时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | So, according to the statement you gave the police, you came home from work and she was just… | 你的笔录上说下班回家的时候 |
[00:19] | Your wife, I mean. | 你太太她就…那样躺在那里了 |
[00:21] | She was just there like that? | |
[00:25] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[00:29] | I got off at 5 : 20, drove home. | 我5:20下班开车回家, |
[00:33] | Stopped for gas. | 途中去了加油站 |
[00:37] | It was winter, you know ? So… | 那是冬天, |
[00:40] | by the time I pulled into the driveway, it was dark. | 我停车的时候天已经黑了 |
[00:45] | That was the thing. | 屋子里面却一片漆黑 |
[00:48] | I walked into the house and the house was dark. | 我们家从来都是很明亮的 |
[00:50] | I mean, our house, never dark. | |
[00:54] | She was always turning lights on. | 她总是把灯打开,我就把它们关掉 |
[00:57] | I was always shutting ’em off. | |
[01:02] | Took my eyes a minute to adjust. | 我花了几分钟才习惯昏暗的环境 |
[01:06] | Even then… | 但还是看到地上的影子 |
[01:08] | I was just, like… | |
[01:12] | I saw a shape… | |
[01:15] | on the floor. | |
[01:17] | This, like, mound. | 开始我以为是卷起来的地毯 |
[01:19] | I thought maybe she had rolled a rug up. | |
[01:24] | And I got closer and I realized it was her. | 走近后,才发现是我太太 |
[01:27] | It was my wife. | |
[01:32] | And I couldn’t figure out what she was doing there… on the floor on her side. I said something to her, | 我不知道她为什么在那里 |
[01:43] | but she didn’t say nothing back. Didn’t move. Nothing. | 跟她说话也没有回答,一动不动 |
[01:51] | Then I turned the light on, and I saw all the blood. | 等我开了灯才看到血迹 |
[01:55] | I was standing in it, actually. | 事实上我就站在血泊中 |
[01:59] | I was standing in her blood and I didn’t even know it. | |
[02:02] | I’m sorry to make you… | 抱歉,让你回忆这些事 |
[02:04] | to remind you. | |
[02:06] | I’m sorry. | |
[02:07] | It’s okay. | 没关系,谢谢你的关心 |
[02:10] | You’re nice to say that. | |
[02:16] | Your skin is so white. | 你的皮肤真白皙 |
[02:23] | If I took my blade and ran it from the… bottom of your neck to the top of your crotch, | 如果我在你的脖子上划一刀 |
[02:29] | the way the blood would slowly… | 血就会从那白皙的皮肤里渗出来 |
[02:31] | …seep out and cover your white skin… | |
[02:36] | Be quite a sight. | 那一定很好看 |
[02:41] | What’s going on ? | 什么事?你还好吧? |
[02:44] | You okay ? | |
[02:46] | Yeah. | 还好,我想只是一个梦而已 |
[02:47] | Bob, back to you. | 还好,我想只是一个梦而已 |
[02:48] | No. it was… | |
[02:50] | just a dream, I guess. | |
[02:53] | Was I in it ? | 我在里面吗? |
[02:55] | Were we naked ? | 我们有没有穿衣服? |
[02:57] | Answer the second question first. | 先回答第二个问起 |
[02:59] | You sure you’re okay ? | 你肯定你没事? |
[03:05] | I said, “I’m okay”. | 我说了,我没事 |
[03:07] | Okay. | |
[03:09] | Okay. | |
[03:58] | It was shortly after 6 yesterday evening when her parents reported three-year-old Davina missing, | (电视:昨晚六点刚过 |
[04:04] | apparently abducted while on a shopping trip with her family at the Greysmark Shopping Center. | 家长报警说他们三岁的女儿在购物中心被掳走) |
[04:08] | Will you change the channel? | 你可以换个台吗? |
[04:08] | Investigators are anxious to speak to Lloyd Isaacson, | 你可以换个台吗? |
[04:11] | a security guard on duty yesterday, | |
[04:13] | Joe ! | Joe,换个台吧,孩子们在看呢,我的手忙不过来 |
[04:13] | who apparently left his post | |
[04:14] | Change the channel. | |
[04:15] | and did not clock out. | |
[04:15] | The kids are watching. My hands are full. | |
[04:18] | Calls to the Issacson residence… | |
[04:19] | …Mr. Isaacson has any prior history as a sex offender. | Joe,聋了吗?换台 |
[04:20] | Joe, are you deaf ? | Joe,聋了吗?换台 |
[04:21] | Change the channel. | |
[04:28] | …ingredients chosen to create the perfect little girls… | |
[04:31] | Powerpuff Girls ! | |
[04:33] | …accidentally added an extra ingredient to the concoction | |
[04:36] | Chemical X… | |
[04:37] | So last night’s feature attraction | 昨晚的奇遇是…你还记得那是哪里吗? |
[04:40] | My Dinner with Mr. Ginsu? | |
[04:42] | Do you have any idea where this strange encounter took place ? | |
[04:43] | …using their ultra super powers, | |
[04:46] | Blossom, | |
[04:46] | Bubbles, | |
[04:47] | and Buttercup have… | |
[04:52] | There was a sign on the wall behind him. | 他身后的墙上有些字,是凤凰城附近的地方 |
[04:56] | It happened near here, Phoenix. | |
[04:58] | Somewhere in Phoenix. | |
[05:56] | Lights, please. | 关灯吧 |
[06:02] | This is the front door to Pablo’s house. | 这里是保罗家的前门 |
[06:06] | Here’s the detail of where Martinez shot the lock on the front door | 这是马天尼行凶留下的痕迹,他是用枪把锁打开的 |
[06:09] | to gain entry and commit the homicides. | |
[06:14] | Here’s the bedroom where Martinez found Pablo and began the interrogation | 这是睡房,马天尼在这里找到保罗 |
[06:17] | in an effort to recover the $30,000 from a drug deal that Pablo never gave him. | 然后开始审问他贩毒交易的3万美金的下落 |
[06:24] | Here’s a slug of the mattress from the first time he shot Pablo; the leg wound. | 马天尼往保罗的腿上开的第一枪留下的血渍 |
[06:27] | Whoa. Back up a second. | 等一下,被告一共开了七枪, |
[06:29] | The accused fired seven shots into Pablo. How do you know which was first or second or seventh for that matter? | 你怎么知道这就是第一枪第二枪,还是第七枪? |
[06:35] | Even the crime lab can’t tell us which shot came first. | 犯罪实验室都无法给出答案 |
[06:39] | No. You’re right. | 你说得对, |
[06:40] | It’s just… a theory, I guess. | 我说的只是个理论而已 |
[06:43] | A theory? | 理论? |
