时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Greg, you’re cooking. | 格雷格 你要下厨 |
[00:07] | Don’t do something nice for me | 别为我做件贴心的事 |
[00:08] | that will take me an hour to clean up. | 然后让我花一小时打扫 |
[00:10] | No, I’m researching a historical dish to drop off | 不 我在研究一道历史菜 |
[00:12] | with my application for the Westport Historical Guild. | 以此申请西港历史协会 |
[00:15] | Colonial onion pie? | 殖民洋葱馅饼 |
[00:16] | It’s an homage to Westport’s past | 这是对西港以前 |
[00:17] | as a leading onion producer in America. | 作为美国洋葱重要产区的致敬 |
[00:19] | I think it’ll help my application stand out from the crowd. | 我想这能帮助我的申请在人群中脱颖而出 |
[00:21] | Crowd? What crowd? | 人群 什么人群 |
[00:22] | It’s eight guys talking about preserving dirt roads. | 就八个人讲保留区的泥巴路 |
[00:24] | I’m aware the stakes are high. | 我知道机会不大 |
[00:25] | You don’t need to make me any more nervous than I already am. | 我已经很紧张了 你没必要雪上加霜 |
[00:28] | Okay. | 好的 |
[00:29] | My apologies for being late. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[00:31] | But you have to dress for the life you want, | 你的打扮要符合你想要的生活 |
[00:33] | not the life you have. | 而不是正在过的生活 |
[00:34] | Where did you get the money to buy | 你从哪里弄到的钱 |
[00:35] | that ridiculously expensive shirt? | 买这件死贵的衬衫 |
[00:37] | I dipped into my save jar. | 我花了积蓄 |
[00:39] | And who are you dressing up for, Oliver? | 你为谁打扮的 奥利弗 |
[00:41] | Your girlfriend? | 你的女友吗 |
[00:42] | Her I have to answer. | 我必须回答她的问题 |
[00:44] | You I owe nothing. | 我可不欠你什么 |
[00:47] | I’m finished. Can I go play? | 我吃完了 我可以去玩吗 |
[00:50] | Sweetie, you didn’t wash your hands four times. | 宝贝 你没洗四次手 |
[00:51] | Is something wrong? | 有什么不对吗 |
[00:52] | Nope. I just don’t feel like it today. | 没 我今天不想洗 |
[00:57] | She just doesn’t feel like it today. | 她今天不想洗 |
[00:59] | Yeah, but she could wash them once. | 但还是可以洗一次的 |
[01:00] | Her hands are covered in egg. | 手上全是鸡蛋 |
[01:01] | Ah, Dr. Ellie’s really helping Anna-Kat with her OCD. | 埃莉医生让安娜凯特的强迫症好了很多 |
[01:04] | She might be on her way to becoming a typical kid. | 她可能会成为普通的孩子 |
[01:15] | Well, two steps forward, four steps back. | 上两步 下四步 |
[01:17] | But still, it’s a victory. We should celebrate. | 但依然是胜利 我们应该庆祝 |
[01:19] | Let’s go out tonight for dinner and drinks. | 今晚我们出去吃饭喝酒 |
[01:21] | That sounds so tiring. | 听起来好累 |
[01:23] | Agreed. I regretted it the moment I said it. | 同意 我一说就后悔了 |
[01:32] | What are you doing? We have to pay for those. | 你在做什么 得付钱的 |
[01:35] | Greg, you’re always taking the high road. | 格雷格 你总是道德模范 |
[01:37] | We’re paying for them by buying all this other stuff. | 我们买其他东西就是付钱了 |
[01:40] | – It’s part of the deal. – It’s stealing. | -这是买卖 -这是偷 |
[01:41] | – Or sampling. – Or stealing. | -试吃 -偷 |
[01:43] | Look, we could go ’round and ’round about this for hours. | 我们可以争论几小时 |
[01:45] | Let’s just agree that it’s sampling and call it a day. | 就同意这是试吃 然后结束吧 |
[01:47] | Oh, onions. | 洋葱 |
[01:49] | Recipe calls for two bushels. | 菜谱上说要两蒲式耳 |
[01:52] | Mama, Dad, Penny just invited me | 妈妈 爸爸 佩妮刚邀请我 |
[01:54] | to her house for a playdate. | 去她家玩 |
[01:56] | Can I go? | 我可以去吗 |
[01:58] | Well, Penny, depends on where you live. | 佩妮 要看你住在哪里 |
[02:01] | Is your house a castle? | 你的房子是城堡吗 |
[02:04] | Mama, don’t be weird. | 妈妈 别这么奇怪 |
[02:06] | Penny’s in the grade above me. | 佩妮比我高一个年级 |
[02:08] | She’s right over there. | 她在那边 |
[02:11] | Oh. Sure. | 当然 |
[02:16] | First, she skips her hand-washing routine. | 她先是不遵循洗手惯例 |
[02:18] | Now she’s telling me I’m weird. | 现在居然说我奇怪 |
[02:20] | This is typical kid stuff. | 这是典型的普通孩子 |
[02:21] | Except for the hygiene part, this is wildly encouraging. | 除了不讲卫生方面 这真令人鼓舞 |
[02:23] | Right?! | 是啊 |
[02:25] | Katie. | 凯蒂 |
