时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything… | 这个故事是关于一个原本富足的家庭 现在一无所有 |
[00:04] | and the one son who had no choice… | 其中一个儿子别无选择 |
[00:06] | but to keep them all together. | 不得不撑起这个家 |
[00:13] | It’s Arrested Development. | 欢迎收看<发展受阻> |
[00:20] | Michael Bluth and his family had gathered at the courthouse… | Michael Bluth和他的家人一起到法庭 |
[00:23] | to discuss George Sr. ‘s upcoming trial. | 商量老George接下来的审讯 |
[00:27] | Do not ask me how I did it… | 别问我是怎么做到的 |
[00:29] | they offered us a plea bargain. | 他们提供了辩诉协议 |
[00:32] | Really? There’s a chance we don’t have to go to trial? | 真的吗 这么说我们有可能不用上庭 |
[00:34] | Absolutely, and I say we take it… | 正是 而且我觉得我们该接受 |
[00:36] | because we will never get an offer this good again. | 因为再也没有这么好的机会了 |
[00:38] | – Wow. – Great. What’s the offer? | – 哇喔 – 太好了 上面怎么说 |
[00:41] | Well, I didn’t read it. I just got it yesterday. | 额 我还没看 我昨天才拿到的 |
[00:45] | F.Y.I., I’m trying to get back into the dating world. | 告诉你吧 我正努力的回到约会的队伍中 |
[00:52] | Hey, you’re not one of those silly men | 嘿 你不会就是那种挫男 |
[00:54] | that’s dressed like a woman, are you? | 穿成女人的样子吧 是吗 |
[00:56] | No, baby. I’m the real thing. | 不是 宝贝儿 我货真价实 |
[01:00] | I don’t understand how a person | 我就想不通了 一个人怎么可以 |
[01:01] | can put their sex life in front of their work. | 把性生活看得比工作还重 |
[01:03] | He’s a man, Michael. He needs a woman. | 他是一个男人 Michael 他需要女人 |
[01:08] | Can we get back to work, folks? | 我们能回到正题上吗 同志们 |
[01:10] | We’ve only got 24 hours to respond… | 我们只有二十四小时的考虑时间 |
[01:11] | and no matter what this is, it is better than going to trial. | 不管内容是什么 肯定比上庭要好 |
[01:15] | Your father’s not here. I’ll speak for him. | 你爸爸不在场 我替他决定 |
[01:18] | He loves it. He’s crazy about the plea. | 他接受 他太喜欢这个辩诉协议了 |
[01:20] | He’s dying to get out of that prison and be with a woman again. | 他非常渴望离开监狱 回到女人身边 |
[01:23] | In fact, George Sr. Had a woman in his life… | 事实上 老George生活中有个女人 |
[01:26] | Cindi Lightballoon, a fan of his Caged Wisdom video series… | Cindi Lightballoon 是他”笼中智慧”视频的粉丝 |
[01:29] | with whom he’d had fleeting physical contact. | 并且和她有过短暂的身体接触 |
[01:33] | That morning however, she had some startling news for him. | 然而那天早上 她告诉了他一个惊人的消息 |
[01:35] | I’m a mole. | 我是个鼹鼠[特务] |
[01:37] | Well, you know, God doesn’t care how big your teeth are. | 好吧 上帝可不在乎你的牙齿有多大 |
[01:41] | Yes, you could go to a dentist. You could… Whoo. | 嗯 你可以去看牙医 你可以 喔 |
[01:43] | You could grind off about… I don’t know… | 你可以去磨掉 我不知道 |
[01:45] | 30%, maybe more. Yeah, I wouldn’t miss it. | 百分之三十 或者更多 我不会错过这样的机会 |
[01:48] | No, no, no. I mean, I’m an undercover government agent. | 不是 不是 我是说 我是个秘密的政府特工 |
[01:51] | I was sent here to investigate you. | 他们派我来调查你的 |
[01:54] | Up until last week, my being in love with you was just an act. | 直到上个星期 我和你相爱都只是演戏 |
[01:58] | – Hmm. – But now I want to be with you. | – 嗯 – 但现在我想和你在一起 |
[02:01] | And I know you can beat this case they have against you. | 我知道你可以打赢这场官司 |
[02:04] | I know this for a fact. | 我有百分百的把握 |
[02:07] | I want to fight this thing. I can beat it. I know it for a fact. | 我要上庭 我能赢的 我有百分百的把握 |
[02:11] | – We’re taking the plea. – Lucille, we’re not taking a plea. | – 我们要接受辩诉协议 – Lucille 我们不接受 |
[02:13] | We don’t even know what the plea is yet. | 我们还不知道上面什么内容 |
[02:14] | Is that a shot at me? ‘Cause that makes me want to read it all the less. | 你是在针对我吗 你这样子我更不想看它了 |
[02:18] | – You have another one of these? – Yes, I do. | – 你是不是还有一份 – 是 我有 |
[02:19] | – We’ll both read it. – You’re going to read that? | – 我们都看一遍 – 你要看这个吗 |
[02:21] | – Yeah. – It’s pretty thick. | – 没错 – 这很厚啊 |
[02:23] | He thinks he’s a lawyer ’cause he played one in 10th grade. | 他十年级的时候演过律师就以为自己是个律师了 |
[02:26] | In order to satisfy an English requirement… | 为了满足一项英语课要求 |
[02:28] | Michael appeared in the drama club’s production… | Michael参与了戏剧俱乐部的一部作品 |
[02:30] | of an original play, The Trial of Captain Hook. | 一个原创剧 |
[02:40] | – I don’t remember that. – Well, you left during my solo. | – 我怎么不记得了 – 额 我独唱的时候你离开了 |
[02:44] | And I’m surprised my twin sister can remember that… | 我很惊讶我的双胞胎姐姐竟然记得这个 |
[02:45] | considering she was repeating the ninth grade at the time. | 因为她那时候留了一级 还在读九年级 |
