时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | So the salesman says “Try the cleats.” | 售货员对我说 买些防滑钉用用看 |
[00:04] | I say, “What do I need cleats for? | 我说 |
[00:06] | I work in a toll booth, for God’s sake.” | 我在过路收费亭工作 我用防滑钉干嘛? |
[00:07] | They just want their commission. | 他们不过想多赚些钱罢了 |
[00:09] | Exactly. | 都是只想着多赚钱的 |
[00:10] | It’s all about volume to them. | 都是只想着多赚钱的 |
[00:12] | Janet buys all her shoes by mail. | Jenny买鞋从来都是只用邮购的 |
[00:15] | I don’t get that. How do you buy shoes by mail? | 真搞不明白 怎样通过邮寄买鞋呢? |
[00:18] | I mean, I got to walk around in them. | 我得穿着鞋到处走啊 |
[00:20] | I got to walk around the block. | 你好 |
[00:21] | How you doing? | 你好 |
[00:23] | Out of $10. | – 你是Pulaski吗? |
[00:24] | Are you Pulaski? Yeah. | – 是的 |
[00:26] | Frank Pulaski? | Frank Pulaski吗? |
[00:28] | That’s right. Do I know you? | – 好的 |
[00:30] | Just give me my change, Frank. | 我们认识吗? – 把零钱找给我 |
[00:33] | Hey! What the hell is this? | 嗨 你想干什么啊? |
[00:35] | Frank, what… what happened? | – 怎么回事 到底怎么? – 嗨 |
[00:36] | Hey! | 快帮忙 Tommy 这家伙 我被绑住了 帮忙啊 |
[00:37] | Help, Tommy! God, I can’t get it off! | 快帮忙 Tommy |
[00:39] | – Do something! – I’m trying here! | 这家伙 我被绑住了 帮忙啊 |
[00:41] | Tommy! | – 我在想办法 – Tommy 不 – 不 – 噢 天呐 |
[01:56] | Oh, my God! | 噢 天啊 |
[01:58] | Oh, my God, look at this, on page 10… | 噢 天啊 |
[02:01] | That’s me and Kenny at the fundraiser he took me to. | 看这 看看这第十页啊 |
[02:03] | Mm-hmm. | 是我和Kenny 还有为他募集资金的人 |
[02:05] | Mrs. Ling? Hello, it’s 10:00. | Ling女士在么? 你好 到十点了吧 |
[02:08] | Adrian, Adrian, you see that tie? | Adrian?Adrian?看这个领带? 是我为他选的 |
[02:10] | I picked it out for him. | 嗯 噢 |
[02:12] | He said he trusted my taste. | 他说 他相信我的品味 |
[02:17] | Imagine spending time with a man who actually cares about what I think. | 假想让我和一个男人在一起 而他很在意我的想法 |
[02:20] | Mm-hmm. | 哦 |
[02:21] | Mrs. Ling? | Ling女士? |
[02:23] | 10:00. Hello? | 到十点钟了 好了吗? Adrian |
[02:25] | Adrian, Adrian, listen to this. Listen, listen. | Adrian 听我说 听听 听听啊 |
[02:27] | “Deputy Mayor Kenny Shale with an unidentified friend”… | 副市长Kenny Shale和一个不知名的朋友 |
[02:30] | That’s me… “seen Friday night | 就是我呀 噢 |
[02:32] | at the Gala Children’s Fund Benefit. | 哈 周五晚上见到他出席祝贺儿童福利基金 |
[02:34] | Mr. Shale is being touted by many pundits | Shale先生受众多人士推选 |
[02:37] | as a possible candidate | 可能成为候选人 |
[02:38] | in next year’s mayoral election.” | 决逐明年的市长选举 |
[02:41] | – You know what that means? – Mnh-mnh. | – 你知道那意味着什么吗? – 不知道 |
[02:44] | I could be dating the next mayor of San Francisco. | 我和下一任旧金山市长约会了 |
[02:46] | I thought you didn’t like Kenny. | 我以为你并不喜欢Kenny的 |
[02:48] | I don’t know. I changed my mind. | 我不知道 也许我改变了主意 |
[02:50] | Oh, my God. | 噢 |
[02:52] | I’ve got to get more copies. | 天呐 我得多复印几份 |
[02:55] | Mr. Monk, | Monk先生 |
[02:56] | I tell you before, do not ring the bell. | 我不是告诉过你吗 不要弄响这个铃啊 |
[03:00] | Stop that. | – 别摇了啊 |
[03:02] | It’s 10:00, Mrs. Ling. | – 到十点钟了 Ling女士 |
[03:03] | The ticket says Tuesday, 10:00 a.m. | 单上写看来取的时间是星期二上午十点 |
[03:05] | It’s an approximation, Mr. Monk. | |
[03:07] | It means about 10:00, not at 10:00, you crazy man. | 我的意思是 大约十点左右 不是说要刚好十点整那么分秒不差啊 你这个钻牛角尖的 |
[03:11] | What’s wrong with you? Okay, give me your ticket. | 你是不是有问题啊? 行了 把你的取物单拿来 |
[03:15] | Mr. Monk, | 哦 |
[03:17] | I told you before, no copies. | Monk先生我告诉你呀不要拿复印件来 |
[03:19] | Where is the original ticket? | 取物单原件哪去了? |
[03:21] | It’s safe at home in my file. | 安安全全的留在我的文件夹里了 |
[03:23] | What do you need a file for? This is dry cleaning ticket. | 你用文件夹装起来干嘛? 这只是张干洗店的取物单啊! |
[03:27] | Stop that. | 停手 |
[03:29] | Why you let him Xerox? | 你干嘛让他复印这个? |
[03:32] | I’m not with him every minute. | 我不会每时每刻都和他在一起阿 哦 好吧 |
[03:33] | Oh, okay, here you go. Four shirts, okay? | 给你衣服 一共四件 对吧? |
[03:37] | That’s… | 24美元 |
[03:39] | $24.00. | |
[03:40] | Why do I pay more? | – 为什么要我多付钱? |
[03:42] | Because you so much trouble, okay? | – 因为你这个人添了麻烦 总可以吧 |
[03:44] | I got to clean everything twice, | 要不是和你在这儿罗唆了快半个小时 |
[03:45] | then I got to stand here and talk to you for, like, half an hour. | 我又可以多洗好些衣服了 |
[03:49] | Okay, good, thank you. Bye-bye now. | 好吧 行 谢了拜拜 |
[03:51] | Thank you, Mrs. Ling. Thank you. | 谢谢 Ling女士谢谢 |
[03:53] | Wait. | 等等 这儿怎么了? |
[03:54] | – What is it now? – This is all wrinkled. | 哦 这全都皱了 |
[03:57] | Well, it’s cellophane. It’s going to get wrinkled. | 哦 是玻璃纸 弄皱了 |
[04:00] | It’s cellophane, crazy man. | 是玻璃纸啊 疯子 |
[04:02] | Come on. | 噢 |
[04:03] | What… What’s this? | 这儿怎么了 |
[04:04] | Oh, that… that is nothing. | 哦 哈?那没什么大不了的 |
[04:06] | Okay, bye-bye now. Bye-bye. | 好了 再见吧 可以说再见了 |
[04:07] | – Let’s go. Let’s go. – This isn’t my button. | 走吧 我们走 这可不是我的纽扣啊 |
[04:11] | Your button fall off, but I found a new one. | 你的纽扣脱落了 不过我又找来了个新的 |
[04:14] | Identical. No difference. | 一模一样 毫无区别 |
[04:16] | Looks the same to me. | 我看也没什么不同啊 |
[04:20] | The button matches, | 纽扣是一样 |
[04:22] | but the stitching is all different. | 可缝的针法不同 |
[04:24] | See, on the other ones, | 看到了么? |
[04:26] | the thread is crisscrossed, | 另一个纽扣 线是十字型交叉的 |
[04:28] | but here, look… it’s parallel. | 可这个呢 瞧 线是平行的 |
[04:31] | That’s how I sew them. | 我是这样缝线的 |
[04:32] | Parallel… that’s my style. | 平行着缝的 这就是我的缝法 |
[04:35] | But it doesn’t match. | 可这和以前的并不匹配啊 |
[04:36] | I have to live in this town. | 我一直都是那样啊 |
[04:38] | All right, fine, we’ll be right there. | 好的 我们就到 |
[04:40] | Another job. | 嗨 有新任务了 |
[04:42] | I’ve got a good mind to take my business elsewhere. | 我想我以后该去找别家评评了 |
[04:45] | Oh, please do, okay? Quit me, okay? | 哦 请便啊 随你便了快走吧 再见吧 |
[04:47] | Bye-bye. | 不要这样 别激动 Ling女士 |
[04:49] | No, no, relax, Mrs. Ling. | 不要这样 别激动 Ling女士 |
[04:51] | I was… I was just kidding. Just kidding. | 我只是 在开个玩笑 |
[04:53] | You’re the best dry cleaner in the city. | 开个玩笑 你这是本市最好的干洗店 |
[04:55] | – I’m not going anywhere. – Will you stop that. | 我不会去别的家 不要说了 Adrian |
[04:59] | Handcuffed? | 被戴上手拷?一个手腕被戴上手拷 |
[05:00] | Handcuffed to one wrist and tied to 70 feet of rope. | 并且被绑上了70英尺的绳子 |
[05:02] | Oh, God. | 哦 |
[05:04] | Then he was dragged west 7/10ths of a mile. | 天呐 然后他被拖了八分之七公里远 |
[05:07] | I just saw the body, or what’s left of it. | – 哦 上帝 – 我看到了他的尸体 |
[05:11] | The M.E. said he’s never seen anything like it. | 目击证人说 他都从没见过像这样的情况 |
[05:14] | There’s no end to it. | 这件谋杀还没有完呢 你的意思是? |
[05:15] | What do you mean? | 我是说 这是在过去两周里发生的 第九起离奇的谋杀案 |
[05:16] | I mean, this is number nine. | 我是说 |
[05:17] | Nine bizarre murders in the past two weeks. | 这是在过去两周里发生的 第九起离奇的谋杀案 |
[05:20] | Every time my beeper goes off, my heart skips a beat. | 每次我的传呼机一响 我心头就会一阵紧张 |
[05:22] | – Are they connected? – No, no connection at all. | – 他们有联系么? – 没有 没有一点联系 |
[05:25] | I mean, four have been men, five women, | 我是说 被害人中有四男五女 分属于不同年龄段 |
[05:27] | all different ages, latino, white, black. | 拉丁美洲人 白人 还有黑人 |
[05:30] | – And the M.O.s? – All different. | – 犯案手法? – 都不相同 |
[05:33] | There’s been a couple of shootings, different weapons, | 有两次是枪杀 用的是不同的武器 |
[05:35] | a hit-and-run, a drowning, an electrocution… | 一次是明打招呼再下手 一次淹死 一次电毙 |
[05:37] | I mean, it’s… it’s like a full moon every night. | 我的意思是 就像是一个月中各个时期的月亮 |
[05:40] | And you’re sure | 那你确定这些案子完全没有共同之处吗? |
[05:41] | that the cases have absolutely nothing in common. | |
[05:44] | Well, they have one thing in common, Monk… | 哦 他们可能有相同之处 |
[05:46] | we can’t solve ’em. | Monk 但我还没有搞清楚 |
