时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I seem to have fallen through time. | 我好像穿越了 |
[00:04] | You need not be scared of me, | 不用怕我 |
[00:06] | nor anyone else here, so long as I’m with ye. | 只要我在你身边 你不用怕这里的任何一个人 |
[00:09] | I’m leaving tomorrow, and I’m taking you with me. | 我明天就走 我要带上你 |
[00:10] | I think it would be wise to have a healer along. | 我觉得带上医生很明智 |
[00:14] | – You’re not Frank. – No, madam, I’m not. | -你不是弗兰克 -是的 女士 我不是 |
[00:16] | You know Black Jack Randall? | 你认识黑杰克兰德尔 |
[00:18] | I won’t risk you or anyone else | 我不能冒险让你或者别人 |
[00:19] | being taken prisoner by that man. | 被那个人抓住 |
[00:21] | Captain of Dragoons in the British Army | 英国陆军骑兵团队长 |
[00:24] | and your direct ancestor. | 也是你的直系祖先 |
[00:26] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[00:27] | Otherwise known as Black Jack. | 也叫”黑杰克” |
[00:29] | Flogged me twice in the space of a week. | 在一周内鞭打过我两次 |
[00:32] | The activities Dougal and his men were involved in– | 杜格尔和他的人们在忙活的事… |
[00:34] | they were political. | 是政事 |
[00:36] | Dougal was raising money for a Jacobite Army. | 杜格尔在为詹姆斯二世党军队筹钱 |
[00:39] | Pleasure to see you again. | 非常荣幸再次见到你 |
[00:41] | Once more I ask you, is everything all right? | 我再问你一次 有问题吗 |
[02:20] | Tell me, madam. | 告诉我 女士 |
[02:21] | Are you here by your own choice? | 你是自愿来这里的吗 |
[02:33] | I appreciate your concern, Lieutenant, | 谢谢你的关心 中尉 |
[02:36] | and I can assure you | 我可以向你保证 |
[02:38] | I am a guest of the Clan Mackenzie. | 我是麦肯齐家族的客人 |
[02:47] | As you wish. | 好吧 |
[02:48] | Nevertheless, I am certain my commander | 不过 我的指挥官 |
[02:50] | will wish to speak with you. | 想跟你说几句话 |
[02:51] | He’s presently in residence at the inn at Brockton. | 他现在在布罗克顿的旅馆里 |
[02:53] | Will you accompany me? | 可以跟我来吗 |
[02:55] | Well, if the lady goes, I go. | 如果这位女士去的话 我也一起去 |
[03:01] | Very well then. | 那好吧 |
[03:12] | Even though I wasn’t going by my own choice, | 虽然我不是自愿前往 |
[03:15] | I still felt a heaviness leave my breast. | 但我还是觉得松了一口气 |
[03:18] | And for the first time since I passed through the standing stones at Craigh na Dun, | 这是我通过克雷尼顿的石头穿越后 |
[03:22] | I found myself surrounded by my own people. | 第一次感觉周围都是自己人 |
[03:26] | They might be called Redcoats instead of Tommies, | 他们可能叫英格兰兵 不叫英国兵 |
[03:29] | but they were still the British Army | 但是他们仍然是我 |
[03:31] | I had been a part of for six long years. | 朝夕相处了六年的英国军队 |
[03:34] | And somehow it felt liberating to be looked upon | 被人授以同情和尊重 |
[03:37] | with sympathy and respect | 而非敌意与怀疑 |
[03:39] | instead of hostility and suspicion. | 让人有种自由的感觉 |
[03:53] | I knew only too well what Dougal was feeling. | 我很清楚杜格尔现在的感觉 |
[03:57] | A Scottish village it may be, | 虽然这里是一个苏格兰村庄 |
[04:00] | and on Mackenzie land at that, | 也是在麦肯齐家族的领地上 |
[04:02] | but for Dougal, it was now enemy territory, | 但对杜格尔而言 现在就是敌人的领地 |
[04:05] | and he was the outlander. | 而他是外来者 |
[04:39] | Dismount. | 下马 |
[04:44] | Each man see to it that his horse is grained and watered. | 大家都去给自己的马喂草料喂水 |
[04:46] | I would not entrust their care to our Scottish hosts. | 我可不相信我们的苏格兰主人会照顾好它们 |
[04:53] | If you’ll follow me. | 请跟我来 |
[05:09] | My lord, may I present Mrs. Claire Beauchamp | 大人 请允许我来介绍克莱尔·比彻姆太太 |
[05:11] | and Mr. Dougal– | 和杜格尔先生… |
[05:12] | Come in. Come in. | 请进 快请进 |
[05:15] | This is a happy surprise. | 真是惊喜啊 |
[05:17] | A most enjoyable surprise. | 天大的惊喜 |
[05:19] | It has been far too long since I last gazed | 我太久没这么凝视一朵 |
[05:22] | upon a lovely English rose. | 美丽的英格兰玫瑰了 |
[05:26] | The Lieutenant here claims | 这位中尉说 |
[05:27] | you have quite the story to tell. | 你有个很精彩的故事要讲 |
[05:29] | I’m so grateful you’re willing to listen to it. | 你愿意听真是太好了 |
[05:32] | No, nonsense. I love stories. | 胡说什么呢 我最喜欢听故事了 |
[05:34] | I’ve not heard a good one | 自从我来到这个破地方 |
[05:34] | since I first set foot upon this blasted turf. | 我就没听过什么好故事了 |
[05:37] | You must be absolutely famished. | 你一定饿坏了吧 |
[05:40] | I hope venison is to your liking. | 希望你喜欢吃鹿肉 |
[05:42] | Only the very best quality, I assure you. | 我绝对可以保证质量 |
[05:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:46] | I shot the beast myself. | 鹿是我亲自射杀的 |
[05:47] | It’s a great country for hunting, | 这里非常适合捕猎 |
[05:48] | I’ll give them that. | 我得承认这点 |
[05:49] | The cheese is surprisingly edible too, | 这里的奶酪也非常好吃 |
[05:51] | and the claret is my own, bottled in ’35. | 葡萄酒是我自己带来的 35年陈酿 |
[05:55] | Need I say more? | 其余不用多说了吧 |
[05:58] | Now, Lieutenant Foster, you’re going to introduce me | 福斯特中尉 现在为我引荐 |
[06:00] | to this noble Scottish gentleman. | 这位尊贵的苏格兰先生吧 |
[06:03] | My lord, may I present Dougal Mackenzie, | 大人 请容我为您介绍杜格尔·麦肯齐 |
[06:05] | war chief to the Clan Mackenzie and brother to its laird. | 麦肯齐家族的战酋 也是领主的弟弟 |
[06:07] | You have the honor of meeting brigadier general | 你眼前这位是陆军准将 |
[06:09] | Sir Oliver Lord Thomas, | 奥利弗·托马斯勋爵 |
[06:11] | knight of the bath and commanding officer of the northern British Army. | 御封骑士 英国北部军队指挥官 |
[06:14] | War chief, eh? | 作战首领对吧 |
[06:15] | I’ll say this for you, you look the part. | 不得不说 你看着还挺像的 |
[06:17] | A fine specimen of the local inhabitants, my Lord. | 当地居民都是这个样子 大人 |
[06:20] | How am I to address you, sir? | 我该如何称呼你 先生 |
[06:22] | Ye kin call me Mackenzie, if in it please ye, | 如果你乐意 你可以叫我麦肯齐 |
[06:24] | or if we’re being formal, ye can call me Chief Mackenzie, | 如果要正式点 你可以叫我麦肯齐首领 |
[06:27] | which in matters of war and bicker | 作战和吵架的时候一般都这么叫 |
[06:29] | leaves us ower fae each other as equals dinnae ye ken. | 这样可以显示我们两个人地位平等 |
[06:36] | I don’t know about the rest of you, | 我不知道你们其他人怎么想 |
[06:37] | but I failed to understand a single word | 但是这个怪物说的话 |
[06:39] | the creature said. | 我一个字都不懂 |
[06:40] | I believe, my Lord, he was attempting to say | 大人 我觉得他是想说 |
[06:42] | Chief Mackenzie would be acceptable. | 你称他为麦肯齐首领比较合适 |
[06:45] | There was more, but I must confess, it eluded me. | 虽然还说了别的 但我得承认 我也很困惑 |
[06:49] | Really… | 真的… |
