时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on Medium: | |
[00:03] | I don’t know how to do it. | 我不知道要怎么开口 |
[00:06] | I don’t know how to fire these people. | 我不知道要怎么去解雇这些员工 |
[00:09] | I want to buy back my company and my idea from you. | 我想从你那买回我的公司 我的发明 |
[00:12] | The business is not for sale. | 事业是不卖的 |
[00:14] | Your idea is not for sale. You are not for sale. | 你的创意是不卖的 你也是不卖的 |
[00:20] | If you’re still interested… | 如果你仍然感兴趣的话 |
[00:22] | I’ll sell you back your company. | 我愿意把你的公司再卖给你 |
[00:25] | If you can get together a couple of million dollars, | 如果你能弄到几百万美金 |
[00:28] | we can figure out how you can pay me the balance over time. | 我们可以想想办法 让你慢慢还清剩下的费用 |
[00:31] | I’m Cynthia Keener. | 我叫Cynthia Keener |
[00:33] | I’m an investigator with Ameritips. | 我是Ameritips的调查员 |
[00:36] | I guess she’s hoping I’ll be able to help her with some of her cases. | 我猜她是想要我帮忙查她的案子 |
[00:39] | According to this,Cynthia Keener had a daughter named Suzie who went missing in 1998. | 这样看来 Cynthia Keener 有个1998年走失的女儿叫Suzie |
[00:44] | I had nothing to do with her death. | 我跟她的死没有一点关系 |
[00:45] | If you think this is over,you’re wrong. | 如果你以为这样就算结束 那你就错了 |
[00:48] | Suzie… | |
[00:49] | it was my job to stand up for her. | 保护她是我的工作 |
[00:52] | And now I finally have. | 现在我终于做到了 |
[00:54] | It’s all right,Allison. | 我没事 Allison |
[00:58] | I’ve called the authorities. | 我已经给局里打过电话 |
[01:00] | They’ll be here in a moment. | 他们马上就到 |
[01:17] | You should have that looked at. | 你该找人看看 |
[01:21] | Could leave a nasty scar. | 会留下难看的疤 |
[01:23] | You’re late. I was about to leave. | 你迟到了 我都准备走了 |
[01:26] | Oh,I’m not sure I believe that. | 我才不相信 |
[01:28] | I think you’d have waited as long as you had to. | 我觉多久你都会等 |
[01:36] | It’s all there. Unmarked bills,just like you asked. | 全部在这 没有记号的纸钞 照你的要求 |
[01:39] | No tricks. No transmitters. | 没耍花招 没放追踪器 |
[01:44] | Where’s Bethany? | Bethany在哪? |
[01:46] | Down there. | 那下面 |
[01:51] | Oh,my God. What have you done? | 天哪 你做了什么 |
[01:52] | I buried her down there an hour ago. | 一小时前我把她埋了 |
[01:55] | Figure she has maybe… | 算算她大概还剩… |
[01:56] | five or six minutes of air left. | 五六分钟的空气 |
[02:12] | Bethany! Can you hear me? | Bethany 能听到吗 |
[02:16] | Bethany! Bethany,I’m coming! | Bethany! Bethany 我来了 |
[02:20] | Bethany! Can you hear me? Can you hear me? I’m coming! | Bethany 听到我吗 能听到我吗 我来救你了 |
[02:27] | Bethany! Can you hear me? | Bethany 能听到吗 |
[03:07] | Medium Season05 Episode17 The First Bite is the Deepest | 第17集 |
[03:20] | What do you think? Professional or funereal? | 你看怎样 像专业人士还是送葬的 |
[03:27] | Definitely professional. | 绝对专业 |
[03:29] | Professional undertaker,maybe. | 也许像职业殡葬人 |
[03:33] | You know what? You look like the kind of guy I would sell a company to. | 我绝对愿意 把公司卖给你这样的人 |
[03:36] | Really? Well,that and two million dollars will get me a company. | 真的吗 好吧 这个加上两百万换来一家公司 |
[03:40] | Come on,you just need more time to get the money. | 加油 你只需要更多时间筹钱 |
[03:43] | Terry will understand that. | Terry会明白的 |
[03:44] | Today’s the deadline. | 今天是最后期限了 |
[03:45] | I mean,it’s not like I have some of the money. I don’t have any of the money. | 我不是缺一点钱 我根本没钱 |
[03:49] | And the truth is,even if I do get an extension I don’t know where I’m going to get this money from. | 事实上 就算再给我时间 我也不知道该去哪弄钱 |
[03:54] | Which tie? | 哪条好? |
[03:56] | Earth to Allison. | 醒醒 Allison |
[04:00] | no. N-No tie. Neither one. Too much. | 不 不要领带 哪条都不要 多余的 |
[04:03] | That’s why I married you. | 娶你真是娶对了 |
[04:05] | What are so taken with on my computer there? | 你在我电脑前面忙什么哪 |
[04:08] | I had a dream last night about Cynthia Keener. | 我昨晚梦见Cynthia Keener了 |
[04:11] | A “woman in prison” kind of dream? | “监狱里的女人”之类的梦? |
[04:14] | No. No,it was something that took place a while ago, | 不 不是 是很久以前发生的事 |
[04:17] | and I just found this old newspaper article that makes it look like it actually happened. | 我发现了这张旧报纸上的照片 看起来这事真实发生过 |
[04:22] | Do you want to share? | 想说来听听吗 |
[04:23] | – Do you really care? – No. | – 你真想听吗 – 不想 |
[04:25] | Fine,then ignore me. | 那好 无视我吧 |
[04:32] | My name’s Allison Dubois. This is actually the third time that I’ve called. | 我叫Allison Dubois 这是我第三次打电话了 |
[04:35] | I’m trying to arrange a… | 我想要安排… |
[04:36] | a visit with a prisoner that you have there. | 跟你们那一个囚犯见面 |
[04:38] | Her name’s Cynthia Keener. | 她叫Cynthia Keener |
[04:42] | Yeah,I am calling from a city phone,but this is not official business. | 对 我从地检打的电话 但不是公事 |
[04:45] | You don’t understand my wife! | 你不知道我老婆是什么样的人 |
[04:46] | She checks in with me three times a day; I haven’t heard from her! | 她一天要查三次岗 但我今天没有她的任何消息 |
[04:51] | – I’m a taxpayer! – I see… | – 我是纳税人 – 我知道了… |
[04:52] | This is a crime! | 这是犯罪 |
[04:57] | Look,all I know is,my wife has been missing for 12 hours,and nobody is doing a damn thing. | 听着 我只知道 我老婆失踪 已经12小时 而你们屁事都没做 |
[05:02] | – Mr. Sipes? – Mr. Sipes,what? | – Sipes先生 – Sipes先生干嘛 |
[05:03] | It’s standard police procedure to wait 36 hours before filing a missing… | 警局的标准程序是失踪 36小时后才能立案 |
[05:06] | Don’t talk to me about 36 hours! | 别跟我说什么36小时 |
[05:09] | If I’d have backed you in the election, | 如果我选举时支持的是你 |
[05:10] | I am sure that the National Guard would be out there right now looking for Amy. | 我肯定国民警卫队 现在已经出发寻找Amy了 |
[05:23] | Okay. I understand. So,I’ll just… I’ll just wait for your call. | 好 我明白了 那么 我… 我等你电话 |
[05:28] | Let me give you my cell number. | 我给你我的电话号码 |
[05:31] | Yeah,come in. | 进来 |
