时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Tunnel vision. That’s our story. | 一叶障目 这就是我们要讲的故事 |
[00:08] | Target wasn’t Lara Elliott. | 目标不是拉拉埃利奥特 |
[00:09] | It was her boyfriend who was killed by another jealous husband, Anton Shavar. | 是她的情人被另一位怒火中烧的丈夫 安东史瓦尔杀掉了 |
[00:13] | Dangerous man, the cops never looked into him. | 那是个危险的人 可警察从来没有调查过他 |
[00:16] | You should look into this one. Carol Dubois. | 你最好看看这个 卡罗尔杜布瓦 |
[00:18] | The insurance lady. | 那个卖保险的女人? |
[00:20] | Alibi or no alibi, there is something off about her. | 在不在场 她都有些不太对劲 |
[00:23] | The guy you went to see was your client? | 你去看的那个人是你的客户吗? |
[00:25] | Yeah. Jesús Menendez. He’s doing 15 years for murder. | 对 热苏斯梅内德斯 因为谋杀判了15年 还在服刑 |
[00:29] | You asked me what my trigger was. | 你问过我是什么让我磕上药的 |
[00:31] | When he got sentenced, I just shut down. | 他的判决下来时 我就麻木了 |
[00:34] | Pills helped me do it. | 是毒品帮我挺过这一切 |
[00:36] | Mr. Soto is charged with human trafficking and slave labor. | 索托先生被指控贩卖人口和强迫劳动 |
[00:39] | I want to get away from him. I want a new start for my daughter. | 我想离开他 我想为了我女儿开始新的生活 |
[00:44] | That missing money of Jerry’s… | 杰瑞账户里有笔钱不见了… |
[00:45] | What if the money was for a bribe? | 如果这笔钱是用来贿赂的呢? |
[00:48] | How’d you bribe a juror months before there’s even a jury panel? | 你是怎么在陪审团成立前几个月 就能贿赂陪审员的? |
[00:52] | You planted somebody. | 你安排好了人 |
[00:54] | I’m an engineer at Lockheed Martin. | 我是航空工程师 在洛克希德马丁工作 |
[00:56] | I’m single and I live in Palos Verdes. | 单身 住在帕洛斯弗迪斯 |
[00:58] | It’s juror number seven, isn’t it? | 就是7号陪审员 对不对? |
[01:00] | – All I know is he’s paid for. – I thought you had investors. | -我只知道他被买通了 -我记得你拉到了投资 |
[01:03] | I had a roommate in college named Pavel Kosevich. I know. | 我有一个大学室友 叫帕维尔科塞维奇 我知道 |
[01:07] | His father’s name is Sergei Kosevich. | 他爸爸叫谢尔盖科塞维奇 |
[01:10] | This is not a man you fuck with, Mickey. | 米奇 不要跟这种人胡来 |
[01:12] | That’s why they’re following me. That’s why my car is bugged. | 这就是他们跟踪我的原因 这就是我的车被窃听的原因 |
[01:15] | They need my company’s acquisition to go through. | 他们需要我公司完成并购交易 |
[01:18] | If I get convicted, that doesn’t happen. | 如果我被定罪 那就全泡汤了 |
[01:21] | They’ll tie up every loose end they have to. Do you understand? | 他们会把一切需要灭的口都灭掉 你明白吗? |
[01:24] | That means you, that means your family. | 这就是说 你自己和你全家 NETFLIX 剧集 |
[01:46] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[01:48] | Well, nobody answered the front door. So figured you were out here. | 前门没人应门 所以我猜你在这里 |
[01:54] | What can’t you tell me over the phone? | 你有什么事不能在电话里告诉我? |
[01:58] | I need something. It has to stay between us. All right? | 我需要办一件事情 但是只能你知我知 好吗? |
[02:04] | Get caught, they’ll take your license away and that’s just to start. | 要是你被抓住了就会丢掉执照 那还只是开始而已 |
[02:08] | Who do you need me to kill? | 你要我杀谁? |
[02:11] | No, I… | 不是 我… |
[02:13] | No, Cisco, I want you to find out everything you can | 不是干掉谁 西斯科 我希望你尽可能了解 |
[02:15] | about juror number seven. | 关于7号陪审员的一切情况 |
[02:17] | Well, that’s not just dicey for me. I mean, jury’s anonymous. | 我看这可不止是冒险 陪审员都是匿名的 |
[02:21] | If they catch me doing this, you could get disbarred. | 如果我干这种事情被抓住 你的律师资格可能也会保不住 |
[02:24] | Well, don’t let them catch you then. | 那就不要被人抓住 |
[02:26] | I’m out of options, Cisco. | 西斯科 我别无选择了 |
[02:28] | An old pile of dog shit doesn’t smell unless you step in it. | 死人的旧账 你不提没人会在乎 |
[02:31] | And you didn’t commit a crime, Mick. | 米克 犯罪的又不是你 |
[02:34] | And how the hell could Jerry Vincent bribe a juror before they even have a jury pool? | 陪审员候选人团都没组成之前 杰瑞文森特怎么可能贿赂陪审员? |
[02:40] | I don’t know. But he did. And Trevor knew. | 我不知道 但他就是做到了 而且特雷弗知情 |
[02:42] | Well, then it’s privileged. | 这样的话就是律师客户特权了 |
[02:45] | I mean, even if I find something, aren’t you prohibited from reporting it? | 就算我发现了什么 你不是也无权举报吗? |
[02:49] | Yes. Unless I know about a crime that’s about to be committed. | 对 除非我知道有罪行即将发生 |
[02:53] | Then I have to report it. | 那我就必须报告 |
[02:55] | The bribe’s already been paid. | 贿赂已经发生了 |
[02:56] | Not bribery. Jury tampering. | 不是贿赂 是谋篡陪审团 |
[02:59] | That only occurs when the jury actually deliberates. | 只有陪审团真正进入审议阶段 贿赂的罪名才会成立 |
[03:03] | If Jerry had gotten his continuance, | 如果杰瑞搞定了他想要的延期 |
[03:06] | it would be a completely different jury pool. | 案子会交给另外一个陪审员候选人团 |
[03:10] | Is that why they whacked him? | 这就是他们除掉他的原因吗? |
[03:11] | I’m telling you that’s why I need to know exactly what I’m dealing with. | 我正在跟你解释 为什么我得弄清楚我在处理什么情况 |
[03:16] | That’s why I need to know about juror number seven and this guy. | 所以我需要了解 7号陪审员和这个家伙 (目击者称俄罗斯亿万富翁科塞维奇 与有组织犯罪有关) |
[03:32] | Attorney-client privilege. | 律师客户特权 |
[03:33] | Whatever you tell your lawyer is confidential | 意味着你跟你的律师所说的一切 都是保密的 |
[03:36] | but everything has limits. | 但是凡事都有度 |
[03:37] | If you tell me about a crime you committed, I can’t do anything. | 如果你告诉我你已犯下的罪行 我绝不能向外披露 |
[03:40] | But if you tell me about a crime you’re going to commit | 但如果你告诉我的是 你将要犯下的罪行 |
[03:42] | and you’re using my services to pull it off, | 而你正在使用我的服务以求全身而退 |
[03:45] | then I’m required to do something about it. | 那么我就得遵守规章制度行事 |
[03:47] | Makes sense in theory, but don’t you have a duty to yourself? | 理论上是有道理的 但你对自己就没有责任了吗? |
[03:51] | What do you do when reporting it might get you killed? | 如果举报可能会让你丢掉性命 你会怎么办? |
[03:55] | – This is Haller. – Had any epiphanies about that bribe? | -我是哈勒 -贿赂那件事灵光闪现了吗? |
[03:59] | – Well, I just… – Haller. | -我就是… -哈勒 |
[04:02] | Just… | 就是… (驳回) |
[04:06] | Listen, um… I think we’re just chasing our tails with this one. | 听好了…我觉得这件事 我们纯粹是在瞎忙活 |
[04:12] | – My investigator dug into it. – The biker with the beard? | -我的调查员调查过了 -那个留胡子的摩托车骑手? |
[04:15] | – Maybe Jerry bought a boat after all. – There’s no fucking boat. | -也许杰瑞还是买了条船 -他妈的没有什么船 |
[04:19] | You holding something back from me? | 你对我有什么隐瞒吗? |
[04:21] | It occurred to me, if there is a bribe in the Elliott case, it might benefit you. | 我突然想到 如果埃利奥特的案子 牵扯到贿赂 可能会对你有利 |
[04:25] | You know what, Griggs? | 格雷戈斯 你知道吗? |
[04:26] | I’m gonna pretend I didn’t hear that. Gotta go. | 我会假装没听到你的鬼话 我得挂了 |
[04:30] | Shit. | 见鬼 |
[04:33] | Is something going on? | 有什么事吗? |
[04:57] | Let’s go. First day of trial. I wanna beat the traffic. | 咱们走把 庭审第一天 我不想堵在路上 |
[05:07] | Um… | |
[05:09] | Car’s not starting. | 打不着火 |
[05:11] | Did you notice anything wrong with it yesterday? | 你昨天觉察到什么问题了吗? |
[05:15] | No. | 没有 -没有 -妈的 见鬼 |
[05:16] | – No. – Shit. Damn it. | 没有 -没有 -妈的 见鬼 |
[05:20] | Let’s take your car and you can pick up the other Lincoln | 那我们坐你的车过去 你把我送到之后 |