[06:51] | Someone really ought to teach these people the king’s English. | 真该有人去教教这些人标准英语了 |
[06:55] | I believe he’s speaking English, sir. | 我相信他说的就是英语 长官 |
[06:58] | Their form of English anyway. | 只是他们那的口音罢了 |
[06:59] | Well, it’s a form that’s damn offensive to the ear. | 这种口音听上去真他妈的难受 |
[07:02] | May I remind you, Lord Thomas, | 请允许我提醒您 托马斯大人 |
[07:03] | there are parts in England, | 英格兰有些地方 |
[07:05] | Newcastle comes to mind– | 比如说纽卡斯尔 |
[07:07] | where the local accent is equally unintelligible to our ears. | 当地的口音听起来也难以理解 |
[07:12] | Yes, yes, quite right. | 是啊 是啊 说的没错 |
[07:14] | You make a fine point, madam. | 你说得很对 女士 |
[07:16] | The world would make a lot more sense | 如果每个人讲话都跟伦敦人一样 |
[07:17] | if everybody spoke like Londoners. | 世界会变得更有意义 |
[07:19] | If ye wish to hear Londoners speak, | 如果你想听伦敦腔 |
[07:21] | perhaps ye should have stayed in London. | 也许你该待在伦敦 |
[07:30] | I understood him perfectly well that time. | 我很清楚他刚说的话 |
[07:37] | I would be more than happy to oblige, sir, | 我乐意为你效劳 先生 |
[07:39] | if only you behaved like the loyal British subjects | 只要你的行为举止跟忠诚的英格兰人无差 |
[07:42] | you’re supposed to be. | 而你本该如此 |
[07:43] | That way my troops and I could return to more civilized environments. | 那样我和我的下属才能更礼貌待人 |
[07:59] | I must say though, I quite enjoy being a man in the field. | 我必须得说 我相当喜欢田园生活 |
[08:02] | If only my servants moved as quickly as my soldiers. | 只要我的仆人们跑得跟士兵们一样快 |
[08:06] | If I stay here long enough, I could become a laird. | 我要在这里待得足够久 可能会成为一个领主 |
[08:09] | Laird Thomas. | 托马斯领主 |
[08:10] | What do you think, all? | 你们觉得呢 |
[08:12] | Only then I supposed I’d have to wear one of those woolen skirts. | 到那时我猜我得穿着那种羊毛短裙了 |
[08:14] | Oh, I’m told it’s a grave insult to ask a clansman | 我听说问族人在那玩意儿下穿的是什么 |
[08:18] | what he wears underneath that thing– | 是一种极具侮辱性的行为 |
[08:20] | It’s called a kilt, sir. | 那叫苏格兰短裙 长官 |
[08:21] | I know perfectly well what it’s called, Lieutenant. | 我很清楚那叫什么 中尉 |
[08:25] | So tell me, | 告诉我 |
[08:27] | from one laird to another– | 领主们之间的对话 |
[08:29] | Are ye purposely trying to embarrass the lass, | 你是打算让这个小姑娘难堪 |
[08:31] | or are ye just an arrogant wee smout? | 还是说你只是个傲慢的小混蛋 |
[08:33] | Good christ, man. Do you know to whom you speak? | 天呐 你知道自己在跟谁讲话吗 |
[08:36] | You watch your words, sir, or I ‘ll have you. | 注意你的言辞 先生 否则我要你好看 |
[08:37] | Well, you pull that needle, | 把你的那根”针”拔出来 |
[08:38] | and we’ll see who pricks who. | 看看是谁刺到谁 |
[08:40] | Dougal, Lieutenant, enough. | 杜格尔 中尉 够了 |
[08:43] | You’re both behaving like children. | 你俩的行为就跟孩子似的 |
[08:46] | Yes, yes, quite right. Quite right. | 是啊 说得对 说得对 |
[08:48] | The lady’s sense of propriety puts us all to shame. | 这位女士的礼节意识使我们感到羞愧 |
[08:51] | The question of the kilt will remain an enigma. | 关于苏格兰短裙的问题到此为止 |
[08:56] | My word, Madam. | 说到做到 女士 |
[08:58] | If I were brave enough, I would commission you | 我要是足够勇敢 会任命你 |
[09:00] | a colonel in one of my regiments. | 在我的部队里做一名上校 |
[09:03] | You do know how to order men about. | 你很了解该如何对男人发号施令 |
[09:05] | Aye, she does that. | 是的 她的确如此 |
[09:10] | Well, it’s been a delight meeting you, | 很高兴认识你 |
[09:14] | but I am afraid the venison is losing its heat. | 但恐怕鹿肉要凉了 |
[09:17] | I would ask you to join us, but as you can see, | 我很想请你入座 但你也能看到 |
[09:20] | no room. | 没座位了 |
[09:26] | Beastly sorry. | 非常抱歉 |
[09:28] | You can keep your scraps. | 留着你的残羹冷炙自己吃吧 |
[09:30] | They’re still serving good Scottish ale in the tap room. | 酒馆里还在供应上好的苏格兰麦芽酒 |
[09:34] | I’ll be downstairs. | 我去楼下了 |
[09:44] | How are we ever going to make peace with such an ill-mannered people? | 我们怎么能跟如此无礼的种族和平相处呢 |
[10:19] | I must say, Mrs. Beauchamp, | 我必须说 比彻姆太太 |
[10:20] | you’ve had the most mesmerizing adventure. | 你的冒险经历太令人着迷了 |
[10:23] | Yes, indeed, but having been brought here | 的确如此 但被带来这里 |
[10:28] | and having met all of you charming gentlemen, | 遇到你们这些迷人的先生们 |
[10:31] | I do hope that my adventure is now over. | 我由衷希望我的旅途到此为止 |
[10:33] | Oh, yes. | 是啊 |
[10:35] | I would’ve thought you’ve had quite enough of Scotland. | 我早该想到你受够苏格兰了 |
[10:38] | In truth, I found the countryside most beautiful, | 实际上 乡村景色非常美丽 |
[10:41] | my stay not altogether unpleasant, | 待在那里并非完全是不愉快的 |
[10:44] | but my greatest wish now is to be reunited with my family. | 但我现在最大的愿望就是能跟家人团聚 |
[10:48] | Yes, yes. | 是啊 是啊 |
[10:49] | France. | 法兰西 |
[10:52] | Lieutenant Foster, I imagine there’d be no difficulty | 福斯特中尉 我想护送比彻姆太太 |
[10:54] | in escorting Mrs. Beauchamp to Inverness, | 到因弗内斯不算什么难事吧 |
[10:56] | where she may book passage | 到那里无论她想去哪儿 |
[10:57] | to wherever it pleases her to go. | 订张船票就行了 |
[10:59] | No difficulty at all, sir. | 一点也不 长官 |
[11:01] | I would be forever grateful. | 我会永远感激你们的 |
[11:03] | It’s a trifle, madam. | 举手之劳而已 夫人 |
[11:04] | You have my word on it. | 我向你保证 |
[11:07] | Well, in that case, | 既然这样 |
[11:08] | I will have a little bit more wine. | 我想再来点葡萄酒 |
[11:11] | Mm, I believe we’ll all join you. | 我相信我们都要添杯酒 |
[11:19] | Inverness, and from there only a brief journey | 因弗内斯 从那里很快就能到 |
[11:22] | would take me to the stones at Craigh na Dun | 克雷尼顿的巨石圈 |
[11:25] | and a chance to return to my own time. | 就有机会回到我自己的时代 |
[11:29] | To homeward journeys. | 敬回家之旅 |
[11:31] | May they be uneventful. | 祝平安无事 |
[11:33] | My lord, are you aware that | 大人 你意识到 |
[11:34] | – at this very moment– – Captain Randall, | -此时此刻 -兰德尔队长 |
[11:35] | are we under attack, sir? | 我们被袭击了吗 先生 |
[11:38] | We are not. | 没有 |
[11:40] | You’re putting the claret at risk. | 葡萄酒都要被你弄脏了 |
[11:41] | I suggest you step outside | 我建议你出去 |
[11:42] | and and rid yourself half a league’s worth of dust. | 把你满身的灰尘拍掉 |
[11:45] | By all means, we must protect the claret. | 无论如何 我们一定保护好葡萄酒 |
[12:02] | Am I mistaken, or do you two know each other? | 是我误会了 还是你俩互相认识 |
[12:07] | For a moment there, the lady did look familiar, | 有一瞬间 这位女士看起来很眼熟 |
[12:11] | but… | 但 |
[12:14] | I can see now I was wrong. | 现在看来是我认错了 |
[12:17] | I had the same exact experience. | 我刚才也有同样的错觉 |
