时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Right. | 好的 |
[00:05] | Uh-huh. | |
[00:07] | Uh-huh. | |
[00:09] | Okay. | 好的 |
[00:14] | Oh, that’s great. | 太好了 |
[00:16] | No, I’m sure he’ll be glad to see you. | 不 他肯定会很高兴看到你的 |
[00:18] | Okay, so what’s the cross street? | 好的 哪条十字路 |
[00:19] | Yes, I know where that is. | 是的 |
[00:21] | It’s right across from the Wells Fargo building. | 我知道在哪儿 就是Fargo大楼那边 |
[00:24] | Great. 1:00. | 好的 1点 到时候见 |
[00:25] | We’ll see you there. | 不 |
[00:27] | No, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:28] | Bye. | 再见 |
[00:30] | Who was that? | 是谁啊 记得我们是怎么谈论命运的吗 |
[00:31] | Remember how we were talking about karma? | 记得我们是怎么谈论命运的吗 |
[00:33] | No, I don’t. | 不记得了 |
[00:35] | Remember when I said if you put good energy out into the world | 记得我说过的 如果你向世界注入活力 |
[00:37] | good things will come back. Well it worked. | 好事终将降临在你身上 现在就应验了 |
[00:39] | That was a real client with a real job. | 现在有一笔货真价实的生意上门了 |
[00:42] | The drought is over. | 我们又有进账了 好的 |
[00:43] | Great, great. So what’s the case? | 好的 是什么案子 |
[00:46] | Uh, he wouldn’t say. We’re meeting him tomorrow. | 他没说 我们明天去见他 |
[00:48] | His name is Roderick Brody. | 他叫Roderick Brody |
[00:50] | Wow. | – 我以前认识一个… – 就是这家伙 |
[00:52] | – I used to know someone… – No, that’s the guy. | – 我以前认识一个… – 就是这家伙 |
[00:54] | He said you went to school with him. | 他说你和他是中学同学 |
[00:57] | Roderick Brody. | |
[00:58] | Uh, yeah, he said you were old friends. | 是的 他说你们是老友了 |
[01:08] | Adrian, what’s happening? | Adrian 怎么了 |
[01:11] | Hello, Roderick. | 你好 Roger |
[01:13] | Washing your hands again, huh? | 又在洗手了? |
[01:14] | What is this the, uh, tenth time today? | 今天已经洗了十遍了吧 |
[01:17] | What a freak. | 真是个怪物 他的手干净了 |
[01:18] | You know, his hands are clean | 他的手干净了 |
[01:21] | but his hair looks a little dirty. | 可他的头发好像有些脏兮兮的 – 你觉得呢 – 是啊 |
[01:22] | – What do you think? – Yeah. | – 你觉得呢 – 是啊 |
[01:24] | And is that watch right? | 时间准吧 |
[01:27] | Oh, man, it’s 2:25. | 哦 天啊 2点25了 |
[01:29] | Swirly time. | – 到打转转时间了 – 不 不要 |
[01:31] | No, not swirly time. Not again. | 别再一次了 其实我的手表快了两分钟 |
[01:34] | Actually that watch is two minutes fast. | – 把门关上 |
[01:35] | Go grab the door. | – Roger 等等 |
[01:37] | Roger, wh-wh… wait. | 这样好吗 |
[01:38] | How about this? | 这样好吗 我把我的自行车给你 |
[01:39] | I’ll give you my bike for keeps | 我把我的自行车给你 还有每天的午饭钱 |
[01:41] | and all my lunch money every day | 你一学年的作业我帮你做 |
[01:43] | and I’ll do your homework for the whole year. | |
[01:46] | Okay. It’s a deal. | 好的 就这么定了 |
[01:49] | But first, swirly time. | 可首先 还是得打几个转 |
[02:08] | My hand hurts. | 手真疼啊 |
[02:10] | Mr. Monk | Monk 你的烤箱手套呢 |
[02:12] | where is your oven mitt? | 快 |
[02:14] | Come-here. | 快 |
[02:15] | Come here, come here, come… Ah. | 快 |
[02:19] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[02:21] | What were you doing? | 你干嘛啊 |
[02:27] | He’s back. | 他回来了 |
[03:36] | Thank you again for squeezing me in. | 谢谢你又抽出时间 |
[03:38] | I’m happy to do it, Adrian. | 乐意之至 Adrian |
[03:40] | Just something I still don’t understand. | 有些事我还是不明白 |
[03:42] | We already had an appointment for 3:00. | 我们3点就会见面 |
[03:43] | Yeah, 3:00 is too late. | 是啊 3点太迟了 |
[03:45] | You remember Roderick Brody? | 你记得Roderick Brody吗 |
[03:48] | Yes, that’s the bully from middle school | 记得 中学时总是欺负弱小的那家伙 |
[03:51] | who used to, you know… in the lavatory. | 老是去厕所 |
[03:54] | Swirlies. They’re called swirlies. | 打转 他们管这叫打转 |
[03:56] | He called yesterday. | 他昨天打来电话 |
[03:59] | I’m supposed to meet with him this afternoon. | 今天下午我要和他见面 |
[04:01] | What does he want? | 他想干嘛 |
[04:03] | What do you think he wants? | 你说呢 他想接着再来呗 |
[04:04] | He wants to pick up where he left off. | 他想接着再来呗 |
[04:06] | Adrian, I don’t think a 50-year-old man | Adrian 我可不觉得一个50岁的人 |
[04:10] | is calling you back after all this time just to… | 再次联系你 只为了… |
[04:13] | to give you another swirly. | 再让你打转一次 |
[04:15] | – You don’t, huh? – No, I don’t. | – 你不觉得? – 是的 |
[04:17] | Okay, look. | 好吧 听着 |
[04:18] | Roderick Brody changed my life. | Roderick Brody改变了我的一生 |
[04:21] | Maybe as much as Trudy did. | 几乎和Trudy对我的影响一样 |
[04:23] | He ruined everything. | 他破坏了一切 |
[04:26] | It was childhood’s end really. | 我的童年就此结束 |
[04:30] | You know I had a bully in school too. | 你知道我上学时也遇到过这样的家伙 |
[04:33] | He would wait for me every morning outside the bicycle rack… | 他每天早上都在停自行车的地方等我 |
[04:36] | Excuse me. Sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打扰一下 |
[04:38] | You went to your father for advice | 你去问你父亲该怎么办 |
[04:41] | and he told you to face up to the bully | 他告诉你 要勇敢面对 |
[04:43] | and the bully backed down. | 于是欺负者退却了 |
[04:46] | Mm, yes, more or less, yes. | 差不多吧 |
[04:48] | What a wonderful anecdote. | 多么不可思议的趣事啊 |
[04:49] | It’ll give me something to think about | 当我在厕所时 |
[04:51] | at 1:00 when my head is in the man’s toilet. | 我就在想 |
[04:54] | Why don’t you just cancel? Just say you’re busy. | 你干嘛不取消见面 就说你很忙 |
[04:57] | Natalie won’t let me! | Natalie不让 |
[04:59] | It’s the first paying customer we’ve had in three weeks. | 这是三周来第一笔生意 |
[05:02] | Look, what I need is a note, okay? | 我要的是一张病假条 |
[05:07] | A note from you. | 你写的假条 我可以拿去给Natalie看 这样就不用去了 |
[05:08] | Something I can show Natalie to get me out of this. | 我可以拿去给Natalie看 这样就不用去了 |
[05:12] | – Adrian Adrian, I’m not gonna write you a note. | |
[05:14] | You don’t have to write it. | 我不会写的 – 你不需要动手写 |
[05:16] | It’s already written. | 已经写好了 |
[05:21] | All you have to do… | 你只需要… |
[05:23] | is sign it. | 签名 |
[05:25] | Adrian, this isn’t gym class. | Adrian 这又不是体育课 |
[05:27] | Now you’ve been talking about this Roderick Brody | 从第一次治疗开始 |
[05:29] | since the first session. | 你就把Roderick Brody挂在嘴边 |
[05:31] | Hmm? And as I recall, | 我记得 |
[05:32] | you’re still having nightmares about him. | 你现在对他还心有余悸 |
[05:35] | I think this meeting today is a gift. | 我想今天的见面是一份礼物 |
[05:38] | It’s an opportunity. | 一个机会 也许你说的对 在假条上签名吧 |
[05:39] | Maybe you’re right. Let’s sign the note. | 也许你说的对 在假条上签名吧 |
[05:41] | It’s an opportunity to confront your deepest and most troubling fears. | 你可以利用这次机会 直面自己最深最大的恐惧 |
[05:45] | To finally resolve them. Put them all behind you. | 最终一举解决掉 把它们抛得远远的 |
[05:48] | Not many people get this chance. | 机会难得啊 |
[05:52] | I see your point. | 我明白 |
[05:55] | I never looked at it like that. | 我从没这么想过 |
[05:59] | Can I have the note back? | 能把假条还我吗 |
[06:00] | Sure. | 当然 |
[06:02] | Wait a… | 等等… |
[06:03] | You’re not planning to forge my signature? | 你不会打算自己伪造我的签名吧 |
[06:06] | No. | 是的 |
[06:08] | No. | |
[06:25] | God. | 天啊 |
[06:26] | Let’s just hear what he has to say. | 好吧 就让我们听听他有什么要说的 |