[05:23] | after you drop me off. All right? Come on. Let’s go. | 再去开另一辆林肯车过来 好吗? 咱们快走吧 |
[05:35] | – What just happened? – I’ll explain later. Come on. Gotta hurry. | -刚才发生了什么? -我回头解释 走吧 得快点 |
[05:44] | Superior Court of the state of California is now in session. | 加利福尼亚州高等法院现在开庭 |
[05:47] | County of Los Angeles. LA-213497. | 洛杉矶县 案件编号LA-213497 |
[05:51] | The People of California vs. Trevor Elliott, | 加利福尼亚人民诉特雷弗埃利奥特案 |
[05:54] | the honorable Judge James P. Stanton presiding. | 由詹姆斯P斯丹顿法官大人主审 |
[05:57] | Please come to order. | 请遵守法庭秩序 |
[05:59] | Mr. Golantz, opening statement. | 葛兰兹先生 你可以开始了 |
[06:04] | Members of the jury, good morning. | 各位陪审员 上午好 |
[06:08] | I’m Jeffrey Golantz. I’m a deputy district attorney. | 我是地区副检察官 杰夫瑞葛兰兹 |
[06:12] | And we’re all here today to serve one objective. Justice. | 我们今天在这里只有一个目标 正义 |
[06:18] | You’re here to serve justice by answering a simple question. | 你们来这里只要回答一个简单的问题 就可以伸张正义 |
[06:22] | Did the defendant, Trevor Elliott, murder his wife and her lover? | 即被告特雷弗埃利奥特 是否谋杀了他的妻子和她的情人? |
[06:27] | I’m here to provide you with that answer. | 我在此是要为你们 提供这个问题的答案 |
[06:30] | Which is unequivocally, yes. | 答案是毫无疑问的“是” |
[06:32] | Over the next few days, | 在接下来的几天里 |
[06:33] | we’ll show Mr. Elliott had both motive and opportunity to commit this crime | 我们将展示 埃利奥特先生 既有犯罪动机也有作案机会 |
[06:38] | and we will present you with ample evidence proving that he did so. | 并向你们出示充分的证据 证明他的确是杀人凶手 |
[06:42] | We’ll listen to the 911 call. Hear from the deputies on the scene. | 我们会回放911报警电话录音 听取现场勘察人员的意见 |
[06:47] | Consider the defendant’s every action. | 仔细考虑被告的一举一动 |
[06:51] | And by the end, I am confident that you will come to the inescapable conclusion, | 到最后 我相信你们会得出 确凿无误的结论 |
[06:55] | that Trevor Elliott fired the gun | 即特雷弗埃利奥特开枪射杀了 |
[06:57] | that killed both Lara Elliott and Jan Rilz. | 拉拉埃利奥特和杨瑞尔兹 |
[07:08] | Let’s start with a little background. | 让我们先介绍一点背景 |
[07:11] | Just who is Trevor Elliott, anyway? Well… | 到底谁是特雷弗埃利奥特?好吧… |
[07:14] | Opening statements are special. | 开场白有着特殊的意义 |
[07:16] | Your chance to bond with the jury right out of the gate. | 你有机会迅速与陪审团建立起关系 |
[07:19] | But go on for too long, you’ll lose them. | 但喋喋不休会让他们不耐烦 |
[07:22] | Mr. Elliott’s company | 埃利奥特先生的公司 |
[07:23] | produced one of the best-selling video games of all time. | 制作了有史以来 最畅销的电子游戏之一 |
[07:27] | You will learn that he is a man of unchecked power and wealth, | 你们会了解到他拥有大量权力和财富 |
[07:30] | unwilling to part with what he considered to be his and only his. | 想要独占任何东西的话 就绝不会放手 |
[07:34] | – And you’ll also learn… – That’s not my style. | -你们还会了解到… -那不是我的风格 |
[07:36] | I’m interested in quick jabs. | 我喜欢简明扼要 |
[07:38] | Land your points, plant some seeds, raise a few doubts. | 讲明道理、埋下伏笔、引出疑问 |
[07:41] | But always leave them wanting more. | 但一直要让他们保持好奇心 |
[07:43] | We will show you the exact moment Mr. Elliott realized | 我们会向你们展示 埃利奥特先生发现 |
[07:47] | that his wife and her lover were together. | 他的妻子和她的情人在一起的那一刻 |
[07:50] | The anger and the humiliation that led him to… | 愤怒和羞辱导致他… |
[07:53] | The other thing about openings and closings, | 而且开场和结尾 |
[07:56] | it’s the only time you can use a proving ground. | 是你唯一可以利用论证场地的时候 |
[07:58] | – The what now? – The space right in front of the jury box. | -什么? -陪审团的正对面 |
[08:01] | The one spot where you can address the jury face-to-face. | 是你唯一可以 跟陪审团面对面交流的地方 |
[08:04] | Where the Mickey Haller charm comes in handy. | 米奇哈勒的魅力就派上用场了 |
[08:06] | If they like me, they like my case. | 他们喜欢我的话就会喜欢我的辩护 |
[08:09] | I’m all out of time here, folks. But common sense will guide you. | 各位 我的时间快用完了 但是接下来常识会指引你们 |
[08:15] | Now the defense will try to sidetrack you with roadblocks to justice, | 现在辩方会在你们通向正义的路上 设置种种障碍 |
[08:18] | but keep your eyes on the prize. | 但是你们要盯紧目标 |
[08:21] | You just remember, two people had their lives stolen from them. | 各位要牢记 他夺走了两条生命 |
[08:28] | We’re here for them. | 要为他们伸张正义 |
[08:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[08:39] | Mr. Haller? | 哈勒先生? |
[08:42] | Well, Your Honor, that was… That was quite an address. | 法官大人 这真是… 这真是一场长篇大论 |
[08:47] | I wonder if we shouldn’t give the jury a few minutes to stretch their legs. | 我看是不是应该 给陪审团几分钟时间放松一下 |
[08:53] | – Just make your opening, Mr. Haller. – Of course, Your Honor. | -你就开始吧 哈勒先生 -遵命 法官大人 |
[08:57] | Ladies and gentlemen, good morning. My name is Mickey Haller. | 女士们、先生们 早上好 我叫米奇哈勒 |
[09:01] | I’m a defense attorney. This is my client, Trevor Elliott. | 我是一名辩护律师 这位是我的委托人 特雷弗埃利奥特 |
[09:07] | I know you’ve heard some things about him. | 我知道你们对他有所耳闻 |
[09:09] | But I ask only, please keep an open mind until you’ve heard everything. | 但我请各位保持开放的心态 耐心倾听本案的方方面面 |
[09:14] | I’m gonna be brief today because what I really want is to get to this evidence | 我今天的发言会简短一些 因为我真正想看到的是 |
[09:18] | Mr. Golantz keeps promising. For instance, the gun. | 葛兰兹先生一直承诺的 所谓证据 比如作案用的枪 |
[09:22] | Now, I counted six times he used the word gun in his speech. | 我记录了一下 他发言时一共提到了六次枪 |
[09:26] | Six times he told you | 他亲口说了六次 |
[09:27] | Mr. Elliott used a gun to murder his wife and an innocent bystander. | 埃利奥特先生枪杀了 他的妻子和一位无辜的旁观者 |
[09:33] | What he didn’t tell you six times is the prosecution has no gun | 这六次里他没有告诉你们的是 检方没有关于枪的证据 |
[09:37] | and no way to connect Mr. Elliott to a gun | 也没有办法 把埃利奥特先生和枪支联系起来 |
[09:40] | because Mr. Elliott has never used or had one. | 因为埃利奥特先生既从未使用过 也从未拥有过任何枪支 |
[09:44] | You see, none of this matters to the police | 你们看 这些在警察眼里都不重要 |
[09:46] | because for them it’s clear that once the focus of the investigation | 因为在他们看来 一旦调查的焦点锁定埃利奥特先生 |
[09:50] | turned to Mr. Elliott, that was it. They didn’t see anything else. | 这就是板上钉钉的事了 他们眼里就没有别的可能性了 |
[09:55] | And they never looked into other potential suspects or evidence. | 于是他们从未调查过 其他潜在的嫌疑人或证据 |
[09:59] | They didn’t care about that. | 他们根本就不在乎 |
[10:01] | They had their suspect. | 杜撰出心目中的嫌疑人之后 |
[10:04] | And they never looked back. | 他们从没有复盘推演别的情形 |
[10:06] | Ladies and gentlemen, this case is about tunnel vision. | 女士们先生们 本案的问题在于检方一叶障目 |
[10:10] | The focus on one suspect and the complete lack of focus on anything else. | 只盯着一位嫌疑人 却对其他任何事情都不管不问 |
[10:16] | I promise, once you get out of the other side of the prosecution’s tunnel, | 我保证你们 一旦拿掉检方蒙在眼睛上的叶子 |
[10:20] | you will be squinting at the sunlight, wondering where their case is. | 你们会发现光天白日之下 他们的无谓指控是多么站不住脚 |
[10:29] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[10:48] | Ah. | |
