时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | I will promise to stand by your side, Colonel Fraser, sir. | 我保证会追随你 弗雷泽上校 |
[00:03] | Confirmed sightings of Bonnet in Wilmington. | 证实有人在威明顿看到了邦内特 |
[00:05] | – Bree doesn’t know, does she? – No. | -布丽不知道吧 -是的 |
[00:08] | Kezzie and I are indentured to a man who lives not far from here. | 我和肯齐在这附近的一个人手下当仆人 |
[00:12] | Take these lads and the rest of the company | 带上这些孩子和其他的人 |
[00:13] | and continue to Brownsville. | 继续前往布朗斯维尔吧 |
[00:15] | Claire and I will go see this Mr. Beardsley. | 我会跟克莱尔去见见这个比尔兹利先生 |
[00:18] | – I must speak with your husband. – Husband’s dead. | -我得跟你丈夫谈谈 -死了 |
[00:20] | I would like to purchase yer two bond servants. | 我想买下你的两个契约仆人 |
[00:23] | Keep ’em. I got no use for ’em. | 留着吧 我也用不上 |
[00:26] | You said he was dead. | 你说他死了 |
[00:27] | He struck me, and then he fell, and I couldn’t move him. | 他打我 然后摔倒了 我搬不动他 |
[00:31] | Baby’s father is black. | 孩子的父亲是黑人 |
[00:34] | You hear that? She isn’t yours. | 你听到了吗 她不是你的孩子 |
[00:36] | – Fanny? – She’s not coming back. | -范妮 -她不会回来了 |
[00:38] | She left the deed with the baby. | 她在孩子身下放了地契 |
[00:40] | And indenture papers. | 还有契约文件 |
[02:47] | Halloo the house! | 屋里有人吗 |
[02:50] | Attendez. | 等等[法语] |
[02:53] | Do not move. | 别动 |
[02:57] | I’m Captain Roger MacKenzie, | 我是罗杰·麦肯齐上尉 |
[02:59] | in command of a militia serving under | 我所指挥的民兵队效力于 |
[03:01] | Colonel James Fraser of Fraser’s Ridge. | 弗雷泽山脊的詹姆斯·弗雷泽上校 |
[03:04] | We saw you up the road, Morton, you bastard. | 我们在路上看到你了 莫顿 你个混蛋 |
[03:12] | You’ll pay for what you did! | 你会为你所做的付出代价 |
[03:30] | What do you want with Morton? | 你想对莫顿做什么 |
[03:32] | None of your concern. | 不关你的事 |
[03:34] | Hand him over. | 把他交出来 |
[03:39] | Do you think they’re Regulators? | 你说他们是不是监管者 |
[03:40] | Well, not unless Morton’s secretly a corrupt | 当然不是 除非莫顿暗地里 |
[03:42] | tax collector in disguise. | 是乔装的腐败收税员 |
[03:44] | Isaiah! | 艾赛亚 |
[03:45] | I’m sorry. I had to tell. | 对不起 我必须说出来 |
[03:48] | I couldn’t marry Elijah Ford. | 我不能嫁给伊利亚·福特 |
[03:50] | Please, Isaiah, say you’ll do right by me. | 求你 艾赛亚 说你会好好待我 |
[03:56] | – Don’t hurt him! – Alicia! | -别伤害他 -艾丽西亚 |
[03:58] | I’d rather die than be without him! | 没有他 我宁可死 |
[04:00] | Have a shred of dignity. | 太不知廉耻了 |
[04:02] | Shouting for all the world to hear of your shame. | 大声嚷嚷 全世界都听见你的丑事了 |
[04:06] | Isaiah. | 艾赛亚 |
[04:09] | What can we do? What can we do? | 我们能做什么 我们能做什么 |
[04:11] | Oh, Lord, give me courage. | 主啊 给我勇气 |
[04:19] | I suppose we better do as they ask. | 我们最好照他们说的做 |
[04:21] | What? | 什么 |
[04:22] | Turn Morton over to them? | 把莫顿交给他们吗 |
[04:25] | Aye. | 是的 |
[04:27] | We’re gonna need some of that whisky, Fergus. | 我们得喝点威士忌壮胆 费格斯 |
[04:30] | Oh, are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[04:34] | Aye, and get a full bottle, please. | 确定 麻烦你拿一整瓶过来 |
[04:38] | A bit of Dutch courage is all we need. | 我们需要点酒后之勇 |
[04:40] | Aye, Captain. | 好 上尉 |
[04:43] | Stand down. | 别开枪 |
[04:46] | Stand down. | 别开枪 |
[05:15] | How was town, Mistress? | 城里怎么样 夫人 |
[05:16] | It was good… and busy. | 挺好的 也很热闹 |
[05:18] | We got paper and books, fabrics, linen, cotton. | 我们买了纸和书 布料 亚麻布 棉布 |
[05:22] | Oh, canna wait to see them. | 我等不及要看了 |
[05:23] | And something a little special for you. | 还买了一样特别的东西给你 |
[05:26] | For me? | 给我的 |
[05:27] | You’ll smell like orange blossom. | 你涂了会散发橙花香味 |
[05:29] | Thank you, Mistress. | 谢谢你 夫人 |
[05:31] | Now, let’s go inside and, uh, | 我们快进屋吧 |
[05:34] | make stew and dumplings. | 做些炖菜和饺子 |
[05:36] | What do you think, Mr. Bug? | 你觉得如何 巴格先生 |
[05:39] | Go all that way to town for sugar, | 特地大老远进城买了糖 |
[05:40] | and it’s savory dumplings again? | 怎么还是吃咸饺子呢 |
[05:42] | Well, we all know you’re sweet enough. | 我们都知道你够甜够贴心了 |
[05:44] | Ugh, stop your nonsense. | 别说傻话了 |
[05:46] | Mrs. Bug… | 巴格太太 |
[05:49] | where did Jemmy get this? | 吉米怎么会有这个 |
[05:50] | While you were collecting the post, | 你去拿信的时候 |
[05:52] | a man ruffled Jemmy’s hair and gave him a coin. | 有个男人摸了把吉米的头发 给了他一个硬币 |
[05:56] | Did he say anything? | 他有说什么吗 |
[05:57] | He said, “What a handsome lad,” | 他说 “真是个帅小伙” |
[05:59] | and, uh, did he take after his mother or his father? | 还问了他是像爸爸还是像妈妈 |
[06:03] | And then just gave him a coin? | 然后就给了他一个硬币吗 |
[06:05] | He say anything else? | 他还说什么了 |
[06:07] | He was Irish, you see. | 他是爱尔兰人 |
[06:08] | So, of course, once they get talking about this and that, | 所以他们话匣子一打开 |
[06:11] | it can take all day, but… | 就能说上一天 不过… |
[06:12] | What did he look like? | 他长什么样 |
[06:13] | A gentlemen, he was, fair and strong. | 他是个绅士 肤白强壮 |
[06:17] | Did he have a scar here? | 他这里有疤痕吗 |
[06:19] | I’m sorry. I dinna recall. | 抱歉 我不记得了 |
[06:22] | I hope you don’t think | 希望你别觉得 |
[06:22] | I would ever let the bairn come in harm’s way. | 我会让小家伙陷入危险 |
[06:25] | No, no, I-I know. | 不 不 我知道 |
[06:27] | I just know all about the Irish gift of the gab, that’s all. | 我只是很清楚爱尔兰人有多能说会道 |
[06:31] | Don’t want Jemmy’s mind | 不希望吉米被灌输 |
[06:32] | filled with superstitious nonsense about luck. | 关于好运那些迷信的无稽之谈 |
[06:36] | – Let’s forget about it. – Aye. | -这事就忘了吧 -好的 |
[06:39] | I’ll call you when the stew’s ready. | 炖菜做好我会叫你 |
[06:43] | Here. | 来 |
[06:47] | Um, with so many away from the Ridge, | 很多人离开了山脊 |
[06:48] | I think maybe we should move into the big house with everyone. | 也许我们该搬进大宅 和大家一起 |
[06:51] | Aye, mistress. | 好的 夫人 |
[06:53] | It is nice to have company. | 有人陪伴真好 |
[07:08] | Isaiah. | 艾赛亚 |
