时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | – Is this the magazine? Damn it! – Jack. | -这就是那本杂志吗 该死 -杰克 |
[00:11] | – I can’t live like this. – Jack. | -我不能再这么下去了 -杰克 |
[00:13] | Oh, I know people call me Dr. Feelgood. | 我知道人们叫我”好感觉”医生 |
[00:15] | I want my patients to feel good. | 因为我确实希望我的病人感觉好一些 |
[00:17] | Christ, Dad. I need to know the truth here. | 天呐 爸爸 我现在需要知道真相 |
[00:19] | Did you make a deal with Giancana? | 您有没有和吉安卡纳达成协议 |
[00:20] | Sinatra did the deal on his own. | 是辛纳特拉和他达成了协议 |
[00:22] | I had nothing to do with it. | 这事与我无关 |
[00:23] | Regardless of your intent, | 如果不考虑您的初衷 |
[00:24] | it’s a matter of perception now. | 这就是个见仁见智的问题了 |
[00:26] | None of this would’ve been possible without you, and– | 如果没有您的话 这一切都不会实现 |
[00:29] | but now I’m out. | 但现在我要引退了 |
[02:09] | Civil rights marchers in Macon County, Georgia, | 佐治亚州梅肯县的民权游行队伍 |
[02:12] | were set upon by attack dogs and fire hoses | 遭到警犬和消防水枪的袭击 |
[02:15] | as they demonstrated for fair housing and a repeal of poll taxes | 此次游行的目的是在这个骚乱不断的的南方州 |
[02:17] | in that beleaguered southern state. | 争取公平的居住权并废除人头税 |
[02:19] | 27 of the marchers were hospitalized. | 27名示威者受伤入院 |
[02:23] | These images are from Macon County | 这些照片是在你所在州的 |
[02:25] | in your state, Senator Russell. | 梅肯县拍摄的 拉索尔参议员 |
[02:28] | I’m sure you gentlemen could, uh, reasonably agree | 相信各位也能赞同 |
[02:30] | that these are extremely disturbing images | 这些照片令人非常不安 |
[02:32] | and unlawful treatment of ordinary American citizens | 还有这些对待普通美国民众的违法手段 |
[02:35] | demonstrating for their basic civil rights. | 他们只是在争取自己的基本民权 |
[02:37] | Mr. President, as chairman of the Southern Caucus, | 总统先生 作为南方党团会议的主席 |
[02:40] | I am appalled and outraged | 我此刻十分震惊而愤怒 |
[02:42] | that we in the south are being unfairly targeted | 我们这些南方州被错误地视为 |
[02:45] | as the purveyors of all that is evil. | 这些暴行的元凶 |
[02:48] | Now, Dick, don’t take it like that. | 迪克 别这么想 |
[02:50] | We’re all here in the spirit of reconciliation and moderation. | 在座各位都是本着心平气和的精神而来的 |
[02:55] | I beg your pardon, but there is nothing in the least bit moderate | 不好意思 从警犬和消防水枪的手段里 |
[02:58] | about attack dogs and fire hoses. | 看不出一点心平气和的成分 |
[03:00] | Senator, we’re not, uh, certainly not trying to target any, uh, one region. | 参议员 我们并没有特别针对某一地区 |
[03:05] | Well, I-I don’t see any photos from Boston here, Mr. President. | 我可没看到任何波士顿的照片啊 总统先生 |
[03:08] | – Well, that really isn’t the issue. – If I may. | -这不是重点 -请允许我打断一下 |
[03:12] | Now are you telling me that Negroes are living on Beacon Hill? | 您的意思是黑人们都住在灯塔山上 |
[03:16] | ‘Cause I know for a fact, they are not. | 据我所知 事实并非如此 |
[03:18] | We have a serious problem brewing in this country, Senator. | 我们正面临着一场席卷全国的危机 参议员先生 |
[03:22] | And unless we can provide equal rights for Negroes, | 除非我们能给提供黑人平等的权利 |
[03:24] | that problem’s not gonna go away. | 否则这场危机将难以遏制 |
[03:26] | This is exactly what I was talking about, Mr. President. | 我当时就是和您这么说的 总统先生 |
[03:29] | You turn me loose on those Confederates, | 您放手让我去对付那些南方人 |
[03:32] | and I’ll have ’em in your corner so fast, | 我会很快让他们乖乖听话 |
[03:33] | – it’ll make your head spin. – These bastards | -快到您无法想象 -这帮混蛋 |
[03:35] | wouldn’t even listen to the President of the United States. | 连美利坚合众国总统的话都不听 |
[03:37] | Why would they listen to you? | 怎么会听你的话 |
[03:38] | Because I know these boys inside and out | 因为我对他们了如指掌 |
[03:40] | – and I know their secrets. – Really? | -我手里有他们的秘密 -真的吗 |
[03:42] | I know what kind of rub they like on their ribs, | 我知道怎么讨好他们 |
[03:44] | what kind of scotch they pour, | 他们喜欢喝哪种酒 |
[03:46] | and what kind of gals they like to screw. | 喜欢上哪种妞 |
[03:48] | Well, that’s a pleasant thought. | 这主意真是妙不可言啊 |
[03:50] | Mr. President, we get out ahead of this thing, | 总统先生 只要我们先发制人 |
[03:53] | we can grab the moral high ground. | 就能占领道德制高点 |
[03:54] | Oh, I would love to hear your definition of “moral high ground”. | 我倒想听听你的”道德制高点”是什么意思 |
[03:57] | – That would be most illuminating. – I gave up teaching, | -一定会让人大开眼界 -我不想再说教别人 |
[03:58] | – Mr. Attorney General. – No, this is the most interesting concept | -司法部长先生 -“道德至高点”这个词 |
[04:01] | – coming from the man… – Bobby. | -竟然从一个 -波比 |
[04:01] | – who stole his first election to the Senate. – Bobby. | -通过舞弊当选参议员的人口中说出 -波比 |
[04:03] | Well, now there’s buying, then there’s stealing. | 有人出钱 就有人舞弊 |
[04:06] | Well, I’m not, uh, | 我不想 |
[04:07] | – I’m not gonna debate this with you. – Good. | -我不想和你辩论 -很好 |
[04:10] | Mr. President, I have seen the evils of Jim Crow. | 总统先生 我见识过种族歧视的种种罪恶 |
[04:15] | My daddy fought the Klan in the Texas legislature. | 家父曾在德克萨斯州议会与三K党作斗争 |
[04:18] | And, of course, this is a moral issue. | 这确实是一个道德问题 |
[04:21] | That’s all fine, but I, uh, | 这些都没错 但我 |
[04:24] | I’m more concerned about law and order right now. | 我现在更关注法律和社会秩序 |
[04:26] | Very anxious about this issue of, uh, rioting in the streets. | 我对街头暴乱这一问题深感焦虑 |
[04:30] | So am I. So am I. | 我也是 我也是啊 |
[04:32] | I do want to utilize your wisdom and experience on this, | 在这件事上我确实想多多仰仗您的智慧和经验 |
[04:34] | Mr. Vice President, and I’ll be in touch this afternoon. | 副总统先生 我下午再和您联系吧 |
[04:37] | I’m available anytime, Mr. President. | 随时恭候 总统先生 |
[04:40] | – General. – Lyndon. | -再见 部长 -再见 林顿 |
[04:42] | Damn it, Bobby. You can’t treat the guy like that. | 该死 波比 你不能这样对他 |
[04:45] | What? I was being nice to him. | 怎么了 我已经很客气了 |
[04:47] | I didn’t say half the things I wanted to. | 我还有好多话没说呢 |
