时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | It has been one tough year for our school, | 对我们学校来说今年是艰难的一年 |
[00:06] | but that all ends this Saturday! | 但是到这个周六一切都要结束了 |
[00:10] | Because that’s when this team, | 因为到那个时候 |
[00:13] | my Warriors, | 我们的勇士们 |
[00:14] | are gonna burn those pansy-ass Ohio players | 会把那支娘娘腔的俄亥俄队 |
[00:18] | right to the ground! | 打得落花流水 |
[00:30] | And stop acting like a little bitch baby. | 别再像个熊孩子一样了 |
[00:32] | Do not tell me how to feel right now! | 别对我指手画脚 |
[00:35] | Sorry it took so long. | 抱歉这么久才来 |
[00:37] | I went back for this. | 我回去拿这个了 |
[00:39] | Now, you — you take that back right now! | 你 你马上把那个放回去 |
[00:42] | No. It’s smart. | 不 很聪明 |
[00:44] | Commonwealth v. Deloatche — | 联邦诉迪洛奇案 |
[00:46] | A case the prosecution should’ve won but lost | 一个公诉方本该赢下却输了的案子 |
[00:48] | because there was no murder weapon. | 就因为没找到凶器 |
[00:49] | – So, what are you saying? – We clean it and we put it back. | -那你怎么想 -我们把它擦干净放回去 |
[00:52] | Hide it in plain sight. | 大隐隐于市 |
[00:54] | After we bury the body. | 但是要先把尸体埋掉 |
[00:56] | No, absolutely not. | 不行 绝对不行 |
[00:58] | Yeah, I-I-I-I’m with Michaela. | 我赞同米凯拉 |
[01:00] | No, Connor, think. | 不 康纳尔 好好想想 |
[01:01] | The trophy we need, yes. But the body stays where it is. | 我们要处理奖杯 没错 但我们不动尸体 |
[01:04] | No, the body is what gets us caught. | 不 尸体会害我们被抓的 |
[01:06] | You are not thinking straight. | 你脑子不清醒了 |
[01:07] | What do you suggest?! | 那你有什么建议 |
[01:08] | Something that doesn’t involve carrying a body | 起码不是在一年中最热闹的夜晚 |
[01:09] | across campus on the busiest night of the year! | 扛着一具尸体穿过校园 |
[01:12] | She’s right, Laurel. | 她说的对 劳拉 |
[01:13] | Even if we get it out of the house, unseen, | 就算我们能够把尸体弄出来 也没人看到 |
[01:15] | the ground is frozen! | 可土地已经冻结实了 |
[01:16] | We have all night to dig. | 我们可以挖一晚上 |
[01:18] | You don’t know what you’re talking about! | 你根本不知道自己在说什么 |
[01:19] | This is murder! None of us know what we’re talking about! | 这是谋杀 我们谁都不知道自己在说什么 |
[01:21] | Please, just yell that a little louder! | 你声音再大点 |
[01:23] | Honestly, you’re all dumber than | 说实话 要是你们都觉得 |
[01:24] | I thought if you think we should go back there. | 我们应该回去 那你们比我想的还蠢 |
[01:24] | – Look, I’m agreeing with you — – Going back is an idiotic… | -我同意你的话 -回去太傻… |
[01:25] | You two need to man up and think because we’re going to jail. | 爷们点 动动脑子 不然我们都得进监狱 |
[01:30] | Shut up! Shut up! | 闭嘴 闭嘴 |
[01:33] | It’s two against two. | 现在是二对二 |
[01:36] | We have no other choice. We flip a coin. | 没办法 扔硬币吧 |
[01:38] | – That is the dumbest thing – I’m not letting a freaking coin | -这是你说过的 -我才不会让一枚硬币 |
[01:40] | you’ve ever said. | 最蠢的话 |
[01:40] | decide whether or not I go to jail tonight! | 决定我今晚会不会进监狱 |
[01:42] | We don’t have time to fight! | 我们没时间再吵了 |
[01:44] | We need to make a decision and commit to it. | 我们得作出决定 赶快实行 |
[01:46] | So if someone has a better idea, say it now! | 如果谁有什么好主意就赶快说 |
[01:54] | Heads, we get the body. | 正面 我们就去搬尸体 |
[01:55] | Tails, we leave it where it is. Okay? | 背面 我们就把尸体留在那儿 好吗 |
[02:40] | 你见过我吗 莱拉·斯坦格 | |
[02:51] | I threw up four times this morning | 我今天早上吐了四次 |
[02:53] | – worried she’s gonna call on me. – Yeah, she’s a ballbuster, sure, | -担心被她点名 -是啊 她确实很可怕 |
[02:55] | but I spent my summer interning for Chief Justice Roberts, | 不过我在罗伯茨审判长那里做暑期实习 |
[02:57] | – so I know how to – Dershowitz has the upper hand | -所以我知道 -德肖维茨在学术界 |
[02:58] | – handle a big personality. – in the academic world, | -怎么跟大人物打交道 -地位更高 |
[02:59] | but Keating’s clearly the better defense attorney. | 但基廷显然是个更优秀的辩护律师 |
[03:06] | Here we go. | 开始了 |
[03:08] | I’m not usually a first-row kind of guy, | 我一般不会坐前排 |
[03:10] | but I promised myself I wouldn’t hide in the back of the class. | 但我答应自己不会躲在教室最后 |
[03:13] | I’m engaged. | 我已经订婚了 |
[03:15] | Oh. Oh, no. I-I wasn’t hitting on… | 不 我不是想勾搭… |
[03:17] | Seats are assigned. There’s a chart over there. | 座位已经分配好了 那边有张表格 |
[03:23] | Nice try, player. | 想得真美 伙计 |
[03:24] | – No. I wasn’t trying anything… – You should find your seat. | -不 我没打算…-去找你的座位吧 |
[03:26] | You don’t want to be a sitting duck when the shooter gets here. | 枪手来时 你可不想成为显眼目标 |
[03:28] | What? | 什么 |
[03:29] | Oh, my God. You have no idea what you just walked into. | 老天 你根本不了解状况啊 |
[03:32] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[03:34] | I don’t know what terrible things | 我不知道你们这辈子 |
[03:35] | you’ve done in your life up to this point, | 到目前为止做了什么坏事 |
[03:37] | but clearly your karma’s out of balance | 但显然你们需要积点德 |
[03:39] | to get assigned to my class. | 所以才会被分来上我的课 |
[03:41] | I’m professor Annalise Keating, and this is Criminal Law 100. | 我是安娜丽丝·基廷教授 这是刑法学基础 |
[03:45] | Or, as I prefer to call it… | 或者用我喜欢的说法 |
[03:56] | …how to get away with murder. | 如何逍遥法外 |
[04:04] | Unlike many of my colleagues, | 跟我的同事们不一样 |
[04:05] | I will not be teaching you how to study the law | 我不会教你们如何学习法律 |
[04:08] | or theorize about it, | 或对法律做出理论化解释 |
[04:10] | but rather how to practice it — | 而是如何在法庭上 |
[04:12] | in a courtroom, like a real lawyer. | 进行实践 像一名真正的律师 |
[04:16] | Now to our first case study, the Aspirin Assassin. | 下面来看看第一个案例 阿司匹林杀手 |
[04:18] | 吉娜·萨多斯基 阿司匹林杀手 罪名 谋杀未遂 | |
[04:20] | Tell us the facts… | 来跟我们讲讲案情吧 |
[04:24] | …Connor Walsh. | 康纳尔·沃什 |
[04:26] | The Commonwealth v. Gina Sadowski | 联邦诉吉娜·萨多斯基案 |
[04:28] | was a case of attempted murder. | 是一起谋杀未遂案 |
[04:30] | The defendant, Ms. Sadowski, worked as the Second Assistant | 被告萨多斯基小姐 是被害人 |
[04:32] | to the victim, Arthur Kaufman, | 亚瑟·考夫曼的第二助理 |
[04:34] | the C.E.O. of an advertising agency. | 他是一家广告公司的总裁 |
[04:37] | Ms. Sadowski was not only his assistant, though. | 但萨多斯基小姐不仅是他的助手 |
[04:39] | She was also his mistress. | 也是他的情妇 |
[04:40] | What happened after Mr. Kaufman’s wife of 27 years, | 与考夫曼先生结婚27年的妻子 |
