时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Oh, It’s really hard to pack, guys, if we don’t know where we’re going. | 我都不知道要去哪里 这怎么打包 伙计们 |
[00:06] | Is it hot or cold? Hotel? Villa? Spa? | 是热带还是寒带 住酒店 别墅 还是温泉 |
[00:13] | Seriously, the whole “let’s see where the mood takes us” approach, | 说真的 那什么”想到哪儿就去哪儿” |
[00:15] | doesn’t work when a girl has to pack. | 真的只能给一个想打包的姑娘添乱 |
[00:18] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[00:20] | Mickey’s been scammed. | Mickey被骗了 |
[00:23] | It’s a phone! | 这不过是个手机 |
[00:24] | Yeah, actually, it’s supposed to be an MP3 touch phone with built in satnav. | 没错 实际上 这应该是个触屏MP3手机 还内置卫星导航系统 |
[00:27] | 84 applications. Wireless internet connection. | 84个附加软件 无线网络连接功能 |
[00:31] | Yeah, like I said. It’s a phone. | 对 就像我说的 这不过是个手机 |
[00:33] | It’s programmed in Japanese, the instructions are Dutch | 在日本编程 指示语言是荷兰语 |
[00:35] | and it won’t charge off a 240V power supply. | 而且还需要用240V的插座充电 |
[00:38] | The apps are second generation and the satnav only covers Tokyo. | 附加软件都是第二代的 卫星导航也只涵盖了东京 |
[00:41] | So send it back. | 那就退回去咯 |
[00:42] | I spent three hours trying to get through to a call centre. | 我花了3小时 才打通他们的服务中心 |
[00:44] | And when I did… They refused me a refund. | 接通之后 他们说不接受退货 |
[00:47] | They said I should have read the small print on the website, | 他们说 我应该看到网站上有一行小字 |
[00:49] | where it clearly states that the phone is “non-country specific”. | 上面明确地写着 非本国使用 |
[00:52] | Thieving bastards. | 骗人的混球 |
[00:54] | Sorry, am I missing something? | 不好意思 我是不是听漏了什么 |
[00:55] | Yes, yeah, yes, you are. It’s the curse. | 对 对 没错 是那个诅咒 |
[01:01] | Tell her, Albert. | 告诉她吧 Albert |
[01:02] | If a grifter gets caught in a small time scam, | 如果一个骗子被一个小伎俩给骗了 |
[01:05] | it leads to a run of bad luck. | 就会倒霉好一阵子 |
[01:07] | You should know that. | 你应该知道了 |
[01:08] | Yeah, everybody knows that. | 对 所有人都知道 |
[01:09] | I didn’t. | 我就不知道 |
[01:10] | Albert, do you remember Billy Seven Up? | Albert 你还记得 Billy Seven Up吗 |
[01:12] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 对 |
[01:13] | He fell for a lottery scam. | 他被个卖彩票的骗了 |
[01:15] | Three weeks later, his wife ran off with a tax inspector, | 三个礼拜之后 他的老婆 跟一个税务稽查员跑了 |
[01:18] | who had him investigated for VAT fraud, he got three months. | 那人还给他扣了一个增值税诈骗的罪名 判了3个月 |
[01:22] | Then he lost three fingers in a fight over channels in the recreation room. | 然后在一间康乐室里因为选电视频道 意见不合跟人干了一架 丢了三个指头 |
[01:25] | He wanted Ready Steady Cook, some geezer wanted Countdown and bit off his fingers. | 他想看Ready Steady Cook 还有个老头 想看Countdown 然后一口咬掉了他的指头 |
[01:30] | The list goes on. | 你要想听还有其他的 |
[01:31] | Mickey, you’re an intelligent man, | Mickey 你是个聪明人 |
[01:34] | please tell me you don’t believe this nonsense. | 告诉我你不相信这种迷信 |
[01:36] | It’s well documented. | 这可都是记录在案的 |
[01:37] | We’re supposed to be going on holiday! | 我们这是要去度假啊 |
[01:39] | – I’m not flying with him. – Ash! | – 我可不要跟他一起去 |
[01:40] | Well, there is only one thing to do. | 好吧 只能这么办了 |
[01:43] | Put it to the test. | 来做一个测试 |
[01:55] | Snake eyes. | 两点 |
[01:56] | It’s just one roll. | 不过一次而已 |
[02:12] | Aces high. | A最大 |
[02:42] | That makes it official. | 这下算是定了吧 |
[02:45] | Mickey’s lost his mojo. | Mickey的运气不见了 |
[03:36] | This is ridiculous. | 真是荒谬 |
[03:38] | Grifting is 95% planning, 5% luck. | 一场骗局95%是策划 还有5%是运气 |
[03:41] | Yeah. Trouble is, it’s the 5% that gets you locked up. | 对 问题就是 5%出错就能把你关进大牢 |
[03:45] | We have to get his mojo back. | 我们必须把他的运气找回来 |
[03:47] | Can you all hear yourselves? | 听听你们都在说什么 |
[03:53] | It’s worse than I thought. | 比我想的还糟糕 |
[03:54] | OK look, let’s just calm down, go for a drink, sort this thing out. | 这样吧 听着 都冷静下来 喝杯酒 想办法解决这问题 |
[04:07] | Maybe we’re blowing this whole thing out of proportion. | 也许我们把这事看得太过了 |
[04:09] | Er… Yeah. | 呃 对 |
[04:10] | It’s a state of mind, that’s all. | 只是心理状态 仅此而已 |
[04:11] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[04:12] | Can’t pull a confidence trick without confidence. So the threat is enough. | 如果没有自信就没办法实施骗局 所以那个诅咒只是吓唬人就够了 |
[04:16] | So if you don’t believe in it, it doesn’t exist? | 就是说不信则无吗 |
[04:18] | Yeah, that makes sense. | 对 就是这样 |
[04:19] | Yeah, so, we just ignore it, carry on as usual. | 对 所以我们就无视它 和平时一样就好 |
[04:22] | Yes. Albert? | 对 Albert呢 |
[04:23] | – Well, Why not? – Yeah. Good. | – 好啊 为什么不 – 对 好 |
[04:25] | – Right, so can we go on holiday then? – Absolutely. | – 对 那我们可以去度假了吗 – 当然了 |
[04:27] | – Yeah, as long as it’s not poncey. – Define poncey. | – 只要别去花俏的地方 – 什么叫花俏 |
[04:30] | – Spas and health resorts. – Why not a spa? | – 比如温泉和休养胜地 – 为什么不去温泉 |
[04:32] | – I can’t be doing with messing about. – What do you mean? | – 我可受不了那些 – 是什么意思 |
[04:35] | Smothered in oil, pipe up your bum and carrot juice for breakfast. | 在油里闷死 管子浇屁股 或者早餐只喝胡萝卜汁 |
[04:38] | Yeah, me neither. | 对 我也不想 |
[04:39] | You know I knew a bloke once, smoked 60 fags a day, | 你知道不 我以前认识个人 一天抽60支烟 |
[04:42] | drank like a fish, never did a day’s exercise in his life. | 喝起酒来没节制 一生中没健过一次身 |
[04:45] | Booked into one of them spa hotels, had a heart attack in the sauna. | 就因为住进一家温泉酒店 在蒸气浴室里心脏病突发 |
[04:49] | Oh, so the fags and booze didn’t kill him. It was the steam? | 哦 所以说不是烟酒要了他的命 而是蒸汽吗 |
[04:51] | – Exactly. – So Where then? | – 没错 – 那我们去哪儿 |
[04:53] | Well, I hear Margate’s nice this time of year. | 我听说这时候的Margate很美 (英国海滨城市) |
[04:55] | – Oh, no. No, no, no, no. – At least we won’t have to fly with him. | – 哦 不要 不 – 至少不用跟他同乘一架飞机了 |
[04:58] | Eh… There’s no curse, remember? | 呃 没有诅咒这回事 记得吗 |
[05:01] | Exactly. Everything is back to normal. | 没错 所有的一切都回归正常了 |
[05:17] | Eddie! Eddie! What’s occurring? | Eddie Eddie 发生什么了 |
[05:20] | Not now, Ash, I’m up to my eyes. | 现在别叫我 Ash 我忙得火烧眉毛呢 |
[05:22] | We can’t get into our office. | 我们的办公室被人占了 |
[05:24] | Look, if you want to book a table for later… OK. | 瞧 你要是想要晚点预订一张桌子 行 |
[05:26] | Book a… Are you winding me up? | 预订…你这是忽悠我吧 |
[05:30] | It’s happy hour. | 现在可是欢乐时光 |
[05:36] | He said it’s happy hour. | 他说现在是欢乐时光 |
[05:46] | Come on girls. | 走了 姑娘们 |
[05:48] | Now you know where I am, don’t leave it too long. | 现在你们知道我在那儿了 别让我等太久 |
[05:53] | All right, guys? | 还好吧 兄弟们 |
[05:55] | What the bleeding hell’s going on? | 这他妈的发生什么了 |
[05:57] | How d’you mean? | 什么意思 |
[05:58] | Well, where did all those people come from? | 这些人都是从哪儿来的 |
[05:59] | A coach broke down outside. | 外面有辆长途客车抛锚了 |
[06:02] | You wouldn’t believe the week I’ve had. | 你都不相信我这礼拜都做什么了 |
[06:03] | First, I bumped into some bloke | 首先 我遇到个人 |
[06:05] | who was looking for somewhere to have a stag night. | 他要找地方搞个单身夜派对 |
[06:08] | 60 blokes, four strippers and a Britney Spears singing telegram. | 60个人 4个脱衣舞女郎 还有个唱布兰妮歌的乐队 |
[06:11] | Wednesday, won 80 quid on the lottery, | 礼拜三的时候 买彩票赢了80块 |
[06:13] | then I had a yankee come up at Doncaster. | 然后在Doncaster遇到个美国人 |
[06:15] | Eddie, I’ve finished cleaning the glasses. | Eddie 我把杯子洗干净了 |
[06:18] | Do you want me to start on the cellar? | 你要我去地窖吗 |
[06:19] | Oh, yes, please, darlin’. | 哦 好的 亲爱的 |
[06:24] | Nearly forgot about her. | 都快忘了她了 |
[06:25] | Katie. One of the strippers. | Katie 脱衣舞女郎中的一个 |
[06:27] | How long’s she been here? | 她在这儿多久了 |
[06:28] | Four days. We sort of hit it off. | 4天了 我们挺合得来 |
[06:31] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[06:34] | Hello? | 你好 |
[06:36] | Hiya, Nick. What can I do for you? | 你好 Nick 有什么要我帮忙的吗 |
[06:38] | Saturday night? Yeah, yeah, yeah. No problem, yeah. | 礼拜六晚上吗 好的 好 好 没问题 |
[06:40] | Listen, do you want me to lay on some grub? | 你要我准备点吃的吗 |
[06:44] | Yeah, all right, mate yeah, OK, yeah see you then, ta. | 行 好的 伙计没问题 到时候见 |
[06:49] | That was Nick, one of the blokes from the stag do, | 那是Nick 单身派对上认识的 |
[06:51] | he wants a birthday party Saturday night. | 他想要在礼拜六晚上搞个生日派对 |
[06:53] | Eddie, this is our office. | Eddie 这是我们的办公室 |
[06:54] | Sorry, mate, what can I say? Business is business. | 抱歉 伙计 我能说什么呢 生意归生意 |
[07:00] | Hello? Hello? | 你好 喂 |
[07:04] | Bleeding thing. Battery lasts five minutes. | 该死的东西 电池用5分钟就没电了 |
[07:06] | I wish I’d ordered that one you told me about now, Mick. | 要是买了你告诉我的那个就好了 Mick |
[07:10] | What? | 什么 |
[07:11] | That one on the net, I was going to order it, like, I just forgot about it. | 就是网上的那个 我本来想要订的 结果我忘记了 |
[07:15] | Wait. You were going to order the same phone as Mickey? | 等一下 你本来打算买 和Mickey一样的手机吗 |
[07:19] | Yeah. Truth is, I thought it looked a bit too good to be true, | 对 事实上 我还觉得它好的有点不真实 |
