时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | 10,000 acres of His Majesty’s land at your disposal. | 一万英亩的国王土地归你所有 |
[00:14] | Regulators are stirring up trouble in the piedmont. | 监管者正在皮埃蒙特闹事 |
[00:17] | Pitching themselves against my tax collectors. | 与我的收税员针锋相对 |
[00:19] | Can your… sheriffs not discourage them | 你的治安官不去 |
[00:21] | from taking matters into their own hands? | 阻止他们采取行动吗 |
[00:23] | Some have proven to be dishonest. | 他们中有些人品行不端 |
[00:26] | This will be a sign to all who pass | 这个标志能让过路人 |
[00:29] | that they’re entering Fraser’s Ridge. | 知道他们走进弗雷泽山脊了 |
[00:31] | The Cherokee gave you a warning. | 切罗基人给了你警告 |
[00:33] | My family and I wish to live peacefully. Join us. | 我家人和我希望安居乐业 来吧 |
[00:36] | Bear-killer. | 杀熊者 |
[00:37] | That is how you will be known to our people. | 我们的人将这样称呼你 |
[00:40] | This is Adawehi. | 这是阿达维希 |
[00:41] | She’s a healer. | 她是医生 |
[00:43] | Yes. | 是的 |
[00:44] | A very powerful healer. | 非常强大的医生 |
[00:46] | Brianna, Claire found Jamie. | 布丽安娜 克莱尔找到了杰米 |
[00:50] | – She went to Scotland. – Why? | -她去苏格兰了 -为什么 |
[00:52] | To visit her mother. | 去拜访她妈妈 |
[02:32] | 北卡州 1768年 | |
[02:56] | Rabbit. | 兔子 |
[02:58] | Rabbit. | 兔子 |
[03:19] | For the mother. | 给母亲 |
[03:21] | Mother. | 母亲 |
[03:30] | Tea. | 茶 |
[03:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:37] | This will be very useful for Petronella. | 这会对佩特妮拉很有用 |
[03:58] | Yes. | 有 |
[03:59] | I, uh… | 我 |
[04:02] | I have a daughter, | 我有个女儿 |
[04:04] | but… | 但是 |
[04:06] | she lives far, far away. | 她住在很远的地方 |
[04:29] | Yes. | 是的 |
[04:58] | Sassenach. | 英格兰人 |
[05:00] | Where’s my hat? | 我的帽子呢 |
[05:01] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:03] | Where did you last see it? | 你最后一次在哪见的 |
[05:04] | If I kenned that, I’d be wearing it. | 如果我知道 我就戴上了 |
[05:06] | It’s worn, anyway. | 反正很破旧了 |
[05:07] | You should get a new one in Woolam’s Creek | 你应该在伍拉姆溪再买一顶 |
[05:09] | make a good impression on prospective tenants. | 给准佃户们留个好印象 |
[05:11] | Offering land without charge. | 提供不收费的土地 |
[05:13] | Dinna see how the hat on my head’ll come into it. | 我头上的帽子能有什么帮助 |
[05:17] | Can you reach the jerky? | 你能拿到肉干吗 |
[05:21] | Aye. | 能 |
[05:27] | That’s the last of it. | 剩最后一点了 |
[05:29] | Well, there’s more in the storeroom, | 储藏室还有更多 |
[05:31] | if you get back before I do. | 如果你比我早回来的话 |
[05:33] | Dinna ken if I envy you or not. | 我不知道我是否羡慕你 |
[05:36] | Mistress Mueller’s a fine cook, but… | 穆勒夫人是个好厨师 但是 |
[05:41] | Having to tolerate Gerhard… | 我必须得容忍格哈德 |
[05:44] | Clarence is less stubborn and has more sense. | 克拉伦斯没那么固执 更讲理一些 |
[05:46] | I’m sure I can tolerate him | 我相信我能容忍他 |
[05:47] | long enough to deliver his grandchild. | 直到给他接生完孙辈 |
[06:03] | – The sow had your hat, Uncle Jamie. – Christ. | -母猪叼着你的帽子 杰米舅舅 -天啊 |
[06:05] | Nearly lost a finger trying to save it. | 为了抢回来我差点丢了根指头 |
[06:08] | If I do return before you, Sassenach, | 如果我真的在你之前回来 英格兰人 |
[06:10] | I might eat that vicious beast. | 我可能会吃了那只凶恶的畜生 |
[06:15] | Aye. | 怎么 |
[06:16] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[06:17] | The sooner we go, the sooner we’ll be home, | 我们走的越早 回来的越早 |
[06:19] | and I love bacon. | 而且我喜欢培根 |
[06:22] | If you would, attach that to the horse, please. | 可以的话 请安到马上 |
[06:25] | – Thank you. – Aye, Auntie. | -谢谢 -好的 舅妈 |
[06:27] | If the bairn does come sooner than you expect, | 如果孩子比你预计的更早降生 |
[06:30] | you’re sure you’ll not wish me to return? | 你确定你不希望我回来吗 |
[06:35] | I’ve been alone here before. | 我以前也一个人待过 |
[06:38] | Aye. | 是的 |
[06:41] | Doesn’t make it any easier, leaving ye. | 但这也不会让离开你更好受 |
[06:54] | Here. | 来 |
[07:05] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[07:08] | Has Brianna… | 布丽安娜 |
[07:10] | a birthmark on her neck? | 脖子上是否有胎记 |
[07:17] | Yes. | 是的 |
[07:19] | She does, but… | 她确实有 但是 |
[07:21] | I don’t remember mentioning it to you. | 我不记得和你提过 |
[07:24] | I saw it | 我看到了 |
[07:26] | in a dream last night. | 在昨晚的梦里 |
[07:29] | A wee brown mark | 一个小棕色胎记 |
[07:31] | shaped like a diamond. | 形状像钻石 |
[07:34] | It’s behind her left ear. | 在她左耳后 |
