时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:07] | John! We’re paying you to clean cars, | 约翰 我们雇你来洗车 |
[01:09] | not read the paper. | 不是让你来看报的 |
[01:11] | Yeah, okay. Sorry. | 好的 抱歉 |
[03:52] | When I think of the goodness of Jesus | 每当我感念慈爱的天主 |
[03:55] | and all that He’s done for me, | 和他对我的恩典 |
[03:58] | my soul shouts out, “Hallelujah.” | 我的灵魂都会大喊 哈利路亚 |
[04:01] | – Hallelujah! – Amen. | -哈利路亚 -阿门 |
[04:04] | That was absolutely beautiful. | 真是太动人了 |
[04:08] | You sang it as heavenly and as loudly | 你们唱得好听又响亮 |
[04:12] | as we do in Dallas. Amen! | 不输我们达拉斯 阿门 |
[04:14] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[04:18] | My mother and I are proud to | 我母亲和我非常荣幸地 |
[04:20] | introduce a man who fought for you in Congress. | 请出曾在国会为你们的权益奋战 |
[04:23] | He’s fighting for you now in the White House. | 如今继续在白宫为你们奋斗的人 |
[04:26] | We wanna help him to stay there. | 我们希望能帮他留在白宫 |
[04:28] | – Amen. – Amen. | -阿门 -阿门 |
[04:29] | President Frank Underwood! | 有请弗兰克·安德伍德总统 |
[04:32] | All right! | 欢迎 |
[04:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:47] | You’re all wonderful. | 你们唱得太好了 |
[04:50] | Thank you. Please be seated. | 谢谢大家 快请坐 |
[04:55] | You know, it’s on a morning like this, in a church like yours, | 这样美好的上午 这样和谐的教堂 |
[04:59] | that I’m very proud to be a South Carolinian. | 让我为做个南卡人骄傲 |
[05:07] | “How many of you drove to church? | “你们有多少人开车来教堂的 |
[05:09] | Let me start by asking, | 我先问各位一句 |
[05:09] | how many of you drove to church here this morning?” | 今天早上你们有多少人是开车来的” |
[05:12] | How many of you drove to get to church here this morning? | 你们今早有多少人是开车来教堂的 |
[05:15] | And how many of you drove together? | 你们有多少人是拼车来的呢 |
[05:18] | Well, I can appreciate that. | 我理解拼车的各位 |
[05:19] | Gas prices right now | 这年头的油价 |
[05:21] | are putting a strain on everybody’s pocketbooks. | 快把大家都烧穷了 |
[05:23] | Isn’t that true? | 你们说对不对 |
[05:25] | I think maybe more here in Gaffney, | 我想加夫尼的油价尤其高 |
[05:26] | at least I feel it here in Gaffney more than anywhere else. | 至少我对加夫尼尤其感同身受 |
[05:28] | “Especially here in Gaffney. | “尤其是在加夫尼 |
[05:30] | Now, as president, I feel responsible for that. | 作为总统 我觉得对此负有责任 |
[05:32] | Or maybe, I feel even more so here. | 或许 我对这里的责任感更强烈 |
[05:34] | You know, we’ve never been a rich town. | 我们这里向来就不怎么富裕 |
[05:36] | You know, a lot of times in my childhood, I thought to myself, | 我小的时候常常琢磨 |
[05:39] | ‘Why, we just, we were almost like an invisible town to people… | ‘为什么我们这里在世人眼中就跟空气似的呢 |
[05:42] | We didn’t matter.'” | 我们无关紧要'” |
[05:44] | That we didn’t matter. | 我们无关紧要 |
[05:46] | And, of course, I was a white boy. | 当然了 我还是个白人小子呢 |
[05:49] | And as poor as my family was, | 虽然我家挺穷的 |
[05:51] | we still were a lot better off than a lot of your families… | 但还是比在座的许多家庭宽裕不少 |
[05:54] | who not only had to struggle through poverty | 你们不仅要和贫穷斗争 |
[05:56] | but had to fight racism as well. | 还得和种族歧视斗争 |
[05:58] | Now, how many of you remember 1973? | 你们有多少人还记得1973年 |
[06:00] | “Now, how many of you remember 1973? | “你们有多少人还记得1973年 |
[06:03] | When gas prices were as bad as they are today, | 那年的汽油价格跟今天一样飙涨 |
[06:05] | and we had to wait hours just to fill our tank. | 我们为了加油 得排队排好几里地 |
[06:10] | Why, OPEC was trying to hold us hostage then | 石油输出国家组织当时想要挟我们 |
[06:14] | just as Russia’s trying to hold us hostage now. | 就像今天 俄罗斯也想故技重施 |
[06:18] | But somehow… | 但是不知怎地 |
[06:20] | our little community, why, we came together, didn’t we? | 我们这个小社区团结了起来 是不是 |
[06:23] | We came together, didn’t we?” Yes. | 我们团结了起来 是不是” 是的 |
[06:25] | We looked out for each other. We were there for each other. | 我们互帮互助 同舟共济 |
[06:29] | Now, maybe we didn’t matter to the rest of the country, | 也许我们对国内其他地方无关紧要 |
[06:31] | but we sure as heck mattered to each other. | 但我们对彼此却至关重要 |
[06:34] | We’re still struggling with poverty, | 我们还在和贫穷斗争 |
[06:36] | and racism is still something we have to fight against. | 我们仍然需要和种族歧视斗争 |
[06:39] | But I know that this town does matter. | 但是我知道 这地方非常重要 |
[06:44] | That all of you matter. | 你们都非常重要 |
[06:48] | And I don’t just say that because African Americans | 我这么说可不仅仅是因为非裔 |
[06:50] | represent half the vote in this state. | 手里握着全州一半的选票 |
[06:53] | I say that because, despite our troubles… | 我这么说是因为 尽管有种种问题 |
[06:57] | we are one community. | 我们仍然团结一体 |
[07:00] | One family. | 我们仍是一家人 |
[07:03] | And that gives us strength. | 这给了我们力量 |
[07:07] | That strength is a powerful thing. | 这股力量无比强大 |
[07:11] | It’s not invisible. | 不容忽视 |
[07:13] | It radiates. | 光芒万丈 |
[07:16] | I place my faith in God to give me purpose. | 我相信上帝会给我目标 |
[07:22] | I put my hope in you to give me strength. | 我希望你们给我力量 |
[07:24] | Yes, sir. | 嗯 先生 |
[07:26] | And come tomorrow, when you vote… | 而明天你们投票的时候 |
[07:29] | I hope that you will place your trust in me… | 我也希望你们能信任我 |
[07:34] | …to help continue to lead this country | 让我们继续带领这个国家前行 |
[07:36] | as we have led this community, together. | 就像我们在这里齐心协力 共建家园 |
[07:39] | Thank you all very much. | 非常感谢你们 |
[07:46] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[07:47] | I’m LeAnn Harvey, traveling to Washington. | 我是莉安·哈维 去华盛顿 |
[07:49] | The First Lady isn’t here yet, Ms. Harvey, | 第一夫人还没来 哈维女士 |
[07:50] | but you’re welcome to board the plane, if you’d like. | 不过如果你愿意的话可以先登机 |
[07:52] | Uh, no, I’ll wait until she gets here. Thank you. | 不了 我还是等她来吧 谢谢 |
[07:55] | Aidan. | 艾丹 |
[07:56] | Hey, I just sent the research. | 我刚把调研报告发过去了 |
[07:58] | – What’s the gist? – The anger, it’s biblical. | -结果怎么样 -遮天怒火啊 |
[08:01] | – Uh, gas prices? – Yeah, gas is school. | -油价闹的吗 -是啊 上学烧汽油 |
[08:05] | Gas is work. | 上班烧汽油 |
[08:07] | Gas is the family trip to Disneyland. | 全家去迪士尼乐园也得烧汽油 |
[08:10] | Every cent it goes up is another six points on the anger index. | 油价每涨一毛钱 愤怒指数就涨6个百分点 |
[08:15] | We predict that $7 a gallon will get you riots. | 我们预测油价升至7元每加仑 就会全民暴动 |
[08:19] | What about the First Lady? | 第一夫人呢 |
[08:20] | Oh, she’s faring better than he is. | 她的形象比她丈夫积极多了 |
[08:22] | Sympathy for the sick mother. | 主要是同情她母亲病重 |
