时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | So, if Rex Huntington is the finest doctor in Spring Valley, | 如果Rex Huntington是斯普林瓦市最好的医生的话 |
[00:03] | why is he defending Jessica in the murder trial. | 那他为什么会在谋杀审讯中帮Jessica辩护呢 |
[00:05] | Because, before he got pushed off that mountain and got amnesia, | 因为他在被推下山变失忆之前 |
[00:09] | he was the finest lawyer in Spring Valley. | 是斯普林瓦市最好的律师 |
[00:11] | What I can’t believe is | 我真不敢相信 |
[00:12] | Jessica is having an affair with the judge. | Jessica竟然跟那法官乱搞 |
[00:14] | I mean, he’s totally using | 他完全就在利用她 |
[00:15] | her to get his hands on the Farnsworth fortune. | 谋夺Farnsworth的财产 |
[00:19] | You can’t ground me! | 你不能指证我 |
[00:20] | That fire could have been started by anybody! | 任何人都有可能引起那场火 |
[00:22] | Why don’t you ever take my side?! | 为什么你都不能站在我这边 |
[00:23] | You never listen anything I say! | 你从来都不听我说 |
[00:29] | You know, Reese, some very | Reese 其实有些很有男子气概的 |
[00:30] | manly men watch soap operas with their mothers. | 男人也会跟他们的妈妈一起看肥皂剧 |
[01:09] | If you are diligent in your efforts, | 如果你们再努把力 |
[01:12] | you will find that our spring project | 就会发现我们的小组社会研究项目 |
[01:14] | will develop your fine motor skills and powers of concentration. | 能有效提高你们的动手能力和专注力 |
[01:21] | Also, it will teach you a vocation that may, | 而且 这还教会你一项技能 |
[01:24] | one day, lead you a life of semi-independence. | 让你在将来过上半独立的生活 |
[01:29] | Hello, class. | 同学们好 |
[01:30] | Hello, Principal Jeffers. | 你好 Jeffers校长 |
[01:31] | You’ve come at a very exciting time. | 你来的正是时候 |
[01:33] | We’re about to open a new box of key clips. | 我们正要开一盒新的钥匙扣 |
[01:36] | And how are we all today, students? | 今天进行的怎么样啊 同学们 |
[01:38] | I know no one gives a crap about the kids in this class, | 我知道根本没有人在意这个班的学生 |
[01:41] | but could you get us some | 但是你能给我们一点书 |
[01:42] | books so we could actually learn something? | 让我们进行真正的学习吗 |
[01:44] | The only thing we’ve done | 我们在这学校里的 |
[01:45] | here for the last ten weeks is make lanyards! | 三个多月只是在做挂绳 |
[01:49] | You know what subject I hated most when I was a kid? Math. | 你知道我小时候最讨厌哪一科吗 数学 |
[01:54] | Dewey, I need you to re-sort my pills again. | Dewey 我需要你来帮我重新整理我的药 |
[01:57] | I just finished sorting them. It took me a half hour. | 可是我刚刚才整理完 用了整整半个小时啊 |
[02:00] | I know. But then I unsorted | 但是我之后把它打乱了 |
[02:01] | them so I could see if I could sort them by myself. | 看一下我能不能自己把它整理好 |
[02:04] | I can’t. | 结果是不能 |
[02:06] | All right. Just don’t touch them anymore. | 好吧 别再碰它们了 |
[02:08] | I’ll do it with you after school. | 我放学后会帮你做的 |
[02:10] | Dewey, I need your help after school. | Dewey 我放学后需要你帮忙 |
[02:12] | I’m already helping Hanson. | 我已经答应要帮Hanson了 |
[02:13] | But I need you! | 但我需要你 |
[02:14] | The sidewalks told me they wouldn’t let me walk home anymore. | 人行道说它不能再让我踩着它回家了 |
[02:16] | Can you…? | 你能不能 |
[02:20] | Okay, just wait till I’m done, then I’ll walk you home. | 好吧 等到我做完了 我会送你回家 |
[02:23] | But, seriously, you guys have | 但说真的 你们要开始 |
[02:24] | to start trying to do a little more for yourselves. | 试着自己去做些事情了 |
[02:27] | Oh, that reminds me. My uncle died, | 这提醒了我 我叔叔死了 |
[02:29] | and my parents were wondering if you’d explain death to me. | 我的父母在想你能不能向我解释一下什么是死亡 |
[02:39] | Are you studying? | 你在学习吗 |
[02:41] | Yeah. My stupid teachers wait until | 对 我的白痴老师到了 |
[02:42] | the end of my senior year to tell me I have final exams. | 高三期末才告诉我要考期末考 |
[02:45] | In every single class! | 而且每一科都要考 |
[02:47] | I’ve got to get serious now. | 我现在必须认真起来了 |
[02:48] | If the finals are anything | 如果期末考跟 |
[02:49] | like this practice test, it’s gonna be brutal. | 这模拟试题一样 那我就完蛋了 |
[02:51] | It’s just a bunch of true/false questions. | 那只是一堆判断题 |
[02:54] | So it’s a 50-50 chance. | 那么那就是一半一半的机会 |
