时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:41] | 1,290 square feet. | 1290平方英尺 |
[00:43] | Let’s call it 13 with the balcony. | 加上阳台差不多1300平方英尺 |
[00:45] | One and a half bathrooms. | 卫生间是一个大间和一个小间 |
[00:46] | That means it’s a full bath and a powder room. | 也就是完整设施的卫生间加化妆室 |
[00:49] | Two bedrooms, 11th floor, | 两间卧室 11层楼 |
[00:51] | one parking spot with an option for a second. | 一个车位 也可以选两个车位 |
[00:53] | And at $28,000, | 价格是28000美元 |
[00:55] | I do believe that was everything on your list. | 我认为您的所有需求都已经满足了 |
[00:59] | It’s a little farther east than I wanted. | 这里比我想要的位置更往东了一点 |
[01:02] | In fact, it’s about as far east as you could go. | 事实上 这里已经是城市的最东面了 |
[01:04] | You can see the highway from the corner. | 从那个角都能看到高速公路了 |
[01:06] | You can see the river. | 你也可以看见河 |
[01:07] | And who needs Central Park | 能时刻闻到海洋的气息 |
[01:08] | when you can smell the ocean | 和香喷喷的匈牙利面包味 |
[01:09] | and the Hungarian bakeries? | 谁还会留恋中央公园呢 |
[01:11] | Believe me, when they finish the Second Avenue subway, | 相信我 等纽约地铁第二大道线完工 |
[01:13] | this apartment will quadruple in value. | 这房子的价值能翻四倍 |
[01:17] | Oh, that’s Barbara. | 芭芭拉来了 |
[01:18] | You let me do the talking. | 我来和她交涉 |
[01:23] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我来晚了 |
[01:25] | It’s quite a hike between First and York. | 第一大道走到约克大道够远的 |
[01:28] | It’s got to be longer than a normal block. | 比普通的街区要远 |
[01:30] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么认为 |
[01:31] | We just got started. | 我们刚开始 |
[01:34] | What do you think? | 你觉得如何 |
[01:35] | I think no one’s gonna catch that doorman napping. | 我觉得门卫倒是够警惕的 |
[01:38] | I left your name. | 我留过你的名字 |
[01:41] | It’s got a doorman. | 竟然有门卫 |
[01:43] | I was telling Peggy that an offer is coming in at asking price. | 我刚和佩奇说有其他买主已经出过价了 |
[01:46] | We’d have to beat it. | 我们得比那个价格高才行 |
[01:47] | So it’s in your best interest to be decisive | 所以你们最好果断一点 |
[01:49] | and take this property seriously. | 认真考虑一下这个房子 |
[01:51] | Well, okay, but it’s not my decision. | 好的 反正做决定的不是我 |
[01:55] | Ginny, we are taking this seriously. | 金妮 我们在认真考虑 |
[01:57] | What Abe means is– | 艾博的意思是 |
[01:58] | I’m more her trusted advisor. | 我更像是她信赖的顾问 |
[02:00] | An interested party. | 是有利害关系的当事人 |
[02:03] | Oh. I see. | 好吧 我懂了 |
[02:04] | I, uh, misunderstood. | 我之前误会了 |
[02:07] | I’m going to flush that toilet again. | 我再去冲一下厕所 |
[02:13] | She didn’t know I wasn’t the buyer? | 她不知道买房的不是我吗 |
[02:15] | So all this time she was just being rude. | 也就是说她是故意无礼的 |
[02:17] | Forget about her. | 别管她了 |
[02:20] | Is it too far east? | 这儿是不是太靠东了 |
[02:43] | Dinner. | 晚餐好了 |
[02:51] | Bobby, Sally, let’s go. | 博比 萨丽 过来吃饭 |
[03:02] | Look at you two. Heading to the track? | 瞧瞧你们 是要出远门吗 |
[03:07] | Where are you going? | 你们要去哪 |
[03:08] | DC, if Jonesy can find a cab. | 华盛顿 如果乔纳西能叫到出租车的话 |
[03:10] | Hope you’re not in a rush. | 希望你们不赶时间 |
[03:11] | We have a car coming. | 有车会来接我们 |
[03:12] | 6:30? We should have done that. | 6:30的票吗 我们也该提前叫车的 |
[03:14] | We’re not going to miss the train. | 我们不会错过火车的 |
[03:16] | Where are you going? | 你们要去哪 |
[03:19] | They said DC. | 他们说了去华盛顿 |
[03:22] | I mean, why are you going? | 我是想问 去那儿所为何事 |
[03:24] | Arnie was invited last minute to give a keynote address. | 阿诺临时被邀请做个主题致辞 |
[03:27] | Did you have to tell him it was last minute? | 你非得告诉他是临时找我去的吗 |
[03:29] | I guess the point is somebody more important fell out. | 明显是更重要的人物临时去不了了 |
[03:32] | It’s a very distinguished group. | 在场的嘉宾都很杰出 |
[03:33] | And you must have been at least as important. | 所以你一定也是重要人物 |
[03:37] | Either way, it sounds like | 不管怎样 那都正好 |
[03:38] | a good excuse for a weekend in Washington. | 让你们有机会去华盛顿度个周末 |
[03:41] | Yes. Come Monday morning, it’ll all be a dream. | 是的 到周一清晨 就又如梦一场 |
[03:45] | We should really go away. | 我们真的得走了 |
[03:47] | Looks like you’re going somewhere fun now. | 看起来你们要去某个有意思的地方啊 |
[03:49] | We are. Megan’s up for an award. | 确实 梅根准备去领奖 |
[03:51] | Good for you. | 恭喜 |
[03:53] | Maybe tomorrow you’ll be calling the producers | 也许明天你就该给制片人打电话 |
[03:54] | and asking for a raise. | 让他给你加薪 |
[03:55] | No, it’s for advertising. | 不 是广告的奖 |
[03:57] | The Ad Club of New York. | 纽约广告俱乐部 |
[03:59] | – Paul Newman’s coming. – My goodness. | -大明星保罗·纽曼会出席 -我的天 |
[04:02] | You’re really good at everything. | 你可真是多才多艺 |
[04:03] | I was just a name on the team. | 我只是团队中的一份子 |
[04:07] | There’s the car. | 车来了 |
[04:09] | Well, break a leg. | 祝你好运 |
[04:13] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[04:15] | And, Don… | 对了 唐 |
[04:18] | we’re going to DC. | 我们要去的地方是华盛顿 |
[04:33] | Hey, Pop, I– | 爸爸 我 |
[04:36] | I’m sorry. Am I interrupting something? | 抱歉 我打扰到你们了吗 |
[04:38] | We were waiting for you. | 我们在等你 |
[04:40] | Look, miss, | 听着 小姐 |
[04:41] | whatever he told you we were interested in, | 不管他告诉你我们有什么样的相似爱好 |
[04:42] | we’re not. | 事实都不是那样 |
[04:44] | See how funny he is? | 瞧见他多有趣了吧 |
[04:45] | Now, don’t be rude. This is Beverly Farber. | 别失礼 这位是比弗丽·法博 |
[04:48] | She is Chaim Farber’s daughter. | 是海亚姆·法博的女儿 |
[04:51] | I’m– our dads, they play chess together. | 我 我们的父亲是棋友 |
[04:54] | Well, I… it’s nice to meet you. | 我 很高兴认识你 |
[05:01] | And now that you’re home from a busy day on Madison Avenue, | 你忙了一天 现在从麦迪逊大道回来了 |
[05:04] | I think you should go out and have some dinner. | 我觉得你们应该出去吃晚饭 |
[05:07] | What? | 什么 |
[05:11] | Maybe we should do this another time. | 不如改天吧 |
[05:13] | Nonsense. There’s no time like the present. | 不行 择日不如撞日 |
[05:16] | You both should have some fun. | 你们都应该好好放松一下 |
[05:18] | She’s a schoolteacher. She works all the time. | 她是老师 每天都很忙 |
[05:21] | I need to shave, change my clothes, prepare. | 我得刮胡子 换衣服 准备一下 |
[05:23] | I mean, look at her. She had a jump on me. | 我是说 你看看她 她提前打扮好了 |
[05:26] | I did. | 是的 |
[05:28] | I was led to believe that you knew about this. | 他们让我相信 你是知道这事的 |
[05:31] | Why did you tell her that? | 你为什么这么跟她说 |
[05:32] | What’s the difference? | 有什么区别 |