[07:22] | you know, thought it might be a con. | 你知道 以为是个骗局 |
[07:25] | Eddie, I’ve just scraped my thigh on one of the barrels, have you got any cream? | Eddie 我的腿刚被那桶划伤了 你有药膏吗 |
[07:34] | Did all that just happen? | 刚那些都是真的吧 |
[07:36] | Wait, wait, wait. | 等等 |
[07:38] | So he didn’t send off for the phone and you did? | 他没买那个手机 而你买了 |
[07:42] | It seems that Lady Luck has switched her allegiance. | 看来幸运女神站到了另外一边 |
[07:44] | – Oh, please. – No, it makes sense. | – 得了吧 – 不 讲得通 |
[07:47] | I mean, I’m not exactly sure how it happened. | 我是说 我不知道怎么会这样 |
[07:50] | But somehow, Eddie has got Mickey’s mojo. | 但怎么的 Eddie有了Mickey的魔力 |
[07:58] | Ash, research the company I bought the phone from. | Ash 调查我买手机的那家公司 |
[08:00] | Emma, we’ll need a fresh set of IDs. | Emma 我们需要调查清楚身份 |
[08:02] | Albert, liaise with Ash, | Albert 和Ash保持联络 |
[08:04] | start thinking about who we target and how to ?? the name | 开始着手于我们的目标是谁 怎么搞到他们的名字 |
[08:06] | Sean, check the website, see if they’re doing this with other products. | Sean 上网查一下 他们是不是 在其他产品上也耍这种把戏 |
[08:09] | All these because of a phone? | 这么大声势就是为了个手机吗 |
[08:11] | When you’re conned like this, the only way to lift the curse is to con them back. | 如果你被骗了 唯一化解诅咒的方法就是骗回去 |
[08:14] | Yeah, restore the balance. | 对 回归平衡 |
[08:16] | I’m still not convinced. | 我还是不信 |
[08:17] | As we speak, Eddie, our Eddie, is rubbing antiseptic cream into stripper’s thigh. | 我们说话的时候 Eddie 我们的Eddie 正拿着抗菌药膏 涂上脱衣舞娘的大腿 |
[08:22] | Yeah, I can just see his little face. | 对啊 瞧他那张小脸 |
[08:25] | Well, I don’t know about anyone else, but I could do with a drink. | 我可不管其他人了 我只想喝一杯 |
[08:27] | Yeah, why not, I’ll have a scotch. | 对 为什么不呢 我要杯威士忌 |
[08:29] | I’ll have the same. | 我也要一杯 |
[08:30] | I’ll have a beer please, Mick. | 我要一杯啤酒 Mick |
[08:31] | Oh, yeah, me too. | 对 我也要 |
[08:33] | You know this isn’t the best way to find a mark. | 你知道这可不是找目标的最好方式 |
[08:35] | – Why not? – We don’t know anything about these people, | – 为什么不是 – 我们不知道这些人的底细 |
[08:37] | we don’t even know if they’re mark material. | 我们甚至不知道他们是否适合做目标 |
[08:39] | – I thought everyone was mark material. – If only. | – 我还觉得所有人都适合做目标 – 只有在 |
[08:41] | They have to be greedy. | 他们很贪婪时才是 |
[08:43] | Yeah, not too many morals. | 对 要没有道德 |
[08:45] | – You can’t cheat… – ..an honest man. | – 你不能欺骗 – 一个诚实的人 |
[08:47] | Well, clearly the person who sold Mickey that phone is a dishonest crook, with no morals. | 好 很显然卖手机给Mickey的人 是个不诚实的家伙 没有道德 |
[08:51] | The kid is right. | 这孩子说的对 |
[08:53] | And you’re sure this is going to work? | 你确定没问题吗 |
[08:58] | Let’s hope so, eh? | 希望如此吧 |
[09:03] | OK, Dreamfixer Enterprises. | 好了 Dreamfixer公司 |
[09:07] | The CEO and sole shareholder is one Mervyn Lloyd. | 执行总裁和独资人叫做Mervyn Lloyd |
[09:10] | Or, as his friends call him, Marvellous Mervyn. | 或者用他朋友的叫法 神奇Mervyn |
[09:14] | It’s a no brainer, Pete. | 他没脑子 Pete |
[09:16] | We pay 20 pence a pop, re-label ’em as mince, | 我们花20便士收购 重新标记为肉馅 |
[09:19] | ramp ’em up to half a quid, ship ’em out to Billy in Morocco | 再卖到半英镑 出口到摩洛哥给Billy |
[09:22] | and Robert’s your Mum’s younger brother. | Robert是你妈妈的小兄弟 |
[09:30] | He was a millionaire at the age of 27, bankrupt by 30. | 27岁的时候是百万富翁 30岁的时候破产 |
[09:34] | He start… | 他… |
[09:37] | He started off as a snotty-nosed kid selling Rubik’s cubes in the 80s, | 他80年代还是个小鬼的时候 靠卖卢比克魔方起家 |
[09:41] | at 18 went to Spain selling timeshares, | 18岁的时候去了西班牙 专卖分时度假房 |
[09:43] | before getting involved in the dot com frenzy of the 90s. | 然后90年代被互联网热浪卷了进去 |
[09:45] | It’s not hard, Garry. Either you are in or you are out. | 不难选 Garry 要么赶上潮流 要么被潮流淘汰 |
[09:49] | I’ve given you a vision of the future here, my son, | 我这是给你描绘未来宏图 孩子 |
[09:51] | which you cannot fully comprehend with your head up your arse. | 而你这个长在屁股上的脑袋 是完全不能理解的 |
[09:57] | Started Dreamfixer five years ago. | 5年前建立了Dreamfixer |
[10:00] | He sees himself as a trailblazer, always searching for the next big thing. | 他视自己为先驱者 总是寻找下一个大卖点 |
[10:04] | He finds a band wagon, jumps on it, makes what he can, then bails out, | 他发现一个潮流技术 就投身进去 赚个锅碗瓢盆满 然后抽身而出 |
[10:07] | leaving anyone who’s spent money with him trailing in his wake. | 让那些跟他一起投钱的人给他收拾残局 |
[10:10] | He runs 18 websites. | 他有18个网站 |
[10:11] | One of them selling what he calls fourth generation mobile phones. | 其中一个销售所谓的第四代手机 |
[10:15] | – The one Mickey used. – Yeah. | – 就是Mickey用的那个 – 对 |
[10:17] | So he’s an opportunist? | 他是个投机主义者吗 |
[10:19] | You could say that, yeah, but he once described himself as a visionary. | 你可以这么说 不过他曾 把自己称作卓有远见者 |
[10:23] | I can think of a better word for him. | 我觉得我能想出个更好的词给他 |
[10:25] | The point is, this guy doesn’t think he’s a crook. | 问题是 这个家伙不觉得自己是个混球 |
[10:29] | He thinks he’s an entrepreneur. | 他觉得自己是个企业家 |
[10:34] | The way I see it, | 我所认为的是 |
[10:36] | you’ve got to be in it to win it, so all I’m saying is, people, | 舍不得孩子套不住狼 所以我想说的是 各位 |
[10:40] | you load my gun for me | 你们给我的枪上好弹 |
[10:42] | and I’ll shoot. | 我就能打 |
[10:48] | Thank you very much for your time. | 抱歉占用了你们的时间 |
[10:50] | I’m happy to take questions. | 我很乐意回答你们的问题 |
[10:52] | Hi, Mervyn, I’m Peter. | 嗨 Mervyn 我是Peter |
[10:54] | Can I just say, your presentation, | 你的展示 |
[10:55] | from the way you look to your pitch, was absolutely first class. | 不管是你的外观看上去 还是你的论调 都是一级棒的 |
[10:59] | But more importantly, I thought your idea was the best idea I’ve ever heard. | 不过更重要的是 我觉得你的想法 是我所听到过的最好的想法 |
[11:04] | So I’m not going to waste any time, I’m in for the full half million pounds. | 我也不准备浪费时间 我要投资整整50万英镑 |
[11:08] | Mervyn, I agree. | Mervyn 我同意 |
[11:10] | I think, not only have you got a fabulous idea, | 我觉得 不仅仅是因为你有绝妙的想法 |
[11:12] | I think you’re someone I can really work with. | 我还认为你是一个我所能真正共事的人 |
[11:14] | That is mega, Debs. Can I call you Debs? | 太棒了 Debs 我能叫你Debs吗 |
[11:16] | – No, you can’t. – OK. | – 不 你不能这么叫 – 行 |
[11:18] | I’m going to beat Peter’s offer, but just give me a minute. | 我要压过Peter的出资额 但是稍等 |
[11:21] | I want to hear what Duncan’s got to say. | 我想听听Duncan是怎么说的 |
[11:22] | I tell you where I am. | 我告诉你我的想法 |
[11:23] | I like you and I can recognise an entrepreneur when I see one, | 我很喜欢你 我也能看出你真的是一个企业家 |
[11:28] | so I’m going to offer you all the money, | 所以我决定投资全额 |
[11:31] | but not for the 10% you’ve suggested. | 而不是你要的10% |
[11:37] | Five. | |
[11:41] | No, hang on. 5%? I want to revise my offer. | 什么 等等 5%? 我要重新提出要约 |
[11:44] | Hold on, I haven’t made my offer yet. | 等等 我还没提呢 |
[11:46] | Yeah, but I made the offer first. | 对 但是我先提的 |
[11:47] | – You had your chance. – Oh, shut up, Duncan. | – 你已经提过了 – 闭嘴吧 Duncan |
[11:50] | Mervyn, whatever these guys offer you, I’ll beat it. | Mervyn 不管这两个给你什么条件 我都会压过去的 |
[11:53] | You haven’t heard what I’ve got to say yet. | 你还没听我要说什么呢 |
[11:54] | I’m not interested in what you’re going to say. | 我对你要说什么一点兴趣都没 |
[12:04] | Do we know how to find him? | 知道怎么找到他吗 |
[12:06] | Yeah, well he’s hardly the shy and retiring type. | 知道 他不是那种深居简出型的 |
[12:15] | OK, let’s reel him in. | 好了 钓他上钩吧 |
[12:25] | – Dry cleaning. – Yeah. | – 干洗的吗 – 对 |
[12:27] | – Diary. – Yeah. | – 日记本呢 – 带了 |
[12:28] | – Masseuse. – Yeah. | – 按摩师 – 叫好了 |
[12:30] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[12:32] | Dave, you’re late, you muppet. | Dave 你迟到了 你个懒鬼 |
[12:35] | Mug. | 傻瓜 |
[12:47] | If Marvellous Mervyn wants the next big thing, then we have to give it to him. | 如果神奇Mervyn想要下一个卖点 我们就要给他找一个来 |
[12:51] | Any ideas? | 有想法吗 |
[12:52] | Well, it’s new technology I suppose, you know blue-ray, touch phones. | 我猜应该是新科技产品 蓝光 触屏手机 |
[12:55] | No most advances are online now, aren’t they, like social networking sites and viral campaigns. | 不 最高新的科技都是网络产品 不是吗 好像社交网站和病毒营销 |
[13:00] | Yeah, I’ll work on it, you know, | 对 我会研究的 |
[13:02] | but let’s see how Albert gets on getting us an inside track. | 我们看看Albert能挖到什么内幕消息 |
[13:05] | OK. | 行 |
[13:06] | Oi, Eddie! Whack the music up, will ya! | 喂 Eddie 把音量开响点 好么 |
[13:11] | We’ve got to do something about this. | 我们要想点对策 |
[13:26] | I gave you that order two days ago and you ain’t delivered. | 我两天前就把订单给你了 你到现在都没送货 |
[13:30] | It’s as simple as that. I can easily go and get someone else. | 这么简单的事情 我随便抓个人都能做 |
[13:32] | No ifs, no buts, just get it done, all right, son. Call me back. | 不要如果 不要但是 给我搞定 好吧 小伙子 然后回我电话 |
[13:36] | What’s wrong with this geezer? | 这人有什么毛病啊 |