[02:56] | Do you know what the odds are of getting one of those right? | 你知道要做对一题需要多大的几率吗 |
[02:59] | $23 for the neighborhood association. | 23美元是给街道联合会 |
[03:02] | The annual meeting is tomorrow night. | 明天晚上就是年度会议了 |
[03:03] | It’s been a year already? Those people are relentless. | 已经一年了吗 那些人真是坚持不懈 |
[03:06] | You think, if we showed up once, they’d stop inviting us? | 如果我们出席一次的话 他们会不会不再邀请我们去呢 |
[03:08] | That’s always been the pattern. | 例行公事罢了 |
[03:10] | Hal, don’t worry. You have a good excuse. | Hal 不用担心 你今年有个好借口 |
[03:12] | Tomorrow you’re cleaning the dead possum out of the chimney. | 明天你要清理那只在烟囱里的负鼠尸体 |
[03:14] | The smell has gotten so bad, | 那气味太臭了 |
[03:16] | I can’t tell when Jamie needs changing anymore. | 我都无法判断Jamie什么时候该换尿布了 |
[03:18] | You know, if we just wait a few more weeks, | 知道吗 如果我们再等几个星期 |
[03:20] | it’ll disintegrate on its own. | 它会自己分解的 |
[03:21] | Tomorrow, Hal. | 明天就做 Hal |
[03:22] | I’m sick of all those crows on the roof. | 我被屋顶上那些乌鸦烦死了 |
[03:26] | Hey, Dad. | 老爸 |
[03:27] | What? Wait. You think patriotism is a joke?! | 什么 你觉得爱国主义是个玩笑 |
[03:30] | Representative government | 代议制政府 |
[03:31] | is an outdated sham? I can’t believe my ears! | 是个过时的骗子 我真不敢相信我的耳朵 |
[03:34] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[03:35] | What did he say? | 他说了什么 |
[03:36] | I can’t even repeat it. I’m sorry, | 我无力重复 对不起 |
[03:38] | Lois, but the chimney will just have to wait. | Lois 但这个烟囱的事要耽搁一下了 |
[03:40] | I’m taking Malcolm to the neighborhood association meeting. | 我要带Malcolm去街道联合会会议 |
[03:43] | Let’s hope seeing democracy in | 希望民主政策的实施 |
[03:44] | action will give our little cynic a wake-up call. | 能够唤醒这个小犬儒主义者 |
[03:52] | Chad, I have to finish correcting everyone’s homework. | Chad 我要帮每个人改正作业 |
[03:54] | It’s been in your mouth a half an hour. | 这已经在你嘴里半小时了 |
[03:56] | Either spit it out or swallow it. | 要不吐了 要不吞了 |
[03:58] | Dewey Dewey? | |
[03:59] | Oh, hey, Francis. | 噢 Francis |
[04:00] | You want to talk to Mom? | 你要找妈妈吗 |
[04:01] | No. I called to talk to you. | 不 我打来是想找你 |
[04:03] | Me? Really? | 找我 真的吗 |
[04:05] | Yeah. Listen. I’m up for a | 对 听着 我申请了一个工作 |
[04:06] | job as activities director at a summer camp, | 是做夏令营的活动指导 |
[04:09] | but I have to show them what kind of program I can put together. | 但是我要向他们证明我能做出哪种活动计划 |
[04:11] | I need you to help me. | 我需要你帮忙 |
[04:13] | -You want my help? -Yeah. | – 你需要我帮忙 – 对 |
[04:15] | I have all these great ideas for games, | 我有很多好玩的游戏 |
[04:16] | so I’m gonna come home tomorrow so I can play them with you. | 我明天回家跟你一起玩这些游戏 |
[04:19] | You know, to make sure they’re fun enough. | 得保证它们真的很有趣 |
[04:20] | So how does that sound? | 听起来怎么样 |
[04:22] | Like a setup for a cruel practical joke, | 像是一个残忍恶作剧的圈套 |
[04:24] | but I’m willing to take the risk. | 但我愿意冒险一试 |
[04:31] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[04:32] | We’re here for the homeowners meeting. | 我们来这里开业主会议 |
[04:34] | Oh, my God! Really? | 天哪 真的吗 |
[04:37] | Oh, that’s fantastic! | 太好了 |
[04:41] | Jim Phipps Jim Phipps. | |
[04:42] | I’m the association’s attorney. | 我是联合会的代理人 |
[04:44] | So… where is everyone? | 那么 其他人在哪 |
[04:45] | Well, I kind of am everyone. | 我大概就是其他人 |
[04:48] | No one’s ever shown up for a homeowners meeting in 20 years. | 20年来没一个人出席过 |
[04:52] | You’re kidding. Not one person? | 开玩笑的吧 一个人都没有吗 |
[04:53] | Not one… not one… | 一个都 没有 |
[04:55] | I send out 150 flyers every year, | 每年我都派发了整整150张传单 |
[04:57] | exactly as mandated by the developer, but nobody ever comes. | 完全满足了发展商的要求 但是没有人来 |
[05:02] | I’ve tried different fonts, I’ve upgraded the doughnuts, | 我试过了不同的字体 我买了新的甜甜圈 |
[05:06] | but people just don’t seem to be interested. | 但是他们就是没有兴趣 |
[05:08] | So, every year, you rent a room, and hold a meeting for nobody? | 所以 每年你都租个场地 举行一个没有人来的会议吗 |