[06:45] | Guy gets shot seven times. The leg wound’s the least consequential. | 受害人中了七枪,腿伤虽痛 |
[06:49] | I guess I’m figuring he started with that ’cause he knew it would cause a lot of pain, but wouldn’t kill him. It’s a good way to find out where your money is. | 但不足以致命,这样容易问道钱的下落 |
[06:54] | And then what? | 那保罗就说出钱在哪儿 |
[06:56] | Pablo tells him where to find the cash, | |
[06:57] | and to show his appreciation, Martinez shoots him six more times through the heart? | 然后让马天尼又向他开了六枪, 最后胸口中枪而死掉? |
[07:03] | No. He shot him once in the leg. | 不,他向大腿开了这枪以后, |
[07:06] | Then he went and shot the mother who was hiding in the bathroom with her baby. | 就杀了躲在浴室里的母子俩 |
[07:10] | Really? | 真的是这样吗? |
[07:12] | He shoots the guy once in the leg | 根据你的理论,他先朝别人大腿开了枪 |
[07:14] | then decides to look around and see if there’s anyone else in the house? | 然后在屋子里转悠看有没有别的人在? |
[07:17] | That’s your theory? | |
[07:19] | No. | 不, |
[07:20] | My theory is… | 根据我得理论 |
[07:22] | Martinez shoots Pablo once in the leg. | 马天尼向保罗腿上开了一枪 |
[07:25] | The sound of the gunshot | 枪声把婴儿吓哭了 |
[07:26] | startles the baby and makes it cry. | |
[07:33] | Until that happens, | 这个时候 |
[07:34] | it doesn’t even occur to Martinez that somebody else might be in the house. | 马天尼才觉察到屋子里面可能还有别人 |
[07:48] | Meanwhile, the mother is trying so hard to silence her baby, | 与此同时,为了止住孩子的哭声, |
[07:52] | she inadvertently smothers it. | 那位母亲无意间闷死了自己的孩子 |
[07:54] | By the time Martinez finds her in the bathroom, she’s so consumed with remorse | 马天尼在浴室发现她的时候, |
[07:59] | that she’s begging him to end her life. And that’s my theory. | 悲伤的的母亲恳求结束自己的生命 |
[08:10] | What the hell are you doing? | 你到底在干什么? |
[08:12] | You’re an intern. | 作为一个实习生 |
[08:13] | Your job is to sort the crime scene photos and talk us through them, not come up with theories. | 你应该负责整理现场照片向我们讲解 不是发明些什么理论 |
[08:17] | This is a district attorney’s office, not a detective agency. | 这里可是联邦检察官办公室,不是侦探社 |
[08:20] | So you don’t care what’s in my head? | 你根本就不关心我脑子里想什么,对吧? |
[08:21] | Not if it wasn’t in a law book first, no. | 如果还没写在法律书上的,我没有兴趣 |
[08:26] | “Which of the following might be a prospective juror’s reason… for suppressing information that might prejudice him or her | 以下那一项会影响准陪审员作出公正的判断? |
[08:32] | …from participating in a trial?” | |
[08:34] | A: The prospective juror’s actual bias with regard to…” | A:陪审员事实上存有偏见 |
[08:37] | B: The desire to avoid maligning “one’s own reputation as an objective, bias-free citizen.” | 是B:靠声誉来衡量人的行为 |
[08:43] | Wow. | 哇, |
[08:44] | “B” is right. | 就是B |
[08:48] | I don’t think I can be a lawyer, Joe. | Joe,我觉得自己不是做律师的料 |
[08:50] | Is this about the dreams, | 是因为那些梦和声音吗? |
[08:53] | the voices? | |
[08:54] | They give me pictures to sort, and I know what happened between the pictures. | 他们让我整理图片,我看了就知道事情发生的经过 |
[08:57] | I just know. | 我就是知道 |
[09:00] | I sit with Legal Aid cases and they tell me their stories | 处理案件的时候我知道他们有没有说谎 |
[09:03] | and I’m absolutely sure when they’re lying or telling the truth. | |
[09:06] | I mean, I see it. | |
[09:08] | I see the truth. | 我能知晓真相 |
[09:10] | I see it. | 就像电视的恐怖节目一样 |
[09:10] | It’s like a freakin’ television show, and the dreams… | |
[09:13] | Dreams are dreams. Everybody dreams. | 做梦是一回事,人人都会做梦的 |
[09:15] | Does everybody see dead people standing around their bed? | 但不是每个人都会看到死人站在自己床头的吧? |
[09:19] | I’m supposed to be an advocate. | 我不应该这样主观的 |
[09:21] | I’m supposed to be objective. | 我应该客观一些正常一些才对 |
[09:22] | I’m supposed to be normal. | |
[09:24] | You are normal. | 你很正常 |
[09:28] | I don’t feel normal. | 我不觉得是这样 |
[09:31] | Law school, it’s a lot of money, a lot of work, a lot of time. | 上法学院既花钱也费神 |
[09:36] | I’m past 30. | 我都过30了,也许真不该这样做 |
[09:38] | Maybe it’s just not meant to be. | |
[09:40] | Or maybe, just maybe it’s nerves. | 也许只是神经紧张,压力 |
[09:45] | – You know, stress can make the mind… – It’s not stress. I don’t know what it is, but it’s not stress. | 我不知道为什么,但肯定不是压力的问题 |
[09:51] | How do you know that? You don’t know that. | 你怎么知道不是呢? |
[09:52] | – I do. – No, you don’t. | 我知道 你不知道 |
[09:53] | Yeah. | 谁才是屋子里的科学家 |
[09:54] | Who’s the scientist in the house? | 谁才是屋子里的科学家 |
[09:55] | Am I not the aerospace engineer around here? | 难道不是火箭专家我吗? |
[09:58] | Am I not the rocket scientist in the house? | 我才是专家啊,我希望用科学的角度来分析这些问题 |
[10:00] | I believe I am. | |
[10:01] | And what I would like to do is I’d like to apply the scientific method to this particular conundrum. | |
[10:07] | What I’m proposing is simple. | 我的提议很简单 |
[10:09] | Let’s take all these scenarios you’ve told me about | 把过去两年你告诉我的事情发给相关的执法机构 |
[10:12] | and let’s send them to the relevant law enforcement agency. | |
[10:16] | The one you had the other night where the guy confesses to slitting his wife up the middle? | 你昨晚说的杀了自己太太的那个人 |
[10:21] | Let’s just fax that to the Phoenix PD. Let’s see if it rings any bells. | 把它传真给凤凰城的警察局看有何回音 |
[10:24] | I don’t follow you. What’s the point of that? | 我没听懂,这样做是为什么? |
[10:26] | The point is simple. I’ve got almost 25 of these things in just the past two years. | 原因很简单,过去两年我记下了将近25件个案 |
[10:30] | If you’re really getting messages from the great beyond, | 如果你真的收到来自未知世界的讯息 |
