时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:17] | The Vice President just entered the Department of Justice. | 副总统刚刚走进司法部大楼 |
[01:20] | We’re here with Ayla Sayyad, | 现场请到的是艾拉·萨伊德 |
[01:21] | whose Wall Street Telegraph article | 她发表在《华尔街电讯报》上的文章 |
[01:22] | catalyzed the investigation. Ayla. | 直接促成了这次调查 艾拉 |
[01:25] | The issue at stake is | 关键问题在于 |
[01:26] | whether the White House was in any way involved. | 白宫是否也在某种程度上卷入其中 |
[01:28] | Was foreign money traded for political favors? | 是否有国外资金用于换取政治支持 |
[01:31] | Did it influence diplomatic relations? | 又是否对外交关系产生影响 |
[01:33] | Just the act of laundering Chinese contributions is illegal. | 单是为来自中国的政治献金洗白就是违法的 |
[01:36] | If it had a significant impact on White House policy, | 如果这笔钱对白宫决策产生影响的话 |
[01:38] | that’s a far more serious crime. | 那就是更严重的罪行了 |
[01:40] | You’ve met with Daniel Lanagin on multiple occasions. | 你曾多次与丹尼尔·拉尼根会面 |
[01:44] | We were in the same room, yes, on 11 occasions since 2003. | 没错 2003年起我们曾11次共处一室 |
[01:48] | But we only spoke on three of those occasions. | 但其中我们交谈过的只有三次 |
[01:52] | Those instances are highlighted. | 那几次已经标出来了 |
[01:54] | What did you discuss? | 你们谈了什么 |
[01:56] | Well, these were fundraisers. | 那都是在筹款会上 |
[01:57] | I speak to dozens of people, | 我对着几十号人发表演讲 |
[02:00] | usually about nothing at all. | 也没有什么特定的话题 |
[02:01] | I’m southern, Ms. Dunbar. | 我是南方人 邓巴女士 |
[02:03] | My mother taught me that | 我妈妈教导我 |
[02:04] | conversation during mealtime is not only polite, | 席间讲话不仅礼貌 |
[02:06] | it aids the digestive process. | 还有助消化 |
[02:09] | So you didn’t speak to him | 那你没有跟他谈到过 |
[02:10] | about the Adohi tribe’s contributions to any of these super PACs? | 阿道希部落向这些超级政治行动委员会捐款的事吗 |
[02:14] | Absolutely not. | 绝对没有 |
[02:15] | I never discuss super PACs with any supporters. | 我从不和支持者提超级政治行动委员会 |
[02:17] | We both know the law. | 我们熟悉法律规定 |
[02:19] | During one of these polite conversations, | 在这些礼节性的谈话中 |
[02:21] | do you recall Mr. Lanagin ever mentioning Xander Feng? | 拉尼根先生可曾向你提起过冯山德 |
[02:25] | I do not. | 我想没有 |
[02:26] | Does that name mean anything to you? | 你听说过这个名字吗 |
[02:28] | Other than being plastered all over the news? | 你是说除了铺天盖地的媒体报道吗 |
[02:30] | In that regard it means as much as Kim Kardashian. | 从这个角度说 就像我也听说过金·卡戴珊 |
[02:36] | Then let me be more specific. | 那我再说得明确些 |
[02:38] | What knowledge do you have of Mr. Feng’s political activities? | 你对冯先生涉及政治的活动有多少了解 |
[02:43] | Is this coming from your husband, or is it…? | 这是你丈夫的意思还是 |
[02:46] | From me. | 是我的意思 |
[02:48] | And it’s not that I don’t support the bill anymore. | 而且不是说我不再支持法案了 |
[02:51] | It’s just the article. | 只是采访的事 |
[02:53] | We’ve promised Matt an interview. | 我们已经答应让马特做专访了 |
[02:55] | Maybe in a few weeks, | 那往后推几周吧 |
[02:57] | once the investigation has died down. | 等调查尘埃落定之后再说 |
[02:59] | The New York Times isn’t going to wait for us. | 《纽约时代杂志》可不会干等着我们 |
[03:01] | They’ve already scheduled the cover for October. | 他们已经腾出十月份的封面 |
[03:03] | Based on our timing — | 鉴于我们的安排 |
[03:04] | Then I can’t be a part of it. | 那就恕难参与了 |
[03:08] | It’s the Galloway nonsense, isn’t it? | 是因为嘉乐威的事 是不是 |
[03:09] | Claire, come on. | 克莱尔 别这么说 |
[03:10] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[03:12] | You can say so. We’re friends. | 你直说就行 我们是朋友 |
[03:15] | It doesn’t help. | 的确影响不好 |
[03:16] | You don’t actually believe I — | 你不会真相信我 |
[03:17] | No. | 当然不信 |
[03:19] | But enough of the country still does. | 但国内还是有不少人信的 |
[03:22] | And Garrett needs every bit of support he can get right now. | 加勒特现在需要争取每一份支持 |
[03:28] | So there’s no convincing you? | 那你心意已决了 |
[03:30] | I’ll help as much as I can. | 我会尽可能帮你 |
[03:33] | Quietly. | 悄悄地帮 |
[03:38] | There are rumors that you and Mr. Feng | 有传言说你和冯先生 |
[03:39] | served as back channels to the trade summit last May. | 在去年五月的贸易峰会上进行了私下接触 |
[03:42] | Exactly. Rumors. | 没错 就是”传言” |
[03:44] | We have Feng in the U.S. during the summit. | 峰会期间冯就在美国境内 |
[03:47] | Well, if he was back-channeling, | 就算他做了私下接触 |
[03:48] | and even if I were aware, | 就算我知情 |
[03:50] | any form of diplomatic communication is usually classified. | 这种外交接触一般都是保密的 |
[03:53] | Have you ever discussed Feng with the President? | 你和总统说起过冯吗 |
[03:55] | Any major player in Beijing is worthy of discussion. | 北京每一个权势人物我们都会说起 |
[03:57] | So that’s a yes. | 那就是承认了 |
[03:59] | It’s a general comment. | 只是陈述一般情况 |
[04:00] | Did you discuss him during the energy crisis? | 你在能源危机期间与别人说起过他吗 |
[04:02] | I assuming you’re alluding to the refinery co-venture with — | 我猜你是指跟他合资投资精炼厂的 |
[04:04] | Yes. With Raymond Tusk. | 没错 我是指雷蒙德·塔斯克 |
[04:05] | The refinery was never part of our conversation. | 我们从来没聊起过精炼厂 |
[04:08] | We needed an immediate solution. | 我们要的是能立即见效的方案 |
[04:10] | A refinery would have solved nothing in the short term. | 建精炼厂在短期内什么都解决不了 |
[04:12] | And it’s my understanding that deal fell through. | 而且据我所知 这交易最后黄了 |
[04:14] | Correct. But Tusk did receive a subsidy. | 没错 但塔斯克拿到了补贴 |
[04:16] | As did every other nuclear energy provider. | 其他核电供应商也都拿到了 |
[04:18] | But his connection with Feng, | 但他和冯有联系 |
[04:20] | then a subsidy on samarium — | 还有钐补贴 |
[04:21] | Nobody made any profits off these subsidies. | 没人从这笔补贴中获利 |
[04:23] | At best they were breaking even. | 至多也就是保本而已 |
[04:24] | In fact, Raymond fought us on the issue. | 事实上 雷蒙德一开始还拒绝接受补贴 |
[04:27] | Then let’s back up to the Port Jefferson Bridge. | 那我们再说说杰斐逊港大桥吧 |
[06:12] | I don’t blame her. It’s a valid concern. | 这也怨不得她 这的确值得担忧 |
[06:14] | Tell him I won’t engage on Galloway, | 告诉他我不会谈嘉乐威的事 |
[06:16] | so there’s no point in asking. | 所以干脆也别问 |
[06:17] | This is Matt Bai. | 这可是马特·贝 |
[06:18] | We can’t dictate what he’ll ask. | 他要问什么我们说了不算 |
[06:19] | And he will ask. | 而且他肯定会问这个 |
[06:20] | Well, then I’ll just say I won’t answer tabloid questions. | 那我就说我不会回应这些无聊八卦 |
[06:23] | It’s a legitimate question. | 这是个合理的问题 |
[06:24] | How the scandal could affect the vote. | 丑闻对选举有什么影响 |
[06:26] | Look, I say you pull out, too. | 我建议我们也不做了 |
[06:28] | We scrap the whole piece. | 取消掉整篇专题 |
[06:30] | Jackie is fighting us. | 杰姬在和我们对着干 |
[06:32] | The leadership is noncommittal. | 总统方面又指望不上 |
[06:33] | We need this article to refocus attention. | 我们需要这篇专访让大家重新关注法案 |
[06:36] | But it’ll hurt you. | 但这于你不利啊 |
[06:38] | Both your personal image and the bill. | 对你的形象和法案都不利 |
[06:41] | But if we cut the cord, | 但如果我们谁都不靠 |
[06:42] | we schedule two interviews, | 约好的两场采访 |
[06:43] | then we cancel, won’t Matt be furious? | 就这么取消了 马特不会生气吗 |
[06:45] | The story will be about pulling out. | 那么大家只会看到我们的退缩 |
[06:47] | We’re talking about the lesser of two evils. | 我们要权衡利弊 |
[06:48] | I don’t want you to become the target, | 我不希望你成为目标 |
[06:50] | to undo all the work — | 使我们的努力白费 |
[06:50] | Then what if it’s not me at all? | 如果不是我去呢 |
[06:52] | But you said the first lady wasn’t going — | 可你说第一夫人不打算 |
[06:54] | Not her. Someone else. | 不是她 是其他人 |