[05:11] | Absolutely. | 没错 |
[05:12] | My contract with the developer is very clear. | 我跟发展商的合约写的很清楚 |
[05:16] | In exchange for a $2,000 annual retainer, | 为了每年2000美元的预付聘金 |
[05:18] | I’m to conduct annual meetings, | 我必须要主持年度会议 |
[05:20] | take the minutes, and | 作会议记录 |
[05:22] | manage the association’s financial interests. | 管理联合会财政收益 |
[05:25] | Financial interest? | 财政收益 |
[05:26] | Well, actually, there aren’t any. | 其实一点收益也没有 |
[05:28] | I didn’t mean to come off so self-important. | 我不想太独断 |
[05:31] | Only the homeowners can decide where the money goes, | 因为只有业主才能决定钱的用途 |
[05:33] | so I’ve just been putting the dues in a savings account. | 所以我就把那些会费存进了银行 |
[05:37] | The bank gave me a toaster in 1987. I never even opened the box. | 银行在1987年送了我一个面包机 我现在还没打开那盒子 |
[05:43] | So, 150 homes paying 23 bucks over 20 years, | 那么 150户每年交23美元交了20年 |
[05:46] | passbook interest, minus the retainer… | 按照存款利率 减去预付 |
[05:50] | Oh, my God! If my math is right, | 天哪 如果我没算错的话 |
[05:52] | he’s sitting on at least $83,000! | 他管理着最少83000美元 |
[05:55] | Who am I kidding? Of course my math is right. | 骗谁呢 我当然不会算错 |
[05:57] | You know, it sure would be nice | 到最后终于有人来接管这事 |
[05:59] | to have someone finally take charge of this thing. | 实在是太好了 |
[06:03] | Would you ever consider being | 你有没有考虑过 |
[06:04] | president of the neighborhood association? | 要当街道联合会主席 |
[06:08] | I don’t think so. It sounds like… work. | 我觉得这不太好 这听起来就是 工作 |
[06:10] | Dad, what are you talking about? | 老爸 你在说什么 |
[06:11] | Of course you want to be president! | 你当然想当主席 |
[06:13] | This is your chance to really do something for the community. | 这是你真的为社区做点事的机会 |
[06:15] | -I don’t think… -You can’t turn this down. | – 我不觉得 – 你不能拒绝这个 |
[06:17] | You’ve always told me that a real | 你老是告诉我一个真正的市民 |
[06:19] | citizen is willing to make sacrifices for the greater good. | 是能够牺牲小我 完成大我 |
[06:22] | -This doesn’t sound like… -And I took those words to heart! | – 这听起来不像是 – 而我把这些话刻了在心上 |
[06:25] | They inspired me. | 它们激励了我 |
[06:26] | And now I have a chance to see | 现在我有机会去看看 |
[06:27] | my own dad show me what democracy is all about. | 我自己的爸爸去教会我什么是民主主义 |
[06:30] | You can’t deny me that. | 你不能拒绝我 |
[06:31] | -Well… -It’s not just for me. | – 那个 – 这不仅仅是为了我 |
[06:33] | It’s for our family, our block, the whole neighborhood! | 这是为了我们家 我们街区 我们整个社区 |
[06:37] | Think of all the people you could help. | 想想那些你能帮助的人 |
[06:39] | The world is waiting for you to make it a better place! | 都在等你去创造一个更好的世界 |
[06:43] | Well… Okay. I’ll do it. | 好 我做 |
[06:46] | Finally! | 终于有人了 |
[06:48] | This is exactly the reason I went into zoning law. | 这也正是我去学分区法的原因 |
[07:11] | I don’t see how this helps. | 我看不出来这有什么用 |
[07:14] | Where’s Dewey? | Dewey在哪 |
[07:16] | When I was his age, I was out of school hours ago. | 我像他那么大的时候 我早就放学了 |
[07:19] | Doing independent study… | 在图书馆里 |
[07:20] | at the library… | 做独立研究 |
[07:22] | not smoking. | 没有香烟陪伴 |
[07:23] | So, it’s exciting about the job. | 工作的事很让人高兴啊 |
[07:25] | Yeah. It’s been a long hunt, but it finally paid off. | 对 真的是柳暗花明 |
[07:29] | Don’t you have to have some | 你不是要有些证书 |
[07:30] | kind of degree or something to work with children? | 或者是些其他什么来加入儿童工作吗 |
[07:32] | You never think anything I ever do is good enough! | 你一直都觉得我做什么都做得不好 |
[07:34] | I happened to do very well at that interview. | 我刚好在面试的时候表现出色 |
[07:36] | All I have to do now is just show them | 现在我要做的只是向他们 |
[07:37] | that I can put together a good program for the summer. | 证明我能为夏令营做出一个好的活动计划 |
[07:40] | So you don’t have the job. | 就是说 你没有拿到那份工作 |
[07:42] | I have the job! What? Don’t you understand about that?! | 我拿到了 怎么 难道你不理解那个意思吗 |
[07:44] | I don’t know. It just sounds | 只是它听起来 |
