时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | That’s me. Jane Quimby. | 这就是我 简·昆比 |
[00:07] | My life is a little complicated right now. | 我现在的生活有一点复杂 |
[00:09] | I landed my fashion dream job working for her, | 我梦寐以求的时尚工作是效力于她 |
[00:11] | Gray Chandler Murray. | 格雷·钱德勒·莫里 |
[00:12] | The only problem, they think I’m an adult. | 唯一的问题是 他们以为我成年了 |
[00:15] | Now I am juggling two secret lives, | 现在我游走于两种生活中 |
[00:17] | one in high school and one in high fashion. | 一种在高中学校 一种在高级时尚界 |
[00:20] | Previously on Jane by Design… | 《设计人生》前情回顾… |
[00:22] | Nick and I had this moment at the dance | 尼克和我跳舞的时候有一瞬间 |
[00:23] | where something might’ve happened between us. | 也许是什么火花在我俩间绽放 |
[00:25] | You know, something real. | 很真实的火花 |
[00:26] | And now it’s just gone. | 现在却没了 |
[00:28] | He hasn’t spoken to me once since that dance. | 那次跳舞后他再也没跟我说过话 |
[00:31] | It’s just I’m having these feelings about… | 只是我有些感觉是关于… |
[00:33] | – Okay, Ben? – Yeah? | -够了 本 -怎么了 |
[00:34] | Ben, I’m not your counselor, or your therapist. | 本 我不是你的咨询或者心理医生 |
[00:36] | I have work to do. | 我还有工作要做 |
[00:37] | Your office hours are part time | 你的工作时间是兼职的 |
[00:39] | because my work keeps me on the road. | 是因为我的工作总是在旅行 |
[00:41] | But make no mistake about it. I expect perfection. | 但是别犯错 我期待的是完美表现 |
[00:44] | I was thinking you and I should go on a proper date though, yeah? | 我想咱俩应该有个正式约会 怎么样 |
[00:46] | Mmm, I don’t think so. | 我不这么想 |
[00:48] | I demand an explanation. | 给我个解释 |
[00:49] | I guess I’m in a buy American sort of mood. | 我的意思是我只想买美国货 |
[00:52] | Jane Quimby, you are breaking my heart. | 简·昆比 你让我心碎了 |
[00:54] | Hardly. | 不好说吧 |
[00:55] | I miss you. I screwed up everything, Billy, | 我想你 我搞砸了一切 比利 |
[00:57] | and I’m so sorry. | 对不起 |
[00:58] | I just wanna be with you. I don’t care who knows. | 我只想和你在一起 我不在乎谁知道 |
[01:01] | I just wish you’d give me another… | 希望你能再给我一次… |
[01:07] | I have to tell Jane. | 我得告诉简 |
[01:15] | When we look back at the iconic styles | 当我们回顾过去几十年 |
[01:17] | that have defined entire decades, | 的经典设计时 |
[01:19] | we all have a similar reaction. | 我们都会有同样的反应 |
[01:22] | We cringe. | 我们会畏缩 |
[01:24] | That cute outfit you love today | 今天你喜欢的漂亮衣服 |
[01:26] | will ultimately be the victim of three little words, | 最终会成为三个字的牺牲品 |
[01:29] | “Out of style.” | “过时了” |
[01:32] | So how do the truly great designers stay relevant? | 真正优秀的设计师是如何紧随潮流的呢 |
[01:36] | They keep us guessing. | 他们让我们充满好奇 |
[01:38] | They keep us surprised. | 他们让我们惊喜不断 |
[02:11] | – Hey, Janey. – Don’t say it. | -嗨 小简 -别说了 |
[02:13] | Don’t say what? | 别说什么 |
[02:14] | I already know what you’re gonna say. | 我知道你要说什么 |
[02:16] | I highly doubt that. | 我才不信 |
[02:18] | You want to complain about your recent devotion to back seat status. | 你想抱怨最近总要坐车后排 |
[02:21] | But I have good news. | 但我有好消息 |
[02:23] | Ben is driving himself to school today. | 本今天自己开车去学校 |
[02:25] | So, you are back in the front seat where you belong. | 所以今天你回到属于你的前排了 |
[02:27] | That’s great, Jane, I need to talk to you about. | 好极了 简 我还有事要跟你谈谈 |
[02:31] | So serious. | 很严肃嘛 |
[02:33] | Yeah, I kinda… | 是的 我有点… |
[02:34] | Look, I don’t know how to say this, | 我不知道怎么说 |
[02:36] | so I’m just gonna come around and say it. I’ve been seeing… | 我就直说了 我一直在和… |
[02:38] | It’s Gray. Hang on. | 格雷的电话 等一下 |
[02:41] | Good morning, Gray. | 早上好 格雷 |
[02:42] | I’m in London, Jane. | 我在伦敦 简 |
[02:44] | – How is it? – Not morning. | -怎么样 -这里不是早晨 |
[02:45] | Oh, right. | 哦对 |
[02:46] | – Good evening? – Close enough. | -晚上好吗 -差不多了 |
[02:48] | I need to prep you on Miyoko Sato. | 关于美代子·佐藤我得跟你通通气 |
[02:50] | Are you familiar with her? | 你熟悉她吗 |
[02:52] | Of course. Editor in Chief of Modern Empress. | 当然 《摩登女王》的总编 |
[02:55] | Japan’s premier fashion magazine. | 日本高端时尚杂志 |
[02:56] | And she’ll be on the office today, to review our new collection. | 她今天会去办公室 点评我们的新系列 |
[03:00] | Do you know how many times | 你知道多诺万·德克尔上过几次 |
[03:01] | Donovan Decker has been featured in Modern Empress? | 《摩登女王》杂志吗 |
[03:03] | Never. Not once. | 一次都没有 |
[03:06] | This is a very important meeting, Jane. | 这次会面非常重要 简 |
[03:08] | Whatever the woman wants, you get it for her. Understood? | 不管那女人要什么你都要满足她 懂吗 |
[03:10] | Yes. I’ll keep her happy. | 明白 我会让她高兴的 |
[03:12] | Miyoko Sato is incapable of emotions like happiness. | 美代子·佐藤从来不会高兴的 |
[03:16] | Imagine the most difficult, demanding person you’ve ever met. | 你就当她是你遇到过最难缠苛刻的人吧 |
[03:19] | Can you do that? | 你能行吗 |
[03:21] | I think I can. | 我可以 |
[03:22] | After today, that person would fall to number two on your list. | 今天以后 她才是你的第一要务了 |
[03:26] | The likes, dislikes, allergies, hobbies, habits.. | 喜欢 厌恶 过敏 爱好 习惯 |
[03:30] | I think I’ve got it all. | 我想这些我都了解了 |
[03:31] | I’m depending on you, Jane. | 我就指望你了 简 |
[03:33] | If we don’t make it into Modern Empress this year, | 要是我们今年上不了《摩登女王》 |
[03:35] | Donovan’s gonna make some major changes at the top. | 多诺万的高层就要有大变动了 |
[03:38] | – And I would like to avoid that. – I understand. | -我可不想那样 -我明白 |
[03:40] | – You can count on me. – I sure hope so. | -你不会失望的 -希望如此 |
[03:43] | So, about what I wanted to tell you. | 我要跟你说的事 |
[03:45] | Don’t turn around. Incoming. | 别转身 有人来了 |
[03:50] | Okay, Janey, here’s the deal… | 小简 这么说吧… |
[03:52] | Can we help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[03:54] | What do you want, Lulu? | 你想怎么样 露露 |
[03:56] | Just this. | 就这样 |
[04:00] | I can explain. | 听我解释 |
[04:02] | You can explain? | 你可以解释吗 |
[04:06] | This is not happening. | 这不是真的吧 |
[04:08] | No, Janey, wait… No. Please! | 不 小简 等一下 求你了 |
[04:11] | Oh, you didn’t tell her yet? | 你还没告诉她吗 |
