时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:56] | The Secretary is so sorry, Mr. Ambassador. | 国务卿女士深表歉意 大使先生 |
[00:59] | She was called away to a meeting at the White House. | 她被叫去白宫开会了 |
[01:01] | Hmm, regarding the talks with Iran, no doubt. | 肯定是跟伊朗方面谈判的问题吧 |
[01:04] | I hear there’s a snag. | 听说出现了小摩擦 |
[01:07] | Of course, you couldn’t say, could you? | 想必你就算知道也不能告诉我 |
[01:08] | She did want me to tell you | 她让我转告您 |
[01:09] | that Canada is a very high priority. | 加拿大是极其重要的盟友 |
[01:13] | Very nice of her to say. | 谢谢她的廖赞 |
[01:20] | What you’re looking at, Mr. President, is an act of war | 您现在目睹的是伊朗伊斯兰共和国 |
[01:23] | on the part of the Islamic Republic of Iran. | 单方面挑起的战争行为 |
[01:26] | I’m looking at a building that could be a Walmart. | 我只能看到一栋楼 说不定是家沃尔玛呢 |
[01:29] | It’s the heavy-water production plant, Sir. | 这是一座重水生产厂 总统 |
[01:31] | It’s the same heavy-water reactor the Iranians | 伊朗方面在一周前同意了 |
[01:34] | agreed to halt construction on over a week ago. | 停止这所重水厂的建造 |
[01:37] | Sir, I’ve been negotiating. | 总统先生 我一直在和各方谈判 |
[01:38] | I’m getting nowhere with these people here in Vienna | 但近十八个月来 国际法庭方面表示毫无对策 |
[01:40] | for almost 18 months. | 谈判一事 进展堪忧 |
[01:40] | 和平宫 奥地利 维也纳 | |
[01:42] | Right now, if you ask me, I need to go in that room | 要让我说 我们现在就应该走进法庭 |
[01:44] | and tell them the talking is over. | 宣布谈判崩裂 |
[01:47] | What are you proposing, Allen? | 你有什么建议 艾伦 |
[01:48] | Well, Sir, we have a squadron | 总统先生 我们有一组F-18战机 |
[01:49] | of F-18’s on a carrier in the Gulf. | 正在西亚海湾的航母上待命 |
[01:51] | They can be over that thing in 40, 45 minutes. | 四十到四十五分钟内就能到达目的地 |
[01:55] | And then boom…you won’t need a satellite | 把那厂夷为平地 到时候你们不需要卫星云图 |
[01:57] | to know that something’s going on. | 都能看清楚发生什么事了 |
[01:59] | Uh, so we’re clear, | 请容我确认一下 |
[02:00] | as Chief U.S. Negotiator for the Middle East peace talks, | 作为美国中东和平事项的首席谈判官 |
[02:05] | you are recommending a threat of military | 你是在提议我们对伊朗 |
[02:07] | aggression against Iran. | 作出军事性威胁 |
[02:09] | Correct. | 正是 |
[02:12] | The trouble with a threat is | 作出威胁的问题是 |
[02:13] | you have to be ready to act on it. | 你得准备好兑现威胁 |
[02:16] | Elizabeth? | 伊丽莎白 |
[02:17] | Sir? | 总统先生 |
[02:18] | You agree with Mr. Bollings? | 你同意博林先生的提议吗 |
[02:22] | Well, he’s-he’s been in the room since day one, Sir. | 这件事他从第一天就开始跟进 总统先生 |
[02:25] | Right. He was Secretary Marsh’s appointment. | 对了 是前国务卿马什命他前往谈判的 |
[02:28] | Under your advisement, Mr. President. | 当时您也同意了 总统先生 |
[02:31] | Of course. | 当然 |
[02:32] | But now I’d like to know what my new Secretary of State thinks. | 但现在我想听听新任国务卿的看法 |
[02:39] | Wasn’t there some discussion that if the Iranians | 我方是不是考虑过 |
[02:42] | shut down this particular reactor on schedule, | 如果伊朗方面同意按时停止建造重水厂 |
[02:45] | we would give them something in return? | 我方会做出相应的补偿吗 |
[02:48] | We did discuss lifting the ban on airplane parts. | 我们的确谈过取消飞机零件贸易的禁止令 |
[02:50] | Right, because we haven’t given them any new parts or planes | 没错 因为我们自伊朗革命后 |
[02:54] | since the Revolution. | 就停止向他们销售飞机零件了 |
[02:55] | Maybe it’s time to put that on the table. | 也许是时候以此为筹码进行谈判了 |
[02:57] | You can’t reward this kind of action… | 你不能以奖赏纵容这样的行为… |
[02:59] | No, no. It’s not a reward, | 不 这不是奖赏 |
[03:01] | if you also stipulate they have to allow inspectors. | 你还得要求他们允许我方派遣审查员 |
[03:04] | To make sure that that thing is turned off | 在他们声称已经关闭的时期 |
[03:06] | when they say it’s turned off. | 确保工厂处于关闭状态 |
[03:08] | Something the Iranians have refused to do up until now. | 这是目前为止伊朗方面一直拒绝的一点 |
[03:12] | Carrot and Stick. | 软硬兼施 |
[03:15] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[03:17] | Do you think you could make that work, Allen? | 你觉得这计划可行吗 艾伦 |
[03:21] | Well, I can try, Sir. | 我会努力的 总统先生 |
[03:22] | If you both think it will work. | 若两位都认为此计可行的话 |
[03:24] | I do. | 我认为可行 |
[03:27] | And it had better. | 这事最好能成 |
[03:29] | Otherwise… | 否则… |
[03:32] | There’s no way Iran gets a nuclear weapon on my watch. | 我不会让伊朗在我任期内遭受核弹袭击 |
[03:35] | Otherwise, it’s war. | 否则 战火将再次燃起 |
[03:39] | So, we’re going with “the peace talks | 所以就写 “我们要继续跟伊朗方面 |
[03:40] | in Vienna with Iran are continuing”? | 在维也纳的和平谈判”吗 |
[03:42] | And we continue to look for progress. | “我们将继续展望谈判进展” |
[03:43] | Well, we can’t say continue twice… | 不能连用两次”继续” |
[03:44] | it sounds desperate. | 听起来有技穷的感觉 |
[03:45] | Just keep it short and simple. | 保持简介明了就好 |
[03:47] | Nothing to sound the alarms. | 别提任何敏感词 |
[03:48] | We’ve given them 48 hours to shut down the reactor. | 我们给伊朗方面四十八小时关闭工厂 |
[03:51] | After that, say a prayer | 在那之后 只能跟 |
[03:52] | to whatever God you pray to by whatever name. | 你们相信的各方诸神祈祷了 |
[03:57] | Sorry. Did I just bring the mood down? | 抱歉 我把气氛搞压抑了吗 |
[04:00] | You’re in good hands with Mr. Bollings, Ma’am. | 博林先生办事您大可放心 国务卿女士 |
[04:01] | – Really? – As U.S. special envoy, | -真的吗 -作为美国特使 |
[04:03] | well, he negotiated the settlement in Northern Ireland. | 他一手促成了北爱尔兰岛和谈 |
[04:06] | – Brought about the cease-fire in Kosovo. – Yeah. | -止住了科索沃的战火 -没错 |
[04:07] | And he’s rumored to be on the short list | 传闻声称他极有可能获得 |
[04:09] | for a Nobel Prize. | 诺贝尔和平奖 |
[04:10] | So I’ve heard. A lot. | 他的光辉事迹我早有耳闻 |
[04:13] | Why are you all out here? | 你们为什么都待在外头 |
[04:15] | The Honorable Lester Clark, Ambassador of Canada, | 加拿大驻美大使 莱斯特·克拉克阁下 |
[04:17] | is still in your office. | 还在您办公室等您 |
[04:18] | Holy crap! | 我的妈呀 |
[04:19] | Which is not soundproof. | 而且您的办公室并不隔音 |
[04:21] | Damn it. | 我去 |
[04:23] | Is he mad? | 他生气了吗 |
[04:24] | In a Canadian kind of way. | 对加拿大人来说算是生气了吧 |
[04:28] | Is this about that explosion on the pipeline? | 他是为输油管爆炸一事来的吗 |
[04:30] | – It’s probably about the party. – Which party? | -有可能是为了舞会的事 -什么舞会 |
[04:32] | The reception Canada’s throwing for her | 本周末加方要在大使馆 |
[04:33] | at their embassy this weekend, | 为她举行宴会 |
[04:34] | welcoming her to her new job. | 庆贺她新官上任 |
[04:35] | Oh, wait, not everybody made the list. | 看来不是每个人都会被邀请呢 |
[04:37] | The meeting could be about both. | 两件事皆有可能 |
[04:38] | And not to worry, we’re all on the list. | 不必担心 我们都被邀请了 |
[04:40] | And we’re all plus one. | 而且都需要携带伴侣 |
[04:41] | You guys bringing Callie and Winthrop? | 你们要带上科莉和温索普吗 |
[04:42] | – Carly. – He prefers Win. | -是卡莉 -他习惯被叫温 |
[04:43] | Well, whatever. Just let me know | 随便了 记得把名字交上来 |
[04:45] | so I can put their names on the list. | 我好把他们加入宾客列表中 |
[04:46] | Are you bringing a date, Blake? | 你要携伴出席吗 布莱克 |
[04:47] | – Yes. – Anybody we know? | -要 -是我们认识的人吗 |
[04:49] | Not yet. | 目前还不认识 |
[04:50] | He never identifies a gender. | 他从没说过性别 |
[04:52] | It’s rude to ask, too, right? | 如果问的话也很无礼 对吧 |
[04:53] | He knows…about us. | 他知道… 我俩的事 |
[04:55] | He does not. Every time this happens, | 他不知道 每次发生这事 |
[04:56] | you think everybody knows. | 你总觉得大家都知道 |
[04:58] | This does not happen enough times to create a ratio. | 也没发生多少次吧 就能出这样的比率了 |
[05:00] | Last night was an aberration. | 昨晚就是一错误 |
[05:01] | Yes. Our sixth aberration? | 是啊 我们犯的第六次错吗 |
[05:04] | Best to date in my opinion. | 我倒觉得是到目前为止最好的一次 |
[05:05] | Look, it only happens when we work late under pressure | 只有在我们顶着压力工作到很晚然后有人说 |