[05:34] | Look at her. I’m obviously doing you a disservice. | 瞧瞧她 说得像我在给你帮倒忙一样 |
[05:42] | At least we’re close to the kitchen. | 至少我们离厨房很近 |
[05:45] | It’s not fair that all the big agencies are up front. | 大公司都排在前面 太不公平了 |
[05:47] | Closer to their trophies. | 那样才离他们的奖杯近 |
[05:49] | But at least we’re gonna eat before them. | 至少我们能比他们先吃 |
[05:53] | Oh, I see Peggy back there. We should go say hello. | 我看到佩奇了 我们应该去打个招呼 |
[05:55] | I’m gonna wait for the group. | 我在这里等其他人 |
[05:57] | You can’t avoid her forever. | 你没法永远躲着她 |
[05:58] | I’m not. | 我没躲 |
[06:00] | Tell her that no matter what, | 告诉她无论如何 |
[06:01] | her laxative radio spot is the sentimental favorite. | 她通便剂的广告都是我的最爱 |
[06:14] | Hello, stranger. | 你好 陌生人 |
[06:15] | I was hoping I’d see you. | 我就想着能见到你呢 |
[06:18] | You know, other than on TV. | 不是在电视上见 |
[06:20] | You don’t watch. | 你又不看我的剧 |
[06:21] | My mother and sister do. | 我妈和我姐看的 |
[06:22] | Really? Do they hate me? | 真的吗 她们讨厌我吗 |
[06:25] | Oh, just a minute. | 稍等一下 |
[06:26] | Megan, I want you to meet Jim Cutler. | 梅根 我想向你引荐一下吉姆·卡特勒 |
[06:29] | He’s the president of CGC. | 他是CGC公司的总裁 |
[06:30] | This is Megan Draper. She’s also a finalist. | 这位是梅根·德雷柏 也是入围者 |
[06:33] | You must be Don’s wife. | 你应该就是唐的夫人了 |
[06:35] | When I started out, they didn’t make copywriters like you. | 在我那个年代 可没有像你这样的文案 |
[06:38] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[06:43] | He’s the head of accounts. | 他是业务主管 |
[06:45] | He’s like Roger with bad breath. | 他就像罗杰 不过有口臭 |
[06:47] | So he knows who you are. It must be going well. | 既然他认识你 你一定混得不错了 |
[06:49] | If I survive tonight. | 前提是我能活过今晚 |
[06:51] | CGC has no other finalists. | CGC公司没有其它入围者 |
[06:54] | Other– they have none. | 一个都没 |
[06:56] | I only came because it seemed important to Don. | 我来只是因为那似乎对唐很重要 |
[06:58] | I bet it is. We’re the only finalists from SCDP | 那当然了 斯库德普公司只有我们两个入围 |
[07:02] | and neither of us work there anymore. | 我们还都已经辞职了 |
[07:03] | My work was for beans | 我是为亨氏烘豆做的文案 |
[07:05] | and they aren’t even a client anymore. | 他们现在都不是我们的客户了 |
[07:08] | I don’t want to talk about this. | 我不想说这个 |
[07:09] | I want to talk about my apartment. | 我想说说我的公寓 |
[07:11] | I made an offer today. I think we’re gonna be neighbors. | 我今天付了订金 我们要做邻居了 |
[07:13] | 84th and York. | 84街和约克街交叉处 |
[07:15] | You’re buying a place? | 你买房子了吗 |
[07:16] | Well, I paid off my debts and helped out my mother | 我还清了所有债务 也帮我母亲解了围 |
[07:19] | and it turns out I still have this tax problem. | 结果还是有些税务问题 |
[07:22] | Don’t apologize, Peggy. You deserve it. | 别这样 佩奇 那是你应得的 |
[07:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:27] | I should get back. | 我该回去了 |
[07:29] | I have to walk all the way down to the front. | 我获奖了得一路走到最前面 |
[07:33] | You’re terrible. | 你太坏了 |
[07:38] | These are the worst seats in the room. | 这里是全会场最差的位置了 |
[07:39] | Don Draper, this is Randall Walsh. | 唐·德雷柏 这位是兰道尔·沃什 |
[07:41] | A pleasure to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[07:43] | Randy here is in insurance | 兰迪是做保险的 |
[07:44] | and he wants to come in for an official visit. | 他想找个时间正式登门造访 |
[07:46] | Look, man, | 听着 二位 |
[07:46] | it’s not like we’re not supposed to talk about business here. | 我们其实也可以就在这里谈嘛 |
[07:49] | You want a presentation right now? | 你想现在就看创意展示吗 |
[07:51] | I don’t think we’ll interrupt the proceedings, | 我猜也不会干扰到活动的正常进行 |
[07:52] | wherever they are. | 鬼知道安排了些什么 |
[07:53] | I just thought you two should meet. | 我就是想让你们先见一面 |
[07:55] | We’ve already met. | 我们已经见过了 |
[07:57] | In fact, I’m pretty sure we’ve had this meeting already, too. | 实际上 我觉得我们连会议都开完了 |
[07:59] | And it went well. | 而且很顺利 |
[08:02] | So where’s our check? | 那就该付钱了 |
[08:04] | – He’s solid. – Okay, Randy. | -他很厉害 -好吧 兰迪 |
[08:06] | Go get back in your cage. | 回你的”笼子”里去吧 |
[08:10] | – What was that? – Don’t worry about it. | -那话什么意思 -你就别管了 |
[08:17] | Have no fear. | 待会儿别害怕 |
[08:18] | They’re gonna fire off a cannon when the atrocities begin. | 当”暴行”开始时 他们会鸣炮示意的 |
[08:21] | Hello all. You remember my wife Nan. | 各位 还记得我夫人南吧 |
[08:22] | Hello, everyone. | 大家好 |
[08:24] | Good luck. | 祝你们好运 |
[08:25] | I told you, Nan, | 我不是告诉你了吗 南 |
[08:26] | Peggy’s the only one competing. | 只有佩奇入围了 |
[08:29] | Well, I didn’t know what else to say. | 我不知道还能说什么 |
[08:33] | So you probably figured out by now that you didn’t win. | 你大概也知道你最终不会获奖了 |
[08:36] | – Ted. – But it doesn’t matter, because next year you will. | -泰德 -没关系 明年你一定得奖 |
[08:39] | – Ted. – And the year after. Just a second, honey. | -泰德 -后年也是 亲爱的 稍等 |
[08:43] | Hey, man, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[08:45] | Oh, I’m in your seat. | 我坐了你的位置 |
[08:46] | Nan, you wanted to see Paul Newman. | 南 你想见保罗·纽曼 |
[08:48] | Here he is. | 就是他了 |
[08:51] | – Here you go. – Thank you. | -给 -谢谢 |
[08:53] | Ladies and gentlemen, we would like to welcome you | 女士们先生们 欢迎你们参加 |
[08:56] | to the Advertising Club of New York’s | 纽约广告俱乐部所举办的 |
[08:58] | Fourth Annual ANDY Awards for Excellence in Advertising. | 第4届安迪奖广告行业的颁奖礼 |
[09:13] | So you like kids? | 你喜欢孩子吗 |
[09:15] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[09:17] | I was asking because you’re a teacher, | 我这么问是因为你是老师 |
[09:19] | but I realize how that could sound like something else. | 但我突然意识到那似乎有歧义 |
[09:22] | I’m a student teacher. | 我是实习教师 |
[09:23] | I’m getting my master’s at Hunter. | 我在亨特大学读硕士 |
[09:27] | And, yes, I like kids. Some kids. | 还有 我喜欢孩子 有些孩子 |
[09:31] | I just really can’t believe he brought you to the apartment. | 我没想到他会把你带家里去 |
[09:33] | Stop saying that. You don’t know where I live. | 别这么说 你又不知道我住哪 |
[09:36] | Well, it’s kind of early to find out, isn’t it? | 现在就问你住址未免太早了 不是吗 |
[09:41] | Yes, I suppose it is. | 是啊 我想确实如此 |
[09:43] | I don’t know what you’re expecting. | 我不知道你心中期待怎样的场景 |
[09:44] | I mean, a couple of alter kockers | 我是说 几个无聊的老家伙 |
[09:46] | arrange a little meeting like this, | 安排像这样的相亲 |
[09:47] | it sounds very old world. | 听上去像欧洲旧世界的事 |