[05:35] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[05:37] | you mean that little scene just now? I’ve been through worse. Just not lately. | 你是说刚才那事儿? 我见过更坏的 不过已经很久了 |
[05:42] | Who was that man? | 那个男人是谁 |
[05:43] | I thought you knew. That was Christopher Sipes. | 我以为你知道 他就是Christopher Sipes |
[05:46] | Why do I know that name? | 为什么我该知道这个名字 |
[05:48] | He’s become a pretty big player in downtown Phoenix real estate the last few years. | 过去几年他成了 Phoenix市区地产大亨 |
[05:51] | Has his name on a lot of buildings,or on the signs in front of buildings. | 很多大楼或者大楼前的 标志上都有他的名字 |
[05:55] | A real rags to riches story. | 一个真正的发财神话 |
[05:57] | Although making a lot of money hasn’t made him any nicer. | 虽然这么多钱也不能让他脾气好点 |
[06:00] | Oh,and here’s a shock. His wife disappeared,or so he says. | 他很激动 他老婆失踪了 反正他是这么说 |
[06:03] | You think otherwise? | 你觉得有问题? |
[06:06] | You’re right. Why would anyone leave the charming Mr. Sipes and not tell him where they’re going? | 没错 怎么会有人一声不吭 就离开迷人的Sipes先生? |
[06:11] | Nonetheless,I’m going to ask Detective Scanlon to run her license plates, | 尽管如此 我还是会叫 Scanlon警探查查她的车牌 |
[06:15] | and check her credit cards,do whatever we can until the police can launch an official search. | 和信用卡记录 尽我们的力 直到警察开展正式调查 |
[06:20] | Is there anything I can do? | 我能帮什么忙吗 |
[06:27] | Hello? | 你好? |
[06:28] | You have a colct call from an inmate at the Arizona State Women’s Correctional Facility. | 您有个来自亚利桑那州女子监狱的付费电话 |
[06:31] | To accept the call,please press “one.” | 接电话请按” 1″ |
[06:35] | You don’t want to see me. | 你不会想见我 |
[06:37] | Cynthia. | |
[06:38] | It’s not like I have a lot of great stories to tell. | 我可没有多少故事讲 |
[06:41] | Sun comes up. Sun goes down. | 日出 日落 |
[06:43] | I know because I watch the shadows travel across my cell wall all day. | 我看着阴影掠过我的囚房 从这头到那头 |
[06:48] | Now you know everything. Why don’t you save yourself the trip? | 现在你什么都知道了 干嘛不省省 别多跑路? |
[06:51] | I had a dream about you last night. | 我昨晚梦见你了 |
[06:53] | Was it good? Do I get out of here? Lie. Give me hope. | 是好梦吗 梦见我出去了吗 说谎也好 给我个希望 |
[06:57] | I’m not going to tell you. Not unless you let me come and see you. | 我不会告诉你 除非你让我见你 |
[07:14] | – Sorry I’m late. – It’s fine. | – 抱歉我来迟了 – 没关系 |
[07:17] | Actually,I’m not going to be able to eat. | 事实上我不想吃东西 |
[07:19] | I only have a few minutes. | 我只有几分钟时间 |
[07:25] | You look anxious. | 你很焦虑 |
[07:26] | No,no… Well,maybe a little. | 没 不是…好吧 也许有点 |
[07:30] | It’s gone,Joe. I sold it. | 公司没有了 Joe 我卖掉了 |
[07:36] | That deadline wasn’t one I picked arbitrarily. | 这最后期限并不是我随意定的 |
[07:39] | I need to get your venture off my books. I explained that to you. | 我跟你解释过了 我得排除你买不下公司的风险 |
[07:44] | I felt I owed you the opportunity to buy the company, | 我知道该给你机会买下公司 |
[07:47] | and had you been able to come up with the money,I’d have happily sold it to you,but… | 如果你拿得出钱 我很愿意 把公司卖给你 但是… |
[07:52] | here we are. | 这事儿已成定局 |
[07:54] | I didn’t have much trouble finding a buyer. | 我没花什么力气就找到了买家 |
[07:57] | You should be proud,Joe. | 你应该很自豪 Joe |
[07:59] | You’ve built an attractive little start-up. | 你创建了一个诱人的小新兴公司 |
[08:02] | Who’s the buyer? | 买家是谁? |
[08:04] | It’s an outfit called Tesseract Industrial. | 名叫Tesseract工业的公司 |
[08:07] | Out of San Diego. Coming on like gangbusters. | 在圣地亚哥外围 办得生气勃勃 |
[08:11] | It’s run by a fellow named Simon Burwell who’s been on a bit of a buying spree. | 经营这家公司的人叫Simon Burwell 他有点像在进行收购浪潮 |
[08:17] | What happens to me,Terry? | 那我会怎么样 Terry? |
[08:19] | Well,your contract is part of the sale, | 你的合同是公司转让的一部分 |
[08:21] | so it’ll be up to Tesseract to either keep you on board or pay you off. | 所以将取决于Tesseract是要继续留着你 还是给你一笔钱让你离职 |
[08:27] | Well,that’s between you and them. | 这是你和他们之间的事情 |
[08:31] | Look… | 听我说… |
[08:32] | I know how much this project meant to you,and I know how painful it must be | 我知道这个项目对你意义重大 我也知道当你意识到你可能再没机会 |
[08:37] | to realize you’re probably not going to be able to see it through to the end. | 看到它完工时是多么的痛苦 |
[08:42] | My advice to you? | 我的建议是 |
[08:44] | Get a good lawyer and make them pay through the nose when they try to settle with you. | 找一个好律师 当他们要你离开的时候 好好敲他们一笔 |
[08:49] | Money won’t get rid of all the pain,but it’ll help. | 钱不能让你摆脱所有痛苦 但是会有所帮助 |
[08:54] | Waiter? Anything he wants. | 服务员? 他点的都算在我账上 |
[09:32] | It’s wonderful to see you,too. | 见到你真是太好了 |
[09:41] | I wasn’t sure what you wanted,what you needed. | 我不确定你想要的是什么 需要的是什么 |
[09:56] | You’re going to make me the most popular girl on Block C. | 你将把我变成C区最受欢迎的人 |
[10:03] | I’ve been dreaming about this,and I don’t know why. | 我做梦梦到了这个 但是我不明白为什么 |
[10:09] | ****** | 调查员成功救出被绑架的受害者 |
[10:11] | First time I met Bethany was when I pulled her out of that grave. | 我第一次遇见Bethany是在 我把她从坟墓里拉出来的时候 |
[10:16] | I saw it. The man in the mask. The bite mark on his hand. | 我看到了 戴着面具的男人 他的手上有一个咬痕 |
[10:21] | The bite marks were courtesy of Bethany. | 那个咬痕是Bethany的恩赐 |
[10:24] | The night he buried her,she fought back. | 他埋她的那晚 她进行了反击 |
[10:26] | She sunk her teeth in real deep. | 她狠狠地咬了他一口 |
[10:29] | She wanted to hurt him,mark him permanently. | 她想伤害他 永远给他打上印记 |
[10:33] | The way he did to her. | 以其人之道还治其人之身 |
[10:35] | They never caught him,did they? | 他们没有抓到他 是不是? |
[10:38] | What about the girl? Did you keep in touch? | 那个女孩怎么样了? 你有和她联系过吗? |
[10:41] | I heard some things. Nothing good. | 我听说了一些事情 都不是好消息 |
[10:44] | The parents were quite well off,before the kidnapping. | 在绑架之前 她的父母非常有钱 |
[10:47] | The two million ransom ruined them. | 可是2百万的赎金毁了他们 |