[05:47] | I swear, there’s something in the water. | 我敢说 肯定还潜藏有某种真相没搞清 |
[05:49] | Saw the picture of you and your new boyfriend. | 我看到你和你新任男朋友的照片了 |
[05:52] | He’s not my boyfriend. | 他可不是我的男朋友 哈 |
[05:53] | Oh. I was thinking of voting for him, | 我正考虑投他的票呢 不过 |
[05:56] | but now I worry about his judgment. | 哦 我现在开始担心他的判断 |
[05:58] | I mean, if he’s going out with you, | 我的意思是 如果他和你在一起 |
[06:00] | there’s no telling what else he might do. | 他可能做不了什么事了 |
[06:01] | Start a nuclear war or something. | |
[06:03] | I’ll tell him that you said that. | – 我会告诉他你说的这些 – |
[06:05] | No, don’t… just… I was joking. | 哦 不要 我只是开个玩笑说说 |
[06:08] | Then I’ll tell him you were joking. | 那我会告诉他 你开他的玩笑 |
[06:10] | No, don’t… don’t say that. | 别 |
[06:12] | Just… Just don’t say anything. | 不要说啊 什么都不要说 |
[06:13] | – I brought you some coffee. – Thank you. I appreciate it. | – 我给你带了些咖啡 – 谢谢 我喜欢 |
[06:16] | Actually, it’s for Sharona. | 其实 是带给Sharona 的 |
[06:18] | Oh, thanks. | 哦 谢谢 |
[06:21] | Tell Kenny I say hi. | – 告诉Kenny |
[06:22] | I will. | 我向他致意 – 我会的 |
[06:26] | He stayed on his feet as long as he could. | 他尽量的想站住 |
[06:28] | Then he fell and was dragged away. | 可他还是倒了 被拖走了 |
[06:30] | I could hear him screaming and begging. | 我听到他尖叫着求救 |
[06:34] | It could have been me. | 本可能是我是受害 |
[06:35] | It should have been me. | 也许本该是我遭殃的 |
[06:37] | What do you mean? | – 你的意思是? |
[06:39] | I was wide open. Frankie had three cars in line. | – 当时我这边都没有车 Frank那排着三辆车 |
[06:42] | Wait, you were wide open? | 等等 你这边没车? |
[06:44] | But the killer went to Mr. Pulaski’s booth | 可凶手却在Pulaski那边排队 |
[06:46] | ? and waited in line? | |
[06:48] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[06:49] | Why would he do that, unless… | – 为什么凶手冲他来呢 |
[06:51] | He was after that particular guy. | – 除非 他是凶手的既定目标 |
[06:55] | So you didn’t see the driver | 你没有看到司机的模样 |
[06:58] | and you didn’t get a make of the car. | 也没有记住他的车吗? |
[07:00] | I’m sorry. It might have been a Chrysler. I’m not sure. | 抱歉 好像是辆克莱斯勒汽车 我不大确定 |
[07:03] | Captain. | 队长 |
[07:04] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[07:06] | The killer paid his toll with that. That’s supposed to be at the lab. | 凶手付的过路费 要拿回实验室检测的 |
[07:09] | Lieutenant. | 副队? |
[07:11] | Hey, hey, guys, what is this, a high school dance? | 嗨 嗨 各位 要干嘛 准备去参加舞会? |
[07:15] | Give the girl some room. Let her breathe. | 别围着这位女士这么紧 |
[07:17] | Come here. I want to talk to you. | 过来 我有话要跟你说 |
[07:19] | I understand that you are seeing Kenny Shale. | 我知道你在根Kenny Shale约会 |
[07:23] | Oh, it’s nothing serious. | – 哦 这不要紧吧? |
[07:25] | Yes, it is. | – 不 这很要紧 |
[07:26] | I want to tell you something, Sharona… | 我告诉你 |
[07:28] | Your life is about to change. | Sharona 你的生活会因此而改变的 |
[07:30] | Everybody you know | 每一个你从前认识的人都想和你套近乎 |
[07:32] | is going to want a piece of you. | |
[07:34] | You’re not going to know who to trust. | 你会不知道谁才值得信任 |
[07:37] | Monk can’t help you with this, all right? | Monk也帮不了你了 对吧? |
[07:39] | He’s… he’s brilliant, | – 唔 哦 |
[07:41] | but he’s Monk. | – 他 他很聪明 可他是Monk |
[07:42] | He’s lost in Monk land. | – 他一直迷失在自己的世界里 – 唔 哦 |
[07:44] | Now, I’ve been where you are. I’ve been in the spotlight, | 只有我曾经也身处你的位置 我也曾经是大家关注的焦点 |
[07:48] | and… well, here. | 哦 好了 这儿 |
[07:51] | I want you to take that. | – 你带上这个 – 这是什么? |
[07:52] | What is it? | 这是我的手机号 好吧? 在你需要我帮助时 随时打给我 我全天候待命 |
[07:53] | That’s my cell phone number, okay? | 这是我的手机号 好吧? |
[07:55] | You call me 24/7 | 在你需要我帮助时 随时打给我 我全天候待命 |
[07:57] | if you need anything. | 是的 我实在不想你意外受伤 |
[07:59] | I just don’t want to see you get hurt. | 是的 我实在不想你意外受伤 |
[08:02] | Thanks a lot. Thanks. | – 哦 |
[08:03] | Yeah. | 非常感谢谢谢了 – 不客气 |
[08:04] | Oh, I was thinking, um… | 哦 我在想 唔 |
[08:08] | Maybe we could get together, | 或许我们可以一起聚一聚 两对一起约会 |
[08:10] | do a double date kind of thing, me and Karen, you and Kenny. | 我和Karen 而你和Kenny 怎样? |
[08:14] | I’ve always liked Kenny. | 我一直都喜欢Kenny的 |
[08:15] | Kenny, he’s… he’s a good guy. He’s good people. | Kenny 他可是个不错的人是个好人 |
[08:18] | You called him a weasel. | – 可你说过他是黄鼠狼 |
[08:19] | No, I didn’t. | – 不 我可没有说 |
[08:21] | Yeah, you did, three weeks ago. | 不 你说过的 三周之前说的 |
[08:22] | No, I never said “weasel.” | 不 我没说过 黄鼠狼 这样的话 |
[08:24] | I said he was a… a w… | 我说他是个 是个明智的 哦 |
[08:29] | Well, yeah, I said “weasel.” | 是啊 我说过 黄鼠狼 我说过他是黄鼠狼 |
[08:30] | I called him a weasel, but that… you see… | 不过 你要知道 |
[08:32] | That’s not a bad thing. I had a weasel. | 我 这可不是在贬他 |
[08:34] | A weasel is a noble animal, all right? | 我就有养了只黄鼠狼 黄鼠狼可是高贵的动物 对吧? |
[08:37] | It’s… it’s a term of endearment. | 这是个惹人喜爱的词 Jerry |
[08:39] | Jerry, hey, how you doing, you weasel? | – 嗨 你好吗 |
[08:41] | Good to see you. See, I call everybody a weasel. | 你这个黄鼠狼? – 很高兴见到你 |
[08:44] | Captain. | – 瞧 我对每个人都称黄鼠狼? |
[08:45] | Captain, look at this. | – 队长 队长 过来看这儿 |
[08:47] | His coin tray… It’s almost empty. | 他的装硬币的盘几乎是空的 |
[08:50] | He was just starting his shift? | 那时他刚开始上班? |
[08:52] | That’s right, he was. | 说的对 正是 |
[08:53] | So the killer had to have been waiting | 看来 |
[08:56] | for Pulaski to come on duty. | 凶手是专等Pulaski一来上班就动手的 |
[08:58] | That’s right. I remember. | 对呀 我记起来了 |
[09:00] | The guy was parked right over there | 那个凶手在那边的电话亭旁停留了二十分钟 |
[09:02] | by the call box for about 20 minutes. Hmm. | 唔 |
[09:06] | So he was waiting. | 看来他是在等待了? |
[09:09] | What do you think, Sharona? | 你怎么想呢 Sharona ? |
[09:13] | Me? | – 我么? |
[09:14] | Yeah. | – 是呀 |
[09:18] | She’s dating Kenny Shale, who’s running for mayor. | 她在跟市长候选人Kenny Shale约会 |
[09:22] | Yeah, I know. I-I’ve been reading about him. | 是啊 我知道 我也在读关于他的新闻 |
[09:25] | I don’t think she really likes him. | 我想 她不是真的爱他的 |
[09:27] | I think she just likes all the attention. | 我想 她只是喜欢被别人关注的感觉 |
[09:30] | Everyone in the department has been fawning over her. | 警局的每个人都在巴结她 |
[09:35] | Laughing at her jokes, getting her coffee… | 比如 跟她开玩笑 给她送咖啡之类 |
[09:37] | Maybe you should be happy for her. | 也许你该为她感到高兴才对 |
[09:42] | Can I tell you something? | 我可以跟你说些事情么? |
[09:45] | Yeah, that’s why we’re here. | 唔 这也是我来你这的原因 |
[09:47] | The last few days, I find myself thinking | 最近这几天 我发现自己一直到在想 |
[09:49] | that if Kenny Shale is elected | 如果Kenny Shale真被选上了 |
[09:52] | and Sharona is still with him, | 而Sharona 还和他在一起 |
[09:55] | maybe… | 也许 |
[09:57] | she could… | 她会 |
[09:58] | She could… | 她可以有所帮助 |
[10:00] | help to get you reinstated to the department. | 她可以助你恢复在局里的职位 |
[10:06] | I’m as bad as any of them. | 我和那些巴结她的人一样坏啊 |
[10:07] | No, Adrian, no, no, no. | 噢 Adrian 别这样想 |
[10:09] | You see, there’s nothing wrong with being ambitious. | 要知道 这并没有错 有事业心没有错 |
[10:12] | It just means that you’re human. | 我认为 这是你正常人的表现 |
[10:14] | Human. | 常人么 |
[10:17] | It’s been a long time since anybody’s called me that. | 已经很久没有人这样称呼我了 |
[10:22] | What’s wrong with your shirt? | 你的衬衫怎么了? |
[10:25] | Nothing. | – 没什么 |
[10:26] | Why… why… why are you holding it like that? | – 为什么你把手那样放着? |
[10:29] | I put on the wrong shirt. | 我穿了件有毛病的衬衫 什么? |
[10:31] | What, there’s a stain? | 沾了污点么? |
[10:33] | Because, see, I don’t… I don’t see anything. | 我瞧瞧 我没看到什么污点啊 |
[10:35] | It’s the button. Mrs. Ling sewed it back on. | 是纽扣有问题 Ling女士重缝了纽扣 |
[10:38] | The stitching is all different. | – 针法完全不同了 |
[10:39] | The… the… the stitching. | – 你说的是针法吗? |
