时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:54] | And where are you from, Mr. Brown? | 你是哪里人 布朗先生 |
[01:57] | Sheldon, sir. I’m a retired police officer. | 谢尔登 先生 我是退休警员 |
[02:00] | Well, then I can only imagine that Sheldon must be | 那谢尔登一定是全州 |
[02:02] | one of the safest places in this state. | 最安全的地方了 |
[02:05] | We do our best. | 我们尽力而为吧 |
[02:07] | But my son, he’s a marine, stationed at Camp Dwyer. | 但我儿子 他是海军陆战队 派驻在德怀尔营 |
[02:11] | He keeps our country safer than I do. | 他比我更能保护我们国家 |
[02:14] | Me and my wife were wondering, | 我和我妻子想问 |
[02:15] | if he got sent over to the Jordan Valley, | 如果他被派去约旦河谷 |
[02:17] | will that really keep us safer? | 这真能保护我们的安全吗 |
[02:19] | Because it sure seems like the whole peacekeeping mission | 因为看起来 整个维和行动 |
[02:23] | is only making things more dangerous. | 只让局势更加危险了 |
[02:26] | Thank you for that. May I? | 谢谢提问 可以给我吗 |
[02:29] | Well, first of all, let me say | 首先 容我说 |
[02:31] | how grateful I am for your son’s service. | 我十分感激你儿子的奉献 |
[02:34] | I know we all feel exactly the same way. | 我知道大家都很感激 |
[02:42] | And now, uh, let me try to answer your question. | 现在 我回答你的问题 |
[02:45] | Have we run into some difficulties with the Russians? | 俄方是否与我们产生了矛盾 |
[02:48] | Yes, we have. | 是的 |
[02:49] | Is there tension between the Israelis and the Palestinians? | 以色列和巴勒斯坦之间是否关系紧张 |
[02:53] | Absolutely. | 没错 |
[02:54] | But, that is the very reason that this mission is so important. | 但这正是此次行动如此重要的原因 |
[02:59] | We have gathered together a coalition of seven nations | 我们集结了一支七国联合军队 |
[03:03] | to bring stability to a region | 稳定一个数十载 |
[03:06] | that has suffered from unrest for decades. | 动荡不安的地区 |
[03:09] | It will take time. | 这自然需要时间 |
[03:11] | And there may be lives that will be lost. | 可能会有人牺牲 |
[03:15] | But this is not just important for the Middle East’s security, | 但这不仅仅事关中东安定 |
[03:18] | it’s important for the security | 也关系到美国 |
[03:20] | of the United States and the rest of the world. | 和整个世界的安全 |
[03:23] | And I hope that I’ve answered your question. | 希望你的问题得到了解答 |
[03:25] | Now, who was next? | 下面谁来 |
[03:28] | Uh, let’s see here. | 我看看 |
[03:30] | Well, how about this young woman right here? | 这位年轻的小姐吧 |
[03:33] | Now, I’ll give you my microphone, | 我把麦克风给你 |
[03:34] | but only if you promise to give it back. | 但你得答应会还给我 |
[03:36] | He seemed to want to hang onto it for a while. | 他似乎不怎么想给我呢 |
[03:39] | – There you are. – Um, my name is Annie Wietz, | -给 -我叫安妮·怀茨 |
[03:42] | and I’m also worried about what the officer was just saying. | 我也担心那位警官所说的事 |
[03:46] | I want a safe world for my grandkids– | 我希望我孙辈能生活在安全的世界里 |
[03:48] | Give me back the mic – and I’ll answer your question. | 把麦克风给我 我回答你 |
[03:50] | No, sir. I haven’t asked my question yet. | 我还没提问呢 |
[03:53] | Apologies. I’m ahead of myself. Go ahead. | 抱歉 我着急了 请 |
[03:55] | The covert operation, the one that caused the Israelis to invade. | 那项秘密行动 导致以色列入境的 |
[03:59] | Was that us? Because that really seemed | 是我们吗 因为看起来 |
[04:02] | to make a mess of everything. | 那事把情况搞得一团糟 |
[04:04] | – May I? – Please. | -可以给我吗 -请 |
[04:05] | Thank you. Now, Annie? | 谢谢 安妮 |
[04:07] | – Is that your name, yeah? – Yes, sir. | -是安妮吧 -是 先生 |
[04:08] | Now, I have said this on this matter before, | 这事我已经说过了 |
[04:11] | and I know it may be frustrating, but it is the truth. | 我知道大家或许有不满 但事实如此 |
[04:14] | When it comes to covert operations by any nation, | 对任何国家的秘密行动 |
[04:18] | or matters of intelligence, for security purposes, | 或情报问题 出于安全考虑 |
[04:22] | including the security of our own soldiers, | 也包括我们本国战士的安全 |
[04:24] | I simply cannot comment on these issues. | 我实在不能发表评论 |
[04:27] | But, sir, I’m sorry, | 但是 先生 抱歉 |
[04:28] | but what is the point of having us ask questions | 如果你不肯回答 |
[04:31] | – if you won’t answer them? – Well, she’s got me there. Uh… | -我们还何必提问 -被她说着了 |
[04:34] | I can answer any question but that one. | 除了这个问题我都能回答 |
[04:37] | In fact, I hope that we can ask some questions about | 事实上 希望大家能问问 |
[04:40] | how we’re gonna focus on things right here at home. | 我们要如何解决国内的一些问题 |
[04:43] | How about someone up there in the cheap seats? | 楼上二等座的人来问吧 |
[04:44] | Anyone have a question there? | 有人想问吗 |
[04:48] | The situation in Jordan Valley, | 约旦河谷的局势 |
[04:49] | it threatens to bleed across the border. | 可能会引起境外流血冲突 |
[04:54] | We already have refugees requesting to enter Jordan. | 已经有难民请求进入约旦了 |
[04:57] | Forgive me, Prince Ryad. | 抱歉 里亚德王子 |
[04:58] | You may be dealing with a few hundred refugees, | 你们虽然要应付几百个难民 |
[05:00] | but we are facing mortar attacks. | 但我们可是要面对迫击炮袭击 |
[05:02] | Fourteen in the last two weeks. | 这两周就发生了14起 |
[05:04] | None of your people have died yet. | 你们还没死人呢 |
[05:05] | The last one came within 50 meters of a school. | 最后的一次 离一所学校只有50米 |
[05:08] | Your troops have killed over a dozen Palestinians in house raids. | 你们的军队袭击民宅 杀死了十数名巴勒斯坦人 |
[05:11] | You expect us not to fight back? | 你还指望我们不还击吗 |
[05:12] | We need the violence to stop. | 暴力冲突必须停止 |
[05:14] | If it continues, the peacekeeping mission will fall apart. | 如果继续下去 维和任务会分崩离析 |
[05:18] | And it’s our best hope for long-term stability. | 而维和任务是长久稳定的最佳机会 |
[05:21] | Can you speak to Hamas and Hezbollah? | 你能跟哈马斯和真主党沟通吗 |
[05:23] | Get them to agree to a cease-fire? | 让他们同意停火 |
[05:24] | Israel has twice as many troops in the region | 以色列自维和任务开始后 |
[05:27] | as before the peacekeeping mission began. | 在当地的驻军翻了一番 |
[05:33] | No, it is we who are defending ourselves. | 不 我们才是在自卫 |
[05:35] | You agreed to remove two thousand troops. | 你答应撤离两千士兵了 |
[05:37] | If there’s a cessation of mortar attacks, | 如果迫击炮袭击停止 |
[05:39] | and if the Russians leave. | 如果俄军离开 |
[05:40] | A one-third troop reduction. | 派军削减三分之一 |
[05:42] | That should be enough to convince your people, no? | 这足以说服你们的人了吧 |
[05:44] | Once the troops leave, I engage them, but not before. | 等以军离开 我再去找他们 之前不行 |
[05:48] | Show some goodwill. You’ll still have 4,000 troops there. | 显示点诚意吧 就算到时你还有四千士兵呢 |
[05:51] | Because we cannot accomplish anything | 因为这样下去将毫无进展 |
[05:54] | unless we have proof of de-escalation on both sides. | 除非能证明双方都愿缓和局势 |
[05:57] | What about Russia? | 那俄国呢 |
[05:58] | That’s a separate issue. We will tackle that another time. | 这是另外的问题了 我们改日再解决 |
[06:01] | Can you convey to Jerusalem | 你能向耶路撒冷转达 |
[06:02] | the importance of this troop reduction? | 此次部分撤军的重要性吗 |
[06:04] | Yes, but no promises. | 可以 但结果无法保证 |
[06:10] | All right. Thank you, everyone. | 好吧 谢谢各位 |
[06:12] | We’ll meet again tomorrow morning. | 我们明早再会面 |
[06:14] | Thank you, madam. | 谢谢 夫人 |
[06:18] | Eliana. | 伊莉安娜 |