[07:41] | I haven’t thought about that in a very long time. | 我很长时间没想过这事了 |
[07:46] | It’s always hidden… | 总是被她的… |
[07:48] | Behind her hair. | 头发挡着 |
[07:53] | Aye. | 是的 |
[07:58] | I kissed her there. | 我亲了她那里 |
[08:20] | 因弗内斯 1971年 | |
[08:24] | Did the driver wait for her, or see where she went? | 司机有等她或者看到她往哪走了吗 |
[08:28] | Uh, the log only says | 记录上只说 |
[08:29] | it was a one-way fare to Craigh Na Dun, | 是去克雷尼顿的单程车 |
[08:31] | ten days ago. | 十天之前 |
[08:33] | There’s not much up there. | 那边没什么东西 |
[08:34] | Uh, perhaps she was meeting someone. | 或许她是去见什么人的 |
[08:37] | Can you tell me where he picked her up? | 你能告诉我车是去哪接她的吗 |
[08:40] | Baird’s Bed and Breakfast. | 贝尔德早餐旅馆 |
[08:42] | 8:00 in the morning. | 早上八点 |
[08:44] | Thank you for your help. | 谢谢你 |
[08:52] | Mrs. Baird. | 贝尔德太太 |
[08:53] | Uh, Miss. | 是小姐 |
[08:55] | Miss Baird. | 贝尔德小姐 |
[08:56] | I’m Roger Wakefield. | 我叫罗杰·韦克菲尔德 |
[08:58] | I think, um, my girlfriend | 我想我女朋友 |
[09:00] | may have been a guest of yours about ten or so days ago. | 可能在十天前左右住过你的旅馆 |
[09:02] | Aye, the American. | 是 那个美国人 |
[09:04] | Ah, reminded me a bit of Ali MacGraw. | 长得有点像艾丽·麦古奥呢 |
[09:07] | – Sweet girl. – Right. | -人挺不错 -是 |
[09:09] | It’s a bit urgent. Was she– | 这挺紧急的 她… |
[09:12] | uh, how long did she stay? | 她在这住了多久 |
[09:15] | Oh, um, just– just a few days. | 就几天 |
[09:17] | And did she leave anything behind? | 她有留下什么吗 |
[09:18] | Clothes or books or… | 衣服或者书之类的 |
[09:20] | I… No. Um… no, nothing. | 我… 没有 没东西 |
[09:25] | Nothing? | 没东西吗 |
[09:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[09:30] | I–I was hoping | 我还以为 |
[09:33] | I would find… something. | 我能找到什么的 |
[09:46] | Mr. Wakefield, um, wait. | 韦克菲尔德先生 等等 |
[09:50] | Two seconds. | 稍等一下 |
[09:58] | She asked me to wait a year | 她请我等一年 |
[10:00] | before sending it to ye, | 再把这封信寄给你 |
[10:01] | but, well, since ye’re here now, | 但既然你现在来了 |
[10:03] | and, well, I… | 我… |
[10:05] | I can see she broke yer heart. | 我能看出她伤了你的心 |
[10:09] | Oh, look, ye’re a fine-looking lad. | 你是个帅气的小伙子 |
[10:13] | Go and find yerself a good Scottish lass. | 给自己找个苏格兰的好姑娘吧 |
[10:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:20] | Yes, perhaps I should. | 是啊 或许我应该 |
[10:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[10:27] | Bye. | 再见 |
[10:41] | Myers spoke of a dozen or So scottish families residing here. | 玛耶斯说过这里住着十多户苏格兰人家 |
[10:44] | Aye. | 是 |
[10:45] | And the offer of 100 acres | 给一百英亩土地 |
[10:47] | is likely to attract a fair number of tenants. | 也应该能吸引来不少佃户 |
[10:50] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:52] | It’ll be good | 那会挺好的 |
[10:53] | to have the company of families again. | 能有其他家庭作伴 |
[10:56] | Neighbors close by. | 有邻居 |
[10:57] | Maybe we’ll attract a man wi’ a–a talent for chess. | 或许我们能吸引个会下棋的人来 |
[11:00] | And a bonnie daughter, or two. | 加一两个漂亮的女儿 |
[11:02] | Ye need but one, lad. | 你有一个就够了 小子 |
[11:05] | Place these in the shops and the tavern, | 把这些发到商店和酒馆里 |
[11:08] | and encourage any Scots you may meet | 也顺便鼓动你遇到的每个苏格兰人 |
[11:10] | to attend our meeting tomorrow. | 来参加我们明天的会议 |
[11:11] | I’m off to find a Graham MacNeil. | 我去找个叫格雷厄姆·麦克尼尔的人 |
[11:29] | How may I help you? | 有事吗 |
[11:30] | Good day to you, mistress. | 你好 夫人 |
[11:31] | Very good day indeed. | 非常好 |
[11:33] | I’m here to see Mr. MacNeil. | 我想找麦克尼尔先生 |
[11:35] | I’m told he’s the silversmith here in town. | 听说他是镇子里的银匠 |
[11:37] | He’s away in Cross Creek at present. | 他现在人在横溪 |
[11:40] | Do you expect him home soon? | 等下他会回来吗 |
[11:43] | Not today. | 今天不会 |
[11:46] | Well, uh, | 好吧 |
[11:47] | Is there another man familiar with the trade hereabouts? | 那这附近还有其他银匠吗 |
[11:51] | Something very particular I wish to have made. | 我想做一件特别的东西 |
[11:54] | No one with my husband’s talents. | 没有手艺比我丈夫好的 |
[11:58] | Thank you for your time. | 打扰了 |
[12:29] | Oh, yes. | 真好 |
[12:31] | Here we go. | 不哭了 |
[12:36] | Here. | 给 |
[12:42] | Well done, Mistress Claire. | 谢谢你 克莱尔夫人 |
[12:43] | Had the baby not arrived so soon, | 这孩子再不出来 |
[12:45] | I might have learnt the entire song. | 我可能都要学会整首歌了 |