[07:31] | How much for a cask? | 一桶多少钱 |
[07:33] | We’ll buy some, and you can be on your way. | 我们买几桶 你们就可以上路了 |
[07:35] | Will you oblige me and have a little more? | 能否看在我的面子上 多喝几杯 |
[07:38] | What are you, whisky merchants? | 你们是威士忌商人 |
[07:40] | No. No, no. | 不 不是 |
[07:42] | As I was saying earlier, we are militiamen | 我之前说过 我们是民兵 |
[07:44] | charged by Governor Tryon to march against the Regulators. | 由州长泰伦掌管 向监管者进军 |
[07:58] | Well, it’s tolerable, I’ll admit. | 我承认 这酒还能喝 |
[08:02] | Then perhaps I can propose a toast? | 既然如此 或许我可以敬一杯酒 |
[08:05] | To the men of Brownsville | 敬布朗斯维尔人 |
[08:07] | and to the men of the Fraser’s Company. | 也敬弗雷泽的队伍 |
[08:14] | Au courage. | 敬勇气 |
[08:27] | We’ve come to notify you of your obligation | 我们来此是为了通知你 你有义务 |
[08:28] | to provide men. | 为我们提供人手 |
[08:31] | “Obligation”? | 义务 |
[08:32] | Or opportunity, I should say. | 换种说法 是机会 |
[08:35] | 40 shillings and two shillings every day thereafter for each man. | 每个人先给四十先令 此后每天给二先令 |
[08:39] | The only present obligation I have is to my daughter… | 我现在唯一肩负的义务就是对我的女儿 |
[08:44] | And these men here, | 还有这些 |
[08:45] | who’ll break that boy’s neck without hesitation | 我一声令下就会毫不犹豫扭断 |
[08:47] | if I give the word. | 那个男孩脖子的人负责 |
[08:49] | What could a young lad like Morton possibly have done | 像莫顿这样的年轻人能犯下什么错 |
[08:50] | that can’t be resolved over a drink? | 连酒都解决不了 |
[08:52] | That bastard’s cost me a fortune. | 那个小杂种害我损失了一大笔钱 |
[08:55] | I had a match arranged with my daughter. | 我为我的女儿找了一门好婚事 |
[08:58] | Elijah Ford brought with him almost 10 acres | 伊利亚·福特拿10英亩的土地 |
[09:01] | and a decent trade in tobacco. | 和像样的烟草交易当聘礼 |
[09:04] | I tell her the news and she weeps, | 当我告诉她这个消息时 她哭了 |
[09:06] | refusing to be wed because Morton got to her first. | 因为莫顿先对她下手 她拒绝嫁人 |
[09:11] | Ford won’t marry a harlot. | 福特不会娶一个荡妇 |
[09:15] | Maybe Morton isn’t as fine a match, | 或许莫顿是比不上福特 |
[09:18] | but would you consider him a suitor? | 但你是否愿意将他视作一个还算合规的追求者 |
[09:21] | He’s dishonored my daughter. | 他玷污了我的女儿 |
[09:24] | Now, I told her I’d see him dead at her feet | 我告诉过女儿 如果这小子那可憎的脸 |
[09:27] | if ever he dared show his wretched countenance | 胆敢出现在布朗斯维尔方圆十六公里内 |
[09:30] | within 10 miles of Brownsville. | 我会确保他死在她的面前 |
[09:33] | And damn my eyes | 看到那个胆小如鼠 |
[09:34] | if that grass-livered spittle-snake | 蛇蝎心肠的畜生厚颜无耻地 |
[09:36] | hasn’t the face to ride right up to my door. | 来到我的门前 我简直不敢相信我的眼睛 |
[09:41] | You and your men can stay the night. | 你和你的人可以在这里过夜 |
[09:44] | But when you go on your way tomorrow, | 但当你们明天离开时 |
[09:47] | Morton won’t be joining you. | 莫顿就不会跟你们一起走了 |
[10:06] | She’s a bonnie wee thing. | 小东西长得真漂亮 |
[10:10] | She is. | 没错 |
[10:13] | To see ye with a bairn, Sassenach. | 看着你抱着孩子 英格兰人 |
[10:17] | I could watch ye hold her all day. | 我可以看你抱着她看一整天 |
[10:22] | I hope we’re not too far from Brownsville. | 我希望我们离布朗斯维尔不是太远 |
[10:25] | She won’t do well on goat’s milk alone. | 只喝羊奶对她身体不好 |
[10:28] | We should be there before dusk. | 我们天黑前应该能到 |
[10:32] | Dinna fash. | 别担心 |
[10:33] | We’ll find someone to nurse wee “Bonnie.” | 我们会为小美女找到乳母的 |
[10:37] | And what then? | 之后怎么办 |
[10:40] | Do we bring a newborn all the way to Hillsborough? | 带着新生儿长途跋涉去希尔斯堡 |
[10:43] | I’m not sure it’s the best way | 我不认为这是 |
[10:44] | to put the fear of God into the Regulators, | 给监管者感到惊惧的最好方法 |
[10:47] | unless they’re afraid of a few dirty diapers. | 除非他们害怕脏尿布 |
[10:51] | The surest way to send any man scurrying for cover. | 这是让所有男人急着找掩护的最可靠的方法 |
[11:15] | Some of the men, | 队伍里有几个人 |
[11:16] | Robertson, Morrison, | 罗伯森 莫里森 |
[11:18] | and a few others… are gone. | 还有几个人 都走了 |
[11:22] | Gone? What do you mean gone? Gone where? | 走了 什么意思 走去哪里 |
[11:25] | They don’t respect what you did. | 他们不认同你的所作所为 |
[11:27] | What I did? | 我的所作所为 |
[11:30] | – Well, I had to do something. – I know, and I agree. | -我总得做什么 -我知道 我也同意 |
[11:34] | But they didn’t. I’m-I’m-I’m sorry. I tried. | 但他们不同意 抱歉 我尽力了 |
[11:38] | Ah, Christ. | 老天 |
[11:54] | Sounds like Roger’s won them over. | 看来罗杰争取到了他们 |
[11:57] | *Where ha’ ye been a’ the day* | *你一整天去了哪里* |
[11:59] | *Bonnie laddie, Hielan’ laddie* | *帅小伙 高地小伙* |
[12:02] | *Saw ye him that’ far awa’* | *远远地就看到了他* |
[12:05] | *Bonnie laddie, Hielan’ laddie* | *帅小伙 高地小伙* |
[12:07] | *On his head a bonnet blue* | *他头戴一顶蓝色系带帽* |
[12:10] | *Bonnie laddie, Hielan’ laddie* | *帅小伙 高地小伙* |
[12:13] | *Tartan plaid and Hielan’ trews* | *格子纹显高地信仰* |
[12:15] | *Bonnie laddie, Hielan’ laddie* | *帅小伙 高地小伙* |
[12:19] | *When he drew his gude braid-sword* | *当他拔出带穗好剑* |
[12:22] | *Bonnie laddie, Hielan’ laddie* | *帅小伙 高地小伙* |
[12:24] | *Then he gave his royal word* | *他作出庄严宣誓* |
[12:27] | Josiah. | 约西亚 |
[12:30] | I have secured you and your brother’s indenture papers. | 我找到了你们兄弟的契约文件 |
[12:33] | Ye willna see Mr. Beardsley again. | 你再也不会看到比尔兹利先生了 |
[12:37] | What about the mistress? | 那夫人呢 |
[12:39] | Well, she’s gone for good. | 她走了 不会再回来了 |
[12:42] | She left her baby with us. | 她把孩子留给了我们 |
[12:44] | I didn’t know she was with child. | 我不知道她怀孕了 |
[12:47] | Kezzie told me the mistress may have lain with… | 肯齐告诉我她可能跟人上过床 |
[12:50] | well, there’s a man, a former slave. | 有个男人 以前是奴隶 |
[12:52] | He came looking for work once or twice. | 他偶尔会来找找工作 |
[12:55] | Then all of us… | 我们 |
[12:58] | we’re all free? | 我们都自由了 |
[13:01] | Aye, lad. | 是的 |
[13:05] | Does that mean we can ride on to Hillsborough | 这么说 我们是不是也可以跟你的民兵队 |
[13:07] | with your militia? | 一起去希尔斯堡 |
