时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | 以下故事 纯属虚构 并不针对任何具体的人或事 | |
[00:18] | Wake up, sweetheart. | 醒醒 宝贝 |
[00:20] | – What? – Jakey? Jakey? | – 怎么了? – Jakey? Jakey? |
[00:21] | – Jakey, get up. – Dad, you’re hurting me. | – Jakey 起来 – 爸爸 你弄疼我了 |
[00:23] | Shh. Shh. Get under the bed. | 嘘 嘘 躲到床下去 |
[00:26] | There’s somebody out there, Jakey, | 外面有人 Jakey |
[00:28] | So get under the bed. | 到床底下去 |
[00:30] | – Daddy… – Shh. | – 爸爸… – 嘘 |
[00:33] | Dad! It’s just the rain! | 爸爸! 只不过是下雨! |
[00:39] | Daddy! | 爸爸! |
[00:40] | Do not move! Copy? | 别动! 听到了吗? |
[01:09] | Aah! | 啊! |
[01:14] | Jake! | Jake啊! |
[01:18] | – I told you not to move! – You ok? | – 我叫你别动! – 你没事吧? |
[01:20] | You all right? | 你没事吧? |
[01:21] | I’m ok, mom. I’m ok. | 我没事 妈妈 我没事 |
[01:24] | Damn it, Jeff! | 该死的 Jeff! |
[01:27] | You need help! | 你需要帮助! |
[01:29] | I… I told him not to… | 我… 我叫他别… |
[01:32] | Oh, God. Oh, God. Oh, God. | 哦 天哪 哦 天哪 哦 天哪 |
[01:35] | Ok. Ok. Ok. | 没事了 没事了 |
[01:41] | Well, I think somebody should say it. | 嗯 我想肯定有人会这么说 |
[01:42] | It sounds a lot like PTSD. | 这听起来像创伤后应激障碍症 |
[01:44] | Sergeant Turley got back from Iraq 6 months ago. | Turley中士6个月前从伊拉克回来 |
[01:47] | He was one of my most effective NCOs. | 他是我的一个最得力士官 |
[01:49] | I read your bio, Dr. Lightman. | 我看过你的简历 Lightman博士 |
[01:52] | And I’m begging you, do whatever it takes. | 我请求你 尽你所能 |
[01:56] | All right. | 好的 |
[01:57] | Are you going to help my dad? | 你会帮助我爸爸吗? |
[01:59] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[02:01] | Jake. | 我叫Jake |
[02:03] | Mum? | 这是你妈妈? |
[02:05] | – Becky. – How do you do? | – Becky – 你好吗? |
[02:06] | Jillian. | 我是Jillian |
[02:08] | Are you a soldier? | 你是军人吗? |
[02:09] | My dad was. | 我爸爸曾经是 |
[02:11] | My dad’s getting a silver star. | 我爸爸将会得到银星勋章 |
[02:13] | Your dad must be really brave. | 你爸爸一定很勇敢 |
[02:15] | We’re just going to sit over there. Come on. | 我们就坐在那儿 来吧 |
[02:23] | Restraints? | 被绑着? |
[02:25] | Turley nearly took out his own kid | Turley用非法拥有的武器 |
[02:26] | with a weapon he’s no longer authorized to have. | 差点儿杀了他的儿子 |
[02:29] | We’re lucky he’s not in a cell downtown. | 幸好他不是住在闹市区 |
[02:33] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[02:43] | All right, Jeff. | 还好吗 Jeff |
[02:46] | I’m Cal Lightman. | 我是Cal Lightman |
[02:48] | Only joking. | 开个玩笑 |
[02:50] | So, uh, | 那 呃 |
[02:52] | what you so scared of, then? | 到底是什么事情让你如此害怕? |
[02:56] | Say again? | 再说一遍? |
[02:58] | You heard. | 你已经听到了 |
[02:59] | You have any idea what it’s like to get back from Iraq, | 你知道从伊拉克战场回来 |
[03:03] | and somebody’s still trying to kill you? | 又遭人追杀是什么感受吗? |
[03:05] | No. | 不知道 |
[03:08] | I can only imagine. | 我只能想像 |
[03:09] | A bit basket case, if I were you. No offense. | 如果我是你 一定精神极度紧张 焦虑不安 无意冒犯 |
[03:11] | Colonel said he’d call you in, | 上校说他请你来的原因 |
[03:14] | says you can see if I’m lying. | 是你能识别我是否在说谎 |
[03:19] | Well? | 是吗? |
[03:26] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[03:29] | I’m getting you out of here. | 让你离开这儿 |
[04:03] | Sergeant Turley saved the lives of 14 soldiers in Iraq. | Turley中士在伊拉克曾救过14名士兵的命 |
[04:07] | Including a wounded man he carried to safety. | 包括把一名伤员背到安全地带 |
[04:10] | Army medical files make no mention of PTSD. | 军队的医疗记录上 没提到创伤后应激障碍症 |
[04:12] | No, they haven’t run all the tests on him yet. | 不 他们没有对他做全面的测试 |
[04:14] | The hospital has been overwhelmed | 那里的医院伤员太多 |
[04:15] | It’s a 6-month wait, minimum. | 至少要等6个月才能测试 |
[04:17] | Do you really think somebody’s trying to kill him? | 你真的认为有人要杀他? |
[04:21] | The point is, he believes it. | 问题是 他这样认为 |
[04:25] | File, please. | 请给我资料 |
[04:26] | – Thank you very much. – Mm-hmm. | – 非常感谢 – 呃 |
[04:28] | Lightman talked to the VA. | Lightman跟鉴定科的人谈过了 |
[04:30] | They’re going to let him use the magnet. | 他们会让他做磁共振 |
[04:31] | Colonel Powler cut through the red tape. | Powler上校帮忙省去了繁琐的手续 |
[04:33] | – The magnet? – Their FMRI machine. | – 磁共振? – 用他们的磁共振仪器 |
[04:36] | All right. | 好的 |
[04:38] | Says here that you killed your house | 这里说你曾用穿甲弹 |
[04:43] | with an armor-piercing round. | 炸毁了自己的房子 |
[04:48] | Who exactly is after you? | 到底是谁在追杀你? |
[04:53] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[04:54] | I… I wish I did. Trust me. | 我… 我希望我知道 相信我 |
[04:58] | Ah. All right. | 呃 好吧 |
[05:00] | Let’s talk about your boy, Jake. | 那我们谈谈你的儿子Jake吧 |
[05:09] | I couldn’t live without him. | 没有他 我也活不下去 |
[05:10] | Well, you almost blew his bloody head off. | 呃 你差点爆他的头 |
[05:12] | Up yours, man. | 操你的 呸 |
[05:15] | All right. Calm down. | 好了 平静一下 |
[05:20] | Look at me. Come on, I dare you. Look at me. | 看着我 来吧 我打赌你不敢 看着我 |
[05:22] | What do you see? | 你看到什么了? |
[05:24] | A smart ass limey bastard. | 一个自以为是的英国混蛋 |
[05:26] | No, though, I mean, apart from that. | 不是这个 我是说 除此之外呢 |
[05:29] | Friend or foe? Be honest. | 朋友还是敌人? 请说实话 |
[05:35] | Sorry. Sorry. | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[05:37] | All right. We’ll take a break, then, calm down. | 好的 我们休息一会儿 呃 平静一下 |
[05:41] | Listen, I’m fine, ok? | 听着 我没事 行吗? |
[05:42] | Take a breath. Take a deep breath. | 呼息 深呼息 |
[05:44] | – I’m good. – I believe you. | – 我没事 – 我相信你 |
[05:54] | When did you last have a decent night’s sleep, Jeff, eh? | 你最近一次睡过好觉是在什么时候 Jeff 呃? |
[05:58] | One or two months ago. | 一两个月前 |
[06:01] | Army gives me pills, but they don’t do squat. | 部队给我吃药的 不是私自用药 |
