时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | Fine. | 好啊 |
[00:19] | You can tell your client | 你可以告诉你的委托人 |
[00:19] | I look forward to reading those emails out loud in the deposition. | 我期待着在取证时大声读出那些邮件的内容 |
[00:23] | You really gave him the business. | 你还真是让他见识到了厉害啊 |
[00:25] | Oh, fudge me. | 不会吧 |
[00:27] | Could you please charge this for me? | 能拜托你给我手机充个电吗 |
[00:30] | Oh, my gosh. | 天哪 |
[00:32] | “Fudge me.” | “不会吧” |
[00:34] | Now I recognize you. | 现在我认出你来了 |
[00:35] | Taylor? Taylor Underwood? | 你是泰勒 泰勒·安德伍德 |
[00:38] | – Yes? – Tina Hoffman! | -是的 -我是蒂娜·霍夫曼啊 |
[00:40] | Oh, my God. Tina! | 天哪 蒂娜 |
[00:42] | I haven’t seen you since– | 咱们上次见面还是 |
[00:44] | – Ninth grade! – Yeah. | -九年级的时候 -是啊 |
[00:46] | What are the chances, right? | 人生何处不相逢啊 |
[00:47] | Seriously! | 真的 |
[00:49] | Do you remember having sleepovers | 你还记不记得以前每个周末 |
[00:50] | and watching Lord of the Rings every single weekend? | 你都在我家过夜 看《指环王》 |
[00:52] | My mom would come in in the morning | 然后我妈早上过来 |
[00:54] | and see all the mess and go– | 看见一片狼藉 就要说 |
[00:55] | “T and T went off again.” | “泰蒂小炸弹又爆炸了”[谐音TNT] |
[00:57] | Yes! | 没错 |
[00:59] | Oh, my gosh, you should come by the house some weekend. | 天哪 你得找个周末来我家玩玩 |
[01:01] | We could have a couple beers, catch up. | 我们可以喝几瓶啤酒 聊聊天 |
[01:04] | T and T could ride again. | 泰蒂小炸弹可以再聚首 |
[01:07] | Maybe, yeah. | 可能吧 |
[01:08] | I don’t really drink, | 其实我不喝酒 |
[01:09] | and I’d have to check my calendar. | 我还得看看我的日程表有没有空 |
[01:12] | Yeah, I get it. | 我懂你意思了 |
[01:13] | Now it really is like old times. | 现在真的跟那时候一模一样了 |
[01:15] | What is that supposed to mean? | 你这话什么意思 |
[01:16] | – You’re blowing me off. – I am not. | -你要放我鸽子 -我没有 |
[01:19] | Just like when you transferred to Tory Prep, | 就跟你当时转学到托瑞预科学校时一样 |
[01:20] | and you blew me off for all of those stuck-up rich girls. | 你为了那些自大的富家女放我鸽子 |
[01:25] | ♪Come on and sit here by my side♪ | ♪快来坐在我身边♪ |
[01:28] | Maybe I got sick and tired | 也许是我厌倦了 |
[01:30] | of spending every Saturday night watching fairies and wizards. | 每周六晚都要看那些奇幻故事 |
[01:32] | At some point, you have to get a life. | 总有一天 你得有自己的生活吧 |
[01:36] | – Too late for me though, right? – I didn’t say that. | -不过现在对我来说太晚了是吧 -我没这么说 |
[01:40] | 电量过低 剩余电量10% 开启低电量模式 关闭 | |
[01:40] | But I really do need you to charge this for me. | 但我真的需要你帮我手机充个电 |
[01:44] | You got it, Your Highness. | 遵命 女王殿下 |
[01:45] | Look, I didn’t mean it. | 我不是故意的 |
[01:49] | Tina! | 蒂娜 |
[02:04] | Stop, stop! | 停下 快停下 |
[02:06] | Oh, God, oh, God, stop! | 天哪 快停车 |
[02:18] | Where’s the truck now, ma’am? | 卡车现在在哪里 女士 |
[02:19] | Driving down Hollister Road! | 正沿着霍利斯特路开 |
[02:21] | Okay, Hollister and what? | 好的 霍利斯特路 然后呢 |
[02:22] | I don’t know! My phone’s about to die! | 我不知道 我手机快没电了 |
[02:31] | Good Lord almighty. | 我的老天爷啊 |
[02:32] | Does he seriously not notice? | 他真的没注意到吗 |
[02:34] | Can’t see it in his mirrors. | 后视镜看不到 |
[02:35] | Probably never even felt the impact. | 可能也没感觉到撞上 |
[02:37] | Well, he can see us. | 他总能看见我们吧 |
[02:51] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[02:54] | Can you slide out? | 你能爬出来吗 |
[02:55] | Yeah, but what about her? | 我可以 但她怎么办 |
[02:56] | We’ll get her next. Come on. Let’s get medical to check you. | 我们马上就去救她 来吧 让急救人员检查一下你 |
[02:59] | You just hold on. | 坚持住 |
[03:04] | Do you have any idea when they can extract the driver? | 你知道他们还要多久才能把司机救出来吗 |
[03:06] | No, I don’t, because the front half of this car is stuck under there. | 不好说 因为车身的前半卡在了卡车底 |
[03:09] | It’s crushed like a soda can. | 跟汽水罐一样被压扁了 |
[03:11] | I should getting it. | 我应该能搞定 |
[03:13] | We have to bring her out the same way. | 我们得用同样的方法救她出来 |
[03:15] | I want these back two posts cut. | 把后面这两根杠子切开 |
[03:17] | Let’s secure the trailer with some cribbing. | 用井框支架稳住车身 |
[03:19] | Paul, Marjan, Mateo, | 保罗 马里安 马特奥 |
[03:20] | get me the jaws, the spreaders, and a K12. Let’s go! | 把救生颚 横支杆 救生锯拿来 赶快行动 |
[03:31] | It’s my fault. I distracted her. | 是我的错 我让她分神了 |
[03:32] | Ma’am, slow down. | 女士 放轻松 |
[03:33] | This was a rideshare, correct? | 你们是在拼车 对吗 |
[03:34] | Yeah, but Tina’s more than that. | 是的 但蒂娜是我朋友 |
[03:36] | I distracted her, and now she– | 是我让她分了神 现在她… |
[03:37] | Let’s not assume the worst. | 咱们先不要往最坏处想 |
[03:43] | Hydronic ram is in place. | 液压泵已就位 |
[03:45] | Ma’am? Ma’am, can you hear me? | 女士 女士 你能听见我说话吗 |
[03:48] | Am I… | 我是… |
[03:49] | Can you see me? Just focus on me, okay? Look at my eyes. | 你能看见我吗 把注意力集中在我身上 看着我 |
[03:52] | How are her vitals? | 生命体征如何 |
[03:53] | BP’s 81 over 42 and dropping fast. | 血压81/42 正在快速下降 |
[03:55] | She’s hemorrhaging. | 她在大出血 |
[03:57] | Paul, how much longer? | 保罗 还要多久 |
[03:58] | The column isn’t budging it. | 方向盘柱卡住了 |
[04:00] | I’d say five, ten minutes. | 再给我五到十分钟吧 |
[04:01] | Heartbeat’s 140 and thready. | 心率140 脉搏微弱 |
[04:03] | She needs blood now. | 现在就得给她输血 |
[04:04] | Gillian, call West Park Memorial | 吉利安 给西方公园医院打电话 |
[04:06] | and see how fast they can get a trauma surgeon down here | 看看他们多快能让一个创伤外科医生 |
[04:08] | and some whole blood, okay? | 带着一些全血赶到这里 好吗 |
[04:10] | Is Taylor okay? | 泰勒还好吗 |
[04:12] | She’s okay, honey. | 她没事 亲爱的 |
[04:14] | Stay with me. Can you hear me? | 坚持住 你能听见我说话吗 |
[04:16] | Hurry up. We’re losing her. | 快点 人要没了 |
[04:17] | I’m going as fast as I can. | 我已经尽可能快了 |
[04:19] | – I’m gonna bolus this bag. – She’s coding. | -我得加快输液了 -听不见心跳和呼吸了 |
[04:21] | Park West just called. | 西方公园医院刚刚来电话了 |
[04:21] | They don’t have any trauma surgeons | 他们找不到创伤外科医生 |
[04:22] | and they can’t get blood here for another hour. | 血要一小时才能送过来 |
[04:24] | – Damn it. – I’m type O, O negative. | -该死 -我是O型血 O型阴性 |
[04:26] | That means I’m a universal donor. | 这就意味着我是万能供血者 |
[04:27] | I can donate to anybody, right? | 我可以给任何人输血 是吗 |
[04:29] | – What’s your name? – Taylor. | -你叫什么名字 -泰勒 |
[04:31] | Taylor, field transfusion’s risky, for both of you, understand? | 泰勒 现场输血对你们俩来说都很危险 明白吗 |
[04:34] | I’m just trying to help my friend. | 我只是想帮我朋友 |
[04:38] | Get the transfusion kit. | 去拿输血箱 |
[04:39] | Cap, you’re not seriously thinking of doing a person to person. | 队长 你不会真的想进行人对人输血吧 |
[04:42] | Protocol is– | 应对流程应该是… |
[04:43] | If we follow protocol, | 如果我们墨守成规 |
[04:44] | she’s gonna be gone before we get her out of this car. | 她根本没办法活着被救出来 |
[04:48] | Gillian, get a 14-gauge. | 吉利安 拿一根14号导管 |
[04:51] | Prime the line with blood, | 先抽一些血来做准备 |
[04:53] | and keep an eye on her vitals. | 时刻注意她的生命体征 |
[04:58] | Stay with us. | 坚持住 |
[05:00] | – Stay with us. – Come on. | -坚持住 -加油啊 |
[05:03] | I’m in. | 接好了 |
[05:07] | Come on, come on, come on, come on. | 加油 加油 加油 加油 |
[05:13] | How’s her BP? | 血压如何 |
[05:13] | Taylor’s good, but almost nothing from the driver. | 泰勒状态良好 但司机还是没有起色 |
[05:16] | Come on, Tina. | 加把劲啊 蒂娜 |
[05:19] | Damn it! | 该死的 |
[05:20] | Wait. | 等等 |
[05:21] | I got an uptick. | 血压回升了 |
[05:23] | – Yeah! – Tina! | -太好了 -蒂娜 |
[05:28] | Taylor. | 泰勒 |
