时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | 白宫 华盛顿 | |
[00:04] | – Morning everyone. – Morning. | -各位早上好 -早上好 |
[00:07] | The Senate Intelligence Committee will begin | 参议员情报委员会将展开 |
[00:08] | its investigation into the McCord campaign | 麦考德竞选的调查 定于今天下午 |
[00:11] | this afternoon with a closed hearing | 与总统的律师以及 |
[00:12] | with counselor to the president | 前竞选经理迈克尔·巴诺 |
[00:14] | and former campaign manager Michael Barnow. | 召开闭门听证会 |
[00:16] | While President McCord is wholly confident that | 尽管麦考德总统有百分之百的把握 |
[00:19] | the Senate Intelligence Committee will find | 参议员情报委员会将不会发现任何证据 |
[00:20] | no evidence whatsoever to support | 可以支持 |
[00:22] | Senator Hanson’s claims that the McCord campaign | 汉森参议员所谓麦考德的竞选 |
[00:25] | cooperated with Iran’s interference in the election, | 与伊朗干涉大选相勾结的指控 |
[00:28] | she respects and supports Congress’ right | 她尊重并支持国会对执法部门 |
[00:30] | to oversee the executive branch, | 监督的权力 |
[00:32] | and pledges full cooperation. | 并将全力配合调查 |
[00:34] | President McCord’s historic education, science, | 麦考德总统具有划时代意义的 |
[00:37] | and infrastructure bill passed with bipartisan support | 《教育科学和基础设施法案》获得了两党支持 |
[00:39] | in Congress last week, and is moving forward. | 于上周获得通过 并进入下面的环节 |
[00:42] | Finally, following a long-standing white House tradition, | 最后 秉承白宫的悠久传统 |
[00:44] | President McCord will throw out the first pitch | 麦考德总统将在本周花旗球场举行的 |
[00:46] | for the New York Mets’ opening game at Citi Field this week. | 纽约大都会队的首场比赛中开球 |
[00:50] | I’m told Syndergaard better watch his back. | 辛德加要小心点了 |
[00:52] | I’ll take questions. | 下面我来回答问题 |
[00:54] | – Daisy. Daisy. – Steve, go ahead. | -黛西 -史蒂夫 你问吧 |
[00:56] | This morning saw three major demonstrations | 今天早上有三个针对基础设施法案中 |
[00:58] | protesting the severe hike in gas prices | 新的汽油税所引发的汽油价格暴涨的 |
[01:00] | brought on by the new gas tax in the infrastructure bill. | 重大游行示威 |
[01:03] | How does President McCord respond to the criticism | 麦考德总统如何回应这个税收 |
[01:05] | that this tax unfairly burdens lower-income Americans? | 对低收入美国人民带来不公平的负担的指责 |
[01:08] | The president is very aware that Americans are | 总统对于国民本周加油时的 |
[01:10] | feeling it at the pump this week. | 感受非常了解 |
[01:12] | As tough as it is, it’s important to keep in mind | 尽管的确很难接受 重要的是我们要记得 |
[01:14] | that this is a short-term hardship | 这短暂的痛苦 |
[01:16] | that will lead to long-term gains. | 将带来长期的收益 |
[01:18] | It’s also true that the recent oil refinery fire | 另外最近费城外面炼油厂的火灾 |
[01:21] | outside Philadelphia | 也确实造成了 |
[01:22] | caused a spike in fuel prices | 东部各州 |
[01:24] | – in many eastern states. – Daisy. Daisy. | -油价的上涨 -黛西 |
[01:27] | Keira. | 凯拉 |
[01:27] | This morning’s poll in the Washington Chronicle | 《华盛顿纪事报》今早的民意调查 |
[01:30] | show’s President McCord’s lowest approval rating | 显示麦考德总统的支持率下降到任职以来的 |
[01:32] | since she took office. | 最低点 |
[01:34] | Is the president concerned that the controversial | 总统是否担心富有争议的 |
[01:36] | gas tax is responsible for the drop? | 汽油税引起的支持率下降呢 |
[01:38] | Well, the ESI bill is | 《教育科学和基础设施法案》是 |
[01:39] | the most sweeping legislation since the New Deal. | 是罗斯福新政以来支持率最高的法案 |
[01:42] | And it’s gonna take months and years | 该法案的效果惠及每个社区 |
[01:43] | before its effects will reach every community. | 将是数月甚至数年以后的事 |
[01:46] | A poll is just one moment in time. | 民意调查只是某个时点的情况 |
[01:47] | But the point the protesters are making is that | 但示威者的观点是 |
[01:49] | a uniform fuel tax puts a greater burden | 统一的燃油税给较低收入的美国人 |
[01:51] | on lower-income Americans, | 带来更大的负担 |
[01:53] | and it should be replaced by a tax commensurate with income. | 应该被与收入挂钩的税法所取代 |
[01:55] | Again, the minimal fuel tax is being temporarily inflated | 再说一遍 由于炼油厂的火灾事故 |
[01:58] | due to the recent oil refinery accident. | 最低水平的燃油税的影响被暂时性调高了 |
[02:01] | So-so you’re saying the protesters are overreacting? | 所以你的意思是示威者的反应过激了吗 |
[02:04] | Of course not, Frank. | 当然不是这个意思 法兰克 |
[02:05] | When do you expect the prices to go down? | 你预计油价何时会降下来 |
[02:06] | I don’t have projections on that. | 对此我没有预测 |
[02:08] | Why is the president throwing out | 总统为什么要投出 |
[02:09] | the first pitch for the Mets? | 大都会队的第一球 |
[02:10] | Does she have a special connection to the team? | 她与该队有什么特殊的关系吗 |
[02:11] | Well, as president of the United States, | 作为美国总统 |
[02:13] | she supports every great American team. | 她支持每一支伟大的美国球队 |
[02:15] | And also, the Mets worked with her schedule. | 另外 大都会队的比赛时她正好有空 |
[02:17] | Thanks, everyone, that’s all. | 谢谢大家 今天就到这里 |
[02:20] | I can admit when I’m wrong. | 当我犯错的时候我可以承认 |
[02:23] | Are we taking this healthy thing too far? | 我们是不是健康得过头了 |
[02:26] | I wouldn’t call it wrong. | 错倒是没错 |
[02:27] | It’s just a lot of chewing. | 就是嚼起来真费劲 |
[02:32] | You know, you could get your chief of staff | 你可以让你的幕僚长 |
[02:34] | to bring us some of those dumplings. | 给我们带点饺子来 |
[02:36] | The fried ones from Imperial Palace. | 皇宫酒店的煎饺 |
[02:38] | Sneak it right by the kitchen. Chef Cindy will never know. | 从厨房偷偷带进来 辛迪厨师不会发现的 |
[02:41] | It’s almost like we both worked in intelligence. | 好像我们俩都干过特工似的 |
[02:46] | Oh, it’s just growing pains. | 这不过是过程中的痛苦 |
[02:48] | Madam President? | 总统女士 |
[02:49] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[02:50] | Oh, you’re just in time for | 你来得正好 |
[02:51] | ancient grains and, uh, | 来点全谷物和 |
[02:53] | marinated tofu. | 卤豆腐 |
[02:55] | Yeah, I’m cutting back. | 我在减肥呢 |
[02:58] | – Russia briefing. – Right. | -俄罗斯简报 -好的 |
[03:00] | Yeah. Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[03:01] | Where did I leave that binder? | 我把文件夹给放哪了 |
[03:03] | Bedside table. You really should find | 床头柜 你真的应该 |
[03:04] | some lighter bedtime reading, babe. | 找点轻松的东西睡前看 宝贝 |
[03:06] | No. Actually, it was great. | 不用 其实这个挺好的 |
[03:08] | State is killing it on this deal with Russia. | 国务院做的俄罗斯协议上简直太棒了 |
[03:11] | You’re killing it as well, ma’am. | 您也很棒 总统女士 |
[03:13] | He has to be nice to me now. It’s weird, right? | 他现在对我必须甜言蜜语 挺怪的吧 |
[03:15] | Well, he is right. | 他说得对 |
[03:16] | ESI was a huge victory. | 《教育科学和基础设施法案》是伟大的胜利 |
[03:18] | Yeah. Not for everyone. | 对有些人可不是 |
[03:23] | Honeymoon’s over. | 蜜月期结束了 |
[03:25] | At least 40% of the country’s gonna hate you | 任何时候都会有至少40%的国人讨厌你 |
[03:27] | at any given time, you might as well get used to it. | 你最好适应这一点 |
[03:32] | I was thinking about responding to the protests. | 我在想对这些示威做出回应 |
[03:35] | You know, explain the long-term benefits | 给他们讲讲这项法案的 |
[03:37] | – of the bill. – It already passed. | -长期好处 -法案已经通过了 |
[03:40] | People hear a president talking about taxes, | 大家听到总统讲税收的事 |
[03:42] | that’s all they hear. | 就听不见别的了 |
[03:43] | Yeah, well, that’s all they’re talking about as is. | 那是因为他们只关心这个 |
[03:46] | I mean, we’re losing the message. | 我们的讯息没有传递到位 |
[03:48] | Well, then, let Daisy face the firing squad. | 那让黛西去面对行刑队吧 |
[03:50] | That’s her job. | 那是她的工作 |
[03:52] | Elizabeth is the one that talked the Russians into | 是伊丽莎白说服俄罗斯人 |
[03:54] | de-alerting their nukes, Russell. | 取消核武器警报的 拉塞尔 |
[03:55] | Why not let her get out there? | 为什么不让她出面呢 |
[03:57] | Because she’s not a diplomat anymore. | 因为她已经不再是外交官了 |
[04:00] | She’s a leader. | 她现在是领袖了 |
[04:01] | Leaders don’t negotiate with protesters, it looks… | 领袖不会去和示威者谈判 那会看着… |
[04:05] | – Responsive? – Weak. | -反应迅速 -软弱 |
[04:09] | You ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[04:10] | By all means, let’s go hold hands | 当然了 我们去和几个 |
[04:12] | with a bunch of protesters | 连开银行户头都不会的 |
[04:14] | who don’t know how to open a savings account. | 示威者握握手 |
[04:18] | I need the briefing materials for the meeting | 我需要与商务部长开会用的 |
