时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | How you doing? | 如何? |
[00:09] | Tired, right? | 累了, 是吗? |
[00:10] | Sleepy? | 想睡吗? |
[00:13] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[00:15] | Just relax. Go with it. | 放松好了 |
[00:17] | Close your eyes if you want. | 要是你想就闭上眼 |
[00:20] | Lay down back there. | 把座椅放平 |
[00:21] | It’s okay with me. | 我很好 |
[00:26] | Damn. | 妈的 |
[00:31] | You want to see your mommy, you don’t say anything. | 你想看你妈咪, 你别说话 |
[00:34] | You just go to sleep. | 你睡去吧 |
[00:38] | License and registration, please. | 请把驾照和许可证拿出来 |
[00:42] | What do you got back here? | 你在后面干什么? |
[00:44] | My niece. Heading home from the circus. | 我侄女 从马戏团回来 |
[00:47] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[00:49] | Somebody looks tired. | 看上去很困 |
[00:50] | Somebody wants to get home and into bed. | 要快点回家上床 |
[00:52] | You’ve got a rear taillight that’s nonfunctional. | 你有一个尾灯坏了 |
[00:55] | I’m going to look the other way this time, ’cause it appears to me | 不过依我看,还有一个解决方法 |
[00:57] | like you got some urgent business in the back seat. | 因为你的后座有一个紧急事务 |
[01:01] | Thank you, Officer. | 谢谢, 警官 |
[01:02] | But I’m gonna need some assurance you’ll take care of this first thing tomorrow. | 但我需要你保证明早第一件事就是处理尾灯 |
[01:05] | Absolutely. | 没问题 |
[01:07] | You have my word, Officer. | 你得到我的保证了, 警官 |
[01:08] | All right. Let’s get this little lady back home and into bed. | 好 让这小女孩回家睡觉 |
[01:11] | She can barely keep her eyes open. | 她眼睛几乎都睁不开了 |
[02:14] | Are you all right? | 你还行吧? |
[02:19] | Do you need anything? I’ll get you some water. | 你要什么吗? 我给你拿点水 |
[02:22] | No. I’m all right. | 不要 我很好 |
[02:25] | God. I hope you’re not getting sick again. | 天啊 我希望你别再生病 |
[02:27] | Not with my mother coming to visit. | 别让我老妈再来了 |
[02:31] | Please. | 拜托 |
[02:32] | One nightmare a night is plenty, thanks. | 一晚一个恶梦已经够了,谢谢 |
[03:23] | Ham? | 火腿? |
[03:25] | Ham. Hmm. | 火腿. 嗯 |
[03:27] | Okay. I know what that means. That’s your “no” voice. | 好. 我知道是什么. 你在说 不 |
[03:30] | Well, no. It’s not “no”. I just don’t think my mother is really a ham person. | 不是的. 不是 不. 我只是不认为我妈是火腿爱好者 |
[03:34] | More of a veal person. | 更可能是小牛肉爱好者 |
[03:36] | A fish person, actually. | 事实上是鱼爱好者 |
[03:38] | Fish? | 鱼? |
[03:39] | Well, I don’t know what to tell you. We don’t really have veal kids. | 好, 我不知道怎么告诉你. 我们没有爱小牛肉的孩子 |
[03:42] | We don’t have fish kids. | 我们没有爱鱼的孩子 |
[03:43] | We have ham kids. We have chicken finger kids. | 我们有爱火腿的孩子 我们有鸡腿孩子 |
[03:47] | Maybe we could make some fish and some chicken fingers. | 或许我们能做点鱼和鸡腿 |
[03:50] | – Forget I said that. – I will. | – 忘了我说的 – 我会的 |
[03:57] | Honey, what are you doing? | 亲爱的, 你在干什么? |
[04:00] | I’m building a fort. | 我在造堡垒 |
[04:01] | It’s where I’m gonna sleep so Grandma can have my bed. | 我将睡在这,而外婆可以睡我的床 |
[04:04] | What’s the matter? Couch not good enough for you anymore? | 怎么了? 对你来说睡椅还不够好吗? |
[04:06] | This is better. | 这里更好 |
[04:09] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[04:10] | We may want to have a nice dinner in there, | 或许我们可以在这里吃顿好的 |
[04:12] | it being the dining room and all. | 这里简直就是饭厅 |
[04:14] | Please? | 拜托? |
[04:15] | Come on. When’s the last time we used the dining room? | 好了,我们上次用饭厅是什么时候? |
[04:17] | Yay! | 耶! |
[04:21] | Veal… fish… | 小牛肉… 鱼… |
[04:23] | This week is going to kill me. | 这个礼拜我要忙死了 |
[04:27] | Tell me about it. | 告诉我 |
[04:28] | You can’t do that. | 你不能那样 |
[04:29] | Sure, I can. | 我当然可以 |
[04:30] | You’re my daughter-in-law. You’re married to my son. | 你是我媳妇,你嫁给我儿子了 |
[04:33] | It’s not like you’re naked or anything. | 那不等于你可以光着身子或别的 |
[04:35] | – Besides, we need to talk. – No, we don’t. | – 另外,我们要谈谈 – 不,不要 |
[04:37] | I have to go to work. I have to take a shower. And you’re dead. Now, go away! | 我要去上班了. 我必须冲澡了. 你去死吧. 现在就走! |
[04:40] | Relax. Take it from someone who’s been there before. | 放松. 问问那些曾在那儿待过的人吧 |
[04:43] | Take it from someone who’s seen their life flash before their eyes. | 问问那些看着自己的生命在眼前划过的人吧 |
[04:46] | There’s nothing as important as family. | 没有什么比家庭更重要 |
[04:49] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呀? |
[04:50] | You were a workaholic father who ignored his son. | 你是一个疯狂工作而忽略自己儿子的父亲 |
[04:53] | You left your wife for another woman. | 你因为另一个女人而抛弃了自己的妻子 |
[04:54] | And the whole time you were alive, you never once visited your grandchildren. | 你活着的时候, 从来没有看望过你的孙子 |
[04:57] | Yeah? So? | 对? 所以? |
[04:59] | It’s never too late to change. | 现在改变也不会迟 |
[05:01] | Oh… Out! | 噢… 出去! |
[05:03] | Out! | 出去! |
[05:05] | Excuse me? | 对不起? |
[05:08] | You all right? | 你还好吗? |
[05:12] | I don’t know. I’ll let you know a week from now. | 我不知道。一星期后我会让你知道的 |
[05:16] | I don’t know how familiar this office is with Project Defender, | 我不知道这个部门对“辩护者计划”有多了解 |
[05:19] | but through the use of modern DNA examination, | 但是通过现代DNA检查的应用 |
[05:22] | and the implementation of other cutting-edge crime assessment tools, | 和先进的犯罪评估工具的使用 |
[05:26] | we’ve been responsible for the freeing of many prisoners | 我们有责任更正对许多犯人的判决 |
[05:28] | erroneously sentenced to long-term incarceration | 被误判入狱很长时间的犯人 |
[05:30] | and, in some cases, even death. | 还有些案例,被判了死刑的 |
[05:32] | I’m very familiar with your work. What is it that brings you to Phoenix? | 我非常熟悉你的工作。什么风把你吹到菲尼克斯来了? |
[05:35] | Beginning last year, the project received a series of letters | 从去年开始,这个计划接到了源源不绝的信件 |
[05:38] | from an inmate at the Springville Correctional Institute claiming wrongful conviction. | 从来自Springville 矫正中心的一个同宿者声称被错误的定罪 |
[05:42] | Are you familiar with a Mr. Owen Butler? | 你知道一个叫Owen Butler的男人吗? |
[05:44] | He’s currently serving… | 他现在… |
[05:46] | A life sentence for the murder of Clancy Donovan in 1995. | 因为1995年谋杀Clancy Donovan会坐一辈子的牢 |
[05:48] | I’m well aware of the case. I prosecuted it myself. | 我知道这件案子。正是由我起诉的 |
[05:51] | Now, please don’t misunderstand. | 现在,请不要误解 |
[05:52] | We’re not necessarily alleging prosecutorial misconduct here. | 我们并不是在这里肯定的断言起诉人有不正当行为 |