[10:41] | It’s not crisscrossed. It’s parallel. | 没有缝成十字交叉型的 却缝成平行的了 |
[10:43] | Don’t… Don’t pretend you don’t see it. | 不用 |
[11:16] | Arlene? | 你不用装着没看见似的 |
[11:19] | Arlene Carney? | – 是Arlene |
[11:21] | Yes? | Carney么? – 是呀? |
[11:23] | – How are you, Arlene? – Who is that? | – 你好么 Arlene ? – 你是谁啊? |
[11:39] | The lady… Well, th-the dead lady… | 这位女士 哦 |
[11:42] | Sh-she bought a ticket. | 这位死去的女士 她买了张票 |
[11:44] | Did she appear to be waiting for somebody? | – 她有没有看上去像在等谁? |
[11:46] | No, sir. | – 没有 先生 |
[11:47] | Did she look frightened? | – 她看上去很惊恐吗? |
[11:49] | No, sir. | – 也没有 |
[11:51] | It fell off, | 那颗扣子掉了 |
[11:52] | and the dry cleaner sewed it on wrong. | 干洗店又没给我缝好扣子 |
[11:56] | Sir? | – 怎么了 |
[11:57] | Weren’t you staring at my button? | 先生? – 你不是在盯着我的扣子吗? |
[11:59] | No, sir. | – 没有 |
[12:00] | Whatever. | 先生 – 不管怎样吧 |
[12:02] | We haven’t met. I’m Chuck Evered. | 我们是头次相见吧 我叫Chark Eard |
[12:04] | – | – The theater manager. – Adrian Monk. |
[12:06] | Sharona. | 是剧院的经理 – |
[12:08] | Sharon… Sharona? | 我是Adrian Monk |
[12:09] | If you’re looking for Jackie O., she’s over there. | 如果你是在找女爵的话 她在那边 |
[12:12] | You know, Kenny took me to city hall last night, | Kenny昨晚带我去了市政大厅 |
[12:14] | and we had dinner in the private dining room. | 我们在他的私人餐厅共进晚餐 |
[12:16] | Wow, really? | 哇 真的啊? |
[12:19] | Maybe I’ll bring you next time. Kenny might need a bodyguard. | 也许下次我可以带你一起去 Kenny还需要一个保镖的 |
[12:26] | Hello? Hi, Kenny. | 你好? 嗨 Kenny |
[12:29] | Oh, guys, guys, keep it down. | 各位 各位 安静点 |
[12:31] | Her royal highness is talking to Mr. Kenny Shale. | 高贵的女士在和Kenny Shale先生通话呢 |
[12:34] | Go ahead. | 继续啊 不 不 刚才没什么 |
[12:38] | Go ahead, kid. You’re doing fine. | 接着说 朋友你说得很好 |
[12:40] | So she goes inside, | 她走进了影院 |
[12:42] | and about a minute later, a man steps up. | 大约一分钟后 一个男子跟上去 |
[12:44] | Can you describe him? | – 你能说说他的长相么? |
[12:46] | I couldn’t really see his face. | – 我没有看清楚他的脸 |
[12:47] | He was holding a handkerchief over his mouth, | 你拿了块手帕捂在嘴上 就像是感冒了 |
[12:50] | like he had a cold. | 他买了同一场电影的票 |
[12:51] | He bought a ticket for the same movie, and… | 他买了同一场电影的票 |
[12:54] | and I asked him if he wanted the combo special, | 我还问了他要不要带食品饮料的组合票 |
[12:56] | which is a large popcorn and a medium drink… | 带了爆米花和饮料的那种 |
[12:59] | a $9.00 value, and only $7.50. | 值9美元 却只要花7.5美元 |
[13:02] | He said no, | 他没有要 |
[13:04] | and then he went inside and killed her, | 然后他就走了进去 |
[13:06] | which I had no idea he was planning to do. | 杀害了她 我根本没料到他竟会这样干 |
[13:09] | And he paid you with this? | – 他付给你这张钞票? – 是的 先生 |
[13:11] | Yes, sir. | 好的 非常感谢 你还得去做个笔录 |
[13:12] | Great, thanks a lot. | 好的 |
[13:14] | You need to go downtown and talk to a sketch artist. | 非常感谢 你还得去做个笔录 |
[13:15] | Jerry? Officer Johnson will give you a ride. | Jerry? Johnson警官开车带你去 |
[13:21] | – Captain. – What? | 队长 怎么了? |
[13:24] | You’ve got a serial killer on your hands. | 你碰上一个连环杀手了 |
[13:26] | Monk | Monk, the woman was strangled, |
[13:28] | she didn’t know any of the other victims. | 这个妇女是被扼死的 她和其他的受害者都不认识 |
[13:29] | I am not crying wolf until I am 100% sure. | 我不会乱讲话的 除非我有100%地把握 |
[13:33] | This is definitely the same man | 这和在收费站杀害Frank |
[13:35] | that killed Frank Pulaski at the toll booth. | Pulaski的是同一个人 |
[13:37] | A lot of people pay with $10 bills. | 很多人都用十美元的钞票付款的 |
[13:39] | It’s brand-new. | 可这是刚发行的钞票 |
[13:40] | There a lot of brand-new $10s out there right now. | 可用刚发行的钞票的人多的是啊 |
[13:42] | The serial numbers are sequential. | 问题在于 这几张新钞票的序号是连续的 |
[13:46] | You remember the… | – 你说什么? 你记得清楚吗? |
[13:48] | Well, I got a pretty good look at it. | – 当然 我仔细看过的 |
[13:51] | The bill at the toll booth ended with 6092B. | 收费站的这张尾数是6092B |
[13:55] | This is 6093B. | 而这张是6093B |
[13:58] | A serial killer. | 连环杀手 |
[14:06] | Captain. Captain. | 队长 队长 |
[14:09] | Washington just sent this down. | 这是刚从华盛顿寄来的犯罪心理剖析 |
[14:10] | It’s a prelim psych profile. | |
[14:13] | Let me guess. | 我猜猜看 |
[14:15] | The killer is… | 凶手年龄在30到45之间 |
[14:17] | Between 30 and 45 years old, | 为白人男子 |
[14:20] | white male, does not work in an office, | 不是办公室白领 |
[14:22] | probably spent time in the military, | 很可能在军队服过役 |
[14:24] | and definitely hates his mother. | 并且憎恨自己的母亲 |
[14:27] | Yeah, how’d you know? | 哦 你怎么知道的? |
[14:29] | That’s what they always say. | 因为他总是这样说的 |
[14:31] | That’s scrap paper. | 毫无新意 |
[14:33] | What about the $10 bills? Anything on them? | 关于10美元的钞票 发现了什么吗? |
[14:35] | They’re from a bank in San Mateo. | 这些钞票来自于圣马蒂奥银行 |
[14:36] | Wells Fargo. Untraceable. | 难以进一步追踪 |
[14:38] | Of course they are. | 当然是这样 |
[14:40] | All right, everybody, listen up. | 好了 各位 |
[14:42] | Listen up! | 注意听了 听好了 |
[14:44] | We’re not going to find him flailing around in the dark. | 我们不能各干各的 |
[14:47] | Let’s communicate. Keep each other briefed. | 我们要保持联络 相互周知 |
[14:49] | We’re going dumpster diving. We’re going… | 我们得好好搜索有用的信息 我们要 |
[14:52] | What are you doing? What is that? | 你在干什么? 那是什么? |
[14:55] | I’m leaving a space for the next victim. | 我在为下一各受害者预留空间 |
[14:57] | Take that down. | 拿下来 |
[14:59] | Take it down. | 不需要这样 |
[15:01] | There is no next victim. | 不会有下一个受害者了 |
[15:02] | We’re stopping the son of a bitch at 10. | 我们会逮住那小子 不会超过十个受害者 |
[15:08] | Well, thank you. Thank you. | 好 |
[15:10] | Sharona… | 谢谢你 谢谢 |
[15:12] | Are you cold? Here you go. | – 你不冷吗? 给你外衣 |
[15:14] | Oh… thank you, Kevin. | – 哦 谢谢 Kevin |
[15:17] | Sharona, look at this. Look… | Sharona 看看这个 看呀 |
[15:19] | Sharona Fleming? | – 瞧 |
[15:20] | Oh, yes, I’m Sharona Fleming. | – 哦 是的 我是Sharona |
[15:22] | These are from, uh, Kenny Shale. | Fleming – 这些是 唔Kenny |
[15:25] | Oh, my God, they’re beautiful. Thank you. | Shale送给你的 哦 天 这么漂亮 谢谢 |
[15:28] | Sharona, let me get you a vase for these flowers. | 我来为你准备一个花瓶把它装起来 |
[15:29] | Okay. | – 好的 |
[15:31] | Sharona, hello? Hey. | 喂? 嗨 |
[15:33] | Sharona, Sharona, look. | Sharona Sharona 瞧呀 |
[15:36] | Miss Fleming? | Fleming小姐? |
[15:39] | Lieutenant. Captain. | 副队?队长?队长 |
[15:41] | Captain, can I show you something? | 有空么 我给你看些东西? |
[15:43] | Look. Lieutenant, look at this one… | 瞧 副队 |
[15:46] | this one and that one. | 看这张 这张和那张 |
[15:49] | Yeah. The calendar. | 哦 是日历啊 是的 |
[15:50] | Exactly. These three have the same calendar on their wall. | 从这三张照片上看 墙上都挂有相同的日历 |
[15:54] | Yeah, we noticed that yesterday, Monk. | 你说得对 不过我们昨天就发现了 |
[15:56] | Come here, I want to show you something. | Monk 过来 给你看点东西 |
[16:04] | They send me one of those every year. | 这类日历 他们每年都寄给我 |
[16:06] | They probably print a million of them. | 很可能印发了百万多份 |
[16:08] | Actually, they print 25,000. | 实际上 这种日历印了2 |
[16:11] | I talked to the insurance company last night. | 5000份 我去年问过发行这个的保险公司 |
[16:12] | It’s a single office, mom-and-pop operation. | 是家小代理公司 夫妻店 代理常规保险项目 |
[16:15] | Still owned by Mr. Henry Smalls. | 由Herry Smal先生所拥有 |
[16:18] | It can’t be a coincidence. | 这不会是个巧合吧 |
[16:20] | Captain, three of them… maybe more… | 队长 他们中可能不止三个 |
[16:23] | with the exact same calendar. | 也许更多人 有这样的挂历 |
[16:25] | We at least have to check this guy out. | 我至少得查查这一家公司的老板 |
[16:27] | We already did. Lieutenant? | 我们查过了 对吧 副队? |
[16:29] | Henry Smalls… 47 years old. | Herry Smal 年龄47岁 |
[16:32] | He’s been away for the last two weeks | 两周前已经在Balimore和保险公司解除协议了 |
[16:33] | at an insurance convention in Baltimore. | |
