时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:22] | While my baseline was fulfilling the needs of the desk, | 我的基本资质满足部门需求 |
[00:25] | I also stood out on my own. | 我自己也脱颖而出 |
[00:26] | I’ve formulated over two dozen bespoke macro trading strategies | 我设计了二十多种按需定制的宏观交易策略 |
[00:30] | across a number of instruments, | 利用了多种工具 |
[00:32] | vanilla cash equities to exotic derivatives, | 从普通现金股票到外来金融衍生品 |
[00:34] | leveraging at all points our different silos on the floor | 随时与所有交易部门沟通协调 |
[00:38] | and cross-selling products at every opportunity. | 把握各种机会跨产品销售 |
[00:41] | I can say confidently that by sales credits, | 我可以自信地说 按照交易金额 |
[00:43] | I’m the standout grad in front of you today. | 我是今天站在你们面前最出色的实习生 |
[00:45] | And I want to prove that this track record of producing | 我还想证明这样的高产出业绩 |
[00:47] | at the highest level isn’t a one-time thing. | 不是昙花一现 |
[00:50] | I have carried the culture of the firm, | 我承载了公司的文化 |
[00:52] | led with integrity, and thought like an owner. | 诚信工作 像主人翁一样思考 |
[00:54] | It’s in my blood. | 它存在于我的血液之中 |
[00:55] | I’m a Pierpoint person. | 我是皮尔庞特人 |
[01:09] | You ready to bite the head off a bear? | 你准备好对熊大发脾气了吗 |
[01:16] | Anyone want to start punting on which grads are staying? | 有人想打赌那些实习生会留下吗 |
[01:19] | ’cause I’m making markets. | 因为我要设赌局了 |
[01:20] | A hundred quid minimum… | 最少100英镑 |
[01:23] | I really appreciate you taking the time to meet with me. | 很感激你抽空见我 |
[01:26] | Um, I know I can add value | 我知道我可以增加价值 |
[01:28] | and I know I’m ready for clients, | 我知道我准备好迎接客户了 |
[01:30] | you know, properly covering them. | 帮他们交易 做他们的销售 |
[01:31] | Yeah. I mean, there’s no guarantees. | 嗯 这事没法打包票 |
[01:34] | You’d still have to be hired permanently by FX tomorrow, | 你还是需要在明天被外汇部永久雇用 |
[01:37] | you know, by Hilary. | 被希拉里雇用 |
[01:39] | I mean, it’s his headcount. | 毕竟你是他的实习生 |
[01:41] | Sure. Totally, yeah. | 当然 当然 |
[01:42] | But I’m definitely receptive to the idea of you moving over. | 但我绝对接受你过来工作 |
[01:46] | How has your experience of FX been? | 你在外汇部的经历如何 |
[01:50] | I mean, they’re kind of a law unto themselves, right? | 他们有点独断专行 对吗 |
[01:54] | Have you felt supported? | 你感受到了支持吗 |
[01:56] | I… I– I think so, yeah. | 我 应该有吧 |
[02:01] | You know, as– as much as one can be. | 受到了尽可能多的支持 |
[02:06] | Liquidity is thin. | 灵活性较差 |
[02:08] | Trade fears with China, | 对中国的贸易担忧 |
[02:10] | slower Chinese growth, | 中国增长放缓 |
[02:11] | big warnings in tech, | 科技领域的重大警告 |
[02:12] | and the usual Brexit sludge. | 还有惯例的英国脱欧屁事 |
[02:15] | Another three percent downside from last night | 与昨晚相比 在标普断熔断前 |
[02:16] | to move before S&P circuit breakers kick in. | 还有另外3%的下降空间 |
[02:19] | Look, I said I don’t know any of their names. | 我说了我不知道他们的名字 |
[02:21] | Be descriptive. | 描述清楚 |
[02:31] | Hey, c– can we help you? | 有什么需要帮助的吗 |
[02:33] | Yeah, can I just get two minutes with you, if possible.? | 嗯 可以的话 我能和你谈两分钟吗 |
[02:36] | Sure. Yeah, when I’m done. | 当然 等我谈完后 |
[02:38] | No, I just… | 不 我就是… |
[02:40] | Um, it– it won’t take any time at all. | 很快就好 |
[02:43] | Harper, when we’re done. | 哈珀 我们谈完再来 |
[02:48] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[02:54] | Fuck. | 操 |
[03:00] | Mr. Spearing? | 斯皮尔林先生 |
[03:01] | Cheers. | 谢谢 |
[03:02] | Sixteen pages, 24 minutes to say, “Do nothing.” | 16页 24分钟 说”什么都不要做” |
[03:04] | I cannot believe that she was away… | 我不敢相信她离开了 |
[03:07] | It’s consensual. | 是两厢情愿的 |
[03:09] | He’s constantly hedged. | 他总是拐弯抹角 |
[03:11] | If he’s saying, “Sell market,” then say so… | 如果他说”卖方市场” 那就这么说 |
[03:17] | And the numbers! | 还有数字 |
[03:18] | Ugh, burning the fucking numbers… | 去他妈的数字 |
[03:20] | – Oy, Rish. – Yup? | -瑞西 -什么事 |
[03:22] | How do we know if we’re safe tomorrow? | 我们要怎么知道我们明天安全 |
[03:25] | Watch your lines. | 看你的电话 |
[03:26] | Red means dead. | 红色代表死亡 |
[03:27] | If they call you before 6:00 P.M., | 如果他们在下午6点前找你 |
[03:29] | you’re not coming back on Monday. | 你周一就不用回来了 |
[03:31] | And remember, | 记住 |
[03:32] | when you’re in the room ignore the camera. | 进入房间后 别管摄像头 |
[03:34] | Speak directly to the desk heads. | 直接对着部门经理说 |
[03:36] | And don’t act the cunt. | 别犯贱 |
[03:39] | It’s simple, really. | 很简单 |
[03:41] | Gus, I thought it might be a good idea for us to catch up | 加斯 我想着在你明天做陈述前 |
[03:44] | before your presentation tomorrow? | 我们应该了解下近况 |
[03:46] | Perhaps we could grab lunch later? | 或许我们待会儿可以一起去吃午饭 |
[03:48] | We could do it in the Executive Dining Room. | 我们可以去行政餐厅 |
[03:53] | Sara, I heard whispers Adler’s over from New York. | 莎拉 我听说艾德勒要从纽约过来 |
[03:56] | Is it bad news? | 这是坏消息吗 |
[04:00] | News to me. | 我才知道 |
[04:02] | The last time Adler came over, half the desk got laid off. | 上次艾德勒过来 一半的人都被裁掉了 |
[04:07] | Exec dining room, huh? | 行政餐厅 |
[04:09] | Only top brass up there. | 只有高层才会去 |
[04:18] | look, your product promised a world-class shaving experience. | 听着 你们的产品承诺了世界一流的剃毛体验 |
[04:21] | And I– I have razor bumps all over my pubis. | 而我的耻骨上到处是伤口 |
[04:25] | There’s nothing in your literature about using it down there! | 你们的说明书里没有关于私处使用的说明 |
[04:28] | Have you, uh… had a chance to think about what we discussed? | 你有考虑过我们之前说的事吗 |
[04:34] | Look, what do you think people use your fucking products for? | 你以为人们用你们的产品是来干什么的 |