[12:21] | How unusual. | 多不寻常啊 |
[12:26] | Well, then, Captain Randall, allow me to present | 兰德尔队长 请允许我向你介绍 |
[12:28] | Mistress Claire Beauchamp of Oxfordshire. | 牛津郡的克莱尔·比彻姆女士 |
[12:30] | Captain Jonathan Randall. | 乔纳森·兰德尔队长 |
[12:35] | Captain. | 队长 |
[12:37] | Charmed. | 幸会 |
[13:01] | I trust I am sufficiently presentable. | 我的仪表应该端正了 |
[13:06] | Yes, yes, someone pour a glass | 是的 谁给我们的好队长 |
[13:07] | – for the good captain. – No. | -倒杯酒 -不必了 |
[13:10] | Now, if you’ll be so good as to explain your purpose | 现在 请你解释一下为何 |
[13:12] | for barging in here? | 闯入这里 |
[13:13] | My Lord, at this very instant, | 大人 此时此刻 |
[13:16] | Dougal Mackenzie, war chief of Clan Mackenzie is downstairs | 麦肯齐家族的战酋杜格尔·麦肯齐正在楼下 |
[13:20] | quaffing ale. | 痛饮麦芽酒 |
[13:22] | That is not news, Captain. | 这不是新闻了 队长 |
[13:23] | It was he who brought Mrs. Beauchamp to us. | 是他把比彻姆太太带来的 |
[13:27] | Was it indeed? | 是吗 |
[13:33] | Do you propose to admonish me, sir? | 你打算劝诫我吗 先生 |
[13:37] | Perhaps you’re of the opinion that a general | 也许你认为一位将军 |
[13:38] | must explain himself to a captain. | 必须向队长解释动机 |
[13:41] | No, I meant no offense, sir. | 不 我无意冒犯 先生 |
[13:44] | Now you mention it, | 既然你提起来了 |
[13:46] | an English lady and a Scottish war chief, | 一位英格兰女士和一位苏格兰战酋 |
[13:51] | I can’t for the life of me piece that one together. | 我实在搞不懂他们怎么会在一起 |
[13:55] | Oh, it’s a fascinating tale, Captain. | 这是个很有趣的故事 队长 |
[13:58] | It’s full of robbery and murder. | 充满了抢劫和谋杀 |
[14:01] | It’s unfortunate you missed it. | 你错过了真不走运 |
[14:05] | I know. | 我想到了 |
[14:07] | What if Captain Randall accompanies you to Inverness? | 让兰德尔队长送你去因弗内斯如何 |
[14:10] | That way you may regale him with tales of your adventure. | 这样你就可以告诉他你的奇遇了 |
[14:12] | It’s sure to make the time fly by. | 我相信那样时间过得一定很快 |
[14:16] | Mrs. Beauchamp amongst the savages. | 比彻姆太太与野蛮人的奇遇记 |
[14:20] | Well, I doubt Mrs. Beauchamp would choose | 我觉得比彻姆太太不会选择 |
[14:22] | such a provocative title. | 这么煽动性的标题 |
[14:23] | The lady claims she was well treated | 这位女士宣称她的苏格兰朋友们 |
[14:25] | by her Scottish friends. | 对她十分友善 |
[14:29] | I wasn’t aware that the English had any Scottish friends. | 我不知道英格兰人还有苏格兰人朋友 |
[14:37] | I’m sure Private McGreavey would agree with me, | 我相信麦克格莱维士兵也会同意我 |
[14:40] | if he were able. | 如果他还活着的话 |
[14:45] | Do not mention that sad subject. | 别提起这个悲伤的话题 |
[14:49] | You’ll give Mrs. Beauchamp the vapors. | 你会让比彻姆太太不安的 |
[14:52] | I do not easily swoon. | 我不会被轻易动摇 |
[14:55] | Please, Captain, tell me. | 请告诉我 队长 |
[14:59] | Two weeks ago, Private McGreavey | 两周前 麦克格莱维士兵 |
[15:00] | made the mistake of wandering away from patrol. | 脱离了巡逻队 犯下了错误 |
[15:03] | We found him two days later sitting, legs crossed, | 我们两周后发现他盘腿坐着 |
[15:06] | tied to a tree, his arms folded in his lap. | 被绑在树旁 双臂交叉放在大腿上 |
[15:12] | That sounds more like a prank than a punishment. | 这听起来更像恶作剧 而不是惩罚 |
[15:16] | He was cradling his severed head, madam. | 他抱着自己被砍下的头颅 女士 |
[15:24] | It was a sad day for private McGreavey | 麦克格莱维士兵的命运很悲哀 |
[15:27] | when he got stationed to Scotland. | 因为他被派驻扎苏格兰 |
[15:29] | For all of us. | 我们都是 |
[15:32] | Is that all you have to say? | 你只想说这些吗 |
[15:44] | On the road here yesterday, | 昨天在来这里的路上 |
[15:46] | we came across two highlanders | 我们看到了两位高地人 |
[15:48] | hanging from crosses. | 被吊在十字架上 |
[15:52] | The men in my party ascribed the actions | 与我同行的人认为这是 |
[15:54] | to English soldiers. | 英格兰士兵的杰作 |
[15:55] | If so, then it would be the result of English justice. | 如果是的话 这也是英格兰人在伸张正义 |
[15:59] | A rough justice, it would seem. | 看起来是残暴的正义 |
[16:01] | Undoubtedly traitors to a man. | 毫无疑问他们是叛逆者 |
[16:03] | Yeah, so said the letters carved into their chests, | 是的 他们的胸上也刻了这样的字 |
[16:07] | but I doubt they were given a trial to prove it. | 但我怀疑他们并没有受到审判 |
[16:08] | Well, you can be sure that private McGreavey ‘s sentence | 你可以确定麦克格莱维士兵的极刑 |
[16:11] | was administered without benefit of trial. | 也是未经审判执行的 |
[16:14] | And so both sides have committed depredations they should both be ashamed of. | 所以两边都犯下了可耻的暴行 |
[16:18] | Dog me, that’s a woman’s view for you if ever I heard one. | 去他的 这就是典型的妇人之见 |
[16:22] | That is why I make it a point never to discuss politics with a lady. | 所以我才说永远不要和女人讨论政治 |
[16:26] | I was under the impression we were discussing morality, | 我以为我们讨论的是道德 |
[16:29] | not politics. | 不是政治 |
[16:31] | And I’m forced to question whether the lady’s morality | 我不得不怀疑 女士对道德的见解 |
[16:34] | is any clearer than her politics. | 能比对政治高明多少 |
[16:37] | What are you implying, Sir? | 你在暗示什么 先生 |
[16:40] | All this time living with savages, | 与野蛮人生活了这么久 |
[16:43] | I have to wonder if Dougal Mackenzie shared | 我不得不怀疑 杜格尔·麦肯齐 |
[16:46] | more than just bread and shelter with the lady. | 不只给这位女士提供了面包和庇护 |
[16:49] | Perhaps he has also shared his bed. | 说不定他们也有肌肤之亲 |
[16:51] | How dare you? | 太无礼了 |
[16:53] | That is a scurrilous charge. | 这是下流的指责 |
[16:54] | You cross a line, Sir. | 你越线了 先生 |
[16:56] | If I am wrong, I apologize. | 如果我错了 我道歉 |
[16:58] | But what other reason would the lady have | 但是还有什么原因能让这位女士 |
[17:00] | to choose these barbarians over her own people? | 选择野蛮人 而不是同胞 |
[17:03] | These aggressors who wantonly shed English blood? | 那些渴望屠杀英格兰人的侵略者 |
[17:07] | The Scots just want the same freedoms we enjoy. | 苏格兰人想要和我们一样的自由 |
[17:11] | Freedoms we take for granted. | 我们习以为常的自由 |
[17:13] | They are not the aggressors, Captain, we are. | 他们不是侵略者 队长 我们才是 |
[17:17] | It is their land, and we are occupying it. | 这里是他们的领土 我们占领了 |
[17:25] | I believe it’s the king’s land. | 我相信这里是国王的领土 |
[17:34] | I must say, madam, I find your sympathies | 我必须说 女士 我发现你的同情心 |
[17:35] | extraordinarily puzzling. | 十分令人困惑 |
[17:38] | Hear, hear. | 确实 |
[17:42] | I can assure you, Lord Thomas, | 我可以向你保证 托马斯大人 |
[17:44] | my loyalties lie with the king. | 我忠于国王 |
[17:46] | No doubt your time here has muddied | 毫无疑问 在这里待久了 |
[17:48] | your proper English thinking. | 你作为英格兰人的想法都变了 |
