时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | That’s why we’re here, right? | 这不就是我们在这里的原因吗 |
[00:05] | So our husbands can invent the end of the world. | 好让我们的丈夫创造世界末日 |
[00:08] | You’re not building a radar system, are you? | 你并不是在造雷达系统 对吧 |
[00:12] | Somewhere in Germany, Hitler’s got a town just like this one | 在德国某处 希特勒建了个类似的小镇 |
[00:15] | full of scientists hungrier than you. | 里面全是比你还饥饿的科学家 |
[00:18] | I need you to look at something. | 你得看点东西 |
[00:19] | You didn’t hear this from me. Command calls him Magpie. | 你不是从我这听说的 司令部称他为麦格派 |
[00:22] | Herr Doktor Schlimmer? | 你是史林默博士吗 |
[00:23] | He has credible intelligence | 他有可靠情报 |
[00:24] | that their atomic program is two months ahead of ours. | 他们的原子弹项目比我们领先了两个月 |
[00:27] | They’re more than two months ahead of us. | 他们领先我们远远不止两个月 |
[00:29] | Magpie’s dead… | 麦格派死了 |
[00:31] | and now we have no eyes on Heisenberg | 现在没人能帮我们监视海森堡 |
[00:33] | because somebody talked. | 因为有人泄密 |
[00:35] | My mother died yesterday. | 我母亲昨天去世了 |
[00:37] | Is your mother still alive, Frank? | 你母亲还在世吗 法兰克 |
[00:40] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[00:42] | Where’s Frank Winter? | 法兰克·温特呢 |
[00:43] | He’s gone and he’s never coming back. | 他走了 再也不会回来 |
[00:46] | Wonder how long before Frank’s daughter turns 18? | 不知道法兰克的女儿什么时候才到18岁啊 |
[00:49] | C-A-L-L-I-E. | C A L L I E[凯莉] |
[00:53] | I talked to Frank on the phone a little while ago. | 我不久前跟法兰克通过电话 |
[00:56] | He gave me his blessing. | 他为我祝福 |
[00:58] | Did he talk to him? | 他们通过电话吗 |
[01:01] | We’re gonna build a working gadget, | 我们将成功研制出小玩意 |
[01:02] | we’re gonna drop it on Berlin | 将它空投到柏林 |
[01:04] | ’cause on July 4th, 1945, | 因为在1945年7月4日 |
[01:05] | 紧急 项目重组 内爆装置测试 1945年7月 | |
[01:07] | we’re gonna put on the biggest fireworks show | 我们将燃放自《创世纪》以来 |
[01:09] | since the Book of Genesis. | 最华丽的烟火 |
[01:10] | Who recruited him? | 是谁招募了他 |
[01:12] | What? | 什么 |
[01:13] | Frank Winter recruited you. | 法兰克·温特招募了你 |
[01:16] | Who recruited Frank Winter? | 是谁招募了法兰克 |
[01:18] | Jesus. | 天哪 |
[01:52] | I want to apologize… | 我想趁你 |
[01:56] | while you’re still of sound mind and body. | 身心还健全的时候先道个歉 |
[02:03] | Am I under arrest? | 我是被捕了吗 |
[02:08] | Dr. Manfred Schlimmer, | 曼弗雷德·史林默博士 |
[02:11] | Kaiser Wilhelm Institute. Code name Magpie. | 在威廉皇帝学会工作 代号麦格派 |
[02:14] | Our source inside Heisenberg’s lab, | 我们在海森堡实验室内部的眼线 |
[02:17] | the only reason we knew the Nazis were on the brink of a bomb. | 我们知道纳粹在研制炸弹的唯一消息来源 |
[02:23] | You really think I’m the reason your German spy is dead? | 你真的认为是我害死了你们的德国间谍吗 |
[02:27] | I think you’re 10 feet underground… | 我认为你正身处3米深的地下 |
[02:33] | and I am the only living soul | 而知道你在这里的人 |
[02:35] | who knows where you are. | 只有我一个 |
[02:38] | I think that makes me the hand that feeds you | 你的吃喝拉撒 |
[02:40] | and the hand that taketh away | 都有我来掌控 |
[02:42] | until all you’ve got left is time and space. | 直到你只剩下时间和这四壁 |
[02:48] | And then I take those. | 然后我会把它们也夺走 |
[02:50] | And what’s left is the truth. | 最后就只剩下真相了 |
[02:55] | Read up. Get to know the man you sentenced to death. | 看看吧 了解一下被你害死的人 |
[03:00] | What are you? | 你是什么人 |
[03:02] | A bureaucrat with a gun. | 举枪乱杀的政客吗 |
[03:05] | You know absolutely nothing. | 你根本一无所知 |
[03:07] | You’ve got the paperwork to back it up. | 你手上明明有证明我清白的文件 |
[03:08] | In 1936, you took a leave of absence | 1936年 你向芝加哥大学 |
[03:11] | from the University of Chicago | 请假参加 |
[03:12] | to attend the Nobel ceremony of your friend Carl Anderson. | 你的朋友卡尔·安德森的诺贝尔奖颁奖典礼 |
[03:15] | Three days later you boarded the Kronprinsessen Hilde | 三天后你用假名搭乘海蒂皇冠公主号 |
[03:19] | to Hamburg, Germany, used a fake name. | 前往了德国汉堡 |
[03:21] | Then you traveled by rail to Leipzig, | 然后坐火车去了莱比锡 |
[03:23] | paid cash at the Park Hotel. Stayed two months. | 花现金住在帕克酒店 待了两个月 |
[03:29] | Since then you’ve taken great pains to conceal that trip– | 之后你费尽心思掩盖那次行程 |
[03:33] | falsifying your Army background affidavit, | 伪造了你的军事背景证词 |
[03:37] | for example. | 等等 |
[03:39] | That is what I know. | 这就是我所知的事 |
[03:45] | Make it last. | 省着点吃 |
[03:46] | I’ll be back in a couple of days. | 我过两天才会回来 |
[03:50] | Maybe three. | 可能得三天 |
[03:51] | So much paperwork. | 文书工作真是太多了 |
[04:20] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[05:24] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[05:28] | I need some goddamn food. | 我需要吃的 |
[05:55] | Nice place. | 地方不错 |
[06:01] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[06:04] | You could survive almost a month with no food. | 没吃的你也能活近一个月 |
[06:09] | Long as you have water. | 只要有水就行 |
[06:19] | When I– | 我… |
[06:21] | when I lied to you, | 我骗你的时候 |
[06:24] | it was only to protect you and protect Callie. | 都是为了保护你和凯莉 |
[06:27] | Just like your trip to Leipzig. | 就像你去莱比锡一样 |
[06:30] | It’s not important now. | 现在那都不重要了 |
[06:32] | The main point is… | 重点是… |
[06:35] | you missed something. | 你漏了东西 |
[06:38] | – What did I miss? – The first lie. | -我漏了什么 -第一个谎 |
[06:45] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[06:48] | The one you tell yourself. | 你自欺欺人的那个谎 |