[06:21] | We need to discuss the no-fly zone. | 我们得讨论禁飞区的问题 |
[06:24] | It’s only for the Russians, not the peacekeepers. | 那是给俄国人定的 不是维和军 |
[06:28] | They can’t stay if they have nothing to eat. | 他们如果断了粮 就待不下去 |
[06:30] | What are you going to do, shoot down a supply plane? | 你打算怎么做 把供给货机打下来吗 |
[06:33] | We hope they won’t make us face that choice. | 希望他们不会逼我们做这个选择 |
[06:36] | They’ll ignore it. | 他们会无视的 |
[06:37] | And you’re just going to antagonize Moscow. | 你这样只会激怒莫斯科 |
[06:40] | I’m sorry, but the no-fly zone is above my pay grade. | 抱歉 但禁飞区的事是上方定下的 |
[06:42] | Perhaps your husband can talk to the prime minister. | 或许你丈夫可以去跟总理谈谈 |
[06:45] | When are we looking at? | 什么时候开始 |
[06:47] | Could be tomorrow, could be a week. | 或许是明天 或许一周后 |
[06:49] | I’m not a part of those conversations anymore. | 那些事已经轮不到我插嘴了 |
[06:52] | We could vet the questions. | 我们可以审查问题 |
[06:54] | That doesn’t work in Iowa. It’ll piss people off. | 那在爱荷华州行不通 只会激起民愤 |
[06:56] | Even if we did, it wouldn’t make a difference. | 即便如此也无济于事 |
[06:58] | The country is preoccupied with the Jordan Valley. | 整个国家的心思都在约旦河谷上 |
[07:00] | We’re off message. | 话题完全跑偏了 |
[07:01] | In the meantime, | 现在 |
[07:02] | we can put the town halls on hold. Just do the stump. | 我们可以暂停市政厅集会 只做巡回宣传 |
[07:05] | I think we should also postpone the debate. | 我觉得辩论也最好延迟 |
[07:06] | Dunbar’ll hit you hard for that. Say you’re dodging. | 邓巴会为此狠狠攻击你 说你在回避 |
[07:08] | Have Jackie request the postponement. | 那让杰姬提出推迟 |
[07:10] | – What’s her reason? – I don’t care. | -什么理由 -我不管 |
[07:12] | Just as long as it isn’t coming from us. | 只要不是我们提出来就行 |
[07:13] | Talk to her. Thank you, gentlemen. | 跟她谈谈 谢谢了 各位 |
[07:15] | What’s next? | 接下来什么事 |
[07:17] | Uh, you’re slated for fundraising calls until 4:15, | 为竞选筹款打电话 直到4点15 |
[07:21] | then a DOD briefing. | 然后是国防部的简报 |
[07:23] | Also, your friend from The Sentinel called, Tim Corbet. | 另外 你桑蒂诺的朋友 蒂姆·科贝特打来了 |
[07:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:44] | You know, I can fold my own clothes. | 我自己会叠衣服 |
[07:47] | Took me two seconds. | 不费事 |
[07:52] | You remember when we shared a room my senior year? | 记得我大四那年我们睡一间房吗 |
[07:55] | And if I left, like, one sock on the floor, you’d freak? | 我要是把一只袜子丢在地板上 你就会抓狂 |
[08:00] | Yeah, I started doing that on purpose, just to see you flip out. | 我后来开始有意那么做 好看你发火 |
[08:03] | Yeah. I remember. | 嗯 我记得 |
[08:18] | Come on, leave it. Be a rebel. | 得了 别管了 随意点 |
[08:26] | Hey, sweetie. | 亲爱的 |
[08:30] | Well, tell her if it wiggles, it means it’s gonna fall out. | 告诉她如果动了 就是要掉了 |
[08:35] | Okay. Let me talk to her. | 好 让她听 |
[08:45] | Uh, now, listen to me. You– | 听我说 |
[08:47] | I know your mom doesn’t want you playing with it, | 我知道你妈妈不让你动 |
[08:49] | so you have to do what she says. | 你得听她话 |
[08:52] | Well, because the tooth fairy doesn’t want fingerprints all over it. | 因为牙仙不喜欢上面沾满指纹 |
[08:57] | Okay, I’ll do it, but you have to promise me | 好 我答应 但你保证 |
[09:00] | that you and your brother will stop playing with your tooth. | 你和你弟弟都不会再摆弄牙了 |
[09:04] | Okay, you ready? | 好 准备好了吗 |
[09:06] | Are you super ready? | 真的准备好了吗 |
[09:09] | Boogala, boogala, boogala, boogala, boogala. | 咪咪喵 咪咪喵 咪咪喵 |
[09:14] | Okay. Put your mom back on. | 好了 让妈妈听 |
[09:18] | How much of a postponement? | 推迟多久 |
[09:20] | Until we get this crisis resolved. | 直到我们解决危机 |
[09:22] | Dunbar will see right through that. | 邓巴一眼就看穿了 |
[09:24] | Not if it’s coming from you. | 除非是你说 |
[09:26] | Say you want to focus on meeting people face to face, | 就说你现在想当面接触民众 |
[09:28] | not a televised debate. | 而不是电视辩论 |
[09:29] | We’ll back you up. | 我们会支持你 |
[09:30] | All right, I’ll talk to my staff. | 好 我跟我手下谈谈 |
[09:33] | We’ll draft some language and I’ll run it past you. | 我们起草一下言辞 再给你看一下 |
[09:35] | Jackie? | 杰姬 |
[09:38] | I want to talk to you about what happened a couple weeks ago. | 我想跟你谈谈两周前的那件事 |
[09:42] | – I crossed a line. – Remy, you don’t have to. | -我越界了 -雷米 你不用解释 |
[09:44] | I want to. I want to explain myself. | 我想解释一下 |
[09:51] | I still have strong feelings, I’m not gonna deny that. | 我对你还有感觉 这我不否认 |
[09:56] | Maybe a different job… A different time, different place. | 如果情况不同 我不做这个 |
[10:00] | But, uh… | 可是… |
[10:03] | Look… | 听我说 |
[10:06] | I’ve loved people before, and I’ve learned to let ’em go. | 我以前也放下过曾经爱过的人 |
[10:11] | I’m not gonna put you in that position again. | 我再不会让你为难了 |
[10:19] | It’s been hard for me, too. | 对我也不容易 |
[10:33] | You’ve got work. | 你还有工作 |
[10:46] | I’m glad you said something. | 我很高兴你说出来了 |
[11:36] | Hello? | 喂 |
[11:38] | Tim, it’s Frank. | 蒂姆 是弗兰克 |
[11:40] | I’m sorry it took me all day to get back to you. | 抱歉这么晚才回你电话 |
[11:42] | Ah, no worries. Your plate must be pretty full. | 没事 你现在一定忙死了 |
[11:45] | Well, more than I’d like at the moment. | 我的确希望能没这么多事 |
[11:47] | Is this a bad time? | 打扰你了吗 |
[11:48] | I think I can spare a few minutes | 我还是能腾出点时间 |
[11:50] | for the President of the United States. | 跟美国总统通话的 |
[11:53] | – Are you good? – Yeah. | -你好吗 -挺好 |
[11:54] | Good. Uh, last kid got off to college, | 最后一个孩子也去大学了 |
[11:58] | so Beth and I are on our own. | 家里就剩贝丝和我了 |
[12:01] | Finally. Yeah, the business is strong. | 总算 生意不错 |
[12:04] | I’m actually, uh, I’m thinking of expanding to Glenwood Canyon. | 我还打算扩张到格伦伍德峡谷呢 |
[12:08] | That’s great. | 那好啊 |
[12:09] | Listen, I called because that, | 听我说 我打给你是因为 |
[12:13] | that writer reached out to me. | 那个作者来找我了 |
[12:14] | You know, the one doing your book. | 给你写书的那个 |
[12:16] | Said, uh, he wanted to talk about The Sentinel. | 说要跟我谈谈桑蒂诺的事 |
[12:20] | What’d you say? | 你怎么说的 |
[12:21] | I said I was in a rush and I’d call him back later. | 我说我有点急事 回头打给他 |
[12:24] | I didn’t want to say more without talking to you first. | 没跟你商量过 我不想多说什么 |
[12:26] | Well, he should’ve checked with me beforehand. | 他应该先问我的 |
[12:28] | I don’t want him harassing my friends. | 我可不希望他去骚扰我的朋友 |
[12:30] | He wasn’t harassing me at all. He’s a nice guy, actually. | 他倒是没有骚扰我 他人不错 |
[12:33] | I mean, I’m happy to talk with him if it’ll help your book. | 如果对你的书有用 我乐意跟他谈 |
[12:36] | Well, the book isn’t really about The Sentinel, | 这书不是讲桑蒂诺的 |
[12:38] | so I don’t know why he’d bother, | 真不知他是何必 |
[12:39] | but I’ll talk to him and I’ll let you know. | 但我会跟他谈谈 回头给你回复 |
[12:41] | Whatever you need, Mr. President. | 随你 总统先生 |
[12:43] | Stop that. | 你够了 |
[12:44] | Hey, listen, uh, we run a half-price special for Commanders-in-Chief. | 听我说 我们给三军统帅打对折 |
[12:49] | So, uh… if you’re ever in Colorado | 你什么时候来科罗拉多州 |
[12:52] | with some time on your hands… | 又有时间 |
