时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:30] | I haven’t got clear what’s going on this weather. | 真不知道这天气是怎么了 |
[00:32] | It’s Janurary, it’s raining, it’s really windy. | 一月里的天气 又是风又是雨的 |
[00:35] | Just look how fast those clouds are going. | 看这云跑到多远就知道风有多大了 |
[00:37] | But, even though it’s the winter, we’ve still got a fair old bit of | 即使是在这样的冬季里 园子里依然有 |
[00:40] | salad in the garden, and, yeah, it’s barren, | 许多可以做沙拉的菜 这看起来是很贫瘠 |
[00:43] | but look at all the green over there, | 但是看那边的一片绿色吧 |
[00:44] | the stuff that’s doing really well in our winters seems to | 那些植物在冬天里是长得非常繁茂的 |
[00:47] | be the rocket, and the radicchios, the Treviso’s radicchios, | 有芝麻菜 菊苣 特雷维索的菊苣 |
[00:50] | all those lovely bitter red salad leaves. | 所有这些很苦的但很可爱的红色小叶子 |
[00:54] | So the garden is absolutely | 所以园子里一点也不缺少 |
[00:55] | by no means boring and dull in the salad world. | 用来做沙拉的菜 |
[00:58] | I’m gonna go round and have a little pick up now, | 我要去那面摘点东西 |
[01:00] | see what I can get, | 看我能弄到什么 |
[01:01] | and also, I’ve been working on a nice little experiment. | 我正在做一个有趣的小尝试 |
[01:16] | Over here, we’ve got some fantastic stuff, | 在这有这么多极好的作物 |
[01:18] | we’ve got these beautiful radicchios here, same family, Treviso, | 有这些漂亮的菊苣 同种的特雷维索菊苣 |
[01:23] | we’ve got over here this is land cress, | 这面还有陆生水芹 |
[01:25] | which is like watercress, but grows on the land. | 和水田芹是一样的 只是长在陆地上 |
[01:28] | Lamb’s lettuce, and this mustard cress, | 这是野苣 这边这个是芥菜苗 |
[01:31] | this is my favourite salad of the year, it’s brilliant. | 这可是我一年之中最爱的沙拉材料 棒极了 |
[01:34] | And then these whole things here are filled with, like, rocket… | 这面一片种的都是像芝麻菜等… |
[01:39] | Oh, my God, it’s so windy! | 老天哪 这风太大了 |
[01:41] | So I’m just gonna pick a load of these | 我现在就摘一些回去 |
[01:43] | and then I’m gonna make some recipes. | 做点好吃的沙拉出来 |
[01:57] | I’m gonna make a fantastic salad, | 接下来我要做一个超级棒的沙拉 |
[01:59] | something a bit different. | 和之前不同的 |
[02:01] | lnstead of some more predictable European-vibe things, | 我要用摩洛哥式做法 |
[02:04] | we’re gonna go Moroccan stylee. | 而不是常用的欧式做法 |
[02:06] | I’ve got the beautiful carrots from the garden, I’ve parboiled them, | 先把园子里摘回来的胡萝卜煮成半熟 |
[02:09] | actually I’ve boiled them till just about cooked, | 事实上要煮到马上就熟了才好 |
[02:13] | for about 15 minutes. | 大约需要15分钟 |
[02:14] | I’m gonna drain these little babies. | 然后把水倒掉 |
[02:22] | There we go. | 这样就好了 |
[02:24] | So I’m just gonna get these into the bowl. | 直接把它们放到碗里 |
[02:27] | While they’re warm, I want to toss them with wicked flavours, | 趁它们还热着 往上浇一点调料 |
[02:30] | so, Moroccan-vibey, | 摩洛哥式做法呢 |
[02:32] | I am going salt for seasoning, | 先放点盐调味 |
[02:35] | I want pepper in there, I want… | 再放点胡椒粉进去 |
[02:38] | a little bit of red chilli, just broken. | 再来点红辣椒 掰开放进去 |
[02:45] | We’re gonna get the chilli in there, then cumin. | 放完辣椒 再来点孜然 |
[02:48] | A nice pinch of cumin, just going there. | 适量的孜然 放到里面 |
[02:53] | And then give it a ruddy good… smash up. | 然后把它们混在一起搅碎 |
[02:57] | Now… | 然后… |
[02:59] | orange, lime, | 再拿一个甜橙 一个酸橙 |
[03:02] | garlic and thyme. | 大蒜 还有百里香 |
[03:05] | So smash it up, | 用力搅碎 |
[03:06] | and then once you’ve smashed all the cumin up like that | 当你把所有孜然搅成这个样子了 |
[03:09] | I’m gonna go in with some garlic, that’ll smash it to a paste, | 这时把大蒜放进去继续搅 就会变成糊状 |
[03:12] | and then some thyme. Thyme and carrots – really, really nice. | 再放些百里香 它和胡萝卜一起味道特别棒 |
[03:15] | You could use rosemary, but I think thyme’s gonna be good here, | 也可以用迷迭香代替 但没有百里香好 |
[03:19] | and then smash it up again. | 然后再次搅碎 |
[03:25] | Right, so when we get to that stage, | 到了这一步 |
[03:26] | it’s like a bit of a paste in there. | 这些已经变成糊状了 |
[03:28] | lt’s all a bit sticky. You’ve got the spice, | 都是粘稠状的 这时要放些香料进去 |
[03:30] | the garlic is kind of made it all come stick together. | 大蒜会把这些粘稠状的东西聚合在一起 |
[03:32] | I’m gonna put in enough oil to dress | 然后给它加足量的油 |
[03:35] | the carrots and also a good swig | 好让胡萝卜入味 |