[16:36] | He’s due back tonight. | 他今晚就回来了 |
[16:37] | He’s been out of town, Monk. | 他此前一直在外 Monk |
[16:39] | Okay, okay, but maybe he’s the common denominator. | 好啊 也许 他是个关键人物 |
[16:42] | Maybe you might be right, | 也许你的判断是对的 |
[16:44] | but I cannot put this on the top of my pile. | 但我还是不能把这个放在最重要的位置 |
[16:46] | I have 700 leads. | 我已经有700条线索了 |
[16:48] | At least half of ’em are stronger than this is. | 其中至少有一半胜过你这条线索 |
[16:50] | I will get to that eventually. I promise. | 我最终会处理这个线索的 我保证 |
[16:52] | But he’s coming home tonight. | – 可他今晚就会回来啊 |
[16:54] | I said “eventually.” | – 我说了 最后再处理 |
[17:00] | – Did I miss anything? – No, nothing much. | – 我疏忽了什么吗? – 没什么 |
[17:02] | We’re just trying to catch a serial killer before he strikes again. | 我们要赶在他再杀人之前 抓住这个连环杀手 |
[17:05] | Hardly worth mentioning, really. | 你那些事简直不值一提 |
[17:07] | Listen, there’s a possible lead. | 听着 有一个可能性较大的线索 |
[17:09] | You and I are going to stake out the guy’s house later. | 一小时后 我们要去找那家伙 |
[17:12] | – You mean tonight? – Yeah. | – 要在今晚吗? – 是的 |
[17:14] | I can’t. This is Kenny’s only night off. | 不行啊 我约了Kenny Shale 今晚是他唯一的休息时间 |
[17:16] | Adrian, I told you three days ago that I needed tonight off. | Adrian 我三天前就告诉你了 今晚我没空 |
[17:19] | Sharona, this guy is coming home tonight. | Sharona 可是这个人会在今晚回来 |
[17:21] | – I have to talk to him. – So who’s stopping you? | 我必须找他谈谈 |
[17:23] | You don’t need me. | 可以啊 没谁不准你找他? 可这并不需要我去啊 |
[17:25] | I don’t need you? | 我不需要你帮助么? |
[17:27] | Haven’t you been paying attention for the last three years? | 难道这三年来你都没有注意到这一点? |
[17:29] | – Hire a Kelly girl. – A what? | 你还是另找个漂亮女孩 你说什么? |
[17:31] | A temp. You pay them by the hour. | 试试吧 |
[17:33] | They’ll do anything. | 你按钟点给她们付费 她们则帮你做任何事 |
[17:35] | I can’t bring a temp on a stakeout. | 我总不能带个女佣来查案吧 噢 |
[17:38] | All I know is that I’m seeing Kenny tonight. | 我不管 反正今晚我要见Kenny Shale |
[17:41] | And I’m going on that stakeout. | 我要去查案 |
[17:47] | Yeah, that’s the house. | 到了 就是这幢房子 |
[17:49] | Number 782. | 782号 |
[17:52] | He’ll be home any minute. | 他随时可能会回来 |
[17:53] | Well, I finally got you in the back seat, | 才区区三天后 |
[17:55] | and after only three dates! | 我竟然在车后座和你相会 |
[17:57] | Um, Kenny, uh, you gotta behave yourself. | 嗯 Kenny 嗯 得注意你现在的行为哦 |
[18:02] | This is official police business. You know what I mean? | 这是警方的正式办案行动哦 你知道我的意思吧? |
[18:04] | I’m so sorry. I’m just so excited. | 抱歉 我太兴奋了 |
[18:07] | This is my first stakeout. | 这可是我头一次出来监视 噢 是啊 |
[18:09] | Well, I brought you some doughnuts. | 哦 我带了些吃的给你 哦 |
[18:11] | Real stakeout food. | 真正办案用的食品 |
[18:13] | Okay, and I brought the vino. | 好啊 我还带了酒呢 |
[18:15] | This wine is 30 years old, | 这是三十年的老酒 |
[18:17] | so let’s not let it live another minute, okay? | 那我们现在就尝试另一种感觉吧 如何? |
[18:21] | Doughnuts and red wine… | 有油炸圈饼和红酒 |
[18:23] | this might be the best date I ever had. | 这可是我经历过最棒的约会 |
[18:25] | Here, baby, take this. | – 给 宝贝 尝尝这个 |
[18:26] | Hey, Adrian, thanks again for inviting me. | – 嗨 Adrian 再次谢谢你今晚的邀请 |
[18:28] | Don’t make a mess back there. | – 别弄得乱七八糟 |
[18:31] | It’s my car. | – 这可是我的车 |
[18:33] | That’s true. | 没错 |
[18:35] | Don’t make a mess back there. | 别把这弄得乱七八糟 |
[18:38] | Hello. | 喂? |
[18:39] | Yes, sir. | 是我 先生 |
[18:41] | Thursday’s perfect. | 星期四不错 |
[18:43] | Yes, sir, I’ll see you there. | 好的 我们到时见 |
[18:46] | Well, yes, sir, she’s right here. | 是的 她就在我这儿 |
[18:50] | I’ll tell her. Yes, sir, thank you. | 我会转告她 好的 谢谢 |
[18:52] | Governor says hi. | 州长向你问好 |
[18:54] | – That was the governor? – Uh-huh. | – 刚才通话的是州长? – 唔 喔 |
[18:56] | – He said hi to me? – Yes, he did. | – 他向我问好了? – 是的 他向你问好 |
[18:58] | – Adrian Adrian, did you hear that? | |
[19:00] | Did he happen to mention me? | 你听见没有? – 他提到我了吗? |
[19:02] | I met him during the campaign. | 我们以前在他的竞选活动上见过 |
[19:05] | No. No, he didn’t. | 没有 他没有提到你 嗯 |
[19:08] | I saved his life. | 我救过他的命 |
[19:10] | Got him elected. That’s all. | 令他选上了 就这样认识的 |
[19:12] | Kenny | Kenny, |
[19:14] | has Sharona told you about some of the cases I’ve been working on? | Sharona跟你说过我以前破过的案吗? |
[19:18] | Though I, uh, I could do so much more | 你知道 我 唔 |
[19:23] | if I was, uh, officially reinstated. | 如果让我正式复职的话 唔 我可以干得更多 |
[19:27] | – Mmm, isn’t that good? – Yeah, it’s… it’s delicious. | 嗯 那样不好么? 不 |
[19:30] | Kenny, not now, I told you. Remember? Not now. | 还是别这样 Kenny 现在不行 我告诉过你 |
[19:33] | Adrian, what are you doing? | 记住了么? 好吧 Adrian 你要干嘛? |
[19:35] | The odometer is 9999. | 里程表到了9999 |
[19:37] | I’m trying to get it to zero. | 我还是把它复位成0吧 |
[19:39] | Why? | 为什么呢? |
[19:41] | So then it’ll be at zero. | 这样 我也好重新开始 |
[19:45] | Well, will that work? | 我们就这样干么? |
[19:46] | Do the numbers change if you just go backwards and forwards? | 你把车向前开或是后退 计数就会改变? |
[19:49] | It’s changing. Look. | 有变化 |
[19:51] | There it goes. | 瞧 我们上 |
[19:54] | It’s not moving. | – 那车没有动 – 不对 它在动 它动了 |
[19:55] | Yeah, it’s moving. It’s moving. | – 那车没有动 – 不对 它在动 它动了 |
[20:00] | Oh, no. God, oh, no! | 噢 不行 噢 上帝 糟了 |
[20:02] | Look out behind you! | 小心你的身后 |
[20:04] | Look out, Henry Smalls! | 小心 Herry Smal 小心 |
[20:08] | – Henry Smalls! | |
[20:09] | Adrian! What are you doing?! | 你要干嘛? |
[20:11] | I don’t know! | – 我不知道 |
[20:36] | That’s number 11, damn it. | 第11个受害者了 他妈的 |
[20:39] | All right, nobody’s going home. | 哦 没人要回家吧 |
[20:41] | I want to know how many of our victims | 我想知道受害人中有几个认识Herry |
[20:43] | Smal knew Mr. Henry Smalls. | |
[20:45] | We’re going to revisit every crime scene, every house. | 我们要重新考虑每一个凶杀场所 每幢房子 |
[20:48] | We huddle back here at 0900. Go. | 乱糟糟的挤在这干嘛 |
[20:50] | Go! | 出发 |
[20:56] | Are you okay? | – 好些了吗? |
[20:57] | Yeah. | – 好了 |
[20:58] | What happened to your hands? You hurt both of your hands? | 你的手怎么了? 你伤到了双手? |
[21:01] | No, just the left one. | 没有 只伤到左手 |
[21:04] | Well, why do you have bandages on both? | 那为什么双手都上了绷带呢? |
[21:07] | Right. | 哦 为了对称 |
[21:09] | Symmetry. | 哦 为了对称 |
[21:10] | Where is our future mayor? | – 那位未来的市长呢? |
[21:12] | He went home. He was pretty shaken up. | – 他回家了 他忙得很 |
[21:15] | I’ll bet he is. | 换成我也会这样的 |
[21:16] | Grace under pressure. | 在压力下从容不迫 |
[21:18] | That’s what I look for in a chief executive. | 这正是我想从首席执行官身上看到的品质 |
[21:20] | Can you I.D. this guy? | – 你能认出那凶手吗? |
[21:21] | I’m not sure. He was wearing a ski mask. | – 我没把握 他带着面具的 |
[21:25] | Well, you were right about Henry Smalls. | 嗯 你对于Herry Smal一事的判断是对的 |
[21:27] | Except I honestly thought he might be a suspect, | 其实 |
[21:30] | not the next victim. | 我只是把他当作嫌疑人 没想到他却成了又一个受害者 |
[21:32] | Yeah, but it is something. It’s something real. | 是啊 可这还是找到了线索 |
[21:35] | We’ve got our foot in the door. Thank you. | 这就有眉目了 我们离真相不远了 感谢你 |
[21:41] | Aw, Monk, what the hell is going on here? | 哦 Monk 这究竟发生了什么? |
[21:46] | Okay. | 哦 |
[21:49] | An hispanic plumber, | 是关于一个西班牙的水管工人 |
[21:51] | a retired white cop, | 一个退了休的巡警 |
[21:54] | an African-American school teacher… | 一个非裔美国人学校的教师 |
[21:56] | What do they have in common? | – 他们有什么共同之处呢? |
[21:58] | Absolutely nothing. | – 绝对不会有啊 |
[22:00] | Exactly. They have nothing in common. | 的确 他们没有共同之处 |
[22:03] | Different ages, occupations, some are rich, some poor… | 不同的年龄 不同的职业 有的富 有的穷 |
[22:07] | Captain, this is a very diverse group. | 队长 这显然是很不相同的一群人 |
[22:11] | They are too diverse. | 他们 – |
[22:14] | Too diverse? | 太不一样了 – 太不一样了? |
