时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:16] | We loved it. | 好精彩 |
[00:30] | Got it. | 我去接 |
[00:36] | Hello, Pink Place and Chinese Laundry, | 你好 这里是粉红坊和中国洗衣店 |
[00:37] | how may I help you? | 您有什么需要 |
[00:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[00:39] | I’m sure that’s very funny, | 我相信这么说很搞笑 |
[00:40] | but I could be someone important. | 但我有可能是个重要人物 |
[00:41] | I could be calling about work. | 有可能是打电话来谈工作的事 |
[00:44] | Is he there? | 他在吗 |
[00:45] | Yes, hello Mrs. T. | 是的 你好啊 T夫人 |
[00:47] | I’ll just get him now. | 我现在就去叫他 |
[00:49] | Ritchie, it’s your mom. | 里奇 是你妈妈 |
[00:53] | And how are you? | 你最近怎么样 |
[00:55] | How’s the show? | 演出如何 |
[00:56] | It’s nice, yeah. | 挺好的 |
[00:58] | I’ve got a job for life there. | 我在那里拿到了一份终身工作 |
[00:59] | I’m very lucky. | 十分幸运 |
[01:01] | Richie, where are you? | 里奇 你在哪儿 |
[01:03] | Coming. | 来了 |
[01:05] | Here he comes. | 他正在过来 |
[01:06] | Here he is, taking his time as always. | 他来了 一如既往地慢 |
[01:14] | Hi, sorry I was outside. | 嗨 抱歉我刚才在外面 |
[01:15] | It’s just a quick call, | 我就简单说几句 |
[01:16] | but I was just wondering about Christmas. | 我想知道圣诞节的安排 |
[01:18] | Oh God, it’s November. | 天哪 这才十一月啊 |
[01:20] | Well, that’s close enough. | 是啊 近在眼前 |
[01:22] | Didn’t see you last year. | 去年你没来 |
[01:23] | Well, I thought we could all have a nice time. | 我想我们本应该一起好好过圣诞 |
[01:25] | I just don’t know. | 我现在不确定 |
[01:26] | I’ve got an audition | 我有个试镜 |
[01:27] | for this thing on Scottish TV, police thing. | 苏格兰电视台的 饰演警察 |
[01:30] | Well, that’s nice. | 那很好啊 |
[01:32] | Do we get that? | 我们能收看吗 |
[01:32] | No, it’s only in Scotland. | 不 只在苏格兰播 |
[01:35] | I’ve not got it yet, but I need to sort of be on standby. | 角色还没定是我 但我得随时待命 |
[01:39] | But it’s been ages since we saw you. | 但我们好久没见你了 |
[01:41] | I know. | 我知道 |
[01:42] | That’s the job, sorry. | 这就是工作 抱歉 |
[01:45] | But just think about it though. | 但是你再想想 |
[01:47] | Please come home. | 还是回家吧 |
[01:49] | It’s been such a long time. | 真的好久没见了 |
[01:50] | I’d love to see you. | 我很想你 |
[01:57] | I heard Birmingham Rep, | 我听说伯明翰剧院 |
[01:59] | they’re doing a production of “Hay Fever” next summer. | 他们明年夏天要排演《花粉热》 |
[02:01] | I could audition. | 我可以去试镜 |
[02:02] | Birmingham, how are you gonna go up there? | 伯明翰吗 那么远你怎么去 |
[02:05] | Well, I can. | 我可以坐火车 |
[02:06] | There are trains with toilets. | 带厕所的那种 |
[02:09] | I can manage. | 我能规划好 |
[02:09] | Seriously though, what if you need a piss on stage? | 说真的 如果你在舞台上想撒尿怎么办 |
[02:13] | I’m not that bad, do you mind? | 我可没那么逊 你别扯淡了 |
[02:14] | No, but the thing is, you’ve done “Hay Fever.” | 行吧 但问题是 你之前演过《花粉热》 |
[02:16] | They’re not going to cast the same boy in Birmingham. | 他们不会在伯明翰选同一个人来演 |
[02:19] | They don’t do that, do they? | 他们不会那么干的 是吗 |
[02:21] | Not as a rule, but they might want me. | 一般不会 但他们或许会想要我 |
[02:22] | When has that ever happened? | 从来都没有过先例 |
[02:24] | There’s gotta be a first time. | 凡事总有第一次嘛 |
[02:26] | You don’t need to make faces. | 你不用做鬼脸 |
[02:28] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[02:31] | I just think let’s get over this bit | 我只是觉得我们先等等看 |
[02:34] | ’cause your tum’s not very well, | 你的肠胃不太好 |
[02:35] | but you were like this in July and you got much better. | 但你在七月份的时候就是这样 后来好多了 |
[02:37] | So let’s wait for that to happen. | 所以等一段时间或许就又好了 |
[02:39] | Then we can think about Birmingham. | 然后我们可以再把伯明翰提上日程 |
[02:42] | Oh, you were brilliant in that show. | 你在那个剧里表现得很出色 |
[02:46] | Oh, you were amazing. | 你棒极了 |
[02:47] | God, you were funny. | 天啊 你们在开玩笑 |
[02:48] | I was good, wasn’t I? | 我很优秀 不是吗 |
[02:49] | Absolutely brilliant. | 太棒了 |
[02:50] | You were, I’m not even kidding, | 你是 不是我开玩笑啊 |
[02:52] | you were the best thing I’ve ever seen. | 你是我所见过的最好的演员 |
[02:58] | Come on you. | 走吧 |
[02:59] | Bedtime, it’s late, nearly half past seven. | 该睡觉了 已经很晚了 都快到七点半了 |
[03:37] | There now, give you a good shake. | 好了 给你好好摇一摇 |
[03:41] | Rattle, rattle, rattle. | 嘎嘎 嘎嘎 |
[03:44] | Good night then, darling. | 晚安 亲爱的 |
[03:51] | And we need a word in the morning about your mom and dad. | 早上我们要谈谈你爸妈的事 |
[03:54] | Up your bum. | 去你的吧 |
[03:55] | Up yours too. | 去你的吧 |
[03:57] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[04:19] | Oh, look at you, oh no, no, no, no, no. | 瞧瞧你 不 不 |
[04:22] | I’m okay, I just fell. | 我没事 我只是摔倒了 |
[04:23] | It’s all right, I fell, that’s all. | 没关系 我摔了一下 仅此而已 |
[04:25] | I just feel a bit hot. | 我只是觉得有点热 |
[04:28] | He was on AZT, but he’s been on DDI since August. | 他最近在服用齐多夫定 但从8月份就开始吃二去氧肌苷 |
[04:31] | Honestly, I’m going into hospital on Wednesday | 老实说 我星期三就要去医院 |
[04:33] | for the Pentamindine. | 去开戊烷脒 |
[04:34] | They can look at me then. | 他们到时也会帮我检查 |
[04:39] | Everything okay? | 出什么事了 |
[04:40] | Yeah, Richie fell out of bed, | 里奇从床上摔了下来 |
[04:41] | and he’s got a bit of a temperature. | 他有点发烧 |
[04:43] | Tell him God blesses his soul. | 告诉他上帝保佑他的灵魂 |
[04:45] | Charity from downstairs says, “God blesses your soul.” | 楼下的大善人说 上帝保佑你的灵魂 |
[04:48] | Oh, I feel better already. | 我已经感觉好多了 |
[04:53] | He’s such a beautiful boy, | 他长得真秀气 |
[04:55] | but you know what they say, don’t you? | 但你知道他们是怎么说的 是吧 |
[04:57] | You know what the AIDS stands for? | 你知道艾滋病代表什么吗 |
[05:00] | What? | 什么 |
[05:01] | It stands for angels in disguise. | 它代表伪装的天使 |
[05:05] | They are preparing the way for his eternal life. | 他们正在为他早生极乐铺平道路 |
[05:08] | He’s very lucky. | 他很幸运 |
[05:10] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[05:20] | Well Dr. Sullivan can take a look at you first thing. | 苏利文医生可以先看看你 |
[05:23] | Till then, no more scares, thank you very much. | 在那之前 不用害怕 非常感谢 |
[05:25] | Now get some sleep, and you too. | 现在睡一觉吧 你也睡一觉 |
[05:29] | That’s telling you. | 听到了吗 |