[10:49] | – Carol, was it? – Tell me something. | -你是卡罗尔? -跟我好好说说 |
[10:53] | – How do you sleep at night? – Excuse me? | -你这种人晚上怎么能睡安稳? -什么? |
[10:57] | You lawyers are all alike. You use people to get what you need. | 你们律师都是一路货色 为了达到目的不惜利用别人 |
[11:02] | Well, I’m going to be here until the end | 我会一直看到最后 |
[11:07] | to enjoy watching the jury convict your client. | 开心地看着你那客户被陪审团定罪 |
[11:10] | He’s a monster. | 他是个禽兽 |
[11:12] | He killed my friend. | 他杀了我的朋友 |
[11:15] | I’m actually not a lawyer. | 其实我不是律师 |
[11:19] | I’m just gonna go. | 我得走了 |
[11:26] | Soto’s girlfriend. You think she’ll come through? | 索托的女朋友 你觉得她会合作吗? |
[11:28] | Yeah. She’s a survivor. | 可以吧 她很顽强 |
[11:30] | Tanya plays dumb, but she keeps her eyes open. | 谭雅虽然人前装傻 但她眼观四路 |
[11:33] | She sees everything. I just hope your ex didn’t screw up our deal. | 她目睹了一切 我只希望你前夫没搞砸我们的协定锤 |
[11:37] | He protected his client. Which means she’s ready to go after Soto. | 他保护了他的客户 谭雅已经准备好要对付索托了 |
[11:40] | Good. So am I. | 好 我也准备好了 |
[11:43] | How’s my favorite cop? | 我最喜欢的警察怎么样了? |
[11:45] | That’s a short list. | 这名单一定很长吧 |
[11:47] | Janelle signed off, with help from the Victim’s Compensation Fund. | 珍妮签署了协议 受害者赔偿基金帮忙出了钱 |
[11:51] | Relocation and support for an entire year. You drove a hard bargain. | 异地安置外加资助 为期一年 这笔买卖不好谈 你干得不错 |
[11:56] | That’s why you wanted me, right? Where’s Hayley? | 这就是你要我接手的原因 对吧? 海莉在哪里? |
[12:00] | Where she always is. Don’t take it personally, she speaks teenager now. | 她的老地方 她说什么你别往心里去 她已经进入青春期了 |
[12:04] | Well, thanks for bringing her. Thanks for bringing yourself, too. | 谢谢你把她带过来 也谢谢你过来 |
[12:08] | I’m happy to see you back on your feet. | 我很高兴你重回正轨 |
[12:11] | Ah, speaking of Tanya, I need to see her later. | 说起谭雅 我待会儿得见她一面 |
[12:15] | – I gotta find a ride for Hayley to go to… – I could take Hayley. If that would help. | -我得找个车让海莉去… -要是能帮你的话 我可以带上海莉 |
[12:20] | Sure, if it’s not too much trouble. | 要是不给你添麻烦的话当然可以 |
[12:22] | It’s no trouble. And I, uh… I kinda wanna get out of here. | 不麻烦 而且我也想离开这里了 |
[12:26] | Maggie, if you’re working late, Lorna can bring her by my place later. | 玛姬 如果你要加班的话 劳娜可以稍晚一点送她到我家来 |
[12:31] | – It’s okay. You’re buried, too. So… – She can do her homework while I prep. | -算了 你也很忙 所以… -她做作业的时候我可以准备案子 |
[12:36] | Okay. We’ll see how it goes. | 好吧 我们看情况而定吧 |
[12:38] | Um, thanks, Lorna. I’ll just… I’ll tell her. | 谢谢你 劳娜 我这就去… 我去跟她说一声 |
[12:42] | Now, at this point, Mr. Elliott had already led you through the house? | 到这里时 埃利奥特先生 已经带你们穿过房子了? |
[12:45] | Yes, my partner and I asked him to retrace his steps for us. | 对 我和我的搭档 让他带我们重走了他的路线 |
[12:49] | Deputy Murray, did you notice anything unusual about Mr. Elliott’s demeanor | 穆雷副警探 埃利奥特先生 带你们穿过房子时 你是否注意到 |
[12:53] | as he led you through the house? | 他有没有任何异样的举止? |
[12:54] | Objection. Calls for speculation. | 反对 这是要求推测 |
[12:56] | Overruled. It’s the officer’s observations. He can speak. | 否决反对 这是询问警官的意见 他可以回答 |
[13:02] | Well, the whole time we were there, Mr. Elliott showed no emotion at all. | 我们整个出警过程中 埃利奥特先生 完全没有表现出任何情绪 |
[13:06] | Not when he stepped over the boyfriend’s body. | 他跨过情夫的尸体时面无表情 |
[13:08] | Nor when he pointed out his wife’s body. | 指认自己妻子的尸体时也面无表情 |
[13:11] | When he pointed her out, what did he say? | 他指认妻子时说了什么话? |
[13:14] | He just said, “That’s my wife. I’m pretty sure she’s dead.” | 他只有一句话 “那是我妻子 我很确定她死了” |
[13:18] | And did the defendant volunteer any opinion or information | 被告是否主动供认任何意见或信息 |
[13:21] | as to who might have done this? | 可以推断谁可能是凶手? |
[13:22] | No, only that he didn’t do it. | 没有 他只说了自己不是凶手 |
[13:25] | I’m sorry. What was that? | 对不起 您说什么? |
[13:29] | Uh, on three separate occasions, Mr. Elliott spontaneously stated | 在三个不同的场合 埃利奥特先生主动说明 |
[13:33] | that he did not kill anyone. | 他没有杀任何人 |
[13:35] | So, without any emotion, he walks you through his wife’s murder scene, | 也就是说 他不带任何情绪地 带你们检视了他妻子的被害现场 |
[13:40] | and then completely unprompted, he insisted he didn’t do it. | 然后在完全没有提示的情况下 他坚称自己不是行凶的人 |
[13:45] | Yes, three times. | 对 说了三次 |
[13:48] | Thank you, Deputy. Nothing further. | 谢谢你 副警探 我没有问题了 |
[13:55] | Cross examination? | 辩方是否要盘问? |
[13:58] | May I? | 可以吗? |
[14:02] | Deputy Murray, | 穆雷副警探 |
[14:03] | now, at the time of this incident, you were a rookie. Is that correct? | 案发时你还是个新手 对吗? |
[14:09] | That is correct. | 对 |
[14:11] | Don’t be nervous. | 别紧张 |
[14:12] | Despite what Mr. Golantz may have told you, I don’t bite. | 尽管葛兰兹先生可能这么说过 但我不咬人 |
[14:17] | How long have you been on the force? | 你在警队多长时间了? |
[14:19] | Last week was my one-year anniversary on patrol. | 到上周我做巡警满一年时间 |
[14:22] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[14:24] | So, Deputy, at this point in the day, how long had you been on the scene? | 好 副警探 出警那天到此刻为止 你到现场有多久了? |
[14:29] | I would say, two minutes. | 要我说的话 两分钟吧 |
[14:31] | But my body cam would corroborate the exact time. | 但我的执法记录仪能证实确切的时间 |
[14:34] | Two minutes and your partner has his gun drawn. | 两分钟 你的搭档就已经把枪拿出来了 |
[14:37] | Did he draw it as soon as you arrived? | 你们一到场他枪就出鞘了吗? |
[14:40] | I don’t recall. I was focused on the defendant. | 我不记得了 我的注意力在被告身上 |
[14:43] | Was Mr. Elliott under arrest at this point? | 埃利奥特先生此时是否已经被捕? |
[14:45] | No, he was not. | 没有 |
[14:48] | Why are you handcuffing him? | 你们为什么要给他戴上手铐? |
[14:52] | He had voluntarily agreed to be handcuffed. | 他自愿同意戴上手铐 |
[14:55] | We had a potentially volatile situation | 我们面对的情况不稳定 |
[14:58] | and I explained it would be best for his safety and ours | 所以我解释说 我们确保房屋安全之前让他戴着手铐 |
[15:00] | if we could handcuff him until we secured the premises. | 对他和我们的安全都是最好的保障 |
[15:03] | That was a very well-rehearsed answer. | 这真是个精心排练过的应答 |
[15:07] | – Objection, Your Honor. – Sustained. | -反对 法官大人 -反对有效 |
[15:09] | Jury will disregard that last remark. | 陪审团请无视最后一句评论 |
[15:11] | Was Mr. Elliott aware that he was not under arrest? | 埃利奥特先生当时知道 他还没有被捕吗? |
[15:14] | Yes. We told him. | 知道 我们跟他说明了这一点 |
[15:16] | Yet his hands are being cuffed behind, not in front. | 可是他的手被反铐在背后 而不是在身前 |
[15:21] | We are not allowed to handcuff a sus… | 我们不能把手铐给一个嫌… |
[15:24] | A subject in the front. | 涉案人带在前面 |
[15:26] | A subject. What does that mean? | 涉案人 这是什么意思? |
[15:29] | A subject is anyone involved in a murder investigation. | 涉案人指任何牵扯上谋杀案的人 |
[15:34] | – Someone who’s arrested? – Including that, yes. | -就是说被捕的人? -对 包括 |
[15:36] | But again, Mr. Elliott was not under arrest. | 但再说一遍 埃利奥特先生当时尚未被捕 |
