时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | It was May… | 事发五月 |
[00:08] | It was May 4, | 五月四日 |
[00:10] | and in the bayside town of Newport Beach, | 在纽波特比奇的贝赛德镇 |
[00:12] | the annual celebration | 正在举行一年一度的 |
[00:13] | known as Cinco de Cuatro was underway. | “五月四日节”庆典 |
[00:17] | The holiday started as a particularly vicious response | 这个节日是Lucille Bluth年轻时针对 |
[00:21] | by a young Lucille Bluth to the Mexican holiday…of Cinco de Mayo. | 墨西哥裔节日”光辉五月五节”的恶意破坏 |
[00:24] | – This still isn’t made? – … | – 房间还没有整理好吗 |
[00:27] | – No, no, it’s not. – Rosa, why is this still a mess?! | – 没有 还没理好 – Rosa为什么房间还是一团糟啊 |
[00:29] | She said it’s, uh, it’s Cinco de Mayo. | 她说今天是 是”光辉五月五” |
[00:32] | She’s taking, uh, the day off. | 她今天要休息一天 |
[00:33] | – She said that? – Yeah. | -她是这样说的 -没错 |
[00:35] | – She called it Cinco de Mayo? – She did, yeah. | – 她说是”光辉五月五” -没错 是这样 |
[00:37] | Oh, why can’t they just call it May 5? | 直接叫五月五日不简单多了么 |
[00:39] | This is what I was talking about. | 我之前就一直在说这种事了 |
[00:41] | It’s all part of the Mexican war on May 5. | 五月五日是墨西哥战争庆祝日 |
[00:43] | – War on May 5, I know, yeah. It is. – It is. | – 战争庆祝日 我懂 就是 – 没错啊 |
[00:44] | But even a skeptical George Sr. | 甚至生性多疑的老George |
[00:46] | soon found himself feeling similarly embattled. | 也很快感觉四面楚歌 |
[00:49] | xxxx, Where the xxxx are my socks?! | 次奥 老子的袜子死哪儿去了 |
[00:51] | Now it’s not so funny, is it? | 现在不觉得好玩了吧 |
[00:53] | No, not funny. | 一点也不好玩 |
[00:55] | We should start our own holiday. | 咱应该搞个自己的节日 |
[00:56] | You see, the Hispanics of Newport liked Cinco a lot, | 当地的拉丁裔十分喜欢”五五节” |
[01:00] | but high up on Coast Highway, Lucille Bluth did not. | 但在海岸大道山顶上的Lucille Bluth却很厌烦 |
[01:04] | Doesn’t look like they’ll be done any time soon. | 看起来这庆典一时半会结束不了 |
[01:06] | And then Lucille had a horrible thought, | 然后Lucille有了一个万恶的主意 |
[01:09] | a thought that was thoughtless and better to not. | 庆幸的是一个脑残的馊主意 |
[01:12] | “What if,” She thought with a sneering grin… | 她阴险地一笑 “要是…” |
[01:15] | Next year what if the party didn’t even begin? | 要是明年的庆典胎死腹中 |
[01:20] | And so began a holiday on the eve | 所以在五月五日前夜 |
[01:23] | of the fifth of May… | 有了个新节日 |
[01:25] | …originally intended to deplete the party supplies | 本来是为了想要耗尽”五五节” |
[01:28] | the Cinco de Mayo celebrants were relying upon. | 需要的所有庆典物资 |
[01:31] | Fill the bay with chorizo. | 用西班牙辣香肠填满海湾吧 |
[01:32] | – Chorizo dump! – Over 30 years, | – 西班牙辣香肠大清仓 – 但是三十年过去 |
[01:34] | however, it grew | 节日反而壮大了 |
[01:35] | and was soon embraced by the Hispanic community… | 很快也被拉丁裔拥戴 |
[01:37] | You buy it, you break it! | 你买了就要打碎它 |
[01:38] | …for financial reasons… | 出于促进经济发展 |
[01:41] | and as the celebrations peaked | 整个庆典随着一个 |
[01:42] | with a boat parade called the Festival of Lights– | 叫做节日之光的帆船游行达到高潮 |
[01:46] | another phrase they wanted back– | 又一个Bluth家族想收回的标语 |
[01:48] | one man was about to hit his lowest point. | 某人就要跌入人生低谷了 |
[01:58] | Happy Cuatro, happy Cuatro! | 节日快乐 节日快乐 |
[02:00] | Let’s throw some more taco shells. | 我们再扔点玉米卷下去吧 |
[02:02] | Ole! | 加油 |
[02:03] | Sally, can I…? | Sally 我能 |
[02:04] | I need to speak to Lucille 2, please. | 我需要和Lucille二号谈谈 拜托了 |
[02:06] | It’s okay, Sally, I’ll talk to Michael. | 没事的 Sally 我和Michael谈吧 |
[02:10] | This is Lucille 2, | 这位是Lucille二号 |
[02:12] | a longtime patron of the Bluth family. | Bluth家族的长期赞助人 |
[02:14] | I’ll be downstairs kicking myself | 我要去楼下反省下 |
[02:16] | for not marrying you so many years ago. | 当初咋就没嫁给你呢 |
[02:19] | Michael, do you have something for me? | Michael你有礼物带给我吗 |
[02:21] | Does bad news count? | 坏消息可以么 |
[02:22] | There’s that Bluth wit. | 这才是Bluth家族的幽默 |
[02:24] | Oh, I love your family. | 我爱死你们家的人了 |
[02:26] | She certainly had demonstrated that | 她也证实了这一点 |
[02:28] | with many of the men in the family… | 跟家族里这么多男人鬼混 |
[02:29] | Oh, stop it, you’re making me dizzy. | 别再逗我了 你要我把弄晕了 |
[02:32] | …even having fallen for a few, | 甚至和其中几个来真感情 |
[02:34] | although some of that was the vertigo she suffered from. | 尽管她的头晕毛病是一部分原因 |
[02:38] | But not all of it. | 但不是全部 |
[02:39] | – Dad? – No, no. | – 老爸 – 不 不 |
[02:42] | But seriously, she had gotten intimate with Buster and Gob. | 但是说真的 她与Buster和Gob相当亲密 |
[02:45] | I need that money I lent you. | 我需要借给你的那笔钱 |
[02:46] | I am in the middle of a campaign | 我正在参加竞选 |
[02:48] | and I am desperate for the ad money. | 现在急需广告宣传的费用 |
[02:50] | You’re going to get it. | 你会拿到的 |
[02:51] | I just need an extension. | 只是要延期 |
[02:52] | Why don’t you go to your family? | 为什么不找你家人要呢 |
[02:54] | I don’t need them. | 我不需要他们 |
[02:56] | What I need is you. | 我需要的是你 |
[02:58] | What are you suggesting? | 你这话是什么意思 |
[03:10] | No. | 不 |
[03:11] | Okay, that was nasty. | 好吧 这伤得不轻 |
[03:14] | Aren’t you sweet? | 你人真好 |
[03:15] | – Thank you. – Okay. | – 谢谢你 – 没事 |
[03:19] | Don’t tilt your head, okay? | 你头别晃 好么 |
[03:21] | And that’s when Michael debased himself. | Michael就是这时候开始作践自己的 |
[03:23] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[03:24] | I’m gonna have sex with you for money. | 我要为了钱卖身给你 |
[03:31] | Later that night, | 稍晚一些 |
[03:33] | after Michael did something unthinkable, | Michael干了些无法理喻的事情后 |
[03:36] | he was looking for a place to hide | 他想找个地方躲起来 |
[03:39] | and he returned to a long neglected model home | 他回到了长时间被遗弃的样板房 |
[03:42] | he believed to be empty. | 觉得这里应该没人 |
[03:47] | Thanks for coming so late, Maria, | 谢谢你这么晚来 Maria |
[03:48] | I know that you won’t be cleaning up tomorrow, | 我知道你明天不会清理的 |
[03:50] | and we did make quite a mess of that bedroom. | 我们的确把卧室弄得一团糟啊 |
[03:52] | Michael Michael. | |
[03:53] | This is Michael’s brother Gob. | 这位是Michael的哥哥 Gob |
[03:56] | Neither had expected to see each other | 他俩都没有想到在最近 |
[03:58] | after some recent unpleasantness. | 不欢而散之后还会见到对方 |
[04:00] | I didn’t expect to be seeing you again | 我没想到在那些不愉快之后 |
[04:01] | after all the unpleasantness. | 还能再见到你啊 |
[04:03] | I-I’ve, I’ve, I’ve been out of control. | 是 是我完全失控了 |
[04:06] | Sorry. | 抱歉啊 |
[04:06] | In fact, I-I just did something that I-I don’t, | 实际上 我只是做了一些我不 |
[04:08] | I don’t, I don’t know why I did it. | 我不 不知道为什么会做的事 |
[04:10] | Do you want to talk about it? | 你想要谈谈吗 |
[04:11] | No, I do not, I’ve said too much already. | 不想谈了 我已经说得够多了 |
[04:14] | You cannot help me. | 你帮不了我的 |
[04:15] | Well, I wasn’t hoping to help. | 那好 我也没想帮忙 |