[02:26] | Sampling. | 试吃 |
[02:32] | She didn’t even wash her hands after she used the bathroom. | 她上厕所后都不洗手 |
[02:35] | We couldn’t be happier. | 我们开心死了 |
[02:36] | Low bar in the Otto household. | 奥图家的低标准 |
[02:38] | And she made a playdate with a second-grader. | 而且她和二年级的学生一起玩 |
[02:40] | A human second-grader? | 人类二年级吗 |
[02:41] | Who’s the other mom? | 那孩子的妈是谁 |
[02:43] | Chloe Brown Mueller. | 克洛伊·布朗·米勒 |
[02:47] | You’re going on a playdate at Chloe Brown Mueller’s house? | 你要送孩子去克洛伊·布朗·米勒家玩吗 |
[02:51] | – Yeah. – Wait a minute. Hold up. | -对 -慢着 别急 |
[02:53] | Chloe Brown Mueller? | 克洛伊·布朗·米勒 |
[02:54] | Why do you guys insist on saying her full name? | 你们为什么要一直说她的全名 |
[02:57] | Because… | 因为 |
[02:58] | She’s Chloe Brown Mueller. | 她是克洛伊·布朗·米勒 |
[02:59] | When you meet her, you’ll understand. | 你见到她时 就会明白了 |
[03:00] | She’s a local celebrity. | 她是本地名人 |
[03:02] | She has thousands of Instagram followers, | 图片分享上的粉数不清 |
[03:03] | and all of her posts are about what a perfect mommy she is. | 她晒的照片 全是说她是完美的妈妈 |
[03:06] | How do you not know and despise Chloe Brown Mueller already? | 你怎会还不知道不鄙视克洛伊·布朗·米勒 |
[03:09] | I’m not big into social media, | 我对社媒没兴趣 |
[03:10] | and I actively avoid people with three names. | 而且我主动避开说出中间名的人 |
[03:12] | Plus, I’ve never seen her at drop-off. | 再说 我从未在送孩子上学的地方见过她 |
[03:14] | That’s because her housekeeper brings Penny to school. | 那是因为是佣人送佩妮上学 |
[03:16] | That is terrible mothering. | 这是糟糕的为母之道 |
[03:17] | My housekeeper brings my kids to school. | 我家也是佣人送孩子上学 |
[03:19] | Yeah, but I’m friends with you. | 但我和你是朋友 |
[03:20] | In a town full of gossips, she’s the worst. | 在这个八卦满天飞的地方 她是最差劲的 |
[03:22] | She texted everyone about my divorce | 她给每个人发消息说我离婚 |
[03:24] | before I even knew about it — | 当时我都还不知道 |
[03:25] | and implied that it was my fault. | 她还暗示是我的错 |
[03:28] | It was your fault. You cheated multiple times. | 是你的错 你出轨了很多次 |
[03:30] | That’s on her. | 要怪她 |
[03:31] | All of her friends are just so attractive. | 她的朋友都太漂亮了 |
[03:33] | So she’s a little gossipy. | 她有点八卦 |
[03:35] | I can handle that. | 我可以应付 |
[03:35] | She’s also super judgmental. | 她还爱对人指指点点 |
[03:37] | She mommy-shamed me once by Instagraming my dirty car. | 她在图片分享上晒我的脏车 让我出”妈丑” |
[03:41] | I’ve been waiting for the perfect opportunity | 我一直在等完美的机会 |
[03:43] | to mommy-shame her back, but the best that I found | 让她也出次”妈丑” 但我能找到的最大丑闻 |
[03:45] | was that she doesn’t recycle her yogurt containers. | 就是她不回收她的酸奶包装盒 |
[03:47] | The way to deal with Chloe Brown Mueller | 应付克洛伊·布朗·米勒的办法 |
[03:49] | is to shut up, get in, get out. | 就是闭嘴 进去 出来 |
[03:51] | Hang on, back up. | 等等 刚才说的 |
[03:53] | You went through her garbage? | 你翻了她家垃圾吗 |
[03:55] | I made a huge mess so she would think it was raccoons. | 我翻得一团糟 这样她会以为是浣熊 |
[03:58] | I even tore some stuff with my teeth. | 我甚至用牙齿咬烂了一些垃圾 |
[04:03] | Uh-huh. Uh-huh, totally. | 是 是 没错 |
[04:06] | Hang on one sec. | 稍等 |
[04:09] | And I’m back. | 继续说 |
[04:11] | I totally agree, but the thing is… | 我完全同意 但问题是 |
[04:14] | Hang on one sec. | 稍等 |
[04:16] | I’m sorry. There’s like zero privacy in this house. | 对不起 这家里一点隐私权也没有 |
[04:18] | Hang on one sec. | 稍等 |
[04:20] | Who the hell are you talking to? | 你在跟谁讲电话 |
[04:21] | Who I talk to is none of your business. | 这不关你的事 |
[04:23] | You really do have a girlfriend, don’t you? | 你真的有女朋友 对吗 |
[04:25] | Taylor, I swear on my robust IRA | 泰勒 我以我耐用的个人退休账户发誓 |
[04:27] | that I do not have a girlfriend. | 我没有女朋友 |
[04:29] | Fine, don’t tell me the truth. | 行 别跟我说真话 |
[04:30] | I’ll find out by myself. | 我会自己查清楚的 |
[04:32] | You’re not going to find anything. | 你什么也查不到 |
[04:33] | You couldn’t even find your way home yesterday. | 你昨天连回家的路都找不到 |
