时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | They don’t want me anymore– Jack and Bobby. | 他们哥俩不再需要我了 杰克和波比 |
[00:05] | When I went to Washington the other day, | 前不久我去华盛顿 |
[00:07] | that was what it was about. | 就是因为这个事 |
[00:08] | Did I miss an appointment? | 我忘记了跟你的预约吗 |
[00:08] | Oh, no, sir. I was upstairs with Mrs. Kennedy. | 哦不 我刚在楼上见了肯尼迪夫人 |
[00:10] | Why? | 怎么回事儿 |
[00:11] | I’ve been treating her for some time now, sir. | 我对她的治疗已经有些日子了 先生 |
[00:14] | I’m trying to do my job, and sometimes there just– | 我是在完成我的工作 有时候 |
[00:17] | there aren’t enough hours in the day, Jack. | 白天的时间根本不够 杰克 |
[00:20] | Mr. President, your father has suffered a massive stroke. | 总统先生 令尊刚才严重中风 |
[00:23] | Will he fully recover? | 他能挺过来吗 |
[00:24] | There may be some marginal improvement. | 可能会有些许好转 |
[00:26] | I would appreciate a direct answer. | 我要个痛快的回答 |
[00:28] | I don’t think so. | 恐怕不行 |
[02:11] | This government, as promised, | 本届政府 如之前所承诺的 |
[02:14] | has maintained the closest surveillance of the Soviet military buildup | 一直在对苏联在古巴岛上增加军备的态势 |
[02:18] | on the island of Cuba. | 进行密切监视 |
[02:21] | Unmistakable evidence has established the fact | 已有确凿证据表明 |
[02:24] | that a series of offensive missile sites | 在那个封闭的岛国上 |
[02:27] | is now in preparation on that imprisoned island. | 一系列的进攻性导弹发射场正在筹建之中 |
[02:31] | The purpose of these bases can be none other | 建造这些基地的用意很明显 |
[02:34] | than to provide a nuclear strike capability | 就是为证明他们拥有的核打击能力 |
[02:37] | against the Western Hemisphere. | 能与西方世界分庭抗礼 |
[02:40] | It shall be the policy of this nation to | 我们的应对方针是 |
[02:42] | regard any nuclear missile launched from Cuba | 将所有来自古巴的 |
[02:45] | against any nation in the Western Hemisphere | 对西方国家所发射的核导弹 |
[02:48] | as an attack by the Soviet Union on the United States, | 视为苏联对美国的打击 |
[02:52] | requiring a full retaliatory response upon the Soviet Union. | 我将会对苏联采取全面的报复行动 |
[03:00] | Little better. Still uneasy. | 稍微好点 但还是不舒服 |
[03:02] | I changed the dose slightly, Mr. President, | 我已调整了剂量 总统先生 |
[03:04] | so if you experience discomfort, | 如果您觉有任何不适 |
[03:05] | – please contact me. – Jack. | -请及时联系我 -杰克 |
[03:07] | Ah, Mrs. Kennedy. I haven’t seen you in some time. | 肯尼迪夫人 好久不见了 |
[03:10] | I hope you’re feeling well. | 希望您最近都好 |
[03:11] | Very well, thank you. | 很好 谢谢你 |
[03:12] | No problems weaning yourself off the medication? | 停药之后 身体有什么异样吗 |
[03:15] | Just a few restless nights, but that’s about all. | 只是有几个晚上心神不宁 仅此而已 |
[03:18] | Yeah, she’s doing great. Thank you. | 她现在很好 谢谢 |
[03:19] | Enjoy your evening, Mr. President. | 祝您今晚愉快 总统先生 |
[03:23] | – Can you zip me up? – Sure. | -能帮我拉上吗 -当然 |
[03:27] | I’m feeling so much better | 现在我不需要打针 |
[03:28] | now that I’m not doing those shots. | 感觉也挺好的 |
[03:31] | Well, I’m glad. | 是吗 真是太好了 |
[03:32] | Maybe you should think about stopping. | 也许你也该考虑一下停用了 |
[03:35] | It’s the only thing that keeps me going. | 只有那东西才能让我精力充沛 |
[03:37] | But what else are they doing to you? | 但除此之外还有什么作用呢 |
[03:39] | I don’t care if it’s horse piss. It works. | 我不在乎那是不是马尿 管用就行 |
[03:41] | You know he’s not a doctor? | 你知道他不是医生吗 |
[03:42] | He’s not even a member of the A.M.A. | 他甚至都不是美国医学协会的成员 |
[03:44] | Maybe that’s why he’s so effective. | 也许那就是他”药到病除”的原因 |
[03:47] | Yes? Yeah, we’re on our way. | 喂 好 我们这就下来 |
[03:51] | Come on, we got to… | 走吧 时间到了 |
[03:52] | You look beautiful. I love the dress. | 你真美 裙子漂亮极了 |
[03:55] | I’m serious. | 说真的 |
[04:00] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:06] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们 先生们 |
[04:07] | the President of the United States and the First lady. | 有请美利坚合众国总统和第一夫人 |
[04:14] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[04:16] | I think you’re gonna like it. | 我想你会喜欢的 |
[04:19] | It’s art. | 这是艺术 |
[04:21] | Well, I am prepared to, uh, suffer for it. | 我准备好了接受折磨 |
[04:24] | Jack. | 杰克 |
[04:25] | – Hello. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[04:26] | Mrs. Kennedy. | 肯尼迪夫人 |
[05:07] | That’s the end of the first movement. | 这只是第一乐章刚结束 |
[05:40] | Mr. President, there’s an emergency | 总统先生 总统办公室 |
[05:41] | phone call for you in the Oval Office. | 有一个紧急来电 |
[05:52] | They need me downstairs. | 楼下需要我 |
[06:46] | I said I’d go to the Girl Scouts Jamboree, | 我说我会去参加女童子军的露营活动 |
[06:48] | and he agreed to go to | 然后他就同意来观看 |
[06:50] | two concerts and a ballet. | 两场音乐会和一场芭蕾舞 |
[06:51] | But skipping out in the middle renders this one null and void. | 但要是中途退场 约定也就无效了 |
[06:54] | I’m hoping for an increase in government spending on the arts. | 我希望政府能在艺术文化方面增加预算 |
[06:58] | Jackie, a President’s work is never done. | 杰姬 总统永远有做不完的工作 |
[07:00] | Sure, Ben. Stick up for your friend. | 是哦 本 开始为好哥们鸣不平了啊 |
[07:03] | That is what men do, isn’t it? | 男人都这样 不是吗 |
[07:05] | Jackie, you know my sister, Mary Meyer. | 杰姬 你认识我的妹妹玛丽·梅耶吧 |
[07:07] | I sent you the catalog from her showing at the Findlay Gallery. | 我给过你她在芬得雷画廊艺术展的目录 |
[07:10] | I just came by to say good night. | 我只是过来道声晚安 |
[07:12] | You know the Eisenhowers kept | 你知道吗 艾森豪威尔一家 |
[07:14] | this place like a barracks? | 总把这地方弄得像个兵营 |
[07:15] | You have turned it into a palace. | 你却把这儿变成了宫殿 |
[07:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:23] | A wonderful party. | 这次聚会真的很棒 |
[07:26] | I want to know where the wind comes from. | 我想知道风是从哪儿来的 |
[07:37] | The wind begins in a cave. | 风从洞穴而来 |
[07:40] | Far to the north, | 在遥远的北方 |
[07:41] | a young God sleeps in that cave… | 一位年轻的天神就睡在那洞里 |
[07:43] | I didn’t think you would be at this thing tonight. | 我以为今晚你不会来 |
[07:46] | Change of plans. | 计划永远赶不上变化 |
[07:48] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[07:50] | I’m good. | 我很好 |