[13:09] | How old are ye? | 你几岁了 |
[13:11] | Ye canna be more than 14. | 你肯定没超过十四岁 |
[13:13] | I must be older than that. | 我肯定超过了 |
[13:14] | I’m telling ye, | 我说真的 |
[13:15] | ye’re 14, too young to fight. | 你才十四岁 还不是打仗的年纪 |
[13:19] | Aye, Colonel. | 是 上校 |
[13:21] | Ye’ve fought hard to earn your freedom. | 你已经拼命赢来了自由 |
[13:23] | I willna let ye lose it in death on the battlefield. | 我不会让你死在战场上 又失去它 |
[13:27] | Go home. | 回去吧 |
[13:29] | Hunt. Provide for the Ridge. | 打猎 为山脊出一份力 |
[13:36] | *Weel, ye ken it is his own* | *呵呀 你知道那是他的* |
[13:39] | *Bonnie laddie, Hielan’ laddie* | *帅小伙 高地小伙* |
[13:59] | Fergus. | 费格斯 |
[14:04] | Is that our whisky? | 那是我们的威士忌吗 |
[14:06] | Oui, milord. There was a small difficulty. | 对 老爷 之前出了点小麻烦 |
[14:09] | Uh, before you explain, I also have a small difficulty. | 在你解释之前 我也有一个小麻烦 |
[14:12] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[14:14] | You work fast, milord. | 您动作真快 老爷 |
[14:15] | Uh, the baby needs milk urgently. | 这个孩子急需喝到母乳 |
[14:17] | Are there any nursing mothers around? | 附近有奶妈吗 |
[14:19] | Mothers, no. | 奶妈没有 |
[14:20] | But the lady of the house will surely be able to help. | 但这里的女主人肯定能帮上忙 |
[14:26] | Hi, I’m sorry to bother you. | 你好 抱歉打扰了 |
[14:42] | This is Mistress Claire Fraser of Fraser’s Ridge, | 这是弗雷泽山脊的克莱尔·弗雷泽夫人 |
[14:44] | colonel’s wife. | 上校的妻子 |
[14:46] | My daughter-in-law Lucinda just gave birth. | 我的儿媳露辛达刚生了孩子 |
[14:48] | She’ll have the milk for the babe. | 她有奶喂 |
[14:50] | Oh, I’m so sorry to intrude. | 真抱歉打扰你 |
[14:52] | This little one was born a few days ago. | 这孩子才出生几天 |
[14:54] | She’s not mine. | 她不是我的孩子 |
[14:55] | I fed her goat’s milk on the road here, but… | 我在来的路上一直喂她羊奶 但是… |
[14:57] | She needs to be fed properly. | 她需要好好喝奶 |
[14:59] | Okay. | 好了 |
[15:06] | Such a strong and healthy babe. | 真是个强壮健康的孩子 |
[15:09] | Beautiful. | 真漂亮 |
[15:12] | A girl? | 女孩吗 |
[15:13] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:16] | Does she have a name? | 她有名字吗 |
[15:18] | No. | 没有 |
[15:19] | She lost both her parents before they could christen her. | 她的父母在给她取名前就都去世了 |
[15:22] | Is she a slave’s babe? | 她是奴隶的孩子吗 |
[15:25] | Not quite. | 不算是 |
[15:26] | How’d you come by her, then? | 那你是怎么遇到她的 |
[15:32] | What’s this “Difficulty” Fergus told me about? | 费格斯说的那个”小麻烦”是怎么回事 |
[15:35] | Wee bit of a misunderstanding on our arrival. | 我们来的时候闹了点误会 |
[15:37] | And ye cleared it up with our whisky? | 而你用我们的威士忌澄清了吗 |
[15:40] | When in Rome, do as the Romans do. | 入乡随俗嘛 |
[15:44] | When I was a professor at Oxford, | 我在牛津大学当教授时 |
[15:45] | I loved telling my students about words and phrases, | 很喜欢跟学生们聊词语 |
[15:49] | their origins, their meanings. | 它们的起源 含义 |
[15:50] | Do you know where the expression | 你知道”酒后之勇”这词 |
[15:51] | “Dutch courage” Comes from? | 是怎么来的吗 |
[15:53] | I’m sure ye’re about to tell me. | 相信你会告诉我的 |
[15:55] | What’s it got to do wi’ Rome? | 它跟罗马有什么关系 |
[15:57] | Some say it dates back a century ago | 有人说 这要追溯到一百年前 |
[15:59] | to when English troops would drink to calm themselves | 当时英格兰军队在上战场之前 |
[16:01] | before heading into battle. | 会喝酒壮胆 |
[16:02] | Others say the English witnessed | 也有人说是英军见到了 |
[16:04] | the incredible courage gin gave the Dutch. | 荷兰人喝完金酒后的神勇 |
[16:06] | A number of times in history, an advance of soldiers were stopped | 历史上多次先头部队的进攻 |
[16:10] | by an exchange of alcohol or goods. | 都因为交换酒或物品而停止 |
[16:13] | Take the First World War, for example. | 就拿第一次世界大战来说 |
[16:14] | There was a daily rum ration on the western front… | 西线战场每天都会配发朗姆酒… |
[16:17] | Where are Morrison and Scott? | 莫里森和斯科特呢 |
[16:19] | Piss drunk already? | 已经喝醉了吗 |
[16:21] | No. | 不 |
[16:23] | They left… | 他们走了… |
[16:24] | and, with them, three more. | 跟另外三个人一起 |
[16:26] | Left? Why? | 走了 为什么 |
[16:40] | Ye allowed Lionel Brown to do this to one of yer men? | 你就让莱昂内尔·布朗这么对待你手下吗 |
[16:43] | They wanted to blow Morton to smithereens. I had to… | 他们想打死莫顿 我只能… |
[16:47] | I had to agree to some kind of temporary confinement. | 我只能同意他们临时关押他 |
[16:49] | And what were you gonna do once the whisky ran out? | 那等威士忌喝完了 你想怎么办 |
[16:52] | I was hoping you would arrive before that happened, and you did. | 我希望你在那之前就能来到 你也来了 |
[17:04] | I avoided confrontation. I kept the peace. | 我避免了交战 维持了和平 |
[17:07] | Do ye ken the meaning of the word “Captain,” Professor MacKenzie? | 你知道”队长”是什么意思吗 麦肯齐教授 |
[17:10] | Is that one ye can explain to me? | 你能向我解释这个词吗 |
[17:13] | Yer men left because ye betrayed their trust. | 你的人走了 是因为你背叛了他们的信任 |
[17:16] | Those who remain willna have much faith left. | 其他没走的怕是也不信你多少了 |
[17:18] | They swore to follow us into battle, | 他们发誓要跟我们踏上战场 |
[17:20] | to risk their lives. | 以命相搏 |
[17:21] | As captain, ye must honor their loyalty above all else. | 作为队长 你最该嘉奖的就是他们的忠诚 |
[17:25] | What good is loyalty if the men are hurt or worse? | 如果有人伤亡 忠诚又有什么用 |
[17:28] | I was responsible for that too. | 那也是我的责任 |
[17:38] | Now, what disarray have ye and yer cock | 你和你裤裆里的那玩意儿 |
[17:42] | brought upon our endeavor? | 是闯了什么祸 |
[17:46] | If ye have dishonored the Browns’ daughter, | 如果你玷污了布朗家的女儿 |
[17:48] | ye must marry her and put matters to rights. | 那你必须娶她 纠正错误 |
[17:51] | Ye dinna have much choice, Isaiah. | 你没什么选择 艾赛亚 |
[17:53] | I would, Colonel, but I canna. | 我也想 上校 但是不行 |
[17:58] | Regretfully, I already have a wife. | 很遗憾 我已经有妻子了 |
[18:09] | I can understand the Browns | 我现在明白布朗家 |
[18:11] | wanting to see ye drawn and quartered. | 为什么想把你五马分尸了 |