[05:30] | Now do what she says. | 现在照她说的做 |
[05:31] | I’ll come back first thing. | 我会尽快回来 |
[05:33] | And you lover boy, night then. | 还有你 小情人 晚安 |
[05:38] | I’ll be home tomorrow, so don’t sell my bed. | 我明天就回家 所以不要卖我的床 |
[05:40] | Okay, I know you. | 好吗 我懂你的 |
[05:42] | Too late. | 太晚了 |
[05:49] | How are you getting home? | 你怎么回家 |
[05:50] | I’ll get a taxi, don’t worry. | 我去叫辆出租车 别担心 |
[05:53] | I think Paul’s awake. | 保罗正醒着 |
[05:54] | No, I won’t bother them now. | 不 我现在不想打扰他们 |
[05:57] | Could be your last chance. | 可能是你最后的机会 |
[06:02] | We’ve got another lonely Joe, no visitors, | 我们这还有一个孤独的陌生人 没有访客 |
[06:05] | no parents or sisters or anything. | 没有父母姐妹什么的 |
[06:08] | He’s got to have friends. | 他一定有朋友 |
[06:10] | We keep saying, “Can we phone anyone?” | 我们一直在问 我们需要给谁打电话吗 |
[06:13] | He says, “No,” and he lies there all day dying of shame. | 他说 不 然后整天躺在那里 羞愧得要死 |
[06:20] | Hey, I heard you were in. | 我听说你在这 |
[06:28] | Come and say hello. | 过来打个招呼 |
[06:32] | He’d like that. | 他会喜欢的 |
[06:52] | Hey, Jill wants to say hello. | 吉尔想打个招呼 |
[07:00] | Jill Baxter, she’s here. | 吉尔·巴克斯特 她来了 |
[07:19] | Hello Paul. | 你好 保罗 |
[07:23] | Hello sweetheart. | 你好 甜心 |
[07:27] | Which one are you? | 你是哪位 |
[07:29] | Jill, friend with Richie. | 吉尔 里奇的朋友 |
[07:34] | Can’t remember. | 不记得了 |
[07:35] | It’s okay, nevermind. | 没关系 |
[08:09] | I can go if you want. | 如果你想 我可以离开 |
[08:11] | No. | 不 |
[08:19] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[08:23] | It’s about time. | 是时候走了 |
[08:31] | I left it a bit late. | 我留得有点晚了 |
[08:36] | I was busy. | 我很忙 |
[08:42] | I love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[08:50] | He’s got all sorts of complications, | 他有各种各样的并发症 |
[08:53] | but my main concern is the lymphoma in his chest. | 但我最担心的是他胸部的淋巴瘤 |
[08:56] | We caught it early, but the next thing we do | 我们发现得早 但下一步 |
[09:00] | is to offer chemotherapy, | 需要做化疗 |
[09:01] | but that’s gonna make him even weaker. | 但那会让他更虚弱 |
[09:04] | So you’d say not? | 所以你是说不做 |
[09:05] | It’s his decision, but really let’s be sensible. | 这是他的决定 但我们还是理智一点 |
[09:09] | Let’s say no. | 别做了 |
[09:10] | I’m saying yes. | 我要做 |
[09:11] | I know, but Richie you’ve got to look | 我知道 但是里奇 |
[09:12] | at the overall picture. | 你得从整体上看待问题 |
[09:14] | Could the chemo help? | 化疗有用吗 |
[09:16] | Yes, yes it could. | 是的 有 |
[09:17] | Well, there we are. | 好吧 那不得了 |
[09:18] | But we’re saying the chemo could make you | 但是我们是说化疗会让你 |
[09:21] | feel even worse. | 感觉更糟 |
[09:22] | Then let’s find out. | 那我们就看看到底会怎样 |
[09:24] | I’m not gonna not have treatment, am I? | 我是不会拒绝治疗的 好吗 |
[09:26] | Now, shut up and wheel it in. | 话题到此结束 别再提了 |
[09:28] | Oh, my god, you’re impossible. | 天哪 你不可理喻 |
[09:31] | You two are murderers and I’m going to call the police. | 你们两个是杀人犯 我要报警了 |
[09:34] | Did I tell you he’s an actor? | 我告诉过你他是个演员吗 |
[09:35] | Oh he knows that. | 他知道的 |
[09:36] | He’s got my episode of “Tom’s Midnight Garden” on VHS, | 他在录像机上看过我演的《汤姆的午夜花园》 |
[09:38] | and he pauses it on that bit where I bend over the barrel, | 他在我趴在桶上的时候还按了暂停 |
[09:40] | and he has a little fiddle. | 还自己玩弄了一番 |
[09:41] | Frankly, I look so good in that shot, | 坦白说 那个镜头把我拍得很棒 |
[09:43] | I’d have a wank myself. | 我自己也会来一发的 |
[09:45] | In fact, I have. | 事实上 我真来了一发 |
[09:47] | So go and get my chemo. | 所以我要化疗 |
[09:51] | Oh, here comes trouble. | 麻烦来了 |
[09:56] | How’d it go with the chemo? | 化疗怎么样了 |
[09:57] | Oh, he’s like Asterix the Gaul that boy, indomitable. | 他就像高卢勇士传里的那个男孩 不屈不挠 |
[10:01] | He’s sitting up, he’s had some food. | 他坐起来 吃了点东西 |
[10:02] | Actually, I though I’d pop in and see Paul, is that okay? | 实际上 我想去看看保罗 可以吗 |
[10:04] | Oh yeah, he’s okay. | 行 他没事 |
[10:05] | He’s rallying. | 他精神好多了 |
[10:06] | We’re having a good day. | 我们今天过得很愉快 |
[10:08] | Room 703. | 703房间 |
[10:09] | Yep, I know, thanks. | 是的 我知道 谢谢 |
[10:10] | See ya. | 再见 |
[10:27] | If you’ve come here to convert these people, | 如果你是来让人皈依上帝的 |
[10:29] | I will have you thrown out onto the street. | 那我会把你扔到街上去 |
[10:31] | I swear, that man, Reggie Lessips, | 我发誓 那个人 雷吉·莱西普斯 |
[10:34] | he’s from the church, he asked for me and I came. | 他是教堂的 他找我 我就来了 |
[10:37] | You know he’s queer. | 你知道他是个同性恋 |
[10:38] | I have blessed him. | 我已经保佑过他了 |
[10:40] | I thought you’d gone. | 我以为你已经走了 |
[10:41] | They said you’d gone back to Nigeria. | 他们说你回尼日利亚了 |
[10:43] | I was in the west, | 我去了西部 |
[10:47] | and I saw terrible things. | 看到了可怕的事情 |
[10:49] | Ugh, my heart bleeds. | 我的心在流血 |
[10:50] | I went into hospitals and I saw people, | 我去了医院 看到很多人 |
[10:54] | locked away with no medicines. | 被关起来且没药治疗 |
[10:57] | These doors were locked, and the people behind them | 这些门是锁着的 门后的人 |
[11:00] | were like animals. | 就像动物一样 |
[11:03] | I said, “Who are they?” | 我问 他们是谁 |
[11:04] | And they said, “They are the devils. | 他们说 他们是魔鬼 |
[11:09] | We let them die.” | 我们要处死他们 |
[11:10] | People with that disease. | 处死所有患这种病的人 |
[11:13] | But men and women, so many women, and children too. | 但是有男人还有女人 那么多女人 还有孩子 |
[11:18] | Have you got it? | 你也感染这病了吗 |
[11:21] | What if I did? | 我感染了又怎么样 |
[11:22] | Have you got it, Rosco? | 你到底感染了没有 罗斯科 |
[11:23] | No. Oh God. | 不 天哪 |
[11:25] | I haven’t got it, no. | 我没感染 没有 |
[11:26] | – Thank you, thank you. | 感谢上帝 |
[11:28] | – Don’t thank God. | 不要感谢上帝 |
[11:29] | I just got lucky with who I fucked. | 我只是很幸运 所有跟我上床的人都没事 |
[11:35] | – You know, it is so difficult Rosco. | 你知道吗 这非常难 罗斯科 |
[11:40] | It is the hardest challenge the Lord gives us, | 上帝给我们最艰难的挑战是 |
[11:45] | to forgive. | 原谅他人 |
[11:46] | – I don’t want your forgiveness. | 我不需要你的原谅 |
[11:47] | – No. | 不 |
[11:54] | I mean can you forgive me? | 我的意思是 你能原谅我吗 |
