时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Hot in Cleveland is recorded in front of a live studio audience. | 《燃情克利夫兰》是在摄影棚观众前现场录制的 |
[00:04] | What a tremendous honor. | 实在太荣幸了 |
[00:06] | Well, of course I’ll be there. | 我当然会到场 |
[00:09] | I have a major announcement. | 我要宣布一件大事 |
[00:11] | My sister Bess just told me Canoga Falls | 我妹妹贝丝刚刚告诉我卡诺加瀑布镇 |
[00:13] | is naming the town square after me. | 要用我的名字来命名小镇广场 |
[00:15] | – Wow, that’s great. – Congratulations. | -太棒了 -恭喜 |
[00:17] | Did Canoga Falls lose a bet or something? | 卡诺加瀑布镇这是跟人打赌输了吗 |
[00:22] | No. | 不是 |
[00:23] | It is my hometown in upstate new york. | 是我的家乡 在纽约州的北部 |
[00:26] | An idyllic little hamlet | 是个充满田园风光的小村庄 |
[00:27] | Where the kids play in the street | 那里的孩子们在街上嬉耍 |
[00:29] | And the grocer calls all the customers by name. | 杂货店老板认识每一位顾客 |
[00:31] | Can I come to the ceremony? | 我能去参加庆典吗 |
[00:32] | Please. | 必须的 |
[00:33] | Otherwise, I won’t know a soul there. | 要不然我在那就一个熟脸也见不着了 |
[00:36] | I wanna come too. Alec’s out of town. | 我也想去 因为阿莱克不在家 |
[00:38] | And I’ve already snooped through all his stuff. | 我把他的东西都搜了个遍 |
[00:40] | Gone through the browsing history on all his computers. | 包括电脑的浏览历史记录 |
[00:42] | Found his porn stash. Nothing freaky. | 发现了他的成人片 没什么太变态的内容 |
[00:44] | No, just the normal stuff. | 只是些普通成人片 |
[00:46] | Little heavy on the threesomes for my taste. | 对我来说3P有点重口味 |
[00:47] | But I deleted it all, so my weekend’s free. | 然后我全删了 所以这周末闲得很 |
[00:50] | We also would’ve accepted, “Alec’s out of town.” | 一句”阿莱克不在家” 理由就很充分了 |
[00:57] | When was the last time you visited your mother? | 你上次回家看你妈妈是什么时候 |
[00:58] | Oh, I try to visit every year. | 我每年都想找机会回去 |
[01:01] | I’ve failed for the last 12. | 但过去12年一直没找到 |
[01:04] | Are you coming, elka? | 你去吗 爱尔卡 |
[01:05] | Go to new york to see a show? | 去纽约看场好戏 |
[01:07] | I wouldn’t Miss it for the world. | 我绝对不会错过的 |
[01:09] | Nobody said anything about a show. | 没人说要去百老汇看戏 |
[01:11] | Victoria’s family? It’s gotta be a show. | 去维多利亚家 那肯定有场好戏 |
[01:15] | Well, you’re not entirely wrong, | 你这样说也有道理 |
[01:17] | And my mother was a bit of a local celebrity. | 我妈妈在当地算是小有名气 |
[01:19] | She had a television show called Miss Penny’s Puppets. | 她有档节目叫《佩妮小姐的木偶》 |
[01:21] | Oh, that sounds fun. | 听起来不错 |
[01:23] | My mom treated those puppets like they were real. | 我妈妈把那些木偶当真人对待 |
[01:25] | Glamourpuss the bird and Budge the bee | 迷人小鸟和蜜蜂巴吉 |
[01:27] | delivered all the difficult news in our family. | 负责将难以启齿的家事传递给我们的家庭成员 |
[01:31] | They told me when my mom and dad were getting divorced. | 我爸妈准备离婚的事是它们告诉我的 |
[01:33] | They taught me about sex. | 性教育也是它们传授的 |
[01:35] | Wait, so you literally learned about the birds and the bees | 等等 所以你真的是跟着小鸟和蜜蜂学的 |
[01:38] | from a bird and a bee? | 男人的大”鸟”和女人的”蜜”洞 |
[01:42] | And your sister still lives there? | 你妹妹还生活在那里吗 |
[01:43] | Yeah, Bess never left Canoga Falls. | 是的 贝丝从没离开过卡诺加瀑布镇 |
[01:46] | She never married. She never did much. | 她没结过婚 她从不追求什么 |
[01:48] | No, she mostly hangs out with my mom. | 她基本上和我妈绑在一起生活 |