[13:42] | To get my business, you have to GET my business. | 要和我做生意 你必须了解我的生意 |
[13:47] | All this namby pamby “brand building” shite is old hat. | 这什么鬼东西”品牌建设”都是陈词滥调 |
[13:50] | Take it away, I don’t want to know. | 拿走 我不想看 |
[13:53] | Business is about the bottom line. | 做生意 就是要触及底线 |
[13:55] | As far as I’m concerned, turnover is vanity, profit is sanity. Yes? | 我说知道的是 营业额都是虚的 净收入才是正道 懂吗 |
[13:59] | – Yes, but… – No buts. I don’t want to hear ’em. | – 对 但是… – 别说但是 我不想听 |
[14:02] | Oh, see, eh? | 瞧见没 |
[14:05] | That’s the trouble with you marketing people, you’re too touchy feely. | 这就是你们搞营销的人的问题了 你们总是太感情化了 |
[14:08] | Repeat, business is for mugs, | 再说一遍 生意就是做给傻瓜们 |
[14:10] | people who didn’t take enough off the punter the first time. | 第一时间不把顾客剥光的人 |
[14:14] | Look… | 这样吧 |
[14:19] | ..let me sharpen the pencil for you. | 让我来给你们指点迷津 |
[14:21] | When the rubber meets the road, the scenery only changes for the lead dog. | 要是发车上路 风景只留给领头人 |
[14:26] | Write that down. | 记下来 |
[14:29] | So, let’s run things up the flagpole, see who salutes. | 我们就运作起来 摇好旗子 看谁买账了 |
[14:35] | Right, er…Well, | 对 呃 这样吧 |
[14:37] | with direct sales, the key is identifying the market, | 零售业的关键是市场定位 |
[14:41] | – focusing your advertising. – Advertising? | – 着眼于广告 – 广告? |
[14:44] | Turn it in. | 得了吧 |
[14:45] | There’s no point polishing a turd, we need to think outside the box, | 是团屎还磨什么光 我们要跳出来看事情 |
[14:49] | look at the big picture, eat the elephant one bite at a time. | 纵观大局 一口吞掉大象 |
[14:52] | – Eastern Europe? – What about it? | – 东欧呢 – 怎么了 |
[14:54] | Development opportunities in both domestic and commercial infrastructure. | 国内和商业基础设施建设 都具有很大的发展潜力 |
[14:58] | We’re living in a new world, doll, post credit crunch. Think global. | 我们活在新世界当中 美人儿 信用紧缩前期 要有全球性思维 |
[15:02] | Global, right… | 全球 对 |
[15:04] | Oh, drop me out. Look, I tell you what, | 我不想听了 告诉你们吧 |
[15:06] | go back to your swanky offices, get your team together, | 回你们那花哨的办公室 把队伍叫起来 |
[15:09] | throw a few things on the ground, see if the chickens peck. | 扔点东西到地上 看看鸟啄不啄 |
[15:12] | No, they’re not eating. | 他们不吃 |
[15:16] | Er, we’ll be in touch. | 呃 保持联系 |
[15:19] | We live in hope. | 希望常在 |
[15:21] | Yes, yes. | 好 好 |
[15:25] | Both got business degrees, couldn’t run an ice cream van. | 两个人都有商学位 结果连冰淇淋货车都开不来 |
[15:28] | Still, you wouldn’t kick her out, would ya? | 不过 你可不能炒了她 对吧 |
[15:30] | Right, lasagne for her, easy on the garlic. | 好了 给她来宽意面 蒜放少一点 |
[15:33] | I’ll have fillet steak, chunky chips and onion rings on the side. | 我要里脊牛排 厚薯片 旁边放点洋葱圈 |
[15:36] | How would you like your steak, Sir? | 牛排煎到什么程度 先生 |
[15:38] | Rip its horns off and wipe its arse. | 割了牛角 拍拍牛屁股 |
[15:41] | – Blue? – Blue as you like, | – 生的 – 你要叫生的也行 |
[15:41] | but if a decent vet couldn’t save it, it’s overdone. | 但只要是个合格的兽医不能救活它 就算煎过头了 |
[15:43] | All right son, on you go. | 行了小子 可以走了 |
[15:58] | It’s electric, darlin’. | 这是电动的 亲爱的 |
[16:00] | Paul? Yeah we’ve got the plans back. | Paul 对 我们已经拿回计划书了 |
[16:03] | They ran tests on the prototype yesterday and we had 100% success rate. | 他们昨天在模型上做了实验 有100%的成功率 |
[16:08] | It’s exciting, isn’t it? | 振奋人心 不是吗 |
[16:10] | Yes, but we need to keep it under wraps until the launch next week. | 对 不过在下周发布之前 我们要保持低调 |
[16:14] | I want you organising the press and the marketing people, | 我想让你找好媒体和营销人员 |
[16:18] | and I’ll talk to the investors. | 我会和投资方谈话的 |
[16:20] | I wouldn’t worry about that, this is going to be so big | 我可不担心 这可是件大事 |
[16:22] | the press are going to be coming in droves. | 媒体会蜂拥而至的 |
[16:25] | Yes, all right, fine. | 对 没错 好 |
[16:27] | I’ll call you later with an update. Bye. | 我晚点再电话你最新消息 再见 |
[16:37] | Yeah, Albert’s in with him now. | 对 Albert在里面和他一起 |
[16:39] | I’m going to interrupt him in ten minutes. | 我过10分钟要进去插话 |
[16:41] | OK. Ash has done the Henry Cole stuff. | Ash已经把Henry Cole的资料填好了 |
[16:43] | He’s done a full website, Wikepedia, the works. | 整个网页都做了 维基百科和其他的 |
[16:46] | The search engines should light him up like a Christmas tree. | 搜索引擎上的资料够他乐呵的了 |
[17:10] | All right? | 还好吧 |
[17:12] | Right. | 挺好 |
[17:15] | Sorry. Mervyn Lloyd. | 打扰了 Mervyn Lloyd |
[17:18] | Henry Cole. | |
[17:20] | This is my assistant, Rosie. | 这是我的助手 Rosie |
[17:25] | How’s your grub? | 你吃的如何 |
[17:27] | Very nice grub. Thank you. | 很好的食物 谢谢 |
[17:32] | What kind of business you in, Henry? | 你是做什么生意的 Henry |
[17:34] | I’m in venture capital,but occasionally I take new products into the market. | 我搞风险投资 不过有时也向市场输出点新玩意儿 |
[17:39] | Oh, yeah? | 真的吗 |
[17:41] | Anything interesting in the pipeline? | 现在有什么感兴趣的东西吗 |
[17:43] | One or two. | 一两件 |
[17:45] | Cards close to your chest, eh? I like it. Good man. | 守口如瓶 是吧 我喜欢 好家伙 |
[17:50] | I’m CEO of Dreamfixer Enterprises. | 我是Dreamfixer公司的首席执行官 |
[17:53] | – Ha? – Dreamfixer Enterprises. | – 什么 – Dreamfixer公司 |
[17:56] | I never heard of it. | 从没听说过 |
[17:58] | Oh, you will, don’t worry about that. | 你会听说的 别担心 |
[18:00] | Card. | 名片 |
[18:02] | Come on, come on. What’s the matter with you? | 快点 快点 你又有什么毛病了 |
[18:07] | Maybe we should have a little meet, | 也许我们该喝个小茶 |
[18:09] | see if there’s any way we could do some business together. | 看看我们能不能一起做生意 |
[18:12] | I’m afraid I only in London for a couple of weeks and my diary is full. | 恐怕我只能在伦敦停留一两个礼拜 而行程排得很满 |
[18:15] | – But thank you. – I’m flexible. | – 但是谢谢 – 我时间表不紧 |
[18:17] | Mr Cole, it’s 1.45, and your appointment with Mr Branson is at two. | Cole先生 已经1:45了 您和Branson先生的会面是在2点 |
[18:20] | Thank you, John. May I have the cheque, please? | 谢谢 John 买单 |
[18:23] | Here. Not Richard Branson, is it? | 这儿呢 不是Richard Branson吧 |
[18:27] | As a matter of fact, it is. Do you know him? | 事实上呢 是他 你认识吗 |
[18:30] | Well… No, not personally. | 这个 不是私人关系上的认识 |
[18:34] | Well, it’s a great pleasure to have talked with you. | 和你谈话很高兴 |
[18:36] | And you. | 你也是 |
[18:37] | Thank you very much. Rosie. | 谢谢 Rosie |
[18:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:39] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[18:47] | That went well. | 进展得挺顺利 |
[19:27] | You all right, Mick? | 你还好吧 Mick? |
[19:29] | Yeah, fine. | 挺好 |
[19:32] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[19:33] | Nothing. We were just chatting. | 没什么 我们只是在聊天 |
[19:35] | Chatting? | 聊天吗 |
[19:36] | Yeah. | 对 |
[19:37] | What about? | 聊什么 |
[19:39] | Nothing. The consensus is that someone else should run the con. | 没什么 只是大家都觉得 应该让其他人主导这个骗局 |
[19:45] | Look, no offence, but it sort of makes sense. | 瞧 不是针对你 但是这样比较保险 |
[19:49] | Yeah, just until you get your mojo back. | 对 直到你找回你的魔力 |
[19:54] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[19:55] | That’s not exactly what we decided. | 确切地说 这不是我们讨论的东西 |
[19:57] | No, no, no. We thought we’d make it a bit more democratic. | 不 不 不 我们觉得还是民主点好 |
[19:59] | The highest card runs the con. | 点数最高的主导骗局 |
[20:02] | Just in case, you know, it’s better. | 以防万一 你知道的 这样更好 |
[20:05] | Couldn’t hurt. Hmm. | 也没什么损失吧 |
[20:42] | Ash runs the con. | Ash主导 |
[20:47] | You OK? | 你还好吧 |
[20:50] | It’s funny, you know. I’ve watched Mickey do this a million times. | 真奇怪 我看着Mickey做这个千百次了 |
[20:53] | I know and he makes it look so easy as well. | 我知道 他总是看起来那么轻松 |
[20:56] | The thing is, right, I’m a fixer. | 事实是 我是一个幕后工作者 |
[20:58] | What Mickey does is like chess. I’m more of a footie man, you know. | Mickey就是纵观大局 我更适合修补细节的 |
[21:01] | Do you want some help? | 你要我帮忙吗 |
[21:04] | Yeah. | 要 |
[21:06] | It’s just the last few details I’m struggling with. | 还有最后几个细节我没弄好 |
[21:08] | OK. | 说说看 |
[21:08] | Like what’s the plan, who does what and how much do we take him for? | 比如说计划是什么 谁来执行和我们要骗他多少 |
[21:11] | Right. Those little things make all the difference. | 对 就是这些细节左右大局 |
[21:13] | Yeah, that’s what I figured. | 对 我也是这样想的 |
[21:17] | It’s hard, isn’t it? | 很难 是吗 |
[21:25] | Not if you play to your strengths. | 除非你是用自己的长处来干 |
[21:27] | – How? – I’m a fixer, remember. | – 怎么说 – 我是搞细节的 记得吗 |
[21:29] | Something needs doing, I find the best way to make it happen. | 需要什么条件 我就尽力把条件做到充分 |
[21:33] | We find someone to point us in the right direction. | 我们需要一个人来给我们指明方向 我们需要找人帮我们点拨一下 |
[21:37] | Where’s Mickey? | Mickey在哪 |
[21:45] | All right, Mick? | Mick 你还好吗 |
[21:46] | Yeah. Yeah. | 还好啦 |
[21:48] | – Is everything all right? – Yeah, yeah. | – 一切都还好? – 那是当然 |
[21:51] | I thought you’d be busy working out a plan. | 我还以为你们在忙着想计划呢 |
[21:53] | No, no, no. We’ve already got that sussed, haven’t we, Emms? | 不 不 不 我们早就想好咯 是吧 Emms |