[10:34] | well, somebody’s going to get back to you. | 有人会给你回信的 |
[10:38] | But if, as I suspect, | 但是,如果跟我想的一样 |
[10:41] | these dreams, | 这些梦和声音还有房间里的死人 |
[10:42] | these voices, | |
[10:44] | even the dead people in our bedroom | |
[10:46] | have more to do with the stress associated with being a mother of three | 仅仅来自你身兼数职的压力 |
[10:50] | while trying to get into law school and work an internship at the DA’s, | 既是三个孩子的母亲, 又要进法学院,同时还在地方检察署实习 |
[10:54] | well, then let’s stick to our plan. | 那我们就照原计划走 |
[10:56] | You should go to law school. You should study hard. | 上法学院,好好学习 |
[10:59] | You should become a heartless, scum-sucking attorney | 做个铁面无私的律师 |
[11:02] | and buy your husband expensive foreign cars. | 给我买昂贵的外国跑车,这才是该做的事情 |
[11:05] | Just seems like the right thing to do. | |
[11:07] | I love the way you put me first. | 我就喜欢你把我放在第一位 |
[11:24] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[11:26] | Excuse me. | |
[11:28] | You’re the intern, right? I’m sorry, I’ve forgotten your name. | 你是实习生吧,抱歉,忘了你的名字 |
[11:31] | I know it begins with an “A.” | 是A开头的,对吧? |
[11:33] | Allison. Allison DuBois. | 我是Allison,Allison Dubois |
[11:34] | Right. Listen, the starter just went on my car, | 我的车被借用了 |
[11:36] | and the Chief asked me to run out to Brayenton to interview a witness. | 头儿刚才让我去访问一个证人 |
[11:40] | It’s Balinda. | 我是Balinda,他们刚把车拿走 |
[11:41] | They just took the car. But Andrea is here. And she’s offered to give me a ride. | 可我见到Andria了,她愿意载我过去 |
[11:46] | Andrea, the intern. | Andria那个新来的实习生 |
[11:50] | I really appreciate this. | |
[11:52] | So who are you interviewing? | 你要见的是谁? |
[11:54] | Some hausfrau | 一个家庭主妇,她认为自己能看到过去和未来 |
[11:55] | who thinks she can see the future or the past or whatever it is those people think they see. | 反正是别人看不到的东西 |
[12:02] | Remember the little girl who wandered off from the shopping center about seven weeks ago? | 还记得大约7周前在购物中心走失的小女孩吧? |
[12:07] | Well, between you and me, the boys in law enforcement don’t have a clue | 我只跟你说,执法机关的人一点头绪也没有 |
[12:10] | and the local news shows won’t talk about anything else. | 地方的新闻机构也不愿再谈相关的东西 |
[12:13] | So now we have to listen to every Tom, Dick or harried housewife | 所以我们得听听这个女人会说什么 |
[12:17] | with too much time on her hands who thinks she can read tea leaves or tarot cards or whatever. | 她闲着没事就以为自己会茶叶占卜之类的 |
[12:25] | It’s the guard. | 是保安做的 |
[12:27] | The security guard. | |
[12:28] | The one we’ve been looking for for two months? | 就是我们找了两个月的那人吗?我们也觉得是他 |
[12:30] | Yeah. We think so, too. | |
[12:33] | Well, don’t you want to know where he is? | 难道你不想知道他在哪里吗? |
[12:36] | You know? | 你知道? |
[12:38] | I saw him cross the border into Mexico… | 我看到他过境去了墨西哥 |
[12:41] | with the girl. | 和小女孩一起 |
[12:44] | “Mexico.” | 墨西哥吗?很好 |
[12:46] | Terrific. | |
[12:48] | He sold her. | 他把她卖了 |
[12:50] | Oh, Mexico? | 墨西哥,墨西哥哪个特别的地方,还是只是墨西哥 |
[12:51] | Any particular part of Mexico | |
[12:54] | or just… | |
[12:55] | “Mexico.” | |
[12:57] | I don’t know. I see it, but… | 我不清楚,虽然我看得到 |
[12:59] | I know the name of the town starts with an “F.” | 我知道那个镇的开头是F |
[13:04] | A town in Mexico that starts with “F”? | F开头的墨西哥小镇 |
[13:08] | Eureka. You’ve cracked the case. | 你破案了 |
[13:12] | Oh, great. | 没信号,我要出去给办公室打个电话 |
[13:14] | No signal. | |
[13:15] | All right. | |
[13:17] | I am going to step outside. | |
[13:19] | Try and call my office, get a list of Mexican cities that begin with “F.” | 列出墨西哥用F开头的地方的名单 |
[13:24] | See if we can’t narrow down this haystack to something more manageable. | 看看能不能把案件的范围缩小一点 |
[13:30] | Are you with the girl or the guard? | 你和那个小女孩还是保安在一起? |
[13:32] | – I mean, when you see these things, whose eyes…? – The girl is dead. | 你是通过谁的眼看到的? 小女孩已经死了 |
[13:36] | She can’t read. She’s only three. | 她只有三岁还不识字,不过认得字母F |
[13:39] | But she knows the letter “F.” | |
[13:43] | I see. | 我懂了,你是和死去的小女孩说话啊 |
[13:46] | You’re talking to the dead girl. | |
[13:49] | No wonder I can’t get a signal in here. | 怪不得这里什么信号都没有 |
[13:53] | I’ll be out front. | 我到门口去了 |
[14:00] | She’s really a very good lawyer. | 她是个好律师 |
[14:03] | You want a beer, don’t you? | 你也听到吧 |
[14:05] | Pardon me? | 你说什么? |
[14:06] | You don’t like hearing the voices, do you? | 你不喜欢听到那些声音 |
[14:09] | The alcohol quiets ’em down for you, I bet. | 喝点酒可以让它们没那么吵 |
[14:13] | How ’bout the dead? | 那些死去的人呢? |
[14:15] | You see the dead? They come visit you? | 你能看见,他们让你给活着的人传讯息 |
[14:18] | Want you to pass on messages to the living? | |
[14:21] | I have to go. I’m Ms. Alexander’s ride. | 我得走了,还得把Alexander送回去 |
[14:23] | Why are you at war with who you are? | 听着,你在和真实的自我斗争着 |
[14:25] | Ma’am, respectfully, I’m not at war with anybody. | 女士,我跟任何人都没有争执 |
[14:29] | I’m just a girl who wants to be a lawyer, | 我只是个希望成为律师的女子 |
[14:31] | wants to do her job, be a good wife, a good mother, | 希望把工作做好,做个好妻子,好母亲 |
[14:35] | be like everybody else. | 跟别人一样 |
[14:36] | But you’re not like everybody else and you know that. | 但你和别人不一样,你也知道 |
[14:40] | Even among the special, you’re special. | 即使在特殊人群当中,你也是个异类 |
[14:44] | They’re telling me you’re the best. | 他们告诉我你是最厉害的 |