[06:28] | If you’re not comfortable, we’ll leave. I promise. | 如果你感觉不好 我们马上就走 我保证 |
[06:30] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的? – 是的 |
[06:32] | I’m not comfortable. | 我现在就感觉不好 |
[06:33] | Come on. | 快走 |
[06:38] | Not comfortable. | 我感觉不好 |
[06:39] | Mr. Monk, we haven’t even said hello. | Monk先生 我们连招呼都没打呢 |
[06:43] | Wait. | Wait. 等等 等等 |
[06:46] | Okay… Wait! | 好的 等等 |
[06:48] | Okay, wait, wait. | 好的 等等 等等 |
[06:51] | What is that? | 这是什么 |
[06:52] | Is that a shower cap? | 浴帽? |
[06:54] | Sometimes he’d let me wear one. | 有时他让我戴上 |
[06:56] | Monk Mr. Monk, I don’t think we’re gonna be needing that. | |
[07:00] | Adrian Monk? | 我们现在不需要了 |
[07:02] | And you must be Natalie. | 你肯定是Natalie |
[07:04] | Marilyn Brody. | 我是Marilyn Brody |
[07:05] | Oh, Roderick is so looking forward to this. | Roderick盼了好久了 |
[07:08] | I’m sure he is. | 这话我信 |
[07:09] | – Come in. Please. – Thank you. | 请进吧 谢谢 |
[07:11] | Wow. What a beautiful home. | 房子真漂亮 |
[07:14] | Oh, thank you. You are very sweet. | 谢谢 你真好 |
[07:16] | Really, it’s a work in progress. | 还没搞好呢 |
[07:19] | We’re redoing all the bathrooms upstairs. | 我们正重新装修楼上的浴室 |
[07:21] | Which reminds me I need to call the contractor. | 对了 我该给承包人打电话了 |
[07:24] | We’re having a party in three weeks. | 三周后我们要开个派对 |
[07:25] | Did you get married here? | 你们是在这儿结的婚吗 |
[07:27] | Yes, there was no reason to rent a big hall. | 是的 实在不需要租个大厅 |
[07:29] | I don’t have much family. I was adopted. | 我的家人不多 我是被收养的 |
[07:32] | Oh. | 只有Texas州的一个阿姨 |
[07:33] | Just one aunt in Texas. She didn’t even make it. | 只有Texas州的一个阿姨 她也没来 |
[07:35] | Well I had a small wedding too. I think they’re the best. | 我的婚礼也很简单 我觉得这样也很好 |
[07:37] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[07:38] | He’s obviously busy. | 他显然很忙 |
[07:40] | So it’s too bad we missed him. | 没见到他真是糟糕啊 可我们该走了 Natalie |
[07:42] | But we should go, Natalie. We missed him. | 可我们该走了 Natalie |
[07:44] | No, no, no. No, you can’t go. | 不 不 不 你不能走 他就在楼上 |
[07:45] | He’s right upstairs. I’ll tell him you’re here. | 他就在楼上 我去告诉他你来了 |
[07:47] | – It was so nice to meet you. – You too. | 见到你真高兴 我也是 |
[07:54] | She seems nice. | 她看起来人不错 |
[07:56] | How bad could her husband be? | 她丈夫能坏到哪儿去 这可不见得 |
[07:57] | It doesn’t always work like that. | 这可不见得 |
[07:59] | Eva Braun took in stray puppies for God’s sake. | 就连Braun也收留流浪动物呢 (希特勒的情人及后来的妻子) |
[08:01] | At least we know his checks won’t bounce. | 至少他的支票不会被退回 |
[08:03] | Look at that thing. | 瞧 |
[08:05] | That is hideous. | 真难看 |
[08:09] | God. | 天啊 |
[08:11] | He’s warming up. | 他在热身了 |
[08:13] | – Shower cap. – No. | – 浴帽 浴帽 – 不 |
[08:15] | – No. – Shower cap! | – 不 – 浴帽 |
[08:16] | – Give it. – You don’t need it. | – 给我 给我 – 你用不着 |
[08:18] | Phil, shut up and listen, okay? | Phil 闭嘴 好好听我说 |
[08:20] | It’s not a complicated thing. | 事情没这么复杂 |
[08:21] | It’s not his money. | 不是他的钱 |
[08:23] | It’s my money. | 是我的 |
[08:24] | You tell him this. | 你转告他 |
[08:26] | Screwing with me on this is a career decision. | 和我作对死路一条 |
[08:28] | He’ll get the message. | 他会明白的 |
[08:31] | Adrian Monk! Look at you. | Adrian Monk 瞧啊 |
[08:34] | You haven’t changed at all. | 你还是老样子 |
[08:36] | Hello, Roderick. | 你好 Roderick |
[08:39] | Oh, you still got that germ thing? | 哦 你还怕细菌吗 |
[08:41] | He was always afraid of touching people. | 他以前很怕接触他人 |
[08:43] | Natalie Teeger, designated hand-shaker. | – 他的指定握手人 – 嗨 |
[08:45] | Hi. | 我们刚刚还在夸你家真漂亮 |
[08:46] | We were just admiring your beautiful home. | 我们刚刚还在夸你家真漂亮 |
[08:48] | Yeah, gets the job done. | – 是啊 都收拾好了 – 是啊 |
[08:50] | Yeah. | 希望你不介意我这么问 |
[08:51] | If you don’t mind my asking, is… is this an original? | 希望你不介意我这么问 是真品吗 |
[08:55] | Well it better be, what I paid for it. | 最好是 我花了大价钱 |
[08:56] | – Yeah, it’s beautiful. – Thanks, yeah. | 是啊 真漂亮 谢谢 |
[08:58] | Marilyn picked it up on our honeymoon. | Marilyan在度蜜月时发现的 |
[09:00] | It’s porcelain. Oh. | 是瓷器 |
[09:02] | I don’t gotta tell you about porcelain. | 我可不告诉你瓷器的事 |
[09:04] | Do I, swirly? | 是吗 打转转 |
[09:05] | It was a little nickname we had for him back in the day. | 这是我们以前给他取的外号 |
[09:09] | Remember those shenanigans in the boys’ room? | 还记得男厕所里的那些恶作剧吗 |
[09:12] | Good times. | 年少多美好啊 |
[09:14] | I got a study back here. We can, uh, talk in private? | 后面是书房 我们能私下谈谈吗 |
[09:18] | Shenanigans. | 恶作剧 |
[09:26] | Want a drink? | 喝点什么吗 |
[09:28] | No? | 不喝? |
[09:29] | Well I got plenty here if you change your mind. | 如果你改主意的话 我这儿有的是 |
[09:32] | Listen, Adrian, I gotta be honest. | 听着 Adrian 我得实话实说 |
[09:35] | I’ve heard stories. | 我听到了很多事情 |
[09:37] | I heard you went a little crazy since we graduated. | 听说毕业后你有些疯狂 |
[09:40] | Now I just need to know, | 现在我只想知道 |
[09:42] | is it funny crazy or sad crazy? | 是好的疯狂 还是坏的疯狂? |
[09:45] | – Funny crazy. – Sad crazy. | – 好的疯狂 – 坏的疯狂 |
[09:49] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:50] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 有些事我得说说 |
[09:51] | There’s something that I have to say. | 有些事我得说说 |
[09:57] | “Roderick… Brody, | |
[10:01] | you stole something from me. | 你这个小偷 |
[10:04] | You stole my childhood. | 你偷走了我的童年 |
[10:06] | The boy that you tormented has grown | 被你捉弄折磨的男孩 |
[10:10] | into a broken man. | 长大后变得支离破碎 |
[10:12] | I am now damaged goods. | 现在我就像受损物品 |
[10:14] | I will never recover from the wounds | 你带给我的伤口永远无法愈合 |
[10:17] | that you inflicted on me. | |
[10:19] | I will never forget you. | 我永远都不会原谅你 |
[10:22] | And I will never forgive you.” | 永远都不会原谅你 |
[10:27] | So it’s sad crazy. | 看来是坏的疯狂了 |
[10:29] | No, I think Mr. Monk is talking about | 不 |
[10:32] | what you did to him in the seventh grade. | 我想Monk先生说的是 你在七年级时对他的所作所为 |
[10:34] | You tortured him. | 你折磨他 |
[10:36] | Kids. What are you gonna do? | 孩子嘛 那你打算怎么办 |
[10:38] | Let’s have a seat, huh? | 先坐下吧 |
[10:41] | I really appreciate your coming, Adrian. | 真的很感谢你来这儿 Adrian |
[10:46] | I know that Marilyn thinks | 我知道Marilyn以为 |
[10:47] | this is about some union business at the landfill. | 我和你谈的是垃圾填筑地上的一些生意 |
[10:49] | But the fact is… | 可是事实上… |
[10:51] | This is a personal matter. | 是私事 |
[10:52] | Uh-huh. | 我需要你的帮助 Adrian |
[10:54] | I need your help, Adrian. | 我需要你的帮助 Adrian |
[10:55] | I hear you’re a big shot detective now. | 我听说你现在是大侦探 |
[10:58] | No surprise there. | 意料之中 |
[11:00] | I always knew you had it upstairs. | 我一直都知道你很聪明 |
[11:05] | This is hard for me. | 我实在很难接受 |
[11:07] | It’s probably hard for any guy. | 换成任何人都很难 |
[11:12] | I think Marilyn’s been stepping out. | 我觉得Marilyn有外遇 |
[11:17] | Really? | 真的? |
[11:18] | Yeah, I didn’t believe it either. | 是啊 我以前也不相信 |
