时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:30] | Winter veg. It’s that time of year | 冬季时蔬 每年的这个时候 |
[00:31] | when, you know what, it’s all a bit depressing, to be honest. | 多少都会让人感到有些压抑 说实话 |
[00:35] | Or at least you can feel like that. | 至少你能感受得到 |
[00:36] | It’s four weeks till the shortest day of the year. | 离一年中白天最短的日子还有四周 |
[00:39] | So it’s getting dark really early, | 天开始黑得早了 |
[00:40] | and it’s taking ages to get light in the morning, | 早上天总也不亮 |
[00:43] | and you’d think that the garden would be | 你可能会觉得花园里 |
[00:45] | absolutely dead and boring, and it’s really not. | 死气沉沉又毫无生机 其实并非如此 |
[00:48] | I mean I think this is the exciting thing about | 让人兴奋的是 |
[00:50] | gardens is they go through this transition, where, | 花园也要经历过渡时期 |
[00:52] | you know, in the spring and summer, | 暖春盛夏时分 |
[00:54] | everything’s quite light and fresh, | 清爽宜人万物生新 |
[00:56] | and then in the winter the brassica family goes doolally. | 凉秋寒冬时节 芥属植物蓬勃生长 |
[00:59] | Things like the cabbages. | 像是各种卷心菜 |
[01:01] | You know, the frost breaks the structure so they’re not as stringy. | 冰霜使其结构改变 叶子不再呈线状 |
[01:03] | And then things llike salad leaves. | 还有各种沙拉蔬菜 |
[01:06] | I was picking rocket all through last winter, | 去年一整个冬天我都在采摘芸芥 |
[01:08] | even in the snow. | 下雪也不例外 |
[01:09] | lt’s hardy. My God, it’s brilliant. | 非常耐寒 上帝啊 真绝了 |
[01:11] | I mean over there you’ve got the radicchio family. | 那边是菊苣植物 |
[01:13] | Look at the beautiful red colours there. | 看那漂亮的红色 |
[01:15] | If you look over there, you’ve got a big pile of chervil here, | 看那边有一大簇细叶芹 |
[01:18] | with its aniseedy peachy flavour. | 它有一种绝妙的茴香味道 |
[01:21] | So what I’m gonna do with a whole load of these winter veg, | 现在我要去加工这一大堆冬季时蔬 |
[01:24] | is instead of going hardcore comfort food yet, we will, | 并非是让人上瘾的安慰食物 等一下再做 |
[01:28] | I’m gonna make a really zingy, tongue-slapping coleslaw. | 我要做一道惊艳味蕾的菜丝沙拉 |
[01:32] | And just think of all the colours from this lot, | 看看这里面是如此五彩缤纷 |
[01:34] | it’s gonna be brilliant. | 会很棒的 |
[01:45] | Right. To make the best coleslaw ever, | 想要做出最棒的菜丝沙拉 |
[01:47] | instead of doing the classic, which is white cabbage, white onions, | 代替传统的白卷心菜 白洋葱 |
[01:50] | carrots, mayonnaise, boring, | 胡萝卜 美乃滋 让人乏味 |
[01:53] | we’re gonna get a whole load of lovely stuff. | 我们要用很多很棒的食材 |
[01:55] | It’s still based around onions. | 基本的还是要用到洋葱 |
[01:57] | I’m using shallots and cabbage. | 我选用红葱头和卷心菜 |
[01:59] | But I’m gonna put the red cabbage as well, | 紫甘蓝也要 |
[02:00] | using beetroots, turnips, fennel, | 还有甜菜 芜菁 茴香 |
[02:02] | carrots, radishes, herbs. | 胡萝卜 小萝卜 各种香草 |
[02:04] | It’s gonna be fantastic. So first of all… | 会很棒的 首先 |
[02:06] | gonna get the red cabbage on a slicer attachment. | 把紫甘蓝放在切菜机上 |
[02:11] | The softer you push, the finer it’ll be. | 轻轻推入 可以切得很薄 |
[02:13] | The harder you push, the thicker it’ll be. | 越使劲的话 切出的越厚 |
[02:17] | Still basing it around the classic white. | 经典的食材白卷心菜依旧是基本 |
[02:25] | l’m gonna use two shallots. | 我会用到两个红葱头 |
[02:26] | These are banana shallots. I’ve just peeled them. | 这些长形红葱头 我刚刚剥掉外皮 |
[02:30] | Two shallots go in, straight in there, and then fennel. | 加入两个红葱头 直接放入 然后是茴香 |
[02:34] | Cut it in half | 对半切开 |
[02:37] | and just put the fennel in like this. | 像这样放入茴香 |
[02:41] | So there you go. | 就这样 |
[02:44] | Take the slicing attachment off. | 把切菜器取下来 |
[02:47] | Already you got different exciting things in there. | 里面的菜已经都切好了 |
[02:49] | Sliced fennel, the onions, white cabbage, | 切好的茴香 洋葱 白卷心菜 |
[02:51] | red cabbage. You need a big bowl for it. | 紫甘蓝 你需要一个大碗来盛 |
[02:54] | I’m gonna turn this blade around now to the grating side, | 现在把刀片调换方向 换成打碎功能 |
[02:58] | so we went from thin slicing to fine grating, not chunky grating. | 从切薄片换成打碎 而不是切小块 |