[15:41] | Right. Deputy, at what point did your partner put his weapon away? | 好吧 副警探 你的搭档 什么时候把他的武器收起来的? |
[15:47] | After we searched and secured the premises. | 在我们搜查并确保房屋没有危险之后 |
[15:50] | You mean, after Mr. Elliott walked you through the entire crime scene? | 你是说 在埃利奥特先生 带你们巡视整个犯罪现场之后? |
[15:54] | Correct. | 对 |
[15:55] | A man is being led through his own house in handcuffs by two police officers, | 一名男子被两名警察带上手铐 巡视自己的房子 |
[16:00] | one of whom has his gun drawn, | 其中一个警察的枪已经出鞘 |
[16:02] | and you’re saying it’s odd this man would feel the need to declare his innocence? | 可是你现在声称 这个人觉得有必要自称清白很奇怪? |
[16:07] | – I… I guess it seemed odd, yes. – You guess? | -对 我猜这看起来很奇怪 -你猜? |
[16:13] | Deputy, after securing the house, | 副警探 检视房屋之后 |
[16:15] | did you take the handcuffs off Mr. Elliott? | 你们有没有打开 埃利奥特先生的手铐? |
[16:17] | No. We placed him in the back of the vehicle. | 没有 我们让他坐在车的后排座位上 |
[16:20] | It’s against procedure to place a subject in the vehicle without handcuffs. | 不戴手铐就让涉案人上车违反程序 |
[16:23] | That’s that word again. “Subject.” | 又是“涉案人”这个说法 |
[16:26] | All right, Deputy, so, if he wanted to, | 好吧 副警探 那么如果他想要的话 |
[16:29] | could he have opened the door and gotten out? | 他能打开门下车吗? |
[16:32] | No, the doors have security locks. | 不能 门有安全锁 |
[16:35] | Okay, so, he was secured in the back of a police car | 好的 这就是说 他被锁在一辆警车的后排 |
[16:39] | with his hands cuffed behind his back. | 双手被铐在背后 |
[16:41] | That’s right. | 对 |
[16:43] | But he was not under arrest? | 但是他还没有被捕? |
[16:45] | No, he was not. | 对 没有 |
[16:48] | One more thing, | 还有一个问题 |
[16:49] | you said when Mr. Elliott walked you through the house, | 你说埃利奥特先生带你们穿过房子时 |
[16:51] | he showed no emotion. | 他面无表情 |
[16:53] | That’s right. | 对 |
[16:55] | Are you a trained psychologist, Deputy? | 副警探 你是受过培训的心理学家吗? |
[16:57] | – Objection. Argumentative. – Sustained. | -反对纠缠证人 -反对有效 |
[17:00] | Rephrase the question. | 换个措辞提问 |
[17:01] | Deputy, do you believe there’s a correct emotional response to trauma? | 副警探 你相信 对创伤有正确的情绪反应吗? |
[17:07] | I would think that if someone stumbled upon their wife’s body | 我认为 如果有人在妻子被谋杀后 偶然间发现她的尸体 |
[17:11] | after she’d been murdered, they would at least react. | 他们至少会有些反应 |
[17:16] | React. How exactly? | 反应 具体点说呢? |
[17:19] | – Cry, maybe? – Is one tear enough? | -也许会哭吧? -掉一滴眼泪算吗? |
[17:22] | What if somebody cries for, like, five minutes and then laughs? | 如果有人哭了五分钟 然后笑起来怎么办? |
[17:26] | Objection. Argumentative. | 反对 根据《证据法》第352条 这是纠缠证人 |
[17:29] | Sustained. Counsel, move it along. | 反对有效 律师 换个方向继续 |
[17:32] | Deputy, can you tell us why you found my client’s behavior unusual? | 副警探 你能告诉我们 为什么你觉得我客户的行为反常吗? |
[17:37] | Based on my experience, I’d never seen anything like it. | 根据我的经验 我从来没见过这样的事情 |
[17:41] | Oh. Of course, of course. Your experience. | 当然了 你的经验 |
[17:44] | And on this day, how long had you been on the job? | 案发那天你入职多久了? |
[17:49] | Almost seven months. | 接近七个月 |
[17:50] | Were you even through your probationary period? | 你甚至还没出试用期吧? |
[17:54] | No, I was not. | 对 还在试用期内 |
[17:57] | But you’re sure he was not under arrest? | 但你确定他没有被捕? |
[17:59] | I’m sure. | 确定 |
[18:01] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 没有问题了 法官大人 |
[18:09] | Hey. Excellent job. | 嘿 干得漂亮 |
[18:12] | We’ve given our juror something to work with. | 我们已经给陪审员一些东西 好好思考了 |
[18:17] | Deputy Murray, how long prior to your arrival | 穆雷副警探 摄像师到达谋杀现场 |
[18:20] | did the videographer arrive at the murder scene? | 比你早多长时间? |
[18:23] | I’m not positive, | 我不确定 |
[18:24] | but there’s at least three minutes of footage there before we arrived. | 但至少有三分钟的录像 是在我们到达之前录下的 |
[18:28] | Now, when you arrived, did Mr. Elliott seem worried or panicked? | 你们到达时 埃利奥特先生看起来 是担心还是恐慌? |
[18:33] | No, he was very calm. | 都没有 他非常镇定 |
[18:36] | What was he doing? | 他当时在做什么? |
[18:38] | I can’t say for certain, but it looked like he was scrolling through his email. | 我不能确定 但看起来他在看他的电子邮件 |
[18:42] | For all he knows, | 反对 根据我客户所知 |
[18:44] | my client was looking for news about a killer on the loose. | 他在搜索是否有凶手逃窜的新闻 |
[18:46] | Sustained. The jury will not consider that last response as evidence. | 反对有效 陪审团不可采信 刚才最后一条回答作为证据 |
[18:52] | Nothing further. | 没有问题了 |
[19:11] | How do you think I’m doing? | 你觉得我表现如何? |
[19:13] | Eh. | |
[19:15] | That advantage you used to have. | 你们以前有过的优势 |
[19:18] | The automatic assumption that cops are honest and trustworthy? | 警察都诚实而且值得信赖的自动假设 |
[19:22] | Not so much these days. | 都是以前的事了 |
[19:23] | Yeah. If you had a different client, I might agree. | 如果你这客户是别人 我可能会同意 |
[19:26] | Nobody likes a rich, white douchebag. | 没有人喜欢一个有钱的白人混蛋 |
[19:31] | I’m glad you weren’t Trevor’s lawyer from the start. | 我很高兴特雷弗一开始 没有找你做律师 |
[19:34] | You would have been smart enough not to put that video in discovery. | 你很聪明的 不会把那段视频放在证据开示里 (西部妇产科诊所) |
[20:05] | Have a nice day. | 再见 |
[20:08] | – Your name? – Tanya Cruz. | -您的名字是? -谭雅克鲁兹 |
[20:20] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 (女) |
[20:46] | I thought you were coming alone. | 我还以为你会自己一个人来 |
[20:47] | He changed his mind last minute. Does he know about us? | 他最后一刻改变了主意 他知道我们的事情吗? |
[20:51] | No, he doesn’t. And we’ll be quick. | 他不知道 而且我们得快点 |
[20:55] | Tanya, my detective is recording this for clarity | 谭雅 我的警探 为了清楚起见 正在录音 |
[20:59] | because I can’t act as a witness. | 因为我不能作为证人 |
[21:01] | We’ve agreed to the terms of your deal. So, now it’s your turn. | 我们已经同意你们的交易条件 所以现在该你行动了 |
[21:04] | Tell us what you know about Soto’s involvement | 告诉我们你对索托罪行的了解 |
[21:07] | in the murder of David Loresca or any other crimes. | 不管是谋杀大卫洛雷斯卡 或者任何其他事情 |
[21:13] | Tanya? | 谭雅? |
[21:15] | I had a friend from Cebu City, like myself. | 我有一个来自宿雾市的朋友 我也是宿雾人 |
[21:20] | She worked at one of his nursing homes. | 她在索托的一个疗养院工作 |
[21:22] | About two years ago, | 大约两年前 |
[21:24] | she went to an immigration lawyer to ask about her rights. | 她去找移民律师询问她的权利 |
[21:29] | He wanted her to speak to the authorities. | 律师希望她向当局报告 |
[21:32] | So… she asked if I thought it was a good idea. | 所以…她问我这是不是个好主意 |
[21:37] | – She asked some other people, too. – And Soto found out? | -她也问了别人 -索托发现了吗? |
[21:40] | I expected him to be furious, but he just told her not to do it again. | 我以为索托会生气 但他只是告诉她下不为例 |
[21:45] | That night I drove him to a flower shop. | 那天晚上我开车带他去了一家花店 |
[21:49] | I waited in the car for 30 minutes. I was worried. | 我在车里等了30分钟 我很担心 |
[21:55] | Then he came out with some flowers for me and we went home. | 然后他带着一些花出来送给我 我们就回家了 |