[01:51] | There’s a sad picture. | 真是可悲 |
[01:52] | An unmarried, middle-aged woman | 一个中年单身女人 |
[01:54] | hanging out with an older woman all day. | 每天和一个老太婆一起生活 |
[02:02] | Go on. | 你继续 |
[02:04] | This is gonna be wonderful for my mom to see me being honored. | 等我妈看到小镇以此向我致敬 一定会很开心的 |
[02:09] | You know, because we were both in show business, | 要知道 因为我们都是演艺圈的人 |
[02:10] | I’ve always been her favorite. | 她总是对我偏爱些 |
[02:12] | How’d your sister feel about that? | 你妹妹对此怎么想 |
[02:14] | Huh, well, I never really thought about it. | 我还从没想过这事 |
[02:16] | But I’m sure it was exciting for her. | 但我敢说她肯定也很激动 |
[02:20] | This is gonna be a good show. | 等不及看这场好戏了 |
[02:34] | You know, there’s something different about you, Bess. | 你看起来似乎有些不一样了 贝丝 |
[02:36] | I guess that you must be very excited about them | 我猜你肯定特别激动吧 |
[02:39] | dedicating our beautiful, beloved town square to me. | 我们漂亮的小镇广场 是以我命名的 |
[02:42] | Yeah, about that. | 好吧 关于这事嘛 |
[02:44] | I made the whole thing up. | 都是我忽悠出来的 |
[02:46] | What? | 什么 |
[02:47] | I brought you here cause of mom. | 我只是想叫你回去看看妈 |
[02:49] | She’s getting a little wacky lately. | 她最近变得有些古怪 |
[02:51] | What do you mean “Getting wacky?” | 你说的”变得古怪”指什么 |
[02:54] | Our family portrait had sock puppets in it. | 我们家全家福照片里有袜子木偶 |
[02:57] | It’s not just the puppets anymore. | 现在不只是木偶的问题了 |
[02:59] | She’s starting to forget stuff. | 她开始遗忘一些事情 |
[03:01] | She won’t throw anything out. | 她不肯扔掉任何东西 |
[03:04] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[03:05] | Bess, you’re so much better at handling mom than I am. | 贝丝 你远比我会应付妈妈 |
[03:08] | Oh, no, no, I’m not falling for that anymore. | 不 不 你这招现在不灵了 |
[03:11] | She used to get out of cleaning the kitchen | 她以前为了逃避洗碗 |
[03:13] | by saying, “You are the most amazing dishwasher.” | 总骗我说 “你是最棒的洗碗能手” |
[03:16] | She does the same thing to me. | 她也用这招对付我 |
[03:19] | And you are both incredible dishwashers. | 你们都是了不起的洗碗能手 |
[03:23] | Well, I am tired of being the responsible one. | 我已经厌倦了当家里负责任的那个孩子 |
[03:26] | – It’s your turn. – This is outrageous. | -轮到你上了 -太离谱了吧 |
[03:29] | I mean, how could you trick me into doing something like this? | 你怎么能用这种方式骗我过来 |
[03:32] | Would you have come if I had said, “It’s your turn to take care of mom?” | 我直接说”该你来照顾妈了” 你会回来吗 |
[03:34] | Of course… | 当然了 |
[03:36] | is what I’d like to say. | 我倒是想这么回答 |
[03:39] | There’s your answer. | 不言自明了吧 |
[03:40] | I like this one. | 我喜欢这妹子 |
[03:50] | Oh, my god. | 天呐 |
[03:52] | I won’t have to watch Hoarders this week. | 我这周不用追《贮藏狂》了 |
[03:57] | Look at all these old magazines. | 瞧这些旧杂志 |
[03:59] | “Preparing for y2k: what you need to do right now.” | “应对千年虫 什么是你现在要做的” |
[04:04] | “Mel Gibson: Does he ever make a wrong move?” | “梅尔·吉布森 他有出过烂片吗” |
[04:09] | Hey, ma! | 嘿 妈 |
[04:11] | Victoria is here. | 维多利亚回来了 |
[04:13] | Hi, y’all! | 大家好 |
[04:15] | I’m not mom. | 我不是妈妈 |
[04:16] | I am Glamourpuss. | 我是迷人小鸟 |
[04:19] | Why don’t you all wait right there | 你们先等会儿 |