[06:56] | Was the bridge a trade-off to prevent additional GOP funding? | 建设大桥是否是换取切断共和党资助金的筹码 |
[07:00] | As far as I know, | 据我所知 |
[07:01] | the bridge was a delivery on a promise | 这座大桥是总统在兑现 |
[07:03] | the president had made to the voters. | 他对选民做出的承诺 |
[07:05] | Are we finished here? | 还没问完吗 |
[07:06] | Almost. | 快了 |
[07:08] | How many members of Congress have you interviewed, Ms. Dunbar? | 你会见过多少位国会议员 邓巴女士 |
[07:10] | About 200? | 200吗 |
[07:11] | 194. | 194位 |
[07:13] | Well, I want to be of help, | 我想帮忙 |
[07:14] | but I doubt I can offer any more than the 194 that preceded me. | 但我想前面194位都已经说得差不多了 |
[07:17] | I have gotten some useful testimony. | 我得到了一些有用的证词 |
[07:21] | From who? | 从谁那儿得来的 |
[07:21] | A high-ranking House member. | 众议院高层 |
[07:23] | In the leadership? | 领导层的吗 |
[07:23] | I’m not at liberty to say. | 我不能说 |
[07:24] | Bob Birch? Jackie Sharp? | 鲍勃·博奇 杰姬·夏普 |
[07:26] | This individual says he attended a meeting | 这个人说他参加了7月14日 |
[07:28] | July 14th in the Oval Office. | 在总统办公室的会议 |
[07:30] | She said “He,” | 她说是个男的 |
[07:31] | so it must have been Birch. | 那么一定是博奇 |
[07:32] | I’m sure Raymond had no trouble buying him off. | 雷蒙德肯定能轻易收买他 |
[07:34] | You attended that meeting also. | 你也参加了那次会议 |
[07:40] | It appears so. | 看来是这样的 |
[07:41] | Do you recall the subject of that meeting? | 你还记得那次会议的主题吗 |
[07:43] | A wave of conservative attack ads. | 一波共和党的攻击广告 |
[07:44] | We were being outspent. | 我们没有足够财力与之抗衡 |
[07:45] | It must have been quite a shock | 你一定很震惊吧 |
[07:47] | when Lanagin’s tribe shifted contributions to the other party, | 拉尼根转而把钱捐给了另一党派 |
[07:49] | when they hadn’t given a single dime to the Republicans before that. | 之前他们从没给共和党捐过钱 |
[07:52] | Well, it would have been a shock, | 这的确会令我们震惊 |
[07:53] | but we didn’t know where the money was coming from at the time. | 但我们当时并不知道钱是哪来的 |
[07:55] | According to my source… | 据我的线人说 |
[07:56] | Bob Birch. | 鲍勃·博奇 |
[07:57] | My source says the estimate was 25 million. | 我的线人说 当时预计有两千五百万 |
[08:01] | You said, and I quote, | 引用你说的话 |
[08:03] | “With this kind of influx, | “凭空出现这么多钱 |
[08:04] | you can be sure somebody isn’t playing by the rules.” | 肯定有人违规了” |
[08:07] | Sounds like something I might say. | 像是我说过的话 |
[08:09] | Bob has a better memory than me. | 鲍勃的记性比我好 |
[08:11] | The money stopped just after | 杰斐逊港大桥刚获批 |
[08:12] | the Port Jefferson Bridge was approved. | 这笔钱就中断了 |
[08:14] | Is there a theory here, | 你是真有想法 |
[08:15] | or are you just grasping at straws? | 还是查不出头绪就瞎猜 |
[08:16] | The bridge leads to Feng. | 大桥与冯有关 |
[08:18] | Feng gives me Lanagin and Tusk. | 冯与拉尼根和塔斯克有关 |
[08:19] | Tusk and the president — | 塔斯克和总统 |
[08:20] | Ms. Dunbar, you want to play six degrees of separation, | 邓巴女士 你想玩六度分隔的话 |
[08:24] | you could throw in Jimmy Hoffa and the pope. | 还能扯上吉米·霍法和教皇 |
[08:26] | Then how about one degree of separation? | 那么一度分隔如何 |
[08:30] | Douglas Stamper, your chief of staff. | 道格拉斯·斯坦普 你的幕僚长 |
[08:32] | This is him at Lanagin’s casino July 14th. | 这是7月14日他在拉尼根的赌场 |
[08:35] | I used these to get a warrant for flight records. | 我用这些申请了搜查证 调出了飞行记录 |
[08:39] | The next day, Mr. Stamper was on a flight to Beijing. | 第二天 斯坦普先生飞去北京 |
[08:43] | Why was he at the casino? | 他为什么去赌场 |
[08:45] | And why was he in Beijing? | 为什么去北京 |
[08:47] | I would like to speak to my client. | 我想与委托人谈谈 |
[08:50] | Please. | 请吧 |
[08:53] | I work hard. | 我很努力 |
[08:56] | I keep things simple. | 我不拖泥带水 |
[08:57] | I know what my priorities are. | 我知道重要的是什么 |
[09:01] | But there’s this — this person. | 但是有这么个人 |
[09:07] | She’s not even in my life, except on the edges, | 她不在我的生活中 而是在我生活的边缘 |
[09:08] | making things blurrier. | 所以界限很模糊 |
[09:14] | It doesn’t tempt me to drink. | 这并不让我想喝酒 |
[09:15] | It’s more like she — | 那感觉更像… |
[09:17] | it’s more like she feels what it was like when I was drinking. | 她给我的感觉就像我喝酒时的感觉 |
[09:21] | When I couldn’t get enough. | 总是无法满足 |
[09:24] | No matter how many drinks I had, | 不管我喝多少酒 |
[09:25] | I wanted another. | 总是喝不够 |
[09:31] | I — I don’t want to be with her. | 我不想和她在一起 |
[09:35] | I mean, I — I — I do. | 我是说 我想 |
[09:37] | But | 但是 |
[09:42] | it’s more like she’s my daughter. | 她更像是我女儿 |
[09:45] | Or my mother. | 或者我母亲 |
[09:47] | I don’t know. This is fucked up. | 我也不知道了 太乱了 |
[09:49] | Take your time. | 慢慢说 |
[09:52] | I should cut her off. | 我不该再跟她联系了 |
[09:54] | The way I did with booze. | 就像戒酒一样 |
[10:00] | That’s all. I’m done. | 就这些 说完了 |
[10:03] | Thanks for sharing. | 谢谢你与我们分享 |
[10:05] | We’ll need some time before responding to your questions. | 我们需要一些时间回答你的问题 |
[10:07] | I could wait as long as necessary. | 我愿意等 |
[10:09] | It could take a while. | 可能要花上一段时间 |
[10:10] | There are national security matters at stake. | 事关国家安全 |
[10:11] | The vice president needs to consult with his advisors. | 副总统需要咨询顾问 |
[10:13] | National security? | 国家安全 |
[10:14] | Are you really gonna play that card, Oliver? | 你真要用这招吗 奥利弗 |
[10:16] | His answers could entail classified material. | 他的回答可能涉及保密信息 |
[10:18] | When can we expect a response? | 我们什么时候能得到回应 |
[10:20] | I’ll let you know. | 我会通知你的 |
[10:22] | May we hold onto the screen cap? | 我们可以拿走这些截屏照片吗 |
[10:23] | Be my guest. | 请便 |
[10:24] | We’ll be in touch soon, Ms. Dunbar. | 我们会尽快联系你 邓巴女士 |
[10:25] | Mr. Vice President? | 副总统先生 |
[10:27] | If you think you’re insulated, don’t. | 不要觉得我们在针对你 |
[10:29] | Our investigation is much bigger than Douglas Stamper. | 我们调查的不止道格拉斯·斯坦普 |
[10:31] | That’s enough, Ms. Dunbar. | 就到这儿吧 邓巴女士 |
[10:33] | Thank you for your time, Mr. Vice President. | 多谢你的时间 副总统先生 |
[10:35] | Happy to cooperate. | 乐意合作 |
[10:44] | From the lion’s den to a pack of wolves. | 刚出虎口 又入狼窝 |
[10:46] | When you’re fresh meat, kill, | 如果你是滴血的肉 那就杀了别人 |
[10:48] | and throw them something fresher. | 给他们更新鲜的肉 |
[10:56] | Hey, I’m Fitz. | 你好 我是菲茨 |
[10:59] | Doug. | 道格 |
[11:01] | Yeah, you know, uh, you can isolate, | 你要知道 你可以自己硬挺着 |
[11:03] | white-knuckle this shit if you want. | 独自承担这一切 |
[11:06] | Or you can ask for help. | 或者你也可以向他人求助 |
[11:08] | Got a sponsor? | 你有担保人吗 |
[11:09] | No. It’s been 14 years. I’m good. | 不用 都已经14年了 我很好 |
[11:14] | Number’s on the back, if you change your mind. | 电话在背面 如果你改主意的话 |
[11:26] | Thought you had a driver. | 我以为你有司机 |
[11:28] | I do. | 我有 |
[11:30] | I didn’t want him overhearing anything. | 我不希望他听到什么 |
[11:33] | You shouldn’t even be near this state. | 你根本就不该来这个州 |
[11:36] | I’m not really here. | 我不在这儿 |
[11:37] | Long layover on my way to California. | 去加州绕了点远路 |
[11:40] | I’ve got auditors, | 稽核员 |
[11:41] | federal agents in my office, | 和联邦探员都在我办公室 |
[11:43] | going through every file, every document. | 查看每一份文件和档案 |
[11:46] | They’re going through my god damn trash. | 他们连我的垃圾都翻 |
[11:47] | Just stick to the Fifth if she subpoenas you. | 如果她传唤你就坚持保持沉默 |
[11:49] | Well, how do they know to look for Stamper? | 他们怎么知道去查斯坦普 |
[11:50] | To search the tapes on that exact day? | 专查那天的录像 |
