时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:47] | Kentucky, you have 53 votes. | 肯塔基 你们有53票 |
[01:51] | How do you cast them? | 你们要投给谁 |
[01:53] | Madam Secretary, | 秘书长女士 |
[01:55] | as a senator for the great Commonwealth of Kentucky, | 作为肯塔基州参议员 |
[01:58] | I’m proud to speak on behalf of the delegation’s chair. | 我很荣幸以代表团的名义发言 |
[02:01] | The Commonwealth of Kentucky, | 肯塔基联邦 |
[02:03] | home of the Derby, the Wildcats, | 德比赛马会之乡 野猫队之乡 |
[02:04] | and the birthplace of bourbon, | 波本酒的发源地 |
[02:06] | for Vice President of the United States, | 在美国副总统提名投票上 |
[02:08] | 民主党全国代表大会 副总统提名点名投票 | |
[02:08] | casts 13 votes for Secretary of State Catherine Durant… | 将13票投给国务卿凯瑟琳·杜兰特 |
[02:12] | 11 for Senator Joseph Baker of Nevada, | 11票投给内华达州参议员约瑟夫·贝克 |
[02:15] | 9 for Governor Randall Smith of West Virginia, | 9票投给西弗吉尼亚州州长兰道尔·史密斯 |
[02:18] | 7 apiece for Governor Jill Haley of Florida | 佛罗里达州州长吉尔·哈利 |
[02:20] | and Congresswoman Sharon Pierce of California, | 和加州议员莎伦·皮尔斯女士各7票 |
[02:23] | 5 for one of our own, the Mayor of Louisville, Jill Carson… | 5票投给我们路易斯维尔市长 吉尔·卡森 |
[02:28] | and 1 vote for the First Lady of these United States, | 还有1票投给美国第一夫人 |
[02:32] | Mrs. Claire Underwood. | 克莱尔·安德伍德夫人 |
[02:36] | Louisiana, you have 61 votes. | 路易斯安那 你们共有61票 |
[02:40] | How do you cast them? | 你们都投给谁 |
[02:42] | Isn’t this exciting? You can feel the electricity. | 很激动人心吧 可以感受到热烈的气氛 |
[02:45] | Been a very long time since an open convention. | 好久没举办过开放党代会了 |
[02:47] | I’m surprised you didn’t get a few votes yourself, Senator. | 我很意外您自己一票都没有 参议员 |
[02:50] | 斯考特·希尔参议员 肯塔基州 民主党 | |
[02:50] | I’m not running for vice president. | 我没参选副总统 |
[02:52] | Neither is Claire Underwood and she got one. | 克莱尔·安德伍德也没有 她还是得了一票 |
[02:54] | That was my vote. | 是我投的 |
[02:55] | Trying to throw some levity into the proceedings, sir? | 是想增加点趣味吗 先生 |
[02:57] | Hell, no! I think she’d make a terrific vice president. | 才不是 我认为她能胜任副总统 |
[03:13] | Mrs. Underwood! Mrs. Underwood! | 安德伍德夫人 安德伍德夫人 |
[03:16] | A couple of questions, Mrs. Underwood, if you have a moment? | 我有几个问题 安德伍德夫人 您有时间吗 |
[03:18] | Yes, I only have time for a few. | 可以 我只有几分钟 |
[03:20] | Welcome to Atlanta, Mrs. Underwood. | 欢迎来到亚特兰大 安德伍德夫人 |
[03:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:22] | Can you comment on Senator Sheer’s vote? | 您能对希尔参议员的投票发表评论吗 |
[03:24] | Well, I am flattered. But it’s all in good fun, I’m sure. | 我很荣幸 但我相信他是开玩笑的 |
[03:27] | Mrs. Underwood, he says he’ll vote for you again. | 安德伍德夫人 他说他还会再为您投票 |
[03:30] | Well, I am encouraging everyone, including Senator Sheer, | 我鼓励所有人 包括希尔参议员 |
[03:33] | to vote for Cathy Durant. | 把票投给凯茜·杜兰特 |
[03:34] | Both the president and I | 总统和我 |
[03:35] | think she is the best choice in the field. | 都认为她是这个职位的最佳人选 |
[03:38] | You changed everything we wrote. | 你把我们写的稿全改了 |
[03:41] | There was no imagination to it. No rhythm. | 那个稿子没有创意 也不押韵 |
[03:43] | We’ve been writing their speeches since they took office. | 从他们就职就是我们在为他们写讲稿 |
[03:45] | We know what we’re doing. | 我们知道自己在做什么 |
[03:46] | Well, do you want it to be good, or do you want it to be yours? | 你们在意的是好讲稿 还是撰稿人署名 |
[03:50] | The vote I’m most excited about | 最让我激动的投票 |
[03:52] | is the victory our | 是昨天在众议院 |
[03:53] | Background Check Legislation got in the House yesterday. | 我们的《背景普查法案》取得的胜利 |
[03:56] | So I’m hoping that the Senate will follow their lead soon, | 所以我希望参议院也能尽快向他们学习 |
[03:59] | and that the president can sign it into law. | 这样总统就能签署这一法案 |
[04:01] | I have to go. Thank you so much. | 我得走了 非常感谢 |
[04:05] | Thank you… for inviting us. | 谢谢您邀请我们 |
[04:07] | No. | 不 |
[04:09] | It’s me who has to thank you and your son. | 是我应该谢谢你和你儿子 |
[04:12] | He saved my life. | 他救了我的命 |
[04:14] | No matter how tragic the circumstances. | 虽然是因为那样一场悲剧 |
[04:19] | I want you to meet some of the other recipients. | 我想带你见见其他接受者 |
[04:22] | This is James… | 这是詹姆斯 |
[04:24] | who received one of your son’s kidneys. | 他接受了你儿子的一个肾 |
[04:28] | And this is Luisa… | 这是路易莎 |
[04:31] | who received your son’s heart. | 她接受了你儿子的心脏 |
[04:40] | Luisa was at the top of the list. | 路易莎是名单上的第一个 |
[04:42] | She was hours away from dying. | 她本就剩几小时的生命了 |
[04:45] | Uh, if we could, let’s all get together for a photo. | 如果可以的话 我们一起拍个照吧 |
[04:48] | James? Right here. | 詹姆斯 过来 |
[04:50] | – You come right here. – Okay. | -你到这儿来 -好的 |
[04:52] | All right. | 好了 |
[04:53] | This way. Great. | 这边 很好 |
[04:57] | The president isn’t shying away from, uh, his transplant. | 总统对他的移植手术并不避讳 |
[05:00] | Well, I think it’s a smart move. | 我认为这是明智之举 |
[05:01] | You can’t deny it, so why try to hide it? | 既然不能否认 何必要隐瞒呢 |
[05:03] | Plus, I think it underscores the importance | 另外 我认为这也强调了 |
[05:05] | of the vice presidential situation. | 副总统选举的重要性 |
[05:07] | Wait, rolling out the donor’s mom? That feels a bit exploitative. | 等等 把捐赠者的妈妈拉出来 感觉像在作秀 |
[05:10] | I… Look, hold on. | 我…等等 |
[05:11] | A little bit of compassion, the kid just shot himself. | 有点同情心 那孩子刚刚饮弹自尽了 |
[05:13] | And with a handgun, no less. | 而且是用一把手枪 |
[05:15] | Legally purchased. Let’s not put this on the gun. | 合法购买的 不要把重点转移到枪上 |
[05:17] | Look, I am sorry, all of this, the whole thing, | 很抱歉 这一切 |
[05:19] | the convention… It’s theatrics. | 党代会…都是制造戏剧效果 |
[05:21] | Hey, look, I… bring on the circus. | 闹起来吧 |
[05:22] | It’s a lot more fun than some four-day infomercial. | 比四天的专题广告片有趣多了 |
[05:25] | Let’s talk about the contenders themselves. | 我们来说说竞选者吧 |
[05:26] | There’s almost a dozen of ’em. | 足有十多个 |
[05:29] | – Can you, uh, lower that, please? – …really have a chance. | -你能小点声吗 -…确实有机会的 |
[05:31] | Durant, first among ’em. | 杜兰特是头一个 |
[05:33] | It’s 11:00 in the morning, day one, | 这才第一天 上午11点 |
[05:34] | and they’re beating Ellen. | 收视率比《艾伦秀》还高 |
[05:35] | Less traffic on the website, too. | 网站的流量也少了 |
[05:37] | People aren’t watching the videos as much. | 看视频的人越来越少了 |
[05:40] | This sold over a million copies. | 这个卖了一百多万份 |
[05:42] | Five times that many read it online. | 是网上阅读量的五倍 |
[05:44] | Yeah, well, that was last month. This is this month. | 对 那是上个月 这是这个月 |
[05:47] | We announce a stellar running mate. | 我们公开了一位重量级竞选搭档 |
[05:49] | He eviscerates Underwood on ICO. | 他在哈里发国问题上重创了安德伍德 |
[05:51] | We have not one, but two | 我们手里有两个 |
[05:53] | Vanity Fair covers that Pollyhop’s pushing, | 《名利场》封面供波利跳推送 |
[05:55] | and all you give me is excuses. | 而你们却在这里大找借口 |
[05:58] | The point was for us to drown out their convention, | 应该是我们的曝光率压制他们的党代会 |
[06:01] | not the other way around. We need to steal the thunder back. | 而不是反过来 我们得把风头夺回来 |
[06:04] | So go where the thunder is. | 那就去风口夺风头 |
[06:09] | I’ve been one heartbeat away for almost two years. | 两年来 我一直近在咫尺 |
[06:12] | My heart’s not in it anymore. | 我对这个已经没兴趣了 |
[06:15] | I’m going to head back to Vermont after November. | 过了11月我就回佛蒙特去了 |
[06:19] | Maybe start teaching again. | 也许继续教书 |
[06:21] | Who are you supporting, then? | 那你支持谁呢 |
[06:23] | On the record, Cathy Durant. | 公开说是凯茜·杜兰特 |
[06:25] | And off the record? | 私下里呢 |
[06:29] | I’m not the biggest fan. | 我不是很喜欢她 |
[06:31] | Why? | 为什么 |
[06:33] | She wasn’t much help during the Russia crisis. | 俄罗斯危机期间她没帮上什么忙 |
[06:36] | She closed the deal with Petrov. | 可是她和佩特罗夫达成了协议 |
