时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:38] | “Title One of the Stafford Act: | 《斯塔福德法案》第一条 |
[01:40] | ‘Emergency’ means any occasion or instance for which, | “紧急情况”是指由总统指定的 |
[01:44] | in the determination of the president…” | 场合或情形… |
[01:46] | “Determined” by the president. | 指定权在总统 |
[01:48] | – Any instance? – As long as we can make the argument | -有先例吗 -只要我们能说明这些措施 |
[01:51] | that this saves lives and protects health and safety. | 能拯救生命 保护人民安康就行 |
[01:53] | Well, unemployment leads to crime, | 失业导致犯罪 |
[01:55] | to malnutrition, to improper medical care. | 营养不良 以及恶劣的医疗服务 |
[01:58] | There’s no doubt it’ll be challenged in the courts. | 这种说法肯定会在法庭上遭到攻击的 |
[02:00] | Well, even so, by the time that happens, | 就算最终闹上了法庭 |
[02:02] | people will see what America Works looks like. | 那时人们也会见识到《美国就业法案》了 |
[02:05] | Tell me, in your legal opinion… | 告诉我 从法律的角度说 |
[02:09] | is there enough leeway here? | 你们觉得有足够的回旋余地吗 |
[02:11] | Yes, the language is sufficiently vague. | 有的 法案用词足够模糊 |
[02:13] | But just to be clear, this is completely unorthodox. | 不过得说清楚 这么做实在是前所未有 |
[02:16] | No president has ever tried to reappropriate funds this way. | 从没有哪个总统试过这么筹集资金 |
[02:19] | Thank you, gentlemen, that’s all I need. | 谢谢各位 有这话就够了 |
[02:23] | The states won’t go for this. Too radical. | 各州不会支持的 太激进了 |
[02:26] | And if I call just one governor | 哪怕有一个我联系的州长 |
[02:28] | who says no and leaks it to the press, | 拒绝了我然后向媒体泄露了风声 |
[02:30] | Congress will be on my ass before I get this out of the gates. | 还没等我正式提出 就会被国会穷追猛打 |
[02:34] | But, the District of Columbia… | 但是 哥伦比亚特区 |
[02:36] | – No governor. – Just you, the mayor. | -没有州长 -只有你 一个市长 |
[02:40] | Now, Barney, I know this puts you out on a ledge. | 巴尼 我知道这会让你冒很大风险 |
[02:42] | I love it. I love everything about it. | 我喜欢 每个条款我都支持 |
[02:46] | We have to fight Congress for every dollar in our budget, each year. | 我们年年都要为预算的每一分钱跟国会争 |
[02:51] | If my people see me take the money they won’t give us… | 如果选民看到我从他们嘴里抠出钱来 |
[02:55] | well, I just won reelection. | 我就能赢得连任 |
[02:57] | This is why you put a brawler like Barney Hull in office, | 这就是让巴尼·豪尔这样的强人当选的原因 |
[02:59] | aside from paying a debt. | 不只是还他人情 |
[03:01] | Add up 50 governors and 535 members of Congress, | 把全美50位州长和535位国会议员加起来 |
[03:05] | you don’t come close to the gumption of one bold mayor. | 也赶不上一位有进取心的大胆市长 |
[03:09] | I want people registering for jobs in every part of the city | 我希望全城各处的人都去注册找工作 |
[03:12] | as soon as possible, before the court challenges bubble up. | 越快越好 趁法院还没发难 |
[03:14] | What about one big tent right in front of the Capitol? | 在国会门口支个大帐篷怎么样 |
[03:18] | Make Congress see the people | 让国会看看民众 |
[03:19] | line up all the way back to the Lincoln Memorial. | 排队找工作排到林肯纪念堂的场面 |
[03:21] | Can we do something by July Fourth? | 能在国庆日出手吗 |
[03:23] | You bring the fireworks, I’ll bring the people. | 你只管放烟花 我找人来捧场 |
[03:31] | Good morning. Please, sit. | 早上好 请坐 |
[03:34] | I know Remy has just briefed you all, | 我知道雷米已经向各位介绍过情况了 |
[03:36] | so, aside from the Secretary of Homeland Security, | 那么除了国土安全部部长 |
[03:38] | who is no longer with us, does anyone else object to this plan? | 已经离职之外 还有谁持反对意见吗 |
[03:43] | Good. Until a new secretary is confirmed, | 很好 在新国安部长上任之前 |
[03:45] | FEMA will report directly to me. Thank you all very much. | 联邦应急管理署将直接对我负责 谢谢各位 |
[04:04] | 联邦应急管理署署长 阿诺德·希尔瓦 | |
[04:05] | Unemployment doesn’t | 失业不能 |
[04:06] | constitute a natural disaster, Mr. President. | 算作是自然灾害 总统先生 |
[04:09] | The Stafford Act gives me full authority | 《斯塔福德法案》授权我 |
[04:11] | to define an emergency. | 定义紧急状况 |
[04:13] | But, sir, we’ve only got about three billion left | 但是 先生 我们的赈灾基金 |
[04:15] | in the Disaster Relief Fund, | 只剩下30亿不到了 |
[04:17] | and we’re about to go into hurricane season. | 而飓风季眼看就要来了 |
[04:18] | So we use the three billion that’s there, | 我们先用这现成的30亿 |
[04:20] | and if a hurricane hits, | 万一飓风来袭了 |
[04:21] | Congress replenishes the funds, just as they always do. | 国会定会拨款补充赈灾基金 他们一向如此 |
[04:25] | When it comes to a disaster, every hour counts, sir. | 灾害发生后 每分每秒都极其珍贵 先生 |
[04:28] | If we’re waiting around for Congress– | 如果还得等国会那边 |
[04:30] | Mr. Silva, this is moving forward. | 希尔瓦先生 这事就这么定了 |
[04:34] | People could die, Mr. President. | 平民会死伤惨重的 总统先生 |
[04:35] | People are dying because they don’t have jobs. | 平民要是没工作 也会活不成的 |
[04:38] | Slower than a flood or an earthquake, but dying just the same. | 虽然比死于地震洪水慢 但一样是死 |
[04:41] | You can’t compare unemployment to a cat four hurricane. | 您怎么能拿失业和4级飓风相提并论 |
[04:45] | I came to your office | 我来你办公室找你 |
[04:46] | because I want this to remain your office. | 是希望你能继续坐在这个位子上 |
[04:48] | There’s a reason three presidents have kept you here. | 连续三任总统都让你留任不是平白无故 |
[04:51] | You’re dedicated, you’re relentless, | 你专心致志 坚持不懈 |
[04:53] | you’re exceptionally competent. | 而且工作能力极为优秀 |
[04:55] | If we have to stretch dollars even further, | 如果我们需要精打细算 |
[04:57] | you’re the man to do it. | 找你准没错 |
[04:58] | It’s either you or someone far less experienced. | 如果你走人了 就得找个没经验的了 |
[05:03] | The two of you head to Iowa at the end of the week. | 两位周末就要去爱荷华了 |
[05:05] | That’s right. Eighteen counties this trip. | 是的 这一趟要去18个郡拉票 |
[05:08] | By January, I plan on hitting all 99. | 希望一月之前能走遍全州99个郡 |
[05:12] | John will join me at every event until his husband is released. | 约翰会和我一起出席活动 直到他丈夫获释 |
[05:16] | Have you had any contact with Michael since his arrest? | 自从迈克尔被捕后你和他联系过吗 |
[05:18] | 迈克尔·帕斯特纳克 同性恋权利活动家迈克尔·科里根的丈夫 | |
[05:18] | The Russian government has refused. | 俄罗斯政府拒绝了 |
[05:21] | They won’t let him speak to a lawyer. | 他们甚至不让他见律师 |
[05:22] | That’s why it’s important John join me. | 所以约翰和我站在一起意义重大 |
[05:24] | We need to keep the pressure up on Moscow. | 我们必须对莫斯科持续施压 |
[05:27] | You know, gay rights is controversial | 在全国许多地方 同性恋权益 |
[05:29] | in many parts of the country. | 都是极具争议性的话题 |
[05:30] | Do you think that appearing with Corrigan’s husband | 您不担心和科里根的丈夫站在一起 |
[05:32] | could possibly hurt you? | 会对您的选情不利吗 |
[05:33] | I think the American people want a candidate who doesn’t dodge, | 我认为美国人民想要一位不逃避问题的候选人 |
[05:37] | who is truthful about where she stands. | 会诚实表达自己的立场 |
[05:40] | Not someone who shies away from controversy. | 而不是回避争议 |
[05:42] | It’s one thing to shy away from controversy. | 回避争论是一回事 |
[05:44] | It’s another thing to court it. | 引发争论是另一回事 |
[05:46] | Well, Michael was arrested for speaking his mind. | 迈克尔因为直抒己见被捕 |
[05:49] | If defending free speech is controversial, then… | 如果捍卫言论自由有争议 那么… |
[05:53] | we’re no better than Russia. | 我们不比俄罗斯好多少 |
[05:54] | I wish that there were | 真希望我们的政府里 |
[05:55] | more people in our government defending it. | 有更多人去捍卫言论自由 |
[05:57] | Are you talking specifically about the Underwood Administration? | 你指的是安德伍德政府吗 |
[06:00] | I think the president could do more. | 我认为总统可以采取更多措施 |
[06:03] | You know, the White House has said hat they’ve been speaking | 白宫表示他们已经直接与 |
[06:05] | directly with the Kremlin, that they, and I quote here: | 克里姆林宫方面沟通 他们原话是 |
[06:08] | “Have to tackle this issue as it relates to the larger | “必须解决这一问题 因为这关系到 |