[05:07] | and someone says — I admit, usually me — | “来杯龙舌兰有什么关系”的时候才会发生 |
[05:09] | a tequila shot couldn’t hurt. | 我承认通常都是我说的 |
[05:11] | So we have to not do that anymore. | 我们不能再这么做了 |
[05:12] | Because I’m with Win and you’re with Callie. | 因为我现在跟温在一起而你跟科莉在一起 |
[05:14] | – Carly. – These episodes are dishonest and weak. | -卡莉 -这样既不诚实又很软弱 |
[05:16] | And fun. | 但是很有趣 |
[05:19] | But mostly dishonest and weak. | 但主要还是既不诚实又软弱 |
[05:21] | Look, I mean it. | 我说真的 |
[05:21] | Last night was the absolute last time. | 昨晚绝对是最后一次了 |
[05:25] | Absolutely. | 绝对是 |
[05:37] | It’s clearly an act of eco-terrorism | 这显然是生态恐怖主义行为 |
[05:39] | aimed at stopping the building | 意图阻止我们两国之间 |
[05:40] | of a link between our two countries. | 建立联系 |
[05:42] | Well, whatever it was, it happened | 不管是什么 |
[05:43] | on Canadian soil… | 这发生在加拿大领土内 |
[05:45] | or Canadian arctic tundra. | 或者说是加拿大极地冻原 |
[05:47] | Forgive me. | 恕我无礼 |
[05:48] | But it’s subarctic taiga. | 应该是亚北极针叶林 |
[05:50] | It isn’t tundra unless there’s permafrost. | 没有永久冻土层就算不上冻原 |
[05:54] | My mistake. | 我的错 |
[05:56] | But until we know the motives and nationality | 但在我们弄清应为此负责的人的 |
[05:59] | of the people responsible, | 动机和国籍之前 |
[06:00] | we can’t say what it… | 我们不能… |
[06:02] | clearly is or isn’t. | 断言是非 |
[06:05] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[06:07] | My government has been very clear | 我国政府对输油管 |
[06:09] | about its commitment to this pipeline. | 的态度非常明确 |
[06:11] | Can you say the same? | 你们能保持一致吗 |
[06:12] | No, not until you make it clear why you’re asking. | 不行 你得先说清楚为何会质疑这一点 |
[06:14] | Well, the State Department — your State Department — | 国务院 你们的国务院 |
[06:17] | is sitting on a report. | 已经收到了报告 |
[06:19] | The Environmental Impact Assessment of the Pipeline. | 《输油管环境影响评估》 |
[06:22] | I haven’t had a chance to review that. | 我还没来得及看 |
[06:23] | It was prepared under my predecessor. | 那是上一任国务卿监管的 |
[06:25] | Yes. Secretary Marsh | 没错 国务卿马什 |
[06:27] | assured me last time we talked in this office | 上次在这间办公室里向我保证 |
[06:30] | that its conclusions would be favorable. | 结果将是皆大欢喜的 |
[06:33] | Look… | 听我说… |
[06:35] | the longer you withhold this report, | 这份报告你拖得越久 |
[06:37] | the more hope you give these bomb-throwers | 就会给这些埋炸弹的人以及环保激进分子 |
[06:39] | and eco-activists that they can pressure you | 更多希望 进一步给你施压 |
[06:42] | into killing the pipeline. | 来扼杀输油管的铺设 |
[06:43] | Is that what you want? | 那会是你想要的吗 |
[06:44] | Wow. I-I-I don’t know which fallacy to start with. | 如此多谬误我不知道从何说起了 |
[06:49] | Allow me to rephrase. | 请允许我重新措辞 |
[06:52] | I want your word | 我想要你保证 |
[06:54] | that you will make it a priority | 你会优先将 |
[06:55] | to release the report on the pipeline. | 输油管的报告公布 |
[07:00] | Yes. To read… | 好 先审阅 |
[07:02] | and release. You have my word. | 然后公布 我向你保证 |
[07:04] | There should be no misunderstanding | 朋友之间不该有 |
[07:06] | – between friends. – Well, I agree. | -误会的 -我很赞同 |
[07:08] | Friends should have parties. | 朋友应该为朋友开舞会 |
[07:09] | Like the one you’re throwing me Friday night. | 比如周五晚你们要给我办的舞会 |
[07:11] | Thank you again by the way. | 再次感谢你 |
[07:12] | You’re most welcome. | 不用谢 |
[07:14] | Our two countries have always found a way | 我们两国总能和平地 |
[07:16] | to work out our differences amicably. | 处理好异议 |
[07:19] | 1812年美国正式向英国宣战 但是英国军队的50%兵员都是加拿大的民兵 | |
[07:19] | Right. I mean, at least since the War of 1812. | 没错 至少在1812年战争之后是的 |
[07:22] | Not to bring up a touchy subject. | 我无意提起敏感话题 |
[07:24] | And why would it be touchy? | 这为什么敏感呢 |
[07:25] | Well…we won. | 因为…我们赢了 |
[07:30] | Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[07:31] | the War of 1812 | 1812年战争 |
[07:33] | was a draw. | 可是平局 |
[07:39] | We’re looking at a live feed now of the Palace | 我们现在正在宫殿中为您现场直播 |
[07:41] | where representatives of the United States and Iran | 美国与伊朗代表们重启 |
[07:44] | are resuming talks on nuclear disarm… | 无核化谈判… |
[07:46] | Something smells really good! | 闻着好香啊 |
[07:48] | Mom, what’s really happening? | 妈妈 到底在发生什么事 |
[07:50] | When will you get the part that she can’t talk about her work? | 你什么时候才能懂她不能谈论她的工作 |
[07:54] | It’s chicken chili this time. And cornbread. | 今天吃辣椒炖鸡 还有玉米面包 |
[07:56] | – It tastes pretty good. – Wow! Yum. | -味道挺不错 -美味啊 |
[07:58] | We get no heads-up on nuclear war? | 要发生核战争你也不会提醒我们吗 |
[08:00] | Listen, all you need to know is that your government | 你们只需要知道你们的政府 |
[08:02] | is doing everything to keep you safe. | 在竭尽所能保障你们的安全 |
[08:05] | Yeah, even if it means nuking someone else. | 即便那意味着要用核弹打击别人 |
[08:07] | Hey, cut it out. Nobody’s getting nuked. | 打住 没人会遭到核打击 |
[08:09] | How can you absolutely know that? | 你怎么能那么肯定 |
[08:11] | You can’t absolutely know that. | 谁也没法肯定 |
[08:14] | Look. Come here. | 过来 |
[08:15] | There was a time when nuclear war was | 曾经爆发核战争的可能性要大得多 |
[08:18] | a much bigger possibility and it didn’t happen then. | 但那时也没有发生 |
[08:21] | When was that? | 什么时候 |
[08:22] | Well, back when your dad and I were young | 在你爸和我还很年轻 |
[08:26] | and dinosaurs roamed the earth. | 恐龙统治地球的时候 |
[08:27] | Yeah, you know, like, before the Internet. | 互联网诞生之前 |
[08:29] | Okay, somebody tell mom about their day. | 好了 谁向妈妈汇报下你的一天 |
[08:31] | And make it good. | 说点好事 |
[08:33] | – Why don’t you tell mom about your day? – No, don’t. | -你自己怎么不跟妈汇报 -还是别了 |
[08:35] | – Mom? – Shh, no. | -妈妈 -别说 |
[08:36] | – What? – Did you know | -什么 -你知道 |
[08:38] | that today dad also made the news? | 今天老爸也上新闻了 |
[08:40] | – Don’t tell her everything. – Come on, Dad! | -别什么都告诉她 -别呀 老爸 |
[08:42] | No, no, no! What happened? | 不不不 发生什么了 |
[08:44] | Apparently I made some list of famous spouses. | 我上了什么著名人士配偶榜 |
[08:46] | Uh, prettiest spouses. | 最俊美著名人士配偶 |
[08:47] | TMI magazine’s list of The Arm Candy | 《TMI》杂志出的美国政府版的 |
[08:49] | Top Ten U.S. Government Edition. | “甜心伴侣前十排行榜” |
[08:52] | – Get out! – Dad is number three. | -不是吧 -爸爸排第三 |
[08:56] | Who’s one and two? | 第一第二是谁 |
[08:57] | Oh, they’re both women and they’re both former supermodels. | 都是女性 都是前超模 |
[08:59] | Yeah, just so you know where the country’s priorities lie. | 立刻就看出美国人的重点在哪了 |
[09:01] | Aw, I think that’s adorable. | 我觉得这是好事 |
[09:04] | All right, that was a very good start. | 好了 是个好开始 |
[09:05] | More. I need more good news. | 再来点 我需要更多好消息 |
[09:07] | I got assigned the world’s stupidest report | 我在英语课上被分配了 |
[09:09] | – in English class today. – Hey, come on. | -最蠢的报告题目 -拜托 |
[09:10] | Which I am totally psyched about. | 看得出我很激动吗 |
[09:12] | And I’m dying to hear about. What is it? | 我等不及要听了 什么报告 |
[09:13] | I have to interview a parent or caregiver about their lives. | 我得采访一位家长或监护人 了解他们的生活 |
[09:15] | It’s a 500-word essay about their occupation. | 写一篇有关他们职业的短文 五百字左右 |
[09:18] | What they like and don’t like about it. | 他们喜不喜欢自己的职业 |
[09:19] | Teacher’s obviously angling for me to write about you, Mom. | 老师明显想让我写你 妈妈 |
[09:22] | – Of course. – That’s why I’m writing about Dad. | -当然 -所以我要写爸爸 |
[09:25] | Mr. Arm Candy. | 甜心伴侣先生 |
[09:31] | I’m telling you it’s not just rebellion. | 我跟你说 他不只是叛逆 |
[09:33] | Honey, it is. | 亲爱的 就是 |
[09:35] | He’s not interested in the life of a religious scholar. | 他对宗教学家的生活不感兴趣 |
