时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | 以下情节 纯属虚构 不针对任何具体的人和事 | |
[00:18] | Let’s hear it for the Somerset High School marching band. | 让我们为索美塞特夏郡高中的游行乐队鼓掌 |
[00:21] | Whoo! Great job. | 噢! 演奏很精彩 |
[00:23] | Great job. | 很棒 |
[00:25] | It is my sincere hope that this center | 我衷心地希望 在未来的岁月 |
[00:28] | will become a beacon of academic excellence | 在这个教育水平较低的社区里 这所中心 |
[00:30] | in an underserved community for years to come. | 能成为学术人才的引路灯 |
[00:33] | Clara, would you do the honors, please? | Clara 请你来进行奠基仪式吧? |
[00:35] | Of course. | 好的 |
[00:38] | Thank you, Mrs. Musso, | Musso太太 |
[00:39] | for your friendship and generosity. | 感谢您的友好与慷慨 |
[00:40] | You’re welcome, governor. | 不用谢 州长 |
[00:49] | Thank you, ladies. | 谢谢你们 各位女士 |
[00:51] | For many years, and I speak to you today | 多年来 包括今天 我并不是以政治家的身份 |
[00:54] | not as a politician | 而是和我的妻子 |
[00:55] | but along with my wife as parents. | 一同以家长的身份 来发言说话的 |
[00:58] | Public education in America | 美国的公共教育 |
[01:00] | has been in peril. | 正处于困境之中 |
[01:01] | You know the refrain… lack of funds, underqualified teachers, | 众所周之 阻碍重重…. 资金不足 教师能力低下 |
[01:06] | negligent parents. | 家长不够重视 |
[01:07] | And to this I say, no more excuses. | 对于这些 我要说 别再找借口了 |
[01:12] | “No more excuses, no more excuses, no more excuses” | “别再找借口了 别再找借口了 别再找借口了” |
[01:22] | The guy in the denim jacket… do we know him? | 那个穿牛仔外套的男人…. 我们认识吗? |
[01:23] | …vote for accountability. | 为责任投票 |
[01:25] | – Cast your vote for… – Denim jacket. 11:00. | – 把你的票投给… – 11点方向 穿牛仔外套的人 |
[01:28] | …vote for this great state of Virginia. | …为弗吉尼亚这个伟大的州投票吧 |
[01:31] | Governor, your car’s waiting. | 州长 车准备好了 |
[01:34] | Thank you, kind voters of Virginia. | 感谢你们 弗吉尼亚州热情的选民 |
[01:43] | Thanks very much for coming out. | 感谢你们来到这里 |
[01:44] | Appreciate the support. Thank you. | 多谢支持 谢谢 |
[01:46] | Thanks very much for your help. | 非常感谢你们的帮助 |
[01:48] | Thanks very much for your support. | 非常感谢你们的支持 |
[01:49] | It’s nice to see you today. | 今天很高兴与你们见面 |
[01:51] | Great to see you. Thanks very much for your support. | 很高兴 非常感谢你们的支持 |
[01:53] | Let’s go get then. | 走吧 |
[01:54] | Let’s get out and vote, huh? | 大家都来投票吧 |
[01:56] | Thanks for your support. | 感谢你们的支持 |
[01:58] | Thank you for the support. | 感谢你们的支持 |
[02:03] | Thanks for coming today. | 感谢你们今天来到这里 |
[02:15] | The governor’s down. He’s hit. | 州长倒下了 他中枪了 |
[02:33] | There’s no such thing as an “Assassin’s gaze.” | 没有”暗杀者的眼神”这东西 |
[02:35] | All right. So I can report back | 好吧 那我就上报说 |
[02:37] | that you can’t tell if Duane Corey was acting alone. | 你无法判断Duane Corey是不是单独作案 |
[02:40] | Didn’t say that. | 我可没这么说 |
[02:41] | No, he had an accomplice. | 不是 他有同伙 |
[02:42] | It was the governor. | 就是州长本人 |
[02:44] | What? Come on. | 什么? 怎么可能 |
[02:45] | I know. It turns your stomach, doesn’t it? | 我知道 很反胃 对吧? |
[02:47] | The governor knew Michelle Daly. | 州长认识Michelle Daly |
[02:48] | Of course he knew her. She was a staffer. | 他当然认识她 她是他的职员 |
[02:51] | No, he “Knew” knew her. Know what I mean? | 不 他是很了解地认识她 明白我的意思吗? |
[02:55] | Flirtatious, flared nostrils, admiring look. | 鼻孔显示出调情和激动 还有爱慕的表情 |
[02:58] | Yeah, she really fancied him. | 是啊 她对他真有好感 |
[03:00] | The FBI is paying you to find out | 联邦调查局请你来 是要你查明 |
[03:01] | if the governor was acting alone, | 州长是不是在作秀 |
[03:02] | not dig into the governor’s personal life. | 而不是去窥探州长的私生活的 |
[03:04] | No, the FBI’s paying me to poke around | 不对 联邦调查局是请我来四处八卦的 |
[03:06] | and, you know, find the truth. | 还有 就是 查出真相 |
[03:07] | I’m not a glorified cop, Ben. | 我又不是什么好警察 Ben |
[03:09] | Foster, show Reynolds the situation. | Foster 把情况告诉Reynolds |
[03:11] | The governor’s in a tight race. | 这场选举势均力敌 |
[03:12] | Too close to call. | 州长和对手不分高下 |
[03:14] | A staffer who was clearly more than that | 而这名职员 很显然不是 |
[03:16] | was shot dead. | 单纯地被枪杀 |
[03:17] | Now the man’s back up in the polls. | 现在州长又在投票中领先了 |
[03:18] | You can’t ignore the possibility | 你不能否认 那个女孩也许 |
[03:20] | that the girl was just a victim of a 9-point bullet bump. | 就是牺牲品 用子弹为州长换取9个百分点支持率 |
[03:24] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪? |
[03:25] | To see the governor. | 去找州长 |
[03:26] | Cal, listen. Brooks isn’t just any old governor. | Cal 听我说 Brooks不仅是一位任职多年的州长 |
[03:29] | I know. He’s a close and personal friend of yours. | 我知道 他私下还是你的好友 |
[03:32] | I appreciate this must be difficult for you. | 我知道这对你来说一定很难 |
[03:34] | As the majority stakeholder in this firm… | 作为这家公司的大股东… |
[03:36] | See, I bet that you regret saying that already. | 看吧 我敢打赌你已经后悔你刚说的了 |
[03:40] | Just go easy on him. | 拜托你别对他太狠 |
[03:43] | Ok? I respect this man a lot. | 行吗? 我很尊敬他 |
[03:45] | Someday he could be president. | 有一天他可能会当上总统 |
[03:48] | Not with this girl’s blood on his hands, he won’t. | 要是他手上沾着那无辜女孩的鲜血 他就不可能当上总统 |
[04:21] | The democratic process is no stranger | 对于民主程序的阻碍和漫长 |
[04:23] | to hardship and suffering, | 已经司空见惯了 |
[04:25] | But the death of Michelle Daly | 但是 对于Michelle Daly的死 |
[04:26] | is especially cruel and incomprehensible. | 却显得极其残忍 且让人迷惑不解 |
[04:32] | Dr. Foster. | Foster博士 |
[04:34] | Or may I call you Gillian? | 还是应该叫你Gillian? |
[04:36] | I see Clara Musso called | 我知道Clara Musso打电话 |
[04:37] | To give you a heads-up. | 提前通知你我们要来 |
[04:39] | Which is why my will to win this race | 正因为如此 大家的愿望 |
[04:41] | is only strengthened by all our desires, | 让我更想赢得这场选举 |
[04:43] | each and every one of us, | 大家团结在一起 |
[04:44] | to stand strong in the face of adversity. | 去勇敢面对困境 |
[04:46] | So I invite all of you to join my staff, my family, and me, | 所以 我邀请你们大家 在这恐怖的悲剧发生之后 |
[04:49] | in our prayers for the family of Michelle Daly | 同我的工作人员 家人和我一起 |
[04:51] | in the wake of this terrible tragedy. | 为Michelle Daly的家人祈祷 |
[04:54] | Which is why the governor here | 所以州长决定 |
[04:55] | has decided to retain the Lightman group | 聘请Lightman机构 |
[04:57] | to get to the truth behind all of this. | 来查出这件事背后的真相 |
[04:58] | Dr. Lightman, I’ve read all your books. Big fan. | Lightman博士 我拜读过你所有的书 很崇拜你 |
[05:01] | That’s cobblers. Don’t try and change the subject. | 别瞎扯了 你别想岔开话题 |
[05:04] | All right? Not with me. | 明白吗? 对我不管用 |
[05:05] | Ladies and gentlemen, the governor would like | 女士们先生们 州长希望 |
[05:07] | to invite you all to warm up your coffees | 在他继续下一时段的问答之前 |
[05:09] | and grab some more pie before he continues | 大家先去喝杯咖啡 |
[05:10] | the question and answer segment of today’s visit. | 吃些点心 |
[05:13] | Please. Help yourselves. | 请大家随意 |
[05:18] | I’m not sure I follow. | 我不懂你的意思 |
[05:19] | Well, do your best, governor, | 尽力吧 州长 |
[05:20] | you know, for the dead girl in the morgue. | 就算是为了停尸房里那个死去的女孩 |
[05:23] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么? |