[04:16] | I was hoping to rub it in | 我是想戳你的痛处 |
[04:18] | because of all the unpleasantness. | 因为之前所有的不愉快 |
[04:19] | – Got it. – Oh, damn it, I meant to throw these in the chipper. | – 我懂 – 该死的 我本想把这些扔进碎物机的 |
[04:22] | God, I’m just not into Cuatro this year. | 天啊 我今年就是无法享受”五四节” |
[04:24] | I was the one that was wrong, not you, | 是我错了 不是你的错 |
[04:26] | and besides, you could not make me feel worse right now. | 除此之外 你现在没法让我感觉更糟 |
[04:29] | Well, I’d be willing | 那我愿意 |
[04:30] | to let you have your apology back | 让你收回道歉 |
[04:31] | if you give me the chance to try. | 只要你给我尝试的机会 |
[04:32] | I mean, I’m gonna need some specifics | 我是说 我恐怕得要点 |
[04:34] | about the thing that you’re ashamed of. | 你感到耻辱的事的细节 |
[04:35] | Otherwise I’ll just be taking general potshots. | 不然我只能随便乱猜了 |
[04:41] | Bad example: if you were ashamed of being in love with a man, | 说个不好的例子 如果你因为爱上男人觉得羞耻 |
[04:43] | suddenly discovered these new feelings, | 突然发现了这些新的感情 |
[04:46] | then I might say something like, “Homo much?” | 那我可能就会说 “基够了吗” |
[04:48] | – It’s not that. – I said “Bad example.” | – 不是这个 – 我不是说了是不好的例子嘛 |
[04:50] | I went to go see Lucille 2 | 我去见了Lucille二号 |
[04:52] | and I just, I just– I lost control. | 而我 我失去控制了 |
[04:54] | I did something that I wish I could forget. | 我做了些我希望可以忘掉的事 |
[04:57] | You have got no idea how I feel. | 你完全不了解我的感受 |
[04:58] | Well, if you’re talking about doing something embarrassing | 好吧 如果你是说和一个女人做了些 |
[05:00] | with a woman, then no, I don’t. | 尴尬的事 那我的确不了解 |
[05:01] | But he should have. | 他本来非常了解 |
[05:03] | It’s almost as if he found a way | 但好像他找到了个 |
[05:05] | to simulate amnesia. | 失忆的好办法 |
[05:08] | Hey, I’m down to my last Forget-Me-Now. | 这是我最后一颗”快忘我”了 |
[05:11] | In fact, that is what he had done. | 实际上 那就是他失忆法 |
[05:13] | Hey, remember me? | 嘿 还记得我吗 |
[05:15] | Gob had always taken a pill | Gob一直吃着一种 |
[05:17] | he called a Forget-Me-Now for that… | 他自称是”快忘我”的药片 |
[05:19] | – No mas. – No mas? | – 没有了 – 没有了 |
[05:21] | …but was commonly known as a roofie. | 但是大家都叫迷奸药 |
[05:23] | There’s only one left. | 只有最后一颗了 |
[05:24] | How could that possibly be? | 这怎么可能呢 |
[05:25] | Unless… John Beard Jr. | 除非 小John Beard |
[05:28] | I don’t need to get into it. | 我不需要知道这事 |
[05:28] | I came here because I thought the house was empty, | 我来这里是因为我以为这房子是空着的 |
[05:30] | but I can go somewhere else, okay? | 但是我会去其他地方 好吗 |
[05:31] | – Hey, listen, Michael, if you want, we can split this. – No, | – 嘿 听着 Michael 如果你想要 我们可以平分 – 不要 |
[05:34] | I feel like this is something that I shouldn’t forget, | 我觉得这是我不应该忘记的事 |
[05:36] | okay, and believe me, this is the last time | 好吧 相信我 这是我最后一次 |
[05:38] | I ever judge you for anything | 对你所做之事 |
[05:40] | that you ever do. | 评头论足 |
[05:41] | Oh, xxxx. | 噢 [哔] |
[05:44] | Is that who you were with? | 那就是和你在一起的人么 |
[05:45] | I knew it, I always knew it. | 我就知道 我就说嘛 |
[05:47] | – Take this, Michael, forget, forget. – No, no, no, no, no. | – 快吃了 Michael 快忘了 忘了 – 不要 不吃 就不吃 |
[05:48] | Put the mask back on. Forget this, Michael. | 快把面具戴起来 忘了你看到的 Michael |
[05:50] | – Forget, forget, Michael. – Gob. | – 忘了吧 忘了 Michael – Gob |
[05:52] | Forget, now is the time to forget. | 快忘了 现在是时候忘了 |
[05:55] | Now you’re forgetting. | 你现在正在忘记 |
[05:56] | – Now you’re forgetting. – God. | – 你正在忘记 – 天啊 |
[05:58] | It’s so easy to forget… | 很容易去忘记 |
[06:01] | It’s so easy to forget. | 很容易去忘记 |
[06:04] | Stupid, forgetful Michael. | 健忘的笨蛋Michael |
[06:07] | Now, the story of a family whose future was abruptly canceled | 故事是关于一个突然失去未来的家庭 |
[06:11] | and the one son who had no choice but to keep himself together. | 其中一个儿子别无选择 不得不理清自己的生活 |
[06:19] | It’s Michael’s… | 这就是Michael的 |
[06:20] | Arrested Development. | <发展受阻> |
[06:24] | Six months before the Forget-Me-Now, | 在吃”快忘我”六个月前 |
[06:27] | Michael had made good on a long-standing threat | Michael真的如长久以来威胁家人的那样 |
[06:30] | to go to Phoenix, | 去了凤凰城 |
[06:31] | and even though the Phoenix he went to was online, | 即使他去的凤凰城 只是在网络上 |
[06:35] | he still enjoyed the full college experience | 他还是享受了全套的大学生活 |
[06:38] | by living in a dorm room while doing so. | 因为上凤凰城大学网时他正住在宿舍里 |
[06:41] | George Michael, what is my log-on password again? | George Michael 再说下我的登录密码是啥 |
[06:43] | Unfortunately it was his son’s dorm room | 但很不幸的是 这是他儿子 |
[06:46] | at the University of California at Irvine. | 在加州大学欧文分校的寝室 |
[06:48] | Dad, come on, what have we said is the most important thing? | 老爹 拜托 我们谈论过最重要的事是什么 |
[06:52] | I have tried “Family.” | 我试过”家人”了 |
[06:53] | – It does not work for me. – No, privacy. | – 但是此路不通啊 – 不 是隐私 |
[06:56] | This is Michael’s son | 这位是Michael的儿子 |
[06:57] | George Michael– a nice kid. | George Michael 一个乖小孩 |
[07:00] | Uh, no one should have your password but you. | 除你之外 没人应该知道你的密码 |
[07:02] | I shouldn’t even know it. | 我就不该知道的 |
[07:04] | – You’ve made that point. – Have I? | – 你已经明确这一点了 – 是吗 |
[07:07] | My point is, we have no secrets from each other. | 我指的是 我们之间就没有秘密 |
[07:08] | We know everything there is to know about each other. | 我们知道彼此的任何一件事 |
[07:11] | We’re like twins. | 我们就像双胞胎 |
[07:12] | I don’t see us as twins. | 我不觉得我们是双胞胎 |
[07:13] | Yeah? You name me one way in which we’re different. | 是吗 说出一个我们之间的不同点 |
[07:16] | I think you tend to be better | 我认为你是觉得 |
[07:18] | at feeling like you belong places. | 有归属感更好 |
[07:22] | Do I? | 有吗 |
[07:26] | I want you to start feeling like you belong places. | 我想要你开始感受到你自己的归属感 |
[07:29] | Look at that guy. | 瞧这家伙 |
[07:30] | He thinks he’s a musician. | 他自认为是个音乐家 |
[07:32] | You know, like, you’ve got to start having | 你知道 就像是 对于自己 |
[07:34] | a little bit better sense of humor about yourself. | 你应该有更多的幽默感 |
[07:36] | Look at me. | 看看我 |
[07:37] | People say I don’t age. | 大伙说我不会变老 |
[07:39] | You know, like, “Hey, look at that guy. | 你懂的 像是”嘿 瞧那家伙 |
[07:40] | He’s got the hair of a teenager.” | 他的发质胜似少年头” |
[07:42] | And I say, “Take your best shot” | 而我会说 “别让机会溜走了” |
[07:44] | because I think that that’s a good thing | 因为我觉得那是件好事 |
[07:46] | because I’m self-effacing. | 因为我谦卑 |
[07:48] | Hmm? | 啊 |
[07:49] | I want you to be able to do that. | 我想要你能够做到这点 |
[07:50] | Well, it’s hard to be self-effacing | 要谦卑真的很难 |
[07:52] | when you’re a perfect specimen of rugged manlessness. | 特别当你是个缺乏男子气概的完美模范时 |
[07:59] | Well, you can’t hear this, but, | 好吧 你是听不进去了 但是 |