[03:03] | Then we’re gonna do the | 下面的步骤 |
[03:04] | things that benefit from grating. Which are… | 用打碎会很好 |
[03:08] | I’ve got different types of beetroots. | 我有不同类型的甜菜根 |
[03:12] | I would rather use these paler beetroots than the purple one. | 我倾向于用这些浅色的而不是紫色的 |
[03:18] | The purple one’s fine to use, but it will stain everything, | 紫色的甜菜也很好 但会把所有食材染色 |
[03:21] | so I prefer to use the lighter ones. | 所以我喜欢用这些浅色的 |
[03:23] | I’ve got a turnip here. | 这里有一个芜菁 |
[03:28] | Straight through. | 直接放入 |
[03:31] | And then l’ve got some nice carrots. | 还有一些很好的胡萝卜 |
[03:34] | Put these in. Get ’em all in. | 将它们放入 所有的 |
[03:40] | And then six or seven radishes here. | 然后放入六到七个小萝卜 |
[03:49] | And look how beautiful everything looks in here, really delicate. | 所有食材看起来都那么美 非常精致 |
[03:52] | You could never do that by hand really, so it’s a great cheat. | 手工切绝对没有这种效果 算是偷个懒 |
[03:55] | So we get that all in there. | 把它们都放到碗里 |
[03:59] | And instead of using mayonnaise, | 不使用美乃滋 |
[04:01] | right… I’m kind of over mayonnaise. | 我不太喜欢用美乃滋 |
[04:04] | And I’m gonna use yoghurt, a good quality, organic, live yoghurt, | 我要用酸奶 优质 有机 天然酸奶 |
[04:08] | just enough to cover this. | 能覆盖所有食材就行了 |
[04:12] | And remember we’re using this instead of mayonnaise. | 我们用酸奶替代美乃滋 |
[04:14] | And then seasoning is important. | 调味很重要 |
[04:16] | You really do need to season it nice with salt and pepper. | 用食盐和胡椒来调味 |
[04:19] | I’m guessing this from experience. A little bit more. | 用量全凭经验 再来点 |
[04:22] | And then herb-wise, these are all these things from the garden. | 接下来是香草 全部都是采自园中 |
[04:25] | So what have we got? | 看看我们要用到哪些香草 |
[04:27] | We’ve got bronze fennel. Absolutely lovely. | 紫茴香 特别棒 |
[04:30] | Then mint we’ve got here. | 然后是薄荷 |
[04:33] | Seems to be fine. Hasn’t sort of died off yet. | 看起来不错 还没干掉 |
[04:35] | So I pick the bigger leaves from that. | 把大一点的叶子取下 |
[04:38] | And then chervil. | 接着是细叶芹 |
[04:39] | Chervil is a really interesting one, really good in salads. | 细叶芹很有意思 非常适合放入沙拉 |
[04:42] | You’ll get it down the farmers’ markets, or grow it. | 可以在农贸市场买到 也可以自己种 |
[04:44] | It’s the easiest thing. | 非常容易 |
[04:45] | Just… I’m just gonna roll ’em all up, | 把它们卷起来 |
[04:47] | and l’ll slice these up. Like that. | 切碎 像这样 |
[04:49] | And you know, I could get parsley in here if l had some. | 如何有欧芹也可以放 |
[04:51] | But it’s a great way of getting | 这种方法很好 |
[04:53] | loads of veg into people. Into people, into kids. | 能让人们摄入大量蔬菜 大人孩子都可以 |
[04:57] | The thing that’s gonna bring | 柠檬汁可以 |
[04:59] | it together and make it work is lemon juice. | 用于提味 |
[05:01] | About the juice of one and a half lemons, juicy lemons for this. | 一个半柠檬的汁 挤入 |
[05:06] | And then again I’m bastardising that original recipe | 我篡改了原来的菜谱 |
[05:10] | with an amount of good extra-virgin olive oil, | 加入适量优质特级初榨橄榄油 |
[05:13] | and about four, five tablespoons. | 大概四到五茶匙的量 |
[05:16] | Even an idiot would know it’s gonna be tasty. | 傻子都知道这会很美味的 |
[05:19] | I’ve got some nice wholegrain mustard, nice big spoon, | 我准备了优质芥末籽酱 一大匙 |
[05:23] | and that’ll go straight in like that. | 像这样直接放入 |
[05:26] | And then you can do it with spoons and forks and stuff, | 然后 你可以用勺子和叉子搅拌 |
[05:29] | but it won’t be good enough. | 但都不如这样好 |
[05:31] | Get your hands in, mix it up, and just turn it over like this. | 直接用手 混合 像这样翻一下 |
[05:36] | And your only job here, now, is to coat | 现在你要做的只剩下 |
[05:38] | that coleslaw. I mean, look at the colours! | 让食材均匀裹上料汁 看看这颜色 |
[05:42] | And that is, honestly, | 说实话 这真是 |
[05:46] | the most incredible coleslaw you’ll ever taste. | 你能吃到的最不可思议的菜丝沙拉了 |
[05:51] | Look at that, absolutely lovely. | 看呐 真是太棒了 |
[05:53] | Now, this is fantastic served just as it is, | 就这样直接吃就很美味 |
[05:57] | you know, in sandwiches, with a jacket potato. | 也可以放入三明治 或者配烤夹克土豆 |
