时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Oh, no. | 哦 不 |
[00:12] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[00:16] | Now what? | 怎么回事啊 |
[00:27] | Uhh, just… come in! | 进来 |
[00:29] | The door’s open. | 门没关 |
[00:30] | Ohh! No! No! Natalie, Natalie, Natalie! | 哦 |
[00:37] | Adrian? Natalie! | 不 |
[00:39] | – What happened? – It just blew up in my face! | – 怎么了 – 我的脸被喷了 快打911 |
[00:42] | Call 911. | 不 没必要打911 跟我来 |
[00:43] | No, no, no. We don’t have to call 911. | 不 没必要打911 跟我来 |
[00:45] | – Just come with me. – Oh, I can’t see. | 我看不见了 |
[00:46] | Oh, it’s a code red, Natalie. | 红色级别警报 Natalie |
[00:48] | I… I don’t know what code red means. | 我可不知道红色级别警报是啥意思 |
[00:51] | Code red! | 红色级别警报 |
[00:52] | We talked about this. We had practice drills. | 我们谈过 还演练过 |
[00:55] | Okay, just… just… You’re gonna be fine. | 好的 你没事的 |
[00:56] | Just splash some water on your face. | – 洗洗脸 – 好的 |
[00:58] | – Okay. – Splash it on your eyes. | 洗洗眼睛 |
[01:16] | Hello, Adrian. | 你好 Adrian |
[01:18] | What year is this? | 我穿越了? |
[02:36] | Okay, can I ask you a question? | 我能问个问题吗 |
[02:39] | I have been wanting to ask you for a long time. | 我一直都想问你 |
[02:43] | Oh, sure, anything. | 当然 |
[02:45] | Um… that Friday before you left, | 随便问 你离开前的星期五 |
[02:50] | you took a shirt to the drycleaners, | 你把一件衬衣送去干洗店 |
[02:52] | short, number four. | 短的 第四号衬衣 |
[02:53] | Sharona, they said they never got it. | Sharona 可他们说从没收到过 |
[02:56] | That’s what you’ve been waiting to ask me about? | 你要问我的就是这个? |
[02:59] | It looked a lot like this shirt, | 虽然这样的衬衣有很多 |
[03:00] | but it was number four. | 但它是第四号 |
[03:02] | No, no, no. Uh, you know what? I remember. | 不 不 我记得 |
[03:04] | I took it to your drycleaner. | 我送去干洗店 |
[03:06] | And they were closed, so I took it to another one down the street. | 可关门了 |
[03:09] | Oh! | 于是我去了街那边的另一家 |
[03:11] | Adrian So, Adrian, how have you been? | |
[03:14] | – You look great. – Thank you. | 你过得怎么样 看起来很不错嘛 |
[03:16] | Do you remember the name of that establishment, the other cleaners? | 谢谢 你还记得那家干洗店的名字吗 |
[03:18] | No, I don’t remember | 不记得了 |
[03:20] | do you have the ticket? | 还有单据吗 |
[03:22] | I know, you always… You always, um, | 我知道你一直都… |
[03:24] | you know, put the tickets in your purse. | 一直都把单据放在包里 |
[03:27] | Um… | |
[03:28] | Yeah, but it’s been five years. | 是啊 |
[03:30] | This is not even the same purse. | 可这事都过去五年了 我连包都换了 |
[03:32] | Oh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:33] | Okay, fine. Fine. | 好吧 |
[03:37] | Um… | 好吧 好吧 |
[03:39] | You know what? It’s not here. | 没有 |
[03:41] | It’s not here. | 包里没有 可能在我车库里 所有过去的物品我都放在车库了 |
[03:42] | But it might be in the garage at home | 包里没有 |
[03:44] | where I keep all of my old stuff. | 可能在我车库里 所有过去的物品我都放在车库了 |
[03:45] | So when I go home, I’ll check for it. | 回家后我会找找的 |
[03:47] | All right? | 好吧 |
[03:49] | – Oh! – You got it, you found it. | 你找到了 |
[03:51] | No, picture of Benjy. | 不是 |
[03:53] | – Oh. – Can you believe it? | 是Benjy的照片 |
[03:55] | He’s looking at colleges now. | 你能相信吗 他现在要上大学了 |
[03:57] | The only question is can I afford to send him? | 唯一的问题是 我能供得起他吗 |
[03:59] | That’s always the question. | 我一直都为这发愁 |
[04:02] | Look at him. He’s all grown up. | 看啊 他都是大人了 |
[04:05] | Where is he now? | 他在哪儿 |
[04:07] | Um, he’s home, working a summer job. | 在家 打暑期工呢 |
[04:09] | Is he anywhere near that garage? | 离车库远不 |
[04:13] | Adrian… | 我保证一回家就去车库找 |
[04:16] | I promise you, when I get home, | |
[04:18] | I’m gonna check the garage. | |
[04:19] | I promise you. | 我保证 |
[04:21] | But will you please forget about the ticket? | 你能先把这事搁在一边吗 |
[04:23] | Okay? | 可以吗 |
[04:26] | – You haven’t changed at all. – Oh, well… | 你一点儿没变 |
[04:28] | Not at all. I mean, it’s… it’s amazing. | 你完全没变 |
[04:30] | Even the apartment. It’s exactly the same. | 太神奇了 |
[04:33] | – It’s amazing. – No, that’s not true, actually. | 就连这房间也和以前一模一样 |
[04:36] | I switched to 75 watt bulbs in the hallway. | 其实有变化 我把门廊的灯泡换成了75瓦 |
[04:38] | – Really? – Oh, yeah; Oh, yeah. | – 真的吗 – 是的 |
[04:40] | – Oh, that is something. – Well… | 这太好了 |
[04:41] | No, that is real progress, Adrian. | 这可是个不小的进步 |
[04:43] | I am very proud of you. | Adrian 我以你为傲呢 |
[04:45] | I didn’t like it… | 可我不喜欢 |
[04:46] | so I changed back. | 所以又换回来了 |
[04:49] | Oh. | |
[04:52] | Sharona “So, Sharona, how are you doing? | |
[04:54] | What have you been up to?” | 你怎么样 这些年都做了什么 |
[04:56] | Oh, well, thank you very much for asking. | – 非常感谢你的关心 |
[04:58] | Um… I am still in Jersey. | – 好的 我还在Jersey |
[05:01] | And I’m nursing again. | 现在又在照顾人了 |
[05:02] | – Really? – Mm-hmm. | 现在又在照顾人了 真的吗 |
[05:05] | But isn’t Benjy like 17? | Benjy不都已经17岁了吗 |
[05:09] | No… I’m working as a nurse. | 不 我是说做护士工作 |
[05:12] | Oh, well, that’s different. | – 哦 这不一样 – 我是管理人员 |
[05:13] | I’m an administrator. | – 哦 这不一样 – 我是管理人员 |
[05:15] | I… I’m… I manage a veterans hospital. | – 管理一家老兵医院 |
[05:16] | I get it, yeah. Oh, well, they must… | – 我明白了 他们肯定… |
[05:19] | They’re very lucky to have you. | 有你是他们的荣幸 |
[05:21] | And Trevor… How’s Trevor? | Trevor呢 |
[05:23] | Oh, we’re separated for good this time. | 这次我们友好分手了 |
[05:25] | Oh… | |
[05:26] | No, no, no, no. This was the best thing for both of us. | – 不是吧 – 不 不 这对我们来说都是最好的 |
[05:30] | You still have some schmutz over there. | 你那儿还有些脏 |
[05:33] | – Wh-where? – Right there. | – 哪儿 – 就是这儿 |
[05:35] | Hold on, hold on. | 等等 |
[05:42] | Hey. | |
[05:43] | Hmm? | 嘿 |
[05:45] | You still got it. | 你做得还是很顺手嘛 |
[05:46] | It’s like riding a bike. | 你做得还是很顺手嘛 就像骑车一样 |
[05:48] | Oh, man. | 就像骑车一样 天啊 |
[05:50] | A very clean, very unusual… | 一辆非常干净 非常与众不同 |
[05:55] | very sad bike. | 非常杯具~的自行车 |
[05:57] | Is it off? | Is it off? 擦干净了吗 |
[05:58] | Yeah, yeah, yeah, yes! | – 是的 |
[06:00] | Hold on, hold on. | 等等 – 擦干净了吗 |
[06:01] | Have you got it? | 擦干净了吗 |
[06:02] | – Yeah, I’m… – Yeah? | 擦干净了吗 是的 我… |
[06:03] | Morning, Mr. Monk. | 早上好啊 Monk先生 |
[06:05] | You got it? | – 擦干净了吗 |
[06:08] | Oh! Hello. | – 好了 |
[06:10] | Natalie, I didn’t hear you come in. | 你好 天啊 Natalie 你什么时候进来的 |
[06:13] | It… I-I’m… | 我… |
[06:15] | Um, it’s not what you think. | 事情不是你想的那样 |
[06:16] | Wh-What’s not what who thinks? | 什么不是什么 谁想的哪样啊 |
[06:18] | I can explain! All right? | 我可以解释 好吗 |