[22:00] | But the next day… | 但是第二天… |
[22:04] | my friend was gone. He said he put her on a flight home. | 我的朋友不见了 索托说他安排她坐飞机回家了 |
[22:09] | No one asked questions, but I knew she was dead. | 没有人问任何问题 但我知道她已经死了 |
[22:14] | I was just too scared to tell anybody. | 我真太害怕了 不敢告诉任何人 |
[22:19] | You’re telling me now. | 你现在告诉我了 |
[22:28] | Yes, I have an opening on Thursday at 11:30. | 对 我星期四11点30分有个位置 |
[22:33] | Tanya, did Soto say or do anything to confirm he had your friend killed? | 谭雅 索托有没有说过或做过什么 能确认他杀了你的朋友? |
[22:39] | I should go now. | 我得马上走了 有纸质记录、短信或者任何东西吗? |
[22:39] | Is there a paper trail, text messages, anything? | 我得马上走了 有纸质记录、短信或者任何东西吗? |
[22:43] | No. | 没有 |
[22:45] | But the night before your witness was killed, | 但是你的证人被杀前一天晚上 |
[22:50] | I drove him to the same flower shop. | 我开车送他去了同一家花店 |
[22:55] | Where is this place? | 在哪里? (女) |
[23:08] | You okay in there? | 你在里面还好吗? |
[23:10] | If you’re going to interrogate me about everything that happens to my body, | 如果你要审问我身上发生的一切 |
[23:14] | you can stay home. | 可以留在家里 |
[23:48] | Did you get all that? | 你都录下来了吗? |
[23:50] | How much do you wanna bet Rover never made it to that farm? | 你肯出多少钱赌我没录下来? |
[23:58] | Nice. Keep passing. | 好 继续传球 |
[24:00] | Yes. Good. | 好 |
[24:05] | There we go. You got it. You got it. | 好的 你可以的 |
[24:08] | Nice save, Haller. | 哈勒 扑得漂亮 |
[24:13] | Hayley! Misha. Break it up. | 海莉!米莎 住手 |
[24:17] | Hey! Get off me! | 嘿!松开我! |
[24:19] | Stop it! Stop. Now. Whoa! | 住手 立刻住手 |
[24:23] | Stop. Hayley, go over there. | 住手 海莉 你过去 |
[24:28] | You, stay right there. | 你 站在这里 |
[24:30] | Now, breathe. Hayley, apologize to… Marsha, is it? | 好了 深呼吸 海莉过来道歉给…玛莎 对吗? |
[24:36] | – It’s Misha. – I don’t care. | -我叫米莎 -随你的便 |
[24:38] | – Sorry. – Great. | -对不起 -好极了 |
[24:42] | Now, it’s your turn. | 来吧 该你了 |
[24:44] | I’m sorry, too. | 对不起 |
[24:46] | Great! Now, go. Play soccer. | 棒极了!现在去踢球吧 |
[24:51] | I’m sorry. Who are you? | 对不起 你是谁? |
[24:54] | I’m Hayley’s ex-stepmother, that’s who. | 海莉的前继母 正是在下 |
[24:57] | Let’s get back to it. Come on, Hayley. Get it together. | 我们继续训练 来吧 海莉 别生气了 |
[25:02] | So, Detective Kinder, could you tell us | 金德警探 你能跟我们谈谈 |
[25:04] | about your first interview with Mr. Elliott? | 你第一次对埃利奥特先生的问话吗? |
[25:07] | Yes, that was after we got to the station. | 是的 那是在我们到达警察局之后 |
[25:09] | He agreed to be cooperative. So I began to question him. | 他同意合作 于是我开始向他提问 |
[25:12] | Would you say he was forthcoming with you? | 你觉得他对你如实招供了吗? |
[25:14] | He answered all my questions. But there were some omissions. | 他回答了我所有的问题 但也遗漏了一些事情 |
[25:18] | Such as? | 比如? |
[25:19] | He first stated that he didn’t go | 他首先表示 |
[25:21] | anywhere in the house aside from his bedroom, | 他没去房子里其他任何地方 只去了他的卧室 |
[25:23] | where he found his wife and Mr. Rilz. | 在那里发现了他的妻子和瑞尔兹先生 |
[25:26] | We later learned he first checked the garage | 后来我们得知他首先检查了车库 |
[25:28] | and found his wife’s car. He knew she was there. | 看到了他妻子的车 知道她在家 |
[25:31] | And were there other omissions? | 还有其他遗漏吗? |
[25:34] | Yes. Mr. Elliott had told the deputies that he called 911 | 有 埃利奥特先生告诉副警探们说 |
[25:38] | immediately after stumbling onto the crime scene. | 他跌跌撞撞地进入犯罪现场后 立即打了911 |
[25:41] | When I factored in the time he left his office, the timeline seemed off. | 当我考虑他离开办公室的时间时 发现时间线似乎不对 |
[25:47] | So, I confronted him about it and he admitted to having waited | 于是我就此与他对质 |
[25:51] | approximately five minutes before calling 911. | 他承认了拨打911之前 等了大约五分钟 |
[25:54] | It’s bad enough when a witness is killing you, but even worse, | 证人掀起攻势已经够糟糕了 但更糟糕的是 |
[25:58] | when the prosecutor uses them to run out the clock, | 检察官用他们来打消耗战 |
[26:00] | because that witness who’s killing you | 因为那个把你逼到墙角的证人 |
[26:03] | is the last thing the jury hears that day. | 是陪审团当天听取的最后一个人 |
[26:05] | – So, what can you do? – Change the conversation. | -那你怎么应对呢? -岔开话题 |
[26:09] | So, Detective Kinder, what, to you, | 所以 金德警探 对你来说 |
[26:11] | was the significance of Mr. Elliott’s omissions? | 埃利奥特先生的遗漏意味着什么? |
[26:13] | Objection. Calls for speculation. | 反对 这是要求证人猜测 |
[26:16] | I’ll allow it. | 我看这没问题 |
[26:18] | To me, it was indicative of deception by Mr. Elliott. | 对我来说 这表明 埃利奥特先生有欺骗行为 |
[26:22] | I’ve been doing this a lot longer than seven months. | 我干这行可比七个月长多了 |
[26:27] | Thank you, Detective. Nothing further. | 谢谢你 侦探先生 我没有问题了 |
[26:29] | Very well. The jury will remember their admonition. | 很好 陪审团成员要牢记训诫 |
[26:33] | – This court is recessed. – Cross examination, Your Honor? | -本庭现在休庭 -法官大人 可以进行交叉质询吗? |
[26:36] | At 4:27? | 现在已经4点27分了 |
[26:38] | It’s just that Detective Kinder is a very busy man. | 但是金德警探是个很忙的人 |
[26:41] | I have two brief questions. I would hate to bring him back tomorrow. | 我有两个简短的问题 不想明天要求他继续出庭 |
[26:45] | – Keep it brief. – Thank you, Your Honor. | -要简短些 -谢谢您 法官大人 |
[26:47] | Detective Kinder, at what point in the investigation | 金德警探 你在调查中的什么时候 |
[26:51] | did you determine that the primary target of this double homicide | 确定这起双重凶杀案的主要目标 |
[26:54] | wasn’t Lara Elliott, but Jan Rilz? | 不是拉拉埃利奥特 而是杨瑞尔兹? |
[26:59] | At no point did I consider Jan Rilz to be the primary target. | 我从来没有认为杨瑞尔兹是主要目标 |
[27:03] | Wait, so you never questioned Anton Shavar | 等等 所以你从没问过安东史瓦尔 |
[27:05] | about his violent encounters with Jan Rilz? | 他当面对杨瑞尔兹 进行暴力威胁的事? |
[27:08] | Or the restraining order filed against him? | 或者那道针对他的限制令? |
[27:11] | Objection, Your Honor. Relevance. Where is this going? | 反对 法官大人 问题与本案无关 要跑题到哪里? |
[27:15] | – Your Honor, may we approach? – Now. | -法官大人 可以上前讨论吗? -快过来 |
[27:21] | Now, Your Honor. Anton Shavar is the husband | 法官大人 安东史瓦尔是杨瑞尔兹 |
[27:23] | of another one of Jan Rilz’s private yoga clients. | 另一位私人瑜伽客户的丈夫 |
[27:26] | Now, there is evidence as to Mr. Shavar’s threatening encounters with Mr. Rilz. | 有证据表明史瓦尔先生 与瑞尔兹先生进行过威胁性的会面 |
[27:31] | This is an obvious attempt to backdoor in a third party culpability defense. | 这明显是要尝试开个后门 引向第三方责任辩护 |
[27:34] | He’s trying to confuse the jury. | 他在企图迷惑陪审团 |
[27:36] | This is an attempt to get to the truth about who killed these two people. | 这是试图了解真相 到底是谁杀死了这两个人 |
[27:40] | Now, the witness said he hadn’t even considered the possibility | 现在证人说他甚至没有考虑过 |
[27:43] | that Mrs. Elliott wasn’t the target. | 埃利奥特夫人不是目标的可能性 |
[27:46] | Just two brief questions? | 你说了只有两个简短的问题 |
[27:48] | I only have one follow-up, Judge. | 法官大人 我只剩一个要问了 |
[27:55] | Objection overruled. The witness may answer the question. | 反对无效 证人可以回答问题 |