[07:53] | Anybody see you leave the party? | 有人看见你离场吗 |
[07:55] | Since when do you worry about that? | 你什么时候开始担心这个了 |
[07:59] | Do you never get tired of this movie? | 这部电影你就看不厌吗 |
[08:01] | No. No. It’s Kirk, for God sakes. | 当然看不厌 我的老天 这可是柯克 |
[08:05] | I’m gonna have to run back upstairs. | 我得回楼上去了 |
[08:08] | Do you want me to leave? | 要我离开吗 |
[08:09] | Every line… | 每条纹理 |
[08:12] | Every curve… | 每条曲线 |
[08:17] | I want to know every part of you. | 我想了解你的全部 |
[08:21] | If my husband were sleeping with Mary, | 如果我的丈夫和玛丽有染 |
[08:23] | she wouldn’t be on my guest list. | 那她就绝不会在应邀之列 |
[08:24] | Jackie puts up with it. | 杰姬却能忍受这点 |
[08:26] | She must figure if it’s inevitable, | 杰姬一定是知道这无法避免 |
[08:27] | she might as well make it convenient. | 所以还不如行个方便 |
[08:31] | Mrs. Kennedy, will the President be returning? | 肯尼迪夫人 总统会回来吗 |
[08:37] | No, he won’t. | 不会了 |
[08:40] | These people have each donated $1,000 to the foundation. | 这些人各自都向基金会捐赠了一千美元 |
[08:43] | They expect a picture with him. | 他们都希望能和他合影留念 |
[08:48] | Then they’ll have to settle for me. | 那他们不得不只能和我拍照了 |
[08:50] | Thank you, ma’am. | 谢谢 夫人 |
[08:52] | And I’ll send his regrets in the morning. | 明早我会替他表示歉意的 |
[08:54] | I’ll set it up. | 我会安排妥当的 |
[09:35] | I’m taking the kids to Virginia in the morning. | 明早我会带孩子们去弗吉尼亚 |
[09:37] | I’ll stay a while and do my work from there. | 我会待上一段时间 继续工作 |
[09:43] | What for? | 为什么 |
[09:44] | You didn’t come back. It was humiliating. | 你没回来 这让我很难堪 |
[09:47] | Well, I had to go downstairs and– | 我必须得去楼下 |
[09:49] | It was humiliating. | 简直就是奇耻大辱 |
[09:58] | How’s Mary Meyer? | 玛丽·梅耶还好吗 |
[10:06] | She was specifically not on the guest list. | 我特意没邀请她 |
[10:10] | I didn’t know she was gonna be there tonight. | 我不知道她今晚会来 |
[10:13] | Well, what a great surprise for you. | 那真是个意外的惊喜啊 |
[10:17] | Do you ever think about what that looks like? | 你有没有想过这看上去像什么样子 |
[10:22] | I thought we had an agreement. | 我以为我们已经达成了默契 |
[10:36] | I’d, uh… | 我希望 |
[10:39] | rather you, uh, didn’t all leave. | 你最好 最好你们都别走 |
[10:44] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[11:32] | – Yeah? – Mr. Bundy’s on his way up. | -什么事 -邦迪先生马上上来 |
[11:35] | Mr. President? | 总统先生 |
[11:37] | Well, he’s already here. | 他已经到了 |
[11:39] | I’m sorry to disturb you, sir. | 很抱歉打扰您 先生 |
[11:41] | We’ve got some serious trouble. | 我们有大麻烦了 |
[11:43] | Our U-2 flights over Cuba | 昨天 我们的U-2侦察机 |
[11:44] | took these yesterday– | 在古巴上空拍到了这些 |
[11:46] | Russian M.R.B.M. Missile sites, | 俄国中程弹道导弹的发射场 |
[11:48] | SS-4 type, I.R.B.M.S. | 是SS-4型的中程导弹 |
[11:52] | Are these operational? | 已经能发射了吗 |
[11:53] | Not yet, but based on the size of those construction crews, | 还不能 但按照施工的规模来看 |
[11:56] | they could be within a week. | 一周内就能完成发射准备 |
[11:58] | At that point, they could deliver nuclear payloads | 那时候 它们就能向东海岸的 |
[12:00] | to every major city on the East Coast. | 所有主要城市进行核打击 |
[12:09] | These are the latest surveillance photos from Cuba. | 这是刚从古巴发回的监控照片 |
[12:12] | We don’t know how many missiles the Russians have there | 我们不知道俄国人在那架设了多少导弹 |
[12:14] | or whether they are operational at the present time. | 也不知道目前他们是否有能力发射 |
[12:17] | I think you can assume | 我想您可以假设 |
[12:18] | if they’re not operational now, | 即使现在还不能 |
[12:19] | they will be soon, sir. | 但很快就能了 先生 |
[12:21] | Well, we can’t coexist with, uh, | 我们不可能与我们海岸 |
[12:24] | nuclear missiles 90 miles off our shores. | 只距九十英里的核导弹和平共处 |
[12:26] | We got to get rid of those. | 我们必须要除掉它们 |
[12:28] | What are the options, Bob? | 你有什建议 鲍勃 |
[12:29] | Militarily, there are three– | 从军事角度讲来说 有三种方法 |
[12:30] | surgical strike on the missiles, an attack on the missiles | 对那些导弹进行外科手术式打击 |
[12:33] | and the control-and-command centers throughout the island, | 或是对导弹和岛上的指挥中心进行攻击 |
[12:36] | or an all-out invasion of the island. | 还有就是全面入侵整个岛屿 |
[12:38] | Sir, I think that jumping to a military option | 先生 我认为在外交手段还未用尽时 |
[12:39] | without having exhausted all our diplomatic avenues– | 不能直接采取军事行动 |
[12:42] | No, no, no. No one’s jumping, Dean. | 不不 没人说要立即行动 迪安 |
[12:44] | The President’s considering all options here. | 总统要考虑所有的可能性 |
[12:46] | Khrushchev’s a brawler, Mr. Secretary. | 赫鲁晓夫是个好战分子 部长先生 |
[12:48] | He only understands brute force. | 他只会用武力来解决争端 |
[12:49] | I’m with Bob. | 我赞同鲍勃的想法 |
[12:50] | We can’t have the President being pushed around | 我们不能让总统任人摆布 |
[12:52] | by Khrushchev or Castro or anybody else. | 不管是赫鲁晓夫还是卡斯特罗还是其他人 |
[12:55] | Air force surveillance just picked up 19 Soviet ships | 空军的监测显示大西洋上有 |
[12:57] | in the middle of the Atlantic, heading toward Cuba. | 十九艘苏联船只正在向古巴挺进 |
[13:01] | Do we know what they’re, uh, carrying? | 知道船上载的是什么吗 |
[13:03] | I think we can presume it’s more weapons. | 我想可以认定那是另一批武器装备 |
[13:12] | Sir, we need to put a military option on the table. | 先生 我们需要讨论一下军事预案 |
[13:15] | No, I agree with that, Bob. I just, uh… | 不 我赞同鲍勃的看法 我只是 |
[13:18] | I-I don’t want to make any, uh, decision here without, uh, understanding | 在我弄清赫鲁晓夫的真正意图之前 |
[13:22] | what in God’s name, uh, Khrushchev is thinking. | 我现在不会做出任何决定 |
[13:25] | Mr. President, I-I think the man’s actions | 总统先生 我认为那个人的行为 |
[13:29] | are a pretty good indicator of what he’s thinking. | 已经明确地表明了他的意图 |
[13:31] | Castro made a compelling argument | 卡斯特罗振振有词地说 |
[13:32] | that we’re gonna overthrow his regime. | 我们将会推翻他的政权 |
[13:34] | Khrushchev sent in the missiles | 赫鲁晓夫运来这些导弹 |
[13:35] | to keep us from doing it. | 想要来阻止我们 |
[13:36] | It’s more than that, Mac. | 不仅如此 麦克 |
[13:37] | He wants to bully us into submission, sir. | 他还想逼我们就范 先生 |
[13:40] | Thinks I’m weak, ’cause of the Bay of Pigs. | 因为猪湾事件 就以为我很软弱 |