[09:38] | No, but you were a Marine Corps pilot. | 对 但你是海军陆战队飞行员 |
[09:40] | And you guys can talk about cool | 你们可以聊聊炫酷的战斗机 |
[09:42] | fighter jets and stuff like that. | 还有类似的事情 |
[09:44] | Come on, he’s an anarchist. | 拜托 他是无政府主义者 |
[09:46] | He’s not interested in my military history. | 他对我的军旅历程没兴趣 |
[09:50] | Without government institutions, | 没有政府机构 |
[09:52] | what would the anarchists have to anarchy about? | 无政府主义者要反对什么啊 |
[10:03] | Hello? Yeah, put her through. Thanks. | 你好 转进来 谢谢 |
[10:08] | Seized when? | 什么时候被抓的 |
[10:10] | Blockaded? No, um… | 封锁 不… |
[10:13] | I’ll be right in. Thank you. | 我马上来 谢谢你 |
[10:20] | We’re at war with Iran? | 我们跟伊朗开战了 |
[10:22] | No. With Canada. | 不 是跟加拿大 |
[10:28] | These are a few fishing boats, Madam Secretary. | 是几艘渔船 国务卿女士 |
[10:31] | These are American boats, boarded and seized. | 是美国船只 被登船逮捕了 |
[10:34] | Uh, the salmon, I believe, are Canadian. | 三文鱼是加拿大的 |
[10:37] | It’s a clear violation of the 2009 revision | 这明显违反了1985年《太平洋渔业协议》 |
[10:40] | to the Pacific Fisheries Treaty of 1985. | 2009年修订本 |
[10:44] | This is simple enforcement. | 我方只是实施协议 |
[10:46] | You’re trying to strong-arm me | 你想逼迫我 |
[10:47] | into releasing the pipeline report. | 公布输油管的报告 |
[10:49] | I’m sorry you feel that way. | 很抱歉你会那么想 |
[10:51] | What if instead of releasing the report, | 如果我不公布报告 |
[10:53] | I cancel the Level P-1 temporary athletic visas | 但取消曲棍球协会所有加拿大籍 |
[10:56] | of every Canadian national in the NHL? | 球员的P1级暂时签证如何 |
[10:59] | For violations to Section 101 of the Immigration | 因为违反1965年定制的 |
[11:03] | and Nationality Act of 1965? | 《移民与国籍法》的101条 |
[11:05] | Simple enforcement. | 我只是实施协议 |
[11:08] | Hockey season starts soon. | 曲棍球赛季马上开始了 |
[11:10] | That’ll be a short season. | 那这赛季会很短了 |
[11:13] | I’m sure you wouldn’t stoop to that. | 我确信你不会做那种事 |
[11:14] | And I was sure that in the face of our trying | 我本来还确信在我们如今 |
[11:16] | to avoid military escalation with Iran, | 尽力避免跟伊朗军事冲突的时候 |
[11:19] | you wouldn’t stoop to this. | 你不会做这种事呢 |
[11:20] | I repeat, Madam Secretary, | 我重申 国务卿女士 |
[11:21] | it’s a clear violation of the Fisheries Treaty. | 这明显违反了《渔业协议》 |
[11:24] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[11:24] | You’re right. | 你说对了 |
[11:25] | Let’s get the President in on this. | 我们来听听总统的意见 |
[11:30] | Secretary McCord for President Dalton. | 国务卿麦考德找道尔顿总统 |
[11:33] | What do I get out of this, Madam Secretary, | 我能得到什么 国务卿女士 |
[11:36] | if I release the boats? | 如果我释放船只 |
[11:38] | You get to not find yourself on the business end | 你得到的是不会发现自己 |
[11:40] | of a midnight call with President Dalton about salmon. | 半夜为点三文鱼给道尔顿总统打电话 |
[11:43] | Do you want to wake him? | 要吵醒他吗 |
[11:45] | I don’t know, Lester. Do I? | 我不知道 莱斯特 要吗 |
[11:49] | Your boats will be released. | 船会被释放 |
[11:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:51] | Cancel the call. | 取消电话 |
[11:52] | And I will read and release the report. | 我会阅读并公布报告 |
[11:55] | When I’m ready. | 在我有时间的时候 |
[11:56] | Well, this is not the last you’ve heard | 这不会是我最后一次 |
[11:57] | on the matter, Madam Secretary. | 跟你提报告的事 国务卿女士 |
[11:59] | I believe you, Lester. | 我相信 莱斯特 |
[12:01] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[12:04] | Who d’you call? | 你打给了谁 |
[12:06] | My sister. | 我妹妹 |
[12:08] | She’s used to it. | 她习惯了 |
[12:15] | I try to lecture so the students | 我给学生们讲课的方式是 |
[12:16] | grasp the organization of what I’m saying, | 让他们抓住我课堂内容的结构 |
[12:18] | see the way the subject is laid out. | 看到整个主题的线索关系 |
[12:20] | So that later they can see the whole pattern. | 让他们在后来能看到整体 |
[12:23] | Understand it and retain it. | 理解比且记住 |
[12:25] | Right. | 好的 |
[12:26] | Okay, so did you always want to be a teacher? | 那你是一直都想做老师吗 |
[12:29] | No, didn’t know what I wanted to do. | 不 我以前不知道自己想做什么 |
[12:31] | Except go to college. | 除了上大学 |
[12:32] | Which for me wasn’t really an option, | 那时上学不是个很大的可能 |
[12:36] | unless I figured out a way to pay for it myself. | 除非我能找到办法自己付钱 |
[12:37] | That’s how I wound up in the ROTC, | 所以我参与了后备军官训练队 |
[12:39] | and that’s why I joined the Marine Corps Air Wing. | 加入了海军陆战队的空军部队 |
[12:42] | Wait. Wait… | 等等 等等… |
[12:43] | So-so you, like, didn’t even care about flying planes? | 所以你根本不想开飞机 |
[12:46] | No, of course I did. | 我当然想 |
[12:47] | What, are you nuts? | 你傻吗 |
[12:48] | I always wanted to fly a plane. | 我一直想开飞机 |
[12:50] | Took me five years of active duty | 我花了五年服役 |
[12:52] | to get in the cockpit, but I did it. | 才进了驾驶舱 但我做到了 |
[12:54] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:55] | So, you flew some planes. | 你开过飞机 |
[12:57] | And then you left because you decided to teach religion? | 然后为了教宗教学而离开了 |
[13:01] | Well, the transition was a little more complicated than that. | 这个过渡过程要比你说的复杂点 |
[13:04] | Mom’s on TV. | 妈妈在电视上 |
[13:05] | Thirty years of mutual mistrust | 三十年间相互的不信任 |
[13:07] | cannot be resolved overnight. | 不可能在一夜间解决 |
[13:09] | But there has been tangible progress on key issues, | 但关键问题已有了实际的进展 |
[13:12] | so, thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[13:15] | – Eric. – How do you respond to reports | -埃里克 -您怎么回应 |
[13:17] | the Iranian President’s visit | 伊朗总统来访白宫 |
[13:18] | to the White House may be postponed, even canceled? | 可能推迟甚至取消一事 |
[13:21] | I see no indication of that happening at this time. | 我不觉得现在会发生这种事 |
[13:24] | The visit in itself | 这次会见本身 |
[13:25] | is a significant step. I mean, you have to remember that | 就是个很大的进步 别忘了 |
[13:28] | formal diplomatic relations between our countries | 我们两国之间正式的外交关系 |
[13:31] | ended in 1980. | 终止于1980年 |
[13:33] | President Shiraz will be the first Iranian leader | 设拉子总统将会是自那时候以来 |
[13:36] | to visit Washington since that time. | 首位访问华盛顿的伊朗领导人 |
[13:39] | Yeah, that is if we don’t go to war. | 是啊 前提是我们两国没开战 |
[13:44] | It’s okay, honey. | 没事的 宝贝 |
[13:46] | – That was great. Just spot on. Professional. – Good. | -很好 完美 很专业 -好 |
[13:48] | Just one observation — | 只有一点 |
[13:50] | it’s more of a note than a criticism — | 不是说批评你只是说要注意一下 |
[13:52] | your voice gets a little breathy when you lie. | 你说谎的时候呼吸声会加重 |
[13:54] | But…I wa…I was not lying. | 可是 我没 我没在说谎啊 |
[13:56] | I meant obfuscate. | 我是说内容比较模糊的时候 |
[13:58] | I was reassuring. | 我是在消除疑虑 |
[13:59] | Your voice gets breathy when you’re reassuring. | 你消除疑虑的时候呼吸声会加重 |
[14:02] | And doing a very good job | 消除疑虑的工作也 |
[14:04] | – reassuring. – Mr. Jackson asked for a moment | -干得不错 -杰克逊先生想占用 |
[14:06] | of your time. Here he is. | 您的一点时间 他到了 |
[14:07] | I see that. Thank you. | 我知道了 谢谢 |
[14:10] | Seriously, nice deflection in there. | 说真的 你很好地转移了他们的注意力 |
[14:12] | – You’re getting the hang of this. – Are you telling me I’m | -越来越得心应手了 -你是说我 |
[14:14] | – shrinking into the role? – Except I hear you found | -开始适应这个角色了吗 -不过我听说 |
[14:16] | a way to offend the Canadians. How’d you manage that? | 你冒犯了加拿大人 怎么办到的 |
[14:19] | The situation with Canada is being managed. | 我们正在处理与加拿大之间的状况 |
[14:21] | Is it? I don’t know if you’ve noticed, | 是吗 不知道你有没有注意到 |
[14:23] | but you’re getting all sorts of attention. | 现在各界都在关注你 |
[14:25] | They’re right outside your building. | 就在你的大楼外 |