[04:38] | Look, I wanna talk to your fucking manager. | 我要找你们经理 |
[04:42] | Are we elevating it? | 我们要提升吗 |
[04:45] | I’m still thinking. | 我还在考虑 |
[04:46] | Do you want me to bring it up in the room? | 你想要我在开会时提出来吗 |
[04:49] | You obviously don’t want me to say anything. | 你显然不想要我说任何事 |
[04:50] | You always have a choice. | 你总是有选择 |
[04:52] | But are you a team player, Yasmin? | 但你有团队合作精神 雅思敏 |
[04:55] | Because I like to hire team players. | 因为我喜欢雇用有团队合作精神的人 |
[04:57] | Do you know how much of a humiliation this is? | 你知道这有多丢人吗 |
[04:59] | I have fucking three Tinder dates lined up this week. | 我这周已经在探探上约了三个人了 |
[05:02] | Unsubscribe me now, | 取消我的订阅 |
[05:03] | and I expect to not see | 我不想在下次账单上 |
[05:04] | a pro rata direct debit on my next statement. | 看到按月扣款 |
[05:17] | So, we’ve had very good reports about you. | 我们收到了关于你的正面报告 |
[05:21] | From who? | 谁写的 |
[05:25] | I wasn’t given a mentor. | 我都没有导师 |
[05:27] | Every time I was proactive, I was shut down. | 我每次主动出击都会被拒绝 |
[05:29] | The desk politics meant that I was effectively invisible. | 办公室政治意味着我实际上是透明人 |
[05:33] | And I understand, given where I sat at the start of the year, | 这点我理解 考虑到这年伊始我坐在哪里 |
[05:35] | who I sat next to, I’m a problem for you. | 我坐在谁旁边 我对你来说是个麻烦 |
[05:38] | No, th– this isn’t about Hari. | 不 这 这与哈里无关 |
[05:41] | Well, to be honest, | 老实说 |
[05:43] | it’s the only thing you ever want to talk to me about. | 这是一直以来你唯一想跟我聊的事 |
[05:46] | A guy died. | 一个人死了 |
[05:48] | The bank was responsible. | 银行有责任 |
[05:50] | Your job was to elide that responsibility. | 你的工作是摆脱该责任 |
[05:52] | I can testify to the culture of this place, | 我可以证明这个地方的文化 |
[05:55] | the culture that you do your best to hide. | 那种你尽力隐藏的文化 |
[06:03] | I don’t come up here enough. | 我不经常来这上面 |
[06:07] | Look at how high up the two of us are. | 看看我们所在的地方有多高 |
[06:18] | Okay. What if I said I didn’t see your talent? | 好吧 如果我说我没看到你的才能 |
[06:23] | What if I saw you as a walking PR disaster? | 只把你当成了一个公关灾难呢 |
[06:27] | Shall I be more cynical or, um, “honest,” as you say, | 那我是更愤世嫉俗了 还是如你所说更”诚实”了 |
[06:31] | because cynicism’s just honesty in code, and say | 因为诚实只是犬儒主义的漂亮话 并说 |
[06:35] | that you are a hyper intelligent minority at Pierpoint. | 你在皮尔庞特公司是个超级聪明的少数族裔 |
[06:41] | Looking at the institutions you’ve been at for most of your life, | 看看你人生中大部分时间待过的那些地方 |
[06:44] | you probably take that kind of social mobility for granted. | 你可能认为这种社会流动是理所应当的 |
[06:48] | You shouldn’t. | 你不该这样认为 |
[06:50] | I’m not gonna hide that the optics are good for me, | 如果你走了会对我有利 这点我不会隐瞒 |
[06:52] | but if you stay, | 但如果你留下来 |
[06:54] | there is no limit to where I can take you at this bank. | 你在这家银行的前途无限光明 |
[07:02] | I don’t actually like truffle. | 我实际上不喜欢松露 |
[07:04] | – You don’t? – Not really. | -你不喜欢吗 -不喜欢 |
[07:09] | Uh, what are you up to tonight? | 你今晚有什么安排 |
[07:11] | Heading back. | 回家 |
[07:11] | Getting a pint’s been mentioned, | 我之前说想去喝一杯 |
[07:12] | but I’ve got an early meeting. | 但我明天一早要开会 |
[07:14] | How about tomorrow? | 那明天怎么样 |
[07:15] | All right, one pint. | 好吧 就一杯 |
[07:16] | Okay, maybe two pints. | 好吧 也许两杯 |
[07:18] | And a bag of chop. | 还有一袋含大麻的烟草 |
[07:19] | Twisted my arm. | 这是你逼我的 |
[07:21] | You ready to go? | 你准备要走了吗 |
[07:25] | Got a lot of work to do. | 我还有许多工作要做 |
[07:26] | I’ll see you at home. | 回家见吧 |
[07:28] | Fuck off. | 你少来 |
[07:28] | We both know I’m the only one that’s allowed to light it. | 我们都知道我是唯一一个被允许点燃它的人 |
[07:32] | Thank you for today. | 今天谢谢你了 |
[07:34] | Yeah. It’s exciting. | 客气 这很令人激动 |
[07:51] | Oh, I hate myself for saying it, but… | 我讨厌自己这样说 但是 |
[07:55] | it’s quite hot. | 你骑着还挺性感的 |
[07:57] | After tomorrow, you might never see me again. | 明天之后你可能再也见不到我了 |
[08:00] | What would you do? | 你会怎么做 |
[08:02] | I’d die. | 我会死的 |
[08:04] | No, but like, really… what would you do? | 不 说真的 你会怎么做 |
[08:21] | Depends who sits in your seat. | 这取决于谁坐你的位置 |
[08:24] | You’ve been fun, Robert. | 和你相处很有趣 罗伯特 |
[08:40] | Why was Yasmin thanking you? | 雅思敏刚才为什么要谢你 |
[08:45] | We’ll have a chance to chat tomorrow | 我们明天有机会聊 |
[08:47] | when the dust has settled. | 当一切尘埃落定 |
[08:50] | As someone who knows the process, | 作为了解该过程的人 |
[08:51] | can you at least tell me how much weight my speech | 请至少告诉我 相比董事总经理对我的看法 |
[08:52] | has versus the MDs’ opinion of me? | 我的演讲有多大分量 |
[08:56] | It’s a consideration of all those things, | 这是种全面综合考虑 |
[08:59] | plus your performance throughout the year. | 加上你过去一年的表现 |
[09:01] | Tomorrow, can you vouch for me? | 你明天会为我担保吗 |
[09:03] | As a friend? | 作为朋友 |
[09:06] | I must be one of the only ones in my class | 我肯定是今年班上唯一个 |
[09:08] | that printed business this year. | 签过合约的人 |
[09:09] | Everyone else is just glorified desk assistants. | 其他人不过是团队助理罢了 |
[09:14] | Then talk about that business. | 那你就说说那单生意 |
[09:17] | You know that I deserve to be here. | 你知道我应该在这里 |
[09:20] | Harper… | 哈珀 |
[09:25] | Please just try and get some sleep tonight. | 今晚试着好好睡一觉 |
[09:29] | But I wouldn’t be your friend and your boss, | 但这样我就不算你的朋友和老板了 |
[09:31] | if I didn’t tell you | 我必须告诉你 |
[09:32] | that I’m not convinced this environment mixes well | 我觉得这个环境并不适合 |