[08:24] | Thanks for the rush job on this. | 多谢你们加急赶出来 |
[08:26] | Well, you’re a friend. And this is far more interesting than… | 你是朋友嘛 再说这个要比 |
[08:29] | testing names of anti-depressants for five-year-olds, or… | 调查五岁小孩的抗抑郁药名 或者 |
[08:32] | what color cross trainers soccer moms will drool over. | 中产家庭主妇垂涎什么颜色的跑步机有趣多了 |
[08:36] | – I thought you hated politics. – I do. | -我还以为你讨厌政治 -没错 |
[08:39] | But anger? And seduction? | 但是愤怒和诱惑 |
[08:42] | Those are interesting. | 这些可好玩得很 |
[08:48] | – Mother, my earrings. – Yes? | -母亲 我的耳环 -怎么 |
[08:52] | You took them. | 被你拿了 |
[08:53] | I did no such thing. | 我才没拿 |
[09:04] | I said I don’t… | 我说了不是我… |
[09:09] | You’re taking my money. I took something of yours. | 你要拿我的钱 我也拿点你的东西 |
[09:18] | Claire… | 克莱尔 |
[09:21] | When you leave today, I don’t want you coming back. | 你今天走了就别回来了 |
[09:25] | Oh, I’ll come and go as I please, Mother. | 我想来就来 想走就走 母亲 |
[10:04] | This is unreal. | 太滑稽了 |
[10:06] | You sure we can count on this guy? | 你确定我们能指望这人 |
[10:08] | He loathes Francis. That we can count on. | 他厌恶弗兰西斯 这一点绝对可以指望 |
[10:11] | But use your best judgment. | 但是你也多留意 |
[10:13] | Who compiled this? | 这是谁做的调查 |
[10:14] | An analytics firm I contract with, | 和我有合作的一家分析公司 |
[10:16] | one of the best in the country. | 国内顶尖 |
[10:18] | They can be trusted? | 他们可靠吗 |
[10:19] | Yes. I work directly with the owner. | 可靠 我直接和老板接洽的 |
[10:23] | Francis really needs this win in South Carolina. | 弗兰西斯很需要拿下南卡罗莱纳 |
[10:26] | He sure does. | 当然了 |
[10:28] | Let’s release more of the strategic reserve. | 再向市场投放些战略储备吧 |
[10:30] | That might slow down the price inflation, but it won’t halt it. | 这也许能减缓涨价势头 但遏制不住的 |
[10:35] | How are you two ladies enjoying those ribs? | 两位女士可喜欢这道肋排啊 |
[10:37] | Mmm, I’m gonna need a nap after this. | 吃完之后我得美美地睡一会儿 |
[10:40] | Well, you’ll have time. | 那你们慢用 |
[10:41] | I have two hours of fundraising calls to make. | 我还得打两小时的电话筹款 |
[10:43] | It was very nice of you | 非常感谢您 |
[10:44] | to let us stay at your house, Mr. President. | 让我们在您家落脚 总统先生 |
[10:45] | Well, that’s how we do things here in Gaffney. | 我们加夫尼人就是这么好客 |
[10:48] | Sir? | 先生 |
[10:49] | Listen, I am not gonna negotiate a bailout | 听着 我决不会和他谈救市计划 |
[10:51] | if he won’t budge on privatization. | 除非他在私有化问题上让步 |
[10:52] | If he wants to let his own people starve, so be it. | 他想饿死自己的人民 随他的便 |
[10:54] | He may look for relief from Beijing, and that would– | 他或许会转向北京求助 那样就会 |
[10:56] | The only thing he hates more than us is China. | 他恨中国胜过恨我们 |
[10:58] | He won’t kowtow. | 他不会对北京扣头的 |
[10:59] | But if Petrov does cave to them, | 但如果佩特罗夫真向北京低头 |
[11:01] | that puts the global energy– | 那全球能源市场就会… |
[11:02] | Look, Cathy, I have to call you back. | 凯茜 我待会儿再打给你 |
[11:04] | – When? – About 30 minutes ago. | -什么时候 -半小时前吧 |
[11:08] | – So this will be your box, number 433. – Thank you. | -这是您的保险柜 433号 -谢谢 |
[11:12] | Would you like to open up a savings account with us? | 您要不再在我们这里再开个储蓄账户 |
[11:14] | – Debit card? – No, the box is fine. | -借记卡什么的 -不了 保险箱就好 |
[11:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:17] | Would you mind if I… | 我能不能自己… |
[11:18] | Oh, sure. I’ll give you some privacy. | 当然可以 我回避一下 |
[11:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢啦 |
[13:05] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[13:07] | You, too, Francis. | 我也是 弗兰西斯 |
[13:08] | I’m surprised. | 真没想到 |
[13:09] | I don’t hear from you, then you just show up. | 一直没你的消息 然后你突然就来了 |
[13:11] | Mmm, to be honest, I wasn’t sure until I landed. | 说实话 直到飞机落地 我都不确定要不要来 |
[13:19] | You’ve gotten some sun. | 你有点晒黑了 |
[13:22] | Tractor-pulling event yesterday. I should’ve worn a hat. | 昨天去田间地头拉票来着 该戴顶帽子的 |
[13:27] | – Are Doris and Celia here? – They were. | -桃瑞丝和西莉娅也在吗 -来过 |
[13:29] | I set up cots for them in the guest room, | 我在客房里为她们加了两张床 |
[13:31] | but when I heard you were coming, I sent them off to a hotel. | 但我一听你要来 就让她们住酒店去了 |
[13:34] | I figured you’d want that room for yourself. | 我想着你可能会想住客房 |
[13:37] | That’s very thoughtful. | 多谢你费心了 |
[13:41] | You have an event now. | 你马上还有活动吧 |
[13:43] | Limestone College. | 莱姆斯顿学院 |
[13:45] | Well, I’ll join you. | 那我和你一起去 |
[13:47] | They’ll be there, if you’d rather not see– | 她们也会去 如果你不想见… |
[13:48] | It’ll be fine. | 没事 |
[13:51] | Unless you’d rather I not go. | 除非你不想让我去 |
[13:53] | No, I’d love you to come. | 怎么会 我很乐意你一起去 |
[13:58] | If he knows I’m involved… | 如果他知道跟我有关 |
[14:00] | So make sure he doesn’t. | 那就别让他知道 |
[14:03] | Can I see it? | 我能看看吗 |
[14:14] | Oh, boy. | 我的天 |
[14:18] | Now, this could get interesting. | 这下有好戏看了 |
[14:20] | We need it done by tomorrow morning. | 明早之前办好 |
[14:24] | Well, my cousin has a friend, owns an industrial print shop, | 我表亲有个朋友 开了家工业打印店 |
[14:27] | but a job that size… | 但这么大幅的 |
[14:29] | This should cover it. | 这些应该够了 |
[14:37] | And then some. | 绰绰有余 |
[14:39] | Oh, I didn’t know Heather Dunbar had it in her. | 想不到希瑟·邓巴也会玩这一套 |
[14:42] | It’s nice to meet you, Mr. Chase. | 认识你很高兴 蔡斯先生 |
[14:45] | Well, are you sure you wouldn’t like some iced tea? | 真不喝点冰茶吗 |
[14:48] | Thank you, no. I should get going. | 谢谢 不喝了 我还有事 |
[14:53] | How about some fries with that shake? | 要不留下玩玩吧 |
[14:59] | Get done what I want done. Don’t make me come back here. | 照我说的把事情办好 别让我再跑一趟了 |
[15:29] | – What did Manny say? – I got your shift, bro. | -曼尼怎么说的 -我代你的班 哥们 |
[15:32] | – What about the car? – The Fusion. | -那车呢 -那辆蒙迪欧 |
[15:35] | I can reset the odometer, | 我可以重设里程表 |
[15:36] | park it in front of your place after work. | 下班之后停到你家门口 |
[15:38] | But, hey… you gotta get it back by tomorrow night. | 不过 你明晚之前必须还回来 |
[15:40] | – Otherwise, when they do the inventory– – I promise you. | -不然等他们清点库存… -我保证 |
[15:43] | All right. | 好吧 |
[15:46] | So the cost. | 说说报酬吧 |
[15:47] | As soon as I get my paycheck, I’ll– | 等我工资发下来我就… |
[15:48] | No. I don’t want money. | 不 我不想要钱 |
[15:54] | Most of the other guys work here, they ain’t much to look at. | 其他在这儿干活儿的人我都看不上眼 |
[15:57] | You? | 但你 |
[16:00] | Keep lookin’ over. | 我怎么都看不够 |
[16:01] | Hey, man, listen… | 哥们 你别… |
