英文名称:Flipped
年代:2010
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:49] | All I ever wanted was for Juli Baker to leave me alone. | 我最大的愿望就是朱莉·贝克能离我远点 |
[00:53] | It all began in the summer of 1957, | 故事开始于1957年的夏天 |
[00:54] | before the start of second grade. | 二年级开学的前夕 |
[00:56] | Here we are. | 我们到了 |
[00:58] | – What do you guys think? – I like this place. | -你们觉得如何 -我喜欢这里 |
[01:00] | – It’s cool. – Uh, what color is my room? | -棒极了 -我的房间是什么颜色 |
[01:03] | Just you wait. | 别急嘛 |
[01:05] | – Let’s see what’s inside. – Hey, come on, buddy Bryce. | -我们进去瞧瞧 -等等 布莱斯 |
[01:07] | Why don’t, uh, you and I go help unload the van… | 你来帮我一起搬东西如何 |
[01:10] | …and the womenfolk here can get in the kitchen and start setting up. | 女士们可以去把厨房收拾好 |
[01:14] | Okay, Dad. | 好的 爸爸 |
[01:16] | For me, it was the beginning of what would be more than half a decade | 对我而言 这仅仅是我长达五年多的 |
[01:20] | of strategic avoidance and social discomfort. | 躲避战和社交不适的开端 |
[01:24] | – Hi, I’m Juli Baker. – Hey, hey, what are you doing? | -你好 我是朱莉·贝克 -喂 你干什么呢 |
[01:26] | Don’t you want some help? | 要帮忙吗 |
[01:28] | No. There’s some valuable things in there. | 不用 里面有贵重东西 |
[01:30] | – How about this one? – No, no, no. | -那搬这个呢 -不不不 别动 |
[01:33] | Run home. Your mother’s probably wondering where you are. | 快回家吧 你妈妈该担心了 |
[01:36] | Oh, no, my mom knows where I am. She said it’s fine. | 不会 我妈妈知道我在这儿 她同意的 |
[01:39] | It didn’t take long to realize this girl could not take a hint. | 我很快发现这姑娘一点也不识趣 |
[01:42] | – It’s crowded in here with three people. – I don’t mind. | -三个人在这里太挤了 -我不介意 |
[01:44] | Of any kind. | 太不识相了 |
[01:46] | You wanna push this one together? | 一起来搬这箱子好吗 |
[01:49] | Bryce, isn’t it time for you to go help your mother? | 布莱斯 你不是要去帮妈妈吗 |
[01:52] | Huh? | 什么 |
[01:55] | Oh, yeah. | 啊对 没错 |
[01:57] | I mean, nothing would stop her. | 什么都挡不住她 |
[02:00] | I was about to tell her to get lost when the weirdest thing happened. | 我正想叫她滚开时候 最囧的事情发生了 |
[02:08] | I couldn’t believe it. | 真是难以置信 |
[02:10] | There I was holding hands with this strange girl. | 我居然牵着一个陌生女孩的手 |
[02:14] | How did I get into this mess? | 我怎么会这么倒霉 |
[02:15] | Well, hello. | 你好啊 |
[02:18] | – I see you’ve met my son. – Uh-huh. | -你已经认识我儿子了 -是啊 |
[02:20] | Finally, I did the only manly thing available when you’re 7 years old. | 结果 我做了七岁男子汉唯一能做的事 |
[02:32] | However, my troubles were far from over. | 可是 我的麻烦还远未结束 |
[02:35] | The minute I walked into Miss Yelson’s classroom… | 当我一踏入埃尔森老师的教室… |
[02:38] | Bryce? You’re here. | 布莱斯 你来了 |
[02:40] | …it was clear: | 显然 |
[02:42] | School would not be a sanctuary. | 学校也不是一方净土 |
[02:46] | Hey, Bryce, where’s your girlfriend? | 嘿 布莱斯 你女朋友呢 |
[02:49] | I was branded for life. | 我的一世清名毁了 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1470个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:255个,六级词汇:139个,GRE词汇:146个,托福词汇:201个,考研词汇:290个,专四词汇:226个,专八词汇:48个, 所有生词标注共:489个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[02:51] | Hey, Bryce, why don’t you ask her to marry you? | 嘿 布莱斯 你怎么不向她求婚呢 |
[02:56] | Bryce and Juli sitting in a tree | 布莱斯和朱莉高高坐树上 |
[02:59] | K-l-S-S-l-N-G | 卿卿我我不分离 |
[03:03] | My first year in town was a disaster. | 我刚到镇上的第一年就是场灾难 |
[03:05] | Look at them. | 瞧瞧他们 |
[03:06] | And the next three weren’t much better. | 接下来三年也没好到哪去 |
[03:08] | But finally, in the sixth grade, I took action. | 不过终于 在六年级时 我采取了行动 |
[03:11] | I hatched the plan. | 我想出了个主意 |
[03:14] | Sherry. | 雪莉 |
[03:16] | Sherry, wait up. | 雪莉 等等我 |
[03:18] | Hi, Bryce. | 你好 布莱斯 |
[03:20] | I asked out Sherry Stalls. | 我约了雪莉·斯图出去 |
[03:21] | I was wondering if you wanted to go… | 不知你是否愿意去… |
[03:23] | To full appreciate the brilliance of this plan… | 这个主意的绝妙之处在于 |
[03:26] | …you have to understand that Juli hated Sherry Stalls… | 朱莉讨厌雪莉·斯图 |
[03:29] | …though I never understood why. | 尽管我不明就里 |
[03:31] | Sherry was nice, friendly and she had a lot of hair. | 雪莉温柔友善 还有着一头浓密的金发 |
[03:35] | At first, my mother wouldn’t let me get my ears pierced, but I begged… | 起先 我妈妈不同意我打耳洞 可我不停请求 |
[03:38] | The idea was that Sherry would eat with me… | 我的计划是先和雪莉一起吃饭 |
[03:40] | …maybe we’d walk around together, | 之后我们也许能并肩而行 |
[03:42] | and hopefully Juli would lose interest. | 这样朱莉大概就会知难而退了 |
[03:45] | But I still can’t get the hoops till I’m 16. | 不过我还是不能在十六岁以前打耳洞 |
[03:47] | Oh, that’s a shame. | 真遗憾 |
[03:48] | So Melanie wanted to get her ears pierced, | 美兰妮也想打耳洞 |
[03:50] | but of course her mother said no. | 她妈妈当然不同意啦 |
[03:52] | So she threw a fit and | 然后她就大发脾气 |
[03:54] | smashed her Johnny Mathis Greatest Hits album… | 把她的强尼·麦瑟斯精选集唱片砸了个稀烂 |
[03:58] | …and she got grounded, so | 于是就被关起来了 |
[04:00] | now she can’t come to my pajama sleepover party. | 她也不能参加我的睡衣派对了 |
[04:02] | Things were unfolding quite nicely. | 事情进展得异常顺利 |
[04:05] | What are you doing for your science project? | 你的科学展作品准备得怎样了 |
[04:07] | That is, until my supposed best friend, Garrett Einbinder… | 直到被我当作死党的伽利特·艾宾德 |
[04:11] | …took an interest in Sherry himself. | 也对雪莉发起了攻势 |
[04:13] | I was thinking of showing how | 我打算展示 |
[04:15] | split ends react with different hair conditioners. | 不同护发素对头发分叉的影响 |
[04:17] | That’s fascinating. | 太有趣了 |
[04:19] | Loyalty gave way to desire and Garrett, the turncoat… | 这个重色轻友的叛徒伽利特 |
[04:22] | …told Sherry what I was up to. | 告诉了雪莉我的意图 |
[04:24] | Jerk. | 混蛋 |
[04:25] | She didn’t take it well. | 她很生气 |
[04:27] | Word got back to Juli, | 再说到朱莉 |
[04:29] | and pretty soon she started up with the goo-goo eyes again. | 她很快又开始含情脉脉地注视我 |
[04:32] | Only this time it was worse. | 不过这次更糟 |
[04:34] | She started sniffing me. | 她开始闻我 |
[04:37] | That’s right, sniffing me. | 没错 闻我 |
[04:39] | What was that all about? | 那是干什么呢 |
[04:41] | My only consolation was that next year would be different. | 我唯一的慰藉就是期望明年会有所改变 |
[04:44] | Junior high, bigger school. | 上初中学校更大 |
[04:46] | Maybe we’d be in different classes and it would finally, finally be over. | 也许我们不会分到一个班 就终于能分开了 |
[04:52] | The first day I met Bryce Loski, I flipped. | 我遇到布莱斯·洛斯奇的第一天就怦然心动了 |
[04:56] | It was those eyes, something in those dazzling eyes. | 他的眼睛 那双明亮迷人的眼睛吸引了我 |
[05:00] | You wanna push this one together? | 一起来搬这箱子好吗 |
[05:03] | His family had just moved into the neighborhood… | 当时 他家刚搬到我家对面 |
[05:05] | …and I’d gone over to help them. | 我跑过去帮助他们 |
[05:07] | I’d been in the van all of two minutes | 我爬上货车才两分钟 |
[05:09] | when his dad sent him off to help his mom. | 他爸爸就叫他去给他妈妈帮忙 |
[05:11] | I could see he didn’t wanna go. | 看得出来他并不愿意 |
[05:13] | So I chased after him to see if | 于是我跟着他 |
[05:15] | we could play a little before he got trapped inside. | 看能不能在他进去忙活之前跟他玩一会 |
[05:20] | The next thing I know, he’s holding my hand… | 后来不知怎的他就握着我的手了 |
[05:22] | …and looking right into my eyes. | 注视着我的眼睛 |
[05:25] | My heart stopped. | 我的心跳都停止了 |
[05:27] | Was this it? | 就是这种感觉吗 |
[05:28] | Would this be my first kiss? | 这会是我的初吻吗 |
[05:31] | – But then his mother came out. – Well, hello. | -可这时他妈妈出来了 -你好啊 |
[05:34] | And he was so embarrassed, his cheeks turned completely red. | 他很不好意思 羞得满脸通红 |
[05:39] | I went to bed that night | 那晚 我躺在床上 |
[05:40] | thinking of the kiss that might have been. | 幻想着那个极可能发生的吻 |
[05:42] | I mean, it was clear he had feelings for me, | 很明显他对我也有意思 |
[05:45] | but he was just too shy to show them. | 只是他太害羞而不敢表达 |
[05:47] | My mother said boys were like that. | 妈妈说男孩子就是这样 |
[05:50] | So I decided to help him out. | 于是我决定帮助他 |
[05:51] | Bryce? You’re here. | 布莱斯 你来啦 |
[05:56] | I would give him plenty of opportunity to get over his shyness. | 我要给他许多机会来克服害羞 |
[05:59] | By the sixth grade, I’d learned to control myself. | 到了六年级 我收敛了不少 |
[06:02] | Then Sherry Stalls entered the picture. | 结果雪莉·斯图闯了进来 |
[06:06] | Sherry Stalls was nothing but a whiny, | 雪莉·斯图不过是个爱发牢骚 |
[06:08] | gossipy, backstabbing flirt. | 八卦 喜欢暗箭伤人的轻佻女孩 |
[06:10] | All hair and no substance. | 秀发迷人但徒有其表 |
[06:12] | And there she was… | 她过来了 |
[06:13] | …holding hands with Bryce. My Bryce. | 与布莱斯十指紧扣 是我的布莱斯 |
[06:16] | The one was walking around with my first kiss. | 这个人还等待着我的初吻呢 |
[06:19] | My solution was to ignore her. I knew a boy of Bryce’s caliber… | 我的对策就是无视她 我知道聪明如布莱斯 |
[06:22] | …would eventually see through a shallow conniver like Sherry Stalls. | 终有一天会识穿雪莉·斯图的浅薄 |
[06:26] | It took all of a week. They broke up at recess. | 果然不出一周 他们在午休时分手了 |
[06:30] | She didn’t take it well. | 她很生气 |
[06:34] | Now that Bryce was out of Sherry’s evil clutches, | 布莱斯逃离了雪莉的魔爪 |
[06:36] | he started being nicer to me. | 他对我的态度也好多了 |
[06:37] | – Hi, Juli. – Hi, Bryce. | -你好 朱莉 -你好 布莱斯 |
[06:40] | He was so shy and so cute… | 他是如此腼腆 如此可爱 |
[06:43] | …and his hair, it smelled like watermelon. | 他的发间散发着淡淡的西瓜味 |
[06:46] | I couldn’t get enough of it. | 我总是闻不够 |
[06:48] | I spent the whole year secretly sniffing watermelon… | 一整年我都在偷偷闻着那股西瓜味 |
[06:51] | …and wondering if I was ever going to get my kiss. | 幻想着我何时能得到我的初吻 |
[06:57] | Seventh grade brought changes, all right. | 初一时发生了许多变化 |
[06:59] | But the biggest one didn’t happen at school. | 不过最大的变化不是发生在学校 |
[07:02] | It happened at home. | 而是在家 |
[07:04] | My grandfather came to live with us. | 我外公搬来与我们同住 |
[07:14] | Mom said he stared like that because he missed Grandma. | 妈妈说他总这样呆望是因为他想外婆了 |
[07:17] | That was not something Grandpa would ever talk about with me. | 外公可不会对我说这些 |
[07:21] | As a matter of fact, he never talked about much of anything with me. | 事实上 他很少跟我说话 |
[07:25] | That is, until Juli appeared in the local newspaper. | 直到有天朱莉上了当地的报纸 |
[07:28] | – Oh, Bryce. May I speak with you? – What? | -布莱斯 能跟你聊两句吗 -怎么了 |
[07:32] | Have a seat, son. | 坐下吧 孩子 |
[07:38] | Tell me about your friend Juli Baker. | 跟我说说你的朋友朱莉·贝克 |
[07:41] | Juli. She’s not exactly my friend. | 朱莉 她不算是我的朋友 |
[07:43] | Oh. Why’s that? | 是吗 为什么 |
[07:46] | Why do you wanna know? | 你为什么想知道 |
[07:49] | Now, Juli Baker did not wind up in The Mayfield Times… | 上初二的朱莉·贝克登上《梅菲德时报》 |
[07:52] | …for being an eighth-grade Einstein. | 可不是因为什么天才成就 |
[07:54] | No, she got front-page coverage | 相反 她上了报纸头版 |
[07:56] | because she refused to climb out of a sycamore tree. | 是因为她不肯爬下一棵梧桐树 |
[08:00] | Juli Baker and that stupid sycamore tree. | 朱莉·贝克和那棵傻乎乎的梧桐树 |
[08:03] | She always thought | 她总是以为 |
[08:04] | it was God’s gift to our little corner of the universe. | 那树是上帝赐给我们这个小地方的礼物 |
[08:07] | Hey, Bryce. Wanna come climb the tree with me and my brothers? | 布莱斯 来跟我和我哥哥一起爬树吧 |
[08:10] | No, thanks. | 不了 谢谢 |
[08:12] | Bryce. Come up here. It’s fun. | 布莱斯 快上来 好玩极了 |
[08:15] | – You can see everything. – I can’t. | -你能看到一切 -我来不了 |
[08:18] | My dad needs me to help him fix… | 爸爸要我帮他修… |
[08:24] | …a thing. | 修个东西 |
[08:26] | That’s all I needed. | 我得扯个借口 |
[08:27] | Climb up a tree with Juli Baker. | 和朱莉·贝克一起爬树 |
[08:30] | I’d be dragged right back into the second grade. | 那还不得把我打回小学二年级去 |
[08:32] | Bryce and Juli sitting in a tree. | 布莱斯和朱莉高高坐树上 |
[08:35] | Why don’t you just make me eat lima beans for the rest of my life. | 你还不如让我一辈子吃素算了 |
[08:39] | It’s three blocks away. | 还有三个街区 |
[08:42] | Two blocks. | 两个街区 |
[08:47] | One block away. | 还有一个街区就到了 |
[08:49] | Like that’s valuable information. | 搞得像什么重大消息似的 |
[08:51] | I hate it when she does that. | 我讨厌她一直这样预报 |
[08:52] | I like to think there’s at least a chance the bus won’t show. | 本来还能对校车不来了抱一丁点指望 |
[08:57] | I think the tree looks particularly beautiful in this light. Don’t you? | 我觉得晨曦中的梧桐树格外美丽 你觉得呢 |
[09:01] | If by “beautiful” you mean “unbelievably ugly,” | 如果你所说的美丽是指无与伦比的丑陋 |
[09:03] | Then, yes, I would agree. | 那么没错 我同意 |
[09:08] | You’re just visually challenged. I feel sorry for you. | 你眼睛出问题了 真为你惋惜 |
[09:13] | “Visually challenged”? | “眼睛出问题了”? |
[09:15] | “Visually challenged”? | “眼睛出问题了”? |
[09:16] | This from the girl who lived | 这话居然出自一个 |
[09:18] | in a house that was the joke of the neighborhood? | 自家房子被街坊当成笑柄的女孩之口 |
[09:21] | They had bushes growing over windows | 她家的灌木丛窜得有窗户那么高 |
[09:23] | and weeds all over the place. | 院子里到处杂草丛生 |
[09:26] | It bugged my dad bigtime. | 搞得我爸爸很无奈 |
[09:28] | Oh, there he is. | 瞧 他又开始画了 |
[09:29] | The bricklayer who thinks he’s a painter. | 那个自以为是个画家的砖瓦匠 |
[09:31] | That truck’s not ugly enough in real life? | 还嫌那卡车不够丑吗 |
[09:34] | He’s gotta make a painting of it? | 他居然还要把它画下来 |
[09:35] | No, he does landscapes. Sells them at the county fair. | 不 他画的是风景画 拿到县集市上去卖 |
[09:39] | People say they’re beautiful. | 大家都说他的画很漂亮 |
[09:40] | Landscapes? Let me tell you something. | 风景画 告诉你吧 |
[09:43] | The world would have more beauty in it… | 如果他肯把他那杂乱的院子稍微收拾一下 |
[09:45] | …if he’d do a little landscaping on that piece of crap he calls a yard. | 这个世界将会变得更美丽 |
[09:49] | I feel bad for his wife. She married a dreamer. | 我真同情他妻子 她嫁了个空想家 |
[09:53] | Because of that, one of the two of them will always be unhappy. | 因此他们俩总有一人要忍受不幸 |
[09:56] | Yeah, fine. But why do we have to be unhappy? | 管他呢 可为什么我们也要受气呢 |
[10:00] | As annoying as the yard was to my dad… | 就如对门的院子让我爸心烦一样 |
[10:02] | …it was nothing compared to how annoying Juli Baker was in that tree. | 没有比树上的朱莉·贝克更烦人的了 |
[10:06] | Three blocks away. | 还有三个街区 |