[08:00] | but we’re gonna work on it. | 我们会解决好的 |
[08:01] | That’s why I’m living in your dorm. | 因此我才住在你的寝室里 |
[08:03] | Well, I thought you were living here | 我以为你住在这里 |
[08:04] | because you had nowhere else to go. | 是因为你无处可去了 |
[08:07] | Yeah, and because of the fact you had this big double room | 没错 还因为你能独占双人间 |
[08:09] | all to yourself because of your name. | 都是拜你的名字所赐 |
[08:11] | The name George Michael | George Michael这名字 |
[08:12] | did create confusion in the campus housing office. | 的确给校舍办公室带来了疑惑 |
[08:15] | This guy’s name is actually George Michael. | 这孩子名字真叫George Michael |
[08:17] | No, it’s two different guys. | 不是 这是两个人吧 |
[08:18] | They’re twins, ugly. | 这是对双胞胎 丑鬼 |
[08:20] | We should sign them up for Twin Club. | 我们应该给他们登记参加双胞胎协会 |
[08:22] | And let’s give them the big handicap room. | 把那间大破屋给他们吧 |
[08:25] | Yeah, you see, that’s the other thing, is that | 是啊 你瞧 那是另外一件事 |
[08:26] | I kind of wanted to use this time to almost kind of, | 我有点想要利用这次机会 |
[08:29] | you know, wean off of the name George Michael. | 摆脱George Michael这名字 |
[08:33] | What? | 什么 |
[08:35] | I don’t know, you know, you get older, you do | 我也不知道 一个人长大点 就会 |
[08:37] | a something search of your own name… | 给自己的名字做做调查 |
[08:39] | In George Michael’s case, you find this. | 就George Michael这名字而言 你发现这个 |
[08:41] | It was in this men’s room in– get this– Beverly Hills | 这事发生在 听好了 比弗利山庄的男厕所 |
[08:45] | that singer George Michael was arrested | 歌手George Michael被逮捕 |
[08:47] | for soliciting sex from an undercover cop. | 罪名是找卧底警察拉皮条 |
[08:50] | Well, it was your mother’s idea to call you George Michael, | 取名George Michael是你妈妈的主意 |
[08:53] | you know, and I think it was just | 我觉得只有这样 |
[08:55] | so that we didn’t confuse you | 我们才不会把你 |
[08:56] | with your Uncle George or your Grandfather George. | 和叔叔George或者爷爷George弄混了 |
[08:58] | – Right. – I got it, let’s call you Boy George. | – 好吧 – 我懂了 那我们叫你男孩George吧 |
[09:01] | Singer Boy George | 歌手乔治男孩 |
[09:02] | in the news again today, | 今日再上新闻 |
[09:03] | this time for sexual assault in a men’s public bathroom. | 这次是因为在男厕性侵 |
[09:06] | Beatrix Hebberly-Sneed, Wee BBC 2. | 小不列颠BBC二台记者 Beatrix Hebberly-Sneed发回的报道 |
[09:08] | You know, I think | 你知道吗 我觉得 |
[09:09] | I’ll, I’ll just– I’ll stick with George Michael. | 我还是 还是就叫George Michael算了 |
[09:11] | I mean, at least it was consensual. | 我想至少大家都习惯了 |
[09:13] | But I guess the, uh, the bigger point I’m making | 但是 我想要说的是 |
[09:16] | is just that, uh, it’s hard to have | 我很难保护自己的隐私 |
[09:17] | any privacy now that they’ve stuck me | 因为他们这次真的 |
[09:19] | – with an actual roommate. – Well, you know, listen, | – 给我找了个室友 – 你也知道 听我说 |
[09:21] | I’m all for kicking P-Hound out, you know that. | 我可以帮你撵走P-Hound 你知道的 |
[09:24] | Well, you know, I didn’t really mean privacy from him. | 我不是指要对他保护自己的隐私 |
[09:26] | I know, I know, I know. | 我懂 我懂 我懂 |
[09:31] | You want your space from me? | 你想要我给你点空间 |
[09:33] | Um, look, | 听我说 |
[09:34] | listen, hey, hey, look, look, listen. | 听着 嘿 好好听我讲完 瞧着 |
[09:38] | Listen, look it. | 听着 瞧好了 |
[09:40] | Are you listening? You want your space. | 你在听吗 你想要自己的空间 |
[09:43] | I get it. | 我理解 |
[09:45] | I did not mean to crowd you, pal. | 我不是想霸占你空间 伙计 |
[09:47] | Listen, I thought that this was, that this was fun, and, | 听我说 我觉得这都 这都很有趣 而且 |
[09:51] | – and it is okay if you didn’t see it that way. – Oh, Dad. | – 你不这么看也没关系 – 噢 老爹 |
[09:53] | Buddy, it’s not like I don’t have someplace to go. | 伙计 我又不是没地方可去了 |
[09:56] | You know, I’ll just go right back to the model home. | 我去样板房住便是 |
[09:57] | They don’t have Internet there, | 那儿不能上网 |
[09:58] | so I’ll just put the law school on, on, on pause. | 那么我就把法学院的事情暂缓一缓 |
[10:01] | It’s not like the first time that I’ve done that. | 这又不是我第一次做这种事情了 |
[10:02] | You know, last time I did that, you were born. You know what? | 上一次我这样做是在你出生的时候 你知道吗 |
[10:05] | Screw it, maybe I’ll just go to the real Phoenix | 管他呢 也许我还真的会去凤凰城 |
[10:07] | and finish school. | 完成学业 |
[10:08] | They got one in Costa Mesa. | 在科斯塔梅萨就有一所 |
[10:09] | Plus they want me for an article. | 除此之外有人还想写篇关于我的访谈 |
[10:11] | Media wants to talk to Daddy about the real estate business, | 媒体想和你老爸谈谈房地产生意 |
[10:13] | and once they do that, | 一旦他们这么做了 |
[10:14] | I’m gonna be right back on top. | 我就会重振雄风 |
[10:15] | You know what? This is your school rally shirt. | 你猜怎么着 这是你的校衫 |
[10:17] | You know, same size–medium. | 我们衣服型号相同 中号 |
[10:18] | Do you know where mine is? We wear the same size like twi… | 你知道我的在哪里吗 我们穿同一型号的衣服就像是双胞 |
[10:21] | We’re just like twin– couple of identical… | 我们就像双胞胎 完全一样的双胞胎 |
[10:23] | Dad, Dad, no, I… | 老爸 老爸 不 我 |
[10:25] | Look, I was not talking about privacy from you per se. | 听着 我并不是想要对你保护我的隐私 |
[10:29] | I was talking about my software. | 我是在说我的”软件” |
[10:33] | What’s that? | 什么 |
[10:34] | It’s privacy software. | 那是个人隐私软件 |
[10:37] | That’s why the word came up. | 所以才会说这个词语啊 |
[10:39] | It’s not why the word came up. | 才不是这样呢 |
[10:41] | But George Michael was writing code | 但是George Michael的确是在给 |
[10:43] | for a block software | 和他的室友一起 |
[10:44] | with his roommate that was proving challenging. | 写防火墙软件代码 这才是个挑战啊 |
[10:46] | …you’re leaving a hole | 你在防火墙中间 |
[10:48] | just right in the middle of the block. | 留下了一个漏洞 |
[10:49] | Both because of online threats to his privacy… | 都是因为网络威胁到了他的隐私 |
[10:52] | Otherwise, people will be able to hack in through | 否则 人们就能够通过 |
[10:54] | a mobile platform portal, and it won’t be a block anything 3G. | 移动入口黑进去 任何3G网络的设备都没有防护 |
[10:56] | …and some in-room threats to his privacy, as well. | 当然也还有一些室内的威胁 |
[10:59] | Buddy, is that schoolwork? | 伙计 那是作业吗 |
[11:00] | No, we’re just right in the middle of this software. | 不是 我们正在讨论这软件 |
[11:02] | Great, good. Give me the lappy. | 很好 把笔记本电脑给我 |
[11:03] | I’ll hit save for you. I got to Skype with my advisor | 我会帮你保存的 我得和凤凰城的顾问 |
[11:05] | in Phoenix, and if I don’t get on right now, | 视频通话了 如果我不立刻上线 |
[11:07] | he’s gonna have to Skype me from a T.G.I. Friday’s. | 他就得在餐馆吃饭时聊了 |
[11:11] | – Oh. – Yeah. | – 噢 – 是啊 |
[11:13] | Whew. | 松口气啊 |
[11:15] | ‘Cause that hurt for a second. | 因为这还是心痛了一小会儿 |
[11:16] | I was like, he wants me to go. | 我还以为是 他想撵我走 |
[11:18] | – No, no, no, no, no. – But no. Yeah? No. | – 不 不 不 不 – 但是不是 是吗 不是 |
[11:20] | – Software. – No. | – 是软件 – 不是 |