[09:49] | But it doesn’t feel like it. | 但却没有那种感觉 |
[09:50] | I mean, you’re a sexy girl and you smell great. | 我是说 你很性感 浑身充满芳香 |
[09:53] | You don’t need to be set up. | 你不需要别人介绍相亲 |
[09:54] | And I sure as hell didn’t arrange this. | 显然这一切不是我安排的 |
[09:56] | I’m sure my father told you what a Lothario I am, but I’m not. | 我敢说我爸一定跟你说我是个浪子 但我不是 |
[09:58] | I’m very anxious about it. | 我对此也很愁 |
[09:59] | I’ve never had sex, not even once. | 我从没做过爱 一次都没有 |
[10:05] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:10] | What am I doing? | 我在干什么呢 |
[10:11] | I ordered soup, I just said that. | 我点的是汤 又说了莫名其妙的话 |
[10:15] | Michael… | 迈克 |
[10:16] | I’m just doing a favor for my parents. | 我只是不想拂了我父母的好意 |
[10:20] | Tonight will not be the night. | 我们今晚不会发生什么的 |
[10:24] | And I saw a picture of you | 我见过一张你的照片 |
[10:27] | and, honestly, you’re very handsome. | 老实说 你非常英俊 |
[10:30] | And I’m obviously very shallow. | 而我显然非常肤浅 |
[10:35] | I am? | 我真的英俊吗 |
[10:36] | You must have heard that before. | 你之前肯定也被别人夸过吧 |
[10:40] | So… | 那么 |
[10:43] | do you make a lot of money teaching? | 你教书赚的钱多吗 |
[10:45] | No. | 不多 |
[10:46] | Ladies and gentlemen, Paul Newman. | 女士们先生们 有请保罗·纽曼 |
[10:59] | Good evening. I am Paul Newman. | 晚上好 我是保罗·纽曼 |
[11:01] | The Advertising Club of New York | 纽约广告社 |
[11:04] | has been kind enough to let me say a few words here tonight. | 好意邀请我今晚在此发表讲话 |
[11:07] | And I want to make one thing clear from the very start. | 我想在开始之前说明一点 |
[11:11] | – I need binoculars. – Shh. | -我需要个望远镜 -嘘 |
[11:13] | I’m not here because I’m an actor. | 我来到这里不是因为我是个演员 |
[11:15] | We invited him because he’s an actor. | 我们邀请他来 就因为他是个演员 |
[11:17] | I’m here because I’ve got six kids | 我来到这里是因为我有6个孩子 |
[11:19] | and I’m worried about their future. | 我很担心他们的未来 |
[11:20] | That’s not an actor, that’s a speck. | 站在那儿的不是个演员 就是个小黑点 |
[11:21] | Gene McCarthy stood up to Lyndon Johnson | 吉恩·麦卡锡在鲍比·肯尼迪之前 |
[11:24] | before Bobby Kennedy. | 就曾与林顿·约翰逊角逐总统之位 |
[11:26] | The others backed into the election | 其他人从选举中退下 |
[11:28] | with their fingers to the wind, | 内心却在观望政治风向 |
[11:29] | thinking of their own career | 一心想着自己的事业 |
[11:31] | when the nation was in critical need of a hero. | 而此时国家正急切需要一位英雄 |
[11:34] | I know Bobby Kennedy, | 我认识鲍比·肯尼迪 |
[11:36] | but I’m supporting Gene McCarthy | 但我支持吉恩·麦卡锡 |
[11:38] | for President of the United States. | 当选为美国总统 |
[11:48] | Mr. Newman, sir. | 纽曼先生 |
[11:49] | Do you know, Mr. Newman, sir, that Martin Luther King is dead? | 纽曼先生 你知道马丁·路德·金死了吗 |
[11:52] | What have you to say? | 你有什么要说的吗 |
[11:57] | No, that can’t be. | 不 那不可能的吧 |
[12:00] | Who the hell said that? | 刚刚是谁他妈说的 |
[12:03] | How awful. | 真是太可怕了 |
[12:09] | If I could have your attention for a moment, please. | 请大家都静一静 听我说 |
[12:11] | A moment of your attention. | 请大家安静听我说 |
[12:13] | Not wanting to interrupt the festivities, | 由于不想打断此次的欢庆盛宴 |
[12:16] | we hoped to keep this news until the end of the event. | 我们本打算活动结束后再告诉大家的 |
[12:19] | As it stands, let’s take 10 minutes | 既然如此 我们就给大家10分钟时间 |
[12:23] | to talk out this terrible event | 来谈谈这一可怕的事件 |
[12:26] | and then resume the program. | 然后继续我们的活动 |
[12:33] | What do you think happened? | 你觉得是怎么回事 |
[12:35] | – What do you think? – Come on. | -你说呢 -来吧 |
[12:45] | I guess Puerto Rico. | 我觉得是波多黎各吧 |
[12:47] | But who has time? | 但谁有时间呢 |
[12:51] | Your father says you’ve even written some billboards. | 你父亲说你的广告文案曾被挂上公告牌 |
[12:53] | That must be exciting. | 那一定很令人激动吧 |
[12:55] | You’d think so, but they usually change it so much | 外人都这样以为 但他们其实改了很多 |
[12:57] | by the time they put it up there, | 等到挂上去的时候 |
[12:58] | it just makes you angry every time you walk by. | 你每次走过都只会觉得愤怒 |
[13:00] | In Memphis, Tennessee, | 在田纳西州孟菲斯市 |
[13:01] | after being shot in the face by an unknown assailant | 他刚刚被一名不明杀手击中面部 |
[13:04] | on the balcony in front of a downtown hotel a short while ago. | 在市中心一家酒店的阳台上倒下了 |
[13:08] | Associated Press says Assistant Police Chief | 美联社称孟菲斯市副警察局长 |
[13:11] | Henry Lux of Memphis confirmed Dr. King’s death. | 亨利·莱克斯已确认金博士的死亡 |
[13:14] | Reverend Dr. King, | 金牧师 |
[13:16] | – winner of the Nobel Peace Prize… – Oh, my God. | -作为诺贝尔和平奖的获得者 -天啊 |
[13:17] | – …was 39 years old. – They had to do it. | -享年39岁 -他们非得下手不可 |
[13:19] | He was in Memphis to lead demonstrations | 他前往孟菲斯市准备领导示威游行 |
[13:21] | in sympathy with a prolonged strike by municipal garbage men, | 以声援由清洁工发起的旷日持久的罢工 |
[13:25] | most of them Negro. | 其中大多数都是黑人 |
[13:26] | Police at last report were still looking for | 据最新消息 警方仍在寻找 |
[13:29] | a young white male | 一名年轻白人男性 |
[13:30] | who was seen running from the scene of the shooting | 曾有人目击他逃离枪击案现场 |
[13:32] | and reportedly dropped the weapon in flight. | 在飞奔中扔掉了凶器 |
[13:35] | What are you doing in here? | 你们在这儿干什么 |
[13:37] | Thought you’d be by the set. | 我以为你们会坐在电视前呢 |
[13:38] | She won’t let us watch. | 她不肯让我们看 |
[13:39] | Because who knows what they’re going to show? | 谁知道他们会播放什么样的画面 |
[13:43] | You don’t have to go. | 你其实不必去的 |
[13:44] | Betty, they’re gonna burn down the city. | 贝蒂 他们都快要烧城了 |
[13:49] | Everything’s fine. I have to go help the mayor. | 一切都没事 我得去协助市长 |
[13:52] | Please be careful. | 你千万要当心 |
[13:56] | – And call me. – We repeat, | -记得给我打电话 -我们再重复一遍 |
[13:58] | Dr. Martin Luther King, America’s nonviolent civil rights… | 马丁·路德·金博士 美国非暴力民权勇士 |
[14:03] | What is taking so long? | 怎么打了这么久 |
[14:05] | There are other people here who need to make calls. | 这么多人都在等着打电话呢 |
[14:09] | They shot him in the face in Memphis. | 他们在孟菲斯市对他一枪爆头 |
[14:13] | Do they know who? | 查出凶手是谁了吗 |
[14:14] | Come on, they didn’t catch him yet, but you know who. | 他们还没抓住行凶者 但你能猜到是谁 |
[14:17] | Listen, Jimmy says they can get me a photographer | 听着 吉米说如果我能赶去市郊 |
[14:19] | if I can get uptown. | 他们可以找一名摄影师配合我 |
[14:21] | No, it’s not a good idea. | 不 你不能去 |
[14:23] | It’s the “New York Times.” | 那可是《纽约时报》 |
[14:25] | – And what? – It’s a huge story. | -所以呢 -那可是篇重要报道 |
