时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Big day today, Pete. | 今天是大日子 彼得 |
[00:12] | Try not to be a jerk. | 耐住性子 |
[00:20] | Sir, can you move? | 先生 请让开 |
[00:23] | No, no, no, no, no! No! | 不 不 |
[00:26] | Ah, geez. | 我的天 |
[00:30] | He answer your text yet? | 他回你的短信了吗 |
[00:32] | Still MIA, ma’am. | 仍然失联 国务卿女士 |
[00:33] | Oh, great. It’s only the most historic vote | 太好了 这只不过是联合国过去三十年里 |
[00:35] | the U.N.’s taken in the last 30 years, | 最具历史性的一次投票而已 |
[00:36] | but sure, take your time, Mr. Ambassador. | 不用急 大使先生 |
[00:39] | Where are we with Russia and China? | 俄罗斯和中国是什么情况了 |
[00:41] | Still the biggest holdouts. | 仍然是两个最大的障碍 |
[00:42] | How much to commit to the fund, | 要承诺提供多少资金啊 |
[00:44] | how many climate-change refugees to take in… | 要接收多少气候变化难民啊… |
[00:47] | There he is. | 他来了 |
[00:48] | Good morning, Ambassador Harriman. | 早上好 哈里曼大使 |
[00:50] | New York used to be the one place in America | 纽约曾经是美国国内 |
[00:52] | where people knew how to walk in crowds. | 人们最懂得如何在熙熙攘攘的街头走路的地方 |
[00:54] | No more. Thank you, cell phones. | 现在不是了 感谢手机 |
[00:57] | Everything okay there, Peter? | 彼得 没什么事吧 |
[00:59] | Sorry, ma’am. | 对不起 国务卿女士 |
[01:01] | I lost something on the way in. | 我过来时丢了个东西 |
[01:04] | A lucky charm, of sorts. | 是个幸运符之类的东西 |
[01:05] | Think you can get your game face on in the next few minutes? | 你觉得你几分钟里能把你的表情调整好吗 |
[01:08] | Got kind of a big day ahead of us. | 对我们来说今天可是个大日子 |
[01:10] | So, the state of play is that China and Russia | 目前的情况是中国和俄罗斯 |
[01:12] | might make us wait until the chamber | 想让我们一直等到大会上 |
[01:14] | for the big reveal, but if we work ’em hard enough | 才公布他们的意向 但如果我们在磋商室 |
[01:17] | in the consultation rooms, I think we’ll get ’em to yes. | 足够努力 我想我们可以让他们说同意 |
[01:20] | And since nothing less than the survival | 而且既然我们面对的是 |
[01:22] | of a cohesive human society | 灾难性的气候变化 |
[01:24] | in the face of catastrophic climate change | 对人类社会凝聚力的挑战 |
[01:26] | is at stake, we damn well better. | 我们最好能让他们同意 |
[01:28] | There’s my guy. Shall we? | 这才是我要的样子呢 我们走吧 |
[01:30] | – Let’s. – What was this lucky charm? | -走吧 -这个幸运符是怎么回事 |
[01:33] | It was a Bobby Kennedy campaign pin. | 是罗伯特·肯尼迪的竞选徽章 |
[01:36] | I got it when I was a kid. | 是我小时候得到的 |
[01:37] | Oh, wow, it certainly beats a rabbit’s foot. | 那可比幸运兔脚强多了 |
[01:40] | People still have those? | 人们还带这些东西吗 |
[01:41] | Seems like a super gross thing | 感觉放兜里 |
[01:43] | to carry around in your pocket. | 非常傻啊 |
[01:47] | So, what do you think? | 你们觉得怎么样 |
[01:49] | Nice. Very “McCord for president.” | 很不错 非常有”麦考德竞选总部”的感觉 |
[01:52] | – Yeah, it’s fine. – Wrong. | -嗯 挺好的 -错 |
[01:54] | It’s terrible. | 非常糟糕 |
[01:56] | The HQs for winning campaigns aren’t “Nice” and “Fine.” | 获胜的总部不应该是”不错”或者”还行”的 |
[01:58] | They have a vibe– scrappy, | 而应该有种气氛… 充满斗志的 |
[02:01] | indomitable, like a prizefighter’s | 不屈不挠的 就像职业拳手 |
[02:03] | training camp in the mountains. | 在山里面的训练营那样 |
[02:04] | This place… feels like the former offices | 这地方… 感觉像是那些因为和太多 |
[02:06] | of a lobbying group that went under | 独裁者暗中勾结而倒台的 |
[02:08] | after playing footsie with too many dictators. | 游说团体留下来的旧办公室 |
[02:10] | Which it is, by the way. | 其实它本来就是 |
[02:12] | I have something else I need to discuss with you two. | 我还有别的事要和你们讨论一下 |
[02:13] | Come on, step into what will never be my office. | 到永远也不会成为我办公室的办公室来吧 |
[02:17] | We need you to vet the kids. | 我们需要你们来审查一下孩子们 |
[02:19] | Does M-Sec know about this? | 国务卿女士知道吗 |
[02:20] | Would we be here if she didn’t? | 如果她要是不知道 我们会在这吗 |
[02:22] | Look, finding out that Carlos Morejon’s son | 发现卡洛斯·莫雷洪的儿子 |
[02:23] | was dating, um… | 在约会… |
[02:26] | Help me out with the middle one. | 他们中间那个娃叫什么来着 |
[02:28] | – Alison. – Knew that. | -艾莉森 -我知道 |
[02:29] | …was a wake-up call. | 给我们敲了警钟 |
[02:31] | Worked out well for us, actually. | 实际上这事对我们有利 |
[02:32] | But we need to make sure that the kids don’t have | 但我们要确定那些孩子们的 |
[02:33] | any other big surprises hiding up their gawky young sleeves. | 口袋里不会藏着什么别的大意外给我们 |
[02:37] | Campaigns are feeding frenzies. | 竞选就是个弱肉强食的猎场 |
[02:39] | Sit down with each of the kids, | 和每个孩子都坐下来 |
[02:40] | ferret out any other potential oppo. | 找出任何潜在的不利点 |
[02:41] | But also, give them a sense of what it’s gonna be like | 但同时呢 让他们感受一下 |
[02:44] | to be in the hot seat. Be tough. | 被置于火上烤是什么滋味 厉害点 |
[02:46] | Absolutely. We can do that. | 没问题 我们可以办到 |
[02:48] | Can we, though? | 我们行吗 |
[02:49] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[02:50] | I can be tough. Can you? | 我可以厉害点 你行吗 |
[02:52] | Yes, of course I can be tough. | 我当然可以了 |
[02:53] | I’m just saying, you like to be liked, | 我是说 你喜欢被人喜欢 |
[02:55] | especially by the McCords. | 尤其是被麦考德一家喜欢 |
[02:57] | I just really don’t want to be the only bad cop on this. | 我真的不想在这里面去扮演白脸的那个人 |
[02:59] | Guys, the important thing is that I’m bored now, | 伙计们 重要的是我已经开始烦了 |
[03:01] | so work this out somewhere else. | 你们去别的地方争个高下吧 |
[03:03] | Get back to me ASAP. | 尽快回复我 |
[03:07] | The woman of the hour. | 我们的大明星来了 |
[03:10] | Thank you, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:12] | Well done, Bess. | 做得好 贝丝 |
[03:14] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢您 总统先生 |
[03:15] | Still don’t know how you got Russia and China on board. | 仍然不知道俄罗斯和中国是否同意啊 |
[03:18] | Honestly, neither do I. | 说实话 我也不知道 |
[03:20] | The day is basically a blur. | 今天基本上就是一晃而过 |
[03:23] | Well, take a breath. | 喘口气 |
[03:25] | Savor your achievement. | 回味一下你的成就 |
[03:27] | The unspoken caveat being, before the real work starts, | 言外之意就是 在真正的工作开始之前 |
[03:30] | we have to try and get this thing through the Senate. | 我们要努力让提案在参议院通过 |
[03:32] | You’ve taken us this far. | 你已经做了这么多 |
[03:33] | Let us worry about the Senate. | 参议院的事让我们去操心吧 |
[03:35] | End your tenure at State on a high note | 以一个辉煌结束你在国务院的工作 |
[03:37] | that you can parlay into your presidential announcement. | 你可以带着它宣布你竞选总统 |
[03:40] | I’m happy to testify to the Foreign Relations Committee. | 我很愿意去外交委员会作证 |
[03:43] | And let Owen Callister use his position as chair | 好让欧文·卡利斯特利用他主席的位置 |
[03:45] | to beat you up right before you announce? | 在你宣布参选之前对你进行攻击 |
[03:48] | No way. Don’t give his campaign that ammo. | 绝对不行 不要为他的竞选提供子弹 |
[03:50] | Bess, I don’t have to tell you what a tough slog it is | 贝丝 我不用告诉你这段时间 |
[03:53] | getting any treaty through the Senate these days. | 想要让参议院通过任何条约有多难 |
[03:55] | This one in particular. | 尤其是这个 |
[03:56] | The whip count’s extremely tight. | 党鞭的计票统计非常接近 |
[03:58] | We lose just one or two senators, | 要是失去一两个参议员的话 |
[04:01] | and we might not have the votes. | 我们的票可能就不够了 |
[04:03] | So let me help you get them. | 让我来帮你们把选票争取到吧 |
[04:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:12] | Never met a politician so willing to make it easier | 从来没遇到过一个政客如此愿意 |
[04:14] | to make running for president harder. | 让自己的总统竞选变得更加困难的 |
[04:16] | Well, I’m gonna take that as a compliment. | 我把这句话当成恭维了啊 |