[06:11] | diplomatic relationship between the two nations.” | 两国之间更重要的外交关系” |
[06:14] | Then why haven’t we seen any evidence of those talks? | 那我们为什么还没看到这些对话的证据呢 |
[06:18] | When I’m president, the American people can rest assured | 我当选总统后 美国人民可以放心 |
[06:21] | that I will take my oath | 我会认真履行 |
[06:23] | to defend and protect our citizens seriously. | 捍卫和保护我们人民的誓言 |
[06:28] | – What do you think of her? – What, Dunbar? | -你觉得她怎么样 -什么 邓巴吗 |
[06:31] | Yeah. | 对 |
[06:31] | I believe that the administration could do better… | 我认为这届政府做得还不够好 |
[06:34] | – You worked for Underwood. – Not anymore. | -你为安德伍德工作过 -现在不了 |
[06:39] | I won’t be offended. | 我不会生气的 |
[06:44] | Uh, I like a lot about what she has to say. | 我很喜欢她说的这些 |
[06:50] | Would you vote for her? | 你会投票给她吗 |
[06:53] | I don’t know. I might. | 不知道 可能吧 |
[06:55] | Yeah. Probably would. | 是啊 很可能会 |
[06:59] | – How soon? – Tomorrow. | -多快 -明天 |
[07:02] | We’re gonna get hit hard on this. | 我们会在这事上遭强烈抨击 |
[07:03] | Better than getting hit on Corrigan. | 总好过因为科里根的事被抨击 |
[07:05] | You saw Vieira? | 你看《维埃拉秀》了吗 |
[07:07] | Dunbar’s smart. | 邓巴很聪明 |
[07:07] | She’s running against us before we’re even running. | 我们还没参选她就开始打压我们 |
[07:09] | She’ll attack us on the FEMA thing, too. | 她也会在联邦应急管理署这事上攻击我们 |
[07:11] | Then let her. At least we’re controlling the narrative. | 那就让她攻击 至少是我们控制舆论 |
[07:14] | When we first spoke, you mentioned early fall. | 我们第一次谈时 你说初秋 |
[07:16] | Look, Dunbar’s got momentum because no one’s challenging her. | 听着 邓巴势头强盛是因为没人挑战她 |
[07:19] | But once we drop the FEMA plan, | 但我们一宣布联邦应急管理署的计划 |
[07:20] | that’ll take her off message. | 就会盖过她的报道 |
[07:22] | And your candidacy will distract her. It’s a one-two punch. | 然后你宣布参选就会分散她的注意 连环出击 |
[07:24] | We’ll start bleeding away the woman’s vote. | 我们会开始抢走女性选民的选票 |
[07:26] | I’m just not sure how smart it is to rush into a campaign | 我不确定现在几乎毫无准备 |
[07:28] | – with so little preparation. – This isn’t a real campaign. | -就宣布参选是否有利 -又不是真的参选 |
[07:30] | But it needs to look like one. | 但要看起来像真格的 |
[07:33] | I thought you wanted to be on my ticket. | 我以为你想跟我一队呢 |
[07:36] | It’s my reputation at stake. | 我要赌上声誉 |
[07:38] | – I don’t want to look foolhardy. – Look, no one– | -我不想看起来有勇无谋 -听着 没人… |
[07:40] | Mayor’s announcing in the morning. | 市长明早将会宣布 |
[07:41] | Seth’s working with his office. | 赛斯在跟他办公室合作 |
[07:43] | You see, Jackie, this is perfect timing. | 你看 杰姬 现在是最佳时机 |
[07:45] | The FEMA plan goes into action, | 联邦应急管理署计划开始实施 |
[07:47] | you announce in a couple of weeks, you say you had to run. | 你几周后宣布参选 说你必须参选 |
[07:50] | President Underwood is being reckless with FEMA. | 安德伍德总统在联邦应急管理署恣意妄为 |
[07:53] | You come out against me | 你出面反对我 |
[07:54] | and America Works and you steal Dunbar’s thunder. | 和《美国就业法案》 然后抢了邓巴的风头 |
[07:56] | And then I flip-flop | 之后等到我退出 |
[07:58] | when I pull out and you put me on the ticket? | 与你一同参选 不是态度大转弯吗 |
[08:00] | By then, 50,000 people will have jobs, | 到那时候 五万人将拥有工作 |
[08:03] | and it won’t look like a flip-flop. | 那就不像是态度大转弯了 |
[08:04] | It’ll look like you saw the light. | 而是你豁然开朗 |
[08:07] | Now, look, why don’t you go off with Remy | 听着 你跟雷米一起出去 |
[08:08] | and you discuss the details, | 讨论一下细节 |
[08:10] | and just give it some thought before you decide. | 多考虑考虑再做决定 |
[08:14] | – Thank you, Mr. President. – Let’s talk in my office. | -谢谢 总统先生 -来我办公室谈吧 |
[08:18] | My biggest concern is funding. | 我最大的担心是资金 |
[08:20] | I couldn’t fly coach to Iowa. | 我总不能坐普通舱去爱荷华 |
[08:22] | I’ll get you some PAC money rolling your way. | 我给你找一笔政治行动委员会资金来铺路 |
[08:23] | Should be enough to get you started. | 应该足以让你启动宣传了 |
[08:27] | If I run, it shouldn’t be half-ass. | 如果我参选 就不能虎头蛇尾 |
[08:30] | Which is why we should talk about this. | 所以我们得好好谈谈这个 |
[08:38] | You want a candidate with a family. | 你想要有完整家庭的候选人 |
[08:41] | We are after the woman’s vote. | 我们要抢的就是女性选民的选票 |
[08:45] | Alan and I have already talked about it. | 艾伦和我已经讨论过了 |
[08:48] | You have? | 是吗 |
[08:51] | Yeah. We joked about getting married on our first date. | 对 我们第一次约会时就开过结婚的玩笑 |
[08:55] | I get two kids without the stretch marks. | 我不用生产就能有两个孩子 |
[09:01] | And when I mentioned I might run, it stopped becoming a joke. | 当我提到可能参选时 这就不再是玩笑话了 |
[09:06] | Is Alan open to it? | 艾伦能接受吗 |
[09:08] | – It was his idea. – And what about you? | -本就是他的主意 -那你呢 |
[09:12] | We do love each other. | 我们深爱彼此 |
[09:14] | He seems like a good guy. | 他看上去是个好人 |
[09:15] | He is. And his children are wonderful. | 是的 他的孩子也很棒 |
[09:20] | You should think about getting hitched. | 你也应该考虑结婚 |
[09:26] | Should we talk timeline? | 我们要谈谈时间表吗 |
[09:28] | – For marriage? – The campaign. | -结婚的吗 -竞选 |
[09:43] | This is far from an offer. This is a conversation. | 这可不是提议 这是会谈 |
[09:46] | And it’s a conversation that never happened. | 而且是个从没发生过的会谈 |
[09:49] | I took the back door in, I’ll take the back door out. | 我从后门进来 待会儿还从后门离开 |
[09:51] | We keep you off the payroll this quarter. | 本季度工资单上没有你 |
[09:52] | You start officially September 30th. | 你9月30日正式开始任职 |
[09:55] | Next quarter’s FEC filings. It’s fine. | 下个季度的选举委员会文件才会有我 可以 |
[09:59] | What are you thinking in terms of salary? | 关于工资你有什么想法 |
[10:01] | Twenty-two thousand per quarter. | 每季度2.2万 |
[10:03] | That’s way below what I’m worth. Even in this state. | 就算我这样 也不只值这个价 |
[10:06] | What do you think’s appropriate? | 你觉得多少合适 |
[10:08] | Two-fifty and three points on the ad-buy. | 25万加上3%的广告投入 |
[10:10] | – That’s beyond our means. – No, it’s not. | -我们负担不起 -不 你们担得起 |
[10:13] | It’s a drop in the bucket from your estate. | 这只是你财产的九牛一毛 |
[10:15] | You said you wanted in because you believed in this campaign. | 你说你想参加是因为你对这次竞选有信心 |
[10:19] | – That’s right. – Sounds like it’s more about money. | -没错 -现在看来你是为了钱 |
[10:21] | It’s about being valued. Two-fifty and the points is a bargain. | 我希望被重视 25万和少量广告投入并不多 |
[10:26] | I want to work for you, just not as a beggar. | 我想为你工作 而不是向你乞讨 |
[10:29] | We don’t trust you yet, Doug. | 我们还不信任你 道格 |
[10:31] | We don’t even halfway trust you, so you are a beggar. | 可以说根本不信任你 所以你就是在乞讨 |
[10:34] | And you shouldn’t trust me… until I prove myself. | 我还没证明自己 你也不应该信任我 |
[10:39] | That’s a gamble you don’t get to take | 你不拿出筹码 |
[10:40] | without putting chips on the table. | 就不能冒这个险 |
[10:44] | Cynthia and I will discuss. | 我和会辛西娅谈的 |
[10:50] | Thank you for your time. | 感谢你抽空 |
[10:57] | Let me check first. | 我先看下外面 |
[11:01] | Okay, it’s clear. | 好了 安全 |
[11:07] | – What do you think? – Why take the gamble? | -你怎么看 -为什么要冒险 |
[11:10] | I don’t want us to start making decisions | 我不想一开始决策 |
[11:11] | from a position of weakness. That is how you lose. | 就处于劣势 只会吃亏 |
[11:14] | I think we’re inviting the fox into the hen house. | 我觉得这是引狼入室 |
[11:16] | Anyone who wants to be a mole | 要是间谍会 |
[11:18] | accepts the first offer without question. | 毫不犹豫地接受条件 |
[11:19] | He’s negotiating. | 他却讨价还价 |
[11:21] | So you actually believe him? | 所以你相信他了 |
[11:25] | Not necessarily. | 半信半疑 |
[11:29] | But that doesn’t mean that he doesn’t have value. | 但这不代表他没有价值 |
[11:34] | Yeah, we’re not gonna need any of these. | 这些我们不需要了 |
