时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:49] | Good morning,my little furry friend. | 早上好 我的毛茸茸的小朋友 |
[01:08] | Morning.Can I help you? | 早上好 有什么可以效劳的吗? |
[01:09] | Morning.West London Dept.Of Sanitation. | 早上好 我们是西伦敦卫生部的. |
[01:11] | You’re probably aware of the rodent infestation along this block? | 你们大概知道啮齿动物在这个街区横行的事情吧? |
[01:15] | – What are you talking about? – Rats. | – 你到底想说什么? – 老鼠 |
[01:18] | They can be discreet. | 老鼠做事很谨慎 |
[01:19] | But they can damage your stock as well as spreading nasty diseases. | 它们会损坏你的库存以及传播肮脏的疾病 |
[01:22] | We don’t have any rats!Let me see some ID,please. | 我们这儿没有老鼠 请让我看看你们的证件 |
[01:34] | We’ll be fumigating till about 12:00.I’d keep out of the way till then. | 我们会熏蒸到大约12点 在这之前不能进来 |
[01:39] | And keep this to yourselves. | 还有,这事情你们自己知道就可以了 |
[01:41] | Discretion is always the best policy where business reputations are concerned. | 当关系到生意的声誉的时候 你最好三思而行 |
[01:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:56] | All right,she’ll be here any minute. | 好的 她很快就来 |
[02:00] | – Better make yourself scarce. – Yeah. | – 扮的稀罕点 – 是的 |
[02:25] | – Good morning,Miss Gates. – Morning. | – 早上好 Gates小姐 – 早上好 |
[02:29] | – Is this it,then? – Yeah. | – 是这儿吗? – 是的 |
[02:33] | Come in. | 请进 |
[02:35] | I’ll come right to the point,Mr.Pomeroy. | 我直接说重点吧,Pomeroy先生 |
[02:38] | You’re a chancer.A beautiful chancer. | 你是个投机者 一个不错的投机者 |
[02:41] | But nevertheless,you’re a furniture mover. | 但你还只是个家具搬运商 |
[02:45] | What could you possibly know about fine art? | 你对于杰出的艺术可能知道多少? |
[02:52] | Are you really going to pay 500,000 for it? | 你真的准备出500,000买这个吗? |
[02:57] | Yes,I am. | 是的 |
[03:01] | Okay,no,I’m not. | 好吧 我不准备 |
[03:03] | My ceiling’s actually 250,000… | 我的最高只能出到250,000镑 |
[03:06] | but I’m looking for a partner who can match me. | 但是我在寻找一个适合我的合伙人 |
[03:12] | You know,if this is genuine,it could be worth several million. | 你知道 如果这是真的,它会值几百万 |
[03:15] | I don’t doubt that. | 对此我没有怀疑 |
[03:17] | Right.So,we will view the painting at my gallery together. | 好的 我们一起去我的画廊看看这画 |
[03:20] | If I am satisfied,then I will consider going 50-50 with you. | 如果我感到满意 我会考虑和你五五分成 |
[03:24] | That’s incredibly generous,Miss Gates. | Gates小姐 你真是太慷慨了 |
[03:26] | I do warn you,I take some convincing. | 我警告你 我听取有信服力的 |
[03:32] | Bye. | 再见 |
[03:34] | Yes,we’re on. | 哦,太棒了,她上钩了 |
[03:41] | No,I’m staying put in Belgravia. | 不 我还在进入Berlgravia中 |
[03:43] | Nurse,for the love of God,get rid of this! | 护士 看在老天的份上 弄掉它 |
[03:48] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[03:50] | – Does that woman ever shut up? – Tell me about it. | – 那女人从不闭嘴吗? – 告诉我 |
[03:53] | What you got,Ernie? | Ernie 你有什么? |
[03:55] | – Not much. – What’s that?Nothing. | – 不多 – 那是什么?没什么 |
[04:00] | Full house.Winner takes all,mate. | 三张相同和二张相同的牌 胜者拿走全部 |
[04:03] | Listen.You might want to consider watching that tell of yours. | 听者 你或许想好好考虑注意下你的肯定 |
[04:07] | A tell is a little giveaway sign.Lets me know what you’re thinking. | 但肯定会稍稍泄漏你的牌 让我知道你在想什么 |
[04:12] | Like when you’ve got a good hand,you start clapping… | 就像当你有个好帮手之后 你开始鼓掌 |
[04:14] | and roaring with laughter.Think about it. | 然后开始大笑 想想吧 |
[04:18] | – See you. – Good luck. | – 再见 – 祝你好运 |
[04:19] | Nurse! | 护士! |
[04:24] | I don’t care what he thinks it’s worth,go to 100,000 and no more. | 我不在乎他认为价值多少 就100,000不能再多 |
[04:29] | Right,I’m taking a walk.Send the car for me. | 好的 我走过去 派辆车接我 |
[05:05] | Is that… | 这是… |
[05:06] | Rachel’s lawyer.She wants a settlement. | Rachel的律师,她要财产转让 |
[05:09] | – How much? – I guess that’s in the envelope. | – 要多少? – 我想就在这个信封里面 |
[05:13] | Gonna pay? | 准备付吗? |
[05:14] | Don’t rush me.I haven’t even decided to open it yet. | 别催我 我还没决定打开它 |
[05:18] | Come on,what’s the matter? | 快点 怎么了? |
[05:20] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:21] | Something just doesn’t feel right. | 我感觉有些不对 |
[05:24] | Mickey,there’s a man outside looking for us.Me and Ash. | Mickey 外面有个人在找我们 我和Ash |
[05:27] | Except he’s Harry and I’m Gordon. | 但是他是Harry我是Gordon |
[05:29] | – When he comes in here,tell him I’m dead. – And I’m in China. | – 他进来的时候告诉他们我死了 – 我正在中国 |
[05:36] | Look,I don’t know who you’re talking about,mate. | 瞧,我不知道你在说什么,伙计 |
[05:39] | – Do you expect me to believe that? – I’m sorry. | – 你想让我相信吗? – 对不起 |
[05:45] | Excuse me.You’re looking for Harry and Gordon. | 打搅,你在找Harry和Gordon吗 |
[05:48] | I knew I had the right place.I think I deserve a word with them. | 我知道我来对了地方 我觉得你该告诉我一声 |
[05:52] | I’m sorry,but they’re… | 对不起 但是他们 |
[05:53] | Don’t tell me.Out of the country. | 别告诉我 在国外 |
[05:55] | Marrakesh.For the trade fair. | Marrakesh 经营贸易 |
[05:57] | Well,when they get back,tell them “well done” from me. | 好 当他们回来的时候 告诉他们”做得不错” |
[06:02] | They did me good.Very clever. | 他们对我做得不错 非常聪明 |
[06:04] | If they want to see how clever they’ve been,here’s my card. | 如果他们想知道自己曾经有多聪明 这是我的名片 |
[06:15] | It was while you were inside. | 这是你还被关在里面发生的事情 |
[06:18] | Yeah,we was bored of the small fish. | 是啊,我们厌倦了小鱼小虾 |
[06:20] | We made one call from here.One ruddy call. | 我们从这儿打个电话 一个电话 |
[06:22] | And Naveen gets an itemized phone bill and he traces you. | 而Naveen会得到一个详细记录的电话账单 然后他会追踪你 |
[06:25] | That’s Chapter One,boys. | 伙计们 这就是第一步 |
[06:27] | No,it was sweet,Mickey.The rag trade,but international. | 不 听起来不错 Mickey 是贸易,但是国际性的 |
[06:30] | The Rolex,the Jag.Worked the whole thing up. | 角色,剧本,让整个事情慢慢发展起来 |
[06:33] | I looked like Rockefeller. | 我看上去像洛克菲勒 |
[06:34] | I roped in the mark,Naveen. | 我设了个套,Naveen |
[06:36] | Has a T-shirt factory. | 有一个T恤的工厂 |
[06:39] | – You did that? – Yeah. | – 你真的那么做了? – 是的 |
[06:41] | We planned on 20,000,but he wanted in for 50,000. | 我们计划20,000,但是他想要投入50,000 |
[06:45] | If we’d known he was in trouble,we would have left him alone. | 如果我们知道他有麻烦,就不会去弄他了 |
[06:48] | But he was acting the big man. | 但是他搞得像个大人物 |
[06:50] | You took money from a desperate man. | 你从一个绝望的人手中骗走了钱 |
[06:52] | Is that what we are?Muggers? | 这是我们做的吗?Muggers? |
