时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:16] | Find everything okay? | 一切都好吧 |
[00:18] | I did. Thank you. | 是的 谢谢 |
[00:20] | You have a beautiful accent. | 你的口音很美 |
[00:22] | Let me guess, Madagascar? | 你的口音很美 我猜猜 是马达加斯加来的? |
[00:24] | Nigeria. | – 尼日利亚 – 尼日利亚 |
[00:25] | Nigeria. | – 尼日利亚 – 尼日利亚 |
[00:32] | Oh, oh, you’re giving me too much here. | 给的太多了 |
[00:34] | Okay, this is a dime. | 好的 |
[00:37] | – This is ten cents. – This is a ten? | 这是一角 这是十美分 |
[00:39] | Mm-hmm. | 这是十? |
[00:40] | And this is five. | 这是五 |
[00:41] | But it is bigger. | 可这个更大啊 |
[00:43] | I will never understand. | 我永远也弄不清楚 |
[00:45] | It’s no problem. | 没关系 |
[00:46] | So do you live around here? | 你住在附近吗 |
[00:48] | No, I am visiting for one week. | 不 我只待一个周 |
[00:50] | Then I’m going home to my husband. | 然后回家 我老公还等着我呢 |
[00:53] | Well, “married” is an interesting word. | 婚姻是个有趣的词 |
[00:55] | It means different things to different people. | 不同的人 婚姻的意义不同 |
[00:58] | To me, it means everything. | 对我来说 婚姻就是一切 |
[01:00] | I was afraid you’d say that. | 没错 |
[01:03] | Well, tell your husband that he is a lucky man. | 转告你老公 他很走运 |
[01:05] | Actually, I’m the lucky one. | 其实走运的人是我 |
[01:08] | Good night. | 晚安 你好 我是Samuel 嘀声后请留言 谢谢 你在吗 我只想告诉你 我爱你 老公 我想你 好想现在就见到你 |
[02:58] | Wait, wait, wait. I’m not finished. | 等等 等等 我还没看完呢 |
[03:04] | – Okay? – Almost. | – 好了吗 – 差不多 |
[03:09] | You done? | 看完了? |
[03:10] | Hold on, Mr. Monk. | 看完了? 等等 Monk先生 抱歉 我看书没你快 |
[03:11] | I’m sorry, I don’t read as fast as you. | 等等 Monk先生 抱歉 我看书没你快 |
[03:13] | Nobody does. | 没人能快过你 |
[03:16] | Okay. | 好了 |
[03:23] | Hold on. | – 等等 – Natalie 你干嘛不自己买一本 |
[03:24] | Natalie, why don’t you buy your own copy? | – 等等 – Natalie 你干嘛不自己买一本 |
[03:27] | There’s a newsstand right down the street. | 街上就有家报亭 |
[03:28] | Actually, Mr. Monk, that is my copy. | Monk先生 这本书就是我买的 |
[03:30] | Okay, fine, take it. Take it, read it. | 好吧 拿去看吧 |
[03:32] | You can finish it when I’m done. | 我看完了你再看 |
[03:33] | Yeah, it’ll be old news by then. | 那时候就是旧闻了 |
[03:35] | We’ll have a new president. | 我们要有位新总统了 |
[03:40] | What? | 怎么了 |
[03:45] | – What? – You smell that? | – 怎么了 – 你闻到了吗 |
[03:47] | – Is that you? – Is what me? | – 是你吗 – 我什么 |
[03:49] | Are you cooking bacon? | 你在做熏肉? |
[03:51] | Does it look like I’m cooking bacon? | 我像在做熏肉的样子吗 |
[03:54] | It’s coming from outside. | 是外面飘进来的 |
[04:00] | I knew it. It’s a hippie. | 我就知道 是个嬉皮士 |
[04:03] | It’s incense. | 一股熏香味 |
[04:04] | He’s burning incense down there. | 他在下面烧香 |
[04:06] | By the way, that’s a perfect name for that stuff | 对了 这个名字真是太棒了 |
[04:08] | because that’s how people react to it. | 因为这确实是人们对熏香的反应 (incense除了熏香之外 还有激怒的含义) |
[04:10] | They get incensed. Get it? | 被激怒了 明白不 |
[04:13] | Incense, incensed. You add the “D.” Forget it. | 被激怒 被激怒 当我没说 |
[04:16] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[04:18] | You can’t sell that stuff without a permit. | 你不能无证卖东西 小心城管~ |
[04:21] | I am not selling anything. | 我什么也没卖 |
[04:23] | Of course you’re not. Nobody wants to buy that junk. | 当然你没卖了 谁会买这种垃圾 |
[04:26] | Find another street. Bye. | 去别处吧 再见 |
[04:29] | Peace and love, and Woodstock. | 安息吧 嬉皮士 |
[04:31] | Woodstock? | – 嬉皮士? – 你知道我的意思 |
[04:32] | You heard me! | – 嬉皮士? – 你知道我的意思 |
[04:37] | How can you not smell that? Maybe we should call the cops. | 你怎么闻不到呢 我们该报警 |
[04:40] | We don’t have to. That was the cops. | 没必要 刚刚来电话的就是警察 |
[04:42] | We have a job. | 我们有工作了 |
[04:44] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[04:45] | Finally be able to breathe. | 总算能喘口气了 |
[04:48] | I can’t breathe. | 我不能呼吸了 |
[04:50] | Open a window. | 快开窗 |
[04:52] | It is open. | 是开着的 |
[04:53] | Why don’t we light some incense? | 是开着的 |
[04:55] | Dr. Zee says she’s been dead 12 days, | 干脆点熏香吧 |
[04:58] | give or take. | Zee医生说死亡时间大致是12天前 |
[04:59] | Her name was Maria Fuentes, 37 years old. | 她叫Maria Fuentes 37岁 |
[05:02] | She was the housekeeper. | 是这儿的管家 |
[05:04] | Those are the owners out there, John and Carolyn Buxton. | 屋主在那边 John和Carolyn Buxton |
[05:07] | They just got back from Barbados. | 他们刚从巴巴多斯岛回来 |
[05:08] | Maria stayed behind. | Maria留下来看家 |
[05:10] | She was supposed to lock up the house. | 她原本该锁好门 |
[05:12] | Excuse me, lieutenant. | 抱歉 |
[05:14] | Randy. | 中尉 |
[05:15] | Do you want some liniment cream? | 给你搽膏吧 |
[05:17] | It’ll kill the smell. | 可以去除异味 |
[05:18] | Nope, I’m fine. It’s not my first crime scene. | 不了 我很好 我可不是第一次出现场啊 |
[05:22] | They got home this morning at about 8:30, | 他们今早大约8点30到家 |
[05:24] | came in from the garage, he saw his cell phone. | 从车库进屋 |
[05:26] | Yeah, Buxton left his cell phone. | 他看见自己的手机 是的 Buxton把手机忘在家了 |
[05:29] | I guess he was on vacation. | 我猜他去度假了 |
[05:31] | So when they came in from the garage, | 所以从车库进屋 |
[05:33] | that’s when the smell hit ’em. | 然后被气味熏到 |
[05:38] | Are you trying to impress that girl? | 你是想博得那姑娘的好感吧 |
[05:40] | What girl? | – 哪个姑娘 – CSI的技术员 |
[05:42] | The CSI tech. | – 哪个姑娘 – CSI的技术员 |
[05:43] | You think that’s a quality she’s looking for in a man? | 你觉得这是她找男朋友的标准吗 |
[05:45] | Do you think she’s saying, | 你觉得她在想 |
[05:47] | “Why can’t I meet an attractive, 30-something nonsmoker | 为什么我就遇不到一个 有魅力 不抽烟的30岁男人呢 |
[05:49] | who’s oblivious to the stench of rotting flesh?” | 面对腐尸的臭味很淡定 |