[05:33] | Your friend just saved your life. | 你朋友刚刚救了你的命 |
[05:37] | That should do it, Cap. | 那样应该可以 队长 |
[05:39] | Grab the c-collar, and let’s get her out of there. | 拿上颈托 咱们把她救出来 |
[05:43] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[05:50] | Tina, I’m so sorry. About everything. | 蒂娜 对不起 所有的事我都很抱歉 |
[05:55] | T and T. | 泰蒂小炸弹 |
[05:57] | Yes, T and T. | 没错 泰蒂小炸弹 |
[06:13] | Have a good night, Marjan. | 晚安 马里安 |
[06:15] | You sticking around after a 24-hour shift? | 连上了24小时班你还不走 |
[06:18] | Don’t you have any friends, Probie? | 你难道没朋友吗 菜鸟 |
[06:20] | Well, that’s the problem. | 这就是问题所在 |
[06:21] | My academy written exam is this week. | 这周我要考消防学院的笔试了 |
[06:24] | It’s hard to study with roommates playing beer pong all night. | 室友整晚都在玩啤酒乒乓 我没法学习 |
[06:26] | Well, I’m sure you’ll crush. | 你肯定会考过的 |
[06:27] | Glad someone thinks so. | 借你吉言 |
[06:28] | Every time I’ve taken it, I’ve bombed it, so. | 这考试我每考每挂 所以 |
[06:30] | Well then, you better bust your ass. | 那你最好全力以赴 |
[06:32] | Come on, there ain’t nothing to be afraid of. | 拜托 没什么好怕的 |
[06:34] | I promise you’ll all have fun. | 你肯定会玩得很开心的 |
[06:35] | Yeah, said the wolf to Red Riding Hood. | 是啊 大灰狼对小红帽如是说 |
[06:37] | Seriously. | 真的 |
[06:38] | What are you guys talking about? | 你们仨聊什么呢 |
[06:40] | Well, I host a friendly little game of Texas Hold ‘Em | 我办了一个友好的德州扑克小牌局 |
[06:43] | with some firefighters from around town, | 拉着附近的消防员一起玩玩 |
[06:45] | and we had a chair open up for tonight’s game, so. | 今晚还缺几个人 所以 |
[06:48] | So who’s in? TK? | 谁想加入 TK |
[06:49] | I’m good. I know a rope-a-dope when I see one. | 不去 你少跟我来倚绳战术那套 |
[06:52] | – Strickland. – Nah, cards bore me. | -斯特里克兰 -不要 打牌太无聊了 |
[06:54] | It’s too easy to see everyone’s tells. | 看穿每个人的固定小动作太容易了 |
[06:55] | Also, I crave sleep. | 而且 我困死了 |
[06:57] | Marwani? | 马瓦尼 |
[06:58] | No, gambling’s not really my jam, and don’t even ask Probie. | 不来 我不喜欢赌博 也别去问菜鸟 |
[07:01] | He’s gotta study. | 他要学习 |
[07:03] | Here I thought y’all were my friends. | 亏我还以为你们都是我朋友 |
[07:04] | I’ll play. | 我来玩 |
[07:07] | – Unless you don’t want me to. – No, it ain’t that. | -除非你不欢迎我 -不是啦 |
[07:09] | It’s just, you know, I don’t– | 就是 你知道的 我不 |
[07:11] | This really ain’t your scene, Cap, that’s all. | 这地方不太适合你 队长 就这样 |
[07:13] | It’s just a bunch of Texas roughnecks | 就一帮得州老爷们 |
[07:16] | talking smack and drinking cheap beer. | 说说脏话 喝喝廉价啤酒 |
[07:18] | I thought it was supposed to be a friendly game, Judd. | 你不是说这个牌局很友好吗 贾德 |
[07:19] | It’d be fun to hang out with the locals, play a little cards, | 跟当地人玩玩 打打牌肯定很有意思 |
[07:23] | and unless there’s some other reason you don’t want me to come. | 除非你还有不想让我来的其他理由 |
[07:24] | No! Let’s do it. | 没有 来吧 |
[07:27] | Hey, do you have any dried seaweed or kale chips? | 你有海带干或者甘蓝脆片吗 |
[07:30] | Sorry, Cap, but rabbit food ain’t gonna fly with this bunch. | 抱歉 队长 但这种兔子吃的东西不适合这帮人 |
[07:33] | Hey, babe, the girls are almost here, | 宝贝 姑娘们快要到了 |
[07:35] | so I’ma head out. | 所以我得出去了 |
[07:39] | Easy, cowboy. | 冷静 牛仔 |
[07:41] | Captain Strand. I didn’t know you’d be coming. | 斯特兰德队长 我不知道你会过来 |
[07:44] | Neither did I, till an hour ago. | 我也是一小时前才知道的 |
[07:46] | Well, with this crew, | 敢和这帮人玩 |
[07:47] | you are an even braver man than I thought. | 你倒是比我想的要更勇敢 |
[07:49] | I don’t worry about me. | 我可不担心自己 |
[07:50] | I played no-limit in Atlantic City. | 我在大西洋城打过无限注 |
[07:52] | No, but that isn’t what you’re worried about, is it? | 你担心的不是这个 对吗 |
[07:55] | Judd, you’re not gonna tell the man? | 贾德 你不打算告诉他吗 |
[07:58] | I was gonna tell him, but I just– | 我本要告诉他的 但我 |
[08:00] | it wasn’t a good time. | 但当时不是时候 |
[08:02] | Now’s a good time. | 现在正是时候 |
[08:02] | How about now? I vote for now. | 现在怎么样 我赞成现在说 |
[08:04] | So my buddy, Billy Tyson, | 我兄弟 比利·泰森 |
[08:07] | he’s a funny guy, he’s a great guy, | 他人很有意思 也很好 |
[08:08] | he’s coming over, and he hates your guts. | 他会过来 并且他特别讨厌你 |
[08:13] | I’ve never met a Billy Tyson. | 我从没见过什么比利·泰森 |
[08:15] | All right, so maybe he doesn’t hate you, | 好吧 或许他不讨厌你这个人 |
[08:16] | but he hates the idea of you. | 但他讨厌你的象征意义 |
[08:19] | So me and him came up in the 126, | 我和他在126队里认识 |
[08:21] | and then he was on a year-long personal leave | 我们全军覆没时 |
[08:23] | when we lost everybody, | 他刚好在休为期一年的事假 |
[08:25] | so he threw his hat in the ring to rebuild the house, | 所以他也想当重建队伍的队长 |
[08:27] | you got the job, now he’s captain over at 121. | 但位子给了你 现在他是121队的队长 |
[08:30] | 121? Downtown? | 121队 市中心的 |
[08:32] | That’s the biggest station in Travis County. | 那是特拉维斯郡最大的消防局 |
[08:34] | Worked out better for him. | 这不是更好吗 |
[08:35] | Yeah, you could say that. | 是啊 可以这么说 |
[08:36] | So it’ll be a little awkward, | 所以到时会有一点尴尬 |
[08:38] | but probably not personal. | 但应该不会针对个人 |
[08:41] | Okay, my Lyft is here. | 好了 我叫的车来了 |
[08:43] | You’re all playing nice, yes? | 你们都好好打 行吗 |
[08:48] | Bye, Captain. | 再见 队长 |
[08:52] | All right, River’s down. Final bets. | 好了 最后一张牌出完了 最后下一次注 |
[08:55] | Thanks for dropping a deuce on us, Judd. I’m out. | 多谢你拿一张2压我们啊 贾德 我退出 |
[09:00] | 300. | 押三百 |
[09:05] | Ronnie, do the smart thing. Just fold already. | 罗尼 识相点 赶紧弃牌吧 |
[09:07] | We all know Eileen will have your nuts in a jar | 我们都知道如果你输光的话 |
[09:09] | if you keep giving me all your money. | 艾琳会让你死得很惨的 |
[09:11] | Take it easy, Billy. | 委婉点 比利 |
[09:12] | We don’t want all of his hair falling out. | 我们可不想让他头发全掉光 |
[09:14] | I fold. | 我弃牌 |
[09:16] | Hey, Jim, I know we just met, | 吉姆 我知道我们刚认识 |
[09:18] | but it’s not too late to fix that. | 但要挽回还不算太晚 |
[09:20] | Fix what? | 挽回什么 |
[09:21] | Male pattern baldness does not have to be your destiny. | 男性型态性脱发并非无药可治 |
[09:24] | I have a doctor here, Dr. Akopian. | 我认识这里的一个医生 阿科皮安医生 |
[09:27] | All right, let’s focus. | 好了 我们专心点 |
[09:28] | Like a hair doctor? | 治头发的吗 |
[09:29] | Like a hair savior. | 是拯救头发的 |
[09:31] | New York, | 纽约佬 |
[09:32] | call, raise, or fold. | 跟牌 加注 还是弃牌 |
[09:33] | Raise 600. | 加注六百 |
[09:35] | the no-look. Oh, man, that was cold-blooded. | 看都不看一眼哦 天哪 可真无情 |
[09:38] | Careful, Captain. | 小心点 队长 |
[09:40] | Wouldn’t want you to go spending all your beauty supply money. | 我可不想让你输光美容钱 |
[09:44] | Judd tells me this guy’s spending more time | 贾德说你照镜子的时间 |
[09:46] | in front of the mirror than Faith Hill. | 比菲丝·希尔还多[美国女歌手] |
[09:50] | Thanks, Judd. | 我谢谢你 贾德 |
[09:51] | Those weren’t exactly my words, but– | 那不是我原话 但 |
[09:54] | it is kind of a long time. | 确实是照得挺久 |
[09:57] | Yeah, me, I don’t bother too much | 像我 我就不会过分关注 |
[09:59] | with surface-level concerns like appearances. | 外貌这种肤浅的东西 |
[10:02] | Yeah, the camo hat made the point for you. | 没错 你那迷彩帽印证了这点 |
[10:05] | It’s on now. | 杠上了 |
[10:06] | All right, boys, just, you know, | 好了 兄弟们 |
[10:07] | remember we’re all friends here. | 记住在座的都是朋友 |
[10:09] | Speak for yourself, Judd. | 那是你的想法 贾德 |
[10:10] | Seriously. | 可不是吗 |
[10:16] | You wanna get in the ring with me? | 你要和我一决胜负吗 |
[10:18] | What’s the saying you– | 你们常说的那句话 |
