时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | It was the day of Barney and Robin’s wedding, | 巴尼和罗宾婚礼那天 |
[00:02] | and a surprise guest had just arrived. | 来了一位不速之客 |
[00:04] | Mom, I-I can’t believe you’re here. | 妈 不敢相信你居然来了 |
[00:07] | – How did you get here? – On a plane. | -你怎么来的 -坐飞机啊 |
[00:09] | With your fear of flying? What, did the plane drive here? | 你不是恐飞吗 飞机是从陆上开过来的吗 |
[00:13] | I’ve made enormous strides | 宝贝 自从你离开之后 |
[00:15] | since you last saw me, dear. | 我可是有了翻天覆地的变化 |
[00:17] | This is nice. | 感觉真不错 |
[00:19] | I don’t love flying, I must admit. | 我得承认 我不喜欢坐飞机 |
[00:22] | I haven’t been on a plane in years, but… | 我很多年都没坐飞机了 不过… |
[00:24] | maybe this won’t be such a bad… | 或许这不是一个坏… |
[00:26] | Ladies and gentlemen, we are cleared for takeoff. | 女士们先生们 飞机马上就要起飞了 |
[00:29] | we’re all gonna die! | 我们全都会死 |
[00:30] | We’re all gonna die! | 我们全都会死 |
[00:34] | During the flight, I’ll admit, | 我承认 在飞行期间 |
[00:36] | I-I had a few… difficult moments, | 我确实有几次… 有点难受 |
[00:39] | but, you know, by the time we’d landed… | 不过飞机着陆之后 |
[00:41] | Here already. | 终于到了 |
[00:43] | Well, I have to say, it wasn’t so dreadful after all. | 我承认 没有想象中那么恐怖 |
[00:47] | Oh, I do apologize if I caused any distress. | 我对我引起的不安道歉 |
[00:51] | And, oh, I’m terribly sorry about the door. | 那个门 我也很抱歉 |
[00:54] | I had no idea it would fly off like that. | 我不知道它会那样飞出去 |
[00:57] | Please, please send me a bill, | 麻烦把账单寄给我 |
[00:59] | because I’d like to replace it. | 我一定会赔偿的 |
[01:03] | I’ll be taking the train home. | 回家时我要坐火车 |
[01:21] | Well, it’s official: I’m gonna be | 现在正式宣布 我即将成为 |
[01:24] | judge Marshall Eriksen. | 马修·埃里克森法官 |
[01:25] | That is great. | 太棒了 |
[01:27] | Can you help me get a driver’s license? | 你能帮我弄个驾照吗 |
[01:30] | A what? | 什么 |
[01:31] | Marshall, you, uh, you don’t sound | 马修 听起来 |
[01:33] | too excited to become a judge. | 你不是很兴奋啊 |
[01:35] | I feel kind of guilty about it. | 我有点觉得内疚 |
[01:36] | I mean, I know how badly Lily wanted to move to Italy. | 我知道莉莉非常渴望搬去意大利 |
[01:39] | Don’t do this, bro. | 兄弟 别这样 |
[01:40] | Classic mistake. | 典型错误 |
[01:41] | You won– enjoy it. | 你赢了 享受胜利 |
[01:43] | Drink the blood of your vanquished enemy and move on. | 踩着你敌人的尸体前进吧 |
[01:46] | You’re gonna be a great husband. | 你会成为一个完美的丈夫 |
[01:48] | No, no, wait, he has a point. | 不不 等等 他说得对 |
[01:50] | I mean, you said yourself, it was her decision. | 你自己也说了 这是她的决定 |
[01:52] | Lily chose to give up her job | 莉莉决定放弃她的工作 |
[01:54] | and not move to Rome so you could be a judge. | 不搬去罗马 让你可以当法官 |
[01:56] | Yeah, but something seemed off. | 不过好像有些不对劲啊 |
[01:58] | We had this big fight and she stormed out, | 我们大吵一架 她夺门而出 |
[02:00] | and when she came back, | 她回来之后 |
[02:00] | she had totally, like, changed her mind. | 就完全改变了想法 |
[02:03] | Wait, what time was this? | 什么时候的事 |
[02:04] | A little after 3:00 A.M., Billy Zabka. Why? | 半夜3点多 比利·泽布卡 怎么了 |
[02:07] | Well, last night, I was out doing some | 昨晚我去沙滩 |
[02:08] | late-night dirt-biking in the sand. | 做深夜越野车运动 |
[02:09] | Naturally. Continue. | 当然 继续 |
[02:11] | And I ended up at that EZ Pick a few miles up the road. | 我停在几英里外的一家便利店 |
[02:14] | And, well… | 然后… |
[02:23] | That’s odd. | 真奇怪 |