[07:45] | like the real estate thing all over again. | 就像是之前房地产事件的翻版 |
[07:47] | Why can’t you just have faith in me for once?! | 为什么你就不能相信我一次呢 |
[07:50] | Gin. Want to play again? | 赢了 要再来一次吗 |
[07:52] | Sure. | 好 |
[07:54] | -You know who’s hiring? -I have a job! | – 你知道谁在请人吗 – 我拿到那份工作了 |
[07:57] | I am appalled. | 你真让我震惊 |
[07:59] | This completion stitch is kinked. | 这收尾收的也太差了 |
[08:02] | Young lady, if you neglect your education, | 小女士 如果你对学习懒怠 |
[08:05] | you deny yourself the keys to success. | 那你就是关上通往成功的大门 |
[08:11] | Dewey, wait! | Dewey 等一下 |
[08:12] | I can’t. I have to get home to see my brother. | 不行 我要回家见我哥哥 |
[08:14] | But I need you to help me with the algebra problems you gave me. | 但我需要你帮我解决你给我的代数问题 |
[08:17] | I went over those problems 20 times! | 我已经演算过20次了 |
[08:20] | But my head passhrough a magnet, and I think I forgot everything. | 但是我分心了 我想我已经全都忘记了 |
[08:31] | I’m sorry! I can’t! | 对不起 我不能帮你 |
[08:34] | I can’t do this anymore. | 不能再这样下去了 |
[08:38] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[08:40] | It’s okay, Dewey. We understand. | 没关系 Dewey 我们明白的 |
[08:43] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[08:44] | Go have fun with your brother. We’ll be fine. | 跟你哥哥玩得开心点 我们没事的 |
[08:52] | Everyone turn in their assignments. | 大家来上交自己的任务 |
[08:55] | I have to take this one home with me. | 我要把这根带回家 |
[08:57] | It doesn’t believe that I have a cat. | 它不相信我有一只猫 |
[08:59] | It 3:00. It is now time to clear your area! | 三点了 是时候要清空你的桌子了 |
[09:04] | I don’t think you want to do anything physical with Chad. | 我想你不会想要跟Chad有任何身体上的接触 |
[09:07] | Don’t test me, young man. | 不要挑战我的极限 年轻人 |
[09:08] | I am an educator who is not afraid to use discipline. | 我是一个不害怕使用惩罚的教育者 |
[09:16] | All right. | 好吧 |
[09:17] | Now it’s a matter for the police. | 现在这是警察的问题了 |
[09:20] | Dewey! What do we do? | Dewey 我们要怎么办 |
[09:21] | He’s not here. | 他不在这 |
[09:22] | Somebody do something! | 找个人来做点事啊 |
[09:30] | Excuse me, Mr. Flerch? | 不好意思 Flerch老师 |
[09:38] | Well I think of the three ideas we had, | 我觉得在我们想的三个主意里面 |
[09:41] | this was the best. | 这个是最好的 |
[09:46] | I win! | 我赢了 |
[09:47] | Good job. | 做得好 |
[09:48] | Okay, Dewey, of all the things we did today, | Dewey 今天我们做的所有事 |
[09:51] | what seemed like it could be more fun? | 你觉得哪一个比较好玩 |
[09:53] | The rainbow acle course or | 彩虹快跑 还是 |
[09:55] | the tickle maze or the shower of lollipops? | 搔痒痒迷宫 还是 棒棒澡堂 |
[09:59] | I have to tell it was all fantastic. | 我必须得说 全部都很好玩 |
[10:01] | It was by far the best day of my life. | 这是我人生中最美好的一天 |
[10:04] | I can make you happier. | 我能让你更高兴 |
[10:08] | “President, comma, Newcastle Adjacent Neighborhood Association.” | 主席 逗号 纽卡斯尔社区街道联合会 |
[10:13] | Hal, that is so fancy. | Hal 这太厉害了 |
[10:14] | Feel the little duck. That’s embossed. | 感受一下那纸质 那印有浮凸图案的 |
[10:17] | So. How’s my little bureaucrat? | 我的小幕僚怎么样了 |
[10:20] | Fantastic. | 很好 |
[10:21] | I’m just finishing up the details in all | 我刚刚完成为你所说的 |
[10:22] | the neighborhood initiatives you’ve been talking about. | 那些社区首创活动的细节处理 |
[10:25] | I was? | 我说过吗 |
[10:26] | Yeah. Remember you said, “I hope I do a good job”? | 对 还记得你说的”我希望我能打好这份工”吗 |
[10:29] | Obviously that mean structural improvements: | 很明显那是说建设上的进步 |
[10:31] | like installing lights at the | 像是在篮球场上安装灯 |
[10:32] | basketball court and building a skate park… | 和建立滑冰公园 |
[10:34] | and Friday night dance parties with a killer DJ. | 还有跟酷DJ在星期五晚的跳舞派对 |
[10:37] | Isn’t that kinda expensive? | 那不是有点奢侈吗 |
[10:38] | You have to think of it as an investment. | 你要把它当做是一种投资 |
[10:40] | It’s actually expensive not to do it. | 不去做这些才是奢侈 |
[10:42] | There’s $87,000 in the account? | 户头里面有87000美元吗 |
[10:46] | Well, a lot of it gets eaten up servicing the infrastructure. | 很大一部分会花在基础设施服务上 |