[10:08] | Every morning we had to listen to the sound… | 每天早上我们都不得不听着 |
[10:10] | …of her blow-by-blow traffic report. | 她那不厌其烦的校车预报 |
[10:12] | Two blocks. | 两个街区 |
[10:14] | There you go. | 来了 |
[10:15] | Why do they call it The Three Stooges? | 为什么要叫《活宝三人组》呢 |
[10:17] | – I mean, there’s five of them. – What? | -我是说明明有五个 -什么 |
[10:20] | Well, yeah, there’s Moe, Larry, Curly, Shemp and Curly Joe. | 有莫尔 拉瑞 克里 山普 还有卷毛乔 |
[10:23] | Yeah, but they only have three at a time. | 对 不过每次出场都只有三个 |
[10:25] | Yeah. | 也是 |
[10:26] | You know, I hate Curly Joe. | 我不喜欢卷毛乔 |
[10:27] | I mean, he shouldn’t even be a Stooge. | 他根本就算不上是活宝 |
[10:30] | Listen, girl, I’m this close to calling the police. | 听着 小姑娘 我就要报警了 |
[10:33] | You are trespassing and obstructing progress on a contracted job. | 你这是擅闯私人领地 妨碍正常施工 |
[10:36] | – What’s going on? – Either you come down… | -怎么回事 -要么你自己下来 |
[10:38] | …or we’re gonna cut you down. | 要么我们就把你砍下来了 |
[10:40] | Bryce, you guys, come up here with me. | 布莱斯 你们也爬上来 |
[10:42] | They won’t cut it down if we’re all up here. | 如果我们都在树上 他们就不敢砍 |
[10:44] | – Bus, bus, bus. – Juli was frantic. | -车来了 车来了 -朱莉抓狂了 |
[10:46] | They wanted to cut down her tree. | 他们想砍掉她的树 |
[10:48] | I couldn’t understand why | 我真不明白 |
[10:49] | that mutant tangle of gnarly branches meant so much to her. | 她怎么那么在乎那棵长得歪七扭八的树 |
[10:52] | Bryce, please. | 布莱斯 求你了 |
[10:54] | – I felt bad for her. – Leave her. | -我挺同情她 -别管她了 |
[10:56] | But I wasn’t about to cut school over it. | 但我不想因此逃课 |
[10:58] | Come on, bro. | 快来 哥们儿 |
[11:00] | Why isn’t she your friend, Bryce? | 为什么她不是你的朋友 布莱斯 |
[11:04] | You’d have to know Juli. | 你得先了解朱莉 |
[11:06] | Well, I’d like to. | 我正想了解 |
[11:07] | Why? | 为什么 |
[11:09] | That girl has an iron backbone. | 那姑娘很有骨气 |
[11:11] | Why don’t you invite her over sometime? | 干嘛不请她过来玩呢 |
[11:14] | An iron backbone? | 很有骨气? |
[11:16] | She’s just stubborn… | 她就是很倔吧 |
[11:18] | …and she’s pushy beyond belief. | 固执得要命 |
[11:20] | Is that so? | 是吗 |
[11:21] | And she’s been stalking me since the second grade. | 从二年级起她就一直缠着我 |
[11:24] | Well, a girl like that doesn’t live next door to everyone. | 并非人人都能和这样的女孩做邻居 |
[11:28] | Lucky them. | 那他们很幸运 |
[11:31] | Read this. | 看看这个 |
[11:32] | Without prejudice. | 放下成见 |
[11:39] | Like I needed to know anything more about Juli Baker. | 好像我还不够了解朱莉·贝克似的 |
[11:44] | Juli wasn’t at the bus stop the next morning. | 第二天早上朱莉没去等校车 |
[11:48] | Or the morning after that. | 第三天早上也没有 |
[11:50] | She was at school, but you’d never know it. | 她来上学了 可不知道她是怎么来的 |
[11:52] | – Little Joe? He’s got so much makeup on… – He doesn’t age. | -小乔? 他化了很重的妆 -他又不老 |
[11:55] | I told myself I should be glad about it. | 我对自己说应该感到高兴才对 |
[11:58] | I mean, isn’t that what I’d always wanted? | 这不正是我想要的吗 |
[12:00] | But still, I felt bad for her. | 但我还是很为她难过 |
[12:04] | I was gonna tell her I was sorry, but then I thought, hey, no… | 我想去跟她道歉 可转念一想 不行 |
[12:08] | …that’s the last thing I needed: | 我决不能让朱莉·贝克以为 |
[12:10] | Juli Baker thinking I missed her. | 我想她了 |
[12:16] | I see why you like to come out here. | 我知道你为何喜欢来这里了 |
[12:19] | Would you mind explaining it to your mother? | 你能让你妈也明白就好了 |
[12:21] | I loved to watch my father paint. | 我喜欢看爸爸画画 |
[12:24] | Or really, I loved to hear him talk while he painted. | 或者说我是喜欢他边画画边与我聊天 |
[12:27] | I learned a lot about my dad that way. | 我就这样了解了爸爸很多的事 |
[12:29] | He told me all sorts of things… | 他与我谈天说地 |
[12:31] | …like how he got his first job delivering hay | 比如他是如何找到送干草的第一份工作的 |
[12:33] | and how he’d wished he’d finished college. | 还有他真希望当年能念完大学 |
[12:35] | Then one day he surprised me. | 有一天 他的话让我很意外 |
[12:37] | What’s going on with you and, uh, Bryce Loski? | 你和布莱斯·洛斯奇怎么回事 |
[12:43] | What do you mean? Nothing. | 你指什么 没什么啊 |
[12:45] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[12:47] | My mistake. | 是我想多了 |
[12:49] | Why would you even think that? | 你为什么会这么想 |
[12:51] | No reason. | 不为什么 |
[12:53] | Just that you… | 只是你… |
[12:56] | …talk about him all the time. | 老是在说他 |
[12:58] | I do? | 我有吗 |
[13:00] | Mm-hm. | 是啊 |
[13:05] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:08] | I guess it’s something about his eyes. | 我猜是因为他的眼睛吧 |
[13:11] | Or maybe his smile. | 或是因为他的微笑 |
[13:14] | But what about him? | 那他的人呢 |
[13:16] | – What? – You have to look at the whole landscape. | -什么 -你得观其全貌 |
[13:20] | What does that mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[13:22] | A painting is more than the sum of its parts. | 一幅画并不是各个部分的简单相加 |
[13:27] | A cow by itself is just a cow. | 奶牛单独看就是奶牛 |
[13:30] | A meadow by itself is just grass, flowers. | 草场就其本身也只是草和花 |
[13:36] | And the sun peeking through the trees is just a beam of light. | 而穿过树枝的阳光也不过是一线光束 |
[13:41] | But you put them all together… | 但当你把它们结合到一起… |
[13:44] | …and it can be magic. | 奇迹就发生了 |
[13:48] | I didn’t really understand what he was saying | 我并不十分理解他所说的话 |
[13:50] | until one afternoon… | 直到那天下午 |
[13:51] | …when I was up in the sycamore tree. | 当我爬上那棵梧桐树 |
[13:54] | I was rescuing a kite. | 我去够一只挂住的风筝 |
[13:56] | It was a long way up, higher than I’d ever been. | 风筝挂得很高 是我从未爬上去过的高度 |
[14:00] | And the higher I got, the more amazed I was by the view. | 我爬得越高 就越被眼前的美景所震撼 |
[14:04] | I began to notice how wonderful the breeze smelled. | 我开始嗅到微风中的曼妙气息 |
[14:07] | Like sunshine and wild grass. | 像是阳光和野草的芬芳 |
[14:10] | I couldn’t stop breathing it in… | 我贪婪地呼吸着 |
[14:13] | filling my lungs with the sweetest smell I’d ever known. | 让最清甜的空气充满身体 |
[14:17] | Hey, you found my kite. | 你找到我的风筝了 |
[14:18] | Bryce, you should come up here. | 布莱斯 你应该到这上面来看看 |
[14:22] | It’s so beautiful. | 太美了 |
[14:23] | I can’t. I sprained my, um… | 不行 我扭伤了我的… |
[14:27] | I have a rash. | 我起了疹子 |
[14:30] | From that moment on, that became my spot. | 从那一刻起 这里就成了我的小天地 |
[14:34] | I could sit there for hours, | 我能在那一待几个小时 |
[14:37] | just looking out at the world. | 就从上面眺望着这个世界 |
[14:38] | Some days the sunsets would be purple and pink. | 有时候落日是紫色和粉色的 |
[14:41] | And some days they were a blazing orange… | 有时候则是炽烈的桔黄色 |
[14:45] | setting fire to the clouds on the horizon. | 燃烧着地平线上的云 |
[14:48] | It was during one of those sunsets that | 有一次看着这样的落日 |
[14:49] | my father’s idea of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts… | 我突然领悟了爸爸所说的那个概念 |
[14:53] | moved from my head to my heart. | 整体大于部分之和 |
[14:57] | Some days I would get there extra early to watch the sunrise. | 有时候我会起得格外早来这里看日出 |
[15:01] | One morning I was making mental notes… | 一天早上 我正在用心记下 |
[15:03] | of how the streaks of light were cutting through the clouds… | 万道霞光穿透云层的模样 |
[15:06] | so I could tell my dad… | 好回去与爸爸分享 |
[15:08] | when I heard a noise below. | 突然听到下面传来噪音 |
[15:11] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[15:12] | Excuse me. I’m sorry, | 不好意思 对不起 |
[15:13] | but you can’t park there. That’s a bus stop. | 你不能把车停在那 那是校车站 |
[15:15] | Hey, what are you doing up there? | 你在上面干什么呢 |
[15:17] | You can’t be up there, we’re gonna take this thing down. | 你不能待在上面 我们要把它砍倒 |
[15:20] | – The tree? – Yeah. Now come on down. | -这棵树吗 -是的 下来吧 |
[15:23] | – But who told you, you could cut it down? – The owner. | -谁批准你砍树了 -树的主人 |
[15:27] | Why? | 为什么 |
[15:29] | He’s gonna build a house, and this tree’s in the way. | 他要盖一座房子 这棵树碍事了 |
[15:31] | So come on, girl, we got work to do. | 下来 小姑娘 我们得干活了 |
[15:33] | You can’t cut it down. You just can’t. | 你不能把它砍倒 就是不能 |
[15:36] | Listen, girl. I’m this close to calling the police. | 听着 小姑娘 我就要报警了 |
[15:39] | You are trespassing and obstructing progress on a contracted job. | 你这是擅闯私人领地 妨碍正常施工 |
[15:43] | Now either you come down, or we’re gonna cut you down. | 要么你自己下来 要么我们就把你砍下来了 |
[15:46] | Go ahead. Cut me down. | 来啊 你们砍吧 |
[15:48] | I’m not coming down. I’m never coming down. | 我不下去 我绝不下去 |
[15:52] | Bryce. You guys, come up here with me. | 布莱斯 你们也爬上来 |
[15:54] | They won’t cut it down if we’re all up here. | 如果我们都在树上 他们就不敢砍了 |
[15:57] | Bryce, please don’t let them do this. | 布莱斯 求你了 别让他们砍树 |
[15:59] | Come on, you guys. | 你们上来啊 |
[16:02] | Bryce, please. | 布莱斯 求你了 |
[16:03] | You don’t have to come up this high. Just a little ways. | 你们不用爬这么高 上来一点就行了 |
[16:07] | Bryce, please. Please. | 布莱斯 求你了 求你了 |
[16:11] | What happened after that was a blur. | 后来的事情我记不清了 |
[16:17] | It seemed like the whole town was there. | 好像整个镇上的人都来了 |
[16:19] | But still I wouldn’t move. | 但我还是没动 |
[16:21] | Then my father showed up. | 后来我爸爸来了 |
[16:23] | He talked a fireman into letting him come up to where I was. | 他说服了一个消防员 让他爬上来找我 |
[16:29] | Sweetie, it’s time to come down. | 亲爱的 现在该下来了 |
[16:32] | Daddy, please don’t let them do this. | 爸爸 求你别让他们砍树 |
[16:34] | – Sweetie… – Daddy, look. | -亲爱的 -爸爸 你看 |
[16:36] | You can see everything. You can see the whole world from here. | 你能看到一切 从这里你能看到全世界 |
[16:40] | No view is worth my daughter’s safety. | 什么美景都没我女儿的安全重要 |
[16:42] | Now, come on. | 来吧 |
[16:45] | I can’t. | 不要 |
[16:47] | Julianna, it’s time to come down now. | 朱莉安娜 现在该下来了 |
[16:51] | Please, Daddy. | 求你了 爸爸 |
[16:54] | It’s time. | 该下来了 |
[17:02] | And that was it. | 事情就是这样 |
[17:05] | I must’ve cried for two weeks straight. | 我哭了足有两个星期 |
[17:10] | Oh, sure, I went to school and did the best I could… | 当然 我还是去上学了 尽力表现好点 |
[17:13] | but nothing seemed to matter. | 但一切似乎都不重要了 |
[17:14] | – Juli? – Huh? | -朱莉 -啊? |
[17:18] | Do you know the answer? | 你知道答案是什么吗 |
[17:20] | Uh, the Peloponnesian War? | 伯罗奔尼撒战争 |
[17:23] | I’m sure that’s the answer to something… | 你真是答非所问 |
[17:25] | but I was looking for the area of a rhomboid. | 我问的是菱形的面积 |
[17:31] | Somehow, rhomboids and isosceles right triangles… | 不知怎么了 菱形和等腰直角三角形 |
[17:34] | didn’t seem so important. | 似乎没那么重要了 |
[17:37] | I rode my bike so I wouldn’t have to pass by the stump… | 我骑车去上学 这样就不用看见那个树桩 |
[17:40] | that used to be the earth’s most magnificent sycamore tree. | 那曾经是地球上最壮美的梧桐树 |
[17:45] | But no matter what I did, I couldn’t stop thinking about it. | 但不论做什么 我都在想着它 |
[17:52] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[17:54] | It was just a tree. | 只是棵树而已 |
[17:57] | No, it wasn’t just a tree. | 不 不只是棵树 |
[18:06] | I never want you to forget how you felt when you were up there. | 我希望你永远不要忘记在上面的感觉 |
[18:13] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢 爸爸 |
[18:19] | It was the first thing I saw every morning… | 这幅画每天随我起床 |
[18:21] | and the last thing I saw before I went to sleep. | 伴我入眠 |
[18:24] | And once I could look at it without crying… | 当我看到它不再哭泣时 |
[18:27] | I saw more than the tree | 我看到了树以外的东西 |
[18:29] | and what being up there meant to me. | 明白了在它上面对我的意义 |
[18:32] | I saw the day that my view of things around me started changing. | 那天起 我看周围事物的眼光开始改变 |
[18:35] | And I wondered, | 然后我在想 |
[18:37] | did I still feel the same things about Bryce? | 我对布莱斯的感觉还和以前一样吗 |
[18:45] | I’ve never been a huge fan of eggs. | 我一直对蛋没什么特别感觉 |
[18:48] | I mean, I could always just take them or leave them. | 我的意思是 有也可以 没有也行 |
[18:51] | That is, until one day in Skyler Brown’s garage… | 直到那天在斯凯勒·布朗的车库里 |
[18:54] | when my feelings about eggs were solidified. | 我对蛋的感觉彻底固定了 |
[18:58] | Hey, hey, hey. Guys. Edna’s found her breakfast. | 诸位诸位 艾娜发现它的早餐了 |
[19:03] | I mean, if a slimy reptile found them appetizing… | 我是说 如果粘乎乎的爬虫喜欢吃这东西 |
[19:05] | there was certainly no place for them in my diet. | 那我是绝对不会再碰了 |
[19:09] | Oh, man, that’s so cool. | 实在是太酷了 |
[19:11] | She doesn’t even have to chew. | 它甚至不用嚼 |
[19:13] | I mean, think of all the time you’d save. | 想想 省了多少时间啊 |
[19:15] | I could’ve gone my whole life not knowing that snakes eat eggs raw… | 我本来一辈子都不会知道蛇是生吞鸡蛋的 |
[19:18] | if it hadn’t been for Lynetta. | 都是因为琳妮塔 |
[19:20] | She had a major-league thing for Skyler Brown. | 她和斯凯勒·布朗关系不一般 |
[19:22] | I think it’s gross. | 我觉得很恶心 |
[19:23] | He and Juli’s brothers, Matt and Mark, had formed a band. | 他和朱莉的哥哥马特和马克组了个乐队 |
[19:26] | And Lynetta would watch them practice. | 琳妮塔经常去看他们排练 |
[19:28] | That is so neat. | 真是太棒了 |
[19:30] | How about that, huh, Bryce? | 怎么样 布莱斯 |
[19:32] | Yeah. Neat. | 是啊 很棒 |
[19:34] | So, Brycie, how do you think he’s gonna digest that? | 布莱斯 你觉得它要怎么消化这蛋 |
[19:37] | – Stomach acid? – You’d like to think that. | -用胃酸吗 -估计你就会这样想 |
[19:40] | Wait, everybody quiet. Here he goes. | 大家安静 看好了 |
[19:46] | Eggs over easy. | 煎荷包蛋了 |
[19:48] | Gross. Gross, gross, gross. | 恶心 恶心 |
[19:50] | Wait, wait. You haven’t seen the best part. | 等等 你还没看见最精彩的呢 |
[19:55] | Gross. | 真恶心 |
[19:57] | I tried to be casual about it, but it didn’t take. | 我试图保持淡定 但不太成功 |
[20:00] | I started having bad dreams. | 我开始做噩梦 |
[20:02] | I’d be trapped inside a huge egg… | 梦到我被困在一个巨大的蛋里 |
[20:05] | and this monster would open his jaws and start to devour me. | 一只怪兽正要张开大嘴把我吞掉 |
[20:08] | I’d wake up just in time. | 幸好这时我醒了 |
[20:13] | Then the real nightmare began. | 然后真正的噩梦开始了 |
[20:15] | Hi, Bryce. I brought these over for you and your family. | 布莱斯 我给你们拿了些这个 |
[20:18] | – My chickens are laying eggs. – What? | -我的鸡下蛋了 -什么 |
[20:20] | You remember Abby and Bonnie | 你记得小黑 小黄 |