[11:20] | Me and Marilyn, we’ve always been, you know, | 我和Marilyn一直都是 |
[11:24] | rock solid. | 情比金坚 |
[11:26] | At least that’s what I thought. | 至少我是这么认为的 |
[11:29] | Last week she told me she was going out of town | 上周她说要和几个朋友出城去 |
[11:31] | with some girlfriends, | |
[11:32] | but she never left. | 可她根本没去 |
[11:34] | I saw her. | 我看见她了 |
[11:36] | Well where was this? | 在哪儿 |
[11:37] | Lafayette Square two days ago. | 两天前 在Lafayette广场 |
[11:40] | It was just a random thing. | 很偶然 |
[11:43] | I was in a cab. | 当时我在出租车上 |
[11:46] | There was a red light. | 遇上个红灯 |
[11:48] | And there she was… | 我看见她… |
[11:50] | crossing the street. | 正在过马路 |
[11:53] | She was meeting someone. | 她是去见某人 |
[11:56] | I could tell the way she was walking. | 从她走路的样子我就看得出来 |
[11:59] | The way she was dressed. | 还有她的打扮 |
[12:02] | It’s been eating me up. | 我完全无法相信 |
[12:05] | I gotta know where was she going. | 我想知道她要去哪儿 |
[12:09] | It’s a good question. | 问得好 |
[12:11] | Mr. Brody, I’m sorry. | Brody 很抱歉 |
[12:13] | We don’t take on matrimonial cases. | 我们不接婚姻方面的案子 |
[12:16] | We could give you the name of a private… | – 我们可以给你其他侦探的名字… |
[12:18] | Hold on, Natalie. | – 等等 Natalie |
[12:20] | I’ve known Rod for years. | 我和Rod是老相识了 |
[12:23] | Well… | 他… |
[12:25] | He’s one of my… | 他是我的… |
[12:27] | oldest friends. | 老友 |
[12:29] | I think we can make an exception. | 就破例一次吧 |
[12:35] | I’ll take the case. | 案子我接了 |
[12:42] | What was that about? | 搞什么啊 |
[12:43] | She’s cheating on him. | 她在骗他 |
[12:45] | – We don’t know that. – Of course we do. | 我们还不知道呢 当然知道了 |
[12:47] | It has to be true. It’s always true. | 肯定是真的 通常都是真的 |
[12:49] | And I get to tell him, Natalie. | 我得告诉他 Natalie |
[12:50] | This is gonna kill him! | 这会要了他的命 等等 Monk先生 你可不能趁人之危报仇啊 |
[12:52] | Wait, Mr. Monk, you can’t enjoying this. | 等等 Monk先生 你可不能趁人之危报仇啊 |
[12:54] | I am loving it. | 我爱死这样了 |
[12:55] | Look, it’s a beautiful day. | 今天天气真是好 |
[12:56] | I think the sun’s coming out. | 太阳也出来了 |
[12:58] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[13:00] | This is better than a swirly. | 这比打转好多了 |
[13:02] | I win. Do you understand? | 我赢了 你懂吗 |
[13:04] | After 40 years, I win. | 40年后 我赢了 |
[13:20] | Okay, he said he lost track of her… | 他说他在这儿跟丢了 |
[13:22] | right here. | |
[13:24] | So which way did she go? | 她走的是哪条路呢 |
[13:26] | That way. | 那条 我想不是 |
[13:28] | I don’t think so. She was wearing high heels. | 我想不是 她穿着高跟鞋 |
[13:30] | That’s a cobblestone street and it’s all uphill. | 那条路是圆石铺的 全是上坡路 |
[13:33] | So west? | 西边? 不是 这儿和码头之间什么也没有 |
[13:34] | No, there’s nothing between here and the pier. | 不是 这儿和码头之间什么也没有 |
[13:36] | All right, well that leaves north or south. | 好吧 只剩下南北两条路了 |
[13:42] | That way. | 那条 为什么呢 |
[13:43] | Why that way? | 为什么呢 我运气好呗 |
[13:45] | I feel lucky! | 我运气好呗 |
[13:47] | Isn’t this a great case? | 这案子简直太棒了 |
[13:48] | Isn’t this the best case ever? | 简直就是最棒的一起案子 |
[13:50] | I’ve never seen you like this. | 你以前从没这样过 |
[13:52] | God, I never knew revenge could be so sweet. | 天啊 报仇的感觉好极了 |
[13:54] | And what makes it even sweeter? | 怎么样才能再好一些呢 |
[13:56] | Give up? | 失望? Roderick Brody正花钱买失望呢 |
[13:57] | Roderick Brody is paying for it. | Roderick Brody正花钱买失望呢 |
[13:59] | He is footing the bill for his own comeuppance. | 为他的报应买单 |
[14:01] | And that is the best kind of comeuppance there is. | 这个报应实在太爽了 |
[14:04] | Excuse me, kind sir. | 打扰一下 好心先生 |
[14:06] | Have you seen this woman? | 你见过这个女士吗 |
[14:08] | She’s cheating on a guy | 她骗了个男人 而那个男人以前把我的头按在马桶里 |
[14:09] | who used to put my head in a toilet bowl. | 而那个男人以前把我的头按在马桶里 |
[14:11] | Isn’t that great? | 实在太棒了 是吧 |
[14:14] | Mr. Monk, don’t you feel bad even a little? | Monk先生 难道你就不觉得难过吗 哪怕是一点点 |
[14:16] | I mean if you’re right, | 如果你是对的 |
[14:18] | this could destroy their marriage. | 他们的婚姻就完了 |
[14:19] | You’re the one who’s always talking about karma. | 你不是老念叨着命运吗 |
[14:22] | What goes around comes around. | 善有善报 恶有恶报 |
[14:24] | Isn’t that what you said? | 这些话不是你常说的吗 我可不是这个意思 |
[14:26] | That isn’t what I meant. | 我可不是这个意思 当然是了 |
[14:27] | Of course it is. | 当然是了 当然是了 |
[14:28] | Of course it is. | 当然是了 |
[14:31] | Ooh, that looks promising. | 哦 那个看来很有可能 |
[14:33] | Come on. | 看看去 |
[14:38] | Hi, excuse me. | 嗨 打扰一下 |
[14:40] | Hi, um, we’re looking for this woman. | 嗨 我们在找这个女人 |
[14:45] | You a cop? | 你是警察? 不是 |
[14:46] | No. No, no, no. Just an old friend. | 不是 不 不 不 只是个老友 |
[14:49] | Haven’t seen her. | 没见过 |
[14:52] | Okay. | 那好吧 |
[14:58] | Maybe General Washington can refresh your memory. | 或许华盛顿将军能唤醒你的记忆 |
[15:04] | Is that a dollar? | 是美元吗 |
[15:09] | Okay, I get it. | 我懂了 |
[15:10] | Who knows? Maybe there are… | 或许… |
[15:15] | Two General Washingtons. | 两个华盛顿将军 |
[15:18] | Where are you going? | 你去哪儿 |
[15:20] | Where’s he going? | 他去哪儿 |
[15:24] | Got to admire the guy. He’s incorruptible. | 不得不佩服这家伙啊 很廉洁 是D员吧 |
[15:28] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[15:30] | She’s right over there. | 她就在那儿 |
[15:34] | – Oh, my God. It’s true. | – Oh, my God. – 哦 天啊 居然是真的 – 哦 天啊 |
[15:37] | This… is going to kill him. | 这…会要了他的命 |
[15:40] | He’s actually kind of cute. | 他倒是满可爱的 |
[15:41] | Even better. | 不止 |
[15:43] | All right, I get to tell him. | 好的 我得告诉他 就这么办 |
[15:44] | That’s the deal. | 就这么办 我等不及看他的表情了 |
[15:46] | Oh, I can’t wait to see his face. | 我等不及看他的表情了 |
[15:48] | Mr. Monk. | Monk先生 |
[15:49] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[15:52] | Is that your camera? Where did you get that? | 你的相机 哪儿来的 |
[15:54] | It was a birthday gift. | 我的生日礼物 |
[15:56] | From who? Thomas Edison? | 谁送的 爱迪生吗 是我奶奶送的 |
[15:57] | It was from my Nana. | 是我奶奶送的 等等 里面还有胶卷吗 |
[15:59] | Wait, is there actual film in it? | 当然有胶卷了 |
[16:00] | Of course there’s film in it. | 当然有胶卷了 |
[16:02] | I have three pictures left. | 还可以照三张照片 |
[16:07] | Okay, there’s not enough light. | 这儿光线不够 |
[16:08] | So… | 得这样… 得这样… |
[16:12] | Is that a flash cube? | 是闪光灯吗 |
[16:14] | Bingo. | 搞定 |
[16:15] | Hold this. Hold it. | 拿着 |
[16:18] | Okay, okay. | 好的 |
[16:22] | What are you doing? | 这是干嘛 |
[16:24] | It’s an old private eye trick. | 独家反光窍门 拿着 |
[16:26] | Hold that. | 可以当镜子用 |
[16:27] | I’m gonna use it as a mirror. | 可以当镜子用 |
[16:30] | Ah-pah… Turn it. | |
[16:32] | Hurry up. Take the picture. | 快点 拍啊 |
[16:34] | – That way’s too much. – Take it. | 拍啊 |
[16:37] | Ow. | |
[16:39] | You like that spoon, huh? | 你很喜欢 |
[16:41] | Yes. | 是的 先生 |
[16:42] | Sir, um, would you mind taking our picture? | 先生 能帮我们拍张照片吗 |
[16:45] | Madame, I would be honored. | 我的荣幸 |
[16:47] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 给你 |
[16:49] | Here you go. | 给你 可以拍了 |
[16:50] | It’s ready to go. | 可以拍了 |