[22:15] | I’m talking statistics. | 我在和统计学打交道 |
[22:17] | You’d have to work hard, really hard, | 不得不努力工作啊 得非常努力 |
[22:20] | to find a group this different. | 才可以找到如此不相同的一群人 |
[22:23] | Plus, look at this. | 还有 看看这个 |
[22:25] | The blue pins indicate where they lived, right? | – 这些蓝条标示了他们的住处 对吗? – 是的 |
[22:28] | Yep. | 这些谋杀分别发生在遍布海湾地区的各个分区 |
[22:30] | The murders took place all throughout the Bay Area, | |
[22:32] | but the victims all lived in Marin County. | 但是 受害者却都居住在马林县 |
[22:35] | What are the odds of that? | – 这说明了什么呢? – |
[22:36] | Go on. Go, go, go, go, go. | 讲下去 继续啊 继续 |
[22:38] | A diverse group, | 很不同的一群人 |
[22:41] | all registered to vote… | 都是登记注册的选民 |
[22:44] | You know where you find a group like that? | 知道么 哪里才能找到这样一群人? |
[22:47] | Yes, yes, on a jury. | 对了 对啊 是为组成陪审团 |
[22:49] | Yeah. Yeah, yeah. Hang on, hang on. | 是啊 等等 等等 |
[22:54] | He’s right. | 他说对了 |
[22:55] | They all served on the same jury six years ago. | 他们六年前曾组成同一个陪审团 |
[22:58] | A jury. | – 陪审团? |
[23:00] | On a jury. | – 陪审团 |
[23:06] | 11 victims. What did they have in common? | 11个受害者 他们有何共同之处? |
[23:09] | They all served together on the same jury six years ago in Marin County. | 他们六年前曾在马林县组成过同一个陪审团 |
[23:13] | It was a personal injury lawsuit. | 那是一件人身伤害案 |
[23:15] | A handyman named Ian Agnew fell off of a roof, | 一个名叫Ian Agnew的杂务工 |
[23:18] | and he landed on a metal pipe which was sticking up out of the ground. | 从屋顶上跌落 摔在伸出地面的金属管道上 |
[23:21] | Now, he sued the homeowners… | 于是 他上诉了屋主Stewart Babcock |
[23:23] | a Stewart and Lisa Babcock… for negligence. | 和Lisa Babcock 理由是他们疏忽造成了伤害 |
[23:25] | Apparently, part of the pipe is still in the guy’s head. | 显然 一部分管子还留在他的头中 |
[23:28] | He has a pipe in his head? | – 他的头上还留有管子? – |
[23:30] | Yeah. He’s got a 3/4-inch galvanized metal pipe in his head. | 是的 管子四分之三英寸 电镀过的金属管还留在脑中 |
[23:34] | They couldn’t remove all of it. | – 医生无法弄出来 – 他头上留看管子? |
[23:35] | He has a pipe in his head? | – 医生无法弄出来 – 他头上留看管子? |
[23:38] | He was awarded $700,000. | 他被赔偿700 |
[23:40] | The homeowner’s insurance paid for the whole thing. | 000美元 房主人买的保险全额支付了这笔钱 |
[23:42] | It was a routine trial. | 这是个很平常的审判 |
[23:44] | Except six years later, | 若非六年后 陪审团成员连续被害 |
[23:47] | the jury is being killed off one at a time. | 的确是的 的确很平常 |
[23:49] | Excuse me, captain. | 请问 |
[23:51] | What happened to the 12th juror? | 队长 第12个陪审员怎么样了? |
[23:52] | That’s a good question, Kenny. | 问得好 Kenny |
[23:55] | You know, I could use a guy like you on the force. | 要知道 你能帮得上忙的 |
[23:58] | The 12th and only surviving juror | 第12个 |
[24:00] | is a fellow named Cassidy. | 也是唯一还在世的陪审员叫Casty |
[24:02] | Wallace J. Cassidy. We’re looking for him right now. | – 我们就要去找他 |
[24:04] | Did anything unusual happen during the trial? | – 审判期间有什么不同寻常的事发生吗? |
[24:06] | Well, not according to this. | 根据记载是没有发生什么 |
[24:08] | They, uh, deliberated for a day and a half. | 他们讨论了一天半 |
[24:11] | They went and visited the scene of the accident. | 然后去事发地点看了看 |
[24:13] | Then they were sequestered at a motel for a night. | 随后又讨论了一晚 |
[24:15] | And they delivered their verdict. | 然后他们给出了结论 |
[24:17] | It’s all very straightforward. | – 过程非常直接 没有波折 |
[24:19] | Captain, you ready for this? | – 队长 要看看这个么? |
[24:24] | Randy, you could be halfway through your first sentence now. | Randall 你别卖关子 |
[24:27] | We just picked up juror number 12 | 我们发现第12号陪审员常在赌场玩牌 |
[24:28] | at a casino in Wallenpaupack. | |
[24:31] | He gambles a lot. He’s always in debt. | 他赌得很厉害 经常负债累累 |
[24:34] | He did it. | – 是他干的 – 什么?他承认了么 |
[24:35] | What, he confessed? | – 是他干的 – 什么?他承认了么 |
[24:37] | No, he lawyered up. He’s not saying a thing. | 没有 他请了辨护律师 他什么都还没说 |
[24:39] | But you think he’s the guy. | – 那你认为凶手就是他了? – 当我们找他时 他企图逃跑 |
[24:40] | He tried to bolt when we picked him up. | – 那你认为凶手就是他了? – 当我们找他时 他企图逃跑 |
[24:42] | Guy put up a hell of a fight. And are you ready for this? | 是这家伙惹出来的事端 你对此有思想准备么? |
[24:47] | Yes, Randy, we’re ready. You don’t have to ask. | 哦 Randall |
[24:49] | You never have to ask. | 我们有准备 你不用这样问的 你绝不该这样问 |
[24:50] | We just came from his house. | 我刚搜过他的住处 他的冰箱里有人的肢体 |
[24:52] | There was a body part in the freezer… a human finger. | – 是一个人的手指 |
[24:55] | Really? Oh, the D.A.’s going to love that. | – 真的么? |
[24:58] | They love body parts in the freezer. | 哦 地方检察官会喜欢这个的 在冰箱里放人的肢体 |
[25:00] | But none of the victims were missing a finger. | 可被害人里面没有谁缺手指啊 |
[25:03] | Yeah, well, uh, he killed somebody else. | 是呀 唔 他杀的是其他的人 |
[25:05] | That’s why they call ’em psychotic. | 我想 这就是所谓的心理问题引发犯罪了 |
[25:08] | Why would he wait six years | 他为什么要等上六年 |
[25:10] | and then kill everybody else on the jury? | 然后才杀掉别的陪审员呢? |
[25:13] | I don’t know, and I don’t care. | 我不知道 也不想关心了 |
[25:14] | Congratulations, captain. | 恭喜你 队长 |
[25:16] | I’ll be sure to mention you in my statement. | 我会在我的新闻发布会上提起你的 |
[25:18] | Whoa, hey, hang on. Kenny, um, | 哦 嗨 等等 |
[25:21] | I think I should go with you. | Kenny 唔 我看我得跟你同去 |
[25:22] | They’re going to have a lot of questions, | 记者会问许多问题的 |
[25:23] | and I know this case inside and out. | 唔 我清楚这案情的里里外外 |
[25:26] | All right. I’ll say a few words, and then I’ll introduce you, okay? | 哦 好的 我会 我会先说几句 然后就介绍你 行么? |
[25:29] | Good deal. | – 好啊 |
[25:31] | – Kenny? – Yeah, baby. | – 哦 Kenny? |
[25:33] | Wait. | – 哦 宝贝? – 等等 |
[25:34] | Crooked. | – 衣领皱了 – 谢了 甜心 |
[25:36] | Thank you, honey. | – 衣领皱了 – 谢了 甜心 |
[25:37] | Captain. | 队长 |
[25:42] | Thank you, honey. | – 谢了 甜心 – 我们走? |
[25:43] | – Shall we? – Yeah. | – 谢了 甜心 – 我们走? |
[25:44] | Wait, captain. | – 好的 – 等等 队长 就这样去? |
[25:46] | Why don’t we slow down here? | 为什么不再细致考虑一下? |
[25:49] | I mean, what if I can I.D. this guy? | 我的意思是 就算我们可以确认 那个家伙是凶手 接下来又该怎样? |
[25:52] | I’d like to give it a try. | 我想继续追查 |
[25:54] | You want to be sure about this, right? | 你也想有个肯定的结论 对吗? |
[26:00] | Number 5… | 5号 |
[26:02] | Could you slide a little to your right? | 向你右边挪一点 |
[26:08] | A little more. | 再挪一点 |
[26:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢合作 |
[26:16] | Number 1… | 1号 |
[26:20] | You have some lint on your jump suit. | 你的囚服上有些棉绒 |
[26:25] | Number 2, could you help number 1? | 2号 你能帮帮1号吗? |
[26:29] | Adrian, do you see the guy from last night? | Adrian 昨晚你看到那家伙了吗? |
[26:37] | Number 3, | 3号 |
[26:40] | could you trade places with number 2? | 请你和2号交换位置? |
[26:41] | Number 3, stay where you are. | 3号 |
[26:43] | Monk, do you see the guy or not? | 别动 Monk |
[26:46] | Listen to me. This is very important… | 你看了那家伙么? 听我说 |
[26:48] | For you. It’s very important for everybody… | 这对你很重要 对我们每个人都很重要 |
[26:53] | So for the record, | 因此 |
[26:54] | before you say anything, please, | 准备好 将要记录下你所说的话 |
[26:56] | count to the number 4. | 请点第4号疑犯吧 |
[27:03] | Number 4… | 4号 |
[27:06] | could you step forward? | 请向前走 |
[27:13] | Could you straighten that number? | 把你的号码牌放正了 |
[27:18] | – He’s not the guy. – He’s not the guy? | 他不是昨晚那个家伙 |
[27:20] | His fingernails are too long! | – 他不是吗? – 他的指甲太长了 |
[27:21] | His fingernails. | – 他的指甲? – 而昨晚和我交手的那家伙根本没留指甲 |
[27:23] | The guy I fought with last night didn’t have any fingernails. | – 他的指甲? – 而昨晚和我交手的那家伙根本没留指甲 |
[27:25] | I think he chewed them. | 我想他剪过的 |
[27:26] | Monk, this guy is the only surviving member from that jury. | Monk 这家伙可是陪审团中 唯一没死的那个人啊 |