[10:48] | Like, there’s no point in having a DJ | 就像 你要请一个DJ |
[10:50] | if you’re not going to have a really rock sound system. | 你就必须要有一套很厉害的设备 |
[10:52] | Why are we just give the homeowners a refund check? | 为什么我们不只是给那些业主们一张退钱支票 |
[10:55] | We could. | 我们可以这样做 |
[10:56] | But we wouldn’t have the money for | 但这样我们就没有钱去做 |
[10:57] | what you said was the most important thing… security. | 你说的最重要的东西 安全设施 |
[11:00] | Security is big. | 安全设施很重要 |
[11:01] | I’ve been racking my brain, | 我想破头来找出办法 |
[11:02] | trying find a way to give every area equal protection. | 让每个区域受到相同程度的保护 |
[11:05] | I wish there was some magic kind of mobile | 我希望有一种像魔法一样的移动保安系统 |
[11:07] | security system that could weave through the neighborhood. | 能在社区街道之间徘徊行进 |
[11:11] | Like a security car? | 像保安车 |
[11:12] | Dad that’s brilliant! | 老爸 那太聪明了 |
[11:14] | And then citizens from the neighborhood | 然后社区里的市民 |
[11:15] | could drive a car out to make sure there’s no trouble. | 能把车开出去确保一切正常 |
[11:17] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[11:18] | Purchasing a car isn’t the only expense. | 买车不是唯一的开支 |
[11:20] | You got to think about storage fees… | 还有停泊的费用 |
[11:22] | Wait, we could park it at our house. | 等一下 我们可以停在我们家 |
[11:25] | You have a real talent for this. | 你真的很有这方面的才华 |
[11:37] | Hey, it’s almost lunchtime. | 差不多该吃午饭了 |
[11:38] | Where’s Flerch? | Flerch在哪 |
[11:40] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[11:41] | You’d think he’d be here by now, but he definitely isn’t. | 你在想平时他早就到这里了 但他没有 |
[11:45] | I know. I’m so fed up. | 我真是忍无可忍了 |
[11:46] | I don’t even think it’s worse complaining about. | 我甚至不觉得抱怨糟糕了 |
[11:49] | Listen, guys, I’m sorry I blew up be here yesterday. | 小伙伴们 我很抱歉我昨天走了 |
[11:52] | I guess I just kind needed a break. | 我想我只是想要休息一下 |
[11:54] | Forget it, Dewey. | 没事 Dewey |
[11:55] | We need start doing things on our own. | 我们是得学会靠自己了 |
[11:57] | And you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[11:58] | I think we’re already doing | 我想我们已经在做 |
[11:59] | things we didn’t think we were capable of. | 那些我们觉得做不到的事了 |
[12:07] | 3081 3,081. | |
[12:09] | Did you pull all night? | 你昨晚通宵了吗 |
[12:11] | Yeah. Math. I kept getting confused, | 对 做数学 我一直都不明白 |
[12:13] | so I’m making a list of all the numbers | 所以我在做一个表来列出全部的数字 |
[12:15] | 3082 3,082. | |
[12:20] | Where do they stop? | 它们到哪才会停啊 |
[12:23] | The state-of-the-art rehearsal studio is essentially free, | 艺术彩排工作室基本上是免费的 |
[12:25] | because once the garage band makes it big, | 因为一旦那些车库摇滚乐队搞的很盛大 |
[12:27] | the community gets ten percent of the record sales. | 社区就会拿到10%的唱片销售额 |
[12:29] | So it’s basically the same | 那么 这跟极限运动营 |
[12:31] | business model as the extreme sport camp. | 的商业模式基本上是一样的 |
[12:34] | So, did you get a chance to go | 你读了我关于 |
[12:36] | through my proposal for a girls’ volleyball tournament? | 女子排球锦标赛的计划书了吗 |
[12:38] | Well… | 那个 |
[12:39] | -Jim, what are you doing here? -I had to share this with you. | – Jim 你在这里做什么 – 我一定要跟你说这件事 |
[12:42] | What is it? | 什么事 |
[12:43] | I was so inspired by what your son said, | 你儿子说的那些话太激励我了 |
[12:46] | that I went beyond the requirements of my retainer | 于是我做了我合约上的要求以外的事 |
[12:49] | and wrote a new constitution for the Neighborhood Association. | 为这个社区街道联合会写了一份新的章程 |
[12:53] | Pro bono of course. | 一切为了社区 |
[12:55] | It’s designed, so that everyone in a comunity will have an | 这让社区内每个人在决策上都有平等的权力 |
[12:59] | equal voice in all decisions. I think it’ll really get people participating. | 我认为这能让人们真的参与到决策中 |
[13:04] | That sounds great, Jim. Thanks. | 听起来很棒 Jim 谢谢了 |
[13:06] | No, thank you for showing | 不 应该谢谢你出席了那次会议 |
[13:08] | up at that meeting and making me belive again. | 重新给了我信仰 |
[13:16] | What a jerk. | 真是混蛋 |