[11:53] | Don’t jump to conclusions. | 别乱下结论 |
[11:56] | You’re throwing me under the bus. | 你这是要牺牲我 |
[11:57] | Underwood’s the roadkill. Not you. | 安德伍德才是对头 你不是 |
[11:59] | They’re going to fuck me. | 他们要搞垮我 |
[12:01] | They’ll find a way. | 他们会找到办法 |
[12:03] | And you know that. | 而你已经预见到了 |
[12:04] | And if that’s the case, | 如果是那样 |
[12:04] | you and your family will be taken care of. | 你和你的家人会得到妥善安置 |
[12:08] | They’re already offering me a plea. | 他们已经给我提供认罪条件了 |
[12:11] | You haven’t even been charged yet. | 你还没被起诉呢 |
[12:13] | If I cooperate. | 如果我合作的话 |
[12:14] | You’ll do less time, | 你能少坐几年牢 |
[12:15] | but your family will have nothing. | 但你的家人会一无所有 |
[12:17] | They’ll still have nothing when you get out. | 等你出来他们还是一无所有 |
[12:19] | You testify against Raymond, | 你作证指认雷蒙德 |
[12:20] | and he’ll still walk | 他还是不会有事 |
[12:21] | because all they’ll have is your com.funword.word. | 因为他们只有你的证词作证据 |
[12:23] | And that doesn’t count for much right now. | 而现在你的证词没多少可信度 |
[12:27] | You wouldn’t be here if he wasn’t afraid. | 他要是不害怕你就不会来了 |
[12:29] | I’m not here because he’s afraid. | 我来不是因为他害怕了 |
[12:31] | I’m here because you are. | 是因为你害怕了 |
[12:34] | And I want to make sure you don’t do anything stupid. | 我要确定你不会做蠢事 |
[12:37] | After repeated conversations with Beijing | 在反复和北京沟通后 |
[12:39] | they remain intractable in their position. | 他们坚持他们的立场 |
[12:42] | This morning I gave orders for a carrier group | 我今早命令一个航母战斗群 |
[12:44] | to reposition near Okinawa. | 在冲绳海域重新部署 |
[12:46] | This won’t put our ships in direct confrontation | 这样我们的舰只不会直接 |
[12:48] | with the Chinese vessels, | 和中国军舰对峙 |
[12:49] | but it will put them within reach of airstrikes. | 但又能把对方纳入航母空袭范围 |
[12:52] | I’ll be informing the Chinese ambassador later today. | 我今天晚些时候会知会中国大使 |
[12:55] | We’ll release a statement in coordination with the Pentagon. | 我们会和五角大楼联合发表声明 |
[12:58] | Sir, our stockpiles of samarium | 我们的钐储量 |
[13:00] | will only last another two months at most. | 最多能再坚持两个月 |
[13:03] | If we go this route — | 如果我们这么做 |
[13:03] | Yeah, I’ve — I’ve heard everyone’s concerns. | 我已经知道所有人的担忧 |
[13:05] | And this is the decision I’ve made. | 这是我的决定 |
[13:07] | Any questions? | 有问题吗 |
[13:09] | Okay. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[13:11] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[13:27] | How’d it go? | 进行的怎么样 |
[13:28] | We have a few follow-up questions that we have to address. | 我们有些问题需要后续澄清 |
[13:31] | Like what? | 比如什么 |
[13:31] | Oh, nothing major. | 没什么要紧的 |
[13:32] | Just odds and ends. A few details. | 就是零七碎八 一点细节 |
[13:34] | I was under the impression this would be short and sweet. | 我以为这调查会简短而温和 |
[13:37] | So was I, but she’s very deliberate. | 我也以为 但她不依不饶 |
[13:40] | We need this over, Frank. | 这事得尽快平息 弗兰克 |
[13:41] | At least as far as the White House is concerned. | 至少白宫需要这事尽快过去 |
[13:44] | We can’t be distracted. | 我们不能分心 |
[13:45] | Not with warships on the move. | 特别是局势如此紧张的时候 |
[13:46] | I’m confident we’re in the home stretch. | 我确信马上就会结束了 |
[13:48] | Well, you seem more concerned than you’re letting on. | 你看上去不像嘴上说得那么轻松 |
[13:50] | Oh, no, not at all. | 不 完全没有 |
[13:51] | You’re fidgeting. | 你在搓手 |
[13:54] | It’s my class ring. | 是我的毕业戒指 |
[13:55] | I forget I — | 我忘了我… |
[13:58] | I buried it. | 我把它埋了 |
[14:00] | You what? | 什么 |
[14:00] | I — it’s a long story. | 说来话长了 |
[14:05] | I’ve never seen you this stressed before, Frank. | 我从没见过你这么紧张 弗兰克 |
[14:07] | Well, I’ve never seen you this tired before, sir. | 我从没见过你这么疲惫 先生 |
[14:10] | You’ve got rings of your own. | 你也有自己的圈 |
[14:11] | Dark ones. | 黑眼圈 |
[14:12] | Yeah, they’re getting worse, aren’t they? | 越发明显了 是吗 |
[14:13] | You should take more naps on those sofas in the Oval. | 你该在总统办公室的沙发上多打打盹 |
[14:16] | Oh, naps don’t cut it these days, Frank. | 如今光打盹可管不了用了 弗兰克 |
[14:18] | Not even a dent. | 一点都解不了乏 |
[14:24] | Lie after lie. | 谎话连篇 |
[14:27] | First to a prosecutor, then to a president. | 先是对检察官 现在是对总统 |
[14:31] | I feel exposed. | 我感到我全无防护 |
[14:34] | Like the skin where my ring used to be. | 就像我手指上曾被戒指庇护的皮肤 |
[14:38] | Even Achilles was only as strong as his heel. | 强如阿喀琉斯 也终被踵上一箭毙命 |
[14:48] | Where’s Doug? | 道格在哪 |
[14:48] | He’s not answering his phone. | 他老不接电话 |
[14:50] | He went to a meeting, sir. | 他去参加互助会了 先生 |
[14:51] | In the middle of the day? | 大白天的去干什么 |
[14:52] | I think he’s on his way back now. | 他现在可能在往回赶了 |
[14:54] | I want him back now as soon as possible. | 我要他赶紧回来 |
[15:05] | Sir, this arrived for you. | 先生 这是给你的 |
[15:06] | The watch you gave Remy when he left for Glendon Hill. | 是雷米跳槽去格兰顿-希尔时你送给他的手表 |
[15:09] | I recognized it from the quote on the back. | 我从手表背面的名言认出来的 |
[15:12] | Was there a message? | 他留信息了吗 |
[15:13] | No. Just the watch. | 没有 只有这只表 |
[15:16] | Let’s find Doug. | 赶紧联系道格 |
[15:17] | Right away, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[15:24] | Forgive the plastic. | 希望你不介意塑料杯子 |
[15:27] | Luc Tuymans. He’s the real thing. | 吕克·图伊曼斯 他有真本事 |
[15:30] | Well, I’ll take your com.funword.word. | 那我就信你了 |
[15:33] | It’s not mine. None of it. | 这不是我的 这些全都不是 |
[15:34] | California, you want to sell your house, | 在加州 你要是想卖房子 |
[15:38] | your realtor decorates it. | 你的房屋中介会先装修一番 |
[15:40] | Well, one room at least. | 起码会装个样板间 |
[15:43] | Where you moving? | 你打算搬到哪去 |
[15:45] | Oh, I have a little ranch in Sonoma. | 我在索诺玛有座小农场 |
[15:49] | My wife’s gone. | 我妻子离开了 |
[15:51] | My kids won’t talk to me. | 我的孩子也不和我说话 |
[15:53] | But at least I’ll have my painting. | 至少我还有我的画 |
[15:55] | You paint? | 你还画画吗 |
[15:56] | No. And there’s no ranch. | 不画 农场也是胡扯 |
[15:58] | But the rest of it — the rest of it’s true. | 但其余的话 其余的都是真的 |
[16:01] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[16:08] | I’m here about Jacqueline Sharp. | 我是为杰奎琳·夏普而来 |
[16:11] | We’re thinking of hiring her. | 我们在考虑雇用她 |
[16:12] | A lobbyist? | 做说客吗 |
[16:13] | She could lose her re-elect. | 她可能赢不了连任竞选了 |
[16:14] | Not a great time to be an incumbent. | 现在局势对在位者不利 |
[16:17] | I know you two are close. | 我知道你和她关系很近 |
[16:20] | So, you’re looking for what? | 你来是想要什么 |
[16:22] | A recommendation? | 推荐函吗 |
[16:24] | We have the lowest turnover of any shop on K Street. | 我们是K街员工流动率最低的一家 |
[16:27] | There’s a reason. | 这是有原因的 |
[16:28] | What are you looking for at Glendon Hill? | 你在给格兰顿-希尔物色什么样的人 |
[16:32] | A killer instinct. | 心狠手辣 争强好胜的人 |
[16:34] | Well, she certainly has that. | 那你找她算是找对人了 |
[16:40] | Forgive me if I’m prying, | 恕我直言 |
[16:41] | but did she have anything to do with your, uh… | 但是不是她造成了你的… |
[16:47] | Departure? | 出局 |
[16:50] | Jackie did what she had to do. | 杰姬做了她必须做的事 |
[16:52] | I’ll never forgive her. | 我永远不会原谅她 |
[16:53] | But I understand why she did it. | 但我理解她为什么要这么做 |
[16:58] | Did what exactly? | 她究竟做了什么 |
[17:03] | I paid cash for my ticket. | 我用现金买的票 |
[17:05] | I was careful. | 我非常谨慎 |
[17:06] | Clearly not enough. | 显然不够谨慎 |