[16:52] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[16:53] | I got the same model myself. | 我也有个同型号的 |
[16:56] | A gift from my Nana. | 我奶奶送我的 先生 麻烦你站在这儿 |
[16:57] | Okay, sir, if you wouldn’t mind standing right… | 先生 麻烦你站在这儿 |
[17:02] | there. | 就这儿 – 看得到我们吗 – 是的 |
[17:03] | Okay, can you see us? | – 看得到我们吗 – 是的 |
[17:05] | I gotcha. | 好的 |
[17:06] | Okay, if you could stand right there. | 你就站在这儿 |
[17:09] | Right? | 好吗 数到三 |
[17:10] | And on the count of three. | 数到三 |
[17:12] | One. | |
[17:13] | Two. | |
[17:14] | And three. | |
[17:17] | Well… you’re right. | 你是对的 |
[17:23] | His name is Douglas Fendle. | 他叫Douglas Fendle |
[17:25] | Do you know him? | 你认识他吗 Fendle? 不认识 |
[17:26] | – Fendle? No. – Are you sure? | Fendle? 不认识 肯定不认识吗 |
[17:29] | Young, strapping, good-looking guy. | 年轻 身材高大 长相出众 |
[17:31] | Viral. You don’t know him? | 真不认识吗 |
[17:33] | Mm-mm. | |
[17:35] | She met him at a bar on Vinton Street, | 他们在Vinton大街的一个酒吧里见面 |
[17:36] | had a couple of drinks, and he left first. | 两人喝了几杯 男的先走了 |
[17:39] | Yeah, the viral guy left first. | 是的 男的先走了 |
[17:41] | We followed him to the Avalon Hotel on Jackson Place. | 我们跟踪他到了Avalon酒店 |
[17:45] | Roderick, I’m really sorry. | Roderick 我真的很难过 是啊 我们实在很难过 |
[17:46] | Yeah, we’re really, really sorry. | 是啊 我们实在很难过 |
[17:48] | I don’t see anything. | 可我什么都没看见 |
[17:50] | This is so dark. | 太暗了 是啊 |
[17:52] | Yeah, well that film expired about 35-40 years ago. | 胶卷过期了大概35到40年 不过那就是她 |
[17:55] | But that’s her. | 想哭就哭吧 |
[17:57] | If you want to cry, go ahead. | 想哭就哭吧 |
[17:59] | We… We understand. | 我们很理解 |
[18:01] | I can’t see anything. This doesn’t prove anything. | 我什么都没看见 这说明不了什么 是啊 |
[18:04] | You know it’s her. Right? | 其实你心里明白那就是她 对吧 |
[18:06] | Because you saw her on the street. | 你在街上看见她 所以你才雇我们 |
[18:08] | That’s why you hired us. | 所以你才雇我们 说实话吧 |
[18:09] | You know, to tell you the truth, I’m not so sure about that anymore. | 说实话吧 现在我不再那么肯定了 |
[18:11] | The woman I saw, maybe she wasn’t Marilyn. | 我当时看到的说不定根本不是Marilyn |
[18:13] | My eyes aren’t so great. | 我的眼神不太好 |
[18:15] | I… I could’ve been wrong. | 可能看错了 不 |
[18:17] | No, no, no. You weren’t wrong. | 不 不 你没看错 |
[18:18] | It was her. | 那就是她 |
[18:20] | I’m just, uh, I’m not convinced. | 我只是 我不相信 |
[18:23] | I need some real proof. | 我要真正的证据 |
[18:24] | You know last night was our anniversary | 昨晚是我们结婚周年纪念日 |
[18:26] | and Marilyn surprised me. | Marilyn答应我 |
[18:28] | She bought us tickets. | 她买了票 |
[18:29] | We’re going on a cruise. | 我们要坐船出游 |
[18:31] | Like a second honeymoon thing. | 就像二度蜜月 |
[18:33] | I think we’re in a good place. | 我们相处很不错 |
[18:35] | No. | 不 不 不 不 不是那么回事 |
[18:36] | No, no, no, no, no, no. You’re in a bad place. | 不 不 不 不是那么回事 |
[18:38] | You’re in Heartbreak Hotel. | 你现在伤心欲绝呢 |
[18:40] | Look at the next one. | 看下一张 |
[18:43] | Is that a… spoon? | 那是一把勺子吗 |
[18:45] | Yeah, look closer. | 看仔细些 |
[18:46] | See the reflection? | 看到反射了吗 |
[18:48] | Yeah. See, that’s them. | 是的 瞧 那就是他们 |
[18:50] | That’s your wife. | 那是你的妻子 你深爱的妻子 |
[18:52] | That’s your beloved wife. | 你深爱的妻子 |
[18:53] | This is killing you. | 这会要你的命 |
[18:54] | I don’t see it. | 我没看到 不 这会让你崩溃的 |
[18:56] | No, it’s eating you up. | 不 这会让你崩溃的 你或许是对的 |
[18:57] | You know what? You’re probably right. | 你或许是对的 酒吧里太暗了 |
[18:58] | It… It… The bar was dark. | 酒吧里太暗了 她在对面 |
[19:00] | She was across the room. We probably have the wrong girl. | 她在对面 我们或许看错了 |
[19:03] | – Natalie… – Mr. Monk, we made a mistake. | – Monk先生 我们看错了 |
[19:05] | Shh. Zip it. | 闭嘴 闭嘴 |
[19:06] | Zip it. | 闭嘴 |
[19:08] | This is the worst day of your life, right? | 今天是你最糟糕的一天 是吗 |
[19:10] | Are you crying? | 你在哭吗 |
[19:12] | A little bit? | 有一点 Adrian 如果你担心钱的问题 |
[19:13] | Adrian, I’m still gonna pay you. | Adrian 如果你担心钱的问题 |
[19:15] | If that’s what you’re worried about. | 我还是会付给你的 |
[19:20] | – Whoa. – Oh, what? The gun? | 怎么了 看到枪了? |
[19:21] | Don’t worry about that. I got a permit. | 别担心 我有执照 |
[19:23] | We live in uncertain times. | 如今可不太平 |
[19:26] | For your troubles. | 感谢 |
[19:28] | All right, how about this? | 这样如何 |
[19:30] | I’ll keep digging. | 我继续调查 我去买个好点的相机 |
[19:31] | I’ll get a better camera. | 我去买个好点的相机 数码相机 |
[19:32] | I’ll get a digital computer camera. | 数码相机 |
[19:35] | So there won’t be any doubt. | 让你看得一清二楚 |
[19:37] | Adrian, I appreciate it. | Adrian 我很感谢 不过这事就算了吧 |
[19:39] | But just forget about it, all right? It’s over. | 不过这事就算了吧 到此为止 |
[19:41] | You’re off the clock. | 你的工作完成了 |
[19:43] | Great. | 好的 |
[19:45] | Great. | Great. 好的 |
[19:47] | It took you long enough. Did you get it? | 你去了很久 买来了吗 |
[19:50] | Oh, yeah. | 好的 |
[19:52] | – Is it a good one? – Yeah. | – 这个不错吧 – 是的 |
[19:54] | Ooh, looks good. | 看起来很错 |
[19:55] | – She looks happy with it. – Yes, she does. | 她笑得很高兴嘛 是啊 |
[19:58] | – And she’s very hard to please. – Where’s the telescope thing. | – 取悦她可不容易啊 – 镜头呢 |
[20:00] | It has a automatic zoom, so it’s built-in. | 相机是自动对焦 是嵌入的 |
[20:02] | Built-in? Excellent. | 嵌入? 太棒了 |
[20:06] | Mr. Monk, it’s not heart surgery. | Monk先生 这又不是心脏手术 |
[20:08] | If we leave right away, | 如果我们现在出发 |
[20:10] | we can be at her house by 8:00. | 可以在8点到她家 |
[20:12] | We can follow her all day. | 可以全天跟踪她 |
[20:14] | Yeah, look, um, Mr. Monk, I have to tell you something. | 听着 Monk先生 我有话要说 |
[20:16] | I made a decision. | 我决定了 |
[20:18] | If you want to keep following Mrs. Brody, | 如果你想继续跟踪Brody太太 |
[20:19] | I suppose that’s your right. | 假设你是对的 虽然事实并非如此 |
[20:21] | Although it really isn’t. | 虽然事实并非如此 |
[20:22] | But I can’t help you anymore. | 我不再帮你了 |
[20:24] | Why not? | 为什么不 我…我感觉不好 |
[20:25] | I… I… I’m just not comfortable. Her husband fired us. | 我…我感觉不好 她的丈夫炒了我们 |
[20:28] | It’s what they call pro bono. | 这就是传说中的无偿服务 |
[20:30] | No, pro bono is for lawyers. | 不 无偿服务是指律师的 |
[20:32] | This is stalking. | 这可是跟踪 |
[20:34] | No, this is comeuppance. | 不 这是因果报应 |
[20:35] | Pro bono comeuppance. | 无偿的因果报应 |
[20:37] | No, that is just crazy talk. | 不 这太疯狂了 |
[20:40] | It’s not crazy talk. | – 没什么疯狂的 – 无偿的因果报应? |
[20:41] | Pro bono comeuppance? | 这还不够疯狂吗 |
[20:42] | It’s the craziest talk there is. | 这还不够疯狂吗 |
[20:44] | You heard what he said. He wants you to quit. | 你也听到他的话了 他想让你停止 |
[20:46] | I wanted him to quit! | 40年前 在第三个厕所里 |
[20:48] | I begged him to quit 40 years ago | 我想让他停止 |
[20:50] | in stall number three. | 我求他停止 |
[20:53] | – Oh, yeah. – Hello? | – 哦 太好了 – 喂 |
[20:56] | Yes, he is right here. | 是的 他在这儿 |
[20:58] | The Avalon? | Avalon? 我们知道的 |
[21:00] | Sure, we know it. We were just there. | 我们去过那儿 |
[21:02] | Wait, what’s his name? | 等等 他叫什么 |
[21:04] | Oh, my God. | 哦 天啊 |