[02:49] | – I don’t remember that. – Big surprise, Mom. | – 我也不记得有这事儿 – 这有什么奇怪的 妈妈 |
[02:51] | It’s not like you ever took an interest in our lives. | 你从来对我们的生活不闻不问 |
[02:53] | Honestly, if I ever did to Maeby what you- | 说真的 如果我对Maeby也像你一样 |
[02:56] | Lindsay recalled that earlier that day… | Lindsay想起今天早些时候 |
[02:59] | she had received a letter | 她收到一封信 |
[03:00] | from the high school about her own daughter. | 是学校寄来的关于她女儿的情况 |
[03:06] | And so later, Lindsay and | 后来 Lindsay和Tobias |
[03:07] | Tobias tried a more hands-on approach to parenting. | 就试着多尽一些父母的义务 |
[03:10] | We would like you to tutor our daughter. | 我们希望你能辅导咱家女儿 |
[03:14] | Now, of course, we’re having a bit of a cash-flow problem… | 当然现在我们有点资金上的问题 |
[03:16] | but I assure you… | 但我向你保证 |
[03:18] | if you bring our little girl’s grades up… | 如果你帮我们女儿提高分数 |
[03:20] | I will pack your sweet pink mouth with so much ice cream… | 我会买好多好多冰激凌给你吃 |
[03:24] | you’ll be the envy of everyJerry and Jane on the block. | 这附近所有的孩子都会嫉妒你的 |
[03:27] | We’re the only house on the block. | 这附近就我们这一间房子 |
[03:32] | Perhaps we should get somebody else. | 也许我们应该找其他人 |
[03:34] | Michael, meanwhile, had gone to | 其间 Michael去了 |
[03:35] | the bar across the street from the courthouse… | 法院附近的酒吧 |
[03:37] | to read the plea offer. | 看辩诉协议的内容 |
[03:39] | “Not to exceed five years, but no less than three.” | 刑期至少三年 不超过五年 |
[03:42] | – So what do you think? – I don’t know. | – 你觉得怎么样 – 我不知道 |
[03:44] | I’m so mad at Barry I can’t even focus. That guy’s out dating? | 我还在生Barry的气 都没法集中精神 那家伙竟然出去约会了 |
[03:47] | – I mean, I’d love to be dating, but l… – Can’t relax? | – 我是说 我也喜欢约会 可是我 – 不能放松么 |
[03:50] | No. I don’t have time for a relationship. This is important. | 不是 我没有时间谈恋爱 这很重要 |
[03:53] | No one said anything about a relationship, Michael. | 没人让你去谈正经恋爱 Michael |
[03:56] | If you’d slept with more than four women, you’d know that. | 如果你睡过的女人大于四个 你就明白了 |
[03:58] | – I have, Gob. – More than five? | – 我睡过那么多 Gob – 大于五个吗 |
[04:02] | Let’s say “Five”. This is a courthouse bar, Michael. | 好 那就是五个 这是法院旁的酒吧 Michael |
[04:06] | These are professional, aggressive women… | 这些好斗的职业女性 |
[04:08] | who are looking for nothing more than a one-night stand. | 都只在寻找一夜情 |
[04:11] | No real names, no promises. | 没有真实姓名 没有承诺 |
[04:15] | I’m not a one-night stand kind of guy. | 我不是玩一夜情的男人 |
[04:16] | I don’t like lying to women. | 我不喜欢对女人说谎 |
[04:17] | These are lawyers… that’s Latin for “Liar.” | 这些都是律师 拉丁语中的说谎者 |
[04:21] | I can’t believe I’m still reading the same sentence. | 我怎么还在看同一个句子 |
[04:22] | How can something be “No less than three” If it exceeds six? | 这数字大于六又怎么可能不小于三 |
[04:26] | I mean, six is still more than three, right? | 六仍旧大于三的 对吗 |
[04:27] | Yeah, and it’s still more than five. | 是啊 也仍旧大于五哦 |
[04:32] | – Oh! Oh. Oh, I’m sorry. – It’s okay. | – 哦 哦 对不起 – 没事 |
[04:35] | – I’m falling all over you. – Let me move down. | – 我倒在你身上了 – 我挪过去点 |
[04:37] | I’m just working on this plea. | 我在研究这个辩诉协议 |
[04:39] | If you’re pleading with me | 如果你在研究怎么求我 |
[04:41] | to have a drink with you, you can stop begging. | 和你喝一杯 真的用不着 |
[04:45] | No, no. It’s a… | 不 不是 这个是 |
[04:46] | It’s a plea for this case that I’m… | 这是一个案子的辩诉协议 |
[04:48] | I’m sorry… you want a drink. | 对不起 你想喝一杯么 |
[04:50] | Well, I didn’t come here for the view. | 嗯 我不是来这看风景的 |
[04:53] | – I’ll have a vodka martini. – I’ll tell him. | – 我要一杯伏特加马提尼 – 我来点 |
[04:56] | – So, another lawyer, huh? – Vodka martini! | – 所以 你也是律师啊 – 伏特加马提尼 |
[04:59] | I’m Maggie Lizer, as in “Maggie lies her ass off.” | 我叫Maggie Lizer 也就是 Maggie大撒谎精 |
[05:06] | One person laughed at that once, | 只有一个人被逗笑过 |
[05:08] | and I don’t know why I keep trying it. | 我也不知道我为什么还一直说 |
[05:10] | – No, it’s good. Yeah. – What kind of law do you practice? | – 没 挺好笑的 – 你从事哪种类型的法律 |
[05:16] | Maritime. Maritime law. Lawyers of the sea. | 海事的 海事法律 大海的律师 |
[05:20] | Oh. Submarine chaser. | 哦 追逐潜艇的少年 |
[05:23] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[05:25] | – Chareth – Chareth – Chareth. – Chareth. | |
[05:27] | Oh. So then what’s your last name? | 哦 那你姓什么 |
