时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | I just love your writing, Tom, | 我非常喜欢你的作品 汤姆 |
[00:09] | ever since Scorpio. | 从《天蝎》开始 |
[00:11] | I think it just gets better and better. | 我觉得你写得越来越好了 |
[00:14] | Oh, yeah? What else have you read? | 是吗 你还读过哪本 |
[00:17] | All of them. | 都读过 |
[00:18] | I thought the latest was brilliant, God’s Cauldron. | 我觉得你的新书很精彩 《上帝之釜》 |
[00:21] | – You read that? – In one sitting. | -你读过了 -一口气读完的 |
[00:24] | But what we’d really love to read | 但是我们最想读的一本 |
[00:26] | is your book on the Underwoods. | 是你那本关于安德伍德夫妇的书 |
[00:28] | Well, it’s changed. It’s fiction now. | 那个改了 改成小说了 |
[00:31] | But based on them. | 但原型是他们 |
[00:34] | People might draw parallels. | 人们可能会去对比 |
[00:35] | Would the Underwoods find it flattering? | 安德伍德夫妇会喜欢吗 |
[00:38] | I don’t think they’d be too happy with it. | 我觉得他们不会特别喜欢 |
[00:40] | How do you think it’ll do? | 你觉得会畅销吗 |
[00:43] | – Who knows? – Better than God’s Cauldron, I hope. | -谁知道 -希望比《上帝之釜》要好 |
[00:46] | Sales were disappointing, weren’t they? | 销量不高 是吗 |
[00:49] | In fact, they’ve been disappointing | 事实上 你过去十年 |
[00:50] | on everything you’ve written the past ten years. | 写的每一本书销量都不高 |
[00:53] | We can change that with this new book. | 我们可以用这本新书来扭转局面 |
[00:56] | I’m not a political tool. | 我可不是政治工具 |
[00:58] | We didn’t fly you up here because my wife’s a fan. | 我们接你来 不是因为我妻子是你的粉丝 |
[01:01] | I’m sure you had a notion of what we’re after. | 你肯定知道我们想要什么 |
[01:03] | I didn’t have any expectations. | 我什么想法都没有 |
[01:06] | I just came because I was curious. | 我来是出于好奇 |
[01:07] | Well, then let me satisfy your curiosity. | 那么让我来满足你的好奇心 |
[01:11] | If your book can hurt the Underwoods, | 如果你的书能伤到安德伍德夫妇 |
[01:14] | we want it to be published before the election, | 我们要让它在竞选之前出版 |
[01:16] | and we want it to be big. | 并且要让它畅销 |
[01:18] | Dana Treister, do you know her? | 戴娜·崔斯特 你认识吧 |
[01:21] | The editor of Vanity Fair. | 《名利场》的编辑 |
[01:22] | That’s right. She’s a close friend. | 是的 她是我的密友 |
[01:24] | And Ben Grant, founder of Pollyhop. | 还有本·格兰特 波利跳的创始人 |
[01:27] | I saw the webcast. | 我看到网络直播了 |
[01:28] | They don’t manipulate search results, | 他们没有篡改搜索结果 |
[01:30] | but let’s just say a big spread in Vanity Fair… | 但是 如果在《名利场》上大做广告… |
[01:33] | Nice juicy excerpt, | 精彩的选节 |
[01:35] | profile on Thomas Yates, his literary comeback. | 托马斯·耶茨的深度报道 他的文学回归 |
[01:39] | We’re on the cover this month, but… next month it could be you. | 我们本月上了封面 但下个月就可以是你 |
[01:43] | I’m on the Marxist side of Democrat. | 我是最民主党的民主党 |
[01:47] | Why would I help a Republican? | 我为什么要帮助共和党 |
[01:49] | You’d be helping yourself, Tom. | 你是帮你自己 汤姆 |
[01:51] | And if that helps us a little bit along the way, | 如果顺便帮助了我们 |
[01:53] | what’s the harm in that? | 又有何不可呢 |
[03:46] | Senator Dean Austen of Ohio, | 俄亥俄参议员迪恩·奥斯汀 |
[03:49] | the leadership’s top choice for running mate. | 领导层竞选搭档的首选 |
[03:51] | Twelve years in Congress, | 供职国会12年 |
[03:52] | helps us with a major swing state, | 能帮我们搞定这个重要摇摆州 |
[03:54] | middle of the road, very few enemies, | 立场中立 极少树敌 |
[03:56] | and most importantly to them, long-time friend of the NRA. | 他们最看重的 是全国步枪协会的老朋友 |
[04:00] | Now his shortcomings are he’s another middle-aged white guy, | 缺点是 也是个中年白人 |
[04:03] | underwhelming, unimaginative | 平庸无趣 |
[04:05] | and a long-time friend of the NRA. | 而且是全国步枪协会的老朋友 |
[04:08] | So you can see how I feel about the leadership’s choice. | 这就是我对领导层这个选择的态度 |
[04:11] | Senator. | 参议员 |
[04:12] | I’m honored, Mr. President. | 我很荣幸 总统先生 |
[04:15] | I just have one major reservation. | 我只有一个很大的顾虑 |
[04:18] | – Claire. – Yes, sir. | -克莱尔 -是的 先生 |
[04:20] | Well, between you and me, | 我只跟你说 |
[04:21] | I’m not even sure this gun bill is gonna pass. | 我都不确定这项枪支法案能否通过 |
[04:24] | But if I’m being asked to support it, | 但如果要求我支持它 |
[04:26] | you know the sort of hot water– | 我很难做… |
[04:27] | Yes, but I need you on the ticket | 是的 但我需要你作为竞选搭档 |
[04:29] | to balance our stance on guns. | 来平衡我们对待枪支的立场 |
[04:31] | We have to appeal to the Republicans as well. | 我们还要争取共和党的支持 |
[04:33] | And look, I’m not asking you to get behind the bill, | 我不要求你支持法案 |
[04:36] | just not to publicly trash it. | 只要不公然反对它就好 |
[04:38] | I know this is an important issue to you. | 我知道这对您很重要 |
[04:40] | It is important, | 确实很重要 |
[04:42] | but not as much as an experienced | 但不如一名经验丰富 |
[04:44] | leader who can deliver Ohio. | 能拿下俄亥俄的领导人重要 |
[04:48] | Then consider me on board, sir. | 那么我同意了 先生 |
[04:52] | We’re not sure we can get this to the floor before the election. | 我们不确定能在竞选前进入投票 |
[04:55] | That’s the deal we made. | 我们有言在先 |
[04:57] | You get Austen, we get the gun bill. | 奥斯汀的事如你们的愿 法案的事如我们的愿 |
[04:59] | We need a strong Senate version first, | 我们首先需要一份强势的参议院版本 |
[05:02] | so we don’t have two weak bills going into reconciliation. | 这样才能避免两部无力的法案相互调和 |
[05:04] | You want Austen, you will make this bill a reality. | 你们想要奥斯汀 就要让法案通过 |
[05:08] | Or, we can revisit the choice for running mate. | 或者 我们可以重新考虑竞选搭档的人选 |
[05:12] | No… let us see what we can do. | 别 让我们想想办法吧 |
[05:15] | I’ll call Mitchell. | 我打给米切尔 |
[05:18] | Gentlemen, | 各位 |
[05:19] | the future vice president. | 有请未来的副总统 |
[05:22] | – Congratulations, Dean. – Thank you very much. | -恭喜 迪恩 -非常感谢 |
[05:23] | – Welcome. – Thank you. Mrs. Underwood. | -欢迎 -谢谢 安德伍德夫人 |
[05:25] | – Nice to meet you. – Very nice to meet you. | -认识你很高兴 -我也是 |
[05:27] | So, how’s it going in here? | 你们这边怎么样了 |
[05:29] | Well, I think we’re in alignment. Wouldn’t you say? | 我们算是达成共识了 是吧 |
[05:34] | It’s been a productive meeting. | 这次会面很有成效 |
[05:35] | So, let’s talk about when we should announce. | 来谈谈什么时候宣布吧 |