[05:53] | I honestly have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我真的不知道你在说什么 |
[05:57] | Anyway, he came in, | 他进屋 |
[05:59] | and he practically tripped over the body. | 差点被尸体绊倒 |
[06:02] | Is there anything missing from the house? | 屋里少了什么东西吗 |
[06:04] | – No, they’re saying no. – It might have been personal. | 他们说没有 |
[06:06] | She had a boyfriend, or an ex-boyfriend. | 可能是私人原因 她有男朋友 或前男友 |
[06:09] | He did two months for assault last year. | 去年他打了她两个月 |
[06:11] | She was only hit twice. | 她只被击打了两下 |
[06:12] | Yeah, so not a crime of passion. | 这么说 不是冲动犯罪 |
[06:24] | What do you got? | 有什么发现 |
[06:28] | It’s an earring. One earring. | 耳环 一只耳环 |
[06:30] | She took it off. | 她摘下了 |
[06:32] | Hmm. | 她摘下了 |
[06:34] | And this is a first aid handbook. | 一本急救书 |
[06:37] | Did someone try to treat her? | 有人试图对她实施急救吗 |
[06:39] | I asked the owners. | 我问了屋主 |
[06:41] | That book normally lives on the shelf down below. | 通常书放在下面的架子上 |
[06:44] | It was open like that when they found her. | 他们发现她时 书就这样放着 |
[06:46] | Maybe the killer felt bad, | 或许凶手感到内疚 懊悔 |
[06:48] | like remorse, and tried to help her. | 想要救她 |
[06:50] | There’s blood on the book. | 书上有血 |
[06:52] | But the countertop underneath is clean. | 但书下的台子却是干净的 |
[06:54] | What does that mean? | 这说明什么 |
[06:55] | It means it was already there. | 这说明什么 说明当她被杀时 |
[06:56] | It was already like that when she was killed. | 书已经在这儿了 |
[06:58] | So the killer opened the book | 这么说 |
[07:00] | to the page about head trauma | 凶手在猛击她的头部之前 |
[07:02] | before he hit her over the head? | 把书翻到”头部外伤”一页? |
[07:04] | So it would appear. | 有可能 |
[07:07] | That’s very unusual. | 太奇怪了 |
[07:10] | Are you sure you’re okay? You’re turning green. | 你确定没事吗 你的脸色发绿哦 |
[07:12] | Oh, I’m just hungry… Green with hunger. | 我只是饿了 一饿脸就变绿 |
[07:15] | You’re green with hunger? | 你一饿脸就变绿? |
[07:17] | Yeah, it’s a… | 没错 |
[07:18] | You never heard that before? | 你没听说过吗 |
[07:20] | No, I never have. | 从来没 |
[07:21] | Oh, it’s a very common expression. | 这是一种十分常见的反应 |
[07:24] | I’ve got to… I’ve got to go. | 我…我得走了 |
[07:27] | Somebody called maybe. | 说不定有人打电话 |
[07:37] | Just checking on some evidence. | 只是在检查证据而已 |
[07:39] | Sergeant. | 警官 |
[08:03] | Oh, for the love of crackers. | 午夜笛声述衷肠 |
[08:16] | I should have known. | 我早该知道 |
[08:18] | Do you mind? | 你介意吗 |
[08:20] | It’s 7:45. | 现在是晚上7点45 |
[08:22] | People are trying to sleep. | 大家都要睡了 |
[08:25] | They are? | – 真的? – 没错 |
[08:26] | Yes, they are. | – 真的? – 没错 |
[08:28] | So cut out the jam session. | 演奏会就此结束吧 |
[08:30] | This is not the Fillmore West, | 这儿不是摇滚乐迷的集会地 |
[08:32] | and you are not Louis Armstrong. | 你也不是Louis Armstrong (爵士音乐大师) |
[08:34] | Okay? | 明白了吧 |
[08:36] | Look, here’s $5. | 明白了吧 |
[08:38] | All right? | 给你5块 总行了吧 |
[08:39] | Go to the park and buy yourself a drink. | 去公园 买点喝的 |
[08:42] | I’m sorry, but I cannot leave. | 抱歉 我不能离开 |
[08:45] | Sure you can. I’ll help you. | 你当然能 我来帮你 |
[08:46] | You do not understand. | 你不明白 |
[08:48] | I cannot leave this corner. | 我不能离开这个街角 |
[08:49] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[08:51] | My wife was killed here. | 我的妻子在这儿遇害 |
[08:59] | Your wife? | 你妻子? |
[09:03] | Two weeks ago | 两周前 |
[09:06] | on this corner. | 就在这儿 |
[09:10] | This is sacred ground. | 我在这儿祭奠她 |
[09:20] | Here we are. | 进来吧 |
[09:23] | Please, make yourself comfortable. | 请 请自便 |
[09:30] | I have some juice. | 我有果汁 |
[09:32] | I’m very happy for you. | 那你很幸福 |
[09:33] | No, no, no, no. I’m offering you some juice. | 不 不 我是要给你一杯果汁 |
[09:37] | Would you like some juice? | 你喜欢果汁吗 |
[09:39] | Oh, I’m sorry. Thank you. | 抱歉 谢谢 |
[09:49] | I don’t know your name. | 我还不知道你叫什么 |
[09:51] | Monk. | |
[09:54] | Adrian. | |
[09:56] | Adrian. | |
[09:58] | What does it mean? | 是什么意思呢 |
[10:00] | It means nobody picks you for their softball team | 意思是七年级时没人选你加入垒球队 |
[10:02] | in seventh grade. | |
[10:04] | I am Samuel Waingaya. | 我叫Samuel Waingaya |
[10:09] | Tell me about her. | 跟我说说她 |
[10:12] | Here, sit down. | 来 坐吧 |
[10:13] | Her name was Ansara. | 她叫Ansara |
[10:16] | It means sunflower. | 向日葵的意思 |
[10:18] | That is what she was. | 她人如其名 |
[10:19] | She was a school teacher. | 是老师 |
[10:21] | This is why she was here… | 所以她来这儿 |
[10:23] | a teaching conference, | 两周前在旧金山有个教学会议 |
[10:24] | two weeks in San Francisco. | |
[10:27] | She was so excited. | 她非常兴奋 |
[10:29] | What happened? | 出了什么事 |
[10:31] | I don’t know exactly, | 具体我也不知道 |
[10:33] | but she was at the grocery store | 她在街上的杂货店买食物 |
[10:34] | down the street buying food, | |
[10:37] | and a vehicle, I think a van, | 一辆车 我认为是货车 |
[10:39] | drove through a red light. | 闯红灯 |
[10:42] | It kept going. | 没有停车 |
[10:44] | Ah, a hit-and-run. | 肇事逃逸 |
[10:45] | I remember reading about that. | 我记得看过 |
[10:47] | I was out of town when it happened. | 当时我出城了 |
[10:50] | But it was in all the newspapers when I got back. | 我回来时 报纸上全是这条消息 |
[10:55] | How do they know it was a van? | 他们怎么知道是货车呢 |
[10:57] | They don’t, but I do. | 他们不知道 是我自己的想法 |
[10:59] | I saw the tire tracks on the street. | 我见到了街上的轮胎印 |
[11:01] | They were still there when I got here. | 我到现场的时候还有轮胎印 |
[11:03] | I know something about cars. I’m a mechanic back home. | 我对车有些了解 我在我们国内是个技工 |