[04:18] | I think. Good night, sir. | 我想 晚安 总统先生 |
[04:19] | Speaking of, have you decided when you’re going to | 说到这 你决定了什么时候 |
[04:21] | officially announce your resignation? | 正式宣布辞职了吗 |
[04:24] | I, uh… I don’t know how much longer I can keep it quiet. | 我… 我不知道还能瞒多久 |
[04:27] | Actually, I was thinking first thing tomorrow morning. | 我打算明天一早就宣布 |
[04:32] | Fair enough. | 没问题 |
[04:33] | If you happen to change your mind | 万一你在宣布之前 |
[04:34] | between now and then, | 改变主意了 |
[04:36] | I’m happy to tear it up. | 我很乐意撕毁你的辞职信 |
[04:38] | Can always use you in the fight. | 这场战役中我们总是会需要你 |
[04:42] | I’ll keep that in mind, sir. | 我会记住这句话的 总统先生 |
[04:52] | So? Did you tell POTUS your plans for tomorrow? | 怎么样 你对总统说了明天的计划吗 |
[04:55] | I did. | 我说了 |
[04:58] | I still just– | 我还是有点 |
[05:00] | I can’t believe it’s happening. | 不敢相信这是真的 |
[05:01] | – Okay… – Not really. | -好了 -不敢相信 |
[05:02] | Maybe this will make it a little more real. | 或许这件事会让你感觉真实一点 |
[05:05] | The post-resignation, pre-presidential announcement | 你辞职后 宣布竞选前的假期 |
[05:07] | – vacation is officially on. – You booked it! | -已经安排好了 -你已经预订了 |
[05:09] | Anguilla, baby, ten days. | 去安圭拉岛 亲爱的 十天 |
[05:11] | Just you and me sleeping in… | 就你和我 每天睡到自然醒 |
[05:13] | …reading books, drinking out of coconuts. | 看看书 喝椰子汁 |
[05:14] | Quiet. Scuba diving. | 享受宁静 还可以潜水 |
[05:15] | Sure. That, too. | 对 还有潜水 |
[05:17] | You’re not gonna get certified, are you? | 你不会去考潜水证的 对吗 |
[05:19] | Maybe when we’re down there. | 等我们去了再说 |
[05:21] | After all these years, | 这么多年了 |
[05:24] | I cannot believe you will not do this with me. | 我无法相信你还是不愿意和我一起潜水 |
[05:26] | I just don’t think that people | 我只是觉得 |
[05:27] | were meant to breathe underwater. | 人类不应该在水底呼吸 |
[05:29] | Well, they weren’t meant to jump out of planes, either, | 人类也不应该从飞机上跳下来 |
[05:31] | and you’ve done that plenty of times. | 但你都跳了多少回了 |
[05:33] | Counterpoint: the ocean is just one big fish toilet. | 区别在于 海洋是鱼类的大公厕 |
[05:39] | Henry… | 亨利… |
[05:43] | We have been going flat-out | 过去的四年里 |
[05:45] | for the past four years straight. | 我们一直都在拼尽全力工作 |
[05:47] | Next year we’ll be campaigning. | 明年我们要竞选 |
[05:49] | And then, if we’re lucky, | 如果幸运的话 |
[05:51] | we’ll be right back in this building | 我们还会回到这栋楼里 |
[05:53] | for the next four to eight years. | 再奋斗四年 甚至八年 |
[05:55] | We may never know silence again until we’re in the grave. | 在进坟墓之前 我们可能都无法享受宁静了 |
[06:00] | Please, join me | 拜托 和我一起 |
[06:02] | in the profound, serene beauty of the fish toilet. | 享受鱼类公厕浩瀚而宁静的美丽 |
[06:08] | Well, when you put it that way… | 既然你都这么说了… |
[06:13] | So, Jason, some of your political posts online | 杰森 你在网上发表的一些政治性内容 |
[06:16] | are a little edgy. | 有一点过激 |
[06:18] | You think maybe you could tone ’em down, | 你能不能缓和一下你的措辞 |
[06:20] | or maybe delete a few? | 或者删掉一些 |
[06:22] | For your mom. | 为了你妈妈 |
[06:23] | Nope. No way. | 不行 不可能 |
[06:27] | Hello. First Amendment. | 第一修正案 言论自由 |
[06:30] | He makes a good point. | 他说得有道理 |
[06:33] | How much marijuana would you say you, uh, smoked, Alison? | 你抽过多少大麻 艾莉森 |
[06:37] | Ew. None. | 没抽过 |
[06:39] | I eat it. Duh. | 我直接吃 |
[06:42] | It’s, like, totally legal here now. | 在这里是完全合法的 |
[06:44] | Well, she’s right. It is mostly legal. | 她说得对 大部分地区是合法的 |
[06:46] | It’s legal here. | 在这是合法的 |
[06:52] | Stevie, a potential concern for the campaign | 斯蒂芬 我们很担心你的恋爱史 |
[06:54] | is your dating history. | 在竞选中会被人挑刺 |
[06:58] | What about it? | 为什么 |
[06:59] | Uh, Arthur Gilroy, that was your former boss. | 亚瑟·吉尔罗伊是你的前上司 |
[07:01] | That was the one that worked for your mom. | 他是你妈妈的前下属 |
[07:03] | Oh, this is the one that was twice-twice your age. | 这个年纪比你大一倍 |
[07:05] | And then, of course, | 当然还有 |
[07:06] | we all know about your little moment | 我们都知道你 |
[07:07] | with the president’s son, | 和总统儿子的那段历史 |
[07:08] | and, of course, his little moment with heroin. | 当然还有他的海洛因事件 |
[07:10] | Oh, can’t forget about your fiancé, the English fella | 还有你的未婚夫 |
[07:14] | you left on the, on the way to the altar– brutal. | 即将结婚却被你抛弃的英国人 太惨了 |
[07:17] | Either way, you understand how these things | 不管怎样 你能明白这些事情 |
[07:19] | could probably be | 可能会 |
[07:21] | problematic to your-your mother’s campaign? | 对你妈妈的竞选造成不利影响吧 |
[07:24] | Right. | 是的 |
[07:26] | It’s actually funny, ’cause you guys don’t even– | 很好笑 你们都没有… |
[07:29] | Well, you don’t even have the security clearance | 你们没有权限 |
[07:30] | to know about-about, uh, “Stevie’s greatest mistake.” | 知道”斯蒂芬最大的过错” |
[07:34] | I’m sorry, and who… | 不好意思 谁… |
[07:35] | could you tell us a little bit about that? | 你能跟我们说说吗 |
[07:36] | Oh, sorry, you-you would have to ask the FBI. | 不好意思 你们得去问联邦调查局 |
[07:38] | By the way, they know about everyone that you just mentioned. | 还有 你们刚刚说的每一个人他们都知道 |
[07:41] | And, uh, they still cleared me to work in the White House, | 即便如此 他们还是让我去白宫工作了 |
[07:44] | where I handle with great professionalism materials | 我在白宫负责处理和各种重要议题相关的 |
[07:47] | related to all sorts of important issues. | 专业性材料 |
[07:51] | For example, tonight I’m compiling a briefing book | 比如说今天晚上我就在编撰一份 |
[07:54] | on the Climate Migration Treaty, which paints a portrait | 关于《气候移民条约》的提要手册 |
[07:58] | of our future on this planet | 它勾画了地球家园 |
[08:00] | that is existentially terrifying. | 岌岌可危的未来 |
[08:03] | And so, I’m just wondering what we are doing here | 所以我想知道我们为什么要在这里 |
[08:05] | worrying about how some, what, hypothetical swing voter | 担心一些假想的摇摆选民 |
[08:10] | is maybe gonna slut-shame a millennial? | 可能会羞辱一个千禧一代的年轻人 |
[08:17] | Is there anything else? | 还有别的事情吗 |
[08:18] | – No, that’s it. – No. That’s fine. | -没有了 -没事了 |
[08:19] | – Awesome. – Thank you. | -很好 -谢谢 |
[08:25] | What the hell did you do? | 你刚才是在干什么 |
[08:27] | Bad cop? | 唱白脸 |
[08:32] | – Are you ready, ma’am? – Yeah. | -您准备好了吗 -准备好了 |
[08:36] | Best job I ever had. | 这是我做过最好的一份工作 |
[08:39] | So far. | 到目前为止 |
[08:45] | Excuse me. | 借过一下 |
[08:49] | – Good morning. – Good morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[08:52] | A few days ago, I offered, and President Dalton accepted | 几天前 我向道尔顿总统递交了辞呈 |
[08:55] | my resignation as Secretary of State. | 辞去国务卿一职 总统同意了 |
[09:00] | Effective two weeks from today. | 从今天起两周后生效 |
[09:13] | Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[09:14] | this treaty flings open our nation’s doors | 这份条约让美国的大门 |
[09:18] | to hordes of unvetted refugees | 向很多未经审查的难民敞开 |
[09:20] | who would undermine both our economy | 他们会对美国的经济 |
[09:22] | and our national security. | 和国家安全造成损害 |
[09:23] | What do you say to the American citizen | 很多美国公民可能会因为这些移民 |
[09:26] | who will have his job stolen or her life taken | 失去工作 甚至丧命 |
[09:29] | – by these migrants? – Senator Callister, | -你有什么要对他们说的 -卡利斯特议员 |
[09:32] | I would say that you’re conjuring hypothetical people | 我想说 你在这里讨论假想的人民 |
[09:36] | in order to distract real people from a real issue. | 是为了把实际人民的注意力从实际的问题上转移 |
[09:44] | – This is no laughing matter. – I agree. | -这不是好笑的事情 -我同意 |