[18:15] | How is it ye have a wife? | 你怎么会有妻子 |
[18:17] | My marriage was arranged between her parents and mine. | 我们是两家父母包办的婚姻 |
[18:20] | Ally… Miss Brown… | 艾丽… 布朗小姐… |
[18:22] | She-she took a likin’ to me on my travels through Brownsville. | 在我路过布朗斯维尔的时候喜欢上了我 |
[18:27] | And I took a likin’ to her. | 我也喜欢她 |
[18:29] | My, um… my heart had a mind of its own. | 我…我的心有自己的主意 |
[18:32] | ‘Twas as if I had no say in the matter. | 我也没办法 |
[18:35] | Still, ye made a vow to yer wife and broke it. | 但你还是打破了对你妻子的誓言 |
[18:40] | Ye swore an oath to me. | 你也对我起过誓 |
[18:42] | How can I be certain ye willna break it before day’s end? | 我怎么知道你不会也言而无信 |
[18:45] | My vow to ye was my own will. | 我是自愿效忠于你 |
[18:47] | Aye, as was yer infidelity. | 你的不忠也是出于自愿 |
[18:49] | I think we should consider clemency for the man. | 我觉得我们应该对他从宽处理 |
[18:52] | After all, “Love makes fools of us all.” | 毕竟 “爱情会让我们变得盲目” |
[18:56] | Ye must leave. Dinna show yer face here again. | 你必须离开这里 不要再出现在这里 |
[18:58] | I meant no trouble for ye. | 我不想给你们惹麻烦 |
[19:00] | As yer colonel, I’ll take care of your trouble. | 作为你的上校 我会处理好你带来的麻烦 |
[19:04] | What’s stopping ye? | 为什么还不走 |
[19:06] | I’ll never see Ally again. | 我再也不会见到艾丽了 |
[19:09] | Go. | 走吧 |
[19:10] | It’ll be better for both of ye. | 这样对你们俩都好 |
[19:23] | They’ll come looking for him. | 他们会去找他的 |
[19:26] | And they willna find him. | 他们不会找到他 |
[19:32] | So Mistress Beardsley disappeared and left us with the child. | 比尔兹利夫人消失了 留下了这个孩子 |
[19:37] | When we went outside, | 我们出去的时候 |
[19:38] | we found Mr. Beardsley’s grave. | 发现了比尔兹利先生的坟墓 |
[19:41] | She probably killed the bastard. | 她可能杀死了那个混蛋 |
[19:43] | Ma, you always think the worst of people. | 妈妈 你总是把人想得很坏 |
[19:45] | I’m just saying, is all. | 我只是这么说说 |
[19:47] | Beardsleys were strange, | 比尔兹利一家人都很奇怪 |
[19:48] | came through here once on their way home, | 有次回家路上经过了这里 |
[19:51] | didn’t say a word. | 但一句话都不说 |
[19:55] | So the babe’s dark. | 这孩子是黑人 |
[19:56] | Aaron Beardsley wasn’t the father. | 艾伦·比尔兹利不是她的父亲 |
[19:59] | No. | 没错 |
[20:00] | Fanny Beardsley may be strange, | 范妮·比尔兹利的确很古怪 |
[20:02] | but she isn’t the first woman to find herself in… | 但她不是第一个觉得自己 |
[20:06] | an unsuitable situation, | 格格不入的女人 |
[20:08] | and she certainly won’t be the last. | 当然也不会是最后一个 |
[20:15] | Oh, I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[20:17] | Oh, don’t worry. | 没关系 |
[20:18] | Funny you should spill cider on it, in fact. | 你撒上了苹果汁 有意思了 |
[20:20] | I don’t know who these physicians think they are these days, | 真不知道这些医生最近都自以为是什么大人物 |
[20:23] | writing to the broadsheets with their “Wisdom.” | 在报纸上写他们所谓的”智慧” |
[20:25] | It speaks of means to prevent becoming with child. | 这上面写着如何避免怀孕 |
[20:29] | “A woman is most fertile between”… | “一个女人的最佳生育年龄是…” |
[20:30] | Alicia, it is improper to speak of such things in company. | 艾丽西亚 你不该当众说这种事 |
[20:37] | May I see that? | 能给我看看吗 |
[20:39] | Trust you to draw her attention to that vulgar nonsense. | 你竟然说出那么粗鄙的话 引起了她的注意 |
[20:43] | Have you no compassion for your cousin? | 你对你的表妹没有同情之心吗 |
[20:48] | There now, my little lady. | 好了 小姑娘 |
[20:50] | You’ll do well here with us. | 我们会好好照顾你的 |
[20:52] | The babe’s a beauty. | 这宝宝太美丽了 |
[20:53] | We’re not here to judge her for her parents’ sins. | 我们不会因为她父母的罪过而迁怒于她 |
[20:56] | If you like, Mistress Fraser, I’ll take the babe tonight. | 弗雷泽夫人 如果可以的话 今晚我来照顾她 |
[21:01] | It won’t do you much good to be woken up by a screaming child | 我可以把她喂得饱饱的 你就不用半夜 |
[21:04] | when I can feed her here. | 被孩子的哭叫吵醒了 |
[21:06] | Won’t your husband mind you having to feed two hungry mouths? | 你的丈夫不介意你要多喂一个孩子吗 |
[21:10] | No bother at all. | 没关系 |
[21:13] | My husband is a fair man. | 我的丈夫是一个讲理的人 |
[21:15] | A fair man who fired at my Isaiah. | 冲我的艾赛亚发火算什么讲理 |
[21:17] | Aye, he did, and very fairly at that. | 没错 他那么做非常有他的道理 |
[21:20] | No one to blame but yourself. | 你只能怪你自己 |
[21:22] | If your poor mother could see how lowly you’d fallen. | 要是你可怜的母亲看到你现在堕落的样子 |
[21:28] | Would it be all right if I, uh, take this? | 这个可以给我吗 |
[21:34] | I, um… I could use it to, um, light a fire. | 我…我可以用来生火 |
[21:39] | That’s all it’s good for. | 也只有这种用场了 |
[21:42] | Thank you for your kindness. | 谢谢你们的慷慨 |
[21:45] | *There was two recruitin’ sergeants* | *有两个中士* |
[21:48] | *Came frae the Black Watch* | *从黑卫士兵团来* |
[21:50] | *Through markets and fairs, some recruits for to catch * | *穿过市场和城镇 要抓人当兵* |
[21:53] | Well, you’ve only lost a few men. | 你现在只损失了一些人 |
[21:56] | Men are what I need for this show of force. | 我需要人才能展示武力 |
[21:59] | And what should Roger have done? | 那罗杰该怎么办 |
[22:01] | Well, he had command of near two dozen men. | 他能指挥二十多个人 |
[22:03] | One word from him, and the Browns would have been outnumbered. | 只要他一声令下 布朗家的人就会寡不敌众 |
[22:07] | Instead he had them stand down and gave up one of his own. | 但是他让他们不要行动 还把自己人交了出去 |
[22:11] | Actions have consequences, Sassenach. | 任何行为都是有后果的 英格兰人 |
[22:13] | Yes, I know they do, | 我知道 |
[22:15] | but everyone can make a mistake. | 但是人人都会犯错 |
[22:19] | Here, look at this. | 你看看这个 |
[22:25] | 广告 罗林斯医生 | |
[22:27] | Who’s Dr. Rawlings? | 罗林斯医生是谁 |
[22:29] | Me. | 我 |
[22:31] | You? | 你 |
[22:33] | Beauchamp, Randall, Fraser, now Rawlings? | 比彻姆 兰德尔 弗雷泽 现在又是罗林斯 |
[22:36] | Ye have another husband I should ken about? | 你还有一个我不知道的丈夫吗 |
[22:37] | It’s a pseudonym. | 这是假名 |
[22:39] | That was the doctor’s name of the medical equipment you gave me. | 这是你给我的那批医疗设备所属医生的名字 |