[06:00] | What I really like to do is to get a nice piece of roasted meat, | 我很喜欢配一大片烤肉 |
[06:04] | a bit of leftover pork, a bit of leftover beef, | 一点剩猪肉 或者是牛肉 |
[06:08] | just slice it like that. | 像这样切片 |
[06:19] | And a lovely spoon of this delicious coleslaw. | 来一大勺可口的菜丝沙拉 |
[06:23] | And then all I do is just finish it | 最后要做的是 |
[06:26] | with some of those lovely herbs over the top like that. | 加入香草 像这样放在上面 |
[06:30] | Happy days. | 生活真美好 |
[06:45] | Right, l’m gonna do something | 我现在要做的是 |
[06:47] | that everyone used to do in the old days. | 大家过去都会做的事情 |
[06:49] | This essentially is the old method of refrigeration. | 这其实是用于冷藏的老方法 |
[06:53] | lt’s called clamping, | 这被叫做贮藏 |
[06:54] | which basically involves all the lovely hardy root veg. | 用来储存这些优质耐寒的根茎蔬菜 |
[06:57] | So what we want to do is, | 我们要做的是 |
[06:59] | when you feel they’ve got to good sizes… | 当你感觉蔬菜的大小刚好 |
[07:00] | say for example these beets, | 比如说这些甜菜 |
[07:01] | I mean for me, I don’t want them getting any bigger than that. | 我不想它们的个头再变大了 |
[07:05] | So we get some sand. | 准备一些沙土 |
[07:10] | So we’ve got some sand here. | 现在有沙土了 |
[07:14] | Make a little layer. | 弄成薄薄一层 |
[07:18] | Brush it out with your hand. Get the sand even like that. | 用手抹开 将沙土弄均匀 |
[07:21] | And then you literally get your veg… | 然后把蔬菜 |
[07:24] | These are beets. Leave the roots on. Get the excess soil off. | 这些是甜菜 留下根部 去除多余的土 |
[07:28] | Then just twist these beets off. | 把甜菜根拧下来 |
[07:30] | That’s nicely ripped off and good. | 扯得很好 |
[07:32] | You can just put this in the soil like that. | 放入土壤中 |
[07:34] | Put ’em next to each other. | 挨个排好 |
[07:36] | And in the old days, they’d have done it outside in the garden, | 过去 人们就把蔬菜埋在外边的花园里 |
[07:39] | maybe a little corner. | 就在花园的一角 |
[07:39] | By keeping them like this, in a controlled area, you know, | 像这样储存蔬菜 在一个可控区域 |
[07:44] | these lovely little carrots | 这些优质的小胡萝卜 |
[07:46] | you can enjoy throughout the winter. | 你能享用一整个冬天 |
[07:50] | Then you get some more sand | 再加入一些沙土 |
[07:53] | and you cover ’em, and you do it again. | 把它们盖上 以此类推 |
[07:57] | So you can do these with carrots, turnips, swede, | 像是胡萝卜 芜菁 瑞典大头菜 |
[08:00] | a whole load of good, hardy, winter root veg, | 很多优质耐寒的冬季时蔬都可以这样处理 |
[08:05] | and the great thing is it will keep them really well | 这种方法可以很好地保存蔬菜 |
[08:09] | and, you know, this’ll keep four months, | 这样可以保存四个月的时间 |
[08:11] | four and a half months, which is brilliant. | 甚至四个半月 这样非常好 |
[08:13] | If I put them all in the fridge, | 如果把它们都放入冰箱 |
[08:15] | they’d be minging before you know it. | 很快就会变坏 |
[08:17] | So even though it’s old and a bit archaic, | 因此即使这样做很过时 |
[08:19] | this is definitely the best way of keeping them long term | 但绝对是长时间贮存蔬菜的好方法 |
[08:22] | and not losing that much nutritional value and flavour. | 并能使得营养和风味都不易流失 |
[08:25] | So, pretty good going. | 很不错 |
[08:41] | Right, I’m gonna make an incredible soup ever. | 我要做一款不可思议的汤 |
[08:44] | We’ve got a whole head of Savoy cabbage there, | 这里有一整颗皱叶甘蓝 |
[08:47] | we’ve got a big handful of cavolo nero | 大量意大利甘蓝 |
[08:50] | and a handful of red and green curly kale. | 一些红色及绿色的羽衣甘蓝 |
[08:53] | I’ve cooked it in two litres of chicken stock | 放入两升鸡汤烧煮 |
[08:54] | but you could do veggie stock if you want. | 你也可以用蔬菜高汤 |
[08:56] | So that’s been boiling for five minutes. | 已经煮了五分钟了 |
[08:59] | And then, bigging up Mr Bread. | 接下来是面包 |
[09:01] | Stale bread just grilled on a griddle pan, | 刚刚用烤锅烤好的干面包 |
[09:03] | or you could even roast it in the oven, | 也可以放进烤箱烤一下 |
[09:06] | a whole load, big stack of the bread like that. | 一整条 一大叠面包 就像这样 |
[09:10] | When you get your bread like this, while it’s hot, | 面包处理好以后 趁热 |
[09:14] | just get a piece of garlic and give it two rubs, | 拿一瓣蒜 抹两下 |