[16:04] | – You want the car or not? – I’ll find some other way. | -你还想不想用车 -我自己想办法吧 |
[16:13] | I know about you. | 我知道你的底细 |
[16:16] | I seen your parole officer come check in on you. | 我见过你的假释官来查你的岗 |
[16:19] | What would he say about you taking one of these cars? | 如果他知道你偷了一辆车 会怎么办你 |
[16:26] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[16:29] | Get in. | 上车 |
[16:53] | I just learned today that Limestone College, | 我今天刚刚了解到 莱姆斯顿学院 |
[16:56] | founded in 1845, | 创立于1845年 |
[16:57] | was the first women’s college in South Carolina, | 是南卡罗莱纳第一所招收女生的学校 |
[17:01] | and one of the first in the nation. | 在全国也是最早的几所之一 |
[17:04] | And that’s something to be proud of. | 这非常了不起 |
[17:09] | And since then, this school and its students have flourished. | 自那时起 这所学校和她的学生成就斐然 |
[17:13] | A young, eager community | 这个年轻向上的群体 |
[17:15] | of men and women of all races and backgrounds, | 超越种族 性别和背景 |
[17:20] | a true reflection of America’s future. | 是美国未来的最佳写照 |
[17:27] | How did he convince you to come back? | 他是怎么说服你回来的 |
[17:30] | I convinced myself. | 我自己说服了自己 |
[17:33] | Forty-six years I was married to my husband before he passed. | 我丈夫去世时我们结婚已有46年 |
[17:37] | But if he’d pulled on me what Frank pulled on you, | 但如果他像弗兰克对你那样对我 |
[17:41] | he would’ve been long gone. | 他会早死很多年 |
[17:44] | I think it’s worked out for the best. | 我认为这样对大家都有好处 |
[17:45] | Your daughter is going to make a fabulous congresswoman. | 您女儿将会是一位出色的众议员 |
[17:48] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:51] | Two minutes. | 还有两分钟 |
[17:52] | Now, Frank Underwood understands the need for equality, | 弗兰克·安德伍德了解我们对平等的渴求 |
[17:56] | in education and throughout our lives. | 无论是教育平等 还是生活中的平等 |
[17:59] | Most of all, he believes in giving every American | 最重要的是 他相信给每个美国人 |
[18:04] | the opportunity to earn a living. | 谋生计的机会 |
[18:07] | He put this belief into action before and he will again, | 他以前就践行了这一信念 他也会坚持下去 |
[18:11] | and Frank Underwood | 弗兰克·安德伍德 |
[18:12] | will not allow this journey to end with Limestone. | 决不会允许他的奋斗止步于莱姆斯顿 |
[18:16] | You will go out into this world | 你们将步入世界 |
[18:18] | and astonish us all with your intellect, | 让世人惊艳于你们的才智 |
[18:20] | your… your worthiness, and your strength. | 你们的价值 和你们的力量 |
[18:29] | Now, I would like to introduce two of the strongest women I know. | 现在请允许我请出我见过的最坚强的女人 |
[18:32] | Well, don’t you look thick as thieves. | 你们俩真是 亲密无间啊 |
[18:35] | …and the First Lady of the United States, Claire Underwood. | 以及美国的第一夫人 克莱尔·安德伍德 |
[18:47] | It’s as though she never left. | 就好像她从没离开过 |
[18:49] | And that’s what I’m afraid of. | 我担心的就是这个 |
[19:11] | All right, let’s hurry on up, now. | 来吧 我们尽快干完 |
[19:21] | Bugayev is telling me that they are willing | 布加耶夫告诉我他们愿意 |
[19:23] | to reduce their oil output by | 在下月1日之前 |
[19:25] | another 20% by the first of next month. | 再减产20%的原油 |
[19:28] | What are the projections on gas prices? | 油价走势预测如何 |
[19:30] | North of 150 a barrel for oil. | 每桶原油超过150美元 |
[19:32] | Six, maybe $7 a gallon for fuel. | 汽油每加仑6到7块 |
[19:35] | My phone has been ringing off the hook, sir, | 我的电话都快被打爆了 先生 |
[19:37] | from the U.K. to Poland. | 从英国到波兰都打个不停 |
[19:39] | The IMF wants to help us | 国际货币基金组织希望 |
[19:41] | with the debt relief solution. | 帮助我们制定债务免除方案 |
[20:05] | Sir? | 先生 |
[20:08] | We need to respond to strength with strength. | 我们得以暴制暴 |
[20:12] | Well, I don’t know how we could be any stronger, | 我不知道我们还要怎么”暴” |
[20:14] | other than to invade Russia. | 除非入侵俄罗斯 |
[20:19] | And what if we do? | 如果我们那么做了呢 |
[20:22] | – Excuse me, sir? – Not with troops. | -什么 先生 -不是动用军队 |
[20:25] | With fear. | 而是用恐惧 |
[20:27] | He’s never trusted us. | 他从未信任过我们 |
[20:29] | He already thinks we’re behind Milkin’s failed coup. | 他已经觉得我们操纵了米尔金失败的政变 |
[20:31] | What if we put Milkin in a position to succeed. | 如果我们让米尔金有机会取得成功呢 |
[20:34] | Now, I don’t care if Milkin actually succeeds. | 我并不在乎米尔金是不是真能成功 |
[20:37] | Unfreeze all his assets. Fly him to a border country. | 解冻他一切财产 让他飞去接壤国家 |
[20:41] | Put him in a room with other dissidents. | 让他跟其他异见者见面 |
[20:45] | Petrov needs to know that we’ll stop at nothing. | 得让佩特罗夫知道我们不会罢休 |
[20:48] | Sir, the diplomatic repercussions of such an action– | 先生 这样的行为将造成外交影响… |
[20:51] | All I want is the appearance. | 我只想装装样子 |
[20:53] | Let’s look at best and worst case scenarios as soon as possible. | 尽快估计一下最好和最坏的结果 |
[20:57] | Thank you very much. | 多谢了 |
[21:52] | Oh, I’m sorry. I thought you were– | 抱歉 我以为 |
[21:53] | That bed was too stiff. | 那床太硬了 |
[21:56] | – I’ll sleep in there then. – Sleep in here. | -那我过去睡吧 -就睡这儿吧 |
[22:22] | We had the mattress on the floor. | 我们以前在地板上铺床垫 |
[22:24] | What? | 什么 |
[22:26] | That first year, the mattress and those lumpy pillows. | 头一年 床垫还有邦邦硬的枕头 |
[22:31] | Which you used to steal from me in the middle of the night. | 你大半夜还老偷我的 |
[22:34] | Well, because you would hog all the covers. | 还不是因为你把被子都拽走了 |
[22:36] | God, we were living like heathens. | 天呐 我们当时过得真够差的 |
[22:39] | Well, because we were spending everything we had on the race. | 那是因为我们把一切都投入了竞选 |
[22:44] | I remember I used to think this place was a palace, though. | 但我记得我以前把这里想作宫殿 |
[22:50] | – It was. – Not compared to the ranch. | -这里是座宫殿 -跟农场没法比 |
[22:53] | Well, it was a palace because it was ours. | 是座宫殿 是因为它属于我们 |
[22:58] | Good night, Francis. | 晚安 弗兰西斯 |
[24:13] | The press has surrounded the house. | 媒体都包围了房子 |
[24:14] | I can’t leave the damn place | 我根本出不去 |
[24:16] | until I know exactly what I’m gonna say. | 得先想好我究竟该说什么 |
[24:18] | We need to cancel your events. | 我们得取消您的活动 |
[24:19] | Of course we need to cancel my events. | 当然得取消了 |
[24:20] | – The expression on my face is a– – What’s going on? | -我脸上的表情… -怎么回事 |
[24:23] | …taken in a nondescript location, | …拍摄地点未知 |
[24:24] | does not seem to be a direct endorsement for the KKK. | 似乎并非是直接对三K党的支持 |
[24:28] | – My God. – My father. | -天呐 -我父亲 |
[24:31] | Sir? Congresswoman Jones is heading back to Texas. | 先生 琼斯议员女士要回德州了 |
[24:35] | Get her on the phone for me, right now. | 马上给我接通她的电话 |