[04:13] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[04:26] | – Janey. – Go away. | -小简 -走开 |
[04:27] | Not until you talk to me. | 除非你跟我谈谈 |
[04:32] | How long? | 有多久了 |
[04:34] | You want to talk, then let’s talk, Billy. | 你想谈谈 那我们谈谈 比利 |
[04:37] | How long has this, whatever it is, been going on? | 不管是什么乱七八糟的 这事有多久了 |
[04:42] | I’ve been dating Lulu for a few months. | 我和露露约会有几个月了 |
[04:47] | You’ve been doing Lulu for a few months? | 你都上露露好几个月了吗 |
[04:50] | I said dating. | 我是说约会 |
[04:53] | I read between the lines. | 我领会了你的意思 |
[05:11] | Mr. Nutter. | 纳特先生 |
[05:14] | That sound you just heard was your cue to sit down. | 你刚才听到的声音是叫你坐下 |
[05:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:19] | Okay, people. Wuthering Heights. | 同学们 《呼啸山庄》 |
[05:21] | Emily Bronte’s first and only novel. | 是艾米莉·勃朗特的首部 也是唯一一部小说 |
[05:24] | I’m sure everyone here read it cover to cover. | 我相信在座各位都完整地读过了 |
[05:29] | Wow. I can feel the excitement in the room. | 我能感觉到教室里的激情 |
[05:32] | So, thoughts? | 有什么感想 |
[05:36] | It’s okay. Feel free to jump right in. | 没关系的 踊跃发言吧 |
[05:38] | Nothing? Okay. | 没有吗 好吧 |
[05:40] | Harper. What did you think? | 哈珀 你是怎么想的 |
[05:42] | I started reading it, but then it got super boring | 我读了开头 然后非常无聊 |
[05:45] | so I kinda stopped reading it. | 然后我就不读了 |
[05:49] | Okay. Did anyone keep reading it? | 好吧 有没有人接着读了 |
[05:54] | It’s about betrayal. | 这本书是关于背叛的 |
[05:57] | That’s an interesting interpretation, Jane. | 这是个很有趣的解读 简 |
[05:59] | Can you give us an example? | 你能举个例子吗 |
[06:00] | The two main characters, Heathcliff and Catherine, | 两位主人公 希斯克里夫和凯瑟琳 |
[06:04] | are friends from childhood | 从小就是朋友 |
[06:05] | who tell each other everything. | 他们无话不说 |
[06:06] | What ultimately drove them apart? | 那最终是什么把他们分开了 |
[06:09] | Well, one day out of the blue, | 有一天 很突然 |
[06:12] | Heathcliff just decided to stab Catherine in the back. | 希斯克里夫决定在背后捅凯瑟琳一刀 |
[06:17] | I don’t remember that chapter. | 我不记得是哪一章了 |
[06:18] | The theme of the book is forgiveness. | 这本书的主题是关于宽恕的 |
[06:20] | I’d argue that it’s more the consequences of… | 我觉得更多的是… |
[06:22] | recognizing that people make mistakes. | 认识到人都会犯错 |
[06:25] | And by mistake, what I meant was | 这里的犯错我指的是 |
[06:28] | the chapter where the guy character | 有一章写到主人公 |
[06:29] | doesn’t tell his best friend the truth about everything. | 没有将所有事实真相告诉他的密友 |
[06:32] | He regrets that. | 他很内疚 |
[06:34] | Well, none of that matters in the end, | 所有那些最终都不重要 |
[06:36] | because it’s obvious their entire friendship was nothing but a lie. | 因为很明显他们之间的友谊只是谎言而已 |
[06:40] | That’s not true. | 不是那样的 |
[06:44] | Right. Okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[06:47] | I’m not sure which CliffsNotes version you two read, but… | 我不清楚你俩读的是哪个版本 但是 |
[06:53] | Let’s move on. Shall we? | 我们继续上课吧 怎么样 |
[06:54] | Great. | 很好 |
[06:59] | Hey, Coach, you wanted to see me? | 教练 你找我吗 |
[07:01] | Nick. My man. Come on in. | 尼克 好小子 进来吧 |
[07:05] | Check it out. Pretty impressive, huh? | 看这个 很牛吧 |
[07:07] | – Is that your old jersey? – Yeah. Numero 15. | -你以前的球衣吗 -对 15号 |
[07:09] | Don’t worry. | 别着急 |
[07:10] | You keep doing what you’re doing, | 你继续好好表现 |
[07:12] | they might retire your jersey and hang it on one of these walls. | 他们会让你的球衣退役挂在这些墙上 |
[07:14] | I didn’t know they retired your jersey. | 我不知道你的球衣退役了 |
[07:16] | Well, they didn’t exactly retire it. | 确切的说并不是退役了 |
[07:18] | Doesn’t Sanders wear 15? | 桑德斯不是穿的15号吗 |
[07:19] | Yeah, I’m working on it. | 是 我还在想办法 |
[07:20] | Look, I wanted to talk to you about Wrightsville coming up next week. | 我想跟你谈谈下周和赖茨维尔比赛的事 |
[07:22] | It’s a big game for us. | 这是场重要的比赛 |
[07:24] | Yeah. They’re pretty good. | 是啊 他们很不错 |
[07:25] | They’re really good. But we’re better. | 他们是很不错 不过我们更厉害 |
[07:27] | As long as the team has your full focus. | 只要你能一直专心于球队 |
[07:29] | Where else would my focus be? | 我还能专心什么别的呢 |
[07:31] | You seemed pretty distracted at practice yesterday. | 你昨天的训练看起来就有些心不在焉 |
[07:34] | And we’re moving into the toughest stretch of the season. | 我们即将迎来本赛季最艰难的考验 |
[07:36] | I just wanna check in, check your head. Make sure everything was okay. | 我只是想问问你 确定一切都没问题 |
[07:40] | Yeah. Yeah, I’m good. | 没有 我很好 |
[07:43] | You know actually, I’ve kinda had a lot on my mind lately. | 其实我最近想的很多 |
[07:45] | Mind if I sit? | 介意我坐下吗 |
[07:47] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[07:48] | No. Go ahead. | 不介意 坐吧 |
[07:49] | It’s just… | 只是… |
[07:50] | I don’t know. | 我不知道怎么说 |
[07:52] | I’ve been feeling this pressure | 我一直都能感觉到 |
[07:54] | from my parents, my friends, my teammates. | 我的父母 朋友 队友给我的压力 |
[07:58] | It’s just… | 就是… |
[07:59] | I don’t know. It’s hard to live up to those expectations. | 我不知怎么说 顶着他们的期望去生活很难 |
[08:03] | I don’t know, I was thinking maybe I should… | 我在想我是不是该… |
[08:05] | No. Hold that thought. Follow me. | 等等 别想了 跟我来 |
[08:07] | -Where we going? – Not far. | -我们去哪 -不远 |
[08:10] | This one’s for you. | 这位让给你了 |
[08:11] | – But I just thought… – See you at practice. | -当我刚才还想… -训练时见 |
[08:19] | They don’t bite. | 他们不咬人的 |
[08:20] | Well, I heard Harper does, | 我听说哈珀咬人 |
[08:22] | but apparently guys like that. | 但是显然男孩们喜欢这口 |
[08:26] | You all know Billy. Right? | 比利不用我介绍了吧 |
[08:30] | So are you guys like officially official? | 这么说你们俩正式地来真的了吗 |
[08:31] | Uh, I guess. | 应该是吧 |
[08:33] | We didn’t sign anything. | 我们也没签什么声明 |
[08:35] | You look familiar. How do I know you? | 你看着很眼熟 我们认识吗 |
[08:38] | Really, Cam? | 不是吧 卡姆 |
[08:39] | Billy’s been going to school with us since the third grade. | 从三年级开始比利就和我们是同学了 |
[08:41] | We were lab partners once. | 我们还有一次一起做过实验 |
