时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | While Betty kept the fat man occupied, | Betty缠着那个胖男人的时候 |
[00:04] | I ducked down the hallway to his office. | 我身子一闪 就穿过走廊到他办公室里了 |
[00:06] | If I found his phone records, they would prove that | 如果我能找到他的电话记录 就能证明 |
[00:08] | he was the one who called the police station on the night of the murder. | 是他在凶杀案那晚给警局打了电话 |
[00:13] | All I knew was, the next person | 我只知道 门后面的那个人 |
[00:14] | through that door would be the man who killed my partner. | 就是杀害了我搭档的凶手 |
[00:17] | “Hello, McKendrick,” I heard from behind me. | “McKendrick 你好” 一个声音从我身后传来 |
[00:19] | I spun around, but standing there was… | 我转过身 却发现那是 |
[00:22] | A stupid housewife who wouldn’t let | 明明很安全 |
[00:25] | her son buy nunchaks even though they’re totally safe. | 但就是不让她儿子买双节棍的白痴主妇 |
[00:28] | Reese Reese! | |
[01:17] | All right, Reese, you’re busted. | Reese 被我抓个正着了吧 |
[01:19] | Of all the stupid… Come on, front and center. | 做了那么多蠢事 快出来 |
[01:27] | Now, don’t blame yourself. | 不要责怪自己 |
[01:29] | Dewey, you were smoking? | Dewey 你居然抽烟 |
[01:31] | Do you have any idea what a dangerous, | 你知不知道这有多危险 |
[01:34] | disgusting addiction that is? | 多恶心 多上瘾 |
[01:35] | It took me years to quit! | 我花了好多年才戒掉 |
[01:37] | Do you want to end up breathing through a hole in your neck? | 你想以后要通过脖子里的洞来呼吸吗 |
[01:39] | Do you think that’s cool? | 你觉得那很酷吗 |
[01:41] | You can breathe through a hole in your neck? | 还能通过脖子里的洞来呼吸啊 |
[01:43] | What do you think your mother’s gonna say about this? | 你觉得你妈会怎么说你 |
[01:44] | You can’t tell Mom! She’ll kill me! | 你不能告诉妈妈 她会杀了我的 |
[01:46] | Well, you should’ve thought of that earlier. | 你抽烟前就该想到这点了 |
[01:48] | Where would you even get cigarettes anyway? | 你从哪搞到的烟啊 |
[01:49] | There’s, like, 20 cartons hidden in your shop vac. | 你吸尘器里头有二十来盒呢 |
[01:52] | Oh, my God. That is my stash from ten years ago. | 天呐 那都是我十年前的藏货了 |
[01:56] | Lois would kill me if… | Lois会杀了我的 |
[02:00] | All right, Dewey, under the circumstances, | Dewey 既然这样 |
[02:03] | I am giving you your one free pass. | 这次你可以享受你的免受罚权 |
[02:05] | – Free pass? – That’s right. | – 免受罚权 – 是的 |
[02:06] | I have given each of your brothers one free pass, | 你的哥哥们都享受过一次免受罚权了 |
[02:08] | one time that I didn’t tell your mother about something they did. | 不管他们做错了什么 我都不向妈妈告状 |
[02:12] | All right, Francis, this is your one free pass! | Francis 你的一次用掉了 |
[02:19] | Okay, Reese, but this is your one! | Reese 你的一次用掉了 |
[02:26] | Okay, Malcolm, this is your one! | Malcolm 你的一次用掉了 |
[02:30] | Please make this my one free pass. | 请让我享受我的免受罚权 |
[02:32] | All right. | 好吧 |
[02:33] | We’ve got some paperwork to sign. | 还要签点文件 |
[02:36] | Chair. | 椅子 |
[02:38] | Book. | 书 |
[02:39] | Window. | 窗户 |
[02:40] | Mama. | 妈妈 |
[02:41] | Come on, Jamie, you can talk, just one word. | Jamie 说话啊 就说一个字都好啊 |
[02:44] | Hal, has Jamie said anything in front of you yet? | Hal Jamie在你面前说过话吗 |
[02:46] | Whatever he said, he’s a lier, Lois! | 不管他说了什么 他都是骗人的 |
[02:48] | He hasn’t seen anything! | 他什么都没看到 |
[02:50] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[02:53] | What are you talking about? | 你又在说什么 |
[02:54] | I’m worried about Jamie. He’s… | 我很担心Jamie 他都 |
[02:56] | However old he is, and he hasn’t said a word yet. | 都这么大了 还没开口说过话呢 |
[02:59] | I thought that’s what we liked about him. | 我还以为我们最喜欢他这点呢 |
[03:01] | You know, it’s probably his filthy ears. | 可能是他耳朵太脏了 |
