时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Mom didn’t go shopping. There’s no snacks. | 老妈没去购物所以家里没零食 |
[00:02] | I don’t want to watch a movie without snacks. | 没零食我不想看电影 |
[00:04] | There’s always… | 但总有 |
[00:06] | trail mix. | 什锦果仁 |
[00:08] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[00:10] | Trail mix. | 什锦果仁 |
[00:19] | -Good movie. -Yeah. | -这电影不错 -是啊 |
[01:01] | Usually I spend every minute I’m at Lucky Aide | 通常我在幸福好帮手的每一分钟都用来埋怨我妈 |
[01:03] | cursing Mom for making me work here, but lately it hasn’t seemed so bad. | 让我在这儿工作 但最近觉得其实还行 |
[01:09] | I’m not sure why. | 不知为何 |
[01:10] | Malcolm, you were right. I put a | Malcolm你是对的 我放了个 |
[01:12] | greasy bag in the fridge, and Craig put his name on it. | 油腻的袋子在冰箱里 Craig就把他名字写上去了 |
[01:14] | Yeah, the only way to protect | 是的 想保护的东西 |
[01:16] | anything is to put it in a nonfat yogurt carton. | 只能放在脱脂酸奶箱里了 |
[01:18] | That’s brilliant. | 这招太棒 |
[01:19] | Wait. You got something. | 等下 你脸上有东西 |
[01:22] | Thanks. | 谢啦 |
[01:23] | She didn’t have anything. | 其实什么也没有 |
[01:24] | So, hey, it turns out I don’t have | 对了 我春假的时候不用和我爸妈 |
[01:26] | to go with my parents to Yosemite over spring break. | 一起去约塞米蒂了 |
[01:28] | So I guess you’ll be in town then, huh? | 所以你到时会在城里咯 |
[01:30] | Looks like it. | 看来是 |
[01:30] | You know, me, too. Maybe we can… | 我也是 说不定我们能 |
[01:31] | Malcolm, your break doesn’t start for another two minutes. | Malcolm 你离休息时间还有两分钟 |
[01:34] | Wendy, your break is over now. | Wendy 你的休息时间结束了 |
[01:37] | This is why orphans get all the hot girls. | 所以好妹子总被孤儿泡走了 |
[01:40] | Oh, God. I’ve got graveyard shift for the next two weeks? | 天哪 我接下来两周有夜班 |
[01:43] | I didn’t know I had any joy left in my life to be sucked out. | 人生还有什么乐趣 |
[01:46] | I guess you’re going to have to take the bus to work, Malcolm. | 你得搭巴士去工作了Malcolm |
[01:48] | You’re going to be on your own. | 你得自己照顾自己了 |
[01:50] | Great. Figures. | 呵呵 料到了 |
[01:53] | If I can bite through my tongue | 如果我现在能咬舌自尽 |
[01:54] | till my teeth meet maybe Mom won’t see me smile. | 老妈就不会看见我笑了 |
[02:01] | All right, here’s Jamie’s schedule for the next two weeks. | 好了 这是接下来两周Jamie的作息 |
[02:03] | He needs a bath at 6:00, 8:00 and before he goes to bed. | 他六点八点和睡前都要洗一次澡 |
[02:06] | We talked about Jamie’s schedule. | 我们讨论过这个了 |
[02:08] | I want to talk about our schedule. | 我想谈谈我们的安排 |
[02:10] | We already talked about that schedule. | 那个我们已经讨论过了 |
[02:12] | I know, but I like coming home for | 我知道 但我希望中午回家能有特殊待遇 |
[02:14] | lunch to be a special treat, not just for my survival. | 不是只为了填肚子 |
[02:17] | Well, I’m not happy about it either, | 我也不想这样啊 |
[02:18] | but working graveyard is just part of the job. | 但是夜班是工作的一部分 |
[02:20] | Have you told Malcolm you’re making him do it with you? | 你告诉Malcolm你要他跟你一起了吗 |
[02:39] | Two days ago. | 两天前 |
[02:44] | – What are you so happy about? – Nothing. | – 你在高兴什么 – 没什么 |
[02:46] | I’ve just never had the whole bed to myself before. | 我只是没有独占过一张床 |
[02:48] | You stay off my side of the bed! I don’t care if I’m not there. | 别碰我那半 不管我在不在 |
[02:51] | – Okay. – And stop smiling! | – 好吧 – 而且不准笑了 |
[02:53] | OK. | 好吧 |
[02:56] | The only bright spot in all this is | 唯一值得高兴地就是春假的时候 |
[02:57] | that Reese has an even crappier spring break job than I do. | Reese有份比我还糟糕的工作 |
[03:05] | You didn’t do too bad today, kid. | 你今天干得不错 孩子 |
[03:07] | Till that possum got up your pant leg, you were way ahead. | 直到那只负鼠跑上你的裤腿 |
[03:10] | So… he didn’t have rabies, did he? | 他没带病吧 |