[07:14] | Heard the one about the turtles? | 听过那个乌龟的故事吗 |
[07:20] | Yeah, from you. | 听过 你给我讲的 |
[07:22] | Student stands up in a cosmology lecture and says, | 宇宙学课上有个学生站起来说 |
[07:26] | “Planets, stars, gravity– | 行星 恒星 重力 |
[07:30] | They’re all lies. | 都是谎言 |
[07:31] | My mother says the world sits on the back of a giant turtle.” | 我妈妈说世界建立在一只大乌龟的背上 |
[07:35] | “All right,” Says the professor. | 教授说 “好吧” |
[07:36] | “What’s the turtle standing on?” | 那这乌龟又站在哪里呢 |
[07:38] | The student smiles and he says, | 学生笑了 回答到 |
[07:41] | “Oh, but don’t you see? | 你还不明白吗 |
[07:42] | It’s turtles all the way down.” | 从上到下都是乌龟啊 |
[07:51] | I guess we all need a turtle to stand on sometimes. | 看来我们都有需要只乌龟让我们落脚的时候 |
[07:54] | There are so few constants in science. | 科学中的定量很少 |
[07:57] | And life. | 生活中也是 |
[07:59] | – It’s mostly– – Variables. | -大多数是 -变量 |
[08:03] | Now these… | 这些 |
[08:05] | these variables aren’t intuitive. | 这些变量不太对 |
[08:08] | In English or in German. | 不管用英语还是德语都不太对 |
[08:11] | A word game. | 文字游戏 |
[08:12] | You physicists love to hide names in math. | 你们物理学家最爱把名字藏在数字里了 |
[08:16] | Like a crossword. | 就像字谜 |
[08:19] | It’s a narcissist’s trick | 是自恋的人 |
[08:20] | to convince himself he loves other people. | 骗自己说他爱着别人的方式 |
[08:23] | I notice you’ve never used my name. | 我发现你从来没用过我的名字 |
[08:25] | I hid, uh– | 我藏过 |
[08:28] | I hid Callie’s. | 藏过凯莉的 |
[08:31] | Immortalize your daughter | 能让你女儿的名字 |
[08:33] | – in the footnote of a bomb… – C-A-L- | -在一种炸弹的蓝本中不朽 -C A L |
[08:35] | – L-I-E. – …yet somehow you never remember her birthday. | -L I E -但你却从来记不住她的生日 |
[08:40] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[08:43] | This… | 这是 |
[08:45] | This can’t be right. | 这不可能 |
[08:46] | But it is… | 但就是真的 |
[08:48] | These are my goddamned equations. | 这些就是我的方程 |
[08:51] | This– this is our daughter’s name. | 这 这是我们女儿的名字 |
[08:54] | In Magpie’s math. | 出现在了麦格派的运算里 |
[08:57] | That means… | 这说明 |
[08:59] | You were wrong. | 你错了 |
[09:02] | The Nazis are stealing our work. | 纳粹在偷取我们的成果 |
[09:04] | They’re building their bomb on the back of my goddamn math. | 他们在用我算的东西造炸弹 |
[09:08] | The bureaucrat was right. | 官僚主义居然言中了 |
[09:10] | There’s a fox in the henhouse. | 鸡舍里溜进了一只狐狸 |
[09:12] | There is a spy. | 有个间谍 |
[09:15] | There is a spy back on the Hill. | 镇上有个间谍 |
[09:20] | Oh, my God. | 我的神啊 |
[09:30] | Hey, you want me to talk? | 你们不是要让我招供吗 |
[09:33] | I’ll talk! | 我全招 |
[10:35] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[10:47] | Hello? Is anyone here? | 有人吗 这里有人吗 |
[11:21] | 1,478 agitators in my care | 我有1478个犯人 |
[11:23] | and you ain’t one of ’em. | 但其中没有你 |
[11:26] | Smell like one of ’em. | 虽然一样臭 |
[11:40] | W-where am I? | 我这是在哪 |
[11:42] | Who are you, Houdini? | 你谁啊 逃跑之王吗 |
[11:45] | Must be the first guy ever broke into prison. | 绝对是史上第一个往监狱里越的人 |
[11:47] | No. | 不 |
[11:48] | No, no, I was brought here. | 不 我是被带到这里来的 |
[11:50] | By whom? | 谁带你来的 |
[11:52] | I don’t know. I don’t know his name. | 不知道 我不知道他的名字 |
[11:54] | He was a X-4 government agent. | 他是政府X-4特工 |
[11:58] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[12:00] | Call Santa Fe 33200. | 打给圣达菲33200 |
[12:04] | You tell them badge G-11 has important information about Magpie. | 告诉他们G-11号有麦格派的重要信息汇报 |
[12:09] | And if they want it, | 如果他们想知道 |
[12:11] | they gotta get me out of here. | 就得把我弄出去 |
[12:13] | It’s a matter of national security. | 事关国家安全 |
[12:15] | Yeah. | 是嘛 |
[12:17] | I hear that a lot. | 很多人都这么说 |
[12:19] | Anybody winds up here off the books, | 所有非正式送来的犯人 |
[12:22] | that’s someone Uncle Sam wants to disappear. | 都是山姆大叔想让他彻底失踪的人 |
[12:26] | Who am I to argue? | 我也只能从命啊 |
[12:30] | What say we throw him in with Tojos? See what happens? | 我们把他跟日本人关一起看看怎么样 |
[12:33] | No, no. | 不不 |
[12:34] | No, wait– wait a minute. | 不 等等 等下 |
[12:37] | I’m not– I’m not supposed to be in here. | 我不是 我不该在这里的 |
[12:44] | There’s been some kind of misunderstanding! | 这肯定是什么误会 |
[13:22] | I’m showing you this classified footage | 我给你们看的是军方授权的 |
[13:24] | at the request of the Army. | 机密录像 |
[13:26] | These are the conditions our guys can expect | 这就是我们的士兵踏足欧洲 |
[13:29] | when we put boots down in Europe. | 将要面对的境况 |
[13:31] | Can someone hit the lights? | 谁能开下灯吗 |
[13:33] | We’re invading Europe? | 我们要进攻欧洲了 |
[13:35] | – When? – Also classified. | -什么时候 -机密 |
[13:37] | But when we do, the Army’s gonna deploy a special team | 但一旦成真 军方将派出特殊小组 |
[13:41] | to look for W.A.M.D.S. | 寻找WAMDS |
[13:43] | W.A.M.D.S? | WAMDS是什么 |
[13:45] | Weapons adaptable to mass destruction. | 大规模杀伤性武器 |
[13:48] | They’ll be looking for our German sister city. | 他们会在德国找我们的姐妹城市 |
[13:50] | A place just like this building a W.A.M.D. | 一个制造同样大规模杀伤性武器的地方 |
[13:54] | – just like ours. – How far along are they? | -跟我们一样 -他们造得怎么样了 |
[13:56] | There’s nothing but wartime rumor. | 只有战时流言不足为信 |
[14:02] | It’s up to us to tell the Army what to look for, | 只有我们能告诉军方要找什么 |
[14:04] | not just oversized factories and uranium stockpiles. | 不光是大型工厂和铀储库 |
[14:08] | – Use your imaginations. – What about our weapon? | -发挥想象 -那我们的武器呢 |