[11:13] | They were in the road. | 这是在街上找到的 |
[11:15] | They are from a headlamp. | 是从前灯上掉下的 |
[11:16] | Have you been to the police? | 你告诉警察了吗 |
[11:19] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:20] | They are doing all they can. | 他们正全力调查 |
[11:23] | That is what they say. | 他们就是这么说的 |
[11:26] | And you made these? | 你做的? |
[11:29] | “Reward for information. 12,000 naira.” | “提供线索者 赏金12000奈拉” (尼日利亚的货币单位) |
[11:32] | That’s very generous. | 好大一笔钱啊 |
[11:35] | Not really. | 其实也没多少 |
[11:37] | It is $85. | 也就85美元 |
[11:42] | I am not a rich man like you. | 我可不像你 是个有钱人 |
[11:44] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:50] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. | 怎么了 |
[11:51] | What, what, what, what, what is this? | 你在干什么 |
[11:53] | – What are you doing? – Oh, I’m so sorry. | 不好意思 |
[11:55] | It’s so rude of me. Please, would you like one? | 我太失礼了 你要来一根吗 |
[11:58] | No, no, no thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[12:00] | But do you… do you have to… | 你非抽不可吗 |
[12:04] | it calms my nerves. | 抽烟让我平静 |
[12:06] | You did say for me to make myself at home. | 你不是说让我自便吗 |
[12:08] | Did I misunderstand? | 难道是我理解错了? |
[12:10] | No, no. | 不是 好的 等等 |
[12:11] | Okay, wait a minute. Hold on. | 好的 等等 |
[12:22] | Here. | 给 |
[12:25] | Breathe it into this. Okay? | 把烟圈吐在里面 |
[12:29] | See? | 瞧见了吧 |
[12:37] | There you go. | 好了 |
[12:39] | And there you are. | 给你 |
[12:43] | I love it. | 我喜欢这个 |
[12:46] | It’s ingenious. | 你太有才了 |
[12:48] | – What do you call it? – A smoking bag. | 这个叫什么 抽烟袋 |
[12:51] | I’ve never heard of such a thing. | 我从没听说过 是新产品吧 |
[12:53] | – Is it new? – Yes, it’s brand-new. | 是的 非常新 |
[12:57] | This would be very popular in Nigeria. | 这在尼日利亚肯定大卖 |
[13:00] | Right, right. | 没错 |
[13:02] | Here you go. | 给 |
[13:12] | I am sorry to wake you, Adrian Monk. | 抱歉吵醒你了 Adrian Monk |
[13:16] | It will not happen again. | 不会有下次了 |
[13:19] | Thank you for the juice. | 谢谢你的果汁 |
[13:23] | Yeah, Samuel, don’t go. | Samuel 别走 |
[13:26] | Um, I’m… | 我… |
[13:28] | I’m a police detective. | 我是侦探 |
[13:30] | I’m… I’m very good at it. | 我对破案很在行 |
[13:33] | I’m sure you are. | 我相信 |
[13:36] | Here’s the thing. | 事情是这样的 |
[13:37] | I want to help you. | 我想帮你 |
[13:39] | I… I… I… I’m going to help you. | 我…我…我 我会帮助你 |
[13:44] | We’re gonna find the man who killed your wife. | 我们会找到杀害你妻子的罪魁祸首 |
[13:46] | You want to help me? | 你要帮我? |
[13:49] | But I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[14:41] | Wow. It’s just like in the movies. | 和电影里真像啊 |
[14:44] | You’ve never been here? | 你没来过? 你不是说和警察谈过吗 |
[14:45] | You said you spoke to the police. | 你没来过? 你不是说和警察谈过吗 |
[14:47] | Downstairs, just for ten minutes only. | 在楼下 就说了十分钟 |
[14:49] | They said that they would call me. | 他们说有消息会通知我 |
[14:51] | Two weeks. | 可两个周了 |
[14:53] | No calls. | |
[14:54] | No hope. | 没有电话 没有希望 |
[14:56] | Until now. | 直到现在 |
[14:58] | Do you drink coffee? | 你喝咖啡吗 |
[14:59] | I love coffee. | 我喜欢咖啡 |
[15:01] | Then you’re gonna hate this. | 那你肯定会讨厌这个 |
[15:05] | What? | |
[15:07] | What you said about the coffee. | 你笑什么 你说咖啡的事 |
[15:12] | It was very funny. | 好好笑哦 |
[15:13] | Am I that funny? | – 我很有趣吗 – 不 |
[15:15] | No. | – 我很有趣吗 – 不 |
[15:16] | Hey, here it is. | 嘿 |
[15:18] | Technically, you shouldn’t be seeing this. | 严格说来 你不能看这个 |
[15:20] | This is from a gas station surveillance camera. | 这是一家加油站的监控录像 |
[15:23] | It’s about a minute after the accident, | 事故前大约一分钟 |
[15:27] | half a mile east. | 东面半英里 |
[15:30] | Excuse me, Captain Stottlemeyer. | 抱歉 Stottlemeyer上尉 |
[15:32] | It was not an accident. | 这不是事故 |
[15:33] | When he hit her, that was an accident. | 他撞上她 这是事故 |
[15:36] | Driving away and leaving her there, | 开车逃离 弃她不顾 |
[15:39] | that was murder. | 这是谋杀 |
[15:40] | I appreciate that, Mr. Waingaya. | 我很抱歉 |
[15:42] | That’s why we’re here. | Waingaya先生 所以我们正在调查 |
[15:43] | Oh, here it is. | 哦 |
[15:45] | 8:17:02. | 就是这儿 |
[15:47] | There. We think that’s the guy. | 我们认为就是这个人 |
[15:49] | He’s moving pretty quick, and he’s missing a headlamp. | 他迅速逃离 一只车前灯损坏 |
[15:52] | You were right. It’s a van. | 你说得对 确实是货车 |
[15:58] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[16:00] | You do not want to know. | 你不会想知道的 |
[16:03] | Adrian Monk knows. | Adrian Monk知道 |
[16:05] | What about the headlight? Can we trace it? | 能追查前灯吗 |
[16:07] | We’ve got Sergeant Kramer’s report right here. | 已经收到了Kramer警官的报告 |
[16:08] | He already tried. | 他查过了 |
[16:10] | Every garage within ten miles, nothing turned up. | 他查过了 方圆十英里的每个车库 一无所获 |
[16:12] | Mr. Waingaya, the case is open. | Waingaya先生 案子还在调查 |
[16:16] | Sergeant Kramer’s a good guy. He’s gonna do his best. | Kramer是个好警察 他会尽力而为的 |
[16:18] | But cases like this are very, very hard to solve. | 可是破获这种案子 难度很大 |
[16:22] | Do you understand? | 你明白吗 |
[16:24] | You can’t ask for miracles. | 不能希望有奇迹 |
[16:26] | Ansara used to say, “Miracles happen every day. | Ansara常说 每天都有奇迹发生 |
[16:30] | You just have to know where to look.” | 只需找到奇迹发生的地点 |
[16:34] | Excuse me, there’s no smoking in the building. | 抱歉 楼里禁止抽烟 |
[16:37] | It’s okay, Lieutenant Disher, | 没关系 Disher中尉 |
[16:39] | I know the routine. I brought my smoking bag. | 我知道规矩 我带了袋子 |
[16:42] | Smoking bag? | 你的抽烟袋? |