[05:24] | No, don’t beg. See, look, | 别 别求我 看吧 |
[05:26] | it frightens the voters. | 吓到选民了 |
[05:28] | Governor? | 州长? |
[05:29] | Not a good idea. | 现在不是时候 |
[05:31] | This is Lightman being discreet. | Lightman已经在谨慎行事了 |
[05:33] | If Michelle Daly’s not enough | 如果Michelle Daly不足以 |
[05:34] | to haunt the governor for the truth, | 让州长吓到说出真相 |
[05:37] | Lightman is. | Lightman可以 |
[05:39] | What do you want from me? | 你想要我怎么样? |
[05:40] | Well, a 9-point bump in the polls | 好说 选举前24小时 |
[05:43] | 24 hours before the election | 票数激增9个百分点 |
[05:44] | because a girl took a bullet for you. | 就是因为有个女孩替你挡了子弹 |
[05:46] | I want a little bit more than coffee and pie. | 我要的不止是咖啡和点心那么简单 |
[05:48] | Know what I mean? | 明白我的意思吗? |
[05:52] | My place or yours? | 去我那还是你那? |
[05:53] | If it were a choice between losing the election | 如果要我用输掉选举 |
[05:55] | and having Michelle back with us, | 来换回Michelle的生命 |
[05:57] | I’d gladly choose the latter. | 我会毫不犹豫地选择后者 |
[05:59] | My place, then. Let’s keep it scientific,shall we? | 那就去我那吧 以科学为准吧? |
[06:04] | Clear his schedule this afternoon. | 把他下午的行程都推掉吧 |
[06:06] | No more excuses, governor. | 别再找借口了 州长 |
[06:16] | Brooks is a dog that needs to be | Brooks这只狗 真应该 |
[06:18] | taken out back and put down. | 拉出去毙了 |
[06:22] | Wow. No. That guy’s a lone wolf. | 哇 不是他 那家伙孤僻凶悍 |
[06:24] | No way he’s gonna help Corey. | 他不可能会帮Corey的 |
[06:26] | Oh, well, you know, don’t lose hope. | 哦 这样啊 那也别灰心 |
[06:28] | We still have 42 more videos | 我们还有42卷录影带 |
[06:29] | of guys who claim | 都是那些声称 |
[06:31] | that they want Brooks dead. | 要杀死Brooks的人 |
[06:32] | Are you chatting online while I’m over here | 是不是我在忙着找出暗杀者之时 |
[06:34] | looking for an assassin? | 你却在网上聊天? |
[06:36] | – What? – You have a new girlfriend? | – 什么? – 你有新女友了? |
[06:37] | No. No, no, no, no. | 不是 不是 不是 |
[06:38] | Just a friend who happens to be a… | 就是一个朋友 刚好是 |
[06:40] | Emily Lightman? | Emily Lightman吗? |
[06:42] | Please try not to judge. | 别对我评头论足 |
[06:44] | You’re cyberfriends with Emily? | 你和Emily是网友? |
[06:46] | Judgment all over your face. | 看你满脸写着不屑 |
[06:47] | Look, she friended me. | 听着 是她加我为好友的 |
[06:49] | She’s the boss’s daughter. | 她是老板的女儿 |
[06:50] | What am I supposed to do? | 我该怎么办? |
[06:51] | Hit “Ignore.” | 点击”忽略” |
[06:53] | Look, she’s going to musicfest this weekend. | 听着 她这周末要去音乐节 |
[06:55] | Yeah, as are half the kids in DC. So? | 是啊 和华盛顿大多数孩子一样 那又怎样? |
[06:58] | So it’s a breeding ground for negative group behavior. | 那里是社会败类的滋生地 |
[07:01] | Drinking, drugs. | 酗酒 吸毒 |
[07:02] | Loker, I’ve been to musicfest. | Loker 我参加过音乐盛会 |
[07:03] | You’re blowing it way out of proportion. | 你说得也太过了吧 |
[07:05] | Well, you’re not 16 years old. | 好吧 反正你也不是16岁了 |
[07:06] | Last year, 3 girls got roofied and raped. | 去年 3名少女被下了迷药 然后被强奸了 |
[07:09] | You should read some of the things | 你该看看那些 |
[07:10] | that her so-called friends are writing about doing there. | 她所谓的朋友在那里的留言 |
[07:13] | I mean… if she were my daughter, I would… | 我是说… 要是她是我女儿的话 我就会 |
[07:15] | You know, I should give Lightman a heads-up. | 我得告诫Lightman 让他多注意他女儿 |
[07:17] | Look. How many friends does Emily have on that site? | 听着 Emily在这个网站上有多少好友? |
[07:20] | 500 or 600. | 五六百吧 |
[07:21] | Exactly. She probably barely knows | 没错 就算有这么多网友 |
[07:23] | the kids who are writing all this stuff on her site, if at all. | 她也许根本就不认识那些在网站上给她留言的孩子 |
[07:26] | Oh, god. What’d you do? | 哦 天啊 你做了什么? |
[07:29] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[07:31] | Told her I might be going to musicfest, too. | 我告诉她 我可能也会去参加音乐会 |
[07:33] | What is wrong with you? | 你有毛病吧? |
[07:35] | We got a confession. | 我们得到一项招供 |
[07:36] | Out of who? | 谁的招供? |
[07:37] | Duane Corey. You know, the guy | Duane Corey 就是保镖射中后 |
[07:38] | that security grabbed after the shooting. | 抓到的那个男的 |
[07:40] | Well, his cellmate came forward about an hour ago. | 他的狱友一小时前来过了 |
[07:43] | Says that Corey was bragging about | 他说Corey大放厥词 |
[07:45] | trying to kill the governor. | 说是要杀了州长 |
[07:46] | Gave up his whole plan… | 供出了他的整个计划… |
[07:47] | weapon cache, location, everything. | 武器储藏 地位 全盘供出 |
[07:49] | An inmate with nothing but incentive | 一个只受动机驱使的狱友 |
[07:51] | to lie about Corey’s confession. | 在Corey的供词上撒谎 |
[07:52] | Yeah, well, Lightman thinks | 是的 Lightman觉得 |
[07:53] | I should bring you two to come | 我该带你们两个 |
[07:54] | check this guy out with me, so, let’s go. | 和我一起去看看这个男的 我们走吧 |
[07:58] | I love politicians. | 我爱死政治人物了 |
[07:59] | I do. I really do. | 真的 我真的很爱他们 |
[08:03] | Are you comfortable? | 你感觉自在吗? |
[08:04] | Can we get on with this? | 可以继续吗? |
[08:05] | Governor, try to answer our questions | 州长 希望你尽可能准确的 |
[08:07] | with as much accuracy as you can. | 回答我们问题 |
[08:08] | Yes, I am comfortable in this glass box. | 是啊 呆在这间玻璃房里 我会很自在 |
[08:11] | A man in your position. | 像你这样身份地位的人 |
[08:12] | – Correct. – Up in the polls. | – 对 – 选票摇摇领先 |
[08:14] | Survivor of an assassination attempt. | 刺杀事件的幸存者 |
[08:17] | I would never exploit a tragedy like this for a… | 我是绝不会利用这样的惨剧 让自己… |
[08:20] | bullet bump. Yeah. | 挨枪子儿的 是的 |
[08:22] | See, now i said it, so you don’t have to. | 既然我说了 你就没必要再说了 |
[08:25] | You’re way off base, Dr. Lightman. | 你越说越离谱了 Lightman博士 |
[08:27] | So, I have to ask, why all the guilt, governor? | 那么 我还得问问 为什么会有罪恶感呢 州长? |
[08:30] | A girl died. | 一名女孩死了 |
[08:33] | Looks more like fear to me. | 对我来说 真很恐怖 |
[08:34] | What you frightened of, eh? | 你害怕什么呢 嗯? |
[08:35] | Someone tried to kill me at that rally . | 有人想在公共场合杀了我 |
[08:37] | Yeah, but a girl died instead. | 是的 但取而代之的是一名女孩死了 |
[08:39] | What was her name? | 她叫什么名字? |
[08:40] | Michelle. Daly. | 他叫Michelle. 不 是Daly |
[08:42] | Separation of first and last name. | 你先说名 再说姓 |
[08:44] | The personal with the formal. | 先说昵称 再说姓名了 |
[08:46] | So, she wasn’t just any old girl to you, was she, governor, | 这么说 她不是你曾经交往过的女人 是吧 州长 |
[08:48] | and don’t tell me that all depends on | 别告诉我说 这要取决于 |
[08:50] | what my definition of “was’ is. | 我所说的”曾经”是什么意思了 |
[08:52] | She was one of our college volunteers. | 她是我们学校的志愿者之一 |
[08:54] | It was no secret she knew me. | 她认识我 这也不是什么秘密 |
[08:56] | How well would you say you knew her? | 那你们之间有多熟络呢? |
[08:57] | Ahh. Hardly at all. | 啊 一点都不熟悉 |
[08:59] | We might’ve made small talk. | 我们唠过家常 |
[09:00] | Might’ve? And it could’ve been | 是吗? 不仅仅只是 |
[09:02] | more than just small talk. | 唠唠家常吧 |
[09:03] | – It wasn’t. – Declarative. Commanding. | – 不是 – 是宣言 是命令 |
[09:07] | You wanted to make sure it was never | 你刚才是在确定 |
[09:08] | more than just small talk. | 仅仅是唠家常而已 |
[09:10] | You sure it wasn’t pillow talk? | 确定不是枕边悄悄话? |
[09:11] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不是 |
[09:13] | Clarifying language. Defensive. | 澄清语言 防守行为 |