[10:20] | y’all use? | 是什么来着 |
[10:22] | Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered? | 小心偷鸡不成蚀把米 |
[10:27] | You come off like Cool Hand Luke, | 你表现得像狱金刚卢克 |
[10:29] | but I see you. | 但我看透了你 |
[10:33] | Shallower respiration. | 呼吸短促 |
[10:34] | Them tiny little beads of sweat above your eyebrows. | 你眉毛上有汗珠 |
[10:37] | You’re bluffing. | 你在诈牌 |
[10:39] | I’m all in. | 我全押 |
[10:41] | I call. | 我跟注 |
[10:42] | Snap. Call. | 跟注 |
[10:46] | Flush. | 同花顺 |
[10:51] | Flush. | 同花顺 |
[10:53] | Ace high. | 我有一张大A |
[10:57] | A little something I picked up in Atlantic City. | 这是我在大西洋城赌场学的一点小手段 |
[10:59] | Squeeze your core, | 紧绷核心肌群 |
[11:01] | generate a little flop sweat. | 稍显焦躁出汗 |
[11:02] | Great way to get a workout and take a sucker’s money. | 这既能起锻炼效果 又能赢走笨蛋的钱 |
[11:10] | Just — | 冷静点 |
[11:16] | I don’t know about y’all, but… | 我不知道你们的看法 但是 |
[11:20] | I love this guy. | 我喜欢这家伙 |
[11:22] | That was poetry, man! | 你刚刚那招也太妙了 兄弟 |
[11:32] | Come in. Sit down. | 进来吧 坐 |
[11:34] | I made you a nutmeg kiwi smoothie | 为了感谢你能提前来 |
[11:36] | as a token of my appreciation for coming in early. | 我给你做了一杯肉豆蔻奇异果奶昔 |
[11:39] | Thanks, Cap, but you didn’t have to do that. | 谢了 队长 不过你不必如此的 |
[11:42] | So what’d I screw up? | 所以我搞砸了什么事 |
[11:44] | Screw up? Why would you say that? | 搞砸 你为什么这么说 |
[11:46] | You called me into the principal’s office an hour before shift. | 你在上班前一个小时把我叫来了队长办公室 |
[11:49] | I led the league in reprimands back in Miami. | 在迈阿密消防队我是被批次数最多的人了 |
[11:51] | I know the drill. | 我知道规矩的 |
[11:52] | Relax, you’re not in trouble. | 放心吧 你没惹什么麻烦 |
[11:55] | Probie is. | 但菜鸟可有大麻烦 |
[11:57] | His academy exam’s coming up. | 他的消防学院考试快到了 |
[11:58] | I heard. | 我听说了 |
[12:00] | He was like a walking tension headache the other night. | 那天晚上他就像行走的紧张性头痛 |
[12:02] | I want you to be his study buddy, | 我想让你当他的学伴 |
[12:03] | on-shift, off-shift, round the clock, | 不管是上班 还是下班 日夜不停 |
[12:06] | till he takes that test. | 直到他考试为止 |
[12:07] | Like a babysitting detail? | 就是兼职保姆的保镖呗 |
[12:08] | Look, you had the highest scores of anybody in this house | 你在迈阿密的考试成绩是这个消防局中 |
[12:10] | when you took the test in Miami. | 分数最高的 |
[12:11] | You only missed one question. | 你只错了一道题 |
[12:12] | That’s better than I did. | 比我考得都好 |
[12:14] | I appealed that, actually, and they amended it. | 其实那道题我还申诉了 他们改回来了 |
[12:16] | Don’t gloat. It’s unseemly. | 别翘尾巴 不合适 |
[12:17] | I’m just saying, nobody held my hand | 我只是说 我还是个菜鸟的时候 |
[12:19] | when I was a probie. | 可没人帮我一把 |
[12:20] | Chavez is severely dyslexic. | 查韦斯有严重的阅读困难症 |
[12:22] | I had him tested when I hired him. | 我录用他的时候就让他做了测试 |
[12:24] | But thanks to the Americans With Disabilities Act, | 但拜《美国残疾人法案》所赐 |
[12:26] | now the department has to let him take it orally. | 现在消防局不得不允许他以口试方式考试 |
[12:28] | That’s a good thing, right? | 这挺好的 对吧 |
[12:30] | He still has 300 pages of material to get through. | 但他还是要啃下三百页的考试资料 |
[12:33] | And that’s where I come in. | 这时候就该我出场了 |
[12:36] | It’s his last shot. | 这是他的最后一次机会 |
[12:38] | He fails this time, | 这次考试要是挂了 |
[12:40] | he’s out for good. | 他就永远当不成消防员了 |
[12:44] | I’m gonna need a major credit card. | 我要一张大银行的信用卡 |
[12:46] | I’m gonna have to make a lot of copies. | 我得复印很多本册子 |
[12:51] | – That’s game, baby. -No, it ain’t, ’cause you spun! | -胜负已分 -才没呢 你转动横杆了 |
[12:53] | – I did not spin! -Yeah, you did. | -我没有 -你就是 |
[12:54] | – You spun. – There’s no spinning. | -你确实转了 -横杆不能转 |
[12:55] | – That’s house rules. – Says who? | -这是咱们队的规矩 -谁说的 |
[12:57] | Anybody who respects the game. | 尊重比赛的人谁都会这么说 |
[12:58] | Doesn’t matter anyway, ’cause you’re calling it. | 反正也无所谓 你都说胜负已分了 |
[13:00] | Everybody come take one of these. | 每个人过来拿一本 |
[13:02] | What, that’s the Austin FD Academy Manual? No. | 啥玩意 那是奥斯汀消防学院培训手册 不拿 |
[13:05] | I memorized that chapter and verse when I was 18. | 我18岁时就把它倒背如流了 |
[13:08] | This isn’t a refresher. It’s for the probie. | 这不是让你们复习 是为了菜鸟 |
[13:10] | He has his final academy exam coming up, | 他的最后一次学院考试就要到了 |
[13:11] | so everybody has some reading to do. | 所以咱们每个人都要读一部分 |
[13:14] | And what are we gonna do? Teach him by osmosis? | 然后我们怎么做 让他潜移默化地学会吗 |
[13:17] | Besides, I just started this book. | 再说了 我才刚开始看这本书 |
[13:21] | Probie’s dyslexic. | 菜鸟有阅读障碍症 |
[13:22] | It came up in his interview. | 他来面试的时候就提到过 |
[13:24] | This is his last chance to pass the test | 这是他通过考试的最后机会 |
[13:26] | before he washes out. | 不然他就要被淘汰了 |
[13:30] | What do you need us to do? | 你需要我们做什么 |
[13:31] | Everybody is going to record themselves | 每个人都要给自己录音 |
[13:33] | reading a different section of the manual | 录下手册中各自需要阅读的不同部分内容 |
[13:35] | for him to listen to. | 让菜鸟以听代读 |
[13:36] | TK, on-the-job scenarios, | TK 你负责在职场景 |
[13:38] | Paul, mathematics, | 保罗 你来数学部分 |
[13:40] | and Judd, fire science. | 贾德 火灾科学交给你了 |
[13:42] | No, how come I have to do the boring chemistry part? | 别啊 为什么非要我来读无聊的化学部分 |
[13:44] | Because with that drawl, | 因为你拖腔拉调的 |
[13:46] | you read the slowest. | 读的速度最慢 |
[13:49] | All right, I’m gonna need those audio files by end of shift, | 好了 我要你们下班前就把录音完成 |
[13:51] | so everybody warm up those pipes and get reading. | 所以大家开完嗓就开始录吧 |
[13:57] | “Sodium is an example of a combustible metal | “钠是可燃金属之一 |
[14:00] | classified as D fuels.” | 属于D类可燃物” |
[14:03] | Hey, Billy. What are you doing here? | 比利 你来干嘛 |
[14:09] | You’re gonna keep rubbing that one in, huh? | 你打算一直用那件事来笑话我了是吧 |
[14:11] | To the day I die. | 笑话到我死那天 |
[14:13] | Ain’t you two a couple of fast friends. | 你们俩交上朋友还真快 |
[14:15] | Yeah, I figured Billy should come down, | 对啊 我觉得比利应该来看看 |
[14:16] | take a tour of the new house. | 在这个焕然一新的消防局转上一圈 |
[14:18] | Hey, you want a cappuccino before we start? | 你要先来杯卡布奇诺吗 |
[14:20] | Cappuccino? La dee dah. | 卡布奇诺 很好啊 |
[14:23] | Well, just wait till he shows you about all the different kinds of milk. | 等他给你看不同种类的牛奶时你就不会这么觉得了 |
[14:25] | What, like whole? Skim? | 牛奶有什么种类 全脂 脱脂 |
[14:28] | I have so much to teach you. | 我有太多东西要教你了 |
[14:31] | Have fun. | 玩得开心点 |
[14:33] | Cabinets are all white oak. | 橱柜是白橡木的 |
[14:35] | Pickled satin finish. | 抛光处理过了 |
[14:37] | Counters are steel troweled cement. | 柜台用的是钢镘抹面混凝土 |
[14:39] | I’m just impressed you managed to get out that dank-ass mildew smell. | 你居然成功除掉了那种潮湿的霉味 |
[14:43] | It took bleach. | 我用了漂白剂 |
[14:44] | A lot of bleach. | 相当多的漂白剂 |
[14:46] | Showers are replaced with Rainheads. | 淋浴喷头换成了花洒 |
[14:51] | Talk about living on high cotton. | 这生活品质 够奢侈啊 |
[14:54] | Let me ask you something. | 我想问一下 |
[14:55] | The steel-toed counter– | 钢头的柜台 |
[14:58] | Troweled. | 钢镘抹面混凝土 |
[15:00] | Pickled cabinets… | 抛光的橱柜 |
[15:02] | Those make your people any better at taking doors? | 那些东西会让你的队员们更好地救人 |
[15:05] | Running pipes? | 更好地灭火吗 |
[15:06] | In my experience, | 以我的经验而言 |
[15:07] | people perform at a higher level when they feel valued. | 当人们感觉被重视的时候 他们会表现得更好 |
[15:10] | Then what’s that say I can’t even get a plumber | 所以你都不能分我个水管工 |