[05:38] | I, uh, I need to soften the blow to the NRA | 正式宣布之前 我得安抚一下 |
[05:41] | before we go public. | 全国步枪协会那边 |
[05:42] | It’s imperative we keep a lid on this. | 一定要保守秘密 |
[05:45] | No leaks until we’re ready. | 绝不能提前泄露 |
[05:47] | Just the four of us in this room. | 只有我们四个知情 |
[05:50] | And Claire, of course. | 当然还有克莱尔 |
[05:51] | Well, I need to go do this quick interview. | 我有个简单采访要做 |
[05:53] | Um, let me know how it goes with Mitchell. | 米切尔那边的进展回头通知我 |
[05:58] | All right, I’m sure you have some– | 好了 你肯定有 |
[05:59] | Oh, leave that open. It gets so stuffy in here. | 开着吧 屋里太憋了 |
[06:02] | Let’s discuss the timing. | 来讨论一下时间吧 |
[06:04] | Was it you or the First Lady? | 是你还是第一夫人的主意 |
[06:06] | – First Lady all the way. – She thinks she can win me over? | -完全是第一夫人 -她觉得可以把我争取过去 |
[06:10] | She knows you’ll hit harder than anyone else. | 她知道你下手肯定最重 |
[06:12] | If she’s still standing by the end, maybe the bill has sea legs. | 如果她能坚持到最后 那法案或许就能成 |
[06:15] | – Kate. – Good morning, Mrs. Underwood. | -凯特 -早上好 安德伍德夫人 |
[06:19] | How about we talk in the Roosevelt Room? | 我们去罗斯福室谈吧 |
[06:25] | Support in the House is already wavering. | 国会的态度已经摇摆不定了 |
[06:27] | The public’s losing interest in guns. | 公众对枪的兴趣也在减退 |
[06:29] | Don’t you want to wait until we sit down? | 不等坐下再谈吗 |
[06:32] | Your staff only scheduled an hour. I want to make the most of it. | 我只有一小时的时间 得充分利用 |
[06:35] | Oh, it’s being used. | 被占了 |
[06:37] | Let’s find somewhere else. | 换个地方吧 |
[06:43] | Kate? | 凯特 |
[06:46] | Well, historically, gun reform comes and goes in waves, | 纵观历史 枪支改革的呼声潮起潮落 |
[06:49] | as you know, so I believe this time, it can be truly different. | 你也知道 我认为这次真的会不一样 |
[06:53] | All the data’s filtered here, within these walls. | 数据全部在这里进行过滤 |
[06:56] | My analysts do a first pass, but ultimately, | 分析师先初步过滤 最终 |
[06:58] | I do the final round myself. | 由我做最后的筛选 |
[07:01] | Our biggest concern is security. | 我们最关心的是安全问题 |
[07:03] | Top-grade firewall, same as you guys use at NSA headquarters. | 顶级防火墙 跟国安局总部的一样 |
[07:06] | What about internal security? | 内部安全呢 |
[07:09] | I’m the only one with full access. | 只有我一个有全部权限 |
[07:11] | So, if you do find anything, | 你要是真发现了什么 |
[07:12] | how do you communicate that to us in a secure way? | 怎么安全地转达给我们呢 |
[07:15] | In person. | 亲自 |
[07:17] | I’ll come to Fort Meade myself, or you come here. | 我亲自去米德堡 或是你过来 |
[07:19] | No hardware leaves the premises. | 设备不带出去 |
[07:22] | Can you walk us through how the filtering algorithms work? | 能讲讲你们的过滤算法吗 |
[07:26] | We’ll take firearms, for instance. | 拿枪支为例吧 |
[07:28] | If we start with everyone who legally owns a gun, | 从每个合法持有枪支的公民开始 |
[07:31] | track geo-location patterns through their phones, | 通过手机追踪用户的地理规律 |
[07:34] | we start to put together a portrait | 然后描绘一张 |
[07:35] | of where gun-owners live, eat, shop, everything. | 持有者生活 吃饭 购物 等等的地图 |
[07:40] | From this, we predict everyone who might want a firearm, | 根据这张图 我们预测未登记 |
[07:43] | but who isn’t registered. | 但有意购枪的公民 |
[07:45] | They’re likely to exhibit the same behavior as people who are. | 他们的行为模式很可能与合法持有者类似 |
[07:49] | You can use that for people who are interested in Arabic, | 这可以套用于对阿拉伯语感兴趣的人 |
[07:52] | uh, wanna travel to the Middle East, | 想去中东的人 |
[07:54] | who are disillusioned with the U.S. Government… | 或是对美国政府绝望的人 |
[08:03] | So the same techniques that | 跟我们全球监控 |
[08:05] | we’re using for our international surveillance. | 用的技术差不多 |
[08:08] | Yes… | 对 |
[08:09] | but far more advanced. | 但先进得多 |
[08:13] | Okay, turn a little bit towards me, Mrs. Conway. | 好了 转过来一点 康威夫人 |
[08:15] | Right. | 好 |
[08:21] | You look great, Hannah. | 你真美 汉娜 |
[08:23] | – What about the candidate? – Don’t get me started, Will. | -那候选人呢 -别逼我吐槽 威尔 |
[08:29] | – You’re really photogenic. – I know. | -你真上镜 -我知道 |
[08:35] | Franny Wallace, senior year. | 弗兰妮·华莱士 大四那年 |
[08:36] | – The all-Goldfish diet. – Did you have these put here specially? | -完全的金鱼食谱 -这些是特意摆这儿的吗 |
[08:39] | We roll out the platinum carpet, darling. | 都是最棒的 亲爱的 |
[08:42] | I wonder what Franny’s up to now. | 不知道弗兰妮现在在干什么 |
[08:44] | Hmm, not the Editor of Vanity Fair, I’ll tell you that. | 反正不是《名利场》的编辑 |
[08:46] | Or about to be the First Lady. | 或是即将当上第一夫人 |
[08:49] | Come a long way, haven’t we? | 我们真是成绩斐然啊 不是吗 |
[08:51] | Yeah, Will and I, um… Will and I appreciate your doing this. | 是啊 威尔和我 很感谢你这么做… |
[08:55] | It’s not charity. | 又不是无偿的 |
[08:56] | This issue will sell like crazy with you two on the front. | 这一期有你们俩做封面肯定会卖疯了 |
[08:59] | Well, I feel like I should return the favor. | 我还是觉得应该报答你 |
[09:01] | A night in the Lincoln Bedroom? | 让我在林肯卧室睡一晚 |
[09:04] | A story. | 一篇报道 |
[09:18] | You have a copy for me? | 带副本来了吗 |
[09:22] | An excerpt. | 这是一份摘要 |
[09:24] | – I need the whole book. – That’s all you get. | -我要整本书 -你只能拿到这个 |
[09:29] | Conway got the same thing. | 康威也拿到了一样的东西 |
[09:33] | – That was a mistake, Tom. – They came to me. | -这是个错误 汤姆 -他们来找我的 |
[09:36] | But they don’t get to publish… without my approval. | 但他们不能发表…除非我允许 |
[09:42] | So what do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[09:44] | – A meeting. – For? | -一次会面 -为了什么 |
[09:48] | You’re just a messenger, Doug. | 你只是个传话人 道格 |
[09:50] | You got your message. | 你听到我的话了 |
[09:54] | One week. | 给你一周 |
[09:58] | Thanks for the coffee. | 谢谢你请的咖啡 |
[10:03] | Mrs. Underwood, welcome. | 安德伍德夫人 欢迎 |
[10:05] | Thank you so much for recording this robocall. | 非常感谢您能来录制这段电话自动语音 |
[10:07] | It’ll go a long way in getting this bill passed. | 这对通过这项法案将有莫大的帮助 |
[10:09] | Well, thank you for all the extraordinary work you’re doing. | 谢谢你出色的工作 |