[16:44] | He’s trying to quit. He’s down to two bags a day. | 他在戒烟 一天只用两只袋子 |
[16:53] | Did you hear that? | 你听见了吧 |
[16:54] | She said two bags instead of two packs. | 她说的是两个袋子 |
[17:01] | Oh. | 而不是两袋袋子 |
[17:03] | Thank you so much, Natalie Teeger, | 太谢谢你了 Natalie Teeger |
[17:05] | for teaching me how to laugh again. | 你教会了我如何再次欢笑 |
[17:08] | You know, there’s a smoking section down at the end of the hall. | 下面大厅边上有抽烟区 |
[17:11] | Natalie, Randy, why don’t you take Mr. Waingaya and his bag… | 你们带Waingaya先生和他的袋子去… |
[17:14] | We don’t have a smoking area. | 我们这儿没有抽烟区啊 |
[17:16] | Just go to the conference room and open a window. | 直接去会议室 开窗就好 |
[17:18] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[17:20] | Mr. Waingaya, if you’ll follow me. | 是的 长官 Waingaya先生 跟我来 |
[17:21] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:23] | Two bags, it’s very funny. | 两个袋子 好好笑啊 |
[17:27] | – Where is “picture go regular”? – What are you doing? | 画面正常是哪个键 你干嘛 |
[17:31] | Well, I might have missed something. | 我可能漏掉了什么 |
[17:32] | No, no, no, I’m talking about your friend Samuel. | 不 我说的是你朋友 Samuel |
[17:35] | What are you doing getting his hopes up like that? | 你为什么让他心怀希望 |
[17:38] | You and I both know the odds against solving | 两周前的肇事逃逸案 |
[17:40] | a two-week-old hit-and-run with virtually no evidence. | 没有证据 |
[17:42] | Monk, it’s 1,000 to 1, probably worse. | 你们很清楚 这种案子的破获率 Monk 只有千分之一 或许还不到 |
[17:46] | Now this case, | 这个案子 |
[17:47] | Maria Fuentes, the murdered housekeeper, | Maria Fuentes 遇害的管家 |
[17:50] | this case… this case is fresh. | 这个案子是新的 |
[17:52] | It’s piping hot. It’s solvable if we act fast. | 还冒着热气呢 如果我们动作快点 能够破案 |
[17:55] | Randy and I are going back to the house. | Randy和我要再去案发现场 |
[17:56] | We’re gonna walk the property, talk to the neighbors. | 询问邻居 |
[17:58] | I can’t help you. I’m sorry. | 我帮不了你 对不起 |
[18:00] | I’m working with Samuel. | 这次我要和Samuel一起 |
[18:02] | You’re working with Samuel? | 你要和Samuel一起l? |
[18:04] | He lost his wife, Leland. | 他失去了妻子 Leland |
[18:06] | They ran Trudy over and just kept on driving. | 他们撞倒了Trudy 然后径直开过去 |
[18:11] | You mean Ansara. | 你说的是Ansara |
[18:15] | Trudy was your wife. | Trudy是你的妻子 |
[18:20] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[18:21] | Picture go back. Make picture go back. | 画面回去 快让画面回去 |
[18:24] | All right, all right. | 好的 |
[18:26] | There you go. | 就这样 |
[18:30] | Picture go regular. | 画面正常 |
[18:34] | Is that the same van? | 是同一辆货车? |
[18:39] | He turned around. | 他掉头了 |
[18:45] | The surveillance camera is there. | 摄像头在那儿 |
[18:48] | He was driving west. He was getting away. | 他朝西逃离 |
[18:52] | Then he turned around. | 然后掉头 |
[18:53] | Why would he turn around? | 他为什么掉头呢 |
[18:56] | Guilt. | – 内疚 – 不是 他并没有回来救我妻子 |
[18:57] | No, he did not come back to help my wife | – 内疚 – 不是 他并没有回来救我妻子 |
[18:59] | or call a doctor. | 也没有叫医生 |
[19:01] | There was no guilt. | 他没有内疚 |
[19:02] | Excuse me. How are you guys doing? | 打扰了 你们怎么样 |
[19:05] | We’re living the dream, man. | 正发白日梦 追求梦想呢 |
[19:06] | Great. | 很好 |
[19:07] | Are you guys here a lot, drinking beer? | 很好 你们常在这儿喝啤酒吗 |
[19:10] | Hanging out? Slacking, you know, off? | 在外面无事闲逛 偷懒 |
[19:14] | Slacking off? Are you a cop? | 偷懒? |
[19:16] | Not technically. It’s a long story. | – 你是警察吗 – 严格说来不是 说来话长 |
[19:19] | Hey, we got time. And we love stories. | 我们有的是时间 就喜欢听故事 |
[19:21] | Well, I was suffering from what the doctors called | 那好吧 |
[19:24] | a psychotic break… | 我患上了医生所说的精神崩溃… |
[19:25] | – Mr. Monk, they don’t care. – No. | – Monk 他们不在乎 – 不 |
[19:27] | Okay, there was a hit-and-run two weeks ago on Pine Street. | 两周前在Pine街上 发生了一起肇事逃逸案 |
[19:29] | Did you hear anything about it? | 你们听说了吗 |
[19:31] | It was on the 17th, a Tuesday night. | 就在17号 周二晚上 |
[19:33] | Please try to remember. | 请好好想想 |
[19:36] | Were you guys here that night | 那晚大约8点15 |
[19:37] | around 8:15? | 你们在这儿吗 |
[19:40] | Probably. | 可能吧 |
[19:42] | Do you remember seeing a van with a broken headlight? | 记得是否见过一辆前灯坏掉的货车吗 |
[19:46] | He was going that way. | 他向那边开去 |
[19:48] | He must have been doing about 80. | 大约80码 |
[19:49] | Wait, yeah, yeah. | 等等 是的 我想起来了 |
[19:52] | Dude, they won’t let us use the bathroom here, right? | 他们不让我们用卫生间 |
[19:54] | So I had to cross the street and use the one at that diner. | 所以我去对街的小饭馆里上厕所 |
[19:56] | And some dude in a van almost hit me. | 有辆货车差点撞上我 |
[19:58] | Do you remember this? | 你记得吗 |
[20:00] | There’s a bathroom at that diner? | 小饭馆里有厕所? |
[20:03] | I will never forget it, | 我永远也忘不掉 |
[20:04] | even if I live to be, like, as old as you, man. | 就算老到你这个岁数也不会 |
[20:06] | 30 seconds later, same guy, same van, | 30秒后 同一个人 同一辆车 |
[20:09] | flips a u-ey, almost hits me again. | 掉头往回开 差点撞到我 |
[20:12] | Did you see his face? Did you see the driver? | 看见他的脸了吗 看见司机了吗 |
[20:14] | Nah, he was, like, hunched over | 没 他弓着背 |
[20:16] | like he was on his cell phone or something. | 好像在打手机 |
[20:18] | Cell phone. | 手机 |
[20:20] | He was headed into the tunnel. | 前面是隧道 |
[20:23] | That’s why he turned around. | 所以他才掉头 |
[20:25] | He didn’t want the call to be interrupted. | 他不想手机没信号 |
[20:28] | What about the van? What color was it? | 车呢 是什么颜色 |
[20:30] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[20:33] | Well, do you remember anything else? | 你还记得其他事吗 |