[04:43] | Agnes, found out about the affair? | 艾格尼丝发现婚外情后发生了什么事 |
[04:47] | You. | 你来说 |
[04:48] | He ended the relationship | 他结束了这段关系 |
[04:50] | and transferred her to the Accounting Department. | 并把她转到了会计部门 |
[04:52] | That’s when she allegedly switched | 据说她就是在那时 |
[04:53] | one of his blood-pressure pills for an aspirin, | 将他的一片降压药换成了阿司匹林 |
[04:55] | which she knew he was allergic to. | 而她知道他对阿司匹林过敏 |
[04:56] | What occurred when Mr. Kaufman ingested the aspirin? | 考夫曼服下阿司匹林后发生了什么 |
[05:00] | Anyone? | 谁来回答 |
[05:04] | Mr. Kaufman went into anaphylactic shock. | 亚瑟·考夫曼出现过敏性休克 |
[05:06] | His throat swelled and his brain was deprived of oxygen | 他的喉咙肿大 大脑缺氧长达七分钟后 |
[05:08] | for 7 minutes before his First Assistant | 他的第一助理 |
[05:08] | 受害人 联合总裁 考夫曼·布莱恩特代理商 | |
[05:10] | was able to resuscitate him. | 才让他恢复意识 |
[05:12] | Michaela Pratt. | 我叫米凯拉·普拉特 |
[05:13] | So, we’ve established the actus reus. | 现在我们已对犯罪客观因素有所了解 |
[05:15] | What was the mens rea? | 那犯罪主观因素是什么 |
[05:19] | Wesley Gibbins? | 韦斯莱·吉宾斯 |
[05:23] | The…mens rea? | 犯罪主观因素 |
[05:27] | Right. | 对 |
[05:29] | Day 1 and you’re unprepared? | 这是第一堂课而你竟然没预习 |
[05:31] | No. | 不是的 |
[05:32] | Well, um, yes, but I didn’t know there was anything to prepare. | 我确实没有 但我之前不知道要预习什么 |
[05:36] | I e-mailed the assignment to the entire class two days ago. | 我两天前就把作业的邮件发给全班了 |
[05:40] | Oh. I…didn’t get that. | 我没收到 |
[05:45] | Mr. Gibbins, as a defense attorney, | 吉宾斯先生 作为一名辩护律师 |
[05:50] | I spend most of my time around professional liars, | 我的大部分时间都在跟职业骗子打交道 |
[05:55] | so you have to work really hard to fool me. | 所以要想骗我你得下点功夫才行 |
[05:59] | I only got accepted here two days ago… | 我两天前才被学校录取 |
[06:03] | from the wait list, | 之前一直是候补 |
[06:05] | so that’s probably | 也许这就是为什么 |
[06:07] | why you didn’t get my e-mail address. | 你没有我的邮箱地址 |
[06:11] | Let me help you out. | 那我给你点提示 |
[06:14] | “Actus reus” means “Guilty act” — | 犯罪客观因素是指犯罪行为 |
[06:16] | the poisoning of Mr. Kaufman with an aspirin — | 本案中是用阿司匹林向考夫曼先生下毒 |
[06:18] | whereas “Mens rea” means “Guilty mind.” | 而犯罪主观因素是指犯罪意图 |
[06:21] | So what was Ms. Sadowski’s mens rea? | 那萨多斯基小姐的犯罪主观因素是什么 |
[06:27] | Think, Mr. Gibbins. | 动动脑筋 吉宾斯先生 |
[06:29] | It’s nothing more than common sense. | 是最平常不过的原因 |
[06:35] | To kill. | 为了杀他 |
[06:39] | Will the individual who just spoke | 刚才说话的同学 |
[06:40] | please stand and repeat the answer? | 请站起来再回答一次好吗 |
[06:44] | The mens rea, also referred to as “Intent,” | 犯罪主观因素 即她的意图 |
[06:47] | was to kill Mr. Kaufman. | 是为了杀害考夫曼先生 |
[06:49] | That’s right. Your name? | 没错 你叫什么 |
[06:51] | Laurel Castillo. | 劳拉·卡斯蒂洛 |
[06:55] | Never take a learning opportunity away | 永远不要抢走 |
[06:57] | from another student, | 别人的学习机会 |
[06:58] | no matter how smart you need everyone to think you are. | 不管你希望证明自己有多聪明 |
[07:04] | All right, before we move on, are there any other questions? | 好了 在讲下一部分之前 有什么问题吗 |
[07:09] | Mr. Walsh. | 沃什先生 |
[07:10] | I noticed that the verdict wasn’t listed here. | 我发现这里并没有写最终判决 |
[07:12] | So I guess my question is, did she do it? | 我的问题是 是她干的吗 |
[07:16] | Why don’t you ask her yourself? | 不如你自己去问她吧 |
[07:19] | 法学院办公室 安娜丽丝·基廷 刑事辩护律师 | |
[07:19] | I lied. | 我撒了谎 |
[07:20] | This isn’t a past case | 这并非过去的案例 |
[07:21] | but one I took last week | 而是我上周刚接手的案子 |
[07:23] | after Gina fired her previous lawyer. | 就在吉娜辞退她的上一任律师之后 |
[07:26] | This one day, I walked into his office | 有一天 我走进他的办公室 |
[07:29] | when I just screamed, real loud, | 然后我吓得惊声尖叫 |
[07:31] | ’cause Arthur was standing there behind the door. | 因为突然看到亚瑟站在门后 |
[07:35] | I thought he was gonna be pissed at me, yell, | 我以为他会生气 训斥我 |
[07:36] | but instead he just started laughin’. | 结果他笑了起来 |
[07:39] | So then I started laughin’ and, well, um, | 然后我也笑了 接着 |
[07:42] | that’s when he kissed me for the first time and… | 那是我们第一次接吻 之后 |
[07:46] | yeah, I became that girl. | 没错 我成了那种女人 |
[07:49] | Something tells me she’s always been “That girl.” | 我有种感觉她一直都是那种女人 |
[07:51] | It was on my last day workin’ for him | 在我为他工作的最后一天 |
[07:52] | when I came back from lunch and saw the paramedics. | 我吃完午餐回来看到了急救人员 |
[07:59] | When I heard that Arthur was hurt… | 当我听说亚瑟中毒后 |
[08:01] | I loved him. | 我爱他 |
[08:03] | I know that’s hard to believe, but I loved him. | 我知道这很难相信 但我爱他 |
[08:08] | Why in the hell would I want to hurt him? | 我怎么可能想要伤害他 |
[08:11] | The trial begins in two days, | 两天后开始庭审 |
[08:13] | so tomorrow, each of you have one minute | 明天课上给你们每人一分钟时间 |
[08:16] | to present the best defense for this case. | 来陈述此案的最佳辩护方案 |
[08:18] | See if you can beat my current plan. | 看有没有人能超越我现有的方案 |
[08:21] | Mr. Gibbins? | 吉宾斯先生 |
[08:22] | Yes? | 在 |
[08:22] | You’ll go last, an unenviable position | 你最后讲 别以为这是什么好事 |
[08:25] | seeing that no two students will be allowed | 因为班上绝不允许出现 |
[08:27] | to present the same idea. | 同样的想法 |
[08:29] | Use the resources in this office — | 你们可以使用这间办公室里的所有资源 |
[08:32] | Gina’s discovery file, my library, | 吉娜的取证文件 我的图书馆 |
[08:34] | the people who know me even better than myself — | 还有比我更了解我自己的人 |
[08:36] | my associates. | 我的助理们 |
[08:37] | Name’s Frank, and unlike every teacher you’ve had, | 我叫弗兰克 跟你们以往的老师不同 |
[08:40] | I do believe there are stupid questions. | 我认为有很多问题就是蠢问题 |
[08:42] | So if you got ’em, | 所以如果你想问的话 |
[08:44] | please see my lovely colleague Bonnie. | 请找我亲爱的同事邦尼 |
[08:46] | Or, better, you could come to us with answers. | 或者更好 你可以直接告诉我们答案 |
[08:50] | We’ll like you much better that way. | 那样我们会更喜欢你们的 |
[08:51] | And one more thing. | 还有件事 |
[08:53] | Every year I choose four students to come work for me. | 每年我选择四位学生为我工作 |
[08:55] | This assignment is used to help me decide who that is. | 这份作业是来帮我决定人选的 |
[08:59] | The top student gets this. | 而最优秀的学生将得到这个 |
[09:04] | Consider this your immunity idol. | 这个是你的免死金牌 |