[06:55] | We thought he could afford to be fleeced. | 我们以为他起码能满足温饱 |
[06:57] | We ripped him off in good faith. | 我们用美好的承诺麻醉了他 |
[07:00] | This explains a lot of what I’ve been feeling recently. | 这解释了不少我这两天的感受 |
[07:04] | I think we’re under a jinx. | 我觉得我们最近很倒霉 |
[07:06] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[07:08] | Why do we have codes,Ash? | Ash 我们为什么需要规定? |
[07:12] | Because it’s a decent thing. | 因为这是一件有分寸的事情 |
[07:13] | No,the decent thing is not to grift at all. | 不 诈骗根本不是一件有分寸的事情 |
[07:17] | And we have a code because bad behavior makes bad luck. | 我们有规定,因为坏举动会带来坏运气 |
[07:22] | There’s no jinx,mate. | 这没有倒霉的事情,伙计 |
[07:25] | Cut. | 切牌 |
[07:52] | Maybe we did pick the wrong mark. | 也许我们确实下错了套 |
[07:56] | But it felt so good to be the inside man again,Mickey. | 但是 Mickey 再一次成为局内人我感觉很好 |
[08:00] | You know,to feel that glow. | 你知道,去感觉那种激情 |
[08:03] | Receivers.You can practically smell them. | 破产者,你几乎已经可以嗅出来了 |
[08:08] | Rachel says I dragged her life into the gutter. | Rachel说我把她的一生拖下了水 |
[08:11] | I don’t see it that way. | 我不认为这样 |
[08:14] | But taking a desperate man for his last penny. | 但是从一个绝望的人手中拿走他的最后一便士 |
[08:19] | You always say we have to live by our decision. | 你总是说我们必须依靠自己的决定生活 |
[08:23] | And can you live with this one? | 那你能靠这个人生活吗? |
[08:39] | One bag.And that’s that. | 一个包,没别的了 |
[09:12] | It’s all right,I’m a friend of the sculptor’s. | 没什么 我是这个雕刻家的朋友 |
[09:29] | Yeah.Impressive piece. | 噢 真是令人印象深刻 |
[09:32] | Impressive use of the blobs there. | 在那儿水滴如此令人印象深刻 |
[09:37] | I wonder what compelled him. | 我在想是什么让他这么做 |
[09:41] | I think if you look at the artist’s earlier works… | 我觉得如果你看过这艺术家早期的作品 |
[09:45] | it becomes obvious. | 这个答案会显而易见 |
[09:46] | Earlier work?This is the only one. | 早期的作品?这个是他唯一的作品 |
[09:49] | He was 19 when he died. | 他19岁就死了 |
[09:52] | I was thinking more of his childhood stuff. | 我更多的是在想他儿童时期的素材 |
[09:56] | You know,some of his early pieces that he did in crayon. | 你知道 小时候他用粉笔画的一些东西 |
[10:02] | Teasing. | 搞笑 |
[10:04] | What’s it worth?20,000.I’ll think about it anyway. | 它值多少钱?20,000镑 不管怎么样我会考虑一下的 |
[10:10] | Of course,the Gates Gallery is usually viewed by appointment. | Gates画廊一般都需要预约才能来参观的 |
[10:15] | – Are you one of her inner circle? – No. | – 你是她内部圈子的人吗? – 不是 |
[10:19] | I just think that art is for everyone. | 我只是认为艺术是给大家看的 |
[10:23] | Not when everyone includes all the poor struggling dealers and buyers… | 大家不包括穷人和一般买家… |
[10:27] | – that she’s ripped off over the years. – How true. | – 不然她靠什么宰人 – 说的多真实啊 |
[10:30] | Meredith Gates likes to keep mere mortals at a safe distance. | Meredith Gates喜欢和人保持一定的距离 |
[10:34] | Dali’s sketches go for inflated prices to satisfy vanity-driven eccentrics… | Dali的作品被认为以夸张的价格满足了空虚古怪的人 |
[10:39] | with no real art appreciation. | 却没于真正的艺术评价 |
[10:41] | At least that’s what I told him before I paid him a third of their real value. | 至少在我付给他三分之一真正价值的时候这么说的 |
[10:46] | I’ve been hoping to write an article on her,maybe even an expos? | 我一直想写一篇关于她的文章 也许开一个博览会? |
[10:51] | Just look at her. | 看看她 |
[10:53] | The only reason she’s opened to the proles… | 她向大众展示的唯一原因 |
[10:55] | is because she wants maximum publicity for her new Mondrians. | 就是她想最大限度的公开她的新蒙德里安画风 |
[10:59] | – God,you’re not a friend of hers,are you? – No. | – 天啊 你不是她的朋友吧? – 不是 |
[11:04] | I am after a Mondrian myself. | 我也是一个蒙德里安的追随者 |
[11:08] | They’re just for show. | 他们正在展出 |
[11:11] | Bea Watson,art journalist. | Bea Watson 艺术记者 |
[11:14] | Daniel Pomeroy,collector. | Daniel Pomeroy 收藏家 |
[11:19] | You’re not really after a Mondrian,are you? | 你真的是蒙德里安的追随者吗? |
[11:22] | I mean,Meredith would kill for another one. | 我是说,Meredith会杀了其他人 |
[11:25] | That piece in the middle she bought for 250,000. | 中间的那幅画她花了250000买的 |
[12:08] | Right.This is Piet Mondrian. | 是的,这就是Piet Mondrian |
[12:10] | Born in Holland,1872. | 1872年 生于荷兰 |
[12:12] | These are a few of his paintings. | 这里有一些他的油画 |
[12:15] | Quite nice,but they don’t blow your bollocks off. | 很不错,但他们不会让你胡说的 |
[12:18] | Suddenly in 1909… | 突然 在1909年 |
[12:22] | in comes the hippy shit. | 嬉皮士成了主流 |
[12:23] | Few years later,this. | 几年之后 看这个 |
[12:26] | Pay attention at the back.This is for your benefit. | 注意从后面看这个 这就是我们的利益 |
[12:29] | Most people reckon that Mondrian got all fired up… | 大多数人猜想在看了毕加索的展览之后 |
[12:32] | after seeing an exhibition by Picasso… | 蒙德里安整个人勃然大怒… |
[12:34] | and that’s when he started boshing out the psychedelic trees. | 他开始对那个让人产生幻觉的树 发表滔滔不绝的评论 |
[12:38] | But there’s a mystery involved. | 但是 这里面有一个秘密 |
[12:43] | Some claim that Mondrian was playing around with abstract art… | 有些人声称Mondrian在玩抽象派 |
[12:47] | before Picasso even had a sniff. | 甚至早在毕加索之前 |
[12:50] | But because he was such an unassuming bloke… | 因为他是一个不会装腔作势的小子 |
[12:53] | he kept it to himself… | 他自己保留着那些作品 |
[12:55] | and only went public after Picasso. | 直到毕加索之后才公众于世 |
[12:59] | And do we know what that would mean,class? | 你们知道这意味着什么吗? |
[13:03] | Mondrian could’ve invented a new type of art… | 蒙德里安可能发明了一种新的艺术 |
[13:12] | Give that man an A-plus. | 你答得不错 |
[13:14] | All right,so you’ve been to an art gallery and read a book. | 好吧,你去过一个艺术画廊也读了些书 |
[13:18] | What’s all this got to do with six figures? | 但是这跟些有什么关系呢? |
[13:20] | Well,suppose the mystery was solved. | 很好 假设这个秘密已经解决了 |
[13:24] | Supposing a painting was discovered that was dated,say,1902 or 1903… | 假设一幅画被发现 然后绘画的日期是1902或者1903 |
[13:29] | – before Picasso invented… – Cubism. | – 在毕加索发明… – 立体派 |
[13:33] | Before Picasso invented Cubism. | 在毕加索发明立体派之前 |
[13:35] | And say this painting was a Mondrian… | 说这个画是蒙德里安的… |
[13:39] | it would turn art history on its head. | 它会改变艺术史 |
[13:42] | Exactly.And it’s not like we gotta give them the Mona Lisa. | 确切的说 这就像我们给他们 蒙娜丽莎一样 |
[13:45] | We’ve got the mark,okay?Meredith Gates. | 我们有目标了 知道吗?Meredith Gates |
[13:48] | We’ve got the bait:Mondrian. | 我们诱饵也有了 蒙德里安 |