[21:06] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[21:08] | His name is Douglas J. Fendle. | 死者叫Douglas J. Fendle |
[21:10] | Or, uh, rather it was Douglas J. Fendle. | 应该是生前叫Douglas J. Fendle |
[21:13] | I guess still is. | 我猜现在还是叫这个名字 |
[21:15] | But doesn’t matter. Let’s move on. | 无所谓了 继续说 |
[21:17] | Uh, he was 37, unmarried, from Chicago. | 37岁 未婚 来自芝加哥 |
[21:20] | Mr. Fendle was an attorney. | Fendle先生是律师 |
[21:22] | He worked at a small law firm. | 在一家小型律师事务所工作 |
[21:23] | Shellman, Reznick, and Link. | |
[21:25] | Uh, mostly family law. | 大多数都是家庭事务官司 |
[21:27] | Wills, adoptions. | 遗嘱 收养 |
[21:29] | Hey, you okay? | 嘿 你还好吧 |
[21:30] | Dynamite. | 好得不得了 你要到处看看吗 |
[21:31] | Are you gonna, you know, take a look around? | 你要到处看看吗 |
[21:34] | – Yeah, right. – Good. | 好的 我和他老板谈过了 |
[21:36] | Look, I talked to his boss. She said he was on vacation. | 她说他正休假 |
[21:38] | She didn’t even know he was here. | 她也不知道他在这儿 |
[21:40] | Hmm, interesting. | 有意思 |
[21:42] | According to the clerk, | 据酒店员工说 |
[21:44] | he checked in three days ago. | 他三天前登记入住 |
[21:45] | Kept to himself. | 独来独往 |
[21:47] | Housekeeping found the body this morning. | 清洁人员今早发现尸体 |
[21:49] | Dr. T puts the time of death | 法医估计死亡时间是昨晚8点或9点 |
[21:51] | at 8:00 or 9:00 pm last night. | |
[21:53] | He was stabbed three times. | 他被刺三刀 |
[21:55] | Ouch. | Monk先生 |
[21:56] | Mr. Monk. | |
[21:59] | There was money still in his wallet, | 钱包里的钱还在 所以不是入室抢劫 |
[22:00] | so it wasn’t a robbery. | 所以不是入室抢劫 当然不是了 |
[22:02] | No. Wasn’t a robbery. | 当然不是了 |
[22:04] | Yeah, and… | 还有… |
[22:05] | There was no forced entry. He let the guy in. | 没有强行闯入的痕迹 是他为凶手开的门 |
[22:08] | I think he knew him. | 我想他们认识 |
[22:09] | I think he did too! | 我也这么想 |
[22:12] | – Excuse me. – I think you’re right. | – 抱歉 – 你说的没错 |
[22:14] | Let me talk to you for a minute please. | 我能和你说几句吗 |
[22:16] | Do you think Roderick Brody did this? | 你觉得是Roderick Brody干的吗 |
[22:19] | Well he said he didn’t believe us. | 他说过不相信我们 显然他又想了一番 |
[22:21] | Apparently he reconsidered. | 太可怕了 有人丧命 |
[22:22] | Well that’s horrible. A man is dead. | 太可怕了 有人丧命 |
[22:24] | Yeah, I know. | 是的 我知道 第一步出现了谋杀案 |
[22:26] | And that’s a murder in the first degree. | 第一步出现了谋杀案 |
[22:28] | And you know what that means? | 你知道是什么意思吗 |
[22:29] | Prison swirlies. | 监狱里的打转转 Natalie |
[22:31] | Natalie… | 监狱里的打转转 |
[22:32] | Prison swir… | 你甚至都不想知道这个 |
[22:33] | You don’t even want to know about prison swirlies. | |
[22:36] | They’re not even technically real swirlies. | 严格上说 算不上打转转 |
[22:38] | You were right about karma. It is fantastic. | 命运一事 你说对了 – 太美妙了 – 不 Monk先生 |
[22:40] | Monk No, Mr. Monk. | |
[22:42] | Monk, Natalie, thanks for coming. | Natalie 感谢你们赶来 |
[22:43] | I was downstairs doing a little dumpster diving. | 我刚刚在楼下 垃圾大搜查 |
[22:45] | Can’t find the murder weapon. | 还是找不到凶器 |
[22:47] | There’s a steak knife missing from that service tray. | 餐盘里少了一把牛排餐刀 |
[22:50] | I guess he took it with him. | 我想被他带走了 |
[22:53] | So, what do you… | 对了 你… |
[22:55] | What do you think? | 你怎么想 |
[23:00] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[23:05] | Are you happy? | 你很高兴吗 |
[23:06] | I love my work. Is that a crime? | 我爱我的工作 这也犯法吗 |
[23:09] | No. | – 不 |
[23:10] | I think they knew the guy. | – 我想他们认识死者 |
[23:11] | Know what? | 认识什么… |
[23:12] | What? You know this guy? | 什么 你们认识死者? |
[23:14] | – Mm. – Don’t… | – 嗯 – 不 – 不认识 – 严格说来是的 |
[23:15] | – Technically. – Don’t know him. | – 不认识 – 严格说来是的 |
[23:17] | – Never met him face-to-face. – Never formally introduced. | – 从没见过 – 从没正式介绍过 |
[23:19] | Sort of. | 算是吧 -我们… -我们在跟踪他 |
[23:21] | – We… – We’ve been following him. | -我们… -我们在跟踪他 是的 |
[23:22] | Right. | 是的 你们跟踪他? |
[23:23] | You were following him? | 你们跟踪他? |
[23:26] | I wonder why. | 为什么 |
[23:28] | Well he was seeing a woman. | 他和一个已婚女士见面 |
[23:30] | A married woman. | 我们跟踪她 |
[23:32] | And we were following her. | |
[23:33] | You were following the woman. | 你们跟踪一个女人 |
[23:37] | I wonder why. | 为什么 |
[23:38] | Her husband hired us. | 是她丈夫雇我们的 |
[23:40] | Until you hear different, I wonder why? | 除非你们听错了 我想知道为什么 |
[23:44] | What? What are you doing? You’re doing divorce work now? | 你们在干嘛 现在连离婚案你们也接? |
[23:47] | No, he was just doing a favor. | 不是 他只是帮忙而已 对方是Monk先生的一个老友 |
[23:48] | He was an old friend of Mr. Monk’s. | 对方是Monk先生的一个老友 |
[23:50] | Wouldn’t exactly say he was a friend. | 严格说来不是朋友 |
[23:51] | More of an acquaintance actually. | 更像是个熟人 |
[23:53] | He beat me up every week for three years. | 他揍了我整整三年 |
[23:56] | And that would explain the stupid grin on your face. | 难怪你笑得傻兮兮的 |
[23:58] | You think you’re getting even. | 你以为这下扯平了 我知道这下我们扯平了 |
[23:59] | I know I’m getting even. | 我知道这下我们扯平了 |
[24:01] | So your pal, you told him about the affair. | 你那老友 你对他说了外遇的事 |
[24:04] | And you told him that Fendle was gonna be here. | 你告诉他Fendle会来这儿 |
[24:09] | Well I think your pal just made the top of my to-do list. | 这下你这老友是头号疑犯了 |
[24:11] | – What’s his name? – Actually we can’t tell you that. | 他叫什么 我们不能说 |
[24:14] | Technically he’s a client so it’s privileged information. | 严格说来 他是委托人 所以这是特许信息 |
[24:17] | We could contact a lawyer or a third party… | 我们可以找律师或第三方… |
[24:19] | Roderick Brody. | |
[24:22] | 23 Orchard Circle. | Orchard区23号 |
[24:24] | No. B-R-O. | 不 |
[24:26] | That looks like an A. | 是BRO |
[24:27] | B-R-O-D-Y. Roderick Brody. | 你写得像A |
[24:30] | Well let’s go talk to him. | 去找他谈谈 |
[24:35] | Prison swirlies! | 监狱的打转转 |
[24:38] | You didn’t have to drag me down here. | 没必要把我带到这儿来 |
[24:40] | I could’ve talked to you at my office. | 可以在我办公室谈 |
[24:42] | Well I’m more comfortable here. I got my own coffee mug. | 在这儿我更舒服 用我自己的咖啡杯 |
[24:44] | I got the AC set just the way I like it. | 我喜欢这儿的空调 |
[24:46] | Yeah, well can I at least call my wife? | 那至少我能打电话给我妻子吧 |
[24:48] | We’ve already called her. She’s on her way. | 我们已经打给她了 她正赶来 |
[24:50] | So let’s start at the beginning. | 我们从头开始吧 |
[24:52] | You knew Mr. Monk from the neighborhood. | 你认识Monk先生 |
[24:54] | You hired him to follow your wife. | 你雇他跟踪你妻子 |
[24:55] | He told you about Mr. Fendle. | 他告诉你Fendle先生的事 |
[24:57] | Told you about Fendle at the hotel. | 告诉你Fendle就在酒店里 |
[24:59] | Yeah, but it wasn’t my wife. | 是的 可那不是我妻子 |
[25:00] | The woman you saw in that bar. It wasn’t Marilyn. | 你在酒吧里看到的女人 根本不是Marilyn |
[25:03] | Couldn’t have been. | 不可能是她 |
[25:05] | I told you about your wife and Mr. Fendle. | 我对你说了你妻子和Fendle先生幽会 |
[25:08] | And then two hours later, Fendle was dead. | 两小时后 Fendle就死了 |
[25:12] | It looks pretty bad, Roddy. | 看起来真的很糟糕哦 Roddy |
[25:15] | Um, skipping ahead. | 继续说 |