[27:59] | May I ask for a read back, please? | 我可以要求复读一下吗? |
[28:02] | “So, you never questioned Anton Shavar about his violent encounters with Jan Rilz | “所以你从没问过安东史瓦尔 他当面对杨瑞尔兹威胁暴力的事情 |
[28:06] | or the restraining order filed against him?” | 或者那道针对他的限制令?” |
[28:10] | No. | 没有 |
[28:13] | Did you question any of Rilz’s other private clients | 你有没有向瑞尔兹其他私人客户 |
[28:15] | or their husbands, their boyfriends about the murders? | 或她们的丈夫、她们的男朋友 询问过谋杀案的事情? |
[28:19] | No. | 没有 |
[28:21] | No further questions. | 没有问题了 |
[28:22] | But we reserve the right to recall the witness at a later date. | 但我方保留稍后召回证人的权利 |
[28:27] | Very well. The witness is excused. | 很好 证人可以离席 |
[28:30] | And if there’s nothing else… | 而且如果没有别的事情… |
[28:33] | The jury will remember their admonition. | 陪审团成员要牢记训诫 |
[28:35] | This court is now recessed. | 现在本庭休庭 (法庭停车场) (洛杉矶县 高级法院-刑事司法中心) |
[29:01] | Your father is worried sick about you. | 你爸爸很担心你 |
[29:04] | – Ever since… – Yeah, I know. | -自从… -对 我知道 |
[29:06] | Their concern is annoying at this point. | 现在他们的担忧开始有点烦人了 |
[29:09] | Well, they’re your parents, Hayley. | 海莉 他们是你的父母 |
[29:11] | It’s none of my business, but don’t they have a point? | 虽然这不关我的事 但他们的担心是有原因的 |
[29:14] | What happened today is nothing like you. | 今天发生的事情根本不是你应该做的 |
[29:16] | That fight was not about my parents. | 那场打斗跟我的父母无关 |
[29:18] | Not about how I feel about them, anyway. | 反正跟我对他们的感觉无关 |
[29:20] | Then what was it about? | 那跟什么有关? |
[29:23] | – Trevor Elliott. – What? | -特雷弗埃利奥特 -什么? |
[29:27] | The girls at school think that because my dad is representing a monster, | 学校里的女同学们认为 因为我爸爸代表了一个禽兽 |
[29:31] | he must be a monster. And, you know, I try to just shut it out. | 他一定也是个禽兽 所以我尝试不去理会这种事 |
[29:34] | But today, Misha said, quote, | 但是今天米莎的原话是 |
[29:36] | “Your dad is single-handedly upholding the patriarchy | “你爸单枪匹马地维护父权制 并助长虐杀行为” |
[29:38] | and enabling abuse.” So, I took a swing at her. | 所以我对她挥了拳头 |
[29:42] | Hayley! | 海莉! |
[29:46] | You’re lucky he doesn’t have to represent you after that. | 你很幸运 要不然出了这种事之后 他得代理你出庭 |
[29:48] | Yeah, I know. I just… There’s no discussion with the woke police. | 是的 我知道 我只是… 没有跟消息灵通的警察讨论过 |
[29:53] | My dad is not a bad person. | 我爸不是坏人 |
[29:55] | But it’s hard when he represents bad people. | 但是当他代理坏人时 我就很困难了 |
[29:59] | Look, here’s the thing, who’s to say who the bad people are. Right? | 事实是 谁能来判定谁是好人坏人 对不对? |
[30:02] | They’re still people. That’s what the whole system is about. | 他们还是人 这就是整个系统的意义所在 |
[30:05] | Everyone in that courtroom is an entire world to someone else. | 那个法庭上的每个人 对某些人来说都是整个世界 |
[30:09] | Your mom’s witness, he had a family, | 你妈妈的证人 他本来有家庭 |
[30:11] | and your mom won’t rest until she catches who killed him. | 你妈妈在抓住杀他的凶手之前 会不眠不休 |
[30:13] | – Makes her a hero in my book. – You think my mom is a hero? | -这让她成为我心里的英雄 -你觉得我妈是英雄? |
[30:17] | – Yes, I do. And so does your father. – Yeah. | -对 而且你爸爸也是 -对 |
[30:21] | And on the other side, | 而另一方面 |
[30:22] | everyone your father represents is a person, too. Even Trevor Elliott. | 你父亲代理的每个客户也是一个人 甚至包括特雷弗埃利奥特 |
[30:26] | Your friends just see a rich guy charged with killing his wife. I get it. | 你的朋友们只知道一个有钱人 被指控杀了他的妻子 这我理解 |
[30:31] | But it’s just day one of the trial, and they’ve already judged him guilty. | 但审判开始才一天 他们就已经认为他有罪 |
[30:35] | Yeah, and I wouldn’t say they’re my friends. | 我不觉得她们是我的朋友 |
[30:38] | People are wrongly accused and overcharged all the time. | 总是有人遭受无端的指责 和过分的指控 |
[30:42] | And your dad just wants to make sure that one innocent person | 你爸爸只是想确保一个无辜的人 |
[30:46] | doesn’t get thrown out with the bathwater. | 不会成为司法制度的牺牲品 |
[30:48] | Even if he has to wade through 1,000 guilty people to find them. | 即使他必须审视过一千个有罪的人 才能找到一个无辜者 |
[30:52] | So he’s a hero, too. No matter what that dumbass, Misha, says. | 所以他也是英雄 不要管那个笨蛋米莎说了什么 |
[30:57] | So, why aren’t you a lawyer? | 那你为什么不做律师? |
[31:00] | You make more sense than both of my parents. | 你比我父母讲的都更有道理 |
[31:04] | I mean, come on. | 说真的 |
[32:00] | Hey, babe. Kind of in the middle of something right now. | 嘿 亲爱的 我还有点事情要忙 |
[32:04] | I’m gonna do it. I’m going back to law school. | 我要去争取 我要回法学院读书 |
[32:07] | – That’s fantastic. – People out there are in need, Cisco. | -好极了 -人们需要帮助 西斯科 |
[32:11] | – I think I can help them. – Absolutely. | -我觉得自己可以帮助他们 -绝对地 |
[32:15] | You, uh, gonna level with Mickey about it? | 你要跟米奇直说了吗? |
[32:18] | Yeah. | 对 |
[32:21] | Well, if you need a good investigator, I know a guy. | 好吧 如果你需要一个好的调查员 我倒是认识一个 |
[32:25] | – What’re you doing in there? – Gotta go. | -你在这里面干什么? -我得挂了 |
[32:27] | – I’m calling the cops. – No, there’s no need for that. | -我要报警了 -不 没这个必要 |
[32:31] | My girlfriend and I had a fight and she threw out my, uh… | 我和我女朋友吵架了 她扔掉了我… |
[32:35] | childhood bong. | 小时候的烟斗 |
[32:37] | – What? – You know, the… | -什么? -你知道的 那个… |
[32:41] | Have you seen it? | 你见过吗? |
[32:42] | Just get out of here. Now. | 你得立刻离开这里 马上就走 |
[32:49] | Tags on both sides, shop is clean. | (纳玛扬花店) 两边都有标记 这家店却很干净 通过这些你能看出什么? |
[32:51] | What does it tell you? | |
[32:52] | – They’re paying taxes to the gang. – Yeah? | -他们在给黑帮交保护费 -真的? |
[32:55] | Or they’re part of it. | 或者他们自己就是黑帮 |
[32:59] | You know, I gotta ask. | 我得问问 |
[33:01] | The scumbags we put away, | 我们收拾各种混蛋 |
[33:04] | what the hell did you ever talk about over dinner | 你晚餐时 会跟一个为他们辩护的人 |
[33:07] | with a guy who defends them? | 谈些什么? |
[33:09] | It’s not as simple as that. | 没那么简单 |
[33:12] | That said, there are reasons he’s my ex. | 话虽如此 他成我前夫是有原因的 |
[33:16] | What about you? Why’d you call it quits? | 你呢?你因为什么分手的? |
[33:19] | Shit. I don’t know. | 妈的 我说不清楚 |
[33:21] | Every night was like, | 每天晚上都像是 |
[33:23] | “Do I sit in traffic for 80 minutes to hear about my wife’s students?” | “我花了80分钟开车 就为了听我妻子唠叨她的学生?” |
[33:27] | And then, I try to tell her about my day? | 接下来她再听我唠叨我的一天? |
[33:31] | And it’s like she’s speaking French. I’m speaking Estonian. | 都是鸡同鸭讲 |
[33:34] | This freaking job. | 这份烂工作 |
[33:38] | Other people have no idea what it does to you. | 别人不知道它会对你有什么影响 |
[33:42] | Speaking of your ex, I got a visit from Ray Griggs about him. | 说起你的前任 雷蒙德格雷戈斯来找我问过他的事 |
[33:47] | – Detective Griggs? What about? – I’m not sure. | -格雷戈斯警探?他问什么? -我不清楚 |
[33:51] | He must’ve looked into him. | 他一定是调查过哈勒了 |
[33:53] | He knew I was up against him once. | 他知道我曾经跟他交锋过一次 |
[33:56] | Trust me, I’m not trying to do Haller any favors, | 相信我 我可不会帮哈勒任何忙 |