[04:49] | Last year at this time, he was the Senate Majority Leader– | 去年此时 他还是参议院多数党领袖 |
[04:51] | one of the most powerful men in this town, | 是这座城市最有权势的人之一 |
[04:53] | and he’s an afterthought at best now. | 他现在最多只是强弩之末了 |
[04:55] | He has massive insecurities, a tremendous ego. | 他的自尊心和危机感都很强 |
[04:58] | Okay, so–so why are you defending him? | 你为什么要替他说话 |
[05:00] | During the campaign, he told everyone who would listen | 在竞选期间 他逢人便讲 |
[05:02] | that you were too sick to be President. | 以你的能力根本当不了总统 |
[05:04] | Get over it. I did. | 忘了吧 他当时没说错 |
[05:06] | You sat in that room just now. | 刚才你也在场 |
[05:07] | You saw the way those southerners look at us. | 你也看到那些南方人是怎么看我们的 |
[05:08] | They think we’re from another planet. | 他们都觉得我们是外星人 |
[05:11] | Lyndon talks the way they do, he thinks the way they do, | 林顿的思维和表达方式都和他们一样 |
[05:13] | but he’s working for me, so do me a favor– | 但他为我工作 所以拜托你 |
[05:16] | make him feel important once in a while. | 让他时不时地感觉自己还很重要 |
[05:19] | Kiss his ass. | 拍他的马屁 |
[05:21] | – What, that big old hairy ass? – Yes. | -拍那个糟老头子的马屁 -对 |
[05:31] | Are you feeling all right, dear? | 你还好吗 亲爱的 |
[05:35] | You didn’t eat dinner last night. | 你昨晚没吃饭 |
[05:37] | You didn’t play golf this morning. | 今早也没去打高尔夫 |
[05:41] | You know, Rosie… | 罗丝 |
[05:45] | for the first time in my life, I feel like an old man. | 我这辈子第一次感觉自己老了 |
[05:48] | Not you, Joe. Why, you’re just– | 没有啊 乔 为什么 你不是才 |
[05:51] | They don’t want me anymore– Jack and Bobby. | 他们哥俩不再需要我了 杰克和波比 |
[05:54] | When I went to Washington the other day, | 前不久我去华盛顿 |
[05:56] | that was what it was about. | 就是因为这个事 |
[05:58] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[05:59] | I… | 我 |
[06:01] | It doesn’t matter. | 无所谓了 |
[06:03] | They wouldn’t be where they are if it wasn’t for you. | 如果没有你 他们也不会有今天 |
[06:17] | I just talked to Senator Russell. | 我刚和拉索尔参议员谈过 |
[06:19] | He wants you to know that there was no disrespect intended. | 他让我告诉您 他没有不敬的意思 |
[06:22] | I understand, Lyndon. A lot is said in the, uh… | 我能理解 林顿 当时他 |
[06:25] | heat of battle. | 正在气头上 |
[06:27] | Yes? | 喂 |
[06:29] | Yeah, put her on. It’s my mother. | 把电话接进来 是我母亲打来的 |
[06:32] | Give her my love. | 代我向她问好 |
[06:35] | Everything all right, Mom? | 一切还好吧 妈 |
[06:36] | No, it most certainly is not. | 不好 非常不好 |
[06:39] | I heard what you and Bobby did to your father. | 我知道你和波比对你父亲说了啥了 |
[06:41] | He’s brokenhearted. | 他心都碎了 |
[06:42] | Well, it’s a little more, uh, complicated than that, Mother. | 事情没您想的这么简单 妈妈 |
[06:45] | I am not interested. | 我不想知道 |
[06:47] | He dedicated his life to you boys, | 他为了你们操劳一生 |
[06:49] | and this is what he gets for it. | 这就是你们的回报吗 |
[06:50] | Can we talk about this a little later? | 我们迟些再谈好吗 |
[06:52] | There is nothing to talk about, Jack. | 没什么好谈的了 杰克 |
[06:54] | – Well, I-I don’t– – I never thought that I would say this, | -可我 我没有 -我从未想过我会这么说 |
[06:58] | but I am very disappointed in you. | 可我真的对你很失望 |
[07:13] | And so how are you feeling? | 感觉怎么样啊 |
[07:15] | Better than ever. | 好得不得了 |
[07:17] | I have so much energy. | 感觉自己充满活力 |
[07:19] | That’s the idea. | 这就对了 |
[07:21] | Good day, madam. | 再见 夫人 |
[07:26] | We’ll do the Phoenix trip on Tuesday. | 我们周二去菲尼克斯 |
[07:28] | On the way back, we’ll do St. Louis and New Orleans. | 回来顺路去圣路易斯和新奥尔良 |
[07:30] | Are you sure you want to do the St. Louis trip? | 您真的要去圣路易斯吗 |
[07:32] | I have the meeting with the Historical Society. | 我和历史学会有约 |
[07:33] | We’re very close to getting the Civil War pieces | 就差一步就能把内战的大作 |
[07:35] | – for the dining room. – Okay. | -摆在餐厅里了 -好吧 |
[07:37] | No, no, leave that there. Did you send, uh, | 停停 先放在那儿 你有没有 |
[07:39] | Cassini the thank-you note and flowers? | 给卡西尼送感谢卡和鲜花了吗 |
[07:41] | Yes, ma’am. | 送了 夫人 |
[07:41] | – Has he received them? – Yes. | -他收到了吗 -收到了 夫人 |
[07:43] | Tell Joanna that I moved the armoire to Jack’s bedroom. | 告诉乔安娜我把大衣柜挪到杰克房间了 |
[07:45] | – It looks much better there. – Will do. | -看起来舒服多了 -遵命 |
[07:47] | And I’m painting with Caroline after my fitting. | 试衣后我会去陪卡洛琳画画 |
[07:49] | Ma’am, do you want me just to reschedule some of this? | 夫人 要我对行程安排做些更改吗 |
[07:52] | No. | 不用 |
[07:52] | And I have my phone interview with Look Magazine after that. | 之后我要接受《形象》杂志的电话专访 |
[07:55] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 夫人 |
[07:56] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[07:57] | Tish, you runnin’ my girl ragged? | 提什 你又把我夫人折腾得不轻啊 |
[07:58] | Actually, no. It’s the other way around. | 其实不是 正好相反 |
[08:00] | We’ve been invited to the opening of the Met this weekend. | 大都会歌剧院邀请我们周末参加开幕典礼 |
[08:02] | Well, I’m sure you, uh, graciously | 我相信你一定优雅 |
[08:05] | and, uh, politely declined the offer. | 而委婉地拒绝了他们 |
[08:08] | Well, Leonard Bernstein did call me himself. | 伦纳德·伯恩斯坦亲自给我打了电话 |
[08:10] | I just wanted to go up to the cape. | 我本来想去科德角的 |
[08:13] | I told him we’d be there. | 我已经答应他们了 |
[08:14] | Yeah. Dad’s still a little down. | 爸爸还有些低落 |
[08:16] | – Then I’ll cancel. – No, no, you–you go, and, uh, | -那我取消好了 -不用 你去好了 |
[08:19] | I’ll take the kids up Saturday, you come up on Sunday. | 我周六带孩子们过去 你周日来 |
[08:22] | Don’t want you standing up Lenny. | 你也不想让伦纳德空欢喜一场 |
[08:24] | This is the President. | 我是总统 |
[08:28] | Aw, Jesus. | 天呐 |
[08:50] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[08:52] | I’m Dr. Prescott. | 我是普莱斯科特医生 |
[08:55] | Your father has suffered a massive stroke. | 令尊刚才严重中风 |