[10:13] | Uh, where would you like me? | 我要去哪里呢 |
[10:14] | Uh, Sally will show you where we set up for the recording. | 萨莉会带您去我们安排好进行录音的地方 |
[10:16] | Right this way, Mrs. Underwood. | 这边请 安德伍德夫人 |
[10:21] | LeAnn… | 莉安 |
[10:29] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[10:30] | Names, phone numbers, emails. | 姓名 电话号码 邮箱地址 |
[10:32] | A quarter million fresh targets. | 25万个新目标 |
[10:34] | A quarter million? Where’d you get this? | 25万 你从哪里拿到的 |
[10:37] | No return address. | 没写回信地址 |
[10:38] | It’s 50 times the names that we have. | 是我们这里掌握的名字的50倍 |
[10:40] | Is it legit? | 是真的吗 |
[10:41] | Looks like it. We made sample calls. | 好像是 我们试着打了几通电话 |
[10:45] | Hello, this is Claire Underwood. | 你好 我是克莱尔·安德伍德 |
[10:48] | I need to confess something… | 我要坦白一件事… |
[10:51] | something I’m not proud to confess. | 一件我并不引以为豪的事 |
[10:54] | When I was sitting beside my husband in the hospital… | 当我在医院里坐在我丈夫身旁时 |
[10:58] | all I thought about was me. | 我只考虑到我自己 |
[11:02] | My fear. My pain if I was to lose him. | 我的恐惧 一旦我失去他的痛苦 |
[11:07] | And it was selfish. | 这是自私的 |
[11:09] | I– I wasn’t thinking about everyone else | 我没有考虑到其他人 |
[11:11] | who had gone through that fear and pain, | 那些曾经历同样的恐惧和痛苦的人 |
[11:13] | who had to sit where I was sitting | 那些曾坐在我所坐的位置上 |
[11:16] | because a loved one was shot by someone who shouldn’t have a gun. | 他们所爱的人被不该持有枪支的人射伤的人 |
[11:22] | I’m ashamed because I’ve never done anything about it. | 我感到羞愧 因为我从未对此做过什么 |
[11:26] | I’m ashamed of how many lives we could’ve saved. | 我为本可拯救的那么多生命而羞愧 |
[11:31] | How many families we could’ve kept from suffering. | 那么多家庭本可避免这样的痛苦 |
[11:36] | We should all be ashamed, every one of us, | 我们都应该感到羞愧 我们每一个人 |
[11:39] | because the blood is on all of our hands, | 因为我们所有人都有责任 |
[11:42] | and doing nothing is the same as pulling a trigger. | 而什么都不做就等同于扣动扳机 |
[11:47] | We need to do something. | 我们得做点什么 |
[11:56] | And that means changing the law. | 那就是 修改法律 |
[12:46] | Senator Austen’s office. | 奥斯汀参议员办公室 |
[12:47] | More than 500 since this afternoon. | 从下午开始已经接到五百多个电话了 |
[12:50] | From our district? | 单单我们区吗 |
[12:51] | We have it light. | 我们都算少的 |
[12:52] | I’m hearing that other offices have gotten over a thousand. | 我听说其他办公室接到一千多个电话 |
[12:55] | Senator Austen’s office. I will take a message. | 奥斯汀参议员办公室 我会转达 |
[13:01] | Francis. | 弗兰西斯 |
[13:04] | You really shouldn’t. | 你真的不该这么做 |
[13:07] | Oh, one won’t kill me. | 抽一根不会死的 |
[13:09] | Did you finish it? | 你读完了吗 |
[13:16] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[13:19] | One part really caught my eye. | 有一个地方吸引了我 |
[13:25] | “A chasm opened up between them, | “一条裂缝在他们之间蔓延开来 |
[13:29] | a hallway less than ten yards wide. | 那是一条不到九米宽的走廊 |
[13:32] | But it might as well have been a thousand miles. | 但它就像有两千公里那么长 |
[13:35] | A well-appointed no man’s land | 这是一片布置精致的无人之地 |
[13:37] | with a plush carpet and high ceiling between two bedrooms. | 丝绒地毯和高悬的天花板隔开了两间卧房 |
[13:42] | In it were two centuries of ghosts, | 卧房里住着两个世纪的鬼魂 |
[13:45] | all the Presidents and First Ladies before them. | 之前所有的总统和第一夫人 |
[13:48] | But also the ghost… of their marriage. | 还有他们婚姻的鬼魂 |
[13:52] | A thirty years’ war that left them both dead inside | 30年的斗争 让他们的心都死了 |
[13:56] | and this dead space between them.” | 两人之间也是一片荒原” |
[14:03] | He’s perceptive. | 真有洞察力 |
[14:06] | Uncanny. | 简直可怕 |
[14:13] | Well, it’s not who we are. Not anymore. | 那已经不是我们了 已经变了 |
[14:18] | People will want to believe it’s true even if it’s false. | 就算是假的 人民还是愿意相信是真的 |
[14:23] | What do you think it is he wants to accomplish? | 你觉得他想得到什么 |
[14:29] | He came here one night, after I’d asked you to resign. | 我叫你辞职之后 有一晚他来过 |
[14:33] | He said he was obsessed. | 他说他很着迷 |
[14:37] | Or maybe he wants back in. | 也许他还想接着写 |
[14:48] | You felt something for him. | 你对他有感情 |
[14:51] | Maybe for a moment. | 有那么一刻吧 |
[14:57] | – Did you? – No, I don’t think so. | -你呢 -没有 |
[15:04] | I felt… | 我感觉 |
[15:07] | I felt like he saw me. | 我感觉他看得到我 |
[15:13] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[15:39] | Mr. Barnes. | 巴恩斯先生 |
[15:41] | I couldn’t stop thinking, since you called… | 你打过电话之后 我就一直在想 |
[15:44] | about Zoe. | 佐伊的事 |
[15:48] | – I guess I want answers. – That– That’s what I want, too. | -我想要个答案 -我也是 |
[15:52] | – What is it you want to know? – Was there… a relationship? | -你想知道什么 -他们有过恋情吗 |
[15:58] | With Underwood? | 她和安德伍德 |
[16:02] | When she was 17, just before she went off to school… | 她17岁时 去上学之前 |
[16:07] | she found out I was having an affair. | 她发现我有外遇 |
[16:10] | Sales rep, some drug company. | 药物公司的销售代表 |
[16:14] | Blonde. You know. | 是个金发妞 |
[16:17] | This isn’t, you know, on the record. | 这是非正式的谈话吧 |
[16:21] | No… No, not if you don’t want it to be. | 当然 你不想公开就不公开 |
[16:30] | You said she found out. | 你说她发现了 |
[16:32] | She gave me three days to tell her mother, or she would… | 她给我三天时间向她妈妈坦白 不然就 |
[16:41] | I’m sorry, I had a few drinks. | 抱歉 喝了点酒 |
[16:44] | – Did you tell her? – Yeah, I told her. | -你告诉她了吗 -告诉了 |
[16:47] | We split up. | 我们离婚了 |
[16:50] | Zoe didn’t talk to me much after that. | 那之后佐伊就不怎么理我了 |
[16:54] | I don’t know anything about Underwood. | 我不清楚安德伍德的事 |
[16:58] | I’m the last person she would’ve told. | 她肯定不会告诉我 |
[17:05] | I wish I would’ve… made more of an effort… | 我真希望我当初 能多尽点力 |
[17:11] | to reach out to her. | 跟她沟通 |
[17:13] | Are you driving, Mr. Barnes? | 你在开车吗 巴恩斯先生 |
[17:16] | Yeah. | 对 |
[17:19] | – I’m almost home. – You should pull over. | -我快到家了 -你该停车 |
[17:22] | Did you find out anything? | 你查到什么了吗 |
[17:25] | Anything you can tell me? | 可以告诉我的事 |