[06:04] | What, the little white one? | 什么样的 白色的小药丸吗? |
[06:05] | Listen, I know… I know what you’re thinking. | 听我说 我知道… 我知道你在想什么 |
[06:08] | No, you don’t. | 不 你不知道 |
[06:09] | I don’t have PTSD. | 我没有创伤后应激障碍症 |
[06:10] | Oh, excuse me, | 哦 抱歉 |
[06:12] | Where did you do your post doctorate work, eh? | 你有这一学科的博士后学位? |
[06:17] | Think about cheese. | 想想茄子(照像时的口形) |
[06:18] | What? | 什么? |
[06:20] | Think about cheese. | 想想茄子 |
[06:21] | We’re going to take a few pictures of your brain. | 我们要给你的大脑照些照片 |
[06:23] | You might as well be smiling. | 你最好保持微笑 |
[06:28] | So, a bunch of pictures will appear on the screen above him, | 一组照片将在他上方屏幕上显现 |
[06:31] | And the machine will record what happens in his brain when he looks at them. | 仪器将记录下他大脑看照片时的反应 |
[06:36] | Ok. | 好的 |
[06:38] | Let’s get started. | 开始吧 |
[06:40] | Uh, flash them at 1/10 of a second. | 呃 每十分之一秒记录一次 |
[07:01] | Jeff, when you see the angry face, | Jeff 当你看到生气的面孔时 |
[07:03] | your amygdala, here, lights up. | 你的大脑杏仁体 这里 有反应 |
[07:06] | We would expect that. It’s primal warrior neurons firing, | 这在我们的意料之中 这是战士的基本神经元反应 |
[07:10] | the fight or flight reflexes. | 战斗或逃跑反应 |
[07:12] | Which is good, if you’re a soldier in combat. | 如果你现在是在战场上 这是反应是好的 |
[07:15] | But if you’re home with your wife and kid, not so good. | 但如果是你在家里 对着妻子和孩子有这反应 情况就不妙了 |
[07:19] | When we flashed the neutral face… | 当我们播放中性的面孔… |
[07:23] | This area should light up. | 这个区域本应该有反应 |
[07:26] | But there’s no change. | 但这里没有变化 |
[07:27] | Right. So at the neuron level, where our emotions begin, | 好的 从神经元层面来说 情绪由此产生 |
[07:31] | you see this face as angry. | 但你看到这种表情 却产生愤怒的情绪 |
[07:35] | So you’re reading neutral faces as hostile. | 所以你将中性的面孔也看作是敌人 |
[07:38] | Everyone is your enemy. | 所有人都是你的敌人 |
[07:39] | That’s PTSD. | 这就是创伤后应激障碍症 |
[07:42] | So you’ve seen a lot of combat, | 你亲眼目睹过很多战争 |
[07:44] | And you’re having trouble moving on. | 你现在无法开始新的生活 |
[07:47] | – I’ve moved on. – It’s ok, baby. | – 我已经开始了 – 不要紧 亲爱的 |
[07:49] | We’re getting you the help that you need. | 大家只是想帮助你 |
[07:53] | And that’s avoidance. | 那是在回避 |
[07:55] | You won’t let people get close to you, | 你不愿意别人接近你 |
[07:58] | even your wife, who we know you love. | 即便是你太太 我们知道你很爱她 |
[08:02] | Having PTSD doesn’t mean | 患有创伤后应激障碍症 |
[08:04] | someone out there doesn’t want me dead. | 并不代表着没人要我死 |
[08:06] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[08:07] | And no one said they did. | 但也没人说过要你死 |
[08:09] | So? | 然后呢? |
[08:11] | You’re getting awarded the silver star, right? | 你被授予了银星勋章 对吗? |
[08:13] | What for? | 为何授予你? |
[08:18] | See, I would have thought you’d be proud to tell me that. | 噢 我还以为你会非常自豪地讲给我听呢 |
[08:23] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想说这个 |
[08:24] | You seem more ashamed than you are proud. | 你似乎不是自豪 而是羞愧 |
[08:27] | – I told you… – Yeah, I know. | – 我说了… – 嗯 我知道 |
[08:29] | You don’t want to talk about it, | 你不想谈论这件事 |
[08:30] | which is why we’re going to go back. | 这就是为什么我们要倒退回去 |
[08:33] | Back where? | 回到哪? |
[08:35] | Back to the root of the problem. | 回到问题的根源上 |
[08:40] | Why are we doing this? He isn’t being deceptive. | 为什么还要做这个? 他又没撒谎 |
[08:42] | But he is being lied to. | 但他曾被骗过 |
[08:45] | Yeah, by his own brain. | 嗯 被他自己的脑子骗过 |
[08:46] | During moments of extreme trauma, | 在极度心灵创伤中 |
[08:48] | part of the brain can just shut down. | 大脑中某些部分会一直活跃 |
[08:51] | And in Jeff’s case, the only real memories he has of the events is… | 现在Jeff的情况是 他对这件事留下的唯一记忆只在… |
[08:55] | In the form of nightmares or flashbacks. | 噩梦或幻觉重现 |
[08:58] | So the idea is to retraumatize him in a controlled way. | 现在我们想对他进行控制性的创伤再现 |
[09:02] | Right, so that his memories reintegrate. | 这样就可以使他恢复记忆 |
[09:05] | The truth is the only way to help him recover. | 事实真相是让他恢复健康的唯一办法 |
[09:10] | So this is Foster’s pet project, huh? | 这是Foster最钟爱的计划 对吧? |
[09:12] | Virtual reality. | 虚拟现实 |
[09:14] | Yep. Foster got a DOD grant to build this prototype. | 嗯 Foster得到美国国防部的认可 建立了这个模型 |
[09:17] | You know, they say truth is the first casualty of war. | 人家都说真相是战争的第一个牺牲品 |
[09:21] | Foster thinks virtual reality can change that. | Foster认为虚拟现实可以改变这一点 |
[09:31] | All right. The day that you earned your silver star, | 好 在赢得银质勋章那天 |
[09:34] | where were you? | 你在哪? |
[09:36] | Uhh… | 呃… |
[09:39] | In my humvee outside Zirmaya. | 我坐在军用悍马 在Zirmaya外面 |
[09:42] | Put the old, um, things down. | 把那个 呃 眼镜放下来 |
[09:46] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[09:51] | Look at that. | 你看 |
[09:53] | Same crap hole I just left. | 跟伊拉克差不多 |
[09:56] | Look to your right. What do you see? | 往右看 看到的是什么? |
[10:01] | Um, Ronnie’s sitting next to me. | 呃 Ronnie坐在我旁边 |
[10:04] | Ronnie? | Ronnie 谁? |
[10:05] | Sergeant Bacca. | Bacca中士 |
[10:09] | He’s what? Your army buddy, is he? | 他是谁? 你的战友? |
[10:11] | We were in the sandbox together. | 我们曾一起作战 |
[10:15] | He always had my back. | 他总是掩护我 |
[10:16] | All right. Now, use the remote control, | 嗯 用那个遥控手柄 |
[10:20] | Yeah, to move about. It’s like a video game, really. | 对 用它来遥控 其实跟电动游戏差不多 |
[10:27] | We were number 2 in the convoy. | 我们是护送车队的2号车 |
[10:31] | Yeah. We were heading into Zirmaya. | 嗯 我们当时正前往Zirmaya地区 |
[10:33] | Anything important? | 发生什么事了吗? |
[10:34] | Uh, topcover. 2 helos above us. | 高空掩护 我们上空有2架直升机 |
[10:38] | Kiowa OH-58s. | 型号是Kiowa OH-58s |
[10:42] | And an A-10 Warthog in support. | 还有一架A-10雷霆二式攻击机支援 |
