时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:45] | Sounds like the place. | 好像是这里 |
[00:46] | I couldn’t believe there were two parties on this block. | 真不敢相信这条街上曾同时举办两个派对 |
[00:48] | I have no problem with negroes. | 我倒不是害怕那些黑鬼 |
[00:50] | I’m just worried about the car. | 只是不放心车 |
[00:52] | We can still go home. this was your idea. | 现在回去还来得及 是你要来的 |
[00:55] | It’s important that we’re here, for you. | 还不是为了你 这对你很重要 |
[00:57] | For the people that work for you. | 这里有你的很多下属 |
[00:58] | Lovely, go easy on that. | 好吧 放轻松点 |
[01:00] | Some of them don’t feel that way. | 有些人可不这样认为 |
[01:01] | Is my nose running? | 我有没有流鼻涕 |
[01:26] | – how are you? – hi. | -你好啊 -你好 |
[01:28] | Sorry about that, buddy. | 不好意思 兄弟 |
[01:29] | What did you do with your coats? | 你把外套放哪里了 |
[01:31] | We left them in the car. | 放在车里了 |
[01:33] | When we called to get directions from somewhere else in New Jersey | 我们在新泽西打电话问路时 |
[01:36] | A familiar face Paul gave Harry the idea. | 正好看到保罗 他告诉哈里该怎么走的 |
[01:38] | I took my purse. | 我拿了钱包 |
[01:40] | I can smell alcohol, but I don’t see it. | 我闻到酒香 从哪里传来的 |
[01:42] | It’s him. | 他在喝 |
[01:44] | It’s a party. | 这是聚会 |
[01:46] | Cosgrove’s doing great. | 科斯格罗夫玩得挺开心的 |
[01:48] | Let’s go get a drink. | 我们去喝两杯 |
[01:50] | I’m going to stay here. | 我还是留在这里好了 |
[01:51] | Come with me. | 一起去吧 |
[02:00] | So you work for these stuffed shirts? | 这些西装男是你的老板吗 |
[02:02] | I work with them. | 我们是同事 |
[02:03] | Peggy. glad to see a familiar face. | 佩奇 太好了 能看到一个熟人 |
[02:06] | Yes. how are you? | 是啊 感觉怎么样 |
[02:07] | Introduce us to your friend. | 给我们介绍下你的朋友 |
[02:08] | Eugene, whom I just met, | 尤金 刚认识的 |
[02:10] | Was telling me that at Princeton | 他跟我说保罗在普林斯顿读大学时 |
[02:11] | Paul used to dress up like a girl. | 穿得跟个女孩似的 |
[02:14] | According to him, that’s the way Shakespeare did it. | 他认为这也是莎士比亚的穿衣风格 |
[02:17] | Looking stunning, as always. | 还是那么迷人 |
[02:21] | Much too good for him. | 他可配不上你哦 |
[02:23] | What are you doing out here? | 你来这里做什么 |
[02:24] | Not enough subterraneans in the Village? | 格林威治镇不是很多这样的聚会吗 |
[02:26] | I’m here because this isn’t Greenwich Village. | 我来是因为这里不同于格林威治镇 |
[02:29] | This is America. | 这才是真正的美国 |
[02:31] | How do you get to the city? | 你是怎么到城里的 |
[02:32] | The number 33 bus takes you right to port authority. | 直接坐33路车就可以到港务局了 |
[02:35] | Trust me, Montclair is the knees. | 相信我 蒙特克莱尔可不是一般的小镇 |
[02:37] | We have Globe Trotter Antiques. | 我们拥有”驰骋全球古董店” |
[02:40] | We have the Wellmont Theater. | 还有维蒙特剧院 |
[02:41] | Silent movies with organ. | 风琴做背景音乐的无声电影 |
[02:44] | The montclair art gallery. | 蒙特克莱尔艺廊 |
[02:45] | George Inness. have you heard of him? | 乔治.英尼斯[美国画家] 你们听说过吗 |
[02:48] | Of course I have. | 当然听说过 |
[02:49] | Come. | 加入 |
[02:51] | Enjoy. | 享受 |
[02:52] | Imbibe | 畅饮 |
[03:01] | You’re a button, you know that? | 你很娇媚 你知道吗 |
[03:03] | And you’re drunk. | 你喝醉了 |
[03:06] | Can’t get Donna here on my desk because she keeps refusing. | 我一直无法把唐娜弄上床 她总是拒绝我 |
[03:10] | You’re not allowed to do that. | 你可不准再拒绝我 |
[03:12] | I can’t feel my cheeks. | 我都感觉不到自己的脸了 |
[03:15] | I can. | 我可以感觉得到啊 |
[03:16] | I feel them fine. | 很光滑 |
[03:18] | My mother says when you can’t feel your cheeks, | 我妈说当你感觉不到脸的时候 |
[03:20] | It’s time to stop. | 就该到此打住 |
[03:23] | Well, what do I do with this? | 那我的手该往哪里放呢 |
[03:27] | There. that works. | 好了 现在可以了吧 |
[03:29] | Oh, my God. | 噢 老天 |
[03:31] | Don’t you and Kitty have some place to be? | 你和凯蒂难道不可以到别处去吗 |
[03:38] | Apparently, when they say “on call,” | 很显然 当他们说随时待命 |
[03:40] | It does not mean “available by phone.” | 不是指让你守在电话旁边 |
[03:41] | You have to be in the hospital. | 你必须赶到医院去 |
[03:43] | I’m sorry he didn’t make it. | 很遗憾他没能来 |
[03:44] | I’m looking forward to meeting him. | 我一直很想见他 |
[03:46] | I’ve been having this pain right here. | 我这里一直有点痛 |
[03:49] | You’ve met him. | 你见过他的 |
[03:50] | How could I forget? | 我当然不会忘记 |
[03:52] | Big, handsome, saves people’s lives. | 高大 英俊 救死扶伤 |
[03:56] | Why did you get the nice glass? | 为什么你的杯子格外漂亮一些 |
[03:59] | Because I have the Rhone Gallagher. | 因为我喝的是洛恩·加纳格尔[酒名 音译] |
[04:04] | Fine. what is it? | 好吧 那是什么 |
[04:05] | There’s a ship that went down in 1871, | 有一艘轮船于1871下水首航 |
[04:08] | and the casks of Rhone were on it. | 船上有一大批的洛恩酒 |
[04:10] | It was a very good year. | 那一年年景很好 |
[04:12] | And it sank, | 但最后这艘船沉没了 |
[04:13] | And they washed up on shore two years ago, | 两年前这艘沉船又被水冲上岸 |
[04:16] | And they sold 180 bottles, | 他们卖了船上的180瓶洛恩酒 |
[04:19] | And I have one. | 这就是其中一瓶 |
[04:21] | But not a sofa. | 也就一瓶而已 |
[04:24] | Joan, I want you to meet someone. | 琼 我给你引见一个人 |
[04:26] | My baby… Sheila. | 我的宝贝希拉 |
[04:28] | Sheila White. | 我叫希拉·怀特 |
[04:31] | Joan is our senior secretary. | 琼是我们的高级秘书 |
[04:32] | Office manager. | 准确地说是业务经理 |
[04:34] | Sheila’s an assistant manager. | 希拉是经理助理 |
[04:35] | At the Food Fair in south Orange. | 在奥兰治南部的”食天地”商场 |
[04:37] | She’s saving for school. | 为了筹钱交学费 |
[04:38] | – Kinsey! – what? | -金西 -什么事 |
[04:41] | The man upstairs is here. | 上面的那个大人物来了 |
[04:43] | God? | 上帝吗 |
[04:44] | No. it’s Mr. Hoffenberg. | 不 是霍夫伯格先生 |
[04:47] | He wants to talk to you. | 他想跟你谈谈 |
[04:49] | He smells marijuana. | 他身上有大麻味儿 |
[04:54] | Don’t talk until I get back. | 一定要等我回来再接着谈 |
[04:56] | I’m serious. | 我可是说真的 |
[05:00] | I don’t think we have a Food Fair in Manhattan. | 曼哈顿应该还没有”食天地”商场 |