[04:35] | I left school from the soccer field. | 我从足球场那里出的学校 |
[04:37] | I was all confused. | 我完全迷路了 |
[04:40] | Important family announcement. | 重要家庭公告 |
[04:42] | Stay the hell away from the minivan. | 离面包车远一点 |
[04:44] | I just got it washed. | 我刚洗了车 |
[04:45] | I thought you said the only way you’d wash that car | 你不是说唯一会洗车的时候 |
[04:47] | is if you drove us all into a lake. | 就是开车一家人跳河吗 |
[04:49] | That is true. | 没错 |
[04:50] | But Anna-Kat has a playdate at the house | 但安娜凯特要去小伙伴家里玩 |
[04:52] | of Westport’s most judgy mom. | 对方妈妈是西港最爱指指点点的人 |
[04:54] | I’m not risking her social life by having a dusty whip. | 我不会用脏轱辘来破坏她的社交活动 |
[04:58] | Nice slang, Mom. | 俚语用的好 妈 |
[04:59] | Yeah, girl. | 对 姑娘 |
[05:00] | And you ruined it. | 你又毁了 |
[05:03] | These pies — They look like pies. | 馅饼 看起来像馅饼 |
[05:05] | – I did it! – Great job, Greg. | -我做到了 -好样的 格雷格 |
[05:07] | And you didn’t even hurt yourself. | 而且你也没受伤 |
[05:09] | Actually, I sustained some burns that aren’t visible, | 其实 有些烫伤在看不到的地方 |
[05:11] | but it’ll all be worth it. | 但一切是值得的 |
[05:13] | Can I get you to taste one and tell me what you think? | 你愿意尝尝 告诉我想法吗 |
[05:14] | I’d be happy to. | 我非常乐意 |
[05:21] | That…is the worst thing I have ever smelled. | 这是我闻过的最臭的味道 |
[05:25] | I’m turtling up. | 我要拉衣服挡住 |
[05:27] | It’s perfect. | 太完美了 |
[05:28] | I was going for historical accuracy. | 我追求的是历史准确性 |
[05:30] | Colonial onion pie is supposed to be awful. | 殖民洋葱馅饼就是这么难吃 |
[05:33] | – Come on, Anna-Kat. It’s time for you playdate. – Oh, God. | -安娜凯特 要去小伙伴家了 -老天 |
[05:36] | Greg, you’ve given our house permanent B.O. | 格雷格 你让家里有了永久的体臭 |
[05:38] | Put it outside and Febreze the hell out of this place | 拿出去 我出门时 把家里好好喷喷 |
[05:41] | while I’m gone. | 除臭剂 |
[05:48] | Remember to say “Please,” “Excuse me,” and “Thank you.” | 记住说”请 不好意思 谢谢” |
[05:50] | And don’t use any of the words Mama screams while she’s driving. | 别说妈妈在开车时说的任何尖叫的话 |
[05:55] | Mama, come here. | 妈妈 过来 |
[05:59] | I got this. | 我能行的 |
[06:11] | Oh, Anna-Kat. | 安娜凯特 |
[06:12] | Roberta. | 罗伯塔 |
[06:14] | I’m so glad you and Penny | 我真高兴你和佩妮 |
[06:15] | finally get to play ponies together. | 终于可以一起玩小马了 |
[06:17] | Come on, I’ll show you to her room. | 来 我带你去她房间 |
[06:19] | Katie. Chloe Brown Mueller. | 凯蒂 我是克洛伊·布朗·米勒 |
[06:22] | So nice to meet you. | 真高兴见到你 |
[06:25] | Did you — | 你刚 |
[06:26] | Did we just take a picture together? | 我们刚拍照了吗 |
[06:27] | Your daughter is adorable. | 你女儿真可爱 |
[06:30] | So much better than the last girl Penny brought over. | 比佩妮上一次带回家的姑娘好多了 |
[06:32] | I gave that playdate one and a half stars. | 那次玩耍我给一星半 |
[06:34] | Snooze. | 没劲 |
[06:36] | I’m just going to smile and nod | 我只会笑 点头 |
[06:38] | because I can’t tell if she’s kidding. | 因为我无法分辨她是否在开玩笑 |
[06:40] | Hey, would you like to come in for a glass of Sancerre? | 你想进来喝杯桑塞尔吗 |
[06:42] | Chloe, I’d love to learn what that is. | 克洛伊 我乐意知道那是什么 |
[06:45] | But I got some errands to run. | 但我还有家务事要做 |
[06:47] | I’ll be back in two to pick up Anna-Kat. | 我两点来接安娜凯特 |
[06:49] | Hey, how is your friend Angela doing? | 你朋友安吉拉好吗 |
[06:50] | I hear she’s dating again. | 我听说她又在约会了 |
[06:52] | Is that true? | 是真的吗 |
[06:57] | All right, I’m just gonna say it true. | 好吧 就当是真的 |
[07:06] | Oh, hey. How’d the playdate go? | 去小伙伴家玩得开心吗 |
[07:07] | It went awesome. | 非常好 |
[07:08] | Aw, that’s great, sweetie. | 太棒了 宝贝 |
[07:15] | Okay, how’d it really go? Awkward? A disaster? | 真的怎么样 尴尬 灾难 |
[07:17] | An awkward disaster? | 尴尬的灾难 |
[07:18] | The playdate went so well | 非常顺利 |
[07:19] | with Chloe Brown Mueller that she even posted about it. | 克洛伊·布朗·米勒还晒了照片 |
[07:22] | She gave it four stars. | 她给了四星 |