[03:13] | No. No, no, no, no. He checked out fine. | 没没没 他被检查过了没问题的 |
[03:17] | Say, uh, you going to be able | 你马上就要起来了 |
[03:18] | to sit up soon ’cause we’re almost at your house. | 因为我们快到你家了 |
[03:21] | These fumes are kind of strong. | 这烟有点浓 |
[03:22] | Can I get one of those paper masks next time? | 下次我能拿个那种纸面具吗 |
[03:25] | Do I look like I’m made of money? | 我看起来很有钱吗 |
[03:30] | You got a different kind of a job tomorrow. | 你明天会有个新任务 |
[03:34] | What’s this? | 这是啥 |
[03:35] | That’s a thousand caterpillars. | 上千只毛毛虫 |
[03:36] | Tomorrow morning, get up before dawn, I want you to go around the neighborhood, | 明早 我要你凌晨就起床 去附近把这些 |
[03:40] | sprinkle those on the rose bushes, flower beds, front lawns… | 洒在别人家的玫瑰花丛 花床 草坪 |
[03:43] | And then I want you to take my | 然后把我的 |
[03:45] | business card and drop it in the mailbox, you understand? | 名片留在他们的信箱里 知道吗 |
[03:48] | Why do you sound very far away? | 为什么你声音听起来好远 |
[03:51] | Don’t go to sleep for a while. | 暂时先别睡 |
[03:59] | It sucks you have to work the night shift. | 有夜班真是不幸 |
[04:01] | Now you’re going to miss the party. Debbie’s parents are out of town. | 你要错过派对了 Debbie爸妈都出城了 |
[04:04] | Probably won’t miss much. | 没什么好错过的 |
[04:06] | It’s just the same boring people doing the same boring stuff. | 反正就是一堆无聊的人做无聊的事 |
[04:09] | Whoa, I gotta run. Skinny-dipping starts at midnight. | 我得走了 他们半夜要裸泳 |
[04:16] | Hey, Malcolm. | 嘿 Malcolm |
[04:17] | At what age do you just accept that | 你是几岁开始接受 |
[04:18] | your life is a piece of rotten garbage and always will be? | 你的人生就是片垃圾而且永远不会改变的这个事实的 |
[04:21] | Twenty-two. | 二十二岁 |
[04:22] | But that doesn’t mean you | 但这不是说你就 |
[04:23] | can’t enjoy the heck out of every moment. | 不能享受人生精彩时刻了 |
[04:25] | Take tonight. You’re in for a real treat. | 比如说今晚 你确实可以享受 |
[04:27] | There’s a different rhythm to the night shift. | 夜班可是有不一样的节奏的 |
[04:30] | It’s a camaraderie, a brotherhood of kindred souls, | 这是战友情 相似灵魂的集会 |
[04:33] | a nocturnal fraternity of the prowlers of the inky netherworld. | 漆黑的社会底层的徘徊者的夜间聚会 |
[04:37] | Hello, fellow traveler. | 你好啊 旅行者 |
[04:38] | – Where’s the toothpaste? – I’m on a break. | -牙膏在哪 -我在休息 |
[04:41] | Make sure all the pens are | 确保所有的笔都是 |
[04:43] | cap-side up with the pocket clips facing forward. | 笔帽向上笔帽夹向外 |
[04:46] | This is the benefit of graveyard shift. | 这就是夜班的好处 |
[04:47] | You don’t have all that chaos that goes on during the daytime. | 不会有白天那些乱七八糟的事儿 |
[04:50] | You can get things organized the way they’re meant to be. | 还可以把东西摆放整齐 |
[04:52] | You’re just trying to torture me. | 你想折磨我 |
[04:53] | That’s why I’m here, just admit it. | 这就是你要我来的目的 承认吧 |
[04:55] | You’re here because you need the money. | 你来是因为你需要钱 |
[04:56] | I give you three-quarters of my paycheck. | 我四分之三的工资都被你拿了 |
[04:58] | That’s why you need the money. | 所以你才缺钱 |
[05:02] | That’s weird. Did you see anyone? | 好怪 你有看到任何人吗 |
[05:03] | What? | 什么 |
[05:04] | Someone left a candy wrapper and change on the counter here, | 有人留了糖纸和零钱在账台这儿 |
[05:06] | but nobody’s been in the store for hours. | 可是这几个小时都没人来过啊 |
[05:08] | It was probably a mouse. | 是老鼠吧 |
[05:09] | A mouse that left the exact change? | 老鼠会找钱吗 |
[05:11] | I played tic-tac-toe with a chicken at the county fair, | 我在集市上和一直鸡玩过井字棋 |
[05:14] | and it beat me eight times in a row. | 八连败 |
[05:17] | Don’t shortchange animals. | 别小看动物 |
[05:20] | I didn’t see anyone though. | 反正我谁也没看到 |
[05:22] | Nevermind. | 随便了 |