[05:55] | No. Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[05:58] | You suspect I made an honest mistake. | 你怀疑我犯了错误 |
[06:01] | On the record, the Mayor’s office would like you both to know | 记录上写着,市长办公室希望你们都知道 |
[06:04] | that he supports the work of your project, | 他支持你们这个计划的工作 |
[06:06] | and he’s happy to do anything he can to help. | 他也很高兴能做点什么能帮得上忙的事 |
[06:09] | Please let His Honor know that we appreciate that. | 请转告市长阁下我们很感激他 |
[06:12] | Well, now that it’s clear that we’re all friends… | 那么, 现在就清楚了我们是朋友… |
[06:15] | I’m all for exonerating the innocent, | 我完全赞成为无辜者洗脱罪名 |
[06:17] | but when it comes to Owen Butler, I’m afraid you’re barking up the wrong tree. | 但是说到Owen Butler, 恐怕你们搞错了 |
[06:21] | Are we? | 是吗? |
[06:22] | Court transcript shows you were never able to establish any real connection | 你在法庭纪录里永远找不到 |
[06:25] | between Mr. Butler and the victim. | Butler和受害者的关联 |
[06:26] | I beg to differ. | 我不同意 |
[06:28] | Both men in question were illegal drug users. | 在审问中发现,两个人都是非法吸毒者 |
[06:30] | It seemed quite clear to both the judge and the jury | 看起来陪审团和法官都很清楚 |
[06:32] | that Mr. Butler broke into that apartment looking for drugs. | Butler 闯进那所公寓找毒品 |
[06:35] | No. I beg to differ. | 不,我不同意 |
[06:36] | You had no witnesses to place him near the crime scene. | 没有目击证人证明他在犯罪现场附近 |
[06:39] | True. | 对 |
[06:40] | But, as I recall, he couldn’t account for his whereabouts | 但是据我所知,当枪击事件发生时 |
[06:42] | at the time of the shooting either. | 他没有说明他的行踪 |
[06:44] | I mean, it’s not as if his alibi didn’t check out. He simply had none. | 我是说,好像不是他的辩解没有说服力,他只是没有辩解 |
[06:47] | The man was so incapacitated by his drug habit | 他有毒瘾所以就没有自制能力 |
[06:50] | he had no idea where he was an hour before being questioned, | 他甚至不知道自己在审问前一小时在哪里 |
[06:53] | much less at the time of the shooting. | 差不多也就是枪击事件的时候 |
[06:54] | Be that as it may, there’s still no forensic evidence | 不管怎么样, 法庭上还没有证据 |
[06:57] | to indicate he was ever in that apartment– no fingerprints, no DNA evidence– nothing. | 指出他曾经到过那所公寓―没有指纹 没有DNA的证据―什么都没有 |
[07:01] | Yes, I know. Nothing except a .38 caliber slug that passed through Mr. Donovan’s skull | 是的,你知道,除了一颗 .38 口径的子弹 穿过了Donovan先生的头颅 |
[07:05] | and embedded itself in the wall of his apartment– a .38 caliber slug | 然后打在了公寓的墙上– 一颗 .38 口径的子弹 |
[07:10] | that matched the gun that we found in the trunk of Butler’s car. | 和我们在Butler车箱里找到的枪吻合 |
[07:13] | True. | 对 |
[07:15] | It still doesn’t prove he was the one that pulled the trigger. | 但这还是不能证明他就是凶手 |
[07:18] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[07:19] | I prosecuted this case almost ten years ago, and a jury of 12 citizens found Mr. Butler guilty. | 差不多10年前我起诉了这件案子 12人组成的陪审团裁决Butler罪名成立 |
[07:23] | Now, if you’ve uncovered some evidence that shows somehow we got it wrong, | 如果你找到一些证据说明我们不知何故搞错了 |
[07:27] | I’m happy to hear it. | 我洗耳恭听 |
[07:29] | If not, I need to get on with my day. | 如果没有,我就要继续干我自己的事了 |
[07:36] | Mr. District Attorney? | 检察官? |
[07:38] | They’re on a fishing expedition. | 他们远足钓鱼去了 |
[07:39] | Fine. Then let’s let them fish. | 好的,那就让他们去钓鱼吧 |
[07:41] | Just so they don’t go to the press and claim we’re stonewalling. | 这样他们就不会到媒体那儿 去说我们妨碍了(他们的工作) |
[07:44] | I mean, as long as you’re completely confident the case against Butler | 我是说,只要你对Butler的案子有足够的信心 |
[07:46] | is going to hold up, this shouldn’t be a problem. | 那就等着瞧吧, 不会有什么问题的 |
[07:48] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[07:49] | There is no problem. | 没有什么问题 |
[07:50] | Excellent. | 好极了 |
[07:52] | And I’ll be sure and share that with the Mayor. | 这样我会很肯定而且会跟市长交换一下意见 |
[07:58] | Butler lost his job as a landscaper back in 93 when he was picked up for indecent exposure. | Butler93年的时候丢掉了庭园设计家的工作 当时他涉嫌猥亵露体被捕 |
[08:04] | Took to petty theft to finance a worsening drug habit. | 因为赌瘾恶化需要钱而小偷小摸 |
[08:07] | Ended up shooting a man execution-style during a bungled robbery. | 在一次失败的抢劫过程中枪击了一个男人而告终 |
[08:12] | He’s ten years into a life sentence at Springville. | 他被判在Springville监狱终身监禁 已经十年了 |
[08:14] | Sounds pretty open and shut. | 听起来极其简单 |
[08:16] | It was. | 的确 |
[08:18] | And why they’re choosing to reopen this particular can of worms right now is beyond me, | 现在我不清楚为什么他们选择 重审这个小人物的案子 |
[08:22] | but I need someone to interface between their group and ours, | 但是我需要有人说明一下谁是我们组的 谁是他们组的 |
[08:27] | and I’m a little shorthanded. | 我这儿人手不足 |
[08:29] | Wait a second. It doesn’t sound like something I’m particularly well-suited for. | 等一下。这看起来不是我特别擅长的事 |
[08:33] | Frankly, it sounds like something for a lawyer. | 说真的。这似乎是律师的责任 |
[08:35] | I’m confused. | 我不清楚 |
[08:36] | Didn’t you study to be a lawyer? | 你学习不就是想成为一个律师吗? |
[08:41] | Welcome back to Phoenix, Ma. | 欢迎回到菲尼克斯 |
[08:45] | Happy Mother’s Day. | 母亲节快乐 |
[08:46] | Well, happy week leading up to Mother’s Day. | 噢,母亲节前的快乐周 |
[08:49] | Yes. Well, happy week leading up to Mother’s Day to you, too. | 是的,噢,你也是,母亲节前的快乐周 |
[08:52] | For what it’s worth, you’re looking good. | 不管怎么样,你看起来很好 |
[08:54] | Oh, you’re sweet to say that. | 你这样说真贴心 |
[08:57] | Truth is, I had a long winter, and I didn’t get out as much as I would’ve liked. | 事实上,我度过了一个漫长的冬天 我没有像我希望的那样经常出去走动 |
[09:01] | Mother, what are you talking about? What about the cruise? | 妈妈,你在说什么呀? 巡游怎么样了? |
[09:03] | Oh, no. You’re right. | 噢,不,你是对的 |
[09:04] | You’re right. The cruise was nice. | 你是对的,巡游很好 |
[09:06] | I mean, if you like that sort of thing. | 我的意思是如果你喜欢那种活动的话 |
[09:08] | You don’t like that sort of thing? | 你不喜欢那种活动? |
[09:09] | No, no. I liked it. | 不,不,我喜欢 |
[09:12] | It was nice. | 那很好 |
[09:13] | You get on a big boat. | 你登上了一艘大船 |
[09:15] | – You sail around. – Right. | 你驾船沿圆周航行 对 |
[09:17] | You come back to the place where you started. | 你又回到起点 |
[09:20] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[09:21] | In retrospect, I’m not sure I accomplished all that much. | 回想以前,我不确定我能完成那么多事 |
[09:30] | So, is Ariel any taller? | 那么,Ariel 长高了吗? |
[09:32] | Does Marie talk yet? | 现在Marie说话了吗? |