[11:35] | We’re gonna keep these right here. | 全都放在这里 |
[11:38] | Kate Baldwin, the one and only. | 凯特·鲍德温 久仰久仰 |
[11:40] | I thought I heard somebody in here. | 我就说听到这里有人 |
[11:42] | Welcome to the White House. Or welcome back, I should say. | 欢迎来白宫 或者应该说欢迎回白宫 |
[11:45] | It feels smaller than I remember. | 这里比我记忆中小 |
[11:47] | – Where do they have you sitting? – Right there, second row. | -他们安排你坐哪里 -这里 第二排 |
[11:51] | I would’ve thought you wanted first row. | 我以为你会想要第一排 |
[11:53] | I heard you spit when you talk. | 我听说你说话会飞吐沫 |
[11:55] | What’s the president speaking about tomorrow? | 明天总统会讲什么 |
[11:57] | – You don’t waste a minute, do you? – No. | -你真是不浪费一分一秒 -没错 |
[11:59] | I gotta say, I was surprised | 实不相瞒 我很惊讶 |
[12:01] | that the Telegraph sent you to cover the White House. | 《电讯报》会派你来采访白宫 |
[12:03] | I mean, who leaves the London bureau? | 谁会离开伦敦分社啊 |
[12:04] | Ayla was a protégée of mine. | 艾拉是我的爱徒 |
[12:06] | I see, so now they bring in the big guns. | 明白了 他们把老师父都请来了 |
[12:09] | Just one gun, but big enough. | 就一位师父 资历也够老 |
[12:11] | – Don’t get any ideas. – About what? | -别打我的主意 -什么主意 |
[12:14] | This is gonna stay around my neck. | 这个记者证我不会摘的 |
[12:16] | You can’t boot two reporters in a row from the Telegraph. | 你不能连续解雇两个《电讯报》的记者 |
[12:18] | – Certainly not two women. – I have no desire to do that. | -更不能是两个女记者 -我没这个意思 |
[12:22] | It’s an honor to work with you. | 跟你合作 我很荣幸 |
[12:23] | Pulitzer, Peabody. | 普利策奖 皮博迪奖 |
[12:25] | Get yourself a Nobel, you’ll have a trifecta. | 再拿个诺贝尔奖 就是三料冠军了 |
[12:27] | Oh, you’re almost charming. | 你可真会说话 |
[12:28] | Kate, I’m not your enemy here. | 凯特 我不是你的敌人 |
[12:30] | You punished Ayla for doing good work. | 艾拉没做错 你却惩罚她 |
[12:33] | She hit hard and you hit back. Fair enough. | 她发力 你反击 很公平 |
[12:35] | Well, I’m gonna hit twice as hard as she ever did | 我会加倍发力 |
[12:37] | because I can and because someone should. | 因为我可以 也应该这么做 |
[12:40] | I look forward to it. | 放马过来吧 |
[12:44] | You’re such a terrible liar. I’ll see you bright and early. | 你真不会说谎 我们明早见 |
[12:49] | You got a minute? | 有时间吗 |
[12:52] | Sure. | 有 |
[12:56] | Here’s the draft for the statement tomorrow. | 这是明天声明的草稿 |
[12:59] | I want it to be perfect. | 想让你斧正一下 |
[13:01] | Congress will fire back, all guns blazing, | 国会肯定会火力全开 回击我们 |
[13:03] | and I’m sure Dunbar will make a meal and a half out of it. | 邓巴也肯定会大作文章 |
[13:06] | But I gotta say, I feel good. To be on the offensive. | 但我觉得准备进攻的感觉很好 |
[13:10] | If I can’t scrape the money together behind the scenes, | 如果不能私下东拼西凑出这些钱来 |
[13:12] | I’ll rob the bank in broad goddamn daylight. | 我就光天化日之下抢银行 |
[13:15] | We’ll cram America Works down their throats and watch them choke. | 我们要强行逼迫他们通过《美国就业法案》 |
[13:19] | Enough tiptoeing. | 不再谨小慎微 |
[13:22] | Here. | 给 |
[13:31] | Oh, these changes are good. | 这些改动很棒 |
[13:34] | It makes me happy to see you excited. | 看你这么兴奋 我也很高兴 |
[13:37] | I feel free again. | 我又能松口气了 |
[13:40] | – I wish I felt the same. – The resolution? | -真希望我也能 -还在忙决议案吗 |
[13:43] | Just some last minute hand-holding, but… | 还有些最后的安抚工作 但… |
[13:45] | I think we’ll get there. | 我相信我们会成功的 |
[13:47] | I have complete confidence in you. | 我完全相信你 |
[13:54] | – Do you like this room? – It’s fine. | -你喜欢这个房间吗 -还不错 |
[13:57] | You know, I haven’t spent the night here yet. | 我还没在这儿过过夜呢 |
[14:01] | – Maybe I could– – My plane leaves at seven. | -也许我可以… -我明早七点飞机 |
[14:04] | I should probably get some sleep. | 我得睡一会儿 |
[14:08] | You watch the news tomorrow. Should be fun. | 明天记得看新闻 会很有意思的 |
[14:11] | – I will. – Good night. | -我会的 -晚安 |
[15:10] | Seventeen years, I served the Metro Police. | 17年 我在警局工作17年 |
[15:14] | I’ve seen robberies and murders. | 我见过杀人抢劫 |
[15:16] | I’ve seen the blight of drugs. | 见过毒品的瘟疫 |
[15:18] | I’ve seen little kids | 我见过小孩子 |
[15:20] | whose only meal each day was the one they get at school. | 每天只能吃到从学校领到的那一顿饭 |
[15:24] | You know what’s at the root of all that? | 知道这些事的根源是什么吗 |
[15:26] | Folks don’t have jobs! | 因为人们没有工作 |
[15:29] | There are 60,000 unemployed people in Washington. | 华盛顿有六万失业人口 |
[15:33] | It’s a disaster. | 这是场灾难 |
[15:35] | And it’s a disgrace here in the nation’s capital. | 更丢脸的是 这是国家的首都 |
[15:38] | So this morning, at the president’s urging, | 所以今早 在总统的敦促下 |
[15:40] | I am declaring a state of emergency in the District of Columbia. | 我宣布哥伦比亚特区进入紧急状态 |
[15:46] | And I am formally requesting three billion dollars | 并正式申请从联邦应急管理署赈灾基金 |
[15:49] | from FEMA’s Disaster Relief Fund to put people back to work. | 拨款30亿 用以安排人们重回岗位 |
[15:54] | Motherfucker. | 混帐东西 |
[15:58] | Anyone, and I mean anyone, | 任何人 真的是任何人 |
[16:00] | who registers for work in the District of Columbia | 只要在哥伦比亚特区注册求职 |
[16:03] | will be guaranteed a job. | 就保证可以得到工作 |
[16:06] | I’m working with my cabinet to increase | 我在跟内阁努力增加 |
[16:07] | workforce devoted to infrastructure, maintenance and repair. | 基础设施建设 保养和修理方面的岗位 |
[16:11] | The Defense Department | 国防部 |
[16:12] | will ramp up recruitment and civilian employment. | 会增加探员招募和文职人员招聘 |
[16:15] | And any private sector companies who hire AmWorks registrants | 任何雇佣《美就法》注册人员的私营企业 |
[16:19] | will get up to $45,000 toward the yearly salary | 将得到每个岗位每年最高 |
[16:23] | of each job that they create. | 4.5万美元的薪水补贴 |
[16:25] | Our goal is full employment within twelve months. | 我们的目标是12个月内全员就业 |
[16:28] | Our hope is that success in Washington | 我们希望华盛顿的成功 |
[16:31] | will convince Congress to fund America Works nationwide. | 能说服国会在全国供资支持《美国就业法案》 |
[16:35] | Now, I’ll take a few questions. | 现在 我会回答几个问题 |
[16:37] | Mr. President! | 总统先生 |
[16:46] | Madam Ambassador. A com.funword.word, please. | 大使女士 借一步说话 |
[16:49] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[16:54] | We are withdrawing support of the peacekeeping resolution. | 我们要收回对维和决议案的支持 |
[16:58] | – Why? – Because Israel is. | -为什么 -因为以色列要收回 |
[17:00] | Palestine is open to the plan, but without consensus… | 巴勒斯坦愿意接受计划 但不达成共识… |
[17:05] | This came directly from Jerusalem? | 这是直接来自耶路撒冷的意思吗 |
[17:07] | – Yes, the foreign minister. – Nothing came from Eliana? | -是的 外交部长 -伊莉安娜说什么了吗 |
[17:10] | No, but I came to speak to her. | 没有 但我是来找她谈的 |
[17:15] | I’ll speak to her myself. Thank you, Hasan. | 我会亲自跟她谈 谢谢你 哈桑 |
[17:16] | Thank you, Ambassador. | 谢谢你 大使 |
[17:30] | Moscow is threatening to sell arms to Iran. | 莫斯科威胁说要卖武器给伊朗 |
[17:33] | They always make that threat. | 他们时常这么威胁 |
[17:34] | The feeling in Jerusalem is that this resolution | 耶路撒冷方面认为这个决议案 |
[17:36] | may push them over the edge. It’s not worth the risk. | 也许会逼他们铤而走险 不值得冒险 |
[17:38] | Why didn’t you come to me? The vote’s in two hours. | 你为什么不来找我 还有两小时就要投票了 |
[17:41] | I got the call 30 minutes ago. | 我30分钟前刚接到电话 |
[17:43] | Russia doesn’t want to be humiliated | 俄罗斯不想丢面子 |
[17:44] | because we did this without them. | 因为我们绕过了他们 |
[17:46] | You know it’s a bluff on their part. | 你知道他们就是虚张声势 |
[17:48] | The prime minister feels that this vote is just symbolic. | 总理认为这次投票只是象征性的 |
[17:51] | That the US won’t actually contribute troops. | 美国不会真的出动军队 |
[17:53] | No, we will absolutely follow through once it’s passed. | 不 一旦通过 我们绝对会坚持到底 |
