时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Mayda slides her fingers in… | 梅达把她的手指… |
[00:10] | all the way up to her… her wedding ring. | 一直伸进她的婚戒里 |
[00:14] | She pushes you onto your back and leans down. | 她把你推倒 然后倾下身来 |
[00:20] | Puts the fingers into your mouth so you can… taste them. | 把手指伸进你嘴里 让你尝到 |
[00:26] | The gold of the ring… | 戒指的金味儿 |
[00:32] | You could taste the sting of the metal on your tongue… | 你的舌尖可以尝到金属的腥味儿 |
[00:37] | mixed with the taste of her cunt. | 混合着她的屄味儿 |
[00:42] | She leans down, whispers in your ear, | 她倾下身来 冲你的耳朵低语 |
[00:45] | “I love you, Gagik. | “我爱你 加吉克 |
[00:49] | I love you.” | 我爱你” |
[00:50] | – I’m close, man. – She straddles you, pulls you inside… | -我就要来了 -她跨着你 把你拉进体内 |
[00:53] | grinds her hips back and forth, back and forth– | 她的臀部前后摩挲 来回摩擦 |
[01:09] | Ah, damn, you’re good with words. | 该死 你真会说 |
[02:52] | “…New Hampshire for over 200 years. | “…新罕布什尔两百年来 |
[02:55] | There’ve been ups and downs along the way. | 一直有些起起落落 |
[02:57] | Like the big A-mos-ke-ag.” | 就像大埃默斯基格” |
[03:00] | Am… Amos– | 埃默 埃默斯 |
[03:03] | Do you have her? | 联系到她了吗 |
[03:07] | She won’t get on the phone. | 她不肯接电话 |
[03:08] | – Then get her detail on the phone. – I did. | -那就打给她的保安 -我打了 |
[03:12] | They can’t force her to talk to you, sir. | 他们不能逼她跟您说话 先生 |
[03:16] | We need to think about what to say when I show up at this event | 我们得考虑我单独出席活动 她不在身边时 |
[03:18] | and she’s not with me. | 该说什么 |
[03:20] | And I don’t want to make it worse by mispronouncing this. | 我不想读错词 让情况更糟 |
[03:22] | How do you say this com.funword.word? | 这个词怎么读 |
[03:23] | They didn’t put in the goddamn phonetics in this speech! | 他们怎么不给讲话注音 |
[03:26] | And I can’t be expected to look this shit up myself! | 又不能让我自己去查 |
[03:30] | I’ll find out for you, sir. | 我去替您查 先生 |
[03:41] | And of course, there’s been… | 当然 这些年来… |
[03:42] | “…ups and downs along the way.” | “一直有些起起落落” |
[03:44] | Like the big Amoskeag strike in the 1920s | 就像20年代为薪酬和工时而举行的 |
[03:47] | over pay and hours. | 大埃默斯基格罢工 |
[03:49] | But this industry survived that as well. | 但这个行业也还是挺过来了 |
[03:56] | And all of you in this room have been carrying on a tradition | 这间屋子里的每个人都在传承一个传统 |
[03:58] | that goes back to the beginning of this country, | 始于国家创始之初的传统 |
[04:01] | and that’s something you have to be very, very proud of! | 你们应该为此感到万分骄傲 |
[04:08] | “But there’s another tradition in this state: | “但这个州还有一项传统 |
[04:10] | Live Free or Die. | 不自由毋宁死 |
[04:12] | Now, my wife–“ | 我妻子…” |
[04:35] | There’s another tradition in this state: | 这个州还有一项传统 |
[04:38] | Live Free or Die. | 不自由毋宁死 |
[04:40] | Live Free or Die. | 不自由毋宁死 |
[04:48] | Now, of course, as some of you may read in the papers, | 当然 你们中一些人可能在报纸上读到了 |
[04:51] | and, uh, hear from the television pundits | 也听到电视上的权威人士说了 |
[04:53] | that my opponent has a ten-point lead here in New Hampshire. | 我的对手在新罕布什尔有10个百分点的领先 |
[04:57] | But… | 但是 |
[05:01] | you’re not gonna let polls and pundits tell you what to do. | 你们不能让民调和权威人士指挥你们 |
[05:05] | – No! – Or tell you how to vote on Election Day. | -不 -或是告诉你们选举日该怎么投票 |
[05:09] | You are gonna show them that New Hampshire makes up its own mind. | 你们要让他们知道新罕布什尔人民能自己做主 |
[05:16] | Thank you! Thank you all for coming out today. | 谢谢 谢谢大家今天前来 |
[05:20] | And God bless America. Thank you. | 天佑美国 谢谢 |
[05:26] | Underwood! Underwood! Underwood! | 安德伍德 安德伍德 |
[05:29] | Thank you very much. Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 非常感谢 谢谢 |
[05:31] | Thank you all. Thank you all very much. | 谢谢大家 非常感谢 |
[05:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:35] | She landed in Dallas ten minutes ago. | 她10分钟前在达拉斯降落了 |
[05:37] | Our story is she’s down there laying groundwork for the primary. | 我们的说法是她去为初选打基础了 |
[05:39] | That only gives us a day or two. | 这只能给我们一两天时间 |
[05:41] | If she’s not doing events, they’ll think we’re hiding something. | 如果她不参加活动 他们会觉得我有所隐瞒 |
[05:43] | You think she’ll stay put on the ranch? | 你觉得她会待在农场吗 |
[05:44] | I have no idea. You keep track of all of her movements. | 我不知道 你盯住她一切活动 |
[05:47] | Visitors, names, times, | 访客 是谁 次数 |
[05:48] | the color of their shit and how much it stinks. | 他们拉的屎什么颜色 臭不臭 |
[05:50] | – Yes, sir. – And I want you on a plane. | -是 先生 -你这就上飞机 |
[05:52] | – Back to Washington? – Down to Texas. | -回华盛顿吗 -去德克萨斯州 |
[06:58] | – Where is she? – The master bedroom. | -她在哪 -主卧 |
[07:28] | Mrs. Hale mentioned that she might take a nap. | 黑尔太太提到她可能要打个盹 |
[07:32] | Is my room made up? | 我的房间布置好了吗 |
[07:34] | It’s being dusted right now. | 正在掸尘 |
[07:35] | – I’d like to take a look. – Yes, ma’am. | -我想看看 -是 女士 |
[08:29] | Well, Texas is an important state. | 德州很重要 |
[08:31] | Nearly 10% of the delegates we need for the nomination. | 获得提名我们需要10%的代表 |
[08:33] | But you said the First Lady would be here with you today. | 但您说第一夫人今天会陪您一起来的 |
[08:36] | Yes, well, when we assessed things this morning, | 是啊 今早我们考虑了一下 |
[08:37] | we felt good about New Hampshire. | 对新罕布什尔很有信心 |
[08:39] | I mean, look at this crowd, the enthusiasm. | 看看这群人 看他们多热情 |
[08:41] | Hello, hello. Oh, my goodness. | 你好 你好 我的老天 |
[08:43] | Hello there, aren’t you a cutie? What’s your name? | 你好 你真是可爱 叫什么名字 |