[05:30] | – Cute story… – Cutestory? | – Cutestory[好玩的故事] – Cutestory |
[05:33] | Yes. Chareth Cutestory. | 是的 Chareth Cutestory |
[05:35] | – That’s an interesting name. – Is it? | – 这名字很有意思 – 是吗 |
[05:38] | So here’s the test that I failed. | 这是我没及格的测试 |
[05:42] | Oh, okay. Yeah, I see the problem right away. | 哦 好的 嗯 我立马就看出问题所在了 |
[05:45] | You, uh… You got all the answers wrong. | 你 额 你所有题都答错了 |
[05:47] | You know you, you even got your name wrong here. | 你看 你甚至把你的名字写错了 |
[05:50] | It says, “S. Funke.” | 你写了”S.Funke” |
[05:51] | Yeah, well, see, what they want you to do… | 没错 你瞧 他们就想让你 |
[05:53] | is put an “S” If you’re single, an “M” If you’re married. | 单身就标个S 已婚就标M |
[05:55] | I mean, most of us are all single, | 我们大部分都是单身 |
[05:57] | but it’s a whole government thing, so… | 但这就是政府的做派 所以 |
[05:59] | Yeah. Okay. The first thing you want to do | 嗯 好吧 当你遇到分数题 |
[06:00] | when you’re dealing with fractions… | 第一件要做的事是 |
[06:02] | Yeah. So I’m gonna go, okay? | 嗯 我要走了 好吧 |
[06:04] | So just fill in all the right answers here, | 所以你只要把正确的答案都填上 |
[06:07] | and I’ll see where I went wrong. | 我就知道我哪儿写错了 |
[06:09] | And you’re getting paid for this right? | 你这么做有酬劳的是吧 |
[06:10] | There was talk of ice cream, but not exactly on my terms. | 有提过冰激凌 但这不是我想要的 |
[06:14] | Wow! Where did you get all that? Do you have a job or something? | 哇 你从哪搞来的钱 你是有份工作还是怎么地 |
[06:16] | No, but you do. | 没有 但是你有 |
[06:19] | Now, look. Don’t feel guilty. | 听着 别觉得愧疚 |
[06:21] | I don’t really need tutoring anyways, okay? | 反正我也不需要辅导 |
[06:24] | – Enjoy the 200 bucks. – Oh, there… there’s six 20s here. | – 好好享受这两百大洋 – 哦 总共是六张二十的 |
[06:27] | – That’s right. – Right. | – 就是啊 – 好吧 |
[06:31] | After an evening of drinking, Michael, being the sensible one… | 喝了一晚上酒之后 作为一个明理的人 |
[06:34] | offered to give Maggie a ride home. | Michael提出送Maggie回家 |
[06:36] | Oh-ho! | 啊 呵 |
[06:44] | The next morning, Michael was wondering… | 第二天早上 Michael在想 |
[06:46] | how to end his first one-night stand. | 如何给第一次一夜情收场 |
[06:50] | – Coffee? – Hi. Yes, please. Thank you. That’s great. | – 喝咖啡吗 – 嗨 好的 谢谢 真好 |
[06:53] | But you know what? I am going to have | 但是你知道 我要看看 |
[06:55] | to read that plea soon, okay? ‘Cause it’s a big case. | 那份辩诉协议 因为是个大案子 |
[06:58] | But I promise later I will call… | 我保证我晚点会打电话给 |
[07:00] | Michael struggled to follow Gob’s instruction to just walk away. | Michael很纠结要不要听从Gob的指导直接走人 |
[07:04] | I’ll… I’ll… I’ll call, okay? All right? | 我会 会打电话给你的 好吗 |
[07:07] | – Hey. Who’s this? – Oh, that’s Justice. | – 嘿 这是谁 – 哦 它是Justice |
[07:09] | – Hi, Justice. – Hi, Justice. Is he as handsome as he smells? | – 你好 Justice – Justice 他是不是又帅又好闻 |
[07:14] | I didn’t… I didn’t know that you had a dog. | 我都不知道你还有条狗 |
[07:16] | – How else am I gonna get to work? – You ride a dog to work? | – 要不然我怎么去上班 – 你骑狗去上班吗 |
[07:20] | You are funny. Let me see that smile. | 你真有趣 让我看看这笑容 |
[07:24] | Well, it’s tough with your hands in the way. | 额 你手挡住了就看不到了 |
[07:28] | – Say when. – Okay. | – 够了说停 – 好 |
[07:33] | And suddenly, Michael recalled | 突然间 Michael记起来 |
[07:34] | some non sequiturs from the night before. | 昨晚一些不合理的地方 |
[07:37] | So, tell me something personal about yourself. | 跟我说说你自己 |
[07:39] | Uh, well, I have an irreversible case of ocular retinoblastoma. | 额 好吧 我有治不好的视网膜母细胞瘤 |
[07:44] | Hey. I thought we said no more law talk. | 嘿 我以为我们不聊法律了 |
[07:46] | I really can’t see anybody right now. | 我目前不能约见什么人 |
[07:48] | Oh, well, I can’t see anybody ever. | 哦 我从来都看不见任何人 |
[07:51] | – I’m blind. – I’m wasted. | – 我瞎了 – 我醉了 |
[07:55] | Michael realized that the woman | Michael意识到这个他 |
[07:56] | he was attempting to never see again was blind… | 不打算再见的女人是个盲人 |
[07:59] | and he was overcome with guilt. | 现在他满是愧疚 |
[08:02] | – When… can we go out again? – Really? | – 我们什么时候再去约会 – 真的假的 |
[08:05] | I thought you were, like, | 我以为你是哪种 |
[08:06] | just into this one-night stand kind of thing. | 很喜欢一夜情的人 |
[08:08] | Come on. I took a blind woman | 别开玩笑 我把一个盲女带回家 |
[08:09] | home with no intention of dating her again? | 并且不打算再约她出去 |
[08:11] | Please! | 怎么可能 |
[08:17] | George Sr. Was continuing to exploit his relationship with Cindi. | 老George继续利用和Cindi的关系 |