[09:46] | Ratifying this treaty to help manage the disruptions | 通过这份条约 |
[09:50] | caused by climate change | 处理气候变化带来的损害 |
[09:52] | could not be a more serious task. | 是一件再严肃不过的事情 |
[09:55] | I urge you and your colleagues to act with haste. | 我敦促您和您的同事们迅速采取行动 |
[10:01] | You didn’t answer my question. | 你并没有回答我的问题 |
[10:02] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:04] | Our nation’s vetting process | 我们国家的审批流程 |
[10:07] | is already extremely stringent. | 已经非常严格了 |
[10:10] | In fact, not a single act of terrorism | 事实上 美国本土 |
[10:13] | has been perpetrated in the United States by a refugee. | 还没有一次恐怖行动是由难民实施的 |
[10:17] | Cold comfort to the families of the victims, I expect. | 我觉得这种安慰对受害者家属没有任何意义 |
[10:20] | I expect actual Americans to be comforted by facts. | 我希望用事实给美国人民带来安慰 |
[10:26] | The chair recognizes the gentleman from New Hampshire, | 本主席向大家引荐来自新罕布什尔州的 |
[10:29] | Senator Eckstad. | 艾科斯塔德参议员 |
[10:32] | Thank you, Mr. Chairman. | 谢谢 主席先生 |
[10:34] | Madam Secretary, I’d first like to thank you | 国务卿女士 我首先想感谢你 |
[10:37] | for your service to our nation. | 为我们国家作出的贡献 |
[10:39] | I’m sorry to see you go. | 并对你的离任表示遗憾 |
[10:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:41] | I also salute the hard work that you have done | 我也想向你为了推动气候移民条约 |
[10:43] | to advance the Climate Migration Treaty. | 而付出的辛勤劳动致敬 |
[10:45] | I appreciate that. | 非常感谢 |
[10:46] | But while many of its aims are worthy, my concern is | 既然它的诸多目标都极具价值 我的问题是 |
[10:50] | why does the most extensive treaty on climate change | 这个史无前例范围最广的气候变化条约 |
[10:53] | that the world has ever seen do nothing about climate change? | 为什么对气候变化只字未提 |
[10:59] | I-I’m sorry. I’m… | 我 我很抱歉 我… |
[11:01] | The treaty does nothing | 这个条约对 |
[11:02] | to address the causes of climate change, | 气候变化的根源只字未提 |
[11:05] | namely, dependence on fossil fuels. | 也就是对石化燃料的依赖 |
[11:07] | Senator, I agree, | 参议员 我同意 |
[11:09] | there are indeed many facets | 确实有很多方面的因素 |
[11:11] | to the problem of climate change. | 导致气候变化问题 |
[11:14] | This treaty focuses on what I believe | 这个条约所关注的 |
[11:16] | to be the most pressing: | 我相信 是最迫切的问题 |
[11:17] | protecting American security and saving human lives. | 保护美国安全和拯救生命 |
[11:21] | And I believe you’re too focused on symptoms, | 但我觉得你过多地关注表面症状 |
[11:25] | and not on the underlying sickness. | 而不是内在的疾病 |
[11:28] | I’m inclined to vote against advancing it to the full Senate. | 我倾向于投票反对把它提交给参议院全体成员 |
[11:32] | And on that note, | 基于这一点 |
[11:33] | this hearing is adjourned for the day. | 本次听证会到此为止 |
[11:35] | Thank you, Madam Secretary. | 谢谢你 国务卿女士 |
[11:38] | Well, that took a turn. | 好吧 事情又反转了 |
[11:40] | I’ll skip the “I told you so’s.” | 我就不马后炮了 |
[11:42] | Technically, you didn’t. | 技术上来说 你并没有 |
[11:44] | So do we think that, uh, Eckstad’s for real, | 所以你们觉得 艾科斯塔德是来真的 |
[11:46] | – or is he just grandstanding? – I don’t know. | -还是虚张声势 -我不知道 |
[11:48] | But if he takes the rest of his groovy friends | 但如果他把谜之参议院的的 |
[11:50] | in the Rainbows and Moonbeams Caucus with him, | 其他潮人朋友都拉拢过去 |
[11:53] | we’re not gonna get to two-thirds. | 我们就得不到三分之二的票数了 |
[11:55] | I think he’s a showboat, but he wants to deal. | 我觉得他是在虚张声势 他想做交易 |
[11:56] | I’m gonna go see what he’s angling for | 我去看看他的目的是什么 |
[11:58] | and I’ll circle back. | 然后再把事情反转过来 |
[11:59] | Well, that’s our only chance. Be nice. | 行 这是我们唯一的机会 态度好点 |
[12:02] | Stevie, I just wanted to say I-I’m sorry for last night. | 斯蒂芬 我只是想为昨晚的事道歉 |
[12:04] | – It’s fine. – It’s just, Daisy always calls me Mr. Nice Guy. | -没事 -就是因为黛西总叫我好好先生 |
[12:06] | I was, you know, trying not to… | 我就 你懂的 想尽量不那么… |
[12:07] | You know what, just buy me a drink and we’re cool. | 请我喝杯东西 我们就和好了 |
[12:08] | – Okay? – Okay. | -好吗 -好的 |
[12:10] | Well, I admire your principles. | 我很欣赏你这么有原则 |
[12:11] | My problem is | 我的问题是 |
[12:12] | this treaty just doesn’t deal with root causes. | 这个条约并没有解决问题的根源 |
[12:15] | Yeah. Y-You mentioned that earlier. | 没错 你之前就说过 |
[12:18] | I have a, uh, corporate carbon tax bill | 我有个企业碳排放征税法案 |
[12:20] | that will do just that. | 就能做到这一点 |
[12:22] | But it’s stuck in committee over | 但这个法案卡在了 |
[12:24] | at Energy and Natural Resources. | 能源与自然资源委员会 |
[12:26] | But POTUS is friends with the chairman. | 而委员会的主席是总统的朋友 |
[12:29] | So the White House gets your bill out of committee, | 所以白宫让委员会否决了你的法案 |
[12:32] | you get ours out. | 你就投票反对我们的条约 |
[12:34] | That about the size of it? | 我说的对吗 |
[12:37] | I always say, my most important constituent is Mother Earth. | 我总是说 我最重要的选民就是地球母亲 |
[12:41] | And that’s really neat. | 说的不错 |
[12:43] | Senator, your bill is stuck in committee | 参议员 你的法案在委员会被否决了 |
[12:45] | because it’s half-baked. | 是因为它还不成熟 |
[12:46] | You want to make real change? | 你想要有真正意义上的改变吗 |
[12:48] | Do your homework, get the details right. | 好好做做功课 把细节问题处理好 |
[12:52] | – I’d hoped for a more productive discussion. – No, | -我以为我们的谈话会更有成效 -不 |
[12:55] | you hoped for a grubby little quid pro quo. | 你只是想做个肮脏的小交易 |
[12:58] | This treaty is humankind’s last, best shot | 这个条约是人类把自己从大规模移民 |
[13:01] | to save itself from the disruptions | 导致的混乱中拯救出来的 |
[13:02] | that mass migrations will cause. | 最后的致胜一击 |
[13:04] | And if it dies in the Senate because of you, | 如果它因为你而止步于参议院 |
[13:08] | well, I am gonna be spending some time soon | 那我很快就会去你的 |
[13:11] | in your home state, | 家乡州待一段时间 |
[13:13] | and I will make it a point to remind your progressive base | 特意提醒一下那些支持你的进步人士 |
[13:16] | just who to blame. | 这一切是谁的错 |
[13:20] | Thank you for your time, Senator. | 谢谢你抽出时间 参议员 |
[13:22] | Why’d I have to get so mad? | 为什么我发这么大火 |
[13:24] | Russell said, “Be nice, we need this guy.” | 拉塞尔说了”态度好点 我们需要这家伙” |
[13:27] | “Physician, heal thyself,” Russell. | 拉塞尔也说过”医者自医” |
[13:28] | Whoa, I think I really blew this. | 我觉得我真的搞砸了 |
[13:30] | Don’t beat yourself up, babe. | 不要自责 宝贝 |
[13:32] | If your gut was telling you not to cave, | 如果你的直觉告诉你不要屈服 |
[13:34] | then you’re probably right. | 那很可能就是对的 |
[13:35] | Interesting, | 有意思 |
[13:38] | ’cause my gut is also telling me that you’ve made no plans | 因为我的直觉也告诉我你根本没有计划去 |
[13:42] | – to get scuba-certified. – Not true. | -考潜水证 -不对 |
[13:45] | I have been reviewing relevant materials. | 我一直在学习相关的资料 |
[13:47] | – Reviewing relevant material? – Yeah, I saw a video | -学习相关资料 -是的 我看了个视频 |
[13:50] | of this guy diving over a coral reef | 那家伙潜到了一片珊瑚礁上面 |
[13:52] | and an eel came out and bit him, right on his… | 一条鳗鱼游出来咬了他 就在他的… |
[13:54] | Hey, Russell. | 你好 拉塞尔 |
[13:58] | Well, that’s great news. Well– I-I… | 真是个好消息 好吧 我… |
[14:00] | Thank you for the call. | 谢谢你打电话给我 |
[14:04] | Eckstad blinked. | 艾科斯塔德让步了 |
[14:05] | We got the votes. | 我们拿到了足够的票数 |
[14:06] | – The treaty’s gonna pass. – I told you. | -条约要通过了 -我说了吧 |
[14:08] | Congratulations, honey. | 祝贺你 亲爱的 |
[14:10] | You really did something incredible. | 你真的很了不起 |
[14:12] | Well, time will tell. | 没错 时间会证明一切 |
[14:13] | But it does really feel like I deserve something in return, | 但我真的觉得我应该得到回报 |