[03:04] | I bet he’s all plugged up with wax and he can’t hear anything. | 肯定耳朵被蜡堵住了 所以什么都听不到 |
[03:06] | I don’t think so. | 不会啦 |
[03:07] | Relax, honey. Kids go at their own pace. | 别紧张了 小孩都有自己的成长节奏 |
[03:10] | Sixth grade, I had a full beard, | 我六年级的时候就是个大胡子了 |
[03:12] | and I still couldn’t tie my shoes properly. | 而且我到现在还是系不好鞋带 |
[03:18] | Ah. There you are. | 你在这儿呢 |
[03:19] | Stevie, you ran off without your backup inhaler. | Stevie 你没带备用吸入器就走了 |
[03:22] | Thanks… Dad. | 谢谢 老爸 |
[03:25] | – Did Stevie tell you his big news? – No. What’s going on? | – Stevie跟你说了他的好消息吗 – 没有 怎么了 |
[03:27] | Stevie’s been accepted as a | Stevie现在是Norvet生物研究所 |
[03:29] | research subject at the Norvet Biomedical Institute. | 的一个研究对象了 |
[03:32] | Dr. Norvet himself picked him for the motor-neuropathy program. | Norvet博士亲自挑选Stevie加入运动神经元病项目 |
[03:37] | It’s… nothing. | 这 没什么 |
[03:39] | Nothing? | 没什么 |
[03:40] | Come on, Stevie. This is the most exciting thing | Stevie 这可是从他们把你的胃放进肚子里后 |
[03:42] | that’s happened to us since they put your stomach on the inside. | 咱家发生的最激动人心的事儿了 |
[03:45] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[03:46] | This Christmas might just be our first ski vacation. | 今年圣诞节可能是我们的第一次滑雪假期 |
[03:49] | Dad… | 爸 |
[03:50] | Tomorrow after school we’ll go look at snowboards. | 明天放学我们就去看滑雪板 |
[03:52] | – Dad… – I said just look. | – 爸 – 我说了 就看看而已 |
[04:01] | My desk! | 这是我桌子 |
[04:02] | Reese! What’s your problem? | Reese 你有什么毛病啊 |
[04:04] | He’s my problem. | 他才有毛病 |
[04:05] | I get to come home to my | 我回家 |
[04:07] | own room and put my own stuff on my own desk. | 到我的房间 把我的东西 放在我的桌上 |
[04:10] | There’s such a thing as manners, Stevie. | Stevie 你懂不懂什么是礼貌 |
[04:12] | When you’re a guest in someone’s house… | 如果你去别人家做客 |
[04:20] | Real classy, Reese. | 真经典啊 Reese |
[04:22] | Go ahead, hit him. | 上啊 打他啊 |
[04:23] | It’s not fair! | 不公平 |
[04:24] | He’s hit me plenty of times. | 他都打了我多少次了 |
[04:25] | He makes fun of me, he treats me like crap, | 他取笑我 不把我当人看 |
[04:28] | and just because he’s in that chair he gets away with it! | 就因为他坐在这破轮椅上 谁都拿他没办法 |
[04:30] | I blame… | 我责怪 |
[04:32] | society. | 这个社会 |
[04:36] | Sorry, Stevie. | Stevie 对不起 |
[04:37] | Good. | 这就对了 |
[04:38] | Malcolm, get your dirty socks | Malcolm 把你的臭袜子拿走 |
[04:39] | off this table or I’ll feed them to you for dinner! | 不然晚饭我就喂你吃这个 |
[04:41] | Like I’d taste a difference. | 都是一个味儿 |
[04:49] | I’m gonna do it anyway. | 不管怎样我都会动手的 |
[04:51] | What? | 什么 |
[04:51] | I’m gonna beat you up anyway. | 我一定会揍你一顿 |
[04:53] | This Friday after school, we’re gonna go somewhere private | 这周五 放学后 我们找个没人的地儿 |
[04:56] | and I’m gonna beat you so | 我会把你打得 |
[04:57] | bad your wheelchair’s gonna need a wheelchair. | 到时候你的轮椅都需要一个轮椅搀着 |
[05:00] | I want you to think about that for a few days. Picture it. | 这几天你好好想想 想象一下那个画面 |
[05:04] | Dream about it, like I’m doing. | 做梦也想想 就像我一样 |
[05:06] | Even if you tell on me, I will find some way to make this happen. | 就算你告发我 我也会想出办法的 |
[05:10] | So you might as well have some dignity and keep your mouth shut. | 你倒不如有点尊严 闭上你的嘴 |
[05:14] | Your ass might not know I’m kicking it, but I will. | 你的屁股可能不知道就要遭殃了 但我会动手的 |
[05:20] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[05:23] | All right, Jamie. | 好了 Jamie |
[05:24] | The doctor said there’s no physical reason you can’t talk, | 医生说没有什么生理原因导致你不能说话 |
[05:27] | so that is exactly what you’re gonna do. | 现在你要做的就是 |
[05:29] | Talk. | 说话 |