[02:27] | You saw Lily getting into someone’s car? | 你看到莉莉上了一辆车 |
[02:29] | I wonder who it was. | 谁的车 |
[02:30] | What did the license plate say? | 车牌是多少 |
[02:33] | It said… | 车牌是 |
[02:34] | “Ahoy!!!” | “啊嗬”[船员用语] |
[02:36] | The captain! Lily’s boss. | 是船长 莉莉的老板 |
[02:38] | He has a house out here. | 他在这里有房子 |
[02:40] | Wait, why was Lily getting into the captain’s car | 等等 莉莉为什么在半夜3点 |
[02:42] | 3:00 in the morning? | 上船长的车呢 |
[02:44] | Guys… | 各位 |
[02:45] | I hate to even say this, but… | 我真不想这么说 但… |
[02:49] | Do you think it’s possible… | 你们觉得… |
[02:51] | …that I could eat six of these saltines | 我有可能在一分钟之内 |
[02:55] | in under a minute? | 吃完这六个盐饼干吗 |
[02:56] | Challenge accepted! | 挑战接受 |
[02:59] | Well, I can’t wait to meet this Barney. | 我迫不及待想见见这个巴尼 |
[03:02] | I haven’t met him already, have I? | 我没见过他 对吧 |
[03:05] | Because they said after getting tasered, | 因为据说被防暴枪电击后 |
[03:06] | I might suffer from short-term memory loss. | 会有短暂的失忆 |
[03:09] | Oh, you’d remember if you’d met Barney. | 如果你见过巴尼 你肯定印象深刻 |
[03:12] | Why don’t I see what he’s doing right now? | 我看看他现在在做什么 |
[03:16] | – Barney’s phone. – Ted, where’s Barney? | -巴尼的电话 -泰德 巴尼在哪里 |
[03:19] | He’s trying to eat six saltines in under a minute. | 他想在一分钟之内吃掉六个盐饼干 |
[03:21] | Well, his future mother-in-law is here. | 他的未来丈母娘来了 |
[03:24] | Robin’s mom is here. | 罗宾的妈妈来了 |
[03:26] | And she wants to meet him. | 她想见见巴尼 |
[03:27] | She wants to meet you. | 她想见见你 |
[03:31] | He’s kind of in the middle of a saltine challenge at the moment. | 他正处于挑战盐饼干的关键时刻 |
[03:35] | But as soon as he’s done, he’ll just, uh, pop right over. | 但他一完成挑战 就马上就过去 |
[03:38] | All right. Good-bye. | 好 拜拜 |
[03:40] | The saltine challenge? Now? | 盐饼干挑战 现在吗 |
[03:42] | It’s his wedding day. | 今天是他的婚礼嘛 |
[03:43] | Guys do weird things on their wedding day. | 婚礼当天男人总会做些奇怪的事情 |
[03:45] | Well, on my wedding day, | 我婚礼当天 |
[03:47] | Robin’s father completely disappeared | 罗宾的爸爸消失了 |
[03:49] | for about three hours. | 整整三个小时 |
[03:51] | He just said, “I’ve got to go and teach somebody some manners,” | 他就说 “我得去教训教训某人” |
[03:54] | and off he went. | 然后就走了 |
[03:55] | And then three hours later, | 三个小时候后 |
[03:57] | he emerged from the woods with a dead elk | 他扛着一只死麋鹿 |
[04:00] | slung across his shoulder. | 从树林里走出来 |
[04:02] | And I didn’t even know that there were elk in Bermuda. | 我都不知道在百慕大也有麋鹿呢 |
[04:06] | But this Barney– | 不过这个巴尼 |
[04:07] | He sounds like a fine young man. | 听起来是个不错的年轻人 |
[04:09] | Yes, he is. | 对 他是 |
[04:11] | We’re going again. | 再来一次 |
[04:14] | Marshall, are you okay? | 马修 你没事吧 |
[04:15] | Why did she get into the captain’s car, | 她为什么要上船长的车 |
[04:16] | and why didn’t she tell me about it? | 她为什么要瞒着我这件事呢 |
[04:17] | – Well, maybe it was a work thing. – What? No. | -没准是谈工作的事呢 -怎么可能 |
[04:19] | She has a big fight with me, | 她先和我大吵完一架 |
[04:20] | she goes down to an EZ pick, | 然后去了一家便利店 |
[04:21] | she gets into the captain’s Mercedes, | 还钻进船长的奔驰车 |
[04:23] | and then three hours later, | 三个小时后 |
[04:24] | she doesn’t want to go to Italy anymore? | 她就改变主意不去意大利了 |
[04:26] | I mean, do you think this means… | 你们说 这是不是代表着… |
[04:27] | That the captain moored his dinghy in Lily’s lagoon? | 船长的”小艇”停进在莉莉的”内海湖”了吗 |