[25:17] | 8:00 last night? | 昨晚8点 你在哪儿 |
[25:19] | I told you. I was home… with Marilyn. | 我说过了 我和Marilyn在家 |
[25:22] | We rented a movie. | 我们租了一部电影 |
[25:23] | What’s the matter, Roddy? You look a little flushed. | 怎么回事 Roddy 你好像有些脸红 |
[25:30] | Get it? | – 明白? – 不 |
[25:31] | No. | – 明白? – 不 |
[25:33] | Neither do I. | 我也不明白 |
[25:35] | Flushed? | 脸红? |
[25:36] | He gets it. Trust me. | 他明白的 相信我 |
[25:38] | He gets it. | 他明白的 |
[25:40] | Okay, um… Monk. | 好的 Monk |
[25:42] | We’ll take it from here, okay? Thank you. | 让我们来 好吗 谢谢 |
[25:44] | I bet the room is just swirling around you right now, isn’t it? | 我打赌现在这间屋就在围着你打转了 |
[25:48] | It’s swirling all around. | 转啊转 |
[25:51] | Your whole life is about to go down the drain. | 你的一辈子完了 |
[25:54] | Wait, I have more. | 等等 我还没说完呢 |
[25:56] | Your thoughts are overflowing… | 你的思想满是… |
[25:58] | Just wait for Marilyn. | 那就等着Marilyn吧 |
[25:59] | When she gets here she’ll tell you. | 她会告诉你的 |
[26:01] | We were together all night. I never left her side. | 昨晚我们一直在一起 我从没离开过 |
[26:03] | – I’m sorry, baby. – Oh, thank God. | 抱歉 宝贝 哦 谢天谢地 |
[26:05] | Marilyn, you gotta tell these guys about what we did last night. | 快告诉这些人昨晚我们在干嘛 |
[26:08] | I know, I know, what you want me to say but I… | 我知道 我知道 我知道你想要我说什么 可是… |
[26:11] | I can’t lie for you after what you did. | 在你干了那些事情之后 我无法为你撒谎隐瞒 |
[26:14] | What? | 什么 |
[26:15] | The truth is that I… | 事实就是 我… |
[26:18] | I was in love with Doug Fendle. | 我和Doug Fendle相爱 |
[26:20] | Last night, | 昨晚 |
[26:21] | I told Roderick the truth. | 我对Roderick和盘托出 |
[26:23] | I tried to. | 我试过了 |
[26:24] | What are you talking about, Marilyn? | – 你在说什么呢 |
[26:26] | Mr. Brody, let her talk. | – Brody先生 先听她说完 |
[26:27] | What happened? | 到底怎么了 |
[26:29] | He got furious. | 他大发雷霆 |
[26:31] | He said he was gonna kill Doug. | 说要杀了Doug |
[26:33] | And then… he left. | 然后…他一怒之下出门了 |
[26:36] | What are you doing… | -你在干嘛啊 -嘿 |
[26:37] | Hey, Mr. Brody! What time was this? | Brody先生 当时是几点 |
[26:39] | Um, 7:30. | 7点30 |
[26:43] | He left for about, I don’t know, two hours. | 他出去了大概两个小时 |
[26:45] | And when he came back, | 他回来时 |
[26:48] | he was… bloody. | 身上有血迹 |
[26:50] | – Marilyn! – Mr. Brody. | – Brody先生 |
[26:52] | This is ridiculous! I don’t know why she’s saying this. | – 简直一派胡言 – 把他抓住 我不知道她为什么要这么说 |
[26:55] | – Sit down! – What are you doing? | – 坐下 – 你这是干嘛啊 |
[26:57] | It’s okay. Go on. | 没事 继续说 |
[26:59] | When I came downstairs, | 我下楼 |
[27:01] | Roderick was by the fireplace. | Roderick在壁炉旁边 |
[27:03] | He was burning his clothes. | 正在烧他的衣服 |
[27:05] | That is totally insane! She’s lying to you! | 太荒唐了 她撒谎 |
[27:07] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[27:08] | He gave me this. | 他给了我这个 |
[27:10] | Told me to get rid of it. | 让我处理掉 |
[27:19] | I’m going to step outside for a moment. | 我要出去一会儿 |
[27:24] | A little fresh air. | 呼吸呼吸新鲜空气 |
[27:39] | Mr. Monk, there you are. | Monk先生 你在这儿啊 |
[27:44] | – What are you doing? – Shh. | 干嘛呢 |
[27:46] | Listen. You hear that? | 听 你听到了吗 |
[27:48] | Birds. They’re singing. | 小鸟在歌唱 |
[27:51] | Is that a lark? Yeah? | 是云雀吗 |
[27:53] | Uh, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:55] | You know how I feel? | 你了解此刻我的感受吗 |
[27:56] | Liberated. | 解脱了 |
[27:59] | I should’ve confronted that S.O. you-know-what | 我能面对多年前 |
[28:02] | years ago. | |
[28:03] | B. | 而且 我还是无法相信 我赢了 |
[28:04] | I still can’t believe I won. | 我还是无法相信 我赢了 |
[28:06] | Yeah, Mr. Monk, I don’t think anybody really won anything. | Monk先生 我觉得其实没人获胜 |
[28:08] | You’re right of course. You’re right. | 当然 你说的没错 |
[28:10] | Except me. I won big time. | 除了我 我大获全胜 |
[28:12] | Are you gonna start singing? | 你要唱歌吗 |
[28:13] | I could! I almost could. | 几乎就要了 |
[28:15] | You know what I am gonna do though? | 你知道我要做什么吗 |
[28:17] | I’m gonna do a cartwheel. | 来个侧翻跳 |
[28:21] | I’m gonna do a cartwheel right here. | 就在这儿 侧翻跳 |
[28:23] | You might want to stand back. It’s my first cartwheel. | 退后一些 这可是我第一次侧翻跳 |
[28:26] | That’s perfect. | 简直完美 空间够大 很好 |
[28:27] | Plenty of room there. Great. | 空间够大 很好 |
[28:29] | I’m gonna do it right here. | 我就在这儿来一个 |
[28:45] | What am I doing? | 我在做什么啊 |
[28:47] | A man’s been killed, right? | 有人被害 |
[28:50] | A man was stabbed to death. | 有人被刺身亡 |
[28:52] | Yeah, that’s what I’ve been saying. | 是啊 我一直都这么说 |
[28:54] | This is no time for cartwheels. | 没时间侧翻跳了 |
[28:58] | Why don’t I listen to you? | 为什么我没听你的呢 |
[29:00] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[29:02] | On the other hand, | 另一方面 |
[29:03] | I have been waiting 40 years for this. | 为了这一刻 我已经等了40年 |
[29:05] | I mean this is a moment to savor. | 这是胜利一刻 |
[29:06] | It may never happen again. | 不会有第二次了 |
[29:08] | I’m doing the cartwheel. | 我要侧翻跳 |
[29:09] | I am doing it. | 现在就开始 |
[29:14] | I can’t do it. | 我做不到 |
[29:15] | It’s ghoulish! | 太残忍了 |
[29:16] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[29:18] | One man dead, another man going to jail. | 一人丧命 一人进监狱 |
[29:20] | Am I a ghoul? | 我是幸灾乐祸的人吗 |
[29:21] | No, Mr. Monk. You’re not a ghoul. | 不 Monk先生 你不的 |
[29:22] | – What is a ghoul? – I don’t know. | 什么是幸灾乐祸 我不知道 |
[29:24] | I don’t care! That is my arch enemy! | 我不管 那是我的头号仇家 |
[29:27] | One cartwheel. | 我得来一个侧翻跳 |
[29:28] | I gotta do it. I can’t do it. | 我做不到 |
[29:30] | – Natalie, do the cartwheel. – What? | – Natalie 你来一个吧 – 什么 |
[29:32] | Come on, it’s a good compromise. | 来吧 这个折中的方法不错 |
[29:34] | Cartwheel by proxy. | 由代理人来侧翻跳 |
[29:36] | And don’t forget to say “wee.” | 别忘了说开始 |
[29:38] | Gotta say “wee!” | 得说 开始 |
[29:39] | No. Thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[29:46] | Oh, no. | – 不 |
[29:48] | What happened? | 哦 不 |
[29:51] | Brody… | – 怎么了 |
[29:54] | He had a gun. | 他有枪 |
[29:59] | Mr. Monk. And, um… | Monk先生 这位是… |
[30:01] | I’m sorry, I’m so bad with names. | 抱歉 我老是记不住名字 |
[30:03] | – Natalie. | – Natalie. – Natalie 没错 |
[30:05] | Yeah. | 没错 抱歉打扰你 |
[30:06] | Sorry to bother you. | 抱歉打扰你 |
[30:07] | Something’s come up. | 出了点事 |
[30:09] | Honestly, this… this isn’t a great time for me. | 其实现在我没时间 |
[30:11] | I’m in the middle of some business. | – 我正处理公事 – 一分钟就好 |
[30:13] | – It’ll just take a minute. – Okay. | 好吧 |
[30:15] | I’ll be right with you. | 我陪你去 |
[30:21] | Mrs. Brody, we’re all set here. | Brody太太 都弄好了 |
[30:22] | It’ll take me a couple days to open the new account. | 我得花几天开通新账户 |
[30:25] | Thank you so much for helping out, Eric. | 谢谢 Eric |
[30:27] | Especially on such short notice. | 尤其事发突然 |
[30:29] | Well it’s your money too, Marilyn. | 这也是你的钱 Marilyn |
[30:30] | I’ll have someone from the Grand Cayman branch call you, okay? | 我会让开曼群岛分公司的人打给你 |