[14:16] | – doesn’t it? – Like what? | -不是吗 -什么回报 |
[14:19] | What is your problem with scuba diving? | 你对潜水到底有什么意见 |
[14:23] | I’m scared. | 我害怕 |
[14:25] | Sweetheart. | 亲爱的 |
[14:29] | – Get over it. – I’ll get– I will. | -征服你的恐惧 -我要 我会的 |
[14:31] | – Okay. Good. – I’m gonna get certified | -好 很好 -我会在旅行之前 |
[14:33] | – before we go on the trip. – Because you are gonna love it. | -拿到证书 -因为你会爱死潜水的 |
[14:35] | Yeah. That’s what Eel Guy thought, too. | 没错 被鳗鱼咬的那家伙也这么想 |
[14:38] | By the way, I-I’m totally with you | 顺便说一下 我完全赞成你 |
[14:40] | with the whole climate change dread. | 关于可怕的气候变化的全部观点 |
[14:43] | Thank you. I am, like, | 谢谢 我也就是 |
[14:44] | reading these reports, like, | 读了些报告 |
[14:46] | I– I mean, I cannot be the only one | 看了这些东西 |
[14:47] | Who’s legitimately having nightmares about this stuff. | 不可能只有我一个人做噩梦 |
[14:49] | Oh, no, no, no. No, you have no idea. There were– | 不不不 你根本无法想象 有些… |
[14:51] | I-I read this one report a few years ago, | 我几年前读过一篇报道 |
[14:53] | it was like, where the world will be in 2030, | 是关于2030年的世界会是什么样 |
[14:55] | and I had a total freak-out. | 我完全吓坏了 |
[14:57] | Mm-hmm. I mean, full-on meltdown, completely. | 是全面彻底地崩溃 |
[15:00] | There was this, there was this one statistic about… | 还有 还有一份数据是关于… |
[15:02] | Flamingos. | 火烈鸟 |
[15:03] | – You know about this? – Right, I do, yeah. | -你知道吗 -是的 我知道 |
[15:05] | There’s more plastic ones than real… | 塑料的比真的还要多… |
[15:06] | Yes. Than real ones, yeah, I know because my mom | 对 比真的要多 是因为我妈 |
[15:08] | told me how much you freaked out about it. | 跟我说过 你对此有多抓狂 |
[15:10] | No! Oh, come on. | 不 不是吧 |
[15:13] | I’m sorry, I’m sorry. | 抱歉啦 抱歉 |
[15:14] | That is very, very mortifying. | 真是非常非常地羞愧 |
[15:18] | – Here you go. – Oh, thanks. | -给你 -谢谢 |
[15:20] | What? No, no, no, no. | 什么 不不不 |
[15:21] | – Please, Blake. – No, no. Please. | -拜托 布莱克 -不 别这样 |
[15:23] | I was a total ass, I owe you drinks forever. | 我之前太混蛋了 我永远都欠你酒 |
[15:27] | Friends? | 是朋友吗 |
[15:29] | Friends. | 朋友 |
[15:31] | So, uh, the world is ending, | 世界就要完了 |
[15:33] | and we’re all screwed. | 我们都完蛋了 |
[15:35] | Which we’ve established. | 这我们已经确认了 |
[15:36] | Yeah. So what do you do? | 是啊 那你会怎么办 |
[15:38] | Like, what’s the one thing that you would want to do | 比如 在一切都分崩离析之前 |
[15:43] | before, you know, it all collapses? | 你最想做的一件事是什么 |
[15:46] | Oh. How much time do I have left? | 我还剩多少时间 |
[15:48] | However much you want. Don’t get hung up on the details. | 你想要多少都行 不要在意细节 |
[15:50] | Okay. I don’t know, sing more? | 好吧 我不知道 多唱唱歌 |
[15:53] | Oh, maybe I’ll do one of those TV singing competitions. | 或许我会去参加一个电视歌唱比赛 |
[15:56] | – Really? – I don’t know. | -真的吗 -我不知道 |
[15:58] | – Maybe. – That’s cool. | -也许吧 -那太酷了 |
[15:59] | Well, I don’t know. What about you? | 我不知道 那你呢 |
[16:02] | I would spend every waking moment with my loved ones, | 我会和我爱的人一起度过剩下的每一刻 |
[16:05] | you monster. | 你这个怪物 |
[16:07] | No, come on, seriously. What would you do? | 别啊 说真的 你会怎么做 |
[16:08] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[16:09] | That’s the thing, it’s like, life is so… | 就是这样 生活是如此… |
[16:13] | uh, beautiful and it’s short. | 美好而短暂 |
[16:15] | Half the time, I just want to drop everything and, like, | 多数时候 我只想放下一切 |
[16:17] | go out and experience as much of it as I can | 在世界 或者是我消失之前 |
[16:21] | before it’s all gone, or I am. | 出去尽可能多地体验一下 |
[16:23] | It’s a good thing the world’s not ending. | 还好世界没有要终结 |
[16:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:46] | We can’t do this. | 我们不能这样做 |
[16:48] | – No, no. Um… – No. It’s… | -不 不… -不 只是 |
[16:50] | That’s not… I… sorry. | 这不是 我… 对不起 |
[16:52] | – No, no, it’s fine. – It’s… That’s not what | -不 不 没事的 -这…那不是 |
[16:54] | I shouldn’t have done that. | 我不该那样 |
[16:55] | I thought that you were… | 我以为你是… |
[16:57] | Are you…? Aren’t you…? | 你是… 你不是… |
[16:58] | I’m bi. | 我是双 |
[16:59] | Not that, it’s not… | 不是说那个 不是… |
[17:01] | No, no, no, I didn’t… that’s not what I was saying. | 不不不 我不是 我不是这意思 |
[17:02] | I… that was not… Yeah. | 我…那不是… 对 |
[17:03] | Uh, it was fine. Yes, great. | 没什么 对 很好 |
[17:04] | But, um, we can’t do this. | 但是 我们不能这么做 |
[17:08] | – No. No, no, no. – No. Okay. | -不该 不不不 -好的 |
[17:09] | Should we be freaking out right now? | 我们现在应该抓狂吗 |
[17:11] | No. No, no, no. It’s just a thing. | 不 不不不 这什么都不是 |
[17:13] | – It just happened. – Great. Just happens. | -只是碰巧发生了 -很好 只是碰巧 |
[17:14] | – Just happened. – Done. Done. | -碰巧发生的 -没事了 没事 |
[17:16] | – Great. – Good night. | -很好 -晚安 |
[17:17] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[17:21] | Promise you won’t freak out. | 答应我你不会抓狂 |
[17:23] | – I promise. – Okay. | -我保证 -好的 |
[17:24] | All right. | 好 |
[17:26] | Oh, my God. Oh, my God. | 上帝啊 我的上帝 |
[17:29] | – That’s it. – All right. Oh. | -就是这样 -好 |
[17:31] | Before you go to Geneva, I almost forgot | 在你去日内瓦之前 我差点忘了 |
[17:35] | got you a little something. | 给你带了个小东西 |
[17:39] | Oh. Will you look at that? | 看看这是什么 |
[17:42] | You know, I called the city, I had a whole crew of people | 我给市政府打过电话 我找了一群人 |
[17:44] | down there looking for my pin, but no luck. | 去帮我找我的别针 但都没找到 |
[17:48] | Well, hold on tight to that one. | 那就收好这一个 |
[17:50] | I will. | 我会的 |
[17:51] | You know, I got the last one in 1968. | 之前那个是1968年的 |
[17:54] | – No kidding. – Yeah. | -别开玩笑了 -真的 |
[17:55] | Man, in ’68, my dad and I weren’t seeing eye to eye | 68年时 我和我爸在任何事情上 |
[17:59] | on anything, least of all Vietnam. | 都意见相左 尤其是对越战 |
[18:01] | But when Bobby Kennedy came to town to campaign, | 但是鲍比·肯尼迪来镇上竞选时 |
[18:05] | my dad took a shift off work, | 我爸请了假 |
[18:06] | got me out of school to go see him. | 把我从学校接出来去看他 |
[18:07] | I got in the car and he handed me one of these. | 我上车时 他递给我一个别针 |
[18:09] | I saw he was wearing one, so I put it on. | 我看到他别了一个 所以我就别上了 |
[18:12] | We finally get there, and, uh, | 我们到那的时候 |
[18:14] | there’s this huge crowd of people. | 有一大群人在那里 |
[18:15] | Black, white, men, women, young, old. | 黑人 白人 男女老少 |
[18:19] | Anyway, uh, the amazing thing was, | 总之 令人惊奇的是 |
[18:23] | it seemed like Bobby was speaking to each one of us. | 鲍比好像在和我们每个人说话 |
[18:27] | You could see that he was just putting it right out there, | 你看到的是他只是在那表明观点 |
[18:31] | putting his whole soul into it. | 全身心地投入其中 |
[18:33] | I mean, to win, sure, but more importantly, | 当然是要赢得选票 但更重要的是 |
[18:37] | he was telling America the truth as he saw it. | 他告诉美国人他自己看到的真相 |
[18:40] | “We ought to get out of Vietnam.” I cheered. | “我们应该离开越南” 我欢呼起来 |
[18:43] | “We got to end student draft deferments | “我们必须取消学生缓服兵役 |
[18:45] | so that everyone could sacrifice equally.” | 好让每个人都能平等地奉献” |
[18:47] | My dad cheered. | 我爸欢呼起来 |
[18:49] | And I thought, “If this guy can bring | 我就想 “如果这家伙能 |
[18:50] | “Me and my old man together, then… | 我和我父亲统一意见 那… |
[18:53] | the country ought to be a cinch.” | 那统一国家应该是小菜一碟” |
[18:55] | That was Bobby. | 那就是鲍比 |