[08:46] | – Gabby. – Hello, Gabby. | -盖比 -你好 盖比 |
[08:47] | Anyway, we wanted to start looking ahead. | 总之 我们想计划未来 |
[08:49] | Claire’s from Texas, | 克莱尔就是德州人 |
[08:50] | so it made sense for her to head down there early. | 所以她提前过去也是应该的 |
[08:52] | Hello. Hello. Thank you for coming out. | 你好 你好 谢谢你们前来 |
[08:55] | I can’t do my job if you keep me in the dark. | 你不告诉我情况我就没法做工作 |
[08:57] | All you need to know is what you put out in the statement. | 你只需要知道你要往声明里写的内容 |
[08:59] | – Was it an argument? – Seth. | -是吵架了吗 -赛斯 |
[09:01] | Look, I’m working 20 hours a day here on a normal day | 听着 我每天忙着竞选的各种事 |
[09:03] | with the campaign in full swing, and now this is on my plate? | 就要干20个小时了 现在还要应付这个 |
[09:05] | Look, I can do damage control, | 我可以控制损害 |
[09:06] | but I have to know what the damage is. | 但我得知道损害是什么 |
[09:09] | Okay. I’ll fill you in. Let me get up to my room. | 好吧 我告诉你 我先去我房间 |
[09:13] | Welcome to Dallas. | 欢迎来达拉斯 |
[09:15] | Or maybe it’s a decoy, | 或许是个诱饵 |
[09:16] | trying to lure us into making ad-buys in Texas. | 想骗我们在德州买广告 |
[09:18] | That would explain why it wasn’t announce as part of her schedule. | 那就能解释这为什么没写进她的日程了 |
[09:21] | Have you spoken to our friends in Dallas? | 你跟我们在达拉斯的朋友通过话了吗 |
[09:22] | No meetings or calls. | 没见人 没打电话 |
[09:24] | If she were making the rounds, we’d know. | 如果她有活动 我们会知道的 |
[09:25] | Well, they’re either excellent at covering their tracks, | 他们要么是很会掩盖 |
[09:27] | or something’s up. | 要么就是出事了 |
[09:29] | – Like what? – I don’t know, but I wanna find out. | -什么事 -不知道 但我想知道 |
[09:36] | She’s gonna fucking leave me. My kid in her belly. | 她要离开我 她怀着我的孩子呢 |
[09:41] | And she gonna act like I never existed. | 她却要假装我根本不存在 |
[09:44] | Probably pawned the wedding ring already. | 大概都把婚戒给当掉了 |
[09:52] | – How many is that? – Two more. | -多少了 -还差两个 |
[10:01] | – Can you blame her, though? – Yeah, I can blame her. | -你能怪她吗 -能 我能 |
[10:03] | I gave her everything. She gonna rob me of my kid? | 我给了她一切 她要夺走我的孩子 |
[10:07] | He’s gonna be in high school before you’re out. | 他上高中时 你还出不去呢 |
[10:09] | I’ll still be his fucking father. | 那我也还是他父亲 |
[10:10] | You gotta let them move on, man. | 你得让他们向前看 |
[10:12] | – It’s unfair not to. – Let me tell you about unfair. | -否则不公平 -我告诉你什么不公平 |
[10:15] | Okay? Unfair is I’m even in here, | 好吗 我进来就不公平 |
[10:17] | and that fucking bitch doesn’t even know it. | 那贱婊子都不知道 |
[10:19] | She thinks I belong in this shithole? | 她以为我活该进来 |
[10:25] | You did kill a guy. | 你杀了人啊 |
[10:32] | – Are you saying you didn’t? – I didn’t say shit. | -你是说你没杀吗 -我没那么说 |
[10:34] | Because I… | 因为我 |
[10:36] | I had my doubts. | 我有过怀疑 |
[10:39] | What do you mean your doubts? | 什么意思 |
[10:41] | Just… | 就是 |
[10:43] | never struck me as a killer, that’s all. | 从没觉得你是个杀人犯 仅此而已 |
[10:47] | You don’t know what I am! | 你不了解我 |
[10:51] | Come on! | 拜托 |
[10:53] | Let up! I can’t breathe. | 放开 我无法呼吸了 |
[11:05] | All I’m saying is… | 我只是说 |
[11:09] | I interviewed a lot of murder suspects | 我做犯罪新闻的时候 |
[11:10] | when I was on the crime beat. | 采访过很多杀人嫌犯 |
[11:16] | I think you’re innocent. | 我觉得你是无辜的 |
[11:21] | I think you didn’t do it. | 我觉得你没杀人 |
[11:27] | These guys, they’ll skin you alive. | 那些人 他们会活剥了你 |
[11:31] | Make you watch in a mirror while they do it. | 还逼着你对着镜子看着他们那么做 |
[11:33] | What guys? | 什么人 |
[11:37] | You ever hear of Armenian Power in LA? | 听说过洛杉矶的亚美尼亚帮吗 |
[11:39] | – No. – Their top guy. | -没有 -他们的头号人物 |
[11:45] | No way that motherfucker was going to jail, huh? | 那混蛋肯定不会进监狱啊 |
[11:49] | I didn’t have a choice. | 我没有选择 |
[11:51] | So, you didn’t do it? | 那么你没做喽 |
[11:54] | It doesn’t matter what I did or what I didn’t do. | 我做了什么没做什么无所谓 |
[11:59] | It matters what I said I did. | 重要的是我说我做了什么 |
[12:01] | Who did you take the fall for? | 你是为谁背锅 |
[12:24] | A national Wall Street Telegraph poll finds | 《华尔街电讯报》的一项全国民调显示 |
[12:26] | Governor Conway leading the Republican field | 康威州长在共和党竞选中处于领先 |
[12:28] | with 48% of GOP primary voters saying he’s their first choice, | 48%的共和党初选选民表示他是他们的首选 |
[12:34] | over 20% more than any other candidate. | 超过其他候选人20% |
[12:37] | Conway has had a dramatic ascent | 康威自2015年5月 |
[12:39] | since he announced his candidacy in May of 2015. | 宣布参选后支持率就扶摇直上 |
[12:42] | In another Wall Street Telegraph poll conducted at the time, | 当时《华尔街电讯报》的另一项民调显示 |
[12:45] | he only captured 18% of GOP primary voters. | 他只俘获了18%的共和党初选选民 |
[12:49] | Many felt that his young age and his lack of… | 很多人认为他的年轻和缺乏… |
[12:51] | Meechum! | 密查姆 |
[12:55] | – Yes, sir? – Claire’s clothes are here. | -是 先生 -克莱尔的衣服也在这里 |
[12:57] | I’ll get Advance. | 我去叫先遣的人 |
[12:58] | Along with his campaign’s focus | 以及他竞选对 |
[12:59] | on his successful tenure as Governor of New York, | 他成功的纽约州州长任期的强调 |
[13:02] | his service in the Air… | 他的服役记录… |
[13:03] | My apologies, sir. | 抱歉 先生 |
[13:04] | Her wardrobe shipped last night and we neglected to adjust. | 她的衣服是昨晚运来的 我们忘记做调整了 |
[13:07] | – All right, just get it out. – Yes, sir. | -好吧 拿出去就是了 -是 先生 |
[13:09] | Hundreds of supporters lined up | 他在爱荷华州的每场活动 |
[13:10] | at nearly every one of his Iowa events, | 都有上百名支持者排队等候 |