[15:12] | out to the 121 to fix a man’s crapper? | 让他去修修121队的厕所吗 |
[15:14] | That your probie oughta watch a YouTube tutorial. | 你应该让你们队里的菜鸟去看看油管教程 |
[15:17] | Touché. | 说得好 |
[15:20] | Took a sledgehammer to the walls | 我们用锤子砸了墙 开了几扇窗户 |
[15:22] | and let some sun in. | 让阳光照进来 |
[15:24] | If Captain Braxton could see this now, | 如果布拉克斯顿队长看到这些 |
[15:25] | he would be spinning. | 他一定会晕头转向的 |
[15:27] | I know an open floor plan isn’t traditional, | 我知道开放内部格局不太符合传统 |
[15:29] | but it allows for a free flow of ideas and communication. | 但这有利于思想的自由交流和沟通 |
[15:33] | Benefits everybody. | 对大家都有利 |
[15:34] | Well, except for the introverts. | 除了那些内向的人 |
[15:36] | What? | 什么 |
[15:37] | Yeah, for them, not having a closed, quiet space leads to stress, | 对他们来说 不待在封闭安静的空间里 会有压力 |
[15:40] | confusion. | 会感觉混乱 |
[15:42] | There was a piece about it in the Economist last month. | 上个月的《经济学人》里有一篇文章谈到了这个 |
[15:44] | Oh, I must have missed that. | 我一定是漏看了 |
[15:45] | You read the Economist? | 你读《经济学人》 |
[15:46] | Why do you say it like that? | 为什么这么说 |
[15:48] | ‘Cause I’m just a big dumb redneck? | 因为我只是一个笨拙的乡巴佬吗 |
[15:49] | – That what you think? – No, no, no. | -你是这么想的吗 -不 不是 |
[15:51] | I didn’t mean it like that. I was just saying– | 我不是这个意思 我只是想说 |
[15:56] | Y’all coastal elites are just so worried about offending people, | 你们这些东海岸的精英们总担心自己冒犯了别人 |
[15:58] | you’re scared of your own shadow. | 你们连自己的影子都害怕 |
[15:59] | I totally got you, New York. | 我可看透你了 纽约佬 |
[16:01] | You got me, Texas. | 确实被你看透了 得州佬 |
[16:03] | – Is that the Camarillo? – Yeah | -那是卡马里洛吗 -是啊 |
[16:04] | – Metal-headed standup. – Yeah, you know your putters. | -金属头L型推杆 -是的 你很了解高尔夫推杆嘛 |
[16:06] | So do you, obviously. | 看来你也是个行家啊 |
[16:09] | Where you play? | 你一般在哪里玩 |
[16:10] | I haven’t had a chance to find a course yet. | 我还没有机会来找场地 |
[16:11] | Well, you’re in luck, | 你很幸运 |
[16:13] | ’cause your new buddy just happens to belong | 因为你的新朋友刚好是 |
[16:15] | to the best country club west of the Brazos. | 布拉索斯西部最好的乡村俱乐部的成员 |
[16:18] | Billy, I think this is gonna be the beginning of a beautiful friendship. | 比利 我觉得这将是一段美好友谊的开始 |
[16:30] | – Help! – Please help! | -救命啊 -谁能帮帮忙 |
[16:35] | – Please, help us! – Help! | -请救救我们 -救命 |
[16:37] | – Please, we’re over here! – Please, we’re right here! | -我们在这里 -我们就在这里 |
[16:39] | – Help! – Help, please! | -救命啊 -请救救我们 |
[16:43] | Holy mother of Cujo, is that– | 天哪 那是 |
[16:46] | Yeah, it’s blood. | 是的 是血迹 |
[16:49] | Hi, girls. I’m Captain Strand. | 你们好 姑娘们 我是斯特兰德队长 |
[16:51] | – What’s your name? – Gabby, sir. | -你叫什么名字 -盖比 先生 |
[16:52] | Well, you’re very polite. And you? | 你真有礼貌 那你呢 |
[16:54] | Sophia. | 索菲娅 |
[16:55] | We were walking home from the bus stop, | 我们当时正从公交车站往家走 |
[16:57] | and he started chasing us. | 然后这只狗就开始追我们 |
[16:59] | All right, you’re being very brave. | 好的 你们非常勇敢 |
[17:01] | Just stay there for a minute. We’re gonna come get you, okay? | 稍等一会儿 我们会来救你们的 好吗 |
[17:04] | What do you think? | 你打算怎么做 |
[17:05] | Extend the ladder, try to scoop him from above? | 伸出梯子 从上方把它抱起来吗 |
[17:07] | Hey, if y’all give me ten minutes, | 给我十分钟 |
[17:08] | I can get animal control out here with the tranq gun. | 我可以让动物控制中心的人带着麻醉枪赶来 |
[17:11] | Just hang on a second. | 稍等片刻 |
[17:14] | You see, his hackles aren’t up. | 看 它的后颈毛没有竖起来 |
[17:16] | His ears are down. | 它的耳朵是垂下来的 |
[17:18] | You see how he’s moving around like that? | 你们看到它走动的方式了吗 |
[17:20] | That’s not a scary dog. That’s a dog that’s scared. | 这不是条吓人的狗 这条狗现在很害怕 |
[17:22] | Nah, it’s plenty scary. | 不 我觉得挺吓人的 |
[17:25] | All right, when I say so, you guys move around | 我一给信号 你们就 |
[17:27] | quietly, slowly, and get those kids. | 安静缓慢地过去救那两个孩子 |
[17:29] | – Not till I tell you. – Got it. | -等我信号 -明白 |
[17:30] | Cap, what are you– | 队长 你要做什么 |
[17:34] | How does your dad know so much about dogs? | 你爸怎么这么了解狗 |
[17:35] | He loves them. And Cesar Millan. | 他爱狗 也爱西泽·米兰[宠物节目《狗语者》主持人] |
[17:39] | Go, go. | 快去 快去 |
[17:44] | Hi, guys, come on. It’s okay. | 来吧 没事的 |
[17:45] | – Come on. – Yeah, you can come down. | -来吧 -是的 你们可以下来了 |
[17:46] | All right. I got you. | 好的 我抱你下来 |
[17:49] | You know you have really big muscles? | 你知不知道你的肌肉真的很发达 |
[17:51] | Trust me, he knows. | 相信我 他知道 |
[17:52] | Thanks. Come on. Let’s go. | 谢谢夸奖 来吧 我们走 |
[17:55] | Hey, it’s okay. | 没事的 |
[17:57] | What happened to you? | 你怎么了 |
[18:02] | Mateo, stay back with those girls. Everybody else, come with me. | 马特奥 留在这陪那些女孩 其他人跟我来 |
[18:05] | – To where? – He wants us to follow him. | -去哪里 -它要我们跟着它 |
[18:07] | Looks like we’re doing that Lassie thing. | 看来就像在《灵犬莱西》里那样 |
[18:08] | Yeah, I guess so. | 我觉得也是 |
[18:14] | Judd, what the hell is that thing? | 贾德 那玩意是什么 |
[18:15] | It’s a Swather. | 那是割谷机 |
[18:16] | It’s like–cuts your field into rows like a big lawn mower. | 能把田地一排一排分割开 就像个大型割草机 |
[18:22] | What is it? What is it, boy? | 怎么了 什么东西 孩子 |
[18:27] | – Help me! – Ladder 126. | -救命 -126云梯队 |
[18:28] | We’re gonna need you to move to our position ASAP. | 我们需要你们尽快转移到我们的位置 |
[18:30] | Help me! | 救救我 |
[18:31] | We’ve got some impalement going on down there. | 他下半身被刺穿了 |
[18:36] | Help me. | 救救我 |
[18:39] | Okay. | 好了 |
[18:40] | It’s okay. It’s okay. | 没关系 你会没事的 |
[18:50] | All right, she’s fueled up now. Should be ready to go. | 加好油了 可以启动了 |
[18:52] | EMS 126, what’s your 20? | 126急救队 你们目前在哪里 |
[18:54] | We’re walking up now. | 我们现在正在路上 |
[18:55] | Hey, Cap, we’re almost ready to roll. | 队长 我们基本准备好启动了 |
[18:58] | Hey, listen. Just relax. | 听着 放轻松 |
[19:00] | Team’s about to come pull you out. | 我们马上就会把你拉出来了 |
[19:02] | Still don’t know what happened. The reel jammed. | 我还是没搞清楚状况 拨禾轮被堵住了 |
[19:04] | Tried clearing it, and it rolled right over me. | 我想去清理 它就轧到我身上了 |
[19:08] | Somewhere up there, my wife’s looking down, | 我老婆就在天上向下望 |
[19:10] | shaking her head. | 摇着头 |
[19:12] | She always used to warn me | 她过去总是警告我 |
[19:13] | about doing field work without a buddy. | 不要在没人陪同的情况下去田里作业 |
[19:15] | Well, I think you had one today. | 我觉得你今天倒确实有伴儿在陪你 |
[19:18] | Is he impaled? | 他被刺穿了吗 |
[19:19] | No, but I think he might be crushed. | 没有 但我想他的骨头可能断掉了 |
[19:22] | We’re ready whenever you are, Captain. | 我们随时待命 队长 |
[19:23] | Roger that. | 收到 |
[19:25] | All right, 126, listen up. | 126队 听着 |
[19:27] | On my count, Judd is gonna raise the header. | 等我数完 贾德会抬起收割台 |
[19:29] | I want TK, Marjan, and Paul pull him out. | TK 马里安和保罗去把他拉出来 |
[19:32] | We’re gonna turn him over to medical. | 然后让急救队接手 |
[19:33] | Everybody good? | 都明白了吗 |
[19:39] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[19:54] | – Ready, set. – One, two, three. | -准备好了 -一 二 三 |
[19:59] | Just slide it forward a little bit. | 向前滑动一点就行了 |
[20:06] | Gillian, start an IV. Fast flow. | 吉利安 开始静脉注射 流速快点 |
[20:08] | Let’s get him into shock position. | 把他双腿抬高 |
[20:10] | Hi, I’m Michelle. | 你好 我是米歇尔 |
[20:12] | We’re just gonna take a quick look at you | 我们会给你做个快速检查 |
[20:14] | before we get you to the hospital. | 然后我们就送你去医院 |