[22:43] | You wrote to the broadsheets? | 你给报纸投稿了吗 |
[22:44] | No. | 不 |
[22:45] | No, I wrote out some medical advice for the Ridge | 不 我为山脊写了一些医疗建议 |
[22:49] | to dispel certain superstitions. | 帮助他们摒弃一些迷信思想 |
[22:51] | Never intended for it to go any further. | 没想到后面还有故事 |
[22:55] | Who would have submitted it to the printer without me knowing? | 谁会在我不知情的情况下 还以这名字印刷出版呢 |
[23:00] | Matured in oak casks, you say, huh? | 你说是在橡木桶里酿造的 |
[23:02] | Aye, the Scottish way. | 是的 苏格兰式的 |
[23:05] | Of course, it doesn’t compare to the wine from Champagne en France. | 当然了 这比不上法国的香槟酒 |
[23:09] | That’s a damsel’s drink if ever I heard of one. | 要我说 这只能算给小女孩喝的 |
[23:16] | Fergus… | 费格斯 |
[23:18] | that advertisement ye took to the printer, | 你拿去印刷的广告 |
[23:22] | ye remember the paper ye wrote on? | 你还记得你写字的那张纸吗 |
[23:24] | Did it have writing on the other side? | 另一面有些什么吗 |
[23:26] | There was. | 有 |
[23:28] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[23:29] | Ah, printer must have decided to use it, | 一定是印刷的人觉得可以利用起来 |
[23:32] | a very respectable name, after all, “Dr. Rawlings.” | 毕竟”罗林斯医生”这个名字值得尊敬 |
[23:35] | Do you think it will cause us any trouble? | 你觉得这会给我们带来麻烦吗 |
[23:37] | I mean, will anyone associate it with Fergus or the Ridge? | 如果有人把它跟费格斯或者山脊联系起来的话 |
[23:41] | Not unless someone tries to find the author, | 应该不会 除非有人想找到这位作者 |
[23:44] | invite him to speak on how “Bloodletting is a harmful practice.” | 邀请他来解释为什么放血疗法是对身体有害的 |
[23:48] | He’s gone. He’s gone! | 他不见了 他不见了 |
[23:50] | He’s gone! | 他不见了 |
[23:52] | Morton’s gone! He’s gone! | 莫顿不见了 他跑了 |
[23:56] | Morton’s gone. | 莫顿跑了 |
[23:57] | What are you telling me, boy? Was no one guarding him? | 你在说什么 没有人看着他吗 |
[24:00] | No, they were drinking. | 没有 大家都在喝酒 |
[24:01] | Find him, and when you do, | 找到他 如果找到了 |
[24:04] | don’t wait for me. | 不用等我来动手 |
[24:05] | No, Morton is a militiaman under my protection. | 不行 莫顿是我的兵 受我的保护 |
[24:08] | Well, we’re as protective as you, Colonel, | 我们也跟你一样有保护欲 上校 |
[24:10] | only I protect my own. | 只不过我保护自己的人 |
[24:14] | Ho there! | 住手 |
[24:19] | What in God’s name’s going on? | 这是在闹什么 |
[24:22] | I had Isaiah Morton. | 我看到艾赛亚·莫顿了 |
[24:23] | He was here, can’t have gone far. | 他刚刚还在这里 肯定没走远 |
[24:26] | Did you have any luck with Elijah Ford? | 伊利亚·福特那边怎么样 |
[24:30] | He could not be persuaded. | 没法说服他 |
[24:32] | Well, we can still catch Morton, | 我们还是可以去抓莫顿 |
[24:35] | if the militia will step out of my way. | 如果民兵队不拦着我们的话 |
[24:37] | I’m Colonel James Fraser. | 我是詹姆斯·弗雷泽上校 |
[24:39] | Any harm done to Morton | 任何伤害莫顿的行为 |
[24:41] | will be considered an act of aggression against my militia, | 都会被视为侵犯由州长大人泰伦 |
[24:44] | formed by His Excellency, Governor Tryon. | 组建的民兵队 |
[24:46] | I’ll have no choice but to consider ye | 那么我将别无选择 只能把你们 |
[24:49] | traitors to the crown, | 视为国王的叛徒 |
[24:51] | no better than the Regulators we were sent to disperse. | 恶劣程度不比我们去驱逐的监管者轻 |
[24:55] | Who are you calling a traitor? | 你骂谁叛徒呢 |
[24:57] | Stop, brother. | 住手 兄弟 |
[25:00] | You sound foolish. | 你听起来像个傻子 |
[25:04] | And a drunken fool at that. | 还是个喝醉酒的傻子 |
[25:07] | I want Morton as much as you do. | 我跟你一样想要抓住莫顿 |
[25:11] | So I am gonna talk to Colonel Fraser… | 因此我需要跟弗雷泽上校谈谈 |
[25:18] | Come to an understanding. | 达成共识 |
[25:26] | Is that clear? | 都听清了吗 |
[25:34] | You keep strange company, Colonel Fraser. | 你的同伴里有不端之人 弗雷泽上校 |
[25:38] | Isaiah Morton… | 艾赛亚·莫顿 |
[25:42] | Not of the God-fearing kind. | 对上帝毫无敬畏 |
[25:47] | Little I can do about a man’s character. | 对于他人的品行问题我也无能为力 |
[25:52] | There’s enough sin and lawlessness each day | 这个社会已经开始分崩离析了 |
[25:54] | without counting those Regulators | 即便没有那些监管者制造的混乱 |
[25:55] | causing disorder on an already crumbling society. | 每天出现的罪恶和违法之事也够多了 |
[26:01] | And we don’t want no trouble with the governor. | 我们无意与州长大人作对 |
[26:06] | So if you have come recruiting, | 如果你是来这里招兵的 |
[26:08] | you could not have found any better men in all the Carolinas. | 那整个卡罗来纳州你确实找不到更优秀的了 |
[26:12] | We’ll ride to Hillsborough with you, | 我们会和你去希尔斯堡 |
[26:15] | but they’ll all be answering to me. | 但他们都会听我的命令 |
[26:24] | Long as we’re in agreement ye will answer to me. | 只要我们达成共识 你就得听我的 |
[26:42] | You’ll stay the night with us? | 您今晚和我们的人一起休息吧 |
[26:46] | If it’s no trouble. | 如果不麻烦的话 |
[26:47] | What sort of man would I be | 如果我让一位女士 |
[26:49] | if I allowed a lady to sleep out with the militia | 跟民兵一起在黑暗的寒夜里露宿 |
[26:51] | on a cold, dark night? | 那我还算什么男人 |
[28:02] | Jemmy. | 吉米 |
[28:07] | Jemmy? | 吉米 |
[28:10] | Where’s Jemmy? Where’d he go? | 吉米在哪 他去哪了 |
[28:11] | Ball. | 球球 |
[28:12] | Germain, look at me. Did you see a man? | 热尔曼 看着我 你看到有人来了吗 |
[28:15] | Ball. | 球球 |
[28:17] | Jemmy. | 吉米 |
[28:18] | Jem-Jemmy? | 吉米 |
[28:22] | Jemmy? Jemmy? | 吉米 吉米 |
[28:25] | Jemmy? Jemmy! | 吉米 吉米 |
[28:29] | He-he took him. | 他把他带走了 |
[28:31] | What? Who? | 什么 谁带走了 |
[28:33] | Jemmy! Jemmy! | 吉米 吉米 |
[28:36] | I stepped outside for a minute, and I-I shouldn’t have. | 我出去了一小会儿 我不该出去的 |
[28:39] | – He can’t have gone far, Mistress. – We’ll find him. | -他应该还没走远 夫人 -我们会找到他的 |
[28:41] | Germain, where’s Jemmy? | 热尔曼 吉米在哪 |
[28:44] | – Ball. – Jemmy! | -球球 -吉米 |
[28:46] | Jemmy! | 吉米 |
[28:50] | Intent on finding his precious trinket, that’s all. | 吉米只是一心想找到他心爱的玩具 |
[29:01] | There we are, safe and sound. | 没事了 吉米好好的 |
[29:05] | Off to bed, everyone. | 大家都去睡吧 |
[29:10] | I know. | 没事了 |
[29:13] | Meet me in the kitchen. | 一会儿来厨房找我 |
[29:15] | I ken an honest cure for waking nightmares. | 我知道一个专治梦魇的良方 |