[13:12] | sometimes numbering in the thousands. | 有时甚至是上千人 |
[13:15] | Prominent in the crowd were military veterans. | 人群里格外突出的是退伍军人 |
[13:18] | Conway’s grandfather was a Navy chief warrant officer | 康威的祖父是海军一级准将 |
[13:21] | who fought in the Pacific theater of World War II. | 曾在二战中在太平洋战场作战 |
[13:24] | – Conway’s approach has been likened… – Meechum. | -康威的表现被与… -密查姆 |
[13:25] | …to that of John F. Kennedy’s 1960 presidential campaign. | 1960年的约翰·F·肯尼迪总统竞选相提并论 |
[13:30] | A combination of public charm and personal poise. | 既有公共场合的魅力 又有私下里的从容 |
[13:33] | Last week, at a campaign event… | 上周 在一个竞选活动上… |
[13:35] | This morning when you went into her room… | 今早你去她房间里时 |
[13:38] | Uh, I told her we were leaving soon. | 我告诉她我们就要出发了 |
[13:40] | She just… | 她… |
[13:42] | She was looking at a photograph… | 她在看一张照片 |
[13:45] | of the mandala, the one you gave her. | 是您给她的那个曼荼罗 |
[13:47] | …event in Manchester, but without the First Lady. | …曼彻斯特的活动 但第一夫人不在身侧 |
[13:51] | – Reports from the Underwood administration… – Good night, sir. | -安德伍德政府的声明 -晚安 先生 |
[13:53] | …have stated that Claire Underwood… | 表示克莱尔·安德伍德 |
[13:55] | – Keep me company for a bit. – Sir? | -陪我一会儿 -先生 |
[13:58] | You just have a seat. I’ve got some reading that I have to do. | 坐吧 我得看会儿东西 |
[14:02] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[14:03] | But you said the First Lady would be here with you today. | 但您说第一夫人今天会陪您一起来的 |
[14:06] | Yes, well, when we assessed things this morning, | 是啊 今早我们考虑了一下 |
[14:07] | we felt good about New Hampshire. | 对新罕布什尔很有信心 |
[14:09] | I mean, look at this crowd, the enthusiasm. | 看看这群人 看他们多热情 |
[14:11] | Hello, hello. Oh, my goodness. | 你好 你好 我的老天 |
[14:13] | Hello there, aren’t you a cutie? What’s your name? | 你好 你真是可爱 叫什么名字 |
[14:16] | – Gabby. – Hello, Gabby. | -盖比 -你好 盖比 |
[14:18] | Turn that off. | 把那关掉 |
[14:19] | Claire’s from Texas, | 克莱尔就是德州人 |
[14:20] | so it made sense for her to head down there early. | 所以她提前过去也是应该的 |
[14:22] | Hello. Hello. Thank you for coming out. | 你好 你好 谢谢你们前来 |
[14:25] | “Hmm, aren’t you a cutie?” | “你真是可爱” |
[16:53] | – What are you doing? – You fell asleep, sir. | -你干什么 -您睡着了 先生 |
[16:56] | Your glasses, I was… | 您的眼镜 我… |
[16:59] | I’m sorry, sir. I didn’t mean to… | 对不起 先生 我不是有意… |
[17:02] | – You all right, sir? – No. | -您没事吧 先生 -有事 |
[17:04] | I mean, yes. I’m just… | 我是说 没事 我就是… |
[17:07] | – Can I get you anything? Some water? – I’m fine. | -您需要点什么吗 水 -不用 |
[17:10] | It’s late. You should get some sleep. | 很晚了 你该睡会儿了 |
[17:12] | I’ll stay if you like. | 如果您需要我就留下 |
[17:16] | I think I’d like to be alone, but thank you. | 我想一个人待着 不过谢谢你了 |
[17:19] | Of course, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[17:41] | Watch your step, please. | 请小心脚下 |
[17:54] | – LeAnn. – Mrs. Underwood. | -莉安 -安德伍德夫人 |
[17:58] | – Let’s take a walk. – Of course. | -我们去散个步吧 -好 |
[18:02] | You’ve made the Democrats relevant again in a very red state. | 你让一个红[共和党]州又关心起了民主党 |
[18:05] | You want me to help ramp up the Texas operation? | 你要我为德州的活动助势吗 |
[18:08] | No, I’m not here for the primary. | 不 我不是为初选而来的 |
[18:11] | I’m here to run for the 30th, | 我想竞选30选区议员 |
[18:13] | and I want you to run my campaign. | 我希望你做我的竞选经理 |
[18:16] | The White House is saying that you’re here to– | 白宫说你是来… |
[18:17] | That’s just so we don’t draw attention to the congressional race. | 那只是为了不让国会竞选吸引太多注意 |
[18:21] | Doris Jones, her daughter’s running. | 桃瑞丝·琼斯 她女儿要竞选 |
[18:23] | The congresswoman would need to be convinced. | 得说服那位女议员 |
[18:26] | You’re saying Celia bows out? | 你是说西莉娅会退出 |
[18:28] | She waits. In two years, the seat is hers. | 她等 两年后 席位就是她的 |
[18:30] | Four at the most. | 至多四年 |
[18:31] | – Senate? – Possibly. | -参议员吗 -或许 |
[18:33] | Or governor, 2020. | 或者州长 2020年 |
[18:35] | And the president’s on board with this? | 总统也同意吗 |
[18:37] | Completely. | 完全同意 |
[18:41] | Look, even if you could convince Celia, | 听着 就算你能说服西莉娅 |
[18:43] | there’s still a big problem. | 那也还有个大问题 |
[18:46] | – That I’m white. – Lily white. | -我是白人 -白得彻头彻尾 |
[18:48] | In your designer heels and tailored dresses, I mean… | 穿着设计师鞋 量体剪裁的衣服 |
[18:52] | look at this property, Mrs. Underwood. | 看看这片地产 安德伍德夫人 |
[18:55] | A woman who marched with Dr. King | 一个跟金博士一起游行的女人 |
[18:57] | is not gonna have much patience for… | 不会有耐心应付一个… |
[19:00] | For what? | 什么 |
[19:03] | An outsider. | 外人 |
[19:05] | Well, I believe we can change her opinion of me. | 我认为我们可以改变她对我的看法 |
[19:09] | Look, I don’t mind betting against the odds. | 听着 我不介意迎难而上 |
[19:11] | If I did, I wouldn’t be consulting for Democrats in Texas. | 否则 我也不会在德州为民主党做顾问了 |
[19:13] | – But what you’re asking me– – When you started your firm, LeAnn, | -但你所要求的 -你创办你公司时 莉安 |
[19:16] | your father told mine that you were making a huge mistake. | 你父亲跟我父亲说你是在犯下大错误 |
[19:19] | That’s because he was a Republican. | 那是因为他是个共和党人 |
[19:21] | Yes, but you didn’t make a mistake, did you? | 是啊 但你没有犯错 不是吗 |
[19:24] | You proved him wrong. | 你证明他错了 |
[19:26] | Now, a dozen consultants can tell me why this won’t work, | 很多顾问都能告诉我这为什么不行 |
[19:30] | but I think you can tell me why it can. | 但我觉得你能告诉我这为什么行 |