[20:16] | He’s tachypneic. | 他呼吸急促 |
[20:18] | Take some deep breaths, okay? | 深呼吸 好吗 |
[20:23] | – Cap. – Can you get a distal pulse? | -队长 -你能摸到远端脉搏吗 |
[20:28] | Skin’s cold to the touch. | 皮肤摸上去很凉 |
[20:31] | Sir, can you feel this? | 先生 你能感觉到吗 |
[20:32] | – I’m touching your shin. – No, ma’am. | -我在摸你的小腿 -感觉不到 女士 |
[20:34] | The rest of my leg hurts like hell. | 我腿上其他部分疼得要死 |
[20:36] | Okay, it’s not spinal. | 好吧 不是脊椎损伤 |
[20:38] | I think this is Compartment Syndrome. | 我认为这是筋膜室综合征 |
[20:40] | Get me some saline, alcohol, and a scalpel for a fasciotomy. | 把生理盐水 酒精和手术刀拿来 我要做筋膜切开术 |
[20:43] | The swelling’s too severe. | 肿胀太严重了 |
[20:44] | It’s cutting off the blood flow to your leg, okay? | 它阻断了你腿上的血流 好吗 |
[20:46] | I have to relieve the pressure now, | 我现在得减压 |
[20:48] | or you’re gonna lose it before we get to the hospital. | 否则你会在我们到医院之前失去这条腿 |
[20:50] | – Well, then, by all means. – Push him a mil morphine. | -好吧 你尽全力吧 -给他注射一毫升吗啡 |
[20:52] | If something happens to me, can one of y’all call my son? | 如果我出了什么事 你们能给我儿子打个电话吗 |
[20:55] | Ask him to pick up Peanut. | 叫他把花生接走 |
[20:57] | We promise. | 我们保证 |
[20:58] | Don’t worry, boy. | 别担心 孩子 |
[20:59] | He’s in good hands. | 他会得到很好的救治的 |
[21:02] | Okay. | 好的 |
[21:03] | Sir, you should look away for this. | 先生 你还是别看了 |
[21:08] | Here we go. | 开始吧 |
[21:10] | Okay. Feel some pressure. | 好的 我感受到了一些压力 |
[21:15] | Okay. | 好了 |
[21:16] | We’re all set, sir. | 已经好了 先生 |
[21:18] | – Am I gonna keep my leg? – I think so. | -我的腿保住了吗 -应该是的 |
[21:23] | Wait, wait. Hey, Peanut. | 等等 等等 花生 |
[21:24] | Come here, boy. | 过来 孩子 |
[21:25] | Come here, boy. | 过来 孩子 |
[21:27] | Oh, that is so not sanitary. | 那也太不卫生了 |
[21:30] | I love you so much! | 我爱死你了 |
[21:32] | I’d be a goner if it wasn’t for you. | 要不是你 我就死定了 |
[21:33] | Yeah, you would’ve. Got yourself a good dog. | 那可不 你确实养了条好狗 |
[21:35] | Best friend I ever had. | 它是我此生最好的朋友 |
[21:45] | You know this is a hazard, Captain. | 这事有风险啊 队长 |
[21:48] | Don’t distract me. | 别分散我的注意力 |
[21:50] | If you can’t putt under pressure, | 如果你不能在背负着压力的情况下击球入洞 |
[21:52] | you’re not gonna be able to beat Billy. | 你是没法打败比利的 |
[21:55] | I heard you gave him a tour of the house. | 我听说你带他参观了一圈消防局 |
[21:59] | He invited you golfing, didn’t he? | 是他邀请你去打高尔夫的 对吗 |
[22:00] | No, no, no, I just enjoy doing this | 不不不 我只是很喜欢打高尔夫 |
[22:03] | ’cause I find it to be relaxing. | 因为我觉得这很令人放松 |
[22:06] | God–What?! | 天哪 搞什么啊 |
[22:08] | Yes. He invited me to golf, but… | 没错 他邀请我去打高尔夫 但是 |
[22:12] | I haven’t swung a club in quite a while, | 我很久没挥杆了 |
[22:13] | so I’m a little rusty. | 所以技艺有点生疏 |
[22:15] | Word of advice. | 给你个建议 |
[22:17] | Keep an eye on Billy. | 盯着点比利 |
[22:19] | You’re saying that I shouldn’t trust him with our score card? | 你是说我不该把记分卡托付给他吗 |
[22:23] | I’m saying he can be a little bit slippery. | 我是说他有点狡猾 |
[22:26] | I know what you’re doin’. | 我知道你想干什么了 |
[22:27] | Oh? Do tell. | 是吗 跟我讲讲 |
[22:29] | You’re poisoning the well of a potential friendship. | 你在破坏我们可能建立起的友谊 |
[22:32] | And why would I do that? | 我为什么要那么做 |
[22:33] | You really gonna make me say it? | 你真想让我说吗 |
[22:35] | Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. | 被甩的女人都爱记前任的仇 |
[22:37] | He told me you guys used to have a thing. | 他跟我说过你是他前任 |
[22:40] | Who said I was the one scorned? | 谁说我是被甩的那个 |
[22:43] | Just be careful. | 小心点就行 |
[22:46] | Thing about Billy– | 关于比利 |
[22:47] | he likes to win… | 他喜欢赢 |
[22:49] | a little too much. | 但有些太好胜了 |
[22:51] | That makes two of us. | 我也一样 |
[22:57] | All right, listen up, ’cause I’m only gonna say this once. | 好了 注意听 我只说一遍 |
[22:59] | The ignition temperature of barium’s 550 degrees Celsius, | 钡的着火点是550摄氏度 |
[23:03] | bismuth, 735 degrees Celsius, | 铋的着火点是735摄氏度 |
[23:06] | butane, 405 degrees Celsius. | 丁烷的着火点是405摄氏度 |
[23:08] | Good God, how many of these are there? | 我的天 到底还有多少要读啊 |
[23:10] | During a fire in a high rise, | 高楼大厦着火时 |
[23:12] | firefighters may relocate occupants | 消防员可能需要将人员转移到 |
[23:14] | to another part of the building known as a “Safe area of refuge.” | 建筑物中另一个叫做”安全避难区”的地方去 |
[23:18] | Back Pressure or Head Pressure | 对于回压和水头压力 |
[23:19] | is measured in pounds per square inch, psi. | 单位应为磅每平方英寸 |
[23:22] | Come on. | 快走 |
[23:25] | When taking an infant’s pulse, | 在测量婴儿的脉搏时 |
[23:26] | first responders should always start with the brachial artery. | 急救人员应该首先从肱动脉开始测量 |
[23:31] | Pop quiz, Probie. | 快问快答 菜鸟 |
[23:33] | Roughly 350 gallons just came out of that hydrant. | 大约有350加仑的水从那个消防栓涌出 |
[23:35] | So how many pounds of water are running down the street right now? | 那么现在街上流淌着多少磅水 |
[23:39] | Come on, bro, tell me you know how much a gallon of water weighs. | 拜托 兄弟 你应该知道一加仑水有多重吧 |
[23:44] | Nope. | 你不知道 |
[23:46] | Water weighs 8.33 pounds per gallon. | 一加仑水重8.33磅 |
[23:49] | It’s 2,915.5. | 共计2915.5磅水 |
[23:52] | How many feet in one section of an inch and a half hose? | 一根直径1.5英寸的水管长几英尺 |
[23:55] | – 40. No, 50–50 feet. – There we go, there we go. | -40 不 50英尺 -这就对了 |
[23:58] | What becomes difficult to ignite | 空气中的含水量 |
[23:59] | – when the moisture content goes above what percent? – 15? | -超过百分之多少时不易点燃 -15%吗 |
[24:02] | – Are you asking, you telling? – Telling! | -你是在问我还是在回答 -回答 |
[24:06] | Paper– 218 to 245 degrees Celsius. | 纸的着火点是218到245摄氏度 |
[24:08] | Phosphorous–34 degrees Celsius. | 磷的着火点是34摄氏度 |
[24:11] | The range of an aerial ladder platform is 85 to 100 feet. | 云梯平台的伸展范围是85到100英尺 |
[24:14] | The telescoping aerial ladder is– | 伸缩云梯的伸展范围是 |
[24:16] | 50 to 100 feet. | 50到100英尺 |
[24:20] | Medical technique to remove an object from the throat. | 如何用医疗手段从喉咙中清除异物 |
[24:22] | Abdominal thrust. | 腹部推压 |
[24:23] | At which phase of the fire is evidence collected? | 火势烧到什么阶段时收集证据 |
[24:25] | Overhaul phase. | 排查隐患阶段 |
[24:26] | The pressure you pump to the tip of a 2-1/2-inch spray nozzle. | 需要抽送多大压力给2.5英寸的喷嘴 |
[24:28] | 75 psi. | 75磅每平方英寸 |
[24:30] | Ignition point of magnesium. | 镁的着火点是 |
[24:31] | 473 degrees Celsius. | 473摄氏度 |
[24:33] | Or 883 degrees Fahrenheit. | 或者883华氏度 |
[24:36] | Don’t be smart… Probie. | 别自作聪明 菜鸟 |
[24:45] | Now, this hole’s a little longer than it looks. | 这个洞的位置比看上去远一些 |
[24:47] | It’s, about 35 to the pin. | 大概离旗杆有35码 |
[24:49] | But wind’s comin’ back at us today, | 但今天是逆风 |
[24:51] | so you’re probably gonna need… | 所以你可能需要 |
[24:53] | 8-iron? | 用8号球杆 |
[24:55] | What, you a caddy now? | 怎么 你是球童吗 |
[24:56] | I’ll get there with a 9. | 我会用9号球杆击球入洞 |
[24:58] | Go get ’em, tiger. | 去拿杆吧 小老虎 |
[25:16] | Nice shot, New York. | 好球 纽约佬 |
[25:32] | Lucky shot, Texas. | 运气球 得州佬 |
[25:34] | That’ll do. | 也行吧 |
[25:38] | Judd told me you took a year’s leave from the firehouse. | 贾德告诉我你从消防局请了一年假 |
[25:41] | How could you stand it? | 你怎么受得了的 |
[25:44] | Judd’s got loose lips. | 贾德嘴真大 |
[25:46] | Well, forget I mentioned it. | 当我没说 |
[25:47] | I was just…thinkin’. | 我刚刚只是在想 |