[29:26] | Okay, bud. | 没事了 小家伙 |
[29:29] | Connor Brown. | 康纳·布朗 |
[29:31] | Hiram Brown. | 海勒姆·布朗 |
[29:35] | Phineas Brown. | 菲尼亚斯·布朗 |
[29:41] | Abner Brown. | 艾布纳·布朗 |
[30:07] | Will this do for you and your husband? | 您和您丈夫住这里 您觉得怎么样 |
[30:09] | It’s perfect. Thank you. | 我很满意 谢谢你 |
[30:12] | I hope you don’t think we’re a family of ill repute | 发生了这么多事 我希望您不要觉得 |
[30:14] | with all that’s happened. | 我们是个不堪的家族 |
[30:16] | Perhaps God sent you to bring us the babe for a reason. | 或许上帝派您来把这个孩子送过来是有原因的 |
[30:20] | If you’re looking for a home for her, | 如果您想为她找一个家 |
[30:23] | we would care for her as if she’s ours. | 我们会对她视如己出的 |
[30:27] | That’s very kind. | 你们都是善良的人 |
[30:29] | You see, Lucinda’s own was born too little. | 露辛达自己的孩子早产了 |
[30:35] | She passed. | 夭折了 |
[30:38] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[30:44] | Alicia will help you with the bedding. | 艾丽西亚会帮你铺床的 |
[30:48] | Come and join us when you’re ready. | 准备好了就加入我们 |
[31:07] | Mistress Fraser… | 弗雷泽夫人 |
[31:10] | I heard. | 我听说了 |
[31:12] | Is Isaiah truly gone? | 艾赛亚真的走了吗 |
[31:15] | Better he stay gone, | 他最好是走了 |
[31:17] | considering your father’s feelings about him. | 毕竟你父亲对他的印象不好 |
[31:20] | I know… but… | 我知道 但是 |
[31:24] | But what? | 但是什么 |
[31:25] | He’s my first thought in the morning | 他是我朝思暮想 |
[31:28] | and my last thought at night. | 心心念念的人 |
[31:31] | He never spoke of marriage, | 虽然他从没说过要娶我 |
[31:33] | but I wouldn’t have lain with him if I thought… | 但如果我没感觉 我不会跟他睡的 |
[31:39] | Will you ask your husband, if he sees Isaiah again, | 能问问你丈夫 如果他再见到艾赛亚 |
[31:42] | to tell him that I’ll follow him wherever? | 告诉他我会跟随他到天涯海角 |
[31:45] | I’ll do whatever I must. | 让我做什么都可以 |
[31:47] | Alicia. | 艾丽西亚 |
[31:52] | Isaiah Morton… | 艾赛亚·莫顿 |
[31:54] | is not worth leaving your family for. | 不值得你离家追随 |
[31:58] | I’m sorry to have to be the one to tell you this. | 很抱歉要跟你说这些 |
[32:01] | He’s already married. | 他已经结婚了 |
[32:08] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[32:12] | To whom? | 跟谁结婚 |
[32:15] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[32:18] | He told my husband. | 他跟我丈夫说了 |
[32:21] | Oh, he… | 他 |
[32:23] | he’s also not worth your tears. | 他也不值得你为他落泪 |
[32:30] | What will I do? | 我该怎么办 |
[32:33] | I’ll never want anyone else, | 我不会再爱上其他人了 |
[32:36] | and no one else will ever want me. | 也没人会要我了 |
[32:41] | Alicia… | 艾丽西亚 |
[32:44] | are you with child? | 你怀孕了吗 |
[32:48] | I think so. I don’t know. | 应该是 我不知道 |
[32:56] | Your family will take care of you. | 你的家人会照顾好你的 |
[32:58] | No, I’ve disappointed them. | 不 我让他们失望了 |
[33:01] | I’ve ruined my… our reputation. | 我让我自己 让家庭蒙羞 |
[33:08] | I wish I was dead. | 还不如死了算了 |
[33:10] | No. | 不 |
[33:12] | No, that is the last thing you should wish for. | 不 你千万不能这样想 |
[33:23] | Ye gonna tell me what kind of devil ye conjured? | 跟我说说你都想象了什么恶魔 |
[33:30] | I did, didn’t I? | 是的 不是吗 |
[33:33] | I conjured everything up somehow. | 我莫名其妙就瞎想了那一切 |
[33:36] | I canna help ye if I dinna ken what ye’re thinkin’. | 如果不知道你在想什么 我没法帮你 |
[33:43] | It’s nothing. | 没事 |
[33:46] | I mean, I-I hope it’s nothing. | 我是说但愿没事 |
[33:50] | Then we’ll sit here and drink | 那我们就在这神圣的静默中 |
[33:53] | in sacred silence. | 坐着喝酒 |
[33:59] | It’s my own fault. I-I shouldn’t have let Jemmy out of my sight. | 都怪我 我不该让吉米离开我的视线 |
[34:03] | Nothing happened. | 什么都没发生 |
[34:11] | I never told you this… but… | 我从没跟你说过 但是 |
[34:17] | I killed my father. | 我杀了我父亲 |
[34:21] | He beat us… hand, belt, pot… | 他殴打我们 用手 皮带和锅 |
[34:26] | whatever was close, whenever he felt the urge, | 逮到什么就用什么 只要一生气就打 |
[34:29] | which was often. | 而他经常生气 |
[34:31] | He once broke my lip. Couldna speak for a month. | 有次我的嘴唇都被打破了 一个月不能说话 |
[34:36] | I prayed every night that he would stop. | 我每夜都祈祷他能停手 |
[34:41] | Wished him dead. | 咒他去死 |
[34:43] | And then one day… | 然后有一天 |
[34:46] | he was arrested as a Jacobite. | 他因为是詹姆斯二世党被抓了 |
[34:50] | Though I prayed every night for God to take him. | 虽然我每夜都咒他去死 |
[34:55] | I let my mind be consumed | 我放任自己 |
[34:58] | by thoughts of all the terrible things that could happen to him. | 想象着各种他可能受到的折磨 |
[35:06] | He died in prison. | 他死在了监狱 |
[35:09] | I killed him. | 我杀了他 |
[35:11] | You didn’t kill him. | 不是你杀的 |
[35:19] | You see, thinking, | 你只是想象 |
[35:22] | no matter how hard or long, | 不论是多恶毒多长久的诅咒 |
[35:24] | doesna make something come true. | 都不会成为现实的 |
[35:33] | Or else I’d be the queen of some castle | 不然我早就成了女王 |
[35:35] | filled with jewels and fine wines. | 城堡里满藏着珠宝和美酒 |
[35:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:56] | Our men are putting up the tents for the night, Mistress, | 我们的人在扎营过夜 夫人 |
[35:58] | up the road. | 在路前面 |
[36:00] | They need a hand. | 他们需要帮忙 |
[36:01] | Good. | 好 |
[36:05] | Wait, come here. | 等等 过来 |
[36:16] | Open your mouth. | 张嘴 |
[36:19] | Stick out your tongue. | 舌头伸出来 |
[36:24] | Jesus H. Roosevelt Christ. | 天哪 |
[36:27] | Must you two be alike in every way? | 你俩是任何方面都要一样吗 |
[36:29] | Is all well with him? | 他没事吧 |
[36:32] | Does your throat hurt from time to time like your brother’s? | 你的喉咙也像你哥哥那样偶尔会疼吗 |
[36:37] | Aye, comes and goes. | 对 时不时会疼 |
[36:41] | Well, there’s nothing I can do it about it tonight. | 我今天晚上也没法给你治疗 |
[36:43] | But make sure to drink plenty… water or ale… | 但一定要多喝水 或者啤酒 |
[36:47] | And pitch your tent at a fair distance. | 你的帐篷搭远一点 |
[36:50] | Aye, Mistress. | 好 夫人 |
[36:59] | It’s about 20 miles. | 约有三十多公里 |