[11:21] | I mean, yeah, I may need | 我意思是 我也许需要 |
[11:22] | some privacy, you know, to work on it, | 一些隐私 才能好好完成这软件 |
[11:25] | and that might mean… you going. | 那也许就意味着 你走 |
[11:32] | Oh, you mean here. | 噢 你是指这里啊 |
[11:34] | Yeah, clearing out. | 是啊 腾空寝室 |
[11:35] | An hour, here, there. Yes? | 一个小时 这里 那里的 是吧 |
[11:37] | Got it. Not a problem. You give me a little | 懂了 没问题 你给了我一个 |
[11:39] | fair warning, I clear right out of here. | 友好的小警告 我马上搬走 |
[11:40] | Let’s schedule it now. We can do it. | 我们赶快安排一下 我们能行的 |
[11:42] | I need help with the calendar though. | 但是这日程表我需要你帮我一下 |
[11:43] | It’s, like, stuck on 2003. | 好像是 卡在了2003年 |
[11:46] | – Help me just break into… – You just hit “Today.” | – 帮我弄一下 – 你只要点”今天” |
[11:48] | – The “Today” Button. – Sorry. It’s stuck in 2003, | – “今天”按键 – 抱歉 就是卡在2003年了 |
[11:50] | so I don’t have “Today.” | 所以我没有”今天” |
[11:51] | I need to jump forward… | 我需要向前跳转到 |
[11:52] | – that says “Today.” – Yeah, this has no button. | – 写了”今天” – 是啊 这没有按钮啊 |
[11:55] | Anyway, you know, I’m just gonna run downstairs | 不管怎样 我要到下楼去了 |
[11:57] | and, uh, grab a bite. | 吃点东西 |
[11:58] | Wait, I want to go. | 等一下 我想去 |
[12:01] | Let me go. I’ll go. I’m hungry. | 让我去 我要去 我也饿了 |
[12:02] | Come on. | 一起去 |
[12:06] | Michael Bluth was fitting right in | Michael Bluth完全适应了 |
[12:08] | with his son’s college experience. | 与他儿子的大学生活 |
[12:10] | Be good for you, huh? | 很对你口味 是吧 |
[12:12] | Gettable, right? | 触手可得 对吧 |
[12:13] | Hey, tell me about the software thing. | 嘿 跟我说说那软件 |
[12:15] | This is the Faceblock thing you were working on? | 你在弄的这个是”脸墙”的吗 |
[12:17] | Is it like Facebook? | 就像是脸书 |
[12:18] | Uh, well, no. | 额 好吧 不是 |
[12:19] | It’s kind of the opposite of Facebook, you know. | 是和脸书完全相反的东西 |
[12:21] | Facebook connects you with everyone, | 脸书将你和其他人联系起来 |
[12:23] | this blocks you from everyone. | 这个软件把你和其他人隔绝 |
[12:25] | Oh, okay. Kind of like the antisocial network, right? | 噢 好吧 有点像是反社交网络了 对吧 |
[12:28] | – That’s very good. – You can use it. | – 这话说得好 – 你可以借用 |
[12:29] | I don’t understand the Internet stuff. | 我不太理解网络这东西 |
[12:31] | You give me all the parts and you tell me to build | 你给我所有零件 让我去组装 |
[12:33] | a television set, I can bang that out, but I, you know, | 一台电视机 我可以快速搞定 但是我 |
[12:35] | I can’t get the right day to display on my calendar. | 我连手机上日程表日期弄不好 |
[12:38] | – Just press “Today.” – Yeah, just tried that. | – 按”今天”就行了 – 才试过了 |
[12:40] | Doesn’t work on mine, pal. | 伙计 就是不行啊 |
[12:42] | This is very, very, very exciting, you know, | 这真的是相当 相当令人兴奋啊 |
[12:44] | because once they come out with that article on me | 因为 一旦他们出版了我的那篇报道 |
[12:47] | in that in-flight magazine, | 放在航班杂志上 |
[12:48] | now, the family’s gonna be right back on top. | 到时候 家族就会重回巅峰了 |
[12:51] | – The guy’s doing a whole spread on me. – In-flight magazine? | – 人家把我写了整个版面 – 航班杂志 |
[12:53] | Oh, yeah. Yeah, yeah. It’s called Altitude. | 是啊 没错 杂志叫<高度> |
[12:55] | It’s for OutWest Airlines. | 是为外西航空准备的 |
[12:56] | Next to SkyMall, it’s, like, | 就在购物台旁边 |
[12:57] | the number two most read in all of coach. | 好像还是经济舱阅读量前两名 |
[12:59] | Well, three with the safety card, | 保守估计也得第三名 |
[13:00] | but get a lot of attention for Sudden Valley. | 至少给我们的急急山谷地产带来很多关注 |
[13:03] | And then with your Internet company, it’s gonna be like– | 再加上你的互联网公司 一切将会是 |
[13:05] | we’re gonna have two businesses, you know? | 我们将有两个公司了 懂不 |
[13:07] | And yours sounds like such a natural. | 而你的公司感觉会很顺水 |
[13:08] | I mean, no one likes to share their identity. | 没人愿意公布自己的个人信息 |
[13:11] | – Right? – Well… | – 是吧 – 那 |
[13:12] | Okay, give me your meal plan card. | 好吧 把你的饭卡给我 |
[13:13] | I’m gonna run in there, | 我跑进去 |
[13:14] | I’m gonna grab a tray, you run around back, | 抓上一个托盘 你跑到后面 |
[13:15] | make sure you get there in time, | 确保我的手印干掉之前 |
[13:17] | before my hand stamp dries. | 你及时赶到啊 |
[13:18] | Okay? | 行吗 |
[13:19] | Here we go. | 速度开始 |
[13:21] | Michael had a right to be excited. | Michael有理由激动 |
[13:23] | It had been many years since the Bluth family | 因为Bluth家族已经有很多年 |
[13:25] | had had any business success. | 没有成功的商业战绩了 |
[13:27] | Not since Michael’s mother Lucille had sold off a quarter | 反正自从在那经济大萧条时期之前 |
[13:31] | of the company just before the onset of the great dark period. | 在老妈Lucille卖出公司25%的股份之后就没有成功过了 |
[13:36] | But after examining the company’s prospects… | 但是在评估了公司前景之后 |
[13:38] | Are those police boats? | 那是警船吗 |
[13:40] | Lucille 2. | Lucille二号 |
[13:41] | …Stan Sitwell quickly divested himself. | Stan Sitwell很快就套现了 |
[13:43] | How’d you like to be bumped up to Lucille 1? | 你想成为Lucille一号么 |
[13:45] | So the Bluth family had a new stakeholder, | 所以Bluth家族有了新的股东 |
[13:48] | while the old one, who knew she’d be implicated | 而老股东 很清楚她和这个家族的违法行为 |
[13:51] | in some of the family’s misdeeds… | 有着密切的联系 |
[13:53] | You boys know how to shovel coal? | 你们知道怎么铲煤吗 |
[13:55] | …headed out on whatever the opposite of a maiden voyage is. | 让轮船开往首航的相反方向跑路了 |
[13:59] | Michael, however, made a pledge | 然而Michael发誓 |
[14:01] | not to get pulled into the drama | 再也不去摊这趟浑水 |
[14:04] | and to let the family keep themselves all together, | 让这个家族自生自灭 |
[14:07] | – for a while. – …for a while. | – 一会儿而已 – 只是一会儿 |
[14:08] | And he set off to sea, even as | 他开船远洋 即使 |
[14:11] | his mother mysteriously turned back. | 他的老妈却离奇掉头回去了 |
[14:13] | Why the alleged ship-jacker changed direction | 为什么这帮劫船犯掉头了 |
[14:16] | is still unexplained. | 仍然无法解释 |
[14:17] | But what is known is that many of the charges | 但能了解到的是 许多 |
[14:20] | against this seaward matriarch will fall under | 对这位海上贵妇的败诉缘由 |
[14:22] | the dominion of the little understood maritime law. | 全因对<海商法>的知之甚少 |
[14:26] | And soon, the hearing drew near… | 很快 听证会就要到了 |
[14:28] | Well, I missed the hearing. | 好吧 我错过了听证会 |
[14:30] | …and then passed. | 然后结束了 |
[14:31] | Oh, it just snuck up on me, and then they called, | 噢 来得太突然 他们打电话来了 |
[14:33] | and they wanted me there at eight bells. | 他们要我在”八铃”的时候到 |
[14:35] | You know, I thought that was their 5:00 p.M. | 我还以为是下午5点 |
[14:38] | By the time I got back, the courtroom was | 我回去的时候 会议室已经 |
[14:40] | reverted back to the crab restaurant. | 恢复成螃蟹餐厅了 |
[14:42] | “Eight bells” Refers to a watch length. | “八铃”指的是时间的长度 |
[14:43] | It’s maritime law. | 这是<海商法>里的 |
[14:45] | Yes, Michael returned after all. | 没错 Michael最终还是回来了 |