[04:20] | while I go fetch Miss Penny. | 等我把佩妮女士找来 |
[04:23] | Oh, Miss Penny! | 喂 佩妮女士 |
[04:25] | Oh, Miss Penny! | 佩妮女士 |
[04:27] | I’m right here. | 我就在这里呢 |
[04:35] | Hi, mom. | 你好 妈妈 |
[04:36] | Victoria? | 维多利亚 |
[04:38] | Oh, Victoria. | 维多利亚 |
[04:40] | Oh, what a wonderful surprise. | 真是太惊喜了 |
[04:43] | Let me look at you. | 让我好好看看你 |
[04:45] | You look absolutely wonderful. | 你真是光彩照人啊 |
[04:47] | Oh, maybe she ought to give her sister some beauty tips. | 或许她该教教她妹妹如何打扮 |
[04:52] | So is this your entourage? | 这些是你的同伴吗 |
[04:54] | Yes, yes. | 是的 是的 |
[04:54] | That’s Joy, Elka, and Melanie. | 那是乔依 爱尔卡和梅兰妮 |
[04:56] | – Hello. – Oh, my God, that hand. | -你好 -天呐 这手 |
[05:01] | It’s gigantic. | 真是巨大无比 |
[05:04] | I wouldn’t want that sucker inside of me. | 我可不想让那大爪子伸进来 |
[05:09] | Hide your hand. You’re scaring the puppet. | 快把你的手藏起来 你都吓着布偶了 |
[05:14] | I have a puppet in my bedroom, | 我卧室里有个布偶 |
[05:15] | you just have to try on. | 你们一定要试试 |
[05:18] | I don’t know what you’re worried about. | 我不知道你在担心什么 |
[05:20] | I mean, yeah, the place is a little cluttered, | 我是说 这地方是乱七八糟的 |
[05:21] | but mom is fine. | 不过妈妈好好的呀 |
[05:24] | Victoria! | 维多利亚 |
[05:26] | When did you get here? | 你什么时候来的 |
[05:27] | It’s a wonderful surprise. | 真是太惊喜了 |
[05:30] | Oh, and this your entourage? | 这是些是你的同伴吗 |
[05:32] | Well, the good news is | 好消息是 |
[05:34] | she’ll probably forget about your hands. | 你那大爪子她八成是忘了 |
[05:42] | Wow, Victoria, your room is | 维多利亚 你的房间 |
[05:43] | like a time capsule from 30 years ago. | 30年前的时间囊 |
[05:45] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[05:46] | Like me, it has not aged. | 就像我一样 未曾衰老半分 |
[05:50] | This trip certainly wasn’t what you expected. | 显然这次来和你预想的不一样 |
[05:52] | What are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么办 |
[05:54] | Well, I suppose I could call the mayor | 我想我可以打电话给镇长 |
[05:57] | and see about renaming the town square. | 看重命名小镇广场的事可行与否 |
[06:01] | I meant about your mother. | 我是说你母亲的事 |
[06:02] | Your sister is obviously concerned. | 你妹妹显然很担心 |
[06:04] | Bess worries too much. | 贝丝老是瞎操心 |
[06:06] | I mean, sure, maybe my mother’s getting a little forgetful | 可能我妈是有点健忘 |
[06:09] | and starting to collect things, but big deal. | 开始收集物品 这算不上什么大事 |
[06:11] | A couple of trips to the goodwill and the dump, | 捐些给慈善机构 再扔掉一些 |
[06:14] | and everything will be fine. | 就什么事都没有了 |
[06:15] | And, Melanie, you are an awesome organizer. | 梅兰妮 你收拾东西很有一套 |
[06:19] | I am, aren’t I? | 的确如此 不是吗 |
[06:21] | – I’ll help. – Great. | -我来帮忙 -太好了 |
[06:22] | – Elka? – Sure. | -爱尔卡呢 -没问题 |
[06:24] | I’m 91. I’ll move the piano. | 我都91岁了 我来搬钢琴 |
[06:28] | No. You speak old. | 不 你了解老人 |
[06:31] | Now, I need you to try to convince my mother | 我需要你尝试说服我妈 |
[06:33] | that she doesn’t need all that stuff. | 她不需要那些东西 |
[06:35] | Said by the woman with a guest room full of shoes. | 拥有一房间鞋子的女人也有脸说这话 |
[06:39] | For your information, | 告诉你一声 |
[06:40] | that room is called a “Shoe-seum.” | 那房间叫「博鞋馆」 |
[06:45] | And her mother’s the crazy one. | 就这样还说她妈脑子有问题 |