[20:21] | and Clyde and Dexter and Eunice and Florence? | 阿扁 阿呆 点点和花花吗 |
[20:24] | – The ones I hatched for the science fair. – How could I forget? | -我在科技展上孵化的 -怎么可能忘 |
[20:28] | It was classic Juli Baker. | 这就是经典的朱莉·贝克 |
[20:30] | She totally dominated the fair. | 她在展览上出尽风头 |
[20:33] | And get this, her project was all about watching boring eggs hatch. | 你想 她做的项目就是观察无聊的孵蛋过程 |
[20:38] | I mean, here I had a live-action erupting volcano… | 而我可是有一座实景喷发的火山啊 |
[20:42] | and all anyone cared about was Juli’s boring chicks… | 但所有人都在关注朱莉的无聊小鸡 |
[20:44] | breaking out of their boring shells. | 从它们的无聊蛋壳里破壳而出 |
[20:46] | Oh, I think the last one’s hatching. | 最后一只好像要出来了 |
[20:48] | – It’s hatching. – Oh, it’s hatching. | -出来了 -出来了 |
[20:50] | Kids, come over here. | 孩子们 过来 |
[20:51] | But hey, she won. I lost. | 她赢了 我输了 |
[20:55] | I’ve never been one to dwell. | 我总得不到大家垂青 |
[20:56] | Here it comes. | 出来了 |
[20:58] | But that didn’t mean I had to eat her lousy eggs. | 但这并不意味着我得吃她恶心的鸡蛋 |
[21:00] | I think it was very sweet of Juli to bring us those eggs. | 朱莉真好 送鸡蛋给我们吃 |
[21:03] | I don’t care. I’m still having cereal tomorrow. | 才不稀罕 我明早还吃麦片 |
[21:05] | Yeah, how do we know there’s no chicks in one of those eggs? | 我们怎么知道那些蛋里有没有小鸡 |
[21:08] | I used to eat farm-fresh eggs when I was a kid. They were delicious. | 我小时候常吃农场的新鲜土鸡蛋 非常好吃 |
[21:12] | Yeah, well, that’s all well and good… | 好吧 是非常好 |
[21:14] | but what if we crack one open and a dead chick falls out? | 但万一敲开 结果出来一只死小鸡怎么办 |
[21:17] | Do they have a rooster? | 他们有公鸡吗 |
[21:19] | If they don’t have a rooster the eggs can’t be fertile. | 如果没有公鸡 那蛋就不会受精 |
[21:21] | And if they had a rooster, we’d know. | 如果他们养了公鸡 我们会知道的 |
[21:23] | The whole neighborhood would know. | 所有邻居都会知道的 |
[21:25] | Maybe they got it de-yodeled. | 也许他们把它喔喔弄残了 |
[21:27] | “De-yodeled”? | “喔喔弄残了”? |
[21:28] | You know. De-cock-a-doodle-doo’d. | 就是把它的喔喔喔给弄废了 |
[21:30] | What the hell are you talking about? | 什么乱七八糟的 |
[21:32] | Like they de-bark dogs. | 就像把狗弄哑那样 |
[21:35] | Bryce, why don’t you just ask Juli? | 布莱斯 你干嘛不直接问朱莉呢 |
[21:38] | – I don’t think that… – What? | -我不觉得… -什么 |
[21:40] | – You afraid to talk to her? – I’m not afraid to talk to her. | -你怕和她说话吗 -我才不怕和她说话 |
[21:44] | I know you are, but what am I? | 我知道那是你 那我是什么 |
[21:46] | Okay. Just talk to her and find out. | 好了 问问她就知道了 |
[21:49] | How do you tell if one’s a rooster? | 你怎么知道什么样的是公鸡 |
[21:52] | Well, a rooster’s bigger. Longer feathers. | 公鸡更大 羽毛更长 |
[21:55] | They’ve got that red stuff growing out of their head. | 它们头上长着红色的东西 |
[21:57] | And around their neck too. | 脖子周围也有 |
[21:59] | That shouldn’t be too hard to spot. | 那应该不难认 |
[22:02] | Although, come to think of it, | 不过话说回来 |
[22:03] | chickens have the rubbery red stuff too. | 其它鸡也有那种红色肉瘤 |
[22:05] | Just not as much. | 只是没那么大 |
[22:07] | Garrett’s expertise in roosters… | 伽利特对公鸡的精通 |
[22:09] | was the cornerstone of our plan to avoid contact with Juli Baker. | 是我们避免与朱莉·贝克接触的基石 |
[22:12] | The balance of which involved spying over her back fence. | 剩下要做的就是去偷窥她家后院了 |
[22:16] | – Come on, come on. – Shh. Shh. | -快来 快来 -嘘 嘘 |
[22:22] | Over here. | 就这里 |
[22:30] | I can’t see the stupid chickens. | 我看不见那些蠢鸡 |
[22:32] | We gotta get them out of the coop. | 我们得让它们从鸡窝里出来 |
[22:41] | Is that a rooster? | 那是公鸡吗 |
[22:42] | No, it looks like a chicken. | 不 看起来像普通鸡 |
[22:44] | How can you tell? | 你怎么知道 |
[22:46] | It just does. | 一看就知道 |
[22:47] | See what I mean? Expertise. | 看到了吧 这就是精通 |
[22:51] | – Shh, shh! – What? | -嘘 嘘 -怎么了 |
[22:53] | Juli. | 朱莉 |
[22:54] | Here, guys. | 快来吃 |
[22:56] | Go on, there you go. | 继续 快吃吧 |
[22:59] | – Here, guys. Go on. – Yeah, they’re all chickens. | -给 接着吃 -没错 都是普通鸡 |
[23:01] | – There’s no rooster? – What did I just say? | -没有公鸡吗 -我不是刚说了吗 |
[23:04] | How can you tell? | 你怎么知道 |
[23:06] | – Well, none of them are strutting. – Here, come on. | -没有那种昂首阔步的鸡 -给 来啊 |
[23:08] | – Roosters strut? – Come on, guys. | -公鸡昂首阔步吗 -来吃啊 |
[23:10] | – What did I just say? – Here. | -我不是刚说了吗 -给 |
[23:13] | Plus, hardly any of them have any rubbery red stuff. | 而且它们几乎都没长红色肉瘤 |
[23:16] | – What are you doing? – Yeah. They’re definitely all chickens. | -你在干什么 -它们绝对都是普通鸡 |
[23:20] | They’re all chickens. | 都是普通鸡 |
[23:22] | I’m proud of you, Bryce. | 我为你骄傲 布莱斯 |
[23:23] | – You overcame your fear. – Huh? | -你克服了自己的恐惧 -什么 |
[23:26] | – You talked to her. – Oh, heh. Yeah. | -你和她说话了 -噢 是啊 |
[23:29] | It’s no big deal. | 没什么大不了的 |
[23:30] | That’s what she told you? They’re all chickens? | 她怎么和你说的 都是普通鸡吗 |
[23:33] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[23:35] | She’s a genius. You’re both genius… | 她是个天才 你们都是天才 |
[23:37] | Of course they’re all chickens. | 当然都是普通鸡 |
[23:40] | A rooster’s a chicken. The question is: | 公鸡也是普通鸡 问题是 |
[23:42] | Is one of them a rooster or are they all hens? | 有没有公鸡 或者说是否全是母鸡 |
[23:46] | Hens? Who said anything about hens? | 母鸡? 什么时候提到过母鸡 |
[23:50] | Then it hit me. | 我明白了 |
[23:51] | Garrett didn’t know jack shit about chickens. | 伽利特根本不懂鸡 |
[23:55] | – Do roosters strut? – Yes, they do. | -公鸡都昂首阔步是吗 -是的 没错 |
[23:58] | What does that have to do with anything? | 这又有什么关系 |
[24:00] | They’re all hens. | 它们都是母鸡 |
[24:04] | Well, the main thing is the eggs are okay. | 重要的是鸡蛋没问题就行 |
[24:07] | It’s all settled. | 没事了 |
[24:08] | Not for me. | 对我来说可不是 |
[24:10] | There was no way I was ever gonna eat anything… | 我绝对不吃 |
[24:12] | that had anything to do with Juli Baker. | 和朱莉·贝克有关的任何东西 |
[24:15] | I’m not eating them. | 我不吃那些蛋 |
[24:17] | Well, why not? | 为什么呢 |
[24:18] | Have you seen their yard? It’s… | 你看见他们的院子了吗 真是… |
[24:20] | There’s not even any grass. It’s all mud and chicken turds. | 连根草都没有 全是泥巴和鸡屎 |
[24:25] | Ew. Gross. Salmonella. | 恶心 沙门氏菌 |
[24:29] | Do you suppose they could have salmonella? | 你觉得这些蛋会有沙门氏菌吗 |
[24:32] | – It’s not very likely. – Why take the risk? | -可能性不大 -何必要冒险呢 |
[24:35] | What do we do with the eggs? | 那这些鸡蛋怎么办 |
[24:36] | Give them back. | 退回去 |
[24:38] | – Give them back? To Juli? – Sure. | -退回去? 给朱莉? -当然 |
[24:41] | You talked to her before, right? It didn’t kill you. | 你和她说过话了 对吧 不会要你命的 |
[24:44] | Well, what do I say? | 那我怎么说啊 |
[24:47] | Tell her we don’t eat eggs. | 跟她说我们不吃鸡蛋 |
[24:50] | Uh, we’re allergic to them or something. | 我们全家都对鸡蛋过敏之类的 |
[24:53] | Come on, use your brains. | 动动脑子 |
[24:56] | It didn’t feel right to lie. | 撒谎似乎不大好 |
[24:58] | Besides, even a seventh grader would know | 而且 连初一的学生都知道 |
[25:00] | that entire families aren’t allergic to eggs. | 不可能全家都对鸡蛋过敏的 |
[25:03] | But I didn’t wanna hurt her feelings either. | 但我也不想伤害她的感情 |
[25:05] | So that left me with only one option. | 所以我别无选择了 |
[25:08] | And thus another near-death experience… | 于是在我与朱莉·贝克的拉锯战中 |
[25:10] | in my ongoing saga with juli Baker had been successfully avoided. | 又一次致命接触被成功避免了 |
[25:14] | Until one week later. | 直到一周后 |
[25:15] | Hi, Bryce. Brought you some more eggs. | 布莱斯 又给你拿了些鸡蛋 |
[25:19] | – Thanks. – Did your family like the first batch? | -谢谢 -你家人喜欢上一批吗 |
[25:23] | Do you even have to ask? | 还用问吗 |
[25:25] | Great. See you at school. | 太好了 学校见 |
[25:28] | What I hoped would be a one-time event… | 我本以为这是一次性事件 |
[25:30] | was just the beginning of a life consumed with lies, intrigue and deception. | 可这只是一段谎言阴谋和欺骗生涯的开始 |
[25:35] | Every morning I’d be on the lookout for Juli… | 每天早上我都盯着朱莉 |
[25:37] | so if she happened to come, | 这样如果她要来 |
[25:39] | I could whip the door open before she knocked. | 我就能在她敲门之前把门打开 |
[25:41] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[25:45] | Then I’d dump the eggs before anyone noticed. | 然后在有人注意到之前把鸡蛋扔掉 |
[25:47] | And why? Why couldn’t I just face her? | 这是为什么 为什么我就是没法面对她 |
[25:51] | Why couldn’t I just say: | 为什么我就不能说 |
[25:52] | “No, thanks. Don’t want them. | 不 谢谢 不想要 |
[25:53] | Don’t need them. Give them to the snake”? | 不需要 拿去给蛇吃吧 |
[25:56] | Was I really afraid of hurting her feelings… | 我是真的怕伤了她的感情呢 |
[26:00] | or was I just afraid of her? | 还是因为我怕她呢 |
[26:05] | Now, you wanna make sure you get it… | 现在 你要确定你… |
[26:07] | When Mrs. Brubeck first suggested hatching eggs as my science project… | 最初布贝老师建议我选孵蛋作科研课题时 |
[26:11] | I was less than excited. | 我还觉得没多大意思 |
[26:14] | That is, until I saw my first sign of life. | 直到我第一次看到生命的迹象 |
[26:17] | Is that it? | 那就是吗 |
[26:19] | – That’s the embryo. Heh. – Wow. | -那个就是胚胎 -哇 |
[26:23] | – It looks like a bean. – It does. | -看起来像个豆子 -确实 |
[26:26] | Let’s try the other ones. | 试试别的鸡蛋 |
[26:27] | Suddenly it felt real. | 突然感觉就真实起来了 |
[26:29] | All the eggs were alive. | 所有的蛋都是有生命的 |
[26:31] | There were, like, little bean babies inside every one. | 就好象每个蛋里面都有一个豆子宝宝 |
[26:35] | On the day of the fair, all six chicks hatched. | 科学展那天 六个蛋全都孵出小鸡了 |
[26:38] | What are the odds? | 真没想到啊 |
[26:40] | This year’s top prize goes to Juli Baker… | 今年的一等奖由朱莉·贝克获得 |
[26:42] | for her wonderful project: | 她获奖的的出色项目是 |
[26:45] | “A Chicken is Born.” | “一只鸡的诞生” |
[26:49] | I won first place. | 我得了第一名 |
[26:51] | And that was cool, but all I really cared about were my chicks. | 这很酷 但我真正关心的是我的小鸡们 |
[26:56] | There you go. There you go, guys. | 来吧 快吃吧 |
[26:57] | My mom wasn’t crazy about us raising chickens. | 我妈妈对养鸡没多大兴趣 |
[27:00] | But I begged and pleaded. | 可我再三央求 |
[27:02] | I told her I would take care of everything. And I did. | 我跟她说我会打理一切 我说到做到了 |
[27:05] | Where’s Clyde? | 阿扁在哪 |
[27:09] | Clyde? | 阿扁 |
[27:12] | Hey, Clyde. What’s the matter? | 阿扁 怎么了 |
[27:14] | Are you okay? Aren’t you hungry? | 你还好吧 你不饿吗 |
[27:17] | Come on. Come here. What’s wrong, baby? | 过来 到这来 怎么了宝贝 |
[27:20] | Come here. | 过来 |
[27:23] | Hey, you’re not Clyde. You’re Clydette. | 你不应该叫阿扁 叫阿珍才对 |
[27:28] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[27:30] | As it turned out, my hens laid more eggs than we could eat. | 结果 我的鸡下的蛋我们都吃不完 |
[27:35] | At first we tried to keep up… | 一开始我们还想努力赶上进度 |
[27:37] | but after a month of boiling, frying and deviling… | 但是在一个月的煎炒烹炸之后 |
[27:40] | like that movie The Blob, | 就像电影《变形怪体》里一样 |
[27:42] | we were being overtaken by eggs. | 我们被鸡蛋打败了 |
[27:44] | Then opportunity in the form of our neighbor, Mrs. Steuby, knocked. | 当邻居斯杜比太太来敲门时 转机来了 |
[27:47] | Hello, dear. | 你好 亲爱的 |
[27:51] | If you ever have any extra, I’d be happy to buy them from you. | 如果你有多余的鸡蛋 我很乐意买 |
[27:56] | – Really? – Certainly. | -真的吗 -当然 |
[27:58] | And I happen to know that Mrs. Helms would be interested as well. | 我还知道赫尔姆斯太太也想要 |
[28:03] | – Great. – Nothing like fresh eggs. | -太好了 -没什么比新鲜鸡蛋更好了 |
[28:06] | Thanks, Mrs. Steuby. | 谢谢 斯杜比太太 |
[28:08] | You bet, dear. Bye. | 可不是么 亲爱的 再见 |
[28:10] | Between Mrs. Steuby and Mrs. Helms, | 有了斯杜比太太和赫尔姆斯太太 |
[28:11] | my egg overflow problem was solved. | 我鸡蛋过剩的问题解决了 |
[28:14] | Then I realized that Mrs. Loski deserved eggs too. | 我想到也该拿点鸡蛋给洛斯奇太太 |
[28:17] | But I didn’t think it would be right to charge her. | 但我觉得不该对她收费 |
[28:20] | She had been such a good neighbor, | 她是个非常好的邻居 |
[28:21] | lending us supplies when we ran out… | 我们东西用完时她会借给我们 |
[28:23] | …giving my mother a ride when our car wouldn’t start… | 我们车坏时会让我妈搭车 |
[28:26] | …it was the least I could do. | 送她点鸡蛋真是微不足道 |
[28:28] | Besides, if I happened to run into Bryce, | 再说 就算被布莱斯撞见 |
[28:30] | that wouldn’t be the end of the world. | 也不会是世界末日 |
[28:33] | Hi, Bryce. | 嗨 布莱斯 |
[28:34] | By the third time I brought eggs over to the Loskis… | 到我第三次给洛斯奇家送蛋时 |
[28:37] | …I realized Bryce was waiting for me. | 我意识到布莱斯在等我 |
[28:38] | Waiting to pull open the door and say, | 等着打开门说 |
[28:40] | “Thanks, Juli. See you at school.” | “谢谢 朱莉 学校见” |
[28:42] | And in return, I got a few moments alone… | 回报是 我能和世上最明亮迷人的 |
[28:45] | …with the world’s most dazzling eyes. | 那双眼睛独处片刻 |
[28:47] | Thanks, Juli. See you at school. | 谢谢 朱莉 学校见 |
[28:50] | It was a bargain. | 真是太值了 |
[28:52] | Until the day it wasn’t. | 直到某一天 就不再是这样了 |
[28:54] | It was two weeks after the sycamore tree was cut down… | 那是在梧桐树被砍倒两星期后 |
[28:57] | …and I was just starting to feel normal again. | 我正开始恢复正常 |
[29:03] | Hey, Juli. Right on schedule. | 嗨 朱莉 真准时 |
[29:06] | Yeah, well, neither rain nor sleet. | 嗯 风雨无阻 |
[29:08] | – Huh? – You know, the mailman thing? | -嗯? -就像邮差那样 |
[29:11] | Oh. Right. | 哦对 |
[29:17] | So, um, will you start riding the bus again? | 那 你还会坐校车吗 |
[29:21] | I don’t know. I haven’t been up there since… | 不知道 自那之后我就没再坐过 |
[29:24] | It doesn’t look so bad anymore. It’s all cleared away. | 那里看起来没那么糟了 都清理干净了 |
[29:32] | Well, um, I better get ready for school. | 我得准备上学了 |
[29:35] | Guess I’ll see you there. | 学校见吧 |
[29:37] | See you. | 学校见 |
[29:40] | Maybe Bryce was right. | 布莱斯说的或许没错 |
[29:42] | Maybe it was time I started riding the bus again. | 也许我该恢复乘校车了 |
[29:44] | After all, didn’t he just tell me he wanted me to? | 他的意思不就是希望我去坐车嘛 |
[29:48] | Could it be that Bryce Loski actually misses me? | 布莱斯·洛斯奇是想我了吧 |
[29:57] | Juli? What are you still doing here? | 朱莉 你还在这干嘛 |
[30:00] | I was just thinking. | 只是在想事情 |
[30:03] | It’s pickup day. The cans are in front. | 今天是收垃圾的日子 垃圾桶在门口 |
[30:05] | I know. You need some help? | 知道 要帮忙吗 |
[30:08] | No. Maybe I’ll do it later. | 不用 我晚点再扔吧 |