[09:17] | and you’d be amazed how much flavour that that transmits, | 散发出的味道会让你惊讶 |
[09:20] | cos there’s a perfume of garlic there, which is lovely. | 因为有蒜的香味 很棒 |
[09:23] | I’ve got a tray in the oven, but what l want to do… | 我在烤炉里放了一个烤盘 我要做的是 |
[09:28] | Get my tray here. | 把烤盘拿过来 |
[09:30] | I’m gonna get one tin | 我要拿一个鳀鱼罐头 |
[09:35] | of about 14 anchovy fillets. | 里面大约有14片鳀鱼 |
[09:38] | Pour the oil in here first, | 先把油倒这里面 |
[09:43] | then I want about 12 rashers of nice pancetta. | 然后我需要约12片意大利烟肉 |
[09:50] | So just lay it in here. | 直接放在上面 |
[09:51] | Normally I’d do this on a gas hob, but l’m outside. | 通常我会用燃气灶做 但现在是室外 |
[09:54] | So I’m gonna cover this tray with the bacon, | 将培根铺满烤盘 |
[09:56] | and put it back in the oven just to render and go crispy. | 然后放回烤炉烤出油 使其变脆 |
[09:59] | But before l do that, these anchovy fillets here. | 在这之前 这些鳀鱼片 |
[10:04] | Be careful when you take these off. | 揭开这个的时候要小心 |
[10:08] | Shake them out there. | 把这些鳀鱼片倒出来 |
[10:10] | Just put the anchovies out and about, | 均匀放在烤盘上 |
[10:13] | and let’s roast these babies up. | 就可以烤了 |
[10:16] | Pop it back in the oven. | 把烤盘放回炉子里 |
[10:19] | Now, over here I’ve got two cheeses. | 现在 我这里准备了两种奶酪 |
[10:23] | Fontina, which is a wonderful cheese. | 芳提娜干酪 一种很棒的奶酪 |
[10:26] | It’s quite mild in flavour, | 口味比较柔和 |
[10:28] | but it has the most incredible melting qualities. | 但是熔化以后的质感让人难以置信 |
[10:32] | It’s all stringy and light and incredible. | 有粘性 清淡柔和 不可思议 |
[10:35] | And I’ve got Parmesan, just for good flavour. | 还有帕玛森干酪 味道会很好 |
[10:37] | I want 200 grams of Fontina, | 我需要200克芳提娜干酪 |
[10:40] | about 150 grams of Parmesan. | 约150克帕玛森干酪 |
[10:42] | Get this out of the way. | 先拿开 |
[10:45] | And then check this. | 看看这边怎么样了 |
[10:46] | You can hear it sizzling. | 你能听到滋滋作响的声音 |
[10:50] | Look at that. | 瞧瞧 |
[10:54] | No time at all. Just have a look at it. | 很快就好了 看一下 |
[10:58] | You can see the anchovies have totally, | 鳀鱼片已经全部 |
[11:00] | totally melted into nothing. | 完全地化掉了 |
[11:02] | The bacon’s crisp. | 培根焦脆 |
[11:04] | At this point, get your greens… | 现在 把蔬菜 |
[11:07] | …straight in there. | 直接放进去 |
[11:10] | Now, I’m just literally coating it in all this lovely gear. | 让蔬菜被包裹上漂亮的外衣 |
[11:13] | Even if you were just serving this as a veg dish, | 即使只是作为一道素菜 |
[11:16] | this is a fantastic way to do it. | 这样做也会很棒的 |
[11:18] | I’m cooking this in a casserole-type pan, | 我用焙盘来做 |
[11:21] | something of that ilk and that size. | 也可以选用相同类型和大小的厨具 |
[11:23] | Get four bits or enough stale toasted bread to cover the bottom. | 拿四片或者足量烤干的面包盖住锅底 |
[11:28] | And then we go nice mixture of greens here. | 然后放各种混和蔬菜 |
[11:33] | We’ve got one whole Savoy cabbage, | 我们放了一整颗皱叶甘蓝 |
[11:35] | and we’ve got cavolo nero, | 意大利甘蓝 |
[11:38] | and we’ve got some kale, purple and green, | 一些羽衣甘蓝 紫红色的和绿色的 |
[11:41] | and then we put our cheese. | 接着放奶酪 |
[11:44] | And then I put a nice bit, a sprinkling of the Fontina… | 撒上适量芳提娜干酪 |
[11:50] | …and a sprinkling of the Parmesan, | 和适量帕玛森干酪 |
[11:53] | and this is a great opportunity to have a little drizzly up | 同时正好能淋上一些 |
[11:57] | of quality extra-virgin olive oil. | 优质特级初榨橄榄油 |
[11:59] | So that goes there. A bit more bread on top. | 好了 再多放些面包盖在上面 |
[12:02] | So it’s like a lasagne. | 这像是在做千层面 |
[12:03] | But instead of pasta and mincemeat, | 不过不用意大利面和绞肉 |
[12:06] | we’re using nice garlic-rubbed bread. | 我们用抹过蒜的面包 |
[12:10] | Again, Savoy cabbage in and around. | 跟之前一样 均匀放入皱叶甘蓝 |
[12:13] | You can chop this cabbage up if you want, | 你可以把菜切小一点 |
[12:14] | but the way l always have it quite crude. | 但一般我只是大概撕碎 |
[12:17] | Fontina, and a sprinkling of the Parmesan. | 芳提娜 适量帕玛森 |
[12:23] | And then we go more bread. | 再多放些面包 |