[05:03] | Is it a big market with a parking lot? | 是带有停车场的大商场吗 |
[05:05] | It is. | 是的 |
[05:06] | Well, one day you’ll drive in in a station wagon and be a customer. | 有天你也会作为一位顾客 开旅行车进去 |
[05:09] | I grew up out here. | 我是那里长大的 |
[05:11] | I’ve already been a customer. | 经常光顾那里”食天地”商场 |
[05:14] | It’s fun to meet the boys, put faces with names. | 终于看到这些男孩长什么样了 真有趣 |
[05:17] | Well, it’s good to see you and Paul together. | 很高兴看到你和保罗在一起 |
[05:19] | I have to say, when Paul and I were together, | 恕我直言 以前我和保罗在一起的时候 |
[05:22] | The last thing I would have taken him for was open-minded. | 没发现他原来思想这么开明 |
[05:27] | I love your purse. | 我喜欢的你的包 |
[05:30] | Thanks. I just got it. | 谢谢 刚买的 |
[05:37] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[05:40] | Marjorie. works at the newsstand. | 马乔里 她在报刊亭工作 |
[05:43] | I like. | 我喜欢 |
[05:44] | But behind her. | 我是指她后面那东西 |
[05:48] | You stole that. | 你偷的 |
[05:49] | That’s from the office. | 那是办公室里的东西 |
[05:51] | That dumb girl almost got fired. | 那个无辜的女人差点因此被炒鱿鱼 |
[05:53] | But she didn’t. | 但她最后还是保住了工作 |
[05:55] | I’m a writer. I need it. | 我是个作家 我需要这东西 |
[06:07] | – Hey, Brooklyn, come home with me. -No | -布鲁克林小美人 去我家吧 -不 |
[06:14] | Why not? I live alone. | 为什么不行 我一个人住 |
[06:15] | Why should I? | 我为什么要跟你回去 |
[06:17] | Because I like you, and we’re having a good time, | 因为我喜欢你 而且我们在一起很快乐 |
[06:20] | And I’m a good kisser, | 还有 我的吻技一流哦 |
[06:22] | And you know you want to. | 你内心也是想去的 |
[06:25] | Eugene. | 尤金 |
[06:27] | I’m in the persuasion business, | 我的工作就是说服别人 |
[06:30] | And frankly, I’m disappointed by your presentation. | 坦白说 你花言巧语的功夫让我很失望 |
[06:41] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[07:19] | Fifth avenue’s a parking lot, in both directions. | 第五大道两端都被堵得水泄不通 |
[07:22] | Traffic makes the parade look bigger. | 车辆让这次游行显得更壮观了 |
[07:25] | What parade? | 什么游行 |
[07:26] | Colonel Glenn. | 格伦上校[传奇飞行员] |
[07:29] | It’s incredible what passes for heroism these days. | 真搞不懂现在的人是怎样定义英雄的 |
[07:33] | I’d like ticker tape for pulling out of my driveway | 估计刊载他消息的报纸叠起来比车道还长 |
[07:35] | And going around the block three times. | 说不定绕着街区转三圈都绰绰有余 |
[07:37] | It’s not like people were shooting at him. | 他又没有被人枪杀 |
[07:39] | I think he’s a winner. | 我觉得他的确是个赢家 |
[07:41] | Square jaw, false modesty. | 轮廓鲜明 故作谦逊 |
[07:43] | Looks like he just took off his letterman jacket. | 看上去似乎还稚气未脱 |
[07:46] | You going to go down there with your autograph book at lunch | 你是不是也打算趁午餐时去买他的签名书 |
[08:00] | Can I just fire everyone? | 我是不是该把他们通通炒鱿鱼 |
[08:04] | Excuse me! | 不好意思 |
[08:09] | Excuse me! | 不好意思 |
[08:11] | This is a place of business. | 这是工作的地方 |
[08:13] | Colonel Glenn will be on earth for the rest of his life. | 格伦上校这辈子有的是时间让你们看 |
[08:16] | Plane went down. | 一架飞机坠落了 |
[08:17] | American airlines flight 1 to Los Angeles. | 美国航空公司到洛杉矶的1号航班 |
[08:19] | Crashed in Jamaica bay. | 在牙买加失事 |
[08:25] | There could be a hundred people on there. | 飞机上大概有上百人 |
[08:27] | Just fell out of the sky. | 直接从空中坠落 |
[08:44] | Turn it off. | 关掉 |
[08:49] | Pull all Mohawk ROP. | 把莫霍克的广告撤下来 |
[08:50] | And anything in production, stop it. | 停止一切广告制作 |
[08:52] | But it wasn’t a Mohawk plane. | 但这又不是莫霍克 的飞机 |
[08:54] | We don’t want people opening their morning paper | 我们不能让读者打开晨报时看到 |
[08:56] | And seeing a Mohawk ad next to a picture of a floating engine | 莫霍克广告旁是失事飞机的残骸图片 |
[09:00] | The rest of you, stop crying | 还有你们 都别哭了 |
[09:01] | And figure out how we’re going to hit the ground running | 想想我们怎样才能在三周内 |
[09:04] | In three weeks with new work. | 创作出掷地有声的新广告作品 |
[09:06] | Excuse me. | 麻烦让一下 |
[09:07] | Well, for one thing, | 眼下 我们似乎 |
[09:09] | We should probably avoid the term “hit the ground.” | 不该用”掷地”这个词 |
[09:12] | How about “Idlewild to Rockaway in less than eight minutes”? | 那说8分钟内从艾德威尔德机场到洛克威怎么样 |
[09:20] | Answer the phone, sweetheart. | 接电话 宝贝 |
[09:25] | some of the passengers… | 有些乘客 |
[09:26] | were on their way to a golf tournament. | 是前去看高尔夫联赛 |
[09:28] | Apparently, the minute the plane hit, | 显然飞机着陆时 |
[09:30] | The bay turned plaid. | 海湾都成方格状了 |
[09:35] | Get back to work. | 工作去 |
[09:38] | Jets are made for dropping bombs on Moscow, | 飞机就是用来向莫斯科扔炸弹的 |
[09:40] | Not french cuisine. | 不是运输法国菜 |
[09:44] | Although I like those little girls they have. | 不过我倒是很喜欢法国女孩 |
[09:47] | You know, they’re completely captive. | 很容易就能得到她们的芳心 |
[09:51] | Mr. Phillips to see you. | 菲利普斯先生要见你 |
[09:55] | Send him in. | 让他进来 |
[10:02] | Someone should tell Draper to pull everything from Mohawk. | 应该让德雷柏撤掉莫霍克的一切广告 |
[10:05] | He knows that. | 他知道的 |
[10:08] | I just had an interesting conversation with Shel Keneally. | 我刚和肖·肯尼利谈了下 |
[10:11] | He’s inside of American Airlines. | 他在美国航空公司工作 |
[10:13] | Is the plane still crashed? | 现在飞机的情况怎么样了 |
[10:16] | Shel was a client when I was at Y&R in London. | 肖是我在伦敦扬·罗必凯公司工作时的客户 |
[10:18] | We had some times together. | 我们合作得很愉快 |
[10:21] | It’s complete chaos over there. | 现在那边一片混乱 |
[10:25] | They have any idea what went wrong? | 他们弄清楚事故原因没有 |
[10:27] | None. | 还没有 |
[10:29] | Normal takeoff, perfect weather. | 起飞很正常 天气也很好 |
[10:31] | The thing just nose-dived, exploded. | 但飞机就这么突然坠落 接着就爆炸了 |
[10:32] | That’s not comforting. | 这消息可让人很不安 |
[10:35] | Shel says they’re going to need to make a fresh start. | 肖说他们需要重新开始 |