[06:20] | This is Sharona. | 这位是Sharona |
[06:23] | Sharo… Sharona-Sharona? | |
[06:25] | – No. – Mm-hmm. | 不是 |
[06:26] | Oh, my gosh, I’ve heard so much about you. | 不是 天啊 |
[06:28] | – I’m Natalie Teeger. – Oh, my God! | 我听说了你太多太多事 我是Natalie Teeger |
[06:30] | I feel like I’m meeting a celebrity. | – 哦 天啊 – 我感觉像是看见了大明星 |
[06:32] | – It’s so nice to meet you. | – It’s so nice to meet you. – 见到你太开心了 – 我也是 |
[06:34] | I got this myself. | 这是我自己拿的 |
[06:36] | Okay, she got me the wipe. It’s just a wipe. | 这是我自己拿的 好吧 纸巾是她给我的 就是张纸巾而已 |
[06:40] | I mean, come on. There’s nothing going on. | 什么事都没有 |
[06:42] | Sometimes a wipe is just a wipe. | 纸巾就是纸巾 |
[06:43] | I’m talking too much. | 我说太多了 |
[06:45] | Am I still talking now? God, I’m still talking. | 我还在说吗 天哪 我还在说 |
[06:47] | Mr. Monk, it’s okay if Sharona hands you a wipe. | Monk先生 Sharona给你纸巾 |
[06:50] | So how long are you here for? | 这没什么啊 你在这儿待几天 |
[06:52] | Um, a day, maybe two. | 一两天吧 |
[06:54] | Just a day! Maybe two. | 一两天吧 就一两天 |
[06:56] | You know, I’m gonna meet some lawyers, | 我叔叔Howie去世了 我得找律师 |
[06:57] | ’cause my uncle Howie died. | 我叔叔Howie去世了 我得找律师 |
[06:59] | Oh, I’m so sorry. | 哦 节哀顺变 |
[07:00] | Yeah, well, you know, I wasn’t very close to him | 哦 节哀顺变 我和他不很亲近 |
[07:03] | and I didn’t really know him that well. | 其实我也不怎么了解他 |
[07:04] | But, you know, I was the only family he had. | 不过我是他唯一的亲人 |
[07:06] | – So that’s why I’m here. – Yeah. | – 所以我才来这儿 – 是啊 |
[07:08] | Oh, so you’re here to claim the body? | – 你来这儿是认领尸体的吗 – 是的 |
[07:09] | – No, he’s already been cremated. – Yeah. | – 不 他已经被火化了 – 是啊 |
[07:11] | He died at the Eastdale Country Club. | 他死在Eastdale乡间俱乐部 |
[07:13] | Have you ever been there? | 你去过那儿吗 |
[07:15] | Me? No, I couldn’t afford to park my car there. | 我? 我连那儿的停车费都付不起 |
[07:17] | – Not on my salary. – Oh, yes. | – 就我那点薪水 – 哦 没错 |
[07:18] | I’m sorry, I forgot. | 抱歉 我忘了 你是为吝啬鬼Monk工作 |
[07:20] | You work for Ebenezer Monk. | 抱歉 我忘了 你是为吝啬鬼Monk工作 |
[07:21] | Right. | – 没错 – 是啊 |
[07:22] | That’s funny. That’s good. | 好好笑哦 |
[07:24] | Trouble ahead. | 麻烦来了 |
[07:25] | Anyway, he fell down the staircase | 麻烦来了 |
[07:27] | on the golf course. | 他从高尔夫球场的石阶上摔了下来 |
[07:28] | It was their fault. | 都是他们的错 有石头松了 |
[07:29] | Some of the stones were loose. | 都是他们的错 有石头松了 |
[07:31] | – So we’re gonna sue them. – Oh, good for you. | – 我们要告他们 – 很好 |
[07:33] | Actually, I’m gonna meet my lawyer in 20 minutes. | – 20分钟后我得见律师 |
[07:35] | Good. | – 很好 |
[07:36] | Hey, why don’t you guys come with me. | 嘿 你们和我一起去吧 |
[07:37] | ‘Cause it won’t take long, | 花不了多少时间 办完事后我们一起吃午饭 |
[07:39] | then we could go out for lunch afterwards. | 花不了多少时间 办完事后我们一起吃午饭 |
[07:40] | We could, you know, catch up and have some fun. | 我们可以聊聊天 开心开心 |
[07:43] | I would love that. | 棒极了 太好了 |
[07:44] | That sounds great, sure. Come on. | – 是啊 是啊 – 走吧 |
[07:45] | Natalie, I have a question. | – 是啊 是啊 – 走吧 – Natalie 我有问题 – 什么 |
[07:47] | Does he still eat the same thing every day for lunch? | 他每天还吃同样的午饭吗 |
[07:49] | Well, wait, what is it? | 等等 午饭是什么呢 |
[07:50] | Turkey club, lightly toasted, | 等等 午饭是什么呢 – 火鸡三明治 |
[07:53] | hold the lettuce, hold the bacon… | 轻烤 – 不加莴苣 不加熏肉 |
[07:55] | Hold the Mayo. | – 不加蛋黄酱 – 不加蛋黄酱 |
[07:56] | Five slices of Turkey cut four ways on a square plate. | – 方形盘子 五片火鸡 每块切四下 – 方形盘子 五片火鸡 每块切四下 |
[07:59] | Oh, my God, half the time he sticks me with the check. | 半数时间 他因为这个拖延我的薪水支票 |
[08:00] | Oh, my God, he still does that? | 天啊 他还这样做呀 |
[08:02] | I swear, I don’t know how I survived on $950 a week. | 我发誓自己都不知道每周950美元的薪水 是怎么费劲得到的 |
[08:05] | I don’t know. | 我真不知道 |
[08:26] | Mr. Monk. | – Monk先生 – 是啊 我快看完了 |
[08:27] | Yeah, yeah. I’m almost finished. | – Monk先生 – 是啊 我快看完了 |
[08:30] | You paid her $20 a week more than me? | – 她每周比我多20美元? |
[08:32] | – She had a kid! – I have a kid! | – 她有孩子嘛 我也有啊 |
[08:34] | Her kid ate more. | – 她的孩子饭量比较大 – 这不公平 你心知肚明 |
[08:36] | That’s not fair, and you know it. | – 她的孩子饭量比较大 – 这不公平 你心知肚明 |
[08:37] | Okay, fine, I’ll pay you the same. | 我付你同样的钱 |
[08:39] | On one condition. | 好了吧 不过有个条件 |
[08:40] | When we go to lunch, don’t talk to her. | 午饭时别和她说话 |
[08:43] | I mean, you can talk to her, but not about me. | 你可以和她说话 但不准说我 |
[08:48] | Don’t compare notes. | 不准交流意见 |
[08:51] | And sit at separate tables. | 不准坐同一张桌子 |
[08:54] | And if she offers to pick up the check, | 如果她要买单 |
[08:56] | for God’s sake, don’t argue with her. | 千万别和她争 |
[09:02] | Ms. Fleming, we represent the Eastdale Country Club. | Fleming女士 我们代表Eastdale乡间俱乐部 |
[09:05] | Now, our client would rather not drag this through the court | 我们的委托人不想因为这事 |
[09:08] | for weeks or years. | 在法庭上拖个几周甚至几年 |
[09:09] | We understand that no amount of money | 我们明白 |
[09:12] | could ever compensate for your loss. | 再多的金钱也换不回亲人的生命 |
[09:14] | But we’re hoping this will ease at least | 不过我们希望至少能安抚你的悲伤 |
[09:17] | some of your pain. | |
[09:19] | Think about it. | |
[09:21] | Take your time. | 别着急 好好考虑一下吧 |
[09:22] | We don’t have to think about it. | 没这个必要 |
[09:24] | Whatever your offer is, it’s not enough. | 不管你给多少都不够 |
[09:25] | Howard Fleming was in the prime of his life. | Howard Fleming正值盛年 |
[09:28] | Your client knew the stones on that staircase were loose. | 你的委托人很明白 台阶的石头不稳 |
[09:31] | They’d been warned about it on more than two occasions. | 有人不止一两次地提醒过他们 |
[09:33] | My client didn’t come all this way to be insulted. | 我的委托人是不会接受金钱的施舍 休想用钱摆平 |
[09:37] | Holy Jesus palomino. | 额地神啊上帝以及老天爷 |
[09:47] | Uh… | |
[09:48] | We accept. | 我们接受 |
[09:51] | No backsies. | 绝不反悔 |
[10:10] | – Sharona? – You okay? | – 你没事吧 |
[10:14] | – Oh, my God. – What happened? | – 天啊 – 怎么了 |
[10:16] | I thought at the most they were gonna offer me | 我本以为他们最多给五千到一万 |
[10:18] | five to ten grand, but this is real money. | 这可是货真价实的钱啊 |
[10:21] | This will pay for Benjy’s college. | 这下Benjy的学费有了 |
[10:23] | Not just community college. Any college. | 不光是社区大学 |
[10:26] | He can go anywheres that he wants. | 他可以随心所欲地选择任何一所大学 |
[10:28] | Sharona, that is so great. I mean, congratulations! | Sharona 这太棒了 |
[10:30] | Congratulations. | – 恭喜 – 恭喜 |
[10:32] | I’m sorry about the circumstance. | 抱歉对着这些照片说这话 |
[10:34] | Oh, no, no, it’s okay. I only met the guy twice. | 没事 我也只见过他两次 |
[10:37] | Oh, my God. | 哦 天啊 这就是传说中的好运吗 |