[12:54] | Well, I hope the same goes for ex-presidents, too. | 希望前总统也有这待遇 |
[12:56] | Nope. Only sittin’ ones. So you better win that damn election. | 不行 只针对在任总统 你最好拿下选举 |
[13:00] | I’ll do my best. Nice talking to you, Tim. | 那我尽力 跟你聊天真愉快 蒂姆 |
[13:03] | You too, Frank. | 我也是 弗兰克 |
[13:12] | I want to set aside time for Tom Yates, in person. Tomorrow. | 单独安排汤姆·耶茨明天来见我 |
[13:16] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[13:42] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[14:19] | Francis? | 弗兰西斯 |
[14:20] | I just got off the phone with Cathy. | 我刚跟凯茜打完电话 |
[14:22] | The Israelis are instituting the no-fly zone. | 以色列要实施禁飞区了 |
[14:24] | I’m scheduled to have a call tomorrow with the prime minister. | 我安排了明天跟总理通话呢 |
[14:27] | They want to cancel the call. | 他们要取消通话 |
[14:28] | Let me see if I can get him on the phone now. | 我看看能不能现在接通他 |
[14:30] | They just sent out a communiqué to all embassies. | 他们已向所有大使馆发布了公告 |
[14:43] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[14:45] | As you– | 诸位… |
[14:51] | Excuse me. It’s been a long night. | 抱歉 昨晚很繁忙 |
[14:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:59] | Israel instituted a no-fly zone over the Jordan Valley, | 以色列于当地时间今早6点 在约旦河谷上空 |
[15:03] | 6:00 a.m. today, Israeli time. | 实施了禁飞区 |
[15:06] | And while I disagree with this action, | 我虽然反对此举 |
[15:07] | I understand the reason behind it, | 我能理解其初衷 |
[15:10] | and we must stand with our ally. | 我们必须与同盟同一阵线 |
[15:12] | Our chief goal remains de-escalation in the region. | 我们的主要目标仍是缓和当地局势 |
[15:15] | Ambassador Underwood and the State Department | 安德伍德大使和国务院 |
[15:17] | are working with all interested parties toward that end. | 在与各相关方为此目标进行努力 |
[15:21] | Our utmost priority is guaranteeing civilian safety. | 我们的优先考虑是保证平民安全 |
[15:25] | – And Israel has confirmed -When are you off to Des Moines? | -以色列已经证实… -什么时候去得梅因[爱荷华首府] |
[15:30] | A couple of hours. I have to make some donor calls first. | 两小时后 还得先给几个资助人打电话 |
[15:34] | You have surgery today? | 今天有手术吗 |
[15:35] | A double bypass. Triple tomorrow. | 两个搭桥手术 明天三个 |
[15:38] | But nothing scheduled for almost a week after, | 但之后一周几乎没什么安排 |
[15:41] | so maybe I can come out to Iowa and we can– | 所以或许我可以去爱荷华州 我们… |
[15:44] | – Russian aircrafts that ignore this… – What’s going on? | -俄国飞机如无视… -怎么了 |
[15:47] | …could potentially be subject to military action… | 可能遭受军事打击 |
[15:48] | This Jordan Valley thing’s a mess. | 约旦河谷真是一团糟 |
[15:51] | He’s in big trouble. | 他有大麻烦了 |
[15:52] | …any such actions… | …此类举动 |
[15:53] | And then there’s the whole AmWorks thing. | 还有《美就法》那档子事 |
[15:55] | All the baggage from last year. | 去年留下的包袱 |
[15:59] | – You having doubts? – I don’t know. | -你后悔了吗 -不知道 |
[16:02] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[16:05] | That sounds serious. | 这好像挺严肃啊 |
[16:08] | If there was an ideal time to walk away, now is it. | 如果说有抛弃他的理想时机 就是现在了 |
[16:13] | And then what? | 然后呢 |
[16:16] | Focus on Congress. | 专心于国会 |
[16:18] | Yeah, but you want more than that. | 但你的野心不止如此啊 |
[16:20] | I could spend more time with you and the kids. | 我可以多陪陪你和孩子 |
[16:24] | Well, I don’t want a wife who’s miserable | 我不希望妻子 |
[16:26] | because she turned her back on the White House. | 因为放弃了白宫而怨念不已 |
[16:32] | Look… | 听我说 |
[16:34] | The thing about surgery is, once you’re in, you’re in. | 手术一旦开始 就不能停下 |
[16:38] | There’s a beating heart in front of you. Someone’s life. | 你面前是一颗跳动的心脏 别人的生命 |
[16:43] | There’s no room for doubt. | 不能有迟疑 |
[16:44] | So, whatever goes wrong… | 不论出了什么问题 |
[16:49] | say hemorrhage or a blood clot, you deal with it. | 比如大出血 或者血块 也只能去应付 |
[16:52] | You don’t get to walk away. | 你不能放弃 |
[16:56] | But that’s life or death. This isn’t. | 但那是生死大事 这不是 |
[17:01] | It is for you. | 对你来说是的 |
[17:03] | …to maintain international peace and security. | 维持国际和平和稳定 |
[17:06] | The United States is committed to defusing this situation. | 美国决心解决当前事态 |
[17:11] | We are here for Israel, we are here for Palestine, | 我们会支持以色列 支持巴勒斯坦 |
[17:15] | we are here for Russia. | 也支持俄罗斯 |
[17:17] | And we are here for– | 我们会… |
[17:20] | – Ready to go to your meeting? – Yeah. | -可以去参加会面了吗 -嗯 |
[17:39] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[17:42] | I was thinking… | 我在想 |
[17:44] | you know how a while back, | 你前一阵 |
[17:45] | you mentioned the kids coming out from Ohio? | 说要让孩子从俄亥俄州过来 |
[17:48] | You want them to visit? | 你希望他们来吗 |
[17:51] | Well, maybe you don’t want them to see me like this? | 或许你不希望他们看到我这样 |
[17:53] | – Doing my 60 days? – You’ve been doing great. | -复健 戒酒 -你表现一直很棒 |
[17:56] | I’d be thrilled for them to come out here and meet their uncle, | 我当然乐意让他们来看叔叔 |
[17:59] | if that’s something you want to do. | 如果你真想的话 |
[18:01] | I could hit the couch for a few nights. | 我可以在沙发上睡几晚 |
[18:03] | You guys can have the bedroom. | 你们睡卧房 |
[18:05] | I’ll call Sarah. | 我打给萨拉 |
[18:09] | I say to Israel, keep your airspace. | 我要对以色列说 留着你们的领空吧 |
[18:13] | Keep your no-fly zone. | 留着你们的禁飞区吧 |
[18:15] | I will be flying through it, nevertheless. | 我还是会飞过去 |
[18:19] | Shoot me down, if you wish, | 你要是想 就把我打下来 |
[18:20] | because nothing can stop me | 因为什么都别想阻止我 |
[18:22] | from standing side by side with my countrymen. | 去跟我的同胞站在一起 |
[18:25] | I will embrace the men who serve this country, | 我要去拥抱为国奉献的士兵 |
[18:28] | because I am Russian, | 因为我是俄国人 |
[18:30] | and Russians… do not abandon their own. | 俄国人 不抛弃自己人 |
[18:37] | Russian TV. | 俄国电视台 |
[18:38] | Forty-five minutes ago. It could be hot air. | 45分钟前 可能是大话 |
[18:42] | Petrov wants the world to see this. | 佩特罗夫想让全世界都看到 |
[18:44] | He wouldn’t put it out there unless he meant it. | 如果不是真心的 就不会公开放话 |
[18:45] | Israel says they’re prepared to enforce the no-fly zone. | 以色列说他们打算执行禁飞区令 |
[18:48] | They’ll never shoot down a head of state. | 他们不会把一国元首打下来的 |
[18:49] | Yeah, which means they’ll lose face | 那他们就会丢面子 |
[18:51] | and compensate by increasing their ground presence. | 进而增加派军 来挽回这个面子 |
[18:53] | I got Jerusalem to agree to a pullout. | 我让耶路撒冷同意部分撤军了 |
[18:55] | – Two thousand troops. – Not if Petrov flies there. | -两千士兵 -如果佩特罗夫飞过去就没戏了 |
[18:58] | If we downplay Petrov’s move as political theatrics, | 如果我们把佩特罗夫的行为说成政治作秀 |
[19:01] | I might be able to convince the Israelis to follow through. | 我或许还能说服以色列人按原计划走 |
[19:04] | No, we need to respond to Russia directly, | 不行 我们得直接回应俄罗斯 |
[19:07] | not waste our time with Israel. | 而不是跟以色列浪费时间 |
[19:09] | Israel is our ally. We’re far more likely | 以色列是我们的同盟 跟他们谈 |
[19:11] | to have a productive dialogue with them than with Russia. | 比跟俄罗斯谈更可能产生结果 |
