时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | *Lay that pistol down, babe* | *放下那把枪 宝贝* |
[00:12] | *Lay that pistol down* | *放下那把枪* |
[00:14] | *Pistol Packin’ Mama…* | *枪套啊…* |
[00:16] | The acetone I’m pouring into this glass capsule | 把丙酮倒进玻璃胶囊 |
[00:19] | is the key to my design, | 是我这项设计的关键 |
[00:21] | the linchpin to a three-step, chemical-mechanical chain reaction. | 这是三步化学机械连锁反应的关键 |
[00:25] | Using this, my colleagues and I have been able | 利用这个 我和我的同事们 |
[00:28] | to achieve the one hour delay between payload deployment | 得以实现诸位所要求的撞针松开 |
[00:31] | and the firing pin release that you gentlemen rquested. | 和诱饵释放之间的一小时延迟 |
[00:35] | What of the, failures mentioned in your report? | 那你报告中不是提到过会失败吗 |
[00:38] | We have cut the fuse’s fail rate | 我们已经把保险丝的失败率 |
[00:41] | down to approximately ten percent. | 降到了大约10% |
[00:44] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[00:45] | There’s an automobile factory we can convert | 我们可以改建一家汽车厂 |
[00:47] | to put this into production immediately. | 以便立刻投入生产 |
[00:49] | Excellent work, Dr. Tutelman. | 干得漂亮 图特曼博士 |
[00:56] | Gentlemen. | 各位 |
[00:58] | Hey, why the long face? | 干嘛拉着脸 |
[01:00] | You know, it’s ideas like yours that are gonna help us win this war. | 你的这些发明可以让我们赢得这场战争 |
[01:03] | You ever stop to think about the cost? | 你有没有想过代价 |
[01:06] | I didn’t become a scientist | 我成为科学家 |
[01:07] | to dream up clever ways to kill people. You? | 不是为了发明杀人新办法 你呢 |
[02:11] | Super cool, right? | 是不是超酷的 |
[02:13] | The egg drop experiment | 落蛋实验 |
[02:15] | is all about decreasing something called “impact force.” | 是为了减少一种叫”冲击力”的东西 |
[02:18] | When that egg hit the ground, | 鸡蛋砸到地上会碎 |
[02:19] | it broke because impact forces were high, | 是因为冲击力太大 |
[02:22] | like in a car accident. | 好比两车相撞 |
[02:24] | But if my assistant Riley here | 但如果让我的助手莱丽 |
[02:25] | places the egg inside of a cushioned container… | 把鸡蛋放进一个缓冲容器里 |
[02:29] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[02:35] | The egg survives, | 鸡蛋就会完好无损 |
[02:36] | because impact forces were low, | 因为冲击力很小 |
[02:38] | like when a car pulls off the highway | 好比汽车在公路上靠边停车 |
[02:40] | and slows to a gentle stop. | 要慢慢减速 而后停住 |
[02:43] | Now, if you guys want to earn your Nova Science Badge, | 如果你们想拿到新星科学徽章 |
[02:46] | you have one week to build a container | 你们就要在一周内做出一个缓冲装置 |
[02:50] | that allows an egg to be dropped from that exact same height | 能让鸡蛋从同样高度落下 |
[02:53] | without breaking. | 却不会碎 |
[02:57] | Got any questions? | 有什么问题吗 |
[03:01] | Yes. | 请讲 |
[03:02] | Why do I have to learn this science stuff? | 我为什么要学这些科学的东西 |
[03:04] | I want to do archery. | 我想学射箭 |
[03:06] | Because it helps you solve problems. | 因为这能帮你解决问题 |
[03:08] | Riley and I use all this “science stuff” in our jobs all the time. | 莱丽和我在工作中一直要用到这些”科学的东西” |
[03:11] | Your jobs? | 你的工作 |
[03:12] | Sound super boring. | 听起来无聊透顶 |
[03:17] | Actually, we do all sorts of cool things over at the think tank. | 其实 我们在智囊团做的都是超酷的事情 |
[03:23] | Hey, babe, now’s not a good time. | 亲爱的 你这电话来得不是时候 |
[03:26] | I’m at a work thing. | 我在工作 |
[03:29] | She’s using her sexy work voice. | 用的是性感工作音 |
[03:31] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[03:32] | So what time will you be home tonight, Miss Davis? | 所以你今晚什么时候回家 戴维斯小姐 |
[03:35] | Few hours. Why, what’s up? | 再过几小时吧 怎么了 |
[03:36] | I’m cooking dinner, | 我在做晚饭 |
[03:37] | Fusilli alla Vodka, and I needed to time the sauce right, | 伏特加酱螺旋面 我得把握好时间 |
[03:41] | so, I thought we could lay low, | 然后窝在一起 |
[03:43] | watch a movie. | 看个电影 |
[03:45] | That sounds amazing. | 不错 |
[03:46] | I’ll call when I’m on the way home, okay? | 等我动身回家了就打电话给你 好吗 |
[03:48] | – I’ll be waiting for you. – Bye. | -我等你 -再见 |
[03:51] | – Everything okay? – Yeah. | -没事吧 -没事 |
[03:54] | Yeah, it’s my dad. | 是我爸 |
[03:55] | Oh. Right. | 好吧 |
[03:56] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[03:58] | 马蒂 快点赶来凤凰基金会 | |
[03:58] | Our Matty. | 亲爱的马蒂 |
[04:00] | Go handle this. | 得处理这个 |
[04:01] | All right, kids, we’re done here. | 好了 孩子们 今天就到这里 |
[04:08] | Sorry, got here as quick as we could | 抱歉 我们已经尽快赶来了 |
[04:10] | Pay attention, Mac, | 注意了 小麦 |
[04:11] | ’cause this one’s got your name written all over it. | 这事可摆明了是你的专场 |
[04:16] | Riley was helping me volunteer at the Cub Scouts, | 莱丽刚刚在协助我当幼童军的志愿者 |
[04:18] | didn’t have time to change. | 还没来得及换衣服 |
[04:19] | And I for one am so glad that you didn’t. | 我还挺高兴你没换 |
[04:21] | That makes two of us. | 我也是 |
[04:22] | All right, if we’re done making fun of Blondie, | 好了 打趣金毛小子就到此为止吧 |
[04:24] | listen up. | 听好了 |
[04:25] | Three hours ago, | 三小时前 |
[04:26] | there was an explosion at a building | 德国卡尔斯鲁厄 |
[04:28] | undergoing renovations in Karlsruhe, Germany. | 有一栋正在翻修的大楼发生了爆炸 |
[04:30] | This is what’s left. | 这是爆炸后的现场 |
[04:32] | We don’t know what caused the blast, | 我们不知道爆炸原因是什么 |
[04:33] | but CCTV of the surrounding area suggests that it originated | 但周边地区的监控显示 |
[04:36] | within or below the building’s concrete foundation. | 爆炸源于地基里或地基下 |
[04:40] | That’s weird, right? | 还真奇怪 不是吗 |
[04:42] | Super weird ’cause it means it wasn’t a ruptured gas line | 很奇怪 因为这意味着爆炸原因不是输气管道破裂 |
[04:45] | or an electrical malfunction, | 也不是因为电力故障 |
[04:47] | and there are no subterranean natural resources | 欧洲的该区域 |
[04:49] | in that part of Europe with any combustible properties. | 也没有可燃的地下资源 |
[04:52] | What we do know is that, when the building collapsed, | 目前所知的是 那栋楼倒塌时 |