[05:23] | Wait, aren’t you even curious how that happened? | 等等 你难道不好奇怎么回事吗 |
[05:26] | Malcolm, everything doesn’t have to be fascinating. | Malcolm 不是每件事都要变得那么有趣 |
[05:31] | Now it looks like the guy in the hockey mask is dead, | 看起来带着曲棍球面具的人死了 |
[05:34] | right? But just keep your eye on that coffin. | 对吧 但是注意看棺材 |
[05:38] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[05:40] | Why aren’t you at work? | 你怎么没在工作 |
[05:41] | I don’t want to hear that you’re | 我不希望听到你说这份 |
[05:43] | too good to crawl under houses poisoning rats all day. | 给老鼠投毒的工作配不上你 |
[05:45] | There are ten guys with MBA’s who would love to have that job. | 我能找到十个读过MBA的人乐意来接替你 |
[05:48] | I didn’t quit. I showed up this morning and the cops were there. | 我没辞职 我今早去的时候有警察 |
[05:51] | It turns out Mr. | 原来Krijak先生在 |
[05:52] | Krijak was renting out his gas tanks for parties. | 向派对出租煤气罐 |
[05:54] | Now I have to dump this stupid box of caterpillars… for free! | 我现在得丢掉这个装了毛毛虫的蠢盒子了 无偿 |
[05:59] | Have a nice death, puss-bags. | 走好不送了胆小鬼 |
[06:02] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[06:03] | Get off of me. | 下去 |
[06:06] | Oh, a tough guy, huh? | 很厉害是吧 |
[06:10] | Hey… | 嘿 |
[06:11] | Cut it out, that tickles. | 别弄了 好痒 |
[06:33] | Craig, did you do this? | 这你做的吗Craig |
[06:34] | Do what? | 什么 |
[06:35] | Those vitamins that were recalled. | 那些维他命被召回了 |
[06:37] | Did you clear off this shelf? | 是你清掉这层货架的吗 |
[06:38] | Doesn’t sound like me. | 听起来不像我干的 |
[06:40] | Six coats of wax, and I buttered up my socks. | 六层蜡才打上我的袜子 |
[06:43] | The record’s going down. | 记录持续走低 |
[06:45] | You know, things have been getting really weird around here. | 你知道吗 这地方变得很诡异 |
[06:49] | I mean, think about it. | 你好好想想 |
[06:50] | Last night, all the clocks in the | 昨晚展示柜里 |
[06:52] | display case were synchronized to the same time. | 所有钟都同步到一个时间了 |
[06:54] | And the night before that, | 再前一天晚上 |
[06:55] | all the fingerprints were cleaned off the freezer doors. | 冰柜门上所有的手印都被擦干净了 |
[06:57] | Malcolm, I think you’re forgetting the graveyard shift motto… | Malcom 你忘了晚班的三字真言吗 |
[07:01] | “Who cares?” | “管他呢” |
[07:10] | It doesn’t matter if no one else knows. | 只要别人都不知道就没关系 |
[07:12] | You know. | 你知道的 |
[07:17] | Okay, Dewey gets the pancakes and eggs. | 好了 Dewey的煎饼和蛋 |
[07:20] | And Lois has the veal parmesan. | Lois的是脱脂干酪 |
[07:24] | Oh, look at you, Jamie. | 看看你 Jamie |
[07:26] | You have changed so much in just a week. | 你这周变了好多 |
[07:28] | Your head’s almost symmetrical. | 你的头几乎是对称的了 |
[07:29] | Better eat up… don’t you need to be in bed before I go to work? | 快吃吧 我去上班前你不用去睡觉吗 |
[07:32] | Honey, I’m spending sometime | 亲爱的 我正在陪我上个礼拜 |
[07:33] | with my son who I’ve barely seen in the last week. | 没怎么见到的儿子呢 |
[07:35] | You’ve got 18 years for that. | 你有18年时间呢 |
[07:37] | I’m only asking for ten minutes. | 而我只需要十分钟 |
[07:40] | Wow, another great night’s sleep. | 哇 又是一夜好觉 |
[07:44] | No fighting for blankets, | 没有毛毯之争 |
[07:46] | no elbows in my face, or anything worse. | 没有面部肘击 或者其他什么奇招异术 |
[07:49] | Just all the room in the world. | 只是一个世界上普通的卧室 |
[07:52] | Don’t freak out when you get into your side of the bed. | 你上床的时候别吓到 |
[07:54] | It looks bad, but most of it’s only a Moon Pie. | 看起来不太好 只是个月亮派罢了 |
[07:56] | Did you know the Latin | 你知道这小家伙的 |
[07:58] | name for this little guy is Danaus plexippus, | 拉丁名字叫Danaus plexippus |
[08:00] | and that he actually crawls out of his own skin to pupate? | 而且他会自己脱皮成蛹吗 |
[08:03] | Then the outer layer hardens into the chrysalis. | 外层变硬成为蝶蛹 |