[10:38] | Is this what good luck feels like? | 哦 天啊 这就是传说中的好运吗 |
[10:40] | I mean, because I never actually had it, you know? | 我从没遇到这么走运的事 |
[10:43] | Huh. | |
[10:45] | What? Is there a problem? | 怎么了 有问题吗 |
[10:47] | There’s something wrong here. | 有点不对劲 |
[10:49] | Don’t you say that. | 别说这话 什么也不准发现 |
[10:50] | Don’t find anything, | 别说这话 什么也不准发现 |
[10:51] | because if this is not an accident, | 如果这不是意外 |
[10:53] | then they’re not responsible, | 他们就不会承担责任 |
[10:54] | and then they don’t have to pay. | 也不用支付赔偿金了 |
[10:56] | Do you understand? | 你明白吗 |
[10:57] | Right. Okay, right… | 好的 |
[10:59] | No! | 不 |
[11:01] | I want you to stop looking at this. | 你别看了 |
[11:04] | It was an accident, okay? | 这就是个意外 明白了吗 |
[11:08] | Say it was an accident. | 说这是意外 |
[11:10] | No, I want you to say it was an accident! | 不 我要你说出来 这是意外 |
[11:26] | I know that look. | 我知道这个表情 |
[11:28] | I remember that look. | 我记得这个表情 |
[11:30] | I hate that look. | 我讨厌这个表情 |
[11:49] | Mr. Monk, I think they’re over there. | Monk先生 他们在那边 |
[11:52] | You call him Mr. Monk, huh? | 你叫他Monk先生啊 |
[11:54] | I know. It’s weird. | 我知道 是很奇怪 |
[11:56] | I can’t call him by his first name. | 可我就是没办法叫他的名字 |
[11:57] | It’s just not me. | 不只我一人 |
[11:59] | Adrian, do you mind if she calls you Adrian? | 你介意她叫你Adrian吗 |
[12:03] | Of course not. Why would I mind? | 当然不了 有什么好介意的 |
[12:05] | – Okay. Adrian. – Yeah, see, I don’t like it. | 好吧 – 瞧啊 我不喜欢 |
[12:08] | – Me either. – Are you serious? | – 我也是 – 你说真的? |
[12:11] | Good. That’s it. | 很好 就是这样 |
[12:13] | All right. | 很好 |
[12:14] | Plant the left foot, honey. | 左脚站稳 宝贝 |
[12:18] | Focus on the ball. | 注意力放在球上 |
[12:24] | Well, you looked great. | 你看起来很不错嘛 |
[12:26] | That’s the important thing. | 这才是最重要的 |
[12:28] | Mr. Walsh. | Walsh先生 |
[12:31] | Is this a bad time? | 现在你有时间吗 |
[12:33] | Sir? | 先生 |
[12:35] | I can’t think of a much worse time. | – 这不废话吗 |
[12:37] | I’m sorry to… | – 很抱歉 |
[12:39] | to bother you. | 打扰你 |
[12:41] | I’m Adrian Monk. | 我是Adrian |
[12:43] | Monk | Monk. |
[12:45] | I know that name. | 我听说过 |
[12:47] | Oh, yeah, you’re in the news. The detective. | 你上过新闻 是个侦探 |
[12:50] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[12:51] | And this is my assistant Natalie Teeger | 这是我的助手Natalie Teeger |
[12:53] | and Sharona Fleming, my other assistant. | 另一个助手 Sharona Fleming |
[12:55] | My ex-assistant. | 前助手 |
[12:57] | – My other, former… – Hi. | – 我的另一个 前… – 嗨 |
[12:59] | – My other ex… – I’m a really big fan. | – 我的另一个 前… – 我很崇拜你 |
[13:01] | I saw you four years ago at Brookhaven. | 4年前在Brookhaven见过你 |
[13:04] | That was heartbreaking. | – 那次太难过了 |
[13:05] | That was a rough beat. | – 那场比赛很艰难 |
[13:07] | And I left the circuit shortly after. | 很快我就离开了巡回赛 |
[13:09] | Took the job here, married this beautiful woman, | 接受了这儿的工作 娶了这位美女 |
[13:11] | the best decision of my life. | – 我这辈子的最佳决定 |
[13:12] | I’m Carolyn. | – 我是Carolyn |
[13:14] | And this is my long-suffering caddy Gary Hanks. | 这是我忍耐力十足的球童Gary Hanks |
[13:16] | – Hi. – Hello. | – 你好 – 你好 |
[13:18] | So you said Fleming. Is this about Howard Fleming? | 你叫Fleming 是为Howard Fleming的事吗 |
[13:21] | Yeah. He was my uncle. | 是的 他是我叔叔 |
[13:23] | Oh. I’m sorry. | 抱歉 你还好吗 |
[13:24] | How are you doing? | 抱歉 你还好吗 |
[13:26] | She’s fine. I read the police report. | 她很好 我看过了警方报告 |
[13:28] | I understand | 你亲眼目睹了那次意外 |
[13:29] | that you actually saw the accident? | 对吗 |
[13:32] | Yes, sir. | 是的 我们俩都是亲眼所见 |
[13:33] | – We both did. – I’ll never forget it. | 我永远忘不了 |
[13:34] | It was on the 12th fairway, right over there. | 就在那边的12球道 |
[13:36] | It’s all in the report. | 报告上都有 |
[13:37] | It was early. What, about 7:30 or so? | 那天很早 7点30左右 |
[13:40] | I had about a 7-iron into the green. | 我用的是7号铁球杆 |
[13:42] | Pulled a really bad left and long. | 向左打得太偏了 |
[13:43] | It was the worst shot I’ve ever seen him make. | 是我见过他最糟糕的一次 |
[13:45] | So we were behind the green in the shrubs | 我们在果岭后的灌木里找球 |
[13:47] | looking for the ball, and we heard this yelling. | 听到叫喊声 |
[13:49] | And it was Howard. | 是Howard |
[13:50] | I knew him slightly. | 我稍许认识他 |
[13:51] | I’d seen him around the club. | 在俱乐部里见过几次 |
[13:53] | Gary had a cell phone, | Gary带着手机 |
[13:54] | so I told him to call 911. | 我让他打911 |
[13:55] | The battery was dead. Piece-of-crap phone. | 该死的手机没电了 |
[13:57] | Thanks for nothing, Fujikawa Cellular. | Fujigawa的烂手机 |
[14:00] | Gary went for help. I stayed with Howard. | Gary跑去找人求助 我照顾Howard |
[14:02] | I tried CPR. | 试过了CPR |
[14:04] | Tried everything. | 什么都试过了 |
[14:05] | By the time the paramedics had gotten there, he was gone. | 救护车赶到时 他已经停止了呼吸 |
[14:08] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[14:13] | Adrian | Adrian, you’re going the wrong way. |
[14:15] | The car’s over there. | 你走错了 车在那边 |
[14:17] | It’ll just take a minute. I want to see the crime scene. | 就一分钟 我想看看案发现场 |
[14:19] | It’s not a crime scene. Don’t call it a crime scene. | 那不是案发现场 别管这叫案发现场 |
[14:22] | Mr. Monk, I don’t understand. | Monk先生 我搞不懂 |
[14:23] | They both saw the accident. It sounded legit to me. | 他们俩都看见了意外 – |
[14:25] | Yeah, me too. | 我觉得没什么不对劲啊 – 我也是 |
[14:27] | Can’t we just say it’s an accident and get on with our lives? | 难道就不能说这是场意外 该干嘛干嘛吗 |
[14:29] | Get on with our lives. | 该干嘛干嘛 |
[14:31] | Sharona, he was your uncle. | Sharona 他可是你叔叔啊 |
[14:33] | I barely knew him. I met him twice. | 我只见过他两次 几乎不认识他 |
[14:36] | Oh, oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[14:38] | – It’s my… my cuff. – Oh, stop whining. | – 我的裤脚… – 别抱怨了 |
[14:39] | It’s only water. Just shake it off. | 就一点儿水 甩甩就是了 你瞧 |
[14:45] | Shake it off. | 甩甩就是了 |
[14:47] | Here. Don’t tell her I did this. | 给 |
[15:20] | Sharona, | 别跟她说 |
[15:22] | would you lie down on the ground right here | 你能躺在你叔叔被发现的地方吗 |
[15:24] | where they found your uncle? | |
[15:26] | No. | 不行 |
[15:28] | – Natalie, would you? – No. | – Natalie 你能来吗 – 不行 |
[15:33] | So what do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[15:35] | I think I made a mistake. | 我想我错了 |
[15:38] | I mean, look, the third step | 看第三级台阶 |
[15:41] | is very loose. | 非常松 |
[15:45] | He obviously slipped and hit his head. | 显然他失足 头撞到了地上 |
[15:49] | So it was an accident! | 那就是意外嘛 |
[15:52] | Oh! | |
[15:53] | Thank you, God. | 谢天谢地 |