[18:59] | So when the nonsense starts to weigh me down, | 所以在一些不要紧的事开始影响我的时候 |
[19:02] | it reminds me why I got into this crazy | 它提醒我一开始我为什么要 |
[19:04] | line of work to begin with. | 投入这疯狂的工作中 |
[19:06] | Thank you so much. I’ll cherish it. | 非常感谢 我会珍惜的 |
[19:09] | Good luck in Geneva, Peter. | 祝你在日内瓦好运 彼得 |
[19:11] | And you stay on top of China and Russia, | 你引导中国和俄罗斯 |
[19:13] | hold them to their commitment, all right? | 让他们坚守承诺 好吗 |
[19:15] | Will do. | 我会的 |
[19:17] | I understand that, uh, | 我知道 |
[19:18] | you may make an announcement soon. | 你可能很快就会宣布 |
[19:20] | Could you just indulge me, just for a moment? | 你能不能就放任我说一句 |
[19:24] | Forget about party politics, | 忘记政党政治 |
[19:25] | liberals, conservatives, all that. | 自由主义 保守主义 所有那些 |
[19:28] | What America yearns for | 美国所盼望的领导人 |
[19:30] | is a leader with the integrity to tell the truth | 会诚实地说出真相的 |
[19:34] | and the charisma to make people listen | 并具有让人们倾听的魅力 |
[19:38] | and the guts to act on it. | 和付诸行动的魄力 |
[19:41] | That’s a tall order. | 很难做到 |
[19:43] | Not for you, ma’am. | 对你来说不难 |
[19:46] | Thank you, Peter. | 谢谢 皮特 |
[19:48] | Bye, now. | 再见 |
[19:52] | So it sounds like there are no major red flags | 对麦考德孩子们的调查 |
[19:54] | with the McCord kids, | 看起来没有什么大问题 |
[19:55] | with the possible exception of | 除了斯蒂芬用情不专的恋爱史 |
[19:56] | Stevie’s checkered dating history, | 可能会有些麻烦 |
[19:57] | which we can manage. | 不过我们也能掌控 |
[19:58] | Great. | 很好 |
[19:59] | I mean, “Checkered” is a pretty strong word, don’t you think? | 你不觉得”用情不专”这个词太直接了 |
[20:01] | What would you prefer? Erratic? Irregular? | 你喜欢什么词 飘忽不定 反复无常 |
[20:04] | Vicissitudinous? | 起起伏伏 |
[20:05] | Why are we worrying so much when Stevie’s | 斯蒂芬是这次竞选的得力干将 |
[20:07] | an asset to the campaign? | 我们干嘛要这么担心 |
[20:08] | She’s dynamic, smart, | 她充满活力又聪明 |
[20:10] | relatable to young voters, and– oh, yeah– a survivor | 能引起年轻选民的共鸣 而且 哦对了 |
[20:12] | of the White House attack, | 白宫遭袭案中的生还者 |
[20:14] | which makes her a hero. | 算得上是英雄了 |
[20:15] | I mean, w-what are we talking about here, people? | 我们在这有什么可讨论的 |
[20:17] | – You tell me, man. – I– easy, tiger. | -你说呢 -别急 虎哥 |
[20:19] | I’m-I’m with you. | 我同意你 |
[20:20] | Not dying in the White House buys her at least | 没在白宫挂掉至少让她赢得了几个 |
[20:22] | a couple of loser boyfriends. Meeting adjourned. | 窝囊男友 休会 |
[20:27] | – I’ll meet you back at the office, okay? – Sure. | -回头去你的办公室 可以吗 -当然可以 |
[20:29] | Oh, and by the way, I know you’re going for scrappy, | 顺便说一下 我知道你不注重条理性 |
[20:32] | but this is a little too scrappy. | 但这也太没条理了 |
[20:34] | Right? I think someone’s actually living | 是吗 看来某人活得 |
[20:36] | in the supply closet. | 太井井有条了 |
[20:36] | Mike, in the interest of full disclosure… | 迈克 本着全面坦白的原则… |
[20:41] | Oh, boy, awkward confession theater. | 老天 尴尬的忏悔戏上演了 |
[20:43] | – Stephanie and I… – Who’s Stephanie? | -我和斯蒂芬妮… -谁是斯蒂芬妮 |
[20:46] | Stevie McCord. | 斯蒂芬·麦考德 |
[20:48] | Oh, wow. Really? | 哇 真的吗 |
[20:50] | I feel I owe a-a duty to the campaign to report | 我觉得我有义务向竞选小组汇报 |
[20:53] | that we… had contact. | 我们有过接触 |
[21:00] | Contact? | 接触 |
[21:01] | We kissed… once. | 接吻了… 就一次 |
[21:04] | And we both agree, it’ll never happen again. | 但我们达成一致 下不为例 |
[21:06] | That’s great, you just lost us Florida. | 瞧你干的好事 让我们丢了佛罗里达 |
[21:09] | Oh, no… | 哦 不… |
[21:10] | Dude, I’m kidding. What is this, middle school? | 哥们 我在开玩笑 我们又不是在上中学 |
[21:13] | It’s fine. | 没事 |
[21:14] | Surprising, I’ll admit. | 虽然我得承认 很吃惊 |
[21:15] | But… it’s fine. | 但… 没事的 |
[21:17] | – It’s not a problem for the campaign? – No. | -这事不会影响竞选吗 -不会 |
[21:19] | Go forth and sin no more. | 翻篇了但别再犯戒 |
[21:20] | Or sin. Honestly, nobody cares. I got to take this. | 犯戒又如何 老实说没人在意 我得接下这个电话 |
[21:24] | Hey. How do you feel about tacos for dinner? | 晚餐吃墨西哥玉米卷怎么样 |
[21:26] | 日内瓦 瑞士 | |
[21:28] | Well, at least we’ll get one meal | 至少本周有一餐 |
[21:29] | 联合国安理会 欢迎晚宴 | |
[21:31] | we actually enjoy this week. | 我们可以大快朵颐 |
[21:33] | Hmm. Eh, Yeric? | 对吗 埃里克 |
[21:34] | It’s cafeteria food | 今晚过后 |
[21:35] | and rubber chicken banquets from here on out. | 就只有工作餐和单调乏味的晚宴 |
[21:39] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[21:41] | Well, I guess we better start the toast | 我们该敬祝酒辞了 |
[21:43] | or we’ll never get home. | 否则别想回家 |
[21:53] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[21:55] | Peter, are you all right? | 皮特 你怎么了 |
[21:58] | You’re bleeding. | 你流血了 |
[22:15] | We… | 我们… |
[22:17] | have to get out of here. | 得设法离开这儿 |
[22:51] | 生日快乐 爷爷 | |
[22:59] | The Swiss police have a high degree of confidence | 瑞士警方有把握确认 |
[23:01] | the chemical agent was sarin. | 化学制剂是沙林毒气 |
[23:03] | Colorless, odorless, highly soluble. | 无色 无味 易溶解 |
[23:06] | The entire U.N. Security Council just… gone? | 整个安理会这下都没有了 |
[23:09] | What… I mean, what the hell do we do now, ma’am? | 我们现在该怎么办 国务卿 |
[23:11] | It’s been reported that Ambassador Harriman… | 据报道 哈里曼大使… |
[23:14] | We get to the White House and get in the fight. | 我们回白宫参加战斗 |
[23:16] | …by a chemical weapon… | …被化学武器… |
[23:17] | We’re getting reports that a white nationalist group | 刚收到报告 白人民族主义分子 |
[23:19] | has claimed responsibility. | 声称对此事负责 |
[23:21] | They are threatening attacks on any country | 并扬言攻击 |
[23:22] | that honors its commitments to accept refugees. | 任何承诺接受难民的国家 |
[23:24] | Okay. We need to reach out to our partners and allies ASAP. | 知道了 我们要尽快联络战略同盟 |
[23:27] | We’ll have our work cut out for us. | 我们得转变事态 |
[23:28] | France is already getting wobbly. | 法国已经开始动摇了 |
[23:29] | Call the foreign minister’s office while I’m in | 我见总统的同时 你们给法国外交部打电话 |
[23:31] | with POTUS, try and talk them off the ledge. | 尽量让他们回心转意 |
[23:35] | What do we know about this group, | 对这个组织我们了解多少 |
[23:36] | “The Knights of Western Freedom,” | “西方自由骑士” |
[23:39] | or whatever these monsters are calling themselves? | 或者自称为其他什么的怪物 |
[23:41] | Well, Agent Maloof from our Counterterrorism Division | 反恐特工马卢夫 |
[23:43] | will take you through what we know so far. | 会向您汇报我们目前所掌握的情况 |
[23:45] | Mr. President, based on a communiqué | 总统先生 根据该组织 |
[23:47] | the group posted today, | 今天发布的公报 |
[23:49] | The Knights of Western Freedom | “西方自由骑士” |
[23:51] | claims to be an informal network of cells | 声称是一个非正式网络组织 |
[23:53] | paradoxically united by a resistance to what they call | 由一群抵抗所谓的”全球主义者之阴谋”的 |
[23:57] | “The globalist conspiracy.” | 乌合之众集结而成 |
[23:59] | They see the migration treaty | 他们视移民条约 |
[24:00] | as an attempt to undermine national sovereignty | 为一种削弱国家主权的企图 |
[24:02] | and so-called “Ethnic purity.” | 也就是所谓的”种族纯粹” |
[24:04] | So we’re looking at | 所以我们面对的是 |
[24:06] | active cells in multiple countries? | 在多个国家的激进分子 |
[24:08] | They managed to access sarin | 他们成功得到沙林毒气 |
[24:10] | and place two inside men | 并且在联合国安理会的会议上 |
[24:12] | at a U.N. Security Council meeting. | 安插了两个内鬼 |
[24:14] | So we have to assume they’re formidable. | 因此我们不能轻敌 |
[24:17] | Elizabeth, is it safe to say that our | 伊丽莎白 联合我们的盟国和友邦 |