[08:05] | That’s Greek for “Golden.” | 在希腊语里是黄金的意思 |
[08:06] | And once they turn into butterflies, | 而且当它们变成了蝴蝶 |
[08:07] | they can migrate up to 2,000 miles. | 他们可以迁徙2000英里远呢 |
[08:10] | Pretty awesome, huh? | 很赞吧 |
[08:11] | Oh, got to feed them some more milkweed. | 得给他们多喂点乳草了 |
[08:15] | Wow. | 哇 |
[08:16] | That’s the first time I’ve ever seen | 这是我第一次见Reese |
[08:18] | Reese take a concerned interest in another living thing. | 这么在意另一个活物呢 |
[08:21] | It’s kind of nice to know he’s got a compassionate side. | 看到他能有热衷的一面真是不错 |
[08:23] | I want those revolting bugs in the trash by tomorrow morning. | 我要那些恶心的虫子明早就在垃圾箱里 |
[08:30] | Craig Craig. | |
[08:31] | Take a look at this. | 看这个 |
[08:32] | If you don’t mind, I’m | 如果你不介意 |
[08:33] | trying to get in a quick nap before my break. | 我想在休息时间之前小睡一会儿 |
[08:36] | Seriously. Check out this guy. | 说真的 看这人呀 |
[08:39] | He’s here, and then two hours later… | 他在这儿 然后两个小时之后 |
[08:44] | …he’s still there, only in a different outfit. | 他还在 只是衣服换了 |
[08:46] | And three hours later, he shows up again in another outfit. | 接着三小时后 他穿着另一件衣服出现了 |
[08:55] | Whoa! | 哇 |
[08:56] | Did you see that?! | 你看到了没 |
[08:58] | Malcolm, please. | Malcolm拜托 |
[08:59] | If I don’t get my 16 hours, I’m a bear. | 如果我睡不满16小时就要变成一头愤怒的公熊了 |
[09:37] | What are doing in there? | 你在那干嘛 |
[09:40] | Shopping. | 购物 |
[09:41] | You’re not shopping. | 你不是在购物 |
[09:42] | You’re the guy from the videotape. | 你是监控录像里那个人 |
[09:47] | You’re living here? | 你住在这儿吗 |
[09:48] | Malcolm, please. Your mom’s going to hear us. | 注意点Malcolm 你妈要听到我们的对话了 |
[09:50] | How do you know my name? How do you know my mom? | 你怎么知道我名字 你怎么知道她是我妈 |
[09:53] | I’ve been here for a while. | 我在这儿待了好一阵了 |
[09:55] | And you were right about moving the tortilla | 而且关于把玉米片移到辣酱道的决定 |
[09:57] | chips to the salsa aisle. The sales are up at least 15%. | 你是对的 销售额上涨了至少百分之15 |
[09:59] | I knew it. Wait. | 我就知道 等等 |
[10:02] | How long’s “A while?” | “一阵”是指多久 |
[10:03] | Three years in January. | 一月就满三年了 |
[10:06] | I was going to move over to foot care, | 我本来打算搬去足疗中心 |
[10:07] | but once you get unpacked, it’s… | 但是当你歇下包裹 就 |
[10:08] | You’ve been living in this store for three years? Are you crazy? | 你在这儿住了三年 你疯了吗 |
[10:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[10:13] | I just… | 我只是 |
[10:15] | Malcolm, I had this super high-pressure job. | Malcolm 我之前有份压力超大的工作 |
[10:18] | People were constantly hounding me for answers, | 人们不断逼向我讨要答案 |
[10:20] | decisions, budgets, signatures. My-My nerves were a total wreck. | 决策 预算 签名 我的神经要崩塌了 |
[10:24] | I was wandering around here waiting for my Xanax refill, | 当我在这等着续镇定剂的时候 |
[10:27] | my-my cell phone and BlackBerry both going off, and I saw this crack. | 我的手机和黑莓都断信号了 我看到了这个缝 |
[10:32] | And I decided to hide in there, just for a few minutes, and… | 所以我决定在这儿多待一会儿 就几分钟 |
[10:38] | …it was fantastic. | 结果发现这儿太棒了 |
[10:40] | I didn’t want to leave. | 我不想离开 |
[10:42] | And then I didn’t, and no one noticed, so I just… stayed. | 然后就没离开 结果没人发现 所以 我就留在这儿了 |
[10:49] | You never left the store in all that time? | 这段时间你从没离开过商店吗 |
[10:51] | You guys are pretty well-stocked here. | 你们这儿存货充足 |
[10:53] | Lots of canned goods, toiletries… | 很多罐头食品 还有洗漱用具 |
[10:55] | Every day I clean a different | 我每天都在洗手间水池 |
[10:56] | third of my body in the bathroom sink. | 清洗我身上不同的部位 |
[10:59] | -But you can’t just live here. -Why not? | -但是你不能住在这儿吧 -为什么不行 |
[11:00] | I-I pay for everything I use, | 我用的东西都有付钱 |