[17:57] | The prime minister has his doubts. | 总理有疑虑 |
[18:00] | I’m sorry, it’s out of my hands. | 抱歉 这不是我能控制的 |
[18:04] | Claire? | 克莱尔 |
[18:06] | Ambassadors, I need you to withdraw the resolution. | 各位大使 我需要你们撤回决议案 |
[18:09] | We lost consensus. | 我们不能达成共识 |
[18:10] | I need to postpone the vote until we get it back. | 我需要推迟投票 直到我们重新达成共识 |
[18:16] | Secretary Travers is a good example. | 特拉弗斯部长是个很好的例子 |
[18:19] | Homeland Security? | 国土安全部 |
[18:21] | – Former secretary, I should say. – He’s done? | -应该说是前部长 -他下台了吗 |
[18:24] | They haven’t announced, but Steve called me. | 还没宣布 但史蒂夫打电话给我了 |
[18:27] | Said he stood up to the president on this FEMA nonsense. | 说他在联邦应急管理署的事上反对总统 |
[18:30] | Homeland Security has jurisdiction over FEMA now. | 国土安全部对联邦应急管理署有管辖权 |
[18:33] | Right. | 没错 |
[18:34] | The president demanded his letter of resignation right then and there. | 总统当场要求他提交辞呈 |
[18:39] | – This is all off the record. – Yeah. | -这些都是非正式对话 -明白 |
[18:43] | – Paul’s got a big mouth. – So it’s true? | -保罗真是个大嘴巴 -所以是真的吗 |
[18:46] | – This is off the record? – Completely. | -这是非正式对话吗 -绝对是 |
[18:49] | Let me call you on my encrypted phone. | 我用加密电话给你打 |
[18:50] | My number is blocked, so– | 我的号码有屏蔽 所以… |
[18:52] | This is Homeland Security. I have your number. | 这里是国土安全部 我有你电话 |
[19:01] | Incoming call. Press the pickup bu– | 有电话呼入 按接听键… |
[19:04] | – Mr. Secretary. – It’s true. I resigned. | -部长先生 -是真的 我辞职了 |
[19:08] | Why are you still in the office? | 那你为什么还在办公室 |
[19:09] | Punching the clock until the White House wants to go public. | 点卯撞钟等白宫公布 |
[19:12] | Why wouldn’t you go public yourself, | 如果你反对那项政策 |
[19:13] | if you’re so against the policy? | 为什么不自己公布消息 |
[19:15] | I serve at the pleasure of the president. | 我是为总统服务的 |
[19:17] | I have Landry on background. | 兰德里已经提供了信息 |
[19:19] | I’m writing about the resignation. | 我要写关于辞职的报道 |
[19:21] | And I can’t stop you. But there won’t be a quote from me. | 我无法阻止你 但你不能引用我的话 |
[19:26] | Don’t let the administration off the hook. | 别让政府逃脱责任 |
[19:28] | This an opportunity to speak out. | 这是发表反对意见的机会 |
[19:31] | You don’t have the career I’ve had | 能做到我这一步 |
[19:32] | by criticizing your bosses publicly, | 不是靠公开批评上司 |
[19:35] | no matter how strongly you feel. | 不管你觉得自己多厉害 |
[19:38] | Talk to Arnie Silva, the FEMA Administrator. | 和联邦应急管理署的署长阿尼·希尔瓦谈谈 |
[19:40] | He’s more disgusted by all this than I am. | 他比我更反感这一切 |
[20:09] | People’s lives are in the balance. And he doesn’t care. | 事关人命 他却不管不顾 |
[20:16] | Our projections for the next 12 months. | 这是我们接下来12个月的预测 |
[20:20] | We’re in a La Niña phase, | 我们正处于拉尼娜时期 |
[20:21] | which means falling temperatures in the Pacific. | 也就是说太平洋温度下降 |
[20:24] | We expect at least two major landfalls this season. | 我们预计这一季至少要发生两次大型山体滑坡 |
[20:28] | Homes destroyed, billions in damage, | 家园被毁 损失数十亿 |
[20:29] | tens of thousands without power. | 成千上万人断电 |
[20:32] | And that’s just hurricanes. If we get a major earthquake, | 这还仅仅是飓风的危害 要是碰上大地震 |
[20:34] | or flood, or forest fire… | 或者洪水 再或森林火灾 |
[20:39] | It’s all in there. | 都在这里面了 |
[20:41] | Has he asked you to resign? | 他曾要求你辞职吗 |
[20:43] | He threatened it. | 他威胁过我 |
[20:45] | But I said I’d cooperate. | 但是我说我会配合 |
[20:47] | Why? | 为什么 |
[20:50] | Nobody has more experience. | 没人比我更有经验 |
[20:53] | I couldn’t forgive myself if I left. | 如果离开 我无法原谅自己 |
[20:55] | But you just said, if the Relief Fund is depleted, then– | 但是你刚才不是说 如果赈灾基金耗尽 |
[20:57] | People will suffer. | 那人们会受难 |
[21:01] | But on my watch, fewer will suffer. | 但在我的照管下 受难的人能少些 |
[21:05] | I need a quote, Mr. Silva. | 我需要引用你的话 希尔瓦先生 |
[21:08] | I can’t do that. | 我做不到 |
[21:10] | People could die, you have a responsibility. | 人命关天 你有责任 |
[21:12] | The president has built a culture of silence and fear. | 总统创建了一种噤声与恐惧交织的氛围 |
[21:16] | That can end with you. | 你可以结束它 |
[21:19] | That folder will speak louder than anything I could say. | 这个文件夹比任何话语都更有说服力 |
[21:23] | 联邦应急管理署遭劫 民众付出代价 | |
[21:28] | Two front page bylines on the same day for Ms. Baldwin? | 同一天头版两篇报道都出自鲍德温女士吗 |
[21:31] | You kicked out a pit bull and you let in a dragon. | 真是踢走只斗狗 放进条火龙来 |
[21:34] | I didn’t think the Telegraph would send someone like her. | 我没想到《电讯报》能再派一个她这样的 |
[21:36] | Well, maybe you just didn’t think. | 也许你是根本没考虑 |
[21:39] | You wanted me to implement discipline, sir. | 您让我管束他们 先生 |
[21:40] | To send a message. And so I did. | 传递讯息 我做了 |
[21:42] | Well, they’ve sent back an even stronger message, haven’t they? | 他们的回应更强烈 是不是 |
[21:45] | I take responsibility for that, sir, | 我对此负责 先生 |
[21:47] | and I will do my best to keep her in line. | 我会不遗余力让她听话的 |
[21:49] | Your best? | 不遗余力 |
[21:51] | It’s their top bureau chief. She’s untouchable. | 有他们总编辑保着 谁也碰不了她 |
[21:53] | I don’t want to pretend that I can control her 100 percent. | 我不想假装我能百分之百控制她 |
[21:57] | – Travers? – Denied speaking with her, | -特拉弗斯 -他否认曾与她谈话 |
[21:59] | but it must be him. | 但是肯定是他 |
[22:00] | I don’t think anybody else in the cabinet would. | 我想内阁中再没别人会了 |
[22:02] | Let’s confirm his resignation. | 我们确认他辞职一事 |
[22:03] | No point in keeping it a secret now. | 现在还保密没意义了 |
[22:05] | Tell Steve he can vacate his office. | 告诉史蒂夫他可以把办公室清空了 |
[22:07] | And what about Silva? | 那希尔瓦呢 |
[22:09] | The details on the disaster projections are very inside baseball. | 关于防灾预测的细节相当专业 |
[22:11] | We can’t fire him! If there’s a hurricane, | 我们不能炒了他 如果飓风来了 |
[22:14] | he’s the only guy that can keep a disaster from becoming a catastrophe. | 他是唯一能防止灾难变成浩劫的人 |
[22:17] | – And what’s Dunbar saying? – Nothing yet, publicly. | -邓巴说什么 -还没有公开表示 |
[22:20] | She’s probably letting this play out. | 她可能想让好戏演到终场 |
[22:21] | Letting me dig my own grave. | 让我自掘坟墓 |
[22:26] | We have to sell America Works. | 我们必须推销《美国就业法案》 |
[22:29] | It should sell itself once we get people employed. | 等人们有工作 就不需要别的吹捧了 |
[22:31] | Well, that’s the idea, but we don’t stop there. | 是要这效果 但我们不能止步于此 |
[22:33] | – Commercials and billboards? – On whose money? | -广告和公告牌 -用谁的钱 |
[22:37] | And even so, we need more than ad-buys. | 即使这样 广告也不够 |
[22:38] | We need… We need the philosophy behind it. | 我们需要…挖掘它背后的深意 |
[22:43] | We need something of substance. We need something… | 我们需要实质性的东西 我们需要… |
[22:57] | We need something that will capture the imagination. | 我们需要能启发想象力的东西 |
[23:03] | – Either of you play Monument Valley? – What’s that? | -你们玩《纪念碑谷》吗 -那是什么 |
[23:05] | – It’s a video game. – I don’t play them, sir. | -是一款游戏 -我不玩游戏 先生 |
[23:07] | I sold my Xbox on eBay. It was too addictive. | 我在易趣上把Xbox卖了 玩着太上瘾 |
[23:09] | No, it’s not a console game. | 不 不是主机游戏 |
[23:11] | You both read this | 你们读读这个 |
[23:12] | and then tell me that you wouldn’t want to play this. | 然后告诉我你不想玩这个 |
[23:18] | I’d say there’s nine consultants in the country | 我敢说全国只有九个顾问 |
[23:20] | who truly know foreign policy. | 真正懂得外交政策 |
[23:22] | Me, I’m number one. | 我是第一 |
[23:23] | Me in a coma is number two. | 失去意识的我是第二 |
[23:26] | But that still leaves seven who are cheaper. | 但是还剩下七个逊于我的呢 |
[23:28] | I value good counsel, | 我重视良言 |
[23:29] | and I’m smart enough to know what I don’t know. | 我也有足够脑子知道自己的欠缺 |
