英文名称:The Art of Racing in the Rain
年代:2019
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:30] | Gestures are all that I have. | 我只能摆出各种姿势 |
[00:36] | I have no words I can rely on, | 我无法说话 |
[00:38] | because my tongue was designed long and flat | 我的舌头又长又平 |
[00:41] | and is therefore an ineffective tool | 因此它无法作为一个可以帮助我 |
[00:43] | for making complicated polysyllabic sounds. | 发出抱怨的多音节声音的工具 |
[00:54] | And that is why I’m here now, | 所以我在这里 |
[00:57] | waiting for Denny to come home… | 就躺在我撒的这滩尿旁 |
[01:00] | lying in a puddle of my own making. | 等丹尼回家 |
[01:06] | Yo, Enz! | 哟 恩佐 |
[01:13] | Enzo? | 恩佐 |
[01:15] | I hear the worry in his voice. | 我从他的声音里听出了忧虑 |
[01:19] | What happened, pal? | 怎么了 伙计 |
[01:24] | Enz Oh, Enz. | |
[01:25] | I can smell the day on him. | 我可以闻出他今天做了什么 |
[01:27] | Motor oil and gasoline and roast chicken. | 机油 汽油还有烤鸡味 |
[01:30] | Can you get up. Bud? | 能起来吗 哥们 |
[01:41] | I’m here, buddy. I’m right here. | 我在这 哥们 我就在这 |
[01:45] | Okay. | 好的 |
[01:47] | If only I could speak… | 要是我能说话的话 |
[01:50] | I would tell him not to worry. | 我就会告诉他 别担心 |
[01:55] | I saw a documentary about Mongolia on TV once. | 我曾在电视上看过一部蒙古的纪录片 |
[02:00] | In Mongolia, they believe that when a dog | 在蒙古 他们相信当一只狗 |
[02:02] | has finished living his lifetimes as a dog, | 结束了它的狗生后 |
[02:04] | his next incarnation will be as a man. | 它就会转世成人 |
[02:07] | I’m right here, bud. | 我就在这 老兄 |
[02:10] | There he is. | 来吧 |
[02:11] | I realize this would mean losing | 我意识到这意味着我会失去 |
[02:13] | all my memories, my experiences. | 我所有的回忆和经历 |
[02:15] | But I have a plan. | 但是我有个主意 |
[02:18] | I will try to imprint what I know on my soul, | 我要试着把我所知道的烙印进灵魂 |
[02:21] | carry it so deeply in the pockets of my existence | 深深地刻印我的生命里 |
[02:24] | that when I open my eyes and look down at my new hands, | 当我睁开双眼 看着我全新的双手时 |
[02:28] | I will already know. | 我就会知道一切 |
[02:29] | There’s my Enzo. | 来吧我的恩佐 |
[02:31] | I will be ready. | 我会准备好的 |
[02:34] | I will remember. | 我会记住一切的 |
[02:42] | He picked me out of a pile of pups, | 他从一群小狗的乱七八糟的爪子 |
[02:44] | a tangled mass of paws and tails. | 和尾巴堆中选中了我 |
[02:48] | He’d stopped at the farm on his way home | 他把车停在他回家路上的一个农场里 |
[02:50] | from the speedway at Yakima. | 就在雅基马城的公路旁 |
[02:52] | Hey. | 你好 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1569个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:326个,六级词汇:184个,GRE词汇:187个,托福词汇:264个,考研词汇:358个,专四词汇:310个,专八词汇:60个, 所有生词标注共:570个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[02:54] | Even back then, I knew I was different than other dogs. | 现在回想 我知道我与其他狗生而不同 |
[02:58] | My soul just felt more… human. | 我的灵魂更能感觉到 人性 |
[03:01] | This one. | 就这只吧 |
[03:02] | Definitely this one. | 绝对是这只 |
[03:04] | – The pick of the litter. – She always said that. | -这一只最漂亮 -她老爱这么说 |
[03:07] | Mr. Well, just a minute now. | 威尔先生 等一下 |
[03:10] | We were thinking of keeping that one. | 我们想留下这一只 |
[03:12] | He always said that, too. | 这老头也爱这么说 |
[03:14] | Hey. | 你好呀 |
[03:17] | How much? | 要多少钱 |
[03:26] | And so, I had my first glimpse at the rest of my life. | 然后 我开始了我狗生的第一瞥 |
[03:33] | ♪ Give me peace on Earth ♪ | ♪ 给我一片净土 ♪ |
[03:37] | ♪ Give me light, give me life, keep me free from birth ♪ | ♪ 赐我光明 助我生而自由 ♪ |
[03:43] | ♪ Give me hope, help me cope with this heavy load ♪ | ♪ 送我希望 助我负重前行 ♪ |
[03:49] | ♪ Trying to, touch and reach you with, ♪ | ♪ 试着接近 去触碰你 ♪ |
[03:52] | ♪ With heart and soul ♪ | ♪ 用我的真心与灵魂 ♪ |
[04:02] | ♪ Please take hold of my hand, ♪ | ♪ 请抓紧我的手 ♪ |
[04:07] | ♪ that I might understand you ♪ | ♪ 这样我就能理解你 ♪ |
[04:12] | ♪ Won’t you please oh won’t you ♪ | ♪ 请你不要松手 ♪ |
[04:17] | ♪ Help me cope with this heavy load ♪ | ♪ 送我希望 助我负重前行 ♪ |
[04:21] | ♪ Trying to, touch and reach you ♪ | ♪ 试着接近 去触碰你 ♪ |
[04:27] | ♪ With heart and soul ♪ | ♪ 用我的真心与灵魂 ♪ |
[04:43] | Tony! Denny’s here. | 托尼 丹尼来了 |
[04:48] | Ah, just wait for it. | 稍等 |
[04:52] | I didn’t know you were getting a puppy. | 我都不知道你居然买了条小狗 |
[04:54] | Neither did I. | 我也没想到 |
[04:55] | Saw a sign on the road and, I don’t know, something came over me. | 在路边看到了标牌 然后我就被什么吸引了 |
[04:57] | Isn’t that right, Enzo’? | 这不是挺好的嘛 恩佐 |
[04:59] | “Enzo”? You mean like Ferrari? That’s rad. | 恩佐 你是说像法拉利 真不错 |
[05:01] | You can’t look after a dog. You’re never home. | 你没法照顾它 你基本不在家 |
[05:03] | Oh, you’re gonna ruin the moment, aren’t you? | 你可真是会毁气氛 |
[05:05] | Our best friend, he’s gonna ruin the moment. | 我们最好的朋友 他要毁气氛了 |
[05:07] | I’ll take him on the road with me. He can be my good luck charm. | 我会带着他坐车 他可以做我的幸运物 |
[05:10] | Hey, you coming to our show tonight? | 你会来看我们今晚的表演吗 |
[05:11] | We’re opening for The Scoffs at The Dive. | 我们帮潜水嘲笑开场 |
[05:13] | Oh, no, he can’t. He’s got a new puppy to look after. | 不 他不行 他得照顾小狗狗 |
[05:16] | See, he’s good luck already. | 看看 他已经带来好运了 |
[05:18] | I got the call this morning, | 我今早已经接到电话 |
[05:19] | they need an extra driver. | 他们需要一个额外的车手 |
[05:21] | Yeah, sure. | 好的 是的 |
[05:22] | Yeah, I’ll, uh, leave you a pass at the gate. | 没错 我会给你留一张大门通行证 |
[05:26] | Okay, two passes. | 好吧 两张 |
[05:29] | Who is this guy again? | 那家伙是谁来着 |
[05:30] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[05:32] | I liked my new home. | 我喜欢我的新家 |
[05:34] | It only lacked for grass, but I figured I could make do. | 就是少了点草 不过我觉得我可以帮帮忙 |
[05:37] | Enzo, no! | 恩佐不行 |
[05:38] | Don, I got to call you back. | 唐 我会打给你 |
[05:40] | And… go ahead. | 去吧 |
[05:44] | Okay, bud, fire away. | 好的 老弟 现在可以放水了 |
[05:47] | Denny seemed unusually interested in my bathroom habits. | 丹尼似乎对我的厕所习惯有不一般的兴趣 |
[05:51] | Go on. Go ahead. | 撒呀 不要害羞 |
[06:04] | Of course, you did. | 当然 你已经撒了 |
[06:10] | Okay, pal… | 好的伙计 |
[06:12] | it’s time to turn in. Big day tomorrow at the race. | 是时候睡觉了 明天可是赛车的大日子 |
[06:17] | So just be a good boy. | 做个听话的好孩子 |
[06:21] | Get some sleep, okay? | 睡一会好吗 |
[06:49] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:51] | All right. | 行吧 |
[06:55] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:07] | Of course. Just rub that in… | 当然啦 只要擦一点在 |
[07:14] | I’d later learn it was called a television. | 后来我学会了 这个叫做电视 |
[07:16] | And, in time, it would teach me much about human behavior. | 它能及时地教我了解更多的人类行为 |
[07:20] | But that night, it felt like a window into a whole new world. | 但是在那晚 新世界的窗户就此打开 |
[07:23] | Oh, you like that, huh? | 你喜欢这个是吗 |
[07:26] | Like it? No, I loved it. | 喜欢吗 不对 应该说是我爱死了 |
[07:36] | Right foot on the gas. | 右脚油门 |
[07:38] | Ease into the turn. | 轻松过弯 |
[07:49] | And even better was when he took me to the race itself. | 更棒的是他还带我去赛车现场 |
[07:56] | Denny! | 丹尼 |
[07:59] | Oh. My God… | 我的天 |
[08:02] | Denny’s apartment was home, but this… | 丹尼的公寓是我的家 |
[08:05] | this was where I truly belonged. | 但我觉得我真正属于这里 |
[08:12] | It was more thrilling than I could’ve imagined. | 这比我想象中还要令狗激动 |
[08:23] | What do you think, Enzo? | 感觉如何 恩佐 |
[08:24] | I thought it was heaven on earth. | 我觉得这里是人间天堂 |
[08:26] | What’d you say his name is again? | 能再说一次他的名字吗 |
[08:29] | Denny Swift. Number 96 car. | 丹尼·斯威夫特 96号赛车 |
[08:31] | He teaches for me from time to time | 他需要钱时 |
[08:33] | when he needs cash, but you trust me, | 会不时地充当我老师 但相信我 |
[08:35] | – this kid’s a diamond in the rough. – Copy that. | -他是一颗历经磨砺的钻石 -收到 |
[08:51] | The heat coming off the track, | 从赛车上传来的阵阵高温 |
[08:52] | the breathless speed and precision of the pit crew… | 令人屏息的速度 维修站员工们的精确度 |
[08:56] | I was in awe of it all. | 这一切都令我敬畏 |
[09:00] | He did a year in Formula Three. | 他参加了一年的F3赛 |
[09:02] | Got picked up by Zip Simone’s Audi program. | 被奇皮·西蒙的奥迪计划选中 |
[09:05] | Started making a name for himself, but then Zippy went bankrupt. | 开始为自己挣得名声 但后来奇皮破产了 |
[09:07] | Then he lost his ride. | 于是他失去了他的座驾 |
[09:10] | Clear! | 离库 |
[09:16] | You really serious about starting your own team, | 你对开创你的专属队伍十分严肃 |
[09:19] | there’s your man right there. | 你的队员就在那里 |
[09:20] | He’s been down almost a full lap this whole stint. | 在跑完一圈后他会开始感到不支 |
[09:22] | It’s not about who’s got the heavier foot. | 这不关乎谁踩油门更重 |
[09:24] | It’s about the feel. | 而是关乎赛车的感觉 |
[09:28] | Denny was the first to make the call to switch to rain tires. | 丹尼是第一个叫人换雨胎的人 |
[09:36] | Step over here. | 来这儿 |
[09:45] | Hey. Watch this. | 看好了 |
[09:56] | In all my years of racing, | 在我的赛车生涯中 |
[09:57] | I’ve never seen anyone like Denny in the wet. | 我从未见过丹尼这样雨中飙车的 |
[10:00] | Reminds me what they used to say about Senna, | 使我想起他们描述塞纳的话 |
[10:02] | “When it rains, it doesn’t rain on him.” | 他从雨中过 滴雨不沾身 |
[10:20] | And when he won… | 然后每当他赢了的时候 |
[10:22] | Enzo! | 恩佐 |
[10:22] | I felt like I’d witnessed true greatness. | 我总觉得我见证了一场真正伟大的胜利 |
[10:31] | Yeah! | 好耶 |
[10:35] | First race, huh? | 第一场赛事 |
[10:36] | What’d you think, boy? You like it? | 感觉如何 老兄 喜欢吗 |
[10:39] | Did you like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[10:40] | Hey, kid, you got a minute? | 孩子 能和你谈谈吗 |
[10:43] | I want you to meet Sean Wright. | 我想要你见见肖恩·怀特 |
[10:44] | – Hey. – Denny Swift. | -你好 -我是丹尼·斯威夫特 |
[10:46] | He sold his tech company for some obscene amount of money | 他卖掉了他的科技公司 拿到了一大笔钱 |
[10:49] | and now he’s determined to waste it all racing GT5. | 现在他又要把它耗费在GT赛车5系列上 |
[10:51] | Yeah, I think I’ve read about you. | 好的 我觉得我有读到过你的故事 |
[10:53] | That was some win today. | 今天还有几场胜利等着你 |
[10:55] | You think you could drive that way for him? | 你觉得你能为了他赛这场车吗 |
[10:58] | Try me. | 我试试吧 |
[11:01] | My first year went by in a blur. | 我刚出生第一年的记忆已经有些模糊不清了 |
[11:02] | Wait. Let me see. | 停下 让我瞧瞧 |
[11:05] | I realize nobody has a perfect childhood, | 我意识到没有哪只狗会有一个完美的童年 |
[11:07] | but I’d contend that mine came fairly close. | 但我认为我的已经接近完美了 |
[11:13] | Denny began racing for Wright full-time | 丹尼开始专门帮怀特赛车 |
[11:15] | and took me with him whenever he could, | 只要有可能他都会把我带上 |
[11:18] | like a four-legged member of the pit crew. | 就像我是维修站的一位四腿成员 |
[11:29] | – Hey, Enz, you good? – I was better than good. | -恩佐你还好吗 -感觉狗生已到达了高潮 |
[11:32] | Go! Clear! | 去吧 离库 |
[11:39] | Call it fate, call it luck. | 把它叫做命运 或是幸运 |
[11:41] | All I knew was I was meant to be his dog. | 我只知道我注定要做他的狗 |
[11:48] | Denny always said the best drivers focus only on the present. | 丹尼总是说最好的赛车手只需专注于现在 |
[11:52] | Never dwelling on the past, never committing to the future. | 不必沉溺在过去 也从不寄希于将来 |
[11:57] | Go get it! | 冲呀 |
[11:59] | Reflection must come at a later time. | 事后总需要反思 |
[12:02] | Which is why drivers compulsively record | 这也是为什么赛车手们要用车载摄像头 |
[12:04] | their every move with their in-car cameras. | 强制记录他们的一举一动 |
[12:06] | I got to turn earlier. | 我转弯早了点 |
[12:09] | Get a better run on that corner. | 可以把这个弯过得更漂亮 |
[12:11] | I teamed so much from him about balance, | 我在与他的合作中学到了平衡 |
[12:14] | anticipation, patience. | 预判 耐心 |
[12:17] | Car goes where your eyes go, Enz. | 车随眼动 恩佐 |
[12:19] | And I would fantasize that one day I, too, might actually race. | 我会幻想 某天我也能够赛车 |
[12:23] | Congratulations on a spectacular win today. | 为今天的巨大成功喝彩 |
[12:25] | Not an easy race, by any stretch. | 不管怎么看 这一场并不容易 |
[12:27] | Well, you know, I’m a risk taker. | 我是一个冒险之徒 |
[12:30] | Man, that win was all you. | 伙计 那场胜利都是因为你 |
[12:32] | This guy hasn’t even mentioned you once. | 这家伙却一次也没提到你 |
[12:34] | You’re way too good for this guy, Denny. | 你为他铺平了道路 丹尼 |
[12:36] | You got to start getting your own sponsors. | 是时候开始找你自己的赞助商了 |
[12:39] | Yeah, maybe. | 是啊 也许吧 |
[12:40] | My drivers look to me as their leader | 我的车手把我视作他们的头儿 |
[12:42] | and I think that… | 我觉得 |
[12:43] | Turn this clown off. Put on the Mariners. | 小丑下场 该换水手上了 |
[12:49] | There’s an old saying I’d often hear Denny repeat, | 我听丹尼重复着一句老话 |
[12:52] | “No race was ever won in the first corner, | 没有哪场比赛会在第一个弯道那里获胜 |
[12:55] | but many have been lost there.” | 但许多人却会在那里输掉 |
[12:58] | Just you and me, Enz. | 只有你和我 恩佐 |
[12:59] | Always you and me. | 总是你和我 |
[13:02] | And then accelerating through. | 然后加速通过 |
[13:04] | Nothing was more important to us than racing. | 比赛对于我们来说重于一切 |
[13:08] | I knew it was only a matter of time | 我知道丹尼离达到他 |
[13:09] | before Denny reached his goal of racing Formula One in Europe. | 在欧洲的F1目标没有多久了 |
[13:12] | Come on! | 过来 |
[13:15] | And the whole world would see him the way I did. | 全世界都会像我这样看着他 |
[13:18] | Good boy. | 好孩子 |
[13:20] | He’d be adored by fans everywhere. | 他在哪都被粉丝崇拜着 |
[13:23] | His victories the stuff of legend. | 他的胜利成为传奇 |
[13:27] | His name inscribed alongside | 他的名字被铭刻在 |
[13:28] | the very best our sport has ever known. | 我们所知体育赛事中的最好一面上 |
[13:44] | But for now, he was my champion alone. | 但此时此刻 他是独属于我的第一名 |
[13:51] | And then she showed up. | 然后 她出现了 |
[13:55] | – That was great. – Yeah. | -棒极了 -很好 |
[13:59] | – Enzo, this is Eve. – Hi, Enzo. | -恩佐 这是伊芙 -嗨恩佐 |
[14:03] | How you doing? | 你好吗 |
[14:04] | My first impression of Eve | 我对伊芙的第一印象 |
[14:05] | was as complicated as the scents in the air. | 就像这空气中的气味一样复杂 |
[14:08] | I’m not really much of a dog person. | 我不太算是爱狗人士 |
[14:10] | A mélange of produce, shampoo and pheromones. | 农产品 洗发水香味和性外激素的大杂烩 |
[14:13] | Yeah, well, he’s more person than dog. | 好吧 他比一般狗通人性 |
[14:15] | Denny was cleary taken with her grooming. | 丹尼显然被她的整洁打扮迷住了 |
[14:18] | She probably bathed every day, for all I knew. | 要我猜 她大概每天都洗澡吧 |
[14:21] | Does he always stare at people like this? | 他总是这样盯着别人看吗 |
[14:23] | If he likes them. | 假如他喜欢那个人的话 |
[14:25] | So, are you a chef or something? | 所以 你是个厨师还是什么 |
[14:28] | No, I teach English as a second language, | 不 我给非母语者教英语课 |
[14:30] | and one of my students is Thai, | 我有个学生是泰国人 |
[14:31] | and she made this curry that was incredible. | 她有次做了超好吃的咖喱 |
[14:33] | – Hey. Come on. – But it looks like you have to go. | -嘿 别这样 -但你好像得走了 |
[14:35] | I don’t know what’s gotten into him. Hey! | 我不知道他中了什么邪 |
[14:36] | So, it was nice to meet you. | 那么 很高兴认识你 |
[14:37] | Come here, come on! Hey, uh, Eve? | 过来 快点 嘿 伊芙 |
[14:40] | My, uh, my friends, they play in a band | 我 我有朋友是搞乐队的 |
[14:43] | and they’re playing a show at… at Nemo’s tonight. | 他们今晚 在尼莫酒吧有场表演 |
[14:46] | I thought, you know, it you didn’t have plans… | 我想着 要是你没其他事的话 |
[14:48] | “Head Injury”? | “头部受伤” |
[14:48] | Yeah, they’re Seattle’s third most popular | 对 他们是西雅图第三流行的 |
[14:51] | – Soundgarden… – “Soundgarden tribute band.” | -声音花园的 -声音花园的致敬乐队 |
[14:52] | I mean, according to them. | 我是说 他们就这样讲的 |
[14:55] | – That sounds like fun. – It does? | -听上去很有意思 -是吗 |
[14:57] | Yeah! Yeah, no, we’ll, we’ll make it fun. | 对 对 会很 会很有意思的 |
[15:01] | – All right, I’ll see you then. – Cool. | -那好 到时候见 -好 |
[15:03] | Bye. | 再见 |
[15:06] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[15:08] | Well, I thought you guys rocked. | 我觉得你们刚刚酷毙了 |
[15:09] | See, Mike? He was freaking out | 你知道吗 麦克他都抓狂了 |
[15:11] | because we skipped a verse on “Spoonman”. | 因为我们唱”勺子哥”的时候跳了一段 |
[15:13] | – Oh, we skipped a verse? – Okay, so, | -是我们跳了一段吗 -好了 |
[15:14] | now imagine this all throughout high school. | 想想他们从高中起就这么闹了 |
[15:17] | So, which song was your favorite? | 所以你最喜欢哪首歌 |
[15:18] | The… second-to-last one. | 倒数第二首 |
[15:20] | The one with the 12-minute guitar solo? | 有12分钟吉他独奏的那首吗 |
[15:22] | Yeah, that was the best part! | 对 那就是最棒的地方 |
[15:25] | Denny, marry this girl. | 丹尼 娶了她吧 |
[15:26] | Uh, do you want another? | 你还要一瓶吗 |
[15:29] | Uh, no, thanks. Could I have some water? | 不了谢谢 能给我杯水吗 |
[15:30] | – Yeah, sure. Mike? – Yep. | -好嘞 麦克呢 -来一瓶 |
[15:32] | – So, uh, you two just met, huh? – Yeah. | -所以 你们刚认识 是吗 -对 |
[15:35] | – And? – Dude. | -然后呢 -兄弟 |
[15:37] | And I think he’s really nice. | 然后我觉得他人很好 |
[15:39] | Wait till you see him race. Then you’ll really fall in love. | 等你见到他开赛车吧 你真的会爱上他的 |
[15:42] | Dude! | 兄弟 |
[15:43] | What? I was just… | 干嘛 我只是 |
[15:46] | So, when do I get to see you race? | 所以 我什么时候能见你开赛车 |
[15:49] | As if Denny would ever fall for that. | 丹尼才不会被这样迷倒 |
[15:51] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[15:54] | She knew almost nothing about racing, | 她几乎对赛车一无所知 |
[15:56] | but for some reason, Denny didn’t seem to mind. | 但不知为何 丹尼好像并不在乎 |
[16:00] | I assumed she would soon be in our rear-view mirror. | 我猜很快就能常在后视镜里看到她了 |
[16:03] | But by spring, it was clear Eve wasn’t going anywhere. | 但到春天的时候 显然伊芙没有离开的意思 |
[16:10] | I’ll admit I envied the attention he lavished on her, | 我承认 我嫉妒他眼中只有她 |
[16:13] | with her Opposable thumbs and plump buttocks. | 毕竟她有着对生拇指和丰满的臀部 |
[16:20] | In his regular car, yes. | 在他日常的车里 对 |
[16:23] | Well, what does he know about teaching English? | 他又懂什么教英语的事 |
[16:26] | Yeah, my point exactly. | 对 我就这个意思 |
[16:28] | And her taste in television programs | 她对电视节目的品味 |
[16:30] | left something to be desired. | 实在是难以直视 |
[16:32] | Will you stop? | 你能别闹吗 |
[16:36] | Denny never tired of pleasing her. | 丹尼从不倦于取悦她 |
[16:43] | All for his reward, | 都是为了之后的奖励 |
[16:44] | which usually meant lots of stroking and nuzzling. | 通常来说就是依偎着 互相轻抚 |
[16:51] | – How was your class? – It was good. | -课上得怎么样 -挺好的 |
[16:52] | Did I envy her engaging smile? Her effortless laugh? | 我嫉妒她迷人的微笑 她自如的大笑吗 |
[16:57] | Perhaps, I did. | 也许吧 |
[17:00] | For she was a person, unlike me. | 因为她是个人类 不像我 |
[17:06] | – I’ll go make us some breakfast. – Really? | -我去做点早餐 -真的啊 |
[17:09] | – Yeah. – Okay, thanks. | -当然 -好的 谢了 |
[17:15] | Hey, Enzo. | 你好啊 恩佐 |
[17:19] | You don’t mind if I love him too, do you? | 你不介意我也爱他 对吗 |
[17:23] | As if I had a say in the matter. | 好像我有话语权一样 |
[17:30] | They were married at a magnificent palace | 他们在海边的一栋华丽的豪宅 |
[17:32] | with its very own ocean. | 举行了婚礼 |
[17:34] | The kind of place I had assumed only existed on television. | 那种地方我曾以为只存在于电视里 |
[17:39] | I tried my best to be helpful. | 我尽最大的努力帮忙了 |
[17:44] | I minded my manners, | 我注意礼貌 |
[17:45] | resisted snacking on the trays of exquisite appetizers | 忍住没有在精致的开胃菜盘上小餐一顿 |
[17:49] | and made sure to do my business | 并且永远只在 |
[17:50] | in the flowerbed farthest from the festivities. | 离派对最远的花圃里解决内急 |
[17:55] | The place belonged to Eve’s parents, Trish and Maxwell… | 这个地方属于伊芙的父母 崔西和麦克斯韦 |
[18:00] | who I confess I first mistook for twins. | 我承认我一开始错把他们认成了双胞胎 |
[18:02] | – We’re good? Yeah? – Yeah. | -都弄好了吗 -都好了 |
[18:04] | Would the bearer please bring the rings forward? | 下面有请护戒使者送上戒指 |
[18:10] | When the time came, | 那一刻终于来临 |
[18:11] | I did as I was instructed, for Denny’s sake. | 我按所教的做了 看在丹尼的份上 |
[18:16] | – Good boy. – Come on, Enz. Come here, bud. | -好孩子 -来吧恩佐 到这儿来伙计 |
[18:20] | Hey. Good boy. | 嘿 好孩子 |
[18:26] | With this ring, I thee wed. | 此戒指为凭 你我结为夫妻 |
[18:29] | Eve? | 伊芙呢 |
[18:31] | With this ring, I thee wed. | 此戒指为凭 你我结为夫妻 |
[18:36] | And so, we became a family… | 就这样 我们成为了一家人 |
[18:41] | …to varying degrees of enthusiasm. | 当然各人对此的热忱总有高低 |
[18:44] | Think he could’ve shaved for his own wedding? | 他怎么着也该为自己的婚礼刮刮胡子吧 |
[18:46] | – Maxwell. – What? | -麦克斯韦 -干嘛 |
[18:47] | – It’s just an observation. – Oh, please. | -只是我的一点观察评论 -拜托 |
[18:51] | No one’s good enough for her in your eyes. | 你眼里谁都配不上她 |
[18:54] | I like him, I do, but I love my daughter, | 我挺喜欢他 真的 但我爱我的女儿 |
[18:57] | and the man races cars for a living. | 那个男的开赛车谋生 |
[18:59] | You don’t think I’m within my rights to be a little concerned? | 你不觉得我有理由感到一点担忧吗 |
[19:01] | No, not if Eve isn’t. | 不 只要伊芙不担心就行了 |
[19:04] | I’ve learned that people will say | 我知道人们在我面前 |
[19:05] | just about anything in front of me, | 无所顾忌什么都敢说 |
[19:07] | as I am only a dumb dog. | 因为我只是一条蠢狗 |
[19:09] | I put a call in to Andy Neuberger last week. | 我上周给安迪·纽伯格打了个电话 |
[19:11] | He said a driver who’s been on the circuit | 他说像丹尼这样在车队 |
[19:13] | as long as Denny has, | 待了这么久的车手 |
[19:14] | it it was gonna break for him, | 假如他的事业能有破晓 |
[19:15] | most likely would’ve happened by now. | 他到现在应该已经有所成就了 |
[19:18] | But Eve says he’s been doing great lately. | 但伊芙说他最近开得很不错 |
[19:21] | I knew I’d find you two in here. Come on, it’s cake time. | 我就知道你们在这儿 快点 吃蛋糕了 |
[19:24] | Daddy was making his drink. | 你爸他在调他的酒呢 |
[19:26] | After the wedding came the move. | 婚礼之后 就搬了家 |
[19:32] | I was of two minds about it. | 我对此有些纠结 |
[19:35] | I now had room to roam. | 我现在有地方闲逛了 |
[19:37] | But the old apartment was ours, Denny and me. | 但旧公寓是属于我们两的 丹尼和我的 |
[19:52] | I tried to communicate my feelings. | 我试着传达我的感受 |
[19:56] | What was that? | 什么声音 |
[19:58] | It was Enzo. He’s just excited. | 是恩佐弄的 他只是太兴奋了 |
[19:59] | But my gestures were inevitably misinterpreted. | 但我的举动一如既往地被误解 |
[20:08] | Moreover, there was a mysterious new aura about Eve that, | 此外 伊芙产生了一种神秘的新气场 |
[20:11] | for some reason, prevented me | 不知为何 让我 |
[20:13] | from maintaining any resentment toward her. | 没法保持对她的愤恨 |
[20:27] | It’s Watkins Glen, which I usually do really well at. | 是在沃特金斯峡谷 我在那儿总是开得很好 |
[20:29] | – And that’s in New York, right? – Yeah. Yeah. | -是在纽约吗 -对 对 |
[20:31] | You could take a couple days off | 你可以请几天假 |
[20:33] | and we could get out there early. | 我们可以早点过去 |
[20:34] | I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[20:37] | Wait, what? | 等等 什么 |
[20:39] | You freaked out? | 你吓到了 |
[20:41] | Wha… No! No, I’m not! Wait, are you freaked out? | 什么 不 不 我没有 你不自在吗 |
[20:44] | A little, yeah. | 有一点吧 当然 |
[20:46] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[20:51] | Did you know about this? | 你之前知道吗 |
[20:55] | I never really grasped the concept of money | 我从来没有理解金钱的概念 |
[20:58] | and why humans always seemed to be in need of it. | 以及人类为什么好像总是需要它 |
[21:01] | But Denny became more and more preoccupied with it. | 但丹尼越来越一门心思执着于此了 |
[21:04] | All right! | 太棒了 |
[21:06] | He began to train harder than ever. | 他开始比以往都刻苦地训练 |
[21:10] | He took on extra teaching sessions, | 他承担了额外的教学工作 |
[21:13] | competed in every race he could. | 尽可能地参加比赛 |
[21:15] | I’ll miss you. | 我会想你的 |
[21:16] | This meant my spending more and more time alone with Eve. | 也就意味着我与伊芙独处的时间越来越多 |
[21:19] | Come on, Enz. Come on. | 来吧恩佐 快回来 |
[21:25] | To be honest, I still didn’t share | 老实讲 我还是没能 |
[21:27] | Denny’s overt affection for her. | 像丹尼那样毫不顾忌地喜欢她 |
[21:29] | Hey, buddy, thank you so much. | 好的伙计 太谢谢你了 |
[21:32] | But we developed a rhythm of our own. | 但我们协调出了自己的相处节奏 |
[21:35] | That’s very nice. | 非常好 |
[21:38] | At times, she even reminded me of my own mother | 时常 她甚至让我想起我自己的母亲 |
[21:40] | when she would sigh and shrug herself into a prone position. | 她也会长叹一声 耸耸肩膀仰身躺下 |
[21:44] | It must be amazing to have a body | 身体里装着另一个全新的生命 |
[21:46] | that can carry an entire creature inside. | 一定是种十分神奇的感觉 |
[21:50] | I mean, other than a tapeworm, which I’ve had. | 当然 不是说绦虫 我曾经遭过那罪了 |
[21:53] | Do you want to know what it feels like? | 你想知道这是什么感觉吗 |
[22:00] | Good boy. | 好孩子 |
[22:02] | Did you feel that? | 你感觉到了吗 |
[22:04] | Did you feel that kick? | 你感觉到里边踢了一下吗 |
[22:07] | Oh, sweet boy, come here. | 哦乖孩子 过来 |
[22:11] | It’s okay. Come here. That’s okay. | 没事的 来吧 没事的 |
[22:16] | I couldn’t imagine what was going on inside Eve’s magic sack | 我无法想象伊芙的魔法袋里发生着什么 |
[22:19] | where the baby was being assembled. | 那里面正组装着小宝宝 |
[22:22] | I just hoped it would look like me. | 我只希望它能长得像我 |
[22:30] | Enzo, slow down, it’s your only one. | 恩佐 慢点 你就这一个 |
[22:33] | – It’s cozy. – I love it. | -它很舒适 -我很喜欢 |
[22:35] | It probably looks exactly like the last one | 这看上去可能跟上次的一模一样 |
[22:38] | I got you, but… | 我懂你 但 |
[22:40] | Do you like it? I got it from Pike Place. | 你喜欢吗 我从派克市场买的 |
[22:42] | It’s like 100 percent handmade. | 它是百分百手工制造 |
[22:44] | – It’s, uh… – Your favorite shade of pink. | -这很 -是你最喜欢的那种粉色 |
[22:48] | It is. | 确实 |
[22:53] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[22:55] | Yeah, I’m fine. I just want to see what it looks like on. | 我没事 我只是想看看戴上什么样 |
[22:58] | Hey, can we talk about this whole midwife thing again? | 我们再能讨论一下找接生婆的事吗 |
[23:02] | – Honey, we’ve been over this. – Yeah, I know. | -亲爱的 我们不是已经讲好了 -我知道 |
[23:05] | I’m just saying. I mean, you know, I was born in a hospital, | 我只是说 你知道 我是在医院出生的 |
[23:08] | you were born in a hospital. | 你也是在医院出生的 |
[23:10] | I know, but I really want to do it here. | 我知道 但我真的很想在这儿生下孩子 |
[23:12] | I mean, Tanya birthed her twins at home. | 我是说 谭雅在家生的双胞胎 |
[23:15] | And she said that these two women she used were amazing. | 她说她雇的那两个女工做得非常好 |
[23:18] | Okay. | 行吧 |
[23:21] | – Like it? Hey. – Hi, Mom. Merry Chri… | -喜欢吗 -你好呀妈妈 圣诞快 |
[23:24] | Okay. | 好 |
[23:26] | Someone from something-something Penske? | 那人是什么什么彭斯基车队的 |
[23:28] | On Christmas Day? | 圣诞节还打 |
[23:31] | Hello. | 你好 |
[23:33] | Yeah, hi. | 是的 你好 |
[23:36] | What is this hat? | 这顶帽子是什么 |
[23:38] | – They say dogs can’t see color. – Oh, Okay. | -他们说狗狗是色盲 -好吧 |
[23:40] | Apparently, neither could Denny. | 很显然 丹尼也是 |
[23:43] | Yeah, I’ll, um, | 是的 我会 |
[23:44] | I hear back from you again, okay. | 静候佳音 好 |
[23:46] | Bye. | 再见 |
[23:48] | – What is it? – That was Judd Murphy | -谁啊 -是朱德·墨菲 |
[23:50] | from Team Penske. | 来自潘斯科车队 |
[23:52] | He’s down a driver and he just offered me | 他是个车手 在24小时戴托纳比赛中 |
[23:54] | a seat in the 24 Hours of Daytona. | 给我提供了一个席位 |
[23:56] | That’s good, right? | 那很好 是吗 |
[23:58] | Good? I mean, it’s great! | 只是很好吗 我是说 这太棒了 |
[24:00] | It’s Daytona. | 这可是戴托纳啊 |
[24:01] | I mean, this is the shot I’ve been wanting. | 我是说 这是我梦寐以求的机会 |
[24:03] | This could change everything for me. | 这将改变我的全部 |
[24:04] | Oh, my God, Denny, that’s great! | 天啊 丹尼 太棒了 |
[24:08] | It’s the last weekend of January. | 这是一月最后一个周末 |
[24:11] | So? The due date isn’t till February 15th. | 所以呢 截止日期不是到2月15日吗 |
[24:13] | That’s cutting it awful close. | 已经就在眼前了 |
[24:15] | Hey, what if you came with me? Huh? | 你想和我一起去吗 |
[24:18] | We don’t… we don’t have to fly. | 我们不必 我们不必坐飞机的 |
[24:20] | Denny. I’m not driving to Florida. | 丹尼 我不想开车去佛罗里达 |
[24:24] | But you have to do this. | 但你必须这么做 |
[24:26] | There is nothing to debate here. This is your shot. | 没什么很争论的 这是你的机会 |
[24:28] | If you finish well, all these doors start to open. | 如果你成绩优异 这些大门都将敞开 |
[24:33] | Oh, you’re not worried about timing, at all? | 你一点都不担心时间吗 |
[24:36] | When have you known me to be early for anything? | 你什么时候见过我提前做事了 |
[24:42] | I didn’t know a human could make such sounds. | 我从没见过谁发出这种声音 |
[24:45] | The triple crown of… | 三冠皇 |
[24:49] | Denny missed it all however, as he was driving | 然而丹尼太想念它 |
[24:50] | through the night at Daytona. | 他在戴托纳连夜比赛 |
[24:53] | Denny Swift in the 22 car | 丹尼·斯威夫特在22号赛车 |
[24:54] | putting in a tremendous performance, | 考虑到车队在第10名 |
[24:56] | considering the team was in 10th place. | 他表现优异 |
[24:58] | You’re doing wonderfully, Eve. | 你干得很棒 伊芙 |
[25:01] | Approaching hour 17 of this marathon race, | 快到这场耐力赛的第17小时了 |
[25:04] | and the rain is really pouring. | 真是倾盆大雨 |
[25:05] | I want to talk to Denny. Can you call him? | 我想和丹尼说话 你能打他电话吗 |
[25:07] | Just keep pushing, okay? | 再加把劲 好吗 |
[25:09] | With Swift back in the 22 car, | 斯威夫特回到22号赛车 |
[25:10] | he’s snapping at the heels of car 17. | 他紧跟着17号赛车的尾部 |
[25:13] | One more push. | 再来一次 |
[25:17] | Unbelievable! Denny Swift has taken the lead | 难以置信 丹尼·斯威夫特 |
[25:20] | in a magnificent show of skill. | 以高超的技艺获得了领先 |
[25:23] | 0h, hi, sweetgirl. | 你好 小宝贝 |
[25:28] | – You’re nice and warm. – All right, | -你真是我的小棉袄 -好吧 |
[25:30] | – we’ll give you two some time alone. – Thank you. | -我们给你们独处的时间 -谢谢 |
[25:32] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[25:35] | Oh! Shoo now, pup! | 狗狗快走吧 |
[25:37] | No, he… he can stay. | 不 它 它能留下 |
[25:39] | Yeah. Oh… | 是的 |
[25:42] | Enzo. | 恩佐 |
[25:44] | The scent was… unprecedented. | 这一幕 史无前例 |
[25:47] | Come here, sweet boy. Come here. | 过来 帅哥 过来 |
[25:53] | I had never encountered a creature quite so beautiful. | 我从未见过如此美妙之物 |
[25:56] | Zoe… | 佐伊 |
[25:58] | this is Enzo. | 这是恩佐 |
[26:00] | He’s your family, too. | 他也是你家人 |
[26:04] | And he’ll always protect you. | 他会永远保护你 |
[26:24] | – Hey, how is everything? – Hi! She’s fine. | -你好 一切还好吗 -她很好 |
[26:26] | – She’s okay? – Yes, just fine. | -她好吗 -是的 很好 |
[26:29] | Hey. Yeah. | 你好 是的 |
[26:33] | She’s been waiting for her daddy. | 她在等她爸爸 |
[26:38] | I should’ve been here. | 我应该在这里 |
[26:41] | Honey, she’s a day old. | 亲爱的 她才一天大 |
[26:43] | I know, but still… | 我知道 但还是 |
[26:45] | You’re here now. | 你现在就在这里 |
[26:50] | This is why we met. | 这是我们见面的原因 |
[26:55] | To make this perfect little thing. | 为了完成这一完美的小事 |
[27:04] | I still don’t understand. | 我还是不懂 |
[27:06] | We lost. It’s no big deal. | 我们输了 没什么大不了的 |
[27:11] | We were leading by a lap, going into the last stint. | 我们领先了一圈 进入最后赛程 |
[27:14] | And… I told Murph I felt up to finishing, but… | 还有 我告诉墨菲我觉得能完赛 但是 |
[27:18] | the sponsors were pressuring him to go with this wonder kid | 赞助商强迫他和这个来自加州的神童 |
[27:22] | from California who’d been doing a bunch of press lately. | 一起比赛 最近他开了好几场发布会 |
[27:26] | Ten minutes in, the kid hit the wall. | 比赛十分钟后 这孩子撞到墙上了 |
[27:27] | Totaled the car. | 整个赛车都撞毁了 |
[27:31] | But you drove well. | 但你表现很好 |
[27:33] | Yeah, it doesn’t really mean a whole lot | 是的 如果车队没有完赛 |
[27:35] | if your team doesn’t finish. | 就没有什么意义 |
[27:37] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[27:40] | Really. There’s gonna be other races. | 真的 还会有其他比赛 |
[27:45] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -是的 -是的 |
[27:56] | Oh, Zoe. You okay? | 佐伊 你还好吗 |
[28:02] | Where is she? It’s… it’s been too long! | 她在哪 已经 已经那么久了 |
[28:05] | The twins, who rarely visited, | 这对双胞胎 都没怎么来过 |
[28:07] | now stopped by frequently to clutter our home | 现在经常来 用耀眼的礼物 |
[28:10] | with garish gifts. | 把家里搞得一团糟 |
[28:12] | Denny pretended not to mind, | 丹尼假装不介意 |
[28:14] | but something about the zebra put me ill at ease. | 但是斑马让我感到不安 |
[28:18] | Look at those pretty eyes. | 看着这些漂亮的眼睛 |
[28:20] | Hello, baby girl. | 你好 小女孩 |
[28:21] | Dad, she needs a change. | 爸爸 她要换尿布了 |
[28:22] | Oh, I’ll do it! Yeah? | 我来 好吗 |
[28:25] | Yeah, Grandma’s got you. | 是的 奶奶来 |
[28:27] | Denny! | 丹尼 |
[28:29] | There you go. | 走吧 |
[28:30] | – It’s coming along. – Thanks. | -来了 -谢谢 |
[28:35] | I watched some of that race of yours, by the way. | 顺便说 我看了你的几场比赛 |
[28:37] | How’s that boy doing, the one who crashed? | 那小伙子怎么样 撞车的那个 |
[28:39] | We had this conversation before. | 我们以前聊过这个 |
[28:44] | Still, you have a daughter now. | 你现在有女儿了 |
[28:46] | Say, for instance. You get seriously injured, | 比如说 你受伤严重 |
[28:48] | – or God forbid, killed… – I won’t. | -或上帝禁区 死了 -我不会 |
[28:51] | – You can’t promise that. – Yes, I can. | -这你没法保证 -不 我能 |
[28:54] | I… I promise you that I will always provide | 我 我向你保证我会永远养育 |
[28:56] | for Eve and Zoe, no matter what. | 伊芙和佐伊 无论发生什么 |
[28:58] | And I swear to you that I will put my safety first, | 我发誓我将把自身安全放在首位 |
[29:02] | even if that means losing every race that I enter. | 即使意味着输掉我参加的每一场比赛 |
[29:08] | Bye. Bye, honey. Love you. | 再见 亲爱的 爱你 |
[29:15] | It amazed me, the power exerted by a creature | 这让我吃惊 像我们的小佐伊 |
[29:17] | – as tiny as our little Zoé. – Hi. | -展现的力量 -你好 |
[29:22] | A power she wielded over me as well… | 也是她向我展示的力量 |
[29:26] | with no more effort than the earth does the moon in its orbit. | 堪比地球在运行轨道中对月球的力量 |
[29:43] | I was an integral figure in her entertainment, | 我是她玩乐中不可或缺的一员 |
[29:46] | leaping after tennis balls | 跟着网球跳跃 |
[29:48] | and scrambling back to catch them | 跳跃回来抓住它 |
[29:50] | then dancing like a four-legged clown to catch them again. | 然后像个四条腿的小丑跳动着再抓住它 |
[29:54] | Run! | 跑 |
[29:58] | You ready, birthday girl? | 准备好了吗 小寿星 |
[29:59] | Okay, here we go, here we go. | 好 我们开始吧 我们开始吧 |
[30:00] | I was so immersed in her world | 我沉浸在她的世界中 |
[30:02] | that I’d lose count of the weeks and months. | 我都记不清岁月了 |
[30:04] | Ready, steady… go! | 准备 预备 跑 |
[30:07] | Ready, steady… go! | 准备 预备 跑 |
[30:11] | And when she would tell her playmates | 当她能告诉玩伴 |
[30:13] | that I was her big brother, my heart would swell with pride. | 我是她的大哥哥时 我的心充满自豪 |
[30:17] | Hot potato! | 热土豆 |
[30:20] | Ahh! Stinky Drawers! | 臭抽屉 |
[30:22] | Oh! She’s coming in. | 她来了 |
[30:23] | – Go! – She’s coming in hot! Enzo! | -去吧 -她热切地来了 恩佐 |
[30:25] | Good boy. | 好孩子 |
[30:36] | Everyone has to wait their turn for a snack, | 每个人都要排队领吃的 |
[30:38] | even zebras. Right, teacher? | 斑马也是 是吗 老师 |
[30:41] | – Daddy! – Hi! Hey. | -爸爸 -你好 |
[30:45] | Hey, I’m sorry I missed your dance recital. | 抱歉我错过了你的诗朗诵 |
[30:46] | Mommy told me all about it. | 妈妈都跟我说了 |
[30:48] | – Did you win? – No, sweet pea, not this one. | -你赢了吗 -不 小甜豆 不是这个 |
[30:52] | Better? | 更好吗 |
[30:53] | You have no idea. | 比你想象的还好 |
[30:58] | Thanks for taking care of our girls, Enz. | 多谢你照料她们母女 恩佐 |
[31:01] | Okay, so what do we got here? | 这是什么 |
[31:03] | Well, this is my second-grade class. | 这是我的二年级教室 |
[31:07] | Feels like I’m always at the track or getting on a plane. | 感觉我总是在赛道上或在飞机上 |
[31:10] | Feels that way for me too sometimes. | 我有时也有这种感觉 |
[31:12] | It’ll get easier. | 你会适应的 |
[31:16] | You okay? | 你好吗 |
[31:17] | Just a headache. I was up late grading papers. | 有点头痛 我忙着改考卷很晚才睡 |
[31:24] | It wasn’t supposed to take this long, you know. | 你知道 不该花那么久时间的 |
[31:28] | Dream’s always been Formula One, but it feels | 梦想永远是一级方程式 但感觉 |
[31:31] | like I’m just kind of treading water. | 我就像在水上行走一样 |
[31:34] | Hey, no race was ever won on the first corner. | 第一个弯道不可能决定比赛胜负 |
[31:39] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[31:41] | You still love it, don’t you? | 你依然热爱比赛 是吗 |
[31:43] | Yeah, of course. Yeah. | 是的 当然 是的 |
[31:48] | Maybe that’s not enough. | 也许这还不够 |
[31:50] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[31:54] | Apex offered me a seat at Laguna Seca for next weekend. | 艾派克斯让我参加下周末拉古那·塞卡赛道比赛 |
[31:57] | I… I told them I needed to think about it. | 我 我告诉他们我需要考虑一下 |
[32:01] | You’re just tired. | 你累了 |
[32:04] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[32:11] | I spent a sleepless night contemplating what Denny had said. | 我彻夜未眠思考丹尼说的话 |
[32:16] | Quit racing? | 退出比赛吗 |
[32:17] | He was a racecar driver the way I was a dog. | 他是个赛车手 就像我是条狗 |
[32:21] | It was his nature. | 这是他的本性 |
[32:23] | His destiny. | 他的命运 |
[32:28] | According to Mongolian folklore, | 根据蒙古民间传说 |
[32:30] | the dogs are able to see into the spirit world… | 狗狗能看透精神世界 |
[32:32] | Zoe, honey, dinner’s ready! | 佐伊 亲爱的 晚饭好了 |
[32:33] | I want to wait for Daddy. | 我想等爸爸 |
[32:35] | Daddy’s teaching tonight. | 爸爸今晚要上课 |
[32:37] | Five more minutes? Ugh! | 再等五分钟好吗 |
[32:39] | Okay. Enzo, dinner! | 好吧 恩佐 吃完饭 |
[32:41] | Yes! | 来了 |
[32:55] | And then all my worries about Denny were eclipsed by a smell. | 我对丹尼的所有担忧都被气味掩盖了 |
[33:00] | An odor coming from her ears and sinuses like… | 从她耳朵和窦道的味道 像是 |
[33:03] | decay. Like rotting wood. | 腐烂的味道 像是朽木 |
[33:13] | Given a facile tongue, I could have warned her. | 这种轻率的语气 我应该警告她的 |
[33:15] | Don’t give me a hard time, too, buddy. | 也别让我为难 兄弟 |
[33:18] | Instead, all I could do was watch and feel empty inside | 相反 我能做的就是观察感受内心空虚 |
[33:21] | because there was nothing I could do to help her. | 因为我爱莫能助 |
[33:27] | In the zebra’s mute stare, | 在斑马沉默的注视中 |
[33:28] | I could sense it mocking my predicament. | 我能感到它嘲笑窘迫 |
[33:32] | Eve had assigned me to protect 201%. | 伊芙让我保护201% |
[33:38] | But no one had been assigned to protect Eve. | 但没人来保护伊芙 |
[33:55] | Hey, hey, shh. You’re gonna wake up Zoe. | 轻点 轻点 你要吵醒佐伊了 |
[34:00] | Come on. | 来 |
[34:07] | Since when do you watch my incars? | 你什么时候开始看我比赛的 |
[34:11] | How come you go through the turns | 你过弯怎么会比其他赛车 |
[34:12] | so much faster than the other cars? | 快这么多 |
[34:14] | Well… | 这个 |
[34:16] | most drivers are afraid of the rain, | 很多车手害怕下雨 |
[34:18] | because it’s an unpredictable element. | 因为这是无法预测的天气变化 |
[34:20] | They’re forced to react to it. | 他们不得不做出应对 |
[34:22] | And if they’re reacting at speed… | 如果他们这时才加速 |
[34:25] | then they’re probably too late, so they should be afraid of it. | 他们可能就太迟了 所以他们会害怕 |
[34:28] | Well, I’m afraid just watching it. | 我看着都怕 |
[34:31] | Yeah, but if you intentionally make the car do something, | 是的 但如果你有意操控赛车 |
[34:33] | you don’t have to predict. You… you control the outcome. | 你不必预测 你 你能掌控结果 |
[34:37] | So, you skid the car before it skids itself? | 所以你在赛车打滑前先打滑赛车吗 |
[34:39] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[34:41] | Yeah. When I’m in a race car, | 是的 当我在赛车内 |
[34:44] | I’m the creator of my own destiny. | 命运掌握在自己手里 |
[34:47] | “That which you manifest is before you.” | 你所看到的都是你想看到的 |
[34:51] | Create your own conditions and rain is just rain. | 你要自己创造条件 雨就是雨 |
[34:59] | Tomorrow morning you’re gonna call the folks | 明早打电话给 |
[35:00] | at Apex and you’re gonna tell them | 艾派克斯的人 告诉他们 |
[35:02] | that you’ll see them in Laguna Seca. | 在拉古那·塞卡赛道见面 |
[35:05] | And you can’t give up, not ever. | 别放弃 永远别放弃 |
[35:09] | Not for us. Not for anyone. | 不为了我们 也不为了任何人 |
[35:12] | Promise me. | 答应我 |
[35:16] | I promise. | 我答应你 |
[35:18] | At that moment, I finally understood Denny’s love for Eve | 那一刻 我终于明白了丹尼对伊的爱 |
[35:21] | and why, for so long, | 也明白了为什么这么长时间以来 |
[35:23] | I had been afraid to love her myself. | 我一直不敢去爱她 |
[35:27] | She was my unpredictable element. | 她是我不可预见的因素 |
[35:31] | She was my rain. | 她就是我的雨 |
[35:40] | It’s looking to be a beautiful day here | 看来今天天气不错 |
[35:41] | at Laguna Seca Raceway in Salinas, California. | 加利福尼亚州拉古那·塞卡赛道的萨利纳斯赛车场 |
[35:45] | We have a deep field of 43 GT cars and an impressive roster | 迎来43辆GT赛车以及实力雄厚的赛车手 |
[35:49] | of drivers. | 参与比赛 |
[36:01] | Mommy? Go pack your bag. | 妈咪 收拾下你的东西 |
[36:03] | We’re gonna to Grandma and Grandpa’s for a few days | 我们去要爷爷奶奶家住几天 |
[36:04] | until Daddy gets home. Okay? | 直到爸爸回家 好吗 |
[36:07] | – Are you feeling sick? – I just really need to rest. | -你生病了吗 -我只是需要休息 |
[36:11] | Please? | 可以吗 |
[36:24] | Come on. It all happened so fast. | 去吧 这一切发生得太快了 |
[36:29] | In five minutes, they were gone. | 五分钟里 她们就都离开了 |
[36:32] | But I wasn’t gone. I was still there. | 但我没死 我还活着 |
[36:37] | Denny always said panic’s a driver’s worst enemy. | 丹尼常说恐慌是赛车手最大的敌人 |
[36:41] | So, I did not panic. I did not over correct or freeze, | 我不恐慌 我没有过度矫正也没有感到过度惊吓 |
[36:46] | even though I knew Denny wouldn’t be home | 即使我知道丹尼至少 |
[36:48] | for at least another two days. | 两天之后才能回家 |
[36:52] | But I’m a dog. | 但是我是一条狗 |
[36:54] | And when God denied dogs the use of thumbs, | 当上帝设计不让狗使用拇指的时候 |
[36:56] | He gave us the ability to survive | 上帝就给了我们长时间不进食 |
[36:58] | without food for extended periods. | 也不饿死的能力 |
[37:07] | So, although a thumb would’ve been very helpful, | 虽然拇指很有帮助 |
[37:09] | allowing me to turn a doorknob, for instance, | 比如用它来转门把手 |
[37:12] | my second-best tool was my ability to go without food. | 我第二有用的能力是我不用吃也能活着 |
[37:18] | The longer my isolation continued, the more anxious I became. | 我与世隔绝的时间越长 我就越焦虑 |
[37:23] | What if Denny never returned? | 如果丹尼再也不回来了该怎么办 |
[37:30] | With only a limited supply of drinking water, | 饮用水是有限的 |
[37:32] | I had no way of knowing how long I’d have to make it last. | 我不知道我还能坚持多久 |
[37:39] | I sustained myself with the odd stray Cheen’o | 我靠那几只佐伊掉下去的奇怪芝士 |
[37:42] | Zoe had dropped… | 维持自己的生命 |
[37:45] | and suffered the indignity of relieving myself on the mat… | 忍受了在垫子上方便的羞辱 |
[37:49] | waiting for my ordeal to end. | 一直等到我的苦难结束 |
[38:05] | It was roughly 40 hours into my solitude | 在独处了大约40个小时后 |
[38:07] | when I think I began to hallucinate. | 我开始出现幻觉 |
[38:11] | I ‘d just discovered some remnants of spilled yogurt | 我刚发现了一些酸奶洒在地上 |
[38:14] | when I heard a noise. | 然后听见了响声 |
[38:40] | It was the zebra. | 那是斑马 |
[38:52] | as it performed its brutal burlesque… | 当他野蛮的表演模仿剧的时候 |
[38:56] | Not sure how much more I could abide. | 我真的不知道自己还能忍多久 |
[39:18] | I ran out, hoping that what I had seen was only in my mind, | 我跑了出去 希望看到的这些只是幻觉 |
[39:22] | a demonic vision driven by lack of glucose. | 由于缺乏葡萄糖而产生的恶魔般的幻觉 |
[39:30] | But somehow, I knew that it was true | 但不知怎么的 我知道这一切是真的 |
[39:32] | and that something terrible had happened. | 真的发生了一些糟糕的事情 |
[39:51] | Anyone home? | 有人在家吗 |
[39:55] | Enz, hey. What are you doing? Come here. | 恩佐 你怎么来了 快过来 |
[39:58] | Enzo, come here! | 恩佐 过来 |
[40:04] | Come here, bud. Hey. | 来吧 兄弟 |
[40:11] | What happened? Where is Eve? | 发生什么了 伊在哪 |
[40:15] | Eve? | 伊 |
[40:18] | Are Eve and Zoe still there? | 伊和佐伊还在那吗 |
[40:20] | Can I talk to her? | 我能和她聊聊吗 |
[40:26] | Yeah. I’m at the house. Enzo is here. | 我在家 恩佐也在 |
[40:30] | Wait, Eve, wait, hold… He’s been here the whole time? | 等等 伊芙 他这段时间一直在这吗 |
[40:34] | I thought you took him with you! | 我以为你把他带走了 |
[40:36] | No, I got to go. I got to take care of him. | 不 我该走了 我得照顾他 |
[40:41] | The mat was the only place you used, huh? | 你唯一用过的地方是这块垫子吗 |
[40:44] | Come here, bud. There you go. | 来这 伙计 吃吧 |
[40:50] | – Daddy, I missed you! – Oh! I missed you, too. | -爸爸 我好想你 -我也想你 |
[40:53] | Can I say hi to my animals? | 我可以给我的动物打个招呼吗 |
[40:54] | Yeah, go up. Sure, sweetheart. | 去吧 当然可以 甜心 |
[40:57] | I’m just trying to understand. | 我试着理解 |
[40:59] | Ugh. I felt so sick I wasn’t thinking. | 我觉得很不舒服 我也不知道 |
[41:02] | The doctor thinks it’s maybe something viral. | 医生觉得可能是病毒感染 |
[41:05] | Hi, buddy. Hi. | 嗨 老兄 |
[41:07] | Enz, I’m so sorry. | 恩佐 我很抱歉 |
[41:09] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[41:12] | Zoe? Something happened to my animals! | 佐伊 我的动物出事了 |
[41:19] | This is a mess. | 这真是一团糟 |
[41:20] | I… I don’t understand why he’d do this. Zoe, stop crying. | 我不懂他为什么要这样做 佐伊 别哭了 |
[41:24] | I’m gonna go find him. | 我要去找他 |
[41:27] | Get over here. Get over here! | 你给我过来 过来 |
[41:30] | Bad dog! Come on! | 坏狗狗 过来 |
[41:32] | Look what you did. Look what you did! | 看看你都干了什么 好好看看 |
[41:34] | You see that? Why would you do that? | 看见了吗 你为什么要这样做 |
[41:38] | Bad dog! You stupid dog! Denny, stop! | 坏狗狗 蠢狗 丹尼 别这样 |
[41:41] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[41:45] | I had only one thought, | 我只有一个想法 |
[41:48] | The zebra must have reassembled itself | 那斑马肯定在我离开之后 |
[41:50] | and attacked the remaining animals after I left. | 缝好了自己 然后攻击了剩下的动物 |
[41:53] | I should’ve destroyed the demon when I had the chance. | 我应该一有机会就把它杀了的 |
[41:57] | I should’ve eaten it, even if it killed me. | 我不应该吃这个的 就算你把我杀了 |
[42:19] | I’m so sorry, Enz. | 抱歉 恩佐 |
[42:23] | I promise I’ll never do that again. | 我保证我再也不会这样了 |
[42:26] | You’re a tough old dog. | 你这只坚强的老狗 |
[42:32] | Come on. Come on. | 来吧 过来吧 |
[42:39] | I won, by the way. | 顺便提一嘴 我赢了 |
[42:42] | Like first in class? | 像是班上的第一名 |
[42:44] | First overall. | 全年级第一名 |
[42:46] | Plus, a permanent seat in the Apex prototype. | 另外 在艾派克斯永远保有一席之地 |
[42:48] | Oh, my God, Denny! | 天啊 丹尼 |
[42:49] | Oh, my God! They want me down in Sonoma | 天啊 他们让我马上加入 |
[42:51] | to start training with the team right away. | 索诺玛的训练 |
[42:53] | I’m so proud of you. | 真为你骄傲 |
[42:54] | I was thinking we could all go on the road? | 我想我们可以一起去 |
[42:56] | Yes. Maybe at least for the summer? | 是的 至少在夏天之前 |
[42:58] | Yeah, go to all the races and everything? | 一起参加所有的比赛 干所有事 |
[43:00] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[43:01] | In racing, your car goes where your eyes go. | 在比赛中 你的视线要一直跟着你的车 |
[43:05] | A driver who cannot tear his gaze from the wall | 一个无法将目光从墙上移开的车手 |
[43:07] | will inevitably meet that wall. | 会不可避免的撞上那堵墙 |
[43:10] | But the driver who looks down the track | 但当一个车手感觉他的轮胎 |
[43:12] | as he feels his tires break free, | 不受他的控制时 |
[43:14] | that driver will maintain control of his car and his destiny. | 他依旧继续控制着赛车以及他的命运 |
[43:18] | I realized this was what Denny had done. | 我发现丹尼就是这样做的 |
[43:21] | He had manifested a win | 他胜利了 |
[43:23] | because he knew we needed one. | 因为他知道我们需要胜利 |
[43:24] | And then we’ll just meet you after she’s done with school | 等她放学之后我们再见 |
[43:27] | Keys. | 钥匙 |
[43:31] | – Okay. I’ll call you tonight. – Okay. | -好 晚上我给你打电话 -好的 |
[43:34] | Bye, bud. Hey, kiddo, I need that. Let’s see. | 再见 伙计 再见 孩子 我需要这个 拭目以待 |
[43:39] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢你 谢谢你 |
[43:41] | – Have fun. -Bye. | -过得开心 -拜拜 |
[43:43] | Bye, Daddy! | 拜拜 爸爸 |
[43:53] | – Hi, Mom. – Hi. | -你好 妈妈 -你好呀 |
[43:54] | I wanted to see how you’re feeling. | 你怎么样了 |
[43:56] | I’m fine. Much better. | 我很好 好多了 |
[43:58] | I’m taking Enzo for a hike while Zoe’s at school. | 佐伊上学的时候我会带恩佐去散步 |
[44:00] | I need to get into shape, I feel so gross. | 我要减肥 太恶心了 |
[44:02] | Honey, you’re frail as a whippet. | 宝贝 你脆弱得像只小灵狗 |
[44:05] | – Is Denny out of town again? – Mom, I’m not getting into this. | -丹尼又出城了吗 -我不想谈这个 |
[44:08] | I hear enough about it from Dad. | 我听爸爸说得够多了 |
[44:10] | Sweetheart, I’m really just asking. | 宝贝 我只是随便说说 |
[44:12] | I know. | 我知道 |
[44:13] | Um, I got to go. I’ll call you later. I love you. | 我要走了 我一会儿打给你 我爱你 |
[44:16] | – I love you. – Bye. | -我爱你 -拜拜 |
[44:50] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[44:52] | I’m okay. | 我没事 |
[45:33] | There are moments when the urge to speak | 有时候 希望能说出话的欲望 |
[45:35] | is truly maddening. | 真让人抓狂 |
[45:50] | There’s a number. | 这是一个数字 |
[45:54] | Sometimes I hate what I am. | 有时候我讨厌我只是一条狗 |
[46:12] | Hey, come on. | 过来吧 |
[46:16] | Come here. | 来这里 |
[46:21] | Yeah, she’s gonna be okay. | 她会好起来的 |
[46:27] | – Appreciate this, Mike. – No problem, man. | -谢谢你 麦克 -不用客气 老兄 |
[46:30] | They’re talking about not even doing | 他们甚至不做活组织检查 |
[46:31] | a biopsy, just go in and get it, | 直接手术把它取出来进去 |
[46:33] | you know, malignant or not. | 不管是不是恶性的 |
[46:36] | You, um, you want me to call Apex for you? | 你 你想我帮你打电话给艾派克斯吗 |
[46:40] | Nah, I already did. | 不 我准备好了 |
[46:41] | Told them I’m out for the season, maybe longer. | 告诉他们我这一赛季要离队 可能更久 |
[46:45] | I have to be here. | 我必须在这里 |
[46:49] | Okay, Enzo, you’re gonna bunk with Uncle Mike tonight. | 好的 恩佐 今晚你和麦克叔叔睡 |
[46:51] | What do you say about that? You be good for Mike, okay? | 怎么样 你要照顾好麦克 好吗 |
[46:55] | See you in a couple days. | 过几天见 |
[46:58] | I would have done anything to stay with him. | 我会尽量陪伴着他 |
[47:02] | But being a dog, I was not allowed into the hospital | 但是作为一只狗 人们不允许我踏入医院 |
[47:05] | to hear the diagnosis or the options being discussed. | 去听诊断结果或者是讨论如何选择 |
[47:09] | I was almost ten years old | 我当时差不多十岁 |
[47:11] | but no one confided in me, | 没有人信任我 |
[47:13] | or expected anything except that | 也没有人期望我能做什么 |
[47:15] | I control my barking | 除了希望我能控制自己的叫声 |
[47:17] | and do my business outside. | 还希望我在外面忙自己的 |
[47:19] | Somewhere the zebra was dancing. | 斑马在某个地方跳 |
[47:24] | I thought about escaping. | 我想过逃跑 |
[47:27] | I wanted to push everyone away | 把大家都赶走 |
[47:28] | and run off to live with my ancestors | 和我的祖先一起生活在 |
[47:30] | on the high desert plains of Mongolia. | 蒙古的高沙漠平原上 |
[47:37] | I might have, too, if not for my absolute faith | 我相信丹尼有能力 |
[47:40] | in Denny’s ability to make things right again. | 让一切恢复正常 |
[47:50] | She’s out of surgery. | 手术结束了 |
[47:52] | Now we just wait and… see how she responds. | 我们只需要等着她醒来 |
[47:58] | Hi, pal. | 兄弟 |
[47:59] | The trans machine get snaps | 这台车疲倦了 |
[48:01] | The clutch fails. Brakes go soft from overheating. | 离合器坏了 刹车过快导致过热 |
[48:06] | The poor driver will crash. The average driver will quit. | 差的车手会撞毁赛车 一般的会退出 |
[48:11] | But the great driver will drive through the problem. | 而高超的司机能解决这个问题 |
[48:13] | Hey, listen. | 嗨 听我说 |
[48:15] | I have to teach tomorrow, | 我明天有课 |
[48:17] | so you’re gonna go to Caroline’s house after school | 所以你放学之后先去卡罗琳家 |
[48:19] | and I’ll pick you up at six. | 我六点钟来接你 |
[48:26] | Daddy? | 爸爸 |
[48:31] | When’s Mommy gonna come home? | 妈妈什么时候回家 |
[48:36] | I don’t know, pal. | 我不知道 孩子 |
[48:38] | Soon, I hope. | 很快 我希望 |
[48:40] | The great driver finds a way to keep racing. | 伟大的车手找到了继续比赛的方法 |
[48:44] | Good night, Daddy. | 晚安 爸爸 |
[48:45] | – Love you. – Love you, too. | -我爱你 -我也爱你 |
[49:03] | Oh, what’s the matter? You like grilled cheese. | 有问题吗 你不是喜欢烤奶酪吗 |
[49:05] | But it’s gonna be cold by lunchtime. | 但到午餐时间就冷了 |
[49:07] | You know, give your dad a break. | 知道吗 得让爸爸休息一会儿 |
[49:08] | I’m kinda learning on the job here, kiddo. | 我又要工作又要学习 孩子 |
[49:11] | Your wife works too, huh? | 你老婆还在上班吗 |
[49:12] | My mommy’s in the hospital. Her brain got sick. | 我妈妈在医院 她大脑生病了 |
[49:16] | Okay, so I’m gonna pick you up right after school. | 好的 放学后我来接你 |
[49:19] | But today’s Tuesday. I have an extended day. | 但今天是周四 可能会延长 |
[49:21] | Okay, so what time is that over? | 什么时候才能结束 |
[49:23] | Ask Mommy. She knows. | 问妈妈 她知道 |
[49:26] | – Bye,sweetheart. – Bye. | -再见 亲爱的 -再见 |
[49:29] | Hi, Mommy. | 你好 妈妈 |
[49:30] | Days became weeks, | 日复一日 |
[49:31] | and still Eve did not come home from the hospital. | 伊芙还没有从医院回家 |
[49:35] | You’re gonna be okay. | 你会没事的 |
[49:37] | Everything’s gonna be okay. | 一切都会好起来的 |
[49:41] | Maybe you should sit down now. | 你现在应该坐下了 |
[49:53] | The people who cared about Denny made special accommodations. | 关心丹尼的朋友们给他特殊照顾 |
[49:57] | Mike got him some part-time work at the garage | 麦克在汽车修理场给他找了个兼职 |
[50:00] | and looked after me whenever Denny asked. | 并且随叫随到地照顾我 |
[50:03] | And there were other skills | 还有他迫不得已学的 |
[50:05] | he was forced to master. | 其他的技能 |
[50:06] | – You’re hurting me! – Okay. | -你弄疼我了 -好的 |
[50:08] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[50:09] | Zoe spent the hot summer days- | 佐伊在绿湖夏冷营 |
[50:11] | at a kids’ camp over by Green Lake… | 度过了整个暑假 |
[50:15] | Hi, sweetheart. | 嗨 亲爱的 |
[50:16] | And the occasional night with the twins. | 偶尔跟双胞胎过夜 |
[50:19] | Bye! | 再见 |
[50:21] | Here we go. | 我们走吧 |
[50:26] | On those nights, Denny would stay late | 那些夜晚 丹尼在医院过夜 |
[50:28] | at the hospital with Eve. | 陪着伊芙 |
[50:31] | When we’d come home, he would be very quiet. | 我们一回到家,他总是非常沉闷 |
[50:45] | And then it would fall to me to provide what he needed. | 然后要靠我带他出去遛遛 |
[51:11] | By autumn, we’d come to resemble | 到了秋天 我们有点像 |
[51:12] | something like a seasoned pit crew. | 经验丰富的后勤维修人员 |
[51:14] | – Annabelle, Parker… – Yeah. Anticipating, | -安那贝尔 帕克 -是的 预感 |
[51:17] | adjusting, correcting. | 调整 纠正 |
[51:19] | Have a great day! Wait, sweetheart, here. | 再见 等下 亲爱的 这里 |
[51:21] | – Here’s your lunch. – Okay… Thanks, Daddy. | -你的午餐 -好的 谢谢 爸爸 |
[51:22] | See you later. Bye. Bye. | 再见 拜拜 再见 |
[51:26] | Bye. | 拜 |
[51:29] | What do you say, Enz? | 你说呢 恩佐 |
[51:30] | You’re gonna like this one. You ready? | 你会喜欢这个的 准备好了吗 |
[51:33] | Zoe Hey, Zoe! | |
[51:35] | Dinner! | 晚饭好啦 |
[51:38] | Benjamin is going around the outside, | 本杰明快要出跑道了 |
[51:40] | and it’s Wilson and Neal. | 紧接着是威尔森和尼尔 |
[51:42] | No fair. It’s the red car’s fault! | 不公平 是那辆红色车的错 |
[51:44] | Well,yes and no. | 是 也不完全是 |
[51:46] | See, you’ve got to be in charge of your position on the track. | 看 你应该负责自己在跑道上的位置 |
[51:48] | That’s what the red car was doing. | 这是那辆红车刚刚在做的 |
[51:53] | At some point, in every race, | 但有时候 在比赛中 |
[51:56] | you got to take a risk if you want to win. | 你要想赢就必须冒险 |
[52:03] | Oh, my God! Your mom is gonna kill me. | 天啊 你妈妈会杀了我的 |
[52:07] | That night, Denny got the call. | 那天晚上 丹尼接到电话 |
[52:10] | The doctors were finally allowing Eve to come home, | 医生们最终同意让伊芙回家 |
[52:13] | only she wouldn’t be coming home to us. | 只是她不会回我们的家 |
[52:16] | Why can’t Mommy stay with us? | 为什么妈妈不能和我们在一起 |
[52:18] | Well, she will soon. | 快了 她快回来了 |
[52:19] | But we thought since your grandparents are home all the time, | 但我们觉得你爷爷奶奶全天在家 |
[52:22] | it’d be best if she just stayed with them. | 你妈妈跟他们住在一起是最好的选择 |
[52:24] | Just for now. | 只是暂时的 |
[52:34] | Mommy’s here! | 妈妈回来了 |
[52:43] | – Oh, Zoe… – That’s fine, Mom. | -佐伊 -没关系 妈妈 |
[52:46] | Oh, my baby. | 我的孩子 |
[52:48] | – I’ve been waiting for this. – Me, too. | -我一直在等你 -我也是 |
[52:54] | It’s still her, boy. | 还是她 伙计 |
[53:05] | “And it was snowing on a squirrel, it was snowing on a beaver” | 雪花落在松鼠身上 落在海狸身上 |
[53:09] | “and it was snowing on everyone.” | 落在每个人的身上 |
[53:12] | “But then he said, ‘Oh, look, just as we thought.'” | 但之后他说 看 跟我们想的一样 |
[53:16] | And Bogdan said, ‘Wish.’ | 然后Boggan说 许愿 |
[53:19] | “Charles wrote his wish on a piece of paper…” | 查尔斯 把愿望写在一张纸条上 |
[53:22] | I don’t… I don’t understand. What exactly are you asking? | 我不 我不明白 你刚说的什么意思 |
[53:24] | Max and I think Zoe should stay here with us. | 麦克斯和我觉得佐伊应该和我们住这 |
[53:27] | At least until… | 至少等 |
[53:30] | Until what? Are we just assuming now | 等什么 我们现在就认为 |
[53:32] | that she’s not gonna make it? | 她挺不过去了吗 |
[53:34] | We’re all praying for the best, | 我们都祈祷最好的结果 |
[53:35] | but you heard what her doctor said. | 但你听医生说了 |
[53:38] | This might be the only time Zoe has with her mother. | 这可能是佐伊和她妈妈仅有的时间了 |
[53:40] | I can drive her to and from school. Or you can. | 我可以送她上下学 或者你也行 |
[53:43] | Whatever you want. | 随你定 |
[53:46] | And… and you’re welcome to stay here, too. | 也 也欢迎你一起过来住 |
[53:47] | We just didn’t think that you… | 我们只是不觉得你 |
[53:50] | It’s really up to you. | 由你来决定 |
[53:54] | I’ll talk about it with Eve. | 我要跟伊芙商量 |
[53:59] | Come on. | 过来 |
[54:03] | They just want to help us, Denny. | 他们只是想帮我们 丹尼 |
[54:06] | I know. | 我知道 |
[54:08] | What matters is what you want. | 重要的是你想要什么 |
[54:13] | I want my old life back. | 我想回到以前的生活 |
[54:20] | Has my dad been any better with you? He promised he would be. | 我爸跟你相处的还好吗 他答应过我的 |
[54:23] | Yeah, he’s fine. We’re fine, really. You just… | 他很好 我们很好 真的 你就 |
[54:26] | You just keep focused on you. Okay? | 你就照顾好自己 好吗 |
[54:30] | Knock wood. | 幸运如我 |
[54:31] | In a few weeks I’ll get some strength back | 再过几星期 我就能恢复些力气 |
[54:33] | and we can both come home again. | 我们就可以一块回家了 |
[54:37] | – Right? – Right. | -好吗 -好的 |
[54:43] | I want you to start racing again. | 我想让你再去比赛 |
[54:46] | You’ve been away from it for too long. | 你离开赛场太久了 |
[54:49] | We’ll see. | 以后再说 |
[54:52] | I can’t be the reason that you quit. | 你不能因为我而停下 |
[54:56] | You promised me that you wouldn’t quit. | 你答应过我你不会放弃 |
[55:00] | I won’t. | 我不会 |
[55:09] | Get some sleep… | 休息会吧 |
[55:11] | okay? | 好吗 |
[55:16] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[55:19] | I love you so much. | 我更爱你 |
[55:29] | It must be so difficult being a person. | 做个人肯定很难 |
[55:33] | Sometimes I doubt my ability to interact on such a level, | 有时我很怀疑自己是否能做到那样的沟通 |
[55:36] | but I know it’s required if I’m to become the human | 但我知道要想成为我想做的那种人 |
[55:39] | I hope to be. | 那是必须的 |
[55:44] | Take care of our girls, Enzo. | 照顾好我们的姑娘们 恩佐 |
[55:52] | I stayed awake all that night and many others that followed. | 我整晚保持清醒 之后的许多夜晚也是 |
[55:57] | The demon was coming for Eve. | 恶魔就要奔向伊芙 |
[55:59] | But he would have to get through me first. | 但他必须先过我这关 |
[56:03] | Only once the others awoke did I dare relinquish my guard duties. | 只有当别人醒来时我才敢放下守卫的职责 |
[56:08] | Lazy dog. | 懒狗 |
[56:12] | On some nights, Denny kept watch with me. | 一些夜晚 丹尼和我一起守着 |
[56:18] | But he couldn’t rest in the morning. | 但他早晨不会休息 |
[56:21] | I got it, I got it. Okay. | 我接到了 接到了 |
[56:22] | He had to stay strong for Zoe. | 他必须在佐伊面前保持坚强 |
[56:24] | Tug-o-war. What about this one? | 拉锯战 这下怎么样 |
[56:28] | Whoa! We’ve got a tug-o-war. | 我们已经进入拉锯战 |
[56:32] | Which one’s he gonna get? Which one’s he gonna get? | 他会得到哪个呢 他会得到哪个 |
[56:39] | Here it goes! I got it. It’s over there! | 开始了 我拿到了 结束了 |
[56:41] | Enz, come here. | 恩佐 过来 |
[56:44] | Good boy. | 好孩子 |
[56:53] | – Remember? – Yeah. | -记得吗 -记得 |
[56:56] | His endurance knew no limits. | 他无止境地忍耐着 |
[57:00] | – Ah, hey… a tennis racket. – Yeah! | -一把网球拍 -是的 |
[57:03] | And Grandpa got you lessons at our club | 外公给你在我们俱乐部的网球课报名了 |
[57:05] | on a Wednesday afternoons. Won’t that be fun? | 在星期三的下午 难道不会很趣吗 |
[57:07] | – Yeah! Actually. – Wednesday’s not that good | -肯定会 -我星期三不行 |
[57:09] | for me. I’m at the garage all day. | 我一整天都在修车厂 |
[57:11] | That’s all right. We can drive you, Zoe, right? | 没关系 我们可以送你佐伊 对吗 |
[57:13] | -Yea h! – Yeah. | -没错 -没问题 |
[57:15] | And when Eve’s parents dated on Zoe, | 当伊芙的父母跟佐伊约定的时候 |
[57:17] | he let them. | 他允许了 |
[57:17] | He understood this was their way | 他知道他们唯一的女儿身上发生的事 |
[57:19] | of pushing out of their minds | 是他们移自己的注意力 |
[57:20] | what was happening to their own daughter. | 的唯一方式 |
[57:27] | A task that was, of course, impossible. | 检查的结果是 当然 不可能 |
[57:57] | – Hi. – Surprise! | -你们好 -给你个惊喜 |
[57:59] | What’s the surprise? | 什么惊喜 |
[58:02] | – Just come. – We decided to have a party. | -先过来 -我们决定开个聚会 |
[58:04] | We’re having a party? I think, | 我们要开聚会吗 我想 |
[58:05] | I think I’m a little under-dressed. | 我想我穿得不太适合 |
[58:08] | You look incredibly handsome. | 你看起来帅呆了 |
[58:11] | Are you sure you’re up for this? | 你确定你要这么做吗 |
[58:14] | I want to come home. | 我想要回家 |
[58:17] | I want you home. | 你想让你回家 |
[58:19] | So bad, you have no idea. | 特别想 你都想像不到 |
[59:34] | Do you see? | 你看到了吗 |
[59:37] | Do you? | 你看到了吗 |
[59:40] | I’m not afraid of it anymore. | 我什么也不害怕 |
[59:45] | Because I know it’s not the end. | 因为我知道这不是结局 |
[59:52] | But you knew that, didn’t you? | 但你知道的 对吗 |
[59:57] | You know everything. | 你清楚一切 |
[1:00:05] | Not everything, no. | 不是所有的事情 不是 |
[1:00:18] | But I know this… | 但我知道这是 |
[1:00:23] | Eve’s last breath freed her soul. | 伊芙灵魂最后的一次呼吸 |
[1:00:28] | I saw it leave, myself. | 我亲眼看到它消失 |
[1:00:31] | Released to continue its journey elsewhere. | 离开到其它地方继续旅行 |
[1:02:14] | That’s nice. | 这样很不错 |
[1:03:22] | That’s a baby game. I have to be a grown up now. | 那是小孩儿玩的 我现在必须要长大了 |
[1:03:53] | Trish just fixed Zoe something to eat. | 崔西刚给佐伊做了些吃的 |
[1:03:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:04:03] | All those people. | 所有那些人 |
[1:04:07] | All her old friends. | 她的老朋友们 |
[1:04:10] | – Students of hers. – Yeah, everyone loved her. | -她的学生们 -是的 大家都爱她 |
[1:04:16] | I thought I’d be ready, you know? | 我一直觉得自己准备好了 你知道吗 |
[1:04:18] | I mean, I… I knew it was coming, but… | 我的意思是 我知道这天会来 但 |
[1:04:22] | I wasn’t ready. | 我没准备好 |
[1:04:23] | Not at all. | 一点都没 |
[1:04:26] | Well, to be honest, Denny, that’s… | 说实话 丹尼 |
[1:04:29] | what’s concerning us a little. | 那就是我们担心的 |
[1:04:31] | That you haven’t made any preparations. | 你没有做任何准备 |
[1:04:33] | You don’t seem to have a plan in place. | 你好像对自己的处境没有计划 |
[1:04:35] | Plan? I don’t… | 计划 我不 |
[1:04:37] | Zoe’s eating an egg and some toast. | 佐伊正在吃鸡蛋和吐烤面包 |
[1:04:40] | We just started. | 我们刚开始谈 |
[1:04:42] | Oh, I thought… | 我以为 |
[1:04:45] | I’m sorry, started what? | 对不起 开始谈什么 |
[1:04:51] | Can one of you tell me what exactly is going on here? | 你们谁能告诉我这到底是怎么回事 |
[1:04:57] | Um, Maxwell and I have been talking, and, um… | 麦克斯韦和我正在商量 |
[1:05:02] | we were wondering if maybe | 我们想是否可能 |
[1:05:03] | the best situation for all of us involved | 对我们大家都好 |
[1:05:06] | might be if Zoe continued to live here with us. | 让佐伊继续跟我们住在一起 |
[1:05:11] | – What? – She needs stability right now. | -什么 -她现在需要一个稳定的环境 |
[1:05:15] | And, frankly, we don’t think | 老实说 我们不认为 |
[1:05:16] | you’re in a position to provide that. | 以你现在的处境能给她好的环境 |
[1:05:18] | Not if you’re gonna return to racing. | 除非你不再回到赛场 |
[1:05:19] | Are you… are you gonna go back to racing? | 你 你还要回到赛场吗 |
[1:05:22] | Of course, yeah. | 当然 |
[1:05:24] | Not right away, but… | 不是现在 但 |
[1:05:25] | And when you do, who’s gonna take care of Zoe then? | 等你去比赛 谁能照顾佐伊呢 |
[1:05:28] | I will. | 我会照顾 |
[1:05:30] | – Like you did Eve? – Maxwell! | -像你照顾伊芙那样吗 -麦克斯韦 |
[1:05:32] | What the hell is that supposed to mean? | 这到底是什么意思 |
[1:05:33] | Denny, please, none of us has the heart | 丹尼 拜托 我们都没心情 |
[1:05:35] | to argue about this right now. | 现在跟你争论这个 |
[1:05:36] | Maybe if you’d been around more, | 也许你要是能多陪她一点 |
[1:05:37] | you’d have noticed something was wrong. | 你就会发现情况不对 |
[1:05:39] | – Maybe it could’ve been caught in time. – That’s not true! | -可能就可以及早发现 -这么说不对 |
[1:05:41] | He’s upset, Denny, he’s just upset. | 因为伤心而已 丹尼 他只是太难过了 |
[1:05:42] | You don’t think that I asked the doctors | 你觉得我没有无数次地 |
[1:05:44] | that question a thousand times? | 问过医生这个问题吗 |
[1:05:46] | We all know there’s nothing anybody could’ve done. | 我们都明白这一切我们无能为力 |
[1:05:49] | That’s not what this is about. | 那跟这一切都没关系 |
[1:05:50] | Zoe is coming home with me. End ofdiscussion! | 佐伊跟我回家 没有商量的余地 |
[1:05:53] | We just want to consider what’s best for Zoe. | 我们只是想为了Zoe好 |
[1:05:55] | What’s best for Zoe is that she is with her father | Zoe跟她父亲在一起才是为了她好 |
[1:05:59] | And if you want to have any relationship with her, | 如果你们还想以后再见到她 |
[1:06:01] | I suggest you stop pushing this issue right now! | 我建议你们立刻停止这个事情 |
[1:06:03] | See, what’d I tell you? | 看 我怎么跟你说的 |
[1:06:04] | But you could still be in her life, | 但是你还是可以见到她啊 |
[1:06:06] | just as much as you want to. | 想多久就多久 |
[1:06:07] | We have the time and the money to care | 我们有足够的时间和金钱 |
[1:06:09] | for her the way Eve would have wanted. | 按照Eve希望的那样去照顾她 |
[1:06:11] | You can continue to pursue your racing full-time. | 你可以继续你的全职赛车 |
[1:06:14] | I… I’m… I’m done. I’m done listening to this. | 够了够了 我不想再听了 |
[1:06:17] | You’re giving us no other choice. | 你没有给我们其他的选择 |
[1:06:19] | Maxwell, you promised me you wouldn’t! | Maxwell 你答应过我你不会这样 |
[1:06:22] | Wha… | 什么 |
[1:06:26] | Are you kidding me? | 你在跟我开玩笑吗 |
[1:06:29] | I just buried my wife | 我刚给我妻子办完葬礼 |
[1:06:30] | and you’re suing me for custody of my daughter? | 现在你要因为我女儿的监护权起诉我 |
[1:06:33] | Denny, I’m… I’m so sorry. | Denny 我 实在对不起 |
[1:06:35] | This is not at all what we thought… | 我们完全不想这样的 |
[1:06:37] | Finished my egg. | 我吃完蛋啦 |
[1:06:40] | Sweetheart, go inside and pack your things. | 宝贝儿 进去收拾你的东西 |
[1:06:41] | We’re gonna go home right now. | 我们马上回家 |
[1:06:42] | Everything’s fine, honey.Your dad has some things to take care of, | 一切正常 甜心 你爸爸有些事情要去做 |
[1:06:45] | so you’ll stay with us for now. | 所以你现在跟我们住一起 |
[1:06:46] | Zoe, go and get your stuff. We’re leaving. | Zoe 去收拾东西 我们要走了 |
[1:06:49] | Who the hell do you think you are? | 你觉得你是什么东西 |
[1:06:51] | You can’t do this alone and you know it. | 你自己一个人应付不来的 你知道的 |
[1:06:53] | What happens when you’re back to disappearing | 当你又回去搞你那些比赛 连续消失 |
[1:06:55] | for days on end at those races of yours? | 好几天的时候 发生了什么 |
[1:06:58] | You’re on a plane every weekend. | 每个周末你都在飞机上 |
[1:07:00] | You missed her birth, for Christ’s sake! | 天啦 她出生的时候你都不在 |
[1:07:02] | You’re not taking her. | 你不能带走她 |
[1:07:04] | Oh, my God. | 噢 我的老天 |
[1:07:07] | – Are you… – I’m fine. | -你还 -我很好 |
[1:07:09] | I said I’m fine! | 我说了我很好 |
[1:07:12] | Denny, please let her stay. Just for now. | Denny 暂时就让她留下来吧 |
[1:07:14] | The lawyers could come up with a compromise! | 律师会提出一个折中方案的 |
[1:07:16] | Zoe Zoe! | |
[1:07:19] | We’ll come back later for your dolls, okay? | 我们回头再来拿你的玩具 好吗 |
[1:07:21] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:07:30] | Get in the car, sweetheart. | 上车 宝贝儿 |
[1:07:33] | You’re making a big mistake! | 你正在犯一个大错误 |
[1:07:37] | Enzo, get in. | Enzo 上车 |
[1:07:58] | Not now, Enzo. | 现在不行 Enzo |
[1:08:10] | What? Okay. | 什么 好吧 |
[1:08:18] | I didn’t know what was on. | 我不知道电视上在演什么 |
[1:08:19] | I only knew he needed a distraction. | 我只知道他需要转移一下注意力 |
[1:08:22] | It was something Eve used to do | 过去Eve常常这样做 |
[1:08:24] | when Denny was down. | 当Denny心情不好的时候 |
[1:08:26] | Okay, you crazy dog. | 好呀 你这条狗 |
[1:08:30] | It turned out to be the 1989 Luxembourg Grand Prix | 这是在1989年的卢森堡大奖赛上 |
[1:08:33] | in which the Irish driver Kevin Finnerty York | 爱尔兰车赛车手Kevin Finnerty York |
[1:08:36] | finished victorious while driving the final 20 laps | 只用二档完成了最后20圈的比赛 |
[1:08:39] | with only two gears. | 赢得了冠军 |
[1:08:45] | A true champion can accomplish things | 真正的冠军可以做到 |
[1:08:47] | a normal person would consider impossible. | 常人认为不可能的事情 |
[1:08:51] | Denny just needed to remember that. | Denny只需要记住这个 |
[1:08:56] | Thanks for taking my call at home, Mark. | Mark谢谢你在家休息还接我的电话 |
[1:08:58] | You’re the only lawyer that I know. | 我只认识你这一个律师 |
[1:08:59] | And you’re the only mechanic I trust. | 你也是我唯一相信的汽修工 |
[1:09:03] | Relax, Denny. From what you told me on the phone, | 放轻松 Denny 据你所说 |
[1:09:05] | this is open-and-shut. | 这案子很简单 |
[1:09:07] | – Where is your daughter now? – She wanted to go to school. | -你女儿现在在哪里 -她想去上学 |
[1:09:09] | Should I have kept her at home? | 我应该把她留在家里吗 |
[1:09:11] | No, that’s good. You’re responding to her needs. | 不用 让她去吧 你这是满足她的需求 |
[1:09:14] | They’re trying to claim you’re an unfit parent | 他们想起诉你是个不称职的父亲 |
[1:09:16] | because of the intrinsic dangers of your occupation. | 因为你职业有潜在的危险 |
[1:09:18] | It’s a totally bogus suit. | 这完全是假的 |
[1:09:21] | Can’t imagine why they even bothered to file it. | 真不知道他们为什么要费心去归档 |
[1:09:23] | I’ll demand a summary judgment and that’ll be that. | 我会要求简易判决 仅此而已 |
[1:09:26] | I mean, you’re… you’re saying there’s not even a chance. | 我想 你 你是说不会可能存在 |
[1:09:27] | This is Washington State. | 这里是华盛顿州 |
[1:09:29] | The child is always awarded to the biological parent. | 孩子总是会被判给亲生父母的 |
[1:09:32] | No question. | 不用担心 |
[1:09:41] | Afternoon, Officers. | 下午好 警官们 |
[1:09:42] | You Dennis Swift? | 你是Denny Swift吗 |
[1:09:43] | I’ll just check if he’s still in the back. | 我去看看他是不是还在后面 |
[1:09:51] | I’m Denny Swift. | 我就是Denny Swift |
[1:09:52] | Would you step out from behind the counter, sir? | 先生 请从柜台后面走出来好吗 |
[1:09:55] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:09:57] | We have a warrant for your arrest. | 我们有张你的逮捕令 |
[1:09:58] | Some kind of joke? | 这是个什么玩笑吗 |
[1:10:00] | Sir, please place your hands on the counter and spread your legs. | 先生 请把手放在柜台上 把腿伸开 |
[1:10:02] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:10:04] | Hey, hey, buddy, it’s okay, it’s okay. | 嘿 嘿 伙计 没事 不要紧 |
[1:10:06] | Can you tell me how long this is gonna take? | 你可以告诉我需要多久吗 |
[1:10:07] | You have the right to remain silent… | 你有权保持沉默 |
[1:10:08] | I need to pick my daughter up from school. | 我要去接我女儿放学 |
[1:10:10] | Denny, I can pick her up for you. | Denny我可以帮你去接她 |
[1:10:12] | No, call Mark Finn. He’ll… he’ll know what to do. | 不 给Mark Finn打电话 他知道怎么做 |
[1:10:13] | Do you understand your right? | 你知道哪边是右吗 |
[1:10:14] | – Yeah, I understand. -This way, please. | -我知道 -请这边走 |
[1:10:16] | – Call Mark Finn. – Stay. | -给Mark Finn打电话 -待着 |
[1:10:18] | What are you arresting him for? | 你们为什么要逮捕他 |
[1:10:21] | I’d only felt such helplessness once before. | 我以前只感到过一次这样的无助 |
[1:10:24] | The day Eve collapsed in the woods. | 就是Eve倒在树林里的那天 |
[1:10:31] | Coffee tomorrow morning, 8:30 sharp. | 明天早上 咖啡 准时8:30 |
[1:10:33] | – We’ll go over everything then, all right? – All right. | -我们过一遍所有细节 好吗 -好的 |
[1:10:37] | We tried picking Zoe up from school, but… | 我们试过去接Zoe 但是 |
[1:10:38] | Yeah, I know, her grandparents got to her first. | 嗯 我知道 她外公外婆先一步接走她了 |
[1:10:42] | They timed this thing on purpose, man. Come on. | 他们故意算好了时间来的 兄弟 走 |
[1:10:45] | Thanks, Mike. | Mike 多谢 |
[1:10:49] | Fourth-degree assault is a gross misdemeanor, | 四级殴打罪是一个恶心的轻罪 |
[1:10:52] | so it’s unlikely you’ll see any real jail time. | 所以你不会有真的牢狱之灾 |
[1:10:55] | But we both know that’s not what this is about. | 但是我们都知道这不是关键 |
[1:10:58] | There’s almost no chance you’ll be awarded custody | 关键是如果你被定罪 |
[1:11:00] | if you’re convicted. | 你几乎没有可能获得监护权了 |
[1:11:02] | Now, because of the criminal charges, | 现在 由于刑事指控 |
[1:11:04] | the judge granted a temporary restraining order. | 法官批准了一项临时限制令 |
[1:11:07] | That means you’re looking at 90 days before you can see Zoe again. | 这意味着你在90天之后才能再见到Zoe |
[1:11:09] | No. | 不 |
[1:11:10] | – No, I… I can’t not see… – You’re gonna have to. | -不 我 我不能看 -你不得不这样 |
[1:11:13] | Eve’s parents already filed a motion to terminate your rights. | Eve的父母已经提议终止你的监护权 |
[1:11:16] | Mark, this is crazy. He grabbed me. | Mark 这简直疯了 是他抓住了我 |
[1:11:19] | Any witnesses? | 有人证吗 |
[1:11:20] | Trish, I guess, but her back was to us. | Trish 我想 但是她当时背对着我们 |
[1:11:24] | I can talk to her. | 我可以跟她谈谈 |
[1:11:25] | No, do not speak to either of them, I mean it. | 不 不要跟他们任何一个人谈 我认真的 |
[1:11:28] | You’ll jeopardize your entire case. | 你会危及到整个案子的 |
[1:11:30] | Now, to explain your absence to Zoe | 现在为了给Zoe解释你为什么不在 |
[1:11:32] | we have agreed to invent a story | 我们一致同意编个故事 |
[1:11:34] | about you driving for a team in Europe. | 你正在欧洲帮一个队比赛 |
[1:11:37] | I also managed to negotiate a letter exchange. | 我还设法争取到了信件交换 |
[1:11:40] | Ninety days! | 90天啊 |
[1:11:42] | The injustice was unbearable. | 这种不公让人难以忍受 |
[1:11:44] | First, Denny lost Eve | Denny先是失去了Eve |
[1:11:46] | and now he would be deprived of Zoe, too. | 现在又即将失去Zoe |
[1:11:57] | Denny struggled as the weeks passed. | 几个星期过去了 Denny苦苦挣扎 |
[1:12:09] | While I very much wish to be human, | 虽然我很想成为一个人 |
[1:12:10] | there is one advantage to being a dog that I will miss. | 但作为一只狗 有一个好处是我会想念的 |
[1:12:16] | What do you think, Enzo? | 你觉得怎么样 Enzo |
[1:12:18] | It is this… | 那就是 |
[1:12:21] | A dog can power down his psyche and slow his metabolism. | 狗可以停止思考 降低新陈代谢 |
[1:12:26] | He can sit for hours on end with no effort. | 可以毫不费力地坐连续几个小时 |
[1:12:30] | A dog can change the tempo of the world, | 狗可以改变整个世界的节奏 |
[1:12:32] | but people are at its mercy. | 人们只能听其摆布 |
[1:12:43] | Hello? | 喂 |
[1:12:44] | What’s the deal with the dog? | 你家狗最近怎么样了 |
[1:12:46] | – Huh? – The dog. | -怎么了 -你家狗 |
[1:12:48] | Zoe’s been asking her grandparents to see the dog. | Zoe一直问她的外公外婆 想见你家狗 |
[1:12:51] | Of course, she can see Enzo. | 当然 她可以见Enzo |
[1:12:53] | Tell her he’s been staying at Mike’s | 告诉她 狗狗一直待在Mike家 |
[1:12:54] | and I can have Mike drop Enzo off this weekend. | 我会让Mike周末带Enzo过去 |
[1:12:57] | – Okay. I’ll fioat it. – Okay. | -好的 我会传达 -好 |
[1:12:59] | Thanks, Mark. | 谢了 Mark |
[1:13:00] | Listen, my secretary says we sent you an invoice. | 我的秘书说我们给你寄了一张发票 |
[1:13:04] | – Yeah, I paid that. – That was your prior invoice. | -是 我已经付款了 -那是之前的费用 |
[1:13:07] | I realize you can’t leave the state, so racing is not an option. | 我知道你不能离开州 所以你不能再赛车 |
[1:13:10] | But I have people walking on this, paralegals, support staff. | 我有一些人在做律师助理 后勤人员 |
[1:13:13] | Yeah, I know, Mark. I’ll… | 嗯 我知道 Mark 我会 |
[1:13:15] | find a way to pay you. | 找到钱付给你的 |
[1:13:26] | It was hard to comprehend this turn our lives had taken. | 很难理解我们的生活发生了这样的转变 |
[1:13:37] | Enzo! Come here, Enzo! | Enzo 来这儿 Enzo |
[1:13:44] | Make sure you wipe his paws off | 在它进门之前 |
[1:13:45] | before he comes in. | 一定要把它的爪子擦干净 |
[1:13:47] | – Grandma just had the carpets cleaned. – Okay. | -外婆刚洗了地毯 -好的 |
[1:13:57] | I miss Daddy. Don’t you? | 我想爸爸了 你呢 |
[1:14:00] | For the first time in my life, I was glad I couldn’t talk. | 我有生以来第一次庆幸自己不会说话 |
[1:14:05] | I wouldn’t know what to tell her. | 我不知道该跟她说什么 |
[1:14:12] | After Zoe went to sleep, | Zoe睡觉之后 |
[1:14:13] | I took the opportunity to spy on the twins. | 我找到了机会去监视这两位 |
[1:14:16] | The man put me on the ground. | 那个人把我按到了地上 |
[1:14:18] | I cracked a rib, for God’s sake. | 我断了一根肋骨 我的老天爷啊 |
[1:14:22] | You saw what happened! | 你看到发生了什么 |
[1:14:24] | The lawyer said the whole case hinges | 律师说整个案子取决于 |
[1:14:26] | on you corroborating my statement. | 你能否证实我的陈述 |
[1:14:29] | You need to testify. | 你必须要去作证 |
[1:14:32] | Inside me a darkness was brewing. | 一种黑暗在我心中酝酿 |
[1:14:34] | Just remember who we’re doing this for, okay? | 你就想想我们是为了谁 好吗 |
[1:14:36] | Our granddaughter. That’s all that matters. | 为了我们的外孙女啊 这才是最重要的 |
[1:14:41] | And I was not above using the tools of my dogness | 我并不是不屑于利用我作为一只狗 |
[1:14:44] | to exact justice. | 来伸张正义 |
[1:14:46] | What? | 怎么 |
[1:14:49] | You like pepper? Maxwell. | -你喜欢辣椒 -Maxwell |
[1:14:53] | I knew that pepper was bad for me, but I ate it anyway. | 我知道辣椒对我不好 但我还是吃了 |
[1:14:59] | Good, huh? | 还不错 哈 |
[1:15:01] | After all, I’m just a stupid dog. | 毕竟 我不过是一条愚蠢的狗 |
[1:15:04] | It’s the second longest bull market we’ve ever seen. | 这是我们所见过的第二长的牛市 |
[1:15:07] | Potential sellers have not bailed out. | 潜在的卖家尚未出手 |
[1:15:09] | I watched and I waited… | 我观察 我等着 |
[1:15:13] | as in my stomach, a foul concoction steeped. | 我的胃里 有一种浸泡过的难闻的混合物 |
[1:15:27] | Come on. Come on, we got to go outside, come on. | 来 快来 我们出去 快来 |
[1:15:34] | Come on. Let’s go, let’s get busy, come on! | 快来 我们走 动起来 快点 |
[1:15:36] | Come on, let’s go, let’s get busy. | 快来 走啊 动起来 |
[1:15:39] | Oh, no, no. No! No, no, no, no! | 噢 不 不 不 不 不 不 不 |
[1:15:43] | Trish! Get down here! | Trish 快下来 |
[1:15:45] | The dog just took a liquid dump on the carpet! | 狗刚在地毯上大便了 |
[1:15:48] | Where’s the bucket? Oh, God. | 铲斗在哪 噢 天 |
[1:15:51] | Trish! Can you get down here? | Trish 你可以下来这里吗 |
[1:15:54] | You get busy, mister. | 有的你忙了 先生 |
[1:15:57] | Your eyes are already forward, | 你的眼睛已经向前看了 |
[1:15:58] | looking at that next turn. | 看着下一个转弯 |
[1:16:00] | – You know, give me a second, okay? Hey. – Sure. | -等我一会儿啊 嘿 -好 |
[1:16:03] | What happened? I thought they were keeping him until tonight. | 怎么了 我还以为他们会留它到今天晚上 |
[1:16:05] | Yeah. From what I understand, | 对啊 据我所了解 |
[1:16:06] | Enzo wasn’t exactly the ideal house-guest. | Enzo并不是个理想的客人 |
[1:16:09] | Okay. Well, we’re almost finished up here. | 好吧 这边马上就结束了 |
[1:16:11] | It’d been years since these old eyes had seen a live track. | 我已经有好几年没有看到过现场直播了 |
[1:16:15] | I didn’t realize just how much I’d missed it. | 我没有意识到自己错过了多少 |
[1:16:17] | I even felt the tug of my old dream | 我甚至有一股强烈的感觉 |
[1:16:20] | of driving in a real race car alongside him. | 我曾梦想在他身边驾驶一辆真正的赛车 |
[1:16:23] | All right, let’s checker the session, | 好了 我们来检查场地 |
[1:16:24] | clear the track! All the students to the grandstand. | 清理赛道 所有学生去大看台上 |
[1:16:27] | Nobody head home yet. Hey, Denny, got a minute? | 现在还不能回家 嘿 Denny 有时间吗 |
[1:16:30] | Give me a second. | 等我一会儿 |
[1:16:31] | Luca! | 卢卡 |
[1:16:33] | Don, how are you? | 唐 你好吗 |
[1:16:34] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[1:16:35] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[1:16:36] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:16:36] | This is Luca Pantoni from Ferrari. | 这是法拉利的卢卡 潘托尼 |
[1:16:38] | He’s visiting us from Italy. | 他从意大利过来看看我们 |
[1:16:39] | Denny Swift. | 丹尼 斯威夫特 |
[1:16:40] | Pleasure. | 幸会 |
[1:16:40] | Is this the new model? | 这是新型号吗 |
[1:16:42] | Yeah, direct from the factory. | 是 刚出厂的 |
[1:16:44] | It’s even better-looking in person. | 当面更好看 |
[1:16:46] | You know, I saw you race once. In Daytona. | 你知道吗 我看过你比赛 在代托纳 |
[1:16:48] | Yeah, that was a tough one. | 那次比赛挺难的 |
[1:16:50] | Luca was hoping you could show him the track. | 卢卡希望你带他看看赛道 |
[1:16:53] | Yes, sir. | 行啊 |
[1:16:58] | Who is that? | 那是谁 |
[1:16:59] | Head of driver development from Ferrari in Italy. | 意大利法拉利挖掘车手部门的主管 |
[1:17:07] | I figure it’ll take him a lap to get comfortable | 我估计他得开上一圈来熟悉车子 |
[1:17:09] | but next time by, it’ll be a flyer. | 但下一圈 就要飞起来了 |
[1:17:12] | Come on, follow me. | 来 跟着我 |
[1:17:13] | Come on, Enz. | 来 恩佐 |
[1:17:14] | Up here, guys. Bring it in. | 上这来 伙计们 带它过来 |
[1:17:16] | Now watch. You’re getting a master class here. | 现在看着 给你们上堂大师课 |
[1:17:25] | That said, any of you ever drive like that, | 你们有人开过那样的车吗 |
[1:17:27] | I will black flag you so fast your head will spin. | 你们开这么快我会给黑旗的 会头晕 |
[1:17:30] | Denny’s a professional. | 丹尼是专家 |
[1:17:57] | How was it? | 怎么样 |
[1:17:59] | That was incredible. Ha! | 真了不起 |
[1:18:01] | You deserve it. | 应该的 |
[1:18:02] | All right, show’s over! | 好了 表演结束 |
[1:18:03] | What’d you think, huh, boy? | 你觉得怎么样 小子 |
[1:18:05] | See everybody tomorrow! | 明天见 |
[1:18:06] | You’re a Ferrari guy. Isn’t she a beaut? | 你是开过法拉利的人了 她漂亮不 |
[1:18:09] | I would like to offer you a job. | 我想给你份工作 |
[1:18:12] | I work in Maranello, the factory headquarters, | 我在马拉内罗工作 工厂总部 |
[1:18:15] | and we have a wonderful track there. | 我们那有个很棒的赛道 |
[1:18:17] | You’d be testing the cars. | 你可以测试车 |
[1:18:22] | Thank you, Mr. Pantoni, | 谢谢你 潘托尼先生 |
[1:18:25] | but… there are certain things | 但有些事情 |
[1:18:28] | that keep me from leaving the country right now. | 阻止我离开这个国家 |
[1:18:31] | Don explained to me all about your troubles. | 唐给我解释过你的问题 |
[1:18:33] | But if your situation should change, | 但如果你的情况有了变化 |
[1:18:36] | my phone is on the card. | 随时可以联系我 |
[1:18:39] | It was a pleasure. | 这是我的荣幸 |
[1:18:41] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 |
[1:18:43] | Come on. | 过来 |
[1:18:57] | He’s asked about you over the years. | 他这些年一直念叨你 |
[1:18:59] | When I told him what you went through with Eve, | 我告诉他你和伊芙的事情 |
[1:19:01] | he said he wanted to hire you. Huh. | 他就说可以雇你 |
[1:19:04] | All I know is, he respects how you’re fighting for your daughter. | 我只知道 他很敬佩你为女儿做的争取 |
[1:19:11] | And what if I don’t win? | 但如果我没赢呢 |
[1:19:13] | There’s no dishonor in losing the race, | 输个比赛也没什么丢脸的 |
[1:19:14] | there’s only dishonor in not racing | 不敢比赛才丢脸 |
[1:19:16] | because you’re afraid to lose. | 因为害怕输 |
[1:19:19] | Now go find your students, get back on the track. | 去找你的学生吧 回赛道去 |
[1:19:20] | That’s where you belong. | 那才是你该待的地方 |
[1:19:24] | Come on. | 过来 |
[1:19:29] | Ninety days seemed an eternity, even for me. | 九十天似乎很久 哪怕是对我来说 |
[1:19:33] | But at long last, day 90 arrived. | 但最终 第九十天还是到了 |
[1:19:41] | Daddy! | 爸爸 |
[1:19:46] | Enzo! | 恩佐 |
[1:19:50] | – I’ll be back for her by six. – Okay. | -我六点钟回来接她 -好 |
[1:19:52] | – Take care. – Thanks. | -小心点 -谢谢 |
[1:19:59] | – Mrn. Missed you. – Missed you. | -想你 -想你 |
[1:20:01] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[1:20:02] | Come on, Enzo. I made something special for dinner. | 来吧 恩佐 今天晚餐有惊喜 |
[1:20:10] | Daddy? | 爸爸 |
[1:20:11] | Are you gonna go back to Europe soon? | 你是不是又要去欧洲了 |
[1:20:14] | No, not yet, sweetheart. | 还没有 宝贝 |
[1:20:17] | But, Zoe, you need to stay with your grandparents | 但是 佐伊 你需要和外祖父母 |
[1:20:19] | for just a little while longer, okay? | 再多待一段时间 好吗 |
[1:20:21] | No, I want to come home. | 不 我想回家 |
[1:20:23] | I know you do. | 我知道你想 |
[1:20:24] | And I want you to, more than anything, | 我也想你回来 比什么都想 |
[1:20:26] | but… the lawyers still need to make a decision | 但律师们还得决定 |
[1:20:28] | about where it’s best for you to live. | 你在哪里过会更好 |
[1:20:30] | Okay? That’s just part of what happens when someone’s mommy dies. | 好吗 这就是妈妈死后会发生的事情 |
[1:20:33] | Just tell them. Tell them I want to live | 就告诉他们 告诉他们我想回去 |
[1:20:35] | back home with you and Enzo. | 和你 和恩佐一起过 |
[1:20:37] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:20:39] | I’ll tell them. | 我会告诉他们 |
[1:20:42] | There you go. | 去吧 |
[1:20:43] | – Bye, Daddy. – Bye, baby. | -拜 爸爸 -拜 宝贝 |
[1:20:46] | You’ll get her every other weekend until the trial. | 每两周你能见她一次 直到判决出结果 |
[1:20:49] | After that… | 那之后 |
[1:20:50] | It’s all or nothing. | 孤注一掷 |
[1:20:54] | Look, Denny, I… | 听着 丹尼 |
[1:20:56] | I know this isn’t what you want to hear right now, | 我知道这不是你现在想听的 |
[1:21:00] | but their attorney made it clear to me. | 但他们的律师告诉我 |
[1:21:02] | The suit, the criminal charges, it can all go away tomorrow, | 只要你放弃监护权 |
[1:21:05] | if you dropped your custody claim to 206. | 诉讼 指控 明天都可以烟消云散 |
[1:21:08] | Now, I have an obligation to make sure you understand, | 我有责任来确保你明白 |
[1:21:11] | we have leverage now. | 我们现在有优势了 |
[1:21:12] | I’m talking visitation, privileges. | 我是说探视 特权 |
[1:21:15] | Things we’re gonna have a much harder time securing, | 如果你被认为有袭击罪 |
[1:21:17] | if you’re found guilty of assault | 这些权利我们得花更大功夫来寻求 |
[1:21:19] | and Zoe’s grandparents are awarded custody. | 并且佐伊的外祖父母会获得抚养权 |
[1:21:24] | Leverage. | 优势 |
[1:21:24] | I’m not saying we can’t win. | 我不是说我们不能赢 |
[1:21:27] | We might. | 我们可能赢 |
[1:21:29] | But we could also lose. Big. | 但也可能输 很大几率 |
[1:21:31] | Can’t lose, Mark. | 不能输 马克 |
[1:21:32] | Denny, anyone can lose. | 丹尼 没人不能输 |
[1:21:34] | You, of all people, should know that. | 你该知道这点 |
[1:21:38] | Look, just… just give it some thought. | 你看 就考虑一下 |
[1:21:50] | I knew what Denny was thinking. | 我知道丹尼在想什么 |
[1:21:53] | If he just had a steering wheel to hold onto, | 只要他握住方向盘 |
[1:21:55] | his hands wouldn’t shake. | 他的手就不会发抖 |
[1:22:05] | “Just you and me, Enzo.” | 就你和我 恩佐 |
[1:22:07] | That’s what he’d always say when we’d take our night runs. | 夜跑的时候他总说这句 |
[1:22:10] | Come on, Enz! Let’s go. | 跟上 恩佐 我们走吧 |
[1:22:11] | But not that night. | 但不是这一晚 |
[1:22:14] | We were together, but alone. | 我们是在一起 但还是一个人 |
[1:22:21] | I began to devise a plan. | 我在设想一个计划 |
[1:22:24] | We’d drive to Zoe’s school one day, | 我们要在某天开车去佐伊的学校 |
[1:22:26] | pick her up unannounced and then head straight for Montreal, | 偷偷地接上她 然后直接开去蒙特利尔 |
[1:22:29] | where they host a Grand Prix every summer. | 那里每年夏天会举办一个国际汽车赛 |
[1:22:37] | Enz? Enzo, stay where you are! Enzo, no! | 恩佐 恩佐 待在那 恩佐 不 |
[1:22:41] | Oh, God! | 天啊 |
[1:22:47] | I… I didn’t see him! | 我没看见他 |
[1:22:48] | It’s not your fault. | 不关你的事 |
[1:22:51] | It was mine. Stupid. | 是我的错 蠢 |
[1:22:53] | Is he okay? | 他怎么样 |
[1:22:54] | He’s still breathing. Um… | 还在呼吸 |
[1:22:56] | I’m so stupid. | 我真是蠢 |
[1:22:57] | Let’s get him in your car. | 把他带上你的车 |
[1:23:01] | Your car goes where your eyes go. How could I forget? | 车随眼动 我怎么会忘呢 |
[1:23:08] | Ayrton Senna did not have to die at Imola. | 埃尔顿 森纳没必要死在伊莫拉的 |
[1:23:11] | That’s what I was thinking on the way to the hospital. | 我去医院的路上一直这么想 |
[1:23:14] | He struck the concrete barrier | 他以每小时90英里的速度撞上了水泥围墙 |
[1:23:16] | at the Tamburello coner at 190 miles an hour. | 在塔姆布雷罗角 |
[1:23:20] | But, by all accounts, he would’ve survived | 但据说 如果不是一小块悬架 |
[1:23:22] | if not for a small piece of suspension | 他就可以活下来 |
[1:23:24] | that managed to penetrate his helmet. | 那东西戳穿了他的头盔 |
[1:23:32] | Straight to the back. | 直接到后面去 |
[1:23:35] | But I know the truth. | 但我知道真相 |
[1:23:38] | Senna died that day because his body had served its purpose. | 森纳死的那天 他的身体已经完成任务 |
[1:23:42] | His soul had learned what it came here to learn. | 他的灵魂学到了该学习的东西 |
[1:23:47] | And I knew that if I had already learned what I was meant to… | 我也知道如果我认识到注定要 |
[1:23:50] | I too would be gone. | 我也会走的 |
[1:23:53] | But apparently, I still had work to do. | 但很明显 我还有事情要做 |
[1:23:55] | Fair amount of internal bleeding. | 大量的体内出血 |
[1:23:58] | Also, some renal damage. | 还有部分肾受损 |
[1:24:00] | He is very lucky. It could have been far worse. | 他非常幸运 不然会更糟的 |
[1:24:03] | I have to be honest with you, Mr. Swift. An old dog like yours, | 老实说 斯威夫特先生 像这样的老狗 |
[1:24:07] | this kind of injury’s often the beginning of the end. | 受这种程度的伤基本是不行了 |
[1:24:19] | X-rays, sedative, pain meds and nighttime emergency fee | X射线 镇静剂 止痛药 夜间急症费 |
[1:24:22] | comes to 812 dollars. | 总共812美元 |
[1:24:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:24:29] | I’m sorry, your card was declined. | 不好意思 你的卡不能用 |
[1:24:31] | Oh. Okay, um, here’s my debit. | 这是我的借记卡 |
[1:24:37] | Uh, it says insufficient funds. Is there a problem? | 说是存款不足 有什么问题吗 |
[1:24:41] | Uh, I deposited my paycheck today, | 我今天刚存了工资 |
[1:24:43] | so it probably just needs to clear. | 可能只是要清算一下 |
[1:24:45] | I do have some cash. I have… I have 300 dollars. | 我有些现金 300 美元 |
[1:24:49] | I can go to the bank first thing in the morning | 我明天一早就去银行 |
[1:24:51] | and… and bring the rest by then. | 然后把剩下的钱带来 |
[1:24:53] | It’s fine. These things happen. Write a receipt for the 300, | 没事 在所难免 写个300美元的收据 |
[1:24:56] | leave a note for Susan to invoice the balance in the morning. | 给苏珊留个条子让她明早开发票 |
[1:24:58] | Actually, do you… | 事实上 |
[1:24:59] | Are you okay if I keepjust 20 of it? | 我可不可以留20美元 |
[1:25:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:25:09] | You ready to go home? Huh, pal? | 你准备回家吗 伙计 |
[1:25:17] | The medication kept me in a near-constant dream state for weeks | 那些药让我几周里不断地做梦 |
[1:25:20] | which I confess came as a relief. | 它们让我如释重负 |
[1:25:28] | Anything to replace that look I’d seen on Denny’s face. | 可以替换丹尼脸上的表情 |
[1:25:32] | It’s not for me to say whether it’s the right decision or not. | 这是否是个好决定 不由我说 |
[1:25:35] | But, for what it’s worth, | 但是 无论如何 |
[1:25:36] | I support you on this a hundred percent. | 我百分之百地支持你 |
[1:25:39] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[1:25:39] | You’re doing what you have to do. | 你该这么做 |
[1:25:42] | Zoe will understand when she’s older. | 佐伊长大的时候会明白的 |
[1:25:43] | The visitation schedule will be as we discussed. | 探视时间和我们讨论的一样 |
[1:25:46] | Plus, three weeks in the summer, | 加上 夏天三周时间 |
[1:25:47] | a week at Christmas, and the April school break. | 圣诞节和四月假期各一周 |
[1:25:50] | But what about the charges? | 但那些指控怎么办 |
[1:25:51] | They’ll be dropped immediately. | 它们会立即被撤销 |
[1:25:52] | Like I said, Denny, we had leverage. | 像我说的 丹尼 我们有优势 |
[1:25:56] | A sharp panic rose in my throat. | 我喉咙里猛然生起一阵惊恐 |
[1:25:58] | I need a pen. | 我需要支笔 |
[1:25:59] | Was I still dreaming? | 我还在做梦吗 |
[1:26:01] | Who was this person, this impostor? | 这家伙是谁 这个冒名顶替的 |
[1:26:04] | What had he done with Denny? | 他把丹尼怎么了 |
[1:26:06] | Sorry. Only one I could find. | 不好意思 只能找到这支 |
[1:26:09] | And then all was revealed. Mmm, it wasn’t Denny. | 然后一切都清楚了 那不是丹尼 |
[1:26:14] | It was the zebra. | 是那只斑马 |
[1:26:16] | I’d been in a position to prevent the demon | 我已经阻止过这个恶魔 |
[1:26:18] | from destroying Zoe’s toys and I’d failed. | 毁掉佐伊的玩具 并且失败了 |
[1:26:22] | I knew I had to stop it, but how? | 我知道得阻止它 但怎么做 |
[1:26:29] | Enzo! Enzo! Give me those papers! | 恩佐 恩佐 把文件给我 |
[1:26:32] | Come here! Enzo! | 过来 恩佐 |
[1:26:33] | Where’d he go? Out the window! | 它要去哪 出了窗户 |
[1:26:36] | Enzo, you give me those papers! | 恩佐 把文件给我 |
[1:26:41] | It’s not funny, Tony. Enzo, drop it! No! | 这不好笑 托尼 恩佐 放下来 别 |
[1:26:45] | I mean, it’s kind of funny. | 这有点好笑 |
[1:26:48] | Hey, hey, okay, you made your point. You made your point. | 好 我懂你的意思了 我明白了 |
[1:27:02] | Call their lawyers. | 给他们的律师打电话 |
[1:27:05] | Tell ’em we’ll see ’em in court. | 说法庭见 |
[1:27:07] | I’m with Enzo on this one. | 这一次我站恩佐 |
[1:27:09] | You’re sure? | 你确定吗 |
[1:27:10] | I made Eve a promise. | 我给伊芙承诺过 |
[1:27:12] | I’m not quitting. | 我不会放弃的 |
[1:27:14] | Man, I got to get me a dog. | 伙计 我也要养条狗 |
[1:27:22] | Denny was prepared to risk everything. | 丹尼准备冒险了 |
[1:27:25] | Lose the case and he would lose Zoe. | 输了案子就输了佐伊 |
[1:27:28] | His breathing that moming struck me as unusual. | 像往常一样我注意到了他那早的呼吸 |
[1:27:32] | Deep inhalations, quick exhalations. | 深吸入 快呼出 |
[1:27:36] | It was a sound I recognized. | 我认出了这个声音 |
[1:27:39] | It was the way he breathed just before a race. | 这是他在比赛前才用的呼吸 |
[1:27:58] | This is it, Enz. | 时候到了 恩佐 |
[1:28:08] | It’s Tony. | 是托尼 |
[1:28:14] | Hey, man. Thanks for coming by. | 伙计 谢谢你能过来 |