[11:03] | I help out whenever I can. I clean spills, I change light bulbs. | 只要我有空我都会帮忙 清理污渍 换灯泡 |
[11:06] | I have saved Craig’s life at least five times. | 而且救了Craig的命至少五次 |
[11:08] | You’re not going to tell on me, are you? | 你不会告发我的 对吧 |
[11:10] | I don’t know… | 我不知道 |
[11:11] | What about Wendy? | 那Wendy呢 |
[11:13] | I know you like her. | 我知道你喜欢她 |
[11:15] | And I can help you. | 而且我能帮你 |
[11:16] | I see her all the time. I overhear her conversations. | 我常看到她 也无意间听过她的谈话 |
[11:19] | I know everything about her, | 我知道她的所有事情 |
[11:21] | like why she broke up with her last boyfriend. | 比如为什么她和她前男友分手 |
[11:23] | -Why? -Will you let me stay? | -为什么 -你会让我留下吗 |
[11:28] | Yeah, all right. | 好吧 可以 |
[11:30] | Okay, so I’m entrusting my love life | 好吧 我把我的感情生活托付给了 |
[11:31] | to a burned-out hermit who lives behind a ball cage. | 一个住在球笼后面的狼狈的隐士 |
[11:33] | That doesn’t make me a desperate loser. | 但这不会让我变成个绝望的失败者的 |
[11:36] | I’m doing it anyway. | 反正我要这么做了 |
[11:41] | -Okay, Reese… -Shh. Dad, they’re pupating. | -好吧Reese -嘘 爸 它们在化蛹 |
[11:44] | They need peace and quiet | 它们需要和平安静的环境 |
[11:44] | while they’re developing their delicate new… | 来完成它们精妙的新 |
[11:46] | We got to dump the bugs. | 我们得把这些虫扔了 |
[11:47] | What?! | 什么 |
[11:47] | Sorry. Your mother wants them gone. | 抱歉 你妈妈想丢掉它们 |
[11:49] | No, you can’t do this. | 不行 你不能这么做 |
[11:51] | They never hurt anyone. | 它们从没伤害过任何人 |
[11:52] | They have no protection, no one to watch over them. | 没人保护它们 |
[11:55] | Oh, crap, I’m too late. | 糟糕 太迟了 |
[11:57] | You bonded with them, didn’t you? | 你已经和它们有感情了 |
[11:59] | Well, welcome to my world. | 欢迎来到我的世界 |
[12:01] | Now you’re stuck with feelings of unjustified | 现在你陷入了和一堆 |
[12:04] | love for a bunch of mindless, ungrateful eating machines. | 愚蠢又不知感恩的饭桶不公平的感情中 |
[12:07] | See how you like it. | 看你什么感觉 |
[12:09] | At least yours will be dead in a month. | 至少你的饭桶们一个月之内就会死了 |
[12:11] | Then I can keep them? | 那我能不能留着它们 |
[12:12] | Throw them under the tarp with the Playboys. | 和花花公子一起藏在防水布下面 |
[12:14] | And you better be a sullen jerk to me in | 而且在你妈面前你得看起来很生气 |
[12:16] | front of your mother so she doesn’t get wise. You got that? | 不然她会起疑的 明白了吗 |
[12:24] | -Go on. -Okay. | -继续 -好的 |
[12:25] | I overheard her on the phone | 我听到她打电话的时候说 |
[12:27] | saying she’s sick of guys who play games. | 她已经厌恶了那些只是玩玩而已的男生 |
[12:29] | She says she just wants someone who’s honest and straightforward. | 她说她想要个诚实又直白的人 |
[12:33] | That’s great. I’m totally honest and straightforward. | 太好了 我完全就是诚实又直白 |
[12:35] | Actually, you’re more like blunt and aggressive. | 事实上你更像愚钝又暴躁 |
[12:38] | That’s okay. You just got to slow down, give yourself a chance. | 不过没事 你只需要放慢脚步 给自己个机会 |
[12:40] | She spent 22 minutes and 18 seconds looking | 她是会花22分钟18秒看情人节贺卡的女生 |
[12:43] | through Hallmark cards. She needs to be treated gently. | 她需要被温柔地对待 |
[12:46] | Here’s some stuff she likes. | 她喜欢这些东西 |
[12:48] | Movies, music, shampoo brands, paper towels… | 电影 音乐 香波品牌 纸巾 |
[12:52] | Uh, well, some of it’s more useful than others, but learn it all. | 有些是比其他有用 但是你得全都记着 |
[12:55] | When the time’s right, you can | 等时机到了 |
[12:56] | show her how much you have in common with her. | 你就能让她知道你们共同点多么的多 |
[12:58] | Thanks. This is great. | 谢了 太好了 |
[12:59] | Who are you talking to? | 你在跟谁讲话 |
[13:00] | Um, I was just… singing. | 呃 我只是在 唱歌 |
[13:03] | Thanks, this is great, | 谢谢 太棒了 |
[13:05] | As long as we’re together, girl. | 只要我们在一起 女孩 |