[04:29] | Most definitely. | 肯定是这样了 |
[04:30] | That’s crazy. | 别瞎说 |
[04:32] | You’d never moor a dinghy in a lagoon. | 没人会把小艇停靠在内海湖里 |
[04:33] | I don’t know, Ted. | 那可不一定 泰德 |
[04:34] | In certain tidal conditions, | 在特殊的潮汐情况下 |
[04:36] | if you had a protected inlet… | 如果你保护得好… |
[04:37] | Okay, you know what? It doesn’t matter. | 算了 这些都无所谓了 |
[04:38] | Today is Barney’s wedding. | 今天是巴尼的大喜之日 |
[04:40] | Let’s just forget it. | 先把这事忘掉吧 |
[04:43] | Marshall… | 马修 |
[04:44] | Do you want to go over to the captain’s house right now, | 你想不想马上杀到船长的别墅里 |
[04:46] | punch him in the face really fast | 往他脸上来一拳 |
[04:48] | and then come back and do this wedding? | 然后赶回来参加婚礼 |
[04:53] | Would that be okay? | 这样可以吗 |
[04:54] | Ranjit, get the car. | 兰吉特 去把车开来 |
[04:55] | Getting the car. | 马上去开车 |
[04:57] | Baby, I can’t wait to meet your mom, | 亲爱的 我迫不及待想和你妈见面 |
[04:59] | but I kind of got to go on | 可我现在得和 |
[05:00] | a little excursion with the boys right now. | 我的小伙伴们来一次小远足 |
[05:02] | What? Where are you going? | 什么 你们要去哪里 |
[05:04] | Me and the boys have to go teach someone some manners. | 我们得去教训教训某人 |
[05:11] | Are there any elk on Long Island? | 长岛这附近有麋鹿出没吗 |
[05:17] | * My gallant housekeeping crew * | * 我勤劳的女仆们 * |
[05:19] | * Good morning. * | * 早上好 * |
[05:20] | * Sir! Good morning. * | * 主人 早上好 * |
[05:22] | * I hope you are quite well. * | * 大家今天精神好吗 * |
[05:24] | * Quite well, and you, sir? * | * 非常好 主人您呢 * |
[05:27] | * I am in reasonable health. * | * 我精神焕发 * |
[05:28] | * And happy to meet you all once… * | * 也很高兴看到你们都在… * |
[05:31] | Oh, bother it! | 真扫兴 |
[05:33] | I’ll get it. | 我去开门 |
[05:39] | Ahoy, Marshall! | 你好 马修 |
[05:41] | – Are you okay, Robin? – No, I’m not okay, | -你没事吧 罗宾 -我有事 |
[05:44] | because apparently, I am marrying my dad in a few hours. | 因为再过几小时 我就要和我爸结婚了 |
[05:48] | Oh, sweetie, no. | 乖女儿 别这么想 |
[05:50] | I’m sure that’s not true. | 事情不会变成那样的 |
[05:51] | I mean, th-there’s so much you don’t know about your father. | 我是说 你父亲还有好多事你都不知道呢 |
[05:55] | There were… | 我们… |
[05:55] | Oh, there were so many other red flags in our marriage. | 我们的婚姻中亮起过无数次的红灯 |
[05:58] | I mean, for instance, do you know that | 比方说 你知道 |
[06:00] | before he was engaged to me, | 在和我订婚之前 |
[06:03] | he was engaged to marry an exotic dancer? | 他曾经和某个脱衣舞娘订过婚吗 |
[06:06] | Hello! Red flag! | 看看 大红灯 |
[06:09] | Oh, Genevieve, not good. | 这下惨了 |
[06:11] | And did you know that one time, | 还有一次 |
[06:13] | to impress women, | 为了勾引女人 |
[06:14] | he dressed up like a prussian aristocrat, | 他扮成了俄罗斯贵族的样子 |
[06:17] | Had a painting of himself made, | 还弄了一张自己的肖像画 |
[06:19] | and posed next to it in an art gallery? | 挂在画廊 并站在旁边摆出同一姿势 |
[06:21] | Can you imagine? | 你们能想象吗 |
[06:23] | Oh, that’s a rough one. | 这个也太惨了 |
[06:25] | Darling, darling, the list goes on. | 亲爱的 我还没说完呢 |
[06:28] | He would always take his mother’s side in arguments. | 每次吵架 他都是站在他妈那边 |
[06:31] | He never checked with me before making plans. | 他制定计划前从不和我商量 |
[06:33] | And our rehearsal dinner… | 而我们的彩排晚宴… |
[06:34] | Oh, boy, did we have it out right before our rehearsal dinner! | 我们在晚宴前大吵了一架 |
[06:42] | Thank you, Linus. | 谢了 莱纳斯 |
[06:45] | For the first ten years I knew him, | 我认识你父亲的前十年 |