[08:57] | The right side of his body is paralyzed, | 右半边身体已经瘫痪 |
[08:59] | and he’s unable to speak. | 也无法讲话 |
[09:03] | Will he survive? | 他能挺过来吗 |
[09:04] | I believe he will. | 我相信没问题 |
[09:06] | But, um, will he, uh… will he fully recover? | 可是 他能完全康复吗 |
[09:12] | There may be some marginal improvement… | 可能会有些许好转 |
[09:14] | months, a year. | 经过几个月 或者一年 |
[09:16] | That’s not what I asked you. | 我问的不是这个 |
[09:20] | I would appreciate a direct answer. | 我要个痛快的回答 |
[09:24] | I don’t think so. | 恐怕不行 |
[09:28] | Mr. President. | 再会 总统先生 |
[09:41] | A mob of angry students gathered today | 今天 一群愤怒的学生 |
[09:43] | on the Oxford campus of the University of Mississippi | 聚集在密西西比大学的牛津校园里 |
[09:46] | to protest James Meredith’s | 抗议学校接收詹姆斯·梅瑞迪斯 |
[09:47] | becoming the first Negro to enroll at the institution. | 为该校的第一位黑人学生 |
[09:50] | The federal court order allowing Meredith to register | 联邦法庭允许梅瑞迪斯注册入学的裁决 |
[09:53] | has gone unheeded by Mississippi officials. | 未被密西西比校方采纳 |
[09:55] | It is unclear what steps Washington will take… | 目前不确定华盛顿方面会如何表态 |
[09:58] | Yes, Governor Barnett said that | 对 巴奈特州长说 |
[10:00] | no Negro’s gonna be admitted to the university while he’s governor. | 在他的任期内不允许黑人读大学 |
[10:03] | The court order is, uh, pretty clear. | 联邦法庭的命令很明确啊 |
[10:05] | I mean, Meredith has to be admitted to that campus. | 梅瑞迪斯必须去那个学校读书 |
[10:07] | Well, listen, this Barnett, he’s a mean son of a bitch. | 这个巴奈特真是个彻头彻尾的混蛋 |
[10:10] | He doesn’t care. | 他才不管呢 |
[10:10] | Said he’s gonna block Meredith at the door. | 还说要把梅瑞迪斯堵在门口 |
[10:12] | You don’t think there’s any wiggle room? I mean, I–Christ. | 你觉得没有回旋的余地了吗 我 |
[10:14] | I just don’t want to get involved in a state matter. | 我可不想再趟州级事务的浑水 |
[10:16] | No, I know, but I– I don’t think | 我知道 可我不认为 |
[10:17] | we he have any choice but to deal with it now. | 我们能逃避这个问题 |
[10:19] | It’s the Supreme Court. | 已经上诉到最高法院了 |
[10:21] | It’s incredible what’s been progressing down there. | 目前的情况越发离谱了 |
[10:23] | I mean, you wouldn’t believe it. | 你肯定不相信 |
[10:24] | They’ve got Klansmen on the radio telling people | 他们竟然让三K党上广播宣传 |
[10:26] | to grab their shotguns and show up at Ole Miss. | 让人们带枪去密西西比大学示威 |
[10:28] | They’re predicting a mob of 5,000. | 预计示威队伍会有五千人 |
[10:30] | This could be a real bloodbath. | 可能会造成流血事件 |
[10:32] | This bastard doesn’t give me a choice. | 这混蛋让我别无选择 |
[10:33] | I want Meredith escorted onto the campus by Federal Marshals. | 我要联邦法警护送梅瑞迪斯入校 |
[10:36] | That’s the problem. They don’t have enough. | 这就是问题 人手不够 |
[10:38] | I mean, they don’t have the kind of firepower | 我是说他们也没有足够的 |
[10:39] | they need to handle that mob. | 枪械来对付那帮暴徒 |
[10:41] | – It’s Barnett down there, right? – Mm-hmm. | -巴奈特搞的鬼 是不是 -没错 |
[10:42] | All right. Get him on the phone for me. I want to talk to him. | 好 让他在电话前等着 我要跟他通话 |
[10:44] | All right. Okay. All right. | 好的 这就去做 |
[10:46] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[10:46] | Did I miss an appointment? | 我忘记了跟你的预约吗 |
[10:48] | Oh, no, sir. I was upstairs with Mrs. Kennedy. | 没有 我刚在楼上见了肯尼迪夫人 |
[10:53] | Why? | 怎么回事儿 |
[10:54] | I’ve been treating her for some time now, sir. | 我对她的治疗已经有些日子了 先生 |
[10:57] | She’s been responding quite well. | 她反应很不错 |
[11:01] | Treating her for what? | 可她要治疗什么 |
[11:02] | Next week you have the Red Cross dinner in San Francisco. | 下周您要参加旧金山市的红十字会晚宴 |
[11:05] | Um, now I can cancel if you’d rather not go. | 不过如果您不想去我可以取消 |
[11:06] | No, no. It’s important that I be there. | 别别 我还是去比较好 |
[11:08] | And from there, I’ll fly down to L.A. | 我到时候就从那儿直接飞洛杉矶 |
[11:09] | And speak with the American Film Society. | 会见美国电影协会 |
[11:11] | Terrific. | 很好 |
[11:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:15] | There are some potential conflicts here as well. | 这儿也有些冲突 |
[11:16] | What do you think? | 您怎么想 |
[11:17] | Oh, no, no, no. I can do both. | 不不不 这两个我都能去 |
[11:18] | Great. | 很好 |
[11:19] | Oh, Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[11:20] | Hi, Tish. | 你好 提什 |
[11:21] | Jack. | 杰克 |
[11:25] | I’m doing a photo shoot. | 我在准备拍照 |
[11:26] | Yeah. Uh, can I, uh, talk to you? | 好啊 能不能跟你说几句话 |
[11:30] | Sure. | 当然 |
[11:34] | I just– I just ran into, uh, Jacobson. | 我 我刚碰到了雅各布森 |
[11:37] | Oh, yeah. He was just here. | 对 他才来过 |
[11:38] | Yeah, he told me he’s been seeing you for a couple of months. | 他说他来给你看病已经有好几个月了 |
[11:40] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你怎么不跟我说 |
[11:43] | Oh, I didn’t want to burden you with my problems. | 我不想给你徒增负担 |
[11:45] | I was exhausted. | 我之前就是有些太累了 |
[11:48] | You don’t need Jacobson. I do. | 你不需要雅各布森 我需要 |
[11:51] | I’m on 19 different medications. | 我现在得靠着19种不同的药物 |
[11:53] | It’s debilitating. | 我很虚弱 |
[11:54] | I need the guy to stay awake, for Christ’s sake. | 我的天 我才需要他来帮我保持清醒 |
[11:57] | You’re using him to go from San Francisco to L.A. | 你却让他帮你满世界乱跑 |
[11:59] | I’m trying to do my job, | 我是在完成我的工作 |
[12:01] | and sometimes, there just aren’t enough hours in the day. | 有时候白天的时间根本不够 |
[12:04] | Okay. I just want you to be careful. Okay? | 好了 我只是想让你小心点 好吗 |
[12:06] | They’re very strong, and, | 那些药的药性很强 而且 |
[12:07] | I don’t want you to get dependant on that. | 我不想你对药品产生依赖性 |
[12:09] | Like you are? | 像你一样 |
[12:11] | Stop comparing yourself to me. | 别和我相比 |
[12:13] | Jack, if you want me to just stay home, fine. | 杰克 如果你想让我待在家里 那没问题 |
[12:15] | But if not, I need it. | 但如果你不想 我就需要吃药 |
[12:20] | Tish, I’m ready. | 提什 我准备好了 |