[12:06] | – Do you know who I keep thinking about? | 你知道我一直在想谁吗 |
[12:08] | Donald Basset. | 唐纳德·巴塞特 |
[12:10] | Would we know if he was dead? | 如果他死了我们会知道吗 |
[12:12] | He’d have an obituary in “The Stage” wouldn’t he? | 《舞台报》会刊登他的讣告的 对吗 |
[12:14] | – Might do. | 也许会 |
[12:16] | You don’t know that it was him. | 你不确定一定就是他 |
[12:17] | – Yes, it was. | 就是他 |
[12:18] | – No, but it’s kind of a good story. | 不一定 虽然这个故事还不错 |
[12:20] | He was ill and he infected you, | 他先病了 然后传染了你 |
[12:22] | but that version’s a bit easy. | 但这个版本过于简单了 |
[12:24] | It cuts out the hundreds and hundreds of boys | 它把在此期间你约过的成千上万个男生 |
[12:26] | you were having sex with at the same time. | 都排除在外了 |
[12:27] | – It wasn’t just me. | 又不是我一人这样 |
[12:28] | – No, we all did. | 我们都这样 |
[12:30] | But that’s what I mean. | 这恰恰是我想说的 |
[12:31] | It’s not really fair to blame Donald. | 单单去指责唐纳德并不公平 |
[12:32] | – Just because he’s the only boy | 因为他是你唯一 |
[12:33] | whose name you can remember. | 能记住名字的男生 |
[12:35] | – You cheeky bastard. | 你给我滚开啊 |
[12:37] | – You say what you see. | 在我眼里就是这样 |
[12:39] | – Do you think I infected him? | 你觉得是我传染了他吗 |
[12:42] | – I wasn’t saying that. | 我不是这个意思啊 |
[12:43] | – Because I did, with others, | 因为我的确传染了别人 |
[12:49] | ’cause I knew and I kept having sex. | 在我确诊后我还继续约炮 |
[12:53] | I thought I’d stop, | 我以为我能停下来的 |
[12:55] | and I did a lot of times, I stopped a million times. | 很多次我都喊停了 拒绝了很多很多人 |
[12:59] | I stopped with you. | 我拒绝了你 |
[13:01] | But there were nights with too much booze, | 但是有些晚上酒喝得太多 |
[13:06] | actually, nights when I was stone cold sober, | 其实 有些晚上我甚至很清醒 |
[13:07] | and if a boy just looked at me in the right way, | 如果看到一个男生用那种目光看我 |
[13:12] | a boy with that look in his eye, I’d fuck him. | 他带着这种眼神 我就会干他 |
[13:16] | I would fuck him hard and he could fuck me all night, | 我会狠狠地干他 他也会用任何他喜欢的方式 |
[13:20] | any way he likes. | 干我一整晚 |
[13:23] | I wonder how many I killed? | 我很好奇我杀了多少个人 |
[13:25] | – Don’t say that. | 别这么讲 |
[13:27] | – I knew it was wrong and I kept on doing it. | 我知道这是错的 但我控制不住自己 |
[13:34] | Do you hate me now? | 你们现在恨我吗 |
[13:42] | – There you are, at last. | 终于找到你了 |
[13:45] | Oh my God, what’s wrong with you? | 上帝啊 你出什么事了 |
[13:46] | – It says infectious diseases. | 上面写着传染病 |
[13:48] | What the hell’s that supposed to mean? | 这到底是什么意思 |
[13:49] | – For god’s sake, Richie, what is it? | 看在老天的份儿上 里奇 到底怎么了 |
[13:50] | What’s happened, what’s wrong? | 发生什么了 出什么事了 |
[13:53] | – What are you doing here? | 你们怎么会在这里 |
[13:54] | – We thought, surprise, we turned up, | 我们本想给你个惊喜 |
[13:57] | and then your neighbor, that woman downstairs, | 然后你的楼下的那位女邻居 |
[13:58] | she said you were here. | 告诉我们你在这里 |
[13:59] | – Oh, she would. | 她当然会 |
[14:00] | – What’s wrong, what is it? | 这是怎么回事 |
[14:02] | – Look, it’s really nice to see you, | 见到你们很高兴 |
[14:03] | but I think we should all sit down and have a little chat. | 但是我觉得我们最好坐下来再细谈 |
[14:05] | It’s a bit complicated to explain. | 解释起来有点复杂 |
[14:07] | – Well evidently it’s so complicated, | 显然是很复杂 |
[14:08] | you chose not to tell us anything. | 否则你也不会什么都不告诉我们了 |
[14:09] | Now all I would like – We said to them, | – 我们所需要的 – 我问了他们 |
[14:11] | – is a bit of common sense, – we said, “What was it?” | – 就是一点常识 – 我们问到底是什么病 |
[14:12] | – They said infectious diseases | 他们说是传染病 |
[14:13] | – If that’s not – You tell us, | – 这点要求 – 你要告诉我们 |
[14:14] | – too much to ask. – Richie, you tell me | – 不过分吧 – 里奇 告诉我们 |
[14:15] | – Clive, Clive, Clive. – what’s that mean? | – 克里夫 克里夫啊 – 这是什么意思 |
[14:19] | – Richard, what’s wrong with you? | 理查德 你到底生什么病了 |
[14:21] | – I’ve just got… | 我只是得了 |
[14:25] | – He’s got some infections | 他有些感染 |
[14:27] | and problems with his gut, and his lungs, | 内脏和肺出了点问题 |
[14:31] | and right now there’s a lymphoma in his chest. | 而且他的胸部有个淋巴瘤 |
[14:37] | – A lymphoma? | 一个淋巴瘤 |
[14:39] | – In his chest. | 在他的胸部 |
[14:40] | – But that’s cancer. | 这是癌症吗 |
[14:41] | Don’t be ridiculous, that’s what lymphoma means, | 别傻了 淋巴瘤意味着 |
[14:43] | it means cancer. | 意味着癌症 |
[14:44] | – Sort of, yeah. | 差不多吧 |
[14:47] | – Do you mean? | 你是说 |
[14:49] | You’ve got cancer and you didn’t tell me? | 你得了癌症 却不告诉我们 |
[14:51] | – It’s a sort of cancer. | 只是这种癌症 |
[14:53] | I only got it ’cause I’m not well. | 我是因为身体不好才得的 |
[15:00] | I’ve got AIDS. | 因为我有艾滋病 |
[15:03] | I’m gay. | 我是同性恋 |
[15:04] | I’m homosexual. | 我喜欢男人 |
[15:07] | I contracted HIV, and I’m sorry, but now it’s AIDS. | 我感染了艾滋病毒 对不起 现在发展成了艾滋病 |
[15:20] | – Where’s your doctor? | 你的医生呢 |
[15:21] | – It’s a Saturday. | 今天是周六 |
[15:22] | I don’t think he’s in. | 我觉得他应该不在 |
[15:23] | He’s called Dr. Sullivan, but- | 他苏利文医生 |
[15:24] | – I wanna speak to a doctor. | 我要跟医生说话 |
[15:27] | – Well, I’m quite sure you believe all this | 我知道你现在确信 |
[15:29] | and this whole thing’s got completely out of control. | 整个情况已经无法挽回 |
[15:33] | – We’ll get you better. | 我们会让你好起来的 |
[15:35] | We’ll get you better, all right? | 我们会救你的 好吗 |
[15:39] | We’ll get all the shit, we’ll clean it up. | 我们会把所有脏东西清理干净 |
[15:42] | I will scour it out of you, okay? | 从你体内彻底清除 好吗 |
[15:51] | – You really are very young , all of you. | 你们真的都很年轻 所有人 |
[15:56] | You should see your faces. | 你们应该看看自己的脸 |
[16:00] | We thought Christmas, that’s what we thought. | 我们以为要过圣诞节了 我们原打算 |
[16:03] | He won’t come home for Christmas, | 因为他不回家过节 |
[16:04] | so we’ll surprise him in November. | 我们就11月过来给他个惊喜 |
[16:07] | I’ve brought presents. | 我带来了礼物 |
[16:08] | That’s from Lucy. | 这是露西送你的 |
[16:11] | Ah, that is from Auntie Elaine. | 这是伊莱恩阿姨寄来的 |
[16:16] | What on Earth’s been going on? | 究竟发生了什么事 |
[16:18] | – I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[16:19] | – Have you got cancer or have you got AIDS? | 你到底是得了癌症还是艾滋 |