[07:25] | “Life is an adventure.” | 人生是场冒险 |
[07:26] | What does that mean in this context? | 在这里说这话是什么意思 |
[07:28] | Something dumb, Greg. But I don’t care. | 愚蠢的意思 格雷格 但我不在乎 |
[07:29] | My baby has a cool older friend. | 我的宝贝有了年长的酷朋友 |
[07:36] | Weird question, but does our daughter always walk around | 奇怪的问题 我们女儿总是把烛台放在衣服里 |
[07:39] | with a candlestick in her jacket? | 走来走去吗 |
[07:41] | What the hell is that? | 这是什么 |
[07:44] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[07:46] | Oh, God. Look on the mantel. | 老天 看壁炉架 |
[07:49] | It’s from her playdate. | 是小伙伴家的 |
[07:50] | She stole it? | 她偷了吗 |
[07:52] | – This is bad. – This is very bad. | -这下坏了 -非常坏 |
[07:54] | Our daughter’s a thief. How did this happen? | 我们的女儿是小偷 怎么会这样 |
[07:55] | How did this happen? | “怎么会这样” |
[07:57] | This is not my fault. | 这不是我的错 |
[07:59] | I steal pretzels. | 我偷椒盐饼干 |
[08:01] | It’s more of a Robin Hood thing. | 这是罗宾汉的作风 |
[08:02] | I take from the rich and give to the poor. | 我这是劫富济贫 |
[08:03] | We’re the poor. | 我们就是贫 |
[08:04] | Yes, you’re a complex antihero. | 对 你真是复杂的非传统英雄角色 |
[08:06] | Ugh, of all people, why did she have to steal | 那么多人 她为什么要偷 |
[08:08] | from Chloe Brown Mueller? | 克洛伊·布朗·米勒家的东西 |
[08:10] | Why do you say all three names? | 你为什么要说出全名 |
[08:11] | I used to be you. Yeah. | 我曾经也像你这样 |
[08:19] | Do you think Anna-Kat stealing is related to her OCD? | 你觉得安娜凯特偷东西和强迫症有关吗 |
[08:22] | No, I think it’s just regular bad-kid behavior. | 不 我想这只是普通坏孩子的行为 |
[08:24] | We could look at it as another step forward. | 我们可以看作是又一进步 |
[08:27] | So we should be proud? | 我们应该骄傲吗 |
[08:28] | Well, not openly. | 非公开地 |
[08:30] | But when we look in each other’s eyes, | 但我们眼神交流时 |
[08:33] | let’s know it’s there. | 心里明白 |
[08:38] | Sweetie, Mama and Daddy | 宝贝 爸爸妈妈 |
[08:40] | have something important to ask you, | 有重要事要问你 |
[08:42] | and you have to be honest. | 你得说实话 |
[08:43] | Okay. | 好 |
[08:45] | Whose candlestick is this? | 这是谁的烛台 |
[08:47] | It’s mine. | 我的 |
[08:48] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[08:49] | – Yep. – Are you really sure? | -对 -你真的确定吗 |
[08:51] | Yep. | 对 |
[08:52] | Well, okay, then. | 那好吧 |
[08:55] | That usually works. I don’t know how to proceed. | 通常管用的 我不知道接着说什么 |
[08:58] | Anna-Kat, we know that you’re lying. | 安娜凯特 我们知道你说谎了 |
[08:59] | You stole this from Penny’s house, didn’t you? | 这是你从佩妮家偷的 对吗 |
[09:02] | – Yep. – Why did you do that? | -对 -你为什么这么做 |
[09:04] | ‘Cause I wanted it. | 因为我想要 |
[09:05] | And are you sorry? | 你抱歉吗 |
[09:06] | Sure. | 当然 |
[09:16] | Did you hear her voice? | 你听到她的声音了吗 |
[09:18] | It was so calm and icy. | 那么冷静无情 |
[09:19] | And those eyes — I don’t think she blinked the entire time. | 还有眼睛 整个过程没眨一下 |
[09:22] | – We have to do something. – I agree. | -我们得做点什么 -我同意 |
[09:23] | I believe the simplest solution | 我相信最简单的解决办法 |
[09:25] | is obviously an “Ocean’s Eleven”-style con. | 就是”十一罗汉”式骗局 |
[09:27] | We sneak the candlestick back into the house — | 我们偷偷把烛台放回去 |
[09:29] | no harm, no foul. | 没伤害 就没错 |
[09:30] | Katie, you always plan these “Ocean’s Eleven”-style cons, | 凯蒂 你总是计划”十一罗汉”式骗局 |
[09:32] | and they always end up more like “Ocean’s Twelve.” | 结果总是更像”十二罗汉” |
[09:34] | Well, then what do you suggest? | 你有什么想法 |
[09:35] | I say we take the high road. | 我说我们做道德模范 |
[09:36] | We go to Chloe’s house and tell the truth. | 我们去克洛伊家说出真相 |
[09:38] | If Chloe Brown Mueller finds out Anna-Kat’s a thief, | 如果克洛伊·布朗·米勒发现安娜凯特是小偷 |
[09:40] | she will tell all the other moms, | 她会告诉所有的妈妈 |
[09:41] | and then Anna-Kat will never have another playdate again. | 再也不会有小伙伴和安娜凯特玩了 |
[09:43] | Teaching Anna-Kat morals is way more important. | 教育安娜凯特的道德更重要 |