[10:38] | Did he say “fresh start”? | 他说过”重新开始”这样的话吗 |
[10:39] | A few times. | 说过几次 |
[10:43] | That is an interesting phone call. | 真是一次有趣的通话 |
[10:51] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:57] | I can’t talk right now. | 我现在不方便说话 |
[11:39] | Mr. Campbell, are you all right? | 坎贝尔先生 你还好吧 |
[11:44] | Mr. campbell? | 坎贝尔先生 |
[11:50] | I’m sorry. am I bothering you? | 抱歉 我打扰到您了吗 |
[11:52] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[11:56] | I just got off the phone with my brother. | 我刚和我哥通完电话 |
[12:00] | It’s the strangest thing. | 太难以置信了 |
[12:02] | Apparently, my father was on that plane. | 我没有想到 我爸也在那架飞机上 |
[12:08] | What? | 什么 |
[12:11] | My father, he was on the plane. | 我爸刚好乘坐那架飞机 |
[12:22] | God, I’m sorry to hear that. | 天啊 我很抱歉 |
[12:29] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[12:33] | I just saw him at the barber. | 我不久前才在理发店见到他 |
[12:37] | Paul molen on lex. | 就是列克星敦大街的保罗理发店里 |
[12:46] | What does one do? | 这种情况下人们通常会怎样做 |
[12:49] | Make arrangements, I guess. | 我想应该都是安排老人的身后事吧 |
[12:53] | What am I supposed to do? | 我该怎么办 |
[12:57] | What people do. | 做你该做的 |
[12:59] | Go home. | 先回家 |
[13:02] | I don’t even think I know how old he was. | 我甚至连他多少岁都不知道 |
[13:06] | Someone’s going to ask that. | 或许有人会问我 |
[13:10] | I don’t know. I suppose. | 我不知道 我想大概会有人这么问吧 |
[13:12] | You know what? | 跟你说 |
[13:13] | I don’t think I’m going to tell anyone. | 我想我不会四处散布我父亲的讣告的 |
[13:17] | Am I going to cry? | 我会大哭一场吗 |
[13:22] | You just had a shock. | 你刚只是被吓到了 |
[13:23] | I wouldn’t… worry about what you’re feeling. | 我能理解的你现在的心情 |
[13:28] | Go home and be with your family. | 回去跟家人呆在一起吧 |
[13:30] | Why? | 为什么 |
[13:33] | Because that’s what people do. | 因为人们一般都会这样做 |
[13:35] | Is that what you would do? | 你会这样做吗 |
[13:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:42] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[13:44] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:51] | Everything’s exactly the same. | 一切都没有变 |
[13:57] | You should go home. | 你应该回家去 |
[14:05] | What about the Stouffer’s meeting? | 斯托弗那边的会议怎么办 |
[14:07] | I’ll cancel it. | 我会取消的 |
[14:09] | It’s not hurting anything. | 不会有什么影响的 |
[14:14] | There’s life, and there’s work. | 除了工作 还有生活 |
[14:30] | Hey, I got one. | 我想到一个 |
[14:31] | “Mohawk airlines… | 莫霍克航空 |
[14:33] | when you need to make it past Jamaica Bay.” | 助你穿越牙买加海湾 |
[14:35] | How about “American… pioneering vertical flight”? | 那”美国垂直飞行之先河”如何 |
[14:40] | Mr. Draper, Mr. Cooper would like to see you. | 德雷柏先生 库珀先生要见你 |
[14:52] | I spoke with Hank Lamont over at Mohawk. | 我和莫霍克公司的汉克·拉蒙特谈了下 |
[14:54] | How are they doing over there? | 他们那边现在情况怎样 |
[14:56] | He says they can weather it out. | 他说应该能度过这个难关 |
[14:58] | I always get the feeling | 我一直觉得 |
[14:59] | That man opens his front door and money comes in. | 那人财路四通八达 |
[15:01] | Always cleaned me out. | 却总是让我血本无归 |
[15:03] | Best poker player in the south Pacific. | 南太平洋最好的扑克牌手 |
[15:04] | Duck, tell Don here about your phone call. | 达克 跟唐说说那次通话 |
[15:07] | Well, I put in a call to check in with Shel Keneally | 我给肖·肯尼利打了电话 |
[15:10] | over at American Airlines. | 想了解一下美航那边的情况 |
[15:12] | He used to run international. | 他以前是运营国际航班的 |
[15:13] | We’re old pals. | 我们是老朋友了 |
[15:14] | He picked up the phone? | 他接电话了吗 |
[15:15] | What’s going on over there? | 那边什么情况 |
[15:17] | Shel says it’s bedlam. | 肖说那边一片混乱 |
[15:18] | Anyway, he was quite clear about the fact | 不过 有一点他很确定 |
[15:20] | That they’re going to want to make changes | 他们只有大刀阔斧地进行改革 |
[15:21] | If they want the dust to settle fast. | 才能尽快让这一事件尘埃落定 |
[15:24] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[15:25] | It means they’ll be looking for a new image | 这就是说他们要树立新的形象 |
[15:29] | And thus a new agency. | 因此需要借助一家新的广告机构 |
[15:35] | What’s it been, | 这才过了多久 |
[15:35] | Four, three hours, since the plane went down? | 离飞机失事也就三四个小时而已 |
[15:38] | You’ll have to forgive me | 我大概得请求你们的原谅了 |
[15:40] | For not looking at a bunch of bodies in Jamaica bay | 看着牙买加海湾成片的尸体 |
[15:42] | And seeing the opportunity. | 我可没洞察到什么商机 |
[15:43] | Adding a few hours or a day or a week | 如果不趁现在抓紧时间行动 |
[15:45] | Doesn’t make this any more of an opportunity. | 商机就会从我们手中溜走 |
[15:47] | We already have an airline. | 我们已经有一家航空公司客户了 |
[15:48] | We don’t have American. | 但那不是美航 |
[15:49] | That’s right, we have the one whose planes | 是啊 不过 我们这家航空公司 |
[15:50] | Didn’t just fall out of the sky. | 可没有发生飞机坠毁事件 |
[15:52] | That’s good. | 说得很好 |
[15:54] | I’m sorry. is there an issue? | 抱歉 事情不是很明确吗 |
[15:55] | $1 million. $7 million. | 1百万和7百万之间的博弈 |
[15:58] | Am I missing something? | 你们是不是隐瞒了什么信息 |
[15:59] | Did you sign American during this phone call? | 你已经在电话中签成合同了吗 |
[16:01] | No, but shel made it very clear | 没有 但肖说的很清楚 |
[16:02] | That if we can get rid of our conflict, | 如果我们能解决彼此之间的矛盾 |
[16:04] | He’d love to hear our ideas | 他会很乐意听听我们的想法 |
[16:05] | It’s a serious foothold. | 这可是个基本的立足点 |
[16:06] | A foothold. I’d do anything for a foothold. | 立足点 我愿意为之竭尽全力 |
[16:09] | This is how it works. | 做生意就得这样 |
[16:11] | We got a regional airline | 我们已经有了地区航空公司这样的客户 |
[16:12] | So we’d have a shot at a big one. | 我们应该争取拿下更大的航空公司 |
[16:14] | I know how you had it in your head. | 我知道你是怎么想的 |
[16:16] | The president of American Airlines sees a Mohawk ad, | 你希望美航董事长看到莫霍克的广告时 |