[17:49] | My lord, I think the lady | 大人 我认为女士 |
[17:50] | has lived among the savages too long. | 与野蛮人生活太久了 |
[17:57] | She must be returned to the bosom of her family | 她必须回到家人身边 |
[17:59] | as soon as possible. | 越快越好 |
[18:02] | I could leave for Inverness today, if you will allow it. | 如果你允许 我可以今天就去因弗内斯 |
[18:10] | Sir, three enlisted men have been fired upon | 先生 三名军人在城外 |
[18:13] | by persons unknown just outside of town. | 被不明人士开枪袭击了 |
[18:15] | Are these Scots rascals that bold | 这帮苏格兰流氓竟然胆敢 |
[18:17] | to attack an armed British camp? | 攻击英格兰的武装营地 |
[18:19] | My lord, I know you’ve only recently arrived, | 大人 我知道您是初来乍到 |
[18:21] | but small ambushes are an almost weekly occurrence. | 但这种小型伏击几乎每周都有 |
[18:24] | Yes, thank you, Captain. I have read the reports. | 对 多谢你 队长 我看过报告 |
[18:26] | Any casualties? | 有伤亡吗 |
[18:27] | One dead. Two wounded. | 一死二伤 |
[18:28] | One of the men, Sir, he’s in a bad way. | 其中一人 长官 状况不容乐观 |
[18:30] | He’s downstairs. We’ve sent for the surgeon, | 他在楼下 我们找过外科医生 |
[18:32] | but no one is sure of his whereabouts. | 但没人知道他去哪了 |
[18:34] | I’ll go. | 我去 |
[18:36] | I’ve told you. I have medical experience. | 我告诉过你们 我有行医经验 |
[18:44] | I was right beside him. | 我当时就在他旁边 |
[18:46] | Don’t you see it could’ve been me? | 可能受伤的人就是我 |
[18:49] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[18:50] | – Are ye all right, lassie? – I’m fine. | -你还好吧 姑娘 -我没事 |
[18:52] | When I saw that bastard Randall go upstairs– | 当我看到兰德尔那个混蛋上楼的时候 |
[18:55] | Jamie and the others weren’t responsible for this attack, were they? | 这次袭击不是杰米他们干的吧 |
[18:57] | No. | 不是 |
[18:58] | I’ll shed no tears over Redcoat blood, | 我一点都不同情这些英格兰军人 |
[19:00] | but my men would never undertake such an action | 但我的人没有我的同意 |
[19:02] | without my consent. | 不可能这么做 |
[19:03] | It’s Randall ye need to worry about. | 你该担心的人是兰德尔 |
[19:05] | The army will be looking for someone to blame. | 军队会找替罪羊来报复 |
[19:07] | Without proof, they can’t hold me. | 没有证据 他们不能扣留我 |
[19:08] | Still, I ‘d feel better if you made yourself scarce. | 但我还是希望你能离开这里 |
[19:12] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[19:13] | Stand aside, and move this bench. | 让个地方 把这个凳子挪走 |
[19:17] | All right, soldier. | 好了 士兵 |
[19:20] | When the Germans surrendered, | 当德国人投降时 |
[19:21] | I thought I ‘d participated in my last amputation, | 我以为那会是我最后一次参与截肢 |
[19:24] | but it seemed as though I was condemned to dream about yet | 但看来我注定要目睹更多的年轻人 |
[19:27] | more young men maimed for life on the battlefield. | 因战争而致残 |
[19:30] | This arm’s going to have to come off. | 得截断这个胳膊 |
[19:32] | You can have the loan of my short sword if it helps. | 如果能帮上忙 我可以把短剑借给你 |
[19:33] | Sharpened it myself yesterday. | 我昨天刚磨过 |
[19:35] | It’ll have to do, | 肯定用得上 |
[19:36] | and I ‘m going to need to use something as a tourniquet. | 还有我需要止血带一类的东西 |
[19:39] | You can tie his arm with this. | 你可以用这个绑住他的胳膊 |
[19:40] | It’s my wife’s. | 我老婆给我的 |
[19:41] | Gave it to me for good luck, she did. | 用来保我平安 确实显灵了 |
[19:43] | All right. | 好吧 |
[19:45] | Someone get me some boiling water and some clean cloth. | 给我弄点热水和干净的布 |
[19:47] | – I’m the surgeon here. – Hurry! | -我是这的外科医生 -快点 |
[19:49] | Do you have medical experience? | 你有行医经验吗 |
[19:50] | Enough to know that you can’t save this arm. | 足够看得出你保不住他的这只胳膊了 |
[19:53] | You’re not going to faint when I begin to saw? | 我开始锯之后 你不会晕倒吧 |
[19:55] | I’ve stayed awake through worse. | 更坏的情况我都经历过 |
[19:57] | Grab his knees. | 按住他的膝盖 |
[19:58] | You, take this shoulder. | 你 按住他的肩膀 |
[19:59] | Opium. Down his throat, if you can. | 这是麻醉剂 尽可能都灌进喉咙里 |
[20:06] | Bite, Private. | 咬住 士兵 |
[20:07] | Bite until your teeth crack. | 使出把牙咬碎的劲才行 |
[20:11] | Steady now. | 稳住了 |
[20:41] | Nurse Beauchamp. | 比彻姆护士 |
[20:44] | Are you back from saving lives? | 救死扶伤结束了吗 |
[20:48] | Where’s Lord Thomas? | 托马斯大人呢 |
[20:49] | He’s off hunting rebels, | 他去追击叛军了 |
[20:52] | not that he’ll find any. | 不过他能找到就怪了 |
[20:55] | Having seen him on a horse, | 我见过他骑马 |
[20:56] | he’ll be lucky to stay in the saddle. | 没摔下马就算他走运了 |
[20:57] | Please try not to speak, Captain. | 请别说话 队长 |
[21:00] | My barbering skills aren’t up to shaving a moving target. | 我的手艺还未精湛到能在您说话时剃须 |
[21:05] | I haven’t been pampered like this since I was called up. | 在我入伍后就再没这样享受过了 |
[21:08] | I should hope not. | 我正希望如此 |
[21:10] | I’m the only one allowed to pamper you, | 这种享受只有我能给你 |
[21:12] | and don’t you forget it. | 你要牢记这一点 |
[21:14] | You’ll get no argument from me. | 我对此没有异议 |
[21:16] | I don’t want you holding a blade to my throat. | 我可不想让你拿刀对着我的喉咙 |
[21:21] | A 200-year-old razor has certainly kept its edge. | 一把有两百年历史的剃刀仍然锋利依旧 |
[21:24] | Well, it’s not just the blade. | 可不止是刀锋 |
[21:27] | It’s the beautiful hand that wields it. | 多亏了那只挥动它的芊芊玉手 |
[21:31] | Come here. | 过来 |
[21:37] | Are you sure you wouldn’t rather bring this with you? | 你确定不带走它吗 |
[21:38] | What, and risk losing it? God, no. | 冒着丢掉它的危险吗 当然不带 |
[21:40] | No, it’s been in my family for far too long. | 它是我家族的传家之宝 |
[21:43] | No, I shall just have to suffer through a few more rough shaves | 在再见你之前 看来我得忍受些 |
[21:47] | till I see you again. | 更粗钝的剃刀了 |
[21:50] | Can you keep it safe for me? | 你能替我保管它吗 |
[21:54] | And who is going to keep me safe? | 那谁来保护我呢 |
[21:59] | Well, that is my job. | 那是我的工作 |
[22:11] | I-I’m sorry, Captain. | 抱歉 队长 |
[22:15] | On my life, it was an accident. | 我用生命担保 这只是个意外 |
[22:17] | On your life? | 用生命担保 |
[22:24] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[22:26] | A soldier needs a steady hand, hmm? | 士兵的手要稳 |
[22:29] | Otherwise he will never hit the target he aims at. | 否则永远打不中瞄准的目标 |
[22:34] | You control your nerves. | 你要控制自己的心情 |
[22:37] | Your nerves do not control you. | 而不是让心情左右你 |
[22:43] | My, my, | 看看 |
[22:45] | aren’t we the beardless boy? | 现在谁嘴上无毛啦 |
[22:53] | Take my things back to my lodgings, | 把东西拿回我的住处 |
[22:56] | and come back and see to it that we are not disturbed. | 然后回来这里 保证没人打扰我们 |