[06:37] | She took credit for it, sure. | 功劳的确是归到她头上了 |
[06:40] | But she fought the deal every step of the way. | 但她从始至终都在阻挠那份协议 |
[06:43] | Nothing would’ve happened if it weren’t for Claire. | 如果不是克莱尔 根本就不可能成 |
[06:46] | The First Lady? | 第一夫人 |
[06:48] | The former ambassador. | 是前大使 |
[06:51] | We’re closer in Kansas, but still not close enough. | 我们在堪萨斯的支持率更接近了 但还不够 |
[06:53] | Did you speak to Jefferies | 你去争取众议院票时 |
[06:54] | when you were there for the House vote? | 和杰弗瑞斯谈过了吗 |
[06:56] | He’s leaning on Fred Simms. | 他正在向弗雷德·西姆斯施压 |
[06:58] | If Simms could deliver two or three delegates– | 如果西姆斯可以拉来两三名代表 |
[07:00] | That could push Kansas over the edge. | 那就能拿下整个堪萨斯了 |
[07:02] | I can call Womack. | 我可以联系乌麦克 |
[07:03] | He’s got some friends over the border. | 他在那边有几个朋友 |
[07:04] | – What about Pawley? – Pawley? | -珀利怎么样 -珀利 |
[07:06] | Sheriff Pawley in Fort Worth, old family friend of my dad’s. | 沃思堡治安官珀利 是我爸的老朋友了 |
[07:08] | He’s close with some superdelegates from Dallas. | 他和达拉斯的几位超级代表关系很近 |
[07:11] | Yes, he’s on board. | 可以拉他过来 |
[07:12] | Gotta love those sheriffs. | 真得喜欢那些治安官 |
[07:13] | That’s how we do in Louisiana. | 我们在路易斯安那就是那么做的 |
[07:14] | What about Enright? | 恩莱特呢 |
[07:15] | I’m meeting him for coffee at the Hyatt. | 我和他约好了在凯悦喝咖啡 |
[07:17] | In fact, I better get going. I don’t wanna be late. | 话说我该过去了 我可不想迟到 |
[07:19] | Now, if we could lock up Virginia– | 如果我们能拿下弗吉尼亚 |
[07:20] | It would send a very big message. | 就会向全国发出强势的讯息 |
[07:22] | And then Kentucky next. | 接下来就是肯塔基 |
[07:24] | He’s got a big old crush on you. | 肯塔基可喜欢你了 |
[07:26] | We better get you on a move. | 那你最好赶紧上路 |
[07:27] | Enright is a stickler for punctuality. | 恩莱特最讨厌不守时了 |
[07:30] | You know, I’m having fun. I forgot how much I miss being whip. | 我挺开心的 我都忘了我多喜欢做党鞭 |
[07:33] | You whip ’em. I’ll sweet talk ’em. | 鞭子你来抽 蜜糖我来喂 |
[07:35] | Nothing like leather and sugar. | 胡萝卜加大棒最有效了 |
[07:38] | Sir? | 先生 |
[07:40] | Senator Sheer. | 希尔参议员 |
[07:42] | Senator, you did a fine job. | 参议员 你干得太漂亮了 |
[07:45] | Yeah, I better get prime time, | 我最好能拿到黄金时段 |
[07:46] | not one of these midmorning speeches. | 而不是在垃圾时段发表讲话 |
[07:48] | Eight o’clock, Wednesday night. I called Patti myself. | 周三晚上八点 我亲自和帕特打招呼 |
[07:53] | Do you know the main thing that separates | 你知道政客这个物种 |
[07:54] | a politician from the rest of the species? | 和其他物种最大的区别是什么吗 |
[07:57] | A politician is the one who would drown a litter of kittens | 政客愿意淹死一窝小猫 |
[07:59] | for ten minutes of prime time. | 来换十分钟的黄金时段 |
[08:03] | Secretary Durant. Editor in chief, Politico. | 杜兰特国务卿 我是政治新闻网的总编 |
[08:06] | It’s all right. | 没事的 |
[08:07] | Adam, are you covering this yourself? | 亚当 你亲自来做报道吗 |
[08:10] | First open one since ’68. | 68年以来的第一次开放党代会 |
[08:11] | It’s humid as hell, though. | 不过这天够潮的 |
[08:12] | I just got here and I’m already soaked. | 我刚来就浑身透湿了 |
[08:14] | On the plus side, | 不过往好处想 |
[08:15] | I hear they have the best strip clubs in the country. | 我听说这里的艳舞俱乐部全国顶尖 |
[08:18] | Can I ask you a couple questions? | 我能问几个问题吗 |
[08:19] | – Well, I’m in a hurry. – Just a couple. | -我有点急事 -就几个 |
[08:22] | Nothing on the record. | 不能公开 |
[08:25] | Tell me about the rumors | 和我说说关于 |
[08:26] | regarding the deal you struck with Petrov in Brandenburg. | 你在勃兰登堡和佩特罗夫谈判的传闻吧 |
[08:29] | What rumors? | 什么传闻 |
[08:30] | That it was the First Lady who brokered the deal, not you. | 是第一夫人谈妥的协议 而不是你 |
[08:33] | It was a team effort. Who is your source? | 那是团队合作的成果 是谁告诉你的 |
[08:36] | I can’t. You know that. | 我不能透露 你懂的 |
[08:38] | Well, I’m afraid that’s all the time I’ve got. | 实在抱歉 我没有时间了 |
[08:40] | Have a good trip, Adam. | 行程顺利 亚当 |
[08:45] | The president was on site this morning for a press briefing | 总统今早和凯伦·威廉姆斯一起 |
[08:48] | at the Truxton Marquis with Karen Williams, | 在特斯顿侯爵酒店召开了记者会 |
[08:51] | the mother of Daniel Williams, | 凯伦的儿子丹尼尔·威廉姆斯 |
[08:53] | the organ donor who provided his liver. | 是他所用肝脏的捐献者 |
[08:55] | Alongside him were all of the donor organs’ recipients. | 一起出席的还有其他器官接受者 |
[08:59] | Ms. Williams took time to speak with each recipient | 威廉姆斯太太和每一位接受者进行了交谈 |
[09:01] | whose life was saved in the wake of her son’s passing. | 是她已逝儿子的器官挽救了他们的生命 |
[09:04] | The president used this solemn event | 总统借此肃穆的场合 |
[09:06] | to express his gratitude for those who share their lives | 表达了他对分享生命拯救他人健康 |
[09:09] | for the health and welfare of others, | 和幸福的人的敬意 |
[09:11] | whether through organ donation or through their work. | 无论是通过捐赠器官 还是工作 |
[09:14] | The president’s condition has improved dramatically | 总统在接受器官移植后 |
[09:16] | since his organ donation. | 健康状况大为好转 |
[09:18] | The entire country was on edge | 他住院期间 |
[09:19] | throughout his time in the hospital. | 全国人民的心都悬在空中 |
[09:22] | Sixteen-year-old Daniel, | 16岁少年丹尼尔 |
[09:23] | who saved President Underwood from his health crisis, | 把安德伍德总统从健康危机中解救了出来 |
[09:26] | left this world by | 他离开了这个世界 |
[09:27] | giving back to so many others he never expected to touch. | 却回馈了很多他并不知道自己会触动的人 |
[09:31] | Lasting tributes like this will not be forgotten. | 这样永恒的礼物是不会被遗忘的 |
[09:35] | Currently, there are more than 122,000 men, | 目前 每年都有超过12.2万的男人 |
[09:38] | women and children | 女人和小孩 |
[09:39] | seeking an organ transplant each year, | 在寻求器官移植 |
[09:42] | most common needs being the kidney, liver, and heart. | 最常见的需求是肾脏 肝脏和心脏 |
[09:46] | And while the number of donors has increased over the years, | 虽然这些年来 捐赠者的数量有所上升 |
[09:49] | recipients are still in for a long, potentially fatal waiting period | 接受者在找到一个健康匹配的器官前 |
[09:54] | before a healthy, matching organ becomes available. | 仍要熬过一段漫长且可能致命的等待期 |
[09:57] | Waiting lists for these types of transplants | 这类移植的等待者 |
[09:59] | can last from days to months on end. | 能坚持从几天到几个月不等 |
[10:02] | Although President Underwood’s critical condition | 虽然安德伍德总统因情况紧急 |
[10:04] | pushed him to the top of the donor list, | 而登上了捐赠名单榜首 |
[10:07] | he was fortunate to have received a donation in time. | 但他能及时获得捐赠仍然是很幸运的 |
[10:10] | Many status one, or most in-need patients | 很多重症或急需的病人 |
[10:13] | do not receive a transplant in time to save their lives. | 并不能及时得到救命的移植 |
[10:18] | Tennessee! You have 77 votes. | 田纳西州 你们有77票 |
[10:22] | How do you cast them? | 你们要投给谁 |
[10:24] | From the Volunteer State… | 志愿者州… |
[10:26] | the president will be with you in a moment. | 总统马上会接听电话 |
[10:27] | …we cast 73 votes for vice president | 在美国副总统提名投票上 将73票 |
[10:29] | to Secretary Catherine Durant, | 投给凯瑟琳·杜兰特国务卿 |
[10:32] | and four votes to Senator Joseph Baker. | 4票投给约瑟夫·贝克参议员 |
[10:34] | – Cathy! – The meeting with Enright went well. | -凯茜 -跟恩莱特的见面很顺利 |
[10:37] | I put a call into him afterwards. He said you charmed him. | 我之后给他打了电话 他说被你折服了 |
[10:41] | – That puts us where? – Nine-forty-nine. | -我们有多少票了 -949 |
[10:43] | We won’t make this ballot, but we’re getting close. | 这轮投票还赢不了 但也拉近了差距 |
[10:46] | Next one. I’m sure of it. | 下轮肯定行 我确定 |
[10:47] | Let’s talk once we get the final numbers. | 等我们拿到最终数字再谈吧 |
[10:49] | Will do. Bye. | 好的 再见 |
[10:50] | Texas, you have 237 votes. | 德克萨斯州 你们有237票 |
[10:52] | Do you have my call list for tonight? | 我今晚要打的电话名单呢 |
[10:54] | How do you cast them? | 你们要投给谁 |