[04:54] | dozens of construction workers from the weekend shift | 周末上班的几十名建筑工人 |
[04:56] | were trapped inside. | 被困在楼里 |
[04:57] | So it’s a rescue op. | 所以是救援任务 |
[04:58] | With some engineering challenges, | 附带工程学方面的难题 |
[05:01] | which you are uniquely qualified to solve. | 正好是你的独家专长 |
[05:04] | This is a highly technical, | 这是对技术要求极高 |
[05:05] | not to mention dangerous, operation. | 而且非常危险的任务 |
[05:07] | I want you to have every resource the second you need it, | 你需要什么 我们都会尽快提供 |
[05:09] | so I’ll be staying back with Matty to help coordinate. | 所以我和马蒂在总部负责协调 |
[05:12] | Desi has experience in search and rescue, | 戴西有过搜救经验 |
[05:15] | so she will be joining you as well. | 她跟你们同去 |
[05:16] | Now get moving. | 出发吧 |
[05:18] | Details on the building are waiting for you on the plane. | 飞机上再告诉你们大楼的更多细节 |
[05:34] | Thank you for traveling so quickly, | 感谢你们迅速赶来 |
[05:36] | although I’m still not clear on how your team can help. | 虽然我不清楚你的团队能帮什么忙 |
[06:01] | The structure is still settling. Every minute, it moves. | 楼体依然在沉降 每分钟都在动 |
[06:04] | Attempting a rescue before it’s stabilized | 在楼体稳定之前进行营救 |
[06:07] | means risking serious injury or death. | 意味着可能会有更多的伤亡 |
[06:13] | Tell them that. | 这话你跟家属说吧 |
[06:22] | Problem, our only entrance into the building | 问题是我们唯一进入大楼的入口 |
[06:24] | is blocked by a massive chunk of concrete. | 被一块巨大的混凝土挡住了 |
[06:27] | All right, one… two… | 一起用力 一 二… |
[06:29] | Solution, | 解决办法 |
[06:30] | insert a makeshift lever and apply force against a static point. | 插入一个临时杠杆 对一个固定点施力 |
[06:41] | You were right, Mac. | 你说对了 小麦 |
[06:42] | This’ll work to access the basement levels. | 从这里可以通往地下室 |
[06:44] | I got the missing workers’ approximate locations | 我能通过追踪失踪工人的无线电信号强度 |
[06:46] | using their radio signal strength. | 找到他们的大概位置 |
[07:28] | You didn’t tell me you had any experience with search and rescue. | 你之前没说过自己有搜救经验 |
[07:33] | 2017. | 2017年 |
[07:35] | I was part of the military group assigned to find survivors | 伊拉克发生地震后 我所在的军队 |
[07:38] | after the earthquake in Iraq. | 被派去搜寻幸存者 |
[07:43] | Oh, I remember that one, it was huge. | 我记得 那次是大地震 |
[07:45] | It was a magnitude seven, wasn’t it? | 7级 对吧 |
[07:47] | 7.3. | 7.3级 |
[07:50] | – I need help! – Mac, Desi. | -请帮帮我 -小麦 戴西 |
[07:55] | – We need medics over here. – Are you okay? | -这里需要医生 -你没事吧 |
[07:57] | We’re gonna get you out of here. | 我们会救你出去的 |
[08:06] | Everyone okay? | 大家没事吧 |
[08:09] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[08:10] | Kind of. | 还行 |
[08:15] | Matty, EMTs are treating a man with minor injuries. | 马蒂 急救员正在救助受轻伤的男子 |
[08:18] | – He’s gonna be okay. – All right, everyone. | -他会没事的 -好的 |
[08:20] | Split up and keep moving. | 大家散开 继续搜救 |
[08:25] | There you are. | 你在这啊 |
[08:27] | Russ. The gang all right in Germany? | 拉斯 德国那事还顺利吧 |
[08:29] | Anything I can do to help? | 有什么我能帮忙的吗 |
[08:30] | That is an excellent question, Bozer, and the answer is no. | 问得太好了 博兹 答案是没有 |
[08:35] | Actually, | 其实吧 |
[08:36] | there doesn’t appear to be anything you can do. | 好像没什么你能做的 |
[08:39] | All right… | 行吧 |
[08:40] | And therein lies the rub. | 这正是问题所在 |
[08:42] | You see, that answer has set me down a path to other questions. | 这个答案引发了其他的问题 |
[08:45] | For example, | 比如说 |
[08:46] | what exactly is the function of this lab? | 这实验室的作用到底是什么 |
[08:50] | Why is it so expensive? | 为什么这么贵 |
[08:52] | And for the love of God, | 老天爷啊 |
[08:55] | what the hell is that? | 这个又是什么鬼 |
[08:57] | This is Sparky, he’s a… | 他叫”闪闪” 他是… |
[08:59] | Hideous, agreed, and very, very costly, to the tune of, what? | 很丑 同意 而且很贵 价格高达 |
[09:02] | $3.6 million. American. | 360万美元 美国人啊 |
[09:07] | I mean, he’s a state of the art artificial intelligence, | 他是世上最先进的人工智能 |
[09:09] | – doesn’t come cheap. The thing about robotics… – Oh, Bozer. | -当然不便宜 机器人… -博兹 |
[09:11] | What is it that you do here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[09:14] | I’m installing an upgrade to Sparky’s memory processor. | 我正在升级”闪闪”的内存处理器 |
[09:16] | No, I mean here at the Phoenix, in this lab. | 不 我是说你在凤凰基金会的实验室做什么 |
[09:21] | What do I do here? | 我在这里做什么 |
[09:22] | What do I do here? | 我在这里做什么 |
[09:24] | All sorts of things, okay? | 很多事 好吗 |
[09:26] | For your information, from this very room, which you stand, | 告诉你 就你站的这间屋子 |
[09:29] | I’ve saved the world hundreds of times. | 我在这拯救了世界好几百次 |
[09:31] | The best of my knowledge, | 据我所知 |
[09:32] | it’s been half a dozen assists, at best. | 你最多就是协助了几次罢了 |
[09:36] | Okay. All right. | 好吧 行吧 |
[09:38] | But while we’re on the subject, sir, | 既然说到这里了 长官 |
[09:41] | exactly what is it you do here, | 你来这是做什么的呢 |
[09:43] | besides write checks? | 除了开支票 |
[09:44] | Are you challenging me, hmm? | 你是在质疑我吗 |
[09:49] | To prove my worth? | 让我证明我的价值 |
[09:50] | Are you challenging me to prove mine? | 你是在挑战我 让我证明自我价值吗 |
[09:53] | Oh, yes. | 是的 |
[09:55] | Then ditto. | 那我也一样 |
[10:03] | Well, this should be fun. | 这下要好玩了 |
[10:38] | Guys? I’m at the site of the explosion. | 各位 我在爆炸现场了 |
[10:40] | Everything that I’m seeing here supports the theory | 我所看到的一切都证明 |
[10:43] | that this blast came from beneath the building’s foundation. | 爆炸来自地基底下 |
[10:45] | I just still don’t understand how it’s possible. | 但我不明白是为什么 |
[10:54] | That’s weird, too. | 这也很奇怪 |
[10:56] | What’s weird too? | 什么也很奇怪 |
[10:59] | Shrapnel expelled from the detonation point. | 从爆炸点飞出来的弹片 |
[11:03] | It’s curved. Heavily oxidized. | 是弯曲的 被严重氧化了 |
[11:06] | As in rust? | 是锈吗 |