[21:55] | Yes. | 那当然 |
[21:59] | So what’s first? | 那你们先怎么搞的 |
[21:59] | Well, this Lloyd bloke is the kind of bloke who loves to be in control of his own destiny, | 嗯 这个Lloyd是喜欢把命运 掌握在自己手中的家伙 |
[22:06] | which ties in with the whole entrepreneur thing. | 就是这些企业家做的事 |
[22:08] | So the first stage is to get him to come after us,rather than the other way around. | 所以第一步就是让他来找我们 而不是反过来 |
[22:12] | – Clever. – Isn’t it? | – 聪明 – 是吧 |
[22:14] | And how are you going to do that? | 那你具体要怎么做呢 |
[22:16] | Well, I’m very glad you asked me that. | 嗯 我很高兴你会这样问 |
[22:17] | It’s completely brilliant, you’ll never guess. | 这点子太赞了 你猜不到的 |
[22:20] | – No? – No chance. | – 猜不到吗 – 猜不到哟 |
[22:22] | OK. | 好吧 |
[22:25] | – So you need him to come to you? – Yeah. | – 那你需要他来找你 – 是的 |
[22:29] | Which means you’ll have to put him one step ahead, | 这意味着你要先他一步 |
[22:32] | make him think he’s playing you not the other way round. | 让他觉得他是在耍你玩 而不是反过来 |
[22:34] | You won’t get it. | 你不会明白的 |
[22:36] | So he has to get information not from us, but from someone else. | 所以他不是从我们这得到信息 而是从其他的地方 |
[22:39] | Ah, well, you see, that’s the obvious part. | 你看 这是最明显的了 |
[22:41] | How, is the clever bit. | 但是 怎么搞 这才是精华 |
[22:45] | Yet we can’t trust anyone else. So… | 我们还不能相信其他人 所以… |
[22:49] | That only leaves one thing. | 那只有一个办法了 |
[22:51] | You’re going to put one of us on his side. | 你要把我们中的一位安插到他那里去 |
[22:54] | You’ve already set Sean up as Albert’s assistant, you’ll get him sacked. | 你已经把Sean作为Albert的助理 你就把他解雇 |
[22:56] | He’ll play the disgruntled ex-employee. | 他来扮演不满的前雇员 |
[22:58] | The mark will offer him a job for information. | 那个傻子肯定会给他一个工作来套信息 |
[23:01] | Exactly! Ash, that’s genius. | 就是这样 Ash 这太帅了 |
[23:03] | Oh, well, you know, I wouldn’t say genius. | 我觉得不能说帅吧 |
[23:06] | I couldn’t believe it myself when he told me… just now. | 他刚刚跟说的时候我也不敢相信呢 |
[23:08] | Yeah, well, I suppose I’d better go and talk to Sean. Set things up. | 我想现在最好跟Sean谈谈 把事情处理处理 |
[23:13] | Go ahead. I’ll come and help. | 好的 我也去帮忙 |
[23:14] | – ?? – Ok. | 好的 |
[23:50] | The words eat and horse spring to mind. | 吃和马两个词闪现在我脑中 |
[23:53] | Henry, good to see you again. | Henry 很高兴又见到您 |
[23:57] | I’m sorry, have we met somewhere? | 很抱歉 我们在哪见过吗 |
[23:59] | Yeah, yesterday. I was in the restaurant. Mervyn Lloyd. | 是的 昨天 在餐厅的时候 我是Mervyn Lloyd |
[24:02] | Mr Cole, I’m so sorry. | Cole先生 很抱歉 |
[24:03] | You’re sorry? You’re 25 minutes late. | 抱歉 你迟到了25分钟 |
[24:05] | The traffic was a nightmare. | 交通太堵了 |
[24:06] | You should have left earlier, I don’t like standing outside like an idiot. | 你要是早点出发 我也不至于像个傻帽样站在外面 |
[24:10] | – Sorry. – Give me the keys. | – 不好意思 – 把钥匙给我 |
[24:11] | – Sorry? – I’ll drive. | – 怎么了 – 我来开 |
[24:13] | I couldn’t do a worse job than you. | 再差也比你好 |
[24:14] | Shall I meet you back at the office? | 那我回办公室等您吗 |
[24:15] | No you shall not. You’re fired. | 你不用了 你被解雇了 |
[24:18] | What? You can’t do that. | 什么 您不能这样 |
[24:20] | I just did. | 我就这样了 |
[24:35] | What a day. | 今天真倒霉啊 |
[24:37] | Let me get that. | 我来请 |
[24:39] | Cheers. | 谢啦 |
[24:40] | Make it two, darlin’. | 再来一杯 亲爱的 |
[24:41] | Plus a little cheeky one for yourself if you fancy it. | 你要是喜欢也给你自己来一杯吧 |
[24:45] | Didn’t I see you in here yesterday? | 我是不是昨天见过你啊 |
[24:46] | Yeah, I was on the next table to your boss. | 是啊 我坐在你老板桌子的旁边 |
[24:49] | Ex-boss. | 前老板 |
[24:50] | Yeah, I saw him going into one. Bit OTT, weren’t it? | 是啊 我之前看到你们了 他有点过 是吧 |
[24:54] | He’s a stickler for time keeping. | 他对守时的要求近乎苛刻 |
[24:57] | Bloody yanks, eh? | 该死的美国佬 是吧 |
[24:59] | Too right. | 太对了 |
[25:00] | Lovely, babe. | 谢啦 宝贝 |
[25:02] | So what was it you did for him, exactly? | 那你究竟是为他做什么的呢 |
[25:05] | What didn’t I do? | 我还有什么不做的吗 |
[25:06] | Wake him up in the morning, keep his diary, sort his flights, | 帮他叫早 整理工作日程 联系机票 |
[25:10] | take him to meetings, pay his bills, wiped his backside. | 带他去开会 帮他付账还有搓背 |
[25:14] | All the important stuff. Fail to plan and you plan to fail. | 都是重要的事情啊 你要是出错他就完蛋咯 |
[25:17] | As far as I’m concerned he can, shove his job where the sun does not shine. | 据我的了解 他就算是错的也会一意孤行的 |
[25:21] | – Listen, er… – John. | – 听着 呃… |
[25:22] | John. He was telling me about this new product thing. | John 他告诉我关于这些新产品的事情 |
[25:27] | Er, What was it? | 呃 是什么呢 |
[25:28] | – Oh, that. – Yeah. | – 哦 就是那个啊 – 嗯 |
[25:29] | He’s been like a dog with two dicks for weeks. | 他这几个星期为了这件事忙得跟狗样的 |
[25:32] | That good, is it? | 那么好啊 是吧 |
[25:34] | – Supposed to be. – Remind me. It’s like a… | – 大概是的吧 – 提醒我 就像是… |
[25:36] | – Hardly talked about anything else. – He did tell me. It’s sort of a… | – 其他的恕无可奉告 – 他确实跟我说了 就像是… |
[25:39] | Sick of hearing about it, if I’m totally honest. | 说实话吧 他的东西我都听吐了 |
[25:41] | – This, um… – New thing. | – 这个 嗯… – 新东西 |
[25:42] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[25:43] | Listen, thanks for the drink. But I better grab a cab. | 嗯 谢谢请我喝酒 我还是要搭车走了 |
[25:46] | Listen, John. | 听着 John |
[25:48] | Can I put my cards on the table? | 我能有话直说吗 |
[25:51] | Spell out the big picture? | 从大方向来考虑 |
[25:55] | I’m always looking for bright young people to join my organisation. | 我一直致力于把有才能的年轻人 招致我的麾下 |
[25:58] | As far as I’m concerned, moving forward, young is the new old. | 在我看来 不断向前 年轻就是资本 |
[26:03] | People who don’t just think outside the box, | 大家都不仅仅站在盒子外想 |
[26:05] | they rip up the box, trample it, throw it around the room for a bit | 他们把盒子撕碎 蹂躏 撒的满屋子都是 |
[26:07] | and put it back together again, as a circle. | 最后又把它拼在一起 这就是一个循环 |
[26:11] | I’m not sure I’m following. | 我没怎么听得懂 |
[26:12] | I want to get your dance card. | 我想请你跳舞 |
[26:15] | We’re putting the band back together. | 我们要把队伍重新组起来 |
[26:16] | We were never in a band. | 但是我们从来就不在一起的啊 |
[26:17] | Oh, just do me a favour. I’m offering you a job, son. | 哦 饶了我们 我是给你份工作的 小子 |
[26:21] | You and me, and that’s not bad grammar, there’s no “I” in team. | 你和我 这不是说笑 我们俩一起 |
[26:24] | – What d’you say? – Doing what? | – 你觉得呢 – 干什么呢 |
[26:26] | Right hand man. | 我的左右手 |
[26:27] | A bit like you were doing with the yank, but without the earache. | 有点像你在美国佬那做的事情一样 只是耳朵不会痛啦 |
[26:31] | Thanks very much. | 十分感谢 |
[26:33] | My head’s all over the place at the moment. | 我的头有点天旋地转的 |
[26:35] | Can I think about it? | 能容我想想吗 |
[26:36] | Tell you what. You’ve had a rough day. | 这样吧 今天你过的很糟糕 |
[26:39] | I appreciate that. | 我能了解 |
[26:40] | Go home, sleep on it, shake the tree, count the apples, | 回到家 好好休息休息 |
[26:43] | then come and see me tomorrow morning, OK? | 明早来见我 好吗 |
[26:46] | OK. Thanks. | 好的 谢啦 |
[26:48] | Top man. Go on, skedaddle. | 好孩子 去吧 闪吧 |
[27:00] | Everything OK? | 一切都好吗 |
[27:01] | Yeah, yeah. It’s all slipping into place, you know. | 嗯 不错 一切都就位了 |
[27:04] | Good. | 好的 |
[27:06] | How’s it going, Albert? | Albert 你那怎么样 |
[27:07] | Seems OK, just hope he takes the bait. | 还好 希望他能上钩吧 |
[27:11] | How’s your luck? | 你的运气呢 |
[27:12] | Worse than ever. | 差到极点 |
[27:14] | How about a quick game of stud? | 快速的来一局吗 |
[27:17] | You don’t see it as taking advantage? | 你不认为我是在占你的便宜吗 |
[27:20] | No, no, no. I see it as utilising favourable circumstances. | 不 不 不 我只是认为你情况略占上风 |
[27:32] | Albert, this, um…this curse. | Albert 这种 呃…诅咒 |
[27:37] | You don’t believe it’s real, do you? | 你不相信它是真的吧 是吗 |
[27:39] | Well, the old time grifters used to swear by it. | 嗯 以前骗子们都向他发誓 |
[27:41] | That wasn’t my question. | 这不是我的问题 |
[27:43] | What if there’s no such thing as the curse? | 如果就没有诅咒这档子事情呢 |
[27:45] | What if I’m simply losing my touch, getting too confident. | 如果只是我手感不好 有点太自信了 |
[27:50] | I never would have fallen for a scam like this a year ago. | 我一年前不是掉进这样的局里的 |
[27:53] | You’re being too tough on yourself. | 你对自已要求太多了 |
[27:55] | You made an error in judgement, that’s all. | 你只是做了一个错误的决定 仅此而已 |
[27:59] | And what if I make the same kind of error of again? | 那如果我还再犯同样的错误呢 |
[28:00] | Only this time, in the middle of a con? | 只是这次 是在骗局中 |
[28:02] | – Well, then you ride… – My luck? | – 呃 那你就跑了… – 运气? |
[28:05] | Yes. | 是的 |
[28:07] | Luck is a uniquely difficult thing to understand, | 运气是唯一十分难以理解的东西 |
[28:10] | I mean there’s no scientific evaluation, ?? | 我意思是没有科学的估算 |
[28:14] | no rhyme or reason why some people have it other people don’t. | 没有规律和原因为什么 有人有而有人没有 |
[28:19] | What if it’s just a figment of our imaginations? | 那如果只是我们想象臆造出来的呢 |
[28:22] | Well, maybe it is, | 嗯 也许是的吧 |