[24:19] | allies and friends will unify against this attack? | 来共同抵御这次攻击 有把握吗 |
[24:21] | Early indications are that it’s having the opposite effect. | 早先的迹象显示这次事件起了反作用 |
[24:24] | Many European governments were | 许多欧洲政府 |
[24:25] | already afraid of their right flank. | 早就已经畏惧他们的右翼势力 |
[24:27] | This attack is forcing a choice on them. | 这次袭击事件迫使他们做出选择 |
[24:29] | Abandon their international commitments, | 要么放弃国际承诺 |
[24:31] | or risk more attacks and getting voted out. | 要么冒多次受袭而丢掉政权的风险 |
[24:34] | Russell, tell Comms | 拉塞尔 通知通讯社 |
[24:34] | I’m going to address the nation tonight. | 今晚我要向全国发表讲话 |
[24:36] | The American people need to know that we’re | 美国人民必须知道 |
[24:38] | directing all resources | 我们正动用全部资源 |
[24:39] | to stepping up security and… | 来加强安全措施 |
[24:41] | hunting these sons of bitches down. | 并抓到这些混蛋 |
[24:43] | Frank, Ephraim, I want intel briefings every two hours. | 弗兰克 埃弗兰 每两小时向我做次简报 |
[24:46] | Bess, get with our allies. | 贝丝 联系盟国 |
[24:47] | Tell them we can offer every resource they need | 告诉他们我们可以提供他们需要的任何资源 |
[24:50] | to disrupt this network and push back | 来瓦解这个组织 |
[24:52] | on this hateful ideology. Understood? | 击溃这可恶的意识形态 明白了吗 |
[24:55] | – Yes, Mr. President. – Thank you. | -明白 总统先生 -谢谢 |
[24:56] | – How did the call with France go? – Not great. | -法国那边联系得怎么样 -不太乐观 |
[24:59] | Beauvais is talking about suspending France’s | 博韦表示法国将暂停 |
[25:01] | – participation in the treaty. – She knows that’s not | -加入条约 -她知道条约 |
[25:04] | how treaties work, right? And you made it… clear | 可没有这样签的 对吗 你明确表示了 |
[25:06] | – that we are with them all the way? – Yeah, the thing is, | -我们会一直支持他们吗 -问题是 |
[25:09] | they’re not sure that we are. | 他们不能确定这一点 |
[25:11] | – What does…? – Ca-Callister released a statement. | -什么… -卡利斯特发表了声明 |
[25:13] | Uh, he’s blaming the attack on “Globalist fantasies | 他将此次袭击归咎于”全世界普通公民 |
[25:15] | “That average citizens around the world don’t want | 不希望达成 也没有投票支持的 |
[25:17] | and didn’t vote for.” Says his first priority | 全球主义幻想” 说他当选总统后的 |
[25:19] | as president will be to pull out of all such agreements. | 首要事务就是退出所有这些协定 |
[25:21] | Beauvais says that she understands that | 博韦说她明白 |
[25:22] | of course a Dalton or McCord administration | 道尔顿和麦考德政府 |
[25:24] | would have France’s back, but… | 自然会支持法国 但… |
[25:26] | she’s highly doubtful that a Callister administration would. | 她对卡利斯特政府是否会支持法国表示高度怀疑 |
[25:31] | So France is less worried about | 所以比起本国内的 |
[25:33] | white nationalist terror in their own backyard | 白人民族主义恐怖分子 |
[25:35] | than the possibility of a white nationalist | 法国更担心美国总统办公室内可能存在的 |
[25:38] | – in the Oval Office? – Can’t say that I blame them entirely. | -白人民族主义吗 -我不能说完全怪他们 |
[25:41] | How are we supposed to keep other nations | 我们要怎么样在其它国家不确定 |
[25:44] | on board when they’re not sure they can trust our word? | 是否能相信我们的情况下说服他们加入协定 |
[25:53] | 瑞士 日内瓦太平间 | |
[26:06] | Nina. Listen… | 妮娜 |
[26:08] | – did you get in touch with Peter’s kids? – Yes, ma’am, um, | -联系到彼得的孩子们了吗 -是的 国务卿 |
[26:11] | his son Kevin and daughter Brooke are standing by. | 他的儿子凯文和女儿布鲁克已经在等候了 |
[26:14] | Great, I want to give them an update | 好的 我想让他们知道 |
[26:16] | on their father’s remains. | 父亲遗体的最新情况 |
[26:17] | – Where are we on that? – Our embassy in Geneva | -情况怎么样了 -我们的驻日内瓦大使馆 |
[26:19] | has been in contact with the morgue. | 一直在与太平间联系 |
[26:21] | And they believe that Ambassador Harriman’s remains | 他们相信哈里曼大使的遗体 |
[26:25] | and effects can be decontaminated… | 和遗物很快就可以被净化… |
[26:29] | and safe for transport… very soon. | 安全运送回国 |
[26:34] | I’m so sorry, ma’am. | 抱歉 国务卿 |
[26:35] | It’s just ironic. | 真讽刺 |
[26:37] | I’m crying over a man who made me cry. | 我为一个把我弄哭的男人流眼泪 |
[26:42] | But Ambassador Harriman was actually… | 但是哈里曼大使其实… |
[26:45] | very kind to me. | 对我很好 |
[26:48] | He taught me that us working-class kids | 他教导我 我们工人阶级的孩子 |
[26:49] | need to stick together. | 应该团结一致 |
[26:52] | Well… he appreciated grit. | 他欣赏有勇气的人 |
[26:57] | That’s why he liked you. | 这也是他喜欢你的原因 |
[27:01] | Um, I’ll dial his kids in as soon as you’re ready… | 你准备好了我就把他孩子们的电话接进来… |
[27:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:28] | Konstantin, let me first say | 康斯坦丁 首先 |
[27:30] | I’m truly sorry for the loss of Ambassador Kolkin. | 我对科尔金大使的离世深表遗憾 |
[27:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:38] | Yeric and I went to school together. | 我和埃里克是同学 |
[27:40] | He probably would have held this job next after me. | 他本可能会接任我的工作 |
[27:47] | Condolences, as well, for the loss of Peter Harriman. | 我也为彼得·哈里曼的离世表示深切的慰问 |
[27:50] | Yeric and Peter. | 埃里克和彼得 |
[27:52] | Both great diplomats and patriots. | 都是伟大的外交官和爱国者 |
[27:57] | Gave their lives for this treaty. | 为这个条约奉献了他们的生命 |
[28:01] | I trust Russia will honor their memory | 我相信俄罗斯会恪守承诺 |
[28:04] | by honoring its commitment. | 以此缅怀他们 |
[28:06] | You’ve seen the demonstrations in Moscow. | 你也看到莫斯科的示威游行了 |
[28:10] | People are frightened and, uh, rightfully so. | 人心惶惶 这也很正常 |
[28:13] | Is it the Russian people who are afraid? | 是俄罗斯人民感到害怕 |
[28:16] | Or the politicians? | 还是政客们 |
[28:18] | What do you mean by that? | 你这话是什么意思 |
[28:20] | After the White House was attacked, | 白宫被袭击以后 |
[28:21] | I warned you that Russia’s signal-boosting | 我警告过你 俄罗斯助推这种意识形态的信号 |
[28:24] | of this kind of ideology would come home to roost one day. | 迟早有一天会自食其果 |
[28:27] | What are you saying? | 你在说什么 |
[28:29] | You fed a monster and now you’ve lost control of it. | 你们养了一只怪物 现在已经控制不住它了 |
[28:32] | That you could say such a thing… | 在我不得不慰问他的遗孀之后… |
[28:34] | after I had to consult his widow? | 你竟然说出这样的话 |
[28:37] | Konstantin. | 康斯坦丁 |
[28:39] | We all knew… there were risks | 我们都知道… 在推动条约的过程中 |
[28:41] | when we embarked on this treaty. | 会有风险 |
[28:43] | But we can’t let these murderers use chaos | 但我们不能让这些杀人犯利用混乱 |
[28:46] | and fear to undermine global stability. | 和恐惧破坏全球稳定 |
[28:49] | Russia must stand up. | 俄罗斯必须站起来 |
[28:51] | Ironic that you decry | 讽刺的是你在谴责 |
[28:53] | the evils of nationalism abroad while… | 国外民族主义罪行的同时… |
[28:56] | Owen Callister’s running for president? | 欧文·卡利斯特在竞选总统吗 |
[28:58] | – Yeah, I’ve heard this one. – But, | -是 我听说了 -但是 |
[28:59] | that is the problem with your so-called… | 这就是你所谓的… |
[29:02] | “Free speech.” | “言论自由”的问题了 |
[29:04] | It’s just another weapon… | 这是另一种… |
[29:07] | that can be bought and sold | 像卡拉什尼科夫[AK47]一样 |
[29:09] | as easily as a Kalashnikov. | 可以轻易买卖的武器 |
[29:14] | Excuse me… | 失陪… |
[29:16] | but I have a funeral to attend. | 我还要参加一个葬礼 |
[29:19] | Goodbye, Madam Secretary. | 再见 国务卿女士 |
[29:23] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[29:24] | I may have been wrong about this whole thing. | 也许对整件事我都是错的 |
[29:27] | Whatever the thing is, I doubt it. | 不管是什么事 我不信 |
[29:30] | The treaty. | 条约 |
[29:32] | I’m trying to create this… | 我在全球性威胁的面前… |
[29:35] | collective action in the face of worldwide threats. | 试图组织联合行动 |
[29:38] | Like, the entire liberal world order? | 你是说 整个自由的世界秩序吗 |