[14:33] | Longer you hold off on this environmental permit report, | 你越推迟环境许可报告的公布 |
[14:35] | the more of a story it becomes. | 事情就会闹得越大 |
[14:37] | Yeah, Canadians made the same threat. | 加拿大也是这么威胁的 |
[14:39] | – Point. Of course I meant point. – Well, the Canadians are right. | -声明 我是说声明 -加拿大说得对 |
[14:43] | Release it. | 公布吧 |
[14:44] | Give the President the excuse he needs to approve it | 给总统合适的理由 让他批准了吧 |
[14:47] | and get this whole Canadian pipeline off his plate. | 让他不用再操心加拿大输油管这档事了 |
[14:49] | I’ve been a little busy trying to avoid war with Iran. | 我正忙着防止和伊朗开战呢 |
[14:53] | The pipeline report is a thousand-page document. | 输油管报告文件有上千页 |
[14:55] | You need to read it? | 你得读完吗 |
[14:59] | ‘Course you do. | 当然了 |
[15:00] | So read it, | 那就读完 |
[15:02] | then sign off. | 然后把字签了吧 |
[15:03] | You got a day. | 你有一天时间 |
[15:06] | That’s less time than we gave the Iranians. | 这比我们给伊朗的时间都少 |
[15:08] | Sometimes you got to walk and chew gum. | 有时候你就得一心两用 |
[15:12] | 和平宫 奥地利 维也纳 | |
[15:17] | Futile and aggressive attempt… | 这只不过是一个正在衰落的 |
[15:25] | by a so-called superpower | 所谓超级大国 徒劳地 |
[15:26] | in its decline to impose its will on a sovereign people. | 想将自己的意愿强加在其他主权国家头上 |
[15:29] | Just tell him I want a simple yes or no. | 告诉他我只想得到是或否的简单回应 |
[15:35] | No. | 不 |
[15:50] | Madam Secretary, Mr. Jackson is asking to see you. | 国务卿女士 杰克逊先生想见您 |
[15:53] | Already? He wants an update on the pipeline report? | 这么快他就想知道输油管报告的进展吗 |
[15:56] | I-You can tell him this: I’m on page 411 and | 你去告诉他我才读到411页 |
[15:59] | I have real problems with it. Have you read this? | 我觉得问题很大 你读过这个了吗 |
[16:02] | Uh, no one has, Ma’am. | 没人读过 国务卿 |
[16:04] | Except the people who wrote it. | 写的人除外 |
[16:06] | Well, who did write it? | 好吧 谁写的 |
[16:08] | I will find that out for you. | 我帮您查一查 |
[16:10] | Um, Mr. Jackson is calling about something else. | 杰克逊先生找你有别的事 |
[16:13] | The talks in Vienna have adjourned | 维也纳那边休会了 |
[16:15] | and you’re wanted right away at the White House. | 白宫那边想马上见你 |
[16:20] | I don’t understand. | 我不懂了 |
[16:21] | Bollings didn’t make the airplane offer? | 博林没提出飞机销售的提议吗 |
[16:22] | He said he tried but it was too late. | 他说他试过了 但是太晚了 |
[16:24] | They were so outraged by the notion | 提到让外籍检查员踏上他们的国土 |
[16:26] | of foreign inspectors on the ground, he nev… | 他们就很生气 他还没… |
[16:27] | He wasn’t supposed to lead with that. It’s the carrot | 他不该先提那事的 应该是胡萝卜过后 |
[16:29] | – before the stick. – I’m just relaying what he said. | -再加大棒 -我只是在转述他的话 |
[16:31] | Mr. President, I’m having real questions | 总统先生 我对艾伦的 |
[16:33] | about how Allen is doing his job. | 工作方式有很多疑问 |
[16:35] | Then ask him the questions | 那就问他问题 |
[16:36] | and get those questions answered. | 搞定这些问题 |
[16:38] | These are your peace talks now. | 和谈现在是你的责任 |
[16:40] | If it all gets kicked back to me, what are you here for? | 要是把这事都推给我 那你在这还有什么用 |
[16:41] | This is what State does. | 国务院不就管这些事吗 |
[16:43] | I want to know why I don’t give the order now. Today. | 我想知道为什么今天我还不能下达命令 |
[16:46] | Blow Hekmat off the face of the earth. | 把赫克玛特从地球上轰飞 |
[16:47] | Put an end to the Iranians’ equivocation. | 让那些伊朗人别再说些模棱两可的话 |
[16:49] | Sir, you do that — you even threaten to do that– | 总统 您要是这么做 甚至只是威胁 |
[16:52] | that’s the end of the talks. | 都会给和谈画上句号 |
[16:53] | I mean, sure, you might set back their weapons development | 您可能可以限制他们的武器发展 |
[16:56] | six months — maybe a year at most — | 六个月 甚至最多一年 |
[16:59] | but you’ll have convinced them to go full bore. | 但是您这样会促使他们全力反抗 |
[17:01] | They’ll take their reactors, stockpiles | 他们会把他们的反应堆 库存 |
[17:02] | everything underground where we can’t detect it, we can’t get at it. | 所有东西都藏到我们侦查不到的地方 |
[17:06] | When we bomb them with bigger bombs, | 我们只能用更大的导弹 |
[17:07] | again and again and again. | 一遍一遍轰炸他们 |
[17:10] | And the joke of it, sir… | 更讽刺的是 总统 |
[17:13] | is that this is exactly what the militants want. | 这就是鹰派希望看到的场面 |
[17:15] | This is not what I need from you. | 你跟我说这些有什么用 |
[17:18] | What do you need, sir? | 您需要什么 总统 |
[17:19] | For you to fix this. | 我要你去把这事搞定 |
[17:21] | Have I been unclear about that? | 我说得还不够清楚吗 |
[17:25] | Sir, in fairness, she, uh, | 总统 平心而论 她 |
[17:27] | she inherited a lot of this, | 她接管了前任国务卿的大部分事务 |
[17:28] | including Allen Bollings. | 包括艾伦·博林 |
[17:30] | – This was Marsh’s agenda. – Vincent Marsh is dead. | -本来是马什的议程 -文森特·马什死了 |
[17:34] | When are you gonna do your job? | 你什么时候能干好你的工作 |
[17:56] | Sometimes I think it’s better when two people can just | 有时候我觉得两人能单独谈谈 |
[18:00] | – talk, one-on-one. – I think I understand you, | -会更好 -我明白您的意思 |
[18:02] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[18:04] | Let’s hope so. | 希望如此 |
[18:05] | I’ve just sent you a photograph. | 我给你发了一张照片 |
[18:08] | Zahed Javani. | 扎何德·贾瓦尼 |
[18:09] | He’s their former UN ambassador. | 他们的前联合国大使 |
[18:11] | Yeah. He’s just joined the talks. | 是的 他刚加入了谈判 |
[18:13] | Oh, so I’ve heard. | 我听说了 |
[18:15] | Their story is he’s just there as an observer. | 他们说他只是作为观察员参与其中 |
[18:18] | There’s another story that he used his time | 也有人说他利用了 |
[18:20] | at the UN well, taking advantage of the fact that it’s the one place | 曾任职联合国的优势 因为只有那样 |
[18:24] | he can legally speak to Americans on American soil. | 他才能合法地站在美国土地上和美国人对话 |
[18:28] | He’s rumored after this to be on his way to Tehran | 有谣言说在此之后他就会启程去德黑兰 |
[18:30] | to be the new foreign minister. | 履任新外交部长 |
[18:32] | So I’ve heard. | 这我也听说了 |
[18:33] | It’s not my first time dealing with these people. | 我不是第一次和这些人打交道了 |
[18:38] | I think you can talk to him. | 我觉得你应该和他谈谈 |
[18:40] | What do you mean? One-on-one? | 你想怎么谈 一对一吗 |
[18:41] | A take-aside, where the others can’t hear. | 在别人听不到的地方和他私下谈谈 |
[18:44] | And then, if you repeat our offer — | 然后 如果你向他重申我们的条件 |
[18:46] | airplane parts and inspectors for a chance to be a part again | 以飞机和检查员换取重回文明世界的机会 |
[18:49] | of the civilized world — he might actually | 他也许会愿意 |
[18:52] | be ready to listen and do something. | 听取我们的意见并采取行动 |
[18:55] | And what makes you think it will work? | 你为什么觉得这招就有用 |
[18:56] | Well, based on my read of him. | 基于我对他的了解 |
[18:59] | Pretty good at reading people. You can ask around. | 我很善于看人 你可以四处打听一下 |
[19:02] | Well, it’s worth a try. | 好吧 值得一试 |
[19:06] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[19:11] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[19:12] | You wanted to meet with the people | 你想和写那份输油管报告的人 |
[19:13] | who wrote the pipeline report? | 见一面吗 |
[19:15] | Oh. Yeah. | 当然了 |
[19:17] | I think we’ll get into that afterwards. | 这个我们过后再谈 |
[19:19] | I want to make it very clear. | 我要明确表态 |
[19:22] | Hey, what the hell happened? | 这是怎么了 |
[19:23] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[19:24] | A little encounter with a protester. | 就是遇见了一位抗议者 |
[19:26] | Matt had to engage in a debate. | 马特不得已卷入了一场辩论 |
[19:27] | Look, he-he-he started by claiming that the pipeline | 他一开始就说输油管会增加 |
[19:30] | would add CO2 to the atmosphere, | 大气中的二氧化碳含量 |
[19:32] | so I had to tell him that it’s | 所以我不得不告诉他 如果没有输油管 |
[19:33] | nothing compared to the trucks and tanker cars we’d need | 这同我们需要的卡车和邮轮的碳排放比起来 |
[19:35] | if we didn’t have the pipeline. | 根本就不算什么 |