[28:24] | still powerful just the same. | 但是还是非常有影响 |
[28:29] | You know what the odds are for winning the National Lottery? | 你知道赢得国家彩票的概率是多少 |
[28:33] | 14 million to one. | 一千四百万分之一 |
[28:36] | Now if that was a horse race, the horse’s odds would have to be based on | 那如果是赌马的话 马的胜率应根据 |
[28:40] | the fact that it was blind, | 它是不是瞎的 |
[28:43] | without a jockey | 有没有骑师 |
[28:45] | and missing one leg. | 少没少腿 |
[28:48] | People still want to play, why? | 但是大家还是想去赌 为什么 |
[28:52] | Because they think they might get lucky. | 因为他们觉得自己肯定会走运 |
[28:55] | Right. | 是的 |
[28:57] | Sean just called, he’s on his way back. | Sean刚才打电话来 他在回来的路上 |
[29:00] | And? | 还有呢 |
[29:01] | He’s going to the Dreamfixer offices tomorrow morning. | 他明早去Dreamfixer的办公室 |
[29:14] | Flush beats kings. | 同花赢对K |
[29:29] | Sorry it’s taken so long, guys, | 兄弟们 不好意思来迟了 |
[29:30] | only Katie’s still finding her way around the bar, you know. | 只是Katie还在来酒吧的路上 |
[29:34] | They’re on the house as well. | 他们是免费的哟 |
[29:37] | They’re what? | 他们什么 |
[29:38] | She’s not that good at adding up either. | 她也不擅长算术 |
[29:40] | So who are this lot? | 那这些人是谁 |
[29:42] | Hen night. | 女子婚前单身派对 |
[29:43] | They look like they’re having fun. | 他们看起来爽歪歪的样子 |
[29:44] | So far but there’ll be a riot in a minute, | 那是现在 等会就会有骚乱咯 |
[29:46] | the stripper’s just cancelled. | 那个脱衣舞男刚刚说不来了 |
[29:48] | Now you mention it. You all right, girls. | 既然这样 姑娘们 那就我来吧 |
[29:50] | – Sean! We’re working. – Oh, well. | – Sean 我们在谈正事呢 – 嗯 好吧 |
[29:52] | Back to the grindstone. | 回去工作咯 |
[29:55] | I mean, I’m sorry, you know, | 我觉得 有点不好意思 |
[29:56] | seeing Eddie this happy, it’s just not natural, | 只是看到Eddie这么快活 有点不正常 |
[29:59] | – is it? – No. | – 是吗 – 不 |
[30:00] | The sooner things get back to normal, the better.Okay, where are we? | 事情越早进入正轨越好 我们说到哪了 |
[30:02] | Mervyn’s primed and ready to go, I set up a meeting with him tomorrow morning. | Mervyn已经整装待发了 我安排明早和他有场会议 |
[30:06] | What’s next? | 然后呢 |
[30:07] | It hinges on him thinking we’ve got the next big thing. | 我们要让他相信 我们手中有引领下一场潮流的东西 |
[30:10] | Which we haven’t. | 但是我们还没有 |
[30:10] | No. But by the time he finds out, we’ll be long gone. | 是没有 但是等到他察觉的时候 我们早就闪远咯 |
[30:13] | It’s just like poker. | 就像打牌一样 |
[30:14] | It’s not important what you’ve got | 重要的不是你手头的牌怎么样 |
[30:16] | it’s what the other guy thinks you’ve got. | 而且其他人觉得你手头的牌怎么样 |
[30:18] | OK. So where does Sean take him tomorrow? | 好的 那Sean明天带他去哪儿呢 |
[30:20] | I think I’ve come up with something might work. | 我想到一件可能有用的事情 |
[30:22] | Me and Ash talked it through all afternoon.right? | 我和Ash整个下午都在谈这个问题 是吧 |
[30:24] | As Mervyn isn’t the brightest star in the galaxy, we thought we’d go for the most obvious. | 因为Mervyn不是那帮人中最厉害的 我们得找些明显的事 |
[30:28] | Which is? | 就是… |
[30:29] | The bogus inventor? | 假的发明家吗 |
[30:31] | Yes. So Sean could lead him to the inventor guy. | 是的 Sean会带他去见发明者 |
[30:34] | Who’s just invented this great new product, you see, and… | 他刚有了项伟大的发明 然后… |
[30:38] | And, and he’s disillusioned with the offer he got from Albert | 然后 他对Albert提出 买断他产权的金额大失所望 |
[30:41] | so he can be persuaded to shift his allegiance for the right price. | 所以我们就加大金额让他卖给我们 |
[30:45] | Exactly! | 就是这样 |
[30:46] | That’s brilliant, Ash. | 太赞了 Ash |
[30:47] | Yes, it is. | 是的 就是 |
[30:48] | Then we can bounce him on to the university, you know,make it look more authentic. | 而且我们还带他去学校看看 搞的更像是真的 |
[30:53] | One thing,??? he doesn’t know what it is? | 只有一个问题 他都不知道是什么东西 你怎么卖给他呢 |
[30:56] | You can bluff, but you’ve got to give him something. | 你可以吹牛 但是你至少要拿出点东西来吧 |
[30:58] | Well, I knew it would have to be some kind of new gadget, | 嗯 我知道我们要有点新东西 |
[31:01] | So…so I’ve been working on this. | 所以 我就在研究了 |
[31:09] | That’s brilliant. | 有意思 |
[31:11] | – Yes. – Yeah, it’s fantastic. | – 是的 – 是的 很赞 |
[31:12] | Oh, no, that’s more than fantastic, that is flamin’ genius. | – 不 不 不仅仅是赞了 – 这是太TMD赞了 |
[31:17] | Yeah, right. Next problem is the convincer. | 是的啊 下个问题是让他要相信 |
[31:19] | Now we know we can’t let him win a small deal first, | 既然我们知道不能让他先小小的获利下 |
[31:22] | – so we have to try something different. – Go on. | – 那我们就要换种策略 – 继续说 |
[31:24] | Sean tells him he doesn’t know what the product is exactly, | Sean跟他说他自己也不知道是什么东西 |
[31:27] | but he does know what meetings Albert has tomorrow. | 但是他知道Albert明天要开什么会 |
[31:30] | One of which is with the inventor. | 其中一个就是和这个发明家 |
[31:31] | Yeah, but before that, we whet his appetite. | 是的 在此之前 我们要吊他的胃口 |
[31:34] | How? | 怎么吊 |
[31:35] | That’s where you come in, Albert. | Albert 那就是你的事啦 |
[31:36] | Oh, no, not me, I’m out. I don’t… | 哦 不 不是我吧 我不干 我不… |
[31:39] | Not quite. | 不完全是 |
[31:41] | You know every concierge and maitre’d in London right? | London那些看门的你都认识吧 |
[31:44] | Yes, I do. | 嗯 是的 |
[31:45] | Then I need you to find out where these people are between 11 and three. | 那我需要知道这些人在11点到3点之间都在哪 |
[31:57] | OK, so we’re good to go. | 好的 我们可以行动了 |
[31:58] | Yes, we are. | 是的 |
[32:08] | Oh, please don’t tell me he’s actually going to… | 哦 不要跟我说 他要… |
[32:10] | This is disgusting. | 太恶心了 |
[32:20] | You’ve heard of the Chippendale. | 你知道Chippendale家族的 |
[32:22] | Oh, no, oh! | 哦 不 哦 |
[32:23] | It’s the balsa wood! | 这个有过之而无不及 |
[32:36] | I’m going to wash my eyes out with mouthwash. | 我要用我的漱口水把眼好好洗洗 |
[32:38] | I never knew he had it in him. | 我都不知道他还好这口子 |
[32:39] | Ah, the things these old eyes have seen…oh! | 哦 我老眼看到的东西啊! |
[32:43] | It was obscene. | 太淫秽了 |
[32:44] | Oh, come on, it was a bit of fun. | 哦 好了吧 还是有点意思的哟 |
[32:45] | Even the soda siphon bit? | 甚至是吸苏打水的那段吗 |
[32:47] | I’ll admit that was a little over enthusiastic. | 我承认那有点太过激情 |
[32:50] | He nearly had that poor girl’s eye out. | 他差点把那姑娘的眼睛吸出来 |
[32:53] | Hey, what do you say, Mr Stroller, | 嘿 Stroller先生 你说怎么样 |
[32:55] | you give a guy a chance to win his money back. | 给人家一个机会把钱赢回来 |
[32:56] | A gambler’s dream. A guy who doesn’t know when he’s beaten. | 赌徒的梦啊 一个不知道什么时候会被打败的梦 |
[33:00] | Hey, my luck’s got to change sometime. | 嘿 我有时候该转转运了 |
[33:04] | I can’t believe you played him again. | 我不敢相信你又玩了他一次 |
[33:06] | I’ve known him a long time, give him a puzzle he can’t help working it out. | 我对他太了解了 给他一个谜 他肯定忍不住要解 |
[33:10] | No point making a meal out of it, is there? | 也不在于多骗他一次了是吧 |
[33:12] | No, there isn’t. | 嗯 就是的 |
[33:14] | – Hey you know your gadget? – Yeah. | – 嘿 你知道你的那个小东西 – 嗯 |
[33:16] | – You know the best thing about it? – What’s that? | – 你知道最好的地方是什么吗 – 是什么 |
[33:18] | No-one else in the world could have thought of it. | 世界上没有人会想得到的 |
[33:33] | Right, everyone set? | 好了 大家都搞定了吗 |
[33:36] | Yeah, think so. | 呃 我想是的 |
[33:37] | OK, so let’s stay focussed, stay in character | 好的 我们注意集中啊 演好自己的角色 |
[33:41] | and don’t let this creep off the hook. | 不要让这个家伙脱钩啊 |
[33:44] | This don’t feel right. Doing it without Mick. | 没有Mick一切都感觉不太对啊 |
[33:47] | But he’s jinxed. | 但是他的运气不好啊 |
[33:49] | What if it rubs off on the rest of us jeopardises the con? | 如果他导致我们下面的行动失败呢 |
[33:51] | No, Ash is right. Look at him. | 嗯 Ash说的对 看看他 |
[33:58] | What do you think, Albert? | Albert你怎么看 |
[34:01] | It has to be Ash’s call. | 这一切都要听Ash的 |
[34:05] | Right. | 好的 |
[34:09] | Mick? | |
[34:12] | We need some help, getting Emma into the university. | 我们要帮忙把Emma弄进学校 |
[34:17] | Do you think you could give us a hand? | 你能搭把手吗 |
[34:19] | Well, if you’re sure. | 嗯 你确定吗 |
[34:22] | Just don’t touch anything. | 只是什么东西都不要碰 |
[34:28] | “Henry Cole to announce revolutionary new product today” | Henry Cole 今天发布革命性新产品 |
[34:37] | They’re not customers, they’re muppets, | 他们不是顾客 是木偶 |
[34:40] | the only reason they shop online | 这是他们在线购物的唯一原因 |
[34:41] | is because they’re too fat and too lazy | 因为他们又胖又懒 |
[34:44] | to get up off their arses and go shopping like normal people. | 不愿意像正常人一样的购物 |
[34:46] | Half of ’em are unemployed, | 他们中一半都没有工作 |
[34:48] | spending my bleedin’ tax money on pizzas and supermarket lager, | 花这我血淋淋的税钱去买披萨逛超市 |
[34:52] | the other half are desk jockeys using the firm’s computer | 还有一半都是坐在电脑前的傻子 |
[34:54] | to go shopping instead of doing in a decent day’s work. | 就知道看店也不好好上班 |
[34:58] | So just bang ’em through the Mumbai call centre. | 应该把他们都叫到孟买的呼叫中心去 |
[35:01] | If it starts to come on top, just shut the company down and open up another one. | 如果它爬到顶了 就把公司关了再开另外一家 |
[35:05] | Look, I ain’t paying you to run a bleedin’ charity shop. | 听着 我要你不是去开什么慈善店的 |