[13:50] | We fake the right painting,and all we gotta tell her… | 我们仿造一幅画 然后告诉她… |
[13:55] | is how many noughts to put on the check. | 要有多少个零写在她的支票上 |
[14:03] | Let’s take a walk. | 我们出去走下 |
[14:11] | Have you heard of Icarus? | 你听说过以伊卡洛斯吗? |
[14:14] | ‘Course I have.He’s a Bond villain,ain’t he? | 当然了,邦德的反派,对吧? |
[14:18] | Icarus flew too close to the sun and got burnt. | 伊卡洛斯朝太阳飞的太近了然后被烧着了 |
[14:21] | Well,Mickey,guys like me don’t get burnt. | 很好 Mickey 像我这样的人不会引火烧身的 |
[14:24] | We get tanned. | 我们只会被晒黑 |
[14:26] | And what if we’re jinxed? | 如果我们倒霉呢? |
[14:27] | You talking about the grifter’s jinx? | 你是说骗子的倒霉吗? |
[14:29] | Albert getting strapped by that gangster,then you picking up an extra bullet. | Albert被强盗报答,然后你又赚到了一个子弹 |
[14:33] | You know,we’re not accountants,are we? | 你知道 我们不是会计师 是吧? |
[14:35] | Shit happens. | 这只是该死巧合 |
[14:36] | No,it’s a bad vibe.I can feel it,and it’s right on our heads. | 不 这是个坏的预兆 我可以感觉到 它正在我们的头上 |
[14:44] | I’ve told you before,boys,Lara Croft is never gonna reply. | 我以前告诉过你,伙计 Lara Croft从来不会答复 |
[14:47] | No,this is a website for art dealers and antique buffs to swap stories. | 不 这是一个为艺术商人和古董商的交易网站 |
[14:51] | I’m running an e-mail conversation with meself. | 我正在用E-mail和我自己会谈 |
[14:55] | In Dutch. | 在荷兰 |
[14:56] | So what are your two fictional Dutchmen talking about? | 那么你那两个虚构的荷兰人在谈论什么? |
[15:04] | Mickey said no. | Mikcey 说过不要 |
[15:06] | I know.We got two art dealers gossiping about this new painting. | 我知道 我们有两个艺术商人在谈论这个新画 |
[15:11] | One guy says to the other one,”Keep this to yourself.” | 一个人对另外一个人说 “留着它对你有好处” |
[15:15] | Now if that don’t create a buzz,nothing will,will it? | 那么如果它不能引起点波澜 什么都不是呢? |
[15:18] | So you wanna draw Meredith Gates into this? | 你想把Meredith Gates引到这里来? |
[15:20] | If word gets to her that there’s this mysterious new Mondrian out there… | 如果说有神秘的蒙德里安的新作 传到她的耳中 |
[15:24] | then suddenly it’ll be a lot better for us. | 就对我们有利了 |
[15:27] | Marks are so much softer when they think they’re the ones doing the running. | 他们以为有人在背后操纵的线索是很模糊的 |
[15:31] | And you think this will persuade Mickey to go along with it? | 你认为这样会说服Mikcey也参与吗? |
[15:34] | There’s no jinx. | 根本没有什么坏运气 |
[15:36] | When we pull this one off he’ll see that. | 当我们把它完成后他会发现的 |
[15:39] | He’ll need a lot of persuading. | 他需要被说服 |
[15:42] | I know he will. | 我知道他会的 |
[15:44] | That’s why I’m working on it. | 这就是我为什么在做这件事 |
[16:25] | Mr.Hook. | Hook先生 |
[16:27] | – Sorry to keep you waiting. – Not at all. | – 不好意思 让你久等了 – 没关系 |
[16:29] | And this must be… | 这个一定就是… |
[16:30] | Jeremiah Hook.Bea Watson,art journalist. | Jeremiah Hook.Bea Watson 艺术专栏记者 |
[16:34] | I’m not entirely sure why I’m here,Mr.Hook. | Hook先生,我也不知道我为什么到这里 |
[16:37] | Don’t tell me you’re here under false pretenses. | 不要告诉我你来这里是一个错误 |
[16:40] | – There you go.I took the liberty. – Yes,you did. | – 酒来了 我随便喝了 – 当然 |
[16:43] | I can’t stay long. | 我不能久留 |
[16:45] | I’ve got a piece to deliver to Art World magazine and I can’t upset the editor. | 我还有个作品要交给 艺术世界 杂志 我不能让编辑焦虑 |
[16:49] | Okay,let’s cut straight to the chase. | 好的 让我们开门见山吧 |
[16:51] | Mr.Hook is an international antiques dealer. | Hook先生是一个国际古董商人 |
[16:55] | He’s recently come into possession of a small oil. | 他最近得到了一小幅油画 |
[16:58] | What sort of oil? | 什么种类的油画? |
[17:00] | Well,it was signed by Piet Mondrian,dated 1902. | 署名是P.蒙德里安 日期是1902年 |
[17:05] | There’s a buzz about a new work on the Internet. | 它在英特网上关于这个作品有些言论 |
[17:08] | Can I see it? | 我能看看吗? |
[17:10] | Do you have it here in town? | 你把它带过来了吗? |
[17:13] | What you could do for us,Bea,is authenticate it. | Bea 你能为我们做的就是鉴别它 |
[17:16] | And in return I’d give you exclusive rights. | 我们将给你独家的报道作为回报 |
[17:20] | To what? | 为了什么? |
[17:22] | I may buy this painting. | 我可能要买这幅画 |
[17:24] | It is small but it is significant. | 它虽然不大但是极富意义 |
[17:27] | I certainly could interest a few gallery publications. | 我的确能引起一些艺术出版商的兴趣 |
[17:31] | But I’m sorry,I wouldn’t describe an early Mondrian… | 抱歉 我不会去描述早期的蒙德里安 |
[17:34] | as all that significant to the wider world. | 以及它对全世界的意义 |
[17:37] | I have to go. | 我必须走了 |
[17:38] | So do I.Forget we had this meeting. | 我也是 把我们这次谈话忘记吧 |
[17:42] | There’s no story here.I’m sorry to have wasted your time. | 没什么事情了 抱歉浪费你宝贵的时间了 |
[17:48] | What do you mean,there’s no story here? | 你什么意思?这里面没有文章? |
[17:50] | – Just that. – Actually… | – 就这样 – 事实上… |
[17:53] | – there is a story. – Actually,there isn’t a story. | – 这里有文章 – 事实上 根本没有 |
[17:59] | It’s more than just a regular landscape,isn’t it? | 它要远远超出一个正常油画的意义 是不是? |
[18:01] | Of course not.1902?No. | 当然不是 1902年?不 |
[18:04] | All right,Mr.Hook. | 好吧 Hook先生 |
[18:08] | If you change your mind… | 如果你改变了主意 |
[18:12] | Sorry.I really have to go. | 对不起 我必须走了 |
[18:16] | – Bye. – Bye-bye. | – 再见 – 再见 |
[18:19] | Hello. | 你好 |
[18:23] | How did you know I’d turn up? | 你怎么知道我会出现? |
[18:24] | Because I scented the invite. | 因为留下了线索 |
[18:28] | Did you have to go and gut the whole plan like a kipper? | 你真的撇下这个计划离开吗? |
[18:33] | Did you not just see what happened there? | 你难道没有意识到刚才发生的事情吗? |
[18:36] | Waiter. | 服务员 |
[18:37] | She wasn’t interested until she thought that I wasn’t interested. | 在她认为我不感兴趣之前她不会感兴趣的 |
[18:40] | Now she’s intrigued. | 现在 她有兴趣了 |
[18:45] | Sorry,we can’t drink this.It’s sour. | 对不起 我们不能喝这个,它发酸了 |
[18:54] | Remember,Tip Jones is the best forger in the business… | 记住 Tip Jones是业界最好的伪造者 |
[18:57] | but I trust him about as far as I can throw a horsebox. | 但是我不会相信他的 |
[18:59] | He plays mind games.He’ll have you chasing your own tail. | 他在玩心理游戏 他会让你徒劳无获 |
[19:02] | He’s got a brain like a steel trap. | 他总想办法骗你 |
[19:08] | There we go. | 好了 |
[19:15] | Well,you hear about people reacting badly to anesthetic,don’t you? | 你听说过人们对麻醉剂的反映总是这么糟糕,是吧? |
[19:19] | Hernia op. | 疝气 |
[19:22] | Bloody tragic. | 真是悲惨 |
[19:27] | I’m Mickey Stone. | 我是Mickey Stone |
[19:31] | – We’re out of here. – Wait. | – 我们走吧 – 等下 |
[19:34] | What for? | 干什么? |