[11:24] | I know what caused the explosion. | 我知道是什么引起的爆炸了 |
[11:27] | It was a bomb dropped on Germany during World War II. | 是二战时期用来空袭德军的炸弹 |
[11:31] | It didn’t explode | 炸弹一直没有爆炸 |
[11:33] | and it remained buried underground for decades, | 被埋在地下几十年了 |
[11:36] | until yesterday. | 直到昨天 |
[11:38] | When construction finally disturbed it, | 施工队干扰到了炸弹 |
[11:39] | and it went off. | 引发爆炸 |
[11:41] | How could you possibly know that? | 你是怎么知道的 |
[11:42] | Because those bombs were dropped in clusters. | 因为炸弹是按组投下来的 |
[11:46] | And I’m staring at a second one | 而我现在正在盯着第二个 |
[11:48] | that could go off at any moment. | 随时可能爆炸的炸弹 |
[11:58] | You were right, Mac. | 你是对的 小麦 |
[11:59] | On November 5, 1944, | 1944年11月5号 |
[12:01] | U.S. 8th Air Force dropped hundreds of bombs | 美国空军第八部队向德国卡尔斯鲁厄 |
[12:04] | on Karlsruhe, Germany. | 投了上百个炸弹 |
[12:05] | Their intended target: one of Hitler’s railyards. | 目标是希特勒的一条铁路 |
[12:08] | Let me guess: that railyard was located | 我猜猜 那条铁路就位于 |
[12:10] | exactly where we are right now. | 我们所在的地方 |
[12:12] | So this bomb fell here 75 years ago, | 这颗炸弹75年前落下来 |
[12:14] | and it’s just been waiting for the right moment | 就一直在等着合适的时机 |
[12:16] | to ruin everyone’s lives? | 毁了所有人的生活 |
[12:18] | That’s insane. | 太疯狂了 |
[12:18] | Where does finding this thing leave our search and rescue operation? | 这炸弹会对我们的搜救行动会造成什么影响 |
[12:21] | German EMTs managed to locate three more survivors, | 德国急救队又发现了三名生还者 |
[12:24] | leaving ten still left unaccounted for, | 所以还有十个人失踪 |
[12:27] | but finding them could take days. | 但找到他们可能要好几天 |
[12:28] | And if that bomb goes off, they’ll all be killed. | 如果炸弹爆炸 他们都会死 |
[12:30] | Therefore, Mac, Riley, | 所以小麦 莱丽 |
[12:32] | your new priority is neutralizing the bomb threat ASAP. | 你们现在优先拆除炸弹 |
[12:35] | – Desi? You’ll continue to search for missing workers. – Copy that. | -戴西 你继续寻找失踪工人 -收到 |
[12:38] | I’ll send the locations of their radios to your phone. | 我把他们无线电的位置发到你手机上 |
[12:42] | No pressure, but, please don’t let us blow up. | 别有压力 但是请别把我们炸飞了 |
[12:46] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[12:51] | Okay. | 好了 |
[12:52] | So… | 那么 |
[12:54] | so how do we defuse this thing? | 我们怎么拆除这玩意 |
[12:55] | I have no idea. | 我毫无头绪 |
[12:58] | Yeah, Army EOD training didn’t cover mid-century relics. | 军队防爆训练没讲过二十世纪中期的老炸弹 |
[13:07] | *He was a famous trumpet man from out Chicago way* | *他吹芝加哥风格小号很有名* |
[13:10] | *He had a boogie style that no one else could play* | *他布吉风格音乐无人能比* |
[13:13] | *He was the top man at his craft* | *在这个领域他无人能比* |
[13:16] | *But then his number came up and he was gone with the draft* | *但不久轮到他服兵役* |
[13:18] | Voilà. | 看啊 |
[13:19] | Everything you wanted to know about World War II explosives, | 你想了解二战爆炸物 |
[13:21] | but were too afraid to ask. | 却害怕开口问 |
[13:23] | You see, this is what I do. | 这就是我的活儿 |
[13:25] | Think outside the box. | 跳出思维框架 |
[13:28] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[13:29] | What the hell are you doing? | 你们是在干吗 |
[13:30] | And this is what I do. | 而这就是我的活 |
[13:33] | Hello. My name is Russell Taylor. My friends call me Russ. | 你好 我是拉塞尔·泰勒 大家都叫我拉斯 |
[13:36] | My associates and I are here | 我的同事和我是… |
[13:39] | Well, we’re here for your bomb. | 为了你的炸弹而来 |
[13:41] | I authorized no such thing. | 这我无法授权 |
[13:42] | Yes, but as you can see, the, | 没错 但是 |
[13:44] | Department of Defense has. | 国防部授权了 |
[13:47] | No. This has to be cleared through the Office of Antiquities… | 不行 这必须要经过文物办公室批准 |
[13:49] | Unfortunately, there’s no time, | 遗憾的是 没时间了 |
[13:51] | which is why my associates | 所以我的同事 |
[13:53] | will have to cut through this glass. | 要来把玻璃割开 |
[13:54] | But I think we’d much prefer your assistance in this matter | 但我们更希望得到你的帮助 |
[13:57] | rather than destroy your very, very fine display. | 不想毁了这么好看的展柜 |
[14:01] | So, if you could just unlock the case for us, then… | 所以如果你能直接打开柜子 |
[14:06] | then we’ll be on our way. | 我们就省事了 |
[14:08] | I will not. | 我不会这么做 |
[14:09] | There is a protocol to follow, | 必须遵守协议 |
[14:10] | and this is in violation of that… | 而这违反了… |
[14:12] | I… I understand. | 我明白 |
[14:13] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[14:14] | You’re afraid of being fired, | 你害怕被炒 |
[14:16] | thereby derailing your career in historical military restoration. | 会破坏了你的军事文物修复的职业生涯 |
[14:20] | It’s true. Your wavering eyes betray a lack of self-confidence, | 真的 犹豫不决的眼神说明你缺乏自信 |
[14:23] | and judging by the prominent display of “assistant” in your title, | 而从铭牌上显眼的”助手”二字可以看出 |
[14:27] | I can tell that promotion has been difficult for you to achieve. | 你也很难晋升 |
[14:30] | How dare you. | 你好大的胆子 |
[14:31] | Chasing your dream is never a mistake. | 追梦并没有错 |
[14:34] | And while you suffer disrespect from your superiors, | 你很大程度因为英式 |
[14:38] | due in no small part to the ungodly injury | 再魔鬼混搭芝加哥口音 |
[14:41] | that your Chicago accent plays on the queen’s English, | 而受到上级不尊重的同时 |
[14:44] | I for one… | 而我 |
[14:48] | I believe in you. | 我相信你 |
[14:50] | You… you do? | 你 你相信我 |
[14:51] | I do. So if you hand over the keys to the case, | 是的 所以如果你交出展柜的钥匙 |
[14:54] | I’ll make a few calls, and we’ll see if we can’t | 我会打几个电话 看看能不能 |
[14:57] | get you up a few rungs of the ladder around here, hmm? | 帮你往上爬几级 |
[15:06] | I miss Chicago so much. | 我太想念芝加哥了 |
[15:15] | And boom goes the dynamite. | 正如古语所说 |
[15:19] | As the saying goes. | 山重水复疑无路 |
[15:20] | Nope. No, it doesn’t. | 不 不是这么说的 |