[17:10] | Sir, the casino had cameras everywhere. | 先生 赌场里到处是摄像头 |
[17:12] | There was no way to avoid them. | 我根本无法避开 |
[17:14] | But there had to have been thousands of hours of footage. | 但他们的监控录像肯定有几千小时 |
[17:16] | Now how they found that — | 他们怎么找出来的… |
[17:17] | I have to ask you a question, Doug. | 有个问题我必须要问 道格 |
[17:20] | And I’m sorry, but I need you to be honest. | 我很抱歉 但你要如实作答 |
[17:24] | Are you drinking again? | 你是不是又开始酗酒了 |
[17:26] | God no. | 当然没有 |
[17:28] | Truly? | 真的吗 |
[17:29] | It’s not an option. | 想都没想过 |
[17:29] | Because it would explain a lot. | 你最近的表现可很像喝醉了 |
[17:32] | You have every right to be upset. | 你完全有权生气 |
[17:34] | This was my fault. | 这是我的错 |
[17:35] | I’m more concerned than I’m upset. | 我已经顾不上生气了 |
[17:36] | I need you now, Doug. | 我现在需要你 道格 |
[17:37] | More than ever. | 非常需要 |
[17:41] | I know. | 我明白 |
[17:43] | We’re not young men. | 你我都不年轻了 |
[17:45] | If we fail, we’ll die in a cage. | 一旦失败 都会老死在牢里 |
[17:51] | I haven’t been myself lately. | 我最近不在状态 |
[18:01] | That’s what you said to me 14 years ago. | 你14年前也是这么说的 |
[18:05] | When I gave you a second chance, it paid off. | 我给了你第二次机会 也收获了回报 |
[18:07] | You got clean, Doug. | 你戒酒了 道格 |
[18:09] | Nothing means more to me than this job, sir. Nothing. | 这份工作是我最看重的 先生 无比重要 |
[18:14] | Whatever’s going on, | 无论发生了什么 |
[18:15] | I need to know that it can be managed. | 我要知道你能搞定 |
[18:17] | And if you need my help, | 如果你需要我的帮助 |
[18:18] | I’m here to help you. | 我会伸出援手 |
[18:20] | I’m good, sir. | 我没事 先生 |
[18:22] | I can handle myself. | 我能自己解决的 |
[18:23] | Things’ll be different. | 局面会好转的 |
[18:33] | I’ve never given someone a third chance. | 我从没给过别人第三次机会 |
[18:41] | Until this very moment. | 但现在我再给你一次机会 |
[18:46] | And I’m grateful. | 我非常感激 |
[18:49] | You won’t regret it. | 我不会让你后悔的 |
[18:51] | Please believe that, sir. | 请相信这一点 先生 |
[18:56] | It was Remy who alerted them to the footage. | 是雷米让他们找到录像的 |
[18:59] | His going-away gift. | 这是他的离职礼物 |
[19:01] | Read the back. | 读读背面 |
[19:07] | What do you think he’s trying to say? | 你觉得他想传达什么信息 |
[19:08] | I don’t know, | 我不知道 |
[19:09] | but track him down and set up a meeting. | 找到他 给我安排一次会面 |
[19:12] | What about Dunbar? | 邓巴那边怎么办 |
[19:14] | We can’t run from the facts. | 我们没法逃开事实 |
[19:16] | I’ll say whatever you want me to say. | 你让我说什么 我就说什么 |
[19:18] | I’ll take responsibility for all of it. | 我负全责 |
[19:20] | She could indict you. | 她可能会起诉你 |
[19:21] | That’s what having a staff is for. | 幕僚就是做这个的 |
[19:25] | I have a better solution. | 我有个更好的解决办法 |
[19:27] | – We’ll both take responsibility. – How? | -我们一起承担责任 -怎么做 |
[19:29] | Set up an interview with Dunbar. Day after tomorrow. | 后天和邓巴安排一次会面 |
[19:32] | – You and I need time to do our homework. – Yes, sir. | -我们俩需要时间做足准备 -是 先生 |
[19:48] | When did this happen? | 这是什么时候弄的 |
[19:51] | Meechum helped me fix it. | 密查姆帮我修好了 |
[19:54] | If they’re not gonna let me run, I have to work out some way. | 如果他们不让我跑步 我总得想办法健身 |
[19:57] | You carried it all the way up here? | 你把它搬上楼了 |
[19:59] | For privacy. I had help. | 更隐秘 有人帮我 |
[20:03] | – Meechum. – That’s right. | -密查姆 -没错 |
[20:05] | Well, he’s a jack of all trades. | 他还真是样样通 |
[20:09] | – Handyman. Furniture mover. – Human shield. | -工匠 搬家具的 -肉盾 |
[20:20] | How bad is it? | 有多糟 |
[20:27] | Bad. | 很糟 |
[20:31] | They have evidence of Doug being where he shouldn’t have been. | 他们有证据证明道格出现在不该出现的地方 |
[20:36] | What are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么办 |
[20:42] | Tell the truth. | 讲实话 |
[20:45] | – You’re not actually gonna — – Selectively. | -你该不会真打算… -不是全部 |
[20:48] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[20:49] | It’s a stumble, not a fall. | 不过绊了一下 还没摔倒 |
[20:51] | You aren’t like this when it’s just a stumble. | 如果只是绊一下 你不会这个样子 |
[20:54] | – Like how? – You’re scared. I can tell. | -什么样子 -你害怕了 我看得出来 |
[21:03] | 500 meters at 1:39. That was my best. | 1分39秒划五百米 这是我的最佳成绩 |
[21:07] | Shoot for that. | 以此为目标吧 |
[22:01] | How have you been? | 你怎么样 |
[22:03] | Okay. | 挺好 |
[22:05] | – The meds are helping. – Oh, that’s good to hear. | -药挺有用的 -那就好 |
[22:09] | Let’s have a seat. | 坐吧 |
[22:12] | Those people at the end of the street… | 街角那些人 |
[22:13] | it’s intense. | 闹得挺厉害 |
[22:15] | They’re there 24/7. Twice as many on the weekends. | 他们一天到晚不消停 周末人数还翻番 |
[22:19] | We’re so used to it by now. | 我们现在都习惯了 |
[22:27] | Can I take off my shoes? | 我能脱鞋吗 |
[22:29] | I thought I should dress up, but I am not good with heels. | 我觉得该穿得正式点 但我真不喜欢高跟鞋 |
[22:32] | Yes. Of course. | 行 当然可以 |
[22:36] | My mom said they went with the dress. | 我妈妈说和裙子很搭 |
[22:41] | Much better. | 舒服多了 |
[22:44] | Look, Megan, | 梅根 |
[22:46] | I know the last six months have been difficult, | 我知道过去六个月很难熬 |
[22:49] | but I need your help. | 但我需要你的帮助 |
[22:50] | We just don’t have the support that we expected in the leadership. | 我们没能像预想的那样得到领导层的支持 |
[22:54] | Yeah, I figured this wasn’t just about checking up on me. | 我也猜到你不会只是想问问我的近况 |
[22:56] | You changed your mind before, and I understand why. | 你之前改过主意 我理解 |
[22:59] | But now it seems as though things are more stable with you. | 但现在你的情况似乎稳定多了 |
[23:06] | Are you willing? | 你愿意吗 |
[23:07] | It’s hard to say no when I’m in your house. | 我都坐在你家了 说不有点过意不去 |
[23:12] | Well, you hear those people out there. | 你也听到了外头那些人 |
[23:16] | They’re loud, but I think we need to be louder. | 他们声音很响 但我们要发出更高的声音 |
[23:19] | And it can’t be my voice, | 但这声音不能是我的 |
[23:21] | because I’m the baby killer, the cheater. | 因为我已经是婴儿杀手 和出轨者 |
[23:25] | It needs to be your voice. | 这声音得是你发出的 |
[23:26] | A clear voice. | 因为你没有污点 |
[23:29] | I’m already testifying at the court martial. | 我已经在军事法庭上作证了 |
[23:31] | But that’s closed to the media. | 但那里不对媒体开放 |
[23:32] | It’s not enough. | 还不够 |
[23:35] | There are so many people this has happened to. | 这种事曾发生在很多人身上 |
[23:38] | Why does it have to be me? | 为什么一定是我 |
[23:42] | Because you’re the one who called. | 因为是你打来了电话 |
[23:46] | Are you gonna try to put it out before McGinnis gets sentenced? | 你打算在麦金尼斯判刑之前发表吗 |
[23:48] | Seth? You have a minute? | 赛斯 有空吗 |
[23:50] | Matt, I have to call you back. | 马特 我一会儿打给你 |
[23:59] | Close the door. | 关门 |
[24:05] | When the vice president brought you on board, | 副总统录用你的时候 |
[24:06] | I advised against it. | 我是反对的 |
[24:09] | But I can’t deny you’ve done a good job. | 但我不得不承认你干得很好 |
[24:11] | I appreciate you saying that. | 谢谢你这么说 |
[24:13] | I’m very protective of the vice president. | 我一直很注重保护副总统 |
[24:15] | I find it hard to share that duty with anyone else, | 我很难跟旁人分担这份职责 |
[24:17] | which leaves me open to error. | 这也导致我可能出错 |
[24:19] | It’s one of my faults. | 这是我的缺点之一 |
[24:21] | As I told the vice president, | 正如我跟副总统说的那样 |
[24:22] | I understand that trust is something that I need to earn. | 我知道信任需要我自己争取 |
[24:25] | And given how I got the job — | 而且我得到工作的途径不正 |
[24:26] | If the vice president trusts you, then I trust you. | 如果副总统信任你 那我就信任你 |