[19:14] | Yes. What’s our main objective here? | 对 但我们的主要目标是什么 |
[19:15] | To get Russian troops out of the Jordan Valley. | 让俄军撤离约旦河谷 |
[19:18] | Let’s stop poking around from the sides. | 我们别再拐弯抹角了 |
[19:20] | We need to tackle this head on. | 我们得正面面对问题 |
[19:32] | Open up a line of communication with Moscow. | 跟莫斯科取得联系 |
[19:35] | Tell them I’m coming to the Jordan Valley myself. | 告诉他们我要亲自去约旦河谷 |
[19:37] | Sir, I– | 先生 |
[19:38] | I’m gonna meet with Petrov face to face, on the ground. | 我要在当地跟佩特罗夫面谈 |
[19:40] | – Mr. President, the risk factors of – I’m well aware. | -总统先生 这么做的风险 -我知道 |
[19:42] | I want to be notified the moment that Petrov is on his way. | 佩特罗夫一动身就通知我 |
[19:45] | You work with the CIA and DOD | 你跟中情局和国防部合作 |
[19:46] | to figure out any logistics and security you have to. | 解决一切必要后勤和安全问题 |
[19:49] | Talk to Seth. Let’s start drafting our message. | 找赛斯 开始起草措辞 |
[19:51] | Cathy, I want to sit down with you and Defense, | 凯茜 我要跟你和国防部谈谈 |
[19:53] | and work out bargaining chips. | 看我们有什么筹码 |
[19:54] | Thank you all very much. | 谢谢各位 |
[19:58] | I meant now. | 马上行动 |
[20:07] | – I’m not to be disturbed. – You have a meeting with Mr. Yates. | -不得打扰我 -您安排了跟耶茨先生的见面 |
[20:10] | Have him wait and tell him it might be a while. | 让他等 告诉他我得好一会儿 |
[20:11] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[20:20] | You’re on with Ambassador Moryakov. | 莫里科夫大使为您接通了 |
[20:22] | – Alexi? – You’re wasting your time, Claire. | -亚历克西 -你在浪费时间 克莱尔 |
[20:26] | We can’t let Petrov go. | 我们不能让佩特罗夫去 |
[20:28] | I’m powerless. | 我无能为力 |
[20:30] | Then tell me who we can speak to who can influence him. | 那告诉我能找谁去说动他 |
[20:33] | His mind is made up. No one would dare challenge him on this. | 他心意已决 没人敢为此跟他唱反调 |
[20:37] | All right, then I’ll come to New York. Let’s meet with Caspi. | 好吧 那我去纽约 我们见见卡斯皮 |
[20:39] | We’ll ease Jerusalem’s fears together. | 我们一起安抚耶路撒冷的担心 |
[20:41] | I can’t. I’m on my way to Washington. | 不行 我正要去华盛顿 |
[20:44] | – What for? – The embassy sent for me. | -为什么 -大使馆召我去 |
[20:47] | I’m being recalled. | 我被召回了 |
[20:49] | – Is it because…? – I don’t know. | -是因为… -我不知道 |
[20:51] | Alexi, if you need anything– | 亚历克西 如果你需要什么 |
[20:54] | The ambassador has ended the call, Mrs. Underwood. | 大使已经挂断 安德伍德夫人 |
[21:07] | – Mrs. Underwood. – Hello. | -安德伍德夫人 -你好 |
[21:12] | – Edward? – Wait here a moment. | -艾德华 -稍等 |
[21:16] | Yes, ma’am? | 是 夫人 |
[21:18] | What’s he doing here? | 他来干什么 |
[21:20] | The president wanted to meet with him. | 总统要见他 |
[21:21] | He asked me to have him wait upstairs. | 他叫我安排他去楼上等着 |
[21:22] | – Thank you. – Yes, ma’am. | -谢谢 -夫人 |
[21:28] | If he wants the same terms as we had before, | 如果他的要求还跟此前一样 |
[21:31] | I’ll smooth it over with our NATO allies. | 我会努力说服我们北约的盟国 |
[21:35] | It’s tough to lose Poland, but I think that we can compensate | 失去波兰的确不妙 但我觉得芬兰海 |
[21:38] | with anti-missile subs on patrol here in the Finnish Sea. | 这里巡逻的反导弹潜艇可以起补偿作用 |
[21:41] | Francis? Do you have a moment? | 弗兰西斯 有空吗 |
[21:44] | I’ll be right back. | 我就回来 |
[21:48] | Give us a minute. | 让我们单独谈谈 |
[21:51] | I think this is a mistake. You’re chasing him. | 我觉得这是个错误 你这是追他 |
[21:54] | – Let me work with Israel. – You’ve been working with Israel. | -让我去做以色列的工作 -你一直在做 |
[21:57] | Now there’s a no-fly zone. One step forward, two steps back. | 结果现在闹出个禁飞区 进一步 退两步 |
[21:59] | Diplomacy takes time. | 外交需要时间 |
[22:01] | Iowa is in two months. | 爱荷华两个月后就投票了 |
[22:03] | You can’t let the campaign drive our foreign policy. | 你不能让竞选决定外交政策 |
[22:05] | If I don’t win in Iowa, there is no foreign policy. | 如果我拿不下爱荷华 就没什么外交政策可言了 |
[22:09] | Excuse us, Mr. President. | 抱歉 总统先生 |
[22:11] | Let’s not talk out here. | 我们别在这儿说了 |
[22:13] | If you go to the Jordan Valley, | 如果你去了约旦河谷 |
[22:14] | you have to walk away with a solution. | 就必须谈出个结果来 |
[22:16] | And he knows that, which means he gets all the leverage. | 他也知道 这样筹码就都在他手里了 |
[22:19] | Well, it’s not as if we have much leverage at the moment. | 我们现在也没什么筹码啊 |
[22:22] | He’s going to want the peacekeeping mission out. | 他会希望中止维和任务 |
[22:24] | That’s right. And the missile defense system, too. | 没错 还有拆除导弹防御系统 |
[22:27] | And I’m prepared to give him both if necessary. | 如果有必要 我两样都会满足他 |
[22:30] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[22:31] | Don’t toss the mission aside, Francis. | 别放弃维和任务 弗兰西斯 |
[22:33] | Claire, you’re too invested in this. | 克莱尔 这事你太动感情 |
[22:36] | The mission is dead. | 维和任务已经完了 |
[22:37] | It was dead the moment those troops got blown up. | 那些士兵炸死的时候就完了 |
[22:41] | Your plan failed. I’m sorry. | 你的计划失败了 很抱歉 |
[22:44] | It’s my fault. I approved it. | 是我的错 是我批准了 |
[22:46] | But now, I have to fix it. | 但现在 我得去挽救 |
[22:49] | Why won’t you place faith in a diplomatic solution? | 你为什么不肯相信外交手段 |
[22:51] | This is diplomacy. | 这就是外交 |
[22:53] | Sometimes it comes down to two men in a room. | 有时候就得靠两个人 在一个房间里谈 |
[22:56] | I have no faith in the UN anymore. | 我现在对联合国已经不抱希望了 |
[22:59] | I do have faith in my ability to negotiate with this man. | 但我相信我可以跟此人谈妥 |
[23:03] | Francis, I know you value my opinion. | 弗兰西斯 我知道你看重我的想法 |
[23:05] | Absolutely, above all others. | 当然 超过一切 |
[23:07] | We have both put a great deal of effort | 我们对如何处理俄罗斯 |
[23:08] | and thought into how to handle Russia. | 都耗尽心思和努力 |
[23:10] | I’d like for this to be a decision we make together, | 我希望这次我们能共同做决定 |
[23:13] | instead of an impulsive response– | 而不是冲动地回应… |
[23:15] | – Not right now. – Petrov’s in the air. | -待会儿的 -佩特罗夫起飞了 |
[23:20] | Get Admiral Dale on the line. | 接戴尔海军上将 |
[23:21] | Claire, I value your opinion. | 克莱尔 我看重你的想法 |
[23:23] | I just don’t agree with it this time. | 但我这次不认同你 |
[23:38] | Mr. Yates. | 耶茨先生 |
[23:41] | The president’s gonna have to reschedule. | 总统只能重新安排了 |
[23:55] | Thomas. | 托马斯 |
[23:57] | You give us a few moments, Edward? | 能让我们谈谈吗 艾德华 |
[23:59] | Yes, ma’am. I’ll be by the stairs. | 是 夫人 我就在楼梯处 |
[24:05] | How’s the book coming? | 书写得如何了 |
[24:12] | I’ve hit a bit of a roadblock. | 我有点遇到障碍了 |
[24:15] | There’s a big piece missing. | 缺失了很大一块 |
[24:17] | – What is it? – You. | -是什么 -你 |
[24:21] | He hasn’t… mentioned me at all? | 他完全没提我吗 |
[24:25] | Plenty of times, but… it’s not enough. | 提过很多 但不够 |
[24:28] | What has he said? | 他怎么说的 |
[24:31] | You’re putting me in an awkward position, Mrs. Underwood. | 你这让我很难做啊 安德伍德夫人 |
[24:33] | You don’t want to betray his trust. | 你不想背叛他的信任 |
[24:36] | He and I have an agreement. | 他和我有协议 |
[24:38] | I understand. I shouldn’t pry. I’ll leave you be, then. | 我理解 我不该打听 我不打扰你了 |
[24:42] | He said he loves you more than anything. | 他说他爱你超过一切 |