[15:54] | Benjy is going to college, and I got to tell him this. | Benji可以上大学了 我要告诉他 |
[15:57] | – That’s great. – Natalie? | – 太好了 – 是啊 |
[15:59] | Yes. | 怎么了 |
[16:02] | – Can I see that? – Sure. | – 我能看看吗 – 当然 |
[16:04] | – He didn’t fall. – What? | – 他没有摔倒 |
[16:06] | Shh. | – 什么 |
[16:08] | Look at this. Look. | 看看这个 |
[16:10] | All the golf clubs are still covered. | 高尔夫球杆没有打开 |
[16:13] | There’s no golf club on the ground | 尸体附近根本没有球杆 |
[16:14] | anywhere near the body. | |
[16:16] | I don’t think he was golfing at all. | 他当时根本没在打球 |
[16:17] | And look at this… He teed off at 7:10. | 再看这个 |
[16:20] | He died at 7:30. | 他7点10分开球 7点30分死亡 |
[16:21] | How did he get to the 14th green in 20 minutes? | 20分钟内 他如何来到第14果岭 |
[16:24] | Doesn’t make any sense. | 完全说不通啊 |
[16:25] | Are you sure? | 你肯定吗 |
[16:28] | 72%. | 72%肯定 |
[16:31] | You have to tell her. | 你得告诉她 |
[16:34] | I know. | 我知道 |
[16:39] | – Are you gonna tell her? – No. | – 你要告诉她吗 |
[16:43] | ‘Scuse me, um… | – 不 打扰一下 |
[16:45] | I’d like to lodge a complaint against one of your officers. | 我要投诉你们的一名警官 |
[16:48] | What did he do? | 他做了什么 |
[16:49] | He hasn’t written or called me in five years. | 五年了 |
[16:56] | Sharona Fleming. | 他一个电话 一封信也没有给我 |
[16:57] | Get in here! | 进来 |
[16:59] | – You look fantastic. – Thank you. | – 你看起来很棒啊 – 谢谢 |
[17:02] | We’ve got regulations against public displays of affection, | 我们有规定 |
[17:04] | which I’m officially waiving. | 公共场合不得有情感流露 现在我正式撤销了 |
[17:06] | – It’s so good to see you. – It’s good to see you. | – 看见你真好 – 看见你真好 |
[17:08] | Hey, I heard you got a new girlfriend. | 嘿 听说你找新女朋友了 |
[17:10] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 哦 |
[17:12] | Oh, my God! You won the lottery! | 天啊 你撞大运了啊 |
[17:15] | I feel like I did. | 我也觉得 |
[17:17] | Is she here? | 她在这儿吗 |
[17:19] | There she is. She is… here. | 她在这儿 |
[17:22] | Wow, you look great. | 你真不错 |
[17:23] | Thank you, Randy. | 谢谢 Randy |
[17:30] | It’s really good to see you, Randy. | 见到你太好了 Randy |
[17:32] | – And… – And what? | – 还有… – 还有什么 |
[17:34] | I don’t know, I’m just waiting for the punch line. | 我不知道 我在等你说妙语呢 |
[17:36] | You always used to set me up and hit me with a zinger. | 你总是先鼓励我 再狠狠地损我 打击我 |
[17:39] | – What, I did that? – Only all the time. | – 什么 我这么做过? – 常有的事 |
[17:42] | Oh, my God, was I awful? | 哦 天啊 那我是不是很讨厌 |
[17:43] | No, you were… | 不 你… |
[17:46] | Truth is, I missed it. | 实话实说 我很怀念呢 |
[17:49] | Excuse me for repeating myself, | 不好意思我这么啰嗦 |
[17:50] | but you look great! | 你看起来真的很棒 |
[17:52] | Hey, Randy, did you pull that rap sheet? | – 谢谢 – 嘿 Randy 罪犯登记表拿到了吗 |
[17:55] | Uh, no, I didn’t get a chance. | 没 我没去拿 |
[17:56] | Isn’t it right there in your hand? | 不就在你手上吗 |
[17:58] | Oh. Yeah. There it is. | 哦 是的 给 |
[18:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:03] | This was it. | 就是这个 |
[18:05] | Yeah. Howard Fleming. | |
[18:06] | He’s clean, no priors, no convictions. | 没有前科 没有被定罪 |
[18:09] | Oh, this is about your uncle. | – 是关于你叔叔吧 – 是的 |
[18:10] | – Yeah. – Yeah, Monk told me about that. | Monk跟我说了 |
[18:12] | That’s tough. I’m sorry. | – 太惨了 抱歉 – 是啊 |
[18:13] | – Yeah. – What’s this, two lawsuits. | 两起诉讼 1998年 |
[18:15] | 1998, a yacht club in Key West, | Key West帆船俱乐部 |
[18:17] | he slipped and sprained his neck. | 他不慎摔倒 扭伤脖子 |
[18:19] | 2004 | 2004, hit by a car. |
[18:22] | A Mercedes. Settled out of court. | 被一辆奔驰所撞 庭外和解 |
[18:25] | He was just unlucky. | 他只是比较倒霉 |
[18:28] | A little too unlucky. | 也太倒霉了吧 |
[18:30] | What is that supposed to mean? | 这话什么意思 |
[18:32] | She didn’t mean anything. Nobody means anything. | 什么意思也没有 谁也没说什么 |
[18:34] | Nobody means anything? What does that mean? | 谁也没说什么? 这话又是什么意思 |
[18:36] | Doesn’t mean anything. | 就是没什么意思 |
[18:37] | All I’m saying is your Uncle Howie seemed to fall down a lot. | 我只是说 你叔叔Howie就像个”倒”爷 |
[18:40] | Yeah. Into some pretty deep pockets. | 没错 都倒在有钱人的地盘上 |
[18:43] | Adrian, you were there. You saw the steps. | Adrian 你去过现场 见到了石阶 |
[18:46] | You said it was an accident. It’s an accident! | 你明明说是场意外 是意外 |
[18:48] | Definitely. Absolutely. | 那是肯定的 |
[18:49] | – No question about that. – Okay. | 毫无疑问 很好 |
[18:51] | But… | 不过 |
[18:53] | Just to be sure, | 为了万无一失 |
[18:55] | maybe we… | 或许我们… |
[18:57] | Maybe we should swing by his apartment | 或许我们应该去他的公寓里看看 |
[19:00] | and take a look around. | |
[19:01] | Just to be… | 只是为了… |
[19:03] | What? Sure. | 确保万无一失 |
[19:06] | – Can’t hurt. – Yep. | – 看看也没什么坏处 – 是的 |
[19:08] | Monk… can I talk to you for a second? | 我有话跟你说 |
[19:19] | – So… – Yeah. | 这么说 |
[19:21] | You’re gonna go to the uncle’s apartment and check things out. | 你要去她叔叔的公寓查查 |
[19:24] | And you’re gonna take Natalie and Sharona. | 还要带上Natalie和Sharona |
[19:28] | Can I give you a bit of advice man-to-man? | 我能给你一点男人之间的忠告吗 |
[19:31] | Big mistake. | – 大错特错 |
[19:33] | Oh, I know. | – 我知道 |
[19:34] | Monk, you have… | Monk 你… |
[19:36] | You’re barely… You’re… | 你是… |
[19:39] | You’re very… | 你是一个非常… |
[19:43] | – You’re a fragile person. – Thank you. | – 非常脆弱的人 – 谢谢 |
[19:45] | These women are gonna drive you crazy. | 这两个女人会把你逼抓狂 |
[19:47] | – You’re gonna have a breakdown. – Oh, I know! | – 你肯定会崩溃的 – 我知道 |
[19:49] | I love Natalie, and I love Sharona too. | 我喜欢Natalie 也喜欢Sharona |
[19:52] | They’re both wonderful women. You got lucky twice. | 她们都是好女人 你走了两次好运 |
[19:56] | But together… they’re like bourbon and vodka. | 可是两人在一起 就像波旁威士忌和伏特加 |
[19:59] | I love them both, | 两样我都爱 |
[20:01] | but I can’t have them at the same meal, | 但不能一起喝 |
[20:02] | because they don’t mix. | 因为两者不能混合 |
[20:05] | These women are so different, Monk. | 这两个女人截然不同 Monk |
[20:07] | They’re gonna tear you apart like a piece of saltwater taffy. | 你就像一只手撕鸡 会被她们撕成碎片 |
[20:09] | I know, I’ve been a piece of taffy all day. | 我已经当了一天的手撕鸡了 |
[20:12] | Natalie’s been acting like Mary, queen of Scots. | Natalie一副御姐样 |
[20:15] | She wants more money. | 她想要更多的钱 |
[20:17] | I mean, she won’t lay down in the dirt when I ask her. | 我让她躺在地上 她都不肯 |
[20:20] | I’m losing her. | – 我要失去她了 |
[20:21] | And it’s only gonna get worse. | – 事情只会更糟 |
[20:23] | What’ll I do? What… | 我该怎么办 |
[20:25] | Well, you’re gonna have to leave one of them here. | 两人你只能选一个 |
[20:26] | I can’t. I can’t choose. | 不行 我无法选择 |
[20:30] | Well… be careful. | 那就…保重吧 |