[06:47] | I didn’t even know what your father did for a living. | 完全不知道他是干什么工作的 |
[06:50] | Every time I used to ask him, | 每次我问他 |
[06:51] | – he’d just say… – Please! | -他只会说… -拜托 |
[06:53] | Yes, that’s exactly what he used to say. | 没错 他就是这么回答我的 |
[06:55] | How did you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[06:57] | Heck of a jab, Marshall. | 这一拳打得真重啊 马修 |
[06:59] | Well-placed. | 打得真准 |
[07:00] | Captain, i know something happened | 船长 我知道昨天晚上 |
[07:02] | between you and Lily last night. | 你和莉莉之间发生了什么 |
[07:04] | What? | 什么 |
[07:05] | No. Nothing happened. | 没有 什么也没发生 |
[07:07] | Captain’s honor. | 我以船长的名义发誓 |
[07:08] | Well, you can ask my fiance. | 不信可以问我的未婚妻 |
[07:09] | Fiance? What-what fiance? | 未婚妻 什么未婚妻 |
[07:11] | Captain. | 船长 |
[07:12] | – Permission to clear things up? – Granted. | -请批准让我来解释一下 -准了 |
[07:14] | Me. We’re engaged. | 就是我 我们订婚了 |
[07:16] | It’s “boats, boats, boats”! | 这不是”大船 小船 好多船”的妞吗 |
[07:18] | – Ted, look! – Uh, yeah. | -泰德 快看 -看到了 |
[07:20] | I mean, yeah, I know her from that commercial. | 我是说 对 我看过她的广告 |
[07:22] | Boats, boats, boats! | 大船 小船 好多船 |
[07:24] | And only from that commercial. | 也只看过广告而已 |
[07:25] | No, you banged her. Remember? | 才怪 你和她上过床 你忘了吗 |
[07:28] | Like, a bunch of times. | 还上过好多次呢 |
[07:30] | You knocked “boots, boots, boots.” | 你上了”大床 小床 好多床” |
[07:32] | All right, captain. What the hell happened here last night? | 够了 船长 昨晚到底发生了什么事 |
[07:35] | Well, it was just after four bells. | 昨晚 船钟刚刚打了第四次[凌晨两点] |
[07:37] | Ahoy! | 你好 |
[07:38] | Hi, I-I know it’s late, | 我知道很晚了 |
[07:40] | But I’ve got to get out of here. | 但我要离开这 |
[07:41] | So I sent the car. When she got here… | 于是我派了车过去 她到了后 |
[07:44] | Lily, what a lovely… | 莉莉 见到你真… |
[07:45] | Can I use your powder room? | 我能借用洗手间吗 |
[07:46] | And then she went to the powder room. | 然后她去了洗手间 |
[07:48] | She was in there quite a while, actually. | 她在那里待了一段时间 |
[07:50] | Probably a deuce. Go on. | 可能是大号 继续说 |
[07:52] | And when she came out, she had to leave right away. | 她出来后马上就走了 |
[07:55] | It was odd. | 很奇怪 |
[07:56] | But I assure you, nothing inappropriate happened | 但我保证 我和你妻子间没发生任何 |
[07:58] | between me and your wife. | 不道德的事 |
[07:59] | Captain, I understand what you’re saying, | 船长 我明白你的话 |
[08:01] | but what you don’t understand | 但你不明白的是 |
[08:03] | is that Lily is my wife, | 莉莉是我老婆 |
[08:05] | and I love her way too much | 我太爱她了 |
[08:06] | to behave rationally right now! | 现在完全丧失了理智 |
[08:07] | En garde! | 准备 |
[08:09] | This is the best day of my life. | 今天是我一生中最精彩的日子 |
[08:12] | Oh, darling, come on, no, no. | 亲爱的 别这样 不是的 |
[08:15] | You’re not marrying your father. | 你才不会嫁给你父亲 |
[08:17] | I mean, your father… | 我是说 你父亲这样的人 |
[08:19] | I mean, let’s just put it this way. | 我这样说吧 |
[08:21] | Your father was a sociopath. | 你父亲是反社会者 |
[08:23] | He slept with over 20 women. | 他睡过的女性超过20名 |
[08:26] | And sure, you know, | 没错 |
[08:27] | we were friends for years first | 一开始的几年我们是朋友 |
[08:29] | and it was entertaining watching him lie | 因为看他为了把妹子 |
[08:31] | to those poor girls to get inside their snow pants, | 撒各式各样的慌 的确挺有意思 |
[08:34] | but I should have known back then | 但我当时就应该知道 |
[08:36] | this was not husband material. | 这不是当老公的料 |