[04:20] | with the secretary of commerce. | 汇报材料 |
[04:22] | And cancel my lunch with Senator Baker. | 然后把我与贝克尔参议员约的午餐取消掉 |
[04:26] | Reschedule it for after the Russian signing. | 重新约到与俄罗斯的签字仪式以后 |
[04:28] | Where are we with the head count | 签约仪式的 |
[04:29] | on the signing ceremony? | 出席人数怎么样了 |
[04:32] | Sorry. Yes, they’re waiting for you. | 抱歉 他们在等您呢 |
[04:35] | Did you hear anything I just said? | 我刚才说的你都听见了吗 |
[04:37] | Mr. Barnow asked me to wear these. He says | 巴诺先生让我戴的 他说 |
[04:39] | all assistants are leakier than his grandfather’s dinghy. | 所有的助理的嘴都没个把门的 |
[04:42] | But I assure you, I would never offer | 不过我向您保证 我不会 |
[04:44] | confidential information to any… | 把保密信息向任何人… |
[04:46] | I’m confused. | 我有点晕了 |
[04:48] | Did we cooperate with the Iran hack or not? | 我们到底有没有和伊朗的黑客合作 |
[04:51] | Good morning. We did not. | 早上好 我们没有 |
[04:52] | Then why the hell do I have | 那我为什么无缘无故收到 |
[04:54] | 22 pages of strategy | 为参议员情报委员会 |
[04:56] | for a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing about nothing? | 听证会所准备的22页战略要点 |
[04:59] | Obviously, this is pure theater. | 很明显 这就是彻头彻尾的作秀 |
[05:01] | But with Mike’s unusual position at State | 但鉴于麦克在国务院的特殊地位 |
[05:03] | and some of his relationships, | 以及他的一些关系 |
[05:04] | we wanted to think through every angle. | 我们得把所有的角度都考虑到 |
[05:05] | Is there anything to worry about? | 有什么需要担心的地方吗 |
[05:06] | Is it ever pretty when some puffed-up senator | 每当某个自以为是的参议员想要 |
[05:08] | wants to play Jimmy Stewart and shine a light on the operatives | 像詹姆斯·史都华那样把真正让国家运转的人 |
[05:11] | who actually make this country run? | 爆料出来时 情况能好看吗 |
[05:12] | I never crossed any lines, and I definitely didn’t | 我从没有违反过任何规定 我也绝对没有 |
[05:15] | help Iran hack into somebody’s divorce records, | 帮助伊朗黑进谁的离婚记录 |
[05:17] | if for no other reason than I wouldn’t want anyone | 别的理由不说 我自己就不想有人 |
[05:18] | to hack into mine. | 侵入到我的记录里去 |
[05:19] | That’s actually not a bad argument. | 其实这个理由还挺不错的 |
[05:20] | Well, keep it minimal in there. | 少说为妙 |
[05:23] | You want political theater? Let’s bore ’em to death. | 你想要来场政治作秀 那我们就把他们闷死 |
[05:25] | The president made it clear she wants full cooperation. | 总统说得很清楚 她想全面配合 |
[05:27] | This is Washington. | 这里是华盛顿 |
[05:28] | I can fully cooperate without giving them anything. | 我可以全面配合可什么都不告诉他们 |
[05:30] | Why is POTUS weighing in on this? | 总统为什么要在这件事上发表立场呢 |
[05:31] | I’m White House counsel, Russell. | 我是白宫法律顾问 拉塞尔 |
[05:33] | She reached out to reiterate her wishes. | 她向我反复强调过她的的立场 |
[05:35] | I thought I made it clear she’s out of the loop. | 我想我已经说得很清楚了 这事她不用参与 |
[05:38] | One leaked comment about strategy, | 这战略的事哪怕是泄露出去一个字 |
[05:39] | the press will turn it into a full-blown coverup. | 媒体就会把它变成彻头彻尾的阴谋 |
[05:42] | I haven’t read her in on anything substantive. | 我都没有和她谈过任何实质性的东西呢 |
[05:44] | She did, however, say that if questioning gets into | 但她确实说过 如果有问题问到 |
[05:47] | Mike’s time as chief of staff, she wants us to answer. | 麦克当幕僚长的阶段 她想让我们回答 |
[05:50] | Sure. Why would we bother claiming executive privilege? | 那我们为什么还要主张总统的保密特权呢 |
[05:52] | This is why I don’t want her in the loop. | 这就是我为什么不想让她牵涉进来 |
[05:55] | Don’t shoot the messenger. | 不要把气撒在带信的人身上好吗 |
[05:56] | Guys, we all serve at the pleasure. | 我们都是听命于总统的 |
[05:58] | That doesn’t mean we help her commit suicide. | 这不意味着我们要帮助她自杀 |
[06:01] | – Answer, but keep it minimal. – Yeah. | -可以回答 但是尽量少给信息 -对 |
[06:03] | And for God’s sake, stop reading her in! | 还有不要再向她汇报这事了 谢谢你们了 |
[06:10] | That is her. | 是她 |
[06:11] | Yeah, that is her. | 没错 是她 |
[06:14] | Oh, I’m sor… | 抱歉 |
[06:15] | – Griffin. Sorry. – Hey. Stevie. | -格里芬 抱歉 -你好 斯蒂芬 |
[06:17] | Sorry. I’m never sure if I should introduce myself or… | 不好意思 我不确定我该不该做自我介绍 |
[06:20] | Yeah, sure. I mean, I have the same problem all the time. | 没关系 大家都一样 |
[06:23] | Not really. Uh, thanks for meeting me. | 也不完全一样 谢谢你抽空来见我 |
[06:25] | Of course. | 不客气 |
[06:25] | I mean, thank you. | 谢谢你才对 |
[06:26] | Um, Blake had very nice things to say about you, so… | 布莱克说了你很多好话 |
[06:30] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[06:30] | That’s… Gosh, that’s funny. I always thought that | 这挺 有意思 我一直以为 |
[06:32] | he found me to be a horrible roommate. | 我在他眼里是个很糟糕的舍友 |
[06:34] | No. | 才不是 |
[06:34] | But I was a reliable baritone | 但我曾经是一个无伴奏乐团的 |
[06:36] | – in the a cappella group, so… – I see. | -优秀男中音 所以… -这样啊 |
[06:38] | …that must have made up for my poor dish washing skills. | 我洗碗不太在行 |
[06:41] | Wow, you’re even prettier in person. | 天哪 你真人比照片更漂亮 |
[06:45] | Sorry. Oh, my God, that’s a weird thing to say. | 抱歉 我的天 我在说什么 |
[06:46] | No. No, no. It’s totally fine. | 没有没有 没关系的 |
[06:49] | Forgive me. | 对不起 |
[06:51] | No, it’s… | 没事 我… |
[06:54] | I’m actually not really, like, | 我其实 |
[06:56] | used to being out in public. | 不是太习惯暴露在公众视野下 |
[06:59] | I usually just eat lunch alone at my desk and… | 我一般都一个人在办公室吃午餐 |
[07:02] | Sure, sure. Oh, you have that… | 可以想象 你有… |
[07:03] | That’s so cool, you’re with the | 这很酷啊 你是 |
[07:04] | – Human Amnesty Association. – Yeah. | -人类特赦联合会的成员 -是的 |
[07:07] | They must be really grateful for the attention. | 他们肯定很感激你给他们带去的关注度 |
[07:09] | I… hope I’m bringing more to it than just attention, | 我 其实希望我的价值不仅仅在于关注度 |
[07:13] | but they probably are, yes. | 但你说的也对 关注度肯定是一部分 |
[07:15] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[07:20] | Do you solemnly swear to give this committee | 你是否愿以上帝之名宣誓 |
[07:21] | the truth, the full truth, and nothing but the truth | 向本委员会所述均属实 且完全真实 |
[07:23] | so help you God? | 唯有事实 |
[07:24] | I do. | 我愿意宣誓 |
[07:25] | Mr. Barnow, would you describe | 巴诺先生 请描述 |
[07:27] | your position at the State Department? | 你在美国国务院担任何职 |
[07:29] | I served as Secretary’s unofficial advisor | 我的职务是国务卿的非官方顾问 |
[07:32] | and legal counsel. | 和法律顾问 |
[07:34] | This was a highly unusual position, was it not? | 这是一个非常特殊的职位 是吗 |
[07:36] | It was unusual for me in that I wasn’t paid. | 对我而言 特殊之处在于没有任何薪酬 |
[07:38] | Ah, so you were rewarded for your time | 所以 作为回报 |
[07:41] | with a senior White House position? | 你就换得了白宫的高级职位吗 |
[07:43] | Mr. Barnow was clearly a trusted advisor. | 巴诺先生是深受信任的顾问 这毋庸置疑 |
[07:45] | I think the Committee would agree | 我相信委员会也会认同 |
[07:47] | that’s pretty standard criterion for a staff position. | 这是一个相当标准的任职条件 |
[07:50] | Very well. | 不错 |
[07:51] | During your time as an unpaid, | 在你无偿担任 |
[07:52] | unofficial advisor at the State Department, | 国务院非官方顾问期间 |
[07:55] | were you privy to any negotiations | 是否曾参与 |
[07:57] | for the United States’ agreement with Iran? | 与美伊协议签订相关的任何谈判 |
[07:59] | I never reviewed any documents | 我从未审阅与该协议相关的文件 |
[08:00] | or spoke to any officials regarding that agreement. | 或与参与该事宜的官员有过任何交流 |
[08:02] | When the Secretary traveled to Tehran | 你是否知晓 |
[08:04] | for a secret meeting with Zahed Javani, | 国务卿到访德黑兰 |
[08:06] | were you aware of the trip? | 与扎何德·贾瓦尼私下会面 |
[08:07] | I was not. | 我并不知晓 |
[08:08] | In your time as Candidate McCord’s campaign manager, | 在你担任麦考德候选人的竞选经理期间 |
[08:10] | were you ever approached by anyone | 是否曾有人接触你 |
[08:12] | who offered damaging information | 向你提供有关她的竞争对手的 |
[08:15] | about any of her political opponents? | 破坏性信息 |
[08:17] | Like every campaign, | 所有竞选都一样 |
[08:18] | we contracted with a firm for oppositional research, | 我们雇佣外部公司做竞争对手调查 |
[08:20] | but we saw no need to seek or accept any information | 但我们认为没有必要寻求或接受任何 |
[08:23] | outside of that which we were already paying for. | 我们所支付的服务以外的信息 |
[08:25] | Did this research include information about | 你们的调查是否包括 |
[08:28] | Senator Miller’s extramarital affair, | 有关参议员米勒的婚外情 |