[30:33] | Afternoon. | 下午好 |
[30:37] | Well, it certainly does seem | 显然 |
[30:41] | that Roderick could be going to prison for quite some time. | Roderick得坐很长一段时间的牢 |
[30:44] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[30:46] | I… I never should’ve told him about Douglas. | 我真不该告诉他Douglas的事 |
[30:48] | Well I… | 我… |
[30:49] | I knew what he was capable of and.. | 我知道他做得出来 |
[30:53] | Anyway. | 算了 |
[30:55] | I’m sorry, Mr. Monk. | 抱歉 Monk先生 |
[30:56] | Can I help you with something? | 我能帮上什么忙吗 |
[30:58] | You had a question. | 你不是有什么问题吗 |
[30:59] | Yes, right. | 是的 |
[31:00] | You mentioned last night | 你说过 |
[31:02] | your husband was upset. | 昨晚你丈夫很不安 |
[31:04] | He stormed out of the house. | 他冲了出去 |
[31:06] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[31:07] | What car was he driving? | 他开的什么车 |
[31:10] | What car? Uh, his car. | 什么车 他的车啊 |
[31:12] | Right, so… | 好的 那么… |
[31:14] | Here’s my problem, Mrs. Brody. | 我的问题就在这儿 Brody太太 |
[31:16] | Your husband keeps a handgun in his glove compartment. | 你丈夫车仪表板中的小柜里有把枪 |
[31:19] | I saw it. | 我见过的 |
[31:20] | So why a steak knife? | 那为什么还要用牛排餐刀呢 |
[31:22] | How did he even know the steak knife | 他怎么知道酒店房间里有牛排餐刀呢 |
[31:24] | would be in the hotel room? | |
[31:26] | Maybe he took the handgun with him | 或许他带着枪 |
[31:29] | and then realized at the last moment | 发现巨大的枪声会引人注意 |
[31:31] | it was too loud. | |
[31:33] | He changed his mind. | 他改变主意了 |
[31:35] | Maybe. | Maybe. 也许吧 也许吧 |
[31:37] | I’m… I’m so sorry I can’t be more helpful, Mr. Monk. | 抱歉 |
[31:40] | Are you gonna be okay? | 但愿我能帮你的忙 Monk先生 |
[31:42] | Yeah, I’m gonna be fine. | 你没事吧 我会没事的 |
[31:43] | My aunt is flying in tomorrow. | 我阿姨坐明天的飞机来 |
[31:46] | I just have to take this one day at a time. | 我总要面对的 |
[31:50] | That’s the way to do it. | 这样很好 |
[31:52] | Sorry to bother you. | 打扰了 |
[32:22] | I have some papers for you to sign. | 有些文件要你签字 |
[32:24] | Where’s my husband? | 我丈夫呢 |
[32:26] | Oh, you’ve got other things to worry about. | 你有其他要担心的事 |
[32:29] | Believe me. | 相信我 |
[32:31] | You know, if you don’t want to sign them, | 如果你不想签字 |
[32:33] | you don’t have to. | 我也不强迫 我的签名和你很像 |
[32:34] | My signature. Close enough. | 我的签名和你很像 |
[32:37] | A cop named Monk stopped by today. | 今天一个叫Monk的警察来过 |
[32:40] | He was smart. Too smart. | 他很聪明 太聪明了 |
[32:43] | We are gonna have to accelerate our schedule. | 我们得加快速度 |
[32:45] | Which is too bad, | 这太糟了 |
[32:47] | because we were just getting to know each other. | 因为我们才认识不久 |
[32:53] | It’s fun having a sister, isn’t it? | 有个姐姐真好玩啊 |
[33:07] | Adrian. | 不是吗 |
[33:09] | You okay? | 你还好吧 |
[33:10] | Am I okay? | 你还好吧 我好不好 |
[33:12] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[33:13] | I guess I’m everything. | 什么滋味都有 |
[33:15] | Angry. | 愤怒 |
[33:17] | Confused. | 愤怒 糊涂 |
[33:18] | Scared. | 糊涂 害怕 |
[33:19] | I… I can’t get my head around this. | 脑子一团糟 |
[33:21] | You think you need a lawyer? | 要找律师吗 |
[33:23] | Oh, I got ten lawyers. | 我有十个律师 |
[33:24] | Just… I never thought I’d need ’em for this. | 只是… 没想到会在这种情况下找他们 |
[33:27] | Well, I have some news. | 我有些消息 |
[33:30] | Oh, yeah? | 什么 |
[33:32] | I’ve decided to help you. | 我决定帮你一把 |
[33:35] | I thought you were helping me. | 你不是一直都在帮我吗 |
[33:37] | Well, I… I’ve decided to really help you. | 我决定真正的帮助你 |
[33:41] | Until now I’ve sort of… | 以前我一直在… |
[33:43] | been faking it. | 伪装 |
[33:46] | The truth is I was hoping | 其实我希望 |
[33:49] | that your wife was cheating on you. | 你的妻子骗你 |
[33:51] | I was… sort of… | 看你被捕了 |
[33:54] | glad when you got arrested. | 我有些开心 |
[33:55] | You were glad. | 你开心 |
[33:57] | Well… figured it was payback. | 我想… 这下报应来了 |
[34:01] | For what? | 为什么 |
[34:04] | For what? | 为什么 |
[34:06] | For… For what? | 为什么 |
[34:08] | – Yeah. – For seventh grade! | – 是啊 – 因为七年级的事 |
[34:11] | For ruining my life! | 因为毁了我一生 |
[34:13] | Weren’t… Weren’t you listening? | 你到底在没在听啊 |
[34:14] | Are you talking about the swirlies? | 原来你说的是打转啊 |
[34:16] | Yes! | 是的 |
[34:18] | Ye… Yes. | 是的 |
[34:20] | Yes. | Yes. 是的 |
[34:21] | You… | 你… |
[34:23] | You used to terrorize me. | 你威胁我 |
[34:25] | Hey, you gave as good as you got? | 嘿 你还真是以牙还牙啊 |
[34:27] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[34:29] | You didn’t just roll over like a lot of those kids. | 你不像其他孩子一样忘了童年往事 |
[34:31] | I remember. You called me names. | 我记得 你叫我的外号 |
[34:33] | You hurt my feelings. | 伤害我的感情 |
[34:35] | And… and you splashed me. | 还泼我水 |
[34:36] | I splashed you? | 我泼你水? |
[34:38] | Yeah, but I don’t dwell on it. | 没错 我就不细说了 |
[34:40] | What am I gonna do? Hold a grudge for 30 years? | 我该怎么办呢 记仇记30年? |
[34:42] | – I figure we’re even. – Don’t believe this. | 我想这下我们扯平了 |
[34:46] | I… I… I… | 我 我 |
[34:47] | I… I cannot believe this. | 我 我真是不相信 |
[34:50] | You mean, you never even… | 你从来都没… |
[34:53] | Do you have any idea… | 你知道… |
[34:58] | I… I… I… I… | 我 我 我 |
[35:00] | Okay, all right, a-a-a-a-a… | 好了 |
[35:02] | Let’s move on. | 算了吧 |
[35:03] | Okay, let’s just… | 算了吧 我们还是… |
[35:07] | talk about your wife. | – 说说你妻子吧 |
[35:08] | Okay. | – 好的 |
[35:12] | I think she might’ve been lying about last night. | 我想昨晚的事 她撒谎了 |
[35:14] | Oh, I know she’s lying. | 我知道她在撒谎 |
[35:16] | I just can’t figure out why. | 可这到底是为什么 |
[35:18] | I’ve been sitting here for two hours wrecking my brain. | 我坐在这儿想了两个小时 想破了头 |
[35:20] | Racking your brain. | 想破了头 |
[35:21] | Here’s what I know, okay? | 我知道的是 |
[35:22] | I know I didn’t do it. | 我知道这不是我干的 |
[35:24] | And I know she didn’t do it ’cause I was with her all night. | 也不是她干的 我们一个晚上都在一起 |
[35:26] | Where did she get… | 她从哪儿… |
[35:29] | The knife. | 拿到刀? |
[35:31] | I don’t know. Where did she get the knife? | 拿到刀? 我不知道 她到底从哪儿拿到那把刀 |
[35:33] | I can’t figure it. | 我想不明白 |
[35:35] | Something’s going on here but I… | 出了什么事 可我… |
[35:37] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[35:39] | That’s me. | 那是我 |
[35:41] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[35:42] | It’s a mirror. | 那是镜子 |
[35:44] | Oh, my God. | 哦 天啊 |
[35:50] | She did it. | 是她干的 |
[35:51] | Who did what? | 谁干的什么 |
[35:53] | Marilyn. | |
[35:54] | Your wife. | 你妻子 |
[35:56] | Last night she was at the hotel. | 昨晚她去了酒店 |
[35:59] | She killed Doug Fendle. | 杀了Doug Fendle |
[36:01] | I feel like I’m in eighth grade geometry class here | 我好像回到了八年级的几何课 |
[36:03] | I don’t understand. | 完全摸不着头脑 |
[36:04] | I told you I was with her. | 我说了 我们在一起 |
[36:05] | Was she with me or was she at the hotel? | 她究竟是在酒店 还是和我在一起呢 |
[36:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[36:10] | And no. | 也不是 |
[36:11] | She was with you… | 她和你在一起 |