[08:21] | What… What evidence does the government have… | 政府到底有什么证据 |
[08:25] | on old wise George, by the way? | 针对精明老道的George |
[08:27] | Oh, I hate it when you call yourself old! | 哦 真讨厌你说自己老 |
[08:30] | – You’re new to me! – Oh, that’s… that’s nice. | – 你对我来说是新人 – 哦 你真贴心 |
[08:33] | Do they have a… A file or tapes? | 他们是有文件还是录音 |
[08:37] | Oh, what’s the use? You’re married. | 唉 这有什么用 你是有妇之夫 |
[08:39] | – Yeah. Let me ask you… – We’ll never be together. | – 我知道 我问问你 – 我们永远不可能在一起 |
[08:41] | Let me ask you a question. | 我问你个问题 |
[08:42] | Let’s just go back to what we do best. | 我们还是做我们最擅长的吧 |
[08:44] | – Okay. – Tweak me. | – 好吧 – 捏我 |
[08:46] | – George – Lucille – George! – Lucille! | |
[08:49] | Hi. Uh, this is not what it looks like. | 额 事实并非如你所见 |
[08:51] | It looks like you’re | 看起来你 |
[08:52] | tweaking her nipples through a chain-link fence. | 隔着铁丝网捏她的乳头 |
[08:54] | Yep. Yeah, that’s it. | 嗯 是 是这样 |
[08:56] | Is this why you wanted to fight this thing? | 难道这就是为什么你要打这场官司 |
[08:58] | So you could run off with this great redwood of a whore? | 你可以跟这个贱人跑掉 |
[09:01] | Listen to me. She is a fan of mine. | 听着 她是我的粉丝 |
[09:04] | She has seen everything I’ve done. You understand? Everything. | 她知道我做过的一切 你懂吗 一切 |
[09:09] | Well, so have I… | 好啊 我也知道 |
[09:10] | and I’m not going to put up with it anymore. | 并且我再也忍受不了了 |
[09:13] | – Okay. – You’ll be hearing from Barry. | – 好吧 – Barry会来找你的 |
[09:15] | All right. Hon? Honey? Hon? | 好吧 亲 亲爱的 亲爱的 |
[09:19] | – Oh, God. I’m a home-wrecker. – Oh, no. | – 哦 天哪 我是个破坏家庭的人 – 不 |
[09:21] | – I never wanted to be that person. – No, no. | – 我从来都不想做这样的人 – 不 不 |
[09:23] | No. No, Cindi, it’s… Cindi? | 不 不 Cindi 这 Cindi |
[09:27] | Michael came home upset that his one-night stand wasn’t over. | Michael回到家因为一夜情没结束而闷闷不乐 |
[09:31] | You should have stayed with me last night. | 你昨晚应该和我呆一起的 |
[09:33] | You could have seen me | 你就有机会看见 |
[09:33] | get some major action from a major blonde… | 我在一个金发美女那有重大进展 |
[09:37] | who just majored in marine biology, if you know what I mean. | 她的专业是海洋生物学 你听懂我的意思吧 |
[09:40] | I don’t know what you mean. I can’t imagine what that means. | 我不懂 我都不敢想象 |
[09:43] | – I actually had a pretty interesting night myself. – Really? | – 事实上昨晚我也过得很有趣 – 真的吗 |
[09:46] | What’d you do, read the plea? | 你做了什么 读辩诉协议吗 |
[09:47] | No, I didn’t have a chance to. I went home with someone. | 不是 我压根没机会看 我和某人回家了 |
[09:50] | – What’s wrong with her? – Nothing’s wrong with her. | – 她哪里不正常 – 她没什么不正常 |
[09:56] | – She’s blind. – Are you serious? | – 她看不见 – 你说真的吗 |
[09:58] | I didn’t know at the time. | 我当时不知道 |
[09:59] | And now I’ve got to take her and her dog to the park. | 现在我得带她和她的狗狗去公园 |
[10:03] | You’ve got work to do. You’ve got to read that plea. | 你还有事要做 你得看那份辩诉协议 |
[10:05] | I know. That’s what I was trying | 我知道 这就是我昨天打算 |
[10:07] | to do last night when you put me up to all this. | 做的事情 你却害得我这样 |
[10:09] | – No, I didn’t. – Yes, you did. | – 我才没有 – 你就是有 |
[10:10] | I told you to walk away. I told you to give a fake name. | 我告诉你离开 我告诉你别说真名 |
[10:14] | I did. Thanks very much. I’m Chareth Cutestory, a pirate lawyer. | 我照做了 谢谢 我是Chareth Cutestory 一个海盗律师 |
[10:18] | – It was airtight. – Boy, | – 简直无懈可击 – 小朋友 |
[10:19] | you had to work hard to bag this blind girl, huh? | 你搞定这个瞎子女孩都花了很大力气 是吧 |
[10:21] | I certainly can’t take advantage of her now, | 我现在当然不能占她便宜了 |
[10:23] | – knowing what I know. – What? No. | – 我都知情了 – 什么 不 |
[10:24] | Michael, you can! Don’t you… | Michael 你可以 难道你 |
[10:27] | You’ve just won the gold medal at the sexual Special Olympics! | 你赢了特殊性爱奥林匹克金牌 |
[10:30] | She can’t ever find you again. | 她永远都找不到你 |
[10:32] | Don’t you see that you’re so lucky? | 难道你看不出你有多幸运 |
[10:34] | – God! How do you not s… – What’s the matter with you? | – 天哪 你怎么就那么 – 你怎么了 |
[10:37] | Didn’t you “Bag” Some woman | 你不是占有了某个 |
[10:39] | – you’re never going to see again? – Well, I screwed up. | – 你再也不会见的女人吗 – 好吧 我搞砸了 |
[10:42] | I broke a couple of my own rules last night. | 昨晚我打破了几条自己定下的规定 |
[10:44] | She knows that I’m Gob Bluth… | 我知道了我是Gob Bluth |