[08:31] | or his illegitimate children? | 或其私生子的相关信息 |
[08:32] | No, it did not. | 不 并不涉及 |
[08:34] | You had no knowledge whatsoever of those allegations | 在这些指控被媒体报道之前 |
[08:37] | before they were reported in the press? | 你并不知晓任何相关信息吗 |
[08:39] | I was notified the day before it was published. | 我是在事件见报前一天被告知的 |
[08:41] | Really? Because in your written testimony, | 是吗 在你的书面证词中 |
[08:44] | you stated you had no knowledge of it prior | 你声称在其公开之前 |
[08:46] | to its being published. | 并不知情 |
[08:47] | Mr. Barnow was contacted for comment the day before. | 发表前一天 媒体联系巴诺先生就此事发表意见 |
[08:51] | This is clearly what he meant | 显然这就是他所指的 |
[08:53] | by having learned of the story through the press. | 通过媒体了解到了此事 |
[09:04] | Madam President, are you concerned | 总统女士 您是否担心 |
[09:06] | about the investigation of your campaign manager? | 针对您的竞选经理的调查 |
[09:08] | What are your goals | 您即将访问黎巴嫩 |
[09:09] | for your upcoming visit to Lebanon? | 请问此次访问的目标是什么 |
[09:10] | Will you consider eliminating | 面对当前的反对抗议 |
[09:12] | the gas tax in light of the protests? | 您是否考虑废除汽油税 |
[09:16] | Listen, one of my primary initiatives in the ESI bill | 我在《教育科学和基础设施法案》中提出的倡议之一 |
[09:20] | was to wean us away from foreign oil | 就是摆脱对进口石油的依赖 |
[09:22] | and to foster the growth of renewable energy. | 同时推动可再生能源的发展 |
[09:25] | Now, I know that a lot of Americans | 我知道很多美国人民 |
[09:28] | are feeling this right now. | 现在都感受到了这种变化带来的压力 |
[09:30] | I remember when Henry and I both had long commutes, | 我还记得我和亨利曾经通勤都很远 |
[09:33] | and a spike in oil prices meant we had a lot less | 油价上涨意味着 |
[09:37] | at the end of every month. | 我们在月末的结余就会少很多 |
[09:39] | How did you get through it? | 那你们是怎么克服的呢 |
[09:41] | I mean, one of the things that we did, | 方法之一 |
[09:43] | we checked the air pressure in our tires regularly. | 我们会定期检查轮胎气压 |
[09:46] | And believe it or not, that little bit of maintenance | 不管你们信不信 这一点的保养工作 |
[09:49] | gave us a few extra miles on every tank, so… | 让我们在每次加满油之后能多跑好几公里 |
[09:53] | The point is, | 我想说的是 |
[09:55] | if we are going to address climate change head on, | 如果我们要正面迎击气候变化挑战 |
[09:59] | then we need to come together | 那我们就要从现在开始 |
[10:00] | and make these sacrifices now, | 趁还有时间 |
[10:02] | while there’s still time left. | 团结起来 做出一些必要的牺牲 |
[10:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[10:06] | Madam President, when you throw out the first pitch | 总统女士 |
[10:08] | at Citi Field, will you throw it from the stands | 您在花旗球场将从看台开球 |
[10:10] | or the mound? | 还是投球区开球 |
[10:11] | Did you ask my predecessor that question? | 你是否问过前任总统这个问题 |
[10:14] | I’m gonna do what every president | 我会遵循从自罗纳德·里根 |
[10:16] | since Ronald Reagan has done. | 流传下来的传统 |
[10:18] | I will see you on the mound. Thanks, everyone. | 投球区见 谢谢各位 |
[10:20] | Thank you, guys. That’s it. Thank you. | 谢谢大家 到此为止 谢谢 |
[10:24] | How far is it from the mound to home base? | 投球区到本垒有多远 |
[10:26] | It’s home plate, and it’s 60 feet, six inches. | 是本垒板 距离约18.4米 |
[10:29] | Now, see? Why the extra six inches? | 看吧 为什么要多出这0.4米 |
[10:45] | Uh, you’ll be introduced by | 通讯社主席 |
[10:46] | the president of the Press Association, | 加布里埃拉·门德斯会介绍您 |
[10:48] | Gabriela Mendez, then remarks for 15 minutes, | 然后是十五分钟左右的讲话 |
[10:51] | then 50 handshakes and 20 photos backstage. | 然后五十次握手和后台摄影二十张 |
[10:55] | When did presidents ever have time to play golf? | 总统们什么时候才能有时间打高尔夫 |
[10:59] | I can schedule that. | 我可以帮您安排 |
[11:00] | Mm, not this Sunday. | 这周日不行 |
[11:01] | There’s the prayer service. | 需要参加一个祷告 |
[11:04] | That’s not reading face, | 你这表情不像是随便浏览 |
[11:05] | that’s worried face. | 看上去很担忧 |
[11:07] | What? | 什么 |
[11:07] | Just an opinion piece. | 只是条评论罢了 |
[11:09] | A dumb one. | 很蠢的评论 |
[11:10] | What’s it about? | 说什么了 |
[11:11] | The comment about checking the air pressure in the tires. | 关于检查轮胎气压的 |
[11:13] | He’s trying to make it seem out of touch. | 作者试图将它扭曲为偏离主题 |
[11:16] | Okay, the reporter asked me what we did, and now | 是记者先问的我 我们当时怎么克服困难的 |
[11:19] | I’m Marie Antoinette with a pressure gauge. | 现在我成了手拿压力计的妖后 |
[11:22] | At least they’re distracted from the Senate hearings. | 至少他们的注意力被从参议院听证会上引开了 |
[11:24] | On a positive note, there’s a lot of excitement | 积极地来看 推特上还是有人很期待您的 |
[11:26] | on Twitter for your first pitch. | 第一球 |
[11:28] | That’s true. #FirstPitch is trending. | 没错 “第一球”的话题在网上很火爆 |
[11:31] | No pressure there. | 这方面没什么压力 |
[11:32] | Only tire pressure. | 只有轮胎气压 |
[11:36] | Apart from your work with members of NIAC, | 除了国家伊美事务委员会之外 |
[11:38] | have you worked with any other organizations tied to | 你是否曾在其他与伊朗存在利益关联的组织 |
[11:40] | Iranian interests? | 工作过 |
[11:42] | Senator, Mr. Barnow has already submitted a complete list | 参议员 巴诺先生已经提交了一份 |
[11:46] | – of all relevant business relationships… – Hold on, no, | -列明所有业务关系的详细清单 -等等 |
[11:48] | I-I may have, I may have forgotten one. | 有一个人可能忘了写上去了 |
[11:50] | A guy named Farhad. | 有个叫法尔哈德的 |
[11:52] | Very chatty waiter at Farhad’s Falafel. | 法尔哈德三明治店里一个很健谈的服务员 |
[11:55] | What? Money, money changed hands. | 什么 交易 自然是地下交易了 |
[11:57] | You may find this inquiry worthy of contempt, Mr. Barnow. | 巴诺先生 你可能对这个听证会嗤之以鼻 |
[12:01] | I assure you the American people do not. | 但我向你保证 美国民众不这么认为 |
[12:03] | Let’s move on to the campaign stop last July. | 我们来聊一聊去年七月 |
[12:06] | In Bangor, Maine. | 在缅因州班戈的竞选吧 |
[12:08] | A moment, please? | 请稍等 |
[12:10] | Uh, where’s, where’s he going with this? | 他这是什么意思 |
[12:12] | He’s spinning his wheels. | 他在白费力气 |
[12:14] | There was nothing illegal. Just… | 没什么违法的事情 你只要 |
[12:17] | run out the clock on it. | 把时间耗尽就行了 |
[12:19] | When you’re ready, Mr. Barnow. | 巴诺先生 等你准备好了我们就继续 |
[12:23] | In order to understand what happened in Bangor, | 班戈的事情 |
[12:25] | first, we really have to go back to Portland. | 得从波特兰说起 |
[12:28] | I can’t, | 我不行了 |
[12:28] | I can’t have another meal on the bus, I’m sorry. | 我不能继续在车上吃饭了 抱歉 |
[12:32] | Okay, we’re an hour and a half outside of Portland. | 我们现在距离波特兰一个半小时的路程 |
[12:33] | It’s 10 minutes, Mike. | 就十分钟 麦克 |
[12:34] | Okay, what you, what you need is sleep. | 好 你… 你需要的是睡觉 |
[12:37] | What I need is to work on my stump speech! | 我需要的是准备我的政治演说 |
[12:39] | There is nothing wrong with the speech. | 演讲没什么问题 |
[12:42] | People think I sound like a robot. | 大家觉得我听起来像个机器人 |
[12:44] | See, every candidate has their own version of road burn, | 每位候选人都会被东奔西跑折磨 |
[12:47] | the point at which all reserves of optimism and resilience | 在所有储备的乐观和恢复能力 |
[12:50] | are worn away by the lack of sleep, | 都被缺乏睡眠 |
[12:53] | wretched food, and a relentless schedule | 恶劣的食物和在持续的监视下 |
[12:55] | under constant scrutiny. | 不停歇的日程磨没了的时候 |
[12:57] | The danger with road burn is that it generally leads | 东奔西跑经常会 |
[13:00] | to a meltdown. | 导致崩溃 |
[13:01] | And my number one job as campaign manager | 而我作为竞选经理的主要工作 |
[13:03] | is to make sure that this meltdown | 就是要确保她不会在 |
[13:05] | did not occur in front of cameras. | 镜头面前崩溃 |
[13:06] | Hey, we really should be back on the road. | 我们真的应该继续上路了 |
[13:08] | Mike… | 麦克 |
[13:08] | Well, there’s too much radiation out here. | 这边有太多辐射了 |
[13:09] | Something you can handle with your new… | 你可以做一些… |
[13:11] | Oh, my God! Look! | 天哪 快看 |
[13:13] | And then it happened. | 然后就发生了 |
[13:14] | That poor thing. | 可怜的小家伙 |
[13:15] | Ooh… it’s still breathing. | 还有呼吸 |
[13:17] | Must’ve fallen from its nest. | 肯定是从鸟巢里掉出来的 |
[13:20] | Oh, well. Circle of life. Shall we? | 这就是生命的循环 我们走吧 |
[13:22] | Oh, bless your heart. Absolutely not. | 上帝保佑你 当然不行 |
[13:24] | We’re not leaving this creature here to die alone. | 我们不能把这小家伙留在这死掉 |