[09:34] | Has Bridgette learned to brush her own hair? | Bridgette学会梳自己的头发了吗? |
[09:36] | You got way too many questions, Ma. | 妈妈,你一路上太多担心的问题了 |
[09:37] | I’m gonna have to book you a later return ticket. | 等会儿我会给你订返程机票的 |
[09:42] | I’ve never seen him before. | 我以前从没见过他 |
[09:44] | Why would I kill him? | 我为什么会杀死他? |
[09:45] | Maybe you knew he kept drugs in the apartment. | 也许你知道他在公寓里藏有毒品 |
[09:48] | How would I know that? | 我怎么会知道那个? |
[09:50] | You’ve never done business together? | 你们从来没有在一起交易过? |
[09:52] | You’ve never bought from him? | 你从来没有从他那里买过? |
[09:53] | No. Never. | 从来没有 |
[09:54] | Mr. Butler, you can’t tell me where you ate lunch today, | Butler先生,你不能告诉我 你今天中午在哪里吃的午饭 |
[09:58] | but you’re certain you’ve never seen this man before. | 但是你确定你以前从来没有见过这个男人 |
[10:00] | If I could have a taste, I’d remember a little better. | 如果我经历过,我会回忆得更好 |
[10:04] | Ms. Dubois? | Dubois女士? |
[10:05] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[10:07] | Gary Craig, Project Defender. | Gary Craig, “辩护者计划”的 |
[10:09] | This is Deborah. She’s a student at ASU, and one of the interns down at the project. | 这是Deborah。她是在美国学生联合会工作的学生 也是在这个计划中实习的实习生 |
[10:13] | Nice to meet you both. | 很高兴认识你们 |
[10:15] | District Attorney Devalos asked me to sit in on any interviews, | 检察官Devalos 让我负责所有的接见 |
[10:18] | and to help in any way I can. | 并且尽我所能帮助你们 |
[10:20] | Much appreciated. The less adversarial we can make this whole process, the better. | 非常感激。整个过程中 我们制造的不快越少越好 |
[10:24] | I have a question, though. This man… | 但是我有一个问题,这个男人… |
[10:26] | Have you looked at his rap sheet? | 你们看过他的刑事犯登记表吗? |
[10:27] | He’s no angel. Are you sure this is someone whose innocence you want to champion? | 他不是好人,你们确定这是你们想为之辩护其清白的人吗? |
[10:31] | I’m sorry. I don’t see it that way. | 很抱歉,我不这样看 |
[10:33] | It’s not for me to judge someone’s worth. | 对我来说,这不是在判断一个人是否值得 |
[10:36] | The question on the table is, is he guilty of the crime for which he was tried and convicted? | 现在眼前的问题是 他是否真的如判决所说的有罪? |
[10:40] | Our purpose is to serve as an extra check and balance to make sure | 我们的目的是进行额外的检察并通过比较来确定 |
[10:43] | that the system works at its most evenhanded and fair-minded. | 这个系统致力于做到最大程度上的公平公正 |
[10:47] | These are copies of all the correspondence we received from the accused and his prior counsel. | 这有我们从被告和他们的前辩护律师 那收到的所有信件的副本 |
[10:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:06] | Mr. Butler. | Butler先生 |
[11:17] | How you doing? | 你怎么样? |
[11:23] | Ew! It smells like fish in here. | 唔! 闻起来像做的鱼 |
[11:25] | It’s salmon. | 是鲑鱼 |
[11:26] | Marjorie, um… how much tonic should I put in your gin? | Marjorie, 嗯…我应该在你的杜松子酒里放多少滋补品呀? |
[11:29] | Oh, just the tiniest of tiny splashes, darling. | 亲爱的,只需要洒一点点就好了 |
[11:32] | In fact, don’t even bother. | 事实上,不放也一样 |
[11:35] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[11:36] | Napkin. | 餐巾纸 |
[11:39] | Sorry, Mom. I was at the store, I had it on my list and everything. | 对不起,妈妈。我在商场里的时候 我把这和其他的东西都写在清单上了 |
[11:49] | You want a chicken finger, Grandma? | 奶奶,你要鸡翅吗? |
[11:51] | Mmm! Didn’t know chickens had fingers. | 唔! 不知道鸡有翅膀? |
[11:53] | Bridgette, Bridgette, thank you for sharing, but… let Grandma eat her own food. | Bridgette, Bridgette,谢谢你的分享 但是…让奶奶吃她自己的食物吧 |
[11:57] | So, Allison, tell me about your work. | 那么, Allison, 跟我说说你的工作吧 |
[12:02] | Oh, I don’t know, it’s part time. | 噢,我不知道,这是兼职 |
[12:03] | I work for the District Attorney. | 我为检察官工作 |
[12:05] | Sort of a paralegal thing? | 类似一些律师助手的工作? |
[12:06] | Well, there’s definitely some “para…” | 噢, 当然会有一些”协助的…” |
[12:09] | and I do believe there’s some “legal” in there, too, so… | 我也相信有一些“法律”上的事情,那么… |
[12:11] | Oh, I… I do a lot of different things. | 噢, 我… 我做很多不同的事 |
[12:14] | It must be quite a balancing act with the house and the kids. | 那一定和照顾家庭、孩子的事两不误 |
[12:17] | I don’t know. It seems to work out for the most part. | 我不知道。大多数情况下可以平衡 |
[12:20] | I’m kind of on-call, so it depends what’s happening… | 我是那种随叫随到的人 所以取决于发生了什么事… |
[12:22] | That’s so nice. | 那真好 |
[12:23] | And I guess the extra income comes in handy, too, hmm? | 那我想额外的收入也是唾手可得咯,对吧? |
[12:26] | Maybe you can finally get some help. | 你们可能最终能得到一些帮助 |
[12:28] | What kind of help, Grandma? | 哪种帮助,奶奶? |
[12:29] | Oh, you know, some nice lady who could straighten up and make the beds… | 噢,就是找个能干家务, 会收拾床铺的人… |
[12:34] | make sure there’s napkins. | 保证这儿有餐巾纸 |
[12:38] | Mom… | 妈妈… |
[12:40] | – What? – Would you excuse me? | 什么? 恕我失陪一下? |
[12:50] | It’s not what you think. | 那不是你所想的 |
[12:52] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呀? |
[12:54] | She’s a witch. She’s a smiling cobra, she’s… | 她是一个女巫。 她是一条微笑的眼镜蛇, 她是… |
[12:56] | Lonely. | 很孤独 |
[12:58] | Everything else you said, too, but mostly she’s lonely. | 你说得也对,但她更多的是孤独 |
[13:03] | She wants to move here. | 她想搬到这儿 |
[13:05] | She wants to live here. | 她想住在这儿 |
[13:06] | She wants to be the help. | 她希望能帮上点儿忙 |
[13:09] | That’s what I was trying to tell you before. | 这就是我之前想告诉你的 |
[13:15] | You sure? | 你确定? |
[13:17] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[13:18] | This is something you picked up from her? | 这是你从她那儿听来的? |
[13:23] | No. | 不是 |
[13:32] | Okay, look, I told you I can’t handle that. | 好的,听着,我告诉你我没法处理这件事 |
[13:34] | – I don’t know, it’s just… it’s… – I’m sorry. | 我不知道,只是…只是… 我很抱歉 |
[13:36] | I mean, most people lose their parents and they lose them. | 我的意思是,很多人摆脱了他们的父母 最后就失去了他们 |
[13:40] | Okay, let’s not focus on the messenger, let’s just focus on the message. | 好了,现在我们要说的不是谁传递了这个消息 而是这件事本身 |
[13:52] | Okay, look, she’s my mother. | 好的,但是你看,她毕竟是我妈妈 |
[13:55] | The thing is, she’s not your mother. | 问题是,她不是你妈妈 |
[13:58] | So how do you feel? | 那么你觉得怎么办? |
[14:00] | Me? I was just hoping to live through Mother’s Day. | 我?我只希望活着度过母亲节 |
[14:04] | Maybe I shouldn’t have said anything. | 也许我什么都不该说 |
[14:07] | Maybe I should have kept it to myself. | 也许我只要自己知道就行了 |
[14:11] | I mean, there’s nothing to do until she says something, right? | 我是说,除非她说了什么 要不什么都做不了,对吧? |