[27:29] | We found a finger in his icebox. | – 哦 |
[27:31] | He’s not the guy. | 我们在他的冰箱里找到了一截手指 – 他不是昨晚那家伙 |
[27:32] | I want to know more about that trial. | 我想知道更多关于那场审判的情况 |
[27:36] | I think I should talk to the handyman who fell off the roof. | 我该去找当年那个摔下屋顶的 做杂活的当事人 |
[27:39] | Captain, the press is all over this thing. | 队长 新闻发布会就是关于这个案件的 |
[27:41] | We can’t keep a lid on it. | 我们不能不发布了 |
[27:45] | All right, Monk, look, you go. | 好吧 Monk 由你去 你去找那个做杂工的谈谈 行吗? |
[27:47] | You go and you talk to the handyman, okay? | 好吧 Monk 由你去 你去找那个做杂工的谈谈 行吗? |
[27:49] | But you make it quick, because I have got to go public tonight. | 但你一定得快 因为今晚就要开新闻发布会了 |
[27:52] | Go. | 去吧 |
[27:58] | Thank you for seeing us. | 谢谢你愿意和我们见面 |
[28:00] | Oh, I don’t mind. I don’t get many visitors. | 哦 我不介意的 我这儿来访的人不多 |
[28:03] | So, what can I do for you? | 我能向你提供些什么呢? |
[28:04] | Mr. Agnew, we were wondering about… | Agnew先生 |
[28:07] | your accident. | 我们想知道你那场事故的始末 |
[28:08] | Please. Sit down. | 请坐下 |
[28:19] | Ian, I used to be a nurse. Is there anything I can do? | 唔 喔 我做过护士 – |
[28:22] | No. Thank you. | 需要帮你做些什么吗 – 不用了 谢谢 |
[28:25] | It comes and goes. It’s the pipe. | 病发作得快 去得也快 都是因为这截管子 |
[28:28] | I have a piece of pipe in my head. | 有一截管子留在我头上 |
[28:31] | Oh. | – 哦 – 我这少有客人的 |
[28:32] | I don’t get many visitors. Please, sit. Sit. | – 哦 – 我这少有客人的 |
[28:34] | Sit, sit. | Sit, sit. 请 坐 坐 坐 坐 坐 坐 |
[28:37] | Sit, sit. Sit, sit. | 坐 坐 |
[28:39] | – Sit… – Sir? | 坐 坐 坐 |
[28:41] | Uh, about your accident… | 先生? |
[28:43] | Ah, the accident. | 嗯 说说那场事故吧 |
[28:45] | I really don’t remember much about it. | 哦 那次事故我真的记不起多少了 |
[28:48] | We were building a cabana near the pool for the Babcocks, | 我们在水池旁给Babcock建一个小屋子 |
[28:52] | and, uh, I was working on the roof. | 嗯 我在屋顶上干活 |
[28:54] | And there was a tile loose. | 有一块瓦片松了 |
[28:57] | And the next thing I knew, | 而接下来我所知道的 |
[28:58] | I woke up and I was a human smokestack. | 就是醒来发现自己裹在纱布里了 |
[29:02] | I’ll get it. | 我接个电话 |
[29:03] | Hello? Hello. It’s a wrong number. | 喂? 喂 |
[29:05] | I get ’em all the time. How’s that coffee? | 打错电话 我一直都接这样的电话 |
[29:07] | Bad dog!! | 比如 咖啡好了吗? 混蛋 |
[29:09] | Anyway, I, uh, I haven’t worked since. | 总之 唔 从那以后我就不再工作了 |
[29:13] | Huh. | 哼 |
[29:16] | How did you get the job? | 你怎样获得那份工作的? |
[29:18] | Mrs. Babcock hired me. | Babcock太太雇了我 |
[29:20] | Although, by the time I had started, she wasn’t there anymore. | 但是我开始干活过后 她后来再也没来过了 |
[29:24] | Um, they split up. She ran off. | 他们离婚了 她走了 我一直都不知道整个的情形 |
[29:25] | I never got the whole story. | 他们离婚了 她走了 我一直都不知道整个的情形 |
[29:27] | I dealt mostly with her husband Stew. | 我大部分时间是 和她的丈夫Stewart先生相处的 |
[29:30] | I’ll get it. | 我接电话 |
[29:33] | You know, I just changed my phone number, | 你看 |
[29:35] | and it doesn’t seem to help. | 我换了电话号码 可还是于事无补 |
[29:37] | I don’t get many visitors. | 我这儿客人来得少 |
[29:40] | Did you go to the trial? | 你本人参加了审判吗? |
[29:42] | I testified. | – 我上庭作证了的 |
[29:43] | Did you spend any time with the jury? | – 你和陪审团在一起待过吗? |
[29:45] | No, ma’am. I wish I had. | 没有啊 我希望我有过 唔 |
[29:47] | Uh, I wanted to thank them. They were very generous. | 我很想感谢他们 |
[29:49] | I don’t get many visitors. | 他们很慷慨 |
[29:51] | ♪ Daisy, Daisy ♪ | 我这很少有客人来 |
[29:53] | ♪ Tell me your answer true ♪ | 告诉我 |
[29:55] | Bad dog!! | 你的答案是对的 恶狗 |
[29:58] | You know what I think I miss the most? | 你知道我最想的是什么吗? |
[30:02] | Not having this pipe in my head. | 我的头上没有这截管子 |
[30:05] | I have to take this. | 我又得接电话了 |
[30:07] | Hello. Hello. | 喂?喂? |
[30:09] | I can’t believe you’re not the craziest man in the room. | 走吧 只有疯子才会再待在这儿 |
[30:11] | How did you get this number?! | 你怎么知道这个电话号码的? |
[30:12] | We’ll let ourselves out. | 你怎么知道这个电话号码的? 我们 自己出去 不用送了 |
[30:15] | You tell me who this is right now!! | 你赶紧告诉我你是谁 |
[30:17] | Go. Go, go, go, go, go. | – 走 走 |
[30:19] | Well, I don’t believe that for a minute. | 走 – 我再也不相信那鬼话了 |
[30:20] | Ah, that was before my time. | 啊 |
[30:23] | I didn’t even meet Stewart until after the trial. | 那场审判以后我再也没见过Stewart了 |
[30:26] | Would you like some lemonade? | 要来点柠檬汽水吗? |
[30:28] | No, thank you. | 嗯 不用了 谢谢 |
[30:30] | Stew, these people want to talk about the handyman. | 宝贝 有人想和你谈谈那个干杂活的 |
[30:34] | What handyman? | – 哪个干杂活的? |
[30:36] | The one who sued you. | – 就是起诉你的那个啊 |
[30:38] | Why? That’s ancient history. | 为什么?这是很久以前的事了 |
[30:41] | Is that where he fell? | – 他是从那儿跌落的吗? |
[30:43] | Uh, yes, it was. | – 嗯 是的 |
[30:44] | Mr. Babcock, were you at home when the accident occurred? | Babcock先生 事故发生时 你在家吗? |
[30:48] | No, I was on vacation with my wife… | 不在家 我和我的妻子在外度假 |
[30:51] | My first wife. | 我的第一任妻子 |
[30:53] | The dragon lady. | 一个严苛的女人 |
[30:54] | Did you attend the trial? | 你参加审判了么? |
[30:56] | Well, there was no reason to. | 哦 |
[30:58] | It was my insurance company’s headache. | 我没有理由要去 |
[31:00] | What is this all about? | 这是我投保的保险公司的事 问这些干嘛? |
[31:02] | I mean, that was settled, like, uh, six years ago. | 我的意思是 这事在六年前就完了 |
[31:05] | It’s probably nothing. | 嗯 可能是没什么事了 |
[31:08] | Will you stop it? | – 停手? |
[31:09] | Please? | – 这是干嘛? |
[31:11] | Well… | 哦 另一桩案件涉及到了 那场审判的几个陪审员 |
[31:12] | There’s another… another case | 哦 |
[31:15] | involving a few of the jurors. | 另一桩案件涉及到了 那场审判的几个陪审员 |
[31:17] | The jurors? | – 陪审员么? – 嗯 是啊 |
[31:18] | Uh, yeah, did any of them try to contact you? | – 陪审员么? – 嗯 是啊 他们中有人和你们联系过吗? |
[31:21] | The jurors? No, why would they? | – 陪审员? – 没有哦 他们怎么会呢? |
[31:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:30] | Do you have a trash can? | – 垃圾桶在哪? |
[31:32] | Just toss it anywhere. | – 随便扔个地方吧 |
[31:33] | It’s… wet. | 这是 湿的啊 |
[31:36] | It’s a leaf. | – 一片树叶而已 |
[31:38] | Why don’t you just throw it on the ground? | – 为什么你不把它扔到地上呢? |
[31:41] | I’ll throw it out. | 我把它扔出去 |
[31:43] | You’ll thank me later. | 迟些你会感谢我的 |
[31:45] | Around the corner, in the kitchen. | 嗯 |
[31:50] | Thank you. | 扔到厨房的拐角那边 谢谢 |
[31:58] | I had so much fun the other night. Did you? | 那天晚上真是有趣 你觉得呢? 是呀 |
[32:01] | Yeah, we have to do it again. I know. | 我们该再来一次 我明白 |
[32:04] | You’re so bad. Um, hold on, hold on. | 哦 你真坏 嗯 |
[32:07] | Uh, Kenny wants to know how we’re doing. | 别挂 等等 嗯 Kenny想知道我们进展如何了 |
[32:09] | Tell him I don’t know yet. The jury’s still out, so to speak. | 告诉他我还不知道 陪审团的真相尚未弄清 就这样说 |
[32:13] | Uh, Kenny, you know what? He’s a little distracted right now. | 嗯 Kenny 你知道什么了? 他现在有点心烦意乱 |
[32:16] | Why don’t I call you back later? | 我稍后再打给你吧? |
[32:20] | Okay. Y-You did? | 好的 真的吗? |
[32:22] | Oh, my God. Thank you. | 哦 天呐 谢谢 |
[32:24] | Oh, you’re an angel. An angel. | 你真是可爱 太可爱了 |
[32:27] | All right, I’ll speak to you later. Bye. | 好了 我晚些时候再打给你 |
[32:30] | Adrian, do you know what Kenny just did? | 拜 Adrian 你知道Kenny刚才作了什么吗? |
[32:33] | He took care of all my parking tickets. | 他取消了我所有的停车费了 |
[32:36] | He’s like Superman. | 他像个超人 |
[32:38] | That’s strange. | – 奇怪啊 |
[32:40] | What? | – 什么? |
[32:41] | Lisa Babcock said she didn’t meet her husband | Babcock说 |
[32:44] | until after the trial. | 她是在审判后才认识他现在的丈夫 |
[32:46] | But look. | 可是 你瞧 |
[32:49] | This picture was taken more than six years ago. | 这张照片分明是六年前照的 |
[32:53] | How do you know? | – 你从何而知? – 我认识这家餐棺 |
[32:54] | I recognize that restaurant. | – 你从何而知? – 我认识这家餐棺 |
[32:56] | It’s O’Malley’s on Richmond. | 这是里查曼德的欧曼利餐棺 |