[05:30] | He said the best way to get | 医生说让你开口的好方法 |
[05:31] | you started is for me to talk to you constantly | 就是我经常和你说话 |
[05:33] | about everything happening | 告诉你发生的事情 |
[05:34] | around you so that you live in a more verbal world. | 这样你就生活在一个更加语言化的世界里 |
[05:37] | That means Mommy’s going to narrate everything she’s doing | 这样的话妈妈就得把做的事情都叙述出来 |
[05:39] | like right now when she’s going over here to make you a snack. | 比如说现在呢 妈妈就在给你弄吃的 |
[05:42] | Then it’ll be time to do the laundry, | 然后就要洗衣服 |
[05:43] | and after that she gets to make dinner for the whole family. | 洗完衣服妈妈又要给全家做饭 |
[05:46] | Who will wolf it down in ten seconds and leave her to do the | 他们十秒钟就能把饭吞了 接下来妈妈又要一个人洗碗 |
[05:49] | dishes by herself before she gets to make the boys’ lunches for school the next day. | 然后妈妈还要给哥哥们做第二天带到学校去的中饭 |
[05:52] | Then she’ll get ready for bed after everybody else. | 最后在大家都上床之后 妈妈才能睡觉 |
[05:54] | And discover that the bathroom is a swampy, hairy mess, | 然后发现浴室又湿又脏乱成一团 |
[05:57] | and Mommy gets to spend her last | 妈妈睡觉前 |
[05:58] | waking minutes with a sponge and a can of cleanser. | 还得拿着海绵和清洁剂去打扫 |
[06:01] | Then it’ll be time to wake up | 然后又到了第二天该起床了 |
[06:02] | in the morning and she’ll do it all over again. | 妈妈又要重新做一遍这些事 |
[06:04] | Day after day, week after week, | 天天如此 周周如此 |
[06:05] | for the next 30 years until Mommy dies. | 累死累活30年 直到妈妈离开人世 |
[06:06] | And with Mommy’s luck, even that won’t be the end of it… | 妈妈如果运气好 死了都没到头 |
[06:14] | Dewey! Get out here right now. | Dewey 给我出来 |
[06:17] | You’re smoking again after we talked about this last week? | 上周我们谈过了 你怎么又开始抽烟了 |
[06:20] | You know what that does to you. | 你知道吸烟的危害 |
[06:21] | I’m cutting back. | 我有减少数量了 |
[06:23] | Cutting back? | 减少数量 |
[06:24] | How many cigarettes are you smoking? | 你每天抽多少烟啊 |
[06:26] | Under two packs a day. | 一天不到两包了 |
[06:29] | What?! | 什么 |
[06:30] | How is that even possible? | 怎么可能 |
[06:31] | I got rid of the cartons in the garage. | 我把车库里的烟都弄走了 |
[06:33] | Well, you didn’t get rid of the ones hidden in the crawlspace. | 但是藏在地板下的缝隙里 |
[06:35] | Or the rain gutters, or under the ivy. | 雨槽里 常春藤下的 你都没弄走 |
[06:38] | There’s thousands of cigarettes hidden all over the place. | 家里头藏了上千支烟 |
[06:40] | How could you spend all that money and not even smoke them? | 你怎么花了那么多钱买烟 结果都不抽 |
[06:43] | I could have gone to private school. | 有那些钱我本来都能上私立学校的 |
[06:45] | Keep it down. | 小点声 |
[06:48] | Look, Dewey, I’m sorry, but I had such a hard time quitting. | Dewey 我很抱歉 但是我戒烟那段时间真的很困难 |
[06:51] | The only way I could do it | 我只有知道那些烟都在那儿 |
[06:53] | without freaking out was knowing they were there. | 我才不会崩溃 才能好好戒烟 |
[06:56] | – I know it sounds crazy. – I’ll tell you what’s crazy. | – 我知道这听起来有点不可思议 – 我告诉你什么叫不可思议 |
[06:59] | Being hooked on these stupid things | 即使我讨厌烟的味道 |
[07:01] | even though I hate the way they taste and smell. | 但我就是对它上瘾 |
[07:03] | Well, those are really stale. | 那些都放走味儿了 |
[07:05] | You’re not getting the fresh, rich flavor… | 你尝的不是新鲜的 味道不足 |
[07:07] | Never mind! | 不管怎样 |
[07:08] | The point is, you can beat this. | 重点是你能戒掉的 |
[07:10] | We’ll do it together. | 我们一起努力 |
[07:11] | Listen, you know how much I love coffee, right? | 你知道我有多爱咖啡 对吧 |
[07:13] | Yeah, I’ve seen you drink it in the shower. | 嗯 我还看到你洗澡的时候喝 |
[07:15] | Exactly. I must drink three pots a day, easy. | 没错 我一天随随便便就要喝三壶 |
[07:18] | Well, I’m willing to give it up for you, | 为了你 我要戒掉咖啡 |