[09:34] | with whatever it is you’re… going through. | 你正经历的…不管是什么 |
[09:51] | So what? Are you– | 所以呢 你是说 |
[09:52] | Are you saying that I’m not cut out for this? | 你是说我天生不是这块料吗 |
[09:54] | Is that your professional opinion? | 这是你的专业看法吗 |
[09:57] | No, um… it just might not be a cultural fit, okay? | 不 你只是可能不适合这里的文化 好吗 |
[10:03] | Well as my friend and my boss, | 作为我的朋友兼老板 |
[10:04] | you put me in front of a client who sexually assaulted me, | 你让我去见一个性侵过我的客户 |
[10:06] | so how do you feel about that? | 对此你有什么感觉 |
[10:11] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[10:12] | Nicole took advantage of me. | 妮可占过我的便宜 |
[10:20] | That is a very serious allegation, Harper. | 这是一项非常严重的指控 哈珀 |
[10:22] | Yes, I’m making it seriously. | 是的 我是认真的 |
[10:27] | No, you’re not. | 不 你不是 |
[10:29] | You’re not thinking straight. | 你没想清楚 |
[10:31] | ‘Cause if it was serious, | 因为如果这是认真的 |
[10:32] | you wouldn’t tell me like this. | 你不会像这样告诉我 |
[10:50] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[10:51] | Cheers. | 谢谢 |
[10:53] | I can’t accept this. | 我不能接受这西装 |
[10:55] | Nonsense. | 胡说 |
[10:58] | Gorgeous Georgie just finished it this week. | 好心乔治这周刚做好 |
[11:00] | It’s not appropriate. | 这不合适 |
[11:01] | It’s finished, | 已经做好了 |
[11:02] | and it’s paid for. | 也付过钱了 |
[11:10] | So… | 所以 |
[11:14] | have you ever thought about getting help? | 你想过寻求帮助吗 |
[11:18] | Yeah, I’ve been at those meetings. | 是的 我参加过那些互助会 |
[11:23] | There’s this one guy I remember. | 我还记得一个家伙 |
[11:25] | Smart lad. | 聪明的小伙子 |
[11:27] | Kept telling me to | 一直跟我说 |
[11:28] | “replace the alibis of exceptionality | “别再以非凡作为借口了 |
[11:31] | that masqueraded as self-knowledge.” | 别再将其掩饰成自知之明” |
[11:36] | With what? | 那要改成什么 |
[11:37] | The polyester clichés of recovery? | 改为康复的老生常谈吗 |
[11:40] | Fuck that. | 去他的 |
[11:44] | You’re a fraud. | 你是个骗子 |
[11:47] | Laughter and lunches and tickets and fun. | 欢笑 吃午餐 签生意和找乐子 |
[11:52] | That’s the whole enterprise. | 整个行业就是这样了 |
[11:54] | Because if there’s no joy in it for you, | 因为如果你不能乐在其中 |
[11:56] | you might as well be dead. | 不如死了算了 |
[11:58] | I didn’t– don’t want to be small in my life, Rob. | 我曾经 现在也不想做个小人物 罗伯 |
[12:06] | I was large. | 我曾经很辉煌 |
[12:10] | Yeah, you should’ve seen me. | 你真应该看看那时候的我 |
[12:14] | Do you not wanna stop? | 你都不想停下吗 |
[12:16] | No. | 不 |
[12:19] | You’ve really fucking left me in the lurch, you know that? | 你真的把我弃之不顾了 你知道吗 |
[12:23] | I don’t know what I’m gonna do if they fire me. | 我不知道要是被炒了该怎么办 |
[12:26] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[12:29] | what have I got to go to, eh? | 我还能去哪呢 |
[12:35] | I knew Kaspar intimately. | 我非常了解卡斯帕 |
[12:39] | He didn’t know the first thing about me. | 他却对我一无所知 |
[12:43] | But he needed me. | 但他需要我 |
[12:46] | Twenty-year relationship. | 二十年的关系 |
[12:49] | I was who he wanted me to be. | 我一直扮演着他想让我扮演的角色 |
[12:55] | Just tell them what they need to hear to survive the day. | 就说些他们想听的 你能熬过去的 |
[13:01] | Make yourself big in your life, Rob. | 也在自己生命里做个大人物 罗伯 |
[13:05] | They’ll fall in love with you. | 他们会爱上你的 |
[13:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[13:15] | I need to go. | 我得走了 |
[13:23] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[14:02] | 珍和 外带中英式热食 | |
[14:02] | While my baseline was fulfilling the needs of the desk, | 我的基本资质满足部门需求 |
[14:04] | I also stood out on my own. | 我自己也脱颖而出 |
[14:06] | I’ve formulated over two dozen | 我设计了二十多种 |
[14:08] | bespoke macro trading strategies | 按需定制的宏观交易策略 |
[14:10] | across a number of instruments, | 利用了多种工具 |
[14:12] | 裁员日演讲 | |
[14:12] | vanilla cash equities to exotic derivatives, | 从普通现金股票到外来金融衍生品 |
[14:14] | leveraging at all points our different silos on the floor | 随时与所有交易部门沟通协调 |
[14:18] | and cross-selling products at every opportunity. | 把握各种机会跨产品销售 |
[14:20] | I can say confidently that by sales credits, | 我可以自信地说 按照交易金额 |
[14:22] | I’m the standout grad in front of you today. | 我是今天站在你们面前最出色的实习生 |
[14:27] | Right. | 好了 |
[14:28] | We’ve got a little kitty going. | 来下赌注吧 |
[14:29] | RIF Day Bingo. | 裁员日竞猜 |
[14:31] | Most common bullshit said by grads. | 实习生们说的最多的屁话 |
[14:33] | “Team player,” “touch base,” “add value,” et cetera. | “团队精神””取得联系””增加价值”等等 |
[14:35] | Shite, basically. | 全是放屁 |
[14:37] | And any graduate that’s brave enough to say | 哪个实习生要是敢说出 |
[14:38] | a sentence the traders come up with, | 交易员想到的话 |
[14:41] | gets a Gib. | 有奖励给你们 |
[14:42] | That’s a grand. | 那可是1000磅 |
[14:43] | What’s the sentence? | 什么话 |
[14:44] | Haven’t come up with that yet, | 现在还没想到 |
[14:46] | but we’ll email it around subtly. | 但是我们会发邮件暗示的 |
[14:48] | Kinda subtly. | 不算是暗示 |
[14:50] | Not subtly at all, actually. | 其实是明示 |
[14:57] | Uh, good to see you, sir. | 很高兴见到你 先生 |
[14:59] | – How you doing? – Yeah. | -你好吗 -不错 |
[15:00] | Great to see you again, man. | 很高兴再次见到你 伙计 |
[15:01] | How’s Trust Fund Terry doing? | 特里基金现在怎么样 |
[15:02] | Staying strong. | 很不错 |
[15:08] | I don’t wanna sound Johnny Paranoid, | 我不想听起来像个偏执狂一样 |
[15:10] | but that Adler gives me the fear. | 但是那个阿德勒真的让我很害怕 |
[15:12] | I heard he was having dinner with Boris last night, | 听说他昨晚和鲍里斯一起吃饭了 |
[15:13] | 5H. | 整整五小时 |
[15:16] | Rishi, Pierpoint. | 我是皮尔庞特的瑞西 |