[32:58] | They haven’t allowed smoking in there since 1995. | 那儿1995年以后就不许吸烟了 |
[33:02] | And… | 还有 |
[33:04] | And he was chewing his nails. | 他在修指甲 |
[33:07] | Who… Babcock? | – 谁 Babcock? – 就是刚才 |
[33:08] | Just now. In the pool. | – 谁 Babcock? – 就是刚才 在他的泳池里 |
[33:12] | So what does it mean? | 那这意味着什么呢 |
[33:14] | It means they’re a couple of liars. | 我想他俩都撒谎了 |
[33:18] | Or maybe worse. | 也许更严重 |
[33:20] | Maybe a lot worse. | 也许严重得多 |
[33:31] | Kenny, come here. Come here. | Kenny 过来 Kenny 过来 |
[33:33] | What the hell are you doing? I didn’t authorize this. | 你到底要干嘛? 我可没有授权这样做 |
[33:35] | I did. | 我授权了 队长先生 旧金山的人民为此而受惊 |
[33:36] | Captain, the people of San Francisco are frightened. | 我授权了 队长先生 旧金山的人民为此而受惊 |
[33:39] | They deserve to know that we have a suspect in custody. | 他们应该获知 我们已经逮捕到一个重要疑犯了 |
[33:41] | This is not a campaign stop, Kenny. | 这可不是竞选造势 |
[33:44] | Monk could not I.D. the guy. | Kenny Monk还没有识别出谁是凶手呢 |
[33:46] | Monk could not I.D. the guy’s fingernails, captain. | Monk识别不了这家伙的指甲 队长 |
[33:49] | It’s just not good enough. | 那可不太好 |
[33:50] | Now, I want to reassure the citizens | 现在 我想让市民们放心 |
[33:51] | that we have made a significant breakthrough in this case. | 我们的案件已经取得重大突破了 |
[33:54] | But we haven’t made… | – 可是 还没有大突破啊 |
[33:56] | Captain, we just found this photograph | – 好了 队长 |
[33:57] | in Wallace Cassidy’s house. | 我们在Wallers Casty家中发现这张照片 |
[33:59] | Who’s this? | – 噢 这是谁? – 我也不知道 但可以肯定这是个妇女 |
[34:01] | I don’t know, but she’s definitely a woman. | – 噢 这是谁? – 我也不知道 但可以肯定这是个妇女 |
[34:03] | She looks like she’s frozen. | – 她的尸体看上去已经被冰冻了 – 是呀 队长 |
[34:04] | Yeah. Captain, this picture, | – 她的尸体看上去已经被冰冻了 – 是呀 队长 |
[34:07] | plus the finger in the freezer, plus he tried to run, | 这张照片 加上这截冰冻的手指 |
[34:09] | plus he’s the only surviving member on that jury. | 加之他企图逃走 再加之 他是陪审团中唯一剩下的活口 |
[34:12] | What else do you need? | 这些证据还不够吗? |
[34:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[34:19] | Okay, go ahead. | 好 进行吧 |
[34:20] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 稍后 |
[34:22] | In a few minutes, Deputy Mayor Kenny Shale | 副市长Kenny Sahle |
[34:24] | will be making his brief statement | 将就最近连续发生的杀人案的侦破情况 |
[34:25] | regarding the recent series of homicides… | 作一个简要的报告 |
[34:27] | Monk, you’re too late. They’ve already started. | Monk 你来晚了 |
[34:29] | They’re about to name Wallace Cassidy as the primary suspect. | 他们即将宣布Wallers Casty为头号疑犯 |
[34:32] | No, no, they’re making a mistake. | 哦 不 不可以 他们会犯错的 |
[34:33] | Lieutenant, there is something else going on here. | 副队 这儿还有些新情况 |
[34:36] | Stewart and Lisa Babcock are involved in all of this. I know it. | Stewart和Lisa与这一切有重要联系 我确知这一点 |
[34:40] | The homeowners… where the guy fell off the roof. How? | 是屋顶跌落事故事发的那家房主人 怎么呢? |
[34:43] | We’re still working on it. | – 我们正在调查 – 哦 你可以证明吗? |
[34:44] | – Well, can you prove it? – Not yet. | – 我们正在调查 – 哦 你可以证明吗? |
[34:46] | Wh-What’s this? | – 还不能 – 这是什么? |
[34:48] | The coroner found it. It’s a sleeve… part of it. | 验尸官发现的 是一截衣袖 |
[34:51] | Henry Smalls, juror number 12, was clutching it when he died. | Herry Smal 第12号陪审员 他死的时候手里拽着的 |
[34:54] | Must’ve ripped it off the killer. | 一定是他从凶手身上撕下来的 |
[34:58] | Monk, forget it. It’s a dead end. It’s already gone through the lab. | 算了吧 Monk |
[35:01] | It’s untraceable. | 没戏了 都已经发布了 难以追回了 |
[35:03] | There will be time for a Q and A later, | 稍后是提问和回答时间 不过要记住 |
[35:05] | but, remember, officially, this is still an open case, | 正式而言 此案还没有下结论 |
[35:07] | so we’re not going to be able… | 这样我们还可获取更充分的 |
[35:09] | Captain, captain. | 队长 |
[35:11] | What do you got? What’s up? | 有何进展? 怎么样了? |
[35:14] | I think I know what’s been going on here. | 我想我快要知道真相了 |
[35:17] | It wasn’t juror number 12. | 嫌犯不是12号陪审员 |
[35:19] | It was Stewart and Lisa Babcock. | 而是Stewart和Lisa |
[35:22] | What, the couple that’s being sued? Are you sure? | 是吗?那对被上诉过的夫妇?你能肯定么? |
[35:25] | Do you mean, am I certain? | 你想问 我有把握么? |
[35:26] | Yes, yes, that’s what I mean by “are you sure?” | 是的 是这个意思 你有把握么? |
[35:29] | Not yet. | 还不行 |
[35:31] | I-I need an hour. | 我需要一个小时 |
[35:32] | One hour. And then we’ll know. | 只要一个小时 然后我们就清楚了 |
[35:35] | Is there a problem? | – 有问题吗? – 队长? 你们都准备好了吗 |
[35:36] | Captain? Are we about ready? | – 有问题吗? – 队长? 你们都准备好了吗 |
[35:38] | Hang on just a second. | 再等一下 |
[35:40] | Kenny, Monk needs an hour. I’m going to give it to him. | Kenny Monk还需要一个小时的时间 我要再等等他 |
[35:43] | What about the press? | – 新闻发布会怎么办? – 发布会也得等 |
[35:45] | The press can wait. That’s what they get paid for. | – 新闻发布会怎么办? – 发布会也得等 |
[35:47] | Well, I can’t. Now, if we don’t start now, | 不行 |
[35:49] | we’re not going to make the 6:00 news, all right? | 现在还不开始 就赶不上六点钟的新闻节目了 |
[35:51] | Look, I’m going to go ahead with or without you, captain. | 你同不同意我们都得进行了 |
[35:53] | It’s called leadership. | 队长 这叫领导决定 |
[35:54] | No, no, Kenny, it’s called grandstanding. | 不行 Kenny 这其实是 为博取观众而决定 |
[35:59] | – Let’s go. | |
[36:00] | Kenny, Kenny. Kenny. | 我们走 |
[36:02] | Oh, hey, sweetie, I’m glad you stayed. | – 哦 甜心 我很高兴你留下了 |
[36:04] | Watch this. A star is born. | 留意你的行为 这一刻可很重要 |
[36:05] | No, wait, Kenny, Kenny, listen to me. | 等等 不要 听我说 Kenny |
[36:07] | You’re making a big mistake. | 你这样会犯大错的 如果犯下这种错 选民们不会忘记的 |
[36:09] | This is the kind of mistake that people won’t forget. | 你这样会犯大错的 如果犯下这种错 选民们不会忘记的 |
[36:12] | Well, Sharona, sweetheart, | 哦 Sharona |
[36:13] | you don’t understand how this game is played. | 甜心 你不懂玩这种游戏的 |
[36:15] | You said you trusted me. | – 可你说过信任我的 |
[36:17] | Well, I trusted you to pick out my tie, babe… | – 哦 我相信的是你对我的感情选择 |
[36:19] | not with the big stuff. | 而不是在这类大事情上 |
[36:23] | Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you very much for coming. | 下午好 女士们 先生们 感谢光临 |
[36:26] | I’d like you all to know that we’ve made a significant breakthrough in this case… | 我很高兴告知你们此案取得的重大进展 |
[36:35] | Mr. and Mrs. Babcock? | Babcock先生和Babcock太太? |
[36:37] | San Francisco P.D. | 旧金山警察 |
[36:39] | I’m Captain Stottlemeyer. | 我是Stottlemeyer队长 |
[36:42] | Were you folks going somewhere? | – 你们打算去别处么? |
[36:43] | We’re just getting away for the weekend. | – 我们正要外出去度周末 |
[36:45] | Yes, we have a house at the beach. | – 是的 我们在海滩有别墅 |
[36:47] | Well, I’m glad we caught you. | – 哦 我很高兴见到你 |
[36:48] | “I trust you with my ties.” Where the hell does he get off? | 我信任你选的领带 我到底怎么跟他搞上的? |
[36:52] | Are those passports in your handbag, Mrs. Babcock? | 我不知道 护照在你的手提袋里吧 Babcock太太? |
[36:55] | You’re not leaving for the weekend, are you? | 你们不是去度周末的 没错吧? |
[36:57] | You’re leaving for good. | 你们想一走了之 |
[37:00] | Because you heard they had just arrested Wallace Cassidy. | 因为你们刚刚得知Wallers Casty被捕了 |
[37:02] | Who? | – 谁? – 免几张停车票 |
[37:04] | Fixes a few parking tickets, and he thinks he can talk to me that way? | – 谁? – 免几张停车票 你以为你可以用这种态度对我说话吗? |
[37:06] | Nobody talks to me that way… nobody! | 没人可以对我这样说话 没人可以的 |
[37:08] | Wallers Casty Wallace Cassidy. | |
[37:10] | He was on the jury when you were being sued six years ago. | 六年前你被上诉时 他是陪审团的成员 |
[37:13] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? 我们干嘛要在意一个陪审团成员? |
[37:14] | Why would we care about somebody on a jury? That… | 你在说什么? 我们干嘛要在意一个陪审团成员? |
[37:17] | Maybe because you knew he was going to confess. | 也许 正是因为你知道他会认罪 你才会出走 |
[37:20] | Not for murder. | 招供 当然不是他参与谋杀 而是进行了勒索 |