[30:10] | Are those my eggs? | 那些是我的蛋吗 |
[30:14] | Yeah. Yeah, I dropped them. | 嗯 我失手摔地上了 |
[30:17] | They’re not broken. | 它们根本没破 |
[30:19] | Why are you throwing them away? | 为什么扔掉 |
[30:24] | Don’t you want them? | 你不想要吗 |
[30:27] | It wasn’t me. My dad didn’t think it was worth the risk. | 不是我 我爸觉得不值得冒风险 |
[30:30] | Risk? What risk? | 风险? 什么风险 |
[30:32] | Salmonella. | 沙门氏菌 |
[30:33] | What are you talking about? He’s afraid of being poisoned? | 你说什么啊 他怕中毒吗 |
[30:36] | Well, Juli, I mean, look at your back yard. It’s a complete mess. | 朱莉 看看你们后院 真是一团糟 |
[30:40] | It’s, like, covered in turds. | 到处都是鸡屎 |
[30:42] | That’s not true. I clean up after my girls every day. | 乱讲 我每天都给小鸡们清扫的 |
[30:47] | We just didn’t wanna hurt your feelings. | 我们只是不想伤害你的感情 |
[30:52] | Have you always thrown them away? | 你每次都把它们扔掉吗 |
[30:58] | You know, Mrs. Steuby and Mrs. Helms pay me for my eggs. | 斯杜比太太和赫尔姆斯太太可是花钱买我的蛋 |
[31:02] | – They do? – They pay me 60 cents a dozen. | -真的? -一打6毛钱 |
[31:05] | I didn’t know. | 我不知道 |
[31:07] | How could you? | 你怎么能这样 |
[31:10] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[31:13] | No, you’re not. | 你才不会 |
[31:31] | It didn’t take me long to realize that | 不久我意识到 |
[31:33] | I’d traded in my old problems with Juli Baker for a whole set of new ones. | 我和朱莉·贝克的老问题换成了新问题 |
[31:38] | It was actually worse having her mad at me than having her annoy me. | 她生我的气比她烦扰我更糟糕 |
[31:43] | The way she ignored me was a constant reminder… | 她对我的不理不睬一直在提醒着我 |
[31:45] | …that I’d been a jerk. | 我是个混蛋 |
[31:51] | Then one day I was coming home from playing basketball with Garrett… | 一天 我和伽利特打完篮球回家 |
[31:54] | …and things got weird. | 事情变得很蹊跷 |
[31:56] | Don’t be so timid. Come on, you won’t hurt them. | 别这么胆小 加把劲 你不会伤害它们的 |
[31:59] | – Like this? – Yeah, that’s it. | -像这样? -对 就是这样 |
[32:01] | My grandfather. | 我外公 |
[32:03] | All I ever saw him wear was slippers. | 我从来看他都是穿拖鞋的 |
[32:05] | Now, where did he get those work boots? | 今天不知他从哪弄了双工靴穿上了 |
[32:09] | I couldn’t stop looking over there. | 我忍不住往那边看 |
[32:11] | And the more I looked, the madder I got. | 结果越看越来气 |
[32:15] | My grandfather had already said more to Juli in one hour… | 我外公一小时和朱莉说的话 |
[32:17] | …than he’d said to me in the whole time he’d been living with us. | 比和我们住在一起对我说过的全部话都多 |
[32:21] | I was pretty sure I’d never seen him laugh. | 我还从没见他开怀大笑过 |
[32:25] | And what was his deal with Juli Baker? | 他和朱莉·贝克究竟怎么回事呢 |
[32:33] | Hi, Grandpa. | 嗨 外公 |
[32:37] | Juli told me about the eggs. | 朱莉把蛋的事告诉我了 |
[32:41] | You know, Bryce… | 知道吗 布莱斯 |
[32:42] | …one’s character is set at an early age. | 一个人的品性在年少时就定型了 |
[32:46] | I’d hate to see you swim out so far you can’t swim back. | 我不想看到你误入歧途 |
[32:49] | Sir? | 什么 |
[32:51] | It’s about honesty, son. | 这是诚信问题 孩子 |
[32:54] | Sometimes a little discomfort in the beginning… | 开始的一点小小不悦 |
[32:57] | …can save a whole lot of pain down the road. | 往往能省却之后的很多痛苦 |
[33:13] | When it came to holding a grudge, | 要说记仇的本事 |
[33:15] | Juli Baker was truly impressive. | 朱莉·贝克真是有一套 |
[33:19] | All week I tried to approach her at school. | 整个星期我在学校都试着接近她 |
[33:21] | She’d always find some way to duck me. | 她总能想办法避开我 |
[33:24] | And whenever she was in her yard, | 而只要她在她家院子里 |
[33:26] | Grandpa was always there with her. | 外公总和她一起 |
[33:30] | Finally, one Saturday I saw my opening. | 终于 一个星期六我找到了机会 |
[33:35] | My grandfather had gone into town to buy some Bengay. | 外公到城里买止痛膏去了 |
[33:38] | I guess the yard work was starting to get to him. | 估计收拾庭院的活儿开始让他吃不消了 |
[33:43] | It’s looking real good. | 看起来真不错 |
[33:47] | Thanks. Chet did most of it. | 谢谢 大部分都是切特做的 |
[33:53] | I’m sorry for what I did. | 我为我的行为道歉 |
[33:58] | I just don’t get it, Bryce. Why didn’t you just tell me? | 我真不明白 布莱斯 为何不直接告诉我 |
[34:03] | I don’t know. It was dumb. | 不知道 我的做法真蠢 |
[34:05] | And I shouldn’t have said anything about your yard, either. | 我也不该瞎说你家的院子 |
[34:07] | It wasn’t right. | 这样不对 |
[34:11] | Maybe it’s all for the best. | 也许这样正好 |
[34:14] | I mean, look, I learned so much from Chet, it’s amazing. | 我是说 我从切特那学到这么多 真是太好了 |
[34:19] | You’re lucky. | 你真幸运 |
[34:21] | I don’t even have grandparents anymore. | 我都没有爷爷奶奶了 |
[34:28] | I feel sorry for him. | 我很替他难过 |
[34:31] | He misses your grandma. | 他很想念你外婆 |
[34:34] | Can you believe it? He says I remind him of her. | 你能相信吗 他说我让他想起了她 |
[34:37] | – What? – I know. That’s what I said. | -什么 -我知道有点怪 你没有听错 |
[34:40] | But he meant it in a nice way. Something about her spirit. | 但他的用意很好 是说她的精神方面 |
[34:45] | Yeah… | 这样啊 |
[34:48] | Good luck with the grass. I’m sure it’ll come up great. | 祝这些草好运 我相信长出来一定很棒 |
[34:53] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[34:58] | I guess I’ll see you around. | 回头见 |
[35:00] | I guess so. | 好 |
[35:17] | While Juli’s acceptance of my apology was not all that I’d hoped for… | 虽然朱莉接受我道歉并不像我希望的那样 |
[35:20] | …at least the eggs thing was finally behind me. | 但至少鸡蛋风波终于过去了 |
[35:23] | The first time in months I could truly enjoy Bonanza. | 几个月来我第一次能安心看《波纳扎》了 |
[35:30] | Where you going and why you dressed like that? | 你去哪儿 怎么穿成那样 |
[35:33] | Skyler’s. | 去斯凯勒家 |
[35:34] | Matt and Mark are bringing over recording stuff | 马特和马克带来了录音设备 |
[35:36] | and they’re gonna make a demo. | 他们准备录试唱样带 |
[35:38] | Demo? Like they know how to make a demo. | 样带? 搞得好像他们知道怎么弄似的 |
[35:41] | – You don’t even know them. – I don’t have to. I know the type. | -你都不认识人家 -不必认识 我知道这号人 |
[35:45] | – You don’t know anything. – Don’t talk to me like that. | -你一无所知 -别用这语气和我说话 |
[35:48] | – I’m late. – Be back by 11. | -我要迟到了 -11点前回来 |
[35:50] | Yep. Everything was back to normal. | 对 一切都恢复正常了 |
[36:01] | Is that girl working you too hard? | 那丫头片子把你累坏了吧 |
[36:05] | That girl’s name is Juli. And, no, she isn’t working me too hard. | 她的名字叫朱莉 她也没把我累着 |
[36:10] | You’ve developed quite a soft spot for her, huh? | 你还挺关心她的嘛 |
[36:12] | Steven. | 斯蒂文 |
[36:14] | No, Patsy. Just wanna find out why your father has the energy… | 帕茜 我只是想知道你爸哪来这么大劲头 |
[36:18] | …to befriend a complete stranger… | 跑去跟一个陌生人交朋友 |
[36:20] | …when he won’t throw a baseball around with his own grandson. | 而他都不愿和自己的外孙玩玩棒球 |
[36:23] | – It’s okay, Dad. – No, it’s not okay. | -没事 爸 -不 这样不对 |
[36:27] | Juli reminds him of Grandma. | 朱莉让他想到外婆 |
[36:28] | Of Renee? Heh. | 想到瑞妮? |
[36:31] | That’s ridiculous. | 真可笑 |
[36:33] | You know why the Bakers haven’t fixed their yard? | 你知道贝克家为何不修理院子吗 |
[36:36] | Yeah, because he’s too busy with his paint-by-numbers kit. | 是因为太忙于画他的烂画了吧 |
[36:41] | If you had a brother with a severe handicap, what would you do? | 如果你有个严重残疾的兄弟 你会怎么做 |
[36:44] | What the hell does that have to do with anything? | 怎么会扯上这个 |
[36:47] | Juli’s father has a retarded brother. | 朱莉的父亲有个智障的兄弟 |
[36:50] | So what? He’s not the gardener, is he? Heh. | 那又怎样 那院子不会是他兄弟弄的吧 |
[36:53] | Steven. | 斯蒂文 |
[36:55] | It was a joke. | 开个玩笑 |
[36:57] | You know, other people have family troubles… | 其他人也会有家庭问题 |
[37:00] | …and they manage to mow their own lawns. | 而人家也能修理自家的草坪 |
[37:03] | I don’t know where their pride in ownership is. | 真不知他们对拥有家园的自豪感在哪儿 |
[37:06] | They don’t own that house. | 那房子不是他们的 |
[37:08] | The landlord’s supposed to maintain it. | 应该是房东修理才对 |
[37:10] | Mr. Baker puts every extra penny he has into caring for his brother. | 贝克先生把多出的每分钱都用于照顾弟弟 |
[37:15] | Don’t they have government facilities for that sort of thing? | 不是有政府的护理机构管这种事吗 |
[37:19] | Maybe they thought that a private facility would be better for him. | 可能他们认为私人护理机构对他更好 |
[37:21] | Either way, it’s not our fault | 无论怎样 他们家染色体异常 |
[37:23] | that their family has some chromosomal abnormality. | 这可不是我们的错 |
[37:26] | It has nothing to do with chromosomes. | 和染色体没关系 |
[37:29] | When Juli’s uncle was born, | 朱莉的叔叔出生时 |
[37:30] | he had the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck. | 脖子被脐带缠住了 |
[37:33] | If he’d had enough oxygen, | 如果有足够的氧气 |
[37:34] | he would’ve been a perfect little baby, just like your son. | 他也会像你的儿子一样是个好宝宝 |
[37:41] | Goddamn it, Chet. | 真扯淡 切特 |
[37:44] | – Patsy? Patsy? – Leave me alone! | -帕茜 -让我自己待会儿 |
[37:48] | Sorry about that. | 抱歉 |
[37:51] | Why is Mom so upset? | 妈妈怎么这么伤心 |
[37:56] | Because… | 因为… |
[37:58] | …but for the grace of God… | 还好上帝保佑 |
[38:01] | …your mother could be standing in Mr. Baker’s shoes. | 你妈差点和贝克先生的处境一样 |
[38:04] | Did her brother have the cord wrapped around his neck too? | 她兄弟脖子也被脐带缠住了? |
[38:09] | You did. | 是你 |
[38:12] | Luckily, the doctor who delivered you was on the ball and got it untangled… | 幸好接产医生反应及时 把脐带解开了 |
[38:16] | …but it easily could’ve gone the other way. | 不然那种事是极有可能的 |
[38:28] | – Wanna go for a walk? – Huh? | -想出去走走吗 -嗯? |
[38:30] | I find it helps clear the mind. | 出去走走有助于清理思绪 |
[38:36] | What would they have done with me? | 如果我那样了他们会把我怎样 |
[38:38] | You can’t dwell on something that might’ve been, Bryce. | 你不该琢磨那些也许会发生的事 布莱斯 |
[38:43] | The way my dad was talking, | 我爸说话的口气 |
[38:44] | sounds like he would’ve thrown me in a nuthouse. | 听起来就像会把我丢进疯人院 |
[38:46] | No, no. Now, that’s not fair. | 不不 这么说不公平 |
[38:49] | You can’t condemn him for something he hasn’t done. | 你不能用未发生之事来谴责他 |
[38:57] | This is where that tree was, wasn’t it? | 这里就是那树的位置 是吗 |
[38:59] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[39:02] | Must’ve been a spectacular view. | 景色一定很壮观 |
[39:12] | She’s quite a girl. | 她是很不错的女孩儿 |
[39:17] | Some of us get dipped in flat… | 我们中有的人暗淡无光 |
[39:19] | …some in satin… | 有的色泽艳丽 |
[39:21] | …some in gloss. | 有的则光彩照人 |
[39:23] | But every once in a while… | 但是偶尔 |
[39:25] | …you find someone who’s iridescent. | 你也会遇到色彩斑斓的人 |
[39:30] | And when you do… | 当你真遇到时 |
[39:32] | …nothing will ever compare. | 其他一切都不重要了 |
[39:42] | Flat, glossy, iridescent? | 暗淡无光 光彩照人 色彩斑斓? |
[39:45] | What the hell did that mean? | 那究竟是什么意思 |
[39:47] | Juli Baker had always just seemed plain to me. | 朱莉·贝克在我看来一直很普通而已 |
[39:52] | Until now. | 直到现在 |
[40:03] | And the way she talked about what it felt like to be up in that tree… | 还有她描述在那棵树上的感觉的方式 |
[40:06] | …to be held above the earth, brushed by the wind. | 被高高托举于大地之上 清风吹拂 |
[40:09] | Who in junior high talks like that? | 哪个初中生会那样说 |
[40:12] | This weird feeling started taking over in the pit of my stomach… | 这种奇怪的感觉开始令我很不安 |
[40:16] | …and I didn’t like it. | 我不喜欢这感觉 |
[40:18] | I was slipping, man. | 我正在越陷越深 |
[40:20] | And it was time to get a grip. | 得想办法停下来了 |
[40:23] | I’d never been embarrassed by where we lived before. | 之前我从未因我们住的地方感到羞愧 |
[40:26] | I also never really thought about money. | 我也从未想过钱 |
[40:28] | I knew we weren’t rich, | 我知道我们并不富裕 |
[40:30] | but I didn’t feel like we were missing anything. | 但我没觉得我们缺少什么 |
[40:32] | That is, until Bryce Loski called our home a complete mess. | 直到布莱斯·洛斯奇把我们家称为一团糟 |
[40:35] | – What’s your name? – What’s your name? | -请教芳名 -请教芳名 |
[40:38] | Is it Mary or Sue? | 玛丽还是苏 |
[40:42] | What’s your name? | 请教芳名 |
[40:44] | Do I stand a chance with you? | 我有机会吗 |
[40:47] | It’s so hard to find a personality | 魅力如你之人 |
[40:51] | With charms like yours for me | 真是众里难寻 |
[40:59] | I had to do something and I knew what it was. | 我得做点什么 我知道该做什么 |
[41:02] | What’s your name? | 请教芳名 |
[41:11] | – Oh, you’re sounding really good. – Yeah. | -听起来真不错 -嗯 |
[41:14] | We’ll record it in Skyler’s garage. | 我们要在斯凯勒的车库里录这首歌 |
[41:16] | That’s a wonderful project. | 这是个很棒的计划 |
[41:18] | Speaking of projects, I was thinking it might be cool to fix up the yard. | 说到计划 我想修理下院子会很不错 |
[41:22] | – What? – I mean, how much can grass seed cost? | -什么 -我是说 草种能花多少钱呢 |
[41:24] | I could plant a lawn, maybe some flowers. | 我可以种块草坪 也许再种些花 |
[41:27] | I could even put up a fence. | 甚至弄个栅栏 |
[41:29] | Honey, that’s a major undertaking. | 宝贝 那可是笔大开销 |
[41:34] | – I could pay for it with my egg money. – No. That’s your money. | -我可以用我卖鸡蛋的钱支付 -不 那是你的钱 |
[41:38] | The landlord should be the one taking care of all this. | 这些事应该房东做才对 |
[41:41] | But he doesn’t. And we live here. | 但他没做 我们又住在这儿 |
[41:46] | And it looks so bad. | 看上去太糟糕了 |
[41:49] | Jules. | 朱莉 |
[41:51] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[41:53] | Nothing, Dad. | 没什么 爸爸 |
[41:57] | It’s okay, sweetheart. | 没关系的 甜心 |
[41:59] | You can tell us. | 告诉我们吧 |
[42:04] | The Loskis have been throwing away my eggs | 洛斯奇家把我的鸡蛋全扔了 |
[42:06] | because they’re afraid of salmonella. | 因为他们担心有沙门氏菌 |
[42:08] | Because our yard is such a mess. | 因为我们的院子一团糟 |
[42:12] | Did Patsy say that? | 帕茜这么说的吗 |
[42:14] | No. Bryce did. | 不是 布莱斯说的 |
[42:19] | But it must have been a family discussion. | 但肯定一家人讨论过 |
[42:22] | A boy doesn’t come up with that on his own. | 一个小男孩是不会那样想的 |
[42:25] | – Who cares what they think? – Yeah, who cares? | -谁在乎他们怎么想 -对 谁在乎呢 |
[42:27] | – I care. – Trina. | -我在乎 -翠娜 |
[42:30] | Let’s not get into this. | 我们别为这个动气好吗 |
[42:32] | No, I’m tired of living like this, Richard. | 不 我受够了 理查德 |
[42:35] | I’m tired of having to take temp jobs just to make ends meet. | 我受够了总要做零工来贴补家用 |
[42:38] | I’m tired of having to push a chair up against the washing machine… | 我受够了老得用椅子顶住那洗衣机 |
[42:41] | …just to keep the door shut. | 才能关上门 |