[17:27] | She didn’t have a lot of friends at the Herald. | 她在《先驱报》没几个朋友 |
[17:31] | Um, from what I can gather, | 就我的了解 |
[17:33] | she didn’t have any close friends at all. | 她就没有亲密的朋友 |
[17:36] | I spoke to some people in her neighborhood… | 我跟她邻里的人谈过 |
[17:40] | but nothing so far. | 但还没什么发现 |
[17:44] | Will you? | 你会告诉我吗 |
[17:46] | – If you… – Yeah, of course, of course. | -如果查到 -当然 |
[17:50] | If you think of anything… | 如果你想起了什么 |
[17:51] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[18:18] | Then what were you doing there? | 那你当时去那儿干什么 |
[18:20] | If I do a meeting at the White House, | 我去白宫开会 |
[18:21] | I don’t have to explain myself, Julia. | 还需要理由吗 茱莉亚 |
[18:23] | This bill might pass. | 法案可能会通过 |
[18:26] | – I realize that. – Are you helping them? | -我知道 -你在帮他们吗 |
[18:29] | Absolutely not. | 当然没有 |
[18:38] | – Julia. – Mrs. Underwood. | -茱莉亚 -安德伍德夫人 |
[18:40] | Sorry, I’d shake your hand, but I just got back from a run. | 抱歉 我该跟你握手 但我刚跑步回来 |
[18:43] | Listen, I wanted to say, | 我想说 |
[18:44] | I know our meeting last time didn’t go very well, | 我知道上次的会面不太顺利 |
[18:46] | and that’s on me. It was rude, what I said, | 那是怪我 我的话太无礼了 |
[18:48] | and I hope you’ll accept my apology. | 希望你接受我的道歉 |
[18:51] | Have a seat, please. | 请坐吧 |
[18:57] | You ever been in the residence before? | 你以前进过宅邸吗 |
[18:59] | The personal touch isn’t going to bring me on board. | 套近乎我也不会支持你的 |
[19:01] | Neither will a few thousand calls to Congress. | 给国会打几千个电话也没用 |
[19:04] | 84,000 in less than 24 hours. | 不到24小时 8.4万个 |
[19:07] | But let’s put that aside for a moment | 先不谈那个 |
[19:09] | – and talk about your good friend. – Who? | -来说说你的好朋友 -谁 |
[19:11] | – Senator Austen. – He told me. Running mate. | -奥斯汀参议员 -他说了 竞选搭档 |
[19:15] | Oh, not just running mate. | 不只是竞选搭档 |
[19:17] | You said I wouldn’t have to support this bill. | 你说我不必支持这个法案的 |
[19:20] | Yes, but a lot can change in a day, Dean. | 是啊 但是计划赶不上变化 迪恩 |
[19:22] | We had no idea there’d be this sort of groundswell. | 我们没想到会有这么大的呼声 |
[19:25] | Julia Melman was all over | 就因为跟你共处一室 |
[19:26] | my ass even for being in the same room as you. | 茱莉亚·梅尔曼就对我逼问个不停 |
[19:29] | Did you tell her? | 你告诉她了吗 |
[19:31] | – I had to. – Christ, Dean… | -没办法 -天哪 迪恩 |
[19:33] | It was that, or make an enemy for life. | 不然就要树个死敌 |
[19:35] | She’s upset, but I think she’ll come around, | 她很生气 但应该能想明白 |
[19:36] | unless you make me endorse | 除非你逼我支持 |
[19:38] | closing the gun show and Internet loopholes. | 堵上枪展和网络卖枪的漏洞 |
[19:39] | Then she’ll go ballistic. | 那她可就要爆发了 |
[19:41] | Dean wouldn’t do that. We’ve poured millions into his campaigns. | 迪恩不会的 我们为他的竞选出资上百万 |
[19:44] | And now he doesn’t need you anymore. | 现在他不需要你了 |
[19:46] | Are you trying to intimidate me? To get us to back down? | 你是要威胁我吗 逼我们让步 |
[19:49] | No, I have an offer. | 不 我有个提议 |
[19:51] | Ohio’s a tough state for Democrats. | 民主党想拿下俄亥俄不容易 |
[19:54] | Julia’s been very good to me. | 茱莉亚一直对我很好 |
[19:55] | Loyalty’s important, I understand, | 我懂 忠诚是很重要 |
[19:58] | but your loyalty has to be with me now. | 但你现在必须忠于我 |
[20:01] | I just can’t do it. | 我做不到 |
[20:03] | All right, then we’ll cancel the announcement. | 好吧 那就不公布了 |
[20:04] | I’ll find someone else to be my running mate. | 我另找个竞选搭档好了 |
[20:05] | No, I mean, I… I just can’t support this bill. | 不 我没法支持这项法案 |
[20:09] | Oh, but you see, the two go hand in hand now. | 但是现在 两件事绑在一起了 |
[20:12] | So, are you on the ticket or not? | 你答应不答应 |
[20:15] | What if the gun bill passes in the House, but not the Senate? | 如果众议院通过 参议院不通过呢 |
[20:19] | In return for what? | 你要什么回报 |
[20:21] | You convince the senator to pull out. | 你说服参议员退出 |
[20:25] | Now, the leadership wants him, and we’ve played nice, | 领导层想要他 我们也配合了他们 |
[20:28] | but the president and I want Cathy Durant. | 但我和总统想要的是凯茜·杜兰特 |
[20:31] | She’s a much stronger candidate. | 她参选要更有希望 |
[20:32] | You’re willing to abandon your own bill? | 你愿放弃自己的法案吗 |
[20:34] | If it’s means beating Conway or beating you, | 要在击败康威和击败你之间选 |
[20:37] | that’s not a hard choice. | 多容易选啊 |
[20:40] | I already told Dean that | 我已经告诉迪恩 |
[20:41] | I could live with him being running mate. | 他做竞选搭档我可以接受 |
[20:43] | How do I backtrack? | 我怎么能反悔 |
[20:45] | Just watch the news tomorrow. | 明天看新闻吧 |
[20:46] | You made the right choice. | 你做了正确的选择 |
[20:48] | – I hope so. – Well, don’t hope so, know so. | -但愿吧 -别但愿 就是 |
[20:50] | And I’ll have Seth send you a copy of the speech. | 我会让赛斯给你发份讲稿 |
[20:55] | You can show the senator out now, thank you. | 可以送参议员出去了 谢谢 |
[20:57] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[22:09] | – Oh, I’m sorry. – It’s okay. Come in. | -抱歉 -没关系 进来吧 |
[22:16] | – What did he say? – He’ll do it. What did she say? | -他怎么说 -愿意配合 她呢 |
[22:20] | That she’ll think about it. | 会考虑一下 |
[22:22] | How do we know she won’t tell him our plans? | 怎么知道她不会把计划说出去 |
[22:24] | I told her if she does, | 我说如果她说出去 |
[22:26] | we’ll make sure the bill goes through the Senate. | 我们就尽力让参议院通过法案 |
[22:29] | Can you hand me a towel, please? | 给我递条毛巾好吗 |
[22:52] | – Meechum’s hand. – What? | -密查姆的手 -什么 |
[22:58] | I traced it on a wall downstairs… A while back. | 我前一阵在楼下一面墙上画了个轮廓 |
[23:04] | They’ve painted over it. Oh, never mind. | 被粉刷盖上了 算了 |
[23:06] | Francis, I’ve been thinking about Yates. | 弗兰西斯 我在想耶茨 |
[23:11] | The Conways have everything. | 康威夫妇什么都有 |
[23:12] | They have their children, their videos, their Twitter. | 有孩子 视频 推特 |
[23:17] | There are very few people who understand us. | 没几个人理解我们 |
[23:20] | Meechum… was one. | 密查姆就是一个 |
[23:25] | Tom is another. | 汤姆也是 |
[23:41] | Eight… | 八 |
[23:47] | Seven. Nice. | 七 很好 |
[24:01] | Mr. Long Pants. | 长裤子先生 |