[14:11] | I thought we were planning a test detonation. | 不是在计划试爆吗 |
[14:12] | We’ll be forming a new test group. | 我们会组建新的测试小组 |
[14:14] | There will be an announcement soon. | 很快就会对此发表通知 |
[14:16] | For now if you’re in this room, you have your assignment. | 现在在这屋里的人 这就是你们的任务 |
[14:19] | All right. | 好了 |
[14:25] | Not here, Helen. | 别在这闹 海伦 |
[14:26] | I left you six messages. | 我给你留了六条信息 |
[14:28] | I’m running a technical staff of 600. | 我要管理六百名技术人员 |
[14:31] | I’m a little busy. | 我有点忙 |
[14:32] | Right. You talk to Frank again? | 也对 你又跟弗兰克谈过了 |
[14:34] | Uh, no. Sorry. | 没有 抱歉 |
[14:35] | I have to brief the S.E.D. staff on implosion. | 我得给特别工程分队成员做内爆简报 |
[14:37] | – Frank is implosion. – We all have to move on. | -弗兰克就是内爆 -我们都得往前看 |
[14:40] | – Oh, I have. – Come on, Helen. | -我有啊 -得了吧 海伦 |
[14:43] | Come on. Let’s go. | 快 我们走 |
[15:12] | Wait! Hey! Wait! No! | 等等 别 |
[15:17] | Hey! Wait a minute! Wait a minute! | 等一下 等一下 |
[15:19] | – Stay back! – No! | -后退 -别走 |
[15:20] | – Don’t take another step! – Wait! | -别再往前一步 -等等 |
[15:23] | Wait, no– no, no, you– | 等等 不不 |
[15:25] | you got the wrong idea. | 不是你想的那样 |
[15:26] | God, do you know– do you know what this place is? | 天哪 你知道这是哪吗 |
[15:30] | It’s a– it’s a relocation camp, right? | 这是再安置营 对吗 |
[15:33] | For the internment of Japanese political dissidents? | 关押日本政治犯的地方 |
[15:37] | – Hands! – What? | -举起双手 -什么 |
[15:39] | – Hands. Show ’em to me! – Okay. | -双手 举给我看 -好 |
[15:41] | All right. | 好 |
[15:43] | Fresh off the boat? | 初来乍到吗 |
[15:45] | Clean hands. No labor vos liberabit for you. | 两手清白 没干过体力活 |
[15:50] | “Work will set you free”? | 劳动创造自由 |
[15:53] | It’s not helping the guys out there. | 帮不了外面那些人 |
[15:55] | College man, eh? | 知识分子 对吧 |
[15:57] | Yeah, that’ll come in real handy in Tosa. | 这在土佐倒是挺实用 |
[16:01] | Tosa? What is that, the name of this prison? | 土佐是什么 这所监狱的名字吗 |
[16:04] | The name of the town we’re in? | 我们所在城镇的名字 |
[16:06] | – What? Where are we? – Back! | -是什么 我们在哪 -退后 |
[16:07] | What the– Jesus. Never– never mind. | 是什么 老天 算了 |
[16:12] | Hey, come back! | 回来 |
[16:14] | Come back! I need to make a phone call! | 回来 我要打电话 |
[16:54] | I figured it out. | 我知道了 |
[16:58] | You’re Houdini, right? | 你是胡迪尼 对吧 |
[17:00] | The guy who appeared out of thin air. | 能凭空出现的人 |
[17:01] | We heard about you. | 我们都听说过你 |
[17:05] | You really don’t know why we’re here. | 你真的不知道你被关在这的原因 |
[17:08] | I saw Houdini when I was 15. | 我十五岁时见过胡迪尼 |
[17:09] | I don’t suppose that you can pick a lock– | 我觉得你应该不会撬锁 |
[17:11] | You didn’t tell me. | 你还没告诉我 |
[17:14] | What is Tosa? | 土佐是什么 |
[17:18] | It’s a province in Japan. | 是日本的一个省 |
[17:20] | They breed fighting dogs. | 在那他们饲养斗犬 |
[17:22] | They’re the finest in the world. | 那里的斗犬是世界上最好的 |
[17:27] | The guards in this prison don’t have any dogs. | 监狱的守卫没有养狗 |
[17:29] | But, uh, when you’re bored and you’re a betting man, | 但是 当你无聊且又是嗜赌之人时 |
[17:33] | you work with what you got. | 你只能就地取材 |
[17:35] | And what you got here is a bunch of guys | 在这你有一群 |
[17:36] | who don’t, strictly speaking, exist. | 严格意义上不存在的人 |
[17:39] | So why not throw ’em into an empty cellblock, | 所以为何不把他们扔进牢里 |
[17:43] | see who survives? | 让他们自相残杀呢 |
[17:45] | That’s insane. | 太疯狂了 |
[17:48] | They can’t just expect us to– | 他们不可能期望我们 |
[17:49] | Kill or be killed? | 自相残杀 |
[17:52] | If the dogs won’t fight, | 如果狗不斗 |
[17:53] | heat up the cage. | 那就加热狗笼 |
[17:54] | They, uh– they have their ways. | 他们总有办法 |
[17:56] | You’ll see. | 你等着看吧 |
[18:00] | Nobody can force us to murder each other. | 没人能逼我们自相残杀 |
[18:05] | Usually they throw a white guy in with a Jap. | 他们通常把白人跟日本人关在一起 |
[18:09] | The house always wins. | 每次都是庄家赢 |
[18:18] | Is that a radio? | 那是广播吗 |
[18:23] | Where? | 哪里 |
[18:26] | Never mind. | 没事了 |
[18:30] | Listen… | 听着 |
[18:32] | How long have we been here? | 我们在这多久了 |
[18:36] | 12 hours. | 十二个小时 |
[18:37] | 12 hours, you could’ve brained me anytime. | 十二个小时 你本有大把时间把我砸死 |
[18:40] | So the way I see it, we’re already beating the odds. | 所以在我看来 我们已经打破常规了 |
[18:43] | We just have to trust each other. | 我们只需相互信任 |
[18:46] | That’s your plan, Houdini? | 这就是你的计划吗 胡迪尼 |
[18:48] | – Trust? – No. | -信任 -不是 |
[18:50] | Game theory. | 博弈论 |
[18:52] | Trust is the strategy. | 信任是策略 |
[18:55] | The plan is escape. | 计划是逃跑 |
[19:06] | I was 13. | 我当时十三岁 |
[19:09] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[19:10] | The first time I saw Houdini. | 我第一次见到胡迪尼时的年纪 |
[19:13] | He did the milk can escape. | 他表演了牛奶罐逃生术 |
[19:15] | Two summers later he came back | 两年后他又回来 |
[19:18] | and that’s when I figured out how he did it. | 我当时想出了他的魔法奥秘 |
[19:21] | Right before he went in, | 就在他进去前 |
[19:24] | his, um– his wife came onstage, do you remember? | 他的妻子会上台 你记得吗 |
[19:29] | Well, she kissed the key into his mouth. | 她在吻他时把钥匙送进了他嘴里 |
[19:33] | Right in front of everybody. | 在所有人面前 |
[19:38] | The wife. Yeah. | 他妻子 没错 |
[19:42] | You see, most solutions, they hide in plain sight. | 大部分解决方法都隐藏于平常的场景中 |
[19:47] | I don’t plan on doing any killing today. | 我今天不打算杀人 |
[19:52] | Or dying. | 也不想死 |
[19:55] | Do you? | 你呢 |