[20:38] | I have a dentist appointment tomorrow. | 明天我要去看牙医 |
[20:40] | About the van. | 我说的是车 |
[20:42] | You know what, I think it was, like, | 我觉得它就像 |
[20:44] | an exterminator van or something. | – 一辆灭虫车 |
[20:45] | Exterminator. | – 灭虫车 |
[20:47] | Yeah, because I looked up and it had these big letters on it. | 因为我看到车身上写着大大的”有毒” |
[20:49] | It said “poison.” | |
[20:51] | Poison. | 有毒 |
[20:52] | Yeah, I remember looking right at it and saying, | 我记得自己直直地盯着看 |
[20:54] | “Poison?” | 嘴里念叨着”有毒”? |
[21:01] | Okay, this is how we do our laundry | 好的 |
[21:04] | in America. | 这是美国式洗衣法 |
[21:06] | These are your whites. | 灰常白的衣服 |
[21:07] | My whites, excellent. | 我的白衣服 很好 |
[21:09] | Your off-whites. | 灰白的衣服 |
[21:12] | Your off-off-whites. | 灰常不白的衣服 |
[21:14] | These are the primary colors… | 这些衣服的原色是 |
[21:16] | Red, | 红色 |
[21:17] | yellow, | 黄色 |
[21:18] | green, | 绿色 |
[21:20] | blue, | 蓝色 |
[21:21] | and that’s indigo. | 靛青 |
[21:22] | Left socks, right socks. | 左脚袜子 右脚袜子 |
[21:25] | I’ve labeled them for you. | 我为你贴上标签了 |
[21:26] | But in Nigeria, we just wash all of our socks together. | 在尼日利亚 我们直接把袜子扔在一起洗 |
[21:30] | Well, I don’t like to judge people, | 我不喜欢评价别人 |
[21:32] | but that’s wrong. | 不过这样做是错的 |
[21:34] | So you mean you separate everything? | 你把所有东西都分开? |
[21:36] | But how much is that going to cost? | 那得花多少钱啊 |
[21:38] | $200. | 200块 |
[21:40] | But I’ve been watching the “Friends” on TV for years. | 我看了好几年的”老友记” |
[21:43] | This is not how they do it. | 他们可不是这么干的 |
[21:44] | What friends? | 什么老友 |
[21:45] | You know, the TV show “Friends…” | 什么老友 |
[21:47] | Lisa Kudrow? Jennifer Aniston? | 电视剧啊 老友记 |
[21:49] | Yeah, oh, we don’t get the African TV here. | 我们这儿收不到非洲电视 |
[21:53] | I’ve been looking at trucks in the street. | 我在街上见了好多卡车 |
[21:55] | None of them say “poison.” | 没一辆上写着”有毒” |
[21:57] | Yeah, I know. It doesn’t make sense. | 我知道 这不合道理 |
[22:00] | Exterminator vans usually say “pest control” | 灭虫车通常的标志是 |
[22:03] | or something like that. | “害虫治理”之类的 |
[22:06] | I can’t figure it out, but I will. | 我想不明白 不过会弄清楚的 |
[22:09] | I know you will. | 我知道你会 |
[22:12] | Excuse me, are you using all the machines? | 打扰了 所有洗衣机你都要用吗 |
[22:15] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[22:17] | But they’re empty. | 可洗衣机里都是空的 |
[22:19] | That is the pre-wash cleansing cycle. | 这是预洗洗衣程序 |
[22:21] | The pre-wash what? | 预洗什么 |
[22:23] | The cleansing cycle. | 洗衣程序 |
[22:24] | If you are going to live here, | 你要住在这儿 |
[22:26] | you should learn some of the customs. | 就得入乡随俗 |
[22:31] | Did you see that, with the finger? | 你看到了吗 她竖起那个指头 |
[22:34] | What does that mean? | 那是啥意思 |
[22:35] | That means “we’re number one.” | 意思是”我们是第一” |
[22:37] | And we should hurry. Adrian Monk, | 快点 |
[22:44] | he’s not an exterminator. | 他不是灭虫的 |
[22:46] | – He’s not? – He works at a restaurant. | – 他不是? – 他在餐厅工作 |
[22:48] | A French restaurant. The boy made a mistake. | 法国菜餐厅 那小子搞错了 |
[22:51] | The truck did not say “poison.” | 卡车上的字不是”有毒” |
[22:53] | It said “poisson.” | 而是”poisson” |
[22:58] | Poisson. | |
[23:00] | Fish. | 就是鱼的意思 |
[23:01] | Very good. | 干得好 Samuel |
[23:03] | Good work, Samuel. | 干得好 Samuel |
[23:06] | We are gonna get this man. | 这家伙跑不掉了 |
[23:07] | And he is going to pay for what he did to us. | 他对我们的所作所为 他会付出代价的 |
[23:11] | To us? | 我们? |
[23:12] | I mean to you. What he did to you. | 是你 |
[23:29] | Adrian Monk, | 对你的所作所为 |
[23:31] | this is the van. | 就是这辆车 |
[23:33] | We can’t just say that. | 口说无凭 |
[23:35] | We have to be sure. | 得证实 |
[23:38] | I am sure. Look at this light. | 我很肯定 看这个前灯 |
[23:44] | It doesn’t look new. | 不像新的 |
[23:46] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[23:47] | He is diabolical. | 他这个坏蛋 |
[23:49] | He has replaced the broken headlight with an old headlight, not a new one. | 前灯坏了 他也没换盏新的 |
[23:53] | It’s been repainted, see? | 居然换了盏旧的 是重新上的漆 看到了吧 |
[23:55] | Maybe. | 可能 |
[23:57] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[24:08] | What is it? | 那是什么 |
[24:30] | Rice. | 米粒 Ansara死的那晚买了食物 |
[24:31] | Ansara was buying food the night she died. | 米粒 Ansara死的那晚买了食物 |
[24:33] | She bought rice. I saw the sales receipt. | 她买了米饭 我看到了小票 |
[24:35] | We have to bring this to the police. | 得把这个交给警察 |
[24:37] | What? | 怎么了 |
[24:39] | I need a bag. | – 我要袋子 – 什么 |
[24:53] | This is the third bowl you chipped this week. | 这周你弄坏了三个碗 |
[24:55] | I don’t want to hear your excuses. | 我不想听你的理由 |
[24:56] | I’ve been warning you for a month. | 我提醒了你一个月 |
[24:58] | Mr. Nichols, please, I’ll pay for the bowl. | Nichols先生 拜托了 我会赔的 |
[25:00] | You can take it out of my pay. Just tell me what it’s worth. | 从我薪水里扣吧 这值多少钱 |
[25:02] | It’s worth a hell of a lot more than you. | 比你值钱多了 |
[25:04] | Adios. You’re fired. | 拜拜 你被炒了 |
[25:06] | You can pick up your check on Friday. | 周五你会收到支票 |
[25:11] | Hey, hey, hey, hey. | 嘿 嘿 嘿 |
[25:13] | The apron. | 围裙 |
[25:24] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[25:28] | “He is the guy.” | 就是这家伙 |
[25:45] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[25:48] | Beautiful. | 真漂亮啊 |
[25:50] | That’s where she was killed. | 她就是在这儿死的 |
[25:52] | Uh-huh. | 可连墓碑都没有 |
[25:53] | But there’s no marker. | 可连墓碑都没有 |