[19:37] | And anyway, oil from Canada | 不管怎么说 加拿大的石油 |
[19:38] | could potentially supply America’s energy | 有可能为美国提供接下来三十年的 |
[19:40] | – for the next 30 years. – And then he sludged you? | -能源供给 -然后他就糊了你一身泥 |
[19:42] | No, no. He had a few more comments to add. | 不不 马特还没说完呢 |
[19:45] | Yeah. Yeah, I pointed out to him that his T-shirt was misspelled. | 是的 我告诉他 他上衣上的单词拼错了 |
[19:48] | You know? Greenhouse gases? Doesn’t have a double s? | 温室气体这个单词是不可数的 |
[19:50] | It’s one s? | 只有一个”S” |
[19:52] | I might have sludged you for that. | 是我的话也会糊你一身泥 |
[19:54] | Get cleaned up. | 去弄干净 |
[19:56] | She’s right. | 她说得对 |
[19:58] | Correcting people’s grammar and spelling is so annoying. | 纠正别人的语法和拼写错误很惹人厌 |
[20:01] | – Do you do it to Carly? – You know what? | -你对卡莉也会这样吗 -你知道吗 |
[20:02] | I don’t do anything to Carly anymore. | 我再也不会对卡莉怎么样了 |
[20:04] | We broke up. | 我们分手了 |
[20:06] | Since when? | 什么时候的事 |
[20:09] | Yesterday. | 昨天 |
[20:13] | Not because of me. | 不是因为我吧 |
[20:14] | Of course not. | 当然不是了 |
[20:17] | – We had issues. – What kind of issues? | -我们之间存在问题 -什么问题 |
[20:19] | – I corrected her spelling. – Tell me you did not | -我纠正了她的拼写错误 -告诉我 |
[20:21] | break up with her because you want to keep having… | 你和她分手不是因为想要继续 |
[20:22] | What? Aberrations? | 什么 犯错误吗 |
[20:24] | With me. | 和我一起 |
[20:27] | How you guys doing? | 你们还好吗 |
[20:29] | That is… | 这 |
[20:31] | not why I broke up with her. | 不是我和她分手的原因 |
[20:34] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信你 |
[20:36] | Oh, that’s… that’s nice. | 不错 |
[20:38] | That’s really… really nice. | 真是太不错了 |
[20:41] | No meta-analysis. | 没有荟萃分析 |
[20:43] | Tables and statistics that are out-of-date | 表格和数据要么是过时的 |
[20:45] | or-or just plain irrelevant. | 要不就和原文毫不相关 |
[20:47] | Right here — there’s an entire section | 就这里 这里一整篇 |
[20:50] | in here that seems lifted from somewhere else, | 都像是从哪个谈沼泽地 |
[20:52] | talking about the effects of fracking in the Everglades. | 水力压裂的文章里 直接摘过来的 |
[20:56] | In Florida. | 而且是佛罗里达州的谈沼泽地 |
[20:58] | Who did this research? | 这研究是谁做的 |
[21:00] | Secretary Marsh contracted out to an independent firm. | 国务卿马什将这个承包给一个独立公司写的 |
[21:02] | And then what? | 接着呢 |
[21:04] | Bruce and I both took a pass at it. | 布鲁斯和我让它通过了 |
[21:06] | And neither one of you raised an eyebrow at the content? | 你们俩竟然没一个人看了它的内容吗 |
[21:09] | We were tasked with languaging, Madam Secretary. | 我们那时负责的是措辞 国务卿女士 |
[21:12] | That’s nice verbing, Bruce. | 好理由 布鲁斯 |
[21:14] | I was looking for a yes or no. | 我想听到的是 是或不是 |
[21:16] | Come on, you guys. | 你们别这样 |
[21:17] | This reads like it was written by an oil lobbyist. | 这读起来简直像是石油说客写的 |
[21:20] | What was the name of the independent firm? | 那个独立公司的名字是什么来着 |
[21:23] | The Cathcart Group. | 卡斯卡特集团 |
[21:26] | It was written by an oil lobbyist. | 还真是石油说客写的 |
[21:29] | The biggest one on K Street, in fact. | 还是白宫前街最大的石油说客 |
[21:31] | I think that’s enough for now. | 我觉得就到此为止吧 |
[21:32] | Thank you both for coming in. | 谢谢你们俩能来 |
[21:41] | I know what you’re thinking. | 我知道你在想什么 |
[21:42] | That Secretary Marsh commissioned | 你是说国务卿马什 |
[21:44] | an oil lobby to create fake reports | 让石油说客伪造报告 |
[21:46] | so we could rush the pipeline through? | 以让输油管项目快速通过吗 |
[21:48] | It looks bad — I know. | 看起来确实很糟糕 我知道 |
[21:50] | He made no secret of being a friend | 他从未掩饰过他是那些 |
[21:51] | – to the oil companies. – Nadine, it is bad. | -石油公司的朋友 -纳丁 这糟透了 |
[21:54] | They were some of his biggest contributors to his campaign. | 他们是他竞选的最大资助者 |
[21:56] | But he wasn’t in anyone’s pocket. | 但他从没有为任何一方谋利 |
[21:59] | You have to believe that. | 你必须得相信 |
[22:01] | He was for energy independence, as is the President. | 如总统一样 他支持能源独立 |
[22:05] | This report | 这份报告所说的 |
[22:06] | says exactly what the White House wants it to say. | 正是白宫所想 |
[22:10] | Jackson told you as much. | 杰克逊告诉过你的 |
[22:11] | I know. | 我知道 |
[22:15] | But I can’t put my name on a falsified document. | 但我不能在一份伪造的文件上签名 |
[22:21] | Mr. Jackson also gave you a day. | 杰克逊先生只给了你一天的期限 |
[22:25] | Starting over on this report would take six months. | 重写这份报告要花半年 |
[22:29] | Are you really ready to tell that to the President? | 你真准备这么跟总统说吗 |
[22:33] | I just got a call from Vienna. The Iranians walked out. | 刚接到维也纳的电话 伊朗人离会了 |
[22:36] | They’ve adjourned? | 他们延期了吗 |
[22:36] | No, walked out, as in they’ve ended the talks. | 不 他们走了 终止了和谈 |
[22:39] | Packing up and leaving. Allen Bollings is getting on a plane. | 打包走人 艾伦·伯林斯正在登机 |
[22:41] | There’s going to be a full briefing at the White House | 他一落地就会在白宫 |
[22:42] | as soon as he touches down. | 召开完整的汇报会 |
[22:46] | All right, think about this. | 好吧 你想想看 |
[22:47] | You admire people who protest, correct? | 你佩服抗议的人 对吗 |
[22:50] | The right to dissent. | 发挥发表异议的权利 |
[22:50] | Well, in my work, I get to teach and learn about | 我的工作 就是教授并研究那些 |
[22:53] | the greatest, most articulate protesters | 人类历史上最伟大 |
[22:55] | in the history of mankind. | 最有力的抗议者们 |
[22:57] | Martin Luther, for example. | 比如说 马丁·路德 |
[22:59] | The leader of the Protestant Reformation. | 宗教改革的领袖 |
[23:00] | The original protestors. | 最初的抗议者 |
[23:02] | Yes, I’ve heard you say that. | 没错 我听你说过 |
[23:03] | Okay, well, there’s others. | 好吧 还有别的人 |
[23:04] | There’s Ignatius of Loyola, | 有依纳爵·罗耀拉 |
[23:05] | Joan of Arc, Blaise Pascal. | 圣女贞德 布莱兹·帕斯卡 |
[23:07] | These people were not exactly rule followers. | 这些都不是循规蹈矩的人 |
[23:11] | Mm-hmm, right. | 是啊 |
[23:14] | Oh, wow. Okay. | 好了 |
[23:16] | Listen, buddy, you should just write about mom. | 听着 小子 你还是写你妈妈吧 |
[23:18] | I totally get it, I understand. | 我理解的 我理解 |
[23:19] | It’s not gonna hurt my feelings. | 我不会不高兴的 |
[23:20] | No, no. It’s too late. It’s due tomorrow. | 不 太晚了 明天就要交 |
[23:23] | – Oh. Really? – No. | -你还当真啊 -不 |
[23:25] | – No, I didn’t mean it like that. – I’m kidding you. All right, listen. | -我不是那意思 -我开玩笑的 听着 |
[23:27] | I think they forgot about us. You want a refill? | 我觉得服务员忘了我们了 要续杯吗 |
[23:29] | Sure. | 好的 |
[23:37] | Yeah, I know you. You’re the husband. | 我认得你 你就是那丈夫 |
[23:40] | I seen you in a magazine. The Arm Candy list. | 我在杂志上见过你 甜心伴侣榜上 |
[23:43] | You’re married to the Lady Secretary of State, right? | 你娶了国务卿女士 对吗 |
[23:45] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[23:48] | Hey, he’s Mr. Secretary of State. | 他是国务卿先生 |
[23:51] | That’s nice, thanks. | 谢谢夸奖 |
[23:52] | Your wife and this president — | 你老婆和总统 |
[23:55] | they want to make peace with the Iranians. | 他们想跟伊朗人求和 |
[23:58] | Why don’t we just pack up our balls and send them over? | 我们干脆把胆子拎出来献给他们算了 |
[24:02] | I’m here with my kid, okay? | 我孩子在这呢 明白吗 |
[24:05] | You know how many of my friends died | 你知道我有多少兄弟 |
[24:07] | trying to get out from under these bastards? | 为了摆脱那帮混蛋送了命吗 |
[24:09] | And now your wife wants to make peace? | 现在你老婆居然想求和 |
[24:12] | I’ll tell you what I think about that. | 告诉你我是怎么想的 |
[24:14] | She’s a piece. | 她就是个宝 |
[24:15] | She’s a real piece of work. | 卖国求和的活宝 |
[24:19] | Get off me, man! | 放开我 |
[24:21] | You’re drunk, and you’re in uniform. | 你喝醉了 还穿着军装 |
[24:22] | You know what that means? | 知道有什么后果吗 |