[22:58] | Yes, Captain. | 是 队长 |
[23:10] | I wish to see Lieutenant Foster. | 我要见福斯特中尉 |
[23:13] | I’m afraid Foster is gone with Lord Thomas and the others. | 福斯特还有其他人都跟托马斯大人走了 |
[23:17] | Then I suppose someone else will have to take me to Inverness? | 那是不是安排了其他人带我去因弗内斯 |
[23:22] | When the time comes. | 如果时机成熟的话 |
[23:24] | Lord Thomas said I would be leaving today. | 托马斯大人说过我可以今天出发 |
[23:28] | And I wouldn’t touch the General’s claret. | 要是我就不会碰将军的波尔多红葡萄酒 |
[23:31] | Perhaps you haven’t noticed, | 也许你还未看出来 |
[23:33] | but Lord Thomas is an utter arse. | 但托马斯大人就是个虚伪小人 |
[23:37] | He agreed to your leaving | 你还没说出 |
[23:39] | before he heard you make some of your more troubling statements. | 那些令人不安的言论时 他答应送你离开 |
[23:44] | Statements that– | 那些言论 |
[23:46] | well, even Lord Thomas is bright enough to realize | 即使蠢笨如托马斯大人也意识到了 |
[23:48] | puts your loyalty in a very questionable light. | 你究竟对谁忠诚还值得商榷 |
[24:07] | Madam… | 女士 |
[24:10] | ever since our first encounter, | 我们第一次见面后 |
[24:11] | I have been in a state of extreme discomfort. | 我就非常悔恨 |
[24:16] | I am not sure what you mean, Sir, | 我不知道你到底什么意思 先生 |
[24:18] | nor am I sure I want to. | 不过我也不想知道 |
[24:20] | Allow me to put your fears to rest. | 你不必担心 |
[24:24] | I wish to apologize. | 我只是想道个歉 |
[24:27] | That awful day in the woods… | 在树林里可怕的那天 |
[24:31] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[24:35] | The mere memory of it leaves me shamed. | 一想起那天的事情 我就羞愧不已 |
[24:40] | Your apology pleases me more than you know. | 你的道歉让我心安多了 |
[24:43] | I’d hate to think a king’s officer | 我也不愿相信一位国王的军官 |
[24:45] | would behave in such an ungentlemanly manner. | 居然能做出这等不雅举动 |
[24:48] | I am not a casual person with women. | 我也不是一个在男女关系上随便的人 |
[24:51] | I look forward to the opportunity | 我希望能够有机会 |
[24:52] | to reveal my true nature to you, | 向你展示一个真实的自我 |
[24:56] | and I can only hope that honesty will be met with honesty. | 我也希望 我们都能坦诚相待 |
[25:01] | My honesty will match yours, Captain. | 我一定跟你一样以诚相对 队长 |
[25:06] | Please. | 请坐吧 |
[25:24] | Let us begin with you telling me who you are | 不如就从你究竟是何人 |
[25:28] | and why you’re here in Scotland. | 为何来到苏格兰来说起吧 |
[25:36] | I originally come from Oxfordshire. | 我的故乡在牛津郡 |
[25:38] | – I– – No. | -我 -打住 |
[25:40] | We pledged honesty, Madam. | 不是说好要说实话的吗 女士 |
[25:42] | There are no Beauchamp’s in Oxfordshire that I know of. | 据我所知 牛津郡没有叫比彻姆的 |
[25:45] | Well, I would hardly consider you an expert, | 这你可说不准 |
[25:47] | your family hailing from Sussex. | 你是苏塞克斯郡人 |
[25:51] | May I ask just how you know that? | 你是怎么知道的 |
[25:56] | Your accent. | 口音 |
[25:58] | It’s clearly Sussex. | 很明显的苏塞克斯口音 |
[26:00] | Neither my tutors nor my parents would be much obliged to hear | 要是我的老师和父母听到有人觉得 |
[26:04] | that my speech so clearly | 我的乡音竟如此浓重 |
[26:05] | reflects my birthplace, Madam, | 会不高兴的呢 女士 |
[26:07] | They having gone to considerable trouble and expense | 他们可以花了大力气 大价钱 |
[26:10] | to remedy it. | 才给我纠正过来的 |
[26:14] | Parlez-vous Francais? | 你会说法语吗 |
[26:18] | Oui, tres bien. | 会 说得还不错 |
[26:31] | You don’t have the look of a woman who would rouge her nipples. | 你看着也不像是那种风月场所的女子 |
[26:38] | Well, for that, at least, I suppose I should thank you. | 你能这么说 还真是谢谢了 |
[26:45] | What was your maiden name, Mrs. Beauchamp? | 你娘家姓什么 比彻姆太太 |
[26:51] | Captain, I admit I made some ill-advised comments | 队长 我是为了维护在此遇见的苏格兰人 |
[26:55] | in support of my Scottish acquaintances, | 说出了一些不恰当的言论 |
[26:57] | My imprudence should not be mistaken for treason, | 但这样的口不择言不应被视为叛国 |
[27:00] | nor should it prevent me from continuing on my journey. | 也不应阻碍我继续赶路 |
[27:03] | I have been delayed far too long already. | 我已经被耽搁太久了 |
[27:06] | Madam, you do not help your case | 女士 你这种目中无人的态度 |
[27:08] | by adopting this dismissive attitude. | 对你的案子可没什么帮助 |
[27:11] | I have no case to help. | 根本没有什么案子 |
[27:14] | Now, I make no claims on you, the garrison, | 我从没有对你 你们的驻军 |
[27:16] | or on the Mackenzies for that matter. | 或麦肯齐家族提出索赔 |
[27:18] | My only desire is to resume my journey in peace, | 我只希望能够好好地继续我的行程 |
[27:21] | and I see no reason why you should object to it. | 我不明白 你为什么要阻拦 |
[27:23] | Don’t you? | 是吗 |
[27:26] | Well, allow me to enlighten you, | 那好吧 让我来提点一下你 |
[27:29] | and perhaps my objections will become clearer. | 然后你就会明白 我为什么要阻拦了 |
[27:33] | I found you wandering the countryside | 我那天发现你在边境徘徊 |
[27:35] | dressed in nothing but your undergarments. | 衣不蔽体 只穿着内衣 |
[27:38] | When I try to question you, I am struck down | 当我想要质问你的时候 |
[27:41] | and rendered unconscious by a villain I later discover | 却突然被一个恶徒击晕 后来我发现 |
[27:44] | is a member of a band of Scottish rebels, | 这个暴徒是一支苏格兰反叛军的成员 |
[27:48] | a band led by your companion here today, | 而这支反叛军的领袖正是今天陪你前来的人 |
[27:53] | Dougal Mackenzie. | 杜格尔·麦肯齐 |
[27:56] | These facts paint you either as an empty-headed trollop, | 这些事联系在一起 你要么是个头脑空空的妓女 |
[28:00] | or as an agent in league with the king’s enemies. | 要么就与国王的敌人狼狈为奸的间谍 |
[28:07] | Are those my only two choices? | 只有这两个选择吗 |
[28:10] | If there is another, Madam, | 如果你有别的解释 女士 |
[28:11] | I advise you not to keep it to yourself. | 最好还是现在说出来 |
[28:20] | Captain, you… | 队长 你这是… |
[28:23] | force me to reveal things that no woman should say out loud. | 你这是逼我说出一个女人最羞于启齿的事 |
[28:31] | It was an affair of the heart. | 我爱上了一个人 |
[28:35] | I met him in England. | 我在英格兰遇见了他 |
[28:37] | An officer of infantry. | 他是一名步兵军官 |
[28:41] | He swore to me that I held his affections like no other. | 他向我发誓 我是他的挚爱 |
[28:48] | So when he was stationed in Scotland, I… | 所以当他驻军到苏格兰后 |
[28:52] | I followed him. | 我便跟随他来了 |
[28:59] | Please. Carry on. | 请继续 |
[29:03] | It was then I… | 后来 我… |
[29:06] | discovered he was a most licentious man, | 我发现他是这世上最浪荡的男子 |
[29:11] | a rake and whoremonger. | 轻薄 还爱招妓 |
[29:15] | It was not love he felt for me. It was lust. | 他根本不爱我 只是被欲望所驱使 |
[29:27] | When I refused him, he attacked me. | 我拒绝他后 他便袭击了我 |
[29:31] | I fled, dressed only in my shift. | 我仓皇逃跑 只穿着衬衣 |