[16:22] | – It’s both. | 都是 |
[16:23] | – One causes the other. | 一个引发了另一个 |
[16:24] | – Now, I don’t need you- | 我没问你 |
[16:25] | – AIDS is like an immunity thing, so you get weak, | 艾滋是一种免疫系统疾病 它让你变得脆弱 |
[16:29] | and that causes the lymphoma. | 所以引发了淋巴瘤 |
[16:31] | – My friend, Sarah, you remember Sarah, | 我的朋友莎拉 你记得她吧 |
[16:33] | how much did I like her, Richie? | 我可喜欢她了 里奇 |
[16:34] | I thought she was so wonderful, | 我觉得她最棒了 |
[16:36] | and she had breast cancer and she died. | 她得了乳腺癌 后来去世了 |
[16:40] | Are you telling me that she was weak, | 你是在说她很脆弱吗 |
[16:43] | that you get cancer because you’re weak, | 你得了癌症是因为你很脆弱 |
[16:45] | that you catch cancer like catching a cold? | 得癌症就跟得感冒一样简单吗 |
[16:47] | Because let me tell you that is not how it works. | 因为我告诉你 并不是这样的 |
[16:49] | – Okay, look, I know this is terrible, | 好了 我知道这很难受 |
[16:52] | but really this place is looking after Richie, | 里奇在这里被照顾得很好 |
[16:55] | and they’re doing the most brilliant job. | 他们工作非常专业出色 |
[16:57] | Jill’s here every day, | 吉尔每天都在这里 |
[16:58] | and I know we’ve only met a couple of times, | 我知道我们只见过几次面 |
[17:00] | but you might as well know I’m Richie’s boyfriend. | 但你应该知道我是里奇的男朋友 |
[17:02] | – Well, no not really. | 其实 并不是 |
[17:04] | – Well, I’m not not. | 不是我还能是谁 |
[17:05] | – I know, but not now. | 我知道 不过先别提了 |
[17:07] | – No, but that’s who I am. | 可我就是啊 |
[17:07] | – Ash, just shut up, yeah? | 阿什 先闭嘴 好吗 |
[17:09] | – It’s not the right time. | 现在不是说这事的时候 |
[17:10] | – If you could hear yourselves, you sound absurd. | 好好听听你们自己的话吧 一派胡言 |
[17:14] | But it’s infectious isn’t it, AIDS? | 但是艾滋病是传染病啊 |
[17:17] | It’s completely infectious. | 它是百分之百的传染病 |
[17:19] | It’s like smallpox, it’s like leprosy, | 就跟天花 麻风病一样 |
[17:21] | and it kills you, that’s what it does. | 只要染上了就会死的 |
[17:23] | So this isn’t AIDS, is it? | 所以这并不是艾滋病 对吗 |
[17:26] | They let us walk right in, so it can’t be, can it? | 他们让我们直接进来了 所以并不是 对吗 |
[17:37] | – If you could wait five or 10 minutes, | 您可以稍等五到十分钟吗 |
[17:39] | I’ll have a word with the registrar. | 我跟主治医师说一下 |
[17:41] | – I want to speak to someone – Yes, if you can wait | – 我要跟医生说话 – 能稍等 |
[17:42] | – who knows my son – five or 10 minutes | – 认识我儿子的医生 – 5到10分钟 |
[17:43] | – who has seen him. | 医治他的人 |
[17:44] | – Dr. Lucas knows Richie very well. | 卢卡斯医生很了解里奇的情况 |
[17:46] | – We were told Dr. Sullivan. | 我们要找苏利文医生 |
[17:48] | – He’s not on today, but Richie’s got quite | 他今天不上班 但是治疗里奇的医生 |
[17:50] | a number of doctors. | 有好几位 |
[17:51] | I don’t know how much he’s told you, | 我不知道他有没有告诉你 |
[17:53] | but Richie’s got all sorts – And you never phone | – 里奇出现了 – 你有通知过 |
[17:54] | of different conditions. – the parents? | – 多种并发症 – 他的父母吗 |
[17:55] | My son is on this ward and you don’t phone me. | 我儿子住在你们这里 你却不给我打电话 |
[17:58] | – That’s not our decision. | 我们不能决定通知谁 |
[17:59] | – My son is in that room with cancer and AIDS, | 我儿子在那间的病房 他得了癌症和艾滋 |
[18:04] | and has got, what did she say? | 还得了什么 她说什么来着 |
[18:06] | She say he’s got something wrong with his gut? | 她说他的内脏还出现了问题 |
[18:07] | And you, you didn’t think to phone. | 而你呢 从没想过通知家人 |
[18:11] | We are not here. | 我们完全不知情 |
[18:12] | His parents are clearly not here, | 他的父母明显不在这里 |
[18:14] | and you think that’s wise, do you? | 你认为你做得对吗 对吗 |
[18:17] | Like we aren’t good for his health at all. | 难道我们对他的康复毫无用处 |
[18:20] | Is that right? | 你是这么想的吗 |
[18:22] | – I’m afraid that’s up to Richie. | 恐怕这得由里奇来决定 |
[18:24] | – His doctor is Dr. Sullivan. | 他的主治医师是苏利文医生 |
[18:27] | Now you get him, get him, get him. | 把他叫过来 叫过来 叫过来 |
[18:33] | – Hi, it that Suzie? | 喂 请问是苏西吗 |
[18:35] | It’s Lorraine. | 我是洛林 |
[18:36] | There’s a situation here. | 这里出了点状况 |
[19:04] | – I want a word with you. | 你给我过来 |
[19:06] | – Yes, I think we should. | 我觉得我们是要谈谈 |
[19:07] | There’s a little sort of kitchen down here. | 那边有个厨房 |
[19:09] | They’ve got a room for families, | 是为家属们准备的 |
[19:10] | but there’s someone in there. | 不过会有其他人进来 |
[19:11] | – Oh, okay. | 可以 |
[19:13] | – Right, how’s Lucy? | 好的 露西还好吗 |
[19:21] | I’m really very sorry. | 我真的非常非常抱歉 |
[19:26] | Do you want a tea or a coffee? | 你要喝茶吗 还是咖啡 |
[19:28] | – No, I don’t want anything. | 不用 我什么都不喝 |
[19:29] | – I can put the kettle on. – I said no. | – 我可以烧壶水 – 我说了不喝 |
[19:38] | – I wanna say, and I’m not criticizing Richie, | 我想说的是 我并不怪里奇 |
[19:40] | I just think you should know, | 我觉得你应该知道 |
[19:41] | I told him to tell you 100 times. | 我劝过他跟你坦白 劝过一百遍了 |
[19:44] | – See what you don’t understand is this. | 你不明白的是 |
[19:48] | Boys are terrible, Jill. | 男孩是最糟糕的那群 吉尔 |
[19:51] | They will do anything. | 他们会做任何事 |
[19:54] | They are randy, they just are. | 他们都是好色之徒 这是本性 |
[19:58] | So when something like gay comes along, | 所以当出现一个同性恋的时候 |
[20:00] | it’s just another chance to unload. | 对他们来说只是多一个泄欲的机会 |
[20:05] | And someone like Richie, he’s young and he’s pretty | 像里奇这样的人 又年轻又漂亮 |
[20:08] | and there’ll be lots of those men paying him attention | 会得到很多这种人的关注 |
[20:10] | and so he goes | 所以他会 |
[20:13] | rutting once in a while. | 时不时地放纵一下 |
[20:16] | But that doesn’t make him homosexual. | 这并不意味他是同性恋 |
[20:19] | It’s a little bit of fun, but then you grow up. | 只是找找乐子而已 但你终究会长大 |
[20:26] | – I suppose I don’t know, maybe some boys are like that. | 嗯 我觉得你说的这种人确实存在 |
[20:30] | But then there’s Richie, who’s gay, | 但里奇不是其中之一 他是同性恋 |
[20:33] | absolutely definitely gay. | 他是毫无疑问的同性恋 |
[20:36] | He’s beautifully gay . | 他是个完美的同性恋 |
[20:38] | I’m sorry, but look at him. | 抱歉这样讲 但你看看他 |
[20:40] | I mean he’s an actor, he sings songs from the musicals, | 你看啊 他是一名演员 他在音乐剧里载歌载舞 |
[20:43] | he’s never had a girlfriend. | 他从没交过女朋友 |
[20:49] | – And now he’s got a gay disease. | 现在他得还了这种同性恋的病 |
[20:55] | – Yes, yes he has. | 对 他确实是 |
