时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | Dr. Lightman, the guys from homeland security are here. | 莱特曼博士 国土安全局的人来了 |
[00:20] | They want your assessment of the new handheld polygraph. | 他们想请你对新的手提测谎仪作评估 |
[00:26] | I’ll be right there. | 我马上就来 |
[00:31] | Do you workat the department of homeland security? | 你在国土安全部工作吗 |
[00:33] | Yes. | 是的 |
[00:45] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[00:46] | – Do you have black hair? – Yes. | -你是黑发吗 -是的 |
[00:50] | See, the hand held measures cardio and galvanic skin response. | 这个手提测试仪能测出心率和直流皮肤电的反映 |
[00:53] | It’s the only polygrap ever developed with this kind of portability. | 这是目前所开发出来的唯一一个可携带式的测谎仪 |
[00:57] | Oh, not quite. | 不十分正确哦 |
[00:58] | Uh, cal,you know secretary miller from homeland security. | 卡尔 这位是国土安全部的米勒部长 |
[01:00] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[01:01] | And this is Tom Whitmore | 这是汤姆·维德摩尔 |
[01:02] | the new TSA deputy. | 运输安全管理局的新代理 |
[01:05] | what the hell is this? | 这是什么鬼东西 |
[01:07] | It’s a lie detector. | 这是个测谎仪器 |
[01:09] | The west africans used them first. | 是西非那里首先用过的 |
[01:11] | When you’re on trial,you held the egg in your hands, | 在你受审的时候 手里拿着这个蛋 |
[01:13] | and if it broke,it’s a sign of anxiety. | 如果蛋破了 就表明你很焦虑 |
[01:17] | You were found guilty. | 表示你有罪 |
[01:19] | Well, I’d say our handheld’s a little more advanced. | 我觉得还是我们的手提测谎仪比较先进 |
[01:22] | Well, unfortunately, both devices suffer from the same problem. | 不幸的是 这两台仪器都有同一个毛病 |
[01:26] | Uh, ms. Cooper,would you mind? | 库珀小姐 请你过来一下 |
[01:34] | may I? | 能给我吗 |
[01:35] | Could you ask the control questions again, please? | 麻烦你再问一次预置问题好吗 |
[01:37] | What are you doing? | 你在干吗 |
[01:46] | Do you work at the departmentof homeland security? | 你是在国土安全局工作吗 |
[01:49] | Uh, yes. | 嗯 是的 |
[01:54] | – Do you have black hair? – Yes. | -你是黑发吗 -是的 |
[01:59] | The problem with all polygraph tests is false positives. | 所有测谎仪都有虚报问题 |
[02:02] | Innocent people can fail if they feel an increase in any emotion– | 无辜的人若因某种情绪突然上升则会被测为说谎 |
[02:05] | anger, fear, sexual arousal. | 比如愤怒 恐惧 性冲动 |
[02:09] | Not just guilt. | 并非只是自责会造成如此 |
[02:10] | Your polygraph is no better than the egg at telling us | 使用你们的测谎仪 |
[02:12] | which emotion it’s responding to. | 其实是和使用这个蛋的效果是一样的 |
[02:15] | No. | 不可能 |
[02:18] | I’ve been wanting to try that for years. | 这些年来我一直想试试这只蛋 |
[02:20] | See, you would have been found guilty, | 看 早些时候你就被认定说谎了 |
[02:22] | but you were just angry. | 但你只是生气 |
[02:24] | You should be, uh, spending your money studying the face. | 你应该把钱花在研究人的脸部上 |
[02:28] | 43 muscles combine to produce a possility of 10,000 expressions. | 人脸的43块肌肉能组合出10000个表情 |
[02:32] | Now, if you learn them all, you don’t need a polygraph. | 学会解析表情 你就无须测谎仪了 |
[02:36] | How much did we spend on this damn project anyway? | 研究这破东西花了我们多少钱 |
[02:39] | Uh, not much. I’m sure we can recoup most of our costs. | 不是很多 我确信我们能收回大部分投资 |
[02:47] | – Now, that was lovely. – What? | -这下好玩了 -什么 |
[02:49] | – A gestural retreat. – What’s that? | -肢体阻抗 -什么意思 |
[02:51] | His step backwards. Means he doesn’t believe a word he just said. | 他向后退了一步表示他刚说的话不可信 |
[02:55] | He’s lying. | 他在说谎 |
[02:57] | Well, I’m not a crook. | 我不是骗子 |
[02:58] | I’ve earned everything I’ve got. | 我的所得都是辛苦赚来的 |
[03:45] | What do you see? | 你看到什么 |
[03:46] | I see a skeptical, emotionally distant scientist obsessing over facial twitches. | 一个持怀疑论的孤僻科学家正观察各种面部抽搐 |
[03:51] | Why are you doing micro expression training? | 你为什么要做微表情训练 |
[03:53] | Well, I got it set at triple speed. | 我把它设为三倍速度 |
[03:55] | You know, when you try and hide your emotions, | 当你试图隐藏自己的情绪的时候 |
[03:56] | they leak out at a fifth of a second? | 相关的微表情只会保持五分之一秒 |
[03:58] | Well, this is testing me at a 15th of a second. | 我正在做分辨十五分之一秒内的表情训练 |
[04:03] | Impressive. | 真了不起 |
[04:05] | You know who else is impressive on that thing? | 我正在做分辨十五分之一秒内的表情训练 |
[04:07] | Is this another attempt to get me to take ms. Torres under my wing? | 是不是又想让我把托勒斯小姐收入麾下 |
[04:10] | You need somebody to back you on the military case. | 我需要找人帮你处理军队的案子 |
[04:12] | I got you for that. | 有你就行了 |
[04:13] | I’ll be courtside with Earl White. | 我要去调查厄尔·怀特 |
[04:15] | It’s a freshman shooting guard, | 他是新出道的得分后卫 |
[04:17] | hottest nba prospect in the country. | 红遍全国的未来NBA之星 |
[04:19] | College athletic association wants us to find out | 大学生体育联盟要我们调查他 |
[04:20] | if he took a bribe to play for GWCU. | 是否收受乔治·华盛顿·卡弗大学的贿赂 |
[04:23] | Well, we got a meeting at fort meade in half an hour. | 半小时后我们要在米德基地[位于佛罗里达州]开会 |
[04:25] | Look, I’ll… I’ll meet you there later, okay, but let’s get Torres involved. | 我会稍后跟你在那里碰头 让托勒斯加入吧 |
[04:29] | She’s a natural. She’s got phenomenal instincts. | 她很有天赋 有非凡的直觉 |
[04:32] | Doesn’t mean she knows the science. | 但这并不意味着她懂科学 |
[04:35] | Dr. Foster said you wanted to see me? | 福斯特博士说你想见我 |
[04:41] | What do you see? | 你看到了什么 |
[04:45] | Anger. | 愤怒 |
[04:53] | Fear. | 恐惧 |
[04:58] | Sadness. | 悲伤 |
[05:06] | Let’s go. | 跟我走吧 |
[05:21] | Specialist Sheila Lake has served with the 23rd mountain division for three years, | 希拉·雷克军士在第23山地师服役三年了 |
[05:26] | Two of those in Afghanistan. | 其中有两年驻守在阿富汗 |
[05:28] | Lake is asserting that she was raped by her platoon leader, | 雷克宣称她被她的排长强奸 |
[05:32] | Staff sergeant Russell Scott. | 也就是拉塞尔·司各特上士 |
[05:35] | We’d like you to find out if the allegation’s true. | 我们想请你判断这件事是否属实 |
[05:40] | Lake. Lake! | 雷克 雷克 |
[05:42] | Grab your gear and report to the staff judge advocate. | 收枪 然后去军法参谋那里报道 |
[05:49] | Is sergeant scott being court-martialed? | 司各特上士有没有被送交军事法庭 |
[05:52] | We’re not there yet. | 还没有到这一步呢 |
[05:53] | Sergeant Scott’s leadership | 司各特上士的统帅力 |
[05:55] | is crucial to the tribal intelligence missions | 对于部队的情报工作至关重要 |
[05:57] | we’re running on the Pakistani border. | 我们正准备前往巴基斯坦边境 |
[06:00] | We start a court-martial proceeding, | 一旦送交军士法庭 |
[06:01] | he’ll be off the line for six months. | 他将有六个月的时间不能上前线了 |
[06:05] | Then, I’m afraid we can’t help you. | 这我恐怕帮不了你了 |
[06:07] | Excuse me? | 你什么意思 |
[06:09] | Hire us when you want the truth. | 你雇用我们是来查明真相的 |
[06:10] | Why waste taxpayers’ money if that’s not what you’re after? | 不想知道真相的话又何必浪费纳税人的钱 |
[06:13] | Dr. Lightman, | 莱特曼博士 |
[06:14] | my first concern is the safety of every woman in that platoon. | 我最关心的就是排里面每位女性的安全 |
[06:17] | That’s why we’re investigating. | 所以我们才进行调查 |
[06:19] | But sergeant Scott passed a polygraph. | 但是司各特上士通过了测谎 |
[06:21] | Yeah, well,I bet his grandmother didn’t think he did it, either. | 我打赌他祖母也觉得他不会干这种事的 |
[06:24] | That’s equally reliable. | 测谎与此没任何区别 |