[09:07] | You — you take that back right now! | 你 你马上把那个放回去 |
[09:10] | The winner can turn this in at any point | 优胜者可以随时用这个 |
[09:13] | to get out of an exam. | 来换取一次考试豁免权 |
[09:15] | Now go. | 现在去吧 |
[09:16] | Find a defense that will free our client. | 找到能帮当事人脱罪的辩护方案 |
[09:23] | The First Assistant saw Gina with an aspirin that morning. | 第一助理那天早上看到吉娜拿着阿司匹林 |
[09:27] | Forensics found aspirin residue on the plate. | 鉴证科在盘子上发现了阿司匹林的残渣 |
[09:29] | She was warned about the allergy first day on the job, | 入职时就警告过她亚瑟对此过敏 |
[09:31] | which means we should argue… | 也就是我们应该说 |
[09:33] | we should argue… | 我们应该说 |
[09:35] | which means we should argue… | 也就是我们应该说 |
[09:36] | we should argue… means we should argue… | 我们应该 也就是我们应该说 |
[09:39] | she’s guilty. | 她有罪 |
[09:54] | Hi. Wes. | 你好 我是韦斯 |
[09:56] | I just moved in next door. | 我刚搬到隔壁 |
[09:58] | – What do you want? – Uh, your music… | -你想干什么 -你的音乐 |
[10:00] | I normally wouldn’t ask to turn it down. | 我一般不会要求把音量关小 |
[10:02] | But today was my first day of Law School and I have — | 但今天是我进法学院第一天 我已经 |
[10:03] | – No. – What? | -不行 -什么 |
[10:04] | The last guy who lived in your apartment was a law student. | 上一个住你那屋的就是个学法律的 |
[10:06] | I put up with his crazy-loud rabbit sex, | 他超级烦人的做爱声我忍了 |
[10:08] | his nervous breakdown. | 精神失常我也忍了 |
[10:09] | You can deal with this. | 这点音乐你也可以忍 |
[10:43] | Michaela. | 米凯拉 |
[10:44] | I never agreed to this! | 我可没同意过这么做 |
[10:45] | The coin did, so I’m gonna stand here and not see anything | 硬币决定的 所以我就站在这儿什么都没看见 |
[10:47] | so when I’m called to testify, I can say just that. | 这样如果被要求作证 我就可以这么说了 |
[10:49] | I just want you to move your feet. | 我只想让你抬一下脚 |
[10:53] | What? | 什么 |
[10:55] | Here. | 好了 |
[10:56] | I wiped the sink down with bleach after I washed it. | 我把它洗完了 水池也用漂白剂刷过了 |
[11:00] | Now what? | 现在呢 |
[11:01] | We put it back. | 把它放回去 |
[11:02] | Let’s just get the hell out of here. Now. | 我们赶紧走吧 马上 |
[11:08] | I’ll help. | 我来帮忙 |
[11:21] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[11:45] | This car one of yours? | 这车是你们的吗 |
[12:00] | – It’s my car, sir. – You’re blocking the sidewalk. | -是我的车 警官 -你挡住人行道了 |
[12:02] | Oh. Uh, right. | 好的 |
[12:04] | I can — I can move it right now. | 我可以 可以马上开走 |
[12:06] | This that law professor’s office? | 这是法学教授的办公室吗 |
[12:11] | Yes. Professor Keating. | 是的 基廷教授 |
[12:13] | We’re her law students, but she’s out of town | 我们是她的学生 她去外地了 |
[12:15] | and told us to take this old rug to the bonfire. | 去之前让我们把这个旧毯子烧了 |
[12:18] | She asked you to go into her house and burn a rug for her? | 她叫你们去她屋里拿地毯烧掉 |
[12:21] | It sounds weird, I know. | 我知道听起来很奇怪 |
[12:23] | Why don’t I give her a call so she can explain to you herself? | 要么我给她打个电话让她亲口跟您说吧 |
[12:25] | Uh…it’s a little late to call her, don’t you think? | 这么晚了给她打电话不好吧 你说呢 |
[12:29] | The nice officer here | 这位警官 |
[12:30] | thinks we’re burgling our professor’s house. | 认为我们是在入室盗窃 |
[12:32] | – Right. – Let’s just clear this whole thing up. | -好吧 -咱们还是澄清一下 |
[12:35] | I mean, it is a little late. | 是很晚了 |
[12:37] | Oh, God, and she had to go to her mother’s funeral today. | 天哪 她今天还参加了她母亲的葬礼 |
[12:39] | But maybe she’s not asleep yet. | 但是也许现在还没睡 |
[12:41] | – This’ll burn good! – It’s fine. Just — | -这个一定好烧 -不用了 只是 |
[12:43] | Damn it. | 倒霉 |
[12:44] | Be safe, okay? There’s a ton of crazies out tonight. | 注意安全 今天晚上太乱了 |
[12:53] | Where the hell has that girl been all night? | 这么镇定的女孩今晚跑哪儿去了 |
[12:57] | We should offer the jury another suspect altogether — | 我们应该为陪审团提供另一名嫌疑人 |
[13:00] | Mr. Kaufman’s wife, Agnes. | 考夫曼先生的妻子 艾格尼丝 |
[13:02] | She was angry about the affair, had access to his office, | 她对他的外遇怀恨在心 能进他办公室 |
[13:05] | and knew what aspirin looked like his blood-pressure pill. | 也知道哪种阿司匹林和他的降压药很像 |
[13:07] | So what better way to get revenge | 还有比杀了出轨的丈夫 |
[13:10] | than to kill your cheating husband | 再嫁祸给情人 |
[13:12] | and pin it on his mistress? | 更好的复仇方法吗 |
[13:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:21] | Take a seat, Ms. Pratt. | 请坐 普拉特女士 |
[13:22] | You’ve moved on to the next round. | 你已经过关了 |
[13:25] | Who’s next? | 下一个是谁 |
[13:27] | It all comes down to a simple piece of evidence — | 最终的关键只是一个证据 |
[13:30] | that the doctor “claims” he ran Mr. Kaufman’s blood work | 医生声称他给考夫曼先生验血时间太晚 |
[13:32] | too late to find any aspirin in his blood. | 已经找不到血液里有阿司匹林的成分了 |
[13:34] | A statistical breakdown of the jury pool | 陪审团成员的分析数据表明 |
[13:36] | shows 80% of them come from a low socioeconomic class. | 他们中的80%属社会低收入人群 |
[13:39] | Yes, Gina put the pill on his desk. | 是的 吉娜把药放在他桌上 |
[13:41] | But did she have the intent to kill? | 但她有作案动机吗 |
[13:43] | Our client mistook the aspirin | 我们的当事人错把阿司匹林 |
[13:44] | as his blood-pressure medication… | 当成他的降血压药 |
[13:45] | The issues at play are complicated | 问题非常复杂 |
[13:47] | and in need of more extensive research… | 需要进一步调查 |
[13:49] | So without a witness to assure that, um… | 没有目击者能证明 |
[13:54] | Do we really trust this doctor, | 这个医生可信吗 |
[13:56] | ladies and gentlemen of the jury? | 各位陪审团的女士们先生们 |
[13:58] | Or did she simply want to give him a scare? | 或者她只是想吓他一下 |
[14:00] | Ipso facto, this is a classic case of… | 事实上 这是一起典型的 |
[14:02] | – Diminished capacity… – A class struggle… | -行为能力失控 -阶级斗争 |
[14:05] | – An accident… – Automatism… | -意外 -无意识行为案 |
[14:06] | – Um, where’s Gina? – Gina’s one of them | -吉娜在哪 -吉娜是他们中的一员 |
[14:08] | while Mr. Kaufman represents the wealthy and out of touch. | 而考夫曼先生代表高高在上的权贵阶级 |
[14:10] | Attempted murder, therefore, is a bogus, inaccurate charge. | 因此故意杀人是不准确也不成立的罪名 |
[14:13] | We’d– we don’t know where Gina was. | 我们不知道吉娜在哪 |
[14:15] | I think not! | 我认为不是 |
[14:17] | I think not, indeed! | 我认为不是 确定不是 |
[14:23] | Mr. Gibbins? | 吉宾斯先生 |
[14:26] | Right. | 好的 |
[14:30] | So, the way I see it is… | 我认为 |