[10:51] | The father committed suicide. | 她父亲自杀了 |
[10:53] | The mother started drinking very heavily,started taking drugs. | 她母亲开始酗酒 嗑药 |
[10:58] | She fell asleep one night behind the wheel. | 有天晚上在开车的时候睡着了 |
[11:01] | Drove off a bridge. | 从桥上翻了下去 |
[11:03] | I want to say Bethany was… 15. | 我猜当时Bethany大概… 15岁 |
[11:09] | And after that? | 在那之后呢? |
[11:11] | After that,there were more stories– foster homes,drugs… | 在那之后 发生了很多事– 寄养在别人家里 嗑药… |
[11:15] | maybe prostitution. | 也许还有卖淫 |
[11:20] | Listen,Allison. | 听着 Allison |
[11:22] | I don’t know why you’re asking me all these questions. | 我不知道为什么你要问我这些问题 |
[11:25] | I don’t know why this girl is in your dreams. | 我不知道为什么这个女孩会出现在你的梦里 |
[11:27] | And I don’t know,for that matter,why I’m in your dreams, | 而且我也不知道 为什么我会出现在你的梦里 |
[11:30] | but I want to make one thing clear: I hate it here. | 但是有句话我想说清楚: 我讨厌这里 |
[11:35] | I hate my life. | 我讨厌我的生活 |
[11:37] | I pray every night that it’ll end. | 我每晚都在祈求结束掉这种生活 |
[11:40] | I don’t want visitors. I don’t want friends. | 我不想有人来看我 我不想要什么朋友 |
[11:44] | So,if you call me,I won’t answer the phone. | 所以如果你给我打电话 我是不会接的 |
[11:46] | And I won’t see you. | 我也不会见你 |
[11:54] | It’s my husband. | 是我丈夫 |
[11:57] | Must be nice. | 一定很不错 |
[12:01] | Bye,Allison. | 再见 Allison |
[12:04] | Thanks for the things. | 感谢你给我带来了这些东西 |
[12:12] | ****** | 请勿打扰 |
[12:17] | It’s open. | 门没锁 |
[12:32] | The concierge said you were looking for someone to show you around Phoenix. | 管理员说你想找个人带你逛逛Phoenix |
[12:38] | He thought I might know all the places you were interested in seeing. | 他觉得我可能知道 你想要去的所有地方 |
[12:51] | You in the shower? | 你在冲澡吗? |
[12:56] | – Need any help? – Nah. I’m okay. | – 需要帮忙吗? – 不用 我挺好 |
[13:01] | The donation for charity is on the nightstand. | 慈善捐款在床头柜上 |
[13:10] | Can I get you a drink? | 要我帮你倒杯酒吗? |
[13:12] | Don’t worry about me. | 不用管我 |
[13:15] | Just make yourself comfortable. | 你自己舒服地待着就行 |
[13:36] | So,uh… | 这么说… |
[13:39] | you’re my guide? | 你是我的向导? |
[13:41] | Anywhere you want to go,I’m sure I can get you there. | 你想去哪里 我都能带你去 |
[13:45] | You won’t be needing this. | 你不再需要这个了 |
[14:16] | I thought I told you. | 我想上次我已经说的很清楚了 |
[14:17] | – I had another dream. – I don’t care. | – 我做了另外一个梦 – 我不关心 |
[14:20] | For God sakes!The only freedom I have in here is the freedom to decide | 天! 我在这里的唯一自由 |
[14:24] | heether I want to see other human beings or not. | 就是能够决定我是否想见一个人 |
[14:26] | And you’ve figured out a way to take that away from me! | 但是你却要把这唯一的自由 从我手中夺走! |
[14:30] | Who do you think you’re kidding,telling them this is police business? | 你骗谁了? 告诉他们这是警察办案? |
[14:33] | This isn’t police business. | 这根本不是警察办案 |
[14:35] | No one’s died,nothing’s been stolen. | 没有人死亡 没有东西失窃 |
[14:38] | Bethany has crossed paths with her kidnapper. | Bethany偶遇了她的绑架者 |
[14:42] | Bethany recognized the bite mark on his hand. | Bethany认出了他手上的咬痕 |
[14:45] | Cynthia,I think this is why… | Cynthia 我想这就是为什么… |
[14:48] | this is why I’ve been dreaming about her. | 这就是为什么我梦到了她 |
[14:51] | I mean,she recognized him. | 她认出了他 |
[14:53] | Who’s to say he didn’t recognize her? | 谁又能说他没有认出她来呢? |
[14:56] | And if so,he couldn’t just let her walk out of the room. | 如果这样的话 他是不会让她离开那个房间的 |
[15:00] | I have been making calls all morning. | 我早上一直在打电话 |
[15:02] | She hasn’t used her credit card,her cell phone. | 她没有用过信用卡和手机 |
[15:06] | She hasn’t picked up her mail in a week. | 她一个星期都没有取过信 |
[15:12] | You know,Allison… | |
[15:16] | after you left the last time, | 在你上次离开之后 |
[15:18] | I used up all my phone privileges to try and get in touch with Bethany. | 我用光了所有的通话权 想要联系上Bethany |
[15:23] | When that didn’t work,I swapped all the stuff that you brought and bought myself some more. | 可是没联系上她 我把你带来的东西都交换成了更多的通话时间 |
[15:28] | I called every old number I had for Bethany. | 我拨打了每一个我所知道的Bethany的号码 |
[15:31] | Left messages. | 留下留言 |
[15:33] | I called every cop,every parole officer,every youth counselor. | 我打给了每一个警察 每一个假释官 每一个青少年辅导员 |
[15:41] | And,you know… | 知道吗… |
[15:44] | for those 40 minutes,it was like… | 打电话的40分钟 就像是… |
[15:47] | I wasn’t in here at all. | 我根本不在这里 |
[15:51] | Did anything come of it? | 有什么结果吗? |
[15:53] | Did you make any connections? | 你有她的任何消息吗? |
[15:57] | No. | 没有 |
[16:36] | There’s nothing left. It’s all gone,man. You guys are done! | 什么都没有剩下 都没了 伙计 你们都搬完了! |
[16:40] | It’s all gone. | 都没了 |
[16:43] | Just have the office furniture guy give me a call | 当你们到了库房算出一个价钱之后 |
[16:46] | when you get to the warehouse with a figure,all right? | 让管办公家具的哥们给我打个电话 好吧? |
[16:53] | This mine or this yours? | 这是我的还是你的? |
[16:54] | Well,that depends. Who are you? | 这得看情况 你是谁? |
[16:57] | My name is Simon Burwell. I own Tesseract Industrial. | 我叫Simon Burwell Tesseract工业是我的 |
[17:00] | You are? | 你是? |
[17:01] | My name’s Joe Dubois. That’s yours. | 我叫Joe Dubois 那是你的了 |
[17:04] | Just make sure you turn off all the lights when you’re done. | 你们搬完之后要确保把所有的灯都关了 |
[17:07] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪? |
[17:08] | Oh,I’ve been told I have to hire a really good lawyer | 有人告诉我得请一个好律师 |
[17:10] | so I can make you pay through the nose when you try to settle with me. | 这样我就可以在 你要我走的时候好好敲上你一笔 |
[17:15] | What if I don’t want to settle with you? | 如果我不想让你离开呢? |
[17:17] | What if I want to honor your contract,have you work for me? | 如果我想保留你的合同 让你为我工作呢? |
[17:25] | My wife put you up to this? | 我老婆付钱让你来的吧? |