[21:01] | – Oh gosh. | 我的天哪 |
[21:05] | – I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[21:14] | – Don’t mind me. | 当我不在啊 |
[21:15] | – We’re just having a chat. | 我们只是在聊天 |
[21:16] | – I’m getting some squash, two ticks. | 我只是来拿点土豆泥 两秒钟就走 |
[21:18] | – Oh, this is a private conversation. | 这是一个很私人的谈话 |
[21:21] | – That’s all right. | 马上就好 |
[21:22] | – How is he? | 他怎么样了 |
[21:24] | – Sleeping. | 睡着了 |
[21:26] | – Sandra’s got a son, Derek, down the corridor. | 桑德拉的儿子德雷克也在我们这层 |
[21:28] | This is Valerie. | 这是瓦莱丽 |
[21:29] | – I’ll be gone in a minute. | 我马上就走 |
[21:35] | – Do you think I should have known? | 你觉得我应该早有所察觉吗 |
[21:39] | – Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[21:43] | – It’s like there’s this world of secret little codes. | 这个好像是一个充满着隐秘的密码的世界 |
[21:50] | And they like that, boys, they like secrets. | 他们就喜欢这样 男孩们就喜欢保守秘密 |
[21:55] | – Who’s this? | 你说的是谁 |
[21:58] | – It’s my son, Richie. | 是我儿子 里奇 |
[22:00] | – You didn’t know Richie was gay? | 你不知道里奇是同性恋吗 |
[22:03] | Jill, did you see that charity thing? | 吉尔 你看到那个慈善活动了没 |
[22:05] | Canceled, little bloody idiots, | 被取消了 一群该死的小白痴 |
[22:07] | they couldn’t get the hours extended she said. | 她们说他们没法延长开放时间 |
[22:09] | – Are you implying that’s a problem? | 你是在暗示我有什么问题吗 |
[22:10] | – I think they’re just gonna move it to the pub next door. | 我觉得他们会搬到隔壁酒吧吧 |
[22:12] | Shall we go back to Richie? | 我们去看看里奇吧 |
[22:13] | – No, excuse me, what do you mean? | 不 你刚才的话是什么意思 |
[22:16] | – What about? | 什么话 |
[22:17] | – Well you seemed to be surprised | 你好像对我不知道自己儿子的事情 |
[22:18] | that I didn’t know about my son, | 很吃惊一样 |
[22:20] | like that makes me one of your idiots. | 你觉得我也是你口中的白痴吗 |
[22:23] | – Okay, we should leave this. | 我们还是走吧 |
[22:24] | – That’s not what I said. | 我没这么说啊 |
[22:25] | – You implied it. | 但你是这么暗示的 |
[22:27] | – Oh well, I didn’t mean to imply anything, darling. | 我没想暗示任何事 亲爱的 |
[22:30] | Pardon me for implying. | 如果你觉得我在暗示什么 |
[22:32] | Let me make it clear. | 那让我说得直白一点吧 |
[22:33] | What the hell were you lookin’ at? | 你到底是怎么为人父母的 |
[22:36] | – I beg your pardon? | 你什么意思 |
[22:37] | – If you didn’t know he was gay all those years, | 如果这么多年来你都没发现他是同性恋 |
[22:40] | what did you see when he was 11, when he was 15, 16? | 那他十一岁时你注意到什么了 十五六岁的时候呢 |
[22:45] | How old is he, 30? | 他现在多大了 30岁吗 |
[22:46] | All 30 years and every little speck of him’s | 三十年来他的一举一动 |
[22:50] | bent as a nine bob note since the day he was born. | 从他出生之日起就弯得像个高音符号 |
[22:53] | I’ll ask you again, love, what were you lookin’ at? | 让我再问你一遍 亲爱的 你是怎么为人父母的 |
[22:57] | You’re his mother. | 你是他的母亲 |
[22:59] | You’re supposed to think about him day and night. | 你应该日日夜夜都想着他 |
[23:01] | So what the fuck were you doin’? | 所以你究竟都做了什么 |
[23:05] | – How dare you. | 你好大的胆子 |
[23:08] | – Get the door. | 开门 |
[23:11] | – I didn’t know. | 我不知道 |
[23:13] | It’s ’cause I was being lied to. | 是因为他一直都在骗我 |
[23:15] | – All right sweetheart, I’m done. | 行了 亲爱的我要走了 |
[23:18] | – I wasn’t, I didn’t… | 我没能 我不是 |
[23:31] | Have I got this right? | 原来是这样的啊 |
[23:35] | I’m being blamed for not knowing my son, | 我因为不了解我的儿子受到指责 |
[23:39] | when you conspired | 是因为你合谋了这一切 |
[23:42] | and moved heaven and earth to lie to me. | 对我撒下弥天大谎 |
[23:45] | – I wasn’t lying. | 我没撒谎 |
[23:46] | – You sat there next to him, in my house, | 在我家 你跟他坐在一起 |
[23:49] | time after time after time | 一次又一次地 |
[23:51] | with this great big elaborate lie. | 用这个精心编造的谎言欺骗我 |
[23:56] | – I told you, I said every time, | 我告诉过你了 我每一次都强调 |
[23:57] | I told you I wasn’t his girlfriend. | 我不是他的女朋友 |
[23:58] | – And then you sat there simpering, | 可你还坐在那里傻笑 |
[24:00] | laughing at every word he said, | 被他说的每一句话逗笑 |
[24:03] | and you think I’m the one who’s deceived. | 你觉得我被骗了 |
[24:06] | Never mind about him having a boyfriend. | 先别管他有没有男朋友 |
[24:07] | Where the bloody hell is yours? | 我问你 你有男朋友吗 |
[24:09] | – I was doing what Richie wanted. | 我只是做了里奇想让我做的事 |
[24:10] | – Is this what you are, a chorus girl, | 你就是这种人 这种合唱团女孩 |
[24:13] | running round after these boys with no life of your own? | 到处去追逐男生 没有自己的生活 |
[24:15] | – Okay, but I don’t really think this is about me. | 可我觉得这真不是我的原因 |
[24:17] | – But I think this is absolutely about you. | 我觉得就是你的原因 |
[24:20] | Because you stood in the way, you stood in the way. | 因为你蒙蔽了我的双眼 |
[24:25] | If I couldn’t see it, it’s because you stood in the way, | 我察觉不到是因为你蒙蔽了我的双眼 |
[24:30] | you monstrous | 你这个怪物 |
[24:33] | big bitch. | 大贱人 |
[24:43] | Have you found him yet? | 你找到他了吗 |
[24:44] | – No, but I’m phoning round. | 没有 不过我一直在打电话 |
[24:47] | – What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[24:49] | – Lorraine Fletcher. | 洛林·弗莱彻 |
[24:50] | – Noted. | 知道了 |
[24:52] | Where’s my husband? | 我丈夫在哪 |
[24:53] | – That’s what I wanted to say. | 我正想告诉你 |
[24:55] | He’s in the TV lounge down there. | 他在那边的电视休息室 |
[24:57] | – Down where? – Down there. | – 哪边 – 就那边 |
[25:10] | – Well, what’s the point of this? | 哭有什么用呢 |
[25:14] | – He’s dying. | 他要死了 |
[25:16] | – For God’s sake, is that supposed to help? | 上帝啊 光这么想能解决问题吗 |
[25:20] | – There’s no cure, Val. | 这病无药可治 瓦莱丽 |
[25:23] | – That’s what they say. | 那是他们的看法 |
[25:25] | That’s what those queers | 那些基佬 |
[25:28] | and those women and their doctors all say, | 那种女人们 还有他们的医生 |
[25:31] | because they all do and they say | 他们都是这样 |
[25:32] | and they think the same things. | 所以他们看法一致 |
[25:34] | They all worship the same rubbish. | 因为他们都崇拜同样的垃圾 |
[25:36] | Now you, you stop it, stop it, stop it. | 你不许这么想 不许 不许 |
[25:54] | I don’t want you coming in here. | 你们谁都不能进来 |
[25:57] | This is private. | 这是私人空间 |
[26:04] | – I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[26:06] | I really sorry. | 真的对不起 |