[12:55] | We say she looks like her papa. | 我们说她看起来像她爸爸 |
[13:01] | May he rest in peace. | 愿他安息 |
[13:11] | Do you have grandchild, Frau Klara? | 你有孙辈吗 克莱尔夫人 |
[13:15] | No, no, not yet. | 没 还没有 |
[13:18] | Then you will share mine. | 那就把她当成你的孙女吧 |
[13:32] | It’ll–it’ll be hard work, | 这会很辛苦 |
[13:35] | as the land’s never been cultivated, | 土地都从没被耕种过 |
[13:37] | but any man choosing to settle wi’ me | 但任何选择来落户的人 |
[13:40] | will receive 100 acres. | 都会有一百英亩土地 |
[13:43] | That’s a very impressive offer. | 这可是够慷慨的条件 |
[13:46] | And… no rent | 而且 不用交租 |
[13:49] | until the land yields a good harvest. | 直到土地丰收之前 |
[13:52] | After that, | 之后 |
[13:53] | you’ll pay no more than one ha’penny per acre per annum, | 地租也只要每年每英亩半便士 |
[13:56] | in lieu of all demands, to me. | 不用再多交一分钱 |
[13:59] | A ha’penny for 100 acres? | 每英亩半便士吗 |
[14:01] | No rent? | 不用交租吗 |
[14:06] | Good luck to you, Mr. Fraser. | 祝你好运 弗雷泽先生 |
[14:13] | Ye’re a farmer. | 你是个农夫 |
[14:15] | Ken it by yer hands. | 看你的双手就知道 |
[14:17] | Do ye no want 100 acres for yerself and yer family? | 你不希望自己和家人得到100英亩土地吗 |
[14:23] | Again, | 再说一次 |
[14:25] | I thank ye, but no. | 谢谢你 但是不要 |
[14:30] | Aye. | 好 |
[14:31] | And you? | 你呢 |
[14:36] | Tempting as it may be, | 虽然这很诱人 |
[14:39] | I’ve found employment at the cooper’s shop. | 但我在修桶店里找到了一份工作 |
[14:42] | It’d be unwise to leave now. | 现在离开是不明智的 |
[14:51] | Did six farmers just refuse the offer of land | 刚才六个农民拒绝了 |
[14:54] | given without charge? | 不收费的土地吗 |
[14:59] | There’s no sense in it. | 这不合情理 |
[15:05] | Two. | 两元 |
[15:08] | Bryan, is it? | 是布莱恩吗 |
[15:10] | My father’s name was Brian. | 我父亲叫布莱恩 |
[15:15] | You ken Broch Tuarach? | 你知道布洛克·图拉克吗 |
[15:18] | No, I’m from Banffshire. | 不知道 我来自班夫郡 |
[15:20] | Banffshire? | 班夫郡 |
[15:21] | Aye. Bonnie. | 那里很美 |
[15:23] | Aye. | 是的 |
[15:28] | Were you imprisoned? | 你坐过牢吗 |
[15:31] | Tilbury Fort. | 在蒂尔伯里堡 |
[15:34] | Ardsmuir. | 我是在阿德思穆尔 |
[15:36] | Fought with Farquharson’s regiment. | 我参加了法克哈森的军团作战 |
[15:40] | Farquharson’s? | 法克哈森 |
[15:43] | Then ye were to my left, Bryan. | 那时你在我左边 布莱恩 |
[15:45] | Aye. | 是 |
[15:47] | It pains me to refuse ye. | 拒绝你让我很难受 |
[15:51] | Then why did ye? | 那你为什么拒绝我 |
[15:51] | Some of us here have spent years cultivating land, | 我们中有些人花了多年的时间种地 |
[15:55] | only to have it taxed when it became plentiful. | 结果土地肥沃后就要交税 |
[15:58] | We must all pay our taxes. | 我们都得交税 |
[16:00] | Aye, our fair share, | 是 应得的税 |
[16:03] | but the governor’s tax collectors came, | 但州长的收税员来了 |
[16:05] | hand out, time and again. | 一次又一次地伸手 |
[16:08] | When we didna have the funds to pay, | 我们没现金的时候 |
[16:09] | they seized horses, livestock, | 他们就拿走马 家畜 |
[16:12] | tools, anything worth a penny. | 工具 值钱的东西 |
[16:13] | It’s the cause of my taking up residence in town. | 这导致了我在镇上定居 |
[16:16] | Same for most of the men here. | 这里的大部分人都是如此 |
[16:21] | And all of ye | 你们都 |
[16:23] | lost yer farms to taxes? | 因为交税损失了农场吗 |
[16:24] | We gave them up. | 我们放弃了农场 |
[16:26] | Better that than to continue lining the pockets | 这样总比继续养肥泰伦 |
[16:28] | of Tryon’s dishonest tax collectors. | 不诚实的收税员好 |
[16:32] | There’s a meeting soon, | 很快就要开会了 |
[16:34] | if ye’re interested. | 如果你感兴趣 |
[16:45] | Herr Mueller. | 穆勒先生 |
[16:49] | How’s the baby? | 孩子怎么样 |
[16:51] | She’s healthy and beautiful | 她健康又美丽 |
[16:54] | and ready to meet her opa, | 准备好见她外祖父了 |
[16:55] | and her… | 还有她的 |
[16:57] | I–I don’t know the word for “Uncle” In German. | 我不知道德语的叔叔怎么说 |
[17:01] | Onkel. | 叔叔 |
[17:07] | Thank you, Frau Klara. | 谢谢你 克莱尔夫人 |
[17:08] | Aye, you’re very welcome, Herr Mueller. | 不用谢 穆勒先生 |
[17:10] | You have a wonderful family. | 你有很棒的一家人 |
[17:12] | I shall be sad to leave. | 离开你们我会很难过的 |
[17:15] | You’re always welcome here. | 你在这里总是受欢迎的 |
[17:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:18] | I’ll be back in a couple of weeks | 我几周后会回来 |
[17:20] | to visit Petronella and the baby, | 看看佩特妮拉和孩子 |
[17:22] | and you may send for me if you need anything. | 如果你有需要 可以捎个口信给我 |
[17:25] | – Danke. – Mm. | -谢谢 -嗯 |
[17:27] | And Herr Fraser will be home when you return? | 你回去后 弗雷泽先生会在家吗 |