[24:29] | We’re a team now. | 我们现在是一个团队 |
[24:30] | And the truth is I can’t do this alone. | 而且我也没法孤军奋战 |
[24:33] | Anything and everything you ask of me. | 要我做任何事都行 |
[24:39] | It might have nothing to do with the media. | 可能与媒体无关 |
[24:43] | Press Secretary is just a title. | 新闻发言人不过是个名号 |
[24:46] | Good. | 很好 |
[24:48] | We have two tasks. | 我们有两个任务 |
[24:49] | First, find me Remy Danton. | 首先 给我找到雷米·丹顿 |
[24:50] | But be discreet. | 但要小心 |
[24:51] | I’ll track him down. | 我会找到他 |
[24:52] | Second, I need you to go | 其次 我要你去翻阅 |
[24:52] | through the Vice President’s travel logs. | 副总统的行程记录 |
[24:54] | Everything in the past 10 years. | 过去十年的所有记录 |
[24:55] | What are we looking for? | 我们要找什么 |
[24:57] | Anything that could hurt us. | 任何软肋 |
[24:58] | I’ll work forward. | 我从前往后找 |
[24:59] | You work backward. | 你从后往前 |
[25:00] | I’m on it. And Doug? | 马上去办 还有道格 |
[25:03] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[25:51] | Nancy, I need you to order me a new phone. | 南茜 帮我订部新手机 |
[26:26] | You said “Odds and ends.” The “Home stretch.” | 你说是”零七碎八””马上就会结束” |
[26:29] | I was presented with this information just hours ago. | 我几个小时前才看到了这些内容 |
[26:31] | We’re talking about impeachable offenses, Frank. | 这是能招致弹劾的罪行 弗兰克 |
[26:32] | Not at all, sir. | 完全不会 先生 |
[26:33] | Your Chief of Staff was — | 你的幕僚长… |
[26:34] | I had a gut feeling that the casino was involved. | 我当时觉得赌场跟这事有关 |
[26:36] | I sent Doug down there to get to the bottom of it. | 我派道格去查了 |
[26:38] | You should have taken this to the DOJ the first inkling you had — | 你一发现联系就该马上去找司法部 |
[26:40] | That’s exactly what I didn’t want. | 我当时就不想那么做 |
[26:41] | To create some ruckus if nothing was going on? | 万一没有什么 我却制造事端 |
[26:43] | You can’t go on conducting your own investigations, Frank. | 你不能私自调查 弗兰克 |
[26:46] | Fact-finding, due diligence, | 查明真相 尽职调查 |
[26:48] | whatever you want to call it. | 随你怎么说 |
[26:49] | If any laws were being broken, I wanted to know. | 如果有任何违法行为 我必须知道 |
[26:52] | And that’s what you want to tell Dunbar. | 你就要这么跟邓巴说吗 |
[26:53] | That I didn’t want to disclose our diplomatic protocols. | 我不透露我们的外交手段 |
[26:55] | That I was concerned about the midterms. | 我担心中期选举 |
[26:57] | And that I wanted to protect the President of the United States. | 我还想保护美国总统 |
[27:00] | Now, maybe what I did was wrong, | 或许我做得不对 |
[27:02] | but I didn’t do anything illegal. | 但我没干任何违法的事 |
[27:04] | You certain of that? | 你确定 |
[27:04] | I’ve discussed this at length with my lawyers. | 我跟我的律师认真探讨过了 |
[27:06] | Dunbar does not strike me as the sort of person | 即使我们承认这一切 |
[27:08] | who will put on the brakes, even if we admit all of this. | 我觉得邓巴也不会就此打住 |
[27:11] | In fact, it might encourage her to dig deeper. | 反而还可能促使她继续深挖 |
[27:17] | You’re right. | 说得对 |
[27:18] | Which is why I want to hand over all of my travel logs. | 所以我打算上交我全部的行程记录 |
[27:21] | And I think you should, too. | 我觉得你也该这么做 |
[27:23] | Volunteer them? | 自愿上交吗 |
[27:24] | Yeah. As a gesture of cooperation. | 是的 表示我们乐意合作 |
[27:26] | Haven’t we made enough gestures? | 我们表示做得够多了 |
[27:28] | That’ll take the wind outta her sails. | 这样她就不会那么叫劲了 |
[27:30] | No. I don’t, uh, want her, | 不 我不想让她 |
[27:33] | uh, poring over every one of my comings and goings. | 仔细查看我所有的行踪 |
[27:38] | He’s worried about his marriage counseling, | 他是在担心他的婚姻咨询 |
[27:40] | as he should be. | 他也该担心 |
[27:42] | If you’re worried about your marriage counseling, | 如果你是在担心你的婚姻咨询 |
[27:43] | you shouldn’t be. | 你不必担心 |
[27:44] | Imagine the fallout if the public were to find out that — | 如果被外界知道 会造成多大影响 |
[27:46] | A needle in a haystack, | 那是大海里的一根针 |
[27:47] | and not a needle that Dunbar is looking for. | 还不是邓巴要找的那根 |
[27:49] | She’s interviewed half of Congress. | 她已经会见了一半的国会议员 |
[27:50] | That woman’s after blood. | 这女人是要见血 |
[27:51] | But not for gossip. | 而不是八卦 |
[27:52] | And even if she does raise an eyebrow, | 就算她真的起疑了 |
[27:54] | you were visiting a sick friend, weren’t you? | 你只是去探望一位生病的朋友 不是吗 |
[27:57] | Yeah, ostensibly. | 是的 表面上是这样 |
[27:58] | Well, she couldn’t possibly find any fault with that. | 这她没什么可说的 |
[28:06] | I’d like Galich in here. | 叫嘉利克过来 |
[28:08] | I’ll let you two talk privately. | 那我就不打扰了 |
[28:09] | When are you seeing Dunbar? | 你什么时候去见邓巴 |
[28:10] | Tomorrow, so you have some time. | 明天 这样你也有时间准备 |
[28:12] | Well, I’ll speak to Bill and get back to you. | 我会跟比尔谈谈 回头找你 |
[28:13] | He’ll advise you against it, which is his job. | 他会建议你不要这么做 是他职责所在 |
[28:16] | But I would just encourage you | 但我会强烈建议你 |
[28:17] | to think politics and not legalese. | 想想政治而不是法律 |
[28:20] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 先生 |
[28:29] | Congresswoman? | 议员女士 |
[28:31] | Why should I vote for you? | 我为什么要投票给你 |
[28:33] | It’s — it’s okay, Mark. | 没事 马克 |
[28:35] | Goodnight. | 晚安 |
[28:40] | You look tired. | 你看起来很疲惫 |
[28:42] | Long day on the campaign trail? | 忙了一天竞选吗 |
[28:46] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干什么 |
[28:48] | You never told me about Havemeyer’s daughter. | 你没跟我说过哈维梅耶女儿的事 |
[28:50] | Everyone knows that. | 大家都知道 |
[28:52] | The whole world knows. | 全世界都知道 |
[28:54] | But not that you visited her. | 但不知道你常去探望她 |
[28:56] | That you leaked it. | 而且是你泄露出去的 |
[28:57] | You came all the way to California to ask me about that? | 你大老远跑来加州就是为了问我这些 |
[29:00] | I came to California to find out about that. | 我是到了加州才知道的 |
[29:03] | I offered to buy Havemeyer’s house, | 我提出买下哈维梅耶的房子 |
[29:05] | but he told me for nothing. | 但他就那么告诉我了 |
[29:09] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[29:10] | It has been a long day on the trail. | 我确实忙了一天竞选 |
[29:13] | It’s still a close race. | 现在还不相上下 |
[29:16] | But not if the voters know how you became whip. | 要是选民知道你是怎么当上党鞭就不会了 |
[29:23] | Are you honestly threatening me? | 你这是在威胁我吗 |
[29:26] | Set up a meeting with Frank. | 安排和弗兰克的会面 |
[29:28] | I don’t care what you talk about, | 我不在乎你怎么说 |
[29:30] | long as you’re alone and the meeting is on the books. | 只要是你单独一人 会面也有记录就行 |
[29:33] | Then you’re gonna sit down with Dunbar. | 然后你去和邓巴谈 |
[29:35] | I’ve already done my interview. | 她已经问完我了 |
[29:36] | Tell her Frank grilled you on your testimony. | 告诉她 是弗兰克逼你那么说的 |
[29:38] | Perjure myself? | 作伪证吗 |
[29:39] | Save your seat. | 保住你的位子 |
[29:40] | You know what? Tell everyone. | 你说出去吧 |
[29:44] | Think how that’d play out. | 想想那会有什么后果 |
[29:46] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[29:49] | You’d really toss yourself off a cliff for Frank? | 你真要为了弗兰克毁了自己吗 |
[29:50] | I have zero allegiance for Frank Underwood. | 我不效忠于弗兰克·安德伍德 |
[29:53] | I won’t be manipulated by him. | 我不会受他操纵 |
[29:55] | And I sure as fuck won’t be manipulated by you. | 我更不会被你操纵 |
[29:57] | I’m not bluffing. | 我不是虚张声势 |
[30:00] | Then I was right. | 那我就是对的 |
[30:01] | About what? | 关于什么 |
[30:02] | How little I meant. | 你根本不在乎我 |
[30:07] | That has nothing to do with this. | 那跟这个没关系 |