[03:39] | of vinegar, right, | 再多放一些醋进去 |
[03:41] | about a tablespoon and a half, OK? | 大概是一勺半的量 |
[03:43] | So once I do that it’s kind of like, | 接下来要做的 不知道该怎么形容 |
[03:46] | I don’t know, it’s like a cross between a spice, a rub | 是一种介于加香料 |
[03:49] | and a dressing, OK. | 摩擦和调味之间的一道工序 |
[03:51] | So all these lovely carrots here, just crack open | 这些可爱的胡萝卜都在这儿了 打开罐子 |
[03:55] | all of that, get all of the goodness in there. | 把所有调料汁的精华都浇在上面 |
[03:59] | Shake it up, | 翻一翻 |
[04:03] | get that in a roasting tray. | 把它们都放进烤盘里 |
[04:07] | Look at that, every little bit of juice, get it in there. | 看哪 所有的汤汁都在里面 |
[04:10] | And then… | 接下来要做的是… |
[04:12] | what I want to do is just cut a lime and an orange in half, | 把甜橙和酸橙分别切成两半 |
[04:17] | and what this is gonna do is basically bake and roast, | 然后要做的就是把这些烘烤一下 |
[04:21] | and that is what we’re gonna make our dressing for the salad with. | 这样做会让食材完全入味 |
[04:24] | So, in the oven, I’m gonna | 放到烤箱里 |
[04:25] | cook these for about 20, 25 minutes until perfectly golden | 烤20到25分钟 直到食材金黄为止 |
[04:30] | and intensified in flavour at about 180 Celsius, | 为了使调料味道更浓烈 温度要180℃ |
[04:34] | 350 Fahrenheit, | 350华氏度 |
[04:35] | and they’ll be ready to use in the salad. | 然后它们就可以用来做沙拉了 |
[04:42] | l’m just peeling an avocado. | 我现在把牛油果去皮 |
[04:44] | This is kind like a marriage of carrots and avocado. | 有点像把牛油果和胡萝卜的味道混合起来 |
[04:48] | The thing is, avocado most people love, right? | 因为多数人都喜欢牛油果的味道 |
[04:52] | Carrots aren’t usually thought of as be cooked anyway, | 胡萝卜却并不怎么 |
[04:56] | as being in salads. | 用来做沙拉 |
[04:58] | Just have a look at that, | 看看吧 |
[04:59] | that is absolutely, I mean, it’s a beauty, isn’t it? | 简直是太诱人了 不是吗 |
[05:03] | And in the supermarkets now you can get these different | 在超市里你也可以买到这些 |
[05:05] | coloured carrots and it makes it all exciting. | 不同颜色的胡萝卜 真是太好了 |
[05:07] | So what l want to do is just get these carrots into here. | 我要做的就是把这些胡萝卜都放在碗里 |
[05:12] | I can smell the flavours, absolutely brilliant. | 我可以闻到它的味道 简直太香了 |
[05:16] | Straight in like that. | 直接像这样放进去 |
[05:18] | Any oil and bits and pieces from the tray, | 烤盘里没有烤糊的汤汁和碎渣 |
[05:21] | if they’re not burnt, get it in there. | 都要放进去 |
[05:22] | And then, with the avocado, | 牛油果呢 |
[05:24] | I’m just gonna cut them into quarters, like that. | 要把它们像这样切成四块 |
[05:29] | lf you’ve got avocados that aren’t | 如果你买到的牛油果 |
[05:31] | quite…quite wipe…that aren’t quite ripe, | 没有熟透 |
[05:34] | just pop them in a bag with a banana | 只要把它们和香蕉放在一个袋子里 |
[05:38] | and they ripen up nice and quickly. | 它们就会很快成熟了 |
[05:41] | Get the avocado in there, and then dressing. | 把牛油果放进去 然后调味 |
[05:44] | l’ve got some toast over here as well, | 我这还有一些面包片 |
[05:47] | l’m just grilling. Mustn’t forget that. | 也烤一下 可别忘了 |
[05:50] | Now let’s do this dressing first… | 先来把这些调味 |
[05:53] | Ooh, get a pair of tongs. | 拿一个V型夹 |
[05:55] | When you roast up fruit, two things happen, | 当水果烤过之后 会有两种现象出现 |
[05:57] | one is it seems almost like there’s | 一是它会看起来更加多汁 |
[05:58] | more juice in them because you’ve broken down all the cells | 因为你并没有破坏到 |
[06:00] | where the juice is, and | 果汁所在的细胞 |
[06:02] | also you kind of jam-ify, you make it sweet. | 二是 会使它很甜 |
[06:04] | So actually it’s quite sweet and sour. | 实际上它会有种既酸又甜的味道 |
[06:06] | So just squeeze that lovely orange juice out | 所以就要把甜橙的汁水这样挤出来 |
[06:12] | like that… | 像这样… |
[06:20] | And then the old lime. | 同样的把酸橙也挤一下 |
[06:24] | Get a nice bit of pulp from that as well. | 这样还可以得到一些新鲜果肉 |
[06:30] | There we go. Right, I’m gonna put about | 好了 接下来我要放大约 |
[06:33] | equal amount of olive oil in there cos it’s not as sour as usual. | 等量的橄榄油 因为汤汁还不够酸 |
[06:37] | And a pinch of salt. | 再放少许的盐 |
[06:40] | And then give it a mix up. | 然后搅拌均匀 |
[06:43] | Let’s have a little taste, see what’s going on. | 尝一下 看看味道怎么样 |
[06:47] | Delicious, it does need a little hint of vinegar, but… | 味道不错 不过还需要再放一点醋 |