[09:16] | There was a misunderstanding | 可能会有一些误会 |
[09:16] | that could’ve been misconstrued. | 会被扭曲 |
[09:18] | Wires were crossed. | 大概是误会了 |
[09:20] | Governor, man to man, right, and Foster here. | 州长 男人与男人之间的对话 好吧 当然还有Foster |
[09:25] | Michelle was a beautiful woman. | Michelle很漂亮 |
[09:29] | Now, I know what it’s like to work with beautiful women. | 现在 我知道和美女一起干活 是什么样的感觉了 |
[09:32] | He’s talking about your friend Clara Musso. | 他指的是你的朋友 Clara Musso |
[09:34] | Yeah, and her, yeah. | 是的 还有她 是的 |
[09:36] | We both know that there are women out there | 我们都知道 女人天生就喜欢 |
[09:38] | that are naturally attracted to power. | 攀权附贵 |
[09:43] | So, governor, out with it. | 因此 州长 你就直说吧 |
[09:57] | There was one night a few months ago. | 几个月前的一天晚上 |
[10:00] | I had just won the primary. | 那是我获得了初选的胜利 |
[10:02] | Alcohol was flowing and I’d had a few drinks. | 然后就是大家喝酒庆祝 我喝了一点 |
[10:05] | It had been a rough campaign. | 那场竞选真是不容易啊 |
[10:08] | My wife had headed home early. | 我妻子先回家了 |
[10:10] | Ah. That seems like the night in question. | 啊 也就是我们说的那天晚上了 |
[10:13] | Michelle and I wound up smoking a cigarette together. | 我和Michelle共同抽一支烟 |
[10:17] | Shared it. | 共享一支烟 |
[10:18] | She complimented me on my win. | 她祝贺我竞选胜利 |
[10:20] | We talked for a long time. | 我们谈了很久 |
[10:23] | Stealing away like that… | 我们偷偷地溜出去… |
[10:26] | It made me feel young. It was innocent. | 这让我感觉自己又回到年轻 单纯地时代 |
[10:29] | But not to Michelle. | 但Michelle不这样想 |
[10:31] | She was confused that my wife had left early | 我妻子过早的离开 让她很是困惑 |
[10:33] | And here was the governor | 而眼前是一个州长 |
[10:35] | enjoying the taste of a young woman’s lipstick | 和一个年轻女子共享一支烟 |
[10:39] | on the filter of a cigarette. | 品尝着烟上女子口红的味道 |
[10:41] | We both know that this isn’t about a confusion | 我们都明白 这不再是一个 |
[10:45] | of a young woman anymore, don’t we? | 年轻女人的困惑了 不是吗? |
[10:48] | You had sex with her. That night. Admit it. | 那晚你和她上床了 你就承认吧 |
[11:08] | It was one of those moments. | 那只是其中的一段时间 |
[11:09] | Everyone celebrating, schmoozing, | 每个人都在庆祝 都在闲谈 |
[11:12] | and here she is, showing me such simple, sure… | 她出现了 在我看来她是那么单纯 是的… |
[11:16] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. | 是 是 是 |
[11:18] | You took advantage of her, didn’t you? | 你就占了她的便宜 不是吗? |
[11:20] | Nothing happened. | 没有 |
[11:22] | Yet you were ashamed. Why is that? | 但你还是感到羞愧 为什么会这样? |
[11:25] | Trevor Addison walked in | 在我作出令我后悔的事情之前 |
[11:26] | before I could do anything I’d regret. | Trevor Addison 进来了 |
[11:29] | If he hadn’t… | 如果他没有进来… |
[11:31] | He and I decided then to distance Michelle from me. | 我和他当即决定 要疏远Michelle |
[11:34] | He reassigned her. | 他把她调开了 |
[11:37] | Why keep her around at all? | 为什么不把她留在你身边? |
[11:38] | I wasn’t about to cut a promising career short | 我不想仕途因此毁于一旦 |
[11:41] | just because I almost… could have… | 就因为我快要… 可能… |
[11:46] | crossed the line. | 出轨了 |
[11:58] | Your future president’s more lucky than good. | 你那位未来总统的运气 还真是不错啊 |
[12:00] | He didn’t cheat, | 他没有撒谎 |
[12:02] | and he had no reason to have her killed. | 他也没有理由让她受害 |
[12:03] | Could we just leave him alone now? | 难道现在还不能把他放了吗? |
[12:05] | He’s explained his actions | 他解释了他的行为 |
[12:06] | but not the others who work on his behalf. | 但并不能解释那些为了他的权益而办事的人 |
[12:08] | He’s a governor, Gillian, not a mob boss. | 他是一位州长 Gillian 不是流氓头头 |
[12:12] | Oh, that sounds like a much better campaign slogan | 哦 那可比”别再找借口了”的竞选口号 |
[12:14] | than “No more excuses.” | 要好很多 |
[12:18] | I didn’t do it. | 我没有那么做 |
[12:20] | Corey, come on, man. | Corey 别这样 伙计 |
[12:23] | They found your gun right there on the scene | 他们抓获你的时候 |
[12:24] | when they took you down. | 在现场发现了你的手枪 |
[12:26] | You were caught red-handed. | 你被当场捕获 |
[12:27] | I’m telling you, it’s not mine. | 我要说 那不是我的 |
[12:30] | So, what are you saying? | 那么 你想说什么? |
[12:32] | Well, it’s a conspiracy. | 那是一个阴谋 |
[12:34] | To frame you for the murder of Michelle Daly. | 陷害你 说是你杀了Michelle Daly |
[12:37] | I didn’t kill her. | 我没有杀她 |
[12:38] | You didn’t mean to kill her, | 你不是要杀她 |
[12:40] | because you were aiming for the governor, right? | 因为你是要杀州长的 对吧? |
[12:43] | There. Right there. What you just did with your nostrils, | 刚刚 就是那样 你刚刚皱了下的鼻子 |
[12:45] | that tells me that you want governor Brooks dead. | 这就告诉我 你想置Brooks州长于死地 |
[12:48] | I didn’t shoot that girl, | 我没有射杀那个女孩儿 |
[12:50] | and that gun is not mine. | 那也不是我的枪 |
[12:52] | Stop lying. | 别撒谎了 |
[12:53] | I’m not. I’m innocent. | 我没有 我是清白的 |
[13:00] | I believe him. | 我相信他 |
[13:02] | That’s fear. Of this place. | 在这样的情况下 那说明他害怕 |
[13:05] | Same as his. | 和他一样 |
[13:06] | – What? – Corey didn’t do this. | – 什么? – 不是Corey干的 |
[13:08] | Don’t you understand? He already said that he did, though. | 你还没弄明白吗? 他已经承认是他干的了 |
[13:10] | Yeah, to his cellmate, which, by the way, | 是的 他是对他狱友这样说了 话说回来 |
[13:12] | why did you say that, Corey? | 你干嘛要这样说 Corey? |
[13:14] | They think twice about raping | 他们曾一度想要 |
[13:15] | cold-blooded killers in here. | 强奸冷血杀手 |
[13:18] | And you really believe that he didn’t do this? | 你真的相信不是他干的 |
[13:21] | I know he didn’t. | 我知道不是他干的 |
[13:25] | Take us back to the night of the primary. | 回忆一下初选时的情况 |
[13:29] | No messenger on that. Take it over in person. | 不要叫信差 你亲自去送 |
[13:31] | Get a signature. Thank you. | 签个名 谢谢 |
[13:33] | The night of the primary. | 初选的晚上 |
[13:34] | When you found the governor celebrating | 就是你发现州长和Michelle |
[13:36] | privately with Michelle. | 私下庆祝的那晚 |
[13:37] | Yeah, that night of the primary. | 对 就是初选的那天晚上 |
[13:39] | I handled the situation. | 我处理了那件事 |
[13:40] | I spoke with Michelle and found her | 我跟Michelle谈了话 并给她找了个 |
[13:42] | a more suitable position. | 更合适的职务 |
[13:43] | So, one chat with you | 她跟你谈了一次 |
[13:45] | and she was out of the inner circle. | 然后就被调离了核心部门 |
[13:46] | It’s my job to insulate the governor. | 我的工作是确保州长位置不受影响 |
[13:48] | Very smooth. Hence the strut. | 表情平静 显得趾高气扬 |
[13:50] | Or is that just like a side effect | 还是说这只是成天在办公室 |
[13:52] | of being around all this office totty? Eh? | 到处晃悠 带来的副作用? 嗯? |
[13:55] | So, how long did it take you | 那你花了多长时间 |
[13:57] | to get Michelle in the sack, then? | 把Michelle弄上床? |
[14:02] | I’m a single man, Dr. Lightman. | 我是单身 Lightman博士 |
[14:04] | I work 100-hour weeks. | 我每周工作100小时 |
[14:05] | Michelle was a beautiful, young woman. | Michelle年轻漂亮 |
[14:08] | What, you mean to tell me | 怎么 你难道是想说 |
[14:09] | that neither of you have ever been tempted | 你们从未有过把工作与娱乐 |
[14:10] | to mix business with pleasure? | 混在一起的念头吗? |
[14:12] | Excuse me, but the woman you were sleeping with | 但是和你上床的那个女人 |
[14:13] | was killed on your campaign trail. | 是在你们的竞选游说之行 被杀的 |
[14:16] | You don’t seem too shaken up by that. | 你看起来也不怎么震惊 |