[14:46] | They’re telling me, they’ve been speaking to you since you were a little girl. | 从你儿时起他们就和你说话了 |
[14:51] | Showing you things. | 他们让你看东西,你知道我指的是什么 |
[14:54] | You know what I’m talking about. | |
[14:57] | I know I have to go. | 我知道我得走了 |
[14:59] | I’m here. | 我一直在这里,如果你要弄清原由的话 |
[15:01] | If you ever need to make sense out of it. | |
[15:05] | I’m here. | |
[15:19] | Sorry. | 抱歉回来晚了,我买了批萨饼 |
[15:21] | Sorry. I got pizza. | |
[15:23] | It’s okay. We already did chicken. | 没关系,已经做了鸡肉 |
[15:25] | It’s on the table if you want some. | 如果你要来点的话,就放在桌上 |
[15:27] | Hey, girls. | 孩子们,你们一定把爸爸惹烦了 |
[15:29] | You went easy on Daddy, right? | |
[15:38] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[15:39] | Look who’s here. | 看看你 |
[15:43] | You mad? | 你恼了吧? |
[15:45] | Mm-mm. | |
[15:47] | Okay, so what gives? | 那是为什么? |
[15:52] | Texas Rangers called. | 德州警察刚刚来电话,他们看了你的传真,要见你 |
[15:54] | They read your fax. | |
[15:56] | They want to see you. | |
[16:08] | Sorry ’bout the bumpy ride. | 抱歉飞机这么颠簸 |
[16:09] | There’s a big storm over the Gulf of Mexico. | 邻近墨西哥的地方有风暴 |
[16:13] | Ever been in a twin-engine prop before? | 以前来过这儿吗? |
[16:17] | Ever been to Texas? | 德州呢? |
[16:20] | So, I’m guessing then that you’ve never worked with the Texas Rangers before. | 那我猜你没和德州的警察共事过吧? |
[16:25] | Well, trust me, | 相信我,有趣的事情才刚刚开始 |
[16:27] | the fun is just beginning. | |
[17:14] | Holy crap. | 我的天啊 |
[17:16] | Miss DuBois? | Dubois女士 |
[17:18] | Miss Allison DuBois? | Allison Dubois女士 |
[17:21] | Mrs. | 是太太 |
[17:22] | My name’s Captain Kenneth Push of the Texas Rangers. | 我是 Kenneth |
[17:25] | I appreciate you coming over here today. | Push队长 德州警察 感谢你远道而来 |
[17:30] | Did you write this? | 这是你写的吗? |
[17:45] | My husband wrote it. | 是我先生写的 |
[17:47] | I told him what to say, but he wrote it, | 是我口述的内容,他传真给你们了 |
[17:49] | faxed it to you. | |
[17:50] | What you describe, | 你说的,或者是你先生以你的名义写的 |
[17:52] | or what your husband describes on your behalf, | |
[17:56] | bares an uncanny resemblance | 和最近发生在德州的案件不谋而合 |
[17:58] | to an event that occurred here recently in Texas | |
[18:03] | in which a 17-year-old male abducted a six-year-old male | 一个17岁男子掳走一名6岁男童 |
[18:08] | for what we believe to be his personal sexual gratification. | 相信是出于泄欲的诉求 |
[18:12] | We presently have the 17-year-old in custody, | 我们拘留了该名男子 |
[18:15] | although we have not yet recovered the six-year-old or his remains. | 尽管还没找到6岁男童或他的尸首 |
[18:19] | Because the perpetrator of this act is still technically a minor, | 由于被告年纪尚轻 |
[18:22] | his name was never released to the media or the general public. | 我们从没有向媒体和大众公开他的名字 |
[18:25] | You follow me so far? | 目前为止,你听懂我说什么吗? |
[18:27] | I speak English, | 我懂英文,你也讲得不错,我明白 |
[18:29] | and you do a passable job yourself, so yeah. | |
[18:34] | All right then. | 那好 |
[18:37] | Do you mind telling me, if nobody knew this fella’s name, | 那告诉我 |
[18:41] | how it is that you mention it, | 为什么你在信里三次准确的说出该男子的名字 |
[18:42] | three times, spelled perfectly in that fax of yours? | 虽然我们从未公开 |
[18:48] | I don’t know. I just saw it. | 不知道,我就是看到了 |
[18:51] | It was on his mail. | 从他的信件里 |
[18:54] | You saw his mail? | 你看到他的信了? |
[18:55] | Sure. | 当然 |
[18:59] | He was looking at it when he first saw the boy. | 他第一次见到男童的时候正在看信 |
[19:05] | He went out to get the mail from his mailbox, that’s when he first spotted him. | 他去信箱取信的时候第一次见到那个男童 |
[19:09] | At least that’s the way it was in my dream. | 起码在我的梦里是那样的 |
[19:13] | In your dream? | 在你的梦里? |
[19:22] | A dream, huh? | 女士,我知道发生什么事了 |
[19:24] | I know what’s going on here, young lady. I do. | |
[19:28] | You work for the defense. | 你和被告是一伙的 |
[19:31] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[19:33] | Oh, don’t you? | 真的不知道吗? |
[19:36] | I throw in with you, | 如果我相信你把你的信当成证据 |
[19:38] | I take you into my confidence, | |
[19:40] | year later we’re sitting in a courtroom… | |
[19:42] | the defense puts me up on the stand. “Isn’t it true, Captain Push, “that a soothsayer… | 到时候被告就会质问我说 |
[19:48] | “a fortune teller… Hey! “a mystical prognosticator of some kind helped you assemble this case?” | Push队长难道你就是靠个通灵者的信来破案的吗? |
[19:54] | I don’t know what to tell you. I don’t work for anybody. | 我不知道该怎么告诉你,可是我不为任何人服务 |
[19:57] | If you don’t want me here, I will happily go home. | 如果你不需要我在这里,我很乐意回家 |
[20:00] | Well, I’ll tell you what we’re going to do. | 告诉你我会怎么做 |
[20:04] | I’m going to show you eight crime scenes. | 我带你到几个犯罪现场,其中一些是假的 |
[20:06] | Seven of them are bogus. | |
[20:09] | You tell me which one’s real | 你告诉我哪个才是真的 |
[20:11] | and then maybe we’ll have something to talk about. | 也许我们还有点东西可谈,只是也许 |
[20:16] | Maybe. | |
[20:33] | Something happened here, all right. | 这里发生过一些事 |
[20:35] | But I don’t think it was any crime. | 但我不觉得那是犯罪 |
[20:37] | Least not where I come from. | 起码在我来的地方那不算 |
[20:51] | What do you say we go up and take a look around? | 怎样,要下来四处看看吗? |
[20:53] | What do you say we don’t? This is not the place. | 不用看了,不是这里 |
[21:12] | Nope. | |
[21:14] | Yeah. | |
[21:15] | 11th floor. | |
[21:21] | You are wasting my time. | 你在浪费我的时间 |
[21:35] | We’re getting close. | 快到了,在下一个出口 |