[19:38] | Meechum said she was in there for over an hour. | 密查姆说她进去了一个多小时 |
[19:40] | We don’t own Harvey. | 哈维不是我们的人 |
[19:42] | Vaughn thinks she’s been holding out for Dunbar. | 沃恩认为她在等邓巴 |
[19:44] | She wouldn’t be meeting with her about the primary. | 她不会是为初选跟她见面 |
[19:46] | Maybe she thinks she can run for something. | 或许她觉得她可以竞选什么 |
[19:48] | – What? This cycle? – Elected office has always been her goal. | -什么 这轮吗 -她一直希望当选公职 |
[19:51] | There aren’t any open races. | 现在没有缺职 |
[19:53] | Not in Texas. Except for Doris Jones. | 在德州没有 只有桃瑞丝·琼斯 |
[19:55] | Yeah, but her daughter’s running for that seat. | 嗯 但她女儿打算竞选那个职位 |
[19:57] | She hasn’t announced yet. | 她还没宣布呢 |
[19:59] | Which gives Claire an opening. | 这就给了克莱尔机会 |
[20:10] | Hello? | 谁啊 |
[20:25] | – Hello? – LeAnn? | -谁啊 -莉安 |
[20:31] | Doug Stamper. | 道格·斯坦普 |
[20:32] | Wasn’t sure if I was in the right– | 我还以为我走错了… |
[20:36] | Is that how you say hi in Texas? | 德州就这么打招呼吗 |
[20:38] | Sorry, the elevators are usually locked down on the weekends. | 抱歉 电梯周末一般是停用的 |
[20:40] | We’ve had some burglaries in the building. | 我们楼里进过盗窃犯 |
[20:43] | – It’s nice to meet you, Doug. – Pleasure. | -认识你很高兴 道格 -幸会 |
[20:45] | Mrs. Underwood didn’t tell me you were in town. | 安德伍德夫人没告诉我你来这儿了 |
[20:47] | I just got in. President thought it’d be a good idea | 我刚到 总统觉得我该来 |
[20:50] | if I were here to help coordinate on the campaign. | 协助竞选事宜 |
[20:52] | Well, I’m not officially on board yet. | 我还没正式加入呢 |
[20:54] | I wanted to see how the meeting goes tomorrow. | 我想看看明天会面的结果 |
[20:56] | The meeting? | 会面 |
[20:57] | Doris Jones. The First Lady didn’t tell you? | 桃瑞丝·琼斯 第一夫人没告诉你吗 |
[21:00] | No. | 没有 |
[21:01] | Will you excuse me for a moment? | 失陪一下 |
[21:03] | – I just have to make a quick call. – Of course. | -我去打个电话 -好的 |
[21:25] | It’s the president. | 是总统 |
[21:30] | Hello? | 喂 |
[21:32] | Doug tells me you greeted him with a firearm. | 道格说你拿着枪出来迎他 |
[21:34] | Yeah, we’ve been having some issues with– | 嗯 我们遇到了些问题… |
[21:35] | Do you know what fascinates me about guns, LeAnn? | 你知道枪哪点让我着迷吗 莉安 |
[21:38] | You pull a trigger and bang, | 扣下扳机 砰 |
[21:40] | a bullet explodes out faster than the speed of sound. | 一颗子弹喷出 快过声速 |
[21:42] | And if you’re on the wrong end of that bullet, | 如果你站的不是地方 |
[21:44] | why, it hits you before you even hear it. | 你还没听到声就会被它击中 |
[21:46] | Mr. President, forgive me, but– | 总统先生 请原谅 但是 |
[21:47] | No, I want you to hear me, LeAnn. | 不 你听着 莉安 |
[21:50] | You will walk away from this nonsense with Claire. | 你要停下跟克莱尔的胡闹 |
[21:52] | You will not make a phone call nor answer one. | 你不要打电话 也不要接电话 |
[21:55] | You will offer no explanation. | 不要解释 |
[21:57] | Whatever you discussed with my wife, | 不管你跟我妻子谈了什么 |
[21:59] | you will erase it from your mind and never speak of it again. | 你要全部忘记 永远不再提及 |
[22:03] | Tell me I’ve been heard. | 告诉我你听到了 |
[22:05] | Yes, I heard you. | 是的 我听到了 |
[22:07] | Good. | 很好 |
[22:14] | This is cute. | 真可爱 |
[22:17] | Put it down, please. | 请把它放下 |
[22:24] | Souvenir. | 当纪念品了 |
[22:29] | I’ll take that phone, too. | 电话也给我吧 |
[22:35] | Have a good night. | 今晚愉快 |
[22:41] | How soon? | 多快 |
[22:42] | The judge is reviewing the Rule 35 order now. | 法官正在审核减刑令 |
[22:45] | I mean, once he signs it, if they make an arrest, | 他一签字 他们逮捕了人 |
[22:47] | it won’t take these guys long to figure out | 这些人很快就能想明白 |
[22:48] | it was me that talked to the Feds. | 是我跟联调局告密了 |
[22:50] | Well, once he signs, it’ll be a matter of hours, not days. | 他一签字 那就是几小时 而不是几天的事 |
[22:53] | The WITSEC arrangements are already being made. | 证人保护计划的安排已经定好了 |
[22:57] | – You know where they’re sending me? – Nope. | -你知道他们要送我去哪吗 -不 |
[23:00] | And I never will. Nobody will. | 我不会知道的 没人会知道 |
[23:02] | Except for the DOJ. | 除了司法部 |
[23:03] | If you need to reach me for anything, | 如果你有事要找我 |
[23:05] | you’re gonna have to contact me through the WITSEC officer. | 你得通过证人保护计划负责人联系我 |
[23:07] | It’s not just the Armenians I’m afraid of. | 我怕的不仅是亚美尼亚人 |
[23:09] | – Lucas… – I know you never believed me | -卢卡斯 -我知道你一直不信 |
[23:10] | – about the president but– – Look. Listen carefully. | -我说的总统的那些事 -听着 听好 |
[23:14] | The U.S. Government is not your enemy now. | 美国政府现在不是你的敌人了 |
[23:18] | Okay? They’re protecting you. | 好吗 他们在保护你 |
[23:22] | He is the government. | 他就是政府 |
[23:23] | Not even the White House knows who gets released on Rule 35. | 连白宫都不知道谁能靠减刑规则获释 |
[23:28] | Unless the Attorney General tells them, | 除非司法部长说出去 |
[23:29] | which almost never happens. | 几乎从来没有那种事 |
[23:34] | Listen. | 听着 |
[23:36] | You did good work here, Lucas. | 你干得很不错 卢卡斯 |
[23:40] | You’re getting out. | 你要出去了 |
[23:42] | Try to be happy about that. | 开心点吧 |
[24:01] | This how you unwind? | 你就这么放松吗 |
[24:02] | I’ve never been here in my life. | 我从没来过这里 |
[24:04] | I wanted some place we wouldn’t be recognized. | 我想找个不会被认出来的地方 |
[24:08] | Rack ’em up. | 摆球吧 |
[24:16] | – You said you had something to offer. – Yes. | -你说你有东西给我 -是的 |
[24:21] | Insurance. | 保险 |
[24:23] | We took Iowa. | 我们拿下了爱荷华州 |
[24:23] | We’re closing the gap in New Hampshire. | 在新罕布什尔州也追上来了 |
[24:25] | You squeaked by in Iowa. | 你们在爱荷华州是勉强胜出 |