[10:47] | and we got married and I just… | 然后我结了婚 然后我 |
[10:49] | – What? – Well, she was a darer. | – 什么 – 她是个大冒险家 |
[10:52] | She’s one of those girls who just dares you to do things. | 她就是那种会赌你敢不敢做事的女孩 |
[10:55] | – You married her? – I needed a dare! | – 你娶了她 – 我需要这样的人 |
[10:57] | What had started as an innocent flirtation… | 一开始只是单纯的调情 |
[11:00] | had turned into a series of escalating challenges. | 演变成一系列越来越大胆的挑战 |
[11:03] | Unfortunately, the evening was draining… | 不幸的是 夜色渐晚 |
[11:05] | and the one thing they never | 他们唯一没有 |
[11:06] | dared each other to do was consummate the marriage. | 做的事就是洞房花烛 |
[11:09] | Well, guess it’s time to seal the deal. | 好了 是时候生米煮成熟饭了 |
[11:11] | Oh, wait! What time is it? Oh, God! “Seal the deal.” | 哦 等下 什么时间了 哦 天哪 完成交易 |
[11:14] | My seal deal! I gotta get to Sea Land. | 我的海豹交易 我得赶到西兰岛 |
[11:17] | I’m selling five of their sickest seals to a third-world zoo. | 我要把他们最蔫的五只海豹卖给第三世界的动物园 |
[11:20] | – Did you say seals? – Yes! | – 你是说海豹 – 是的 |
[11:21] | I told you four hours ago, I sell seals! | 我四个小时前告诉过你 我卖海豹 |
[11:24] | God! Do you ever listen to what I say? | 天哪 你到底有没有听我说话 |
[11:26] | I’m sorry I don’t memorize | 我很抱歉我没有记住 |
[11:27] | every word that comes out of your mouth. | 你嘴里蹦出来的每一个字 |
[11:28] | Sometimes I just like to think… think my thoughts. | 有时候我就喜欢想自己的事 |
[11:32] | We’ll talk about this when I get home. | 等我回到家的时候再谈 |
[11:34] | It was hot. | 太性感了 |
[11:36] | Boy, the lengths you’ll go to sleep with a woman. | 天 想想你要和这个女人一起睡多久啊 |
[11:38] | Believe me, we didn’t do any sleeping. I had sex last night. | 相信我 我们没有睡觉 我们洞房了 |
[11:42] | – But he really didn’t. – Yes, I did. | – 但其实他没有 – 是的 我做了 |
[11:45] | And later, Michael arrived for his date. | 晚些时候 Michael赶赴他的约会 |
[11:47] | – Hey! – I’m so sorry that I’m late. | – 嘿 – 对不起我迟到了 |
[11:49] | – I thought I smelled you coming. – Mm. Yeah, here I am. | – 我就觉得我闻到你来了 – 嗯 我到了 |
[11:52] | I thought so. Did you smell him? | 我就知道 你闻到他了吗 |
[11:54] | – Did you smell the handsome man, Justice? – “Handsome.” | – 你闻到这个帅气的男子了吗 Justice – “帅气” |
[11:58] | – You don’t have any evidence of handsome. – Well, that’s true. | – 你又看不到我 怎么知道我帅 – 嗯 说得没错 |
[12:00] | But I can feel handsome. | 但是我能感受到 |
[12:03] | – Mmm. – That feels handsomey. | – 嗯 – 摸着很帅哦 |
[12:06] | So you didn’t get a case of | 所以你现在不是 |
[12:07] | “I just had a one-night stand with a blind girl”-itus? | “我和一个盲女一夜情”的情况 |
[12:10] | No, of course not. One-night stand? Please! | 不 当然不是一夜情 怎么可能 |
[12:12] | This is our second date now. And I wanna see… | 这是我们第二次约会 并且我想 |
[12:15] | And I wanna see you again tonight, so, um… | 我想今晚再约你出去 所以 |
[12:17] | if it’s a one-night stand, I’m not very good at it. | 如果这是一夜情 那我也太失败了 |
[12:20] | But now, listen, aren’t you busy with the trial? | 但是现在 你不是在忙案子吗 |
[12:23] | Um, yes, of course. I’m very, | 嗯 是的 我很忙 |
[12:25] | very busy. But not too busy for you. | 很忙 但是对你肯定有空 |
[12:27] | Not too busy for a little walk right now maybe. | 也许还有时间和你一起散散步 |
[12:29] | I’ll be your Seeing Eye dog. What do you think? | 我来做你的导盲犬 怎么样 |
[12:31] | – Okay? – Oh. Should we leave Justice here? | – 好吗 – 哦 我们该把Justice留在这儿吗 |
[12:33] | Um, yes. He’ll be fine, won’t you, boy? Huh? | 嗯 他没事的 是吧孩子 |
[12:37] | Justice, stay! Stay! | Justice 呆这儿 |
[12:41] | Describe this to me, Chareth. | 跟我说说 Chareth |
[12:43] | Describe to me how beautiful the park is. | 说说这公园有多美 |
[12:46] | Oh, I wish you could see it. It’s just beautiful. | 哦 我真希望你能看得见 真是很漂亮 |
[12:50] | There’s an elderly couple walking hand in hand. | 那儿有对老夫妻手牵手散步 |
[12:52] | – They’re having a wonderful time. – Yeah? | – 他们很开心 – 嗯 |
[12:55] | “Already served, not to | “已经服刑 不超过 |
[12:57] | exceed six years but no less than three…” | 六年但不小于三年” |
[13:00] | Uh, three years is what I give them… | 额 我觉得他们还能活三年 |
[13:03] | and then one of them dies | 然后其中一个死了 |
[13:05] | and the other one is not too far behind. | 另外一个也快了 |
[13:08] | I can smell right through you, Chareth. You’re reading. | 我闻得出来 Chareth 你在读 |
[13:10] | Leash your dog, you… | 牵好你的狗 你这个[哔] |
[13:12] | – Uh, yes. – Yeah. | – 额 是的 – 嗯 |
[13:15] | And George Sr. Was working on a roadside beautification effort… | 老George正在进行监狱长Stefan Gentles |