[13:28] | We’re all it has. We’ve got to do something. | 它只有我们了 我们得做点什么 |
[13:30] | All right, all right, I’ll-I’ll look up a vet. | 好吧 好吧 我去找个兽医院 |
[13:32] | Or a wildlife sanctuary. | 或者野生动物庇护所 |
[13:33] | – I’m not touching that thing. – Yes. | -我不要碰那玩意 -好 |
[13:34] | I mean, you have to remember, | 我是说你们得记得 |
[13:35] | she had just run circles around Miller | 她刚刚在市政厅辩论上 |
[13:37] | in a town hall debate. | 跟米勒周旋 |
[13:39] | And all the press could talk about | 而所有媒体在讨论的 |
[13:40] | is how she seemed “Overprepared.” | 是她怎么看起来”过度准备” |
[13:43] | The more hatred Miller spewed, | 米勒越喷发仇恨 |
[13:45] | the more his poll numbers went up, | 他的投票数越高 |
[13:46] | and there was nothing we could do about it. | 而我们对此无能为力 |
[13:48] | And somehow, rather than think about our dying campaign, | 于是与其去琢磨我们垂死挣扎的竞选 |
[13:51] | or our dying democracy, | 或是我们垂死挣扎的民主 |
[13:53] | it was easier, for a moment, to think about a dying bird. | 那时更简单的是去想一只快死的鸟 |
[13:56] | In 0.5 miles you’ll pass Apple Blossom Highway. | 800米内你会路过苹果花高速路 |
[13:58] | You couldn’t find anything closer? | 就不能找个更近点的吗 |
[13:59] | We’re ten minutes from the freeway. | 我们离高速路还有十分钟 |
[14:01] | You sure they’re open? | 你确定他们开门吗 |
[14:02] | Yes, I called ahead. They know we’re coming. | 对 我打过电话 他们知道我们要来 |
[14:03] | It’s right up here on the right. | 就在前面右手边 |
[14:04] | Oh, yeah. It’s right on the right. Right there. | 对 就在右边 那边 |
[14:06] | I was willing to indulge this, to a point. | 在一定程度上我想由她去吧 |
[14:09] | But even I had my limits. | 不过就是我也有做不到的事 |
[14:11] | I mean, isn’t there anything you can do? | 就没有什么你能做的了吗 |
[14:13] | At this point, our options | 现在这个时候 我们的选择 |
[14:14] | would be to let nature take its course, | 就只是顺其自然 |
[14:16] | or I can help things along. | 或者我帮它安乐死 |
[14:19] | Okay, I’m sorry. | 好吧 抱歉 |
[14:21] | – But we’re gonna need a second opinion. – No. No. | -不过我们需要听取第二意见 -不 |
[14:24] | We already left hundreds of donors | 我们已经把几百个捐款人 |
[14:25] | waiting for you in Portland. | 丢在波特兰等着你 |
[14:26] | – If we miss this endorsement… – I have made every stop. | -如果错过这次背书 -我每一站都停 |
[14:28] | I haven’t seen my kids in three weeks. | 我有三周没见到我的孩子们了 |
[14:30] | Beth, we have too much to do. | 贝丝 我们有太多要做的了 |
[14:30] | I’m asking for one thing. | 我就求你这一件事 |
[14:33] | – This one thing. – Excuse me. | -这一件事 -抱歉 |
[14:34] | I’m… I’m so sorry. I think she’s gone. | 我 我很抱歉 我觉得她死了 |
[14:38] | My God. | 天哪 |
[14:39] | How do we know it’s a she? | 我们怎么知道这是只母的 |
[14:40] | – Wait. – Let’s go to Bangor. | -等一下 -我们去班戈吧 |
[14:41] | One more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[14:47] | Amazing grace. | 奇异恩典 |
[14:51] | How sweet… the sound. | 何等 甘甜 |
[14:56] | And then, finally, we were on to Bangor. | 然后 我们终于出发去班戈 |
[14:59] | I’m afraid that’s all the time we have today. | 恐怕这是今天我们的全部时间 |
[15:03] | It seems Scheherazade has been interrupted. | 就像是天方夜谭被打断了 |
[15:06] | Committee will reconvene at 9:00 a.m. | 关于选举事宜相关问题的 |
[15:07] | for the pertinent facts of the event in question. | 听证会将在明早九点继续召开 |
[15:09] | – Thank you. – Round one, McCord. | -谢谢 -第一局 麦考德胜 |
[15:14] | Well, that’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[15:17] | Because H.W. was captain of his baseball team at Yale. | 因为老布什在耶鲁是棒球队长 |
[15:20] | Of course he can throw. | 他当然会投球 |
[15:21] | Yeah. The dude’s a boss. He just… He just hits the mound | 对 这家伙很厉害 他简直就是 |
[15:23] | and, like, fires it. | 投球区之王 |
[15:24] | – Show me Coolidge again. – Okay. | -再给我看看录像 -好了 |
[15:28] | Well, that’s about all we got. | 我们只能到这了 |
[15:32] | You mean it’s further than that? | 你是说要比这还远吗 |
[15:34] | A little bit. | 远一点 |
[15:36] | – Come on. – How… | -来吧 -怎么 |
[15:37] | Fire it in here, babe. | 往这扔 亲爱的 |
[15:39] | Let’s see what you can do. | 看看你能扔多远 |
[15:40] | No leaks to the press if I smash a window. | 要是我砸了窗户不许告诉媒体 |
[15:43] | You know how that story’ll go. | 你知道报道会怎么说 |
[15:44] | Uh, “Cougar-in-chief throws like a girl”? | “熟女总统像个姑娘一样投球” |
[15:47] | You did not just say that. | 你在说什么 |
[15:49] | – Cougar-in-chief? – I didn’t… I didn’t make that up. | -熟女总统 -不是 不是我编的 |
[15:52] | Are people saying that? | 人们是这么说的吗 |
[15:54] | Don’t answer that. | 别回答 |
[15:54] | Come on. No thinking. | 来吧 不想了 |
[15:57] | – Now hum it in, babe, come on. – Stop talking. | -扔球吧 亲爱的 来 -别说话 |
[16:07] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[16:08] | I broke the White House. | 我砸坏了白宫 |
[16:13] | No, that was, that was great. | 没有 那… 那挺好的 |
[16:14] | – Uh… let’s try it again. – I don’t want to. | -再试一下 -我不想 |
[16:17] | You’ve totally got this, Mom. | 你肯定能行 妈妈 |
[16:19] | Here. Here. | 来 来 |
[16:22] | Excuse me, are you a current employee of the White House? | 抱歉 你现在还是白宫的工作人员吗 |
[16:25] | Busted. | 被抓到了 |
[16:27] | I mean, seriously, though, why is your coffee so good? | 认真的 为什么你的咖啡这么好喝 |
[16:30] | That’s above your security clearance, ma’am. | 这超过了你的安全级别 女士 |
[16:33] | So, how’s it going? | 怎么样 |
[16:34] | Are you, uh, sad that you’re not working on policy? | 没能去制定政策你会难过吗 |
[16:37] | ROTUS is feeling like a promotion. | 做路特斯感觉是升职了 |
[16:40] | Plus, I still get to weigh in. | 而且 我还是能参与讨论 |
[16:42] | Wait, ROTUS? | 等等 路特斯 |
[16:44] | – Receptionist of the United States. – Oh, my God. | -美国接待员 -天哪 |
[16:47] | Are we just not going to talk about the date? | 我们不聊聊约会的事吗 |
[16:50] | Ah… well, I sort of assumed that Griffin | 我以为格里芬 |
[16:52] | had already told you. | 跟你说了 |
[16:54] | – So… – He said it was a little awkward. | -所以 -他说感觉有点尴尬 |
[16:55] | Yeah, it was like bombing a job interview. | 就像在参加一个快速应聘 |
[16:57] | Oh. Shoot, I’m sorry. | 天 抱歉 |
[16:59] | No, no, no. He was a super nice guy. | 不不不 他是个非常好的人 |
[17:03] | Really, just exactly like you said. | 真的 就跟你说的一样 |
[17:06] | Um, I don’t know, maybe… | 不知道 或许 |
[17:09] | maybe I, like, tanked it on purpose. | 或许我 是故意弄砸的 |
[17:12] | Oh… I get it. | 我知道 |
[17:13] | You are still not over me. | 你还是没忘了我 |
[17:16] | You got it. | 你说对了 |
[17:18] | Okay, so, here’s the thing: | 好吧 是这样的 |
[17:19] | first, he says to me that I’m prettier in person? | 首先 他跟我说我真人比照片更美 |
[17:23] | – Oh, how dare he? – Okay. | -他怎么敢 -好吧 |
[17:25] | But then he… he just, like, knew everything about my family. | 然后他 就是对我的家庭了如指掌 |
[17:30] | And it… it got weird. I don’t know. | 然后就变得奇怪 我不知道 |
[17:32] | You do realize your family is, like, | 你知道你的家庭是 |
[17:33] | internationally famous, right? | 世界闻名的 对吗 |
[17:35] | Well, I guess it still freaks me out. | 或许这还是吓着我了 |
[17:38] | What your mom had for breakfast is public record. | 你妈妈早上吃什么大家都知道 |
[17:40] | Look at where they live. | 看看他们住在哪 |
[17:42] | Please, if it were me, I’d be Eloise. | 要是我 我会是艾洛伊思 |
[17:43] | I’d move in, slide down the bannisters, try to get | 我会搬进来 从楼梯扶手滑下来 |
[17:45] | the Secret Service to dance with me. | 让特勤人员跟我一起跳舞 |
[17:47] | Try to get a good table at that sushi spot | 去一家我永远不可能进去的 |
[17:49] | that I can never get into. | 寿司店吃一桌好的 |
[17:51] | I get it. It’s not you. | 我知道了 那不是你 |
[17:53] | You… You work at a human rights organization, | 你在一家人权组织工作 |
[17:55] | you’re very serious and committed. | 你非常严肃和认真 |
[17:57] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[17:57] | – It’s not like I never have fun. – How would I know? | -不是我就没开心过 -我怎么知道 |
[17:59] | You haven’t posted on Instagram since the campaign. | 从选举开始你就没在照片墙发过东西了 |
[18:02] | What? So if I don’t post, that means that I’m not having fun? | 怎么 我不发就说明我不开心吗 |
[18:05] | That’s what the youth of America is saying. | 那是美国年轻人的说法 |
[18:06] | Blake… | 布莱克 |
[18:07] | See? Fun can be had while working for the government. | 看见没 在政府工作还是可以挺开心的 |
[18:10] | Very busy. Very busy. | 非常忙 非常忙 |