[24:27] | You’re not gonna close the gap in New Hampshire by Tuesday. | 周二之前你在新罕布什尔是追不上差距的 |
[24:30] | – You’re overconfident. – And you’re still Press Secretary. | -你自信过头了 -你还是新闻发言人呢 |
[24:35] | He didn’t make you Chief of Staff. | 他可没让你做幕僚长 |
[24:37] | Don’t tell me you weren’t angling for it. | 别告诉我你没想往那儿钻 |
[24:40] | What’s your ask? | 你想要什么 |
[24:42] | One solid thing for us to work with. | 一件我们可用的事 |
[24:46] | It tanks him, you got a cushion. | 如果打击了他 你就有安全垫了 |
[24:48] | It doesn’t? | 如果没用 |
[24:49] | You still have your job in the White House. | 你还能继续在白宫工作 |
[24:52] | Why should I trust you? | 我凭什么信你 |
[25:00] | Wouldn’t you rather have a back-up plan in your pocket if you lose? | 如果你输了 不想有个后备计划吗 |
[25:09] | Your shot. | 该你了 |
[25:11] | We guarantee you a place in our administration | 我们保证给你在政府留个位置 |
[25:14] | after my two years as Chief of Staff. | 我做两年的幕僚长 |
[25:16] | Then it’s you. | 然后就是你 |
[25:19] | Tell me what’s happening in Texas. | 告诉我德州是怎么回事 |
[25:52] | – Mrs. Underwood. – Congresswoman, so good to see you. | -安德伍德夫人 -议员女士 见到你真高兴 |
[25:56] | Wonderful to see you, too. Please, come in. | 我也很高兴 请进吧 |
[26:06] | Celia, so good to see you, too. | 西莉娅 见到你也很高兴 |
[26:09] | Always a pleasure, Mrs. Underwood. | 很高兴 安德伍德夫人 |
[26:12] | LeAnn called me a little while ago. Said she couldn’t make it. | 莉安早先给我打电话 说她来不了了 |
[26:19] | Congresswoman, I asked LeAnn to have this meeting set up | 议员女士 我叫莉安安排这次会议 |
[26:23] | because I have a radical proposal, | 是因为我有个大胆的提议 |
[26:26] | and I wanted to make it in person. | 我想当面跟你提出 |
[26:29] | Well, Doug has already filled me in. | 道格已经跟我说了 |
[26:33] | Usually, I wouldn’t endorse anyone four years out, | 我一般不会为任何人背书四年 |
[26:37] | but in this case, I’m really open to it. | 但这次 我乐意考虑 |
[26:40] | Anything to put a Democrat into the governor’s mansion. | 能让民主党人进入州长府邸就好 |
[26:44] | I told the congresswoman that | 我跟议员女士说 |
[26:46] | enlisting her political machinery in Dallas | 用上她在达拉斯的政治力量 |
[26:48] | is a crucial first step. | 是很关键的第一步 |
[26:49] | Which is why I asked my daughter to join us. | 所以我叫我女儿也一起来了 |
[26:52] | She’ll have my seat by then, and you two will work closely. | 到时她已经接替了我的席位 你俩可以密切合作 |
[26:56] | I have a great deal of respect for you, Mrs. Underwood. | 我对您十分敬重 安德伍德夫人 |
[26:59] | I think we can accomplish a lot together. | 我认为我们携手可以成就辉煌 |
[27:01] | Well, actually, Congresswoman, | 其实 议员女士 |
[27:03] | I’ve decided that the governorship is a big leap | 我认为如果不先当选公职 |
[27:05] | without holding any elected office first. | 直接做州长跨度太大 |
[27:08] | Are you thinking Senate next cycle? | 你在考虑下一轮竞选参议员吗 |
[27:11] | No, I’m thinking your district, this cycle. | 不 我在考虑本轮竞选你的选区 |
[27:14] | That would mean your daughter holds off, | 那样的话 您女儿就得等等 |
[27:17] | and then I would throw my full weight behind her | 等我竞选州长时 |
[27:19] | to replace me when I run for governor. | 会全力支持她接替我 |
[27:21] | I’ve already put together my team. | 我已经组织了团队 |
[27:23] | Oh, no, you would still get the seat, Celia. | 不 你还是能得到席位的 西莉娅 |
[27:25] | I’m just asking you to wait a little longer. | 我只是求你再等等 |
[27:27] | And the president thinks this is the best plan. | 总统认为这个方案最好 |
[27:29] | Why didn’t you tell me this? | 你怎么没说 |
[27:32] | – I wasn’t aware, ma’am. – Well, he and I spoke privately about it. | -我并不知道 夫人 -他和我私下谈的 |
[27:35] | Celia has waited over a decade for me to retire. | 西莉娅为了等我退休已经等了十年多 |
[27:40] | It’s her time. | 该轮到她了 |
[27:41] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[27:42] | And that’s why I want to put her in the best position to succeed | 所以等她接过了席位 我希望能给她 |
[27:46] | – when she takes office. – When was the last time | -最有利的地位 -你上次踏入 |
[27:48] | you set foot in this district? | 这个选区是什么时候了 |
[27:51] | When Francis was elected whip. | 弗兰西斯当选党鞭的时候 |
[27:53] | So, how are we supposed to ask our people to support a woman | 我们要怎么要求选民支持一个 |
[27:56] | that doesn’t even know them? | 根本不了解他们的女人 |
[27:58] | Their lives, their everyday struggles. | 不了解他们的生活 他们每日的挣扎 |
[28:00] | Carpetbagger. | 投机谋利 |
[28:02] | Who’s white. | 还是白人 |
[28:03] | It goes deeper than race, Mrs. Underwood. | 不仅是种族问题 安德伍德夫人 |
[28:07] | You grew up in Highland Park, never wanted for anything. | 你在海兰帕克长大 从小不缺吃穿 |
[28:11] | You just don’t reflect our community. | 你无法体现我们的群体 |
[28:15] | Congresswoman makes a good point. | 议员女士说得有道理 |
[28:21] | What I want is a stepping stone. | 我是想要个跳板 |
[28:23] | And what you want is federal funding for a breast cancer center | 而你想联邦资助一家计划生育组织经营的 |
[28:27] | run by Planned Parenthood. | 乳腺癌中心 |
[28:31] | Something that a Republican-controlled Congress will never do. | 如果共和党控制了国会 这就无法实现 |
[28:35] | Especially in a VA hospital. | 尤其是在退伍军人医院 |
[28:37] | You had resistance even when the Democrats controlled the House. | 即便是民主党控制国会时你也遭遇了阻力 |
[28:41] | But there’s not one congressperson, Republican or Democrat, | 但国会议员 不管是共和党还是民主党 |
[28:44] | that would refuse a meeting with the First Lady. | 都不会拒绝跟第一夫人见面 |
[28:47] | You’re right, Mrs. Underwood. | 你说得对 安德伍德夫人 |
[28:50] | We haven’t accomplished everything we set out to do. | 我们没能实现我们的一切目标 |
[28:54] | But the one thing my constituents have always had… | 但我的选民一直拥有的 |