[14:15] | True. | 对 |
[14:16] | I mean, who knows? Maybe my dad’s off base on this. | 我是说,谁知道呢? 也许我爸爸就是因为这个才离开的 |
[14:19] | I mean, if he was so good at reading my mother, then how come they get divorced? | 我是说,如果他能很好的理解我妈妈 他们又怎么会离婚呢? |
[14:23] | God, it’s never boring around here. | 天哪,这儿从来没这么沉闷过 |
[14:34] | My partner and I had just knocked off. We were heading out to a bar to catch a game. | 我和我的搭档刚下班。我们前往酒吧看一场比赛 |
[14:37] | I remember because the Suns were in the playoffs against the Rockets. | 我记得很清楚因为是太阳队和火箭队的决赛 |
[14:41] | Anyway, a uniformed patrolman responded to a shots-fired call, | 总之,一个穿制服的警官接到了一个报告枪击事件的电话 |
[14:45] | discovered a dead body. | 说是发现了一具死尸 |
[14:47] | Actually, um… the victim may have still been alive when the uniform arrived on the scene. | 事实上,嗯…在那个警察到达现场的时候 受害者可能还活着 |
[14:51] | I-I don’t recall. | 我记不起来了 |
[14:53] | We were nearby, so they had us take the call. | 我们就在附近,所以他们叫我们去接手 |
[14:57] | In any event, when my partner and I arrived | 每次办案, 当我和我的搭档到现场时 |
[15:00] | the uniform showed us the apartment had been broken in through a back window. | 警察向我们展示了那个公寓 凶手是从后面的窗户破窗而入的 |
[15:04] | And at that point anyway, | 并且就在那个位置 |
[15:06] | Mr. Donovan, the victim, was dead from a single gunshot wound to the head. | Donovan先生,也就是受害者 是被一枪击中头部而死的 |
[15:11] | The bullet was from a weapon we later found in Mr. Butler’s possession. | 之后我们发现子弹来自于Butler的枪 |
[15:15] | And how did you come to find the gun in Butler’s car? | 你是怎么在Butler的车里找到那把枪的? |
[15:18] | An anonymous caller phoned it in, I believe. | 我想是一个匿名电话打来说的 |
[15:21] | Said he’d overheard Butler bragging about the crime. | 说他无意间听见Butler拿这件事吹牛 |
[15:24] | We got a search warrant, went to Butler’s apartment. | 我们拿到搜查令, 去了Butler的住处 |
[15:27] | Neighbor said he hadn’t been home for days. | 邻居说他已经几天没回家了 |
[15:30] | Was that unusual? | 那不寻常吗? |
[15:31] | Apparently not. She said he sometimes went on week-long crack binges. | 显然不。她说他有时连续一个星期狂欢 |
[15:36] | When we finally caught up to Butler, | 当我们最后找到Butler时, |
[15:38] | we found the gun in the trunk of his car. | 我们在他的车箱里找到了枪 |
[15:41] | Forensics matched it with the bullet that killed Donovan. | 法医鉴定那和杀死Donovan的子弹相符 |
[15:44] | It should all be there in the record. | 这在档案里应该都有 |
[15:46] | Detective Rickey, how thoroughly did you examine that apartment for evidence? | Rickey侦探, 你为了搜索证据 有多彻底的检查了那个公寓? |
[15:50] | I don’t know, I think we were there a day and a half. | 我不清楚,我想我们在那儿待了一天半 |
[15:52] | In all that time you didn’t find one fingerprint belonging to the accused? | 在那段时间里,你没有找到一个属于被告的指纹? |
[15:58] | I mean… if the man was there to steal drugs, | 我是指…如果一个人到那儿偷毒品, |
[16:01] | presumably he would’ve left some prints in and around the drugs. | 推测起来,他应该在毒品上或者附近留下一些指纹 |
[16:05] | Doesn’t that make sense? | 那不能说明点什么吗? |
[16:06] | He was wearing gloves. | 他带着手套 |
[16:09] | He brought the gun. | 他带着枪 |
[16:10] | He knew what he was going to do. | 他知道他要干什么 |
[16:12] | Why would he go out of his way to leave prints for us? | 为什么他要故意为我们留下指纹呢? |
[16:15] | He didn’t go out of his way to leave fiber evidence for you either, according to your report. | 根据你的报告,他也没有留下任何纤维的证据 |
[16:19] | He also left no eyewitnesses to place him at the scene of the crime | 也没有目击证人证明他在犯罪现场 |
[16:22] | and no DNA to prove he was there. | 没有DNA证据证明他在那儿待过 |
[16:25] | It’s a pretty well thought-out crime for a crack-addicted petty thief, wouldn’t you say? | 对一个沉溺于狂欢的小贼来说 这是一个设想得非常完美的犯罪,你说呢? |
[16:31] | Thank you for coming in, Detective. | 谢谢你到这儿来,侦探 |
[16:35] | Next witness, 10:30. Why don’t we take a few minutes? | 下一个证人, 10:30. 为什么我们不休息几分钟? |
[16:38] | Hi, honey, it’s me. I tried to call your mom on her cell phone | 嗨,亲爱的,是我。我试图打你妈妈的手机 |
[16:40] | to see how she and Marie were doing. | 看她和Marie在干什么 |
[16:42] | Just went straight to voice mail. | 但是直接转到了语音留言 |
[16:44] | Anyway, I’m on break. | 总之,我休息了 |
[16:46] | Give me a call. | 给我回电话 |
[16:47] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[16:48] | Bye. | 再见 |
[16:50] | D etective… | 侦探… |
[16:52] | I thought I might see you here. | 我想我会在这儿见到你 |
[16:53] | Which way to the Project Pretender fiasco? | “辩护者计划”是怎么惨败的? |
[16:56] | Be nice. | 别这么说 |
[16:57] | Wait a second, I didn’t know you were a part of all this. | 等一下,我之前还不知道你在这儿工作 |
[17:00] | I don’t remember seeing “Detective Lee Scanlon” on any of the reports. | 我不记得在任何报告上看过 ” Lee Scanlon侦探” |
[17:03] | Well, we’re talking ten years ago. | 噢,我们在说十年前的事了 |
[17:05] | I was Patrolman Leland Scanlon if you please. | 如果你愿意,我就是Leland Scanlon巡警 |
[17:09] | And I was the responding uniformed officer the night Donovan was murdered. | 我就是报告Donovan被谋杀的那个警察 |
[17:12] | Oh, my God, I am so glad to see you. | 哦,我的天,真高兴见到你 |
[17:14] | Why, you tired of making small talk with the bleeding hearts? | 怎么了,你厌倦了和一颗受伤的心说一小会儿话? |
[17:17] | Well, actually, these people are presenting a very compelling argument. | 噢,事实上,那些人正在上演一出非常引人注目的闹剧 |
[17:20] | The case against Butler isn’t terribly strong. | 这件案子对Butler的指控不是很有力 |
[17:22] | I hate to see him get out of jail because of it. | 因为这个,我讨厌看见他出狱 |
[17:25] | I’d really hate to see what it would do to District Attorney Devalos. | 我不想看见这对Devalos检查官有什么影响 |
[17:28] | Allison… | |
[17:29] | trust me, those people will never get this guy off. | 相信我,那些人不会让这个人出狱的 |
[17:35] | Neighbors heard the gunshot in Donovan’s apartment, called 911. | 邻居听见Donovan公寓里的枪声,于是打了911 |
[17:39] | I got to the door, no one answered. The door was locked, so I forced it open. | 我到门那儿, 没有人回答 门是锁着的,所以我把它撞开了 |
[17:44] | I walked into what I guess you would call the main room, the living room. | 我走进了你所说的主要的房间,客厅 |
[17:49] | The body was on the floor… | 尸体躺在地板上… |
[17:51] | although I was not immediately certain that the victim had expired. | 虽然我不是立刻断定受害人已经死了 |
[17:54] | There were drugs and paraphernalia everywhere. | 但是这儿到处是毒品和相关的用具 |
[17:58] | Wasn’t for all the blood, you’d have thought he got high watching the game and passed out or something. | 要不是地上满是血,你一定觉得他是看比赛太激动了 然后就昏倒了或什么的 |