[13:18] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[13:19] | Coming in here with his agenda | 在你做的出色的时候他拿着他的议程到这 |
[13:21] | like you are not doing fantastic job when you are. | 好像在说你都没有做好工作一样 |
[13:23] | I think he just want the voice of the people to be heard. | 我觉得他只是希望大家的声音能被听到 |
[13:26] | You are the voice of the people. | 你才是大家的声音 |
[13:28] | You are the one with the vision. | 你才是有远见的那个人 |
[13:29] | You are the one with the | 你才是那个 |
[13:30] | amazing ideas topping out of you every second. | 时时刻刻都有惊人想法的人 |
[13:33] | – Maybe not every second. – Yes. | – 也不是时时刻刻啦 – 你是 |
[13:35] | Your brain is a factory of ideas. | 你的大脑就像是点子工厂 |
[13:38] | Please do not close the factory. | 请不要把工厂关闭 |
[13:41] | You know, sometimes it’s feels like a factory. | 有时候 它确实像是个工厂 |
[13:43] | Of course it does. You are the leader of this community. | 当然 你就是这个社区的领导者 |
[13:46] | Everybody recognizes it and they love you for it. | 每个人都认可 每个人都热爱 |
[13:49] | Well don’t worry son, | 别担心 儿子 |
[13:51] | I won’t let the people down. | 我不会让人民失望的 |
[13:54] | Okay, Dewey, I’ve got a pretty good | Dewey 我对这些游戏都处理的很好 |
[13:56] | handle on these games, I just want ask you some questions. | 我只是想问你几个问题 |
[13:58] | Okay. | 好 |
[13:59] | When I was cheering encouragement at you, | 当我给你喝彩鼓劲 |
[14:01] | did it ever make you feel scared or angry? | 你会觉得害怕或生气吗 |
[14:03] | What? No. | 怎么可能 |
[14:05] | Good. | 很好 |
[14:06] | And when you lost the candy tag, | 当你失去那个糖果标志的时候 |
[14:07] | did it make you feel bad and want to hurt yourself? | 会不会心情很糟以至于想自残 |
[14:11] | What do you talking about Francis? This questions are weird. | 你在说什么啊 Francis 这个问题很奇怪 |
[14:14] | I’m just try understand better, Dewey. | 我只是想要更深入地了解 Dewey |
[14:16] | I mean, I don’t know all the right questions ask kids like you. | 我不知道任何好的问题去问像你们这样的小孩 |
[14:20] | What you mean “Kids like me”? | “像我这样的小孩”是什么意思 |
[14:22] | Well, you’re in that class. | 你在那种班里面 |
[14:24] | And this is a special camp for children with your… | 而这个特别夏令营是针对你们这种小孩的 |
[14:27] | needs. | 需求 |
[14:30] | I’m not emotionally disturbed, what the hell is wrong with you? | 我不是有心理障碍 你到底有什么毛病啊 |
[14:33] | There’s nothing wrong with either of us. | 我们两个都没有问题 |
[14:35] | I’m not in that class because I’m disturbed! | 我不是因为心理障碍才去那个班 |
[14:37] | I’m in that class so I can help… | 我是为了帮助 |
[14:41] | You’re a jerk! | 你真是个混蛋 |
[14:44] | Okay, my games obviously have too much sugar. | 我的游戏一定是用了太多糖果了 |
[14:57] | Is everything okay? | 一切都好吗 |
[14:59] | Yeah. | 对 |
[15:01] | This is my favorite time of day. | 这是我一天中最喜欢的时候 |
[15:03] | The sun’s about to come up and my mean voice is still asleep. | 太阳快要出来 而我的破嗓子还没苏醒 |
[15:07] | I hate walking to school in the dark. | 我讨厌在黑暗中走回学校 |
[15:09] | I have to run past people’s | 我必须跑过人们的房子 |
[15:10] | houses so I don’t catch their nightmares. | 才能避免碰上他们的噩梦 |
[15:12] | We have to tell Dewey about this. | 我们一定要把这件事告诉Dewey |
[15:13] | No. This is exactly the kind | 不 这正是那种 |
[15:15] | of thing he doesn’t want to be bothered with. | 他不想被牵连的事 |
[15:17] | We can’t handle taking care of Flerch! | 我们没有办法看管好Flerch |
[15:19] | If he dies, we’re gonna have to tell everybody! | 如果他死了 我们就必须告诉大家了 |
[15:21] | Are you saying I’m not doing a good job feeding him? | 你是在说我没有好好地喂他吗 |
[15:23] | I chewed his steak for 20 minutes before I gave it to him! | 我可是帮他嚼牛排嚼了20分钟才喂他 |
[15:27] | Oh, help me! It’s my heart, | 救命 我的心脏 |
[15:29] | weakened as it was by a childhood ailment! | 就像小时候发病一样虚弱 |
[15:36] | He’s dying! I totally called this! | 他要死了 我就知道 |
[15:38] | Give him CPR! | 给他做人工呼吸 |
[15:40] | – I-I’m not strong enough! – We have to keep his heart pumping. | – 我力气不够大 – 我们必须让他心脏保持跳动 |
[15:43] | Use your legs! Chad, help him breathe. | 用脚 Chad 做人工呼吸 |
[15:45] | One, two, three, breathe! | 1 2 3 呼吸 |