[17:29] | I mean,frankly,I could hire a mediocre engineer at half what you’re going to cost me | 坦率的说 我本可以只花一半的钱 雇一个平庸的工程师 |
[17:33] | to see this project through to market, | 完成这个项目推向市场 |
[17:34] | but I’d rather have a great engineer. | 但我更愿意雇一个优秀的工程师 |
[17:38] | You know,I’d rather have the guy who cooked the whole thing up. | 我更愿意雇佣创造了这一切的人 |
[17:41] | I hear a “but” in there. Where’s the “but”? | 我听到了”但是”的意味 但是什么? |
[17:43] | No,no. No “buts.” None of consequence,anyways. | 不 没有”但是” 不管怎样 不计后果 |
[17:47] | How do you feel about the ocean? | 你觉得海洋怎么样? |
[17:49] | You’re going to drown me if I don’t come work for you? | 要是不为你工作 你就要溺死我? |
[17:53] | We’re in San Diego,Joe. We’re all in San Diego. It’s beautiful. | 我们公司在圣地亚哥 Joe 一切都在圣地亚哥 那是个好地方 |
[17:58] | You know,it’s where we started,and it’s,uh,it’s where we’re staying, | 一开始从那里起家 当然也要在那里经营了 |
[18:01] | and it’s where you gotta be if you want to stay with your baby. | 如果想跟你的孩子一起住的话 最好就是去那里了 |
[18:04] | I’ve got a daughter who’s halfway through high school. | 我有个女儿在上高中 |
[18:07] | My wife works for the local DA. | 我妻子为地方检察院工作 |
[18:09] | We have great schools. | 我们那边有很多名校 |
[18:11] | I don’t know what kind of work your wife does,but if she’s good, | 我不知道你妻子做哪种工作 但如果她做的好 |
[18:13] | we could throw our weight around,we could make some calls. | 我们可以为她拉拉关系 打几个电话 |
[18:16] | We’re a big presence in San Diego. | 我们的名气红遍圣地亚哥 |
[18:19] | It’s not that simple. | 没那么简单 |
[18:20] | It is. | 就很简单 |
[18:22] | We’ll buy your house here. We’ll help you find a house there. | 我们会买下你这里的房子 然后再那边再帮你找一栋 |
[18:25] | You know,we do this all the time. | 我们经常这么干 |
[18:28] | Did I mention the ocean? | 我有没有提到过海洋? |
[18:31] | Special delivery for Mrs. Dubois. | Dubois夫人的快递 |
[18:35] | What’s this? | 是什么? |
[18:36] | It’s all the files on the Bethany Simmons’ kidnap from 11 years ago; | 11年前Bethany Simmons绑架案的资料 |
[18:39] | I thought maybe you’d want to look through those. | 也许你想先过目一下 |
[18:42] | Thanks. I appreciate this. | 多谢了 我对此很感激 |
[18:44] | I appreciate all of this,especially knowing how busy you are running around looking for that hothead, | 感激一切 尤其是你不辞辛劳地 找寻那个脾气暴躁的 |
[18:50] | Christopher Sipes’ wife. | Christopher Sipes的妻子 |
[18:51] | Manny didn’t tell you? | Manny没告诉你吗? |
[18:54] | All that went away. | 那案子被撤了 |
[18:56] | Ol’ hothead phoned this morning. Turns out the wife’s okay. | 今早那个”爆脾气”打电话来 说他老婆没事了 |
[18:59] | She called him last night from a resort in Ixtapa,Mexico. | 她昨晚从墨西哥 伊斯塔帕的度假村打电话来 |
[19:03] | Just felt the two of them need a little break. | 说他们俩都要冷静下 |
[19:05] | Are you saying that this woman left the country without telling her husband? | 你是说这女人不打声招呼就出国了? |
[19:09] | That so hard to believe? You met the guy. | 有那么不可理喻吗? 你也见过这个男的 |
[19:11] | Frankly,I think she showed remarkable restraint by staying in the same hemisphere. | 坦白说 她能呆在同一半球 就已经很不容易了 |
[19:20] | Hello? I’m home. | 有人吗? 我回来了 |
[19:23] | It’s about time. Your dinner’s in the fridge. | 你总算回来了 你的晚餐在冰箱里 |
[19:27] | Where’ve you been? I was about to send out the Phoenix Mounties. | 你去哪里了? 我差点就去报警了 |
[19:30] | Mm,bookstore. | 去了书店 |
[19:37] | Who went to the Grand Canyon? | 谁去科罗拉多大峡谷了? |
[19:39] | Nobody we know. | 不是我们认识的人 |
[19:43] | “I have your daughter. “I will return her in exchange for $2 million. | “我抓了你女儿” “交出两百万赎回你女儿 |
[19:47] | Contact the police and she will die.” | 敢报警 就等着见尸” |
[19:50] | Yeah,ransom note. Pretty cute,huh? | 勒索信 搞得那么花哨 |
[19:53] | 11 years ago,Bethany Simmons’ kidnapper sent this note to her parents. | 11年前 绑匪把这封信 寄给Bethany Simmons的父母 |
[19:58] | The police recovered a partial fingerprint,but they could never figure out who it belonged to. | 警方恢复了部分指纹 但依旧找不出是谁的 |
[20:02] | – So he just got away with $2 million? – Yup. | – 那他轻易就拿到了两百万? – 没错 |
[20:08] | What did you get,a set of encyclopedias? | 你买了什么 百科全书吗? |
[20:17] | What’s with all these books on San Diego? | 买这么多关于圣地亚哥的书干嘛? |
[20:20] | I met my new boss today. | 我今天碰见了新上司 |
[20:24] | What do you want me to say? | 你叫我说什么? |
[20:25] | Well,I don’t know,Allison. What do you want me to say? | 我不知道 Allison 你叫我说什么? |
[20:27] | A guy offers me a job doing something that I desperately want to do | 有人向我提供了 我渴求已久的工作 |
[20:31] | at a time in history when no one,no one is getting offered any kind of a job. | 以前可从来没有人 没有人能得到这么好的机会 |
[20:35] | And,yeah,holy crap,there’s a little,you know, | 天啊 是有那么点… |
[20:37] | there’s some inconvenience and there’s,you know,some sacrifice involved. | 有那么点不便 肯定要做出点牺牲的 |
[20:41] | No,you’re right,you’re right. All right,you know,I’m sorry I brought it up. | 好吧 你是对的 是我提起的 我道歉 |
[20:44] | Come on,that’s not fair. | 拜托 那不公平 |
[20:46] | I mean,Ariel’s going to be a junior next year. She’s going to be… | 明年Ariel就要高二了 她马上就要… |
[20:49] | she’s going to be applying for college in two years. | 再过两年就要申请大学了 |
[20:51] | Okay,you’re not saying anything that I didn’t say. | 你说的我都提到过了 |
[20:53] | And,you know,I have a job,too. | 你知道我也有工作 |
[20:55] | Do you think I forgot? | 你以为我没讲吗? |
[20:57] | He said he’d help with that. | 他说他可以帮忙的 |
[21:03] | That’s what I did. | 该说的都说了 |
[21:06] | I just… I don’t think that we can just say “no.” | 我只是…难以拒绝 |
[21:11] | I mean,it might be a beautiful,grand,wonderful adventure. | 那将是一次豪华的美妙奇遇 |
[21:16] | New house. New climate. New friends. | 新房子 新气象 新朋友 |
[21:21] | There are worse things. | 有更坏的事 |
[21:24] | No. I hear that. | 不要说 我知道 |
[21:26] | I just… I want you to sleep on it. I mean,Iwant to sleep on it. | 那…我们明天再谈吧 我是说 我想明天再谈 |
[21:36] | That’s right,Mr. Devalos,I,uh,I just got off the phone with her. | 好的 Devalos先生 我刚跟她通过电话 |