[12:28] | Cabbage. You can tear it up a bit if you want to. | 卷心菜 可以撕小一点 |
[12:38] | Cheese. Let’s have a little bit more Fontina. | 奶酪 再多放点芳提娜干酪 |
[12:43] | Parmesan. | 帕马森干酪 |
[12:45] | Here we go, last one on top. | 就这样 最后一样盖在上面的 |
[12:47] | I’m gonna use untoasted bread for this part. | 这次我要用没烤过的面包 |
[12:50] | Push down on it like this, give it a bit of pressure. | 像这样往下压 使点劲 |
[12:52] | OK, let’s taste the stock. | 来尝一下汤的味道 |
[12:58] | Give it a stir. | 搅拌一下 |
[13:00] | It’s gone a bit dark because you | 汤的颜色会比较深 |
[13:02] | cooked the cabbage in it but it’s at least got the flavour. | 因为煮过卷心菜 至少它入味了 |
[13:05] | Pour this in there. | 把这个倒进来 |
[13:11] | There you go. And then what I’ll do, just a tiny bit of cheese. | 好了 接下来要做的是 放些奶酪 |
[13:18] | There we go. | 好了 |
[13:22] | A final bit of Parmesan. | 放点帕马森干酪 |
[13:26] | And then a good lug of extra-virgin olive oil. | 再加一些特级初榨橄榄油 |
[13:30] | A nice sprinkling of pepper. | 撒些胡椒 |
[13:32] | At this point, if you want, | 这时候 你还可以 |
[13:34] | you can just push this all into each other. | 用手按压这些食材 |
[13:37] | That’s gonna cook for about | 这个需要在180摄氏度 |
[13:39] | 40 minutes at about 180 Celsius, 350 Fahrenheit, | 即350华氏度的烤炉里加热40分钟 |
[13:43] | and it’ll go crunchy and golden on top, | 然后它会变得酥脆 表面变成金黄色 |
[13:46] | the water will suck into all the bread, | 汤汁会浸入所有的面包里 |
[13:48] | the flavours’ll mix up and it’ll be delicious. | 各种味道会混在一起 十分美味 |
[13:51] | So I’m just gonna put that at | 现在我要把这个 |
[13:53] | the back of the oven. Give it about 40 minutes. | 放在烤炉的后面 加热40分钟 |
[14:01] | Just look at that. Fantastic. It’s like a cross between a | 看看这个 棒极了 这个就像 |
[14:03] | bread and butter pudding and a French onion soup. | 牛油面包布丁和法式洋葱汤的结合 |
[14:07] | Most of that water’s cooked | 大部分的汤汁都被 |
[14:08] | into the bread now. It’s had 35, 40 minutes. | 面包吸收了 这需要35至40分钟 |
[14:11] | If it gets too much colour, | 为了防止烤糊 |
[14:13] | you can put tinfoil over the top. | 你可以在上面铺张锡纸 |
[14:15] | But look at that. Absolute lovely. | 这样就很好了 |
[14:17] | So I’ll put that there. | 我先把它放在这边 |
[14:20] | Right, so one of the classic things to go with this is a sage butter. | 和这个最配的就是鼠尾草黄油 |
[14:24] | So I’m just gonna get a nice big knob of butter straight in there. | 我要取下一大块黄油 放在这里 |
[14:29] | I’m straight in with some sage leaves. | 再放上几片鼠尾草叶 |
[14:35] | Just take the leaves off. | 摘下几片叶子即可 |
[14:37] | You want to melt that butter. Toss the sage in there. | 让黄油融化 翻一翻锅里的鼠尾草 |
[14:41] | I will put straight back in the oven. | 直接放进烤炉 |
[14:43] | It’ll take 30 seconds, 40 seconds | 加热30至40秒后 |
[14:45] | to make that raw sage leaf go to being snappy, | 鼠尾草叶就会滋滋作响 |
[14:48] | crisp and meaty and flavourous. | 变得焦脆入味 |
[14:50] | Now, let’s plate these little darlings up. | 现在摆好盘子 |
[14:54] | Don’t go thinking this is gonna be creamy soup or brothy soup. | 不要以为我们做的是浓汤或是肉汤 |
[14:58] | This is a bread soup, this is an ltalian soup with attitude. | 这是面包汤 是一种富有创意的意式汤 |
[15:01] | I’m literally gonna take a nice big clunk of this. | 我要从中挑出一大块 |
[15:07] | Look at that. | 瞧瞧 |
[15:10] | Beautiful. | 好极了 |
[15:13] | Get some of this. | 浇点汤汁 |
[15:16] | Lovely dark colour. | 多好看的颜色啊 |
[15:22] | A bit more. | 再浇点 |
[15:27] | Check the sage. | 取出鼠尾草 |
[15:31] | Then all you do, | 你要做的是 |
[15:33] | while the butter’s nice and brown, but not dark, not black, | 当黄油呈褐色 而不是黑色时 |
[15:38] | just put the sage leaves around, a little bit of that butter | 放上鼠尾草叶 浇点融化的黄油 |
[15:43] | and a little grating of Parmesan. | 再加点碎帕马森干酪 |
[15:45] | And that’s it. Look at that. | 完工了 看看 |
[15:53] | Oh, my lord. That is so good! | 我的天呐 味道好极了 |
[16:00] | 未烤的面包 橄榄油 碎奶酪 鳀鱼和培根拌蔬菜 | |
[16:05] | I felt a bit sorry for these rabbits. | 我为这些兔子感到遗憾 |
[16:08] | Cuz I love rabbits more than anything else. | 我最爱兔子了 |