[14:36] | we say it was self-defense. | 我们可以说是自我防卫 |
[14:38] | And we do that because, | 这么说是因为 |
[14:40] | well, Gina was suffering from stockholm syndrome, | 吉娜患有斯德哥尔摩综合征 |
[14:45] | which is actually quite common in assistants | 这在严苛老板的助手中 |
[14:47] | with demanding bosses. | 很常见 |
[14:48] | The affair was just one example | 外遇就是一个例子 |
[14:50] | of how far Mr. Kaufman’s brainwashing of Gina went. | 表明考夫曼先生对吉娜的洗脑多严重 |
[14:55] | He made her fall in love with him. | 他促使她坠入爱河 |
[14:57] | So in this way, her poisoning him was an act of self-defense. | 从这个角度讲 给他下毒是她的自我防卫 |
[15:04] | And I’ll just go stand over there. | 我还是站边上吧 |
[15:08] | No. Sit. | 不 请坐 |
[15:14] | Congratulations to those who managed to keep your seat. | 恭喜还在原座上的各位 |
[15:18] | That said, none of you beat my approach, | 虽然如此 没有人能超越我现有的方案 |
[15:21] | which goes as follows. | 步骤如下 |
[15:23] | Step 1… discredit the witnesses. | 第一步 质疑证人可信度 |
[15:28] | Step 2, introduce a new suspect. | 第二步 提出新的嫌疑人 |
[15:33] | That person is Mr. Kaufman’s jealous business partner, | 也就是嫉妒考夫曼先生的商业伙伴 |
[15:36] | Lionel Bryant. | 莱奈尔·布莱恩特 |
[15:37] | Step 3, we bury the evidence. | 第三步 混淆视听 |
[15:42] | We throw so much information at the jury | 我们给陪审团提供大量信息 |
[15:44] | that they walk into the deliberation room | 这样当他们走进审议室时 |
[15:46] | with one overwhelming feeling — doubt. | 心中只有一个感觉 疑惑 |
[15:50] | That’s how you get away with murder. | 这样才能逍遥法外 |
[15:53] | See you in the courthouse at 9:00. | 九点法庭见 |
[15:55] | Oh, um, Professor Keating! | 基廷教授 |
[15:57] | We have Torts at 9:00 tomorrow, then Property at 11:00, | 明天九点要上侵权法 十一点要上财产法 |
[16:00] | – so I’m not sure — – The way you’re whining right now | -所以我觉得 -你朝我叨叨 |
[16:01] | makes me believe you think I’m your mother, Ms. Pratt. | 让我觉得我是你妈 普拉特女士 |
[16:03] | Show up tomorrow or drop out of the competition. | 要么明天出席 要么退出 |
[16:05] | It’s that simple. | 就这么简单 |
[16:11] | I was his first assistant for 21 years, | 我做他的第一助理已经21年了 |
[16:14] | so to see him on his office floor like that, | 看到他那样躺在办公室地上 |
[16:17] | it was so awful. | 太可怕了 |
[16:18] | He wasn’t breathing. | 他没有了呼吸 |
[16:20] | And his skin kept getting more and more blue. | 肤色也变得越来越青 |
[16:25] | I’m sorry, Agnes. | 抱歉 艾格尼丝 |
[16:26] | I tried everything. | 我尽力了 |
[16:27] | You did everything you could, Ms. Tanner. | 你已经尽力了 特纳女士 |
[16:33] | We just got screwed. Not in a good way. | 这回麻烦大了 |
[16:36] | You don’t like Gina, do you? | 你不喜欢吉娜 对吧 |
[16:37] | You would yell at her, calling her… | 你常朝她吼 说她 |
[16:40] | “Incompetent,” “Stupid,” “Podunk trailer trash”? | 缺乏工作能力 愚蠢 乡下拖垃圾的 |
[16:44] | No. That’s a… | 不 那只是 |
[16:52] | Can I have a moment, Your Honor? | 能给我点儿时间吗 法官大人 |
[16:56] | What the hell are you doing? | 你到底在干什么 |
[16:59] | Well, now we know who’s the first to flame out. | 现在我们知道谁第一个没戏了 |
[17:03] | Hurry it along, Ms. Keating. | 快点 基廷女士 |
[17:08] | What was that? | 你刚说了什么 |
[17:09] | Something they taught you in Torts? | 侵权法课上教的东西吗 |
[17:11] | You should really pay attention. | 你该多用用心 |
[17:12] | You might learn something. | 这样才能学到东西 |
[17:13] | Ms. Tanner, you testified | 特纳女士 根据你的证词 |
[17:16] | that you saw a pill on my client’s desk | 你说你在事故发生那天 |
[17:18] | on the day of the accident, correct? | 在我当事人的桌上看到了一颗药 是吗 |
[17:21] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:22] | And you said it was a yellow pill, | 你说是颗黄色的药 |
[17:24] | similar to Prosecutor Williams’ shirt? | 和公诉人威廉姆斯的衬衫颜色一样 |
[17:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:30] | Prosecutor Williams’ shirt is blue, Ms. Tanner. | 可公诉人威廉姆斯的衬衫是蓝色的 特纳女士 |
[17:34] | Are you color-blind? | 你是色盲吗 |
[17:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:39] | But I know what I saw that morning. | 但我知道我那天早上看到了什么 |
[17:41] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[17:41] | So whether the pill that you saw on my client’s desk was blue, | 所以你自己也不知道 |
[17:46] | like her anxiety medication she used | 你在我当事人桌上看到的那颗药 |
[17:48] | to endure working under you, | 到底是她吃的蓝色的抗焦虑药 |
[17:50] | or yellow, like the aspirin used to poison Mr. Kaufman, | 顺便说句 这都是拜你所赐 |
[17:54] | is not something you can tell us? | 还是用来毒害考夫曼先生的黄色阿司匹林 |
[17:55] | I told you — Gina was acting nervous, | 都说了 吉娜表现得很紧张 |
[17:57] | – like — – It’s a simple question. | -就像… -这问题很简单 |
[17:59] | Is it possible that the pill that you saw | 有没有可能你在吉娜桌子上看到的那颗药 |
[18:02] | on gina’s desk was her anxiety medication? | 其实是她的抗焦虑药 |
[18:05] | I guess so. | 有可能 |
[18:07] | Thank you for your candor. | 谢谢你的坦率 |
[18:09] | I saw she was wearing glasses in one of her facebook photos, | 我看到她脸书上的照片戴了眼镜 |
[18:11] | which got me wondering about her eyesight, | 于是想到她眼睛可能不好 |
[18:13] | so I called every optometrist covered under her insurance, | 所以给她医保涵盖的所有验光师打了电话 |
[18:15] | found hers, then pretended to be a claims provider | 找到了她的验光师 假装是保险公司的 |
[18:17] | to get the receptionist to admit | 让前台承认了 |
[18:18] | she has a condition called achromatopsia. | 她有颜色识别障碍 |
[18:20] | It causes color blindness. | 会导致色盲 |
[18:21] | Step 1 — discredit the witness. | 第一步 质疑证人可信度 |
[18:24] | I might as well hand you the trophy right now, Ms. Pratt. | 真想现在就把奖杯颁发给你 普拉特女士 |
[18:27] | But I won’t. | 但我不会 |
[18:28] | Not until I see how the rest of you step up your game. | 我还想看看其他人的努力 |
[18:39] | And in other news, the search continues for Lila Stangard. | 另一方面 莱拉·斯坦格仍下落不明 |
[18:43] | Ms. Stangard, a 21-year-old student | 斯坦格女士 学生 21岁 |
[18:45] | of the Philadelphia University, has not been seen | 就读于费城大学 朋友最后一次见她 |
[18:48] | since friends saw her leaving a fraternity party | 是在本周的一个兄弟会派对上 |
[18:51] | earlier this week. | 自此下落不明 |
[19:08] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[19:14] | 法学院办公室 安娜丽丝·基廷 刑事辩护律师 | |
[19:22] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[19:27] | Professor Keating? | 基廷教授 |
[19:29] | Don’t even try. | 想都别想 |