[26:11] | – I want to know, are you infectious? | 我想知道 你会传染吗 |
[26:15] | – Well I could be, yes. | 我是会传染的 |
[26:19] | – I know it’s caught from sex. | 我知道这是通过性交传染的 |
[26:20] | – Oh don’t, Mom. | 别这样 妈妈 |
[26:22] | – But how, how do you catch? | 但是你是怎么染上的 |
[26:24] | – It’s fluids, like blood and you know, | 是通过体液 比如说血液之类 |
[26:29] | oh don’t do this to me. | 别问下去了 |
[26:33] | – And spit, is it in your spit? | 那唾液呢 会在你的唾液里吗 |
[26:37] | – No one really knows . | 没有人能确定 |
[26:43] | – You’re not infectious, | 你不传染 |
[26:47] | not to me. | 对我来说不会 |
[26:56] | My boy, oh my boy. | 我的孩子 |
[27:01] | My boy. | 我的孩子啊 |
[27:04] | – I’m sorry, Mom. | 对不起 妈妈 |
[27:05] | – Oh, you silly thing. | 你这个傻孩子 |
[27:10] | – I wanted to tell you. | 我想过要告诉你的 |
[27:11] | – Oh, I know sweetheart. | 我知道 宝贝 |
[27:13] | You are going to be fine. | 你会没事的 |
[27:15] | I’m gonna take you home and I can make you better. | 我会带你回家 我会让你好起来 |
[27:25] | – Your grandmother bought me a copy of this. | 你奶奶给我买了一本这个 |
[27:27] | Do you remember, she had that great big bookcase? | 你还记得吗 她有一个超大的书架 |
[27:33] | – No, no, no, no. | 别别别 |
[27:38] | – Hi, it’s only me. | 嗨 又是我 |
[27:39] | How is he? | 他还好吗 |
[27:40] | – Not bad, thank you. | 还不错 谢了 |
[27:42] | He’s okay. | 他还好 |
[27:43] | – Can I talk to him? | 我能跟他通话吗 |
[27:45] | – He’s fast asleep. | 他已经睡着了 |
[27:47] | – What does the consultant say? | 那咨询师是怎么说的 |
[27:49] | – Well, I’m afraid he was shocked | 我得说他很震惊 |
[27:51] | that a boy in Richie’s condition | 像里奇这样的孩子 |
[27:52] | could be given chemotherapy. | 竟然要接受化疗 |
[27:54] | – That was his choice. | 那是里奇自己的选择 |
[27:55] | – So now it’s his fault? | 所以这倒成他的错了 |
[27:57] | – Okay, we thought we could get the ferry. | 是这样 我们可以搭乘轮渡过去 |
[28:01] | We’d love to see him. | 我们很想见见他 |
[28:02] | – I think it’s best to wait. | 我觉得最好还是等等 |
[28:05] | – We could just pop in for 10 minutes, that’s all. | 我们可以就呆10分钟 然后走 |
[28:07] | – I would remind you that you had an awful lot of time | 我得提醒你 你以前跟他呆过那么长时间 |
[28:10] | with him when I didn’t. | 而我没有 |
[28:13] | I’ll tell him you called. | 我会告诉他你打过电话 |
[28:14] | Thank you, bye bye. | 谢了 再见 |
[28:18] | – Oh, Jesus Christ. | 天 气死我了 |
[28:22] | – I’m reading him “Watership Down,” but I’m rubbish. | 我在给他读《兔子共和国》 但我太烂了 |
[28:25] | I can’t do all the voices. | 我没法模仿所有的声音 |
[28:28] | I said to him there’s only one actor in this family. | 我跟他咱们家只能出他一个演员了 |
[28:31] | Do you remember that “Hay Fever?” | 你还记得《花粉热》那部剧吗 |
[28:33] | – Oh, it was brilliant. | 非常精彩 |
[28:36] | You were so good in that. | 你演得特别好 |
[28:40] | I bought you some Garibaldi, | 我还买了些夹心派呢 |
[28:41] | ’cause I thought if you get hungry there’s fruit in them. | 因为我觉得要是你饿了 还能吃里面的水果 |
[28:43] | – Bit dry. | 有点太干了 |
[28:45] | I’ve still got that thrush. | 我的嘴里还有溃疡 |
[28:48] | Who was that on the phone? | 谁打的电话 |
[28:49] | – Jill, she sends her love. | 吉尔 她让我问候你 |
[28:52] | – Is she gonna come visit? | 她会来看我吗 |
[28:53] | – She says she’s very busy with work. | 她说她工作很忙 |
[28:57] | You can have a bit of TV. | 你可以看会儿电视啊 |
[29:04] | – I’ll nip down the pub. | 我去酒馆晃一下 |
[29:05] | – Oh yes, I thought you would. | 我就知道你要去 |
[29:07] | – I’m allowed a drink. | 我喝杯酒怎么了 |
[29:08] | – Did I say you couldn’t? | 我说你不能喝了吗 |
[29:09] | – Thank you for the permission. | 谢谢你的批准 |
[29:16] | – Now, I was thinking how much you used to love this. | 我在想啊 你以前多喜欢这个啊 |
[29:22] | Do you remember? | 你还记得吗 |
[29:23] | – It’s okay, just sit down. | 不用了 坐下来吧 |
[29:24] | – You were 5-years-old, and you’d dance around | 你那时才5岁 蹦来跳去的 |
[29:27] | because it was so funny, | 非常好玩 |
[29:28] | and you’d be a little mouse . | 你开心得像个小老鼠 |
[29:31] | Oh, do you remember? | 对了 你记得吗 |
[29:33] | And you loved the bit where it says how lucky we am. | 你最喜欢 偶们多么幸运那部分了 |
[29:47] | – Do you remember | 你还记得不 |
[29:49] | because it changes the rhyme to rhyme with Amsterdam? | 因为它把我们的我改成了偶像的偶 |
[29:56] | – How lucky we am. | 偶们多么幸运 |
[30:00] | – Don’t you think? | 你不觉得吗 |
[30:03] | – How lucky we am. | 偶们多么幸运 |
[30:09] | – I’m a little late, sorry. | 我迟到了 抱歉 |
[30:11] | Stopped off for supplies, | 来的路上去买了点口粮 |
[30:13] | although this is far too good for you lot. | 不过这对你们来说已经是上乘货了 |
[30:15] | Hello darling. | 你好 亲爱的 |
[30:16] | – Nice to see you. | 见到你很高兴 |
[30:16] | – You all right? – Yes. | – 你还好吗 – 还好 |
[30:18] | – No, no, I’m not stopping if you don’t mind. | 不用了 我不会久留 希望你们不会介意 |
[30:22] | What’s news from the Rialto? | 里阿图那边有什么消息吗 |
[30:24] | – We spoke to that solicitor. | 我们跟那个律师谈过了 |
[30:25] | He said technically Richie’s mom and dad | 他说 理论上来说里奇的父母 |
[30:27] | could be breaking the law. | 可能违反了法律 |
[30:28] | – He said that here’s evidence that Richie could be unsafe. | 他说有证据表明里奇处于不安全的状态 |
[30:30] | He said that medical care is definitely | 他说怀特岛的医疗条件 |
[30:32] | going to be worse on the Isle of Wight. | 绝对比这里差 |
[30:33] | – But so what? | 但是怎么办呢 |
[30:34] | I mean what are we gonna do, take them to court? | 我们能做什么 去起诉他们吗 |
[30:35] | – I would. | 我反正会 |
[30:36] | Fuck them, do it. | 去他的 咱们起诉吧 |
[30:37] | – But the solicitor said that Richie said yes, | 但律师又说里奇同意了 |
[30:39] | that’s the problem. | 这就是问题所在 |
[30:40] | – Right, so I’ve done my sums, | 行吧 我算过了 |
[30:42] | and I’ve worked out that Richie did that voiceover | 我发现里奇给那部 |
[30:45] | for that Japanese cartoon. | 日本动画片配过音 |
[30:47] | I guess that sort of thing is repeated | 而且在这过去五六年里 |
[30:49] | for at least five or six years, | 一直在重复 |
[30:51] | which amounts to £700, minus my 10%. | 所以减去我的百分之十 总计有700磅 |
[30:54] | You should have this as an advance. | 你们该把这收下 作为备用金 |
[30:57] | What for? | 用作何用 |
[30:58] | Well to go there, to the Isle of Wight, | 去那的资金 去怀特岛 |
[31:00] | just move there properly for as long as it takes. | 彻底搬到那里去 该待多久待多久 |