[16:09] | They’re sitting there through the bars | 它们只能生活在笼子里 |
[16:10] | and looking at all these beautiful cabbages. | 然后痴痴地看着这些新鲜的卷心菜 |
[16:12] | – We keep stripping the leaves off for feeding them. – l know. | -我们会摘这些叶子喂它们 -我知道 |
[16:15] | We’ve got the first frost | 已经有过初霜 |
[16:17] | so they’re starting to have that nice wrinkle… | 这些蔬菜开始起卷 |
[16:19] | – Yeah, yeah. – …and good flavour to ’em. | -是的 -别有风味 |
[16:22] | Yeah, building up the sugars. Same with the Brussels sprouts. | 跟抱子甘蓝一样 储存了大量的糖分 |
[16:26] | Takes that bitterness away and makes them sweet. | 它们的苦味尽去 味道变甜 |
[16:28] | Do we have to take the tops off of those? | 需要把这些菜的最外层剥掉吗 |
[16:30] | Yeah, you don’t have to, but you can do. | 没必要 但也可以 |
[16:33] | If you’re a bit short on greens, you can just break the top off… | 如果蔬菜不够了 你可以折掉它的顶端 |
[16:37] | …and that’s good for… | 这有利于 |
[16:40] | Brussels tops are lovely. | 抱子甘蓝的顶端真可爱 |
[16:42] | I’m gonna do bubble and squeak | 我要做油煎土豆卷心菜 |
[16:44] | so I’ll put those in. | 所以要把这些加进去 |
[16:45] | Cavolo nero’s doing well. | 乌塌菜长得不错 |
[16:47] | Yeah, that’s really hardy stuff. | 是的 它们挺耐寒的 |
[16:49] | We’ll still be picking these in February, March, which is brilliant. | 我们还是会等到二三月再进行采摘 |
[16:53] | That’s another kale, the dark purple one. | 深紫色的那个 是羽衣甘蓝 |
[16:56] | Kale’s a funny thing, | 羽衣甘蓝挺有趣的 |
[16:58] | cuz kale is one of the | 因为它们是 |
[17:00] | oldest greens in this country, historically. | 我们国家最古老的蔬菜之一 |
[17:03] | All the imported stuff just stopped it, | 进口的蔬菜里面没有它 |
[17:06] | and this used to be the number-one veg. | 它以前可是蔬菜老大 |
[17:08] | People think of it as cattle | 人们认为它是牛的饲料 |
[17:09] | fodder or stock fodder, but it’s a good nutrient. | 或是家畜饲料 但它有很高的营养价值 |
[17:12] | So the greens are doing well. | 这些蔬菜生长得都不错 |
[17:14] | It’s gonna get towards the coldest months in the year | 快到最冷的月份了 |
[17:17] | and there’s stuff that’s gonna benefit from that cold weather. | 寒冷的天气有利于部分蔬菜的生长 |
[17:21] | Some things will stay in the ground all winter. They’re hardy. | 而有些会一直在埋在地下 非常耐寒 |
[17:24] | There’s still gonna be a load of stuff for Christmas Day. | 做圣诞大餐时 还有很多食材可供选择 |
[17:28] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[17:30] | – Good. The rabbits are happy anyway. – Yeah. | -很好 兔子们也很开心 -是啊 |
[17:46] | I’m gonna do a classic dinner | 下面我要做一道经典的菜肴 |
[17:49] | now the nights have got darker, a bit cosy, comfort food. | 现在天色已晚 需要食物来慰藉 |
[17:52] | Roast off some sausages, which I’m gonna do something special with. | 我要用一种特别的方法来烤香肠 |
[17:56] | Then l’ve got some root veg, carrots, | 然后我准备了一些根茎类蔬菜 胡萝卜 |
[17:59] | swede, turnip, parsnip, | 甘蓝 芜菁 防风根 |
[18:00] | 50% potatoes, Brussels sprouts | 小土豆 抱子甘蓝 |
[18:02] | and a little bit of Savoy cabbage in there. | 还有一些皱叶甘蓝 |
[18:04] | So, it’s a real wonderful dish | 这真是一道 |
[18:06] | that can embrace all of those lovely winter veg. | 汇聚了各种冬季蔬菜的佳肴 |
[18:09] | I’m just gonna drain them. | 我准备把它们沥干 |
[18:12] | I’ve cooked those for about 15, 20 minutes | 我用了15到20分钟 |
[18:15] | until cooked all the way through. | 把它们煮熟 |
[18:17] | In this pan | 在这个锅里 |
[18:20] | I want some olive oil, just a swig. | 我要倒点橄榄油 |
[18:25] | And then I want a nice knob of butter into there. | 然后我要取出一块黄油 放在这儿 |
[18:30] | I’ve got some vac-packed chestnuts. | 我准备了真空包装的栗子肉 |
[18:34] | If I had any lovely fresh ones, I would. | 要是有新鲜的栗子肉 就放新鲜的 |
[18:35] | But these vac-packed ones are a good cheat. | 但是这些真空包装的也可以 |
[18:38] | You can just put’ em straight into there, | 把它们直接倒进锅里 |
[18:41] | break’ em up in your fingers. | 用手掰开它们 |
[18:42] | Give’em a shake. | 摇一摇 |
[18:44] | As soon as they start to foam, | 它们一起泡沫 |
[18:46] | I go in with my winter veg straight in there. | 我就把准备好的冬季蔬菜倒进来 |
[18:52] | So get your veg in, and just break it up. | 倒入蔬菜 捣碎它们 |