[24:46] | That there wouldn’t be a White House without you. | 说没有你就不能入主白宫 |
[24:50] | He showed me your first house… in Gaffney. | 他带我去了加夫尼 你们第一个家 |
[24:54] | Where you planted the tulips. | 你种郁金香的地方 |
[24:57] | And he said he was ashamed. | 他说他很羞耻 |
[24:59] | Of what? | 为什么 |
[25:01] | That you married him. Because you deserve better. | 你嫁给了他 因为你能找更好的 |
[25:06] | You should really be in this book, Mrs. Underwood. | 你真的应该出现在这本书里 安德伍德夫人 |
[25:09] | I’ve got a lot of stories from his perspective. | 我有很多从他视角出发的故事 |
[25:10] | Not a single one from yours. | 但没有一个是你的视角 |
[25:12] | Well, he’s the one running for president, not me. | 是他要竞选总统啊 不是我 |
[25:15] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[25:17] | I don’t know. Maybe I’m wrong. | 我也说不好 或许是我错了 |
[25:19] | I think people need to hear your voice to hear his. | 我觉得人们要听听你的声音才能听到他的话 |
[25:22] | Can we set up a time to meet? | 我们可以安排一次见面吗 |
[25:25] | I’ll think about it. Thank you, Thomas. | 我想想吧 谢谢你 托马斯 |
[25:37] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:40] | Seth, this is good, but downplay expectations even more. | 赛斯 这不错 但再把期望降低一些 |
[25:43] | There’s no telling what we’ll walk away with. | 结果还很难说呢 |
[25:44] | – Yes, sir. – We shouldn’t inform the press | -是 先生 -出于安全考虑 |
[25:46] | until after you land, for security purposes. | 我们应该等您着陆再通知媒体 |
[25:48] | Donald… | 唐纳德 |
[25:51] | – If anything should happen to me – I’m prepared. | -如果我出了事 -我准备好了 |
[25:54] | – But nothing will. – God help us. | -但不会有事的 -上帝保佑 |
[25:57] | Danton will walk you through the full brief. | 丹顿会给你完整的情况报告 |
[25:58] | Everything’s set up in the Situation Room. | 战况室都准备好了 |
[26:00] | – Good luck, Mr. President. – Thank you. I’ll be right back. | -好运 总统先生 -谢谢 我就回来 |
[26:07] | Now, listen, I know you have reservations about all this. | 听我说 我知道你对此有反对 |
[26:12] | You’re doing what you think is best. | 你在采取你认为最好的办法 |
[26:15] | Please be careful out there. | 一定小心 |
[26:16] | I will. | 我会的 |
[26:17] | – I love you. – I love you, too. | -我爱你 -我也爱你 |
[26:24] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[26:33] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[26:36] | Hello! Wow! You guys really look alike! | 你好 天呐 你们还真像 |
[26:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:44] | We’re a hugging family. | 我们一家人喜欢抱抱 |
[26:46] | I see. | 看出来了 |
[26:47] | Hi, you must be Francine. | 你是弗朗辛吧 |
[26:50] | – No, I’m not! – She likes Franke better. | -才不是 -她喜欢叫弗朗琪 |
[26:53] | Nice to meet you, Franke. | 认识你很高兴 弗朗琪 |
[26:55] | – No. – Yep. | -不要 -没错 |
[26:57] | – I told you! – Careful. | -我说了吧 -小心点 |
[26:59] | – It’s your Uncle Doug. – Hey, who’s that? | -这是道格叔叔 -这是谁啊 |
[27:01] | Do you want to give your Uncle Doug a hug? | 要去跟道格叔叔抱抱吗 |
[27:02] | Come here, you. | 过来 |
[27:08] | We’ll land in Tel Aviv, | 我们会在特拉维夫市着陆 |
[27:09] | then take a special forces convoy | 然后由特种部队护送 |
[27:11] | from there to the perimeter of the valley. | 至河谷边界 |
[27:13] | The Israelis will provide air support until we get to the valley, | 到达河谷之前 以色列都会提供空中支援 |
[27:16] | then our helos will take over. | 然后我们的直升机接手 |
[27:17] | Once we get to the camp, | 达到营地后 |
[27:18] | the Russians insist on ground units only. | 俄国人坚持我们只保留地面小队 |
[27:21] | We’ll pass through a checkpoint– | 我们会通过一个检查点 |
[27:22] | How secure is this location? | 这里有多安全 |
[27:24] | The position is not fortified to our liking. | 该地点的防守我们并不满意 |
[27:26] | It’s not blast-proof. | 不能防爆 |
[27:28] | Sir, we’re going to ask that you wear your Kevlar and helmet. | 长官 我们要请您穿防弹衣戴头盔 |
[27:31] | Sir? | 先生 |
[27:34] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[27:35] | Why were no press allowed to go? | 为什么没有让记者随行 |
[27:37] | Given the security situation, | 鉴于安全局势 |
[27:38] | we didn’t want to put any press in harm’s way, | 我们不想让记者涉险 |
[27:40] | or risk any hostile elements knowing in advance. | 或冒险让敌方提前得知消息 |
[27:43] | So the president has already landed? | 那么总统已经着陆了吗 |
[27:45] | About 90 minutes ago. | 大概90分钟前 |
[27:47] | Mark. | 马克 |
[27:48] | What exactly does the president hope to achieve? | 总统究竟希望达成什么目的 |
[27:51] | Ideally, we’d like the Russians to vacate the region. | 理想情况是俄方离开该地区 |
[27:54] | We can’t promise that they will. | 但这无法保证 |
[27:56] | But the president hopes | 但总统希望 |
[27:57] | that we can make progress toward a withdrawal. | 我们能就撤兵取得进展 |
[28:00] | Kate. | 凯特 |
[28:01] | This could be seen as an election stunt. | 这可被视为选举作秀 |
[28:02] | He’s trailing Dunbar in the polls, so he wants to save the day. | 他在民调中落后邓巴 所以想挽救大局 |
[28:05] | I guarantee you this is no stunt. | 我保证 这绝非作秀 |
[28:06] | The president is taking extraordinary measures to end this crisis. | 总统为解决这一危机采取了非常手段 |
[29:18] | Господин президент, пожалуйста. | 总统先生 您请 |
[29:21] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[29:30] | You can take your vest off now, Mr. President. | 你现在可以脱下防弹衣了 总统先生 |
[29:33] | – We’re safe here. – You trust these walls? | -这里很安全 -你相信这些墙吗 |
[29:36] | If you’re frightened, you shouldn’t have come. | 你要是害怕 就不该来 |
[29:39] | When I was in the KGB, I spent six months in Afghanistan. | 我在克格勃的时候 在阿富汗待了六个月 |
[29:43] | This place is a palace | 这地方比起 |
[29:44] | compared to the hole in the ground I lived in. | 我当时待的地洞简直是宫殿 |
[29:50] | Here. You should stay hydrated. | 来 你得保持水分 |
[29:53] | – I brought a shipment of water in on my plane. – Thank you. | -我用飞机拉来了一箱水 -谢谢 |
[29:56] | So much for the Israelis stopping our resupply. | 以色列还说要断我们的补给呢 |
[30:01] | I wish we were in the fertile part of the valley, though. | 真希望我们能处在河谷更肥沃的地带 |
[30:04] | I hear it’s quite green and beautiful. | 听说有些地方绿意盎然 十分美丽 |
[30:07] | Well, this is better for pictures. | 这里更合适拍照嘛 |
[30:09] | How do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[30:10] | Well, if you flew into a paradise, | 如果你飞去个天堂般的地方 |
[30:12] | wouldn’t be as effective, now, would it? | 那就没什么效果了 是吧 |
[30:14] | You do have a flair for the theatrical. | 你这人的确有表演天赋 |
[30:16] | I can say the same about you, | 我也可以这么说你 |
[30:18] | showing up on my doorstep like this. | 这样跑到我家门口 |
[30:20] | This isn’t your doorstep. | 这不是你家门口 |
[30:22] | You’re squatting where you shouldn’t be. | 你跑到你不该来的地方了 |
[30:23] | I don’t think my men will see it like that. | 我觉得我的手下可不会那么看 |
[30:27] | Do your men know that | 你的手下可知道 |
[30:28] | you’re responsible for killing their comrades? | 是你杀了他们的同志 |
[30:31] | Accusations. | 指责 |
[30:33] | That’s how you plan to convince me? | 你就打算拿这个说服我吗 |
[30:37] | What do you require to pull out of the valley? | 你要什么才肯撤军 |
[30:41] | That your troops leave as well, | 你方军队也离开 |
[30:43] | and the entire peacekeeping operation. | 结束整个维和行动 |