[31:03] | That should get you a couple of rooms in a nice little B&B | 这些钱够你们在不错的民宿里租几个房间了 |
[31:06] | or whatever they have on the Isle of Wight. | 或者怀特岛上其他什么能住的地方 |
[31:09] | Just go, lay siege on the doorstep till they give in. | 直接去 包围门口直到他们让步 |
[31:13] | I can’t go, I’ve got to work. | 我不能去 我还有工作 |
[31:15] | Well, I’m all right. | 我都行 |
[31:16] | If we take the car, we could get Richie out the house | 如果我们开上车 就能把里奇从房子里弄出来 |
[31:18] | and drive him back. | 再开车带他回来 |
[31:19] | No, I wasn’t thinking of a rescue. | 不行 我不是说要来一场援救行动 |
[31:21] | But we could. | 但我们可以啊 |
[31:22] | You’re goin’ there for one reason, | 你们去那只为一个目的 |
[31:23] | and that’s to say goodbye, because this only ends one way. | 就是去道别 因为这件事只会有一种结局 |
[31:27] | No, but he was ill last July and then he got better. | 不会的 他去年七月就病了之后病情有过好转 |
[31:30] | And one day he won’t. | 总有一天他会每况愈下 |
[31:32] | I’m sorry darling, but that is an absolute fact. | 对不起亲爱的 这已是定局 |
[31:36] | So take the money and fly. | 所以收下钱快快去吧 |
[31:39] | Listen, I’ve gotta go. | 听着 我得走了 |
[31:41] | If there’s any money left, I’ll have it. | 如果还有剩下的钱 我就要收走了 |
[31:43] | Good luck. | 加油 |
[31:48] | Give him my love. | 转达我对他的爱 |
[32:04] | That’s five nights upfront, but we might be longer. | 这是住五晚的定金 但我们可能会待得更久 |
[32:06] | Is that a problem? | 有问题吗 |
[32:06] | That’s fine for the next three weeks, | 近三个星期都可以 |
[32:08] | but soon as we hit Christmas, we’ve got bookings. | 但到圣诞节就有提前预定的了 |
[32:10] | I’ll let you know as soon as we can. | 我会尽早告知您的 |
[32:12] | Have you got a telephone? | 您这边有电话吗 |
[32:13] | It’s called the Bay Tree House on the seafront. | 我们住在面海的月桂树旅馆里 |
[32:15] | It’s just a 20 minute drive from your house. | 离你家只有二十分钟的车程 |
[32:17] | What on earth have you done that for? | 你们到底是来干什么的 |
[32:19] | I told you, I said clearly he’s not well enough. | 我明确告诉过你他的状况还不够好 |
[32:23] | That’s okay, we can wait. | 没事的 我们能等 |
[32:24] | We’re here for as long as it takes. | 需要多久我们就会留多久 |
[32:27] | You know what I don’t understand, | 我不太明白 |
[32:28] | am I supposed to find this intimidating? | 我应该把这当作威胁吗 |
[32:30] | Valerie, we’re not causing trouble, | 瓦莱丽 我们不是来惹麻烦的 |
[32:32] | we’re just here, and we love him. | 我们来是因为我们爱他 |
[32:34] | It’s as simple as that. | 就是这么简单 |
[32:35] | If you ever want the afternoon off | 如果你什么时候想要休息一下午 |
[32:36] | or just an hour to yourself, we can come. | 或者独处一小时 我们可以来 |
[32:39] | Are you saying I can’t cope? | 你是觉得我应付不过来吗 |
[32:41] | I’m just saying here we are, | 我只是说我们在这里而已 |
[32:44] | and I will phone every day until he’s ready, okay? | 而且我每天都会打电话 直到他准备好了 好吗 |
[32:47] | Lots of love. | 爱你们 |
[32:50] | Okay, well I’ll try you again tomorrow. | 好吧 我们会明天再打来电话 |
[32:52] | Give him my love, bye. | 请转达我对他的爱 再见 |
[32:54] | Okay, well give him my love, tell him I said, “Hello.” | 好吧 转达我对他的爱 告诉他我打过招呼 |
[32:57] | Thanks Valerie, bye. | 谢谢瓦莱丽 再见 |
[33:01] | Just tell him we’d really love to see him, | 告诉他我们真的很想见他 |
[33:02] | and we’re waiting, okay. | 而且我们在等他 好吗 |
[33:07] | Let’s say another five nights. | 再续五天 |
[33:10] | I really wanna see him, | 我真的很想见他 |
[33:11] | and I think if you ask him I bet he’ll say the same. | 如果你问他我敢打赌他一定也想见我 |
[33:14] | Will you try? | 你能问问吗 |
[33:30] | So Dr. Clare said if we can reduce the Phenytoin, | 克莱尔医生说如果我们能减少苯妥英的药量 |
[33:33] | then well that’s one less pill, and that’s got to be good. | 那么就又少了一片药 这一定是件好事啊 |
[33:38] | Now I remember when your granddad was in hospital, | 我想起来当你祖父住院的时候 |
[33:41] | he said, “If only they’d stop giving me medicine, | 他说 只要他们不让我吃药了 |
[33:44] | I’d be fine.” | 我就没事了 |
[33:46] | You remember him? | 你还记得他吗 |
[33:48] | Yeah. | 记得 |
[33:50] | He was a terrible man. | 他是个很糟糕的人 |
[33:54] | What do people know? | 大家都知道了吗 |
[33:56] | In what way? | 哪方面 |
[33:58] | The neighbors, Auntie Kat? | 邻居们 凯特姑妈 |
[34:01] | Do they know what’s wrong with me? | 他们知道我生什么病了吗 |
[34:02] | It’s none of their business. | 不关他们的事 |
[34:05] | I don’t wanna be a secret. | 我不想被隐藏起来 |
[34:06] | Now, you just think about getting better. | 现在 你只要把身体养好就行 |
[34:09] | Boys die in London, | 男孩们在伦敦死去 |
[34:13] | and they say it’s cancer or pneumonia, | 大家都说是因为癌症或者肺炎 |
[34:17] | and they don’t say what it really is. | 他们闭口不提真正的死因 |
[34:19] | Look, maybe we should think about tea. | 也许我们该喝点什么茶 |
[34:21] | They just lie and I don’t want that. | 他们撒谎 而我不愿意 |
[34:25] | Do you know why? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[34:30] | I had so much fun . | 因为我曾那么快乐 |
[34:35] | I had all those boys. | 我与那么多男人交往过 |
[34:38] | I had hundreds of them. | 有几百人 |
[34:39] | Oh Richie, don’t talk like that. | 里奇 不要这样说 |
[34:41] | And do you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[34:41] | I can remember every single one of them. | 我记得他们中的每一个人 |
[34:44] | Some boy’s hair or his lips, | 他的头发和他的嘴唇 |
[34:47] | the way he laughed at a joke, | 他为我的笑话开怀大笑 |
[34:50] | his bedroom, the stairs, | 他的卧室 那些台阶 |
[34:55] | his photographs, | 他的照片 |
[34:57] | his face as he cums. | 高潮来临时他的面孔 |
[35:01] | Seeing him across the club six years later and thinking, | 六年后看见他穿过俱乐部 我想 |
[35:04] | oh, that’s him, | 那不就是他吗 |
[35:08] | and he’s with someone and he looks happy. | 他和别人在一起了而且他看起来很开心 |
[35:13] | And I think, oh that’s nice, | 所以我想 真不错 |
[35:17] | ’cause they were great. | 因为他们都很棒 |
[35:20] | Some of them are bastards, but they were all great. | 有些人很混账 但他们都很棒 |
[35:26] | That’s what people will forget, that it was so much fun. | 人们会忘记这些 那么多的欢愉 |
[35:43] | Do you understand what I mean? | 你懂我什么意思吗 |
[35:47] | No. | 不懂 |
[35:56] | That’s why I need to see Jill. | 所以我想见见吉尔 |
[36:10] | Will you get her for me, please? | 请帮我把她找来 好吗 |
[36:36] | Hi, I got your message. | 我收到你的消息了 |
[36:39] | It wasn’t so cold at the time. | 当时还没这么冷 |