[23:32] | What would be your assessment of us so far? | 截至目前你对我们的评价如何 |
[23:34] | You’re making a big stink out of this Michael Corrigan thing, | 迈克尔·科里根的事你处理得一团糟 |
[23:36] | but that’s just surface. | 但这还只是表面上的 |
[23:37] | You have to understand why Corrigan got arrested. | 你得明白科里根为何被捕 |
[23:40] | Petrov’s appealing to his traditional base. | 佩特罗夫想迎合传统观念人群 |
[23:42] | No. This is about the Jordan Valley. | 不 这与约旦河谷有关 |
[23:45] | I don’t follow. | 我不太明白 |
[23:48] | Retaliation. | 复仇 |
[23:49] | It goes back to the summit a couple of months ago. | 这得回溯到几个月前的峰会上 |
[23:51] | Look, this… is the Jordan Valley. | 这里是约旦河谷 |
[23:58] | All right, hold on, I’ll make it easier. | 等一下 我放到大屏幕上去 |
[24:06] | That’s the Valley. Right there. | 这是河谷 在这里 |
[24:08] | Occupied by Israel since 1967, | 1967年以来一直归以色列 |
[24:10] | it’s been a major roadblock in any peace accord with the Palestinians. | 一直是与巴勒斯坦达成和平协定的拦路虎 |
[24:13] | Underwood sends peacekeeping troops, the Israelis leave, | 安德伍德派维和部队过去 以色列人走了 |
[24:16] | – the Palestinians are happy. – It’s not that simple. | -巴勒斯坦人开心了 -没那么简单 |
[24:19] | Everyone gets hung up on this little patch of land ten miles by 40, | 所有人都为这个小地方牵肠挂肚 |
[24:21] | but you have to look outwards, | 但你得往远了看 |
[24:23] | past Jordan and Syria, past Iraq. | 越过约旦 叙利亚还有伊拉克 |
[24:25] | Here… to the Caucasus. | 这里 高加索山脉 |
[24:29] | That’s Russia’s sphere of influence. | 这里是俄罗斯的地盘 |
[24:31] | They don’t see the peacekeeping force as a Middle East issue. | 他们不觉得维和部队是中东问题 |
[24:33] | They see it as strategic deployment of US troops | 而是觉得这是美国军队的战略调度 |
[24:36] | less than a thousand miles from their southern border. | 离他们南部边界不到一千里 |
[24:38] | So you’re saying Corrigan’s a pawn, a play for leverage? | 你是说 科里根只是一枚棋子 一个筹码 |
[24:41] | More of a first salvo. | 更像是打响的第一枪 |
[24:42] | Moscow wants to show it’s serious about fighting this resolution. | 莫斯科要表明对反抗决议案的决心 |
[24:45] | Now, if I had to guess, | 要我猜的话 |
[24:47] | Underwood tried to bring Russia into the mix during the summit. | 安德伍德在峰会时本想拉拢俄罗斯 |
[24:50] | Get involved early on as partners. | 成为合作伙伴 |
[24:52] | And when Petrov didn’t play ball, | 但佩特罗夫不肯合作 |
[24:54] | Underwood went on the offensive, which is a huge gamble. | 安德伍德就转守为攻 是场豪赌 |
[24:58] | – Tell me how. – Nobody wants UN troops there. | -怎么说 -没人想让联合国军队过去 |
[25:00] | Not the Israelis, not the Palestinians, | 以色列人不想 巴勒斯坦人不想 |
[25:02] | not the Arabs. | 阿拉伯人也不想 |
[25:03] | They’re playing along because the US is pressuring them. | 他们合作都是因为美国的施压 |
[25:06] | But just one little thing needs to go wrong, | 但只要有一点差错 |
[25:08] | and you’ve got a tinderbox where everyone’s holding matches. | 所有人都拿着火柴等着点你的炸药包 |
[25:10] | So why is he following this course of action at all? | 那他为什么要采取这样的行动 |
[25:14] | Because he’s smart. | 因为他很聪明 |
[25:16] | – You just said– – He’s being too smart. | -可你刚说 -他是聪明过头 |
[25:18] | If it pays off, hey, he wins a Nobel Prize. But… | 要是这招行得通 他能拿诺贝尔奖 |
[25:24] | if it backfires, he leaves himself wide open. | 但行不通的话 他毫无反击之力 |
[25:28] | And that’s when you need to hit him hard. | 到时你得火力全开抨击他 |
[25:30] | A disastrous foreign policy that made the world more dangerous. | 一项让世界更为危险的灾难性外交政策 |
[25:33] | And he had his wife with zero foreign policy experience | 他还让他毫无外交经验的妻子 |
[25:35] | – lead the goddamn charge. – I’d like to bring you aboard, Joe. | -主掌大局 -我想让你加入 乔 |
[25:38] | – When can you start? – I believe I already did. | -你什么时候能开工 -我已经开工了 |
[25:41] | I’ll get the paperwork over to you later today. | 我今天稍后会把文件给你拿来 |
[25:43] | Let me ask, who referred me? | 我想问下 是谁推荐的我 |
[25:45] | – You have quite a reputation. – Yeah, for being an asshole. | -你声名在外 -是啊 声名在外的混蛋 |
[25:48] | Somebody you respect must have recommended me highly. | 肯定是你尊敬的人大力举荐了我 |
[25:50] | A former Underwood staffer. | 安德伍德的前雇员 |
[25:52] | I never worked with any of his people. | 我没跟他的人共事过 |
[25:53] | Which is one of the reasons he recommended you. | 这也是他举荐你的原因之一 |
[25:56] | Touché. | 有道理 |
[26:01] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[26:02] | A list of the Russian officials who will be sanctioned | 如果你们卖给伊朗一丁点武器 |
[26:04] | if you sell a single truckload of arms to Iran. | 就将遭制裁的俄国官员名单 |
[26:08] | I didn’t even make the top ten. | 我都没进前十 |
[26:10] | These sanctions can and will escalate. | 制裁会进一步扩大 |
[26:13] | And then what? | 然后呢 |
[26:14] | We’d build a coalition to impose their own sanctions. | 我们联合起来 实现对他们的制裁 |
[26:17] | And then what? | 然后呢 |
[26:18] | Alexi, | 亚历克西 |
[26:20] | you know what an economic crisis that would be for Russia. | 你明白这会在俄罗斯造成怎样的金融危机 |
[26:24] | Like the trade war you waged with China? | 就如你们和中国打的贸易战一样吗 |
[26:26] | Except in our case, only three percent of exports go to the US. | 只不过我们只有3%的出口额是给美国 |
[26:29] | And Europe needs our natural gas. | 欧洲需要我们的天然气 |
[26:32] | They won’t forfeit that over a few short-range missiles to Iran. | 他们不会为几个给伊朗的短程导弹放弃这些 |
[26:35] | You don’t want to challenge us | 你不会想在恐怖主义国家军备 |
[26:36] | on the armament of a terrorist state. | 这种问题上挑战我们 |
[26:38] | We’ll never be presented with that problem. | 我们永远不会出现这种问题 |
[26:41] | You can’t assure the Israelis you’ll provide troops. | 你无法向以色列人保证出军 |
[26:43] | The President doesn’t have the support of either party in Congress. | 国会两党都不支持总统 |
[26:46] | No troops, no Israel. | 不出兵就没有以色列支持 |
[26:47] | No Israel, no consensus. | 没有以色列支持就没有共识 |
[26:49] | No consensus, no resolution. | 没有共识 决议案就没戏 |
[26:54] | I will get this resolution passed. | 我会让决议案通过的 |
[26:56] | Don’t underestimate my ability or desire to do so. | 不要小瞧我的能力和决心 |
[27:00] | I’ve indulged your enthusiasm long enough. | 我放任你的热情够久了 |
[27:03] | You’ve bit off more than you can chew, Claire. | 你有点好高鹜远啊 克莱尔 |
[27:04] | Leave this to the professionals | 交给专业人士来处理 |
[27:06] | and let your little resolution die a painless death. | 你的决议案也能死得痛快点 |
[27:09] | The truth is, you have no business being ambassador | 事实就是 你不是当大使的料 |
[27:12] | any more than I do being First Lady. | 就跟我不是当第一夫人的料一样 |
[27:22] | That’s a very nice dress, by the way. | 裙子不错 |
[27:28] | “She stabbed the floor with a broom. | “她用扫帚捅地板 |
[27:30] | Karaoke every Wednesday. | 每周三卡拉OK之夜 |
[27:33] | Some tone-deaf drunk girl mutilating Britney Spears. | 会有音痴的醉妞唱毁小甜甜的歌 |
[27:38] | She knew they couldn’t hear the broom in the bar below. | 她知道楼下酒吧听不到楼上捅扫帚的声音 |
[27:41] | But we all need a ritual, and this was hers. | 但我们都需要一种形式 而这是她的 |
[27:45] | Three short thrusts, wood on wood, | 捅三下 木头对木头 |
[27:47] | a hollow sound which accomplished nothing. | 完全没有作用的空洞之声 |
[27:51] | David would be home soon. | 戴维马上就回家了 |
[27:53] | ‘It’s too hot,’ he’d say. She opened the window. | 他会说 ‘太热了’ 她打开了窗户 |
[27:56] | The music was so loud, she couldn’t ignore it.” | 音乐非常大声 她无法忽略” |
[28:12] | Here. | 给你 |
[28:16] | Aren’t you gonna buy the new one? | 你不买新的吗 |
[28:17] | I will, on my Kindle. But will you please sign this? | 我会买电子书 但你能在这本上签字吗 |
[28:22] | – Who should I make it out to? – Lesley. L-E-S-L-E-Y. | -写给谁 -莱斯莉 LESLEY |
[28:26] | Scorpio totally changed my life. | 《天蝎》改变了我的生活 |
[28:28] | The energy and the anger… It’s my favorite book of yours. | 那种力量 愤怒 是你的书里我最喜欢的 |