[06:25] | Look, sergeant Scott’s set to redeploy in three days. | 听着 司各特上士三天后就要被重新调派了 |
[06:28] | He’s the only commander who can recognize hostiles on that border. | 他是唯一能够在那个边境辨认敌军的司令官 |
[06:31] | Without him,the mission’s more dangerous for every soldier in the 23rd. | 没有他 整个第23师的任务就悬了 |
[06:35] | I certainly can’t have a rapist in charge of the females in that platoon, | 我当然不允许一个强奸犯在排里领导女兵 |
[06:39] | But if I’m going to pull sergeant scottoff the line, | 但如果要我把司各特上士撤下前线的话 |
[06:40] | I need to know this woman is telling the truth. | 我必须确认这个女人说的是实话 |
[06:53] | Six-five, moves like he’s five-one. | 身高有六尺五寸 却像五尺一寸的球员那样灵活 |
[06:55] | Could dunk at ten, won the state championship at 14. | 十岁就能扣篮 十四岁更是赢得州冠军 |
[06:59] | National high schoolplayer of the year the last three years. | 过去三年一直是年度全美最佳高中球员 |
[07:01] | I would not have pegged you for a hoops geek. | 我真没想到你居然是篮球狂热者 |
[07:03] | You know the fifth-grade boy with the vintage dr. J poster | 有个5年级的孩子揣着朱利叶斯·欧文过时海报 |
[07:06] | And the instant recall of his career stats? | 能记得他的职业生涯的统计 |
[07:09] | I was that boy. | 我就是那个孩子 |
[07:10] | Dr. Foster? I’m Jeremy Levine with the athletic association. | 福斯特博士 我是体育协会的杰里·米乐 |
[07:13] | Thanks for coming down. | 谢谢你们赶来 |
[07:14] | Who doesn’t enjoy a day watching Earl White do his thing? | 谁不想来欣赏厄尔·怀特的表演呢 |
[07:17] | Howard Taft certainly does. | 霍华德·塔夫肯定不想 |
[07:19] | He’s the alumni booster | 他是校友 也是赞助者 |
[07:20] | who all egedly paid Earl $50,000 to come and play for carver. | 据说他付给厄尔50000美元来为卡弗打比赛 |
[07:23] | We’d like to investigate this quietly. | 我们想私下进行调查 |
[07:25] | Earl’s a good kid. He lost his mom last year. | 厄尔是个好孩子 去年他母亲去世 |
[07:27] | He’s raising his brother on his own. | 他独自抚养弟弟 |
[07:29] | Plus, he’s gonna go pro this spring, | 而且今年春天他要进职业队 |
[07:31] | and you don’t want any more bad press for the “one and done” rule. | 你希望媒体不要炒作此事 |
[07:33] | Making kids go to college for a year | 进入职业队之前先读一年大学 |
[07:36] | before they turn pro forces them to take high school more seriously. | 会让他们更认真对待高中教育 |
[07:38] | It also forces young superstars to play | 这也迫使那些年轻的超级明星要打 |
[07:40] | a year of college ball, jacking up ratings and revenues. | 一年的大学篮球赛以提高名声和收入 |
[07:43] | Loker here has a hard time with half-truths. | 洛克尔对一切半真半假的话都很讨厌 |
[07:55] | Earl white,Dr. Gillian Foster | 厄尔·怀特 吉莉安·福斯特博士 |
[07:58] | and her associate,Eli Loker. | 和她的助理 伊莱·洛克尔 |
[07:59] | You folks are the lie guys, right? | 你们就是那些研究谎话的家伙 是吗 |
[08:01] | More the truth guys,but it depends on the case. | 说是研究真相更贴切点 但要依情况而定 |
[08:04] | Do you have some time to chat? | 有时间聊一会儿吗 |
[08:06] | You know, I have to take my little brother home, | 我得送我弟弟回家 |
[08:07] | and I got an econ midterm tomorrow. | 明天我还有经济学期中考试 |
[08:09] | Need to get with the books,you know? | 需要温书 明白吗 |
[08:11] | But hit my cell later. | 晚点儿给我打电话 |
[08:12] | Anything I can do to clear my name. | 只要能恢复名誉 我什么都愿意做 |
[08:14] | Appreciate it. | 非常感谢 |
[08:18] | Any quick reads? | 有什么发现吗 |
[08:20] | His speech was hurried, | 他说话匆忙 |
[08:21] | and he brought that basketball to his chest, creating a barrier between us. | 而且将球抱在胸前在我们之间形成了屏障 |
[08:26] | Those are both signs of anxiety. | 这些都是焦虑的迹象 |
[08:27] | Well, that’s something any college athlete might feel | 当被指控收受贿赂的时候 |
[08:29] | when he’s been accused of taking a bribe. | 任何大学运动员都会感觉焦虑 |
[08:31] | We’re not magicians. We’re scientists. | 我们不是魔术师 是科学家 |
[08:33] | We’ll need to talk to Earl | 我们需要和厄尔 |
[08:34] | and the booster to spot any conclusive signs of lying. | 还有赞助人谈谈来以找出明显的撒谎迹象 |
[08:41] | I’m not naive, okay? | 我不幼稚 好吗 |
[08:45] | When you sign upto be one of four women in a platoon of 30 guys, | 我被分在了有4个女兵30个男兵的排里 |
[08:51] | Guys who aren’tgonna see another woman for six months, well… | 这些家伙将有六个月时间都看不到别的女人 |
[08:55] | Like they say in girl scouts, “be prepared.” | 就像他们在女童子军团所说的”时刻准备好” |
[08:59] | So, you were harassed? | 所以 你被骚扰了 |
[09:00] | Porn in the latrines… | 厕所里有春宫图 |
[09:06] | Jody calls? | 朱迪口令 |
[09:07] | * I taught that bitchher left then right * | 我教这个婊子左转再右转 |
[09:10] | * Nailed her ass then left last night.* | 昨晚干完就离开 |
[09:12] | – Got it. – Yeah. | -明白了 -好吧 |
[09:15] | Did staff sergeant Scott participate in any of this? | 司各特上士参谋参与了吗 |
[09:18] | He didn’t make jokes or anything, but… | 他没嘲笑我或者其他的 但是 |
[09:22] | Oh, his hands were everywhere. | 他的手到处乱摸 |
[09:26] | He liked to walk in on us while we were changing, if we were in the showers. | 我们换衣服或者是正在淋浴时 他喜欢溜进来 |
[09:36] | Tell us about the attack. | 说说他袭击你时的情况吧 |
[09:40] | I was, uh… | 我被 |
[09:45] | I was on my way back from a workout. | 我在训练完毕返回的路上 |
[09:49] | Ran into him behind the mess. | 在食堂后面碰到他 |
[09:53] | And he ordered me to strip. | 他命令我脱衣服 |
[09:55] | He grabbed me. | 他抓住我 |
[10:01] | He pinned me down. | 把我按倒 |
[10:06] | And he assaulted me. | 然后就袭击我 |
[10:12] | I was sexually assaulted. | 我被性侵犯了 |
[10:20] | Hey, what’s up with the mime act? | 你怎么演起哑剧了 |
[10:22] | You ask the questions,I observe. | 你问问题 我观察 |
[10:24] | Dr. Lightman finds asking questions distracting. | 莱特曼博士觉得提问会让他分心 |
[10:26] | He prefers to watch. | 他更喜欢看着 |
[10:28] | You finish the psych profile on the guy she’s accused? | 你完成她指控的那家伙的心理分析了吗 |
[10:33] | Nice to see you, too. | 我也很高兴见到你 |
[10:36] | What’s his problem? | 他有什么问题 |
[10:39] | “Friendly fire.” “Collateral damage.” | “向友军开火” “殃及平民” |
[10:41] | You can start with the lies in the language. | 光听他的话就可以知道是不是在撒谎了 |
[10:46] | Bet they’re not gonna end there. | 光听他说话可是不够的 |
[10:49] | Last tuesday? I went to dinner. | 上个星期二 我去吃晚餐 |
[10:52] | I had a few drinks at the nco club. | 在军士俱乐部部喝了几杯 |
[10:54] | I stopped by the px, and then headed back to the barracks. | 在小卖部逗留了一会然后返回营房 |
[10:56] | Tell me again–start with drinks. | 再说一遍 从喝酒开始 |
[10:58] | Drinks, px, barracks. | 喝酒 小卖部 营房 |
[11:01] | Toothpaste and deodorant. I have the receipt. | 牙膏和除臭剂 我有收据 |
[11:02] | You weren’t anywhere near the mess hall? | 你没到过食堂附近 |
[11:03] | I just said I wasn’T. | 我刚说了我没有 |
[11:04] | And you’re telling me you didn’t attack specialist Lake? | 你在告诉我你没有袭击雷克专员 |
[11:07] | That’s exactly what I’m saying,and while we’re on the subject… | 我确实这么说 而且当我们讨论这个话题 |
[11:09] | Okay. That’s good. | 好了 可以了 |
[11:13] | Thanks for your time. | 谢谢你配合 |
[11:19] | Hey, you. Whoa, quite a bicep you have there. | 喂 你 你的二头肌真壮 |
[11:24] | You must really love the weight room, huh? | 你一定很喜欢去举重房 |
[11:27] | I don’t normally mix business with pleasure, but… | 我一般不会将公事和娱乐混为一谈 但是 |
[11:34] | And I was wondering you fancy grabbing a drink later or… | 不知你想晚点儿去喝一杯吗 |
[11:41] | Uh, I’m not gay. | 我不是同性恋 |