[19:36] | If we stay any longer,he’s gonna sing I’m a Little Teapot… | 如果我们再呆一会儿的话 他会开始唱”我是个小茶壶…” |
[19:40] | and he’s gonna poop in his hand. | 然后他会挥动他的手 |
[19:43] | The show is over,Tip. | Tip 表演结束了 |
[19:45] | We’re here on serious business. | 我们要做笔大买卖 |
[19:48] | If you do this job right,you’re in for 100,000. | 如果你做得好的话 你会得到10万镑 |
[19:53] | So stop playing silly buggers. | 停止玩这恶心的游戏 |
[19:56] | 150,000.Take it or leave it. | 15万,要不就走人 |
[20:03] | …belonged to the Venus de Milo. | 这个是维纳斯的 |
[20:05] | Going out to Texas next week. | 下周就去德州 |
[20:08] | So this gallery owner’s trying to get me on a forgery rap. | 这个画廊的拥有者想让我 得到伪造的罪名 |
[20:11] | Forgery?Moi? | 伪造罪?Moi? |
[20:13] | I don’t forge,I clone. | 我从不伪造 我克隆 |
[20:16] | Anyhow,the whole trial’s redundant if I can’t stand. | 不管怎么样 如果我不能站起来的话 那就没有审讯了 |
[20:19] | Hence the performance. | 因此要表演一下 |
[20:22] | So what do you think of this Mondrian scam? | 那你认为蒙德里安的故事怎么样? |
[20:25] | Pre-Picasso.Very cute. | Picasso之前 真是聪明 |
[20:28] | Total cobblers,of course.You wouldn’t fool Saatchi’s pet gerbil. | 自然 三个臭皮匠 你不可能愚弄Saatchi的宠物沙鼠 |
[20:31] | But I thought you were good. | 但是我认为你很厉害 |
[20:34] | Forgeries are generally sold to wealthy idiots. | 伪造品通常卖给那些富有的傻瓜 |
[20:37] | Movie stars,Japanese fishing barons who never bother… | 电影明星 日本渔民 |
[20:40] | to get them checked out. | 那些人从来不会为付账烦恼 |
[20:42] | You want to flog a fake Mondrian to Meredith Gates… | 但是你想用一个假冒的蒙德里安的作品去欺骗Meredith Gates |
[20:45] | a leading Mondrian collector. | 一个蒙德里安作品主要的收集者 |
[20:47] | Okay.What do you need? | 好的 你要什么? |
[20:50] | A dozen Italian horsehair brushes,sizes 4 to 9. | 一打意大利马毛刷子 大小是4-9号 |
[20:54] | Reconstituted canvas circa the period. | 有一定时间的再造帆布 |
[20:57] | Not that that will get us around the carbon-dating. | 它能让我们在碳同位素测年法中达到 我们想要的时期 |
[21:00] | Yes,and an original. | 是的 还要个原作 |
[21:02] | Come on.We can get you a print. | 得了吧 我们可以给你个出版物 |
[21:04] | I got pictures in books. | 我可以从书里面看到 |
[21:06] | I need to smell,caress,taste. | 我需要去闻 去抚摸 去体验 |
[21:10] | I need a real Mondrian sitting beside me. | 我需要一个真的蒙德里安在我身边 |
[21:13] | After all,you’re talking about originating a new piece. | 毕竟 你们在说创造一副新画 |
[21:17] | This has to be perfect. | 这必须达到天衣无缝 |
[22:08] | Hold on.Calm down. | 拿着它 冷静点 |
[22:10] | Can you hold on to that,please? | 麻烦一下 你能拿着它吧? |
[22:11] | – Sit there. – That was a shambles. | – 坐这儿 – 真是个混乱的地方 |
[22:14] | Now get me Miss Gates.I need to speak with her at once. | 把Gates小姐叫来 我要马上和她说话 |
[22:17] | What?She’s in Bristol. | 什么?她在布里斯托尔 |
[22:19] | Well,get her on the phone. | 那好,给她打电话 |
[22:22] | A man walks into your gallery and lifts a valuable painting off the wall. | 一个人走进你的画廊然后从墙上拿起了你价值不菲的画 |
[22:26] | Why wasn’t it bolted down?Where’s your laser protection? | 为什么它没有被拴上?你们的激光保护呢? |
[22:28] | I’ve seen garden centers with better security. | 据我所知花园都比你们的安全措施要好 |
[22:30] | – There’s the cameras… – What’s the downtime on the Mondrians? | – 那儿有摄像机… – 如果停电怎么办? |
[22:34] | Those paintings must be out of shot for,what,30 seconds? | 这些画肯定是目标 怎么样 30秒钟? |
[22:36] | Only 20,as it goes. | 只要20秒 它就不见了 |
[22:40] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[22:41] | Debonair Security Assessments.As you may be aware… | Debonair安全评估 就像你所意识到的 |
[22:44] | there’s been some recent theft attempts on London galleries. | 最近有一些盗贼对于伦敦的画廊有所企图 |
[22:47] | The Arts Council asked us to check what measures you have in place… | 艺术理事会要求我们检查你们有什么措施 |
[22:50] | for insurance purposes. | 为了保护这些艺术品 |
[22:51] | We have the X-ray machines,and all the frames are tagged. | 我们有X光仪器 所有的画框都被做了记号 |
[22:55] | You don’t tag the canvases? | 你们不在帆布上做记号? |
[22:56] | No.Miss Gates’ instructions.No one tampers with the paintings. | 不 Gates小姐的命令,没人可以去动油画 |
[23:01] | Look,I think I’d better call Miss Gates. | 听着 我想我最好和Gates小姐通下电话 |
[23:04] | Yeah,recall her from Bristol early. | 好的 早点把她从布里斯托叫回来 |
[23:07] | She won’t be annoyed,will she? | 她不会生气 是吗? |
[23:15] | Just tell me one thing. | 只要告诉我一件事情 |
[23:17] | We did all right,didn’t we? | 我们会做好的 不是吗? |
[23:20] | Gents,it is not often that a Debonair assessor is impressed… | 绅士们 我们Debonair的评估员对你们 的合作印象很深 |
[23:25] | but this one just learnt the meaning of the word “humility.” | 但是 从你们那里我们 知道了 谦卑 的真正含义 |
[23:34] | Here’s the period canvas you asked for. | 这个就是你要的那个时期的画布 |
[23:38] | This is for you. | 这个给你 |
[23:39] | It won’t pass close scrutiny but it should do the job for the swap. | 它不能被仔细地去审查 但是他起码暂时可以去替换一下 |
[23:44] | Good.I’ll be back with the original. | 好的 我会把原画带回来的 |
[24:10] | One,please. | 我要一张票 |
[24:13] | Rest of my party are on the coach. | 之后将会有个小派对 |
[24:16] | – Party? – Mondrian Appreciation Society. | – 派对? – 蒙德里安的欣赏团体 |
[24:19] | All right. | 好的 |
[24:21] | I don’t know if it’s the economy of form or the elegance of his asymmetry… | 我不知道是否简洁的构成 抑或是他的非对称性高雅… |
[24:25] | but he sets me alight.Is that crazy? | 他让我十分动心 是不是有点疯狂? |
[24:31] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[24:32] | That is the visitors’ record.Sign it,if you like. | 这个是来访的纪录 如果你喜欢的话 可以签上名字 |
[24:34] | I’ll sign it.I’ll sign right now. | 那我马上我签了它 |
[24:53] | To you,free. | 这个给你 免费的 |
[24:55] | Thank you.That is so kind of you. | 谢谢 你人真不错 |
[25:13] | We handle these Mondrians all the time. | 我们一直看护这些蒙德里安 |
[25:20] | It’s another day at the office,really. | 这个是办公室的又一天 真的 |
[25:22] | Stop it. | 别说了 |
[25:25] | I like that crazy Dutch Neo-Plasticist. | 我喜欢那个疯狂的荷兰新塑料家 |
[25:31] | You’re right. | 你说的对 |
[25:35] | They’re kind of late,don’t you think? | 他们有点晚了 你认为呢? |
[25:38] | – Where are the loos?I’m peeing my pants. – Right this way. | – 厕所在哪里?我想小个便 – 这边请 |
[25:40] | – Behind you.Straight through. – Thanks. | – 在你后面 一直走 – 谢谢你 |
[26:25] | See you. | 再见 |
[26:30] | Wait.Where are you off to? | 等下 你要去哪儿? |
[26:35] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[26:36] | What about your coach party? | 你的小派对怎么样了? |
[26:39] | Wouldn’t be the same. | 将不一样了 |
[26:41] | I like things a little more one-to-one. | 我更喜欢一对一 |