[30:08] | It has everything to do with this. | 当然有关系 |
[30:11] | I should feel disgusted, but I don’t. | 我应该觉得恶心 但我没有 |
[30:16] | Just supremely disappointed. | 只是特别失望 |
[30:33] | We got the call 10 minutes ago. | 我们十分钟前接到电话 |
[30:35] | Direct from the White House counsel. | 直接从白宫顾问那里打来的 |
[30:37] | The President’s turning over everything? | 总统要上交一切吗 |
[30:39] | From the day he took office. | 从他就职那天开始 |
[30:40] | And we’re sure this includes the visits to his friend? | 肯定会包括他去拜访那位朋友吗 |
[30:43] | It has to. It was full security detail. | 当然 安保人员全部出动 |
[30:45] | Phenomenal. | 老天啊 |
[30:47] | We have something we can work with. | 我们有下手的地方了 |
[30:50] | Now, as for my logs… | 关于我的记录… |
[30:51] | They’re clean. | 没有问题 |
[30:53] | You’d bet your life on that? | 你拿生命打包票吗 |
[30:54] | I would. | 是的 |
[30:55] | Me, too, sir. | 我也是 先生 |
[30:57] | We’ve been through ’em twice, | 我们已经检查了两次 |
[30:58] | backward and forward. | 反复检查 |
[30:59] | My statement? | 我的声明呢 |
[31:00] | In your inbox. | 在你的收件箱里 |
[31:01] | I looked it over. Seth did a nice job. | 我看过了 塞斯干得很漂亮 |
[31:11] | We need to go wide with this the moment the interview’s over, | 会面一结束我们就要把消息发布出去 |
[31:13] | so that we beat Dunbar to the punch | 这样邓巴如果打算发布什么消息 |
[31:14] | in case she decides to release something. | 我们可以先发制人 |
[31:16] | I’ll be at my computer, | 我会守在电脑前 |
[31:16] | ready to press “Send” the moment I hear from Doug. | 一收到道格的消息就按下”发送”键 |
[31:18] | Have either of you slept? | 你们俩睡过觉吗 |
[31:19] | We’re awake. Fully operational. | 我们很清醒 全速运转 |
[31:21] | You take a shower and put on a fresh suit. | 你去洗个澡 换件衣服 |
[31:23] | Yes, sir. I’ll see you over there. | 是 先生 我们在那边见 |
[31:30] | You have at least three hours. | 你有至少三小时 |
[31:32] | Take a nap. | 打个盹吧 |
[31:33] | You can use my office. | 你可以在我办公室睡 |
[31:35] | General McGinnis was in the courtroom when you testified. | 你作证的时候麦金尼斯将军就在法庭里 |
[31:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:39] | Had you seen him in person — | 你私下见过他吗 |
[31:40] | I mean, since he assaulted you? | 在他侵犯你之后 |
[31:43] | No. | 没有 |
[31:44] | So what was that like? | 那是什么感觉 |
[31:46] | Not fun. | 不愉快 |
[31:49] | Not fun how? | 怎么个不愉快 |
[31:52] | It was hard. Really hard. | 很难受 真的很难受 |
[31:56] | Look, Megan, | 听着 梅根 |
[31:56] | I — I agreed to change the focus of my piece to focus on you, | 我同意把文章的焦点转移到你身上 |
[32:00] | and, you know, I know this has gotta be hard. | 我也知道这肯定很难 |
[32:03] | I need you to help me out a little bit. | 但你得帮帮我 |
[32:05] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[32:07] | I’m not very good at this. I’m nervous. | 我不是很擅长这个 我很紧张 |
[32:08] | You seemed fine when you called into Mrs. Underwood’s interview. | 你打电话去安德伍德夫人的访谈时挺好的 |
[32:12] | She was there with me on the phone. | 她在电话那头跟我在一起 |
[32:14] | Your nerves. | 你的紧张情绪 |
[32:15] | I know that’s been an issue since the assault. | 我知道自从你被侵犯后 这一直是个问题 |
[32:19] | The defense brought up | 那种防御心理 |
[32:20] | what they called emotional and mental instability. | 引起了情绪与精神的不稳定 |
[32:24] | That’s what always happens. | 总是那样 |
[32:26] | The person who was attacked gets attacked all over again. | 被攻击的人会再次被攻击 |
[32:29] | How did that make you feel? | 你有什么感觉 |
[32:30] | It made me angry. | 让我觉得愤怒 |
[32:32] | The lawyer kept coming after me about my panic attacks, | 律师一直问我恐慌症的事 |
[32:35] | my antidepressants. | 和我的抗抑郁药 |
[32:37] | But I just kept staring at McGinnis. | 但我只是紧紧盯着麦金尼斯 |
[32:39] | I wanted him to see I could take it. | 我想让他知道我能承受 |
[32:41] | That I was strong. | 我很坚强 |
[32:43] | I wanted to make him look away first. | 我想让他先转过脸去 |
[32:45] | And did he? | 他有吗 |
[32:46] | Yes. When I said he did more than violate my body. | 是的 当听到我说他不只是侵犯我的身体 |
[32:52] | He betrayed his country. | 他还背叛了自己的国家 |
[32:54] | He robbed it of a good Marine. | 毁了海军陆战队的声誉 |
[32:57] | Let’s talk about the Sexual Assault Bill | 我们谈谈国会正在谈论的 |
[32:58] | that’s in front of Congress right now. | 性侵法案吧 |
[32:59] | You know it’s taken some significant opposition, | 有人提出了很强烈的反对意见 |
[33:02] | most notably from another veteran, | 尤其是另一个老兵 |
[33:03] | Jacqueline Sharp. | 杰奎琳·夏普 |
[33:06] | If you ask me, she’s betraying her country, too. | 要我说 她也背叛了自己的国家 |
[33:12] | Ms. Dunbar. | 邓巴女士 |
[33:14] | Mr. Vice President. | 副总统先生 |
[33:16] | Thank you for giving us a few extra days. | 谢谢你多给我们几天时间 |
[33:17] | I have no problem being patient, | 耐心对我来说不是问题 |
[33:19] | as long as it leads to forthright answers. | 只要能因此得到坦率的回答 |
[33:21] | Well, I won’t make you wait a moment longer. | 我不会让你继续等待了 |
[33:29] | Shall we? | 可以开始了吗 |
[33:32] | Oh, you found it. | 你找到这里了 |
[33:33] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[33:34] | We’re just finishing up here. | 我们马上就完事了 |
[33:35] | What do you think, Mr. Tusk? | 你觉得怎么样 塔斯克先生 |
[33:37] | Keep growing it or have it shaved? | 留着还是剃了 |
[33:39] | Ah, I guess I’ll keep growing it. | 还是留着吧 |
[33:40] | Ah, no problem. | 没问题 |
[33:41] | Let me just clean up the back here. | 我把后面清理一下 |
[33:43] | No, Mack, if you’d give me a couple of minutes. | 不了 麦克 让我们单独待会儿 |
[33:46] | Appreciate it. | 谢了 |
[33:50] | I had this place built down here about 10 years ago. | 大概十年前我在这里建造了这个地方 |
[33:53] | I got tired of driving all the way across town every two weeks. | 我厌倦了每两周都要开车穿过整个城市 |
[33:57] | Now it’s just an elevator ride. | 现在坐个电梯就到了 |
[33:59] | Convenient. | 真方便 |
[34:00] | You know what isn’t convenient? | 你知道不方便的是什么吗 |
[34:03] | Cramming eight attorneys into my office. | 在我办公室里挤下八个律师 |
[34:06] | It was not designed for the entire partnership of my law firm. | 那里不是为召集我律所所有合伙人准备的 |
[34:10] | They’re worried about Lanagin. | 他们比较担心拉尼根 |
[34:13] | He’s a little shaky, but he’ll hold up. | 他有点害怕 但他能挺住 |
[34:15] | Underwood? | 安德伍德 |
[34:16] | Birch delivered. | 博奇出手了 |
[34:19] | And did Dunbar bring up Stamper? | 邓巴提出斯坦普的问题了吧 |
[34:21] | The sessions are closed-door, | 会面是闭门的 |
[34:22] | but I can’t imagine she didn’t. | 不过我想她肯定会提的 |
[34:26] | And what about poor Havemeyer? | 那可怜的哈维梅耶那边呢 |
[34:27] | Was he any help to us on Jackie Sharp? | 他在杰姬·夏普的事上对我们有帮助吗 |
[34:35] | I do not take your hesitation as a promising sign. | 你的犹豫说明进展不顺吧 |
[34:40] | I never like disappointing you. | 我向来不喜欢让你失望 |
[34:43] | He had nothing. | 他什么都不知道吗 |
[34:44] | No. | 不知道 |
[34:47] | Now, do you think that’s because there’s nothing here, | 你觉得他是确实不知道呢 |
[34:49] | or because he’s protecting her. | 还是他在保护她呢 |
[34:51] | There’s nothing there. | 他就是不知道 |
[34:53] | I can go to another congressman — | 我可以再找一个别的议员 |
[34:54] | No, no, no. | 不行 |
[34:55] | It has to be somebody high-profile, | 必须是个曝光率高的人 |
[34:58] | someone in the leadership who will make waves. | 领导层的人 才能引起轰动 |
[35:01] | Let me get back to Birch. | 那我再找找博奇 |
[35:02] | Too obvious, | 太明显了 |
[35:03] | now that he’s shown no sympathy for Frank. | 既然他摆明了不会对弗兰克手软 |
[35:06] | This can’t look orchestrated. | 算盘不能打得太响 |
[35:09] | Multiple fronts, Remy. | 多线作战 雷米 |
[35:11] | Has to be Jackie Sharp. | 必须得是杰姬·夏普 |
[35:12] | Mack? | 麦克 |