[29:44] | I can only hope you prove yourself the gentleman you claim to be | 我只希望你真如自己所说一般 是位绅士 |
[29:51] | and not pry any further. | 不要再逼迫我了 |
[30:53] | What is the man’s name? | 那男人叫什么名字 |
[31:00] | With all due respect, Captain, | 队长 对不起 |
[31:04] | I do not wish to lower myself to this gentleman’s level. | 我不愿自己和他一样卑劣 |
[31:10] | By revealing his name as well as his indiscretions to you, | 我已说出了他的丑事 如果再透露他的姓名 |
[31:16] | I risk ruining both his career and his reputation. | 那他的事业和名声可能就全毁了 |
[31:40] | Please. | 请来吧 |
[31:43] | I would be interested in your opinion. | 我想知道你的意见 |
[32:11] | You captured my likeness. | 你给我画了像 |
[32:13] | You think so? | 看出来了 |
[32:15] | I’m glad. | 真好 |
[32:18] | I shall call it, | 我应该将其命名为 |
[32:20] | Beautiful Lies. | 美丽的谎言 |
[32:23] | You wish to get to Inverness? Very well. | 你想去因弗内斯吗 很好 |
[32:27] | I know that Dougal Mackenzie is raising funds | 我知道杜格尔·麦肯齐在为 |
[32:29] | for the Jacobite cause. | 詹姆斯二世党反叛事业筹钱 |
[32:31] | I merely lack the necessary proof to take him into custody. | 我只是缺乏必要证据 无法拘留他 |
[32:34] | You will furnish me with that proof. | 你要向我提供证据 |
[32:37] | Jacobite cause? | 詹姆斯二世党 |
[32:39] | – I have no idea what– – Do not stand there | -我完全不知道 -别站在那里 |
[32:40] | and pretend that you have lived among the Mackenzies | 假装自己在麦肯齐宗族里住了几个月时间 |
[32:42] | these past months and not heard them voice support for that failure James, | 还没听见他们向失败的詹姆斯 |
[32:47] | and his witless offspring Charles. | 和他愚蠢的后代查尔斯表示支持 |
[32:50] | Mr. Mackenzie would have to be witless indeed | 麦肯齐先生如果在英格兰女人面前 |
[32:52] | to discuss treason in front of an English woman. | 谈论谋反一事 那他的确够蠢 |
[32:54] | Unless that English woman was sympathetic to his cause. | 除非那个英格兰女人对他的事业表示同情 |
[32:59] | I am not that woman. | 我不是那个女人 |
[33:00] | Then prove it. | 那就证明 |
[33:02] | Have you seen any of your Scottish companions | 你有没有看见你的苏格兰同伙 |
[33:04] | attempting to raise funds for the rebellion? | 试图筹钱进行谋反 |
[33:06] | – No, I have not. – You’ve not heard a single Mackenzie | -我没有 -你没听见一个麦肯齐家族的人 |
[33:09] | speak Jacobite treason? | 说起詹姆斯二世党叛国的事吗 |
[33:12] | How many times must I say it? | 我要说多少次 |
[33:17] | I would not believe you | 我不会信你 |
[33:19] | if you told me that night is dark and day is bright. | 如果你告诉我夜晚漆黑 白天光明 |
[33:22] | Captain, am I under arrest? | 队长 我被捕了吗 |
[33:25] | Because if not, | 因为如果没有 |
[33:26] | then I refuse to submit further to this interrogation. | 那我拒绝继续被审讯 |
[33:30] | I will await Lord Thomas’ return, | 我会等待托马斯大人的归来 |
[33:31] | no matter how long it takes. | 不管要等多久 |
[33:34] | I place my fate in his hands. | 我把我的命运交给他 |
[33:36] | If you wish to put me under guard in the meantime, | 如果在此期间 你想派人看守我 |
[33:38] | then I shall not protest. | 我也不会抗议 |
[33:47] | You will not leave this room until I am satisfied | 除非我觉得你像所说的那样无辜 |
[33:49] | that you are as innocent as you claim to be. | 否则你不许离开这间房 |
[33:53] | Either you can cooperate with me, | 要么你跟我合作 |
[33:55] | or I shall be forced to use methods less pleasant than talk. | 要么我就要被迫使用比谈话更不愉快的手段了 |
[34:00] | I’ve heard about your methods, Captain. | 我听说过你的手段 队长 |
[34:03] | What would you do, lay my back open to the bone? | 你会怎么做 割开我的背部 直至见骨吗 |
[34:07] | I understand flogging is something of a sport for you. | 我明白鞭打对你而言是种乐趣 |
[34:10] | Oh, on the contrary. | 恰恰相反 |
[34:12] | I take it very seriously. | 我非常严肃地对待这种事 |
[34:13] | I’m sure you’ll be pleased to learn that | 我敢肯定 你会很高兴得知 |
[34:15] | you’ve earned quite the reputation at Castle Leoch. | 你在里奥克城堡声名远扬 |
[34:20] | Yes, I’m told that you once administered a hundred lashes | 别人告诉我 你有次派人对一个可怜的高地小孩 |
[34:23] | upon a hundred lashes to a poor highlander boy. | 抽打了两百鞭子 |
[34:44] | A poor highlander boy? | 一个可怜的高地小孩 |
[34:47] | If I take your meaning, | 如果我没弄错 |
[34:48] | that boy is a wanted thief and murderer. | 那孩子是个受到通缉的小偷和凶手 |
[34:53] | I was told he’d merely stolen a loaf of bread. | 别人告诉我 他只不过偷了一块面包 |
[34:57] | Did Dougal Mackenzie tell you that? | 是杜格尔·麦肯齐告诉你的吗 |
[35:03] | He was there. | 他当时在场 |
[35:05] | He witnessed it. | 看到了情况 |
[35:08] | The thief had been flogged before for trying to escape. | 之前那小偷就被鞭打过 因为他试图逃跑 |
[35:11] | 100 lashes administered by the corporal, | 下士打了他一百鞭子 |
[35:13] | a man not without skill in using the cat-o’-nine-tails, | 他很会用九尾鞭 |
[35:19] | but the thief didn’t break. | 但是那小偷没崩溃 |
[35:22] | No, he took his punishment without making a single sound. | 他一声不吭地接受惩罚 |
[35:27] | It set a bad example for the assembled onlookers, | 这对聚集而来的旁观者树立了一个不好的榜样 |
[35:30] | both soldier and civilians, | 包括士兵和平民 |
[35:32] | and I could not allow that insult to the crown to pass unchecked, | 我不能允许这种对王位的侮辱不受制止 |
[35:37] | so yes. | 所以是的 |
[35:39] | I decided that a further 100 lashes were in order. | 我决定再打他一百鞭子 |
[35:46] | Hurry up. | 快点 |
[35:47] | This time, I would administer them myself. | 这次 我会亲自动手 |
[36:11] | I prefer to work on a blank canvas. | 我更喜欢在空白画布上动手 |
[36:14] | It, uh… it makes one more able to mark the progress of the damage inflicted. | 这样更能标记出造成的伤害这一过程 |
[36:20] | You’re shaking. | 你在发抖 |
[36:23] | Are you scared? | 你害怕吗 |
[36:27] | I’m just afraid I’ll freeze stiff afore ye’re done talking. | 我害怕你说完话后 我会直接冻死 |
[36:33] | I will break you. | 我会让你崩溃的 |
[36:58] | Have you ever seen a man scourged, Madam? | 你见过谁遭受鞭打吗 女士 |
[37:03] | It’s never pretty, | 那场面可不好看 |
[37:07] | and the thought of the whip coming down across that pitiful, raw flesh | 想到鞭子抽打在这可怜的小鲜肉上 |
[37:14] | made my stomach flutter and my legs shake. | 这让我胃里翻腾 双腿颤抖 |
[37:30] | I did– | 我的确… |
[37:31] | I had intended | 我打算 |
[37:35] | to pace myself. | 慢慢来 |
[37:37] | A hundred lashes is fatiguing to the arm. | 抽一百鞭子 手臂也挺累的 |
[37:59] | Again, the boy refused to cry out. | 这孩子还是不肯喊出来 |
[38:07] | I wonder, | 我想知道 |
[38:08] | did he hope to stir me to pity? | 他是不是想引起我的同情心 |
[38:13] | If he did, he was sadly mistaken. | 如果他这么想 就大错特错了 |
[38:15] | I was– | 我在 |
[38:18] | I was hurting him. | 我在伤害他 |