[21:37] | Get off at the next exit. | |
[22:07] | You sure this is where you meant? | 确定这是你找的地方吗? |
[22:10] | Looks to me like the Partridge family lives here. | 在我看来,这里是Partrer家住的地方 |
[22:13] | Oh, I’m sure, and I’m sure you’re sure. | 我确定,我想你也确定是这里 |
[22:16] | And besides, I always thought those Partridges were a little strange. Didn’t you sense a little something between David Cassidy and Susan Dey, even if they were brother and sister? Hm? | 而且这些照片里的人也长得不太一样 |
[22:27] | Excuse me. Hi. Hi. | 你肯定把别人的照片混进来了 |
[23:03] | Hey, what’re you listening to? | 你在听什么? |
[23:05] | It’s this new band, Hanson. | 是个叫Hanson的乐团 |
[23:07] | My older brother just got me the CD last week. | 我哥哥上星期刚给我买了他们的CD |
[23:11] | It’s him you’re here about, right? | 你是来查他对那个小男孩做了什么的对不对? |
[23:15] | It’s about what he did to that little boy, | |
[23:18] | isn’t it? | |
[23:23] | Yeah. | |
[23:35] | This place belongs to the suspect’s grandparents. | 这里是嫌疑人的祖父母家 |
[23:38] | The suspect and his sister were put here by Social Services in 1995 | 95年这对兄妹被社会服务收容 |
[23:42] | after their parents were found guilty of neglect, largely due to uncontrolled heroin addiction. | 他们的父母吸食海洛因且被判疏于照管罪 |
[23:47] | In 1999 the sister died. | 99年妹妹死了 |
[23:51] | Sounds to me like she had the flu, which brought on dysentery. | 我看来她像是得了感冒,后来因脱水而死 |
[23:54] | She kept telling everybody she was thirsty, but obviously, nobody was paying attention. | 她一直跟别人说很口渴,可是没人在意 |
[23:58] | It’s a sad and… | 她死的很无辜 |
[24:00] | stupid reason to die. | |
[24:03] | Anyway, | 无论如何,这里就是案发地点 |
[24:04] | this is definitely where it happened. | |
[24:06] | I’m sure of it. | 我很确定,妹妹看到了一切 |
[24:08] | The sister saw everything. | |
[24:12] | The dead sister? | 那个死了的妹妹吗? |
[24:15] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[24:17] | Okay, game over. | 好了,游戏结束了,上车去吧 |
[24:19] | That’s it. | |
[24:20] | Everybody get in the vehicles. | |
[24:22] | – I don’t understand. – Lady, | 我不明白 |
[24:23] | I don’t know who you are, I don’t know where you’re getting your information, | 女士,我不知道你的身份 也不清楚你是哪里弄来的消息 |
[24:27] | but obviously, somebody is feeding you a whole lot of classified, sensitive data… | 不过很明显,有人把机密的消息透露给你 |
[24:31] | – Hey, nobody’s feeding me anything. – I am a career investigator, | 没有人给我消息 |
[24:34] | I am a career criminologist, | 我是个职业的犯罪学家 |
[24:37] | and I will not have some lawyer’s stooge | 犯不着叫一个法律学生,在我和同事面前装腔作势 |
[24:42] | pulling some cheap carney trick | |
[24:43] | make an ass out of me or the Rangers. | |
[24:46] | Now, I said we are out of here. | 我说了,我们离开这里 |
[24:50] | We are out of here! | |
[24:53] | Hey! | 嘿,难道你不想知道尸体在哪里吗? |
[24:54] | Don’t you want to know where the body is? | |
[25:11] | Right here! | 就在这里,地下三�兆笥� |
[25:12] | It’s about three feet down! | |
[25:16] | Hold on! | 等一下 |
[25:19] | Let’s not get in the dirt just yet. | |
[25:25] | Did we not sweep this area with the dogs? | 我们不是让警犬在这里搜过了吗? |
[25:28] | Yes, sir… about a month ago. | 是的长官,大约一个月以前 |
[25:32] | We had a whole truckful of first-class bloodhounds in here. | 我们在这里放了一车子寻血猎犬 |
[25:37] | They didn’t smell anything. | 它们什么也没有闻到 |
[25:40] | I don’t know what to tell you. | 我不知道该和你说什么 |
[25:41] | Maybe the body wasn’t here then. | 也许当时尸体还不在这里 |
[25:43] | Maybe he moved the body. | 也许他移动过尸体 |
[25:45] | Maybe your dogs had a cold. | 也许你的狗感冒了 |
[25:47] | All I know is, | 我只知道,现在,尸体就在这里 |
[25:49] | the body is here now. | |
[25:53] | You know that, huh? | 你知道?! |
[25:55] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[25:57] | And how do you know? | 那你是怎么知道的呢? |
[25:59] | You just get, | 就是有种感觉吗?像哪里痒了之类的? |
[26:00] | what, a feeling? | |
[26:02] | Like an itch or something? | |
[26:05] | Or maybe you’ve seen a secret, unrecovered body map somewhere that we missed. | 还是你有一张我们没找到的秘密藏尸图 |
[26:11] | Or, hell, | 或许你在网上和www.我被埋了.com的网友聊了会天? |
[26:12] | maybe you’re online with the folks at www. i’m buried .com! | |
[26:19] | I’m talking to you! | 我在和你说话呢 |
[26:20] | No, you’re yelling at me | 不,你是在大吼大叫,想要恐吓我 |
[26:22] | and trying to intimidate me | |
[26:24] | and attempting to ridicule me. | |
[26:26] | And you really ought to calm down. | 你真该冷静下来 |
[26:29] | We both know that your heart can’t take this kind of agitation. | 因为你我都知道你的心脏受不了刺激 |
[26:48] | Let me give you something to think about. | 我让你想想 |
[26:51] | If I embrace this nonsensical hunch of yours | 如果没有的话,这次完全没有道理的搜索由你负责 |
[26:54] | and waste valuable public resources by having my 30-odd men here | 动用了我的30个手下,花一整个下午挖掘, |
[26:58] | use the better part of an afternoon digging up this yard and we don’t find a body, | 却一无所获的话 |
[27:02] | then I figure that makes you an accessory after the fact… | 你将以协助侵犯儿童的犯人 |
[27:07] | aiding and abetting a child molester by providing us with false leads. And I figure that’s good for three years hard time. | 提供错误讯息为由,在监狱里呆上三年 |
[27:17] | Now… | 现在你再仔细考虑一下 |
[27:18] | you ponder that for a second, | |
[27:22] | and then you tell me one more time where you think this body is. | 再告诉我,尸体到底在哪里? |
[27:29] | You’re standing on it. | 你就站在上面 |
[27:45] | Anyway, I’m done. | 无论如何,我的工作完了 |
[27:47] | I want to go home now. | 我要马上回家 |