[15:18] | Yeah. Yeah, I’m just– | 对 对 我只是 |
[15:23] | …restructuring, I reckon. | …重建 我认为 |
[15:26] | 你的命运写在另一块饼干里 | |
[15:27] | Nah, he wouldn’t come over for anything less. | 不 他不会为了比那还小事的过来 |
[15:30] | Yeah, I’ve got major post-pint anxiety. | 我有严重的酒后焦虑症 |
[15:32] | Do you want one? | 你想来一片吗 |
[15:34] | For today. | 为了今天 |
[15:34] | It’s like, um, beta blockers. | 类似于β受体阻断药 |
[15:36] | They stop adrenaline and stuff. | 抑制肾上腺素什么的 |
[15:38] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[15:41] | How about a fag? | 来根烟怎么样 |
[15:53] | What are you gonna do without me, then? | 离了我你要怎么办 |
[15:55] | I could throw myself in the Thames. | 我可以跳进泰晤士河里 |
[15:59] | You know, I think I’d miss you. | 我觉得我会想你的 |
[16:02] | I’m not very good at letting people in, you know? | 我不太擅长对人敞开心扉 |
[16:05] | Yeah, I’ve noticed. | 我发现了 |
[16:09] | I don’t think I’m Daria’s kind of person. | 我觉得达莉娅不喜欢我 |
[16:12] | What are you basing that on? | 为什么这么说 |
[16:15] | Let’s have a drink tonight. | 咱们今晚一起喝酒吧 |
[16:17] | After work. | 工作结束以后 |
[16:18] | You know, like a proper drink. | 约会的那种 |
[16:22] | You’re seriously doing this right now? | 你非要现在说这些吗 |
[16:25] | Yeah. Why not? | 为什么不呢 |
[16:28] | Come to mine, we can just hang out. | 来我家 我们可以一起玩 |
[16:36] | Fuck. | 靠 |
[16:37] | I’m on. | 到我了 |
[16:39] | Fuck. Okay. Um… | 靠 好吧 |
[16:45] | Oy, remember… | 记住… |
[16:47] | you’re better than me. | 你比我强多了 |
[17:11] | What the fuck? | 什么鬼 |
[17:18] | Can some fucking anorak crank the volume, please? | 哪个蠢蛋去把声音调大点 |
[17:26] | Uh, Vireo Partners | 合作伙伴维利欧 |
[17:27] | and their new senior PM, | 和他们的项目总经理 |
[17:28] | Usman Abboud, | 乌斯曼·阿布德 |
[17:30] | aim to achieve long-term capital growth | 想要实现长期资产增长 |
[17:33] | through active management by bottom-up stock picking. | 通过持续管理个股分析 |
[17:36] | What’s the most important thing | 你从客户关系中 |
[17:37] | you’ve learned about client relationships? | 学到的最重要的是什么 |
[17:42] | I guess that, um… | 我想… |
[17:46] | there’s still romance left in this business… | 这个行业里还是有浪漫可言 |
[17:48] | Anyone have “romance”? | 有人押”浪漫”了吗 |
[17:49] | …if you know where to look for it, you know? | …只要你知道在哪里寻找 |
[17:53] | No, not sure we do. | 不 我们好像不知道 |
[17:56] | What I mean is that, uh… | 我的意思是… |
[18:01] | is that one big night with a client | 和客户的重要一晚 |
[18:03] | is worth a thousand research reports. | 抵得过成千上万的市场调查 |
[18:06] | Well, that sounds like a euphemism. | 听上去好像话里有话 |
[18:09] | Don’t mind me. | 别在意我 |
[18:11] | It’s, uh… | 那是… |
[18:13] | It’s always an experience covering clients on the continent. | 在欧陆 接待客户总是种体验 |
[18:17] | Well, it’s, uh, more a question of experiences. | 那不仅仅是体验的问题 |
[18:20] | He’s seconds away from “touch base”. | 他离”取得联系”就差一点了 |
[18:22] | Do you feel you have anything to offer clients | 你觉得除了皮尔庞特的报销账目外 |
[18:25] | apart from Pierpoint’s expense account? | 自己还能提供给客户什么吗 |
[18:28] | What is your value add, Robert? | 你能增加什么价值 罗伯特 |
[18:30] | What do you actually do? | 你实际做了什么 |
[18:33] | Whether we like it or not… | 不管你们认不认同 |
[18:36] | this is still very much a belly-to-belly business. | 这依旧是个需要与客户面对面的行业 |
[18:40] | This whole job, in theory, | 所有的工作 理论上讲 |
[18:41] | could be completely automated. | 可以完全自动化 |
[18:43] | Completely electronic. | 完全电子化 |
[18:45] | But I still think that | 但我还是认为 |
[18:46] | if you want to make money off a client– | 如果想从客户那里赚钱 |
[18:49] | for a client, | 为客户挣钱 |
[18:51] | then it’s about listening to a voice. | 那就需要倾听他们的声音 |
[18:52] | Totally agree. | 完全同意 |
[18:53] | So you’ve secured Vireo as a client? | 所以你留住维利欧这个客户了吗 |
[18:56] | And can I press you on a “yes” or “no” answer, please? | 我能不能要求你说一个”是”或”否”的答案 |
[19:00] | No. | 没有 |
[19:01] | No. | 没有 |
[19:03] | They’ve secured me. | 他们留住我了 |
[19:12] | Oh, shit. | 糟糕 |
[19:14] | Uh, sorry, um… | 抱歉 |
[19:17] | Sorry, I– I get these whenever I’m really nervous. | 抱歉 我太紧张的时候就会这样 |
[19:21] | Guilty. | 我的错 |
[19:25] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[19:27] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[19:32] | You can go. | 你可以走了 |
[19:33] | Right. Sure. | 好 当然 |
[19:35] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[19:38] | Never known Adler to fly in for graduate hiring. | 我不知道阿德勒还会飞来看实习生应聘呢 |
[19:41] | Hey, Yasmin, | 雅思敏 |
[19:42] | that’s the global head of FICC. | 他是FICC业务的全球总领 |
[19:45] | – Fixed Income, Currencies… – I know who he is. | -固定收益 外汇… -我知道他是谁 |
[19:48] | No pressure. | 别紧张 |
[19:50] | Do you believe that shite | 你相信那种胡话吗 |
[19:51] | that clean eating makes your street-rat taste nicer? | 说健康饮食能让私处尝起来更好 |
[19:54] | Jesus Christ. | 老天啊 |
[19:55] | ‘Cause I’m off for some sushi. | 我准备去吃点寿司 |
[19:57] | You guys want anything? | 你们想要什么吗 |
[20:07] | A few of the grads have gotten their line managers | 一些实习生的部门经理 |
[20:10] | to speak to their MDs, | 和董事总经理谈了 |
[20:12] | sort of vouch for them. | 像是帮他们做担保 |
[20:18] | Did you speak to Wyndy about me? | 你跟温迪说过我吗 |
[20:22] | What, on your behalf? | 什么意思 替你说好话 |
[20:28] | Are you not tired of tiptoeing around each other? | 你这么小心翼翼地揣测别人不累吗 |
[20:32] | I’m just– I’m second guessing everything | 我现在 我每说一句话 |
[20:35] | that comes out of my mouth, you know? | 都得重新再想一遍 |
[20:38] | And if I’m honest, | 要我说实话 |