[15:22] | – I think it does. – Not at all. | -我觉得是的 -根本不是 |
[15:30] | Matty, David Kruger, 37 years old, | 马蒂 大卫·克鲁格 37岁 |
[15:33] | is on his way up with a broken leg. | 腿部骨折 被送上去了 |
[15:35] | Vitals are stable. | 生命体征稳定 |
[15:38] | Seven more to go. | 还有7个人失踪 |
[15:39] | Copy that. Comms are back up and radio channels are clear. | 收到 通讯已恢复 无线电频道可用 |
[15:42] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[15:47] | Hello? | 你好 |
[15:47] | I’m a rescue worker here to help. | 我是救援人员 来帮你了 |
[15:49] | Do you speak English? | 你会说英语吗 |
[15:50] | There’s something heavy on my leg and I… | 我的腿被重物压中 |
[15:54] | I can’t move! | 我动不了了 |
[15:56] | Can you tell me your name | 能说一下你的名字 |
[15:57] | and where you are in the building? | 以及你在楼里的位置吗 |
[15:58] | My name is Helen Beck. | 我叫海伦·贝克 |
[16:01] | I’m a project manager overseeing the renovations. | 我是负责监督装修的项目经理 |
[16:04] | I don’t know where I am. | 我不知道我在哪里 |
[16:06] | I was walking to the mail room and then | 我当时在去收发室的路上 然后 |
[16:09] | I don’t know what happened. | 我不知道发生了什么 |
[16:13] | I woke up here. | 我醒来就在这里了 |
[16:14] | Please tell my husband and sons | 请告诉我丈夫和儿子们 |
[16:18] | that I’m okay. | 我很好 |
[16:23] | Matty? I made contact with a survivor | 马蒂 我联系上了一个幸存者 |
[16:25] | whose radio isn’t showing up on Riley’s map. | 她的无线电信号不在莱丽的地图上 |
[16:28] | Her name is Helen Beck. | 她的名字是海伦·贝克 |
[16:30] | Sounds like she suffered a concussion. | 听起来她有点脑震荡 |
[16:32] | We’ll see what we can do. | 让我看看我们能做什么 |
[16:33] | Helen? We’re getting in touch with your family right now, okay? | 海伦 我们马上联系你的家人 |
[16:36] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[16:37] | I’m gonna find you. | 我会找到你的 |
[16:39] | Just stay with me | 请保持清醒 |
[16:41] | and keep talking, okay? | 继续说话 好吗 |
[16:45] | Now tell me about your sons. | 和我讲讲你的儿子们 |
[16:48] | Right, I’ve got the restored bomb through teardown, | 好了 我已经通过拆除还原了炸弹 |
[16:50] | and I’ve pieced together how it works. | 弄明白了它的工作原理 |
[16:52] | Yeah, it was my idea, but whatever. Team effort. | 那是我的主意 但随你吧 团队合作 |
[16:55] | The bomb you found is a 1,000-pound AN-M65. | 你们找到的是1000磅的AN-M65型航空炸弹 |
[16:58] | It’s totally standard for 1944. | 这是1944年的标准型号 |
[17:00] | What’s interesting about this is the fuse inside it. | 有趣的是里面的保险丝 |
[17:03] | It was designed to create a one-hour time delay | 如果炸弹未能在撞击时爆炸 |
[17:06] | from when the bomb was dropped from the plane to when it exploded | 保险丝的作用就是使炸弹 |
[17:09] | if it failed to detonate on impact. | 在投放一小时之后再爆炸 |
[17:11] | So why didn’t this one blow up? | 所以为什么这个炸弹没有爆炸 |
[17:13] | Well, believe it or not, | 信不信由你 |
[17:14] | these fuses had a ten percent fail rate, | 这些保险丝有百分之十的失败率 |
[17:16] | usually because the glass capsule | 通常是因为装有丙酮的 |
[17:18] | containing the acetone didn’t shatter. | 玻璃胶囊没有破裂 |
[17:21] | Then the countdown never began. | 那么爆炸倒计时就不会开始 |
[17:24] | There’s a half a centimeter of 75-year-old glass | 面前的炸弹爆炸与否取决于 |
[17:27] | between us and this thing going off? | 75年前生产的半厘米厚的玻璃胶囊 |
[17:28] | Bingo. | 没错 |
[17:30] | But… | 但是 |
[17:31] | it’s not all bad news. | 不全是坏消息 |
[17:33] | Found a pamphlet distributed to the Imperial Japanese Army | 找到了一本分发给日本皇军的小册子 |
[17:36] | with instructions for how soldiers should deal with | 其中说明了如果发现了这些炸弹 |
[17:38] | one of these things if found. | 士兵应如何处理 |
[17:40] | So you… you solved how to defuse this thing? | 所以你知道怎么拆除炸弹 |
[17:43] | Yes, after I translated it into English, | 是的 在我把内容翻译成英文之后 |
[17:45] | so that we could all make sense of it. | 这样才能看懂这本册子 |
[17:47] | Point is, the detonator can be removed | 重点是 可以使用简单的工具 |
[17:49] | from the nose cone using a simple tool. | 将雷管从前锥体上卸下 |
[17:51] | Sending photos now. | 现在给你们发送照片 |
[17:55] | Okay, yeah. | 好的 |
[17:57] | So we know how to defuse it. | 我们知道怎么拆除炸弹了 |
[17:58] | Now we just have to figure out a way | 现在我们只需想办法 |
[17:59] | to lift this monster out of the dirt. | 把这个怪兽从土堆里抬起来 |
[18:02] | Any ideas? | 有什么主意吗 |
[18:10] | – Got it? – Yeah. | -拿到了吗 -嗯 |
[18:16] | So, how’s your dad? | 所以 你爸怎么样了 |
[18:20] | From the call earlier today. | 今天早些时候听见你们打电话了 |
[18:23] | Oh, yeah, he-he’s good. You know Elwood. | 他挺好的 你也知道埃尔伍德 |
[18:27] | You really want to play catch up right now? | 你真的想在这个时候话家常吗 |
[18:28] | Honestly, talking keeps my hands steady. | 老实说 说话能让我的手保持稳定 |
[18:31] | Plus, if this thing blows up in our faces… | 再说 如果这东西在我们面前爆炸 |
[18:35] | I want to make sure I get to | 我想确定 |
[18:37] | the bottom of this secret you’re hiding. | 自己能了解你深藏的秘密 |
[18:43] | You don’t smile like that | 和你爸打电话的时候 |
[18:44] | when you’re on the phone with your dad. | 你不会像那样微笑 |
[18:46] | I’ve caught you doing it a few times since we’ve been back, | 自从我们回来后 我看到你好几次这样笑 |
[18:48] | but I figured… if things got serious, | 但是我想 如果事态变得严峻 |
[18:51] | you would let me know who the lucky man was. | 你会告诉我这个幸运的男人是谁 |
[18:55] | So, do you think things will get serious? | 所以 你认为现在是时候了吗 |
[18:58] | We’ve been living together for six months now. | 到现在我们已经同居半年了 |
[19:00] | Surprise. | 惊讶吧 |
[19:02] | Six months? | 半年 |
[19:04] | I mean, why would you, uh, lie about that? | 那你为什么要说谎呢 |
[19:08] | Lie is a bit of a strong word, don’t you think? | 说谎这个词有点太过了 你不觉得吗 |
[19:11] | It’s not like you’ve rushed to tell me why you and Desi broke up. | 你不也没告诉我你和戴西分手的理由 |
[19:13] | That’s different. | 这不一样 |
[19:16] | Okay, well, we don’t owe each other explanations | 好吧 我们只是同事 |
[19:18] | about our private lives just because we work together. | 没必要互相分享私生活 |