[08:43] | We dissected a frog. | 我们一起解剖的青蛙 |
[08:45] | I remember you enjoyed it. | 我记得你当时很开心 |
[08:47] | Probably a little more than you should’ve. | 开心得有点过头了 |
[08:49] | No. That’s not it. | 不对 不是那样 |
[08:51] | Oh, wait. | 等等 |
[08:52] | Did your brother steal my brother’s car a few years ago? | 几年前你哥是不是偷过我哥的车 |
[08:55] | Probably. | 可能吧 |
[08:57] | Sorry about that. | 不好意思 |
[09:09] | Go ahead. | 去吧 |
[09:17] | Did you guys just break up? | 你俩刚才分手了吗 |
[09:23] | Janey! | 小简 |
[09:29] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[09:30] | You’re sorry? | 你对不起吗 |
[09:33] | For which part? | 对不起什么 |
[09:34] | I should’ve told you the truth. | 我该早点和你坦白的 |
[09:36] | – But you didn’t. – But I wanted to. | -可你没有 -我一直都想说的 |
[09:37] | We just… | 我们… |
[09:40] | We didn’t know what it was at first. | 我们一开始也不确定这是什么关系 |
[09:41] | We? Who, you and Lulu? | 哪个我们 你和露露吗 |
[09:44] | God! Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds? | 天啊 你知道这听起来有多荒唐吗 |
[09:47] | See? That’s why I couldn’t tell you. | 看 这就是我开不了口的原因 |
[09:49] | I knew you wouldn’t understand. | 我就知道你不会理解的 |
[09:51] | You never gave me a chance to understand. | 你都不说 我怎么理解 |
[09:53] | And now it’s too late. | 现在已经太晚了 |
[09:54] | Don’t say that. All right? I’m gonna fix this. | 别这么说 我能弥补的 |
[09:57] | I just want you to leave me alone. | 你让我一个人静静吧 |
[10:01] | I can’t do this without you, Janey. | 我不能没有你 小简 |
[10:03] | Do what? | 为什么 |
[10:04] | This. All of it. | 这些 我无法独自承担一切 |
[10:07] | I’m sure you’ll be fine. | 我肯定你没事的 |
[10:10] | Besides, you have a seat at the popular table now. | 况且你刚才已经坐上了那张桌子 |
[10:13] | Come on. You know me. | 拜托 你了解我的 |
[10:15] | I thought I did. | 我原以为是了解你的 |
[10:27] | 多诺万·德克尔 纽约 洛杉矶 巴黎 | |
[10:28] | It’s here. T-minus three minutes. | 终于来了 倒计时还有三分钟 |
[10:30] | Take cover. the first attack. | 注意隐蔽 第一波攻击要来了 |
[10:32] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[10:37] | Miyoko Sato? | 美代子·佐藤来了吗 |
[10:38] | Shh. Don’t say the name out loud. | 嘘 别大声喊她名字 |
[10:40] | What? | 怎么了 |
[10:42] | Well, I’ve just never seen you nervous. | 我从没见你这么紧张过 |
[10:43] | I mean, Miyoko can’t be that bad, can she? | 美代子没那么恐怖吧 |
[10:46] | Jane. | 简 |
[10:47] | This woman holds this company’s future in the palm of her hand. | 这个女人掌控着公司的未来 |
[10:50] | Donovan Decker told me that getting into Modern Empress this year | 多诺万·德克尔说上《摩登女王》 |
[10:52] | is our highest priority. | 是今年的首要目标 |
[10:54] | You spoke to Donovan? | 你和多诺万说话了吗 |
[10:56] | Well, not directly. It was in a memo… to Gray. | 没有直接说 我看到了给格雷的备忘 |
[11:03] | The truth is I’ve never actually met Donovan Decker. | 其实我也没见过多诺万·德克尔 |
[11:05] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[11:05] | Could we just focus on Miyoko Sato? Okay? | 我们还是集中精神应付美代子·佐藤吧 |
[11:08] | She is vicious. She is cruel. | 她尖酸刻薄 手段残忍 |
[11:10] | And she is impossible to please and… | 要取悦她简直比登天还难 而且… |
[11:27] | I speak English. | 我会说英语 |
[11:29] | Of course you do. I was just… | 当然 我只是… |
[11:31] | Trying to impress me. | 你只是想要打动我是吧 |
[11:33] | I don’t respond to charm. I find it quite irritating. | 耍宝对我没用 我觉得那很讨厌 |
[11:38] | Fair enough. You know. | 好吧 |
[11:39] | Welcome to Donovan Decker. | 欢迎来到多诺万·德克尔 |
[11:42] | Let me give you the grand tour. | 我带您参观一下吧 |
[11:43] | I’ve seen enough. | 我已经看够了 |
[11:45] | Well I hope not, because… | 希望不是 因为… |
[11:48] | We have an incredible new collection… | 我们这一新系列可以说无与伦比… |
[11:50] | It can wait. | 等等吧 |
[11:52] | First I need an office, a phone, and some privacy. | 先给我间办公室 手机和一些私人空间 |
[11:56] | Of course. We just need to find you a suitable… | 当然 我们找找看… |
[12:00] | Actually, Gray is out of town. | 其实格雷没在 |
[12:02] | I suppose you could use her office. Jane? | 您可以用她的办公室 简 |
[12:04] | Um. I’m not sure that Gray would… | 我不知道格雷… |
[12:07] | mind at all. | 肯定不介意的 |
[12:09] | Right this way. | 这边请 |
[12:12] | – Miyoko, this is… – I’m Jane. | -美代子 这位是… -我是简 |
[12:14] | This is Jane. | 这位是简 |
[12:15] | Whatever you need today, just ask me and I’ll take care of it. | 您今天有任何需要 尽管吩咐我来处理 |
[12:17] | Whatever you need today, just ask her and she will take care of it. | 您今天有任何需要 尽管吩咐她来处理 |
[12:19] | – Are you her translator? – No. | -你是她的翻译吗 -不是 |
[12:21] | No. | 不是 |
[12:22] | I want you to go away. | 我想你走开吧 |
[12:23] | And I want you to get me some food. | 你去给我弄点吃的 |
[12:25] | Of course. What would you like? | 当然 您想吃点什么 |
[12:27] | Something vegan, | 素点的 |
[12:29] | but I don’t want it to be too vegan. That’s boring. | 也别太素 太素了不好吃 |
[12:32] | Get me something half vegan. | 给我来点半素的吧 |
[12:37] | I’m not sure what half vegan means. | 我不确定半素是什么意思 |
[12:44] | She’s kidding. | 她说笑呢 |
[12:45] | That sounds delicious. | 半素听起来就很可口 |
[12:48] | Why are you still here? | 你怎么还在这 |
[12:54] | Half vegan? | 半素吗 |
[12:54] | What is half vegan? | 什么是半素 |
[12:56] | I was hoping you’d know. | 我还以为你知道呢 |
[12:58] | Yeah. I don’t think that exists. | 我觉得没那种东西 |
[13:00] | Can I see a menu? | 给我看下菜单 |
[13:03] | Yeah. | 给 |
[13:07] | Secret sauce? What’s in that? | 秘制酱汁 里面都有什么 |
[13:09] | It’s a secret. | 是秘制的 |
[13:10] | Um, is it fully vegan? | 是全素的吗 |
[13:14] | Just give me some of that. | 给我来点那个 |
[13:15] | So, no food? | 不要饭吗 |
[13:17] | No. Just the sauce. | 不用 就要酱汁 |
[13:19] | And I’ll get something a little less vegan on the way back. | 回去路上我再弄点不太素的东西 |
[13:21] | We don’t sell just the sauce. | 我们不单卖酱汁 |
[13:24] | Okay. How about this. | 好吧 要不这样 |
[13:27] | Just give me an order of whatever it is that you put that sauce on, | 给我随便来点儿带酱汁的东西 |
[13:30] | and then instead of pouring it on the food, pour it in a To-Go cup. | 把酱汁单独打包 不要淋上去 |
[13:35] | So, no food? | 那么还是不要饭吗 |