[14:33] | Don’t do anything stupid. | 别干蠢事 |
[14:34] | Peggy, it’s too late. | 佩奇 现在太晚了 |
[14:35] | I’m going to Harlem in a tuxedo. | 我要穿着晚礼服去哈莱姆黑人区了 |
[14:44] | I can’t believe this. | 我真觉得难以置信 |
[14:46] | Abe just went uptown for work. | 艾博刚为工作赶去了市郊 |
[14:49] | I’m sick and I don’t even know how I’m gonna get home. | 我真难受 我都不知道怎么回家 |
[14:52] | We’ll give you a ride. | 我们送你 |
[14:54] | I’m tired of waiting for a phone. I’m going home. | 我懒得排队打电话了 我回家了 |
[14:59] | What are we doing? They’re really still having the awards? | 我们在干什么 他们真的还要颁奖吗 |
[15:03] | What else are we gonna do? | 我们还能做什么 |
[15:15] | Look, I’m sure it’s hard to sleep. | 听着 我知道今夜很难入睡 |
[15:18] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[15:22] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[15:23] | I didn’t do it. It peeled off. | 不是我弄的 它自己掉的 |
[15:26] | Why are you destroying this house? | 你为什么要摧毁我们家房子 |
[15:30] | You can’t do this. | 你不能这么做 |
[15:31] | I didn’t do anything. | 我什么也没做 |
[15:35] | I don’t want to talk about it now. | 我现在不想说 |
[15:40] | Please just go to sleep. | 快睡吧 |
[15:44] | …the Civil Rights Movement | …民权运动 |
[15:45] | has been shot to death in Memphis, Tennessee. | 在田纳西州孟菲斯市被枪杀 |
[15:48] | Police have issued an all-points bulletin… | 警方已发布全境通缉… |
[15:51] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[15:54] | How are you? | 你还好吗 |
[15:59] | Not good. | 不好 |
[16:01] | I don’t know why I’m so surprised. | 我不知为何自己这么惊讶 |
[16:04] | It’s shameful. | 太可耻了 |
[16:06] | Listen, I… | 听着 我… |
[16:09] | I don’t want you and Tammy to be alone. | 我不希望你和塔米无人陪伴 |
[16:11] | I could come out and sleep there tonight if you want. | 如果你愿意 我可以过来睡你那里 |
[16:17] | No, I– | 不 我… |
[16:20] | We’ll be fine. | 我们没事的 |
[16:23] | Well, I want to see Tammy. | 我想见塔米 |
[16:25] | Is she all right? | 她还好吗 |
[16:27] | She doesn’t know what’s going on. | 她还不明白发生了什么 |
[16:30] | No, of course. | 对 当然 |
[16:33] | I’ll see you on Saturday. | 周六再见 |
[16:36] | No, I’ll just tell my parents | 不 我会告诉父母 |
[16:37] | you couldn’t get out of the city. | 你没法离开市里 |
[16:39] | Or I’ll just cancel it altogether. | 或者把活动都取消算了 |
[16:44] | Trudy. | 特鲁迪 |
[16:45] | What? | 怎么 |
[16:49] | I don’t want you to be worried. | 我不希望你担惊受怕 |
[16:52] | Okay. | 好的 |
[16:53] | In a nationwide television address, | 在全国电视讲话中 |
[16:55] | President Johnson expressed the nation’s shock. | 约翰逊总统表达了震惊之情 |
[16:59] | Good night, Peter. | 晚安 皮特 |
[17:02] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[17:04] | …of Dr. Martin Luther King. | …马丁·路德·金博士 |
[17:07] | I ask every citizen | 我督促所有公民 |
[17:09] | to reject the blind violence | 不要有盲目的暴力行为 |
[17:13] | that has struck Dr. King, | 尽管金博士正是命丧其下 |
[17:15] | who lived by nonviolence. | 但他一直倡导非暴力 |
[17:21] | Pop, wake up. | 爸爸 醒醒 |
[17:23] | What time is it? | 几点了 |
[17:25] | What are you doing home so early? | 你怎么回来这么早 |
[17:26] | We cut it short. | 我们提前结束了 |
[17:28] | Martin Luther King got killed. | 马丁·路德·金被杀了 |
[17:42] | …try and cool things down. | …以平息事态 |
[17:44] | In Boston, according to police reports, | 在波士顿 据警方报告 |
[17:46] | a large crowd of Negroes stoned six police cruisers | 一大群黑人在罗克斯伯里黑人住宅区 |
[17:48] | near a Negro housing project in the Roxbury section. | 用石块袭击了6辆警车 |
[17:51] | And there was a clash between police and young Negroes | 今晚 在罗利市区的主街道上 |
[17:54] | in Raleigh’s main downtown streets tonight. | 警察与年轻黑人发生冲突 |
[17:57] | The latest report of trouble comes from Washington, DC, | 最大的骚乱来自华盛顿特区 |
[17:59] | where stores along a six-block area | 6条街区的商铺 |
[18:01] | were broken into late this evening. | 今天傍晚被打劫 |
[18:04] | Earlier President Johnson went on nationwide television | 早些时候 约翰逊总统发表全国电视讲话 |
[18:06] | to express his shock and personal grief at the tragedy. | 表达了他对这起悲剧的震惊和悲痛 |
[18:14] | 我不想说了 爸爸 晚安 | |
[18:17] | …looking subdued and grim at the thought | …此事件对一个 |
[18:18] | of what this act could mean in a country | 种族关系本已紧张的国家 |
[18:20] | already taut with racial tension. | 意味着形势的加剧 |
[18:22] | He said he applauded the escalation of decay. | 他说他为资本主义的衰败不断升级而鼓掌 |
[18:26] | So sick of that Marxist bullshit. | 真受不了他的马克思主义屁话 |
[18:29] | So far it’s only looting in Harlem, | 目前只有哈莱姆黑人住宅区有抢劫 |
[18:31] | but a lot of places are on fire. | 但很多地方都着火了 |
[18:35] | Well, it’s raining. | 下雨了 |
[18:37] | Do you think your secretary is okay? | 你觉得你的黑人秘书还好吗 |
[18:40] | Sylvia and Arnold are in DC. | 希维娅和阿诺德在华盛顿 |
[18:43] | My father just hides behind his intellect. | 我父亲用自己的学识做挡箭牌 |
[18:46] | He doesn’t want to feel any emotions. | 他不想感受任何情感 |
[18:50] | Let’s watch inside. | 我们进卧室看吧 |
[18:51] | Maybe we can fall asleep. | 也许我们能睡着 |
[18:59] | 1967年纽约广告设计学会 安迪杰出表现奖 梅根·德雷柏 | |
[19:15] | Am I disturbing you? | 我打扰到你了吗 |
[19:16] | No. I’m not gonna judge you if you want a drink. | 没 如果你想喝一杯 我不会怪你 |
[19:18] | The man knew how to talk. | 那家伙口才一流 |
[19:20] | I don’t know why, but I thought that would save him. | 不知为何 我以为他的口才能救他 |
[19:23] | I thought it would solve the whole thing. | 我以为一切都会解决 |
[19:27] | Oh, I don’t know if he just wants to hold hands, | 我不知道他是不是想找找安慰 |
[19:30] | but my insurance friend from last night, he called. | 但昨晚我那个保险业的朋友 他打电话了 |
[19:33] | He wants to come in at 3:00. | 他3点要过来 |
[19:34] | I’ll have Caroline remind you since you’re on your own. | 你秘书不在 我会让卡罗琳提醒你 |
[19:37] | Could you get the door? | 你能关下门吗 |
[19:51] | Yes, actually, I’m trying to reach Dr. Rosen. | 是 我想找罗森医生 |
[19:54] | No, I’m not a patient. | 不 我不是病人 |
[19:56] | I just know that he’s in Washington and– | 我知道他在华盛顿 |
[20:01] | Well, I was concerned. | 我很担心 |
[20:03] | I’m his neighbor. | 我是他的邻居 |
[20:08] | Oh, well, if you do reach him, | 如果你能联系上他 |
[20:11] | just say… | 就说… |
[20:15] | Actually, no message. I’ll try later. | 算了 不必留言了 我晚点再打 |
[20:28] | Oh, you’re here. | 你在这里啊 |
[20:29] | I’m sorry. There’s no reception out there. | 抱歉 前台没有人 |
[20:32] | No, I just– I didn’t expect you to come in. | 不 我只是…没想到你会来 |