[27:55] | Sir… | 长官我们有人手也有工具,挖一下又何妨? |
[27:57] | we’ve got the men here, we’ve got the shovels… what’s the harm in doing a little digging? | |
[28:01] | What’s the harm? | 何妨?你不会这么巧连搜索令也带上了吧? |
[28:02] | You want to know what the harm is? | |
[28:04] | You wouldn’t happen to have a search warrant on you, Sergeant, would you? | |
[28:08] | No, sir. | 没有 |
[28:14] | Go find our friend a comfortable hotel room. | 去给我们的朋友找个舒适的旅馆 |
[28:18] | Make sure she’s got everything she needs. | 尽力满足她的需求 |
[28:23] | Hey, you. | 嘿,还有别的执法机关打来电话吗? |
[28:26] | Tell me no other law enforcement agencies have called. | |
[28:28] | Um, just the District Attorney’s Office wondering when they might get their intern back. | 只有你的检察署询问他们的实习生什么时候会回来 |
[28:33] | Oh, and, uh, your husband. | 还有你的丈夫,不知道什么时候他的妻子会回来 |
[28:34] | Ow! | |
[28:35] | who was wondering when he might get his wife back. | |
[28:38] | – Do you hear that? – No, go ahead, I’ll hold on. | 你听到吗? 没有,等一下再说 |
[28:49] | Mrs. DuBois. | Dubois女士 |
[28:50] | I know it’s late, but I wonder if I might show you something. | 我知道已经很晚了 不知道是否介意我给你看些东西 |
[28:55] | Give me a minute. | 给我一分钟 |
[29:01] | I got to go. It’s Captain Happy at the door. | 我要挂了,是Kenneth队长 |
[29:04] | At this hour? At your hotel room? | 现在都几点啦?在房间门外吗? |
[29:07] | Is there something you want to tell me? Something I need to know? | 你是不是有些事得让我知道一下? |
[29:10] | Yes. I’m leaving you for the angriest, ugliest man on the planet. | 是的,我要为了世上最丑陋的男人把电话挂了, |
[29:14] | Now, go to bed. I love you. | 好了,睡觉吧,我爱你 |
[29:23] | Something you want to show me? | 你有东西给我看吗? |
[29:38] | Captain Push… | Push队长? |
[29:46] | Went in 23 days ago. | 23天以前,我从来没有那么恐惧过 |
[29:49] | I’ve never been so scared. | |
[29:52] | That doctor cracked me open like a walnut. | 医生像开核桃一样把我剖开 |
[29:56] | Told me if I didn’t calm my life down, the next time I complained of chest pains, | 他说如果不把节奏放缓的话,下次我再说胸口疼时 |
[29:59] | he wouldn’t bother with a needle, thread or latex gloves, he’d just walk me over to the autopsy room and have me pick out which drawer I want to be kept in. | 他就不用给我动手术,直接让我挑个解剖室的柜子算了 |
[30:09] | Everybody I knew thought I was fishing up in Alberta. | 别人都以为我在阿伯塔省钓鱼呢 |
[30:14] | I don’t know how you found out. | 我不知道你是怎么发现的? |
[30:16] | I didn’t find out; I felt it. | 不是发现的,我只是感觉到而已,而且我觉得你会长寿的 |
[30:18] | And for what it’s worth, I feel you’ll be living a long time. | |
[30:25] | Oh. Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[30:35] | Mrs. DuBois, open up! Mrs. DuBois, Texas Rangers. Are you awake? | Dubois太太,德州警察,你醒着吗? |
[30:51] | Mrs. DuBois, | Dubois太太,我要你打包行李跟我去机场 |
[30:53] | I need you to pack your bags and come with me to the airport. | |
[30:56] | The eye of this storm is moving this way, | 风暴快来了,如果现在不走的话 |
[30:58] | and if we don’t get you out now, there may not be a runway left. | 可能就没有逃生的地方了 |
[31:01] | But I don’t understand. | 我不明白,现在是早上五点半 |
[31:03] | It’s 5 : 30 in the morning. We’re supposed to excavate a crime scene in five hours, look for a body. | 我们应该在5小时后挖掘尸体才对 |
[31:09] | You don’t understand, Mrs. DuBois. As of now there is no body. | 你还不明白吗,现在已经没有什么尸体了 |
[31:13] | There is no crime scene. It’s all just gone. | 也没有犯罪现场了,一切都被冲走了 |
[31:17] | Haven’t you watched the television? This storm here, | 你没有看电视吗,这是德州史上最大的风暴, |
[31:20] | it’s the biggest in Texas history. This storm is Hurricane Allison. | 是飓风引起的 |
[31:51] | You know… | 你知道吗,等雨停了,证据还会在的 |
[31:53] | there’s nothing to say that when the rain stops, it all still won’t be there… | |
[31:57] | the body, the evidence… | |
[31:59] | When the rain finally stops | 等雨停了,就不会有东西让警犬闻了 |
[32:00] | there’ll be nothing left for the dogs to smell. All the top soil will have washed away. | 东西都被冲走了 |
[32:05] | When the rain finally stops, who knows where that little boy’s body will be? | 等雨停了,谁会知道小男孩的尸体在哪里 |
[32:09] | Carried off by animals? | 被动物带走了?吃掉了? |
[32:10] | Picked at? Maybe eaten. | |
[32:12] | If there’s anything left at all. | 还会剩下什么东西吗?有人能找到吗? |
[32:14] | If anyone can find it. | |
[32:17] | When the rain finally stops, | 等雨停了,犯罪的禽兽会被放出来 |
[32:19] | the beast that did this | |
[32:20] | will be released from jail. | 他会去另外的地方,等着向下一个无助的孩子下手 |
[32:22] | He’ll be off to wherever it is that people like that go | |
[32:26] | and hide and wait for the next helpless child to suck the life out of. | |
[32:31] | You know, you are not responsible for the fact that… | 你并不需要为这些负责 |
[32:34] | What in God’s name am I responsible for?! | 那我要为什么负责呢? |
[32:37] | Huh? | |
[32:38] | I am too sensitive to practice law. | 作为执法者我太敏感了 |
[32:41] | But I can’t do any good with all my effin’ sensitivities, | 但是我敏感的神经还是告诉了我怎么分辨对错 |
[32:44] | ’cause I’m not sensitive enough to know | |
[32:47] | that it’s gonna freakin’ rain! | |
[32:53] | – Allison… – Shut up and drive. | 闭嘴,开车 |
[33:15] | Look, I know you’re trying to make me feel better. | 我知道你想让我好过一点 |
[33:17] | But I gotta tell you, yesterday when I thought, | 但昨天,当我知道尸体的所在 |
[33:19] | “I know where this body is, | |
[33:21] | I can help them hold this guy, | 知道可以帮他们抓住罪犯 |
[33:22] | I can help them get this guy,” | |
[33:24] | I felt so like I was where I belong. | 我真的很有归属感,不是对于德州,而是在现场 |