[13:53] | – Did you find it? – I improvised. | -你买到了吗 -我即兴发挥了 |
[13:59] | What took you so long? | 怎么去那么久 |
[14:01] | There was a long line at the half vegan restaurant. | 半素餐厅排队人非常多 |
[14:05] | People love this stuff. | 人们都爱死这东西了 |
[14:21] | Enjoy. | 请用膳 |
[14:23] | I’m ready to see the collection now. | 我现在想去看看新系列 |
[14:36] | Predictable. | 意料之中 |
[14:39] | Derivative. | 缺乏创意 |
[14:43] | No comment necessary. | 不值一评 |
[14:47] | And this is | 这件倒是 |
[14:48] | priceless. | 无价 |
[14:51] | Meaning there is no price I would pay for it. | 我的意思是我不会花钱买的 |
[14:54] | Okay then, are we done here? | 好吧 已经完了吗 |
[14:56] | Actually, no. There is one more. | 没有 其实还有一件 |
[14:59] | We saved the best for last. | 最好的我们都放在了最后 |
[15:01] | That’s not saying much. | 那并不能说明什么 |
[15:03] | Right. | 对 |
[15:04] | Well, this is a design I’m particularly proud of, | 这是一件我尤其引以为豪的设计 |
[15:08] | and I think it would look perfect | 用作《摩登女王》的封面 |
[15:09] | on the cover of Modern Empress. | 最完美不过了 |
[15:20] | What did she say? | 她说什么 |
[15:24] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[15:27] | Better luck next year. | 祝你明年好运 |
[15:46] | Say it. | 有话快说 |
[15:47] | What? | 什么 |
[15:48] | It’s obvious something is on your mind. | 显然你有话要说 |
[15:53] | I respect your opinion. I really, really do. | 我尊重您的意见 非常非常尊重 |
[16:00] | But I think this collection is something new. | 但是我觉得这一系列很有新意 |
[16:03] | It’s different. | 与众不同 |
[16:06] | And? | 然后呢 |
[16:08] | And… | 然后… |
[16:11] | it’s just… | 其实 |
[16:14] | Donovan Decker took risks with this collection. | 多诺万·德克尔这一系列大胆创新 |
[16:17] | They didn’t play it safe. | 打破常规 |
[16:19] | And isn’t that what we should be looking for in fashion? | 这不就是我们追求时尚的初衷吗 |
[16:23] | To be surprised? | 充满惊喜 |
[16:29] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[16:31] | That’s all I wanted to say. | 我想说的就这些了 |
[16:41] | Tell Jeremy to meet me tomorrow night at La Petite Grenouille. | 叫杰里米明晚在小格雷诺耶见我 |
[16:45] | 8:30 8:30. | |
[16:47] | And remind him to leave his irritating charm at home. | 提醒他把烦人的耍宝放在家里 |
[17:02] | – Hey, Ben. – Honest opinion. How does this look? | -本 -说实话这看起来怎么样 |
[17:09] | Do I even want to ask? | 你觉得我想问吗 |
[17:11] | I just told you to steal base. | 我刚才是在告诉你去偷垒 |
[17:13] | Working on some new hand signals for the game next week. | 我在为下周比赛想些新手势 |
[17:15] | Check it out. Check it out. | 快看 快看 |
[17:16] | Ben, I’m really tired. | 本 我很累了 |
[17:20] | See the difference? It was subtle. | 看出差别了吗 都是细微之处 |
[17:22] | That’s great. | 很不错了 |
[17:26] | Wanna talk about it? | 想谈谈吗 |
[17:28] | Talk about what? | 谈什么 |
[17:29] | The new “It” couple in school? | 学校里那对新情侣”话题” |
[17:33] | You heard about Billy and Lulu? | 你听说比利和露露的事了吗 |
[17:35] | Of course I did. I’m dialed in. | 当然 我消息灵通 |
[17:37] | So you overheard it somewhere. | 你碰巧听到了吧 |
[17:39] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -对 -我想也是 |
[17:44] | He lied to me for months. | 几个月来他一直撒谎骗我 |
[17:46] | He’s in high school. He likes a girl. | 他是高中生 他喜欢姑娘 |
[17:48] | Please don’t take his side. | 别替他说话 |
[17:50] | I’m not taking sides. | 我没替谁说话 |
[17:52] | I know how important Billy is to you. | 我知道比利对你有多重要 |
[17:53] | And I know how important you are to him. | 我也明白你对他有多重要 |
[17:56] | You’ll get through it. | 你会想明白的 |
[17:59] | I appreciate you trying, Ben. | 谢谢你试图安慰我 本 |
[18:01] | But you have no idea what my life is like right now. | 但你不知道我现在的生活是啥样的 |
[18:05] | I mean, my best friend is secretly dating a girl | 我最好的朋友偷偷地和 |
[18:09] | that’s made my life hell since middle school. | 我中学以来的死敌约会 |
[18:11] | And to top it all off the guy I have a major crush on | 更惨的是我特别喜欢的那人 |
[18:15] | hasn’t spoken to me in over a week. | 已经一周多都没理我了 |
[18:16] | And who might that be? | 那人是谁 |
[18:21] | It doesn’t matter. He obviously hates me. | 不重要了 很显然他讨厌我 |
[18:24] | Look, Janey. I understand. | 听着 小简 我理解的 |
[18:27] | You might think I don’t, | 也许你觉得我不理解 |
[18:29] | but it wasn’t that long ago that I was in high school. | 但我高中毕业也没多久 |
[18:32] | But it’s different. | 情况不同的 |
[18:34] | You were the star jock, not the girl pining for the star jock. | 你是运动明星 不是追在后面的小女生 |
[18:38] | Nick Fadden. | 尼克·法登 |
[18:40] | You’re talking about Nick Fadden. | 你说的是尼克·法登 |
[18:42] | Like I said, it doesn’t matter. | 我说过了 不重要了 |
[18:44] | Wait. | 等等 |
[18:48] | You should go to the baseball field. | 你该去趟棒球场 |
[18:54] | Why would I do that? | 我为啥要去 |
[19:07] | That was a solid double. | 那是个二垒安打 |
[19:10] | That was a home run. | 那是全垒打 |
[19:12] | No way. Not enough trajectory. | 不可能 飞行距离还不够 |
[19:16] | You think you can do any better? | 你觉得自己能打得更好吗 |
[19:18] | As a matter of fact I don’t. | 说实话我不能 |
[19:22] | But I’m willing to try. | 但我愿意试试 |
[19:25] | All right, you’re up. | 好吧 你来 |
[19:37] | I’m just warming up here. | 我正热身呢 |
[19:39] | I can see that. | 看得出来 |
[19:43] | Next time, just a thought, maybe you should | 我就是说说 下次你也许该 |
[19:46] | Swing the bat. | 挥棒 |
[19:47] | Oh. I’ll swing when I’m ready. | 我准备好自然会的 |
[19:51] | Well, good thing you were ready there. | 你准备好了 不错嘛 |
[19:56] | So, you gonna tell me why you ditched me at the dance last week? | 你想说说为什么上周舞会放我鸽子吗 |
[20:00] | You think I ditched you? | 你觉得是我放你鸽子了吗 |
[20:03] | Well, you disappeared. | 你消失了啊 |
[20:05] | I came back. | 我又回去了 |
[20:07] | I had to do this thing for my internship | 有实习的事我必须得去 |
[20:10] | and I got a little held up, but I did come back. | 后来有点麻烦 但我又回去了 |
[20:15] | You were already gone. | 可你已经走了 |
[20:18] | I’m really sorry I missed it. | 很抱歉我错过了 |
[20:22] | Maybe I could make it up to you sometime? | 也许什么时候我可以弥补你 |
[20:26] | Buy you a coffee or something? | 请你喝咖啡什么的 |
[20:28] | I’d like that. | 我很乐意 |