[15:49] | One, two, three, breathe! | 1 2 3 呼吸 |
[15:52] | One, two, three, breathe! | 1 2 3 呼吸 |
[15:55] | One, two, three, breathe! | 1 2 3 呼吸 |
[15:57] | Wait. | 等一下 |
[15:58] | I saw this thing on TV once where they helped a guy breathe | 我在电视上看过一次 他们做人工呼吸 |
[16:01] | by cutting a hole in his throat and jamming a pen in it! | 是在他的喉咙上切一个口然后把一支笔塞进去 |
[16:03] | I’ve got a pen! | 我有笔 |
[16:04] | Somebody get scissors! | 找个人去拿剪刀 |
[16:10] | Eddie, for God sake, help me! | Eddie 看在老天份上 救救我吧 |
[16:13] | They’re gonna kill me! | 他们就要杀掉我了 |
[16:15] | I’m sorry I assumed you could break-dance! | 我很抱歉我说你能跳霹雳舞 |
[16:17] | I’m actually one-sixteenth Cherokee myself! | 我才是十六分之一的彻罗基族人 |
[16:26] | Dad, you okay? | 老爸 你还好吗 |
[16:27] | Malcolm, I couldn’t sleep. | Malcolm 我无法入睡 |
[16:29] | My mind has been on fire with the | 我的大脑就像着火似的 |
[16:30] | possibilities of what this neighborhood could become. | 这个社区的各种可能性充斥在里面 |
[16:33] | At first it seemed crazy and kind of stupid, | 开始 它好像很疯狂又有点愚蠢 |
[16:36] | but then I remembered what you said about the factory! | 但是之后我想起来你跟我说的工厂的事 |
[16:38] | In the middle of the night I had a vision. | 在午夜 我有了一个蓝图 |
[16:40] | You had a vision without me? | 没有我你自己想出来一个蓝图 |
[16:42] | – “Mulberry Village”? – Mulberry Village. | – “桑葚村庄” – 桑葚村庄 |
[16:45] | A new utopia! | 一个新的乌托邦 |
[16:47] | What the hell is all this stuff? | 那到底是什么 |
[16:48] | Just a few compulsory | 只是一些帮助大家 |
[16:49] | guidelines to help people make the transition. | 顺利过渡的强制方针 |
[16:52] | “Failure to smile ‘Hello’, $50 fine? | “没有微笑着说’你好’ 罚款50美元” |
[16:55] | Not knowing your neighbor’s name: $25? | 不知道你邻居的名字 罚款25美元 |
[16:58] | Failure to remove your fence: $100?” | 不移除你的围栏 罚款100美元 |
[17:00] | People can be resistant to change. | 人们会拒绝改变 |
[17:03] | What’s the “Hug your child” Initiative? | 什么是”抱你的小孩”精神 |
[17:05] | Everyone has to publicly hug their child at least once a day. | 每个人每天都必须至少一次在公共场合抱他的小孩 |
[17:08] | A hotline will be set up so | 还会设立一个热线 |
[17:09] | that children can inform on non-hugging parents. | 来让孩子们举报那些不抱他们的父母 |
[17:12] | You’re going to make kids inform on their parents? | 你要让孩子们举报他们的父母 |
[17:14] | Parents, neighbors, teachers, everybody! | 父母 邻居 老师 每个人 |
[17:15] | If they’ve got nothing to hide, they’ve got nothing to worry about. | 平生不作亏心事 半夜敲门也不惊 |
[17:20] | Tell me about the “Reeducation center.” | 告诉我什么是”重新教育中心” |
[17:21] | Oh! That’s where the best, most neighborly children | 那是最棒的部分 把附近大部分小孩 |
[17:23] | will be plucked from the corrupting influence of their families, | 从自己家里的坏影响中解救出来 |
[17:26] | and immersed in round-the-clock friendliness training. | 投入昼夜不停的友爱训练 |
[17:29] | I call them the Mulberry Youth. | 我把他们称为桑葚青少年 |
[17:32] | Dad… | 老爸 |
[17:33] | give me the fliers. | 把那些传单给我 |
[17:35] | Thank you, son, but they’ve already | 谢谢 儿子 但我已经 |
[17:36] | been distributed throughout the whole neighborhood. | 把它们分发到整个社区了 |
[17:38] | Like a modern-day Martin Luther, | 就像现代的马丁路德金一样 |
[17:39] | I nailed them to the front doors. | 我把它们钉在每户的前门 |
[17:45] | Maybe we should go out the back | 或许我们应该从后门出去 |
[17:46] | door and spend the rest of the day at the library. | 在图书馆过一天 |
[17:47] | Not now, Malcolm. The villagers are coming. | 现在不是时候 Malcolm 大家正过来呢 |
[17:53] | Look, I told you, leave me alone. | 都跟你说了 别跟着我 |
[17:56] | I’m just going to ask your teacher | 我只是要去问你的老师 |
[17:57] | if I can have ten minutes with your buddies at recess. | 看能不能在休息的时候跟你的同学聊十分钟 |
[18:05] | What the hell happened?! | 到底发生什么了 |
[18:07] | Isn’t it obvious? | 不是很明显吗 |
[18:09] | I know we’re not supposed to ask for help, Dewey, but… | 我知道我们不应该寻求帮助 Dewey 但是 |
[18:12] | this one kind of got away from us. | 这事有点超出我们预期了 |
[18:15] | We gotta get out of here. Let’s go call the police. | 我们必须离开这里 去找警察吧 |