[13:18] | brokered by Warden Stefan Gentles. | 负责的路边美化工程 |
[13:21] | – Inmate Bluth. – Yes, sir? | – 囚犯Bluth – 在 长官 |
[13:22] | I want you to know that last night… | 我要告诉你昨晚 |
[13:24] | I watched a very impressive videotape of the title Caged Wisdom. | 我看了”笼中智慧” 让我印象深刻 |
[13:28] | I was struck by the dual life of the spiritual man. | 这个圣神男人的双重生活让我很震惊 |
[13:32] | And I did very much enjoy the blooper bonus footage at the end. | 而且我很喜欢最后的花絮镜头 |
[13:37] | Well, you know, I almost | 呵呵 我真的差点 |
[13:38] | did strangle myself on my own prayer shawl. | 被我的祈祷围巾勒到 |
[13:40] | A self-choking for the ages. | 为这时代而勒 |
[13:42] | – There’s a Shasta can there you seemed to have missed. – Okay. | – 那有个沙士达罐头你漏捡了 – 好的 |
[13:46] | – Moments later, Cindi arrived. – Thank you, Warden. | – 一会儿 Cindi来了 – 谢谢你 监狱长 |
[13:48] | George! I had to see you. | George 我必须得见你 |
[13:50] | I’m sorry I left before. I just felt so awful. | 真对不起我之前离开 我感到很糟糕 |
[13:54] | But I kept thinking about us. | 但是我不停地想着我们俩 |
[13:56] | – Yes. – About our future. | – 哦 – 想我们的未来 |
[13:58] | – Yes, l… – And I know for a fact we can have one. | – 好 我 – 而且我有把握我们肯定有未来 |
[14:00] | Okay. What evidence do they have on me? | 好了 他们到底有什么证据针对我 |
[14:03] | You keep talking about a fact? | 你一直说你知道事实 |
[14:04] | You keep saying, “I know for a fact.” | 你老是说”我知道事实” |
[14:06] | – What fact? – Faith. | – 你到底有什么 – 信念 |
[14:09] | I have faith my prayers will free you. | 我坚信我的祈祷会放你自由 |
[14:13] | – Faith is not a fact! – Oh, yes, it is. | – 信念不是事实 – 哦 是的 |
[14:16] | You said so yourself in Caged Wisdom. | 你在”笼中智慧”里说的 |
[14:19] | George Sr. Had said “Faith is a fact.” | 老George是说过”信念就是事实” |
[14:22] | Unfortunately, it was in the Caged Wisdom blooper bonus footage. | 不幸的是 是在”被囚禁的智慧”的花絮镜头里 |
[14:25] | Faith is a fact. No. Faith is a facet. | 信念是事实 不 信念是一个面 |
[14:29] | I almost said faith is a fact. | 我差点说了信念就是事实 |
[14:33] | I am going to trial because you | 我马上要上庭就是因为你 |
[14:35] | don’t understand what a blooper reel is? Guard! | 不懂花絮搞笑镜头是什么 守卫 |
[14:41] | Back at the high school, George Michael ran into Maeby. | 学校那边 George Michael遇到了Maeby |
[14:44] | I got an “A.” Check it out. | 瞧 我得了A |
[14:46] | Great job. Take some more money. | 干得好 再拿些钱去 |
[14:48] | Look. I gotta go. I’m going | 我得走了 我得去 |
[14:49] | to this fund-raiser for a sick girl, okay? | 一个生病女孩的募捐会 |
[14:51] | This rang false to George Michael… | George Michael起了疑心 |
[14:53] | who knew that fund-raisers, a passion of her mother’s… | 他知道那种募捐会是她妈妈热衷的东西 |
[14:56] | were something that Maeby would avoid. | Maeby会尽量避免的 |
[14:58] | And later, at the courthouse… | 晚些时候 在法院 |
[15:01] | – Good afternoon. – Thank God. | – 下午好 – 谢天谢地 |
[15:03] | So did you read the plea? We’ve got minutes here, not hours. | 所以你看了辩诉协议吗 我们没有多少时间了 |
[15:06] | I did read it. Most of it. Um, I definitely… | 我看了 一大半 额 我肯定 |
[15:09] | definitely read this, uh… | 肯定看了 |
[15:10] | the first part of this first, uh, section. | 第一章节的第一部分 |
[15:13] | – Uh, no. Did not read it. – Oh, come on, Michael. | – 额 没 没看过这个 – 哦 不是吧 Michael |
[15:16] | How many times are you going to screw up… | 在家里其他人意识到你搞砸了之前 |
[15:17] | before the rest of this family sees you for the screwup you are? | 你还要搞砸多少次 |
[15:20] | I’m not the lawyer. All right? Why didn’t you read it? | 我又不是律师 好么 你干嘛不看 |
[15:23] | Excuse me. I got busy with my other clients. | 不好意思 我还有其他的客户要忙 |
[15:25] | – What other clients? – He doesn’t know about the divorce? | – 什么其他客户 – 他不知道离婚的事吗 |
[15:27] | – It’s an annulment. – Oh, I looked into that too. | – 只是取消婚姻 – 哦 我也查了这个 |
[15:30] | You can only get an annulment | 你只有在没完婚的情况下 |
[15:31] | if you haven’t consummated the marriage first. | 才能取消婚姻 |
[15:34] | Well, I guess I’ll just stay married then… | 好吧 看来我只好继续保持已婚 |
[15:36] | because we all know that I closed that deal, right? | 因为我们都知道我洞房了 对吧 |
[15:42] | But he really didn’t. | 但是他真的没有 |
[15:43] | – He was talking about my divorce. – Your what? | – 他说的是我离婚 – 你什么 |
[15:45] | You and Dad are getting divorced? | 你要和老爸离婚 |
[15:47] | Oh, don’t worry, sweetie. No one is fighting over you. | 哦 别担心 没人要抢你的抚养权 |