[20:30] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[20:33] | What about tomorrow night? | 明晚怎么样 |
[20:35] | Tomorrow I can’t. | 明天不行 |
[20:37] | I have practice. | 我得训练 |
[20:39] | You know, big game coming up. | 你知道 马上就是重要比赛了 |
[20:42] | Right. | 好的 |
[20:42] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[20:45] | I’m gonna get back out there. | 我还是回那边吧 |
[20:50] | Here. | 来 |
[20:55] | Widen your stance a little bit. | 稍站开一点 |
[20:56] | Elbow up. | 手肘抬高 |
[20:58] | There you go. | 就是这样 |
[21:00] | A bit higher. | 再高一点 |
[21:02] | All right. | 好 |
[21:15] | That was a home run. | 这可是个本垒打呢 |
[21:20] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[21:22] | We should definitely do that coffee thing soon. | 我们一定要一起去喝咖啡 越快越好 |
[21:32] | It took me a few pitches,but I got the hang of it. | 开始几投一般 但是我很快掌握了诀窍 |
[21:34] | You would’ve been proud. | 你看到的话会为我骄傲的 |
[21:35] | Apparently I have a natural swing. | 我绝对是天生的击球好手 |
[21:37] | Well, of course. You’re a Quimby. | 那当然了 你可是咱昆比家人 |
[21:39] | Nick’s a really good batting coach. | 尼克是很棒的击球教练 |
[21:41] | Whoa. Back up. Batting coach? | 等等 击球教练 |
[21:44] | Yeah. He taught me how to bat. | 是啊 他教我怎么击球 |
[21:45] | I taught you how to bat. | 是我教你怎么击球的 |
[21:46] | – When? – When you were six. | -什么时候 -你六岁那年 |
[21:48] | I don’t remember that. | 我不记得了 |
[21:49] | Wiffle ball? Backyard? | 是威浮球 在后院 |
[21:51] | Jane, I gave you that swing. | 简 你的击球是我教出来的 |
[21:54] | Thank you? | 要说谢谢吗 |
[21:56] | You’re the one that told me to go to the batting cages. | 不是你让我去棒球练习场的吗 |
[21:59] | I was trying to cheer you up. | 我是想让你高兴起来 |
[22:00] | Well, it worked. | 很有效果 |
[22:09] | Can I give you some brotherly advice? | 作为兄长 能给你点忠告吗 |
[22:12] | I’d rather you didn’t. | 最好不要 |
[22:13] | Just go talk to him. | 去跟他谈谈吧 |
[22:18] | I’ll see you later, Ben. | 待会儿见了 本 |
[22:31] | Hey, you weren’t popular in high school. | 你上高中那会儿不怎么受欢迎是吧 |
[22:34] | Are you asking me or reminding me? | 你这是问我呢还是提醒我 |
[22:37] | I’m worried about Jane. | 我是担心简 |
[22:38] | You need to work on your segues. | 你需要提高下引入话题的技巧 |
[22:41] | She’s not the most popular girl around here. | 她在学校不是很受欢迎啊 |
[22:43] | Maybe she doesn’t buy into the whole popularity thing? | 也许她对是否受欢迎不感兴趣 |
[22:46] | She’s a lot like I was in high school. | 她跟我高中时候很像 |
[22:48] | That’s what worries me. | 这正是我担心的 |
[22:49] | Thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[22:50] | No, no, no. I didn’t mean it like that. I just… | 不 我不是那个意思 我只是… |
[22:55] | You must’ve hated high school. Yeah? | 你一定很讨厌高中吧 |
[22:57] | I didn’t hate it. | 说不上讨厌 |
[22:59] | But the nicknames made the experience unpleasant. | 不过绰号的事的确让高中经历不太愉快 |
[23:04] | But I wouldn’t change it. | 但是我并不想改变过去的经历 |
[23:06] | All of that made me stronger. | 那些挫折让我变得更加坚强 |
[23:08] | It made me who I am today. | 让我成长为今天的我 |
[23:09] | And I think I turned out okay. | 我觉得现在的我挺不错 |
[23:12] | You certainly did. | 的确如此 |
[23:16] | And so will Jane. | 对简来说也是一样 |
[23:18] | Yeah, but what about now? She’s not happy. | 但是现在怎么办 她不快乐 |
[23:20] | It’s high school, Ben. Nobody’s happy. | 本 这是高中 没有人快乐 |
[23:27] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[23:35] | This is my office. | 这儿才是我办公室 |
[23:43] | This totally sucks. | 这太无聊了 |
[23:44] | I mean, why are we drawing fruit anyways? | 为什么我们要画水果 |
[23:46] | Real artists don’t draw fruit. | 真正的艺术家才不画水果 |
[23:48] | What do real artists draw? | 真正的艺术家画什么 |
[23:50] | Nudes. | 裸体 |
[23:52] | Nudes? | 裸体 |
[23:53] | Naked people. | 全裸的人啊 |
[23:54] | I know what nude means. | 我知道裸体什么意思 |
[23:55] | You want them to bring in a naked guy for us to draw? | 你想让他们找个裸体小伙儿给我们画 |
[23:58] | Or a girl. I don’t discriminate. | 或者姑娘也行 我没有性别歧视 |
[24:00] | Because you’re a real artist? | 因为你是真正的艺术家吗 |
[24:02] | I’ve been told I have raw talent. | 很多人夸我有艺术天赋 |
[24:06] | It’s not finished yet. | 这还没完成呢 |
[24:08] | Seriously. Hot naked boy or fruit? | 说真的 你选性感裸体帅哥还是水果啊 |
[24:11] | Well, when you put it that way… | 好吧 如果你这样让我选… |
[24:13] | Speaking of hot boys. | 说到性感帅哥 |
[24:15] | Is this thing with Billy still going on? | 你跟比利还在一起 |
[24:17] | It’s been one day, Harper. | 哈珀 这才一天 |
[24:19] | So? I’ve had shorter hook-ups. | 那又怎么样 我还有比这更短的乱搞呢 |
[24:22] | I mean, you do realize what this means, right? | 我说 你知道这意味着什么吧 |
[24:24] | – What? – You and Billy. | -什么 -你和比利 |
[24:26] | Yeah. It means I have a boyfriend. | 这意味着我有男朋友了 |
[24:28] | I’m talking about the social implications of this hook-up. | 我说的是你们乱搞的社交意义 |
[24:32] | Stop calling it a hook-up. | 别再说我们是乱搞了 |
[24:33] | I’m just saying that no matter what he does, | 我只是想说无论怎么做 |
[24:36] | he’s not going to be accepted. | 他都不会被接受的 |
[24:38] | Not everyone is gonna be as understanding as me. | 不是所有人都像我这么善解人意 |
[24:40] | Thank you for being so understanding, Harper. | 谢谢你这么善解人意 哈珀 |
[24:43] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[24:47] | I really don’t care what anyone else thinks. | 我才不在乎别人怎么想 |
[24:49] | – What about your dad? – What about him? | -你爸爸呢 -我爸爸怎么了 |
[24:51] | You didn’t tell him yet, did you? | 你还没告诉他 不是吗 |
[24:53] | – No. – Interesting. | -没有呢 -真有意思 |
[24:54] | – What? – Nothing. | -怎么了 -没什么 |
[24:55] | I’m gonna tell him. I just… | 我会告诉他的 我只是… |
[24:56] | You wanna know if it sticks. | 你想看看这关系能不能维持下去 |
[24:58] | That’s not what I said. | 我才没那么说 |
[25:00] | Okay. Well, let me know how that goes. | 好吧 别忘了告诉我进展如何 |
[25:05] | I will. | 一定 |
[25:24] | I miss you, Janey. | 珍妮 我很想你 |
[25:35] | She said “Better luck next year”? | 她说”祝你们明年好运” |
[25:37] | I think so. | 我想是的 |
[25:38] | You think so? | 你想是的 |
[25:39] | She said it in Japanese. | 她是用日语说的 |