[24:10] | Mr. Nice Shoes. Go! Go, go, go. | 好鞋子先生 滚吧 滚吧 |
[24:14] | – Go! – Are you hungry? | -滚 -你饿吗 |
[24:16] | No money. You need to go. You and your money, go. | 不要钱 你走 带着你的钱走 |
[24:20] | – I’m calling the cops. – All right, all right. | -我要叫警察了 -好了 好了 |
[24:22] | – The cops, right now… – All right, all right. | -马上叫警察 -好了 好了 |
[24:24] | – I’m calling the cops. – All right, all right. | -我要叫警察 -好了 好了 |
[24:31] | Ma’am… | 女士 |
[24:35] | I’m Officer Tom. | 我是汤姆警员 |
[24:40] | You called for me? | 是您打的电话吗 |
[24:44] | There was a man here. | 刚刚有个人 |
[24:48] | A very bad man. | 很坏的人 |
[24:51] | – Do you live on this block? – Thirty-three years. | -您住在这街区吗 -33年了 |
[24:56] | 3 3 Three… three. | |
[24:58] | Did you ever see this bad man on your block? | 在这儿见过这个坏人吗 |
[25:03] | Did you ever see this bad man on your block? | 在这儿见过这个坏人吗 |
[25:09] | All right. | 好吧 |
[25:11] | What about this woman? Did you ever see her? | 那这个女人呢 见过她吗 |
[25:15] | – Pretty. – Yes, yes, she is. | -真美 -是的 是很美 |
[25:19] | Whore! | 婊子 |
[25:22] | – Go away! – Why’d you say that? | -滚开 -为什么那么说 |
[25:24] | – Go away. Go away. – Why’d you say that? Tell me. | -滚开 滚开 -为什么那么说 告诉我 |
[25:26] | Tell Officer Tom. Why did you call her that com.funword.word? | 告诉汤姆警员 为什么那么说她 |
[25:29] | Go away! | 滚开 |
[25:35] | Built this myself, with my son. | 我和儿子亲手建的 |
[25:38] | He’s doing El Capitan next spring. | 他明年春天要爬船长峰 |
[25:41] | Free-climb. | 徒手攀登 |
[25:43] | I feel like running for president | 我觉得竞选总统 |
[25:44] | is like climbing a cliff without a safety rope. | 就像不系安全绳爬悬崖 |
[25:48] | How is it the press don’t know you’re here, by the way? | 对了 媒体怎么不知道你在这儿 |
[25:51] | Just like you, General, | 像你一样 将军 |
[25:52] | I take Sundays off to spend time with family and friends. | 我周末也会休假 陪陪家人朋友 |
[25:55] | Or to make new friends. | 或是交新朋友 |
[25:58] | Look, Governor, I know you still want me to resign. | 州长 我知道你还是希望我辞职 |
[26:01] | But I was wrong to threaten that. | 但我之前不该拿那个做威胁 |
[26:03] | Dreyer told me ICO took over another oil field this week. | 德雷尔告诉我哈里发国这周又占领了一块油田 |
[26:08] | They’re growing. | 他们的势力在壮大 |
[26:09] | Dreyer shares a lot with you, doesn’t he? | 德雷尔什么都跟你说啊 |
[26:11] | This is happening on your watch, General. | 这就发生在你眼皮底下 将军 |
[26:16] | The president isn’t acting and you can’t force him to. | 总统不作为 你也不能逼他 |
[26:21] | Not if you stay. | 只要你留下就不能 |
[26:23] | If you resign, though, I promise it’ll only be temporary. | 不过你要是辞职 我保证你还会有工作的 |
[26:28] | Once I get political, I can’t cross back over the line. | 我一扯上政治 就回不了头了 |
[26:33] | I don’t mean a recommission. | 我不是要等上任后重新委任你 |
[26:36] | I mean making you my running mate. | 我要让你做我的竞选搭档 |
[26:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:44] | – Have you read it? – Just an excerpt. It’s powerful. | -读了吗 -只读了摘要 很有力 |
[26:48] | And it’ll be controversial. Say yes and I’ll show you. | 会很有争议 答应我我就给你看 |
[26:51] | The Telegraph would never let me. | 《电讯报》不会允许的 |
[26:52] | – Same parent company, both our titles. – Doesn’t matter. | -母公司都是我们家 -那也不行 |
[26:55] | Paper is strict when it comes to moonlighting. | 报社对打兼职有很明确的态度 |
[26:57] | It does matter, because my dad is on the board. | 没关系 因为我爸爸是董事 |
[27:00] | One call to your editor… | 给你的编辑打个电话 |
[27:02] | There… there are plenty of people who would jump at doing this. | 会有很多人抢着要这个机会 |
[27:05] | Not who know him intimately. | 但没有对他那么”了解”的人 |
[27:08] | My new election correspondent, | 我的新竞选记者 |
[27:09] | he saw you and Yates sneaking off on the campaign trail. | 看到你和耶茨在竞选途中溜出去了 |
[27:12] | Yates will open up to you. | 耶茨会对你坦言的 |
[27:14] | I’m sure you know what buttons to push. | 你肯定知道该怎么出招 |
[27:16] | It’s a conflict of interest. | 有利益冲突 |
[27:20] | My dad showed me that article you wrote. | 我爸爸给我看了你写的文章 |
[27:23] | The one that never went to print where you called him a tyrant. | 你叫他暴君 没发表出来的那篇 |
[27:27] | Some of us have built our careers on our reputations, | 有些人的职业是靠声誉打下来的 |
[27:29] | not by having their daddies give them a magazine to play with. | 而不是靠摆弄爸爸给的杂志 |
[27:32] | Or by cozying up to old school chums, right? | 或是跟老同学套近乎 |
[27:35] | I’ve heard it all before. | 这些话我都听过 |
[27:38] | You may not like me, you may not like the Conways, | 你可能不喜欢我 不喜欢康威夫妇 |
[27:41] | but I have to believe you can stomach us better | 但我觉得比起让安德伍德再干四年 |
[27:43] | than another four years of President Underwood. | 你会更愿意接受我们 |
[27:49] | – Well, the writing is good. – I know. | -写得不错 -我知道 |
[27:53] | Not good enough to strong-arm a president. | 但还不足以胁迫总统 |
[27:57] | Well, good enough to get me in this room. | 倒是能让我进到这屋里来 |
[27:59] | I thought Francis made it very clear to you, | 我以为弗兰西斯跟你说清楚了 |
[28:01] | you were not to challenge us. | 你不能挑衅我们 |
[28:03] | Yeah. He said he would tell the world | 是啊 他说他会告诉全世界 |
[28:05] | I didn’t write Scorpio. | 《天蝎》不是我写的 |
[28:08] | I hope you understand | 我希望你明白 |
[28:09] | that we can’t allow you to print this before the election. | 我们不能允许你在选举前出版这本书 |
[28:13] | I do. | 我明白 |
[28:17] | Then why did you want to meet? | 那你为什么想见我 |
[28:20] | I need an ending. | 我需要个结尾 |
[28:23] | I have one I can live with, but not the one I love. | 我有个还凑合的结尾 但我不喜欢 |
[28:27] | – Because it’s false. – Well, it’s true that you left. | -因为是假的 -你的确走了 |
[28:31] | If I left, I wouldn’t be here. | 我要是走了 就不会在这儿了 |
[28:33] | I don’t believe for a second | 我根本不相信 |
[28:35] | you went to visit your mother because she was sick. | 你去拜访你母亲是因为她病了 |
[28:38] | And why is that? | 为什么 |
[28:39] | Because you never mentioned her one time to me. | 因为你一次都没跟我提过她 |
[28:43] | Saying nothing says a lot sometimes. | 有时候只字不提能代表千言万语 |
[28:48] | Well, what if the story isn’t about how she left, | 要是故事重点不是她如何离开 |