[06:52] | really very good. | 但是味道真的已经很棒了 |
[06:54] | So, right, that tastes lovely. | 好了 这样汤汁就调好了 |
[06:56] | Now, over here I’ve got three bits of toast here, | 这有三片土司面包 |
[06:59] | just a bit of ciabatta or good quality bread, | 意大利的脆皮面包 或者好吃的面包都可以 |
[07:01] | centimetre thick, sliced and grilled. | 切成大约一厘米厚 烤一下 |
[07:04] | The reason I’ve done that is cos when I was thinking about it, | 之所以这么做是因为 我认为 |
[07:06] | avocado, lovely, carrots spiced, lovely, | 牛油果啊 调过味的胡萝卜啊 都好 |
[07:09] | but they actually taste in your mouth quite… | 但是它们的味道多少会有些相似 |
[07:11] | not taste, they feel quite similar, so I thought if I can grill | 也不是味道 就是感觉很相似 所以 |
[07:15] | some little bits of toast and actually | 如果可以加上一些烤面包 |
[07:18] | get a bit of colour on them to give them a charred flavour, | 这种稍稍烤焦的味道会为这道菜增色不少 |
[07:20] | then you’ve got something crispy | 而且还会有一些酥酥的 |
[07:22] | and slightly smoky, | 一点点烟熏的味道 |
[07:23] | and just rip them into little chunks like that. | 就这样撕成一小块一小块的放进去就可以 |
[07:28] | We’ve got the lovely chargrilled flavour of that which I think is | 有这样一种碳烤的味道在沙拉里面 |
[07:33] | really interesting in a salad, and you’ve got the crunch. | 还有这种撕面包的声音 多有趣啊 |
[07:36] | And then we pour over our dressing, | 然后像这样把调好的汤汁倒进去 |
[07:38] | like that, and that bread absolutely | 这样面包就会 |
[07:40] | will suck up all the flavour. | 把汤汁的味道全部吸收进去 |
[07:42] | And then in here, from going around the garden, | 然后呢 这还有一些从园子摘的 |
[07:46] | I mean, look at that, we’ve got the radicchios, | 看这些 有菊苣 |
[07:50] | we’ve got the beetroot leaves, we’ve got the rocket. | 有甜菜根的叶子 有芝麻菜 |
[07:52] | And I’ve even got the little shoots of Cavolo nero | 有像尼罗子弹一样的小菜叶 |
[07:54] | and the cabbages. | 还有卷心菜 |
[07:55] | What I want to do is put a | 我要做的就是 |
[07:56] | nice big handful of those in there, like that. | 抓上一小把菜 像这样 |
[08:00] | Get everyone round the table now, | 把所有的这些都放进去 |
[08:01] | and you want to give it a really good mix up, | 然后把它们拌均匀 |
[08:04] | and a toss. Look at that. | 就像这样 翻转一下 |
[08:07] | Fantastic. | 极好了 |
[08:09] | And I’ll just plate up a little bit now. | 然后把它们摆到盘子里 |
[08:12] | Here we go. A few bits of carrot | 就这样 几根胡萝卜 |
[08:15] | like that, a bit of avi, the old avocado. | 几块牛油果 那种熟透的牛油果 |
[08:20] | Look at that, just place it around the plate… | 看哪 就这样把它们都摆在盘子上 |
[08:25] | Like that, and then get yourself a nice bit of those croutons, | 再放上几块碎面包片 |
[08:29] | and you can just plonk that on top. | 你可以就这样把它们放在最上面就好 |
[08:32] | I want to put a little bit of | 我还想放一点酸奶油 |
[08:34] | sour cream or yoghurt, just a little spoon. | 或者酸奶也可以 就一小勺 |
[08:38] | Nice little lump of salad leaves on top just like that, | 一小团菜叶放在最上面 |
[08:43] | and then I’m thinking also you can get those mixed bags | 我想你还可以把一些亚麻籽 |
[08:46] | of linseed, hemp seed, poppy seed and I’m kind of thinking… | 火麻仁还有罂粟子均匀撒在上面 |
[08:53] | Brilliant. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. | 太棒了 太棒了 太棒了 |
[08:55] | What a great, interesting salad | 在这样一个恐怖的大风天里 |
[08:58] | for such a horrible windy day. | 有这样一盘有趣的沙拉是件多么美妙的事 |
[09:13] | Earlier in the year, when the beetroots were beautiful, | 年初的时候 当甜菜根还很新鲜的时候 |
[09:17] | we clamped them. | 我们就把它们夹起来了 |
[09:19] | And clamped isn’t getting your car clamped, | 这种夹可不是扣车那种夹 |
[09:22] | that was taking something | 而是把植物的根和茎包起来 |
[09:23] | that was growing and coming to its perfect stage of life really, | 埋在土里 使它们停止生长 |
[09:28] | and then you want it to stop growing by taking off the stalk and | 一直停留在 |
[09:31] | any roots and packing it in sand, | 生长得最好的那个阶段 |
[09:33] | or you can do it in good, light soil, | 你也可以用轻质土壤 这样效果更好 |
[09:36] | and I haven’t seen these… Oh, bugger… | 我还没有看 噢 天哪 |
[09:39] | I haven’t seen these for about | 还没有看 |
[09:43] | I haven’t seen these for about two months now. | 我已经有两个月没有打开看了 |
[09:49] | Amazing. | 太神奇了 |
[09:50] | That’s the first time I’ve ever done that. Absolutely amazing. | 我还是第一次这样尝试 |
[09:54] | Two months ago, I had all these incredible beetroots, | 两个月前 我得到的这些甜菜根 |