[24:37] | Meechum, I need you to do me a favor. | 密查姆 你得去帮我个忙 |
[24:38] | There are no clues at the moment | 现在尚不清楚 |
[24:40] | as to who may be responsible, | 此事是谁所为 |
[24:41] | 损坏公物行为将安德伍德与三K党联系了起来 南卡罗来纳州 加夫尼 | |
[24:42] | but Gaffney PD is taking the canvas picture down | 加夫尼警察正在取下照片 |
[24:45] | within the hour for further examination. | 一小时内就能完成 以备进一步调查 |
[24:49] | On primary day. | 就在初选这天 |
[24:51] | I can’t verify anything yet in terms of who it is, | 我现在无法证实任何事 那是谁 |
[24:54] | or even whether it’s real, or– | 或者照片是否是真 |
[25:02] | The day before New Hampshire, there’s a marriage story, | 新罕布什尔前一天 是婚姻问题的报道 |
[25:04] | and now in South Carolina we have this? | 现在在南卡罗来纳又闹这事 |
[25:07] | Uh, how are we getting blindsided? | 我们为什么会遭偷袭 |
[25:10] | – I should get that– – Let it ring. | -我该接一下 -让它响去吧 |
[25:13] | Look… | 听着 |
[25:15] | I didn’t even know about the fight until you told me. | 吵架的事还是你告诉我我才知道 |
[25:18] | And how was I supposed to know about this photo? | 你怎么能指望我知道照片的事 |
[25:20] | Because it is your job to get out ahead of this shit. | 因为预防这种烂事就是你的职责 |
[25:22] | The oppo team should’ve tracked this down. That’s the campaign. | 这事该是对手研究团队去挖 竞选就是如此 |
[25:25] | So, if Vaughn didn’t know, or the president didn’t tell him… | 如果沃恩不知道 或是如果总统没告诉他 |
[25:28] | It has to be somebody close to him. Someone with a lot of access. | 肯定是他身边的人 能掌握很多情况的人 |
[25:34] | The president’s on the line. | 总统打来了 |
[25:41] | Sir, it’s Doug. I’m in here with Seth. | 先生 是道格 赛斯也在 |
[25:43] | I’m gonna tell the truth. I’m gonna say it is my father. | 我要说实话 我要说那是我父亲 |
[25:46] | That’s probably the best response, | 如果能说得好 |
[25:47] | if you have a good way to frame it. | 这样回应或许最好 |
[25:48] | I know what to say. The question is where. | 我知道该说什么 问题是在哪说 |
[25:51] | One-on-one. Something exclusive. | 一对一 独家采访 |
[25:54] | Not in front of the media. | 不能跟媒体说 |
[25:55] | I need to connect directly to the voters, | 我得直接对选民说 |
[25:56] | the African American voters. | 非裔选民 |
[25:58] | Mr. President, I’ve got the Secretary of State. | 总统先生 国务卿打来了 |
[25:59] | I’ll call her back. | 我回头再打过去 |
[26:01] | Hang on, boys. Meechum? | 稍等 密查姆 |
[26:03] | It’s here, sir. | 还在这儿 先生 |
[26:05] | What can you tell me? | 你都了解到了什么 |
[26:06] | Yesterday, a woman named Leslie McIntyre | 昨天 一个叫莱斯利·麦金泰尔的女人 |
[26:09] | opened a new box. | 开了个新保险箱 |
[26:10] | I’m having the name run now, | 我正在查这个名字 |
[26:11] | but it looks like she used a fake social. | 但她似乎用了假社保号 |
[26:13] | What about security footage? | 监控录像呢 |
[26:15] | They reset the cameras every morning. | 他们每天早上重置摄像头 |
[26:16] | I asked what she looked like | 我问了她长什么样 |
[26:17] | and all the manager said is that it was a Caucasian brunette. | 经理只说是个白人黑发女人 |
[26:20] | Nothing strange about her. | 没什么异常之处 |
[26:21] | All right. Bring the box back here. | 好吧 把盒子拿回来 |
[26:23] | Don’t let it out of your sight. | 一刻别让它离开你的视线范围 |
[26:29] | As far as I know, there’s only one photograph. | 就我所知 只有一张照片 |
[26:30] | Meechum says it’s still at the bank. | 密查姆说照片还在银行 |
[26:35] | Sir, it’s just me. | 先生 是我一个人了 |
[26:38] | Are you thinking what I’m thinking? | 你跟我想到一起了吗 |
[26:40] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[26:42] | Well, you keep an eye on him. | 你盯住他 |
[26:49] | I want emails and phone records of everyone in the White House. | 我要白宫所有人的邮件和电话记录 |
[26:52] | Including yours. | 包括你的 |
[26:54] | Mine? You honestly think– | 我的 你真觉得… |
[26:56] | Is there a problem? | 有什么问题吗 |
[26:58] | No. | 没有 |
[27:01] | Good. | 很好 |
[27:08] | It’s unfortunate. | 真是不幸 |
[27:09] | Ms. Dunbar! Ms. Dunbar? Ms. Dunbar? | 邓巴女士 邓巴女士 |
[27:11] | The imagery… | 这样的画面 |
[27:12] | That anyone would try to inflame racial discord | 居然有人靠如此卑劣的手段 |
[27:14] | by doing something so base. | 企图煽动种族不和 |
[27:17] | Whether it’s Calvin Underwood isn’t the point. | 那是不是凯文·安德伍德根本不重要 |
[27:19] | If it is, and we have no confirmation on that, | 即便是 这一点我们无法确认 |
[27:22] | I mean… Who put this up? And why? | 那么是谁挂上去的 为什么要这么做 |
[27:25] | Who knows. | 谁知道呢 |
[27:26] | And the sins of the father aren’t necessarily the sins of the son. | 而且父亲的罪未必是孩子的罪 |
[27:29] | But… it’s troubling. Very troubling. | 但 这令人不安 十分不安 |
[27:33] | Stunts like these have the potential to open old wounds. | 这样的伎俩很可能揭开旧疮疤 |
[27:37] | We can’t let that happen. We need to rise above it. | 我们不能允许那样的事发生 我们得不受其影响 |
[27:40] | Make clear, no matter who you support, | 要明白 不管你支持谁 |
[27:43] | that this sort of behavior will not be tolerated. | 这样的行为是不可容忍的 |
[27:46] | Get me Reverend Clark and Gene Clancy on the phone. | 给我接克拉克牧师和吉恩·克兰希 |
[28:09] | Hey, they want you out by the bus. | 他们要你去大巴那边 |
[28:12] | By the bus? | 大巴那边 |
[28:13] | – Um, who are you? – Sorry. | -你是谁 -抱歉 |
[28:15] | Mark from the Butler County office. | 巴特勒县办公室的马克 |
[28:17] | They want all the Cincinnati volunteers | 他们要辛辛那提的志愿者 |
[28:18] | to gather by the bus for a photo with Dunbar. | 都去大巴那边集合跟邓巴合影 |
[28:20] | Jenn told me I wasn’t supposed to leave– | 珍告诉我我不能离开岗位的 |
[28:21] | That’s why she sent me. | 所以她叫我过来喊你 |
[28:23] | She didn’t want you to miss the photo. Go. | 她不希望你错过合影 去吧 |
[28:24] | Out by the bus? | 大巴那边吗 |
[28:26] | She told me to cover for you. | 她叫我替你 |
[28:28] | Okay, um… | 好 |
[28:30] | well, there were a couple of no-shows, | 有几个人没来 |
[28:31] | but, you know, otherwise, everyone’s here. | 其他人都来了 |
[28:33] | – Okay. Thanks. – Very convenient. Thanks. | -好 谢谢 -太棒了 谢谢 |
[28:35] | Enjoy. | 快去吧 |
[29:14] | I’m David Grimes with the Cleveland Plain Dealer. | 我是《克利夫兰老实人报》的戴维·格里姆斯 |
[29:17] | Where’s your credential? | 你的证件呢 |
[29:18] | I was an idiot and left it in the car. | 我蠢得把证件忘在车里了 |
[29:20] | They recognized me at the check-in desk, though. | 不过前台签到处的人认识我 |
[29:24] | I can direct you to the bullpen, | 我可以带你去等候处 |
[29:25] | but this area is off-limits to the press. | 但是这一区不对媒体开放 |
[29:27] | I’m actually supposed to do an interview with Cynthia Driscoll. | 我其实是来采访辛西娅·德里斯科尔的 |
[29:29] | The Advance guys said I should come this way. | 先遣人员叫我来这边 |
[29:33] | Wait here. | 在这里等一下 |