[06:50] | Mystery date game! | 神秘约会游戏 |
[06:52] | Bitchin’! | 好赞哦 |
[06:54] | I haven’t played this in forever, | 我好久没有玩过这游戏了 |
[06:57] | probably about the last time I said “Bitchin’.” | 大概跟我没再说过”好赞哦”的年头差不多 |
[06:59] | Look at all these old clothes. | 瞧瞧这些旧衣服 |
[07:01] | Macrame vests, go-go boots, | 流苏花边背心 摇摆靴 |
[07:04] | Tube tops. | 抹胸 |
[07:07] | Tube tops. | 抹胸啊 |
[07:08] | I had a back brace and “Backne” in high school. | 我高中时穿背背佳 背后还长粉刺 |
[07:11] | So, you know… | 所以 你懂的 |
[07:12] | You couldn’t wear tube tops? | 你不能穿抹胸 |
[07:14] | No, not couldn’t. Shouldn’t have. | 不 不是不能 是不该穿的 |
[07:18] | First yearbook photo to be rejected. | 史上第一张被拒收的年鉴照片 |
[07:19] | “Too disturbing.” | 理由是”看着太闹心” |
[07:25] | You can’t throw out all my treasures. | 你不能把我所有的宝贝都扔了 |
[07:27] | All right, we can’t afford to be sentimental. | 好了 我们没这个精力多愁善感 |
[07:29] | If you wanna get rid of stuff, | 如果你要清理东西 |
[07:30] | you have to get brutal, | 就得狠得下心 |
[07:32] | including this thing. | 包括这玩意儿 |
[07:34] | Oh, no. No, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 不可以 |
[07:36] | Those are your father’s ashes. | 那是你父亲的灰 |
[07:37] | Dad died? | 爸爸死了吗 |
[07:43] | No, those are his cigar ashes. | 不是 那是他的烟灰 |
[07:47] | When he left, I emptied all his ashtrays, | 他离开后 我把他的烟灰缸都清空收集起来了 |
[07:49] | and the smell reminds me of him. | 这股味会让我想起他 |
[07:51] | Now, this is exactly what I was talking about. | 我就是这个意思啊 该扔的都得扔 |
[07:55] | Oh, daddy. | 老爸 |
[07:58] | Oh, you’re right. | 你说得没错 |
[07:59] | It’s like he’s right here complaining about the Canadians. | 就好像他正在这抱怨加拿大人 |
[08:04] | “We’re guarding the wrong border!” | “他们守错国境了” |
[08:09] | Well, this hideous thing could go. | 这破烂玩意儿可以扔了 |
[08:12] | This looks like something that you’d regift | 看着就像是会转送给 |
[08:14] | to someone you don’t like. | 你不喜欢的人的东西 |
[08:16] | You gave it to me. | 那是你给我的 |
[08:19] | And you gave it to me. | 然后你给我了 |
[08:23] | Let’s go get some garbage b–uh– | 我们去拿些垃圾 |
[08:26] | treasure bags. | 宝物袋吧 |
[08:46] | What? | 怎么了 |
[08:49] | I know crazy. | 我知道疯子啥样 |
[08:50] | I live with crazy. | 我就跟一帮疯子住一起 |
[08:53] | And you’re not crazy. What’s the scam? | 你没疯 这耍的什么把戏 |
[08:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:00] | I figured that if I could trick Bess | 我寻思着 要是能骗到贝丝 |
[09:03] | into thinking I was crazy, | 让她以为我疯了 |
[09:04] | she could trick Victoria into coming to visit. | 她就能把维多利亚骗回来探望我 |
[09:07] | And it worked. | 这办法还真成功了 |
[09:08] | Well, now, she’s here. Now what? | 现在她来了 然后呢 |
[09:10] | I haven’t thought that through. | 我还没想好 |
[09:14] | You really are Victoria’s mother. | 你还真是维多利亚的亲娘 |
[09:17] | Well, now, I’ve gotta figure out a way | 现在我得想个法子 |
[09:19] | to get her to stay more than just one night. | 让她在这多住些日子 |
[09:24] | Can I trust you with my secret? | 你能帮我保守秘密吗 |
[09:26] | Absolutely. | 当然可以 |
[09:28] | In fact, I think we should have some fun. | 事实上 我觉得我们该找点乐子 |
[09:34] | – What? – Dial up the crazy. | -什么 -将疯劲儿加倍 |
[09:43] | Oh, no. I got the dud. | 哎呀 我转到了衰哥 |
[09:49] | The dud is the cutest one. | 衰哥最可爱了 |