[17:30] | I expect him back in a few days. | 我想他几天内就回来了 |
[17:32] | But come, let’s meet your enkelin. | 来吧 见见你的外孙女 |
[17:45] | We’ve chosen a name. | 我们选了个名字 |
[17:48] | Baby Klara. | 克莱尔宝宝 |
[17:53] | Baby Klara? | 克莱尔宝宝 |
[18:00] | I’m so honored. | 我真荣幸 |
[18:02] | Thank you, Petronella. | 谢谢你 佩特妮拉 |
[18:06] | Look. | 瞧 |
[18:20] | Cross Creek. | 横溪 |
[18:37] | Well, what is it? What’s the matter? | 什么情况 怎么了 |
[18:38] | Savages. | 野蛮人 |
[18:39] | They steal our water for their horses. | 他们偷我们的水喂马 |
[18:42] | Water from the creek? Is that all? | 溪水 就这样吗 |
[18:54] | The Indians–they mean you no harm. | 印第安人 他们没有恶意 |
[18:58] | Herr Mueller, I know these people. | 穆勒先生 我认识这些人 |
[19:00] | Why not let them just drink and then be on their way? | 为什么不让他们给马儿喂水 然后离开 |
[19:02] | They have no reason to set foot on my land! | 他们没理由踏上我的地盘 |
[19:05] | Tommy, come. | 汤米 来 |
[19:07] | Stay. Stay! | 留下 留下 |
[19:09] | Herr Mueller! Herr Mueller, please! | 穆勒先生 穆勒先生 拜托 |
[19:16] | Leave, please. | 快走 |
[19:18] | The horses need water. | 马儿需要喝水 |
[19:19] | I will shoot! | 我会开枪的 |
[19:20] | No! No! | 不 |
[19:22] | Stop. | 停下 |
[19:23] | Go back in the house, Frau Klara! | 回房子里去 克莱尔夫人 |
[19:27] | Tawodi, I am Claire Fraser. | 塔沃迪 我是克莱尔·弗雷泽 |
[19:31] | I am ganakti, | 我是医生 |
[19:33] | like Adawehi. | 像阿达维希一样 |
[19:36] | – Wife of bear-killer? – Yes. | -杀熊者的妻子 -是的 |
[19:39] | Please, don’t shoot. | 请不要放箭 |
[19:42] | Herr Mueller and his son– they are good men. | 穆勒先生和他儿子 他们都是好人 |
[19:44] | We do not expect to see you with | 我们没想到你会和…在一起 |
[19:47] | I came to deliver a baby. | 我是来接生婴儿的 |
[19:51] | Herr Mueller, please, | 穆勒先生 拜托 |
[19:53] | put down your musket | 把枪放下 |
[19:56] | so we can talk. | 我们才能好好谈 |
[20:07] | Herr Mueller, please. | 穆勒先生 求你 |
[20:20] | Herr Mueller is just | 穆勒先生只是想 |
[20:23] | trying to protect his land. | 保护他的土地财产 |
[20:25] | Water belongs to no one. | 水不属于任何人 |
[20:27] | You’re right, | 你说得对 |
[20:29] | but he doesn’t see it that way. | 但是他不这么认为 |
[20:31] | Please, can you take the horses to– | 可以麻烦你 |
[20:34] | to another part of the creek? | 把马带到其他溪段吗 |
[20:37] | To keep peace? | 这样大家都相安无事 |
[20:44] | I go, | 我会离开 |
[20:46] | only because you are friends to Adawehi. | 但只是看在你是阿达维希朋友的分上 |
[20:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[20:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:04] | What is he doing? | 他在做什么 |
[21:05] | No, no! He– | 不 他只是 |
[21:07] | he is just giving a blessing for the water. | 只是在给溪水祈福 |
[21:10] | It’s just a blessing. | 只是在祈福 |
[21:18] | Look, they are leaving. | 他们会走的 |
[21:22] | They’re leaving. | 马上就走了 |
[22:34] | Here we go. | 吃的来了 |
[22:38] | Here, Clarence. | 来 克拉伦斯 |
[22:40] | I got something for you. | 给你带了好东西 |
[22:45] | Here, boy. | 吃吧 乖孩子 |
[22:50] | Come on, lady. | 来吧 姑娘 |
[22:52] | Time for breakfast. | 该吃早餐了 |
[22:57] | You have no idea you’re just a Christmas pork chop, do you? | 你不知道自己会成为圣诞餐桌上的一块猪排吧 |
[23:21] | Rollo. | 罗洛 |
[23:22] | It’s our house. It’s not for you. | 这里是我们的房子 不是给你准备的 |
[23:42] | Good morning, ladies. | 早上好 女士们 |
[23:44] | Come on. | 来吃饭了 |
[24:24] | Tie it down tight. | 绑紧了 |
[24:29] | That’s it. | 就这样了 |
[24:32] | Three gatherings. | 办了三次集会了 |
[24:34] | And no tenants to show for it. | 一个佃户都没来 |
[24:36] | Will Tryon demand the return of the land | 如果我们找不到人跟我们过去开垦 |
[24:38] | if we canna find anyone to settle with us? | 泰伦会下令收回我们的地吗 |
[24:40] | He willna have to. | 不会发生那种事的 |
[24:42] | Canna pay the tax on 10,000 acres myself. | 我不可能一个人缴清一万英亩的税 |
[24:46] | But I can offer protection to our tenants | 但我可以给佃户们提供庇护 |
[24:49] | from paying these illegal taxes or having their land seized. | 让他们躲过非法征税或者土地被没收的局面 |
[24:52] | How? | 怎么做 |
[24:55] | The tax collectors will come to me, will they no? | 收税员肯定要来找我的 对吧 |
[24:58] | ‘Tis my land, after all. | 毕竟是我的地 |
[25:02] | And when they do, | 那等收税员来了 |
[25:04] | you’ll refuse to pay? | 你会拒绝缴税吗 |
[25:05] | Oh, I’ll pay. | 我当然会缴的 |
[25:08] | A fair tax, and nothing more. | 只缴按法律公平征收那部分 |
[25:15] | Christ. | 天啊 |
[25:16] | The bit’s broken. | 嚼子坏了 |