[28:50] | but how she came back. | 而是她如何回来呢 |
[28:53] | Just because you’re here doesn’t mean you’re here. | 你在这里 不代表你全身心都在 |
[28:58] | Well, wouldn’t you like to know? | 你肯定想知道吧 |
[29:03] | Don’t you want your ending? | 你不是想要结尾吗 |
[29:07] | Are you gonna tell me about it? | 你要跟我说吗 |
[29:10] | About the two of you? No lies. | 关于你们俩 不许说谎 |
[29:13] | No, I’m not going to tell you anything. | 不 我什么也不说 |
[29:17] | You can observe, like you did before. | 你可以像以前一样观察 |
[29:20] | The difference is everything you see this time will be yours. | 不过这次 你所见到的一切都属于你 |
[29:24] | And in return, we would like something. | 我们想得到点东西作为回报 |
[29:26] | Speeches. We need someone who knows us… | 讲稿 我们需要了解我们 |
[29:30] | and knows our voices. | 也了解我们态度的人 |
[29:33] | A speechwriter? You’re kidding. | 讲稿撰稿人 你开玩笑吧 |
[29:36] | It’s the only way to justify you being with us… | 只有这个办法能解释你为什么和我们在一起 |
[29:38] | in case the press ask. | 以防媒体问起 |
[29:42] | You want to keep an eye on me. | 你们是想盯着我 |
[29:44] | Well, I think that’s fair. Don’t you? | 我觉得挺公平的 不是吗 |
[29:47] | If you’re keeping an eye on us? | 如果你要盯着我们的话 |
[29:51] | So you gave us a week. We’ll give you a day. | 你给我们一周 我们就给你一天 |
[30:01] | It was right here, on this very spot, | 就是在这里 在这个地方 |
[30:05] | that I was shot with two bullets | 我被一支非法获得的手枪 |
[30:08] | from an illegally obtained handgun. | 所射出的两颗子弹击中 |
[30:12] | Secret Service Agent Edward Meechum, | 特勤局特工艾德华·密查姆 |
[30:16] | a marine and my friend, | 前海军陆战队队员 也是我的朋友 |
[30:18] | was slain with the bullets from that very same gun. | 因同一支手枪射出的子弹而牺牲 |
[30:24] | The public support… | 最近几天 |
[30:26] | for the First Lady’s… Universal Background Check Bill | 公众对第一夫人的《背景普查法案》的 |
[30:31] | has been deafening in these last few days. | 支持呼声震耳欲聋 |
[30:35] | We have heard from thousands and thousands of voices, | 我们听到了成千上万人的呼声 |
[30:39] | and today, we would like to add one more voice to that chorus. | 今天 我们想向其中再增加一个声音 |
[30:45] | And it is a powerful voice. | 这声音强而有力 |
[30:47] | Senator Dean Austen of Ohio. | 俄亥俄州迪恩·奥斯汀参议员 |
[30:54] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢您 总统先生 |
[30:57] | I’ve been a member of the NRA since I was a teenager. | 我十多岁起就是全国步枪协会的成员 |
[31:00] | I’ve always been a fierce advocate for gun rights. | 我一直都是持枪权利的强烈支持者 |
[31:04] | But today I want to offer my strong support | 但今天我要强力支持 |
[31:06] | for the First Lady’s bill. | 第一夫人的法案 |
[31:10] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[31:11] | – Let me ask you another question. – I’m tellin’ you, man, | -我再问你一个问题 -我告诉你 伙计 |
[31:15] | if you say she lived on the block, I believe you. | 你要是说她住在这个街区 我相信你 |
[31:16] | But she must not have liked pizza, | 但她肯定不喜欢披萨 |
[31:17] | ’cause I don’t remember ever seein’ her face. | 因为我不记得见过她的脸 |
[31:19] | Not her. President Underwood. | 不是她 安德伍德总统 |
[31:22] | Oh, Christ, I can’t get away from this guy. | 天啊 这人真是阴魂不散 |
[31:24] | His wife just called me. Robocall about guns. | 他妻子刚刚给我打了电话 关于枪的自动电话 |
[31:27] | You ever seen him around this neighborhood? | 你在这附近见过他吗 |
[31:29] | Oh, yeah. All the time. | 见过 经常见到 |
[31:31] | With the Queen of England, Friday nights, after bowling. | 周五晚打过保龄球后和英国女王一起 |
[31:33] | When he was in Congress. | 在他还在国会的时候 |
[31:36] | Nah, never once. | 一次都没见过 |
[31:37] | I would’ve remembered. I’m good with faces. | 否则我会记得的 我擅长记面孔 |
[31:41] | – Parmesan? – Over there. | -帕尔玛干酪 -在那边 |
[31:51] | I saw this guy a few times, though. | 但这个人我见过几次 |
[31:54] | – The senator? – No, the, uh, the dead guy. | -参议员 -不 那个死掉的人 |
[31:56] | The Secret Service guy. | 那个特勤局的 |
[32:08] | In here? | 在这儿吗 |
[32:10] | Yeah, a while back. He used to stop in for coffee. | 是啊 他之前经常来喝咖啡 |
[32:13] | Never any pizza, just coffee. | 不吃披萨 只喝咖啡 |
[32:18] | – You’re positive? – Yeah. I told you, I’m good with faces. | -你确定吗 -我说过 我擅长记面孔 |
[32:28] | “The wheels lifted, and within seconds, | “起落架收起了 几秒钟之后 |
[32:32] | Washington fell away, disappearing | 华盛顿就消失在 |
[32:35] | under a blanket of haze and smog. | 一团烟雾中了 |
[32:39] | Forehead pressed to the window, | 她前额顶着窗户 |
[32:41] | she imagined this was exactly | 想象一千年前 |
[32:43] | how it must have looked a thousand years ago, | 这里肯定也是这番景象 |
[32:46] | when the sun rose above the clouds | 太阳升过云端 |
[32:48] | and there was nothing but a swamp beneath. | 而下面只有一片沼泽 |
[32:52] | From this height, with this view, | 在这个高度 看到这番景象 |
[32:54] | she could be anywhere. | 她可能是在任何地方 |
[32:56] | But the important thing is she was anywhere but there.” | 但关键是 她不在那里” |
[33:02] | – You want another? – Yeah. | -还要一杯吗 -要 |
[33:29] | Did he say why? | 他说为什么了吗 |
[33:33] | Okay, thanks, Dana. | 谢了 戴娜 |
[33:35] | Yates pulled out. | 耶茨退出了 |
[33:37] | Said he came to an agreement with the Underwoods. | 说他跟安德伍德夫妇达成了协议 |
[33:39] | He was playing us off each other. | 他拿我们相互做筹码 |
[33:42] | We could still leak the excerpt. | 我们还是可以放出摘要 |
[33:46] | It’s too risky. If we get away with it, great. | 太冒险 不被人查到还好 |
[33:49] | If we don’t, | 要是被查到 |
[33:51] | we look like opportunists fucking over an acclaimed novelist. | 我们就成了坑害知名小说家的投机分子 |
[33:54] | It’s not worth it. | 不值得 |
[33:55] | Do you think it’s true, that chasm between them? | 你觉得他们之间真的有裂痕吗 |
[33:59] | Who knows? | 谁知道 |
[34:02] | I love that writing. | 我喜欢他的文笔 |
[34:04] | – I wish I could’ve read the rest of it. – I hated Scorpio. | -真希望能看到剩下的 -我讨厌《天蝎》 |
[34:09] | – It was beautiful. – It’s garbage. | -写得多美 -就是垃圾 |
[34:11] | – Why? – The main character’s a pussy. | -为什么 -主角是个怂货 |
[34:15] | – Will, you know I hate that com.funword.word. – He is. | -威尔 你知道我讨厌那个词 -他就是 |
[34:18] | He lets his best friend kill himself. He does nothing? | 他最好的朋友自杀 他却袖手旁观吗 |