[07:20] | cold turkey, if you give up smoking. | 完全戒掉 只要你也戒烟 |
[07:22] | – Really? – Absolutely. | – 真的吗 – 真的 |
[07:24] | That way we’re both suffering. | 这样我们都不好受 |
[07:25] | We both know what the other’s | 我们都能体会到 |
[07:27] | going through and we can support each other. | 对方经历的痛苦 我们就能相互支持 |
[07:29] | You and me, Dewey. We’ll be a team. | 你和我 Dewey 我们就是一队的 |
[07:33] | That sounds great, Dad. | 好极了 爸爸 |
[07:35] | Just let me have one more | 就是先让我再抽一根 |
[07:36] | to get it out of my system. We can start… | 等它排出我的体外后 我们再开始 |
[07:37] | – Dewey. – All right. | – Dewey – 好吧 |
[07:44] | Come on, Stevie, pay attention. | Stevie 能不能专心一点 |
[07:46] | You just had Hitler invade Malibu. | 你刚才那步就让希特勒入侵马里布了 |
[07:48] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[07:49] | What’s up with you lately? | 你最近怎么了 |
[07:50] | Hi, guys. | 你们好啊 |
[07:51] | Hey, Reese, how’d it go with the principal? | Reese 和校长的会面如何 |
[07:53] | Fantastic. | 美妙至极 |
[07:54] | I love when they get old and they start just phoning it in. | 我就喜欢他们人一老就开始随便应付 |
[07:56] | He’s actually willing to | 他居然真的愿意相信 |
[07:58] | believe this is from obsessive hand washing. | 这是强迫洗手弄的 |
[08:04] | Reese took out Scotty Riselli today. It was brutal. | Reese今天带Scotty Riselli出去了 太残忍了 |
[08:06] | You should have seen it. | 你应该看看的 |
[08:07] | He hit him so hard, a few | 他狠狠地揍了他 |
[08:09] | times he actually lifted him up in the air. | 有几次他甚至把他举到空中了 |
[08:11] | And the blood was, I mean, there’s always blood, | 那个血真是 平常也都会有血 |
[08:14] | but Scotty was like one of those big sprinklers, you know? | 但是Scotty就跟个大喷壶一样 |
[08:19] | And once he went down, Reese went to work on him. | 他下地之后 Reese继续弄他 |
[08:21] | Did you know he had dental tools? | 你知不知道他居然还有牙科用具 |
[08:24] | Hey, I get Africa. | 嘿 我占领非洲了 |
[08:27] | Can I… | 我能不能 |
[08:29] | ask you something? | 问你个事儿 |
[08:30] | Sure. | 问呗 |
[08:31] | Do you find… | 你觉得 |
[08:33] | my personality… | 我这个人 |
[08:35] | abrasive? | 讨厌吗 |
[08:37] | What? | 什么 |
[08:38] | Do you think… | 你觉得 |
[08:40] | I’m needlessly… | 我会有莫名的 |
[08:42] | antagonistic? | 敌意情绪吗 |
[08:44] | I don’t know. Probably. What do you care? | 我不知道 也许吧 问这个干嘛 |
[08:47] | I don’t… | 我不希望 |
[08:49] | want anyone… | 大家都 |
[08:51] | to hate me. | 讨厌我 |
[08:54] | It’s Lisa Filmore, isn’t it? | 是因为Lisa Filmore 对吧 |
[08:56] | Who? | 谁 |
[08:56] | I saw you checking her out. | 我看到你打量她 |
[08:58] | You like the big stuff, huh? Nice. | 你喜欢她的大波吧 不错啊 |
[09:00] | Little jiggly-wiggly, little wabbal-abbal-abbal-abbal… | 波涛汹涌 呼之欲出 |
[09:03] | You’re… A jerk. | 你是 混蛋 |
[09:05] | I’m just being supportive. I’m sorry. | 我就是表示对你的支持嘛 对不起 |
[09:07] | Come on. Let’s just finish the game. | 玩完这一局嘛 |
[09:09] | Can’t. | 不行 |
[09:11] | Today’s our… | 今天是我们 |
[09:13] | first meeting… | 在Norvet研究所 |
[09:15] | at the Norvet Institute. | 的首次会面 |
[09:17] | Okay, wait. | 等下 |
[09:18] | There’s something good about your personality. | 你也有好品质啊 |
[09:20] | You completely humor your dad with all his idiotic | 对于你爸 还有他那些让你走路的可笑计划 |
[09:22] | plans for you to walk, no matter how pointless and stupid it is to try. | 不管是多么无意义多么蠢 你都总是特别幽默地对待 |
[09:24] | You’re never, like, “Dad, wake up.” | 你从来不会说 “爸 醒醒吧” |
[09:26] | “I’m never getting out of this wheelchair. | “我这辈子都得坐在轮椅上啦” |
[09:28] | I’m going to be a cripple till the day I die.” | “直到我死了我也还是个瘸子啊” |
[09:29] | I mean, you know it, but you don’t throw it in his face. | 你心里清楚得很 但你从来不会这么和他说 |