[25:50] | Wondering what it would be like | 如果我不得不休一段时间假 |
[25:53] | if I had to take some time off. | 那会是什么样 |
[25:56] | Pure, unadulterated hell. | 完全和地狱一样 |
[26:00] | I had thyroid cancer. | 我得了甲状腺癌 |
[26:04] | It was lookin’ bleak for a minute but, | 情况一度很糟糕 |
[26:06] | I nuked it–chemo. | 但是治好了 靠化疗 |
[26:09] | I’m not a prayin’ man, but… | 我不是个爱祈祷的人 但 |
[26:12] | I said, “Lord, | 我祈祷说 “主啊 |
[26:13] | give me full remission or give me death.” | 要么让我痊愈 要么让我痛快死掉” |
[26:16] | Twice divorced, no kids. | 离过两次婚 没有孩子 |
[26:18] | I mean, without the job, what’s the point, right? | 没了工作 活着还有什么意义呢 |
[26:20] | Damndest thing is | 最操蛋的是 |
[26:22] | if I hadn’t gotten cancer, | 如果我没得癌症 |
[26:24] | I’d died that night on the rig with the rest of the boys from 126. | 那晚我就会跟126队的兄弟们一起丧命了 |
[26:29] | So, in a funny way, | 所以 说来好笑 |
[26:30] | might’ve been the best thing that ever happened to me. | 这癌症可能也算是因祸得福吧 |
[26:36] | Combustible metals are classified | 可燃金属被定为 |
[26:38] | as what type of fuel– | 哪一类可燃物 |
[26:39] | Class B, D, F, or K? | B类 D类 F类还是K类 |
[26:42] | D. | D类 |
[26:44] | No, K. | 不对 是K类 |
[26:46] | Or is it B? | 还是B类 |
[26:48] | Class B. | B类 |
[26:49] | Is that your final answer? | 这就是你的最终答案吗 |
[26:51] | Yep. For sure. | 是的 确定 |
[26:55] | It’s Class D. | 是D类 |
[26:56] | Class B are for flammable liquid fires. | B类是可燃液体 |
[26:58] | I’m so screwed. | 我完蛋了 |
[27:00] | It’s like I wake up and it’s all gone. | 睡一觉醒来全忘了 |
[27:01] | That’s not how brains work, Probie. | 大脑不是那样运转的 菜鸟 |
[27:03] | Do me a favor and just don’t think. | 帮我个忙 不要过度思考 |
[27:05] | Say the first thing that pops into your head, okay? | 回答的时候 说出脑中浮现的第一个答案 |
[27:07] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[27:08] | BTU of paper. | 纸张的英国热量单位 |
[27:10] | 12,500 to 1,500. | 12500到1500 |
[27:12] | Example of reactive gas. | 举出一例活性气体 |
[27:13] | Argon. | 氩气 |
[27:15] | Okay, see, it’s all still in there. | 你看 还是记得的 |
[27:17] | You just freak out every time I ask in the form of multiple choice. | 每次我用单选题形式问你的时候 你就抓狂了 |
[27:21] | Why? | 为什么 |
[27:22] | Seeing that test… | 这次考试 |
[27:25] | knowing what could happen if I fail… | 如果挂掉 我知道会发生什么 |
[27:27] | That you wash out? | 被淘汰吗 |
[27:28] | You can’t put that kind of pressure on yourself. | 你不要把这种压力放在身上 |
[27:30] | That I get deported. | 我会被驱逐出境 |
[27:33] | – What? – Yeah. | -什么 -是的 |
[27:35] | I’m a Dreamer. | 我怀揣美国梦 |
[27:38] | My parents brought me here when I was two. | 我两岁的时候父母把我带到这里 |
[27:41] | I didn’t even know | 直到17岁的时候 |
[27:42] | I didn’t have an American birth certificate until I was 17. | 我才知道我没有美国的出生证明 |
[27:46] | Look, my DACA status is up for renewal, | 我的”童年入境暂缓遣返”计划要更新了 |
[27:48] | and if I don’t pass this test, | 如果考不过 |
[27:50] | I won’t have a job or any employable skills. | 我就没了这份工作 也没有可雇佣的技能 |
[27:56] | I don’t know what I’ll do if they kick me out. | 如果他们把我驱逐出境 我不知道该怎么办 |
[27:59] | So, yeah… | 所以 是的 |
[28:01] | I’m feelin’ the pressure. | 压力太大了 |
[28:13] | Memento mori. | 人终有一死 |
[28:15] | It’s a trick I learned from the stoics. | 我从斯多葛派学者那里学来的 |
[28:18] | Whenever you get stressed, just remind yourself that… | 每当你感到压力很大的时候 提醒自己 |
[28:21] | soon you’re gonna die anyway. | 人终有一死 |
[28:24] | Everybody will. | 谁也逃不过 |
[28:28] | Is that supposed to make me feel better? | 这会让我好受些是吗 |
[28:30] | When you’re in fight or flight mode, | 当你处在困境之中 或神游天外时 |
[28:32] | you can’t think clearly at the same time. | 你是没办法冷静思考的 |
[28:35] | If you can convince your brain | 如果你能让大脑 |
[28:36] | that none of it really matters anyway, | 相信一切都不那么重要 |
[28:38] | then…you’ll basically be a Jedi. | 那…你就成了绝地武士 |
[28:44] | Well, as long as it’s old-school Obi-Wan | 只要是保守的欧比旺[星战人物] |
[28:46] | and not that weak-ass Qui-Gon Jinn. | 别是弱鸡奎刚·金就行[星战人物] |
[28:48] | Yeah, I have no idea what any of that means. | 我都不知道你说的俩人是谁 |
[28:51] | But I am gonna be in there with you by your side… | 但我会竭尽全力 陪在你身边 |
[28:56] | the whole time. | 从始至终 |
[29:03] | Marjan? | 马里安 |
[29:09] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[29:10] | Hey…it’s what friends are for. | 身为朋友 应该的 |
[29:26] | Well, I guess this is the end of the road. | 这里就是路的尽头了 |
[29:30] | Joe, you were one hell of an angler | 乔 你是超棒的钓手 |
[29:32] | and the best damn friend a fella could ask for. | 也是最好的朋友 |
[29:36] | Clint, you wanna say a few words? | 克林特 你要说两句吗 |
[29:39] | We miss the hell outta you, buddy. | 我们很想念你 兄弟 |
[29:40] | See ya on the flip. | 另一头见 |
[29:42] | “See you on the flip”? That’s all you got? | “另一头见” 你就想出这句词 |
[29:45] | I was friends with the man for 37 years. | 我跟他做了37年朋友 |
[29:48] | He knows how I feel. | 他知道我的感受 |
[29:51] | Don’t gimme that look, Vernon. | 别那么看着我 弗农 |
[29:53] | Dragged my ass out here with a temperature of 1001. | 天气这么冷 被你拽到这里 |
[29:56] | Shame on you. It was Joe’s dyin’ wish | 真丢人 这可是乔的遗愿 |
[29:58] | to spread his ashes at his favorite spot | 把骨灰撒在他最爱的地方 |
[30:01] | – where he caught– – Caught the 19-pound largemouth. I know. | -他在这里钓到了 -钓到了19磅大口黑鲈 我知道 |
[30:04] | Could it not have waited until June? | 就不能等到六月份吗 |
[30:07] | – It’s colder’n a witch’s ti– – Language! | -这里冷得跟老巫婆的… -嘴放干净 |
[30:09] | Show some respect. | 放尊重一点 |
[30:10] | I wasn’t about to let our friend | 我不会让我们的朋友 |
[30:12] | spend three months in a plastic bag. | 在塑料袋里待上三个月的 |
[30:15] | Well, in the name of all things holy, | 以圣父圣子圣灵之名 |
[30:17] | let’s do this. | 开始吧 |
[30:23] | Now what? | 又怎么了 |
[30:25] | I thought it was supposed to be ashes. | 我以为这里面应该只有灰啊 |
[30:27] | Why’s it chunky? | 为什么还有块状物 |
[30:29] | It’s cremains. It ain’t powdered sugar. | 这是骨灰 又不是糖粉 |
[30:32] | There’s pieces of teeth and bones | 里面会有一些牙齿和骸骨碎片 |
[30:34] | and probably some metal in there from Joe’s bum knee. | 也可能是乔膝盖骨上的金属碎片 |
[30:38] | “Cremains”? | “骨灰” |
[30:39] | Don’t tell me you’re gettin’ squeamish. | 别告诉我你已经被吓傻了 |
[30:41] | I-I-I just didn’t know it’d be chunky. | 我不知道这玩意里还会有块状物啊 |
[30:44] | Hell. Give it here. | 别啰嗦了 拿来吧 |
[30:47] | You big baby. | 矫情死了 |
[30:51] | Godspeed. | 上帝保佑 |
[30:58] | Clint! Clint, you all right? | 克林特 克林特 你没事吧 |
[31:00] | Clint! | 克林特 |
[31:12] | Okay, sir, who is Joe, and | 先生 乔是谁 |
[31:13] | what part of your friend is he chokin’ on? | 他是被你朋友的哪部分呛到了 |
[31:15] | I don’t know–we were spreadin’ his ashes out at Lake Travis, | 我不知道 我们正往特拉维斯湖里撒他的骨灰 |
[31:18] | and the wind shifted and Clint inhaled a whole cloud of it. | 然后吹来一阵风 克林特把骨灰全吸进去了 |
[31:21] | He can’t breathe! | 他不能呼吸了 |
[31:22] | Okay, sir, what part of Lake Travis are you on? | 好的先生 你们在特拉维斯湖的什么位置 |
[31:24] | We’re at the Cypress foot bridge at the northeast end of the lake. | 我们在特拉维斯湖东北角的柏树桥上 |
[31:27] | Ooh, okay. Help is on the way, sir, | 好的 我马上派人去救你 |
[31:29] | but it’s gonna take ’em a minute. | 但是他们需要一点时间 |
[31:30] | In the meantime, I need you to take your friend | 与此同时 我需要你把你的朋友扶起 |
[31:32] | and turn him on his left side. | 往左边侧卧 |
[31:34] | Put your ear next to his mouth. | 把你的耳朵靠近他的嘴巴 |
[31:35] | Okay…yeah. | 好的 |