[20:36] | I kept calling and no one answered. | 我打了好多通电话都没人接 |
[20:38] | We went out to my aunt’s in Newark. | 我们去我姨家了 在纽瓦克市 |
[20:40] | Why would you do that? | 你们为什么去那里 |
[20:41] | My mother wanted to be with her sister. | 我母亲想和她姐姐在一起 |
[20:45] | Abe said it could have been a lot worse. | 艾博说事情原本可能会更糟 |
[20:51] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[21:00] | I knew it was going to happen. | 我早就知道会发生这种事 |
[21:02] | He knew it was going to happen. | 他也知道会发生这种事 |
[21:05] | But it’s not gonna stop anything. | 但那阻止不了任何事 |
[21:12] | And these fools running in the streets– | 那些白痴们在大街上闹事 |
[21:15] | it’s exactly what he didn’t want. | 正是他不想看到的 |
[21:18] | You should go home. | 你该回家去 |
[21:21] | In fact, none of us should be working. | 实际上 我们都不该来上班 |
[21:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[21:35] | Is this really what happened? | 事情真的是这样吗 |
[21:38] | You didn’t tell me anything. | 你什么也没跟我说 |
[21:40] | They got it right, except that it was terrifying. | 报道没有错 只是场面很可怕 |
[21:42] | Walking into that angry, crazy crowd | 走进那愤怒又疯狂的人群 |
[21:45] | and Lindsay smiling like he was going to a pancake breakfast. | 而林赛笑得好像要去参加煎饼早餐会 |
[21:49] | The only lives His Honor seemed worried about protecting | 市长大人唯一关心的 |
[21:51] | were the photographers’. | 是那些摄影记者的生命安全 |
[21:53] | – But it worked. – I’ll tell you what worked. | -但奏效了 -我来告诉你什么奏效 |
[21:56] | Cutting deals with all the militants last year. | 去年就该和那些激进分子达成协议 |
[21:59] | Well, I’m glad you were there. | 我很高兴你在那里 |
[22:01] | Me, too. And I got to go back in. | 我也是 我还得回去 |
[22:04] | I want you to eat something first. | 你先吃点东西吧 |
[22:11] | Clara. | 克莱拉 |
[22:13] | Have you seen Scarlett? | 你看到斯嘉丽了吗 |
[22:14] | Where’s my girl? | 我的秘书呢 |
[22:18] | They must all be watching TV somewhere. | 她们肯定都在某个地方看电视呢 |
[22:20] | Not in my office. | 反正不是在我的办公室里 |
[22:21] | I barely slept last night. | 我昨晚几乎没睡 |
[22:23] | I just thought working might take my mind off things. | 我以为工作能让我忘记烦恼 |
[22:26] | Good luck. Been on the phone all morning. | 祝你好运 我一上午都在接电话 |
[22:28] | They’re worried about last night, obviously, | 显然 他们为昨晚的事担忧 |
[22:29] | but they’re worried about tonight, they’re worried about the weekend. | 但他们还担心今晚 以及周末 |
[22:32] | – Who? – The clients. | -谁们 -客户们 |
[22:34] | They won’t take make-goods. They want money back. | 他们不愿接受赔偿条件 他们要求退款 |
[22:36] | – That’s disgusting. – I don’t know. | -真恶心 -我不知道 |
[22:38] | It’s enough of this crap already. | 关于那事的报道已经够多了 |
[22:40] | All these special broadcasts preempting the prime-time schedule. | 黄金时段全被那些特别新闻抢占了 |
[22:43] | “Bewitched,” Merv, | 《家有仙妻》 莫夫脱口秀 |
[22:44] | Dean Martin. | 迪恩·马丁的剧 |
[22:45] | You know they might cancel the Stanley Cup? | 你知道斯坦利杯锦标赛都有可能被取消吗 |
[22:47] | How dare you? | 你怎敢这么说 |
[22:49] | This cannot be made good. | 这是无法弥补的 |
[22:51] | It’s shameful. | 那真是可耻 |
[22:52] | It’s a shameful, shameful day! | 是非常 非常可耻的一天 |
[22:55] | Don’t you scream at me. | 你不要冲我嚷 |
[22:56] | You don’t think I’m upset about that man being shot? | 那个男人被杀害 你以为我不难过吗 |
[22:58] | Only because it’s costing you, you pig! | 只是因为给你造成了损失 你这头猪 |
[23:00] | It’s costing all of us. | 是我们所有人的损失 |
[23:02] | And when’s it gonna stop? | 而且这一切何时才会停止 |
[23:03] | No one will be happy until they turn | 他们不把这世上最美的城市 |
[23:04] | the most beautiful city in the world into a shit hole. | 变成地狱 是不会善罢甘休的 |
[23:06] | Gentlemen, stop it. Stop it this minute. | 先生们 停下 立刻停下 |
[23:08] | In a second, Bert. | 等一下 伯特 |
[23:09] | Did you know we were in the presence of a bona fide racist? | 你知道我们这有个公开的种族歧视分子吗 |
[23:12] | That’s the latest thing, isn’t it? | 现在最流行这个了 是吧 |
[23:13] | Everybody’s a racist. | 所有人都是种族歧视分子 |
[23:15] | Gentlemen! | 先生们 |
[23:18] | I urge you to shake hands | 我强烈建议你们握手言和 |
[23:19] | in the spirit of erasing these remarks. | 以抹去刚才的言论 |
[23:27] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[23:29] | I suppose that my comments were inappropriate. | 我想我说的话不太妥当 |
[23:32] | I mistook this for a workday. | 我”误以为”今天是工作日呢 |
[23:34] | Don’t worry. I’m sure you can make your money back | 别担心 我确定你能把钱赚回来的 |
[23:36] | on some Movie of the Week next fall | 明年秋天拍一部关于 |
[23:37] | about the death of a great man. | 一个伟大男人离世的电影 |
[23:40] | That is not what I meant. | 我要求的言和可不是这样的互讽 |
[23:42] | Let me put this in terms you’ll understand. | 我就把话说得明白点吧 |
[23:44] | That man had a wife and four children. | 那个男人有妻子和4个孩子 |
[23:57] | I’m sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[23:59] | Would you like coffee? | 你要喝咖啡吗 |
[24:00] | Dawn, I’m just glad you’re okay. | 唐恩 很高兴看到你没事 |
[24:02] | Joan was trying to reach you. | 琼一直尝试联系你 |
[24:03] | The phone was out for a little bit last night | 昨晚有一阵电话断线 |
[24:05] | and, well, it took some time to get here. | 今早又花了很长时间才到这里 |
[24:08] | I don’t think you should work today. | 我觉得你今天不应该工作了 |
[24:10] | I couldn’t reach you. I assumed you weren’t coming in. | 我联系不到你 以为你不会来了呢 |
[24:12] | My mother told me I should. | 我母亲说我应该来 |
[24:17] | Well, Mr. Cooper just announced that out of respect | 库珀先生刚刚宣布 出于对死者的悼念 |
[24:19] | we’re going to close the office early. | 今天将下班时间提前 |
[24:22] | That’s probably a good idea. | 那或许是个好主意 |
[24:23] | Mr. Sterling still wants to have the 3:00 meeting. | 斯特林先生希望3点的会议按原计划进行 |
[24:25] | Are we closed or not? | 那到底下不下班 |
[24:27] | Stan and Ginsberg will also be joining. | 斯坦和金斯伯格也会参加 |
[24:28] | Do you want to cancel it? | 你想取消吗 |
[24:30] | If you’re gonna stay, I’ll stay. | 你要是不下班 我也留下来 |
[24:32] | No, you go. | 不 你回去吧 |
[24:33] | I’d really rather be here today. | 我今天真的宁愿留在这里 |
[24:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:47] | We’re all so sorry. | 我们都很遗憾 |
[24:53] | Do you want anything? | 你需要什么吗 |
[24:56] | No. | 不用 |
[25:07] | – Hello? – Peggy Olson, please. | -喂 -请转接佩奇·奥尔森 |
[25:09] | This is Peggy. | 我就是佩奇 |
[25:12] | I was about to send over your offer | 我刚才正要把你的报价发过去 |
[25:13] | and it occurred to me– | 然后忽然想到 |
[25:15] | Oh, my offer. I completely forgot about that. | 对了 我的报价 我完全忘记这事了 |