[09:32] | That’s a really nice quality. | 这真的是个好品质啊 |
[09:34] | There, better? | 好点了吗 |
[09:37] | And so I spend all this time every morning on my hair, | 我每天早上花这么多时间弄头发 |
[09:39] | trying to get it just so, although I know no one else notices. | 虽然我知道没人会发现 但我还要弄成这样 |
[09:42] | It’s such a stupid vanity thing. | 都是虚荣心作祟 |
[09:44] | I don’t know why I’m so neurotic about my hair. | 我也不知道为什么我对头发这么神经质 |
[09:46] | You know, it’s just ridiculous if you think about it. | 想想都觉得可笑 |
[09:48] | Wish I could let it go, but it’s like I just can’t help myself. | 我也不想一直弄这事儿 但我就是控制不住自己啊 |
[09:54] | Slow down. You haven’t had breakfast yet. | 悠着点 你还没吃早饭呢 |
[09:56] | Well, if you got me the nicotine gum like I asked, then… | 如果你给我尼古丁口胶剂的话 |
[10:07] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[10:08] | Oh, that? That’s nothing, Lois. That’s just… | 就这个啊 这没啥 这就是 |
[10:11] | puberty. | 青春期 |
[10:11] | You know, when a boy’s lungs drop. | 男孩肺部下降 |
[10:13] | This is how it hits all the men in my family. | 我家所有男的都这样 |
[10:16] | Hacking cough, dark circles under the eyes, yellowing fingers. | 干咳 黑眼圈 手指发黄 |
[10:27] | So, there I am, 13 years old, flat-chested as I can be, | 我当时13岁 平胸 |
[10:30] | everyone around me is sprouting, | 别人都发育了 |
[10:31] | and I’m feeling just horrible about myself. | 我感觉糟透了 |
[10:34] | And why? | 为什么呢 |
[10:35] | No reason at all. | 完全没理由啊 |
[10:37] | I’m getting straight A’s, I’m running the food drive, | 我门门课都是优 管理食品募捐活动 |
[10:39] | I’m all-county on the gymnastics team, and none | 我在体操队代表全县参赛 |
[10:42] | of this means anything to me because I’m so fixated on my bustline. | 但这些对我来说毫无意义 因为我一心希望胸部快点发育 |
[10:47] | And so like an idiot, | 我那时候跟个傻子似的 |
[10:49] | I started stuffing my bra with toilet paper. | 往胸罩里塞卫生纸 |
[10:52] | Even after all these years, | 现在都过去这么多年了 |
[10:54] | I remember every morning in the bathroom, | 我都还记得以前每天早上在浴室里 |
[10:56] | shoving these things down my shirt | 把这些塞到衣服里 |
[10:58] | and feeling like such an awkward, ugly, little girl. | 感觉像是一个尴尬丑陋的小女孩 |
[11:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:09] | Of course in second-period Spanish | 是啊 第二学期的西班牙语课 |
[11:10] | I had to sit next to the snooty Janice Montgomery | 我还坐在傲慢的Janice Montgomery旁边 |
[11:13] | with her tangerine nail polish, which I was dying to try, | 她涂着橘黄色的指甲油 我也好想试试 |
[11:15] | but of course she wouldn’t let me because I had drugstore shoes. | 但她肯定不会让我用 因为我穿着杂货店买的鞋子 |
[11:19] | Hey, Mom. | 妈 |
[11:20] | Look at these stains. | 看看这脏的 |
[11:23] | You boys are in so much trouble. | 你俩麻烦大了 |
[11:25] | No more pillowcases for a month. | 这个月都别想用枕套了 |
[11:28] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[12:04] | Fixing something? | 修东西呢 |
[12:06] | Dad. | 爸 |
[12:08] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[12:09] | I’m so disappointed in you, son. | 儿子 我对你太失望了 |
[12:12] | We had an agreement. | 我们不是说好了吗 |
[12:15] | What was that? | 那是什么声音 |
[12:17] | What was what? | 哪有声音 |
[12:22] | All right, we both have a problem. | 好吧 我俩都有问题 |
[12:24] | This is so degrading. | 还让不让人活了 |
[12:26] | On the way home from school, | 放学回家的路上 |
[12:27] | I almost pulled a cigarette butt out of the gutter. | 我差点从路边排水沟里捡了根烟蒂 |
[12:29] | I French-kissed your mother | 今早我跟你妈舌吻了 |
[12:30] | this morning just to lick the coffee off her teeth. | 就为了舔一舔她牙齿上的咖啡 |
[12:33] | But we can do this. We just need to | 但我们可以的 实在受不了的时候 |
[12:35] | find a way to divert our minds when the pangs get too bad. | 只要找到方法分散注意力就好了 |