[19:38] | Professor? | 教授 |
[19:41] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[19:42] | Get the hell out! | 快滚出去 |
[19:49] | I’m so sorry. | 实在抱歉 |
[19:51] | – Th-the door was open. – Oh, I’ll kill him. | -门没关 -我要杀了他 |
[19:55] | Why are you here? | 你来干啥 |
[19:56] | It can wait. | 其实我不急 |
[19:56] | Frank, you didn’t lock up again. | 弗兰克 你又没锁门 |
[20:03] | Speak. | 说话啊 |
[20:04] | I-I-I came across this case — | 我偶然看到这么一个案子 |
[20:06] | Commonwealth v. McGinnis — | 联邦诉麦金斯案 |
[20:07] | which says we can move for a faster verdict | 如果我们认为公诉方证据不足 |
[20:09] | if we think the prosecution’s evidence is insufficient. | 可以申请加快裁决进度 |
[20:11] | What you’re suggesting is called a “Directed Verdict.” | 你说的这叫申请直接裁决 |
[20:13] | If we ask for it and get denied, | 如果我们申请但被拒绝了 |
[20:15] | all the public will hear | 那么公众就会知道 |
[20:16] | is there’s enough evidence to convict. | 已有足够证据定罪 |
[20:17] | But you discredited the First Assistant today and — | 但你今天才让第一助理的可信度受到了质疑 |
[20:19] | You had an idea. I’m telling you it’s a bad one. | 你提出一个想法 我告诉你它不好 |
[20:21] | Good night, Seth. | 晚安 塞斯 |
[20:23] | Wes. | 是韦斯 |
[20:25] | Right. | 好的 |
[20:36] | *Dashing through the snow, in a one-horse open sleigh* | *冲破大风雪 我们坐在雪橇上* |
[20:40] | Connor, please stop. | 康纳尔 别唱了行吗 |
[20:41] | *O’er the fields we go* | *快奔驰过田野* |
[20:43] | *Laughing all the way* | *我们欢笑又歌唱* |
[20:44] | No. I like it, especially that it annoys you. | 我就爱唱 尤其是能烦到你的我更喜欢 |
[20:48] | *What fun it is to ride and sing a slaying song tonight* | *今晚滑雪真快乐 把滑雪歌儿唱* |
[20:53] | *Oh, jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way* | *叮叮当 叮叮当 铃儿响叮当* |
[20:56] | What’s all this for? | 你怎么买了这么多东西 |
[20:57] | I figured I should buy other stuff in case | 我觉得应该买点别的东西 |
[20:58] | I’m on the surveillance video. | 以防万一我被监控拍到 |
[20:59] | Why? We can just kill the store owner if we need to, right? | 干嘛 必要时我们可以直接杀掉店主啊 |
[21:02] | *Hey!* | *嘿* |
[21:02] | *Oh, jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way* | *叮叮当 叮叮当 铃儿响叮当* |
[21:07] | *Oh, what fun to kill someone and end up in jail* | *我们犯了谋杀罪 最后入狱多欢乐* |
[21:15] | Maker’s manhattan, two cherries. | 曼哈顿鸡尾酒 加两个樱桃 |
[21:19] | So, you know, your co-workers seem to want a show. | 你的同事好像在等着看好戏呢 |
[21:23] | So just say the word and we can start making out. | 要是想亲热一番的话说句话就行 |
[21:27] | Ignore them. | 别理他们 |
[21:27] | I-I just — I don’t talk to guys at bars that often. | 我 一般不和酒吧的人搭话 |
[21:31] | So, let me guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[21:33] | You guys all work in the advertising agency upstairs? | 你们是楼上那家广告公司的员工吧 |
[21:36] | Is it that obvious? | 这么明显吗 |
[21:37] | I work in the bank across the street, | 我在对面那家银行工作 |
[21:39] | and the only hot guys that ever come in here | 会去我们那儿的帅哥 |
[21:41] | are from your agency. | 都是你们公司的人 |
[21:44] | Hot? | 帅 |
[21:47] | I don’t work in the cool part of the company, | 我的工作可一点都不酷 |
[21:48] | if that’s what you’re thinking. | 如果你是这么认为的话 |
[21:49] | I’m in I.T. | 我是I.T部门的 |
[21:51] | I.T I.T.? | |
[21:52] | No, I-I think I.T.’s very cool. | 不 我觉得I.T很酷啊 |
[21:58] | – Can I ask you something? – Yeah. | -能问你个问题吗 -当然 |
[22:00] | Did you know that secretary | 你认识那个试图用阿司匹林 |
[22:02] | that tried to kill her boss with an aspirin? | 谋杀自己上司的秘书吗 |
[22:05] | The legal department warned us not to talk about that. | 法律部警告我们说不要谈论此事 |
[22:09] | Right. | 明白了 |
[22:10] | Sorry I asked. | 很抱歉我问起了 |
[22:17] | Uh, okay, but no one can know I told you this. | 好吧 但你不能告诉别人这是我说的 |
[22:25] | How’d you get this? | 你怎么弄到这个的 |
[22:28] | I thought — I thought all you wanted from me | 我以为 你想从我这儿弄到的只有 |
[22:30] | were those e-mails. | 那些邮件呢 |
[22:35] | I did. But I want this, too. | 没错 但我也想要这个 |
[22:37] | Turn over. | 转过去 |
[22:44] | It wasn’t exactly legal, is the point. | 反正不大合法 |
[22:48] | Then we just have to get creative. | 有创造力也是好事 |
[22:51] | Bonnie! | 邦尼 |
[22:54] | Mr. Bryant, | 布莱恩特先生 |
[22:55] | you and your business partner, Mr. Kaufman, | 你和你的生意伙伴考夫曼先生 |
[22:57] | had a meeting in his office | 在发生意外的那个早晨 |
[22:59] | on the morning of the accident, correct? | 在他的办公室开了个会 对吗 |
[23:02] | Yes. To discuss moving Gina to accounting. | 对 为了讨论把吉娜调去会计部的事 |
[23:04] | So to avoid any possible sexual-harassment lawsuit? | 以避免任何可能的性骚扰诉讼 |
[23:07] | That’s correct. | 没错 |
[23:08] | Will you please read this e-mail that you wrote to Mr. Kaufman? | 请朗读一下你发给考夫曼先生的邮件好吗 |
[23:11] | “Dear Arthur, consider this my official request | “亲爱的亚瑟 现正式要求你 |
[23:14] | “that you step down as C.E.O. | “辞去总裁一职 |
[23:16] | “I’ve warned you about having sexual relations | “我提醒过你不要 |
[23:18] | “with employees of this company –“ | “和本公司的员工发生性关系” |
[23:19] | Your Honor, this e-mail was not part of the discovery file. | 法官大人 这封邮件并不在取证文件里 |
[23:22] | – Is this true? – I thought it was. | -是吗 -我以为在的 |
[23:24] | Although my associate | 不过我的助理 |
[23:25] | is more familiar with the paperwork on this case. | 更熟悉本案的相关文件 |
[23:28] | – Bonnie? – Oh, my God. | -邦尼 -我的上帝啊 |
[23:30] | – I found the e-mail in the files given to us – What? | -我是在当事人上一任律师 -怎么了 |
[23:31] | by our client’s previous attorney, Your Honor. | 给我们的文档里发现它的 法官大人 |
[23:33] | I just assumed it was part of the discovery file. | 所以我以为它也在取证文件里 |
[23:36] | It wasn’t, which means it was obviously obtained illegally. | 但它不在 说明它是靠非法手段获取的 |
[23:39] | Enough. | 够了 |
[23:41] | Did you write this e-mail, Mr. Bryant? | 这封邮件是你写的吗 布莱恩特先生 |
[23:43] | Yes. | 是的 |
[23:44] | Then I have to side with the defense here. | 那么我得站在辩护律师这一方了 |
[23:46] | – The e-mail’s admissible. – Your Honor! | -邮件允许使用 -法官大人 |
[23:47] | I’ve made my decision, Mr. Williams. | 我已经决定了 威廉姆斯先生 |
[23:50] | Mr. Bryant, as stated in the e-mail, | 布莱恩特先生 正如邮件中陈述的 |
[23:53] | you were angry at Mr. Kaufman for taking part | 你因为考夫曼先生和员工 |