[30:45] | Well, as soon as your troops withdraw, | 只要俄军一撤离 |
[30:47] | I’ll make sure the UN forces do exactly the same. | 我一定让联合国军队也撤走 |
[30:51] | And you scale back missile defense. | 你还得削减导弹防御 |
[30:54] | As we agreed to twice already. | 就像我们之前曾两次说好的那样 |
[30:56] | That’s when we were making an entirely different deal. | 当时我们的谈判可完全不同 |
[31:00] | The main difference now | 现在最大的区别是 |
[31:01] | is that we’re both standing in the desert, | 如今我们都在沙漠里 |
[31:04] | and you can’t leave with nothing to show but sand in your shoes. | 而你不能只带着一鞋底的沙子出去 |
[31:08] | I’ll agree to the scale-back. Same terms as before. | 我同意削减防御 跟之前的条件一样 |
[31:10] | How soon can you mobilize a withdrawal? | 你多快能开始撤军 |
[31:13] | Well, the moment UN forces begin to pull out, we will do the same. | 联合国军队一撤 我们也会撤的 |
[31:16] | I’ve had the Pentagon | 我已让五角大楼 |
[31:17] | come up with an exit plan that we can put into effect | 制定了一个最早明天就能执行的 |
[31:19] | as early as tomorrow. As for the rest of the UN forces, | 撤退计划 至于其他联合国军队 |
[31:22] | I can reach out to the Secretary General immediately. | 我可以马上联系联合国秘书长 |
[31:25] | You or… your wife? | 你 还是你妻子 |
[31:28] | Well, yes, she would probably make the call on my behalf. | 当然 她大概会代表我去打电话 |
[31:31] | I don’t think she should. | 我觉得还是不要了 |
[31:32] | You think I should make the call? | 你想让我打电话吗 |
[31:34] | More than that. | 不止如此 |
[31:36] | I think she should be gone. | 我觉得她该走人 |
[31:39] | Gone in what way? Gone from these negotiations? | 什么意思 不再参加谈判吗 |
[31:42] | As ambassador. | 不再做大使 |
[31:45] | My final condition. | 这是我最后的条件 |
[31:51] | That cannot be on the table. | 这不能拿来商量 |
[31:52] | It is. And it’s non-negotiable. | 能 而且没得商量 |
[32:03] | Ms. Dempsey. I’m a friend of Lisa’s. | 邓普西女士 我是丽萨的朋友 |
[32:06] | – Uh, Max? – That’s right. | -麦克斯 -对 |
[32:07] | Yes, she told me to tell you she’s running a few minutes behind. | 她叫我告诉你 她要晚一会儿 |
[32:10] | Okay, I’ll just wait outside. Thank you. | 好 那我在外面等 谢谢 |
[32:12] | No, it’s… chilly. | 不 外面太冷 |
[32:13] | You can come on up to her room. | 进来去她房间吧 |
[32:15] | Okay. | 好 |
[32:18] | I just want you to know… I’m so sorry. | 我只想说 我很遗憾 |
[32:22] | Lisa told us and our prayers are with you. | 丽萨告诉我们了 我们都为你祈祷 |
[32:28] | Thank you so much. | 太感谢了 |
[32:31] | She said you and your husband were like parents to her. I see why. | 她说您和丈夫就像她父母 的确不难看出 |
[32:35] | Come on in. | 请进 |
[32:40] | Max, hey. | 麦克斯 |
[32:42] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我迟了 |
[32:44] | Here, I want you to take that back. | 给 拿回去吧 |
[32:46] | No, no, no, that money’s yours. | 不不 这钱是给你的 |
[32:47] | No, I can’t. I can’t take it. | 不 我不能接受 |
[32:49] | Everyone at the fellowship pitched in. | 团契的人一起凑的 |
[32:51] | – Just give it back to ’em. – I can’t. | -还给他们吧 -我不能 |
[32:54] | You said that you needed the money for the medicine. | 你说你需要钱买药的 |
[32:59] | Yeah, sit down. | 坐下吧 |
[33:01] | Sorry, please. | 抱歉 请坐 |
[33:05] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[33:16] | What I’m about to tell you is gonna sound fucked up, | 我要跟你说的事 听上去会很糟糕 |
[33:18] | but just hear me out before you say anything, all right? | 但你说什么之前 先听我说完 好吗 |
[33:23] | Okay. | 好 |
[33:27] | I’m leaving. | 我要走了 |
[33:30] | And I’m not coming back. | 再也不回来了 |
[33:33] | And… I have to leave because I’m in danger. | 我要走 是因为我有危险 |
[33:38] | My name isn’t Max. | 我不叫麦克斯 |
[33:42] | I don’t have AIDS. | 我也没有艾滋 |
[33:43] | – Wait. Hold on. – Let me finish, please. | -等等 -听我说完 拜托了 |
[33:46] | I want to explain everything to you, but I can’t. | 我想向你解释一切 但我不能 |
[33:49] | The less you know, the better. | 你知道得越少越好 |
[33:51] | But listen to me. | 但听我说 |
[33:53] | If the FBI comes here, you can’t say anything. | 如果联调局找来 你什么都不能说 |
[33:56] | You have to tell them you don’t know me. | 你得告诉他们你不认识我 |
[33:57] | – The FBI? – Yes, and if they do, | -联调局 -对 如果他们找来 |
[33:59] | I want you to contact this man. His name is Doug Stamper. | 你去联系这个人 他叫道格·斯坦普 |
[34:03] | – And he can help you. – Max. This is crazy. | -他能帮你 -麦克斯 这太疯狂了 |
[34:07] | It’s not my name. | 那不是我的名字 |
[34:09] | I made it up. I made up everything. | 是我编的 我编造了一切 |
[34:10] | The name, the girlfriend, the clinic. | 名字 女友 诊所 |
[34:12] | No, I was there with you. | 不 我也去了 |
[34:14] | I faked it. I had to. | 我装的 我没办法 |
[34:21] | If you’re not Max… then who are you? | 如果你不是麦克斯 你是谁 |
[34:31] | Take this. He will help you. | 拿着 他会帮你 |
[34:34] | He can protect you. | 他能保护你 |
[34:36] | Please. I know it’s not fair. | 求你 我知道这不公平 |
[34:39] | – Please leave. – Let me leave this with you. | -你走吧 -你得收下这个 |
[34:41] | I don’t want to have anything to do with it. | 我跟这一切毫无关系 |
[34:42] | Please, just take it with you. | 你拿走吧 |
[34:45] | Please leave. | 你走吧 |
[34:48] | You’re a good person, Lisa. | 你是个好人 丽萨 |
[34:51] | I’m just not. | 但我不是 |
[34:54] | And I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[35:06] | What can I offer you instead of her? | 除了她 我还能给你什么 |
[35:09] | Nothing. | 没了 |
[35:10] | What about a humanitarian relief fund, | 人道主义救济金呢 |
[35:13] | for your allies in Africa? | 给你在非洲的盟友 |
[35:15] | You can distribute it any way you see fit. | 你可以随意使用 |
[35:18] | A few billion dollars? I’m not that easily bought. | 几十亿美元吗 我没那么好收买 |
[35:20] | All right, let’s say that we re-examine our base in Izmir. | 那我们重新考虑伊兹密尔的基地呢 |
[35:24] | Congress would never let you. | 国会不会允许的 |
[35:25] | And realistically, | 而且现实点说 |
[35:26] | you’re willing to barter major strategic airfields | 你愿意拿重要战略性空港 |
[35:29] | on account of your wife? | 交换你妻子吗 |
[35:31] | You can’t make this about her. | 你不能把这事扯到她身上 |
[35:33] | She was never equipped to be an ambassador. | 她本来就没资格做大使 |
[35:35] | You know that. | 你很清楚 |
[35:38] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[35:40] | How could you say no to your own wife? | 你怎么能拒绝自己的妻子呢 |
[35:43] | But she’s blinding you. | 但她让你蒙蔽了双眼 |
[35:45] | – I’m doing you a favor. – You are being petty. | -我是在帮你忙 -你这是小心眼 |
[35:51] | The SEAL team you sent. | 你派去的海豹突击队 |
[35:53] | Look how easily we manipulated her. | 看我们多容易就耍了她 |
[35:57] | Moryakov didn’t have to work too hard. | 莫里科夫都没怎么下功夫 |
[36:02] | Did we blow up our own men? | 我们是不是炸死了自家战士 |
[36:05] | Maybe we did. | 或许吧 |
[36:08] | Maybe we didn’t. | 或许没有 |
[36:10] | But we made her believe that we did. | 但我们让她以为我们做了 |
[36:13] | And she convinced you. | 而她说服了你 |
[36:14] | Now, wouldn’t you call that blindness? | 这不叫被蒙蔽吗 |
[36:23] | You want to kill me now. I can see it. | 你现在想杀了我 我看得出 |
[36:31] | I read an amusing article about, um… | 我读过一篇有趣的文章 |
[36:35] | a Civil War re-enactor, | 一个内战情景重现演员 |
[36:38] | who said that your great-great-grandfather | 他说你的曾曾祖父 |