[12:47] | Hal, what are you doing? | Hal 你在干嘛 |
[12:49] | What’s it look like I’m doing? | 你说我在干嘛 |
[12:51] | Can’t a father have a friendly game of catch with his son?! | 做父亲的不能和儿子玩扔球接球吗 |
[12:54] | We’re having fun! | 可有意思了 |
[13:03] | I had that dream again last night. | 我昨晚又做那个梦了 |
[13:06] | Cheerleading tryouts. | 拉拉队选拔赛 |
[13:08] | Like it wasn’t bad enough it happened, | 本来就够糟了 |
[13:09] | I have to relive it for the rest of my life. | 我还得反复回味这段痛苦的回忆 |
[13:12] | I was so excited to think that I might be a Cougar, | 我当时特别激动 以为我能变成一位熟女了 |
[13:16] | and finally feel like I belonged. | 以为终于找到自己的归属了 |
[13:18] | The routine was nothing, | 那套动作根本不算什么 |
[13:19] | I’d done that stuff in gymnastics for years. | 我练了那么久的体操 那玩意儿一点难度都没有 |
[13:20] | And still, I practiced that | 但是我那几个星期 |
[13:22] | routine for weeks making sure that it was perfect. | 都在排练那套动作 力求完美 |
[13:25] | The day of the tryouts, I borrowed my sister’s good sweater, | 选拔赛那天 我找我姐借了件漂亮衣裳 |
[13:29] | spent about an hour on my hair, stuffed my bra, | 花了一个小时弄头发 往胸衣里塞东西 |
[13:31] | even shoved a little extra in there for luck. | 为了有好运 还塞了点别的进去 |
[13:34] | And when I got down to the gym, I found out I had to go first, | 我到体育馆才发现我要第一个上场 |
[13:36] | in front of the whole squad and everyone else who was trying out. | 面对整个拉拉队 还有其他想要进队的人 |
[13:40] | So I just pretended to be braver than I was. | 我只能强装勇敢 |
[13:43] | I smiled real big, and I went out there and I started my routine. | 我挂着大大的笑容 走上前 开始做动作 |
[13:47] | I did a round-off, a cartwheel, | 我做了踺子 侧手翻 |
[13:49] | a kip-up, it was going great, I was so happy. | 鲤鱼打挺 一切都很顺利 我很开心 |
[13:52] | I landed my back-flip dead solid perfect. | 我后空翻落地后站得稳稳的 |
[13:55] | I threw up my arms, and instead of everybody cheering… | 我举起了我的双手 但是却没有欢呼声 |
[14:00] | everybody was laughing. | 只有嘲笑声 |
[14:03] | And I looked down, and there was a | 我低头 却发现 |
[14:06] | 30-foot-long trail of toilet paper along the tumbling mat. | 地上有条30英尺长的卷筒纸和防滑垫 |
[14:11] | Everything I worked for, everything I wanted so desperately… | 我为之付出努力的一切 我渴望得到的所有 |
[14:16] | ruined because of my vanity. | 被我的虚荣心毁于一旦 |
[14:24] | And you know what the worst part is? | 你知道最糟糕的是什么吗 |
[14:26] | I didn’t even learn anything. | 我根本没有吸取教训 |
[14:29] | Deep down, I’m still just as shallow as I was then. | 内心深处 我还是和当年一样浅薄 |
[14:32] | All that fussing and primping and time | 小题大做 刻意打扮 浪费那么多时间 |
[14:35] | I wasted to shut out laughter that stopped 30 years ago. | 就为了屏蔽掉30年前的笑声 |
[14:39] | It’s disgusting. | 真是令人作呕 |
[14:40] | If I had any guts I would just cut off my hair right now. | 我如果有种 我现在就把头发剪掉 |
[14:44] | You know, just face it down, and beat it! | 直面问题 并战胜它 |
[14:55] | You gonna get that? | 你就不能接电话吗 |
[14:56] | I can’t. | 我不能啊 |
[14:59] | Hello | 喂 |
[15:00] | Malcolm. It’s Abe. | Malcolm 我是Abe |
[15:01] | Where’s your brother? | 你兄弟呢 |
[15:02] | Reese? I don’t know, probably pounding the snot out of someone. | Reese吗 我也不知道 可能在揍人吧 |
[15:04] | It’s Stevie! | 我说的是Stevie |
[15:05] | – You’ve got to stop it! – What? | – 你必须制止住 – 什么 |
[15:07] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[15:07] | Stevie and I were in the | 我和Stevie在Norvet研究所 |
[15:09] | middle of our session at the Norvet Institute, | 我们都弄到一半了 |
[15:11] | and then he said he had to go fight Reese, and just took off! | 他说他要和Resse打架 然后就走了 |
[15:14] | – I’m terrified that… – Oh, no. | – 我很担心 – 完了 |