[11:43] | And isn’t this a little inappropriate? | 这是不是有点不妥 |
[11:45] | Absolutely. Sorry. | 绝对是 对不起 |
[11:48] | Ght. Ri excuse me. | 没关系 失陪了 |
[11:55] | What the hell was that? | 这到底是怎么回事 |
[11:56] | I love a man in uniform,you know? | 我喜欢穿制服的男人 |
[11:59] | The rape was unplanned, | 强奸不是预先计划的 |
[12:00] | one time, with no additional violence. | 只发生了一次 没有额外的施暴 |
[12:02] | That suggests a power assertive rapist, | 这显示是一名过分自信的强奸者 |
[12:04] | somebody who is obsessed with masculinity, | 是一个为男子气概烦扰的人 |
[12:06] | who needs others to see him as a man. | 需要别人把他当作男子汉 |
[12:08] | If sergeant Scott fit the profile, | 如果司各特上士符合这个情况 |
[12:10] | he would have reacted to my overture with one emotion– disgust. | 他会对我的提议有反应会有某种情绪 恶心 |
[12:14] | There was no disgust,just surprise. | 没有恶心 只有惊讶 |
[12:16] | Correct– eyebrows up, jaw down. | 正确 眉毛上 下颌向下 |
[12:18] | Okay, but… the guy was totally amped up. | 好吧 但是 他全神戒备 |
[12:20] | Yeah, but he showed no deception leak age, | 是的 但是他没有表现出丝毫欺骗 |
[12:23] | right,no sign of lying. | 对吧 没有撒谎的迹象 |
[12:24] | He looked like he wanted to throw me across the room. | 他看起来就像要把我扔出屋去 |
[12:26] | A man charged with rapeis | 一个男人如果被栽赃指控强奸 |
[12:28] | even more likely to be angry if he’s innocent. | 一般都会更加气愤 |
[12:30] | – Well, they can’t bothbe telling the truth. – They’re not. | -他们不可能说的都是真话 -的确不是 |
[12:33] | Sheila lake made two mouth shrugs | 当描述强奸案时 |
[12:35] | when she was describing the rape. | 希拉·雷克做了两次抿嘴动作 |
[12:40] | That’s a classic gestural slip. | 经典的模棱两可动作 |
[12:42] | It means she has no confidence in her words. | 表示她对自己的话全无信心 |
[12:45] | The woman was lying. | 她在说谎 |
[12:57] | I was sexually assaulted. | 我被性侵犯了 |
[13:00] | You really think a woman would lie about rape? | 你真认为女人会谎称自己被强奸了吗 |
[13:03] | Unpleasant truths, pleasant truths, | 令人不悦的现实 令人愉悦的现实 |
[13:05] | human mortality,a moustache on a woman | 人类必死的命运 还有女人的小胡子 |
[13:07] | Three things we’d all prefer to ignore. | 是我们最易忽略的三样东西 |
[13:10] | Fbi crime reports have found that eight percent of rape allegations are false. | FBI的罪案报告发现有8%的强奸声称为假 |
[13:13] | Okay, but the army vets I worked with at TSA | 但同我在运输安全管理局共事的军队兽医说在那里 |
[13:17] | said that sexual assaul twas a big problem. | 性侵犯是很个大问题 |
[13:18] | It doesn’t explain the gestural slip. | 那并不能解释她的模棱两可动作 |
[13:20] | Lake’s also not exhibiting any of the emotions a rape victim typically displays | 在详述案情时 雷克也未展现出任何 |
[13:23] | When recounting her story. | 强奸被害者应有的情感 |
[13:25] | No shame… no fear. | 没有难堪 也无害怕 |
[13:30] | We should be seeing a lot of activity in the forehead, | 在她的额头上 本应表现更多变化 |
[13:32] | but there isn’t any. | 但并无变化的踪迹 |
[13:34] | Maybe she’s got post-traumatic stress. | 也许她仍未克服创伤后应激障碍 |
[13:35] | Emotional numbing might explain her inability to express her feelings… | 情感麻木或许能解释她情感的无法表现 |
[13:38] | But not the mouth shrug. | 但仍无法解释抿嘴 |
[13:40] | Look, I’m telling you,there’s something off about sergeant scott. | 听好了 那个司各特上士肯定有问题 |
[13:42] | You know, I once had actors play out the test imony from a rape case | 我曾雇演员在30位联邦法官前复述 |
[13:46] | In front of 30 federal judges. | 一例强奸案中的证词 |
[13:48] | And you know the biggest predictor of | 你知道什么因素会影响法官们 |
[13:51] | whether they believed the man or the woman? | 会支持男方还是女方吗 |
[13:53] | The gender of the judge. | 法官的性别 |
[13:55] | You think I’m saying he’s guilty ’cause I’m a woman? | 你认为我指控他有罪仅仅因为我是女人吗 |
[13:57] | Me, Darwin, | 我 达尔文 |
[13:58] | and 2,000 years of evolutionary biology. | 还有2000年的生物进化史都这么想 |
[14:01] | Well, I think whatdr. Lightman is trying to say is | 莱特曼博士的观点是 |
[14:03] | That it’s important not to let what you bring in the room affect what you see in the room. | 最好不要让成见蒙蔽双眼 |
[14:06] | Dr. Lightman? | 莱特曼博士 |
[14:08] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[14:09] | Harassment report. | 性骚扰的报告 |
[14:10] | Opportunity rep just sent it over. | 这个排的全体人员意见刚刚送过来 |
[14:13] | Looks like it was filed anonymously last fall. | 看来是去年秋天被匿名归档的 |
[14:15] | It all eges sergeant Scott surprised women in the showers | 上面声称司各特上士曾闯入女澡堂 |
[14:18] | And entered their barracks unannounced. | 并且还曾未经通知进入女兵舍 |
[14:22] | Hmm, backs up Lake’s story. | 和雷克的说法相吻合 |
[14:29] | You know,generally it’s not a good idea to call your boss an idiot. | 一般来说 把老板称为白痴不是个明智的做法 |
[14:32] | – I didn’t say you were an idi… – but your buccinator did. | -我没说你是白痴 -可你的嘴角出卖了你 |
[14:34] | That’s not… | -那不是 |
[14:35] | Oh, that’s a pretty impressive combination of contempt and disgust. | 那可是个不错的轻蔑与厌恶的结合 |
[14:39] | I’M… I’m S… I… | 对不起 我 |
[14:42] | Apology accepted. | 接受你的道歉 |
[14:45] | Head back to fort meade | 回米德基地 |
[14:46] | and check into the personnel files of the woman and the sergeant. | 然后查查那位女士与上士的个人档案 |
[14:49] | And hang in there. | 别泄气啊 |
[14:54] | – You should consider going a little easier on torres. – Why? | -你别对托勒斯太过苛刻 -为什么 |
[14:58] | She’s all false positives. | 她作出了错误的肯定判断 |
[14:59] | See, that’s the trouble with naturals. | 看到没 天资聪颖的人就有这样的问题 |
[15:01] | They don’t see what’s missing. | 他们无法看透表面 |
[15:03] | They’re all instinct and no science. | 只靠直觉 不理科学 |
[15:05] | I’ll have a falafel sandwich, please. | 请给我一份沙拉三明治 |
[15:07] | An Italian ice. Grape. | 意大利冰激凌 葡萄味的 |
[15:14] | You wash your hands today? | 你今天洗手了吗 |
[15:16] | Uh, yeah, of course. | 当然洗了 |
[15:20] | Do you have any kind of pain in your neck? | 你脖子有什么不适吗 |
[15:21] | Uh, no. Why? | 没有啊 怎么了 |
[15:24] | People touch it when they lie. | 人们撒谎时就会摸那里 |
[15:26] | It’s a classic manipulator. | 经典的强迫行为 |
[15:32] | – You been to them athrootoday? – Cal. | -今天上过洗手间没 -卡尔 |
[15:33] | Uh, no. | 没啊 |
[15:36] | Oh, great. | 太好了 |
[15:38] | Anybody else want a side of feces? | 谁还想来点大便 |
[15:40] | Anybody? Side of feces? | 有人想吗 来点大便吗 |
[15:48] | If an alum took me here, I would want to playhoops for carver. | 如果给我钱我也想为卡弗打篮球 |
[15:50] | I bet it made an impression on Earl White. | 那肯定会让厄尔·怀特印象深刻 |
[15:53] | Why is it guys named White are always black | 为啥叫怀特[白色]的总是黑人 |
[15:55] | and guys named Black are always white? | 而叫布莱克[黑色]却总是白人 |
[15:57] | Am I going to be sorry you’re here? | 我不会因为带你来而后悔的吧 |
[15:58] | Barry white,Jack Black. | 巴里·怀特 杰克·布莱克 |
[16:00] | Does your radical honesty pledge mean you have to say everything you think? | 你那个彻底诚实的誓言并不包括口无遮拦吧 |
[16:04] | It’s the only way to be truly honest. | 这是真正诚实的唯一途径 |
[16:05] | Let’s turn it off while we’re working, shall we? | 工作的时候打住 行吗 |
[16:08] | Now, what do we know about the booster? | 我们对这个支持者了解多少 |
[16:09] | Uh, Howard Taft, forty-five, made his money on internet job boards, | 他叫霍华德·塔夫 45岁 靠网上工作台赚钱 |