[29:42] | Man, you did have a rough day. | 天啊 你今天可真不顺 |
[29:43] | I think I get it. | 我想是的 |
[29:44] | People’s lives being shaped by these huge, | 人们的生命由这种自己都不明所以的 |
[29:48] | remote forces that they don’t understand. | 遥远而巨大的力量所塑造 |
[29:50] | Maybe Callister’s tapping into something | 也许卡利斯特深入挖掘的 |
[29:53] | that we ignore at our peril. | 正是我们忽略的风险 |
[29:55] | For almost all our history as a species, | 长久以来 作为一个物种 |
[29:57] | humans have roamed around in small bands. | 人类以小规模群居的形式游荡 |
[30:00] | Maybe we’re… just not wired to comprehend | 也许我们只是不擅于理解 |
[30:03] | such a vast… | 这样大规模… |
[30:06] | abstract social system. | 抽象的社会体系 |
[30:08] | When our problems become ever vaster | 当我们的问题变得更大 |
[30:11] | – and more abstract… – Like climate change. | -更抽象… -比如气候变化 |
[30:14] | …people lash out. | …人们会抓狂 |
[30:16] | You know what else is bugging me? | 你知道困扰我的另一个问题是什么吗 |
[30:17] | I get why Avdonin brought Callister up… | 我能理解为什么阿多宁提起卡利斯特 |
[30:21] | but he said this thing about… | 但是他还说 |
[30:23] | how… free speech was like a weapon | 言论自由就像武器 |
[30:26] | that could be bought and sold. | 可以买卖 |
[30:28] | I mean, it almost seemed like he was saying | 他的意思 就像是在说 |
[30:30] | Callister… | 卡利斯特 |
[30:33] | had been bought and sold. | 已经被收买了 |
[30:36] | Do you think that could be true? | 你觉得有没有这个可能 |
[30:37] | Why would Avdonin tell me? | 不然阿多宁为什么要和我说这个 |
[30:39] | Wouldn’t Russia want leverage on Callister? | 俄罗斯的难道不会想利用卡利斯特吗 |
[30:42] | Maybe they’re playing a game. Running an op on you. | 这可能是他们的计谋 针对你的 |
[30:45] | Undermine Americans’ faith in the system | 通过让我指控卡利斯特勾结俄罗斯 |
[30:48] | by getting me to accuse Callister | 来撼动美国人民 |
[30:50] | of being in Russia’s pocket. | 对系统的信仰 |
[30:53] | But what if he is? | 如果他真的勾结了呢 |
[30:55] | Well, then it doesn’t matter | 那阿多宁向我透露这个信息的动机 |
[30:57] | why Avdonin told me. | 就不重要了 |
[30:59] | Our democracy is at risk. | 我们的民主面临着风险 |
[31:01] | Babe, I think you got to | 亲爱的 我觉得你应该 |
[31:02] | loop in the IC. | 向情报部门汇报 |
[31:03] | Read Ephraim in. | 告知埃弗兰 |
[31:06] | I’ve never wanted to be wrong about something | 我从来没有像现在这样 |
[31:08] | this badly. | 希望自己猜错 |
[31:33] | – Mr. President. – Elizabeth. | -总统先生 -伊丽莎白 |
[31:35] | What’s going on? Have we caught them? | 情况如何 抓到人了吗 |
[31:37] | We’re running down leads. | 我们正在追踪线索 |
[31:38] | That’s a different briefing. | 现在要说的是另一件事 |
[31:40] | You ready to get read in on something tricky? | 有没有准备好听个坏消息 |
[31:46] | I passed on your conversation with Foreign Minister Avdonin | 我昨晚把你和阿多宁外长的交谈内容 |
[31:49] | to the FBI last night. | 提交给了联调局 |
[31:50] | It provided a piece to a case | 它为我们一直以来在调查的一个事件 |
[31:52] | we’ve been building for some time. | 提供了证据 |
[31:54] | We have strong evidence that | 我们有充足的证据证明 |
[31:56] | Owen Callister’s campaign manager, | 欧文· 卡利斯特的竞选经理 |
[31:58] | Dan Finnerty, | 丹·芬纳蒂 |
[31:59] | has been funneling money from Russian oligarchs | 长期从俄罗斯政治寡头处将资金 |
[32:01] | into Callister’s super PAC. | 转移到卡利斯特的政治行动委员会 |
[32:02] | We’ll be arresting him later today. | 我们今天晚些时候就会对他实施逮捕 |
[32:04] | Was Callister in the loop? | 卡利斯特知情吗 |
[32:06] | Based on the evidence, DOJ will announce they’re opening | 基于所掌握的证据 司法部将会宣布 |
[32:09] | an investigation into the senator, too. | 对参议员展开调查 |
[32:10] | Due to the inherently political nature of the case, | 由于这一事件本身在政治方面牵涉很深 |
[32:13] | we’re concerned that Callister | 我们担心 卡利斯特可能会称 |
[32:14] | may cry witch hunt and come after you. | 这是政治迫害 并且赖到你头上 |
[32:17] | Let him. | 让他冲我来 |
[32:18] | He’s the traitor, not me. | 他才是叛徒 不是我 |
[32:20] | So, now we know | 现在我们知道了 |
[32:21] | why so many of Callister’s positions | 为什么卡利斯特的诸多立场 |
[32:23] | line up so conveniently with Russia’s, but… | 都与俄罗斯一致 但是 |
[32:27] | why is Avdonin selling him out? | 阿多宁为什么要把他供出来 |
[32:29] | One theory is | 有一种猜测是 |
[32:30] | that the Russians somehow caught wind that Callister’s | 俄罗斯听说 卡利斯特 |
[32:34] | under suspicion, and this is an attempt at damage control. | 已经被怀疑 所以这是及时止损 |
[32:40] | I think he’s about to attend the funeral of a dear friend, | 我认为 他马上就要参加一个挚友的葬礼 |
[32:44] | and can see the shape of things to come. | 他觉得支持民族主义没有好结果 |
[32:47] | Hopefully, this drives a stake | 我希望 这件事能往卡利斯特心上 |
[32:49] | through Callister’s heart. | 扎上重重一刀 |
[32:50] | I want you to be president, too, | 我也支持你当总统 |
[32:52] | but that’s cold-blooded, even for me. | 但我都觉得你这话太冷血了 |
[32:54] | Our treaty partners are using | 我们在条约一事上的同伴 |
[32:56] | Callister’s potential presidency to back away. | 正在以卡利斯特可能当选总统为借口退出 |
[32:59] | If he’s gone, we get our partners back | 如果他出局 那我们就能让他们回来 |
[33:02] | and the United States can lead again. | 美国又能重新主导条约 |
[33:05] | I mean, I’ll-I’ll wait until the news about | 等竞选经理的新闻 |
[33:07] | the campaign manager breaks, | 爆出来之后 |
[33:09] | and then I want to make some phone calls. | 我会开始联络各国 |
[33:11] | Thank you, Bess. | 多谢 贝丝 |
[33:13] | After the arrest of his campaign manager on suspicion | 欧文·卡利斯特的竞选经理因涉嫌 |
[33:16] | of soliciting illegal campaign funds from Russia, | 从俄罗斯吸纳非法竞选资金被捕 |
[33:22] | into the candidate himself, | 展开调查 |
[33:23] | Kentucky Senator Owen Callister | 这位肯塔基州参议员随后 |
[33:25] | made a surprising announcement. | 宣布了一个惊人的消息 |
[33:27] | This is a politically motivated witch hunt | 这是道尔顿政府设计的一场 |
[33:29] | from the Dalton administration | 有预谋的政治迫害 |
[33:30] | trying to clear the path for Elizabeth McCord… | 目的是为伊丽莎白·麦考德扫清障碍 |
[33:32] | Wait, hold on a second, Jay. | 稍等一下 杰伊 |
[33:33] | – …to be handed the presidency. – Hold on. | -以便将总统之位交到她手上 -稍等 |
[33:35] | That said, I am hereby announcing | 因此 我在此宣布 |
[33:38] | I am suspending my presidential campaign… | 退出总统竞选 |
[33:40] | Yeah. | 太棒了 |
[33:41] | I have been waiting all day to watch and savor that. | 我等了一天了就等你这句话 |
[33:46] | America dodged a bullet. | 美国躲过一劫 |
[33:47] | For now. Yeah. | 暂时 你继续说 |
[33:50] | Well, let’s– I mean, yeah, it’s good news. | 我们 确实是好消息 |
[33:53] | So we’ll follow up with her tomorrow, okay? | 我们明天继续跟进 好吧 |
[33:57] | Nice work, Jay. | 干得好 杰伊 |
[33:58] | Really. Thank you. Night. | 真的 谢谢你 晚安 |
[34:02] | Well, I guess the news of Callister’s… whatever | 我猜 卡利斯特的这新闻 |
[34:07] | made its way back to France. | 传到法国了 |
[34:09] | Beauvais said they’re back in | 博韦说 他们会重新回到 |
[34:11] | on the treaty, so… | 条约的谈判中来 所以 |
[34:14] | Well, hey, that’s great news. | 这可是天大的好消息 |
[34:16] | Uh, it is. It is. | 确实 没错 |
[34:19] | And yet… you’re not smiling. What…? | 但是 你还是愁眉苦脸的 怎么 |
[34:22] | Well, other countries are still on the fence, | 其他国家都还在观望 |
[34:26] | including Russia, who, | 包括俄罗斯 |
[34:27] | whatever their reason for giving up Callister, | 不管他们出于什么目的放弃了卡利斯特 |
[34:30] | are still covertly backing him to influence our politics. | 但其实还是在暗中支持他影响美国政治 |
[34:35] | I’m trying to get this treaty passed. | 我希望这个条约能够通过 |
[34:38] | Got good people like Peter Harriman killed. | 像彼得·哈里曼那样的好人因此丢了性命 |
[34:41] | And the group that did it is still at large, | 但下了黑手的那群人却仍然逍遥法外 |
[34:43] | and their ideology is on the march. | 他们的意识形态还在不断扩大影响 |