[20:31] | Can I call you if it gets weird? | 如果事情不妙 我能打给你吗 |
[20:33] | No. | 不能 |
[20:45] | Uncle Howie liked the ladies. | Howie叔叔喜欢女人 |
[20:47] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[20:48] | Just trust me. He liked the ladies. | 相信我 他喜欢女人 |
[20:55] | This is me. This is my first communion. | 这是我 我第一次参见圣餐仪式 |
[20:58] | I wonder why he kept it. | 他怎么还留着呢 |
[21:00] | You’re family. | 你们是一家人啊 |
[21:03] | I only met him twice. | 我只见过他两次 |
[21:10] | Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[21:11] | What? What is it? | – 是什么 – 是什么 |
[21:13] | I think your uncle was broke. | 看来你叔叔破产了 |
[21:17] | – Let me see that. – No, no, no, let me see. | – 我看看 – |
[21:19] | He was my uncle. | 不 不 让我看看 他是我叔叔 |
[21:20] | – He was my uncle. – Okay, okay, okay, okay. | – 他是我叔叔 – 好了 好了 |
[21:22] | I’ll just hold them all up and you can both see. | 一分为二 你们都可以看 |
[21:26] | I hate this case. | 我讨厌这个案子 |
[21:28] | It’s not a case. It was an accident. | 这不是案子 是意外 |
[21:30] | I hate this accident. | 我讨厌这个意外 |
[21:37] | Cushions. | 坐垫 |
[21:39] | What are those doing in here? | 怎么放这儿 |
[21:41] | My God, he was practicing. | 天啊 他在练习 |
[21:44] | Practicing what? | 练习什么 |
[21:46] | Falling. | 摔倒 |
[21:47] | Sharona | Sharona, I’m sorry, |
[21:48] | but your Uncle Howie was a con man. | 很抱歉 不过你叔叔Howie确实是骗子 |
[21:51] | That’s what he was doing on the golf course. | 他在高尔夫球场上就是这么干的 |
[21:53] | He was staging an accident, | 他假装意外 |
[21:55] | so he could sue the country club. | 好起诉乡间俱乐部 |
[21:57] | Right, so he was pretending to fall, and then he really fell. | 这么说他是假装摔倒 不料却真摔了 (实在是真”衰”啊) |
[22:00] | It happens. I guess con men can trip, too. | 有这个可能 骗子也有马失前蹄的时候 |
[22:03] | Well, I don’t believe it. You’re not perfect. | 我还是不信 你又不是完人 也会犯错 |
[22:05] | – You could be wrong. – Maybe, but I’m not. | 或许 但这次没有 |
[22:08] | This doesn’t mean anything, cushions on a floor? | 地板上的坐垫根本不代表什么 |
[22:10] | You know what I say? I say that we keep looking. | 你知道我的意见吗 我觉得我们应该继续查 |
[22:13] | We go back and we talk to the golf pro again. | 回去再找职业高尔夫球手谈谈 他毕竟是目击者 |
[22:16] | He was a witness. | 不 没什么用处 |
[22:17] | No, that won’t do any good. | 不 没什么用处 |
[22:19] | Wait a second, wait a second, wait a second. | 等等 |
[22:21] | Is this just about the money? | 这只是因为钱吗 |
[22:23] | Yeah, of course, this is about the money. | 当然了 都是为了钱 |
[22:25] | Natalie, if this was a con game, | Natalie 如果这是一场骗局 |
[22:27] | if he fell on purpose, I won’t see a nickel. | 如果他故意摔倒 我一毛钱都拿不到 |
[22:30] | But it’s not like you lost any money. You’re just back where you started. | – 可你也没什么损失啊 只不过回到原点而已 |
[22:32] | Which is broke! | 那就是竹篮打水啊 我还指望拿这笔钱送孩子上大学呢 |
[22:34] | Which is trying to put my kid through college! | 我还指望拿这笔钱送孩子上大学呢 |
[22:36] | Not everyone has zillionaire parents. | 不是人人都有亿万富翁的父母 |
[22:38] | Hey, hey, hey, I’ve never taken a dime from my parents. | 嘿 嘿 我可从没伸手管他们要过一毛钱 |
[22:40] | Well, then give them my number. | 那把我的电话给他们 |
[22:47] | I hate this case. | 我讨厌这个案子 |
[22:52] | Oh, yes, I have all the affidavits. | 是的 我拿到了书面证词 |
[22:55] | I’m leaving right now. | 我马上就去 |
[22:56] | I’ll meet you downstairs. | 楼下见 |
[22:59] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[23:00] | Oh, hey, uh, what are you doing here? | 嘿 嘿 有什么事吗 |
[23:02] | Are you busy? | 你忙吗 |
[23:04] | Uh, yeah, actually. | 是的 |
[23:05] | I’m due in court like ten minutes ago. Oh. | 10分钟前就该到法庭的 |
[23:09] | I just need to talk to someone, | 我就想找人谈谈 |
[23:12] | and I just remember how good I used to feel after I talked to you, so… | 我还记得每次和你谈话后 感觉就好多了 所以… |
[23:16] | – Really? – Mm-hmm. | 真的? |
[23:17] | Yeah, okay. Walk me downstairs. | 那好吧 |
[23:19] | What’s going on? | 边走边谈吧 怎么了 |
[23:22] | Randy, Adrian thinks my uncle’s some kind of scam artist. | Randy Adrian认为我叔叔是骗子 |
[23:25] | We went to his apartment, and there were some pillows on the floor, | 我们去了他的公寓 看见地上有几个坐垫 |
[23:28] | and Adrian thinks he was practicing how to fall. | Adrian认为他在练习摔倒 |
[23:29] | Well, that makes sense. | 有道理 |
[23:31] | – It does? – Doesn’t it? | – 有吗 – 没有吗 |
[23:32] | That doesn’t mean he’s a con artist. | 可这也不能说明他就是骗子啊 |
[23:34] | – I mean, lost of pe… – Ohh! | 很多人… |
[23:36] | Lots of people practice how to fall. | 很多人都练习摔倒 |
[23:38] | Why? | 为什么 |
[23:39] | In case they fall. It’s common sense. | 以防止摔倒 这是常识 |
[23:41] | Yeah, but, Sharona, you got to admit, | 可是Sharona 你得承认 |
[23:44] | if Monk thinks your uncle’s running some kind of a scam, | 如果Monk认为你叔叔策划某种骗局 |
[23:46] | he’s probably running some kind of scam. | 很有可能他就是在策划某种骗局 |
[23:47] | Ohh! Randy, Adrian is not… He’s not infallible. | Randy Adrian也不是绝对正确 |
[23:51] | He’s been wrong before. Remember the ski instructor? | 他也犯过错 – 记得滑雪教练吗 – 记得 |
[23:53] | Adrian said he was the guy, | Adrian说凶手是他 |
[23:55] | and it ended up being his twin brother. | 可结果如何呢 是他双胞胎弟弟干的 |
[23:57] | Do you remember that one? | – 你还记得吗 |
[23:58] | Yeah. No, he was the guy, remember? There was no brother. | – 记得 不过就是他干的 |
[24:00] | He was pretending to be his own twin. | 记得吗 他根本没有弟弟 他一人分饰两角 |
[24:02] | Well, I still don’t believe it. | 我还是不相信 |
[24:03] | Well, look, you know Monk’s track record, | 你说的都是他破获的案子 |
[24:05] | why would this be the one case he screws up? | 为什么这次他会犯错呢 |
[24:07] | ‘Cause he’s not thinking straight. | 因为他没有客观思考 |
[24:09] | Natalie’s turned him against me. | Natalie让他针对我 |
[24:10] | Why would she do that? | 她为什么要这么做 |
[24:11] | ‘Cause she’s jealous. Adrian likes me better. | 因为她嫉妒 Adrian更喜欢我 |
[24:13] | – Did he say that? – No, but I can tell. | – 他说的? – 他没说 可我感觉得到 |
[24:16] | A woman can tell who likes who. | 女人就是能看出谁喜欢谁 |
[24:19] | She can? | 她能吗 |
[24:21] | Absolutely. | 当然了 |
[24:27] | Ah, Perry Walsh, 904. | Perry Walsh 904室 |
[24:30] | – Where you going? – Ninth floor. | – 你去哪儿 – 9楼 |
[24:32] | The elevator’s over here. | 电梯在这边 |
[24:34] | Mr. Monk always takes the stairs. | Monk先生一直走楼梯 |
[24:35] | Yeah, I know he always takes the stairs, | 我知道他一直都走楼梯 |
[24:37] | but I always made him take the elevator. It’s good for him. | 可我一直都让他坐电梯 这对他有好处 |
[24:39] | Thanks, I appreciate it, but I don’t want to make him uncomfortable. | 谢谢 可我不想让他感到难受 |
[24:42] | But sometimes he has to be uncomfortable, | – 走吧 Monk先生 – 有时难受是必须的 |
[24:44] | otherwise he’ll never learn. | 否则他永远也学不会 |