[28:32] | Probably my favorite book, period. | 大概是我最喜欢的书了 |
[28:36] | – Make sure you read the new one. – Yes. | -一定要读新的 -好的 |
[28:42] | Who should I make it out to? | 要写给谁呢 |
[28:51] | It’s a perversion of the Stafford Act and you know it. | 这是对《斯塔福法案》的曲解 你心里清楚 |
[28:54] | It’s a reading of the Stafford Act. We read it differently. | 这对《斯塔福法案》的解读 我们的解读不同 |
[28:57] | You can’t just raid funds | 你不能占用 |
[28:58] | that Congress appropriated for a specific use, | 国会调拨用于特定用途的资金 |
[29:01] | – then use them however you want. – Clearly, I can. | -任意按你的想法使用 -显然我可以 |
[29:03] | This is a direct challenge to Congress, Mr. President. | 这是在直接挑衅国会 总统先生 |
[29:06] | Bob and I have agreed. | 鲍勃和我已经同意 |
[29:07] | Both parties will fight you on this. | 两党都会在这个问题上反对你 |
[29:09] | Well, at least I’m cultivating bipartisanship. | 那至少我促进了两党合作 |
[29:12] | Gentlemen, I don’t want to do this, | 先生们 我不想这样做 |
[29:13] | but what choice have you left me? | 但你们给我留了什么选择余地吗 |
[29:15] | Our branch is here to check yours. | 我们立法部门就是要审核你的行政部门 |
[29:17] | If we didn’t feel America Works | 如果我们认为《美国就业法案》 |
[29:19] | warranted taxpayer money, | 不配使用纳税人的钱 |
[29:20] | – then it’s not fit to be law. – Now, look. | -那就不能立法 -听我说 |
[29:22] | This is the first time that the leaders of both parties | 这是两党领导人第一次一起 |
[29:25] | have met with me in one room, | 跟我同处一室会面 |
[29:26] | and not because I didn’t invite you, because you declined. | 而且不是因为我没邀请过你们 是你们拒绝了 |
[29:29] | So, now that we’re here, let’s make the most of it. | 既然我们都在这里 那就充分利用这次机会 |
[29:32] | I’m willing to walk back on FEMA | 我愿意在联邦应急管理署方面让步 |
[29:33] | if we can discuss putting AmWorks on the floor. | 前提是让《美就法》进入国会投票 |
[29:36] | You bullied us on the Education Bill. | 你们在教育法案上威逼过我们 |
[29:37] | And the government freeze. | 还有政府停摆 |
[29:38] | It’s not gonna work this time. | 这次不会成功的 |
[29:40] | You watch it work and then tell me it didn’t. | 等它成功了 你再说这话吧 |
[29:43] | We’re drafting a law, saying this use of the DRF is illegal. | 我们要起草法律 说这样使用赈灾基金是违法的 |
[29:45] | And who’s going to enforce that law? | 谁来执行这项法律 |
[29:48] | We were ready to impeach one president. | 我们曾准备弹劾一位总统 |
[29:50] | We’ll do the same with you if necessary. | 如果有必要 也会对你采取相同措施 |
[29:53] | And put Donald Blythe in this office? | 然后让唐纳德·布莱斯坐进这间办公室吗 |
[29:55] | You know he’s not up for the job. | 你们也知道他干不了这份工作 |
[29:56] | Congress would get killed for malpractice. | 国会会因为失职而被抨击 |
[29:59] | As crooked as you may think I am, | 不管你们认为我多狡诈 |
[30:01] | you know I can handle the pressure, and you know Donald can’t. | 你们清楚我可以顶住压力 而唐纳德不行 |
[30:04] | So pass your law, I’ll veto it. | 你们通过法律吧 我会否决的 |
[30:06] | And when you overrule me in the Senate, | 等你们在参议院推翻我 |
[30:07] | we’ll let the third branch decide. | 我们就让法庭裁决吧 |
[30:10] | Don’t declare war on Congress, Mr. President. | 别向国会宣战 总统先生 |
[30:12] | Not on Congress. I’m declaring war on atrophy. | 不是向国会宣战 我是向衰退宣战 |
[30:16] | But these days, who could tell the difference? | 但如今谁又能看出区别呢 |
[31:17] | So how about this? | 不如这样 |
[31:21] | I’ll order a pizza. | 我叫份披萨 |
[31:24] | When it gets here, I bring it into this room… | 到了之后 我拿进这个房间 |
[31:27] | with a paper towel draped over my arm. | 手臂上搭一条纸巾 |
[31:30] | Voilà. Just like… room service. | 来了 就像客房服务 |
[31:34] | You don’t let your kids eat pizza. | 你不让你的孩子吃披萨 |
[31:36] | Well, because I’ve seen what it does to a carotid artery. | 因为我见识过那对颈动脉的危害 |
[31:40] | And you’re not my kids. | 而且你又不是我的孩子 |
[31:46] | Do you think they like me? | 你觉得他们喜欢我吗 |
[31:51] | They adore you. | 他们崇拜你 |
[31:54] | Matt asked if you could teach him how to drive. | 马特问你能不能教他开车 |
[31:57] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -嗯 |
[31:58] | He says you’d be less judgmental. | 他说你不会那么苛刻 |
[32:06] | Do you want to get married? | 你想结婚吗 |
[32:12] | To you, or in general? | 跟你还是笼统来说 |
[32:17] | I’m serious. | 我是认真的 |
[32:23] | So where’d this come from? | 从哪冒出的想法 |
[32:25] | We’ve talked about it. | 我们都谈过了 |
[32:28] | We say “I love you.” | 我们说”我爱你” |
[32:31] | I want a husband. You want a wife. | 我想要个丈夫 你想要个妻子 |
[32:36] | This works, the two of us, don’t you think? | 我们俩挺合适 你不觉得吗 |
[32:41] | – It’s very romantic. – Aren’t we past romance? | -非常浪漫 -我们不是浪漫过了吗 |
[32:45] | I bought you a ring. | 我给你卖了个戒指 |
[32:49] | Why didn’t you say anything? | 你为什么都没说 |
[32:52] | It’s the element of surprise. | 不然怎么是惊喜 |
[32:54] | That’s kind of the point, isn’t it? | 不就是要有惊喜吗 |
[32:57] | It’s in my glove compartment. I can go get it if you want. | 在我的储物箱里 你想要的话我去拿 |
[33:02] | No, I want you to order the pizza. | 不 我要你定披萨 |
[33:07] | We can do the whole ring thing tomorrow. | 明天再弄戒指的事 |
[33:29] | When did you get in? | 你什么时候回来的 |
[33:30] | – Couple of hours ago. – Well, come and sit down. | -几小时前 -过来坐吧 |
[33:33] | I feel like I haven’t seen you for what, has it been three days? | 我觉得我好像有三天没见到你了 |
[33:36] | Four, I think. | 应该是四天 |
[33:38] | It’s just all been a big blur. | 都记不清了 |
[33:41] | Same in New York. | 我在纽约也一样 |
[33:43] | Any luck? | 有好消息吗 |
[33:44] | They’re like a broken record, Francis. | 他们跟复读机似的 弗兰西斯 |
[33:47] | Do I need to call the prime minister? | 需要我给总理打电话吗 |
[33:49] | Oh, I think it’s gonna take more than a phone call. | 一通电话可能解决不了 |
[33:52] | – Tell me. – That’s not why I’m here, actually. | -说说吧 -其实我不是为这个来的 |
[34:01] | So much has been going on in the past few months, | 这几个月的事太多 |
[34:02] | we hardly have time to talk. | 咱俩都没时间聊聊了 |
[34:04] | Here, use this. | 用这个 |
[34:08] | I feel bad about the other night | 那晚你要睡我的床 |
[34:10] | when you wanted to sleep in my bed. | 我不该赶你走 |
[34:11] | Oh, that. You shouldn’t. | 不用自责 |
[34:14] | I just– | 我就是 |
[34:16] | I don’t know why I started sleeping in there. | 我也不知道为什么在那边睡了 |
[34:19] | Well, if I remember correctly, you had a cold. | 没记错的话是你感冒了 |
[34:21] | But why I stayed. | 但我为什么没回去 |
[34:24] | You don’t have to explain. | 你不用解释 |
[34:29] | I want you to know that I love you. | 我想说我爱你 |
[34:30] | It has nothing to do with that. | 不是因为这个 |
[34:31] | I love you… as much as ever. | 我像以前一样爱你 |
[34:37] | Not another com.funword.word. | 不用说了 |
[34:43] | Let’s finish talking about Israel in the morning. | 明早继续谈以色列的事吧 |
[34:47] | You said more than a phone call? | 你说一通电话解决不了 |
[34:52] | They need it in stone, Francis, that we’ll contribute troops. | 他们需要承诺 弗兰西斯 真会出兵 |
[34:56] | – An executive order. – Congress won’t be happy. | -行政命令 -国会肯定不乐意 |
[34:58] | Well, they’re already not happy. | 反正已经不开心了 |
[35:01] | I spat in one eye, I might as well spit in the other. | 恶心了他们一次 就不在乎第二次了 |
[35:03] | Consider it done. | 没问题 |
[35:12] | Thank you. Thank you for your support. | 谢谢 谢谢你的支持 |
[35:15] | Thank you so much. Thank you. | 非常感谢 谢谢 |
[35:17] | Thank you. Oh, sure. | 谢谢 可以啊 |
[35:24] | Did you get it? | 拍到了吗 |
[35:27] | Thank you. Thank you so much. | 谢谢 非常感谢 |
[35:30] | Thank you. Thank you for your support. | 谢谢 谢谢你的支持 |
[35:32] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 先生 |
[35:33] | I liked your speech, Ms. Dunbar. | 我喜欢你的演讲 邓巴女士 |
[35:34] | And I’ve heard more than a few. | 我听过的演讲可多了 |
[35:36] | I appreciate you saying that, sir. | 非常感谢 先生 |