[34:21] | He was in pain. He was going to die anyway. | 他很痛苦 反正也要死了 |
[34:24] | It doesn’t matter. It’s cowardly. | 那也不重要 还是懦弱 |
[34:26] | I think he was brave. And his friend. | 我觉得他很勇敢 他朋友也是 |
[34:28] | And I think Yates was brave to write it. | 我觉得耶茨能写出来也很勇敢 |
[34:30] | Brave is never giving up. You fight, no matter what. | 勇敢是不放弃 无论如何战斗到底 |
[34:40] | So, Kate Baldwin was willing if Yates was in? | 如果耶茨同意了 凯特·鲍德温本来也会同意 |
[34:42] | Yeah, Dana was giving her 20,000 words. | 是啊 戴娜让她写两万词 |
[34:45] | I think we can pivot. | 应该可以再斡旋一下 |
[34:48] | How? | 怎么做 |
[34:49] | Get her back on the phone. | 再给她打个电话 |
[34:55] | – Julia. – Olivia, I didn’t know you were in town. | -茱莉亚 -奥利维亚 都不知道你来了 |
[34:59] | Oh, just a little visit. | 就是来看看 |
[35:01] | I miss seeing Dean’s face sometimes. Don’t tell him that. | 我有时候还挺想迪恩的 别告诉他 |
[35:04] | – Will you give us a few minutes? – No, she should stay. | -能让我们单独谈吗 -她不用走 |
[35:06] | Oh, I know you have things to discuss. | 我知道你们有事要谈 |
[35:07] | Like your husband withdrawing from the ticket. | 比如你丈夫放弃做竞选搭档 |
[35:11] | That’s why she’s in town, right? For the announcement. | 她是为此而来吧 跟你一起宣布 |
[35:13] | I know the press conference must’ve caught you off guard, | 我知道那个新闻发布会肯定让你很意外 |
[35:15] | but the president didn’t want you to know. | 但总统不想让你知道 |
[35:17] | – He thought you’d organize a protest. – He was right. I would’ve. | -他觉得你会组织抗议 -他说对了 |
[35:20] | My plan was to sit down, talk this out before the announcement. | 我希望能坐下 宣布之前好好谈谈 |
[35:23] | There isn’t gonna be an announcement. | 没什么好宣布的了 |
[35:26] | You… you can’t waltz in here– | 你不能大摇大摆走进来 |
[35:28] | We’ve raised $20 million | 你丈夫初出茅庐时 |
[35:29] | for your husband since he was a freshman. | 我们就给他捐了两千万 |
[35:31] | That gives me the right to waltz in whenever I want. | 我就可以随时大摇大摆走进来 |
[35:34] | – Show some respect. – Honey, please. | -放尊重点 -亲爱的 行了 |
[35:36] | No. This is what we wanted. | 不 这是我们要的 |
[35:40] | – What we’ve worked for. – When Underwood loses, | -我们奋斗的目标 -等安德伍德输了 |
[35:42] | you’ll spend the next two years fighting off a primary opponent. | 你接下来两年可就有仗要打了 |
[35:45] | Every one of our 200,000 members in Ohio will turn on you. | 我们在俄亥俄的二十万会员都会反对你 |
[35:49] | By the time you’ve lost this office, | 等你没了这个职位 |
[35:51] | Olivia’s law firm will go tits up. | 奥利维亚的律所也会黄了 |
[35:53] | Don’t forget, we pushed most of your clients your way. | 别忘了 我们给你引了好多客户 |
[35:59] | He got cold feet. What can I do? | 他临阵退缩了 我能怎么办 |
[36:01] | Convince him to change his mind. | 劝他改主意 |
[36:03] | He wouldn’t listen. He says the NRA came down hard on him. | 他不听 他说全国步枪协会对他严词威胁 |
[36:06] | Because you had him do the press conference. | 因为你让他做了新闻发布会 |
[36:07] | No, that was Austen’s idea, not mine. | 不 那是奥斯汀的主意 不是我的 |
[36:09] | I told him to lay low, | 我跟他说了要低调 |
[36:11] | but he said if he was in, he wanted to be all in. | 但他说如果他要加入 就要完全投入 |
[36:13] | The idea was to balance the ticket. | 我们的打算是平衡你们两人的立场 |
[36:15] | Well, we can’t do anything about Austen. | 奥斯汀这条路已经不通了 |
[36:18] | The question now is who do we get to replace him? | 问题是我们能找谁来代替他 |
[36:20] | Go back to the list? | 再看看名单 |
[36:21] | He was fine, but I’m not enthused by anyone else on that list. | 他还好 但那张名单上别人我都没兴趣 |
[36:25] | Let’s not go back to square one, Mr. President. | 别又回到起点了 总统先生 |
[36:27] | We have a good list. | 我们有张不错的名单 |
[36:29] | Everybody can get behind those names. | 大家都会支持那些人的 |
[36:30] | It’s common sense. | 这是常理 |
[36:33] | The only problem with common sense is that it’s so… common. | 常理唯一的问题就是 太普通了 |
[36:38] | I think we can do better. | 我觉得我们有更好的选择 |
[36:41] | Who? | 谁 |
[36:44] | Cathy Durant. | 凯茜·杜兰特 |
[36:45] | Now, Louisiana’s not a swing state, I know that. | 路易斯安那不是摇摆州 这我清楚 |
[36:48] | But she is still a national figure, | 但她仍然是个全国知名人物 |
[36:51] | she helps us with the women’s vote, | 她能帮助我们争取女性选民的选票 |
[36:53] | and I trust her. | 并且我信任她 |
[36:56] | What about guns? | 枪支呢 |
[36:57] | I don’t think she’s ever had a strong position. | 她似乎对此立场并不坚决 |
[36:59] | It’s better than that. She’s never uttered a com.funword.word on the issue. | 比那更好 她对这个问题从未发表过意见 |
[37:01] | We checked. | 我们查过了 |
[37:08] | – I like it. – So do I. | -我喜欢 -我也是 |
[37:11] | – But I had another thought. – Who? | -但我还有个想法 -谁 |
[37:13] | Not “Who.” How. | 不是”谁” 是怎样 |
[37:15] | I don’t think I should choose her. | 我觉得不应该由我选她 |
[37:18] | I think the party should choose her. | 我认为应该由党选她 |
[37:21] | Not an open convention. | 你不是说开放党代会吧 |
[37:23] | Look, Bob, let’s… | 鲍勃 我们 |
[37:28] | We have to face the fact that | 我们必须面对事实 |
[37:29] | my health is gonna be a major liability for us. | 我的健康状况将会对我们非常不利 |
[37:33] | No matter who becomes the running mate, | 不论谁做竞选搭档 |
[37:36] | they could well end up being president. | 那人最终都可能成为总统 |
[37:38] | Now, that is a… | 那种情况 |
[37:40] | a scenario that I don’t even like to fathom, | 我甚至都不愿想 |
[37:42] | but we can’t escape it. | 但是我们无法回避 |
[37:44] | And if it’s such an important decision, | 如果这个决定如此重要 |
[37:46] | why not let the party make it? | 为什么不让党做定夺呢 |
[37:50] | Because it’d be a free-for-all. | 因为那样大家都可以参选 |
[37:51] | No, no. We make it so that Cathy wins. | 不不 我们要想办法让凯茜获胜 |
[37:53] | We’ll just make it look like the party chose her. | 只是要做得像是党选择了她 |
[37:56] | And think of the coverage. We’ll own the news. | 想想新闻报道吧 会铺天盖地的 |
[37:59] | You want the convention to be a circus. | 你想把党代会变成马戏表演 |
[38:01] | Oh, Bob, I’m not sure if you’ve noticed or not, | 鲍勃 我不知道你有没有注意到 |
[38:04] | but politics is no longer just theater, it’s show business. | 但政治已经不只是戏剧了 是娱乐业 |
[38:08] | So let’s put on the best show in town. | 那我们就演一出最棒的戏吧 |
[38:12] | Great. | 太好了 |