[20:39] | I’m sick of going home | 我已经不想再每天回家 |
[20:40] | and thinking more about my relationship with you. | 一直思考我们之间的关系了 |
[20:44] | It’s just not a cultural fit. | 你的文化不合 |
[20:47] | Well, maybe I’ll talk about my perspective on the cultural fit. | 或许我也可以谈谈我对”文化不合”的想法 |
[20:54] | You’re gonna stand up in front of the entire bank and say what? | 你准备站在整个银行面前说些什么 |
[20:59] | That I did… | 说我… |
[21:02] | what, exactly? | 究竟做了什么 |
[21:04] | Go on. | 说啊 |
[21:07] | Find your words. | 好好措辞 |
[21:08] | Yeah, well, maybe I’ll talk to HR. | 好吧 或许我会和人力资源部谈谈 |
[21:09] | Right, and how does that play out? | 好吧 那之后又会怎样 |
[21:11] | You drag me through a few things, | 你拉着我走些流程 |
[21:13] | you get paid, I get a slap on the wrist, | 你得到补偿 我被惩罚了 |
[21:15] | you have a mark next to your name | 你名字旁边会留下一个标记 |
[21:17] | and have people talk about you for the rest of your career? | 整个职业生涯里都被人议论纷纷 |
[21:21] | “There’s that girl. | “这就是那个女孩 |
[21:23] | Do you know what she did?” | 你知道她做了什么吗” |
[21:30] | Oh, come on! You know I’m only fucking about! | 别这样 我只是逗你玩的 |
[21:33] | You know that that’s our relationship. | 你知道我们的关系就是这样的 |
[21:35] | So what if it’s a bit combative? | 有些争强好胜又如何 |
[21:37] | That’s our style. | 这就是我们的风格 |
[21:38] | We’re a team. | 我们是个团队 |
[21:41] | I really appreciate everything you’ve done for me. | 很感谢你为我做过的一切 |
[21:46] | Oh, they’re calling you already. | 他们这时候就给你打电话了 |
[21:49] | Early bird special. | 早鸟特惠 |
[21:57] | Pierpoint, Yasmin speaking. | 皮尔庞特 我是雅思敏 |
[21:58] | We have someone downstairs for you. | 楼下有人找你 |
[22:01] | We’ve spent so little time together recently | 最近我们因为你的工作 |
[22:03] | because of your job. | 很少待在一起 |
[22:05] | And I– I needed a wake-up call. | 我 我确实需要一个警告 |
[22:06] | I– I feel so fucking lucky to be with you. | 我 我能和你在一起真的很幸运 |
[22:09] | Okay, well I don’t anymore. | 好吧 但我不再这么觉得了 |
[22:13] | Look, I’m– I’m sorry I don’t want it to be rough | 听着 我很抱歉我不想让性爱 |
[22:18] | when we have sex. | 那么粗暴 |
[22:19] | Fucking hell. | 老天啊 |
[22:20] | Like, why does that make me a bad person? | 但我怎么就因为这个成坏人了 |
[22:22] | Because– God. | 因为 天啊 |
[22:24] | You never made me feel like a sexual person. | 你从来都没让我觉得性欲高涨 |
[22:27] | Seb, I’m a sexual person. | 塞巴 我是个性欲旺盛的人 |
[22:30] | You nearly killed that in me. | 你都快让我性冷淡了 |
[22:33] | Oh my God. You need to leave. | 我的天啊 你得走了 |
[22:34] | I’m actually pretty busy today. | 我今天真的很忙 |
[22:37] | You know, liking that kind of thing… | 你知道 喜欢那种事… |
[22:41] | it’s not very feminist. | 这不太女权主义啊 |
[22:42] | I don’t give a fuck what’s feminist, Seb. | 我才不管女权不女权 塞巴 |
[22:45] | Please leave. | 请你走吧 |
[22:50] | You know, my friends have always wondered why I was with you. | 我朋友都一直很好奇我为什么和你在一起 |
[22:53] | A spoiled little rich girl. | 你就是个被宠坏的富家女孩 |
[22:55] | I guess now you’re home. | 我猜你现在找到归宿了 |
[22:59] | Be kind to yourself, Seb. | 对自己好点 塞巴 |
[23:20] | My mum, uh, used to get really worried | 我妈妈 以前总是很担心 |
[23:23] | about how many of these I got as a kid. | 我小时候就老是流鼻血 |
[23:26] | What, were you a cokehead back then, too? | 怎么 你那时候就是个瘾君子了 |
[23:34] | I need you to know that… | 你得知道… |
[23:37] | none of that worked on me. | 你说的那些对我都不管用 |
[23:40] | I see you. | 我了解你 |
[23:42] | I know what you are. | 我知道你是什么样的人 |
[23:45] | I don’t wanna be a babysitter. | 我不想当保姆 |
[23:47] | I don’t want to be a carer. | 也不想当护工 |
[23:49] | I don’t want to be a mother, especially to you. | 更不想当妈 尤其是为你 |
[23:54] | You don’t have a future on my desk | 你不可能在我的团队发展 |
[23:56] | because you’ve never displayed that you have any value. | 因为你从没展示出任何价值 |
[24:05] | To me… | 对我来说… |
[24:08] | you’re worthless. | 你一无是处 |
[24:25] | Given the chance to | 只要我有机会 |
[24:27] | further my career at Pierpoint, | 在皮尔庞特发展职业前景 |
[24:30] | um, I am certain I will find | 我确信我会找到 |
[24:33] | new and vary way– varied ways | 多变 多变的新方法 |
[24:36] | to, um, add value to its outstanding culture. | 来为优秀的企业文化增添价值 |
[24:40] | Bingo. | 押中了 |
[24:41] | Oh, fuck. | 该死 |
[24:43] | And how would you define our culture? | 你会怎么定义我们的企业文化 |
[24:53] | It’s a culture of every man… | 它是每个人… |
[24:58] | every man and woman, | 男人和女人 |
[24:59] | um, lifting each other up. | 互相帮助扶持 |
[25:02] | And have you felt supported throughout? | 从始至终你都感受到支持了吗 |
[25:09] | Ye– Absolutely, um… | 绝对的 |
[25:11] | Yeah, I really feel part of a team. | 我觉得自己真的是团队的一份子 |
[25:16] | Thank you, Yasmin. | 谢谢你 雅思敏 |
[25:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[25:30] | Alice moved out. | 爱丽丝搬出去了 |
[25:34] | Was it mutual? | 你们两个都同意吗 |
[25:37] | I mean, she always kind of knew. | 她一直都有所察觉 |
[25:40] | I’m sure we could have kept the whole thing going, | 我相信我们本能继续下去 |
[25:42] | but out in the open, it just– | 只是现在公开了 |
[25:44] | it made the whole thing untenable. | 一切都开始摇摇欲坠 |
[25:46] | For both of us. | 对我们两个都是 |
[25:50] | Look. I’m… | 听着 我 |
[25:53] | I’m really… sorry. | 我真的… 很抱歉 |
[25:58] | Can we somehow make this right? | 我们还能弥补一下吗 |
[26:01] | Come to Polton this weekend. | 这个周末来波尔顿吧 |
[26:04] | It’s my parents’ place. | 去我父母家 |
[26:05] | We can, you know, we can do whatever. | 我们可以 我们什么都能做 |
[26:07] | We can… chill. | 我们可以…一起玩 |
[26:11] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[26:13] | Yes. | 确定 |