[36:41] | I should have said let’s meet in that cafe. | 我们应该在咖啡馆见面的 |
[36:44] | Well, we can go there. | 我们也可以去那里啊 |
[36:51] | He said he wanted to see you, so here I am. | 他说他想见你 所以我来了 |
[36:57] | I should apologize really. | 我真该道歉 |
[36:59] | I haven’t handled this very well, | 我没有处理好这件事 |
[37:01] | I realize that now, and I’m sorry. | 现在我明白了 对不起 |
[37:04] | No, I’m sorry too. | 不 我也有问题 |
[37:07] | It was a bit mad turning up like that. | 就这样出现是有些过分 |
[37:09] | I just didn’t know what else to do. | 我只是没有其他选择了 |
[37:11] | You made things very difficult. | 你让事情变得很棘手 |
[37:13] | Okay, and I’m sorry, | 好吧 对不起 |
[37:16] | but all we wanna do is see him and say hello | 但我们只是想见见他 问候一下 |
[37:19] | and give him our love. | 表达对他的关怀 |
[37:22] | He died yesterday, | 他昨天去世了 |
[37:26] | yesterday afternoon. | 昨天下午 |
[38:21] | Yesterday? | 昨天 |
[38:26] | They said it was his heart, pressure from the lymphoma. | 他们说是因为他的心脏 受到淋巴瘤的压迫 |
[38:30] | No pain they said, before you start, so it wasn’t my fault. | 他未曾受苦 别先指责我 这不是我的错 |
[38:35] | Would have happened wherever he was. | 他无论在哪儿都难逃一死 |
[38:41] | Did he say anything? | 他有什么遗言吗 |
[38:44] | Not really. | 没什么 |
[38:46] | But what was the last thing he said? | 他最后说了什么 |
[38:49] | He asked for some water. | 他想喝些水 |
[38:53] | Yesterday. | 就在昨天 |
[38:54] | You didn’t think, we were sitting in the B&B. | 你没想过我们就住在附近的民宿吗 |
[38:57] | You couldn’t tell us last night? | 你昨天晚上为什么不告诉我们 |
[38:58] | My son had died, you weren’t top of my list. | 我的儿子刚刚过世 你们不是我的当务之急 |
[39:04] | But, I really did get this wrong, | 但是 是我没处理好 |
[39:12] | and I’m sorry about that. | 我很抱歉 |
[39:18] | No, it might be nice if we found that café. | 要是我们能找到那家咖啡馆就好了 |
[39:24] | There’s so much I want to ask. | 我有很多事想问 |
[39:28] | All those years in London, there must be a thousand stories. | 他在伦敦待了这么多年 一定发生了很多事 |
[39:35] | Were you with him, yesterday? | 你在他身边吗 昨天 |
[39:38] | Were you there at the end? | 你陪他直至生命尽头吗 |
[39:39] | No, I’d gone downstairs. | 没有 我到楼下去了 |
[39:41] | He was on his own? | 他独自死去的吗 |
[39:42] | – Yes. – There was no one with him. | – 是的 – 没有人陪着他 |
[39:44] | That’s not my fault. | 这不是我的错 |
[39:46] | Actually it is your fault, Mrs. Tozer. | 事实上这就是你的错 托泽夫人 |
[39:52] | All of this is your fault. | 全都是你的错 |
[39:55] | Well thank you very much. | 谢谢你啊 |
[39:58] | That’s ridiculous. | 一派胡言 |
[40:00] | But it is, right from the start, | 就是你的错 一开始就是 |
[40:03] | ’cause I don’t know what happened to you | 我不知道你经历了什么 |
[40:06] | to make that house so loveless. | 非要把房子搞得那么无爱 |
[40:11] | But that’s why Richie grew up so ashamed of himself. | 因此里奇从小就为自己感到羞耻 |
[40:14] | I think we’re finished. | 我们的谈话结束了 |
[40:17] | And then he killed people. | 然后他开始杀人 |
[40:20] | And what is that supposed to mean? | 你什么意思 |
[40:21] | He was ashamed, and he kept on being ashamed. | 他感到羞耻 这种感觉一直萦绕着他 |
[40:24] | He kept the shame going by having sex with men, | 和男人上床一直使他感到羞耻 |
[40:29] | and infecting them and then running away. | 他把他们也感染了 然后逃走 |
[40:32] | ‘Cause that’s what shame does, Valerie. | 这就是羞耻感的威力 瓦莱丽 |
[40:34] | It makes him think he deserves it. | 它让他觉得他活该去死 |
[40:37] | The wards are full of men who think they deserve it. | 那间病房全是觉得自己活该去死的男人 |
[40:41] | They are dying, and a little bit of them thinks, | 他们奄奄一息 只有很小一部分人觉得 |
[40:46] | yes, this is right. | 对 这是对的 |
[40:50] | I brought this on myself. | 这是我自找的 |
[40:51] | It’s my fault because the sex that I love is killing me. | 这是我的错 因为我的性取向导致了我的死亡 |
[40:56] | I mean it’s astonishing. | 很让人震惊 |
[40:59] | The perfect virus came along to prove you right. | 正好有一种病毒出现来证明你是对的 |
[41:04] | So that’s what happened in your house. | 这就是在你家中发生了的事 |
[41:07] | He died because of you. | 他因你而死 |
[41:09] | They all die because of you. | 他们都是因你而死 |
[41:19] | I didn’t know. | 我并不知情啊 |
[42:42] | Merry Christmas . | 圣诞快乐 |
[42:49] | Jill. | 吉尔 |
[43:05] | Do you remember when he thought he’d lost it? | 你记得当他以为把它弄丢了的时候吗 |
[43:11] | I might have. | 好像记得 |
[43:18] | That’s your mother. | 那是你的妈妈 |
[43:30] | Cheers, cheers. | 干杯 干杯 |
[43:40] | I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[44:41] | Hi, how are you doing? | 嘿 你怎么样 |
[44:42] | Fine. | 还行 |
[44:46] | – Hi. – Hi, Jill. | – 嗨 – 嗨 吉尔 |
[44:57] | Hello there. | 你好 |
[44:59] | Hi, do you mind? | 能打扰一下吗 |
[45:04] | I’m Jill. | 我是吉尔 |
[45:06] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[45:09] | Marcus. | 马库斯 |
[45:11] | – You okay, Marcus? | 你还好吗 马库斯 |
[45:13] | Anything I can get for you? | 我能为你做什么吗 |
[45:15] | No. | 没什么 |
[45:22] | Well, I might just sit here for a bit if you don’t mind. | 如果你不介意的话我就在这坐一会 |
[45:40] | Is that okay? | 可以吗 |
[45:43] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[45:46] | Good. | 那就好 |
[46:05] | She made good view of me indeed so much | 她看得我那么出神 |
[46:07] | that sure me thought her eyes had lost her tongue. | 连自己讲的什么话儿也顾不到了 |
[46:10] | But this is a woman’s speech. | 但是这是一个女人的台词啊 |
[46:11] | So what, I’m being radical. | 那又怎么样 我就想带点激情 |
[46:13] | Now, shut up heathens. | 现在 异教徒们都给我闭嘴 |
[46:15] | Where was I? | 我说到哪里了 |
[46:15] | I left no ring with her. | 我没有留下戒指给她 |
[46:16] | No, I’ve done that, hold on. | 不是 我说过了 等等 |
[46:18] | Richie, can I say you’re terrible? | 里奇 我能说你烂透了吗 |
[46:19] | No, you can’t, fuck off. | 不可以 滚开 |
[46:21] | For she did speak in starts distractedly. | 那么没头没脑 颠颠倒倒 |
[46:24] | She loves me, sure. | 一定的 她爱上我啦 |
[46:26] | The cunning of her passion invites me | 情急智生 |
[46:27] | in this churlish messenger. | 才差这个无礼的使者来邀请我 |
[46:29] | None of my lord’s ring? | 不要我主人的戒指吗 |
[46:30] | Why, he sent her none. | 嘿 他并没有把什么戒指送给她呀 |
[46:33] | I am the man. | 我才是她意中的人 |
[46:37] | If it be so, as it is, poor lady, | 如果确如你所说的话 可怜的小姐 |
[46:41] | she were better love a dream. | 到头来不如幻梦一场 |