[14:47] | You know, one bell is struck after 30 minutes, two bells… | 你知道 一声铃响是在三十分钟后 两声是 |
[14:49] | It seems Michael had been interested | 看来Michael似乎自从在 |
[14:51] | in maritime law since playing a lawyer | 学校原创剧目<虎克船长的审判> |
[14:53] | in an original school play | 扮演一个律师之后 |
[14:55] | titled The Trial of Captain Hook. | 就对<海商法>产生了浓厚兴趣 |
[14:57] | You’re a crook, Captain Hook | 你是个海盗 你是虎克船长 |
[14:59] | Prior to this, his only dream had been | 在此之上 他唯一的梦想是 |
[15:01] | to possess the power of flight. | 拥有飞行的能力 |
[15:04] | But that one turned out to be | 但是那个最终没有 |
[15:05] | not as much fun as he thought. | 他想象中那么有趣 |
[15:07] | Watch out for the seal! | 注意帆布啊 |
[15:09] | Loose seal! Loose seal! | 松开帆布 松开帆布 |
[15:12] | I’m watching! | 我在看呢 |
[15:16] | You’re out of the play! | 你被剧组开除了 |
[15:17] | That’s why, at sea, a watch with no incidents is described as | 这也就是为什么 在海上 一个没有故障的表被形容为 |
[15:19] | “Eight bells and all is well.” | “八铃一响 一切安好” |
[15:21] | Wow, maybe you should be the maritime lawyer. | 喔 也许你应该当个海事律师 |
[15:24] | This is what I’ve been saying. | 我也是这么说的 |
[15:25] | Because I did go to law school | 因为我的确去上了法学院 |
[15:26] | with an emphasis on maritime law. | 主修<海商法> |
[15:28] | Oh, your one year of law school | 噢 你一年的法学院学习 |
[15:30] | is going to beat Barry’s three? | 就想打败Barry的三年吗 |
[15:32] | It’s ridiculous. | 太可笑了 |
[15:33] | We’ll hire the best. | 我们会雇最好的律师 |
[15:34] | And who’s gonna pay | 那谁又来 |
[15:35] | for the best, Mom? | 付钱呢 妈妈 |
[15:36] | We have money from selling some shares. | 我们卖股权可以弄些钱 |
[15:38] | Plus, we got that stimulus package. | 除此之外 我们还有经济刺激拨款 |
[15:40] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊 |
[15:41] | That money is spent. | 那钱已经花了 |
[15:42] | I just bought 4,000 acres of California desert. | 我刚刚买了四千英亩的 |
[15:45] | California desert. | 加州沙漠 |
[15:47] | Time-out. Hang on. | 暂停 等一下 |
[15:49] | – What’s this? – Yeah. | – 这是什么情况 – 是啊 |
[15:50] | I’m gonna be moving there for a little while. | 我要搬去那里住上一阵子 |
[15:53] | Old big bear’s not gonna be around much anymore. | 大老熊不会在这里太多时间了 |
[15:56] | – I don’t care about that. – He’s in denial. | – 我不在乎这个 – 他不肯接受事实 |
[15:58] | – We’re getting divorced! – Your mother and I | – 我们要离婚了 – 你妈妈和我 |
[15:59] | are getting a divorce. | 准备离婚了 |
[16:05] | I want to know… | 我想要知道 |
[16:12] | I want to know about the stimulus package. | 我想知道那经济刺激拨款的事 |
[16:14] | You couldn’t use any of that money to finish Sudden Valley? | 你就不能花一点钱来建完急急山谷吗 |
[16:17] | You don’t consider that finished? | 你不觉得已经完成了吗 |
[16:20] | So the family got a little stimmy. | 家族拿了点政府拨款又怎样 |
[16:22] | Don’t make a federal case out of it. | 别搞得像个联邦案件一样 |
[16:23] | That is exactly what they’re going to make out of it. | 他们就是会把这事当联邦案件处理 |
[16:25] | And when you say “Family,” You mean our family? | 当你说”家族”的时候 你是指我们家族吗 |
[16:27] | They’ve already got their hooks in it? | 他们都已经挂上钩了吗 |
[16:29] | Buster, no offense. | Buster 没有冒犯之意 |
[16:30] | None taken. | 没事 |
[16:31] | Oh, I keep losing my jewels. | 噢 我的宝石一直在掉 |
[16:32] | Michael, you never accept help from anyone. | Michael 你从来不接受其他人的帮助 |
[16:35] | That’s why we didn’t cut you in. | 所以我们才没有把你蒙在鼓里 |
[16:37] | We didn’t want to demean you. | 我们不想要贬低你 |
[16:39] | It’s like tipping an African-American. | 就像是给黑人小费一样 |
[16:41] | You wouldn’t tip an African-American, would you? | 你是不会给黑人小费的 不是吗 |
[16:44] | Of course I would. | 我当然会给 |
[16:46] | On a train? | 在火车上呢 |
[16:48] | What… | 什么 |
[16:49] | Did you know about all this? | 你都知道这些事吗 |
[16:51] | No, I’ve been tipping them. | 不知道 我一直给他们小费的 |
[16:53] | Even a waiter? | 即便是服务生 |
[16:54] | Okay, the treadmill’s up and running. | 好了 跑步机修理好了 |
[16:57] | We got the door on, and we were able | 我们把门开着的这样好给你们 |
[16:58] | to match the faux on the paint. | 弄上匹配的涂料 |
[17:05] | Thank you so much for your hard work. | 谢谢你们努力的工作 |
[17:12] | So long. | 再会 |
[17:15] | Michael, we can’t give you that money. | Michael 我们不能给你那笔钱 |
[17:18] | We got to keep you clean. | 我们得让你案底干净 |
[17:19] | You’re the key witness in your mother’s trial. | 你是你老妈庭审的关键证人 |
[17:22] | Let me get this straight. | 打开天窗说亮话 |
[17:22] | I still have to do all the work as the president of the company, | 我仍然是公司总裁并包揽一切累活 |
[17:25] | but I can’t use any of the money for the company | 公司款项我一分钱都周转不了 |
[17:28] | and you won’t let me help with your case, | 而你又不让我帮你的案子 |
[17:30] | but you’d still like for me to testify at your trial. | 但你们仍然想要我出庭作证 |
[17:32] | Is that right? | 是这样吗 |
[17:33] | I just want you to say I was a loving mother. | 我只是要你说我是个慈爱的母亲 |
[17:35] | And now perjury. | 现在还外加作伪证 |
[17:36] | Hey, it wasn’t easy to get | 嘿 让Lucille二号帮你保住 |
[17:38] | Lucille 2 to keep you on as president. | 总裁的身份 可不是件容易事 |
[17:41] | – I’ll be sure to thank her. – Don’t thank her. | – 我肯定会好好感谢她的 – 别谢她 |
[17:42] | She doesn’t have enough shares to stop us. | 她还没有足够的股权来干涉我们 |
[17:46] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[17:48] | And that’s how Michael found a way | 这就是Michael如何 |
[17:50] | to finish Sudden Valley himself. | 独自完成了Sudden Valley |
[17:52] | – Hello. – Hello. | – 你好 – 你好 |
[17:53] | He simply traded his shares of the Bluth company to Lucille 2. | 他自己公司的股份卖给Lucille二号 |
[17:57] | I hold on to Sudden Valley like a pet project… | 我把急急山谷当成我的宝贝项目 |
[17:58] | – Getting himself out, – Thank you so much. | – 自己全身而退 – 十分感谢 |
[18:00] | and giving the balance of power | 把平衡的的权力 |
[18:03] | to a woman who had no power of balance. | 交给了一个平衡感失控的女人 |
[18:06] | Oh. | 噢 |
[18:09] | And for the first time, he didn’t feel he needed to tell his family | 头一回他感到自己不需要告诉他的家人 |
[18:12] | he was done with them. | 他不想和他们有任何瓜葛 |
[18:15] | But he did anyway. | 但是他还是说了 |
[18:17] | You know what, I am done with this family. | 你猜怎么着 我跟这个家一刀两断了 |
[18:19] | I hope you’ve saved some money, | 我希望你们存了一些钱 |
[18:20] | ’cause you’re gonna need every dime now. | 因为你们现在一分钱都浪费不起 |
[18:23] | What’s this? | 怎么回事 |
[18:24] | And with his newfound wealth, | 伴随着他的新财富 |
[18:26] | Michael was not only able to send his son off | Michael不仅能够把他儿子送走 |
[18:29] | – Get out of here! – to a bright future | – 快给我走 – 送向光明的大学 |
[18:31] | in college, with the family car… | 开的还是家族车 |
[18:37] | …he was also able to finish | 他还完成了 |
[18:38] | the long-delayed housing development Sudden Valley, | 一拖再拖的急急山谷房产开发 |
[18:42] | but this time, under his own company name. | 但是这一次是在自己的公司名下 |