[15:50] | And don’t worry about Barry reading the plea. | 也不用担心Barry读没读辩诉协议 |
[15:53] | We’ll let your father rot in prison. | 因为我们要让你们老爸烂在监狱 |
[15:55] | Take the plea. We’re taking the plea! | 接受协议 我们接受协议 |
[15:57] | We’re going to trial, you’re going to lose, | 我们要上庭 你会输的很惨 |
[15:59] | and you’re going to stay in there. | 然后你就呆在监狱 |
[16:00] | – That’s enough, Mom. – For him? Nothing’s enough. | – 够了 妈妈 – 对他 怎么样都不为过 |
[16:04] | You’d think a man locked up in prison would be able to abstain. | 你以为一个关在监狱的男人会有自制 |
[16:08] | Your father, with his disgusting tweaking! | 你们老爸 还有他那恶心的捏法 |
[16:11] | I couldn’t breast-feed any of you kids because of that man! | 我不能喂你们母乳就是因为他 |
[16:14] | – Aww! – Shh. | – 噢 – 嘘 |
[16:16] | They still look fabulous. | 它们看起来还是很惊艳 |
[16:17] | Lucille, for God’s sakes. She was an informant. | Lucille 看在老天的份上 她是个线人 |
[16:19] | She was working for the government. | 她给政府打工 |
[16:21] | The only thing I was pumping her for was information, honey. | 我哄着她只是为了她的消息 亲爱的 |
[16:23] | An informant. Dad, are you crazy? | 线人 爸爸 你疯了吗 |
[16:25] | You’re gonna blow this whole case. | 你会毁了这个官司的 |
[16:27] | It’s blown. It’s over. It’s dead. | 已经毁了 结束了 没得救了 |
[16:28] | Take the plea. Get me out there. | 接受协议 让我出去 |
[16:31] | Lets take the plea, okay? Look. It’s so nice and thick. | 我们就接受协议吧 看 又漂亮又厚实 |
[16:34] | Oh, George, I should have never doubted you. | 哦 George 我根本不该怀疑你 |
[16:37] | Even when you slept with my sister, it was for a good reason. | 甚至你和我妹妹睡 也有个好理由 |
[16:41] | Got her to stop drinking, didn’t it? | 她没再酗酒了 不是吗 |
[16:42] | All right, listen. This is all getting a little crazy. | 好了 听着 这事越来越不可思议了 |
[16:45] | We cannot accept their conditions | 我们都不知道什么内容 |
[16:46] | if we don’t know what their conditions are. | 怎么能接受呢 |
[16:48] | Do you wanna read it? | 你想看一遍吗 |
[16:50] | Uh, no. It is thick. Why don’t we just take it? | 额 不想 太厚了 我们直接接受吧 |
[16:52] | – I could kiss you on the… – Well, let’s… What? | – 我想亲你的[哔] – 好了 让我们 什么 |
[16:56] | And so the family gathered in the courtroom… | 于是他们一起到了法庭 |
[16:58] | to announce their decision. | 宣布他们的决定 |
[17:00] | All rise. The court is now in session. | 全体起立 现在开庭 |
[17:02] | The Honorable Lionel Ping presiding. | 尊敬的Lionel Ping法官主持 |
[17:05] | Oh, we’ve got Ping again. | 哦 我们又抽到了Ping |
[17:06] | Please be seated. | 请入座 |
[17:09] | The prosecution has offered a plea? | 检方提供了辩诉协议吗 |
[17:12] | – We have, Your Honor. – We’ve got Lizer. | – 是的 法官大人 – 对方是Lizer |
[17:17] | Yes, Maggie was the most | 没错 Maggie是 |
[17:18] | feared prosecutor in all of Orange County. | 奥兰治县最恐怖的公诉人 |
[17:21] | And, therefore, I would | 因此 我希望你们 |
[17:22] | like to bring your attention to Exhibit A. | 注意下物证A |
[17:26] | Not because she was a particularly adept lawyer… | 不仅仅因为她是个很厉害的律师 |
[17:29] | but because she won the | 还因为她不仅仅能赢得 |
[17:30] | sympathy not only of the jury and the judge… | 陪审员和法官的同情 |
[17:32] | And was that man in the room, not you, Doctor? | 那个男的当时在房间里吗 医生 你不在吗 |
[17:38] | but often times, the defendants themselves. | 但经常 还能赢得被告的同情 |
[17:41] | l… I was in that room. | 我 我当时在房间 |
[17:43] | Is the defense ready to respond? | 辩方准备好回应了吗 |
[17:45] | – What are you hiding from? – You’ve got to call this off. | – 你躲什么 – 你得取消这次庭审 |
[17:48] | You gotta get more time. Get more time. She can smell me. | 你得多争取点时间 多争取点 她闻得出我 |
[17:52] | She smells everything. | 她闻得出所有事情 |
[17:57] | – Objection! – What? | – 反对 – 什么 |
[18:00] | We haven’t read it. | 我们还没看 |
[18:03] | – It’s very long, Your Honor. – Sit down! | – 太长了 法官大人 – 坐下 |
[18:05] | We haven’t read it. We’re gonna get to it. | 我们还没看 我们马上看 |
[18:07] | I’m gonna start right now. | 我现在就开始 |
[18:10] | That’s the blind chick you slept with? | 你就是和那个瞎子女人睡的啊 |
[18:12] | Michael, you’re in bed with the prosecution? | Michael 你在和公诉人上床 |
[18:14] | It’s genius. You can get all the information we need. | 太聪明了 你可以得到我们需要的信息 |
[18:18] | Wait a minute. How do we know it’s not a trap? | 等一下 我们怎么知道这不是个陷阱啊 |
[18:20] | Maybe she’s setting you up. | 也许她在陷害你 |
[18:21] | It’s not a setup, okay? She gave me her real name. | 不是陷害 好吧 她给了我真实姓名 |
[18:23] | She said that she was a lawyer. | 她说她是律师 |