[35:37] | I know Iowans aren’t easily impressed. | 我知道爱荷华州人不容易取悦 |
[35:39] | What you said about integrity? | 你之前怎么说正直来着 |
[35:41] | Well, if you can bring that to Washington, | 你要是保证做位正直的总统 |
[35:43] | I’ll caucus for you. | 我党团会议就支持你 |
[35:44] | One supporter at a time. That’s how we’ll win this. | 一次争取一名支持者 选举就得这样 |
[35:47] | And that young man? I feel for him. He’s an inspiring individual. | 那个小伙子 我替他难过 他令人振奋 |
[35:50] | John, there’s someone I want you to meet. | 约翰 来见见这位先生 |
[35:52] | – Your name, sir? – Clive Reynolds. | -您叫什么 -克莱夫·雷诺兹 |
[35:54] | – Mr. Reynolds, nice to meet you. – I’m praying for your husband. | -雷诺兹先生 幸会 -我在为你丈夫祈祷 |
[35:57] | It’s awful he’s still stuck there. | 他还在俄罗斯真是可惜 |
[36:00] | Thank you, Mr. Reynolds. | 谢谢 雷诺兹先生 |
[36:01] | – Thank you. – Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[36:02] | Thank you for your support. Thank you for coming out. | 谢谢你们的支持 谢谢你们前来 |
[36:17] | You could’ve just called. | 打个电话就好了 |
[36:19] | I hate July Fourth in DC. | 我讨厌在华盛顿过国庆 |
[36:22] | Plus, I wanted to see you in action. | 还想看看你怎么拉选票 |
[36:24] | What’d you think? | 怎么样 |
[36:26] | I need her to leave. | 她得离开 |
[36:34] | I’ll meet you at the car. | 车上见 |
[36:37] | – Heather– – Cynthia. | -希瑟 -辛西娅 |
[37:00] | Read that. | 看看吧 |
[37:13] | Mrs. Underwood asked me to destroy it. | 安德伍德夫人要我毁掉 |
[37:16] | – I didn’t. – You should have. | -我没照做 -应该毁掉的 |
[37:18] | She lied on national television. | 她在全国电视上说谎了 |
[37:20] | I am not running that sort of campaign. | 我不会用这种手段竞选的 |
[37:25] | But it’s good to know it’s available. | 至少你知道手里有牌了 |
[37:27] | I would never do that to another woman, | 我绝不会那么对一个女人 |
[37:30] | and neither would Cynthia. | 辛西娅也不会 |
[37:33] | Cynthia was a good choice for your manager. | 选辛西娅做竞选经理挺不错 |
[37:35] | She’ll run a top-notch operation. | 她肯定能经营好团队 |
[37:38] | But you need someone who’s willing to do the things | 但你需要有人做一些 |
[37:40] | that people like her won’t do. | 她下不去手的事 |
[37:42] | When you asked me for a job, | 你要我聘用你的时候 |
[37:45] | you said you wanted to turn over a new leaf. | 你说你想翻开新的一页 |
[37:48] | I have a certain skill set, Ms. Dunbar. | 我的技能很固定 邓巴女士 |
[37:51] | For me, turning over a new leaf | 对我来说 翻开新的一页 |
[37:52] | is using my skills for the right reasons. | 就是为好目的使用我的技能 |
[37:55] | Like putting you in office. | 比如帮你当选 |
[37:58] | One-fifty. One point on the ad-buy. | 15万 广告投入的1% |
[38:02] | No points. | 广告投入不行 |
[38:05] | But I’ll do a hundred thousand win bonus | 但帮我赢得提名 |
[38:07] | if we get the nomination. | 给你十万奖金 |
[38:23] | I hope I came over here for some good news. | 希望你是有好消息 |
[38:28] | I’m in. You can tell the president. | 我加入 告诉总统吧 |
[38:31] | August 19th. | 8月19号 |
[38:32] | We wanted you to announce a lot earlier than that. | 我们需要的宣布时间比那早很多 |
[38:35] | No, not the announcement. This. | 不 不是宣布参选 是这个 |
[38:42] | Cardiology’s good money. | 心脏病医生挺阔啊 |
[38:44] | Aren’t you gonna say congrats? | 你不恭喜一下吗 |
[38:47] | I’ve never seen you be this girly. | 从没见你这么少女心 |
[38:49] | It’s a fucking diamond. I’m allowed to be a little girly. | 这他妈是钻戒啊 少女一下怎么了 |
[38:53] | Congratulations. I’m happy for you both. | 恭喜 我为你们俩高兴 |
[38:55] | Are you? | 真的吗 |
[39:00] | Sorry. That wasn’t fair. | 抱歉 我不该那么说 |
[39:04] | Maybe we should talk about dates for announcing the campaign. | 也许我们该谈谈宣布竞选的时间 |
[39:07] | Yeah, I have a few ideas. Let me pull up my calendar. | 对 我想到几个时间 让我看下日程表 |
[39:14] | Week after next seems to be the best option. | 下下周似乎最合适 |
[39:17] | You have plans tonight? | 你今晚有约吗 |
[39:20] | For the fireworks? | 去看烟火 |
[39:23] | Alan and I are taking his kids. | 艾伦和我准备带他的孩子一起去 |
[39:26] | Right. Makes sense. | 好吧 也对 |
[39:32] | You were saying, about a week after next? | 你刚才说下下周吗 |
[39:53] | – The Ambassador’s inside. – You want me to go in there? | -大使在里面 -你要我进去吗 |
[39:56] | She’s just putting on makeup. | 她只是在化妆 |
[39:59] | I can wait until she comes out. | 我可以等她出来 |
[40:01] | She’s going straight to her plane. If you don’t mind. | 她会直接去机场 如果您不介意的话 |
[40:10] | Alexi. | 亚历克西 |
[40:19] | The day got away from me, so I have to head down to DC | 今天过得太快 我得马上去华盛顿 |
[40:23] | for the July Fourth celebration. | 参加国庆庆祝活动 |
[40:25] | You may consider me an Ambassador from the men’s room. | 你可以当我是男卫生间的大使 |
[40:29] | Don’t make me laugh. I’ll have to start over. | 别逗我笑 否则我就得重化 |
[40:34] | – Good? – Quite. | -怎么样 -很美 |
[40:37] | Alexi, I think we’ve gotten off on the wrong foot. | 亚历克西 我们之前一直有敌意 |
[40:40] | We need to find a better way to work together. | 我们得找到更好的合作方法 |
[40:43] | You’re letting go of the resolution? | 你要撤回决议案吗 |
[40:47] | – Eyes? – Perfect. | -眼妆呢 -堪称完美 |
[40:50] | It’s always nice to have a man’s opinion. | 听听男人的看法总是好事 |
[40:53] | You were right, by the way. | 顺便说下 你是对的 |
[40:54] | Israel won’t back us unless we commit troops. | 只有我们派兵 以色列才会支持我们 |
[40:57] | You called my bluff, Alexi, | 你识破了我的虚张声势 亚历克西 |
[40:58] | and I shouldn’t have insulted you with one in the first place. | 而我就不该如此 这是侮辱你 |
[41:01] | I’ll be outside when you finish. | 我去外面等你了 |
[41:03] | The President signed an Executive Order this morning. | 总统今早签署了一份行政命令 |
[41:08] | Five thousand US military reassigned | 五千名美国士兵被派去 |
[41:10] | to permanent standby for UN Peacekeeping operations. | 长久待命支援联合国维和行动 |
[41:14] | Jerusalem has been informed. | 耶路撒冷已知晓此事 |
[41:15] | Your husband doesn’t have that kind of authority. | 你丈夫并没有这种权利 |
[41:17] | It’s occupied territory. He’s not deploying on sovereign land. | 那是占领区 他并未向他国领土派兵 |
[41:20] | So, as Commander in Chief, | 作为三军统帅 |
[41:23] | he doesn’t need Congressional approval. | 他不需要得到国会批准 |
[41:26] | Israel’s back on board again, Alexi, | 以色列又与我们同一阵线了 亚历克西 |
[41:28] | so the moment you sell arms to Iran, | 只要你们向伊朗出售军火 |
[41:31] | we will shoot the planes out of the sky, the trucks off the road, | 我们会击落运输机 击翻货运卡车 |
[41:33] | and the ships out of the water. | 击沉货船 |
[41:35] | Now… maybe you’d be able to afford sanctions… | 也许你们不怕遭到制裁 |
[41:41] | but you sure as hell can’t afford a war. | 但你们绝不敢挑起战争 |
[41:45] | Come back to the table. Engage us in good faith. | 重新回到谈判桌上来 与我们真诚谈判 |
[41:48] | Or the resolution goes to a vote next week. | 否则下周决议案就将进入表决环节 |
[41:51] | I have always been willing to talk. | 我一直很愿意与你磋商 |
[41:54] | Not you and I. President to president. | 我不是说你与我 是总统间的对话 |
[41:57] | Oh, and we need Michael Corrigan released, also. | 我们还需要你们释放迈克尔·科里根 |
[42:03] | I’ll communicate your message to Moscow. | 我会将你的意思传达给莫斯科 |
[42:05] | Please. Hand me a towel, would you? | 麻烦了 能给我递张纸巾吗 |
[42:14] | What a gentleman. | 真有绅士风度 |
[42:27] | You ever been to the White House before? | 你以前来过白宫吗 |
[42:29] | When I won the National Book Award. | 赢得国家图书奖的时候来过 |
[42:32] | – Nancy was a fan. – I’m surprised. | -南茜是书迷 -真是出乎我意料 |
[42:34] | That story doesn’t exactly revere family values. | 那个故事可不怎么体现家庭价值观 |
[42:37] | She’s got the astrologer in her. | 她流着占星家的血 |
[42:40] | I think she liked the title more than anything. | 我觉得她最喜欢的就是标题 |
[42:42] | Scorpio was a very good book. | 《天蝎》这书很不错 |
[42:44] | – Still pays the rent. – Have a seat. | -够糊口而已 -请坐 |
[42:47] | Why am I here, Mr. President? | 为什么让我来 总统先生 |