[24:23] | Big Chicken Dinner — Bad Conduct Discharge. | 品行不良 撤销军职 |
[24:26] | – You MP? – No. | -你是军警吗 -不 |
[24:27] | Fortunately for you, Captain, USMC. Retired. | 算你走运 我是退伍的海军陆战队上校 |
[24:30] | Just don’t disgrace yourself in public, okay, Lieutenant? | 别在公众场合出洋相了 上尉 |
[24:34] | You need a cup of coffee, | 喝杯咖啡醒醒酒吧 |
[24:34] | I’ll buy you one, I’ll put you in a cab. | 算我请你 再送你上出租 |
[24:36] | He’s with us, sir. I’ll take care of him. | 他和我们一起的 长官 我会照顾他的 |
[24:38] | – Get him out of here. – Thank you, Captain. | -带他走吧 -谢谢您 上校 |
[24:47] | I’m sorry you had to see that. | 抱歉让你看到这一幕 |
[24:58] | At that point, I made it very clear to Javani. | 当时 我跟贾瓦尼说得很明确 |
[25:01] | Turn off the reactor, let in the inspectors. | 关闭反应堆 允许调查员进驻 |
[25:04] | – And? – And if he could agreed to it, | -然后呢 -如果他同意 |
[25:07] | if he could get the Supreme Leader to agree to it, | 如果他能让最高领袖同意 |
[25:09] | then we’d let U.S. aerospace firms | 那我们就让美国的航空公司 |
[25:11] | resume selling them planes and equipment. | 再次向他们销售飞机及设备 |
[25:13] | Well, what was Javani’s exact response? | 贾瓦尼具体什么反应 |
[25:15] | Well, Sir, his response was no response. | 总统先生 他那就是没反应 |
[25:18] | What they always say when they can’t say yes. | 他们不说同意时的一贯台词 |
[25:21] | That he would take it under consideration. | 说他会考虑的 |
[25:24] | The next thing I hear, the talks are off, | 接下来就听到消息 谈判终止 |
[25:26] | and the entire delegation has left the building. | 整个代表团都离开大楼了 |
[25:29] | I’m sorry, Sir, | 对不起 总统 |
[25:32] | I guess it just proves what we suspected all along. | 我想这正好证实了我们一直以来的顾虑 |
[25:35] | They were never serious. | 他们就没当真过 |
[25:40] | I want a complete COA. | 我要详尽的分析报告 |
[25:42] | Not just how we take out that reactor, | 不仅是怎么除掉反应堆 |
[25:44] | but every centrifuge and stockpile, | 还要除掉所有离心机和库存 |
[25:47] | every lab and enrichment device. | 所有实验室和浓缩装置 |
[25:50] | I want you to tell me | 我要你们告诉我 |
[25:51] | we can take out any hope of their getting a bomb, | 我们能让他们不再有制造核武器的一丝希望 |
[25:54] | not for months or years, but for an entire generation. | 不止是几年几个月 而是这代人都不再有 |
[25:57] | Give me a briefing by 1200 hours. | 凌晨之前向我汇报 |
[25:59] | Yes, Sir. | 是 总统先生 |
[26:00] | No more deadlines? | 不再给他们下期限了吗 |
[26:02] | No ultimatums? | 不下最后通牒吗 |
[26:04] | They say they’re done with talking, then so are we. | 他们说不谈了 那我们也是 |
[26:06] | Let’s give action a chance. | 直接行动吧 |
[26:08] | Bess? | 贝丝 |
[26:14] | This morning, I woke up thinking, I get to be it. | 今天早上我醒来 心想 就是我了 |
[26:19] | The one who lands it. | 实现的那个人 |
[26:21] | Peace in the Middle East. | 实现中东地区和平 |
[26:24] | And tonight, I’m the guy who’s going to | 可今晚 我又是要下令 |
[26:27] | order air strikes against Iran. | 对伊朗实施空袭的人 |
[26:33] | That’s why I want to talk to you about that pipeline report. | 所以我想跟你谈谈输油管报告 |
[26:37] | Sir… isn’t that a fairly low priority right now? | 总统 这好像不是当务之急吧 |
[26:41] | It all connects. | 都是有联系的 |
[26:43] | I want energy independence for this country. | 我想让我们做到能源独立 |
[26:46] | I want us free of the influence of people who want to kill us. | 想让我们不受死敌的影响 |
[26:48] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[26:49] | Ten presidents before me — ten– | 我之前的十任总统 十任 |
[26:52] | have all got bogged down over there. | 无不深陷这泥沼之中 |
[26:53] | Iran, Iraq, the Middle East. | 伊朗 伊拉克 中东 |
[26:56] | But if I can get that freedom | 但如果我可以至少为 |
[26:58] | for at least the next generation, | 下一代人赢得这份自由 |
[27:01] | it’s a legacy I can live with. | 这样的结果我可以接受 |
[27:03] | That report is a fake. | 报告是伪造的 |
[27:05] | It’s a little one-sided. | 的确有点偏向 |
[27:06] | Sir, it’s false. | 总统 报告是假的 |
[27:09] | Let me ask you something. | 我斗胆问一句 |
[27:11] | Of those ten that came before you, | 您之前的十任总统 |
[27:12] | how many got us into trouble | 有几位不是不说实话 |
[27:14] | giving us something other than the facts, | 给我们国家带来了麻烦 |
[27:16] | including leading us into war? | 把我们卷入战争 |
[27:19] | What do you want? | 你想怎么样 |
[27:20] | Six months. That’s how long it’ll take | 给我半年 我会用这段时间 |
[27:22] | to get you a new one, a real one, | 做出一份新的报告 真实的报告 |
[27:23] | and then you can decide. | 然后你再做决定 |
[27:26] | And don’t worry about Canada. | 不用担心加拿大那边 |
[27:27] | I think I have a way to get them to live with it. | 我想我有办法让他们接受 |
[27:30] | It’s a big ask. | 这个要求有点高 |
[27:32] | Nothing compared to my next one. | 下一个要求更高 |
[27:34] | I need you to give me a day | 我希望你能在派轰炸机 |
[27:36] | before you send those bombers into Iran. | 去伊朗前给我一天的时间 |
[27:39] | A day? For what? | 一天 干什么 |
[27:43] | For me to do my job. | 去做好我的工作 |
[27:50] | She asked me to get her the Canadian ambassador. | 她让我为她联系加拿大大使 |
[27:52] | – No one else? – No. | -没别人了 -没有 |
[27:53] | Well, that doesn’t sound like war with Iran. | 这可不像是要跟伊朗开战 |
[27:55] | Unless she’s canceling the party because of war with Iran. | 除非是因为要跟伊朗开战而取消舞会 |
[27:57] | She told me to wake him up if I have to. | 她跟我说如果他在睡觉也得把他叫醒 |
[27:58] | That’s not about canceling the party. | 所以不是什么取消舞会 |
[28:00] | I have Secretary McCord for the ambassador. Yes. | 国务卿麦考德找大使 是的 |
[28:03] | Hey, can you come here? | 你能过来一下吗 |
[28:11] | Look, there may not even be a tomorrow, | 我怕以后没有机会了 |
[28:13] | but, uh, for what it’s worth… | 但是 我想跟你说 |
[28:15] | Yes? | 什么 |
[28:19] | I did not break up with Carly because of you. | 我跟卡莉分手不是因为你 |
[28:22] | We were coming up on our one-year anniversary, | 快要到我们一周年的日子了 |
[28:24] | and… I didn’t want to give her the wrong idea. | 但我不想误导她 |
[28:31] | What idea was that? | 什么意思 |
[28:33] | That she was the one. | 让她以为她是我的真爱 |
[28:36] | I mean, she was almost the one, but not quite. | 她基本上是了 但还不全是 |
[28:41] | And I’m not saying that anybody else I know is the one. | 我也不是说我知道谁是 |
[28:44] | I’m just saying, | 我只是说 |
[28:46] | she wasn’t. | 她不是 |
[28:48] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[28:50] | Okay. | 好的 |
[28:52] | Do you think Win is the one? | 你觉得温是你的真爱吗 |
[28:55] | Yes. | 是的 |
[28:56] | Oh. Cool. Good for… | 好 真… |
[28:59] | for you. | 真好 |
[29:23] | Oh, very nice. | 很漂亮 |
[29:26] | She wears brink-of-disaster very well. | 就要大祸临头了 她也能如此镇定 |
[29:28] | I am having unclean thoughts about my boss’s husband. | 我现在对我领导的丈夫有些不纯洁的想法 |
[29:30] | Okay, you’re talking out loud. | 好吧 你太大声了 |
[29:32] | – Where’s Winthron? – Win. | -温索普呢 -是温 |
[29:34] | – Thank you. – And he had to work. | -谢谢纠正 -他有工作要忙 |
[29:36] | What does he do again? | 他是做什么的来着 |
[29:37] | He’s a lobbyist for an alternative health care pharmaceutical company. | 他在为一家另类医疗药品制作公司做说客 |
[29:39] | – The medical marijuana thing. – That is just one aspect. | -做医用大麻的 -那只是产品之一 |
[29:42] | God. Everybody goes there. | 天哪 所有人都这么说 |
[29:45] | Where’s your date? | 你的舞伴呢 |
[29:46] | New relationship. | 新恋情 |
[29:48] | I thought this shindig was a little, you know, | 我觉得这舞会有点太庄重了 |
[29:51] | big to bring in a start-up. | 新恋情不想一下就这么认真 |
[29:53] | Also in government work? | 也在政府部门工作吗 |
[29:54] | SEC lawyer. | 证券交易委员会的律师 |
[29:55] | SEC lawyer by the name of… | 这位证券交易委员会律师的名字是… |
[29:58] | Chris. | 克丽斯[中性名字] |
[30:04] | French Canadian. | 法裔加拿大人 |
[30:04] | I’m only getting every third word, but who cares? | 我只听得懂她三分之一的话 不过谁在意呢 |
[30:09] | I’m guessing that isn’t Carly. | 我想那人不是卡莉 |
[30:19] | The craftsmen take it from a block of ice. | 工匠把它从一大块冰中取来 |