[13:42] | – That’s right, sir. -But the fact remains, | -正是如此 先生 -但事实是 |
[13:44] | we still don’t know what’s on these ships. | 我们仍然不知道船上装的是什么 |
[13:45] | Absolutely. | 当然知道 |
[13:46] | I want to know what pressures he’s under, | 我想知道他是迫于什么样的压力 |
[13:48] | what he’s being advised by his, uh, people in the Kremlin. | 克里姆林宫的顾问又给出了什么意见 |
[13:51] | Well, I think we can assume, sir, | 我们可以认定 |
[13:53] | they’re advising him to take the aggressive course. | 他们建议他采取进攻性方针 |
[13:55] | I think it’s very dangerous to start | 我认为现在就 |
[13:56] | making assumptions right now, General. | 开始臆断是非常危险的 将军 |
[13:58] | I just, uh, want to try and put myself in his shoes. | 我只是试着站在他的角度考虑这件事 |
[14:02] | Fine, sir. But if you do choose a military option, | 明白 但如果您选择采取军事手段 |
[14:06] | we’re gonna have to move fast. | 我们要尽快开始行动 |
[14:09] | We’re, uh, getting more specifics now, sir. | 我们刚刚又掌握了一些情况 先生 |
[14:14] | Well, I would say we have to get a, uh, | 我要说我们有必要 |
[14:16] | direct line of communication to Moscow. | 与莫斯科取得专线联系 |
[14:18] | We could get Secretary Rusk to talk to Ambassador Dobrynin. | 我们可以让国务卿拉斯克会见多勃雷宁大使 |
[14:22] | – You do it. – No, no, no, no. | -你去见他 -不行 |
[14:23] | – Protocol dictates that– – Forget about protocol. | -按照外交礼仪 -不要纠缠外交礼仪了 |
[14:25] | Dobrynin knows Bobby, knows Bobby speaks for me. | 多勃雷宁认识波比 知道他代表我的意见 |
[14:28] | – I’ll set it up. – Thank you. | -我去安排 -谢谢 |
[14:35] | Your back hurting? | 是因为背疼吗 |
[14:38] | Jackie took the kids, went up to Virginia. | 杰姬带孩子们去弗吉尼亚了 |
[14:41] | Well, that’s probably best, considering. | 考虑到当前局势 这大概是最好的做法 |
[14:44] | Wasn’t about this. | 不是因为这个 |
[14:46] | I think she’s finished with me. | 我觉得她要和我离婚了 |
[14:49] | Why? What happened? | 为什么 发生什么事了 |
[14:54] | Well, I’m not a kid anymore, but… | 我早就不是孩子了 |
[14:56] | but I keep acting like one. | 但行为还是很幼稚 |
[15:04] | The kids are fine, Jack. | 孩子们很好 杰克 |
[15:06] | Good. | 那就好 |
[15:09] | How long, uh, how long do you think you’re gonna stay up there? | 你 你觉得你打算在那儿待多久 |
[15:14] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[15:19] | Well, I just wanted to say that I, uh… | 我只是想说 我 |
[15:21] | I miss you. | 我想你了 |
[15:26] | I have to go. | 我该挂了 |
[15:51] | Yes? | 喂 |
[15:53] | Send him in. | 让他进来 |
[15:56] | What did Dobrynin say? | 多勃雷宁怎么说 |
[15:58] | Well, he claims there are no missiles in Cuba. | 他宣称古巴没有导弹 |
[16:01] | I showed him the, uh, surveillance photos. | 我给他看了侦察照片 |
[16:03] | He said they’re fabricated. | 他说照片纯属捏造 |
[16:05] | He claims, uh, Khrushchev only wants peace. | 还强调赫鲁晓夫只想寻求和平 |
[16:07] | That’s what Hitler said right before the blitz. | 希特勒发动闪电战之前也是这么说的 |
[16:11] | McNamara sent that over. | 这是麦克纳马拉送过来的 |
[16:13] | It’s the, uh, contingency plans for military operations. | 军事行动的应急预案 |
[16:16] | That’s been the consensus over there? | 多数人的意见是什么 |
[16:19] | Surgical strike, followed by invasion. | 先进行手术式的打击 然后出兵 |
[16:23] | What do you think? | 你的意见呢 |
[16:24] | Well, given what we know at the moment, uh, | 根据目前掌握的情况 |
[16:27] | it certainly is our best chance at success, | 这是我们取得成功的最好机会 |
[16:30] | including getting rid of Castro. | 包括除掉卡斯特罗 |
[16:34] | But, uh… | 但是 |
[16:36] | frankly, at this stage, I don’t think the, uh, | 说实话 我认为现阶段下 |
[16:38] | diplomatic process is gonna pay off. | 外交手段很难取得效果 |
[16:40] | I just– I just don’t know | 我只是不明白 |
[16:41] | what, uh, Khrushchev stands to gain in all this. | 赫鲁晓夫在这件事上会获得什么利益 |
[16:44] | I mean, Christ, he knows what our, uh, nuclear arsenal is. | 我的意思是 他知道我们的核武库 |
[16:49] | It’s not a secret. | 这不是秘密 |
[16:51] | Well, I get the impression that he, uh, | 我的印象是 |
[16:53] | thinks we’re afraid to use it. | 他认为我们不敢使用核武 |
[16:55] | But you looked him in the eye. What do you think? | 而你曾和他面对面 你怎么认为 |
[17:08] | In Southeast Asia and Latin America, | 在东南亚和拉丁美洲的 |
[17:10] | people’s revolutions are lighting the lamp | 人民革命点燃了 |
[17:11] | of freedom and human dignity. | 自由和人类尊严的明灯 |
[17:13] | We have a difference of opinion over what constitutes | 我们对什么组成了自由和人类尊严的 |
[17:15] | freedom and human dignity, Mr. Chairman, | 认识不同 主席先生 |
[17:17] | but I… I reject the historic belief that our differences | 但我认为我们在历史观上的分歧 |
[17:20] | can only be resolved through armed conflict. | 并非只能用军事冲突的方式解决 |
[17:33] | Then you miscalculate the history, Mr. President. | 那您对历史的判断是错误的 总统先生 |
[17:36] | You lost, uh, 20 million people in the war, Mr. Chairman. | 贵国已有两千万人死于战争 主席先生 |
[17:44] | With our arsenals and our delivery systems today, | 以我们今天的核武库和运载系统 |
[17:46] | twice that many Russians would die in the first hour. | 一小时内就能让两个俄国变成无人区 |
[17:58] | Then it’s a good thing we have so many. | 幸好我们有这么多人口 |
[18:26] | You should have enough clothes to get you through the week. | 你要准备好一周穿的衣服 |
[18:31] | Bobby, how bad’s it gonna be? | 波比 最坏的情况会怎样 |
[18:33] | I was talking with Marg McNamara. | 我和马格·麦克纳马拉谈过 |
[18:36] | She said Bob said it could be the end of everything. | 她告诉我 鲍勃说这可能是世界末日 |
[18:39] | What did he mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[18:40] | I think he’s just, uh, being melodramatic, really. | 我觉得他只是在夸大其词 |
[18:47] | Is he? | 是吗 |
[18:59] | I want you to have this. | 我要你把这个带在身上 |
[19:04] | It was your mother’s. | 这原来是你母亲的 |
[19:07] | I’ve used it every day since she died. | 自从她去世 我就每天戴着它 |
[19:10] | Help Jack. Keep us safe. | 帮助杰克 保卫我们的安全 |
[19:19] | Heya, kid. | 嗨 亲爱的 |
[19:22] | What are you doing here? | 你来这干嘛 |
[19:24] | Oh, I was in the neighborhood. | 我正好在附近 |
[19:26] | Liar. | 说谎 |
[19:28] | Did Bobby send you here to fix my marriage? | 是波比让你来挽救我的婚姻吗 |
[19:31] | He doesn’t know I’m here. That’s the truth. | 他不知道我来这里 这句是实话 |
[19:35] | Well, you knew where to find me, so I assume you know… | 你知道在哪能找到我 我想你也知道 |