[18:02] | Then I looked up. | 然后我抬头一看 |
[18:05] | I saw some guy on the fire escape. | 我看见有人在安全出口处 |
[18:07] | Couldn’t tell you who he was. | 但是我不能辨认出那是谁 |
[18:09] | He took off like a bat out of hell. | 他像蝙蝠一样逃走了 |
[18:12] | I guess he’d been up there the whole time, hoping and praying I wouldn’t notice him. | 我猜他一直在那儿,希望我没有注意到他 |
[18:16] | Soon as our eyes locked, he took off. | 我们一发现,他就逃走了 |
[18:19] | And you didn’t give chase? | 你没有追? |
[18:22] | I felt like the thing to do was to attempt to revive the victim. | 我觉得当时应该先抢救受害者 |
[18:28] | I did mouth-to-mouth and CPR for, uh, I don’t know, maybe seven, eight minutes. | 我做了人工呼吸和心肺复苏术 大概,我不知道,6、7分钟吧 |
[18:36] | Anything catch your eye after that point? | 那之后你看见什么了吗? |
[18:40] | The window showed signs of forced entry. | 窗户看上去是从外面被强力击碎的 |
[18:42] | I fired we were looking at, uh… a possible robbery attempt. | 在我们看来, 嗯… 很可能是一起入室抢劫 |
[18:46] | The truth was, I was in way over my head. | 事实上, 我被弄得措手不及 |
[18:50] | I realized that the victim had expired, | 我发现受害者已经死了 |
[18:53] | there was nothing for me to do except call it in, wait for the detectives. | 除了通知总部派刑警来,我没什么可做的 |
[18:59] | You getting all that? | 你都记下来了吗? |
[19:01] | Oh, yeah, I got it. | 噢,是的,记下来了 |
[19:10] | Hey, everybody. Sorry I’m late. | 嗨,大家,对不起,我回来晚了 |
[19:12] | I didn’t know what everybody wanted, so I picked up a couple of pizzas. | 我不知道谁想吃什么 所以就带了几个批萨 |
[19:17] | Don’t worry, Mom. I got you a salad thing. | 不用担心,妈妈。我给你买了色拉 |
[19:19] | Hey, babe. | 嗨,宝贝儿 |
[19:21] | Look what Mom did. | 看看妈妈做了什么 |
[19:24] | She cut up the vegetables herself. | 她自己切了蔬菜 |
[19:26] | It’s a crabmeat bisque. | 这是蟹肉浓汤 |
[19:30] | Oh, boy. What a treat. | 噢,孩子们,这真是丰盛的一餐呀 |
[19:33] | This is so nice. | 真棒 |
[19:34] | Excuse me a second. | 等我一下 |
[19:39] | Wow! | 哇! |
[19:40] | It’s clean in here. | 这儿真干净 |
[19:46] | Oh, my gosh. | 噢,糟了 |
[19:47] | Dinner in the dining room? | 在饭厅里吃饭? |
[19:50] | Bridge, what happened to your fort? | Bridge, 你的堡垒怎么了? |
[19:53] | Grandma bought a magic bed. | 奶奶买了一张有魔法的床 |
[19:55] | I picked up one of those inflatable beds that plug into the wall. | 我买了那种可以折起来塞进墙里的折叠床 |
[19:58] | That way she can have her bed back, | 这样她就可以要回她的床 |
[20:00] | and you can have your dining room back. | 你们就可以要回饭厅了 |
[20:03] | Oh, my gosh. Why didn’t I think of that? | 噢,真糟糕,为什么我就没想到呢? |
[20:06] | How…? When-when did you do all this? | 怎么…? 你什么时候做的这一切? |
[20:09] | Well, by the time I got the baby down for her nap | 噢,在我放下宝宝让她睡觉的时候 |
[20:12] | and the girls and I got their homework out of the way, it just… | 还有女孩儿们和我一起做家务,就… |
[20:15] | I don’t know. It just sort of worked out. | 我不知道,就这样搞定了 |
[20:17] | I helped Grandma polish the silver. | 我帮奶奶把银具擦亮了 |
[20:20] | And she taught me how to brush my hair. | 她还教我怎么梳头 |
[20:22] | But not at the table, honey. | 但是不是在饭桌旁,亲爱的 |
[20:25] | Is-is it okay? Is… it’s not too hot? | 这还好吗? 这…这不会太烫吧? |
[20:36] | It’s delicious. | 很好吃 |
[20:42] | It’s the noise, I think. | 我觉得是人声 |
[20:47] | That’s why we take cruises and… | 这就是为什么我们要去巡游… |
[20:50] | walk through the malls and sleep with the television on. | 步行穿过商业街 睡觉的时候开着电视 |
[20:56] | It’s the noise. | 是人声 |
[20:59] | Kids… | 孩子… |
[21:01] | husbands… | 丈夫… |
[21:05] | You get used to it. | 你习惯了 |
[21:07] | And then one day… | 然后某一天… |
[21:10] | it’s gone. | 都消失了 |
[21:14] | Your daughters… | 你们的女儿… |
[21:18] | are lovely people, you two. | 可爱的孩子, 你们俩的. |
[21:23] | They make a lovely noise. | 她们制造可爱的声音 |
[21:28] | Oh, dear. | 噢,亲爱的 |
[21:31] | Someone’s had enough wine… | 某人喝够酒了… |
[21:37] | Time to sleep in my magic bed. | 是时候到我那张魔法床上睡觉了 |
[21:44] | Night, Ma. | 晚安,妈妈 |
[21:46] | Sleep tight. | 睡个好觉 |
[22:04] | Did she actually say anything to you? | 她跟你说什么了吗? |
[22:06] | Uh, no. But while she was cooking, | 没有。但是当她做饭的时候 |
[22:09] | I noticed she had the newspaper open to the Real Estate section. | 我注意到她把报纸翻到了房地产版面 |
[22:14] | Okay. I’ll ask. | 好吧,我来问 |
[22:17] | Would it be such a horrible thing? | 这事儿真的会那么糟吗? |
[22:23] | Today is not the day to ask me that. | 今天不要问我那个 |
[22:27] | Well, what do you mean? | 噢,你什么意思? |
[22:29] | I don’t think I’m ready to discuss that yet. | 我觉得我还没有准备好谈论那件事 |
[22:33] | But I strongly suspect that I will always remember today | 但是我很怀疑会始终记住今天 |
[22:36] | as the day where little Allison discovered there was no Santa Claus. | 就像小Allison发现世上 根本就没有圣诞老人的那天一样 |
[22:41] | ‘Cause people really aren’t good. | 因为不是所有的人都是善良的 |
[22:44] | And justice isn’t only blind… | 司法不仅仅漏洞百出… |
[22:49] | it’s in a coma. | (有时)完全没有起到它的作用 |
[22:52] | Okay. | 好的 |
[23:13] | Hey, Billy, it’s definitely a party out here in front of the arena, | 嗨,在竞技场前的空地上,这儿绝对是一场盛会 |
[23:16] | where fans have already started to gather in expectation of a victory celebration. | 在这儿,球迷们已经准备好开始庆祝期待中的胜利了 |
[23:21] | That’s if their home team can hold onto an enormous lead. | 如果他们家乡的球队能够捧得这个巨大的奖杯 |
[23:32] | Thank you for agreeing to see me without counsel. | 谢谢你愿意在没有律师陪同的情况下见我 |
[23:37] | I’m in here forever. | 我永远都会待在这儿 |
[23:38] | How much worse can it get? | 还能变得更糟吗? |
[23:43] | On the night in question, are you absolutely certain | 出事的那天晚上, 你真的非常确定 |
[23:45] | you have no recollection of where you were? | 你不记得你在哪儿了? |
[23:47] | Where would you like me to have been? | 你希望我在哪儿? |
[23:50] | My public defender told me… | 我的公设律师告诉我… |
[23:52] | he said, “Owen, all we got’s the truth. | 他说:”Owen,现在我们知道的所有事实 |
[23:56] | And the truth is, you don’t know where you were. | 是你不知道你在哪儿 |
[23:58] | Make something up, and they won’t even bother to prove you shot this guy. | 编点儿什么,他们就不会死缠着你不放 想证明就是你开枪打了那人 |
[24:04] | They’ll just prove you’re a liar.” | 他们只会证明你说谎了” |
[24:11] | Do you like basketball? | 你喜欢篮球吗? |
[24:15] | What do you mean? | 你指什么? |
[24:17] | Like what? Playing? | 怎么样的? 打篮球? |
[24:18] | No. I-I mean… watching it. | 不,我是指…看篮球比赛 |
[24:21] | Do you ever go to a game, or…? | 你看过篮球比赛吗,或者…? |
[24:25] | Maybe TV sometimes. | 有时候看电视 |
[24:29] | I-I don’t… I don’t know. | 我不… 我不知道 |