[16:14] | Led the funding campaign for carver’s new athletic center. | 是卡弗新运动中心的主要资金来源 |
[16:17] | Apparently he likes giving back. | 显然他挺懂知恩图报 |
[16:21] | Mr. Taft, thanks for agreeing to talk with us. | 塔夫先生 谢谢您愿意和我们谈谈 |
[16:24] | Always a pleasure to talk carver basketball, dr. Foster. | 我很乐意谈卡弗的篮球 福斯特博士 |
[16:30] | Oh, championship ring. Sweet. | 冠军纪念戒啊 真不错 |
[16:32] | Must have cost a fortune online. | 在网上拍肯定花了大价钱吧 |
[16:34] | Actually, I, uh,I earned it riding the pine for the ’86 team. | 其实 这是我为86队坐冷板凳得来的 |
[16:42] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[16:43] | It’s a, uh, voice stress analyzer. | 是语音压力测试器 |
[16:45] | It measures pitch and gauges anxiety. | 它能识别焦虑的峰值和读数 |
[16:48] | We find it’s less about what you say than how you say it. | 我们要测的不是内容而是你讲话的方式 |
[16:51] | Now, tell us about your relationship with Earl White. | 现在 跟我们说说你与厄尔·怀特的关系 |
[17:02] | He ordered me to strip. | 他命令我脱衣服 |
[17:05] | He grabbed me… | 他抓住我 |
[17:06] | Oh, sorry. | 打扰一下 |
[17:08] | These are specialist Lake’s platoon mates. | 这几位是与雷克同一排的战友 |
[17:12] | Thanks for coming in. | 感谢你们的到来 |
[17:14] | I want to conduct individual interviews, | 我想进行单独问话 |
[17:15] | so if you could come with me, you two stay here. | 所以你先和我来 你们两位在这里稍候 |
[17:17] | Thanks, Heidi. | 谢谢 海蒂 |
[17:33] | Pinned me down. | 把我按倒 |
[17:37] | And he assaulted me. | 之后就侵犯了我 |
[17:42] | I was sexually assaulted. | 我被性侵犯了 |
[17:53] | You finish the vocal stress analysis on Taft? | 塔夫的语音压力测试完成了吧 |
[17:55] | Yeah. Check it out. | 完成了 来看看吧 |
[18:02] | Oh, championship ring. Sweet. | 冠军纪念戒啊 真不错 |
[18:04] | Must have cost a fortune online. | 在网上拍一定很贵吧 |
[18:07] | Actually, I… I earned it riding the pine for the ’86 team. | 其实 是我为86队坐冷板凳挣的 |
[18:12] | Typical vocal stress on a typical question. | 对常规问题的语音压力正常 |
[18:14] | That’s Taft’s vocal stress baseline. | 那个是塔夫的语音压力基准线 |
[18:16] | And given how irritating most people find you… | 考虑到你有多能激怒他人 |
[18:18] | It’s a high tolerance baseline. | 这还真是个忍耐力极好的基准线 |
[18:19] | He’d have to be extremely anxious for his pitch to spike above it, so… | 由于他的峰值已超过峰顶 他肯定是极度焦虑 |
[18:22] | Applying the baseline… | 根据基准线 |
[18:24] | You can see from the spikes that Taft had three moments of extreme anxiety. | 能看出塔夫有三次是最为焦虑的 |
[18:27] | Let me guess. That’s when he denied bribing our basketball phenom. | 我来猜猜 就是他否认贿赂篮球天才时 |
[18:29] | Yep. Indistinguishable to the ear, but… | 对 光靠听很难辩别真假 不过 |
[18:33] | And, no, I didn’t bribe Earl White. | 不 我没有贿赂厄尔·怀特 |
[18:37] | Really, I didn’t give earl a penny. | 真的 我没给厄尔一分钱 |
[18:39] | A bribe? I barely know the kid. | 贿赂 我几乎都不认识他 |
[18:42] | Thanks to the technology, we can see the stress in Taft’s voice. | 幸好有这技术 才能从塔夫的声波看出他紧张 |
[18:46] | The data suggests young Mr. White just came into a lot of money. | 数据显示怀特先生最近发了笔财 |
[18:48] | But we’ve seen no uptick in Earl’s spending habits. | 但我们看不出厄尔最近花钱有特别的地方 |
[18:51] | I talked to his friends. | 我和他朋友谈过了 |
[18:52] | The guy’s got no bling, | 这家伙并不穿金戴银 |
[18:53] | he lives in a walk-up with his brother, | 他和弟弟住在无电梯公寓里 |
[18:55] | he takes the bus… | 每天坐公交车 |
[18:56] | Earl’s got a big payday coming | 厄尔马上就会转为职业球员 |
[18:58] | as soon as he turns pro. | 将有大笔收入等着他 |
[18:59] | Why take taft’s money | 如果不是有急用 |
[19:00] | if he’s not going to spend it? | 他为什么要收塔夫的钱呢 |
[19:02] | The psychology’s inconsistent. | 这样的逻辑没道理 |
[19:03] | We need to get inside Earl’s head. | 我们得对厄尔做进一步考察 |
[19:05] | You want me to pull recent interview footage, | 你要不要看看最近和他谈话的录像 |
[19:07] | See if he leaks anything | 看看在谈到代表卡弗比赛时 |
[19:08] | when he talks about playing for carver? | 他有没有露出蛛丝马迹 |
[19:09] | Yeah. | 好 |
[19:11] | What’s that last sound wave? | 最后那段声波是怎么回事 |
[19:15] | Always a pleasure to talk carver basketball, dr. Foster. | 我很乐意谈卡弗的篮球 福斯特博士 |
[19:18] | That is when Taft met you. | 那是塔夫特见到你的时候 |
[19:20] | See how the graphis all scrunched up? | 看看这段声波起伏不定的 |
[19:22] | It indicates arousal. | 这代表性唤起 |
[19:24] | Apparently the pine was not | 看来高个子并不是 |
[19:25] | the only thing our aging jock wanted to ride. | 这位前运动员唯一想驾驭的 |
[19:28] | Hey, can I… | 能不能 |
[19:29] | Please. | 拜托 |
[19:33] | Staff sergeant Scott has a past. | 司各特上士有前科 |
[19:35] | He has a criminal record? | 他有前科 |
[19:36] | A long one. | 而且不少 |
[19:38] | I thought you couldn’t get into the army with a record. | 有案底是进不了军队的 |
[19:40] | You can’t, unless they grant you | 是不能 除非他们同意 |
[19:41] | what’s called a moral waiver. | 给你一次”道德重塑”的机会 |
[19:43] | It used to bejust for misdemeanors, | 以前只给犯轻罪的人机会 |
[19:44] | But the army is so stretched for recruits | 以前只给犯轻罪的人机会 |
[19:45] | that they’re using them to let felons in. | 但军队急需人所以就用这个名号让重犯加入 |
[19:47] | Moral waiver. | “道德重塑” |
[19:49] | The army really has a way with words. | 军方真是擅长甩嘴皮子 |
[19:50] | Uh, sergeant Scott was arrested for | 司各特上士曾因 |
[19:51] | possession, arson,assault and battery… | 偷盗 纵火 人身攻击而被捕入狱 |
[19:54] | He has an arson conviction? | 他是纵火犯 |
[19:55] | He was 16,but the assault’s more recent. | 当时他16岁 人身攻击是最近发生的 |
[19:57] | No, I-it’s the arson that’s significant. | 不 纵火罪是最关键的 |
[20:00] | Arson and rape have an unusually high correlation. | 放火 强奸本质是相同的 |
[20:02] | They’re both crimesabout the assertion of power. | 都属于宣张自己的力量 |
[20:05] | So with the arson conviction… | 那么就是说 有了纵火罪的案底 |
[20:07] | Yeah. It makes the rapea lot more likely. | 是的 他犯强奸罪的可能性很大 |
[20:15] | We’re seng promising indicators in the pentium chip market. | 芯片行业的前景一片乐观 |
[20:18] | Techspring earnings should be strong as ever. | 科技园的利润将一如既往的丰厚 |
[20:22] | Hey, boss. | 老板 |
[20:23] | Call my broker, have him dump all my holdings in techspring. | 通知我的经纪人让他抛掉我科技园的股份 |
[20:26] | Okay. And, uh, I just spoke with major harris’ office. | 我刚和哈里斯少校通话 |
[20:29] | I told them you were on your way. | 我说你正在路上 |
[20:33] | Look at that hand shrug. | 看这手势 |
[20:35] | It’s not a good time to be investing in techspring. | 这不是投资科技园的好时机 |
[20:36] | We need to talk about sergeant Scott. | 我们得谈谈司各特上士 |
[20:40] | This is classified. How’d you get it? | 这是机密 你怎么知道的 |
[20:42] | The same way you would have. | 和你一样 |
[20:44] | Given the correlation between arson and rape… | 鉴于纵火罪和强奸罪之间的关系 |
[20:46] | well, it’s interesting,but it’s irrelevant, I’m afraid. | 有意思 恐怕两者毫不相干吧 |
[20:49] | Turns out Lake’s ptoon matesd rather a lot to say. | 看来雷克的战友们有话要说 |
[20:52] | Heidi said they wouldn’t talk about the rape. | 海蒂说他们没有谈强奸的事 |
[20:54] | Well, I didn’t bring them in to hear them talk. | 我没有找他们谈话 |
[20:57] | I brought them into watch them listen. | 而是观察他们看录像时的动作表情 |
[21:01] | – They turned the video back on, huh? – Yep. | -他们看了录像 -没错 |