[25:56] | It seems like there should be a plaque or something. | 这儿应该有一个铭碑 |
[26:01] | Monk… | |
[26:04] | She is not Trudy. | 她不是Trudy |
[26:08] | I spoke to Natalie. She’s worried about you. | 我和Natalie谈过了 她很担心你 |
[26:10] | Yeah, well, I’m worried about Natalie. | 我也很担心Natalie |
[26:12] | Shut up. Let me talk. | 闭嘴 听我说 |
[26:14] | You and I both know what’s going on here. | 我们都清楚发生了什么 |
[26:16] | You’re frustrated. | 你对Trudy的案子调查受挫 |
[26:18] | It’s been 12 years since Trudy. | Trudy的事过去12年了 |
[26:19] | You’re getting your wires crossed. | 你把两个案子混为一谈 |
[26:21] | We haven’t been able to solve her murder, | 我们破不了她的案 |
[26:22] | so you’re fixating on this case, on this woman. | 所以你把注意力转移到这个案子 这个女人身上 |
[26:25] | I’m not fixating. | 我没有转移注意力 |
[26:26] | There’s got to be six dozen flowers here. | 应该是6打花啊 |
[26:31] | Natalie says you’ve missed two appointments with Dr. Bell, | Natalie说两次和Bell医生的见面你都没去 |
[26:33] | and you’re not eating. | 也不吃东西 |
[26:35] | I’m not hungry. | 我不饿 |
[26:36] | She also said that… | 她还说… |
[26:38] | That you and your friend Samuel have a suspect. | 你和你朋友Samuel找到了嫌疑人 |
[26:40] | Kenneth Nichols. | |
[26:42] | And you’re planning to go undercover | 你打算去他的餐厅卧底 |
[26:43] | in his restaurant to get closer to him? | 以此接近他? |
[26:47] | “He’s the guy.” | 就是这家伙 |
[26:50] | Okay, um… | 好的 |
[26:53] | You don’t happen to have any, | 你不会已经有… |
[26:55] | oh, I don’t know, say, evidence? | 证据了吧 |
[26:57] | He has a record… drunk driving. | 他有前科 酒后驾车 |
[26:59] | And we found some rice on the van. | 我们在车上发现米粒 |
[27:03] | Some rice? | 米粒? |
[27:05] | Well, doesn’t he own a restaurant? | 他不是开餐厅的吗 |
[27:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[27:10] | Well, it’s not exactly a smoking gun, is it? | 这可算不上铁证呀 |
[27:14] | I mean, there’s rice all over this town. | 哪儿没有米饭啊 |
[27:15] | It’s the San Francisco treat. | 这是旧金山的招牌菜 (一种米饭和意大利面混合的食品) |
[27:19] | All right, | 好吧 |
[27:21] | I’ll check the guy out. | 我会查这家伙 |
[27:22] | I’m on it. I promise. | 我这就去 我保证 |
[27:24] | But you, you need to step back, buddy. | 伙计 这事你别插手了 |
[27:26] | Okay, I was there 12 years ago. | 12年前我亲眼看见 |
[27:28] | It ate you up. | 你饱受折磨 |
[27:29] | You were crippled. You could not leave your room. | 深受打击 大门不出 |
[27:33] | I won’t allow that to happen again. | 我不允许再发生这样的事 |
[27:36] | So promise me | 答应我 |
[27:38] | that you’ll think hard, | 在做蠢事之前 |
[27:40] | long and hard before you do anything stupid. | 一定要三思 |
[27:46] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[27:48] | Good. | 好的 |
[27:49] | Have a good day. | 今天愉快 |
[28:06] | Looks good. | – 不错 |
[28:07] | What is that? Is that a speck? | – 那是什么 好像是个小点儿 |
[28:09] | We better make sure. | 最好确定 |
[28:11] | I need a plate. Where are the plates? | 我要盘子 盘子呢 |
[28:13] | What have you been doing? | 你俩干嘛呢 |
[28:14] | Well, we did this fork and this knife. | 我们在洗这把刀和这把叉子 |
[28:18] | We’ve been washing them American style. | 用美国式清洗法 |
[28:21] | What the hell does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[28:24] | What about the potatoes? | 土豆怎么样了 |
[28:25] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 是的 |
[28:29] | What did you do? | 你干嘛了 |
[28:31] | You were just supposed to peel them. | 只需要去皮就好 |
[28:33] | They look like dice. | 这好像骰子呀 |
[28:36] | American style. | 美国式 |
[28:37] | American style. | 那是美国式 |
[28:38] | Why do you keep saying that? That doesn’t make any sense. | 什么意思 狗屁不通 |
[28:41] | Is there a problem here? | 出问题了吗 |
[28:42] | No, sir. | 没有 先生 |
[28:44] | These are the new dishwashers. | 他们俩是新来的洗碗工 |
[28:45] | Monsieur Adrian and Monsieur Samuel. | Adrian先生 Samuel先生 |
[28:47] | I was just showing them the ropes. | 我在教他们呢 |
[28:49] | Well, they can’t be any worse than the two clowns we just fired. | 他们不会比刚刚被炒的那两个傻瓜更笨吧 |
[28:54] | Well, I stand corrected. | 我说错了 |
[28:56] | That’s coming out of your pay. | 从你工钱里扣 |
[28:58] | Listen, I just did a fish run. | 刚到了一批鱼 |
[28:59] | When they’re done here, I want you to have them unload the van. | 这儿的活干完了 让他们去卸货 |
[29:01] | Will do. | 好的 有事去酒吧找我 |
[29:03] | I’ll be at the bar if you need me. | 有事去酒吧找我 |
[29:05] | Please don’t need me. | 别找我 |
[29:07] | You heard the man. Retournez travaille. | 你们也听见了 |
[29:09] | Get back to work! | 快工作 下午4点 菜市场 |
[29:23] | Adrian Monk. | Adrian Monk. Adrian Monk |
[29:27] | Tuesday the 17th, the farmers’ market. | 17号 周二 菜市场 |
[29:30] | Oh, Kenneth picks up fish and produce every week, | Kenneth每周都去买鱼和农产品 |
[29:32] | if he’s sober enough. | 如果他还清醒的话 |
[29:35] | And where is the farmers’ market? | 菜市场在哪儿 |
[29:36] | Uh, Vinton Street, near the wharf. | Vinton街 离码头不远 |
[29:39] | How far is that from where… | 多远 |
[29:41] | It’s close, maybe five blocks. | 很近 大约5个街区 |
[29:43] | Then the puzzle is complete. | 真相大白了 |
[29:44] | He was driving back from the farmers’ market. | 他开车从菜市场回来 |
[29:46] | He’s obviously an alcoholic. | 他是个酒鬼 当时喝醉了 |
[29:48] | He had been drinking, and he ran a red light. | – 于是闯红灯 – 可能 |
[29:50] | – Maybe, maybe. – No, not maybe. | 不是可能 而是事实 |
[29:51] | – Yes, this is what happened. – There’s no proof. | 没有证据 |
[29:54] | Samuel, we need evidence. | Samuel 我们需要证据 |
[30:00] | When we prove it, if we prove it, | 一旦我们有了证据 |
[30:04] | and you want to… | 你想… |