[24:45] | I’m not his psychiatrist, I’m his assistant. | 我不是他的心理医生 我是他的助手 |
[24:47] | Then why don’t you try assisting him, instead of pandering to him? | 那你为什么不帮助他 而是纵容他呢 |
[24:50] | How about this? It’s the ninth floor, right? | 这样吧 我们要去9楼 |
[24:52] | Let’s take the elevator up to four, | 先坐电梯上4楼 |
[24:53] | and then walk up five flights. | 再爬5层楼 |
[24:55] | Yeah, that sounds fair. | 很公平 |
[24:56] | Or we take the elevator up to level five | 还是先坐电梯上5楼 |
[24:58] | and walk up four flights. | 再爬4层楼 |
[24:59] | Can’t argue with that. | 也不错啊 |
[25:00] | – You treat him like a child. – He’s not a child. | – 你把他当成孩子 – 他不是孩子 |
[25:02] | I did not say he was a child. | 我没说他是孩子 |
[25:04] | I said you’re treating him like a child. | 我是说你把他当成孩子 |
[25:05] | I’m being supportive. | – 我是支持他 |
[25:06] | You’re not being supportive. You’re enabling him. | – 你不是支持他 你是迁就他 |
[25:08] | Here’s what we’re gonna do. We’re gonna get on the elevator | 好了 我们这样吧 |
[25:10] | and take it up to 18 and walk down 9 flights. | 先坐电梯上18楼 再向下走9层楼 |
[25:14] | That way everybody’s miserable. | 这总该皆大欢喜了吧 |
[25:29] | Mrs. Walsh, sorry to bother you. | Walsh夫人 |
[25:32] | Is this a bad time? | 抱歉打扰你 我们现在来合适吗 |
[25:33] | No, it’s fine. I was just working out. | 没事 我刚刚在健身 |
[25:35] | We’re here to see your husband. | 我们想找你丈夫 |
[25:38] | Come on in. He’s in the kitchen. | 请进 他在厨房 |
[25:39] | – I’ll go get him. – Thanks. | – 我去叫他 – 谢谢 |
[25:41] | Are you okay? | – 你没事吧 |
[25:42] | Uh, it was a long walk. | – 走得够呛啊 |
[25:44] | Is the elevator broken? | 电梯坏了? – 没有 – 没有 |
[25:50] | I still don’t know what we’re doing here. | 我们来这儿究竟做什么啊 |
[25:52] | We already talked to this guy. | 已经和他谈过了 |
[25:54] | We should talk to him again. | 我们应该和他再谈谈 |
[25:56] | He was there. He witnessed the accident. | 他当时在现场 亲眼所见意外 |
[25:58] | – It wasn’t an accident. – It was an accident. | – 那不是意外 – 那就是意外 |
[25:59] | – Here we go. – Mr. Monk? | – 又来了 – Monk先生? |
[26:01] | Ah, you remember Sharona and Natalie. | 你还记得Sharona和Natalie吧 |
[26:04] | I mean, Natalie and Sharona. | Natalie和Sharona |
[26:06] | Hi. | – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[26:07] | Hi. Nice surprise. | – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[26:11] | Can I get you something to drink? | 想喝点什么吗 |
[26:12] | Uh, no, thank you. We’re fine. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[26:15] | We have a few more questions about the incident. | 关于那场事故 我们还有几个问题 |
[26:18] | We think that Mr. Fleming | 我们认为Fleming先生… |
[26:21] | might have fallen on purpose. | 可能是故意摔倒的 |
[26:23] | Really? | – 真的? – 只是假设 |
[26:25] | It’s just a theory. | – 真的? – 只是假设 |
[26:26] | On that morning, | 那天早上 |
[26:28] | did you actually see Mr. Fleming play any golf? | 你是否亲眼所见 Fleming先生在打球 |
[26:32] | Well, now that you mention it, | 你这么一问 |
[26:35] | no, I don’t believe I did. | 没有 我没有看见 |
[26:36] | Yeah, but he fell, right? | 可他摔倒了 对吗 |
[26:38] | I mean, he really fell. | 他确实摔倒了 |
[26:40] | He… he didn’t pretend. | 不是假装的 |
[26:41] | Well, I was 50 yards away. | 我离他大约50码 |
[26:43] | It looked real to me. | 看起来是真的 |
[26:45] | I don’t know if he’s that good of an actor. | 我不知道他演技如何 |
[26:53] | On second thought, I’d love some water. | 我还是想喝点水 |
[26:55] | Sure. | 好的 |
[26:56] | I’ll be right back. | 马上回来 |
[27:00] | – Doesn’t mean anything. – Don’t say that. | – 这说明不了什么 – 别这么说 |
[27:02] | Be cool! Just… | – 淡定 – 说明不了什么 |
[27:05] | Just be cool. | 要淡定 |
[27:07] | – I’m cool. – No, you’re not. | – 我很淡定 – 你才没有呢 |
[27:09] | Look at this. | 看这个 |
[27:16] | His wife is reading these books: | 他妻子在看这些书 |
[27:18] | The passions of Erica, it’s a series. | 激情Erica 这是一套的 |
[27:20] | See? Volume 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. | 看 1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9 10 |
[27:24] | Where is volume four? | 第四本呢 |
[27:25] | I’ll tell you where it is. It’s in your uncle’s apartment. | 我来告诉你书在哪儿 就在你叔叔的公寓里 |
[27:28] | I saw it lying open by the couch. | 我看见书打开了放在沙发旁边 |
[27:31] | She left it there. | 是她留在那儿的 |
[27:34] | They’re having an affair. | 他们有私情 |
[27:36] | – What? – Uncle Howie? | – 什么 为什么 – Howie叔叔? |
[27:38] | Do you think that he knows? | 等等 你说他知道吗 |
[27:39] | He not only knows. | 他不仅知道 |
[27:40] | He did something about it. | 还动了手脚 |
[27:43] | He killed your uncle. | 他杀了你叔叔 |
[27:45] | Oh! Come on! | – 哦 不会吧 – 什么 |
[27:46] | Think about it. | 好好想想 |
[27:47] | Howard was sleeping with Carolyn Walsh. | Howard和Carolyn Walsh有私情 |
[27:49] | What are the odds of her husband witnessing his fatal accident? | 她丈夫偏偏看见他发生致命意外 哪有这么巧的事 |
[27:53] | It’s off the charts. It’s virtually impossible. | 几乎不可能 |
[27:55] | But they weren’t alone. The caddy was there. | 可球童也在场啊 |
[27:57] | Yeah, the caddy saw the whole thing. | 是啊 球童也目睹了一切 |
[27:59] | That’s the beauty of it. It was a perfect plan. | 这才是完美计划的高明之处 |
[28:02] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[28:04] | I’ll tell you later. | 一会儿再告诉你 |
[28:05] | No, no, no, no, no. You have to tell me now. | 一会儿再告诉你 不 不 不 你现在就说 |
[28:08] | Say “Here’s what happened.” | 快说 “事情是这样的” |
[28:10] | Well, he’s right there. | 他就在那边啊 |
[28:11] | Just tell me. | 快说 |
[28:16] | Say “Here’s what happened.” | 说 “事情是这样的” |
[28:17] | Here’s what happened. | 事情是这样的 |
[28:19] | Walsh knew his wife was cheating. | Walsh知道妻子背叛了自己 |
[28:21] | He found a letter or overheard a phone call. | 他发现了信件 或无意中听到了电话 |
[28:24] | Somehow, he knew, but he didn’t say anything. | 他得知了此事 却不动声色 |
[28:26] | He kept it a secret. | 闭口不谈 |
[28:28] | He began planning his revenge. | 他开始计划复仇 |
[28:31] | We’ve got orange juice if you’d like. | 我们有橘汁 |
[28:32] | – Juice is good. – Fresh squeezed would be good. | – 橘汁很好 – 新榨的很不错 |
[28:34] | – Keep going. – No! He’s right there! | – 继续 – 不 他就在那边 |
[28:37] | Okay, get over here. | 好吧 过来 |
[28:40] | Here, get in here. Just… Get in! | 进去 |
[28:42] | – | – I’m not getting in there! – Get in! |
[28:45] | Okay! | 我不进去 |
[28:46] | Ow! | – 进去 |
[28:47] | Okay, keep going. | – 继续 – 我们在壁橱里 在壁橱里我没法说 |
[28:49] | We’re in a closet! I can’t do this in a closet. | – 继续 – 我们在壁橱里 在壁橱里我没法说 |
[28:51] | Yes, you can! Just tell me what happened. | 你能的 快告诉我到底是怎么回事 |
[28:52] | Quickly. Come on. | 快啊 Walsh跑过去 杀了他 |
[29:02] | And Walsh came running up and killed him… the end. | – 完了 能出去了吗 |