[12:21] | Terrific. We’re ready, everyone. | 太好了 各位 一切就绪 |
[12:23] | Let’s go. | 开始吧 |
[12:28] | Well, the President is extremely concerned | 总统十分担心 |
[12:30] | about this escalating and getting out of hand. | 事态会升级甚至失控 |
[12:32] | We don’t want violence of any kind. | 我们不想看到任何暴力事件 |
[12:35] | Well, how many demonstrators are on the campus now? | 现在校园里有多少示威者 |
[12:39] | Listen, how– how close are you to the Governor? | 听着 你现在离州长有多远 |
[12:41] | Can you get the radiophone to him for me, please? | 请你把无线电话给他接 好吗 |
[12:44] | Thank you. I-I appreciate that. | 谢谢你 劳驾了 |
[12:47] | They’re–they’re gonna put Barnett on line two in a– | 他们要让巴奈特接电话 |
[12:49] | one second. | 马上 |
[12:51] | Hello, Governor? Yeah, this is the Attorney General. | 你好 州长 是的 我是司法部长 |
[12:54] | I have the President of the United States for you. | 美国总统要跟你讲话 |
[12:56] | – Hello. – Yes, sir, Mr. President. | -你好 -你好 总统先生 |
[12:59] | I understand you’re having some problems down there. | 我知道你那边出了点问题 |
[13:02] | I want to do what, uh, whatever I can to | 如果有办法帮你走出困境 |
[13:04] | help you get through them. | 我会全力以赴的 |
[13:06] | I appreciate that, Mr. President. | 非常感谢 总统先生 |
[13:08] | It’s a combustible situation. | 现在的情况一触即发 |
[13:10] | I-I got my police and state troopers on the campus, | 我派了警察和州警到校园里 |
[13:13] | but these demonstrators are mighty stirred up. | 不过示威者的情绪异常激动 |
[13:16] | Now you have a listen for yourself. | 您自己来听听吧 |
[13:30] | – You hear that? – Yes, that’s all fine. | -听到了吗 -是的 没关系 |
[13:32] | Can we– can we calm that situation down? | 我们可以把事态平息下来吗 |
[13:34] | How do you suggest we proceed? | 你觉得我们该怎么做 |
[13:35] | Well, I believe we can defuse this whole matter | 我认为把梅瑞迪斯拒之门外 |
[13:39] | by keeping Meredith from coming on campus. | 就能彻底解决问题 |
[13:42] | Well, obviously the court has issued their order here, Governor. | 但是法庭已经下达了命令 州长 |
[13:46] | And I’m bound by oath to carry it out. | 我得遵守誓言 严格执行 |
[13:48] | I’m bound by oath to abide by the laws of my state, | 我也要遵守誓言 坚持本州法律 |
[13:53] | which prohibit the mixing of races in public institutions. | 在公共机构是禁止种族融合的 |
[13:57] | Well, we, we certainly don’t want to have to | 我们真的不想被迫 |
[13:59] | send the National Guard down there, Governor. | 出动国民警卫队 州长 |
[14:01] | Sending in the Guard’s just throwing gasoline on the fire. | 派遣警卫队就是火上浇油 |
[14:05] | Well, it’s gonna get a hell of a lot worse down there | 如果你不把局面控制住 |
[14:07] | if you don’t, uh, get the situation under control | 并且让梅瑞迪斯入学 |
[14:09] | and get Meredith enrolled, do you understand that? | 结果会更加严重 明白吗 |
[14:12] | If you don’t, it’s– it’s not gonna stop here. | 如果你一意孤行 后果还不只如此 |
[14:14] | We’re gonna have your state’s federal funding withheld, | 我们会取消你的联邦政府财政拨款 |
[14:16] | and I’ll cut off your poultry subsidies, | 中断你们的禽类补贴 |
[14:19] | and I’ll have the NCAA pull you right out of, | 禁止你们参加美国大学体育总会 |
[14:21] | uh, all future ball games. | 未来所有的球赛 |
[14:23] | – You cannot do that. – Oh, yes, I can. | -您不能这么做 -我当然能 |
[14:26] | And if you think I’ve disrupted your way of life now, | 不要以为这样就扰乱了你的生活 |
[14:28] | you haven’t seen anything yet. | 那好戏还在后头呢 |
[14:31] | I thought the ball games was a nice touch. | 我觉得球赛那句妙极了 |
[14:52] | Suppose you know what’s going on down in Mississippi, Mr. Bolden. | 看来你知道密西西比州的事了 博登先生 |
[14:55] | Yes, sir. I do. | 是的 先生 |
[14:57] | Well, we certainly want Meredith to be enrolled, | 我们肯定想让梅瑞迪斯入学 |
[14:59] | but, if it means him getting killed | 但如果他或者其他学生 |
[15:02] | or, uh, any of these other students, | 要为此付出生命的代价 |
[15:05] | I’m just, hell, I’m not prepared to– | 我就 我还没准备好去 |
[15:08] | You don’t have to explain anything to me, sir. | 您不必跟我解释 先生 |
[15:16] | I grew up in a bit of an ivory tower. | 我是在白人区长大的 |
[15:19] | I don’t think I met a Negro until I was in college. | 上大学之前都没见过黑人 |
[15:28] | I took certain things for granted, | 我认为有些事是理所当然的 |
[15:30] | because… | 因为 |
[15:36] | they didn’t affect me. | 它们对我没有影响 |
[15:38] | Learning new ways takes time, Mr. President. | 接受新的观念需要时间 总统先生 |
[15:42] | It takes time. | 急不来的 |
[15:45] | Mr. Bolden. | 博登先生 |
[15:47] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[15:48] | Can you, can you help me out of this chair? | 能不能把我扶起来 |
[15:51] | Yes, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[16:11] | Jackie. | 杰姬 |
[16:14] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[16:16] | Where’s my wife? | 我太太呢 |
[16:18] | – She’s in New Orleans, sir. – Right. | -她在新奥尔良 先生 -对了 |
[16:20] | – Back in the morning. – Right. | -明早回来 -没错 |
[16:23] | This little guy just doesn’t want to go to sleep tonight. | 这个小家伙今晚不想睡觉了 |
[16:27] | Well, I, uh… | 我 |
[16:29] | I’ll take him. | 我来抱他吧 |
[16:31] | You sure, sir? He’s getting awfully heavy. | 确定吗 先生 他现在可重了 |
[16:33] | Well, I’m sure. Let’s go. I got him. | 当然 来吧 我来抱他 |
[16:36] | Oh, yeah. Okay. | 这才对嘛 好了 |
[16:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[16:42] | Hi. You miss your old man? | 你好啊 想你老爸了吗 |
[16:46] | I haven’t seen you in a couple of days. | 我们都几天没见了 |
[16:49] | You’re not getting lonely, are you? | 你没有感到寂寞吧 |
[16:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:55] | The tension is as high as the temperature here in Oxford, Mississippi, | 随着詹姆斯·梅瑞迪斯在一队联邦法警的护送下 |
[16:58] | as James Meredith, accompanied by a contingent of Federal Marshals, | 抵达州立大学校园 密西西比大学牛津校园的 |
[17:02] | has arrived on the state university campus. | 现场气氛变得和天气一般火热 |
[17:07] | We will not be permitted to film | 我们无法获得拍摄许可来报道 |