[35:08] | I gotta go, Coxy, I got a call on the other line. Hello? | Coxy 我要挂了 我线上还有一个来电 你好? |
[35:13] | Alan, yeah. Listen up, son. | Alan哦 听着 小子 |
[35:14] | Apparently Blue-Ray’s the next big thing so I want you to print me some labels. | 很显然蓝光是下一个潮流 所以我让你帮我打些标签 |
[35:18] | Just a big Blue-ray logo thing, self adhesive. | 只是大的蓝光标志这样的 自粘贴的那种 |
[35:22] | Yeah, then take ’em down to the warehouse and stick ’em on them old DVD players. | 是的 然后到仓库区 把原来的DVD标志盖起来 |
[35:26] | Oh, legal shmegal, I can’t tell the bleeding difference anyway. | 哦 法律问题啊 我看不出 有什么区别的呀 |
[35:28] | Look, Just get it done, mate, I gotta go. | 听着 把这件事搞定 我先挂了 |
[35:31] | Johnny boy, John, John. Show me the love, eh. | Johnny小子 John John 来抱抱来 |
[35:35] | Come in, let’s talk. D’you want a cup of tea or anything? | 我们来聊聊 你要喝点茶什么的吗 |
[35:38] | No thank you. Champagne, Bacardi and coke, banana daiquiri? | 不 谢了 那香槟 Bacardi 可乐还是香蕉鸡尾酒 |
[35:41] | It’s… | 现在… |
[35:42] | I’m joking. I don’t want to be disturbed. | 开玩笑的啦 我不想被打扰 |
[35:47] | Welcome to Dreamfixer. | 欢迎来到Dreamfixer |
[35:50] | What exactly do you do here? | 你究竟在这做什么呢 |
[35:52] | Essentially we’re direct sales. | 基本上我们是直接搞销售的 |
[35:53] | If you want it, I’ve got it, if I haven’t got it, I’ll get it. | 你想要的 我就有 你没有的 我有过了 |
[35:56] | If I can’t get it, you don’t want it. | 我要是没有的 那你也不想要 |
[35:58] | Right. | 好的 |
[35:59] | But our USP is being first out the starting blocks. | 我们的专利领先于潮流 |
[36:01] | We catch a trend, ride it to trade and catch the cream before the cat wakes up. | 我们发现了趋势 就在它成为潮流之前拿下他 |
[36:06] | You mentioned a job? | 你说有工作的? |
[36:07] | Yes, I did, | 是的 |
[36:09] | but the kind of job I have for you, depends on what you bring to the party. | 但是我给你什么样的工作 取决于你能给我带来什么 |
[36:12] | Well, I brought a CV. | 嗯 我把简历带来了 |
[36:13] | You know what CV’s are? Do you? | 你知道简历是干什么的吗 你知道吗 |
[36:16] | They’re a mask, a postcard from the past. | 他是一个面具 一个来自过去的明信片 |
[36:19] | They tell me what you’ve done, but not who you are. | 他告诉你做过了什么 而不是说你是谁 |
[36:23] | A postcard’s no good to me, I want an internal. | 明信片对我没有用 我是跟着感觉走的 |
[36:26] | I need to see what makes you tick, what’s in here. | 我要看看你的本事是什么 这儿有什么 |
[36:28] | Whether you’ve got these. | 你是不是有这个 |
[36:33] | Ask me a question. | 问我一个问题 |
[36:35] | Sorry? | 什么 |
[36:36] | Ask me a question. Anything. | 问我一个问题 随便问 |
[36:39] | – What’s… – 42. | – 你的… |
[36:40] | Be quick, be first, know the answer before the question. | 要快 要是第一 在问题之前就知道答案 |
[36:44] | – What if the answer doesn’t fit? – Then you change the question. | – 那要是答案不对呢 – 那你就改下问题呗 |
[36:46] | Don’t let the tail wag the dog. | 别让尾巴牵着狗走啊 |
[36:49] | Relax, you’re doing well. | 放松点 你做的很不错了 |
[36:51] | So… | 那么… |
[36:53] | how about we shit or get off the pot? | 不如我们打开天窗说亮话吧 |
[36:56] | OK. | 行啊 |
[37:01] | This Henry Cole geezer, | 这个叫Henry Cole怪人 |
[37:03] | he’s working on this new product. What is it? | 他在搞新玩意儿么 到底是什么啊 |
[37:07] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[37:09] | What? | 什么 |
[37:10] | It’s a secret, only he knows. And the investors. | 这是个秘密 只有他知道 还有那些投资人 |
[37:13] | OK, so who are they? | 好吧 那么他们是谁 |
[37:16] | I don’t know that either. | 我也不知道 |
[37:18] | No, no, John, I’m not liking these answers. | 不不 John 我不喜欢那些答案 |
[37:21] | We’ll try again. | 我们再试试吧 |
[37:23] | I’m going to ask you a very important question and I want you to answer it carefully. | 我现在要问你一个很严肃的问题 你回答前最好想清楚了 |
[37:26] | 42. | |
[37:28] | No, we ain’t doing that any more. | 不 我们再也不这么干了 |
[37:30] | Now think carefully. What do you know? | 现在想清楚 你都知道些什么 |
[37:41] | Nothing really. | 真的没什么 |
[37:43] | Nothing? No. | – 什么都没有 – 没 |
[37:44] | Yesterday you said he couldn’t stop talking about it. | 昨天你还说他一直说个不停呢 |
[37:47] | He can’t. But about how much money he’s gonna make, | 他是说个不停 但是都是关于他能拿多少钱 |
[37:49] | not what the product actually is. | 而不是说这个玩意儿是什么 |
[37:51] | That’s no bleeding use to me, is it? | 这有什么用啊 |
[37:54] | Streuth! | 大爷的! |
[37:56] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[38:02] | I do know today’s a big day, though. | 我知道今儿是个大日子 |
[38:05] | What? | 什么 |
[38:06] | I do his diary. I know he’s got a lot of big meetings lined up. | 我给他排日程呢 今天他有好多个会面呢 |
[38:08] | What meetings? | 什么会面 |
[38:09] | He’s seeing the investors at 11, | 他在11点见投资人 |
[38:11] | then he’s off to the university in the afternoon. | 然后下午去大学 |
[38:13] | The university? | 大学? |
[38:14] | He’s practically been living there the past couple of months. | 他差不多前几个月都住在那儿 |
[38:18] | These investors, do you know where he’s meeting them? | 投资人的会面 他们什么时候见面呢 |
[38:20] | One’s in Islington, the others in Butlers Wharf. | 一个在Lslington 另一些在Butlers Wharf |
[38:26] | Right, let’s walk and talk. | 好吧 那就边走边说吧 |
[38:37] | Can I help you? | 能为你做点什么吗 |
[38:37] | Yes, we’re looking for your research department. | 是的 我们在找你们的研究部 |
[38:39] | And who is it you want to see? | 那么您想见谁呢 |
[38:43] | Hang on, I’ve got it written down here somewhere. | 等等 我写在我的本子上了 |
[38:50] | I know I had it. | 我一定带来了 |
[38:54] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[38:56] | That’s a very pretty brooch. | 那个胸针真好看啊 |
[38:57] | Thank you, my daughter gave it to me. | 谢谢 我女儿买给我的 |
[38:59] | – Oh, she has great taste. – Yes, she has. | – 哦 她品味真高啊 – 嗯 是啊 |
[39:03] | – Sorry. – Was it for a special occasion? | – 抱歉 – 是什么比较特殊的纪念意义吧 |
[39:05] | – My 50th. – No, you’re kidding me. | – 五十岁生日哦 – 不 你开玩笑的呢 |
[39:08] | – Five years ago. – Five years ago! | – 五年前了 – 五年了 |
[39:11] | Have you got a scientist here who’s developed some kind of anti-ageing potion? | 你们这儿有人发明长生不老药么 |
[39:14] | I’m really sorry, I left the office in a rush. | 我真的很抱歉 我匆忙之中 把本子拉在办公室了 |
[39:17] | You must let me get some for my wife. | 你一定得让我给我老婆拿点 |
[39:20] | Well, it may be Mr Bartlett, | 呃 可能是Bartlett先生 |
[39:22] | but I know he’s on a field trip, or there’s Mrs Greenaway. | 但是我了解到他在实地考察 也可能是Greenaway女士 |
[39:26] | Yes, that’s it, Mrs Greenaway, that’s it. | 对的 对的 Greenaway女士 就是她 |
[39:28] | Could you please call through and let her know | 您能打电话通知她一下么 |
[39:30] | that Mr Peters and Miss Miller are here to see her. From Ofsted. | 就说Peters先生和Miller小姐 来跟她见面 从Ofsted来的 |
[39:34] | Oh, right. | 哦 好的 |
[39:37] | Hello, I have some people here for you, from Ofsted. | 你好 我这里有些人 从Ofsted来的希望见您 |
[39:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:45] | Straight down that corridor, turn left at the end then follow the signs to the annexe. | 从走廊那儿过去最后左转 然后跟着指示牌去附属楼 |
[39:49] | – Thank you. | – Thank you. – 谢谢 – 谢谢 |
[39:52] | Ash, it’s in the East Wing. | Ash 在东边啊 |
[39:53] | There’s a car park, go to the opposite side, you’ll see a fire exit on your right as you look. | 有个停车场 在对面 你右边有个防火通道 |
[39:58] | Yeah, 15 minutes. | 嗯 十五分钟 |
[40:03] | Mrs Greenaway? | Greenaway女士吗 |
[40:04] | I’m Mr Peters and this is Miss Miller. | 我是Peters这位是Miller小姐 |
[40:07] | How do you do? | 你好么 |
[40:08] | We’re from Ofsted. | 我们从 Ofsted来的 |
[40:09] | Yes, the front desk called through. | 是的 前台告诉我了 |
[40:11] | How can I help? | 能帮您点什么呢 |
[40:14] | It’s a little bit delicate, could we go inside? | 有点复杂 我们能进去么 |
[40:18] | Yes. | 当然 |
[40:25] | You’re sure this is it? | 你确定这个东西就是么 |
[40:26] | Positive, I booked the table myself. | 当然了 我亲自预定的 |
[40:30] | But you don’t know who he was meeting? | 但是你不知道他是谁么 |
[40:32] | No. | 不知道 |
[40:34] | OK, hang on here. | 好吧 在这儿等着我 |
[40:56] | Excuse me, Mr Branson, I’m sorry to interrupt you, | 不好意思 Branson先生 很抱歉打扰您 |
[40:59] | but I’d like to get an autograph for my wife. | 我很想为我老婆拿个你的签名 |
[41:02] | Her name is May. M-A-Y. | 她的名字是 May M-A-Y |
[41:05] | She’s a great fan of yours. | 她非常崇拜你 |
[41:30] | I don’t bloody believe it. | 我他妈的可不信这一套 |
[41:33] | So, who was it? | 那么是谁啊 |
[41:35] | Eh? Oh, never mind. | 呃 别管了 |
[41:38] | Just to let you know, his next one’s in an hour. | 就是说一下 下一位见面安排在一小时之后 |
[41:42] | Right. Go and find me a coffee, a strong one. | 是的 去给我弄杯咖啡 要烈的 |
[41:47] | Well, come on, look lively! | 呃 拜托 机灵点啊 |
[41:52] | This is it son, you’re in the big time now. | 就这样了小子 你的机会来了 |
[42:01] | You’re absolutely sure about this? | 你非常肯定么 |
[42:02] | No, which is why we need to carry out the inquiry. | 不 所以我们要来咨询一下么 |
[42:05] | It’s important to say that although Mr Bartlett is under investigation, | 有一点很重要的是 即使Bartlett先生 目前在被调查 |
[42:09] | we are hopeful that these allegations are without foundation. | 我们也很希望这些指控都是毫无根据的 |
[42:12] | Of course. | 当然 |