[13:07] | Yeah. | 耶 |
[13:08] | In my car. | 在我的车里 |
[13:12] | I want you to know something. | 我想让你知道些事 |
[13:14] | I’ve been sleeping in that bed by myself for a week. | 我一周都一个人睡在那床上 |
[13:17] | A week without sharing covers, a week without being smashed, | 不用抢被子不用被碾压 |
[13:20] | and a week without having anyone’s butt shoved into my face. | 也没有别人的屁股在我脸上挤的一周 |
[13:23] | So, what are you angry about? | 所以你在气什么 |
[13:25] | Because during the last week, I’ve grown half an inch. | 因为上周我长高了半公分 |
[13:28] | You lied to me. | 你骗我 |
[13:29] | I’m not the smallest kid in my class from my genetics. | 我是班里个子最小的不是因为基因 |
[13:32] | It’s because I’ve been | 而是因为 |
[13:33] | stuffed into a bed with Malcolm all my life. | 我一直都和Malcolm挤在一张床上 |
[13:35] | Whoo, you don’t know that. | 这可说不准 |
[13:37] | It could be all the crap we feed you, | 说不定是因为你吃的那些东西 |
[13:39] | or the chemical plant near the park. | 或者公园边上的化学作物 |
[13:41] | -Dad… -Dewey, I’m sorry. | -爸 -Dewey 我很抱歉 |
[13:42] | But we can’t afford to buy you your own bed. | 但是我们没钱给你买张你自己的床 |
[13:44] | You’ll just have to grow after Malcolm goes off to college. | 你在Malcolm去大学之后长个就好了 |
[13:47] | Oh, no, then Jamie’s going into it. | 哦 不对 Jamie就要去谁那床了 |
[13:50] | Well, at least you’ll always be bigger than he is. | 反正你至少永远会比Jamie高大 |
[13:58] | Yesterday, I passed Wendy at the time clock | 昨天 我经过的时候向Wendy |
[14:00] | and casually mentioned how I liked the smell of bookstores. | 随意地提起了我多么喜欢书店的味道 |
[14:02] | She was so charmed, I didn’t even care how stupid that is. | 她完全被迷住了 我都不在意这有多蠢了 |
[14:05] | All right, what’s going on? | 好吧 发生什么了 |
[14:06] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[14:07] | You haven’t complained about one thing in the last week. | 你上周没有抱怨任何事情 |
[14:10] | The only time you don’t | 你只有藏了什么的时候 |
[14:11] | complain is when you’re hiding something from me. | 才不会抱怨 |
[14:13] | I’m not hiding anything from you. | 我什么都没藏 |
[14:14] | Malcolm Malcolm. | |
[14:15] | There you are. | 在这儿呢 |
[14:16] | Remember last week when you were | 记得上周你试图 |
[14:17] | trying to figure out how that spill got cleaned up? | 搞清楚那污渍怎么被擦掉的吗 |
[14:18] | No. | 不记得 |
[14:19] | But remember those vitamins getting pulled from the shelf, | 但是你记得那些从架子上取下来的维他命 |
[14:21] | and the ice cream case getting cleaned, | 干净的冰淇淋柜 |
[14:23] | and those socks being left out to dry and all those | 还有那些在外晾干的袜子 |
[14:25] | other things that seemed like they were happening by themselves? | 以及那些所有看起来是自己发生的事情吗 |
[14:27] | Not now, Craig. | 现在不合适 Craig |
[14:28] | I figured it out. I know what’s going on. | 我搞清楚了 我知道发生了什么 |
[14:31] | The store is haunted. | 商店闹鬼了 |
[14:32] | Craig Craig… | |
[14:33] | -All right, what’s in this bag? -Nothing. I’m restocking. | -好吧 包里是什么 -没什么 我在补货 |
[14:36] | Fresh fruit? | 新鲜水果 |
[14:39] | A package of all-cotton underwear? | 一包全棉内裤 |
[14:42] | A decent book? | 一本正经的书 |
[14:43] | We don’t sell this stuff. | 我们不卖这些 |
[14:46] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[14:47] | If you must know, I was restocking my locker. | 如果你一定要知道 我在给我的柜子补货 |
[14:49] | I’ve been having intense stomach problems, and that’s | 我最近很容易饿 |
[14:52] | what the fruit is for, and the underwear, and sadly, the book, too. | 这就是水果 内裤 不幸的 还有书的作用 |
[14:55] | And now that you’ve publicly humiliated me, | 现在你是在当众羞辱我了 |
[14:57] | can I go about my business? | 我能去做自己的事了吗 |
[15:02] | Okay, not bad. It’s plausible, | 好了 还行吧 听起来可信 |
[15:04] | embarrassing enough for the outburst, and essentially unprovable. | 足够丢脸到爆发 而且没法证实 |