[10:56] | Madam Secretary, my name is Ruiz Trejo. | 秘书长女士 我是鲁伊斯·特雷霍 |
[10:57] | I see. Uh, I ran into Giovanni in the elevator. | 好的 我在电梯里遇见乔瓦尼了 |
[11:01] | You can cross him off. | 你可以划掉他 |
[11:04] | And cross off Milford. | 再划掉米尔福德 |
[11:05] | She said she’s gonna back Baker till the bitter end. | 她说她到死都只会支持贝克 |
[11:07] | We cast all of our votes to our native daughter, | 我们把所有票都投给了我们本区人 |
[11:11] | the First Lady, | 第一夫人 |
[11:12] | and the future Vice President of the United States of America, | 也是美国未来的副总统 |
[11:15] | Claire Underwood. | 克莱尔·安德伍德 |
[11:17] | Thank you, Texas. And thank… | 谢谢 德州 谢… |
[11:26] | All 237? Nice. | 全部237票吗 太好了 |
[11:29] | My mother brought the hammer down on the holdouts. | 我母亲狠狠敲打了犹豫不定的 |
[11:32] | I just emailed you my donor lists for Austin and Houston. | 我刚发了奥斯丁和休斯顿的捐赠者名单给你 |
[11:34] | Should be at least two million in the bank. | 应该至少能拿到两百万 |
[11:36] | – Ms. Jones. – Oh, that’s great. | -琼斯女士 -太好了 |
[11:37] | Oh, I gotta go. The cameras are here. | 我得挂了 记者来了 |
[11:40] | Ms. Jones, the entire state for the First Lady. | 琼斯女士 整个州都投给第一夫人 |
[11:42] | Will you comment? | 您如何评价呢 |
[11:43] | I think our unanimous vote is all the commentary you need. | 我认为我们一致的选票就是你想要的评论 |
[11:46] | Now, the president endorsed your race, uh, | 总统在国情咨文中 |
[11:48] | your mother’s vacant seat, uh, during the State of the Union. | 背书了您竞选接替您母亲 |
[11:51] | He sure did, and I’m proud to be the front-runner. | 是的 作为领跑者我很骄傲 |
[11:53] | Did that endorsement have anything to do | 这背书会不会跟您 |
[11:55] | with your support of the First Lady? | 对第一夫人的支持有关呢 |
[11:57] | Look, I won’t deny that the Underwoods have been good to me. | 我不否认安德伍德夫妇对我很好 |
[11:59] | But no. They asked me to vote for Catherine Durant. And | 但不是的 他们叫我投给凯瑟琳·杜兰特 |
[12:02] | while I think Secretary Durant | 虽然我认为杜兰特国务卿 |
[12:04] | would be a wonderful woman for the job, | 会是这项工作的好人选 |
[12:06] | I think Claire is the best woman for the job. | 但我觉得克莱尔是最好的人选 |
[12:12] | Well, I really appreciate it, Diane, | 我真的很感激 戴安 |
[12:13] | and I know Cathy will as well. | 我知道凯茜也会很感激的 |
[12:16] | All right, we’ll speak soon. | 好吧 再联络 |
[12:20] | New draft. | 新草稿 |
[12:23] | LeAnn wanted me to work in some phrases… | 莉安让我再改改一些用词… |
[12:25] | and keyword amplifiers. | 和一些关键强调词 |
[12:27] | All I’m asking is that you make the call. | 我只求你打个电话 |
[12:30] | He’ll listen if it comes from you. | 如果是你说 他会听的 |
[12:32] | It seems very clunky. | 好生硬 |
[12:33] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[12:36] | Is there a way to… | 能不能… |
[12:38] | put in what she wants and make it… | 写出她想要的但写得… |
[12:39] | – more elegant? – He’s still pissed about | -更优雅一点 -他还在为 |
[12:40] | that limp-dick defense bill I killed when I was whip… | 我担任党鞭时否决的没用国防法案生气 |
[12:43] | Maybe… but I have my limitations. | 也许吧…但我有我的限制 |
[12:47] | Well, you don’t have much faith in her analytics, I don’t think. | 我觉得你不太相信她的分析 |
[12:50] | It’s paint by numbers. | 都是用数字在说话 |
[12:51] | Yes, well, she also says | 是啊 她还说 |
[12:52] | that you’ve been alienating some of the other speechwriters. | 你一直在疏远其他讲稿撰写人 |
[12:55] | Eh, well, their mediocrity is what’s alienating them. | 他们的平庸才是他们被疏远的原因 |
[12:59] | I’m allergic to it. | 我对那个过敏 |
[13:01] | – I work better alone. – Let me speak to Bryce | -我独自工作更好 -让我跟布赖斯谈谈 |
[13:03] | and then see what I can do. | 看看我能做点什么 |
[13:05] | That’s right. WestCAM should do it. | 没错 让韦斯特电子来做 |
[13:09] | Well, tonight if you can. | 最好是今晚 |
[13:11] | The morning is fine if you can’t… | 实在不行就早上… |
[13:12] | I have to go. Let’s discuss the speech later. | 我得走了 晚点再讨论讲稿吧 |
[13:16] | Yeah, all I need is just three more from your state | 对 我只需要你们州再来三票 |
[13:19] | and we’ve got it. | 我们就赢了 |
[13:20] | Yes, just a… just a few more. | 对 就再多几票 |
[13:23] | Like, three. | 三票 |
[13:24] | Yes, and so do I. I’ll talk to you tomorrow. | 对 我也是 我们明天再聊 |
[13:27] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[13:30] | Tom. | 汤姆 |
[13:32] | I feel like we haven’t even had a chance to say hello | 你来之后 我们都没时间 |
[13:34] | since you came on board. | 打个招呼 |
[13:36] | You’re a busy man. | 你是个大忙人 |
[13:37] | I don’t know the opposite. | 我从来没闲下来过 |
[13:39] | It has its upsides. Like sleep. | 也有好处 比如睡眠 |
[13:43] | And friends. | 还有朋友 |
[13:45] | How’s the, uh… | 那个怎么样了 |
[13:49] | You know, if it weren’t for the pills, | 要不是得吃药 |
[13:51] | I could go through entire days without even thinking about it. | 我一整天都不会想到这事 |
[13:55] | I wonder what that kid would think… | 不知道那孩子如果知道 |
[13:57] | if he knew that part of him was inside of the president’s body. | 他成了总统身体的一部分会怎么想 |
[14:01] | Tragic, huh? | 真悲剧啊 |
[14:03] | But, then again, | 但话又说回来 |
[14:04] | one man’s tragedy is another man’s treasure, | 一个人的悲剧是另一个人的宝藏 |
[14:07] | – isn’t that right? – Trash. | -是不是 -垃圾 |
[14:10] | What? | 什么 |
[14:11] | “One man’s trash.” That’s how the saying goes. | “一个人的垃圾” 应该这么说 |
[14:13] | Oh, right. | 对了 |
[14:15] | How’s the speech coming? | 讲稿怎么样了 |
[14:18] | Well, this is for the introduction to your acceptance speech, but… | 这是你提名演讲的先导讲话 但… |
[14:23] | shouldn’t it be for her own acceptance? | 不该是她自己的提名演讲吗 |
[14:27] | You want Claire to win, not Durant. | 你想让克莱尔赢 而不是杜兰特 |
[14:30] | A First Lady as the… | 第一夫人当… |
[14:32] | That’s ludicrous. | 真荒唐 |
[14:34] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么认为 |
[14:35] | And I don’t think you do either. | 而且我觉得你也不 |
[14:39] | Maybe I’m wrong. | 也许我错了 |
[14:43] | But if I’m right… | 但如果我说得对 |
[14:47] | she’s gonna need the speech to end all speeches. | 她会需要一份终结者性的讲稿 |
[14:51] | And it would be good for me to know that. | 提前让我有准备会比较好 |
[14:55] | I have some more work to do. | 我还有其他事 |
[15:00] | Governor! How are you? | 州长 你好吗 |
[15:02] | Yeah, well, I wish I was in Oregon, too, | 对 我也希望我在俄勒冈州 |
[15:05] | but I’m here in Atlanta | 但我现在在亚特兰大 |
[15:06] | where it’s muggier than a street hooker’s twat. | 这里比站街女的屄还湿热 |
[15:09] | I am honored to be mentioned | 能和国务卿杜兰特以及 |
[15:11] | with Secretary Durant and Senator Baker. | 贝克参议员相提并论 我倍感荣幸 |
[15:13] | They’re seasoned politicians. | 他们都是经验丰富的政治家 |
[15:15] | But I already have a job, | 但我已经有工作了 |
[15:17] | First Lady of the United States. | 美国的第一夫人 |
[15:19] | Well, Texas is over 5% of the vote. | 德州的选票占比超过5% |
[15:21] | And my home state, so let’s not make more of it than it is. | 也是我的家乡 所以别想得太多了 |
[15:25] | Claire! | 克莱尔 |
[15:26] | Congratulations. I think you’re in fifth place now. | 祝贺你 你现在已经是第五名了 |
[15:29] | Yeah, with you in first, where you should be. | 对 而你是当之无愧的第一 |
[15:32] | Secretary Durant, do you think the First Lady has a shot? | 杜兰特国务卿 您认为第一夫人有机会吗 |
[15:35] | I think Texas just gave her one. | 我觉得德州给了她一次机会 |
[15:38] | Kidding aside, do you think | 不开玩笑 |
[15:39] | she has the foreign policy experience? | 您认为她有外交经验吗 |
[15:41] | It’s beside the point. And like I said this morning, | 这无关紧要 就像我今早说的 |
[15:43] | I encourage everyone, including Texas, | 我鼓励所有人 也包括德州人 |
[15:46] | to vote for Secretary Durant. | 给杜兰特国务卿投票 |
[15:48] | Mrs. Underwood– | 安德伍德夫人 |
[15:48] | You know what, if you’ll excuse me, | 失陪一下 |
[15:49] | I want to get back to the phones, | 我想继续去打电话 |
[15:50] | make sure Cathy gets this nomination. | 确保凯茜得到提名 |
[15:52] | – Thank you. – May I have a moment? | -谢谢 -能单独说句话吗 |