[24:30] | But you never actually go? | 但你事实上没有去? |
[24:32] | To the arena, I mean? | 我是指篮球馆? |
[24:34] | Oh, yeah. ‘Course I do. | 噢,不,我当然去过 |
[24:36] | I sit up in the skybox with my pipe. And I fire that bitch up and… | 我带着哨子坐在包厢里,吸着毒… |
[24:40] | get so high that I can dunk from my seat. | 吸得太兴奋了,感觉自个都能从看台上扣篮了 |
[24:42] | What are you burning, lady? | 你想耍什么花招,小姐? |
[24:44] | You know how much it costs to get in there? | 你知道进那儿要多少钱吗? |
[24:46] | I’m sorry, I… | 对不起,我… |
[24:50] | I did work the parking lot sometimes, though. | 虽然有时,我做泊车的工作 |
[24:53] | You get those happy white boys with their season tickets | 但是你讨好那些白人,他们拿着赛季票 |
[24:56] | and SUVs at the home games, | 开着多运载车来看主场比赛 |
[24:59] | tailgating it… | (你就)可以紧跟在后面… |
[25:01] | coming in and out of the stadium… | 进出运动场… |
[25:03] | They’d be happy to give you a five or ten dollars | 他们会很高兴给你5或10美元 |
[25:06] | just so you won’t get too close to their cars. | 只是你不能离他们的车太近 |
[25:10] | The parking lot? | 停车场? |
[25:11] | Right outside the stadium? | 在运动场的外面? |
[25:13] | Yeah, outside. | 对,外面 |
[25:15] | Course, outside. | 当然,在外面 |
[25:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:31] | Let me ask you a question. | 让我问你个问题 |
[25:33] | Is it completely hypocritical of me to be scared to death | 如果我说我怕得要死,听起来是不是很假 |
[25:36] | of the possibility of your mother living near us… | 因为你妈妈可能住在我们附近… |
[25:39] | while at the same time calling you at work to say do you think it would be okay | 与此同时,在你工作的时候打电话问你 你觉得这正常吗 |
[25:43] | if I left her with the kids for a little while… | 如果我把孩子和她留在一起一会儿… |
[25:46] | while I go and meet with somebody in about a half an hour? | 当我出去大概半小时,见某个人的时候? |
[25:48] | Yes, it’s completely hypocritical, | 是的,这太假了 |
[25:50] | and I think you should do it. | 而且我觉得你应该去做 |
[26:05] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[26:07] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[26:12] | It’s 9:30. I’m missing The Bachelorette. | 现在9:30. 我错过了未婚女子 |
[26:16] | What’s so important it couldn’t hold till tomorrow? | 有什么重要的事情不能留到明天再说? |
[26:18] | How far would you say the University of Arizona is from Clancy Donovan’s apartment? | 你觉得亚利桑纳州大学离Clancy Donovan的公寓有多远? |
[26:22] | Time-wise, I mean? | 我是指时间上的? |
[26:23] | 40, 45 minutes. | 40, 45分钟吧 |
[26:24] | More on game night, I suppose. Why? | 我想,那晚要是有比赛的话会久一点,怎么了? |
[26:28] | I found this videotape. | 我找到了这卷录像带 |
[26:30] | The Rockets against the Suns. | 火箭队和太阳队的比赛 |
[26:32] | ’95 playoffs, the night of May 11. | ’95年最后决赛,五月十一号晚 |
[26:36] | Okay. | 好的 |
[26:37] | During the broadcast of the game, around 9:30 p.m., | 在比赛的播放过程中,晚上9:30左右 |
[26:40] | they show the crowd outside the stadium. | 他们播了在体育馆外面的人群的场面 |
[26:43] | Owen Butler is in that crowd. | Owen Butler就在人群中 |
[26:46] | Lee… he couldn’t have been at Clancy Donovan’s apartment. | Lee… 他不可能在Clancy Donovan的公寓里 |
[26:49] | He couldn’t have been anywhere near there. | 他甚至不可能在那附近 |
[26:52] | Okay. You say so. | 对,你说得对 |
[26:54] | I don’t know what to tell you. | 我不知道跟你说什么好 |
[26:56] | I never said I could ID him on that fire escape. | 我从来没有肯定地说在安全通道的那个人就是他 |
[26:58] | I mean, it’s really the gun that put him away. | 我是说, 是那把枪把他送进监狱的 |
[27:01] | I didn’t have anything to do with that. | 不关我的事 |
[27:03] | The man is innocent, Lee. | 这个人是无辜的,Lee. |
[27:06] | Innocent? | 无辜的? |
[27:07] | Really? | 是吗? |
[27:11] | Sorry, “innocent” is the last thing Owen Butler is. | 对不起, “无辜”是最后对Owen Butler的定论 |
[27:15] | Did he kill a small-time drug dealer named Clancy Donovan? | 是他杀了那个名叫Clancy Donovan的毒犯吗? |
[27:18] | Maybe… | 可能是… |
[27:20] | maybe not. | 可能不是 |
[27:21] | But innocent? | 但是无辜? |
[27:23] | I beg to differ. | 我不同意 |
[27:25] | I know what he is. | 我知道他是干什么的 |
[27:27] | I know what he is capable of. | 我知道他能干出什么 |
[27:29] | But that’s not the way the system works. | 但这不是司法系统工作的方式 |
[27:32] | Don’t lecture me. | 不要教训我 |
[27:41] | So, you can prove that Owen Butler was at the Suns game on May 11, 1995. | 所以你能证明Owen Butler1995年5月11号在太阳队比赛现场 |
[27:45] | That’s cool, Allison. | 不错呀, Allison. |
[27:48] | That’s great. | 那很好 |
[27:51] | Now do you think you can tell me where Samantha Robinson might have been that night? | 那么现在你觉得你可以告诉我 那晚Samantha Robinson在哪儿吗? |
[27:55] | Whatever was left of her? | 她留下的任何东西? |
[27:57] | What hole he stuck her in? | 他把她埋在哪个洞里? |
[27:59] | What garbage dump? What meat grinder he ran her through? | 哪个垃圾站? 还是把她扔进了哪个磨肉机? |
[28:01] | What tree chipper he fed her four-year-old body into? | 他用什么切割机把她四岁的尸体肢解了? |
[28:06] | Was she the little girl? | 她是个小女孩儿? |
[28:08] | In the back seat of the car? | 在后车座? |
[28:13] | You were the cop. | 你就是那个巡警? |
[28:14] | You pulled them over. | 你把他们放过去了 |
[28:17] | You saw her in the back seat. | 你看见她在后车座 |
[28:21] | He said they were coming home from the circus. | 他说他们正从马戏团赶回家 |
[28:24] | I believed him… | 我相信了他… |
[28:26] | and I wished him a good night. | 我还祝他有个愉快的夜晚 |
[28:31] | About an hour and a half later, she was reported missing. | 一个半小时后, 他被报告失踪 |
[28:34] | Her mother had gone upstairs to check on her. The window was open. | 她妈妈到楼上看她,发现窗户是打开的 |
[28:39] | I didn’t know anything till the next day at roll call. | 我什么都不知道直到第二天看见登记表 |
[28:43] | They passed around her picture. | 他们到处散发她的照片 |
[28:47] | I actually measured. | 我也打量过 |
[28:50] | When I was leaning in his car window, I was two and a half feet away from her. | 当我站在他车窗旁 我离她只有两步半的距离 |
[28:54] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[28:56] | I gave them the plate number. | 我给了他们牌照号 |
[28:57] | Turned out the car was stolen. | 结果那是辆赃车 |
[28:59] | We didn’t even have a name on the guy. | 我们甚至不知道那个人的名字 |
[29:02] | They put me with a sketch artist. | 他们根据我的描述画了一张草图 |
[29:06] | The whole state was on alert | 全国都在通缉他 |
[29:08] | for days… | 很多天… |
[29:10] | but… | 但是… |
[29:16] | Visited her folks a couple of times. Did what I could to keep the case alive. | 他的家人来拜访了几次 询问我案子进行的情况 |
[29:19] | But I was a patrolman, a beat cop. | 但是我是个巡警,只是负责巡逻一个地区 |