[09:45] | She needs to apologize in person. | 她需要亲自道歉 |
[09:47] | She’ll be embarrassed and never do it again. | 她会知羞耻 再也不偷 |
[09:48] | And Anna-Kat will not only be the weird kid, | 那么安娜凯特不仅会是奇怪的孩子 |
[09:50] | she’ll be the weird kid that steals. | 她会是偷东西的怪孩子 |
[09:52] | She doesn’t even come from a good family, Greg. | 她甚至不是出生在好家庭 格雷格 |
[09:54] | She’s got nothing going for her. | 没什么能偏袒她的 |
[09:56] | You see this? This is me putting my foot down. | 看到吗 这是我坚定立场 |
[10:01] | Was that my knee? | 那是膝盖的声音吗 |
[10:04] | Fine. | 好 |
[10:06] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[10:08] | Wait, did I just win a fight? | 等等 吵架我吵赢了吗 |
[10:10] | Greg, don’t be so surprised. | 格雷格 别这么惊讶 |
[10:11] | You’ve won almost three fights in our marriage now. | 我们结婚后 你差不多吵赢过三次了 |
[10:15] | Yup, 3:00 works. | 好 3点可以 |
[10:17] | I’ll meet you there. | 到时见 |
[10:48] | Mystery solved. | 谜团解开了 |
[10:56] | Oliver! | 奥利弗 |
[10:57] | ¿Cómo estás? | 你好吗 |
[10:58] | Muy bien. ¿Y tú? | 很好 你呢 |
[11:00] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么情况 |
[11:11] | Do we have to tell the truth? | 我们必须讲出真相吗 |
[11:12] | – Yeah, do we? – Guys, we’re telling the truth. | -对 必须吗 -我们要讲出真相 |
[11:15] | It’s the right thing to do. | 这样做才对 |
[11:19] | Katie! | 凯蒂 |
[11:21] | What a pleasant surprise. | 太意外了 |
[11:23] | Hi, Anna-Kat. | 你好 安娜凯特 |
[11:24] | Oh. Chloe Brown Mueller. | 我是克洛伊·布朗·米勒 |
[11:26] | Hi, Chloe…Brown Mueller. | 你好 克洛伊·布朗·米勒 |
[11:30] | – I had to say all three. – Right. | -我得说出全名 -是吧 |
[11:32] | Sorry to pop by like this, but my husband and I | 抱歉突然打扰 但我和我老公 |
[11:34] | came here to talk to you about something a little awkward. | 是来和你说件比较尴尬的事 |
[11:36] | Can we come in? | 我们可以进去吗 |
[11:37] | Of course. Come on in. Make yourself at home. | 当然 进来 请随意 |
[11:40] | I’m live on Facebook, and I need to wrap up. | 我在脸书上做直播 我要说结束语 |
[11:42] | Hey, guys, I’m back. | 各位 我回来了 |
[11:44] | Now, in my opinion, what’s the biggest joy of motherhood? | 在我看来 作为母亲最大的快乐是什么 |
[11:47] | Everything. | 所有的 |
[11:50] | Hey, look at that. | 看这个 |
[11:52] | Someone else in Westport baked a colonial onion pie. | 西港还有人做了殖民洋葱馅饼 |
[11:56] | Hello. Hey. It’s the pie guy. | 你好 你是馅饼男 |
[12:00] | – Greg. – Greg, that’s right. | -我是格雷格 -格雷格 对了 |
[12:02] | Folks down at the Historical Guild | 历史协会的人 |
[12:03] | call you “Pie Guy,” So now that’s stuck in my head. | 叫你馅饼男 我就记住了 |
[12:06] | Pie Guy. That’s a cool nickname. | 馅饼男 好酷的绰号 |
[12:08] | Oh, Katie, Anna-Kat, this is Stan Lawton. | 凯蒂 安娜凯特 这是斯坦·劳顿 |
[12:11] | He’s the recording secretary of the Westport Historical Guild. | 他是西港历史协会的文档秘书 |
[12:13] | Pleasure. And you must be Penny’s new friend. | 幸会 你一定是佩妮的新朋友 |
[12:16] | That’s actually why we’re here. | 我们是为这个来的 |
[12:17] | You see, Anna-Kat and Penny had a playdate. | 安娜凯特之前和佩妮一起玩 |
[12:20] | And on the playdate… | 一起玩的过程中 |
[12:21] | She just had the best time ever. | 她享受了这辈子最开心的时刻 |
[12:23] | Oh, excuse me one second. | 不好意思 |
[12:25] | I’m so sorry. I have to take this. | 抱歉 我得接电话 |
[12:27] | A business owner wants to modify a sign | 一个企业主想在历史保护区 |
[12:29] | down in the historic district. | 修改一个标志 |
[12:31] | You listen to me, you son of a bitch. | 听我说 你这个狗娘养的 |
[12:34] | – What are you doing? – Mission abort. | -你做什么 -任务中止 |
[12:36] | – Why? – Stan is in charge of membership of the Historical Guild. | -为什么 -斯坦负责历史协会的会员资格 |
[12:38] | If we tell the truth, I’m never getting in. | 如果说出真相 我永远进不去了 |
[12:39] | What about apologizing? | 那道歉呢 |
[12:41] | You’ll learn your lesson later. | 你稍后会受到教训 |
[12:42] | Now, go find Penny and play. | 现在去找佩妮玩 |
[12:43] | You had this awesome idea earlier — | 你之前有个好主意 |