[36:42] | killed a Yankee soldier with his bare hands. | 赤手杀了一名北方兵 |
[36:46] | When I was in Afghanistan, we were ambushed by the Mujahideen. | 我在阿富汗时 我们被圣战组织偷袭了 |
[36:52] | And the man who shot me here and here, | 那个打中我这里和这里的人 |
[36:56] | he stabbed me when his rifle jammed. | 他的枪卡住后 还刺了我一刀 |
[36:59] | I pulled the knife away and slit his throat. | 我把刀拔了出来 割了他的喉 |
[37:01] | Yes, I know, you’ve told that story dozens of times to the press. | 知道 这故事你跟媒体说过十多次了 |
[37:04] | The part I don’t tell is | 但我没说的是 |
[37:06] | that after I slit his throat, I kept going. | 我割了他喉咙之后 我并没停下 |
[37:10] | We strapped his head to a donkey | 我们把他的头绑在一头驴上 |
[37:12] | so it would carry it back to his village. | 让驴把他的头带回他的村子 |
[37:16] | I’ve killed a man with my bare hands. | 我赤手空拳杀过人 |
[37:21] | It wasn’t make-believe. | 那不是故事 |
[37:26] | Do you think you’re capable? | 你觉得你能做到吗 |
[37:36] | I think you are. | 我觉得你能 |
[37:41] | You’re ruthless. | 你无情 |
[37:45] | Like me. | 跟我一样 |
[37:49] | Sometimes we must be ruthless with those who hate us. | 有时候对恨我们的人 我们必须无情 |
[37:55] | And sometimes we must be ruthless with those we love. | 有时候对我们爱的人 也要无情 |
[38:02] | I don’t see why Claire means so much to you. | 我不明白你为什么那么在乎克莱尔 |
[38:07] | Because she means so much to you. | 因为你非常在乎她 |
[38:12] | And if you do this, I will know you’re serious. | 你如果答应 我就知道你是真心的 |
[38:39] | Your wife is on the line, sir. | 您妻子打来了 先生 |
[38:40] | Tell her I’ll call her back. | 告诉她我再回电 |
[38:42] | I’ve told her that twice now. | 我已经说两次了 |
[38:43] | – Tell her again. – Yes, sir. | -再说 -是 先生 |
[38:52] | You don’t have to do that, Sarah. | 你不用洗的 萨拉 |
[38:53] | I don’t mind. It doesn’t take long. | 没事 不费事的 |
[38:54] | No, no. Let us do it. You go relax. | 没事 我们洗吧 你去放松 |
[38:56] | I’ll move the monsters in a few minutes. | 我待会儿就抱俩小坏蛋上床 |
[38:58] | – Okay. – All right. | -好 -好 |
[39:01] | See you in bed. | 床上见 |
[39:03] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[39:20] | I wish I could sleep like that. | 真希望我能睡那么香 |
[39:25] | You ever think of settling down? | 你考虑过成家吗 |
[39:27] | Gettin’ a couple of these for yourself? | 自己也生俩孩子 |
[39:30] | Hasn’t ever crossed my mind. | 从没想过 |
[39:32] | Never? | 从没 |
[39:34] | It’s not for me. A life like that. | 这不适合我 这种生活 |
[39:38] | You mean a life like mine? | 我这种生活吗 |
[39:40] | – That’s not what I said. – I know you’ve always felt that way. | -我没那么说 -我知道你一直这么想 |
[39:45] | A mortgage, nine to five, wife, two kids, a dog. | 房贷 朝九晚五 妻子 俩孩子 一条狗 |
[39:49] | No. | 不是 |
[39:50] | It’s just my freedom’s important to me. | 我就是重视自由 |
[39:53] | I’m freer than you are, pal. | 我比你自由多了 伙计 |
[39:57] | I stayed in Columbus because I liked it, | 我待在哥伦布是因为喜欢 |
[39:59] | not because anybody made me. | 又不是有谁逼我 |
[40:01] | I chose to put down roots. | 我选择了扎根 |
[40:03] | You’ve always been running from something. | 而你一直在逃避 |
[40:05] | Hey, I don’t judge you. Don’t judge me. | 我可没对你指手画脚 你也别来说我 |
[40:07] | Listen to your big brother for a second. | 就听你哥哥说一句 |
[40:08] | No, last thing I need is a lecture right now. | 不 我现在最不需要的就是教训 |
[40:13] | During your whole recovery, | 你整个恢复期间 |
[40:14] | all you kept talking about was getting back to work. | 一直说着要回去工作 |
[40:17] | Over a month I’ve been here, | 我来了一个月 |
[40:18] | using all my vacation time and then some. | 用我自己的假期 还请了假 |
[40:20] | If you don’t want to be here, then maybe you should go home. | 你如果不想来 那就回家啊 |
[40:22] | It’s not about that, Doug. | 不是为这个 道格 |
[40:25] | I’m here because you’re family. | 我来是因为你是我的亲人 |
[40:29] | Because you’re more important than work. | 因为你比工作更重要 |
[40:33] | If I lost my job because of you, I’d find another one. | 我要是因为你丢了工作 我就另找个 |
[40:37] | What do you have? | 你有什么 |
[40:39] | Frank Underwood? You don’t even have that. | 弗兰克·安德伍德吗 这你都没有 |
[40:45] | You got two pictures on your fridge, | 你冰箱上有两张照片 |
[40:47] | and they’re of my kids. | 还是我的孩子 |
[40:50] | That’s not freedom. | 这不叫自由 |
[41:14] | Petrov wants a diplomatic change. | 佩特罗夫要求外交人事变动 |
[41:17] | At the UN. | 联合国的人事 |
[41:20] | – Me. – It was non-negotiable. | -我 -没得商量 |
[41:29] | Clearly, you didn’t say no. | 你显然没有拒绝 |
[41:31] | I wanted to discuss it with you first. | 我想先跟你商量 |
[41:38] | I called more than once. | 我打了好几次 |
[41:42] | I wanted to convince myself to refuse what he asked. | 我想说服自己拒绝他 |
[41:46] | But… I couldn’t do that. | 但我做不到 |
[41:48] | I told you it was a mistake to go, Francis. | 我就说你去是在犯错 弗兰西斯 |
[41:51] | And the resolution was a mistake. And Corrigan was a mistake. | 决议案也是错呢 科里根也是个错误 |
[41:54] | We could tally up all our mistakes, but we are where we are. | 我们可以一个个细数错误 但情况就是这样 |
[41:57] | I need to concentrate on what’s in front of me right now. | 我现在得专心解决眼前的问题 |
[42:01] | I am. I’m in front of you. | 我 我就在你眼前 |
[42:07] | The Russians need to leave. It’s as simple as that. | 俄国必须撤军 就这么简单 |
[42:10] | You want me to say this is okay. | 你要我说这样没事 |
[42:12] | No. | 不 |
[42:13] | Francis, I would’ve preferred | 弗兰西斯 我更希望 |
[42:15] | if you had walked in and just told me I was fired. | 你直接走进来 告诉我我被解雇了 |
[42:17] | They played you, Claire. | 他们耍了你 克莱尔 |
[42:20] | Moryakov was not having some crisis of conscience. | 莫里科夫根本不是良心发现 |
[42:24] | It was all so that we would send our SEAL team in. | 全是为了骗我们派海豹突击队去 |
[42:27] | So that we would provoke the Israelis. | 好让我们激怒以色列 |
[42:30] | And I didn’t see it, because I trusted you too much. | 我没看出来 因为我太信任你了 |
[42:34] | I didn’t look at it objectively… | 我没能客观地思考 |
[42:38] | because you’re my wife. | 因为你是我妻子 |
[42:42] | – Petrov told you that? – Yes. | -佩特罗夫说的 -是 |
[42:44] | – And you believe him? – I do. | -你相信他 -是的 |
[42:52] | I’ll resign. | 我会辞职 |
[42:55] | I wish it didn’t have to come to this. | 真希望不用走到这一步 |
[43:00] | What do we say to the press? | 我们怎么跟媒体说 |
[43:06] | That you want to focus on the campaign, | 你想专注于竞选 |
[43:07] | that that was your plan all along. | 本来就如此打算 |
[43:10] | That I want to see this crisis through, first. | 但我想先看到危机解决 |
[43:12] | No one will question that. | 没人会质疑的 |
[43:16] | Tell Petrov. | 告诉佩特罗夫 |
[43:18] | And I will… | 我会 |
[43:21] | make the announcement whenever you want me to. | 在你需要的时候宣布 |
[43:24] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[43:26] | You were right. I shouldn’t have gone. | 你说得对 我不该去 |
[43:32] | It was your decision to make. Not mine. | 那是你该做的决定 不是我 |
[43:36] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[43:44] | My decision. | 我的决定 |
[43:50] | Sometimes I think the presidency… | 有时候我觉得总统之位 |
[43:55] | is the illusion of choice. | 是有选择的假象 |
[44:22] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[44:24] | I have to go to the White House. | 我得去白宫 |