[25:19] | We’ll need to get it mended before we can travel. | 出发前我们一定要把它修好 |
[25:24] | Find a blacksmith. | 去找个铁匠 |
[25:27] | Dinna take no for an answer. | 不准说找不到 |
[25:45] | Good day, sir. | 日安 先生 |
[25:46] | – I was hoping for a– – My day is done. | -我想请您 -我今天收工了 |
[25:49] | I’m tired. | 我很累 |
[25:50] | It’s a wee task. | 很简单的 |
[25:52] | Just a broken bit. Can ye mend it? | 只是嚼子坏了 你能修吗 |
[25:55] | – I suppose ye didna hear me. – I did. | -我想你没听清我说的话 -我听到了 |
[25:59] | But I wonder if you could | 但我想您能不能为我破个例 |
[26:01] | make an exception for a fellow Scot? | 大家都是苏格兰人嘛 |
[26:04] | I’d be here all night by that logic. | 这样的话我一晚上都不能休息了 |
[26:07] | No, no more for me today. | 我今天真的不工作了 |
[26:10] | Yer business will have to wait. | 你的活得等等了 |
[26:12] | Please. We have three days’ travel ahead of us. | 求你了 我们还有三天的路要赶 |
[26:15] | My uncle will have my guts for garters | 如果我没能把这个修好 |
[26:17] | if I dinna have this mended. | 我舅舅会杀了我的 |
[26:23] | What’ll it cost to keep you another hour? | 要怎么样才能让您多工作一个小时呢 |
[26:26] | Ye canna pay it lad. Away with ye. | 你付不起的年轻人 走吧 |
[26:29] | Ten shillings. | 10先令 |
[26:31] | 11? | 11先令 |
[26:33] | 12? | 12先令 |
[26:34] | 21. | 21先令 |
[26:36] | That’s robbery! | 你这是抢劫吧 |
[26:37] | If ye canna pay, | 如果付不起 |
[26:39] | then leave me be. | 那就快走 别烦我 |
[27:12] | Old Mr. MacNeil hasn’t come home yet. | 麦克尼尔老先生还没回来 |
[27:15] | No word when he might return? | 不知道他大概什么时候回来吗 |
[27:17] | If ye’d care to wait inside, | 如果你愿意进来等的话 |
[27:19] | I’ll serve ye a hearty piece of pie. | 我会给你上一份美味的派 |
[27:23] | A very kind offer, but… | 多谢好意 不过 |
[27:25] | my wife is expecting me home soon. | 我妻子还在家中等我快些回去 |
[27:29] | I’d wager she’s a good cook. | 我猜她做饭一定很不错 |
[27:32] | Aye. | 是的 |
[27:36] | Very. | 很棒 |
[27:43] | All right, lad. | 怎么样小伙子 |
[27:45] | Any luck with the silversmith, eh? | 银匠那边有好消息吗 |
[27:46] | No. | 没有 |
[27:47] | Pray nothing else hinders our return home. | 祈祷别再出什么岔子阻碍我们回家吧 |
[27:49] | Feared we’d have to stay another night. | 我还担心我们还要在这多待一晚 |
[27:54] | I did too. | 我也是 |
[27:56] | That blacksmith was a tough old coot. | 那个铁匠也太铁面无情了 |
[27:59] | Had to offer more than I thought. | 给他付了远超我预期的钱 |
[28:01] | How much? | 多少 |
[28:03] | 15 shillings. | 15先令 |
[28:06] | Did I hear ye right? | 我没听错吧 |
[28:07] | Ye paid 15 shillings for a bit? | 你花了15先令去修个马嚼子 |
[28:09] | 15 additional. | 多付了15先令 |
[28:13] | I paid him 21 shillings in all. | 一共付了21先令 |
[28:16] | That was my entire purse. | 我一共只有这么多了 |
[28:18] | He was leaving for the day. | 他今天不干活了 |
[28:19] | It was the only thing to keep him. | 只有这个能留住他 |
[28:34] | What the devil’s the meaning of charging a lad 21 shillings | 问一个小伙子要21先令到底是 |
[28:36] | for a bit? | 什么意思 |
[28:40] | Blacksmith! | 铁匠 |
[28:42] | I’m speaking to ye. | 我在跟你说话 |
[29:06] | Murtagh? | 穆塔夫 |
[29:11] | Thank the Lord. | 谢天谢地 |
[29:23] | Jamie. | 杰米 |
[29:39] | Uncle, ye ken this old coot? | 舅舅 你认识这个老家伙吗 |
[29:45] | Aye. | 是的 |
[29:48] | Aye. | 是的 |
[29:53] | I never thought I’d lay eyes on ye again. | 没想到还能再见到你 |
[30:00] | How? | 怎么会 |
[30:01] | W-what brought ye here? | 你怎么会来这里的 |
[30:04] | I came in search of settlers. | 我是来找移民的 |
[30:08] | I have land three days north. | 往北走三天 我在那里有块地 |
[30:13] | This is Jenny’s son, Ian. | 这是珍妮的儿子伊恩 |
[30:14] | Ian, this is Murtagh. | 伊恩 这是穆塔夫 |
[30:18] | My godfather. | 我的教父 |
[30:19] | Fine lad. | 好孩子 |
[30:21] | Drives a hard bargain. | 很会讨价还价 |
[30:24] | Uncle Jamie told me all about yer adventures together. | 杰米舅舅跟我讲了你的各种冒险故事 |
[30:30] | So much to tell you. | 太多想跟你说的 |
[30:33] | And I want to hear every word. | 我都想听 |
[30:37] | Now, | 现在 |
[30:38] | who are you calling an old coot, eh? | 你说谁是老家伙呢 |
[30:43] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[30:45] | There you go. | 给你 |
[31:05] | Pastor Gottfried. What are you doing here? | 戈特弗里德牧师 你在这里做什么 |
[31:10] | Frau Mueller sent me. | 穆勒夫人派我来的 |
[31:12] | Well, is everything all right? | 一切顺利吧 |
[31:17] | Tommy, Petronella, and the baby… | 汤米 佩特妮拉和孩子 |
[31:20] | died. | 死了 |
[31:22] | What? | 什么 |
[31:24] | I gave them last rites this morning. | 今早我为他们举行了送别仪式 |