[19:39] | why I’m here. | 我为什么会来这 |
[19:43] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[19:48] | I know we haven’t always been sorority pals. | 我知道我们以前一直都不能算特别要好的姐妹 |
[19:53] | I never fit in with the family the way you have. | 我从没像你那样适应这个大家庭 |
[19:57] | I always figured it was because you didn’t want to. | 我发现往往是因为你不想 |
[20:01] | You’re– you’re your own person, Jackie. I-I admire that. | 你很独立 杰姬 我很佩服你这一点 |
[20:07] | Tell you the truth, I, uh… | 说实话 我 |
[20:10] | always been a little bit intimidated by it. | 总是对这点感到有些畏惧 |
[20:15] | You’re intimidated by me? | 你对我感到畏惧 |
[20:19] | Every woman in America wants to be like you. | 每一个美国女人都想像你一样 |
[20:22] | They want to look like you, they want to dress like you… | 她们想拥有你的气质 模仿你的穿着 |
[20:25] | Come on. | 不是吧 |
[20:26] | Oh, now… | 现在 |
[20:29] | you start getting all humble on me, | 你要开始对我谦恭一些 |
[20:31] | that’s really gonna piss me off. | 你的态度真的惹怒我了 |
[20:33] | You know what intimidates me? | 你知道我畏惧什么吗 |
[20:36] | Someone who can raise a family and have a marriage that works, | 一个既能照顾家庭又婚姻幸福的人 |
[20:40] | and who makes it all look so easy. | 她轻而易举地就做到了这些 |
[20:44] | If I had your secret, I’d trade it all in | 我愿用上过的所有杂志封面 |
[20:46] | for every magazine cover I’ve been on. | 来与你交换家庭幸福的秘诀 |
[20:56] | So how do you do it? | 你是怎么做到的 |
[21:02] | It’s no secret, Jackie. I… | 其实没有什么秘诀 杰姬 我 |
[21:05] | I just… | 我只是 |
[21:08] | love him. | 很爱他 |
[21:15] | Look, I… | 听我说 我 |
[21:18] | I don’t know what goes on between you and Jack. | 我不知道你和杰克间发生了什么 |
[21:21] | Frankly, it’s none of my business. I… | 说实话 这不关我的事 我 |
[21:24] | I came here because | 我来这里是因为 |
[21:26] | I’m worried about what’s going on at the White House. | 担心正在白宫发生的事情 |
[21:29] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[21:32] | I don’t know the specifics, but I do know that it’s serious. | 我也不知道详情 但我知道事关重大 |
[21:36] | It’s always serious. | 白宫发生的都是大事 |
[21:39] | It’s different this time, Jackie. It’s dangerous. | 这次不同 杰姬 这次很危险 |
[21:43] | Bobby, McNamara, Bundy– | 波比 麦克纳马拉 邦迪 |
[21:45] | they’ve all been working around the clock. | 他们都在24小时连轴转 |
[21:51] | I can only imagine what Jack must be going through. | 我只能想想杰克现在有多难熬 |
[21:56] | We just received photos from the CIA, | 我们刚刚收到中情局发来的照片 |
[21:57] | revealing five additional missile sites on the island. | 上面显示该岛又新增了5枚导弹 |
[22:01] | They report that the Soviets could have | 他们的报告说苏联可能已在 |
[22:02] | between 16 and 32 missiles ready to fire within several days. | 几天内部署了16至32枚可以发射的导弹 |
[22:06] | Mac, what is the, uh, timeline on those ships? | 麦克 那些军舰需要多长时间到达 |
[22:08] | About 3,800 miles away from Cuba. | 距古巴约3800英里 |
[22:10] | At the current rate of speed, | 按照目前的速度 |
[22:11] | they should be there in about a week. | 可以在一周左右到达 |
[22:12] | Mr. President, a week is a– is a lifetime. | 总统先生 一周的时间太久了 |
[22:16] | The real threat is the missiles already on the island. | 真正的威胁来自于已部署在岛上的导弹 |
[22:19] | I mean, millions of American citizens | 导弹一旦发射 |
[22:21] | will die if they’re launched, | 几百万美国人将丧生 |
[22:22] | and Khrushchev is just crazy enough to do it. | 赫鲁晓夫那个狂人完全有可能这样做 |
[22:24] | I don’t know if you’re right about that, General. | 我不知你的判断是否正确 将军 |
[22:25] | I mean, he’s a–he’s a bully, but, uh, | 我的意思是 他只是故弄玄虚 |
[22:28] | I don’t think he’s hostile. | 我觉得他没有威胁 |
[22:30] | Don’t think he’s, uh, insane enough to want to start a war. | 他不会头脑发热到发动一场战争 |
[22:33] | What if you’re wrong, sir? | 万一您判断失误呢 |
[22:34] | I could be, and we should sustain the military option. | 有可能 我们仍然保留武力解决的选择 |
[22:37] | We’re running out of time, sir. | 我们已经没时间了 |
[22:38] | They’re arming these missiles as we speak. | 我们说话的同时 他们正在部署导弹 |
[22:39] | I understand that, General, | 我明白这一点 将军 |
[22:40] | but if I am right, I want to give Khrushchev | 但如果我判断正确 我要给赫鲁晓夫 |
[22:42] | as much time as possible to convince the people around him | 足够的时间来说服他周围的人 |
[22:45] | that a goddamn war is not the option. | 绝不能把战争作为选项 |
[22:47] | Sir, we need to strike and we need to strike now. | 我们必须立即开始实施打击 |
[22:51] | But what you’re suggesting is a first strike, | 但你的建议是先发制人 |
[22:54] | and a strike without warning will be | 未经事先警告的打击 |
[22:56] | viewed internationally as an unprovoked assault. | 会被国际社会视为无正当理由的进攻 |
[22:59] | So if we do this, against a small country like Cuba, | 如果我们如此对待古巴这样的小国 |
[23:02] | well, it’s Pearl Harbor all over again, | 就如同珍珠港事件重演 |
[23:04] | only this time, it’s in reverse. | 只是这次是他们挨打 |
[23:07] | And my brother will not go down in history | 我哥哥绝不能成为美国历史上的 |
[23:09] | as the American Tojo. | 东条英机 |
[23:12] | So let’s rethink this. | 让我们重新考虑一下 |
[23:15] | The difficulty we face is, we can’t guarantee | 当前的困难是 我们无法保证 |
[23:18] | getting rid of the missiles that are already there. | 成功清除已部署在那里的导弹 |
[23:21] | Well, that’s exactly, uh, why, in my opinion, uh, | 这就是为什么我认为 |
[23:24] | we should focus on stopping these ships. | 我们应当侧重于拦截这些军舰 |
[23:26] | That’s a more manageable situation. | 这样情况更容易控制 |
[23:29] | We could, uh, revisit the blockade idea, sir. | 我们可以重新考虑进行封锁 |
[23:33] | Establishing a-a demarcation line | 在距古巴本土500英里外 |
[23:35] | of, say, 500 miles from the Cuban mainland. | 划定一条界线 |
[23:38] | A blockade is an interesting idea. | 封锁的想法不错 |
[23:40] | But the issue still remains– | 但问题依然存在 |
[23:41] | a blockade is illegal under International Law. | 封锁线是违反国际法的 |
[23:45] | Then we call it a quarantine. | 那就称作隔离线 |
[23:47] | Nothing illegal about that. | 这样就不违法了 |
[23:50] | There has been a virtual news blackout | 华盛顿封锁了 |
[23:52] | throughout Washington regarding the Cuban situation. | 有关古巴局势的消息 |
[23:55] | Whether or not this crisis can be resolved peaceably or not | 这场危机能否和平解决 |