[38:23] | I could feel it. | 我能感受到 |
[38:26] | The sheer judder of the whip coursing up my arm, | 我的手臂感受着鞭子的颤抖 |
[38:32] | exploding into my heart… | 一直颤到了心里 |
[38:37] | but the boy would not beg for mercy. | 但这孩子还是不肯求饶 |
[38:43] | The boy would not beg. | 他不肯求饶 |
[39:29] | Look at me. Look at me! | 看着我 看着我 |
[39:35] | Is that enough? Is that enough? | 够了吗 够了吗 |
[39:54] | And then something changed. | 然后情况变了 |
[39:59] | One of my men fainted like a woman, | 我的一个手下像女人一样昏倒了 |
[40:03] | and the crowd barked in laughter. | 人们发出了嘲笑 |
[40:06] | Silence! | 肃静 |
[40:08] | I think it was in that moment that I determined | 我想 就是在那一刻 我决定 |
[40:10] | to bleed him to the bone. | 让他的伤口深至入骨 |
[40:13] | The world suddenly narrowed down to my arm and his back, | 世界突然缩小到我的手臂和他的背 |
[40:20] | the whip connecting us both. | 鞭子是我们之间的纽带 |
[40:23] | The laughter changed, | 笑声变了 |
[40:26] | first to gasps, then to sobs. | 一开始是喘气 后来是呜咽 |
[40:34] | The crowd, they had to look away. | 人群不忍直视这一幕 |
[40:39] | They were horrified. | 他们吓坏了 |
[40:48] | Blind fools. | 十足的傻瓜 |
[40:52] | I think all they could see was the horror. | 我觉得他们能看见的就是恐怖 |
[40:58] | I-I could see the beauty. | 我能看见美感 |
[41:08] | I saw the truth. | 我看见了真相 |
[41:12] | That boy and I… | 那孩子和我 |
[41:18] | we were creating a masterpiece. | 我们在创造杰作 |
[41:21] | An exquisite, | 精美 |
[41:24] | bloody masterpiece. | 血腥的杰作 |
[41:37] | It was the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. | 那是我见过的最美的东西 |
[41:45] | The truth carries a weight that no lie can counterfeit. | 谎言无法伪造真相的力量 |
[41:54] | I promised that I would reveal myself to you, and… | 我向你保证过 我会对你坦白心声 |
[42:01] | I have. | 我坦白了 |
[42:04] | Yes. | 是的 |
[42:07] | I believe you have. | 我相信你 |
[42:11] | You think me a monster, no doubt. | 你肯定觉得我是禽兽 |
[42:15] | It could be so. | 可能如此 |
[42:27] | The fact that you care what I think | 你还在乎我的想法 |
[42:31] | gives me some hope yet for your soul. | 这让我觉得你的灵魂还有一丝希望 |
[42:37] | I know one thing, Madam. | 我知道一件事 女士 |
[42:41] | I am not the man I once was. | 我不再是过去的那个人了 |
[42:46] | I came to Scotland to fulfill a soldier’s responsibility, | 我来到苏格兰 是为了履行士兵的职责 |
[42:49] | to serve my king, and protect my country. | 为国王效忠 保家卫国 |
[42:53] | Instead… | 但是… |
[42:57] | I find myself the watchman of a squalid, ignorant people | 我发现自己看守着一群肮脏愚昧的人们 |
[43:02] | prone to the basest superstition and violence. | 他们倾向于基本的迷信和暴力 |
[43:08] | The darkness has grown within me. | 我的内心开始变得黑暗 |
[43:13] | A hatred for the very world itself. | 我憎恨这一世界 |
[43:20] | I find myself doing such things, | 我发现我自己做着这种事 |
[43:26] | reddish work, | 满手沾血的事情 |
[43:30] | until I no longer recognize the man I have become. | 直到我再也认不出我成为了什么样的人 |
[43:40] | You’re not the first soldier to be changed by combat. | 你并不是第一个被战争改变了的士兵 |
[43:46] | The fact that you can admit to it is | 你能承认这一点 |
[43:49] | yet another hopeful sign. | 是另一个有希望的迹象 |
[43:54] | Of what? | 什么希望 |
[43:58] | You say that buried within is a decent man, | 你说过你内心深处是一个正直的人 |
[44:05] | a man that can still choose right over wrong. | 你依然能分辨是非 |
[44:11] | I believe that part of you lives still. | 我相信善良的你依然存活 |
[44:18] | It would be pretty to think so. | 这样想就太好了 |
[44:25] | You cannot undo the things you’ve done, | 你没法撤销做过的事情 |
[44:29] | but it is not too late to win back your humanity. | 但现在赢回人性还不算晚 |
[44:33] | You can choose to be the man you wish to be. | 你可以选择成为你希望成为的人 |
[44:40] | Do you think it possible that one day I might | 你觉得有天我可能会 |
[44:43] | gaze upon my own reflection and not be filled with loathing? | 盯着自己的倒影 同时不觉得嫌恶吗 |
[44:48] | I believe, | 我相信 |
[44:51] | a man with your insight and self-knowledge | 有你这样的洞察力和自知之明的人 |
[44:55] | can do whatever he wants. | 想做什么都能做到 |
[45:00] | The rehabilitation of Black Jack Randall. | 黑杰克兰德尔的复兴 |
[45:06] | You could make a fortune betting against that. | 这事根本就不可能做到 |
[45:14] | Perhaps I should begin by having you escorted to Inverness. | 也许我该从把你护送去因弗内斯开始 |
[45:26] | I’ve made you happy. | 我让你很开心 |
[45:30] | Yes, you have. | 是的 |
[45:36] | An odd sensation. | 真是奇怪的感觉 |
[45:41] | A beginning, perhaps. | 也许是个开始 |
[45:47] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[45:53] | Corporal Hawkins. | 霍金斯下士 |
[45:58] | Mrs. Beauchamp and I… | 比彻姆太太和我 |
[46:02] | require your assistance. | 需要你的帮助 |
[46:05] | Captain Randall, you have my deepest gra– | 兰德尔队长 我十分感… |
[46:19] | I dwell in darkness, Madam, | 我住在黑暗中 女士 |
[46:21] | and darkness is where I belong. | 我属于黑暗 |
[46:23] | I need no sympathy from you, and you will get none from me. | 我不需要你的同情 也不会同情你 |
[46:28] | One way or the other, I will get the truth out of you. | 不管怎么样 我会让你说出真话 |
[46:35] | Corporal… | 下士 |
[46:40] | Have you ever kicked a woman? | 你踢过女人吗 |
[46:42] | Sir? | 先生 |
[46:45] | It’s– it’s very freeing. | 感觉很放松 |
[46:51] | Come. | 来吧 |
[46:59] | Kick her. | 踢她 |
[47:07] | I said kick her, milksop. | 我说了踢她 懦夫 |
[47:12] | Kick her! | 踢她 |
[47:21] | You see? | 看见了吗 |
[47:24] | They’re so soft. | 女人好软弱 |
[47:32] | Again. | 再来 |
[47:40] | I don’t recall requesting your presence. | 我不记得要你进来过 |
[47:45] | Up ye come, lassie. | 起来吧 女士 |
[47:47] | Ye’re done here. | 你可以走了 |
[47:50] | Hold! | 等等 |
[47:55] | I dinna come here to fight. | 我过来不是为了打架 |
[47:57] | You tell yer wee laddies here to step aside | 你告诉你的手下让开 |
[48:00] | before I lose my temper. | 免得我失控 |
[48:01] | You have no right to that woman, | 你对那个女人没有权利 |
[48:03] | not while she’s being questioned by a British officer. | 因为她在被英格兰军官审讯 |
[48:06] | She is a guest of Clan Mackenzie. | 她是麦肯齐家族的客人 |
[48:08] | She is an English subject first. | 首先她是英格兰居民 |
[48:10] | And she was brought here for fear | 她被带来这里 |
[48:11] | she was being held prisoner by my brother. | 是因为害怕她成为我哥哥的囚犯 |
[48:13] | Now she will have assured ye that that is not the case, | 现在她会向你们保证 情况不是那样的 |
[48:15] | and by right, must be returned to me for protection. | 根据法律 必须返回到我的保护之下 |
[48:18] | I’m afraid further questions have arisen. | 恐怕进一步的问题出现了 |