[44:26] | It’s the middle of the night. | 这大半夜的 |
[44:28] | He’s the president. | 他是总统啊 |
[44:49] | Thank you, Meechum. | 谢谢 密查姆 |
[44:54] | Have a seat. | 坐吧 |
[45:02] | I wake you up? | 我吵醒你了 |
[45:04] | It’s fine. | 没事 |
[45:06] | I’m a light sleeper anyway. | 反正我睡觉不实 |
[45:08] | If it wasn’t you, it would’ve been a siren or a dump truck. | 就算不是你 警笛 垃圾车也能吵醒我 |
[45:13] | I get woken up in the middle of the night all the time. | 我经常大半夜被吵醒 |
[45:17] | Some crisis somewhere in the world. | 世界什么地方出现危机了 |
[45:21] | Some… situation… | 战况室 |
[45:24] | in the Situation Room. | 出现了什么情况 |
[45:27] | Well, that’s better than a dump truck. | 比垃圾车好多了 |
[45:40] | You reached out to Tim Corbet. | 你去找了蒂姆·科贝特 |
[45:43] | I did. | 是啊 |
[45:46] | I spoke to him a few days ago. | 我几天前跟他通了话 |
[45:48] | He called to let me know. | 他专程打来通知我 |
[45:51] | So you two are still close. | 那么你俩很亲密了 |
[45:53] | Not anymore. | 现在不是了 |
[45:54] | At school we were. | 在学校时是很亲密 |
[45:57] | I thought he might have some insight to how you were back then. | 我觉得他可能知道你当时是什么样子 |
[46:00] | Those are formative years. | 渐渐成熟起来的时期 |
[46:02] | More formative for you than for me. | 可能对你更有价值 |
[46:04] | I learned how to march and shoot a gun, that’s about it. | 我也就是学会了走正步和开枪 |
[46:12] | I would’ve been better off in military school. | 我要是去了军事学院的确会更好 |
[46:14] | Yeah? Why’s that? | 是吗 为什么 |
[46:17] | You go from turning tricks to being on the bestseller list | 还不到合法喝酒的年纪 就从男妓 |
[46:21] | before you can legally drink, it messes with you. | 一跃成为畅销书作家 这对人没好处 |
[46:25] | You told me your friend was the one who, uh… | 你告诉我是你朋友… |
[46:29] | I lied. | 我撒谎了 |
[46:31] | Why? You ashamed? | 为什么 觉得耻辱吗 |
[46:43] | First time I did it, I was scared out of my mind. | 我第一次那么做 简直吓死了 |
[46:48] | I knock on the door, it opens… | 我敲门 门开了 |
[46:52] | guy’s in a satin robe. | 那人穿了缎子睡袍 |
[46:54] | He’s fat. | 他很胖 |
[46:57] | Stringy hair, combed over his bald spot. | 头发粘粘的 梳过来盖住了秃顶的地方 |
[47:01] | Beads of sweat rolling down his cheeks. | 脸上汗如雨下 |
[47:04] | I almost ran back to the elevator. | 我差点掉头跑回电梯了 |
[47:08] | But you didn’t. | 但你没有 |
[47:12] | No. | 没有 |
[47:14] | I needed the money. | 我需要钱 |
[47:18] | Before I got undressed… | 我脱衣服之前 |
[47:22] | he tells me that his wife just died. | 他告诉我他妻子刚死了 |
[47:27] | Car accident. | 车祸 |
[47:31] | Says they had plans to visit Tokyo in the spring. | 他说他们本打算春天去东京玩 |
[47:34] | Tells me about his three kids. | 还跟我说起了他的三个孩子 |
[47:36] | The one that was born with a cleft palate. | 有一个生来唇腭裂 |
[47:39] | Describes his house in Westchester, | 描述了他韦斯切斯特的房子 |
[47:43] | with a Juliet balcony in the living room. | 有阳台 有起居室 |
[47:46] | Says how beautiful she was. | 还说她是多么美 |
[47:51] | Tells me he doesn’t want to die. | 告诉我他不想死 |
[47:55] | Never touched me once. | 根本没碰我 |
[48:04] | Sometimes it was just sex. | 有时候只是性 |
[48:06] | But a lot of times, it wasn’t. | 但更多时候不是的 |
[48:12] | They would tell me everything. | 他们什么都告诉我 |
[48:15] | These men. | 这些人 |
[48:17] | That access. | 那种窥视 |
[48:19] | Those stories. | 那些秘密 |
[48:22] | It was an addiction. | 让人上瘾 |
[48:25] | I craved it. | 我渴望它 |
[48:26] | I lived for it. | 我期盼它 |
[48:28] | And then you wrote about it. | 然后你给写下来 |
[48:31] | When I got famous… | 我成名后 |
[48:35] | I had to stop. | 我只能收手 |
[48:37] | I tried it once, I got recognized. | 我又做了一次 被人认了出来 |
[48:42] | I wasn’t invisible anymore. | 我不再是透明人了 |
[48:45] | I couldn’t escape myself. | 我无法逃离自己 |
[48:50] | I wish I could do that sometimes. | 有时候 我希望我也能做到 |
[48:56] | Escape myself. | 逃离自己 |
[48:58] | Is it Claire? | 是因为克莱尔吗 |
[49:01] | You didn’t ask me here to talk about Tim Corbet. | 你叫我来不是为了蒂姆·科贝特 |
[49:07] | What’s in this for you? | 你有什么好处 |
[49:10] | I’m addicted. | 我上瘾 |
[49:12] | To me? | 对我吗 |
[49:21] | I betrayed her. | 我背叛了她 |
[49:24] | How? | 怎么回事 |
[49:30] | I’m not asking as your biographer. | 我不是作为你的传记作者问你 |
[49:34] | I’m asking as your friend. | 我是作为你的朋友问你 |
[49:49] | Are we friends? | 我们是朋友吗 |
[49:54] | We could pretend to be. | 我们可以装成朋友 |
[50:02] | This isn’t pretend. | 这不是装 |
[50:09] | I’m real. | 我是真的 |
[50:13] | You’re hurting. | 你在伤心 |
[50:17] | She’s hurting more. | 她更伤心 |
[50:27] | Everyone’s hurting. | 人人都有伤心事 |
[50:51] | Go home. | 回家吧 |
[50:55] | You should get some sleep. | 去睡会儿 |
[50:57] | And so should I. | 我也该睡了 |
[51:13] | Thirty years is a long time. | 三十年时间不短啊 |
[51:16] | You’ve made it this far. | 你们都走到这一步了 |
[51:43] | Okay! | 好啦 |
[51:47] | Double! | 双重攻击 |
[51:57] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[52:32] | I didn’t hear you come back. | 我没听到你回来 |
[52:34] | I didn’t want to wake you. | 我不想吵你 |
[52:44] | – What is it? – Mid-East bureau. | -怎么了 -中东分局 |
[52:45] | They say the Russians are pulling out their troops. | 说俄国人撤军了 |
[52:50] | Whatever he did out there must have worked. | 他的努力显然是成功了 |
[52:55] | I wonder what it cost him. | 不知道他付出了什么 |
[53:04] | We ran the different looks by a couple of focus groups. | 我们找了两个焦点小组做调查 |
[53:07] | These are the three favorites. | 这三个扮相最受欢迎 |
[53:12] | Not this one. | 这个不要 |
[53:16] | Uh, this one. What do you think? | 这个吧 怎么样 |
[53:18] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[53:19] | – The hair color as well? – Do you mind going back to blonde? | -发色也要染吗 -介意回归金发吗 |
[53:23] | I’d prefer it dark. | 我更喜欢深色 |
[53:25] | The groups, in Iowa, in particular, they like the blonde. | 焦点小组 尤其是爱荷华州的 喜欢金发 |
[53:30] | Fine. We’ll go blonde then. | 好吧 那就金发 |
[53:32] | You’re popular among women. | 你在女性中深受欢迎 |
[53:34] | We want to push those numbers as high as we can, | 我们想尽可能提高支持率 |
[53:36] | and every little bit counts. | 一点一滴都很重要 |
[53:38] | You don’t have to explain. We’ll do the color change | 你不用解释 宣布辞职后 |
[53:40] | after we announce the resignation. | 就染发 |
[53:42] | Thanks, Abbie. | 谢谢 艾伯 |
[53:47] | If you don’t want to, you don’t have to do this. | 如果你不想 就不必这么做 |
[53:50] | It’s fine. | 没事 |
[53:51] | The nomination is not gonna hinge on your hair. | 提不提名 不会靠你的头发 |
[53:53] | You heard what Abbie said. Every little bit counts. | 你听到艾伯的话了 一点一滴都很重要 |
[53:58] | We’ll do what we have to. | 我们做我们该做的 |
[54:18] | 奥巴马刚刚就任不久 就在讲话中对巴勒斯坦流露出许多同情 令盟友以色列政府大为光火 2011年 由于不满奥巴马的讲话 到华盛顿访问的以色列总理内塔尼亚胡 在记者面前对奥巴马很不客气 大段大段地讲述中东历史 把美国总统当作小学生一般 随后在G20峰会上 奥巴马同法国总统萨科齐 私下抱怨内塔尼亚胡的言论意外曝光 记者听到萨科齐指责内塔尼亚胡是”说谎者” 而奥巴马则无奈地回答 “你受够了他 可我还不得不每天跟他打交道” 这段对话曝光后 奥巴马同内塔尼亚胡的关系更是跌至冰点 | |
[54:43] | 最近一段时间 由于以色列反对白宫同伊朗正在进行的谈判 美以关系愈发紧张 今年年初 内塔尼亚胡接受众议院议长博纳的邀请到美国国会发表演讲 但是由于这个安排事先没有知会白宫 令奥巴马大为光火 遂以”不在外国领导人选举前举行国事会见”为由 拒绝在内塔尼亚胡来访时同他会面 同时在白宫的支持下 国会大批民主党议员也借故决定不出席内塔尼亚胡的演讲 白宫也把副总统拜登和国务卿克里安排到国外访问 这样内塔尼亚胡3月初到访美国时 只能去国会山给半个国会做个演讲 白宫却要把他拒之门外 |