[25:41] | Did you know Jeremy spoke Japanese? | 你知道杰里米会说日语吗 |
[25:43] | I really don’t care. | 我才不关心 |
[25:44] | Neither did Ms. Sato. | 佐藤女士也毫不关心 |
[25:46] | She said his charm was irritating. | 她说他的殷勤让人反感 |
[25:49] | At least I agree with her on something. | 终于有件事情上我跟她看法一致了 |
[25:51] | So that’s it then?It’s over? | 现在怎么样了 事情黄了吗 |
[25:53] | No. She and Jeremy are having dinner tonight. | 没有 她今晚会和杰里米共进晚餐 |
[25:56] | So there’s still hope. | 所以还有希望 |
[25:58] | You mean to tell me the fate of Donovan Decker getting in Modern Empress | 你是说我们公司能不能上《摩登女王》杂志 |
[26:01] | lies with Jeremy and his irritating charm? | 就指望杰里米和他让人反感的殷勤了 |
[26:05] | Hello, Gray. You’re looking lovely. | 格雷 你好 你看起来很可爱 |
[26:08] | Hello, Jeremy. | 你好 杰里米 |
[26:10] | Jane tells me you have an important dinner tonight. | 简告诉我你今晚有重要晚宴 |
[26:13] | About that. I was thinking I should take someone from your department. | 关于这个 我想带个你们部门的人去 |
[26:16] | Maybe Jane could join me. | 也许简可以跟我一起 |
[26:18] | She’s not qualified for that. | 她还不够资格 |
[26:21] | I disagree. | 我不这么认为 |
[26:22] | If it wasn’t for Jane, I wouldn’t have this dinner. | 如果不是简 我还得不到这次晚餐机会 |
[26:24] | Definitely not. Find someone else. | 绝对不行 你另寻高明吧 |
[26:27] | You’re right. It’s probably best if I take India. | 你说的对 也许带英蒂安去最合适 |
[26:30] | – Safe travels, Gray. – Wait! | -祝你旅途平安 格雷 -等等 |
[26:38] | Carter, I need something to wear. | 卡特 我需要件合适的衣服 |
[26:41] | Sato dinner? You’re eating with it? | 是准备和佐藤的晚宴吗 你要参加 |
[26:43] | – Yes. – A-ha! | -是的 -啊哈 |
[26:45] | Do what you do. | 展现你的魔力吧 |
[26:47] | Oh, honey. I thought you’d never ask. | 亲爱的 就等你这句呢 |
[27:59] | You know, eventually you’re going to have to pick one. | 你知道 最终你还是只能选一件 |
[28:06] | I think I know the perfect dress. | 我想到最适合的那件了 |
[28:25] | Beautiful. | 真漂亮 |
[28:26] | It’s your design. | 是你的设计 |
[28:28] | Oh, I wasn’t talking about the dress. | 我不是说裙子 |
[28:31] | But the dress is beautiful. | 不过裙子也很漂亮 |
[28:32] | Yes, it is. | 当然 |
[28:34] | I hope you don’t mind me wearing it. I just thought maybe… | 我希望你不介意我穿 我想也许… |
[28:36] | No, no, no, no. It’s perfect on you. | 不介意 不介意 非常适合你 |
[28:41] | So, where’s Miyoko? | 美代子在哪儿 |
[28:42] | She’s late. Which is good, | 她迟到了 这是好事 |
[28:44] | because we should probably come up with a strategy | 我们可以先想个计策 |
[28:46] | to help each other out. Okay. | 互相帮助 |
[28:49] | We could use hand signals. | 我们可以用手势打暗号 |
[28:50] | Hand signals? | 手势暗号 |
[28:52] | Yeah. Like this. | 是 像这样 |
[28:56] | You know, that way we can tell each other things. | 这样可以传递信息 |
[28:58] | Okay. That’ll do. | 好的 应该可行 |
[29:00] | So if I tug my ear like this, | 如果我这么拉耳朵 |
[29:02] | you should stop talking. | 你就别再说话了 |
[29:03] | Okay. Fair enough. | 好吧 |
[29:07] | And should we come up with other signals? | 我们还需要想其它暗号吗 |
[29:09] | That should do it. | 这就可以了 |
[29:11] | And what if I want you to stop talking? | 那如果我想让你闭嘴呢 |
[29:14] | If you feel I’m being a little long winded, tug away. | 如果你觉得我有点啰嗦了 就拉耳朵吧 |
[29:16] | Oh, I will. | 我会的 |
[29:18] | Here we go. | 她来了 |
[29:21] | – Good evening. – Hello. | -晚上好 -你好 |
[29:24] | You remember Jane, don’t you? | 你还记得简吧 |
[29:25] | Hello. Nice to see you again. | 你好 很高兴再次见到你 |
[29:27] | Was that dress in your collection? | 这裙子是你的设计吧 |
[29:28] | It was. Good eye. | 是的 眼力真好 |
[29:30] | Don’t you love it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[29:32] | It actually reminds me of this article | 它让我想起几年前 |
[29:34] | in Modern Empress from a few years ago. | 《摩登女王》杂志上的一篇文章 |
[29:36] | Can I just say I love your magazine. | 我一定要说我真的很爱看你们的杂志 |
[29:39] | It’s so inspiring. | 太有启发性了 |
[29:40] | I used to cut out all of my favorite articles. | 我总是把我喜欢的文章剪下来保存 |
[29:42] | It reminds me about this one that how new style can | 这裙子让我想起一篇文章 |
[29:45] | instantly change the way that you feel. | 新的风格可以瞬间改变你的自我感觉 |
[29:47] | And honestly, I don’t remember the last time | 说实在的 我已经想不起来 |
[29:49] | I wore a dress that made me feel so… | 还有哪件衣服能让我感觉… |
[29:52] | Made you feel so what? | 让你感觉什么 |
[29:54] | So hungry. Let’s eat. | 这么饿 我们开吃吧 |
[29:58] | Shall we sit? | 大家都坐下吧 |
[30:12] | This entire menu is in French. | 整张菜单都是法语的 |
[30:14] | Yes. We’re in a French restaurant. | 是啊 我们在法国餐厅 |
[30:17] | I know. I meant, I can’t read it. | 我知道 我的意思是我看不懂 |
[30:32] | I didn’t know you spoke French. | 我不知道你会说法语 |
[30:34] | I wasn’t trying to impress you. | 我可不是试图讨好你 |
[30:36] | I know. It’s obvious you were trying to impress her. | 我知道 很明显你在讨好她 |
[30:41] | Looks like it worked. | 看起来挺见效的 |
[31:14] | The point is that Donovan Decker is looking to expand | 重点是多诺万·德克尔希望能进军 |
[31:16] | into the bigger international markets, | 更广大的国际市场 |
[31:18] | and there’s no bigger platform than Modern Empress. | 在这方面没有比《摩登女王》更广阔的平台了 |
[31:21] | And why would I choose you? | 那我为什么要选择你呢 |
[31:22] | What makes you different from a hundred other designers | 是什么能让你与其它数以百计的 |
[31:25] | wanting the exact same thing? | 与你目标一致的设计者卓然不同 |
[31:27] | Because we’re not simply happy adapting to what’s in style. | 因为我们不是简单地追随时尚 |
[31:32] | We’re trying to define it. | 我们努力定义时尚 |
[31:38] | So, what exactly did you order? | 你到底点了什么 |
[31:40] | This would be the Pate de foie gras. | 这是肥鹅肝酱饼 |
[31:42] | – It’s a delicacy. – Oh. Okay. | -是道珍馐美味 -好的 |
[31:44] | – Miyoko? – I’ll pass. | -美代子 -我不吃 |
[31:46] | I prefer not to eat the intestines of dirty wetland birds. | 我不吃脏脏的湿地鸟的内脏 |
[31:50] | Jeremy! You let me eat a… | 杰里米 你让我吃鸟的… |
[31:52] | It’s a delicacy. | 这是美味佳肴啊 |
[31:55] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[32:07] | Come in. | 请进 |
[32:14] | Hey, Ben. | 嗨 本 |
[32:15] | Ah, it’s you. | 是你啊 |