[33:26] | I don’t mean in Texas. But, | |
[33:28] | in the field, on the line, like… | |
[33:31] | this is what I’m supposed to be doing. | 我觉得那才是我该做的事情 |
[33:32] | This is why I’m here. Finally! | 我总算来了 |
[33:34] | This is why I am the way I am. | 这才是我存在的原因 |
[33:37] | And when I woke up and found that none of it mattered… | 但当我醒来,这一切都不重要了,都被冲走了 |
[33:40] | that it had all just been washed away… | |
[33:42] | that God had played some cruel joke on me… | 上帝给我开了个残酷的玩笑 |
[33:48] | What?! | 干吗? |
[33:50] | You’re thinking I’m the most conceited, self-involved person you’ve ever met. | 你在想我是你见过的世界上最自我为中心的人 |
[33:53] | – Whoa, what? Hey, did I say…? – You’re thinking, | 我有这样说吗? |
[33:55] | “What kind of person | 我满脑子里都在想是老天下的这场雨 |
[33:57] | “thinks God Himself would unleash a rain storm just to screw with their head?” | |
[34:01] | – Oh, that’s just nuts. – Oh, no. I’m nuts. | 真是一派胡言 |
[34:03] | That’s what you think, isn’t it? | 我在胡言乱语,这是你在想的 |
[34:04] | God, I never said that. | 我从来没这样说过 |
[34:06] | I didn’t say you said it. | 我没说是你说的 |
[34:08] | It’s not what I was thinking, either. | 那也不是我在想的 |
[34:09] | What I was thinking was, “Go read his mind… | 我想的是,去看看那个17岁男子的脑子里在想什么 |
[34:12] | your 17-year-old pedophile…” | |
[34:13] | “and leave me alone!” | 然后别来烦我 |
[34:17] | – That may have been in there. – Mm-hmm. | 这个也许也在里面 |
[34:23] | Actually, that’s a brilliant idea. | 事实上,这是个绝妙的主意 |
[34:26] | What is? | 哪个? |
[34:33] | Captain Push of the Texas Rangers, please. | 请找德州警察局的Push队长 |
[34:36] | Excuse me, Captain, my client is due to be released in just nine hours. | 队长,我的当事人9小时后将被释放 |
[34:39] | If you’ve uncovered any new evidence that potentially jeopardizes that, I have a right to know about it. | 如果任何人找到新的证据有可能阻止他出来的话 我有权知道内容 |
[34:43] | Why don’t you just relax, Counselor? | 你为什么不放松一点 |
[34:47] | Don’t make me call The New York Times! | 别逼我给纽约时报打电话 |
[34:55] | Hi. | 谢谢你和我见面 |
[34:57] | Thank you for speaking with me. My name is Allison DuBois. | 我是Alison Dubois |
[35:02] | Okay. | OK,你是监狱的人吗? |
[35:04] | You’re with the prison? | |
[35:06] | Not really. | 不是 |
[35:07] | Oh. | |
[35:09] | You’re a reporter? ‘Cause I can’t talk to reporters. | 那你是记者吗?我不能见记者 |
[35:12] | No. | 我其实是你妹妹的朋友 |
[35:13] | I’m actually kind of a friend of your sister’s. | |
[35:19] | Ma’am, my-my sister’s dead. | 女士,我妹妹已经死了 |
[35:22] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[35:24] | She seems happy, by the way. | 她看起来挺快活的 |
[35:26] | I mean… | |
[35:28] | she’s worried about you, ’cause of what you did and all. | 虽然你做的事让她担心,但除此之外 |
[35:32] | But aside from that… | |
[35:35] | She’s still at the house, you know. | 她还在屋子里,看见你的所作所为了 |
[35:38] | She saw what you did. | |
[35:40] | Told me where the body was. | 告诉我尸体在哪里 |
[35:45] | I came here hoping | 我来这里是希望能从你身上感觉到什么 |
[35:47] | I would feel something from you… | |
[35:50] | hear something from inside your head… | 知道你脑子里在想什么 |
[35:53] | but… | |
[35:56] | What? | 怎么了? |
[36:01] | You’re so pretty. | 你长得很英俊,像牙膏广告里的人 |
[36:03] | You look like an ad for milk or toothpaste. | |
[36:07] | But when I listen to your soul, | 但当我聆听你的灵魂的时候 |
[36:10] | all I hear are the sounds of small animals being tortured | 听到的都是受疟的小动物的声音 |
[36:14] | and children crying. | 孩子的哭嚎 |
[36:19] | You know, you didn’t walk into this room alone. | 你不是一个人进来的 |
[36:25] | I don’t mean them. | 我说的不是他们 |
[36:27] | It’s nothing you can see. | 不是你能看到的 |
[36:30] | But over there, standing in the corner… | 但在墙那边的幽灵 |
[36:32] | is the ghost of the man who molested you after the Easter barbecue | 是8岁时在复活节烧烤后虐待你的人 |
[36:35] | your aunt and uncle took you to when you were eight. | |
[36:38] | And standing next to him | 他旁边站着1967在密西根夏令营对他施暴的人 |
[36:40] | is the man who molested him | |
[36:42] | at summer camp in Michigan in 1967. | |
[36:45] | And that man’s soul is forever haunted by the souls of the three men | 而那个人的灵魂则一直被三个在1955年他10岁时 |
[36:49] | who took advantage of that man when he was a ten-year-old boy back in 1955 on a school trip to Washington D.C. | 到华盛顿特区的旅行中虐待他的人所纠缠 |
[36:55] | – I… I would like to go now! – Wait! | 我要走了 |
[36:58] | I’m just getting started. The room is filled with them. | 等一下,我才刚开始,屋子里都是那些人 |
[37:01] | It’s you men I’m talking to. You men know what I’m looking for. | 我说的是你们,如果你有什么要说的 |
[37:05] | If any of you have anything to say… anything… to help break this chain of evil… | 说些让这条罪恶的链条断开的话 |
[37:10] | I can hear you. | 我可以听得到 |
[37:12] | You just have to speak to me. | 你只要跟我讲就好了 |
[37:15] | Just speak to me. | 跟我说 |
[37:31] | He told everything to the boy in the next cell? | 他把一切都告诉旁边监仓的人了? |
[37:34] | Yep. | 谁告诉你的? |
[37:36] | Who told you this? Never mind. | 无所谓,反正我不会明白的 |
[37:39] | I don’t want to know. | |
[37:44] | All right, quiet on this block. | 安静点,后退 |
[37:45] | Quiet down, back up. | |
[37:48] | Quiet on this block. | |
[37:52] | Raymond Vargas, stand and approach the cell door, please. | Rayman站到门口来 |
[38:11] | Son, | 我知道你和隔壁的男孩深夜交谈过 |
[38:12] | I have it on pretty good authority that the boy in the next cell and you | |
[38:17] | talk some late at night. | |