[21:40] | Mexico. Ixtapa. What did she say? | 墨西哥 伊斯塔帕 她说了什么啊? |
[21:44] | She said that she need a little bit of time to think about us,think about our marriage. | 她说她还需要点时间考虑 考虑我们的婚姻 |
[21:52] | I don’t know. My head is spinning. I’m upset. | 我不知道 我脑子很乱 很烦 |
[21:56] | I’m embarrassed. | 真不好意思 |
[21:58] | I know,I made an ass of myself in your office. | 我在你办公室里太冲动了 |
[22:03] | No,no. You have nothing to be sorry for. | 不 不 你不要感到内疚 |
[22:06] | I… apologize. | 我该…道歉 |
[22:07] | ****** | 我抓了你妻子 快拿100万交换 要是敢报警 就等着收尸 |
[22:12] | I guess the important thing is,um… | 我认为重要的是… |
[22:16] | my wife’s just fine. | 我妻子安然无恙 |
[22:29] | a second. Now you’re telling me that Christopher Sipes’ wife,Amy,has been kidnapped? | 等一下 你说Sipes的妻子Amy被绑架了? |
[22:34] | Yes,sir. And I’m almost certain that she was taken by the same man | 是的 我差不多肯定 她是被11年前 |
[22:36] | who abducted Bethany Simmons 11 years ago. | 曾绑架过Bethany的人干的 |
[22:40] | The ransom note is almost identical to this one. | 两封勒索信几乎雷同 |
[22:43] | And not only that. | 不仅如此 |
[22:44] | I think that the kidnapper may have recently crossed paths with Bethany Simmons. | 我觉得绑匪最近 又碰见了Bethany Simmons |
[22:49] | I think he recognized her. | 我认为他认出她来了 |
[22:51] | And I think he did something terrible to her. | 他可能对她做出了不利的事 |
[22:53] | Well,this is all very interesting,Allison,except for one thing. | 很有趣 Allison 除了有一事 |
[22:57] | Christopher Sipes has never contacted us about any kidnapping. | 没有报警说有绑架事件 |
[23:01] | Of course not. He’s afraid to. | 当然没有了 他被威胁了 |
[23:03] | Read that card again. | 你再读读那信 |
[23:08] | “Contact the police and she will die.” | “要是敢报警 就等着收尸” |
[23:11] | This is ridiculous. Amy is fine. I discussed this with you yesterday. | 荒唐 Amy很安全 我昨天才跟你谈过 |
[23:14] | She’s-she’s in Mexico. | 她…她在墨西哥 |
[23:16] | And we heard you,but if,by chance,she wasn’t fine, | 我们知道 但如果她出了意外呢 |
[23:20] | if,by chance,there was something else going on… | 如果发生了什么不幸… |
[23:23] | Well,there’s nothing else going on,other than she’s looking for a little bit of peace, | 一切正常 她只是想冷静一下 |
[23:26] | little bit of solitude. | 想独处一阵子 |
[23:28] | Then would you mind terribly if we contacted her,just to confirm that? | 那你介不介意我们打个电话给她 以确认无误? |
[23:31] | Yeah. In fact,I would. | 我当然介意了 |
[23:34] | The woman wants to be left alone. | 她不想被人打搅 |
[23:38] | She’s trying to decide whether or not she wants to be married to me,all right? | 她在考虑要不要跟我离婚 行不? |
[23:42] | So,I think you two would understand that I don’t want to upset her. | 你们应该理解我不想去烦她 |
[23:44] | I don’t want to jeopardize that. | 我不想毁了我们的婚姻 |
[23:47] | If you’d like,when she get back,I’ll have her call your office. | 可以的话 在她回来之后 我会打电话到你办公室 |
[23:52] | So… | 所以… |
[23:54] | Unless there’s anything else,you guys… | 没事的话 你们… |
[23:56] | Actually,there is. | 准确地说 有 |
[23:57] | We don’t believe that your wife is spending time alone. | 我们不相信你妻子在度假 |
[23:59] | We think she may have been abducted. | 我们觉得她被绑架了 |
[24:01] | We think the man who took her may have kidnapped someone else. | 绑架她的那个人 以前也绑架过别人 |
[24:04] | Mr. Sipes,if you won’t involve the authorities with your wife’s case, | Sipes先生 如果您不想与我们合作 |
[24:07] | then it’s far less likely we’ll ever know what happened to this other victim. | 至少我们想知道其他受害者的下落 |
[24:11] | I’m sorry to hear that,but what do you want me to say? | 我也很难受 但你想让我提供什么? |
[24:15] | My wife is not missing. | 我妻子没有失踪 |
[24:18] | So there’s no case in which to involve you. | 所以也就没你们的事了 |
[24:25] | I’m home. You want to hear something weird? | 我回来了 想不想听听新鲜事? |
[24:28] | I want to the pizza store and they were all out of pizza. | 披萨店的披萨卖光啦 |
[24:32] | He gave me this empty pizza box to take home so I would stop crying. | 店员只给了个空盒子 想封住我的嘴 |
[24:39] | Look,he tricked me! | 哎呀 他骗我的! |
[24:40] | That’s not funny. Bad Mommy,right? | 不好笑 妈妈真坏 噢? |
[24:43] | Ooh,bad Mommy! | 妈妈真坏! |
[24:46] | Hey,honey,where’s Ariel and your daddy? | Ariel和爸爸呢? |
[24:48] | Well,Ariel’s in her room,and well,Daddy’s packing for California. | Ariel在房里 爸爸在收拾东西 准备去加州 |
[24:55] | Daddy’s going to California? | 爸爸要去加州? |
[25:00] | California? I thought we had this conversation. | 加州? 这事儿不是谈妥了么 |
[25:03] | Well,we said we’d sleep on it,right? | 昨晚说的是边睡边想 对吧? |
[25:06] | Okay,so how did you sleep? | 那你想得怎么样? |
[25:08] | I slept pretty soundly,actually pretty good. | 我睡得很香 |
[25:09] | I woke up pretty much convinced it didn’t make a lot of sense to work for a company | 醒来后觉得 如果公司设在圣地亚哥 |
[25:13] | that was based in San Diego. | 我就不该去 |
[25:15] | I mean,not if they were going to make me work there,too. You know? | 我要是过去了 |
[25:17] | ‘Cause we got our roots here and the kids and the family and your job and all that,so… | 小孩老婆都得动 我们的根在这里 |
[25:23] | Okay,that’s kind of how I slept,too. | 这也就是我的想法 |
[25:25] | So why are you going to California? | 那还去加州干什么? |
[25:26] | ‘Cause this guy Simon Burwell called me. | 这个叫Simon Burwell的家伙来了个电话 |
[25:29] | I guess he didn’t sleep as soundly as we did. | 估计他昨晚睡得没我们这么好 |
[25:32] | Well,he didn’t call. His office called. | 其实不是他打的 是他的公司 |
[25:34] | I guess he’s,you know,he’s got a proposition for me. | 我猜是他想跟我商量个提议 |
[25:37] | He wants to buy me lunch tomorrow in San Diego. | 顺便在圣地亚哥吃顿中饭 |
[25:41] | He sent me,you know,a first – class ticket and everything. | 机票什么的他出 头等舱 |
[25:44] | Okay,but if you’re not interested… | 可你不是没兴趣么… |
[25:46] | See,that is the difference between you and me. | 这就是咱俩的不同了 |