[15:54] | Oh, of course. | 当然 |
[16:00] | Did anyone ask you about Brandenburg | 有没有人问过你勃兰登堡的事 |
[16:02] | or any of your people and your involvement there? | 或者问过你的手下 打探你在其中的角色 |
[16:05] | Brandenburg? | 勃兰登堡 |
[16:06] | No, we put that to bed. | 没有 我们不是都解决了 |
[16:08] | That’s what I thought, | 我之前也这么以为 |
[16:09] | which is why I was surprised when Adam Gould told me | 所以亚当·古尔德告诉我 |
[16:11] | that he had sources saying you deserved all the credit. | 知情人说功劳全是你的时 我很惊讶 |
[16:14] | We all agreed to what our version of the story is, | 我们都统一了说法 |
[16:16] | so somebody isn’t toeing the line. | 这么说有人不听话了 |
[16:19] | Well, I’m sure it’s not White House staff. | 肯定不是白宫的工作人员 |
[16:21] | I bet he’s just fishing, trying to start some rivalry. | 他肯定只是在瞎猜 想挑拨对立 |
[16:24] | Well, I’d be grateful, if he asks you, or anyone else– | 那样就好了 如果他问你或者其他人 |
[16:27] | Of course. And I’ve been sticking to our story… | 当然 而且我一直坚持我们的说法 |
[16:30] | which it was you that got the Russians to back down, | 是你让俄罗斯人做出让步 |
[16:32] | and I was just there to support you. | 我到那儿只是去支持你 |
[16:34] | That wouldn’t look good to the delegates, | 代表们如果知道不会满意的 |
[16:36] | the fact that you met with Petrov without me. | 是你单独和佩特罗夫见了面 |
[16:39] | It would look like I wasn’t in command of– | 会看上去像我根本没控制住… |
[16:41] | No one needs to know what we discussed. | 我们讨论的内容不需要让人知道 |
[16:44] | You have nothing to worry about, Cathy. Honestly. | 你没什么可担心的 凯茜 真的 |
[16:48] | Well, yeah. I can get you on the phone | 对 我可以帮你接通 |
[16:50] | with the Secretary of Agriculture, | 农业部长的电话 |
[16:51] | but if you want drought relief, | 但如果你想抗旱救灾 |
[16:53] | I’m gonna need more than just Stevens and Lopez. | 那只有史蒂文斯和洛佩兹可远远不够 |
[16:56] | Has anything been set up with Baker yet? | 贝克那边有什么安排吗 |
[16:57] | Tomorrow morning, in his room. | 明早在他的房里 |
[16:59] | Well, that’s cutting it close. | 这卡得也太紧了 |
[17:00] | He’s at a big dinner with | 他今晚还要和 |
[17:01] | the Florida congressional delegation tonight. | 佛罗里达国会代表团吃饭 |
[17:03] | Well, all right, and call me back. | 那好 请务必回电 |
[17:05] | The rumors have gotten to Cathy. | 凯茜已经听见风声了 |
[17:06] | Well, we did want them to spread. That was the idea. | 我们本来就是想把风声传出去 |
[17:10] | I think one of us needs to speak with her. | 我们得有人找她谈谈 |
[17:12] | Yeah, but the plan was to wait till it was inevitable. | 但计划是要等到万不得已再去 |
[17:14] | If we don’t involve her sooner than later, Francis, | 如果我们不尽快把她拉进来 弗兰西斯 |
[17:16] | she could turn on us. | 她可能会背叛我们 |
[17:17] | All right, you take your meeting with Baker. | 那好 你去见贝克 |
[17:19] | – I’ll talk to Cathy. You set that up. – Yes, sir. | -我去和凯茜谈 你去安排 -好 先生 |
[17:23] | How much are you going to say? | 你打算说到什么地步 |
[17:25] | Just enough to prepare her. | 让她有心理准备就行 |
[17:32] | A lot of calls about Mrs. Underwood in Russia. | 不少人来电问安德伍德夫人和俄罗斯的事 |
[17:35] | Denying? | 你否认了 |
[17:36] | Ignoring, which is the same as confirming. | 我无视了 基本上就是等于默认了 |
[17:39] | – Good. – Claire in there? | -很好 -克莱尔在里面吗 |
[17:40] | She’s speaking privately with the president. | 她正在和总统私谈 |
[17:42] | Oh, I’m sure she won’t mind. | 我进去她不会介意的 |
[17:54] | Where are we with LeAnn? | 查莉安查得怎么样了 |
[17:55] | – She’s clean. – No. | -她没有问题 -不可能 |
[17:58] | I refuse to believe that. | 我不相信 |
[18:00] | Doug, if our campaign manager bites the dust, | 道格 如果我们的竞选经理完蛋了 |
[18:03] | that hurts us. | 这对我们没有好处 |
[18:04] | I gave you a task. | 这是我给你的任务 |
[18:08] | And I’ll keep at it. | 我继续查 |
[18:12] | Nice coverage on the liver thing this morning. | 今早捐肝的新闻做得漂亮 |
[18:15] | I emailed you some links. | 我给你发了些链接 |
[18:21] | Boys are older now, both married. | 孩子们都大了 结婚了 |
[18:24] | Got a third grandkid on the way. | 第三个孙子也要出世了 |
[18:27] | We don’t get out to the lake much these days. | 如今我们不怎么去湖边了 |
[18:29] | Washington takes its toll. | 混首都圈代价不小啊 |
[18:31] | It sure does. | 那是自然 |
[18:33] | I’ve made a lot of sacrifices over the years, Mrs. Underwood. | 我这些年牺牲了不少 安德伍德夫人 |
[18:35] | Time with my boys, that’s a big one. | 最主要的就是没时间陪孩子 |
[18:38] | Who knows if I’ll win, but I’m in the mix. | 我不知道能不能赢 但我参与进来了 |
[18:41] | And I can’t sacrifice this opportunity | 我不能牺牲这次机会 |
[18:43] | to pave the way for Cathy Durant. | 为凯茜·杜兰特铺路 |
[18:45] | You won’t win, Senator. We both know that. | 你赢不了的 参议员 你我都清楚 |
[18:47] | But I can’t help her. | 可我不能帮她 |
[18:49] | Now, I realize you two don’t get along. | 我知道你们两个有分歧 |
[18:51] | She despises me. | 她看不惯我 |
[18:52] | And I have to say, the feeling is mutual. | 老实说 我对她也是一样 |
[18:54] | – Well, listen– – The moment she became Secretary of State, | -听着 -她一就任国务卿 |
[18:56] | she got the Republicans to | 就让共和党人 |
[18:57] | remove me from the Foreign Relations Committee. | 把我从外事委员会赶出来了 |
[19:00] | And Francis was very upset about that. | 弗兰西斯对此很不高兴 |
[19:03] | But that was the past. | 可这都是过去的事了 |
[19:06] | Let’s talk about the future. | 我们还是放眼未来吧 |
[19:07] | This support for Claire, it’s caught us both off guard. | 党内对克莱尔如此支持 我们都没想到 |
[19:11] | But you are my choice for vice president. | 但我要你来做副总统 |
[19:13] | Nothing has changed on that front. | 这一点不会变 |
[19:14] | Well, my only concern are the rumors. | 我只是担心那些传言 |
[19:17] | They could damage my chances. | 的确会威胁我的胜算 |
[19:18] | Yes. And we’ll do what we can to combat those. | 对 我们会想办法应对的 |
[19:20] | That’s what Claire said, too, and it’s much appreciated. | 克莱尔也是这么说的 我很感激 |
[19:25] | But, if, and– Oh, God, it’s a big if. | 但是如果 仅仅是如果 |
[19:29] | But what if… | 但是如果 |
[19:30] | support for Claire picks up steam… | 对克莱尔的支持成了气候 |
[19:32] | Well, you don’t actually think that will happen? | 你不是真以为有这可能吧 |
[19:35] | Oh, no. I mean, a First Lady as VP? | 当然不了 第一夫人哪能当副总统 |
[19:38] | No. | 怎么行 |
[19:39] | The party wants someone with experience, and so does the country. | 党内想要个有经验的人 人民也是 |
[19:42] | Absolutely. | 那是当然 |
[19:44] | But… it is an open convention, | 但这次是开放党代会 |
[19:46] | and so we have to operate | 所以我们必须 |
[19:48] | with the belief that anything could happen. | 准备应对一切可能发生的情况 |
[19:50] | I mean, the press is certainly enjoying imagining it. | 媒体是对这个想法十分感兴趣 |
[19:53] | Well, sure. It makes for a good story. | 那可不 这种头条吸引眼球 |
[19:57] | Yeah, and it’s the kind of coverage that we can’t really control. | 而这种新闻我们也没办法控制 |
[20:00] | You know, I mean, | 我是说 |
[20:01] | these things have a way of taking on a life of their own. | 这种风声会自己落地生根 |
[20:04] | Like the Zoe Barnes story | 就像佐伊·巴恩斯的报道 |
[20:06] | did about my nomination for Secretary of State. | 影响了我担任国务卿的提名 |
[20:08] | Except that one we planted. | 只不过那是我们设计好的 |
[20:10] | – And this one you didn’t. – No, absolutely not! | -这次你没有吗 -当然没有 |
[20:12] | I mean, Claire was mortified by those votes. | 克莱尔都不知道怎么回应这些支持票 |
[20:16] | What you’re saying is if the coverage influences enough people… | 你是说 如果新闻报道影响了足够多的人 |
[20:20] | Well, we have to be prepared for that. | 我们必须有所准备 |
[20:22] | I mean… | 当然了 |
[20:24] | of course, politically, it would be a disaster. | 从政治角度讲 这简直是灾难 |
[20:26] | Maybe, maybe not. | 也许是 也许不是 |
[20:31] | You don’t think so? | 你觉得不一定吗 |
[20:32] | Well, personally, I think Claire would do an excellent job. | 我个人觉得克莱尔会非常称职 |
[20:36] | Well, I am very surprised to hear you say that. | 你这么说我实在是没想到 |
[20:39] | You don’t believe she would? | 你不相信她会吗 |
[20:42] | Well, I’ve just never really considered it. | 我只是从来没这么想过 |