[18:16] | Resuming the testimony of Michael Barnow. | 继续听取迈克尔·巴诺的证词 |
[18:19] | Right. So we had to miss the campaign event in Portland, | 对 我们不得不错失波特兰的竞选活动 |
[18:21] | but thanks to the bird’s blessedly swift expiration, | 不过感谢鸟儿的迅速离世 |
[18:24] | we were now making excellent time to Bangor. | 我们有充裕的时间赶赴班戈 |
[18:26] | Where you expected to receive the endorsement of State Senator | 你们想要获得缅因州参议员 |
[18:28] | Cyrus Woodhouse of Maine, correct? | 赛勒斯·伍德豪斯的背书 对吗 |
[18:31] | Exactly. | 正是 |
[18:31] | He was hosting a summer fair | 他在一间以他命名的社区中心 |
[18:33] | at a community center bearing his name. | 举办一个夏季集会 |
[18:35] | And with Senator Woodhouse’s endorsement, | 有了伍德豪斯参议员的背书 |
[18:37] | you felt reasonably confident of winning Maine’s | 就能比较有可能获得缅因州的 |
[18:39] | second congressional district. | 第二选区的选票 |
[18:40] | Netting us another electoral vote. | 为我们带来更多选票 |
[18:42] | Which you desperately needed. | 正是你们迫切需要的 |
[18:43] | Not sure that’s how I would’ve put it at the time, | 我不确定在那时我会这么说 |
[18:45] | but yes. | 但是的 |
[18:46] | It’s go time, people! | 该走了 各位 |
[18:48] | I’ll get you some coffee. | 我给你拿咖啡 |
[18:50] | Hey, Bess? Senator Woodhouse is right outside. | 贝丝 伍德豪斯参议员就在外面 |
[18:52] | I need you to work that old man | 我希望你把这位老人当作 |
[18:54] | like Daddy Warbucks on Christmas. You with me? | 圣诞节的沃巴克斯爸爸对待 可以吗 |
[18:56] | You got this? | 明白吗 |
[18:57] | – Grab your gla… glasses. – Coffee? | -拿上眼镜 -咖啡 |
[18:58] | – Glasses. – Coffee. | -眼镜 -咖啡 |
[18:59] | – Glasses… Glasses on. – Okay. | -眼镜… 戴上眼镜 -好 |
[19:01] | Glasses on. | 戴上眼镜 |
[19:02] | – Here we go. – This way. | -走吧 -这边 |
[19:03] | – I’m going. Okay. – Walk this way. | -来了 好 -走这边 |
[19:08] | Senator Woodhouse, second congressional district. | 伍德豪斯参议员 第二议会选区 |
[19:11] | Senator Woodhouse, so nice to meet you, sir. | 伍德豪斯参议员 很高兴见到你 先生 |
[19:14] | – Thank you. – It’s not a good day. | -谢谢 -今天状态不佳 |
[19:16] | Senator, uh, Mike Barnow. | 参议员 我是迈克·巴诺 |
[19:17] | I’m Secretary McCord’s campaign manager. | 国务卿麦考德的竞选经理 |
[19:19] | We spoke on the phone. | 我们通过电话 |
[19:20] | Oh, yes. | 是的 |
[19:22] | Senator, I-I wanted to tell you | 参议员 我想告诉你 |
[19:23] | how grateful I am for this endorsement. | 我对这次背书感激不尽 |
[19:26] | I know that we can do great things | 我知道我们可以为缅因州 |
[19:28] | for the second congressional district of Maine. | 第二选区成就大事 |
[19:31] | Well, we’ll have to see about that. | 我得再想想 |
[19:33] | – Not sure I can endorse a Communist. – Senator… | -我不确定我能为共产党背书 -参议员 |
[19:36] | Listen, I love my granddaughter to pieces. | 我非常爱我的孙女 |
[19:39] | But she’s a radical. | 但她是激进分子 |
[19:40] | And frankly, a bit of a loose woman. | 坦白说 是个荡妇 |
[19:43] | If we could have a moment. | 失陪一下 |
[19:45] | These people wanted to say “Hi.” | 这边的人想跟你问好 |
[19:46] | Gosh, I haven’t been called that in years. | 天啊 很久没有人这么叫我了 |
[19:48] | Call the hotel in Augusta, | 打电话给奥古斯塔的酒店 |
[19:49] | tell them we’re gonna be early. | 告诉他们我们会早点到 |
[19:50] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[19:51] | – We are not leaving. We can stay. – Yes. | -我们不走 我们可以留下来 -是 |
[19:53] | The Pepperidge Farm guy is sundowning. | 非凡农庄的家伙老年痴呆了 |
[19:55] | – We’re not staying. – Okay. | -我们要走了 -好吧 |
[19:56] | So we don’t get the endorsement. | 所以我们没有得到背书 |
[19:58] | – That’s why we’re here. – I mean, we’re here. | -这就是我们来这里的原因 -来都来了 |
[20:00] | I-I got a great speech. | 我做了精彩的演讲 |
[20:01] | It’s… Everybody’s w… | 每个人都… |
[20:03] | – There’s a quilting bee. – Bess! | -那边有拼布聚会 -贝丝 |
[20:04] | Oh, my gosh… | 我的天啊 |
[20:05] | I think I feel worse for the granddaughter. | 我更为他孙女感到遗憾 |
[20:06] | She’s loose. She doesn’t care. | 她是荡妇 她不在乎 |
[20:10] | The-the secretary wasn’t in charge of passports directly, | 国务卿不直接负责护照事宜 |
[20:13] | but I will share your concerns. | 但我会把你的困扰告诉她 |
[20:14] | Will you excuse me for one second? | 失陪一下 |
[20:16] | We are pulling the plug | 如果活动十分钟内不开始 |
[20:17] | if this thing doesn’t get started in ten. | 我们就撤 |
[20:18] | – Where’s the senator? – I was about to ask you. | -参议员去哪了 -我还想问你来着 |
[20:21] | Okay. Aw, will you yank her out of the quilting circle? | 好吧 你能把她从拼布聚会中拉出来吗 |
[20:24] | I have to hit the little campaign manager’s room, | 我得去一下竞选经理的洗手间 |
[20:25] | and then we’re out. | 然后我们就走 |
[20:30] | All I want is bad pay-per-view and a minibar. | 我只想要付费电视和迷你酒吧 |
[20:43] | That’s not good. | 情况不妙 |
[20:50] | Senator? | 参议员 |
[20:53] | You need a hand in there? | 需要帮忙吗 |
[21:13] | We’re not getting that endorsement, are we, Senator? | 我们拿不到背书了 对吗 参议员 |
[21:19] | Once you determined Senator Woodhouse was deceased, | 当你确定伍德豪斯参议员死亡的时候 |
[21:22] | how did you proceed? | 你做了什么 |
[21:23] | The way any campaign manager would. | 像任何竞选经理会做的那样 |
[21:25] | Determine the scope of the crisis, | 权衡事件利害 |
[21:27] | secure the perimeters, minimize the fallout. | 保护现场 把影响降到最低 |
[21:29] | What “Fallout,” exactly, were you concerned about? | 你担心会有什么影响 |
[21:32] | I had a candidate who was extremely sleep-deprived, | 我有一位睡眠严重不足 |
[21:35] | in denial/despair about her sinking poll numbers, | 对她不断减少的选票数感到绝望 |
[21:38] | and feeling beaten up by a hostile press. | 又因敌方舆论备受打击的候选人 |
[21:40] | If we had to miss an event to bury a dead bird, | 如果我们会为了埋葬一只死鸟而错过一场活动 |
[21:42] | what was a dead senator gonna do to us? | 一位死去的参议员对我们意味着什么呢 |
[21:44] | We’ve got to get her on the bus. | 我们得让她上车 |
[21:46] | We’ve already missed the thing in Portland, um, | 我们已经错过了波特兰的活动 |
[21:48] | and we-we obviously lost the endorsement. | 显然我们已经失去了背书 |
[21:51] | If we miss this town hall in Burlington… | 如果我们再错过伯灵顿的对话会议… |
[21:52] | Okay, okay. What-what’s the plan? | 好了 好了 我们的计划是什么 |
[21:56] | You go get her, go get her. I’ll take care of this. | 你去找她 去找她 这里交给我 |
[21:58] | – Okay. – Go, go. | -好 -去吧 去吧 |
[22:32] | Now, see, i’ve never even tried to make a-a lattice crust. | 我从来没做过格子酥皮 |
[22:37] | Hi… Hi. I have to steal her for one second. | 你们好 我得借用她一会儿 |
[22:39] | Oh. Bye. | 再见 |
[22:41] | Are we starting soon? I can’t feel my feet. | 这么快要出发了吗 我脚都麻了 |
[22:43] | Yes, um, slight change of plans. | 是的 计划有变 |
[22:45] | Um, there’s a-a power outage in Burlington… | 伯灵顿发生电力故障… |
[22:47] | …so we have to go there immediately, | 我们得立即到那边 |
[22:49] | so they can have a tech check first thing tomorrow morning. | 以便他们明早第一时间做技术检测 |
[22:51] | “Tech check.” “Tech check” Rhymes. | 技术检测 技术检测 押韵 |
[22:53] | Yes, yes, yes. You need sleep. | 是 是 你需要睡眠 |
[22:54] | Thanks so much! | 谢谢 |
[22:56] | It was great to see you, everybody. Don’t forget to vote! | 很高兴见到各位 别忘了投票 |
[22:59] | Everybody on the bus. Go, go, go, go, go, go. | 全体上车 走 走 走 |
[23:02] | We’re going to hell. | 我们要去地狱了 |
[23:03] | No, we’re going to the White House. | 不 我们要去白宫 |
[23:09] | Can you explain why, in your haste, | 你能解释一下为什么你在匆忙之中 |
[23:12] | you took the time to call 911 from a pay phone? | 还用付费电话打了911 |
[23:14] | I’m sorry, what relevance could that possibly… | 不好意思 这有什么关联… |
[23:16] | My son Zach has a severe peanut allergy, | 我儿子扎克有很严重的花生过敏症 |
[23:19] | and among other things | 我们被告知一些注意事项 |
[23:19] | we were told to always call 911 from a landline | 其中包括用固定电话打911 |
[23:22] | so the dispatcher can trace your call to a precise location | 这样调度员可以根据你的来电精确定位 |
[23:25] | and get the response team there even faster. | 应急人员可以更快地到达现场 |
[23:27] | So you were just following protocols, | 所以你只是以你的理解 |
[23:29] | as you understood them. | 遵照规则行事 |
[23:30] | Absolutely. | 没错 |
[23:32] | Can we hear the audio, please? | 我们能听一下录音吗 |
[23:36] | 911. What’s your emergency? | 这里是911 你有什么急事 |
[23:38] | Yes, I would like to report a death, a dead body. | 我想报告一起死亡 一具尸体 |