[25:48] | See,I suspect a lot,but I know very little. | 我想很多 却所知甚少 |
[25:53] | It’s just a proposition. | 不过一个提议罢了 |
[25:55] | I mean,there are almost,like,no jobs out there. | 现在工作不好找啊 |
[25:58] | How do I… how do I not even listen to this guy? | 我有什么理由拒绝他呢? |
[26:03] | I made it very clear that this family is not moving. | 我已经说得很明白了 家人不动 |
[26:06] | Okay,so,just let him woo you over the phone. | 那就让他跟你电话谈好了 |
[26:08] | The whole trip is going to take,like,six hours. | 我来回总共六小时 |
[26:11] | I’ll be home before dinner. Speaking of which… | 晚饭前就能回来 对了 中饭呢… |
[26:14] | It’s in the kitchen. It’s the round thing in the square box. | 厨房里 方盒儿的 |
[26:17] | Excellent. My favorite. | 赞 我的最爱 |
[26:35] | “I buried your wife an hour ago. | 我一小时前埋了她 |
[26:37] | She has approximately five minutes of air left.” | 估计只剩五分钟的氧气了 |
[26:46] | Look,I don’t… I don’t understand. I did what you said. I brought the money. | 这是钱 我照你说的做了 为什么还要这样 |
[27:03] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你来干什么? |
[27:04] | I’m sorry. I just had to make sure I got to you before you left. | 抱歉 我只想在你出发前截住你 |
[27:07] | Left? Left for where? | 出发? 去哪? |
[27:09] | To pay the ransom. | 去付赎金 |
[27:13] | You know what I’m talking about,don’t you? | 我说什么你心里清楚 对吧? |
[27:16] | Mr. Sipes? | Sipes先生 |
[27:17] | Do you know who I am? Do you know what I do? | 你可知我是谁 干什么的? |
[27:20] | I know who you say you are. | 你说过了 |
[27:23] | I know what you purport to be. | 还声称自己是灵媒侦探 |
[27:25] | I already saw everything that’s going to happen. | 我已经预见了即将发生的事 |
[27:28] | The spot in the desert where it all takes place. | 沙漠中那处现场 |
[27:30] | The two green duffle bags that you’re going to use to carry the money. | 用来装钱的两个绿色行李袋 |
[27:35] | The kidnapper is going to double-cross you. | 绑架犯是骗你的 |
[27:37] | When you give him those bags,he’s going to shoot you. | 交完钱他就会射死你 |
[27:40] | And he’s going to leave your wife there to die. | 然后让你妻子在地下闷死 |
[27:43] | Please,let me help you. Call my boss. | 通知我上司 坦白一切 |
[27:46] | Tell him everything you know. | 让我们来帮助你 |
[27:49] | Do you know what I do for a living,Mrs. Dubois? | 那你可知我的职业? |
[27:51] | I buy and I sell real estate. | 我是搞房地产的 |
[27:54] | I do it without lawyers,without bankers,without brokers. Just me. | 不要律师 不要银行家中间人 单枪匹马就我一个 |
[27:59] | Staring into the eyes of whoever it is I’m doing business with. | 直视对方的双眼 |
[28:03] | And that’s what got me here. | 我才有了今天 |
[28:05] | Now,I’m not admitting that someone has taken my wife. | 我可没说我妻子被绑架了 |
[28:09] | But if someone ever did… | 可即便如此… |
[28:12] | I’d look them in the eye,ask them what they wanted, | 我也会直视对方 听取索求 |
[28:16] | then make the best damn deal that I could. | 谈一场最棒的买卖 |
[28:20] | Now,maybe they’d shoot me… | 也许我会被射死… |
[28:23] | but I doubt it. | 可我对此持保留意见 |
[28:25] | It’s bad business. | 砸了生意 |
[28:28] | There’s no upside. | 对他没好处 |
[28:30] | But you wouldn’t understand that. | 你是不会了解的 |
[28:35] | That’s why I live in this big house and you drive that piece of crap that you do. | 正因如此 你才会开着那辆破铜烂铁 而我锦衣玉食 |
[28:42] | Now,get off of my front porch. | 请离开我的庭院 |
[28:52] | Hello? | 喂? |
[28:53] | You have a collect call from an inmate at the Arizona State Women’s Correctional Facility. | 亚利桑那州女子教改所的一位监护犯 给您打来付费电话 |
[28:57] | To accept the call,please press “one.” | 接听请按”1″ |
[29:01] | – She called! – Bethany? | – 她打来了! |
[29:03] | Yeah. Bethany. She called. | 对 她打来的 |
[29:05] | Her parole officer gave her the message and she called. | 她接到假释官的信息就打来了 |
[29:08] | You’re kidding. What did she say? Where has she be? | 真的啊 她说什么? 她去哪儿了? |
[29:11] | Off the wagon,doing drugs,worse. | 酗酒 嗑药等等 |
[29:13] | She wanted me to know she was on top of it. | 她想传达从良的意思 |
[29:16] | She started meetings yesterday. | 说昨天起加入了康复聚会 |
[29:18] | She’s 24 hours clean and sober and she sounded pretty positive. | 现在全天候整洁清醒 情绪乐观 |
[29:22] | Well,that’s great. | 真棒 |
[29:24] | I told her that,um,if she,uh,you know,felt like coming by,I’d like to see her. | 我对她说 如果愿意来 我想见她 |
[29:30] | And,um,same goes for you,if,you know, | 我也想对你说 如果… |
[29:36] | you’d like to drop by and visit. | 如果你愿意来 |
[29:39] | – Of course. – Okay. I got to go. | – 当然 – 好 我得挂了 |
[29:43] | Oh,Cynthia. Thanks for calling. | Cynthia 谢谢你打给我 |
[29:47] | Yeah,okay. Bye. | 再见 |
[29:53] | Mr. Burwell. | Burwell先生 |
[29:55] | – Sorry. Am I late? – No,no. No,you’re early. | – 抱歉 我是不是迟到了? – 没没没 你早到了 |
[29:57] | – Oh,good. – I’m just earlier. | – 哦 – 我更早罢了 |
[29:59] | Okay. | 嗯 |
[30:01] | – Please call me Simon. – Simon. Thank you. | – 请称我Simon – Simon 成 |
[30:06] | Did I mention the ocean? | 我说过这儿濒临太平洋吗? |
[30:10] | I just,uh… | 主要是… |
[30:12] | I don’t know how I’m going to make this work. | 我不知怎么办 |
[30:15] | – It’s a family thing,right? – Yeah. | – 因为家里? – 对 |
[30:17] | Moving? I get that. | 搬迁是吧? 明白了 |
[30:20] | I just… You know,I really hate the idea of doing this without you. | 我的确希望你能加入 |
[30:24] | I don’t know what to tell you. | 我不知该说什么 |
[30:27] | All right. Okay. We’re engineers. | 这样吧 咱们都是工程师 |
[30:31] | We’re supposed to be problem solvers. Solution brokers. | 是解决问题 提供点子的人 |
[30:33] | Let me… let me hit you with a potential solution. All right? | 我提一个可能方案吧? |
[30:36] | You tell me what you think. | 你听听 告诉我你的想法 |
[30:40] | Don’t leave Phoenix. | 不动窝 就留在Phoenix |
[30:41] | – My God,you’re a genius. – Yeah,hold that thought. | – 天啊 你是个天才 – 别急 |
[30:44] | What I meant to say was,um… | 我的意思是… |
[30:46] | Don’t have your family leave Phoenix. | 你的家庭留在Phoenix 他们不动 |
[30:48] | You know,they stay put. You come here. | 你过来 |