[21:05] | It’s human nature. | 这是人的天性 |
[21:09] | They always flip the switch. | 喜欢按按钮 |
[21:11] | Hey, natural. What do you see? | 天才 你看见了什么 |
[21:16] | Nothing. I don’t see anything. | 什么也没有 我什么也没看见 |
[21:18] | Exactly. | 这就对了 |
[21:19] | – I don’t understand. – Well, look. | -我不明白 -看 |
[21:22] | The absence of emotion is… | 情感的隐蔽 |
[21:28] | Just as importantas the presence of emotion. | 和感情的表露是一样重要的 |
[21:32] | Now, you,you need to learn that. | 你要学会观察这点 |
[21:36] | When women listen to a rape victim they believe, | 女人听说别人被强奸时 |
[21:37] | they reflect certain emotions. | 她们会有特定的反应 |
[21:39] | They blush, avert their eyes,hunch their shoulders. | 脸红 躲避目光 耸耸肩 |
[21:42] | These women exhibit none of that. | 而这两个却是无动于衷 |
[21:44] | They’re not showinga ny reflectors. | 他们没表现出这些 |
[21:47] | So they don’t believe her. | 所以他们根本不相信她说的话 |
[21:48] | That doesn’t prove anything. | 这证明不了什么 |
[21:49] | Lake lived with those women for three years | 他们和雷克住一起三年了 |
[21:52] | and neither one of them is reacting. | 但她们两个毫无反应 |
[21:54] | They know this rape never happened. | 她们知道根本没有强奸这回事 |
[22:01] | You made a false accusation against your sergeant. | 你给了你的上士一个莫须有的罪名 |
[22:04] | That’s a crime. | 这是犯罪 |
[22:08] | And then there’s the other women in your platoon. | 你的排里也有其他女战友 |
[22:12] | You know, we have mps standing by. | 知道吗 外面就有军警站着 |
[22:15] | If your friends helped you plan this, | 如果这是和你朋友一起策划的 |
[22:18] | they’re as guilty as you are, right? | 她们会被指控同谋 |
[22:23] | They know you’re lying,don’t they? | 她们知道你在撒谎 对吧 |
[22:32] | Thought so. | 我就知道 |
[22:34] | Have the mps arresther platoon mates. They’re all in on it. | 让军警逮捕她的战友 这件事她们都有份 |
[22:44] | No!Look, they had noth…They had nothing to do with it. | 不 不关她们的事 |
[22:50] | It was my idea. | 都是我的主意 |
[22:51] | Sergeant Scott didn’t rape you? | 司各特上士没强奸你吗 |
[22:54] | No.He didn’t. | 是的 他没有 |
[22:57] | Take Specialist Lake into custody. | 把雷克专员逮捕起来 |
[23:00] | How could you do this? | 你怎么能这么做 |
[23:02] | You know how hard it is for women in the military. | 女人在军队中生存下来很难 |
[23:04] | The army has just started to take these claims seriously. | 军方已经开始认真考虑女军人的呼声 |
[23:06] | There are victims out there who need help. | 需要帮助的受害人 |
[23:09] | A lot of them. | 很多受害人 |
[23:11] | You should be ashamed of yourself. | 你该为自己的行为感到羞耻 |
[23:13] | Ashamed? | 羞耻 |
[23:15] | I may have lied, but I was doing the right thing. | 或许我是说了谎 但做的没错 |
[23:17] | Okay, I was trying to protect my platoon. | 我是在保护队友们 |
[23:19] | I was doing the right thing. | 我一点没错 |
[23:22] | I was doing the right thing! | 我一点没错 |
[23:28] | Ladies, if you could,uh, wait in there, | 女士们 可以的话 在这儿稍等 |
[23:31] | I will be taking youin one at a time. | 我一个一个叫你们 |
[23:32] | Playing out your favorite fantasies, Loker? | 你这是在实现梦境么 洛克尔 |
[23:34] | Studying the psychological influence of uniformson credibility. | 我在研究穿制服的人给别人的可信度心理 |
[23:38] | Lightman wanted to see how they affect people’s ability to spot lies. | 莱特曼想看看这对人们识别谎言有什么影响 |
[23:41] | Women in uniform? | 制服美女 |
[23:44] | I do love my work. | 我喜爱这项工作 |
[23:46] | How’s it going with Lightman? | 莱特曼那怎么样了 |
[23:48] | Uh, he’s not my biggest fan. | 他好像不太喜欢我 |
[23:50] | Well, that’s just’cause you’re uneducated. | 因为你没受过教育 |
[23:52] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[23:53] | Well, you’re a natural. | 说你是天才 |
[23:55] | The few naturals Lightman’s come across have one thing in common. | 莱特曼见过的几个天才有一个共同点 |
[23:59] | No college degree. | 没有大学学位 |
[24:01] | You haven’t been asked to focus on verbal skills, | 没有人要求你展示口才 |
[24:03] | so you focus on body language. | 所以你更注重于肢体语言 |
[24:05] | You’re saying I can’t learn the science. | 你是说我学不了科学 |
[24:07] | I’m saying you didn’t have to. | 我是说你不需要学 |
[24:10] | That’s got tobe irritating | 那是很打击人的 |
[24:11] | for a guy who’s spent two decades trying to see | 我花了20年时间来 |
[24:12] | what you were born seeing. | 学你一出生就会的东西 |
[24:17] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[24:18] | That’s very un-loker of you. | 这话真不像是你说出来的 |
[24:22] | I’ve never been with a latina woman. | 我还从没有和拉丁美女好过呢 |
[24:26] | Don’t push it. | 别逼我 |
[24:32] | How’s it going with the ballplayer? | 那个棒球手怎么样了 |
[24:33] | – Ballplayers play baseball. – Yeah. | -棒球手是玩棒球的 -是的 |
[24:35] | Chicken dumpling? | 鸡肉饺子 |
[24:35] | Oh, no. Never eat meat I can’t see. | 不 从来不吃我看不着的肉 |
[24:38] | No. Really. No. | 不 谢谢了 别吃 |
[24:40] | You have no idea what’s in there. | 你不知道里面放了什么东西 |
[24:44] | Take a look at this. | 看看这个 |
[24:45] | Earl white just took state for the third time. | 厄尔·怀特已经三次带领球队获得冠军了 |
[24:47] | The kid’s on the list of every nba scout in the country, | NBA球探都在关注他 |
[24:50] | But when asked about playing pro ball… | 但当他被问到将来的职业生涯时 |
[24:54] | Chin thrust. He’s angry. | 下巴上翘 他生气了 |
[24:55] | Very. | 很生气 |
[24:57] | Earl white should be on top of the world. Why is he secretly angry? | 厄尔·怀特傲世天下 他为什么暗中生气 |
[25:01] | I spot the liars. | 我只管找出谁在说谎 |
[25:03] | You’re the feelings department. | 说谎的动机一向是你负责的 |
[25:06] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[25:08] | I got something for you. | 有些事情 |
[25:11] | Okay, would you lie to right a wrong? | 问下 你会因为试图因做好事而撒谎吗 |
[25:16] | Depends. Why? | 看情况 为什么这么问 |
[25:21] | Lake lied, | 雷克撒谎了 |
[25:22] | but then said she was protecting her platoon. | 但当她说她这样做是为了保护她的排的时候 |
[25:24] | I’m doing the right thing. | 我这样做是对的 |
[25:26] | She said it with conviction, | 她说这句话时非常坚定 |
[25:28] | and with no deception leakage. | 没有任何撒谎迹象 |
[25:29] | How does accusing your commander of rape protect the platoon? | 指控你的长官强奸自己怎么会保护自己的排 |
[25:32] | That’s what I asked myself. | 我也试图搞懂这一点 |
[25:33] | Okay, these are the individual interviews with her platoon mates. | 好 下面的是对她队员的逐个询问录像 |
[25:37] | Watch what happens when they discuss sergeant Scott. | 注意当她们被问到司各特上士时的表情 |
[25:42] | Sergeant Scott is a strong leader. | 司各特上士是个好领导 |
[25:43] | I’m glad sergeant Scott’s in command. | 我很乐意被司各特上士领导 |
[25:46] | – Concealed disgust. – Yup. | -隐蔽的厌恶 -是的 |
[25:49] | Looks the same every time. | 这时的表情都是一样的 |
[25:51] | They know he didn’t rape Sheila Lake, | 她们知道他没有强奸雷克 |
[25:53] | but they feel intense disgust for him. | 但她们非常厌恶这个家伙 |
[25:55] | Made me think. | 这让我想起 |
[25:56] | What if Sheila Lake didn’t lie about everything? | 如果希拉说的话有一部分是事实呢 |
[26:00] | What if she lied about the victim, but not the crime? | 如果她撒谎的只是受害者而并非事件本身呢 |
[26:05] | So, you think sergeant Scott raped | 这么说 你认为司各特上士强奸了 |
[26:06] | someone else in the platoon? | 这个排的其它人 |
[26:07] | The harassment report,arson conviction– | 关于他的骚扰报告 |
[26:09] | both consistent with the profile of a rapist, right? | 纵火罪都说明了强奸是有可能发生的 |