[32:18] | You got a lot of nerve showing your face around here. | 你胆子不小啊 还敢到这儿来 |
[32:21] | I’m sorry. Um… | 对不起 我… |
[32:26] | I’m kidding. I’ve just always wanted to say that. | 开玩笑的 不过我一直都想这么说 |
[32:28] | Too soon? | 太早了吗 |
[32:29] | Yeah, maybe a little too soon. | 是 也许是早了点 |
[32:33] | – She home? – No. | -她在家吗 -不在 |
[32:34] | She’s got a dinner thing for the internship. | 她实习的公司有个晚餐活动 |
[32:38] | Rough day, huh? | 今天不太顺 是吧 |
[32:39] | Yeah. You heard? | 你都听说了 |
[32:41] | Of course I did. I’m dialed in. | 当然了 我有内部消息 |
[32:43] | Look, I’m not taking sides, but… | 我不是偏袒哪边 但是 |
[32:46] | You should’ve told her the truth. | 你应该告诉她真相的 |
[32:48] | I know. I know I screwed up. | 我知道 我知道我搞砸了 |
[32:50] | You did. Big time. | 你是搞砸了 这事儿很严重 |
[32:53] | Huge, in fact. | 事实上 是超级严重 |
[32:56] | I thought you said you weren’t taking sides. | 我记得你说过不偏袒的 |
[32:57] | There’s a little bias present. | 难免有点偏向啊 |
[32:59] | I’m not gonna lie to you. She is my little sister. | 说实在的 她是我妹妹嘛 |
[33:03] | Yeah, I guess I deserved it. | 我想是我活该 |
[33:07] | So, is she doing okay? | 她还好吗 |
[33:12] | She’s confused. | 她很困惑 |
[33:14] | You’re her best friend and you lied to her. | 你是她最好的朋友 但是你骗了她 |
[33:15] | She’s hurt. | 她很受伤 |
[33:17] | Technically, I never told her a lie. | 理论上说 我没骗她 |
[33:20] | Dude, I said technically. | 伙计 我说了是从理论上说 |
[33:22] | I didn’t tell Jane what was going on with me and Lulu. | 我是没有告诉简我跟露露之间的事 |
[33:25] | I didn’t. | 的确没有 |
[33:25] | But she never asked. | 但是她从来没问过啊 |
[33:29] | Technically. | 理论上说 |
[33:30] | That’s a terrible argument. | 这个解释真糟糕 |
[33:33] | Quite possibly the worst argument I’ve ever heard. | 很有可能是我听过最糟糕的 |
[33:38] | Please tell me | 别告诉你来这儿 |
[33:39] | that’s not what you were coming over here to say to Jane. | 就是打算这么跟简解释 |
[33:41] | I don’t know what to say to her. Okay? | 我不知道该跟她说什么 |
[33:43] | The biggest fight Jane and I ever had lasted less than an hour. | 我跟简吵架时间最长也没超过一个小时 |
[33:47] | I’m nervous, Ben. | 本 我很担心 |
[33:48] | I can’t lose Janey. | 我不能失去小简 |
[33:51] | What should I tell her? | 我该怎么跟她说 |
[33:54] | Truth? | 告诉她事实 |
[33:56] | I tried. And she said it was too late. | 我试过 她说太晚了 |
[33:59] | Little bit of free advice. | 免费给你条建议 |
[34:00] | I’d lose the whole, “Technically, I didn’t lie,” thing. | 是我的话肯定不说”理论上说我没骗你” |
[34:03] | The way Jane sees it, you lied. | 在简看来 你就是欺骗 |
[34:05] | For months. | 还骗了她好几个月 |
[34:07] | You’re the most important person in her life. | 你是她生命里最重要的人 |
[34:09] | Aside from me, of course. | 当然 是除了我之外 |
[34:12] | Of course. | 当然 |
[34:13] | You need to try and look at this thing from Jane’s perspective. | 你得试着从简的角度看这件事 |
[34:17] | Jane? | 简 |
[34:20] | Jane? | 简 |
[34:24] | Jane. | 简 |
[34:26] | It won’t stop staring at me. | 它一直在盯着我 |
[34:28] | – Jane! – What? | -简 -怎么了 |
[34:30] | Oh. Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[34:32] | If you’ll excuse me, I need to use the restroom. | 失陪 我要去下洗手间 |
[34:37] | What was that about? | 刚才是怎么回事 |
[34:37] | I’m sorry, but that’s just creepy. | 对不起 但是那真的很诡异 |
[34:40] | And for the record, the ear tug is not a mute button. | 还有 拉耳朵又不是静音键 |
[34:45] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[34:47] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[34:50] | So then what did you say? | 然后你说了什么 |
[34:52] | I said I was sorry. | 我说对不起 |
[34:54] | How many times? | 说了多少次 |
[34:55] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思 |
[34:56] | How many times did you say the actual words, “I’m sorry”? | 你说了多少遍对不起这句话 |
[34:59] | Um, just once. | 就一遍 |
[35:04] | You gotta step it up, man. | 你得再加把劲儿 |
[35:07] | How many times am I supposed to say it? | 我应该说几遍啊 |
[35:09] | That depends on the level of offense. | 这取决于错事的级别 |
[35:11] | What level am I at? | 那我这是多少级 |
[35:13] | I’d say you were here. | 让我说啊 你在这儿 |
[35:17] | You’re probably looking at a seven apology offense. | 大概是七个对不起级别 |
[35:20] | That’s a conservative estimate. Super conservative. | 这还是保守估计 非常保守 |
[35:23] | Give or take maybe eight. I once… | 很可能差不多到八级了 我曾经 |
[35:25] | I once committed a nine apology offence. | 我曾经有过一次九级的 |
[35:29] | What did you do? | 你干了什么 |
[35:31] | That’s not important. | 干了什么不重要 |
[35:33] | What’s important is you know exactly what you’re going to say going in. | 重要的是你得知道时候要说什么 |
[35:37] | You need six different ways of saying I’m sorry | 你得准备好表示对不起的六种不同方式 |
[35:41] | in your back pocket at all times. | 随身携带 时刻准备 |
[35:44] | I think I’m just gonna give her some time to cool down. | 我觉得我应该给她时间冷静一下 |
[35:46] | I don’t know, maybe this is a mistake, Ben. | 我也不知道 本 没准这是个错误 |
[35:55] | You remember when you were six | 我记得你六岁的时候 |
[35:56] | and you got that bike, | 有了一辆自行车 |
[35:58] | and you didn’t wanna use the training wheels | 你不想用车上的辅助轮 |
[36:01] | ’cause your brother said that was for sissies? | 因为你哥哥说那是给胆小鬼用的 |
[36:04] | Yeah, I broke my arm. | 记得 我摔断了胳膊 |
[36:05] | Who came and got you | 是谁去接你 |
[36:07] | and wheeled you all the way home | 把你弄到她的电台传单牌小车上 |
[36:08] | in her Radio Flyer? | 一路推回家的 |
[36:10] | It was three blocks. | 三个街区的路呢 |
[36:12] | Yeah, and she was five. | 是啊 她才五岁 |
[36:13] | Do you know how far that is in five-year-old blocks? | 你知道对于五岁的女孩来说那有多远吗 |
[36:15] | It’s like 28 blocks. | 大概28个街区那么远 |
[36:18] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[36:19] | You and Jane, | 你和简 |
[36:21] | what you have together, that’s… | 你们拥有的 |
[36:26] | It’s a friendship worth saving. | 是值得挽回的友情 |
[36:30] | I know. | 我明白 |
[36:36] | I’m sorry this dinner’s such a disaster. | 很抱歉晚餐变成了灾难 |
[36:40] | It’s pretty much what I expected. | 我已经预料会这样了 |
[36:42] | You should’e invited India. | 你应该邀请英蒂安来的 |
[36:43] | Maybe she wouldn’t have embarrassed you. | 她应该不会让你难堪 |