[35:14] | Let’s finish up here. | 把头发弄完吧 |
[35:15] | I gotta get back to work. | 我得回去干活儿了 |
[35:17] | You got it, boss. | 没问题 老板 |
[35:18] | You need to get back to work, too. | 你也得去干活儿了 |
[35:22] | And what we discussed? | 我们说过的事 |
[35:24] | Make it happen. | 把它们办成 |
[35:27] | You denied being a back channel. | 你之前否认你是去私下接触的人 |
[35:28] | I did not deny. | 我没否认 |
[35:30] | I chose not to confirm because it was classified. | 我没有证实 因为这是机密信息 |
[35:33] | But your office has consistently denied — | 但是你的办公室一直否认 |
[35:34] | I instructed Doug to do so, | 我让道格那么做的 |
[35:35] | along with my communications department. | 还有我的新闻部 |
[35:37] | When a back channel becomes public, | 私下接触如果公之于众 |
[35:39] | it defeats its purpose. | 也就没什么用了 |
[35:41] | An orchestrated deception — | 精心编造的谎言 |
[35:42] | If we had refused to comment, | 如果我们不予置评 |
[35:43] | it would have suggested that it was true, | 人们就会知道确有其事 |
[35:45] | which would have endangered the process. | 就会危及这一渠道 |
[35:47] | I really had no choice. | 我实在没办法 |
[35:48] | Mr. Feng is currently in Dubai. | 冯先生目前在迪拜 |
[35:49] | I know. | 我知道 |
[35:50] | He’s fleeing corruption charges. | 他因腐败指控畏罪潜逃 |
[35:51] | Not the first time he’s been accused. | 这不是他第一次被指控了 |
[35:54] | And your question? | 你的问题是什么呢 |
[35:56] | I know he laundered the money, Mr. Vice President. | 我知道是他洗钱 副总统先生 |
[35:58] | It’s just a matter of time | 我找到确凿证据 |
[35:59] | before I have the proof to substantiate that. | 只是迟早的事 |
[36:02] | So my question, which I am asking again, | 而我的问题就是 我再问一遍 |
[36:04] | is whether you knew. | 你当时是否知情 |
[36:05] | And I will repeat my answer. | 那我就再回答一遍 |
[36:07] | I did not. | 我当时并不知情 |
[36:09] | I did sense that something was awry, | 我当时的确觉得有点不对劲 |
[36:12] | and Doug was aware of my concerns. | 道格知道我的担忧 |
[36:14] | And I took it upon myself to find out. | 我觉得调查清楚是我的责任 |
[36:16] | The vice president didn’t know. | 副总统并不知情 |
[36:17] | You had no knowledge he was going to the casino? | 你不知道他去赌场的事吗 |
[36:19] | None. But that doesn’t mean | 不知道 但这并不代表 |
[36:21] | I don’t take full responsibility for my staff’s behavior. | 我不对我手下的行为负责 |
[36:24] | The buck stops with me. | 我责无旁贷 |
[36:25] | And what did you find? | 那你发现了什么 |
[36:26] | Nothing. No illegal activity. | 什么都没发现 没有非法行为 |
[36:31] | I don’t have the same resources that you do. | 我不像你那么神通广大 |
[36:33] | If you suspected, | 如果你有所怀疑 |
[36:34] | why didn’t you go immediately to the NIGC, | 为什么不立即联络国家印第安人博彩委员会 |
[36:36] | the BIA, the Department — | 印第安人事务局 或者… |
[36:38] | You have to understand. | 你得理解 |
[36:39] | We’re facing very difficult midterms. | 我们中期选举很吃力 |
[36:41] | I didn’t want to bring attention | 我不想为一些 |
[36:42] | to a series of allegations that may have no basis in fact. | 没有实据的判断而引发关注 |
[36:45] | Now, that may have been misguided logic, | 或许这逻辑不是很合理 |
[36:46] | but that’s how I chose to act. | 但这是我当时的选择 |
[36:49] | The mistake is mine and mine alone. | 错误全在我一个人头上 |
[36:51] | Not Doug’s. | 跟道格没关系 |
[36:52] | And certainly not the president’s. | 当然更算不到总统头上 |
[36:53] | It shouldn’t surprise you | 我要是说我觉得 |
[36:54] | if I say it feels like I am not getting the full picture. | 我没看到事情的全部 你不会意外吧 |
[36:58] | Which is why I’m prepared to give you the full picture. | 所以我打算把全部展示给你 |
[37:01] | Oliver? | 奥利弗 |
[37:02] | The White House believes in transparency. | 白宫相信透明度 |
[37:06] | All of the vice president’s personal travel logs. | 副总统全部个人出行记录 |
[37:08] | And the last 10 years since I became whip. | 还包括我十年党鞭任期内的记录 |
[37:11] | As well as the president’s since inauguration. | 和总统就职后的所有记录 |
[37:14] | There should be no doubt | 我们会面的对象和时间 |
[37:16] | as to whom we met with and when. | 都没有任何问题 |
[37:20] | I am skeptical about what this contains. | 我很怀疑里面的内容 |
[37:22] | Which is what we anticipated | 这点我们也预料到了 |
[37:24] | and why Oliver will walk you through anything | 所以奥利弗会全程在场 |
[37:26] | you might need to know. | 陪你审查全部材料 |
[37:27] | It’s all there. | 全都在那儿了 |
[37:28] | But if you have any questions or requests, | 但如果你还有其他疑问或要求 |
[37:30] | we’ll be happy to facilitate. | 我们也愿意倾力协助 |
[37:37] | I mean, at first I was really nervous. | 刚开始我很紧张 |
[37:39] | But then as soon as I started getting into it, | 但我一进入状态 |
[37:42] | starting speaking from my heart, | 开始吐露心声 |
[37:43] | all these things poured out. | 一切都自然脱口而出 |
[37:46] | Everything I wanted to say. | 那些我一度想说的 |
[37:47] | That I’ve been wanting to say. | 我一直想说的都说出来了 |
[37:49] | Seth told me that Matt was very impressed. | 赛斯告诉我马特很满意 |
[37:51] | I want to do more. | 我还想做更多 |
[37:52] | More interviews? | 做更多采访 |
[37:53] | Articles. TV. | 报刊采访 上电视 |
[37:56] | Whatever it takes. | 不论什么都可以 |
[37:57] | I want to help. | 我想帮忙 |
[37:58] | That’s great, Megan. | 这很好 梅根 |
[38:02] | Thank you for making me do this. | 谢谢你给我这个机会 |
[38:05] | It was a big step for me. | 这对我来说是迈了一大步 |
[38:08] | You have a plane to catch. | 你还要赶飞机 |
[38:09] | I can stay longer, if you need me to do another. | 如果你需要我做别的采访 我可以留下 |
[38:16] | Why don’t you head back to Chicago, | 不如你先回芝加哥 |
[38:18] | and as soon as we put a plan together | 等我们制定好计划 |
[38:20] | we can give you a buzz? | 再给你打电话 |
[38:21] | Can I get a glass of water? | 我能喝杯水吗 |
[38:23] | Tap is fine, or you want bottled — | 自来水 还是瓶装的 |
[38:24] | I can get it. | 我自己来 |
[38:25] | We’ve got Ms. Hennessey’s car ready, ma’am. | 汉纳希女士的车准备好了 夫人 |
[38:28] | Edward? | 艾德华 |
[38:33] | Did she seem all right | 你去机场接她时 |
[38:33] | when you picked her up from the airport? | 她看起来还好吗 |
[38:35] | How do you mean? | 你的意思是 |
[38:36] | I don’t know. Normal. | 我不确定 正常吗 |
[38:37] | Yes. I’d say so. | 是的 可以这么说 |
[38:39] | She’s very up and down. | 她情绪起伏很大 |
[38:41] | Very skittish and manic. | 反复无常 容易激动 |
[38:43] | I guess she did seem nervous. | 她确实有点紧张 |
[38:44] | We didn’t talk much. | 我们没怎么交流 |
[38:48] | I’ll get her. | 我去看看她 |
[38:50] | I’ll be outside. | 我在外面等 |
[38:56] | Megan? | 梅根 |
[39:02] | I’ve got it. | 我自己来 |
[39:06] | Really. | 真的 |
[39:07] | I’m okay. | 我没事 |
[39:15] | The car is ready whenever you are. | 车在外面等着了 |
[39:21] | Thank you for everything. | 谢谢你 |
[39:22] | Have a safe flight. | 一路顺风 |
[39:23] | I’ll be in touch. | 保持联系 |
[40:11] | I just had a very productive interview with Ms. Dunbar. | 我与邓巴女士的谈话卓有成效 |
[40:14] | Send out the press release. | 发新闻稿 |
[40:16] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[40:31] | You okay, ma’am? | 你还好吗 夫人 |
[40:32] | Oh, I’m fine. I just dropped… | 我没事 我只是打碎了 |
[40:35] | Please, let me. | 请让我来 |
[40:36] | Oh, uh, it’s fine. I’m fine. | 没关系 我可以的 |
[40:37] | No, I’ve got it. You’re barefoot. | 不 我来 你光着脚 |
[40:39] | Edward, you don’t have to. Really. | 艾德华 你真的不需要这样 |
[40:41] | Oh, no. What happened? | 天 怎么了 |
[40:42] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[40:44] | Let me get some bandages. | 我去找绷带 |
[40:46] | You don’t have to. | 不用了 |
[40:47] | No, I want to. Stay here. | 我坚持 别动 |
[40:50] | The coverage has been mostly positive so far. | 目前的报导都是正面的 |