[30:50] | Like you did today. You get on a plane. You do your work. Finish your work. | 像这次一样 飞过来做完工作 |
[30:53] | You get back on a plane. | 再飞回去 |
[30:55] | – So,I would work here for,like,five days a week? – Yeah. | – 然后在这儿一周工作五天? – 没错 |
[30:58] | A lot of people do it. | 很多人都是这样的 |
[30:59] | Yeah,I know. I know a lot of people do it. I just… I don’t think that I could. | 我知道 可我就是做不来 |
[31:03] | Being a husband and a father,you know,just for weekends,I don’t think that’s going to work for us. | 为父 为夫之道都不允许我只有周末在家 |
[31:07] | I don’t think that’s going to work for me. | 我办不到 |
[31:11] | All right. Okay. Let me reengineer this. | 好 咱变通变通 |
[31:13] | What if I said I want you in San Diego three days a week? | 要不每周在圣地亚哥待三天? |
[31:16] | Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday. | 星期二 星期三 星期四 |
[31:18] | Then Monday,Friday you stay in Phoenix,telecommute from home. | 然后星期一星期五 你待在Phoenix 远程居家工作 |
[31:22] | Tesseract will pay all your travel,set you up with an apartment here. | Tesseract承担所有旅费 并且在这里提供住宿 |
[31:25] | And that way,you see your kids. See your wife. | 那样 就能陪陪孩子和妻子 |
[31:29] | And you get to finish what you started. | 你的工作也能善始善终 |
[31:32] | And… And I will still throw in the ocean. | 还有 我也会坚持到底 |
[31:39] | I’m home! | 我回来了! |
[31:41] | Daddy’s home! | 爸爸回来了! |
[31:44] | I told you I would be home before dinner. | 我说过会回来吃饭的 |
[31:47] | Hey,what’s in the bag? What’s in the bag? | 包里是什么? 包里是什么? |
[31:54] | San Diego? | 去了圣地亚哥? |
[31:56] | I got one for everyone. | 排排坐 领帽帽 |
[32:05] | You have to admit,this man is twisting himself into a pretzel to make this thing work. | 你必须承认 那个男人使尽浑身解数 来促成这件事 |
[32:09] | Okay,I admit it. Do I have to like it,too? | 好吧 我承认 你要我也那样吗? |
[32:11] | Allison,this is a chance for me to see this thing through. | Allison 这是一次迈向成功的机遇 |
[32:13] | To its completion. | 让工作圆满完成 |
[32:15] | And this means everything to me. | 这对我而言意义非凡 |
[32:17] | – No,I know that. – This could mean everything to our future. | – 我知道 – 对我们的将来更是意义重大 |
[32:21] | And it’s a chance for me to keep working. | 这也是让我事业顺利继续的机遇 |
[32:24] | I don’t think you understand how bleak it is out there. | 我想你还不了解经济有多不景气 |
[32:27] | – No,I do. – Okay,then. | – 不 我了解 – 好吧 |
[32:29] | Well,tell me that you’re okay with this. | 那就告诉我你同意这事了 |
[32:32] | I’m okay with this. | 我同意了 |
[32:33] | Really? ‘Cause you don’t look okay,Allison. | 真的吗? 可是你看起来很不同意 Allison |
[32:36] | I mean,I really… I don’t think that you truly understand. | 我是说… 我觉得你不能理解我 |
[32:38] | I understand. I understand. | 我理解 我理解 |
[32:40] | Three nights and three days,each and every week,you’re not going to be here. | 每个礼拜三天三夜 你都不在这里 |
[32:43] | And it’s… It’s not that I’m afraid that my life is going to get that much harder. | 我不是担心生活会因此变得有多艰难 |
[32:49] | I’m just sad about all the things you’re going to miss. | 而是为你将要失去的一切感到难过 |
[32:52] | The homework you’re not going to be able to help with. | 你不能帮忙做家务活 |
[32:55] | The tucking in,the kisses good night you’re not going to be able to give them. | 也不能给孩子们盖被子 给他们晚安之吻 |
[32:58] | But I get it. I get all the rest of it. | 但我可以 我可以享受其中 |
[33:01] | You have a dream. We got a mortgage to pay. I get that. | 你有远大理想 我们还要还房贷 我懂 |
[33:05] | And even though I’m sad for them,and I’m sad for me,I really am happy for you. | 即使为孩子们难过 为我自己难过 我也真心地为你高兴 |
[33:11] | You just can’t see that. | 只是你看不到 |
[33:14] | Or maybe I can’t show that to you right now,and I’m sorry about that. | 或者是我刚刚没表现出来 真是抱歉了 |
[33:25] | Are you awake? | 你醒着吗? |
[33:27] | N… No. | …没 |
[33:31] | I’ll miss you. | 我会想你的 |
[33:36] | I already miss you. | 我已经想你了 |
[33:39] | Well,that’s your own fault– I haven’t even left yet,and you’re already acting like I’m gone. | 那是你自寻烦恼 我还没走 你却搞的像我已经走了 |
[33:44] | Shut up. | 别说了 |
[33:53] | We’ll tell the kids in the morning? | 明早告诉孩子们吗? |
[33:54] | Tell the kids in the morning. | 明早告诉孩子们 |
[33:56] | And it’s good news,right? | 那可是好消息 对吗? |
[33:57] | Not the going-away part,but the job part. | 不是说要离开的事 而是说工作 |
[33:59] | Seeing something through till its finished part. | 我要接手这个工作直到顺利结束 |
[34:02] | It’s good news. | 是好消息 |
[34:05] | So,what happened with the girl,the missing girl? Did you find her? | 那个女孩怎样了 那个失踪的女孩 找到她了吗? |
[34:09] | Do you really care? | 你很在意吗? |
[34:11] | Yeah,I care– I mean,I care about you,so yeah. | 当然在意 我是说 我在意你 所以在意这事 |
[34:13] | I… I care. | 我很在意 |
[34:17] | Well,turns out she never really was missing. | 发现她根本不是失踪 |
[34:21] | I was wrong. | 我搞错了 |
[34:24] | Seems like I’m wrong about so many things lately. | 我最近似乎搞错了很多事 |
[34:43] | You all right? | 你还好吧? |
[34:45] | You look like you just saw a ghost. | 你看起来像见了鬼似的 |
[34:49] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[34:52] | You ever get that thing,um… | 你遇到过这样的事吗… |
[34:54] | where you see somebody really familiar? | 就是觉得某人很眼熟? |
[34:58] | For a second there in the dark you just looked like someone I used to know. | 有那么一瞬间 你看起来就像我的一个旧识 |
[35:04] | Somebody you like? | 一个你喜欢的人? |
[35:07] | Yeah. | 对 |
[35:09] | It was a long time ago,though. | 虽然是很久以前的事 |
[35:11] | I’m sure he wouldn’t recognize me now. | 我肯定他现在已经认不出我了 |
[35:20] | Yeah,I liked him. | 没错 我喜欢过他 |
[35:23] | I’m sure I’ll probably like you,too. | 我想我可能也挺喜欢你 |
[35:26] | Oh,I’m certain of it. | 那当然了 |
[35:33] | You know,seeing you like that,all wet,it’s kind of sexy. | 知道吗 你湿身的样子很性感 |
[35:39] | I was thinking I might need a shower,and a big,strong man to soap me up. | 我想去洗个澡 让猛男为我抹沐浴露 = =+ |