[42:14] | You must understand that manipulating exam results is a very serious matter. | 你必须了解伪造实验结果是很严重的 |
[42:18] | Is Mr Bartlett in today? | Bartlett先生今天在么 |
[42:20] | On a field trip. | 在实地考察呢 |
[42:21] | Can I just ask why you haven’t spoken to the Dean about this? | 我能问问你为什么不对系主任说呢 |
[42:25] | Because at that point it would then become a formal inquiry. | 因为那样的话就是一次正式的咨询了 |
[42:28] | Which would mean a permanent entry on his records. | 这样的话会对他的试验记录上 留有一些永久的污点 |
[42:31] | If the allegations are unfounded, we’d like to avoid that. | 如果指控确实没有证据 我们也很希望就此别过 |
[42:33] | We’re all on the same side after all. | 我们可是一条船上的 |
[42:35] | Yes, quite. | 当然了 |
[42:38] | So, how can I help? | 那么 我能帮点什么呢 |
[42:41] | Well, we have the exam papers in question at our office in Holborn, and we wondered, | 我们有一些问卷调查在Holborn 我们很想知道 |
[42:46] | as you are obviously very familiar with all the work carried out here, | 既然你非常了解这里进行的工作和研究 |
[42:49] | if you wouldn’t mind taking a look at them for us. | 如果你能帮我们查看一下这些研究的话… |
[42:51] | – When? – This afternoon. | – 什么时候 – 今天下午 |
[42:52] | – Oh, I don’t… – I’m sure you could claim the cab fare back. | – 哦 我不行 – 我可以保证可以报销差旅费 |
[42:55] | And your co-operation would not go unnoticed. | 而且你的合作不会被抹杀 |
[42:59] | Let me write down the address for you. | 我给你写个地址吧 |
[43:02] | That way you can be there and back, | 这样你就可以去那儿然后回来 |
[43:06] | before… before you…erm… | 在你 ….在你…恩 |
[43:12] | ..before you know it. | ..在你发觉之前 |
[43:20] | This it? | 就这儿? |
[43:21] | Hotel lobby. 12:30. | 酒店大堂 12:30 |
[43:25] | Good lad. Hold tight. | 乖孩子 等着吧 |
[43:39] | Yeah, I did that too. | 嗯 我也那么做过 |
[43:42] | What? | 什么 |
[43:43] | I was staring at him for ages before I realised who it was. | 我盯着他看了好久才意识到他是谁 |
[43:46] | He’s a lord now. | 他有爵位了都 |
[43:54] | – Not? – Yeah, Lord Alan Sugar. | – 不是吧 – 嗯 Alan Sugar爵士 |
[43:57] | I just served him his tea. | 我刚给他倒了茶呢 |
[44:08] | Thank you very much, gentlemen, mission accomplished, I think. | 非常感谢 先生们 任务完成了 |
[44:12] | Until next time, Malcolm. | 下次见了 Malcolm |
[44:15] | Paul, always a pleasure to work with you. Thank you very much. | Paul跟你合作真是愉快啊 |
[44:18] | – Any time, Albert. – Thank you. | – 随时候命 Albert – 谢谢 |
[44:24] | “All set. Mrs Greenaway Research & Technology” | “都搞定了 Greenaway 研究技术部门” |
[44:27] | Johnny, Johnny. | |
[44:30] | – This is bigger than I thought. – What is? | – 这事儿比我想象的大多了 – 怎么了 |
[44:34] | Think, son, think. | 想想 孩子 想啊 |
[44:37] | I think he’s got one more appointment then straight off to the university. | 我觉得他还有一个会面 然后就会去大学了 |
[44:42] | This university, that’s it! | 大学 就是的 |
[44:44] | What time’s he due there? | 他什么时候到呢 |
[44:45] | Well, here. In an hour and a half, seeing the same woman as always. | 一个半小时后吧 去跟一个女人碰面 经常的事儿 |
[44:49] | A Mrs Greenaway, I met her last time we were there. | Greenaway女士 上次见面的时候我在场 |
[44:52] | Right, he who dares. | 是的 谁怕谁啊 |
[44:54] | Get me over there, boy. | 小子 你带我去 |
[46:07] | – Hello. – Hello again. | – 你好 – 你好啊 |
[46:10] | Looks like I’m errand boy for the day. | 看起来今天我像个仆人 |
[46:12] | – Oh? – Yeah. | – 哦? – 嗯 |
[46:12] | I’ve been sent to meet a couple of colleagues.Junior management. | 我来接两个同事 初级管理人员 |
[46:15] | We’re afraid they’ll get lost. | 我们怕他们走丢了 |
[46:19] | 55. You are such a liar. | 55岁 你真会说笑啊 |
[46:25] | Will I need passes for them? | 我需要给他们弄个通行证的么 |
[46:27] | – Will they be staying with you? – Absolutely. | – 他们跟你在一起的吗 – 当然了 |
[46:30] | Then I’m sure it will be OK. | 那就没事儿了 |
[46:32] | Great. Here they are now. | 好极了 他们来了 |
[46:37] | Gentlemen, can I help you? | 先生们 可以帮助您点什么吗 |
[46:39] | Yes, my good man. We’re here to see Mrs Greenaway. | 是的 哥们 我们要来见Greenaway女士 |
[46:42] | And you are? | 你是? |
[46:43] | We’re associates of Mr Cole. | 我们是Cole先生的助理 |
[46:45] | – Henry Cole? – That’s him. | – 就是他 |
[46:47] | Then you better follow me. I’ll take you straight through. | 那么你们跟我来吧 我直接带你们去 |
[46:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[46:55] | Our design department is very much looking forward to the product launch. | 我们的设计部很期待着此产品的发售 |
[46:58] | So are we. | 我们也是 |
[46:59] | We think it will be a real coup for the university. | 我们觉得这也许会是这所大学的分水岭 |
[47:02] | Yes, it will. | 恩 会的 |
[47:03] | Ah, yes, Mr Bond, these gentlemen are with Mr Cole’s office. | 哦 是的 Bond先生 这两位是来自于Cole先生的办公室 |
[47:07] | I’m sorry, I thought the meeting was at two? | 我很抱歉 我以为会议是两点开始的呢 |
[47:09] | Yeah, well, something new’s come up. | 呃 是的 但是有新内容 |
[47:12] | Have we met? | 我们见过面么 |
[47:13] | – Mervyn Lloyd. – Bond. | |
[47:17] | James Bond. | |
[47:20] | – No relation. – Funny innit. Like the film. | – 呃 没关系的 – 很搞笑么 跟拍电影似的 |
[47:23] | I think Mr Bond is in charge of the university’s business affairs. | 我以为Bond先生是负责学校商务方面的事务的 |
[47:26] | You’re just the man I’m looking for. | 那你就是我要找的人了 |
[47:31] | Oh yeah, of course. I’ll leave you to it. | 哦 当然了 你们聊啊 |
[47:34] | And you can tell me how it’s all going. | 你就告诉我进展如何就行 |
[47:40] | I’ll just check, see if Mrs Greenaway’s free. | 我去看看Greenaway女士是否有空 |
[47:46] | What do we do now? | 我们现在做什么呢 |
[47:48] | Just watch and learn son, watch and learn. | 学着点吧孩子 学着点 |
[47:51] | Looks like we’re in luck. | 看起来我们很走运么 |
[47:52] | Magic. | 好极了 |
[48:00] | Mrs Greenaway, this is Mr Lloyd. | Greenaway女士 这位是Lloyd先生 |
[48:04] | Hello. | 你好 |
[48:06] | Hi, we met last time I was here with Mr Cole. | 我们上次见过面 我跟着Cole先生来的 |
[48:08] | Of course, nice to see you again. Is Mr Cole not with you? | 当然了 很高兴见到你 Cole先生没跟你一起么 |
[48:11] | No, he’s asked me to go over a few things prior to the launch. | 没有 他要我在发售举行之前 跟你讨论一些事情 |
[48:14] | – hh Such as? – You know, last minute details, | – 比如说? – 比如 最后的细节 |
[48:17] | making sure we stay on message, that we all skate to where the puck is going. | 保证我们随时得到消息 而且了解我们到哪一步了 |
[48:22] | Open the kimono? He needs you to talk him through the product. | 要打开长衫吗 他想让你仔细再谈谈这个产品 |
[48:25] | Make sure we’re not building a bird’s nest on the ground. | 确保我们没有在地上建一个鸟巢 |
[48:29] | Like it. | 很好 |
[48:30] | Well, as you know, our design unit has been charged with investigating | 我们的设计是用来调查 |
[48:34] | different ways of alleviating diseases spread by insects in the third world. | 在第三世界国家控制昆虫传播疾病的方法 |
[48:38] | Malaria alone kills a million people a year, | 疟疾一年就致死一百万人 |
[48:41] | the global market for pesticides is around 30 billion. | 全世界对杀虫剂的需求大概是300亿美元 |
[48:45] | Global, like it. | 全球的哦 很好 |
[48:46] | The domestic retail and agricultural market in the UK is in the order of 1.2 billion. | 英国国内的零售和农业市场的订单会有十二亿英镑 |
[48:51] | Loving the numbers, what’s the secret sauce? | 这数字真好 秘密武器是什么呢到底? |
[48:54] | The Stopbug device we’ve come up with has been fully tested | Stopbug小装备已经通过全程校验 |
[48:57] | and has a 100% success rate. | 有百分之百的通过率 |
[48:59] | We don’t believe there’s another product that can claim the same. | 我不觉得有其他产品可以与之媲美 |
[49:02] | Put simply, if an insect comes into contact with the Stopbug it dies. | 简单点说 只要有小虫子遇到Stopbug 就死定了 |
[49:07] | It’s the next big thing. | 这是个新兴科技 |
[49:09] | Moreover, it is non-chemical. So it’s safe for humans and livestock. | 而且这还是非化学的 对人畜都是安全的 |
[49:12] | Let me get this straight. | 简单说 |
[49:15] | You’re telling me that this Stopbug thingy can kill any insect, | 你在告诉我这个Stopbug 可以杀死任何昆虫 |
[49:19] | – 100% guaranteed? – Oh, yes. | – 100% 保证的? – 恩 是的 |
[49:21] | Though we only use it on the troublesome ones, obviously. | 显然我们只用这玩意儿在那些害虫身上 |
[49:23] | – Flies, mosquitoes. – Yes. | – 苍蝇 蚊子 – 是的 |
[49:25] | – Wasps? – Of course. | – 黄蜂? – 当然了 |
[49:27] | – I hate wasps. – Everything. | – 我恨死黄蜂了 – 什么都行 |
[49:30] | – That is mega. – Yes, we think so. | – 那很强大哦 – 是的 我们也觉得 |
[49:34] | Can I see it? | 我能看看么 |
[49:35] | As I’d explained to Mr Cole ??? | 我们已经向Cole先生解释过了 |
[49:38] | we can’t release the prototype until the patents are finalised. | 在专利颁发之前我们不能拿出原版的 |
[49:41] | How long will that take? | 那得要多久 |
[49:42] | Well, as soon as Mr Cole pays the university for the merchandising rights, | 呃 只要Cole先生给大学付出投资款项 |
[49:45] | our lawyers will file the applications in both names, | 我们的律师会在专利申请上写上双方的名字 |
[49:47] | the university and company of his choice. | 大学和他选择的公司 |
[49:50] | Remind me again, how much he’s… we’re paying. | 提醒我一下 他要付多少钱呢 |
[49:53] | 100 thousand. | 十万 |
[49:54] | I understand that he was coming over with a bankers draft this afternoon. | 我很了解他今天下午要拿张银行汇票 |
[49:56] | 100 thou for the worldwide rights? | 十万镑就有全球的使用权吗 |
[49:58] | Plus a 20% share of sales. | 还有两成的红利 |