[40:52] | Dunbar’s office? | 邓巴那边呢 |
[40:54] | All they’ve said is they look forward to reviewing the logs. | 他们只说很期待对记录的审核 |
[40:57] | Any heat on Doug? | 有人提到道格吗 |
[40:59] | Some. | 有一些 |
[41:00] | I’m getting a lot of requests for comments. | 很多人要求我发表评论 |
[41:02] | I acted on my own. | 那是我的个人行动 |
[41:03] | And I will fully cooperate with the Justice Department. | 我会全力配合司法部 |
[41:06] | We can put that out? | 可以这么对外说吗 |
[41:08] | Sir? | 先生 |
[41:09] | It might generate more interest. | 这或许会吸引更多注意 |
[41:10] | On me. Not the vice president. | 注意我 而不是副总统 |
[41:14] | I can handle whatever comes my way. | 无论什么情况我都能处理好 |
[41:15] | Put it out. | 就这么说 |
[41:17] | I’ll print you out the most recent clips, too, sir. | 我去把最新的剪报都打出来 先生 |
[41:26] | Should I find a way to tip off Dunbar? | 要想办法对付邓巴吗 |
[41:28] | Let nature take its course. | 还是顺其自然吧 |
[41:30] | We got a hold of Remy. | 我们刚找到雷米 |
[41:31] | He just got back to town. | 他刚回来了 |
[41:32] | Where is he? | 他在哪 |
[41:33] | I’ve arranged everything with your detail. | 我跟你的安保队都安排好了 |
[41:37] | You’ve done good work, Doug. | 你做得很好 道格 |
[41:39] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 先生 |
[42:42] | There. That’s much better. | 好了 这样好多了 |
[42:46] | Thanks, ma’am. | 谢谢 夫人 |
[42:50] | I’m gonna get going. | 我得走了 |
[42:53] | I’m sorry I’m a little drunk. | 抱歉我有点喝醉了 |
[42:56] | It’s your house. | 这里是你家 |
[42:56] | You do whatever you want. | 你可以随心所欲 |
[43:00] | You should have a glass of wine. | 你也该喝一杯酒 |
[43:02] | I appreciate that, ma’am, but — | 谢谢你 夫人 但是… |
[43:03] | You’re off your shift, right? | 你已经下班了 对吗 |
[43:05] | I am. That’s true. | 是的 没错 |
[43:07] | Then I won’t take no for an answer. | 那就不许说不喝 |
[43:11] | Uh, you shouldn’t waste any of your good stuff on me. | 你不应该把好东西浪费在我身上 |
[43:15] | I don’t really know anything about wine. | 我其实根本不懂品酒 |
[43:18] | Then how about bourbon? | 那喝点波本威士忌怎么样 |
[43:19] | I bet you like a little of that. | 你肯定想喝一点 |
[43:22] | I definitely don’t mind a bourbon from time to time. | 我当然不介意能喝点波本威士忌 |
[43:25] | Then bourbon it is. | 那就喝波本威士忌 |
[43:43] | You’re a tough man to track down these days. | 你现在很难找啊 |
[43:47] | You got the watch. | 你拿到手表了 |
[43:49] | “To improve is to change.” | 变则善 |
[43:51] | “To perfect is to change often.” | 常变则至善 |
[43:54] | What sort of change are you looking for? | 那你想要什么样的变化呢 |
[43:56] | Whichever leaves me options. | 让我有选择余地的变化 |
[43:59] | Trouble at Glendon Hill? | 在格兰顿-希尔遇到麻烦了 |
[44:02] | Paid leave till the investigation is over. | 带薪休假 直到调查结束 |
[44:04] | Well, at least you’re being paid. | 至少是带薪的 |
[44:06] | First step in terminating my partnership. | 这是终止我合伙人身份的第一步 |
[44:09] | You know how things go. | 这种事你也懂 |
[44:11] | No matter what happens, | 无论发生什么 |
[44:12] | there’s a stain I can’t wash out. | 这都是我洗不掉的污点 |
[44:15] | So you’re looking for career opportunities. | 所以你在寻找就业机会 |
[44:18] | I’m not offering myself to you wholesale. | 我并不是要把自己整个卖给你 |
[44:21] | I keep fighting you, | 我会继续跟你斗 |
[44:22] | but I can fight you less. | 但是力度会小一点 |
[44:24] | And by “less” you mean… | 你说”小一点”的意思是… |
[44:26] | Enough to hurt, but not finish you. | 让你痛 但不会让你完蛋 |
[44:29] | And in return I have a future beyond Glendon Hill, | 作为回报 我在格兰顿-希尔之外也有前途 |
[44:32] | whatever that might look like. | 不管是什么样的前途 |
[44:33] | So you offer neutrality, | 那么你是要保持中立 |
[44:35] | but you’ll go with the victor. | 但最终会追随胜利者 |
[44:37] | I figure let the best man win. | 我想看着更厉害的人获胜 |
[44:39] | And if you go down, | 如果你失败了 |
[44:40] | it won’t be because of me. | 不会是因为我 |
[44:42] | That’s worth something. | 这已经挺够意思了 |
[44:46] | Where is this coming from? | 你这是为什么 |
[44:48] | Insurance. That’s all. | 保险 没别的 |
[44:52] | Does it have anything to do with Jackie? | 这跟杰姬有关吗 |
[45:00] | That’s over. | 已经结束了 |
[45:03] | I know you’ve got Birch in your pocket. | 我知道你已经收服了博奇 |
[45:05] | Womack’s not an option. | 你不会选择乌麦克 |
[45:06] | We’re too close. | 我们太亲密了 |
[45:08] | But Jacqueline… | 但是杰奎琳 |
[45:10] | This is about my future, pure and simple. | 这单纯是关于我的前途 |
[45:12] | She’s not a part of it. | 跟她没关系 |
[45:15] | Keep the watch, as a token of good faith. | 留着这块表吧 就当做诚意的象征 |
[45:28] | He might deny it, but he’s protecting her. | 他虽然否认 但他在保护她 |
[45:31] | What he doesn’t realize is | 他没有意识到的是 |
[45:32] | I have even less regard for Jackie than Raymond does. | 我比雷蒙德更不在乎杰姬 |
[45:37] | Poor Remy. | 可怜的雷米 |
[45:38] | The heart can choke the mind | 感情用事 |
[45:40] | when all its blood flows back unto itself. | 理智就会受到影响 |
[46:38] | He said, “I don’t like brunettes.” | 他说”我不喜欢深色头发的女孩” |
[46:49] | Looks like I almost missed the party. | 看来我差点错过了派对 |
[46:52] | I’m off the clock, sir. | 我已经下班了 先生 |
[46:53] | Oh, relax. Francis, I broke a glass, | 别紧张 弗兰西斯 我打破了一个杯子 |
[46:56] | and Edward cut his hand on a piece of it. | 艾德华被一块碎片割伤了手 |
[46:59] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[47:01] | I have to change that. | 我得给你换绷带了 |
[47:02] | Take that off, and I’ll get fresh… | 把那个解下来 我去拿新的… |
[47:10] | I hope you don’t mind, sir. | 我希望您不要介意 先生 |
[47:11] | I was off-duty — | 我下了班… |
[47:14] | Is she, uh… | 她有没有 |
[47:16] | Drunk? A little. | 喝醉了吗 有一点 |
[47:21] | How many of these have you had? | 你喝了多少这东西 |
[47:23] | A few. | 喝了一点 |
[47:26] | More than a few. | 不止一点吧 |
[47:32] | May I? | 我可以用你的杯子吗 |
[47:34] | Please. | 用吧 |
[47:42] | Let me see. | 让我看看 |
[47:44] | Oh, it’s not too bad. | 情况还行 |
[47:50] | There’s a lot of blood. | 流了很多血 |
[47:51] | Looks worse than it is. | 没有看上去那么糟 |
[47:58] | Is it painful? | 痛吗 |
[48:00] | The bourbon helps. | 喝了酒不那么痛了 |
[48:04] | Now you let me know if this hurts. | 如果痛你就说 |
[48:11] | Not one bit, sir. | 一点都不痛 先生 |
[50:52] | How’s your head? | 你头痛吗 |
[50:54] | Fine. | 没事 |
[50:55] | Took a few aspirin before I went to sleep. | 睡前吃了几片阿司匹林 |
[50:59] | You? | 你呢 |
[51:02] | I slept like a baby. | 我睡得可香了 |
[51:04] | Good. You needed that. | 很好 你需要好好睡一觉 |
[51:24] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[51:24] | Something weird. | 很奇怪 |
[51:25] | This one address keeps popping up. | 有个地址老是出现 |
[51:27] | Underwood? | 安德伍德吗 |
[51:28] | The president. | 总统 |
[51:44] | Morning, Meechum. | 早上好 密查姆 |
[51:45] | Morning, Mr. Vice President. | 早上好 副总统先生 |
[51:49] | It’s a beautiful day. | 真是美好的一天 |
[52:03] | 当美国政府爆出丑闻 需要进行彻底调查时 为了避免司法部的调查偏向现政府 国会会要求司法部任命特别检查官 进行全权独立的调查 特别检察官的人选必须是不担任政府公职的人员 美国历史上最著名的特别检查官 当属哈佛大学法学教授阿奇伯德·考克斯 1973年5月 考克斯被任命为负责调查水门事件的特别检察官 在调查过程中发现总统尼克松有违法嫌疑 尼克松遂命令司法部长解除考克斯的职务 但是当时连续两名司法部长都拒绝了总统的要求 并辞职抗议 考克斯最终还是被尼克松政府解职 但是他仍然被认为在水门事件中发挥了非常重要的影响 | |
[52:38] | 克林顿担任总统期间 在白水事件和莱温斯基丑闻爆发后 肯·斯塔尔被任命为特别检察官 调查克林顿一系列的丑闻 在他的努力下 国会启动了对克林顿的弹劾程序 但是最终因为没有获得足够票数 弹劾没有成功 斯塔尔在克林顿丑闻期间也成为全美知名的政治人物 | |
[52:58] | 美国法律规定 只有公民才能在政治活动或选举中进行捐赠 持有绿卡者也可以参加政治选举活动进行助选 但除此之外 外国公民 包括在美国持有合法签证者 都不能进行政治捐赠 最高法院对超级政治行动委员会做出裁定后 由于一些对超级政治行动委员会的捐款难以确定来源 一些政治组织也不对外公布捐助者的身份 所以在2012年美国总统大选中 很多媒体质疑 会不会有外国政治献金通过超级政治行动委员会 对特定候选人进行捐款 但是目前看 在大型的选举中 尚没有发现有确定的大额外国捐款者 本剧中的情节在现实中出现的可能性不大 2012年1月 美国最高法院在一项判决中 重新确认了不允许外国资金资助选举的禁令 |