[15:08] | I just have to stand my ground. | 我只要不动摇就行 |
[15:29] | Attention Lucky Aide trespasser. | 注意了 幸福好帮手的入侵者 |
[15:33] | You do not get to do this. You do not get to live off the grid. | 你不需要这么做 你不需要脱离这个世界 |
[15:37] | If anyone on the planet was entitled to hide from | 要是有人有资格藏点什么 |
[15:39] | all the aggravation, it would be me, but I don’t, do you understand? | 那也是我 但是我不会的 明白了吗 |
[15:42] | No one gets to shirk their share of the misery. | 没人可以逃避他们那份的痛苦 |
[15:45] | Everyone has to be stuck in this together. | 所有人都得一起陷在这儿 |
[15:47] | That’s what’s fair. Those are the rules. | 这才叫公平 这才叫规矩 |
[15:50] | Now, you obviously know me, | 现在 你很明显认识我 |
[15:51] | so you know what I’m willing to do to find you. | 所以你应该知道为了找你我会做什么 |
[15:54] | So save us both the time and come out now. | 所以给彼此省点时间现在出来吧 |
[16:08] | Let me handle this. | 我来搞定 |
[16:12] | Do you know anything about a guy living in the store? | 你知道关于住在商店里的男人的事情吗 |
[16:24] | No! | 不 |
[16:33] | No, Reese, you’re not coming in here with those. | 不 Reese 你别想和那些一起进来 |
[16:35] | But they’ll freeze to death out there! | 但是在外面它们会冷死的 |
[16:37] | I’m sorry, son. I already | 抱歉啦儿子 我已经 |
[16:38] | promised your mom I would get rid of them. | 答应你妈摆脱它们了 |
[16:40] | And I have four or five | 而且我还有四五个生命垂危的谎呢 |
[16:41] | other lies in the fire I can’t jeopardize. | 我不能冒这个险 |
[16:44] | The bugs stay outside. | 虫子必须呆在外面 |
[16:45] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[16:47] | Then I’ll… | 那么我就 |
[16:48] | I’ll… I’ll fight you for it. | 就 势必跟你来场肉搏了 |
[16:50] | Reese, you already fought me for the | Reese 你两个礼拜前已经为了 |
[16:51] | last English muffin two weeks ago, and I cleaned your clock. | 最后一个蛋糕和我打过了 而且我完爆了你 |
[16:54] | But this time, I’m fighting for | 但这次我是为了我爱它胜于 |
[16:55] | something I love even more than those muffins. | 爱蛋糕的东西而战 |
[16:57] | Keep your voice down. You’re going to wake Jamie. | 小声点 你要把Jamie吵醒了 |
[16:58] | Good. I want him to hear what | 那更好 我要让他听听看 |
[17:00] | kind of heartless monster his father really is. | 他爸爸实际上是怎样一个冷血无情的野兽 |
[17:03] | Come on, old man, let’s go. | 来啊 老人家 来战 |
[17:05] | All right. But if I throw my back out again beating you up, | 好吧 但是如果我再次战胜了 |
[17:08] | I am going to kick the crap out of you. | 看我抽不死你 |
[17:19] | Well, the police are on their way. | 警察在来的路上了 |
[17:21] | Three years you’ve been living here. Unbelievable. | 你竟然在这儿住了三年 难以置信 |
[17:24] | Didn’t you once give me the Heimlich maneuver in Snacks and Nuts? | 你是不是在我被零食卡主的时候给我做过一次急救 |
[17:28] | You’ve got to learn to chew. | 你得学会嚼东西 |
[17:30] | Easier said, my friend. | 说得容易 朋友 |
[17:32] | Mom, can’t you just let him go? | 妈 你不能放了他吗 |
[17:34] | He didn’t even really do anything wrong. | 他没做错什么事 |
[17:36] | He paid for everything he took. | 他拿的东西都付了钱 |
[17:38] | He helped out around the store. The guy’s just living here. | 他还一直帮商店的忙 这人只是住在这儿罢了 |
[17:40] | What’s wrong with that? | 有什么错 |
[17:41] | I could just disappear, go to the | 我可以离开 |
[17:43] | Wal-Mart down the block. I’ve heard great things about them. | 去街角的沃尔玛 听说他们很好 |
[17:45] | He broke the rules, Malcolm. | 他违反规定了 Malcolm |
[17:47] | The rules matter. | 规定很重要 |
[17:49] | Rules say we get paid time and a half for the graveyard shift. | 规定说我们在夜班能多拿一半的工资 |
[17:52] | The rules say trespassers are dealt with by the police. | 规定说入侵者要交给警察 |
[17:55] | You can’t just pick and choose what | 你不能只选你想遵守的规定 |
[17:56] | rules you want to follow, or the whole system breaks down. | 不然系统都会崩坏的 |