[29:23] | A year went by, 18 months. | 一年过去了,18个月过去了 |
[29:25] | Never found the girl. | 没有找到那个小女孩 |
[29:26] | Never found the body. | 也没找到尸体 |
[29:30] | Then one day, I’m walking by this Laundromat… | 有一天,我路过一家自助洗衣店… |
[29:35] | He was trying to jimmy open a change machine with a screwdriver. | 他正试图用一个螺丝起子敲开一个零钞机 |
[29:39] | And I thought… | 我想… |
[29:41] | “Don’t blow this. | “不要管这件事 |
[29:43] | Don’t blow this hauling him in for petty theft. | 不要为这种小偷小摸的罪行把他扔进监狱 |
[29:45] | He’ll just get out in two days, and you’ll never see him again.” | 他两天之后就可以出狱了 那样你就再也看不见他了” |
[29:49] | And I started following him around. | 于是我就开始监视他 |
[29:53] | Learning everything about him. | 熟知他的一切 |
[29:57] | Waiting for him to do something. | 等着他犯点什么事 |
[29:59] | Anything. | 任何事 |
[30:03] | Then, one day… | 然后,有一天… |
[30:07] | I answered a shots-fired call. | 我接到了一个枪击事件的电话 |
[30:12] | Guy had blown his own head off. I was the first one there. | 有人把他的头打开了花。我是第一个到现场的 |
[30:15] | It was a gift. | 真是天赐良机 |
[30:17] | It was Providence. | 是天意 |
[30:19] | So, you put the gun in his car. | 所以,你把枪放到了他车里 |
[30:21] | Then you made an anonymous tip, to be sure they’d find it. | 然后你打了个匿名电话,保证他们能找到 |
[30:26] | And I’d do it again. | (即使现在)我也会那么做 |
[30:30] | And you know what? | 你知道吗? |
[30:33] | So would you. | (换作是你)你也会的 |
[30:36] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[30:37] | You’re not the only mind reader in the room. | 你不是这个房间里唯一一个能看透他人心思的人 |
[30:44] | So, do whatever you have to do with your tape. | 所以,关于你的带子 你想怎么处理就怎么处理吧 |
[30:47] | Do what you can live with. | 做你能感到安心的事 |
[30:51] | Me? | 我? |
[30:53] | I’m sleeping just fine. | 我现在可以安心的睡觉了 |
[31:39] | Place looks decent enough. | 摆脱你装得得体大方一些 |
[31:42] | No thanks to you, I’m sure. | 我知道,不用谢你 |
[31:44] | I can’t do this right now. | 我现在不想和你计较 |
[31:46] | Well, you’re going to have to deal with it soon. | 噢,你马上就要处理这件事了 |
[31:48] | You’ve botched this thing so badly. | 你把这件事搞得一团糟 |
[31:52] | She actually thinks that you need her here. | 她确实觉得你需要她在这儿 |
[31:54] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[31:55] | Why? What’d you do? | 为什么? 你做了什么? |
[31:57] | I don’t smell anything. | 我什么都没做 |
[31:58] | No, I mean… what have I botched? | 不,我是说… 我做了什么? |
[32:01] | Well, let’s start with everything. | 噢,现在我们把所有事说清楚 |
[32:04] | The whole reason that I gave you that heads-up | 我给你那个警告是为了 |
[32:07] | was so that you could nip this thing in the bud. | 让你把这件事扼杀在萌芽状态 |
[32:09] | Make it clear to her that her future it, it’s not here, picking up after you. | 让她搞清楚,她的未来不在这儿,依赖于你 |
[32:15] | It’s back home in Grosse Pointe. | 而是在Grosse Pointe的家 |
[32:17] | That’s where she belongs. | 那才是她属于的地方 |
[32:20] | You’re the one who told me that she was lonely. | 是你告诉我她很孤单的 |
[32:25] | And she is. | 她确实也是 |
[32:28] | But that’s because she hasn’t met that clown yet. | 那是因为她还没有碰见小丑 |
[32:33] | Wait a second. What clown? | 等一下。什么小丑? |
[32:35] | Merle. | |
[32:37] | He is this guy at the club. | 他就是那个在俱乐部的人 |
[32:40] | Widower. | 鳏夫 |
[32:41] | Loaded. | 富有的 |
[32:42] | Got a terrific backhand. | 会令人恐怖的反手击球 |
[32:45] | I’m sorry. I’m lost. | 对不起,我听不懂 |
[32:47] | Who is this guy? Is he a friend of yours? Or Marjorie’s…? | 这人是谁? 你们的一个朋友? 还是Marjorie的…? |
[32:50] | I told you. He’s just a guy. | 我告诉你,你只是一个普通人 |
[32:54] | He’s had his eye on her for a while. | 他盯上她好一阵儿了 |
[32:57] | She hasn’t figured it out yet… | 她还不知道… |
[32:59] | she will. | 她会的 |
[33:01] | Look, deep down I’m not all that crazy about him. | 听着,实际上,我对他没有那么愤怒 |
[33:05] | He’s got some ideas about things I just… | 他对事物有一些看法。我只是… |
[33:08] | don’t agree with. | 不同意 |
[33:10] | But… | 但是… |
[33:14] | he’s going to make her feel really great about herself… | 她会让她自我感觉非常良好… |
[33:18] | for a while, | 一段时间内 |
[33:21] | and she deserves that. | 她也应该得到那些 |
[33:25] | And that’s something that you can see from where you are? | 那就是你能从你的角度看到的一些事? |
[33:30] | There’s not much that you can’t see. | 你看不到的不多 |
[33:33] | Allison? | |
[33:35] | Oh, did you just get back? | 噢,你刚回来吗? |
[33:43] | Who you talking to? | 你在跟谁说话? |
[33:45] | Nobody. Just the TV. | 没有谁。是电视的声音 |
[33:48] | Are you hungry? I could heat something up. | 你饿了吗?我可以给你热点吃的 |
[33:51] | Oh, God, I was such an ass. | 噢,天哪,我真蠢 |
[33:56] | No, I’m okay. | 不用,我不饿 |
[33:59] | Well, then I’m going to bed. | 噢,我要睡觉了 |
[34:03] | Night. | 晚安 |
[34:08] | Night, Mom. | 晚安,妈妈 |
[34:10] | Night, Mom. | 晚安,妈妈 |
[34:14] | Night, honey. | 晚安,甜心 |
[34:25] | Whatcha lookin’ at in the dark? | 黑灯瞎火的,你在看什么? |
[34:31] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[34:35] | He said he knew I’d do the same thing if I was in his position. | 他说他知道如果我是他我也会这样做的 |
[34:40] | And…? | 而且…? |
[34:42] | And I think he’s right. | 而且我觉得他是对的 |
[34:46] | It’s just, I’m not in his position. | 但是,我不是他 |
[34:49] | So what are you going to do? | 那么你会怎么办? |
[34:51] | I already did it. | 我已经做了 |
[34:56] | I left the tape on Devalos’s desk. | 我把带子放在Devalos桌上了 |
[35:00] | Wait. I don’t get it. | 等一下,我没搞懂 |
[35:02] | I just left it there. | 我就把它留在那儿了 |
[35:03] | No note. | 没留便条 |
[35:05] | No explanation. | 没有解释 |
[35:07] | I figured he doesn’t need to know where it came from. | 我只是说他没有必要知道那是从哪儿来的 |
[35:12] | As far as he’s concerned, it just arrived there. | 对他来说,那件东西就在那儿 |
[35:15] | Anonymously. | 匿名的 |
[35:17] | It’ll exonerate Butler, but I won’t implicate Scanlon. | 那会证明Butler无罪 但是不会把Scanlon牵扯进来 |
[35:21] | Putting Butler out on the street is tragedy enough. | 把Butler放回到社会上就已经是悲剧了 |
[35:26] | Hurting a good man who did a bad thing | 放过坏人就等于打击好人 |
[35:30] | for reasons I completely understand… | 我知道这个道理… |
[35:33] | I don’t think I can be a part of that. | 我不想成为这(悲剧)的一部分 |
[35:38] | Yeah. | 对 |
[36:11] | We went through his W-2s, saw that he worked here. | 我们检查了他的档案 看见他在这儿工作 |
[36:15] | You’re sure you remember him? | 你确定你记得他? |
[36:16] | Oh, yeah, I remember him. | 是的,我记得 |
[36:18] | Must’ve been about, uh… ten years ago. | 肯定是,嗯… 十年前了 |
[36:20] | We were in the middle of re-sodding. | 我们正在重铺草皮 |