[29:43] | I’m sorry, Mr. President, we just can’t do it. | 抱歉 总统先生 我们做不到 |
[29:47] | Forty-five percent of the vote here is African American. | 这里45%的选票在非裔手中 |
[29:49] | You and your mother standing by my side | 你和你母亲对我的支持 |
[29:52] | would go a long way to put this– | 会有很重要的作用… |
[29:53] | I am running for Congress in a black and Latino district. | 我在一个非裔及拉丁裔的选区竞选议员 |
[29:57] | My mother was beaten and hosed down in marches. | 我母亲曾在游行时被暴打 被水冲 |
[30:00] | You want us to vouch for a man whose father was in the KKK? | 你想让我们替一个三K党人的儿子作担保吗 |
[30:04] | – No, he was not in the Klan. – That was him in that picture. | -不 他不是三K党 -照片上那个就是他 |
[30:07] | Yes, but I’ve explained that. | 对 可这个我已经解释过了 |
[30:08] | This is the state where the Civil War started, | 内战就是在本州掀起的 |
[30:10] | where you can still see rebel flags on bumper stickers. | 有些人汽车保险杠上还贴着南军旗贴纸 |
[30:13] | There is a history of racist brutality here, Mr. President. | 这里曾有很严重的种族暴行 总统先生 |
[30:17] | Those sort of symbols matter. | 那种符号影响很大 |
[30:20] | Could you put your mother on, please? | 能让你母亲接电话吗 |
[30:25] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[30:26] | He wants to speak to you. | 他想跟你说话 |
[30:32] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[30:33] | Listen, we need to stand together. Now, I’ve endorsed Celia. | 听着 我们需要团结 我为西莉娅背书了 |
[30:37] | Claire can do a great deal for her in Texas. | 克莱尔在德州能给她帮很大忙 |
[30:40] | She’s better off without the Underwoods at this point. | 现在远离安德伍德一家对她更好 |
[30:43] | But what about your clinic? | 那你的诊所呢 |
[30:44] | Imagine how that would look, holding our clinic for ransom. | 你要是拿我们的诊所要挟我 别人会怎么看 |
[30:48] | I’m appealing to your goodwill, Congresswoman. | 我是想博取您的好意 议员女士 |
[30:51] | When we stop getting beaten and shot… | 等我们不再遭受殴打和枪击 |
[30:56] | you’ll have my goodwill, Mr. President. | 我会好意待您的 总统先生 |
[30:59] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[31:07] | Get me Gene Clancy again. | 再接吉恩·克兰希 |
[31:12] | What if it’s Oren Chase, Francis? | 会不会是奥林·蔡斯 弗兰西斯 |
[31:14] | He could’ve gotten his hands on a copy. | 他也可能拿到一份副本 |
[31:16] | There may be more than one. | 照片可能不止一张 |
[31:19] | Meechum first, then Clancy. | 先打给密查姆 然后克兰希 |
[31:27] | Lucas? | 卢卡斯 |
[31:29] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[31:31] | – I thought you were– – I was. I’m… I’m out now. | -我还以为你… -是的 不过已经出来了 |
[31:34] | This is important. | 这很重要 |
[31:37] | Mr. President, was your father a racist? | 总统先生 您父亲是种族主义者吗 |
[31:47] | Was your father a racist? | 您父亲是种族主义者吗 |
[31:52] | Mrs. Underwood, is your mother okay? | 安德伍德夫人 你母亲还好吗 |
[31:57] | Mr. President! | 总统先生 |
[32:03] | – Mr. Chase? – Who are you? | -蔡斯先生 -你是谁 |
[32:05] | United States Secret Service. | 特勤局的 |
[32:07] | We’re not after you, Mr. Chase. | 我们要的不是你 蔡斯先生 |
[32:08] | We’re after whoever put you up to it. | 我们是想要指使你这么干的人 |
[32:09] | Put me up to what? | 指使我做什么 |
[32:11] | You can answer me here, | 你可以现在回答我 |
[32:12] | or we can go to the Columbia field office for questioning. | 或者我们可以去问哥伦比亚办事处 |
[32:15] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[32:16] | All right, I need you to come with me, sir. | 请您跟我来一下 先生 |
[32:18] | – Now, hold on. – Step outside, sir. | -等等 -请出来 先生 |
[32:21] | I wanna talk to a lawyer. | 我要找律师 |
[32:23] | I need backup at 4126. | 4126号需要支援 |
[32:25] | – Come on, that’s not necessary. – Not if you cooperate, sir. | -没必要这样吧 -除非你合作 先生 |
[32:30] | If I talk to you, I won’t get in trouble? | 我告诉你不会惹麻烦吧 |
[32:34] | I swear to God, Ms. Dunbar. It’s all true. | 我向上帝起誓 邓巴女士 这都是真的 |
[32:36] | Then where’s the proof? | 证据呢 |
[32:37] | I don’t have the means, but you do. | 我没办法找证据 但你可以 |
[32:41] | You’ve investigated him before. You know he’s dangerous. | 你调查过他 你知道他很危险 |
[32:43] | Mr. Goodwin– | 古德温先生 |
[32:44] | Why would he go after me if I wasn’t onto something? | 如果我不是查到了真相 他为什么要针对我 |
[32:46] | This was a high-level sting operation. | 这是一起高级钓鱼执法 |
[32:49] | Major resources were dedicated to it. | 为此调动了大量资源 |
[32:51] | I’m… I was a journalist, no criminal record. | 我原本是个记者 没有犯罪记录 |
[32:53] | How am I suddenly such a threat, unless I’m– | 怎么突然就成了威胁 除非我… |
[32:55] | Even if I did believe you, | 就算我相信你 |
[32:56] | I am no longer part of the DOJ. I am a private citizen now. | 我已经不是司法部的了 现在只是个普通市民 |
[33:00] | Who’s running for president– | 正在竞选总统 |
[33:01] | Aren’t you breaking WITSEC protocol by being here? | 你来这儿不违反证人保护计划的规定吗 |
[33:04] | I am no longer comfortable with this. | 我不想再跟他谈了 |
[33:05] | You’re… you’re my last chance. Please! | 你是我最后的机会 求你了 |
[33:08] | – I suggest that you go back home. – I’m… The things I’ve– | -我建议你还是回家吧 -我 可是我 |
[33:10] | – Don’t make us get security involved. – Please. Just– | -别逼我们叫保安 -求你了 就 |
[33:12] | Just give us five minutes until she’s out of the building. | 你得在这儿等五分钟 让她先离开 |
[33:15] | Please. Please listen to me. | 求你了 求你听我说 |
[33:18] | I’m… I’m begging you. | 我求你了 |
[33:20] | Just help me… | 帮帮我 |
[33:22] | Help. | 帮帮我 |
[33:30] | Please, please… | 求你了 求你了 |
[33:35] | Oh, God… | 天呐 |
[33:38] | How could you put me in a room with him? | 你怎么能让我跟他见面 |
[33:40] | I didn’t know what he was gonna say. | 我并不知道他想要说什么 |
[33:42] | But I assumed that if he went to such great lengths– | 不过我以为他这么煞费苦心 |
[33:43] | The DUI, that’s all he has proof of. That’s nothing. | 他只有酒驾的证据 那什么都不算上 |
[33:47] | Even I have helped people get off for that. | 我都帮过别人逃脱酒驾的惩罚 |
[33:49] | – There’s the affair… – With no evidence. | -还有外遇 -没证据 |
[33:51] | Then he leaps to murder… Two murders? | 他又扯什么谋杀 还杀了两个 |
[33:54] | The man is troubled. | 这人有病 |
[33:56] | We saw the look in his eye. | 他那眼神我们都看见了 |
[33:57] | I thought he might have something real. | 我以为他有什么真凭实据呢 |
[34:00] | He used to be a good editor. | 他以前做编辑做得挺好的 |
[34:02] | And now he is a convicted felon. | 可他现在是个定了罪的重犯 |
[34:04] | You said no stone unturned. | 你说要想尽一切办法的 |
[34:08] | I’m sorry, I should have thought better of it. | 对不起 我应该想得更周到一些的 |
[34:11] | Yes, you should have. | 是啊 你是应该 |
[34:15] | Let’s let it go. How are we doing in South Carolina? | 就这样吧 我们在南卡罗来纳情况如何 |
[34:18] | Early exit polls are good. | 早期出口民调结果不错 |