[23:58] | is the burning question, | 现在引起广泛的争论 |
[23:59] | the question to which sources in the White House, the Pentagon, | 而对于这个问题 白宫 五角大楼 |
[24:03] | and the State Department have refused to comment, | 以及国务院均拒绝发表评论 |
[24:05] | leaving the American people to wait | 美国人民都在焦急等待 |
[24:06] | and wonder what President Kennedy will say | 肯尼迪总统今晚 |
[24:09] | when he takes to the air tonight. | 在电视讲话中会发表怎样的观点 |
[24:15] | – Hello? – Mother, it’s Bobby. | -你好 -妈妈 我是波比 |
[24:17] | Hello, dear. We’re just getting ready to watch Jack. | 你好 亲爱的 我们正准备看杰克的演讲 |
[24:20] | Well, that’s actually why I’m– why I’m calling. | 我打电话就是为了这事儿 |
[24:22] | I just wanted to let you know that, uh, | 我想让您知道 |
[24:25] | there may be some things in his speech | 他讲话中提到的某些事情 |
[24:26] | that, uh, sound a little frightening to you. | 您听了可能会觉得有点可怕 |
[24:28] | Uh, I didn’t want you and Dad to worry. | 我不想让您和爸爸太担心 |
[24:31] | Well, with everything we’re hearing, we are concerned. | 我们听到的消息已经让我们很担心了 |
[24:34] | Move him, will you? I-I can’t see the set. | 把他推开一点 我看不到电视了 |
[24:37] | – Has Jack been to mass? – No, I-I don’t think so. | -杰克去做过弥撒了吗 -没有 |
[24:40] | We’ve been, uh, kind of busy with things here. | 我们这儿这几天很忙 |
[24:43] | Well, wish him luck. | 好吧 祝他好运 |
[24:45] | Let him know we’re very proud of him. | 告诉他 我们都为他骄傲 |
[24:48] | I will. | 我会的 |
[24:49] | Love you. Bye. | 我爱你 拜拜 |
[24:52] | Their status might be changed to | 他们可能在很短的时间内 |
[24:54] | that of active duty at a moment’s notice. | 被转入现役 |
[24:57] | We switch you now to the Oval Office. | 现在切换到总统办公室 |
[24:58] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[25:00] | the President of the United States. | 有请美利坚合众国总统 |
[25:04] | Good evening, my fellow citizens. | 晚上好 同胞们 |
[25:06] | This government, as promised, | 本届政府 如之前所承诺的 |
[25:09] | has maintained the closest surveillance of the Soviet military buildup | 一直在对苏联在古巴岛上增加军备的态势 |
[25:13] | on the island of Cuba. | 进行密切监视 |
[25:16] | Within the past week, | 在过去的这一周 |
[25:17] | unmistakable evidence has established the fact | 已有确凿证据表明 |
[25:20] | that a series of offensive missile sites | 在那个封闭的岛国上 |
[25:23] | is now in preparation on that imprisoned island. | 一系列的进攻性导弹发射场正在筹建之中 |
[25:26] | The purpose of these bases can be none other | 建造这些基地的用意很明显 |
[25:30] | than to provide a nuclear first-strike capability | 就是为证明他们拥有先发制人的核打击能力 |
[25:33] | against the Western Hemisphere. | 能与西方世界分庭抗礼 |
[25:35] | I call upon Chairman Khrushchev to halt | 我已敦促赫鲁晓夫主席暂停 |
[25:38] | and eliminate this clandestine, reckless, | 并终止这一秘密的 不计后果的 |
[25:41] | and provocative threat to world peace. | 也是挑衅的威胁世界和平的举动 |
[25:43] | The cost of freedom is always high, | 自由的代价总是很高 |
[25:46] | and Americans have always paid it. | 而美国人民也付出了巨大的代价 |
[25:48] | And one path we shall never choose– | 有一条道路我们绝不会选择 |
[25:50] | and that is the path of surrender or submission. | 那就是屈服或投降 |
[25:54] | Our goal is not the victory of might, | 我们追求的不是武力的胜利 |
[25:57] | but the vindication of right, | 而是正义的伸张 |
[25:59] | not peace at the expense of freedom, | 不是以和平作为代价换取自由 |
[26:01] | but both peace and freedom. | 而是和平与自由的共同存在 |
[26:04] | God willing, that goal will be achieved. | 上帝保佑 这一目标定能实现 |
[26:07] | Thank you and good night. | 谢谢你们 晚安 |
[26:13] | Mac, how far are those Russian ships from the blockade? | 麦克 俄国船只离封锁线还有多远 |
[26:15] | They’ve just moved to the 100-mile mark. | 刚刚抵达一百英里处 |
[26:16] | Okay. In terms of time, are they– | 好 时间方面的话 他们 |
[26:18] | Mr. President, our sonar’s just picked up | 总统先生 我们的声纳刚刚捕捉到信号 |
[26:19] | two Russian subs with S.L.B.M. capability escorting the ships. | 两艘能发射弹道导弹的潜艇在护送这些船 |
[26:23] | Okay, so if we, uh, if we stop their ships, they can retaliate. | 也就是说如果我们拦截他们的船只 他们会反击 |
[26:26] | Retaliate with their subs, yes, sir. | 他们的潜艇会反击的 长官 |
[26:28] | Khrushchev has just upped the ante, | 赫鲁晓夫提高赌注了 |
[26:30] | risking a confrontation 7,000 miles from Moscow. | 他愿意冒险来一场距离莫斯科七千英里的冲突 |
[26:33] | Gentlemen, could I, uh, have your attention, please? | 先生们 请注意了 |
[26:35] | Jack, State Department just received this from Khrushchev. | 杰克 国务院刚收到赫鲁晓夫发来的信 |
[26:38] | Go ahead. | 念吧 |
[26:39] | Uh, “You have not declared a quarantine, | “你不是在命令停船检疫 |
[26:40] | but rather have set forth an ultimatum and threatened that | 而是发出了最后通牒 威胁我们 |
[26:43] | if we do not give in to your demands, you will use force. | 如果我们不向你屈服的话 你就使用武力 |
[26:45] | Naturally, we will not be bystanders | 显然 面对美国船只 |
[26:47] | with regards to piratical acts | 在公海的的海盗行径 |
[26:49] | by American ships on the high seas. | 我们不会坐视不管 |
[26:50] | We will be forced to take measures we consider necessary | 我们将被迫采取必要而充分的措施 |
[26:53] | and adequate in order to protect our rights, | 来保护我们的权益 |
[26:55] | and we have everything necessary to do so.” | 我们已经准备好了” |
[27:01] | Christ, he’s calling us out. | 上帝啊 他在向我们挑衅 |
[27:04] | Yes, sir. And we cannot capitulate. | 是的 长官 我们绝不能投降 |
[27:06] | If we don’t stop those ships, | 如果我们不拦截那些船只 |
[27:08] | our entire deterrent system loses all credibility. | 我们的整个防御系统就会失去公信力 |
[27:10] | What are the, uh… what are the steps? | 具体 具体是什么步骤 |
[27:12] | We signal our intent to board. | 我们释放信号要求登船 |
[27:13] | They don’t acknowledge, | 他们不作反应的话 |
[27:14] | we fire a warning shot across their bow. | 我们就鸣枪越过他们船头以示警告 |
[27:15] | And, uh, if they keep coming? | 要是他们继续前进呢 |
[27:18] | Then we take out their rudders and leave them dead in the water. | 那就把他们打烂 让他们葬身海底 |
[27:20] | Which runs the risk of killing Russian sailors. | 但这样就有打死俄国水手的风险 |
[27:21] | And a retaliation from Khrushchev. | 赫鲁晓夫也会命令反击 |
[27:23] | It’s the nature of conflict, sir. | 战争的本质如此 |
[27:24] | I know the nature of conflict, General. I’ve been in it. | 我知道战争的本质 将军 我参加过战争 |