[31:36] | – Can you hear or feel any air coming out? – Barely. | -你能听到或感受到呼吸吗 -很微弱 |
[31:39] | It’s like he’s clogged up! | 他好像被噎住了 |
[31:41] | Come on, buddy. | 坚持住 兄弟 |
[31:42] | Come on, spit it out! | 坚持住 快吐出来 |
[31:43] | – Are you hitting him in the back? – Yes, ma’am. | -你是在拍打他的后背吗 -是的 |
[31:45] | Don’t. That could make the ash settle deeper. | 不可以 那样会让骨灰沉淀得更深 |
[31:47] | Is your friend an asthmatic? | 你朋友有哮喘病吗 |
[31:48] | No, but I think he’s got the flu. | 没有 但是他得了流感 |
[31:49] | If his airways were already compromised, | 如果他的呼吸道已经受损的话 |
[31:51] | – the ash could cause his windpipe to close up. – Oh, God. | -骨灰可能会导致他的气管闭合 -天哪 |
[31:54] | He’s turnin’ blue, he’s turnin’ blue! | 他的脸已经发青了 脸色发青了 |
[31:56] | Okay, remain calm. | 好的 保持冷静 |
[31:59] | We’re gonna make a hot compress to open up his airways. | 我们要用热敷法打开他的呼吸道 |
[32:01] | Do you have a towel or a sweatshirt? | 你那边有毛巾或者运动衫吗 |
[32:04] | I think so. In my truck. | 应该有 在我车里 |
[32:05] | All right. I need you to wet it in the lake | 好的 我需要你把毛巾浸湿 |
[32:07] | and get it as hot as you can. | 把毛巾弄得越热越好 |
[32:08] | How’m I gonna do that? | 这要怎么做 |
[32:09] | I’m here in the middle of nowhere! | 我周围什么都没有 |
[32:10] | Don’t worry. I have an idea, okay? | 别担心 我有个主意 |
[32:14] | Start your truck and let it idle. | 把车开火 |
[32:16] | I want you to wrap the wet towel around the tailpipe until it steams. | 把湿毛巾裹在排气管上直到毛巾冒烟 |
[32:20] | Be careful not to breathe in any fumes. | 小心不要吸到尾气 |
[32:23] | Okay, it’s steamin’. What do I do? | 好了 冒烟了 现在该怎么做 |
[32:24] | Press it directly onto his chest. | 直接把毛巾放在他的胸口上 |
[32:26] | Okay. Come on, please. Hey… | 拜托了 拜托了 |
[32:29] | Hey, I-I-I think it’s workin’. | 好像有用 |
[32:31] | Come on, Clint, breathe! | 克林特 快呼吸 |
[32:32] | Breathe! | 呼吸啊 |
[32:34] | Hey, Clint! | 克林特 |
[32:35] | Ya all right, buddy? | 你还好吗 伙计 |
[32:37] | I almost just died, and I’m soppin’ wet. | 我差点死掉 还浑身都湿透了 |
[32:41] | I got a mouthful of cremains. | 还有一嘴的骨灰 |
[32:44] | What do you think? | 你觉得我好不好 |
[32:50] | Is your friend okay? | 你朋友没事了吗 |
[32:51] | yeah, he’s bustin’ to fight. | 是的 他都能斗嘴了 |
[32:52] | I think he’s back to normal. | 我觉得他应该没事了 |
[32:54] | Well, he is lucky you were there. | 幸亏有你 他才得救 |
[32:56] | You are a great friend, sir. | 你真是一个很好的朋友 先生 |
[33:00] | Well, I don’t know about you, but… | 我不知道你怎么想 但是 |
[33:02] | I’m gonna be getting the meat sweats tonight. | 我今晚绝对要好好锻炼一下 |
[33:04] | You eat this, Captain? | 你还吃吗 队长 |
[33:07] | Have at it. | 你吃吧 |
[33:10] | You ain’t worried about your girlish figure? | 你就不担心你身材走样吗 |
[33:12] | Looks like a poker table isn’t the only table I can run you off of. | 看来我不止可以在扑克牌桌上赢过你 |
[33:16] | What are you doin’? You can’t smoke that in here. | 你在做什么 你不能在这里吸烟 |
[33:18] | Why not? Do it all the time. | 为什么不能 我一直都这样 |
[33:20] | What are they gonna do, call the fire marshal? | 他们能怎么样 给消防局长打电话吗 |
[33:22] | I was in his wedding. | 我还参加过局长的婚礼呢 |
[33:25] | No. | 不用了 |
[33:27] | I don’t smoke cigars. | 我不抽雪茄 |
[33:28] | Well, that’s probably because you haven’t had the right one. | 那可能是因为你没抽过好的 |
[33:31] | See, this here is a Cuban Cohiba. | 你看 这是古巴的高希霸雪茄 |
[33:34] | One of the finest in the world. | 是全世界最高级的雪茄之一 |
[33:36] | Go ahead. Give it a whiff. | 来吧 闻一闻 |
[33:42] | Nicaraguan leaves. | 尼加拉瓜的烟草 |
[33:45] | Aged two years. | 陈化了两年 |
[33:46] | In Spanish sherry barrels. | 贮存在西班牙的雪莉酒桶里 |
[33:49] | I know. | 我知道 |
[33:50] | Thought you didn’t like cigars. | 我还以为你不喜欢雪茄呢 |
[33:51] | I don’t like ’em. I love ’em. | 我不是喜欢 我是爱死它们了 |
[33:53] | Well, then, fire one up, my friend. | 那么 就抽一根吧 我的朋友 |
[33:57] | I’ve got lung cancer. | 我得了肺癌 |
[34:05] | Damn. | 该死 |
[34:07] | I’m sorry as hell to hear that, Owen. | 我很遗憾 欧文 |
[34:10] | That’s why I was so curious about | 这就是为什么我如此好奇 |
[34:11] | how you were handling the idea of maybe having to hang up your helmet. | 你是怎样处理可能不得不放弃工作的想法的 |
[34:15] | Well, it is a gut check, for sure. | 这事肯定要胆量 |
[34:18] | But… | 不过 |
[34:20] | You’ll pass the test too. Don’t worry about it. | 你肯定会战胜病魔的 别担心 |
[34:23] | – When do you start treatment? – Already have. | -你什么时候开始治疗 -已经在治了 |
[34:26] | Hold on. You’re doin’ chemo… | 等等 你一边化疗 |
[34:29] | On the job. | 一边还在工作 |
[34:30] | – What are you, Hercules? – Hardly. | -你还好吗 大力神 -一点也不好 |
[34:32] | Almost passed out doin’ bench presses the other day. | 前几天 我做卧推时差点晕过去 |
[34:35] | Yeah, I have to sneak off to puke every now and then, | 是啊 我时不时还得偷偷摸摸地去吐 |
[34:38] | but I’m gettin’ through it. | 但我正在克服 |
[34:40] | You know what that makes you, Owen? | 你知道它会让你变成什么吗 欧文 |
[34:42] | What does that makes me, Billy? | 它会让我变成什么呢 比利 |
[34:43] | My damn hero. | 变成该死的英雄 |
[34:51] | Deep breaths, Probie. | 深呼吸 菜鸟 |
[34:53] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[34:55] | Yeah. I think I’m gonna vomit. | 还好 我觉得我快要吐了 |
[34:58] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不不不不 |
[34:59] | I-it’s passing. I’m good. | 那感觉已经过了 我现在没事了 |
[35:01] | – You sure? – Yeah. | -你确定吗 -是啊 |
[35:04] | Definitely. I think. | 我确定 吧 |
[35:07] | Hey, look at me. | 看着我 |
[35:09] | This is the easy part. You’ve done the work. | 你已经下过苦功夫了 现在只是简单的考试环节 |
[35:12] | Just stay present, listen to my voice, | 你只要关注眼下 听着我的声音 |
[35:14] | and I promise you, the answers’ll pop right into your head. | 我保证 答案会自动跳进你的脑子里的 |
[35:17] | Remember, in a hundred years, | 记住 一百年之后 |
[35:18] | no one’ll care what happens anyway. | 根本没人会在意到底发生了什么 |
[35:20] | Chavez, Mateo. | 马特奥·查韦斯 |
[35:23] | Okay, it’s go time. | 好吧 该上战场了 |
[35:25] | Shoulders back. Head held high. | 挺胸抬头 |
[35:27] | We got this. | 我们做得到 |
[35:28] | Say it… | 说吧 |
[35:30] | We got this. | 我们做得到 |
[35:34] | Ma’am, you’ll have to wait outside. | 女士 你必须在外面等着 |
[35:36] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[35:37] | I have to read his exam to him. | 我必须给他读考试题 |
[35:38] | We don’t allow firefighters from the same house | 我们不允许来自同一队伍的消防员 |
[35:40] | to proctor each other– it’s Academy policy. | 相互监考 这是学院的规定 |
[35:42] | -But in Miami, I– This isn’t Miami, sweetheart. | -但在迈阿密 -这里可不是迈阿密 亲爱的 |
[35:44] | Besides, he’s more accustomed to my dulcet tones than yours anyhow. | 此外 比起你的声音 他更熟悉我悦耳的声音 |
[35:50] | You know this guy? | 你认识这个人吗 |
[35:51] | He was my old captain. He sucks! | 他是我以前的队长 他烂死了 |
[35:54] | Style points for creativity, though. | 不过 你还真有创造力 |
[35:57] | Nobody’s ever played the Disability Act card | 之前还没有人打着”残疾牌” |
[36:00] | to retread their exam. | 来重新参加考试呢 |
[36:05] | Probie. | 菜鸟 |
[36:07] | Memento mori. | 人终有一死 |
[36:21] | Is the temperature okay for you? | 温度合适吗 |
[36:23] | Can I get you a coffee, one of those fizzy waters? | 需要我给你来杯咖啡或者苏打水吗 |
[36:26] | No, thanks, I’m… I’m okay. | 不了 谢谢 我没事 |
[36:29] | It’s called sarcasm, Einstein. | 这叫做讽刺 爱因斯坦 |
[36:40] | Question One… | 第一题 |
[36:56] | You guys are here? | 你们怎么都在这里 |
[36:57] | On your day off? | 今天不是放假吗 |
[36:59] | Well, we may not be on a shift, | 好吧 我们可能不在上班 |
[37:00] | but we never take a day off from being the 126. | 但我们每时每刻都是126队的成员 |