[08:39] | I mean, even your uncle Jim, you know, | 就连你的叔叔吉姆 |
[08:40] | his gay black brother… | 就是他的同志黑人兄弟 |
[08:42] | Will you shut up! | 你闭嘴好吗 |
[08:46] | Go for Barney! | 我是巴尼 |
[08:47] | Your bride is freaking the crap out right now. | 你的新娘现在吓坏了 |
[08:49] | Where the hell are you? | 你到底在哪里 |
[08:51] | I warn you, captain, | 我警告你 船长 |
[08:52] | I’ve pretended to have a duel with actual swords twice. | 我用真剑 假装决斗过两次 |
[08:57] | I warn you, Marshall, | 我警告你 马修 |
[08:59] | I was on the olympic fencing team. | 我曾经是奥运会击剑队的 |
[09:00] | Won three gold medals. | 得过三枚金牌哦 |
[09:02] | I warn you, captain, | 我警告你 船长 |
[09:04] | I’m starting to feel like this was a mistake. | 我开始觉得这是个误会 |
[09:07] | I think I’d better not say where I am. | 我还是不要说我在哪比较好 |
[09:09] | I am not kidding around here! | 我可不是开玩笑的 |
[09:10] | Tell me where you are! | 快告诉我你在哪 |
[09:13] | We’re at the captain’s house. | 我们在船长家里 |
[09:19] | What is it? What’s wrong? | 怎么了 出什么事了 |
[09:21] | I am so busted. | 我完蛋了 |
[09:28] | Thank you, Linus. | 谢谢你 莱纳斯 |
[09:35] | You have another piece of gum? | 你还有口香糖吗 |
[09:40] | I can keep a secret. | 我能守住秘密 |
[09:42] | I can keep a secret real good. | 我非常擅长保守秘密 |
[09:45] | Are you chewing gum? | 你在嚼香口胶吗 |
[09:46] | I can keep a secret like nobody’s business, | 我能把一个秘密保守成高级机密 |
[09:48] | ’cause it is nobody’s business. | 因为它不关任何人的事 |
[09:51] | You never chew gum. | 你从来不嚼口香糖 |
[09:52] | You shouldn’t chew gum in here. | 你不应该在这里嚼口香糖 |
[09:53] | ’cause it’s a secret, and I’m keeping it! | 因为它是秘密 而我就要保密 |
[09:58] | Wait! Stop the duel! | 慢着 不要决斗 |
[09:59] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[10:00] | I mean, why? | 我是说 为什么 |
[10:02] | Why? | 为什么 |
[10:02] | Because I just solved the mystery, that’s why. | 因为我刚刚解开了谜题 这就是为什么 |
[10:05] | Mosby boys! | 莫斯比小子 |
[10:09] | We agreed you wouldn’t do that anymore. | 不是说好了不会再这样做吗 |
[10:12] | Mystery? What mystery? | 谜题 什么谜题 |
[10:14] | Lily has a secret. | 莉莉有个秘密 |
[10:17] | She’s hiding something, | 她在隐瞒着什么 |
[10:20] | and I know what it is. | 而我知道是什么 |
[10:31] | Okay, what is she hiding? | 好吧 她隐藏了什么 |
[10:33] | I’ll tell you in a minute. | 我等一下告诉你 |
[10:36] | I want to enjoy the suspense a little bit first. | 我想先享受一下这种悬念感 |
[10:49] | Oh, my God, will you just tell us! | 老天爷 你快说吧 |
[10:55] | Very well. | 好吧 |
[10:56] | Now, we can all agree that this is the first time | 我们都知道这是我 |
[10:58] | I’ve ever set foot in this house, correct? | 第一次来这里 对吗 |
[11:01] | Oh, this is going to be unbearable. | 太折磨人了 |
[11:03] | Now, captain, your powder room– | 船长 你的洗手间 |
[11:06] | Does it face out on the ocean? | 是面朝大海吗 |
[11:08] | Of course, right over the cliff. | 当然 就在悬崖边 |
[11:10] | Just as I suspected. | 和我怀疑的一样 |
[11:12] | And if I were to walk into this powder room right now, | 如果我现在走进洗手间 |
[11:15] | I believe I’d see a potted plant of some sort. | 我相信我会看到盆栽之类的东西 |
[11:18] | – Is that correct? – Yes. There’s a daisy. | -对吗 -对 有盆雏菊 |
[11:20] | A daisy. Interesting. | 雏菊 有意思 |
[11:23] | Uh, not traditionally an indoor plant, | 不是传统意义上的室内植物 |
[11:25] | but I suppose it gets plenty of light | 但我想因为朝南的缘故 |
[11:28] | with the southern exposure. | 日照充足 |
[11:30] | That’s right, it does. | 没错 是的 |
[11:32] | Will you please fetch the daisy? | 请把雏菊拿来好吗 |