[09:56] | if I’d have put them in any kind of fridge | 如果我把它们放在冰箱里 |
[09:58] | they would have been horrible by ten days. | 不出十天就会坏得不成样子 |
[10:01] | We’ve packed them in sand and put a bit of board over it, | 我们把它们包在土里 上面盖上板子 |
[10:04] | and they feel just as firm and as lovely as the day that | 它们就和我摘下来时一样新鲜 |
[10:08] | I picked them, absolutely brilliant. | 真是太神奇了 |
[10:10] | And this is a really | 这是一种很古老的技术 |
[10:11] | old-fashioned technique and it just goes to show | 这种技术表明了 |
[10:14] | that those guys in the old | 过去的那些人 |
[10:15] | days they knew exactly what they were doing. | 他们很清楚自己都在做什么 |
[10:17] | Brilliant. l’m gonna use these beetroots. | 好极了 我要用这些 |
[10:19] | l think l had a few different sizes and shapes as well. | 不同大小形状迥异的甜菜根 |
[10:23] | l’m gonna use them, | 三个月后的今天 |
[10:24] | now, three months later, in my salad. | 我要用它们来做我的沙拉 |
[10:28] | Look at that. | 看哪 |
[10:40] | I’m gonna make a really incredible winter salad, | 我要用它们来做一道无与伦比的冬季沙拉 |
[10:43] | something a bit unusual and something that can | 它会有些不同以往 |
[10:45] | use up all of those lovely crunchy root vegetables. | 将会用上这些新鲜的根茎蔬菜 |
[10:48] | The sauce or the dressing, really, | 不管是酱汁还是调料 |
[10:50] | is really unusual, | 都会非常与众不同 |
[10:51] | it’s called “Bagna calda”, | 我管它叫”巴格纳凯尔达” |
[10:53] | which means hot bath. | 意思就是热水浴 |
[10:54] | I’ve got six cloves of garlic, peeled, whole in a pint of milk | 把六瓣去皮大蒜 放入一品脱牛奶中 |
[10:57] | and I’m simmering it for about 10 minutes until soft, | 炖上大约10分钟 到它们软了为止 |
[11:00] | when you can literally push the garlic | 当你这样挤它们的时候 |
[11:01] | and it’s all nice and soft like that. | 它们就会这样又甜又软了 |
[11:04] | What I’m gonna do now is I’m gonna add some anchovy into that. | 接下来我要放点凤尾鱼进去 |
[11:07] | Anchovies really make this sauce, this is what it’s all about. | 这个酱料基本上就是凤尾鱼的味道 |
[11:11] | So I want about four of | 所以要放上4片 |
[11:12] | those lovely fillets of anchovies going in, | 可爱的凤尾鱼片进去 |
[11:16] | and they’ll just melt straight away, | 它们会马上融化在汤汁里面 |
[11:17] | and it won’t be a fishy taste, | 而且不会有鱼腥味 |
[11:19] | absolutely not, and you | 绝对不会 |
[11:20] | can put a bit of that oil in there as well. | 你也可以再放一点油在里面 |
[11:24] | The anchovies will just melt away. | 凤尾鱼就这样融化在汤里了 |
[11:26] | Now, over here I’ve got all these veg, | 这儿有我需要的蔬菜 |
[11:27] | so I need to turn this veg into something that you can eat. | 把这些蔬菜弄得可以吃就行 |
[11:31] | And it’s a bit of an assembly job really, and there’s no right | 这其实有很多方法可以实现 没有对错之分 |
[11:34] | or wrong way, so I’m just gonna cut this lovely carrot in half | 所以我现在要把这些胡萝卜从中间切开 |
[11:38] | and then slice it up. Try and slice | 然后切成片 |
[11:40] | it as thinly as you possibly can, | 尽量切得越薄越好 |
[11:42] | and I don’t care how you do this, | 不管你是怎么去切片 |
[11:44] | whether you use a knife, or whether you use a speed peeler. | 用刀也行 或者用削皮器也可以 |
[11:47] | So literally, my job is to slice up | 基本上 现在的工作就是切片 |
[11:51] | different piles of the salad into different shapes. | 不同的蔬菜切成不同的形状 |
[11:56] | And then these beets that I’ve got, absolutely beautiful. | 还有这些新鲜美丽的甜菜根 |
[12:02] | Beetroot raw is fantastic, | 生的甜菜根很好 |
[12:05] | but it has to be thinly sliced, | 但是要把它切得很薄 |
[12:08] | otherwise it’s a bit of an effort. | 还是很不容易的 |
[12:12] | Look at those colours. | 看这颜色多鲜亮 |
[12:16] | I’m just gonna put them around like that. | 把切好的甜菜根片摆在这 |
[12:19] | So we’re kind of going for the crudités look for the moment. | 这时就有点蔬菜沙拉的样子了 |
[12:22] | Then I want to get some celery. | 我需要一些芹菜 |
[12:23] | Now the green celery leaves are not good, they’re bitter. | 绿色的芹菜叶子不好吃 很苦 |
[12:27] | The yellow ones are fantastic. | 黄色的叶子就很好吃 |
[12:29] | So what I’ll do is I’ll keep these little ones here, | 我要把黄色的叶子留下 |
[12:32] | I want to take these | 把那些绿色的叶子摘下来 |
[12:33] | leaves off of here and save them for garnish. | 留作装饰用 |
[12:37] | These bigger sticks here, | 再把这些粗的芹菜梗 |
[12:38] | we can just cut into slices, | 切成薄片 |