[34:46] | When we should all be working together to try | 在这个我们应该齐心协力 |
[34:48] | and save our existence on this planet, | 为在这个星球上继续生存而努力的时候 |
[34:51] | we’re getting bogged down by petty tribalism. | 却被这小小的部落主义所阻碍 |
[34:54] | Politics just feels like an ugly joke. | 政治就像一场丑陋的闹剧 |
[35:02] | I’m going out. | 我出去一下 |
[35:04] | – Bye, sweetheart. – Have a good time. | -再见 宝贝 -玩得开心 |
[35:06] | – Have fun. – Bye. | -玩得开心 -拜拜 |
[35:10] | I’m starting to look forward to the serene quietude | 我开始期待鱼类公厕里的 |
[35:14] | of the fish toilet. | 宁静时光了 |
[35:17] | Yeah. | 是吧 |
[35:19] | Might want to wait on that. | 这计划可能得缓缓了 |
[35:23] | I’ve been thinking… | 我在想… |
[35:27] | Sorry for the random text. | 抱歉给你发了莫名其妙的消息 |
[35:29] | “What if the world actually is ending?” | “如果世界末日真的就要来临了怎么办” |
[35:31] | I know. It’s like the bleakest booty call ever. | 我知道 大概是最烂的约炮短信了 |
[35:36] | Is that what this is? | 是这么回事吗 |
[35:37] | No. | 不是 |
[35:38] | It’s more of, like, a… | 这更像是 一个 |
[35:40] | an emotional… non-booty call? | 只是一个需要安慰情绪的 非约炮电话 |
[35:45] | Lucky you. | 你运气真好 |
[35:51] | I’m just so tired of feeling… | 我只是厌倦了那种感觉… |
[35:54] | Triggered? Sad? | 被触动 悲伤 |
[35:56] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[35:58] | Don’t ever feel bad about being nice, Blake. | 别为自己的善良难过 布莱克 |
[36:05] | Real friends? | 还是真朋友 |
[36:07] | Yeah. Real friends. Come on. | 是啊 真朋友 进来吧 |
[36:09] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[36:17] | So… | 所以 |
[36:18] | what’s this about? Sounded pretty urgent. | 怎么了 你在电话里似乎很急 |
[36:25] | Well, you said if I changed my mind, | 你说过如果我改变主意了 |
[36:27] | you’d tear up my letter of resignation. | 你可以把我的辞职信撕掉 |
[36:31] | You’ve already announced it. | 但你已经宣布辞职了 |
[36:32] | Things have changed. | 情况不一样了 |
[36:35] | Everything we’ve fought for, | 我们奋斗这么久得到的 |
[36:38] | sacrificed for, | 牺牲这么多才换来的 |
[36:40] | is all under attack at the moment. | 所有一切都在被人攻击 |
[36:43] | I just can’t see | 我只是做不到 |
[36:44] | my way to shaking hands at county fairs right now. | 现在到小集市上到处拉票 |
[36:48] | Please allow me | 请您允许我 |
[36:49] | to rescind my resignation, | 撤销我的辞职申请 |
[36:52] | sir. | 先生 |
[37:03] | I can’t do that. | 我不能那样做 |
[37:06] | Wait, I’m sorry. Are you… | 等等 对不起 你… |
[37:08] | We are under attack. | 我们是受到了攻击 |
[37:10] | And I do still need your help. | 我确实也需要你的帮助 |
[37:13] | So does your country. | 但我们的国家也需要你 |
[37:15] | To preserve and build on what we’ve done. | 去保护我们的成果并再建辉煌 |
[37:19] | My fight’s today. | 今天是我在战斗 |
[37:22] | Yours is tomorrow. | 明天就是你去战斗了 |
[37:24] | So… | 所以 |
[37:27] | I’ll be keeping this. | 我会一直保留着 |
[37:41] | Thank you for your service, Madam Secretary. | 谢谢你为国效力 国务卿女士 |
[37:44] | And Godspeed. | 祝你好运 |
[37:47] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你 总统先生 |
[37:56] | You know… | 你知道吗 |
[38:00] | I’d give my right arm to go to a county fair. | 为了能去小集市逛逛 我可是在所不惜 |
[38:28] | You know, your dad had this great line about himself… | 你们父亲有句经典的话用来说他自己 |
[38:31] | All his best lines were. | 他的所有话都很经典 |
[38:34] | He said,” I tend to inspire strong reactions, | 他说过 我倾向于在勉强的尊重和 |
[38:38] | “Usually somewhere between grudging respect | 彻底的敌意之间 |
[38:40] | and outright hostility.” | 激发强烈的反应 |
[38:43] | Sounds like Dad. | 是他的风格 |
[38:44] | And he was right. | 而且他没说错 |
[38:46] | Because I respected the hell out of him. | 因为我特别尊重他 |
[38:49] | He felt the same way about you. | 他也特别尊重您 |
[38:53] | He’d have wanted you to have this. | 他会想让你保管这个的 |
[39:00] | Thank you. I will cherish it. | 谢谢 我会珍惜的 |
[39:04] | Memorial’s ready to start when you are, ma’am. | 纪念仪式已经准备好了 国务卿 |
[39:07] | We’ll see you out there. | 我们在外面等您 |
[39:24] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[39:27] | On the night Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated, | 马丁·路德·金博士遇刺那天晚上 |
[39:31] | Robert Kennedy consoled a stunned, | 罗伯特·肯尼迪引用了一位希腊诗人的话 |
[39:34] | heartbroken crowd in Indianapolis | 慰藉印第安纳波利斯 |
[39:37] | with the words of a Greek poet. | 所有受惊的 伤心的人民群众 |
[39:40] | “Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget | 即使在我们的睡梦中 无法忘却的痛苦 |
[39:44] | 麦考德农场 弗吉尼亚州 两个月后 | |
[39:44] | “Falls drop by drop upon the heart, | 也会一滴一滴地落在心上 |
[39:48] | “Until in our own despair, against our will, | 直到我们意志不能控制地绝望 |
[39:53] | comes wisdom, through the awful grace of God.” | 才能通过可怕的上帝的恩典获得智慧 |
[39:59] | 35 years ago, | 三十五年前 |
[40:02] | on a road not far from here, | 离这儿不远的路上 |
[40:02] | 编辑短信Elizabeth 发送至11905 | |
[40:04] | a driver lost control of his car, | 一位司机因为车子失控 |
[40:07] | and crashed into another belonging | 撞上了一辆坐着 |
[40:09] | to Ben and Suzanne Adams. | 本·亚当斯和苏珊·亚当斯的车子 |
[40:12] | My parents were my sun and moon. | 我的父母是我的太阳和月亮 |
[40:18] | I was 15. | 那时我15岁 |
[40:21] | My brother Will was 13. | 我弟弟威尔13岁 |
[40:24] | And we were suddenly all alone in the world | 突然我们变得孤单 |
[40:27] | with no one to light our way. | 没有人照亮我们的路 |
[40:29] | But here’s the wisdom | 但就是从那天起 |
[40:31] | that came to me from that day. | 我获得了智慧 |
[40:35] | We weren’t alone. | 我们并不孤单 |
[40:37] | We had aunts and uncles, | 我们有叔叔阿姨 |
[40:40] | cousins, friends, teachers and coaches, | 兄弟姐妹 朋友 老师 教练 |
[40:43] | members of our church. | 教会的朋友 |
[40:47] | That hard-won wisdom | 那些来之不易的智慧 |
[40:49] | is what Abraham Lincoln called | 就是亚伯拉罕·林肯所说的 |
[40:51] | “The better angels of our nature.” | 人性中的善良天使 |
[40:54] | Empathy, compassion, family, | 同理心 同情心 家人 |
[40:58] | friends, community. | 朋友 社区 |
[40:59] | It’s not about me, it’s about us. | 这不仅仅关乎我一个人 而是大家 |
[41:03] | And it’s that idea that brings me before you today. | 正是这个想法让我今天能够站在你们面前 |
[41:08] | In the very first line | 我们宪法中 |
[41:09] | of the Constitution, “We the people…” | 第一行写道 “我们人民…” |
[41:13] | When those words were written, | 当这些话第一次被写下的时候 |
[41:14] | the idea that a country could be | 一个国家完全 |
[41:17] | governed by its citizens seemed | 由公民来统治的想法似乎 |
[41:19] | revolutionary. Impossible. | 是革命性的 是不可能的 |
[41:23] | But for almost 250 years, the United States | 但差不多二百五十年来 |
[41:27] | has done just that, the impossible. | 美国做到了 做到了不可能的事 |
[41:31] | I know we face problems so big that solving them | 我知道我们所面临的问题很大 要想解决 |
[41:34] | seems like a moon shot. | 和登上月球一样难 |
[41:36] | But we’re the country that sent men to the Moon. | 但是把人类送上月球的正是我们的国家 |
[41:39] | We are the envy of our rivals, | 我们让对手嫉妒 |
[41:43] | the hope of the oppressed, | 我们是被压迫者的希望 |
[41:45] | the sword and shield | 我们是所有自由人的 |
[41:47] | of free people everywhere. | 利刃和盾牌 |
[41:50] | We the people. | 我们就是人民 |
[41:52] | It’s up to us, | 由我们做主 |
[41:54] | all of us. | 我们所有人 |
[41:56] | So join me, America, | 所以 美国 请和我一起 |
[41:58] | in achieving the impossible together. | 一起实现不可能 |
[42:01] | That is at the very heart | 这就是这场伟大的 |
[42:03] | of this great American experiment. | 美国实验最核心的内容 |
[42:06] | And that is why, today | 这就是为什么我要在今天 |
[42:09] | I am officially announcing | 正式宣布 |
[42:10] | my candidacy to be president of the United States. | 竞选美国总统 |