[50:00] | Is there anything else we can help you with, Mr.Lloyd? | 我们还能帮助你点什么呢 Lloyd先生 |
[50:02] | I have another meeting to go to before Mr Cole arrives. | Cole先生来之前我还有个会议 |
[50:09] | This deal, does it have to be sanctioned by a committee or anything? ??? | 这个交易 会被那些委员会们 或者类似的什么机构制裁么 |
[50:12] | He’s in charge of business affairs for the university,it’s entirely his call. | 他全权处理学校的商业问题 这都是他的事儿 |
[50:16] | Excuse me. I’ll see you in half an hour. | 抱歉了 一个半小时之后再见 |
[50:18] | Right. | 很好 |
[50:21] | Blimey, I bet you go to work with a spring in your step. | Blimey 你一定回去工作的时候步履轻盈哦 |
[50:26] | John, wait outside. | John 在外面等等吧 |
[50:37] | Can I be frank, James? | 我说说实话吧 James |
[50:38] | – I can call you James? – Absolutely. | – 我能叫你James么 – 当然了 |
[50:41] | You’re a businessman, I can tell that. | 你是个生意人 我看得出来 |
[50:43] | For my sins. | 就这样了 |
[50:45] | Let me put a stake in the ground here, go proactive. | 让我们都彼此坦诚相待吧 |
[50:48] | – Talk turkey. – Exactly, | – 说露骨点 – 当然了 |
[50:49] | we’re not here to boil the ocean. | 我们不是来给长城贴瓷砖的 |
[50:52] | Your bottom line is getting the best deal you can for the university, right or wrong? | 你的底线是为了大学的 最大利益而做 是不是 |
[50:56] | Right. No point putting lipstick on a pig. | 当然了 干吗要拐弯抹角呢 |
[50:57] | I hear ya. | 我懂了 |
[51:00] | So I want to put a proposition to you, | 那么我给你一个提议 |
[51:02] | run something up the flag pole, see if you click your heels. | 给你点甜头 看你接不接了 |
[51:04] | See if the chickens peck at it. | 那就要看够不够甜了 |
[51:05] | I can see we’re both on the same song sheet. | 看来我们的目标差不多么 |
[51:10] | So let’s say that I offered you a value added proposition, | 那么我给你的是一个增值的机会 |
[51:13] | made you an offer you couldn’t refuse, Mr Bond. | 给你一个你不会觉得提议 Bond先生 |
[51:16] | Vis a vis, cutting old man Cole from the equation | 就你跟我 把Cole老头踢走 |
[51:19] | and doing business with me instead. | 而我来取代他的位置 |
[51:21] | I’m listening. 150K right here, right now and 25% of the sales, | 我听着呢 十五万镑放在这儿 加上二成五的红利 |
[51:25] | if you put those patents in my name. | 只要你在专利上写我的名字 |
[51:28] | Well, I’m not sure that’s entirely ethical. | 呃 我不是很确定这样做是不是道德 |
[51:30] | Ethical smethical. | 这个时候讲屁道德啊 |
[51:31] | Money talks and bullshit walks. | 有钱能使鬼推磨 |
[51:33] | 150 grand, 25% of sales, | 十五万镑放在这儿加上二成五的红利 |
[51:36] | shake my hand, and I’ll do a bank transfer before I leave this office. | 跟我握个手 我现在就去转账 |
[51:38] | Well, I need to confer with my colleagues, | 我得跟我的同事商量一下 |
[51:41] | – keep them in the loop. – Screw the loop. | – 给他们吹个风 – 吹毛毛风啊 |
[51:44] | Loops are for losers. If there is a loop, | 吹风就是扯淡 要吹风的话 |
[51:45] | the only people who need to be in that loop are you and me. | 也是咱俩自己的事儿 互相吹吹就得了 |
[51:48] | Shake my hand and as well as the transfer to the university, | 跟我合作吧 给大学转账的同时 |
[51:51] | I’ll do another ten grand for you personally. | 我还给你个人一万镑 |
[51:53] | Call it a finder’s fee. It’s win, win. | 就当是发现费吧 双赢啊 |
[52:10] | I’ll talk to the lawyers | 我会跟律师说的 |
[52:11] | and have the prototype sent by courier before I leave this evening. | 今天离开之前 我会把原件给你送过去 |
[52:14] | Pleasure doing business with you, James. | 跟你做生意真高兴啊 James |
[52:16] | – Yes. – Nice one. | – 对哦 – 真不错 |
[52:19] | – Did you get it? – Do bears shit in the woods? | – 你拿到了么 – 哥一出山 还有不么 |
[52:20] | Oh, fantastic. So about this job, when do I start? | 哦 好极了 那个工作 我什么时候开始 |
[52:24] | Nah, I’ve had second thoughts. | 不 我另有安排 |
[52:25] | But if you hurry up, you can always make the Job Centre before it shuts. | 如果你快点的话 你能在人才中心关门前搞定工作 |
[52:29] | Remember son. The scenery only changes for the lead dog! | 记得哦 孩子 早起的鸟儿有虫吃哦 |
[52:32] | Sweet as! | 爽哦 |
[52:40] | Albert, it’s in! | Albert 进账了 |
[52:42] | – What? – 160,000! | – 什么 – 十六万 |
[52:45] | Ash has excelled himself. | Ash超常发挥了哦 |
[52:46] | Did you ever doubt that he would? | 你怀疑过他的能力么 |
[52:47] | Not at all no. Well, with a little help from his friends. | 从来没有 他的朋友帮忙了哦 |
[52:51] | Will you do the honours, or shall I? | 是你去呢还是我去 |
[52:54] | Please, allow me. | 还是让我来吧 |
[52:57] | 160, oh, damn. | 16万 哦 天哪 |
[53:10] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[53:12] | Sign there, please. | 在这儿签字 |
[53:17] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[53:50] | Well done, Ash. | 做得好 Ash |
[53:52] | Well, you know, I learnt from the best. | 你知道的 我跟最好的人学出来的 |
[53:55] | A star is born. | 新星升起了 |
[53:57] | Mickey did help quite a bit. | Mickey帮忙了很多啊 |
[53:58] | Oh, what you mean “we’ve got a plan, see if you can guess what it is.” | 呃 那句话什么意思 我们有计划了 猜猜看 |
[54:02] | Did you know? | 你原来知道啊 |
[54:04] | I thought we were convincing. | 我还以为我们很有说服力呢 |
[54:05] | It seems you can’t kid a kidder after all. | 看起来 班门弄斧可不行啊 |
[54:07] | All right, cheers. | 对的 干杯 |
[54:08] | – Cheers. – To Ash. | – 干杯 – 向Ash致敬 |
[54:18] | Come on then, let’s see if Mickey’s got his mojo back. | 接下来 看看Micky的运气回来没 |
[54:22] | Aces high. | A最大么 |
[54:28] | Albert. | |
[54:40] | Place insect on block A and strike down sharply with block B. | 在A砖块上放上昆虫 用B砖块猛击砖块A |
[54:50] | He was telling me about this new product thing… | 他跟我说了这个新东西… |
[54:52] | He’s been walking around like a dog with two dicks. | 他忙的跟条狗一样 |
[54:55] | That good is it. | 那个东西好极了 不是么 |
[54:55] | Everything OK? Yeah yeah. It’s all slipping into place, you know. | 都顺利么 恩恩 都搞定了 |
[54:59] | Put simply if an insect comes into contact with the Stopbug it dies. | 只要用昆虫碰到Stopbug他就死定了 |
[55:04] | It’s the next big thing. | 这是新科技 |
[55:19] | Yeah! | 哇 |
[55:26] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[55:33] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[56:01] | So is that it then? | 就这样了么 |
[56:02] | Now Mickey’s got his mojo back, can we please just go on holiday? | Micky的运气回来了 我们去度假吧? |
[56:05] | – Yes, we can. – Thank you! | – 嗯 当然了 – 谢谢 |
[56:06] | As long as it’s not poncey. | 别是女人去的地方就好 |
[56:08] | Yeah maybe we should eat the elephant one bite at a time, | 我们去吃大象吧 一口一个 |
[56:10] | you know, the big picture… | 所谓大局观… |
[56:12] | – going forward. – Think outside the box, you mean? | – 勇往直前 – 离开思维定势? |
[56:14] | No more, no more. | 不要了 不要了 |
[56:16] | I hope Eddie’s saved us a booth. | 我希望Eddie给我们留位置了哦 |
[56:23] | Eddie! Where is everyone? | Eddie 大家都哪儿去了 |
[56:25] | Can’t be that bad, can it? | 不会这么糟吧 是么 |
[56:26] | Bad? You don’t know the half of it. | 糟糕 你才说对一半 |
[56:29] | The scratch on Katie’s thigh got infected, | Katie的伤口感染了 |
[56:31] | so I had the doctor round here twice a day changing the dressing. | 我必须让医生一天来两次换药 |
[56:35] | Only then I found her giving him a full medical in the cellar behind the brown ale. | 然后我就发现她跟那医生鬼混呢 |
[56:39] | Then I went to the bookies to take me mind off it, | 所以我就去了赌马的地方想high一下 |
[56:41] | stuck 100 quid on a horse in the 3.30. | 三点半出场的那批马 我压了100镑 |
[56:45] | I think it’s still running. | 比赛估计还跑着呢 |
[56:46] | Me VAT cheque bounced, I’ve got mice ??? | 增值税发票被拒了 我都要疯了 |
[56:49] | and for some reason the phone stopped ringing, I haven’t had another booking. | 我的手机不响了不知道为什么 而且我还没来得及换呢 |
[56:52] | – Eddie, that’s terrible. – Hang on, it gets worse. | – Eddie 真是糟透了 – 还有更糟的 |
[56:55] | The battery on me phone died, | 手机电池还没电了呢 |
[56:56] | so I ordered that one from where Mickey got his, spent eight quid express delivery | 我就要了 Mickey 那一款 还花了八块的快递费 |
[57:00] | only to find I can’t charge it and the instructions are in Dutch. | 然后还不能充电 说明书都是荷兰语 |
[57:04] | I’ve been on to some call centre in Mumbai all afternoon. | 一下午我一直在给孟买的服务中心打电话 |
[57:06] | That’s a very sad story, Eddie, but you have to look at the big picture. | 真是糟糕透了Eddie 但是你要看看大局啊 |
[57:10] | – Yeah, going forward. – Run it up the flag pole. | – 恩 继续 – 给自己点信心 |
[57:13] | See who salutes. | 看看谁笑到最后 |
[57:14] | – Skate to where the puck is going. – Get the drinks in. | – 冲着目标撒丫子就去吧 – 给我拿酒来 |
[57:22] | New phone? | 新电话吗 |
[57:23] | Yeah it’s from a reputable shop. | 恩 一家很不错的店哦 |
[57:26] | Hello? | 你好? |
[57:28] | No, no, I’m sorry we’re closed. | 不不 很抱歉我们关门了 |
[57:32] | Yeah, for refurbishments until further notice. | 是的 整修后会通知您的 |
[57:35] | Sorry about that. | 很抱歉 |
[57:37] | Ok. No problem. Bye. | 很好 没关系 拜拜 |
[57:42] | – What? – What’s closed? | – 什么 – 什么关门啊 |
[57:47] | The reason why Eddie hasn’t been receiving any phone calls | Eddie没收到电话的原因是 |
[57:50] | is because I had his numbers diverted to my phone. | 我把他的手机呼叫转移到我这儿了 |
[57:54] | That is evil. | 太坏了吧 |
[57:56] | What can I say? | 我要说什么呢 |
[57:57] | Sometimes you have to make your own luck. | 有时候你得自己给自己找点运气吧 |