[17:08] | the meeting of Meredith and Governor Barnett | 梅瑞迪斯和巴奈特州长 |
[17:10] | in the office of the Registrar. | 在教务主任办公室内的会谈 |
[17:12] | State officials have cited concerns | 州政府官员们出于对梅瑞迪斯先生 |
[17:14] | for Mr. Meredith’s personal safety | 人身安全的考虑 |
[17:16] | as their reason for the exclusion of our cameras. | 禁止我们进行拍摄 |
[17:18] | Yet the man at the center of this controversy | 令人意外的是 事件的当事人 |
[17:20] | seems surprisingly unaffected by the furor surrounding him. | 似乎没有被吵杂的环境所影响 |
[17:24] | Mr. Meredith appears to be as calm and composed | 与周围人群的狂躁愤怒相比 |
[17:26] | as the crowd is raucous and bellicose. | 梅瑞迪斯先生显得沉着冷静 |
[17:43] | Meredith, I gotta hand it to you. | 梅瑞迪斯 我得承认 |
[17:46] | You’re a mighty brave fella. | 你真是勇气可嘉 |
[17:50] | Governor. | 州长 |
[17:51] | I’m honored that you’re here to welcome me. | 非常荣幸能够得到您的接见 |
[17:56] | There are plenty of Negro schools out there. | 黑人学校到处都是 |
[17:59] | Are you sure you wouldn’t be more comfortable | 你不觉得跟同类待在一起 |
[18:01] | with your own kind? | 更舒服吗 |
[18:03] | Sir, I’m a citizen of Mississippi. | 先生 我是密西西比州的公民 |
[18:05] | I am with my own kind. | 我正在跟同类待在一起 |
[18:08] | Now according to the school’s charter, | 根据学校的章程 |
[18:10] | I’ve met all the entrance requirements. | 我符合所有入学要求 |
[18:12] | All but one. | 除了其中一项 |
[18:14] | Governor, | 州长 |
[18:16] | this is the Supreme Court order empowering us to see | 最高法院授权我们至此 |
[18:20] | that Mr. Meredith’s civil rights are not infringed. | 确保梅瑞迪斯先生的公民权利不受侵犯 |
[18:27] | Far be it from me to infringe his civil rights | 我既无意侵犯他的公民权利 |
[18:31] | or disavow the nobility of the court. | 也不想否认法院权威 |
[18:35] | But according to Mr. Registrar, | 但根据教务主任先生的说法 |
[18:37] | there’s been a small clerical error | 学校程序上出了一些问题 |
[18:39] | and the freshman class is all full up. | 新生录取名额已经满了 |
[18:44] | So if I were you, | 所以换做是我的话 |
[18:46] | I’d just turn around and go on home. | 我就会转身回家 |
[18:49] | Sir, the freshman class is not full, and we both know it. | 先生 你我都知道名额没有满 |
[18:53] | If you’re not a student or an employee of this university, | 你若非在校学生或是学校雇员 |
[18:57] | you’re a trespasser. | 你现在的行为就是非法入侵 |
[19:04] | But he’s fine otherwise? | 除此之外他现在还好吗 |
[19:06] | He wasn’t, uh, harmed in any way? | 他有没有受伤 |
[19:09] | No, no, I-I-I appreciate that. Thank you. | 不 不是 很好 谢谢 |
[19:12] | All right. Bye. | 好了 再见 |
[19:15] | They’re, uh, at a stalemate now. | 我们进退两难 |
[19:18] | Barnett won’t let him in, uh, Meredith refuses to leave. | 巴奈特不让他进去 梅瑞迪斯拒绝离开 |
[19:23] | Well… I’m not gonna give Barnett a victory | 我不能让梅瑞迪斯无功而返 |
[19:26] | by pulling out Meredith. | 让巴奈特得逞 |
[19:29] | Meredith has to stay there. | 梅瑞迪斯必须留在那儿 |
[19:30] | He’s gotta be guarded by Marshals and, uh– | 会有法警负责保护他的安全 而且 |
[19:31] | – Well, he’s on the campus now, so, uh– – on the campus. | -他现在就在学校 所以 -就在学校 |
[19:34] | But I just think, uh, we can’t get by now | 我想现在 如果你不讲几句话 |
[19:35] | without, uh, having some sort of address by you. | 这件事情就成不了 |
[19:37] | Just let the American people know | 要让美国人民知道 |
[19:39] | – that this is in the, uh, hands of the President. – I agree. | -总统在处理这件事 -我同意 |
[19:43] | I’m gonna go on television tonight. | 今晚就电视发言 |
[19:46] | Well, what’s he gonna say on TV? | 那他打算在电视上说什么 |
[19:49] | That law and order will be maintained, | 国家必须维护法律与秩序 |
[19:51] | and that Meredith will be admitted. | 必须录取梅瑞迪斯 |
[19:54] | General… now that’s gonna kill me politically. | 部长 这会断送我的政治生涯 |
[19:58] | Well, this really isn’t about your political future. | 这与你的政治生涯无关 |
[20:01] | You either accept it and you become part of the process, | 要么你识得大体 接受安排 |
[20:04] | or we’ll have no choice but to send in the troops. | 否则 我们别无选择只能出动军队 |
[20:07] | I had… hoped we could reason this out. | 我以为这事可以通过谈判解决 |
[20:11] | This has gone well beyond reason | 因为你的行为 情况已经 |
[20:13] | because of your actions. | 不可收拾了 |
[20:14] | However, the President is willing to save your face | 幸好总统还愿维护你的颜面 |
[20:17] | and praise your stewardship if you agree to the inevitable. | 只要你答应 他会赞扬你管理有方 |
[20:21] | What could I say | 我还能说什么呢 |
[20:23] | in the light of the overwhelming odds stacked against me? | 压倒性的局势已经摆在我面前了 |
[20:26] | You can give me your word | 你可以向我保证 |
[20:27] | that Meredith will be admitted. | 梅瑞迪斯一定会被录取 |
[20:31] | Yes, sir. | 好吧 先生 |
[20:33] | – You have my word. – Good. | -我保证 -很好 |
[20:51] | Please, Joe. | 吃点吧 乔 |
[20:53] | Bridget made such a wonderful cobbler– | 布里吉特做了这么美味的馅饼 |
[20:57] | the last peaches of summer. | 这可是夏天最后的蜜桃 |
[21:03] | Don’t be difficult. | 别这么犟 |
[21:07] | It’s such a waste, Joe. | 太浪费了 乔 |
[21:11] | I need your help, Michelle. | 我需要你帮忙 米歇尔 |
[21:16] | I can’t feed him. | 我喂不了他 |
[21:20] | I’ll take care of it, Mrs. Kennedy. | 我会照顾他的 肯尼迪夫人 |
[21:35] | Hello, Joe. | 你好 乔 |
[21:42] | Here you go. | 来 吃一口 |
[21:44] | Yeah. | 很好 |
[21:46] | Try it. | 尝尝看 |
[22:25] | You have five minutes left. Five minutes. | 你们还有五分钟 五分钟 |
[22:30] | Keep within the lines, Rosemary. | 涂在线里面 罗斯玛丽 |
[22:36] | Don’t do that. That costs money. | 别这样 纸是用钱买的 |
[22:39] | It’s all right, dear. | 没什么 亲爱的 |
[22:40] | No, it’s not all right. Don’t tell her it’s all right. | 这不是没什么 别跟她说没什么 |
[22:47] | Let’s do this one, hmm? | 我们涂这个 好吗 |
[22:51] | My daughter, Rosemary, | 我的女儿 罗斯玛丽 |
[22:53] | was very upset last year | 去年发现自己跟不上别人的时候 |
[22:55] | when she was held back. | 表现得十分沮丧 |
[22:58] | We’ve all tried to help her– | 我们都努力过帮助她 |
[22:59] | her brothers and sisters, as well myself. | 她的兄弟姐妹们 还有我 |