[19:26] | Yeah, I’m gonna, | 好的 我要 |
[19:28] | start putting these in here, okay? | 开始把这些石头放进去 好吗 |
[19:29] | Just keep tension on the pole. | 把杠杆扶稳了 |
[19:39] | If there’s a silver lining to spending time | 如果待在一幢半倒塌的大楼里 |
[19:41] | in a half-destroyed building, | 还有什么慰藉的话 |
[19:42] | it’s that there’s lots of heavy stuff lying around to play with. | 那就是这里有许多重物可以拿来用 |
[19:46] | For example, chunks of concrete rubble | 比如 许多大块的混凝土碎块 |
[19:48] | to load into this DIY crane and ballast | 可以被放到这个自制的起重机中 |
[19:50] | to lift this monster out of the dirt. | 把这个炸弹从土里搬出来 |
[20:04] | Yeah, we should stop there. That’s enough. | 行 我们别动了 这样就够了 |
[20:11] | Didn’t Bozer say there’s supposed to be a hatch? | 博兹不是说应该有个炸弹舱门吗 |
[20:14] | Well, yeah, but… | 对 但是 |
[20:15] | but his has been in a temperature-controlled museum. | 他的炸弹是放在一个恒温的博物馆里 |
[20:19] | Ours has been corroding underground for 75 years. | 这颗炸弹在地下被侵蚀了七十五年 |
[20:23] | It’s rusted over. | 全锈了 |
[20:32] | This thing takes one hit at the wrong angle | 只要稍微一碰错地方 |
[20:33] | and everyone in this building dies. | 就能要了这幢楼里所有人的命 |
[20:35] | We can’t wait. We have to do something. | 我们没时间等 必须做点什么 |
[20:36] | Okay, so the detonator is stuck inside the bomb. | 好吧 引爆装置卡在这个炸弹里 |
[20:40] | The people are stuck in the building. | 有人困在这幢楼里 |
[20:41] | The only variable that we can manipulate | 我们唯一能做的就是 |
[20:43] | is removing the bomb from the building, | 把炸弹搬出这幢楼 |
[20:46] | but I don’t know how. | 但我不知道该怎么做 |
[20:47] | This dinosaur weighs half a ton. | 这个大家伙有半吨重 |
[20:49] | Only one option, take the bomb with us. | 只有一个选择 我们带这个炸弹走 |
[20:52] | Back the way we came in. | 原路返回 |
[21:06] | Okay, Matty, the bomb’s officially mobile. | 好了 马蒂 炸弹已经在往外运了 |
[21:08] | Are German police on board with our new plan? | 德国警方同意我们的新计划吗 |
[21:10] | Yes, they’ve arranged for a construction crane | 同意 他们已经安排了一台工程起重机 |
[21:12] | to lift the bomb out of the building | 把炸弹搬出楼 |
[21:14] | and then lower it onto a flatbed truck, | 然后放在一辆平板卡车上 |
[21:16] | so that it can be driven out of the city. | 这样就可以运出城 |
[21:18] | But? | 但是 |
[21:19] | The bottom floors of the building are all covered in rubble. | 这幢楼的底部全是瓦砾 |
[21:22] | The closest point where the crane can attach | 起重机能接近的最近的点 |
[21:24] | is a window on the south side of the sixth floor. | 是六楼南面的一扇窗户 |
[21:27] | That means transporting it up 156 steps, | 这意味着要搬它上156级台阶 |
[21:30] | divided by six landings, | 共六层楼 |
[21:32] | plus 200 feet laterally to the edge of the building. | 再平移200英尺到大楼的边缘 |
[21:35] | Not to mention this thing weighs half a Volkswagen. | 更别说这东西有半辆大众汽车那么重 |
[21:38] | And do we even know | 我们都不知道 |
[21:38] | how hard we’d have to bump into it for it to blow up? | 什么程度的碰撞会导致炸弹爆炸 |
[21:41] | Well, each of these was manufactured by hand, | 这些炸弹都是手工制造的 |
[21:44] | which means they’re all slightly different, | 这意味着它们都略有不同 |
[21:45] | not to mention the degree | 更别说每个保险装置 |
[21:46] | to which each individual fuse component deteriorated underground. | 在地下损坏的程度都是不同的 |
[21:51] | The best I can tell, | 我只能说 |
[21:51] | the bomb that blew up the building went off | 炸毁这幢楼的炸弹引爆的原因 |
[21:54] | due to vibrations from construction, | 是因为施工震动 |
[21:55] | yet this one was stable enough to survive that blast, | 然而这一枚却在爆炸中很稳定 |
[21:57] | so I think it’s safe to say that | 所以我认为 |
[22:00] | there is just too many unknown variables at play here | 有太多未知的变数 |
[22:02] | to answer that question with any reasonable degree of accuracy. | 无法合理准确地知道这个问题的答案 |
[22:05] | So in other words, you have no idea. | 所以换句话说 你不知道 |
[22:06] | Just cut to the chase next time, Mac; | 下次直接说 小麦 |
[22:08] | just say, “No idea.” | 就说 “我不知道” |
[22:11] | So we need to find a way | 我们得找到一个 |
[22:12] | to get the bomb up the stairs without bumping it. | 把炸弹搬上楼又不会撞到它的办法 |
[22:14] | Which is where we come in. | 我们正在研究这个问题 |
[22:15] | I attached electronic sensors | 我安了一个电子传感器 |
[22:17] | to the restored bomb’s mechanical parts, | 到这个复原炸弹的机械部分 |
[22:19] | so we could crash test Mac’s ideas on how to lift it up the stairs | 在你们做出可能导致爆炸的行为之前 |
[22:22] | before you attempt with the version that could explode. | 我们可以先测试小麦把炸弹抬上楼的办法 |
[22:25] | I’m a big fan of that idea. | 我很赞同 |
[22:26] | Which is why we came up with it. | 所以我们才想出来这个办法 |
[22:28] | So what is idea nummer eins? | 那么 你们的第一个想法是什么 |
[22:39] | Helen, I’m near the mail room, | 海伦 我在收发室附近 |
[22:40] | which means you can’t be far. | 离你应该不太远了 |
[22:41] | You hanging in there? | 你还坚持得住吗 |
[22:44] | Never better. Why do you ask? | 再好不过了 你为什么这么问 |
[22:47] | Anyone who can crack a joke at a time like this | 在这种时候还能开玩笑的人 |
[22:49] | is gonna be okay. | 肯定会没事的 |
[22:54] | How often do you find yourself in situations like this? | 你经常会遇到这种情况吗 |
[23:03] | Last time I was in a collapsed building | 我上次进入倒塌的楼里 |
[23:05] | was in 2017 in Iraq. | 是2017年在伊拉克的时候 |
[23:09] | There was an earthquake… | 发生了地震 |
[23:12] | and I spent three days searching for a survivor | 我花了三天时间在一幢公寓楼里 |
[23:14] | in an apartment building, | 搜寻幸存者 |
[23:17] | but, hey, | 但是 |
[23:19] | they weren’t lucky enough to have a radio. | 他们运气不好 没有电台 |
[23:22] | Then how did you know they were still alive? | 那你怎么知道他们还活着 |
[23:24] | I heard them tapping on a metal pipe. | 我听到他们在敲金属管 |
[23:27] | Believe it or not, that sound can carry for miles. | 不管你信不信 那个声音能传很远 |
[23:30] | I just kept searching | 我不停地搜寻 |
[23:33] | because as long as I heard that tapping sound, | 因为只要我能听到敲击声 |
[23:36] | I knew there was still hope. | 我就知道还有希望 |