[23:40] | He is in the bathroom at the Cyrus, | 他躺在河滨路 |
[23:42] | uh, Woodhouse Community Center on River Road. | 赛勒斯·伍德豪斯社区中心的洗手间 |
[23:45] | Yeah, on Cyrus Woodhouse. | 在赛勒斯·伍德豪斯 |
[23:47] | Yes, that’s also the name of the dead person. | 这也是死者的姓名 |
[23:49] | Can you tell me exactly what happened, | 你能具体地告诉我发生了什么吗 |
[23:50] | and who am I speaking to? | 以及来电人是谁 |
[23:51] | I-I don’t know! He was, | 我不知道 |
[23:52] | he was very old, and he’s in the men’s room, | 他年纪很大 在男厕所里 |
[23:54] | and I have to go, and no, I cannot give you my name. | 我得挂了 我不能告诉你我的姓名 |
[24:00] | You know, not every situation | 不是每种状况 |
[24:01] | is actually in the campaign manager’s handbook. | 都能在竞选经理手册里找到 |
[24:11] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们 先生们 |
[24:13] | please welcome to Citi Field | 请欢迎美国总统 |
[24:15] | the President of the United States, | 伊丽莎白·麦考德 |
[24:18] | Elizabeth McCord. | 亲临花旗球场 |
[24:33] | Oh, my God! | 我的天啊 |
[24:39] | I didn’t, I didn’t… | 我不是 我不是… |
[24:41] | Mr. Met. No, no, no. I… | 大都会先生 不 不 我… |
[24:44] | Oh. Oh. Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[24:57] | No, I didn’t… | 我没有… |
[25:12] | Whoa, arm’s looking good. | 手臂动作不错嘛 |
[25:15] | Yeah, it’s still not the full distance yet. I… | 这还不是全距离 我… |
[25:19] | Well, what is it? | 怎么了 |
[25:21] | The gas tax protests or pitch anxiety? | 汽油税抗议还是投球焦虑 |
[25:26] | I had a nightmare | 我做了个噩梦 |
[25:28] | that I beaned Mr. Met | 我击中了大都会先生的头部 |
[25:31] | with my pitch. Yeah. | 用我的球 |
[25:33] | I don’t know, it was probably a symbol | 不知道 也许象征着 |
[25:35] | for how I’m clobbering America | 我如何用汽油税使美国遭受 |
[25:38] | with my gas tax. | 严重的经济损失 |
[25:41] | Well, I have something to take your mind off it. | 我能分散你的注意力 |
[25:43] | – Guess who called me yesterday. – Ali? | -猜猜昨天谁给我打电话了 -艾莉 |
[25:46] | No. I only hear from her when I’m lurking on her Instagram. | 不 我只有在翻她照片墙时才得到她的消息 |
[25:49] | No, Dmitri Petrov. | 不 迪米特里·派特洛夫 |
[25:53] | Is he allowed to call you? | 他被允许给你打电话了吗 |
[25:55] | Well, you’re about to grant amnesty to U.S. | 你即将特赦美国 |
[25:56] | and Russian intelligence officers, so I’d say yes. | 和俄罗斯情报官员 所以是的 |
[25:59] | What did he want? | 他想干什么 |
[26:00] | To thank us for the deal, and to ask permission | 感谢我们的协议 想征得同意 |
[26:04] | to contact Stevie. | 联系斯蒂芬 |
[26:08] | That’s, like, weirdly patriarchal | 这是种很奇怪的感觉 |
[26:11] | and romantic at the same time. | 既父权又浪漫 |
[26:13] | Uh, considering he was never supposed to be dating her | 考虑到他根本就不应该和斯蒂芬约会 |
[26:15] | in the first place, I appreciate the gesture. | 我很欣赏他征求我们同意的态度 |
[26:17] | Well, what did you say? | 你怎么说的 |
[26:18] | It was up to him. | 由他自己决定 |
[26:22] | I mean, I kind of love that he’s still thinking about her, | 我很开心他还在想着她 |
[26:25] | you know? And I happen to believe | 我有点相信 |
[26:28] | that she’s still hung up on him. | 她还对他念念不忘 |
[26:32] | Think we should give her a heads-up? | 我们要给她提个醒吗 |
[26:33] | And risk watching her spiral again | 然后冒着如果他没有坚持到底 |
[26:35] | if he doesn’t follow through? | 她就会再次陷入焦虑的风险 |
[26:37] | – No, thank you, sir. – True. | -不 谢了 先生 -确实 |
[26:39] | I say we just stay out of it. | 依我说 我们不要插手 |
[26:43] | You know? Let it play out the way it’s gonna play out. | 让事情顺其自然发展 |
[26:47] | God, I love it when it’s not up to me. | 天呐 真喜欢这种不用我做主的事儿 |
[26:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:54] | I love you. Come on. | 我爱你 走吧 |
[26:55] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[27:09] | I want to thank | 我想要感谢 |
[27:10] | Secretary Thompson and Foreign Minister Avdonin | 汤普森国务卿和阿多宁外长 |
[27:13] | for this historic agreement | 促成了我们两国之间的 |
[27:15] | between our nations. | 这一历史性协定 |
[27:17] | When two great powers come together to share intelligence | 当两个大国走到一起共享信息 |
[27:20] | and unite against common enemies, | 联合起来应对共同的敌人 |
[27:23] | the whole world benefits, so thank you. | 全世界都会受益 非常感谢 |
[27:28] | Thanks, everyone. That’s all for today. | 多谢各位 今天就到此结束 |
[27:30] | Konstantin, it’s nice to be working with you again. | 康斯坦丁 很高兴再次与你合作 |
[27:32] | Congratulations on the promotion, Madam President. | 恭喜你升职 总统女士 |
[27:37] | Secretary Thompson, you hit it out of the ballpark. | 汤普森国务卿 你打出了一记全垒打 |
[27:41] | You threw the pitch, Madam President. | 这可是你投的球 总统女士 |
[27:43] | Your boss is a great diplomat, Nina. | 你的上司是一位伟大的外交官 妮娜 |
[27:45] | She learned from the best. | 因为她有最棒的老师 |
[27:48] | – Ma’am? – Yes? | -总统女士 -怎么了 |
[27:48] | It’s, uh, time to take you to the stadium. | 该带您去体育场了 |
[27:51] | Oh, boy. | 完了 |
[27:54] | Does the President of Russia also have to play sports? | 俄罗斯的总统也必须要参与运动活动吗 |
[27:57] | No, he chooses to, | 不 是他选择参与 |
[28:00] | and somehow, he always wins. | 不知为什么 他总是赢 |
[28:03] | Get those to the staff secretary. | 把那些交给秘书 |
[28:04] | Make sure NSC has a copy. | 确保给国安会一份 |
[28:06] | Of course, Mr. Jackson. | 没问题 杰克逊先生 |
[28:07] | What happened to the other kid, uh, Trevor, was it? | 另一个孩子怎么样了 是叫特雷弗吗 |
[28:09] | – Travis. – Travis. | -特拉维斯 -特拉维斯 |
[28:11] | I needed an upgrade. | 我需要更新一下信息 |
[28:12] | Senator Gates is waiting in your office, | 参议员盖茨在办公室等您 |
[28:15] | I pushed the Transportation Secretary to 3:00, | 我把与交通部长的见面推到三点了 |
[28:17] | and your wife asked if you’re free for lunch. | 您妻子问您是否有时间一起吃午饭 |
[28:20] | You didn’t answer, did you? | 你没回复 是吗 |
[28:22] | I mentioned that you and the Senator had plans, but… | 我提到您和参议员有安排 但是… |
[28:26] | And then she asked you where, and you told her, | 然后她问你在哪里 你告诉她了 |
[28:29] | didn’t you? Damn it. | 不是吗 该死 |
[28:31] | Do you not understand | 你怎么不明白 |
[28:32] | when you’re being worked for information? | 什么时候你是在为信息工作呢 |
[28:34] | I’m very sorry. It won’t happen again. | 非常抱歉 不会再出现这种问题了 |
[28:37] | You’re damn right it won’t. | 说得没错 不会了 |
[28:54] | I do not understand | 我不理解 |
[28:55] | why they are still attacking you over the air pressure thing. | 为什么他们还要用气压的事攻击你 |
[28:59] | I mean, it does save gas. | 确实省油啊 |
[29:01] | – Oh, my God. – If that’s a meme about me, | -天哪 -如果是我的表情包 |
[29:04] | I don’t want to see it. | 我可不想看 |
[29:06] | Mom, no. | 妈妈 不是 |
[29:07] | It’s, uh, actually it’s from this guy | 实际上是这个 |
[29:09] | that-that Blake set me up with. | 布莱克介绍我认识的人 |
[29:11] | Um, we had a really awkward lunch, | 我们吃了一顿非常尴尬的午餐 |
[29:13] | and then… Here. He hasn’t given up. | 结果 看 他还没放弃 |
[29:16] | Isn’t that good? | 这是不是很好笑 |
[29:18] | Well, he’s got strong GIF game, I’ll give him that. | 他的动画做得不错 我承认 |
[29:20] | Yes. Yes, he does. | 是的 确实 |
[29:22] | It’s always nice when they fight for you. | 人们为你奋斗的时候总是美好的 |
[29:25] | Yeah, it is. | 是啊 |
[29:37] | Ah, Kevlar, so flattering, | 凯夫拉防弹背心 真不错 |
[29:39] | and it breathes, too. | 还挺透气 |
[29:42] | There are a few protesters in the stands. | 看台上有一些抗议者 |
[29:44] | Can’t they leave the politics out of baseball? | 他们就不能把政治置于棒球之外吗 |
[29:47] | They’re just exercising their first amendment rights. | 他们只是在行使《第一修正案》赋予他们的权利 |
[29:49] | Okay. Remember H.W. | 好了 记得老布什的动作 |
[29:51] | No thinking, just hit the mound and fire. | 不要思考 只要去投球区 鼓足劲 |
[29:53] | Yup. Right over home base. | 对 对准本垒 |
[29:55] | Home plate. | 本垒板 |
[29:57] | Plate. | 本垒板 |
[29:57] | We’re ready for you, Madam President. | 我们准备好了 总统女士 |
[30:04] | – Home plate. Home plate. – You got it. | -本垒板 本垒板 -你可以的 |
[30:11] | Please welcome to Citi Field, | 让我们欢迎 |
[30:13] | the President of the United States, | 美国总统伊丽莎白·麦考德 |
[30:15] | Elizabeth McCord. | 来到花旗球场 |
[30:17] | I want to, I want to back off on the gas tax. | 我想 我想放弃燃油税 |
[30:20] | – Mom… – There are other ways to fund the bill. | -妈妈 -还有其他的方式能为法案筹资 |
[30:22] | After all the political capital you spent | 你花了那么多政治资本 |
[30:25] | getting the bill through Congress, | 才使得法案通过国会审议 |