[18:46] | Maybe I can give you a tip. | 也许我可以给你点小费 |
[18:48] | Might want to put a road up to this place. | 也许你会想给这地方修一条路 |
[18:49] | Well, we paved the neighborhood. | 好吧 我们铺了周围的路 |
[18:51] | Just waiting for the city to build a road to it. | 只是在等市里修一条路到这里 |
[18:53] | And although his mother’s day in court was something | 尽管他和他读大学的儿子都错过了 |
[18:56] | both he and his college-bound son would miss, | 他老妈的庭审日 |
[18:59] | Michael truly felt that nothing could go wrong. | 这次Michael真心觉得不会出岔子了 |
[19:03] | And then something did. | 结果就出事了 |
[19:06] | Not that. That happens all the time. | 不是轻微地震 这是常发生的 |
[19:09] | This. | 是这个 |
[19:10] | The collapse of the California housing market | 加州房地产市场崩溃 |
[19:12] | is taking a personal toll with cutbacks here at the station. | 导致个人的收入削减 |
[19:16] | And since the main Internet and information cable | 自从社区的游泳池安装好 |
[19:18] | had been severed when the community pool was installed, | 网络和电视信号也开始供应后 |
[19:23] | Michael suddenly found himself living in a ghost town | Michael突然发现他自己住在 |
[19:26] | he himself built. | 自己建造的鬼城里 |
[19:34] | Well, that’s not a great sign. | 好吧 这不是什么好兆头 |
[19:47] | This is why you don’t confide in a competitor. | 这就是为什么你不能信任竞争者 |
[19:53] | Michael was desperate to cover | Michael难以负担 |
[19:55] | his copious building costs… | 大额的建造费用 |
[19:56] | Just till I get on my feet. | 我搞回本了就会还你 |
[19:58] | …so he returned to a woman | 所以他又去找那个可以指望 |
[19:59] | he could count on to put off his downfall. | 救他与水火的女人 |
[20:02] | I got you! | 终于亲到了 |
[20:03] | Just as he could count on her putting him off and falling down. | 就像指望她能灭他的欲火 然后自己跌倒一样 |
[20:06] | You did. Bye-bye. | 你亲到了 拜拜 |
[20:07] | Oop. | 哦哦 |
[20:09] | That’s a hot mess. | 性感得一塌糊涂啊 |
[20:10] | But weeks stretched into months, | 但是时间慢慢过去 |
[20:12] | and the situation got bleaker. | 情况更加无望了 |
[20:17] | And it was either this that made him lose hope… | 要么是这个让他绝望 |
[20:23] | Love each other. | 要有爱 |
[20:24] | Pete Pete Pete! Pete! | |
[20:26] | …or possibly it was the death of that mailman… | 要么可能是那个邮递员突然暴毙 |
[20:29] | Wait here. | 在这里等着 |
[20:30] | Hang on, Pete! | 坚持住啊 Pete |
[20:31] | …but Michael finally gave up. | 但是Michael最终放弃了 |
[20:32] | I got one bar! | 我这有一格信号 |
[20:33] | And having alienated everyone else in the family, | 在他疏远了家里的所有人后 |
[20:36] | turned to the one person he had left. | 只好去找他的救命稻草 |
[20:39] | I thought we’d have Thanksgiving here for your senior year. | 我觉得你毕业这年可以在宿舍过感恩节 |
[20:43] | I don’t have a kitchen. | 我这里没有厨房 |
[20:45] | Oh, these are my clothes. | 噢 这些是我的衣服 |
[20:49] | Pete died. | Pete过世了 |
[20:51] | God. | 天啊 |
[20:53] | And so Michael moved into his son’s college dorm room. | 所以Michael搬进了他儿子大学的寝室 |
[20:58] | You are kidding me. | 你是开玩笑吧 |
[21:00] | They’re gonna be in seat backs today? | 杂志会今天就会放到座椅后面吗 |
[21:02] | That is great news. | 真是个好消息啊 |
[21:02] | Which, in the new economy, | 对于新经济来说 |
[21:04] | wasn’t as unusual a phenomenon as you might think. | 你可能会觉得是个正常的现象 |
[21:06] | Don’t go through my stuff, Granddad. | 别乱翻我的东西 爷爷 |
[21:08] | Hey, who do you think paid for your stuff? | 嘿 你觉得你的东西是谁给你买的 |
[21:11] | Excuse me. Sorry. Do you know where George Michael is? | 打扰一下 你知道George Michael在哪儿吗 |
[21:13] | Um, he’s in the computer lab. | 额 他在计算机实验室 |
[21:15] | Great. | 好 |
[21:16] | – There’s a computer lab? – There’s a computer lab? | – 还有计算机实验室 |
[21:18] | Huh. | 哈 |
[21:19] | I’m putting up a wall. | 我要建一堵墙 |
[21:21] | We need to rework our whole system here. | 我们需要重建我们这里的整个系统 |
[21:24] | Sounds like you guys are working on your privacy software, huh? | 听起来像是你们在弄个人隐私软件 对吧 |
[21:25] | Hey. How’d you find me? | 嘿 你怎么找到我的 |
[21:27] | Uh, Trang’s grandfather. | 额 Trang的爷爷 |
[21:28] | Boy, shoot me if I’m 86, living in my grandson’s dorm, huh? | 孩子 如果我八十六还和孙子挤寝室就毙了我 |
[21:32] | Pal, good news. | 伙计 好消息 |
[21:33] | The article that they did on me in Altitude magazine | <高度>杂志那篇采访我的文章 |
[21:35] | comes out today. | 今天出版了 |
[21:37] | You’re in Attitude? | 你上了 |
[21:38] | That magazine is gay. | 那杂志太基了吧 |
[21:40] | Oh, he wasn’t being flip with the word “Gay.” | 噢 他说”基”这词没有冒犯之意 |
[21:42] | Tony Wonder | 魔力男人 的大秘密 |
[21:42] | Attitude is a British magazine for homosexuals. | |
[21:46] | Altitude. | 是<高度> |
[21:47] | It is OutWest Airlines’ in-flight magazine. | 是外西航空的航班读物 |
[21:49] | Can I see it? | 我能看吗 |
[21:50] | Probably doesn’t have it. | 很可能就没有 |
[21:51] | Try finding a flight at this time of the year. | 这个季度的航班少得可怜 |
[21:54] | You ever even been on a plane, you piece of xxxx | 你坐过飞机没 你这个[哔] |
[21:59] | So can I see it? | 我能看看么 |
[22:00] | It-it is not in the terrestrial newsstands just yet. | 现在陆上报刊亭还暂时买不到 |
[22:03] | Guess what though. You, my friend, are in the article. | 你猜怎么着 老兄 你出现在了文章中 |
[22:06] | – I’m in it? – You’re in it, you’re in it. | – 我出现在杂志上了 – 是的 你在里面 |
[22:07] | I mentioned you; I mentioned that I’m living in your dorm. | 我提到了你 我提到了我住在你的寝室 |
[22:09] | I thought that it might help with your popularity problem. | 我觉得能让你更受欢迎一些 |
[22:12] | Well, I’m gonna get going | 那我还是先走了 |
[22:13] | – while the room is empty, so… – Okay. Great. | – 趁现在房间还空着 – 嗯 很好 |
[22:16] | See you later. | 过会儿见 |
[22:18] | Boy, that’s got to drive you crazy, right? | 孩子 这要把你逼疯了是吧 |
[22:20] | The whole reason you had to come | 你不得不跑到计算机实验室 |
[22:21] | to the computer lab was for privacy. | 都是因为想要点隐私吧 |
[22:22] | It’s no wonder you can’t get a real girl up there. | 难怪你怎么都泡不到妞呢 |
[22:24] | Michael was referring to something | Michael这里指的是几天前 |
[22:27] | he’d walked in on a few days earlier. | 他闯进寝室的时的情况 |
[22:29] | There’s a girl in there. | 有一个女生在里面 |
[22:30] | There is? | 真的么 |
[22:32] | Where the hell is George Michael? | 那George Michael到哪里去了 |
[22:34] | – Excuse me. Hello. Oh. – Dad. | – 打扰一下 好啊 噢 – 老爸 |
[22:36] | – Hi. – Yeah. | – 好 – 你也好 |
[22:37] | There’s nobody in here. | 里面没有妹子啊 |
[22:38] | Buddy, bad news. | 伙计 坏消息 |
[22:40] | P-Hound is yanking our chain again. | P-Hound又想挣脱他的狗链了 |
[22:42] | – Uncle Michael. – Oh, my God. | – Michael舅舅 – 我的天啊 |
[22:43] | – Hi. – Hello there. | – 你好 – 你好啊 |
[22:45] | There is a kind of girl here. | 原来是这么个女生啊 |
[22:48] | Didn’t say it was your cousin. | 没有说是你的表妹啊 |
[22:49] | Well, he doesn’t know. | 好吧 他不知道 |
[22:51] | Now, that’s smart. | 这招聪明啊 |
[22:52] | Let him think there’s a girl in here. | 让他以为这里面真有个小妞 |