[38:20] | Who are you? | 你是谁?她是谁? |
[38:24] | And who’s she? | |
[38:27] | Your friend next door… | 隔壁的男孩有提到6岁的小孩吗? |
[38:29] | he ever mention a six-year-old boy? | |
[38:33] | Where he might have taken him? | 他可能把他带到哪里了?对他做了些什么? |
[38:35] | What he might have done with him? | |
[38:38] | What, you mean the kid who sleeps over here? | |
[38:42] | He’s a prevert. | 我跟他不说话 |
[38:45] | I don’t talk to preverts. | |
[38:49] | And preverts don’t talk to me. | |
[39:03] | He don’t talk to “preverts.” | |
[39:11] | Tell him… | 跟他说,你知道接吻的事 |
[39:14] | you know about the kiss. | |
[39:17] | Kiss? – What kiss? – Just tell him. | 接吻吗? |
[39:21] | But whisper. Uh… | 就那么跟他说就是了,小声点 |
[39:33] | So… | 你们两不讲话对吧 |
[39:35] | you two don’t speak? | |
[39:38] | Man, I already told you, no. | 我已经跟你说了 |
[39:42] | What’s the deal with the hat? | 你的帽子是怎么回事? |
[39:44] | Today Cowboy Day? | 今天是牛仔日吗? |
[39:58] | I know about the kiss. | 我知道接吻的事? |
[40:03] | Wait a second. | 等会儿?他跟你说了吗? |
[40:06] | He told you that? | |
[40:09] | The prevert told you about that? | |
[40:13] | Right now, son, | 现在我对他跟你说的事更感兴趣 |
[40:15] | I’m much more interested | |
[40:17] | in what he told you. | |
[40:29] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢长官,法庭见 |
[40:32] | You will see me in court. | |
[40:34] | Bye-bye. | |
[40:36] | That was the State Attorney’s office. | 是州检察官办公室的电话 |
[40:39] | They just delivered Raymond Vargas’ sworn statement to the Judge, | 我刚把Rayman的口供呈给法官 |
[40:44] | and he’s agreed to allow us to hold and formally charge the 17-year-old. | 他同意我们监禁并正式起诉17岁男子 |
[40:49] | Whoo! | |
[40:51] | With three hours to spare. | 还多出3小时 |
[40:56] | So, I’m curious. | 我搞不懂,接吻的事 |
[40:59] | The kiss… | |
[41:00] | you didn’t mention that before we went into Raymond’s cell. | 你没有提起过,是怎么知道的 |
[41:03] | Who told you about that? | |
[41:05] | Was there some… ghost… | 是牢房里面的幽灵告诉你的吗? |
[41:09] | some spirit there on the cell block with us that was talking to you? | |
[41:12] | Well… no. | 不是 |
[41:14] | Well, how’d you find out about that kiss? | 那你怎么知道的呢? |
[41:17] | I made it up. | 我瞎编的 |
[41:21] | Excuse me, lady? | 你再说一遍? |
[41:23] | Oh, put your bug eyes back in your head. | 别瞪着我,我说了,是编的 |
[41:25] | I said I made it up. I took a shot. | |
[41:27] | I figured he’d either be so offended he’d talk, or he’d be so embarrassed he’d talk. So, either way… | 我只是试试,觉得他要不会觉得被冒犯 要不觉得很尴尬,都会说的 |
[41:33] | This… is not good for my heart. | 这个对我的心脏可不好 |
[41:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢,衷心感谢你 |
[41:44] | Really. | |
[41:46] | Thank you. | |
[41:49] | No. Thank you. | 不,我该谢你 |
[41:59] | So, anyway, I’ve come to the conclusion that I am… | 我得出结论了,我不适合当检察官 |
[42:03] | constitutionally incapable of being an attorney. | |
[42:08] | Okay. | OK,但我不明白你为什么改变主意 |
[42:11] | But I’m confused. What led to this change of heart? | |
[42:14] | I can’t really talk about it. | 我不知道该怎么解释 |
[42:17] | Suffice it to say, I’m apparently either a little psychic or a little psycho. | 这样说吧,我的神经有点问题 |
[42:23] | Oh. | |
[42:25] | So, anyway, I wanted to come in and officially resign my internship. | 我要正式递辞呈,不当实习生了 |
[42:28] | I see. | |
[42:30] | And thank you again for the opportunity. | 再次谢谢你给我这个机会 |
[42:33] | Allison. | Alison,你不在的时候马天尼自首了 |
[42:35] | While you were gone, Martinez confessed. | |
[42:38] | Seems he did shoot Pablo once in the leg. | 他承认是先往保罗腿上开了一枪 |
[42:40] | Then he said he heard a baby crying… | 然后听到婴儿的哭声,杀了把孩子闷死的那个母亲 |
[42:42] | shot the mother who had accidentally suffocated the baby. | |
[42:45] | Then he came back and shot Pablo | 之后他回来向保罗又开了六枪 |
[42:48] | six more times. | |
[42:52] | So what does this mean? What are you going to do now? | 这说明了什么?你现在要怎么做? |
[42:59] | So, he just hired you? | 他们就这样雇你了吗? |
[43:00] | Well it’s not full time. I’m more like a consultant. | 不是全职的,就像个咨询师 |
[43:03] | A secret consultant, and we can’t really tell anybody that I work there. | 秘密咨询师,不能告诉别人我在那里工作 |
[43:05] | Cool! | |
[43:07] | Yeah! | |
[43:08] | He wants me to help him pick | 他让我帮忙挑陪审团可能的证人 |
[43:10] | juries, interview potential witnesses and suspects, go on lineups, things like that. | |
[43:14] | They’re only going to call me when they need me. We’re sort of going to play it by ear. | 他们需要我的时候才叫我,我只是待命而已 |
[43:17] | That’s awesome. | 那太棒了 |
[43:18] | – Thanks. – Holy cow! | |
[43:20] | Holy cow! | |
[43:22] | Yeah. I really want you to go in and just get him to tell you his story. | 我要你进去,让他们告诉你事情始末 |
[43:35] | They wanted you to have this. It’s his statement. | 他们让你看这个,是笔录,你也许想参考参考 |
[43:37] | – They thought you might want to take a look at it. – Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[43:49] | So, according to the statement you gave the police, you came home from… | 你的笔录上说下班回家的时候 |
[43:56] | work, and she was just… | |
[44:00] | your wife, I mean… she was just there like that. | 你太太她就…那样躺在那里了 |
[44:04] | Yeah. | 是的,5:20下班开车回家 |
[44:07] | I got off at 5 : 20. | |
[44:10] | Drove home. | |
[44:12] | Stopped for gas. | 途中去了加油站 |
[44:15] | It was winter, you know, so… | 那是冬天,我停车的时候天已经黑了, |
[44:19] | by the time I pulled in the driveway, it was dark. | 屋子里面却一片漆黑 |