[12:40] | almost like you would on a cheese board. | 就像在干酪板上一样 |
[12:43] | These bits actually I’m just gonna cut in half | 这些小梗从中间切开就行 |
[12:46] | and leave with the leaves on like that. | 叶子就这样带在上面 |
[12:51] | Here we go, nice pile of the old celery like that. | 好了 又一小堆芹菜弄好了 |
[12:55] | Oh, I’ve got some romanesco cauliflower, | 我这还有一颗西兰花 |
[12:57] | you can use white cauliflower as well, | 白色的西兰花也可以吃 |
[12:59] | and you could blanch this until al dente, | 可以把它们烫一下 这样会很有嚼头 |
[13:01] | but actually you can eat it raw as well. | 但其实生的西兰花可以直接吃 |
[13:04] | So I’m just gonna cut it in half, | 就这样切成两半 |
[13:06] | and l only need half. | 只要一半就够了 |
[13:07] | and literally once you get to that stage… | 当你正确地进行到这一步时… |
[13:10] | I’ll take the stalks out | 要把这中间的梗切掉 |
[13:12] | and I’ll break it down into little florets, like that, | 然后把它们切成一个一个小花的形状 |
[13:15] | and then I’ll cut the florets into little halves, delish. | 再把这些小花分别切成两半 |
[13:20] | And even that stalk bit, nothing wrong with that, just… | 其实这些梗也可以吃 这样切成片就行 |
[13:26] | There you go. So pick up a nice handful of that. | 好了 拿起一小堆放在这儿 |
[13:30] | Just like that, lovely. | 就像这样 多可爱 |
[13:34] | Have we got anything, ooh, fennel. | 还有什么呢 对了 还有茴香 |
[13:36] | Fennel – really exciting, let’s have those herb tops there. | 茴香真的很好 把头那部分切掉 |
[13:45] | Do the side. | 底部也切掉 |
[13:47] | Cut it in half and then just wafer-thin slice that. | 切成两半 然后把它切成极薄的薄片 |
[13:56] | Round there like that, there you go. | 然后放到那边 就这样 |
[14:00] | And then I’ve got black radish, you can use any radish. | 这还有黑萝卜 什么萝卜都可以的 |
[14:03] | Basically the rules of this is use whatever you like, | 基本上这个可以用任何你喜欢的蔬菜代替 |
[14:06] | but you really want it to be quite crunchy. | 但如果想要吃起来很脆还是用萝卜好 |
[14:09] | And look at the size of that radish. | 看这萝卜多大块啊 |
[14:11] | I’m just gonna peel it. When they’re small, | 我要把它先去皮 如果是很小的萝卜 |
[14:13] | you can keep the black skin, | 你可以不用削掉外面黑色的皮 |
[14:15] | when they’re big like this, I tend to peel it. | 如果是大的萝卜 我一般都会把皮削掉 |
[14:19] | Great in salads, you can actually | 萝卜是很好的沙拉原料 也可以 |
[14:19] | cook them like turnips as well, which is pretty cool. | 像红萝卜那样用来做菜 也很好吃 |
[14:22] | So, slice it up… | 也是切成片 |
[14:29] | There we go. | 好了 |
[14:31] | Just like that, just go in there. | 像这样放在那就可以了 |
[14:36] | And then I’ve got a celeriac here | 这还有一块块根茎 |
[14:38] | which literally is a really small one. | 很小的一块 |
[14:41] | I can’t grow celeriac for some bizarre reason. | 因为一些奇怪的原因 我没法种块根茎 |
[14:47] | Just peel that, kind of… | 也是要去皮 |
[14:48] | it’s got a funny old rough skin. | 它的皮很老很粗糙 |
[15:00] | There we go. So there you go, | 切好了 放在这儿 |
[15:02] | a mixture of crunchy bits and pieces. | 这都是一些嚼起来很脆的蔬菜在一起 |
[15:05] | Now, if you look at this sauce, | 现在再来看酱料 |
[15:08] | the garlic has made the milk split, it’s curdled. | 大蒜使牛奶分裂了 像是糊状的 |
[15:12] | There’s a garlic clove there which is squashed into nothing. | 这还有一瓣大蒜 很快就搅碎在汤里了 |
[15:16] | And I use a blender, you could whisk it if you wanted to, | 我用的是搅拌器 你也可以用打蛋器 |
[15:19] | but one of these hand blenders is brilliant, just give it a buzz. | 但是这种搅拌器真的很好用 嗡嗡一响 |
[15:28] | Blend it up really quickly until it’s smooth. | 快速搅拌 直到均匀了为止 |
[15:32] | I’m just gonna drizzle in a | 慢慢地滴几滴 |
[15:33] | load of good quality extra virgin olive oil. | 特级初榨橄榄油 |
[15:39] | And that’s when it becomes a bit more like a dressing really. | 现在变得越来越像是调料了 |
[15:42] | And some people like it really thick, and some people… | 有些人喜欢浓汤 而有些人… |
[15:46] | Personally I prefer it, you know, quite thin. | 我个人比较喜欢稀一点的 |
[15:49] | Now, vinegar is what we’re using | 现在放些醋 |
[15:50] | to flavour this in a kind of dressingy way. | 醋会使这汤汁更像调料 |
[15:59] | When you add the oil, there’s a sort of sheen | 当你往里面放油的时候 会出现一种 |
[16:02] | that comes into it like that, and it is delicious, | 像这样的光泽 这很美味 |
[16:06] | it almost looks like thin custard, really. | 这看起来好像是很稀的布丁 |
[16:08] | Serve it hot like that. And… | 趁热倒进去 |