[31:30] | How? | 怎么会 |
[31:31] | The measle. | 麻疹 |
[31:34] | Measles? But… | 麻疹 但是 |
[31:36] | But they were healthy when I left them last week. | 但上周我走的时候他们还很健康 |
[31:40] | I-is anyone else sick? Frau Mueller? | 我…还有人生病吗 穆勒夫人 |
[31:43] | I’ll get my things and come to them, along with– | 我要带东西去他们那里 还有 |
[31:44] | No! N-no, madam. | 不行 不行 夫人 |
[31:47] | Herr Mueller… | 穆勒先生 |
[31:49] | is not ill. He is– | 没生病 他… |
[31:51] | How do you say? | 怎么说呢 |
[31:53] | Insane. | 疯了 |
[31:56] | Frau Mueller worries he blames you for their deaths | 穆勒夫人担心他把他们的死归罪于你 |
[31:58] | and is seeking revenge. | 会伺机报复 |
[32:00] | Blames me? | 归罪于我 |
[32:02] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[32:04] | Herr Mueller believes | 穆勒先生相信 |
[32:06] | you let the Indians curse their water. | 你让印第安人诅咒了他们的水源 |
[32:08] | I told him, that was a blessing. | 我告诉过他们那是祈福 |
[32:11] | He does not see it that way. | 他似乎不是那么觉得 |
[32:14] | I must find him before he does something… | 我必须得在他做出错事之前 |
[32:18] | regretful. | 找到他 |
[32:21] | Y-you cannot stay here, madam. | 夫人 你不能待在这里 |
[32:23] | Is there somewhere you can go that is safe? | 你有没有安全之地可去 |
[32:27] | My husband will be home soon, | 我的丈夫很快就回来了 |
[32:30] | and I have my rifle. | 我还带着来复枪 |
[32:31] | I’ll be all right. | 没事的 |
[32:36] | God be with you, Frau Fraser. | 穆勒夫人 愿上帝与你同在 |
[32:40] | And with you. | 你也是 |
[33:26] | Aye, 12 years, | 没错 12年了 |
[33:30] | just a short distance from Woolam’s Creek. | 离伍拉姆溪很近 |
[33:32] | Was it dreadful, | 很糟吗 |
[33:34] | being indentured? | 被契约限制自由 |
[33:38] | Aye, lad. | 是的 孩子 |
[33:40] | Master Barker was no an easy man to live with, | 巴克尔主人可不太好相处 |
[33:43] | disposed as he was to violent outbursts. | 他会突然爆发 |
[33:46] | More than once, I considered severing his neck. | 不止一次我想扭断他的脖子 |
[33:51] | Why did you no? | 为什么没下手 |
[33:52] | The rich old bastard died, | 这个有钱的老家伙死了 |
[33:54] | and his widow agreed to sell me the smithy. | 他的遗孀同意把铁匠铺卖给我 |
[33:57] | I reckon she wouldna have done so | 我想要是我杀了他 |
[33:58] | if I’d have murdered him. | 她就不会卖给我了 |
[34:01] | So he taught you blacksmithing? | 那么是他教会你铁匠活 |
[34:04] | Aye. | 是的 |
[34:05] | I mastered all order of smithery. | 我掌握了各种铁匠的技术 |
[34:08] | Silversmithing as well? | 包括制作银器吗 |
[34:10] | I can manage a bit. | 我也能做点 |
[34:13] | Can I ask a favor of ye? | 我能求你帮个忙吗 |
[34:26] | This was Ellen’s, no? | 这是艾伦的 对吧 |
[34:29] | Aye. | 对 |
[34:31] | A surprise for his wife. | 给他妻子的惊喜 |
[34:40] | Married again, did ye? | 又结婚了 是吧 |
[34:42] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[34:45] | Fetch yerself another ale, lad. | 再去拿点啤酒吧 孩子 |
[34:53] | I don’t have any… | 我没有… |
[34:57] | He has all our money. | 他拿着我们所有家当 |
[35:01] | Here. | 给你 |
[35:02] | Take it, lad. Keep it. | 拿着孩子 给你 |
[35:14] | Claire… | 克莱尔 |
[35:18] | Claire came back to me. | 克莱尔回到了我身边 |
[35:24] | After 20 years. | 20年后 |
[35:26] | Some days, I still canna believe it myself. | 有一阵子了 我仍旧不敢相信 |
[35:29] | Oh lad! | 孩子 |
[35:32] | – And she’s here? – Aye. | -她在这里吗 -是的 |
[35:33] | Aye, she’s home, | 是 她在家 |
[35:35] | in the cabin on Fraser’s Ridge. | 在弗雷泽山脊的小屋 |
[35:36] | And yer bairn? | 她的孩子呢 |
[35:37] | A daughter, Brianna. | 一个女儿 布丽安娜 |
[35:42] | I’ve never seen her, but she’s well, | 我从没见过她 但她很好 |
[35:45] | living in Boston… | 住在波士顿 |
[35:48] | in the year 1971. | 在1971年 |
[35:53] | Old enough to have children of her own? | 大到有自己的孩子了吗 |
[35:55] | That she is, | 是够大了 |
[35:56] | but she hasna had any yet, | 但她还没有孩子 |
[35:59] | as far as we know. | 据我们所知 |
[36:02] | Brianna’s at university. | 布丽安娜在上大学 |
[36:04] | Women in the future are entitled | 未来的女人拥有的权利 |
[36:05] | to a great deal more than they are now. | 比现在多得多 |
[36:10] | Well, | 好吧 |
[36:11] | any daughter of yours will be a canny lass. | 你的女儿肯定很精明 |
[36:19] | Will you… | 你愿意 |
[36:23] | Will ye return to Fraser’s Ridge wi’ us? | 你愿意跟我们回弗雷泽山脊吗 |
[36:26] | We have need of a blacksmith with talents such as yer own. | 我们需要你这样的铁匠 |
[36:34] | I have my forge here to think of. | 我需要这里的锻铁炉 |
[36:36] | We’ll build ye one. | 我们给你造一个 |
[36:38] | 10,000 acre settlement will have need of it. | 一万英亩的定居地需要它 |