[09:50] | I always wanted him. I knew I could fix him. | 我老想转到他 我知道自己定能把他改造好 |
[09:53] | Oh, dear. That was revealing. | 天呐 突然间明白了什么 |
[09:57] | ♪Buffalo girls, won’t you come out tonight♪ | ♪布法罗的姑娘 今夜你会不会来♪ |
[09:59] | Is that singing? | 有人在唱歌吗 |
[10:01] | ♪Buffalo girls, won’t you come out tonight♪ | ♪布法罗的姑娘 今夜你会不会来♪ |
[10:03] | And dance by the light | “在那月光之下” |
[10:07] | ♪Of the moon♪ | ♪翩翩起舞♪ |
[10:13] | Oh, girls! Elka is absolutely wonderful. | 姑娘们 爱尔卡真是太棒了 |
[10:17] | Oh, elka, would you be on my tv show? | 爱尔卡 你愿意上我的电视节目吗 |
[10:19] | Oh, I’d be delighted. | 天呐 非常荣幸 |
[10:21] | Aw, mom, they stopped shooting your show 20 years ago. | 妈妈 那个节目都已经停播20年了 |
[10:24] | Oh, will you stop it? | 能别这样吗 |
[10:26] | You sound just like that security guard over in channel four. | 你这口气就跟四频道那个保安一模一样 |
[10:31] | Oh, look. | 快看 |
[10:33] | It’s john lennon and yoko ono. | 是约翰·列侬和小野洋子 |
[10:39] | Okay, so maybe we have a little problem. | 好吧 看来老妈这病的确不轻 |
[10:44] | Ah, bess is right. | 贝丝说得没错 |
[10:45] | It’s not just the messy house. | 不仅仅是房子一团乱 |
[10:47] | Mom’s mind is going, and she needs help. | 我妈的脑子也秀逗了 她需要去看医生 |
[10:49] | It’s just– I’m not good at this. | 只是 我并不擅长啊 |
[10:51] | It’s hard. | 的确难啊 |
[10:52] | I mean, we’re at an age where | 到了我们这个年纪 |
[10:54] | our parents need to be parented. | 父母也都到了需要我们照顾的时候了 |
[10:56] | I just thank my lucky stars | 那我必须谢谢我的幸运星了 |
[10:57] | My mother still smokes like a chimney. | 我妈现在烟瘾依然很大 |
[10:59] | Her lungs will go long before her brain does. | 肺报销之前 暂时不用担心她的脑子 |
[11:03] | Well, my parents signed up for assisted living. | 我的父母答应加入”辅助生存”计划 |
[11:04] | Assisted living? | 辅助生存 |
[11:06] | What, they agreed to | 他们竟然同意 |
[11:06] | be hooked up to machines for the rest of their lives? | 余生都连在机器上生活吗 |
[11:16] | Not life support. Assisted living. | 不是维生机器 是辅助生存 |
[11:18] | They’re fancy retirement communities. | 就是那些高档的退休社区 |
[11:21] | So you’re saying just throw money at the problem? | 你这意思就是说 砸钱就能平事儿吗 |
[11:23] | I would never do that– | 我绝对不会… |
[11:24] | No, no, I love it. Problem solved. | 没事 我喜欢这办法 问题解决了 |
[11:27] | Uh, elka’s going to the liquor store. | 爱尔卡准备去酒水店 |
[11:29] | She says this house is “Criminally under-vodka’d.” | 她说这房子 “罪孽深重 需用酒刑” |
[11:35] | And do you guys need anything? | 你们还需要点什么吗 |
[11:36] | No, no thanks. | 不用 谢谢 |
[11:38] | Bess, I’m ready to talk about mom. | 贝丝 我准备好谈谈妈妈的事了 |
[11:39] | Oh, we’ll give you your privacy. | 你们私聊 我们回避 |
[11:42] | Hey, can we take the easy bake oven? | 我们能拿上这个简易烤炉吗 |
[11:44] | Oh, you do know there’s a real oven in the kitchen? | 你知道厨房里有个真烤炉的吧 |
[11:48] | Yeah, but if it doesn’t have a light bulb in it, | 知道 但如果里面没个灯泡的话 |
[11:49] | We don’t know how to make it work. | 我们还真就不知道该怎么办了 |
[11:55] | I’ve solved it. | 我已经解决了 |
[11:58] | Okay. | 听着 |
[11:59] | I’m gonna set mom up in assisted living here in canoga falls. | 我要让妈妈在卡诺加瀑布镇加入”辅助生存”计划 |
[12:02] | And–and I’ll pay for everything. | 全部的花费由我承担 |
[12:04] | And, that way, you can still look in on her every day, | 这样一来 你也可以时常去探望下 |