[10:43] | I’ll see your Kiowas, | 型号是Kiowas |
[10:46] | And I will raise you one Warthog. | 再给你来架雷霆二式攻击机 |
[10:52] | We’re going to turn right down this alley. | 在巷子尽头我们右转了 |
[10:54] | It’s a routine patrol, but the road was blocked right down here. | 只是一次例行巡逻 但是道路在尽头被封锁了 |
[10:58] | Yeah. Yeah. | 对 对 |
[10:59] | This lead humvee’s going to get hit by an IED. | 领队的军用悍马 即将遭到简易爆炸装置袭击 |
[11:08] | Survivors? | 有幸存者吗? |
[11:13] | Sutton, Cortez, and Tanaka, all dead, just like that. | Sutton Cortez 还有Tanaka 全都死了 跟这上面一样 |
[11:20] | Never even went to their funerals. | 我没去参加他们的葬礼 |
[11:22] | Some hero. | 他们是英雄 |
[11:24] | Survivor’s guilt. | 生还者的负罪感 |
[11:28] | Blood pressure and heart rate are elevated. | 血压上升 心跳加快 |
[11:30] | – Want some water? – No, no. | – 喝水吗? – 不 不用 |
[11:32] | No. Let’s just do this. | 不用 接着来吧 |
[11:34] | Ok. | 好 |
[11:35] | So we’re going to take some incoming. | 然后我们遭到攻击 |
[11:40] | – Yeah. Incoming right here. – Where? | – 对 攻击就是从那边来的 – 从哪? |
[11:41] | RPG, 11 o’clock! | 火箭推进榴弹 11点方向! |
[11:44] | All right. They set my engine block on fire, | 噢 他们把我的引擎引燃了 |
[11:47] | And Jeffers is up on top, | Jefferson从车顶反击 |
[11:48] | And we’re taking major, major heat. | 火势使我们这温度上升 |
[11:50] | All right. We’re going to lose Jeffers in a second here. | 一会儿Jefferson就牺牲了 |
[11:53] | Uh, God. We’re taking major fire. | 噢 天哪 我们这温度太高了 |
[11:55] | Jeffers goes down. Jeffers is down. Jeffers is down. | Jeffers倒地 Jeffers倒地 Jeffers倒地了 |
[12:00] | He’s pounding on my window. He’s yelling. | 他在敲我的窗户 冲我喊话 |
[12:01] | He’s going to haul my ass out of here. | 他把我从车里拽了出来 |
[12:03] | – Who is? – Uh… | – 谁? – 呃… |
[12:07] | Ok. We’re taking major fire. He’s yelling at me. | 呃 我们遭到大火力袭击 他在冲我喊话 |
[12:10] | He’s telling me that we got to take this compound | 他跟我说我们要占领这地方 |
[12:13] | There’s this red door. | 有一扇红色的门 |
[12:15] | If I don’t go through it, he’s going to kill me. | 如果我过不去 他就会杀了我 |
[12:17] | Who’s going to kill you? | 谁要杀你? |
[12:19] | Who’s going to kill you? | 谁要杀你? |
[12:20] | Who’s going to kill you? | 谁要杀你? |
[12:27] | Who’s going to kill you? | 谁要杀你? |
[12:31] | What, you’re a coward now, are you? | 哦 你现在是个懦夫了? |
[12:32] | Are you scared? | 你害怕了? |
[12:34] | You calling me a coward, Captain? | 您说我是懦夫 上尉? |
[12:36] | Who you calling a Captain, sergeant? | 中士 你的上尉是谁? |
[12:46] | All right. Foster? Torres? | 好的 Foster? Torres? |
[12:50] | Find this man’s Captain. | 找出他的上尉 |
[12:54] | Private Johns got shot with a 7.62 round. | 二等兵Johns被7.62毫米子弹射中 |
[12:57] | First thing he’s going to be doing is screaming for his mama. | 他做的第一件事是哭喊着要妈妈 |
[12:59] | Now, you reach into his pack to find the pressure bandage. | 现在你在他口袋里找出他的止血绷带 |
[13:04] | Instead, you find tobacco. | 可是你找到的却是烟 |
[13:07] | Pressure bandage. Upper right-hand pouch as you wear it. | 止血绷带 在你衣服的右上方口袋上 |
[13:12] | With a large wound, you can use the plastic to contain any mess. | 如果伤口很大的话 可以用塑料来做止血处理 |
[13:21] | At ease, gentlemen. | 稍息 战士们 |
[13:26] | – Afternoon, ladies. – Hi. | – 下午好 女士们 – 你好 |
[13:28] | You work with Dr. Lightman? | 你跟Lightman博士是同事? |
[13:29] | – Yes. I’m Jillian Foster. -Torres. | – 是的 我是Jillian Foster – 我是Torres |
[13:31] | Colonel Powler said I could be of help to you. | Powler上校说我可以帮助你们 |
[13:33] | You served with sergeant Jeff Turley? | 你跟中士Jeff Turley一起服兵役? |
[13:36] | Sorry to hear he’s having some trouble readjusting. | 听说他现在无法调整生活 对此我深表遗憾 |
[13:39] | Glad he’s working with you. | 很欣慰是由你们帮助他 |
[13:40] | We used to study Dr. Lightman’s work at West Point. | 在西点军校的时候 我们研读过Lightman博士的著作 |
[13:44] | Really? At West point? | 是吗? 在西点军校? |
[13:45] | Every officer reads Dr. Lightman’s book. | 每位军官都拜读Lightman博士的著作 |
[13:48] | In Iraq, we used his facereading techniques | 在伊拉克的时候我们运用他的面部表情识别术 |
[13:50] | to help identify insurgents. | 来识别叛变分子 |
[13:52] | I can’t tell you how many soldiers he helped save. | 你们不知道有多少士兵因此保住了性命 |
[14:26] | What are you doing here? | 你来这干吗? |
[14:27] | Nothing. I, uh, I got you a cactus. | 没什么 我 呃 送你一盆仙人掌 |
[14:30] | Why? | 为什么? |
[14:32] | Why not? | 不可以吗? |
[14:36] | What have you done? | 你又做什么了? |
[14:38] | I haven’t done anything. I just… | 没做什么 就是… |
[14:40] | It… it reminded me of you. | 看见它我就想到了你 |
[14:47] | So can you tell us what happened at Zirmaya, | 你能跟我们说说在Zirmaya都发生了什么吗 |
[14:48] | after the convoy was hit? | 在护送车队遭袭之后? |
[14:50] | Turley froze, terrified. | Turley被吓呆了 |
[14:53] | We were in a kill zone. His gunner was K.I.A.. | 我们在猎杀区域内 他的掩护枪手阵亡了 |
[14:55] | I had to get him out of that humvee. | 我不得不把他从悍马车里弄出来 |
[14:57] | Otherwise, he’d be dead, too. | 否则 他也死定了 |
[14:58] | Why would he say you want to kill him? | 为什么他说你想杀他? |
[15:01] | Because at that instant, I did want to kill him. | 因为他当时那样 我真的想宰了他 |
[15:03] | And I wasn’t the only one. | 不止我这样想 |
[15:05] | I had to yank him out of that humvee. | 我不得不把他从车里拽出来 |
[15:07] | 30 seconds later, it blew up. | 30秒后 车就爆炸了 |
[15:09] | Yet you recommended him for the silver star. | 但你还为他提名了银质勋章 |
[15:11] | Bravery is overcoming your fear. | 所谓勇气 就是克服你的恐惧 |
[15:14] | Turley did that. | Turley做到了 |
[15:16] | He stepped up, saved lives without regard for his own. | 他奋不顾身的冲上前去救人 |
[15:23] | Sir, battalion update briefing is moved from 1800 to 1630. | 长官 最新战报显示我营人数从1800减员至1630 |
[15:26] | I’m sorry. I have to go. | 抱歉 我得去处理一下 |
[15:28] | We’re deploying in 3 days. | 3天内 我们会被调走 |