[14:20] | I cut Michelle’s family a check for funeral expenses. | 我开了张支票给Michelle家 作为殓葬费用 |
[14:22] | Oh, that’s nice of you. | 哦 你真好 |
[14:23] | To get through the terrible days ahead. | 我想结束这段糟糕的往事 |
[14:25] | Now, if you don’t mind… see that clock over there? | 你们不介意… 看见那个钟了吗? |
[14:27] | 19 hours until the polls open… and counting. | 还有19个小时投票就要开始了… |
[14:31] | I’ve got a question for you. | 我有个问题 |
[14:33] | You know the man | 你认识那个 |
[14:35] | that was arrested for the shooting, right? | 因枪杀被逮捕的人 对吧? |
[14:38] | How does a nutter like that | 那样一个疯子 |
[14:40] | get through your security? | 是怎么通过你的保安措施的? |
[14:48] | I like a man who can own up to his own mistakes, don’t you? | 我欣赏能承认自己错误的人 你呢? |
[14:51] | He cut a check. | 他只开了张支票 |
[14:55] | Now you think Addison had Michelle killed? | 你认为是Addison找人谋杀了Michelle? |
[14:57] | Well, you know, he used to be a lobbyist | 知道不 他以前是 |
[15:00] | for security contractors. | 安全承包商的说客 |
[15:05] | OK, so Addison’s sleeping with Michelle, | 好吧 也就是说Addison跟Michelle上床了 |
[15:06] | and let’s say, for whatever reason, | 然后不知道为了什么原因 |
[15:08] | he wanted to have her killed. | 他想找人干掉Michelle |
[15:09] | Why do it in such a public way? | 他为什么要在大庭广众下谋杀? |
[15:10] | Well, it’s two birds with one bullet. | 他这么做一石二鸟 |
[15:12] | Michelle’s a goner and Brooks is a winner. | Michelle死了 Brooks赢得了竞选 |
[15:15] | He gets one of his black ops buddies to do the job. | 要是他让黑衣特警干掉Michelle |
[15:17] | No one’s the wiser. | 那这么做就太蠢了 |
[15:19] | It’s absurd, Cal. He’s not that kind of man. | 这很荒唐 Cal 他不是那样的人 |
[15:22] | So, what kind of a man is he, exactly? | 那他到底是什么样的人? |
[15:28] | He’s tried it on with you, hasn’t he? | 他也骗过你上床 不是吗? |
[15:30] | Please. | 拜托 |
[15:32] | Eyes front, Clara. This is important. | 看着我 Clara 这很重要 |
[15:37] | Hasn’t he? | 他是否这样做了? |
[15:43] | Well, I can’t say as I blame him, really. | 我也不能怪他情不自禁 |
[15:45] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[15:47] | That was supposed to be a compliment. | 这本来是恭维的 |
[15:49] | Compliment. That’s funny. | 恭维 真好笑 |
[15:51] | It felt more like an insult. | 这听起来更像是侮辱 |
[15:53] | He’s a player. | 他是个花花公子 |
[15:55] | Women like Michelle are just a number to him. | 像Michelle这样的女人 对他来说 多不胜数 |
[15:58] | You mean women like Michelle and me. | 你是说像Michelle和我这样的女人 |
[15:59] | No, because you turned him down, right? | 不 你拒绝了他 对吧? |
[16:03] | See? I told you I was good at this. | 看见没? 我说过我在这方面很擅长 |
[16:06] | Now, I don’t think that Michelle was the only woman | 我认为Michelle并不是唯一一个 |
[16:08] | that he was polling on the campaign trail. | 在选举中被他拉过票的女人 |
[16:10] | The Brooks campaign has tons of women working for it. | 有一大堆女人在为Brooks的选举工作 |
[16:12] | Let’s not start a witch hunt. | 别说的像政治迫害一样 |
[16:14] | Witch hunt. Is that what you call them? | 政治迫害 你就是这么看待她们的吗? |
[16:35] | Oy! Lemmings. All right. | 喂! 大家注意了! |
[16:39] | Who here, apart from Michelle Daly, | 除了Michelle Daly以外 在座各位 |
[16:42] | has been shagging the chief of staff? | 有谁跟上司上过床? |
[16:55] | Bingo. Lady in pink. | 找到了 粉衣女郎 |
[17:01] | What made you suspect that Michelle and Addison | 你为什么怀疑Michelle和Addison |
[17:02] | were also having an affair? | 发生了关系? |
[17:04] | She went from part-time volunteer to paid staff. | 她毫无理由的从一个兼职志愿者 |
[17:07] | Came out of nowhere. | 变成了一个受薪人员 |
[17:08] | So, you see the advantage | 你看到了和Addison |
[17:09] | of sleeping with Addison, right? | 上床的好处 是吧? |
[17:10] | You know how the game’s played? | 你清楚这是什么把戏 对吧? |
[17:12] | But Michelle wasn’t a game player, was she? | 但是Michelle并没有耍手段 对吗? |
[17:14] | Michelle was wholesome. | Michelle很谨慎 |
[17:15] | What? Meaning she was naive and innocent? | 什么? 你是说她天真没经验? |
[17:18] | She wore a promise ring. | 她戴着一枚定情戒指 |
[17:19] | Planned on saving herself for whatever. | 以为不管发生什么 这枚戒指能保护自己 |
[17:22] | “Whatever,” Said with an edge of contempt. | “不管发生什么” 语气有点轻蔑 |
[17:25] | She was a good person. | 她是个好人 |
[17:30] | See, you had to control every muscle in your body | 看见没 为了说这话 你必须从头到脚 |
[17:33] | from your head to your toes to pull that one off. | 控制你身上的肌肉 |
[17:35] | – It’s true. – I don’t doubt it. | – 我说的是真话 – 我毫无怀疑 |
[17:37] | I’m talking about the anger you feel for her. | 我说的是你对她的愤怒 |
[17:40] | As if she’s to blame for you being here | 让你在我们面前 坐如针毡 |
[17:42] | in the hot seat with us. | 好像都是她害你似的 |
[17:46] | How does Addison get a promise ring | Addison是怎么跟这样一个 |
[17:51] | off a girl like that, eh? | 清白的女孩搞上的? |
[17:53] | We all partied just as hard as we worked. | 我们像工作一样 努力的参加派对 |
[17:55] | She wanted to fit in. | 她也想融入我们 |
[17:56] | She started off with just the occasional | 她开始只是偶尔 |
[17:58] | small glass of wine. | 喝几小杯红酒 |
[17:59] | And then the wine turns to spirits. | 接着 红酒变成了烈酒 |
[18:02] | It’s ok. We all make mistakes. | 没事 孰能无过 |
[18:04] | Michelle was a grown woman. An adult. | Michelle是成年人了 |
[18:07] | I did not make her drink. | 我没有逼她喝 |
[18:09] | I did not steer her towards Trevor… Addison. | 也没有把她引见给Trevor… 就是Addison |
[18:14] | You’re doing everything you can | 你在想尽一切办法 |
[18:18] | to avoid the elephant in the room, aren’t you? | 对重要问题避而不谈 |
[18:20] | – Elephant in the room… – Why a promising young woman | – 重要问题… – 为什么一个有前途的年轻女人 |
[18:24] | was murdered. | 被杀害了 |
[18:25] | They were shooting at the governor. | 他们本是要谋杀州长的 |
[18:26] | Oh, you’re a cop now, are you? | 噢 现在你又成了个警察了 是吗? |
[18:28] | They had to shoot past the governor | 他们得越过州长 |
[18:29] | to get to Michelle. | 才能射中Michelle |
[18:31] | Let’s treat it as murder for now. | 让我们把它看做是一起谋杀 |
[18:35] | See, there it is again. Fear. And anger. | 看见没 又来了 害怕和愤怒 |
[18:39] | I mean, I’d feel the same way | 我是说 如果我被逼着说谎 |
[18:41] | if I felt I was being forced into a lie. | 我也会有这种感觉 |
[18:43] | I haven’t lied. | 我没说谎 |
[18:44] | Smart. True, too, technically. | 很聪明 严格来说这是真话 |
[18:46] | Because you know how to steer a conversation, | 因为你知道如何引导谈话 |
[18:49] | and you know how to lie by omission. | 也知道如何通过省略关键点来说谎 |
[18:53] | I smell a cover-up. | 你在掩饰什么 |
[18:56] | I’ve been there. I’ve done that. | 你在场 是你干的 |
[18:59] | I’m not involved. | 我与此无关 |
[19:00] | I mean, I hear things, but I… I didn’t do anything. | 我的意思是 我听到了一些东西 但是我… 我什么都没做 |
[19:03] | Now what you’re doing is stonewalling. | 你现在做的就是阻碍破案 |
[19:05] | You’ve gone from gossip to accomplice. | 你从一个闲聊者变成了一个帮凶 |
[19:11] | After Michelle started sleeping with Addison, | Michelle和Addison上床以后 |
[19:13] | she started drinking even more. | 她越来越能喝酒了 |
[19:15] | At the common wealth fundraiser last month, | 上个月的联邦筹款活动上 |
[19:17] | she got totally bombed. | 她醉的一塌糊涂 |
[19:19] | And she threatened to go public with the affair. | 她还威胁说要将他们的关系公之于世 |
[19:21] | Addison sent her home before she could make a scene. | Addison在她大吵大闹前 把她送回家了 |