[15:23] | Reese, what are you doing? | Reese 你在干嘛 |
[15:25] | Something I should’ve done years ago. | 早就该这么做了 |
[15:28] | I’ve been numbing my legs in ice for an hour now. | 我已经把腿泡在冰水里一个小时了 已经麻木了 |
[15:30] | What? | 什么 |
[15:30] | I can’t feel a thing down there. | 我下肢一点感觉都没有了 |
[15:34] | See? Nothing. | 你看 没感觉 |
[15:35] | First three times I did that it hurt like hell. | 前三次痛死了 |
[15:38] | Nobody’s gonna say this wasn’t a fair fight. | 现在没人会说这场架不公平了 |
[15:41] | When Stevie gets here, I’m gonna flop over to him like a fish, | 等Stevie到了 我就会像条鱼一样向他扑腾过去 |
[15:44] | yank him out of his chair, and smash his face in, gimp-to-gimp. | 把他从轮椅上扯下来 打爆他的脸 瘸子对瘸子 |
[15:51] | Reese, you’re insane! | Reese 你疯了吧 |
[15:52] | Am I? | 是吗 |
[15:54] | They thought Einstein was crazy… until he started kicking ass. | 他们还说爱因斯坦疯了 直到他开始厉害起来(踢人屁股) |
[16:02] | Hey. Where’s Mom? | 嘿 你妈呢 |
[16:05] | She’s locked in her room with Jamie. She’s been there for hours. | 和Jamie在她房间里 都呆了好几个小时了 |
[16:08] | Oh. Listen, I’m sorry I snapped at you. | 之前对你那么严厉 我很抱歉 |
[16:10] | I was just agitated, but I’m feeling better now. | 我就是太焦虑了 不过我现在感觉好多啦 |
[16:13] | Hey, I really think we’re over the hump. | 我觉得我们已经过了那道坎了 |
[16:15] | We’re still a team, okay? | 我们还是一队的噢 |
[16:16] | Good boy. | 好孩子 |
[16:29] | What are you doing?! | 你在干什么 |
[16:30] | What? | 什么 |
[16:31] | Oh, this. It’s nothing. | 这个啊 没什么啦 |
[16:32] | It’s keeping me calm. | 这能让我保持镇定 |
[16:34] | But we’re quitting! | 但是我们在戒烟啊 |
[16:35] | No, I’m quitting coffee. | 不 是你在戒烟 |
[16:36] | You’re quitting cigarettes. | 我只是戒咖啡而已 |
[16:37] | That’s cheating! | 你这是作弊 |
[16:39] | You do not get to do this. | 你不能这样 |
[16:40] | Actually, Dewey, I get to do whatever I want, | Dewey 我想怎样就怎样 |
[16:42] | because I am a grown-up. | 因为我已经是成年人了 |
[16:44] | All right, if that’s how you want it. | 好吧 既然你要这样 |
[16:47] | Dewey Dewey! | |
[16:47] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[16:49] | Dewey Dewey! | |
[16:53] | Don’t you dare! | 你喝一口试试 |
[16:58] | The smooth, wonderful taste of betrayal! | 多么柔滑美妙 这就是背叛的味道 |
[17:02] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[17:03] | Well, I’m in flavor country, baby! | 我已经置身天堂了 |
[17:13] | This is good. | 这样很好 |
[17:14] | This is growth. | 这就是成长 |
[17:15] | Just do it. | 快点动手吧 |
[17:16] | Don’t be such a chicken. | 别畏畏缩缩的 |
[17:17] | It’s the only way to stop hearing it. | 想隔绝那些声音 只能这么做 |
[17:19] | All those kids laughing, my mother | 那些孩子的嘲笑声 |
[17:21] | coming to the nurse’s office telling me to stop blubbering, | 我妈跑到护士站要我别哭了 |
[17:24] | she wouldn’t have to stuff | 说如果不是我太懒自己不发育 |
[17:25] | my bra if I wasn’t too lazy to grow them myself. | 她根本就不用往我胸衣里头塞东西 |
[17:30] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[17:33] | It was my mother. | 是我妈 |
[17:34] | She was the one stuffing my bra. Oh, my God. | 是我妈一直往我胸衣里塞东西 天呐 |
[17:39] | She was the one making | 是她让我觉得 |
[17:41] | me feel so horrible and inadequate. Not me. | 自己很糟糕很没用 不是我啊 |
[17:43] | This wasn’t about vanity, Jamie. | Jamie 这和虚荣心无关 |
[17:45] | This is about an abusive old bat | 这是一个恶毒的老女人 |
[17:47] | trying to make her kid into something that she wasn’t. | 逼着她的孩子偏离自我 |
[17:52] | Well, I am not going to be that kind of mother. | 我可不是那样的母亲 |
[17:55] | If you don’t feel like talking yet, then you don’t have to talk. | 如果你现在不想说话 那你就不用说话 |
[17:59] | I’m going to love you exactly the way you are. | 不管你本身是什么样子 我都会爱你 |
[18:08] | Shut up! | 闭嘴吧 |