[16:18] | Falls in love, and says “get me that guy.” | 立马喜欢上 并点名要你 |
[16:20] | I’m sorry it didn’t play out that way. | 很遗憾事情并不是这样 |
[16:23] | Easy. | 别激动 |
[16:29] | We have a good client who trusts us, | 我们有一个很好的客户 信任我们 |
[16:32] | who likes our work, | 喜欢我们的策划 |
[16:33] | Who pays their bills on time. | 按时付款 |
[16:36] | They don’t deserve to be thrown out the door | 我们不应该抛弃他们 |
[16:38] | For a wink from American. | 只为了讨好美航 |
[16:40] | I can’t believe this. | 你简直不可理喻 |
[16:45] | Anything else? | 还有什么事吗 |
[16:55] | He’ll be fine. | 他过会就好了 |
[17:02] | I’ll need to cancel my reservations to Sarasota | 我需要取消去萨拉索塔的航班 |
[17:06] | And, of course, Andrew’s return flight. | 当然 还有安德鲁的返程机票 |
[17:10] | But I… well, they can’t possibly expect… | 但是 他们不可能再 |
[17:14] | I’m sure that’s taken care of. | 我相信这事会处理好的 |
[17:15] | Dunham’s taking care of all that. | 邓纳姆会处理好一切的 |
[17:17] | Bud’s on the phone with him right now. | 布德现在正在跟他打电话 |
[17:19] | I’m sure he’ll forget something. | 他肯定会遗漏什么 |
[17:22] | There’s no way that he can remember everything. | 他不可能什么事都记得做 |
[17:25] | Bud’s very good with things like this. | 布德做这些很在行的 |
[17:28] | Is he aware there is no way to have a funeral without the remains. | 他难道不觉得葬礼上没有遗体会不妥吗 |
[17:32] | What’s the difference? | 这有什么关系 |
[17:35] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[17:38] | There’s just so much to do. | 我们能做的也只有这些了 |
[17:41] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[17:44] | What? | 什么 |
[17:45] | That. | 那个 |
[17:47] | That. | 那个 |
[17:52] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[17:55] | Take it. | 拿走吧 |
[17:56] | I want you to have it. | 你把它拿去吧 |
[18:01] | He was such a fine man, | 他真是一个好人 |
[18:04] | So well-mannered, civic. | 彬彬有礼 并且有责任感 |
[18:06] | My father admired him. | 我父亲很欣赏他 |
[18:08] | What a nice thing to say. | 说得真好 |
[18:12] | I like to offer a nice bouquet of thoughts. | 我喜欢说一些赞美之词 |
[18:23] | Did you take care of everything? | 你把全部的事都处理好了吗 |
[18:26] | They do this all the time. | 他们常年就是干这个的 |
[18:28] | – what? – I took care of it. | -什么 -我处理好了 |
[18:33] | Give me another one of those, a big one. | 给我来杯大的 |
[18:36] | Dunham had some unpleasant news. | 邓纳姆听到一些不好的消息 |
[18:39] | Dad was insolvent, broke. | 爸爸因无力偿还欠债而破产了 |
[18:42] | Is there enough for a funeral? | 家里的钱还够支付葬礼吗 |
[18:44] | As if the idea of a will never crossed your mind? | 你难道就没想过遗嘱的事吗 |
[18:48] | We weren’t going to get that. | 我们得不到的 |
[18:49] | You weren’t. | 是你得不到 |
[18:53] | What about her money? | 那妈的财产呢 |
[18:55] | The Dykeman trust isn’t as solid as one would hope. | 戴克曼信托财产并没有我们期望的那么多 |
[18:57] | A lot of loans were taken out by the President… | 董事长借了不少钱 |
[19:00] | And recipient… daddy. | 而收款人是 爸爸 |
[19:02] | Really? for what? | 真的吗 怎么会这样 |
[19:06] | I asked Dunham if there was a woman. | 我问过邓纳姆爸爸是不是在外面有女人 |
[19:08] | He said no. | 他说没有 |
[19:10] | It’s all oysters, travel, and club memberships. | 钱都花在买牡蛎 旅行 还有会费 |
[19:14] | Does she know? | 妈知道吗 |
[19:15] | You want to tell her? go ahead. | 你想告诉她吗 去吧 |
[19:24] | Everything’s been taken care of. | 一切都已经处理好了 |
[19:27] | Boys. | 孩子们 |
[19:33] | Father called you salt and pepper. | 你爸爸把你们比作盐和胡椒[形容差别大] |
[19:39] | That’s beautiful, Dot. | 很美的比喻啊 丹图 |
[19:46] | Hi, daddy. | 嗨 爸爸 |
[19:53] | I made you a ham sandwich. | 我给你做了火腿三明治 |
[19:55] | What is this? | 这是做什么 |
[19:56] | Carlton and Francine are coming over for cards. | 卡尔顿和弗朗辛待会会来打牌 |
[19:58] | Oh, bets. didn’t we just do that? | 我们不是才打过不久吗 |
[20:05] | We haven’t done it since before christmas. | 那是圣诞前的事了 |
[20:07] | And they keep inviting us, and we never go. | 他们一直邀请我们去 我们一次都没去 |
[20:09] | Can I play cards? I want to play. | 我可以打牌吗 我也想参加 |
[20:13] | I’m going to lie down for a minute. | 我想先躺会儿 |
[20:15] | I have the chenille bedspread on. | 我铺上了新的绒线床罩 |
[20:17] | Pull it back or they’ll see the marks on your face | 记得放下来 不然他们会看到你脸上的印痕 |
[20:19] | And know you were sleeping. | 然后就会知道你刚刚在睡觉 |
[20:21] | You can say hello to everyone, then it’s off to bed. | 你可以先向大家问好 然后就去睡觉 |
[20:31] | Muddled. That means smash it. | 混合 意思就是要将它碾碎 |
[20:35] | He’ll be nicer on the second one. | 给他再来一杯 他就不会这样挑剔了 |
[20:37] | You did a wonderful job on mine. | 我的这杯泡得很好 |
[20:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[20:40] | Go take mommy and Francine’s orders. | 你去帮妈妈和弗朗辛的忙 |
[20:44] | Bobby, that is your last one. | 博比 只能吃最后一块了 |
[20:45] | All right. come on, go. | 好了 去吧 |
[20:47] | Watch tv. | 看电视去 |
[20:51] | They’re growing like weeds. | 他们长得可真快啊 |
[20:53] | That’s true. | 是啊 |
[20:54] | We have the Caruthers girl over to baby-sit already. | 卡拉瑟斯家的女孩现在是我家的保姆 |
[20:57] | Can you believe that? | 难以置信吧 |
[20:59] | I don’t think we know her. | 我们好像不认识那个女孩吧 |
[21:01] | You’d remember. | 你应该还记得 |
[21:03] | Goes to Immaculate Heart. | 她在圣心学校念书 |
[21:04] | I’ve been out of high school a long time, | 我虽然离开学校已经有很长时间了 |
[21:07] | But honestly, the way these girls dress, And those uniforms. | 但坦白说 那些女孩的衣着 那些校服 |
[21:13] | Carlton. | 卡尔顿 |
[21:15] | What? | 什么事 |
[21:17] | I’m enjoying this story so far, | 这故事很吸引我 |
[21:19] | But I have a feeling it’s not going to end well. | 但结局恐怕会不尽人意 |
[21:22] | I think that Francine brings her in to torture me. | 我想弗朗辛是故意用她来折磨我 |
[21:25] | I mean, everything I do rubs her the wrong way. | 我做什么都惹她不高兴 |
[21:29] | I got rid of the apartment in the city. | 我放弃了城里的公寓 |