[12:06] | but you don’t have to deal with all the hoarding. | 但却可以不用亲自打理那么多贮藏物品 |
[12:08] | And it’s a win-win. | 这是双赢啊 |
[12:09] | No, uh, that’s a great idea. | 的确 这想法不错 |
[12:11] | Um, there’s just one little hiccup. | 就一个地方有些问题 |
[12:14] | I won’t actually be here. | 我不会继续生活在这里 |
[12:17] | Um, do you remember cute hank dawson from high school? | 你还记得高中时那个可爱的汉克·道森吗 |
[12:20] | The guy with the lazy eye? | 就是「懒惰眼」那个 |
[12:22] | Well, yeah, he got that fixed. | 是的 但眼睛已经治好了 |
[12:24] | But, um, yeah, we found each other on the internet, | 我们后来在网上重逢了 |
[12:27] | And we– we really hit it off. | 然后 我们情投意合 |
[12:28] | Oh, well, great! | 那太好了 |
[12:29] | So now, you can spend more time with him. | 那你可以花时间多陪陪他了 |
[12:31] | Well, yeah, that’s the plan, but he’s in arizona. | 我也是这么想的 不过他人在亚利桑那州 |
[12:33] | So we’re gonna buy a winnebago, | 所以我们准备买辆房车 |
[12:35] | and we’re gonna motor-home all over the country. | 然后驾驶它环游全国 |
[12:36] | Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. | 慢着 慢着 |
[12:38] | So you’re quitting everything | 所以 你是准备放弃一切 |
[12:41] | to go travel with some cross-eyed man? | 跟个斜视的人去旅行 |
[12:45] | Why didn’t you tell me that you were | 你怎么不直接告诉我你打算 |
[12:46] | doing something so desperate and ridiculous? | 做这种不顾后果 荒唐可笑的事 |
[12:49] | Gee, maybe I thought you’d say something snide. | 天啊 我不就怕你对我冷嘲热讽嘛 |
[12:51] | Oh, please. | 少来 |
[12:52] | Now, I have never been anything | 一直以来 我对你都是 |
[12:54] | but a supportive, loving sister to you, | 充满关爱 无条件支持 |
[12:57] | A chic, sophisticated role model for you to look up to. | 时髦且老练 一个让你可以敬仰的模范姐姐 |
[13:02] | You know, Victoria, | 知道吗 维多利亚 |
[13:04] | you know, I finally have a chance to get out of this house, | 我好不容易能有个机会离开这房子 |
[13:07] | and get out of this town, | 离开这个小镇 |
[13:09] | and do something fun with my life. | 利用自己的人生做点有趣的事 |
[13:12] | Okay, I-I-I understand that. | 好的 我能理解 |
[13:16] | But there’s no one to take your place. | 但是没人来取代你啊 |
[13:19] | I-I don’t know how to be the responsible one. | 我不知道怎么做个负责任的女儿 |
[13:22] | It would–it would be like switching roles halfway through a play. | 就像戏演到一半 突然让我换角色 |
[13:25] | Not everybody’s in your play. | 不是每个人都在你的戏里 |
[13:28] | I’m in my own play, | 我在我自己的戏里 |
[13:30] | And I want it to have a happy ending. | 我也想要有个美好的结局 |
[13:33] | Hey, girls! What’s the buzz? | 嘿 姑娘们 聊什么呢 |
[13:35] | Oh, god. Forgot about the puppet door. | 天呐 真受不了这玩偶幕门 |
[13:38] | It’s the reason I never had boys over. | 就因为这个 我从没请男生来过家里 |
[13:41] | Best birth control ever. | 史上绝佳的节育方式 |
[13:45] | So what are you two talking about? | 你们两个在聊什么呢 |
[13:48] | Oh, we’re just talking about bess and hank dawson. | 我们刚在聊贝丝和汉克·道森 |
[13:53] | “Lazy eye” Dawson? | 「懒惰眼」道森吗 |
[13:56] | What about him? | 他怎么了 |
[13:58] | Well, you know, we’ve–we–we’ve reconnected. | 那什么 我们又联系上了 |
[14:03] | And we’re– we’re gonna get a winnebago, | 我们… 我们打算弄辆房车 |
[14:04] | and we’re gonna travel all over the country. | 驾着它环游全国 |
[14:06] | And then, I’m gonna go to arizona | 之后 我准备搬到亚利桑那州 |
[14:08] | and live with him. | 跟他一起生活 |