[26:45] | Know what I mean?Bye. | 知道我的意思了吗?再见 |
[26:53] | For future reference,it’s a good idea when transporting a painting like this… | 为了以后考虑 像这样运输 是个不错的点子 |
[26:57] | to use a muslin bag.Non-abrasive. | 用个棉布包 没有研磨的 |
[27:01] | You gotta help me rearrange this place.Tables there.Chairs in a row. | 你要帮我重新布置这个地方 桌子在那儿 椅子排成一行 |
[27:05] | Mondrian believed in order.So must I. | 蒙德里安喜欢秩序感 我也必须这样 |
[27:08] | It really does it for you,doesn’t it?Art. | 真的要这么做吗?艺术 |
[27:10] | Doesn’t it for you? | 不是为你做吗? |
[27:12] | Listen,mate.My mum had a painting. | 听着 伙伴 我母亲有一幅画 |
[27:14] | Got it out of The Mail on Sunday. Massive. | 叫 星期天的邮件 |
[27:16] | – A lot of dogs playing snooker. – Brushes? | – 一群狗在玩斯诺克 – 刷子呢? |
[27:20] | – These need to be distressed in vinegar. – Already done. | – 这些应该浸泡在过醋 – 已经泡过了 |
[27:24] | And here are the oils you asked for.High lead content as requested. | 这就是你要的颜料 高铅含量的 |
[27:28] | Got them off the Net.Different suppliers for each tube. | 去掉净重 每管的厂家都不同 |
[27:31] | You asked for five tins of pilchards.Why? | 你要五罐沙丁鱼 为什么? |
[27:36] | It’s a beach scene,so I took a trip to Brighton. | 这是沙滩的场景 所以我去了回布赖顿 |
[27:40] | Here’s your pot of seawater. | 这是你要的海水 |
[27:43] | And here,I thought if he was painting on a beach… | 还有这个 我想他会在沙滩上绘画 |
[27:46] | the sand would have gotten caught on the sticky canvas. | 在画布上面应该会有沙砾进去 |
[27:52] | In 11 days… | 11天完成 |
[27:54] | an original Mondrian from 1902 will be in your possession. | 你们将拥有一副 蒙德里安的1902年的原画 |
[27:59] | It will,for a brief time,fool the greatest art experts in the world… | 它会 在短期之内 愚弄世界上最好的专家 |
[28:02] | and it will dethrone Picasso as the father of modern art. | 它同时也会废除毕加索 现代艺术之父的美称 |
[28:07] | Or it will be spotted immediately and we’ll all go to prison for several years. | 或者它应该现在就停止 否则我们会去监狱呆上几年 |
[28:46] | – May I take these matches? – Yeah,sure. | – 我可以拿走这包火柴吗? – 当然可以 |
[28:54] | Hi.Sorry. | 嗨 对不起 |
[28:58] | I’m so glad you called. | 我很高兴你打电话给我 |
[29:00] | I’m sorry about the other day.I was a bit hasty. | 对于那天的事情我深感抱歉 我有点草率 |
[29:02] | You can’t be too careful. | 你不要太介意 |
[29:03] | Tell me,was this piece uncovered in Amersfoort? | 告诉我 这幅画在Amersfoort找到的吗? |
[29:08] | Let’s get some drinks. | 让我们先喝点东西吧 |
[29:13] | Come on.Amersfoort. | 不是吧 Amersfoort |
[29:14] | Excuse me.Could I have a cranberry juice and a Sea Breeze for the lady? | 劳驾 我能来电酸果蔓汁吗?一杯Sea Breeze给这位女士 |
[29:19] | A town in central Holland,Mondrian’s birthplace. | 一个荷兰的中部城市 蒙德里安的出生地 |
[29:22] | Yes,it would have been nice if it had been uncovered… | 对 如果还没公开的话就太好了 |
[29:24] | in Mondrian’s hometown.But alas,not. | 在蒙德里安的家乡 但是呢 并没有 |
[29:27] | Do you have a photo? | 你有照片吗? |
[29:28] | No,I carry nothing with me. | 我身上什么都不带 |
[29:30] | But I cannot stress the explosive significance of this find. | 但是我不想因为这一个发现 而感受太多爆炸性的意义 |
[29:33] | But I’ve been thinking about that. | 可我一直在想这一点呢 |
[29:35] | Could this be a piece from the Spanish expedition? | 它是不是来自西班牙的探险? |
[29:42] | Why do you say that? | 你为什么这么说? |
[29:44] | Hang fire.We’re on to it. | 拖住她 我们正在查找 |
[29:47] | Albert Albert. | |
[29:49] | The Great Spanish Exhibition of 1921. | 1921年伟大的西班牙展览会 |
[29:53] | The Great Spanish Exhibition of 1921. | 1921年伟大的西班牙展览会 |
[29:58] | No,I’m talking about Mondrian’s trip to Spain. | 不,我在谈论蒙德里安的西班牙之行 |
[30:01] | – Of course. – Expedition. | – 当然 – 探险 |
[30:06] | What a deaf cretin. | 我多糟糕的耳朵啊 |
[30:10] | Hurry up.He’s sitting there like a lemon. | 快点 他就像个柠檬似的在那里 |
[30:13] | Hold on. | 坚持住 |
[30:14] | Mr.Hook,you’re leaving me dangling. | Hook先生 你让我摇摆不定 |
[30:19] | You think that this piece heralds from the trip Mondrian took to Spain… | 你认为这幅画被蒙德里安和他最好的朋友Simon Maris |
[30:23] | with his best friend Simon Maris in 1901. | 在1901年带去了西班牙 |
[30:26] | “As you know,no writing…” | 据你所知 没有记录 |
[30:29] | …or painting remains from that trip. | 或者画从那次旅行中留下 |
[30:31] | “Possible,though,that he might have met Picasso.” | 可能 但是 他或许见过了毕加索 |
[30:34] | Do you think he may have met Picasso out there? | 你认为他可能在那见过了毕加索吗? |
[30:38] | I knew it! | 我知道 |
[30:39] | You’ve uncovered an abstract Mondrian that predates Cubism. | 你在揭示在立体主义前面一个抽象的蒙德里安 |
[30:43] | I have a small painting that needs verification. | 我有一小幅画 它需要确认 |
[30:48] | I would like an expert journalist on hand to assist. | 我希望一个专业的记者来帮助我 |
[30:51] | The wider world will have to be convinced. | 整个世界将不得不深信不疑 |
[30:53] | And they will be.In an exclusive. | 它将会这样 我能独家报道 |
[31:00] | Why me? | 为什么是我? |
[31:03] | Why pick a fledgling writer? | 为什么找我这样的初出茅庐的人来写? |
[31:05] | You’re not a cynic. | 你不是一个愤世嫉俗的人 |
[31:07] | You have no axe to grind. | 你一直很努力 |
[31:08] | And you strike me as being open to adventure. | 你使我公开这个冒险 |
[31:14] | Just you wait.You wait until you can see it and touch it. | 你需要等待 等到你能看到或者摸到它的时候 |
[31:19] | – When? – Very soon. | – 什么时候? – 很快 |
[31:27] | You do believe me,don’t you? | 你真的相信我吗? |
[31:33] | Actually,I do. | 事实上 是的 |
[31:34] | Nobody does it better. | 没人会比他更出色 |
[31:37] | – Makes me feel sad for the rest. – Yeah,right. | – 他这点让我感到沮丧 – 是的 |
[31:40] | Sorry,Stacie. | 对不起 Stacie |
[31:44] | You already knew about Meredith Gates’ interest,didn’t you? | 你早就知道Meredith Gates的兴趣了吧? |
[31:47] | Did I? | 我有吗? |
[31:49] | I know Mr.Pomeroy is keen to buy it. | 我知道Pomeroy先生一直想买它 |
[31:51] | He’s seeing Miss Gates today.Now,in fact.He told me. | 他将今天去拜访Gates小姐 现在 事实上 他告诉我的 |
[31:55] | Well,he may be looking for a buying partner. | 是啊 他或许在找一个买卖的合伙人 |
[31:58] | He’s dancing with a scorpion there. | 他正在与一个蝎子作舞伴 |
[32:01] | I have to go. | 我必须走了 |
[32:11] | Your bill,sir. | 你的帐单 先生 |
[32:13] | My friends are picking up the tab. | 我的朋友 在那个桌子会买单的 |
[32:20] | So you went to see Meredith Gates behind my back? | 那么你要在我回来后去看看 Meredith Gates? |
[32:22] | All I did was froth her up a bit,you know. | 我想要做的就是使她上钩 你知道的 |
[32:24] | I told her I was gonna buy the painting for 500,000. | 我告诉她我要用50万来买这画 |
[32:27] | You know,just take a gamble on it.She got all agitated. | 你知道 只要压一个赌注在上面 她会激动不已 |