[21:31] | I’m taking her to Nassau. | 带她去拿骚那样的小镇 |
[21:33] | There was a pie cooling in the windowsill, | 眼睁睁的看着美味的馅饼在窗台上变凉 |
[21:36] | And I’m not even supposed to smell it? | 我却连闻的机会都没有 |
[21:40] | It’s darkness at noon. | 世界陷入一片漆黑 |
[21:41] | What do you want to hear? | 你想要我说什么 |
[21:42] | Now, come on.Don’t be like that. | 好了 别这样 |
[21:44] | Two tom collins. | 两杯杜松子果汁酒 |
[21:47] | Okay, you don’t smash the cherry on that. | 好 别把樱桃给弄碎了 |
[21:50] | Just plop it in at the end. | 最后放点在里面就可以了 |
[21:52] | Try to keep it in the top of the glass. Gin. | 尽量让它浮在杜松子酒上面 |
[22:25] | Oh, good, you didn’t wait. | 噢 天啊 你们没等我吃饭啊 |
[22:26] | We couldn’t. it’s late. | 太晚了 所以就没等了 |
[22:28] | Work. | 工作给耽搁了 |
[22:30] | Your hair looks nice. | 你发型不错啊 |
[22:32] | It does, | 是啊 |
[22:33] | And she fought with Mr. Pierre every minute of it. | 她可忙着跟皮埃尔先生打情骂俏呢 |
[22:37] | He’s got some funny ideas. | 他这人挺有趣的 |
[22:40] | You want something to eat? | 要不要吃点东西 |
[22:42] | No, thank you. I already ate. | 谢谢 不用了 我吃过了 |
[22:47] | Connie Griffin was in her yard, hanging laundry in Bergen beach. | 康妮·格里芬当时在卑尔根海滩晾衣服 |
[22:50] | She saw the whole thing. | 她目睹了整件事的经过 |
[22:52] | Can you imagine? | 太不可思议了 |
[22:53] | WOR said there were sharks eating the victims. | WOR电视台说有鲨鱼以遇难者的尸体为食 |
[22:56] | That’s worth reporting. | 这确实值得报道一下 |
[22:58] | You want toast? | 你要吃吐司吗 |
[22:59] | Mama, I already ate. | 妈 我已经吃过了 |
[23:01] | You say you’re coming to dinner, and you already ate? | 你不是说来吃饭的吗 怎么先吃了 |
[23:05] | I came because I wanted to see you. | 我是想来看看您 |
[23:07] | We never see you. | 我们可难见你一面 |
[23:10] | I’m here. right now. | 我现在不是在这里吗 |
[23:15] | Such a pretty face. | 多美的一张脸啊 |
[23:19] | Gladys Rhine was asking for you at church. | 我在教堂的时候格拉迪斯·莱茵问到你 |
[23:24] | Babe saw your brassiere ads in the newspaper. | 那小孩在报上看了你们做的内衣广告 |
[23:26] | You should see poor Donny. his skin is horrible. | 可怜的小唐 皮肤真糟糕 |
[23:30] | Clearasil. | 克利拉思祛痘膏 |
[23:31] | – He’s beyond that. – It’s a shame. | -这对他没用 -太可惜了 |
[23:33] | He’s a handsome boy. | 本来长得挺俊的 |
[23:36] | Lots of people was asking me about you. | 很多人都在向我打听你的事 |
[23:40] | Doesn’t mean the same thing to me that it means to you. | 这对你和对我的意义是不一样的 |
[23:45] | I think your father would like it if you lit a candle for him. | 你若能为你父亲点只蜡烛 他会开心的 |
[23:54] | I pray for you. | 我会为你祈祷的 |
[24:03] | You know she lies and tells people | 她向别人撒谎说 |
[24:05] | You’re out of town on business. | 你是因为公事出去了 |
[24:06] | She has some made-up church in Wilkes-barre, Pennsylvania, | 她还造谣说你去了宾州威克斯巴勒的教堂 |
[24:09] | Where you go to mass with a friend of hers. | 说你跟她一个朋友去做弥撒去了 |
[24:11] | No one asked her to lie. | 没人让她说谎 |
[24:13] | She’s not going to be here forever. | 她在这里也呆不了多久了 |
[24:19] | Would it kill you to go? | 你这么不想走吗 |
[24:22] | I don’t want to. | 我不想走 |
[24:24] | And I’m capable of making my own decisions. | 我有能力自己做决定 |
[24:26] | Really? State of New York didn’t think so. | 是吗 纽约州可不同意 |
[24:29] | The doctors didn’t think so. | 医生也不会同意的 |
[24:33] | Did you bring the vacuum? | 你带真空吸尘器了吗 |
[24:35] | Yes. | 带了 |
[24:37] | Did you empty the bag? | 袋子清空没有 |
[24:39] | Yes. | 清空了 |
[24:46] | How do you let her get away with making a bid of 150? | 你是怎么让她叫牌叫到150的 |
[24:49] | She usually overbids. how was I supposed to know? | 她总是叫牌叫很高 我怎么知道 |
[24:52] | I do not overbid. I’m cautious. | 我才没有叫牌过高呢 我很谨慎的 |
[24:54] | I hear it’s going to be a row of apartments all up Cedar lane. | 我听说雪松大道上将建一排新的房子 |
[25:00] | No more cedars. | 现在已经没有雪松了 |
[25:03] | No parking around the school. | 学校周围也没有停车场 |
[25:05] | You know, I could’ve had that property for a song? | 我本来可以以超低价格买下那里 |
[25:08] | A song and a half, tops. | 绝对的低价 |
[25:10] | I thought he was crazy, but there you go. | 我起初还觉得他想法有点荒唐 可结果呢 |
[25:18] | I’m sure we have something else to talk about. | 我们还是谈点别的吧 |
[25:22] | Did you hear about that jetliner? | 你们听说失事客机的事情了吗 |
[25:25] | Terrible. It’s terrible. | 太可怕了 |
[25:28] | I was supposed to fly to Cleveland. | 我原本打算坐飞机去克利夫兰 |
[25:30] | Now I can’t. I have to take the train. | 现在看来还是坐火车好了 |
[25:32] | Nine hours. | 要坐9小时 |
[25:35] | You have got to be kidding. | 这简直是在开玩笑嘛 |
[25:37] | Sorry. | 不好意思啊 |
[25:40] | I love the train. You do, too. | 我喜欢坐火车 你不也喜欢吗 |
[25:46] | Bobby. | 博比 |
[25:48] | Go back to bed. | 回床上去 |
[25:51] | I’m scared. I heard something. | 我很害怕 我听到奇怪的声音 |
[25:53] | Everything’s great. Go back to bed. | 一切都好好的 回床上去吧 |
[25:59] | Bobby. | 博比 |
[26:03] | Come on. | 来 |
[26:05] | Do what your mother says. | 听妈妈的话 |
[26:09] | When I was a child, | 我小时候 |
[26:11] | I would’ve been way more afraid of my father than of going to sleep. | 虽然也害怕一个人睡觉 但我更怕我爸爸 |
[26:14] | I hated going to sleep when I was a kid. | 我小时候也讨厌上床睡觉 |
[26:16] | But I bet you did when you were told. | 但当大人们呵斥之后你肯定也就乖乖睡了 |
[26:19] | With a stack of comics and a flashlight. | 在床上用手电筒看漫画 |
[26:20] | I don’t care what they do when they’re up there. | 我才懒得管他们在床上做什么 |
[26:23] | I just like a few hours of quiet. | 我只希望能安静会 |
[26:25] | Ernie tests my patience. | 艾妮也在考验我的忍耐力 |
[26:31] | Said he saw a ghost. | 他说他看见了鬼 |
[26:35] | He was scared. | 被吓到了 |
[26:36] | He’s a little liar. | 他是个小骗子 |
[26:40] | He is? | 不会吧 |
[26:41] | He drew the most amazing picture of George Washington the other day. | 他那天画了一张出色的乔治·华盛顿画像 |
[26:45] | His teacher was so impressed, | 他的老师对此赞赏有加 |