[20:06] | Beuker. Joseph Beuker. | 我叫别克 约瑟夫·别克 |
[20:10] | Charlie Isaacs. | 查理·艾萨克 |
[20:15] | Hey, kiddo. | 儿子 |
[20:17] | Daddy! | 爸爸 |
[20:18] | How was your day? | 今天过得怎么样 |
[20:20] | You know those Chinese circus acts? | 你知道中国人的马戏表演吗 |
[20:22] | Guy juggling plates, | 演员们抛耍盘子 |
[20:24] | you think the whole dinner set’s gonna come crashing down on his head? | 总感觉他头顶上的餐具会全部摔下来 |
[20:27] | Sit. | 坐 |
[20:30] | I gotta be back in an hour. | 我一小时后还得回去 |
[20:33] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[20:35] | What do you have to go back to? | 你还要回去干什么 |
[20:39] | Sign the pay slips. | 签收工资单 |
[20:40] | Get my requisitions rejected by the Army. | 让军方驳回我的采购单 |
[20:44] | Repeat. | 一次次重复 |
[20:46] | Have you, uh, picked out a color for the nursery yet? | 你想好育儿房刷什么颜色了吗 |
[20:54] | You’re building a weapon. | 你在造武器 |
[20:57] | – I wanna know what kind. – Abby. | -我想知道是怎样的 -艾比 |
[20:59] | We said no more secrets. | 我们说好彼此没有秘密 |
[21:01] | It’s not my secret. | 这不只是我一个人的秘密 |
[21:03] | I took a vow. | 我宣过誓了 |
[21:06] | You’ve broken other vows. | 你也违背过其他誓言 |
[21:09] | There are 20-year-old graduate students who know why we’re here. | 一群20岁的研究生知道我们为什么在这 |
[21:13] | Boys. Helen Prins knows. | 连海伦·普林斯也知道 |
[21:22] | You said this baby was a new leaf. | 你说这宝宝的降生会带来新生活 |
[21:25] | And I won’t go back to the way it was before. | 我可不会回到过去的那种生活 |
[21:29] | Playing make-believe like you’re a teacher or salesman | 你像老师和推销员那样描绘幻想的未来 |
[21:34] | and I’m Betty Crocker. | 而我则轻易相信你 |
[21:51] | Do you remember… | 你还记得 |
[21:54] | when we had dinner at that, uh… | 那次我们在中心广场的 |
[21:56] | that Italian place in Central Square? | 那家意式餐厅吃晚饭吗 |
[21:58] | I was bouncing off the walls ’cause a guy | 我当时无比兴奋 因为有一个 |
[22:00] | named Otto Hahn split the atom. | 叫奥托·哈恩的人分裂了铀原子 |
[22:04] | It’s call– | 被称… |
[22:09] | It’s called an atomic chain reaction. | 被称为原子链式反应 |
[22:23] | So Liza actually says that she’s heard from Frank? | 莱莎真的说她有法兰克的消息了吗 |
[22:26] | I mean, she can’t stand the Army. | 她明明那么讨厌军方 |
[22:28] | Why would she cover for ’em? | 为什么还要帮他们撒谎 |
[22:29] | – I don’t know. – Maybe she’s in cahoots with Charlie Isaacs. | -不知道 -说不定她和查理·艾萨克合谋 |
[22:32] | Maybe, uh– maybe they bumped off Frank for the life insurance. | 说不定他们干掉法兰克套取保险金 |
[22:36] | Well, I don’t like Isaacs any better than the rest of you. | 我跟你们一样特别讨厌艾萨克 |
[22:38] | He makes Richard III look like Richard II. | 他总是越权行事 |
[22:40] | But, you know, maybe Frank really was transferred. | 但说不定法兰克真被调走了 |
[22:43] | You wanna tell us what we’re doing here then, Duchess? | 公爵夫人 能告诉我们来这干什么吗 |
[22:46] | We’re looking for Hitler’s W.A.M.D.s. | 我们要找希特勒的大规模杀伤性武器 |
[22:48] | Five miles from the Hill? | 在小镇八公里外找吗 |
[22:49] | Actually, we’re five miles above the Earth in German air space. | 其实我们在离地八公里的德国领空 |
[22:54] | Have you been eating Fritz’s mushrooms? | 你吃了福瑞茨的致幻蘑菇吗 |
[22:56] | It’s the lowest altitude a surveillance plane can fly. | 这是侦查飞机能飞的最低安全高度 |
[22:58] | We’re recreating the same conditions laterally. | 我们在这建了个相同环境条件 |
[23:01] | Radioactive particles ruin photographic film. | 放射性微粒会毁掉照相机胶卷 |
[23:03] | We’re gonna mount those plates on posts downwind of the Hill. | 我们将加热板沿着小镇下风向铺好 |
[23:06] | Well, if the film gets exposed… | 如果胶卷曝光了 |
[23:07] | So all you need to find a German reactor | 所以找到德国佬的反应堆 |
[23:09] | is an airplane and a roll of Kodak. | 只需要飞机和一卷柯达胶卷 |
[23:11] | – Quick and dirty. – Just like Helen. | -又快又好用 -就像海伦 |
[23:13] | So we’re following Issacs’ orders? | 我们这是在服从艾萨克的命令吗 |
[23:15] | We’re not doing it for Charlie. | 我们不是为了查理 |
[23:16] | We’re doing what Frank would want us to do. | 这是法兰克会想让我们做的事 |
[23:19] | Chasing wild geese in a desert while | 他想让我们在沙漠里瞎跑 |
[23:20] | another team signs its name on a gadget we invented. | 而另一组则将我们的发明据为己有 |
[23:23] | We’re doing the work we’re assigned | 我们是在干我们被分到的活 |
[23:25] | better than anyone else. | 比其他人好多了 |
[23:27] | Beuker! | 别克 |
[23:29] | These are telephone wires out here. | 外面有电话线 |
[23:33] | I don’t think they’re gonna give you your phone call, | 我觉得他们不可能让你打电话 |
[23:36] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[23:38] | Pretty sure they already found a substitute for your math class. | 很显然他们已经找到人手顶替你上数学课 |
[23:42] | You were talking about game theory. | 你一直在说博弈论 |
[23:44] | I assume you’re not a plumber. | 我想你肯定不是水管工 |
[23:47] | I teach calculus. | 我教微积分 |
[23:49] | College. | 大学里的 |
[23:51] | Like recognizes like. I’m history. | 我跟你差不多 我教历史 |
[23:54] | Fisk University. | 我在费斯克大学 |
[23:55] | Where did you educate the future nonvoters of America? | 你在什么大学给全美未来不投票的人授课 |
[23:58] | I’ve been chased out of half the schools in the Ivy League. | 我被常春藤联盟一半的学校赶走了 |
[24:00] | You know, there’s gotta be some kind of… | 在这栋楼里… |
[24:03] | emergency telephone box somewhere in this building. | 肯定有紧急电话亭 |
[24:06] | “Isaacs”. | 艾萨克 |
[24:09] | Known a lot of Jewish math professors over the years. | 这些年认识了许多犹太教数学教授 |
[24:12] | Christian, actually. | 我信基督教 |
[24:14] | I was born that way. I’ll die an atheist. | 出生犹太教 但死也要作为无神论者死 |
[24:17] | Ah, we’ve got that in common, too. | 这一点我俩也一样呢 |