[42:50] | Remy briefed you. | 雷米跟你解释过 |
[42:52] | He said you needed a book. He didn’t say about what. | 他说你需要本书 但没说题材是什么 |
[42:55] | America Works. | 关于《美国就业法案》 |
[42:56] | Not just the policy, but the origins. | 不只是政策本身 还有它的起源 |
[42:59] | How a boy grew up in a dirt-poor shithole | 一位出身贫寒的少年 |
[43:01] | and climbed his way out through hard work. | 是如何努力工作攀上人生巅峰 |
[43:03] | A story of dignity. The pride that comes with one’s labor. | 一个关于尊严的故事 努力工作所赢得的骄傲 |
[43:07] | – Propaganda. – You could call it that. | -政治宣传 -也可以这么说 |
[43:11] | This sort of thing… it’s not in my wheelhouse. | 这种文章 我并不擅长 |
[43:14] | You need a salesman, not a novelist. | 您需要推销员 而非小说家 |
[43:18] | “Whoever you are, whoever you think you are, | “不论你是谁 不论你以为自己是谁 |
[43:22] | believe that you’re also a silent princess. | 想象你是位沉默的公主 |
[43:27] | Your name is Ida. | 名叫艾达 |
[43:29] | Your journey is one through a forgotten landscape | 你的旅程发生在一个被人遗忘的世界 |
[43:32] | of twisting staircases and morphing castles, | 那里满布了扭曲的阶梯和变形的城堡 |
[43:36] | atop floating stones defiantly crossing an angry sea, | 你将踩着浮石去征服怒海狂涛 |
[43:40] | within dimly-lit caverns cobwebbed with ruins | 探索废墟遍地的昏暗洞穴 |
[43:44] | M.C. Escher could only grasp at in a dream state.” | 莫里茨·埃舍尔在梦中才能窥见这样的世界” |
[43:48] | You read my video game reviews? | 您读过我写的游戏评测 |
[43:50] | I tend to play shoot-’em-ups. | 我经常玩清版射击游戏 |
[43:53] | The indie games don’t really interest me. | 对独立游戏并不感兴趣 |
[43:54] | I need adrenaline and action. | 我需要刺激与战斗 |
[43:55] | But when I read this, I had to try it. | 但当我读了这个 我一定要玩玩看 |
[43:59] | If you can convince me to | 如果你仅用一百字 |
[44:01] | be a silent princess with just a hundred words, | 就能说服我做一位沉默的公主 |
[44:03] | imagine how many millions you can convince with this book. | 想想看你这本书将能说服多少人 |
[44:06] | You are a salesman, Thomas. | 你就是推销员 托马斯 |
[44:09] | I wasn’t trying to sell anything. Just describe my experience. | 我没想推销什么 就是讲下我的感受 |
[44:12] | That’s exactly what I want you to do with my story. | 我也要你这么对待我的故事 |
[44:14] | No sales pitch, just your honest curiosity. | 不要推销 只描述你的探究 |
[44:17] | Besides, these kinds of books are always so boring, so safe. | 再说 这种书一般都很无聊 保守 |
[44:21] | I want something different, something… unique. | 我想要点不同的 独特的 |
[44:25] | Your voice. | 你的文笔 |
[44:27] | I don’t even know if I believe in your program. | 我都不知道自己相不相信你的计划 |
[44:31] | Come with me. I want to show you something. | 跟我来 给你看点东西 |
[45:16] | You build it and they come. | 搭起帐篷 大家自然会来 |
[45:16] | 均取自电影《梦幻成真》 原片是指建造棒球场 | |
[45:19] | Today, the Washington Mall is the real Field of Dreams. | 今天的国家广场是梦想之地 |
[45:23] | Three thousand people have registered | 今早开门之后 |
[45:25] | since we set up shop this morning. | 来了三千人注册 |
[45:26] | Now that’s what I call a Fourth of July party! | 这才叫国庆节聚会 |
[45:29] | And we’re gonna keep the party going ’round the clock, 24/7, | 这个聚会会不眠不休 一直办下去 |
[45:33] | till everyone in DC who wants a job | 直到首都每个想求职的人 |
[45:36] | can make their way down here and sign up. | 都来这里注册过 |
[45:46] | Have a look. | 看看吧 |
[45:50] | – Do you see that line of people? – The AmWorks tent. | -看到那队伍了吗 -《美就法》的帐篷 |
[45:54] | It stretches from there all the way to the Lincoln Memorial. | 从那儿一直延伸到林肯纪念堂 |
[45:56] | They started lining up before sunrise. | 天还没亮就开始排队了 |
[46:01] | It’s really something. | 真了不起 |
[46:02] | Thomas, at best, I’m going to be a footnote in history | 托马斯 帮不了他们 我成了历史的脚注 |
[46:05] | if I can’t help those people. At worst, I’ll be a joke. | 那都算好 搞不好还会沦为笑柄 |
[46:07] | I am those people. | 我跟他们一样 |
[46:09] | I want you to tell that story. | 我希望你把这个写下来 |
[46:12] | What do you say? | 怎么样 |
[46:14] | – I don’t know. – What’s your gut say? | -不知道 -你的直觉呢 |
[46:18] | That you don’t add up, and I’m intrigued. | 你的话好像不太对劲 但我很感兴趣 |
[46:21] | – But not sold. – Not yet. | -但还没说服你 -还没 |
[46:23] | Well, I’ll pay you well, and at the very least, | 钱是肯定不会少了你的 |
[46:25] | this sort of access is worth its weight in gold, isn’t it? | 这种活儿一向能捞一笔 是吧 |
[46:28] | Sir, the First Lady’s back. | 先生 第一夫人回来了 |
[46:29] | I have to go give my Fourth of July speech before the fireworks. | 我得在放焰火之前致辞 |
[46:32] | – How quickly would you need the book? – By January. | -您要多久写完 -一月之前 |
[46:34] | I’ve never written anything in less than a year. | 我写东西一向要一年多 |
[46:36] | Well, you don’t strike me | 我看你的样子 |
[46:37] | as someone who shies away from a challenge. | 不像遇到挑战就会退缩 |
[46:41] | I’d need to be able to write it the way I want to write it. | 我得按我自己的方式写 |
[46:43] | Absolutely. Look, take your time. Enjoy the view. | 没问题 多待一会儿 看看风景 |
[46:47] | Meechum will show you out when you’re done. | 看完了密查姆会送你出去 |
[46:48] | And I promise, if you say yes, you won’t regret it. | 我保证 你答应了绝不会后悔 |
[46:54] | No writer worth his salt can resist a good story, | 有水平的作家都不会拒绝好故事 |
[46:58] | just as no politician can resist making promises he can’t keep. | 就像政客总忍不住乱许诺言一样 |
[47:10] | Viktor, we’d be honored to accept the invitation. | 维克多 受邀前往是我们的荣幸 |
[47:14] | Yes, I agree, there’s much to discuss. | 是啊 要谈的事太多了 |
[47:18] | I’ll have my office reach out to the Kremlin. | 我会叫我的办公室联系克里姆林宫 |
[47:19] | We’ll find dates that work for both of us. | 安排一个都方便的日期 |
[47:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[47:25] | Well, you should get some sleep. It’s late over there. | 你该睡了吧 那边都好晚了 |
[47:29] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[47:32] | Hold off on the vote? | 表决暂缓 |
[47:33] | Until we sit down. But we keep it in our back pocket. | 等谈了再说 不过留着这一手 |
[47:37] | Michael Corrigan? | 迈克尔·科里根呢 |
[47:39] | They’re going to release him when we visit. | 我们到访的时候释放他 |
[47:42] | You made a miracle happen. | 你造就了奇迹 |
[47:44] | We did. | 是我们 |
[47:54] | …each unique citizen contributes to our future. | 每一位独一无二的公民都影响着未来 |
[47:57] | Can you turn that up? | 能大点声吗 |
[47:58] | Our forefathers, when they declared independence, | 我们的先辈宣布独立时 |
[48:01] | understood the power of the individual, | 就理解个体的力量 |
[48:04] | the value of self-determination. | 自主的价值 |
[48:07] | They freed us from tyranny. | 他们把我们从暴政中解放出来 |
[48:10] | – They proved… – He is a tyrant. | -他们证明了… -他就是暴君 |
[48:11] | I don’t know, there’s a lot of people out there. | 不好说 那里那么多人 |
[48:13] | He might be onto something. | 他也许做对了 |
[48:14] | Executive Order for UN troops? He’s out of control. | 下行政命令调派维和部队 他疯了吧 |
[48:17] | At least he’s doing something. Walker didn’t do shit. | 至少他有所行动 沃克什么都没干 |
[48:19] | I think we replaced a dud with an atom bomb. | 我们弹劾了个哑炮 换了个原子弹 |
[48:22] | They had to fight to secure their freedom. | 他们的自由是抗争得来的 |
[48:25] | And now we have to fight to maintain it. | 如今我们也要通过抗争保住自由 |
[48:28] | The freedom to work. | 工作的自由 |
[48:30] | The freedom to live with dignity. | 体面活着的自由 |
[48:33] | The freedom to hope. | 希望的自由 |
[48:36] | Thank you, and God bless the United States of America. | 谢谢你们 天佑美国 |
[49:27] | 奥巴马上任后最重要的一个法案 是被称为”奥巴马医改”(Obamacare)的《医疗改革法案》 在经过艰苦的谈判后 这个法案被带到参众两院进行投票 按正常程序 法案需要经过至少两轮投票 在投票过程中要进行一些修改 当时奥巴马所属的民主党在参众两院都处于多数党位置 法案通过似乎没有悬念 但在投票开始后 马萨诸塞州一名民主党参议员突然过世 补选上来的是一名共和党议员 这使民主党在参议院失去了绝对多数 奥巴马费尽心血的法案面临夭折的风险 这时 在奥巴马的支持下 众议院议长佩洛西将这个旨在改革医疗政策的法案 定性为”预算法案” 从而避免了这个法案在参议院进行新的投票 “奥巴马医改”靠这个不是很光明正大的办法成为了法律 |