[26:47] | She put it up in the hallway. | 还把画贴在走廊上 |
[26:49] | It really looked like him. | 画得是挺像 |
[26:51] | Well, obviously. | 当然了 |
[26:53] | Because he brought it home, | 他把画带了回来 |
[26:54] | And I noticed the exact same image of Washington | 我看到他书的封面上有 |
[26:57] | On the cover of one of his books. | 一模一样的图片 |
[26:59] | He had traced it. | 他是照着书上的痕迹描摹的 |
[27:00] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[27:02] | He brought a book to school so he could trace it? | 他带书到学校就是为了描摹上面的图片 |
[27:04] | Well, I don’t know. maybe they had it there. | 这我也不清楚 或许这本书本来就在学校 |
[27:07] | I mean, the point is it was dishonest. | 关键是他不诚实 |
[27:09] | My whole art department is run on tracing paper. | 我们整个美工部都是这样描图纸 |
[27:13] | Why reinvent the wheel? | 有现成的干嘛不利用 |
[27:15] | I’ve got the rest. | 我出完了 |
[27:20] | I don’t care about tracing. | 我不介意他临摹图画 |
[27:22] | What about all that praise he accepted for something he didn’t do? | 但他不应该接受不应得的表扬 |
[27:26] | Well, the book says they start fibbing at this age. | 书上说他们这年纪是会撒点小谎 |
[27:29] | They want to see if they can make it come true. | 他们想验证一下撒谎能否最终成功 |
[27:32] | I don’t need a book to know what little boys do. | 我不用书来告诉我这些小男孩是怎么想的 |
[27:39] | You have anything you want me to take back to the library? | 有没有书需要我拿去图书馆还的 |
[27:42] | Anything you want me to pick up? | 或是有什么要带的 |
[27:43] | No. I have to renew the Agony and the Ecstasy. | 不用了 我要续借《痛苦与狂喜》 |
[27:48] | It’s taking forever. | 得花很长的时间才能看完 |
[27:50] | I should go. I have to work tomorrow. | 我得走了 明天还要工作 |
[27:52] | Busy bee. | 真勤劳 |
[27:56] | Aren’t you going to say good night? | 不跟他们道晚安吗 |
[28:23] | Hi, aunt Peggy. | 嗨 佩奇阿姨 |
[28:37] | Marilyn says Helen bishop’s trying to stop them | 玛丽莲说海伦·碧西伯 |
[28:39] | From putting parking meters at depot plaza. | 不让他们在广场收取停车费 |
[28:42] | Apparently, she got chummy with some administrator at the high school. | 她的确跟中学的某个领导关系暧昧 |
[28:45] | Big, fat fellow. | 那个大块头家伙 |
[28:48] | Carlton’s put on a few. | 卡尔顿最近长胖了些 |
[28:50] | I think it’s nice he’s filled out. | 这挺好的啊 |
[28:53] | It shows he’s happy. | 说明他过得挺开心的 |
[28:55] | I wouldn’t say that. | 我可不这样认为 |
[28:58] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[29:01] | Did he say something? what did he say? | 他说了什么了吗 快告诉我 |
[29:02] | He didn’t say anything. | 他什么也没说 |
[29:06] | Well, he should be happy. | 他应该感到开心 |
[29:08] | Okay, maybe he is. | 或许吧 |
[29:10] | He should be happy and grateful | 他应该开心 并且心怀感恩 |
[29:11] | And showering Francine with love after what he put her through. | 他让弗朗辛受了这么多苦 应该加倍爱她 |
[29:14] | Look, bets, I’m not going to fight. | 听着 我不想跟你争吵 |
[29:21] | I’ll say whatever you think I should say, | 我会说合你意的话 |
[29:23] | But I’m not going to fight with you. | 但不会跟你争吵 |
[30:18] | What, sweetheart? | 怎么了 亲爱的 |
[30:20] | You laughed. what’s funny? | 你刚刚笑了 有什么有趣的事 |
[30:24] | I just… | 我只是 |
[30:26] | I was just thinking that the last conversation I had with him. | 我只是想起了和他的最后一次谈话 |
[30:30] | We were arguing about whether Barney Kellogg | 我们当时在争论巴尼·凯洛克 |
[30:32] | Bred Boston terriers or French bulldogs. | 养的是波士顿猎狗还是法国斗牛犬 |
[30:37] | I’m sorry you were arguing. | 真遗憾你们最后一次谈话居然在争吵 |
[30:40] | Those ugly little pushed-in faces. | 那只狗有着丑陋凹陷的脸 |
[30:43] | The labored breathing. | 呼吸很艰难 |
[30:47] | He said they were French bulldogs. | 他认为是法国斗牛犬 |
[30:49] | I said they were Boston terriers. | 我却坚持说它们是波士顿猎狗 |
[30:52] | He was angry about it. | 他为此还很生气 |
[30:55] | Oh, Peter, neither of you knew it was the last time. | 皮特 你们都没料到这会是最后一次谈话 |
[31:00] | Fighting about facts, my mother calls it. We do it all the time. | 我妈说我们总是在为事实争论 |
[31:05] | Argue over something that’s actually one thing or another. | 为一件又一件事争论不休 |
[31:11] | What do Barney’s dogs look like? | 巴尼的狗长什么样 |
[31:13] | Just beige. | 淡棕色 |
[31:14] | Kind of like pugs, but with big ears. | 有点像哈巴狗 但耳朵很大 |
[31:19] | Those are French bulldogs. | 那确实是法国猎犬 |
[31:21] | Really? | 是吗 |
[31:30] | When I woke up, I felt fine for a minute. | 我刚刚醒来时还感觉好好的 |
[31:36] | Then I remembered. | 但之后却想起了这事 |
[31:39] | You should be thinking about the good times. | 你应该想想你们在一起的快乐日子 |
[31:43] | Right. | 是啊 |
[31:46] | So they go out a third time, | 所以他们又去了第三次 |
[31:48] | And now the restaurant’s even worse… Indian food. | 这次的饭店更糟糕 印度菜 |
[31:51] | But she really likes him. | 但她确实很喜欢他 |
[31:52] | I told you he worked for city hall, for the mayor. | 我跟你提过他在市政厅为市长做事 |
[31:55] | – So what happened? – I need three copies. | -接下来发生什么事了 -我需要复印三份 |
[31:57] | One goes to Mr. Robinson, one to Mr. Fairbanks, | 一份给罗宾森先生 一份给费尔班克斯先生 |
[32:00] | And one to Mr. Smith. | 还有一份给史密斯先生 |
[32:01] | The strange one. | 就是有点奇怪的那个 |
[32:02] | That doesn’t narrow it down. | 还是没说清楚是哪个 |
[32:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:06] | Mr. Kinsey. | 金西先生 |
[32:07] | Is something wrong? | 有什么不对劲吗 |
[32:12] | I’m avoiding you. | 我一直在回避你 |
[32:13] | Or haven’t you noticed that after three days? | 这三天来你都没有发现吗 |
[32:16] | Are you worried about the typewriter? | 你是在担心那台打字机吧 |
[32:18] | I’m not going to tell anyone. | 我不会告诉任何人的 |
[32:19] | Although you were so brazen, | 虽然你这人厚颜无耻 |
[32:21] | You don’t deserve clemency. | 你不配得到仁慈的对待 |
[32:25] | What did you say to Sheila? | 你对希拉说了什么 |
[32:27] | – Who? – Sheila. | -谁 – 希拉 |
[32:29] | My girlfriend. | 我女朋友 |
[32:31] | Describe her to me. | 跟我说说她长什么样 |