[24:20] | A couple atheist teachers, | 两个无神论者教师 |
[24:23] | rational, | 理性 |
[24:24] | happy fellow travelers so far. | 目前是好伙伴 |
[24:26] | So what is it– what is it… | 所以 是什么 是什么 |
[24:30] | What? What is what? | 什么 你问什么 |
[24:35] | They throw fellas in Tosa who would want to kill each other. | 他们把想互相残杀的人放进土佐 |
[24:38] | They paired us up for a reason. | 他们安排我俩一对肯定有原因 |
[24:42] | Charlie? | 查理 |
[24:47] | You really don’t hear that? | 你真的没听到吗 |
[24:52] | Hear what? | 听到什么 |
[24:54] | It’s the Mourning Cantata for King Frederick. | 弗雷德里克国王的哀悼大合唱 |
[25:01] | Losing my mind. | 我快疯了 |
[25:03] | Well, you’ve come to the right place. | 你来对地方了 |
[25:06] | How’s an American citizen end up in a hole like this? | 一个美国公民怎么会沦落到这个鬼地方 |
[25:14] | Just look enough like Yamamoto to piss off the Rotary Club. | 长得像山本就能让扶轮社不爽 |
[25:16] | Or just look like a plain old white fella | 普通白人也能 |
[25:19] | who went to the wrong meeting. | 赴了一场错误的约 |
[25:21] | Well, did you? | 是这样吗 |
[25:24] | Go to the wrong meeting? | 赴了一场错误的约 |
[25:26] | I believed in free thought | 我崇尚自由思想 |
[25:28] | and I made the mistake of practicing it | 但在教室里实践的过程中 |
[25:30] | in a classroom. | 犯了错误 |
[25:32] | How’d you really wind up here? | 你怎么会沦落至此 |
[25:39] | Listen to me! | 听我说 |
[25:40] | Call– call Santa Fe 332– | 联系圣达非332… |
[25:44] | God damn it! | 操 |
[25:51] | Hey, uh, how long since you ate? | 你上次吃东西是什么时候 |
[25:55] | Yesterday. | 昨天 |
[25:57] | You? | 你呢 |
[26:01] | I heard about this. | 我听说过 |
[26:03] | They drug the food. | 他们往饭菜里面下药 |
[26:04] | Sometimes one tray, sometimes both. | 有时是一份饭菜被下药 有时是两份 |
[26:08] | Deal one of us an advantage, see? | 让我们其中一人占优势 |
[26:12] | – Imbalance. – That’s crazy. | -制造不平衡状态 -简直疯了 |
[26:16] | It can’t be that easy getting two strangers to kill each other. | 让两个陌生人互相残杀并不那么容易 |
[26:19] | Well, you obviously don’t teach history. | 显然 你不是历史老师 |
[26:23] | Okay. | 好 |
[26:25] | So we both eat | 那这两份饭菜 |
[26:28] | from both trays at the same time. | 每一份我们都一人一半 |
[26:29] | That way if something happens, | 这样如果真有什么 |
[26:31] | it happens to both of us, okay? | 我们俩都中招 怎么样 |
[26:33] | Yeah. | 好 |
[27:05] | Picked the wrong desert. I bet it’s warm in the Sahara. | 选错沙漠了 撒哈拉沙漠肯定更暖和 |
[27:11] | It’s freezing. How much longer? | 冷死了 还要多久 |
[27:13] | Six more plates. 90 minutes. | 再六个板 九十分钟 |
[27:16] | Who’s got a spooky story? | 谁来讲个鬼故事 |
[27:20] | I suppose I’ve got a spook story. | 我想到了个吓人的故事 |
[27:25] | You know that G-2 guy with the glasses | 你们知道情报部那个戴眼镜的家伙吧 |
[27:27] | always skulking around bushes | 总鬼鬼祟祟躲在灌木丛里 |
[27:28] | with a cola bottle in his hand? | 手里还拿个可乐瓶 |
[27:30] | I hate that guy. | 我讨厌他 |
[27:33] | He vanished | 两周前 |
[27:35] | into the ether two weeks ago. | 他从人间蒸发了 |
[27:37] | They found his badge by the side of the road. | 他们在路边发现了他的工牌 |
[27:41] | Much the worse for wear. | 都已经稀烂了 |
[27:44] | – Where did you hear that? – My secret informant. | -你哪儿听来的消息 -我的秘密线人 |
[27:47] | Whichever WAC he’s boffing now. | 是某个跟他有一腿的陆军妇女队员吧 |
[27:51] | We’re looking for the Nazi version | 我们要找的是纳粹版本的 |
[27:53] | of the Manhattan Project, right? | 曼哈顿计划的内容 对吧 |
[27:54] | We’re basically looking for our Nazi… | 我们就只要找我们自己的纳粹 |
[27:59] | …Nazi-Meeks, Nazi-Crosley– | …纳粹份子米克斯 纳粹份子克罗斯利 |
[28:00] | What’s the opposite of a drunk English physicist? | 烂醉英国物理学家的反义词是什么 |
[28:03] | A sober Irish priest! And good luck finding one! | 清醒的爱尔兰神父 能找到一个算你走运 |
[28:07] | I gotta empty the tank. | 我去尿尿了 |
[28:10] | Uh, if some guy comes back, | 如果有人回来 |
[28:12] | looks like me, handsome, but with no mustache? | 长得像我一样帅 但是没有胡子 |
[28:16] | That’s Nazi-Fritz. Don’t trust him! | 那是纳粹分子福瑞茨 决不能相信他 |
[28:24] | – Open it. – Where? | -打开 -哪儿 |
[28:38] | You won’t see me again. | 我们不会再见面了 |
[28:40] | When the time comes, someone will contact you. | 等时机成熟 会有人来联系你 |
[28:43] | He’ll have the other half of this. | 他会带着这个的另一半 |
[28:54] | Holy shit! | 我的天 |
[28:55] | – What? – Come here! | -怎么了 -过来 |
[28:57] | Somebody shot it. | 它被枪杀了 |
[29:04] | Probably target practice. | 大概是谁把它当靶子了吧 |
[29:06] | Can’t be a good omen. | 不是个好兆头 |
[29:10] | We should bury him. | 应该埋了它 |
[29:15] | Pretty sure the bugs have it under control, pal. | 我肯定它已经被虫子收管了 哥们 |
[29:18] | So we just leave him out here to rot? | 那我们就让它烂在这儿吗 |
[29:21] | That’s what the Nazis would do. | 只有纳粹才能干出这种事 |
[29:23] | We’re– we’re decent human beings. | 我们 我们是顶天立地的人 |
[29:27] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[29:31] | I don’t know what we’re doing here anymore. | 我不知道我们以后在这该干什么 |
[29:33] | ‘Cause the guy who’s supposed to tell us isn’t here. | 因为那个负责指导我们的人不在这里 |
[30:53] | Hey, Beu– Beuker! | 别克 |
[30:55] | Beuker! Beuker, bring me the gun! | 别克 别克 把枪给我 |
[30:59] | Thought we had a gentleman’s agreement. | 我以为我们达成了君子协议 |
[31:01] | No gunplay. | 不来枪的那一套 |
[31:03] | Well, there’s– there’s a telephone box in here. | 这里有个电话线盒 |
[31:09] | What’s this? | 这是什么地方 |
[31:10] | – Some kind of boiler room? – We can shoot this lock off. | -锅炉房吗 -我们可以开枪崩了这锁 |
[31:15] | Right. | 好吧 |
[31:16] | No, no. C– | 别 别走 |
[31:18] | Beu– Beuker, come here. | 别克 过来 |
[31:21] | Beuker! | 别克 |