[23:02] | My husband travels quite a bit, so he hasn’t– | 我的丈夫经常出差在外 所以他没能 |
[23:04] | She doesn’t need our life story. | 你用不着把家里的事儿全讲一遍 |
[23:06] | Ask me, all she needs to do is to work harder | 要我说 她只要再努力一点 |
[23:09] | and develop some self-control. | 多点自制能力 |
[23:11] | It’s more complicated than that. | 实际情况要复杂得多 |
[23:13] | According to the Binet Intelligence Test, | 根据比奈智力测试 |
[23:16] | Rosemary’s IQ is between 60 and 70. | 罗斯玛丽的智商在60到70之间 |
[23:20] | She’ll never advance beyond | 她的智力水平 |
[23:22] | the intellectual capacity of an 8 year old. | 将永远无法超过一个八岁小孩 |
[23:27] | But that– that’s impossible. | 但这 这不可能 |
[23:31] | I’ll hire tutors, uh, as many as she needs. | 我可以请家庭教师 多少个都可以 |
[23:34] | That is only part of the problem. | 那只是问题之一 |
[23:36] | Her fits of temper are expressions of her frustration. | 发脾气是她沮丧的表现 |
[23:40] | She understands that she can’t keep up with her classmates, | 她发现她无法跟上同学的水平 |
[23:44] | and this will only get worse as time goes by. | 随着时间的推移情况只会更糟 |
[23:46] | No, it won’t. | 这不可能 |
[23:48] | I know my daughter. She’ll get better. | 我了解我的女儿 她会好转的 |
[23:51] | What should we do? | 那我们该怎么办 |
[23:53] | There are a number of facilities throughout New England | 新英格兰地区有许多学校 |
[23:57] | that do wonderful work with children like Rosemary. | 非常擅长处理罗斯玛丽的这种情况 |
[24:00] | You… you mean an institution? | 你的意思是 特殊机构 |
[24:04] | I-I-I’m not sending her away. | 我不会把她送走的 |
[24:07] | Well, we don’t have the resources or capabilities to help her. | 我们的资源与能力都无法帮助她 |
[24:12] | Then we’ll do it ourselves. | 那我们就自己解决 |
[24:20] | – No! No! – Rosemary. Rosemary. | -不要 -罗斯玛丽 罗斯玛丽 |
[24:23] | I don’t like my food! I don’t want to eat my food! | 我不喜欢我的食物 我不想吃 |
[24:26] | – Please stop. – Aah! | -请停下 -啊 |
[24:29] | Rosemary, what are you doing?! | 罗斯玛丽 你在干什么 |
[24:30] | No more food, Daddy! | 我不要吃了 爸爸 |
[24:33] | – No! No! – Rosemary, this is our house. | -不吃 不吃 -罗斯玛丽 这是咱自己家里 |
[24:35] | – No, no more. No! – You don’t throw plates at your mother! | -不吃 我不吃 -你不能朝你母亲扔盘子 |
[24:37] | – Joe. Joe, don’t hurt her. – No, no more food! | -乔 乔 别伤害她 -我不吃了 |
[24:39] | – Joe, please be careful with her. – Stop right now! | -乔 求求你对她温柔一点 -给我住手 |
[24:41] | Please be careful with her, Joe! | 小心一点 乔 |
[24:43] | – No! No! No! No! – Stop now! Stop it, Rosemary! | -不吃 不吃 -别闹了 罗斯玛丽 |
[24:46] | Stop it now! Stop it! | 马上停下 停下 |
[24:59] | I’ve given her a sedative. | 我给她打了镇定剂 |
[25:00] | She’ll sleep through the night. | 她会一直睡到明早 |
[25:03] | She may be a little groggy tomorrow, | 明天可能有点头晕 |
[25:05] | but it’ll wear off. | 不过会好的 |
[25:07] | Thank you, doctor. | 谢谢你 医生 |
[25:16] | How many more times are we gonna go through this? | 这样的情况我们还要再经历多少次 |
[25:19] | Oh, Joe, it was my fault. | 乔 是我不对 |
[25:20] | I forgot she doesn’t like steamed carrots. | 我忘记她不喜欢吃蒸胡萝卜了 |
[25:22] | It was the carrots tonight. Last night, it was the dress. | 今晚是胡萝卜 昨晚是裙子 |
[25:25] | It’ll always be something, and it’s gonna get worse. | 她总会找到借口发脾气 以后只会更糟 |
[25:30] | Now I love her, Rosie. You know that. | 我爱她 罗丝 你知道的 |
[25:32] | But… this isn’t the best place for her. | 但是这里不适合她 |
[25:36] | She needs help we can’t provide. | 我们帮不了她 |
[25:37] | She needs us. | 她需要我们 |
[25:39] | So do the others, and let’s be honest. | 其它几个孩子也需要我们 老实说 |
[25:41] | They have a future, and she doesn’t. | 那几个孩子还有未来 而她没有 |
[25:43] | She’s gonna be like this for the rest of her life. | 她一辈子都会是现在这个样子 |
[25:45] | She’s our gift from God, Joe. | 她是上帝赐予我们的礼物 乔 |
[25:49] | Please. | 求你了 |
[25:53] | You can visit her whenever you like. | 你随时都可以去看她 |
[25:55] | But I’m insisting now. | 但我现在必须送她走 |
[26:17] | A series of courts, | 各级法院 |
[26:19] | all the way to the Supreme Court | 包括最高法院在内 |
[26:21] | have repeatedly ordered Mr. James Meredith’s admission | 都多次命令密西西比大学接受 |
[26:23] | to the University of Mississippi. | 詹姆斯·梅瑞迪斯先生的报到申请 |
[26:25] | He is now in residence on the campus. | 他现在住在校园里 |
[26:28] | This is as it should be. | 事情本就应该如此 |
[26:30] | For our nation is founded on the principle | 因为我们的国家是建立在这样的基础上的 |
[26:33] | that observance of the law | 那就是遵守法律 |
[26:35] | is the eternal safeguard of liberty. | 才能永久地保障自由 |
[26:38] | The President is giving a speech to the nation | 总统正在向全国发表演说 |
[26:42] | claiming victory over our sovereign rights. | 宣称他战胜了我们的国家主权 |
[26:45] | Now I’m giving my own speech to you good people | 现在我向你们发表我自己的演说 |
[26:49] | and I’m exhorting you | 并劝诫你们 |
[26:50] | to rise up in indignation if President Kennedy | 如果肯尼迪总统将自己的意愿强加于你们 |
[26:54] | tries to impose his will upon you. | 你们一定要奋起反抗 |
[26:56] | And defiance of the law is the surest road to tyranny. | 而蔑视法律必将带来暴政 |
[27:00] | I will uphold the traditions of my state! | 我必将维护本州的传统 |
[27:04] | And I will honor | 我必将捍卫 |
[27:05] | the history of this fine university! | 这所优秀大学悠久的历史 |
[27:08] | Americans are free, in short, to disagree with the law, | 总之 美国人民有权对法律持不同意见 |
[27:13] | but not to disobey it. | 但无权不服从法律 |
[27:14] | I look around me, and I see all these Federal Marshals | 看看四周 我看到了这些被华盛顿官员 |
[27:20] | sent here by people up in Washington | 派遣到这里的联邦法警 |
[27:23] | who think we’re nothing but a bunch | 那些官员认为我们就是一群 |
[27:24] | of violent, bloodthirsty hillbillies. | 暴力的 嗜血的乡巴佬 |
[27:27] | For in a government of laws and not of men, | 我们是一个法治政府 不是人治政府 |
[27:31] | no man, however prominent or powerful… | 没有人 不管他多么杰出或强大 |
[27:34] | The President and his brother don’t understand | 总统和他的弟弟并不知道 |
[27:37] | that we’re a peaceful, God-fearing people. | 我们是爱好和平 敬畏上帝的人 |