[34:20] | – We have a shot at winning. – Actually winning? | -我们有机会赢 -真能赢吗 |
[34:23] | That billboard’s done real damage. | 那个广告牌造成了不小的破坏 |
[34:29] | I appreciate you doing this, Gene. | 你能这么做我很感激 吉恩 |
[34:31] | You’re really saving my life here. | 你真是救了我一命 |
[34:33] | Just remember it when I run for county executive. | 等我竞选县长的时候你记着就行 |
[34:35] | I’ll be down here whenever you need me. | 你随时需要我随时过来 |
[34:37] | Oh, it’s not the when, it’s the what. And how much. | 重点不在时间 而是给什么和给多少 |
[34:43] | Afternoon, Oren. | 下午好 奥林 |
[34:45] | – Mr. President. – Have a seat. | -总统先生 -坐吧 |
[34:52] | Didn’t you learn your lesson with all that Peachoid nonsense? | 上次大桃子的事你还没长记性啊 |
[34:56] | Well, you promised to help me with the 4th. | 你说了要帮我搞定第4选区的 |
[35:03] | I let my bitterness get the better of me. | 我被怨恨蒙蔽了 |
[35:08] | Who specifically approached you? A woman? | 谁找的你 一个女的吗 |
[35:10] | – Brunette? – Yeah. | -黑头发 -对 |
[35:12] | Uh, about so tall, good-looking. | 大概这么高 挺好看的 |
[35:16] | Wouldn’t give me her name. | 也不告诉我名字 |
[35:18] | We should get photos | 我们应该把所有的 |
[35:19] | of everyone in Dunbar’s staff that fits that description. | 邓巴团队里符合描述的人的照片找来 |
[35:22] | Already compiling it, ma’am. | 已经在整理了 夫人 |
[35:26] | And as for you… | 至于你嘛 |
[35:28] | you’re gonna plant yourself in front of as many TV cameras | 你要去上电视 越多越好 |
[35:31] | that can gather around that bony ass of yours. | 愿意拍你的都去上 |
[35:33] | You’re gonna be wracked with guilt and overcome with conscience. | 你要表现出万分愧疚 然后良心发现 |
[35:36] | And you do that and I’ll make sure that you aren’t charged. | 你做好了 我就确保你不会被起诉 |
[35:40] | You want me to say it was Dunbar? | 你想让我说是邓巴指使的吗 |
[35:41] | Come on, be smarter than that, Oren. She’ll sue you for slander. | 拜托 聪明点 奥林 她会告你诽谤的 |
[35:44] | Just say you were bought | 说你被收买了就行 |
[35:45] | and people will connect the dots on their own. | 剩下的大家自己就能琢磨出来 |
[35:47] | Get him out of here. | 把他带走吧 |
[35:52] | I hope you don’t Welsh on | 我希望你不会像 |
[35:53] | your promise to me the way you did with Oren. | 对待奥林那样违背对我的诺言 |
[35:55] | You’re family, Gene. I would never betray one of the family. | 你是家人 吉恩 我决不会背叛家人 |
[35:59] | Shall we? | 走吧 |
[36:03] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[36:04] | Many of you voted for me for mayor | 你们很多人曾选我当市长 |
[36:07] | because you’ve known me your whole lives. | 是因为你们认识我一辈子了 |
[36:10] | Well, I’ve known Frank Underwood my whole life. | 而我认识弗兰克·安德伍德一辈子了 |
[36:13] | He’s my friend and I trust him, | 他是我的朋友 我信任他 |
[36:16] | and I don’t care what’s on that billboard. | 我不在乎那个广告牌上挂了什么 |
[36:19] | I’m proud he’s my president, | 我为他是我的总统感到自豪 |
[36:22] | and I’m proud to have… be standing with him here today. | 我也为今天能同他站在一起而自豪 |
[36:34] | Thank you, Gene. | 谢谢 吉恩 |
[36:40] | Yesterday, I stood in this church… | 昨天 我站在这个教堂里 |
[36:43] | and I talked about community. | 我提到了我们这个群体 |
[36:45] | I talked about our collective strength, | 我提到了我们集体的力量 |
[36:48] | black and white, coming together during times of crisis. | 无论是黑人还是白人 在危机时刻走到一起 |
[36:53] | And today there’s probably a lot of you who think I’m a hypocrite. | 今天肯定有很多人觉得我是个伪君子 |
[37:00] | How can a man whose father was in the KKK stand up here | 一个父亲是三K党的人 怎么可能站在这里 |
[37:04] | and mean the things he said? | 真心实意地说出那些话呢 |
[37:07] | Yes, that is my father in that photograph, | 没错 照片上的人是我父亲 |
[37:09] | I’m not going to deny it. | 我不会否认 |
[37:11] | But the truth is he wasn’t in the Klan. | 但事实是 他不是三K党的人 |
[37:16] | The year that photo was taken, | 拍照片的那年 |
[37:18] | my father needed $5,000 to pay off our debts, | 我父亲需要五千美元偿还债务 |
[37:23] | or the bank was gonna foreclose on our farm. | 不然银行就要没收我们的农场 |
[37:27] | Now, my father went to every other bank | 父亲跑遍了这附近 |
[37:31] | within a hundred miles of here, | 方圆百里内的所有银行 |
[37:32] | and no one would give him a loan. | 没一个愿意贷款给他 |
[37:34] | He asked friends, he asked family, | 他向朋友 向亲戚借 |
[37:36] | but nobody had that kind of money. | 但没人有那么多钱 |
[37:38] | And we were about to lose everything. | 我们马上就要倾家荡产了 |
[37:41] | Now, at the time, the owner of the Gaffney First Bank | 当时 加夫尼第一银行的行长 |
[37:45] | was a member of the Klan. | 是三K党的成员 |
[37:47] | Some of you know that. | 这在座的一些人知道 |
[37:48] | And he would do whatever the Klan told him to do, | 他完全听从三K党的指挥 |
[37:50] | and my father knew that. | 我父亲也清楚这一点 |
[37:53] | So my father did what he had to do. | 所以父亲就做了他不得不做的 |
[37:56] | He went to a meeting and begged the leader of that chapter | 他参加了一次集会并乞求那个分会的头头 |
[37:59] | to talk to the owner of the bank. | 在银行行长面前说句话 |
[38:01] | And at that meeting, that’s when that photograph was taken. | 照片就是拍摄于那次集会 |
[38:05] | The only reason he was there was to try to save our farm. | 他出现在那里仅仅是为了挽救我们的农场 |
[38:11] | Now, Calvin Underwood hated himself for going to that meeting. | 凯文·安德伍德痛恨自己参加了那次会议 |
[38:14] | He hated himself for taking that photograph. | 也痛恨自己拍下了那张照片 |
[38:16] | But he would’ve hated himself even more if he’d lost our farm… | 但会让他更痛恨自己的 是不能保住我们的农场 |
[38:21] | if he hadn’t been able to provide and support his family. | 是不能养活自己的家人 |
[38:25] | Now, look, I’m not trying to ask you to forgive him | 我不会试着让你们原谅他 |
[38:28] | being in that photograph. | 出现在那张照片中 |
[38:30] | He probably thought no one would ever see it. | 他大概以为永远不会有人看到这照片 |
[38:33] | But I am asking you to empathize with his predicament. | 但我恳请大家同情他的困境 |
[38:39] | And ask yourselves… | 并扪心自问… |
[38:41] | what would you do to save your family? | 你们会为挽救自己的家庭做些什么 |
[38:45] | Now, whoever stole that photograph and vandalized that billboard, | 那盗取了照片 破坏了广告牌的人 |
[38:48] | they’re not trying to unearth some big scandal about my past, | 他们的目的不是要揭露关于我过去的重大丑闻 |
[38:51] | ’cause it just isn’t true. | 因为真相并非如此 |
[38:52] | What they’re trying to do is divide us. | 他们的目的是让我们分裂 |
[38:55] | What they really wanna succeed in doing | 他们真正要达到的目的 |
[38:57] | is making sure you don’t vote for me today. | 是确保大家今天不把票投给我 |
[39:02] | They’ve gone to a whole lot of trouble | 他们为玷污我的形象 |
[39:03] | to make me look pretty bad. | 真是煞费苦心 |
[39:05] | But that’s politics. | 但这就是政治 |