[30:26] | backing off now could be a major embarrassment. | 现在放弃可能相当尴尬 |
[30:29] | We’re already embarrassed. | 我们已经很尴尬了 |
[30:32] | Look at them. | 看看他们 |
[30:34] | Why aren’t we listening? | 我们为什么不听呢 |
[30:35] | Can we discuss this when there isn’t a stadium crowd | 能在没有整个体育场的观众等你的情况下 |
[30:37] | waiting for you? | 再讨论这个问题吗 |
[30:41] | I can’t… I have to go watch this on my phone. | 我不能… 我得在手机上看这个了 |
[30:43] | – Sorry. – Okay, honey. | -抱歉 -没事 宝贝 |
[30:46] | Welcome, Madam President. | 欢迎你 总统女士 |
[31:00] | Our ceremonial catcher | 我们接球手是 |
[31:01] | is Luis Guillorme. | 路易斯·吉略尔梅 |
[31:21] | Madam President, it’s your pitch. | 总统女士 请您投球 |
[31:37] | Great job, Madam President. | 投得好 总统女士 |
[31:45] | You told the catcher to move forward. | 你叫接球手往前站的 |
[31:47] | It’s my job to make her look good. | 我的工作就是让她好看 |
[31:48] | No, Russell, it’s your job to help her execute | 不 拉塞尔 你的工作是帮助她 |
[31:50] | her policies effectively. | 有效执行她的政策 |
[31:52] | You know I respect the hell out of you, Henry, | 你知道我有多么敬重你 亨利 |
[31:55] | but don’t tell me what my job is. | 但是别对我的工作指手画脚 |
[31:57] | Let me ask you something. | 那我问你件事 |
[31:59] | If Conrad wanted to make a policy change, | 如果康拉德想要改变一项政策 |
[32:01] | would you openly contradict him? | 你会公开反驳他吗 |
[32:02] | I’ve got eight years’ experience in the White House… | 我在白宫有八年工作经验… |
[32:04] | No, just answer the question, Russell, | 不 直接回答我的问题 拉塞尔 |
[32:05] | because I see a chief of staff second-guessing | 因为我看到幕僚长质疑 |
[32:08] | and micromanaging the elected leader of this country. | 并且左右国家领导人的想法 |
[32:10] | ‘Cause this isn’t like any other presidency. | 因为这届总统和其他总统不一样 |
[32:13] | Anything that came at Conrad comes at her twice as hard. | 任何针对康拉德的攻击 对她则会加倍 |
[32:16] | All right? You don’t want to know the threat reports I get, | 好吗 你不会想知道我收到的威胁报告 |
[32:18] | or what this Congress is capable of doing to her, | 也不知道本届国会能对她做些什么 |
[32:21] | and you won’t have to | 你不需要知道 |
[32:22] | ’cause I’m the one thinking five steps ahead | 因为我才是那个需要提前想五步 |
[32:25] | to protect her from the worst of it. | 来保护她远离最坏的情况的人 |
[32:27] | I get that you’re trying to protect her, | 我知道你想保护她 |
[32:30] | I do, | 真的 |
[32:32] | but I think that you and I and everybody out there | 但是我认为你和我 以及其他所有人 |
[32:35] | is just gonna have to take a breath | 都需要喘口气 |
[32:36] | and find out what it looks like to have a woman president | 通过这位女总统 看看拥有一位女总统 |
[32:39] | by having one, by letting it happen | 是什么样的 顺其自然 |
[32:42] | and not looking for the pitfalls. | 而不是寻找弊端 |
[32:46] | The country elected her, | 国家选择了她 |
[32:47] | and now it’s time to let her lead. | 现在是时候让她领导了 |
[32:49] | And now, here they are: Your New York Mets! | 现在 让我们欢迎 纽约大都会队 |
[32:59] | Mr. Jackson’s waiting for you in the Oval, ma’am. | 杰克逊先生在总统办公室等您 总统女士 |
[33:01] | Oh, gosh, thanks. | 天哪 谢谢 |
[33:02] | You really don’t have to do this anymore. | 你真的不用再帮我做这些 |
[33:05] | I thought you needed it after your egg white frittata. | 我想你需要在蛋清菜肉馅煎蛋饼之后再吃点别的 |
[33:08] | With cashew cheese. | 腰果芝士 |
[33:10] | Nuts and cheese, really two different things. | 坚果和芝士 如此不同的两种食物 |
[33:13] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 总统女士 |
[33:14] | Congratulations on the pitch, ma’am. | 祝贺您投球成功 总统女士 |
[33:15] | You’ll be happy to know the Internet loves you again. | 你会很高兴知道网络上又满是对你的好评了 |
[33:17] | A little high and wide, but I guess I didn’t embarrass myself. | 投的球有点高 有点偏 不过也没让我丢脸 |
[33:22] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[33:23] | Good morning. It was a solid throw | 早上好 那是一次有力的投球 |
[33:25] | and full distance from the mound. Impressive. | 投球距离也够远 令人惊叹 |
[33:28] | He’s so nice to me. It’s hard to get used to. | 他对我这么温柔 真不习惯 |
[33:35] | Daisy, I want to release a statement this morning | 黛西 我想在今天上午发表一份声明 |
[33:37] | announcing that I’ll be looking into ways to delay or roll back | 宣布我将考虑推迟或者取消 |
[33:41] | the gas tax, and then I’m gonna | 燃油税 然后我需要一份 |
[33:43] | need an updated list of proposals | 用于弥补赤字的 |
[33:46] | for new revenue streams to make up the deficit. | 新收入来源的更新清单 |
[33:50] | Yes? | 有问题 |
[33:52] | With respect, Madam President, giving in to protesters | 恕我直言 总统女士 向抗议者让步 |
[33:56] | risks turning your biggest legislative win into a defeat. | 可能会把你在立法上的最大胜利变为失败 |
[34:01] | I hear that, | 我听到了 |
[34:01] | but I don’t see how responding to the objections | 但是我不明白 为何回应那些 |
[34:05] | of the people I was elected to serve | 我被选来为之服务的人们的反对 |
[34:07] | makes me weak. | 会使我看起来软弱 |
[34:10] | I know we’re all panicked about the approval rating, | 我知道我们都为支持率而担心 |
[34:13] | but if throwing a ball makes people love me again, | 但是如果投一个球就能使人们重新爱我 |
[34:16] | then how much could it really matter? | 那又有多重要呢 |
[34:19] | Well, Conrad didn’t like it, either, | 康纳德也不喜欢这种体育活动 |
[34:21] | but your approval rating is how you get things done. | 但是你的支持率取决于你做事的方式 |
[34:24] | Right now Hanson and his minions are realizing | 现在汉森和他的手下意识到 |
[34:26] | they’re gonna have to put off murder | 他们要把谋杀行动推迟到 |
[34:27] | until next week. | 下周了 |
[34:28] | It’s crude and it’s fear-based, | 这是自然的 基于恐惧的 |
[34:32] | but it works. | 但是行之有效 |
[34:33] | Okay. Well, uh… | 好吧 |
[34:36] | You might be right about this one, | 你这个想法可能没错 |
[34:39] | but I do want to get to work on that statement, please. | 但是我确实想开始准备那份声明了 |
[34:43] | – Thank you. – Thanks, ma’am. | -谢谢 -谢谢 总统女士 |
[34:49] | You okay, Russell? | 你还好吧 拉塞尔 |
[34:52] | I will be. | 会没事的 |
[34:57] | Hi. Devon. | 你好 德文 |
[35:00] | Nina Cummings from State. | 我是国务院的妮娜·卡明斯 |
[35:02] | I called about getting the docs signed by Mr. Jackson? | 我打过电话说要送文件来给杰克逊先生签 |
[35:05] | Uh, he’s in, if you want to get them signed now. | 他在里面 如果你想让他现在就签的话 |
[35:07] | I’m heading out. | 我正要出去 |
[35:08] | Oh. Well, it can wait until you get back. | 好吧 可以等你回来再签 |
[35:10] | I’m not coming back. | 我不回来了 |
[35:12] | Not that I mind. | 我也无所谓 |
[35:25] | Unless you’re the president or my wife, go away. | 除了总统和我老婆 谁都不见 |
[35:33] | Oh. Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[35:34] | Um, State needs your signature. | 国务院需要您签字 |
[35:36] | I’d leave them with your assistant, but | 我本来想把这些留给你助理 |
[35:39] | he left, so… | 但他走了 所以… |
[35:41] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[35:43] | It’s better if I do everything myself anyway. | 我还是一切都自力更生的好 |
[35:50] | You know, um, Devon out there worked | 外面那个德文 |
[35:53] | for a Supreme Court justice. | 为最高法院法官工作过 |
[35:55] | Well, then he should have figured out | 那他应该知道 |
[35:56] | how to answer a phone. | 如何接电话 |
[35:59] | Yeah. Mm. | 是的 |
[36:01] | For a… legendary gatekeeper, | 对于一个大名鼎鼎的门卫来说 |
[36:04] | it’s kind of surprising how little value | 您对他的评价之低还真有点 |
[36:06] | you have of your own. | 令人惊讶 |
[36:09] | I know it’s-it’s hard to replace somebody like Adele, | 我知道很难有人可以代替阿黛尔 |
[36:12] | but if you just give people a little bit | 但如果您能给他们一点点 |
[36:15] | of time and training, instead of throwing them all | 时间和练习的机会 而不是犯一点小错就 |
[36:17] | on the scrap heap at the first misstep… | 把他们扔进垃圾堆… |
[36:20] | You finished? | 你说完了吗 |
[36:22] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[36:24] | No one else will say it because they’re scared of you. | 别人不会说这种话 因为他们都怕你 |
[36:26] | Not a problem for you, is it? | 但这对你来说不是问题 对吗 |
[36:28] | Ambassador Harriman taught me not to take crap from anybody. | 哈里曼大使教我不要听任何人废话 |
[36:31] | Fine. | 好 |
[36:33] | You’re hired. | 你被录用了 |
[36:36] | What? | 什么 |
[36:38] | If Harriman liked you, you’re good enough for me. | 如果哈里曼喜欢你 那你肯定差不到哪里去 |
[36:41] | I’ll call the secretary. | 我会给国务卿打电话 |
[36:44] | Wow! I mean, I was really hoping | 我是说 我真的以为 |