[19:23] | And she drove up a curb where a man | 她把车开到马路边 |
[19:25] | was collecting bottles and cans, | 那儿正好有个人在捡瓶子 |
[19:27] | said she didn’t even realize | 她说她根本就知道 |
[19:28] | she hit someone at first. | 不自己撞了人 |
[19:31] | So, it was a hit and run? | 这成了个撞人逃逸事件? |
[19:32] | Addison made her turn herself in. | Addison叫她自首 |
[19:34] | And then it just… | 然后就… |
[19:35] | And I have no direct knowledge of a cover-up, | 我并不懂得如何掩饰 |
[19:37] | But I’m guessing Addison got the incident | 但是我觉得Addison |
[19:40] | swept under the rug. | 隐瞒了这件事 |
[19:43] | And the man she hit? | 她撞的那个人呢? |
[19:44] | He died after a few days. | 几天后就死了 |
[19:48] | A drunk staffer kills someone | 一个醉醺醺的职员杀了 |
[19:49] | leading up to election, | 一选民 |
[19:50] | you want to make it go away. | 你想当作什么事也没发生过 |
[19:52] | In a close election, you want more than that. | 在势均力敌的竞选中 你想要的更多吧 |
[19:54] | You want the girl to go away, right? | 你想让那个女孩永远消失 是吧? |
[20:01] | You know, a couple of my agents | 我的几个同事 |
[20:02] | found your little hideout. | 找到了你的密室 |
[20:03] | The guns. Ammunition. | 枪 弹药 |
[20:07] | Plus, the crosshairs you drew on Brooks’s photo | 还有 你在Brooks照片上画的准心 |
[20:10] | speaks to malicious intent. | 都证明你有犯罪意图 |
[20:12] | I bought those to protect the governor. | 我买这些是来保护州长 |
[20:14] | Brooks was in danger. | Brooks身处险境 |
[20:16] | Yeah, well, I’d have to agree with you on that. | 是 好 我同意你的这种说法 |
[20:18] | You don’t understand. I sent those e-mails | 你不明白 我发这些邮件 |
[20:20] | so the staffers would tighten up security. | 警示保镖加强警卫 |
[20:22] | They’re not real. Brooks… he needs a guardian. | 这些不是真的 Brooks… 他需要一个保镖 |
[20:27] | Someone like me. | 就像我一样的人 |
[20:28] | Right, right. Duane, let me explain something to you. | 好 好 Duane 我和你说 |
[20:30] | You can try and play crazy for the jury. | 你能试着在陪审团那里装疯卖傻 |
[20:32] | That’s not gonna fly in here. | 但是你绝对逃不出这里 |
[20:35] | From your collection. | 从你的东西里找到的 |
[20:37] | What the hell? | 什么? |
[20:39] | He doesn’t even recognize the murder weapon. | 他甚至都不认识杀人凶器 |
[20:41] | Hey! This should be in an evidence room. | 嘿! 这个应该拿到证物室的 |
[20:44] | Can you playback? | 你能重放一下吗? |
[20:46] | Yeah. | 没问题 |
[20:51] | There. Instant genuine surprise. | 那里 瞬间的惊讶 不是装的 |
[20:53] | He’s never seen it before. | 他从没有见到过这个 |
[20:54] | Because it ain’t mine. | 因为这不是我的 |
[20:56] | Does he want Brooks dead? Yes. | 他想让Brooks去死吗? 是的 |
[20:59] | Is he dangerous? You bet? | 他很危险吗? 猜猜看吧? |
[21:00] | All right, so then he’s delusional. | 好吧 那么他是在妄想 |
[21:02] | He thinks he’s got a special relationship with the governor. | 他觉得他和州长的关系不一般 |
[21:04] | The gun’s a throwaway. | 这只是把废弃的手枪 |
[21:05] | It’s not that hard to file numbers off a handgun, | 给枪编号也不是什么难事 |
[21:07] | And anybody could have just planted it near Corey the day of the shooting. | 而且任何人都可能在枪击那天故意扔在Corey身边 |
[21:09] | The guy’s a patsy. | 这个人只是替罪鬼 |
[21:10] | Yeah, well, he’s gonna be in here on gun charges. | 是 好 他会因持枪罪留在这里 |
[21:12] | So, regardless, he’s gonna have to sit tight | 无论如何 他都只能老老实实地坐在这里 |
[21:14] | till we can figure this thing out. | 直到我们查出真相 |
[21:15] | So, whoever killed Michelle could have known about Corey’s threats, | 无论是谁杀了Michelle都应该知道Corey的恐吓邮件 |
[21:18] | made sure he had a clear path to Brooks on the day of the shooting | 确认他在枪击那天能顺利地接近Brooks |
[21:20] | so they could pin it on a wacko. | 从而栽赃嫁祸 |
[21:28] | Just a minute! | 稍等! |
[21:31] | Oh, hang on. | 哦 来了 |
[21:38] | Hello. | 你好啊 |
[21:41] | So, did he send you over here to appeal to my better judgment? | 那么 是不是他派你来询问我对此案的进一步判断? |
[21:44] | No, he didn’t. | 不 没有 |
[21:46] | That’s good, ’cause I’ve done everything. | 那好 我已经尽力了 |
[21:49] | That’s what I told him. | 我就是这么对他说的 |
[21:53] | You hungry? | 你饿吗? |
[21:54] | Oh, you cook, too? | 哦 你也做饭? |
[21:56] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 是的 |
[21:57] | Sure. | 当然饿了 |
[21:59] | There’s chicken masala. | 这里有鸡肉玛沙拉 |
[22:01] | Mmm! | 嗯! |
[22:02] | So, be warned. | 那么 注意点 |
[22:06] | – Do you want a beer? – Sure. | – 想要点啤酒吗? – 当然 |
[22:08] | You know, I told the governor that I owe my freedom | 我告诉过州长 我把我的自由 |
[22:11] | to your bull-headed, obnoxious, | 都浪费在你那令人厌恶的固执上 |
[22:13] | no-holds-barred way of doing things. | 还我行我素 |
[22:17] | Up yours. | 去你妈的 |
[22:18] | Right now? | 现在? |
[22:19] | Ooh, I say. | 哦 是的 |
[22:25] | So, how’s he doing, then? | 那么 他怎么样? |
[22:27] | The governor, I mean. | 我是说州长 |
[22:28] | You know, behind closed doors. | 你知道的 不为人知的一面 |
[22:31] | He’s distraught. We all are | 他很忧心 我们都在 |
[22:32] | for Michelle and her family, | 担心Michelle和她的家人 |
[22:34] | not just for his political career. | 而不仅仅关心他的政治生涯 |
[22:36] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 是的 |
[22:37] | He’s not broken up enough to pull out of the race, though, is he? | 不过他不至于痛苦得要退出竞选 是吧? |
[22:40] | Oh, come on. A life of service | 哦 得了吧 献身于政治是 |
[22:41] | is all Brooks has ever believed in. | Brooks一生的信仰 |
[22:43] | Ought to clean house. | 应该打扫一下 |
[22:45] | You’re talking about Trevor Addison, the campaign manager, | 你在说出现在竞选前夜的 |
[22:47] | on the eve of an election. | 竞选负责人Trevor Addison |
[22:49] | No, I’m not. I’m talking about the governor doing right | 不 我是说州长是不是对得起 |
[22:51] | by that girl’s family, you know, and by the voters. | 那个女孩全家 还有选民 |
[22:53] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[22:55] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[22:56] | Excused. | 别找借口了 |
[23:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:02] | Well, I’m here to tell you | 我是来告诉你 |
[23:04] | that he wants you to find the truth, no matter what. | 他要你查明真相 无论真相是什么 |
[23:06] | Oh, what, so you appealed to his better judgment, | 哦 什么 那你更相信他的判断 |
[23:08] | then, did you? | 是吗? |
[23:10] | Like you, he hasn’t sp… | 就像你 他不能… |
[23:17] | Too hot for you? | 太烫了? |
[23:20] | It’s good. It’s good. | 还好 挺不错的 |
[23:25] | Would you like another beer? | 你要再来一瓶吗? |
[23:28] | Are you trying to get me drunk? | 你想把我灌醉吗? |
[23:29] | Who, me? Mmm. | 谁 我? 呃 |
[23:31] | No. Never. Absolutely not. | 没 绝不 明显不会 |
[24:00] | I couldn’t find a recycling bin. | 我找不到垃圾桶 |
[24:03] | We know about Michelle’s hit and run. | 我们知道Michelle肇事逃逸了 |
[24:09] | That man’s death was an awful tragedy. | 那个人的死真是悲惨啊 |
[24:11] | Yes, kind of tragedy that could kill a political career, | 是 能葬送某人的政治生涯 |
[24:13] | unless your name’s Kennedy, of course. | 当然你叫肯尼迪的话例外 |
[24:15] | I’m paid to manage situations, Dr. Lightman. | Lightman博士 我得处理这些状况 这是我的饭碗 |
[24:17] | By squeezing the D.A. who’s looking for the governor’s endorsement? | 通过对极力讨好州长的检察官施压? |
[24:21] | It was an accident, | 那是一次意外 |
[24:23] | And I tried to minimize the damage. | 我尽力减小损失 |
[24:25] | William Freeman. That’s the damage. | William Freeman 那就是损失 |