[26:12] | What if the real victim is too scared to come forward? | 有没有可能真正的受害者不敢出面 |
[26:16] | So Lake accuses sergeant Scott to right a past wrong, | 雷克指控司各特是为了做好事 |
[26:19] | And to protect the other women in the platoon. | 为了保护排里的其它女士 |
[26:24] | Do you think Scott raped one of them? | 你觉得司各特强奸了她们其中一个吗 |
[26:26] | No. None of them isexhibiting any fear. | 不 她们没有害怕的迹象 |
[26:31] | It could have been someone who was transferred, orr killed in combat. | 受害者可能已经转走或者阵亡了 |
[26:36] | I thought we were done with this case. | 这个案子不是已经了结了吗 |
[26:37] | No. It’s possible sergeant Scott raped someone | 没有 司各特上士有可能强奸了 |
[26:40] | who used to be in the platoon. | 以前在排里的某个人 |
[26:42] | Your buccinator’s playing up again. | 你嘴巴又上翘了 |
[26:45] | It’s not… I didn’t say… | 不是 我没有 |
[26:47] | Oh, look. Now you’re embarrassed. | 看看 现在尴尬了吧 |
[26:49] | Well, you have every reason to be. | 你当然有理由看不起我 |
[26:50] | You did get it wrong,didn’t you? | 你是对的 不是吗 |
[26:51] | – I mean, sergeant Scott didn’t rape Sheila Lake. – Cal… | -我是说司各特上士没有强奸希拉·雷克 -卡尔 |
[26:53] | what? She’s the one making snide comments. Look at her face. | 干嘛 她之前不是在嘲笑我吗 看看她的脸 |
[26:56] | How do people work here? | 这儿没法呆了 |
[26:58] | Sergeant Scott redeploys within 24 hours. | 司各特上士24小时内就要出发了 |
[27:00] | I want you to get a hold of military personnel. | 你联系下部队 |
[27:01] | I want the historic roster for the platoon right away. | 我要把这个排以前的花名册全都拿来 |
[27:04] | Got it. | 明白 |
[27:07] | What? | 干嘛 |
[27:10] | Oh, what,now you’re starting on me? | 干嘛 现在轮到你了是不 |
[27:12] | Don’t say something you’ll regret. | 别说那些让你将来后悔的话 |
[27:13] | And I saw that. | 再说我也看出来了 |
[27:16] | Can I have a muffin? | 要个松饼 |
[27:19] | Ah, no. No, no, no, you don’t want the muffins here. They are terrible. | 别 别 这的松饼不能吃 味道太差了 |
[27:22] | They taste like sofa cushions | 吃起来像沙发垫上面 |
[27:23] | covered with the moldy nutsyour grandmother used to | 还有一层你祖母放在旧瓶子 |
[27:25] | – keep in that old jar on her… – Okay, okay. | -发霉的坚果 -行了行了 |
[27:28] | Between you and Lightman,a girl could starve. | 我已经被你和莱特曼搞得快不行了 |
[27:30] | Do you have something for me? | 有什么新消息吗 |
[27:31] | Yeah, um… | 是的 |
[27:32] | I’ve been watching tape of Earl | 我一直在看关于厄尔的录像 |
[27:34] | trying to understand what’s behind the anger. | 试图明白他为什么生气 |
[27:35] | Uh, nothing so far,but I did come up with this expression. | 没有什么收获 但我发现了这个表情 |
[27:42] | I’ve been through the facial coding book, | 我查了有关表情的书上的代码 |
[27:45] | and there’s elementsof au-four and au-five. | 对应着AU4和AU5. |
[27:47] | – But it’s not anger. – No. | -但不是生气 -是的 |
[27:50] | It’s not. | 这不是 |
[27:51] | Can we pull up full stats for Earl over the year? | 我们能查到厄尔这些年的所有资料吗 |
[27:54] | Sure. What emotion is it? | 可以 那是什么情感的表现 |
[27:57] | It’s not an emotion. | 和情感无关 |
[28:01] | And earlier, | 早些时候 |
[28:05] | After techspring shares plummeted in the wake of a subpar q1 earnings report. | 罗伯特·罗西耶罗总裁试图安抚投资者的情绪 |
[28:10] | This is entirely unexpected. | 这完全出乎意料 |
[28:15] | You know, for a ceo, | 看看 对于一个CEO来说 |
[28:16] | this guy’s a terrible liar. | 这个家伙撒谎的水平太差了 |
[28:18] | You talk to personnel at fort meade? | 你和米德基地的人谈了吗 |
[28:19] | None of the womenin the 23rd died in combat, but there’s one who went awol. | 23师没有女兵阵亡 但有人擅离职守 |
[28:23] | Rebecca metz was on the 23rd’sroster in afghanistan. | 丽贝卡·梅茨在阿富汗的时候曾是23师的一员 |
[28:26] | Went awol four months ago, | 四个月前在调离申请未被批准 |
[28:28] | shortly after her transfer request was denied. | 不久后就擅离职守了 |
[28:29] | She tried to transfer out of her platoon? | 她试图调出她的排吗 |
[28:31] | That’s not all. | 还有别的 |
[28:32] | Here’s a copy of the anonymous harasment report on sergeant scott. | 这还有一份关于司各特上士骚扰报告的副本 |
[28:36] | Handwriting’s the same. | 笔迹是同一人的 |
[28:37] | They have any idea where she is? | 他们知道她现在在哪里吗 |
[28:39] | No, but the number of awol soldiers | 不知道 自从我们入侵伊拉克以 |
[28:41] | has doubled since we invaded Iraq. | 来擅离职守的人数增加了一倍 |
[28:43] | I doubt they got the manpower to play that muchhide-and-seek. | 我不认为他们有足够的人手来玩捉迷藏的游戏 |
[28:45] | – Well, she’s got relatives in baltimore, right? – Yeah. | -她有亲人在巴尔的摩 对吗 -是的 |
[28:48] | Hate to miss a family reunion. | 我们可不能错过亲人重逢的场面 |
[28:59] | Hello? | 你好 |
[29:00] | Uh, what can I do for you? | 有事吗 |
[29:02] | Looking for your granddaughter,Rebecca Metz? | 我们来找你的孙女 丽贝卡·梅茨 |
[29:04] | She’s not here. | 她不在这 |
[29:08] | Sounds good. You mind if I borrow this? | 好吧 能借用一下吗 |
[29:11] | What? Where are you going? | 干嘛 你去哪 |
[29:16] | Help! | 救命啊 |
[29:19] | – Help! – Grandpa? Grand… | -救命啊 -爷爷 爷 |
[29:26] | help. | 救命 |
[29:30] | Sheila admitted she was lying, | 希拉承认她撒了谎 |
[29:31] | but she said she was trying to protect the platoon. | 但她说这是为了保护她的排 |
[29:34] | I don’t know what this has to do with me. | 我不明白这和我有什么关系 |
[29:36] | Sheila didn’t make everything up. | 希拉讲了一部分事实 |
[29:38] | We know why you went awol. | 我们知道你为什么擅离职守 |
[29:42] | We’re not here for the army. | 我们不是部队派来的 |
[29:44] | We just want to know what happened. | 我们只是想知道发生了什么 |
[29:52] | I, uh… | 我 |
[29:55] | Never had a problem with sergeant Scott in the states. | 在国内的时候和司各特上士相处得很好 |
[29:59] | He wasn’t loudor gross like the other guys. But… | 他不像那些家伙那么粗俗 但 |
[30:03] | But on our first day inafghanistan, after curfew, | 但我们在阿富汗的第一天 在宵禁开始后 |
[30:10] | he came in my tent. | 他走进我的帐篷 |
[30:12] | He raped you? | 他强奸了你 |
[30:14] | The sergeant’s in charge. | 军营里得一切服从中士 |
[30:17] | He’s supposed to have your back. | 他本该是你的后盾 |
[30:21] | My job is to say yes. | 我是职责是遵守命令 |
[30:23] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[30:25] | It happened more than once? | 这种情况之后还发生过吗 |
[30:29] | Almost every night over there… for months. | 一连几个月 几乎每晚都这样 |
[30:33] | I couldn’t take it anymore. When we got back, I just… | 我再也无法忍受 当我们回来时 我就 |
[30:36] | You ran. | 你逃跑了 |
[30:39] | You need to come with us. | 你得跟我们走一趟 |
[30:41] | Your platoon redeploys tomorrow. | 你们排明天就要走了 |
[30:43] | You can’t let the army | 你不能让你的同伴们 |
[30:44] | send those women back to afghanistan with sergeant Scott. | 再跟司各特上士一起被派回阿富汗 |
[30:45] | I can’t go back. | 我不能回去 |
[30:47] | Well, what about Sheila? She lied for you. | 那希拉怎么办 她为你而撒谎 |
[30:48] | – I… I can’T. – Rebecca… | -我 我不能 -丽贝卡 |
[30:49] | no. I… | 不 我 |
[30:51] | Okay. Okay then. | 好吧 那好吧 |
[30:55] | – Sorry to barge in. – What are you doing? | -很抱歉我夺门而入 -你要做什么 |
[30:58] | – I’m going back to the base. – But… | -我要回到基地去 -但是 |
[31:00] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:03] | How did… Did they follow us here? | 这是 他们一直跟踪我们 |
[31:06] | Oh, no. I called them. | 不 是我叫的他们 |
[31:18] | Leave me alone. | 走开 |