[23:55] | in a sexual relationship with an employee. | 发生性关系而生气 |
[23:58] | I was frustrated, yes. | 我确实很不满 |
[23:59] | So frustrated that perhaps you swapped | 不满到把他的降血压药 |
[24:02] | his blood-pressure pill for an aspirin | 换成阿司匹林 |
[24:04] | in order to gain sole ownership of the company? | 以获得对公司的独有权吗 |
[24:06] | – Objection! – Withdrawn. | -反对 -我收回 |
[24:08] | No further questions. | 没有问题了 |
[24:11] | We did well today, | 今天干得不错 |
[24:12] | No doubt due to Mr. Walsh’s hard work last night. | 当然要归功于沃什先生昨晚的努力 |
[24:15] | I’ll be at the Dean’s cocktail party | 我要去参加院长的鸡尾酒会 |
[24:16] | if you find anything before tomorrow. | 明天前如果你们有新发现可以来找我 |
[24:18] | How’d you get that e-mail? | 你怎么弄到那封邮件的 |
[24:19] | Yeah, bro, for reals. | 就是 哥们儿 说真的 |
[24:23] | I don’t kiss and tell. | 我不会说的 |
[24:26] | What the hell does that mean? | 什么意思啊 |
[24:28] | Where are you going? Where are you going? | 你去哪 你去哪 |
[24:31] | Arthur. | 亚瑟 |
[24:32] | Don’t — don’t go! | 别 别走 |
[24:32] | It’s just the restroom, sweetie. | 我只是去一下洗手间 亲爱的 |
[24:33] | – Don’t go. Don’t go. – It’s just the restroom, sweetie. | -别走 -只是去洗手间 亲爱的 |
[24:35] | Shh, shh, shh. I’ll be right back. | 乖 我马上就回来 |
[25:22] | It’s about the both of us. Don’t you get that? | 这是我们两个人的事 你懂不懂 |
[25:23] | Griffin, stop! | 格里芬 够了 |
[25:24] | This happened, so get your head out of your ass! | 事情已经这样了 面对现实吧 |
[25:26] | Stop yelling! | 别嚷了 |
[25:36] | Do you need help? | 需要帮助吗 |
[25:37] | It’s fine. | 没事 |
[25:39] | It’s not a big deal. | 没关系的 |
[25:40] | Get out of my apartment! | 滚出去 |
[25:56] | First year is the worst, no doubt. | 第一年总是最糟的 毫无疑问 |
[26:00] | Just put your head down, do the work, | 埋头做事就好 |
[26:02] | and try not to take it so seriously. | 尽量不要想太多 |
[26:04] | Okay, no offense, man, but, obviously, | 好吧 无意冒犯 但是显然 |
[26:05] | you never went to law school. | 你没上过法学院 |
[26:07] | This place is a dogfight 24/7. | 这里的混战可是全年无休 |
[26:10] | And only the big dog get the bone. | 只有最强的人才能尝到甜头 |
[26:13] | Fine. You’re on to me. | 好吧 你看透我了 |
[26:15] | I’m a psychology professor. | 其实我是心理学教授 |
[26:16] | But before you lose all respect for me, | 但在你们不再尊敬我之前 |
[26:19] | you should know that I work with the firm sometimes. | 让我告诉你们 我有时也会和律所合作 |
[26:22] | And you? You are? | 你 你是… |
[26:23] | Wes. He’s in your wife’s class, too. | 韦斯 他也是你妻子班上的 |
[26:25] | Ah. Sam. | 我是山姆 |
[26:26] | How’s it going so far? | 目前感觉怎么样 |
[26:27] | Has she gone full terrorist on you yet or no? | 她有没有让你觉得很恐怖 |
[26:31] | I’m sorry. Who’s your wife? | 抱歉 哪位是您的妻子 |
[26:32] | Professor Keating. | 基廷教授 |
[26:36] | There she is. | 她来了 |
[26:37] | Let me guess — your ears were burning? | 让我猜猜 你的耳根都烧起来了吧 |
[26:38] | – Should they be? – Don’t worry. | -会吗 -别担心 |
[26:40] | I didn’t spill any secrets. | 我没有泄露任何秘密 |
[26:42] | Well, not yet, at least. | 至少目前还没 |
[26:46] | To first year. | 敬头一年 |
[27:03] | They’re totally wondering where we went right now. | 他们现在肯定在想我们跑哪儿去了 |
[27:06] | No way. | 不会的 |
[27:08] | Over here. | 这边 |
[27:16] | Flashlight. | 关上手电 |
[27:19] | Jen cannot find out about this, okay? | 不能让珍知道 好吗 |
[27:20] | – Deal. – Okay. | -好吧 -来 |
[27:27] | What was that? | 怎么回事 |
[27:35] | Hey! Who’s there? | 谁在那 |
[27:39] | Can we go? | 我们走吧 |
[27:49] | Why is Frank calling you? | 弗兰克为什么给你打电话 |
[27:51] | What? | 什么 |
[27:51] | I saw your phone, Laurel. | 我看到你的来电显示了 劳拉 |
[27:53] | What the hell’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[28:00] | I only saw them together for a second, I know, | 我知道我只看到了那一眼 |
[28:03] | but — well, it makes sense | 但是 这能说得通 |
[28:05] | a wife gets so tired of her husband cheating | 一个妻子受够了丈夫的不忠 |
[28:07] | that she teams up with his mistress for revenge. | 而与丈夫的情妇联合起来报复 |
[28:13] | Fine. Say you’re right. | 好吧 就算你说得对 |
[28:14] | What do you expect us to do about it? | 你想要我们怎么做 |
[28:16] | Put you on the stand so the jury definitely has enough evidence | 让你出庭作证 让陪审团有足够的证据 |
[28:19] | – to convict Gina? – No. Obviously not. | -判吉娜有罪吗 -不 显然不是 |
[28:21] | I-I just… | 我 我只是 |
[28:26] | You already knew. | 你早就知道了 |
[28:30] | I didn’t say that. | 我可没说 |
[28:33] | Right. | 是啊 |
[28:36] | Because then you’d actually be admitting, out loud, | 因为显然 那样做就等于承认 |
[28:38] | to defending a guilty client. | 自己的当事人有罪了 |
[28:39] | And who really has time to deal | 谁又有闲工夫去管 |
[28:41] | with the moral repercussions of that? | 道德影响呢 |
[28:44] | Brown, right? | 布朗 是吧 |
[28:46] | Or was it Smith? Berkeley? | 还是史密斯 或者是伯克利 |
[28:50] | Brown. | 是布朗 |
[28:50] | What? You read my application or something? | 怎么 你看了我的申请还是怎么的 |
[28:52] | Just a guess. We get a lot of you around here. | 我猜的 这里有很多像你一样的人 |
[28:55] | Smart, idealistic girls who come to law school | 聪明的 理想主义的姑娘 来上法学院 |
[28:58] | to help the less fortunate. | 想要帮助不幸的人 |
[29:00] | Only to take a corporate job after graduation, | 可毕业之后都去了大公司工作 |
[29:02] | which they then quit the second they get pregnant | 怀孕之后又立刻辞职 |
[29:04] | ’cause they’d rather stay home. | 因为他们宁愿待在家里 |
[29:06] | For the child, of course. | 当然 是为了孩子 |
[29:09] | You’re a misogynistic ass. | 你是个歧视女性的混蛋 |
[29:15] | Stop…screwing… the students. | 不要 再招惹 学生了 |
[29:31] | I’m not going to say anything. | 我不会说的 |
[29:32] | Honestly, the fact that I even saw that was my — | 真的 看到这件事已经让我… |
[29:34] | Stop. | 住口 |
[29:38] | I need to apologize. | 我要向你道歉 |
[29:52] | My husband and I have been talking | 我丈夫和我 |
[29:56] | about having a baby for a long time now. | 讨论生孩子的事很久了 |
[30:00] | And I hate making excuses, | 我不想找借口 |
[30:01] | but it’s put a lot of pressure on us and our marriage. | 但那给我们和我们的婚姻带来很大压力 |
[30:08] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[30:12] | Oh, God, I just… | 天啊 我只是 |
[30:14] | I’m totally making — making it worse. | 我把事情弄得更糟了 |
[30:18] | Forgive me. | 原谅我 |
[30:24] | Thank you for keeping this between us. Hmm? | 谢谢你保守这个秘密 |
[30:31] | Of course. | 当然 |