[30:06] | do something to him, | 给他点颜色看看 |
[30:10] | I’ll help you. | 我会帮你的 |
[30:12] | Why would you do this for me? | 你为什么帮我 |
[30:14] | You didn’t even know her. | 你连她都不认识 |
[30:16] | Of course I knew her. | 我当然认识她 |
[30:17] | We were married for seven years. | 我们结婚七年了 |
[30:24] | What are they doing here? | 他们在这儿干嘛 |
[30:27] | Who? | 谁 John和Carolyn Buxton 我才去过他们家 |
[30:28] | John and Carolyn Buxton. | John和Carolyn |
[30:30] | I was just at their house. | Buxton 我才去过他们家 |
[30:31] | Their maid was killed two weeks ago. | 他家的管家两周前被杀了 |
[30:34] | Adrian Monk, what is going on? | Adrian Monk 究竟怎么回事 |
[30:38] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[30:46] | She was on the phone. | 她当时在打电话 |
[30:48] | Who was on the phone? | – 谁在打电话 – 管家 |
[30:49] | The maid. | 管家 那个被杀的女仆 |
[30:50] | The… The woman who was killed. | 管家 那个被杀的女仆 |
[30:52] | That’s why she removed her earring. | 所以她摘下耳环 |
[30:56] | Hello, my name is Adrian. I’ll be your server. | 你们好 我叫Adrian 很高兴为你们服务 |
[30:59] | I have your soup. | 这是您的汤 |
[31:02] | Uh, we haven’t ordered yet. | 我们没点啊 |
[31:06] | I just assumed you wanted soup. Was I right? | 我猜你想要汤 猜对了吗 |
[31:09] | And for the lady, tiramisu. | 这是给女士的 提拉米苏蛋糕 |
[31:12] | Dessert? | – 甜点? |
[31:13] | Why wait until the last minute? | – 何需等到最后才上呢 |
[31:15] | I understand you’re friends of my employer, Mr. Nichols. | 我了解你们的朋友 我的老板Nichols先生 |
[31:18] | Yes, we’ve known Kenneth for years. Why? | 没错 我们认识Kenneth好几年了 怎么了 |
[31:22] | Have we met? | 我们见过吗 没 我是新来的 |
[31:23] | No, no. I’m new here. | 没 我是新来的 |
[31:25] | I’m sorry to hear about your housekeeper. | 我听说了你管家的事 很遗憾 |
[31:27] | Someone mentioned that she was killed recently. | 有人说她最近被杀了 |
[31:30] | She was bludgeoned the death. | 她被棒击致死 对吧 |
[31:32] | Is that right? More coffee? | 来点咖啡? |
[31:34] | Wait a minute, I do know you. | 等等 我认识你 |
[31:36] | He was there. He’s with the police. | 他和警察一起来过 |
[31:38] | Are you a detective? | 你是侦探吗 |
[31:40] | Actually, um, I’m moonlighting. | 其实我在这儿兼职 |
[31:43] | As a waiter? | 做服务生? |
[31:44] | Well, uh… | 这个嘛… |
[31:46] | You know our motto, | 你知道警察的格言 |
[31:49] | to protect and serve. | 保护人民 服务人民 |
[31:50] | When I’m a cop, I protect. | 做警察时 我保护人民 |
[31:53] | And at night, I serve. | 晚上做服务生时 我服务人民 |
[31:55] | But it’s day. | 现在可是白天呀 |
[31:57] | Exactly. | 没错 我…我一直在想你们家的案子 |
[31:58] | I… I’ve been thinking about your case. | 我…我一直在想你们家的案子 |
[32:01] | The morning you returned from your trip, | 早上你旅行归来 |
[32:04] | you said you found your cell phone. | 你说你发现了你的手机 |
[32:06] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[32:07] | I forgot to take it with me to Barbados. | 我去巴巴多斯岛时忘带了 |
[32:09] | It’s no big deal. | – 这不算什么 |
[32:10] | But when you got home… | – 可是当你回家时… |
[32:12] | It was lying on the kitchen counter. | 手机在厨房地板上 |
[32:14] | What’s this all about? | 这有什么关系吗 |
[32:15] | I’m just tying up loose ends. | 只是弄明白一些零碎的问题 |
[32:17] | How is that tiramisu? | 提拉米苏怎么样 |
[32:18] | It’s good. Delicious. | 很好吃 |
[32:21] | Great. I’ll tell the chef. | 好的 我会告诉厨师的 |
[32:25] | Oh, yes, one more thing. | 哦 还有件事 |
[32:28] | Does Kenneth Nichols have your cell phone number? | Kenneth Nichols有你的号码吗 |
[32:30] | Kenneth? Of course he does. | Kenneth?当然有了 我们一直都有联系 |
[32:32] | We talk all the time. | 特别是到了棒球赛季 |
[32:33] | Especially during baseball season. | 特别是到了棒球赛季 |
[32:35] | They talk after every game. | 每场比赛后 他们都在电话里讨论半天 |
[32:37] | May we see the wine list? | 能看看酒单吗 |
[32:39] | No. | 不行 |
[32:45] | Definitely. | 肯定是那家伙 |
[32:48] | And we can prove it? | – 能证明吗 |
[32:49] | We can’t prove he killed Ansara. | – 不能证明是他杀了Ansara |
[32:50] | But he committed another murder, | 但他还杀了其他人 |
[32:52] | a maid, a housekeeper, the same night. | 同一晚 他还杀了一个管家 |
[32:54] | Where’s the phone? | 电话呢 |
[32:56] | This way. | 这边 |
[33:01] | Who are you calling? | 你打给谁 |
[33:02] | Captain Stottlemeyer. | Stottlemeyer上尉 |
[33:04] | We need a copy of Nichols’ phone bill. | 我们需要Nichols的电话单 |
[33:06] | That’s the smoking gun. | 有了它 他就跑不掉了 |
[33:07] | Actually, this is the smoking gun. | 事实上 有了它 你们现在就跑不掉了 |
[33:15] | Outside, the both of you. | 你们俩都出去 |
[33:16] | I think it’s time for your break. | 你们该休息休息了 |
[33:34] | The smell! I can’t breathe! | 这什么味道啊 我不能呼吸了 |
[33:39] | I can’t get a break. | 我不能呼吸了 |
[33:42] | First the incense, then the dead housekeeper, | 先是熏香 然后是死掉的管家 |
[33:45] | and now this. | 现在又是这个 |
[33:48] | Oh, God it stinks! | 太臭了 |
[33:50] | Oh! | |
[33:53] | It’s like chemical warfare. | 这是赤裸裸的化学战 |
[33:56] | Adrian | Adrian Monk, |
[33:57] | will you please stop talking about the smell? | Monk 你就别再抱怨气味了 |
[34:00] | Sometimes you are like a big, crying infant. | 有时你真像个爱哭的大婴儿 |
[34:03] | We have other problems, Adrian Monk. | 我们现在有其他的麻烦 Adrian Monk |
[34:08] | That’s better. | 现在好些了 |
[34:11] | Can I say something? | 我能说几句吗 |
[34:13] | – Is it about the stink? – No. | – 是关于气味的吗 – 不是 |
[34:16] | Yes! I can’t breathe! | 是的 我不能呼吸了 |
[34:19] | Would you just think of something else. | 你就不能想想其他事吗 |
[34:21] | You said that another woman was killed. What did you mean? | 你说还有一个女人被杀 |
[34:25] | It stinks in here! | – 是什么意思 – 这儿太臭了 |
[34:26] | Adrian Monk, just keep talking. | Adrian Monk 跟我说说 |
[34:30] | Here’s what happened. | 事情是这样的 |
[34:32] | Kenneth Nichols was driving that night. | 那晚Kenneth Nichols驾车 |