[24:29] | Yep. The dead man, in case you were interested. | 对 那个死去的人 说不定你会感兴趣 |
[24:33] | I know his name. | 我知道他的名字 |
[24:35] | After the accident, there was nothing I could do for him. | 这次事故后 我却帮不了他什么 |
[24:39] | He was hit near a stop sign. | 他是在一个停车标志旁被撞 |
[24:41] | It was very hard to see at night. | 晚上很难看清路况 |
[24:44] | That almost looks like genuine remorse. | 这看起来像是真心的自责 |
[24:49] | I’m sorry the man is dead. | 那人死了 我真的很难过 |
[24:51] | Must be a pain in the… I mean cover-ups. | 一定有隐情… 我是说有内幕 |
[24:54] | Managing them, you know. | 幕后有人在捣鬼 |
[24:55] | Look, Michelle was a kid at the beginning of her career. | 听着 Michelle还是事业刚起步的孩子 |
[24:58] | I wasn’t gonna let her go to prison over a youthful indiscretion. | 我不想让她因为不成熟的冲动而进监狱 |
[25:02] | Or let the press find out. | 或者被媒体曝光 |
[25:05] | All right. Full disclosure. | 好吧 直说吧 |
[25:07] | Check’s in the mail. You don’t look fat in that dress. | 说说你收到的支票吧 这套衣服不显胖 |
[25:10] | Robin spoke with me about your conversation yesterday. | Robin昨天和我谈了你说的 |
[25:13] | I was gonna head to your office after the polls close. | 我本想在投票结束后去你的办公室 |
[25:15] | With something that might help you. | 有些东西可能对你有帮助 |
[25:16] | After the polls closed. | 投票结束以后 |
[25:18] | What I’m trying to tell you is… | 我竭力想告诉你… |
[25:23] | let Michelle Daly speak for herself. | 让Michelle Daly自己说吧 |
[25:27] | After my car hit the curb, | 我的车撞上人行道后 |
[25:32] | I just… I just took off, | 我就… 我就把车开走了 |
[25:34] | ’cause I didn’t know what to do. | 因为我不知道怎么办 |
[25:37] | And I didn’t know that I had hit someone. | 我也不知道我撞了人 |
[25:41] | I really didn’t. | 我真的不知道 |
[25:43] | I was drunk. | 我喝醉了 |
[25:47] | Unusually matter of fact for someone on the heels of a traumatic event. | 这是在经历痛苦之后的人不应该有的表现 |
[25:50] | No sadness. No remorse at all. | 没有悲痛 也没有一丝悔恨 |
[25:54] | Yeah, I don’t doubt that she was drunk that night, | 是 我不怀疑她那天晚上喝醉了 |
[25:55] | But I don’t think she was driving that car. | 但是我觉得车不是她开的 |
[25:58] | Her confession is pure fiction. | 她的供词完全是虚构的 |
[26:01] | She’s covering up for somebody. | 她在为别人掩饰什么 |
[26:04] | Sad part is that whoever it was | 可悲的是 那个人还说服她 |
[26:08] | had her convinced she was doing the right thing. | 这是在做正确的事 |
[26:11] | Hey! Eli, what’s up? | 嘿! Eli 好? |
[26:14] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[26:15] | I was just thinking about you. | 我刚刚还在想你 |
[26:17] | You were? | 真的? |
[26:18] | Yeah, and music fest. | 是的 还有音乐巨星 |
[26:20] | Yeah, I’m really excited for P-Funk. | 是的 我很激动能够去看P-Funk |
[26:22] | Yeah, well, you’re an old soul. | 是 好 你是个老古董 |
[26:24] | You’re a very funky old soul. | 是个很时髦的老古董 |
[26:26] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[26:27] | I’m also a P-funk fan. | 我也是放克迷 |
[26:28] | – Really? – Sure. | – 真的? – 当然 |
[26:30] | So you’re coming? | 这么说 你会来? |
[26:32] | Yes, if your dad lets me off work in time. | 对啊 只要你老爸让我及时收工 |
[26:36] | Cool. You can meet my friends. | 酷 可以见见我的朋友们 |
[26:38] | Yeah, your friends. | 没错 你的朋友 |
[26:40] | Sure, why not. | 一定要 |
[26:41] | Hey, listen to this. | 嘿 听下 |
[26:42] | They haven’t even released it yet. | 目前还没发行 |
[26:47] | That’s great. | 很棒 |
[26:48] | Look, em, sometimes at these festivals, | 其实这些音乐演出有时 |
[26:51] | there can be a diffusion of responsibility. | 缺乏责任意识 |
[26:53] | You know, you must not be that big of a P-funk fan | 你肯定不是放克迷 |
[26:55] | cause you do want to hear this. | 因为居然不想听这个 |
[26:58] | I just mean that sometimes inhibitions can go down | 我是说有时自制力会降低 |
[27:01] | and something that may not have normally happened could happen. | 发生些意外的情况 |
[27:05] | Or, you know, maybe… maybe it would. | 又或许… 就发生 |
[27:10] | All right, these guys. | 算了 这些男孩 |
[27:12] | Bad idea. Keep your distance. | 不怀好意 保持距离 |
[27:15] | Eli, I barely know them. | Eli 我几乎不认识他们 |
[27:18] | Good. Then your distance will be kept | 好的 保持这距离 |
[27:20] | because from what I’m reading, | 因为就我所知 |
[27:21] | these guys are bringing an entire pharmacy to the concert. | 这些男孩会带整袋的药去演出现场 |
[27:24] | Ecstasy… speed… Roofies? | 摇头丸… 兴奋剂… 迷奸? |
[27:27] | And you’re worried something might happen to me? | 你担心我吗? |
[27:29] | Well, I care about you, em. | 我挺关心你的 |
[27:32] | You’re sweet. | 你真好 |
[27:35] | Good. | 谢 |
[27:36] | And I care about you, too. Really. | 其实我也关心你 真的 |
[27:39] | Good. So, you’ll be careful. | 好 那你要小心 |
[27:40] | So careful. Just relax. | 很小心 别紧张 |
[27:43] | Ok. | 好 |
[27:44] | Em, god, no, no. | Em 天哪 不 |
[27:46] | I’m… I’m sorry. I just… | 我… 我很抱歉 只是… |
[27:49] | You kept iming me and… never mind. | 你在线上找我聊天… 算了 |
[27:52] | I was iming you back to be polite. | 我只是出于礼貌回复 |
[27:57] | No, Em, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it like… | 我很抱歉 Em 不是那样的… |
[28:05] | I’m so fired. | 要被炒了 |
[28:12] | This a bit previous, isn’t it? | 话说得过早吧? |
[28:14] | Polls haven’t even closed yet. | 民意投票还没结束 |
[28:16] | If you’re looking for my husband, | 要是来找我丈夫 |
[28:17] | he’s at a press for the next few hours. | 他接下来几个小时要开新闻发布会 |
[28:20] | Is that the one where they go in the little booth | 他们就是去那些个小投票间 |
[28:22] | and they vote for themselves? | 自行投票? |
[28:23] | That’s the one. | 就是那儿 |
[28:26] | Something I said? | 我说了啥? |
[28:29] | We don’t believe Addison’s story about the hit and run. | 我们不相信Addison那套肇事逃逸的鬼话 |
[28:33] | What hit and run? | 什么肇事逃逸? |
[28:38] | – What was that? – What? | – 怎么了? – 什么? |
[28:40] | What was that between you just now? What was that? | 刚刚你们之间怎么回事? |
[28:42] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[28:44] | You should really leave the lying to the politician’s wife. | 谎话真应该由政治家老婆来说 |
[28:46] | She’s had a lot more practice than you have. | 她经验丰富得多 |
[28:48] | We believe that Michelle took the fall | 我们认为Michelle |
[28:50] | in order to cover for someone else. | 是为他人顶罪 |
[28:51] | Someone else? | 另有其人? |
[28:54] | How much did the governor have to drink the night of the fundraiser? | 筹款晚宴上 州长喝了多少酒? |
[28:57] | What? | 什么? |
[28:58] | No, no, cause I can see he likes to drink. | 没啥 我看得出来他嗜酒 |
[29:01] | I can see that much. | 这点很清楚 |
[29:02] | I won’t stand here while you throw darts in the dark, | 不可不想站在这里 |
[29:05] | indict my friends and my husband with your pseudo-science. | 任凭你用那伪科学指证我的朋友和丈夫 |
[29:08] | Look, Mrs. Brooks. Michelle Daly admitted to a hit and run | 听着 Brooks夫人 Michelle Daly |
[29:12] | that she had absolutely nothing to do with. | 帮人顶罪 |
[29:15] | And now she’s dead. | 现在又死了 |
[29:17] | And you are a bully, | 你们翻旧账 |
[29:18] | digging through a decent man’s trash. | 威胁上层人 |
[29:20] | No one’s perfect. You’ll find lies wherever you look. | 没有完美的人 处处是谎言 |
[29:26] | How about you, darling? Hmm? | 亲爱的 你呢? |
[29:28] | How’d you get home that night? ’cause you were there, weren’t you? | 当晚是怎么回家的? 你也参加了 对吧? |