[36:41] | 10,000 acres? | 一万英亩 |
[36:46] | Governor Tryon must think highly of you. | 泰伦州长肯定很欣赏你 |
[36:50] | I’m mindful he’s no well-liked around here. | 我知道他在这儿不受欢迎 |
[36:54] | We have had trouble finding tenants because of it. | 因此 我们找不到佃户 |
[36:57] | Tryon’s taxes have left many hereabouts aggrieved. | 泰伦的税让许多人感到愤愤不平 |
[37:02] | You’ll no find many Scots in Woolam’s Creek | 伍拉姆溪没多少苏格兰人 |
[37:05] | willing to settle on land granted by him. | 愿意去他授予的土地定居 |
[37:07] | Some of his sheriffs are corrupt, sure enough. | 他的一些治安官很腐败 没错 |
[37:10] | Doesna mean the men should give up, | 这并不代表人们该放弃 |
[37:13] | and many Scots have prospered here in North Carolina. | 许多苏格兰人在北卡罗来纳州都很成功 |
[37:19] | Come to Fraser’s Ridge. | 来弗雷泽山脊吧 |
[37:22] | We’ll work together, | 我们一起合作 |
[37:24] | like we always did. | 一如既往 |
[37:33] | I canna go, mo charaid. | 我不能去 我的朋友 |
[37:37] | I have work here. | 我在这里有工作 |
[37:40] | Grave work. | 繁重的工作 |
[37:44] | Come wi’ me to the forge here. | 跟我一起去锻造炉 |
[37:46] | We’ll weigh what’s to be done with yer silver. | 我们要掂量掂量用你的银子做什么 |
[37:48] | Afterwards, | 之后 |
[37:50] | I’ll take ye to a meeting. | 我带你参加一个会议 |
[38:05] | What is it, boy? | 怎么了 伙计 |
[38:18] | It’s just the wind. | 只是风 |
[38:56] | I’ll find ye later. | 我回头找你 |
[39:00] | Bryan, glad you could make it. | 布莱恩 真高兴你来了 |
[39:23] | Tonight, | 今晚 |
[39:25] | we drink to the tax collectors. | 我们为收税员干杯 |
[39:29] | – What? – To the tax collectors? | -什么 -为收税员 |
[39:30] | They didna take Harry’s horse, | 他们没有夺走哈利的马 |
[39:32] | nor Rabbie’s cow, | 拉比的奶牛 |
[39:33] | nor Johnnie’s wagon from him. | 还有约翰尼的马车 |
[39:35] | No, no, no. Lies. | 不不 谎言 |
[39:39] | Not taken. | 他们没夺走 |
[39:42] | Stolen from them, they were. | 是偷走的 |
[39:44] | – Aye! – Stolen! | -对 -偷走 |
[39:46] | Stolen from us! | 从我们这里偷走的 |
[39:48] | And what’s stolen from one of us, | 偷了我们一个人的东西 |
[39:50] | is stolen from all of us! | 就等于偷了我们所有人的东西 |
[39:52] | Aye! Aye! | 没错 |
[39:57] | Wish yer tax collector and yer sheriff | 祝愿收税员和治安官 |
[40:00] | a fine supper, | 吃顿丰盛晚餐 |
[40:02] | a good bottle, and soft bed tonight, lads… | 喝瓶好酒 晚上睡个好觉 各位 |
[40:06] | For soon, | 因为很快 |
[40:08] | soon, they will have no peace. | 很快 他们就不得安宁 |
[40:14] | The day is coming! | 这个日子即将来临 |
[40:17] | The day when we make plain our complaints | 我们将大倒苦水 |
[40:22] | and stand for what’s right! | 伸张正义 |
[40:23] | Aye! | 没错 |
[40:24] | We’ll pay what we owe in taxes, | 我们会付欠的税 |
[40:26] | but no a penny more, | 但一分不多 |
[40:28] | and no a penny less. | 一分不少 |
[40:30] | The corruption of the governor’s sheriffs | 州长治安官和收税员的腐败 |
[40:33] | and tax collectors must end! | 必须终结 |
[40:35] | Aye! | 没错 |
[40:36] | The thieving bastards should pay! | 那些偷东西的混蛋应该付出代价 |
[40:41] | Raise a glass to them tonight, lads, | 今晚为他们举杯吧 各位 |
[40:44] | each and every one, | 每一个人 |
[40:46] | for tomorrow, | 因为明天 |
[40:47] | and from now on, | 从今以后 |
[40:49] | we stand together! | 我们并肩作战 |
[40:52] | Aye! | 没错 |
[40:55] | Ye’ll need yer courage. | 你们需要勇气 |
[40:56] | A rifle or two couldna hurt, either. | 一两把步枪也没有危害 |
[40:58] | – Aye! – Time is coming | -是 -到了我们 |
[41:01] | when we will march! | 前进的时候了 |
[41:09] | Justice! | 正义 |
[41:17] | Good man. | 好人 |
[41:24] | So, | 那么 |
[41:26] | ye’re a Regulator, then? | 你是个监管者了 |
[41:28] | And a leader, forbye? | 还是领袖 |
[41:31] | We dinna have leaders, lad. | 我们没有领袖 小伙子 |
[41:33] | I’m but an auld man who’s been through it before. | 我只是个经历过的老人 |
[41:39] | Will ye join us? | 你愿意加入我们吗 |
[41:45] | A gathering this size could well become violent. | 如此规模的集会可能会变得暴力 |
[41:49] | We risk what we must for our beliefs. | 为了我们的信仰 我们必须冒险 |
[41:53] | Aye. | 是 |
[41:56] | But I’ve Claire to think of, | 但我得考虑到克莱尔 |
[41:58] | and Young Ian. | 和小伊恩 |
[42:03] | And the land. | 还有土地 |
[42:07] | The grant came with my assurance | 授予的土地有个条件 |
[42:08] | that I would help quell any unrest. | 我会帮助平息任何动荡 |
[42:12] | I gave my word. | 我向你保证 |
[42:15] | I canna in good conscience involve myself in this. | 我不能问心无愧地参与此事 |
[42:20] | I won’t join you, but, uh, | 我不会加入你 但 |