[32:30] | I’m telling you,Mickey… | 我告诉你 Mickey |
[32:31] | when we’re ready to show Meredith this painting… | 当你准备给Meredith看这幅画的时候 |
[32:34] | she’s gonna be so jazzed about it… | 她肯定会很激动的 |
[32:36] | she’s gonna snap it up for 500,000 minimum… | 她最少会出价50万 |
[32:40] | just to swipe it from under my nose. | 从我眼皮底下把画买走 |
[32:42] | Seems this meeting has been all for the good. | 看来这个意见很不错 |
[32:44] | Yes,definitely.Very good. | 确是如此 |
[32:47] | There is a teensy-weensy problem,though. | 虽然还有一个很小的问题 |
[32:51] | Meredith thinks I run an import-export company in West Ken. | Meredith认为我在西肯塔基有着一家进出口公司 |
[32:54] | And she’s coming over tomorrow at 11:00 with her decision. | 她明天11点会带着她的决定来的 |
[33:01] | Good morning,my little furry friend. | 早上好 我的毛茸茸的小伙伴 |
[33:10] | Rats. | 老鼠 |
[33:21] | – Good morning,Miss Gates. – Morning. | – 早上好 Gates小姐 – 早上好 |
[33:24] | Are you really going to pay 500,000 for it? | 你真决定为它支付5万? |
[33:27] | My ceiling’s actually 250,000… | 我的最高价格实际上是25万 |
[33:30] | but I’m looking for a partner who can match me. | 但是我在寻找一个能匹配我的合伙人 |
[33:34] | You know,if this is genuine,it could be worth several million. | 你知道 如果你诚恳地话 它会值好几百万 |
[33:38] | Despite appearances,Mr.Hook is not a wealthy man. | 不管外貌如何 Hook先生不是一个富有的人 |
[33:42] | And if it does turn out to be worth millions… | 如果它的价值真的值几百万的话 |
[33:46] | I think it’s only right that he gets a cut. | 我认为他唯一权利就是从中有收获 |
[33:48] | Mr.Hook will only get what we give him. | Hook只会得到我们给他的 |
[33:50] | If he wants any more,he can burn up his 500,000… | 如果他要更多 他可以烧掉他的50万 |
[33:53] | chasing me through the courts. | 用在法庭上和我对峙 |
[33:54] | Right.So,we will view the painting at my gallery together. | 好了 我们将一起去我的画廊看下画 |
[33:58] | If I am satisfied,then I will consider going 50-50 with you. | 如果我满意的话 我会考虑和你五五分 |
[34:01] | That’s incredibly generous,Miss Gates. | Gates小姐 你真是太慷慨了 |
[34:04] | So you’ll arrange this meeting with Mr.Hook? | 那么你愿意安排我和Hook先生的会面吗? |
[34:08] | Sure.I’ve also invited a journalist,Bea Watson. | 当然 我还邀请了一个记者 Bea Watson小姐 |
[34:13] | I thought if this thing’s genuine,we should bang the drum. | 我认为如果这件事是真的 我们应该扩大影响 |
[34:17] | Only if it’s good news. | 除非是好的消息 |
[34:26] | Bye. | 再见 |
[34:29] | Yes,we’re on. | 她上钩了 |
[34:33] | We are so far from the jackpot. | 我们离要的赌注还很远 |
[34:36] | Any time you wanna give me some encouragement,just feel free. | 任何时候你想给我点鼓励的话 让自己放松点 |
[34:40] | This is not a club. | 这不是一个俱乐部 |
[34:41] | You’re not earning a scouting badge for Grifting Grade 4. | 你不是在用四级诈骗赚取一个童子军的包 |
[34:44] | We are taking a person down for a lot of money. | 我们在为了大笔的钱而让某人名誉扫地 |
[34:46] | And we have so many hoops to jump through… | 我们有这么多危险要跃过去 |
[34:48] | not least of which is a painting we haven’t seen yet… | 不仅仅是一幅我们从未见过的画 |
[34:51] | painted by a man we can’t trust.And we are also art thieves. | 由一个我们不信任的人画的 我们也成了艺术品盗贼 |
[34:54] | – Cool. – It is not cool,Danny! | – 够酷 – Danny 这一点不酷 |
[34:56] | We’re not crooks.We’re miners. | 我们不是骗子 我们是矿工 |
[34:59] | We mine people’s greed.And these people can be dangerous. | 我们挖掘人们的贪婪 而且这些人都是危险的人物 |
[35:04] | All I’m saying is that given our current form… | 我想说的就是 给我们现在的构成 |
[35:08] | I’m not about to start letting off champagne corks. | 我不准备喝香槟来庆祝 |
[35:11] | Then why do it if you don’t believe in it? | 那你不相信的话为什么去做? |
[35:13] | Because we need the money. | 因为我们需要钱 |
[35:15] | – What do you need the money for? – You’ll see. | – 那你要钱干什么? – 你会明白的 |
[35:18] | Will I like it? | 我会喜欢吗? |
[35:21] | Come on,we’ve got a lot of work to do. | 快点 我们有很多工作要去做 |
[35:24] | The painting will be ready in just one week. | 这幅画将在一个星期之内完成 |
[35:38] | – All right,how am I looking? – Beautiful. | – 等下 我看上去怎么样? – 很不错 |
[35:41] | Okay,so how about a good-luck kiss? | 好的 要不 来个好运之吻? |
[35:44] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[35:57] | Where’s Meredith? | Meredith在哪里? |
[36:03] | I hope you don’t mind me bringing my godchildren along. | 我希望你不介意我带我的教子与我一起 |
[36:06] | They’re on their way to a sixth birthday party. | 他们正在进行他们的6岁生日 |
[36:08] | The theme is Renaissance. | 主题是文艺复兴 |
[36:10] | Off you go and play. | 去玩吧 |
[36:13] | They grow up so fast,don’t they? | 他们长得真是快 不是吗? |
[36:15] | Cheeky little fellows,aren’t they? | 厚颜无耻的小混蛋 不是吗? |
[36:19] | Where’s the painting? | 画在哪里? |
[36:22] | Mr.Hook is bringing it even as we speak. | Hook先生在我们谈话的时候会带来的 |
[36:32] | Come on. | 快点 |
[36:35] | Pilchards!What is this thing with pilchards? | 沙丁鱼!这跟沙丁鱼有什么关系? |
[36:45] | – Hello.– Good,you found the key. | – 喂喂 – 不错 你找到关键了 |
[36:48] | – Where’s the painting?– Silver case,top of the cupboard. | – 画在哪里? – 碗橱的顶部 银色的箱子里面 |
[37:20] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[37:28] | What the hell is going on? | 到底发生了什么事情? |
[37:35] | Mr.Pomeroy’s assistant.Oh,Mr.Hook. | Pomeroy先生的助手 哦 Hook先生 |
[37:37] | I’ve got the case,but it’s locked. | 我找到了箱子 但是它被锁住了 |
[37:39] | There’s no way to open it without a detonator. | 没有炸药的话我没有办法打开它 |
[37:41] | That’s no problem.Hang on a minute. | 没问题 稍等 |
[37:46] | Hello. | 喂喂 |
[37:47] | We need a code to get into the case. | 我们需要打开那箱子的密码 |
[37:49] | Yeah?You can relax on that.I’ve got that right here. | 是吗?你应该为这件事高兴 我在这儿等你 |
[37:54] | – Text it to me. – Absolutely. | – 发消息给我 – 一定会的 |
[37:56] | Right. | 好吧 |
[38:03] | Albert,we’re running late.Where are you? | Albert 我们快迟到了 你在哪儿? |
[38:05] | In position.Don’t worry about us,just do your job,son. | 我们已经就位了 别为我们操心 好好干好你的工作吧 |
[38:08] | Right. | 好的 |
[38:14] | You did bring your half? | 你并没有带来那一半钱吧? |
[38:15] | Yeah,ma’am.Banker’s draft for 250,000… | 是的 夫人 25万银行的支票 |
[38:20] | right here. | 就在这里 |
[38:22] | Two minutes,I’m leaving. | 再给2分钟 要不我就走了 |
[38:38] | That’s it.I’m leaving.Come along,my cherubs. | 好了 我要走了 过来吧 我的小天使们 |
[38:42] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[38:44] | Sorry to have kept you good people waiting. | 对不起让你们久等了 |
[38:47] | Traffic was awful. | 交通真是很糟糕 |
[38:51] | Is this it? | 是它吗? |