[42:43] | I’m tired of having to borrow Mrs. Steuby’s vacuum cleaner… | 我受够了每当我们的吸尘器坏掉时 |
[42:46] | …every time ours breaks down. | 都要去借斯杜比太太的 |
[42:48] | Do you think this is the life I pictured for us? | 你觉得我想让大家过这样的日子吗 |
[42:52] | Sometimes you have to sacrifice to do the right thing. | 有时为了该做的事 你就得做点牺牲 |
[42:55] | We always end up agreeing | 我们每次商量后都一致认为 |
[42:57] | that Devonhurst is the right thing for Daniel. | 送丹尼去德文霍斯特是应该的 |
[43:00] | Well, maybe we should start thinking about what’s right for us. | 也许我们该想想 为自己什么是该做的了 |
[43:04] | Our daughter is suffering because we won’t fix up our own yard. | 女儿因我们没有修理自己的院子而遭耻笑 |
[43:08] | It’s not our yard. | 这不是我们的院子 |
[43:10] | How can you say that, Richard? How? | 你怎能那么说 理查德 |
[43:14] | We’ve lived here for 12 years… | 我们在这住了12年 |
[43:16] | …and for 12 years we’ve been saying it’s temporary, but it’s not. | 12年来我们一直说只是暂住 但并不是 |
[43:20] | This is our home. | 这就是我们的家 |
[43:22] | Is it wrong to wanna live somewhere you can be proud of? | 想住一个可以引以为豪的地方有错吗 |
[43:26] | To have enough to send your kids to college? | 攒够钱送孩子去大学有错吗 |
[43:29] | Maybe it’s time we considered government care. | 或许是时候考虑一下政府的福利机构了 |
[43:32] | We are not moving my brother. | 决不能把我兄弟送那儿去 |
[43:35] | He’s more important than your own children? | 他比你自己的孩子更重要吗 |
[43:38] | – Dad! – How dare you! | -爸 -你竟敢这么说 |
[43:39] | Stop it, Dad! Please, just stop. | 别吵了 爸 别吵了 |
[43:45] | I’m sorry. Julianna, this is not your fault. | 对不起 朱莉安娜 这不是你的错 |
[43:49] | We’ll work this out, I promise. | 我们会想出办法的 我保证 |
[43:54] | That was the first time I ever heard my parents really yell at each other. | 那是我第一次听到我父母大吵 |
[43:59] | I’m sorry about tonight. | 今晚的事我很抱歉 |
[44:00] | That night they each came into my room. | 那晚他们分别来到我房间 |
[44:03] | My father talked about his brother and how much he loved him… | 父亲讲了他弟弟的事 以及他如何爱他 |
[44:06] | …and how he promised his parents he’d always take care of him. | 以及他如何答应父母要一直照顾他 |
[44:10] | My mother talked about how much she loved my father… | 母亲则告诉我 她有多爱我的父亲 |
[44:12] | …for his strength and kind heart. | 爱他的坚强和善良 |
[44:15] | When she kissed me good night… | 当吻我晚安时 |
[44:16] | …she whispered that of all her many blessings, | 她在我耳边说 在所有上天给她的赐福中 |
[44:18] | I was her best. | 我是最重要的 |
[44:23] | I felt sorry for my father. | 我为爸爸感到难过 |
[44:25] | I felt sorry for my mother. | 也为妈妈难过 |
[44:27] | But most of all, I felt lucky for me that they were mine. | 不过 拥有他们我觉得很幸运 |
[44:32] | I wanted to think the reason I started working on my yard… | 我努力把整理庭院的原因 |
[44:35] | …had nothing to do with Bryce. | 想的跟布莱斯无关 |
[44:37] | It was about making our house better. | 只是为了美化住宅 |
[44:39] | After what he did with the eggs, | 既然他那样处理鸡蛋 |
[44:41] | why should I care what he thought about anything? | 我又何必在意他想什么 |
[44:43] | But I did. | 但我还是在意了 |
[44:44] | Are you pruning that or trying to hack it to death? | 你是在做修剪还是想把它劈死啊 |
[44:49] | Hi. I’m Chet Duncan, Bryce’s grandfather. | 我叫切特·邓肯 布莱斯的外公 |
[44:53] | Sorry it’s taken me so long to come over and introduce myself. | 很抱歉这么晚才过来自我介绍 |
[44:56] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[44:58] | So are you trimming all these to the same height? | 你是想把枝修剪得一样高吗 |
[45:01] | Well, yeah, that’s what I was thinking, but I don’t know. | 是啊 我是这么想的 就是不知道怎么做 |
[45:04] | Do you think it would look better to take them out? | 如果把它们全除了 你觉得会更好些吗 |
[45:06] | Oh, these are Hicksii shrubs. These will prune up nicely. | 这些是红豆杉灌木 修剪好了会很棒的 |
[45:14] | Listen, Mr. Duncan. | 邓肯先生 |
[45:15] | Call me Chet. | 叫我切特就行 |
[45:17] | Chet. | 切特 |
[45:19] | If you’re here because of what Bryce said… | 如果你是因为布莱斯说的话才过来的 |
[45:22] | …I don’t need your help. | 我不需要你来帮忙 |
[45:25] | Read about you in the paper. | 我在报纸上读到过你的消息 |
[45:28] | Renee would’ve sat up in that tree with you. | 要是瑞妮在一定会跟你坐树上的 |
[45:31] | She would’ve sat up there all night. | 她会在树上呆上一整夜 |
[45:35] | Renee? | 瑞妮? |
[45:37] | My wife. | 我妻子 |
[45:39] | You remind me a lot of her. | 你让我想起了她 |
[45:46] | We worked on the yard for weeks. | 我们在院子里忙活了几周 |
[45:48] | And the whole time we worked, we talked. | 边干活边聊天 |
[45:52] | – Right there? – Perfect, yeah. | -就这儿吗 -对 很好 |
[45:53] | He wanted to know more about the sycamore tree. | 他想了解更多有关梧桐树的事 |
[45:56] | He knew exactly what it meant… | 他非常清楚 |
[45:58] | …about the whole being greater than the sum of its parts. | 所谓整体大于部分之和的含义 |
[46:01] | He said it was the same with people… | 他说人也是一样 |
[46:03] | …but sometimes with people, the whole could be less. | 只不过对于人 整体有时反而更小 |
[46:06] | I thought that was pretty interesting. | 我觉得这很有意思 |
[46:09] | I started looking at people i’d known since elementary school… | 我开始观察那些从小学就认识的人 |
[46:12] | …trying to figure out if they | 想看看他们 |
[46:13] | were more or less than the sum of their parts. | 是大于还是小于各自的部分之和 |
[46:18] | Chet was right. A lot of them were less. | 切特说得对 很多人作为整体反而更小 |
[46:24] | Of all my classmates, | 在所有同学里 |
[46:26] | the one person I couldn’t seem to place was Bryce. | 我唯一不确定的就是布莱斯 |
[46:33] | Until recently, I would’ve said with absolute certainty… | 要是以前 我会毫无疑问地说 |
[46:36] | …that he was greater, far greater, than the sum of his parts. | 作为整体他远比他的部分之和要大 |
[46:40] | But now I wasn’t so sure. | 现在我却不那么确定了 |
[46:41] | It’s looking good, Juli. Nice job. | 看上去不错 朱莉 干得好 |
[46:45] | Thanks. Chet did most of it. | 谢了 大部分都是切特做的 |
[46:51] | I’m sorry for what I did. | 我为我的行为道歉 |
[46:57] | I just don’t get it, Bryce. | 我就是不明白 布莱斯 |
[46:59] | Why didn’t you just tell me? | 干嘛不直接告诉我 |
[47:01] | Was he really sorry? | 他真有歉意吗 |
[47:02] | Or was he just saying these things to make himself feel better? | 还是说了这些话他自己会好受些呢 |
[47:06] | Then I thought maybe I just wanted him to be more than the sum of his parts. | 或许我只是希望他的整体比部分之和大吧 |
[47:10] | But as I looked into his eyes… | 但当我看着他的眼睛 |
[47:12] | …those dazzling eyes… | 那双明亮迷人的眼睛 |
[47:15] | …for the first time I was pretty sure that Bryce Loski was less. | 我第一次确定布莱斯作为整体一定更小 |
[47:30] | We’re going to invite the Bakers over for dinner. | 我们要请贝克家过来吃饭 |
[47:33] | – What? – I don’t know, Mom. | -什么 -有点意外啊 妈妈 |
[47:35] | I think that’s a marvelous idea. | 这是个很棒的主意 |
[47:37] | Patsy, what purpose does this serve? | 帕茜 干嘛请他们来 |
[47:40] | Trina Baker is a very nice person. | 翠娜·贝克人很不错 |
[47:42] | – And Matt and Mark are really cool. – I hate cool. | -马特跟马克也很酷 -我讨厌酷 |
[47:46] | Something we should’ve done years ago. | 几年前就该请他们吃饭了 |
[47:48] | Yeah, but we didn’t. And now we can’t. | 是啊 当初没有 现在就更不行了 |
[47:50] | The statute of limitations has run out. | 时机已经错过了 |
[47:54] | We’re having the Bakers over for dinner. | 请贝克家过来吃饭请定了 |
[47:58] | If this is about what I said last night, I’m sorry, okay? | 如果是因为昨晚我所说的话 我道歉 好吗 |
[48:03] | But, you know, having them over for dinner is not gonna fix his brother. | 可是请他们过来吃饭也治不好他弟弟 |
[48:07] | It’s going to be a sit-down dinner. | 这将是个正式晚宴 |
[48:09] | And I expect everyone to dress accordingly. | 希望大家衣着得体 |
[48:12] | Oh, God. Can’t we just have a barbecue? | 天哪 就弄个烧烤不好吗 |
[48:14] | It’s going to be a sit-down dinner. | 是正式晚宴 |
[48:19] | Just shoot me now. | 杀了我吧 |
[48:21] | Careful what you wish for. | 这话可不能乱说 |
[48:23] | So that was it. | 于是就这么定了 |
[48:25] | A dress-up, sit-down dinner | 正式着装的正式晚宴 |
[48:26] | with Juli Baker was in my immediate future. | 不久就要和朱莉·贝克坐在一个饭桌上了 |
[48:31] | And that made seeing Juli at school more uncomfortable. | 这让我在学校看见朱莉时更不自然了 |
[48:34] | I found myself staring at her in class. | 我不知不觉中在课堂上盯着她看 |
[48:37] | And the way her hair fell back over her shoulders… | 她的长发散落至肩 |
[48:39] | …she looked just like the picture in the newspaper. | 看上去就像她在报纸图片里的样子 |
[48:43] | Dana Tressler caught me watching. | 丹娜·崔斯勒发现了我的痴样 |
[48:46] | If I didn’t do something fast, this could spread like wildfire. | 要是我反应慢点的话 又得风言风语了 |
[48:49] | There was a bee in her hair. | 她头发上有只蜜蜂 |
[48:52] | See, there it goes. | 看 飞走了 |
[48:55] | There’s no bee. | 根本没蜜蜂 |
[48:58] | It flew out the window. | 从窗户飞出去了 |
[49:00] | I convinced myself I’d dodged a bullet. | 我总算躲过了一劫 |
[49:04] | I had to put Juli out of my mind. | 我不能再这么想着朱莉了 |
[49:06] | Keep the focus on the important stuff like schoolwork. | 还是把注意力集中到重要的学业上来吧 |
[49:13] | My weakness was unnerving. | 我却总是身不由己 |
[49:16] | I need your sharpener. | 借卷笔刀一用 |
[49:17] | You ever heard of knocking? | 进来要敲门 |
[49:18] | Hey, what you got there? Dad’s Playboy? | 藏着什么呢 老爸的《花花公子》杂志吗 |
[49:20] | None of your business. | 不关你事 |
[49:22] | – Give my best to Miss October. – Get out. | -代我向十月女郎问好哦 -出去 |
[49:25] | – Or should I say your best? Ha, ha. – You’re disgusting. | -应该说是代你自己向她问好吧 -你真恶心 |
[49:29] | Another disaster avoided. | 又躲过一劫 |
[49:31] | My life had become a minefield. | 我的生活俨然成了雷区 |
[49:34] | – Hey, man. – Hey. | -嘿 哥们 -嗨 |
[49:38] | What’s this? | 这是什么啊 |
[49:42] | It’s not what you think. | 不是你想的那样 |
[49:45] | Okay, it is what you think, but I can explain. | 好吧 如你所想 不过我可以解释 |
[49:49] | Okay, I can’t explain. Can we just talk about it later? | 好吧 我解释不了 待会再说行吗 |
[49:52] | Whatever you say. | 随便你了 |
[49:54] | I had to talk to someone. | 我得找个人说说心事 |
[49:55] | Why not Garrett? | 不如就找伽利特吧 |
[49:57] | Maybe he could help me get back on track. | 或许他能帮我重回正轨 |
[49:59] | Garrett was surprisingly sensitive in matters of the heart. | 在内心情感方面伽利特极有悟性 |
[50:01] | Are you freaking mental? Juli Baker. You hate her. | 你神经病啊 朱莉·贝克 你讨厌她 |
[50:04] | That’s what’s weird. I don’t think I do. | 我也奇怪 我好像并不讨厌她了 |
[50:06] | I can’t stop thinking about her. | 我就是忍不住老想她 |
[50:07] | – You got it bad, man. – Well, what do I do? | -你完了 -那我该怎么办 |
[50:10] | Well, you gotta nip this in the bud. | 你必须及早打消这种想法 |
[50:12] | These aren’t real emotions. | 这不是真实的情感 |
[50:13] | – They’re not? – You feel guilty because of the egg thing. | -不是吗 -你是因为鸡蛋的事而感觉愧疚 |
[50:16] | Yeah, and I insulted her yard. | 是啊 我还侮辱了她家的院子 |
[50:18] | Exactly. Of course, the place is a dump anyways. | 没错 不过那地方确实一团糟 |
[50:20] | Her dad’s got a retarded brother | 她有个智障的叔叔 |
[50:21] | and all their money goes to helping him. | 家里的钱都花在他身上了 |
[50:24] | A retard? Well, shoot, that ought to tell you something. | 智障? 靠 那你就该明白了 |
[50:27] | – About what? – About Juli. | -明白什么 -朱莉啊 |
[50:30] | What are you saying? | 什么啊 |
[50:32] | The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, my friend. | 所谓上梁不正下梁歪 朋友 |
[50:34] | I couldn’t believe it. I wanted to yell at him. | 真让人受不了 我真想朝他大吼 |
[50:37] | Tell him that he didn’t know Juli like I did. | 告诉他他并不了解朱莉 |
[50:40] | But all that came out was: | 但最终说出口的却是: |
[50:43] | Heh, oh. Right. | 哦 对哦 |
[50:45] | Yeah. | 对吧 |
[50:47] | Right. Um, I’ll talk to you later. | 没错 嗯…回头再聊吧 |
[50:53] | I was supposed to go to Garrett’s after school… | 放学后我本该去伽利特那儿的 |
[50:56] | …but I couldn’t be around him. | 可我不想见他 |
[50:57] | He’d crossed the line. | 他太过分了 |
[50:59] | And standing right next to him across that line was my father. | 跟他一样过分的还有我爸 |
[51:03] | I didn’t care what they thought. | 我才不管他们想什么 |
[51:05] | I liked Juli Baker. | 我喜欢朱莉·贝克 |
[51:11] | Sunday mornings are peaceful in our house. | 每个周日早上我们家都很宁静 |
[51:13] | My dad lets himself sleep in. | 爸爸睡懒觉 |
[51:15] | My mother lets herself not fix breakfast. | 我妈也不做早饭 |
[51:18] | If my brothers have been out late playing with their band… | 要是哥哥们前一天出去和乐队玩到很晚 |
[51:20] | …you won’t even know they’re around till noon. | 他们到中午才会起床 |
[51:23] | But this Sunday, I woke up feeling weird. | 不过这个周日 我醒来后有种奇怪的感觉 |
[51:26] | I had to do something | 我必须得忙活些什么 |
[51:27] | to shake off the confused feelings about Bryce… | 好让自己忘掉对布莱斯纠结的感觉 |
[51:30] | …that were starting to creep back in. | 这些感觉又开始萦绕在我脑中了 |
[51:39] | You really did it, didn’t you? Heh. | 你还真做到了 不是吗 |
[51:44] | – Proud of you. – Thanks, Dad. | -为你骄傲 -谢谢爸爸 |
[51:47] | – Where you going? – To see Daniel. It’s his birthday. | -你去哪儿 -去看看丹尼 今天是他生日 |
[51:53] | I wanna come with you. | 我想跟你一起去 |
[51:55] | Oh, honey, just enjoy the morning, stay with your mom. | 亲爱的 好好享受早晨吧 陪陪你妈 |
[51:59] | No, Dad. I wanna come. | 不 爸 我想去 |
[52:03] | Sweetheart, listen. | 甜心 听着 |
[52:05] | Sometimes, with Daniel… | 有时侯丹尼… |
[52:07] | I’m coming, Dad. | 我要去 爸 |
[52:12] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[52:14] | We’d better leave a note for your mother. | 最好留个便条给你妈妈 |
[52:19] | In all the years, I’d never visited my Uncle Daniel. | 这些年来我都没去见过我叔叔丹尼 |
[52:22] | I don’t know why. | 不知道为什么 |
[52:24] | It was always something my dad did alone. | 这事一直都是我爸单独去做的 |
[52:27] | We didn’t say much to each other on the drive to Devonhurst, | 去德文霍斯特的路上我们少言寡语 |
[52:29] | but I didn’t care. | 但我并不介意 |
[52:31] | I just liked being with my dad. | 我就是喜欢跟我爸呆在一起 |
[52:34] | Somehow the silence seemed to connect us | 不过似乎一路上的沉默 |
[52:35] | in a way that words never could. | 反而胜过了千言万语 |
[52:56] | The residents tend to the grounds as part of their therapy. | 这里的人把劳动也当做一种治疗手段 |
[53:03] | It takes some getting used to. They’re good people, though. | 得花点时间才能适应 不过他们人都很好 |
[53:09] | Daniel? | 丹尼 |
[53:11] | Daniel. | 丹尼 |
[53:13] | Richard! You’re here! | 理查德 你来啦 |
[53:16] | Richard for my birthday. | 理查德来给我过生日了 |
[53:19] | Who? Richard, who? Who? | 谁 理查德 这是谁 |