[29:04] | – Can we go now? – Wait… no! | – 等等 – |
[29:06] | – I don’t understand. – Neither do I. | 我没听懂 – 我也是 |
[29:08] | Just do it again. Just slow down. | 再说一点 慢点说 |
[29:10] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[29:13] | It was Walsh’s idea. He came to your uncle. | 主意是Walsh出的 他去找你叔叔 |
[29:15] | He said he had a plan to rip off the country club. | 说自己有个计划 可以狠狠敲乡间俱乐部一笔 |
[29:18] | Howard would pretend to fall down the stairs. | Howard假装从石阶上摔倒 |
[29:20] | Walsh would be the unimpeachable witness. | Walsh充当完美的目击者 |
[29:23] | They’d sue the club and make a fortune. | 这样就能控告俱乐部 大发一笔 |
[29:25] | Walsh must have known Howard was broke. | Walsh肯定知道Howard破产了 |
[29:28] | He knew he’d take the bait. | 他肯定会上钩的 |
[29:32] | Okay. Where was I? | 好的 说到哪儿了 |
[29:35] | He took the bait. | 他上钩了 |
[29:38] | That morning, your uncle was on the green. | 那天早上 你叔叔来到果岭 |
[29:40] | He was in position. | 站在了指定位置上 |
[29:43] | Meanwhile, Walsh made sure he and the caddy | 同时Walsh设法让他和球童 |
[29:45] | were close enough to see everything. | 能清楚地看见一切 |
[29:48] | Your uncle thought it was just another scam, | 你叔叔只当是一场骗局 |
[29:50] | but Walsh had other ideas. | 可Walsh另有打算 |
[29:52] | Can we at least open the door just a crack? | 能把门打开吗 露一条缝也行啊 |
[29:54] | Keep going. | 继续说 |
[29:55] | The caddy ran off to get help. | 球童跑去找人帮忙 |
[29:57] | That left Walsh alone with your uncle. | 只剩下Walsh和你叔叔两人 |
[30:02] | It was a perfect plan, two witnesses. | 计划无懈可击 两个目击者 |
[30:04] | Walsh himself and his caddy | Walsh自己和球童看见你叔叔从石阶上摔倒 |
[30:05] | had seen your uncle fall down those stairs. | |
[30:09] | Nobody would ever suspect it was murder… the end. | 没人会怀疑是谋杀 说完了 |
[30:11] | Can we open the door now? | 能开门了吗 |
[30:12] | Hey. We were just taking a little tour. | 嘿 我们只是随便转转 |
[30:14] | Is this oak? | 这是橡木的吗 |
[30:17] | Mr. Monk, he knows. That we know. | Monk先生 他知道我们知道了 |
[30:21] | I think we’re done here. | 看来我们没什么可说的了 |
[30:32] | Are you… okay? | 你…没事吧 |
[30:34] | I’m waiting for the screaming to stop. | 我在等尖叫声停下来 |
[30:36] | – There’s no screaming. – The screaming inside my head. | – 没有尖叫啊 – 我脑子里在尖叫 |
[30:40] | You were in a closet in his house. | 你躲在他家的壁橱里 |
[30:42] | He was standing right there. | 他就站在外面 |
[30:44] | He obviously heard everything. | 显然听得清清楚楚 |
[30:46] | Why didn’t you just leave the apartment? | 就不能等到出门再说吗 |
[30:48] | I tried! I told them to be cool. | 我试过了 我让她们要淡定 |
[30:50] | I actually said, “Be cool.” | 我真是这么说的 “淡定” |
[30:52] | Just step outside the house. Talk in the elevator! | 出门 在电梯里说 就这么简单 |
[30:54] | – He doesn’t take the elevator. – Ha. | 他不坐电梯 |
[30:56] | Well, we don’t have a case because you tipped him off. | 就因为你们向他走漏风声 这个案子没了 |
[30:59] | I just got off the phone with him. | 我刚刚和他通过电话 |
[31:01] | It’s a brick wall. They’re all lawyered up. | 他口风很紧 请好了律师 |
[31:03] | – What about his wife? – She’s not talking either. | – 那他妻子呢 – 她也什么都不说 |
[31:06] | That’s ’cause he probably threatened her. | 可能是他威胁她 |
[31:08] | If this is a homicide, and I believe you’re right, | 如果这是谋杀 我相信你说得对 |
[31:10] | because you always are, we’re up against it. | 因为你一直判断准确 我们够呛了 |
[31:13] | We’ve got nothing! We have no physical evidence! | 我们什么也没有 没有物证 |
[31:17] | Why you looking at me? It wasn’t my fault. | 干嘛看我 又不是我的错 |
[31:22] | – What does that mean? – Nothing. | – 什么意思 – 没什么意思 |
[31:24] | What, are you blaming me now? | 你是怪我吗 |
[31:25] | Whoa, wait a minute. | 等等 |
[31:27] | It’s not her fault. I mean, her uncle died. | 不是她的错 |
[31:28] | She’s got the right to ask a couple questions. | 她叔叔死了 问几个问题的权利还是有的嘛 |
[31:30] | Randy, you weren’t there. | – Randy 当时你不在场 – 你也不在场 |
[31:31] | – Neither were you. – No, I wasn’t there! | 是的 我不在场 |
[31:43] | – Monk Monk! Monk, what do you think? | |
[31:48] | Monk! | 你怎么看 – 别吵了 |
[31:55] | Taxi! | 出租车 |
[31:58] | – You on duty? – Yeah. | – 走吗 – 走 |
[32:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:02] | Where we going? | 你去哪儿 |
[32:04] | Well I have $52. | 我有52块 |
[32:05] | How far will that take me? | 能走多远 |
[32:07] | I don’t know. Let’s find out. | 不知道 走着看吧 |
[32:15] | Okay. | 好的 |
[32:17] | Okay, if we hear anything, we’ll let you know. | 好的 有消息的话 我们会告诉你的 |
[32:21] | – Is that the captain? – Randy. | 上尉的电话? |
[32:23] | What did he say? | – 他说什么 |
[32:25] | No news. | 没有消息 |
[32:27] | Well, he can’t go too far. | 他不会走太远 |
[32:29] | He can’t sleep without his Trudy pillow. | 没有Trudy枕头他睡不着觉 |
[32:31] | Or that special red toothbrush. | – 还有特别的红色牙刷 |
[32:33] | Or his little flossing kit. | – 还有牙线小套盒 |
[32:35] | Or the sound machine | 还有能发出雾号声音的机器 |
[32:37] | with that fog horn noises. | |
[32:39] | Actually, that one broke. | 那台坏了 |
[32:40] | And they discontinued the model. | 那个型号的停产了 |
[32:43] | Really? What did you do? | 真的吗 那你怎么做的 |
[32:45] | I went out and bought an actual fog horn | 我买了个真的雾号 |
[32:47] | and made my own tape. I’m not kidding. | 自己录了盘带子 |
[32:53] | I have an actual fog horn sitting in my garage. | 我车库里真有个雾号 |
[32:56] | I do not know how you put up with him. | 不知道你是怎么忍受他的 |
[32:58] | I don’t know how I put up with him. | 我也不知道自己是怎么忍受他的 |
[33:02] | Actually, I do. | 我却真的做到了 |
[33:04] | I loved him. | 我爱他 |
[33:06] | I swear, this was the best job I ever had. | 我发誓 这是我做过的最好的一份工作 |
[33:09] | Every day was an adventure. | 每天都是一场冒险 |
[33:13] | Funny thing is… adventures are never fun | 有趣的是… |
[33:16] | when you’re having ’em, you know? | 当你置身冒险中 其实一点也不有趣 |
[33:20] | Sharona, I’m sorry. | Sharona 对不起 |
[33:23] | Oh, no. No, no, no. | 哦 不 不 |
[33:25] | I’m the one who should be sorry. I was totally out of line. | 该说对不起的人是我 我确实过分了 |
[33:28] | You’re doing a really good job with him. | 你真的做得很好 |
[33:31] | Natalie, you’re really patient with him. | Natalie 你对他耐心十足 |
[33:33] | It’s more than I ever was. | 比我强多了 |
[33:35] | – No, I’m not. – Yeah, you are. | 不 你是的 |
[33:37] | You’re a saint. | 你是个圣人 |
[33:39] | Sharona, the reason why I can be nice to Mr. Monk | Sharona 我能对Monk先生这么好 |
[33:42] | and I can be patient with him | 我能对他耐心十足 |
[33:44] | is because you did the hard part. | 都是因为你做了最难的部分 |
[33:46] | You were here right after Trudy | Trudy去世后你就陪着他 |
[33:48] | when he couldn’t even get out of bed. I don’t know. | 那时他连床都下不了 |
[33:52] | I think I might’ve been too tough on him. | 我不知道 当初我对他太严厉了 |