[22:54] | Actually, we’ve been talking about how crowded that room is, | 实际上 我们已经提过房间拥挤问题 |
[22:56] | and P-Hound was suggesting that maybe we, maybe we do a vote | P-Hound还建议也许我们可以搞个投票 |
[23:00] | to see who stays in the dorm room. | 决定谁能留在这寝室里住 |
[23:02] | He suggested that? Are you serious? | 他建议的 你没开玩笑 |
[23:04] | Well, the thing is that the room is only sanctioned for two. | 好吧 事情是这样的 这房间只够两个人住 |
[23:07] | Right, and we have a vote. | 没错 我们投票的话 |
[23:08] | He’s gone in two seconds. | 分分钟就要他消失了 |
[23:09] | Ah. | 啊 |
[23:11] | Two against one, right? | 二票对一票 对吧 |
[23:12] | – Well, actually… – We got to do it. | – 额 实际上 – 我们就这么定了 |
[23:14] | The thing is that it kind of puts me in an awkward position. | 这事把我推到了一个比较尴尬的位置 |
[23:17] | – Hi. – Hey. | – 嗨 – 嘿 |
[23:18] | Because since there’s only three people voting, | 因为只有三个人投票 |
[23:20] | everyone’s gonna know who voted against who. | 每个人都会知道是谁投给了谁 |
[23:23] | Well, what about if your “Girlfriend” Wants to move in. | 那要是你的”女友”想要搬进来呢 |
[23:25] | That way, she gets a vote. | 那样的话 她也有投票权了 |
[23:27] | I’m just here for tutoring. | 我只是来这儿补课的 |
[23:28] | She’s not my girlfriend, she’s my cousin. | 她才不是我女友呢 她是我的表妹 |
[23:30] | I’m not attracted to him. | 他又不喜欢我 |
[23:31] | Well, why’s that even an issue? | 这就不算是个事儿 |
[23:33] | P-Hound doesn’t know any of that stuff. Okay? | P-Hound不了解内幕 对吧 |
[23:35] | He’ll just think that her vote’s the vote that got him out. | 他只是会认为是她这票把他踢出去的 |
[23:38] | Well, wouldn’t my girlfriend want to get rid of my father? | 难道不能是我女友想把我老爸撵走吗 |
[23:41] | – I’m not your girlfriend. – Not your girlfriend. | – 我才不是你女友 – 不是你女友 |
[23:42] | No, but he doesn’t know that. | 不是 但他又不会知道 |
[23:44] | No, well, someone’s got to vote for me, that’s right. | 是不知道 没错 是得有人投我一票才行 |
[23:45] | Otherwise, it’s suspicious. | 不然的话 就太可疑了 |
[23:47] | We don’t want a palace coup, right? | 我们可不想闹成宫廷政变那样 |
[23:50] | – Well, I’ll vote you out. – Yeah, I will. | – 那好 我会投给你的 – 没错 我也会 |
[23:51] | – Happy to do it. – I wouldn’t make you do that. | – 乐意为之 – 我不会强迫你做违心之事的 |
[23:52] | You know, then I fall down a flight of stairs, | 那样我就会从楼梯上摔下来 |
[23:53] | I crack my head open, you feel bad | 脑袋开花 你会一辈子 |
[23:55] | about yourself your whole life. | 责怪自己的 |
[23:56] | And perhaps it was the chair | 也许是那把椅子 |
[23:58] | that fooled Michael into thinking | 玩弄了Michael 让他觉得 |
[23:59] | his next idea was a good one. | 他下一个点子绝妙无比 |
[24:02] | What if I vote myself out? | 要是我投给自己呢 |
[24:04] | You’d do that? | 你愿意这样做 |
[24:05] | How would that help? | 那怎么行得通 |
[24:06] | It’s simple algebra. | 简单的代数问题 |
[24:08] | You two vote against P-Hound, nobody knows who did what, | 你们俩投票给P-Hound 没人会知道是谁投的 |
[24:11] | because there’s a vote against me in there, | 因为有一票是投给我的 |
[24:13] | and it’s adios, brothiero. | 他就再见了 兄弟 |
[24:15] | It cannot fail. | 万无一失的 |
[24:16] | Michael was pleased with his plan. | Michael对他的计划十分满意 |
[24:20] | Won’t that make it a tie? | 这样不会是平手吗 |
[24:21] | Briefly. | 满意了一小会儿 |
[24:22] | Hmm? | 啊 |
[24:23] | I mean, if the two of us vote against P-Hound, | 我的意思是 如果我们俩投给了P-Hound |
[24:25] | and you and P-Hound vote against you, | 你和P-Hound投给你了 |
[24:27] | then it’s two against two, right? | 是两票对两票 对吧 |
[24:30] | Wow, you think, you think that’d he’d vote against me? | 喔 你觉得 你觉得他会投票给我 |
[24:33] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[24:34] | Um… | 额 |
[24:35] | All right, new plan. | 好吧 新计划 |
[24:37] | The details of the plan | 计划的细节 |
[24:38] | continued to develop through lunch. | 一直讨论到了午饭时间 |
[24:40] | So we got two scenarios. | 所以我们有两种情况 |
[24:41] | It’s either two votes against P-Hound, | 要么是两票投给P-Hound |
[24:44] | one vote against Maeby, one against me, | 一票投给Maeby 一票投给我 |
[24:45] | with that vote being my own; or if it’s two votes against me, | 那票还是我自己投的自己 不然就是两票投给了我 |
[24:49] | then clearly P-Hound is being nasty, | 很明显P-Hound就是在讨人厌了 |
[24:50] | that triggers a recount, and then it’s a P-Hound blitz. | 那样就会重新投票 然后对P-Hound施行闪电战 |
[24:52] | We all vote against P-Hound, he’s gone. | 我们把票都投给他 他走人 |
[24:54] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[24:55] | What if whoever loses… | 要是输的那个 |
[24:57] | Yeah? | 嗯 |
[24:58] | …refuses to go? | 就是赖着不走呢 |
[25:00] | You think P-Hound would do that? | 你认为P-Hound会耍无赖 |
[25:03] | Okay, new plan. | 好吧 新计划 |
[25:04] | And so the planning continued through | 于是计划又继续进行 |
[25:06] | what should have been organic chemistry. | 到了本该是有机化学课的时间 |
[25:08] | We all pack ahead of time, | 我们都提前准备好 |
[25:10] | really pack a bag, so it doesn’t look rigged, you know? | 真的收拾好行囊 就不会像是内定的 懂吗 |
[25:13] | And then the loser, straight out the door. | 然后输家 直接搬走 |
[25:15] | I mean, that’s-that’s the deal. | 那就这么决定了 |
[25:16] | You know, that’s the cost of having a vote, | 你要知道 这就是投票的代价 |
[25:18] | that’s the price of freedom. | 这就是自由的代价 |
[25:18] | You know, maybe it’s… | 也许 |
[25:20] | maybe it’s better if we’re all just | 也许我们互相之间 |
[25:22] | direct with each other, you know? | 坦诚一点会更好 |
[25:23] | Just-just say what’s on our minds. | 说出我们内心的想法 |
[25:25] | Yeah, I think it’s gonna come out anyway. | 没错 我觉得真相总会大白的 |
[25:27] | Um, Dad, you know, I-I’ve really loved living with you… | 老爸 我是真的十分喜欢跟你住在一起 |
[25:31] | No talking. | 不准说话 |
[25:33] | No talking once the votes come in. | 投票结果出来了就不准说话了 |
[25:35] | You’re just right out the door. That’s the missing piece. | 直接出门 就是缺了这一步 |
[25:38] | That’s it. | 就这样了 |
[25:39] | This plan is foolproof. | 这计划很简单 |
[25:41] | Oh, I’ve cherished this, too, pal. | 对了 我也十分珍惜与你的相处 伙计 |
[25:44] | Yeah. I mean, how many, how many fathers | 是啊 有多少 有多少父亲 |
[25:45] | get to go to college with their kid, huh? | 能与他们的孩子一起去大学呢 是吧 |
[25:47] | So obviously this is what happened. | 很明显 事情是这样发生的 |
[25:50] | Michael read his own vote first. | Michael先唱了自己的票 |
[25:53] | First vote to remove… | 搬出去的第一票投给了 |
[25:55] | Michael Michael. | |
[25:57] | Huh, what are you gonna do? | 哈 你们想要怎样呢 |
[26:00] | Second vote to remove… | 搬出去的第二票投给了 |
[26:05] | Michael …Michael. | |
[26:06] | Michael expected this, but didn’t expect the sting. | Michael想到了这情况 但没想到这种精神打击 |
[26:10] | Wow. | 喔 |
[26:12] | Obviously, if there’s a tie, there’s an immediate runoff. | 很明显 如果达成了平手 就会有最终投票了 |
[26:16] | Third vote to remove… | 搬出去的第三票投给了 |
[26:20] | Michael …Michael. | |