[31:23] | Even if there is a phone in there, | 就算那里面有电话 |
[31:25] | I doubt they’ve paid the bill. | 我也怀疑他们没付电话费 |
[31:26] | If there’s any kind of live wire, I could rig something up. | 只要有通电的电线 我就能做点东西出来 |
[31:29] | I’ve got practical experience with that sort of stuff. | 做这些东西我有经验 |
[31:33] | Sounds a little Buck Rogers to me, Charlie. | 听起来你就像巴克·罗杰斯附体了 查理 |
[31:36] | Who’s doing the shooting? | 谁负责开枪 |
[31:37] | Whoever’s the best shot. | 谁瞄的准谁开 |
[31:39] | I carried a service revolver in the last war. | 我在一战中的配枪是左轮手枪 |
[31:43] | So I guess I ought to give you the gun, eh? | 看来我得把枪给你了 |
[31:46] | Look, we have a shot. | 我们有一次开枪的机会 |
[31:48] | Literally, one shot that we can use to try and escape. | 准确地说 只有一次尝试逃跑的机会 |
[32:03] | You’re hearing it again? | 你又听见了吗 |
[32:06] | You can hear it. | 你也能听见 |
[32:08] | No, your head’s a mess, | 不 你的智不清楚了 |
[32:09] | but, uh, when you mentioned the piece earlier, | 但你之前提到的曲子 |
[32:12] | I-I was surprised. | 挺令我意外的 |
[32:14] | That’s Johann Adolph Scheibe. | 那是乔安·阿多夫·沙伊贝写的 |
[32:16] | So? | 所以呢 |
[32:18] | How do you even know Scheibe? | 你怎么能知道沙伊贝 |
[32:19] | – Do you play? – No. | -你会弹琴吗 -不会 |
[32:21] | No, somebody I used to know, | 不 我以前认识个人 |
[32:23] | she played him a lot. | 她总弹他的曲子 |
[32:26] | Okay, you want the gun, Charlie? | 好吧 你想要这把枪吗 查理 |
[32:28] | – I’ll give it to you. – All right. Fine, good, give it to me. | -我给你 -好的 很好 给我吧 |
[32:32] | But I want something back. | 但是我要”报酬” |
[32:34] | The truth. | 真相 |
[32:35] | Who you really are. | 你究竟是谁 |
[32:37] | I understand… | 我理解 |
[32:40] | why you’re not admitting it, mind you. | 你为什么不承认 |
[32:42] | Scheibe was, uh… | 沙伊贝曾是 |
[32:43] | Bach’s only real critic, you know? | 唯一批评巴赫的人 你知道吗 |
[32:48] | He found Bach abstract, | 他认为巴赫过于抽象 |
[32:51] | degenerate. Like the Negroes and their jazz. | 是音乐的倒退 就像黑鬼和他们的爵士乐 |
[32:55] | You must know where Scheibe’s experiencing | 你一定知道沙伊贝在哪里 |
[32:57] | a resurgence right now. | 重获推崇了 |
[33:01] | The same country, the only country, mind you, | 同一个国家 提醒你 只有一个国家 |
[33:06] | that guarantees protection of the middle class | 能保证保护中产阶级 |
[33:09] | against unions and immigrants… | 反对工会和移民 |
[33:13] | parasitic financial schemes. | 和寄生式金融体制 |
[33:19] | – What, Germany? – Yeah. | -哪里 德国吗 -是的 |
[33:23] | Not a lot of Scheibe fans in America. | 美国的沙伊贝粉丝可不多见 |
[33:25] | Can’t even find his recordings here, can you, Charlie? | 这里都找不到他的胶片 你能吗 查理 |
[33:30] | Just a plain old white fella | 我只是个普通白人 |
[33:32] | who went to the wrong meeting. | 出现在了错误的地点 |
[33:37] | “Isaacs.” | 你叫艾萨克 |
[33:39] | Christianized from “Heidrich,” I’ll bet? | 我打赌 你是来自海德里希的基督徒 |
[33:44] | You got High Prussian blood, don’t you? | 你有高普鲁士血统 对吗 |
[33:52] | You’re a Nazi. | 你是个纳粹 |
[33:55] | Y-you’re an American Nazi. | 你 你是个美国纳粹 |
[34:00] | Have I misjudged you? | 难道我看错你了吗 |
[34:03] | So what– | 那又怎样 |
[34:05] | what if I had been a Jew? | 如果我是犹太人呢 |
[34:07] | What, would you have bashed my skull in that first night? | 你会在第一天晚上就爆我的头吗 |
[34:12] | I part with Hitler there. | 我并不赞同希特勒这一点 |
[34:13] | I have no complaints with the Jewish people, per se. | 我不讨厌犹太这类人 |
[34:19] | I ask only for some… | 我只要求 |
[34:22] | open debate about their effect on their host cultures. | 自由地谈论他们对所居国文化的影响 |
[34:26] | You’ve seen it in academia, | 你在学术界看到过 |
[34:29] | the conspiracy against good Aryans like us. | 针对我们这种善良雅利安人的阴谋 |
[34:33] | You twisted son of a bitch. | 你个扭曲的杂种 |
[34:37] | So who played Scheibe for you? | 是谁弹沙伊贝给你听的 |
[34:40] | Some old flame? | 老情人吗 |
[34:43] | Did you get your heart broken by a German girl? | 你被德国女人伤害过吗 |
[34:46] | Is that where all this anger’s coming from? | 这就是你愤怒的原因吗 |
[34:50] | Where’s my anger coming from? | 我愤怒的原因 |
[34:53] | Trust me, Joe. I know the Nazis a lot better than you do. | 相信我 乔伊 我了解纳粹可比你深多了 |
[34:56] | You’re a gang of killers | 你们就是一群 |
[34:58] | who brainwashed their own people. | 给自己人洗脑的杀手 |
[35:01] | Why am I angry? | 我为什么愤怒 |
[35:03] | – Charlie. – My name is not Charlie. | -查理 -我不叫查理 |
[35:24] | Joey just went down. | 乔伊才睡下 |
[35:26] | He was beside himself. | 他高兴坏了 |
[35:27] | He found a cow skull in the cupboard. | 他在橱柜里发现了牛头骨 |
[35:30] | Did you know that Liza Winter kept bones in the house? | 你知道莱莎·温特把骨头放在屋里吗 |
[35:32] | Well, she’s a biologist. | 她是位生物学家 |
[35:35] | If you saw Darwin’s cupboard, | 如果你见识过达尔文的橱柜 |
[35:36] | you’d think he was a mass murderer. | 你会认为他是个凶残的杀手 |
[35:53] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[35:56] | Is there a problem with the… Gadget? | 小玩意出问题了吗 |
[36:00] | Uh… no. | 没有 |
[36:05] | Not ours. | 不是我们的 |
[36:07] | Hitler’s Gadget, then? | 那是希特勒的小玩意吗 |
[36:15] | The Army’s gonna invade Europe, and when they get there, | 军方准备入侵欧洲 当他们到达那里 |
[36:19] | they need to know how to find the German project. | 他们需要知道如何找到德国人的计划 |
[36:22] | We have intelligence from inside the Nazi project. | 我们已经从纳粹的项目内部获取了情报 |
[36:25] | Information about how Heisenberg | 关于海森堡 斯特拉斯曼和哈恩 |
[36:27] | and Strassmann and Hahn are actually building their Gadget. | 究竟如何制造他们的小玩意 |
[36:30] | Well, that’s a good thing, isn’t it? | 这是好消息 不是吗 |