[20:46] | The First Lady? As vice president? | 第一夫人 当副总统 |
[20:48] | Well, 251 delegates think it’s a good idea. | 有251个党代表支持这个想法 |
[20:51] | Well, most of those were from Texas, which was a lark. | 他们大多来自德州 那只是玩笑 |
[20:55] | Was it? | 是吗 |
[20:58] | I have as many delegates as you do, Senator. | 支持我的党代表不比你少 参议员 |
[21:01] | – But if you start pushing yours my way… – You double. | -但如果你开始支持我 -你得票翻倍 |
[21:04] | And take the lead. | 并且票数最多 |
[21:04] | – And then Cathy puts you over the top. – That’s the idea. | -然后凯茜再支持你获得提名 -就是这样 |
[21:08] | So she’s in on this? | 她也支持你吗 |
[21:09] | She will be. | 她会的 |
[21:12] | Well, let’s say Claire does take the lead, | 假设克莱尔真的票数领先 |
[21:15] | however unlikely that may be… | 先不管可能性有多大吧 |
[21:17] | – Very unlikely, I would say. – Well, let’s say she does. | -我看基本不可能 -先假设她领先了 |
[21:19] | What do you propose? | 你打算怎么办 |
[21:25] | I honestly don’t know. | 我还真不知道 |
[21:29] | Well, you’d have to support her, wouldn’t you? | 你肯定得支持她吧 |
[21:33] | You can’t abandon your own wife. | 你总不能抛弃自己的妻子 |
[21:35] | Uh, true, but I can’t abandon you either. | 那倒是 可我也不能抛弃你啊 |
[21:37] | Well, if she took the lead, | 如果她真的领先了 |
[21:39] | I suppose I’d have to support her, too. | 我想我也得支持她了 |
[21:40] | No, I would never ask you to do that. | 我决不会要求你做那样的事 |
[21:42] | But you don’t have to ask. We’re on the same team here. | 你不必要求我 我们是一边的 |
[21:46] | Well, to be perfectly blunt… | 那我就直接问了 |
[21:48] | what’s in it for me? | 我有什么好处 |
[21:49] | What would it take? | 你想要什么好处 |
[21:50] | You’re doing the selling. Make me an offer. | 来推销的是你 你说说吧 |
[21:53] | Let’s say Claire gets it. | 假设克莱尔成功了 |
[21:55] | I assume I stay on, if you get the general. | 如果你赢了的话 我可以留任吧 |
[21:57] | Oh, absolutely. | 那肯定 |
[21:58] | I cannot imagine the next | 我可不敢想像 |
[21:59] | four years without you being my Secretary of… | 接下来的四年里没有你来当美国的… |
[22:01] | …State. | 国务卿 |
[22:05] | You’d give me Cathy’s job? | 你要把凯茜的工作给我 |
[22:08] | We’re prepared to. | 我们是这么打算的 |
[22:19] | – Doug. – Madam Secretary. | -道格 -国务卿女士 |
[22:24] | We have an issue, sir. | 出了个问题 先生 |
[22:27] | When I first warned the president that ICO would grow, | 当我最早警告总统哈里发国会不断壮大 |
[22:29] | and grow quickly, he did nothing. | 并迅速扩张时 他什么都没做 |
[22:31] | Yesterday, the leaders of ICO sent out this tweet. | 昨天哈里发国的领袖发了这条推特 |
[22:34] | “As Suwar is ours. | “苏瓦尔已被我们夺下 |
[22:36] | Soon heads will roll into the Euphrates.” | 幼发拉底河将被鲜血染红” |
[22:40] | That wasn’t just in Arabic, that was in English, | 不仅用阿拉伯文发 还有英语 |
[22:43] | and sent out in 16 other languages. | 以及其他16种语言 |
[22:45] | They’re media savvy, they’re recruiting around the globe. | 他们善于媒体攻势 在全球范围内招募人手 |
[22:48] | They have the money and the manpower now. | 他们现在资金和人手都很充足 |
[22:50] | Once they get to the Euphrates, | 一旦他们进入幼发拉底河流域 |
[22:52] | they’ll have a choke hold on northern Syria. | 他们将扼住北叙利亚的命门 |
[22:54] | We must act, Mr. President, and we must act now. | 我们必须采取行动 总统先生 马上行动 |
[22:59] | Normally, there’s a tradition of sportsmanship | 一般来说 党代会有种 |
[23:02] | when it comes to conventions. | 传统的竞争精神 |
[23:04] | One candidate lays low | 一名候选人保持低调 |
[23:05] | so the other gets his or her moment in the spotlight. | 让另一名候选人得到最大关注 |
[23:09] | But not only is the president | 但是总统不仅 |
[23:10] | ignoring a great threat to the world’s security, | 在无视一个重大的世界安全威胁 |
[23:13] | he’s insulted the one man who stood up and spoke out for us all. | 他还侮辱了唯一站出来为我们大声疾呼的人 |
[23:18] | When this profile came out | 这篇详细阐述了 |
[23:20] | about everything the general just mentioned, | 将军刚刚所说的内容的专访发行后 |
[23:23] | the White House said that he was politicizing terrorism. | 白宫竟然指责他利用恐怖主义做政治文章 |
[23:27] | And when I announced that General Brockhart | 而当我宣布布洛哈特将军 |
[23:29] | was going to be my running mate, | 将成为我的竞选搭档后 |
[23:31] | the president’s campaign said, and I quote, | 总统竞选团队竟称 我原话引用 |
[23:34] | “It’s a shame the general traded in patriotism for careerism.” | “为将军拿爱国换仕途的行径感到惋惜” |
[23:40] | Now, I don’t call that very sportsmanlike. | 这可实在是称不上竞争精神 |
[23:43] | I call it disgraceful. | 这就是下作 |
[23:44] | How many wars has the president fought for his country? | 总统为这个国家打过几场仗 |
[23:48] | I think we all know, none. | 我们都知道 一次都没有 |
[23:51] | And he questions the patriotism of a man who has fought in many? | 而他却质疑这位曾多次为国而战的人的爱国心 |
[23:55] | You hear me, Mr. President. | 你听好 总统先生 |
[23:57] | I demand that you do something about ICO. | 我要求你对哈里发国采取措施 |
[24:00] | And I demand that you make an apology to the general. | 我要求你对将军道歉 |
[24:03] | And we’re not leaving Atlanta until you’ve done both. | 你不做到这两点 我们就不离开亚特兰大 |
[24:06] | Live on every network right now. | 各大电视台都在直播 |
[24:09] | I gotta hand it to him. | 他这步棋我服气 |
[24:11] | I wonder if this was his idea, | 不知道是不是他自己的主意 |
[24:12] | ’cause it’s almost something like I would do. | 因为都有点我的风格了 |
[24:15] | We ignore him. It’s 95 degrees. Let him sweat it out. | 不管他 外面35度呢 让他熬下去吧 |
[24:19] | I think the longer we ignore him, the more attention they’ll get. | 我们越是不理他 他得到的关注就会越高 |
[24:21] | I agree with LeAnn. | 我同意莉安 |
[24:23] | So apologize. | 那就道歉吧 |
[24:25] | It’s only pride. | 无非是面子而已 |
[24:27] | I can do it if you want, sir. | 如果您同意 我可以来道歉 先生 |
[24:29] | I wrote the statement. | 是我写的声明 |
[24:30] | No, it only works if it comes from Francis. | 不 只有弗兰西斯亲自出面才管用 |
[24:33] | Claire’s right. | 克莱尔说得对 |
[24:34] | And we can do more than just apologize. | 除了道歉 我们还可以做更多 |
[24:37] | I can meet with the bastard. | 我可以和这混蛋见面 |
[24:40] | The issues the governor and the general raise are important ones. | 州长和将军指出的问题都非常重要 |
[24:44] | They transcend party affiliations and, quite frankly, politics. | 这超越两党分歧 甚至超越政治 |
[24:49] | And so in that spirit, I’m inviting the governor | 鉴于此 我在此邀请州长 |
[24:52] | to come here and join me, | 来这里和我见面 |
[24:54] | so that we can have a conversation privately because… | 这样我们可以举行闭门会谈 因为 |
[24:58] | whoever becomes the president is going to have to deal with ICO | 无论最终谁当选 都要对付哈里发国 |
[25:01] | and all of the other terrorist threats that we face around the globe. | 以及我们在世界各地面临的其他恐怖威胁 |
[25:04] | So I’m looking forward to hearing | 所以我期待听到 |
[25:06] | whatever ideas and solutions that they may have… | 他们可能有的任何想法和方案 |
[25:10] | because a smart president will steal good ideas from anyone. | 因为聪明的总统会偷任何人的好主意 |
[25:14] | Let’s kill them with kindness, shall we? | 我们用仁慈干掉他们吧 |
[25:23] | – Governor. – Mr. President. | -州长 -总统先生 |
[25:25] | Would you please put the General on the line? | 请让将军接一下电话好吗 |
[25:32] | Sir? | 先生 |
[25:33] | General… | 将军 |
[25:35] | your service to this country is greatly valued | 你对这个国家的贡献深受看重 |
[25:38] | and your patriotism is without doubt. | 你的爱国精神也是不容置疑的 |
[25:41] | And in the heat of the campaign, well, we went too far. | 在激烈的竞选之中 我们过火了 |
[25:45] | We issued statements that we shouldn’t have, | 我们发表了不该发表的声明 |
[25:47] | and for that I want to apologize, | 为此我要向你道歉 |
[25:49] | and I do hope that you will accept it. | 希望你能接受 |
[25:51] | Far more important to me than an apology | 对我而言 除掉哈里发国 |
[25:53] | is eliminating ICO, Mr. President. | 远比道歉重要 总统先生 |
[25:55] | I couldn’t agree with your more, General. | 我非常赞同 将军 |
[25:56] | If you’d be so kind as to put the Governor back on the phone. | 麻烦你把电话交回给州长 |