[33:58] | but out of respect for you, I figured I’d say somethin’. | 但出于对你的尊重 我觉得我得说点什么 |
[34:01] | – Should Mickey be worried? – No. Not if he hasn’t done anything. | -米奇应该担心吗? -不用 他没出什么问题的话就不用 |
[34:06] | Griggs is like a dog with a bone. | 格雷戈斯眼里不揉沙子 |
[34:08] | And if there’s something there, that guy will dig it up. | 有一点线索他就会查到底 |
[34:14] | All right. I’ll get the gang unit ID these tags in the morning. | 好的 我早上会让黑帮调查组 辨认一下这些标记 |
[34:18] | It’s BNG. I put two of ’em away for homicide last year. | 是BNG 我去年送了他们两个人进监狱 |
[34:22] | I don’t know the rest of the players, though. | 不过 我不认识他们其他的人 看看你啊 |
[34:25] | Oh. Look at you. | |
[34:29] | I got some friends at Hollywood Division. They’ll know. | 我在好莱坞分局有些朋友 他们会了解一下 |
[34:41] | So, are you going to ask? | 你不问问我吗? |
[34:46] | Yeah, we’ll talk about your fight. | 好吧 我们以后再谈谈你打架的事 |
[34:49] | Not when I have to prepare for tomorrow. | 现在不要打扰我准备明天的庭审 |
[34:59] | I wish you wouldn’t take out your feelings about my career on another girl. | 我希望你不要把你对我事业的情绪 发泄在另一个女孩身上 |
[35:03] | Contrary to what you believe, not everything I do is because of you. | 与你所相信的相反 并非我所做的一切都是因为你 |
[35:09] | – Yeah? – Hey, Mick! | -谁啊? -嘿 米克! |
[35:11] | It’s open. | 门没锁 |
[35:21] | – Hey. How you doin’, Hayley? – I hear you’re marrying Lorna. | -嘿 你好吗 海莉? -我听说你要和劳娜结婚了 |
[35:26] | What does that make us? | 以后我该怎么称呼你? |
[35:27] | Well, I’m the dad you call when you need someone’s legs broken. | 当你需要敲断某个人的腿时 就打电话给我这位爸爸好了 |
[35:30] | All right. Hold that thought. | 好吧 这个你要记住 |
[35:36] | Just so you know. | 就是告诉你一声 |
[35:41] | Juror number seven’s real name is Glenn McSweeney. | 7号陪审员的真名是格伦麦克斯威尼 |
[35:45] | He lives in Van Nuys, definitely doesn’t work at Lockheed and he has a record. | 他住在凡奈斯 绝对不在洛克希德工作 而且有案底 |
[35:50] | – I thought you lost your source in LAPD. – You think that’s gonna stop me? | -你在洛城警局的线人不见了啊 -你觉得这会难住我? |
[35:56] | So, what about the other thing? | 那另一件事呢? |
[36:00] | This guy, Kosevich. Officially, he made his money | 科塞维奇这个人 表面上 他挣钱靠的是 |
[36:03] | as one of Russia’s first private bankers. | 他是俄罗斯最早的私人银行家之一 |
[36:06] | Unofficially, he’s got his fingers in everything. | 私底下他涉足过所有行当 |
[36:09] | Ties to Putin, GRU, Russian mob, you name it, | 跟普京、格鲁乌、俄罗斯黑帮 你能叫出名字的都有往来 |
[36:13] | he’s been accused of it, including disappearing people. | 他因为这些被人诟病 包括让人失踪 |
[36:17] | And it just so happens that his son | 碰巧他的儿子… (洛杉矶大学住户: 特雷弗埃利奥特、帕维尔科塞维奇) |
[36:20] | was one of Trevor Elliott’s college roommates. | …是特雷弗埃利奥特的大学室友之一 |
[36:23] | I’m figuring you already knew that. | 我猜你已经知道了 |
[36:27] | – So what’s the play? – I don’t know yet. | -怎么掺和到一起的? -我还没弄清楚 |
[36:30] | The less you know, the better. | 你知道的越少越好 |
[36:33] | I knew guys in the Road Saints, | 我认识马路圣徒里的人 |
[36:36] | got to the point where they couldn’t get out of bed | 他们会因为必须要做的事情 |
[36:40] | ’cause they were afraid of what they’d be asked to do that day. | 而在动手那天害怕到无法起床 |
[36:44] | That you either live that life or you don’t. | 你要么过那种生活 要么不过 |
[36:48] | This guy? | 这个人? |
[36:50] | He lives that life. No problem. | 他可以毫无问题地过那种生活 |
[36:53] | He went through a shitload of trouble to fix a jury. | 他操办了一大堆麻烦事好搞定陪审团 |
[36:56] | So, you come along and fuck his plan up, get a mistrial, | 所以 万一你搞砸了他的计划 判决结果不利 |
[37:01] | you don’t know what he’s gonna do to you or your family. | 你不知道他会对你或你的家人 下什么毒手 |
[37:06] | I’m just saying. | 我只是说说而已 |
[37:17] | – Maggie? – Hey. | -玛姬? -嘿 |
[37:18] | This is Detective Kyle Winters, Detective Linda Perez. | 这是凯尔温特斯警探 和琳达佩雷斯警探 |
[37:22] | Either of you get a chance to work with McFierce here, you won’t regret it. | 你们中的一个人有机会 跟这位麦克火神共事 不会后悔的 |
[37:27] | I went up against your ex once. | 我跟你前夫交过一次手 |
[37:29] | – Murder case. – One I told you about. | -谋杀案 -我跟你聊过的那个 |
[37:30] | I’m sure you could both tell stories but… | 我相信你们俩都有故事可讲 但是… |
[37:33] | Of course. I brought Linda because she used to work vice in Hollywood. | 当然 我带上琳达是因为 她曾经在好莱坞刑警队工作过 |
[37:36] | – She knows all the players. – You got anything? | -她认识所有的黑帮成员 -有什么见解吗? |
[37:38] | A name popped up, I think fits the bill. | 我想到一个名字 觉得各方面都符合 |
[37:41] | Alvin Aquino. BNG ink, on parole for attempted murder. | 阿尔文阿基诺 身上有BNG的文身 目前还在假释期间 罪名是谋杀未遂 |
[37:45] | – Guess where he works? – Namayan Flowers. | -猜猜他在哪里工作? -纳玛扬花店 |
[37:47] | I checked with Aquino’s parole officer. He’ll play ball. | 我咨询了阿基诺的假释官 他会配合我们 |
[37:50] | – Thanks for this. – Good luck. | -谢谢你 -没问题 祝你好运 (纳玛扬花店) |
[38:27] | – How do you like your steak? – Medium, but I’m fine, thanks. | (马路圣徒) -你的牛排要几分熟? -五成熟 但我不吃 谢谢 |
[38:31] | Medium? | 五成熟? |
[38:33] | I figured. It’s practical. | 我明白 很实际 |
[38:36] | Like a Lincoln. | 就像一辆林肯车 |
[38:38] | You gotta try some of this black and blue though. | 你得尝尝这种黑蓝口味的 |
[38:40] | 1,800 degrees for one minute on each side. | 近一千度高温 两边各煎一分钟 |
[38:43] | Outside it’s a leather jacket, but inside… | 外面像是皮夹克 但里面… |
[38:46] | Spare me the cooking lessons, Teddy. You gonna help me or what? | 泰迪 别给我上烹饪课了 你帮不帮我? |
[38:49] | I like you, Counselor. But I’m just gonna come out and say it. | 我喜欢你这人 律师 但我只是要出来说两句 |
[38:54] | You already owe me. For Cisco. | 因为西斯科 你已经欠了我的人情 |
[38:58] | People who owe me too many times tend to end up regretting it. | 欠我太多次的人 最后都会后悔 |
[39:04] | But sure. Happy to help. | 但当然了 我乐意帮忙 |
[39:07] | Thanks. | -谢谢 -是时候了 (人到罪除) |
[39:09] | It’s time. | |
[39:20] | All right. | 好了 |
[39:26] | We’re waiting for something? | 我们在等什么吗? |
[39:30] | I know what this place is. | 我认识这个地方 |
[39:32] | What, you think I came here to buy drugs? | 怎么?你以为我是来买毒品的? |
[39:35] | It takes a schemer to know one, you’re scheming. | 心思不纯的人才能看出别人心存歹念 你欲图不轨 |
[39:38] | That’s not why we’re here, Izzy. All right? | 我们来这里不是因为这个 伊基 明白吗? |
[39:40] | What was up with the car yesterday? That whole gimmick? | 昨天那车是怎么回事? 那整出噱头是怎么回事? |
[39:43] | – You really wanna know? – Yes. | -你真想知道? -想 |
[39:46] | Somebody bugged my car. | 有人窃听了我的车 |
[39:48] | – Not this one. The other one. – What? | -不是这辆 是另外那辆 -什么? |
[39:50] | Well, you wanted to know. | 你说了想知道的 |
[39:52] | – What about this car? – No, it’s clean. | -那这辆车呢? -没有问题 |
[39:54] | Cisco sweeps it every day. | 西斯科每天都扫描一遍 |
[39:57] | – What if my car is bugged? – It’s not. | -要是我的车被窃听了怎么办? -还没有 |
[40:00] | Does Cisco sweep my car too? | 西斯科也扫描我的车? |
[40:04] | You let him break into my car? | 你让他偷偷进了我的车? |
[40:05] | It’s not really breaking in. | 并不是真的进去了 |
[40:08] | What do you call it? Wait, hold on. | 那你怎么称呼这种事情?等等 |
[40:10] | – Who bugged your car? – That’s attorney-client privilege. | -谁窃听了你的车? -这信息受到律师客户特权保护 |