[18:55] | The best thing for this is to use a potato masher | 最好是用马铃薯捣碎器 |
[18:59] | and just put your weight on it, scrunch it all up, | 利用你体重的力量来压碎它们 |
[19:02] | and you’ll get this kind of mixed colour. | 然后你会看到这样混合的颜色 |
[19:05] | As it cooks, it’ll go a little bit khaki. | 加热时 它会变得偏卡其色 |
[19:08] | So I’m gonna leave that there like that. | 让它在一边加热 |
[19:10] | I’ve bought good quality sausages. | 我买了质量很好的香肠 |
[19:13] | I’ve got a pork sausage, like a Cumberland sausage. | 我准备了猪肉肠 跟坎伯兰香肠一样 |
[19:16] | So, reasonably chunky bits of meat and herbs, | 由肉和草药制成的一节节厚实的香肠 |
[19:20] | classic recipe. | 经典配方 |
[19:22] | Obviously, I think when you go and get sausage, | 当你去买香肠时 |
[19:25] | try and get a good quality one. | 尽量挑选品质好的 |
[19:28] | Then I’ve got a beef one here, | 我还准备了一根牛肉肠 |
[19:29] | and what I’m doing is unravelling the sausage. | 我要解开这些香肠 |
[19:32] | And then, when it’s unravelled, | 解开后 |
[19:35] | just squeeze that into the gap where it came. | 把里面的肉挤到空隙处 |
[19:38] | There you go, just like that, | 就这样做 |
[19:40] | almost as if there’s not a twist in there. | 弄到里面没有结为止 |
[19:42] | Squeeze it through. | 从头到尾挤好 |
[19:46] | And once you’ve got all the little knots taken out, | 一旦你挤平了这些小结 |
[19:50] | you can just run your hands through it, just like that, | 你可以像我这样用手按压 |
[19:55] | and just flatten it out a bit. | 把它弄平 |
[19:57] | Now, what I’m kind of doing is making one giant sausage | 我现在要做一个超大的香肠 |
[20:01] | and I shall prove to you | 我会向你证明 |
[20:04] | it is worth two minutes of mucking about | 这两分钟的挤推和按压 |
[20:07] | with a butcher’s hard work. | 是很值得的 |
[20:09] | There you go. I’m just gonna put this pork one here. | 好了 我把猪肉肠放在这边 |
[20:13] | And then drizzle it | 然后在上面 |
[20:15] | with a little olive oil. | 倒点橄榄油 |
[20:18] | And massage it on both sides all over. | 然后两面都抹匀它 |
[20:22] | Give ’em a nice rub up with olive oil. | 用橄榄油给它们一个舒适的按摩 |
[20:24] | And once I’ve done that, I’m gonna get pepper… | 做完这个后 我会撒点胡椒 |
[20:29] | and season it. | 当作调味 |
[20:31] | I’m gonna get rosemary. | 我会加点迷迭香 |
[20:33] | Nice handful of rosemary like that. | 一小把迷迭香 |
[20:36] | I’m just gonna chop this up… | 把它切碎 |
[20:45] | …get my rosemary and sprinkle it all the way over. | 抓把迷迭香 均匀地撒在上面 |
[20:52] | And then a classic old English spice, nutmeg, | 然后加点英国老牌香料 肉豆蔻 |
[20:57] | which works really well with beef and pork. | 它非常适合拌牛肉和猪肉 |
[21:06] | Over like that. | 就像这样 |
[21:07] | And then I’m gonna put the beef on top, | 我把牛肉放在上面 |
[21:11] | squeeze ’em together. | 把它们挤在一起 |
[21:13] | Two sausages, happy as Larry. Look at ’em. | 两根香肠 和睦共处 瞧瞧它们 |
[21:16] | And then all I do is roll it up like a snail. | 我要把它们像蛇一样卷起来 |
[21:20] | All of a sudden, | 不一会儿 |
[21:22] | we’re making something really exciting, really interesting. | 我们做了一样很有趣的东西 |
[21:24] | Let me get a skewer, | 我去拿串肉签 |
[21:26] | and what I’ll do is | 接着我要做的是 |
[21:27] | I’ll just poke this through the sausage. | 把它们穿起来 |
[21:32] | Through like that. Like a Catherine wheel, | 就这样穿 好像轮转焰火 |
[21:34] | that’s the nearest thing I can describe it. | 我能想到的就只有这个了 |
[21:38] | All the way through, | 完全穿过去 |
[21:39] | and out the other side. Put that to one side. | 从另一边穿出来 把它放到一边 |
[21:42] | I’ve got three onions and just finely slice them. | 我准备了三颗洋葱 并把它们切片 |
[21:47] | Nothing clever about that. | 这不需要什么高超的技术 |
[21:55] | With the onions we’re gonna make the most incredible gravy. | 我们要用洋葱来做鲜美的肉汁 |
[21:58] | So in the oven, I’ve got it on | 我已将烤箱设置到了 |
[22:00] | about 220 Celsius, 430 Fahrenheit, | 220摄氏度 即430华氏度 |
[22:02] | and I’ve put a nice roasting tray in here to heat up. | 并将一个烤盘预热好了 |
[22:07] | And I want to get some olive oil in here. | 我要加点橄榄油 |
[22:13] | Give it a shake. | 摇一摇 |
[22:20] | Give it a toss. | 翻一翻 |
[22:21] | Season the onions. A little pinch of salt as opposed to later. | 给洋葱加点盐 |