[12:45] | something about “Ocean’s Eleven.” | 关于”十一罗汉”的 |
[12:46] | I can’t do that. I don’t have any of the stuff. | 我不能这样做 我没道具 |
[12:48] | No crickets, no dry ice, no firecrackers. | 没蟋蟀 没干冰 没炮竹 |
[12:53] | I’m gonna put it back now. | 我现在放回去 |
[12:56] | – Footsteps, footsteps! – Sorry to have you wait, | -有脚步声 -抱歉让你们久等 |
[12:58] | but if I don’t get 100 likes a day, I can’t sleep. | 但如果一天得不到一百个赞 我就睡不着 |
[13:02] | So, you wanted to talk to me about | 你们要跟我说件 |
[13:03] | something a little awkward? | 比较尴尬的事吗 |
[13:04] | It’s awfully embarrassing. | 相当尴尬 |
[13:06] | I completely forgot to write a thank-you note | 今天上午安娜凯特在这里玩 |
[13:08] | for Anna-Kat’s playdate this morning. | 我完全忘了写感谢信 |
[13:10] | We are so sorry. | 真是对不起 |
[13:11] | I did notice, but I didn’t want to say anything. | 我注意到了 但我不想说什么 |
[13:15] | Apology accepted. | 接受你的道歉 |
[13:16] | Chloe Brown Mueller, | 克洛伊·布朗·米勒 |
[13:18] | you are a forgiving woman. | 你真是宽宏大量的女人 |
[13:21] | Shall we sit? | 坐下好吗 |
[13:23] | Even he says all three names. | 就连他也说全名 |
[13:24] | I know. | 是啊 |
[13:27] | We got to get them out of the room. | 得让他们离开房间 |
[13:30] | I don’t mean to impose, | 我不想添麻烦 |
[13:31] | but do you have anything to drink? | 但有喝的吗 |
[13:33] | Of course. Where are my manners? | 当然有 瞧我们这待客之道 |
[13:35] | And, Stan, I remember you saying that you had actual cannonballs | 斯坦 我记得你说过你有在孔波海滩 |
[13:37] | used against the British at Compo Beach. | 对抗英军的真正的炮弹 |
[13:39] | – I’d love to see those. – Refreshments and cannonballs | -我很想看看 -点心和炮弹 |
[13:41] | coming right up. | 马上来 |
[13:42] | Roberta, we’re thirsty! | 罗伯塔 我们渴了 |
[13:44] | Here’s the cannonball. | 这是炮弹 |
[13:45] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:46] | Cool. | 酷 |
[13:48] | They’re more round than I thought. | 比我想象中要圆 |
[13:50] | Yes, yes, very round. | 对 好圆 |
[13:52] | I said the exact same thing first time I saw them. | 我第一次看到时也是这样说的 |
[13:55] | – Remember that, honey? – It was our wedding night. | -记得吗 亲爱的 -那是我们的新婚夜 |
[13:57] | We were making love. | 我们在做爱 |
[13:59] | What do we do now? | 现在怎么办 |
[14:02] | You know what goes great with iced tea? | 知道冰茶配什么最好吗 |
[14:04] | Greg’s colonial onion pie. | 格雷格的殖民洋葱馅饼 |
[14:06] | We should all have a slice. | 大家都来吃一块 |
[14:08] | You know what? Why not? | 知道吗 有何不可 |
[14:09] | Okay. Let’s keep Westport’s history | 好的 让我们再现 |
[14:11] | as a leading onion producer alive, huh? | 西港作为洋葱主要产区的历史 |
[14:14] | Oh, you got the reference. | 你知道这典故 |
[14:15] | Okay, here we are. | 好了 |
[14:18] | Ohh, that smell is… | 那味道真是 |
[14:21] | Historically accurate. | 太有历史准确性了 |
[14:23] | – Thank you. – Say, I have a fun idea. | -谢谢 -我有个有趣的主意 |
[14:25] | What if instead of eating this gross pie, we went outside? | 不吃这恶心的馅饼 我们出去 |
[14:29] | That’s a fantastic idea. | 好主意 |
[14:34] | Oh, that stinks. | 好臭 |
[14:38] | Dry ice would have made this so much sexier. | 干冰会让这一切更性感 |
[14:49] | Even though the pie literally made Stan | 尽管那馅饼真的让斯坦 |
[14:51] | throw up in the birdbath, I think he really appreciated | 吐在了鸟的水盆里 我想他真的欣赏 |
[14:53] | – what I was going for. – You see? The low road works. | -我的想法 -瞧 不做道德模范也能行 |
[14:56] | You’re just one step closer to joining the Historical Guild, | 你离加入历史协会又进一步 |
[14:58] | and Anna-Kat’s reputation is safe. | 而且安娜凯特的名声是安全的 |
[15:00] | We still have to deal with you, young lady. | 我们还是会处理你的问题 小姑娘 |
[15:02] | But for now, cheers. To the low road. | 但现在 为不做道德模范干杯 |
[15:05] | It worked, and no one got hurt. | 管用 没人受到伤害 |
[15:06] | Actually, somebody did get hurt. | 确实有人受到了伤害 |
[15:08] | Chloe Brown Mueller fired her housekeeper for stealing. | 克洛伊·布朗·米勒说佣人偷东西 把她炒了 |
[15:10] | – What? – Chloe knew the candlestick | -什么 -克洛伊知道 |