[36:32] | It would be… | 本应该是 |
[36:34] | if I was allowed to tell my guys about it. | 如果能允许我告诉手下的话 |
[36:37] | They’re working on the problem | 他们在努力攻克难关 |
[36:38] | with a brain hemisphere tied behind their back. | 却无法知晓所有信息 |
[36:43] | I know what I would do | 如果我是在寻找计划的纳粹 |
[36:45] | if I were the Nazis looking for this project. | 我知道该怎么做 |
[36:48] | Yeah, what’s that? | 是吗 怎么做 |
[36:51] | I’d come after you. | 我会追杀你 |
[36:55] | Say you wanted to end a baseball season. | 要是你想终结整个棒球赛季 |
[37:00] | You could look for the stadiums, | 你可以四处找场馆 |
[37:02] | try and shut them all down. | 让它们关门大吉 |
[37:04] | Or you could just… | 或者你只需要 |
[37:05] | – get rid of the New York Yankees. – Abby. | -除掉纽约洋基队 -艾比 |
[37:09] | What you’re talking about, it’s complicated. | 你在说什么 这很复杂 |
[37:12] | The– the German physicists, they are… | 那些 那些德国科学家 他们 |
[37:14] | Trying to get rid of us. | 想要除掉我们 |
[37:15] | Friends. Or they were friends of Oppenheimer’s. | 是朋友 他们也可能是奥本海默的朋友 |
[37:18] | Of the senior staff. | 还有高级官员 |
[37:19] | These guys, they… | 这些人 他们 |
[37:21] | they all came up together. | 他们关系都很好 |
[37:24] | If… | 如果 |
[37:27] | if the Nazi Gadget goes off… | 如果纳粹投下了小玩意 |
[37:31] | will they spare our friends? | 他们会放过我们的朋友们吗 |
[37:38] | You must have photographs of the German scientists. | 你肯定有德国科学家们的照片 |
[37:43] | Their home addresses. The names of their wives and children. | 他们的住址 他们妻儿的名字 |
[37:49] | Give those to the Army. | 把那些交给军方 |
[38:06] | You can’t even see the irony. | 你看不出这有多讽刺吗 |
[38:08] | Sitting in an American concentration camp, | 待在美国的集中营里 |
[38:13] | but you think the Germans are monsters, huh? | 却认为德国人是禽兽 |
[38:18] | Hitler’s more merciful than you think. | 希特勒比你想象中更慈悲 |
[38:19] | Not the first word that comes to mind. | 我肯定首先不会想到这个词 |
[38:21] | No? Any second, all this, | 不是吗 任何时候 所有这一切 |
[38:25] | this prison, this country, this life | 这座监狱 这个国家 我这一生 |
[38:28] | could just, poof! Go away. | 可能就会 烟消云散 |
[38:31] | – What, more Houdini? – The wonder weapon. | -怎么会 更多胡迪尼把戏 -奇迹武器 |
[38:34] | Hitler has a device that could bring the world to its knees, | 希特勒拥有让全世界臣服的武器 |
[38:36] | but he doesn’t use it ’cause he’s merciful. | 但他不用是因为他心存慈悲 |
[38:41] | It’s called a Sun Gun. | 那武器叫太阳能泡 |
[38:43] | It’s a heliobeam | 是种太阳光束 |
[38:45] | that can make an ocean boil or a continent disappear. | 可以让大海沸腾 或是摧毁整个大洲 |
[38:49] | Yeah. Last year it was the freeze ray. | 对 去年说有冷冻射线 |
[38:52] | The year before that the death ray. | 前年还有死光 |
[38:54] | Germany’s a nation of liars. | 德国就是个骗子国 |
[38:56] | Says the man who lies about his own name. | 说这话的人却连名字都要骗人 |
[39:01] | You don’t look too good, Houdini. Huh? | 你看起来不太舒服 胡迪尼 |
[39:03] | Heatstroke? | 中暑了吗 |
[39:04] | Or are you hearing your phantom music again? | 还是说你又幻听到音乐声了 |
[39:09] | You know, I’ve been to Germany. | 我去过德国 |
[39:11] | Their wonder weapon is propaganda. | 他们的奇迹武器是政治鼓吹的产物 |
[39:14] | They could convince a parent to eat their own child. | 他们甚至可以说服亲生父母吃掉自己的孩子 |
[39:18] | Oh, my God, what did she do to you? | 我的天 她到底对你做了什么 |
[39:20] | – Who? – This girlfriend? | -谁 -那个女朋友 |
[39:23] | Your Nazi love. | 你的纳粹小情人 |
[39:25] | This mysterious fr?ulein | 那位神秘女郎 |
[39:27] | who played Scheibe concertos for you. | 曾为你弹奏过沙伊贝协奏曲 |
[39:30] | She wasn’t my Goddamn girlfriend! | 她才不是我的女朋友 |
[39:42] | No. | 不对 |
[39:45] | She was your mother. | 她是你的母亲 |
[39:51] | Son of a bitch. | 狗娘养的 |
[39:54] | Son of a bitch. | 狗娘养的 |
[39:58] | Is your mother German? | 你母亲是德国人 |
[40:11] | No! Hey, please! | 不要 拜托了 |
[40:14] | Hello?! | 有人吗 |
[40:17] | It’s locked. | 被锁住了 |
[40:25] | Tosa. | 土佐 |
[40:38] | We’re both gonna die in here, aren’t we? | 我们都会死在这里 对吧 |
[40:44] | What temperature does a man’s blood boil at? | 人的血液在多少度时会沸腾 |
[40:51] | Still Scheibe? | 还能听到沙伊贝的曲子 |
[40:57] | Where is she now? | 她现在在哪 |
[40:59] | Your mother. | 你的母亲 |
[41:01] | I barely knew her. | 我对她没什么印象 |
[41:05] | My parents met through a service. | 我的父母是参加活动时认识的 |
[41:10] | Isolated bachelors on farms in the Midwest. | 把单身男女们送到与世隔绝的中西部农场 |
[41:14] | And she was from Germany. | 她来自德国 |
[41:16] | Leipzig. | 来自莱比锡 |
[41:19] | A musical prodigy. | 是位音乐神童 |
[41:22] | From Leipzig to the Midwest. | 从莱比锡到中西部 |
[41:25] | And then back again. | 然后再回去 |
[41:27] | She was gone before I was seven years old. | 我还没到七岁时她就离开了 |
[41:31] | All I remember is this woman… | 我对她的所有印象就是一个女人 |
[41:35] | No. | 不对 |
[41:37] | No, this young girl… | 不 是一个年轻女孩 |
[41:40] | crying. | 在哭泣 |
[41:43] | And the– the piano | 还有钢琴声 |
[41:46] | every night after bedtime. | 会在每晚我睡觉之后响起 |
[41:51] | And then one night there was no piano. | 然后有一晚琴声消失了 |
[41:56] | She just disappeared. | 她就这样从人间蒸发了 |
[42:00] | You never saw her again. | 你从那时起再没见过她 |
[42:02] | No, I did. | 不 我见过 |
[42:05] | I did, I saw her. | 我之后见过她 |
[42:08] | I saw her one last time. | 我最后见过她一面 |
[42:10] | 1936. | 在1936年 |
[42:14] | You found her? | 你找到她了 |
[42:16] | She was… | 她当时是 |
[42:18] | a musician. Finally. | 一位音乐家 终于如愿以偿 |
[42:20] | A concert pianist underwritten by the government. | 一位政府下属的音乐会钢琴家 |
[42:23] | It took me 30 years, 3,000 miles, | 花了我三十年 跋涉将近五千公里 |