[29:30] | Yes, that was the night I spilled wine on my dress. | 是的 当晚酒洒在裙子上了 |
[29:32] | Red wine. Pinot. Argentinian. | 阿根廷干红葡萄酒 |
[29:35] | What vintage? | 哪一年的? |
[29:37] | Nothing special. | 不特别 |
[29:39] | You see, like I said, we should really leave the lying to her, | 看吧 谎话应该由她来说 |
[29:41] | ’cause she’s much better at it than you are. | 她比我们都在行 |
[29:44] | Actually, Jenna and I left together. | 事实上 我和Jenna一起离开的 |
[29:46] | I dropped her off at her house. | 我载她回家的 |
[29:53] | Janet’s using Clara. | Janet在利用Clare |
[29:55] | You’re incredible. | 不能相信你 |
[29:56] | Or the other way around, you know. | 恰好相反 |
[29:59] | Incredible how? | 为啥不相信? |
[30:00] | – You know. – Oh, Clara. | – 你知道的 – 噢 Clara |
[30:01] | It’s that obvious, is it? | 很明显 对吧? |
[30:03] | Was it that good? | 这样好吗? |
[30:05] | – Honestly? – No. | – 是实话? – 不是 |
[30:07] | Cause that’s what they were doing when we showed up. | 我们到那时 她们一直在圆谎 |
[30:09] | They were getting their stories straight. | 一直在对台词 |
[30:11] | The pinot noir | 黑品乐干红 |
[30:12] | Yeah, I mean, do they even make that in Argentina? | 究竟阿根廷生产它吗? |
[30:15] | Alfredo roca, 2007. | Alfredo roca 2007产 |
[30:17] | Not just a pretty face, are you? | 才貌双全啊你? |
[30:19] | Back to you and Clara. | 说回你和Clara |
[30:20] | Really? | 真的? |
[30:21] | Well, she’s up to something, | 她一定在策划什么事 |
[30:23] | and I want to make sure you’re not compromised. | 我要确认你没有偏袒她 |
[30:24] | No, no, it was just a bit of fun between us. | 没 只是觉得彼此挺有趣 |
[30:26] | It was a little bit more than that. | 可不止一点点 |
[30:27] | Were you there? | 你是我吗? |
[30:28] | I’m talking about from her perspective. | 我说的是她的感觉 |
[30:31] | You don’t read faces, do you? | 你到底会不会观察人啊? |
[30:33] | Did I say incredible? I meant impossible. | 不是不可相信 是不好对付 |
[30:35] | Thank you very much. | 谢谢夸奖 |
[30:39] | Let’s say that Clara was driving the car | 就当是 开车的是Clara |
[30:41] | and she ran over the homeless guy. | 碾过了那个流浪汉 |
[30:43] | Are you accusing Clara? | 你在控诉Clara吗? |
[30:45] | No, it’s just theory. I’m just… a theory. | 不是 就这么一说 |
[30:47] | The Brooks campaign might feel obligated to help cover it up. | Brooks竞选团有义务去掩盖事实 |
[30:50] | She is their biggest campaign donor. | 她可是最大的竞选捐款人 |
[30:52] | Hey. I need to talk to you in private. | 嘿 我想跟你单独谈谈 |
[30:59] | Yeah, what is it? | 说 啥事? |
[31:00] | So, it started… Emily, she friended me on this website. | 起因是Emily 她加我线上好友 |
[31:04] | Hurry up, ’cause I haven’t got much time. | 长话短说 时间不多 |
[31:06] | Right. I was worried about these drugs, these boys… | 好 我担心她会接触到毒品和那些混混… |
[31:10] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[31:13] | I just felt that somebody should be looking out for her. | 我只是觉得应该要提醒她 |
[31:16] | Oh, really? | 是吗? |
[31:18] | I… | 我… |
[31:21] | I just think… Emily kissed me. | 我就想… Emily亲了我 |
[31:25] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[31:34] | So, you kissed my daughter. | 你亲了女儿 |
[31:36] | No. No. She put her headphones on me in the lab. | 不是 在实验室 给我戴上她的耳机 |
[31:40] | I wanted to show her | 我想提醒她 |
[31:41] | You kissed my daughter. | 你亲了我女儿 |
[31:42] | No, I was trying to help, and she kissed me. | 不是 我只是想帮她 是她亲我 |
[31:44] | – How was it for you? – What? | – 感觉如何? – 啥? |
[31:46] | How was it for you? Was it good? Did it feel good? | 感觉如何? 吻香不香? 感觉好吗? |
[31:49] | No. I mean, I just was trying to help her out. | 其实 我只是想帮她 |
[31:54] | Enough said. | 少说为妙 |
[31:58] | What, Reynolds? | Reynolds 怎么了? |
[32:01] | I guess Addison won’t be around to see the governor be re-elected. | 我想Addison没机会见证州长重选 |
[32:04] | All right, guys, come on. Everybody out. Let’s go. | 行了 大伙 都出去 |
[32:10] | He’s not the suicide type. | 他可不像是会自杀的人 |
[32:12] | Yeah, well, he wrote the suicide note. | 然而 他写了遗言 |
[32:15] | He e-mailed everyone on the governor’s staff. | 还邮州长竞选的全体职员 |
[32:17] | He admits to covering up Michelle’s hit and run | 承认自己将肇事逃逸嫁祸给了Michelle |
[32:19] | and that he hired the shooter to kill her before she could talk. | 还说自己雇凶杀人灭口 |
[32:24] | Now we have to figure out who wrote this. | 此时必须弄清出自谁手 |
[32:26] | Yeah, cause he didn’t. | 没错 反正不是他 |
[32:35] | Hey, you seen Lightman? | 嘿 看见Lightman了吗? |
[32:36] | He’s in his office waiting for Clara. | 他在办公室等Clara |
[32:38] | Ha. Still fighting that fight, huh? | 还在战斗啊? |
[32:41] | Don’t let him fool you. He loves it. | 别被他骗了 就这爱好 |
[32:43] | Let me ask you something. | 请教下 |
[32:45] | How can you tell if this thing is fake if it’s been typed? | 在电脑上怎么识别出它是伪造的呢? |
[32:48] | Word choice, repetition. | 用词 重复的话 |
[32:49] | The use of passive or active voice can tell you a lot | 主被动语态的运用就能透露出不少信息 |
[32:51] | about the person who wrote this. | 于是就能看出是谁写的 |
[32:53] | Let me show you. | 你看 |
[32:55] | “A person of my stature”, “Someone in my position”, | “像我这种有地位的人” “在我这个位置上的人” |
[32:58] | “With regards to a subordinate”… | “关于下属”… |
[33:00] | This is a person who is preoccupied with power and status. | 这是个有权势有地位的人 |
[33:04] | Power and status, huh? | 权力和地位 哼? |
[33:05] | That sounds like the Trevor Addison you were describing earlier. | 听起来像是你之前描述的Trevor Addison |
[33:08] | It’s all about the pronouns. | 这跟代词的使用有关 |
[33:10] | Women. We use a lot more pronouns when we write. | 女人 我们写作时习惯用更多的代词 |
[33:14] | “I,” “She,” “They.” | “我” “她” “他们” |
[33:17] | Men will typically name the person or thing they’re talking about. | 男人通常直接称呼人名或他们谈论的事物 |
[33:20] | So a woman preoccupied with power and status wrote this. | 所以是一个有权势有地位的女人写的 |
[33:24] | Yep. | 是的 |
[33:29] | Why? | 为什么? |
[33:33] | Why, it’s all there. | 原因摆在那儿 |
[33:35] | He covered up for the hit and runs. | 他掩盖了这起肇事逃逸事故 |
[33:38] | You don’t believe that, do you? | 你不相信 对吧? |
[33:41] | Another thing or two about suicides… | 其他自杀的案子… |
[33:43] | slippery sorts like Addison, they don’t kill themselves. | 像Addison一样割腕的 他们都不是自杀 |
[33:46] | What, you think he was murdered? | 什么 你认为他是被谋杀的? |
[33:48] | Michelle and Addison, they both knew something that got them killed. | Michelle和Addison 他们知道了一些足以让他们丧命的东西 |
[33:52] | I just hope to hell that you don’t know what they knew, love. | 我只希望你不知道他们知道的 亲爱的 |
[33:58] | You already know I do, don’t you? | 你已经知道我了解那些事 对吗? |
[34:01] | You didn’t drive Janet home that night. | 那晚你没有开车送Janet回家 |
[34:06] | You weren’t even in the bloody car. | 你甚至没有在那辆鲜血淋淋的车里 |
[34:14] | Janet killed that homeless man. | Janet撞死了那个流浪汉 |
[34:18] | She was alone. It was an accident. | 她一个人 那是一场事故 |
[34:20] | She was drunk. | 她喝醉了 |
[34:22] | Addison made Michelle take the blame, | Adiison让Michelle承担罪过 |
[34:24] | and then he pulled some strings to make it go away. | 然后他找了些关系平息了这件事 |
[34:26] | All except Michelle, and that let loose. | 除了Michelle 她这一环松动了 |
[34:28] | That got taken care of yesterday, didn’t it? | 导致了昨天的谋杀 对吗? |