[34:35] | He was in this van. | 开的就是这辆车 |
[34:37] | He called his friend John Buxton, | 他打电话给朋友John Buxton |
[34:40] | but Buxton wasn’t there. | 可是Buxton不在 |
[34:42] | He was in Barbados on vacation. | 他去了巴巴多斯岛度假 |
[34:46] | The housekeeper, Maria Fuentes, | 管家Maria |
[34:48] | answered his cell phone. | Fuentes接了电话 |
[34:49] | They talked for a minute. While they were talking… Ansara. | 他们谈了几分钟 |
[34:56] | Trudy. Trudy. Adrian Monk, | 就在通话中… |
[35:03] | what happened next? | 然后呢 |
[35:05] | He hit her and kept driving. | 他撞了她 却开车逃逸 |
[35:07] | Oh, my God, I just hit somebody. | 天啊 我撞人了 |
[35:09] | Maria overheard everything. | Maria听见了 |
[35:12] | At that point… | 就在那时… |
[35:14] | She knew too much. | 她知道得太多了 |
[35:16] | He had to keep her quiet. | 他必须杀人灭口 |
[35:18] | So he kept her on the phone. | 于是他继续和她通话 |
[35:21] | He kept her talking while he drove across town. | 他边开车边和她通话 |
[35:25] | I just pulled over, and she’s hurt pretty bad. | 我停下车 她伤势严重 |
[35:27] | But someone’s called 911, | 有人打了911 |
[35:28] | and an ambulance is on the way. | 救护车正在路上 |
[35:30] | Hold on. I have a book here. | 等等 我有本急救的书 |
[35:37] | Okay, it says to keep her warm | 保持身体温度 |
[35:39] | and keep her head still. Ansara. | 放平头部 |
[36:00] | She was a flower. | 她就像一朵含苞待放的鲜花 |
[36:03] | She was so young. | 她还这么年轻 |
[36:04] | She was just beginning. | 生活才刚刚开始 |
[36:11] | We are turning. | 车转弯了 |
[36:13] | What is happening now? | 怎么了 |
[36:15] | Now he kills us. | 他现在要杀我们 |
[36:17] | Fine with me. | 我无所谓 |
[36:19] | We must go on. | 我无所谓 |
[36:21] | Trudy, Ansara, | 我们一定要活下去 |
[36:23] | they would want us to go on. | 她们要我们活下去 |
[36:26] | They would want us to be strong. | 她们要我们坚强 |
[36:28] | They are here with us now. | 她们就在我们身边 |
[36:31] | Do you not feel it? | 你感觉不到吗 |
[36:33] | Not anymore. | 感觉不到了 |
[36:37] | Well, I am not going to give up. | 我不会放弃的 |
[36:40] | And neither are you. | 你也不能 |
[36:44] | Samuel… | |
[36:47] | this is your final lesson. | 我给你上最后一课 |
[36:50] | This is how we do things | 这是我们美国人的方式 |
[36:53] | in America. | |
[36:57] | We cry a lot. | 我们常常哭泣 |
[36:59] | We confuse our dead wife | 把自己的亡妻 |
[37:02] | with other people’s dead wives. | 和其他人的亡妻搞混 |
[37:07] | And then we give up. | 然后我们放弃 |
[37:14] | We’re stopping. | – 车停了 – 不妙 |
[37:15] | That can’t be good. | – 车停了 – 不妙 |
[37:16] | We’ve got to get these ropes off. | 得把绳子解开 |
[37:20] | God. | 天啊 |
[37:23] | I have an idea. | I have an idea. 我有主意了 |
[37:26] | Can you reach into my pants? | 你够得着我的裤子吗 |
[37:37] | Yes. | 能 |
[37:39] | My cigarette lighter. | 打火机 |
[37:40] | Ah. | 打火机 |
[37:49] | I got it. | I got it. 拿到了 |
[37:50] | – Okay. – I got it. | 拿到了 -好的 -拿到了 |
[37:52] | – Okay. | – Okay. 很好 |
[38:02] | What’s that smell? | 什么味道 |
[38:04] | My flesh, it’s burning. | 我的肉 你在烤肉吧 |
[38:06] | It stinks. | 好臭 |
[38:08] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[38:46] | Look at her! | Look at her! 看着她 |
[38:49] | You son of a bitch. | 你个混蛋 |
[38:50] | Her name was Ansara. | 她叫Ansara |
[38:52] | Say her name. | 念她的名字 |
[38:54] | Say it! | 念啊 |
[38:55] | Say it! | 念啊 |
[38:56] | Ansara. Ansara. | – 念啊 |
[39:03] | And that’s Trudy. | 这是Trudy |
[39:04] | Say her name. | 这是Trudy 念她的名字 |
[39:06] | I didn’t know her. | 念她的名字 – |
[39:07] | Say her name! | 我不认识她 – 念她的名字 |
[39:08] | I never met her. | – 我没见过她 |
[39:10] | Say her name. | – 念她的名字 |
[39:13] | All right. Trudy. | 好的 Trudy |
[39:33] | Here. | – 送给你的临别礼物 – 是什么 |
[39:35] | – Oh, what are these? – A goodbye present. | – 送给你的临别礼物 – 是什么 |
[39:37] | It’s comedy CDs. | 是喜剧片 |
[39:39] | Richard It’s Richard Pryor, Monty Python, | |
[39:41] | Bill Cosby. | Pryor演的 (著名黑人喜剧演员) |
[39:43] | If you think I’m funny, | 如果你觉得我很有趣 这些人会让你笑到不行 |
[39:44] | these guys are gonna rock your world. | 如果你觉得我很有趣 这些人会让你笑到不行 |
[39:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 这几个人我认识 |
[39:47] | But I know these guys, | 谢谢 这几个人我认识 |
[39:48] | and they are not as funny as Natalie Teeger. | 他们可没有Natalie Teeger搞笑哦 |
[39:51] | “Two bags a day.” | 一天两个袋子 |
[39:53] | How do you do it? | |
[39:55] | I don’t know. I’m just funny. | 你怎么想到的 我也不知道 我这人就很搞笑 |
[39:57] | I am. | 我就是这样 |
[40:00] | I guess this is goodbye. | 该告别了 |
[40:01] | There is no such thing. | 不 |
[40:04] | We will meet again, Adrian Monk. | 我们会再见的 Adrian Monk |
[40:06] | Someday you will come to Africa to visit. | 有一天你会来非洲的 |
[40:13] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[40:14] | No maybe. I’m saying yes. | 可能吧 不是可能 是一定 |
[40:17] | Or you will come back here. | 或者你回到这儿 |
[40:20] | Either one, we’ll see. | 到底是你还是我 走着瞧吧 |
[40:23] | We’ll see. | 到时候就知道了 |
[40:25] | Nobody knows. | 谁说得准呢 |
[40:31] | What’s it like? | 这是什么感觉 |
[40:33] | What is what like? | 什么是什么感觉 |
[40:36] | Knowing. | 同病相怜 |
[40:41] | Knowing is everything. | 一切尽在不言中 |
[40:47] | But your turn will come, Adrian Monk. | 你的机会会来到的 Adrian Monk |
[40:50] | You are next. | 下一次就轮到你 |
[40:53] | Do not give up. | 千万别放弃 |
[40:56] | Never. | 永远不 |
[41:04] | This is for you. | 这个给你 |
[41:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:10] | No man has a greater friend than Adrian Monk. | Adrian Monk是最好的朋友 |
[41:15] | No man has a greater friend than Samuel Waingaya. | Samuel Waingaya也是最好的朋友 |