[14:10] | What? | 什么 |
[14:11] | You live with me. | 你和我一起生活啊 |
[14:13] | – I know, mom. – No, no, no. | -我知道 妈妈 -不行 不行 |
[14:14] | You can’t leave me, bess. | 你不能离开我 贝丝 |
[14:16] | I-I-I’d be lost without you. | 没了你我会迷失方向 |
[14:19] | I need you. | 我需要你 |
[14:21] | You do, don’t you? | 你的确需要我 对吧 |
[14:23] | I guess I could– I could talk to hank– | 我想我可以 和汉克谈谈 |
[14:25] | Mom, no. | 老妈 不行 |
[14:27] | Bess needs to go. | 应该让贝丝去 |
[14:29] | And besides, it’s–it’s my turn to spend time with you. | 而且现在也轮到我来照顾你了 |
[14:33] | So you’re gonna come to Cleveland. | 你跟我一起去克利夫兰 |
[14:35] | And I am gonna set you up | 我会尽全力 |
[14:36] | in the best assisted living I can find. | 为你安排最好的辅助生存机构 |
[14:38] | Oh, it’s gonna be great. | 一定非常不错啦 |
[14:39] | So what do you say, mom? Huh? | 你觉得怎么样 老妈 |
[14:45] | So she agreed to move to Cleveland? | 她同意搬去克利夫兰了吗 |
[14:46] | Yes, and I feel really good about it. | 是啊 我真的太高兴了 |
[14:48] | And you know why? | 你们知道为什么吗 |
[14:50] | ’cause my best friend is one of the best | 因为我最好的朋友可是 |
[14:52] | assisted living facility finders there is. | 最厉害的辅助生存机构寻找者之一啊 |
[14:56] | I did do really well with my parents, didn’t I? | 我父母的事我确实处理得不错 对…吧 |
[15:00] | I know what you’re up to. | 我知道你什么目的 |
[15:01] | Mm, what smells so good? | 什么闻起来这么香 |
[15:03] | It’s easy bake cake. | 是速成蛋糕 |
[15:04] | When I was a kid, I wanted that cake at my wedding | 我小时候很希望我的婚礼上能有这么个蛋糕 |
[15:07] | to Bobby Sherman. | 跟大歌手鲍比·谢尔曼的婚礼 |
[15:09] | For me, it was Rod Stewart. | 我小时候想跟歌手罗德·斯图尔特结婚 |
[15:11] | I was so mad I was too young for him. | 我当时好气我太小了 不能嫁给他 |
[15:15] | Now, I’m too old for him. | 现在我对他来说太老了 |
[15:19] | Hey, Tori. | 嘿 多利 |
[15:20] | I just wanna thank you for what you just did. | 我想感谢你所做的一切 |
[15:23] | We both know I was long overdue to help take care of mom. | 我们都知道 早该由我来照顾妈妈了 |
[15:26] | And don’t you worry. | 你别担心了 |
[15:28] | I will take excellent care of her. | 我会把她照顾得很好的 |
[15:30] | Where is she? | 她在哪儿呢 |
[15:32] | I thought she was with you. | 我以为她跟你在一起 |
[15:38] | I went too far! | 我搞过头了 |
[15:39] | They’re gonna shove me in a home! | 她们要把我送去养老院了 |
[15:45] | They wanna drag me out of my house, | 她们要把我从家里拖出来 |
[15:47] | and dump me in an old folks’ home in Cleveland. | 再丢到克利夫兰的某个养老院里 |
[15:50] | I told you you were playing with fire. | 我早就说了你这是在玩火自焚 |
[15:53] | You told me to dial up the crazy. | 你明明叫我将疯狂加倍 |
[15:58] | In my defense, that can mean anything. | 容我辩解下 那可以是任何意思 |
[16:01] | Now what am I supposed to do? | 现在我该怎么办 |
[16:04] | I mean, I love Victoria. She’s my light. | 我爱维多利亚 她是我的生活之光 |
[16:06] | But Bess… Bess is my rock. | 但贝丝 贝丝则是我的依靠之石 |
[16:10] | You have to let Bess go. | 你必须放手让贝丝走 |
[16:14] | Maybe you should let Victoria be the rock for a change. | 你或许应该让维多利变成你的依靠之石 |
[16:22] | I tried to keep a straight face. I really did. | 我已经尽力保持严肃了 真的 |
[16:25] | I mean, what is this about? | 这算怎么回事儿 |
[16:27] | Me moving to Cleveland at my age. | 我都这把年纪了还搬去克利夫兰 |
[16:30] | Why not? | 为什么不呢 |
[16:31] | – What are you, 80? – Not yet. | -你多大了 有80吗 -还没呢 |