[27:27] | Mac? | 麦克 |
[27:28] | You have no choice but to stop those ships. | 你必须拦截那些船只 |
[27:29] | Sir, I still believe a diplomatic solution is possible. | 长官 我认为可以通过外交手段解决 |
[27:31] | That’s just about the most meaningless thing | 现在说这话 |
[27:33] | I’ve ever heard, Dean. | 完全没有意义 迪安 |
[27:34] | We’re well beyond diplomacy at this point. | 这个时候外交手段已经解决不了问题了 |
[27:36] | Khrushchev is gonna run the damned blockade. | 赫鲁晓夫会命令船只突破封锁的 |
[27:38] | Sir, I agree with the Attorney General. | 长官 我同意司法部长的话 |
[27:39] | We have to stop those ships, and I recommend that we deploy | 我们必须拦截那些船 我建议调用 |
[27:43] | Helos and Sub Seekers from Key West to stop the subs. | 基韦斯特的直升机和探测船来拦截潜艇 |
[27:46] | Do you wanna start World War III? | 你是想挑起第三次世界大战吗 |
[27:48] | It’ll be the end of all life on the planet. | 那会是世界末日的 |
[27:49] | Decisive action would surgically remove the missiles, | 果断的行动可以让那些导弹被移走 |
[27:51] | confronting the world with a fait accompli. | 用既成事实来面对全世界 |
[27:53] | Let’s not forget about the political advantage… | 别忘了政治上的优势 |
[27:55] | Militarily, there’s no options here. | 军事上的话 没有别的选择了 |
[28:05] | Strategic Air Command B-52 Bombers, | 战略航空兵团的B-52轰炸机 |
[28:08] | already on a massive worldwide airborne alert, | 作为已经在世界范围内执行空中警戒任务的机型 |
[28:11] | are now flying 24-hour missions. | 现在在二十四小时不间断执行任务 |
[28:16] | Before one B-52 leaves its airborne station, | 一架B-52离开它的任务区域前 |
[28:19] | another is airborne to take its place. | 就会有另一架去填补它的位置 |
[28:24] | Mr. President? | 总统先生 |
[28:26] | If we fire on their ships, and they–they do retaliate, | 如果我们向他们的船开火 他们也反击了 |
[28:29] | that initiates a full-scale engagement. | 那就会引发全面交火 |
[28:32] | We already know from the CIA | 我们已经从中情局了解到 |
[28:33] | that the Soviets have brought their military forces | 苏联已经部署他们的军事力量 |
[28:35] | into a complete state of readiness. | 进入了完全的备战状态 |
[28:37] | Are we ready? | 我们进入备战状态了吗 |
[28:38] | Yes, sir. We’re at Defcon 2, sir. | 是的 我们现在是二级戒备状态 |
[28:40] | We’re ready. | 我们准备好了 |
[28:56] | Their ships will, uh, | 那些船 |
[28:59] | not be permitted to cross that line. | 不允许越过那条线 |
[29:01] | Use whatever means necessary to stop them. | 采取一切措施拦截它们 |
[29:05] | Bobby, talk to Dobrynin. He needs to get word to Khrushchev. | 波比 跟多勃雷宁谈谈 他需要向赫鲁晓夫传话 |
[29:08] | Those ships will be stopped. | 那些船只必须被拦下来 |
[29:12] | Russian Embassy, please. | 帮我接俄国大使馆 |
[29:21] | It seems to, uh, the observer, uh, of the scene that, uh, | 在观察家看来 |
[29:25] | that Cuba has to be the point of the crisis. | 古巴是危机的关键所在 |
[29:29] | This is the point at which, uh, | 而我们担心 |
[29:31] | we are concerned that, uh, there might be shooting, | 这场危机可能会引起 |
[29:35] | uh, among the ships at sea. | 海上船只之间的交火 |
[29:36] | That, uh, in the story that we heard a great deal of today, | 我们反复听到的消息是 |
[29:40] | the possibility that invasion might have to be undertaken | 有可能会采取武装入侵 |
[29:42] | to assure that those bases are eliminated. | 来确保消灭那些导弹基地 |
[29:45] | Uh, if invasion is undertaken, | 如果发动了入侵 |
[29:47] | uh, the Russians have said that they would retaliate | 俄国方面表示他们会使用火箭袭击 |
[29:50] | with, uh, rocket fire. | 作为反击 |
[30:02] | Well, we’ve given this man every chance to avoid war. | 我们已经给了他足够多的避免战争的机会 |
[30:04] | If it happens now, it’s because he wanted it in the first place. | 如果真的开战了 那也是他引起的 |
[30:07] | Civil Defense becomes a major problem now. | 民防系统现在是个大问题 |
[30:09] | There’s no contingency to evacuate 100 million people | 没有应急预案可以从东海岸疏散 |
[30:11] | – from the East Coast. – Sir… | -一百万人 -长官 |
[30:13] | We just received word from Admiral Ward on the “Essex.” | 埃塞克斯号上的沃德将军发来消息 |
[30:17] | Did we fire, uh, fire on those ships? | 我们朝俄国人的船开火了吗 |
[30:19] | No, sir. | 没有 |
[30:20] | The Soviet ships have stopped their advance toward the line. | 苏联船只停止向封锁线前进了 |
[30:25] | They’re turning around. | 他们在调转方向了 |
[30:27] | And what– what about the subs? | 潜艇呢 |
[30:28] | They’ve stopped also. | 也停下来了 |
[30:30] | But, sir, we still have those | 但是 那些 |
[30:31] | operational missile sites on the island. | 可用的导弹基地还在那儿 |
[30:33] | I find Khrushchev’s actions very encouraging, sir. | 我认为赫鲁晓夫的举动非常振奋人心 |
[30:35] | Well, I do, too. I think he just showed us | 我也这么认为 我觉得他告诉了我们 |
[30:37] | he wants this over as much as we do. | 他和我们一样希望这场冲突结束 |
[30:38] | May I suggest we stay at Defcon 2, sir? | 我建议我们还是保持二级戒备状态 |
[30:40] | Okay, fine. But no provocative action. | 可以 但是不准有挑衅的行为 |
[30:42] | Khrushchev just stood up to the hawks in the Kremlin. | 赫鲁晓夫扛住了克林姆林宫里鹰派的压力 |
[30:44] | I don’t wanna give him a reason to regret it. | 我不想让他反悔 |
[30:46] | Very good, sir. | 好的 长官 |
[30:55] | Yes. Well, thank you, Mr. Prime Minister. | 好的 谢谢您 首相先生 |
[30:59] | – Thank you. – The, uh, State Department | -谢谢 -国务院 |
[31:01] | just translated this letter from Khrushchev. | 刚翻译了这封赫鲁晓夫发来的信件 |
[31:03] | It was written before the ships had turned around. | 在他们的船掉头之前写的 |
[31:05] | “Mr. President, only lunatics and suicides, | “总统先生 只有疯子和自杀者 |
[31:08] | who themselves want to perish, | 那些希望自取灭亡的人 |
[31:10] | would think of waging nuclear war. | 会考虑发送核战争 |
[31:12] | We in the Soviet Union want to live | 苏联人民希望生存下去 |
[31:15] | and do not at all want to destroy your country. | 而且根本不想摧毁您的国家 |
[31:17] | I propose we will declare that our ships, bound for Cuba, | 我提议 我们宣布开往古巴的船只 |
[31:21] | will not carry any kind of armaments. | 不会携带任何武器装备 |
[31:23] | You will declare that the United States will not invade Cuba.” | 你宣布美国不会入侵古巴” |
[31:28] | No mention about missiles in Turkey? | 没有提到土耳其的导弹吗 |
[31:30] | Nothing. | 没有 |
[31:31] | – Does Mac know about this? – I wanted to speak to you. | -麦克知道了吗 -我想先让你知道 |
[31:34] | Mrs. Lincoln, could you get me Mr. Bundy? | 林肯夫人 请邦迪先生到我这儿来 |