[30:34] | I’ll just… | 我要… |
[30:40] | …go. | 走了 |
[31:18] | If Lila were here, | 如果莱拉在这里 |
[31:20] | I know she’d want to thank everyone for their support. | 我知道她会感谢所有人的支持 |
[31:22] | That was star Middleton | 这是米德尔顿法学院的 |
[31:23] | quarterback Griffin O’Reilly | 明星四分卫格里芬·奥莱利 |
[31:25] | speaking tonight at a vigil | 今晚在他女友莱拉·斯坦格的 |
[31:27] | held for his girlfriend, Lila Stangard. | 守夜上的致辞 |
[31:29] | Sam! | 山姆 |
[31:29] | – Hey, guys. – Hey. | -你们好 -你好 |
[31:32] | Hey. | 你好 |
[31:33] | How was Yale? | 耶鲁怎么样 |
[31:34] | Let me guess — they loved you, right? | 让我猜猜 他们一定很爱你吧 |
[31:36] | Offered you the whole department? | 有没有说让你去管整个系 |
[31:37] | They’re just early talks. | 现在只是初步谈话而已 |
[31:38] | No one’s moving anywhere yet. | 还没谈到调工作的事呢 |
[31:40] | All right. I’m heading to bed. You coming? | 好吧 我要睡觉了 你睡吗 |
[31:43] | I’ve missed you. | 我想死你了 |
[31:45] | I’ll be up soon. | 我一会儿就上去 |
[32:13] | Uh, that’s just to say sorry for tonight | 我只是想为今晚的事 |
[32:15] | and then the night before that. | 以及前一晚的事道歉 |
[32:18] | I stole it from the bar I work at, | 我是从我打工的酒吧偷来的 |
[32:19] | so don’t actually think I’m that nice. | 所以不要以为我有多友善 |
[32:20] | I’ve heard the music you listen to. | 我听到过你听的音乐 |
[32:22] | I never thought you were nice. | 我从来没觉得你会多友善 |
[32:28] | 欢迎入住 丽贝卡 | |
[32:30] | Rebecca. | 丽贝卡 |
[32:33] | Should we open it, maybe? | 我们把它打开吧 怎么样 |
[32:36] | I kind of had a weird night. | 今晚我过得有点不对劲 |
[32:39] | Could use a drink… or ten. | 正需要喝上一杯 或是十杯 |
[32:45] | I can’t tonight. | 我今晚不行 |
[32:47] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[32:52] | So, you got the footage | 那么 你是什么时候 |
[32:54] | from the convenience store when, Detective Gill? | 拿到便利店监控录像的 吉尔警探 |
[32:57] | It was two nights ago. | 是两天前 |
[32:59] | Uh, th-the store owner had | 便利店店主在新闻里 |
[33:00] | seen the defendant’s picture on the news, | 看到了被告的照片 |
[33:02] | so he went through his old surveillance tapes | 于是他就翻了以前的监控录像带 |
[33:05] | and just found this footage. | 找到了这段录像 |
[33:08] | Footage that I will now play for everyone. | 我现在就给大家播放一下这段录像 |
[33:19] | There. | 就是那里 |
[33:21] | The night before the murder attempt, | 在谋杀未遂的前一天晚上 |
[33:25] | Ms. Sadowski bought… | 萨多斯基女士买了… |
[33:27] | what does it say on that label, Detective Gill? | 那标签上写的是什么 吉尔警探 |
[33:30] | Uh, uh, Soloxacore. | 索拉科萨克 |
[33:31] | It’s a brand of aspirin. | 这是一个阿司匹林的牌子 |
[33:37] | You had one job! | 你只需要做一件事 |
[33:38] | To let us know what bodies we needed to bury! | 那就是让我们知道要抹掉哪些不利证据 |
[33:40] | Texts, calls, anything we needed to destroy. | 短信 电话 我们需要销毁的一切 |
[33:42] | And you didn’t. So guess what! | 但你没有做到 你猜现在怎样 |
[33:44] | Guess what! | 你猜啊 |
[33:46] | You go to jail, | 你会进监狱 |
[33:48] | and I’m the shoddy lawyer who put you there! | 而我却成了那个害你进监狱的烂货律师 |
[33:50] | I had a headache! It isn’t — | 我只是头疼而已 那不是… |
[33:51] | Stop lying! | 不要再狡辩了 |
[33:55] | Get out. | 出去 |
[33:56] | I can’t think with you here. | 你在这里妨碍我思考 |
[34:04] | She’s not wrong, Annalise. | 她并没有错 安娜丽丝 |
[34:05] | It’s aspirin. We all buy it. | 那只是阿司匹林而已 我们都会买的 |
[34:07] | What about you, Frank? | 你又是怎么回事 弗兰克 |
[34:08] | What slutty undergrad spread her legs | 这次又是哪个本科小婊子勾引了你 |
[34:09] | and made you forget your job this time?! | 让你忘记了你的本职工作 |
[34:10] | Hey, I grilled Gina the minute we got this case. | 我可是一拿到案子就详细问过吉娜了 |
[34:14] | She chose not to tell me this | 是她不告诉我 |
[34:15] | because, well, that’s obvious, isn’t it? | 因为…很明显 不是吗 |
[34:20] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[34:21] | It won’t happen again. | 这事不会再发生了 |
[34:23] | But don’t worry. We can fix this. | 别担心 我们能搞定的 |
[34:24] | “We”? No, I’ll fix it. | “我们” 是我会搞定的 |
[34:26] | You stay here, collect a paycheck. | 你在这呆着 领你的薪水 |
[34:30] | I’d like to call our first witness to the stand. | 我要传唤我们的第一位证人出庭 |
[34:33] | Detective Nate Lahey. | 内特·勒西警探 |
[34:39] | Who’s that? | 那是谁啊 |
[34:40] | No idea. | 不知道啊 |
[34:47] | Professor. | 教授 |
[34:50] | Get the hell out! | 快滚出去 |
[34:53] | What the hell is this? | 这是怎么回事 |
[35:04] | Where were you two nights ago, Detective? | 两天前的晚上你在哪里 警探 |
[35:06] | What? | 什么 |
[35:08] | Two nights ago, when Detective Gill | 两天前的晚上 也就是吉尔警探 |
[35:11] | acquired the video | 拿到那段 |
[35:12] | that supposedly incriminates my client — | 让我的当事人看起来有罪的录像的时候 |
[35:15] | weren’t you supposed to be working at the precinct | 你作为他的直接上级 难道不是应该 |
[35:17] | as his direct supervisor? | 也在那一片辖区工作吗 |
[35:23] | I was. | 应该是这样 |
[35:24] | And were you there? | 那么你当时在那里吗 |
[35:29] | Please answer the question, Detective. | 请回答问题 警探 |
[35:31] | No. | 不在 |
[35:34] | I was not. | 我不在那里 |
[35:36] | Where were you, then? | 那么你在哪里呢 |
[35:38] | Home, perhaps? | 或许 是在家吗 |
[35:39] | Taking care of your wife? | 在照顾你妻子吗 |
[35:42] | I hear she’s recently been diagnosed with cancer. | 我听说她最近刚被诊断出了癌症 |
[35:47] | I was at a friend’s. | 我在一个朋友那里 |
[35:50] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:52] | I only ask because there’s something I find strange | 我这么问是因为我对这段录像的 |
[35:55] | about the chain of custody on this video. | 监管链感到有些奇怪 |
[35:57] | Detective Gill testified that he received the video | 吉尔警探作证说 他在晚上八点 |
[36:00] | from the store owner at 8:00 p.m. | 从店主那里拿到了这份录像 |
[36:04] | But the logs say he didn’t log it into custody | 但记录上说 他直到凌晨两点零九分 |
[36:06] | until 2:09 a.m. | 才将它记录在案 |
[36:09] | Don’t you find that time gap odd? | 你不觉得中间间隔有些奇怪吗 |
[36:11] | Sometimes it takes us a while | 有时我们需要花不少时间 |
[36:13] | to log evidence into the computer. | 才能把证据录入电脑中 |
[36:16] | Because you’re all so busy? | 因为你们都太忙了是吗 |
[36:19] | Visiting friends and such? | 忙着拜访朋友之类的 |
[36:24] | Detective, in your 12 years | 警探 在你为费城工作 |
[36:27] | working for the city of Philadelphia, | 十二年的经历中 |
[36:28] | Have you ever known them to alter video footage | 你有没有听说过他们会 |
[36:31] | to help the prosecution get a conviction? | 篡改监控录像来帮助公诉方定罪 |