[15:30] | Let me get you the afteraction report from Zirmaya. | 我给你拿Zirmaya的战后报告 |
[15:33] | Taw will be back with it in 2 minutes. | Taw会在2分钟后给你们送来 |
[15:37] | Ladies. | 再见 女士们 |
[15:41] | Well, if you want my read, he’s telling the truth. | 如果你要我发表意见 我觉得他说的是真话 |
[15:43] | That’s the kind of guy I’d follow into war. | 我希望跟着这样的一位长官南征北战 |
[15:45] | That’s because he was flirting with you the entire time. | 因为他总是能和你调情 |
[15:48] | Well, it gave me a baseline. | 所以这让我能更多地观察 |
[15:50] | This is a guy who’s deploying back to the war in 3 days. | 他3天内将被调回战场 |
[15:55] | His voice, the pride in it? | 他的声音 夹带自豪? |
[15:57] | He’s hiding something. | 他有事隐瞒了 |
[16:08] | Oh, neat car. | 哦 很炫的车 |
[16:09] | My dad gave it to me. | 我爸爸给我的 |
[16:10] | Jake, Emily. Emily, Jake. | Jake 这是Emily Emily 这是Jake |
[16:12] | – Is he your dad? – Yeah. | – 他是你爸爸么? – 是的 |
[16:14] | He’s helping my dad. My dad’s a soldier. | 他在帮助我爸爸 我爸爸是当兵的 |
[16:16] | – Ahh. – You can talk about that later. | – 哇 – 你等会儿再聊 |
[16:18] | – Go. Go on. – Bye, Jake. | – 走 往前 – 再见 Jake |
[16:19] | Off you go. Go on. Keep going. | 快走 别停 |
[16:21] | – Nice to meet you. – Keep going. | – 很高兴见到你 – 继续走 |
[16:23] | Keep going. Keep going. That’s it. Go on. | 继续走 别停 对了 继续 |
[16:34] | Based on the afteraction report, | 根据战后报告 |
[16:37] | here is the official story. | 这是官方说法 |
[16:39] | Right. So, humvee gets blown up here, right? | 好的 军用悍马车是在这爆炸的 对么? |
[16:41] | Now, they’re taking fire from here and here. | 然后他们在这到这与敌人交火 |
[16:44] | Jeff, Ronnie, and the captain, | Jeff Ronnie 和队长 |
[16:46] | They assault the red door. | 他们猛攻小红门 |
[16:48] | Right. Jeff goes through the red door first. | 是的 Jeff率先通过小红门 |
[16:49] | Yes. And he clears the snipers nests here and here, | 是的 他清除了几个狙击点 |
[16:52] | and he shoots a combatant here, ok? | 然后开枪射击了一个武装成员 |
[16:57] | And a firefight happens here. | 之后在这里展开交火 |
[17:00] | And that’s the official version. | 这是官方版本的说法 |
[17:02] | What do you think, there’s more than one version? | 你觉得呢 还有其他版本? |
[17:04] | There’s always more than one version. | 事情总是不止一面 |
[17:22] | Can I have a go? | 能给我玩玩吗? |
[17:23] | Sure. | 当然 |
[17:37] | I think I broke it. | 我想我把它弄坏了 |
[17:40] | – It’s an accident. – It’s all right. | – 这只是个意外 – 是的 |
[17:43] | It does that sometimes. | 我有时候也会把它弄坏 |
[17:48] | When you asked me if I was a soldier, | 当你问我 我是不是军人的时候 |
[17:50] | were you hoping that I was going to be one? | 你希望我是吗? |
[17:52] | Yeah, like my dad. | 是 就像我爸爸一样 |
[17:53] | Oh. Well, I’m not. | 好吧 我不是 |
[17:56] | Oh. | 哦 |
[18:01] | Come here. | 过来 |
[18:03] | I… | 我… |
[18:09] | How’d you get that, then? | 这是怎么弄的? |
[18:10] | My dad gets scared. | 我爸当时很害怕 |
[18:14] | What, like, when he fired his gun? | 就像他因为害怕而对你开枪? |
[18:17] | That was an accident, too. | 那也只是个意外 |
[18:19] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[18:22] | Are you scared of your dad? | 你怕你爸爸么? |
[18:23] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道的? |
[18:25] | Well, I was a boy once, you know. | 你懂的 我也曾经是个孩子 |
[18:28] | Only I was about, um… | 当我只有这么高… |
[18:31] | Well, I was much shorter. | 比你还矮一点 |
[18:33] | My dad was trying to protect me. | 我爸爸是想保护我 |
[18:35] | From what? | 保护你什么? |
[18:37] | The bruises. They’re from Ronnie. | 这些擦伤 是Ronnie干的 |
[18:42] | Your dad’s army buddy? | 你父亲的战友? |
[18:43] | He lives above our garage now. | 他现在就住在我们的车库上面 |
[18:48] | Hey, Jake… | 嘿 Jake… |
[18:51] | When you say that Ronnie hurts you, that’s a big deal. | 当你说Ronnie伤害你 这事可是很严重的 |
[18:54] | You know that, right? Hmm? | 你知道的 对吧? |
[19:00] | I saw Ronnie and my mom once in the kitchen. | 有一次 我看见他和我妈妈在厨房 |
[19:02] | Mm-hmm. | 恩 |
[19:04] | He touched her face like this. | 他像这样摸她的脸 |
[19:11] | Jake is afraid of losing his dad. | Jake担心会失去他的爸爸 |
[19:13] | He blames Ronnie. That’s why he’s telling lies. | 他责怪Ronnie 这就是他说谎的原因 |
[19:16] | A boy sees his father falling apart, | 一个男孩儿看到他父亲几近崩溃 |
[19:18] | And then, another soldier moves into the house | 随之 另一个军人搬了进来 |
[19:20] | And provides support and comfort to his mother. | 给他的母亲以宽慰 |
[19:24] | Put yourself in his shoes. | 你设身处地的想一想 |
[19:26] | Is there something going on between you and Ronnie? | 你和Ronnie之间有什么事情发生吗? |
[19:29] | Ronnie’s very special to us. | Ronnie对我们来说就像亲人一样 |
[19:31] | We’re very lucky to have him around, | 幸好有他在我们身边 |
[19:32] | Particularly with what’s going on. | 特别是在现在的特别时期 |
[19:34] | Yeah. You said no, but what you were actually doing | 你嘴上说不 但是事实上 |
[19:37] | was nodding yes. | 你却在点头 |
[19:38] | She never actually said no. Did you, Becky? | 她从未明确说不 对吧 Becky? |
[19:45] | And right there, you just sucked in your cheek, | 就在刚才 你的脸颊往回缩了 |
[19:48] | which means you were trying to wipe away | 意味着你试图抹去那种 |
[19:50] | an obvious emotion. | 显而易见的情感 |
[19:51] | Ronnie’s the only friend we have. | Ronnie是我们唯一的朋友 |
[19:55] | Jeff never came back from the war. | Jeff从未从战争的阴影中走出来 |
[19:57] | He grabs his knife, and he vanishes at night, | 他拿起的的匕首 消失在茫茫夜色之中 |
[20:00] | and the only person I can call is Ronnie. | 除了给Ronnie打电话 我别无选择 |
[20:01] | So there’s nothing more than that between you two? | 你们间的关系就仅限于此? |
[20:08] | No. There’s not. | 不 没有别的 |
[20:11] | Not yet. | 目前没有 |
[20:14] | Problem. Jeff’s gone. | 有麻烦了 Jeff不见了 |
[20:18] | Go to my house and see Ronnie… | 去我家 问问Ronnie看… |
[20:20] | Like I have to all the time. | 就像我一直以来做的 |
[20:29] | You going somewhere, Ronnie? | 你去哪了 Ronnie? |