[31:36] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[31:37] | So how would you like to proceed? | 你想怎么办 |
[31:40] | Well, I wanna prepare a, uh, private response | 我想准备一份私下的回应 |
[31:43] | – to Mr. Khrushchev’s letter. – Sure. | -给赫鲁晓夫 -好的 |
[31:45] | No public statement. I don’t wanna rub his nose in it. | 没有公开声明 我不想揭他的伤疤 |
[31:48] | Christ knows he’s gonna have a hard enough time | 经过这件事情 他要想保住自己的位子 |
[31:49] | keeping his job after all this. | 估计都要费点力气 |
[31:51] | All right. I’ll put something together. | 好 我去准备 |
[31:52] | – Bobby? – Yeah? | -波比 -怎么了 |
[31:53] | You tell McNamara and that General– | 通知麦克纳马拉和将军 |
[31:56] | alert the entire chain of command, | 警告整个指挥系统 |
[31:58] | nobody moves against the Russians | 没有我的命令 任何人都不许 |
[31:59] | without my expressed order. | 对苏联采取敌对行动 |
[32:01] | I don’t want this whole goddamned thing to unravel | 我不想因为某个少尉没收到命令 |
[32:02] | because some second Lieutenant didn’t get the word. | 而把整件事情都搞砸了 |
[32:04] | Absolutely. | 放心 |
[32:08] | Mr. Bundy is on his way up, Mr. President. | 总统先生 邦迪先生马上就到 |
[32:13] | Could you try Mrs. Kennedy in Virginia? | 帮我联系弗吉尼亚的肯尼迪夫人好吗 |
[32:15] | Yes, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[32:26] | Line One is ringing, sir. | 一号线路正在接通 |
[33:28] | How’s it all going? | 情况怎么样了 |
[33:29] | Good. | 不错 |
[33:32] | Good. It looks, uh… | 还好 看起来 |
[33:34] | like Khrushchev’s gonna back down. | 赫鲁晓夫要撤退了 |
[33:36] | Good. | 那就好 |
[33:43] | When did you… | 你什么时候 |
[33:59] | I’m glad you’re here. | 很高兴你回来了 |
[34:16] | How are the kids? | 孩子们怎么样 |
[34:17] | Good. | 挺好的 |
[34:21] | Jack? You, uh, you better come down here. | 杰克 你最好下来一趟 |
[34:24] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[34:25] | The Russians shot down one of our U-2s over Cuba, | 苏联击落了我们在古巴的一架U-2飞机 |
[34:28] | killed the pilot. | 还杀了飞行员 |
[34:30] | It appears to be an act of war. | 看来他们想宣战 |
[34:39] | All right, thank you. | 好的 谢谢你 |
[34:45] | Well, Dobrynin swears that, | 多勃雷宁发誓说 |
[34:46] | Khrushchev insisted none of our planes be shot at, | 赫鲁晓夫坚持声称没有向我们的飞机射击 |
[34:49] | that one of the antiaircraft batteries never got the word. | 是一个高炮连没收到命令 |
[34:52] | You don’t believe that crap, do you, sir? | 你不会相信这种鬼话吧 先生 |
[34:55] | I know this man. | 我了解这个人 |
[34:56] | I’ve never known him to be emotional before, | 他以前从来没有这么情绪化 |
[34:58] | and he was damned near in tears just now, General. | 他刚才差点哭出来 将军 |
[35:00] | We based our whole approach on this campaign | 在这场斗争当中 我们一直坚持 |
[35:01] | on not pushing Khrushchev into a corner. | 不把赫鲁晓夫逼至死角 |
[35:03] | By shooting down that plane, | 但他击落这架飞机 |
[35:04] | that’s exactly what he’s done to me. | 就是在把我往死角里逼 |
[35:06] | Well, Mr. President, we can speculate all day, | 总统先生 我们花多少时间揣度都行 |
[35:08] | but the fact of the matter is that | 但事实就摆在这里 |
[35:09] | we have a plane down and a U.S. airman dead. | 有一架飞机被击毁 一名美军飞行员牺牲 |
[35:13] | What are we gonna do about it? | 我们该怎么办 |
[35:14] | Excuse me. This was just received from Khrushchev. | 打扰一下 刚收到一封赫鲁晓夫的来信 |
[35:18] | “You, President Kennedy, | “你 肯尼迪总统 |
[35:20] | have surrounded the Soviet Union with military bases, | 用军事基地包围了苏联 |
[35:23] | surrounded our allies with military bases, | 用军事基地包围了我们的同盟国 |
[35:25] | literally dispersed military bases around the country | 简直把军事基地遍布在全国各地 |
[35:28] | and stationed your rocket armaments there. | 还架设了导弹武器 |
[35:31] | You are worried about Cuba | 你担心古巴 |
[35:32] | because it is a distance of 90 miles from the American coast. | 因为它距离美国海岸只有90英里 |
[35:36] | However, Turkey is next to us– | 不过 土耳其也是我们的邻国 |
[35:39] | literally at our elbow. | 几乎与我们近在咫尺 |
[35:41] | We agree to remove from Cuba. | 我们同意从古巴撤离 |
[35:43] | Those means which you regard as offensive means. | 这意味着你们的军队同样应该如此 |
[35:46] | You will remove your analogous means from Turkey.” | 你们得从土耳其撤军” |
[35:50] | You can’t allow Khrushchev to dictate | 不能让赫鲁晓夫指挥我们 |
[35:52] | how we defend our allies. | 如何保护同盟国 |
[35:53] | Aren’t we doing that to him? | 我们不也是这样对他的吗 |
[35:54] | That’s not the same thing, Dean. | 这是两码事 迪安 |
[35:55] | We’ve had missiles in Turkey for years. | 我们在土耳其架设导弹已经很多年了 |
[35:57] | Those Jupiter missiles are relatively obsolete. | 那些木星导弹已经相当陈旧了 |
[35:59] | It wouldn’t be the worst thing if we took them out. | 撤走它们也是无关痛痒的事 |
[36:01] | No, the General’s right. I can’t agree to a quid pro quo | 不 将军说得对 赫鲁晓夫是在蹬鼻子上脸 |
[36:04] | when Khrushchev’s got his foot on my neck. | 我不能同意他的交换条件 |
[36:06] | It’s a perception issue. | 这是观点的问题 |
[36:06] | This seems odd to me, Jack. | 我觉得事有蹊跷 杰克 |
[36:10] | I find it hard to believe | 我难以相信 |
[36:10] | that these two letters came from the same source. | 这两封信出自一人之手 |
[36:13] | Well, I don’t think they did. | 我也这样认为 |
[36:14] | I mean, this–this first letter is all emotion. | 第一封信写得情真意切 |
[36:18] | You can hear Khrushchev’s voice in this. | 仿佛是赫鲁晓夫亲口诉说似的 |
[36:20] | That letter, Mac, is cold. It’s dry and bureaucratic. | 麦克 而那封信语气冰冷 枯燥 官腔十足 |
[36:23] | I think, uh, Khrushchev’s getting, uh, | 我觉得赫鲁晓夫是 |
[36:25] | push back from his foreign ministry | 被他的外交部逼得走投无路了 |
[36:27] | because he didn’t run the blockade. | 因为他没有冲破封锁线 |
[36:29] | It doesn’t matter. | 那不重要 |
[36:30] | We have to respond to this communication. | 我们必须对此作出回应 |
[36:33] | Why? | 为什么 |
[36:36] | I’m sorry, Bobby. I don’t understand the question. | 不好意思 波比 我不懂你的意思 |
[36:38] | Well, who cares if we got two letters? | 谁会在乎我们是否收到了两封信 |
[36:41] | I say we respond to the first one. | 要我说我们就只回复第一封 |
[36:43] | And ignore the second altogether? | 然后干脆无视第二封 |
[36:45] | Sure. | 没错 |
[36:47] | I like that very much. | 我喜欢这个主意 |
[36:49] | Sir, I’ve never heard of simply ignoring a letter | 先生 我从未听说过直接无视 |