[25:18] | – You haven’t sent it? – No, I haven’t. | -你还没发呢 -是的 还没有 |
[25:20] | Well, no one’s gonna want to look at that today. | 今天没有人会想看的 |
[25:22] | May I speak? | 能让我说句话吗 |
[25:24] | I thought the same thing, but then I realized | 我也是这么想的 但我后来意识到 |
[25:27] | there’s trouble 10 blocks away. | 十个街区外发生了暴乱 |
[25:28] | They’re probably on pins and needles. | 他们也许正如坐针毡呢 |
[25:30] | So am I. | 我也是啊 |
[25:32] | Do I want to live up there? | 我愿意住在那里吗 |
[25:33] | Get ahold of yourself. The other buyer never came in. | 别激动 另一个买家没打来电话 |
[25:36] | Why don’t we come in at 5,000 under asking | 我们不如将报价降低5000 |
[25:38] | and give them 24 hours to respond? | 然后给他们24小时时间考虑 |
[25:40] | We’ll let the TV news do the rest. | 我们就让电视新闻来发挥影响力吧 |
[25:42] | – I don’t know. – This is the only apartment for you. | -我不确定 -只有那间公寓符合你的要求 |
[25:45] | You don’t want to be kicking yourself next week. | 你可别等到下周的时候悔得直跺脚 |
[25:47] | And, of course, I’ll wait until tomorrow to present. | 当然啦 我会等到明天再提交的 |
[25:52] | Good girl. | 乖女孩 |
[26:01] | Randall Walsh, you remember Don. | 兰道尔·沃什 你记得唐吧 |
[26:02] | This is Stan Rizzo and Michael Ginsberg. | 这是斯坦·瑞兹和迈克·金斯伯格 |
[26:13] | Randall, would you like a drink? | 兰道尔 要来一杯吗 |
[26:15] | Never. I really don’t even want to talk. | 不了 我都不想说话 |
[26:18] | I was trying to communicate without words, but it’s not working. | 我之前试图不用语言交流 但没奏效 |
[26:21] | Randy, it never works. | 兰迪 那不可能奏效的 |
[26:24] | Randall has an idea and the ad director won’t take a chance. | 兰道尔有个点子 但广告导演不愿冒险 |
[26:28] | You’re in the property insurance business. | 你做的是财产保险行业 |
[26:30] | I’ll bet you’re about to get hit pretty hard. | 我打赌你会受到沉重的打击 |
[26:33] | Forget about that. | 别提了 |
[26:34] | This is about a no bullshit approach | 这事毫不夸张的说 |
[26:36] | to why I got into this business. | 正是我投身这个行业的初衷 |
[26:38] | People say they care. | 人们说他们在乎 |
[26:41] | I really care. | 我是真的在乎 |
[26:48] | We’re waiting for you, Randall. | 我们在等你说呢 兰道尔 |
[26:50] | All I see when I close my eyes | 我闭上眼睛后看到的只有 |
[26:55] | is our name and a Molotov cocktail | 我们的名字和莫洛托夫鸡尾酒 |
[26:59] | being lit with a match. | 被火柴点燃 |
[27:01] | And then a coupon at the bottom. | 底下是一张优惠券 |
[27:05] | The ad sales guy didn’t like that? | 广告销售人不喜欢那个创意吗 |
[27:07] | I know what it looks like– fearmongering. | 我知道那看起来像是什么 在散布恐惧 |
[27:10] | But this is the opposite. | 但是这刚好相反 |
[27:12] | This is a coded message that came to me | 这是昨晚金博士的灵魂在梦中 |
[27:14] | when I was visited by the spirit of Dr. King last night. | 拜访我时给我的加密信息 |
[27:19] | He said that I should question the whole property thing, man. | 他说我应该质疑所有财产方面的事 |
[27:24] | It makes you happy, right? | 那让你很高兴 对吧 |
[27:28] | No, I think it was | 不 我认为这 |
[27:30] | his end will always be in poor taste. | 利用他做广告很不光彩 |
[27:33] | ‘Cause you’d rather not think about it. | 因为你宁愿不去想它 |
[27:35] | But there is a tear, and in that tear | 但是有一滴泪 在那滴泪中 |
[27:38] | are all the tears in the world, | 包含着世上所有的泪 |
[27:40] | all the animals crying. | 所有的动物都在哭泣 |
[27:46] | You’re right– I don’t want to think about it. | 你说对了 我不愿去想它 |
[27:48] | What Don’s saying is despite what we believe | 唐的意思是尽管我们相信 |
[27:50] | to be good intentions, | 你的初衷是好的 |
[27:52] | you’re allowing the emotions of the day, | 你让你今日的感情 |
[27:54] | and whatever else you got in your system, | 和你体内不知道什么东西 |
[27:56] | to influence your judgment. | 影响了你的判断 |
[27:57] | Are you forgetting what Tecumseh said? | 你忘了特库姆塞说过的话了吗 |
[28:01] | Heya howa howa hoya. | 麻利麻利哄 |
[28:05] | – Heya howa howa. – I had forgotten that. | -麻利麻利哄 -我是忘了 |
[28:09] | We’ll think about it. | 我们会考虑的 |
[28:14] | This is an opportunity. | 这是个机会 |
[28:16] | The heavens are telling us to change. | 上天告诉我们要改变 |
[28:23] | You talked to Dr. King’s ghost? | 你跟金博士的鬼魂对话了 |
[28:25] | Make sure Randy doesn’t get lost. | 别让兰迪在我们公司迷路了[迷失] |
[28:31] | – I had to wait around for that? – I don’t know. | -我等半天就为了听这个吗 -我不知道 |
[28:33] | He was very emotional. He talked me off a roof once. | 他很情绪化 他有一次成功劝服我不要跳楼 |
[28:36] | I kind of owed him. You want a drink? | 我这条命都是欠他的 你想喝一杯吗 |
[28:38] | I just want to go home. | 我现在只想回家 |
[28:39] | Someone’s gonna do that idea, you know. | 肯定有人把那个创意付诸实践的 |
[28:42] | Not us. | 但不是我们 |
[28:47] | Three deaths have been reported in the Washington rioting so far. | 目前华盛顿暴乱中已死亡3人 |
[28:50] | There are no details yet on the circumstances surrounding them. | 现在尚不知相关的具体细节 |
[28:54] | More than 350 persons have been treated for injuries. | 已有350人因受伤入院治疗 |
[28:57] | Among them, several policemen and firemen. | 其中 有一些是警察和消防员 |
[29:00] | Firefighting was hampered if for no other reason | 但灭火工作因为持续不断的警报 |
[29:02] | by the sheer volume of the alarms. | 受到相当大程度的束缚 |
[29:05] | But still, some persons were injured and… | 但是 仍然有人受伤 |
[29:08] | It’s Betty. You’re supposed to pick up the kids. | 是贝蒂 你今天该去接孩子们来的 |
[29:12] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[29:17] | Got it. Hello. | 我接了 喂 |
[29:19] | I knew you would forget. | 我就知道你会忘记 |
[29:21] | You really want them down here? | 你真想让他们来这里吗 |
[29:23] | I know you don’t. | 我知道你不想 |
[29:24] | You get out of every opportunity to see them. | 你抓住一切可能的机会避免见他们 |
[29:26] | You don’t even know how strange they’re acting. | 你都不知道他们现在表现得多奇怪 |
[29:28] | The news is very upsetting. | 新闻令人很不安 |
[29:30] | I’m sure it has nothing to do with the fact | 我想那一定跟他们的父亲 |
[29:31] | that their father forgot about them. | 将他们抛之脑后这件事”无关” |
[29:33] | You want me to come up there and get them, | 你想让我过来接他们 |
[29:35] | drive right through everything after dark? | 在黑夜里开车经过各种混乱街区 |
[29:37] | Well, of course, Henry thinks it’s fine, | 当然了 亨利觉得没事 |
[29:39] | but he’s not as concerned about their safety as you are. | 但他”没有”你那么关心他们的安全 |
[29:41] | Well, Henry would know. | 亨利当然知道了 |
[29:43] | I guarantee you’d go to Canada on your knees | 我敢保证让你跪着爬去加拿大 |
[29:46] | to pick up your girlfriend. | 接你的女友你都愿意 |
[29:48] | I don’t believe this. | 我真觉得难以置信 |
[29:51] | I’m going to get the kids. | 我要去接孩子们了 |