[37:02] | Yeah, so if it’s good news, we’ll go get some beers, | 是啊 如果是好消息 我们就去喝啤酒庆祝 |
[37:04] | and if it’s bad news, we’ll go drink some whiskey. | 如果是坏消息 我们就去喝威士忌疗伤 |
[37:06] | Or mineral water. | 或是矿泉水 |
[37:07] | Some of will be having mineral water either way. | 无论哪种情况 有些人只喝矿泉水 |
[37:09] | So how’d it go? | 所以 你考得怎么样 |
[37:11] | That guy was a total dick. | 那家伙就是个彻头彻尾的混蛋 |
[37:12] | He tried to make me feel like a idiot with every question. | 他问的每个问题都想让我怀疑自己的智商 |
[37:15] | I mean, my face got all hot | 我是说 我整个脸都在发烫 |
[37:16] | and everything started getting all blurry. | 所有东西都变得模糊不清 |
[37:18] | That’s a bunch-a BS, Probie. | 这不是胡来吗 菜鸟 |
[37:20] | We can contest the results. | 我们可以对结果提出异议 |
[37:21] | That’s probably not a good idea, Cap. | 这可能不是个好主意 队长 |
[37:23] | I kinda told him we’d be dead soon. | 我告诉他 不久后我们都会死 |
[37:25] | That is dark, Probie. | 那太悲观了 菜鸟 |
[37:26] | That’s what Marjan taught me. Monumental Moriarty, right? | 那就是马里安教我的 人终有一死 对吧 |
[37:29] | You mean like the Sherlock Holmes guy? | 你说的是夏洛克·福尔摩斯的死对头吗 |
[37:31] | I think some parts might have got lost in translation. | 我想可能是翻译的时候有部分出问题了 |
[37:34] | – Did it help? – Hell, yeah. | -那有用吗 -有用 |
[37:37] | I got a 92%. What? | 我得了92分 我都没料到 |
[37:41] | My man! | 兄弟好样的 |
[37:42] | – That’s what I’m talkin’ about. Boy, good job, – I just kidding. | -我就说你可以吧 干得漂亮 -我开玩笑的 |
[37:46] | I’m proud of you. | 我为你感到骄傲 |
[37:49] | It was all because of you, Marjan. | 这都要归功于你 马里安 |
[37:51] | No, it was because of you, Mateo. | 不 多亏你自己 马特奥 |
[37:54] | Hey, you called me Mateo. | 你叫我马特奥 |
[37:56] | Don’t ruin it. | 别破坏气氛 |
[38:01] | This is Captain Strand. Oh, hello. | 我是斯特兰德队长 你好 |
[38:05] | I can be there in an hour. | 我一小时内到 |
[38:10] | Who was that? | 是谁 |
[38:11] | Deputy Fire Chief Radford. | 消防局副局长拉德福 |
[38:17] | Deputy Chief Radford, What’s going on? | 拉德福副局 怎么了 |
[38:18] | Captain Strand, thanks for comin’ in on your day off. | 斯特兰德队长 多谢你在休假时还赶来 |
[38:21] | Billy. | 比利 |
[38:23] | New York. | 纽约佬 |
[38:23] | Captain Tyson and I are old buddies, | 泰森队长和我是老朋友了 |
[38:26] | and he happened to mention to me at the club | 在俱乐部 他偶然间向我提到你 |
[38:28] | how much he admired you fighting through your, | 他十分敬佩你 在诊断出癌症后 |
[38:31] | cancer diagnosis. | 依然勇敢地执行任务 |
[38:33] | He did, did he? | 可不是吗 |
[38:34] | Yeah, sorry, bud. I didn’t know you hadn’t told him. | 对不起兄弟 我不知道你没告诉他 |
[38:38] | You seem like such an above-the-board guy. | 你看起来是个坦率的人 |
[38:40] | – Likewise. – So it’s true? | -彼此彼此 -那就说明是真的喽 |
[38:44] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[38:45] | Okay, what you’ve done in a short time | 那么短的时间里 |
[38:47] | with the 126 has been very impressive, | 你不仅要处理自己的事情 |
[38:50] | throw in everything you’ve been dealing with, it’s miraculous. | 还把126队带领得很好 非常厉害 |
[38:53] | – Thank you. – But I’m concerned. | -谢谢 -但我很担心 |
[38:54] | Captain Tyson has told me about these fainting spells | 泰森队长告诉我你头晕的事 |
[38:58] | – and you getting sick on calls? – That’s an exaggeration. | -你会在接警时犯恶心吗 -太夸张了 |
[39:00] | I’ve been dealing with this for months without a complaint. | 我已经这样好几个月了 没有任何投诉 |
[39:03] | But it’s not just your safety that I’m concerned about. | 但我担心的不止是你的安全 |
[39:05] | If your fitness is in any way compromised, | 如果你的健康出现任何问题 |
[39:07] | that puts your crew and the public at risk. | 那会让你的团队和大众都处在危险中 |
[39:10] | Hey, there’s no shame in takin’ a break. | 暂时休养下没什么的 |
[39:13] | I sat out for a year. Now I run the 121. | 我离开了一年 现在还是掌管着121队 |
[39:15] | Look at Tiger–finally took time off to heal, | 看看老虎伍德 花点时间治好病回来 |
[39:18] | came back, won the Masters. Again. | 照样再次赢得高尔夫大师赛的冠军 |
[39:21] | Yeah, well, I don’t need a break. | 我不需要休养 |
[39:24] | Look, I’m as fit as anybody in this department to serve. | 我和队里每个人一样 可以胜任这份工作 |
[39:27] | – I wanna believe that, Captain. – I’ll prove it. | -我很想相信你 队长 -我会证明给你们看 |
[39:30] | How? | 怎么证明 |
[39:31] | Gotta run the CPAT. | 参加消防学院的体能测试 |
[39:33] | Only I’ll do it in full PPEs. | 只要我能穿着全套防护装备完成就证明没问题 |
[39:36] | You’re gonna do the entire Cadet Physical Ability test | 你要进行学员体能测试 |
[39:40] | with an extra 75 of equipment on your back? | 还背着额外的75个装备 |
[39:44] | 25-year-olds in peak condition can’t do that. | 25岁的人在巅峰状态下也做不到 |
[39:46] | Well, then there’ll be no doubt, will there? | 这样不就没有任何可怀疑的了吗 |
[39:49] | I guess you’ve earned that chance. | 我给你这个机会 |
[39:51] | But if you don’t pass, | 但如果你未能通过 |
[39:53] | I’m afraid that I’m gonna have to classify you as unfit for field duty. | 恐怕我就要认定你不适合出外勤了 |
[39:58] | You just set a date and a time. | 你定个时间吧 |
[40:00] | I’ll be there. | 我会到的 |
[40:01] | All right. You’ll be hearing from my office. | 好的 等我办公室的电话吧 |
[40:05] | And I am sorry for having to drop this on you like this. | 很抱歉这么直白地跟你说这些 |
[40:08] | You’ll be in my prayers. | 我会为你祈祷的 |
[40:11] | Thank you, Deputy Chief. | 谢了 副局 |
[40:21] | CPAT in full protective gear. | 穿着全套防护装备进行体能测试 |
[40:24] | Good luck with that. | 祝你好运 |
[40:33] | Hey, Texas. Stop. | 站住 得州佬 |
[40:35] | “Please” would be nice. | 如果加个”请”字会更好 |
[40:38] | But I don’t suppose they care about manners where you come from. | 不过我想你们纽约佬应该都不太注重礼貌 |
[40:40] | What the hell was that? | 你搞什么 |
[40:41] | Some elaborate grudge play? | 一场精心策划的复仇大戏吗 |
[40:42] | I promise you, ain’t nothin’ personal. | 我保证 没有私人恩怨的成分 |
[40:45] | Opportunity arose, and I took it. | 机会来了 我抓住了而已 |
[40:47] | You already captain one of the biggest stations in Austin. | 你已经是奥斯汀最大消防站之一的队长了 |
[40:49] | What the hell are you throwin’ rocks at me for? | 你为什么要害我 |
[40:51] | ‘Cause unlike you, pretty boy, | 因为我和你不一样 美男子 |
[40:54] | I don’t give a damn about the limelight | 我不在乎什么聚光灯 |
[40:56] | or Goop Magazine or being on the 10:00 news. | 也不在乎要登上什么傻瓜杂志或者十点新闻 |
[40:58] | All I ever cared about was the 126. | 我只在乎126队 |
[41:02] | And now you wanna destroy it. | 可如今你想毁了它 |
[41:05] | You think this is the 126? | 你觉得这就是126队吗 |
[41:09] | It is not. | 这不是 |
[41:11] | That was the 126. | 那才是126队 |
[41:14] | That’s more’n just a bunch of faces and names. | 那不只是一堆照片和名字 |
[41:17] | That’s my best friend. | 那是我最好的朋友 |
[41:20] | My mentor. | 我的导师 |
[41:22] | And Harkes. Harkes was a smart-ass, | 还有哈克斯 他老喜欢自作聪明 |
[41:25] | but I loved him anyway. | 但我很喜欢他 |
[41:26] | This is hallowed ground to me. | 这里对我而言是一片神圣的土地 |
[41:28] | With all due respect to your brothers, | 我十分尊重你的兄弟们 |
[41:31] | the 126 is bigger than them. | 但126队不只有他们 |
[41:35] | There’s a new team now. | 现在这是一支新的队伍 |
[41:37] | My team. | 我带领的队伍 |
[41:39] | Well, we’ll see how long they last | 那我们就看看 在我接手后 |
[41:41] | after I get your job. | 这支队伍还能维持多久吧 |
[41:43] | There it is. There it is. | 原来如此 是这样啊 |
[41:48] | You want my job? | 你想抢我的工作是吧 |
[41:54] | Come and take it. | 尽管放马过来吧 |
[42:02] | ♪Bad things are comin’ this way ♪ | ♪坏事要来了♪ |
[42:05] | ♪Get down on your knees and pray♪ | ♪跪下祈祷♪ |
[42:10] | ♪Best get ready to fightin’ or start runnin’♪ | ♪最好准备好去战斗 或逃跑♪ |
[42:16] | ♪Bad things are comin’♪ | ♪坏事要来了♪ |