[15:12] | was missing and suspected Roberta. | 烛台不见了 怀疑罗伯塔 |
[15:14] | She told her if she returned it, there’d be no consequences. | 她告诉她还回去 就没惩罚 |
[15:17] | But Chloe lied. | 但克洛伊说谎 |
[15:18] | And when you two put the candlestick back, | 你们把烛台放回去后 |
[15:20] | Chloe took it as proof that Roberta stole | 克洛伊说这是罗伯塔偷东西的证据 |
[15:23] | and fired her. | 把她炒了 |
[15:25] | Pass the salt. | 把盐递给我 |
[15:28] | How do you know all this? | 你怎么知道这事的 |
[15:30] | It’s my business to know things. | 知道事情是我的事 |
[15:32] | Plus, the real headline here is you got an innocent woman fired. | 而且最重要的是 你们害无辜女人被炒了 |
[15:35] | Let’s focus on that. | 集中考虑这点 |
[15:36] | I retract my cheers. The low road stinks. | 我收回干杯 做道德败坏的人太臭了 |
[15:39] | Just like a colonial onion pie. | 和殖民洋葱馅饼一样臭 |
[15:41] | Hello! Salt, please. | 有人呢 请递盐 |
[15:43] | This meatloaf is bland. | 肉卷没味道 |
[15:51] | We can’t let an innocent woman lose her job because of our lie. | 我们不能让一个无辜女人 因为我们的谎言失去工作 |
[15:55] | – Can we? – We have to come clean and tell the truth. | -可以吗 -我们必须说出真相 |
[15:57] | Even though it means Chloe will tell everyone | 哪怕这意味着克洛伊会告诉所有人 |
[15:59] | Anna-Kat’s a criminal | 安娜凯特是个罪犯 |
[16:00] | and Stan won’t let you into the Historical Guild? | 斯坦也不会让你加入历史协会吗 |
[16:02] | Yeah, sometimes taking the high road isn’t enjoyable. | 有时候做道德模范并不快乐 |
[16:04] | It’s never enjoyable. | 从来不快乐 |
[16:06] | That’s why I don’t take it. | 所以我不做 |
[16:08] | There is another way. | 还有其他办法 |
[16:09] | I have certain information that can help | 我有些信息 可以让所有人 |
[16:11] | everyone walk away a winner. | 皆大欢喜 |
[16:13] | Who are you? | 你是什么人啊 |
[16:14] | And where are you getting your information? | 你的消息是哪里来的 |
[16:17] | I know where. | 我知道哪里 |
[16:19] | Why is everyone dramatically entering. | 为什么大家都要戏剧性登场 |
[16:21] | Mom, Dad, | 妈 爸 |
[16:23] | Oliver’s dating an old Mexican lady. | 奥利弗在和墨西哥老太太约会 |
[16:26] | I told you I’d find out the truth. | 我跟你说了我会查到真相 |
[16:29] | – Yeah, that’s not it. – Taylor. | -这不是的 -泰勒 |
[16:31] | Will somebody please put the pieces together for me | 麻烦谁告诉我到底是怎么回事好吗 |
[16:34] | like you guys do at movie night? | 就像你们电影之夜做的那样 |
[16:35] | I’ll tell you everything if you promise | 我会说出一切 只要你们保证 |
[16:37] | not to punish me for anything I say. | 不因为我说的惩罚我 |
[16:39] | Here’s my counter. | 这是我的回答 |
[16:40] | If you want to continue to live under this roof | 如果你想继续生活在这个屋檐下 |
[16:42] | or actually on the planet, you will talk now. | 或是活在地球上 现在就说 |
[16:45] | Okay. Here’s my counter to your counter. | 好 这是我对你回答的回答 |
[16:49] | I’ll tell you everything. | 我会说出一切 |
[16:50] | It all started a few months ago when you bought me | 一切始于几个月前 你在特价商场 |
[16:52] | a defective shirt from the outlet mall. | 给我买了件次品T恤 |
[16:54] | There was nothing wrong with that shirt. | 那T恤没什么不好 |
[16:56] | I’m telling a story here. | 我正说事情呢 |
[16:57] | I was going to throw it away | 我打算扔掉 |
[16:58] | until I met Viv’s housekeeper, Luz. | 直到我碰到维芙家的佣人露丝 |
[17:00] | Throwing away a good shirt? | 把好T恤扔掉吗 |
[17:02] | See, the bat is askew. | 看 球拍是歪的 |
[17:03] | I can re-stitch this in two minutes, make it good as new. | 我两分钟就能重新绣好 像全新的一样 |
[17:06] | And ever since then, Luz and I have been business partners. | 从那时开始 露丝和我就成为了生意伙伴 |
[17:10] | We buy defective shirts at the outlet mall, | 我们在特价商场买次品T恤 |
[17:13] | fix them, and sell them to kids in Norwalk for a profit. | 修补好 卖给诺沃克的孩子谋利 |
[17:21] | Easy money. | 轻松赚大钱 |
[17:23] | Luz. | 露丝 |
[17:29] | All the housekeepers in town are friends. | 这里所有的佣人都是朋友 |
[17:31] | They hear everything that goes in the houses | 他们会知道主人家的所有事情 |
[17:33] | they work in, including Chloe’s. | 包括克洛伊家的 |
[17:35] | That’s how I knew Roberta got fired. | 所以我知道罗伯塔被炒了 |