[53:21] | Who? Who? Richard, who? Who? | 谁 谁 理查德 这是谁 谁 |
[53:23] | Daniel, Daniel, it’s Julianna. It’s my daughter. | 丹尼 丹尼 这是朱莉安娜 我女儿 |
[53:26] | Your niece. | 你的侄女 |
[53:29] | Julianna. | 朱莉安娜 |
[53:31] | – Ha, Julianna. – Happy birthday, Uncle Daniel. | -朱莉安娜 -生日快乐 丹尼叔叔 |
[53:34] | Richard. It’s my birthday. | 理查德 今天是我生日 |
[53:37] | I have your pictures, Julianna. I have your pictures. | 我有你照片 朱莉安娜 我有你照片 |
[53:41] | We have a present for you. | 我们给你准备了礼物 |
[53:44] | A puzzle? A puzzle, Richard? | 拼图吗 拼图 理查德 |
[53:45] | Not just a puzzle. | 不只拼图 |
[53:47] | A puzzle and a… | 拼图和一个… |
[53:50] | …pinwheel. | 风车 |
[53:51] | A pinwheel! Thank you, Richard. | 风车 谢谢 理查德 |
[53:55] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[53:59] | Orange. Outside? Outside, Richard? | 橙色的 出去吗 出去 理查德 |
[54:01] | You wanna go outside? All right, we’ll go to, uh, McElliot’s. | 想出去吗 好吧 那就去麦艾乐 |
[54:05] | – We’ll walk out there for an ice cream. – Ice cream! | -我们走到那边买个冰激凌 -冰激凌 |
[54:07] | Oh, no. No, no, we can’t. | 不 不 不 不行 |
[54:10] | Daniel doesn’t like ice cream. | 丹尼不喜欢冰激凌 |
[54:16] | – I do like ice cream, Richard. – I’m only kidding. | -我喜欢冰激凌啊 理查德 -我开玩笑呢 |
[54:19] | I know you like ice cream. | 我知道你喜欢 |
[54:21] | You love ice cream. All right, come on. | 你喜欢冰激凌 好了 走吧 |
[54:30] | Here you go. Got it? | 给 拿好 |
[54:32] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[54:33] | It’s my birthday. | 今天是我生日 |
[54:40] | Lollipop. It’s my birthday. | 棒棒糖 今天是我生日 |
[54:47] | You like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[54:50] | All right, Daniel. Okay, wait, wait. | 好了 丹尼 等等 |
[54:52] | Ice cream. Ice cream. | 冰激凌 冰激凌 |
[54:53] | – My ice cream. My ice cream. – It’s okay. Daniel. | -我的冰激凌 我的冰激凌 -没事的 丹尼 |
[54:57] | Daniel! | 丹尼 |
[54:59] | Daniel! Leave it, I’ll get y… | 丹尼 别要了 我再… |
[55:01] | Ice cream on the floor. Ice cream on the floor. | 掉地上了 冰激凌掉地上了 |
[55:03] | – Would you go get him another cone? – Yeah. | -你再去给他买一个 -好 |
[55:06] | I need ice cream, Richard! | 我要冰激凌 理查德 |
[55:08] | It’s my birthday, Richard. It’s my birthday! | 今天我生日 理查德 我生日 |
[55:11] | Ice cream, Richard! Ice cream, Richard! | 冰激凌 理查德 冰激凌 理查德 |
[55:14] | Stop! Stop it! | 停 停 |
[55:16] | – I need it! – Stop it! Stop it! | -我要 -行了 停手 |
[55:20] | – Here we go. – Ice cream! | -来了 -冰激凌 |
[55:24] | – Richard! – Okay, okay. I’ve got some ice cream. | -理查德 -好了好了 有冰激凌了 |
[55:29] | Birthday ice cream. That’s good, Richard. | 生日冰激凌 太好了 理查德 |
[55:32] | I’m so sorry. He hasn’t done anything like that… | 抱歉 他以前没这样过… |
[55:34] | I’d often heard my father talk about how difficult life was for Daniel. | 我经常听爸爸说丹尼的生活有多么不易 |
[55:38] | But I never really understood it until now. | 到今天我才真正理解 |
[55:42] | – Yeah, there you go. – Heh. Orange. | -嗯 转得不错 -橙色的 |
[55:45] | On the walk back, Daniel acted like nothing had happened. | 走回去的时候 丹尼跟没事一样 |
[55:48] | Other way. Other way. | 这边 这边 |
[55:50] | On the ride home, my dad told me that | 回家的路上 爸爸告诉我 |
[55:53] | Uncle Daniel used to live with him and Mom before we were born. | 在生我们之前 叔叔跟他和妈妈一起生活 |
[55:56] | But after a while, it became too difficult. | 后来就变得很困难了 |
[56:00] | When we got home, everything looked the same. | 回家后 表面看来一切如常 |
[56:03] | But it wasn’t. | 可实际上却变了 |
[56:05] | Before today, Daniel had always been just a name to me. | 在此之前 丹尼对我来说只是个名字 |
[56:09] | Now he was part of the family. | 现在却是家庭的一部分了 |
[56:23] | How’d it go? | 怎么样 |
[56:25] | I’m glad I went. | 很高兴我去了 |
[56:27] | I’m glad you went too. | 我也很高兴 |
[56:29] | Trina, it’s Sunday. What are you doing mopping the floor? | 翠娜 今天周日 干嘛要拖地啊 |
[56:34] | Patty Loski invited us over for dinner Friday night. | 帕茜·洛斯奇请我们下周五去她家吃晚饭 |
[56:38] | Shouldn’t she be mopping her floor? | 那不是应该她拖她家的地吗 |
[56:40] | Or did she ask to borrow ours? | 难道是要借咱家地板一用? |
[56:44] | Nervous energy. | 我就是有点激动 |
[56:46] | – Did she invite all of us? – Yes, she did. | -请我们全家吗 -嗯 全家 |
[56:49] | Even our friend Sal Monella? | 甚至包括我们的沙门氏菌朋友吗 |
[56:52] | Richard. | 理查德 |
[56:54] | Why, after all these years? | 为什么 都这么多年了 |
[56:56] | Well, she said she felt really bad that they hadn’t invited us before… | 她说这么多年都没邀请过我们 很过意不去 |
[57:02] | …and apparently they want to get to know us better. | 而且看来他们也想和我们加深了解 |
[57:05] | And you wanna go? | 你想去吗 |
[57:07] | Well, she insisted. | 她坚持要请 |
[57:10] | And I think it would be really nice. | 我觉得这也挺不错的 |
[57:14] | All right. | 好吧 |
[57:16] | We’ll go. | 那就去吧 |
[57:18] | I wasn’t too thrilled about dinner with the Loskis… | 我不太想去洛斯奇家吃饭 |
[57:21] | …but I could see it meant a lot to my mother. | 但我看得出我妈很期待 |
[57:25] | At school the next day, I couldn’t seem to concentrate. | 第二天上学时 我总是走神 |
[57:28] | My thoughts kept running back to Daniel. | 思绪总是跑到丹尼那边 |
[57:31] | I wondered what my grandparents had gone through having a son like him… | 爷爷奶奶一定为这样的儿子付出了很多 |
[57:34] | …when reality interrupted. | 这时现实却打乱了我的思绪 |
[57:36] | – Bryce Loski likes you. – What? | -布莱斯·洛斯奇喜欢你 -什么 |
[57:39] | He’s got a big crush on you. | 他非常迷恋你 |
[57:41] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么啊 |
[57:42] | Bryce Loski does not have a crush on me. | 布莱斯·洛斯奇才没有迷恋我 |
[57:44] | Oh, yeah? In science, I caught him staring at you. | 是吗 科学课的时候 我发现他盯着你看 |
[57:47] | He said it was because there was a bee in your hair. | 她说你头发上有只蜜蜂 |
[57:50] | Is that the lamest cover-up or what? | 这理由真是太逊了 |
[57:53] | Maybe there was a bee. | 或许真有蜜蜂呢 |
[57:54] | The only bee you’re attracting is B-R-Y-C-E. | 你吸引的是只叫布莱斯的蜜蜂吧 |
[57:58] | I’m telling you, that boy is lost in love land. | 我告诉你 这男孩已经坠入情网了 |
[58:01] | – Come on. – Where? | -跟我来 -去哪儿 |
[58:02] | I saw him sneaking off with Garrett. Come on. | 我看见他跟伽利特偷偷溜到那边去了 来 |
[58:07] | Are you freaking mental? Juli Baker. You hate her. | 你神经病啊 朱莉·贝克 你讨厌她 |
[58:10] | That’s what’s so weird. I don’t think I do. | 我也奇怪 我好像并不讨厌她了 |
[58:12] | I can’t stop thinking about her. | 我就是忍不住老想她 |
[58:14] | – You got it bad, man. – What do I do? | -你完了 -那我该怎么办 |
[58:16] | You gotta nip this in the bud. | 你得趁早打消这种想法 |
[58:18] | – These aren’t real emotions. – They’re not? | -这不是真实的情感 -不是吗 |
[58:21] | You feel guilty because of the egg thing. | 你是因为鸡蛋的事情而感觉愧疚 |
[58:23] | Yeah, and I insulted her yard. | 是啊 我还侮辱了她家的院子 |
[58:25] | Exactly. The place is a dump anyways. | 没错 那地方确实一团糟 |
[58:27] | Her dad’s got a retarded brother | 她有个智障的叔叔 |
[58:28] | and all their money goes to helping him. | 家里的钱都花在他身上了 |
[58:31] | A retard? Well, that ought to tell you something. | 智障? 那你就该明白了 |
[58:33] | – About what? – About Juli. | -明白什么 -朱莉啊 |
[58:36] | What are you saying? | 什么啊 |
[58:37] | The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, my friend. | 所谓上梁不正下梁歪 朋友 |
[58:40] | – Oh, heh. Yeah. Right. – Yeah. | -哦 对哦 -对吧 |
[58:44] | I’ll talk to you later. | 回头再聊吧 |
[58:46] | Okay. | 好的 |
[58:50] | I’m sorry. I thought… | 抱歉 我还以为… |
[58:52] | It’s okay. It’s fine. | 没关系 没事的 |
[58:55] | And it was. | 确实无所谓 |
[58:56] | Because now my confusion was gone. | 现在我的困惑已经烟消云散了 |
[58:59] | I was sure I no longer liked Bryce Loski. | 我确定 我已经不再喜欢布莱斯·洛斯奇了 |
[59:06] | Mom, are you trying to make the Bakers feel totally worthless? | 妈 你搞成这样是想让贝克家相形见绌吗 |
[59:09] | I want it to be nice. | 我就是想弄丰盛点 |
[59:12] | – And why aren’t you dressed? – I’m going. | -你怎么还不穿好衣服 -我这就去 |
[59:17] | I wanted to look good for Juli. | 我想让朱莉觉得我很帅 |
[59:19] | But I didn’t want her to think that I wanted to look good for her. | 但又不能让她看出我是特意为她而打扮的 |
[59:23] | It was a fine line. | 这两者有着微妙的界限 |
[59:30] | A very fine line. | 非常微妙的界限 |
[59:35] | Bryce, they’re here. Come on down. | 布莱斯 他们到了 快下来 |
[59:38] | Coming! | 来了 |
[59:41] | Come on in. | 快进来 |
[59:43] | – Come in, come in. – There goes the waistline. | -请进 请进 -真漂亮 |
[59:45] | I’m glad you could make it. Lynetta, Steven, company’s here. | 很高兴你们能来 琳妮塔 斯蒂文 客人们到了 |
[59:48] | – Coming! – What is this? Homemade pie? | -来了 -这是什么 自己做的馅饼吗 |
[59:51] | Yes, it’s pecan and blueberry cheesecake. | 对 核桃馅饼和蓝莓芝士馅饼 |
[59:54] | Let’s take them to the kitchen. | 我们拿到厨房去吧 |
[59:55] | – Hi, guys. – Hey, looking good. | -大家好 -你好 好漂亮啊 |
[59:57] | – This is my dad. – Hi, I’m Lynetta. | -这是我爸 -你好 我是琳妮塔 |
[59:59] | Hi, nice to finally meet you. | 你好 很高兴终于见到你了 |
[1:00:01] | Nice to meet you too. | 我也很高兴见到你 |
[1:00:02] | – My boys are telling me that… – Hey, big guy. | -我儿子们一直跟我说… -你好 大个子 |
[1:00:04] | Hey, Steven. How are you? | 你好 斯蒂文 最近还好吧 |
[1:00:05] | We should’ve done this a long time ago. Come on in. | 早就该一起吃个饭了 快进来 |
[1:00:09] | This is a cool place. | 你们家可真漂亮啊 |
[1:00:10] | Yeah, it’s all right. Come on, I’ll show you my room. | 嗯 还凑合吧 来 我带你们去看我的房间 |
[1:00:14] | You gotta hear this new song we wrote. | 你该听听我们写的新歌 |
[1:00:16] | It’s so good. | 特好听 |
[1:00:18] | Hi. | 你好 |
[1:00:25] | You look nice. | 你真漂亮 |
[1:00:27] | I heard you and Garrett making fun of my uncle in the library. | 我在图书馆听到你和伽利特取笑我叔叔 |
[1:00:30] | And I don’t wanna speak to you. | 我不想和你说话 |
[1:00:32] | Not now, not ever. | 现在不想 永远不想 |
[1:00:36] | – And I say you can. – But what you’re proposing | -我认为可以 -不过你的建议 |
[1:00:39] | would require a perpetual-motion machine, so it’s not possible. | 需要一个永动机 所以不太可能 |
[1:00:44] | If you had two opposite charged poles with a neutral conductor… | 如果有两个相反磁极和一个不带磁的导体… |
[1:00:47] | Perpetual motion? | 永动机 |
[1:00:49] | Here I was, dying inside, | 此刻我的心都要碎了 |
[1:00:50] | and they were talking about perpetual motion. | 他们却在谈论永动机 |
[1:00:52] | And how did Juli know about all that stuff? | 朱莉是怎么知道那些玩意的 |
[1:00:55] | Come on, everybody, dinner’s ready. Lynetta! | 快来 同志们 饭好了 琳妮塔 |
[1:00:58] | Dinner! | 吃饭了 |
[1:00:59] | Juli, can I talk to you? | 朱莉 能和你说几句话吗 |
[1:01:04] | It was wrong, what Garrett said. I know it. | 伽利特说的话是错的 我知道 |
[1:01:07] | Did you know it was wrong when he said it? | 他说的时候你就知道是错的吗 |
[1:01:10] | Yeah. I wanted to punch him. | 对 我想揍他来的 |
[1:01:13] | But we were in the library. | 但当时是在图书馆里 |
[1:01:15] | So instead you just agreed with him and laughed. | 所以你就赞同了他说的话 还和他一起笑 |
[1:01:18] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:01:21] | Then that makes you a coward. | 那你就是个懦夫 |
[1:01:27] | I had to sit across from Juli for an entire dinner. | 吃饭时我不得不和朱莉坐对面 |
[1:01:31] | My dad was right. | 我老爸是对的 |
[1:01:32] | We should have barbecued. | 本该吃烧烤的 |
[1:01:35] | I just want to say how wonderful it is to have you share a meal with us. | 你们能和我们一起吃饭真是太棒了 |
[1:01:38] | May it be the first of many. | 希望以后能经常一起吃 |
[1:01:42] | Wrong pipe. | 呛到了 |
[1:01:45] | We couldn’t be happier. | 我们太开心了 |
[1:01:48] | We are just all so thrilled to be here. | 我们能来拜访真的很激动 |
[1:02:01] | Juli, you did a really nice job on your yard. | 朱莉 你的院子收拾得真不错 |
[1:02:04] | Thanks. Chet was a big help. | 谢谢 切特帮了不少忙 |
[1:02:07] | Yeah, I know. | 对 我知道 |
[1:02:09] | You gotta tell me your secret. | 你得告诉我你的秘诀 |
[1:02:10] | I can’t get him to do a thing around here. | 在家我可指望不上他干一点活 |
[1:02:12] | – Steven. – I kid. | -斯蒂文 -开个玩笑 |
[1:02:17] | I’m telling you, the neighborhood is really coming to life. | 跟你们说 小区现在真的有了生气 |
[1:02:22] | I mean, that new house is taking shape. | 我是说 新房子已经建的差不多了 |
[1:02:26] | Which one? | 哪个 |
[1:02:27] | You know, the one where they cut down that big ugly tree. | 就是那棵被砍掉的难看的大树那里 |
[1:02:31] | I wanted to say that a lot of people liked that tree, | 我本想说很多人都喜欢那棵树 |
[1:02:34] | but I didn’t. | 可我没说出口 |
[1:02:36] | I didn’t want to go against my dad. | 我不想顶撞我老爸 |
[1:02:39] | Some people thought that tree was the jewel of the neighborhood. | 有些人觉得那棵树可是小区的宝贝 |
[1:02:42] | Yeah, there’s no accounting for taste. | 对 品味不行没办法 |
[1:02:48] | So, Matt, Mark, Mark, Matt… | 那么 马特 马克 马克 马特 |
[1:02:51] | You guys are gonna be graduating soon, huh? | 你们马上就毕业了 是吗 |
[1:02:54] | Yeah, thank God. | 对 谢天谢地 |
[1:02:57] | You don’t like high school? | 你们不喜欢高中吗 |
[1:02:59] | – You kidding? – No. | -开玩笑吧 -不 |
[1:03:02] | High school was the best time of my life. | 高中是我一生中最美好的时光 |
[1:03:05] | – Not for us, no. – Yeah, we’ve had enough of that scene. | -对我们来说不是的 -对 我们可受够了 |
[1:03:10] | So college is probably out of the question, huh? | 那就更别提大学了 是吧 |
[1:03:13] | No, it’s a possibility. | 不 大学有可能 |
[1:03:14] | They’ve actually been accepted at several places already. | 实际上他们已经被几所大学录取了 |
[1:03:17] | Yes, they have. | 对 是这样 |
[1:03:19] | Really? | 是吗 |
[1:03:20] | That’s good. | 不错嘛 |
[1:03:23] | But, we’re gonna give music a shot first. | 不过 我们打算先尝试一下做音乐 |
[1:03:27] | – Really? – They are very talented. | -是吗 -他们很有天赋的 |
[1:03:30] | Their band is really boss. | 他们的乐队真的很棒 |
[1:03:33] | They did a bunch of demos and they’re really cool. | 他们录了一堆样带 非常不错 |
[1:03:36] | Thanks, Lyn. | 谢谢 琳 |
[1:03:37] | When Steven and I first met, he was playing in a band. | 我和斯蒂文刚认识时 他也在乐队 |
[1:03:40] | You played in a band? | 你以前在乐队演奏过吗 |
[1:03:43] | He was a wonderful saxophone player. | 他是个超棒的萨克斯手 |
[1:03:47] | – Cool. You still play? – I… | -酷啊 你还演奏吗 -我… |
[1:03:50] | If you want, you can come jam out with us sometime. | 你愿意的话 有空可以来和我们一起演奏 |
[1:03:54] | Ah, you… | 嗯 你们… |
[1:03:55] | No, I mean… | 不 我是说… |
[1:03:57] | That’s not me anymore. | 我已经不玩那个了 |
[1:03:59] | Have you boys ever performed in front of an audience? | 你们在观众面前表演过吗 |