[35:46] | Yeah. Let’s do it. | 好 说干就干 |
[35:49] | How about you run on in there and get the water going,I’ll be right behind you. | 不如你先进去放水 我随后就来 |
[36:14] | Christopher Dennis Sipes. | |
[36:27] | Would you just give me a second? | 可以稍等一会儿吗? |
[36:32] | Hey,Allison. | 嘿 Allison |
[36:37] | What’s with the armed escort? | 那些狱警来干嘛? |
[36:39] | They’re for you. So’s this. | 为了找你 这也是给你的 |
[36:47] | Clothes? | 衣服? |
[36:48] | Cynthia,the dream I told you about,it happened. | Cynthia 我跟你说过的那个梦发生了 |
[36:52] | Bethany crossed paths with the man who kidnapped her. | Bethany与那个绑架过她的男人相遇了 |
[36:55] | Only he didn’t recognize her; she recognized him. | 男人没认出她 她却认出了那男人 |
[36:58] | Allison,calm down. I told you,she called,she’s fine. | Allison 冷静点 我说过 她打过电话来 她没事的 |
[37:01] | No. No,Cynthia,she is not fine. She’s in real trouble. | 不 Cynthia 她出事了 她遇到麻烦了 |
[37:05] | The reason that she called you is,she wanted you to stop asking people where she was. | 她打给你的原因是 她不想让你再找她 |
[37:09] | She didn’t want anyone to know. | 她不想让任何人知道 |
[37:11] | Know? Know what? | 知道? 知道什么? |
[37:12] | That she had decided to get even. | 她决定要找他报仇 |
[37:15] | She got his name and address. | 她找到了他的名字和地址 |
[37:17] | She kidnapped his wife. | 她绑架了她妻子 |
[37:20] | Cynthia,once this man,Christopher Sipes,makes that ransom drop, | Cynthia 一旦Christopher Sipes去交赎金 |
[37:23] | Bethany plans on shooting him and leaving his wife to die in a shallow grave. | Bethany就计划枪杀他 让她妻子死在沙堆里 |
[37:28] | I saw it,Cynthia. | 我看见了 Cynthia |
[37:31] | Look,I’m worried that he has already gone to make the drop. | 我担心他已经去交赎金了 |
[37:35] | It-it’s the perfect revenge. | 这是一个完美的复仇计划 |
[37:37] | She even has Sipes making the drop at the exact same place where he buried her, | 她甚至让Sipes在埋她的地方交赎金 |
[37:41] | in the middle of the desert,in the middle of nowhere. | 在沙漠的中间 荒无人烟的地方 |
[37:44] | And no one who worked the original case knows exactly where that was. | 原来接手那案子的人也不知道具体地点 |
[37:48] | No one really knows. | 没人知道 |
[37:50] | Except Bethany. And you. | 除了Bethany 还有你 |
[38:11] | Bethany. | |
[38:17] | Well… long time,no see. | 好久不见了 |
[38:21] | Didn’t I just call you in prison? | 我不是打去监狱找过你了吗? |
[38:23] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你来这里做什么? |
[38:27] | I had a pang of nostalgia. | 我有怀旧情结 |
[38:31] | I told the police I’d be able to lead them to a scene of a kidnapping. | 我告诉警察 我能把他们带到绑架的现场 |
[38:35] | I told them that,uh,I could get the kidnapper to come with me quietly, | 我还告诉他们 我能让绑匪乖乖跟我走 |
[38:41] | stop her from making a terrible mistake. | 阻止她犯下弥天大错 |
[38:46] | Come on,Bethany. | 来吧 Bethany |
[38:48] | You’re many things,but you’re not stupid. | 你遭遇过很多事 但你不笨 |
[38:50] | They’ve got sharpshooters all around here,behind every rock, | 他们在这里全方位部署了狙击手 每块石头后都有 |
[38:54] | just waiting for an opportunity to pull the trigger. | 都伺机等待着扣动扳机 |
[38:57] | It’s a win-win situation for them. | 对他们而言 这是个双赢的局面 |
[39:00] | As far as they’re concerned,you’ve buried a woman alive. | 他们只知道 你活埋了个女人 |
[39:04] | But we know that’s not true,don’t we? | 但我们知道那不是事实 对吗? |
[39:08] | We know you’d never let that happen,not after what happened to you. | 我们知道你没那么做 即使在遭遇了这一切之后 |
[39:17] | So give me the gun. | 把枪给我 |
[39:20] | Give me the gun and tell me where the lady is. | 把枪给我 告诉我那女人在哪里 |
[39:22] | Why are you doing this? You know that he deserves to die. | 你为什么要这么做? 你知道是他该死 |
[39:26] | Yes,and he will. But not by your hand. | 没错 他会得到报应的 但不该由你动手 |
[39:37] | You know… | 知道吗… |
[39:39] | when I shot my daughter’s killer, | 当我打死了杀我女儿的凶手 |
[39:43] | I was so certain of what I was doing. | 我对我自己的作法确信不移 |
[39:47] | But I was walking around with this big hole inside me. | 但我的心里却始终有一个大洞 |
[39:52] | And I thought if I killed her,it would all just go away. | 我以为杀了她就没事了 |
[39:56] | But you know what? | 但是你知道吗? |
[39:59] | I still miss my daughter every day. | 我还是每日每夜想念着我女儿 |
[40:04] | And I’ve still got this hole inside me. | 而我心中的洞却丝毫没有愈合 |
[40:09] | Now… give me that gun,Bethany. | 把枪给我 Bethany |
[40:14] | What about Sipes? What happens to him? | Sipes呢? 他会怎么样? |
[40:18] | Oh,he’ll get what he deserves. | 他会得到应有的报应 |
[40:22] | You know,he left a fingerprint on that ransom note that he sent to your parents, | 他在曾经寄给你父母的那张赎金上 留下了指纹 |
[40:28] | and we can match that bite mark on his hand to your teeth. | 还有 我们检验出他手上的齿印 和你的齿印吻合 |
[40:32] | It’s all over for him. | 他完蛋了 |
[40:37] | He already took your mother and your father. | 他已经害死了你的父母 |
[40:41] | Don’t give him you,too. | 别让他也害了你 |
[40:47] | That’s my girl. | 那才是好姑娘 |
[40:51] | Good girl. | 好姑娘 |
[40:57] | Good girl. | 好姑娘 |
[41:12] | Well,they just found Amy Sipes. | 他们找到Amy Sipes了 |
[41:15] | She was groggy,but she was still alive. | 她很虚弱 但还活着 |
[41:17] | She was exactly where Bethany said she’d be. | 她就在Bethany说的地方 |
[41:20] | I knew Bethany couldn’t hurt her. | 我知道Bethany不会伤害她的 |
[41:24] | Well,there’s my ride. | 我的车来了 |
[41:31] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[41:32] | No,thank you for… for doing this. | 谢谢你… 所做的一切 |
[41:40] | Cynthia. | |
[41:43] | You have a parole hearing coming up soon. | 你马上要接受一次假释听证会 |
[41:45] | Yeah. My first. | 对 第一次 |
[41:47] | Well,my boss wants to go. | 我的上司也会去 |
[41:49] | He wants to speak on your behalf to tell the board about everything you did here. | 他想代表你告诉听证会 你在这里的事迹 |
[41:53] | If that’s okay. | 如果可以的话 |
[41:55] | Tell him to come on by if he wants to discuss it. | 那就让他过来 如果他想的话 |
[42:00] | Make sure he brings you with him. | 一定让他带你一起来 |