[42:24] | I wilna try to stop ye, either. | 我也不会试图阻止你 |
[42:31] | I pray one day, ye come find us. | 我祈祷有一天 你会来找我们 |
[42:54] | Klara! | 克莱尔 |
[42:57] | Frau Klara! | 克莱尔夫人 |
[42:58] | I just want to talk! | 我只是想谈谈 |
[43:00] | Rollo, get back. | 罗洛 后退 |
[43:02] | What do you want? | 你想怎么样 |
[43:07] | Frau Klara. You’re alive. | 克莱尔夫人 你还活着 |
[43:11] | The measle– I-I-I fear I come too late | 麻疹 我害怕我来得太晚了 |
[43:13] | and it will take you too. | 你也染病了 |
[43:19] | Thank you for your concern, but… | 谢谢你的关心 但是 |
[43:23] | I’m well. | 我很好 |
[43:28] | They are dead. | 她们都病死了 |
[43:35] | The baby… | 孩子 |
[43:41] | They got the measle, and… | 她们得了麻疹 |
[43:55] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[43:57] | I wish there was something | 真希望我能 |
[43:59] | that I could’ve done. | 做点什么 |
[44:01] | There was no use. | 没用的 |
[44:03] | The curse was strong. | 诅咒很强大 |
[44:05] | They die very fast. | 她们走得很快 |
[44:08] | Herr Mueller, | 穆勒先生 |
[44:09] | measles is a disease. | 麻疹是一种疾病 |
[44:14] | It spreads from person to person. | 它在人与人之间传播 |
[44:16] | Ja, it happened to me and my wife | 对 我和我妻子在京茨堡 |
[44:19] | in Gunzburg. | 就得过 |
[44:21] | We were sick for a week. | 我们病了一周 |
[44:24] | It’s likely it | 这可能 |
[44:26] | traveled with you from Cross Creek… | 是你从横溪带来的 |
[44:28] | No! | 不可能 |
[44:29] | Through no fault of your own. | 这不是你的错 |
[44:31] | Nell and baby die very quickly. | 妮拉和孩子很快就死了 |
[44:33] | Too quickly. | 太快了 |
[44:34] | But their bodies were weak after the birth. | 但出生后她们的身体很虚弱 |
[44:40] | They would’ve never survived the fever. | 她们挺不过发烧的 |
[44:41] | This is not what happened. | 发生的事不是这样 |
[44:44] | They die because of the curse. | 她们是因为诅咒而死的 |
[44:47] | The savages hate us and want our land. | 野蛮人恨我们 想要我们的土地 |
[44:49] | It is them! | 是他们 |
[44:53] | They are supposed to die of the pox, not us! | 他们本该得麻疹而死 而不是我们 |
[44:59] | Not the one who– who believe in God. | 不该是信仰上帝的人 |
[45:08] | No matter. | 没事了 |
[45:09] | It is over now. I… | 已经结束了 我 |
[45:12] | take care of them | 处理了他们 |
[45:15] | for us and… for you. | 为了我们 为了你 |
[45:23] | Baby Klara’s doll… | 克莱尔宝宝的娃娃 |
[45:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[45:48] | Adawehi. | 阿达维希 |
[45:56] | She was their healer. | 她是他们的医生 |
[45:58] | She was a witch, ja? | 她是个女巫 对吧 |
[46:01] | There can be no curse without a witch. | 没有女巫 就没有诅咒 |
[46:04] | All they wanted was some water! | 他们只想要一些水 |
[46:07] | Water is everywhere! | 到处都有水 |
[46:12] | The creek, the lake, the stream. | 小湾 湖泊 溪流 |
[46:17] | They do not come to my land for water! | 他们不该来我的地盘用水 |
[46:22] | The savages come to show that my land is theirs! | 野蛮人过来是为了表明 我的土地是他们的 |
[46:33] | Good-bye, Herr Mueller. | 再见 穆勒先生 |
[46:42] | Good-bye, Frau Klara. | 再见 克莱尔夫人 |
[48:45] | Rosewitha! | 罗丝薇莎 |
[48:54] | Rosewitha! | 罗丝薇莎 |
[50:16] | Sassenach! | 英格兰人 |
[50:20] | Oh, Jamie. | 杰米 |
[50:33] | Oh, Jamie. | 杰米 |
[50:34] | I’m so glad you’re home. | 真高兴你回来了 |
[50:39] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[50:42] | Just hold me. | 抱着我 |
[51:30] | Murtagh! | 穆塔夫 |
[51:33] | Jamie said you weren’t coming! | 杰米说你不来了 |
[51:37] | Is it really you? | 真的是你吗 |
[51:38] | Well, it’s not the boogie-woogie bugle boy. | 反正不是迷人小号手 |
[51:48] | I can’t believe it! | 我不敢相信 |
[51:51] | Ah, lass. | 姑娘 |
[51:54] | Well, you gonna invite me inside? | 你要邀请我进去吗 |
[51:56] | Oh, come on. | 来吧 |
[52:16] | Roger, if you’re reading this, | 罗杰 如果你在看这封信 |
[52:19] | it means that I couldn’t make it back. | 这意味着我没能回来 |
[52:22] | I found out something terrible is going to happen | 我发现 我妈妈和杰米 |
[52:25] | to my mother and Jamie. | 即将遭遇祸事 |
[52:27] | If I didn’t try to go and help them, | 如果我不尝试帮助他们 |
[52:29] | I would never have forgiven myself. | 我永远也不会原谅自己 |
[52:34] | I need you to know | 我想告诉你 |
[52:35] | that I cared about you very much. | 我很在乎你 |
[52:41] | Please don’t try to follow me, Roger. | 请别跟着我 罗杰 |
[52:50] | You once told me to think of my mother happily in the past, | 你曾告诉我 要想着我妈妈在过去过得很幸福 |
[52:55] | and that’s how I want you to think of me. | 我希望你也这样想我 |
[52:59] | Good-bye, Roger. | 再见 罗杰 |
[53:01] | Brianna. | 布丽安娜 |