[1:04:02] | A lot of times. | 经常 |
[1:04:03] | The more Matt and Mark talked about their musical exploits, | 马特和马克越是谈论他们的音乐事业 |
[1:04:06] | the quieter my dad got. | 我老爸就越沉默 |
[1:04:08] | He tried to plaster on a smile now and then, | 他时不时想挤出点笑容 |
[1:04:11] | but underneath he seemed really sad. | 不过他心里好像很伤感 |
[1:04:15] | But my parents didn’t like him at first. | 但是我父母开始还不喜欢他 |
[1:04:18] | Republicans fought like crazy against the New Deal. | 共和党拼命抵制新政 |
[1:04:21] | The rest of the evening was painless enough. | 那晚剩下的时间过得还算风平浪静 |
[1:04:24] | But through it all, Juli didn’t say a word to me. | 不过整晚朱莉都没和我说一句话 |
[1:04:28] | Never even looked at me. | 甚至没看过我一眼 |
[1:04:32] | Until she was about to leave. | 直到她快走时 |
[1:04:35] | I’m sorry I was so angry when we first came in. | 对不起我刚来时发这么大脾气 |
[1:04:38] | I think everyone had a good time. | 我觉得今晚每个人都挺开心 |
[1:04:41] | Your mom was really nice to invite us. | 很感谢你妈妈邀请我们 |
[1:04:45] | See you. | 再见 |
[1:04:47] | Her apology made things worse. | 她的道歉让我感觉更糟 |
[1:04:49] | – Wait for me. – I knew I wasn’t forgiven. | -等等我 -我知道她并没有原谅我 |
[1:04:53] | It was like I wasn’t even important enough to hold a grudge against. | 她似乎根本不屑于对我怀恨在心 |
[1:04:56] | I think they’re a delightful family. | 我觉得他们一家很讨人喜欢 |
[1:04:59] | Those boys were nothing like I expected. | 两个男孩和我想象的很不一样 |
[1:05:01] | I thought they were very nice young men. | 我认为他们是很不错的年轻人 |
[1:05:04] | – Hoodlums. – What? | -俩小痞子 -什么 |
[1:05:05] | How you think they can afford all that recording gear? | 你觉得他们付得起那些录音设备的钱吗 |
[1:05:08] | Steven, please. You can’t just make an accusation like that. | 斯蒂文 拜托 你不能这样乱说人家 |
[1:05:12] | Don’t be so naive, Patsy. | 别那么天真 帕茜 |
[1:05:15] | Do you know how expensive it is to record a demo? | 你知道录制样带有多贵吗 |
[1:05:18] | They’re probably stealing hubcaps, for chrissake. | 他们说不定在偷轮毂罩卖钱 |
[1:05:20] | You are such an asshole. | 你真是个混蛋 |
[1:05:23] | What is the matter with you? | 你发什么疯 |
[1:05:27] | Go to hell. | 去死吧 |
[1:05:29] | Don’t you talk to me like that. | 别这样跟我说话 |
[1:05:31] | Steven, stop! | 斯蒂文 站住 |
[1:05:32] | Nobody talks to me like that in my own house! – Stop! | 在这家里没人能和我这样说话 -站住 |
[1:05:36] | I’d seen my father angry before, but this was different. | 以前我见过老爸生气 可这次不同 |
[1:05:41] | As I lay in bed that night… | 那晚我躺在床上 |
[1:05:42] | I thought about how my dad always looked down on the Bakers. | 思索着我老爸为什么总看不起贝克一家 |
[1:05:46] | And how he’d called them trash | 他还称他们是垃圾 |
[1:05:47] | and made fun of Mr. Baker’s paintings. | 还取笑贝克先生画的画 |
[1:05:50] | And now I realized he was just mad at himself. | 现在我知道了 他只是在生自己的气 |
[1:05:53] | But why? | 可为什么呢 |
[1:05:55] | Juli called me a coward. | 朱莉叫我懦夫 |
[1:05:57] | Was it possible my dad was a coward too? | 我老爸会不会也是个懦夫呢 |
[1:06:00] | I didn’t know. | 不知道 |
[1:06:02] | What difference did it make? | 那又怎样呢 |
[1:06:04] | Juli Baker was out of my life. | 朱莉·贝克走出了我的生活 |
[1:06:06] | Or, more accurately… | 或者 更准确地说 |
[1:06:08] | I was out of hers. | 我走出了她的生活 |
[1:06:11] | As I was getting dressed for the Loskis’ dinner party | 当我为参加洛斯奇家的晚宴换衣服时 |
[1:06:14] | I found myself staring at the painting my father had given me | 我不由地注视着爸爸送我的那幅画 |
[1:06:17] | and became furious all over again. | 又一次怒不可遏 |
[1:06:19] | Bryce had never been a friend to me, ever. | 布莱斯从来都不是我的朋友 从来不是 |
[1:06:22] | He hadn’t taken my side about the tree; | 砍树时 他不站在我这边 |
[1:06:24] | he’d thrown away my eggs; | 他扔了我的鸡蛋 |
[1:06:26] | and he made fun of me at my uncle’s expense. | 还取笑我叔叔的花费 |
[1:06:29] | When my mother called that it was time to go… | 当妈妈叫我该走了的时候 |
[1:06:31] | Juli, let’s go, we’re late! | 朱莉 我们走吧 迟到了 |
[1:06:33] | I went out with every intention of telling her | 我非常想冲出去告诉她 |
[1:06:36] | that I wasn’t going to the Loskis for dinner. | 我不去洛斯奇家吃饭 |
[1:06:37] | Honey, please hold these. | 亲爱的 帮我拿着这些 |
[1:06:39] | I need to check my hair really quickly one more time. | 我得赶紧再看看我的头发 |
[1:06:41] | – Honey, your hair is perfect. – Really? | -亲爱的 你的头发很漂亮 -真的吗 |
[1:06:43] | But she looked so happy | 但是她看起来那么开心 |
[1:06:44] | and she’d gone to so much trouble over the pies | 她还花了那么多功夫做馅饼 |
[1:06:47] | that I couldn’t. | 我不能扫她的兴 |
[1:06:49] | My gosh. God, what a disaster. | 天啊 老天 差一点 |
[1:06:52] | Okay. Here, hold one, and you hold this. | 好啦 给 端着 你端着这盘 |
[1:06:54] | – I don’t wanna hold it. – I won’t have you hold it. | -我不想端 -我不会让你端的 |
[1:06:56] | Let’s go, boys. | 我们走吧 小伙子们 |
[1:06:58] | But that didn’t mean I had to be nice to Bryce. | 但那并不意味着我得对布莱斯客气 |
[1:07:00] | And I don’t wanna speak to you. | 我不想跟你说话 |
[1:07:02] | Not now, not ever. | 现在不想 永远不想 |
[1:07:05] | It felt good to take charge. | 掌握主动权的感觉不错 |
[1:07:06] | I felt strong, in control. | 我感到强大自信 |
[1:07:08] | I told Bryce what I thought | 我告诉了布莱斯我的想法 |
[1:07:10] | and I was determined not to talk to him for the rest of the evening. | 还决定那天晚上不再和他讲话 |
[1:07:14] | At dinner it struck me that | 晚饭时让我惊讶的是 |
[1:07:16] | we were sharing a meal with a group of strangers. | 我们在和一群陌生人共同进餐 |
[1:07:19] | We’d lived across the street from the Loskis for years | 我们住在洛斯奇家对面已经好多年了 |
[1:07:22] | but except for Chet, I didn’t know these people at all. | 但是除了切特 我根本就不认识这些人 |
[1:07:26] | Mr. Loski was clean and smooth on the outside… | 洛斯奇先生外表温文尔雅 |
[1:07:29] | but it seemed like | 但貌似也只不过是 |
[1:07:30] | there was something rotten buried just beneath the surface. | 金玉其外败絮其中 |
[1:07:36] | By the end of the evening, all I felt was detached, neutral. | 到晚饭结束时 我只感到平静超脱 |
[1:07:41] | No fireworks, no leftover anger, | 没有激烈言辞 也没觉得余怒未消 |
[1:07:43] | no flutters, nothing. | 更没有心烦意乱 什么也没有 |
[1:07:46] | See you. | 再见 |
[1:07:48] | I went to bed that night feeling peaceful. | 那晚我入睡前觉得很平静 |
[1:07:50] | – You okay? – Yeah. | -你还好吧 -还好 |
[1:07:52] | I was grateful that I had the family I had. | 有这样的家人我很知足 |
[1:07:56] | And it felt good to no longer care about Bryce Loski. | 不再关注布莱斯·洛斯奇 也让我感觉挺好 |
[1:08:05] | The dinner with the Bakers had taken its toll on me. | 和贝克一家的晚餐 让我付出了代价 |
[1:08:09] | Then the annual school fundraiser arrived | 一年一度的校园筹款活动开始了 |
[1:08:11] | and I found myself with a whole new set of problems. | 我发现自己被一系列新的问题纠缠住了 |
[1:08:16] | I was a Basketboy. | 我成了”午餐男孩” |
[1:08:19] | To fully appreciate the humiliation of being a Basketboy, | 要想充分理解作为”午餐男孩”的耻辱 |
[1:08:22] | you need to know that the chosen few | 你就得知道 被选中的可怜蛋 |
[1:08:23] | are auctioned off in front of the student body | 要在学校同学面前被拍卖 |
[1:08:26] | to the highest-bidding females. | 卖给出价最高的女同学 |
[1:08:28] | Yes, technically, each of us comes with a lunch in a basket. | 对 形式上我们是拎着装午餐的篮子登台 |
[1:08:31] | But let’s not kid ourselves. | 不过还是不要自欺欺人了 |
[1:08:33] | This was a beefcake parade. | 其实就是出卖男色 |
[1:08:34] | There he is, my idol. | 他在这里 我的偶像 |
[1:08:36] | One word, you’re a dead man. | 再胡说你就死定了 |
[1:08:38] | No, man, I’m serious. Listen, you won’t believe this. | 不 老兄 说真的 你不会相信的 |
[1:08:40] | What? | 什么 |
[1:08:42] | Two of the hottest chicks are fighting over you. | 两个辣妹为你大打出手 |
[1:08:44] | – What are you talking about? – Sherry is breaking up with Mitch. | -你在说什么啊 -雪莉和米胖分手了 |
[1:08:47] | She and Melanie are having a bidding war over you. | 她和美兰妮为你大打竞价之战 |
[1:08:49] | I don’t care. | 没兴趣 |
[1:08:51] | Are you nuts? Sherry dumped Mitch because of you. | 你是傻瓜吗 雪莉为了你把米胖甩了 |
[1:08:54] | You’re my idol. | 你是我的偶像 |
[1:08:56] | As comforting as it was to be Garrett’s idol, | 即便成了伽利特的偶像 |
[1:08:58] | it didn’t diminish the horror of being Basketboy number nine. | 成为9号”午餐男孩”的恐惧心情也丝毫未减 |
[1:09:02] | And my only hope was that | 我唯一的希望是 |
[1:09:03] | a giant tornado would destroy the school before the big event. | 一场巨大的龙卷风在活动举办前光临学校 |
[1:09:07] | It was a long shot. | 但这很渺茫 |
[1:09:10] | Welcome everyone | 欢迎大家 |
[1:09:12] | to this year’s Mayfield Boosters Club Auction. | 光临今年的梅菲德中学筹款义拍会 |
[1:09:16] | Once again we are pleased to present | 让我们再次有请 |
[1:09:19] | – 20 of Mayfield’s finest young men… – Bryce, Bryce, Bryce. | -梅菲德中学的二十位杰出青年… -布莱斯 布莱斯 |
[1:09:23] | – What are you doing here? – Juli’s in the third row. | -你到这来做什么 -朱莉在第三排 |
[1:09:25] | – So? – So she’s got a wad of cash. | -那又怎样 -她手持巨款 |
[1:09:28] | – Bullshit. – Bull-true. | -放屁 -是真屁 |
[1:09:29] | I saw her counting it by her locker. | 我看到她在柜子旁数钱来的 |
[1:09:31] | And now | 现在 |
[1:09:33] | please give a big Mayfield School welcome… | 请在场的梅菲德中学师生热烈欢迎 |
[1:09:36] | to your 1963 Basketboys. | 1963年度的”午餐男孩”们 |
[1:09:45] | Juli with cash? What did this mean? | 朱莉带着钱 这是什么意思 |
[1:09:48] | Was it possible she was gonna bid on me? | 会不会是她想拍下我 |
[1:09:50] | First up, we have | 首先 我们有请 |
[1:09:53] | Raymond Hughes. | 雷蒙·休斯 |
[1:09:55] | Raymond’s on the chess team | 雷蒙是象棋小组成员 |
[1:09:57] | and his hobbies include stamp collecting and the yo-yo. | 他爱好集邮和玩溜溜球 |
[1:10:01] | Remember, when you bid | 记住 竞价成功后 |
[1:10:03] | you’ll not only be getting the handsome Mr. Hughes. | 你得到的不只是英俊的休斯先生 |
[1:10:07] | You’ll also be enjoying | 还可以享用到 |
[1:10:09] | a lovely chicken-salad sandwich | 美味的鸡肉沙拉三明治 |
[1:10:13] | and what looks to be a tasty bean dip, and… | 配有美味蘸料 看上去是豆酱 还有… |
[1:10:18] | Excuse me, onion dip. | 抱歉 是洋葱酱 |
[1:10:20] | And a big slice of cherry pie. | 还有一大块樱桃馅饼 |
[1:10:23] | Okay, who will start the bidding at $5? | 好 起价五美元 有谁愿意出 |
[1:10:27] | – Thus began the bidding. – Anybody? | -竞拍就这样开始了 -有人吗 |
[1:10:30] | Or in Raymond Hughes’ case, the lack of bidding. | 或者说 是从雷蒙·休斯的险些流拍开始了 |
[1:10:34] | Very good, here we go. | 很好 成交 |
[1:10:37] | – Five. – Sold. | -五美元 -成交 |
[1:10:39] | – Ten dollars. – Sold. | -十美元 -成交 |
[1:10:40] | – Fifteen. – Sold. | -十五块 -成交 |
[1:10:43] | Come on. Do I hear 10? | 快 是不是有出十块的 |
[1:10:46] | – Ten. – Ten. | -十块 -十块 |
[1:10:48] | – Ten. – Peanut-butter-and-banana sandwich. | -十块 -是花生酱香蕉三明治哟 |
[1:10:51] | Fifteen. | 十五块 |
[1:10:52] | Sold for $15. | 十五美元成交 |
[1:10:56] | Number eight is Eddie Trulock. | 8号是艾迪·楚勒 |
[1:11:00] | Eddie is a member of the debate team. | 艾迪是辩论队的成员 |
[1:11:02] | Now only Eddie Trulock stood between me and the auction block. | 艾迪·楚勒之后就要轮到我登台了 |
[1:11:07] | I wasn’t interested in his hobbies or what was in his basket. | 我可没有兴趣听他的爱好和篮子里有什么 |
[1:11:09] | Let’s start the bidding at $5. | 我们从五美元开始 |
[1:11:11] | All I could think of was Juli. | 我的脑子里只有朱莉 |
[1:11:13] | – Anybody? – What if she did bid on me? | -有人出价吗 -万一她真对我出价了怎么办 |
[1:11:16] | What if she got in a bidding war | 万一她跟雪莉和美兰妮展开竞价大战 |
[1:11:17] | with Sherry and Melanie and lost out? | 最后输掉了怎么办 |
[1:11:19] | No bidders? | 没人出价吗 |
[1:11:20] | I was contemplating the horrors of this scenario when… | 我正在沉思这个恐怖情景 突然听到… |
[1:11:23] | Eight dollars. | 八美元 |
[1:11:24] | There you go. Eight dollars, | 有人出价了 八美元 |
[1:11:26] | that’s more like it. Do I hear 10? | 这个价还差不多 有没有出十美元的 |
[1:11:28] | Juli Baker was bidding on Eddie Trulock? | 朱莉·贝克为艾迪·楚勒出价? |
[1:11:30] | – Okay, 8 going once. – How could she bid on Eddie? | -好 八美元一次 -她怎么会为艾迪出价 |
[1:11:33] | – Eight going twice. – How could she bid on anyone? | -八美元两次 -她怎么会出价竞拍别人呢 |
[1:11:36] | Sold to Juli Baker. | 卖给朱莉·贝克啦 |
[1:11:42] | Next is Basketboy number nine, Bryce Loski. | 下一个是9号”午餐男孩” 布莱斯·洛斯奇 |
[1:11:47] | I knew I was supposed to step forward, but I couldn’t move. | 我知道该走上前去 可是我动不了 |
[1:11:51] | Step up, Bryce, don’t be shy. | 前面来 布莱斯 不要害羞 |
[1:11:55] | Better late than never. | 姗姗来迟总比没来好 |
[1:11:58] | Bryce likes to play baseball. | 布莱斯喜欢打棒球 |
[1:12:00] | – Five dollars. – Wait until l… | -五美元 -先等我… |
[1:12:02] | – Ten. | -十美元 |
[1:12:04] | Well, it appears the bidding is underway. | 好吧 貌似竞价已经开始了 |
[1:12:06] | – Fifteen. – Twenty. | -十五美元 -二十 |
[1:12:08] | – Twenty-five. – Thirty. | -二十五 -三十 |
[1:12:09] | – Thirty-five. – Forty. | -三十五 -四十 |
[1:12:12] | – Fifty. – Oh, my… | -五十 -天哪 |
[1:12:15] | Fifty dollars. | 五十美元 |
[1:12:17] | Fifty going once. | 五十美元一次 |
[1:12:20] | Fifty going twice. | 五十美元两次 |
[1:12:22] | Sold to Miss Sherry Stalls for $50. | 五十美元卖给雪莉·斯图小姐了 |
[1:12:26] | An all-time record. | 打破义拍会记录了 |
[1:12:29] | The boosters will be very grateful for such a generous donation. | 筹款会将会非常感谢如此慷慨的捐助 |
[1:12:33] | It’s strange. | 真奇怪 |
[1:12:35] | Here I was having lunch with the hottest girl in school | 我在这里和全校最火辣的女孩共进午餐 |
[1:12:38] | and I was miserable. | 我却觉得很悲惨 |
[1:12:40] | We’re going up to the lake. My dad has a cabin there. | 我们打算去湖边 我爸爸在那有个小木屋 |
[1:12:43] | And you get the most outrageous tan. | 在那儿能把皮肤晒得黝黑 |
[1:12:45] | Because less than 20 feet away from me was Juli. | 因为朱莉就坐在离我不到二十英尺的地方 |
[1:12:48] | My Juli with Eddie Trulock. | 我的朱莉和艾迪·楚勒在一起 |
[1:12:52] | She’s laughing. | 她笑着 |
[1:12:54] | What was she laughing about? | 她在笑什么 |
[1:12:56] | How could she sit there and laugh | 她怎么能坐在那开怀大笑 |
[1:12:58] | and look so beautiful? | 而且看起来这么漂亮呢 |
[1:13:01] | Bryce, are you all right? | 布莱斯 你还好吗 |
[1:13:04] | What? | 什么 |
[1:13:05] | What are you staring at? | 你看什么呢 |
[1:13:07] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[1:13:11] | Lunch is really delicious, Bryce. | 午餐真的很好吃 布莱斯 |
[1:13:17] | Bryce, did you hear me? | 布莱斯 你听见我说话了吗 |
[1:13:19] | This is a really delicious lunch. | 我说午餐真的很好吃 |
[1:13:22] | Can we not talk about tans or food? | 咱们别说什么晒黑和吃的了 好吗 |