[36:13] | and she was at the hotel. | 也在酒店 |
[36:17] | She was both. | 一人在两地 |
[36:20] | Twins. | 是双胞胎 |
[36:32] | Hey, sis. | 嘿 姐姐 |
[36:34] | How you feeling? | 感觉如何 |
[36:35] | Those are some pretty strong tranquilizers | 我给你的可是强效镇定剂 |
[36:38] | I gave you. | |
[36:39] | You know, | 你知道吗 |
[36:41] | I didn’t even know I had a sister | 我以前都不知道自己还有个姐姐 |
[36:44] | until that… | 直到Doug |
[36:45] | that lawyer Doug Fendle came knocking. | Fnedle律师找上门来 |
[36:48] | His firm represented our adoption | 30年前 |
[36:50] | 35 years ago. | 我们被收养的手续就是他们公司办的 |
[36:52] | Can you believe that? | 你能相信吗 |
[36:53] | And now… | 而现在 |
[36:55] | You’re worth what? | 你值多少钱 |
[36:57] | $9-10 million? | 900万还是1000万? |
[37:02] | I never even had a savings account. | 我连储蓄账户都没有过 |
[37:05] | Doesn’t really seem fair, does it? | 实在不公平 |
[37:07] | Mm. | |
[37:17] | Monk. | Monk 你是对的 |
[37:19] | You were right. She has a twin sister. | Monk 你是对的 她有个双胞胎妹妹 |
[37:21] | A Patrice Gesner. | 名叫Patrice Gesner |
[37:22] | They were adopted by different families 35 years ago in Milwaukee. | 35年钱她们在Milwaukee 被不同的家庭收养 |
[37:25] | Papers were sealed. They never knew each other. | 文件是密封的 她们一直都互不认识 |
[37:27] | I think they’re both in there. | 我想她们都在里面 |
[37:28] | – You want to look around? – Not yet. | 你们想四处看看吗 |
[37:30] | Rodriquez is getting a warrant. He’ll be here soon. | 暂时还不 Rodriquez正在申请搜查令 他很快就到 |
[37:32] | So identical twins, huh? | 同卵双生胎? |
[37:34] | That’s one for the books. | 书上是这么写的 |
[37:35] | Yeah, I’m pretty sure I said twins. | 我肯定自己说的是双胞胎 |
[37:37] | Randy, you always say twins. | Randy 你一直都说是双胞胎 |
[37:39] | You’ve been depressed. | 你一直沮丧 |
[37:41] | And you’ve been drinking. | 一直酗酒 |
[37:43] | They’re gonna find your body | 他们会在桥附近的山海湾里发现你的尸体 |
[37:45] | in the bay near the bridge. | |
[37:48] | The bay is salt water so I have to add this. | 那儿是盐水 所以我得加这个 |
[37:51] | So how did you know? | 你是怎么知道的 |
[37:52] | Little things. They began to add up. | 小事 后来蹊跷越来越多 |
[37:54] | When I first met her, she mentioned her aunt in Texas. | 我第一次见她时 她说有个阿姨在Texas |
[37:57] | Just one aunt in Texas. She didn’t even make it. | 只有一个阿姨在Texas 可她也没来 |
[38:00] | She pronounced it “ant.” | 她说的是 阿姨 |
[38:01] | This morning, she said: | 而今天早上 她说的是 |
[38:03] | My aunt is flying in tomorrow. | 我阿姨坐明天的飞机来 |
[38:06] | And the fingernails. | 还有指甲 |
[38:07] | Two days ago, she was biting them. | 两天前 她咬指甲 |
[38:09] | This morning they were long and perfectly manicured. | 而今早指甲很长 修建得很漂亮 |
[38:12] | It’s time for your bath, sis. | 洗澡时间到了 姐姐 |
[38:16] | This might hurt a little. | 会有点疼 |
[38:21] | I wonder if I’ll feel it. | 似乎我也感受到了 |
[38:22] | Probably not. | 还是算了 |
[38:24] | It’s not like you felt my pain for the last 35 years. | 35年来 你可没尝过我的痛苦 |
[38:29] | Roderick’s wife wasn’t cheating on him. | Roderick的妻子并没有欺骗他 |
[38:31] | The woman he saw last week was her sister. | 他上周看到的是女人是她的妹妹 |
[38:33] | Yeah, we weren’t following Marilyn. | 是的 我们跟踪的不是Marilyn |
[38:34] | We were following her twin. | 而是她的双胞胎妹妹 |
[38:37] | This morning while we were all at the police station, | 今天上午我们在警局 |
[38:40] | the sister was here. | 这时她妹妹去了她家 |
[38:41] | She was switching places. | 她要交换两人的身份 |
[38:45] | She was gonna kill Roderick too | 她也计划杀了Roderick |
[38:47] | to get him out of the way | 除掉他这个障碍 |
[38:48] | until we arrested him. | 我们逮捕了他 |
[38:50] | We just made her job easier. | 等于帮了她的忙 |
[38:52] | Arrested? | 被捕了? |
[38:56] | I’ll be right there. | 我马上就去 |
[39:00] | Okay, why did she kill Fendle? | 那她为什么要杀Fendle |
[39:02] | Fendle was her partner in all this. | 这事从头到尾 Fendle都是她的搭档 |
[39:04] | But she didn’t want to cut him in. | 可她想独吞 |
[39:06] | There was a banker here this morning. | 今早来了个银行的人 |
[39:07] | She’s been moving Roderick’s money to offshore accounts. | 她把Roderick的钱转移到海外账户 |
[39:10] | Funny thing is you probably don’t even know my name. | 有趣的是 或许你连我的名字都不知道 |
[39:14] | It’s patrice. | 我叫Patrice |
[39:16] | I think she’s planning to kill Marilyn | 我想她的计划是先杀了Marilyn |
[39:17] | and then disappear. | 再人间蒸发 |
[39:18] | Patrice, I beg you. | Patrice 求你了 |
[39:20] | I’m begging you. No! | 求你了 不要 |
[39:22] | Please, no! No! | 求你了 不要 不要 |
[39:28] | It could be going down right now. | 或许她现在正在行动 |
[39:30] | Where the heck is the warrant? | 搜查令呢 |
[39:37] | Help! | 救命 |
[39:38] | What was that? | 救命 那是什么 |
[39:40] | Probable cause! | – 救命 – 闯进去的理由 救命 |
[39:42] | Help! Somebody help! | – 救命 – 不 救命 不要 |
[39:48] | No! | 不要 |
[39:49] | No! | 不要 不要 |
[39:53] | Step away from her now! | 放开她 快 |
[39:54] | – Now! – Okay, okay, okay. | 好的 好的 |
[39:58] | It’s okay. | It’s okay. 没事了 |
[40:04] | How do we tell ’em apart? | 怎么区分她们 |
[40:07] | Say aunt. | 说 阿姨 |
[40:09] | Randy, let’s arrest the one that wasn’t drowning. | Randy 直接逮捕没溺水的那个就好 |
[40:12] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[40:13] | Yeah, that works too. | 是的 是啊 这样也行 |
[40:34] | Honey. Oh. | 亲爱的 |
[40:41] | Hope he has the right sister. | 但愿他没亲错人 |
[40:42] | I can’t look. | 我不能看 |
[40:44] | This is the worst comeuppance ever. | 这真是最糟的报应 |
[40:46] | You lied to me. | 你对我撒谎 |
[40:48] | – About what? – Karma. | – 什么撒谎了 – 命运 |
[40:49] | You’re blaming me for this? | – 你怪我? |
[40:51] | Yes. | – 是的 |
[40:52] | Yes, I am. | 是的 Adrian 谢谢 |
[40:53] | Adrian, hey. | Adrian 谢谢 |
[40:55] | I just want to say thanks. | 我只想说谢谢 |
[40:57] | You saved my family. Mm. | 你救了我的家人 |
[40:59] | Saved my life. | 救了我的命 |
[41:01] | Glad I could help. | 很高兴能帮上忙 |
[41:02] | Oh, yeah, and hey, about this swirly thing. | 嘿 打转转的事 |
[41:05] | No hard feelings, right? | 并不难过 对吧 |
[41:07] | All right. | 好的 |
[41:09] | I’ll see you around. | 再见 |
[41:10] | – Nice to meet you. – Good to meet you. | – 谢谢 – 很高兴见到你 |
[41:12] | What’s a swirly? | 什么是打转转 |
[41:14] | Oh, we used to fool around back in the day. | 小时候放学后 |
[41:16] | You know, horseplay after school. | 我们常常胡闹 |
[41:17] | Mm-hmm. | 他很古怪 很好笑 |
[41:19] | He was a funny kid. | 他很古怪 |
[41:20] | He used to wash his hands, like, ten times a day. | 很好笑 |
[41:23] | Hmm. | 一天洗十次手 |
[41:24] | Listen. Do you hear that? | – 你听到了吧 – 鸟叫吗 |
[41:25] | – What? The birds? – No, no, no, no. | 不是 不啊 |
[41:27] | Not the birds. Don’t you hear that? | 难道你没听到吗 |
[41:30] | The toilet tank refilling. | 马桶箱在充水 |
[41:34] | Toilet tank of life. | – 一辈子的马桶箱 – 好了 走吧 |
[41:36] | Come on, Mr. Monk. I’ll drive you home. | 走吧 Monk先生 我送你回家 |
[41:38] | It’s what Plato called the great cosmic swirly. | 这就是柏拉图说的 无穷无尽的打转转 |
[41:42] | There’s no escaping it. | 逃脱不了 |
[41:44] | – Plato said that? – I’m paraphrasing. | 柏拉图说过这话? |
[41:46] | I think I’m gonna need that shower cap back. | 我是在解释 我又需要浴帽了 |
[41:48] | Okay. | 好的 |