[11:34] | Aye-aye. | 遵命 |
[11:37] | I totally solved it. | 我完全解开谜题了 |
[11:39] | You didn’t solve it. | 你没解开 |
[11:41] | You didn’t solve it. | 你没解开 |
[11:43] | You didn’t solve it. | 你没解开 |
[11:45] | You didn’t solve it. | 你没解开 |
[11:46] | Did you solve…? No, you didn’t solve it. | 你解开了吗 没 你没解开 |
[11:48] | I solved it! | 我解开了 |
[11:51] | Thank you, captain. | 谢谢你 船长 |
[11:53] | Now… | 现在 |
[11:55] | A simple question. | 问一个简单的问题 |
[11:57] | When Lily and Marshall are apart for an extended period of time, | 当莉莉和马修长时间分隔两地 |
[12:01] | what is the one thing Lily always does? | 她总是会做什么 |
[12:04] | Cry? | 哭 |
[12:05] | Masturbate? | 自慰 |
[12:06] | Karate? | 练空手道 |
[12:07] | Go sailing? | 航海 |
[12:08] | No. | 都不是 |
[12:10] | When Lily and Marshall are apart | 当莉莉和马修长时间 |
[12:13] | for a long period of time, | 分隔两地 |
[12:16] | Lily… always… | 她总是会 |
[12:28] | …starts smoking again. | 重拾烟瘾 |
[12:31] | That’s true, she does. | 说得对 她的确会 |
[12:33] | Happened when she went to Paris in college. | 她大学去巴黎的时候就这样 |
[12:35] | It happened when she moved to San Francisco, and last week, | 她去旧金山时也这样 而上一周 |
[12:38] | it happened again. | 她又重蹈覆辙 |
[12:39] | From the moment Marshall left for Minnesota, | 就在马修启程去明尼苏达州的那一刻开始 |
[12:42] | Lily’s been secretly puffing down the ciggies | 莉莉就开始偷偷抽烟 |
[12:44] | like a 46-year-old grandma at a Reno slot machine. | 就跟玩老虎机的46岁老奶奶抽烟的神情一样 |
[12:47] | Problem was, come Friday morning, | 问题出现周五的早上 |
[12:49] | she knew she’d have to quit again, cold turkey. | 她意识到自己必须戒烟 完全戒掉 |
[12:53] | and it wouldn’t be easy. | 这是一项艰巨的任务 |
[12:54] | She tried to make it a whole car ride without a fix, | 她试图在车上神不知鬼不觉地把烟戒掉 |
[12:56] | but couldn’t. | 可惜还是忍不住 |
[12:57] | So, she pretended to be annoyed | 所以她假装看不顺眼 |
[12:59] | by perfectly reasonable things, | 一些完全合理的东西 |
[13:01] | like my stylish driving gloves | 比如我时髦的驾驶皮手套 |
[13:02] | and my appreciation of the historic Van Otterloop manse. | 以及我对传奇人物范·奥特洛浦故居的赞赏 |
[13:06] | All so she could have one last smoke on the train. | 只为可以在火车上再抽最后一次烟 |
[13:11] | But afterwards, her breath told the tale. | 但抽完之后 她的嘴里会有烟味 |
[13:14] | And that’s why, when she got to the hotel, | 所以等她达到酒店时 |
[13:17] | Lily… | 莉莉 |
[13:18] | was chewing… gum. | 居然在嚼口香糖 |
[13:21] | Lily never chews gum. | 莉莉从来不嚼口香糖 |
[13:23] | What? Never? | 从来不嚼吗 |
[13:24] | Well, hardly ever. | 几乎没见过 |
[13:25] | Great job, Ted. | 干得好 泰德 |
[13:26] | That’s some pretty solid evidence. Gum. | 就凭口香糖破案 真是证据确凿啊 |
[13:30] | Oh, Barney, my dear boy. | 巴尼 我的小可爱 |
[13:32] | I’m just getting started. | 我的破案大论才刚开始呢 |
[13:34] | Getting started? | 才刚开始吗 |
[13:36] | Lily knew that cigarette was probably her last for a while. | 莉莉知道她有一段时间不能抽烟了 |
[13:39] | she needed something to keep her nerves calm, | 所以她需要东西来让她保持平静 |
[13:40] | so she headed to the bar. | 于是她去了酒吧 |
[13:42] | Anytime you see me without a drink in my hand, | 任何时间 只要看到我手上没酒了 |
[13:44] | you put a drink in my hand. | 你就赶紧给我端一杯来 |
[13:47] | Are you my guy, linus? | 你愿意合作吗 莱纳斯 |
[13:50] | What followed was a long day and a half for Lily. | 随之而来的一天半对她来说相当难熬 |
[13:53] | A really long day and a half. | 那是非常漫长的一天半 |
[13:55] | Oh, it’s kind of insane how much happened | 疯狂的是这么短的时间内 |
[13:57] | in just a day and a half. | 居然发生了这么多事情 |