[17:58] | -But… -Malcolm, I’m sorry. | -但 -Malcolm 我很抱歉 |
[18:00] | But as long as I’m working here, | 但是只要我在这儿工作 |
[18:02] | I can’t bend the rules for anyone. | 我就不能为了任何人违反规定 |
[18:06] | 7:30. Shift’s over. | 七点半 轮班结束了 |
[18:08] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[18:09] | I’m off the clock. I’m going home. | 我下班了 要回家 |
[18:11] | Everybody else can do whatever they want. | 大家随便想干嘛都行 |
[18:14] | But they better do it quick. They don’t have a lot of time. | 但是最好快点 没有多少时间了 |
[18:22] | -Thank you. -For what? | -谢谢 -谢什么 |
[18:26] | Great. She lets that guy walk, but makes a federal | 呵呵 她让这人走了 但每当我输入我的电话号码和避孕药 |
[18:28] | case whenever I put my phone number in with the birth control pills. | 时就制造个联邦案件 |
[18:33] | -Hi, Malcolm. -Oh, hey, Wendy. | -嗨Malcom -哦嘿Wendy |
[18:35] | Did you get the blue irises I sent you? | 你拿到我寄给你的蓝色鸢尾花了吗 |
[18:37] | Yeah, I did. | 拿到了 |
[18:38] | How did you know those were my favorite flowers? | 你怎么知道那是我最喜欢的花 |
[18:41] | Well, you know, I guess we just really have a lot in common. | 你知道的 我们大概真的有很多共同点 |
[18:44] | Like loving grilled cheese | 比如喜欢烤芝士明治 |
[18:45] | and tomato sandwiches and Stephen King books. | 和史蒂芬金的书 |
[18:48] | I wouldn’t be surprised if you were a big Coldplay fan, too. | 如果你是Coldplay的粉我也不会惊讶 |
[18:52] | What the hell are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[18:53] | Following me around? Are you stalking me? | 跟着我吗 你有跟踪我吗 |
[18:56] | No. No, no. I guess we’re just really in sync. | 没没没 我才我们只是真的心有灵犀 |
[18:59] | Is that so weird? I mean, sometimes two people… | 很怪吗 有时候两个人 |
[19:02] | You stay away from me, creep. | 离我远点 变态 |
[19:07] | Don’t worry, buddy. | 别担心 兄弟 |
[19:08] | Even I get that sometimes. | 就连我有时也被这样说 |
[19:12] | Dad, the toilet lid was up, and Jamie’s tongue is blue again. | 爸爸 马桶盖是开着的 而且Jamie的舌头又蓝了 |
[19:24] | Did you spend all night out there? | 你整晚都在外面吗 |
[19:25] | My choice. | 我自愿的 |
[19:26] | It’s very bracing out there. | 外面很凉爽 |
[19:29] | Now why don’t you help me into | 现在 你何不帮我去洗澡 |
[19:31] | the shower and see if we can’t save your dad’s toes. | 然后看看我们是否能救回你爸的脚趾头 |
[19:43] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 Winston |
[19:45] | Winston, is that you? | 那是你吗 |
[19:48] | Geez. | 天哪 |
[19:50] | I thought you were going to look | 我以为你们变成蝴蝶之后看起来 |
[19:51] | totally gay as a butterfly, but you look amazing. | 会很基 但你看起来超美 |
[19:55] | Harv Harv? | |
[19:58] | And Julio. | 还有Julio |
[19:59] | I knew you’d be one of the first. | 我知道你会是最先成蝶的之一 |
[20:01] | You were always the head of the class. | 你总是班里的领头人物 |
[20:06] | This is fantastic. | 这太棒了 |
[20:08] | Look at all of you guys. | 看看你们 |
[20:12] | Wow. | 哇 |
[20:14] | I forgot how many of you there were. | 我都忘了你们有多少只了 |
[20:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:19] | That’s a lot of fluttering. | 那是很多翅膀 |
[20:21] | That’s enough. | 够多了 |
[20:27] | Get off of me. | 从我身上下来 |
[20:29] | Get the hell off of me! | 下来啊 |
[20:31] | Help! | 救命 |
[20:32] | Help! | 救命 |
[20:40] | Good news. Wendy’s restraining | 好消息 Wendy对我的距离限制 |
[20:41] | order has been reduced from 100 feet to 50 feet. | 从100英尺缩短到50英尺了 |
[20:44] | If I can yell loud enough, I think I can straighten this out. | 如果我喊的够响 就能让这事转好了 |
[20:47] | It’s so good to have you back. | 你回来真是太好了 |
[20:49] | -Oh. You coming home for lunch? -Mm, and coffee break. | -你回来吃午饭吗 -嗯还有休息 |
[20:55] | No, no! | 不 不 |
[20:58] | Okay, one more week, then that joke’s off limits. | 好了 最多一周 然后就不准再用这个梗了 |