[16:35] | You’re a kid. | 你还是个孩子呢 |
[16:37] | Tell Victoria you want a condo with a lake view. | 跟维多利亚说你想住在有湖景的公寓 |
[16:42] | Well, that might be okay. | 那或许还不错 |
[16:44] | One question, though. | 但有一个问题 |
[16:46] | How’s the puppet scene in Cleveland? | 克利夫兰的布偶戏环境如何 |
[16:49] | I’m proud to say I have no idea. | 我要很骄傲地说 我不知道 |
[16:54] | I’ll tell you what crazy is: | 我跟你说什么才叫疯狂吧 |
[16:55] | pretending to be crazy for months | 装疯卖傻几个月 |
[16:57] | just to get Victoria to visit. | 就为了让维多利亚来看你 |
[16:58] | Why didn’t you just ask her? | 你为什么不直接叫她回来看你 |
[16:59] | I have been asking her for 12 years. | 我已经叫了12年了 |
[17:02] | Now, now, can’t we just stop with the lies? | 现在我们能停止这谎言游戏了吗 |
[17:04] | I’m 42 years old. I think I can handle the truth. | 我42岁了 我觉得我是能面对真相的 |
[17:13] | Actually, the truth is Bess is moving on, | 真相就是贝丝要开启人生新篇章了 |
[17:15] | and I should too, | 我想我也应该如此 |
[17:17] | so look out, Cleveland. | 所以当心哦 克利夫兰 |
[17:18] | – Here I come. – Oh, mom, that is great. | -我来啦 -妈妈 太棒了 |
[17:20] | Yay! Happy family. | 好耶 幸福的一家 |
[17:22] | Let’s have tiny cake. | 来尝尝小蛋糕吧 |
[17:24] | What flavor is it? | 是什么味道的 |
[17:25] | Hey, the flavor is “Far-out vanilla.” | 是”先锋”香草味的 |
[17:29] | Oh, my God. Look at this. | 老天呐 瞧瞧这个 |
[17:31] | “Best before 1986.” | “1986年前食用最佳” |
[17:35] | So were you. | 你也一样啊 |
[17:45] | Elka, I may be wrong, | 爱尔卡 我可能看错了 |
[17:47] | But aren’t those guys over there checking us out? | 那边的那些家伙是在看我们吗 |
[17:52] | You’re not in Canoga Falls anymore. | 你现在可不是在卡诺加瀑布镇 |
[17:55] | Things move a little faster in the big city. | 大城市的节奏会快一点 |
[18:10] | Not that fast. | 也没那么快嘛 |
[18:13] | Nick, what are you doing? | 尼克 你在干什么呢 |
[18:15] | Oh, I, um– I just wanted to come over | 我 我就想过来 |
[18:18] | and say “Hello” to your friend… | 跟你的朋友打声招呼 |
[18:21] | But I lost my courage. | 但我不敢啊 |
[18:24] | This is my friend Penny. | 这是我朋友佩妮 |
[18:26] | Penny, this is Nick. | 佩妮 这是尼克 |
[18:27] | Hello, Nick. Nick, have a seat. | 你好 尼克 尼克 坐吧 |
[18:29] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:38] | Penny’s moving to Cleveland. | 佩妮要搬来克利夫兰了 |
[18:40] | Great. | 太好了 |
[18:41] | She might need someone to show her the sights. | 她可能需要有人陪她逛逛 |
[18:43] | Oh, yeah. Sure. Go-gosh. | 是啊 当然了 去吧 |
[18:45] | You would need a lot of… | 你得要很多… |
[18:48] | Oh, you mean me? | 你是说我吗 |
[18:50] | Oh, yeah. I can do that. | 可以啊 我可以 |
[18:52] | But, you know, if we’re going to be walking, | 但是 要是我们用走的 |
[18:55] | I don’t think we’ll get to see all the sights, but… | 恐怕是没时间看遍所有的风景名胜 但… |
[18:58] | Uh, well, yeah, I-I’d like you to show me around. | 不过 好吧 我希望你带我四处看看 |
[19:03] | Well, I’ve got things to do. | 我还有事情要做 |
[19:05] | Why don’t you two get acquainted? | 你们两个何不相互了解了解 |
[19:08] | Oh, Elka. | 爱尔卡 |
[19:09] | I am so glad we had this time together. | 我很高兴我们这几天相处得这么愉快 |
[19:13] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[19:24] | You remind me of someone. | 你让我想起了个人 |
[19:28] | You wanna make out? | 你想跟我亲热吗 |
[19:31] | As long as you are slow. | 前提是你”慢慢”来 |