[34:30] | Janet and I go way back. | Janet和我认识很久了 |
[34:31] | If she knew anything about Michelle’s death, I would… | 如果她知道Michelle的死 我也… |
[34:33] | You’d know? | 你已经知道了? |
[34:35] | She’d tell you, right? | 她告诉你的 对吗? |
[34:36] | Even though you’re the major stakeholder in this firm? | 尽管你是这个公司的主要股东? |
[34:41] | That suicide note was written by a woman. | 那张自杀留言是个女人写的 |
[34:54] | Shake. | 握个手吧 |
[34:55] | You lied to me. | 你向我撒谎了 |
[34:57] | You covered up for the governor’s wife at the 11th hour. | 你在枪击发生时替州长夫人打掩护 |
[34:59] | I want my firm back. | 我要求你撤资 |
[35:00] | She picked me earlier today. | 今天她先选了我 |
[35:02] | She just needed a little more time. | 她只是需要一点时间 |
[35:04] | Shake his hand. | 跟他握手 |
[35:05] | I’ll be your witness. | 我做见证人 |
[35:11] | You know, these people… they don’t deserve your loyalty. | 这些人… 不值得你这么忠心 |
[35:15] | I think you’re better than that. | 我认为你潜力无限 |
[35:19] | I want to give you a chance to prove it. | 我会给你机会让你证明 |
[35:55] | What are you doing here? | 你们在这干什么? |
[35:58] | I told them. Addison left too many loose ends. | 我告诉他们了 Addison留下太多破绽 |
[36:01] | I don’t want to be involved anymore. | 我不想再纠缠于这件事了 |
[36:03] | Honey, no one’s going to take Clara’s word over yours. | 亲爱的 没人会信Clara而不信你的 |
[36:10] | Addison forced Michelle to keep his secret. | Addison强迫Michelle保守秘密 |
[36:12] | When she wouldn’t, he had her killed. | 当她守不住了 他就杀了她 |
[36:15] | She’s lying. | 她在撒谎 |
[36:16] | Can you prove it? | 你能证明吗? |
[36:18] | Yes. | 是的 |
[36:19] | The night of the fundraiser. | 筹款之夜 |
[36:21] | Addison rode home in my limo. You can ask my driver. | Addison开我的轿车回家 你可以去问我的司机 |
[36:24] | Governor Brooks, Michelle wasn’t driving the car | Brooks州长 Michelle没有驾驶那辆 |
[36:27] | that was involved in the hit and run. | 肇事逃逸的车 |
[36:29] | She took the fall for someone else. | 她在为某个人代罪 |
[36:31] | Well, it wasn’t Addison, and it certainly wasn’t me. | 好吧 不是Addison 那么肯定也不是我 |
[36:34] | Addison’s suicide note was written by a woman. | Addison的自杀留言是一个女人写的 |
[36:37] | It was a fake. | 是伪造的 |
[36:41] | Well, it could have been Clara. | 那么 可能是Clara |
[36:47] | Where were you the night of the hit and run, Mrs. Brooks? | Brooks夫人 事故当晚你在哪里? |
[36:53] | Well, Clara gave me a ride home from the fundraiser. | Clara从筹款现场送我回家 |
[36:56] | See, even he doesn’t believe that one. | 看看 甚至他都不相信你说的 |
[37:02] | Congratulations, governor. | 恭喜你 州长 |
[37:04] | Charles, we have to leave now. | Charles 我们得走了 |
[37:06] | Even you can’t be that stupid. | 你不可能那么愚钝 |
[37:10] | You must have sensed that something was going wrong. | 你一定觉察到了有些不对劲 |
[37:13] | They said it was nothing. | 他们说没什么 |
[37:15] | The FBI are going through your phone records | FBI会搜查你的通话记录 |
[37:16] | and personal hard drives. | 还有个人硬盘 |
[37:18] | Are they gonna find something about the shooter? | 他们会找到关于枪击者的东西吗? |
[37:20] | The shooter was a crazed, lone gunman. | 凶手是个疯子 一个独来独往的枪手 |
[37:22] | Is it the same one that you hired | 和你雇来杀死Addison的 |
[37:24] | to take care of Addison in the tub? | 是同一个人吗? |
[37:26] | I mean, are we gonna find him sitting on the beach somewhere | 我是说 我们会不会发现他正坐在某个沙滩上 |
[37:28] | counting your money? | 数着你给他的钱? |
[37:31] | Janet, is there any truth to what they’re saying? | Janet 他们说的是真的吗? |
[37:35] | Speech! Speech! Speech! Speech! | 演讲! 演讲! 演讲! 演讲! |
[37:40] | Janet, what did you do? | Janet 你做了什么? |
[37:43] | I was the one holding it all together. | 我是那个策划一切的人 |
[37:46] | I always have been. | 我一直都是 |
[37:47] | You always said I was your rock. | 你总是说我是你的后盾 |
[37:49] | Oh, God. | 噢 天啊 |
[37:50] | I was your rock, Charles. | 我是你坚强的后盾 Charles |
[37:52] | Charles. | Charles啊 |
[37:53] | No! | 不! |
[37:55] | I didn’t ask for this. | 我没有要求她这么做 |
[37:57] | Yeah, you did, actually, when you stopped asking questions. | 不 实际上 你的不过问就表示默许 |
[38:06] | Speech! Speech! Speech! Speech! | 演讲! 演讲! 演讲! 演讲! |
[38:08] | What can I do to make this right? | 我该做什么来弥补? |
[38:11] | Well, you could step down for starters. | 你可以退出竞选 |
[38:14] | Personal reasons, whatever. | 个人原因 不管是什么 |
[38:16] | I don’t care. | 我无所谓 |
[38:23] | Your public’s waiting for you, governor. | 你的公众在等你呢 州长 |
[38:44] | Speech! Speech! Speech! Speech! Speech! | 演讲! 演讲! 演讲! 演讲! 演讲! |
[39:06] | We could be a good team. | 我们会是一个很棒的团队 |
[39:08] | I got all the team I need. | 我会争取团队需要的一切人才 |
[39:12] | I know you respect the work we do here, Clara, but sign. | 我知道你很尊重我们的工作 Clara 签吧 |
[39:19] | It’s a pleasure doing business with you. | 跟你们合作很愉快 |
[39:22] | Oh, that’s an assassin’s gaze, if ever I saw one. | 噢 一个暗杀者的眼神 如果我见过的话 |
[39:25] | You said there was no such thing. | 你说过没这回事 |
[39:43] | Oy. | 嘿 |
[39:46] | Looking for this? | 在找这个么? |
[39:48] | What flavor is it? | 什么口味的? |
[39:50] | Pineapple. | 菠萝味 |
[39:51] | Yeah, it is here. | 是这个 |
[39:53] | So, you hit him? | 那么 你揍了他? |
[39:55] | You kissed him. | 你亲他了 |
[39:56] | Now he’ll never meddle again. | 他不会再干涉了 |
[39:58] | I mean, he may sue you, but at least he’ll never meddle. | 我是说 他可以告你 但最后他决定不再干涉了 |
[40:01] | So, what were you thinking? | 你怎么看? |
[40:03] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[40:04] | Oh, that rings true. | 喔 这倒是真的 |
[40:06] | Maybe kissing him was a little extreme. | 也许跟他接吻有点过了 |
[40:09] | Oh, you reckon, do you? | 喔 你这么认为? |
[40:10] | Yeah, but that makes me the apple that didn’t fall far from the tree. | 是的 但有其父必有其女 |
[40:13] | Oh, so, it’s my fault, then, is it? | 那这么说是我的错咯? |
[40:15] | Yeah. It’s good you admit this. | 是的 你承认就好 |
[40:17] | No, no, no, no. My point is | 不 不 不 不 我的意思是 |
[40:20] | That it’s not Loker’s fault, right? | 那不是Loker的错 对吗? |
[40:27] | What? | 什么? |
[40:33] | You didn’t. | 别说是你叫的 |
[40:34] | You did, didn’t you? | 是你 对吧? |
[40:46] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[40:50] | I know you were just trying to look out for her, right? | 我知道你只是想照看她 对吗? |
[40:56] | And I shouldn’t have hit you. | 我不应该揍你的 |
[41:00] | I was wrong. | 我错了 |
[41:03] | Physical violence… | 身体攻击… |
[41:06] | Right… is very, very wrong. | 大错… 特错 |
[41:12] | Apology accepted. | 接受道歉 |
[41:13] | Dad, come on. Don’t blow the apology. | 爸 拜托 别搞砸了 |
[41:19] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[41:21] | Probably should have seen it coming. | 也许我应该得到 |
[41:24] | What, the kiss? | 什么 那个吻? |
[41:25] | No, the punch. | 不 那一拳 |
[41:28] | You’re emotional wildfire where Emily’s concerned. | 只要跟Emily有关 你就控制不住自己 |
[41:34] | Bit of ice cream? | 要来点冰激凌吗? |
[41:36] | It’s pineapple. | 菠萝味的 |
[41:40] | I like beer. | 我喜欢啤酒 |
[41:43] | Go in. Help yourself. | 进来吧 自己拿 |
[41:45] | First on the left. | 左边第一层 |
[41:47] | Ok. | 好 |
[41:59] | What if I hadn’t apologized? | 要是我不道歉呢? |
[42:01] | Ooh! | 噢! |
[42:06] | Good girl. | 乖女儿 |
[42:07] | Good girl. | 乖女儿 |