[48:20] | Oh, well… | 好吧… |
[48:22] | ye won’t be asking them on Mackenzie land. | 在麦肯齐的领地上 你不会问问题的 |
[48:25] | Not unless you want to start a war here, on this day. | 除非你想在此时此刻挑起战争 |
[48:40] | I suppose we’re done for the day. | 我想今天就结束了 |
[48:42] | Be sure to deliver her to Fort William by sundown tomorrow. | 确保明天日落之前送她去威廉堡 |
[48:46] | If she is not present at the appointed time, | 如果她到时候没到那里 |
[48:49] | you will be accused of harboring a fugitive from English law, | 你们就会受到指控 窝藏犯法的英格兰逃犯 |
[48:53] | and you’ll be hunted down and punished, | 你们将受到追捕和惩罚 |
[48:55] | even unto death. | 甚至致死 |
[48:57] | War chief or not. | 不管是不是战酋 |
[49:02] | Let them pass. | 让他们走 |
[49:05] | Come on, lass. | 走吧 女士 |
[49:09] | I look forward to our next meeting, Mrs. Beauchamp. | 期待我们的下一次会面 比彻姆太太 |
[49:36] | My body still reeling from mistreatment, | 我的身体依然感觉遭受虐待 |
[49:39] | the last thing I felt like was a headlong gallop | 我最不想要的就是 |
[49:41] | through the rough terrain of the highlands. | 在崎岖的高地上疾驰 |
[49:44] | I feared I was close to fainting | 当杜格尔终于让我们停下时 |
[49:46] | when Dougal finally called for a halt. | 我觉得我都快昏倒了 |
[49:49] | Are we meeting the others here? | 我们跟其他人在这里见面吗 |
[49:50] | No, they’re back at the campsite, | 不 他们在营地 |
[49:52] | but there’s fresh water nearby, | 但这附近有清水 |
[49:54] | and ye look like ye could use it. | 看上去你需要 |
[49:56] | Water? Where? | 水 在哪里 |
[49:57] | Down. | 下面 |
[50:12] | Bit of a climb for a drink, is it not? | 为了喝点水爬得真累啊 是吧 |
[50:19] | Oh, aye. | 是啊 |
[50:21] | There’s a stink to it, | 水有点臭 |
[50:22] | but it will wet your thrapple sure enough. | 但它能润润你的喉咙 |
[50:34] | Are ye a spy for the English or the French? | 你是英格兰人还是法国人的间谍 |
[50:39] | How many times must I answer that same question? | 我要回答这个问题多少次啊 |
[50:42] | I promise, this is the last time I’ll ever ask it of ye. | 我保证 这是我最后一次问你 |
[50:48] | I am not a spy. | 我不是间谍 |
[50:51] | I am plain Claire Beauchamp and nothing more. | 我就是克莱尔·比彻姆 仅此而已 |
[50:54] | There. | 行了 |
[50:56] | Can we finally be done with it? | 我们能别纠结了吗 |
[51:02] | Well? | 怎么 |
[51:06] | Aye. | 好 |
[51:08] | Done it is. | 不纠结了 |
[51:11] | Did you plan on using that on me? | 你本来想刺死我吗 |
[51:14] | I would no have liked it. | 我也不喜欢 |
[51:15] | Ye’re a handsome woman, | 你是个很美的女子 |
[51:17] | but if you proved false, | 但如果你说了假话 |
[51:18] | I would have had no choice. | 我也别无选择 |
[51:21] | But I ken now ye’re telling the truth. | 但我现在知道你说的是真话 |
[51:25] | May I ask what convinced you? | 我能问问是什么让你相信了吗 |
[51:28] | St. Ninian’s spring. | 圣尼尼安的泉水 |
[51:30] | Some folk call it the liar’s spring. | 有人称之为说谎者泉水 |
[51:33] | Smells like the fumes of hell itself. | 闻起来像是地狱的烟雾一样 |
[51:35] | If you drink from that and you prove untrue, | 如果你喝了泉水 而说的是假话 |
[51:38] | it’ll burn your gizzard out. | 它会烧掉你的喉咙 |
[51:44] | A magic spring? | 魔法泉水吗 |
[51:45] | Well, you’re a healer. | 你是医生 |
[51:46] | Surely ye believe in the powers of magic. | 你肯定相信魔法的力量 |
[51:51] | Well, I doubt Captain Randall would be so easily convinced. | 我怀疑兰德尔队长会有这么容易相信 |
[51:55] | Aye. | 是啊 |
[51:57] | Well, ye don’t need to see him again. | 你没必要再见到他了 |
[52:03] | Not if ye do what I tell ye. | 如果你听我的吩咐 |
[52:07] | Don’t you have to bring me to Fort William tomorrow? | 明天你不是得带我去威廉堡吗 |
[52:09] | An English officer cannot compel a Scottish person, | 英格兰军官没法强迫苏格兰人 |
[52:12] | unless there is proof a crime has been committed, | 除非有罪证 |
[52:15] | and even so, cannot force a Scottish subject from clan lands | 就算如此 也无法在家族领主不同意的情况下 |
[52:19] | without permission from the laird concerned. | 强迫苏格兰居民离开家族领土 |
[52:24] | You’ve been talking to Ned Gowan. | 你跟奈德·高恩谈过了 |
[52:25] | Aye, I have. | 是啊 |
[52:27] | I thought it might come to this. | 我想过可能会到这种地步 |
[52:30] | I can only legally refuse to hand ye back to Randall | 只有我把你从一个英格兰女人变成苏格兰女人 |
[52:33] | if I change ye from an Englishwoman to a Scot. | 我才能合法地拒绝把你交给兰德尔 |
[52:41] | Into a Scot? | 变成苏格兰女人 |
[52:41] | Mm, and the only way I can do that | 唯一的方式 |
[52:44] | is for you to marry one. | 就是让你嫁给一个苏格兰人 |
[52:47] | No. Absolutely not. | 不 绝对不行 |
[52:49] | I cannot do that! | 我不能那样 |
[52:51] | Would ye rather go to an English prison? | 你情愿去英格兰监狱吗 |
[52:55] | So I’m to marry you? | 我要嫁给你吗 |
[53:00] | Well, I must admit | 我必须承认 |
[53:02] | the idea of grinding your corn does tickle me, | 和你鱼水交欢这个主意的确让我心里痒痒 |
[53:06] | but it’s not myself I’d be nominating for the position. | 但我并非在毛遂自荐 |
[53:11] | Then who? | 那是谁 |
[53:34] | Dougal wants us to be married. | 杜格尔想让我们结婚 |
[53:36] | I know. | 我知道 |
[53:41] | And you’re willing? | 你愿意吗 |
[53:43] | Well, ye’ve mended my wounds more than once. | 你不止一次帮我治疗伤口 |
[53:49] | I feel I owe ye something for all that. | 我感觉欠你的 |
[53:51] | Besides, what kind of friend would I be | 而且 如果我让你落到那个疯狂的兰道尔手里 |
[53:53] | if I left ye to that mad bastard Randall? | 我还算什么好朋友 |
[54:02] | But surely a young man like yourself… | 但像你这样的年轻人 |
[54:05] | Well, isn’t there someone else that you’re interested in? | 你不是对别人有兴趣吗 |
[54:11] | Oh, am I promised? | 我被许配给别人了吗 |
[54:17] | No. | 没有 |
[54:18] | No, I’m not much of a prospect for a wife. | 我没什么希望找到老婆 |
[54:21] | I mean, I’ve nothing more than a soldier’s pay to live on. | 我只有士兵的工资 勉强过日 |
[54:24] | Then there’s the minor difficulty of a price on my head. | 而且还有人悬赏要我的头呢 这也是个小困难 |
[54:27] | No father wants his daughter married to a man | 没哪个父亲想让自己的女儿嫁给 |
[54:28] | that might be arrested and hanged any time. | 一个可能随时被逮捕并被绞死的男人 |
[54:32] | Did ye think of that? | 你想过那点吗 |
[54:37] | So that’s it then. | 那就这样了 |
[54:39] | As far as you’re concerned, | 在你看来 |
[54:40] | we can just start the honeymoon tomorrow? | 我们明天就去度蜜月吗 |
[54:44] | Aye. | 是啊 |
[54:46] | Whatever suits ye. | 你方便就行 |
[54:50] | Well, doesn’t it bother you that… | 难道你不会觉得困扰吗 |
[54:55] | that I’m not a virgin? | 我不是处女 |
[55:03] | Well, uh, no. | 不会 |
[55:07] | So long as it doesna bother you that I am. | 只要你也不介意我是处 |
[55:16] | I reckon one of us should ken what they’re doing. | 我想我们中的一个应该知道自己在做什么 |