[27:41] | And no mob, however unruly or boisterous, | 不管多么蛮横或凶猛的暴徒 |
[27:44] | is entitled to defy a court of law. | 都没有资格公然反抗法院 |
[27:47] | We will not retreat. | 我们不会退却 |
[27:49] | Even in the face of the strength | 即使是面对整个 |
[27:51] | of the entire federal government, | 联邦政府的强大力量 |
[27:53] | we will stand up to tyranny in the name of justice! | 我们都会以正义的名义反抗暴政 |
[28:01] | God bless you all! | 上帝保佑你们 |
[28:04] | And God bless the great state of Mississippi! | 上帝保佑伟大的密西西比州 |
[28:35] | It’s a massive riot. | 现在已经大规模骚乱了 |
[28:36] | He riled up the crowd, he withdrew the state troopers. | 他激怒了民众 撤走了州警 |
[28:38] | The marshals can’t control it now. | 法警现在控制不了局面了 |
[28:40] | – Where’s Meredith? – Well he’s safe for now, but… | -梅瑞迪斯在哪儿 -他现在很安全 但是 |
[28:42] | I’m gonna prosecute that son of a bitch. | 我要起诉那个狗日的 |
[28:44] | The hell with that, Bobby. | 有什么用啊 波比 |
[28:45] | Make him more of a martyr? | 让他看起来更像个殉道者吗 |
[28:47] | For Chris’ sake, he’s not even the problem down there right now. | 天啊 现在的主要问题根本不是他 |
[28:50] | We gotta get it under control. | 我们必须控制局势 |
[28:58] | I want that rioting stopped. | 我要平息骚乱 |
[29:01] | Now, uh… | 马上 |
[29:05] | send in the National Guard. | 派国民警卫队过去 |
[29:20] | Look at you. Hmm? | 看看你 |
[29:25] | My handsome man. | 我的帅小伙 |
[29:34] | Mrs. Kennedy. | 肯尼迪夫人 |
[29:35] | So nice to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[29:37] | I had a last-minute schedule change. | 我临时改变了行程 |
[29:39] | Where’s my mother-in-law? | 我婆婆在哪儿 |
[29:41] | She’s at mass. | 她去做弥撒了 |
[29:49] | Hi, Grandpa. | 你好啊 老爷子 |
[29:55] | You’re wearing the robe we got you for your birthday. | 你穿的是我们送你的生日睡袍啊 |
[29:58] | It looks so nice on you. | 你穿着真好看 |
[30:02] | I was in New York this morning, | 我今天早上在纽约 |
[30:04] | and I had to come by and see you before I went back. | 在我回去之前我必须来这儿看看你 |
[30:07] | I was barking orders, getting everybody crazy. | 我一直在吼着发号施令 让每个人抓狂 |
[30:11] | You would’ve been proud of me. | 你一定会为我骄傲的 |
[30:16] | And I brought you something. | 我给你带了点东西 |
[30:19] | Can you guess what it is? | 你能猜到是什么吗 |
[30:39] | I ordered it from that store on Savile Row | 这是我从萨维尔街的那家商店订的 |
[30:41] | you used to shop when you were Ambassador. | 你当大使的时候常在这家买东西 |
[30:48] | You’re going to be needing it very soon. | 很快你就会用到它了 |
[31:12] | Mr. Kennedy got through the whole day without taking a nap. | 肯尼迪先生今天一整天都没有打盹儿 |
[31:15] | I think that’s very encouraging. | 我觉得这是好消息 |
[31:24] | After his therapy tomorrow, | 明天他的治疗结束之后 |
[31:25] | I’ll take him for a ride up the cape. | 我会带他去科德角转转 |
[31:27] | He hasn’t been out for a couple of days. | 他好几天没出过门了 |
[31:34] | And he could use some more pajamas. | 他还需要几件睡衣 |
[31:36] | – He really likes those silk ones, those silk– – Michelle, | -他很喜欢那些丝绸的 -米歇尔 |
[31:39] | I’d prefer to eat alone, if you don’t mind. | 如果你不介意的话 我想一个人吃饭 |
[31:51] | Of course. | 当然不介意 |
[31:54] | I didn’t mean to disturb you. | 我不是有意打扰您的 |
[32:22] | Thank you, Mike. | 谢谢你 麦克 |
[32:24] | Mrs. Kennedy and I really appreciate this. | 我夫人和我非常感激你 |
[32:27] | I-I can’t take it, Mr. Ambassador. | 我不能拿你的钱 大使先生 |
[32:30] | Just between us. | 只有你我知道 |
[32:35] | Okay. Thank you, sir. | 好的 谢谢你 先生 |
[32:45] | Rosemary… | 罗斯玛丽 |
[32:48] | You can’t keep running away from the convent. | 你不能老是从修道院里跑出来 |
[32:51] | You make the sisters very upset. | 你让修女们很不高兴 |
[32:54] | I’m a good girl. | 我是个好孩子 |
[32:56] | I know you are, | 我知道你是好孩子 |
[32:58] | but Mommy and Daddy are very worried. | 但爸爸妈妈非常担心你 |
[33:02] | There are no boys at the convent. | 女修道院里没有男孩 |
[33:05] | I like talking to boys. | 我喜欢跟男孩讲话 |
[33:07] | Yes. | 我知道 |
[33:09] | It’s fine to talk to boys. | 跟男孩说话没问题 |
[33:12] | But we don’t want anything to happen to you. | 但我们不想你出任何事情 |
[33:17] | I’m a good girl. I’m… a very good girl. | 我是个好孩子 很好的孩子 |
[33:23] | Luella, take Rosemary to her room. | 卢埃拉 带罗斯玛丽回她的房间 |
[33:27] | I’ll be up in a minute. | 我过一会儿就上楼 |
[33:31] | Mommy. | 妈妈 |
[33:33] | I don’t want you to worry. | 我不想让你担心 |
[33:41] | Come on, now. It’s late. | 来吧 很晚了 |
[33:42] | Let’s get you to bed. | 我送你去睡觉 |
[33:48] | If she keeps running away, | 要是她不停地逃跑的话 |
[33:51] | anything could happen. | 什么事情都可能发生 |
[33:53] | She could get kidnapped, she… | 她可能会被绑架 她 |
[33:57] | she could get pregnant. | 她可能会怀孕 |
[34:02] | I know. | 我知道 |
[34:52] | Over 200 people arrested, | 超过200人被逮捕 |
[34:54] | 160 wounded, and, uh, 2 bystanders killed | 160人受伤 警卫队控制住人群之前 |
[34:57] | before the guard took control of the crowd. | 有两名围观者被杀 |
[34:59] | Now the, uh, Southern Caucus is calling it | 现在南方党团会议称之为 |
[35:00] | “an egregious exercise in federal power.” | “一次动用联邦力量的暴力行动” |
[35:03] | That son of a bitch. Barnett brought this on himself | 那个狗日的 巴奈特这是自找的 |
[35:05] | when he pulled out those state troopers. | 谁让他撤出州警呢 |
[35:08] | Is Meredith still with the Marshals? | 梅瑞迪斯仍和法警们在一起吗 |
[35:09] | Yes, he is. | 对 没错 |
[35:10] | Is he safe? | 他安全吗 |
[35:11] | I believe he’s fine. | 我相信他很安全 |
[35:18] | Yes, Mrs. Lincoln. | 什么事 林肯夫人 |
[35:21] | Barnett. | 是巴奈特 |
[35:24] | Yes, put him through. | 对 接进来 |
[35:29] | Governor. | 州长 |
[35:30] | Sir, I’m here on the campus. | 先生 我现在校园内 |
[35:33] | Meredith is signing his enrollment papers | 梅瑞迪斯此刻正在办理 |
[35:36] | at this very moment. | 新生注册手续 |
[35:37] | His first class is tomorrow morning. | 他的第一堂课就在明天早上 |
[35:39] | I believe it’s Colonial American History. | 我相信这将被载入美国的殖民历史 |
[35:43] | Now I hope we can put this rather sordid affair behind us | 现在我希望我们都能不计前嫌 |