[38:55] | – Excited? – Yes,indeed. | – 兴奋吗? – 是的 打心眼里 |
[38:58] | This case is security-coded and I have the code… | 这个箱子需要安全密码只有我有 |
[39:02] | here on my phone. | 就在我的手机里面 |
[39:28] | Signed Piet Mondrian,1902. | 署名蒙德里安 1902年 |
[39:31] | It’s in a style he wasn’t supposed to employ until… | 这是他从未使用过的风格直到 |
[39:34] | Years later. | 数年之后 |
[39:36] | There’s quite a bit of dust embedded in the top layer. | 在画的表面上含有很多灰尘 |
[39:42] | Picture has a smell. | 画还闻起来有 |
[39:45] | Fishy.Rank.Decay. | 鱼 恶心 腐烂的味道 |
[39:51] | Bears many of the hallmarks that Mondrian used later on… | 有着蒙德里安后期作品的诸多特点 |
[39:54] | but it’s interesting.There’s a hesitancy about it. | 但是有意思的是 我对这个有迟疑 |
[39:58] | Almost like an artist trying something very new and scaring himself. | 所有的艺术家都尝试着一些新的 或者他害怕的事物 |
[40:04] | My God. | 我的天呐 |
[40:11] | Well,if it’s not a fake… | 好的 如果它不是赝品 |
[40:15] | then “My God,” indeed. | 那就是真的,我的天呐 |
[40:35] | This is only an initial assessment,of course… | 这只是一个初步的评估 当然 |
[40:38] | but it would appear that this work bears the traits of a Mondrian… | 但是它却是显现出诸多蒙德里安作品的特点 |
[40:42] | painted at the turn of the century. | 在二十世纪开始的时候画的 |
[40:45] | But this picture was painted on a fine-quality canvas. | 但是 这副画画在了一块质地良好的帆布上 |
[40:49] | Mondrian wouldn’t have wasted a top canvas on experimental work… | 蒙德里安不会把这么好的帆布 浪费在这样一个实验性的作品上 |
[40:53] | that was unlikely to sell. | 它明显不像是拿去卖的 |
[40:55] | He may have done. | 他或许已经搞定了 |
[40:56] | The man was meticulous and he was frugal. | 他是一个吝啬的而且小心翼翼的人 |
[40:59] | Most of his work was done on cardboard. | 他大多数的作品都画在纸板上面 |
[41:01] | Perhaps it was a commission. | 可能这是一个委托 |
[41:03] | A commission? | 一个委托? |
[41:08] | Nobody would have paid for something like this back then. | 当时没有人愿意花钱去买这样的东西 |
[41:11] | Anyway,if it was a commission,we’d have records. | 再怎么说 如果它是个委托的话 我们会有记录的 |
[41:14] | It would seem,Mr.Hook,that the circus is over. | 显而易见 Hook先生 这个游戏结束了 |
[41:21] | What if he was hired to paint something traditional… | 如果他被雇来画一些传统的东西 |
[41:24] | so he splashed out on a good canvas,but the commission fell through… | 他着手于一块好的帆布但是委托中途停止了 |
[41:29] | so he reused it? | 于是他又重新利用了? |
[41:32] | – The canvas. – Yeah. | – 这块帆布 – 对 就是这样 |
[41:34] | I like the sound of that. | 我喜欢听起来这样 |
[41:38] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[41:42] | If what you say is correct,Miss Watson,then there should be another painting… | 如果你说的是对的话 Watson小姐 拿就应该有另一幅画 |
[41:46] | hidden underneath here somewhere. | 藏在这幅画的下面 |
[41:52] | Nothing. | 什么都没有 |
[41:54] | As far as I’m concerned,you can burn it. | 就像我所说的 你该烧毁了它 |
[41:56] | Wait.If I adjust the resolution… | 等下 如果我调整下解析度 |
[42:05] | A pentimento! | 一个下层图案 |
[42:08] | A hidden landscape underneath.You see? | 一个隐藏在下面的风景画 看到了吗? |
[42:11] | When the commission fell through,Mondrian must have been furious. | 当这个委托未能实现 蒙德里安肯定发怒了 |
[42:15] | He vented his frustration in something radical. | 他用激进的手法来发泄他的怒火 |
[42:17] | A beach scene like no other,ever. | 一个与众不同的海滩 |
[42:22] | Mr.Hook… | Hook先生 |
[42:27] | I will give you 500,000 right now,in cash. | 我现在就给你50万现金 |
[42:33] | Sorry.What about my half? | 对不起 那我的另外一半呢? |
[42:35] | In cash,Mr.Hook. | Hook先生 现金支付 |
[42:36] | I might get five times that at auction. | 在拍卖会上我或许会得到5倍钱 |
[42:39] | If it’s genuine. | 如果这是真的 |
[42:40] | You still don’t think so? | 你依然不这么认为? |
[42:41] | Put it this way.I’m persuaded to take a risk. | 先不说画 我被说服去冒这个风险 |
[42:44] | But only if I have sole possession. | 除非我有唯一的拥有权 |
[42:47] | I’ve a banker’s draft here for 250,000! | 我有一张25万的银行支票 |
[42:51] | Mr.Hook,do we have a deal? | Hook先生 你愿意做这笔交易吗? |
[42:57] | Don’t you dare. | 你不该这么大胆 |
[43:04] | Deal. | 成交 |
[43:19] | I’ve played a blinder,I’m telling you. | 我告诉你,我玩了个障眼法 |
[43:20] | Even when Meredith discovers it’s a fake… | 即使当Meredith发现这幅画是一个伪造品 |
[43:23] | she’s not gonna want to do anything about it. | 她对此已经无能为力了 |
[43:25] | There’s no way she’d want her name splashed all over the papers. | 她不可能在想让她的名字出现在所有的报纸之上 |
[43:29] | So,minus Tip’s fee and other expenses,we’re looking at… | 那么 去除小费和其他开销 我们面对的是 |
[43:32] | 50,000 each. | 每个人5万 |
[43:33] | That dream beach-house of mine is starting to look a lot closer. | 那我海景别墅的目标开始变得更近了 |
[43:37] | I can’t believe you went for all that bad karma shit,Mickey. | 我不敢相信你还拥护那些坏运气 Mickey |
[43:40] | A man creates his own luck in this world,son. | 一个人会去创造他的好运的 伙计 |
[43:52] | 150,000. | 15万 |
[43:54] | Ta very much,but I’ll take the lot,if you don’t mind. | 谢谢给了这么多 如果你不介意的话我还想再分一部分 |
[43:59] | What? | 什么? |
[44:00] | Right now a friend of mine is waiting to call the police. | 现在我的一个朋友正在等着去打电话给警察 |
[44:03] | They will tell the cops a Mondrian has been stolen from the Gates Gallery. | 他们会告诉警察一副蒙德里安的画 在Gates画廊被偷窃了 |
[44:07] | They will give them your names. | 他们会把你的名字给警察 |
[44:09] | The cops will arrest you.They will find said painting. | 警察会逮捕你 他们也会找到前面说到的画 |
[44:13] | You will go to prison. | 你将去监狱 |
[44:14] | And what is more,your identities will be blown by the national press. | 还有 你的名字将会遍布国家的新闻媒体 |
[44:18] | That will make it very hard for you to pull off any more cons… | 这会使你在这个久经世故的社会中 |
[44:22] | in sophisticated society. | 赢得更多的骗术 |
[44:24] | But there is salvation. | 但是 有一个拯救措施 |
[44:26] | Give me the half mil,the call is never made. | 分给我那一半 这个电话将不会发生 |
[44:29] | Do you ever shut up,Tip? | 你从不闭嘴吗 Tip? |
[44:31] | You’ve got all these fine things around you. | 你已经有这些最好的东西了 |
[44:35] | You’ve got all your clever talk and all your yap. | 你已经叫嚣完了你的聪明的言论 |
[44:38] | But you know what you are?You’re just a tosser. | 但是你知道你是什么吗?你只是一个二传手 |
[44:42] | Caravaggio was a vicious queen. | 卡拉瓦乔是一个恶毒的女王 |
[44:45] | Michelangelo shagged little boys. | 米开朗基罗追赶过小男孩 |
[44:47] | Bacon was an alcoholic. | 培根是一个酒鬼 |
[44:49] | And Gauguin married a 13-year-old girl.Welcome to the art world. | 高更娶了一个13岁的小女孩 欢迎来到艺术的世界 |
[44:54] | Just like your world,Danny.We are merely cockroaches with good tailors. | 就像你喜欢你的世界 Danny 我们就像穿着体面衣服的蟑螂 |