[28:58] | is the pride that they take in being represented by one of their own. | 是由自己人代表的骄傲 |
[29:06] | I refuse to rob them of that. | 我不能剥夺这份骄傲 |
[29:11] | Thank you for your time, Congresswoman. | 多谢您抽时间 议员女士 |
[29:13] | We’ll reassess our thinking and get back to you. Thank you. | 我们会重新考虑再联系您 谢谢 |
[29:28] | You tell the president to stay out of this. | 你叫总统别插手 |
[29:31] | Maybe you should speak to him directly. | 或许您该直接跟他谈 |
[29:33] | As soon as he’s willing to support this race, I’ll talk to him. | 如果他肯支持我竞选 我就跟他谈 |
[29:37] | You’re making a mistake, Mrs. Underwood. | 您在犯错误 安德伍德夫人 |
[29:57] | A source within the White House tells us this, | 白宫内部人士透露 |
[30:00] | that the First Lady traveled to Texas | 第一夫人跟丈夫 |
[30:01] | after some sort of a major argument with her husband. | 大吵一架后飞去了德州 |
[30:02] | 第一夫人在德州 初选工作还是婚姻分歧 | |
[30:04] | Well, the president has claimed that she went to Dallas | 总统称她去达拉斯 |
[30:06] | to lay groundwork for the Texas primary. | 是为德州初选打基础 |
[30:09] | But there’s no evidence of any campaign events or fundraisers | 但她三天前抵达后 却不见举办任何 |
[30:12] | since she arrived there three days ago, | 竞选活动或筹款活动 |
[30:14] | and she hasn’t appeared publicly. | 也未曾公开露面 |
[30:17] | So, Monica, gotta get your take on this. | 那么 莫妮卡 得问问你对此事的看法 |
[30:20] | Well, if there is marital discord, | 如果真的出现了婚姻不和 |
[30:22] | the Underwoods certainly wouldn’t want to admit it. | 安德伍德夫妇肯定不愿承认 |
[30:24] | Her being down there for the primary? | 她去那边筹备初选 |
[30:26] | Come on, that could be a smokescreen. | 拜托 那完全可能是障眼法 |
[30:28] | – Juan? – Well, come on, Gretchen. Let’s be real. | -胡安 -格雷琴 我们现实点 |
[30:30] | Something’s rotten in the state of Denmark. | 这事不对劲啊 |
[30:32] | I mean, the timing on this could not be worse. | 这时机简直太糟了 |
[30:34] | Don’t forget, the New Hampshire primary is tomorrow. | 别忘了 新罕布什尔初选就在明天 |
[30:37] | So, whatever momentum the president had coming out of Iowa… | 总统从爱荷华州带出来的好势头 |
[30:41] | Just like air going out of a popped balloon. | 现在都像气球泄气一样流逝了 |
[30:43] | Well, you know that Heather Dunbar | 希瑟·邓巴对此 |
[30:45] | is gonna have something to say about this. Let’s take a look. | 肯定有话说 我们看看吧 |
[30:48] | 希瑟·邓巴 针对安德伍德婚姻传言的回应 | |
[30:48] | I don’t know whether this story is true or not, | 我不知道此事是真是假 |
[30:51] | but if it is, I hope that the president and the First Lady | 但如果是 我希望总统和第一夫人 |
[30:54] | can work out their differences. | 能调和矛盾 |
[30:56] | No one likes to see a marriage under strain. | 没人希望看到一段婚姻出现问题 |
[31:00] | Personally, I wouldn’t be able to carry on my campaign | 个人而言 如果不是我了不起的家人 |
[31:04] | without the incredible… | 我也没法竞选… |
[31:06] | Do we know where the leak came from? | 知道是哪里走漏的消息吗 |
[31:07] | We’re talking to Secret Service and to staff now, | 我们在找特勤局和员工问话 |
[31:10] | but no, sir, we don’t know yet. | 但是 先生 暂时还不知道 |
[31:11] | I’m looking at a ten-pound stack of clippings, | 我这儿有一堆十磅重的剪报 |
[31:13] | and that’s just what’s been written in the past hour. | 这还只是过去一小时里出来的报道 |
[31:15] | This is Dunbar. I know she’s behind this. | 这是邓巴干的 我知道是她捣的鬼 |
[31:17] | Sir, I might have a solution. | 先生 我可能有办法了 |
[31:22] | May we speak privately for a moment? | 我们能单独谈谈吗 |
[31:24] | Yeah. Seth, hop off the line. | 好 赛斯 挂线 |
[31:25] | If we’re gonna switch tactics, I think I should– | 如果我们要改变策略 我觉得… |
[31:27] | I’ll fill you in if the president wants to move forward. | 如果总统打算采取措施我会告诉你的 |
[31:30] | Hop off, Seth. | 挂线 赛斯 |
[31:32] | During the debates, we all remember, | 在辩论中 我们都记得 |
[31:33] | Underwood went after Sharp for sending her kids to private… | 安德伍德攻击夏普把孩子送去私立学校 |
[31:37] | All right, go ahead. | 好了 说吧 |
[31:39] | Claire’s mother. | 克莱尔的母亲 |
[31:40] | What about her? | 她怎么了 |
[32:10] | I told you when you were five years old | 你五岁的时候我就告诉你 |
[32:12] | not to come in this house without saying hello to me. | 进屋一定要跟我打招呼 |
[32:17] | I came by when I arrived. You were asleep. | 我到时就去看过你 你当时睡了 |
[32:20] | That was two days ago. | 那是两天前了 |
[32:23] | Well, I wasn’t sure you wanted to see me, Mother. | 我不知道你是不是想见我 母亲 |
[32:26] | Well… | 好吧 |
[32:27] | as long as we’re living under the same roof | 既然我们要生活在一个屋檐下 |
[32:31] | – and besieged by news trucks– – I apologize for all that. | -而且还被新闻车包围 -那个很抱歉 |
[32:36] | Is it true? | 是真的吗 |
[32:38] | Is that why you came down here? | 你是因为这个才来这儿吗 |
[32:42] | No, I came down here because… | 不 我来是因为 |
[32:47] | That woman who visited… | 那个来访的女人 |
[32:51] | – LeAnn Harvey. – Mmm-hmm, I know who she is. | -莉安·哈维 -我知道她是谁 |
[32:54] | She calls me all the time asking for money when she’s… | 她推销候选人的时候经常打给我 |
[32:59] | peddling some candidate. | 问我要钱 |
[33:04] | Are you the candidate? | 你是候选人吗 |
[33:08] | Congress. 30th District. | 国会 30选区 |
[33:11] | I see. | 这样啊 |
[33:14] | You don’t approve. | 你不赞成 |
[33:16] | Well, you’ve always made your choices | 你总是自己做决定 |
[33:20] | regardless of what I think. | 不管我怎么想 |
[33:22] | What does he think? | 他怎么想 |
[33:24] | Has he spoken to you? To discourage me? | 他跟你谈话了吗 劝我别那么做 |
[33:27] | He hasn’t spoken to me since the day of your daddy’s funeral. | 你爸爸葬礼那天之后他就再没跟我说过话 |
[33:32] | Just like you haven’t. | 你也一样 |
[33:34] | Not even a phone call when you became First Lady– | 你当上第一夫人都不来通电话 |