[17:37] | Luz gives me all the dirt. | 露丝把所有丑事都告诉我了 |
[17:40] | That’s his evil smile, Greg. | 这是他邪恶的笑容 格雷格 |
[17:43] | This is gonna be good. | 这下精彩了 |
[17:48] | Your housekeeper didn’t steal the candlestick. | 你家佣人没偷烛台 |
[17:51] | Anna-Kat did. | 安娜凯特偷的 |
[17:53] | And we are so sorry that we let the lie go on for this long. | 抱歉骗了你们这么久 |
[17:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:58] | And mother to mother, I promise you | 母亲对母亲 我跟你保证 |
[18:00] | that Anna-Kat stealing will stay our little secret. | 安娜凯特偷东西 会是我们间的秘密 |
[18:03] | I appreciate that. | 非常感谢 |
[18:05] | But we both know the second that we leave here, | 但我们都知道 我们一走 |
[18:08] | you’re going to pick up that phone | 你就会拿起电话 |
[18:10] | and start texting all of Westport | 给全西港发消息 |
[18:11] | that my daughter’s a thief. | 说我女儿是小偷 |
[18:12] | Katie, it’s called freedom of the press. | 凯蒂 这是言论自由 |
[18:14] | Let’s make a deal. | 我们做个交易 |
[18:15] | You keep your mouth shut about Anna-Kat | 你保守安娜凯特的秘密 |
[18:17] | and rehire your housekeeper, and I won’t tell anyone | 请回佣人 我就不告诉任何人 |
[18:20] | about your dirty secrets. | 你肮脏的小秘密 |
[18:21] | What secrets? My life is an open book. | 什么秘密 我的生活是公开的 |
[18:23] | Does the name Natalie Ryan ring a bell? | 还记得纳塔利·瑞恩吗 |
[18:25] | Oh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[18:27] | I know that you were not the one who decorated this perfect home. | 我知道这完美的房子不是你装修的 |
[18:30] | You hired an interior designer. | 你请了一位室内设计师 |
[18:32] | You bitch. | 贱人 |
[18:34] | Your mommy blog is ghost-written | 你的育儿博客是找枪手写的 |
[18:35] | by a general studies major at UConn. | 对方在康乃迪克大学主修通识学 |
[18:37] | – Stop it. – And your legal name isn’t Chloe Brown Mueller. | -别说了 -你的法定名字不是克洛伊·布朗·米勒 |
[18:40] | It’s Wanda Wiggly. | 你叫旺达·威格利 |
[18:41] | – Wigglé. – For God sakes, | -威格雷 -老天 |
[18:43] | look what you’re doing to her. | 看你对她做了什么 |
[18:45] | All right, fine. Fine, you win, okay? | 好的 你赢了 好吗 |
[18:47] | I promise I won’t gossip about Anna-Kat | 我发誓不会说出安娜凯特的事 |
[18:49] | if you’ll keep those lies to yourself. | 只要你不说出这些谎言 |
[18:53] | Oh. Yeah. | 对了 |
[18:55] | And Greg wants to join the stupid Historical Guild. | 格雷格要加入愚蠢的历史协会 |
[18:59] | Is that all right with you, | 你有意见吗 |
[19:01] | Stan Lawton from Norwalk, Connecticut? | 来自康乃迪克州诺沃克的斯坦·劳顿 |
[19:08] | At least now I can stop suppressing | 至少我可以不再压抑 |
[19:09] | my thick Norwalk accent. | 我厚重的诺沃克口音了 |
[19:11] | There, that’s better. | 好多了 |
[19:13] | Greg, you are officially invited | 格雷格 正式邀请你 |
[19:15] | to join the Historical Guild. | 加入历史协会 |
[19:19] | It was the pie that put me over the top. | 是馅饼让我成功的 |
[19:23] | Oh, and Anna-Kat and Penny still get to play together, | 安娜凯特依然可以和佩妮一起玩 |
[19:26] | or else I am going to tell everyone… | 否则我就告诉所有人 |
[19:31] | I’m out of secrets. | 我没秘密了 |
[19:33] | Just think it’d be nice to get the kids together. | 只是觉得孩子们在一起玩很好 |
[19:37] | If you stick to it, the low road works. Just does. | 如果你坚持 不做道德模范是可行的 没错 |
[19:40] | – Don’t touch me. – It’s all right, darling. | -别碰我 -没事 亲爱的 |
[19:47] | Someone stole my ponies. | 有人偷了我的小马 |
[19:49] | Actually, sweetie, Mommy and Daddy stole your ponies. | 宝贝 是爸爸妈妈偷了你的小马 |
[19:52] | Why would you do that?! | 你们为什么这样做 |
[19:54] | We wanted to show you how it feels when someone | 我们想让你知道 被人拿走 |
[19:55] | takes something away from you that’s important. | 你心爱的东西 你会有什么感觉 |
[19:58] | – How do you feel? – It feels awful. | -你有什么感觉 -难受极了 |
[20:00] | It sure does. | 没错 |
[20:01] | I’m never stealing again. | 我再也不偷东西了 |
[20:06] | Now I want to return everything. | 现在我想把所有东西还回去 |
[20:09] | Everything? | 所有东西 |
[20:21] | – Pretend we never saw this and throw everything into the garbage. – Yeah. | -假装没看到这些 全扔进垃圾桶里 -好 |