[13:58] | Anyway, Marshall returned, | 后来马修到达 |
[14:00] | they had a big fight, Lily stormed out. | 他们大吵了一架 莉莉夺门而出 |
[14:04] | And that’s when she realized, | 就在那时她意识到 |
[14:05] | if she was gonna sneak one this weekend, | 如果这个周末她要偷溜出去抽烟 |
[14:07] | this was her chance. | 现在就是绝佳时机 |
[14:08] | And after that fight, boy, did she need one. | 大吵一架后 她真的需要来一根 |
[14:11] | Only problem: She was all out. | 唯一的问题是 她的烟都抽没了 |
[14:15] | Now, at 3:00 a.M., | 凌晨三点钟 |
[14:16] | you need a cigarette, | 如果你想抽烟 |
[14:17] | and the only place that’s open is an EZ Pick | 唯一开门的只有24小时便利店 |
[14:19] | that’s five miles down the road. | 那离酒店有五英尺远 |
[14:20] | You have no car. | 而你没有车 |
[14:21] | What do you do? Go. | 你会怎么做 抢答开始 |
[14:23] | Dirt-bike it. | 骑摩托车去 |
[14:24] | I can walk that far. | 是我就能走过去 |
[14:25] | Masturbate. | 自慰 |
[14:26] | Take a boat. | 开船去 |
[14:28] | What? A boat? No. | 什么 开船 不行 |
[14:30] | Dude, she got a ride in your car, remember? | 兄弟 是你派车来接她的 还记得吗 |
[14:34] | Ahoy. | 你好 |
[14:35] | Hi. I-I know it’s late, | 我知道很晚了 |
[14:36] | but I’ve got to get out of here. | 但我得离开这里 |
[14:37] | I want to make one stop first. | 麻烦中间停一下 |
[14:42] | The problem was, | 问题是 |
[14:43] | Lily didn’t want to smoke in front of her new employer. | 莉莉不想在她新老板面前抽烟 |
[14:46] | So, when she arrived at the captain’s house, | 所以等她到达船长家时 |
[14:48] | there was only one possible course of action. | 她只能这么做 |
[14:50] | Can I use your powder room? | 我能借用洗手间吗 |
[14:55] | Now, you’re Lily. | 想象一下自己是莉莉 |
[14:57] | You’ve just had a cigarette in your boss’s powder room. | 你刚在你老板的厕所抽完烟 |
[15:00] | What do you do with the cigarette butt? | 那个烟头你们会怎么处置 |
[15:01] | Throw it out the window? Flush it? | 扔出窗外 还是冲掉 |
[15:03] | No, she-she wouldn’t do either of those things. | 不 她都不会这么做 |
[15:04] | She’s an environmentalist. | 她是个爱护环境的人 |
[15:05] | Stick it in your purse? | 塞进钱包 |
[15:06] | Marshall could find it there. | 会被马修发现 |
[15:08] | Throw it in the trash can. | 扔进垃圾桶 |
[15:09] | The captain would find it there. | 会被船长发现 |
[15:10] | Hide it in a boat. | 藏到船上 |
[15:12] | A boat? Wait. How would that… | 又是船 怎么可能嘛 |
[15:14] | I don’t know. I just… I like boats. | 我不知道 可人家就是喜欢船 |
[15:19] | No. | 都不是 |
[15:21] | There’s only one place that she would put it. | 她只会把烟头藏到一个地方 |
[15:23] | A place where, eventually, it would decompose | 烟头会在那个地方分解 |
[15:26] | and serve as a natural mulch. | 最终成为大自然的肥料 |
[15:30] | It’s in the daisy. | 她藏在花盆里了 |
[15:32] | And sure enough, | 不出所料 |
[15:34] | if I dig around… | 如果我伸手进去找 |
[15:36] | I am all but guaranteed to find… | 我保证能找到 |
[15:41] | a pregnancy test. | 一根验孕棒 |
[15:45] | You could smoke those? | 这玩意也能抽吗 |
[16:01] | Oh, no. | 惨了 |
[16:03] | So, you want the Kennedy package? | 你是想点肯尼迪套餐服务是吧 |
[16:04] | Bingo. | 答对了 |
[16:08] | One other little thing. | 还有一个小要求 |
[16:10] | When you do put a drink in my hand, | 你给我端酒上来时 |
[16:12] | Let’s make it non-alcoholic. | 记得换成非酒精饮料 |
[16:14] | There’s a chance I might be pregnant. | 因为我有可能怀孕了 |
[16:16] | Okay, Linus, | 打住 莱纳斯 |
[16:17] | don’t start popping the Sparkling Cider just yet. | 不要现在就给老娘上什么气泡苹果汁 |
[16:20] | I’m just being cautious. | 我只是以防万一而已 |
[16:22] | I’ll take a test when I get home. | 我等回家了再验孕 |
[16:24] | It can wait. | 我能等 |