[22:26] | Pinch of pepper now, | 加点胡椒 |
[22:27] | and a little knob of butter in there for flavour. | 放一小块黄油 用来调味 |
[22:31] | Give it a mix around. | 搅拌它 |
[22:32] | These onions cook with the sausage. | 这些洋葱会和香肠一起加热 |
[22:35] | That’s gonna be the base of our gravy, | 这是我们要做的肉汁的底料 |
[22:37] | which will take seconds to finish. | 几十秒就可以搞定 |
[22:39] | I’m gonna put the sausage in there. | 我要把香肠放进去 |
[22:42] | And I’m gonna get a few bay leaves, | 放几片月桂树叶 |
[22:44] | just cuz bay leaf and pork is brilliant. | 因为月桂树叶和猪肉是绝配 |
[22:47] | I’m just gonna poke them in here | 我要把它们插在这里 |
[22:50] | just like that. | 就像这样 |
[22:54] | You don’t eat the bay leaf, | 你不用去吃这些叶子 |
[22:56] | but by the time it’s cooked and it’s discoloured, | 加热后 它们会褪色 |
[22:58] | it’s done its work and perfumed it all, and that’s it. | 散发出香气 就是这样 |
[23:02] | Tiny drizzle of extra-virgin. | 加点特级初榨橄榄油 |
[23:04] | I’m gonna put this now in an oven, hot oven. | 我要把它放进预热好的烤箱中 |
[23:09] | This is on a medium heat now. | 这个在用中火加热 |
[23:12] | What I’m gonna do, if l just turn this over… | 我要把它翻个面 |
[23:16] | Can you see it colouring there? | 看到颜色的变化没 |
[23:19] | What I’ll do is every five minutes come back to this. | 我会每隔五分钟翻一次 |
[23:21] | As soon as it goes golden on the bottom side, | 只要它的底部变成金黄 |
[23:23] | I’ll turn it over and flatten it out again. | 我就会翻面 然后把它弄平 |
[23:26] | You keep doing that for about | 你不断这样翻面 |
[23:28] | the same time that it takes for these to cook, | 直到肉汁加热完毕 |
[23:30] | then I’ll show you the gravy. Beautiful. | 我要端出肉汁了 好极了 |
[23:36] | Bubble and squeak. Can you see it’s kind of overcooking? | 油煎土豆卷心菜 看出有点焦了吗 |
[23:40] | That golden crispy outside is getting folded inside, | 里外都是金黄而酥脆的 |
[23:43] | and if you listen to it… | 如果你仔细听的话 |
[23:45] | it’s bubbling and squeaking. | 它在冒泡并滋滋作响 |
[23:50] | So this is nearly done. Let’s have a look. | 这个快弄好了 看看那个 |
[23:57] | Jamified, caramelised beautiful onions. | 滋滋作响 微微发焦的洋葱 |
[24:01] | We’ve got the sausages that just look incredible, right? | 香肠加热得正好 |
[24:05] | So this is how it’s gonna work. | 下面该这么做 |
[24:09] | Sausage and juice | 流着汁的香肠 |
[24:12] | on ‘ere, right? | 放在这儿 |
[24:14] | Bubble, | 油煎土豆卷心菜 |
[24:20] | on there. | 放这儿 |
[24:22] | Tray back on ‘ere on full whack. Bring it up. | 将火开到最大 把烤盘加热 |
[24:26] | This is the quickest, most lovely gravy ever done. | 这是在最短时间内做得最美味的肉汁 |
[24:29] | A little dessertspoon of flour. Stir it in. | 加入一小匙的面粉 搅拌好 |
[24:33] | You go and buy a cheap balsamic vinegar | 准备好一瓶便宜的香醋 |
[24:36] | and I want you to put about | 你需要倒入 |
[24:38] | a quarter of this bottle in there, right? | 这个瓶子的四分之一 |
[24:41] | Then in with some vegetable stock or chicken stock. | 再倒入蔬菜汤或是鸡汤 |
[24:44] | As soon as this has come | 当它开始沸腾 |
[24:46] | to the boil and thickened, we’re ready to go. | 并变得浓稠时 就可以了 |
[24:50] | With the bubble and squeak, I want watercress. | 我想用西洋菜来配油煎土豆卷心菜 |
[24:53] | I want to dress that with some good olive oil, just a drizzle. | 倒点橄榄油 |
[24:59] | A little squeeze of lemon. | 挤点柠檬汁 |
[25:03] | A couple of drips. | 两三滴即可 |
[25:06] | And a tiny pinch of salt. I’m just gonna dress this up. | 加点盐 然后充分搅拌 |
[25:10] | Lovely fresh, zingy watercress. | 多新鲜的西洋菜啊 |
[25:13] | Lovely, beautiful, intense bubble and squeak. | 多美味的油煎土豆卷心菜啊 |
[25:16] | And then all I do is pour this gravy. | 我要把肉汁倒出来 |
[25:21] | Pour that into my bowl. | 倒进我的碗里 |
[25:25] | Beautiful. | 好极了 |
[25:27] | And all I do is take this out. | 然后把肉签抽出来 |
[25:34] | Slice your sausage like that. | 把香肠切片 |
[25:38] | Get a nice wadge of your lovely bubble and squeak. | 取一块油煎土豆卷心菜 |
[25:44] | Take a load of that beautiful roasted sausage. | 放几节烤肠 |
[25:51] | Some of that lovely onion gravy. | 浇些洋葱肉汁 |
[26:05] | Nice. | 好极了 |