[37:01] | It’s about two… | 大概有两个 |
[37:07] | – What is it, Sassenach? – Kezzie. | -怎么了 英格兰人 -肯齐 |
[37:09] | His tonsils are as infected as his brother’s. | 他的扁桃体和他哥哥一样发炎了 |
[37:12] | Must have contracted it from Josiah somehow. | 肯定是被约西亚传染了 |
[37:15] | His fever’s very high. | 他发高烧了 |
[37:17] | Josiah’s strong enough to wait for surgery, | 约西亚身体很好 可以等到做手术 |
[37:18] | but I don’t think Kezzie is. | 但我觉得肯齐等不到 |
[37:21] | Can ye perform it here? | 你能在这里做手术吗 |
[37:23] | I need penicillin for this kind of surgery. | 做这手术需要青霉素 |
[37:28] | And ye don’t have that yet? | 可是你还没能制取青霉素 是吗 |
[37:30] | No, I feel I was close | 不 我感觉我们离开之前 |
[37:32] | to finding the right strain before we left. | 我已经快要找到正确的菌株了 |
[37:36] | Then ye must return with them to the Ridge. | 那你一定要跟他们回山脊去 |
[37:38] | Josiah’s no use to me here. | 约书亚在我这里帮不上忙 |
[37:41] | The Ridge needs a hunter, and… | 山脊需要猎人 而且… |
[37:42] | Keziah’s no good to anyone dead. | 肯齐亚死了对大家都没好处 |
[37:45] | What if you encounter the Regulators? | 如果你遇到监管者了怎么办 |
[37:48] | Won’t you need me? | 你不会需要我吗 |
[37:50] | Well, ye said ye didna ken of any battles. | 你说你没听到过有战争 |
[37:53] | No, nor did Brianna. | 布丽安娜也没有 |
[37:59] | I don’t want to leave you so soon. | 我不想这么快就离开你 |
[38:04] | We didna spend a day in hell | 我们这一天来历经磨难 |
[38:05] | to secure the safety of those lads to… | 才保护了小伙子们的安全 这不是为了 |
[38:08] | see them suffer now. | 眼看他们饱受煎熬 |
[38:11] | Heal them both… | 把他们两个都治好 |
[38:18] | And return to me. | 然后回来找我 |
[38:21] | Roger Mac. | 罗杰·麦克 |
[38:24] | Colonel. | 上校 |
[38:29] | Come dawn, ye will escort Claire home. | 等天亮了 你护送克莱尔回家 |
[38:33] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[38:37] | I need to take the twins back to my surgery. | 我得把他们兄弟二人带回我的手术室 |
[38:42] | What about the militia and Hillsborough? | 那民兵队和希尔斯堡怎么办 |
[38:45] | I made ye a captain without time to prepare ye | 我任命你当队长 但却没时间让你做好准备 |
[38:48] | or teach you what the word meant. | 或者告诉你这个词语的含义 |
[38:50] | From the old French capitaine via the Latin… | 它从法语单词capitaine演变而来 经由拉丁文… |
[38:52] | Lead my wife home. | 送我妻子回家 |
[38:58] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[39:00] | We’ll be back with them before you know it. | 我们很快就能回到他们身边 |
[39:02] | It’s not that that concerns me. | 我担心的不是这件事 |
[39:05] | He doesna have any faith in me. | 而是他根本就不信任我 |
[39:08] | He just entrusted you with the one thing he loves most. | 他刚刚才将他的最爱托付到你手上 |
[39:14] | Aye. | 是 |
[40:04] | Go. Go and dance. | 去吧 去跳舞吧 |
[40:09] | I hope my mother-in-law told you | 但愿我婆婆跟你说了 |
[40:10] | that if you’re looking for a good home… | 如果你想为孩子找个好的去处… |
[40:11] | We don’t mind keeping her. | 我们不介意收留她 |
[40:14] | Are you quite sure? | 你们确定吗 |
[40:17] | It’s not her fault how she came into this world, | 她的身世如何不是她的错 |
[40:20] | and we have plenty of room to spare now. | 我们现在有很多空房 |
[40:23] | She wouldn’t lack for anything. | 她需要什么都应有尽有 |
[40:26] | If you’d allow it. | 只等你同意了 |
[40:27] | Well, I’d have to speak with my husband. | 我需要知会我丈夫一声 |
[40:30] | Of course. | 当然 |
[40:54] | Here, would you like to take her? | 来 你想抱着她吗 |
[41:27] | Go on, Mac Dubh. | 来吧 布莱恩之子 |
[42:24] | Mac Dubh! Go on, Mac Dubh! | 布莱恩之子 来吧 布莱恩之子 |
[42:38] | Didn’t know you could dance like that. | 我都不知道你那么会跳舞 |
[42:48] | Where are you taking me? | 你要带我去哪里 |
[42:51] | Away from prying eyes. | 去一个没人能偷看的地方 |
[42:54] | Well, I should warn you, | 那我可要提醒你了 |
[42:56] | my husband’s as jealous as he is handsome. | 我丈夫又爱吃醋又英俊 |
[43:00] | And you should know I can… | 你还应该知道 我可以 |
[43:03] | knock you off your feet, sir. | 把你撞倒在地 先生 |
[43:06] | You can’t even walk in a straight line. | 你都没办法走直线了 |
[43:10] | Can you recite the alphabet backwards? | 你能把字母表倒着背一遍吗 |
[43:12] | I expect so. English or Greek? | 我觉得可以 英文还是希腊文 |
[43:17] | Well, never mind. | 算了 |
[43:19] | If you can recite either of those forwards, | 只要你能把其中一种顺着背出来 |
[43:21] | then you’re in a better condition than I. | 你就比我清醒 |
[43:31] | There’s a… | 有一个问题 |
[43:34] | a question I wanna ask ye. | 我想问问你 |
[43:36] | What? | 什么问题 |
[43:40] | Do ye want wee Bonnie? | 你想不想收养小美女 |
[43:43] | Do ye wanna keep her? | 你想不想把她留下 |
[43:48] | We have a big house. | 我们有间大房子 |
[43:50] | I’ve seen ye with her, Sassenach. | 我看见过你抱着她的样子 英格兰人 |
[43:54] | I’ve seen how you-you would ha’ looked with Bree. | 我看见了你看待布丽的眼神 |
[44:00] | And I thought maybe this might be the last chance | 我想这也许是我们一起抚养 |
[44:02] | for us to raise a bairn together. | 一个孩子的最后机会了 |
[44:08] | What would you think if she stayed? | 如果她留在这里 你会怎么想 |
[44:11] | Here… in Brownsville? | 这里 布朗斯维尔吗 |
[44:16] | It’s been suggested. | 有人提出来了 |
[44:20] | Lucinda’s taken a liking to her. | 露辛达很喜欢她 |
[44:23] | I think she needs our wee Bonnie more than anyone. | 我觉得她比任何人都需要小美女 |
[44:28] | She’d be in good hands. | 她会被疼爱有加的 |
[44:31] | Bonnie comes with the deed to the Beardsley property. | 她自带比尔兹利的房产地契 |
[44:37] | After the trouble with Alicia, | 经历了艾丽西亚的是非之后 |
[44:40] | it’d be a welcome addition to the Browns’ estate. | 这对布朗庄园可以说是雪中送炭 |
[44:44] | I have no life but you, Claire. | 没有你 我无法存活 克莱尔 |
[44:48] | But if ye wanted another child, | 如果你还想要个孩子 |
[44:50] | I thought that perhaps I might give ye one, | 我想也许我可以给你个孩子 |
[44:54] | one that ye wouldn’t have to suffer carrying. | 一个不用让你经历怀胎之苦的孩子 |
[45:01] | Please know… | 你要知道 |
[45:05] | that if it’s at all possible… | 因为你想把握这个机会 |
[45:08] | I love you even more for wanting to take the chance. | 我甚至更加爱你了 如果我还能更爱你的话 |