[32:32] | Very funny. | 真可笑 |
[32:34] | I know what’s first on the list. | 我知道她有什么地方吸引你 |
[32:37] | Oh, my god, I knew you were a lot of things… | 我早就知道你这人不简单 |
[32:40] | I’m not a phony. | 起码我不是个骗子 |
[32:42] | You’re so proud. | 真够得意的 |
[32:43] | It’s so obvious why you’re seeing her. | 你跟她约会的目的是显而易见 |
[32:46] | A supermarket checkout girl? | 就那个超市售货员 |
[32:48] | Conversation must be stimulating. | 谈话一定很刺激吧 |
[32:51] | Lettuce costs a nickel. | 莴苣5分钱一个 |
[32:52] | What a relief. you’re just jealous. | 我可以放心了 你是在嫉妒 |
[32:54] | Because you’re the one who got away? | 那是因为你一直在逃避 |
[32:56] | You, out there in your poor-little-rich-boy apartment | 你住在那可怜的公子哥公寓里 |
[33:01] | In Newark or wherever. | 在纽瓦克还是什么地方来着 |
[33:03] | Walking around with your pipe and your beard. | 留着胡须叼着烟斗四处转悠 |
[33:06] | Falling in love with that girl | 与那女孩坠入爱河 |
[33:08] | Just to show how interesting you are. | 就为了展示你的风趣 |
[33:13] | Go ahead. what part is wrong? | 继续啊 难道我哪里说错了吗 |
[33:31] | Pete? | 皮特 |
[33:33] | Duck. come in. | 达克 进来 |
[33:37] | Where’s the girl? | 那女孩哪去了 |
[33:39] | She’s supposed to tell me if she goes anywhere. | 她应该事先跟我说一声去哪里的 |
[33:46] | When my old man died, I went on a hell of a bender. | 我父亲死后 我也颓废了好长一段时间 |
[33:51] | You heard about that. | 噢 你也听说了 |
[33:52] | I had to read about it in the Times. | 在泰晤士报上得知的 |
[33:55] | I wish you felt that you could talk to me about it. | 我希望你能主动跟我谈谈 |
[33:57] | You should be able to. we’re practically family here. | 你应该这样做 我们也差不多算是一家人了 |
[34:03] | I don’t know, Duck. | 达克 我实在不知道说什么 |
[34:06] | There’s not a lot to say. | 没什么好说的 |
[34:07] | No, of course not. | 当然了 |
[34:12] | Your old man was in advertising, right? | 你父亲是广告业的吧 |
[34:15] | Boston. | 在波士顿 |
[34:16] | Used to talk about the ’20s | 总是谈起20年代的事 |
[34:18] | like we’re idiots. | 弄得我们像傻瓜一样 |
[34:20] | My father wasn’t. | 我父亲可不是广告业的 |
[34:23] | Of course, it turns out I really didn’t know anything about him | 因此 我对他几乎一无所知 |
[34:26] | Except that he did not like advertising. | 不过我知道他很讨厌广告 |
[34:28] | Ah, that’s his style. | 这是他个人喜好问题 |
[34:30] | I’m sure he was proud of you. | 我想他一定为你感到自豪 |
[34:32] | Some people have trouble saying it. | 只是有的人不知该如何表达 |
[34:35] | Yes. that was a problem for him. | 是的 他的确不善言辞 |
[34:38] | What’s not to be proud of? | 他应该为你感到骄傲 |
[34:40] | You pay attention. You’re hungry. | 你工作认真 又有抱负 |
[34:42] | Most of the time you know what you’re doing. I’ve noticed that. | 据我观察 大多数时候你都目标明确 |
[34:47] | I appreciate that. | 谢谢你能这么说 |
[34:52] | Now, I don’t want you to think I’m being insensitive, | 希望你不要认为我接下来要讲的话不合适 |
[34:55] | But we’re going after American Airlines. | 我们要争取美国航空公司 |
[35:01] | Well, it’s… I don’t want to make you feel uncomfortable. | 我 我不希望你情感上觉得难以接受 |
[35:04] | Okay. | 好的 |
[35:08] | I’m meeting at the university club with Shel Keneally. | 我会去大学俱乐部跟肖·肯尼利见面 |
[35:10] | Tonight, actually. get everything rolling. | 实际上就在今晚 启动一切计划 |
[35:13] | If anything, I’d like you on board. | 总之 我希望你能加入我们 |
[35:15] | I want you leading the way on this thing. | 并负责这次的项目 |
[35:21] | I think I am uncomfortable. | 我想我的确难以接受 |
[35:28] | I don’t think I should do that. | 我觉得我不适合接这项任务 |
[35:29] | It just happened. | 我父亲才刚去世 |
[35:37] | I haven’t even cried yet. | 我还没来得及大哭一场 |
[35:41] | Of course. It was inappropriate. | 这确实不太合适 |
[35:53] | I’m sorry for your loss. | 我为此感到遗憾[双关 亦指失去这个机会] |
[36:13] | Can you come in here with the papers I asked for? | 麻烦你把我要的文件拿进来 |
[36:23] | Sweetheart. | 亲爱的 |
[36:24] | You mind? | 请回避一下 |
[36:30] | I need you to set a meeting. | 你需要组织一次会议 |
[36:32] | A quiet place, but public. | 安静点的公共场所 |
[36:35] | Have a heart-to-heart with Henry Lamont. | 跟亨利·拉蒙特好好谈一次 |
[36:37] | Why would I do that? | 为什么要那么做 |
[36:38] | Because we’re cutting him loose. | 因为我们要跟他们解除合作关系 |
[36:41] | Duck’s having a meeting with Shel Keneally | 达克今晚会去见 |
[36:42] | from American Airlines tonight. | 美航公司的肖·肯尼利 |
[36:44] | He’s letting them know that Mohawk is over. | 并告诉他我们已经解除了和莫霍克的合约 |
[36:46] | And that gets us a pitch? | 这对我们有什么好处呢 |
[36:49] | It sends a signal that we’re serious. | 这是向他们表示我们的诚意 |
[36:51] | And that we’re willing to do whatever it takes. | 并表明我们会为此竭尽所能 |
[36:53] | He has nothing, and this is more of it. It’s desperate. | 他现在一无所有 这是他们的最后一搏 |
[36:56] | Come on. You should be salivating | 别这样 你应该庆幸 |
[36:58] | To rip these guys away from DDB. | 我们有机会把他们从恒美广告公司抢过来 |
[37:00] | And even if we don’t win this account, | 即使最终我们拉不到这个客户 |
[37:02] | We’re going to be on a list in the New York Times | 我们也会有机会上纽约时报 |
[37:04] | Of big boys pitching for this business. | 说几家知名广告公司共同争取美航 |
[37:06] | We have an airline. | 我们的客户中已经有一家航空公司了 |
[37:07] | What kind of company are we going to be? | 我们到底要发展成为怎样一家公司 |
[37:11] | The kind where everyone has a summer house? | 一家每个员工都拥有避暑别墅的公司 |
[37:15] | I can’t believe I look like an idiot | 真不敢相信一直以来我就像个傻瓜一样 |
[37:17] | For wanting to be loyal to these people. | 对这些人忠心耿耿 |
[37:18] | Take off your dress. | 少给我虚伪了 |
[37:20] | You get a chance at American Airlines, you take it. | 抓住争取美航的机会 |
[37:22] | End of discussion. | 谈话结束 |
[37:43] | Hildy, can you get my wife on the phone? | 希迪 可以帮我接通我妻子的电话吗 |
[37:45] | Of course. | 好的 |
[37:48] | Forget it. | 还是算了 |
[38:08] | Mr. Campbell. | 坎贝尔先生 |
[38:09] | Don. do you have a minute? | 唐 有时间吗 |
[38:11] | What do you want, Campbell? | 什么事 坎贝尔 |