[42:26] | a boat, a plane, | 乘船 坐飞机 |
[42:29] | and a leave of absence. | 休了长假 |
[42:32] | I went into her dressing room to introduce myself. | 我走进她的更衣室介绍自己 |
[42:42] | She called the Gestapo on me. | 她却叫盖世太保来抓我 |
[42:45] | Oh, God. | 老天 |
[42:47] | Beuker, | 别克 |
[42:49] | do you know why I am telling you this? | 你知道我为什么告诉你这些吗 |
[42:54] | Because it’s the truth. | 因为这都是事实 |
[42:58] | What do you get for winning Tosa? | 如果赢了土佐会怎样 |
[43:03] | They say the winner goes free. | 他们说胜者得自由 |
[43:06] | Right. | 好吧 |
[43:07] | If you get out of here and I don’t… | 如果你出去了 而我没有 |
[43:12] | I want you to call Santa Fe 33200. | 我想让你打给圣达菲33200 |
[43:17] | I want you to tell them that Magpie | 我想让你告诉他们麦格派拿到的 |
[43:20] | is our work. | 是我们的研究成果 |
[43:23] | It’s not theirs. | 不是他们的 |
[43:26] | Tell them to look for the– the letters. | 告诉他们要注意字母 |
[43:33] | Not the number… | 而不是数字 |
[43:38] | Houdini? | 胡迪尼 |
[43:41] | Charlie? | 查理 |
[43:50] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[44:12] | What? | 什么 |
[44:14] | It’s a– | 这是 |
[44:15] | this is a fake. | 这是假枪 |
[44:17] | It’s… | 这是 |
[44:21] | it’s a game. | 这是场游戏 |
[44:26] | Uncle. | 叔叔 |
[44:42] | I believe you, Frank. | 我相信你 法兰克 |
[44:59] | Where is Avram Fisher? | 埃弗兰·费舍在哪 |
[45:06] | What– what is this? | 这是 这是怎么回事 |
[45:07] | The man from Washington who gave you this file. | 那个从华盛顿调来给了你这文件的人 |
[45:10] | Where is he? | 他在哪 |
[45:15] | Who– who the hell are you? | 你他妈是谁 |
[45:17] | The United States of America. | 美利坚合众国 |
[45:22] | There– there’s no Tosa. | 根本 根本没什么土佐 |
[45:27] | Is there? | 对吧 |
[45:29] | All of it, um… | 所有这一切 |
[45:32] | Beuker. W-w– | 别克 这 |
[45:34] | what was it, a test? | 这是什么 测试吗 |
[45:37] | Where is Mr. Fisher, Frank? | 费舍先生在哪 法兰克 |
[45:38] | He brought you here from the Hill. | 他把你从镇上带来了这里 |
[45:41] | What, are you– are you from Los Alamos? | 什么 你 你是从拉斯阿拉莫斯来的 |
[45:44] | We don’t use that name. | 我们不用那个名字 |
[45:49] | What? | 什么 |
[45:58] | Well, I don’t know what kind of sick sons of bitches you are, | 我不知道你们到底是什么人 |
[46:03] | but you need to talk to Oppenheimer now. | 但你得马上告诉奥本海默 |
[46:05] | You need to tell him | 你得告诉他 |
[46:06] | to– to look at Magpie again. | 重查麦格派 |
[46:08] | – Magpie is dead, as you know. – Oh, God damn it. | -你应该知道麦格派已经死了 -该死的 |
[46:11] | It’s not Heisenberg’s math. | 这根本不是海森堡推导的公式 |
[46:13] | It’s ours. It’s– it’s mine. | 是我们的 都是我推的 |
[46:17] | If you get me out of here, I can prove that to you. | 如果你放我出去 我就能证明给你看 |
[46:20] | How? | 怎么证明 |
[46:23] | You see, my daughter’s name… | 我女儿的名字 |
[46:25] | it’s written in the equations the Nazis are using to build their bomb. | 写在纳粹用来建造原子弹的公式里 |
[46:33] | You put your daughter’s name… | 你把你女儿的名字 |
[46:35] | – in the math? – Yes. | -用在了推导的公式里 -对 |
[46:37] | Yes. | 没错 |
[46:39] | Yes, I did. That’s what I’m saying. | 我确实做了 我要说的就是这个 |
[46:42] | They got– they got a man | 他们 他们安插了人 |
[46:43] | on the inside and he’s stealing our work. | 在我们内部 一直在偷窃我们的成果 |
[46:48] | Mr. Fisher thought you were a Nazi spy. | 菲舍先生认为你就是纳粹间谍 |
[46:52] | Is that what all of this was for? | 所有这一切就是为了这个吗 |
[46:54] | But you’re not. | 但你不是 |
[46:57] | You’re simply… | 你只是 |
[46:59] | ashamed of who you are. | 对你自己感到羞愧 |
[47:02] | What you came from. | 对你的出身 |
[47:04] | That’s good. | 这很好 |
[47:06] | We all come from sin. | 我们所有人都身背罪孽 |
[47:09] | It’s up to us to rise. | 如何负罪前行取决于我们自己 |
[47:16] | So… | 那么 |
[47:18] | what, is that it? | 之后呢 就这样了 |
[47:20] | I’m just free to go home? | 能放我回家了 |
[47:22] | No. | 当然不 |
[47:24] | No. | 不会 |
[47:28] | You recognized your own math. | 你认出了自己推导的公式 |
[47:34] | It’s all… | 这全是 |
[47:38] | it’s all a game. | 这全是一场游戏 |
[47:40] | I tell you that I can prove | 我告诉你我能证明 |
[47:42] | the Nazis are using our science, | 纳粹正在用我们发现的物理规律 |
[47:45] | you– you don’t even blink. | 而你 你眼睛都没眨一下 |
[47:48] | Either one of you. | 你们两个人都没有 |
[47:53] | The Germans– Germans didn’t write any of this, did they? | 德国人 这根本就不是德国人写的 对吧 |
[47:56] | You did. It’s propaganda. | 是你们 这只是政治宣传手段 |
[47:59] | You’re using our math, | 你们用我们自己的物理推导 |
[48:01] | my math, to convince us the Nazis are winning. | 我自己的推导 来说服我们纳粹胜券在握 |
[48:06] | Was– was there even a Magpie in the first place? | 真的 真的有麦格派这个人吗 |
[48:10] | We had a man in Heisenberg’s lab. | 我们在海森堡的实验室里安插了眼线 |
[48:12] | The Nazis sent us his head. | 纳粹把他的脑袋寄给了我们 |
[48:14] | Yeah, but he– he didn’t give you that file. | 对 但不是他 不是他给了你们那文件 |
[48:17] | You got a lab full of longhairs, | 一个实验室里全是女人 |
[48:19] | half-Reds, lefty Jews… | 印第安混血 左派犹太人 |
[48:20] | how do you get them to build a wonder weapon? | 你怎么样才能让他们造出奇迹武器 |
[48:26] | You just tell them Germany’s gonna end the world tomorrow. | 只要告诉他们明天德国就会毁灭全世界 |
[48:32] | Dogs won’t fight. | 狗不咬狗 |
[48:38] | Heat up the cage. | 加热笼子就好 |
[48:44] | Adolf Hitler is after a bomb, Frank. | 阿道夫·希特勒要造原子弹 法兰克 |
[48:46] | Yeah, but how far along is he? | 对 但他进展到哪一步了 |
[48:49] | You don’t even know, do you?! | 你根本不知道 对吧 |
[48:51] | How many other people are you selling fake intelligence to? | 你还把假情报告诉其他什么人了 |
[48:54] | The Secretary of War? The President? | 战争部长 总统 |