[35:46] | and restore an atmosphere of congeniality. | 重新营造一个和谐的氛围 |
[35:49] | You lied to me, Governor. | 你向我撒了谎 州长 |
[35:51] | People died last night because of that. | 昨晚就有人因为你的谎言而丧命 |
[35:53] | I hope you can live with it. | 我希望你在良心上过得去 |
[35:55] | Mr. President, my only regret is, | 总统先生 我唯一后悔的就是 |
[35:57] | the wrong people died. | 该死的没有死 |
[36:09] | This issue is, uh, far from over. | 这件事还远未结束 |
[36:14] | Well, look at it this way, Jack. | 你从这个角度来看这件事 杰克 |
[36:15] | You got Meredith enrolled. | 你让梅瑞迪斯入了学 |
[36:18] | It’s a good start. | 这是个好的开始 |
[36:22] | Uh, yeah, we can meet at, uh, | 好的 我们可以在 |
[36:24] | 5:00 a.m., before the kids wake. | 早上五点见面 趁孩子都还没醒 |
[36:27] | Can you do that? | 你有问题吗 |
[36:28] | I gotta be back by the time the kids get up. | 我必须要在孩子们起床前回到家 |
[36:35] | How are you? | 你还好吗 |
[36:37] | I heard Meredith enrolled this morning. | 我听说 今天早上梅瑞迪斯已经入学了 |
[36:39] | That’s wonderful. | 那真是太棒了 |
[36:43] | Yeah, it’s a– it’s a start. | 这 这才刚开头 |
[36:47] | Those calm me down. | 我用那个当镇静剂 |
[36:51] | Well, what’s, uh, what’s the problem? | 到底 到底出了什么问题 |
[36:53] | I can’t sleep. I’m wired. | 我睡不着 异常兴奋 |
[36:57] | Jacobson up the dosage? | 雅各布森加大剂量了吗 |
[36:59] | Yeah, I asked him to. | 是的 我让他这么做的 |
[37:01] | Why? | 为什么 |
[37:02] | Well, I… | 我 |
[37:03] | I don’t have time to sleep, to be honest. | 老实说 我根本就没时间睡觉 |
[37:06] | Tomorrow, I start at 5:00 a.m. now. | 明天我五点就要开始工作 |
[37:09] | I have the Noble Peace Prize breakfast at 9:00. | 九点 我要出席诺贝尔和平奖的早餐会 |
[37:12] | And then I have five state dinners for this month. | 而且在这个月 我还要出席五场国宴 |
[37:15] | Did you like the foie gras from last Thursday? | 你喜欢上周四鹅肝酱的口味吗 |
[37:18] | Okay. I’m working on the guest list, too. | 那就好 我现在还要确定嘉宾名单 |
[37:20] | And then we have Kenneth– | 还有这个肯尼斯 |
[37:21] | I have to meet with him for 15 minutes. | 我必须要和他会谈十五分钟 |
[37:23] | Caroline’s doing her show-and-tell. | 卡洛琳要在班上做她的陈物介绍 |
[37:25] | It sounds like you’re doing too much. | 听起来你好像有做不完的事 |
[37:28] | Well, I’m not going to do this job halfway. | 是的 但是我不会半途而废的 |
[37:30] | It’s all or nothing. | 我不想前功尽弃 |
[37:31] | I’m just saying, maybe we could talk to, uh, Tish | 我只想说 也许我们可以告诉提什 |
[37:33] | and have her lighten up the, uh, schedule a little bit. | 让她把你的日程安排得稍微松一点 |
[37:36] | I can handle it. | 我能处理好的 |
[37:37] | Can you? Look at this. | 你行吗 看看你自己 |
[37:39] | You’re running yourself ragged. | 你都快被压垮了 |
[37:41] | Jacobson said I just need– | 雅各布森说我只需要 |
[37:42] | No, no, I think, uh, you need a break from him. | 不 不 我认为你需要跟他请个假了 |
[37:45] | Lay off this stuff for a while. | 这东西先停用一段时间 |
[37:51] | Jack… | 杰克 |
[37:57] | I’m afraid. | 我很害怕 |
[38:00] | What if I can’t do it? | 如果我做不到怎么办 |
[38:03] | Gonna help you. | 我会帮你的 |
[38:10] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[38:17] | Mr. Kennedy’s asleep. Will there be anything else? | 肯尼迪先生已经睡了 还有别的事吗 |
[38:20] | No, thank you. Good night. | 没了 谢谢你 晚安 |
[38:23] | Good night, ma’am. | 晚安 夫人 |
[38:42] | Why is Rosemary here? | 为什么罗斯玛丽会在这儿 |
[38:44] | She’s had a procedure. I ordered it done. | 她接受了一个手术 是我要求做的 |
[38:46] | Without telling me? | 怎么就没告诉呢 |
[38:47] | Well, I didn’t want you to worry. | 我是不想你太担心了 |
[38:49] | It’s very simple. It’s called a lobotomy. | 那只是个小手术 叫做前脑页白质切除术 |
[38:51] | Just calm her down a bit. | 只是为了能让她安静一点 |
[38:53] | Is it dangerous? | 手术危险吗 |
[38:54] | No. No, not at all. | 不 不 绝对没有 |
[38:56] | She’ll be our happy smiling girl again. | 她会重新变回我们的微笑乖乖女 |
[39:05] | There you are. She’s fine. | 就在那儿 她很好 |
[39:08] | How are you feeling, dear? | 你感觉怎么样 亲爱的 |
[39:10] | Daddy only just told me about all this. | 爸爸刚刚才把一切告诉了我 |
[39:13] | You look swell, honey. | 你看上去真漂亮 宝贝 |
[39:15] | Rosemary. | 罗斯玛丽 |
[39:18] | It’s me. It’s Mommy. | 是我 我是妈妈 |
[39:21] | Rosemary, your mother’s talking to you. | 罗斯玛丽 你妈妈在和你说话呢 |
[39:23] | Answer her. | 回答她 |
[39:32] | Rosemary? | 罗斯玛丽 |
[39:41] | Rosemary… | 罗斯玛丽 |
[39:43] | Mommy’s here. | 妈妈在这 |
[39:51] | Joe? | 乔 |
[40:00] | Joe, she… | 乔 她 |
[40:05] | she doesn’t know who we are. | 她不认识我们了 |
[40:08] | She doesn’t know who we are. | 她不认识我们了 |
[40:11] | Rosemary, talk to me. It’s Daddy. | 罗斯玛丽 说话呀 我是爸爸 |
[40:14] | Rosemary, talk to me. | 罗斯玛丽 说话呀 |
[40:27] | What have you done? | 你都做了些什么 |
[40:29] | How could you do this? | 你怎么能这么做呢 |
[40:33] | What have you done? | 你都做了些什么 |
[40:57] | I was so happy when Aunt Rose called. | 接到罗丝姑妈的电话时 我非常开心 |
[40:59] | I’ve always loved it up here. | 我一直都很喜欢待在这里 |
[41:01] | It’ll be wonderful spending time with the two of you. | 和你们在一起的时光 将会非常美妙 |
[41:08] | It’s a bit chilly. I’ll go get you a blanket. | 这里有点冷 我去给您拿条毛毯 |
[41:10] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上就回来 |
[41:23] | How did he react to seeing you? | 他看见你有什么反应吗 |
[41:25] | It’s hard to tell, | 这很难说 |
[41:26] | but I don’t think he was very happy. | 但我认为好像他不太开心 |
[41:29] | It’s just the surprise. | 只是觉得太意外了 |
[41:31] | He’ll be fine. | 他会好起来的 |
[41:49] | Isn’t it wonderful that Ann has come to be with you? | 安过来陪你 这不是很棒吗 |
[42:00] | I, uh… | 我 |
[42:02] | I let Michelle go. | 我让米歇尔走人了 |
[42:04] | It was just… too hard having her here. | 因为她在这让我如鲠在喉 |
[42:09] | And besides, Ann is family. | 另外 安是自己人 |
[42:12] | She’s done a few nursing courses, and, uh… | 她接受过一些护理培训 而且 |
[42:16] | she’s much better equipped than Michelle | 比起米歇尔 她更有能力 |
[42:19] | to handle your needs. | 照顾你 |
[42:34] | Not mine, Joe. | 报复的人不是我 乔 |
[42:38] | God’s. | 是上帝 |