[33:36] | If you don’t want me here, I can make other arrangements. | 如果你不希望我待在这儿 我可以另做安排 |
[33:39] | Oh, don’t be ridiculous. | 别傻了 |
[33:40] | This house is as much yours as it is mine. | 这房子是我的也是你的 |
[33:43] | I put covers on everything | 我把东西都罩上 |
[33:45] | because the maids were cleaning rooms I never set foot in. | 否则女仆还得打扫我从不进的房间 |
[33:49] | But now that you’re here… | 但既然你来了 |
[33:51] | Just leave them. | 别动了 |
[33:53] | I only need a bedroom. | 我只需要一间卧室 |
[33:57] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[33:59] | This house is just a hotel to you. | 这房子对你来说就是个旅馆 |
[34:08] | The president will arrive in Dallas later this afternoon. | 总统今天下午晚些时候会抵达达拉斯 |
[34:11] | As to the nature of his trip, I can’t comment at this time | 至于他此行的目的 我目前不能透露 |
[34:15] | other than to say he plans on seeing the First Lady. | 只能说他打算见第一夫人 |
[34:17] | – Seth! – Mark. | -赛斯 -马克 |
[34:19] | His going down there would seem to lend legitimacy to claims | 他南下似乎让他们婚姻出现问题的说法 |
[34:21] | that they’re having marital issues, wouldn’t it? | 看起来更有依据了 不是吗 |
[34:24] | We’ve already denied those claims. | 我们已经否认了那种说法 |
[34:26] | – Seth! – Sara. | -赛斯 -莎拉 |
[34:28] | Neither the president nor the First Lady | 报道爆出后 总统 |
[34:30] | have publicly responded since this story broke. | 和第一夫人都未曾公开做过回应 |
[34:32] | Can we expect them to? | 他们会回应吗 |
[34:33] | What you’re calling a story isn’t a story. | 你所谓的报道 并非报道 |
[34:36] | It’s a flashy headline | 只是个夺人眼球的标题 |
[34:37] | that gives you a bump in Twitter followers. | 帮你们在推特上涨粉 |
[34:39] | It doesn’t warrant a response, | 根本不值得对此做出回应 |
[34:40] | but if the president or First Lady chooses to make one, | 但如果总统或第一夫人决定回应 |
[34:44] | you’ll be the first to know. | 肯定第一个告诉你 |
[34:45] | – Seth! – Thank you all very much. | -赛斯 -谢谢大家 |
[35:35] | – How long has she been gone? – Not long. | -她离开多久了 -没多久 |
[35:37] | – LeAnn Harvey’s office. – Christ. | -去了莉安·哈维办公室 -老天 |
[35:39] | The press didn’t follow her, did they? | 媒体没跟着她吧 |
[35:40] | No. They took a utility road out. | 没有 他们走了条公用设施路 |
[35:42] | No police escort. | 没有警察随行 |
[36:15] | Are you two gonna make a habit of showing up here | 你俩要把问都不问一声就跑来 |
[36:18] | without even the courtesy of asking? | 当成习惯吗 |
[36:21] | I wish I didn’t have to be here, | 我也希望不用来这儿 |
[36:23] | but your daughter’s made it necessary. | 但你女儿逼得我没办法 |
[36:25] | You know, when she got married, | 她结婚时 |
[36:26] | I was sure she would wake up in a year or two. | 我以为过一两年她肯定会醒悟 |
[36:30] | I had no idea it was gonna take her 30. | 没想到她用了30年 |
[36:34] | Claire is the First Lady of the United States, | 克莱尔是美国的第一夫人 |
[36:37] | and you still think she made the wrong choice. | 你还觉得她选错了人 |
[36:40] | Reduced to tabloid gossip? | 变成小报谈资了 |
[36:43] | She might as well be living in that trailer park you come from. | 她跟住在你出身的那个拖车公园有什么区别 |
[36:46] | Well, it was a peach farm. | 是个桃子园 |
[36:48] | But you’re right, I am still white trash. | 但你没说错 我还是白人垃圾 |
[36:51] | I just happen to be white trash that lives in the White House. | 我只不过恰好是个住在白宫的白人垃圾 |
[36:55] | Not even being president could give you any class. | 就算当上总统 还是那么粗俗 |
[37:02] | Well, let me tell you what’s about to happen, Elizabeth. | 我告诉你接下来会怎么样吧 伊丽莎白 |
[37:05] | I am not going to put myself in the crossfire | 我不会站在交火的总统 |
[37:08] | between a president and First Lady. | 和第一夫人之间 |
[37:09] | Oh, I’ll handle Francis. | 我来应付弗兰西斯 |
[37:11] | You said he was on board. | 你说他同意的 |
[37:13] | And I’ll make sure he is. | 我会让他同意的 |
[37:16] | The point is you misled me, Mrs. Underwood. | 重点是 你误导了我 安德伍德夫人 |
[37:18] | What is it you want, LeAnn? Is it money? | 你想要什么 莉安 钱吗 |
[37:23] | Or do you want more, to make a real mark? | 还是想要更多 真正有所成就 |
[37:25] | I don’t have to choose. I can have both. | 我不用选 我可以兼得 |
[37:27] | Well, if you wanna make history, you need to get out of Texas. | 如果你想青史留名 你就得离开德州 |
[37:30] | I’ve turned down plenty of jobs in D.C. | 我拒绝过不少华府的工作 |
[37:32] | Juggling 15 clients a year. | 一年应付15位客户 |
[37:35] | But I want the next 15 years of your life. | 但我想要你接下来15年的时间 |
[37:38] | Texas is just where we begin. | 德州只是我们的起点 |
[38:05] | It seems you didn’t hear me after all. | 看来你到底是没听到 |
[38:08] | I don’t respond to threats. | 我不向威胁低头 |
[38:10] | You’re speaking to the president. | 你在跟总统说话 |
[38:12] | Yes, I recognize his voice. | 是的 我认得出他的声音 |
[38:13] | I’d like to talk to my wife alone, please. | 请让我单独跟我妻子谈谈 |
[38:16] | She stays. Tell me what you need to tell me. | 她留下 你想跟我说什么就说吧 |
[38:20] | Doug. | 道格 |
[38:34] | She’s been sick for three years. | 她已经病了三年了 |
[38:36] | Radiation, chemotherapy, the works. | 放疗 化疗 都做了 |
[38:42] | But you didn’t know, did you? | 但你不知道 是吗 |
[38:47] | You’re not dragging my mother in front of the cameras. | 你不能把我母亲拉到镜头前 |
[38:49] | Just you, and you’re going to say that that’s why you’re down here. | 只有你一人 你要说你是为此才南下 |
[38:53] | This is a family matter, Francis. | 这是家事 弗兰西斯 |
[38:55] | This has to be done, Claire. We have to kill this story. | 这事必须做 克莱尔 我们得把传言止住 |
[39:00] | He’s right. | 他说得对 |
[39:05] | I need to know you won’t meddle with my campaign. | 我要知道你不会给我的竞选捣乱 |
[39:09] | The State of the Union is in two weeks. | 国情咨文就在两周之后 |