[38:15] | I just was… I don’t know. | 刚刚 我也不知道 |
[38:17] | It’s not a good time. | 我现在很忙 |
[38:26] | If you want, you can leave him a note. | 如果你愿意 可以给他留张便条 |
[38:29] | People do that. | 大家都是这样做的 |
[38:30] | No. | 不用了 |
[38:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:55] | Good night, Joan. | 晚上好 琼 |
[39:12] | Did you see who did this? | 你看见这是谁干的了吗 |
[39:15] | No. | 没有 |
[39:18] | I never would have guessed you were in your 30s. | 我怎么也猜不到你都三十岁了 |
[39:20] | People should not bring their personal problems into the office. | 大家不应该把私人问题带到办公室里 |
[39:24] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[39:25] | Is it so hard to just leave everything at the door and just do your job? | 难道做好分内事少管闲事就这么难吗 |
[39:30] | I look forward to it. | 我也希望这样 |
[39:32] | They can’t stand it. | 他们自己承受不了 |
[39:34] | They’ll drag you into the garbage out there. | 就把你一同拉下污水 |
[39:37] | They just want you to be as miserable as they are. | 想看到你和他们一样痛苦 |
[39:41] | I say let them have it. | 随他们去吧 |
[40:02] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[40:04] | How are you, Don? | 最近怎么样啊 唐 |
[40:07] | Henry. | 亨利 |
[40:09] | Sit down. | 请坐 |
[40:10] | Can I get you anything? | 要点什么 |
[40:12] | You know, I’m glad you picked this place. | 我喜欢你挑的这地方 |
[40:15] | It reminds me of Pearl Harbor. | 让我想起珍珠港 |
[40:18] | For many reasons. | 原因有很多 |
[40:24] | Do you think you’re not going to have to say it? | 你难道不准备说了吗 |
[40:29] | Sterling Cooper has decided to | 斯特林·库珀已经决定 |
[40:31] | end its relationship with Mohawk airlines. | 解除和莫霍克之间的合作关系 |
[40:33] | Sterling Cooper. | 斯特林·库珀 |
[40:36] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[40:38] | It wasn’t my decision. | 这不是我的决定 |
[40:41] | You know, when we came in there, | 当初我们去你们公司的时候 |
[40:43] | They all said Sterling Cooper is Don draper. | 大家都说斯特林·库珀和唐·德雷柏是一体的 |
[40:45] | That’s what you get. | 这就是你在大家心目中的地位 |
[40:50] | That talk you gave me about us growing together. | 那次谈话你还说我们要一起共同发展 |
[40:53] | You said Sterling Cooper didn’t need a big airline. | 你说斯特林·库珀不需要一家大的航空公司 |
[40:56] | You were going to make us a big airline. | 你会把我们打造成一家大的航空公司 |
[41:03] | I wish things hadn’t worked out this way. | 我也不想事情弄成这样 |
[41:09] | I’m almost embarrassed to say this. | 我实在不愿这样说 |
[41:14] | You fooled me. | 你耍弄了我 |
[41:25] | Stockholders weren’t remotely impressed with firing our head of ops. | 股东们在解雇业务经理一事上不太满意 |
[41:30] | So this agency change, well, | 所以换广告公司这事 |
[41:33] | that’s going to be a process. | 得按步骤来 |
[41:36] | And to be part of that process? | 那我们也算是步骤之内吧 |
[41:38] | – listen, we’re here talking, right? – of course. | -听着 我们只是在讨论 -当然 |
[41:40] | But it’s hard for me to leave here comfortable | 但是我可不想就这么离开 |
[41:42] | Unless I know what your objections are. | 你得告诉我反对的理由 |
[41:44] | Well, we’re a few steps away from objections. | 我们现在还谈不上反对 |
[41:46] | We’re just sticking a toe in the water. | 只是试试水 |
[41:48] | Well, we’re not. we jumped in. | 但我们可是投足了资本 |
[41:55] | Pete. | 皮特 |
[41:58] | It’s good to see you. | 见到你太好了 |
[42:01] | Shel, this is Pete Campbell. | 肖 这位是皮特·坎贝尔 |
[42:04] | I don’t think he’s our best. | 不能说他是我们公司最优秀的 |
[42:05] | I think he’s the best. | 应该说是全美国最优秀的 |
[42:09] | Pleased to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[42:11] | You as well. | 我也是 |
[42:15] | I was just telling my buddy Shel here | 我正在跟肖说为了跟他们合作 |
[42:18] | How we’ve really cleared the way to be in this. | 我们要扫清多少障碍 |
[42:21] | I was telling Duck here we don’t know where we are yet. | 我刚告诉达克我们还不清楚自己走到哪一步了 |
[42:29] | I don’t think you’re aware | 我想你还没觉察到 |
[42:30] | Of the level of commitment and enthusiasm | 斯特林·库珀对这个项目所抱有的热情 |
[42:32] | For this project at Sterling Cooper. | 以及所作出努力和承诺 |
[42:34] | It’s true. | 确实 |
[42:35] | We’ve got writers bucking the gate. | 工作人员已迫不及待想写策划了 |
[42:36] | I’ve already got a stack of ideas on my desk | 我办公室里还存放着一大堆广告构思 |
[42:38] | That I think you’d love to see. | 你应该会有兴趣看看的 |
[42:45] | We understand how delicate | 我们明白要重新获得公众的信任 |
[42:47] | The process of rebuilding the public’s confidence will be. | 是怎样一个复杂的过程 |
[42:50] | Not just the public. our stockholders. | 不只是公众 还有我们的股东 |
[42:54] | Well, I want you to know that, | 我希望你能明白 |
[42:56] | Should you decide to bring us your business, | 如果你把这项重任交予我们 |
[42:58] | There will be someone on your account | 我们会尽心的为你服务 |
[43:00] | Who knows exactly what you’re going through. | 因为我们非常理解你们的遭遇 |
[43:08] | My father was on that plane. | 我父亲恰好在那架飞机上 |
[43:14] | My goodness. | 我的天啊 |
[43:17] | Sorry to hear that. | 深表遗憾 |
[43:19] | Yes. well… | 是的 |
[43:22] | It’s a horrible thing. | 的确很不幸 |
[43:24] | Hopefully, something good will come of it. | 希望大难之后会有后福 |
[43:28] | That is something I will pass on. | 我会把你们的想法传递给公司上层的 |
[43:35] | Shall we grab a bite? | 要不要来点吃的 |
[43:37] | I put our name in. | 我已经预定过了 |
[44:22] | I’m not your waitress, but are you all set here? | 我不是你的服务员 您还需要什么服务吗 |
[44:29] | Excuse me? | 什么意思 |
[44:30] | You’ve been sitting alone a long time. | 你在这里坐了很久了 |
[44:33] | Can I get you a menu? | 需要菜单吗 |
[44:37] | I don’t think so. | 不用了 |
[44:40] | I have to drop this off, | 我得把这个拿过去 |
[44:41] | But I can swing back around on my way out. | 不过我还可以再过来 |
[44:49] | Not tonight. | 今晚不行 |
[46:38] | Peggy, Would you hold him for me? | 佩奇 能帮我抱一下他吗 |
[46:40] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |