时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:49] | They say as soon as you have to cut down on your drinking | 据说当你不得不减少饮酒量的时候 |
[00:52] | You have a drinking problem. | 你就已经存在酗酒问题了 |
[00:57] | My mind is a jumble. | 我现在意乱如麻 |
[00:59] | I can’t organize my thoughts | 无法理顺自己的想法 |
[01:02] | And typing feels like work. | 打字变得像沉重的工作一样 |
[01:06] | I’ve never written more than 250 words, | 我从没写过超过250个单词的文章 |
[01:09] | Not even in high school– | 即使是在高中 |
[01:11] | Five paragraphs, 50 words apiece. | 5个自然段 每段50字 |
[01:14] | God, I was lazy. | 天呐 我太懒了 |
[01:17] | I should’ve finished high school. | 我真该念完高中 |
[01:19] | Everything could have been different. | 那样的话 一切或许都会不一样了 |
[01:36] | Are you okay, sir? | 您没事吧 先生 |
[02:31] | Summer’s coming. | 夏天日益临近 |
[02:33] | I smelled it. | 我闻到了夏之气息 |
[02:35] | I kind of thought I smelled corn, which is impossible. | 我似乎闻到玉米的清香 虽然我知道那是不可能的 |
[02:39] | There it was again. | 然后那气息再次袭来 |
[02:42] | Perfume. | 是香水 |
[02:58] | Morning, Miss Blankenship. | 早上好 布兰肯希普小姐 |
[03:00] | How was your surgery? | 手术还顺利吗 |
[03:02] | It was a nightmare– | 真是恐怖的经历 |
[03:03] | The ether and the blindness– | 打了麻醉剂 而且看不见任何东西 |
[03:05] | And then I got the goggles. | 还有这幅护目镜 |
[03:07] | So everything’s good? | 现在没事了吧 |
[03:08] | I’ll tell you– I was blind | 这么说吧 之前短暂失明 |
[03:10] | – and now I see. – well, good. | -现在又复明了 -那就好 |
[03:13] | – if you need more time– – I’m fine, Roger. | -如果你还需要一段时间恢复 -我没问题 罗杰 |
[03:17] | I’m kidding around here. | 开个小玩笑嘛 |
[03:19] | My book’s at home. | 我的电话本落在家里了 |
[03:21] | Can you give me the number for a Bethany Van Nuys? | 能帮我接通贝瑟妮·范·奈丝吗 |
[03:29] | May– maybe lift it up and drop it down. | 试试先举起来然后摔下来 |
[03:32] | I’m stronger than you, but I’m not that strong. | 我是比你壮一点 但也没壮到那个程度 |
[03:35] | stop stop. | 停手 |
[03:36] | – he’s right. – I feel like Margaret Mead. | -他说的没错 -我感觉自己就像是玛格丽特·梅德 |
[03:39] | You know what, Harry? I think this is a show. | 哈里 我觉得这是一场大力士表演秀 |
[03:41] | okay, we’re gonna do it. | 好了来吧 咱们试试 |
[03:43] | Harry, get out of the way. | 哈里 闪开 |
[03:52] | What is going on out here? | 你们干什么呢 |
[03:54] | I’ll be honest, I don’t know. | 老实说 我也不知道 |
[03:55] | I got blockaded on my way back from the men’s room. | 我上完厕所回来就被堵在这了 |
[03:57] | Thank you, gentlemen. | 多谢了 先生们 |
[03:59] | – everyone back to work. – it took my watch. | -都回去工作 -我手表被卡在里面了 |
[04:02] | – what? – Ken was buying a clark bar… | -什么 -肯原想买根巧克力棒 |
[04:05] | But it ate my change, | 结果它吞了我的零钱 |
[04:06] | and since Danny’s not here, we went to Peggy. | 而且丹尼不在这 我们只能去找佩奇 |
[04:08] | But it turns out Joey’s got the smallest hands. | 结果却发现 乔伊的手最小 |
[04:09] | No, I said I had done it before. | 不对 我是说我以前这样干过 |
[04:11] | Why don’t you put another dime in the machine | 你干嘛不再放一毛钱进去 |
[04:13] | – and pull again? – do you really think we didn’t try that? | -然后再拉 -你真以为我们没这么试过吗 |
[04:15] | – this thing is a bandit. – yeah. | -这东西根本就是个强盗 -没错 |
[04:16] | Cut it out! | 够了 |
[04:18] | Don’t make me come out here again. | 别逼我再出来一次 |
[04:20] | Sorry, mom. | 对不起 事妈 |
[04:22] | Pardon? | 你说什么 |
[04:23] | Okay. Hey, it’s over. | 好了 都歇歇吧 |
[04:25] | I’m trying to get my watch. What am I supposed to do? | 我想拿回我的手表 你想我怎么做 |
[04:26] | Call the complaint number. Have an adult solve this problem. | 打投诉电话 找个专家帮你解决 |
[04:29] | What is going on out here? | 你们干什么呢 |
[04:31] | I was in the midst of an extremely important telephone call. | 我正在打一个很重要的电话 |
[04:33] | joan was just handing out demerits. | 琼在数落我们 |
[04:37] | Joey, in my office. | 乔伊 到我办公室来 |
[04:39] | Go easy on him. | 对他温柔点哦 |
[04:40] | A private spanking– just like my dream. | 单独训话 我梦想成真了 |
[04:43] | When did we get a vending machine? | 我们什么时候有自动售货机了 |
[04:49] | I know you’re a freelancer | 我知道你是个自由工作者 |
[04:50] | and you spend time in other offices, | 也同时为其他公司工作 |
[04:51] | But you should know this behavior is not tolerated here. | 但你必须明白 本公司绝不允许这种行为 |
[04:54] | – yes, ma’am. – I should let you know | -知道了 女士 -你要明白 |
[04:56] | There’s a problem now between us. | 我们之间可能有一点小问题了 |
[04:58] | Why are you always on my case? | 你为何总找我麻烦 |
[04:59] | Because you are particularly disrespectful. | 因为你特别无礼 |
[05:01] | No, I’m not. Stan’s worse. | 怎么可能 斯坦比我更恶劣 |
[05:05] | Maybe he’s better at his job. | 可他工作能力也更强 |
[05:09] | I’m glad you’re amused. | 你居然还觉得好笑 |
[05:11] | You’re so arrogant. | 你太狂妄了 |
[05:13] | Me? What do you do around here | 我? 你在这儿又干了什么 |
[05:15] | Besides walking around like you’re trying to get raped? | 不过是来回晃荡 像等着被人扒光一样 |
[05:18] | Excuse me? | 你再说一遍 |
[05:19] | I’m not some young girl off the bus. | 我不是初来乍到的无知少女 |
[05:21] | I don’t need some madam from a shanghai whorehouse to show me the ropes. | 我不需要上海滩的老鸨教我接客的规矩 |
[05:31] | Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know you were in here. | 抱歉 我不知道你在这 |
[05:32] | Where the hell else would I be? This is my office. | 那我应该在哪 这是我的办公室 |
[05:35] | And you all better stop cutting through here. | 你们最好别再从这抄近路了 |
[05:37] | It’s not a thoroughfare. | 这里可不是过道 |
[05:39] | Take the extra steps. You could use them. | 多走几步 吃不了亏 |
[05:42] | You’re right. | 你说的很对 |
[05:45] | Go ahead. I’m leaving anyway. | 随便吧 反正我也要走了 |
[05:49] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[06:05] | Oh, Miss Blankenship, good to see you. | 布兰肯希普小姐 能见到你真好 |
[06:07] | I mean, nice to see you. I mean, welcome back. | 不是 很高兴见到你 我是说 欢迎你回来 |
[06:10] | – let me help you with those. – finally, someone offers. | -让我帮你一下吧 -终于有人肯帮我了 |
[06:14] | I told you I can see with the glasses. | 我就说我戴上眼镜视力就如常了 |
[06:18] | – I’m out of cigarettes. – I’ve got your liquor. | -烟抽完了 -酒拿来了 |
[06:21] | I only have two hands. | 我只有两只手 |
[06:24] | – I’m set. – and then you’re not. | -我不缺酒 -很快就会缺的 |
[06:28] | Take those back to the storeroom, | 把这些拿回储藏室去 |
[06:29] | And while you’re there get me some cigarettes. | 再给我拿些烟回来 |
[06:32] | Your wife called earlier. | 您太太早些时候打电话来了 |
[06:33] | – she’s not my wife. – Mrs. Francis said to remind you | -她不是我太太 -弗朗西斯太太说 |
[06:37] | That you can’t have the kids this weekend. It’s very complicated. | 这周您不能去接孩子 原因很复杂 |
[06:40] | It’s Bobby’s birthday party sunday. | 周日要给博比举办生日派对 |
[06:42] | It’s Gene’s birthday. | 是吉恩的生日 |
[06:43] | Did you want me to buy him or her a gift? | 你想让我给您的儿子或女儿买件礼物吗 |
[06:47] | No. | 不用了 |
[07:09] | What a pleasant surprise. | 好一个惊喜 |
[07:26] | You don’t mind that I’m home early, do you? | 你就不好奇我为何这么早回来吗 |
[07:28] | You said you didn’t want watch me pack. | 你说你不想看我收拾行李 |
[07:30] | You don’t even want to say goodbye. | 也不想与我道别 |
[07:33] | I don’t. | 我是不想 |
[07:35] | Joanie, it’s basic training. I’ll be back. | 小琼 这只是基本训练 我会回来的 |
[07:39] | You said they use live ammunition. | 你说他们用的是实弹 |
[07:44] | Come on. Come in here. | 来 进来 |
[07:55] | Greg, that doesn’t make everything better. | 格雷格 这并不能让我好受一些 |
[07:57] | – it makes it worse. – it’s eight weeks. | -反而让我更难受 -只有八周 |
[08:00] | I’m gonna come back in uniform. | 八周以后我就穿着军装回来了 |
[08:02] | You know you’ll like that. | 你知道你是多么喜欢军装 |
[08:05] | What am I gonna do? Who am I gonna talk to? | 我该怎么办 我寂寞的时候都没人陪我说话 |
[08:09] | Well, you’ll talk to your friends at work. | 你可以找公司同事陪你说话 |
[08:23] | Is this the way you want to spend this time, crying? | 离别前的短暂相依 你就打算用哭泣来度过吗 |
[08:36] | – I can’t. – mmm, sure you can. | -现在不行 -当然可以 |
[08:39] | Just pretend we’re in some midtown hotel | 就当我们是在一家豪华的酒店里 |
[08:43] | And we both snuck away for the afternoon. | 翘了班来共度愉悦的午后时光 |
[09:10] | More and more every day about Vietnam. | 关于越南战事的新闻一日多过一日 |
[09:13] | I hope it’s not another korea. | 我希望这不是朝鲜战争的重演 |
[09:17] | I sound like a little girl, | 我就像个小姑娘一样 |
[09:18] | Writing down what happened today. | 记录着每天的一点一滴 |
[09:24] | Sunday is Gene’s birthday party. | 周日是吉恩的生日派对 |
[09:27] | I know I can’t go. | 我知道我不能去 |
[09:30] | I keep thinking about him. | 我常常想起他 |
[09:33] | He was conceived in a moment of desperation | 贝蒂怀他的时候 我们的婚姻问题重重 |
[09:36] | And born into a mess. | 他出生时 事情更是一团糟 |
[09:54] | At least there are things I’d like to do | 至少还有一些事我非常想去做 |
[09:57] | One, | 第一 |
[09:59] | Climb mount Kilimanjaro– | 去爬乞力马扎罗山 |
[10:01] | Go anywhere in Africa, actually; | 或者去非洲的任何地方都可以 |
[10:04] | Two, gain a modicum of control over the way I feel. | 第二 控制自己的感觉 |
[10:11] | I want to wake up | 我想清醒过来 |
[10:14] | I don’t want to be that man. | 我不想再继续消沉 |
[10:22] | Could you get that to el jefe? | 把这杯递给老大 |
[10:27] | So Mountain Dew– everything kind of fell apart there. | 激浪那边 事情有点不顺 |
[10:30] | They don’t like the work. | 他们不喜欢我们的作品 |
[10:32] | Too bad. | 那太糟糕了 |
[10:33] | Well, somebody showed a couple of bottlers the work | 有人把我们的广告作品拿去给装瓶公司看了 |
[10:36] | And they don’t like witches brewing things. | 他们不太喜欢女巫那个创意 |
[10:38] | They don’t like the occult in general. | 他们不喜欢将神秘事物作为广告噱头 |
[10:40] | And you told them it’s their hillbilly working a still? | 然后你告诉他们 原来的乡巴佬广告依然有市场效应吗 |
[10:43] | I did, but the fact remains | 我说了 但事实是 |
[10:45] | That in the world of sodie pop | 在汽水界里 |
[10:47] | Pepsi is the tail and the bottlers are the dog. | 百事一方独大 影响力足以撼动全局 |
[10:49] | They just want us to change the drawing. | 他们要求我们务必更改广告图案 |
[10:52] | Except it’s damaged goods. | 除了那些次品 |
[10:54] | They’re never gonna want to see that board again. | 他们应该不会再想看到之前的广告作品了 |
[10:56] | – Start over. – I did it with Joey. | -重做吧 -我之前和乔伊一起做的 |
[10:58] | Do you want Stan to take over? | 你想要斯坦来接手吗 |
[11:00] | You’re spreading me awful thin. | 我已经忙得抽不开身了 |
[11:02] | Do you want me to tell Joan to figure it out? | 要我去叫琼来想办法解决这个问题吗 |
[11:04] | “it”? You don’t even know what “it” is. | “这个问题”? 你都不知道问题出在哪儿 |
[11:08] | Miss Blankenship, get Joan in here. | 布兰肯希普女士 叫琼过来 |
[11:10] | She startles when you do that. | 你这么大声会吓到她的 |
[11:14] | I had an uncle who was blind. | 我有个叔叔也是瞎子 |
[11:16] | She’s not blind. She’s recovering from cataract surgery. | 她没瞎 只是还在白内障手术的康复期 |
[11:55] | What can I do for you? | 请问有何贵干 |
[11:56] | A redo on Mountain Dew. | 我们要重做激浪的广告 |
[11:58] | I want to make Joey full time for a couple of weeks. | 我想让乔伊做为全职员工上几个星期的班 |
[12:01] | I’d have to double-check on his availability, | 我得去问问他有没有其他安排 |
[12:04] | But are you sure he’s the right fit? | 你确定他是合适的人选吗 |
[12:06] | – He did the first round. – And we’re redoing it. | -第一次就是他做的 -结果现在要重做 |
[12:09] | It’s more complicated than that. | 事情有点复杂 |
[12:13] | Well, this may not be the time or the place to bring this up but… | 那个 现在说这个也许有点不合适 但是 |
[12:17] | – What now? – I’ve been hearing complaints about him. | -又怎么了 -我收到不少对他的投诉 |
[12:20] | – Really? – He’s not a gentleman with the girls. | -真的吗 -他对女生不太尊重 |
[12:25] | Okay. One juicy story? | 怎么个不尊重法 说来听听 |
[12:27] | I’ll protect those concerned | 我得保护投诉人的隐私 |
[12:29] | But it involves an extremely blue joke. | 我只能说 他乱开下流玩笑 |
[12:31] | – When? – It doesn’t matter. | -什么时候的事 -这有关系吗 |
[12:34] | Fine, you can tell it to me later. | 好吧 我们一会儿再谈 |
[12:36] | Boys will be boys | 他总归是个男人嘛 |
[12:37] | Of course, | 当然 |
[12:38] | But I’m going to call in other books. There’s too much to do. | 我先去忙别的 事情太多了 |
[12:44] | I know the joke. This guy’s balls are so big | 我知道那玩笑 那孩子简直色胆包天 |
[12:47] | – Are we done? – Sure. | -我们能走了吗 -走吧 |
[12:55] | Can you tell Ray Charles to come in here and clean this up? | 能叫雷·查尔斯进来把这里清理一下吗 |
[13:01] | And as soon as you get to hollywood, | 一旦你真正踏足好莱坞 |
[13:02] | You find out that that myth is– | 你就会发现一炮走红并非是神话 |
[13:05] | Well, it had some truth to it. | 而是有事实根据的 |
[13:06] | There is instant fame. | 一夜成名的确存在 |
[13:08] | What’s this have to do with “Peyton Place”? | 这和《冷暖人间》有什么关系 |
[13:10] | Well, we went down to the set | 我们去现场探班的时候 |
[13:12] | And Ryan was doing this scene against another rival– | 莱恩正在和一个人对戏 |
[13:14] | I can’t tell you who– and the guy was awful. | 我不能说是谁 但那人烂极了 |
[13:17] | I start to hear him talk about a young fresh face, | 我听到他说想启用新人 |
[13:19] | Wholesome but a little mischievous. | 风度翩翩 但又要诙谐风趣 |
[13:22] | Am I crazy? | 我疯了吗 |
[13:24] | I don’t understand. You want to be an actor? | 我没听懂 你想当演员吗 |
[13:26] | Does that sound like me? That’s you. | 我像是在说我自己吗 我是在说你 |
[13:28] | You could do it. | 你可以成名的 |
[13:29] | I know the right people– maybe not the big screen, | 我有一些门路 想当电影明星可能有点困难 |
[13:31] | But the small screen definitely. | 但去拍电视剧绝对没问题 |
[13:34] | I’m kind of down to earth. | 我向来讨厌不切实际的幻想 |
[13:36] | You’re so handsome. I showed them a picture. | 你很帅 我给他们看了你的照片 |
[13:40] | How’d you get a picture? | 你怎么会有我的照片 |
[13:41] | I sent one of those polaroids from the | 我把上次圣诞派对的照片 |
[13:42] | christmas party to Bernie Kowalski. | 寄了几张给伯尼·克劳斯基 |
[13:45] | Mr. Crane, I hate to interrupt you, | 克雷恩先生 很抱歉打扰你 |
[13:47] | But I have Peggy Olson out here looking for Mr. Baird. | 但佩奇·奥尔森要找贝尔德先生 |
[13:52] | Well, thank you for thinking of me. | 好吧 谢谢你替我着想 |
[13:54] | You’re too modest, you know that? | 你太谦虚了 知道吗 |
[14:00] | What were you doing in there? | 你在里面干嘛 |
[14:01] | Everyplace I’ve worked | 我每到一个地方工作 |
[14:02] | there’s always some old fairy who comes onto me, | 总会有些奇怪的人找上我 |
[14:04] | but that was the weirdest by far. | 但目前为止这个最扯淡 |
[14:05] | Yes, everybody wants you, Joey. | 是啊 大家都喜欢你 乔伊 |
[14:07] | – It happens a lot. – What did you do to Joan? | -习惯了 -你对琼做了什么 |
[14:10] | – I told her off. – Well, you shouldn’t have. | -我让她少管我 -你不该这么说的 |
[14:12] | She’s important around here. | 她可是这里的大人物 |
[14:14] | Let me tell you something about the big ragu. | 我清楚明白地告诉你 |
[14:16] | We’re creative and she’s an overblown secretary. | 我们是创意人员 她只是个过气的女秘书 |
[14:20] | Fine, don’t listen to me. | 行 你不听拉倒 |
[14:21] | There’s a Joan in every company. | 每个公司都有个琼这样的人 |
[14:23] | My mother was a Joan, | 我妈就和她一样 |
[14:25] | Always telling everybody what to do. | 总是告诉别人该干什么不该干什么 |
[14:27] | She even wore a pen around her neck | 她甚至在脖子上挂了根笔 |
[14:28] | so people would stare at her tits. | 好让人们注意到她的胸部 |
[14:30] | She’s not your mother | 她不是你母亲 |
[14:31] | and she and Lane basically run this place. | 而且公司基本上由她和莱恩在打理 |
[14:34] | Okay, message received. | 好吧 我知道了 |
[14:38] | Ugh, is it time to go yet? | 我能走了吗 |
[14:48] | Glad you could make it. | 很高兴你能来 |
[14:50] | Well, we were on our way to the theater anyway. | 我们早打算去剧院 正好今天顺道过来 |
[14:53] | Ralph Stuben, this is my wife Betty. | 这位是拉尔夫·斯特本 这是我妻子贝蒂 |
[14:56] | – Pleased to meet you. – I hope you don’t mind. | -很高兴认识你 -希望你别介意 |
[14:58] | The congressman wanted me to do this immediately | 议员先生迫不及待地想和我商谈公事 |
[15:00] | And he didn’t want me to do it over the phone. | 而且强烈要求当面谈 |
[15:02] | She doesn’t mind | 她不会介意的 |
[15:04] | And she’s very discreet. | 而且她是个很谨慎的女人 |
[15:06] | That’s the curse of a political wife– | 这就是当一个政客夫人的宿命 |
[15:08] | That and having to eat dinner with a lot of people you don’t know. | 不得不和一堆陌生人一起用餐 |
[15:11] | Betty’s no stranger to public service. | 贝蒂很擅长应对社交场合 |
[15:13] | So what show did you see? | 你们看了什么表演 |
[15:15] | Why don’t we get a drink at the bar? | 我们先去喝一杯吧 |
[15:20] | It’ll only be a minute. | 恐怕还得稍等一会儿 |
[15:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:30] | So are you a Felix or an Oscar? | 你比较像菲利克斯还是奥斯卡 |
[15:34] | Like most men I’d rather be an Oscar, | 和大多数男人一样 我也想当奥斯卡 |
[15:36] | but I’m probably a Felix. | 但我其实更像菲利克斯 |
[15:40] | Every date feels like a first date with you. | 每次和你约会都像第一次一样 |
[15:43] | Is that good or bad? | 这是好事还是坏事啊 |
[15:45] | It’s just I know you must be seeing someone else. | 我知道你肯定同时在和别人交往 |
[15:47] | And don’t say no, because it’ll just hurt me more. | 别否认 那样我只会更伤心 |
[15:51] | Look, I’m here with you right now. | 听着 我现在和你在一起 |
[15:55] | We’re on a date | 我们在约会 |
[15:57] | And I thought we were getting to know each other. | 我以为我们已经开始了解对方了 |
[15:59] | It doesn’t just accumulate. | 感情不能总是这样缓慢积累 |
[16:01] | It takes intense, prolonged contact. | 应该激烈一点 需要长时间的接触 |
[16:06] | Don’t you want to be close with anyone? | 你难道都不想和谁亲近吗 |
[16:09] | I do. | 我想 |
[16:12] | I know we’re from different generations | 我知道我们两个之间有代沟 |
[16:15] | But I’m going to need more from you. | 但我需要你付出更多一点 |
[16:19] | We are from different generations, | 我们的确有代沟 |
[16:20] | Because I don’t remember women pushing this hard. | 因为我的印象中 女人从来不这么主动 |
[16:24] | And I’m not seeing anyone. | 而且我没有和别的女人约会 |
[16:26] | I’m working… | 我只是忙于工作 |
[16:28] | All the time. | 每天都是 |
[16:30] | Well, I get excited when you call | 每次你约我的时候我都很兴奋 |
[16:31] | And then I don’t hear from you. | 但每次约会完你就消失了 |
[16:34] | We don’t have to get married | 我也不是想逼你娶我 |
[16:35] | for me to show you off at the country club. | 然后在我那些姐妹面前炫耀 |
[16:38] | Don. | 唐 |
[16:41] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[16:43] | I’m fine, Henry. | 我很好 亨利 |
[16:46] | Henry, Betty, this is Miss Van Nuys. | 亨利 贝蒂 这是范·奈丝小姐 |
[16:48] | – Bethany. – Enjoy your dinner. | -贝瑟妮 -用餐愉快 |
[16:59] | My goodness, what was that? | 天呐 他们怎么这样 |
[17:01] | Well, that was actually my ex-wife | 事实上 那是我的前妻 |
[17:05] | and her husband | 和她的现任丈夫 |
[17:07] | And some slob | 还有一个蠢蛋 |
[17:08] | who’s about to have the worst dinner of his life. | 因为他即将经历他人生中最糟糕的晚餐 |
[17:10] | What? Her? | 什么 她 |
[17:25] | Well, first of all, my official capacity if anyone asks | 首先 如果有人问起我的职责的话 |
[17:28] | I’m here to thank you for securing | 我在这是为了感谢你 |
[17:29] | the Governor’s endorsement for Congressman Lindsay. | 争取到州长对林赛议员的公开支持 |
[17:32] | That’s no small feat, I’m sure. | 我知道 做到这点不容易 |
[17:34] | Well, Rocky only hates him because he’s handsome. | 洛克只讨厌他一点 那就是他长得太帅了 |
[17:38] | Well, not to worry. | 别担心 |
[17:39] | Lindsay just wants to be mayor. | 林赛只是想当市长 |
[17:40] | Any talk of the White House is fiction. | 那些传言说他想入主白宫都是假的 |
[17:43] | Huh. I guess he hasn’t seen the cover of “Life.” | 我想他没看过《生活》杂志的封面 |
[17:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:51] | Hypothetically, | 假设 |
[17:53] | The Congressman is putting together a team | 林赛先生希望组建竞选团队 |
[17:55] | with his eye on ’72 | 目标是72年的总统大选 |
[17:56] | And well, it would be built– | 那么 这个竞选团队 |
[18:00] | If it were going to be built– around you. | 如果真要参选的话 将会以您为团队核心 |
[18:06] | And yes, he doesn’t want Rocky to have you either. | 当然 他希望您辞去洛克那边的工作 |
[18:13] | Elizabeth, do you know what you want? | 伊丽莎白 你还好吧 |
[18:15] | Honey, this part is almost over. | 亲爱的 公事很快就谈完了 |
[18:17] | I’m sorry. You’ll have to excuse me. | 抱歉 我暂时离开一下 |
[18:25] | One drink and she gets flushed. | 她只要喝一点酒就醉了 |
[18:27] | Yeah, my wife has the other problem. | 我妻子恰好相反 千杯不醉 |
[18:38] | Are you okay in there, ma’am? | 你还好吧 夫人 |
[18:39] | Yes, I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[18:44] | – You dropped your purse. – I’ll take it. | -你把钱包掉在这了 -我自己会拿的 |
[19:10] | What did you want me to do, put you in a cab? | 你想让我怎样 让你乘出租车先回家吗 |
[19:12] | That wouldn’t be right. | 那样很不得体 |
[19:14] | I can’t believe you made me sit there and look at them. | 我不敢相信你居然让我坐那儿看着他们 |
[19:16] | Nobody said you had to look at them. | 又没人逼你看他们 |
[19:18] | You need a drink? Well, what are you, a wino? | 你居然主动提出要喝酒 难道你是个酒鬼吗 |
[19:21] | You need a drink? That is not something you’re allowed to say. | 居然主动提出喝酒 以你的身份怎能说出这样的话 |
[19:24] | Oh, now you decide what I can and can’t say? | 现在由你来决定我该说什么不该说什么了吗 |
[19:28] | I was in a marriage like that before. | 我上段婚姻就是这样的 |
[19:30] | You’re gonna run into him. It’s a small town. | 抬头不见低头见 这是个小地方 |
[19:33] | – I hate him. – Hate’s a strong word, Betty. | -我恨他 -恨是很严重的词 贝蒂 |
[19:36] | I hate Nazis. | 对纳粹党那才叫恨 |
[19:38] | I have an ex-wife. She bothers me. | 我也有前妻 她让我很烦 |
[19:40] | I don’t like seeing her. I don’t hate her. | 我不想看见她 但我不恨她 |
[19:42] | – You’re a saint. – I’m an adult. | -你是圣人 -不 我是成年人 |
[19:44] | It was upsetting. Can’t you let me have that? | 我很心烦意乱 你不能让我发泄一下吗 |
[19:47] | Not when it ruins the whole evening. | 可你不能毁了整个晚宴 |
[19:50] | This man is asking me to take Lindsay all the way. | 那个人要我帮林赛在政坛平步青云 |
[19:52] | That could happen. Don Draper doesn’t have a say. | 那是有可能实现的 而唐·德雷柏没有发言权 |
[19:57] | – You’re right. Who cares about him? – You do. | -你是对的 谁在乎他啊 -你在乎 |
[20:00] | He’s taking up too much space in your life, | 他在你的生活中占据了太重要的地位 |
[20:03] | maybe in your heart. | 或许还有你的心 |
[20:05] | That’s ridiculous. | 这么说就太可笑了 |
[20:08] | Look, | 听着 |
[20:11] | maybe we rushed into this. | 或许我们进展太快了 |
[20:13] | “We”? | 我们 |
[20:14] | I was six months pregnant when we met. | 我们遇见的时候我已经有6个月身孕了 |
[20:18] | – Pull over. – Are you kidding me? | -停车 -你在开玩笑吧 |
[20:21] | Let me out, Henry. | 让我下车 亨利 |
[20:23] | No, you know what? Let me out at the house, | 不 你知道吗 让我搬出去 |
[20:25] | because you don’t want to live there anyway. | 因为你根本不想住在那 |
[20:28] | You can stay at a hotel | 你可以住在酒店 |
[20:30] | or wherever you were when I met you– | 或者当初相遇时 你曾居住的地方 |
[20:32] | In your mansion with your servants. | 住在你的别墅里 还有专属仆人 |
[20:35] | Shut up, Betty. You’re drunk. | 闭嘴 贝蒂 你喝多了 |
[21:01] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[21:03] | Making you comfortable. | 让你好好享受一下 |
[21:20] | She’s a sweet girl | 她是个好女孩 |
[21:22] | and she wants me to know her, | 她想让我了解她 |
[21:23] | but I already do. | 但是我已经了解了 |
[21:29] | People tell you who they are, | 人们会告诉你他们是怎样的人 |
[21:30] | but we ignore it | 但我们总是选择忽略 |
[21:32] | because we want them to be who we want them to be. | 因为我们总希望他们成为我们想要的样子 |
[21:40] | To be continued. | 愿此情再续 |
[21:48] | I bet she was thinking of that line all night. | 我敢说 刚刚那句话 她一定是想了一晚上才想出来的 |
[21:54] | I looked up at the Barbizon | 我向上看着巴比松酒店 |
[21:55] | and I thought of all the women in there– | 我想着所有住在那儿的女人 |
[21:58] | One in every room– | 每个房间的每一个人 |
[22:00] | Touching themselves to sleep. | 依靠自慰才能入眠 |
[22:07] | Waverly and 6th. | 韦弗利大街和第六大道交汇处 |
[22:11] | I like sleeping alone, | 我喜欢一个人睡觉 |
[22:13] | Stretching out like a skydiver, | 像个跳伞运动员 伸展开来 |
[22:16] | Cool patches to roll onto. | 可以在床上翻转 |
[22:19] | I just appreciate it more. | 我只是很喜欢这样 |
[22:25] | No. No! I’m talking now! | 不 不 给我听好了 |
[22:30] | I don’t care where you go and I don’t care what you do! | 我不管你去哪 也不管你要去做什么 |
[22:33] | So in order– | 所以 为了… |
[22:35] | Would you let me talk? I want my key back, | 让我说完行吗 把我的钥匙还给我 |
[22:39] | I don’t want to see your shorts on my floor | 我不想在我家地板上看见你的短裤 |
[22:41] | and I don’t want you complaining that I don’t cook | 我不想再听见你抱怨说我不做饭 |
[22:43] | cause I don’t cook! | 我可不是你的厨师 |
[22:46] | You know what, David? Go sitting in the ocean! | 知道吗 大卫 去死吧 |
[22:49] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[22:56] | Are you leavg already? | 你现在就要走了吗 |
[23:02] | Were you going to say goodbye? | 你不准备跟我道别吗 |
[23:05] | I thought you could use the sleep. | 我觉得你还是再睡一会儿比较好 |
[23:10] | I’m sorry, Henry. | 对不起 亨利 |
[23:14] | Come over here. | 过来一下 |
[23:28] | I don’t want to have to defend myself all the time. | 我不希望总是得为自己辩解 |
[23:31] | All the time? | 总是? |
[23:34] | Henry, I’m really sorry. | 亨利 我真的很抱歉 |
[23:37] | I know. | 我知道 |
[23:39] | Get some sleep. | 再睡会吧 |
[23:44] | Carla took the kids to school. | 卡拉会送孩子们去学校 |
[23:48] | Henry, he was the only man I’d ever been with. | 亨利 我这辈子只和他一个男人谈过恋爱 |
[23:54] | I’ll call you later. | 我晚点再给你打电话 |
[24:46] | It tastes good, | 味道不错 |
[24:47] | because it still basically tastes like Mountain Dew. | 因为差不多还是激浪汽水的味道 |
[24:50] | And it’s very simple to make. I call it jet fuel. | 而且做起来很简单 我叫它喷气燃料 |
[24:53] | Rocket fuel, and I like the simplicity of the idea– | 不如叫火箭燃料吧 我喜欢这个简洁的创意 |
[24:56] | Young people, hillbillies. | 年轻人 乡巴佬 |
[24:57] | Xerox crapped out again. | 复印机又被弄坏了 |
[24:59] | I think I killed it. | 我想”凶手”是我 |
[25:03] | I’ll run this specimen over to the lab. | 那我应该把这证据送到实验室去化验 |
[25:06] | It’s delicious. | 很美味哦 |
[25:09] | Ah. You’re a haircut, you know that? | 你知道吗 你是个天才 |
[25:12] | You need three ingredients for a cocktail. | 调鸡尾酒需要三种材料 |
[25:14] | Vodka and Mountain Dew is an emergency. | 除非没有其他配酒 才会选伏特加或激浪 |
[25:23] | Don wants our freelance art director Joey Baird | 唐希望我们的特约美指乔伊·贝尔德 |
[25:25] | put on full time for the next three weeks. | 接下来的三周全职上班 |
[25:27] | None of my business I suppose. | 我想这不关我的事 |
[25:36] | I really think this vending machine is a troublemaker. | 我真觉得那个自动售货机是个大麻烦 |
[25:39] | I think it’s been a great success. | 我认为它是个巨大的成功 |
[25:41] | Revenue is climbing. | 收益一直在攀升 |
[25:44] | I was gonna suggest we get a sandwich machine. | 我准备提议再弄一个三明治自动售货机 |
[25:46] | We’d probably get 40% of the work force | 我们或许能使40%的员工 |
[25:49] | keeping busy through lunch. | 在午餐时间继续工作 |
[25:50] | Or we’d end up with a bunch of fat secretaries | 或许恰好相反 一群肥胖的女秘书 |
[25:52] | who think the whole afternoon is lunchtime, | 把整个下午都当做进餐时间 |
[25:53] | because there’s always another sandwich around the corner. | 因为总是有吃不完的三明治 |
[25:57] | There have been a lot of complaints. | 已经有很多人表达不满了 |
[26:00] | Did you tell them to call the number? | 你没让他们打投诉电话吗 |
[26:05] | What do you think they’re doing in there– Lane and Joan? | 你们觉得莱恩和琼在办公室里干什么 |
[26:08] | It’s an unholy alliance. | 他们俩是罪恶同盟 |
[26:10] | I know exactly what they’re doing in there. | 我知道他们在里面干嘛 |
[26:13] | Joan’s on the desk, boobs on the blotter. | 琼趴在桌子上 胸部压在文件上 |
[26:18] | Lane’s behind her, probably has a bowler hat. Am I wrong? | 莱恩在后面 可能还戴着小套套 对吧 |
[26:21] | Hey, don’t do that. | 够了 别这么做 |
[26:23] | I’m not doing anything. Joan’s doing it. | 我什么也没做 是琼在”做” |
[26:29] | Mountain Dew-dah. | 别忘了激浪广告的事 |
[26:31] | Give me three cocktails with at least three ingredients each. | 给我三种鸡尾酒 每种至少要包含三种调料 |
[26:34] | Peggy Olson, | 佩奇·奥尔森 |
[26:36] | pioneering the science of wet blanketry. | 全世界最会扫兴的女人 |
[26:39] | You love her. | 你对她真是厚爱有加 |
[26:46] | Henry Francis calling. | 亨利·弗朗西斯电话找您 |
[26:59] | – This is Don. – Hello, Don. Henry Francis. | -我是唐 -你好 唐 我是亨利·弗朗西斯 |
[27:03] | Sorry to bother you at work. | 在工作时间打扰你 真是不好意思 |
[27:05] | I assume it’s important. | 我想你应该有要紧的事情吧 |
[27:06] | It is but not dire. | 是挺重要 不过不急 |
[27:10] | OK | 好吧 |
[27:13] | What can I do for you? | 有什么我能帮你的吗 |
[27:14] | I bought a boat and I– | 我买了一艘船 然后我想 |
[27:16] | Well, I’d like to put it in the garage | 我想把它放到车库里 |
[27:18] | and I don’t have the clearance with your things there. | 但是你的东西堆在那 我没位置放 |
[27:21] | No, of course. | 的确是没位置了 |
[27:23] | I can probably have some movers take them, | 我可以帮你叫些搬运工 |
[27:25] | put them in storage somewhere. | 移到别的地方存放 |
[27:26] | I can take it off the rent. | 租金由我来付 |
[27:28] | No. No, that’s okay. | 不 不必了 不用麻烦 |
[27:30] | I should probably come and get them myself. | 或许我该亲自过去将它们取走 |
[27:34] | Gene’s birthday party’s on sunday… | 吉恩的生日派对定在这周日 |
[27:37] | I know. | 我知道 |
[27:38] | …so I think saturday would be best, don’t you? | 我想你周六来拿应该再合适不过了 你说呢 |
[27:44] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[27:47] | The boat’s coming next week so– | 船下周就会送到 所以 |
[27:48] | Fine. | 好的 |
[27:50] | I’ll come at noon. | 我大概中午到 |
[28:02] | Miss Blankenship, can I get some coffee? | 布兰肯希普小姐 给我倒杯咖啡 |
[28:08] | I just lost 30 cents in the machine. | 那机器吞了我30美分 |
[28:11] | How is that possible? | 怎么可能 |
[28:13] | Well, I wanted a pack of Life Savers, | 我刚刚想买一包来福糖 |
[28:15] | so I put in a nickel and it didn’t work. | 我投了5美分的硬币进去 结果被吞掉了 |
[28:16] | So I looked in my purse and all I had was a quarter, | 我又翻了一下钱包 就剩个25美分的硬币了 |
[28:19] | so then I lost a quarter too. | 结果连那25美分也被吞了 |
[28:20] | Was the exact-change light on? | 你没看到”恕不找零”的提示灯吗 |
[28:22] | I started with the exact change. | 我第一次投的钱正好啊 |
[28:25] | Oh, Peggy, it’s a nickel. | 算了吧 佩奇 只不过是5分钱而已 |
[28:27] | I’m not calling that number. | 我不想再打那个投诉电话了 |
[28:28] | No one ever answers. | 根本没人接 |
[28:30] | I can’t believe you. | 真受不了你 |
[28:32] | Fine, then give me some Life Savers. | 那你给我些来福糖啊 |
[28:48] | – Who did that? – Did what? | -谁干的好事 -什么好事 |
[28:52] | That pornographic drawing. | 那个色情涂鸦 |
[28:56] | It’s a very brave person that does something anonymously. | 敢做不敢当 算什么英雄好汉 |
[28:59] | It’s a very brave person who does that. | 作者还真是个英雄好汉啊 |
[29:01] | It’s still illegal in many states you know. | 那种图片在很多州都是违法的 |
[29:11] | I can’t wait until next year | 我迫不及待地想看到 |
[29:12] | when all of you are in Vietnam. | 明年你们都被送上越南战场 |
[29:14] | You will be pining for the day | 到时候你们会眼巴巴地指望着 |
[29:16] | when someone was trying to make your life easier. | 有人来救你们脱离苦海 |
[29:20] | And when you’re over there, | 当你们踏上越南战场 |
[29:21] | You’re in the jungle and they’re shooting at you, | 穿梭在密林当中 被越南人当靶子射 |
[29:25] | Remember you’re not dying for me, | 请记住你们不是在为我的幸福生活而战斗 |
[29:26] | because I never liked you. | 因为我很讨厌你们 |
[29:35] | – Joan. – Don’t worry. I’m not going home. | -琼 -别紧张 我不会就这么回家 |
[29:39] | Jesus. Scorched earth. | 老天啊 怒火燎原啊 |
[29:41] | – What’s wrong with her? – I told you not to do that. | -她怎么回事 -我警告过你不要胡闹 |
[29:43] | – Come on, Peggy. – It’s a joke. | -拜托 佩奇 -那只是个玩笑 |
[29:50] | She’s still patting around for the buzzer. I’m sorry. | 她半天都找不到通报器 我等不及直接进来了 抱歉 |
[29:52] | What do you want? | 有什么事吗 |
[29:58] | Joey taped it to Joan’s window. | 乔伊把这个贴在了琼的窗子上 |
[30:00] | – Really? – Yes, and it’s disrespectful to Joan | -真的吗 -是的 这是对琼的侮辱 |
[30:03] | And it’s disrespectful to me. | 也是对我的侮辱 |
[30:05] | Narrative, forced perspective, are you sure Joey did this? | 叙事生动 强行透视画法 你确定是乔伊画的吗 |
[30:08] | Yes, I told him not to. | 是的 我之前已经警告过他了 |
[30:11] | Well, I wouldn’t tolerate that if I were you. | 如果我是你 可无法容忍他将我的话当耳边风 |
[30:13] | But you have no problem with it? | 你觉得这没什么吗 |
[30:16] | I didn’t say that. | 我可没这么说 |
[30:17] | Look, Peggy, just go fire him. | 佩奇 直接去炒了他吧 |
[30:20] | Me? | 我去吗 |
[30:22] | I thought you would go out there and yell at him. | 我还以为你会出去骂骂他 |
[30:24] | Yell at him, fire him. Look, believe me– | 不管是骂他或是炒了他 相信我 |
[30:26] | you do not want me involved in this. | 你不会想要我介入这事情的 |
[30:28] | People will think you’re a tattletale. | 别人会觉得是你在我面前搬弄是非 |
[30:30] | Dr. Miller has arrived. | 米勒博士到了 |
[30:33] | Send her in. | 请她进来 |
[30:35] | You want some respect? | 你想要得到尊重吗 |
[30:37] | Go out there and get it for yourself. | 那要靠你自己出去争取 |
[30:40] | – Oh, I’m sorry. – Have a seat. | -不好意思 打扰了 -请坐吧 |
[30:47] | Is everything all right? | 没什么事吧 |
[30:49] | Yes | 是的 |
[30:55] | Joey, can I speak to you for a minute? | 乔伊 我有事想跟你谈谈 |
[30:57] | – You want one? – No. | -你也想要一杯吗 -不必 |
[31:10] | I’m sorry, okay? | 对不起 可以了吧 |
[31:11] | Good. Now go apologize. | 很好 现在去道歉吧 |
[31:14] | What? Then she’ll know I did it. | 什么 这样她就知道是我做的了 |
[31:16] | You did do it. I told you not to. | 确实是你做的 我也劝过你别做 |
[31:18] | Come on. It’s funny. | 只是搞笑一下嘛 |
[31:19] | Really? Would you show it to Lane? | 是吗 那你敢让莱恩看吗 |
[31:21] | He would think it’s funny. | 他肯定会觉得很好笑 |
[31:23] | What if it were Don on his knees? | 如果跪着的那人是唐呢 |
[31:25] | See, this is why I don’t like working with women. | 这就是为什么我不喜欢跟女人一起做事 |
[31:27] | You have no sense of humor. | 你们一点幽默感都没有 |
[31:30] | You’re fired. | 你被炒了 |
[31:33] | Alright, alright. I see the nostrils are flared. | 好吧好吧 都怒发冲冠了 |
[31:35] | – I’ll go apologize. – No, get your things. | -我去道歉吧 -不用 你去收拾一下吧 |
[31:38] | – Are you serious? – I am. | -你是认真的吗 -是的 |
[31:41] | We’ll see what Don has to say about that. | 我们去看唐有什么意见 |
[31:43] | Don doesn’t even know who you are. | 唐怎么会认识你这种小角色 |
[31:48] | I’m sorry it didn’t work out. | 我很抱歉你不能继续留下来 |
[31:49] | Hang on. Come on. This is crazy. | 等等 这太疯狂了 |
[31:52] | It’s just a job, Joey. You’ll get another one. | 乔伊 这只是一份工作 你可以再找份新的 |
[32:02] | Well, I was wrong about you. | 我真是看错你了 |
[32:18] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了 |
[32:19] | Watch out, fellas. The fun’s over. | 大伙保重 娱乐时间结束了 |
[32:21] | – What? – That’s all, folks. | -什么 -就这样了 大家 |
[32:24] | – Are you serious? – A little bug bit me. | -你是认真的吗 -被小人暗算了 |
[32:27] | Well, I’ll give you a call. We’ll have a drink. | 我再打给你吧 到时候一起出去喝酒 |
[32:32] | Stan, throw Vick Chemical on the back burner. | 斯坦 先把维克的广告案放一放 |
[32:35] | You’re on Mountain Dew. | 现在由你接手激浪的广告案 |
[32:38] | Power of the pun tang. | 小女人发威了 |
[32:42] | You know, these guys may be embarrassed | 被一些专家指指点点的教他们怎么做 |
[32:44] | by having some professional tell them what to do. | 他们有可能会觉得很尴尬 |
[32:46] | He’ll take advice from another man. | 他可以从别人那里得到一些建议 |
[32:49] | Not if he knows more. | 可是他有点持才傲物 |
[32:52] | You know I’m right about auto parts. I used to sell cars. | 关于汽车零件的部分我说对了 我卖过车的 |
[32:54] | Yes, but we still have to do it. | 但是我们还是得做啊 |
[32:59] | God, this is boring. | 天啊 这还真无聊 |
[33:01] | I think I’m hungry. Do you want to eat? | 我饿了 你想吃点东西吗 |
[33:05] | – You mean order in? – I don’t know. | -叫外卖吗 -不一定啊 |
[33:07] | You seem kind of dressed up. | 你这身装扮可以直接出去用餐 |
[33:10] | We could take Fillmore Parts with us if you want. | 我们可以带上菲尔莫尔汽车零部件的广告资料 |
[33:15] | Just to clarify. You’d like to have dinner with me? | 我确认一下 你是想跟我共进晚餐吗 |
[33:23] | Yes. | 是的 |
[33:26] | You asked me out the first time I came in here. | 我初来之时 你就想约我出去 |
[33:29] | Why would it be different for me now? | 当时我拒绝了 现在为何要答应呢 |
[33:33] | It just felt like the timing is right. | 我只是觉得 今天是千载良机 |
[33:38] | So why don’t we do that? | 不如这样吧 |
[33:41] | You could ask me out for dinner | 你可以请我吃饭 |
[33:42] | at some future date instead of– I don’t know– | 可以在未来的某天做正式的邀请 而不是 |
[33:44] | tacking it onto a workday like an after thought. | 在某个工作日心血来潮 敷衍了事 |
[33:49] | I could do that. | 那样也可以 |
[33:52] | Saturday night far enough in the future? | 这周六晚上算是未来吗 |
[33:56] | Not normally, but you’re in luck. | 通常来说不算 不过你今天很走运 |
[33:59] | – Good – OK then | -很好 -那就这样定了吧 |
[34:04] | – I’ve got enough to go on here. -OK | -我还有很多事要忙 -好的 |
[34:07] | – Good night. – Good night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[34:16] | It’s Francine. | 是弗朗辛 |
[34:18] | come in. | 进来吧 |
[34:21] | Whoa. I’m all bitten up. | 好多蚊子啊 |
[34:24] | This is my potato salad bowl, but this one’s yours. | 这是我的沙拉碗 这个是你的 |
[34:27] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:28] | Henry was going to pick one up on his way home from work, | 亨利本打算在下班回家的路上买一个的 |
[34:30] | but he’s been so busy. | 可惜他一直没空 |
[34:32] | Oh, Betty, he’s very ambitious. | 贝蒂 他很有雄心壮志啊 |
[34:36] | He’s mad at me. | 他在生我气 |
[34:38] | Why would that be so? | 为什么呢 |
[34:41] | Oh god, if I can make it through this weekend– | 只希望我能撑到这周末 |
[34:44] | It’s a two-year-old’s birthday party, | 只不过是个两岁小孩的生日派对 |
[34:46] | You’ll have help | 会有人给你帮忙的 |
[34:48] | and no one cares. | 而且没人在意派对到底怎么样 |
[34:53] | Is he coming? | 他是不是要来 |
[34:57] | I told him about it. | 我都跟他说了 |
[34:59] | Now I can only hope he won’t show up and ruin it. | 现在我只希望他别来毁了派对 |
[35:01] | Well, he won’t. | 他不会的 |
[35:03] | We ran into him in the city… | 我们在城里碰见他了 |
[35:06] | on a date. | 在和别人约会 |
[35:07] | Bethany Van Nuys– she was all of 15. | 贝瑟妮·范·奈丝 看起来只有15岁 |
[35:12] | I misbehaved. | 我当时失态了 |
[35:15] | Henry didn’t understand it for some reason. | 出于某些原因 亨利甚至无法理解我 |
[35:18] | Why do you let him bother you? | 你怎么对他还那么耿耿于怀 |
[35:20] | We see him walking out with the kids some weekends. | 我们有几个周末看到他和孩子走在外面 |
[35:22] | Carlton calls him “that sad bastard.” | 卡尔顿称他为可怜的混蛋 |
[35:24] | That’s an act. He’s living the life, let me tell you. | 那是表面现象 我跟你说 他过得滋润得很 |
[35:29] | He doesn’t get to have this family and that. | 他可以不用顾及家庭 尽情欢愉 |
[35:33] | Oh, Betty. | 哦 贝蒂 |
[35:34] | You have terrible luck with entertaining. | 你最近弦崩得太紧了 |
[35:45] | Just be careful. | 你要小心一点 |
[35:47] | Don has nothing to lose, | 唐一无所有 什么都不在乎 |
[35:48] | and you have everything. | 而你却拥有一切 |
[36:07] | I don’t know if you heard, but I fired Joey. | 不知道你听说没有 我把乔伊解雇了 |
[36:11] | I did. Good for you. | 听说了 真有你的 |
[36:16] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[36:18] | Now everybody in the office will know | 现在办公室每个人都知道 |
[36:20] | that you solved my problem | 是你解决了我的问题 |
[36:21] | and that you must be really important, I guess. | 我想你现在成了大人物了 |
[36:25] | What’s wrong with you? I defended you. | 你是怎么了 我是为了维护你 |
[36:28] | You defended yourself. | 你维护了你自己 |
[36:31] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[36:33] | That cartoon was disgusting. | 那张图真是恶心 |
[36:35] | I had already handled it | 我本来已经搞定了 |
[36:37] | and if I had wanted to go further, | 如果我想更狠一点 |
[36:39] | one dinner with Mr. Kreutzer from Sugarberry Ham | 只要和舒格伯里火腿公司的克鲁兹先生吃顿饭 |
[36:41] | and Joey would’ve been off it | 就可以将乔伊从那个案子上撤下来 |
[36:43] | and out of my hair. | 再也没法给我惹麻烦 |
[36:45] | So it’s the same result. | 结果还不是一样 |
[36:48] | You want to be a big shot. | 你想要出人头地 |
[36:51] | Well, no matter how powerful we get around here, | 跟你说 无论我们在这里多么强势 |
[36:53] | they can still just draw a cartoon. | 那种图他们照画不误 |
[36:56] | So all you’ve done is proved to them | 你所做的只是向他们证明了 |
[36:57] | that I’m a meaningless secretary | 我只是个可有可无的秘书 |
[36:59] | and you’re another humorless bitch. | 你则是不懂幽默的贱人 |
[37:05] | Have a nice weekend. Good night, Peggy. | 祝你周末愉快 晚安 佩奇 |
[37:16] | When a man walks into a room, | 当一个男人选择安身立命 |
[37:19] | he brings his whole life with him. | 他背负着自己的一生 |
[37:31] | He has a million reasons for being anywhere. | 他有无数个理由去浪迹天涯 |
[37:34] | Just ask him. | 你只需要问他就行 |
[37:39] | If you listen, | 如果你愿意倾听 |
[37:41] | he’ll tell you how he got there, | 他会告诉你他是如何尘埃落定的 |
[37:48] | how he forgot where he was going | 如何忘记最初的梦想 |
[37:50] | and then he woke up. | 然后突然醒来 |
[37:54] | If you listen, | 如果你愿意倾听 |
[37:56] | he’ll tell you about the time he thought he was an angel | 他会告诉你 曾经 他幻想自己是天使 |
[38:00] | or dreamt of being perfect. | 梦想成为完美化身 |
[38:06] | And then he’ll smile with wisdom, | 然后他露出了睿智的微笑 |
[38:08] | content that he’d realized the world isn’t perfect. | 认识到这世界并不完美 |
[38:15] | We’re flawed because we want so much more. | 我们都有缺点 因为我们贪心不足 |
[38:36] | We’re ruined | 我们无可救药 |
[38:37] | because we get these things | 因为当我们终于得到自己想要的 |
[38:39] | and wish for what we had. | 却又开始怀念曾经的所有 |
[38:54] | – You smell nice. – So do you, | -你身上真香 -你也是 |
[38:58] | like chlorine. | 像是氯水的味道 |
[39:01] | I’ve been swimming. | 我游泳了 |
[39:03] | Does it feel like summer? | 现在又不是夏天 |
[39:05] | It clears my head. | 我得清醒一下大脑 |
[39:07] | – For the creative process? – For something. | -为了保证创意吗 -不 是因为别的事情 |
[39:11] | I’ve been a little out of sorts lately. | 我最近状态不是很好 |
[39:17] | It’s an effort to get in the water, but when you do | 下水之前会很犹豫 但一旦你下去了 |
[39:19] | you’re weightless and you don’t even sweat. | 你就觉得身轻如燕 甚至不会出汗 |
[39:22] | And in the end, | 游完之后出来 |
[39:25] | You’re wrung out. | 感觉像是被拧干了 |
[39:30] | I’ve been looking forward to this. | 我一直希望有机会也去游一次 |
[39:33] | It’s very hard to get a reservation here. | 据说很难预定到这里的席位 |
[39:35] | You should’ve called me. I know a guy. | 你应该找我 我有熟人 |
[39:40] | Really? | 是吗 |
[39:42] | Who’s your guy? | 哪个熟人 |
[39:44] | My father. | 我父亲 |
[39:47] | A lot of people who supply restaurants | 很多餐厅的供货商都相互认识 |
[39:50] | know a lot of the same people who know my father. | 那些人又正好认识我父亲 |
[39:55] | Like…? | 比如说 |
[39:57] | Not my father, just his friends. | 不是我父亲 只是他的朋友 |
[40:00] | He owns a candy store | 他有一家糖果屋 |
[40:03] | And there are certain responsibilities that go along with that. | 这就意味着肩负很多责任 |
[40:09] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[40:12] | What’s he like? | 他人怎么样 |
[40:15] | He’s a handsome two-bit gangster like you. | 他跟你一样 是个坏坏的帅男人 |
[40:21] | Two glasses of Chianti. | 两杯勤地酒[一种意大利红葡萄酒] |
[40:28] | When I’m out of sorts, I look at the calendar. | 当我不在状态的时候 我就看着日历 |
[40:32] | There’s usually something significant on the horizon. | 总是会有一些重要的事将要发生 |
[40:37] | I never noticed that. | 我从来没注意过 |
[40:43] | It’s my two-year-old’s birthday, | 今天是我两岁儿子的生日 |
[40:47] | but I’m not going. | 但是我不能去 |
[40:50] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[40:54] | Because I’m not welcome there. | 因为我在那儿不受待见 |
[40:58] | He thinks that man’s his father. | 他以为那个男人是他父亲 |
[41:04] | Maybe that’s okay. | 也许没什么大不了的 |
[41:06] | All he knows of the world is what you show him. | 他能见识这个世界 要感激的人应该是你 |
[41:25] | Oh, that’s nice. | 味道挺不错嘛 |
[41:35] | I know I’ve sometimes behaved to the contrary, | 我知道我有时候跟你对着干 |
[41:38] | but I do admire your work. | 但是我对你的工作十分敬重 |
[41:40] | That’s nice to hear. | 很高兴听你这么说 |
[41:43] | So tell me a trade secret. | 给我透露一点行业秘密吧 |
[41:47] | How do you get them to do what you want them to do? | 你是如何让人们按照你的意愿做事的 |
[41:53] | Aesop has a fable about the wind and the sun. | 伊索有一则关于风和太阳的寓言 |
[41:57] | The wind and the sun had this competition | 有一天风和太阳要一较高下 |
[42:00] | to see if they could get a traveler’s coat off. | 看谁能脱掉一个旅人的外套 |
[42:03] | So the wind blows fiercely on him, | 于是风对着那个旅人猛烈地吹 |
[42:06] | but the traveler just pulls his coat tighter. | 但那个旅人把衣服越裹越紧 |
[42:09] | But the sun shines down on him, | 但是太阳对着那个旅人照射 |
[42:12] | warmer and warmer, | 越来越热 |
[42:14] | and the traveler just takes it off. | 然后旅人就自己把衣服脱掉了 |
[42:19] | And the moral is? | 那么寓意是什么 |
[42:22] | Kindness, gentleness and persuasion win | 友好 温和 劝告 可以大获全胜 |
[42:26] | where force fails. | 强迫却无济于事 |
[42:30] | You know, Aesop did that in probably 10 lines. | 你知道伊索可能只用10行就写完了这个故事 |
[42:33] | He’s very economical. | 他总是惜字如金 |
[42:36] | So what you’re saying is you want my coat. | 那你意思是说 你想要我的外套 |
[42:57] | 72nd and Broadway. | 百老汇大街和第72大道交汇处 |
[42:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[43:31] | Where do you live? | 你住哪儿 |
[43:33] | Only around the corner. | 很快就到了 |
[43:35] | Really? | 是吗 |
[43:39] | Yes. | 是的 |
[43:41] | But I’m just going to take you to your door. | 但是我只把你送到门口 |
[43:46] | And why is that? | 为什么呢 |
[43:51] | Because that’s as far as I can go right now | 因为目前我只能到此为止 |
[43:55] | and I’m not ready to say good night. | 我还没有准备好说晚安 |
[44:00] | That’s not what I expected. | 我想要的可不是这个 |
[45:16] | – Hello, Francine. – Hello, Don. | -你好 弗朗辛 -你好 唐 |
[45:19] | Daddy! | 爸爸 |
[45:25] | What’s he doing here? | 他来这儿干什么 |
[45:27] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[45:39] | Here you go. Say hi to daddy. | 来 向爸爸问好 |
[45:41] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[45:49] | We have everything. | 我们拥有一切 |