[1:13:25] | Well, what do you wanna talk about? | 好啊 你想谈点什么 |
[1:13:28] | I don’t know, perpetual motion? | 我也不知道 谈谈永动机怎样 |
[1:13:30] | Do you know anything about that? | 你知道这个吗 |
[1:13:32] | Perpetual what? | 永什么 |
[1:13:37] | I don’t know what came over me. | 我不知道我当时怎么了 |
[1:13:38] | It was like I was possessed or something. | 我好像是被附身了一样 |
[1:13:40] | – Juli, I gotta talk to you. – What? | -朱莉 我得和你谈谈 -什么 |
[1:13:46] | What’s going on, Bryce? | 布莱斯 你怎么了 |
[1:13:51] | What are you doing? | 你干什么啊 |
[1:13:54] | Bryce, stop it. | 布莱斯 别这样 |
[1:13:56] | Bryce, you didn’t even make it to first base. | 布莱斯 你连一垒都没上啊 |
[1:13:58] | I’ll kiss you. Ha, ha. | 我来亲你吧 哈哈 |
[1:14:00] | Juli! Juli! | 朱莉 朱莉 |
[1:14:04] | Juli, wait. Can we talk? | 朱莉 等等 我们能谈谈吗 |
[1:14:07] | Juli! | 朱莉 |
[1:14:09] | – What’s the matter with you? – Leave me alone, Garrett. | -你是怎么了 -别管我 伽利特 |
[1:14:12] | You get a date with the finest girl on campus | 你本来在和校花约会 |
[1:14:14] | and you blow it for Juli. | 但是你却为了朱莉给搞砸了 |
[1:14:16] | – You wouldn’t understand! – I completely don’t understand! | -你是不会懂的 -我确实一点都不懂 |
[1:14:20] | We’re talking about Juli Baker here. | 我们说的是朱莉·贝克啊 |
[1:14:22] | Nightmare neighbor, know-it-all nuisance. The coop-poop babe. | 噩梦邻居 无所不知的讨厌鬼 鸡屎宝贝 |
[1:14:25] | Shut up! | 你给我闭嘴 |
[1:14:27] | Hey, have you flipped? What’s the matter with you? | 你是不是对她动心了 你怎么了 |
[1:14:30] | You know what, if you’re gonna be like this, | 你要是再这样的话 |
[1:14:32] | I don’t need the association. | 咱们就别做朋友了 |
[1:14:34] | Well, good, because neither do I. | 好啊 我不稀罕 |
[1:14:36] | Yeah, neither do I! | 是啊 我也不稀罕 |
[1:14:40] | As I walked home with the dirty dishes clanking inside my picnic basket, | 当我拎着一篮叮当作响的脏盘子走回家时 |
[1:14:44] | all I could think of was Juli. | 我满脑子都是朱莉 |
[1:14:46] | And I realized Garrett was right about one thing: | 我意识到伽利特至少有一件事说对了 |
[1:14:49] | I had flipped. Completely. | 我确实怦然心动了 彻彻底底的 |
[1:15:04] | Hello? | 你好 |
[1:15:05] | Oh, heh. Hi, Mrs. Baker. Is Juli there? | 您好 贝克太太 朱莉在家吗 |
[1:15:09] | Oh. I’m sorry, Bryce. Juli doesn’t wanna talk. | 不好意思 布莱斯 朱莉不想说话 |
[1:15:18] | Please, Mrs. Baker. I gotta see her. | 求您了 贝克太太 我得见她 |
[1:15:20] | I’m sorry, Bryce. | 我也没办法 布莱斯 |
[1:15:23] | But I’m afraid she’s locked herself in her room. | 她把自己锁在屋子里了 |
[1:15:31] | I tried to go to bed early that night… | 那晚 我试着早点睡 |
[1:15:34] | but I couldn’t sleep. | 但就是无法入眠 |
[1:15:36] | I watched her house from my window for hours. | 我在窗前坐了几个小时 呆望着她家的房子 |
[1:15:40] | I had to find a way to show her how I felt. | 我必须找机会告诉她我的感受 |
[1:15:45] | Monday morning, as I made my way into school… | 周一早晨 当我走进校门时 |
[1:15:47] | I was deciding which of the Everly Brothers I’d rather marry… | 我正琢磨着我想嫁给艾佛利兄弟[摇滚组合]中的哪个 |
[1:15:51] | when Dana Tressler forced Bryce back into my brain. | 这时丹娜·崔斯勒又让我想起了布莱斯 |
[1:15:54] | Juli. The list is out. | 朱莉 名单公布了 |
[1:15:57] | There he is, number nine, your main dish. | 他榜上有名 9号 你的主菜 |
[1:15:59] | Bryce Loski’s not my main dish. | 布莱斯·洛斯奇不是我的主菜 |
[1:16:01] | Oh, you’re sticking to your diet. | 哦 你在减肥吗 |
[1:16:03] | It’s not a diet, Dana. | 这不是减肥 丹娜 |
[1:16:05] | – I’m over him, okay? – I’m glad to hear it. | -我已经不喜欢他了 -很高兴听你这么说 |
[1:16:08] | Because rumor has it Sherry’s already staking her claim on him. | 因为大家都说雪莉已经志在必得了 |
[1:16:12] | Sherry? Sherry Stalls? | 雪莉 雪莉·斯图吗 |
[1:16:14] | Oh, Liz. Macy. The list is up. | 丽兹 梅茜 名单出来了 |
[1:16:20] | That afternoon, | 那天下午 |
[1:16:21] | I found myself obsessing about the Basketboy auction. | 我发现自己一直在想午餐男孩拍卖会的事 |
[1:16:25] | I could feel myself backsliding about Bryce. | 我对布莱斯的感觉又不争气地死灰复燃了 |
[1:16:28] | But why should I care if Sherry liked him? | 但雪莉喜欢他关我什么事 |
[1:16:30] | I shouldn’t even be thinking about him. | 我都不应该想起他 |
[1:16:33] | I had to rise above this. | 我得赶快摆脱出来 |
[1:16:35] | Bryce Loski was no longer in my life. | 我得忘了布莱斯·洛斯奇 |
[1:16:39] | On the morning of the auction, I was on edge. | 在那个拍卖会的早晨 我左右为难了 |
[1:16:43] | I found myself, without even knowing how it happened, | 我发现自己不知不觉中 |
[1:16:45] | staring at my egg money. | 总盯着卖鸡蛋的存钱盒看 |
[1:16:47] | I needed a strategy. | 我需要制定一个计划 |
[1:16:49] | It was simple. | 很简单 |
[1:16:50] | If I left my money at home, I’d leave temptation with it. | 如果不带钱的话 我就不会胡思乱想了 |
[1:16:55] | My strategy suffered a setback when I ran into Mrs. Steuby. | 但当我碰到斯杜比太太时 计划受挫了 |
[1:16:58] | Julianna. | 朱莉安娜 |
[1:16:59] | Julianna. | 朱莉安娜 |
[1:17:01] | Hello, dear. | 你好 亲爱的 |
[1:17:04] | I’m so sorry it’s taken me so long to get this to you… | 实在抱歉 我拖了这么长时间 |
[1:17:07] | but I keep missing you in the morning. | 我今天一早上都没找到你 |
[1:17:10] | Mrs. Steuby, I don’t want that. You don’t have to… | 斯杜比太太 我不想要这钱 算了吧 |
[1:17:12] | No, don’t be ridiculous. Of course I’m gonna pay you. | 不 别傻了 我怎么能白吃你的鸡蛋呢 |
[1:17:14] | – I’m going to pay you. – I don’t want that. I don’t want it. | -我得付你钱 -我不想要 我不要 |
[1:17:17] | Yeah, I want you to go out and buy yourself something festive. | 拿去给自己买点好看的衣服 |
[1:17:21] | Pedal pushers. Ha, ha. | 买条七分裤怎样 |
[1:17:22] | – Mrs. Steuby. – Bye, dear. | -斯杜比太太 -再见 亲爱的 |
[1:17:23] | Mrs. Steuby, I don’t want pedal pushers. | 斯杜比太太 我不想要七分裤 |
[1:17:26] | No, no. You’ll look great. | 不 你穿着会很好看的 |
[1:17:30] | It’s okay. | 那好吧 |
[1:17:32] | It’s okay. No big deal. Just pretend like I don’t have it. | 没事 没什么大不了的 就当没有 |
[1:17:36] | I hear you’re planning to bid on Bryce. | 听说你要竞拍布莱斯 |
[1:17:38] | What? Who told you that? No, I’m not. | 什么啊 谁告诉你的 不是的 |
[1:17:40] | Someone saw you with a wad of cash this morning. | 有人看到你今早拿着一沓钱 |
[1:17:42] | – How much do you have? – It’s none of your business. | -你带了多少钱 -不关你的事 |
[1:17:45] | And I’m not bidding, okay? I don’t even like him anymore. | 我今天不竞拍 我也已经不喜欢他了 |
[1:17:48] | Oh, that’ll be the day. | 太阳真是从西边出来了 |
[1:17:50] | It’s true. Go ahead, waste your money on him. | 真的 去吧 在他身上浪费你的钱去吧 |
[1:17:53] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[1:17:54] | And now, will you all give a big Mayfield School welcome… | 现在 请在场的梅菲德中学师生热烈欢迎 |
[1:17:59] | to your 1963 Basketboys. | 1963年度的”午餐男孩”们 |
[1:18:04] | I could say I didn’t care all I wanted… | 我嘴上说什么都不在乎了 |
[1:18:06] | but seeing Bryce walk out in his jacket and tie… | 可当看到布莱斯西装笔挺地走上台 |
[1:18:09] | holding that picnic basket… | 手持野餐篮时 |
[1:18:11] | set my head spinning again. | 我的头脑又不清醒了 |
[1:18:14] | Fifteen going once. | 十五美元第一次 |
[1:18:16] | The auction seemed to fly by. | 拍卖会似乎进行得飞快 |
[1:18:18] | Fifteen going twice. | 十五美元第二次 |
[1:18:20] | Sold to Macy Taylor for $15. | 梅茜·泰勒十五美元成功竞标 |
[1:18:24] | Before I knew it, Eddie Trulock was called. | 我还没回过神来 已经到艾迪·楚勒了 |
[1:18:27] | Number eight is Eddie Trulock. | 8号是艾迪·楚勒 |
[1:18:30] | Which meant Bryce was next. | 也就是说下一个就是布莱斯了 |
[1:18:32] | Eddie is a member of the debate team. | 艾迪是辩论队的成员 |
[1:18:34] | And his hobbies include fishing… | 他的业余爱好有钓鱼 |
[1:18:38] | and model-airplane building. | 还有制作飞机模型 |
[1:18:41] | Who will give me $5? | 有谁愿意出五美元 |
[1:18:46] | – Why isn’t anyone bidding? He’s so nice. – Exactly. | -怎么没人竞标 他挺不错啊 -是啊 |
[1:18:50] | Nobody? | 没人吗 |
[1:18:54] | Eight dollars. | 八美元 |
[1:18:56] | Sold to Juli Baker for $8. | 八美元卖给朱莉·贝克啦 |
[1:18:59] | How did this happen? | 怎么会这样呢 |
[1:19:01] | Was it because I felt bad for Eddie? | 是因为我同情艾迪吗 |
[1:19:03] | Or was it because I couldn’t trust myself with Bryce? | 还是怕等下布莱斯登台时我管不住自己呢 |
[1:19:07] | As I made my way to the multi-purpose room… | 在去往多功能厅的路上 |
[1:19:09] | I contemplated the startling turn of events. | 我回想着事情出人意料的变化 |
[1:19:12] | Here I was, about to have lunch with Eddie Trulock… | 我就要和艾迪·楚勒共进午餐了 |
[1:19:15] | while the boy I mooned over for half my life… | 而那个曾让我朝思暮想的男孩 |
[1:19:17] | was going to share a meal with my mortal enemy. | 竟然要和我的宿敌一起用餐 |
[1:19:23] | I wanna thank you for bidding on me. | 谢谢你出价拍我 |
[1:19:25] | It was touch-and-go there for a while. | 那时候还真是惊险啊 |
[1:19:27] | No, I wanted to. This will be fun. | 不 是我想拍的 挺有意思的 |
[1:19:39] | – I hear you like building model airplanes. – Yeah. | -听说你喜欢做飞机模型 -是的 |
[1:19:42] | My father and I just finished a Russian MiG-19. | 我和我爸刚组装好一架米格19战斗机 |
[1:19:45] | It was made in 1955. | 是1955年生产的 |
[1:19:46] | MiG’s first supersonic fighter. | 米格的第一款超音速战斗机 |
[1:19:47] | A little tricky because the cockpit was recessed… | 有点不好做 因为驾驶舱是凹进去的… |
[1:19:50] | I tried to give Eddie my full attention. | 与艾迪交谈时我努力想让注意力集中 |
[1:19:52] | But it was difficult, | 但这太困难了 |
[1:19:53] | because Bryce was right behind him. | 因为布莱斯就在他后面 |
[1:19:55] | Eddie was saying something about intake valves when… | 艾迪正说着进气阀什么的 |
[1:19:57] | out of nowhere, bryce stood up and marched straight towards me. | 突然 布莱斯起身径直向我走来 |
[1:20:02] | Hey, Juli, I gotta talk to you. | 朱莉 我得和你谈谈 |
[1:20:12] | What are you doing? | 你干什么啊 |
[1:20:16] | He was going to kiss me. To kiss me. | 他想要吻我 我的天啊 |
[1:20:19] | All my life I’ve been waiting for that kiss. | 我长这么大就等着他的吻呢 |
[1:20:22] | But not like this. Not this way. | 但不是这样的吻 不是以这种方式 |
[1:20:26] | I pedaled home so hard, I thought my lungs would burst. | 我骑得飞快 到家时我觉得肺都要冒烟了 |
[1:20:35] | Julianna? | 朱莉安娜 |
[1:20:39] | Julianna. | 朱莉安娜 |
[1:20:43] | Honey? | 亲爱的 |
[1:20:46] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[1:20:48] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[1:20:54] | Sweetheart… | 宝贝 |
[1:20:57] | you can tell me. | 你可以跟我说说 |
[1:21:00] | Bryce tried to kiss me. | 布莱斯想亲我来着 |
[1:21:04] | He did? | 是吗 |
[1:21:05] | In school. | 在学校 |
[1:21:08] | In front of everybody. | 在很多人面前 |
[1:21:11] | Mom, please don’t get it. | 妈妈 别去开门 |
[1:21:13] | It’s probably him. | 可能是他 |
[1:21:17] | Sweetheart… | 宝贝 |
[1:21:19] | maybe you should talk to him. | 也许你应该跟他谈谈 |
[1:21:22] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[1:21:24] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[1:21:28] | Bryce wouldn’t leave me alone. | 布莱斯一点也不让我清净 |
[1:21:31] | He kept calling on the phone. | 他一直不停地给我打电话 |
[1:21:35] | And knocking on the door. | 不断地敲门 |
[1:21:38] | He even snuck around the house and tapped on my window. | 他甚至偷偷溜进院子 敲我的窗户 |
[1:21:42] | Juli! Please, I gotta see you! | 朱莉 求求你 我得见你 |
[1:21:44] | Come on out, just for a minute! | 出来吧 就几分钟 |
[1:21:45] | Why didn’t he understand that I just wanted to be left alone? | 他怎么就不明白 我就想一个人待会 |
[1:21:49] | Please! | 求求你了 |
[1:21:53] | After two days, Bryce stopped. | 两天之后 布莱斯不再烦我了 |
[1:21:55] | And I thought it was finally over. | 我想这终于结束了 |
[1:22:01] | Then, one afternoon, I was coming into the front room to read… | 直到有一天下午 我正要去客厅读书 |
[1:22:07] | when I heard a noise in the yard. | 这时听到院子里有动静 |
[1:22:14] | Hey, what’s he doing? | 他干什么呢 |
[1:22:15] | Juli, calm down. I gave him permission. | 朱莉 冷静点 我允许他了 |
[1:22:19] | Permission? Permission for what? He’s digging a hole. | 允许 允许什么了 他正在挖坑呢 |
[1:22:23] | I told him he could. | 我跟他说可以 |
[1:22:25] | But why? | 可是为什么 |
[1:22:27] | I told him he could. | 我跟他说可以 |
[1:22:29] | It was torture seeing him dig up my grass. | 看他在我的草地上乱挖我很难受 |
[1:22:32] | How could my father let him do this? | 爸爸怎么能让他这么做呢 |
[1:22:35] | Bryce knew I was there too. | 布莱斯知道我在家里 |
[1:22:46] | He’s gone. | 他走了 |
[1:22:58] | A tree? | 一棵树 |
[1:23:00] | He’s planting a tree? | 他在种树吗 |
[1:23:07] | Is it a? | 那是不是… |
[1:23:09] | I didn’t really need to ask. | 我都不用问 |
[1:23:11] | I could tell from the shape of the leaves… | 从树叶的形状 |
[1:23:14] | and the texture of the trunk. | 和树干的纹理我就能知道 |
[1:23:16] | It was a sycamore tree. | 那是一棵梧桐树 |
[1:23:24] | When she walked out of the door, | 当她走出那扇门时 |
[1:23:26] | I thought back to the first time I saw her. | 我想起了第一次见到她的时候 |
[1:23:29] | How could anybody, ever, have wanted to run away from Juli Baker? | 怎么会有人想要躲避朱莉·贝克呢 |
[1:23:34] | He looked at me with those eyes. | 他用那双眼睛看着我 |
[1:23:36] | Those once again dazzling eyes. | 那双重又闪亮迷人的双眼 |
[1:23:38] | And I knew that Bryce Loski | 我知道布莱斯·洛斯奇 |
[1:23:40] | was still walking around with my first kiss. | 还在等待着我的初吻 |
[1:23:43] | But he wouldn’t be for long. | 但是他不会等太久了 |
[1:23:46] | As we stood there, I realized that all these years… | 我们站在那里 我意识到这些年来 |
[1:23:50] | we never really talked. | 我们从没真正交谈过 |
[1:23:55] | Do you need some help? | 需要帮忙吗 |
[1:23:58] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:24:00] | But that day, we started. | 但那一天 我们开始了 |
[1:24:04] | And I knew we’d be talking for a long time. | 而且我知道我们要聊很久 |
[1:24:09] | I blessed a day I found you | 感谢上天让我遇到你 |
[1:24:16] | I want to stay around you | 我想和你一起厮守 |
[1:24:23] | Now and forever | 不管天荒地老 |
[1:24:31] | Let it be me | 让我爱着你 |
[1:24:36] | Don’t take this heaven from one. | 不要让我的梦想破灭 |
[1:24:43] | If you must cling to someone | 如果你真的需要温暖怀抱 |
[1:24:50] | Now and forever | 不管天荒地老 |
[1:24:57] | Let it be me | 让我爱着你 |
[1:25:03] | Each time we meet love | 当生命中出现爱 |
[1:25:09] | I find complete love | 那一定是完整的爱 |
[1:25:16] | Without your sweet love | 没有你的甜美笑容 |
[1:25:22] | oh, what would life be | 我的生活将暗无天日 |
[1:25:29] | So never leave me lonely | 请不要离开我 |
[1:25:36] | Say that you love me only | 说你只爱我一人 |
[1:25:42] | And that you’ll always | 并且你会永远 |
[1:25:49] | Let it be me | 让我爱着你 |
[1:25:55] | Say you’ll always | 说你会永远 |
[1:26:02] | Let it be me | 让我爱着你 |