[30:22] | Especially in Winnipeg, they have large… | 特别是在温尼伯 那里有很大的… |
[30:26] | Hi. We were just talking about ice. | 你们好 我们正在讨论冰 |
[30:28] | Ice is a wonderful substance. | 冰是很奇妙的物质 |
[30:31] | You might say we Canadians know a lot about it. | 我们加拿大人很了解冰 |
[30:34] | And we also know the wonderful things that happen when it melts. | 我们也知道冰融化时会发生的奇妙事情 |
[30:38] | Your Northwest Passage. | 你们的西北通道 |
[30:40] | Our Northwest Passage. Thank you, again. | 我们的西北通道 再次感谢您 |
[30:42] | The trade route? | 那条贸易路线吗 |
[30:43] | Atlantic to Pacific. | 从大西洋到太平洋 |
[30:45] | The water route to China that so many died looking for. | 许多人冒死也要寻找的通往中国的水路 |
[30:48] | For a long time, it didn’t exist. | 有很长一段时间 那条路并不存在 |
[30:49] | Now it exists all the time, right? | 现在它一直在那了 对吧 |
[30:51] | Because of global warming | 因为全球变暖 |
[30:52] | and the melting of the Canadian ice pack. | 加拿大的浮冰都融化了 |
[30:53] | Which both countries agree is a bad thing. | 我们两国都认为这不是好事 |
[30:55] | And which, with patience, | 我们双方都有耐心 |
[30:57] | we will both do our best to keep from getting worse. | 并将尽最大的努力避免进一步恶化 |
[31:00] | In return, Madam Secretary, | 作为回报 国务卿女士 |
[31:02] | unlike her predecessor, | 不像她的前任 |
[31:04] | has agreed to recognize Canadian claims to the northern waters. | 已经同意承认加拿大在北部水域的主权 |
[31:08] | Again, merci, Madame la Secretaire. | 再次表示感谢 国务卿女士 |
[31:11] | Thus ending disputes over the shipping rights | 这结束了持续了好几百年的 |
[31:14] | that have lasted for centuries. | 关于航运权的争议 |
[31:15] | Since the War of 1812, | 如果我没记错的话 |
[31:16] | if I’m not mistaken. | 争议自1812年战争就开始了 |
[31:17] | Which many think was a U.S. victory, | 很多人认为是美国赢了 |
[31:19] | but historians agree was more like a… a draw. | 但历史学家认为是一场平局 |
[31:23] | Hand to God, I did not prep him. | 我向上帝发誓 我先前没有跟他说这事 |
[31:26] | I didn’t. | 真的没有 |
[31:32] | Shall we? | 我们走吧 |
[31:38] | I’m supposed to ask you to dance. | 计划的是让我请你跳一支舞 |
[31:39] | Yes. Create a distraction. | 是的 来分散大家的注意 |
[31:43] | What makes you think I wasn’t going to ask you anyway? | 你怎么觉得我不会请你跳呢 |
[31:46] | You’re very kind, Dr. McCord. | 你人真好 麦考德博士 |
[32:01] | Down here to the right. | 走到底右转 |
[32:02] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[32:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:10] | So, where’s your Canadienne Francaise? | 你那位法裔加拿大女伴呢 |
[32:14] | We exchanged data. | 我们交换了信息 |
[32:16] | We both had to work. | 都有工作要做 |
[32:17] | Decided to keep it professional. | 决定还是保持工作关系 |
[32:18] | Smart. | 明智 |
[32:22] | It looks odd. | 我们不跳舞 |
[32:23] | Us not dancing. | 看上去很奇怪 |
[32:25] | We probably should. | 也许我们应该跳的 |
[32:28] | Yeah, to be professional. | 更专业一点 |
[32:29] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[32:48] | Ambassador Javani. | 贾瓦尼大使 |
[32:51] | I’ve been looking forward to meeting you, Madam Secretary. | 我一直很期待与您见面 国务卿女士 |
[33:02] | It’s very generous of your host to offer us | 宴会主人能在加拿大领土上给我们 |
[33:04] | this piece of Canadian soil on which to meet. | 提供这个见面地点真是很慷慨 |
[33:07] | Since I am not allowed to step foot on yours | 因为我不能进入除了位于曼哈顿的 |
[33:09] | outside of the, uh, | 联合国总部 |
[33:10] | UN grounds in Manhattan. | 之外的美国领土 |
[33:12] | Well, I’m hoping that our diplomatic status will change soon. | 我希望我们的外交状况能够尽快改善 |
[33:15] | It will. | 会改变的 |
[33:16] | If you take military action. | 如果你们采取军事行动的话 |
[33:19] | We don’t want war, Mr. Javani. | 我们并不希望发动战争 贾瓦尼先生 |
[33:23] | Then why send us your Mr. Bollings, huh? | 那么为什么派博林先生来 |
[33:25] | He is a bully and a saber-rattler. | 他完全是来威胁动武的 |
[33:30] | What did he say to you? | 他是怎么跟你说的 |
[33:31] | You need to ask? | 真的还需要问吗 |
[33:34] | He said that he brought a message from, uh, you | 他说他带来了您和总统的 |
[33:37] | and the President, | 口信 |
[33:39] | saying that the next step would be bombings | 说下一步就将轰炸我们 |
[33:41] | unless the reactor was shut down | 除非我们在二十四小时内 |
[33:43] | and inspectors allowed in within the next 24 hours. | 关掉反应堆 并允许调查员进入 |
[33:46] | Nothing else? | 没别的了吗 |
[33:47] | No. Nothing else. | 没有了 |
[33:52] | Was there supposed to be? | 本应有别的吗 |
[33:56] | Secretary McCord, | 国务卿麦考德 |
[33:58] | is it possible that, um, | 有没有可能 |
[34:00] | you and your chief negotiator are not in perfect agreement? | 你和你的首席谈判者意见不太一致 |
[34:05] | I was hoping as much | 我接受您的邀请 |
[34:07] | when I accepted your invitation here. | 来这里时其实是这么希望的 |
[34:09] | Via Ambassador Clark. | 其实是克拉克大使的邀请 |
[34:10] | Ambassador, I’m sorry, but you’re gonna have to give me | 大使先生 很抱歉 但你得给我一个 |
[34:12] | a reason to believe everything you just told me. | 相信你所言非虚的理由 |
[34:15] | And why would I be lying? | 我为什么要说谎呢 |
[34:17] | When I have taken such a risk in coming here. | 我冒了如此大的风险来到这里 |
[34:19] | If certain factions found out, I-I… | 如果被某些派系的人发现 |
[34:22] | I would be destroyed. | 我就完了 |
[34:28] | I have, um… | 我有 |
[34:31] | I have two boys, | 我有两个儿子 |
[34:33] | nine and 11. | 九岁和十一岁 |
[34:37] | I do not want them to inherit a war | 我不希望他们继承上一代人的战争 |
[34:39] | any more than you want that for your children. | 不亚于你对你孩子能免于战争的希望 |
[34:48] | I have a copy of a letter from me | 我有一份我给 |
[34:50] | to the Office of Foreign Assets Control. | 外国资产管控部的信件复印件 |
[34:53] | It authorizes lifting the ban on trade in | 它授权取消了 |
[34:57] | civilian airplanes and equipment | 美伊之间民用飞机 |
[35:01] | by American firms with the Republic of Iran. | 和设备的贸易禁令 |
[35:06] | Take it to your Supreme Leader. | 请把这个拿给你的最高领袖 |
[35:13] | You haven’t signed it. | 您还没有签字 |
[35:14] | I’ll put my name there | 等你们的反应堆关闭了 |
[35:17] | when that reactor goes offline | 并且有调查员向我保证 |
[35:19] | and an inspector tells me it’s offline. | 它确实关闭了 我就会签字 |
[35:22] | And if you and President Shiraz want help in | 如果你和设拉子总统想要 |
[35:26] | bringing your more militant faction into line, | 劝服你们的主战派 |
[35:29] | you can also say that you personally forced | 你也可以告诉他是你 |
[35:32] | this concession from me and my President. | 强迫我和总统先生做出了这个让步 |
[35:35] | You can tell ’em that you got the Great Satan, | 你可以告诉他们在纽约和我们的一次 |
[35:39] | the United States, to blink | 私下会见中 |
[35:42] | in a private meeting between us | 你降服了撒旦 让美国选择了 |
[35:45] | in New York. | 退让 |
[35:48] | I don’t have to show him. | 我不用给他看 |
[35:51] | I’ll call him. | 我会致电告知他 |
[35:53] | Tonight. | 就今晚 |
[35:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:59] | Tell me, | 我想知道 |
[36:01] | is it true that while you were at the CIA, | 你在中情局时 |
[36:04] | I was referred to as your boyfriend? | 曾说我是你的男朋友是真的吗 |
[36:10] | Uh, it was more of a joke. | 那只是个玩笑 |
[36:13] | Well, not a joke, but… more of a code name. | 不是玩笑 更像是个代号 |
[36:18] | And what was it code for? | 是什么的代号呢 |
[36:20] | I had my eye on you. | 我在关注你 |
[36:23] | I picked you as a sort of metaphorical dance partner. | 我选择你作为我们的”舞伴” |
[36:28] | I thought you were someone who could help lead us to peace. | 我认为你或许是能把我们带向和平的人 |
[36:35] | Well, I hope that I can join you | 希望哪天 我真的有幸 |
[36:36] | in that dance one day, Madam Secretary. | 能和您跳起这支舞 国务卿女士 |
[36:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:55] | There he is. | 他在这儿呀 |
[36:56] | The prettiest one at the ball. | 舞会最俊美的那位 |
[36:58] | Ah, that would still be your mother. | 最美的那位还是你妈妈 |