[31:19] | – Rebecca… – I know you calledthe mps. | -丽贝卡 -我知道是你们叫的军警 |
[31:21] | Well, I had hoped you’d talk, | 我也希望能单独跟你谈谈 |
[31:22] | but, yeah, I had them standing by. | 但他们必须得站在边上 |
[31:24] | – Rebecca, if you explain to us… – Don’t you get it? | -丽贝卡 如果你能解释下 -你没听懂吗 |
[31:25] | Do you have any idea what it’s like to be a woman in the military? | 你知道军队里的女人过着什么样的生活吗 |
[31:29] | You’re either a bitch or a whore. | 你不做婊子就得当妓女 |
[31:31] | And they’re just waiting for you to fail, to admit you can’t hack it. | 而他们就等着你犯错 让你承认自己不行 |
[31:34] | Well, then, go to jail. That’ll sh ’em. | 那就坐牢吧 让他们看看 |
[31:36] | Be all you can be. | 你多有骨气 |
[31:45] | You’re scared. | 你在害怕 |
[31:46] | You are still scared of sergeant scott. | 你还是害怕司各特上士 |
[31:49] | I’m not afraid of him. | 我才不怕他 |
[31:51] | You’re afraid of something. | 那你害怕什么 |
[31:54] | I’m afraid they won’t believe me. | 我怕他们不相信我的话 |
[31:58] | Ah, it doesn’t matter if they believe you. | 没关系 就算他们不信你 |
[32:00] | They’ll believe me. | 他们会相信我 |
[32:11] | Hey, Earl. Thanks for taking the time. | 感谢你能抽出时间 |
[32:14] | By the way,I’m a big fan. Would you mind? | 能顺便给我这个超级粉丝签个名吗 |
[32:16] | Oh, no problem. | 当然可以 |
[32:20] | Bet this’ll be worth a lot some day. | 我打赌这签名在将来会很值钱 |
[32:22] | Oh, yeah. | 那当然 |
[32:23] | Autographs, shoes, bobble heads. | 签名 球鞋 还有球星玩偶 |
[32:26] | Pro ball is big business. | 打球可是能赚大钱的 |
[32:29] | See the chin thrust? | 他下巴伸了伸 |
[32:30] | What? | 什么 |
[32:31] | You thrust your chin out. | 你刚才伸了下下巴 |
[32:33] | That’s a sign of anger. | 这是一种生气的讯号 |
[32:34] | You do it whenever you talk about your pro career. | 你一谈起你的篮球生涯就会伸下巴 |
[32:37] | I think it’s ’cause you’re angry you’re not gonna have one. | 我猜是因为你不能拥有未来的生涯 |
[32:40] | Hey, Earl, catch. | 嗨 厄尔 接住 |
[32:43] | We’ve seen that before, too. | 我们之前见过这表情 |
[32:45] | You make that face almost every time you catch a pass these days. | 最近你每次在接传球时几乎都会做这个表情 |
[32:50] | It’s intensity. | 那是因为用力 |
[32:52] | No, actually, it’s pain. | 不是 应该是由痛苦导致的 |
[32:55] | Doctors call it the primal face of pain. | 医生们称之为痛苦的最初表情 |
[32:59] | It’s universal. | 这很普遍 |
[33:01] | So what is it, Earl? | 是哪里受伤了 厄尔 |
[33:03] | Carpal tunnel? Arthritis? | 手腕扭伤 还是关节炎 |
[33:11] | Look, you know how many hours I’ve spent shooting free throws? | 你知道我花了多少时间练习罚球么 |
[33:15] | I’ve busted my ass on the court since I was nine. | 我9岁时在球场上摔伤了屁股 |
[33:18] | I’m raising my brother,trying to pay the rent– | 我抚养我弟弟 努力付房租 |
[33:21] | A big pro contractwas gonna change all that. | 一旦我签约就将改变这一切 |
[33:25] | But you know who drafts someone with erosive artitis? | 可是谁会要一个得糜烂性关节炎的球员 |
[33:29] | Nobody. | 没人会要 |
[33:31] | So you took the bribe. | 所以你接受了贿赂 |
[33:32] | Look, I could’ve gone pro out of hhoolh sc, | 我早该跳出高中打职业联赛了 |
[33:34] | But the athletic association needs its big tournament, | 但田径协会要在高中举行场巡回赛 |
[33:37] | So I gotta spendmy last good year playing college ball for nothing. | 所以我得打这最后一年没钱赚的高中篮球赛 |
[33:41] | Look, mr. Taft’s check was | 塔夫先生给我的这张支票 |
[33:43] | the only payday I was gonna get. | 是我这些天来唯一的报酬 |
[33:47] | You telling me you wouldn’t have taken that money? | 要你是我的话 会拒绝这笔钱吗 |
[33:55] | I told the post commander this matter was settled. | 我告诉指挥官问题已经解决了 |
[33:58] | Sergeant Scott isvital to our efforts. | 司各特上士对我们来说很重要 |
[34:02] | He’s supposed to be on a plane at 0100 hours. | 他将在凌晨1点整上飞机 |
[34:04] | I guess if the army’s going to jeopardize the safety of women, | 如果部队要保证这些女兵的人身安全 |
[34:06] | it should be done on time, right? | 那问题就该及时解决 不是吗 |
[34:08] | Private metz was awol for five months. | 士兵梅茨擅自离岗了5个月 |
[34:11] | You’re sure her allegation has merit? | 你们能保证她的申诉有效吗 |
[34:13] | I’m telling you she’s not lying. | 我敢保证她说的是实话 |
[34:22] | Sergeant scott. | 司各特上士 |
[34:23] | I’m convening an article 32 court-martial hearing next week. | 我准备下周下周召开第32条军事法庭听证会 |
[34:26] | Unpack your gear, son. | 卸下你的装备 年轻人 |
[34:27] | Major harris, | 哈里斯少校 |
[34:28] | my client would like to avoid any unnecessary delay. | 我的委托人拒绝一切不必要的拖延 |
[34:31] | He wants to plead out? | 他认罪了 |
[34:36] | Our mission on the pakistani border | 我们在巴基斯坦边境执行的任务 |
[34:37] | is critical to our safety here at home | 对维护国家安定起着至关重要的作用 |
[34:38] | And I have a responsibility to my platoon. | 而我对我的队伍全权负责 |
[34:41] | So, yes, I’m ready to plead guilty to fraternization. | 所以 是的 我对这份感情认罪 |
[34:44] | Fraternization? | 感情 |
[34:45] | Sergeant Scott had aconsensual relationship wi private metz. | 司各特上士与 梅茨士兵之间有着私人情感 |
[34:49] | Becky was my girlfriend, sir. | 贝贝是我女朋友 先生 |
[34:53] | This photo was taken during the period | 这张照片是我的委托人与 |
[34:54] | when my client was allegedly raping private metz. | 梅茨士兵在所谓的”强奸期间”拍下的 |
[35:05] | Do you have others like this? | 还有其他类似照片吗 |
[35:08] | We have several, major. | 还有几张 少校 |
[35:15] | You still want to tell me she’s not lying? | 你还想跟我说她没撒谎吗 |
[35:26] | Isolate rebecca metz. | 焦点对准丽贝卡·梅茨 |
[35:31] | There’s something not right about her smile. | 她的笑看起来很不自然 |
[35:32] | She doesn’t look happy. | 她看上去并不高兴 |
[35:34] | Push in on her eyes. | 放大眼部 |
[35:37] | Browup,pulled together. | 睫毛上扬而紧凑 |
[35:39] | She’s scared. | 她很害怕 |
[35:42] | Yeah, it’s a masking smile. | 是的 这笑是装出来的 |
[35:43] | She’s smiling but her eyes say she’s afraid. | 她在笑 但眼神说明她害怕 |
[35:47] | Very afraid. | 非常害怕 |
[35:48] | – Will you pull up the masking smiles? – Yeah. | -你能把假笑的照片放一起吗 -可以 |
[35:52] | Miss south carolina can’t show fear to the judges; | 南卡罗来纳州小姐不敢对法官展露怯意 |
[35:54] | Sarah Palin has the same problem with the press. | 莎拉·帕林对媒体也是如此 |
[35:57] | Rebecca metz with her platoon leader. | 还有丽贝卡·梅茨面对她的排长 |
[35:59] | Right, she doesn’t want to be involved with sergeant Scott, | 对 她不想跟司各特上士发生关系 |
[36:01] | But he’s her commander,she’s got to do what he says. | 但却不敢违背命令 只得照做 |
[36:04] | He wants sex, right? | 他想跟她做爱 |
[36:06] | She feels forced to give it to him. | 她被迫照做 |
[36:08] | She can’t say no. | 无法抵抗 |
[36:10] | It’s nonconsensual. It’s rape. | 不是两情相悦 而是强暴 |
[36:11] | Army psychologist shave reported several recent cases like this. | 部队的心理医生上报了几件类似的案件 |
[36:14] | They’re calling it”command rape.” | 他们称之为”命令式强奸” |
[36:16] | It’s comparable tosexual harassment, but much more extreme. | 这类似于性骚扰 但较之更极端 |
[36:19] | When your boss makes advances, | 当你老板吃你豆腐时 |
[36:20] | you’re scared of losing your job. | 你害怕丢掉饭碗 |
[36:21] | But if it’s your platoon leader, | 但如果是你排领导的话 |
[36:22] | you’re scared of losing your life. | 你害怕丢掉性命 |
[36:23] | Sergeant Scott redeploys tonight, | 司各特上士今晚要被调派了 |
[36:25] | we have to get back to fort meade. | 我们必须回到米德基地 |
[36:32] | They won’t believe it was rape. | 他们不相信这是强奸 |