[45:13] | I also regret that we were never parents together. | 我也很遗憾我们从未一起抚养儿女 |
[45:17] | But regret… | 但遗憾 |
[45:20] | isn’t reason enough. | 不是充分的理由 |
[45:25] | I love our life. | 我爱我们的生活 |
[45:28] | I love our home together. | 我爱我们组成的家 |
[45:32] | Would we even be the best home for her? | 可我们能给她最合适的家吗 |
[45:36] | Then there’s our obituary. | 我们还得考虑讣告的事 |
[45:46] | I am grateful… | 我很感恩 |
[45:49] | for every day we have. | 我们生活的每一天 |
[45:54] | As am I. | 我也是 |
[46:07] | And Marsali and Fergus… | 玛沙利和费格斯 |
[46:11] | Well, I’m sure they will keep the Ridge sufficiently populated, | 他们肯定会让山脊人丁兴旺 |
[46:14] | if that’s what you’re worried about. | 如果你担心这事 |
[46:16] | Yeah, that lass is with child | 每次费格斯看到她 |
[46:18] | every time Fergus lays eyes upon her. | 那姑娘就怀了孕 |
[46:23] | And he dares to joke about my virility. | 他竟敢拿我的生殖力开玩笑 |
[46:30] | That was a gunshot. | 那是枪声 |
[46:40] | Here. | 这里 |
[46:41] | Alicia! | 艾丽西亚 |
[46:46] | Alicia. | 艾丽西亚 |
[46:49] | I meant the bullet for my heart. | 我本来想击中我的心脏 |
[46:52] | Please, leave me so I can try again! | 拜托了 别管我 让我再试一次 |
[47:02] | She’s wounded. | 她受伤了 |
[47:05] | We must get her home. Come. | 我们得送她回家 来吧 |
[47:08] | Shh, come. | 嘘 来吧 |
[47:10] | Come on. | 来 |
[47:20] | It’s all right, darling. | 没事的 亲爱的 |
[47:26] | I’m all alone. | 我孤孤单单 |
[47:30] | I can’t live with what I’ve done. | 我无法忍受我所做的一切 |
[47:32] | I can’t live without Isaiah. | 没有艾赛亚我活不下去 |
[47:35] | You are not alone, | 你并不孤单 |
[47:39] | and your baby is worth living for. | 你的孩子值得你活下去 |
[47:46] | Jamie, would you find some whisky? | 杰米 去找点威士忌来 |
[47:49] | Settle her nerves. | 让她平复情绪 |
[47:58] | Morton? | 莫顿 |
[47:59] | What in God’s name are you doing here? | 你到底在这里做什么 |
[48:01] | I couldn’t leave, sir, not without seeing Ally. | 我不能走 先生 我得先见见艾丽 |
[48:04] | Do you know where I can find her? | 你知道她在哪里吗 |
[48:05] | The lass kens ye’ve a wife already. | 那姑娘知道你已经有妻子了 |
[48:08] | If her father sees ye, he’ll shoot ye on sight. | 如果她父亲看到你 就会立刻对你开枪 |
[48:10] | She may stab ye to the heart, bigamist that ye are. | 她也许会刺中你的心脏 因为你犯了重婚罪 |
[48:14] | And if neither of them succeed, I might do the job myself. | 如果他俩都没能成功 我也许会亲自动手 |
[48:18] | What sort of man gets a lass with child | 哪种男人会让一个姑娘怀孕 |
[48:20] | and no right to give it his name? | 孩子却无权冠上他的姓氏 |
[48:22] | With child? | 怀孕吗 |
[48:24] | Aye, she is. | 是的 |
[48:27] | Now, ye’d best leave. | 你最好离开 |
[48:29] | I’m sorry, sir. | 抱歉 先生 |
[48:31] | I dinna wish to do you harm, but I must see Ally. | 我不想伤害你 但我必须见到艾丽 |
[48:35] | Put it down. | 放下枪 |
[48:37] | Ye ken fine ye willna shoot me. | 你很清楚你不会对我开枪 |
[48:39] | So do I. | 我也清楚 |
[48:45] | I canna speak ill of my wife, | 我不会说我妻子的坏话 |
[48:47] | but neither one of us was happy. | 但我俩都不幸福 |
[48:49] | We havena shared a home nor a bed for two years now, | 我们两年里都没有同住一个家 同睡一张床 |
[48:52] | and we’ve no children. | 我们也没孩子 |
[48:54] | Ally… uh, Miss Brown is my heart and soul. | 艾丽 布朗小姐是我的挚爱 |
[48:59] | Please, help me see her. | 拜托了 帮我见到她 |
[49:06] | Nothing in this world is worth | 世界上没有任何事值得你 |
[49:09] | taking your life for. | 牺牲自己的性命 |
[49:25] | I thought you were gone. | 我还以为你走了 |
[49:26] | I should be gone. | 我是该走 |
[49:28] | Is it true? You’re with child? | 你怀孕了是真的吗 |
[49:35] | Is it true you’re married? | 你结婚了是真的吗 |
[49:38] | Yes. | 是的 |
[49:41] | And do you love her? | 你爱她吗 |
[49:43] | I love only you. | 我只爱你 |
[49:51] | I have the muster roll here, Colonel. | 我拿来了花名册 上校 |
[49:52] | I just wanted to… | 我想 |
[49:55] | Morton? | 莫顿 |
[49:57] | What are you thinking coming back? | 你怎么想的 居然回来了 |
[50:00] | I’m a fool, as ye said, | 我是个傻瓜 像你说的 |
[50:03] | as are ye, | 你也是 |
[50:05] | and as is the colonel. | 上校也是 |
[50:09] | Are ye both telling me that if someone told you to leave, | 你俩是在告诉我 如果有人让你们离开 |
[50:11] | told ye that ye’d never see Mistress MacKenzie | 说你们再也见不到麦肯齐夫人 |
[50:14] | or Mistress Fraser again, you’d stand for it, | 或者弗雷泽夫人 你们会忍受 |
[50:17] | that ye’d obey without a fight? | 你们会服从 不进行反抗吗 |
[50:19] | If either of ye would go | 如果你俩会走 |
[50:21] | and leave the women ye love | 离开你们全心全意 |
[50:22] | with all yer hearts, say it now. | 爱着的女人 那就说出口 |
[50:25] | Say ye’d go, and I’ll walk out of here | 说你们会走 我就离开这里 |
[50:26] | without another word. | 不再多说一句话 |
[50:38] | So I was biding my time. | 我在等待时机 |
[50:40] | I had to wait for nightfall to prove it to you. | 我得等到天黑才能向你证明 |
[50:43] | Will ye have me? | 你愿意要我吗 |
[50:44] | It may be bold and… | 这也许很大胆 |
[50:46] | reckless and foolish, but… | 鲁莽 愚蠢 但是 |
[50:49] | how can I live without ye? | 没有你我怎么活得下去 |
[50:51] | Or I without you? | 我也是 |
[50:53] | They can’t stay here. | 他们不能留在这里 |
[50:57] | No, they canna. | 是啊 |
[51:47] | Go! | 快走 |
[52:14] | – Those are our horses. – Get after them! | -那是我们的马 -去追它们 |
[52:32] | This wee devil roaming about. | 这个小恶魔四处游荡 |
[52:36] | Must’ve startled the horses. | 一定是吓着马了 |
[52:39] | They dinna take kindly to our cloven-hooved friends. | 它们不喜欢我们的偶蹄朋友 |
[52:58] | Adultery, betrayal, dishonor. | 通奸 背叛 玷污 |
[53:02] | Excuses could be made, of course. | 当然 人们可以找借口 |
[53:05] | I know I made my own when I was separated from Frank | 我知道一种我无法理解的力量将我和弗兰克分开时 |
[53:08] | by a power I didn’t understand. | 我自己也找了借口 |
[53:12] | And yet, wherever you are, you make choices: | 然而 不管你在哪里 你都要做出选择 |
[53:17] | foolish ones or ones that save yourself or someone else. | 愚蠢的选择 或者拯救自己和别人的选择 |
[53:22] | All you can hope for | 你只能希望 |
[53:24] | is that the good will outweigh the harm that may come of it. | 它的好处将超过它可能带来的坏处 |