[36:45] | You’re not embarrassing me. | 你没有让我难堪 |
[36:50] | – She’s been gone a long time. -Yeah. | -她去了很久了 -是啊 |
[36:52] | Maybe she ditched us? | 可能她丢下我们走了 |
[36:55] | You should go check on her. | 你得去看看她 |
[36:56] | Me? Why me? | 我 为什么是我 |
[36:58] | Because she’s in the ladies room. | 因为她在女士洗手间啊 |
[37:00] | And, let’s face it, she hates you a lot less than she hates me. | 还有 说实话 我们当中她更讨厌我 |
[37:10] | Is everything okay? | 你没事吧 |
[37:14] | Yes. I’ll be right out. | 没事 我马上就出去了 |
[37:20] | I’m sorry if I ruined this dinner. | 如果我毁了这顿晚餐我很抱歉 |
[37:22] | And I’m even more sorry | 如果因此毁了多诺万·德克尔公司 |
[37:26] | if I ruined Donovan Decker’s chances with you. | 跟你的合作机会 我更加抱歉 |
[37:28] | Sometimes I don’t think before I speak, | 有时候我说话不经大脑 |
[37:31] | and I say things that… | 而且我会说些… |
[37:33] | I don’t know. | 我也说不清楚 |
[37:36] | I just hope that, maybe not today, | 我只希望 也许今天不行了 |
[37:40] | but some time in the future, | 但是将来有一天 |
[37:42] | you’ll see how great their designs are. | 你能发现那些设计有多棒 |
[37:48] | You know, | 你知道吗 |
[37:51] | you remind me of myself. | 你让我想起我自己 |
[37:56] | I’ve been consumed with perfection for the past few years. | 我过去这些年都沉浸在完美中 |
[38:01] | Doing and saying the right thing. | 做正确的事 说正确的话 |
[38:03] | But there was a time, | 但是曾经一度 |
[38:06] | a time when I would’ve said all the wrong things | 曾经一度因为对人信任 |
[38:10] | because I believed in someone. | 我也会说错话 |
[38:13] | A time when I would’ve drank from the finger bowl | 曾经一度我也会喝用来洗手的水 |
[38:16] | just because I wasn’t supposed to. | 只是因为那么做是不对的 |
[38:20] | I, um, thought it was water. | 我以为那是喝的水 |
[38:24] | 741 00:38:26,704 –> 00:38:29,257 | |
[38:29] | I’m just used to places that are a little more relaxed. | 我只是习惯了那些更让人放松的地方 |
[38:33] | I can’t remember the last time I was just relaxed. | 我都记不清我上次感觉轻松是什么时候了 |
[38:40] | I wouldn’t know how to dress for it. | 我甚至不知道在轻松的地方该穿什么 |
[38:45] | I think I can help. | 我想我可以帮你 |
[38:55] | We have decided to go someplace a little more… | 我们决定去一个更… |
[38:59] | Relaxed. | 让人放松的地方 |
[39:12] | – You don’t have to eat it. – Yes, she does. | -你不用吃这个 -不 她得吃 |
[39:13] | – No, she doesn’t. – Yes, she does. | -不 不用吃 -不 她得吃 |
[39:15] | It’s not a dirty wetland bird. Go for it. | 这可不是脏的湿地鸟 放心吃吧 |
[39:23] | Predictable? Derivative? | 是意料之中 还是缺乏创意 |
[39:25] | Jane… | 简 |
[39:29] | It’s priceless. | 这是无价 |
[39:32] | Jane? | 简 |
[39:37] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[39:41] | Just eating food, you know. | 就是吃饭啊 |
[39:47] | You look nice. | 你今天很美 |
[39:48] | – Thank you. -Thank you | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[39:49] | Jeremy Jones. | 我是杰里米·琼斯 |
[39:51] | Nick. Nice to meet you. | 尼克 很高兴认识你 |
[39:53] | This is Miyoko Sato. Modern Empress. | 这是美代子·佐藤 《摩登女王》杂志的 |
[39:55] | I prefer not to shake hands. | 我不喜欢握手 |
[39:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[40:00] | So how do you two know each other? | 你们两个怎么认识的 |
[40:01] | – Um… – From school. | -呃 -在学校认识的 |
[40:03] | Nick, our table’s ready. | 尼克 我们的位子好了 |
[40:04] | You graduated together? | 你们同年毕业的吗 |
[40:06] | Who’s your friend? | 你的朋友是谁 |
[40:09] | This is Ashley. | 这是阿什莉 |
[40:11] | Hi. | 你好 |
[40:12] | Hi. I’m Jane. | 你好 我是简 |
[40:16] | Well, we should probably… | 我们该去… |
[40:18] | You should probably go eat. | 你们快去吃饭吧 |
[40:20] | Nice to meet you, Ashley. | 阿什莉 很高兴认识你 |
[40:21] | You, too. | 我也是 |
[40:22] | See you tomorrow, Jane. | 明天见 简 |
[40:25] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[40:33] | That was an interesting night. | 今晚真有意思 |
[40:35] | The company was lovely. | 那是因为有佳人相伴啊 |
[40:37] | Your charm is still irritating. | 你的殷勤还是让人反感 |
[40:41] | But I’m thinking that dress would look good | 不过我觉得这条裙子 |
[40:45] | on the cover of next month’s issue. | 在下个月的杂志封面上应该看起来不错 |
[40:52] | Still not impressed. | 还是不足以讨好我 |
[40:54] | And you should thank her. | 而且你应该感谢的是她 |
[40:59] | Goodnight. | 晚安 |
[41:08] | This is so amazing! | 这真是太棒了 |
[41:10] | You don’t find me irritating, do you? | 你不觉得我让人反感吧 |
[41:11] | What? | 什么 |
[41:12] | Sometimes. Not always. | 有时候吧 也不是一直那样 |
[41:15] | How about a little emotion here? | 你怎么都不激动呢 |
[41:17] | Miyoko just told you your dress is gonna be | 美代子刚刚宣布你的设计 |
[41:19] | on the cover of Modern Empress. | 要登上《摩登女王》的封面了 |
[41:22] | That’s huge! | 这可是大消息 |
[41:24] | It’s still sinking in. | 我还没反应过来呢 |
[41:26] | I’ll wait. | 我等着 |
[41:28] | The cover of Modern Empress. | 《摩登女王》的封面 |
[41:31] | That’s a pretty big deal, isn’t it? | 很了不起 不是吗 |
[41:32] | Yeah, it is. | 是啊 |
[41:34] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[41:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:39] | – So what’s tomorrow? – Tomorrow? | -明天你有什么事 -明天 |
[41:41] | Your friend said, “See you tomorrow.” | 你朋友说明天见 |
[41:43] | Oh. Um, it’s… It’s nothing. | 哦 没什么 |
[41:47] | Oh. Right. | 好吧 |
[41:49] | We were a good team tonight. | 我们今天合作得很好 |
[41:50] | Yes, we were. | 是啊 |
[41:53] | It’s still early, actually. We could always go back to my place. | 现在还早呢 我们可以先回我家 |
[41:57] | Right. | 好吧 |
[42:00] | Goodnight, Jane. | 晚安 简 |
[42:01] | Goodnight, Jeremy. | 晚安 杰里米 |
[42:12] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[42:15] | Ben let me in. I hope that’s okay. | 本让我进来的 希望你不要介意 |
[42:17] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[42:30] | So just tell me one thing. | 只要告诉我一件事 |
[42:34] | Do you really like her? | 你是不是真的喜欢她 |
[42:37] | I think I do. | 我想是 |
[42:40] | You know you’re killing me, right? | 你知道这对我是种折磨吗 |
[42:43] | I know. | 我知道 |
[42:48] | I can’t do this without you, either. | 我也不能失去你 |
[42:54] | You don’t have to. | 你不会失去我的 |