[26:29] | Did you mean to write “George Michael”? | 你本是想写”George Michael”吧 |
[26:32] | Obviously, the verdict was in. | 很明显 最终结果出来了 |
[26:34] | And it’s hard to know exactly | 很难了解到Michael打开 |
[26:36] | why Michael opened the fourth ballot. | 第四张票的真正原因 |
[26:38] | Was it out of hope or confusion? | 是已经完全没有希望了 还是困惑 |
[26:42] | Either way, it couldn’t be what he wanted to read. | 不管怎样 也不会是他想要的结果 |
[27:06] | Michael did the only thing he could think of | Michael做了唯一一件他觉得 |
[27:08] | that would save face. | 能挽尊的事 |
[27:31] | Michael had just been stunned by some bad news. | Michael刚受到了打击 |
[27:34] | And with nowhere to go, he decided | 无处可去 他决定 |
[27:36] | to pick up a copy of Altitude to lift his spirits. | 去拿一本<高度>杂志看 来缓解创伤 |
[27:39] | – Hi. Hello. – Hey. | – 嗨 你好 – 嘿 |
[27:40] | Where you heading today, sir? | 你今天是要去哪里 先生 |
[27:41] | Well, actually, I just wanted a copy | 实际上 我想要一本你们 |
[27:43] | of your in-flight magazine Altitude. | 航班读物 <高度>杂志 |
[27:46] | Ah, this is ticketing. | 啊 这里是售票处 |
[27:47] | You can get the magazine on the flight. | 在航班上你可以拿一本 |
[27:49] | I get it. But I’m actually– I’m in the magazine. | 我懂的 但是实际上我 我上了那杂志的 |
[27:52] | How many bags? | 有多少包裹 |
[27:55] | Oh, I’m not checking these. | 我不是来登机的 |
[27:56] | Ah, sorry, you actually | 啊 抱歉 你不能 |
[27:57] | can’t carry those on board. | 把这些包带上飞机 |
[27:59] | Let me start over. | 我再说一遍 |
[28:00] | Uh, I-I am the star of Altitude magazine this month– | 额 我是本月<高度>杂志的明星 |
[28:04] | or quarter, actually. | 其实是本季的 |
[28:08] | I’m not flying anywhere. | 我不是来坐飞机的 |
[28:09] | Why do you have suitcases? | 那你拿些行李箱干嘛啊 |
[28:11] | Those are irrelevant. | 这和此事无关 |
[28:12] | Not to me. | 对我来说不是 |
[28:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:15] | I was mistakenly voted out of a four-person housing situation, | 我在四人决定谁搬出的投票中错误地落选 |
[28:18] | uh, in a pack-first, no-talking-after scenario. | 我们得先打包 在投票后不能说话 |
[28:21] | Does that clear it up for you? | 现在我说得够明白了吧 |
[28:22] | What do you mean by “Mistakenly”? | 你说”错误”是什么意思 |
[28:24] | I voted against myself to spare my son the embarrassment | 我把票投给了自己 好让自己的儿子不那么尴尬 |
[28:27] | of, of having to vote his own father out of his dorm. | 因为得投票给自己的父亲 让他搬出宿舍 |
[28:30] | That’s all. | 就这样 |
[28:31] | But that leaves three other votes. | 但是还剩下三票啊 |
[28:33] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[28:34] | Can I get a copy of the magazine, please? | 能拿一本那杂志给我吗 求你们了 |
[28:35] | No, I’m sorry, they’re actually for passengers. | 不行 真的很抱歉 只能给乘客看 |
[28:38] | We don’t even give out honey nuts, so we’re not gonna | 我们连蜂蜜坚果都不发 所以我们 |
[28:39] | – give you a magazine. – Who wants honey nuts? | – 不会给你本杂志的 – 有谁要蜂蜜坚果的 |
[28:42] | I don’t want the honey nuts. | 我不想要蜂蜜坚果 |
[28:43] | I want to just jump onto the plane, | 我只是想要上飞机一会儿 |
[28:44] | – grab a magazine. – Oh, okay, | – 拿本杂志就走 – 噢 好吧 |
[28:46] | yeah, sure, we just, uh, let people walk | 行啊 没问题 我们随时都能 |
[28:47] | onto the plane all the time. | 让人随意上下飞机的 |
[28:49] | Do you want a box cutter also? | 你还想来把折刀吗 |
[28:52] | – Oh. – Nice. | – 噢 – 这下好了 |
[28:53] | These guys are jerks. | 这些人都是些混蛋 |
[28:55] | Take that, take that. | 收好了 收好了 |
[28:59] | Tell you what– give me a one- way ticket | 这样吧 给我一张单程的机票 |
[29:00] | to your cheapest destination, please. | 最便宜的那种 |
[29:03] | Oh, you lucked out. | 噢 你真倒霉 |
[29:04] | Today it’s Pittsburgh. | 今天是去匹兹堡 |
[29:08] | He’s good. | 他这人很厉害啊 |
[29:09] | What’s the second cheapest? | 那第二便宜的呢 |
[29:10] | So Michael ended up spending a little more | 所以Michael最终只得多花钱 |
[29:13] | to fly a little less, | 坐更短时间的飞机 |
[29:15] | and after some confusion at security… | 在安检处的小误会之后 |
[29:17] | But you’ve got nothing in your luggage. | 但是你的行李箱什么都没有 |
[29:19] | I wasn’t supposed to be traveling today. | 我今天本不该出行的 |
[29:20] | I told you, it was | 我告诉过你了 |
[29:21] | a voting situation, there was a miscalculation. | 是因为投票 结果出错了 |
[29:23] | Well, I mean, obviously | 好吧 很明显 |
[29:23] | P-Hound’s gonna vote against you. | P-Hound会投给你 |
[29:25] | – I’ve never seen nothing… – These three people with burkas | – 我没有发现什么 – 那三个穿着长袍的人 |
[29:27] | just walked right by you. | 刚从你面前走过了 |
[29:28] | …he found his seat. | 他找到自己的座位 |
[29:31] | Unfortunately the seat he was assigned didn’t have | 很不幸的是 他的那个座位 |
[29:34] | a seat back pocket. | 没有座椅靠背口袋 |
[29:36] | Hello, hi, does each ticket entitle | 你好 问一下 每一张票 |
[29:39] | the passenger to an in-flight magazine? | 都能要一本航班读物吗 |
[29:41] | No, it only guarantees you a seat. | 不能 票只能保证给你一个座位 |
[29:42] | Perhaps I can ask another passenger for one, | 也许我能帮你找另一个乘客要一本 |
[29:44] | or if I’d rather, you can. | 可我更宁愿你自己去要 |
[29:47] | Michael had to go back four seats | Michael不得不在其他人拿之前 |
[29:49] | before someone would. | 到四排后的座位上去拿 |
[29:56] | And Michael kicked himself for a pose | Michael很后悔向<高度> |
[29:59] | he thought would express humility to Sanjiv, | 杂志摄影师Sanjiv (印度人) |
[30:02] | the Altitude photographer. | 摆了个传达人性的姿势 |
[30:07] | And so Michael– | 就这样Michael |
[30:08] | a man who’d for years threatened to leave | 一个多年前就威胁要离开家人 |
[30:11] | his family but had always stayed for his son, | 却总是留在儿子身边的男人 |
[30:14] | a man who no longer had that excuse nor anywhere to live– | 而现在没有借口了 也无家可归了 |
[30:19] | found himself with nothing to lose | 发现自己没什么可失去的 |
[30:21] | in a town that he’d always imagined | 来到了一直幻想的 |
[30:24] | would be his destiny, | 自己的命中注定之地 |
[30:26] | and for the first time in many years, | 这么多年来第一次 |
[30:29] | Michael had hope. | Michael有了希望 |
[30:34] | on the next Arrested Development | 接下来的<发展受阻> |
[30:37] | Michael steps out of the air-conditioned airport. | Michael踏出了开着空调的机场 |
[30:39] | Hope you know a good place to live because I’m… | 希望你知道个可以住的好地方 因为我 |
[30:42] | Ooh, dear Lord. | 噢 我的天啊 |
[30:46] | ‘Cause I’m looking | 因为我期望 |
[30:47] | – to make a new start. – Don’t touch that handle. | – 期望一个新开始 – 别碰门把手 |
[30:48] | Whoa, Mother of God! | 去你妈的 |
[30:49] | Dear Lord! | 大地啊 |
[30:52] | Whoo! | 喔 |
[30:54] | And Michael returns | Michael回到了 |
[30:55] | to the only viable place he can think of to live… | 他唯一能够想到的可行之处去住 |
[30:59] | Gentlemen, start your engines. | 先生们 发动你们的引擎吧 |
[31:01] | …where he begins his new life cleaning up | 那里是在他离开旧生活 |
[31:04] | after his family’s old one. | 开启新生活的地方 |
[31:06] | Buster Buster. | |
[31:08] | No… no, Gob. | 不是 是Gob |
[31:12] | Oh! | 噢 |
[31:14] | It was Lindsay. | 其实是Lindsay |