[26:02] | I received your invitation, Mr. President. | 我收到你的邀请了 总统先生 |
[26:05] | And will you join us, Governor? | 那你会来吗 州长 |
[26:07] | Only if it leads to real action, not just talk. | 得是为了行动 而不是空谈才行 |
[26:09] | I can promise you, Governor, | 我向你保证 州长 |
[26:11] | and the rest of America that it will not just be talk. | 也向整个美国保证 不会是空谈 |
[26:14] | Then, yes. If it truly leads to securing our freedom. | 那好 如果真有助于保卫自由的话 |
[26:17] | Thank you very much. I look forward to seeing you. | 非常感谢 我期待与你见面 |
[26:20] | Thank you all very much. | 感谢大家 |
[26:22] | Right this way, Governor. | 这边请 州长 |
[26:26] | Do you think this a good idea? | 你觉得这样好吗 |
[26:29] | What choice do I have? He called my bluff. | 我还有什么选择 他接我的招了 |
[26:48] | Welcome, Governor. | 欢迎 州长 |
[26:49] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢 总统先生 |
[26:56] | I have a room set up for us. | 我安排了一个房间 |
[27:04] | Here. | 来 |
[27:07] | Have some lunch. | 吃些午餐 |
[27:08] | We’ve got ham, and I think some turkey. | 我们有火腿 还有些火鸡 |
[27:11] | I’m good, but thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[27:13] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[27:14] | After the stunt you just pulled, I would’ve thought you love ham. | 看你演的那一出 我以为你喜欢火腿[演过头]呢 |
[27:25] | You put this here on purpose. | 你特意放在这里的 |
[27:26] | Well, a little reading material, you know. | 一点读物 |
[27:28] | Something to pass the time. | 作为消遣 |
[27:30] | I just got a text from Ben Grant | 我刚收到本·格兰特的短信 |
[27:31] | saying searches for this issue is | 说我们来这里后 |
[27:33] | going through the roof since we showed up here. | 对这一期的搜索量爆表 |
[27:37] | Ben Grant owns Pollyhop… | 本·格兰特是波利跳的老板 |
[27:39] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[27:42] | And you own Ben Grant. | 而他又是你的人 |
[27:46] | Isn’t that what power is? The people you collect? | 这不就是权力吗 你能揽到的人 |
[27:50] | You really screwed me with that webcast. | 你那网络直播真是害惨我了 |
[27:52] | I had everything all planned out. | 我本来把一切都安排好了 |
[27:54] | The Federal Election Commission, the Department of Justice. | 联邦选举委员会 司法部 |
[27:57] | I was looking forward to watching you go down in flames… | 我就等着看你灰飞烟灭呢 |
[28:01] | maybe even behind bars. | 甚至锒铛入狱 |
[28:03] | Well, I’m sorry I ruined your fun. | 抱歉让你扫兴了 |
[28:05] | It’s a bit embarrassing, though, isn’t it? | 不过挺难堪的 不是吗 |
[28:07] | I mean, sharing all your most intimate moments? | 把你们最亲密的镜头公之于众 |
[28:11] | Videos of your children? | 你孩子们的影像 |
[28:13] | I’m proud of my family. Why would I be embarrassed? | 我为我的家庭骄傲 怎么会难堪呢 |
[28:15] | Well, just that you have to stoop so low to win everyone’s love. | 为了赢得所有人的喜爱 要屈尊至此 |
[28:19] | It feels a bit desperate, doesn’t it? | 看起来挺绝望的 不是吗 |
[28:21] | You’re 15 points behind in every poll. | 你在所有民调中都落后15个百分点 |
[28:25] | So, if anyone’s desperate, it should be you. | 绝望的人应该是你 |
[28:27] | Well, the key to being President | 做总统的关键 |
[28:28] | is not only winning your battles, | 不只在于赢得胜利 |
[28:29] | it’s winning them with dignity. | 而是要赢得有尊严 |
[28:31] | Should we talk about ICO? | 我们谈不谈哈里发国了 |
[28:33] | Oh, God. Why would we want to do that? | 老天 我们为什么要谈那个呢 |
[28:37] | It’s why we’re meeting. | 这是我们会面的原因 |
[28:39] | Oh, right. | 对了 |
[28:41] | “Real talk, real action.” | “真正的谈话 真正的行动” |
[28:44] | That’s what you’re all about, isn’t it? | 那就是你关注的 是吗 |
[28:47] | Well, I suppose we could if you want to, but… | 如果你想谈 我们可以谈 不过 |
[28:50] | then again we could just take a break from it all | 我们也可以把这一切暂时放下 |
[28:53] | and relax a bit. | 放松一下 |
[28:59] | God. | 老天 |
[29:00] | This turkey tastes like rubber. | 这火鸡一股橡胶味 |
[29:01] | Well, it’s better than eating a real one. | 总比真的吃橡胶[安全套]要好 |
[29:04] | Oh, I always wear protection | 我被民主党人吹箫时 |
[29:06] | when I’m getting my dick sucked by the Democrats. | 总是要做好保护措施 |
[29:12] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[29:16] | I’m fine. I’m fine. | 没事 没事 |
[29:20] | Don’t make me laugh when I’m eating. I nearly choked to death. | 我吃东西时别和我开玩笑 我差点噎死 |
[29:23] | Well, that is one way for me to become president. | 那倒是让我当上总统的一个办法 |
[29:28] | – Here you go. – Thank you. | -给 -谢谢 |
[29:30] | – You okay? – Oh, yeah. | -你还好吧 -嗯 |
[29:37] | Do you mind if I take these off? | 你介意我脱掉吗 |
[29:39] | They’re brand new and I’m still breaking ’em in. | 是崭新的鞋 还没磨合好呢 |
[29:49] | You like to play video games, right? | 你喜欢玩电子游戏 对吧 |
[29:52] | Now, how did you hear about that? | 你从哪听说的 |
[29:56] | Tom Yates. | 汤姆·耶茨 |
[29:57] | Oh, yes. | 对了 |
[29:59] | Tom Yates. | 汤姆·耶茨 |
[30:02] | That’s one person you weren’t able to collect, were you? | 这个人你没能揽到 是不是 |
[30:07] | What did you do to get him back? | 你是怎么把他招回来的 |
[30:08] | Oh, look, I’m sure he was tempted. | 他肯定动过心的 |
[30:10] | He is a fiction writer, after all. | 毕竟他是个写小说的 |
[30:13] | You’re a New York Republican. | 而你是个纽约的共和党人 |
[30:15] | That’s an attractive fiction, isn’t it? | 这种虚构剧情很诱人啊 是吧 |
[30:17] | And you’re a Democrat from South Carolina, | 你是个来自南卡罗莱纳的民主党 |
[30:19] | that’s even bigger fiction. | 这更像虚构的情节 |
[30:20] | Well, there you go. | 你说对了 |
[30:21] | And I’m a New York Republican, which is basically a Democrat. | 而且我是个纽约的共和党 基本上就是民主党 |
[30:25] | If you were a Democrat, you’d be unstoppable. | 如果你是民主党人 那没有人可以阻挡你 |
[30:28] | You’d be the new JFK. | 你绝对是新一代肯尼迪 |
[30:30] | And if you were a Republican, who’d you be? Nixon? | 如果你是共和党 那你会是谁 尼克松吗 |
[30:33] | Nixon was a far more effective president. | 尼克松可是个高效得多的总统 |
[30:35] | The only reason people glorify Kennedy is because he got shot. | 人们崇拜肯尼迪只是因为他被爆头了 |
[30:39] | Well, you’ve got that going for you, too, now, don’t you? | 你不是也挨了一枪吗 |
[30:41] | And you’ve got your search engine | 而你有你的搜索引擎 |
[30:42] | and all your little home videos. | 和你的家庭视频 |
[30:45] | See, if people want a piece of you… | 如果人们想了解你 |
[30:48] | you give it to them, right? | 你就满足他们 对不对 |
[30:50] | Oh, is that what people want? | 这就是人们想要的吗 |
[30:53] | A piece of you? | 了解你 |
[31:02] | Do you play video games? | 你玩电子游戏吗 |
[31:03] | No. My kids do. | 不 但我孩子玩 |
[31:09] | There’s this one game that my son Charlie, he loves to play. | 我儿子查理特别爱玩一个游戏 |
[31:14] | It’s called Agar.Io. | 名字叫”细胞吞噬” |
[31:17] | I have to admit, I might have played it a couple of times myself. | 我得承认我自己时不时也玩一玩 |
[31:22] | You start out as a little dot. | 你一开始只是一个小点 |
[31:25] | And then you go around | 然后你四处移动 |
[31:26] | eating these other dots and you get bigger. | 吞噬其他的点 你就会变大 |
[31:29] | And the bigger you get, | 你变得越大 |
[31:29] | you gotta avoid getting eaten by the bigger players. | 就越得小心别被其他玩家更大的点吃掉 |
[31:33] | Meanwhile, you’re trying to eat the smaller players. | 与此同时你还要继续吞噬比你小的点 |
[31:36] | Sounds a little like running for president. | 听着挺像总统竞选的 |
[31:40] | So, are you playing with real people right now? | 那么现在和你对战的都是真人吗 |
[31:42] | Yeah. From all over the world. | 没错 来自全世界的玩家 |
[31:46] | Here, you try it. | 来 你试试 |
[31:49] | – Oh, I got eaten. – Press that. | -呀 我被吞了 -按这个键 |
[31:51] | Ah, oh, I see. It makes you small again. | 我明白了 我又变小了 |
[31:54] | Yeah, you gotta start over from square one every single time. | 对 你每次都得重头开始 |
[31:57] | Oh, God. I got eaten again. | 我的天 我又被吞了 |
[32:01] | I wonder what the other players would think | 如果其他玩家知道对手是什么人 |
[32:02] | if they knew who they were playing against. | 不知道会怎么想 |