[1:28:16] | I would’ve brought him by the shop, | 我本来要带它去宠物店 |
[1:28:18] | but he hasn’t been doing too good lately. | 但它最近的表现不是很好 |
[1:28:20] | Yeah, poor little guy. | 可怜的小子 |
[1:28:21] | Hey Enz, look who’s here. It’s Tony! | 恩佐 看谁来了 是托尼 |
[1:28:22] | Hey Enz, buddy. How you doing? | 恩佐老兄 你怎么样 |
[1:28:25] | – Good luck, Den. – Thanks, man. | -祝你好运 丹 -谢了 兄弟 |
[1:28:32] | You want to watch TV? | 你想看电视吗 |
[1:28:35] | Dogs are not allowed in court, | 狗不允许带上法庭 |
[1:28:37] | so I was forced to imagine what was happening across town. | 所以我只能想象城镇另一边正在发生的事 |
[1:28:41] | I invented whole scenes in my head | 根据丹尼每晚对于事件的复述 |
[1:28:43] | fueled by Denny’s nightly retelling of the day’s events | 我在脑海里构建了一整个场景 |
[1:28:47] | as well as my own admittedly melodramatic sensibility. | 当然也得益于我不可否认的戏精本质 |
[1:28:50] | – Objection, Your Honor! – Perhaps, it was my advanced age | -反对 法官大人 -或许是我老了 |
[1:28:53] | but I found my imagination increasingly prone to wandering. | 但我发现自己的想象力越来越不靠谱 |
[1:28:57] | No, sir, I most definitely did not. | 不是的 先生 我当然没有 |
[1:28:59] | Until… | 直到 |
[1:29:01] | Isn’t it possible at some point | 有没有可能在某一时刻 |
[1:29:03] | you decided to speed up? | 你决定要加速 |
[1:29:06] | Your Honor, I object. Asked and answered. | 法官大人 反对 我已经回答过了 |
[1:29:13] | You don’t even remember killing… | 你都不记得谋杀了 |
[1:29:14] | I’m on my way. | 我马上到 |
[1:29:17] | Something’s happened, bud. You want to come? | 发生了些事 伙计 你想一起去吗 |
[1:29:21] | What’s going on, Den? | 怎么了 丹 |
[1:29:23] | With some effort, I was able to decipher what had happened. | 费了点脑筋 我搞清了事情发生的原委 |
[1:29:26] | So help me God. | 愿上帝保佑 |
[1:29:28] | Today was the day Trish had testified. | 今天是崔西作证的日子 |
[1:29:31] | Can you please tell the court about the alleged assault? | 你能否向法庭解释这项人身侵犯指控 |
[1:29:34] | It happened the way my husband said it did. | 确实是像我丈夫说的那样 |
[1:29:36] | So, you personally witnessed Denny Swift | 所以 你亲眼目睹了丹尼·斯威夫特 |
[1:29:39] | throw your husband, a man 20 years his senior, to the ground | 把你的丈夫 年长他20岁的老人推倒 |
[1:29:42] | fracturing a rib and very nearly his wrist? | 造成了肋骨和手腕处骨折 |
[1:29:45] | – Yes. – Thank you. | -是的 -谢谢 |
[1:29:47] | No further questions. | 没有更多问题了 |
[1:29:52] | You can step down now. | 你可以下来了 |
[1:29:53] | I’m going to suggest that we take a brief recess here | 我建议进行短暂的休庭 |
[1:29:56] | while I review all of the testimony and materials. | 我要审核所有的证词和材料 |
[1:29:59] | I… I… I can’t. | 我 我不能 |
[1:30:05] | – Excuse me? – I can’t! | -抱歉没听清 -我不能 |
[1:30:08] | I… I can’t do this. I… I thought I could, but I… I just… | 我不能这样做 我 我以为我可以 但是我 |
[1:30:14] | I didn’t see anything. I’m only saying what you told me to say. | 我没看到任何事 我只是按照你说的做 |
[1:30:19] | I’m sorry, but I can’t do this anymore. | 很抱歉 但是我不能继续了 |
[1:30:21] | I know that Denny loved Eve too much to ever hurt her father. | 丹尼深爱Eve 他不可能伤害她的父亲 |
[1:30:25] | Objection. The witness is clearly speculating. | 反对 证人明显是在臆测 |
[1:30:27] | It’s your witness, counselor. | 律师 这可是你的证人 |
[1:30:35] | They dropped the charges. | 他们撤诉了 |
[1:30:37] | All of it. Tossed out. | 所有指控 一笔勾销 |
[1:30:39] | You did it, Denny. It’s over, man. | 你赢了丹尼 都结束了 |
[1:30:44] | He’d done it. Denny’s risk had paid off. | 他做到了 丹尼冒的险得到了回报 |
[1:30:49] | If a driver has the courage to create his own conditions… | 如果一个车手勇敢到给自己制造挑战 |
[1:30:52] | then the rain is simply rain. | 下雨也不过就是个天气 |
[1:31:04] | Daddy! | 爸爸 |
[1:31:07] | – I missed you. – Oh, I missed you. | -我想你了 -我也好想你 |
[1:31:11] | Zoe was ours again. | 佐伊又是我们的了 |
[1:31:14] | Denny had won her back, and it was a victory for the ages. | 丹尼赢回了她 那是一场世纪性胜利 |
[1:31:30] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:31:31] | Denny, this is Luca Pantoni returning your call. | 丹尼 我是卢卡 Pantoni 来回你电话了 |
[1:31:34] | Luca, yes, hi. Thank you for calling me back. | 卢卡 是我 你好 谢谢你打回来 |
[1:31:38] | I… I wanted to let you know | 我想告诉你 |
[1:31:41] | that the issues keeping me in the States | 那件让我无法出国的麻烦事 |
[1:31:43] | have been resolved. | 已经解决了 |
[1:31:44] | I could just picture him | 我都能想象到 |
[1:31:45] | on the terrace of some magnificent villa. | 他站在一栋大别墅的阳台上 |
[1:31:48] | I can tell by your voice | 从你的声音里能听出 |
[1:31:49] | – they were resolved to your satisfaction. – Yes, sir. | -事情解决得很顺利 -没错 先生 |
[1:31:52] | And I… I was wondering if the job | 我 我在想 |
[1:31:54] | that you’d offered me earlier, | 您之前想聘用我的那份工作 |
[1:31:56] | – if that was still available? – It is. | -还是我的吗 -是的 |
[1:31:59] | Then my daughter and I, and our dog Enzo, | 那么我和我女儿 还有我们的狗恩佐 |
[1:32:03] | would very much like to join you in Maranello. | 非常乐意去马拉内罗加入你们 |
[1:32:06] | Your dog’s name is Enzo? | 你的狗叫恩佐 |
[1:32:08] | Yeah, he’s a race car driver at heart. | 是的 他是个天生的赛车手 |
[1:32:10] | Okay, I will have my assistant make all the arrangements. | 我会让助理安排好一切 |
[1:32:14] | Welcome to Ferrari. | 欢迎来到法拉利 |
[1:32:16] | We will talk again soon, Denny. | 下次再聊 丹尼 |
[1:32:18] | Ciao. | 再见 |
[1:32:29] | What is it, Zoe? | 是什么呀 佐伊 |
[1:32:32] | This is a great party, look at these gifts, it’s great. | 这个聚会真棒 看看这些礼物 真好 |
[1:32:34] | – Nice cake, Denny. – So cute. | -蛋糕不错 丹尼 -好可爱 |
[1:32:35] | “Wishing for you a fairy tale birthday.” | 祝你有个童话般的生日 |
[1:32:39] | What’d you get? | 收到什么了 |
[1:32:41] | – Daddy, look! – Oh, cool. | -爸 你看 -真酷 |
[1:32:46] | I don’t… | 我不是 |
[1:32:49] | If you want me to go, I could… | 如果你想让我离开 我可以 |
[1:33:01] | – Grandma! – Hi, sweetheart. | -奶奶 -我的宝贝 |
[1:33:03] | I might not have been as forgiving. | 我可不会这么轻易原谅 |
[1:33:06] | But Denny had Zoe to think about. | 但是丹尼要为佐伊着想 |
[1:33:13] | I’d often heard the expression “To be the better man.” | 我经常听人说 要做更好的人 |
[1:33:17] | Grandpa! | 爷爷 |
[1:33:18] | Well, I knew no better man than Denny. | 不过我不认识比丹尼更好的人了 |
[1:33:21] | Big number nine. | 九岁是个大日子 |
[1:33:25] | All right. | 好了 |
[1:33:27] | – You ready? – Ready, steady | -准备好了吗 -各就各位 预备 |
[1:33:30] | Go | 出发 |
[1:33:33] | – Happy birthday. – Thanks, Daddy. | -生日快乐 -谢谢爸爸 |
[1:33:36] | – Okay, who wants cake? – Me! | -谁要吃蛋糕 -我 |
[1:33:39] | Grandma, will you help me with this? | 奶奶能不能帮我一下 |
[1:33:40] | Okay, grab a knife from the kitchen, please. | 从厨房拿把刀过来 |
[1:33:42] | Sometimes my life seems like it has been so long | 有时我的一生看起来已经过了很久 |
[1:33:45] | and so short at the same time. | 同时又如此短暂 |
[1:33:49] | I feel as if I’ve lived for an eternity. | 我觉得自己好像活了几辈子 |
[1:33:53] | Enz Yo, Enz! | |
[1:33:54] | And yet it’s as if no time has passed at all. | 但似乎又像是时光从未流逝一般 |
[1:33:59] | Enzo? | 恩佐 |
[1:34:00] | I hear the worry in his voice. | 我听出了他的担忧 |
[1:34:03] | What happened, pal? | 发生了什么 老伙计 |
[1:34:08] | – Oh, Enz. – I can smell the day on him. | -恩佐 -我能闻出他这一天所经历的 |
[1:34:11] | Motor oil and gasoline and roast chicken. | 机油 汽油和烤鸡 |
[1:34:15] | Can you get up, bud? | 你能站起来吗 兄弟 |
[1:34:18] | I saw a documentary about Mongolia on TV once. | 我在电视上看过一部有关蒙古的纪录片 |
[1:34:24] | In Mongolia, when a dog dies, | 在蒙古 一条狗死之后 |
[1:34:26] | he is buried high in the hills, | 他会被埋在高高的山顶 |
[1:34:28] | so people cannot walk on his grave. | 所以没有人会践踏他的坟墓 |
[1:34:30] | I’m here, buddy. I’m right here. | 老兄 我在这 我就在这陪你 |
[1:34:32] | His master whispers into the dog’s ears | 主人会在狗的耳边轻声许愿 |
[1:34:35] | his wishes that in his next life the dog will return as a man. | 希望他的狗在来生可以转世为人 |
[1:34:41] | Not all dogs return as men, they say. | 他们说 不是所有狗都能转世 |
[1:34:44] | Only those who are ready. | 只有那些准备好了的才行 |
[1:34:46] | Let’s get you up. | 我帮你起来 |
[1:34:48] | I am ready. | 我准备好了 |
[1:34:55] | I know death is not the end. Eve told me so. | 我知道死亡不是终点 Eve告诉过我 |
[1:35:00] | And I believe her. | 我也相信她 |
[1:35:04] | When I return to this world, I will practically be an adult | 当我回到这世界上 被人从子宫拽出来时 |
[1:35:07] | the moment I am plucked from the womb | 我估计已经是个成年人了 |
[1:35:08] | with all the preparation I have done. | 毕竟我都准备这么久了 |
[1:35:12] | – There he is. – I will walk among my fellow men, | -你在这儿呢 -我会走在人群中 |
[1:35:15] | lick my lips with my small dexterous tongue | 用我小巧的舌头舔着嘴唇 |
[1:35:18] | and shake hands with a firm grasp. | 用力地去握手 |
[1:35:20] | There’s my Enzo. | 我的恩佐 |
[1:35:21] | And I will teach people all that I know. | 然后我会教给人们我所知道的一切 |
[1:35:24] | All that I have learned. | 我所学到的一切 |
[1:35:36] | – You okay now? – I’m fine, Denny. I am | -好点了吗 -我很好 丹尼 |
[1:35:40] | You’ve always been with me. | 你一直都陪伴着我 |
[1:35:43] | You’ve always been my Enzo. | 你一直都会是我的恩佐 |
[1:35:47] | First time I saw you, I knew we were supposed to be together. | 第一次见面 我就知道我们注定在一起 |
[1:35:56] | I love you, boy. | 我爱你 |
[1:36:13] | – What are you doing here? – I thought we’d go to the track. | -你怎么在这 -我想咱们可以一起去赛道 |
[1:36:16] | ‘Cause I have a surprise for Enzo. | 我有个惊喜给恩佐 |
[1:36:30] | Thanks for arranging this, Don. | 谢谢你的安排 唐 |
[1:36:32] | We won’t be out long. | 我们不会占用太久 |
[1:36:33] | Take your time. Track’s all yours. | 慢慢来 跑道都是你的 |
[1:36:35] | – Have fun. – Thank you, sweetheart. | -玩得开心 -谢谢你 宝贝 |
[1:36:40] | Not too tight? | 没有太紧吧 |
[1:36:42] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[1:36:44] | All right. | 很好 |
[1:36:45] | Drivers, start your engines. | 车手们 发动引擎 |
[1:36:58] | I have never ever felt so special. | 我从来都没觉得自己如此特殊 |
[1:37:03] | You did it, man. | 你成功了 老兄 |
[1:37:12] | Brakes are warm, tires are warm. | 刹车热了 轮胎也热了 |
[1:37:15] | What do you say we try a hot lap, huh? | 我们来一圈激烈的怎么样 |
[1:37:23] | I’d like to stay out here forever. | 我真想一直待在这里 |
[1:37:31] | Stay with them forever. | 永远陪伴着他们 |
[1:37:41] | We’re gonna take this one at speed. You okay? | 我们这一圈要加速了 你没意见吧 |
[1:37:49] | I wish I could glimpse what awaits them in Maranello. | 我想看一眼他们在马拉内罗的生活 |
[1:37:54] | Denny will be a wonderful driver for Ferrari. | 丹尼会成为一名优秀的法拉利车手 |
[1:37:58] | So wonderful that one day they will pluck him from the ranks | 优秀到有一天他们会把他从排位上拿下 |
[1:38:00] | to give him a tryout for their Formula One team. | 给他一次加入F1队伍的机会 |
[1:38:04] | “Try me,” he’ll say. I’d like to see that. | 他会说 走着瞧吧 我多想看到那一天 |
[1:38:09] | Enzo! | 恩佐 |
[1:38:11] | But we can’t have everything we want. | 但是我们不可能得到全部想要的 |
[1:38:14] | Besides, the best drivers don’t dwell on the future or the past. | 况且 好的车手不会沉溺于过往或将来 |
[1:38:20] | The best drivers focus only on the present. | 最好的车手只着眼于当下 |
[1:38:26] | You’ve been a good friend. | 你一直都是我的好伙伴 |
[1:38:29] | A very good friend! | 非常非常好的伙伴 |
[1:38:32] | The best of friends. | 最好的伙伴 |
[1:38:35] | Come here. | 过来 |
[1:38:40] | We’ll be heading home soon. | 我们马上就会回家了 |
[1:38:44] | But for now, all I want is one more lap. | 但此时此刻 我只想再来一圈 |
[1:38:47] | Just one more. | 就一圈 |
[1:38:51] | I’ll bark again so he knows. | 我要叫几声让他知道 |
[1:39:06] | Faster, Denny. Faster! | 快点 丹尼 再快点 |
[1:39:17] | 八年后 Mugello 意大利 | |
[1:39:51] | Dad! | 爸 |
[1:39:55] | There’s some people who want to meet you. | 有人想见见你 |
[1:39:57] | Come on, they’re big fans. | 来吧 他们可是铁粉 |
[1:39:59] | I think you’d really like them. | 我相信你会很喜欢他们 |
[1:40:00] | You’re the boss. | 你说了算 |
[1:40:04] | We are your biggest fans. | 我们是你忠实的车迷 |
[1:40:06] | Your daughter said that you would not mind. | 你女儿说你不会介意的 |
[1:40:08] | No, of course not. | 当然不会 |
[1:40:09] | My son, he talks about you always. | 我的儿子经常提起你 |
[1:40:12] | He races the go-carts. He’s very good. | 他参加微型赛车比赛 他很出色 |
[1:40:16] | Bene. Va bene. | 好 很好 |
[1:40:17] | – Could you please sign the program? – Sure. | -可以麻烦你在画册上签名吗 -没问题 |
[1:40:20] | We are going to watch the race from the infield tomorrow. | 我们明天会在内场看比赛 |
[1:40:24] | Come ti chiami? | 你叫什么名字 |
[1:40:26] | Enzo. | 恩佐 |
[1:40:29] | Enzo? | 恩佐 |
[1:40:32] | My name is Enzo. | 我叫恩佐 |
[1:40:35] | He wants to be a champion. Like you. | 他想成为冠军 像你一样 |
[1:40:40] | Mi scusi. | 对不起 |
[1:40:42] | Your son reminds me of an old friend of mine. | 你儿子让我想起了一位老朋友 |
[1:40:50] | My phone number in Maranello. | 我在马拉内罗的电话 |
[1:40:53] | When you think your son is ready, give me a call. | 当你觉得他准备好了 打给我 |
[1:40:56] | I’ll make sure he gets proper instruction. | 我保证他会得到专业的指导 |
[1:40:58] | Grazie. He… he talks about you always. | 谢谢 他 他无时无刻不在谈论你 |
[1:41:00] | He says that you are the greatest driver ever. | 他说你是史上最好的车手 |
[1:41:03] | Better even than Senna. | 比塞纳还要出色 |
[1:41:03] | 埃尔顿·塞纳 三届F1世界冠军得主 被称为车神塞纳 | |
[1:41:06] | Well, he’s a racecar driver at heart. | 他天生就是个赛车手 |
[1:41:08] | – Graziel! Grazie millet! – Graziel | -谢谢你 万分感谢 -谢谢 |
[1:41:11] | Prego. | 不客气 |
[1:41:26] | Come on. | 走吧 |