[18:17] | You’re just gonna bail? | 你就只是打算逃跑吗 |
[18:19] | You don’t understand these kids. | 你不明白这些小孩 |
[18:20] | If I fix this problem, there’s going to be a hundred more. | 如果我解决了这个问题 接着又会有100个问题 |
[18:23] | It never stops with them! | 从来都不会停止 |
[18:25] | Dewey Dewey… | |
[18:27] | you don’t get to choose the people who need your help. | 你不能选择哪些人需要你帮助 |
[18:31] | Look, I don’t know much, but I do know two things. | 虽然我很多事情都不知道 但我只是懂得两件事 |
[18:34] | These kids need your help, you gotta do it. | 这些小孩需要你的帮助 你要帮他们 |
[18:37] | And even though I’ve never met him, that guy is a total dink. | 还有虽然我从来没有见过他 但那个男人绝对是个丁克族 |
[18:55] | I thought when I decided to help, | 当我决定去帮助他们的时候 |
[18:57] | something would come to me, but I’m completely blank. | 我以为我会有一些想法 但我大脑只是完全空白 |
[18:59] | You’re all going to jail. | 你们全部都准备去坐牢吧 |
[19:01] | If you untie me in the next five seconds, | 如果你在接下来的五分钟能帮我松绑 |
[19:03] | you and you alone will see some slight leniency. | 我就会对你一个人稍加宽恕 |
[19:06] | Lanyards belong in the lanyard box. | 挂绳是要放在绳盒里面的 |
[19:08] | What? | 什么 |
[19:09] | That’s my lanyard. I made it. | 这是我的挂绳 我做的 |
[19:13] | Mr. Flerch is going to flip | 你不把它放回盒子里面的话 |
[19:14] | out if you don’t put it back in the lanyard box. | Flerch先生会发飙的 |
[19:17] | You couldn’t have made this. | 这个不可能是你做的 |
[19:19] | I bought it at a truck stop 200 miles from here. | 我在离这200米远的服务站买的 |
[19:24] | Can I see that, Francis? | 我能看一下吗 Francis |
[19:28] | Can you think of any connection between the thousands of lanyards | 你能说说这些数以千计的 |
[19:32] | that were made by the | 出自你们学校 |
[19:33] | emotionally disturbed children at your school, | 心理障碍儿童之手的挂绳 |
[19:35] | and this one my brother found for sale at a retail outlet? | 和我哥哥在零售商店买到的这条有什么区别吗 |
[19:42] | Mr. Jeffers, I would be | Jeffer先生 |
[19:43] | horrified to think that a public school principal | 当我想到一间公共学校校长 |
[19:46] | would use innocent children as slave labor. | 把无辜小孩当成奴隶劳动力时 我很震惊 |
[19:49] | I don’t know what you’re talking about, young man. | 我不知道你在说什么 年轻人 |
[19:51] | It was all his idea! | 这都是他的主意 |
[19:53] | I’m just his obedient stooge! | 我只是个傀儡而已 |
[19:55] | He dangled Assistant Vice Principal in front of me! | 他用助理副校长的位置诱惑我 |
[19:58] | It came with parking! | 还送一个停车位 |
[20:03] | I wonder who would get the worst penalty. | 我在想谁的处罚会更重呢 |
[20:06] | A bunch of emotionally disturbed | 是一群把人绑了一会的 |
[20:07] | kids who tied people up for a little while… | 心理障碍儿童 |
[20:10] | or the trusted public servant who forced them into slavery? | 还是把孩子变成奴隶的有信誉的公务员 |
[20:14] | We could ask a judge, or | 我们可以问一下法官 |
[20:16] | everyone could just keep quiet about everything. | 或者大家全都保持沉默 |
[20:20] | Sound okay to you guys? | 你们觉得呢 |
[20:24] | That depends. | 那要看情况 |
[20:25] | Can we get five minutes | 能在松绑他们之前 |
[20:26] | alone with these guys before you untie them? | 给我们五分钟跟他们单独相处吗 |
[20:37] | – What’s up with Mom? – She just saw my report card. | – 妈妈怎么了 – 她刚刚看到我的成绩单 |
[20:39] | I flunked out of every single class. | 我每一科都不及格 |
[20:42] | What? | 什么 |
[20:43] | Every single one of my finals, I got every question wrong. | 我期末考的每一科 每个问题我都答错了 |
[20:46] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[20:47] | I know. Now I get to repeat my senior year! | 我现在就必须重读高三 |
[20:51] | Isn’t this great? | 这不是太好了吗 |
[20:52] | I worked so hard for this. | 我为了这一直在努力 |
[20:53] | I had to make sure I flunked every class so completely, | 我必须确保我把每一科都彻彻底底考砸了 |
[20:56] | I couldn’t make it up in summer school. | 在暑假补课也不可能把这些搞定 |
[20:58] | Now I don’t have to move out or | 那么接下来的一年 |
[20:59] | go to college or get a job for a whole ‘nother year! | 我就不用搬出去上大学 或者找工作 |
[21:02] | This is the greatest achievement of my entire life! | 这真是我人生中最伟大的成就 |
[21:06] | Yeah, I know, Mom. | 是的 我知道了 妈妈 |