[44:58] | So who is this friend of yours that’s gonna call the cops then,Tip? | 那么你的那位准备打电话给警察的朋友是谁 Tip? |
[45:03] | I don’t think you need to know. | 我觉得你不必要知道 |
[45:05] | Easy. | 放松 |
[45:08] | You can learn a lot from Mickey.He knows how to behave. | 你还要从Mickey身上学很多东西 他知道如何控制行为 |
[45:12] | I certainly do. | 我当然知道 |
[45:14] | Ten seconds,I reckon. | 还要10秒钟 我认为 |
[45:16] | Ten seconds.Until what? | 10秒钟 会发生什么? |
[45:19] | I called them earlier… | 我早就叫他们来了 |
[45:20] | and I think I just heard a car pull up outside. | 然后我想我只是听到一辆汽车 在外面停下来 |
[45:24] | – 3,2,1… – What is this? | – 3,2 ,1 – 这是什么? |
[45:29] | D.S.Martins,Fraud Squad. | D.S.Martins 欺诈组 |
[45:32] | Yes,come in,officer. | 好的 请进 长官 |
[45:38] | You remember me,don’t you,Mr.Jones? | 你记得我 是吗 Jones先生? |
[45:41] | We’ve had a call from a neighbor. | 我们有得到一个你邻居的电话 |
[45:44] | He says he saw you walking in the park,Mr.Jones. | 他说他看到你走在公园里面 Jones先生 |
[45:48] | Now,what with our investigation under suspension on medical grounds… | 现在 我们的调查在医学悬而未决范围下 |
[45:51] | we felt it best to pop down here and have a little chat. | 我们觉得最好是突然拜访下然后来一个 小小的交谈 |
[45:55] | We’ll be off then. | 之后我们就走 |
[45:57] | Bye-bye,Mr.Jones.Nice to see you. | 再见 Jones先生 很高兴见到你 |
[46:02] | Lot of money here,sir. | 这儿有不少钱 长官 |
[46:03] | Yes.Nothing to do with us. | 是的 这跟我们没有关系 |
[46:09] | – You knew he was gonna turn. – I was pretty sure. | – 你知道他会反咬一口 – 我很清楚他 |
[46:12] | – We could have lost the lot. – I told you,flying close to the sun. | – 我们可能会少了一份钱 – 我告诉你 飞的离太阳太近 |
[46:15] | But Tip can still turn us in with that painting. | 但是Tip还是可以用那画来反咬我们一口 |
[46:18] | What’s she doing here? | 她在这儿干什么? |
[46:29] | Very clever.Give them back. | 太聪明了 还给我 |
[46:32] | Danny,this is the person who calls the cops… | Danny 她就是叫警察的人 |
[46:35] | and tells them where to find a stolen Mondrian. | 然后告诉他们 哪儿可以找到被盗的蒙德里安的作品 |
[46:38] | Forgers often use students to fence their forgeries. | 伪造者常常用他们的学生来 保护他们的伪造品 |
[46:41] | She’s a grifter? | 她是个骗子吗? |
[46:43] | I’m a serious arts writer,thank you. | 我是个严谨的艺术专栏作家 谢谢 |
[46:46] | Where did you meet Tip? | 你在哪儿见到Tip的? |
[46:47] | At college.That’s where they usually recruit. | 在大学里 那儿他们一般都招新成员 |
[46:49] | Everyone at college knew Tip. | 在大学的每一个人都知道Tip |
[46:51] | After you visited him,Tip called me… | 当你访问他之后 Tip打电话给我 |
[46:55] | and we sort of came up with this. | 我们就选择这种方法 |
[46:57] | Great.So what happens now? | 太好了 那现在发生了什么? |
[46:59] | How about you keep your money… | 为什么你们不拿着你们的钱 |
[47:03] | and I’ll hang on to the Mondrian. | 而我拿走蒙德里安的画 |
[47:05] | No,the Mondrian has to go back.That’s the way we work. | 不 蒙德里安的画必须要归还 这是我们做事的原则 |
[47:08] | Well,it’s not the way I work. | 很好 但是它不是我做事的原则 |
[47:12] | Well,if you can live with that… | 很好 如果你可以得到它的话 |
[47:28] | What are you doing here? | 那你在这儿干什么? |
[47:29] | – How’d it go,boys? – Not bad. | – 怎么样了 伙计们? – 还不坏 |
[47:36] | Don’t!You all right? | 不会吧!你还好吗? |
[47:37] | Don’t worry,it was my fault.I stepped out in front of you. | 别担心 是我的错误 我见到你车子后就想走快一点 |
[47:41] | I didn’t even see you. | 我甚至没看到你 |
[47:42] | Can’t bend me leg.I landed awkward. | 能不能扶我一下 我这样看上去很笨拙 |
[47:45] | It never happened to me before. | 我从未遇到过这种事情 |
[47:46] | Look at that,I can move it.Don’t worry,love,I’ll be fine. | 看阿 我可以动了 别担心 美女 我很快就好 |
[47:51] | Yeah,it was nice working the flop again. | 这又是我们的一个漂亮的工作 |
[47:55] | So how did you know she was lying? | 那么你怎么知道她在撒谎? |
[47:57] | At the cocktail bar. | 在鸡尾酒吧里面 |
[48:00] | You do believe me,don’t you? | 你真的相信我 不是吗? |
[48:02] | She revealed a tell. | 她透露了她知道 |
[48:03] | Actually,I do. | 事实上 我相信 |
[48:07] | I double-checked it. | 我仔细检查了 |
[48:08] | Excited? | 兴奋吗? |
[48:10] | The throat-slash.A classic tell. | 她的手割过自己的喉咙 一个典型的知情者 |
[48:13] | Yes,indeed. | 是的 打心底里 |
[48:14] | Usually associated with feelings of guilt. | 通常所表现的诸多于罪恶相关联的感情 |
[48:16] | So you double-guessed the double-cross. | 所以你更加确定了她会出卖我们 |
[48:18] | I just took out some insurance. | 我只是想采取一些保险措施 |
[48:22] | Well,take away the expenses… | 好吧 吸取些经验 |
[48:24] | we’ve still got over 300,000 in the pot. | 我们始终还是拿到了30万在皮箱里 |
[48:27] | 200,000.100,000 is going somewhere else. | 20万,还有10万将有其他用处 |
[48:34] | Where? | 哪儿? |
[48:39] | No,no way.You can’t. | 不 不行 你不能这么做 |
[48:41] | I’m sorry.But if we don’t,this man loses everything because of us. | 对不起 如果我们不这么做 这个人会因为我们失去一切的 |
[48:44] | And that’ll jinx us forever. | 那也会给我们永久带来坏运气 |
[48:46] | You don’t believe all this crap,do you,Ash? | 你不会相信这些这些废话吧 Ash 是吗? |
[48:48] | We gotta do it,Danny. | 我们必须去做了 Danny |
[48:49] | – Stace? – Let it go,Danny. | – Stace? – 让他去吧 Danny |
[48:53] | Look,100,000 pays Naveen back and makes amends. | 听着10万给Naveen做一些补偿 |
[48:56] | Danny,we’re not thieves. | 我们不是盗贼 Danny |
[48:57] | Danny,come on. | 快点 Danny |
[48:59] | This was my grift,all right? | 这是我的诈骗 好吗? |
[49:02] | You should’ve told me. | 你应该告诉我一下 |
[49:04] | You’re right.I’m sorry. | 你说的对 对不起 |
[49:07] | Okay,Danny,you decide what happens next. | 好的 Danny 你决定去做吧 |
[49:12] | Danny,come on. | 拿着 Danny |
[49:15] | Only please make sure whatever decision you make… | 不管做什么样的决定 只要相信 |
[49:18] | you can live with. | 你可以以此为生 |
[49:20] | Because what’s done is done. | 因为做过的事情已经过去 |
[49:31] | As you know,the receivers are in. | 如你们所知,接手者已经进来了 |
[49:36] | …so sorry,everyone. | 对不起 各位 |
[50:32] | Bollocks.It’s only money,isn’t it? | 真是废话,这只是钱 不是吗? |
[50:36] | Anyway,I’ve got a great new idea. | 不管么说 我又有了个新的好主意 |
[50:39] | Right,clear your minds,picture this: | 好了 清理下头绪 想象下 |
[50:41] | We’ve got half of a cow,a small Shetland pony… | 我们有半头奶牛 和一匹设得兰小马 |
[50:45] | – and some embalming… – Tell me later. | – 还有一些防腐剂… – 以后再说吧 |
[50:47] | I’m glad this silly matter is settled.Come on,I’m buying.My round. | 我很高兴这些无聊的事情被解决了 快点 我请客了 |
[50:51] | That envelope from Rachel’s lawyer. | 那封Rachel的律师来的信 |
[50:55] | Did you ever open it? | 你从没有打开过吗? |
[50:56] | Yeah.I’ve decided to pay her off. | 我决定还清她的帐 |
[50:59] | – Jinx lifted? – Well… | – 坏运又来了吗? – 嗯… |