[36:22] | He wasn’t a bad worker at first, but then he started showing up late, | 一开始他表现得不差,但是后来经常迟到 |
[36:25] | wired on God knows what. | 很奇怪,只有上帝知道怎么回事 |
[36:27] | Had to let him go eventually. | 最后就把他开除了 |
[36:31] | What is she doing, anyway? | 她在那儿干嘛? |
[36:53] | She’s right here. | 她就在这儿 |
[37:00] | Samantha’s right here. | Samantha就在这儿 |
[37:06] | I’m grateful for Project Defender for believing in me. | 我很高兴“辩护者计划”相信我 |
[37:09] | It’s been a very long road. | 这是一条非常漫长的路 |
[37:11] | So now, I just really want to get my old life back. | 所以现在,我就想回到以前的生活 |
[37:14] | Any y’all need a landscaper, you know who to call. | 如果你们想要一个庭院设计家,你们知道找谁了 |
[37:22] | Quite a day. | 真实的一天 |
[37:23] | Quite a story. | 真实的故事 |
[37:25] | Um, I’d like to express my gratitude to District Attorney Devalos | 啊, 我想对Devalos检察官表达我的感激之情 |
[37:28] | for his cooperation and his extraordinary courage | 因为他的合作和特别的鼓励 |
[37:31] | in coming forward with the new evidence which exonerated my client, | 提供了证明我当时人的无辜的新证据 |
[37:34] | despite the fact that he was the lead prosecutor | 虽然他曾是这件案子的起诉人 |
[37:36] | who tried and convicted him in the first place. | 也是一审的时候判他有罪的人 |
[37:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:53] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[37:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:55] | Congratulations, man, I’m so happy for you. | 恭喜,我真为你高兴 |
[37:57] | I appreciate that. | 我很感激 |
[37:59] | Congratulations on your exoneration. | 祝贺你解脱了罪名 |
[38:01] | Thank you for your kind words. You’re totally welcome. | 谢谢你的祝贺。欢迎你 |
[38:03] | You’re under arrest for the murder of Samantha Robinson. | 你因涉嫌谋杀Samantha Robinson而被捕 |
[38:12] | Look at the gene pool. | 看镜头 |
[38:14] | Oh, I almost forgot something. | 哦,我差点忘了一些事 |
[38:15] | I’ll take her now. | 现在拿给她 |
[38:17] | I almost forgot. | 我差点忘了 |
[38:18] | Oh, my gosh. | 噢,天哪 |
[38:19] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[38:21] | Happy Mother’s Day, Mom. | 妈妈,母亲节快乐 |
[38:22] | Girls, look at this big box. | 女孩儿们,看看这大盒子 |
[38:25] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[38:26] | What is this? | 这是什么? |
[38:28] | Oh, my God. | 哦,我的天哪 |
[38:29] | It’s a tennis racket. | 是个网球拍 |
[38:31] | Wow. Do you even play tennis? | 哇。你会打网球? |
[38:33] | Oh, yeah. | 当然 |
[38:34] | I mean, I haven’t played since before I met your dad, | 我是说,我遇到你爸爸以前没有打过 |
[38:36] | but I used to be pretty good, actually. | 事实上我以前打得很好 |
[38:39] | Thank you, darling. | 亲爱的,谢谢你 |
[38:41] | My goodness, this is so different than the kind I used to use. | 我的上帝, 这和我以前用的完全不一样 |
[38:45] | What made you think of that? | 你怎么会想到这个? |
[38:47] | Are there any courts near you? | 你们这附近有球场吗? |
[38:48] | Oh, yeah, at the club. You know, indoor, outdoor, they’ve got it all. | 噢,是的,在俱乐部。你知道,室内,室外,都有 |
[38:51] | But frankly… | 但是坦白说… |
[38:54] | Frankly, I haven’t been there in a while because you feel | 坦白说, 我有好一阵没到那儿去过了,因为你觉得 |
[38:57] | so conspicuous being there by yourself, you know. | 你知道,你一个人去那儿有多醒目 |
[38:59] | Well, they must have some sort of round robin program, | 噢,他们应该有一些列的项目 |
[39:01] | something where they partner you up with people. | 有时他们会帮你找搭档的 |
[39:04] | Oh, sure, I’ll bet they do. | 哦,当然,我肯定他们有 |
[39:06] | Hey, come on, let’s see your serve. | 嗨,快来,让我们看看你的发球 |
[39:07] | – No, no, my serve… – Oh, yeah, yeah! | 不,不,我的发球… 噢,来吧,来吧! |
[39:10] | That’s the one thing, really. | 好吧,就只是发球 |
[39:13] | I’m not actually a very good server. | 我可不善于发球 |
[39:16] | Here, how about like this? | 这里,这样如何? |
[39:18] | That’s not your serve. | 那不是你的发球 |
[39:19] | Just take the picture, or I’ll show you my backhand! | 只是照张像, 或者我可以给你看看我的反手击球! |
[39:25] | All right. | 好吧 |
[39:26] | Girls. Go get Grandma’s bags. | 孩子们,去拿奶奶的包 |
[39:28] | We’re going to the airport right after brunch. | 早午餐后我们就去机场 |
[39:34] | Okay, now the coast is clear, um, what is it you want to talk about? | 好了,现在这儿没别人了,嗯,你想说什么? |
[39:42] | Don’t you ever miss the snow? | 你不怀念那场雪吗? |
[39:45] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[39:46] | When are you coming to Grosse Pointe? | 你去Grosse Pointe的时候? |
[39:48] | I want some of this noise around my house, | 我想我的房子里也有一些这样的欢声笑语, |
[39:51] | and I want some company when I go to the mall. | 我想有人能陪我去商场 |
[39:54] | I want to teach my granddaughters how to play tennis. | 我想教我的孙女打网球 |
[39:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
[40:00] | Wait a second. | 等一下 |
[40:10] | What? | 什么? |
[40:11] | I don’t know. You… been poring over the real estate section, | 我不知道。你…一直强调现实的情况 |
[40:15] | talking about how hard the winter was, how you miss having people around. | 说冬天有多么难过 你有多怀念身边都是人的时候 |
[40:18] | I-I got this idea in my head that you might want to… | 在我看来你可能是想… |
[40:23] | What? | 什么? |
[40:26] | Live out here? | 住在这儿? |
[40:30] | Well, you’re actually very perceptive. | 噢,你真是善解人意 |
[40:32] | Okay. I flirted with the idea in my mind. | 对,我的头脑里确实闪过这个念头 |
[40:36] | I don’t think Allison suspects, | 我觉得Allison没有察觉 |
[40:38] | but the thing is, darling– | 但是事实是,亲爱的– |
[40:40] | and don’t be offended– but… | 不要误会―但是… |
[40:44] | I like being Grandma, but not all the time. | 我喜欢当奶奶,但不是所有时候 |
[40:46] | Not yet. | 还没有(准备好) |
[40:47] | And I really like being a visitor– | 我更喜欢当个到访者– |
[40:51] | at least for now. | 至少现在是 |
[40:53] | Are you sure? | 你确定? |
[40:55] | Your feelings aren’t hurt? | 你不会难过吧? |
[41:06] | Girls, girls. Come on. | 女孩儿们,女孩儿们,快点儿 |
[41:08] | It’s okay. | 好了 |
[41:10] | Excellent service at the Hotel Dubois. | 在Dubois客栈的完美发球 |
[41:13] | Okay, everybody to the car! | 好的,所有人都上车! |
[41:14] | Do you really have to go, Grandma? | 奶奶,你真的要走吗? |
[41:16] | Can’t you stay here with us and sleep on the magic bed forever and ever? | 你就不能和我们待在一起 永远睡在魔法床上? |
[41:20] | Grandma has things to do. | 奶奶有事要做 |
[41:21] | I’ve got to get home and get my house ready for when you folks come visit me. | 我得回去准备好房间 这样你们就可以来看我了 |
[41:36] | I got it! | 我拿到了! |
[41:41] | Ah, you did okay. | 啊,你做得不错 |
[41:47] | I’m coming! | 我来了! |