[16:11] | you can get your little broccoli, | 拿一小块西兰花 |
[16:12] | you can dip it in there, and then, | 放进去蘸一下 |
[16:15] | oh my Lord, you know, it tastes so, so good. | 老天哪 简直太好吃了 |
[16:19] | That’s one way you can serve it. | 你可以就这样端上餐桌享用了 |
[16:21] | And the other way to plate it up, | 另一种享用的方法是 |
[16:24] | which I kind of quite like, is… | 这种方法我很喜欢 |
[16:27] | when you get all your salad and you mix it up, | 那就是把所有的蔬菜混合在一起 |
[16:34] | mix it up raw, like that, | 就这样生的放在一起 |
[16:36] | and make it into sort of a pile. | 这样弄成一堆 |
[16:40] | and I kind of prefer this in a way | 我个人比较喜欢这种方式 |
[16:43] | cos it comes to the table like this, | 放到餐桌上是这样的 |
[16:44] | we do it in the restaurant as well. | 在餐厅里也是一样的 |
[16:46] | And you pick your lovely herbs over it and stuff like that, | 选几片可爱的香草放在上面 |
[16:49] | then the waiter comes along with this, hot again, | 然后侍应生端着滚烫的汤汁过来了 |
[16:52] | and then they just pour this over like that at the table | 他就直接把汤汁这样浇在蔬菜上面 |
[16:56] | and you kind of almost dress it yourself. | 它们自己就和调料融为一体了 |
[16:59] | And I just think this is an interesting salad | 我觉得这是一道很有意思的沙拉 |
[17:01] | in the sense of, no-one really sees this kind of thing. | 很少会有人这样去做沙拉 |
[17:05] | Finish it with a bit of good oil. | 最后再放一点点油 |
[17:07] | You won’t get a more incredible salad, | 你不会再吃到比这更好吃的沙拉了 |
[17:10] | and if you don’t believe me, try it. | 如果你不相信我 尽管试一下 |
[17:12] | But there you go, what a brilliant way | 这样就好了 这是多么绝妙的 |
[17:13] | to use all those lovely winter veg. | 方式来吃这些冬天的蔬菜啊 |
[17:27] | So, Brian, brilliant. | 布莱恩 真是太好了 |
[17:28] | Our little experiment seems to be looking top, top, top. | 我们的小实验成果好像长得越来越高了 |
[17:32] | – All these sprouts and shoots. – Oh, it’s great fun. | -看这些小芽和小枝 -真是太有意思了 |
[17:35] | I’ve been having a wonderful time with this. | 跟它们在一起我觉得特别开心 |
[17:37] | I started really simple with some cress. | 我从比较好养的水芹开始 |
[17:39] | Like at school, we used to write our names in it. | 以前上学的时候 我们常常把名字写在上面 |
[17:42] | You put a bit of paper on the bottom. | 你会在下面放一张纸 |
[17:44] | Yeah, a little paper or bit of tissue. | 纸或者是面巾 |
[17:46] | Anybody can do that. Really simple. | 谁都会的 很简单 |
[17:48] | And that works OK? | 这样就可以了吗 |
[17:49] | Yeah, pretty easy, no problems, and then onto glass jars. | 对 很简单 再把它们移到玻璃罐里 |
[17:54] | – Yeah. – This is just the easiest thing in the world to grow. | -好 -这简直是世界上最好养活的东西 |
[17:57] | Look at it, glass jar… | 看这玻璃罐子啊 |
[18:00] | Couple of holes in it. | 上面要扎几个洞吧 |
[18:00] | You could have a traditional | 你可以用那种传统的果酱罐子 |
[18:01] | jam jar and just make some holes in the top. | 然后在顶部扎几个洞 |
[18:05] | This one’s done really well. | 这个真的很好用 |
[18:08] | Are you watching this? Look at that. | 看着吧 你看哪 |
[18:12] | It’s like a sandcastle. | 就像一座沙堡一样 |
[18:13] | It’s brilliant isn’t it? | 真是太神奇了 不是吗 |
[18:15] | – They’re such fun in the winter. – Do you just pull it apart? | -在冬天弄这个太有趣了 -直接摘吗 |
[18:17] | Just pull it apart and, you know, take as much as you want. | 对 直接摘 多少都行 |
[18:20] | Brilliant. | 真神奇 |
[18:21] | Now, nutritionally, what’s the score here? | 从营养价值来考虑它怎么样呢 |
[18:23] | Very good, yeah. | 很有营养 |
[18:24] | There’s something about when a seed absorbs the water | 它就是种子吸水以后 |
[18:26] | and then starts to sprout. | 成长为绿芽 |
[18:29] | So really full of vitamins and stuff like that? | 所以富含多种维他命什么的是吗 |
[18:32] | And we’ve got this one here. | 我们还有这种 |
[18:33] | You could have that on your windowsill easily. | 你可以把这个放在窗台上 |
[18:35] | I’ve got eight different types of plant. | 我已经养了八种不同的植物了 |
[18:38] | So you’ve got vegetable sprouts, all these cresses. | 你有这么多植物绿芽 还有水芹 |
[18:42] | So really you can sprout just about anything, can’t you? | 是不是什么东西你都能让它发出芽来 |
[18:45] | I’d quite like to make a little… | 我要弄一点来… |
[18:49] | Let’s make a little… | 我们用它… |
[18:51] | something with them now. | 用它来做点什么尝尝 |
[18:53] | Just rip up a load. Put them in like that. | 就抓一点放到碗里 |
[18:57] | A bit of Balsy. | 放一点香醋 |