[36:33] | – Objection! – Digitally altering | -反对 -比如用数字手段 |
[36:35] | aspirin labels, for example? | 篡改阿司匹林上的标签 |
[36:36] | – Your Honor! – I’m simply asking | -法官大人 -我只是就 |
[36:38] | Detective Lahey about his personal experience | 勒西警探在自己部门的个人经历 |
[36:40] | within his department. | 进行询问 |
[36:42] | This is the last question I’ll allow. | 这是我能容忍的最后一个问题 |
[36:47] | Are you personally aware of any instances | 据你所知 在你的部门里 |
[36:51] | of doctored surveillance footage within your department? | 有没有发生过篡改监控录像的事情 |
[37:04] | Yes. | 是的 |
[37:07] | I am. | 有过 |
[37:16] | The good people of Philadelphia saw justice prevail today. | 费城人民今天见证了正义得以伸张的一刻 |
[37:20] | Ms. Sadowski was a victim here, | 萨多斯基女士是一位受害者 |
[37:22] | scapegoated by a desperate, | 一个被不堪重负的地区检察官办公室 |
[37:24] | overworked D.A.’s office. | 在情急之下找来的替罪羔羊 |
[37:26] | And as much as we hope the police find | 尽管我们衷心希望警方能够找到 |
[37:28] | the real perpetrator of this act against Mr. Kaufman, | 毒害考夫曼先生的真凶 |
[37:31] | Ms. Sadowski is and always has been innocent, | 但萨多斯基女士一直都是无辜的 |
[37:36] | and I am so happy the jury agreed. | 而我很高兴陪审团能同意这一点 |
[37:39] | I want to be her. | 我想像她一样 |
[37:42] | Now it’s time to find out | 现在让我们来宣布 |
[37:44] | who will be joining us in our firm. | 可以加入我律所的同学名单 |
[37:48] | First, the standout in the class | 首先是表现格外突出的那位同学 |
[37:51] | and the one you should all make it your mission to destroy… | 你们都应该立志打败他 |
[38:01] | Come get your prize, Mr. Walsh. | 上来拿你的奖励吧 沃什先生 |
[38:06] | The other ones joining us will be… | 其他几位将加入我们的学生是 |
[38:09] | Asher Millstone. | 亚设·米尔斯顿 |
[38:10] | Yeah! Yes! | 太棒了 |
[38:13] | Michaela Pratt. | 米凯拉·普拉特 |
[38:14] | Oh, thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[38:15] | Laurel Castillo. | 劳拉·卡斯蒂洛 |
[38:20] | And because our workload has grown, | 由于我们的工作量增加 |
[38:22] | I decided to hire one more of you. | 我决定再多雇一个人 |
[38:25] | And that one will be… | 那就是 |
[38:30] | Wes Gibbins. | 韦斯·吉宾斯 |
[38:37] | Professor Keating! | 基廷教授 |
[38:38] | Wes. How can I help you? | 韦斯 有什么能为你效劳的 |
[38:41] | So, that detective…? | 那个警探 |
[38:43] | Is my boyfriend. Yes. | 是我男朋友 是的 |
[38:46] | I don’t want the job. | 我不想要这份工作 |
[38:47] | Not if you picked me because of that. | 如果你是因为那件事才选了我的话 |
[38:49] | “That”? | “那件事” |
[38:50] | You got him to lie on the stand. | 你让他在听证席上撒了谎 |
[38:51] | Is that why I picked you? | 我是因为这个才选你的吗 |
[38:52] | Because I thought I picked you | 我以为我选你 |
[38:53] | because your self-defense argument | 是因为你的正当防卫辩护 |
[38:55] | showed you think well on your feet. | 证明你思考很全面 |
[38:56] | But now that you exposed what you really think of yourself | 但现在你暴露了你对自己的认识 |
[38:59] | and that you really don’t believe you deserve this job — | 认为自己配不上这份工作 |
[39:01] | That’s not what I said. | 我不是这个意思 |
[39:02] | That’s exactly what you said, | 你就是这个意思 |
[39:04] | right before you accused me of illegal acts to win this case. | 然后你指责我通过违法行为打赢这场官司 |
[39:07] | We won because I did my job. | 我们能赢是因为我尽了我的职责 |
[39:12] | You think carefully. | 你要想好 |
[39:13] | Everything after this moment | 从今以后的每一件事 |
[39:14] | will not only determine your career but life. | 不仅会决定你的职业 还有生活 |
[39:18] | You can spend it in a corporate office | 你可以一辈子待在公司办公室里 |
[39:20] | drafting contracts and hitting on chubby paralegals | 起草合同 勾搭助理律师 |
[39:23] | before finally putting a gun in your mouth, | 最后吞枪自杀 |
[39:26] | or you can join my firm | 你也可以加入我的律所 |
[39:27] | and become someone you actually like. | 成为你真正喜欢的人 |
[39:31] | So decide. | 做决定吧 |
[39:32] | Do you want the job or not? | 你到底想不想要这份工作 |
[39:41] | Someone call about low water pressure? | 有人打电话说水压太低了吗 |
[39:44] | Guys! Did anybody call maintenance? | 伙计们 有人打电话叫维修工了吗 |
[39:51] | I think the water thingy’s upstairs. | 我猜水的那个什么东西在楼上 |
[40:03] | Breaking news live here in Philadelphia — | 我们在费城现场直播重大新闻 |
[40:05] | Police are confirming a woman’s body | 警方已经确认 |
[40:06] | was found inside the Kappa Kappa Theta house | 在米德尔顿校园的Θ姐妹会宿舍 |
[40:09] | on Middleton’s campus. | 找到了一具女性尸体 |
[40:12] | Griffin! | 格里芬 |
[40:14] | Look! | 快看 |
[40:15] | Whether that woman is Lila Stangard, | 目前还不能确认这具尸体 |
[40:18] | long-term girlfriend to Middleton football star | 是否就是米德尔顿橄榄球明星 |
[40:20] | Griffin O’Reilly, has not been confirmed. | 格里芬·奥莱利的女友莱拉·斯坦格 |
[40:23] | It was just days ago the star student Stangard | 数日前 优等生斯坦格 |
[40:26] | was reported missing by one of her friends at the sorority. | 在姐妹会的朋友报警称她失踪了 |
[40:29] | She was last seen attending a party | 人们最后一次见到她 |
[40:31] | at a campus fraternity. | 是在一个校园兄弟会的派对上 |
[40:33] | No witnesses saw her leave, | 没有人看到她离开 |
[40:34] | and she was not in her room the next morning. | 但第二天早上她却不在自己的房间里 |
[40:37] | The fact that she might not have been missing this entire time… | 很有可能她根本没有失踪 |
[40:40] | but rather deceased in her own home… | 而是死在自己的家里 |
[40:42] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[40:43] | is certainly going to raise many questions… | 这肯定会引起多方质疑 |
[40:44] | My student. | 我那个学生 |
[40:47] | They found her in one of those water tanks. | 他们在一个水箱里发现了她 |
[40:49] | …parked outside the home of her parents, | 就停在她父母的家门口 |
[40:51] | Stuart and Miranda Stangard, | 斯图尔特和米兰达·斯坦格夫妇 |
[40:53] | owners of billion-dollar tech company Stangard Industries. | 市值数亿的高科技公司斯坦格工业的老板 |
[40:59] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[41:02] | No, it’s just… | 没事 只是 |
[41:05] | those poor parents. | 她的父母太可怜了 |
[41:11] | I bet you the boyfriend did it. | 我敢打赌是她男朋友干的 |
[41:20] | I guess we’ll see. | 等着看吧 |
[42:14] | Okay. Last chance. | 好了 最后的机会 |
[42:16] | Either we all agree, or we stop right now. | 要么大家都同意 要么马上停手 |
[42:19] | Just do it. | 快动手吧 |
[42:20] | Before the bonfire ends. | 趁篝火还没灭掉 |
[42:25] | Michaela? | 米凯拉 |
[42:27] | It’s the only way to destroy the DNA. | 这是摧毁DNA的唯一办法 |