[38:12] | Will you give me a salute, General? | 能向我敬个礼吗 将军 |
[38:19] | Active military aren’t allowed to speak to the press. | 现役军人不能接受媒体采访 |
[38:22] | He delivered his resignation this morning. | 他今天早上辞职了 |
[38:24] | No shit. | 不是吧 |
[38:26] | We’re gonna break it online as soon as the president accepts it. | 只等总统同意 我们立刻就在网上发布 |
[38:30] | Not often a monthly gets raw meat like this, huh? | 月刊不常得到这种首发猛料吧 |
[38:32] | His phone’s gonna blow up. | 他的电话会被打爆的 |
[38:34] | But you get the exclusive. | 但你会得到独家采访 |
[38:38] | – Sorry about Tom. – I’m not. | -汤姆的事很遗憾 -我不觉得 |
[38:42] | Thank you, General. | 谢谢你 将军 |
[38:44] | All right, we’re gonna go set up for the… | 好了 我们要准备… |
[38:48] | Good afternoon, General. Kate Baldwin. | 下午好 将军 我是凯特·鲍德温 |
[38:52] | Shall we? | 我们开始吧 |
[38:55] | So, the main issue that Mrs. Underwood | 不用说 安德伍德夫人 |
[38:56] | has been focusing on is guns, obviously. | 最近关注的主要问题是枪支 |
[38:59] | We’ve got some talking points we’ve been using, | 我们准备了一些最近在用的谈话要点 |
[39:00] | – so you’ll want to… – I’m sorry, is there any water? | -你想 -抱歉 有水吗 |
[39:04] | Yes. | 有 |
[39:08] | I’m a bit hungover. | 我有点宿醉 |
[39:13] | At least I’m not still drunk. | 至少现在清醒了 |
[39:17] | Want some? | 要来点吗 |
[39:19] | Uh, we’re fine. | 不用 |
[39:21] | Right. | 好 |
[39:23] | So… | 那么 |
[39:25] | to the talking points. | 谈话要点 |
[39:29] | What is it? | 什么事 |
[39:40] | Excuse me for a moment, gentlemen. | 几位容我失陪一下 |
[39:46] | What I want to communicate mostly is about the death toll, | 我最想说的 是死亡人数 |
[39:50] | with personal stories, things that connect with– | 个人经历 以及那些能打动… |
[39:53] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[39:55] | – Tom. – Mr. President. | -汤姆 -总统先生 |
[39:59] | Can we speak? | 能谈谈吗 |
[40:02] | I’ll, uh… I’ll leave you to it. | 那么 你们两个继续 |
[40:11] | Does she actually give a shit about guns? | 她真的在乎什么枪支问题吗 |
[40:14] | What’s that got to do with anything? | 她在不在乎有什么关系 |
[40:25] | We knew this was a possibility. | 我们知道会有这种可能 |
[40:27] | He’s gonna make a lot of noise. It’s Conway, I’m sure of it. | 他会闹出很大动静 肯定是康威搞的鬼 |
[40:30] | Problem isn’t Conway, it’s LeAnn. | 问题不在康威 而是莉安 |
[40:32] | She pressured us to cancel the air strike. | 是她强力主张取消空袭的 |
[40:34] | We chose our path, Doug. Let’s not second-guess it. | 已经做出的决定 就不要多想了 道格 |
[40:36] | No offense, Mrs. Underwood, but she’s doing damage. | 请原谅 安德伍德夫人 但是她有害 |
[40:39] | I think we should replace her. | 我认为应该踢掉她 |
[40:40] | She’s the reason we’re gonna pass the gun bill. | 我们要通过枪支法案就得靠她 |
[40:42] | Sir? I just got this from Dana Treister, | 先生 《名利场》主编戴娜·崔斯特 |
[40:45] | the editor of Vanity Fair. | 刚给我发来了这个 |
[40:46] | Not sure what it means… | 我不确定是什么意思 |
[40:51] | He’s gonna make that son of a bitch his running mate. | 他打算把这老混蛋定为竞选搭档 |
[40:53] | – What’s goin’ on? – I’ll see what I can dig up on him. | -什么情况 -我去查查这个人 |
[40:56] | No. He was fully vetted | 不 他当初担任 |
[40:57] | when he was commissioned for the Joint Chiefs. | 参联会主席时已经彻底审查过了 |
[40:58] | No, you go with Seth and draft a statement on the resignation. | 你和赛斯就他的辞职起草一份声明 |
[41:01] | Yes, sir. | 好 先生 |
[41:03] | – Let’s go. – What’s going on, Doug? | -走 -什么情况 道格 |
[41:11] | And it’s LeAnn’s fault. | 都怨莉安 |
[41:14] | He never would’ve resigned if it wasn’t for her. | 要不是她 他根本不会辞职 |
[41:17] | See what you can find. | 你去查查 |
[41:19] | On the general? The president said we shouldn’t. | 将军吗 总统说不用查了 |
[41:20] | On LeAnn. | 去查莉安 |
[41:22] | Hey, I don’t wanna get involved in some cage match– | 我可不想搀和办公室政治 |
[41:24] | I thought we had an understanding. Your obedience. | 我们不是说过了 你得服从我 |
[41:30] | I’ll see what I can do. | 我尽量去查 |
[41:35] | Do you agree with Doug? You’re having reservations about LeAnn? | 你同意道格吗 你对莉安有疑虑吗 |
[41:39] | Less about her and more about Tom. | 对汤姆的疑虑比对她要大 |
[41:41] | But I told you I trust you on this, so I’m trusting you. | 不过我说了相信你的判断 我就会相信你 |
[41:47] | – Has the leadership agreed yet? – They’re skeptical. | -领导层同意了吗 -他们有疑虑 |
[41:51] | We can use this. | 我们可以利用这个 |
[41:53] | Well, gentlemen, if there was | 先生们 如果你们对 |
[41:54] | any doubt about an open convention, let it go, | 党代会还有什么疑虑的话 放下吧 |
[41:57] | because we’re gonna wanna bury this news. | 因为我们必须把这则新闻盖下去 |
[41:59] | Brockhart has just resigned. | 布洛哈特刚刚辞职了 |
[42:01] | And the general is about to appear on the cover of Vanity Fair. | 将军马上就要登上《名利场》的封面了 |
[42:04] | Imagine what Conway can do with that. | 想想康威会怎样大加利用吧 |
[42:09] | Conway! Conway! Conway! | 康威 康威 康威 |
[42:14] | Thank you for coming. | 多谢你们到来 |
[42:16] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[42:17] | Thank you for coming out. | 多谢你来支持我 |
[42:19] | – Dana just sent me this. – So great to see you. | -戴娜给我发了这个 -很高兴见到你 |
[42:21] | The story broke. | 消息发布了 |
[42:24] | – Hello. – Isn’t my wife perfect? | -你好 -我妻子多完美啊 |
[42:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:28] | Let her know how perfect you think she is! | 让她听听你们多喜欢她 |
[42:30] | Stop it. | 别闹 |
[42:34] | You’re too much! | 你真讨厌 |
[42:36] | – Thank you! Thank you! – Conway! Conway! Conway! | -谢谢 谢谢 -康威 康威 康威 |
[42:43] | 2013年 11月 | |
[43:02] | Yeah, I know, Fausto. | 我知道 福斯托 |
[43:05] | I get exhausted just thinking about it, too. | 我也是光想想都觉着累 |
[43:05] | 2013年 10月 | |
[43:05] | 2013年 11月 | |
[43:05] | 2013年 12月 | |
[43:22] | All right. | 好了 |
[43:26] | A journey of a thousand miles. | 万里长征第一步 |
[43:33] | 艾德华·密查姆 出行记录 13年5月1日-13年6月30日 | |
[43:54] | 1996年出版的小说《风起云涌》(Primary Color) 讲述了一个来自美国南方州的州长竞选总统的故事 故事中的州长有一位非常强势的夫人 还好拈花惹草 与身边其他女性有染 小说于1996年1月出版后引起巨大轰动 占据《纽约时报》畅销书排行榜榜首九周之久 读者很快发现小说是在影射时任总统克林顿和夫人 情节也是以克林顿参加1992年大选时的事件为蓝本 该书出版时作者为”无名氏” 一些人经过文本分析后 认定作者为《时代周刊》专栏作家乔·克莱恩 但克莱恩最初断然否认 直到四年后才公开承认 该书曾于1998年被改编搬上大银幕 |