[20:30] | One-eyed night at the ice rink. Who’s asking? | 去了溜冰场举行的独眼龙之夜 你们是谁? |
[20:33] | I’m Dr. Foster. This is Dr. Lightman. | 我是Foster博士 他是Lightman博士 |
[20:35] | We’re looking for your friend Jeff. | 我们在找你的朋友Jeff |
[20:38] | You look a little nervous. | 你看上去有点焦虑 |
[20:40] | Mind you, I would be, too, | 换了是我我也会 |
[20:42] | if I was bashing another man’s son around. | 要是我揍过别人家的儿子 |
[20:44] | Jake says you hit him. | Jake说你打过他 |
[20:47] | He’s a kid. It’s been a rough 6 months. | 他只是个孩子 这6个月他过得不容易 |
[20:50] | I would never blame him on cheating. | 他撒谎 我也不会怪他的 |
[20:52] | Are you sleeping with your friend’s wife? | 你是否和你哥们儿的妻子有染? |
[20:57] | I’ll take that as a “not yet” | 我会把这个表情当作 “还没有” |
[20:58] | Mind you, I’ve seen her. I mean, you know, she is tasty. | 我已经见过她了 我的意思是说 她很诱人 |
[21:02] | I feel your pain. | 我能理解你的痛苦 |
[21:04] | The man saved my life. | 她丈夫救过我的命 |
[21:06] | I’m not going near his wife. | 我不会靠近他妻子一步 |
[21:08] | End of story. | 事情就是这样 |
[21:09] | All right. I’ll buy that. | 好的 我信你 |
[21:11] | – I got his back, all right? – It’s all good. | – 我会一直支持他的 明白了吗 ? – 好吧 |
[21:14] | Hot date at the ice rink, Ronnie? | 去溜冰场激情约会了 Ronnie? |
[21:21] | Jeff was here. I’m going to go find him. | Jeff刚刚在这 我正要去找他 |
[21:25] | All right. All right. | 好的好的 |
[21:27] | Becky says he goes walkabout at night. | Becky说他晚上会出去 |
[21:30] | To the veterans cemetery. See some friends. | 去烈士陵园 看一些老朋友 |
[21:34] | 5 months ago, | 五个月以前 |
[21:37] | In Iraq, | 在伊拉克 |
[21:39] | you busted through a red door with your squad. | 你和你的小分队一起爆破 冲入了一扇红门 |
[21:42] | What happened at the other side? | 你们冲进门后发生了什么? |
[21:44] | Well, I took the hit pretty quick. | 我一下子就中弹了 |
[21:45] | You’re going to have to ask Jeff, or the captain. | 你最好去问问Jeff 或者上尉 |
[21:49] | You don’t like the captain much, do you? | 你不太喜欢那个上尉 是吗? |
[21:51] | He’s a good officer. | 他是个很好的军官 |
[21:53] | What about Jeff? | 那Jeff呢? |
[21:54] | How does he feel about the captain? | 他对上尉的看法如何? |
[21:58] | Not much? | 也不太喜欢? |
[22:02] | What else are you hiding from us? | 你还有什么事是瞒着我们的? |
[22:05] | My gun’s missing. | 我的枪丢了 |
[22:10] | You don’t take a gun to a cemetery, do you? | 你从不带枪去墓地 是吗? |
[22:19] | Hey. Captain Renshaw. | 嘿 Renshaw上尉 |
[22:23] | Dr. Lightman. Dr. Foster. | Lightman博士 Foster博士 你们好 |
[22:25] | Your man Turley’s on the loose with a gun. | 你的队员Turley持枪在逃 |
[22:28] | – Really? – Oh, yeah. | – 是吗? – 是的 |
[22:30] | We thought he might come see you. | 我们认为他可能会在你这儿 |
[22:32] | – Why? – Well, that was going to be | – 他为什么会在我这儿? – 这正是我们 |
[22:33] | our next question | 接下来想要问你的问题 |
[22:34] | well, he’s not here. | 好吧 他不在我这儿 |
[22:37] | Oh. | 哦 |
[22:38] | Can we do this in the morning? | 我们能早上再谈吗? |
[22:40] | I actually need to get as much sleep as I can | 我需要在我们出海前 |
[22:41] | before we ship out. | 尽可能充足地补充睡眠 |
[22:43] | Yeah. I’m sorry we bothered you. | 当然可以 真抱歉我们打扰了你 |
[22:45] | We thought we would just let you know. | 我们只是通知你这件事而已 |
[22:48] | I appreciate that. | 非常感谢 |
[22:50] | You should get your head down, | 你应该一头扎进被窝 |
[22:51] | get some sleep. | 好好睡个觉 |
[22:53] | I will do my best. | 我会尽力的 |
[22:54] | All right. Good night. | 晚安 |
[22:55] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[22:58] | Well, he’s in there. | 他躲在那儿 |
[23:40] | That doesn’t look like a man reaching for a drink. | 他看上去可不像是去拿酒 |
[23:42] | That looks like a man who knows how to fight dirty. | 他看上去是知道如何进行偷袭 |
[23:44] | Well, it takes one to know one. | 你们两是同道中人 |
[23:46] | I’m going to go stall him at the front door. | 我去前门拖住他 |
[23:49] | Well, that’s a good idea. | 这主意不错 |
[24:09] | Hi. Captain Renshaw. Just one more thing. | 你好 Renshaw上尉 再多问一件事 |
[24:14] | Dr. Foster, I did tell you that | Foster博士 我告诉过你 |
[24:16] | we’re shipping out tomorrow. | 我们明天要出海 |
[24:17] | I was planning on going to bed. | 我刚正要上床睡觉 |
[24:19] | What is so important that you need to talk to me | 有什么事如此重要 |
[24:21] | in the middle of the night? | 以至于你大半夜还要找我谈话? |
[24:22] | Look, we think that Jeff is under the impression | 是这样的 我们认为Jeff还处在这样一个意识状态中 |
[24:25] | that he has unfinished business with you about the war. | 他认为关于那场战争 你们俩之间还有事情没有完结 |
[24:30] | I nominated him for a silver star. | 我已经提名他获得银星勋章了 |
[24:33] | Getting it pinned on him is our only unfinished business. | 我们之间唯一没有完结事情 就是我没有把勋章给他戴上 |
[24:35] | We know that he is an honorable man. | 我们知道他是一个值得尊敬的人 |
[24:39] | He’s a hero. | 他是个英雄 |
[24:41] | And we also know that those are words | 而且我们也知道 |
[24:43] | that he would never use to describe himself. | 他从来不会夸夸其谈 自我吹嘘 |
[24:45] | Sounds like Sergeant Turley to me. | Turley中士就是这样的人 |
[24:50] | Can I come in? | 我能进来吗? |
[24:55] | Put the gun down, Jeff. | 把枪放下 Jeff |
[24:57] | Lightman, | Lightman啊 |
[24:59] | you are way out of your depth. | 你真是卑鄙 |
[25:01] | Absolutely. I’m coming in from your left, | 完全正确 我从你左侧进入 |
[25:04] | and I am armed, all right? | 并且持有武器 知道了不? |
[25:05] | Here I come. | 我来了 |
[25:06] | Right, see? There it is. | 好了 看见了吗? 在那儿 |
[25:12] | Why do this? | 你为什么这么做? |
[25:14] | Why do this? | 我为什么这么做? |
[25:16] | Ask him. | 你问他 |
[25:18] | He knows. Don’t you? | 他知道为什么 你知道吧? |
[25:21] | Why don’t you enlighten me, Sergeant? | 可以给我点提示吗 中士? |
[25:24] | Did you come here to kill the Captain, | 你来这儿是为了杀上尉 |
[25:26] | or just talk about killing him, eh? | 或者是要谈论为什么要杀他呢? |
[25:33] | Give him the gun. | 把枪给他 |
[25:35] | Nope. | 不行 |
[25:36] | Come on. Give it to him. | 快点 把枪给他 |