[37:00] | Hey, buddy. You’re up kind of late. | 哥们儿 这么晚还不睡 |
[37:03] | Alison went to bed early, but he said he wasn’t sleepy. | 艾莉森早就睡了 他说他还不困 |
[37:08] | Maybe he needs to talk to someone who isn’t his sister. | 也许他是想和姐姐之外的人聊聊 |
[37:12] | Okay, where is Mom? | 妈妈呢 |
[37:14] | She still had some stuff to do. | 她还在工作 |
[37:15] | She’ll be a little while. | 还需要一会儿才回来 |
[37:17] | Are we going to war? | 要发生战争了吗 |
[37:20] | Well, your mother’s gonna do everything in her power | 你妈妈会竭尽全力 |
[37:22] | to make sure we don’t. | 避免此事的 |
[37:23] | And you know Mom when she makes up her mind about something. | 你也知道一旦她做了决定就一定会做到 |
[37:27] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[37:29] | You were in a war, right? | 你参加过战争 是吧 |
[37:30] | Yeah. Desert Storm. | 是的 沙漠风暴 |
[37:31] | That was the first time we invaded Iraq. | 我们侵略伊拉克的第一次战争 |
[37:35] | Did you fly fighter jets? | 你开过战斗机吗 |
[37:37] | F/A-18 Hornet. Yeah. | F/A-18大黄蜂 没错 |
[37:45] | Did you kill anyone? | 你杀过人吗 |
[37:52] | Yes, I did. | 杀过 |
[37:56] | How many? | 有多少 |
[38:00] | Well, it’s like this. | 是这样的 |
[38:02] | You’re 20,000 feet up. | 你飞在六千多公里的高空 |
[38:03] | You press a button, look at your screen, | 按下按钮 看着屏幕 |
[38:05] | and you see if you hit your target. | 就能看到是否击中了目标 |
[38:07] | And I always hit my target. | 我从来没脱靶过 |
[38:14] | I’ll tell you this. | 这么跟你说吧 |
[38:15] | By the time you find yourself in a situation like that, | 当你处在那么一种环境里时 |
[38:17] | you’ve made up your mind how you feel about… | 对很多事情你都已经做好了 |
[38:24] | a lot of things. | 心理准备 |
[38:26] | It’s part of the training. | 这也是训练之一 |
[38:28] | You don’t take an action like that lightly. | 每一个决定都是很沉重的 |
[38:35] | Do you still think about it? | 你还会回想起那些事吗 |
[38:41] | I do, yeah. | 会的 |
[38:42] | A lot. | 经常想起 |
[38:50] | Good night, Dad. | 爸爸 晚安 |
[38:52] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[39:16] | I’m taking the stairs. | 该我走楼梯 |
[39:17] | I’m taking the stairs. | 该我走楼梯 |
[39:19] | You were supposed to take the elevator. | 你应该是去坐电梯的 |
[39:20] | I took the stairs because I thought | 我来走楼梯是因为 |
[39:21] | you were taking the elevator, | 我以为你会坐电梯 |
[39:22] | so we wouldn’t get here at the same time. | 这样我们就不会同时到达了 |
[39:24] | Oh, well, now we’re getting here at the same time, | 可我们现在就是要一起到的节奏 |
[39:26] | both taking the stairs. | 我们都在走楼梯 |
[39:27] | And we both have coffee from the same place. | 而且我们从同一个地方买了咖啡 |
[39:29] | We should just make a public announcement. | 不如公开宣告得了 |
[39:31] | Sounds good to me. | 我不反对 |
[39:35] | Also, I got you this coffee. | 这是我帮你买的 |
[39:38] | Good morning. You’re both late. | 早上好 你们都迟到了 |
[39:40] | We’re both early. | 我们这是都来早了 |
[39:41] | Total coincidence. | 完全是巧合 |
[39:42] | She’s already called a meeting. | 她召集了会议 |
[39:45] | The talks with Iran are set to resume, | 与伊朗的谈判即将重新开始 |
[39:46] | and we need to get out the good news. | 我们得公布这个好消息 |
[39:48] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |
[39:49] | The reactor at Hekmat went offline four hours ago, | 赫克玛特的反应堆四小时前被关闭了 |
[39:53] | weapons inspectors are in the air, and I understand | 武器检查员已经在路上了 |
[39:55] | there’s to be an announcement from the Treasury Department. | 据我所知 财政部即将发表公告 |
[39:58] | We’re selling them commercial airplane parts. | 我们要把商业飞机零件卖给他们 |
[40:00] | That’s great. | 真是好消息 |
[40:01] | I’m assuming you didn’t get my e-mails | 我想你们没收到我的邮件 |
[40:04] | because there’s no signal in the stairwell. | 是因为楼梯间收不到信号 |
[40:08] | I have started taking the stairs. | 我准备以后都走楼梯 |
[40:10] | The whole 10,000 steps a day thing — for my heart. | 不是说每天要走一万步吗 对心脏好 |
[40:14] | Health. | 对健康好 |
[40:15] | And she inspired me | 她激发了我 |
[40:16] | to care about my heart. | 让我也开始关心我的心 |
[40:18] | In a health way. | 纯属是为了健康 |
[40:20] | How can I say this with love and respect? | 我该怎么带着爱心和尊重说这个话呢 |
[40:25] | No one cares. | 谁也不在乎 |
[40:36] | So they blinked. | 他们让步了 |
[40:38] | My tactics worked. | 我的策略成功了 |
[40:39] | Well…well, not exactly, Allen, | 也不能这么说 艾伦 |
[40:41] | but the details are irrelevant. | 可是细节也不重要 |
[40:43] | No, I called you in here on something else. | 我是为了其他事情找你来的 |
[40:45] | The President wants your resignation. | 总统希望你辞职 |
[40:53] | I want to hear this from the President himself. | 我想听总统亲自跟我说 |
[40:56] | Oh, trust me — you don’t. | 相信我 你还是别听的好 |
[41:01] | What is the charge? | 原因是什么 |
[41:02] | You looked the leader of the free world in the eye | 你正视着自由世界的领袖 |
[41:04] | and lied about making an offer to Javani. | 撒谎说你向贾瓦尼提出了交易条件 |
[41:07] | Now, who told you that? | 谁告诉你的 |
[41:09] | Javani. | 贾瓦尼 |
[41:12] | You went behind my back. | 你背着我行动了 |
[41:14] | You never really had faith in this process, did you? | 你一直不相信通过这种方式我们能成功 |
[41:18] | You were always hoping for a military solution. | 你一直想用武力解决 |
[41:21] | Yes. | 是的 |
[41:22] | I was. | 我确实这么想的 |
[41:24] | Because I sat across from the Serbians in Kosovo, | 因为在科索沃时我坐在塞尔维亚人对面 |
[41:27] | the Provos and IRA in Northern Ireland. | 在北爱尔兰我坐在普罗沃党和共和军的对面 |
[41:29] | And I know what they understand, and it’s force. | 我了解他们的想法 他们只懂武力 |
[41:32] | You don’t let them know you’re prepared to make concessions | 你不能让他们知道你愿意妥协 |
[41:34] | because they already know you’re weak. | 因为他们早已看出你的软弱 |
[41:36] | And they know it, Madam Secretary. | 他们心里很明白 国务卿女士 |
[41:38] | You and this President — they know what you are. | 你和现任总统 他们看清了你们 |
[41:41] | The Iranians, Javani — | 伊朗政府 贾瓦尼 |
[41:43] | they know if they can just string you along long enough, | 他们知道只要一直哄着你们 |
[41:45] | delude you with enough please-and-thank-yous, | 说几句拜托谢谢的话来迷惑你们 |
[41:47] | that’s all they need to get what they want. | 他们只需如此就能得到他们想要的 |
[41:52] | Then one day, | 总有一天 |
[41:53] | we’ll all wake up to a mushroom cloud over Tel Aviv. | 我们都会在特拉维夫市[以色列]上空看到蘑菇云 |
[41:57] | MyGod, is that what you really believe? | 天哪 你真的是这么想的吗 |
[41:59] | Yes. | 是的 |
[42:01] | As did your predecessor. | 你的前任和我想法一致 |
[42:03] | Vincent Marsh gave me this job | 文森特·马什任命了我 |
[42:05] | because he knew how to do his job. | 因为他明白该如何做好自己的工作 |
[42:09] | And I’ll tell you another thing. | 容我再告诉你一件事 |
[42:11] | If he’d lived, Vincent Marsh would have been | 如果他还在 文森特·马什会成为 |
[42:13] | the next President of the United States, | 美国的下一任总统 |
[42:15] | and I’d be sitting in that chair. | 而坐在那张椅子上的人会是我 |
[42:17] | I’d have your job. | 你的工作本属于我 |
[42:22] | But it’s my job now. | 但现在这是我的工作 |
[42:25] | And you’re fired. | 你被解雇了 |
[42:41] | Do you need anything, Ma’am? | 有什么需要吗 国务卿 |
[42:42] | Yeah. Would you send Blake in? | 是的 能叫布莱克进来一下吗 |
[42:45] | Of course. | 当然 |
[42:45] | Thanks, Nadine. | 谢谢 纳丁 |
[42:53] | Ma’am. | 国务卿 |
[42:57] | How much can I trust you, Blake? | 我能信任你吗 布莱克 |
[43:00] | With your life, Madam Secretary. | 您能把您的生命托付给我 国务卿女士 |
[43:02] | And your career, obviously. | 当然还有你的职业生涯 |
[43:04] | The latter will be sufficient. | 能托付职业生涯就够了 |
[43:07] | I need you to help me run an investigation on someone, | 我需要你帮我调查一个人 |
[43:10] | and I need it to be confidential. | 必须得保密 |
[43:13] | Yeah, no problem. | 没问题 |
[43:15] | Uh, is it someone in the State Department? | 是国务院的人吗 |
[43:17] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[43:20] | Nadine. | 纳丁 |