[23:40] | And did you find them? | 你找到他们了吗 |
[23:49] | Of course I did. | 我当然找到了 |
[24:00] | And you just destroyed the Phoenix Foundation yet again. | 你又炸毁了凤凰基金会一次 |
[24:03] | Maybe it’s time to consider letting sleeping bombs lie. | 或许是时候考虑把炸弹放在原处了 |
[24:05] | I mean, if we don’t move it, | 换句话说 如果我们不动它 |
[24:06] | at least there’s a chance it won’t go off. | 至少它还可能不会炸 |
[24:08] | I did not make my considerable fortune by playing it safe. | 我可不是靠险中求稳才发家致富的 |
[24:10] | I earned every cent with one mantra. | 我赚每一分钱都奉承一条准则 |
[24:15] | There is always a solution. | 有志者事竟成 |
[24:16] | Well, I didn’t get to where I am | 我也不是靠让别人质疑我的价值 |
[24:17] | letting people second-guess my value. | 而混到现在的 |
[24:18] | Yes, well, the bar for covert operatives is slightly higher | 秘密特工的标准要稍微高一些 |
[24:21] | than short order cooks, team mascots, | 相比于快餐厨师 球队吉祥物 |
[24:23] | definitely indie filmmakers, | 当然还有独立电影制片人 |
[24:24] | – or… – Delivery man. | -或者是 -快递员 |
[24:27] | – What? – I also used to deliver appliances for a big box store. | -什么 -我以前为一个大商店送过设备 |
[24:29] | There was this thing my boss Carl gave us | 我老板卡尔给过我们一件东西 |
[24:31] | to lift the refrigerators and dishwashers up the stairs | 可以不用乘电梯就把冰箱和洗碗机 |
[24:34] | to apartments without elevators, | 通过楼梯送到各户公寓去 |
[24:35] | so he didn’t need to spend the cash to hire a third guy. | 这样他就不用再花钱雇第三个人了 |
[24:38] | Hated that thing. | 我讨厌那东西 |
[24:38] | Well, we need that thing. | 我们需要那个东西 |
[24:41] | My good man, I know what Mac needs to build. | 好伙计 我知道小麦需要造什么了 |
[24:45] | That thing is actually called a tri-star stairclimber. | 那个东西实际上叫做三轮楼梯攀爬器 |
[24:49] | Used by most reputable appliance delivery companies, | 大多数可靠的设备快递公司都有用 |
[24:52] | but mine will be built using | 但是我的攀爬器将使用 |
[24:53] | rubber elevator wheels, metal plates, | 橡胶升降轮 金属板来制造 |
[24:56] | and a pair of wireless power drills for a little extra “oomph.” | 再加上一对无线电钻 用来增添一点”魅力” |
[25:06] | You know I didn’t mean what I said earlier, right? | 你知道我之前说的话不是那个意思 对吧 |
[25:08] | Obviously, we don’t just work together. | 显然 我们不仅是同事 |
[25:11] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[25:12] | And, you deserve your privacy. | 你应该有自己的隐私 |
[25:14] | I just was surprised. | 我只是有点惊讶 |
[25:17] | We all used to talk about everything. | 我们以前无所不谈 |
[25:20] | Things have definitely been different since we’ve been back. | 从我们回来后 事情就变得不一样了 |
[25:25] | I’m such an idiot. | 我真蠢 |
[25:26] | I didn’t even ask what his name is. | 我甚至都忘记问他的名字了 |
[25:30] | It’s Aubrey. | 他叫奥布里 |
[25:32] | Aubrey? What kind of name is that? | 奥布里 这算个什么名字 |
[25:35] | Okay, Angus. | 行了 那安格斯呢 |
[25:37] | That’s– okay– fair. | 好吧 有道理 |
[25:41] | Does Aubrey know about the Phoenix? | 奥布里知道凤凰基金会吗 |
[25:43] | If you mean the think tank thing, yeah. | 如果你指的是智囊团 他知道 |
[25:48] | Had to call him from the plane | 我得从飞机上给他打电话 |
[25:49] | and cancel dinner last minute. | 然后在最后一刻取消晚餐 |
[25:51] | Told him I had a meeting out of town. | 告诉他 我要去外地开会 |
[25:54] | Can’t be easy keeping your story straight. | 编好故事肯定不容易吧 |
[25:57] | When Aubrey and I got together, | 当奥布里和我在一起时 |
[25:59] | I thought the top secret part of my life was over. | 我以为我这辈子最大的秘密已经结束了 |
[26:02] | Then Russ showed up and got the gang back together. | 然后拉斯出现了 让大家重聚 |
[26:05] | Truth is, | 真相是 |
[26:07] | reason I haven’t told you guys about him | 我没有让大家知道他 |
[26:08] | is ’cause I knew if I did, it’d be over. | 是因为我知道 如果我说了 一切就结束了 |
[26:11] | Phoenix and relationships don’t mix. | 凤凰基金会和感情不能并存 |
[26:13] | That’s funny, Desi and I had the opposite problem. | 太可笑了 我和黛西的问题正相反 |
[26:16] | You don’t have to tell me, Mac. It’s all right. | 你不必告诉我 小麦 没事的 |
[26:17] | Once the dust settled, | 当我们安定下来后 |
[26:19] | I just realized we weren’t right for each other. | 我才意识到我们并不合适 |
[26:22] | Both clinging on to something familiar | 在凤凰基金会关门后 |
[26:25] | to fill the void left after the Phoenix shut down. It’s… | 我们都坚持做着熟悉的事情来填补空白 |
[26:29] | You know… | 怎么说呢 |
[26:30] | If I’m telling the truth, living normal lives, | 说实话 过着正常的生活 |
[26:33] | we mostly just got on each other’s nerves. | 我们大多数时候只会惹恼对方 |
[26:38] | You think this job screwed us up so bad | 你认为是这份工作害得我们 |
[26:40] | we can never have normal, healthy relationships? | 不能再拥有正常又健康的感情关系吗 |
[26:54] | – Mac! – Riley! | -小麦 -莱丽 |
[27:15] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[27:17] | Oh, my God. | 吓死了 |
[27:20] | – Well, that was insane. You okay? – Yeah. | -太险了 你没事吧 -没事 |
[27:25] | And we’re not dead, so that’s a win. | 我们没死 这就算胜利了 |
[27:28] | Guys, I’m hearing from search and rescue | 伙计们 我听搜救队说 |
[27:30] | that the building just shifted. | 建筑物刚刚晃动了 |
[27:31] | Understatement of the century. | 这不仅仅是晃动 |
[27:34] | Yeah, but the bomb just rolled back half the distance we covered, | 没错 但是炸弹滚回去了一半距离 |
[27:36] | but it didn’t explode, so that’s nice. | 还好它没爆炸 |
[27:38] | Helen, are you there? | 海伦 你在吗 |
[27:42] | Helen? | 海伦 |
[27:44] | Matty, I lost contact with Helen. | 马蒂 我联系不上海伦 |
[27:48] | You hear that? Why is the bomb hissing at us? | 你听到了吗 为什么炸弹发出嘶嘶声 |
[27:57] | The acetone capsule broke. | 丙酮舱破了 |
[28:00] | The bomb is going to go off. | 炸弹快炸了 |
[28:05] | Guys, the crane’s here. What’s your status? | 伙计们 吊车来了 你们那边什么情况 |
[28:07] | I’m still looking for Helen. | 我还在找海伦 |
[28:08] | I can’t get her on the radio. | 无线电联系不上她 |
[28:10] | Helen! | 海伦 |
[28:13] | Okay, we finally made it to the sixth floor. | 好了 我们终于把它搬到六楼了 |
[28:15] | We probably have about 40 minutes | 在炸弹爆炸之前 |