[39:11] | You show up for that, then I’ll leave you alone. | 你到场 我就不再阻挠你 |
[39:13] | Let’s get this over with. | 我们赶紧了事吧 |
[39:37] | When Claire first came down here to Dallas… | 克莱尔最初来到达拉斯时 |
[39:39] | we said it was to lay the groundwork for the Texas primary. | 我们说是为德州的初选打基础 |
[39:43] | And that was partially true. | 这也算是事实 |
[39:45] | What we left out was something that we hoped to keep private. | 但我们没说的 是一些本想保密的私事 |
[39:49] | But in light of false stories over the last number of days | 但鉴于这几天来关于我们婚姻状况的 |
[39:52] | about the state of our marriage, | 漫天谣传 |
[39:53] | we now feel it’s important to share this unfortunate news. | 我们现在认为只能说出这一不幸的消息 |
[39:58] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[40:01] | For the past three years, | 这三年来 |
[40:02] | my mother has been suffering from intermittent lymphoma. | 我母亲一直在与间歇性淋巴癌做抗争 |
[40:06] | Initially, she had some success battling her illness, | 起初 她在与病魔的抗争中取得了胜利 |
[40:10] | but it’s come back full force the last several months. | 但这几个月 疾病复发而且非常严重 |
[40:13] | So, I came down here to spend time with her | 所以 我来这儿陪她 |
[40:16] | while she undergoes further treatment. | 进行进一步的治疗 |
[40:19] | And we ask just for the sake of my mother’s dignity… | 看在我母亲尊严和健康的分上 |
[40:24] | and well-being that you respect her privacy. | 我们请求大家尊重她的隐私 |
[40:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:33] | I will be resuming my campaign tomorrow | 我明天将继续我的竞选 |
[40:35] | and Claire will, of course, be staying here. | 克莱尔 当然了 将留在这里 |
[40:38] | And let me just add… | 我还要说 |
[40:41] | Claire’s mother is blessed to have such a loving daughter. | 克莱尔的母亲有这样孝顺的女儿是莫大的福气 |
[40:44] | And I am blessed to have such a thoughtful and caring wife. | 我有如此体贴 善良的妻子也是三生有幸 |
[40:48] | Thank you all very much. | 谢谢大家 |
[41:14] | Nothing fancy, but it’ll do the job. | 平平常常 但也足矣了 |
[41:45] | You’re officially John Carlyle now. | 你正式是约翰·卡莱尔了 |
[41:53] | Driver’s license is expired on purpose. You take the bus to work. | 驾照有意弄了个过期的 你得乘大巴上班 |
[41:59] | Memorize everything, address, birthday, social. | 把一切都背下来 地址 生日 社保号 |
[42:02] | There’s a personal history in there for you to know by heart, too. | 还有个人经历 也要熟练背下来 |
[42:06] | – “Pegasus Car Rentals”? – Yeah. | -“飞马租车行” -对 |
[42:08] | You wash rentals. It starts tomorrow. | 你洗租车 明天开始 |
[42:10] | Keep a low profile. | 保持低调 |
[42:12] | Don’t be weird about it, | 别表现出异常 |
[42:13] | don’t go out of your way to make friends. | 别到处交朋友 |
[42:17] | What if there’s… | 如果… |
[42:19] | If something’s wrong? | 出什么事了呢 |
[42:21] | Landline goes directly to our local office. | 固话直接接到我们本地办公室 |
[42:24] | Away from home, use the cell phone next to it. | 出门在外 用旁边那部手机 |
[42:28] | – What else? – You have basic cable. | -还有什么 -你有基本的有线台 |
[42:31] | No Internet, obviously. | 当然了 没有网 |
[42:34] | Keep the blinds drawn and the doors locked. | 百叶窗拉好 门锁好 |
[42:38] | That’s it. | 就这样了 |
[42:45] | I’ll check in with you later this week. | 本周晚些时候我再来找你 |
[43:40] | Now, we didn’t just win a plurality here in New Hampshire. | 我们不仅在新罕布什尔获胜 |
[43:44] | We won a majority. | 而且差距悬殊 |
[43:48] | Now, you know what that tells me? | 知道这意味着什么吗 |
[43:51] | It’s looking like Dunbar’s got it by 11 or 12 points | 看来等票全数完 邓巴能领先 |
[43:54] | by the time everything’s counted. | 11到12个百分点 |
[43:55] | How many precincts have reported? | 已经报上来几个区了 |
[43:57] | As of two minutes ago, 83%. | 两分钟前是83% |
[44:01] | Seth drafted a speech for when we land. | 赛斯起草了讲话 等我们落地后用 |
[44:04] | Normally, Dunbar would wait to give her speech until after yours, | 一般来说 邓巴会等你先发表讲话 |
[44:06] | but since we’re on the plane– | 但既然我们在飞机上 |
[44:07] | – Get her on the phone and I’ll concede. – Yes, sir. | -给她打电话 我让她 -好 先生 |
[44:13] | Look at that snot-nosed pretty-boy. | 看那个乳臭未干的小白脸 |
[44:15] | I’ll bet he just learned how to shave. | 他肯定刚学会刮胡子 |
[44:20] | Get me Dunbar. | 接邓巴 |
[44:23] | – Ma’am, I really think– – Open it. | -女士 我真觉得… -开门 |
[44:26] | She wants to be left alone. | 她想一个人待着 |
[44:28] | Unlock the door. | 打开门 |
[44:51] | I want you to go! | 你走 |
[44:54] | Mother… | 母亲 |
[44:56] | why didn’t you tell me? | 你为什么没告诉我 |
[44:58] | Because it was none of your business. | 因为不关你的事 |
[45:01] | – Just listen to me. – No, don’t even bother. | -听我说 -不 别费口舌了 |
[45:05] | I understand why you did what you did. | 我明白你为什么那么做 |
[45:09] | But that doesn’t make it any less hurtful. | 但也还是一样伤人 |
[45:53] | Is that for me or for yourself? | 那是为了我还是为了你自己 |
[45:59] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[46:02] | Come here. | 过来 |
[46:06] | Come here. | 过来 |
[46:11] | You’re stronger than he is. | 你比他强大 |
[46:14] | But you gotta put him in his place. | 但你得让他知道你的厉害 |
[46:19] | 与普选不同 美国各州的初选投票时间分散 前后长达数月 有时同一州民主党与共和党投票的时间也不同 如2016年美国总统大选 从2月1日的爱荷华州初选 到6月14日的首都华盛顿投票 两党初选要持续四个半月的时间 初选开局阶段主要包括爱荷华州 新罕布什尔州 南卡罗来纳州 以及内华达州这四州的选举 时间上先后有别 因此先举行初选的几个州的选举结果就非常重要 在最初的几个州获胜 不仅能助长候选人的气势 赢得尚未投票的选民的认可 还能获得媒体的关注 令党内大小金主慷慨捐款 2016年的总统选举中 爱荷华州选举结果揭晓当晚 两党便各有一名候选人因成绩不佳而宣布退选 前三个州初选结束后 两党共有八名候选人宣布退出 包括曾很受看好的前总统小布什的弟弟 杰布·布什 | |
[47:09] | 新罕布什尔是第二个举行初选的州 选举结果举足轻重 而该州面积小 人口少 因此历史上总统候选人在新罕布什尔的选举活动 多以小型集会为主 以便选民对各个候选人的立场进行深入透彻的了解 有时候候选人甚至需要挨家挨户敲门拉票 所以这里的竞选方式被媒体称为 “零售式竞选” |