[25:37] | – No. – Give it to him! | – 不 – 把枪给他! |
[25:39] | He wants to kill me, | 他想要杀了我 |
[25:42] | He can go ahead and do it himself. | 他可以自己站出来 杀了我 |
[25:44] | You want to kill me, hmm? | 你想杀了我 是吗? |
[25:48] | Do it. | 动手吧 |
[25:49] | You need help, Sergeant. | 你需要帮助 中士 |
[25:52] | Why does the Captain want to kill you? | 上尉为什么要杀你? |
[25:56] | Because you deserve it? | 因为你罪有应得? |
[25:59] | Or think you do? | 或者他自己认为你罪有应得? |
[26:01] | You’re trying to kill yourself here, aren’t you? | 你想在这儿了结自己 是吗? |
[26:05] | Well, it’s a bit different | 枪在我手上 |
[26:06] | with the gun in my hand, isn’t it? | 事情的发展就不太一样了 对吗? |
[26:13] | I let everybody down. | 我让所有人都失望了 |
[26:14] | You didn’t do any such thing. | 你并没有让大家失望 |
[26:17] | When you got shot up in that humvee, | 你在悍马车遭到袭击的时候 |
[26:18] | it was on fire. You were afraid. | 车身着火了 你当时害怕了 |
[26:22] | But in my book, bravery is what you do in spite of fear, son. | 但在我看来 勇敢就是你战胜恐惧 做出壮举 |
[26:29] | You know what? Sod this, all right? | 你知道吗? 换个话题 好吧? |
[26:33] | I mean, really. | 我认真的 |
[26:36] | What happened behind the red door? | 在那扇红门背后 发生了什么? |
[26:39] | What happens over there stays over there. | 让过去的事 就留在过去吧 |
[26:41] | Really? Well, not for him, clearly. | 真的吗? 但很明显 对他来说不是如此 |
[26:44] | It doesn’t do him or anyone else any good to keep going over it. | 继续不停追究这件事 对他以及其他任何人都没有任何好处 |
[26:47] | Anyone else? | 其他任何人? |
[26:49] | You got someone particular in mind, have you? | 你在指某些特定的人 对吧? |
[26:52] | Look at him. | 看看他的样子 |
[26:54] | You think this is helping? | 你觉得这对他有好处吗? |
[26:58] | Jeff? Enough. | Jeff? 够了 |
[27:00] | He doesn’t have a gun. | 他没有枪 |
[27:02] | And even if I did, I don’t want to kill you. | 即使我有枪 我也不想杀你 |
[27:06] | Put the gun down. | 把枪放下 |
[27:17] | Here I come. | 我过来了 |
[27:23] | Here. | 把枪给我 |
[27:41] | So you’re outside the humvee, right? | 你是在悍马车外面 对吗? |
[27:47] | Now what? | 这时发生了什么? |
[27:51] | Uh, I’m ok. Ronnie, me and the Captain were the assault team. | 呃 我还好 Ronnie 我 以及上尉是突击队的 |
[27:54] | The rest of the convoy is pinned down. | 护卫队的其他人被敌人困住了 |
[27:58] | Look, let’s skip ahead | 我们往前走 |
[28:00] | to the bit with the red door. | 靠近那个红门一点 |
[28:01] | The insurgents are in there. | 叛乱分子在门里面 |
[28:03] | All right, so, you go through the red door, | 好 你冲进红门 |
[28:05] | You’re going to save the convoy, right? | 你要去解救护卫队的其他人 对吗? |
[28:06] | – Uh… huh. – So… | – 呃… 嗯… – 那么… |
[28:08] | Kick it in. | 把门踢开 |
[28:13] | Kick it in. | 把门踢开 |
[28:15] | Come on, Jeff. | 快点 Jeff |
[28:22] | Come on, kick it in. Go on, I dare you. | 快点 把门踢开 继续 我打赌你不敢 |
[28:23] | Kick it in, kick it in. | 把门踢开 把门踢开 |
[28:27] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[28:28] | I can’t. I can’t go in there. | 我不能 我不能进去 |
[28:30] | Look, it’s just a bloody video game, Jeff. | 这只是一个血腥的电子游戏 Jeff |
[28:32] | – It’s safe as anything. – I can’t, ok? | – 这非常安全 – 我不能 可以吗? |
[28:34] | Why not, Jeff? | 为什么不能 Jeff? |
[28:35] | My son is in there! | 我的儿子在里面! |
[28:44] | Right. | 好吧 |
[28:46] | Your son is 9 years old, Jeff, | 你的儿子才9岁 Jeff |
[28:50] | right? Right? | 对吗? 对吗? |
[28:53] | So he’s not in this war. | 所以他不在这场战斗之中 |
[28:55] | No. No, he’s not. | 是的 他没有 |
[28:58] | Oh. | 哦 |
[29:00] | So kick the door down. | 那把门踢开 |
[29:06] | Kick the door down. | 把门踢开 |
[29:10] | I can’t. | 我办不到 |
[29:12] | OK. Well, then your story is a load of bullocks. | 那么你的故事其实就是瞎编乱说的 |
[29:16] | Look, you’re running out of options. | 听着 你别无选择 |
[29:18] | You either kick the door down, | 你要么把门踢开 |
[29:19] | or you’re raising your kid from the looney bin! | 要么你就进疯人院去抚养你的儿子吧! |
[29:27] | Right, in you come. | 好了 踢吧 |
[29:29] | Faster, come on. | 快点 |
[29:32] | OK! | 好吧! |
[29:34] | Ronnie banks left, takes out a sniper. | Ronnie在左边 干掉了一个狙击手 |
[29:36] | Ah! | 啊! |
[29:38] | I went right, Captain goes high. | 我向右边走 上尉往高处冲击 |
[29:40] | There was a car there, I took some cover behind it. | 那边有辆车 我利用它打掩护 |
[29:41] | All right, you’re afraid. | 很好 你看上去很恐慌 |
[29:42] | That’s good, cause that means you’re there. | 这样很好 说明你身临其境 |
[29:44] | React to contact. It’s what we train for. | 学会与他人保持联络 我们接受过这种训练 |
[29:46] | Now you were taking sniper fire, right? | 现在你正在对狙击手开火 是吧? |
[29:48] | I return fire with my M-4, | 我用M-4继续作战 |
[29:49] | Pop off a 40 millimeter grenade round. | 向40米外射了枪榴弹 |
[29:52] | Ahh! | 啊! |
[29:57] | Carry on. | 继续 |
[29:59] | OK, so we move forward through the market, | 然后我们向前穿过了集市 |
[30:01] | I’m on point. | 我正准备开枪 |
[30:08] | I take a turn, and there was, uh… | 我转身 那里有个 嗯… |
[30:12] | There was resistance. | 那里有个抵抗者 |
[30:14] | Resistance? | 抵抗者? |
[30:16] | I saw a combatant. | 我看见了一名战士 |
[30:19] | Unh! | 啊! |
[30:22] | There’s a combatant? | 那里有名战士? |
[30:24] | A combatant? He’s not an enemy this time. | 一名战士? 他这次说的不是敌人 |
[30:27] | No, he’s making a distinction. | 不 他在区别用词 |
[30:32] | But he came out of nowhere! He came out of the archway. | 他不知道从哪冒出来的! 他从拱门出来了 |
[30:35] | It’s a kid. | 是个孩子 |
[30:38] | I was looking right down the barrel of his gun. | 我看见他举着枪 |
[30:40] | Up like that? | 像这样? |
[30:47] | He was 10 years old. | 他才10岁 |
[30:49] | That’s about the same age as your son, eh? | 跟你儿子差不多大 是吧? |
[30:52] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[30:54] | What’d you do? | 你做了什么? |
[30:56] | Did you kill him? | 杀了他? |
[31:01] | Ahh! | 啊! |
[31:13] | They train you for everything, they don’t train you for that. | 我们接受了一切训练 却从没学过如何应对这种情况 |