[32:04] | Oh, I’m rather enjoying the anonymity. | 我倒挺喜欢匿名的 |
[32:08] | This is unprecedented. | 这真是史无前例 |
[32:09] | The president and Governor Conway | 总统和康威州长 |
[32:11] | are meeting right now at the convention hall. | 正在大会会场举行闭门会谈 |
[32:13] | Two candidates, face to face. | 两名候选人面对面 |
[32:15] | They’ve been in there for about ten minutes, | 他们已经进去十分钟了 |
[32:16] | supposedly discussing the ICO situation. | 据说在讨论如何应对哈里发国问题 |
[32:19] | Now, while the private meeting between the two candidates | 而两名总统候选人继续进行 |
[32:21] | continues behind closed doors, | 闭门会谈的同时 |
[32:23] | delegates on the floor | 场内代表们正在 |
[32:24] | are gearing up for the next round of voting for… | 准备进行下一轮投票 |
[32:27] | We should head down. The next ballot is starting soon. | 我们得下去了 下一轮投票马上就要开始了 |
[32:28] | – I’ll be down in a minute. – In the second round of voting | -我马上就去 -在第二轮投票中 |
[32:30] | a quarter of the delegates changed their votes, | 四分之一的代表改变了选择 |
[32:30] | 第三轮投票即将开始 第一夫人成副总统候选人有力竞争者 | |
[32:31] | support for First Lady Claire Underwood is picking up steam, | 支持第一夫人安德伍德的呼声越来越高 |
[32:35] | thanks in part to today’s breaking story | 这要部分归功于今天的头条新闻 |
[32:37] | about Mrs. Underwood’s involvement in the Brandenburg negotiations. | 称安德伍德夫人在勃兰登堡会谈中立下大功 |
[32:40] | A single vote from Senator Scott Sheer | 参议员斯考特·希尔投下的一张支持票 |
[32:43] | expanded to support from the entire Texas delegation. | 扩展到整个德州代表团转而支持第一夫人 |
[32:51] | You’ve, uh, got a call. | 你好像 有个电话 |
[32:52] | Yeah, I better take that. They only call if it’s important. | 我最好接下 肯定是大事 他们才会打给我 |
[32:58] | Yeah, this is Will. | 我是威尔 |
[33:03] | Yes, put it through. | 好 转接过来吧 |
[33:05] | – Um, excuse me. – Sure. | -失陪 -没事 |
[33:12] | Go ahead. | 说吧 |
[33:27] | Damn! Nothing. | 可恶 什么都听不到 |
[33:29] | The fog of war. | 这是战争迷雾 |
[33:31] | A back room within a back room. | 密室里的密室 |
[33:33] | Whatever’s being plotted in there, | 不管他在里面搞什么阴谋 |
[33:34] | I can tell you it’s no good for me. | 肯定对我不利 |
[33:37] | You know, it’s at times like these I wish I was Nixon, | 每到这种时候我都巴不得是尼克松 |
[33:39] | had every nook and cranny bugged. | 严密监听着每一个角落 |
[33:43] | – Mr. President? – Your colleague. | -总统先生 -你那个同事 |
[33:45] | How targeted can he get? | 他的定向性有多高 |
[33:48] | We really shouldn’t be discussing this over the phone. | 我们实在不该在电话里讨论这些事 |
[33:50] | Can he isolate a specific person? | 他能单独针对一个人吗 |
[33:54] | Technically, yes, but– | 技术上讲可以 但是 |
[33:56] | A conversation? | 一段特定的对话呢 |
[33:58] | There are catch mechanisms in the program to prevent that. | 程序中有专门防止这么做的闭锁机制 |
[34:00] | He can override, but it leaves a trail. | 他可以进行破解 但会留下痕迹 |
[34:02] | He’s still figuring out how to mask it. | 他还在研究如何掩盖痕迹 |
[34:04] | Our friend from New York. | 我们纽约来的朋友 |
[34:05] | I want to know what he’s saying right now. | 我想知道他现在正在说什么 |
[34:10] | Sir, I strongly advise against that. | 先生 我表示强烈反对 |
[34:13] | I also advise that we hang up. | 我也建议我们挂电话 |
[34:14] | All right, I’m hanging up. | 好吧 我挂了 |
[34:23] | Governor, should we head out? | 州长 我们该出去了吧 |
[34:24] | Just a moment, Mr. President. | 马上 总统先生 |
[34:28] | There’s a great deal of anticipation in Atlanta… | 目前对于亚特兰大有很大期待… |
[34:29] | Who was that? | 谁打来的 |
[34:30] | The president. He just wanted the latest delegate count. | 总统 他想知道最新的代表投票数 |
[34:32] | …and we’re minutes away from the next ballot. | …下一轮投票还有几分钟就开始了 |
[34:34] | Here’s a graphic of the last round yesterday. | 这是昨天上一轮投票的图表 |
[34:37] | Secretary Catherine Durant | 国务卿凯瑟琳·杜兰特 |
[34:38] | led the way with 22% of delegates. | 以22%的代表票数领先 |
[34:40] | Doug hates it. | 道格很不高兴 |
[34:43] | He hates what? | 他不高兴什么 |
[34:45] | That you have direct access to the president | 你可以直接接触总统 |
[34:47] | without going through him. | 不用通过他 |
[34:50] | He wants you gone. | 他希望你走人 |
[34:52] | Doug told you that? | 道格这么跟你说的 |
[34:56] | He wants me to dig something up on you. | 他要我找你的把柄 |
[34:59] | I haven’t found anything yet. | 我还没找到 |
[35:01] | And you won’t, because there isn’t anything. | 你不会找到的 因为我没有把柄 |
[35:04] | I know. Otherwise, I would’ve found it by now. | 我知道 否则我现在已经找到了 |
[35:09] | Why are you telling me this? | 你为什么要跟我说这个 |
[35:10] | Because either you’re gone or I am, if I don’t deliver. | 因为如果不是你走 我做不到 我就得走 |
[35:16] | Unless you give me something. | 除非你给我点什么 |
[35:17] | …First Lady Claire Underwood, | 第一夫人克莱尔·安德伍德 |
[35:18] | a surprising fifth place show… | 惊人地出现在第五位 |
[35:20] | It can be small. Nothing too damaging. | 可以是个小把柄 没什么大危害的 |
[35:24] | Just so I have something to show him. | 只要让我有东西给他看 |
[35:25] | In my 30 years of covering presidential politics, | 在我报道总统选举的三十年职业生涯中 |
[35:27] | I’ve never seen anything like it. | 从未见过这样的事 |
[35:32] | Sorry about that. | 不好意思 |
[35:33] | That’s all right. | 没关系 |
[35:35] | Shall we go out? The next ballot is about to start. | 我们出去吧 下轮投票马上要开始了 |
[35:38] | You want to watch it together? | 你想一起看吗 |
[35:40] | It might look better, the longer we’re in here. | 我们在这里待得越久 看起来越好 |
[35:43] | Like we grappled with the future of America. | 就像我们为美国的未来搏斗了一番似的 |
[35:46] | Unless you’d rather be out there with the masses. | 除非你想出去跟群众在一起 |
[35:49] | Oh, Christ. The masses. | 天呐 群众们 |
[35:51] | – I feel the same way. – We will now commence | -我也是这么觉得 -我们现在开始 |
[35:53] | the third ballot | 为我们党 |
[35:55] | for the nomination of our party’s vice presidential candidate. | 副总统候选人提名进行第三轮投票 |
[35:59] | We will start with Alabama. | 我们从阿拉巴马州开始 |
[36:02] | Madam Secretary, | 秘书长女士 |
[36:03] | the great state of Alabama, | 伟大的阿拉巴马州 |
[36:05] | for Vice President of the United States, | 在美国副总统提名投票上 |
[36:08] | casts 29 votes for Secretary Catherine Durant, | 将29票投给国务卿凯瑟琳·杜兰特 |
[36:11] | 26 votes for the First Lady Claire Underwood, | 26票投给第一夫人克莱尔·安德伍德 |
[36:15] | and our three remaining votes for the Mayor of Mobile, | 剩下的三票投给莫比尔市长 |
[36:18] | Alabama’s own Jane Winthrop. | 阿拉巴马州的简·温斯洛普 |
[36:20] | Roll Tide! | 红潮[阿拉巴马球队]威猛 |
[36:22] | Alaska, you’re next. | 阿拉斯加州 接下来是你们 |
[36:24] | Eight votes for Secretary of State Durant, | 八票投给国务卿杜兰特 |
[36:27] | six votes for Senator Joseph Baker, | 六票投给约瑟夫·贝克参议员 |
[36:30] | four votes for First Lady Claire Underwood. | 四票投给第一夫人克莱尔·安德伍德 |
[36:33] | California, | 加利福尼亚州 |
[36:35] | you have 476 votes. | 你们有476票 |
[36:40] | Two hundred and thirty-three for Catherine Durant, | 233票投给凯瑟琳·杜兰特 |
[36:43] | 152 for Joseph Baker, | 152票投给约瑟夫·贝克 |
[36:46] | 91 for Claire Underwood. | 91票投给克莱尔·安德伍德 |
[36:48] | That’s huge for the First Lady. | 那对第一夫人是极大的支持 |
[36:50] | That puts her in third, and she’s closing in on second. | 让她上升到第三位 并逼近第二位 |
[36:54] | Delaware. | 特拉华州 |
[36:55] | Twelve for Durant, | 12票给杜兰特 |
[36:57] | 11 for Claire Underwood, | 11票给克莱尔·安德伍德 |
[37:00] | four for Baker. | 4票给贝克 |
[37:01] | Hawaii, you’re next. | 夏威夷州 接下来是你们 |
[37:04] | Seventeen for the First Lady, | 17票投给第一夫人 |
[37:06] | and 14 for Secretary of State Catherine Durant. | 14票投给国务卿凯瑟琳·杜兰特 |
[37:11] | She’s got a real shot. | 她真的有机会 |
[37:13] | Unbelievable! | 难以置信 |
[37:15] | Well, not so unbelievable. | 也没有那么难以置信 |
[37:18] | Forty-four votes for Catherine Durant, | 44票投给凯瑟琳·杜兰特 |
[37:21] | 35 votes for Claire Underwood. | 35票投给克莱尔·安德伍德 |
[37:24] | Louisiana, | 路易斯安那州 |
[37:26] | you have 61 votes. | 你们有61票 |
[37:28] | How do you cast them? | 你们怎么投 |