[36:34] | Sergeant Scott never raised a hand. | 司各特上士没用过暴力 |
[36:36] | It doesn’t matter that he didn’t attack you physically. | 没关系的 他没有用蛮力控制你 |
[36:39] | You were coerced. | 你是被强迫的 |
[36:40] | No one’s going to see it that way. | 没人会这么想的 |
[36:43] | I never actually said no. | 我从没说拒绝过 |
[36:45] | He was responsible for your safety. | 他应该负责你的安全 |
[36:46] | You had to feel threatened. | 你肯定是感到被威胁了 |
[36:48] | I was terrified. | 我很害怕 |
[36:49] | Everyone knew if you crossed him, | 每个人都知道如果你惹到他 |
[36:51] | he’d make you drive lead. | 他就会让你打头阵 |
[36:52] | – Drive lead? – Lead truck in the convoy. | -打头阵 -开卡车领航 |
[36:55] | It’s the most vulnerable to a roadside bomb. | 最易受到路边炸弹的袭击 |
[36:59] | I had a friend die that way. | 我有个朋友就那样死的 |
[37:01] | I knew from the first time he came into my tent | 我第一次知道是因为他来我的帐篷 |
[37:03] | that if I said no, | 如果我对他说不 |
[37:04] | I’d be driving lead for a month. | 我就会打一个月头阵的 |
[37:06] | So you just took it. You never said no? | 然后你就顺从他了 你就没拒绝过吗 |
[37:11] | Well, that’s what you’ll tell major Harris. | 那就是你和哈里斯少校说的 |
[37:13] | He’ll never believe me. | 他从没相信过 |
[37:14] | Sure he will. | 他会相信你的 |
[37:15] | We’ll put you on a polygraph. | 我们会给你进行测谎仪测试的 |
[37:17] | They love the mover there. | 他们会爱上的 |
[37:20] | He’ll never say it that way. | 他绝对不会那样说的 |
[37:21] | Sergeant scott never made me drive lead. | 司各特上士从来没让我打过头阵 |
[37:23] | And he’ll never admit he would have. | 他也不可能承认他会这么做 |
[37:25] | She’s right. | 她说得没错 |
[37:26] | We still don’t have any proof that he was tying her safety to sex. | 我们现在还没有证据能显示他强奸她 |
[37:28] | The truth isn’t good enough for these people. | 事实对这些人来说并不够 |
[37:31] | Who said anything about the truth? | 谁说要让他们看事实了 |
[37:45] | – Is your name rebecca metz? – Yes. | -你叫丽贝卡·梅茨吗 -是的 |
[37:49] | And are you a private first class with the 23rd mountain division? | 你是第23山地师的一等士兵吗 |
[37:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[37:55] | Did you ve a relationship with staff sergeant Russell Scott? | 你和拉塞尔·司各特上士是恋爱关系吗 |
[37:59] | No. | 不是 |
[38:01] | Private metz, let me rephrase. | 士兵梅茨 让我重述一遍 |
[38:04] | Were you physically involved with staff sergeant scott | 你在阿富汗服役的时候 |
[38:05] | when you serving in afghanistan? | 与司各特上士在身体上的有没有亲密关系 |
[38:09] | Yes. He forced me to have sex with him. | 有 他强迫我和他做爱 |
[38:12] | We had a relationship! | 我们是在恋爱 |
[38:14] | He ordered you to have sex with him? | 他命令你和他做爱吗 |
[38:17] | No. But he was my commanding officer, | 没有 但他是我的指挥官 |
[38:19] | I didn’t have a choice. | 我没有其他选择 |
[38:20] | Did you ever refuse to have sex with sergeant Scott? | 你有没拒绝过司各特上士 |
[38:25] | Yes… once. | 有的 一次 |
[38:29] | He forced me to drive lead convoy for a week. | 于是他强迫我打了一周头阵 |
[38:31] | Th’s a lie. | 这是谎言 |
[38:32] | If she’s lying, | 如果她在撒谎 |
[38:34] | it graphs above the red bar here? | 那么曲线就在红色的上边 |
[38:37] | That’s right. Machine says it’s true. | 是的 机器不会骗人 |
[38:38] | Well, it’s not true! | 这不是真的 |
[38:40] | The polygraph says it is. | 测谎仪说是真的 |
[38:41] | I don’t care what the machine says. She’s making it up. | 我不在乎测谎仪说什么 她在瞎编 |
[38:43] | I never made her drive lead! | 我从没让她打头阵 |
[38:46] | – You never made her drive lead? – No! | -你从没让她打头阵 -是的 |
[38:48] | I thought that duty rotates. | 我以为那个工作是轮流的 |
[38:50] | You never made her drive lead? | 你从没让她打头阵 |
[38:51] | I-I never made her drive lead! It’s a lie! | 我从没让她打头阵 这是谎言 |
[38:52] | Sergeant, you don’t have to respond. | 上士 你不需要回答 |
[38:54] | So, as long she was in a relationship with you, she never had to drive lead. | 只要她和你有恋爱关系 她就不用打头阵 |
[38:59] | – Is that right? – Sergeant scott… | -对吗 -司各特上士 |
[39:00] | Is that right, sergeant Scott? | 对吗 司各特上士 |
[39:02] | Sergeant scott,don’T… | 司各特上士 别 |
[39:03] | – Is that right, sergeant scott? – You don’t have to respond. | -对吗 司各特上士 -你不需要回答 |
[39:05] | Yeah! Yeah, that’s right. | 是的 没错 |
[39:12] | What? What? | 怎样 怎样 |
[39:14] | Well, her safety was in your charge. | 她的安全由你负责 |
[39:17] | You traded her safety for sex. | 你用她的安全来换取性行为 |
[39:19] | Major harris, my client doesn’t understand… | 哈里斯少校 我的当事人并不明白 |
[39:21] | Yes, he does. | 他明白的 |
[39:23] | What he did wasn’t fraternization. | 他的行为不是感情越界 |
[39:26] | It was rape. | 而是强奸 |
[39:27] | Arrest him under article 120. | 根据条款120 拘留他 |
[39:30] | You don’t know what you’re talking about. | 你根本不知道你在说什么 |
[39:32] | I’m a decorated soldier! | 我是名好士兵 |
[39:34] | I didn’t do anything wrong! | 我没做错什么 |
[39:37] | Yeah, it sounds good. | 是的 听起来不错 |
[40:55] | I’m already suspended, | 我已经被停学了 |
[40:56] | they’re taking away my scholarship, you hung me out. | 他们还要取消我的奖学金 你揭发了我 |
[40:59] | You’re the one who took the bribe. | 你受贿了 |
[41:02] | Look, the system’s broken, Earl. | 听着 厄尔 你违反规则了 |
[41:04] | And what am I supposed to do, huh? | 我该怎么办 |
[41:06] | How am I supposed to take care of my brother? | 我该怎么照顾我弟弟 |
[41:07] | I heard you did pretty well on your econ midterm. | 我听说你经济学期中考试考得不错 |
[41:09] | – So? – You want a degree. | -那又怎样 -你想取得学位 |
[41:12] | So I convinced dr. Lightman | 所以我说服卡尔·莱特曼博士 |
[41:14] | to put our fee into a trust. | 用我们的酬金作为信托 |
[41:15] | Probably not enough for four years at carver, | 或许不够卡弗四年的学费 |
[41:17] | but it’ll get you through Maryland. | 但足够你马里兰州生活 |
[41:23] | What if I don’t want your money? | 如果我不想要你的钱呢 |
[41:25] | Then throw it away. It’s your call. | 那就丢掉 你自己决定吧 |
[41:44] | How did she do it? | 她怎么那样做呢 |
[41:46] | We both know metz was lying about driving lead convoy. | 我们都知道梅茨对护航的事撒了谎 |
[41:49] | How did she beat the polygraph? | 她怎么能通过测谎仪呢 |
[42:01] | – Valium? – Yeah. | -安定片 -是的 |
[42:03] | Takes the edge off. | 用药片来减弱 |
[42:05] | Mutes the emotional response. | 情绪反应 |
[42:08] | You… you drugged her so she could lie? | 你让她吃药 好让她说谎吗 |
[42:11] | Never let the facts get in the way of the truth. | 决不让事实让步给真相 |
[42:17] | – You know, I wanted to… – Yeah, I know. Thanks. | -我想 -可以 我知道 谢谢 |
[42:20] | For what? | 为什么 |
[42:22] | You had a slight gratitude smile. | 你轻微的感激的微笑 |
[42:26] | What, you’re surprised? Really? | 怎么 你惊讶了 真的吗 |
[42:30] | You know, just because I don’t know your science doesn’t mean I don’t know things. | 不要因为我不知道你那套科学就说我不知道别的 |
[42:36] | You know, when you don’t know the science, | 当你不知道那套科学 |
[42:38] | you don’t see the whole picture. | 你就不能看到全局 |
[42:40] | People can get hurt,you know? | 人们会受伤的 你知道吗 |
[42:42] | What was that? What happened? | 那是什么 怎么了 |
[42:44] | – What? – Shame. | -什么 -羞愧 |
[42:47] | When you said people get hurt, you showed shame. | 当你说人们受伤 你很羞愧 |
[42:51] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[42:54] | You’re lying. | 你在撒谎 |
[42:57] | Get used to it. | 习惯就好 |