[31:21] | What you just told me | 你刚才告诉我的一切 |
[31:24] | was a lie. | 都是谎言 |
[31:26] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[31:28] | What are you talking about? I told you! | 你在说什么? 我告诉你了! |
[31:30] | We… we came through the market, | 我… 我们穿过了集市 |
[31:31] | I turned left, he came out of nowhere. | 我左转 他不知道从哪冒出来了 |
[31:33] | And I returned fire! | 然后我开火了! |
[31:34] | Unh! | 啊! |
[31:36] | All right, fair enough. | 好了 够了 |
[31:38] | But… | 但是… |
[31:40] | Why does that make the Captain want to kill you? | 为什么上尉想杀了你? |
[31:43] | Huh? | 嗯? |
[31:48] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[31:50] | I don’t know. Maybe he doesn’t. | 我不知道 也许他不想杀我 |
[31:52] | Maybe I am nuts. I’m just… | 也许我是疯了 我只是… |
[31:56] | I’m telling you everything I know. | 我告诉了你我知道的一切 |
[31:58] | Ah, no, something definitely happened that day. | 不 那天肯定有什么事情发生了 |
[32:04] | Well, if you can’t tell me what it was, | 如果你无法告诉我到底发生了什么 |
[32:07] | I’ll have to get it out of the Captain. | 我会从上尉那了解情况的 |
[32:16] | All right, Jeff lost it in Zirmaya. | Jeff忘记了在Zirmaya发生的事 |
[32:18] | And since that place has been completely | 而且既然战地已经 |
[32:21] | blown off the map, | 被轰炸摧毁了 |
[32:22] | this’ll have to do. | 所以我们只好这样做 |
[32:25] | I thought the point of therapy | 我觉得最有效的心理治疗方法 |
[32:26] | was to put the day behind him. | 就是重温当时的场景 |
[32:27] | Oh, what, you’re a psychiatrist | 哦 怎么你还是个 |
[32:29] | in your spare time, eh? Neither am I. | 业余心理学家? 我也不是 |
[32:31] | She is, however. | 但是她是 |
[32:32] | Turley’s gotten worse since you’ve been in his life. | 你出现以后Turley的状况更糟了 |
[32:36] | I have to agree. | 我承认 |
[32:37] | He’s completely unstable. | 他情绪非常不稳定 |
[32:38] | Lightman has that effect on people. | Lightman有这样能让人不安的能力 |
[32:41] | Try being her. | 学学她 |
[32:44] | All right, you said | 好了 |
[32:46] | you’d take a bullet for Jeff, | 你说你甚至愿意为Jeff挡子弹 |
[32:48] | Didn’t you, Captain? | 是吗 上尉? |
[32:50] | Anything for one of my men. | 我愿意为我的下属做任何事 |
[32:52] | All right. | 好 |
[32:53] | Well, let’s put that to the test. | 那我们来试试吧 |
[33:02] | So you come through the red door. | 你们穿过红色的门 |
[33:08] | All right, then what? | 好了 然后呢? |
[33:09] | I go to the right with Renshaw. | 我和Renshaw到了右侧 |
[33:12] | I head left, take out the sniper, | 我抬头向左看 干掉了狙击手 |
[33:14] | Upper window. | 他在上面的窗户那 |
[33:16] | Ahh! | 啊! |
[33:18] | Captain? You’re awfully quiet. | 上尉? 你都没说话 |
[33:21] | I laid down suppressive fire to cover the upper floor. | 我压制敌人高处的火力 为他们做掩护 |
[33:27] | Well, then what? | 然后呢? |
[33:28] | I cleared through the market. | 我穿过了集市 |
[33:35] | One more enemy K.I.A. at the end. | 集市尽头又一个敌人被击毙 |
[33:37] | Ahh! | 啊! |
[33:40] | And that’s when the kid came through with the A.K.. | 然后那个孩子拿着步枪出来了 |
[33:44] | What, right here? | 在哪 这里? |
[33:45] | – Yeah. – Yeah? | – 对 – 这里? |
[33:47] | Right. Gillian. Be the kid. | 好 Gillian 扮演那个小孩 |
[33:49] | Go on. | 去吧 |
[33:51] | Heels off, make yourself shorter. | 把鞋子脱下来 显得矮一点 |
[33:54] | You know, shouldn’t be too difficult. | 没问题的 |
[33:58] | OK, so you see the kid. | 好了 现在你看到了那个孩子 |
[34:00] | Then what happens, Jeff? | 然后发生了什么 Jeff? |
[34:03] | I killed him. | 我杀了他 |
[34:04] | Ahh! | 啊! |
[34:11] | You killed him? | 你杀了他? |
[34:13] | Is that before or after | 是在Ronnie眼睛中枪 |
[34:16] | Ronnie becomes a cyclops? | 之前还是之后? |
[34:20] | Ahh! | 啊! |
[34:22] | I got shot. I don’t remember. | 我中枪了 记不清了 |
[34:23] | Yeah, but you would remember | 是的 但是你应该记得 |
[34:25] | if Jeff’s gun went off before you got shot, right? | 你中枪前Jeff是否开了枪 是吧? |
[34:27] | I heard a lot of shots that day, OK? | 我听见了一大堆枪声 |
[34:29] | No, no, no, no. | 不 不不 |
[34:30] | I froze. | 我呆住了 |
[34:32] | I froze. | 我呆住了 没有动 |
[34:40] | I didn’t kill the kid. I froze. | 我没有杀那个孩子 我呆住了 |
[34:43] | I froze. | 我呆住了 |
[34:51] | I… I… | 我… 我… |
[34:52] | I should have fired, but I didn’t. | 我本来应该开枪的 但是我没有 |
[35:00] | Is that because it was a kid? | 是因为对方是个孩子吗? |
[35:07] | Ahh! | 啊! |
[35:18] | Ronnie! | Ronnie 天哪! |
[35:21] | All right, Foster, uh, | 好了 Foster 嗯 |
[35:23] | point at Ronnie. | 瞄准Ronnie |
[35:27] | Go on. | 做呀 |
[35:30] | OK. | 好吧 |
[35:32] | Well, say, “bang.” | 说”��” |
[35:33] | Bang. | |
[35:35] | All right, brilliant. | 不错 很好 |
[35:36] | All right, Ronnie, on the ground. | 好的 Ronnie 倒地 |
[35:39] | Ok. | 好的 |
[35:41] | Jeff. | Jeff啊 |
[35:44] | What then? | 然后呢? |
[35:46] | Uh… I went to him. | 呃… 我朝他跑过去 |
[35:47] | Ronnie! | Ronnie啊! |
[35:49] | I covered them. | 我掩护他们 |
[35:55] | In the report, | 在报告中 |
[35:57] | it doesn’t say anything about Jeff freezing. | 并没有提到Jeff呆住 没有开枪的事情 |
[36:02] | You wrote the report up, Captain. | 报告可是你写的啊 上尉 |
[36:03] | Why’d you leave that out? | 你为什么遗漏了那部分? |
[36:09] | His best friend got hurt as a direct result of his inaction. | 他最好的朋友 因为他的不作为而受伤了 |
[36:14] | – You see that, right? – Defensive posture. | – 看到了吧? – 防范的姿势 |
[36:16] | Yeah. Defensive of… yourself? | 嗯 保护… 你自己? |
[36:22] | I saw something. | 我看到了些事情 |
[36:23] | – The kid? – No, no, no. | – 那个孩子? – 不 不 不 |
[36:25] | The kid ran away. | 那个孩子跑掉了 |
[36:29] | Right, so the kid legs it, right? | 噢 那个孩子逃了 是吧? |
[36:32] | And then, uh, | 然后呢 |
[36:34] | what? You saw something else? | 发生了什么? 你还看见什么了? |
[36:36] | Yeah. | 呃 |
[36:38] | I saw someone else. | 我看见了别人 |
[36:41] | You saw “someone” else? | 你看见”别人”? |
[36:45] | Who’d you see, Jeff? | 你看见谁了 Jeff? |
[36:49] | Who came through here? | 谁过来了? |