[26:15] | Yes, of course, I’m sure. | 当然 我确定 |
[26:20] | Oh, shit. My parents are there this weekend. | 糟了 我父母这周在家 |
[26:24] | I thought they were back in Hong Kong. | 我以为他们回香港了 |
[26:27] | Okay, a major calendar fuck-up. | 好吧 完全搞错日程了 |
[26:30] | Look, any other weekend, okay? | 听着 其他周末都行 好吗 |
[26:33] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[26:36] | Sure. A weekend soon. | 好 不久将来的周末 |
[26:40] | Send me a calendar invite. | 给我发个日程邀请 |
[26:59] | Where did you stay last night? | 你昨晚住哪了 |
[27:02] | At home. I got up early. | 在家 我起得早 |
[27:04] | Did you watch my speech? | 你看我的发言了吗 |
[27:07] | Were you with Robert? | 你和罗伯特在一起吗 |
[27:08] | What? I was at home. | 什么 我一直在家 |
[27:11] | I’ve just been getting up early. | 我只是最近起得比较早 |
[27:16] | What is your game? | 你在玩什么把戏 |
[27:18] | What game? | 什么把戏 |
[27:20] | Like… your game. | 就是… 你的把戏 |
[27:22] | What are you doing talking to Daria? | 你找达莉娅谈话干什么 |
[27:25] | I’m not playing a fucking game, Harper. | 我没有在玩把戏 哈珀 |
[27:28] | I was talking to Daria about switching desks. | 我跟达莉娅说调换部门的事 |
[27:32] | You know I’ve had a shitty time here. | 你知道我在这过得很不好 |
[27:34] | I thought you might be receptive | 我以为你会接受 |
[27:35] | to the idea of us working together, | 我们一起工作这个想法 |
[27:37] | you know, as friends. | 作为朋友 |
[27:40] | Harper, | 哈珀 |
[27:42] | are you seriously okay? | 你真的没事吗 |
[27:44] | Any success I might have | 我任何可能的成就 |
[27:46] | doesn’t have to come at a cost to you. | 都不会以你为代价 |
[27:59] | We’ll all be fine. | 我们都会没事的 |
[28:01] | Just tell them what they want to hear. | 说些他们想听的就好 |
[28:05] | You know, you’re, like, | 你知道吗 遇见你 |
[28:06] | the best thing to come out of this experience for me. | 是我这段经历里最棒的事了 |
[28:13] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[28:39] | Let me just say, first and foremost, without equivocation, | 首先请允许我直截了当地说 |
[28:44] | after everything we’ve all been through together… | 在我们一起经历了这么多以后 |
[28:48] | allow me this indulgence. | 请你们包涵 |
[28:56] | “Buy the dip. Short the VIX. | “逢低买入 做空恐慌指数 |
[28:59] | Fuck Bitcoin.” | 去他妈的比特币” |
[29:01] | Yes! Yes! | 棒 太敢了 |
[29:05] | Buy the dip. Short the VIX. | 逢低买入 做空恐慌指数 |
[29:07] | Fuck Bitcoin! | 去他妈的比特币 |
[29:11] | Thank you for the opportunity. | 感谢你们给我机会 |
[29:21] | “Fuck Bitcoin” is actually the house view. | “去他妈的比特币”其实是银行的观点 |
[29:24] | – Well, that was a waste of time. – Good luck. | -真是浪费时间 -祝你好运 |
[29:25] | Sorry, everyone. | 抱歉各位 |
[29:27] | We’ll get to the bottom of that. | 我们会了解清楚的 |
[29:28] | Interesting grad class, Sara. | 这届实习生很有趣 莎拉 |
[29:31] | Harper Stern? | 哈珀·斯登 |
[30:00] | I have formulate– | 我设计了 |
[30:08] | I have formulated | 我设计了 |
[30:09] | 22 different b– bespoke… | 22种订 定制的… |
[30:15] | Why don’t you tell us about the relationship you’re most proud of? | 不如你说说你最自豪的客户关系吧 |
[30:21] | Whatever’s the most revealing. | 最给你启发的 |
[30:23] | Take your time. | 慢慢来 |
[30:30] | Harper, are you okay? | 哈珀 你还好吗 |
[30:38] | Har– | 哈… |
[31:26] | Hey. Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[31:31] | I can’t breathe. | 我喘不过气来 |
[31:34] | Hey, hey. Breathe with me. | 别慌 跟我一起呼吸 |
[31:36] | In through your nose, out through your mouth. | 用鼻子吸气 用嘴巴呼气 |
[31:43] | Well, that was, | 那真是 |
[31:44] | uh, totally unacceptable. | 完全不可接受 |
[31:45] | I’m sure this doesn’t even warrant a discussion. | 我觉得都不需要讨论了 |
[31:48] | There are considerations about what he’s been through. | 需要考虑到他经历的一切 |
[31:50] | That’s yesterday’s news cycle. | 那都是明日黄花了 |
[31:51] | With all due respect, | 无意冒犯 |
[31:53] | you are speaking quite flippantly | 你这话说得过于轻率了 |
[31:54] | for someone who hasn’t been on the ground. | 对于一个不在公司的人来说 |
[31:56] | And with all due respect, | 我也无意冒犯 |
[31:57] | Sara, nobody in New York is talking about that. | 莎拉 纽约根本没人谈论这事 |
[32:00] | He sat next to someone who died on our watch. | 他就坐在一个死在我们公司的实习生旁 |
[32:03] | And he’s one of our brightest. | 而且他是最聪明的之一 |
[32:05] | Look, I know this sounds cold, | 听着 我知道这听上去很冷漠 |
[32:06] | but in the interest of time, we’ve moved on. | 但时间有限 我们已经看开了 |
[32:08] | Rightly or wrongly, that’s the reality. | 无论对错 这就是现实 |
[32:10] | So let’s take care of it, please. | 所以这件事到此为止吧 |
[32:14] | Sorry, team. My five o’clock is here. | 抱歉 各位 我五点约的人来了 |
[32:19] | Well, that doesn’t sound ominous at all. | 这听上去一点也没不吉利呢 |
[32:25] | 罗伯特·斯皮尔林 | |
[32:28] | I don’t think this is the kind of person we should be championing. | 我觉得我们不该鼓励雇佣这种人 |
[32:32] | I mean, we’ve let people sleepwalk into these jobs | 我们让很多人轻易得到这里的工作 |
[32:35] | too often and too easily. | 太过频繁 也太过简单了 |
[32:38] | Nothing between his ears. | 他根本没什么头脑 |
[32:39] | Adler likes him. | 阿德勒喜欢他 |
[32:41] | I don’t want to come across as patronizing, | 我不想听上去自觉高人一等 |
[32:43] | you know I never mean to, | 你知道我从来没这个意思 |
[32:44] | but there are certain people, | 但有些人 |
[32:47] | clients, who would instantly get on with that kind of guy. | 客户 他们就会自然而然信任这种人 |
[32:51] | Okay, but I– I’d be happy | 好吧 如果他聪明点 |
[32:52] | to excuse that kind of attitude if he was smart… | 我会很乐意接受这种态度 |
[32:57] | – But the truth is– – What is remarkable about him? | -但事实是… -他有什么优点 |
[33:01] | Adler liked him. | 阿德勒喜欢他 |
[33:08] | She seems like a bit of a shrinking violet in the room. | 她看起来很羞涩腼腆 |