[28:16] | before the bomb explodes. | 我们大概还剩40分钟 |
[28:18] | Good news, though, | 算是好消息了 |
[28:19] | now that the acetone capsule broke, | 既然丙酮舱破了 |
[28:21] | we don’t have to worry about it breaking | 我们就不用担心它会破了 |
[28:23] | and we can move much faster. | 然后我们就能搬得更快了 |
[28:24] | Talk about looking on the bright side. | 想法真乐观 |
[28:26] | On this op, I’ll take anything I can get. | 在这次行动中 我也只能尽量乐观了 |
[28:28] | Helen! | 海伦 |
[28:30] | Helen, can you hear me? | 海伦 能听到吗 |
[28:33] | Helen! | 海伦 |
[28:44] | Helen, you’re brilliant. | 海伦 你真聪明 |
[28:48] | Right, it’s too late for the bomb to be driven out of the city, | 好了 现在把炸弹移出市里已经来不及了 |
[28:50] | but it can still be submerged in the Rhine river, | 但还能把炸弹投进莱茵河里 |
[28:53] | which is only a mile away from your location, and detonated safely. | 离你们那只有一英里远 可以安全引爆 |
[28:56] | Just make sure that you’re both at the edge of the sixth floor | 你们一定都要在六楼的边缘 |
[28:58] | with enough time to secure it to the crane. | 有足够时间把它固定到吊车上 |
[29:01] | Copy that. We should be in good… | 收到 我们应该… |
[29:04] | shape. | 没事 |
[29:08] | We got a problem, guys. | 我们遇到点问题 伙计们 |
[29:09] | How big of a problem? | 多大的问题 |
[29:12] | About ten feet. | 十英尺左右 |
[29:15] | There’s a section of floor missing from the middle of the hallway. | 走廊中间有一段地板塌陷了 |
[29:18] | It must’ve broken away when the building shook. | 肯定是大楼摇晃时断裂的 |
[29:23] | Desi, you’ve got 32 minutes. | 戴西 你还有三十二分钟 |
[29:25] | Start making your way out. | 准备撤退 |
[29:27] | I can’t leave, not yet. | 我现在还不能撤退 |
[29:42] | Helen? | 海伦 |
[29:45] | – Helen? – Yes! | -海伦 -在这 |
[30:13] | Desi? | 戴西 |
[30:30] | I got the wheels. | 我控制轮子 |
[30:31] | You keep looking straight ahead. | 你保持目视前方 |
[30:34] | Eyes on the prize, Mac. | 好好盯着终点 小麦 |
[30:47] | Desi? | 戴西 |
[30:48] | They’re on. | 接通了 |
[30:50] | Helen. | 海伦 |
[30:52] | There are some people that want to talk to you. | 有人想跟你通话 |
[30:56] | Hello? | 你好 |
[30:58] | Mama? Mama? | 妈妈 妈妈 |
[31:02] | Robert. | 罗伯特 |
[31:18] | All right, Matty, we made it. | 好了 马蒂 我们成功了 |
[31:19] | We’re at the edge of the sixth floor. | 我们在六楼的边缘 |
[31:21] | Okay. That’s great news. | 好的 真是好消息 |
[31:22] | Once the crane moves into position, | 一旦吊车就位 |
[31:24] | secure the bomb and get the hell out of there. | 放好炸弹 然后赶紧离开 |
[31:32] | Earlier you were asking me if I thought that… | 之前你问我是否觉得… |
[31:35] | somebody could have this job | 有人可以做好这份工作 |
[31:36] | and maintain a healthy relationship. | 同时保持一段健康的感情关系 |
[31:40] | Here’s something I never told anybody. | 我从没跟别人说过这些 |
[31:43] | When we’re on a mission | 我们执行任务时 |
[31:44] | and I’m about to do something really stupid… | 我要做一些非常愚蠢的事的时候 |
[31:50] | I imagine it all going wrong, | 我会想象一切都出错了 |
[31:53] | and I see myself die. | 看见自己死了 |
[31:55] | Every time. | 每一次 |
[31:57] | I can’t help it. | 我忍不住这么想 |
[32:02] | But… every time I just regret that I’m alone. | 但是 每次我只是后悔自己是孤身一人 |
[32:16] | What? | 什么 |
[32:19] | What’s going on down there, Matty? | 下面发生什么了 马蒂 |
[32:20] | Search and rescue says | 搜救队说 |
[32:21] | one of the crane’s hydraulic lines was punctured by debris. | 吊车的一条液压管被碎片刺破了 |
[32:24] | – It’s out of fluid. – Well, that’s not good. | -液压油流完了 -那可不妙 |
[32:26] | No, it’s not, because now it can’t reach the bomb. | 的确 因为它现在够不到炸弹 |
[32:28] | Our plan was doomed from the start. | 我们的计划一开始就注定要失败 |
[32:30] | How many people are still trapped in the building? | 还有多少人被困在这栋楼里 |
[32:32] | Four. But none of them can be moved, | 四个人 但他们都动不了 |
[32:35] | at least not in time. | 起码无法及时离开 |
[32:36] | Desi, you’ve got less than 26 minutes to get out of there. | 戴西 你只剩下不到二十六分钟离开那里 |
[32:39] | She’s pinned, and I’m not leaving. | 她被压住了 我不会离开的 |
[32:43] | Desi, when that bomb goes off, | 戴西 炸弹爆炸的话 |
[32:45] | it’s taking everyone in the building down with it. | 会炸死大楼里所有人 |
[32:50] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[32:51] | There’s no reason that you should be one of them. | 你没必要也一起牺牲 |
[32:53] | I’m not leaving, Mac. | 我不会离开的 小麦 |
[32:57] | It’s up to you now. | 现在看你的了 |
[33:00] | Okay, we need a Plan B. | 好吧 我们需要后备计划 |
[33:09] | All we have to do is get the bomb down to the ground. | 我们只需要把炸弹放到地面 |
[33:11] | Then that truck can drive her to the river. | 然后卡车就可以把它运到河边 |
[33:13] | Well, yeah, sure, but we don’t know how to do that first part. | 是啊 当然 但我们不知道怎么执行第一步 |
[33:16] | We might. | 也许可以 |
[33:17] | Remember when that kid at the scouts retreat asked | 记得童子军休息区的孩子问 |
[33:19] | why he had to learn all the boring science stuff? | 为什么他必须要学这些无聊的科学知识吗 |
[33:21] | Yeah. | 记得 |
[33:30] | All we have to do is decrease the impact force, right? | 我们要做的就是减小冲击力 对吧 |
[33:33] | – What kid? – It’s all about the impact force. | -什么孩子 -冲击力才是关键 |
[33:35] | What’s impact force? | 什么冲击力 |
[33:37] | We’re gonna egg drop the bomb off the side of the building. | 我们要用落蛋的方法把炸弹扔下楼 |
[33:39] | What? No, no, no, no. | 什么 不不不 |
[33:41] | That’s a bonkers idea. That’s a bonkers idea, right? | 这是个疯狂的想法 太疯狂了 对吧 |
[33:43] | 100% what he said. | 他说的没错 |
[33:44] | Could that even work? | 那样能行吗 |
[33:45] | I mean, yeah, the physics are the same as | 是的 运用的物理原理 |
[33:47] | what’s taught to every middle school kid around the world, | 和全世界所有中学孩子学的一样 |
[33:49] | just on a slightly larger scale. | 只是规模大了点 |
[33:51] | Mac, wouldn’t a fall from that height | 小麦 从那个高度落下 |
[33:53] | risk breaking what’s left of the celluloid discs, | 会不会破坏剩下的赛璐珞盘 |
[33:55] | which could prematurely detonate the bomb? | 导致提早引爆炸弹 |