[39:09] | My hope in coming here today… | 我今天来到这里 |
[39:13] | and speaking openly and honestly about this… | 开诚布公地对这件事发表声明 是希望 |
[39:17] | is that we can stay united. | 我们能够保持团结 |
[39:19] | So my plan is to stay here as long as it takes, | 因此我打算一直待在这里 |
[39:23] | to speak to each one of you individually, | 跟每一个人单独交谈 |
[39:26] | and answer every question that you might have. | 解答你们所有的疑问 |
[39:30] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[39:40] | Thank you very much, ma’am. | 非常感谢 女士 |
[39:41] | President Underwood, | 安德伍德总统 |
[39:42] | speaking live in his home town of Gaffney, South Carolina, | 在他家乡南卡罗来纳州加夫尼发表现场讲话 |
[39:45] | addressing claims that | 回应称其父 |
[39:46] | his father was a member of the Ku Klux Klan. | 是三K党成员的言论 |
[39:49] | A billboard there was vandalized late last night | 昨晚当地一块公告牌遭到破坏 |
[39:52] | with a photo of his father standing | 被挂上了一张总统父亲站在一名 |
[39:54] | next to a man in Klan robes | 身着三K党长袍的男子旁边的照片 |
[39:56] | with the caption, “Underwood 2016.” | 并配文 “安德伍德2016” |
[39:59] | As we’ve just seen, the president did not deny allegations | 正如我们刚刚所看到的 总统没有否认 |
[40:03] | that his father had some connection to the organization, | 其父亲与该组织有联系的指控 |
[40:06] | instead explaining that Calvin Underwood attended one meeting | 反而解释说凯文·安德伍德只参加了一次集会 |
[40:09] | as a last resort to save his family’s peach farm from foreclosure. | 是为避免家族桃园遭没收 不得已而为之 |
[40:14] | The president was subject to widespread criticism | 今早其家人被指与三K党 |
[40:17] | after news of his family’s alleged Klan connection broke this morning. | 有关联的消息一经传出 总统便饱受批评 |
[40:21] | Today’s primary result will show– | 今天的初选结果将会… |
[40:23] | I don’t know her name. I asked, but she wouldn’t tell me. | 我不知道她的名字 我问过 但她没说 |
[40:27] | And I deeply regret | 我深感懊悔 |
[40:28] | that I allowed my political leanings to compromise my better judgment. | 我让我的政治倾向影响了判断力 |
[40:34] | I want to apologize to anyone I might have offended | 我想对可能侵犯到的人道歉 |
[40:37] | by hoisting up such painful imagery. | 抱歉翻出了如此痛苦的画面 |
[40:41] | We’re getting calls asking if it was us. | 有人打电话问是不是我们做的 |
[40:43] | – Do you think someone from our team– – Absolutely not. | -你觉得是我们团队的人吗 -绝对不会 |
[40:47] | I think Underwood put this guy up to it. | 我觉得是安德伍德叫他这么说的 |
[40:49] | He’s trying to turn this back around on us. | 他想反过来坑我们 |
[40:52] | We need to deny, forcefully. | 我们必须坚决否认 |
[40:54] | I’m already putting a press avail together at your next event. | 我已经在下一场活动安排了媒体采访 |
[40:59] | Maybe we need to reconsider Goodwin. | 可能我们得再考虑一下古德温了 |
[41:02] | – What do you have in mind? – I’m not sure. | -你怎么想的 -我也不确定 |
[41:12] | Look at this. | 看这个 |
[41:19] | It came from the goddamn White House! | 是从白宫泄露的 |
[41:22] | We’re questioning the photographer now, sir. | 我们在讯问摄影师了 先生 |
[41:24] | I’ve got a statement prepared that | 我准备好了声明 |
[41:25] | this was a run-of-the-mill event, | 这只是个普通活动 |
[41:27] | that you took photos with lots of re-enactors. | 您和许多参与内战重演的演员合过影 |
[41:29] | It doesn’t matter how you spin it. | 你怎么解释都没用 |
[41:31] | I just stood in front of | 我刚刚在教堂 |
[41:33] | a group of African Americans in a church | 对一群非裔发表讲话 |
[41:35] | asking them to believe in me. | 请他们相信我 |
[41:37] | It’s bad enough they see my father next to a Klansman. | 他们看到我父亲和三K党人并立已够糟了 |
[41:39] | Now they see me next to a symbol of slavery. | 现在又看到我和奴隶制的象征站在一起 |
[41:42] | I wanna find out who’s leaking this shit, | 我要查出是谁泄露的 |
[41:44] | and I want their head on a goddamn stake! | 把他的头钉在木桩上 |
[41:50] | Sir, I have a theory. | 先生 我有个想法 |
[41:55] | I think… | 我觉得… |
[41:57] | Well, I think it might be Edward Meechum. | 我觉得可能是艾德华·密查姆 |
[42:00] | Meechum? | 密查姆 |
[42:02] | He knew about the argument between you and the First Lady. | 他知道您和第一夫人发生了争吵 |
[42:04] | He was there on that trip to Virginia. | 弗吉尼亚那次他也跟去了 |
[42:06] | He would never do something like this. | 他绝不会做出这种事来 |
[42:08] | Dunbar has a lot of money. | 邓巴有很多钱 |
[42:10] | Put out a statement to the networks | 向各大电视台发布声明 |
[42:11] | that I won’t be giving a concession speech. | 我不会发表落选讲话了 |
[42:13] | Sir… don’t you think that might look like you’re running from– | 先生 您不觉得这样看起来像在逃避 |
[42:15] | I just lost my home state. | 我刚刚输了我的家乡 |
[42:17] | I’m not gonna rake myself over the coals. | 我不想再折腾我自己了 |
[42:26] | Meechum? | 密查姆 |
[42:28] | I’m not ruling anyone out. | 我不能排除任何人 |
[42:39] | Sir? | 先生 |
[42:45] | I brought the safety deposit box for you. | 我把银行保险箱拿来了 |
[42:47] | You can put it down. | 放下吧 |
[42:51] | – Meechum. – Yes, sir? | -密查姆 -是 先生 |
[42:54] | Have I given you any reason to hurt me? | 我有没有给过你任何伤害我的理由 |
[42:58] | Hurt you, sir? | 伤害您 先生 |
[43:00] | Have I done you wrong in any way? | 我有没有过对不起你的时候 |
[43:03] | I’m sorry, sir, I don’t understand. | 抱歉 先生 我不明白 |
[43:15] | Look me in the eyes, Meechum. | 看着我的眼睛 密查姆 |
[43:17] | – Sir… – Meechum, shh. | -先生 -密查姆 |
[43:44] | Are you all right, sir? | 您还好吗 先生 |
[43:46] | I’ve been better. | 不怎么样 |
[43:51] | I’m still on duty. | 我还在执勤 |
[44:06] | Is there… | 有什么… |
[44:08] | anything I can do? | 我能做的吗 |
[44:09] | You could go out and stuff some ballot boxes for me. | 你可以出去帮我多投些票 |
[44:13] | – You’ll bounce back from this. – I sure hope I can. | -您能缓过来的 -真能就好了 |
[44:21] | Uh, when I got fired… | 我之前被国会警察… |
[44:23] | from the Capitol Police… | 开除以后 |
[44:26] | I mean, I know it doesn’t compare, but… | 我知道这不能相提并论 但是… |
[44:29] | I felt pretty bad. | 我特别难过 |
[44:32] | I thought my career was over. | 我以为我的职业生涯终结了 |
[44:35] | Then you turned everything around. | 然后您扭转了一切 |
[44:40] | You don’t get second chances in elections. | 在选举中 没有第二次机会 |
[44:43] | I know. | 我知道 |
[44:44] | But there’s a lot of primaries ahead. | 但还有很多场初选 |
[44:47] | All I’m saying is it’s not over. You’ll get through this. | 还没有结束 您能过这一关的 |
[44:53] | – I’m sorry, that must sound so stupid. – No, it doesn’t. | -抱歉 听起来一定很蠢 -没有 |
[44:59] | I appreciate it. | 我很感激 |
[45:07] | I’ll be out by the motorcade, sir, if you need anything. | 我去外面车队那里了 先生 有事叫我 |
[45:11] | Thank you, Meechum. | 谢谢 密查姆 |
[46:17] | I knew it, but I didn’t wanna believe it. | 我就知道 但是不愿相信 |