[16:26] | Are Marvin and I and any other future children | 马文和我 还有我们以后可能有的孩子 |
[16:30] | we may have just some consolation prize? | 会不会只是你的安慰奖呢 |
[16:33] | I have to get out of here. | 我要离开这 |
[16:41] | It can’t wait. | 不能等了 |
[16:48] | Lily, what a lovely… | 莉莉 见到你真… |
[16:49] | Can I use your powder room? | 我能借用洗手间吗 |
[16:56] | Two minutes. Here we go. | 两分钟了 答案揭晓 |
[17:08] | Guys, we need to go back to the hotel. | 各位 我们得回酒店了 |
[17:12] | Lily peed on that, and you touched it. | 莉莉尿在上面 而你居然碰了 |
[17:16] | Lily? | 莉莉 |
[17:20] | We’re gonna have a baby? | 咱们家要多一名成员了吗 |
[17:25] | I told you guys I could keep a secret. | 我早跟你们说了我能守住秘密 |
[17:30] | Uh, uh, Barney, this-this is my mom. | 巴尼 这是我妈妈 |
[17:33] | – Hi. – Hello. | -你好 -你好 |
[17:35] | Oh. Oh, he’s a hugger. | 他爱抱抱 |
[17:37] | Nothing like your dad. | 跟你父亲完全不一样 |
[17:39] | I’m sorry. I-I was gonna tell you tonight. | 对不起 我本来今晚要告诉你的 |
[17:42] | No. Oh, my God, no. It’s fine. | 没事 天啊 没关系 |
[17:43] | There’s just… there’s so much we have to do. | 只是…我们得赶紧张罗好多事 |
[17:45] | You know, we have to, um… we have to do research on… | 我们得开始…开始查 |
[17:47] | Uh, hospitals in Italy, and we have to, uh… | 意大利的医院 以及… |
[17:50] | We’re not going to Italy. | 我们不去意大利了 |
[17:52] | Of course we are. | 我们当然得去 |
[17:54] | Lily, we have to do this. You’re gonna live in Rome, | 莉莉 我们必须去 我要你在罗马生活 |
[17:57] | and you’re gonna get your dream, because… | 完成自己的梦想 因为… |
[18:00] | because you’re giving me mine. | 因为你完成了我的梦想 |
[18:02] | Again. | 这是第二次了 |
[18:04] | But there’s gonna be all sorts of paperwork, | 但是我们有很多文件要弄 |
[18:06] | and-and if she’s born outside of the U.S., | 而且如果她是在美国境外出生 |
[18:08] | she could never become president. | 那以后就不能当美国总统了 |
[18:11] | It’s a girl? | 是女孩吗 |
[18:12] | Oh. I don’t know, but… | 我也不知道 但… |
[18:15] | In my mind, I kind of think she is. | 我希望肚子里的是女孩 |
[18:19] | I love you so much. | 我好爱你 |
[18:22] | We’re gonna give you some privacy. | 留给你们点私人空间吧 |
[18:27] | It’s my room. Why do I have to…? | 这是我房间 为什么我得… |
[18:29] | Just… Come on. | 快走啦 |
[18:33] | – I thought this was an exit. – No, balcony. | -我还以为这是出口 -是阳台 |
[18:37] | Well, we’ll just give them a few minutes, and then… | 给他们小俩口点时间 然后… |
[18:40] | We’ll go back in and… | 我们就回去 然后… |
[18:42] | Oh, they are both naked. | 他们都脱光了 |
[18:45] | – Yeah, they work fast. – Yes. | -他们俩动作很快 -是啊 |
[18:49] | Oh, darling. | 乖女儿 |
[18:50] | Oh, you’re going to be fine. | 你一定会幸福的 |
[18:52] | You know, for every marriage in the world | 世上的婚姻千姿百态 |
[18:55] | like I had with your dad, you know, there’s… | 有我和你父亲这样的 |
[18:57] | there’s a marriage like those two in there. | 也有像他们俩那样的 |
[19:00] | And, oh, marriage is… | 婚姻啊 |
[19:02] | Oh, it’s terrifying. | 让人害怕 |
[19:03] | It’s-it’s like flying. | 就像坐飞机那样惴惴不安 |
[19:05] | You know, you’re-you’re filled with this mortal dread, | 你的内心充满了恐惧 |
[19:08] | but if you find someone you feel safe with, | 直到你找到了让你有安全感的人 |
[19:10] | it’s like flying! | 就像坐飞机那样安安稳稳 |
[19:14] | But if you got someone that you feel is really there for you, | 如果有个人始终对你不离不弃 |
[19:17] | someone you can depend on, | 始终让你依靠 |
[19:20] | you’re gonna be fine. | 那你们一定会幸福的 |
[19:22] | Do you have someone like that? | 你找到这样的人了吗 |
[19:30] | I do. | 找到了 |