[37:30] | Madam Secretary… | 秘书长女士 |
[37:32] | Louisiana casts its 61 votes for President of the United States | 路易斯安那州把61票投给国务卿凯瑟琳·杜兰特 |
[37:37] | to Secretary of State Catherine Durant. | 竞选美国总统 |
[37:42] | Louisiana, I assume you mean vice president. | 路易斯安那州 你想说的是副总统吧 |
[37:46] | I mean president. | 我说的就是总统 |
[37:48] | Madam Secretary, the state of Louisiana | 秘书长女士 路易斯安那州 |
[37:51] | believes this convention should be open | 认为这次大会应该向 |
[37:53] | for all parts of the ticket, including president. | 所有位置开放 包括总统 |
[38:00] | Louisiana! | 路易斯安那州 |
[38:04] | Louisiana! | 路易斯安那州 |
[38:05] | As the convention agreed to yesterday morning, | 正如大会昨天上午达成的共识 |
[38:09] | we are taking vice presidential nominations first, | 我们会先选出副总统候选人 |
[38:14] | in order for that process to take place over the full convention. | 以在整个大会上进行那一程序 |
[38:19] | We have one candidate for president. | 我们只有一位总统候选人 |
[38:23] | Any further discussion on that balloting | 任何关于该项投票的讨论 |
[38:27] | will be taken up after the vice presidential nomination process | 将放在副总统提名程序 |
[38:31] | is complete. | 完成之后 |
[38:33] | If you do not cast your votes, you will forfeit them. | 如果你不把票投出去的话 视为弃权 |
[38:38] | Madam Secretary, we, Louisiana, | 秘书长女士 我们路易斯安那州 |
[38:42] | cast our 61 votes for vice president, | 把副总统提名的61票 |
[38:46] | also for Catherine Durant. | 还是投给凯瑟琳·杜兰特 |
[38:52] | Louisiana. | 路易斯安那州 |
[38:54] | I work for the man. I’m on his cabinet. | 我在他手下干 是他的内阁成员 |
[38:57] | Would you run against him if his nomination were in play? | 如果总统提名公开竞选 你会同他竞争吗 |
[38:59] | My goal is to run with the president, not against him. | 我的目标是和总统一起参选 而非互相竞争 |
[39:02] | Look, I love my home state of Louisiana, | 听着 我爱我的家乡 路易斯安那 |
[39:04] | – but they’re a live bunch… – She’d do a good job. | -但他们太热情 -她会胜任的 |
[39:06] | She’s a much better Secretary of State, though. | 不过她做国务卿会更出色 |
[39:07] | I’m confident this will all work itself out. | 我相信事情最终会得到解决的 |
[39:09] | I’ve considered keeping her on after you lose. | 我考虑过你败选之后保留她的位置 |
[39:11] | Have you spoken to President Underwood about their defection? | 你有没有就他们的倒戈与安德伍德总统沟通过 |
[39:13] | Not yet, but I’ll be speaking with him shortly, I imagine. | 还没有 但我想我很快就会与他谈话的 |
[39:17] | Hey, this is part of what a… | 不过大会的意义… |
[39:18] | – Your call. – …convention is all about. | -你那通电话 -就在于此 |
[39:21] | I wish I could take credit, but… but she called me. | 我也想能居功 但是她找的我 |
[39:25] | Then again, when opportunity strikes… | 不过说回来 当机会到来的时候 |
[39:27] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[39:30] | Definitely not the way to win with dignity. | 这绝对不算赢得有尊严 |
[39:32] | …Durant commenting on her home state of Louisiana. | 杜兰特就她的家乡路易斯安那发表评论 |
[39:34] | If you win at all. | 如果你能赢的话 |
[39:38] | We should get back out there. | 我们该出去了 |
[39:40] | You’ve got a nomination to fight for. | 你还得争取提名呢 |
[39:47] | The president and I, we had a great talk. | 总统和我的谈话非常顺利 |
[39:49] | We, uh, even watched the vote together. | 我们甚至还一起观看了投票 |
[39:51] | But I’m sure you’d rather hear from him on that than me. | 但是我想你们肯定更想听他怎么说 |
[39:53] | Well, thank you, Governor. | 谢谢 州长 |
[39:55] | Today has certainly been full of surprises, hasn’t it? | 今天还真是充满意外 不是吗 |
[39:59] | But, then again, | 但是话说回来 |
[40:00] | Louisiana is the state that gave us Huey Long after all. | 毕竟休伊·朗就来自路易斯安那州 |
[40:00] | 该州前州长 政绩出色 竞选总统时遇刺 | |
[40:04] | As much as I would like to discuss this, | 虽然我很想讨论这个话题 |
[40:05] | I have to get on with the business | 但是我必须着手开始处理 |
[40:07] | that the governor and I have just discussed, | 州长和我刚刚探讨的那些问题 |
[40:08] | because the business of the presidency trumps running for it. | 因为当总统比竞选总统重要得多 |
[40:12] | – Thank you, Governor. – Thank you, Mr. President. | -谢谢 州长 -谢谢 总统先生 |
[40:14] | Thank you all very much. | 非常感谢各位 |
[40:16] | I’m happy to answer… | 我很愿意回答 |
[40:17] | I want Cathy in my room, now. | 马上把凯茜叫到我房间 |
[40:19] | I already called her. She refuses to meet. | 我已经给她打过电话了 她拒绝会面 |
[40:21] | – She what? – That’s what she said, | -她什么 -她就是这么说的 |
[40:22] | and then she hung up. | 然后她就把电话挂了 |
[40:23] | Her staff won’t return my calls either. | 她的手下也不回我电话 |
[40:33] | For this to work, you have to go back to Washington. | 这事想办成 你必须回华盛顿去 |
[40:36] | I can’t leave while you’re dealing with this. | 我不能抛下你一个人处理这件事 |
[40:37] | If you stay, it will look like you’re taking advantage | 如果你留下的话 大家会觉得你在从中渔利 |
[40:40] | and campaigning for it. | 并且真的在参选 |
[40:41] | And the key is to make it look like you’re not. | 而这件事的关键就在于让人觉得你没这意思 |
[40:44] | I’ll speak with Cathy. | 我会找凯茜谈的 |
[40:45] | No, look, I’ve got that covered. | 不用 我已经在处理了 |
[40:46] | Question is, how we justify your going. | 问题是我们怎么解释你的离开 |
[40:53] | It’s not Washington. | 不去华盛顿 |
[40:55] | It should be Texas. | 应该去德州 |
[40:58] | – Your mother. – It worked before. | -你母亲 -上次就好使 |
[41:02] | I’ll leave first thing in the morning. | 我明天一早就走 |
[41:05] | Take Tom with you. | 带上汤姆一起 |
[41:06] | – Tom? – Oh, he already knows. | -汤姆 -他已经知道了 |
[41:08] | – Did you tell him? – He put it together. | -你告诉他了吗 -他自己猜出来了 |
[41:12] | He said, if you win this thing… | 他说 如果你能赢下来的话 |
[41:14] | you have to give the speech of a lifetime, and he’s right. | 你必须做一次空前绝后的讲话 他说得对 |
[41:18] | Whatever you say in that convention hall | 不管你在大会堂里说什么 |
[41:21] | will lay the groundwork for how we sell this | 都会给我们把你推向全国 |
[41:23] | to the rest of the country. | 打下基础 |
[41:27] | And that is why we brought him back, right? | 而这就是我们叫他回来的原因 对吧 |
[41:55] | You can sleep like that? Sitting up? | 你能坐着就睡着吗 |
[41:57] | I can sleep anywhere. | 我在哪都能睡着 |
[41:59] | I’m lucky like that. | 真挺有福的 |
[42:05] | We have work to do. | 我们有活儿要干 |
[42:07] | All right, let’s work. | 好吧 那就干活儿 |
[42:14] | This could be better. | 这段得改 |
[42:18] | Read it for me. Out loud. | 对着我大声读出来 |
[42:24] | I’ve been my husband’s partner in marriage for 29 years. | 我在婚姻中做我丈夫的搭档已有29年 |
[42:27] | No. | 不行 |
[42:29] | Slower. | 慢点 |
[42:30] | Like you’re going to say it at the convention. | 就像你在大会上讲话那样 |
[42:36] | I’ve been my husband’s partner in marriage for 29 years. | 我在婚姻中做我丈夫的搭档已有29年 |
[42:40] | Now, it’s time for me to be…” | 现在 到了我 |
[42:47] | So I can see your face. | 这样我能看到你的脸 |
[42:57] | I’ve been my husband’s partner in marriage for 29 years. | 我在婚姻中做我丈夫的搭档已有29年 |
[43:02] | Now, it’s time for me to be his | 现在到了我在接下来的4年中 |
[43:03] | partner in the White House for the next four. | 进入白宫 继续做他的搭档的时候了 |
[43:08] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[43:10] | We can do better. | 是得改 |
[43:15] | 美国现有的总统选举 尤其是党内初选制度 是经过漫长的演化才最终形成的 初选选举 选民所选出的并不是总统候选人 而是代表本州参加党代会的代表 所以初选结果计算的并不是候选人获得的选民票数 而是其赢得的州代表数 也就是”选举人票” 这些代表在参加党代会时 再投票决定本党的提名人 | |
[43:30] | 19世纪时 各州党内初选结果只是作为一种民意的评测 直到20世纪初 一些州才陆续规定将选举结果同最终的提名挂钩 20世纪60年代之前 民主党 共和党两党挑选提名人时 很大程度上依赖于党代会召开期间 党内大佬和候选人之间的私下谈判和政治交易 1968年 民主党候选人亨福瑞虽然没有赢得任何一个州的初选 但仍靠党代会上的交易成为了民主党提名人 68年后 民主党决定改革初选制度 使各州的初选结果成为决定提名人的主要途径 共和党随后也对党内初选制度做出了相应的改革 | |
[43:50] | 无论改革前还是改革后 两党都要求总统候选人必须获得至少过半的选举人票 若多名候选人参选 而没有任何一个获得过半的选举人票 党代会便成为了”开放党代会” 各州代表需要在党代会上进行一轮轮投票 直到某个候选人得到多数票为止 1924年的民主党党代会上 选民代表经过102轮投票才选出最终的提名人 上一次出现需要代表在党代会上 反复投票决定提名人的情况是1952年 | |
[44:05] | 正在紧张进行的2016年大选中 共和党阵营群雄争霸 目前虽然地产大亨特朗普在选票上领先 但其他几名候选人仍然十分具有竞争力 而且由于特朗普言行颇受争议 许多共和党内部人士认为 如果不能在选票上打败特朗普 就要寄望于”开放党代会” 通过州代表投票把特朗普选下来 |