[37:00] | Ronnie! | Ronnie啊! |
[37:06] | Oh, my eye! | 噢 我的眼睛! |
[37:14] | Get him up! | 扶他起来! |
[37:18] | Friendly fire. | 友军炮火(误向自己人开火) |
[37:20] | Your report was fiction, Captain. | 你的报告是捏造的 上尉 |
[37:22] | You killed one of your own men. | 你杀了个自己人 |
[37:24] | Game over. | 都结束了 |
[37:26] | He was from another company. | 他是另一个连的 |
[37:29] | Got cut off from his squad. | 他掉队了 |
[37:35] | Sorrow? | 愧疚吗? |
[37:37] | Remorse? | 自责吗? |
[37:39] | It was an accident. | 这是个意外 |
[37:41] | Your senior officer | 你的长官 |
[37:43] | had you lie about friendly fire. | 让你为友军炮火撒谎 |
[37:46] | He had to, | 他不得不这样做 |
[37:48] | if he was going to keep it out of the report. | 这样才可以不把这件事写进报告里 |
[37:51] | Sergeant here is an unstable man. | 中士的精神状态不稳定 |
[37:53] | History of mental problems. | 他有精神病史 |
[37:55] | Oh, yeah, yeah, he’s absolutely crackers, | 噢 是啊 是啊 他绝对是个神经质 |
[37:57] | but one minute later, | 但一分钟之后 |
[38:00] | Zirmaya gets blown off the map, | 整个Zirmaya都被炸毁了 |
[38:03] | right? | 对吧? |
[38:05] | Who called in the air strike? | 是谁请求发动突袭的? |
[38:07] | Captain? | 上尉? |
[38:09] | I wonder. | 我猜想是他 |
[38:11] | Renshaw, he asked you a question. | Renshaw 他问你问题呢 |
[38:16] | When I picked up Ronnie and ran… | 当我扶起Ronnie逃跑时… |
[38:17] | Come here, man. Come here. | 来吧 兄弟 来吧 |
[38:19] | Up, up! | 起来 起来! |
[38:21] | Unh! Come on, come on, come on! | 啊! 起来 起来 起来啊! |
[38:23] | I could hear a warthog above us. | 我听见上空雷霆二式攻击机的声音 |
[38:25] | And Renshaw was calling in an air strike. | 是Renshaw下令发动空袭 |
[38:29] | Cobra seven, this is bulldog six. You are cleared hot! | 眼镜蛇7号 我是牛头犬6号 猛烈袭击! |
[38:46] | Friendly fire isn’t a crime. | 友军炮火并不是犯罪 |
[38:48] | But covering up friendly fire with an air strike… | 但是利用空袭来掩盖友军炮火的事实… |
[38:51] | that… | 那… |
[38:52] | that’s a war crime. | 那就是战争犯罪 |
[38:54] | You know how many people died in that air strike? | 你知道有多少人死于那次空袭吗? |
[38:59] | You see that? | 看到了吧? |
[39:01] | That… | 那就是… |
[39:02] | is what your mind couldn’t handle. | 让你的大脑无法承受的事情 |
[39:35] | All right. | 嗨 |
[39:37] | So this is our friendly fire victim, eh? | 这个就是此次友军炮火的受害人 是吧? |
[39:39] | I wanted to honor him somehow. | 不知为何 我想来奠祭他 |
[39:44] | Well, you’ve done that. | 其实 你也很优秀 |
[39:46] | Saved Ronnie’s life, got a silver star. | 救了Ronnie一命 还得到了银色奖章 |
[39:50] | Well done, mate. | 干得好 伙计 |
[39:52] | Got something better than that last night. | 比起昨晚 我的情况有所好转了 |
[39:54] | Oh, yeah? | 噢 是吗? |
[39:56] | A good night’s sleep. | 睡了个好觉 |
[39:58] | Oh, ’cause I was thinking, you know, the other. | 噢 其实我吧 在想另外一件事 |
[40:01] | Mind’s in the gutter. | 思维跳跃了 |
[40:07] | Thanks for helping my dad. | 谢谢你帮助我爸爸 |
[40:10] | No worries. | 不用谢 |
[40:27] | Comfortable, Dr Lightman? | 这样舒服吗 Lightman博士? |
[40:30] | Does it matter? | 这有什么关系? |
[40:33] | You want me to run the whole battery of scans? | 你要我为你做一系列全面扫描吗? |
[40:35] | Yeah, the usual suspects. | 对 常规测试项目 |
[41:02] | Have you finished checking my homework? | 你检查完我的作业了吗? |
[41:05] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[41:07] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[41:08] | I’m nearly done. Yeah, look at this. | 我快完成了 来 看看这个 |
[41:10] | You’re gonna like this. | 你会喜欢的 |
[41:13] | You know. Check that out. | 来看看吧 |
[41:15] | Take a look at this. | 看看这个 |
[41:16] | What do you see? | 你看到什么了? |
[41:18] | Uh, wrinkles. | 呃 皱纹 |
[41:20] | Like… like one of those dogs with the scrunched-up faces. | 就像… 就像一只满脸皱纹的狗 |
[41:22] | All right. | 好的 |
[41:24] | Like a shar pei. | 好像沙皮狗 |
[41:25] | Brains are ugly. | 这脑袋真难看 |
[41:27] | That’s my brain, that is. | 这是我的脑袋 真的 |
[41:28] | Oh. Well, you have a very handsome brain. | 噢 其实 你的脑袋长得很帅 |
[41:32] | – Thank you very much. – Hmm. | – 谢谢啊 – 没事 |
[41:34] | Ok, you see this area here? | 好的 你看这部分了吗? |
[41:36] | That is supposed to be love. | 这部分与爱有关 |
[41:39] | Aww, when you look at a picture of me? | 哦 就是当你看到我的照片 做出的反应? |
[41:42] | Mmm, yeah, aww. | 嗯 是的 |
[41:45] | All right, now see what this says. | 好的 看看这个 |
[41:47] | Fight or flight? | 战斗还是逃跑? |
[41:50] | The… A picture of mom triggered that. | 呃… 这个是看到妈妈的照片的反应 |
[41:51] | Yeah, so flight, mostly. | 是啊 那大多数情况下 该是逃跑吧 |
[41:52] | You’re making that up. | 是你瞎编的吧 |
[41:54] | No, look at me, read my face. | 不是的 看着我 看我的表情 |
[41:57] | Huh? There. | 嗯? 继续 |
[41:59] | Ok, now Foster. | 噢 这是Foster |
[42:01] | – Whoa, fourth of July. – Oh, yeah? | – 哇 简直跟国庆一样欢庆了 – 噢 是吗? |
[42:03] | Shepherd’s pie. All right. Here. | 这脑子糊成一团了 好的 看这个 |
[42:08] | That’s your granddad, that is. | 这个是你祖父 真的 |
[42:11] | – And this you? – Yep. | – 这个是你吗? – 没错 |
[42:14] | He was a soldier. | 他是个士兵 |
[42:15] | You never told me that. | 你从来没告诉过我 |
[42:16] | You never asked. | 你从来没问过 |
[42:18] | He didn’t talk about it much. | 他不经常提此事 |
[42:21] | You know, I’m curious about him. | 其实 我对他很好奇 |
[42:23] | Yeah. Me, too. | 嗯 我也是 |
[42:26] | But you never asked him about the war? | 但是 你从来没问过他战争话题吗? |
[42:27] | No, it was a matter of respect, | 是的 我是出于尊敬的原因 |
[42:29] | really, you know? | 真的 你知道吗? |
[42:31] | I mean, he came out of the war, | 他从战场回来之后 |
[42:33] | and he went straight back to work | 直接回到铁路站场 |
[42:35] | in the rail yard. | 工作岗位上 |
[42:36] | He put me through college, so that was that. | 他供我读大学 就是这样 |
[42:39] | I’d like to meet him someday. | 我想找时间见见他 |
[42:41] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[42:42] | Well, one day, eh? | 嗯 找时间 是吧? |