[37:21] | For blackmail. | 招供 当然不是他参与谋杀 而是进行了勒索 |
[37:24] | Juror number 12 was blackmailing you. | 12号陪审员曾经勒索过你们 |
[37:27] | He knew that you had murdered your first wife. | 他知道 你杀害了你的前妻 |
[37:30] | After Ian Agnew fell off your roof six years ago | 六年前Agnew从你的屋顶跌落 |
[37:33] | and sued you for negligence, | 并因此而上诉 |
[37:36] | the jury was brought here to visit the scene of the accident. | 陪审团来这儿观察事发场所 |
[37:41] | One of them… Wallace Cassidy… | 他们中一个 |
[37:43] | Wandered off. | Wallers Casty擅自行动 |
[37:45] | Most likely, he was looking for something to steal. | 他很可能是想偷点东西 |
[37:47] | Mr. Cassidy had a gambling problem. | Casty有好赌的毛病 |
[37:50] | He was always in debt. | 他常常欠债 |
[37:52] | Oh, God, I can’t believe I went out with him. | 简直不敢相信 我竟和他约会 |
[37:54] | He’s not even my type. I felt sorry for that stupid weasel. | 他根本不是我喜欢的那种人 真为和这个愚蠢的黄鼠狼在一起感到遗憾 |
[37:57] | – Sharona. – What? | – 什么事? |
[38:00] | We’re working here. | 我们来这儿是为了工作 |
[38:03] | Mr. Cassidy never did find anything to steal. | Casty没找到任何可偷的东西 |
[38:06] | He found something a lot more valuable. | 不过他找到了一个更有价值的东西 |
[38:10] | It was the first Mrs. Babcock. | 而这就是第一任Babcock太太 |
[38:12] | He didn’t leave without taking a picture… | 他离开之前 |
[38:15] | and one of her fingers. | 当然是照了张相片 并从尸体上割走了一个指头 |
[38:18] | We have that picture, and we have the finger. | 我们得到了那张照片和那截手指 |
[38:21] | It won’t be hard to prove who it belonged to. | 要证明这是谁干的 可能不难吧 |
[38:24] | He sent you an anonymous note demanding money. | 他于是写匿名信 向你索要金钱 |
[38:28] | You knew it was from one of the jurors, but you didn’t know which one. | 你知道这是陪审团中的人干的 可你不知道具体是哪一个 |
[38:31] | At the time, you didn’t really care. | 那时候 你还不是很在意 |
[38:33] | Cassidy was smalltime, and he wasn’t asking for much. | Casty勒索得不多 数额也不大 |
[38:37] | So you paid him, and you thought that was the end of it. | 因此 你就把钱汇给了他 同时 你认为此事到此结束了 |
[38:42] | But it didn’t end there. | 可是事情并没有完 Casty不断地来要更多的钱 |
[38:44] | Cassidy kept coming back for more. | 可是事情并没有完 Casty不断地来要更多的钱 |
[38:46] | So you decided to kill the blackmailer. | 因此 你决定干掉这个来勒索的人 |
[38:49] | But since you didn’t know which of the 12 jurors it was, | 可是 既然你不知道是这12个人中的哪一个 |
[38:51] | they all had to go… one at a time. | 他们就都得除掉了 一次解决一个 |
[38:55] | Bastard! | 杂种 |
[38:59] | Not you. | 没说你 |
[39:00] | Sharona. Murderers… okay? | 没说你 Sharona 你说的是凶手 |
[39:04] | Relax, honey. They can’t prove a thing. | 对吧? 别紧张 甜心 他们证明不了什么 |
[39:07] | If they could, they would’ve arrested us as soon as they got here. | 如果可以的话 他们一来就会逮捕我们了 说得没错 |
[39:10] | That’s true. I couldn’t prove a thing until… I found this. | 我证明不了什么 可当 当我发现这个后 就可以了 |
[39:16] | Your shirt sleeve was torn off | 当你谋杀11号陪审人时 |
[39:18] | when you attacked juror number 11. | 你的衣袖被撕了下来 |
[39:21] | Can you prove that’s my shirt? | 那你能证明这是来自于我的衣服吗? |
[39:23] | No, sir, I can’t. | 不能 先生 |
[39:25] | But I know someone who can. | 我的确不能 但是有人可以 |
[39:27] | As soon as I saw this, | 我一看到这时 |
[39:29] | I had a strange feeling that the killer and I | 我就有了种奇特的感觉 |
[39:33] | might have something in common. | 我和凶手有某些相同的地方 |
[39:35] | We both use the same dry cleaner. | 那就是 我们都去同一家干洗店 |
[39:38] | Mr. Monk, why you bring me here? | Monk先生 为什么带我来这儿? |
[39:40] | I got to close my shop, I’m losing money. | 我来这 就得关店门了 |
[39:43] | You’re just my worst customer. | 我要有经济损失的啊 你真是我最坏的顾客 |
[39:45] | The longest car ride of my life. | 这一路上真是要命 |
[39:47] | I’m sorry, Mrs. Ling, but this is very important. | 我很抱歉 Ling女士 |
[39:50] | Do you recognize this? | 可事情很重要 你认得这个吗? |
[39:52] | Yeah. Yeah, I know this shirt. | 认识 我认得这件衬衫 |
[39:54] | I clean this shirt. Silk… beautiful shirt. | 我洗过的 丝制的 |
[39:57] | Hanger, no starch. | 漂亮的衬衣 平整 而不僵硬 |
[39:58] | What you do to this shirt? | 你把这衬衣怎么了? |
[40:00] | Mrs. Ling, there must be a thousand shirts like this in the world. | Ling女士 世界上可是有成千件 像这样的衣服的哦 |
[40:03] | How do you know you cleaned this particular one? | 你怎么知道 你洗的一定是这件呢? |
[40:06] | You know how. | 你应该知道啊 这颗纽扣脱落了 我把它重缝了上去 |
[40:07] | The button… it fall off. I sewed it back on. | 你应该知道啊 这颗纽扣脱落了 我把它重缝了上去 |
[40:09] | The thread is parallel, not crisscross. | 我缝的针是平行的 不是十字交叉型的 |
[40:12] | No one else sews a button on like this. | 没有别的人也这样缝么 |
[40:14] | I told you, Mr. Monk, that’s my style. | 我告诉过你呀 Monk先生 这是我特有的风格 |
[40:18] | He’s always complaining about the buttons. | 你还总是抱怨我缝的纽扣呢 |
[40:20] | Hey, Mr. Babcock. | 嗨 Babcock先生 我给你缝这件衬衫时 |
[40:21] | When I fix this shirt for you, you don’t complain, right? | 嗨 Babcock先生 我给你缝这件衬衫时 |
[40:24] | ‘Cause you’re a good customer. | 你可没向我抱怨啊 对吧? 你是好顾客 |
[40:26] | Mrs. Ling, are you certain that this shirt | Ling女士 |
[40:29] | belongs to Mr. Babcock? | 你能确定这件衬衫 是Babcock先生的吗? |
[40:30] | Yeah, I’m sure. He’s a good customer. | 当然 我能确定是他的 他是个好顾客 |
[40:32] | You come back any time, Mr. Babcock. | 你什么时候都来光顾我的店的 Babcock先生 |
[40:35] | Ma’am, he just killed 11 people. | – 女士 他可是杀了l1个人哦 – 12个 我们别忘了 被害人还有他的前妻呢 我敢打赌 她肯定就埋在这新门廊的下面 |
[40:36] | 12… Let’s not forget about the first Mrs. Babcock, | |
[40:40] | who I’ll bet is buried under that new porch. | |
[40:44] | Well, he’s still a good customer. | 哦 他仍然是我的好顾客 |
[40:46] | Not crazy like that Mr. Monk over there. | 可不像Monk先生那样不可理喻 |
[40:50] | Mr. and Mrs. Babcock, would you step back inside, please? | Babcock先生和太太 请进吧 |
[40:53] | We’d like to ask you a few more questions. | 我们还想问几个问题 |
[40:55] | – Right this way. – This way, please. | 过来 这边 来呀 |
[40:58] | – Thank you, Mrs. Ling. – Yeah, yeah, all right. | – 谢谢 Ling女士 – 哦 不客气 |
[41:01] | Hey, I saw your boyfriend on TV last night. | 嗨 我昨晚在电视上看到你的男朋友了 |
[41:05] | Kenny Shale | Kenny Shale. |
[41:07] | He’s a good man. I like him. | 他是个好男人 我喜欢 |
[41:09] | Yeah. Well, I like Mr. Monk better. | 是么? 哦 我更喜欢Monk些 |
[41:13] | Oh… Mr. Monk’s a crazy man. | 哦 Monk是个疯子 |
[41:16] | Well, I like him better. | – 哦 |
[41:18] | No. | 我更喜欢他些 – 不会吧? |
[41:19] | I do. | – 我就是喜欢 – 不说这个了 |
[41:20] | Stop saying that. | – 我就是喜欢 – 不说这个了 |
[41:25] | Go away, Mr. Monk! | 走开 Monk先生 不要来 |
[41:28] | No! No more Mr. Monk! No, no, no. | 你不要再来这儿了 不 |
[41:30] | Go! You, go away! | 不 走吧 你走开 |
[41:32] | Oh, forget it. We’ll find another cleaners, you know. | 哦 别当回事 我们换家干洗店吧 你该想到的 |
[41:37] | Hey! | 嗨 嗨 嗨 |
[41:38] | Hey, hey! What are you doing? | 嗨 嗨 嗨 |
[41:41] | The meter ran out. | – 你在干嘛? – 计费卡用完了 |
[41:45] | I thought you fed the meter. | – 我还以为你给卡充值了呢? |
[41:46] | I was carrying this. | – 我拿了这东西啊 |
[41:51] | Hey, hey. You know Kenny Shale? | 嗨 嗨 |
[41:53] | He’s a good friend of mine. | 你知道Kenny Shale吧? 他可是我的好朋友哦 |
[41:55] | You mean the former deputy mayor? | 你说的是那个前任副市长吗? |
[41:57] | Former? | – 前任? – 是啊 |
[41:59] | Yeah. Your good friend resigned this morning. | 你的好朋友今天早晨辞职了 |
[42:02] | It was on the news. | 新闻里说的 |
[42:04] | Have a nice day. | 祝今天好运 |
[42:07] | Well, I guess the party’s over. | 哦 我想聚会该结束了 |
[42:10] | I don’t miss him. | 我才不怀念他呢 我怀念那种 |
[42:12] | I miss the attention, but not him. Here. | 被人关注的感觉 而不是他本人 给 |
[42:15] | – What’s this? – I’m not paying for it. | 这是什么? 我可不付钱 |
[42:17] | It’s your car. | – 可这是你的车啊 |
[42:18] | You didn’t put money in the meter. | – 谁叫你不给计费器充值啊 |
[42:20] | Okay, let’s compromise. | 好吧 我们折衷 |
[42:22] | You pay the ticket… and I don’t. | 你付停车费 我 不管 |
[42:26] | What kind of compromise is that? | – 这算什么折衷方案啊? |
[42:28] | Well, it’s the economical kind. | – 噢 这是最经济的方案 |