[33:12] | But what do we think about her intelligence? | 但我们对她的能力有什么想法呢 |
[33:14] | Well, she wasn’t great on the technicals. | 她不是很擅长技术的东西 |
[33:17] | Hilary? | 希拉里你呢 |
[33:20] | I think she’s very smart. | 我觉得她很聪明 |
[33:22] | She was instrumental in introducing us to a new fund. | 她在为我们引见新基金时起了重大作用 |
[33:26] | It fell apart. | 但最后没成 |
[33:28] | Yes! Tommy… | 对 汤米 |
[33:28] | Nothing to do with her. | 但与她无关 |
[33:30] | It was their needs. | 是他们的需求问题 |
[33:32] | She’s, um… | 她 |
[33:35] | she’s a team player. | 她很有团队精神 |
[33:40] | I’ll take this. | 我愿意要她 |
[33:41] | I’ve worried at certain points about her ability | 我担心过关于她 |
[33:44] | to handle the pressure. | 承受压力的能力 |
[33:47] | But if we were to define a Pierpoint person | 但如果我们对皮尔庞特职员的定义 |
[33:49] | as a producer, hardworking, | 是生产者 勤奋努力 |
[33:51] | someone who truly puts the job ahead of herself… | 一个真正把工作放在自己前面的人对话 |
[33:56] | then she’s the easiest hire we’ll ever make. | 那雇她就是我们做过的最简单的决定 |
[33:59] | Was that kind of erratic performance typical of her? | 她会经常有刚才那种不稳定的表现吗 |
[34:08] | So, I would say the embedding of bold products | 所以我建议今后逐渐购入 |
[34:13] | going forward and, uh, | 风险稍大的产品 然后 |
[34:16] | you know, we need to do that… | 我们需要去… |
[34:20] | It’s a very common strategy. | 这是个很普遍的策略 |
[34:39] | Yes, Gus, lad. | 好样的 加斯 |
[34:41] | You leave a size load, mate. | 你留下了深刻印象 哥们 |
[34:43] | Huge hardo energy! | 太硬核了 |
[34:44] | Treat yourself to a Pier-pint! | 好好奖励自己一杯[音同皮尔庞特] |
[34:58] | Well done, mate. | 恭喜你 哥们 |
[35:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:27] | It sounds like you’ve had an extraordinary year. | 听上去你过了无比精彩的一年 |
[35:30] | Good stuff always filters up. | 是金子总会发光的 |
[35:33] | Your desk’s a breeding ground for world-class people. | 你们的部门是孕育世界级人才的宝地 |
[35:39] | Oh, I’m, uh– | 我 |
[35:40] | I’m sorry this is so low-fi. | 我很抱歉只能手写 |
[35:46] | So, these, uh, five accounts are Eric’s. | 这些是埃里克的五个客户 |
[35:49] | They represent 28 million dollars in sales credits. | 他们能产生两千八百万的销售额 |
[35:51] | That’s, uh, what, | 那些大概占了 |
[35:52] | 费利姆·毕肯 大卫·希林 妮可·克雷格 | |
[35:53] | 60 percent of the desk’s pie? | 部门收益的60%吧 |
[35:56] | They only trade with Eric. | 他们只愿意和埃里克交易 |
[35:58] | Eric could walk into Goldman’s. | 埃里克可以去高盛 |
[36:00] | They become Goldman’s. | 他们就成了高盛的客户了 |
[36:04] | I need them to be Pierpoint’s. | 我需要他们是皮尔庞特的客户 |
[36:07] | Now, uh, given the NDA, | 鉴于我们有保密协议 |
[36:08] | it would be very easy to make what happened, | 所以发生了的事 或没发生的事 |
[36:10] | or didn’t happen, go away. | 让那些消失很简单 |
[36:11] | We’re in a good position. | 我们现在处境很容易 |
[36:13] | Eric assures me that there were some, uh… exaggerations, | 埃里克向我保证事情描述有些…夸张了 |
[36:17] | a misunderstanding between the two of you. | 只是你们两人间的误会 |
[36:19] | Some things were said that were, shall we say… | 之前你说的一些事 这么说吧 |
[36:22] | Not true. | 不是真的 |
[36:26] | We’re giving you a chance to retract your accusation. | 我们愿意给你个机会收回你的指责 |
[36:31] | So if we can clarify, | 所以如果能澄清 |
[36:32] | or– or better yet, smooth over the inconsistencies, | 或 或更好 消除矛盾 |
[36:36] | I’m sure we can find a way | 我们肯定能找到方法 |
[36:37] | to make this beneficial to your future. | 让你的未来更加受益 |
[36:41] | I’m, um… | 我 |
[36:43] | I’m quite influential here. | 我在这里影响力很大 |
[36:49] | How are Fenmarsh on here? | 那芬马什公司呢 |
[36:51] | I– I apologized to Felim for what I said in front of his wife. | 我已经向费利姆道歉了 关于我对他妻子说的话 |
[36:57] | Look, uh, ultimately, | 听着 归根结底 |
[36:59] | this is, uh, an isolated issue between two people. | 这只是两个人之间的独立事件 |
[37:03] | We work things out, peer to peer, | 同事间解决矛盾 |
[37:04] | the institution doesn’t suffer. | 公司不会因此受损 |
[37:11] | Work it out. You’re both salespeople, for God’s sake. | 冰释前嫌吧 你们都是销售啊 天地良心 |
[37:20] | It’s not often in life that when you lose something, | 生活中这样的机会不多 在你失去什么后 |
[37:23] | you get a chance to bring it back. | 还能让你拿回来 |
[37:30] | Hi, Bill. I’m going to have to borrow Harper. | 比尔 我要借走哈珀一下 |
[37:33] | Well, we’re in the middle of something. | 我们现在正谈事情呢 |
[37:35] | Gonna have to insist. | 我必须要跟她谈谈 |
[37:36] | Sara, this is a private meeting. | 莎拉 这是个私人会议 |
[37:51] | If I know anything, | 要说我知道什么 |
[37:52] | it’s that I have worked | 就是我努力地工作 |
[37:54] | so that men can no longer | 让男人不再能够 |
[37:55] | make unilateral decisions in airless rooms. | 在不透风的房间里做单方面的决定 |
[38:03] | You weren’t there! | 你不在 |
[38:04] | You weren’t even there! | 你都不在那 |
[38:10] | You know, Lehman was a dry goods store once. | 知道吗 雷曼最早是家纺织品公司 |
[38:13] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -嗯 |
[38:15] | Management still used to call it “the family business,” | 管理层如今还称它为”家族企业” |
[38:18] | which was bullshit. | 其实都是扯淡 |
[38:21] | On my desk, we used to call Dick Fuld, | 在我部门 我们以前叫迪克·弗尔德 |
[38:23] | the CEO, “the invisible man.” | 就是执行总裁 “隐形的男人” |
[38:25] | He was never on the floor. | 他从不在公司 |
[38:28] | An invisible man pushing people to sell invisible things. | 一个隐形的男人让人们去销售隐形的产品 |
[38:35] | You know, over a thousand banks have failed in the last ten years. | 过去十年有超过一千家银行倒闭了 |
[38:38] | About a dozen were created. | 大概只新增了12家 |
[38:41] | We have answered “too big to fail” | 我们通过让银行变得更大 |
[38:42] | by making bigger banks. | 达到”体量过大不能倒闭” |
[38:46] | Nothing’s changed? | 什么也没改变吗 |