[33:54] | You needed to be tough. | 你必须对他严厉 |
[33:55] | He was in a bad place. | 那时的他处境太糟了 |
[33:59] | You got him here. | 有你 才有今天的他 |
[34:03] | You got him to me. | 是你把他带给了我 |
[34:25] | Mr. Monk. | Monk先生 |
[34:29] | You found me. | 你们找到我了 |
[34:30] | Have you been here all day? | 你一天都在这儿吗 |
[34:33] | I’ve been here for 12 years. | 12年来我都在这儿 |
[34:35] | Mr. Monk, you can come home now. | Monk先生 |
[34:36] | We’re fine. | 回家吧 我们没事了 |
[34:39] | Hey, I know you saw us fighting, | 嘿 |
[34:40] | I know you got scared, | 我知道你看见我们争吵 我知道你很害怕 |
[34:42] | and we’re really sorry about it. | 我们真的很抱歉 |
[34:44] | Yeah, but we talked about it, | 是的 |
[34:46] | and we decided we really have to nail this guy Walsh. | 我们谈过了 我们觉得一定要抓住Walsh |
[34:48] | Absolutely. I don’t care about the lawsuit. | 肯定的 官司的事我不在乎 |
[34:50] | I don’t care about that money. You were right. | 钱我也不在乎了 你说得对 |
[34:52] | Howie Fleming was my uncle. | Howie Fleming是我叔叔 |
[34:54] | He wasn’t perfect, but he was family, | 他不是完人 可他是我的家人 |
[34:56] | and we can’t let Walsh get away with it. | 决不能让Walsh逍遥法外 |
[34:57] | So we want to go back to the country club. | 所以我们想再去乡间俱乐部 |
[34:59] | Mm-hmm, I mean, maybe we overlooked a clue or something. | 或许我们之前忽略了线索 |
[35:01] | What kind of clue? | 什么线索 |
[35:03] | We don’t know. That’s where you come in. | 我们怎么知道 所以你要去看看 |
[35:04] | – Come on. | – Come on. – 走吧 – 走吧 |
[35:06] | Let’s go home. We’ll make you dinner. | 回家 我们给你做晚饭 |
[35:10] | Is Tuesday still chicken pot pie? | 周二还是吃鸡肉派吗 |
[35:12] | Why, what have you heard? | 怎么了 你听说了什么 |
[35:14] | Of course it is. I don’t even know why I asked. | 当然是了 我真是多嘴一问啊 |
[35:24] | Even a cancelled card can come in handy sometimes. | 就算废卡有时也有用武之地 |
[35:27] | Where do we start? | – 从哪儿开始 |
[35:28] | I’ll tell you where we start. Right here. | – 我告诉你们从哪儿开始 这儿 |
[35:35] | – This one’s locked. – Wait, hold on. | – 上锁了 – 等等 |
[35:42] | – Where’d you learn that? – Self-taught. | – 你从哪儿学的 |
[35:50] | Fujikawa. | – 自学成才 |
[35:53] | The battery was dead. Piece of crap phone. | 该死的手机没电了 |
[35:55] | Thanks for nothing, Fujikawa Cellular. | Fujikawa的烂电池 |
[35:58] | It’s from the caddy’s cell phone. | 是球童手机里的 |
[36:00] | Walsh must’ve switched batteries. | Walsh肯定偷换了电池 |
[36:05] | That morning, Walsh put a new battery in the caddy’s phone. | 那天早上 Walsh在球童的手机里 换了块新电池 |
[36:08] | One that wasn’t charged yet. | 一块没充电的电池 |
[36:11] | He had to be sure the caddy couldn’t call for help. | 他必须肯定球童无法打电话求助 |
[36:14] | Is that it? Is that proof? | 这是证据吗 |
[36:16] | No. | 不 |
[36:18] | He could explain this. | 他能找理由 |
[36:20] | – But maybe… – What? | – 可是或许… – 什么 |
[36:22] | The caddy’s cell phone. | 如果新电池还是球童的手机里 |
[36:24] | If the new battery is still inside it, | |
[36:26] | it would have Walsh’s fingerprints all over it. | 上面肯定全是Walsh的指纹 |
[36:29] | He’d have a hard time explaining that. | 这样他就不好解释了 |
[36:30] | My God, we have to find that caddy. | 天啊 必须找到球童 |
[36:32] | Hey, Mr. Walsh, how you doing? | 嘿 Walsh先生 你好啊 |
[36:34] | – Oh, my God. – Walsh. | – 天啊 – 是Walsh |
[36:35] | Don’t let him get to the caddy. We gotta stop him! | 快拦住他 |
[36:40] | Walsh! | |
[36:57] | Move to three under. | 3号 |
[36:59] | And… nice putt! Excellent. | 很好 |
[37:02] | Let’s go to 14. | 去14吧 |
[37:10] | It’s all over Walsh. | 都结束了 Walsh |
[37:14] | Oh, God. | 哦 天啊 |
[37:21] | Mr. Monk, are you okay? | Monk先生 你还好吧 |
[37:24] | Let him go. Just let him go. | 让他走 让他走吧 |
[37:26] | – He wins. It’s over, it’s over. – We’re not letting him go! | 他赢了 结束了 我们不会放过他的 |
[37:34] | Jerry! Your cell phone! | Jerry 你的手机 |
[37:36] | I need your phone! | 给我你的手机 |
[37:37] | Faster! | 再快点 |
[38:07] | Oh! | |
[38:11] | Okay. | 好的 |
[38:12] | Okay. We got him. We did it. | 我们抓住他了 成功了 |
[38:15] | I was back there… | 我在后面 |
[38:17] | I was making sure he didn’t double back. | 我只是确定他没有折回去 |
[38:18] | What do you say? | 我们要和球童谈谈吗 |
[38:19] | Are we gonna talk to this caddy? | |
[38:21] | Come on, let’s not… dillydally. | 走啊 别磨蹭了 |
[38:24] | Let’s go. | 走啊 |
[38:28] | Let’s go! | 走啊 |
[38:32] | Sit down. Beautiful. | 向下 很漂亮 |
[38:35] | Mr. Hanks. | – Hanks先生 – 是的 |
[38:36] | – Yeah, we need your phone. – My phone? | – 我们需要你的手机 – 我的手机? |
[38:38] | Yeah, the police are gonna keep it for a while. | 是的 警方要暂留一段时间 |
[38:41] | What do you mean they’re gonna keep it for a while? | 什么意思 |
[38:42] | – It’s a long story. – Don’t worry. | – 说来话长 – 别担心 |
[38:44] | The city of San Francisco will provide you with an upgrade. | 旧金山警局会给你个更好的 |
[38:48] | Adrian. | |
[38:49] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[38:52] | He’s my uncle. | 他是我叔叔 |
[38:53] | I know I only… met him twice, | 我只见过他两次 |
[38:55] | but twice is enough. | 可两次足够了 |
[38:57] | I guess I never… Ow! | 我想我永远… |
[39:00] | – Sharona! – Are you okay? | – 没事吧 |
[39:02] | Oh, God, I think I broke my arm. | 天啊 我胳膊断了 |
[39:04] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[39:05] | I can’t believe they never fixed that step. | 他们居然还没修好 |
[39:08] | This is my lucky day. | 今天我真走运啊 |
[39:11] | Benjy’s going to college. | Benjy可以上大学了 |
[39:14] | Ow! | |
[39:15] | Oh, God. | 哦 天啊 |
[39:25] | You sure you don’t need a ride? | 不需要我送你吗 |
[39:27] | Oh, no, no, no, my friend is picking me up. | 不了 有朋友来接我 |
[39:29] | Oh, Sharona, it was great to see you. | Sharona 见到你真好 |
[39:33] | You too, boss. | 我也是 老板 |
[39:35] | You know, I have to say I’m gonna sleep a lot better now. | 这下我终于能睡个好觉了 |
[39:40] | The truth is I was really worried about you, | 以前我真的很担心你 |
[39:42] | but not anymore. | 不过现在不再担心了 |
[39:43] | You’re… You’re in really good hands. | 你有了非常棒的助手 |
[39:49] | – My ride’s here. – Okay. | – 接我的人来了 – 好的 |
[39:53] | Okay, get ready. | 准备好 |
[39:54] | Here comes the hug. | 我要拥抱你了 |
[40:27] | Listen, I’m gonna come back in a couple weeks, okay? | 听着 过几个周我会再回来 |
[40:30] | Got a lawsuit I gotta file. | 有官司要打 |
[40:32] | – I’ll be here. – I’m sure you will. | – 我会等你的 – 我知道你会的 |
[40:35] | Natalie | Natalie, if things get too crazy, |
[40:38] | I want you to call me. Promise? | 如果你快抓狂了 就打给我 |
[40:40] | I’ll put you on speed dial. Travel… safe. | – 保证? – 我会把你设为快速拨号 瞧啊 |
[40:43] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[40:44] | – Bye! – Bye. | – 再见 |
[40:47] | That ought to do it. | – 再见 你怎么样 |
[40:51] | All right, let’s go. | 好了 我们走吧 |