[18:24] | I’m the one that lied to her. I gotta go talk to her. | 我对她说了谎 我得和她谈谈 |
[18:26] | – No! – No, Michael! You can save this family. | – 不 – 不行 Michael 你可以拯救这个家 |
[18:29] | Please! Do the right thing here. | 求你了 别做错事 |
[18:32] | String this blind girl along | 套牢这个瞎女人 |
[18:33] | so that Dad doesn’t have to pay his debt to society. | 爸爸就不用吃官司了 |
[18:36] | The solution to all our problems is | 所有问题的解决方法 |
[18:37] | staring you right in the face and it can’t even see you. | 就在你面前 而且她还看不见你 |
[18:40] | I gotta go talk to her. | 我得和她谈 |
[18:42] | Yeah, I better get back to the wife. | 是啊 我也最好回到老婆身边去 |
[18:45] | I think I’m going to take | 我觉得我要去 |
[18:46] | a scenic drive down to the City of Industry. | 工业城兜个风 |
[18:50] | And George Michael went to the fund-raiser… | George Michael去了 |
[18:51] | for the sick student Maeby had mentioned… | 为Maeby提过的生病女孩办的募捐会 |
[18:54] | but was surprised not to see Maeby there. | 但是很意外没有见到Maeby |
[18:55] | We have been blessed to have in our midst | 很幸运我们中间 |
[18:57] | a child who has shown us the meaning of courage. | 有这样一个孩子 让我们知道什么是勇气 |
[19:01] | Now let’s show her the meaning of charity. | 现在我们要让她知道什么是慈善 |
[19:05] | Please welcome… Surely Funke! | 有请Surely Funcke |
[19:07] | And that’s when George Michael realized… | 这时候George Michael意识到 |
[19:09] | Maeby had been making money by pretending to be two twin girls… | Maeby是假扮一对其中一个得病的双胞胎 |
[19:15] | Maeby Maeby? | |
[19:16] | one of whom was ill. | 赚的那些钱 |
[19:19] | Somebody get her a cupcake! | 谁拿个纸杯蛋糕给她 |
[19:21] | And Michael went to Maggie’s determined to tell the truth. | Michael去了Maggie家打算说出真相 |
[19:24] | What a surprise. Come on in. | 真意外 请进 |
[19:29] | – Hey, I’m in. Hello. Sorry. – Oh. Hey. | – 嘿 我已经进来了 不好意思 – 哦 嘿 |
[19:31] | I thought you were going to be my reader. | 我以为你要来帮我读东西 |
[19:33] | Yeah? Oh, you’re working? | 是吗 哦 你在工作吗 |
[19:35] | Yeah, I got a break. I wasn’t prepared, thanks to you. | 是的 我休息了下 我还没准备好 都因为你 |
[19:38] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[19:41] | What about you? Don’t tell me | 你呢 别告诉我 |
[19:42] | another pirate is still roaming the high seas. | 又有个海盗在公海晃荡 |
[19:48] | Uh, hey. You know, let’s make a deal. | 额 嘿 你知道吗 我们来定个规则 |
[19:51] | You don’t have to do this anymore, | 你别再摸我了 |
[19:52] | cause I’m gonna start laughing out loud. | 不然我要开始大声笑了 |
[19:53] | Okay. That’s gonna help me so much. | 好吧 那可对我没什么好处 |
[19:55] | All right. Let’s go sit down. | 好了 我们来坐下 |
[19:57] | – So, uh, Maggie. – Yeah? | – Maggie – 嗯 |
[20:00] | I am not trying a case. | 我并没有在打官司 |
[20:03] | – That’s fantastic! They settled. Great. – Well… | – 真棒 他们调解了 很好 – 好吧 |
[20:06] | Listen, I know I shouldn’t do this, but… | 听着 我知道我不该这么做 但是 |
[20:10] | but I am so behind, and I really do feel as if I can trust you. | 我落下很多了 我也觉得我可以信任你 |
[20:16] | Yeah? What is this? | 是吗 这是什么 |
[20:16] | Well, you ought to know. You can see. | 你应该知道啊 你看得见 |
[20:21] | Maggie Maggie! | |
[20:22] | – What is it? Seriously. – Well, basically… | – 这是什么 说真的 – 基本上 |
[20:24] | it’s an overview of the government’s | 这是政府状告 |
[20:26] | case against the Bluth family. | 布鲁斯家族案子的概述 |
[20:28] | It’s a summary of absolutely everything we’ve got. | 这是我们掌握的所有东西的总结 |
[20:31] | And you’re just going to give it to me? | 而你就这么给我了 |
[20:33] | You’re a lawyer. What do you think? | 你是个律师 你觉得怎么样 |
[20:36] | Do we have a case? | 这个官司好打么 |
[20:38] | Oh My God! | 苍天啊 |
[20:40] | On the next Arrested Development. | 接下来的<发展受阻> |
[20:42] | Maeby attempts to deposit her check. | Maeby想把支票存起来 |
[20:46] | – Gob adapts to married life. – Unbelievable! | – Gob适应婚姻生活 – 真不敢相信 |
[20:49] | The seal deal fell through. | 海豹买卖没做成 |
[20:50] | Three of the seals died on their way to Chad. | 运去乍得的路上三只海豹死了 |
[20:53] | How am I ever gonna find a maritime lawyer? | 要我去哪里找个海事律师 |
[20:55] | – I’m sorry, did you say “Seals”? – Yes! | – 对不起 你说了”海豹”吗 – 是的 |
[20:56] | I trade trained seals for a living. | 我以卖受训海豹为生 |
[20:58] | – Do you ever listen? – Do you ever stop talking? | – 你都不听我讲话的吗 – 你什么时候能不讲话 |
[21:01] | Tobias is sent to break into Maggie’s house to steal evidence. | Tobias被派闯进Maggie家偷取证据 |
[21:11] | Only to discover that she’s not blind. | 却发现了她并不是瞎子 |