[36:51] | from the Russian Foreign Ministry. | 苏联外交部来信的做法 |
[36:53] | Well, Dean, we are the, uh, party of progress. | 迪安 我们是进步的政党 |
[36:56] | No, Mac, I think you, uh, | 不 麦克 我想 让你来 |
[36:57] | draft a response to the first letter. | 起草一下第一封信的回函 |
[36:59] | Tell Khrushchev we’re very, uh, encouraged by his attitude. | 告诉赫鲁晓夫 他的态度让我们很受鼓舞 |
[37:02] | – Be vague. – Yes, sir. | -言辞含糊些 -好的 先生 |
[37:05] | Mr. President, | 总统先生 |
[37:07] | even if we ignore this second letter, | 即使我们无视第二封信 |
[37:10] | that doesn’t mean that the issue about Turkey | 也不代表土耳其的问题 |
[37:13] | is, uh, is gonna go away. | 能得到解决 |
[37:15] | I think Khrushchev is gonna want something in return | 我觉得赫鲁晓夫想要些东西作为 |
[37:17] | for taking his missiles out of Cuba. | 从古巴撤除导弹的回报 |
[37:20] | Bobby, are you sure | 波比 你确定 |
[37:22] | Dobrynin has a direct line with Khrushchev? | 多勃雷宁能直接联系到赫鲁晓夫吗 |
[37:24] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[37:26] | Then you talk to him. | 那你和他谈谈 |
[37:27] | Tell him they’ve got to get those missiles out of Cuba now. | 说他们现在就要将导弹撤离古巴 |
[37:30] | If they don’t, we will… | 否则 我们就 |
[37:34] | Six months from now… | 等六个月后 |
[37:37] | When, uh… | 当 |
[37:39] | When all this is forgotten, | 当整件事都过去了 |
[37:42] | we’ll, uh, we’ll agree to go into, uh, | 我们就会同意 |
[37:45] | Turkey in the middle of the night, | 半夜潜入土耳其 |
[37:46] | and we’ll take the damn things out ourselves. | 取走那些玩意儿 |
[37:49] | Both sides agree not to go public with this, | 双方都要对此保密 |
[37:52] | but their, uh, their deadline for this… | 但他们必须现在就 |
[37:58] | is now. | 撤走导弹 |
[38:00] | So what if he doesn’t agree? | 如果他不同意呢 |
[38:03] | Well, they’re shooting down our planes. | 那既然他们击落了我们的飞机 |
[38:07] | We’re gonna start shooting back. | 我们就要开始反击了 |
[39:01] | Well… if this continues to go badly, | 如果事态继续变坏 |
[39:03] | I, uh, I want you and the kids | 我要你和孩子们 |
[39:05] | to move to the shelter in Maryland. | 搬去马里兰州的避难所 |
[39:09] | What about you? | 那你呢 |
[39:10] | There’s a secure area downstairs. | 楼下有个安全区域 |
[39:19] | I’m not leaving you, Jack. | 我不会离开你的 杰克 |
[39:23] | I want to be here no matter what happens. | 无论发生什么 我都想留在这儿 |
[39:47] | Now hear me on this– | 听我说 |
[39:48] | I want the attack wing prepared for wheels up | 我要战斗机都准备好 |
[39:50] | the second the President gives his directive. | 接到总统的指令就立即出发 |
[39:53] | Yeah, that’s right. | 对 没错 |
[39:54] | Kick the tires and light the fires. | 整装待发 |
[39:56] | We’ve informed all members of the O.E.S. | 我们已经通知了紧急特勤部队的所有成员 |
[39:58] | that we’re prepared to commence military intervention | 如果在华盛顿时间下午两点前还没收到 |
[40:01] | if we don’t hear from Khrushchev by 2:00 P.M. Washington time. | 赫鲁晓夫的回复 我们就要启动军事干预 |
[40:04] | – We’re down to 90 minutes. – Let’s extend the deadline. | -还剩九十分钟 -我们延长一下期限吧 |
[40:07] | – Give Khrushchev a couple more hours. – Time’s up. | -再给赫鲁晓夫一些时间 -没时间了 |
[40:08] | We can’t let this thing drag on forever. | 我们不能一直拖下去 |
[40:09] | It only helps him. | 这只对他有利 |
[40:10] | That’s why I think we should go in early, sir. | 所以我觉得我们应该提前行动 先生 |
[40:12] | Get a jump on him. | 打他个措手不及 |
[40:13] | You can’t jump the deadline, Tom! | 你不能违背期限 汤姆 |
[40:14] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你胡说些什么 |
[40:15] | It’s preemptive. | 这叫先发制人 |
[40:16] | General, we’re not going until we say– | 将军 我们不能行动 我们还没说 |
[40:18] | Quiet. Could you all be quiet, please? | 安静 请你们安静点 好吗 |
[40:20] | Quiet. | 安静 |
[40:21] | Jack, Khrushchev, uh, is on the radio in Moscow. | 杰克 赫鲁晓夫在莫斯科的广播讲话 |
[40:24] | Can you, uh, repeat that, please? | 请你再重复一遍 好吗 |
[40:27] | No, no, I–you–you stay on the line with me. | 不 不 别挂电话 |
[40:29] | I want to know precisely what he said, word for word. | 我想知道他在说什么 一个字都别落 |
[40:36] | He–he said what? | 他说什么 |
[40:40] | Did he, uh, did he give a timeline? | 他给出时间安排了吗 |
[40:47] | All right. | 好的 |
[40:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[40:53] | Jack, he just went on the air to make sure that we heard, | 杰克 他刚在广播讲话是想确保我们 |
[40:57] | without any delay, | 及时听到这个消息 |
[40:59] | that he’s, uh, accepting our terms. | 他接受我们的条件 |
[41:02] | He’s gonna remove the missiles from Cuba. | 他会撤除古巴的导弹 |
[41:04] | Son of a bitch. | 狗娘养的 |
[41:09] | Speech! Speech! Speech! | 讲话 讲话 讲话 |
[41:13] | Speech! Speech! Speech! | 讲话 讲话 讲话 |
[41:17] | Well, I, uh… | 我 |
[41:21] | I suppose you’ve, uh, all earned your pay this week. | 我想大家这周没有白忙活 |
[41:24] | Finally. | 终于结束了 |
[41:27] | It was a tremendous effort. Thank you all. | 这是个伟大的成就 感谢所有人 |
[41:29] | Yes. Yes! | 太棒了 |
[41:41] | – Congratulations. – Yeah. | -恭喜你 -嗯 |
[41:44] | How does it feel? | 感觉怎么样 |
[41:46] | Puts you right up there with Lincoln. | 你可以比肩林肯了 |
[41:48] | Well, maybe tonight I’ll go to the theater. | 也许我今晚就去戏院了 |
[41:51] | Well, you go, I go with you. | 你去的话 我也跟你去 |
[41:54] | Castro’s finest. | 卡斯特罗最好的雪茄 |
[41:56] | Thank you, General. | 谢谢你 将军 |
[42:06] | Goodness gracious. I haven’t been home in a week. | 天哪 我都一周没回家了 |
[42:10] | Ethel may have had another baby. | 伊索尔没准又生了个孩子 |
[42:13] | While the quarantine remains in effect, | 虽然隔离依然会实行 |
[42:16] | we are hopeful that adequate procedures can be developed | 但我们希望通过建立适当的程序 |
[42:20] | for international inspection of Cuba-bound cargos. | 对古巴边境进出的货物进行检查 |
[42:25] | Progress is now being made | 加勒比海的和平事业 |
[42:26] | for the restoration of peace in the Caribbean. | 正取得显著的进步 |
[42:29] | And it is our firm hope and purpose | 我们也深切地希望并努力 |
[42:32] | that this progress shall go forward, | 将这一发展势头维持下去 |
[42:35] | not only for this time | 不只是这次 |
[42:37] | but for all time. | 而是每一次 |
[42:39] | What’s he talking about? | 他在说什么 |
[42:42] | Your daddy just saved the world. | 你爸爸刚刚拯救了世界 |