[29:57] | Really? | 不是吧 |
[30:00] | They called in the troops in Washington, | 华盛顿那边已经出动军队了 |
[30:01] | but Henry says we’re fine here. | 但亨利说我们这边没事 |
[30:05] | She’s a piece of work. | 她可真有能耐 |
[30:06] | Looting spread to the downtown shopping section of the city | 洗劫扩散到市中心的购物区 |
[30:10] | and as darkness fell, arrests increased. | 随着夜幕降临 逮捕的人数也越来越多 |
[30:28] | You finished with that? You can walk me to work. | 你弄完了吗 你可以送我去上班 |
[30:31] | I’m already at work. | 我已经在工作了 |
[30:34] | Since when are you going in on Saturday? | 你从什么时候起周六也要上班了 |
[30:36] | Since I don’t want to be in front of the TV set. | 从我不想再坐在电视机前起 |
[30:42] | Good as new. | 复旧如新 |
[30:43] | This? | 就这样 |
[30:45] | This is a mess. | 一塌糊涂 |
[30:47] | You can’t sew, you can’t cook, you can’t clean. | 你不会缝补 不会做饭 不会打扫卫生 |
[30:50] | You don’t think there’s a reason you have all these flaws? | 你不觉得你存在这些缺点是有原因的吗 |
[30:54] | You need a girl. | 你得找个女人 |
[30:56] | But maybe you don’t like ’em. | 不过可能你不喜欢女人 |
[30:58] | I like girls, Dad. | 我喜欢女人 老爸 |
[31:00] | If that was true, you’d be in bed with her right now. | 要真如此 你现在该跟她躺床上呢 |
[31:03] | I don’t think anybody’s in the mood. | 我不觉得现在有谁会有这心情 |
[31:05] | It’s quite the opposite. | 恰恰相反 |
[31:07] | Now’s the time when a man and a woman | 就是在这种时候 男人和女人 |
[31:09] | need to be together the most. | 才更需要待在一起 |
[31:10] | In a catastrophe. | 患难与共 |
[31:13] | In the flood, the animals went two by two. | 洪水来袭 动物都是成双成对上船的 |
[31:17] | You, you’re gonna get on the ark with your father. | 而你 只能跟你老爸一起上诺亚方舟了 |
[31:19] | I can find my own girls, okay? | 我自己能找到女朋友 好吗 |
[31:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:24] | I’ll bring you a sandwich. | 我给你带个三明治 |
[31:59] | I’m glad you finally slept. | 真高兴你终于睡了一觉 |
[32:01] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了 |
[32:02] | We’re going to a vigil in the park. | 我们去公园守夜 |
[32:07] | – You’re not supposed to be watching TV. – I’m not. | -你不能看电视 -我没看 |
[32:10] | You are, and Mom said you can’t. | 你在看 妈妈不许你看的 |
[32:12] | Sally, stop it. | 萨丽 别这样 |
[32:15] | Troy and Bridget called. | 特洛伊和布丽吉特打电话来了 |
[32:16] | They’re gonna meet us there. | 他们会在那跟我们碰头 |
[32:17] | We’ll be back in a couple of hours. | 我们几小时后就回来 |
[32:19] | I don’t feel well. | 我感觉不舒服 |
[32:24] | You go on ahead. I’ll watch him. | 你们去吧 我来照看他 |
[32:29] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[32:32] | Look, I just can’t sit around in the apartment anymore. | 我不能再这样窝在家里了 |
[32:35] | I feel like I have to do something. | 我觉得必须得做些什么 |
[32:37] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[32:39] | I knew you wouldn’t go. | 我就知道你不会去 |
[32:54] | You want some aspirin? | 你要吃点阿司匹林吗 |
[33:01] | Turn it off. | 给我关了 |
[33:06] | Tell me exactly what your mother said. | 告诉我 你妈到底是怎么说的 |
[33:08] | I’m not allowed to watch TV for a week. | 我一周内不准看电视 |
[33:12] | Man has no understanding. | 人类没有理解能力 |
[33:16] | He can be taught a few simple tricks, nothing more. | 他只能学一些简单的伎俩 仅此而已 |
[33:20] | I’m afraid I must disagree. | 我可不敢苟同 |
[33:22] | According to my experiments– | 根据我的实验 |
[33:23] | Dr. Zira, I must caution you. | 吉拉博士 我得提醒你 |
[33:29] | I guess your stomach is feeling better. | 看来你的肚子好多了 |
[33:34] | Why are you being punished? | 你为什么会受罚 |
[33:36] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[33:38] | Come on. | 说嘛 |
[33:39] | Because the wallpaper didn’t line up. | 因为壁纸没有对齐 |
[33:42] | …the simian nature from a study of man | 通过一个人类的研究来揭示类人猿的习性 |
[33:44] | is sheer nonsense, | 简直是胡诌 |
[33:46] | because man is a nuisance. | 因为人类是令人恶心的存在 |
[33:49] | He eats up his food supplies in the forest… | 他把森林里的食物都吃光了 |
[33:53] | You maniacs! | 你们这群疯子 |
[33:56] | You blew it up! | 你们竟然炸了它 |
[33:59] | Oh, damn you! | 该死的 |
[34:02] | God damn you all to hell! | 诅咒你们下地狱 |
[34:32] | The humans blew up New York? | 人类炸了纽约 |
[34:34] | All of America. | 炸了整个美国 |
[34:36] | So he came back to here? | 那么他又回到了地球 |
[34:39] | In the future. | 是未来的地球 |
[34:43] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[34:48] | You want to see it again? | 你还想再看一遍吗 |
[34:49] | Can we? | 可以吗 |
[35:00] | I need another half hour. | 我还需要半小时 |
[35:03] | Oh, yeah. Just a minute. | 好 稍等 |
[35:06] | It’s for you. It’s the real estate agent. | 你的电话 房产中介打来的 |
[35:12] | – Hello, Ginny. – Well, we didn’t get it. | -你好 金妮 -我们没抢到 |
[35:15] | Wh– what happened? | 怎么回事 |
[35:17] | Someone came in a little bit higher. | 有人出了更高的价 |
[35:19] | But you know what? It wasn’t meant to be. | 不过你猜怎么着 那太出人意料了 |
[35:22] | How much higher? | 高出多少 |
[35:23] | It was still under asking, Peggy. It wasn’t meant to be. | 还有人在不断询问 佩奇 真是反常 |
[35:25] | There’s no other way to think about it. Try, try again. | 没有其他办法了 你再找找吧 |
[35:36] | Someone else got the apartment. | 房子被其他人买走了 |
[35:39] | What are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么办 |
[35:44] | – That’s it? – What do you want me to say? | -就这句吗 -你还想让我说什么 |
[35:48] | That you give a damn. | 说你在乎 |
[35:49] | Peggy, this is an emotional story. | 佩奇 我这篇文章必须情真感人 |
[35:51] | Stop being such a martyr. You’re having the time of your life. | 别搞得像个殉道者 你有自己的日子要过 |
[35:54] | Why are you so mad? | 你怎么这么火大 |
[35:55] | Because I’m alone in this. | 因为整件事都靠我一个人 |
[35:58] | That’s not cool. | 你这话可伤人了 |
[36:00] | I don’t mean financially. | 我不是说经济上全靠我 |
[36:01] | I mean, don’t you care where we live? | 而是 你就不在乎我们住哪吗 |
[36:05] | Look, I don’t feel right expressing an opinion. | 我觉得我自己不方便表态 |
[36:07] | Now is your chance. | 现在你有机会说了 |
[36:09] | I don’t want to live on the Upper East Side. | 我不想住在上东区 |
[36:11] | Fine. Why? | 好吧 为什么 |
[36:14] | I don’t know. I saw us raising our kids in a place | 我不知道 我理想的以后生儿育女的地方 |
[36:17] | with more different kinds of people. | 周围能有各种不同阶级的人 |
[36:21] | This photographer trailing me the other night, | 那晚跟着我的那位摄影师 |
[36:25] | he lives in the West 80s. | 他住在上西区 |
[36:27] | Isn’t it dangerous? | 那里不危险吗 |
[36:28] | No, it’s more rundown. | 不啊 只是比较破 |
[36:29] | But that’s why it’s so cheap. | 所以很便宜 |