[40:13] | Technically, you work for me, but… Can we just… | 严格来说 你为我工作 但是…我们能不能… |
[40:15] | We’re, like, an hour from downtown. Can I explain on the road? | 我们离市中心有一个小时的路程 我可以在路上解释吗? |
[40:19] | Mmm-hmm. | |
[40:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:47] | I think Stanton’s considering my request for a directed verdict. | 我认为斯丹顿正在考虑 我提出的直接判决请求 |
[40:51] | – I’m sure. – Should I be worried? | -我确定 -我应该担心吗? |
[41:01] | Judge Stanton wants to see both counsel in chambers immediately. | 斯丹顿法官希望 立即在办公室里面见两位律师 |
[41:05] | Alone. | 其他人免进 |
[41:17] | Counsel, I’m gonna ask you a few questions. | 律师 我想问你几个问题 |
[41:20] | First, I’d like to remind you both of your duty of candor | 首先我想提醒你们坦诚的责任 |
[41:23] | and your ethical responsibilities to this court. | 以及对本法庭的道德责任 |
[41:26] | – Absolutely. – Of course. | -绝对 -当然 |
[41:28] | It’s come to my attention that this court has been the victim of jury tampering. | 我了解到本法庭遭受了 对陪审团的破坏 |
[41:31] | – Jury tampering? – Mr. Haller? | -破坏陪审团? -哈勒先生? |
[41:33] | Given what I’ve just said, do you have anything you wish to add? | 鉴于我刚才所说的 你有什么要补充的吗? |
[41:36] | Me? Why aren’t you asking him? | 我?您为什么不问他? |
[41:42] | I received this last night via courier. | 我昨晚通过派送员收到了这个 |
[41:45] | “Judge Stanton, you should know that juror number seven is not who you think he is | “斯丹顿法官 你应该知道 7号陪审员既不是你认为的那个人 |
[41:48] | and not who he says he is.” | 也不是他自称的那个人 |
[41:50] | “Check Lockheed, and check his prints.” | 查查洛克希德 检查他的指纹 |
[41:52] | “He’s got an arrest record.” | 他有被捕记录” |
[41:54] | No indication as to who it’s from. | 没有说是谁发的 |
[41:57] | Okay. I’m sorry, Judge. What’s goin’ on here? | 好吧 对不起 法官 这是怎么回事? |
[42:00] | Juror number seven is supposed to be a man named Rodney Bankland. | 7号陪审员应该是一个 名叫罗德尼班克兰的人 |
[42:04] | But detectives spoke with him this morning. | 但警探今天早上跟他谈过了 |
[42:07] | Mr. Bankland never received a jury summons | 班克兰先生从未收到陪审团传票 |
[42:09] | and he is not the man who’s been sitting on our jury. | 而且他不是出席我们陪审团的那个人 |
[42:11] | That man, it would appear, is an imposter. | 那个出席人看来是冒名顶替的 |
[42:13] | Did we get him when he came in? | 他过来的时候我们抓到他了吗? |
[42:15] | Oh, the plot thickens. Juror number seven didn’t show up this morning. | 情节更复杂了 7号陪审员今天早上没有出现 |
[42:18] | Someone tipped him off. | 有人向他吹风了 |
[42:19] | I can’t imagine a scenario where jury tampering would favor the prosecution, | 考虑到你前任的情况 我无法想象 |
[42:23] | given the circumstances of your predecessor. | 陪审团篡改会对控方有利 |
[42:25] | I’m insulted that you would think I had anything to do with this. | 你认为我与这件事有任何关系 这让我觉得我被侮辱了 |
[42:29] | I would support any investigation. | 我会支持任何调查 |
[42:31] | Very well. | 非常好 |
[42:32] | The circumstances warrant a mistrial, | 这种情况可以宣告审判无效 |
[42:34] | and after conferring with some colleagues, I’m inclined to declare one. | 在与几位同事商议后 我倾向于如此宣布 |
[42:37] | – My guess is that was the goal. – Seriously? | -我猜这就是目标 -说真的? |
[42:40] | I will prove you wrong. Your Honor, is that necessary? | 我会证明你错了 法官大人 有这个必要吗? |
[42:43] | The integrity of this trial has been compromised. | 本次审判的正当性已经受到损害 |
[42:45] | If the jury had deliberated, I’d agree. | 如果陪审团已经进入审议程序 我同意这样判决 |
[42:48] | But they haven’t. We can fill the slot with an alternate. | 但他们还没有 我们可以用候补陪审员来填补空缺 |
[42:51] | To do anything else, it would further damage my client in the public eye. | 任何其他解决方式 都会进一步损害我客户的公众形象 |
[42:56] | Do the People have an opinion? | 控方有什么意见? |
[42:59] | I don’t know anything about this, but I’m confident I can win the case, | 我对此一无所知 但我有信心打赢此案 |
[43:02] | no matter who’s on the jury. | 不管陪审团是谁 |
[43:10] | Then I’ll spend the day making sure the other jurors are, in fact, | 那我今天会花时间 确保其他陪审员的身份确凿 |
[43:14] | who they’re supposed to be, and remain unaffected. | 并且确保他们不受此事影响 |
[43:18] | We’ll pick up trial tomorrow. Good day, gentlemen. | 我们明天恢复庭审 祝你们今天愉快 先生们 |
[43:25] | – What do you mean our guy didn’t show? – He must’ve been tipped off. | -你说我们的人没出场是什么意思? -他一定是听到了风声 |
[43:28] | The judge knows and the sheriffs are all over it. | 法官知道了 而且警察们正在到处调查 |
[43:32] | – You did this, didn’t you? – Trevor, back off. | -这是你干的 对吗? -特雷弗 退回去 |
[43:35] | Do you wanna make a scene here? | 你想在这里上演闹剧吗? |
[43:42] | I had nothing to do with this, all right? | 这跟我无关 好吗? |
[43:45] | Maybe it was your Russian friends cutting bait. Maybe they fucked up. | 也许是你的俄罗斯朋友放弃了 也许他们搞砸了 |
[43:48] | It doesn’t matter, Mickey, because these guys are not the type of people | 没关系 米奇 因为这些人不是那种 |
[43:51] | who own up to their fucking mistakes. | 会承认自己犯下狗屁错误的人 |
[43:53] | Maybe juror number seven’s dead. | 也许7号陪审员已经死了 |
[43:55] | Did you think of that? Maybe you and I are next. | 你想过吗?也许接下来就是你和我 |
[43:59] | As long as we win, | 只要我们赢了 |
[44:00] | – you have nothing to worry about. – That’s… | -你就没什么好担心的 -那… |
[44:02] | – Great. That’s great. – You never thought we could win this. | -棒极了 那棒极了 -你从来都没想过我们能赢 |
[44:07] | Without our juror? Are you kidding? I know how this looks. | 没有我们的陪审员?你在开玩笑吗? 我知道这看上去胜算如何 |
[44:10] | Trevor, we can win this. We can win and we will. Fair and square. All right? | 特雷弗 我们能赢 而且我们会赢 光明正大地赢 明白吗? |
[44:20] | There’s one more exception to attorney-client privilege. | 律师委托人特权还有一个例外 |
[44:23] | If my client’s about to commit a crime, I have to report it. | 如果我的客户即将犯罪 我必须报告 |
[44:26] | Unless I can stop that crime from happening. | 除非我能阻止这一罪行发生 |
[44:29] | Then, it’s no harm, no foul. Nobody ever has to know. | 于是 没有伤害 没有违法 没有人需要知道 |
[44:33] | But how do you do that without it blowing up in your face? | 但是你怎么才能做到这一点 而且不惹上麻烦呢? |
[44:39] | I’ll meet Hayley’s counselor tomorrow. | 我明天要见海莉的指导老师 |
[44:41] | Yeah, I wish I could be there, Mags. | 好啊 我真希望我也能去 玛姬 |
[44:43] | There’ll be plenty for you after this trial. | 你忙完案子之后会有很多机会 |
[44:46] | By the way, anything new on Jerry’s case? | 顺便问一下 杰瑞的案子有什么进展吗? |
[44:48] | No, I don’t know. Griggs is handling that. | 我不知道 格雷戈斯正在处理这件事 |
[44:50] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[44:52] | – You talk to him lately? – No, not really. Why? | -你最近跟他谈过吗? -没有 为什么? |
[44:55] | I don’t know, I just… I remember he was giving you some problems before, so… | 我不知道 我只是… 我记得他之前给你找过麻烦 所以… |
[44:59] | Mags, if there was a problem, I’d handle it. All right? | 玛姬 有问题的话 我会处理好 好吗? |
[45:03] | I know. It’s just, there’s the normal way to handle things, | 我知道 就是有正常的处理方式 |
[45:05] | and there’s the Mickey way. | 还有你米奇的处理方式 |
[45:09] | – Have a good night, Mags. – Good night. | -晚安 玛姬 -晚安 (根据迈克尔康奈利的小说改编) |