[33:57] | In a word… | 总的来说… |
[33:59] | yes, but.. this thing fell 8,000 feet and didn’t blow up. | 有可能 但它已经下落8000英尺没有爆炸 |
[34:03] | What’s 60 more? | 再来60英尺又如何 |
[34:12] | I’m telling you, | 我跟你说 |
[34:13] | we need to increase tension on the bungee cords. | 我们要增加弹力绳的张力 |
[34:15] | We already tried that. | 我们已经试过了 |
[34:16] | Then we need to increase it more. | 那我们得进一步增加 |
[34:18] | Angus, your egg drop design | 安格斯 你的落蛋设计 |
[34:20] | has leveled the Phoenix Foundation | 已经花费了凤凰基金会 |
[34:21] | 43% of the time we’ve tossed it off the roof. | 从屋顶把它扔下去所需的43%的时间 |
[34:24] | If you push yours off the side of the building, | 如果你把这从大楼边推下去 |
[34:25] | it’s basically flipping a coin to see | 这基本上就相当于抛硬币赌 |
[34:27] | if you’ll be incinerated or not. | 看我们会不会被炸得渣都不剩 |
[34:29] | Yeah, well, that still gives Desi and Helen | 没错 但是比起我们什么都不做 |
[34:30] | a 57% better shot at surviving than if we walk away. | 这能给戴西和海伦增加57%的存活几率 |
[34:34] | Well, we… we could try increasing the, | 我们可以试着增加 |
[34:36] | the tension on the bungee cord here. | 这里蹦极绳索的张力 |
[34:38] | No. We only have 20 minutes. | 不 我们只有二十分钟 |
[34:40] | The benefit of improving the design | 改进设计结构的好处 |
[34:42] | doesn’t outweigh the risk of running out the clock. | 远小于耗光时间的风险 |
[34:44] | It’s go time. | 该动手了 |
[34:48] | Riley. | 莱丽 |
[34:49] | Count of three. | 数到三 |
[34:50] | One. | 一 |
[34:56] | Two. | 二 |
[35:16] | Three! | 三 |
[35:37] | It didn’t explode. | 它没爆炸 |
[35:46] | – We’re still alive. – What? | -我们还活着 -是啊 |
[35:53] | Mac. | 小麦 |
[35:58] | You’re never alone, all right? | 你从来不是孤身一人 知道吗 |
[36:00] | You neither, Riley. | 你也不是 莱丽 |
[36:02] | And you definitely earned your science badge today. | 你今天绝对赢得了科学徽章 |
[36:29] | You’re home. | 你回来了 |
[36:43] | I was trying not to wake you. | 我不想吵醒你的 |
[36:44] | I figured you’d be starving, | 我想你一定饿坏了 |
[36:46] | so I put last night’s dinner back in the oven. | 所以我把昨天的晚饭放在微波炉了 |
[36:49] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[36:51] | How was San Francisco? | 旧金山怎么样 |
[36:54] | I’ve already forgotten. | 我已经忘记了 |
[37:09] | So… | 那么 |
[37:11] | Mac, Riley and Desi are back home, | 小麦 莱丽 戴西回了家 |
[37:13] | safe and sound, and… | 安然无恙 |
[37:15] | Helen is with her family at the hospital. | 海伦一家人在医院 |
[37:19] | Good news. | 好消息 |
[37:20] | Yes. You… | 是的 你… |
[37:23] | you did well today. | 今天干的不错 |
[37:27] | My good man. | 好伙计 |
[37:28] | You weren’t so bad yourself, old chap. | 你也不赖 老伙计 |
[37:30] | – Please, sir… – Please. Stop. | -长官 让我… -可以了 打住 |
[37:32] | Okay. | 好的 |
[37:34] | So, I’ve figured out what it is you do here. | 我已经明白你在这儿的作用了 |
[37:40] | I mean, good. | 那挺好 |
[37:42] | But if you could, you know, like… | 但如果你可以 |
[37:44] | tell me, that… that’d be cool, too, to-to know. | 亲口告诉我 我会很高兴 |
[37:47] | Little bit of this, little bit of that. | 这个会一点 那个会一点 |
[37:49] | Jack-of-all-trades. | 通晓百艺 |
[37:52] | – But a master of none. – No. | -却无一技之长 -不 |
[37:55] | A master of more than one would imagine. | 是超乎想象的全才 |
[38:02] | Apologies for before. | 我为此前的态度道歉 |
[38:04] | No worries, man. | 不用担心 伙计 |
[38:05] | I’m sorry for… | 我很抱歉 |
[38:07] | considering shutting down your lab. | 之前考虑把你的实验室关停 |
[38:09] | All good. Wait, what? | 没事 等等 你说什么 |
[38:10] | And my regrets for putting old what’s-his-face, Sparky, on eBay. | 很抱歉把那个旧家伙”闪闪”挂网上拍卖 |
[38:13] | Good news, though, is that he’s up to $200. | 但是也有好消息 他被炒到200美金了 |
[38:21] | No, no, no. What the hell, man? | 不 不 不 这什么情况啊 伙计 |
[38:22] | 参与竞价 人工智能 “闪闪” 现价200美金 | |
[38:30] | I found this photo in documents | 这张照片 |
[38:32] | in the Office of Scientific Research and Development. | 是我在科学研究与发展办公室的档案里找到的 |
[38:35] | The man at the back far left is Dr. Zachary Tutelman. | 后边一排最左边是扎卡里·捷尔曼博士 |
[38:38] | He’s the designer of the time-delay bomb fuse. | 他是延时炸弹引信的设计师 |
[38:41] | And the others? | 其他人呢 |
[38:43] | I don’t know yet. | 我还不知道 |
[38:44] | But take a look at the clipboard | 但仔细看一下 这个穿西服的人 |
[38:45] | that the man in the suit is holding. | 他手上拿的笔记板 |
[38:49] | It’s them. | 是他们 |
[38:52] | That’s the symbol of the group we’ve been looking for– | 这是我们在找的那个组织的标志 |
[38:54] | the organization behind the L.A. water supply, | 洛杉矶水利局背后 |
[38:56] | the NORAD attack. | 发动北美防空联合司令部袭击的组织 |
[38:57] | But I don’t understand how. | 但是我不懂怎么做到的 |
[38:58] | This is from the 1940s. | 这照片是一九四几年的 |
[38:59] | Whoever they are, | 不管他们是谁 |
[39:00] | they’ve been around a lot longer than we first thought. | 这个组织存在的时间比我们最初认为的要长得多 |
[39:02] | But that’s not all. | 但还不止是这样 |
[39:04] | I did some more digging, and… | 我仔细查了下 |
[39:08] | I think I know what they call themselves. | 我想我知道他们自称什么了 |
[39:13] | This is the day for which free people long have waited– | 这是向往自由的人们期待已久的一天 |
[39:16] | this is D-Day. | 今天是诺曼底登陆的日子 |
[39:41] | You’re not allowed to be in here without clearance. | 你没权限 不能进入这里 |
[39:45] | I know that you have reservations about the… | 我知道您对这种发明所带来的好处 |
[39:48] | goodness of this endeavor. | 持有保留意见 |
[39:52] | There are others who think as you do, fellow innovators | 也有其他科学家和你想法相同 |
[39:54] | who hope that science will make the world a better place, | 他们既希望科技造福人类 |
[39:58] | but fear that it might end it. | 又担心会毁灭世界 |
[40:02] | I’m here to tell you one thing: | 我来这里是告知您 |
[40:05] | there is a way for you to continue your work | 现在仍有方法可以让您继续科研 |
[40:07] | and find peace. | 同时找到心灵的平静 |
[40:10] | You just have to be shown a… | 你只需要从另一个角度 |
[40:12] | different perspective. | 来看待这件事 |
[40:16] | Consider it. | 考虑一下 |