[36:32] | Get some lumber, a coat of paint– people are doing it. | 搞些木材 重新刷一下 大家都这么做 |
[36:54] | I didn’t know you felt that way. | 我不知道你是这么想的 |
[36:58] | About the Upper East Side. | 关于上东区 |
[37:02] | I do. | 我就是这么想的 |
[37:05] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[37:07] | I just felt it wasn’t my money. | 我就觉得不是我的钱 |
[37:09] | How much of a say do I have? | 我能有多少话语权 |
[37:13] | You’re in my life. | 你出现在我的生命中 |
[37:16] | You’re a part of my life. | 你是我生命的一部分 |
[37:22] | Peggy, I’ve got to finish this. | 佩奇 我得把这做完 |
[37:53] | – Did you see this movie? – Not yet. | -你看过这部电影了吗 -还没 |
[37:58] | Do you get to see it for free? | 你能免费看吗 |
[38:00] | – I do. – It’s really good. | -可以 -真的很不错 |
[38:01] | – We’re seeing it again. – You enjoy yourself. | -我们要再看一遍 -好好看吧 |
[38:06] | Everybody likes to go to the movies when they’re sad. | 人们伤心的时候 总喜欢看电影 |
[38:37] | I was looking for you. | 我正找你呢 |
[38:39] | You left the TV on. | 你没关电视 |
[38:40] | I don’t feel right turning it off, | 我感觉关掉不太好 |
[38:42] | but I don’t want to watch it. | 但我又不想看 |
[38:45] | He doesn’t even want me to come in. | 他根本不想让我介入 |
[38:47] | Everything has settled down. | 一切都定下来了 |
[38:49] | For the time being. | 暂时而已 |
[38:50] | No, I think this is the end of it. | 不 我觉得这事就这样了 |
[38:55] | Good. | 很好 |
[38:57] | Betty, I hope you know | 贝蒂 我希望你知道 |
[38:57] | you’ll never have to worry about money. | 你永远不用担心钱的问题 |
[39:00] | Why would you bring that up? | 你为什么要提这个 |
[39:02] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[39:04] | I just keep asking myself, | 我一直在问自己 |
[39:05] | “What am I doing?” | 我在做什么呢 |
[39:06] | About what? | 关于什么事 |
[39:07] | I keep thinking about walking through Harlem, | 我一直想着步行穿过哈莱姆黑人区 |
[39:11] | Lindsay a few paces ahead, grinning like he always does, | 而林赛保持着一如既往的微笑走在前面 |
[39:15] | the rest of us following behind. | 我们几个跟在后面 |
[39:17] | – Wasn’t that frightening? – It was exhilarating. | -那不吓人吗 -非常让人激动 |
[39:20] | But what was the cost of avoiding that riot? | 但避免那场骚乱的代价是什么 |
[39:22] | Police corruption, disrespect for authority, | 警察腐败 当局失信 |
[39:25] | negotiating with hoodlums. | 与暴徒谈判 |
[39:27] | You can’t say that to the mayor. | 你不能跟市长说这些 |
[39:29] | He’s never been more popular. | 他最近很受欢迎 |
[39:31] | It’s just, Betty, | 只是 贝蒂 |
[39:33] | I keep thinking I would do it differently. | 我总觉得换做是我 处理方式会不一样 |
[39:37] | I want to do it differently. | 我想采取不一样的方式 |
[39:39] | And, well, they approached me | 而每当有人死去的时候 |
[39:43] | like they always do when somebody dies | 他们就像原先那样来找我 |
[39:45] | and they offered me a seat in the state senate. | 提供一个国会席位 |
[39:51] | Do you want to run? | 你想竞选吗 |
[39:52] | Run? It’s a Republican seat. | 竞选 那可是共和党席位 |
[39:56] | It’s basically unopposed. | 基本是毫无敌手 |
[39:58] | You’d have to quit the mayor’s office. | 那你得就退出市长办公室 |
[39:59] | He’ll understand. | 他会理解的 |
[40:01] | You think I’m the first guy sick of being in a flank? | 你以为我是第一个讨厌当副手的人吗 |
[40:03] | I feel like I’ve been asking you to do this since I met you. | 我觉得从我见你开始就在求你这样做了 |
[40:06] | Well, I finally heard you. | 现在我总算听你的话了 |
[40:08] | It’s a stepping stone to state attorney general. | 那是成为州检察长的垫脚石 |
[40:11] | – And– – And who knows what else? | -而且 -谁知道别的 |
[40:14] | Easy, partner. | 放松 亲爱的 |
[40:15] | This is what I’ve wanted for you. | 那正是我希望你得到的 |
[40:18] | Us. | 为我们 |
[40:19] | I can’t wait for people to meet you. | 我迫不及待想让人们来认识你了 |
[40:22] | You know? Really meet you. | 你知道吗 真正地了解你 |
[40:44] | Everyone’s in bed. | 孩子们都躺下睡觉了 |
[40:46] | Gene finally climbed in with Sally. | 吉恩终于跟萨丽一起爬床了 |
[40:53] | I felt better, but now I don’t. | 我之前感觉好多了 但现在又乱透了 |
[40:57] | – Why? – Because who knows what you’re feeling? | -为什么 -因为谁知道你的感受 |
[41:01] | I didn’t know what to say to her | 我不知道该对她说什么 |
[41:02] | except, “I’d tell you to ask your father, | 只能说 “我希望你去问你父亲 |
[41:04] | but he’s at the movies.” | 但他现在去看电影了” |
[41:06] | I should have said, “He’s just drunk.” | 我真该跟他们说你喝醉了 |
[41:09] | You’re better with them. | 你跟他们在一起更好 |
[41:14] | You don’t understand. | 你不明白 |
[41:16] | I do. | 我明白 |
[41:18] | You don’t have Marx, you’ve got a bottle. | 你不用马克思那套学说当挡箭牌 你是借酒浇愁 |
[41:24] | Is this what you really want to be to them | 你真想就这样对待他们吗 |
[41:26] | when they need you? | 在他们最需要你的时候 |
[41:28] | No. | 不 |
[41:37] | I don’t think I ever wanted to be the man who loves children. | 我从没想过当一个爱孩子的人 |
[41:45] | But from the moment they’re born… | 但从他们出生以后 |
[41:49] | that baby comes out | 宝宝一出世 |
[41:50] | and you act proud and excited | 你表现得很自豪很兴奋 |
[41:56] | and hand out cigars… | 给人发烟庆祝 |
[42:02] | but you don’t feel anything. | 但你就是毫无感觉 |
[42:08] | Especially if you had a difficult childhood. | 尤其是 如果你的童年很艰辛的话 |
[42:16] | You want to love them, but you don’t. | 你想爱他们 但就是做不到 |
[42:22] | And the fact that you’re… | 而当你努力地 |
[42:26] | faking that feeling | 装出那种感觉 |
[42:29] | makes you wonder | 让你不禁好奇 |
[42:30] | if your own father had the same problem. | 你的父亲是否也有相同的困扰 |
[42:40] | Then one day they get older… | 然而随着他们一天天长大 |
[42:45] | and you see them do something… | 你会看到他们做一些事情 |
[42:50] | and you feel… | 就会感受到 |
[42:55] | that feeling that you were pretending to have. | 那种 你曾经假装拥有的感觉 |
[43:06] | And it feels like your heart is going to explode. | 你会感觉心都要爆炸了一般 |
[43:40] | That was faster than I expected. | 比我预计的要快啊 |
[43:44] | Are things calmer out there? | 外面平静一些了吗 |
[43:51] | Well, then… | 那就 |
[43:53] | have a good night. | 晚安吧 |
[44:54] | – You need to go to sleep. – I can’t. | -你该睡觉了 -我睡不着 |
[45:09] | So why can’t you sleep? | 为什么睡不着 |
[45:13] | I’m scared. | 我很害怕 |
[45:15] | Don’t make me sorry for taking you to the movies. | 别让我后悔带你去看电影 |
[45:17] | No. | 不是 |
[45:19] | I just keep thinking… | 我一直在想 |
[45:24] | what if somebody shoots Henry? | 要是有人枪杀了亨利该怎么办 |
[45:35] | No one’s gonna do that. | 不会有人这样做的 |
[45:37] | – But they could. – But they won’t. | -但有可能 -不会的 |
[45:41] | Henry’s not that important. | 亨利不是什么重要的大人物 |
[45:49] | Go to sleep. | 睡吧 |