[36:46] | that it was a tiny shirt for a gerbil. | 那就是件沙鼠穿的小T恤 |
[36:48] | Yeah, I mean, well, there’s no need | 没错 是没必要为一件小T恤 |
[36:49] | to patent a tiny shirt, but a unique item like | 申请专利 但像沙鼠可穿戴的展示T恤这样 |
[36:52] | the wearable gerbil display shirt… | 独特的东西 |
[36:54] | it requires the protection of a U.S. Patent. | 需要美国专利局的保护 |
[36:56] | – I see. – What can I say? | -我明白 -我还能说什么 |
[36:59] | Your job is way more fun than mine. | 你的工作比我的有意思多了 |
[37:01] | I don’t know. I think your job is a little more important. | 我不知道 我觉得你的工作比较重要 |
[37:03] | – There you go. – Oh, thank you. | -菜来了 -谢谢 |
[37:04] | – That has to be important. – Well, I guess… | -你的工作也很重要 -好吧 我觉得 |
[37:06] | It’s important to the person who invented it. | 这对于发明这件T恤的人很重要 |
[37:08] | With this? | 戴上这个如何 |
[37:11] | What are you… what are you doing? | 你在… 你在干什么 |
[37:12] | I’m just giving this lady a better shot. | 我只是方便这位女士拍照 |
[37:18] | Here, why don’t we, uh…? | 这样 我们何不 |
[37:20] | Let’s take our own photo. | 自己也拍张照片 |
[37:21] | An “Ussie” If you will. | 来张”自拍” 你愿意的话 |
[37:23] | Oh. Wait. Should I wear the hat? No? | 等等 我要把帽子戴上吗 还是算了 |
[37:24] | That’s totally up to you. | 随便你 |
[37:26] | Tough call. All right, I’m gonna do it. | 好纠结 好吧 我还是戴上 |
[37:27] | Okay. | 好 |
[37:29] | Oh, yeah, worth it. | 好 值得一拍 |
[37:31] | 第一女儿 在墨西哥卷餐厅约会 | |
[37:37] | Welcome, passengers. | 欢迎各位乘客 |
[37:38] | We’re just about to begin boarding for this afternoon’s | 今天下午飞往华盛顿杜勒斯国际机场的航班 |
[37:40] | flight to Dulles International Airport. | 马上就要开始登机了 |
[37:47] | Mr. Barnow, you were saying you saw your efforts | 巴诺先生 你之前说你觉得 |
[37:49] | to cover up the death of Senator Woodhouse | 努力遮掩伍德豪斯参议员的死 |
[37:51] | as part of your duties | 是你作为伊丽莎白·麦考德 |
[37:53] | as Elizabeth McCord’s campaign manager. | 竞选经理的职责所在 |
[37:55] | – Senator… – I thought that | -参议员 -我觉得 |
[37:57] | the death of Senator Woodhouse was a situation | 有必要对伍德豪斯参议员的死讯 |
[37:59] | I needed to manage, because up to that point, | 暂时保密 因为那一刻 |
[38:01] | I was operating under the assumption | 我是在这样的假设下工作的 |
[38:03] | that nothing could be worse for the McCord campaign | 这是麦考德竞选过程中最糟糕的一刻 |
[38:05] | than for this incredibly powerful, effective | 这位非常强大又有影响力的前国务卿女士 |
[38:08] | Secretary of State to be seen as a weak, vulnerable woman. | 看起来就像一位脆弱无助的中年妇女 |
[38:12] | Then we got to Burlington. | 然后我们到了伯灵顿 |
[38:14] | Yeah, I want gender pay equity, | 没错 我想实现性别薪酬平等 |
[38:17] | but I want more. | 但我想实现的还有很多 |
[38:18] | I want a living wage | 我希望每一位工作着的美国人 |
[38:21] | for every working American. | 都能得到足够维持基本生活的工资 |
[38:23] | You know, my father-in-law raised four kids | 你们知道吗 我公公曾靠一份 |
[38:26] | on a steelworker’s salary. | 炼钢工人的工资 养大了四个孩子 |
[38:28] | That just wouldn’t be possible today. | 这在今天是不可能的 |
[38:30] | But we will get there, | 但总有一天会成为可能 |
[38:32] | because every American deserves that. | 因为这是每一位美国人应得的 |
[38:35] | Thank you for asking. | 谢谢你的提问 |
[38:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:43] | Hi, Secretary McCord. | 你好 麦考德国务卿 |
[38:45] | Ginny Matthews. | 我叫金妮·马修斯 |
[38:49] | when I was 16, I got pregnant | 我十六岁时 因为怀孕 |
[38:51] | and dropped out of high school. | 被学校开除了 |
[38:53] | Fortunately, my mom | 幸运的是 我妈妈还是 |
[38:55] | made me get my GED, | 让我拿到了普通教育发展证书 |
[38:56] | and then I went on to nursing school | 然后我贷了些款 |
[38:57] | with the help of a few loans. | 上了护理学院 |
[38:59] | Um… at the hospital where I worked, | 在我所工作的医院 |
[39:02] | I saw pain medication prescribed every day, | 我看到每天都开出很多止痛药 |
[39:06] | and I saw… what it did to people, so, | 而且我也看到了过多服用止痛药的后果 |
[39:09] | a few years ago, when my husband Howard had to have surgery, | 所以几年前 当我丈夫霍华德必须做手术时 |
[39:13] | I told him, | 我告诉他 |
[39:15] | “Don’t take that stuff.” | “别吃那些东西” |
[39:17] | But he needed help with the pain, and… | 但他需要缓解疼痛 于是 |
[39:22] | that’s what they gave him. | 他们还是给了他止痛药 |
[39:27] | Three years ago, I… | 三年前 我… |
[39:31] | …found him… dead from an overdose. | 发现他死于止痛药服用过量 |
[39:37] | Without his salary, I couldn’t keep up with the mortgage, and | 没有他那份薪水 我就还不上房贷 |
[39:41] | last year, I lost my house. | 所以去年 我失去了我的房子 |
[39:43] | Now I stay with my daughter, | 现在我跟女儿住在一起 |
[39:45] | but she can barely afford groceries, | 但她连生活用品都买不起 |
[39:46] | much less medication for her son’s asthma. | 更不用说为她儿子治疗哮喘了 |
[39:50] | I’m not looking for a handout, | 我不是在乞求施舍 |
[39:53] | and I’ll admit when I screw up, but | 而且我也承认我把生活弄得一团糟 |
[39:56] | I got to tell you, I’m asking myself, you know… | 但我要告诉你们 我一直在问自己 |
[40:02] | …is this h… | 生活本来… |
[40:04] | is this how… how it’s supposed to be? | 就应该这样吗 |
[40:16] | No. | 不 |
[40:18] | That’s not how it’s supposed to be. | 生活本来不应该这样 |
[40:34] | We all know what happened next. | 我们都知道接下来发生了什么 |
[40:36] | By morning, most of the country had seen that video, | 第二天早上 全国大部分人都看到了那个视频 |
[40:39] | and her polls shot up six points. | 她的民意调查上升了六个百分点 |
[40:41] | Vulnerability wasn’t her weakness, it was her superpower. | 脆弱不是她的弱点 而是她的超能力 |
[40:45] | It was in that moment that I realized | 就在那一刻 我意识到 |
[40:46] | the old playbook meant nothing anymore. | 老一套竞选方法已经变得毫无意义 |
[40:48] | It’s also the moment I might have believed in politics again. | 也是在那一刻 我又重新相信政治了 |
[40:51] | For, like, a day. | 就在一天之内 |
[40:56] | I have the coroner’s report | 我拿到了位于缅因州 |
[40:58] | from the Chief Medical Examiner’s office | 班戈的首席法医办公室出具的 |
[41:00] | in Bangor, Maine. | 法医报告 |
[41:01] | It lists the cause of death | 其中列出了伍德豪斯参议员的 |
[41:02] | for Senator Woodhouse as anoxia due to asphyxiation. | 死因是由窒息引起的缺氧 |
[41:06] | Interestingly, the report | 有意思的是 这份报告 |
[41:07] | declines to rule out foul play. | 没有排除违规操作的可能性 |
[41:10] | Can I see that report, please? | 能让我看看那份报告吗 |
[41:13] | I’m sorry. What on earth are you trying to imply? | 抱歉 你们到底要暗示什么 |
[41:16] | Not implying anything, Mr. Barnow. | 我们什么都没有暗示 巴诺先生 |
[41:17] | I’m laying out the facts from your own testimony. | 我只是罗列出你证词中阐述的事实 |
[41:20] | You stated | 你说过 |
[41:21] | that the loss of Senator Woodhouse’s endorsement | 失去伍德豪斯参议员的支持 |
[41:22] | would have been a grave public embarrassment to the candidate, | 会让候选人在公众面前很没面子 |
[41:25] | one you said multiple times | 你说了很多次 |
[41:26] | was your “Number one priority” To avoid. | 这是你必须要避免的”头等大事” |
[41:28] | – Senator, that is an outrageous – Seriously? | -参议员 这是 -真的吗 |
[41:29] | accusation founded on wild speculation. | 基于无稽之谈的粗暴指责 |
[41:30] | Are you accusing me of murder? Are you insane? | 你要指控我谋杀吗 你疯了吗 |
[41:35] | Why don’t we call a quick recess? | 我们先休息一会吧 |
[41:41] | Are you redecorating? | 你要重新装修吗 |
[41:43] | We cleared things out for pitching practice. | 我们为了练投球 重新整理了一下 |
[41:45] | We’re gonna put it all back tomorrow. | 我们明天会把所有东西都恢复原位 |
[41:47] | Really? | 真的 |
[41:48] | I was kind of hoping for a driving range. | 我还希望有个”练习场”呢 |
[41:51] | Well, here’s to a bump in the approval rating. | 为支持率上升干杯 |
[41:53] | All I had to do was publicly admit I made a mistake. | 我要做的就是公开承认自己错了 |
[41:57] | I wouldn’t say the gas tax was a mistake. | 我不会说征收燃油税是错的 |
[41:59] | That pitch didn’t hurt, either. | 那个球也投得不错 |
[42:01] | Did I hear Scotch? | 你们在喝威士忌吗 |
[42:03] | There are dumplings, too. | 还有饺子 |
[42:05] | Best dorm party ever. | 有史以来最棒的宿舍派对 |
[42:08] | So… how were the hearings? | 那… 听证会如何 |
[42:11] | I can ask now that it’s over? | 我现在可以问它结束了吗 |
[42:15] | Anything but. | 还差得远呢 |
[42:19] | Forget the Iran hack. | 别管伊朗黑客了 |
[42:20] | They are looking into everything. | 他们每件事都查得很仔细 |
[42:23] | And if they can’t find it, | 如果他们查不到问题 |
[42:25] | they will find it anyway. | 也会想尽办法找到问题 |
[42:28] | So, | 所以 |
[42:31] | it’s war. | 开战了 |