[18:10] | Mm. Rich, roasted goodness! | 味道十足啊 |
[18:12] | Suddenly I’m at a French cafe. | 我仿佛置身于一个法国咖啡馆 |
[18:15] | Well, I’m with two girls in a speedboat, | 那我就像和两个姑娘在一艘快艇上 |
[18:17] | sucking down a smooth blend of fine tobaccos. | 吸着上好烟草的气味 |
[18:21] | Hal Hal! | |
[18:23] | Dewey’s drinking coffee! | Dewey在喝咖啡 |
[18:32] | I think crippling my legs made my arms stronger. | 我觉得脚瘸了 手臂却更有力了 |
[18:34] | Like how blind guys have bigger noses. | 就像盲人嗅觉更好一样 |
[18:36] | This is gonna be great. | 这回可精彩了 |
[18:38] | Reese, you can’t do this. Stevie’s our friend. | Reese 你不能这样 Stevie是我们的朋友 |
[18:40] | Hey, he’s not my friend. He’s your friend. | 他可不是我的朋友 他是你的朋友 |
[18:42] | He treats me like crap. | 他不把我当人看 |
[18:44] | He insults me and disrespects me… | 他侮辱我 不尊重我 |
[18:47] | and you let him. | 你也由着他这样 |
[18:48] | What? | 什么 |
[18:48] | You always take his side. You always | 你总是帮他 |
[18:50] | do everything his way, even though we’re brothers. | 你总是听他的 我俩才是亲兄弟啊 |
[18:53] | Wait. Are you jealous? | 等下 你吃醋了吗 |
[18:56] | No, I’m pissed. | 没有 我气炸了 |
[18:58] | You and Stevie are going to be friends your whole life, | 你这辈子都和Stevie是好朋友 |
[19:00] | but once you go away to college and you’re not stuck with us, | 但是你一出去上大学 你就不会和我们在一起了 |
[19:03] | we’re never gonna see you again. | 我们再也看不到你了 |
[19:05] | But even so, you’re spending the | 但是你还是 |
[19:06] | rest of the time left with Stevie instead of… | 天天和Stevie待在一块儿 而不是 |
[19:14] | Do I have to tell you I love you? | 我要告诉你我爱你吗 |
[19:16] | No. | 不要 |
[19:17] | Good. | 那就好 |
[19:20] | Dude, like you said, we’re brothers. | 就像你说的 我们是亲兄弟 |
[19:25] | It doesn’t matter if I don’t want to be here, I’m stuck here. | 就算我不想待在这儿 我也被困在这儿了 |
[19:28] | No matter where I go or what I do, | 不管我去了哪里 不管我做了什么 |
[19:29] | we’re always going to be forced together. | 我们总是被迫团结在一起 |
[19:32] | Christmas, birthdays… | 圣诞节 生日 |
[19:34] | We’re going to be forced to | 我们下半辈子 |
[19:35] | be around each other for the rest of our lives. | 都是拴在一起了 |
[19:37] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[19:41] | What was that? | 那是什么 |
[19:43] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[20:02] | You’re… mine! | 你是 我的 |
[20:08] | Good news, Stevie. I forgive you. | 好消息 Stevie 我原谅你了 |
[20:11] | Come on, Stevie! | 别这样啊Stevie |
[20:13] | I can’t walk. This isn’t fair! | 我不能走 这不公平 |
[20:15] | Don’t reduce yourself to my level! | 你不能变成我这种人啊 |
[20:17] | You’re better than this! | 你不是这样的人 |
[20:31] | God, I’m too late! | 天哪 我来晚了 |
[20:32] | Stevie, please stop! | Stevie 快住手 |
[20:34] | Think of the lawsuit! | 想想我们会惹上的官司 |
[20:35] | You know these people will do anything to get our money! | 你知道这些人为了捞我们的钱什么事儿都做得出来 |
[20:41] | The Norvet Institute kicked Stevie out | Norvet研究所把Stevie踢出他们的项目了 |
[20:43] | of their program for unauthorized use of their equipment. | 因为他未经允许就使用了他们的器材 |
[20:45] | And Reese will be okay, but he’s not | Reese会没事儿的 |
[20:47] | allowed out of bed until he stops seeing four of everything. | 但必须等到他看东西不是四个影儿的时候才能让他下床 |
[21:02] | Mom’s making Dad find every last one of his old cigarettes. | 老妈要老爸把他以前藏的烟全都找出来 |
[21:05] | She’s going to make him eat any | 如果她明早发现还有烟 |
[21:06] | she finds tomorrow morning, so he’s pretty motivated. | 他都得一根根吃掉 所以他动力十足 |
[21:09] | The amazing thing is I’m the only one that got off scott-free. | 最棒的是 我是全家唯一一个免于受罚的人 |
[21:12] | Malcolm, go change Reese’s bedpan. | Malcolm 去给Reese换便盆 |
[21:16] | Hey. He’s my brother. | 喂 他是我哥哥嘛 |