[46:46] | It’s only a wound. | 只是个伤口罢了 |
[46:47] | It’s not fatal. | 并不致命 |
[46:49] | My home state, Claire. | 我的家乡 克莱尔 |
[46:52] | Have a seat. | 坐 |
[46:54] | I end your race so you end mine? | 我终结了你的竞选 所以你以牙还牙 |
[46:55] | – Let me explain, Francis. – Spite, revenge! | -听我解释 弗兰西斯 -赌气 报复 |
[46:58] | Please, sit down. We need to talk. | 坐下吧 我们得谈谈 |
[47:03] | Nothing is going to come from anger right now. | 现在生气也没用 |
[47:25] | Last night when we were talking, you called this house a palace. | 昨晚聊天的时候 你说这座房子是宫殿 |
[47:29] | This is where we began. | 这是我们开始的地方 |
[47:32] | And do you remember when my mother almost left Daddy | 你还记得我母亲差点离开了爸爸 |
[47:35] | because he funded your campaign? | 就因为他资助了你的竞选吗 |
[47:37] | That’s how much she hated you. | 她就是那么讨厌你 |
[47:40] | But I didn’t care, | 但我当时不在意 |
[47:42] | because I saw something. I saw a future. | 因为我看到了你的潜质 我看到了未来 |
[47:44] | Our future. | 我们的未来 |
[47:46] | We had a future until you started destroying it. | 你开始摧毁一切之前 我们原本还有未来 |
[47:50] | Well, you wouldn’t have listened otherwise. | 要不你不会听的 |
[47:52] | I always listen to you. | 我一直都听你的 |
[47:54] | Only when it’s what you want to hear. | 只在我说了你想听的的时候 |
[47:57] | Well, all right, Claire. I’m listening now. | 好吧 克莱尔 我现在在听 |
[48:01] | What is it you so desperately needed to say? | 你有什么话这么想说 |
[48:05] | We’ve never lost a race in 30 years. | 三十年来我们从没输过竞选 |
[48:07] | We started here and we’ve always won. | 我们从这里开始 所向披靡 |
[48:10] | You and I, together. | 你我一起 |
[48:12] | But you are losing, Francis. | 但你要输了 弗兰西斯 |
[48:15] | People are getting killed at the gas pumps. | 人们承受不起高价油 |
[48:18] | America Works is falling flat. | 《美国就业法案》不及预期 |
[48:21] | Your campaign manager is ten years behind ten years ago. | 你的竞选经理看不清现在的形势 |
[48:25] | You don’t have a viable running mate. | 你没有值得考虑的竞选搭档 |
[48:27] | We both know it can’t be Donald Blythe. | 我们都清楚不能是唐纳德·布莱斯 |
[48:30] | Well, of course not. | 当然不能 |
[48:31] | But I have to win the goddamn nomination | 但我连名都提不上 |
[48:33] | before I can start worrying about winning. | 还考虑什么输赢 |
[48:34] | Even if I hadn’t done what I did, | 就算我没这么做 |
[48:36] | your race is in real trouble. | 你的竞选也问题重重 |
[48:39] | You need me, Francis. | 你需要我 弗兰西斯 |
[48:41] | My approvals are higher than yours. | 我的支持率比你高 |
[48:44] | I can help you win Texas. | 我能帮你赢下德州 |
[48:46] | Exactly. Which is why I didn’t want you running in Dallas. | 没错 所以我不希望你在达拉斯竞选 |
[48:49] | I need you at my side. | 我需要你在我身旁 |
[48:51] | Yes, but in a different way. | 没错 但是以另一种方式 |
[48:53] | Different how? | 什么方式 |
[48:55] | We make each other stronger, can we agree to that? | 我们能相互扶持 让彼此更强 对吧 |
[48:59] | When it’s working, but it’s not working. | 那得步调协调 但现在不是这样 |
[49:02] | We can make it work. | 我们能协调好 |
[49:04] | We can accomplish that future I saw when we first got married. | 我们能实现当初结婚时我看到的未来 |
[49:09] | It was us, as partners, real partners. | 我们作为搭档 真正的搭档 |
[49:14] | Let’s run together, again. | 我们再一起竞选吧 |
[49:16] | Not just as husband and wife. | 不只作为夫妻 |
[49:26] | You don’t mean… | 你不是指… |
[49:28] | Yes. | 没错 |
[49:33] | I’m worried about you, Claire. | 我很担心你 克莱尔 |
[49:37] | You’re not making any sense. You’ve let your ego get in the way– | 你在说疯话 你被自负蒙蔽了 |
[49:40] | I’ve always been your running mate. | 我一直都是你的竞选搭档 |
[49:42] | – You just didn’t wanna see it. – As my vice president? | -你只是不愿承认 -当我的副总统吗 |
[49:44] | – Jesus. Do you have any idea– – I’ve put a lot of thought into this. | -天啊 你知道这… -我反复考虑过了 |
[49:47] | You can’t have thought it through. | 你肯定没想清楚 |
[49:48] | – Because if you did, you’d come up – She has no experience. | -如果你真想透彻了 -她没经验 |
[49:50] | – with a million reasons– – She’s never run for anything. | -就能想到千万个理由 -她从没竞选过 |
[49:51] | No children, nepotism, arrogance, I’ve run through them all. | 无子 任人唯亲 傲慢 我都考虑过了 |
[49:57] | You can’t win without me. | 没我你赢不了 |
[50:02] | I would rather have a spineless Donald Blythe as my vice president | 我宁愿选懦弱的唐纳德·布莱斯当我的副总统 |
[50:06] | than a woman who’s never held elected office. | 也强过一个没当选过公职的女人 |
[50:09] | You’re losing to a woman who’s never held elected office. | 你要输给一个没当选过公职的女人了 |
[50:14] | You don’t deserve it. | 你不配 |
[50:17] | You have no idea what it means to have nothing. | 你没尝过一无所有的滋味 |
[50:21] | You don’t value what we have achieved. | 你不重视我们的成就 |
[50:25] | I have had to fight for everything my entire life. | 我这辈子事事都要靠自己努力争取 |
[50:34] | Do you know why I kept this? | 你知道我为什么留着这张照片吗 |
[50:37] | Do you know? | 你知道吗 |
[50:38] | Because it’s the one time I was proud of my father. | 因为这是我唯一一次为我父亲骄傲 |
[50:43] | Because this man, in this moment, as despicable as it was, | 因为这个男人在这一刻 虽然可鄙 |
[50:47] | is fighting to survive. | 在为生存而奋斗 |
[50:50] | He is doing whatever it took. | 他不惜一切 |
[50:54] | And so will I, with or without you. | 有没有你 我也会这样 |
[50:56] | So no, I will not have this conversation. | 所以我不要跟你谈下去了 |
[50:59] | I will not indulge you any further. | 我不会再纵容你了 |
[51:01] | You have to let this go. | 你得放弃 |
[51:03] | I can be a part of your campaign, or I can end it. | 我可以参与你的竞选 也可以终结你的竞选 |
[51:09] | I’ll do whatever it takes, too. Just like your father. | 我也会不惜一切 就像你父亲那样 |
[51:13] | But I will not let this go. | 但我不会放弃 |
[51:24] | I’ll need a car to the Greenville Airport. | 给我备辆车去格林维尔机场 |
[51:27] | To Dallas, yes. | 去达拉斯 没错 |
[51:39] | 在最先举行初选的几个关键州中 南卡罗来纳是黑人选民数量最多的一个州 尤其在民主党选民中 黑人更是占有非常大的比例 在2016年2月27日刚刚结束的南卡罗来纳州民主党选举中 出口民调显示61%的选民为黑人 所以民主党候选人只有赢得黑人的支持 才有可能拿下南卡 在本届选举的民主党初选中 希拉里·克林顿凭借丈夫在黑人社区中多年累积的人气和政治资本 赢得了86%的黑人选票 最终以84%对16%大胜对手佛蒙特州参议员桑德斯 | |
[51:59] | 在2016年大选中 也有候选人因与3K党的瓜葛而制造了大新闻 臭名昭著的前3K党头目戴维·杜克公开号召支持共和党候选人 纽约地产大亨唐纳德·特朗普 而特朗普在接受CNN专访时 在主持人的反复追问下 却拒绝同3K党划清界限 访谈播出后 引发了一波讨伐特朗普的声浪 虽然他过了很久后终于愿意同3K党划清界限 但许多共和党内的人士都认为他不适合继续参加总统竞选 在上届大选中赢得共和党党内初选的前马萨诸塞州州长米特·罗姆尼 高调发表讲话 号召党内选民不要投票给特朗普 然而共和党选民中黑人选民数量相对来说少得多 而特朗普在共和党初选中支持率高居不下 一定程度上是因为一些排斥移民并歧视少数裔的白人对他忠心耿耿 所以3K党访谈事件虽然让特朗普损失了一些粉丝 却没能阻止他在党内初选中继续领先 | |
[52:39] | 另外值得一提的是 在总统选举中 一个共识是候选人赢得”家乡州”是基本底线 弗兰克输掉了新罕布什尔 又在家门口栽了跟头 对他影响很大 在2016年的大选中 共和党候选人中特朗普一家独大 几个最有希望挑战他的党内候选人均面临很大压力 媒体认为除特朗普外的其余3名共和党候选人 如果不能在自己的家乡州取胜 那么将很难获得党内提名 |