[18:58] | Can you put a bit of a sprinkle of that salt in there, Bri? | 布莱 帮我洒一点盐在上面好吗 |
[19:06] | There you go. It’s lovely. | 这就好了 太可爱了 |
[19:09] | Really, really nice. | 真的不错 |
[19:10] | – I’ll tell you who would like this. – I’d like that! | -跟你说谁会喜欢这个 -我会喜欢的 |
[19:13] | The rabbits. | 兔子会喜欢 |
[19:16] | I just make a sandwich, stick a load of it in the | 我刚做了一个三明治 放了一些 |
[19:18] | – middle of a sandwich with some cheese… – Do you really? | -夹在中间 再抹上芝士 -真的吗 |
[19:20] | – Bit of dressing. Yeah. – Actually, I bet that’d be delicious. | -调下味道 是的 -我猜一定很好吃 |
[19:29] | We don’t normally eat with forks, do we, Bri? | 我们一般不用叉子来吃 对吧 布莱 |
[19:32] | No! It’s normally dirty hands out in the garden. | 是啊 一般都是翻完土的脏手直接抓来吃 |
[19:35] | That’s got to be a couple | 这一天忙乎下来 |
[19:36] | – of portions of your green stuff for a day. – Mmm. | -两只手都变成绿色的了 -嗯 |
[19:40] | It’s really good. | 太好吃了 |
[19:42] | It’s been the easiest thing I’ve ever grown, | 这是我种过的植物里最容易养活的了 |
[19:45] | and probably the most fun as well. | 而且可能也是最有意思的 |
[19:46] | Really? Why? | 是吗 为什么有意思 |
[19:48] | Well, as I say, middle of winter, nothing much going on outside. | 如我所说 隆冬里外面植物基本都凋零了 |
[19:52] | Bit depressing, bit grey. But come in here every morning, | 很灰暗 令人沮丧 但是每天早上 |
[19:55] | have a little munch, | 到这里来吃一点东西 |
[19:57] | and just watch my little sprouts grow. | 就这样看着这些小芽生长 |
[20:01] | Hmm. Puts a twist on a ploughman’s, doesn’t it? | 让庄稼汉的心情瞬间大好 是不是 |
[20:17] | Right, I’m gonna do the coolest dish. | 我将要做的是一道非常酷的菜肴 |
[20:18] | This dish is modern, cool, refreshing, | 这道菜很时尚 很酷 而且也很新鲜 |
[20:21] | looks really, like, flashy, but is dead, dead simple. | 看起来非常华丽 但却非常非常简单 |
[20:26] | So I’ve got some beautiful blue fin tuna, | 我这里有块非常新鲜的蓝鳍金枪鱼 |
[20:29] | beautiful bit of tuna, look at that. | 看哪 多新鲜的金枪鱼鳍啊 |
[20:31] | And what I’m doing at the moment is just slicing up some ginger. | 这时候要做的就是先把姜切成丝 |
[20:36] | I’ve sliced about six cloves of garlic, | 我已经切好了六颗大蒜 |
[20:38] | and I’ve got a big thumb-sized | 我这有块大拇指那么大的 |
[20:40] | piece of ginger and I’ve just peeled it, | 一块姜 把它削皮 然后切成片 |
[20:42] | sliced it and sliced it across again into matchsticks. | 再切成像火柴棍那么细的丝 |
[20:46] | I’ve got a pan of sunflower oil in here, | 这还有一口锅 放了葵花籽油 |
[20:48] | so I’m gonna put my garlic in first. | 先把大蒜放进锅里 |
[20:50] | You wanna be standing around when you do this, | 这时你要站在锅前看着火 |
[20:53] | because they go golden pretty quick. | 因为大蒜下锅很快就会变成金黄色 |
[20:55] | Don’t burn them cos they’ll go bitter. | 不要炸糊了 那样蒜就会变得很苦 |
[21:01] | There we go, lovely. | 这就好了 火候刚刚好 |
[21:08] | Shake it… and straight onto one corner | 甩掉多余的油 然后直接放到 |
[21:12] | of my paper. And then in with the ginger. | 吸油纸上 再放入姜丝 |
[21:18] | They take a little bit longer, | 姜丝要炸得时间稍微长一些 |
[21:19] | so I can get on with some other work. | 这时可以趁机做点别的准备工作 |
[21:21] | Now, I’ve got my tuna, | 先把金枪鱼 |
[21:22] | so cut it in half with a nice thin knife… | 用锋利些的刀切成两半 |
[21:25] | just look how beautiful that fish is. | 看这金枪鱼多新鲜哪 |
[21:28] | It is really an incredible fish. | 这真是一种不可思议的鱼 |
[21:31] | Then what I want you to do, | 然后要做的是 |
[21:32] | is just slice it as a complete slice, | 把鱼切成一片一片的 |
[21:36] | as thinly as you can. | 尽量切得越薄越好 |
[21:39] | Ooh, let’s get my ginger. | 这时姜丝可以捞出来了 |
[21:47] | There you go. And then back to the fish. | 好了 再回来继续切鱼 |
[21:51] | I like using tuna for this, | 我为什么喜欢金枪鱼而不是三文鱼 |
[21:52] | and salmon, because it’s kind of got a fattiness, | 因为三文鱼含太多脂肪 |
[21:55] | an oiliness, that’s really just gagging | 含油脂也更多 |
[21:58] | to have other textures | 这样就很难吸收 |
[22:01] | and flavours put to it. Things like crunch, | 其它东西的味道 像是很有嚼头的 |
[22:03] | with the beautiful sprouts. | 那些小绿芽们 就不适合放在一起做菜 |
[22:04] | I’m really excited about these sprouts. There we go. | 真的很期待那些小绿芽们 好了 |
[22:10] | Nearly there… | 就快切完了 |
[22:12] | Ok. So, right, let’s place… | 好了 我们来… |
[22:16] | I’ll start to plate… | 现在开始把这些 |
[22:18] | this beautiful sushi up. | 新鲜的生鱼片摆到盘子上 |