[38:47] | Nothing. But it can. | 没有 但可以改变 |
[38:51] | Some people are trying to change it. | 有些人在试着改变 |
[38:52] | Daria’s one of them. | 达莉娅就是其中之一 |
[38:53] | But the only agency we have in a stagnant system | 但在这个停滞不前的系统里 我们唯一的武器 |
[38:56] | is the single choices that we make, | 就是当下我们做的每个决定 |
[38:59] | and the cumulative effect of making the correct ones | 而且多数时候仰仗于一系列正确决定的 |
[39:02] | more often than not. | 累积效应 |
[39:04] | I’m not just offering you the job. | 我不只是在给你一份工作 |
[39:07] | Forget my targets. | 别想我说的目标了 |
[39:10] | This is more important than that. | 这比那些更加重要 |
[39:12] | I am giving you an opportunity to change the culture. | 我在给你一个改变企业文化的机会 |
[39:20] | I will believe anything you tell me now. | 我会相信你说的所有话 |
[39:22] | Okay? It’s up to you. | 好吗 这由你决定 |
[39:24] | But remember, the choice… | 但记住 你做的选择 |
[39:27] | is between the invisible man and the visible woman. | 是关乎隐形男人和有形女人 |
[39:32] | Between people like Eric, | 选择埃里克这样的人 |
[39:34] | or people like Daria. | 或达莉娅这样的人 |
[39:39] | – Can I ask you something? – Yeah. | -我能问个问题吗 -问吧 |
[39:44] | What do you really know about me? | 你对我有多少了解 |
[39:46] | Like, really… know about me? | 就是 真正的了解 |
[39:51] | Other than when you look at me, | 除了你看到我时 |
[39:52] | you clearly see a victim. | 看到了一个受害者之外 |
[40:06] | After you, of course. | 女士优先 |
[40:27] | Put your phone away. | 别看手机了 |
[40:42] | Thanks for bringing me home. | 谢谢你带我回家 |
[40:50] | Did Felim really forgive you? | 费利姆真的原谅你了吗 |
[40:59] | Why? | 为什么 |
[41:02] | Because I was very contrite. | 因为我痛悔了 |
[41:05] | What did you actually say? | 你到底说了什么 |
[41:07] | To his wife, or in front of his wife. Whatever. | 对他的妻子 或在他妻子前 随便什么 |
[41:15] | I have… I have no fucking idea. | 我 我完全不知道 |
[41:22] | I– I have no fucking idea. | 我完全不知道 |
[41:40] | I’m sorry, everyone wants you on the tape right now. | 抱歉 现在每个人都希望签你 |
[41:46] | Hey. Wh– what happened? | 怎么了 |
[41:50] | Harper, are you okay? | 哈珀 你还好吗 |
[41:54] | You know that we gave you a job in the room. | 你知道我们商议留下你了 |
[41:59] | Look… | 听着 |
[42:01] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[42:03] | Okay? About before, | 好吗 关于之前 |
[42:04] | about not taking what you said seriously. | 没把你说的话当真 |
[42:09] | About Nicole. | 关于妮可 |
[42:11] | Sometimes this place makes you forget yourself. | 有时这地方会让你忘记自己 |
[42:15] | You know? | 你知道吗 |
[42:17] | But we’re gonna do something about it. | 但我们会做出改变 |
[42:19] | Together. | 携手一起 |
[42:25] | I’m really sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[42:30] | Daria speaking. | 我是达莉娅 |
[42:33] | Uh, okay. Why? | 好 为什么 |
[42:36] | Yeah. Sure. | 行 当然 |
[42:39] | Okay, I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[42:41] | And then we are getting a drink, | 然后我们就去喝一杯 |
[42:43] | or six, to celebrate. | 或六杯酒 好好庆祝 |
[42:49] | We made it. | 我们成功了 |
[42:59] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[43:02] | I sat down with Adler. | 我跟阿德勒见面了 |
[43:05] | Why? | 为什么 |
[43:05] | And Eric. | 关于埃里克 |
[43:06] | Eric? Sorry. What’s going on? | 埃里克 不好意思 怎么回事 |
[43:10] | Daria’s gone and Eric’s coming back. | 达莉娅走人了 埃里克要回来了 |
[43:14] | What did you do? | 你干了什么 |
[43:16] | I told them that Daria had her own agenda | 我说达莉娅有自己的小算盘 |
[43:18] | and pressured me into saying something that wasn’t true. | 强迫我说了一些不是事实的话 |
[43:20] | But it was true. | 但那些就是事实 |
[43:23] | No, don’t turn away from me. | 不 看着我 |
[43:29] | You’re unbelievable. | 你真是难以置信 |
[43:32] | So it’s not about your survival, | 所以这不是关乎你的生存 |
[43:34] | it’s just about you. | 只是关于你 |
[43:36] | It’s always just been about you. | 一直以来都是关于你 |
[43:38] | Like really, | 说真的 |
[43:39] | you are fucking unbelievable. | 你真是太难以置信了 |
[43:42] | I did what anybody would have done. | 我做了所有人都会做的事 |
[43:43] | No, no. | 不 不是 |
[43:45] | I wouldn’t have. | 我就不会 |
[43:46] | Yeah, well, Yasmin, | 那是当然 雅思敏 |
[43:48] | you would never be in that position, would you? | 你永远也不会处在那种境遇 不是吗 |
[43:51] | Don’t turn away from me. | 别转开脸 |
[43:52] | You have no idea what it’s like for me. | 你根本不知道我的生活是怎么样 |
[43:55] | You think that I’m selfish, | 你觉得我自私 |
[43:57] | but you have no idea | 但你完全不知道 |
[43:58] | what it’s like to try to live for two fucking people. | 试着替两个人生活有多困难 |
[44:02] | Okay, I didn’t think you’d actually go there. | 好吧 我没想到你真的会说那些 |
[44:04] | Don’t judge me when you hold | 你少看不起我了 |
[44:05] | your fucking tongue whenever it suits you. | 自己还不是见风使舵 |
[44:07] | What does that mean? | 你什么意思 |
[44:07] | It means that you’re weak! | 我说你软弱 |
[44:11] | And a fucking hypocrite. | 还是个伪君子 |
[44:22] | Doesn’t look like we’ll be working together, does it? | 看来我们不会一起了工作了 对吧 |
[44:29] | You know, you play broken really well. | 你苦大仇深的样子扮演得很不错 |
[44:33] | But, to be honest, you’re just a bit of a cunt, aren’t you? | 但说实话 你只是个贱逼 对吧 |
[44:45] | It’s all good, man. All good. | 都好 哥们 好的 |
[44:46] | All right, bye. | 好 拜 |
[44:48] | Bye. | 拜 |
[44:57] | Congratulations. | 恭喜了 |
[45:02] | Fuck off, Kenny. | 滚开 肯尼 |
[45:51] | Hi, this is Robert’s phone, leave a message. | 我是罗伯特 请留言 |
[46:10] | He’s still out. | 他还没回来 |
[46:13] | – Okay, cool. – Oh, you left this here. | -好的 没关系 -你把这个落在这了 |
[46:34] | HS[哈珀·斯登] | |
[47:27] | 祝(你)我们的未来前程似锦 爱你的雅思敏 |