[22:21] | Nice. I like the idea of having a big plate, really, | 很好 我很喜欢用大盘子 |
[22:26] | something a bit special, a bit funky, | 可以放一些特别的 稀奇的 |
[22:27] | something exciting that everyone can get involved in | 令人激动的东西 大家可以一起享用 |
[22:30] | and just, you know, pull a piece out. | 你知道的 就这样夹一片出来 |
[22:33] | Just slice it around like that. | 就这样把生鱼片摆成一圈就可以了 |
[22:43] | There you go, lovely. | 摆好了 可爱吧 |
[22:44] | So, I’ve got my sprouts. They look fantastic. | 现在拿那些小菜芽们 它们多神奇啊 |
[22:47] | I want a big handful of that, | 抓上一大把 |
[22:48] | cos every time we take a bit of that fish out, | 这样每夹一块鱼 |
[22:50] | we wanna to take some of this out. Put that in the middle, | 都能够夹到些菜芽 把它们放到中间 |
[22:54] | like that. | 就像这样 |
[22:55] | Now I’m gonna make a dressing. | 然后我们来调味 |
[22:57] | In Japan, they’ve got an incredible citrus fruit, | 日本有一种很神奇的柑橘类水果 |
[22:59] | called yuzu, a yuzu lime. | 他们管它叫柚子 |
[23:00] | You just can’t get them here, | 在这里是买不到的 |
[23:02] | and they travel really badly. | 因为运输太不便利 |
[23:04] | You can buy them in little salted bottles | 你可以在中国的熟食店 或者那种专卖店 |
[23:06] | in Chinese delis or, you know, | 买到瓶装用盐水泡着的那种柚子 |
[23:08] | specialist shops like that, but it’s hard to get. | 但是一般很难买到 |
[23:11] | But essentially it tastes like | 不过 基本上柚子吃起来味道像是 |
[23:13] | a clementine or a tangerine, lime and grapefruit. | 克莱门橘或柑橘和酸橙葡萄柚混合的味道 |
[23:17] | So l thought what l’ll try and do is rip off that flavour, | 所以我想试着去分解那种味道 |
[23:20] | cos l can’t get hold of it. | 因为我无法得到它 |
[23:22] | l’ll try and rip off that flavour | 我分解那种味道 |
[23:24] | by kind of blending my own. | 然后混合成我自己的的 |
[23:26] | First, we use the lime, | 先拿一个酸橙 |
[23:28] | because the lime’s really, really important because it’s sour. | 因为酸橙真的很重要 因为它是酸的 |
[23:31] | Yuzu is really, really mega sour. | 柚子真的很酸 非常酸 |
[23:33] | And then as you taste it, you know, | 你尝过之后就会知道 |
[23:36] | we’ve got the whole tangerine thing going on, | 里面还有甜橙的味道 |
[23:39] | so we’ll put tangerine in. | 所以要把甜橙的汁都挤进去 |
[23:40] | I’m guessing. I might not get it right first time. | 我想 大概不可能一次就调出那种味道 |
[23:43] | And then we’ve got grapefruit juice. | 再放葡萄柚的汁 |
[23:45] | So squeeze… | 挤啊挤… |
[23:48] | some grapefruit in there. | 葡萄柚汁都挤进去 |
[23:49] | You’ve got the lovely fresh tuna, | 已经有新鲜的金枪鱼 |
[23:52] | you’ve got those sprouts | 还有可爱的菜芽 |
[23:53] | and you’ve got these lovely citrus fruits. | 这边还有这些可爱的柑橘类水果 |
[23:56] | I mean, it’s just so healthy. | 真的是很健康的一道菜 |
[24:04] | It could do with being a bit sharper. | 味道还应该再弄一些 |
[24:06] | A bit more lime. And season it, season it with salt. | 再放一点酸橙 然后放点盐来调味 |
[24:12] | There we go. | 好了 |
[24:16] | I can’t believe it. I mean, that is no way as good as yuzu, | 味道太好了 虽然还不及柚子的味道好 |
[24:20] | but it’s not far off it, | 但是也差不多了 |
[24:21] | and considering I pay 75 | 想想吧 买一瓶柚子罐头 |
[24:22] | quid for a bottle of yuzu that is brilliant. | 要花75磅 这已经太合适了 |
[24:25] | That is absolutely brilliant. | 这真的已经很棒了 |
[24:26] | So what I’m gonna do now, | 接下来要做的是 |
[24:28] | is sprinkle some of this ginger around the plate, | 撒一点姜丝在上面 |
[24:32] | and this in a mouthful, is gonna blow you away, seriously. | 这样吃上一口 真的会让你大吃一惊的 |
[24:36] | The garlic chips. | 再放点大蒜瓣 |
[24:41] | OK, let’s go for it. Let’s finish this dish, | 好了 大胆尝试一下 完成这道菜 |
[24:45] | and then… you can pour it through the shoots, | 把调好的汤汁撒在上面 |
[24:49] | and, you know, you do this at the table, | 就这样均匀地浇在盘子里 |
[24:53] | you do it over the fish like that. | 浇在鱼肉上 |
[24:55] | And there is a really modern, | 这真是一道非常时尚 |
[24:58] | brilliant dish, that I am incredibly excited about. | 非常美妙的菜 让我非常期待 |
[25:01] | And actually, although it’s not authentic, | 尽管这不是柚子原本的味道 |
[25:03] | just some nice blobs of oil… | 再放几滴油进去… |
[25:08] | just over the top like that, and that is mega. | 这样绕盘子一圈 就够了 |
[25:10] | That is mega, I’m really chuffed. | 这就够了 我太激动了 |
[25:12] | And that in the middle of winter, is gonna put a smile on your face. | 这道菜会让你在冬季里展露一抹难得的笑容 |